Call toll free
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At Sunlux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how Sunlux can help you start saving money!

Sunlux Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

259 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 16, 2019

Great company, great people, great job. They used first rate materials, the workmanship was excellent, and the whole experience with them was very good. Also, after all my after installation questions have been dealt with very professionally. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for solar.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I'm very green and I know that in 2020 all the rebuilds and remodels are gonna have to go solar. So, I think that I'd get ahead of the game and I've always been curious about solar. I've got a few friends that have had it. I picked the company initially through Costco, but they were trying to push a battery. It was just gonna be so involved and I kept saying that I do not want a battery. Then, one Sunday morning several months ago, while I was listening to a radio program that has everything about houses, remodeling and decorating, they had SunLux in there for two hours and they were talking about solar.

They were so transparent and their explanations were very clear. I thought of having them come out and give me a bid. The whole experience was very positive and I liked the salesman. My interactions with them were easy and accessible. I didn’t have to run around trying to call them and I was able to get a hold of somebody. The first guy that came out was Tracy. He was a very nice guy and he spent a lot of time with me and went over everything. I'm very happy with him. I also spoke with Liz. She was the project manager and I did most of my contact with her through email. She kept me abreast on how it was going and when they submitted the plans to the city. Everything went smoothly and I ended up buying the panels because I've heard that when you lease them, it kinda gets a little weird when you sell. The installation was in one day.

We have 100 amp PAL and I was told that they would not charge me if it needed to be upgraded to 200. So, after the installation, I was trying to do some DIY stuff and putting in a new light fixture and changing out some light switches, I turned off the main but when I tried to turn it back on, it kept tripping. This happened two different times and the last time, I just could not get it to stay on. So, I called out an electrician who came out at 7 o’clock at night. He was a con artist so I sent him back. The next day, I had an actual legal licensed electrician come out and he said that the panel wasn’t graded for solar. He said that SunLux probably knew about it, but they let it slide. Today, I talked to Derrick who's in customer service and he said that they can upgrade now for $1,500. I told him that I was initially told that it would be a free upgrade if needed. Other than that, I'm really happy with SunLux.

Original review: March 25, 2019

From the beginning to the end we were completely satisfied with SunLux and their customer service exceeded our expectations! We were informed on a weekly basis regarding the status of our project and everyone had the utmost professionalism and courtesy. Could not have ask for a better company or staff to work with.

Darlene,

Thank you for the great review! Sunlux takes great pride in our customer service and keeping in constant communication with our customers every step of the way. Should you ever have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 24, 2019

Great company and great services. They worked with me through the entire project and made sure all my questions were answered. My electric company attempted to slow the process but SunLux keep me on pace and now I’m on solar and looking to enjoy a better electric bill. Would recommend this company to family and friends.

Reginald,

Thank you for the great review of Sunlux. Sometimes we run into issues with the utility company and we try to work through them in a timely manner. Should have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call and thank you for choosing Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 19, 2019

Highly recommended! Super fast and really easy to work with! The whole process only took about three months and they were up and running! Very quick response to email and worked great with scheduling around our busy life. Great customer service!

Britney,

Our customer service is always here to answer any questions that might come up. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you for the great review of Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: March 15, 2019

There were a few bumps in the road along the way to completion, but in the end SunLux pulled through and delivered us a 26 panel system that we look forward to helping us produce our own energy for years to come.

Jeff,

We did experience a few issues but glad we could work through them. We look forward to meeting you energy needs and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to call.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 13, 2019

Excellent service - they really know what they are doing. It was a great experience and I wish I would have started sooner. Great experience, highly recommend, motivated, great with roofing, sales employees are understanding, priced right, easy to understand, helpful.

Robert,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. We enjoy giving excellent service to all of our customers and creating a great solar experience.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 7, 2019

I researched for months on solar systems and companies. I found Sunlux with great reviews and they were a distributor for the Panasonic brand panels which I wanted to use. They made the entire process easy from start to finish. Their team is extremely helpful and courteous from the quoting through installation.

James,

We are glad you are happy with your Panasonic panels. Thank you for the review and our team is always here should you have any questions or concerns.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 4, 2019

SunLux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have my Solar installed in 2018, and I was so happy that my Edison bill is so so cheap, it’s under $ 6 a month. Every things goes well, from start to finish, everyone I met from the salesman to the inspection was very nice, I would recommend to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I recommend SunLux. Company representatives were always helpful, easily accessible, and courteous. The installation was well coordinated with installation of a new roof by another contractor. Installers were professional and County inspector commented on high quality of the installation. All my questions were answered and the price was reasonable.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. SunLux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Best price by far, a couple hiccups quickly addressed, company focused on continually improving customer satisfaction. One of their first installations in our area, so a couple process hurdles occurred that were quickly addressed and should not happen again. This bears repeating... best price by far.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

SunLux did a great job from start to finish. They showed up on time and finished the majority of the installation in one day. They handled everything including acquiring the proper permits, scheduling permit inspections and teaching me about the equipment. The installers broke two roof tiles during the installation. They let me know that they were broken and would return with new ones. In the meantime, They sealed the area to prevent leaks. It rained for the next four days and no leaks. Good job. I highly recommend SunLux.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on SunLux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, SunLux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, SunLux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to SunLux Energy Inc.

Anthony,

Your project was our first battery installation and from the sound of your Southern California Edison bill we did a pretty good job. Thank you for the review and we hope Edison continues to owe you money for years to come.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

After being harassed by a couple other companies (not naming names), we did some more research and SunLux was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the sales rep to the project manager to the installers have been so professional, communicative and a pleasure to work with. The installation was completed way sooner than I imagined, like a crew of beyond efficient (and clean) ninjas. Our only issue, which is so minor and not on SunLux at all, was a missing in action inspector from the city to give the approval of install which was quickly resolved by the project manager. Obviously the quality of the physical work is highly commended, but equally as is the quality of customer care.

The cost seemed a bit high for me at first, but you get what you pay for. And other unnamed companies were a bit sketchy about the final final cost of everything "because things always come up", but there was full transparency in the agreed upon price and we weren't surprised by anything. Being first time home owners, this project seemed like it was going to be quite the ordeal. But unlike trying to get our Nest system to connect to the internet, this whole process was seamless and (honestly) too easy. Would not hesitate or skip a beat to recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

SunLux roofing dept was outstanding! I was not pressured for solar at all as my call was for roofing. Thank you for not being pushy. Crew was professional and on time daily, I had a few concerns that were dealt with promptly and professionally! We would definitely recommend SunLux! Thanks Guys!

Michael Apodaca,

Thank you for the review of our in house roofing department. Solar and roofing go hand-in-hand and we specialize in meeting all your difficult roofing needs for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

SunLux was great. Were there issues with the install? Yes. Is it normal to have a hiccup here and there? Yes. What made it great though was the communication by the office and the installers. They were all very professional and courteous. Even when the city no show canceled on their second reschedule for inspection SunLux did everything they could to get me back on the inspectors’ schedule. I have already recommended them to five friends that are looking to have solar installed. Thank you for being professional, communicating, and accommodating.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Great system. After sitting with several companies we chose SunLux. Sales rep was not pushy, answered all our question. We were given a good price for a 8.91kw system with panasonic panels. The installers were great, courteous, answered my additional questions with a smile. No regrets.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Don't sign with this company. They will give you a reasonable deal during initial talks, very responsive during this time frame. But after signing in the dotted line things changed drastically. A few days after signing I review notice via phone call the price of the equipment will increase 75% due to errors on behalf of the distributor. I email the owner requesting answer and have yet to replied to. It has been over 3 weeks. My suggestion to all that read this is to go with a different company, any company. They had the nerve to force their distributor to call me instead of responding to me direct. Still awaiting answer and a resolution. Will update once I get one? But as for now don't make the same mistake I did.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

When I decided to go solar, I conducted an extensive research and got quoted by multiple companies. At the end, it came down to price, quality, but most importantly warranty. SunLux provided me with the best warranty and the best price. No other competitor could beat their quote, while providing you the extensive warranty Sunlux did.

My sales person, Adam **, was simply the best. He was so responsive and very attentive to everything I wanted. He thoroughly explained everything I needed to know in order to make an informed decision. Every time I had a concern he was prompt to respond to my calls and emails. His customer service was seriously off the charts. I would recommend working with Adam. He will make sure that everything that was promised is delivered.

The only hiccup I encountered was with another representative because I complained about the installation of my skirting system, which I highly recommend for aesthetic purposes. It was poorly installed, but they took ownership of the problem and fixed it. Adam was able to be the mediator and had the problem resolved quickly. I highly recommend that you get everything in writing when it comes to installation, especially if you are asking for something really specific. It simply helps in case there are any issues along the way. Overall, I am highly satisfied with the service and the work that was performed.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Great all around experience. Project proceeded exactly as represented and as planned except panel location needed to be adjusted slightly and installation time took a bit longer than planned but that was due to high quality of existing roof which made roof tile more difficult to be removed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

From the time the SunLux workmen came to our home to install our solar panels, until the job was completed, the men worked every minute from the time they started until the job was finished. They were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing and they completed the job at the exact time they estimated. Which was the same day I would recommend SunLux for your solar installation company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I chose SunLux because of their reputation and for who was promoting them. I might have gotten a slightly lower price elsewhere, but I wouldn't have gotten the peace of mind that comes with their process and guarantees. They were very professional from the start, even admitting to accidentally spilling some paint on my driveway that I would never have noticed. I liked how much I was able to contribute to the discussion of how big the system should be. I was included the whole time. I also like the Solar Edge monitoring app. The only thing I might have liked for them to do differently is to give me some written instructions on how to turn on the unit. I was supposed to get a lesson after the inspection. But with a last minute change of time by the county, I was unable to get there. So it would have been nice to have something in writing.

Resolution response: Nov. 3, 2018

SunLux contacted me and agreed I was treated badly. The lady that answered my call went out on maternity leave the following day (stressed due to upcoming leave). Joe and Guillermo contacted me and explained the problem. I now have an appointment for my solar estimate. I appreciate them reaching out to me and their ability to recognize a problem and rectify it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I contacted SunLux through their website for an estimate appointment without a return callback. So, I called SunLux's phone number and was told I had to have a credit score of 650 and I had to give them a copy of my electric bill. I told the lady that answered the phone I was paying cash and they didn't need a copy of my electric bill for an estimate. SunLux would not give me an estimate on installing solar. I don't think any company should make anyone jump through hoops for an estimate. I also don't think it's anyone's business what my credit score is and what my electric bill is when I'm paying CASH. I guess they don't like cash sales and people with high credit scores that are not needed with a cash sale. I'm glad other companies are not like SunLux and I wouldn't recommend SunLux to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The installation of our Solar System by Sunlux went very well... the crew came in and very methodically installed the panels and related conduit and meters in a professional manner. There were no real issues and the repair to the stucco where they installed the upgraded electrical panel was done well and the color match was good. The only area where I would have asked for a better job is the lack of any Instructions on how we can monitor the new system. They did not even give a basic summary of where I could get the information until I complained to the office and then was told to contact Sunrun. Overall, the Installation was done well, it was just the lack of any communication regarding the ongoing monitoring that could be improved.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Did such a great job. My Neighbor and my Brother had Sunlux install solar panels at their homes. Did everything that they said they would. Workers cleaned up after the job was complete. Had callback from Sunlux and Sunrun to make sure I was completely satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I interviewed 5 solar companies before I decided on SunLux. They were the only company who would show me their contract before I decided to buy from them. Their salesperson, Ryan **, continued to answer my questions and thoroughly explained my options in purchasing the equipment. Also, Sunlux is located in the State of California where I live. Many of the companies have salespersons here, but the Company itself is located out of State. That is horrible if you have any disputes with those Companies as you have to go tho their State to resolve any legal differences. Sunlux was quick to supply me with their license and insurance information. Sunlux gave me a twenty-five (25) year parts and labor guarantee. The other companies only wanted to give twenty-five years on the panels but 10 years on the labor. This was very important to me as inverters normally need to be replaced after 10 to 11 years.

The electrical inspector had signed off on their work. However, a second inspector stated some additional work had to be done on the 220 panel they installed. As soon as I contacted them, even though the permit had been approved, Sunlux was there to go the extra mile and follow the suggestion of the second electrical inspector. The stucco work done on the house initially did not blend in to the rest of the wall on the side of the house. Sunlux made sure their contractor came out again and feathered the stucco work to blend in with the remainder of the wall. I have worked with contractors on improvements to my home and I have to say they are the most reliable contractor I have dealt with -- especially after they had received their final payment!

I was also impressed with the fact once I told them what other solar companies were offering - they made sure to investigate and bring to the table any extras other companies were giving as additional perks to sign... In summary, Sunlux stands behind their product and I greatly appreciate receiving an electrical bill of $12.50 for the hottest month of the year. Solar was a good choice and Sunlux is the right company to spend your dollars with.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We are so happy with our experience with Sunlux. The support we received throughout the process was excellent. I was especially impressed with the ease of communication whenever we had a question. The panels are barely visible from the street which is great.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My solar installation included an new roof, 25 solar panels and a storage battery. Other than delays by the city for issuing permits and doing inspections, everything went as planned. The roof looks great and the solar works great. I'm very satisfied.

Sunlux expert review by Zachary Shahan

This company can handle everything from site evaluation and paperwork and installation to maintenance—locations in California, Texas, Nevada and Arizona. For over 20 years, they have focused on helping consumers save money but pinpointing their properties exact energy needs.

• Installation process: Upon signing a contract, SunLux will do a site evaluation, measuring your roof and conduct a shading study. Once the evaluation is complete, its team of engineers will design a system that fits your property and send it to you for approval. They will handle all permits that are needed through your city and once the proper permits are obtained, they will install your system. Finally, SunLux will do a final inspection with the city manager to check for proper installation.

• Leasing options: SunLux Energy partners with solar leasing programs and offers leasing options for people paying over $100 per month on their energy bills. Its customers who use a leasing program save over 30% on their energy bills and an average of $500 by the end of the first year.

• Financing options: SunLux Energy partners with finance companies to offer financing for its energy systems. No down payment is required and you can choose between 5- to 25-year terms. Additionally, financing your system earns you a 30-percent tax credit and allows you to own your own solar panels, which has an average return on investment of 20 percent.

• Commercial project development: SunLux Energy works with commercial clients in the state of California to maximize energy savings and return on investment. Its engineers work with your company during the design phase to develop customized energy solutions for your business.

• Qualification: Interested customers can visit the SunLux website and fill out a form with their basic information and the amount of their average electric bill to see if they qualify to switch to solar energy.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

SunLux Energy Company Information