Call toll free
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At Sunlux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how Sunlux can help you start saving money!

Sunlux Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

274 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 28, 2019

I have just received my “PERMISSION TO OPERATE” from Southern California Edison confirming that my “Self-Generation Facility is Interconnected to SCE's Electric Grid”, ie my solar system can now export energy to the SCE grid and I get credit for it. This project started about 4 months ago when I finally settled on choosing SunLux Energy to install a Solar Energy System. Having talked to and discarded several companies before, I was impressed by what SunLux had to offer: a top quality system, very flexible configurations, multiple options, battery backup, and a great warranty covering roof leaks as well as their equipment. The SunLux Sales Representative, Ben **, was as pleasant as he was professional.

Working from a few typical SCE monthly statements he came up with a configuration that would produce my average electric consumption plus a safety margin, along with a battery backup component to keep our choice of devices powered on in case of a power outage. The equipment itself is made by SolarEdge, an excellent solar energy products manufacturer, and by LG. The decision was easy, the mantle was passed to the Project Manager, Raul **, who promptly set up an installation schedule which the installation crew stuck to. This crew was very professional and very diligent. 27 panels were installed in one day even though my roof is of an unconventional metal type. (Since the installation was completed we had a strong wind event and a couple of very stormy days with an unusual amount of rain; but no leaks and not a single panel budged.)

At the completion of the installation, the mantle was passed to the SunLux Customer Service Manager, Garrett **, who managed the setup, testing, monitoring and transfer of the system to me. To me, the quality of a system has as much to do with the quality of support as with the system itself. Working with Garrett was, and continues to be, a real pleasure. He is always available, he is patient, he responds to issues very promptly, often before I’m even aware that there is an issue. He also guided the application to get the system interconnected to the SCE grid, which was finally approved last week. I am very happy with my SunLux system and would strongly recommend SunLux to anybody in the market for a top notch solar energy system.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

After interviewing over half a dozen solar companies, we kept going back to SunLux. Tracy ** was great from the beginning, upfront and not pushy like some of the other companies. Always responded to my questions or concerns throughout the entire process. We installed a fair amount of panels, which was installed in 2 days. Workers were on time, professional, and always kept me in the loop regarding the process. Final inspection happened within a few days after installation. After Tracey, we dealt with Emma who was our project manager, who was also great to work with. Always communicated clearly with us and was helpful during the final steps.

Markie and Garret took care of us after our final inspection. After the second day of our panels being on, we experienced a glitch due to new inverters being installed. I got on the phone with Markie and Garret and the next day they both drove out to our home to fix the problem. They stayed on the phone with the company for over 2 hours until the problem was fixed. After two weeks of having solar panels we found birds nesting under our panels. We called Markie and they are installing a critter guard at the end of the month. SunLux made this a lot easier than what we anticipated after reading all the other horror stories on other solar review sites. If you are in the process of searching for a solar company, Sun Lux is the way to go.

Teddy,

Thank you for the great of Sunlux. We are glad that you enjoyed work with Emma and Tracy and look forward to meeting your solar needs for the next 25 years.

Customer Service Manager.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I'm very green and I know that in 2020 all the rebuilds and remodels are gonna have to go solar. So, I think that I'd get ahead of the game and I've always been curious about solar. I've got a few friends that have had it. I picked the company initially through Costco, but they were trying to push a battery. It was just gonna be so involved and I kept saying that I do not want a battery. Then, one Sunday morning several months ago, while I was listening to a radio program that has everything about houses, remodeling and decorating, they had SunLux in there for two hours and they were talking about solar.

They were so transparent and their explanations were very clear. I thought of having them come out and give me a bid. The whole experience was very positive and I liked the salesman. My interactions with them were easy and accessible. I didn’t have to run around trying to call them and I was able to get a hold of somebody. The first guy that came out was Tracy. He was a very nice guy and he spent a lot of time with me and went over everything. I'm very happy with him. I also spoke with Liz. She was the project manager and I did most of my contact with her through email. She kept me abreast on how it was going and when they submitted the plans to the city. Everything went smoothly and I ended up buying the panels because I've heard that when you lease them, it kinda gets a little weird when you sell. The installation was in one day.

We have 100 amp PAL and I was told that they would not charge me if it needed to be upgraded to 200. So, after the installation, I was trying to do some DIY stuff and putting in a new light fixture and changing out some light switches, I turned off the main but when I tried to turn it back on, it kept tripping. This happened two different times and the last time, I just could not get it to stay on. So, I called out an electrician who came out at 7 o’clock at night. He was a con artist so I sent him back. The next day, I had an actual legal licensed electrician come out and he said that the panel wasn’t graded for solar. He said that SunLux probably knew about it, but they let it slide. Today, I talked to Derrick who's in customer service and he said that they can upgrade now for $1,500. I told him that I was initially told that it would be a free upgrade if needed. Other than that, I'm really happy with SunLux.

Donna,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. Batteries can be a little tricky and if you ever decide to get one give us a call and we can explain all the perks.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I interviewed 5 solar companies before I decided on SunLux. They were the only company who would show me their contract before I decided to buy from them. Their salesperson, Ryan **, continued to answer my questions and thoroughly explained my options in purchasing the equipment. Also, Sunlux is located in the State of California where I live. Many of the companies have salespersons here, but the Company itself is located out of State. That is horrible if you have any disputes with those Companies as you have to go tho their State to resolve any legal differences. Sunlux was quick to supply me with their license and insurance information. Sunlux gave me a twenty-five (25) year parts and labor guarantee. The other companies only wanted to give twenty-five years on the panels but 10 years on the labor. This was very important to me as inverters normally need to be replaced after 10 to 11 years.

The electrical inspector had signed off on their work. However, a second inspector stated some additional work had to be done on the 220 panel they installed. As soon as I contacted them, even though the permit had been approved, Sunlux was there to go the extra mile and follow the suggestion of the second electrical inspector. The stucco work done on the house initially did not blend in to the rest of the wall on the side of the house. Sunlux made sure their contractor came out again and feathered the stucco work to blend in with the remainder of the wall. I have worked with contractors on improvements to my home and I have to say they are the most reliable contractor I have dealt with -- especially after they had received their final payment!

I was also impressed with the fact once I told them what other solar companies were offering - they made sure to investigate and bring to the table any extras other companies were giving as additional perks to sign... In summary, Sunlux stands behind their product and I greatly appreciate receiving an electrical bill of $12.50 for the hottest month of the year. Solar was a good choice and Sunlux is the right company to spend your dollars with.

Gina,

Thank you for the awesome review of Sunlux! We are glad that you enjoyed working with Ryan and he explained all the benefits of going solar. If you have any questions about the production of the system please don't hesitate to call and thank you for choosing Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I worked in the water side end of the power plants for 32 years and they started putting in big sun panels. The local radio guy had three of the four owners of SunLux come into the studio and they impressed me as well as the radio announcer to the point where he bought the panels. I looked at three different outfits and one of them advertises nationally and the guy who came over told me that they would get right back to me because he didn’t have the exact bid amount but he never called back.

I liked the way that SunLux followed through and their rep was the best. They did a heck of a good job. They did it quick and cleaned up but they didn’t cross the T and dot the I. They crossed a little 220-volt with some 110, so it blew it up my AC and some small kitchen appliances. They said they would get an AC guy from Home Depot or where the other one had it and to send them the bill. They were good about it and signed off on that stuff. However, with the AC with a $1,300 circuit board in the past summer, they told me to send them the bill. There was some confusion with H&R HVAC. Back in July, when SunLux was sending the check to them for the stuff they repaired, they seemed to have moved. Also, R&R still haven’t received the check. They said they would call when they do.

I tried to get in the middle of it, and I finally got so frustrated, I told SunLux to handle it. I haven’t talked to them in about a week. The work that they did was spectacular and you wouldn’t even know they changed out the electrical panel. The clean-up was very good for contractors. Other than the final bill that they owe R&R, we’re good to go. I would like to see them finish up and also, I need a manual for the control panel and a warranty. I was into instrumentation and computers, and I’m looking at this thing but I can’t figure it out. SunLux was good except for their office help. If they can clean up their office, I would recommend them with no problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: July 21, 2019

SunLux provided a quality system at a competitive price that was tailored to our requirements. We need roof work as part of the project. SunLux proposed a reasonable repair/upgrade rather than try to sell a whole new roof like other bidders.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Our experience with Sunlux was great. Our initial consult with Tracy was scheduled promptly and I was seriously impressed with his level of knowledge and ability to answer all of my questions. The system was designed and sized exactly as I wanted and meets the needs of our current and expanding family. The install team was professional and courteous. I did have to monitor them a bit more than I had wanted to ensure everything was done to my exacting standards but in the end it turned out great. It has been a month and the production is right on track. I am already saving money! It was a great experience from start to finish.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Installed 15 panels with no battery backup. Have a difficult roof and Sunlux was very careful and successfully completed the installation. The presale support was excellent and felt that my requirements were carefully considered and am confident that I received the proper system.

Original review: July 2, 2019

The pricing is fair and below others we spoke with. The installation was quick and faultless due to their pros. Customer service has been very responsive and helpful. The is one of the best home improvements we have done. We highly recommend SunLux.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Getting solar is a process. SunLux explained the process and we went forward with the installation of solar. They always kept us informed and kept all appointments. We are very pleased and would hire again. Our system works great and we are now saving money. Thank you.

Cheryl,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. We are glad that your system works great and is meeting all your energy needs.

Sunlux expert review by Zachary Shahan

This company can handle everything from site evaluation and paperwork and installation to maintenance—locations in California, Texas, Nevada and Arizona. For over 20 years, they have focused on helping consumers save money but pinpointing their properties exact energy needs.

• Installation process: Upon signing a contract, SunLux will do a site evaluation, measuring your roof and conduct a shading study. Once the evaluation is complete, its team of engineers will design a system that fits your property and send it to you for approval. They will handle all permits that are needed through your city and once the proper permits are obtained, they will install your system. Finally, SunLux will do a final inspection with the city manager to check for proper installation.

• Leasing options: SunLux Energy partners with solar leasing programs and offers leasing options for people paying over $100 per month on their energy bills. Its customers who use a leasing program save over 30% on their energy bills and an average of $500 by the end of the first year.

• Financing options: SunLux Energy partners with finance companies to offer financing for its energy systems. No down payment is required and you can choose between 5- to 25-year terms. Additionally, financing your system earns you a 30-percent tax credit and allows you to own your own solar panels, which has an average return on investment of 20 percent.

• Commercial project development: SunLux Energy works with commercial clients in the state of California to maximize energy savings and return on investment. Its engineers work with your company during the design phase to develop customized energy solutions for your business.

• Qualification: Interested customers can visit the SunLux website and fill out a form with their basic information and the amount of their average electric bill to see if they qualify to switch to solar energy.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

SunLux Energy Company Information