2. Solar Energy

SunLux Energy

SunLux Energy
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.80/5

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that focuses on helping residents and businesses in Southern California find solar energy solutions that best fit their needs. Sunlux's advisors ensure customers are informed about solar products and the benefits of switching to solar. The company offers residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing.

Sunlux Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Sunlux's low-profile solar panels blend into roofing. Although prep time can be long, the company's customers enjoy high-quality solar installation. The solar panels include lifetime support and warranties.

PROS

• Lifetime support and warranty
  • All equipment guaranteed
  • Modern, sleek designs

CONS

• High upfront costs

Top SunLux Energy Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Getting started was super easy, and once the black panels were installed, they looked amazing and blended right into our black roof. Danielle was a fantastic project manager and was super responsive, informative, and had excellent follow-up.

I have had nothing but a great experience with Sunlux. The system looks awesome and is working great. Everyone I have dealt with throughout this process has been fantastic. The communication has been perfect.

SunLux Energy Get Started

What does Sunlux do?

Sunlux designs customized solar energy systems to ensure they fit its customers' needs. Sunlux's systems consist of solar panels, solar inverters and batteries. The company takes pride in its partnerships with Tesla, Panasonic and LG, which lets it build quality systems from quality materials. Sunlux provides cost-efficient, renewable energy sources, and customers can expect excellent engineering and professional installation. Sunlux also provides a handy savings calculator that estimates immediate and lifetime savings, which helps customers make educated financing decisions.

Sunlux costs

Sunlux prices range from $24,900 to $35,000. Costs vary depending on the size of your roof and whether you purchase, finance, lease or prepay for your solar panels. If you decide to purchase, a $1,000 deposit gets the process started, and the remaining cost is due after the company installs your solar power system.

Sunlux regularly coordinates with clients to find loan options, working with partners such as Dividend and the Energy Loan Network. Federal tax credits are also available to lower construction costs.

Sunlux installation

Sunlux solar installation only takes one or two days, but the prep time can take up to six weeks.

1. The installation process starts with a visit to the location, where specialists survey for challenges and measure the available space.
  2. Within the following week, Sunlux designers draft a plan that matches the customer's desired aesthetic and efficiency.
  3. The company then applies for permits. Permit approval may take up to a month.
  4. Once the permits arrive, the company begins installing your solar energy system.
  5. Crews install mounts and wiring first and then attach panels on the roof.
  6. Once finished, the system must pass a brief legal inspection. Then, energy production can begin.

Sunlux warranty

Sunlux offers a 25-year warranty, which is long by industry standards. The warranty covers the panels, performance, maintenance, installation and parts. The company also guarantees energy production, which lets customers know the system will continue to produce the desired amount of energy. Sunlux also includes monitoring, which lets customers check on the performance of their solar power system.

Sunlux FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Sunlux?
Sunlux uses solar panels from Panasonic, LG and Q CELLS. The company carries a range of sizes and looks with distinct features to meet customers' needs. For example:
  • The 320 LG NeON 2 is designed to be less noticeable and has a monochromatic appearance and thin dimensions.
  • Panasonic's N320K Photovoltaic Module HIT BLACK has specific drainage features and may be ideal for rainy areas.
Where is Sunlux available?
Sunlux is available in California, including Los Angeles, Irvine, Rancho Santa Margarita, Bakersfield, Valencia and San Diego, and in parts of Texas.
Does Sunlux offer energy monitoring?
Yes, Sunlux continuously monitors all systems. This monitoring allows for professional problem resolution as soon as possible.
Does Sunlux provide energy storage?
Yes, you can add solar batteries to a solar system. Batteries provide off-grid power and can be used in a power outage or all the time. Sunlux uses Tesla, LG and Enphase battery systems.

Is Sunlux worth it?

Yes, Sunlux is worth it. Sunlux creates a customized, all-encompassing service for those interested in solar and looking for a start-to-finish installation. The company has high-quality options that are made to order for each home, and it provides warrantied systems at accessible prices. Sunlux's financing, leasing and prepay options fit diverse budgets and make it possible for nearly anyone to save on energy by using renewable resources.

SunLux Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: July 3, 2020

Suxlux installed my solar array almost 3 years ago. I am very happy with the production of my system and have produced enough energy for my growing family and I. I gave them a call recently because I was thinking about getting an electric car and wanted additional panels to be installed. Adam ** and Garrett ** has been extremely helpful and very responsive.

They took a look at my bill and didn’t try to sell me/oversell me on the panels THAT I wanted. They advised that since I was producing MORE energy then what I needed all I needed was Consumption Monitoring to see hour by hour how much energy I was producing and how much energy I was using. This would help me monitor my system to coincide with my SCE TOU plan to see if I even need more panels with the electric car. They came and installed the Enphase Consumption CT’s in under an hour. It was quick and they cleaned up after themselves. I was up and running again and checking my Enphase app every hour. Now I can charge my electric car at night when electricity is the cheapest and I might not even need more panels!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I was trying to get our energy costs lower because of early retirement. We had a gentleman from SunLux Energy come out and he did an excellent job. We liked his sales presentation so we decided to go with it. Every interaction that I had with every person that worked for the company from the salesperson all the way through the people that came out and did the inspection of our roof had to coordinate with my roofer to get the system in place and that went well. They were all professional. But I wished the process of getting the system in would've been a little bit faster from start to finish. Permits had to happen and there were a lot of different players came in. There was a lot of cooperation and everybody was professional. They didn’t leave my yard with a lot of rubbish or anything like that. So, I was quite satisfied with the way everybody conducted themselves.

We put some money down and then we did the financing. There seemed to be enough options to accommodate us for what we needed. So, everything went well. For the first couple of months, everything seems to be really well. The system is producing enough energy and it’s accomplishing everything that has been promised to us. SunLux did a good install job. The system looks beautiful and it works. Overall, I’m very happy with the experience and I have referred a couple of people to SunLux.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I'm glad I didn't give up on my solar project because I almost did. Back in 2019, I was ready to move ahead with the project and went to Energysage.com get quotes. I've had over 10 quotes and I actually even signed up with another installer at the time (not SunLux) and started the project. Then shortly after the project started I was told they discovered my roof had issues so the project was cancelled. I cancelled in part 1) the installer didn't do roofing and I didn't want to deal with multiple contractors and 2) the unexpected cost in the project. And apparently, the installer wasn't too excited about either, it seem. I guess most installers out there just want the easy installs but that's not the real world out there.

I all but had given up. Then 6 months later I decided I give it another try and recalled Sunlux had given me a quote prior but never follow on it. Explained my situation to Tracy, my Sunlux consultant and he said my roof is certainly not an issue. He was very responsive to my needs, customized a system that I want and even had a great suggestion on the panel placement. How it looks is as important as the power.

So with contract signed, this is typically where most solar project fall apart (right?) and this is what I heard from my neighbors with their solar project from a different installer. Nope, not with Sunlux. The project moved quickly and it stayed that way. I got coordinated with the project manager Jennifer and she made sure all my concerns were addressed. Even with Covid, the project took no more than 3 months and the bulk of the wait is with permitting. Very happy with the overall install experience, pricing, and service. If you have a roof issue like mine I highly recommend you give Sunlux a try. Highly recommended!

Original review: June 20, 2020

The stock market was at 30,000, so we had a little extra money. I happened to get a glance at our electric bill, and I thought it was pretty high. I had been considering solar for a very long time, but it seemed it just got to a point where it was pretty efficient. It made sense that if I waited any longer, I'd be too old to buy. I was talking to SunLux and Sunrun, but it really was a matter of price and salespeople to a certain extent. I was going to go with Sunrun because they were affiliated with Costco, and I thought I'd have some recourse if we had problems. But when we ventured into it, the SunLux salesperson was much more knowledgeable and upfront than the other guy, and then they sweetened the deal by putting in a level 2 plug for electric car charger in my garage.

The whole process took almost two months from the time we’d signed the contract until the time it was turned on. A lot of that delay was waiting for the city to come take a look and sign off. The installation took a day. Solar always seems to make sense. My calculations say that we’ll break even in seven years. So, it's like prepaying your electric bill. It certainly is good for the environment. I'm also fascinated with the technology. In the morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the application where I can see how much energy we produced so far today.

There was a gal in the office, her name was Berlyn. She was holding my hand as we went through the process with the city, and she kept me up-to-date on exactly what was happening. She would go back and remind them that they hadn't done their job yet and she just communicated perfectly. Then after it was installed, there was another gentleman who called me to make sure everything was going correctly. The support was excellent. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Going solar helps the environment stuff, but the main driving factor for me was the tax credit. I was gonna have to pay somebody $15,000 either the government or private company, and I chose to pay the private company. I went to several different companies and the industry-standard, in my opinion, is around $3.50 per kilowatt hour. SunLux quoted me $3.29 per kilowatt hour but in my search, I got somebody that was quoting me 2.75 per kilowatt hour. So when I went back to SunLux, I told them about it and their rep sent in the bid. They brought theirs down to 2.77.

The consumer is at a clear disadvantage ‘cause they don’t know what goes into these systems. Once I got into it, I saw that the cost of the material was about $22,000 and there were a couple of days labor for the install. They had to do some running around to submit some stuff, so there was quite a bit of room in there for a profit margin. So, solar is a good thing but it’s a little bit overpriced no matter who’s doing it.

I wanted the Panasonic panels and SunLux got me that. I had some company who tried to push me to a different panel and I said no. Also, there was some discussion between microinverters and traditional inverters with the optimizers that sit on panels. We went back and forth about that a little bit. They were pushing hard on the regular inverters with the optimizers and we got to the point where it wasn’t worth hassling about it anymore. The size of the traditional inverters has shrug down quite a bit from a few years back, so it’s not quite as unsightly and the system seems to operate fine.

Original review: July 24, 2020

They are actually very good for solar panel. Actually best, their qualified workers are really good. Their service was really amazing. I just loved it. Their behavior was quite good and they are pretty much professional.

Original review: July 8, 2020

The entire Sunlux team has been incredible from start to finish. During the sales presentation, there was no uncomfortable upselling or pressure by Chris. The installation process managed by Jen was seamless, and whenever there was an issue (all issues were minor) she took considerable effort to ensure our care and solve the problem. The roof and the panels look fabulous and they are producing as expected - we couldn’t be happier!! We received 3 other quotes for the project and Sunlux beat the competition in every category, which actually made me a bit nervous, but after going through the whole project, I am blown away that they exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Sunlux and Troy Roofing for any project you might have. Thanks Garrett and the entire Sunlux crew!!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I got three quotes on solar and they were all over the place. They were all like $10,000 difference, $15,000 difference. I decided I didn't know enough to actually get solar yet because I didn't know what it should cost. I found a website and I was able to compare four different companies in terms of what inverter they use and what price per kilowatt. This website made it so easy to compare the four companies across the board and it made sure I was comparing apples to apples. SunLux had the best reviews and one of the better prices.

Customer service was amazing and they exceeded my expectations on everything. We love our solar and I would love to share with people my experience with SunLux. They were beyond amazing. I had an inspection and I was out of town. I was trying to make it home so I could meet the inspector. SunLux had sent somebody out and he pretty much waited there for the inspector. I didn't have to deal with the inspector at all and made it so easy for me.

Original review: July 4, 2020

SunLux has the best price from a couple of companies I got a call from. The customer service of SunLux was good. I really didn't have any complaints at all. However, they had a rebate, like a tax break, that I didn't really understand. But besides that, everything went well.

Original review: July 2, 2020

My experience with SunLux was wonderful. The person that was assigned to work with me was Jennifer. Jennifer did a great job in coordinating with me and making sure I understood the next steps. They were good and they fought for my business. The other guys were trying to match what they did. I came to the ultimate decision that if you couldn't come up with what they came up with, you don't deserve to take their business. One of the things they did for me was I recently bought an EV vehicle and they threw in a level two inverter for this vehicle, which is gonna save me tons of hours of charging. They rock. Then the owner called me when I was getting ready to go with another company, who actually tried to match theirs. I liked them. I was so happy with my experience with them.

SunLux Energy Company Information