Brookdale Senior Living

Compare Assisted Living

Research top Assisted Living recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was pretty typical day in and day out. There was not much variety, so things got to be tedious some days depending on the activities. While they were the same activities daily, what was offered was good. There was a wide selection available. Needs some variety. I liked the value except it was on the pricier side of what I would have preferred. But you get what you pay for.

I think with assisted living, one cannot expect the characteristic of variety to be objective. How much variety constitutes overall satisfaction truly depends on individual or familial expectations. For me, for us, it was enough. I think Brookdale assisted living facility had more than enough features to constitute a well managed, organized, well rounded and well accessible place for assisted living. I and my family were very well satisfied on a daily and continual basis. At Brookdale, I believe the insurance coverage acceptance policies were fair, broad and accommodating. I think it is a facility that caters to individuals of varying socio-economic status but more so it is an all encompassing facility that accepts any type of insurance.

Value like the characteristics of variety and the rate of satisfaction with an assisted living facility is extremely subjective. Therefore in my opinion, Brookdale met my and my family's expectations of what a quality assisted living facility should entail, encompass or deliver on a daily and continual basis for the amount of money being paid.

My mother loved this place after her surgery. She was able to pick her arrangements and the staff were very knowledgeable. I'm so halt she experience such a great place. The place is very nice. The fitness rooms were amazing and the therapy routines were very prepared. The hot tub room was my mother's favorite. The insurance offers were reasonable. We wanted something suitable for my mother and they had an array of options to choose from. We loved it. The value was reasonable especially for the amount of care provided. My mother was quite happy with her casette there and that made us happy.

The variety of care was outstanding. They had adaptability to meet all sorts of senior living needs from memory card, assisted living, and nice rooms as well. They had a lot of awesome features. The room were big and nicely decorated. The showers were handicap assembled. The bathrooms were large and manageable. They had nice insurance offers to choose from. I had a lot of options to choose from so I could get the kind of insurance features that I needed. The value of this solenoid living place was great. They are inexpensive and a great value for the price. This place is very affordable and I like it a lot.

I was offered an exceptional variety of residential options. From single living to living with a buddy. I needed assistance and they gave it to me. There were shower chairs, walkers, assistance with eating and bathing, excellent cooks and aides. It was amazing the features offered along with all of the help. The insurance package they helped me with included meals, assistance with daily living, and help to get to doctors appointments along with help remembering my medications. I feel so much better about myself with their daily encouragement and help. They strive to make residents have better self confidence. They have definitely added value to my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brookdale Senior Living?

There are a few options available to choose from. They are very flexible and are there because they truly love their jobs. They aren't there just for the paycheck which is noticeable and greatly appreciated. There are great features and amenities on site which is wonderful!! 24 hour security, beauty shop, pool, arts and crafts studio are just a few of my favorite features offered. There is so much to do there and never a dull moment. I don't know much about the insurance offerings because it wasn't something we needed so we opted out listening to the options. With that being said, I'm sure there are insurance offerings to suit everyone's needs. It is reasonably expensive but it is immaculate there. The friendly staff, clean and security make it worth every penny. Peace of mind is priceless... in my opinion.

They have many activities for a person to do. They have morning paper reads and physical activity every day. Great nursing staff that stays on top of it. I feel comfortable and secure using these services. They have days where they travel and days where they do aerobics, pool... they have tv nights and are very open to new activities. They treat us like family. They offer affordable insurance that does not break the bank... easy, flexible option to pay and covers anything necessary. Definitely leaders in that area. Compared to some of the other ones out there they are extremely affordable and worth the extra buck. This is a mandatory service for our family and I feel confident being in that facility.

The variety of residential options gave us a lot of thought in what is the best option to choose. We weren't relegated to just one option. By having more options we were able to weigh the pros and cons in a more thoughtful manner. The extra features allowed a variety of ways we could be comfortable with the service. It allowed better benefits in everyday living and made it easier for everyone involved on a daily basis. The multiple insurance offerings allowed us to choose the best one in our current situation. By having a variety of options we were able to thoroughly discuss which worked and which didn't work for us. I can honestly say that value was very important and we were very satisfied with what was offered. Even in the chance we would be in any financial problems, the service allowed enough flexibility to be affordable while maintaining the same top quality.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Brookdale Senior Living Solutions is a publically traded company that operates more than 1,100 communities in 46 states. The company operates independent and assisted living communities, memory care facilities and skilled nursing facilities.

• Pricing options: Potential residents of Brookfield’s retirement communities can choose either a monthly rental plan, which requires no entry fee, or a LifeCare plan, which has both an entrance fee and a monthly fee and includes many health care costs.
  • Optimum Life: Brookdale publishes Optimum Life, a magazine that features stories about Brookdale residents. The magazine is available for free on the company’s website.
  • Wish of a Lifetime: Brookdale has partnered with Wish of a Lifetime, an organization that helps make seniors’ wishes and dreams come true. Through the partnership, more than 600 residents have had their wishes granted.
  • Cost information: Interested consumers can visit Brookdale’s website for information about the cost of living in one of the company’s communities. The website provides clear cost information.
  • CCRCs: The company has many Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC), which have multiple types of care options at a single location. When residents’ needs change, they can move between areas in the CCRC while remaining connected to the friends they’ve made there.
  • Best for Brookdale Senior Living Solutions has communities to accommodate the needs of most potential residents, including seniors, retirees and those needing long-term care.

Compare Assisted Living