Find the Best Assisted Living in Anaheim, CA
Top 8 Anaheim Assisted Living Facilities
|Aloha Senior Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its two facilities in California. Provides care for those with Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and other conditions. Amenities include medication management and transportation.
|Family Choice Senior Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and respite care at its facility in Anaheim. Provides activity programs for residents’ mental, physical and social needs. Includes housekeeping, laundry and meal services.
|Kirkwood Orange||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and respite care. Provides fitness instruction, scheduled activities, housekeeping and transportation. Thirteen related locations throughout California.
|Oakmont of Orange||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Orange. Amenities include scheduled transportation, fitness and wellness programs, an on-site salon, scheduled excursions, and dining service.
|Park Vista Assisted Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care and rehabilitation services at its facility in Fullerton. Provides meals, housekeeping, medication management, and a beauty salon and barbershop.
|Royal Residential Care||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and hospice at its facility in Anaheim. Provides meals, transportation, daily activities, health monitoring and medication management.
|Sunrise Villa Bradford||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care. Thirteen related facilities in the Anaheim area. Provides medication assistance, laundry, housekeeping, dining service and daily assistance to residents.
|The Meridian at Anaheim Hills||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and independent living. Ten related facilities nearby. Provides meals, daily assistance, and access to a fitness center, chapel, hair salon and walking paths.
What to consider about assisted living in Anaheim
Many people choose to retire in Anaheim because of its moderate climate. This weather appeals to many seniors because there is little risk of ice or snow, but you should keep a variety of other factors in mind as you choose an assisted living facility, including:
- Care options
- Lodging options
- Available amenities
- The community’s location
There are over 75 assisted living facilities to choose from in the Anaheim area, so it’s a good idea to identify what you want early in your search. This helps you immediately weed out many unsuitable options and focus your comparison on a few choice communities.
The State of California regulates assisted living facilities through its Senior Care Licensing Program, ensuring that residents’ rights are protected in these facilities. However, you should still tour multiple facilities before you or your loved one moves in to make sure reality matches their advertising.
The benefits and drawbacks of choosing assisted living in Anaheim
Here are some other factors to keep in mind when choosing to retire in Anaheim:
- The Orange County Transportation Authority operates the bus system throughout Orange County, including Anaheim. Adults over the age of 60 qualify for reduced senior fares. A Mobility Management program is also available for people with limited mobility.
- The cost of living index for Anaheim is 77.12 out of a maximum score of 100, according to Numbeo at the time of publishing.
- California is not a particularly tax-friendly state for older adults. While Social Security income is not taxed, pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed.
- Anaheim has many medical facilities, including AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center.
How much does assisted living cost in Anaheim?
In Anaheim, the average price of assisted living ranges from $3,500 to $4,500 per month for basic care. Facilities tend to have a starting price for basic care with additional expenses for added amenities.
Many factors influence the assisted living facility cost, such as:
- The size and floor plan of the quarters
- Whether the lodging is private or shared
- What extra amenities each facility offers
Some assisted living facilities offer financial counseling to help older adults and caregivers figure out their payment options, so talk to your preferred facility if its cost is an issue.
Anaheim assisted living FAQ
- Who qualifies for assisted living in Anaheim?
- Older adults or adults with disabilities are suitable for assisted living in Anaheim if they are largely independent but require some assistance with daily activities. Assisted living is not intended for people who need extensive medical assistance or memory care, though some facilities that offer assisted living also offer these services.
- What is an assisted living facility?
- An assisted living facility is a residence for older adults or people with disabilities who need varying levels of help with daily activities, such as meal preparation, bathing, housekeeping or taking medication.
- Can assisted living kick you out in California?
- An assisted living facility can remove residents in California under specific circumstances, such as failure to pay, violation of the facility’s regulations or state laws, inability to meet the resident’s care needs, or if the facility changes its purpose and no longer provides appropriate services.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Anaheim?
- Here are some organizations that aid older adults in Anaheim:
- 2-1-1 Orange County connects older adults with many resources in the community, including support groups, ride programs and visitor programs.
- Anaheim Community Services offers classes, activities and transportation services for older adults.
- Orange County Adult Protective Services works to prevent and remedy elder neglect, abuse and exploitation.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Anaheim assisted living community information
Royal Residential Care offers several levels of care, including assisted living and hospice. It provides help with daily living, meals and snacks, transportation to medical appointments, daily activities, vital sign monitoring, and medication storage and distribution.
- Located in: Anaheim
- Address: 2547 E. Norm Place, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Phone: (714) 595-0680
- Website: royalresidentialcareanaheim.com
Aloha Senior Living’s Carnelian Villa provides many levels of care, including assisted living, hospice, and care for patients with dementia, a history of strokes, Alzheimer’s disease or Parkinson’s disease. It provides daily living assistance, medication management, meals, snacks and transportation to medical appointments. Its fees also include utilities and cable and internet service.
- Located in: Anaheim and Northridge
- Address: 1773 S. Carnelian St., Anaheim, CA 92802
- Phone: (818) 431-0317
- Website: alohaseniorliving.us
Family Choice Senior Living is a small, family-style facility that provides full-time assisted living and short-term respite living. It provides meals, housekeeping, laundry, activities and 24/7 caregivers.
- Located in: Anaheim
- Address: 3105 W. Orange Ave., Anaheim, CA 92804
- Phone: (714) 229-0069
- Website: familychoiceseniorliving.com
The Meridian at Anaheim Hills offers independent living and assisted living options. It provides meals, and residents whose needs change over time can transition to higher levels of care. Amenities include a fitness center, a hair salon, walking paths, a community room and a chapel. Pacifica Senior Living, its parent company, also has locations in Costa Mesa, Chino Hills, Chino, Laguna Hills, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Northridge and select states.
- Located in: Anaheim
- Address: 525 S. Anaheim Hills Road, Anaheim, CA 92807
- Phone: (714) 709-4174
- Website: pacificaseniorliving.com
Sunrise Villa Bradford offers assisted living and memory care. Its assisted living care includes daily living assistance, medication reminders, transportation, laundry, cooking and cleaning. Amenities include restaurant-style meals, daily activities and round-the-clock staffing. This facility also allows pets. Sunrise Senior Living, its parent company, also has communities in Fullerton, Yorba Linda, La Palma, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Claremont, San Gabriel, Mission Viejo, Torrance, Rancho Cucamonga, Hermosa Beach and nationwide.
- Located in: Placentia
- Address: 1180 N. Bradford Ave., Placentia, CA 92870
- Phone: (714) 855-3364
- Website: sunriseseniorliving.com
Kirkwood Orange offers assisted living, memory care and short-term respite care. Its assisted living program includes hourly oversight, help with daily living, medication assistance, meals, housekeeping, laundry service and a 24/7 staff. Amenities include fitness classes, lectures, activities, outings, and transportation. MBK Senior Living, Kirkwood Orange’s parent company, also has locations in Corona, Huntington Beach, Riverside and select states.
- Located in: Orange
- Address: 1525 E. Taft Ave., Orange, CA 92865
- Phone: (657) 888-5768
- Website: mbkseniorliving.com
Park Vista Assisted Living offers assisted living, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and memory care. Assisted living includes a 24/7 staff, help with daily tasks, medication management, housekeeping, laundry, meals, security and emergency assistance. Amenities include a salon, a barbershop, a registered dietitian and an on-call doctor.
- Located in: Fullerton
- Address: 2525 N. Brea Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92835
- Phone: (866) 588-7898
- Website: parkvista.net
Oakmont of Orange offers assisted living and memory care. Its assisted living program includes help with daily living, restaurant-style dining, round-the-clock staffing and chauffeured transportation. Amenities include a fitness center, a wellness center, a salon, excursions and daily activities.
- Located in: Orange
- Address: 630 The City Drive S., Orange, CA 92868
- Phone: (714) 880-8624
- Website: oakmontoforange.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.