4.8/5 (11 ratings)

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About Momentum Solar

Momentum Solar is a full-service solar energy provider that operates in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, California and Texas. It works with solar panel manufacturers to provide a solution for your home, designs the layout and installs the system for you. If price is an issue, the company also provides financing options including loans and leases.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

Pros

• Warranty on work and panels
    • Wide variety of options
    • Free online quotes

Cons

• Limited state availability
    • No pricing information online

Bottom Line

Momentum Solar is an all-inclusive solar system company that offers multiple solar energy brands. It provides financing options and design and installation services, but it’s available only in select states.

What is Momentum Solar?

Momentum Solar is an all-inclusive solar power system provider. It offers a variety of solar panel brands so customers can choose which best meets their needs. Momentum Solar will design a system for the house, take care of all permits and paperwork, then install and activate it.

The company offers a variety of financing options, including upfront cash payment, solar loans, solar leasing and power purchase agreements. A solar specialist can go over payment options as well as any tax incentives that may be available.

How does Momentum Solar work?

Momentum Solar works by providing everything customers need to go solar with one company. It provides all solar system components, including solar panels, microinverters, solar flashing and racking and mounting. Momentum Solar custom-designs and installs each customer’s system, handles all permitting and paperwork and activates the system.

Customers can pay for the system outright or finance it through Momentum Solar. It offers solar loans, leasing and power purchase agreements.

Momentum Solar also offers free online quotes, and users can monitor their system’s solar power production with the Momentum Solar App.

Momentum Solar cost

Many factors influence Momentum Solar costs, including the shape of the roof, the size of the home and which direction the roof faces. Larger systems are more expensive upfront but produce more electricity, which saves more money over time. There are also many federal, state and local tax incentives available to defray the cost of installing solar power.

You can get a better idea of how much Momentum Solar will cost by requesting a free online quote. For more specific information, you can meet with a Momentum Solar specialist to discuss options.

Momentum Solar FAQ

Where is Momentum Solar available?
    Momentum Solar is available in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, California and Texas.
    Does Momentum Solar provide a warranty?
    Momentum Solar provides a warranty for workmanship and solar panels.
    What financing programs does Momentum Solar offer?
    Momentum Solar offers customers three financing options: a solar loan, solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA). With a solar loan, customers borrow money from Momentum Solar to buy the panels and receive the power produced. With a solar lease, Momentum Solar owns and installs the panels. The customer leases them back and receives all the power produced. With a solar PPA, Momentum Solar owns and installs the solar panels and customers buy back the power produced.
    How long do the solar power systems last?
    In general, solar power systems last between 25 and 30 years. With proper maintenance, these systems may last longer.

Is Momentum Solar legit?

Momentum Solar is a good company for customers who want one-stop shopping for solar panels. It takes care of every detail, from equipment to system design to installation and activation. Momentum Solar handles the permitting and paperwork, so all customers have to do is sit with the solar specialists to choose the right system for their home. Momentum Solar also offers multiple financing options and information about federal, state and local tax incentives.

Momentum Solar is available in just seven states, but it’s a good option for customers in its service areas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Momentum Solar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Momentum Solar?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

There is a feeling that comes with achieving what you want. Momentum has made this dream come true. With the extra money I save, I am now more involved in environmental conservation programs and intend to maintain that path.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I would gladly use their services again. The app is easy to use and the installers completed the job in the agreed time, which you can monitor with this app too. Would highly recommend Momentum Solar to anyone.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I contacted this company for a solar job in Fort Worth and after engaging their sales team on the scope of the project, I settled on them. I am happy to say that the job is well done. What I loved most was the company’s investments in making the whole solar process easy for the customer.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I moved to Austin from California like so many people did to enjoy the sun and lower cost of living, and with Momentum Solar I can profit from the sun too unlike cloudy San Franciso. My household produces excess power and Momentum showed me how to sell the extra while living free of energy bills and I can monitor it with this app.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

My roof is a bit old and weak but their installers left it intact without dents or leaks. I would recommend this company to anyone within USA looking to install solar and wants it done properly. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Amazing company, fabulous installation team. I am reaping the full benefit of the Texas sun all thanks to Momentum Solar. I no longer have to worry about power bills chipping away into my income. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Momentum Solar installed solar power in my primary residence in my house and the installation cost was close to nothing. That’s because the company made me aware of an ongoing Federal tax incentive touching on solar energy. And now I can monitor everything with this great app.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I use Momentum’s solar and use the app regularly in my home and I love every bit of it. The panels are strong enough to handle all my home needs without interruptions. The best part is that they gave me a 25-year warranty.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Having Momentum Solar install a solar system in my home was the best decision I have made in a long time. And I love the app how it works with the system. I got tax credits, and my power bills have gone to zero. We live in Dallas, and I am planning to use the savings to take my family for an out of state holiday now that the pandemic is over.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Momentum Solar cold called me once and I was so confused on they got my number. I asked to be on the do not call list and they listened. But then a few months later I moved to a house with lots of sun and I remembered their sales pitch so I gave them a call. Very informative and I learned a lot. I ultimately made the decision to have them install it and they did a great job. A+++.

Find a Solar Energy partner near you.

Momentum Solar Company Information