SunLux Energy

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We live in an area where it's quite warm in the summer so our energy bill spiked. We also got a plug-in vehicle so it tipped the scales for us as far as our monthly electricity payment was and what we would be saving. SunLux Energy had good ratings online and we felt comfortable working with them. They came out to the house and the sales rep had his laptop and the images of our roof. I told him what we were looking, what we needed, and what we anticipated needing in the future. This was new for us so I really liked that they took the time to answer all the questions and didn’t make me feel like he was an expert and I was a novice. He made me feel like every question was important. He gave me what the options were and it didn’t feel that he was trying to sell me on something.

We financed our solar panels as it was the most convenient, and everything was pretty much online. SunLux coordinated us with the credit union and the process was really easy. Then, each day that the installers came, they checked in with our nanny and gave a breakdown of what they were going to be working on that day. After the project was finished, another crew came out and fixed a few tiles that had cracked during the work, cleaned up, and checked the back-end with us to make sure that everything was good. The installation was easy, very convenient and quick, and the product was good. It was a little bit on the higher end as far as the price is concerned, but we also went with a more expensive panel with a better warranty. That was important to us.

I feel really happy with our solar panels. Having them is like having kids. When you have them, you meet a lot of other people that have them, too, and since then, I've been talking with other people about how many kilowatts we're getting, etc. I've already referred SunLux a couple of times and I would absolutely refer them to anybody who is shopping for solar. If we ever bought another house, I'm confident that we would call SunLux again. They made me feel like an expert by the end of the process and I felt really comfortable with what we paid. Since having them, we're noticing a $10-a-month difference on our bill and we have an ongoing credit for around $200 now.

We wanted to go green and save money so I called two places and SunLux was the friendliest on the phone and I got a better feel with them. It was their manager who came to my house and told me all about solar energy and he did everything he promised so it worked out nicely. He lived in my city and had solar panels on his home too. The whole process took 2-3 weeks but the actual installation was just one day. We leased our panels and their cost of quality and service were great. I would recommend them to my friends. I know it’ll save me some money and my electric bill will go from roughly $125 to around about $86.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We interviewed several solar companies before choosing SunLux Energy. It was a good decision! Their product, pricing and service are all great! We are loving our solar and so glad we made the decision to use them! NO bait and switch with Sunlux Energy. Everything they told us up front came to pass! Loving the fact that we're saving a lot of money on our electricity costs now! We will definitely recommend them!

Our bill is so random especially during that summer weather that I wanted something more steady where we know what we'll pay every month. I decided to go with solar energy. I spoke with several people and five companies came up. The gentleman from SunLux was a little bit more understanding to what we wanted to do as opposed to the other people. They wanted to do what they thought was best for us. I was impressed that he was knowledgeable and very understanding to exactly what we wanted. It was cut and dry and he didn't try to throw in anything extra.

We went with the lease program. We thought that the reliability that the lease provides was more in tune with our needs than to purchase and whatever the production was, that was it. With the lease, they offer a little bit more confidence. The process was very simple. It was a matter of getting the approval, which was not difficult at all and they were able to approve it on the same day. They also explained one of the lease programs. There was a fixed payment for the full 20 years every month and it would not change and it would not go up. It was another reason why we didn't choose two of the other providers because they had something called a step program where the payments would go up every year. There were none of that shenanigans at all with SunLux. At first, I was reluctant to do the lease but once they explained to us the guarantees that they offer production-wise, then it made more sense.

The installation process began with the site inspection. The installers came and inspected the side and the roofing. They told us that we would benefit from a new roof because it was a 20 year lease and it would be costly to remove the panels when we were ready to do it. So we worked out an agreement on the roof situation and we purchased a new roof with one of their providers and they installed it.

The same week after the roof installation, they came and installed the solar panels. A week later, they came and installed the electrical components because we also needed an upgrade on the electrical panel. They installed the solar panel components next to the electrical panel and they upgraded our old panel. After that installation, a gentleman from SunLux came out and they did an overall inspection of the system before the city came out and inspect it. About two days after that, the same gentleman came in there with the inspector and the inspector approved the installation and we went online that same day.

Also, the project manager was great. The only thing with him was it was all phone calls but he was very available when we needed to discuss something and he made sure that everybody is out there when they were supposed to. But with the rep, it was person to person interaction. They came in and they explained the whole process. They even took me on the roof and showed how everything is going to be set up. They also asked where I wanted the conduits to run through. They were professional and the installation was very fast. They were there no more than six hours, everything was installed and then they were on their way.

Our house lends itself for the solar panels. They're only visible from one angle and they're not visible from the street. It's very concealed and it doesn't affect the visibility of the property. As far as the functionality, I don't get a bill until August but my light bill has already shown improvements. I'm saving about $40 to $50 a month but that's on an average. But during the summer months, the savings are very significant. I'll be referring SunLux because I'm upgrading.

SunLux's price was competitive and it was in-line with the other people that I had talked to, so I went with them. Their representative, Michael, was great and he kept in touch. It took a while for one of my other properties to sell and when the time came that I was ready, Michael was the guy who I called back. I've talked to other people but I liked him the best. I chose to pay through a prepaid lease which means I don't have any monthly payments. I couldn't pay cash because I don't pay taxes. Also, I'm retired and disabled, so it was the only way I could qualify for the $9000 rebates. I've been very happy with SunLux. And if I was going to get solar again, I would go with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?

I wanted to get rid of my electric bill so I thought of going solar. SunLux Energy has the best price among other companies. Their rep Joe came and showed me what he could do. He’s honest and he told me what I wanted to know too. I bought the solar panels. About seven installers showed up one morning around 7:00, and at 1:30, they were done. The team also cleaned up after themselves. I’ve had an excellent experience with SunLux Energy. It’s the thing of the future.

SunLux Energy had a good price and it is also is a big American company with a good reputation. I selected several other companies before. I contacted their guy Guillermo several times. He was a very nice and polite guy so I was very happy to be in contact with him. He visited my house, looked at it then we talked about the price several times until we finally got a good deal. Since the amount is not so big monthly, I bought it cash.

I recently installed the system and it's stable. The installation process was pretty good and done in two days. I didn’t have any problems afterwards. I’ve had them for three months now. Also, I asked them how I can see if my charges are going to minus. An example that it's not charging me even when my AC is working and the sun is shining. It’s important. They showed me how to see this on a special equipment. I can see that now and in all of these cases, I’m still in the plus. Their engineering calculated correctly how many panels I needed to install, 28 panels. I just told them I needed to make my bill zero because I am in retirement and I don’t have too much money every month.

I am in Palm Springs, an area where it’s 99% sunny. This is a very hot area and that’s why I decided to use solar. My air-condition works really often and still, I got the bill for $10 this month. But in October, November, December, January, February, March and even April, the air-conditioner will not be working but the sun would still be shining. I will be in the plus and all together, I will get some money. Overall they have great service and I will definitely recommend SunLux.

Ralph from Sunlux Energy was very professional and explained everything in detail. Pricing was the best after have received 2 quotes from other companies. Follow up thereafter was the best from the beginning till the system was turned on. I would recommend them to my friends.

I trust SunLux Energy because they are honest and have been in the business longer and they are a lot better than A1 Solar. They are great and very professional. I financed through credit union and the company helped me get the loan. The representative from SunLux is excellent and not pushy plus the installation process took only a day and a half. I paid $38,000 for 18 things on A1 Solar but SunLux put up a bunch of them for less the price.

My electric bill was staying at $900 a month so I thought of switching over to solar energy. We got a call from Sunlux Energy and we decided they're the company we wanted to go with. The representative we dealt with was a very nice young man. Whenever we asked him anything, we got an answer. The only problem we did have was when we asked if the remaining part of the roof that had to be replaced could be matched up with the same as the top of the roof as what they had put on, he did not give us a callback and he never got it done. But the installation team was very nice and pleasant. If they did not speak English, they stayed away from us. They let the ones who can speak in English do all the talking.

We financed the solar panels because, at that time, we didn't have the cash. And during the process of financing, everybody worked together very well. Overall, the service from SunLux was outstanding and cost-wise, it was reasonable. Also, whenever they decided to get things done, they were very polite. They cleaned up what they could that was possible to be cleaned up. When they left, the place was almost as clean as what it was whenever they got there.

We want to use the air conditioner. So with my anticipation that the electric bill was going to go higher I decided to go with solar energy. I had about five different people out here, and I wasn’t impressed with the description of how things would work and just how the layout was going to be. I ended up with SunLux because the SunLux salesman was a better salesman than the rest of them. He also was very helpful in telling us what the pros and cons were. I elected to go with a lease arrangement with SunLux and they worked fine throughout this process. We had follow-up from the city to come out and do the inspection and everything worked okay. The next thing I know, we were in operation.

I was also quite happy with the installation and the people I dealt with. They’ve done majority of the work one day and finished up the next. The only thing that they didn’t have when they came out was a circuit breaker to go on our main box. And I was a little surprised about that. The salesman that sold us the system took a picture and wrote down what we had. So I don’t know what the communication failure was there. I don’t have the first report yet about the usage but I've had two bills from Southern California Edison and both of them were low. In fact, that last one was $3 and some change. I've already recommended them to a couple of people but they're a little antsy on going to solar. So anybody that I can think of that might be interested, I want to present them with my bill and tell them SunLux is a good place to go.

SunLux Energy installed a complete solar panel system on my home. I am very pleased with them. They did everything they promised. They coordinated with the city and handled all permits and inspections. The installation was very clean. SunLux ran all the conduit through the attic. The panels are on my roof now and look great. It feels good to go solar. I would highly recommend SunLux to anyone.

The solar that I got from SunLux Energy was taken care of, it's working great, and the quality is excellent. SunLux's team was polite and they did a good job. They put drum mounts to install the panels. And since I wouldn't let them put the panels on my roof, they dug big holes on the ground with beams coming up and concreted them. The installation project manager tried to help me get my other house straightened out and he did. I feel good about the ones in my place and in the other house because I had to put 18 more panels on it.

I leased the panels through Sunrun and I pay $100 a month. It's not paying off now but when SunLux turns it on a year later and whatever the bill is leftover with energy my panels are putting out is $100 more than I'm using electric. That goes into a bank at Edison and they are gonna owe me money at the end of the year. I recommend SunLux.

Having a Solar Energy is the right thing to do and I don’t want to be burning fossil fuel. Also, in January 13th I had a stroke. I live in Southern California and it's now 110 degrees here. I am no longer working so I’m going to be using a great deal of energy. I didn’t want to have to pay a $250 electric bill every single month even though it’s going to take me 12, 14 or more years to break-even.

I decided to go with SunLux Energy because I wanted to own the solar panels, although I have to pay 8 cents per kilowatt-hour. I paid the panels in cash. A lot of other companies want me to lease it. Also, their price was very good. I really liked and trusted Ralph, who was the original salesman who came in. He seemed very honest and sincere. He wasn’t trying to take advantage of me and didn’t try to sell me anything over and above what I would need to fulfill my needs. He was also on time.

For the installation, the installer said he'd be here at 8:00 in the morning but he didn’t get here until noon. That's because they were on another job and can’t always predict going to the job so that didn’t bother me. Other than that, everything they did was neat and clean which was very important to me. They did not leave a bunch of saw, mallet, wedges or screws. They put the panels right where I expected it to be and when it was a little different, it was explained to me. The entire work crew did an excellent job.

I’m totally happy with what I have received and it's a long-term deal but so far, they’re working perfectly. As long as they keep on pumping out electricity for the next 30 years, I'm getting what I paid for. Although, the piping was supposed to be painted with the color of my house and it’s still bare piping. That hasn’t been finished. I did report it to Ralph and I’m not stressed out over this because I have a great deal of confidence in the entire group that it will be fixed. It just hasn’t been yet. If I get my pipes painted, then everything will be perfect. I would recommend SunLux without hesitation.

SunLux installed 29 solar panels on my home in Canyon Lake Calif. Mike has always any questions for us and even came to our home to go over the Edison bill. About 6 tiles was broken not by his installers. SunLux fixed them no charge. If l did move I would have SunLux install solar again. Thanks to you Mike and all the people at SunLux.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had solar for about eight months installed by SunLux Energy. Guillermo was the sales person and he answered all our questions. He beat all the competition. Our electric bill is around $9.25 a month. Last month SCE co sent us a check for about $54.00. His crew was outstanding.

We decided to get solar and spoke with a bunch of companies and we decided to go with SunLux Energy. We spoke with Michael and he was upfront and honest. Installation was quick and we were up and running in a few months. I highly recommend calling SunLux for your solar energy.

My salesperson was Mike. He is very knowledgeable, he was able to answer all my solar questions I had. Before I talked to SunLux I talked to other solar companies and I felt like I was buying a car, so much pressure, and with Mike I never felt like that. He didn't rush us into anything. They were very prompt and professional on installing my panels. I would highly recommend SunLux Energy for your solar needs.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Service was good. Paris and Guillermo were very helpful. Paris answered all of my questions and got back to me when he didn't know the answers. Also, the install on my roof was great. Elite Electric provided extra service when Edison and Theory of Fontana failed to turn my power on.

I did extensive research on residential solar systems before calling numerous companies. Most of the representatives I spoke to appeared to become uninterested when I started to ask too many questions. Most indicated that they would call me back to make an appointment. With the exception of 2 reps, most did not. Guillermo from SunLux was one rep that actually did come over and did a presentation. Guillermo answered most of my questions and explained in detail the pros and cons of purchasing or leasing a system. We were very impressed with his knowledge and expertise. He also quoted a very competitively priced system that was considerably lower than the other quote we received.

We ended up purchasing a solar system from SunLux. Guillermo provided frequent updates during the financing, funding and construction phases. We were so impressed with the whole process that we referred my in-laws to him. Even my father-in-law (who is hard to impress) purchased a system based on our experience. I would highly recommend SunLux to anyone wishing to install a solar system on their home.

Very professional company. Communication was awesome. I was referred by a neighbor and understand why. There are a lot of solar companies out there and by far this is the best one. Good pricing and great product. Thank you so much SunLux. I haven't had a bill except for like $5.00-10.00 since they have installed and I have a pool and 3,000 sq. ft. home.

Great service, good price, nice and very professional people! Guillermo is person who we got excellent deal. Very honest and professional. All work was done very fast and performed in excellent quality. I sincerely suggest select SunLux company for anybody who want to install solar system.

It's been a great experience from start to finish. We are now enjoying our lower electricity bills, and are excited to see how much we save this summer. Customer service has been excellent! Jorge ** explained everything in detail before trying to "sell" us anything.

SunLux was professional, fast, friendly and educational when wanting to switch to solar. The installation team was awesome and the work they did was 5 star. I would recommend going with them. Already after 2 weeks I see the system is working like it should. Thanks SunLux.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

SunLux installed solar on my house to perfection, as they advertised to me! It is with a heavy heart that I endorse this company! This is my first time doing such a review but with subject like solar I felt I needed to express my satisfaction!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The best solar company there is. Very professional in every way, very satisfied from start to completion, very informative, very professional. Very, very happy. I have spent 4 years researching solar companies and decided on SunLux for cost, support and professional quality.

SunLux made it easy to go solar. After shopping with 8 other companies, I was relieved to find people who made us feel comfortable with the process, answer each of our questions, and take care of the details. Smooth experience!

Had 34 panels installed by SunLux Energy, very courteous and fast. Was very pleased all around. They had them on and done within 3 days. We were up and running within 2 weeks. I would certainly recommend them if anyone asked.

Our neighbor’s best friend is one of the guys at SunLux Energy so we talked to him. He explained everything well and made us feel comfortable. He also had a really good deal for us and he made the process easy. Plus, the representative showed up on time and he explained things very clearly too. The rep was very attentive, as well. Every time I had a question or needed something from him and he couldn’t answer me immediately, he would call me right back. There was no waiting or no chasing him down. By that time, he was the eighth person I had met and his explanation was the best. I had been skeptical which is why I shopped around so much for over a year.

We financed our panels because I work in the rehab industry and I know that leasing seems good at first, but when you try to sell your house later on, it's a nightmare. And I didn’t want to do that. So they set up the HERO Program and then HERO gave us a call and approved us right then and there. The rep did everything for us and made it easy.

For the installation, the team did what they said they were going to do, and how they said they were going to do it. It ran like clockwork, whereas others, I've had problems with. I'm a property manager and with my properties, I've had times where the guys would find problems later on in the job. But with SunLux, they checked the roof thoroughly first so they knew what was what and what was needed. They took care of everything beforehand so that when installation day came, there were no surprises.

Now that it's completed, everything looks good so far. I've been watching it run backwards and when we ran the air vent for it, it seemed to be right about where we thought it would be as far as usage and credits goal for SCE. No surprises there so far. SunLux's service had been top notch. It went the way it was supposed to and compared to the other offers I had, they'd get an A plus. I'd tell people to go for it and I've already told my brother about it too.

I wanted to get ahead of the curve and I decided to go solar. Edison is increasing some of the rates and they're changing a lot of their rate structure. I still wanted to get onboard with the current net metering program. I've been involved with solar for some time now but recently decided it really makes sense. I work as a local rep with a company that finances all kinds of different energy efficiency products. I work with probably 10 different other solar companies. I chose SunLux because they are, by far, the best and most solid company and they have the best group of guys that I have ever worked with when it comes to solar. It's really the atmosphere of the people who run the company, their knowledge of solar and everything that they could provide from start to finish. It's more of a professional experience that I have.

I have a lot of rapport with the SunLux guys so I trust them to do the job correctly and the specific rep that came out did an excellent job. I trusted him in building the system and putting together the right price. Everything they did was great from start to finish. The installation process was extremely good. The guys came out, arrived around 9:00 in the morning, laid everything out and got the whole job installed and done. It took about five hours tops and they cleaned up everything after they are done. They swept my driveway, picked up all the trash and did a full lock through front and backyard to make sure every piece of scrap and everything was picked up and they literally left the property cleaner than what it was when they arrived.

SunLux's cost for their quality of service is second to none. I financed the panels with the PACE Financing, which means Property Assessed Clean Energy. It allows me to finance an energy efficient product, such as solar, onto my property tax bill, so that I don’t have to take out a personal loan for the job. I get to finance it as a special assessment on my property taxes and repay it that way as well.

SunLux is probably the most trustworthy guys in the business. They’ve been doing it a long time, they know what they're doing and know how to run a good and solid business. Anybody that’s looking to go solar should really consider using them amongst any of the other local companies. There's a bunch of local companies and larger companies, but when it comes to somebody that does it right, you can't find a better company than SunLux Energy. I highly recommend them and I wouldn't recommend anybody more than them.

SunLux Energy Company Profile