Find the Best Assisted Living in Sacramento, CA
Top 7 Sacramento Assisted Living Facilities
24/7 assisted living, respite care and memory care services. Communities located in California, Nevada and Washington. Take the dare quiz on Aegis Living’s website to determine the level of care necessary for loved ones.
|Carlton Senior Living||Read Author Review|
Offers independent living, assisted living and diabetic care at its facilities in Northern California. Provides housekeeping, maintenance and laundry service to all residents.
|Fruitridge Villa Assisted Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Sacramento. Provides care and wellness programs, help with daily living activities, medication management, a calendar of events, and dining service.
|Mercy McMahon Terrace||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and independent living from its facility in Sacramento. Provides activity programs, emergency call systems, dining service, grooming, transportation and spiritual programs.
|Oakmont of Carmichael||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Carmichael. Provides assistance with daily living activities from its team of nurses and trained staff. Includes on-site dining and snacks.
|Rosemont Senior Care Home||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Sacramento. Allows residents to choose between private and semiprivate living spaces. Provides daily activities, meals and assistance with daily living activities.
|Spiva Acres||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living and memory care at its five-acre facility in Sacramento. Provides assistance with eating, dressing, medications, bathing and bathroom use. Includes walking trails on-site.
What to know about assisted living in Sacramento
If you’re trying to decide whether or not Sacramento is a good place for assisted living, there are a few things worth considering:
- Sacramento’s medical facilities: Sacramento is home to multiple hospital systems, including UC Davis Medical Center, Sutter Health, Mercy General Hospital and Kaiser Permanente. Each hospital serves the needs of older Californians.
- Sacramento’s public transit: The Sacramento Regional Transit District oversees public transportation in the city, which includes buses, light rail trains, rideshare microtransit services and community bus services. Adults over 62 years old receive discounted fares and passes, and Sacramento’s public transit is accessible to people with disabilities. For longer distances, Amtrak runs between Sacramento and the Bay Area.
- Sacramento’s weather: Sacramento experiences hot, dry summers and mild, rainy winters. Snow is rare, so, if you or your loved one likes warm weather, Sacramento is a good place for you.
- California’s tax laws: While California does not tax Social Security income, it does fully tax withdrawals from retirement savings and pensions. California’s sales tax is 7.25% (excluding local sales tax), which is high compared to other states.
- California’s regulations: The California Department of Social Security monitors assisted living facilities to protect residents from scams or unsafe environments.
How much does assisted living cost in Sacramento?
The average cost of assisted living facilities in Sacramento ranges from $3,000 - $5,200 per month. Monthly rates typically cover rent and services, which are either combined in an all-inclusive price package or offered a la carte. Many assisted living communities in Sacramento also charge an entrance fee, a one-time expense that you can sometimes pay incrementally.
The level of assistance you or your loved one needs influences the cost of assisted living, but the biggest pricing factor you can control is access to amenities. Common services and amenities include:
- Medical alert systems
- Linen service
- Dining options
- Fitness centers
Some communities offer pay-as-you-go pricing for amenities, and some allow residents to opt-out of certain services to save money. You can sometimes find specials and discounts to help pay for assisted living. Ask about move-in discounts, such as reduced entrance fees, and other potential savings. Veterans and low-income residents may be able to find financial assistance or discounts from local facilities and nonprofits.
Sacramento assisted living FAQ
- What services do assisted living facilities provide in Sacramento?
- Assisted living facilities offer a variety of services throughout Sacramento, but the exact services depend on each facility in question. Assisted living facilities generally offer residents independence while also assisting with daily living activities, such as grooming, using the restroom, eating or managing medication.
- Are assisted living facilities licensed in Sacramento?
- Yes, assisted living facilities must be licensed with the California Department of Social Security. Providers must apply to the state and meet requirements regarding their quality of care and facility standards.
- What does senior living mean?
- Senior living refers to a variety of living arrangements for older adults, but this term is sometimes used synonymously with assisted living. Assisted living is for older people that do not need extensive medical care but may need assistance with daily life.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Sacramento assisted living company information
Mercy McMahon Terrace is an assisted living, independent living and memory care facility. It offers 24/7 care and assistance with older adults’ changing needs. This includes grooming, dressing, transfers, reminders and special treatments. The company also offers diabetes treatment and management. Amenities include activities, dining and spiritual support.
- Located in: Sacramento
- Address: 3865 J St., Sacramento, CA 95816
- Phone: (916) 733-6510
- Website: mercymcmahonterrace.org
Carlton Senior Living offers assisted living and diabetic care with on-site physical therapy and nursing. Your monthly rent includes three daily meals, accessible transportation, Wi-Fi, cable TV, room service and maintenance. Weekly laundry and housekeeping services are available, and the facility welcomes pets. Carlton Senior Living has 13 locations in Northern California, one of which is located near UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.
- Located in: Sacramento and throughout Northern California
- Address: 1075 Fulton Ave., Sacramento, CA 95825
- Phone: (916) 971-4800
- Website: carltonseniorliving.com
Fruitridge Villa Assisted Living is an assisted living facility that helps residents with hygiene, grooming, eating, medication management and supportive care as needed. Community activities include daily exercise classes, expressive arts, ice cream socials and sharing mealtimes. Fruitridge Villa is home to 15 residents and located off of Highway 99. Its parent company, CiminoCare, also operates other facilities in Sacramento, West Sacramento, Stockton, Lodi, Citrus Heights and Carmichael.
- Located in: Sacramento
- Address: 5490 Enrico Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95820
- Phone: (916) 706-3858
- Website: ciminocare.com/fruitridge-villa
Rosemont Senior Care Home offers 24/7 care, including help with bathing, dressing and personal needs. Residents can choose from furnished private or semiprivate rooms. Meals are prepared fresh every day, and there is 24-hour access to snacks. The facility can also tailor meals to specific dietary needs. Indoor and outdoor activities are available daily.
- Located in: Sacramento
- Address: 3348 Huntsman Drive, Sacramento, CA 95826
- Phone: (916) 364-7673
- Website: rosemontseniorcare.com
Spiva Acres provides assisted living, independent living and memory care. It assists adults over the age of 60 with eating, dressing, using the bathroom, bathing and medications. All its rooms are private and handicapped-accessible, meeting federal guidelines. Amenities include laundry service, transportation, high-definition TVs, activities and a garden. Spiva Acres’ five-acre grounds have walking trails for exercise and a patio.
- Located in: Sacramento
- Address: 10396 Spiva Road, Sacramento, CA 95829
- Phone: (925) 399-1180
- Website: spivaacres.com
Oakmont of Carmichael is an assisted living and memory care facility. It provides assistance with eating, grooming, bathing, medication and a wide variety of other daily living activities necessary for healthy living. Residents have 24/7 access to a team of nurses, doctors, therapists and trained staff. Amenities include weekly housekeeping, laundry services, utilities, transportation and activities. This community’s parent company, Oakmont Senior Living, also has facilities in Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Fair Oaks, Lodi, Stockton and Concord.
- Located in: Carmichael
- Address: 4717 Engle Road, Carmichael, CA 95608
- Phone: (916) 919-8966
- Website: oakmontofcarmichael.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.