2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.75/5

Nectar sells one medium-firm mattress model that has excellent support, making it a great choice for back sleepers. It is manufactured with a cooling cover, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a base layer. The mattress also comes with a 365-night sleep trial, and shipping and returns are free.

BOTTOM LINE

Nectar’s one memory foam mattress is medium-firm, made of high-quality materials and comes at an affordable price. The mattress’ excellent support makes it especially good for back sleepers.

PROS

• Virtually silent
  • Great value
  • 365-night sleep trial

CONS

• Not ideal for stomach sleepers

About Nectar mattresses

The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is classified as Medium Firm and is constructed with several layers of memory foam to help relieve pressure. However, the mattress’ biggest claim to fame is its affordable price paired with high-quality materials. The mattress is excellent for back sleepers and very good for side sleepers as it offers a nice contour but doesn’t sink in quite as much as similar models. Shipping and returns are free, the warranty lasts forever and financing options are available.

365-night trial

Free shipping & returns

Forever warranty

Nectar mattress construction and materials

Nectar uses better materials than most competitor mattresses in the same price range. The Nectar mattress has five layers of materials: a cooling cover to wick away heat, quilted gel memory foam for comfort, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a dense but breathable base layer. Nectar mattress reviews mention that the mattress is virtually noiseless.

nectar materials

Nectar mattress comfort

Nectar mattresses are highly rated when it comes to comfort, especially when taking price into consideration. Some mattresses with similar levels of comfort cost a few hundred dollars more. Quality foam materials, gel and a breathable cover all help make the Nectar mattress one of the best mattresses around. The support core is made of high-density polyfoam.

• Firmness: Nectar has one mattress firmness level: Medium Firm. This is about a 6.5 on the traditional 1-10 firmness scale.
    • Sleeping position: The Nectar mattress is very good for back sleepers and overall good for side sleepers. However, keep in mind Nectar Sleep mattress reviews do mention that stomach sleeping is difficult for lighter weights.
    • Motion transfer: Thick layers of memory foam absorb almost all movement and result in minimal bounce, making the Nectar mattress an excellent choice for couples.
    • Edge support: Nectar mattresses have good edge support, though some people do report slight sinkage within a year. There is a small amount of compression when lying on the side of the bed, but the results are good overall.
    • Sleeping hot: Gel layers, a breathable cover and a lack of sink-in help users keep cool when sleeping on a Nectar mattress. But some users mention experiences of sleeping hot, so it isn’t perfect.

Nectar mattress cost

Nectar mattress prices are low compared to competitors, without sacrificing comfort or quality. It’s almost impossible to find a cheaper mattress with the same level of quality.

Mattress sizeNectar cost
    Twin$399
    Twin XL$469
    Full$599
    Queen$699
    King$899
    California King$899

Are Nectar mattresses good?

Nectar Sleep mattresses are good. They are made of quality materials and come at an affordable price, making them some of the best mattresses around. It’s an especially good choice for back sleepers because it provides such good support.

Nectar Sleep Reviews

Original review: May 6, 2020

We LOVE our Nectar mattresses. We purchased 2 TWIN XL mattresses as replacement for our Electropedic bed, which is a king bed using two twin xl mattresses. It is living up to its statement. The best we have slept on.

Original review: May 5, 2020

We ordered a Nectar mattress after I sustained a debilitating lower back injury in 2017. I was not able to sleep comfortably (if at all) on regular coil spring mattress/box spring. The Nectar offered memory foam mattress with 1yr full money back guarantee. If you buy a Nectar, the company will refund your total cost for any reason. Nectar will pick up mattress and then donate to local charity. No other bedding company provides this offer. The Nectar is the best sleep I have had since my injury. I sleep comfortably every night. I suffered in pain until I purchased the Nectar. For $700 it is absolutely the best you can buy regardless of price. I tried everything. Nectar is high quality bedding and I have recommended to many people. We now have 2 Nectars.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2020

This is a very stable and comfortable mattress and I would recommend it to all who want a good night's sleep. It only took two days to fully expand and be able to be used. The comfort comes from the many layers of support build into the mattress. The company also sent a package of two pillows, and a mattress cover. The only bad thing is that they promised me a sheet set which has yet to be delivered.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Really nice mattress with support and comfort. I was worried about ordering a bed in a box but am very satisfied so far. We have had it about a month. I have already recommended it to several other people.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We bought the mattress and base. The base broke shortly after purchase but customer service to get it refunded off the account went above and beyond. I also have chronic back pain and this mattress has actually helped to relieve some of that so I get better sleep.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?

Original review: May 29, 2020

I ordered this mattress online. I keep getting emails order delayed. Sent several emails to cancel order, also did a live chat and told to cancel order. They refused because order in process. Really.... several emails say order delayed. I had to contact my credit card company to lodge a complaint. My advice..... Don't order from this company!

Original review: May 28, 2020

We bought their mattress 2 months ago, no problems. Now I ordered the matching frame & its like we dont exist. Text, email phone chat there is no way to contact them. Their guarantee is a joke, if there's a problem there is NO WAY to reach them. SHAME ON THIS PREDATORY BUNCH OF CROOKS.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I have ordered 2 mattresses from Nectar. The first one they sent the wrong size. They do not answer the phone, and the chats generally take 45 minutes to an hour to connect to someone. It took about 5 different chats to resolve that issue. The second mattress I ordered finally arrived a bit slow, but expected due to virus, but the free stuff advertised has not even shipped yet and it’s been 11 days. I tried to inquire by chat, but was 104 in queue. That would take hours, so I sent an email in which I never received a response. They are not taking phone calls. While I like the mattresses, their customer service is pitiful. Really non existent. They offer a 365 day trial period, but I can’t imagine trying to get them to actually take one back.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Not sure about their mattress yet, but don't expect it to be any better than their service to this point. I purchased a Cal-King mattress from Nectar and paid $150. extra for their white glove delivery which includes set up and removal of the old mattress and their site 2-5 days delivery. First they should have said 2-5 weeks delivery. They then set up delivery through a separate delivery co. and first it took that company over a week to deliver the mattress when they were a LOCAL CO. When the delivery people arrived the first thing they said before they even came in our house was they could not take our old mattress because their warehouse told them not to which made me mad because that was the main reason I paid the $150 because even with bad knees I could have opened the box and removed a thin plastic protecting the mattress which is what their white glove delivery ended up being.

I contacted Nectar to complain about them not taking our old mattress and they said the delivery people said they wouldn't take our old mattress because it was a biohazard with many stains and they sent Nectar a very dark photo of a mattress that wasn't mine, mine has always been in a mattress cover and I sent them a photo of mine {a bright clear photo} that showed my very clean mattress. Nectar said they would get back to them and me. Long story short after a couple of weeks and many emails they still said they could not refund my charge or pick up my old mattress, basically calling us liars and they would not send anyone to confirm or claim. Needless to say they will never get any more business from me or anyone we know. Terrible business practice taking advantage of disabled senior citizens just because they can.

Original review: May 18, 2020

For the first 3 years of mattress ownership, we have been relatively pleased. There was minimal smell from the time the mattress was opened, and a very comfortable mattress to sleep on for guests in our house. We then moved our 3 year old son in to the bed after he transitioned from his crib. As part of this process and to our horror, we identified what appears to be mold spores growing in the center of the mattress. After waiting to speak with customer service, I was given instructions to send pictures of the issue, the 4 corners of the mattress, and the production tag (which tells me they know they already have issues in certain production time periods).

After a 5 minute review of these pictures and without any further inquiries as to the storage or usage of this mattress, I was informed that the mold was due to environmental issues within my home, and was not covered by the forever warranty. I honestly have no idea what that even means, other than this is Nectar's way to get out of providing what is promised to you when purchasing the mattress. This mattress has been inside of our home, and had relatively light usage over the course of its time in my house (keep in mind this was used for guests only up until the past month), so environmental issues, is just ludicrous.

As a consolation, I was offered a 'new one time cover' so that I can essentially remove the top layer of the mattress, and replace with a new shiny cover; meanwhile the mold continues to grow in the mattress that my 3 year old sleeps on. No thanks Nectar, and please understand that you have lost a previously very satisfied customer. All Nectar buyers need to be very cautious of this, not only from a product standpoint (and the fact that the warranty is bogus), but very much so from a health standpoint. I firmly believe, they know that they have issues, but are refusing to stand behind their product.

Nectar Sleep Company Information