1.17/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

CitiMortgage

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1001 CitiMortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I'm trying to get an assumption done. The people assuming the loan haven't heard anything (letter or email) from CitiMortgage saying if they have been approved or denied. I've been dealing with this situation for about a year. Service is very, very, bad. You can't talk to the department directly. I believe they are avoiding me. I talked to a woman claiming to be a supervisor but she never responded back to me. I dislike this company. I advise you not to do business with any part of the Citigroup.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

2013 I builded a home from the ground up. In three months the home started sinking. The builder try fixing the home and couldn’t fix the home so I get a lawyer to go after the builder. We got little money back. The home cost 70,000 to fix and we don’t even get have Faring. The builder we file bankrupt and walk away so now we still living in homes that are sinking a Community where the land are pulling away from the homes. CitiMortgage value our homes at a Price that the homes' not Worth. 13 homes sinking and Community not done. Water running in homes and homes builded off foundation. But CitiMortgage appraisal company said the homes was good in their inspection reports of CitiMortgage. Come out to the homes they would have seen home not on the foundation.

Now they say they can do anything to help. I have you appraisal report where you said everything ok in the homes. Holes were improperly builded. Give CitiMortgage three inspection report tell CitiMortgage from beginning of builded in the appraisal reports in a spot they said any problems with the property list you Comments. Here the appraiser have no comment but say foundation in good conditions and good for the loan to go through. I am a first time home buyer and the builder and CitiMortgage took me for a big ride plus took government money by being a first time home buyer. I going lose my house one way or the other. I don’t have the 70,000 dollars to fix the home and pay CitiMortgage or ok paying CitiMortgage and the home sink into the ground. 6 years of fighting about this home. Loss for words.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

After having our loan with CitiMortgage for several years they transferred it to another provider, something that is common practice. The problem is that they never told me that they were doing this. I did not receive any form of communication, email, mail or phone call, regarding the transfer of my mortgage. The only reason I eventually figured it out is because they sent me a letter telling me that they did not draft my payment. After about 10 minutes of combing through their website, I finally found a notification that my loan had been moved. This is a completely unacceptable practice for both a company the size of Citi and any type of mortgage provider.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We paid off our home in February of 2011 and received a 'Full Deed of Release' on March 25, 2011. Now, 7 years later we are selling our home and 2 days before closing the Title company finds that CitiMortgage wrote the WRONG Legal Description on the Full Deed of Release. They called the CitiMortgage and CitiMortgage fully admit and acknowledge that the home is PAID off in full, and that it IS their mistake, but say it will take 30 days to correct THEIR MISTAKE and say they can't just FIX it with a letter stating that they do NOT have a lien or money owed on the home!!!

The buyer is now becoming 'worried' and we might lose the sale of our home due to CitiMortgage dragging out what seems to be an easy fix. We are also incurring all kinds of expense due to having our belonging in storage and living in an empty home because we thought we were moving and we will most likely lose the house we were supposed to buy with the proceeds of our home sale!!! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER CITIMORTGAGE as a LENDER or you might end up being held HOSTAGE by their incompetence in the future!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

This business has my HEL attached to the wrong house! They have it attached to a home I have sold and are now calling in the loan because of this error! They are asking me to send proof etc when I keep telling them to just look at the note... which has the correct address. I have also been trying for 18 months to get them to change my address. This should be a simple thing... yet with Citibank it seems to be very difficult. Their customer service team are rude and incompetent to help with certain issues. You get transferred back and forth between departments and end up getting no help. I have spent over 50 hours in last 18 months to have them update my address. I don’t have time for this. Beware!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiMortgage?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have been in my home for 18 years, during that time CitiMortgage purchased my loan in 2006 which has been a pain in the butt. The first problem was when I switch insurance companies and I received a reimbursement check. Once I mailed the check into CitiMortgage the fund was applied to my late fees which should went to the escrow account which made my house payment go up additional $350 something I could not afford. I call CitiMortgage several times stating there had been a mistake and was told they can apply my money any way they want to.

The second problem was in 2017 the company stop mailing me statements (it's the voucher you receive each month stating how the funds were applied to the account and the amount received each month) which did not make sense. They continue to cash my checks without providing me with a statement. I call them and they stated I would need to request a statement. Why would I need to request a billing envelope and coupon if you have had my loan for 10 plus years? I am very unhappy with this company would not recommend this company to anyone. They’re just as bad as Wells Fargo. Customer are the reason you’re (CitiMortage) in busy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was processing a home mortgage with less than 20% down. So I attended a mandatory 1st time home buyers workshop for general information about getting a loan. There I met a CitiBank lender, Sandy ** , NMLS ID: **, (Aka Sandolio **) that a after a very brief talk, mostly pushing his Citibank loans programs, encourage some of us to apply with Citi (he interviewed everyone in that room about income, debts and assets). To make the story short, So I applied, got a pre qual and approval. The problem started later when he referred me to his friend a Realtor, Aricides **.

I told him I would go with my own realtor, but he kept insisting that I use his friend Aricides ** since he was the only who had knowledge about houses and zip codes that would qualify me for Citibank program "Homerun" where they promise low down payment, no points, and no PMI. I told him that this was a red flag for me that's I would not continue. Also, I have a score of 820 with no credit card debt and still my interest was being quoted at 4.625 and APR of 4.92** and with 5% down even though I had at least %10, anyway stay clear of him and perhaps CitiBank. I believe what he was doing is illegal, don't have the time to find out. Stay clear of doing business with him.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I refinanced my original 30 year mortgage to a 15 year mortgage in 2003. I paid it off early last year. During the entire length of the mortgage I had no problems whatsoever. I experienced hail damage to my roof at one point and my insurance company and I had to deal with CitiMortgage for the insurance payments. They were very eager to help and everything went smoothly. I recommend CitiMortgage 100%.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have had my mortgage with Citi for 12 years. It wasn't the originator. Citi purchased the mortgage. For, probably, the first 7 years, or so, the company was a bloody nightmare. Of late, however, they seem to have gotten their act together. Of course, all I ever do is send them a monthly check. It seems, these days, to be sufficient. But before they settled down, they were extremely aggressive, and very obnoxious.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Received foreclosure papers for the week of May 7, 2018, but CitiMortgage Website Account and PNC Personal Bank Account verifies payments indeed have been "received, accepted, withdrawal and cashed" for home loan ** by CitiMortgage. I called CitiMortgage in the morning of 5/15/2018 to the phone 866-272-4749. According to the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative, "no payments have been accepted, cashed or documented in database" since November 2017. Again, the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative stated, "No payments have been received for loan ** for over 7 months." I verified and validated loan data account numbers with the rep. I verified loan account on CitiMortgage's website. Their own data contradicts itself. See attached file for clear proof of FRAUD.

Now, my home is in foreclosure action with Cuyahoga County Municipal Court for Civil Foreclosure Case **. I called the Cleveland Court System to verify and get a copy of the summons stating, no payments have been made in months. The CitiMortgage Foreign Representative stated, "All I can do is launch an investigation." Meanwhile, my home goes into FALSE FORECLOSURE. Looking for immediate assistance, And if not possible, looking for a Counter Lawsuit with Unwarranted Medical Expense Damage for constant vomiting and Lawyer Fee Compensation. Contact Tina ** and Mike ** at ** or **. Again, CitiMortgage's own data is in complete contradiction of itself on the CitiMortgage Website compared to the CitiMortgage Foreign Representative.

I will be homeless due to no family or friends if I cannot stop the foreclosure. The Cleveland Shelters have a waiting list. I will be on the streets living. Both my husband and I reside "live" on the property. My husband is and has been employed. On top of this, we made a payment on May 10, 2018, that has still not been credited to our web account or charged/cashed to our PNC account. The CitiMortgage also stated, "we have no acknowledgment of you or your husband calling about being concerned about your account." "We have no phone records of you calling making payment arrangements over the phone either." "We have no payments from last week in May 2018 either, according to our database." My husband called and mailed payment to CitiMortgage by USPS.

Updated on 06/06/2018: I compared "MY MORTGAGE" data section for (1) Last Paid Amount field, (2) Last Paid Date field and (3) Next Payment Due Date. All information is incorrect. On June 1, 2018, the web data stated, "Next Payment Due Date 11/01/2017." Again, in 2018, it states that our next payment due date is 11/01/2017. Wouldn't it be June/01/2018??? I want to inform the public that there is no way you, as a consumer could possibly manage your mortgage effectively when the company doesn't even know what year or month it is. Why is this acceptable to consumers?

CitiMortgage Company Information