toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was trying to save myself some money on electricity bill that is from Edison. The sales guy from SunLux Energy helped me get that started. He first approached me from another company and then somehow they messed up and it caused issues. Then he switched companies and he kept in contact. He finally got us set up to install the solar and it was all positive on his part. The installation went fine. They came in, did ground rounds, and installed all the electrical panels and stuff on the side of my house. And as soon as they got it up and running, it was good. SunLux definitely lowered my bill a lot and I would recommend them. Everybody was pretty informative and friendly when I needed to get questions answered.

The SunLux Energy reps were the most knowledgeable and were easy to work with. Plus, SunLux was able to offer me a lease option. I contacted at least a dozen other companies and have meet with them, and everybody wanted me to buy a system and they didn't really want to offer a lease. The rep that I had from SunLux was great. He sent me any information I needed and answered any of my questions straightforward. He was the best by far of all the people I talked to in the solar business. The installation process went very smoothly. It took a little longer than we expected, but the installation itself was right to the point. They did a great job and finished it in about a day. We just got our first bill and SunLux was definitely worth the money. I was trying to lower my cost over my Edison bill and SunLux accomplished that by far. I would definitely use them again and also recommend them to friends and neighbors.

To save money on my electric bills, I thought of going with a solar energy. SunLux Energy helped me make sure I got finance on everything so we went with them and we got everything taken care of quick and easy. The representatives came to my house, explained everything thoroughly and worked with me in all the details. They gave me the ins and outs of everything and took care of it. We were able to work with a program that worked well for me, which is the HERO program. The installation guy came out and installed everything. It took him a couple of days to take care of the installation. He did all the paperwork with the permits and everything was done very well. It was worth it so far, everything is working, so we'll see with the bills how they come up. I had a very good experience and I would recommend them to anybody.

I am very happy with my SunLux Solar System installed at my home in Corona, CA in July 2017. SunLux literally handled everything. Their representative visited me and presented what systems could be installed. That was soon followed with an on-site visit by the professional installers to determine the specifics of the install. A specification document was then presented to us. All of the numbers were clearly laid out in an understandable way. The installation was completed in one day. The installers came, installed and left my property clean. The install boss spoke to me and explained what was done and what would follow.

Inspection and approval followed and the system was turned on. SunLux’s representative was available to answer questions at all times. Their project coordinator handled the paperwork. Documents were emailed to me to review, discuss and sign and email back. She was available to give me the status of the process at all times or would take to steps to clarify what was not known. Very helpful and knowledgeable. All contacts with SunLux were professional and courteous. I would have SunLux do it again and I would recommend them to other homeowners.

My son got solar energy from SunLux and had a very good business experience with them so I decided to go with them too. We financed the solar panels and the representatives were very polite, clean and prompt. We enjoyed every bit of our interaction with them. The installation team took a total of three days to install the solar panels. They rewired our whole house as far as electrical, and that took a bit of time because of a plumbing issue that we had, but that's not their fault. SunLux is a very nice company to work with and they're very courteous. The cost of service was perfect and worth every penny. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I'd use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?

SunLux not only match a competitor's price but they also offered financial options to pay for your solar panels. The panels and components they used received excellent reviews. And to top it off, they have excellent customer service! I would highly recommend SunLux!

The salesman, Ralph and the project coordinator, Sarah were very responsive. Never waited more than 30 minutes for a text or call back. Couldn't be more pleased with the people, installation, or equipment. From start to finish everyone was great. Have been up and running for over a month. I still call or text with questions and get almost instantly answers. Thank you.

Guillermo at SunLux was fantastic during the whole process. We had our roof redone, electrical box upgraded and 25 solar panels installed. Any issue that came up was taken care of beyond our expectations. I will recommend this company to everyone.

I started this project many month ago. Had about 15 different companies come out and give me bids. Sunlux was the only company to show up on time with everything they needed to give me all the information I asked for. George was a pleasure to work with. I feel they gave me the best deal and have been very happy with the process! I would recommend them to any of my friends!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They did a great job handling everything. From contacting my HOA for approval to the installation. Everything was done online and over the phone. Great communication. And the job was installed in ONE DAY! What more could you ask for?

We live in an area where it's quite warm in the summer so our energy bill spiked. We also got a plug-in vehicle so it tipped the scales for us as far as our monthly electricity payment was and what we would be saving. SunLux Energy had good ratings online and we felt comfortable working with them. They came out to the house and the sales rep had his laptop and the images of our roof. I told him what we were looking, what we needed, and what we anticipated needing in the future. This was new for us so I really liked that they took the time to answer all the questions and didn’t make me feel like he was an expert and I was a novice. He made me feel like every question was important. He gave me what the options were and it didn’t feel that he was trying to sell me on something.

We financed our solar panels as it was the most convenient, and everything was pretty much online. SunLux coordinated us with the credit union and the process was really easy. Then, each day that the installers came, they checked in with our nanny and gave a breakdown of what they were going to be working on that day. After the project was finished, another crew came out and fixed a few tiles that had cracked during the work, cleaned up, and checked the back-end with us to make sure that everything was good. The installation was easy, very convenient and quick, and the product was good. It was a little bit on the higher end as far as the price is concerned, but we also went with a more expensive panel with a better warranty. That was important to us.

I feel really happy with our solar panels. Having them is like having kids. When you have them, you meet a lot of other people that have them, too, and since then, I've been talking with other people about how many kilowatts we're getting, etc. I've already referred SunLux a couple of times and I would absolutely refer them to anybody who is shopping for solar. If we ever bought another house, I'm confident that we would call SunLux again. They made me feel like an expert by the end of the process and I felt really comfortable with what we paid. Since having them, we're noticing a $10-a-month difference on our bill and we have an ongoing credit for around $200 now.

We wanted to go green and save money so I called two places and SunLux was the friendliest on the phone and I got a better feel with them. It was their manager who came to my house and told me all about solar energy and he did everything he promised so it worked out nicely. He lived in my city and had solar panels on his home too. The whole process took 2-3 weeks but the actual installation was just one day. We leased our panels and their cost of quality and service were great. I would recommend them to my friends. I know it’ll save me some money and my electric bill will go from roughly $125 to around about $86.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We interviewed several solar companies before choosing SunLux Energy. It was a good decision! Their product, pricing and service are all great! We are loving our solar and so glad we made the decision to use them! NO bait and switch with Sunlux Energy. Everything they told us up front came to pass! Loving the fact that we're saving a lot of money on our electricity costs now! We will definitely recommend them!

Our bill is so random especially during that summer weather that I wanted something more steady where we know what we'll pay every month. I decided to go with solar energy. I spoke with several people and five companies came up. The gentleman from SunLux was a little bit more understanding to what we wanted to do as opposed to the other people. They wanted to do what they thought was best for us. I was impressed that he was knowledgeable and very understanding to exactly what we wanted. It was cut and dry and he didn't try to throw in anything extra.

We went with the lease program. We thought that the reliability that the lease provides was more in tune with our needs than to purchase and whatever the production was, that was it. With the lease, they offer a little bit more confidence. The process was very simple. It was a matter of getting the approval, which was not difficult at all and they were able to approve it on the same day. They also explained one of the lease programs. There was a fixed payment for the full 20 years every month and it would not change and it would not go up. It was another reason why we didn't choose two of the other providers because they had something called a step program where the payments would go up every year. There were none of that shenanigans at all with SunLux. At first, I was reluctant to do the lease but once they explained to us the guarantees that they offer production-wise, then it made more sense.

The installation process began with the site inspection. The installers came and inspected the side and the roofing. They told us that we would benefit from a new roof because it was a 20 year lease and it would be costly to remove the panels when we were ready to do it. So we worked out an agreement on the roof situation and we purchased a new roof with one of their providers and they installed it.

The same week after the roof installation, they came and installed the solar panels. A week later, they came and installed the electrical components because we also needed an upgrade on the electrical panel. They installed the solar panel components next to the electrical panel and they upgraded our old panel. After that installation, a gentleman from SunLux came out and they did an overall inspection of the system before the city came out and inspect it. About two days after that, the same gentleman came in there with the inspector and the inspector approved the installation and we went online that same day.

Also, the project manager was great. The only thing with him was it was all phone calls but he was very available when we needed to discuss something and he made sure that everybody is out there when they were supposed to. But with the rep, it was person to person interaction. They came in and they explained the whole process. They even took me on the roof and showed how everything is going to be set up. They also asked where I wanted the conduits to run through. They were professional and the installation was very fast. They were there no more than six hours, everything was installed and then they were on their way.

Our house lends itself for the solar panels. They're only visible from one angle and they're not visible from the street. It's very concealed and it doesn't affect the visibility of the property. As far as the functionality, I don't get a bill until August but my light bill has already shown improvements. I'm saving about $40 to $50 a month but that's on an average. But during the summer months, the savings are very significant. I'll be referring SunLux because I'm upgrading.

SunLux's price was competitive and it was in-line with the other people that I had talked to, so I went with them. Their representative, Michael, was great and he kept in touch. It took a while for one of my other properties to sell and when the time came that I was ready, Michael was the guy who I called back. I've talked to other people but I liked him the best. I chose to pay through a prepaid lease which means I don't have any monthly payments. I couldn't pay cash because I don't pay taxes. Also, I'm retired and disabled, so it was the only way I could qualify for the $9000 rebates. I've been very happy with SunLux. And if I was going to get solar again, I would go with them again.

I wanted to get rid of my electric bill so I thought of going solar. SunLux Energy has the best price among other companies. Their rep Joe came and showed me what he could do. He’s honest and he told me what I wanted to know too. I bought the solar panels. About seven installers showed up one morning around 7:00, and at 1:30, they were done. The team also cleaned up after themselves. I’ve had an excellent experience with SunLux Energy. It’s the thing of the future.

SunLux Energy had a good price and it is also is a big American company with a good reputation. I selected several other companies before. I contacted their guy Guillermo several times. He was a very nice and polite guy so I was very happy to be in contact with him. He visited my house, looked at it then we talked about the price several times until we finally got a good deal. Since the amount is not so big monthly, I bought it cash.

I recently installed the system and it's stable. The installation process was pretty good and done in two days. I didn’t have any problems afterwards. I’ve had them for three months now. Also, I asked them how I can see if my charges are going to minus. An example that it's not charging me even when my AC is working and the sun is shining. It’s important. They showed me how to see this on a special equipment. I can see that now and in all of these cases, I’m still in the plus. Their engineering calculated correctly how many panels I needed to install, 28 panels. I just told them I needed to make my bill zero because I am in retirement and I don’t have too much money every month.

I am in Palm Springs, an area where it’s 99% sunny. This is a very hot area and that’s why I decided to use solar. My air-condition works really often and still, I got the bill for $10 this month. But in October, November, December, January, February, March and even April, the air-conditioner will not be working but the sun would still be shining. I will be in the plus and all together, I will get some money. Overall they have great service and I will definitely recommend SunLux.

Ralph from Sunlux Energy was very professional and explained everything in detail. Pricing was the best after have received 2 quotes from other companies. Follow up thereafter was the best from the beginning till the system was turned on. I would recommend them to my friends.

I trust SunLux Energy because they are honest and have been in the business longer and they are a lot better than A1 Solar. They are great and very professional. I financed through credit union and the company helped me get the loan. The representative from SunLux is excellent and not pushy plus the installation process took only a day and a half. I paid $38,000 for 18 things on A1 Solar but SunLux put up a bunch of them for less the price.

My electric bill was staying at $900 a month so I thought of switching over to solar energy. We got a call from Sunlux Energy and we decided they're the company we wanted to go with. The representative we dealt with was a very nice young man. Whenever we asked him anything, we got an answer. The only problem we did have was when we asked if the remaining part of the roof that had to be replaced could be matched up with the same as the top of the roof as what they had put on, he did not give us a callback and he never got it done. But the installation team was very nice and pleasant. If they did not speak English, they stayed away from us. They let the ones who can speak in English do all the talking.

We financed the solar panels because, at that time, we didn't have the cash. And during the process of financing, everybody worked together very well. Overall, the service from SunLux was outstanding and cost-wise, it was reasonable. Also, whenever they decided to get things done, they were very polite. They cleaned up what they could that was possible to be cleaned up. When they left, the place was almost as clean as what it was whenever they got there.

We want to use the air conditioner. So with my anticipation that the electric bill was going to go higher I decided to go with solar energy. I had about five different people out here, and I wasn’t impressed with the description of how things would work and just how the layout was going to be. I ended up with SunLux because the SunLux salesman was a better salesman than the rest of them. He also was very helpful in telling us what the pros and cons were. I elected to go with a lease arrangement with SunLux and they worked fine throughout this process. We had follow-up from the city to come out and do the inspection and everything worked okay. The next thing I know, we were in operation.

I was also quite happy with the installation and the people I dealt with. They’ve done majority of the work one day and finished up the next. The only thing that they didn’t have when they came out was a circuit breaker to go on our main box. And I was a little surprised about that. The salesman that sold us the system took a picture and wrote down what we had. So I don’t know what the communication failure was there. I don’t have the first report yet about the usage but I've had two bills from Southern California Edison and both of them were low. In fact, that last one was $3 and some change. I've already recommended them to a couple of people but they're a little antsy on going to solar. So anybody that I can think of that might be interested, I want to present them with my bill and tell them SunLux is a good place to go.

SunLux Energy installed a complete solar panel system on my home. I am very pleased with them. They did everything they promised. They coordinated with the city and handled all permits and inspections. The installation was very clean. SunLux ran all the conduit through the attic. The panels are on my roof now and look great. It feels good to go solar. I would highly recommend SunLux to anyone.

The solar that I got from SunLux Energy was taken care of, it's working great, and the quality is excellent. SunLux's team was polite and they did a good job. They put drum mounts to install the panels. And since I wouldn't let them put the panels on my roof, they dug big holes on the ground with beams coming up and concreted them. The installation project manager tried to help me get my other house straightened out and he did. I feel good about the ones in my place and in the other house because I had to put 18 more panels on it.

I leased the panels through Sunrun and I pay $100 a month. It's not paying off now but when SunLux turns it on a year later and whatever the bill is leftover with energy my panels are putting out is $100 more than I'm using electric. That goes into a bank at Edison and they are gonna owe me money at the end of the year. I recommend SunLux.

Having a Solar Energy is the right thing to do and I don’t want to be burning fossil fuel. Also, in January 13th I had a stroke. I live in Southern California and it's now 110 degrees here. I am no longer working so I’m going to be using a great deal of energy. I didn’t want to have to pay a $250 electric bill every single month even though it’s going to take me 12, 14 or more years to break-even.

I decided to go with SunLux Energy because I wanted to own the solar panels, although I have to pay 8 cents per kilowatt-hour. I paid the panels in cash. A lot of other companies want me to lease it. Also, their price was very good. I really liked and trusted Ralph, who was the original salesman who came in. He seemed very honest and sincere. He wasn’t trying to take advantage of me and didn’t try to sell me anything over and above what I would need to fulfill my needs. He was also on time.

For the installation, the installer said he'd be here at 8:00 in the morning but he didn’t get here until noon. That's because they were on another job and can’t always predict going to the job so that didn’t bother me. Other than that, everything they did was neat and clean which was very important to me. They did not leave a bunch of saw, mallet, wedges or screws. They put the panels right where I expected it to be and when it was a little different, it was explained to me. The entire work crew did an excellent job.

I’m totally happy with what I have received and it's a long-term deal but so far, they’re working perfectly. As long as they keep on pumping out electricity for the next 30 years, I'm getting what I paid for. Although, the piping was supposed to be painted with the color of my house and it’s still bare piping. That hasn’t been finished. I did report it to Ralph and I’m not stressed out over this because I have a great deal of confidence in the entire group that it will be fixed. It just hasn’t been yet. If I get my pipes painted, then everything will be perfect. I would recommend SunLux without hesitation.

SunLux installed 29 solar panels on my home in Canyon Lake Calif. Mike has always any questions for us and even came to our home to go over the Edison bill. About 6 tiles was broken not by his installers. SunLux fixed them no charge. If l did move I would have SunLux install solar again. Thanks to you Mike and all the people at SunLux.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had solar for about eight months installed by SunLux Energy. Guillermo was the sales person and he answered all our questions. He beat all the competition. Our electric bill is around $9.25 a month. Last month SCE co sent us a check for about $54.00. His crew was outstanding.

We decided to get solar and spoke with a bunch of companies and we decided to go with SunLux Energy. We spoke with Michael and he was upfront and honest. Installation was quick and we were up and running in a few months. I highly recommend calling SunLux for your solar energy.

My salesperson was Mike. He is very knowledgeable, he was able to answer all my solar questions I had. Before I talked to SunLux I talked to other solar companies and I felt like I was buying a car, so much pressure, and with Mike I never felt like that. He didn't rush us into anything. They were very prompt and professional on installing my panels. I would highly recommend SunLux Energy for your solar needs.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Service was good. Paris and Guillermo were very helpful. Paris answered all of my questions and got back to me when he didn't know the answers. Also, the install on my roof was great. Elite Electric provided extra service when Edison and Theory of Fontana failed to turn my power on.

I did extensive research on residential solar systems before calling numerous companies. Most of the representatives I spoke to appeared to become uninterested when I started to ask too many questions. Most indicated that they would call me back to make an appointment. With the exception of 2 reps, most did not. Guillermo from SunLux was one rep that actually did come over and did a presentation. Guillermo answered most of my questions and explained in detail the pros and cons of purchasing or leasing a system. We were very impressed with his knowledge and expertise. He also quoted a very competitively priced system that was considerably lower than the other quote we received.

We ended up purchasing a solar system from SunLux. Guillermo provided frequent updates during the financing, funding and construction phases. We were so impressed with the whole process that we referred my in-laws to him. Even my father-in-law (who is hard to impress) purchased a system based on our experience. I would highly recommend SunLux to anyone wishing to install a solar system on their home.

SunLux Energy Company Profile