Find the Best Assisted Living in Long Beach, CA
Top 9 Long Beach Assisted Living Facilities
|Bixby Knolls Towers||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services at its facility in Long Beach. Provides local transportation service to the restaurants, shops and medical facilities nearby.
|Glen Park at Long Beach||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Long Beach. Provides exercise classes, art and pet therapies and a calendar of activities. Is a gated community with 24/7 video surveillance.
|Katella Senior Living Community||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, respite care and memory care at its facility in Los Alamitos. Provides personalized plans for every resident by a case management team. Includes daily meals and fitness classes.
|Lakewood Park Manor||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and independent living at its facility in Downey. Provides assistance with daily living activities, incontinence care, housekeeping, a calendar of events and companionship.
|Palmcrest Grand Residence||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Long Beach. Provides personalized care plans, medication management, 24-hour staffing, housekeeping and transportation services for residents.
|Palos Verdes Villa||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Rancho Palos Verdes. Includes a library, a garden, a patio and a beauty shop and barbershop on the property. Provides personalized care plans for every resident.
|Regency Palms Long Beach||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and short-term respite care at its facility in Long Beach. Includes a restaurant, walking trails and a fitness center on the property. Allows residents to choose between multiple floor plans.
|Vista Del Mar Senior Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Long Beach. Provides 24-hour staffing, appointment scheduling and medication management. Includes an emergency call system in every personal room.
What to consider about assisted living in Long Beach
Assisted living facilities in Long Beach are home to adults 60 and older who get 24-hour nonmedical care and supervision, including assistance with daily living activities and taking medication. Assisted living communities, called residential care facilities for the elderly in California, also provide meals and snacks, housekeeping, laundry services, a calendar of activities and local transportation.
Before choosing a place for assisted living in Long Beach, you should consider these factors:
- Licensing: The California Department of Social Services (CDSS), Community Care Licensing Division licenses and regulates residential care facilities for the elderly throughout California. You can verify a license and see the most recent inspection of a facility on the CDSS website.
- Nearby hospitals: There are many hospitals and health care providers in Long Beach, including Long Beach Medical Center and St. Mary Medical Center. Ask what hospital the facility uses in case of an emergency.
- The facility’s plan for natural disasters: Earthquakes and wildfires are threats in Southern California. Ask what plans are in place to protect residents in case a natural disaster strikes.
- The facility’s local transportation: Many assisted living communities offer transportation to local appointments, shops and restaurants. Nonetheless, ask about the community’s proximity to Long Beach’s public transportation system. Long Beach Transit offers discounted fares to adults 62 and older. Dial-A-Lift is a curb-to-curb, shared ride service for those unable to use the bus system.
- The facility’s security: According to NeighborhoodScout, the violent and property crime rates in Long Beach are higher than the national medians. Ask each facility what steps it takes to safeguard residents.
How much does assisted living cost in Long Beach?
On average, older adults in Long Beach can expect to pay from $1,300 to $5,200 per month for assisted living. The monthly cost often includes housing, meals, assistance with daily living activities, medication management, transportation, housekeeping, laundry, activities and amenities.
Several variables affect the cost of assisted living. These include the level of care you or your loved one needs, the living space and the number of amenities. Communities charge more for more intense care and larger apartments; upscale facilities with lots of amenities are also more expensive.
Some facilities offer promotions or savings opportunities, so be sure to ask. Most residents pay for assisted living using private funds, but you may also be able to use long-term care insurance or Medi-Cal benefits.
Long Beach assisted living FAQ
- What qualifies a person for assisted living in Long Beach?
- To qualify for assisted living in a residential care facility for the elderly in Long Beach, you must be at least 60 years old and go through an interview process with the facility. The facility also must review a recent medical assessment of your health. You will not be accepted to an assisted living facility if you require ongoing medical or nursing care.
- Do assisted living facilities have nurses in California?
- Many assisted living facilities in California have nurses on staff or on call. Check with each facility to see if it has nurses.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Long Beach?
- Long Beach organizations that support and protect older adults include:
- The California Department of Aging offers programs and services for older adults, adults with disabilities and caregivers. These include food nutrition services, home and community services, Medicare counseling, legal services, employment training and health promotion.
- The City of Long Beach Senior Citizen Program offers activities and programs at six senior centers, including dance, fitness, volunteering and excursions.
- Heart of Ida is a nonprofit organization that helps older adults remain independent as long as possible. It offers mental health resources, dog walking services, home safety checks and a social call program.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Long Beach assisted living company information
Palmcrest Grand Residence provides assisted living and memory care services. Residents live in single and double rooms with emergency call systems, private bathrooms and secure balconies or patios. Assisted living services include help with dressing, bathing and grooming; medication management; laundry service; transportation; and housekeeping. Chefs accommodate dietary restrictions. Call Palmcrest Grand Residence to schedule a visit.
- Located in: Long Beach
- Address: 3503 Cedar Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807
- Phone: (562) 595-4551
- Website: palmcrestgrandretirement.com
Glen Park at Long Beach is a centrally located, gated community offering assisted living. The facility provides personalized care, medication assistance, daily housekeeping and laundry services and a range of activities. Residents live in either semiprivate or private units. Glen Park Healthy Living, the parent company, has other assisted living facilities in Monrovia, Valley Village and Glendale. Call or fill out a form online for more information or to schedule a tour.
- Located in: Long Beach
- Address: 1046 E. Fourth St., Long Beach, CA 90802
- Phone: (562) 432-7468
- Website: glenparkhealthyliving.com/glen-park-at-long-beach
Vista Del Mar Senior Living offers personalized assisted living and memory care in a pet-friendly environment. Each apartment has 10-foot ceilings, a private bathroom, an emergency call system and a patio or balcony. Assisted living includes 24-hour care staff, help with daily living activities and incontinence care. Amenities include a library, TV room, game room, coffee lounge, beauty salon and courtyard. Contact Vista Del Mar Senior Living to set up a tour and free lunch.
- Located in: Long Beach
- Address: 3360 Magnolia Ave., Long Beach, CA 90806
- Phone: (562) 595-1559
- Website: vistadelmarsenior.com
Regency Palms Long Beach offers assisted living, memory care and short-term stays in Long Beach. Rooms come with cable TV, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, walk-in closets and hardwood-style floors. Penthouse luxury living is available. All residents get personal care and have access to restaurant-style dining, fitness classes, laundry and trash service, transportation services and organized activities. Regency Palms Long Beach is pet-friendly. Contact the community for a tour and free lunch. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Located in: Long Beach
- Address: 117 E. Eighth St., Long Beach, CA 90813
- Phone: (562) 270-0213
- Website: meridiansenior.com/senior-living/ca/long-beach
Bixby Knolls Towers offers assisted living, independent living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. Each resident lives in a studio or one-bedroom unit and has access to staff 24/7. Amenities include weekly housekeeping, restaurant-style dining, transportation, a barbershop and social outings. Pets are welcome to visit. Schedule a tour at Bixby Knolls Towers by filling out a form on its website.
- Located in: Long Beach
- Address: 3737 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807
- Phone: (562) 426-6123
- Website: bixbyknollstowers.org
Katella Senior Living Community offers assisted living, independent living, memory care and respite care. Each resident has a customized care plan. Staff members provide medication reminders and administration, care coordination with providers and housekeeping services. Residents take part in social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities. Nurses are available 24/7. Small dogs and cats are welcome. Fill out a form online to schedule a tour at Katella Senior Living Community.
- Located in: Los Alamitos
- Address: 3952 Katella Ave., Los Alamitos, CA 90720
- Phone: (562) 596-2773
- Website: katellaseniorliving.com
Lakewood Park Manor provides both assisted living and independent living at its facility in Downey. Basic assisted living includes daily help with grooming and dressing and bathing assistance twice per week. Additional services are available. All residents receive daily room cleaning, weekly laundry service, medication management, nutritious meals and scheduled transportation. Fill out a form online to book a tour and learn more about Lakewood Park Manor.
- Located in: Downey
- Address: 12045 Lakewood Park Blvd., Downey, CA 90242
- Phone: (562) 923-4417
- Website: lakewoodparkmanor.com
Assisted living at Palos Verdes Villa includes a private bedroom, 24-hour staffing, wellness monitoring, three meals per day, weekly housekeeping, all utilities except telephone, scheduled transportation and daily activities. The community has a library, recreation room, on-site beauty salon and barbershop, and garden patios. Palos Verdes Villa develops a personal care plan for each resident. Assistance with daily living activities may cost extra. Call to schedule a tour.
- Located in: Rancho Palos Verdes
- Address: 29661 S. Western Ave., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Phone: (310) 340-2489
- Website: palosverdesvilla.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.