2. Mortgages

4.2/5 (873 ratings)

About Homebridge Financial Services

Homebridge Financial Services is a private mortgage lending company that offers wholesale and retail loans. Homebridge gives homebuyers access to a variety of lending options, both online and in person, in 49 states.

Pros

• Variety of options
  • Hands-on support
  • Online and in-person options

Cons

• No rates online
  • Not available in Utah

Bottom Line

With a variety of products, Homebridge is an ideal mortgage solution for many home buyers. Although rates aren’t available online, terms can be customized to your situation for affordability and accessibility.

Homebridge Financial Services Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.?

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have been trying to get a loan through Homebridge Financial Services and it was approved, but they keep stretching it again and again and again! I am so aggravated and disgusted with them that I am about to give up. We have been under contract for almost 40 days and it is close to expiring. We have spent too much time and money on this and I am exhausted!

Do not use this lender unless you want any extra stress and heart attack daily as they keep asking for more, more and more papers. It seems as there is no end to their monotony. I gave them everything and now they keep stretching the closing date. They have changed it 4 times now! Look for a different company. DO NOT USE THIS LENDER!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Updated on 02/29/2020: Posted on ConsumerAffairs on Feb 22. Received one email from the next Homebridge Mortgage. No one has called since, none of my complaints have been addressed, Yet on this "Consumer Affairs" site, it says resolution in progress. This is a LIE. No one has followed up with me. In fact, I may be a victim of retaliation. Yesterday Feb 27, Homebridge removed my ability to pay online. Was this Retribution? Or just more competence? The result is the same. HFS is not allowing me to pay my loan suspiciously after I made a complaint on a 3rd party website. They will make me late on payments, mess up my credit and charge me additional late fees.

Original review:
1. Homebridge took over 3 month to get my online account. This only was only fixed by me calling every day for months logging in over 60 hours of my time.
2. I applied for a one month FEMA natural disaster (all other creditors granted 1 -3 months) I called numerous times & emails. To date unresolved.
3. Illegally send my mortgage addressed to a relative, not on mortgage, title, or loan. They did this 8 times and I am filing charges in district court.

4. They are trying to increase my escrow by $200 per month. When my insurance only increased by $400 per year. 12 x 200 = 2400 vs 400 does not add up.

In general the customer service people are rude & callous. Many seem very young, immature with have no common sense or respect.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Homebridge Financial Services did not pay my home insurance payments, even though they are legally required by FHA regulations. I first called them and asked why my homeowners insurance had not been paid, they told me that I didn't have an escrow account to insurance. Even though it's a legal requirement of a FHA loan they even told my insurance company that the payment was not escrowed as well. After Homebridge corrected the original issue of not paying insurance, they got a hold of my provider, and mailed a check, supposedly the check was not received or refused. Instead of notify me, they did nothing, allowing my insurance to lapse. Homebridge then sent me a fine for the lapse of coverage, which they are the cause of.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Jonathan, I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Ironically I chose Homebridge/Jonathan ** because reviews were good and stressed that he was a good communicator. He seemed to be initially, but when we got too far into the process to back out he went silent. This became a huge issue because the Escrow company he chose was abysmal. They also refused to communicate and made a $3000 error. Apparently no one double checks their math...in an escrow company. The lady could never get my name right either. Attention to detail completely absent. Get a recommendation from someone you know. These people get your money and then the customer service stops.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Linda, I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

On 10/03/2019 I began the process of a mortgage loan refinance with Homebridge Financial Services Inc License #6521 located at 8203 W Quinault Ave ste 700 Kennewick Wa 99336. My loan officer was ** NMLS #**. The loan was scheduled to close on 12/05/2019. The focus of the loan was to lower the interest rate on my current mortgage from 4.375% down to 3.5% while paying off a few debts.

Unfortunately, the loan did not close. Homebridge Financial and ** vanished on 12/06/2019 with no explanation, leaving me wondering the status of my loan. I reached out to Mr. ** on 12/20/2019 to request a explanation. Surprisingly, I received a statement of credit denial stating my "application was denied" on 10/03/2019. This statement is false. To put this in perspective I have spent 65 days providing documents, answering questions (via phone, email and text (,meeting with a home appraiser to whom I paid $875.00 and retrieving professional estimates for repair work.... all for a mortgage loan Homebridge Financial is now claiming never existed...?

I have in my possession the following documents to prove the validity of this loan:

1. Uniform Residential Loan Application with a "Welcome to Homebridge" letter dated 10/09/2019.

2. Preliminary Commitment for Title Insurance requested by Homebridge Financial to Columbia Title on 10/01/2019.

3. Mortgage loan commitment for title insurance requested by Homebridge Financial 10/22/2019.

4. Receipt for appraisal services $875.00 dated 10/31/2019.

5. 2 professional estimates for repair work requested by Homebridge dated 12/04/2019.

6. Pre-closing disclosure documents signed and dated by both parties 12/02/2019.

7. 60 emails and 200 text messages regarding this loan.

8. Request to open title and escrow refinance transaction from Homebridge Financial to 2 mortgage companies dated 11/22/2019.

9. Request for evidence of hazard insurance from Homebridge Financial to my homeowners insurance company dated 11/08/2019.

10. Evidence of property insurance requested by Homebridge Financial and completed by my insurance company 12/02/2019.

11. Email from Homebridge Financial to my insurance company stating "we have cancelled our transaction" dated 12/17/2019.

12. Email from Homebridge Financial to Columbia Title stating "we will not be moving forward with this file" dated 12/10/201.

Throughout the refinance process with Homebridge I became very suspicious that Homebridge and their chosen appraiser were committing mortgage/appraiser fraud. Homebridge has a long history of mortgage fraud dating back to 2014. Google Homebridge Financial fraud. When I alerted Homebridge to my suspicions they have tried to cover up this loan.

Hi Christine,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and I apologize for the late response. I have reached out to our leadership team and will respond as soon as I hear back. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address the issue.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Homebridge Financial Services was recommended by our Realtor. Homebridge can do better. The application was a lot of process if I have to compare it to a VA loan. This is our first experience with the regular loan compared to VA loan. With Homebridge, there was so much paperwork that I had to sign up, and it's very inconvenient for me. The application and underwriting process took about two months. It’s longer than I expected and wanted.

Homebridge could improve on their customer service and educating their clients because I always have the same questions to them and I never understand their questions. It's like they’re just giving me the runaround. It makes me frustrated. I know that there are some things that sometimes they may not know, but I would appreciate it if they will just tell me that they don’t know just so it will not add up into my stress and then I know what to expect.

It was kinda very unprofessional also because we were signing a paper to the office and Linda, therir rep, gets frustrated just because she was running out of time to do the paperwork. And my mom printed her name instead of a signature because that was what she has been asked to do, and then later on when Linda comes over, she said, “Oh, no. This has to be signature.” We run out of time and then everything got stressed out and I was not able to answer some questions that I needed to answer.

Hi Anita,

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I paid off my loan October 10, 2019 when I re-financed my loan. Homebridge was supposed to reimburse my escrow fees of 3,400. By law, they're supposed to issue within 30 days. It is now December 17, and I can't even reach a customer service. They claimed they issued it. October 25. Then they stopped payment on it. They re-issued it again. and Still I have not received my check. This is by far the worst service ever. Would not recommend it to NOBODY.

Claudia,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm happy to hear that you have received your reimbursement. As discussed during our conversation, I will be reaching out to our Servicing Team to determine what caused the issue and make sure we put steps in place to prevent it from happening in the future.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Homebridge is good. I didn’t have to pay for two months, so that was good. I haven’t had to make my first payment, but if everything went through what was on the paper, I’m happy. I went through the closing and I signed everything there. They had to come out and redo the closing for me because a couple of pages that were signed when the lady they sent for the closing made the copies of it had a line in it. So, she had to come back to my house. But when she did come to my house the first time, she was supposed to be here about 6:00 to 7:00 and she ended up showing up about 9:00. So, she was very late. And then her son was in the car outside, not that I could hear him at the time, but he had the music blaring very loud. When I went outside, I noticed the music was loud. I didn’t even know she brought her son, and I was like, “Hey, man, please turn that down. My neighborhood’s a gated community.”

The next day, I got a letter from the community saying that there were kids in my front yard and I have two children. So, I got blamed. They had to come back to do the resigning because of the paper mistake, and what I didn’t like was when she showed up, she said, “I’m sorry about my kid playing the music loud.” Why would anybody send the same person out that I’m really complaining about? So, that was kind of bad. She called me out once she finished everything and said, “Hey, listen. I heard the complaint about my son, and I’m apologizing for it.” I told her I didn’t complain about her son, but the community did, and I showed her the letter. I said, “That wasn’t for my children, but my children got blamed.” And then she apologized again. The company was great, but I would never send that lady out. The company did what they said, and they did it in a timely fashion. And they were very reputable.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you had with the notary and will make sure to follow up on the information you provided.

Happy New Year.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We had been renting for six years and we decided it was time to buy a house. the opportunity came up suddenly and literally was a perfect deal. Our real estate agent worked with Homebridge, had a relationship with them and recommended them. My credit was not ideal and that was why I was very skeptical about the whole process but my wife and I were shocked in how smoothly everything went. The very first time we met with Shannon she said, “Okay. Here’s your credit. Here's what's causing your credit to be what it is. These are the things I want you to work on." She laid out a very detailed plan of what we needed to do and we followed it. Sure enough it worked. We knew we were gonna get a better rate than what we thought. When she came back with the final rate, we were shocked. She was also always communicating with us and keeping us informed on what was going on.

Hi Michael,

Congratulations on the new home! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I found the Homebridge staff very professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. Mike ** was really great to work with and made the whole process go smoothly and on time. Mike and his staff kept us informed every step of the way.

Hi Arthur,

It has been our pleasure to help you during your home loan process. We are glad to hear it went so well!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The assistance of Gregory ** and the collaboration of his team made the experience of financing a home an easy and stress free one. The overall management of the process was well handled by Greg and his willingness to work on our file almost 24/7 helped us relax during the waiting. Thank you Homebridge for all the attention to our application.

Hi Victor,

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service. Thank you so much for sharing your appreciation!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Brian ** and Candice from the Valencia branch made the whole loan process stress free and kept us informed every step of the way. We would recommend them to all our family and friends. This is our fourth home that HomeBridge has financed our home loans.

Hi Joe,

It was so nice of you to leave your review. Thank you! We are happy to hear the Homebridge team exceeded your expectations!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

It was a great experience refinancing with Homebridge. It was fast, easy and honest from the start. What was estimated in the beginning was what we closed. We got a great rate. We would definitely recommend Homebridge. Thanks Homebridge. Thank You James.

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your business and for leaving a review for James! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Homebridge Financial Services was the best that I could get in town. The guy who helped me the first time was nice and helpful with anything I'd need, that was why I preferred to continue with them. The application process was easy because I have everything they needed on their application. I got the first-time home buyers loan and their process was good and easy. I'm a contractor working on the construction, which is sometimes far away from my house or from the Homebridge office, so I couldn’t answer or go to the appointment sometimes. But they gave me chance. I was very busy that was why the process took a bit longer. My English is not very well, but the rep took time to explain things to me very well. I am now trying to buy another house and I'd like to get another mortgage.

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your business and for leaving a review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Homebridge helped me to get my house. Getting the mortgage with them was very easy. They helped me with the application process, and it was perfect. The rep I dealt with was very nice and he helped me. I was very comfortable working with him. The rates and the terms were good. I'm pretty satisfied. It was a great experience, I had no problems at all, and they’ll do what they can. I'd tell my friends to use Homebridge. Everything was easy through the website. You don’t have to go anywhere. If you miss something, they’ll get back to you and tell you to do it.

Hi Jackeline,

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

A family friend works at Homebridge Financial and I got a VA loan from them. I just paid it on the phone and went with the flow. The loan originator always kept me up-to-date on everything throughout the whole process so it was pretty good. I was very comfortable working with her.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your business and we’re happy to know the process was a positive one! Thank you for the review.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I wanted a home that I can work on, like a fixer-upper. Homebridge offered a 203K home loan, and they were one of the places that I found that were doing those kinda loans. Their website was easily navigatable and the application went pretty smooth. I went in there and talked to them, and the guy gave me my pre-qualification. It was pretty fast. Everybody that worked there was pretty much professional and helped out a lot.

The guy that I worked with was really helpful and he knew what he was doing. He made himself completely available. He gave me his personal cellphone number, so if I ever had any questions, I would be able to contact him. And I wasn’t left with questions. He pretty much helped me out as much as he could. I was impressed with how professional he was and how knowledgeable he was in 203k home loan. Their rates and terms were fair for the time being. I just wanted to get into the home, and then refinance down the line, which I actually refinanced through Homebridge too. So, it worked out pretty good.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for working with Homebridge and thanks for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

We went through our application through the mortgage banker and Homebridge bought it from them. The application process was straightforward and the application and underwriting took 45 days to two months. Everything was okay. I would recommend Homebridge.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Thank you Hugo, we’re glad we could assist you and we appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I've always been with Suntrust and then I wanted to try something a little bit different, and Homebridge was kinda what I was looking for. It was through a program that my builder was participating in that made me go with them. Homebridge's application process was the best that I ever experienced. I did it online and there was some follow-up after that, but overall, the process was pretty smooth. The builder ran behind, but pretty much, the mortgage rep, Matt, was ready to go within a couple of weeks. He followed up throughout the entire process. And the day of closing, he gave me a call the morning and made sure everything was okay. I actually sent somebody over to him.

Hi Javier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! The Homebridge team loves helping people find the best loan tailored to their specific needs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

The rates were right where they should be and we ended up going with a cash-out refinance with Homebridge. We talked to Michael and he was great. He returned calls and texts. He asked us all the documentary, we sent it to him via their secured link, and they processed everything. It went smoothly. We did everything over the phone and electronically except for the final signature where they had to have a notary. The whole process took 45 days, which was a week shorter than normal. We have been previously looking at possibly buying a home and they had a lot of our info, so that helped. Overall, we were satisfied with everything and people should do it.

Hi Thomas,

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

What a great experience! I was referred to HomeBridge after having 2 finance deals fall apart. The immediately came to my rescue! They took all my info over the phone and locked in my low rate right away! They were quick, efficient and so pleasant to deal with! I can't recommend them enough! Thank you!!

Hi Lou,

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

It was outstanding to work with Chris ** on these loans. Really brought it home for me on two simultaneous investment properties. Was really there for me at closing. Thanks Chris! Great team to work with as well. Can’t say enough good things about working with Homebridge. I’ll give you a shout on BiggerPockets. Thanks again. Pros - Chris and everyone I spoke directly with. Cons - Upgrade your client document portal to review by description what’s been uploaded so far. Thanks for a great experience and helping me secure some great rates.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad that Chris made everything go so smoothly.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

My broker was the best! Michelle addressed all our issues, the price was right. She went above and beyond to dial in our product and work with my bookkeeper. I would recommend your firm to my family or friends.

Hi Todd,

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

When we started the refinance process in March? May? It was a while ago, we never dreamed it would take 8 months, Alex and Shannon were stellar getting the thing done. In fact, I will go a step further and say if it hadn’t been for Alex and Shannon, we would be in the middle of a short sale right now. Alex was awesome helping us to understand the issues we were facing and the problems with getting a condo complex FHA certfiedl I am so thankful for Alex and Shannon's perseverance getting this done. Thank you so much Homebridge!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your business and for leaving a review for Alex and Shannon! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

HomeBridge, in particular Sandy **, were knowledgeable, honest, and gave me all the information I needed to make the right decision when applying and obtaining a mortgage for my first home purchase. I would highly recommend them to anyone I come across looking to buy a home.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review for Sandy! We’re happy we could assist you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

There was a lien put on our home for back child support, however two payments to child support were made rather than just the 1 and now we are fighting to get the second payment back. Very frustrated and we asked and inquired many times about the lien and the payment and was always told, "It's ok. We will take care of it, it's ok to sign the documents even with the wrong lien information on it." VERY UNHAPPY.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hello Alesia, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’d like to apologize for your less than pleasant experience. Please allow us the opportunity to discuss your situation further with a private message from our team.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We refinanced a few months ago and Homebridge offered a low interest rate. However after the Government shut down, we wanted to see what options were available for us so we wouldn’t fall behind and guess what Homebridge said... “we can only help you after you default” REALLY!!? So they want your credit to get negatively reported. They offer options only after you’re late! Some mortgage lenders offer services to help before you get behind, not Homebridge! Also, good luck getting through to someone besides recordings. I always seem to get someone who directs me to another number or department. There’s so much more to say but I’m exhausted with them so I’ll finish by saying, “try this company at your own risk”... They are more about money than customer service and could care less about you as a person.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Devon, I’m very sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with us! I sent you a direct message to get more information about the situation.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was approved for a 203K loan with Homebridge. I was allowed to us my contractor so a contractor was referred to me by Homebridge. Apparently this was a contractor that they knew very well. The Loan Officer, Renovation Specialist, HUD Consultant, etc. they all were familiar with him & his work. Well, I closed on my loan & he told me it would take 8 weeks to complete my project. It took him 8 months!!!

The problems started 2 weeks after I moved in 1. I had to replace my garbage disposal because the "new" one that was installed by the contractor had a dead motor. 2. My pipes to my boiler were cut & I was without heat during the winter because it cost over$10K to repair, in the meantime my pipes burst. I used electric heaters to keep my house somewhat warm causing my electric bill to skyrocket to over $1000 monthly. 3. I found out that my roof that was replaced by the contractor did not pass inspection. 4. I had to hire an electrician and plumber to repair what the contractor messed up due to poor workmanship.

5. My garage was not installed to code. No safety devices were used during installation & the whole garage motor was hanging down. I had to hire another company to make repairs & install the proper safety equipment. I consulted a lawyer, MHIC & AAA. The contractor ignored all correspondences & I'm so disappointed in Homebridge for turning a blind eye. This is the absolute worst thing a homeowner can go through & for the mortgage company not to support the homeowner is very disheartening.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Bonita, I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience with us. I will have a member of our Customer Commitment Group reach out for more information about the situation. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address the issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My experience with this financial department is a nightmare. I got a 203k loan from this company to renovate my home. 203k is actually a bad loan. Please don’t do it if you are considering it. The loan favors the bank and The contractors you hire to work on your property instead of the home owners paying for the loan. First of all there is a lot of sidekicks going on. The General Contractor, Consultant and the people working at the renovation department all know each other so they walk together.

Homebridge recommended a consultant called Dominic from Cornerstone. I did not know much about him and thought he would be good since the bank recommended him. He started my nightmare. Called Lisa ** and Sandra ** at the renovation department for next steps. My email nor phone call was ignored for days. Meanwhile they were working with Dominic on how to exit my project and leaving me in the cold. I was stonewalled by this company anytime I reach out to them. Lisa was the worst. She never wanted to talk to me. She probably has her reasons even though she has never met me. Unfortunately for me I worked with all the people already familiar with the bank so I was treated unfairly even though I am paying the loan. Just In case the bank is reading my review, I am a tough cookie to be taken advantage of and I know my rights as a consumer.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Adetoro, I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience with your 203K Loan. I will have a member of our Customer Commitment Group reach out for more information about the situation. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address the issue.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I can't get them to understand that there are 3 credit reporting agencies. They have corrected my report on 1 and not the other 2. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau multiple occasions because they won't make the corrections nor will they respond to any emails. Total lack of common sense. This goes way back to Irma and they still can't get it right. Them and Shellpoint. Totally shady companies to deal with. Homebridge can't even file the proper paperwork. They never even recorded my modification for which caused the late payments to be noted.

Homebridge Financial Services response

Hi Michelle, I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience with us. I will have a member of our Customer Commitment Group reach out for more information about the situation. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address the issue.

Homebridge Financial Services Company Information

Homebridge Financial Services, Inc.
194 Wood Avenue South, Ninth Floor