Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At Sunlux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how Sunlux can help you start saving money!

Sunlux Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

245 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Best price by far, a couple hiccups quickly addressed, company focused on continually improving customer satisfaction. One of their first installations in our area, so a couple process hurdles occurred that were quickly addressed and should not happen again. This bears repeating... best price by far.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

SunLux did a great job from start to finish. They showed up on time and finished the majority of the installation in one day. They handled everything including acquiring the proper permits, scheduling permit inspections and teaching me about the equipment. The installers broke two roof tiles during the installation. They let me know that they were broken and would return with new ones. In the meantime, They sealed the area to prevent leaks. It rained for the next four days and no leaks. Good job. I highly recommend SunLux.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on SunLux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, SunLux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, SunLux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to SunLux Energy Inc.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

After being harassed by a couple other companies (not naming names), we did some more research and SunLux was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the sales rep to the project manager to the installers have been so professional, communicative and a pleasure to work with. The installation was completed way sooner than I imagined, like a crew of beyond efficient (and clean) ninjas. Our only issue, which is so minor and not on SunLux at all, was a missing in action inspector from the city to give the approval of install which was quickly resolved by the project manager. Obviously the quality of the physical work is highly commended, but equally as is the quality of customer care.

The cost seemed a bit high for me at first, but you get what you pay for. And other unnamed companies were a bit sketchy about the final final cost of everything "because things always come up", but there was full transparency in the agreed upon price and we weren't surprised by anything. Being first time home owners, this project seemed like it was going to be quite the ordeal. But unlike trying to get our Nest system to connect to the internet, this whole process was seamless and (honestly) too easy. Would not hesitate or skip a beat to recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

SunLux roofing dept was outstanding! I was not pressured for solar at all as my call was for roofing. Thank you for not being pushy. Crew was professional and on time daily, I had a few concerns that were dealt with promptly and professionally! We would definitely recommend SunLux! Thanks Guys!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

SunLux was great. Were there issues with the install? Yes. Is it normal to have a hiccup here and there? Yes. What made it great though was the communication by the office and the installers. They were all very professional and courteous. Even when the city no show canceled on their second reschedule for inspection SunLux did everything they could to get me back on the inspectors’ schedule. I have already recommended them to five friends that are looking to have solar installed. Thank you for being professional, communicating, and accommodating.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Great system. After sitting with several companies we chose SunLux. Sales rep was not pushy, answered all our question. We were given a good price for a 8.91kw system with panasonic panels. The installers were great, courteous, answered my additional questions with a smile. No regrets.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Don't sign with this company. They will give you a reasonable deal during initial talks, very responsive during this time frame. But after signing in the dotted line things changed drastically. A few days after signing I review notice via phone call the price of the equipment will increase 75% due to errors on behalf of the distributor. I email the owner requesting answer and have yet to replied to. It has been over 3 weeks. My suggestion to all that read this is to go with a different company, any company. They had the nerve to force their distributor to call me instead of responding to me direct. Still awaiting answer and a resolution. Will update once I get one? But as for now don't make the same mistake I did.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

When I decided to go solar, I conducted an extensive research and got quoted by multiple companies. At the end, it came down to price, quality, but most importantly warranty. SunLux provided me with the best warranty and the best price. No other competitor could beat their quote, while providing you the extensive warranty Sunlux did.

My sales person, Adam **, was simply the best. He was so responsive and very attentive to everything I wanted. He thoroughly explained everything I needed to know in order to make an informed decision. Every time I had a concern he was prompt to respond to my calls and emails. His customer service was seriously off the charts. I would recommend working with Adam. He will make sure that everything that was promised is delivered.

The only hiccup I encountered was with another representative because I complained about the installation of my skirting system, which I highly recommend for aesthetic purposes. It was poorly installed, but they took ownership of the problem and fixed it. Adam was able to be the mediator and had the problem resolved quickly. I highly recommend that you get everything in writing when it comes to installation, especially if you are asking for something really specific. It simply helps in case there are any issues along the way. Overall, I am highly satisfied with the service and the work that was performed.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Great all around experience. Project proceeded exactly as represented and as planned except panel location needed to be adjusted slightly and installation time took a bit longer than planned but that was due to high quality of existing roof which made roof tile more difficult to be removed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

From the time the SunLux workmen came to our home to install our solar panels, until the job was completed, the men worked every minute from the time they started until the job was finished. They were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing and they completed the job at the exact time they estimated. Which was the same day I would recommend SunLux for your solar installation company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I chose SunLux because of their reputation and for who was promoting them. I might have gotten a slightly lower price elsewhere, but I wouldn't have gotten the peace of mind that comes with their process and guarantees. They were very professional from the start, even admitting to accidentally spilling some paint on my driveway that I would never have noticed. I liked how much I was able to contribute to the discussion of how big the system should be. I was included the whole time. I also like the Solar Edge monitoring app. The only thing I might have liked for them to do differently is to give me some written instructions on how to turn on the unit. I was supposed to get a lesson after the inspection. But with a last minute change of time by the county, I was unable to get there. So it would have been nice to have something in writing.

Resolution response: Nov. 3, 2018

SunLux contacted me and agreed I was treated badly. The lady that answered my call went out on maternity leave the following day (stressed due to upcoming leave). Joe and Guillermo contacted me and explained the problem. I now have an appointment for my solar estimate. I appreciate them reaching out to me and their ability to recognize a problem and rectify it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I contacted SunLux through their website for an estimate appointment without a return callback. So, I called SunLux's phone number and was told I had to have a credit score of 650 and I had to give them a copy of my electric bill. I told the lady that answered the phone I was paying cash and they didn't need a copy of my electric bill for an estimate. SunLux would not give me an estimate on installing solar. I don't think any company should make anyone jump through hoops for an estimate. I also don't think it's anyone's business what my credit score is and what my electric bill is when I'm paying CASH. I guess they don't like cash sales and people with high credit scores that are not needed with a cash sale. I'm glad other companies are not like SunLux and I wouldn't recommend SunLux to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The installation of our Solar System by Sunlux went very well... the crew came in and very methodically installed the panels and related conduit and meters in a professional manner. There were no real issues and the repair to the stucco where they installed the upgraded electrical panel was done well and the color match was good. The only area where I would have asked for a better job is the lack of any Instructions on how we can monitor the new system. They did not even give a basic summary of where I could get the information until I complained to the office and then was told to contact Sunrun. Overall, the Installation was done well, it was just the lack of any communication regarding the ongoing monitoring that could be improved.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Did such a great job. My Neighbor and my Brother had Sunlux install solar panels at their homes. Did everything that they said they would. Workers cleaned up after the job was complete. Had callback from Sunlux and Sunrun to make sure I was completely satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I interviewed 5 solar companies before I decided on SunLux. They were the only company who would show me their contract before I decided to buy from them. Their salesperson, Ryan **, continued to answer my questions and thoroughly explained my options in purchasing the equipment. Also, Sunlux is located in the State of California where I live. Many of the companies have salespersons here, but the Company itself is located out of State. That is horrible if you have any disputes with those Companies as you have to go tho their State to resolve any legal differences. Sunlux was quick to supply me with their license and insurance information. Sunlux gave me a twenty-five (25) year parts and labor guarantee. The other companies only wanted to give twenty-five years on the panels but 10 years on the labor. This was very important to me as inverters normally need to be replaced after 10 to 11 years.

The electrical inspector had signed off on their work. However, a second inspector stated some additional work had to be done on the 220 panel they installed. As soon as I contacted them, even though the permit had been approved, Sunlux was there to go the extra mile and follow the suggestion of the second electrical inspector. The stucco work done on the house initially did not blend in to the rest of the wall on the side of the house. Sunlux made sure their contractor came out again and feathered the stucco work to blend in with the remainder of the wall. I have worked with contractors on improvements to my home and I have to say they are the most reliable contractor I have dealt with -- especially after they had received their final payment!

I was also impressed with the fact once I told them what other solar companies were offering - they made sure to investigate and bring to the table any extras other companies were giving as additional perks to sign... In summary, Sunlux stands behind their product and I greatly appreciate receiving an electrical bill of $12.50 for the hottest month of the year. Solar was a good choice and Sunlux is the right company to spend your dollars with.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We are so happy with our experience with Sunlux. The support we received throughout the process was excellent. I was especially impressed with the ease of communication whenever we had a question. The panels are barely visible from the street which is great.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My solar installation included an new roof, 25 solar panels and a storage battery. Other than delays by the city for issuing permits and doing inspections, everything went as planned. The roof looks great and the solar works great. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Great service from start to finish. Rob the sales representative was very detailed and organized. The whole job was done exactly the way he told us it would be done. There were no surprises. We got the system installed in one day. I would definitely recommend SunLux!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The entire process from sales to installation was professional, efficient, responsive and accurate in terms of cost to customer and time it took to install. SunLux made every effort to ensure all aspects of the equipment and installation was clean, no damage and blended with roof and exterior walls. We are very satisfied with work. The system is running perfectly.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Excellent product and installation. From the initial salesman to the installers the entire process went smoothly and professionally, wish I had done this years ago. Definitely love to see the meter run backwards and saying good-bye to SCE! SunLux without a doubt nailed it!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Excellent customer service and they installed my solar panels properly. We wanted a way to expand our panels without buying another inverter in the future. They had a solution this requirement which we are satisfied. Also they guaranteed in writing that the parts and labor is covered for 25 years. That includes cables, inverter, and solar panels.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I worked in the water side end of the power plants for 32 years and they started putting in big sun panels. The local radio guy had three of the four owners of SunLux come into the studio and they impressed me as well as the radio announcer to the point where he bought the panels. I looked at three different outfits and one of them advertises nationally and the guy who came over told me that they would get right back to me because he didn’t have the exact bid amount but he never called back.

I liked the way that SunLux followed through and their rep was the best. They did a heck of a good job. They did it quick and cleaned up but they didn’t cross the T and dot the I. They crossed a little 220-volt with some 110, so it blew it up my AC and some small kitchen appliances. They said they would get an AC guy from Home Depot or where the other one had it and to send them the bill. They were good about it and signed off on that stuff. However, with the AC with a $1,300 circuit board in the past summer, they told me to send them the bill. There was some confusion with H&R HVAC. Back in July, when SunLux was sending the check to them for the stuff they repaired, they seemed to have moved. Also, R&R still haven’t received the check. They said they would call when they do.

I tried to get in the middle of it, and I finally got so frustrated, I told SunLux to handle it. I haven’t talked to them in about a week. The work that they did was spectacular and you wouldn’t even know they changed out the electrical panel. The clean-up was very good for contractors. Other than the final bill that they owe R&R, we’re good to go. I would like to see them finish up and also, I need a manual for the control panel and a warranty. I was into instrumentation and computers, and I’m looking at this thing but I can’t figure it out. SunLux was good except for their office help. If they can clean up their office, I would recommend them with no problem.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Our electricity bill was $1,000 a month. We decided to go solar and I had a couple of solar energy providers bid on it but SunLux gave me the best price. I worked with a good rep and he did what he said he was gonna do. We leased the panels so I didn’t have to put any money out. Getting all the leasing paperwork together was easy. They did it all and I just signed the paper. We had all the panels. So, the installation process was really easy. The installers broke some tiles, but that’s typical when walking on the roof, and then they replaced them all. So far, I have had good service with SunLux since going live for a month and a half. Also, my bill is cut in half and it is gonna be a fixed amount for 20 years.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I really like this company. The whole team is very responsive, attentive, and pro-active. They did what they said they were going to do and even went above and beyond. They really care about what they are doing and they really care about their customers. I am very happy I went with SunLux.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We wanted to save money long term and since the utility companies are out of control, we decided to go solar. SunLux's price was right. They also offered to do a lot of the permitting which was easy for me and that process went fine. Their rep did very well. He was professional and very in-depth when we wanted to know some of the technicalities. The installation was good too. The installation team were all very helpful, very friendly and they knew what they were doing. They were in and out of there in a couple of days. It's live at this point but I'm doing other constructions so the home isn't ready yet. Nonetheless, my experience with SunLux Energy has been good.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2018

After all my issues with the Inverter not working and communication issues with customer service manager Garrett, the COO Guillermo ** got in touch with me to see how he could help. Guillermo was very helpful and wanted to rectify the situation. After the Inverter was replaced, Guillermo sent us a refund check promptly for the loss of service. I appreciated Guillermo's hands on approach very much. Thank you Guillermo.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Had a conversation with sales agent Ryan around June 2018 about getting solar panels installed. Ryan was very helpful and answered a lot of my questions. Had discussions with 2 other companies and after looking at other online reviews I chose Sunlux. Project Manager set the date for panels to be installed and on the day of installation waited for 4 hours and no one turned up...wasted day for me. Called Project Manager and she said she made a mistake, apologized for not ordering parts. She worked diligently to get a crew the next day and made it work.

1 week after panels were installed final inspection took place and went online 2 days after. Went online Mid August and around the 1st week of Sept. I noticed there weren't any lights lit on the equipment that was installed outside of the house. Called this customer service manager Garrette to let him know and find out if everything was OK. He said he needed to contact SolarEdge, the company in charge of monitoring the solar usage. Got back to me 2 days after and said Sunlux needs to send a tech to my house to what the issue it. This took 1 week.

Tech came and I was told the Inverter had gone bad. Inverter went bad ONLY after 3 days. I asked the Customer Service manager Garrett why the monitoring company didn't notify anyone the panels weren't performing the way they should be producing energy. He couldn't answer my question. Garrett was rude and condescending when he was communicating with me thru email and never once admitted it was Sunlux's mistake. Kept shifting the blame to either the monitoring company SolarEdge or to me. Told me they would give me some tips next time know how to troubleshoot the system. I asked why wasn't I told this when the final inspection took place and no reply from him.

Asked him how I will be compensated during these 4 weeks or so, till everything gets resolved and said I needed to wait till the end of the year for the production guarantee. Sent me some document that had all this information and didn't even mention where I needed to go to file a claim, if that was the procedure. He told me they pride themselves on customer service. Words coming from someone who wouldn't even give me a straight answer. If this was a car that I bought and it had issues after 3 days I would have returned the car during the 1st week.

Now I am stuck after fully paying Sunlux with no helpline to call even when there is a issue. I was told by Garrett to monitor the system. Why would I do this when Sunlux has SolarEdge to monitor the production. This isn't my job to be the monitor. Very bad customer service and not happy at all the way I have been given the runaround by this guy. Wish I went with another company. Be very careful and get all your questions answered before choosing Sunlux.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My wife and I have been wanting to do solar energy for a while. My wife works out of our house and we have the AC running heavily in hot months. So on average, over the course of the year, our power bills were huge. So, getting solar energy through SunLux seemed like the right time and it made financial sense. I’m 67 and I’ve been in the radio business for 40 years. At this stage, you don’t want to encumber yourself with additional payments. So we paid for it in full since we wanted to keep it clean and debt-free.

SunLux Energy is also our client and they advertise with us. And since I work with them, I asked for their fifth-string installers to see what the average person was getting. However, I wasn’t prepared for the exquisite installation that they did. It was perfect. So we’ve been very happy with it. They are also very sensitive to my wife’s aesthetic needs. Ours was a difficult house, and they managed to hit our production needs to supply all the energy to have a zeroed-out power bill without the panels being evident from the street.

We’ve been live for about two months now and our experience with SunLux has been great. Our utility bill comes from the City of Pasadena, and they tend to bill on a five to six-week rotation. And our last bill that I paid was right when they flipped the switch. So, I’ve been eagerly anticipating this next bill because it’s gonna be reflecting 100% solar activation. They are good people and for them, it’s all about the customer experience.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My electric bill has been increasing especially in summers so we decided to go solar. SunLux Energy had a lot of good reviews online and their price was comparable to others so we went with them. The sales guy was honest about a couple of things. I was thinking about going with a battery system, backup system, and he said it wasn't really where it needed to be. He seemed like a trustworthy guy. We had the panels financed and SunLux had a solar energy program that they referred me to.

I had the installers put some panels in my detached garage as well as my regular house so they did some trenching which I wasn't thrilled about, but it was something they had to do. Besides that, the installation seemed painless and very professional. The guys knew what they were doing. My experience with SunLux Energy went well. Going solar is a financial decision where we rake in and spend less on energy as opposed to what we're producing. Hopefully it all pays out and in the long run, after the panels are paid off, it'll be producing energy as they've foreseen the solar panels will produce.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I have been delaying going solar waiting for the industry to mature and to see which solar companies would survive and could be counted on for any future warranty or service work. It is hard to know who to rely on so I used a professional whose opinion and knowledge I respect. He recommended SUNLUX, and had it installed on his own home. I contacted SunLux and was impressed from the very beginning. Their staff was very knowledgeable, accessible, and not pushy. The designed my system, installed it on time and on budget, and it looks fantastic. It is working as advertised, and I am happy to recommend SunLux to anyone, they are a class act.

Sunlux expert review by Zachary Shahan

This company can handle everything from site evaluation and paperwork and installation to maintenance—locations in California, Texas, Nevada and Arizona. For over 20 years, they have focused on helping consumers save money but pinpointing their properties exact energy needs.

• Installation process: Upon signing a contract, SunLux will do a site evaluation, measuring your roof and conduct a shading study. Once the evaluation is complete, its team of engineers will design a system that fits your property and send it to you for approval. They will handle all permits that are needed through your city and once the proper permits are obtained, they will install your system. Finally, SunLux will do a final inspection with the city manager to check for proper installation.

• Leasing options: SunLux Energy partners with solar leasing programs and offers leasing options for people paying over $100 per month on their energy bills. Its customers who use a leasing program save over 30% on their energy bills and an average of $500 by the end of the first year.

• Financing options: SunLux Energy partners with finance companies to offer financing for its energy systems. No down payment is required and you can choose between 5- to 25-year terms. Additionally, financing your system earns you a 30-percent tax credit and allows you to own your own solar panels, which has an average return on investment of 20 percent.

• Commercial project development: SunLux Energy works with commercial clients in the state of California to maximize energy savings and return on investment. Its engineers work with your company during the design phase to develop customized energy solutions for your business.

• Qualification: Interested customers can visit the SunLux website and fill out a form with their basic information and the amount of their average electric bill to see if they qualify to switch to solar energy.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

SunLux Energy Company Information

Sunlux
2015
800 S. Rochester Ave, Unit B
Ontario
19093901787
www.sunlux.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.