Find the Best Assisted Living in Stockton, CA
Top 8 Stockton Assisted Living Facilities
|Brookdale Senior Living||Read 72 Reviews|
Senior living facility with options including memory care, assisted living, skilled nursing and more. Home health services are also available. Monthly fees for rental or life care at continuing care retirement communities.
|Balance Assisted Living and Memory Care||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Lodi. Provides daily meals, housekeeping and laundry service, and personal care. Allows residents to choose between studio and one-bedroom apartments.
|O’Connor Woods||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, independent living, rehabilitation care and skilled nursing. Provides fitness classes, on-site swimming, woodworking classes, local excursions and on-site golf.
|Plymouth Square||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation service at its facility in Stockton. Provides physical, occupational and speech therapy. Has a beauty shop and barbershop on-site.
|Prestige Assisted Living at Manteca||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Manteca. Provides a wellness program that includes fitness classes, creative classes and opportunities to learn new skills.
|Rio Las Palmas||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, memory care and respite care at its facility in Stockton. Provides daily dining service, a calendar of events and programs for memory disorders.
|Sunny Place of Stockton||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Stockton. Provides 24-hour staffing, daily dining service, medication management, housekeeping and laundry service, incontinence care and local transportation service.
|The Oaks at Inglewood||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Stockton, near Troke Library. Provides assistance with daily living activities, wound care and incontinence care. Makes daily meals with local ingredients.
Benefits of assisted living in Stockton
There are many benefits to choosing an assisted living community in Stockton. These include:
- California’s regulation of assisted living facilities: The California Department of Social Services (CDSS), Community Care Licensing Division is in charge of licensing residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFE) in California. You can verify a license using a tool on the CDSS website.
- Stockton’s cost of living: According to Numbeo at the time of publishing, the cost of housing in Stockton is lower than in other California cities, such as nearby San Jose and Sacramento. For older adults who have relatives in nearby Bay Area cities, Stockton could be a more affordable choice for retirement.
- The weather in Stockton: The climate in Stockton is warm, with highs in summer around 90 and lows in winter that stay above freezing. For retirees who want to experience comfortable temperatures year-round, Stockton is a good fit.
- Stockton’s hospitals: St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Stockton and San Joaquin General Hospital in French Camp are well equipped to care for older adults in the area.
- Stockton’s public transit: Riders over age 60 qualify for discounts on bus routes operated by San Joaquin Regional Transit District. Paratransit services are available for those who are unable to use fixed-route services. All buses comply with Americans with Disabilities Act access guidelines.
How much does assisted living cost in Stockton?
The cost of assisted living in Stockton starts at $1,700 per month but usually ranges from $3,000 to $4,000 per month. The community, the living space you or a loved one chooses and the level of care are the most important factors in the cost of assisted living in Stockton.
As you visit different facilities, ask about specific pricing information, including what services are included and which cost extra. Find out if there are any current promotions or savings opportunities. Many companies can waive fees or adjust pricing to fit your budget.
Stockton assisted living FAQ
- What is assisted living care?
- According to the California Department of Aging, assisted living care usually includes assistance with bathing, grooming, getting dressed and moving around; meals and snacks; medication assistance; housekeeping and laundry services; transportation; activities; and general supervision. It may also include memory care for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Assisted living care is different from nursing care; assisted living residents don’t require ongoing medical assistance.
- Who qualifies for assisted living facilities in Stockton?
- Assisted living facilities are for adults 60 and over who need help with activities of daily living. Those who require 24-hour medical care are not eligible for assisted living.
- Can assisted living kick you out in California?
- Yes, assisted living facilities are allowed to evict residents for failure to pay, for failure to comply with state or local laws, for failure to follow facility policies, because of changing care needs that cannot be met by the facility or because of a change in facility operation. In general, a 30-day written notice is required.
- What Stockton regulations protect older adults in assisted living facilities?
- The California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 6, Chapter 8 governs RCFEs in California. Assisted living facilities must be licensed by the California Department of Social Services. After signing an admission agreement to live at an assisted living facility in Stockton, a resident must be given a copy of their personal rights.
- What organizations in Stockton support older adults?
- Organizations in Stockton that support older adults include the following:
- The Human Services Agency of San Joaquin County Department of Aging and Community Services supports older adults.
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR) is a nonprofit that works to improve care for older adults in long-term care facilities.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Stockton offers a variety of services for older adults in San Joaquin County.
- The City of Stockton “Over 50 and Fabulous” program is a yearly membership program that gives residents access to events like movie nights, farmers markets, lunches with bingo, art and sports.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Stockton assisted living company information
Rio Las Palmas offers assisted living and independent living in a pet-friendly community. Residents live in studios and one- and two-bedroom apartments. Amenities include all-day dining, social outings, housekeeping, personal laundry service, a barbershop, a garden, a library, scheduled transportation and shopping trips. Schedule a tour by calling or filling out a form online.
- Located in: Stockton
- Address: 877 E. March Lane, Stockton, CA 95207
- Phone: (209) 957-4711
- Website: fivestarseniorliving.com/communities/ca/stockton/rio-las-palmas
O’Connor Woods offers assisted living, independent living, memory care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing. Residents benefit from three nutritious meals daily, personal care services, medication assistance, regular housekeeping, transportation to medical appointments and shopping, 24/7 security, an emergency call system, a private chapel and free Wi-Fi. Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments are available. Call or fill out a form online to schedule a visit, which includes lunch and an introduction to residents.
- Located in: Stockton
- Address: 3400 Wagner Heights Road, Stockton, CA 95209
- Phone: (209) 956-3400
- Website: oconnorwoods.org
The Oaks at Inglewood is an assisted living community. Services include dressing and bathing, medication management, incontinence care, dining assistance, behavior management and opportunities to engage with other residents. Multiple floor plans are available. Meals include local ingredients. Fill out a form online or call to set up a tour, which includes lunch.
- Located in: Stockton
- Address: 6725 Inglewood Ave., Stockton, CA 95207
- Phone: (916) 634-0018
- Website: pegasusseniorliving.com/the-oaks-at-inglewood
Sunny Place of Stockton provides assisted living services in a gated community. Services include 24-hour care, meals, medication management, incontinence care, laundry, scheduled transportation, a beauty shop/barbershop and planned social activities. Call or fill out a form online to schedule a tour.
- Located in: Stockton
- Address: 807 W. Swain Road, Stockton, CA 95207
- Phone: (209) 956-8677
- Website: sunnyplaceofstockton.com
Plymouth Square offers assisted living, residential living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. Amenities include social outings, complimentary laundry service, private balcony or patio, housekeeping, a beauty shop/barbershop and scheduled transportation. Studio and one-bedroom floor plans are available. Staff are available 24 hours a day.
- Located in: Stockton
- Address: 1319 N. Madison St., Stockton, CA 95202
- Phone: (209) 466-4341
- Website: plymouthsquare.org
Prestige Assisted Living at Manteca provides assisted living and memory care. Services include assistance with daily activities, medication management and a wellness program. Amenities include restaurant-style dining, an events calendar, weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation, religious services and a beauty salon. Prestige Assisted Living at Manteca is pet-friendly.
- Located in: Manteca
- Address: 1130 Empire Ave., Manteca, CA 95336
- Phone: (209) 239-4531
- Website: prestigecare.com/location/prestige-assisted-living-at-manteca
Residents who get assisted living at Balance Assisted Living & Memory Care live in newly remodeled one-bedroom suites and get help with all activities of daily living. Staff are available 24 hours a day. The facility provides three meals per day and snacks, plus a full calendar of social, cultural and educational events. Fill out a form online to schedule a tour of Balance Assisted Living & Memory Care.
- Located in: Lodi
- Address: 1321 S. Fairmount Ave., Lodi, CA 95240
- Phone: (209) 334-3436
- Website: balanceassistedliving.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.