Call toll free
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At Sunlux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how Sunlux can help you start saving money!

Sunlux Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

232 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The installation of our Solar System by Sunlux went very well... the crew came in and very methodically installed the panels and related conduit and meters in a professional manner. There were no real issues and the repair to the stucco where they installed the upgraded electrical panel was done well and the color match was good. The only area where I would have asked for a better job is the lack of any Instructions on how we can monitor the new system. They did not even give a basic summary of where I could get the information until I complained to the office and then was told to contact Sunrun. Overall, the Installation was done well, it was just the lack of any communication regarding the ongoing monitoring that could be improved.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Did such a great job. My Neighbor and my Brother had Sunlux install solar panels at their homes. Did everything that they said they would. Workers cleaned up after the job was complete. Had callback from Sunlux and Sunrun to make sure I was completely satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I interviewed 5 solar companies before I decided on SunLux. They were the only company who would show me their contract before I decided to buy from them. Their salesperson, Ryan **, continued to answer my questions and thoroughly explained my options in purchasing the equipment. Also, Sunlux is located in the State of California where I live. Many of the companies have salespersons here, but the Company itself is located out of State. That is horrible if you have any disputes with those Companies as you have to go tho their State to resolve any legal differences. Sunlux was quick to supply me with their license and insurance information. Sunlux gave me a twenty-five (25) year parts and labor guarantee. The other companies only wanted to give twenty-five years on the panels but 10 years on the labor. This was very important to me as inverters normally need to be replaced after 10 to 11 years.

The electrical inspector had signed off on their work. However, a second inspector stated some additional work had to be done on the 220 panel they installed. As soon as I contacted them, even though the permit had been approved, Sunlux was there to go the extra mile and follow the suggestion of the second electrical inspector. The stucco work done on the house initially did not blend in to the rest of the wall on the side of the house. Sunlux made sure their contractor came out again and feathered the stucco work to blend in with the remainder of the wall. I have worked with contractors on improvements to my home and I have to say they are the most reliable contractor I have dealt with -- especially after they had received their final payment!

I was also impressed with the fact once I told them what other solar companies were offering - they made sure to investigate and bring to the table any extras other companies were giving as additional perks to sign... In summary, Sunlux stands behind their product and I greatly appreciate receiving an electrical bill of $12.50 for the hottest month of the year. Solar was a good choice and Sunlux is the right company to spend your dollars with.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We are so happy with our experience with Sunlux. The support we received throughout the process was excellent. I was especially impressed with the ease of communication whenever we had a question. The panels are barely visible from the street which is great.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My solar installation included an new roof, 25 solar panels and a storage battery. Other than delays by the city for issuing permits and doing inspections, everything went as planned. The roof looks great and the solar works great. I'm very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Great service from start to finish. Rob the sales representative was very detailed and organized. The whole job was done exactly the way he told us it would be done. There were no surprises. We got the system installed in one day. I would definitely recommend SunLux!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The entire process from sales to installation was professional, efficient, responsive and accurate in terms of cost to customer and time it took to install. SunLux made every effort to ensure all aspects of the equipment and installation was clean, no damage and blended with roof and exterior walls. We are very satisfied with work. The system is running perfectly.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Excellent product and installation. From the initial salesman to the installers the entire process went smoothly and professionally, wish I had done this years ago. Definitely love to see the meter run backwards and saying good-bye to SCE! SunLux without a doubt nailed it!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Excellent customer service and they installed my solar panels properly. We wanted a way to expand our panels without buying another inverter in the future. They had a solution this requirement which we are satisfied. Also they guaranteed in writing that the parts and labor is covered for 25 years. That includes cables, inverter, and solar panels.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I worked in the water side end of the power plants for 32 years and they started putting in big sun panels. The local radio guy had three of the four owners of SunLux come into the studio and they impressed me as well as the radio announcer to the point where he bought the panels. I looked at three different outfits and one of them advertises nationally and the guy who came over told me that they would get right back to me because he didn’t have the exact bid amount but he never called back.

I liked the way that SunLux followed through and their rep was the best. They did a heck of a good job. They did it quick and cleaned up but they didn’t cross the T and dot the I. They crossed a little 220-volt with some 110, so it blew it up my AC and some small kitchen appliances. They said they would get an AC guy from Home Depot or where the other one had it and to send them the bill. They were good about it and signed off on that stuff. However, with the AC with a $1,300 circuit board in the past summer, they told me to send them the bill. There was some confusion with H&R HVAC. Back in July, when SunLux was sending the check to them for the stuff they repaired, they seemed to have moved. Also, R&R still haven’t received the check. They said they would call when they do.

I tried to get in the middle of it, and I finally got so frustrated, I told SunLux to handle it. I haven’t talked to them in about a week. The work that they did was spectacular and you wouldn’t even know they changed out the electrical panel. The clean-up was very good for contractors. Other than the final bill that they owe R&R, we’re good to go. I would like to see them finish up and also, I need a manual for the control panel and a warranty. I was into instrumentation and computers, and I’m looking at this thing but I can’t figure it out. SunLux was good except for their office help. If they can clean up their office, I would recommend them with no problem.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Our electricity bill was $1,000 a month. We decided to go solar and I had a couple of solar energy providers bid on it but SunLux gave me the best price. I worked with a good rep and he did what he said he was gonna do. We leased the panels so I didn’t have to put any money out. Getting all the leasing paperwork together was easy. They did it all and I just signed the paper. We had all the panels. So, the installation process was really easy. The installers broke some tiles, but that’s typical when walking on the roof, and then they replaced them all. So far, I have had good service with SunLux since going live for a month and a half. Also, my bill is cut in half and it is gonna be a fixed amount for 20 years.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I really like this company. The whole team is very responsive, attentive, and pro-active. They did what they said they were going to do and even went above and beyond. They really care about what they are doing and they really care about their customers. I am very happy I went with SunLux.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We wanted to save money long term and since the utility companies are out of control, we decided to go solar. SunLux's price was right. They also offered to do a lot of the permitting which was easy for me and that process went fine. Their rep did very well. He was professional and very in-depth when we wanted to know some of the technicalities. The installation was good too. The installation team were all very helpful, very friendly and they knew what they were doing. They were in and out of there in a couple of days. It's live at this point but I'm doing other constructions so the home isn't ready yet. Nonetheless, my experience with SunLux Energy has been good.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2018

After all my issues with the Inverter not working and communication issues with customer service manager Garrett, the COO Guillermo ** got in touch with me to see how he could help. Guillermo was very helpful and wanted to rectify the situation. After the Inverter was replaced, Guillermo sent us a refund check promptly for the loss of service. I appreciated Guillermo's hands on approach very much. Thank you Guillermo.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Had a conversation with sales agent Ryan around June 2018 about getting solar panels installed. Ryan was very helpful and answered a lot of my questions. Had discussions with 2 other companies and after looking at other online reviews I chose Sunlux. Project Manager set the date for panels to be installed and on the day of installation waited for 4 hours and no one turned up...wasted day for me. Called Project Manager and she said she made a mistake, apologized for not ordering parts. She worked diligently to get a crew the next day and made it work.

1 week after panels were installed final inspection took place and went online 2 days after. Went online Mid August and around the 1st week of Sept. I noticed there weren't any lights lit on the equipment that was installed outside of the house. Called this customer service manager Garrette to let him know and find out if everything was OK. He said he needed to contact SolarEdge, the company in charge of monitoring the solar usage. Got back to me 2 days after and said Sunlux needs to send a tech to my house to what the issue it. This took 1 week.

Tech came and I was told the Inverter had gone bad. Inverter went bad ONLY after 3 days. I asked the Customer Service manager Garrett why the monitoring company didn't notify anyone the panels weren't performing the way they should be producing energy. He couldn't answer my question. Garrett was rude and condescending when he was communicating with me thru email and never once admitted it was Sunlux's mistake. Kept shifting the blame to either the monitoring company SolarEdge or to me. Told me they would give me some tips next time know how to troubleshoot the system. I asked why wasn't I told this when the final inspection took place and no reply from him.

Asked him how I will be compensated during these 4 weeks or so, till everything gets resolved and said I needed to wait till the end of the year for the production guarantee. Sent me some document that had all this information and didn't even mention where I needed to go to file a claim, if that was the procedure. He told me they pride themselves on customer service. Words coming from someone who wouldn't even give me a straight answer. If this was a car that I bought and it had issues after 3 days I would have returned the car during the 1st week.

Now I am stuck after fully paying Sunlux with no helpline to call even when there is a issue. I was told by Garrett to monitor the system. Why would I do this when Sunlux has SolarEdge to monitor the production. This isn't my job to be the monitor. Very bad customer service and not happy at all the way I have been given the runaround by this guy. Wish I went with another company. Be very careful and get all your questions answered before choosing Sunlux.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My wife and I have been wanting to do solar energy for a while. My wife works out of our house and we have the AC running heavily in hot months. So on average, over the course of the year, our power bills were huge. So, getting solar energy through SunLux seemed like the right time and it made financial sense. I’m 67 and I’ve been in the radio business for 40 years. At this stage, you don’t want to encumber yourself with additional payments. So we paid for it in full since we wanted to keep it clean and debt-free.

SunLux Energy is also our client and they advertise with us. And since I work with them, I asked for their fifth-string installers to see what the average person was getting. However, I wasn’t prepared for the exquisite installation that they did. It was perfect. So we’ve been very happy with it. They are also very sensitive to my wife’s aesthetic needs. Ours was a difficult house, and they managed to hit our production needs to supply all the energy to have a zeroed-out power bill without the panels being evident from the street.

We’ve been live for about two months now and our experience with SunLux has been great. Our utility bill comes from the City of Pasadena, and they tend to bill on a five to six-week rotation. And our last bill that I paid was right when they flipped the switch. So, I’ve been eagerly anticipating this next bill because it’s gonna be reflecting 100% solar activation. They are good people and for them, it’s all about the customer experience.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My electric bill has been increasing especially in summers so we decided to go solar. SunLux Energy had a lot of good reviews online and their price was comparable to others so we went with them. The sales guy was honest about a couple of things. I was thinking about going with a battery system, backup system, and he said it wasn't really where it needed to be. He seemed like a trustworthy guy. We had the panels financed and SunLux had a solar energy program that they referred me to.

I had the installers put some panels in my detached garage as well as my regular house so they did some trenching which I wasn't thrilled about, but it was something they had to do. Besides that, the installation seemed painless and very professional. The guys knew what they were doing. My experience with SunLux Energy went well. Going solar is a financial decision where we rake in and spend less on energy as opposed to what we're producing. Hopefully it all pays out and in the long run, after the panels are paid off, it'll be producing energy as they've foreseen the solar panels will produce.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I have been delaying going solar waiting for the industry to mature and to see which solar companies would survive and could be counted on for any future warranty or service work. It is hard to know who to rely on so I used a professional whose opinion and knowledge I respect. He recommended SUNLUX, and had it installed on his own home. I contacted SunLux and was impressed from the very beginning. Their staff was very knowledgeable, accessible, and not pushy. The designed my system, installed it on time and on budget, and it looks fantastic. It is working as advertised, and I am happy to recommend SunLux to anyone, they are a class act.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We were very impressed with the whole process from beginning to end. Excellent job. Everything ran perfectly. We had no complaints. Communication, installation and followup were great. We would highly recommend SunLux. Now I can look forward to our electric bill!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Thanks SunLux for your awesome work. The sales process was smooth and informative, the project manager kept us on schedule, and the post install support has been very informative too. I would highly recommend bill the solar guy and SunLux to anyone looking to save on energy costs with a smartly designed layout.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I went solar for the money because my electric bill is way up there. I had other estimates, but then, SunLux Energy was referred to me by a friend who went with them and he was happy. I spoke to other people and after talking to them, I thought SunLux was better. The gentleman who came to my house explained everything for me. He gave me options. I asked questions, he answered them. He was just a great young guy and very professional. My wife was there. After we sat and talked, after he left and we said, “Yup, he explained everything.” Then the installers came in like they said they would, started, and did the job in two days. The guy who patched the wall was a professional. They were really good. It looks good. I told them, I said, “You guys are real professionals. You guys did a great job.” They cleaned up after themselves.

The only problem I was concerned about was the monthly payment. I was hoping that it was gonna be a little less expensive. I thought it was gonna be in the $185, $190 and I expected at least $3 cheaper. But it’s all right. I’m still saving money no matter how I look at it. Some of my payment amounts were $400 and some. They base it on how much you spent on the previous year. But to me, they should have a set price. I’m sure they’re making money. My neighbor across the street and a couple of other people wanted to know who did it and I referred SunLux. I told them they’re good and professional.

Original review: June 20, 2018

SunLux Energy's customer service, warranty, and the referrals made us choose them over another provider. One of the owners came out, got with us in the evening, and went over few emails with comparisons. I was impressed with his truthful answers to our questions. He wasn’t beating around the bush. He knew things that the other guys didn’t know. SunLux was 100% honest with us with everything. It was perfect.

The installation team was efficient, pretty quiet and they didn’t leave a mess as well. Our city is extremely difficult with permits and they worked with our city really well. SunLux wasn't the cheapest out there but they weren’t the most expensive too but so far, we feel that it's worth every penny. We would highly recommend SunLux. They were great to work with.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We were putting in a pool and our bills were high, and I thought that going with solar energy was a good way to save money over time. I wanted very specific solar panels and it's either LG, SunPower, Panasonic, or SunLux. I read online the comments about SunLux's service, and they carried Panasonic which was really my first choice in panels. The interactions I had with SunLux's reps were great. We were in the middle of a major project putting in a swimming pool and an outdoor kitchen, and SunLux's reps were on time and they worked better than I expected because they didn’t have to cut my driveway which I thought they’d have to do, and they found a way to do it. I was very pleased with their communication and the time limit of what they did. They also kept me informed of everything they were doing, cleaned up after themselves well, and got everything done. I highly recommend SunLux.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My electric bill was too high so I decided to go with solar energy. I looked at a couple of different providers and SunLux was the one that my wife and I settled on. The rep did a good job of spelling everything. We started leasing the solar panels but we have the option to buy them if we want. The installation process went very smooth and the project manager who handled it did a good job. He came back and fixed some broken tiles afterward. Once the panels were installed, it has been pretty smooth. I got the online piece now with my profile to pay. I would recommend SunLux.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Truly an exceptional company. From beginning to end it is top notch service and quality. I researched over a dozen companies until I ultimately decided on SunLux. They strive for perfection and perfection is what you’ll get! Very impressed and would highly recommend SunLux!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I decided to go with solar energy to save money on my electric bill. I financed my solar panels from SunLux and their sales rep named Ben was great, professional, and patient. I felt very comfortable working with SunLux. The project manager took care of the installation well and so far, I’ve had no complaints. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I’ve had solar energy about 10 years with my prior home. I have a home that I moved into a year and a half ago and I decided to go solar again. SunLux seemed to be confident and the salesman knew what he was talking about. I had a little hiccup with the installers though. SunLux would send the guys out there unequipped with some of the stuff. So, they had to make runs to Home Depot and stuff like that, so I tried to explain to them what entailed because I’m in the installation department end of another security company and I know what goes on. And when I tried to let them know upfront, they didn’t listen. But other than that, everything went smooth. The final product also seemed to be good.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Our sales rep was Mark **. He was friendly and attentive, and we really were glad we gave the business to him. Throughout the process we were kept updated about what was going on with permits, etc. Sarah ** was very nice to work with, and handled all of our HOA stuff. Getting the loan to finance was easy and quick. The only thing I am upset about is that I was forced to open an account with Los Angeles Federal Credit Union. I really didn't want to, and will have to close it after our loan is paid off. Installation was good and seamless. Follow-up after was good. Now just hoping to save some money with this commitment to solar. Thank you SunLux!

Original review: May 31, 2018

In less than 45 days Sunlux answer all questions I had about a solar system and offered me the best deal. I checked with 4 other companies and Sunlux came up on top. They were very professional and efficient. My system was up and running before the time they projected.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Our electricity was $250 a month and my decision to go solar was a good idea. My husband has a shop in the back and even though he tells me he’s not using any electricity, he’s got 220 back there and all sorts of stuff. So, I know it’s not his fault, but it didn’t hurt at all. SunLux Energy showed up and set a time. The guys were punctual and I liked that. They said they would be there and they were. Some of the other ones were late and couldn’t make it or had a previous appointment. The representative I worked with was nice and gave us all the information that we needed. He and my husband discussed a bunch of options, what we should do and how we should do it. So, we picked a program and we went with him.

The installation process was absolutely fabulous and all we had to do was say that they come at a certain time and they would come. We didn’t have to do anything. We just had to be available so, it was very painless. They called, showed up, measured and got the permits. They installed everything that they said they would and cut the cement because they had to put something underneath it and they filled it back in. When I called and said the cement wasn’t filled in, the guys were there the next day. Also, there was a gal who would call me almost every day and kept me informed. She would say what they were doing that day, where they stand and where they were at. They told me they have started with the permits and waiting for the city. Since going solar, power usage has been way down, the Edison bill is really low and we really like it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

After long and disheartening research and shopping for a solar system for my house, I heard from a friend/builder about SunLux then began hearing ads on the radio. I called, they responded with clear answers. I felt like they were sincere and honest. There were a couple of other companies I felt were good also, but I chose this one. The system is up and running as of yesterday. I watched the installation and feel very satisfied with their work. The office and engineering side seemed good. They kept in touch and kept me well informed. I highly recommend them.

Sunlux expert review by Zachary Shahan

SunLux Energy has over 20 years of experience in installing quality solar energy systems and components. Understanding switching to renewable solar energy can be expensive, It focuses on helping consumers save money but pinpointing their properties exact energy needs. Whether you’re a homeowner wanting to make the switch to renewable energy or a Californian commercial property or business owner, SunLux Energy will work with you to develop a system to meet your properties needs.

• Installation process: Upon signing a contract, SunLux will do a site evaluation, measuring your roof and conduct a shading study. Once the evaluation is complete, its team of engineers will design a system that fits your property and send it to you for approval. They will handle all permits that are needed through your city and once the proper permits are obtained, they will install your system. Finally, SunLux will do a final inspection with the city manager to check for proper installation.

• Leasing options: SunLux Energy partners with solar leasing programs and offers leasing options for people paying over $100 per month on their energy bills. Its customers who use a leasing program save over 30% on their energy bills and an average of $500 by the end of the first year.

• Financing options: SunLux Energy partners with finance companies to offer financing for its energy systems. No down payment is required and you can choose between 5- to 25-year terms. Additionally, financing your system earns you a 30-percent tax credit and allows you to own your own solar panels, which has an average return on investment of 20 percent.

• Commercial project development: SunLux Energy works with commercial clients in the state of California to maximize energy savings and return on investment. Its engineers work with your company during the design phase to develop a customized energy solutions for your business.

• Qualification: Interested customers can visit the SunLux website and fill out a form with their basic information and the amount of their average electric bill to see if they qualify to switch to solar energy.

• Best for: individual property owners looking for a customized solar energy solution.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

SunLux Energy Company Information