3.9/5 (133 ratings)

About Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I received the Split King Ergo Smart Twin XL bases and set them up based on the Split Base installation on a Friday evening. Connecting the bases together, as required to allow the Sleeptracker-AI processor to work, fails with the message "MISSING CONTROL BOX". After calling Tempur-Pedic and being put on hold for over an hour; I was transferred to the company that makes the controllers for their beds vs. them helping me. I ended up having to call back the following day since they closed and wait again for a service tech to answer.

Once I finally connected to a Sleeptracker tech I was told to connect the bases up differently from the instructions by bypassing one of their "SMART CABLES", basically a router in all other technical applications. Neither way worked so I was deferred to the Sleeptracker second tier support Matthew, that appears to be the only second tier support person since there's no one else to respond while he's out. He sent me an email with instructions and images explaining how to connect the bases that was identical to the instructions the previous tech told me.

I also tried looking online for anyone that had the same experience with split bases but couldn't find many post for the split base configuration. I did find a few YouTube posts that explained connecting the bases together but none that attempted to setup the bases in the Sleeptracker-AI application that completes the setup to allow the bases to move independently.

There were emails back and forth with Matthew explaining and illustrating the setup and connections before he finally agreed that it doesn't work but blamed it on a bad "SMART CABLE". Fortunately; each base has a duplicate Smart Cables so I was able to take the one from the second base and connect the bases up; however, that one didn't work as well and he also blamed it on another bad Smart Cable. He was going to send out a Smart Cable that he had in his office but was going to take time to get it and I had already reported the issue to the company that sold the bases to me and they were already sending out two brand new bases.

I received the two NEW bases the following Tuesday and had the installers try to connect and setup the bases but it failed with the same EXACT issue as the other two bases. We ended up calling the installation tech support that could only defer the issue back to Tempur-Pedic that in-turn defers it back to Sleeptracker. I once again contacted the Sleeptracker technician Matthew that AGAIN told me it was a hardware issue with the Smart Cable. At this point I have tried FOUR Smart Cables and NONE of them worked. There are only one of two scenarios for the issue; #1 - The Smart Cables have drastic design issues and are prone to failure or don't work with split bases at all or #2 - I'm the unluckiest customer to receive not one, two, or even three bad Smart Cables but all four of the ones I received, BRAND NEW, were defective.

Matthew from Sleeptracker and one of their sales reps tried contacting me to send a new Smart Cable and also have a technician, a TV repair man that doesn't even sell beds or ANY furniture, to come out and install the new Smart Cable. My issue with them telling me they had a new Smart Cable was in the body of the initial email indicating that the new Smart Cable was one that Matthew had tested and "UPDATED" to ensure it worked. At NO point did they ever acknowledge they had issues with their Smart Cables or accept that they don't work in the current configuration. I had to go through multiple calls and emails just for them to offer to send a Smart Cable that they know doesn't work in the split base configuration and not notify the suppliers...

All I asked was for them to be upfront and honest about their product and admit that it doesn't work with the split base configuration but they insist that I just received defective parts. Keep in mind that these bases cost in excess of $3,500 dollars without the mattress while the competitor, Sleep Number, is selling their comparable i8 smart bed and base that actually has more functionality than Tempur-Pedic at a lower price. Unfortunately; I had already received the mattress and it's not returnable so I'm stuck with finding bases that will work with their mattress. The only reason I was able to return and swap out the bases was because NO ONE from the supplier or their service technician could fix the issue since they already tried FOUR brand new bases.

I did a number of different scenarios on their setup configurations and found that the PRIMARY port on ALL of the Smart Cables don't work so the Twin XL bases aren't able to be setup in a single base configuration let alone a split king configuration. I was able to fool the base by connecting the command box to the secondary port on the Smart Cable that allows it to work independently; however, this will not work in a split base configuration since the sensors for each base will pick up sound from the other base and cause it to move as well.

Anyone attempting to sell you one in the stores will show you the bases working independently with the wireless remote but they will NOT show you with them working in the Sleeptracker application because they don't have them setup in the app. The whole purpose of the SMART base is to automatically adjust the bed when it detects snoring or comfort when using the "Extend" model that cost over $4,600 just for the twin bases.

Since NONE of their products are returnable I would HIGHLY recommend a FULL demonstration of them setting up the bases working with the Sleeptracker APP and make sure they are fully installed and FULLY functional with the app when you receive them! If at any time anyone needs to verify any of the information I've provided I can be contacted at **.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

WE bought a Tempur-Pedic Split King bed (2) mattresses (pro adapt) that cost almost $ 9,500 yes. THEY PROMISED US REPLACEMENT REMOTE WHICH STOPPED WORKING last November but never came. After several phone calls they said is on back order and will be shipped in December 20th. That too never happened, finally when I called last week the the Customer Service representative was so rude and said they no longer have this. She say go and order from Amazon or Ebay, I said this was under warranty why would you not buy and from them and send to us. She rudely hanged up on me. The worst Customer service. I advise all prospective Customer. NEVER BUY TEMPUR-PEDIC AS THEY ARE NO A RELIABLE NOR REPUTABLE COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Adjustable Beds delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

A subcontractor repaired the vibrating but not the lifting feature of my mattress. I asked him he didn’t install the new control box. He said I didn’t need it. The lifting stopped working a couple minutes after he left. I called the subcontractor and TempurSealy. He wouldn’t return my call. I set up another appointment. He didn’t show. TempurSealy said I would need to call him again before they’d reschedule a missed appointment. I set up a third appointment and he cancelled through Tempurpedic with the demand I get the device professionally cleaned before he would return. Essentially, he pocketed the device in hopes he could resell it without my complaining.

A very insulting and unnecessary email on August 9, 2021, informing me I would need to professionally clean the control box was totally unnecessary and very unprofessional. TempurSealy should find a new repair service so it is not complicit in future theft. They can mail a new control box rather than entirely neglect their duty.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Their top of the line king bed, we sleep in fine, and like it. However, if either of us moves the adjustable bed frame squeaks all over. Would avoid buying this, as I’ve tried everything to try and correct it.

Original review: July 20, 2020

My husband and I bought a Tempur-Pedic Split King bed (2) mattresses (pro adapt) that cost almost $ 10,000.00 yes TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.. AND THEY PROMISED US A 30 NIGHT SLEEP GUARANTEE.... Well I hate my mattress. It's wayyy too hard and I've called repeatedly for a replacement but NOTHING!!! NO CALL BACKS. NOTHING.... Will never EVER buy from this company again.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Couple of years ago, in 2017, I purchased two of these mattresses from Ashley Home Furniture store in Louisville KY. Although the mattresses have both held up, the pain it has caused myself, my mother, and my husband has been horrible. We all have back pain, along with hip joint pain. I personally never had that before sleeping on this mattress beforehand. My husband and mother only got worse. I spent well over 11,000 on both mattresses. Very Very disappointed!! I opted to buy Tempur-Pedic because I wanted to help my mother and husband with their joint pain. NOW I AM SUFFERING from it. I never write negative reviews, but if I could help someone else from spending this kind of money, and preventing them from having joint pain, I am willing to do so.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Base is non refundable and bed does not conform to it. Because I received the bed on a warranty claim the bed is final also. If I may attach a photo it’s self explanatory. Basically the bed lays on the base flat when the base headboard and footboard is lifted.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We bought a king split adjustable bed and base to try because I have multiple sclerosis and we thought it would be a wise investment for years to come. After sleeping on this mattress and base for 2 weeks we are very uncomfortable and they are telling us we cannot exchange or return the base AT ALL!! The bed separates during the night, sheet slip offs, you can feel every move your partner makes, the bed is hot and causes you to sweat! MS and heat sensitivity are a problem, continuously wake trying to adjust to a comfortable level, I even fell off the bed in the night. Now that I want to exchange the mattress and base for a regular they are telling me I have to keep the base. There is no return! How are you suppose to try a split king adjustable bed without a base? RIP OFFS!! Save yourself the trouble and high expense. I will never buy Tempur Pedic in my life ever again!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Went to the TempurPedic store and looked at the ease adjustable base. Representative told us we had 90 days to trial all products. We have had the base for close to 3 months and strongly dislike it. It is low quality and shakes a ton when there is any shifting in the bed- keeping both me and my husband up at night. When we called to return the base customer service said no returns. We explained how we were misinformed in the store and we were told not their problem. No return policy stands. I would never purchase or recommend another TempurPedic product in my life based on this experience alone.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We recently purchased a split king Tempur-Pedic ProBreeze Medium Hybrid mattresses with adjustable foundation (also split) $8,900 from Ashley Homestore. Salesman led us to believe that we had to try it for 30 days minimum with up to 90 days to return it. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. First the foundation is non returnable under any circumstances - you own it. The mattresses (twins to make the split king) can ONLY BE EXCHANGED one time within the 90 day period. They accept no returns under any circumstances.

We are very uncomfortable on the mattresses, don't use the foundation controls or adjustments, don't need or use the massage function of the foundation. It's all a waste. My wife and I are retired and on fixed income. However, we now own the mattresses and foundations and must make payments on the Ashley Synchrony Bank credit card to the tune of $8,900. A reputable company would take returns within a reasonable time frame and make it right. My feeling is that Tempur-Pedic and Ashley Homestore's are both out to scam the customer. Watch out and BUYER BEWARE.

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds author review by Whitney Roban, Ph.D.

Tempur-Pedic has been innovating the science of sleep for years. The company developed its signature TEMPUR memory foam using NASA designs, and currently manufactures mattresses, bed bases and bedding accessories. Tempur-Pedic products are ergonomic and adapt to an individual's body and sleeping posture, delivering a comfortable sleep.

• Comfort: Tempur-Pedic mattresses come in a range of firmness settings and conform to the body, while remaining plush and preventing mattress sagging. Their adaptive material cradles joints like the shoulder and elbow, ensuring a comfortable slumber regardless of sleeping position.

• Variety: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are available in every size and for every budget. From the TEMPUR-Contour to the TEMPUR-Cloud and TEMPUR-Flex mattresses, Tempur-Pedic has a sleeping solution for every body type and personal preference.

• Massage: For those who go to bed with a little muscle ache, Tempur-Pedic manufactures bed frames that include a massage feature. The massage feature is available with four settings such as wave and pulse, and can be controlled using a mobile device.

• Adjustable Frame: Tempur-Pedic bed bases can be quickly and easily adjusted for an almost unlimited number of sleeping and seating positions.

• Warranty: Every Tempur-Pedic product, from the mattresses to the linens, comes with a comprehensive warranty. Mattresses are usually under warranty for 10 years.

Dr. Whitney Roban is the author of the Devin & Evan Book Series and the founder of SLEEP-EEZ KIDZ, SLEEP WELL/LEARN WELL and SLEEP WELL/WORK WELL. She sits on the advisory board panel of the American Sleep Association and has written for and worked with national publications and organizations such as Working Mother Magazine, MSN, Business Insider, NBC News, LinkedIn, The Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT and others.

Tempur-Pedic Adjustable Beds Company Information