4.4/5 (22 ratings)

Sunlux

Sunlux

Get Started

About Momentum Solar

Momentum Solar is a full-service solar energy provider that operates in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, California and Texas. It works with solar panel manufacturers to provide a solution for your home, designs the layout and installs the system for you. If price is an issue, the company also provides financing options including loans and leases.

Find Solar Energy Companies near you

Pros

• Warranty on work and panels
    • Wide variety of options
    • Free online quotes

Cons

• Limited state availability
    • No pricing information online

Bottom Line

Momentum Solar is an all-inclusive solar system company that offers multiple solar energy brands. It provides financing options and design and installation services, but it’s available only in select states.

What is Momentum Solar?

Momentum Solar is an all-inclusive solar power system provider. It offers a variety of solar panel brands so customers can choose which best meets their needs. Momentum Solar will design a system for the house, take care of all permits and paperwork, then install and activate it.

The company offers a variety of financing options, including upfront cash payment, solar loans, solar leasing and power purchase agreements. A solar specialist can go over payment options as well as any tax incentives that may be available.

How does Momentum Solar work?

Momentum Solar works by providing everything customers need to go solar with one company. It provides all solar system components, including solar panels, microinverters, solar flashing and racking and mounting. Momentum Solar custom-designs and installs each customer’s system, handles all permitting and paperwork and activates the system.

Customers can pay for the system outright or finance it through Momentum Solar. It offers solar loans, leasing and power purchase agreements.

Momentum Solar also offers free online quotes, and users can monitor their system’s solar power production with the Momentum Solar App.

Momentum Solar cost

Many factors influence Momentum Solar costs, including the shape of the roof, the size of the home and which direction the roof faces. Larger systems are more expensive upfront but produce more electricity, which saves more money over time. There are also many federal, state and local tax incentives available to defray the cost of installing solar power.

You can get a better idea of how much Momentum Solar will cost by requesting a free online quote. For more specific information, you can meet with a Momentum Solar specialist to discuss options.

Momentum Solar FAQ

Where is Momentum Solar available?
    Momentum Solar is available in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, California and Texas.
    Does Momentum Solar provide a warranty?
    Momentum Solar provides a warranty for workmanship and solar panels.
    What financing programs does Momentum Solar offer?
    Momentum Solar offers customers three financing options: a solar loan, solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA). With a solar loan, customers borrow money from Momentum Solar to buy the panels and receive the power produced. With a solar lease, Momentum Solar owns and installs the panels. The customer leases them back and receives all the power produced. With a solar PPA, Momentum Solar owns and installs the solar panels and customers buy back the power produced.
    How long do the solar power systems last?
    In general, solar power systems last between 25 and 30 years. With proper maintenance, these systems may last longer.

Is Momentum Solar legit?

Momentum Solar is a good company for customers who want one-stop shopping for solar panels. It takes care of every detail, from equipment to system design to installation and activation. Momentum Solar handles the permitting and paperwork, so all customers have to do is sit with the solar specialists to choose the right system for their home. Momentum Solar also offers multiple financing options and information about federal, state and local tax incentives.

Momentum Solar is available in just seven states, but it’s a good option for customers in its service areas.

Momentum Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Momentum Solar?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

You will get world-class solar panels and installation services from Momentum Solar. And to add on to that, they give you 25 years as a warranty. Your energy needs are sorted for a quarter of a century! How awesome is that?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Been using Momentum Solar for 5-years now and they have never disappointed me. They installed solar, cleaned up the yard, and guaranteed me that the structural integrity of my roof was intact. They are good. I will be using their services again for a holiday home I recently bought.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

I love this company’s approach to customer service. They make solar as easy to understand as possible. Before I engaged them, I knew very little about solar. Today, I am able to explain solar to all my friends with ease.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

The Momentum Solar sales team is friendly and good at their work. They helped me see solar from an environmental and not just from a cost-perspective. I am happy to know that by using solar, I am making the planet better for my future generations.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I can't thank the sales team at Momentum Solar enough for introducing me to solar-powered energy! At first, I was nervous about the large investment in my home but the sales representatives answered my questions and made me feel comfortable with the purchase of a solar panel system. The install team arrived bright and early and was friendly and knowledgeable. My typical energy bills are next to nothing now!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Momentum Solar makes solar easy to understand and install. With just a quick brush through their website, I got all the information I needed about solar and went ahead with installation. Highly recommended.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The best solar installer I know. Their payment process is easy and one doesn’t have to be around for them to complete their work. They are worth every dollar I spent on them. I highly recommend Momentum Solar!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Momentum Solar installed solar at my home and it’s a good experience so far. They did my solar installation and I am proud of the results. I am enjoying free energy and with a 25-year warranty. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

These thieves will bully you and refuse to process any requests that ends with them getting less money. Don't go with Momentum, instead go with Green Mountain or any other utility backed solar programs.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Momentum came knocking at my door and gave me the Worst experience in my life. Paying 30k loan for 27 panels for no reason, they can't even pass Final inspection, it has been 10 months into this project. They seems to give up, no one to reach out to, no one cares. Slow and poor executions, very bad Company, stay away.

Find a Solar Energy partner near you.

Momentum Solar Company Information

momentumsolar.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: