Call toll free
4.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sunlux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At Sunlux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how Sunlux can help you start saving money!

Sunlux Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

269 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 6, 2019

After interviewing over half a dozen solar companies, we kept going back to SunLux. Tracy ** was great from the beginning, upfront and not pushy like some of the other companies. Always responded to my questions or concerns throughout the entire process. We installed a fair amount of panels, which was installed in 2 days. Workers were on time, professional, and always kept me in the loop regarding the process. Final inspection happened within a few days after installation. After Tracey, we dealt with Emma who was our project manager, who was also great to work with. Always communicated clearly with us and was helpful during the final steps.

Markie and Garret took care of us after our final inspection. After the second day of our panels being on, we experienced a glitch due to new inverters being installed. I got on the phone with Markie and Garret and the next day they both drove out to our home to fix the problem. They stayed on the phone with the company for over 2 hours until the problem was fixed. After two weeks of having solar panels we found birds nesting under our panels. We called Markie and they are installing a critter guard at the end of the month. SunLux made this a lot easier than what we anticipated after reading all the other horror stories on other solar review sites. If you are in the process of searching for a solar company, Sun Lux is the way to go.

Teddy,

Thank you for the great of Sunlux. We are glad that you enjoyed work with Emma and Tracy and look forward to meeting your solar needs for the next 25 years.

Customer Service Manager.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I'm very green and I know that in 2020 all the rebuilds and remodels are gonna have to go solar. So, I think that I'd get ahead of the game and I've always been curious about solar. I've got a few friends that have had it. I picked the company initially through Costco, but they were trying to push a battery. It was just gonna be so involved and I kept saying that I do not want a battery. Then, one Sunday morning several months ago, while I was listening to a radio program that has everything about houses, remodeling and decorating, they had SunLux in there for two hours and they were talking about solar.

They were so transparent and their explanations were very clear. I thought of having them come out and give me a bid. The whole experience was very positive and I liked the salesman. My interactions with them were easy and accessible. I didn’t have to run around trying to call them and I was able to get a hold of somebody. The first guy that came out was Tracy. He was a very nice guy and he spent a lot of time with me and went over everything. I'm very happy with him. I also spoke with Liz. She was the project manager and I did most of my contact with her through email. She kept me abreast on how it was going and when they submitted the plans to the city. Everything went smoothly and I ended up buying the panels because I've heard that when you lease them, it kinda gets a little weird when you sell. The installation was in one day.

We have 100 amp PAL and I was told that they would not charge me if it needed to be upgraded to 200. So, after the installation, I was trying to do some DIY stuff and putting in a new light fixture and changing out some light switches, I turned off the main but when I tried to turn it back on, it kept tripping. This happened two different times and the last time, I just could not get it to stay on. So, I called out an electrician who came out at 7 o’clock at night. He was a con artist so I sent him back. The next day, I had an actual legal licensed electrician come out and he said that the panel wasn’t graded for solar. He said that SunLux probably knew about it, but they let it slide. Today, I talked to Derrick who's in customer service and he said that they can upgrade now for $1,500. I told him that I was initially told that it would be a free upgrade if needed. Other than that, I'm really happy with SunLux.

Donna,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. Batteries can be a little tricky and if you ever decide to get one give us a call and we can explain all the perks.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I interviewed 5 solar companies before I decided on SunLux. They were the only company who would show me their contract before I decided to buy from them. Their salesperson, Ryan **, continued to answer my questions and thoroughly explained my options in purchasing the equipment. Also, Sunlux is located in the State of California where I live. Many of the companies have salespersons here, but the Company itself is located out of State. That is horrible if you have any disputes with those Companies as you have to go tho their State to resolve any legal differences. Sunlux was quick to supply me with their license and insurance information. Sunlux gave me a twenty-five (25) year parts and labor guarantee. The other companies only wanted to give twenty-five years on the panels but 10 years on the labor. This was very important to me as inverters normally need to be replaced after 10 to 11 years.

The electrical inspector had signed off on their work. However, a second inspector stated some additional work had to be done on the 220 panel they installed. As soon as I contacted them, even though the permit had been approved, Sunlux was there to go the extra mile and follow the suggestion of the second electrical inspector. The stucco work done on the house initially did not blend in to the rest of the wall on the side of the house. Sunlux made sure their contractor came out again and feathered the stucco work to blend in with the remainder of the wall. I have worked with contractors on improvements to my home and I have to say they are the most reliable contractor I have dealt with -- especially after they had received their final payment!

I was also impressed with the fact once I told them what other solar companies were offering - they made sure to investigate and bring to the table any extras other companies were giving as additional perks to sign... In summary, Sunlux stands behind their product and I greatly appreciate receiving an electrical bill of $12.50 for the hottest month of the year. Solar was a good choice and Sunlux is the right company to spend your dollars with.

Gina,

Thank you for the awesome review of Sunlux! We are glad that you enjoyed working with Ryan and he explained all the benefits of going solar. If you have any questions about the production of the system please don't hesitate to call and thank you for choosing Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I worked in the water side end of the power plants for 32 years and they started putting in big sun panels. The local radio guy had three of the four owners of SunLux come into the studio and they impressed me as well as the radio announcer to the point where he bought the panels. I looked at three different outfits and one of them advertises nationally and the guy who came over told me that they would get right back to me because he didn’t have the exact bid amount but he never called back.

I liked the way that SunLux followed through and their rep was the best. They did a heck of a good job. They did it quick and cleaned up but they didn’t cross the T and dot the I. They crossed a little 220-volt with some 110, so it blew it up my AC and some small kitchen appliances. They said they would get an AC guy from Home Depot or where the other one had it and to send them the bill. They were good about it and signed off on that stuff. However, with the AC with a $1,300 circuit board in the past summer, they told me to send them the bill. There was some confusion with H&R HVAC. Back in July, when SunLux was sending the check to them for the stuff they repaired, they seemed to have moved. Also, R&R still haven’t received the check. They said they would call when they do.

I tried to get in the middle of it, and I finally got so frustrated, I told SunLux to handle it. I haven’t talked to them in about a week. The work that they did was spectacular and you wouldn’t even know they changed out the electrical panel. The clean-up was very good for contractors. Other than the final bill that they owe R&R, we’re good to go. I would like to see them finish up and also, I need a manual for the control panel and a warranty. I was into instrumentation and computers, and I’m looking at this thing but I can’t figure it out. SunLux was good except for their office help. If they can clean up their office, I would recommend them with no problem.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My wife and I have been wanting to do solar energy for a while. My wife works out of our house and we have the AC running heavily in hot months. So on average, over the course of the year, our power bills were huge. So, getting solar energy through SunLux seemed like the right time and it made financial sense. I’m 67 and I’ve been in the radio business for 40 years. At this stage, you don’t want to encumber yourself with additional payments. So we paid for it in full since we wanted to keep it clean and debt-free.

SunLux Energy is also our client and they advertise with us. And since I work with them, I asked for their fifth-string installers to see what the average person was getting. However, I wasn’t prepared for the exquisite installation that they did. It was perfect. So we’ve been very happy with it. They are also very sensitive to my wife’s aesthetic needs. Ours was a difficult house, and they managed to hit our production needs to supply all the energy to have a zeroed-out power bill without the panels being evident from the street.

We’ve been live for about two months now and our experience with SunLux has been great. Our utility bill comes from the City of Pasadena, and they tend to bill on a five to six-week rotation. And our last bill that I paid was right when they flipped the switch. So, I’ve been eagerly anticipating this next bill because it’s gonna be reflecting 100% solar activation. They are good people and for them, it’s all about the customer experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: June 21, 2019

Getting solar is a process. SunLux explained the process and we went forward with the installation of solar. They always kept us informed and kept all appointments. We are very pleased and would hire again. Our system works great and we are now saving money. Thank you.

Cheryl,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. We are glad that your system works great and is meeting all your energy needs.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 19, 2019

We talked to some people that had used SunLux versus others. They explained the difference in how they function. That sounded good. We went ahead and met with the SunLux representative here. He was knowledgeable and wasn’t pushy. He wanted to make sure things were done in accordance with what we were trying to accomplish. We felt comfortable working with SunLux. We wrote a check and paid for the system.

The installation went well except for one thing. We had the instrument put inside our garage so that they weren’t outside. The installers came and they put everything in the way they normally would. But when the inspector came last week, he couldn’t approve it because he said that whenever you put that instrument inside the garage, there has to be a panel outside the garage and inside, not just outside. We wish the installers would have known that going inside that they needed to do that. They haven’t come back yet. But they’re trying to find the next time they’ll be in the area so they can put in the rest of what the inspector required. We should then be set to go, hopefully. We also had a little bit of damage where a couple of our bushes got kinda beat up and one of the little characters that we had in the lawn got broken. But that’s not a big thing. Overall, we were quite happy with the service and everything. It was very good.

Marvin,

Thank you for your review of Sunlux. We apologize for the issue with the garden gnome and bush, these items will be addressed with our crews. Don't forget about Sunlux's referral program that gets you paid for friends and family that go solar.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 12, 2019

I picked SunLux for solar to install on my elderly parents house. This was after 5+ other quotes. Price was the best. From signing contract to power up was better than imagined. Customer service is fantastic (thanks to Sarah). Solar production is right on. They know how to design a system. I recommend them highly.

Ronald,

Thank you for the great review of Sunlux. We are glad that you enjoyed working with Sarah and look forward to meeting your parents energy needs for years to come.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have solar before in my old house. When I got this new house, I wanted solar 'cause we use quite a bit of energy. We have two kids always at home. I got SunLux from online search. I read the reviews and saw them rank number one in Southern California so I gave them a call to see. I compared the price with Tesla and with different companies, and I decided to go with SunLux. They're great and easy to talk to. They're on-time and very professional. They respond about anything and they know what they're doing. It was about a month or so from the time I signed up to when I went live and I've been running on solar energy since January. It's free so I don't have to pay any electrical bill. The only thing I have to pay is the service fee connected to the grid.

Kevin,

We are glad that you enjoyed working with Sunlux. Don't forget about Sunlux's referral program that gets you paid for friends and family going solar.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 6, 2019

SunLux is a service-oriented company, always helpful and informative of the system they installed. Glad to establish the trustful and reliable relationship with SunLux. I will definitely refer SunLux to everyone I know. The saving energy cost and feeling of saving the earth makes me happy.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We enjoyed great service quality and have been happy with the follow up since we had the system installed on both our homes two years ago. One of the great features is being able to monitor the system on our phones and our return on the investment has been outstanding so far.

Mike,

We are glad that you are happy with your service from Sunlux. Our monitoring application allows you to view production from a smart phone or tablet and comes in great when you get your utility bills.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I am very pleased with SunLux and I would recommend this company. Everyone I spoke with was helpful and friendly during the entire process. When problems arose, they were quickly resolved. Since the solar panels have been installed everything is working well and are functional.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I recently completed my solar project with SunLux. They did a great job with my installation. They set the proper expectation on start and end times of the install and the communication throughout the project was excellent. Freddy and Liz were always quick to respond to questions and were so helpful all along the way! I did have one issue with the wiring I wanted corrected. The owner of the company contacted me directly and personally ensured that the issue was addressed. For me it is great to see the owner backing up the work first hand ensuring the customer is happy when the work is done. I would highly recommend SunLux. Oh, and their prices were far better than any other I received. Bring them in without hesitation.

Dave,

We are glad enjoyed working with Freddy and Liz in regards to your solar project. Ensuring customer's happiness is Sunlux's number one priority and we look forward to meeting your energy need for years to come. Should have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call and thank you for choosing Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: April 16, 2019

Great company, great people, great job. They used first rate materials, the workmanship was excellent, and the whole experience with them was very good. Also, after all my after installation questions have been dealt with very professionally. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for solar.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We installed a swimming pool and thought our electrical bill would be pretty high. Rates are high here in SoCal so we just thought going solar be cost-effective. We did a comparison with four other companies and SunLux Energy seemed to be better. And Bill, a SunLux salesman, was very knowledgeable and had the best explanation of the system. The installation was done very professionally and was finished all in one day. Right now, we’ve gotten three bills and the system is covering about 90 percent of our electrical needs. I was hoping to drop it 100% though. Hopefully, when the summer rolls around, we’ll have a little more daylight, and we can cover all our electrical needs.

John,

We are glad you chose Sunlux to meet your energy needs. Bill definitely enjoyed working with you and please don't hesitate to call us and we can go over your first bill since going solar.

Garrett Kramer

Original review: March 25, 2019

From the beginning to the end we were completely satisfied with SunLux and their customer service exceeded our expectations! We were informed on a weekly basis regarding the status of our project and everyone had the utmost professionalism and courtesy. Could not have ask for a better company or staff to work with.

Darlene,

Thank you for the great review! Sunlux takes great pride in our customer service and keeping in constant communication with our customers every step of the way. Should you ever have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 24, 2019

Great company and great services. They worked with me through the entire project and made sure all my questions were answered. My electric company attempted to slow the process but SunLux keep me on pace and now I’m on solar and looking to enjoy a better electric bill. Would recommend this company to family and friends.

Reginald,

Thank you for the great review of Sunlux. Sometimes we run into issues with the utility company and we try to work through them in a timely manner. Should have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call and thank you for choosing Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 19, 2019

Highly recommended! Super fast and really easy to work with! The whole process only took about three months and they were up and running! Very quick response to email and worked great with scheduling around our busy life. Great customer service!

Britney,

Our customer service is always here to answer any questions that might come up. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you for the great review of Sunlux.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 15, 2019

There were a few bumps in the road along the way to completion, but in the end SunLux pulled through and delivered us a 26 panel system that we look forward to helping us produce our own energy for years to come.

Jeff,

We did experience a few issues but glad we could work through them. We look forward to meeting you energy needs and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to call.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 13, 2019

Excellent service - they really know what they are doing. It was a great experience and I wish I would have started sooner. Great experience, highly recommend, motivated, great with roofing, sales employees are understanding, priced right, easy to understand, helpful.

Robert,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. We enjoy giving excellent service to all of our customers and creating a great solar experience.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 7, 2019

I researched for months on solar systems and companies. I found Sunlux with great reviews and they were a distributor for the Panasonic brand panels which I wanted to use. They made the entire process easy from start to finish. Their team is extremely helpful and courteous from the quoting through installation.

James,

We are glad you are happy with your Panasonic panels. Thank you for the review and our team is always here should you have any questions or concerns.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 4, 2019

SunLux installed our system at the end of last year, and we have been online since January. We decided to go with a ground mounted system, and so far we are very pleased with the results. We decided to go with them after hearing their advertisements on the radio. We appreciate how Sunlux has a very strong customer service team that is proactive to check on how things are going or answer any questions.

R, Orona,

Thank you for the great review of Sunlux. Ground mounts are one of our specialties and we enjoyed designing a system to meet your energy needs.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have my Solar installed in 2018, and I was so happy that my Edison bill is so so cheap, it’s under $ 6 a month. Every things goes well, from start to finish, everyone I met from the salesman to the inspection was very nice, I would recommend to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

SunLux was patient in answering all my questions. I was always able to reach someone with questions. Work was clean and timely. Follow up was great. Everything was as promised. The price was reasonable compared to other quotes. I highly recommend SunLux.

Katrina,

Thank you for the review of Sunlux. We are always here to answer all your questions and look forward to meeting your solar needs for years to come.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I recommend SunLux. Company representatives were always helpful, easily accessible, and courteous. The installation was well coordinated with installation of a new roof by another contractor. Installers were professional and County inspector commented on high quality of the installation. All my questions were answered and the price was reasonable.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I cannot say enough good things about SunLux. From start to finish our project was seamless. SunLux provided us with updates through the whole project. We always knew what was going on and what the next step would be. Everyone we met or came in contact with during the process from the sale to final inspection was AMAZING! I would recommend SunLux to anyone looking to install solar.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Best price by far, a couple hiccups quickly addressed, company focused on continually improving customer satisfaction. One of their first installations in our area, so a couple process hurdles occurred that were quickly addressed and should not happen again. This bears repeating... best price by far.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

SunLux did a great job from start to finish. They showed up on time and finished the majority of the installation in one day. They handled everything including acquiring the proper permits, scheduling permit inspections and teaching me about the equipment. The installers broke two roof tiles during the installation. They let me know that they were broken and would return with new ones. In the meantime, They sealed the area to prevent leaks. It rained for the next four days and no leaks. Good job. I highly recommend SunLux.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Please do your solar system research homework. I spent almost 8 years researching and interviewing prospective solar installers and finally settled on SunLux Energy Inc. My installation was one of the first to use both solar and battery systems. This install was tough going at first, however, SunLux provided on-going support throughout the entire process. In fact, SunLux continues to provide great support to this day. My first yearly bill indicated that SCE owed me. Wow! Now that's a smoking solar/battery system. Kudos to SunLux Energy Inc.

Anthony,

Your project was our first battery installation and from the sound of your Southern California Edison bill we did a pretty good job. Thank you for the review and we hope Edison continues to owe you money for years to come.

Customer Service Manager

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

After being harassed by a couple other companies (not naming names), we did some more research and SunLux was a breath of fresh air. Everyone from the sales rep to the project manager to the installers have been so professional, communicative and a pleasure to work with. The installation was completed way sooner than I imagined, like a crew of beyond efficient (and clean) ninjas. Our only issue, which is so minor and not on SunLux at all, was a missing in action inspector from the city to give the approval of install which was quickly resolved by the project manager. Obviously the quality of the physical work is highly commended, but equally as is the quality of customer care.

The cost seemed a bit high for me at first, but you get what you pay for. And other unnamed companies were a bit sketchy about the final final cost of everything "because things always come up", but there was full transparency in the agreed upon price and we weren't surprised by anything. Being first time home owners, this project seemed like it was going to be quite the ordeal. But unlike trying to get our Nest system to connect to the internet, this whole process was seamless and (honestly) too easy. Would not hesitate or skip a beat to recommend them to anyone.

Sunlux expert review by Zachary Shahan

This company can handle everything from site evaluation and paperwork and installation to maintenance—locations in California, Texas, Nevada and Arizona. For over 20 years, they have focused on helping consumers save money but pinpointing their properties exact energy needs.

• Installation process: Upon signing a contract, SunLux will do a site evaluation, measuring your roof and conduct a shading study. Once the evaluation is complete, its team of engineers will design a system that fits your property and send it to you for approval. They will handle all permits that are needed through your city and once the proper permits are obtained, they will install your system. Finally, SunLux will do a final inspection with the city manager to check for proper installation.

• Leasing options: SunLux Energy partners with solar leasing programs and offers leasing options for people paying over $100 per month on their energy bills. Its customers who use a leasing program save over 30% on their energy bills and an average of $500 by the end of the first year.

• Financing options: SunLux Energy partners with finance companies to offer financing for its energy systems. No down payment is required and you can choose between 5- to 25-year terms. Additionally, financing your system earns you a 30-percent tax credit and allows you to own your own solar panels, which has an average return on investment of 20 percent.

• Commercial project development: SunLux Energy works with commercial clients in the state of California to maximize energy savings and return on investment. Its engineers work with your company during the design phase to develop customized energy solutions for your business.

• Qualification: Interested customers can visit the SunLux website and fill out a form with their basic information and the amount of their average electric bill to see if they qualify to switch to solar energy.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

SunLux Energy Company Information