2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

Nectar sells one medium-firm mattress model that has excellent support, making it a great choice for back sleepers. It is manufactured with a cooling cover, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a base layer. The mattress also comes with a 365-night sleep trial, and shipping and returns are free.

BOTTOM LINE

Nectar’s one memory foam mattress is medium-firm, made of high-quality materials and comes at an affordable price. The mattress’ excellent support makes it especially good for back sleepers.

PROS

• Virtually silent
  • Great value
  • 365-night sleep trial

CONS

• Not ideal for stomach sleepers
Nectar Sleep Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

About Nectar mattresses

The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is classified as Medium Firm and is constructed with several layers of memory foam to help relieve pressure. However, the mattress’ biggest claim to fame is its affordable price paired with high-quality materials. The mattress is excellent for back sleepers and very good for side sleepers as it offers a nice contour but doesn’t sink in quite as much as similar models. Shipping and returns are free, the warranty lasts forever and financing options are available.

365-night trial

Free shipping & returns

Forever warranty

Nectar Sleep mattresses

Nectar mattress construction and materials

Nectar uses better materials than most competitor mattresses in the same price range. The Nectar mattress has five layers of materials: a cooling cover to wick away heat, quilted gel memory foam for comfort, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a dense but breathable base layer. Nectar mattress reviews mention that the mattress is virtually noiseless.

nectar materials

Nectar mattress comfort

Nectar mattresses are highly rated when it comes to comfort, especially when taking price into consideration. Some mattresses with similar levels of comfort cost a few hundred dollars more. Quality foam materials, gel and a breathable cover all help make the Nectar mattress one of the best mattresses around. The support core is made of high-density polyfoam.

• Firmness: Nectar has one mattress firmness level: Medium Firm. This is about a 6.5 on the traditional 1-10 firmness scale.
  • Sleeping position: The Nectar mattress is very good for back sleepers and overall good for side sleepers. However, keep in mind Nectar Sleep mattress reviews do mention that stomach sleeping is difficult for lighter weights.
  • Motion transfer: Thick layers of memory foam absorb almost all movement and result in minimal bounce, making the Nectar mattress an excellent choice for couples.
  • Edge support: Nectar mattresses have good edge support, though some people do report slight sinkage within a year. There is a small amount of compression when lying on the side of the bed, but the results are good overall.
  • Sleeping hot: Gel layers, a breathable cover and a lack of sink-in help users keep cool when sleeping on a Nectar mattress. But some users mention experiences of sleeping hot, so it isn’t perfect.

Nectar mattress cost

Nectar mattress prices are low compared to competitors, without sacrificing comfort or quality. It’s almost impossible to find a cheaper mattress with the same level of quality.

Mattress sizeNectar cost
Twin$399
Twin XL$469
Full$599
Queen$699
King$899
California King$899

Are Nectar mattresses good?

Nectar Sleep mattresses are good. They are made of quality materials and come at an affordable price, making them some of the best mattresses around. It’s an especially good choice for back sleepers because it provides such good support.

Nectar Sleep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I feel very luxurious when I Sleep on my mat. It is a type of comfort zone for me. To get relaxed, there is no better option than this. What matters is the material they are using for the mat. In any season, you will not get a chance to complain about it. It's quality never degrades as time passes away. Due to smooth texture, you can experience the feeling of sleeping on a lawn. This product is very high quality product and I recommend to you.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I was a little skeptical of ordering a mattress rolled up in a box. The reviews, free shipping, extra foam pillows And interest free financing for 6 months was hard to beat. This mattress is wonderful, maybe the best I have ever had! It opened up great. No out gas odor and is heaven to sleep on. Foam mattresses can be hot in summer and cold in winter and in NV, that is a problem. The Nectar is neither of those, it is always the right temperature. It's hard to describe how awesome this mattress is, but if you have any back problems you have got to try it for yourself!! I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

We ordered a Nectar mattress after I sustained a debilitating lower back injury in 2017. I was not able to sleep comfortably (if at all) on regular coil spring mattress/box spring. The Nectar offered memory foam mattress with 1yr full money back guarantee. If you buy a Nectar, the company will refund your total cost for any reason. Nectar will pick up mattress and then donate to local charity. No other bedding company provides this offer. The Nectar is the best sleep I have had since my injury. I sleep comfortably every night. I suffered in pain until I purchased the Nectar. For $700 it is absolutely the best you can buy regardless of price. I tried everything. Nectar is high quality bedding and I have recommended to many people. We now have 2 Nectars.

Original review: May 4, 2020

This is a very stable and comfortable mattress and I would recommend it to all who want a good night's sleep. It only took two days to fully expand and be able to be used. The comfort comes from the many layers of support build into the mattress. The company also sent a package of two pillows, and a mattress cover. The only bad thing is that they promised me a sheet set which has yet to be delivered.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We bought the mattress and base. The base broke shortly after purchase but customer service to get it refunded off the account went above and beyond. I also have chronic back pain and this mattress has actually helped to relieve some of that so I get better sleep.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Nectar is an absolute snake oil company - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. I placed an order on 12/27/2020 and was charged for the entire $800 in completion by 12/28. I have never had an experience where a company charges me first, and then sets a shipping date? I was trying to be gracious and understanding during the time of COVID, but I couldn’t overlook their disrespect and disregard for me as a customer and individual.

I didn’t receive an anticipated ship date for another week and was told it would be 1/6. On 1/8/21 when I still had not received a shipment email, I reached out to their team to ask what was happening only to be told that it was in ‘pre-shipment’ and they didn’t have a date. So they were unable to articulate a date to complete the service for which they had already been paid for two weeks prior, and then when I asked to cancel the entire order at that point and simply refund my money they said they were unable to do so.

I asked to have the shipment be returned to sender and they said they could not do that, I would have to wait for it to arrive and then somehow figure out how to ship it back myself- again the burden of their error and disengagement now on me the customer who has already taken on all of the risk and pain. I am now $800 dollars poorer, uncounted amounts of time and stress taken from me and my peace of mind and STILL WITHOUT WHAT I PURCHASED ALMOST A MONTH POST FACT. HEED MY WARNING AND NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE FRAUDULENT PEOPLE. I have cancelled the charge with my bank, filed a dispute with the BBB and a police report for fraud.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Ordered a dual-king mattress (i.e. two full XL) nearly a month before Christmas, as a Christmas present for my wife. The first mattress arrived within a week, and all was well. But oddly, they didn't send the second mattress. Order details said it would arrive by the 15th though, so I didn't sweat it. It's now the 16th, the mattress hasn't arrived, and order details now don't give a date. I just had a chat with customer support and was told "we don't know when the mattress will arrive" and they can no longer guarantee that it will arrive before Christmas. When I asked for a refund, they said I had to have the mattress for 30 days before I could return it!! And that there's nothing they can (or will) do about it.

So now I'm stuck with 1/2 of a present for my wife, no idea when the other half will come, and a company that doesn't care. What a joke of a company. Don't make promises you can't keep. And in the case when you can't come through, at least TRY to make it right. I will be a lifelong advocate for people to NOT purchase anything from Nectar.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

We did a lot of research and decided on Nectar ultimately due to their 365 day try it out policy. It assured us that even if we didn't get to go try it in a store first we could return for a full refund and try another mattress. Unfortunately it was all a lie! We tried this mattress for 5 months. In that time, my hips hurt constantly and we tried to put a mattress topper on to see if that was the issue. It helped my hips, but then it was extreme effort to try to get out of bed. Ultimately we decided, it wasn't worth keeping a mattress we had to purchase a topper for and it wasn't worth the money we spent on the mattress when it hurt to sleep on it. We started the return process on their website.

They took a week to respond and spent several emails trying to talk us out of our decision and then trying to sell us on a sister mattress they had. I've repeatedly asked for a call back to speak with a live person and repeatedly asked for a refund. I continue to get the run around and now months into this return process they are now telling me I have to wait until January to get the mattress picked up and then they will see about my refund. It's ridiculous I've never received a call, it's ridiculous that I've had to take photos and spend my time fielding emails requesting a refund for them to repeatedly not provide the refund or even so much as an explanation of why they are taking their sweet time. The trial period and easy return process advertised has been a completely fraudulent advertising.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Very bad product and worst company service to deal with. I purchased a King size mattress that came defective, half of it didn't have foam inside, contacted them and had to submit pictures. Every time a new person was responding to my emails, absolutely ridiculous, after all been said according to their policy I have to keep it for 30 days, what a joke, don't make a mistake I made. Don't buy from them, China business.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

After the fitted sheet ripped within a month and the pillowcase openings bunched badly enough to be unusable, I posted a negative review on the Nectar website. I received an automated receipt message (followed by a customer service email that clearly did not come from someone who had read the review). The following day, 6 more 5-star reviews were posted on the website... No sight of my negative review. Customers are being misled.

Nectar Sleep Company Information