4.91/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunLux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At SunLux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how SunLux can help you start saving money!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

86 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

SunLux solar installed my large solar panel in just a few days. Fastest solar install I have seen and I know several people who have installed their solar panels with other companies. Kept me informed about the process all the way, so even though I wasn't home when they installed it, I knew exactly what was going on that day. After they were finished the salesman called me himself to make sure everything was in working order and I was happy with their service. Jorge was great at assisting me with financing without a lot of pressure that other salesman have had in the past, and trust me there's been many. Will be doing more business with them in the future and would definitely refer others to this company. Great customer service! The screen shots show the change in my bill already and the panels were just installed in the middle of the month, but look at the savings already! Can't wait to see what the full month looks like.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Good presentation, Good communication, Good proposal, Good quality and Fast execution. SunLux Installed a large 12 panel solar system in my home. They did a great job with the info leading up to the contract and install. They set everything up, painted, and cleaned up. Excellent job.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This company was a breath of fresh air. When it comes to professionalism and honesty, they are the best. We had all our questions answered and all contacts and visits were prompt. We look forward to the savings we will get going green...

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We like to have our house cooler and don’t like to pay the bill for it. It’s also about just going green. We shopped around for solar panels and SunLux Energy seemed to be more prepared when they presented it to us. The rep was very professional however, they kept downplaying the other solar company a lot. He should keep that to a minimum. But other than that, he was good. There was a couple of times that we had a hard time reaching him and he said that he’s realistically always available. If he doesn’t get to us within an hour, he will get to us within the six-hour time frame. Sometimes, it would take him a day or two. But I can only imagine how busy he is with everybody going solar nowadays.

We leased our solar panels and the price of it was better. The installers showed up earlier than what we were told, which was great. They came on one of the hottest days of the summer, which I felt really bad. But they worked through it and they got it done fairly quick. The installation took about four hours. My husband's pretty happy with the system as far as getting our Edison bill.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My grandson has SunLux, so I got it too. I had been thinking about solar since the 80s. My nephew has worked for solar when it was barely starting in Arizona. When I was living in Arizona, the electricity prices were so high. Our bill was always over $300 every month, winter or summer. In the winter, it was so cold. The summer was so hot that something was going all the time. When they started selling solar, I started thinking about it. My nephew would tell and explain to us about the benefits since he was a salesman but we weren't really into it because the people that I was around couldn't afford it.

My bill last month was only $1 something. These past months it's only been about $1 or $2 when the heat was so high. During the summer, it's so hot that our air conditioner was going day and night. Everybody I've talked to has been really nice. They are very good people. The installers were also nice. The only problem we had was that the public service company left a hole in the wall. They already fixed it, but my son had to call them a few times and I called them a few times as well. They said they'd be here in a few days, but they never showed up. I have a niece that lives in Fontana and I told her about getting solar because she's buying her own home. Her bills are very high as well during the summer. We want to see if she's going to break down. They say they don’t want people walking on their roofs and messing it up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunLux Energy?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We were thinking about savings and the future of energy, and we thought that going with solar energy has to happen eventually. We couldn't find a company that would do with shingle roof, and so, when SunLux came and they could do it, we went with them. We purchased from them at the beginning of the year and the system started around April or May.

Their sales rep was very accommodating. We drilled him because we didn't want our roof ruined and we hesitated a few times trying to figure out if Sunlux was the right company. We also found other companies, but when we checked the references or their business as a whole, we weren’t very confident. So it took a while before we decided but their sales rep was very patient and never gave up. I appreciated that. He also made sure that we would get whatever information we needed right away and once the process started, he made sure that the team that was doing the work would get right back to us if we had any questions. Their installation team was also good. But they didn't have the right color of paint for the tubing and the conduits that they used. So, they came back a week later. I made a phone call to find out where they were on that because I didn't want them to drop the ball. But they worked great, did it quickly and there was no mess.

If one doesn't have a solar energy system, he/she is losing a lot of money. So I have recommended SunLux to friends. It's not a huge company, but it worked. We could get a bill in the summer for $500-$600 and right now, with the air conditioning running in the hottest months, it was between $200 and $400. We also ended up putting a few extra panels in because we intend to get a heater for the pool hooked up to it, and it will pay for itself in a year or two. We're paying under $200 for the system anyway and that’s considerably lower.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was looking into solar energy and one of my neighbors encouraged me. Someone referred me and I talked with a representative from SunLux Energy. He was really an impressive guy then I decided. I’m fully satisfied with the solar energy installed from SunLux company. It has been very good and working well. I recommend other people to go with the SunLux company.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We had Southern California Edison and they raise their prices every year, so it was too expensive. I also owned an electric vehicle, so we figured solar energy was going to be better in the long run for us and it has been so. The customer service and warranties were comparable to the other companies, but SunLux's pricing was amazing and competitive. They offered high line solar panels for a cheaper price than the 5 other companies that I've asked. Guillermo, the sales rep and part owner, was awesome. He took good care of us. And all their workers were very professional. They have incredible customer service and they already contacted me three or four times to make sure everything's good and we’re happy. The product is great. I financed it and the process was very simple. The whole installation process was smooth too.

SunLux Energy response

Mario Snaer,

Thank you for your review of Sunlux Energy. Should you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The cost of the electrical bill was high so we decided to go with solar energy and my friend Jerry, who is a great person to trust, helps install solar panels on a property. There was some delay in the installation but the process was great and everything went well with SunLux Energy.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

From start to finish, Sunlux has excelled. We interviewed at least five other companies and the Sunlux sales rep was the most impressive. He didn't try to upsell, didn't talk in circles and answered all of our questions directly giving us 100% confidence In The company. We decided to purchase. The loan process was quick, simple and organized. They easily worked around our weird schedules and patiently answered all of our questions. The workers were awesome - reliable, friendly, fast and were able to suggest changes to the work that his most of the conduit making the finished project appealing.

We have had major construction done, several times, and they were by far the best crew we've ever had in our home (friendly, respectful & definitely masters of their trades). Sunlux set up all of the city inspections for us, around our schedule and we didn't have to worry about anything throughout the process. I have never had a construction project go this smooth, be completed in the timeframe quoted with as little inconvenience as this one. I cannot recommend Sunlux highly enough!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Going with solar energy is something I always wanted to do for a while. And through the HERO program, SunLux Energy was the first one to say that they could do it. In my frame of mind at that time, I don't think we were going to pass because SunLux was not our first contact. But they were just the ones that said we could get them through credit. Also, their representative took the time to give a very understanding presentation. She was very patient as far as questions and answers, and they weren't just answers off the top of her head. She points to her resources for her answers in cases there was any doubt.

And so, we got our solar panels through financing, and from what I was told, the benefit to purchasing them as opposed to leasing is that it might be cheaper. You still end up paying - not as much in the very long term - but still be paying almost like it is still hooked up into the Edison. With leasing, the payments just never end.

The installation crew worked during the hours I was working. So, by the time I got there, everybody was gone. But I looked at it afterwards as stages were progressing and everything seemed to be going like the way it was explained to me. I was also impressed because I really could not tell the work unless I look at what was actually done. They did a very good clean-up job.

And while the cost of the service was fair, something happened just this weekend. Somebody took out our power pole and that took out all the electricity from the block. I had an idea before, that when we hook into the solar, it would be independent of Edison but then, I found out in a very abrupt way that it's not. You're still hooked into them.

The way it was explained to me once I was panicking and had to call my sales rep was that even though you have your panels, you're still hooked into the Southern California Edison. And if something happens to their system, your system still will go down too. That was something I don't know. I thought that when we hooked into the panels, we were independent of the system. The sales rep further explained that the only thing they do with panels is my provider gets changed, but everything still goes through Edison. Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase because I thought that when I got into solar or even wind, I would get away from Edison. This is not the case in any aspect. I misunderstood the information.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We live in Santa Clarita which is technically the desert. And so, our electric bills in the summer were anywhere up to $650 a month for three to four months a year. That’s more than half of my house payment and it was outrageous. For seven years we're in drought including Christmas mornings when it was 90 degrees. It was miserable so that was the big reason I decided to go solar. I interviewed five different companies and they all came out. But SunLux was the one that offered the best deal, most honest, and knew their product better than most of the other companies. Their warranty was the best out of any of them and it was also the cheapest. One of the three owners of the company came out to pitch for us. He was training someone. And so, you have people that are truly still involved in this business, not just, “Hey, we're selling franchises all over the state.” It was a good deal and it is a well-run company.

Mike was the first person that I met. He broke it down and we talked about leasing. My parents had gotten solar 15 years ago. I was really against going solar because when they would sell a house, it was contingent and that stopped them from selling their house. I was looking into leasing and into buying, and, when you buy, you save about 29%. So, in 12 years, I will own all my equipment which is then warrantied for 25. Leasing is fine. But if I want to save the most money because we are in California, they were offering higher rebates and that’s going to pay for a huge chunk on my solar. Mike came out. The biggest problem that we had was that our city is a nightmare to get permits through because they take forever. They warned me that some city is going to be a little bit longer so it could be up to a month.

And so, they actually projected that everything will be up and running in about six weeks. But the girl in the office kept in touch with me through that whole time waiting to get the permit. It took almost the full month to get the permit and on the day she got it, she called me. They set up the crew to come out. The project manager came out with them and they were incredibly efficient, the nicest, and most professional. I was totally impressed. We had thunderstorms in the morning. So, I called Mike and I said, “Hey, we are supposed to have thunderstorms. I don't know if I want the guys up on the roof. I don’t want anybody getting hurt.” He said that they knew what they’re doing and that they will be coming out. And if it was dangerous, they won’t. They came out and we escaped the thunder until 10 minutes after they left.

They got up there and the only issue that we had was that I was going to have them run it through the attic. However, they did it on the roof and the foreman told us not to worry, and that they will change it. I went outside and saw that they have painted it to look just like my house. You can't even see it unless you know exactly where it is. So, I told them that it was fine, and that it was no big deal at all. But he was willing to come back the next day and reroute the whole thing. They were fantastic from start to finish. There was no mess left behind and it was done in a couple of hours. There's an app where you can check to make sure all your cells are working and how much you're saving. It's very cool. I got calls a couple of times since installation. They called me to let me know that they were going to have the project manager meet Edison out here because, at the end, Edison had to come out and okay it.

Getting an appointment with them took a little bit longer. They met in my front yard, went into the side, showed everything, checked it out, and they were gone. It was great. I checked and interviewed five different companies, but Mike’s SunLux was the only one that did not try to oversell me the panels. I have 22 and another company was trying to sell 10 panels over that, where I would not have gotten any sun. So, it wouldn’t have worked.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Aside from having a lot of people referring solar energy, the quality of the equipments was also a factor so we decided to go with it. I felt very comfortable with the representatives I've worked with at SunLux. They were easy to communicate with. The original rep was professional, prompt and extremely knowledgeable. The project manager was very good as well. She answered all my questions and helped me out in getting some login credentials. We paid upfront for the solar panels so we could have savings and to see if we could get a tax credit.

SunLux also handled all the permits. Then the installers showed up on the time they said they would and it took a day and a half to go through the whole procedure, but it went exactly as how they described in terms of who would show up and what exactly they would need access to. They were very courteous and respectful.

The panels are always working well and aesthetically, I like it. However, I suggest SunLux provide a walk through the system at the end of the installation so we’ll know where the boxes are installed, what they mean, what they do and what to do when the power goes out. But for the most part, they were pretty good and they're probably better than a lot of their competitors. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Solar Panel Install - Great job from start to finish. Technician were on time and completed work as promised. Always cleaned up and ensured things were ready for a fresh start the following day at the end of the day. The following day they were on time and ready to work. Job was completed on time and as promised.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Salesperson Denica was courteous and knowledgeable when she came to visit us. I had just worked on a committee to install solar for a school district so I was familiar with the process and lingo. Denica was very professional and knew her business answering every question in detail. The process was exactly as she said it would be and the permission to operate from SCE came earlier than expected. I'm SO looking forward to NOT paying SCE $612 a month for electricity at my house! I highly recommend SunLux Energy. My system looks great!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I dealt with Johnathan who I met through SolarMax when he helped me with my mother's home. He spent a lot of time doing a site assessment because my home had plenty of shadows caused by southern hillsides and trees. In the end he did a great job of coming up with a schema that worked. It was installed in 1.5 days and worked as described. Great people and great job!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wanted savings and to save electricity as well. My friend who is a SunLux rep, initially presented SolarMax and was offering a HERO Program to me. But he was honest enough to tell me that it's too much. He also presented about leasing SunLux and that’s what I liked about it. Jonathan explained to me about the warranty and maintenance of the solar panels which is almost the same as to buying it. He also explained that in 25 years, that kind of technology would probably be old already and there would probably be new technology, so that's why it's more economical to lease. The installers were professional but installation took about a month because of permitting issues. And I just found out that there's something wrong with the panel and SunLux hasn't notified me but the quality of the solar panels throughout my first year was good.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Edison keeps raising their prices and we cannot afford the electricity anymore. It's ridiculous. Then I started working with Caroline from Sunlux who then sent a salesperson, Michael, to our house. He was cool and very informative. They worked really nice, they're running a business, they answer my questions and they return my phone calls. They're doing what they should be doing, especially when I’m paying them but the timeframe on this whole thing has extended beyond what I expected.

It's not the people and how they interact because they're really nice people. It's just the timeframe thing that is a little bit lacking. They're telling me they have to wait until the county inspector schedules the inspection. So, they came out, did the first inspection and there were some corrections that needed to be made. The text that they've sent out just this past Monday for the final inspection didn't read the directions carefully enough and so now, it's been postponed again. The timeframe between the job being done and the first inspection was a matter of five days. The second time, it's been two weeks from the first inspection. Now, I’m wondering if there's going to be another two weeks before they come out again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

SunLux Energy installed a 16 panel system on my home. I dealt with Michael. He was very informative. He was able to get my system installed quickly and at a great price. After work was completed everything looked original and natural. Very Highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We were very pleased with the entire experience from our sales rep, Noah **, to the friendly and efficient installers. Noah worked with us diligently to achieve all of our goals from financial to aesthetics and the installation was done professionally and promptly. All on schedule, and they cleaned up every bit of mess before leaving. Nice job. Very impressed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

SunLux was quick and efficient. Paperwork was quick, approval was quick and installation was quick. We are now saving hundreds of dollars and are very happy with our purchase. My parents are looking into this as well as a few family friends that we have referred.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

They installed 15 solar panels on our roof. They did an excellent job. Everything went smoothly and on time. They got the city permit for us and approvals from the HOA and the neighbors. They even installed two free NESTs for our house. The panels are producing electricity and saving trees.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Had a great experience with this company. Very fast and friendly. Very knowledgeable. Got us approved, even with not so great credit. They quoted us a price, and that was the price we pay. No hidden fees. Will definitely recommend them. I couldn't be happier with their service.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Going solar can give us more convenience and we looked into different kinds of providers. A friend of mine has SunLux and introduced the company to us. Our rep was Jeffrey and he was very nice and talkative. He said the company is not too big and was just established. But he gave us a very good detailed introduction and we thought he can do better than others. We wanted to try SunLux first so we leased our solar panels. Also, we're not sure how long we'll be living in our current residence. The installation went smoothly and everything was clean. Everything has been good and the service is quality. If we want to ask some questions, SunLux will give us a quick response. We can also pay less fees than before with the solar service. We're all happy and we recommended SunLux to our friend

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My parents went solar and I decided to go that route too. I was also spending a lot of money for my electricity. I knew the manager, George, of SunLux Energy and I got a really good deal. He installed my parents’ system and I stick with people I already know when I buy or install products. Everything went by smoothly on their part but the city delayed the process and made it more difficult. But SunLux bent over backward to accommodate the city.

Their installers were also very professional and were here at the time they said they were going to be here. They got everything done in quickly and they triple checked to make sure everything was done properly. I also financed the solar panels and it was a better deal than leasing it. The finance was a very easy process. We went through the HERO Program and they required a couple of documents. It was provided and it was accepted. The cost was worth the quality that we got.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had a high electricity bill and I was trying to see if I could save some money by going solar. I had a friend that recommended me to SunLux Energy. They had a credit team that helped me set up financing for my solar panels. Mike, their rep, looked at the roof and told me how many panels I could put up there. Then, he and his crew surveyed the house and did the installation in one day. They said they were going to do the work at a certain time and day because of the weather and they were punctual. They had it done with no excuses made and they were right on the money with everything they said. They changed the box on the side of the house, ran everything, and we’re up and running pretty quick. They even downloaded the app on my phone. Also, Mike’s a really good dude. I have his cellphone number and whenever I call him, he answers real fast or calls me back right away.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The government provides a 30% tax return for the system owner so I decided to get solar energy. I shopped around and SunLux had the best value for me. Their rep contacted me quite a bit and I was 100% comfortable working with him. He came in and gave me the contract. Then I signed it and he said there was an engineering blueprint that they submitted. After the CBE, they started the work under my roof and in about four days, they’re done. Their rep followed what I wanted and I started to get the power after that. Their service is pretty good and I'll recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The rep from SunLux came out to the house and was able to get it down to the chase. He wasn't trying to give me a sales pitch, which I appreciated because I had done all my research and just needed to know what they offered versus different companies and what the product was being used, and if I could interchange that if I wanted different panels or different systems. He was knowledgeable and was able to provide all the information upfront and it wasn't a game. They recommended financing the solar panels with Energy which I did and that process was easy, too.

Install went fine. They were able to upgrade my panel. However, they forgot to pull a permit, but it’s fine. They were able to do it after the fact and there were no issues except that the monitoring system is not recording so they're going to install a consumption monitoring. They're just waiting for the part. They've been communicating, which I appreciate and most of the hiccups have been out of their control. Cost-wise, SunLux is at par with other companies and they were able to do a little more. They threw in the upgrade which other companies were charging. Overall, the staff is knowledgeable and helpful specifically, Adam and Chris who have been great. I've already recommended them to three or four people.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

SunLux Energy is not big as other big solar companies, but they will deliver what they're supposed to deliver. Their price and the technical knowledge of their rep made me want to work with them. He was very familiar with the process and very good in explaining things that I wanted to hear and understand. He also helped me on the files and was texting and emailing me with the schedules and city permits, so I was very well informed. It was a very smooth process and the installation was very simple. Also, the panel I ordered wasn't even available on the market at that time, but they were able to get that panel for me and helped me to install it.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

SunLux has been very professional from sales through installation and aftercare. The salesman was available even after the sale was made for whatever we needed. Any concerns have been addressed quickly and professionally. I would highly recommend them!

SunLux Energy Company Information