Formerly Sunpro Solar

1.2/5 (23 ratings)

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About ADT Solar

ADT Solar sells and installs solar panels from four brands, including Enphase, LG, Unirac and Outback Power. It takes care of all permitting and inspections and backs up its work with a 25-year guarantee that covers labor, power production and certain parts and systems. The company is available in 22 states nationwide.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

Pros

• 25-year guarantee
    • Free consultation
    • Handles permitting
    • Provides roofing support

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • No in-house financing

Bottom Line

ADT Solar sells solar panels and handles permitting, installation, inspections, electrical work and grid connection. Systems come with a 25-year, legally binding power production guarantee, along with warranty coverage.

What is ADT Solar?

ADT Solar is a solar energy company that offers grid-tied solar panel system installation in 22 states. It can get your system up and running in several weeks. ADT Solar also installs Tesla Powerwall energy storage and solar batteries to provide power through the night and help you avoid electrical surge prices.

ADT Solar systems come with a 25-year labor guarantee, 25-year power production guarantee, 25-year panel module performance guarantee and 25-year Enphase microinverters guarantees. Brands include LG, Enphase, Outback Power and Unirac.

The company also has an in-house roofing division to address any concerns regarding roof damage and ensure the best practices for solar installation. In case of damage to your solar panels, ADT Solar can also help with removal and reinstallation.

ADT Solar provides 100% in-house repair and maintenance of its systems. If panels are damaged, customers are covered by the 25-year guarantee and will not pay for repairs.

How does ADT Solar work?

ADT Solar offers free estimates and energy audits to get you started. A solar specialist will work with you to customize a solar energy system that meets your goals and maximizes efficiency on your property.

ADT Solar takes care of the permits, inspections and electrical work. Once the company installs the panels and the city utility installs the net meter, the system starts producing power right away.

You only pay for the electricity not produced by your system, and any excess power will be sent back to the city grid. Net metering works slightly differently depending on location.

With the installation of an ADT Solar solar system, customers get lifetime, 24/7 online monitoring with Enphase Enlighten. Track energy consumption, see performance data in real time, check that the system is operating normally and get alerts of any issues with the array.

ADT Solar cost

ADT Solar says the average cost to install solar panels ranges from $11,000 to $25,000. The exact cost depends on square footage, kilowatt usage and the south-facing roofline. In some areas, you can get rebates and tax credits.

Qualified customers can finance a ADT Solar system with $0 down, but you can also obtain a solar loan or pay upfront (solar purchase). ADT Solar also recommends exploring an Energy Efficient Mortgage, which credits a home’s energy efficiency into the mortgage.

ADT Solar FAQ

Where is ADT Solar available?

ADT Solar is available in:

• Iowa
    • California
    • Nevada
    • Massachusetts
    Does ADT Solar provide a warranty?

Yes, ADT Solar provides a 25-year warranty on labor, power production, panel module performance and Enphase microinverters.

What financing programs does ADT Solar offer?

ADT Solar partners with solar loan providers to offer zero-down financing. The company also accepts solar loans from banks and credit unions. An Energy Efficient Mortgage can also finance a solar energy system.

What brands of solar panels are available from ADT Solar?

ADT Solar sells products from LG, Enphase, Outback Power and Unirac.

How long do ADT Solar solar power systems last?

ADT Solar claims its solar power systems can last up to 50 years. The company offers a 25-year power production guarantee.

Is ADT Solar legit?

ADT Solar offers a 25-year power production guarantee with its solar energy installations, which legally protects customers in case the solar panels don’t perform as expected. With a warranty, ADT Solar also covers labor, panels and inverters. Though ADT Solar isn’t available in all areas, the company offers services in 22 states and has performed over 18,000 solar installations.

ADT Solar doesn’t outsource to other contractors for repair and maintenance of its solar arrays, and all systems come with 24/7 online monitoring.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Solar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Solar?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I signed a contract with ADT Solar on June 15th 2022. It took 4 weeks for permits to city and get approval from HOA. After approval it only took 5 days and they installed panels and wiring electrical boxes, running all wires thru attic completing all in 10 hours. I have called the scheduler about SRP's inspection and Pro Team time line but I still don't have a date on Sept. 27th 2022.

I can understand electric company dragging their feet so they can still charge me for the 100-104 degree summer days here in AZ and the Pro Team is backlogged. Pro Team is checking house for energy loss and replacing light bulbs with LED bulbs. I will come back when or if anything happens. I understood when the salesman said the Federal and State credits are against the tax you owe because I researched that. To increase my tax owed I began moving money from Traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs so that money is taxable in the year I move it. In that way I will be able to use most all of the energy credit.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I initially installed solar five years ago under Sunpro, my service was great. Now under ADT Management, the service is very disorganized, calls are not returned for days or weeks. They say they have Project managers, but have done nothing to manage my project or keep me the customer informed of what they are doing or when they intend to complete my FLOP. Deinstall/Reinstall.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

My solar panels were installed in December 2021 and the guy who sold them to me was not honest about everything. I didn’t know the company who financed the solar panels would also put a lien on my house until they were paid for…. They were financed for 25 years. The salesman told me I would get a tax refund/credit for 6% of the amount paid ($9,200) and that was not true either. Six of my 19 solar panels stopped working on 14 August 2022 and I have not been able to get them fixed.

On my Enphase App, it reads “This microinverter is reporting a production issue. Contact your maintenance for help.” I have contacted the company several times and they told me they are aware of the problem but are being very vague with details about what they are doing to get them repaired and WHEN they will be repaired. In the meantime, I am paying my electric bill and also paying for solar panels that are defective and ADT/SUNPRO Solar is not doing anything to assist me with this issue.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Honestly, I would not give this any stars. We signed for the system in April. Was told complete installation would be 45 to 60 days. We are now working on 5 months. This has been a nightmare every step of the way. As of today, the system still has not been inspected by the State (was scheduled over a month ago for yesterday) but no one showed up. Our Service Manager, Christopher ** is of no help at all. He never ever responds unless we call the sales rep and get mad. The most recent example of his lack of support is, we reached out to him several days (4) to verify when the inspection was to be done. He responded he would get back to us. Still nothing and no inspector arrived as scheduled (yesterday). Today, Chris finally got back to us after we really got angry, he was defensive and rude but still had no answers on what is going on with our system.

We can give you example after example of the incompetence of this company. We were required to schedule time off from work to be here for installation. Two days turned into 4, which turned into 6, plus a half day which ended up being 11 hours. The reasons we were given for all the delays were numerous from the teams were not informed of what was needed or what was done prior, or they are lacking the equipment and/or supplies necessary to complete the project.

The hardest and one of many annoying things is they received their money from the finance company, even though the system is not usable. We are responsible for the payment even though we are not able to get the system inspected and final steps (we were told another 2 weeks after the inspection). With no answers from our Service Manager Chris, we will be paying a couple of months charges for a system still not ready to use.

Overall, I would warn you of how unprofessional, unresponsive, lack of professionalism they have displayed in the several months dealing with them. Now they have their money we are not a priority and can't get anyone to respond to our inquiries until you get to the point of anger. If you are thinking about this type of system, I again would strongly suggest someone else. We are researching how to proceed legally - get their equipment removed, and our home roof and bricks (where they installed something, we would have never approved) repaired. I wish you the best - but I would not recommend wasting your time, effort and money with ADT / Sun Solar.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Terrible Services and Big delays. On May 2022 we started this process of getting solar panel in our home and now (mid September 2022) we still don't have the system working. First they started with the history that City of Kissimmee was still reviewing the plans, I went to the city to check what was happening and they showed me that there was no permit request under my address 3 month ago, when I confronted the customer representative that they assigned to me (Leslie Cruson) she came back with the same history, that she needed to ask and that she could only tell me what was shown in the system. Magically, they installed the whole system (on July 28th), but without the proper approval from the city, them she called again on August 10th to tell me that the permit was about to be approved and that she called the following day to give an update (I'm still waiting for that call).

15 Days ago I called her and she was very upset with my complaints (which I think were justified) she told me I would be called the following day to schedule the inspection (I'm waiting for that one either). I have several people that I wanted to refer you to for solar panels but I don't want them to get the same service as me, I decided to contract with you because I thought that ADT was more diligent in the process. I was offered that I was not gonna have a regular utility bill when the first credit payment is due, but I'm worried that's not going to be the case. So here we are mid September with some solar panels in my roof that can not use and a credit that I have to start paying next month.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Terrible. ADT merged with SunPro. Sun Pro has been a nightmare and was hoping with the merge it would be better. With ADT we finally got our roof fixed after 6 months of trying to get Sunpro solar out to fix the roof leak that they installed poorly and caused multiple roof leaks. That was done by a great company...Keith Barker Roofing. KBR came back out to inspect their solar re-install after repair and they failed on so many levels. Johnathan B a supposed manager has not been apologetic nor quick to reply.

They used silicon caulk which is not for roofers and was pulling off on day 2, they left old bracket and a unsealed hole in our roof so new damage from recent rain and didn't seal the moved electrical box they hid under the panels so KBR was not able to get to it. They were supposed to remove the on electrical line and run it through the attic space where here for 1/2 day and upon inspection, it's still there. ADT/SunPro can't do anything right. They stood on one of the panels with the "panel flop" and have a photo with their boot marks on it and a panel is now not working correctly and I told them 3 weeks ago. They still have not even mentioned getting this fixed. This company is non responsive and does crap work. They had also no showed the first time to meet with KBR for repairs. We had these panels installed 4 years ago, they screwed up the paperwork, very delayed install and failed inspection 3x. Worst company ever. They just don't care about their customers or the quality.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

We purchased solar panels back in 12/2020 from Sun Pro Solar before they were ADT Solar. The sales person assured my husband that our power bill with panels would be $10 - $20 a month. We are now in 08/2022 and we've only had a few bills in that range. During peak usage summer and winter months I now have a $156 loan payment for these panels in addition to $150 -$170 electric bills. It's costing me more than before we had solar panels!!! We've also had a recent issue with many of the micro-inverters being off due to a tripped breaker that's stuck in off and have been waiting a week for a call from someone to come out and fix this so bill will just keep going up. I regret purchasing this system more than I can express. We're located in GA and anyone that asks about our panels, I tell them about our awful experience and strongly encourage them not to go this route.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

ADT Solar has been the worst experience in 18 years of living in Las Vegas, NV. In March of 2022, we had over 50 solar panels installed on our roof and were extremely excited about going solar. Fast forward six months and our panels are still not up and running. We have failed two inspections and there appears to be no resolution in sight. The lack of communication and incompetence from the technicians all the way up to the project manager makes me think that this was all a scam, and I will be seeing a story on the news about how this company ripped off a bunch of Las Vegas residence.

I have spent hours trying to reach out to the supervisors and even the CEO and have never gotten so much as an email or phone call reassuring me that they were working to find a solution. I am currently paying a power bill on top of a loan for solar panels that don't even work. If you have unlimited time to sit on the phone, write emails and throw away your hard-earned money then ADT Solar is the right company. Please do your research and don't make the same mistake I did. This is now my reality and there does not seem to be an end in sight.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I thought going Solar would be a great idea, it could of been with another company! Customer service is terribly, the $1000 dollar check doesn’t go to you, try and get an answer, you will be waiting!!!

Original review: July 15, 2022

Read this if you are thinking about hiring ADT Solar! I am a retired disabled senior citizen living on social security. I thought it was a good idea to go solar to save on my electricity bill and have it lowered. I wish I had found this website before and had read all of the negative comments before I decided to purchase the solar panels from ADT SOLAR. This whole experience has been one big nightmare! I should have known better than to listen to the sales pitch from the salesperson from SunPro Solar. I must admit that he was very good and believable and I fell for his lies.

First lie was that I would receive a check from the federal government in the amount of $12,064.00 for my tax credit. I checked with my tax accountant and she advised that they would not be sending me a check but that I would only receive a tax credit if I owed taxes. Living on a fixed income you don't have any tax credits because I don't owe any money to the IRS. My system was installed on May 10, 2022. However it wasn't up and running until July 5, 2022. Since then I have been checking how many kWh my solar panels have been producing and each day since that date my system has been underproducing solar power. The salesperson advised me that my system would produce enough energy and that I would only be required to pay for my loan and the minimum customer service amount to Duke Energy. With my situation of underproducing his comments turned out to be another lie!!!

I purchased this system to lower my bills and with this current situation I will be paying double for my electric bills. I will have to pay for my loan for the solar panels and for everything the panels are not producing to Duke Energy. So far no one from ADT SOLAR has offered any help to rectify the under production on my solar energy!!! I feel like I have been taken advantage of by a ADT Solar/SunPRO sales guy for a solar power system that does not work and now I'm paying double for my electricity! In addition they have not bothered to correct the system by placing more panels on my roof! I'm sorry that I ever decided to go Solar and especially with ADT Solar!!!

Find a Solar Energy partner near you.

ADT Solar Company Information