3.9/5 (369 ratings)

About Nectar Sleep

Nectar sells one medium-firm mattress model that has excellent support, making it a great choice for back sleepers. It is manufactured with a cooling cover, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a base layer. The mattress also comes with a 365-night sleep trial, and shipping and returns are free.

Pros

• Virtually silent
  • Great value
  • 365-night sleep trial

Cons

• Not ideal for stomach sleepers

Bottom Line

Nectar’s one memory foam mattress is medium-firm, made of high-quality materials and comes at an affordable price. The mattress’ excellent support makes it especially good for back sleepers.

About Nectar mattresses

The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is classified as Medium Firm and is constructed with several layers of memory foam to help relieve pressure. However, the mattress’ biggest claim to fame is its affordable price paired with high-quality materials. The mattress is excellent for back sleepers and very good for side sleepers as it offers a nice contour but doesn’t sink in quite as much as similar models. Shipping and returns are free, the warranty lasts forever and financing options are available.

365-night trial

Free shipping & returns

Forever warranty

Nectar Sleep mattresses

Nectar mattress construction and materials

Nectar uses better materials than most competitor mattresses in the same price range. The Nectar mattress has five layers of materials: a cooling cover to wick away heat, quilted gel memory foam for comfort, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a dense but breathable base layer. Nectar mattress reviews mention that the mattress is virtually noiseless.

nectar materials

Nectar mattress comfort

Nectar mattresses are highly rated when it comes to comfort, especially when taking price into consideration. Some mattresses with similar levels of comfort cost a few hundred dollars more. Quality foam materials, gel and a breathable cover all help make the Nectar mattress one of the best mattresses around. The support core is made of high-density polyfoam.

• Firmness: Nectar has one mattress firmness level: Medium Firm. This is about a 6.5 on the traditional 1-10 firmness scale.
  • Sleeping position: The Nectar mattress is very good for back sleepers and overall good for side sleepers. However, keep in mind Nectar Sleep mattress reviews do mention that stomach sleeping is difficult for lighter weights.
  • Motion transfer: Thick layers of memory foam absorb almost all movement and result in minimal bounce, making the Nectar mattress an excellent choice for couples.
  • Edge support: Nectar mattresses have good edge support, though some people do report slight sinkage within a year. There is a small amount of compression when lying on the side of the bed, but the results are good overall.
  • Sleeping hot: Gel layers, a breathable cover and a lack of sink-in help users keep cool when sleeping on a Nectar mattress. But some users mention experiences of sleeping hot, so it isn’t perfect.

Nectar mattress cost

Nectar mattress prices are low compared to competitors, without sacrificing comfort or quality. It’s almost impossible to find a cheaper mattress with the same level of quality.

Mattress sizeNectar cost
Twin$399
Twin XL$469
Full$599
Queen$699
King$899
California King$899

Are Nectar mattresses good?

Nectar Sleep mattresses are good. They are made of quality materials and come at an affordable price, making them some of the best mattresses around. It’s an especially good choice for back sleepers because it provides such good support.

Nectar Sleep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I can't believe all the 1 stars on this site. I tried many different mattresses at furniture stores before purchasing online. I chose it, because it was more comfortable than most of the 2 and 3 thousand dollar mattresses I tried. Anyone who buys something without trying first is foolish. My buying experience was amazing. I ordered it on Saturday, and it arrived on Thursday. They were in contact with me the entire time. This is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I sleep through the night and wake up pain free for the first time in years. The Serenity sleep bundle is also amazing. I would gladly pay $399, if it did not come free with my purchase. Some people are never satisfied, but I love my Nectar.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Ordered and received the mattress in 2017. Arrived in great shape, easy to roll it out. Over the years we have noticed that the mattress is prone to feeling hot. It’s an unwelcome nuisance. No way to fix it. Would buy another composite mattress, but not until I’m assured that the new mattress has cooling agents built into it.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The company was great to work with. The buying process was easy. Email communication was straightforward and clear. We ended up returning it, and even that was hassle-free. They set up everything, and a guy came to the house and picked it up. The refund was issued within an hour of the pickup. I wish more companies operated like these guys do.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Purchased mattress at local furniture store. Disappointed as I had heard such great things from others. With back problems, I gave up sleeping on it after 5 nights and moved to guest room—I could hardly walk of the mornings! Husband and I found it to be hot. Although Nectar says keep the mattress 30 nights before returning, the furniture company picked it up in 2 weeks and a refund was prompt. Mattress gets 1 star.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I love it! I feel better and it was very easy! Good things come to those who wait! It took a while to arrive but worth it! The adjustable base is amazing! Upgrade for a perfect night's sleep! My cats have not left it since it arrived!

Original review: May 8, 2022

I purchased a queen size adjustable bed frame. It is too complicated for me to put together. I reached out to Nectar who said that due to the pandemic they won't be able to send someone out to put it together. They referred me to a third party. So they do not service what they sell. I will not be doing business with them in the future.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I have never been more disgusted with a company. My 3 month old bed developed mold on the UNDERSIDE of the mattress. It is on a platform frame that consists of metal bars covered in thick canvas. There is a massive spot of mold that is approximately two feet long and a foot wide. The company refuses to offer me any sort of compensation whether it is a refund or a replacement. I was told this is an environmental change and not under warranty. The only help I was offered was being told to try placing the bed in the sun to try to kill the mold. Again, this is a brand new bed and the mold is located on the underside so I am having difficulty understanding how this could be due to something I did, along with the fact that there is no other furniture in my home that has any mold. Absolutely avoid these beds at all costs, unless you want to waste $850 dollars like I did, and put your health in jeopardy.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

This mattress is totally out of balance from day one. I thought it would work out the different levels after time. I was wrong. I can barely roll over on this mattress because the left side is so much firmer than the left. It has zero support on the edges of the bed. It will not stay put on the box Springs for even one night. I have contacted the company for some resolution but have no success. They say they have a 365 warranty but they have blocked me every time. They wanted me to send pictures of the mattress with weights on different sides which I did and never got a response. I want my money back now!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Don't believe the 365 night trial. I tried to return this piece of crap (after 6 months) and I was given the runaround. I wake with back pain EVERYDAY. I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a year. So today I get to go shopping for a new mattress.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

UPDATED 1/27/2022: I recently purchased a Nectar mattress in a box and my decision was based on many positive reviews online. It was the worse decision ever, ended up with back pain, sleepless nights and above all, a company who gives you run-around instead of looking into a poor quality product and fix the issue. My word of advice is, don't even consider purchasing one. BTW, not sure if you read recently online that a company was forcing their employees to leave positive feedback online or else. Educate yourself and be aware.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Went online few weeks ago in search of a mattress for our new bed. Came across Nectar with somewhat high rating and fell for those phony reviews and purchased one. The first night I slept on it was the worse night. Mattress sunk on one side, then in the middle. I could not believe how cheap it's made. I gave it another try the following night; I almost fell off of the bed due to poor quality. I called the customer lack of service and the nightmare started. The representative asked me to put some heavy object on the mattress and take some pictures??? I replied that I just want to return this trash and they replied that this is how they operate. I took some pictures and sent them to the warranty dept.

Keep in mind, the mattress is not even 5 days old, and I am getting run around. I got a new email that I need to take new photos of the bottom, top, sides, tags, ETC??? I lost it!! I replied that I just don't want this mattress which cost me almost $1400.00 which is not even worth anything. Why am I getting run around when you can simply issue a tag and drop it off by UPS. Nope, that was not an option. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Now, I finally know they want to get their trash back since I disputed the charge. STAY AWAY from this company. DON'T believe in those phony reviews. I have been informed by BBB that many companies ask their employees to leave positive reviews online as a "job security."

Nectar Sleep Company Information