3.56/5

Need a good mattress?

Nectar Sleep

BOTTOM LINE

Nectar’s one memory foam mattress is medium-firm, made of high-quality materials and comes at an affordable price. The mattress’ excellent support makes it especially good for back sleepers.

PROS

• Virtually silent
    • Great value
    • 365-night sleep trial

CONS

• Not ideal for stomach sleepers

Need a good mattress?

About Nectar mattresses

The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is classified as Medium Firm and is constructed with several layers of memory foam to help relieve pressure. However, the mattress’ biggest claim to fame is its affordable price paired with high-quality materials. The mattress is excellent for back sleepers and very good for side sleepers as it offers a nice contour but doesn’t sink in quite as much as similar models. Shipping and returns are free, the warranty lasts forever and financing options are available.

365-night trial

Free shipping & returns

Forever warranty

Nectar mattress construction and materials

Nectar uses better materials than most competitor mattresses in the same price range. The Nectar mattress has five layers of materials: a cooling cover to wick away heat, quilted gel memory foam for comfort, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a dense but breathable base layer. Nectar mattress reviews mention that the mattress is virtually noiseless.

nectar materials

Nectar mattress comfort

Nectar mattresses are highly rated when it comes to comfort, especially when taking price into consideration. Some mattresses with similar levels of comfort cost a few hundred dollars more. Quality foam materials, gel and a breathable cover all help make the Nectar mattress one of the best mattresses around. The support core is made of high-density polyfoam.

• Firmness: Nectar has one mattress firmness level: Medium Firm. This is about a 6.5 on the traditional 1-10 firmness scale.
      • Sleeping position: The Nectar mattress is very good for back sleepers and overall good for side sleepers. However, keep in mind Nectar Sleep mattress reviews do mention that stomach sleeping is difficult for lighter weights.
      • Motion transfer: Thick layers of memory foam absorb almost all movement and result in minimal bounce, making the Nectar mattress an excellent choice for couples.
      • Edge support: Nectar mattresses have good edge support, though some people do report slight sinkage within a year. There is a small amount of compression when lying on the side of the bed, but the results are good overall.
      • Sleeping hot: Gel layers, a breathable cover and a lack of sink-in help users keep cool when sleeping on a Nectar mattress. But some users mention experiences of sleeping hot, so it isn’t perfect.

Nectar mattress cost

Nectar mattress prices are low compared to competitors, without sacrificing comfort or quality. It’s almost impossible to find a cheaper mattress with the same level of quality.

Mattress sizeNectar cost
      Twin$399
      Twin XL$469
      Full$599
      Queen$699
      King$899
      California King$899

Are Nectar mattresses good?

Nectar Sleep mattresses are good. They are made of quality materials and come at an affordable price, making them some of the best mattresses around. It’s an especially good choice for back sleepers because it provides such good support.

Nectar Sleep Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a Nectar mattress because it came with a trial period of 365 nights and a forever warranty. I purchased the king mattress probably about 1 year and my wife nor I have had one complaint or problem with it. I figured if they gave me 365 nights to try it out, that it must be pretty good. We love the mattress and it is just the same as the first night we slept in it. It took my wife a couple nights to get used to it, but our old mattress was shot and the Nectar is a firmer mattress. I got used to it right away. Would recommend to anyone.

Original review: March 2, 2019

It is a very soft mattress with no springs in the mattress. No springs makes the bed more comfortable and more durable as well. It is easy to cover the mattress with a sheet and to fall asleep on the bed as well. The price of the mattress was the best for the quality of the mattress and the mattress had certain features that other mattresses in the store at the time did not have. But sometimes the mattress I have makes noises when I move in it even though it is not that old of a mattress. I am a big guy so a squeaky mattress is nothing new but for it to happen so quickly is utterly disappointing.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Nectar Sleep has a lengthy trial period -- which is great, because my significant other and I are both picky! -- and it has a forever warranty. Who wouldn't take advantage of that? I was able to order it online with ease, as I think a lot of us get nervous that the product won't be the same in person. I just wish the mattress was a little softer. While I do appreciate the firmness and I know it helps my significant other to sleep like a baby, it sometimes feels as though I am confined and if I'm not careful, I can strain my back.

But I like the way the mattress feels. It is cool to sleep on, which is great for my significant other and I, as we tend to get hot throughout the night. I also love how sturdy it is. My significant other is a very light sleeper, so it's helpful for when one of us has to get out of bed, or when one of us (me, in particular) moves around a lot in their sleep. Overall, it is of great quality and texture, which is important as we tend to be very sensitive.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I saw Nectar Sleep a lot online. As well, I saw many reviews and decided to give it a try and to test it out for myself to see if I really liked it and I did. I like the firm yet softness of the mattress and how easy it is on my back and how it allows me to have a good nights rest without having to toss and turn just to get into the right position. The only thing that I can say is I wish it could retain moisture a bit better. I sweat a bit in the hotter months and sometimes wake up still feeling a bit damp and I rather be dry than wet when I wake up in the morning.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The multiple layers of foam and gel make this mattress the best ever. There is even a layer that keeps you cool. That is very important for me because I sweat a lot during the night. I like that it does not have springs and I feel springs are the old way to make a mattress. I love the different layers they cradle my body. I had looked all over and compared so many mattresses. I liked that this one gave you a chance to try it for 90 days and if you don't like it they will take it back and refund your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

We liked this mattress at first, but within a few months found it unbearable. I bought a pillow topper to try to break the hardness of the mattress, with only a little success. Memory foam is much too firm for us and we never sleep through the night anymore. Constantly tossing, waking up 4 times every night, always tired. Never feel rested...

The frame is also very cheap. Looks alright but is supported underneath by two small, hollow metal rods that don't actually connect to the bed frame in any way?? You sort of just have to lift up the bed and shove them up vertically onto some wing nuts. Awful. Constantly shifting around, and if you take them out (or WHEN they fall off on their own from any movement on the bed), the mattress sinks down towards the floor. DO NOT BUY. Unless you like hard beds that give you sleep apnea. Also expect runaround emails on returns, and to wait an hour on hold.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Did lots of research before buying. Mattress started to dip in middle after a few weeks. Back started to hurt, decided to return. Not responsive, and so far have not received a good answer to our issue.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My fiance is 5'6" 95lbs. We didn't know that this would be a problem. As it turns out the bed feels super firm for her. Within one week, we contacted their customer service about how firm the bed felt for my fiance. Initially, they offered something to cover over it, but they retracted their offering because it's not over 30 days. I am writing this post 3 weeks into taking in the mattress and they refuse to take the mattress back till AFTER 30 days. Customer service insists that after 30 days the bed will be softer. However, my fiance is already having hip and lower back pain from this mattress. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: July 9, 2019

They charged our credit card almost 2 weeks prior to shipment. Frame was damaged by FedEx during shipment. Foot motor had a connector attached to it that appear to be smashed (possibly used/defective) when used to build the bed. Multiple emails with no suggestion of how they were going to resolve. I would not buy any bed online going forward. Go to the store where you can do a face-to-face. I will issue a return on the bed.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Wonderful feeling of comfort and support. Every stretch while resting is a joy. No aches and pains in the morning like with my old innerspring mattress. I am pretty old so I don't spring out of bed in the morning, but that is not a fault of the mattress. I wish I had had this mattress when I was younger. I would most likely be in better shape now lol.

Nectar Sleep Company Information