Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.1/5 (1475 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About CitiMortgage

CitiMortgage is the lending branch of Citigroup. It offers home loans ranging from conventional to FHA products. Its rates are fairly affordable when compared with other lenders, but mortgage rates vary depending on your situation. It provides cashback and rewards programs and closing cost credits for some borrowers.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

CitiMortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

Original review: March 3, 2020

They were so easy to work with. It was incredible! I have tried to work with other companies but they were way too complicated! Repetitive questions and overkill with the paperwork! Citi Mortgage was very easy to work with!

Original review: March 2, 2020

I have had loans with them in the past. They are good. Great customer service and will treat you like family..They are a top ten to me. They work with you to help you get the loan you need and the payment are in your budget. I love doing business with them.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Citi Mortgage contacted me a couple of years into my mortgage and offered a re-fi for a really good interest rate. I went through the application process and was give a tentative approval. Then while waiting for the final closing, without warning, I was sent a notice of rejection and the loan was cancelled without notification. The reason they gave was lack of adequate income but they had somehow missed the approved income and the person who wrote the mortgage was on vacation so the cancellation was not caught. I had to escalate the problem to the next level manager who, after several calls and explanations, finally got my mortgage approved. Closing then took another month. Then, a couple of years later Citi sold my mortgage to another lender.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My estranged husband made arrangements to pay past due of 2200 in Dec 2019. I never heard from them or got a certified letter stating that he never paid it. When he asked for amount he asked to include Jan also. Well Jan 15 2020 I got served with foreclosure papers. When I called upset trying to tell them I never got informed of him not paying if I did I would of somehow paid it myself, for I’m not losing my home over 2700 (now this is the amount). She was short with me and said basically pay the amount or the steps will proceed in foreclosure. How unfair!!! I have had the house with the first mortgage since 2000. And I’m in good standards with them.

I’m full of anger, and distrust. I think I should of gotten a certified letter stating that my estranged husband never paid and to call them to make arrangements for help to get caught up. I was never offered that! So here I am googling how to save your home from foreclosure. Remind you I live check by check like most Americans. So I can’t afford a lawyer. And it’s just me and my dog. I feel like they are swallowing me up. I worked hard for what I have And I don’t want to lose my house because they never informed me of it remaining delinquent.

Original review: May 19, 2019

When it was time for a refinance Citi had already decided to offer me an option that saved me hundreds of dollars per month without adding to the term. I would call that really good customer treatment.

Original review: May 12, 2019

They sent me papers without my consent to sign for a lower payment in 2008 (during the recession). I did not know at the time that it was to pay off the interest and hardly pay any principal. I still have the paperwork where erroneous people signed the paperwork. Remember, nothing was discussed to me at all. The mortgage has been taken over by yet another servicing company. The mortgage was kept the same way where 95% is paid towards INTEREST and the other 5% is paid to principal. It was not that way initially.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Scam- just the wealthy ripping off the 99%! Homes used to be bought outright- lobbying firms bought congress and now they want to steal your homes through reverse mortgage. Come on people- fight for your right to party!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I also was a CitiMortgage customer who got stuck with this Mickey Mouse mortgage company. They keep saying I didn’t pay my April payment, despite me having back records showing that I did. They said they will have to investigate it, and said "It’s ok. It won’t go on your credit report right now," which was a lie! I’ve even offered to email them my bank statements to show I paid, yet they won’t listen.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Having a second mortgage for 20 years. Stellar repayments! Our home suffered a water loss. We fought with our insurance company to get the amount needed to restore our home. Insurance added Citi on our check. They escrowed it and have been making us jump through hoops to get those funds released so we can at least get our job fixed. It’s going on TWO years. We have to pay on our home and hotels/apartment. They did escalate us to resolution department after misplacing our funds, we fax info they request and it sits on desks for weeks. They insist in inspections to see progress... We have no funds to get things progressed!

Frustrating and madding! They hold less than 1/4 of our equity. Yet they want protection. We make moment payments with high interest yet, they hold onto more than half the amount we owe them in escrow and are not paying interest on the funds they are most likely making money on. They talk down to us as if we are children with scripted responses. Never ever get any loan from them!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Started signed up for a modification started the process. Nothing but a lot of paperwork they could never keep track of. They ended up putting my property in foreclosure. My lawyer said it's called dual tracking, against the law but still happened. Company is the worst. So are their reps.

CitiMortgage Company Information