Call toll free
4.84/5
Based on 193 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At Sunlux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how Sunlux can help you start saving money!

Sunlux Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

211 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

We were putting in a pool and our bills were high, and I thought that going with solar energy was a good way to save money over time. I wanted very specific solar panels and it's either LG, SunPower, Panasonic, or SunLux. I read online the comments about SunLux's service, and they carried Panasonic which was really my first choice in panels. The interactions I had with SunLux's reps were great. We were in the middle of a major project putting in a swimming pool and an outdoor kitchen, and SunLux's reps were on time and they worked better than I expected because they didn’t have to cut my driveway which I thought they’d have to do, and they found a way to do it. I was very pleased with their communication and the time limit of what they did. They also kept me informed of everything they were doing, cleaned up after themselves well, and got everything done. I highly recommend SunLux.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My electric bill was too high so I decided to go with solar energy. I looked at a couple of different providers and SunLux was the one that my wife and I settled on. The rep did a good job of spelling everything. We started leasing the solar panels but we have the option to buy them if we want. The installation process went very smooth and the project manager who handled it did a good job. He came back and fixed some broken tiles afterward. Once the panels were installed, it has been pretty smooth. I got the online piece now with my profile to pay. I would recommend SunLux.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Truly an exceptional company. From beginning to end it is top notch service and quality. I researched over a dozen companies until I ultimately decided on SunLux. They strive for perfection and perfection is what you’ll get! Very impressed and would highly recommend SunLux!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I decided to go with solar energy to save money on my electric bill. I financed my solar panels from SunLux and their sales rep named Ben was great, professional, and patient. I felt very comfortable working with SunLux. The project manager took care of the installation well and so far, I’ve had no complaints. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I’ve had solar energy about 10 years with my prior home. I have a home that I moved into a year and a half ago and I decided to go solar again. SunLux seemed to be confident and the salesman knew what he was talking about. I had a little hiccup with the installers though. SunLux would send the guys out there unequipped with some of the stuff. So, they had to make runs to Home Depot and stuff like that, so I tried to explain to them what entailed because I’m in the installation department end of another security company and I know what goes on. And when I tried to let them know upfront, they didn’t listen. But other than that, everything went smooth. The final product also seemed to be good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: June 10, 2018

Our sales rep was Mark **. He was friendly and attentive, and we really were glad we gave the business to him. Throughout the process we were kept updated about what was going on with permits, etc. Sarah ** was very nice to work with, and handled all of our HOA stuff. Getting the loan to finance was easy and quick. The only thing I am upset about is that I was forced to open an account with Los Angeles Federal Credit Union. I really didn't want to, and will have to close it after our loan is paid off. Installation was good and seamless. Follow-up after was good. Now just hoping to save some money with this commitment to solar. Thank you SunLux!

Original review: May 31, 2018

In less than 45 days Sunlux answer all questions I had about a solar system and offered me the best deal. I checked with 4 other companies and Sunlux came up on top. They were very professional and efficient. My system was up and running before the time they projected.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Our electricity was $250 a month and my decision to go solar was a good idea. My husband has a shop in the back and even though he tells me he’s not using any electricity, he’s got 220 back there and all sorts of stuff. So, I know it’s not his fault, but it didn’t hurt at all. SunLux Energy showed up and set a time. The guys were punctual and I liked that. They said they would be there and they were. Some of the other ones were late and couldn’t make it or had a previous appointment. The representative I worked with was nice and gave us all the information that we needed. He and my husband discussed a bunch of options, what we should do and how we should do it. So, we picked a program and we went with him.

The installation process was absolutely fabulous and all we had to do was say that they come at a certain time and they would come. We didn’t have to do anything. We just had to be available so, it was very painless. They called, showed up, measured and got the permits. They installed everything that they said they would and cut the cement because they had to put something underneath it and they filled it back in. When I called and said the cement wasn’t filled in, the guys were there the next day. Also, there was a gal who would call me almost every day and kept me informed. She would say what they were doing that day, where they stand and where they were at. They told me they have started with the permits and waiting for the city. Since going solar, power usage has been way down, the Edison bill is really low and we really like it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

After long and disheartening research and shopping for a solar system for my house, I heard from a friend/builder about SunLux then began hearing ads on the radio. I called, they responded with clear answers. I felt like they were sincere and honest. There were a couple of other companies I felt were good also, but I chose this one. The system is up and running as of yesterday. I watched the installation and feel very satisfied with their work. The office and engineering side seemed good. They kept in touch and kept me well informed. I highly recommend them.

Original review: May 19, 2018

SunLux Energy offered really good warranty and I just felt better going with them. They weren't the cheapest compared to the rest but they were right there with the least expensive. Even though the other companies afterwards came back and said they could meet the same warranty, but at that point, you figure, "Why didn't they offer it right from the start?" The reps were very helpful. They would ask me if I had any questions and so forth. I've heard stories about people having to call and try to get answers or for them to come out there but SunLux did what they promised. I was a little surprised. I spoke to several people there and they were all polite and willing to help. They gave me a schedule about how long it would take to get certain things done. I figured it would probably take a little more time to get permits from the city and so forth, but no.

They came in to do the initial drawings to design it. They said it would take a few days to do that which it did. They sent me the plans to get approved and approved them. The initial salesperson looked at the control panel, the service panel and so forth, so they figured there wasn't going to be any problems. The guy showed up for installation with all the tools and just climbed up there and started putting the frame in. Everything went smooth and was done in a very timely manner. I'm very satisfied with going solar.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Very knowledgeable Sales Guy, big shout out to Bill ** for the detailed explanation. Good price for solar installation. Installation is superb, it was done literally in one day. Very fast!!! Very satisfied customer, the whole process was done professionally from the start (sales) done to installation. Overall, a very good experience dealing with SunLux and I highly recommend them.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Our electricity consumption almost doubled through the summertime after we decided to put an in-ground pool in the backyard. So to help offset the cost of electric payments, we decided to go solar. Though Sherry, the SunLux Energy rep who was walking through the neighborhood, was a fairly new salesperson, she was very knowledgeable of what the company had to offer and the pros and cons of solar. And I liked how she represented the company and the answers she had to my questions.

My wife and I figured that if we made lump sums and pay the panels off sooner, we would own them outright rather than just leasing it. And financing them was a relatively easy process and we signed most of the documents via DocuSign on an iPad. Then we had 27 panels put on so the installation ended up being a two-day process. The installers' workmanship was good quality and I was impressed with their way of doing things. And once I could see that the electricity I was producing completely offset what we use, the more favorable I would be of SunLux.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I wanted to lower my bills and decided to go solar. SunLux appealed to me more than anybody else. I liked the way they presented their self and the offer that they gave me. The representative I worked with was good. But the company itself has been working on energizing my solar for way too long. It should have been up and running by now. It has been over a month and it's still not working. They installed it and it's been waiting on a part now that should have been corrected on Friday. And nobody's called me. I got to call them and find out what's going on there. But other that, SunLux has been good. The installation was quick and easy, and the installers were good, really knowledgeable, courteous and professional.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I waited and waited and glad I finally went with SunLux. Fast, efficient, professional. Don't wait, call them today. They gave a thorough explanation of the process, did what they said, and delivered what was promised. Can't wait till it's 100 outside and I am sitting cool and relaxed.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I liked what SunLux offered and it was kind of a one-stop-shop in the warranty. They gave me a comfort that the other seven companies that I looked at did not. The cost was in line for what they offered. And I've had fantastic interactions with their representatives. It feels like family, which is a rare thing. The sign-up process was good and the installation was amazing. The installers were done in four hours and I've never seen anything like it. I had the solar panels financed. And I went financing because I wanted the value to my home. I wanted to pay it off and offer free energy for the next person who buys my home.

Original review: May 12, 2018

SunLux did a good job with my solar installation. They were prompt and clean. The only issue came when Sunlux sent someone for the inspection who did not know enough to satisfy the inspector. I have recommended Sunlux to friends and neighbors.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My experience with SunLux was amazing. I have a very inefficient house that is about 30 years old and that has original windows and air conditioning. My electric bill was anywhere from $500 to $600 a month. I got a call one day from SunLux and I've had several calls from solar people but I finally decided to let SunLux come out and I'd see what they would say. And what they presented me was a way to cover at least 90% of the electric bill and would save probably half of the payment of what I was paying to Edison, so I gave it a shot. It took a little while because there were some hoops to jump through but we've been up and running now and everything seems to be working well.

The SunLux representative who came out was really good. He was polite and explained a lot of things to me. I had so many questions like, "How does it really work, What's the difference between leasing and buying the system, and What are the benefits either way?" He was able to explain all that stuff to me and I'm very happy that we've made the decision. I'm leasing the solar panels. Otherwise, with the amount of panels I have, financing would've been pretty spendy. And that loan would probably cost more than what the lease is costing me right now depending on the potential. Also, I was swayed towards the lease because if they see something wrong, they'll send somebody out and everything will be taken care of instead of being on my own if I financed it.

The installation was good. The city gave us a little bit of a hard time as far as the location of some stuff. SunLux turned in the plans to the city, and the city approved them. SunLux installed the panels just the way the plan said they were going to but when the inspectors came out, they had their own ideas of what should be happening. And luckily after it failed the second inspection, one of the guys from SunLux went to the city with the plans and talked to the person who approved them and all that stuff was washed out and it made the approval. The final product looks great and it seems to be working well. I would highly recommend SunLux. They were able to explain things to me. If someone's gonna take a little while and as long as they're upfront and let me know it's gonna take a while then, I can deal with that. SunLux didn't make any false promises and everything seems to be working the way they said it would.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We wanted to wait until we felt the technology was up to snuff and the high electrical energy prices in California finally forced us to go solar. We like the gentleman from SunLux who came out and provided us with the information, the made in the USA panels they offered, and also the warranty. The gentleman kept us informed all the time which they did all the way. Leasing is not a good option for solar. We had the solar panels financed, and it was fairly easy. We were declined by the first people but then the salesman got us another one right away. So, it wasn't bad at all. The installers were here one day. We thought it'd be two but they got it all in one. They had to delay it once due to weather but other than that, it was fine and they went through easily. We're pleased with the product so far. SunLux was very professional. They made it really easy for us to get through the whole process.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I wanted to lower energy cost for the long term and SunLux was good with their competitive bids. Also, their salesman Ben wasn't trying too hard to sell things but gave good information. I was impressed with his demeanor and he answered our questions as well as he could. The sign-up process was fine and I purchased in full cash because of the big financial savings.

The installation process was good except for one primary area of concern that was handled at the end. In our agreement, we had requested a certain model of inverter. But when the time came for the install, a different model was brought and it was a smaller one. So we had to contact SunLux and make arrangements for the roofs and the model to be installed. In the end, the results are great. And so, I would certainly recommend SunLux but make sure that you do your own homework, you know what your needs are, and you check through during the install process to make sure everything is as determined from the agreement.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We've been thinking about going solar for some time, but a combination of the outlook for the out-of-pocket expense to do it, the uncertainty about the technology and what the net results was actually going to be, kept me on the sideline from kind of an analytic. And we reached the point where having heard some good reference to SunLux, a couple of the advertisements, and the people doing it, combined with watching our utility expenses rise, I finally said, "Now is the time that we need to take a good heart to look at it."

I was very pleased with Adam, the SunLux rep I worked with. I had made a call and we had a little bit of rescheduling issue and he had been very flexible in being able to get to the house when we were able to do it. His presentation was pretty low-key, but also get all the questions that I had and in a manner that I appreciated. Adam was the one that maintained constant contact and updated all the way through the process, which was also appreciated. We're doing a lease on our solar panels. I'm a certified financial planner and so, I had taken a look at the two alternatives and I like the idea of doing the lease better. And that's worked out being very psychically appropriate.

The installation went very smoothly. We're fortunate that our roof line is such that we had one flat surface. They didn't have to go around any multiple angles as I've seen on some roofs. But the crew was here at exactly the time they said they were gonna be, which was an 8:00 AM. They were here at 8:01 and they had the installation completed by quarter to 5:00. Everything was complete, wired, and connected. There was a little bit of painting that had to be done to the conduit to match the house color. One gentleman came back the next day and completed that. We're very happy after the installation. I'd tell my friends that if they have any thoughts of going solar, give SunLux a call because they would be very forthcoming in telling them if it was appropriate for my friends and what the numbers would be.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My electric bill for three months during the summer ranges about $800 to $900 a month. And I had researched where I looked into the systems quite a bit. I had a company that came in and they offered solar. They also offered the security system, which I got. But their solar was a little outrageous and I couldn't afford it. There were three in my neighborhood who got solar and they told me who they got. I spoke to a SunLux representative and the price that he offered was great, and about four times less than the original one, so I decided to go that route. The representative was very knowledgeable, professional, and upfront in telling me what I was gonna get and how long it was gonna take. And everything that he mentioned fell into the right cycle.

SunLux stayed in touch with us on the steps that it was gonna take place and they kept us informed until it actually happened. I bought the solar panels. I know people that have leased it and now, they wish they would have bought it because they don't get the tax credit, and not so much with the tax credit, but they seem to be paying more monthly and then not getting the savings that they would be getting on electricity. The installation process went from cycle to cycle. When they originally came out, they told me that they were gonna come in, do the inspection on the roof, check my attic, and see if the roof needed a replacing or anything that might change due the installation. And they said that they were gonna go to the city, first of all, and get the permits and also work with Edison, the electric people, and get the documents that were required to go to solar. And then, once they did that and the permits came through, they gave me an installation date.

They came in, put the electricity in, and put the solar panels on. The inspector came and took a look at it. And then shortly thereafter, they said I couldn't go online and so Edison get the changeover, which happened. And in between that, they came and restock all the area where they had to cut out in order to put the new electrical box. And then two weeks ago, we got noticed if we would be going online. Everything was smooth.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I went with SunLux Energy to keep my Edison bill at a constant rate rather than fluctuating so much. SunLux's people were all very personable, so it made you feel good to go with them. They were knowledgeable about their products and the presentation was well done. One of the key things of getting them was the fact that the people that installed the panels were roofers, so I know they wouldn't just be going up there putting solar panels if they know roofing.

The representative had a lot of follow through. He was prepared. He had the facts and figures when we tried to figure out our bills and how much we needed. He didn't oversell us but he didn't undersell us so that we would be covered. We've had a little more than what we needed. However, when we talked to somebody and when somebody else called or showed up, there were big gaps in between. Moreover, we leased the panels because we couldn't afford to buy them. We just filled up the credit and it got approved. Before they did the installation, they told us that it would take longer but they were done before that. We already told others about SunLux Energy. In fact, our neighbors are signing up.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I was tired of being ripped off by the utility company so I decided to go with solar energy. We financed solar panels from SunLux. They got the best warranty in the business which was why I went with them. It's a bumper to bumper warranty for 25 years which nobody else offers. It was a pretty sweet deal. When we were signing up, their reps were all good. They gave us the answers to anything that we wanted to know. Their installers came in and laid it out in two days. It got approved and they got them running in three days. It was absolutely amazing. SunLux was decent, honest and reputable. They were speedy, clean and quick. It’s hard to find that kind of service these days. Their performance record from start to finish was impeccable. They’re the best company in the business to go with.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I wanted to go for solar energy to cut down on my electric bill cost. I reached out to SunLux and they have very good rating. They were very, professional, straightforward and explained the process. Their rep, Ben, presented the project to me upfront -- what I will pick to get it done and as far the process they coordinate all the paperwork with the city, like the permits and the upfront cost of going through their lender so I don't have to worry about all that stuff.

They call and follow up and provide me what I need to know like when the people were coming out, the timeline and schedule. It was precise and clear. We financed the panels as we were looking for long run in terms of owning the system outright after the 15-yr loan. We looked at the competitor or current electric bill versus paying the loan and the latter had a big favor for us. They provided the lender and we just filled out the application, the PDF document via internet. That process was painless. We didn't have to go to any office and I didn't have to do much at all. We just sent the document through from the lender and it was quick.

When they received the panel and the city approved they came in and did the installation within a day and a half or two days. And they repaired any roof tile damage within that time line. It went pretty well and we were happy with it. The project manager who handled our installation process also did very well. She kept me up to date and followed up what was my satisfaction on the project. I told her I was very satisfied. And I called to follow up a couple of things which came different as I expected. They looked at it and they fixed it. It was very, very good and it transitioned very well.

It was a good deal cost-wise. I looked at a couple options, three options, leasing and different place and they came out -- they are competitive and I'm very happy with it. They explained to me what I'll be paying to the Edison maybe like $10 a month roughly. And so far pretty much in line with what they explain to me. I recommend them. I provided the name to the representative and he went and spoke with my neighbor.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I considered getting solar energy to mitigate the rising cost and SunLux offered the best deal in terms of pricing and service. I saw their reps at Costco and I sent them a request and they basically came by, gave me a quote that made sense and we went from there. I was very impressed by Fernando's knowledge about the process. He was very upfront and I had quotes done prior where companies came in with one pricing and then they try to up charge on certain items and I told them I was not going to do it if they do the same thing to me. And he said not to worry and they'll take care of it.

I said, "Just keep in mind if you change later on during install I'm going to pull my order." And so he understood and paid exactly what I signed up for. I leased the panels and that was part of my deal that I wanted to have nothing out of pocket and this way company Sunrun owns the equipment they maintain it. My system's up and running and I've been monitoring the production and it's pretty good. The project manager was right on top. Every time I called she was able to answer my questions.

I didn't know that the installation crew were going to install the monitoring equipment on the outside of the house and I had them change it on the fly and they did. They took care of it at that time and resubmitted the permits. And I like the cost of the service. It has dropped hopefully as summer approaches here in Southern California, I'll find out what the actual impact is but so far so good. SunLux took care of the whole transaction. It was pretty painless and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I went solar for the savings, and SunLux Energy was less expensive than the other providers so I went with them. The reps were very good on the initial part of the follow through, but on the second half of the installation, the communication faltered. My installation experience was okay but it wasn't installed as agreed upon. The installers ran wiring that wasn't supposed to be run on the roof when they had told me it would be done inside the attic. So, that was disappointing. They didn't resolve it and just said that they made a mistake. I've only had SunLux a few months, and I'm kind of torn whether or not I would tell a friend about them. I probably wouldn't at this point.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The solar install was done nicely. Aesthetically pleasing. Installed in a timely manner. Service reps were great and friendly. The service response times were timely. They did a clean and thorough job. I would recommend them to install solar to anyone.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Our electric bill was so high and we heard a lot of people that we knew who went with SunMaxx and SolarMax. And SunLux was fantastic. We financed the panels. Everybody that we dealt with was awesome and it's the best experience I've ever had in my life. Everything from start to finish was excellent. Our electric bill used to run from $300 to $700 a month during the summer times. Last month, it was $15 and $18 the month before. It's unbelievable. Every time someone mentions solar, I tell them about SunLux.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Solar energy is a better choice and is cleaner. I was getting a hold of bunch of companies and the rep of SunLux was a lot better and they gave me the best price for my buck. Every time I text the rep he texts me back. He's professional at all times. I financed my solar panel. I didn't want to lease because I don't want the buyers to be turned off because I have something that I'm leasing that they might not want and they have to take responsibility.

The kind of people during the installation were professional. They did it within a day so I was happy. However, I wish there is an easier way to monitor my solar panels because they send me an email and I got to link the email instead of telling me that they have an app which will let me monitor my solar panels from wherever I'm at. But the cost of the service is affordable.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We had a good feeling towards SunLux. I researched a lot of the product myself and a lot of companies couldn't give me the items that I wanted and only two companies were able to do it. And I was able to find the most efficient product available. I dealt with the company's engineering department and pulling the permits they were dealing with the electric company. The electricians that came out pulled all the wiring in the outside be'cause the house was already built. And I have a custom house and they were willing to do the extra mile. We even put a new circuit board. Their electrical department and the electricians did an awesome job because it was not only solar that they did. We also set it up so I can put in a swimming pool electric and a spa

Sunlux expert review by Zachary Shahan

SunLux Energy has over 20 years of experience in installing quality solar energy systems and components. Understanding switching to renewable solar energy can be expensive, It focuses on helping consumers save money but pinpointing their properties exact energy needs. Whether you’re a homeowner wanting to make the switch to renewable energy or a Californian commercial property or business owner, SunLux Energy will work with you to develop a system to meet your properties needs.

• Installation process: Upon signing a contract, SunLux will do a site evaluation, measuring your roof and conduct a shading study. Once the evaluation is complete, its team of engineers will design a system that fits your property and send it to you for approval. They will handle all permits that are needed through your city and once the proper permits are obtained, they will install your system. Finally, SunLux will do a final inspection with the city manager to check for proper installation.

• Leasing options: SunLux Energy partners with solar leasing programs and offers leasing options for people paying over $100 per month on their energy bills. Its customers who use a leasing program save over 30% on their energy bills and an average of $500 by the end of the first year.

• Financing options: SunLux Energy partners with finance companies to offer financing for its energy systems. No down payment is required and you can choose between 5- to 25-year terms. Additionally, financing your system earns you a 30-percent tax credit and allows you to own your own solar panels, which has an average return on investment of 20 percent.

• Commercial project development: SunLux Energy works with commercial clients in the state of California to maximize energy savings and return on investment. Its engineers work with your company during the design phase to develop a customized energy solutions for your business.

• Qualification: Interested customers can visit the SunLux website and fill out a form with their basic information and the amount of their average electric bill to see if they qualify to switch to solar energy.

• Best for: individual property owners looking for a customized solar energy solution.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan

Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

SunLux Energy Company Information