Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you
About Momentum Solar
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Momentum Solar is a full-service solar energy provider that operates in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, California and Texas. It works with solar panel manufacturers to provide a solution for your home, designs the layout and installs the system for you. If price is an issue, the company also provides financing options including loans and leases.
Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you
- Warranty on work and panels
- Wide variety of options
- Free online quotes
- Limited state availability
- No pricing information online
Momentum Solar is an all-inclusive solar system company that offers multiple solar energy brands. It provides financing options and design and installation services, but it’s available only in select states.
What is Momentum Solar?
Momentum Solar is an all-inclusive solar power system provider. It offers a variety of solar panel brands so customers can choose which best meets their needs. Momentum Solar will design a system for the house, take care of all permits and paperwork, then install and activate it.
The company offers a variety of financing options, including upfront cash payment, solar loans, solar leasing and power purchase agreements. A solar specialist can go over payment options as well as any tax incentives that may be available.
How does Momentum Solar work?
Momentum Solar works by providing everything customers need to go solar with one company. It provides all solar system components, including solar panels, microinverters, solar flashing and racking and mounting. Momentum Solar custom-designs and installs each customer’s system, handles all permitting and paperwork and activates the system.
Customers can pay for the system outright or finance it through Momentum Solar. It offers solar loans, leasing and power purchase agreements.
Momentum Solar also offers free online quotes, and users can monitor their system’s solar power production with the Momentum Solar App.
Momentum Solar cost
Many factors influence Momentum Solar costs, including the shape of the roof, the size of the home and which direction the roof faces. Larger systems are more expensive upfront but produce more electricity, which saves more money over time. There are also many federal, state and local tax incentives available to defray the cost of installing solar power.
You can get a better idea of how much Momentum Solar will cost by requesting a free online quote. For more specific information, you can meet with a Momentum Solar specialist to discuss options.
Momentum Solar FAQ
- Where is Momentum Solar available?
- Momentum Solar is available in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, California and Texas.
- Does Momentum Solar provide a warranty?
- Momentum Solar provides a warranty for workmanship and solar panels.
- What financing programs does Momentum Solar offer?
- Momentum Solar offers customers three financing options: a solar loan, solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA). With a solar loan, customers borrow money from Momentum Solar to buy the panels and receive the power produced. With a solar lease, Momentum Solar owns and installs the panels. The customer leases them back and receives all the power produced. With a solar PPA, Momentum Solar owns and installs the solar panels and customers buy back the power produced.
- How long do the solar power systems last?
- In general, solar power systems last between 25 and 30 years. With proper maintenance, these systems may last longer.
Is Momentum Solar legit?
Momentum Solar is a good company for customers who want one-stop shopping for solar panels. It takes care of every detail, from equipment to system design to installation and activation. Momentum Solar handles the permitting and paperwork, so all customers have to do is sit with the solar specialists to choose the right system for their home. Momentum Solar also offers multiple financing options and information about federal, state and local tax incentives.
Momentum Solar is available in just seven states, but it’s a good option for customers in its service areas.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,298,630 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
While the purchase and installation experience in March 2020 was great, I needed to have my roof replaced a year later due to a storm. It took them 6 weeks to come remove the panels and they showed up 10 hours late on the appointment day with one excuse after another. Despite being required to pay the full detach/re-attach fee up front, and my roof being completed June 3, they are now telling me July 21st that I have to wait until October to re-attach them because their schedule is backed up because they don't have enough installers, and they are still holding thousands of dollars I paid them for the job back in May.
Additionally, I am having to pay hundreds of extra dollars for all of my electricity usage during the summer months and have lost the use of my garage to store my vehicle while my panels sit in my garage, putting my car at risk for weather damage. Their service center is useless at providing any updates and I get a new hoop to jump through every time I call. Be warned if you ever have a problem with your system after you purchase it because it might take you 6 months to get it fixed. I would never recommend this company to anyone strictly based on their post-sales service.
Momentum Solar Company Information
- Company Name:
- Momentum Solar
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.