toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

To save money, we decided to go solar and my friend recommended SunLux and they made sense, so I was good with it. The representative from SunLux was very nice and he came out and went over the cost and what they would do, and it was great. The project manager and the SunLux representative were on the site every day, and the installation crew did a good job. The cost was fine in relation to its quality and I'm satisfied with it. I have already recommended them and I still would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owned my house and I planned to stay there for a long enough time, so just on the cost savings, it made sense to go solar over paying electricity with our provider. Someone I know had used the sales representative who represents the company. One of them was SunLux. I had a few discussions with him and based on the panel they provided, I went with SunLux.

The sales reps certainly knew what they were talking about, with all the explanations on time tables and schedule and type of panel. Contractually, that was all through DocuSign, so it’s easy to sign and get all of that situated. Any questions I had, they were every responsive, mostly through email. Once we got to the point of the design, any changes on where I wanted panels to go on, they were very receptive and made changes. They made their schedule and kept it. Their timeframe of doing the work was what they said it would be. They handled everything with the city which was good. They got all that done and approved without me having to deal with anything. That was nice. So, all in all, everything went real smoothly and I'm now producing power, so I'm happy. And I've got a $20 credit last month for my electricity versus a $200 bill. It was a big difference.

I purchased the solar panels and so it'll take a little time till they actually pay for themselves. It makes sense somewhere around the seven to 10-year range. But as far as purchasing them, if we actually do sell our house, I think the advantage of having the solar panels integrated and part of the house, they would probably even pay for themselves within the price of the house. They add to the value that they cost me to go in them. Southern California is very competitive cause there's a lot of providers down here. And so, cost-wise, they were very aggressive in my favor. For certain situations like obviously if you're only gonna be in the house for a few years, I wouldn't really think of doing solar. But for our situation, it certainly made a lot of sense. I'd certainly recommend SunLux if anyone wanted to go solar. They were thorough and reasonably priced.

SunLux went above and beyond what I expected. It was a pain free process because their crew took care of everything and left my house cleaner than when they started. They are now doing my mom's house. I highly recommend them! They are great!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to save a lot of money with solar energy and SunLux Energy gave me a better deal than the other ones that called up. The reps were very friendly and they answered all my questions that I had for them. Even the guys who came to install it answered everything I asked them. If they didn’t know it, they got somebody else to do it. I’ve noticed a little bit of a difference. My bills used to average $450 a month. Now, I’m paying a set fee of $164 and Edison would give me a $9 or sometimes a $1 bill. I'm very happy with the cost and quality. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend them to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Reducing the cost of our electricity was a big factor in our going with solar energy. At first, we did some research and talked to three different companies, including SunLux. With SunLux, we felt that we were dealing with people that we liked who knew what they were talking about and presented the most complete picture of what we should expect would be provided to us in exchange for what it would cost. Now, we do have a regular account with Sunrun and they provided us with the technical account, while SunLux did the original installation. SunLux then turned over some of their responsibilities to Elite Electric, the company that actually did the hardware installation.

However, we had a stupid problem that could have been avoided easily. It should have never come up, but it continued for quite a while. We had a screw-up on the billing, and it was so difficult to resolve that it became irritating. It smacks so completely of unpreparedness and confusion about what their responsibilities were and how to fix the problem. In April 29, 2016, at 11:30 a.m., Richard of Elite Electric in Riverside, California, called me and I told him that I was about to cancel my contract with SunLux. We had been originally told at the beginning of the year that the whole system would be in and running by March. But it is now almost May. Likewise, I had been told that Richard would call in the morning of that day, and it was then coming up on noon. I told Richard that if he had not called by noon, I would have completely canceled the contract with SunLux for breach of contract and nonperformance.

I told Richard that we have been repeatedly told that the company would do so and so, only to see the deadline come and go without performance, and I'm not willing to deal with a company that does not do what it says it will do. He assured me that the panel change-out will occur on May 18 and the physical installation of the roof panels will be done on May 18 and 19. But he said that the Banning utility may not authorize the actual activation of the system.

It was not just a couple of times that SunLux had told me that they were going to do something and then didn't do it, and I was more than irritated by that time. The problem is, when I'm told that I have to be somewhere to meet and greet installation people but they don't show up, I may have made arrangements with my healthcare providers, doctors or cleaning services, and I put those people on hold and make other dates with them in anticipation of these dates being honored by SunLux, and if they're not honored, it is hugely inconvenient. If this happens repeatedly, as seems to be the case with SunLux, then I would be close to canceling my contract with them.

They finally told me that they were going to do some installation work on May 18. On this day, the electrician, Ryan replaced the 100-amp main power panel with a 200-amp panel. The crew, consisting of Joaquin, Jesus, Billy, and Smiley began to install the roof panels and finished this on Friday, May 19. Bill and Matt acted as inspectors for the City of Banning. On May 23, I returned a call to Richard to schedule completion of inspections and activation of the new power panel. I left a voice mail message and received a call from Ron on May 23.

On June 8, at about 10:20 in the morning, I called and spoke with Crista at SunLux. I asked her to pass along to Guillermo that the city inspectors were here this morning, and Rick was here and turned on the system at 9:35 a.m., and also that I had put a combination lock on the connection box. I gave them the combination to that lock. On October 17, at 4:25 p.m., I called and spoke again with Guillermo. I told him that I was going to email him a scanned copy of the Sunrun billing and that I hope he would help by straightening out this endless billing error at Sunrun. They ultimately fixed the problem and I got satisfied, but it took a lot of coaxing and cajoling.

I live in a gated 55-plus retirement community of about 3,700 homes. And as of this time last year, we as a community and as a homeowners association were entertaining bids for a $2 million solar panel installation. I had already suggested SunLux, but I called the president of the board and told him to take my recommendation out.

I told Guillermo that it was really too bad because, before the installation screw-ups started, I had recommended with enthusiasm that the panel at the homeowners board of directors consider asking SunLux to make a bid on the $2 million solar panel installation. Then, after the screw-ups, I asked them to take my recommendation out, so SunLux was probably not considered and the homeowners association is still in the process of bidding out that work. I expressed my displeasure with the way I was treated by SunLux and it had cost them a nice piece of work.

About 3 or 4 percent of the houses here in this development have solar panels. It's a slow technology to catch on because many people think that the cost of buying solar panels is expensive and the solar energy technology will evolve. In addition, the lease tends to be a burden that you carry for a very long time. So, there are a lot of people who are hesitating about looking seriously at installing solar panels or using solar energy for those two reasons. But I see more and more of these solar panels going up all over this desert area in Los Angeles, where the sun is a wonderful thing if you’re looking at generating power by solar. It wouldn’t hurt if SunLux was to make a specific appeal to people who live here and to other such 55-plus communities, and there are lots of them within 25 miles of where we are.

Also, just 30 miles from where we are is Palm Springs, with a 47,000 population of very affluent and educated people. It would be a wonderful place for SunLux to capitalize on such a market, but it would not be a bad idea to look into how they advertise to those communities. Some of them have their own newspapers or magazine publications that come out on a monthly basis, and we have that here as well. It would be good to make SunLux more visible if they want to generate some interest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?

Looking at the rising cost of electricity, I decided to go solar. I inquired from six different people and SunLux Energy had the best price and they gave me the best panels. SunLux Energy had different price ranges for some with lesser panels. These were less in the number of panels and I felt were less quality panels as well. But some others were as much as $12,000 or higher. Guillermo was my salesperson and interactions with him was all good. I got the panels put in in September last year. I financed them and got approved right there.

So far, I’m waiting to see when some kind of final bill is going to hit. I can’t figure out if I’m selling back energy to the energy company or it’s building up at the end of the year. We're going to determine whether or not I’m going to owe them money or they’re going to owe me money. Other than that, if people ask me about SunLux, I would give them Guillermo’s phone number.

SunLux makes it so easy to work with. The entire team was professional and very easy to work with. Guillermo who sold us the panels helped us out at every step and answered all of our questions. The installers did a great job and site was left very clean. Panels look great and are not very noticeable if you don't know they are there. We are extremely happy with how much energy we are now producing and how much money we will save in the long run. Highly recommend Guillermo and his team to do a professional timely job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Solar energy is environmental and hopefully, it will save me money in the long run. The reps at SunLux Energy were very good, very nice, and very helpful. They explained everything that I might have a question on. They came by and looked at my house to see which is the best part for the installation. They checked my phone bill first to see how much kilowatt we use per year and is it worth it to get solar panels because if we don’t use that much electricity, it’s pointless to get solar panels. Based on that, we developed to see how much solar panel we want in, depending on how much electricity I might use for the years. And then from there on, they checked how many panels they design in their little computer program based on my roof. Then we discussed what would benefit me, what’s the price, how good it is, and what are the stages for now before we can move on to the next step. I don’t know if I’m saving that much yet as it’s just the beginning, but so far, customer service, installation, and their process are so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went solar to save money and my experience was great with SunLux which was referred to me by one of my friends. Sergio, the sales rep was very good. He came out right away and we worked it out. The installation was very fast. The cost of the service along with how it compares with the quality I receive is awesome. I'm very happy. Everything was cool.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been looking into solar energy for a couple of years and I've had meetings with four or five different companies. The representative from SunLux knew everything and they're great. They're also very competitive with regards to the pricing versus other companies. The sales rep was trying to sell me one specific product but he gave me all the options and he knew all the products thoroughly. I financed the solar panels and the process was straightforward and easy with no headaches. They scheduled pre-inspection and some follow-up appointments for installation. They came, did the installation, and everything was pretty smooth. There were no hiccups. If I could do it again, I would. I'm totally happy and I'd recommend this company to everybody.

Highly recommend SunLux for Solar expertise. They were very responsive and professional throughout our entire solar installation for our home in the Monterey Peninsula. The crews who installed the electrical panel upgrades, solar panels, and the monitoring components were always respectful, professional and courteous. Highly recommend and grateful to be "off the grid" and producing clean energy!!

I considered getting Solar Energy because it’s a long term to save money. SunLux contacted me and they are a little bit cheaper from the other companies that contacted me. Their representatives also seem to be honest. I bought the solar panels and it took less than two months for SunLux to complete the installation. I would recommend them.

Getting free electricity in seven years and a tax rebate made me decide to go solar. SunLux rep explained to me how many panels I would have, where did it go, the maintenance, the life of them and the longevity. Everything was covered. I purchased the solar panels and installation took a couple of days. There was a team of people who installed them and the system was up and running within two weeks. It's been an improvement. The installers overall were useful but they could definitely use a little improvement in their quality of work.

In a year I would spend about $4,000 on my electric bill. But with these panels, now I expect to spend about $500 a year. I'm still getting usual electricity from Edison, but I'll be able to buy it at a way cheaper rate and I won't need as much because the majority will come from the panels. Although you can never get enough panels to get your electricity bill to zero. There's always gonna be some. If you can afford going solar, you should at least consider it.

SunLux Energy Company Profile