4.88/5
  • 1 star
Based on 126 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunLux is a solar energy provider that provides a variety of options in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. At SunLux, we make sure that you are well informed about the products and its benefits and we let you decide when you are ready. We offer residential and commercial services with the option of owning or leasing the product. Call us today to learn more about how SunLux can help you start saving money!

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2018

126 SunLux Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Very professional from start to end. Professional installation and looks good. Very responsive to call, question were answered promptly and request was fulfilled. Great help from Ms. Karissa **, she did an awesome job!!! Will recommend to friends and family.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Excellent Service and competitive pricing. Best bid out 6 companies. Our salesman, Victor, was great. He was very helpful, knowledgeable and straightforward. The installation was quick with no issues. The panels look great compared to a lot of other companies. Would highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

The installation of our Solar System was efficient, thorough, clean, and professional. An electrician friend commented on the professionalism of the installation. There was great communication throughout the project. The system is working well and we are pleased with the system and the appearance of the system on our home.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

SunLux is Awesome, best Solar install I have seen so far, if you are picky about aesthetics, the Sun Lux roofer is the best, they worked with me, and came up with a clean design and install. Could not be happier, saving $$$ on my electric bill and my wife likes how it looks, a win-win :). They also are very competitive, ask for Michael ** VP of sales for the Sun Lux deal.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I decided to go solar to reduce the overall cost of electricity and to be environmentally friendly. Several close friends of mine have used SunLux and it sounded to be not only the best price in town but also the best performing company in lines of solar. So I got a quote from SunLux, and Victor, the rep that came out, gave me all the information like the kind of panels he will be giving me and then told me to shop around but guaranteed that other companies won't beat their price. I had gotten quotes from other companies. And before I met SunLux I might have gone with another company. My girlfriend happens to be an attorney and she started reading the fine print on the contract with that company. After a couple of questions, the salesman stopped returning the call and we realized they were ripping us off. We got none of that with SunLux. They were very upfront about everything. So I bought their panels.

Victor was very knowledgeable, personable, down to earth and responsive. He wasn't like a salesman but a personal friend showing the product. Everybody that I met with SunLux did a phenomenal job. From the guys that installed the panel to the salesman were very professional. They did a very clean, neat job. I'm vain all about the way things look. They ended up having to rip the side of my house apart to put a new panel box in and everything else. But after everything was patched up and cleaned up, my house looked better than it did when they started. SunLux’s price was a bit better than everybody else was and I would have paid more for the overall service I got from them and the way they treated me from start to finish. They were really quality. I've had the system for about a year and I haven't had to call anybody to look or fix anything. It's been good for a year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlux?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

SunLux was recommended to me by my neighbor. At that time my city was providing a rebate when you go with solar energy so I had the potential to save money. Their representative provided all the information I needed. He was actually competing against Solar City but at the end of the day he came up with a better pricing than Solar City. Also he followed up consistently and then I got to meet some of the SunLux team.

So I leased the solar panels from them and their crew did a good job installing them. Although one of the guys didn't put a tile up on the roof, there was another guy that came back to put it back. Also I had to tell where I wanted everything because they wanted to do it their way, which I didn't think was the best way to do it. So eventually they switched to make it happen the way I wanted it. At the end of the day they did the best they could to get it done the right way.

They can improve their calculation of the amount of power I would be able to produce. I'm on a year of having my solar system and it did not produce what it was guaranteed it would produce, which makes my return on investment isn't as worth as I thought. I called SunRun and told them about the issue, that I was paying more electricity to the city than what I was getting in return from them. They said that all they can do is reimburse the difference of the amount of power I was not able to generate, and it will more than likely continue for the following years and more because of the panel degrade and I'm not quite happy about that. But overall SunLux's customer service was good.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Somebody from SunLux called and they sent someone who convinced us that their product will reduce our electricity. When I was in Edison Company I had a 20% discount so sometimes they charge me less and sometimes almost nothing. I only paid $1.45. And then the following month it's more especially when during summer. I'm paying the same every month with SunLux. The first solar company that came was SunRun and they charged me more than SunLux. It's better for me to go solar especially when summer comes. So when summer comes I'll see if SunLux would charge me the same as I was told.

The reps from SunLux were very helpful. If I had a problem I called them and they were willing to assist me. The installation process was okay. One time I had a problem with my electricity as it just shut off. I had to call SunLux and I was glad they came and fixed it for me. I will recommend them if somebody asks me and tell them that SunLux is good.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

We want to preserve this earth for next generation and we want to go green. My brother-in-law has solar and he recommended SunLux. I've had very good interactions with the representatives but I haven't heard from anyone or received any of the $500 rebate they promised. Their guys did the work for the panels and were good. The first time for service, there was a hiccup but they were able to monitor it after two weeks. They came over and did something upstairs and it's working all right now. I pre-paid for the whole of 20 years and I still need to get a bill from the electric company. What I'm paying is the non-energy portion only so I need to log in and find out how much my production is. Also, I have referred SunLux Energy to a few of my clients and they sounded interested.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We purchased a home that was almost 4,000 square feet with a pool. We knew that our electric bill will be going to be sky high if we didn't have solar and it was definitely the savings that made us go with SunLux. At the time, they were offering almost $3,000 gift card. A Visa Card back once the solar was installed. We purchased the system and the process was relatively easy. But the installers left quite a mess in our yard and the last time they didn't even tell us they were leaving, leaving our garage door open. We were also a little frustrated with the reps. Our representative was okay but he was very difficult to get a hold of and they kept pushing back our install date.

When we did our initial sit down with them, we told them we wanted to have a 100% coverage for our house so there would possibly be some sort of refund or we wouldn't owe anything at the end of the year from the electric company. We just received an update stating that our end of the year which is next month and we've had it since February last year. We were under the impression through the summer that we had a 100% coverage. We would get our bills from the electric company saying we owe a $1.50- $1.65. Nothing more than $2. I thought because we had solar, that's all we were going have to pay. Nobody explained to us that they're drawing more energy during the summer month. Right now we've got a balance of almost $1,500 that we're going to have to pay come next month.

We had a representative come out about a week and a half ago to verify that the solar is operating properly, that all the panels are working properly. They're apparently going to get back to us. The lack of communication from them was very frustrating. Especially now, getting that last minute bill and especially after Christmas I'm surprised. They definitely did not explain the whole process to us as far as what was concerned. I would suggest others who are interested in them to ask a lot of questions.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Solar panel installation - A nice experience from Darren **, the sales representative, to the gentleman who did the final inspection and everyone in between. When calling the office the people there were very attentive and answered any and every question I had.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have received a great service from Jerry. He was very responsive and helpful. I am happy with my SunLux solar panel and would recommend it. Compared it with 3 or 4 other companies and this was the best one.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I don't feel comfortable using electricity for air conditioning because I can’t afford it so I never run my air-conditioning. But I'd be roasting and not comfortable and not do anything because it's too hot in the house. I have high electric bills. So, by getting solar, I can run my air-conditioning, feel comfortable and not feel stressed out about electric bills.

I had three providers come out and do estimates and they said my average electric usage wasn't high enough and that I didn't qualify. My level pay plan was $48 a month. A representative from SunLux went through the program and said that he could get it through. I told him I wanted my money back if it didn't. I didn't want to pay for something if it couldn't get hooked up. He guaranteed it and said that I needed the breaker box upgrade. I said I wanted the breaker box and wanted it definite because this house was built in '64 and I knew the box was maxed out. I didn't want them to find a way around it and not give it to me. They put it in the contract that I would get a breaker box upgrade and I did. They were really good. They did a beautiful job with the panels too.

I was surprised during the installation though because they told me everything would be done in the attic. When they went to get the permit, grantors didn’t allow that because they wanted firefighters to see where the electrical was if there was ever a fire. And going to the roof, they wanted to know that they were not axing through electrical wiring and stuff. So our city required it all to be on the roof. I understood that and I'd rather have the firefighter and be safe than sorry, and I didn’t care if it didn't look as nice.

SunLux took care of getting the permit but it took two weeks to get it when I could have gotten it a day. I had other work done and got all the other permit the same day. And with the solar, they said they wouldn't let me do it and that they had to take care of it so it dragged that out. But when they came out, they were really quick and got the solar panel up. After everything was done, they updated the breaker and stuff. It took them three days. The entire process was good and of the five different contractors I had, SunLux was one of the best.

When the app wasn't updating regularly and I thought that was just part of it, I called in and complained that I wish I had it more current. They said that since I had Wi-Fi, they could have it updated immediately within a couple of minutes. They would have to let me know more about the app though because they told me about it and said that I just use it. But they didn't give me any user guide, any explanation or what I could use with it. I'm 60 and I'm not into computers as much as other people probably are.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

The people at SunLux Energy I'm dealing with came out when they were supposed to and they did do everything they were supposed to do. But I have just not been getting the bill of the light company and I need the passcode to learn how to read it and all that. Somebody came by here first to talk to me about it and was supposed to get in touch with me but hasn’t yet. But as far as their attitude they’re very good. And there were two people that came out they were informative and told me everything.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Energy cost was increasing and I don't see it stopping. I had a friend that recommended SunLux to me, and they were a better choice than the one that I was going with. Interacting with their rep was excellent. He was on it. He called me back all the time, was conscientious, and sincere. I like him. The installation process as very good, and the project manager who handled it was efficient and courteous. I'm satisfied with SunLux. I think they misdiagnosed the panels and the usage though, because I'm still not quite getting what I need to get out of the panels.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Excellent work & Great Customer service. I will highly recommend them. We had several other solar panel companies come to our home and give us estimates but none were close to SunLux in price and in Quality, they guided us step by step throughout the whole process including permits from City. I will highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We hired SunLux to install solar panels on our home. They did a terrific job. Everyone we came in contact with was courteous and professional. The job was completed in a timely manner and we are now enjoying the benefits of clean energy.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've been in the same home now for eight years, and my bill has been going higher and higher with Southern California every year because my family has also gotten bigger. A family friend works for SunLux Energy so I gave it a try. The rep that I worked with was very detailed and very knowledgeable. I actually went out with three other people and felt more confused. But he cleared all that up. I'm leasing the panels based upon the breakdown of the pricing and how SunLux would support and take care of the panels. Everything seems to be fine since the installation. They were very thorough and when things weren't working properly, they got back and fixed it immediately. I love it and I'm very happy with their service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Since the bills were going up too high, I got into solar then I had great interactions with SunLux Energy's representative, Michael. I was impressed with his knowledge and that he stood by what he said and offered. Also, when one of their installers hit a main wire in our electrical and it burned out my microwave, stove, washer and dryer, they stood by everything and fixed it. They repaired what the sub had done to our satisfaction and they replaced all the appliances. Everything was good.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I already had the ideas and the intentions of wanting to switch to solar for savings. SunLux Energy's sales adviser happened to take his personal vehicle to my shop for regular maintenance and that’s how everything started and I decided to go with them. I like their rep's people skills and everything was straightforward. However, things could’ve been much quicker. I was expecting that after I signed last week, I’m going to have those panels already installed two weeks later. But we got to get a permission and approval from the city and get their inspectors to come over. Once we got the city’s permission to install the panel the process was quick. It was easy and quick to install. There were multiple techs that did the installation in two days. Furthermore, we financed it because I want to be able to own the panels someday, and not have the stress of having those panels taken away.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I got quotes from 4 solar companies, Solar City, Solar Spectrum, SunLux Energy and the 4th company I can’t remember the name (it was a solicitor). Out of the 4 SunLux was by far the cheapest. But for me price is secondary to customer service, and Dan ** and the rest of the SunLux team were very nice and prompt at answering questions and I felt like they were going above and beyond what is needed in helping me feel comfortable with such a major purchase. I would highly recommend SunLux Energy for your solar needs, NO buyers remorse here whatsoever, very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

SPG&E said that our rate is based on the amount of power usage compared to our neighbors, which wasn't true, so they put us at a tier-three price. We contacted our neighbors, looked at their bill and their price per kilowatt was way less than ours. I was desperate so I made a call to SunLux, and their rep seemed like he was willing to accommodate anybody that called him. Others would have asked me half a million questions about my house, where I lived and so on, but he was like, “Sure, we’ll do it.” However, we were constantly telemarketed after that. They didn’t know how to take us off their list. But Carissa was a great contact and she was helpful in the whole thing.

I financed the SunLux panels and though it's only been three months, I’m almost done paying for it. We have two solar systems - we have an off-grid and an on-grid. So, I hired two separate companies to do the work and the installers were good. They worked hard, fast and they did a great job. Now we have free electricity. Our meter runs backwards majority of the time ‘cause I had it overbuilt and that’s a real relief. I just hope I can live long enough to enjoy the long term 'cause these things last quite a few years.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I researched and got in-house proposals from 5 Solar Companies. I was looking for a system that can generate enough electricity so that I don’t have pay electricity ever again. SunLux designed the perfect system for us. After doing some research on the internet, I found the panels they are using have very high reviews. The cost of the system is reasonable, service was great and Installation was super-fast. I highly recommend SunLux.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My son has solar from SunLux Energy so I decided to get solar from them as well. Their salesman came out and based on what they told me, I was okay with SunLux and went with it. My interaction with their rep was good. He was upfront, explained some things, told me how the process works and didn’t really pressure me to buy. It was like, "Here it is, here’s what we have to offer. Let me know what you think, and I’ll bring back the engineers and we can tell you how it goes together." I gave them a down payment and they told me based on the number of panels and the down payment, what my monthly payment was going to be. And then I made a withdrawal and that was the end of it. The installation went quickly and smoothly.

The installers told me how big my panels were. I’ve only had them come out to look at the system once after it was installed so I don’t know whether the thing is running at maximum performance. The problem I’ve had with them was their billing. One month I’d get billed for double, one month I wouldn’t get billed for anything. And they kept putting it off as a computer glitch, and it happened more than once. So, I had to call them, and I had to call San Francisco trying to get it resolved. And I got the same company line, “Oh, we have a computer problem we’re so sorry.” But that doesn’t solve my problem trying to keep my record straight, and then I had a couple of months where they didn’t bill me and then suddenly billed me for a little bit and I called and said, “How come I didn’t get billed this month?” They can’t tell me. So, that’s foolish.

If it continues to work like it is right now, I have no problems with it. Because there’s only about a third of what I was paying. My average electric bill was over 500 bucks a month, no matter what I did. And then during heat months during summer, it was over 700. So, based on what I pay and the way it’s working out, I’m just as happy as a pig in the mud. I would tell my friends to call these people and listen to what they have to offer. They did everything they told me they were going to do and they did it in the time frame that they told me they were going to do it. They explained to me how it was going to go even though I don’t like them crawling on my roof and I gave them a bad time about that. It scares me because the roof is 30 years old. But they did everything they said on time, they told me straight up what the cost was going to be, and it was my decision whether it's a yes or no.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My experience with SunLux was very pleasant. The customer service was there every step of the way, and constantly kept me updated. The field engineers dispatched to do the job were very professional and efficient. I hope my experience helps others in making their choice. I would definitely recommend SunLux to family and friends.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

SunLux Energy has been asking us for a couple of years, and we've been good friends through the years so we thought we finally had the opportunity to see something about it. I had some questions for them and we liked the deal, and we haven't regretted what we did. Every question that we had was covered and there was no real pressure. Also, the installation was good. I didn’t even know they were around. They also cleaned up after themselves, so there was no obstruction. Their cost is reasonable and the quality is really good. I was one of those people that didn’t believe in solar, but I'd tell others that they can’t go wrong with SunLux. This is one of the best decisions I've made.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

SunLux Energy installed a new solar system for us. They were competitively prices and every level of their staff were professional. The project was completed on time at no increase in cost. The sales staff was informative, and the installation crew was well trained.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Guillermo, the SunLux gentleman who spoke with me initially, really knew his business. He knew the ins and outs of solar energy and can answer every question I ask about it without having to look it up. He's a very knowledgeable person, so he convinced me of going solar and SunLux helped in the financing process by answering questions that I clearly didn't pay enough attention to when I was dealing with the financial part of it. Its cost is appropriate. I'm willing to invest in a quality product and a professional installation and to get everything exactly what they are.

Their installers showed up on time which, unfortunately, is rare these days with contractors. They had a pack to wait out and ready to go and they impressed me with their professionalism and their attention to detail. The finished product looks great and my roof doesn’t leak. It was a great experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm very thankful for everything they've done. It was a professional and excellent operation that stepped me through a process that I had no information about and they did so in a great manner. They're doing so well I wouldn't recommend anybody else.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We love our new solar panels and they function just as we hoped. Communication with SunLux was good from the office to our sales rep. Good prices for the high quality panels. Love the sleek low profile appearance. I appreciated how we were kept up to date with scheduling and installation.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I compared 7 companies and SunLux had the best equipment warranty (25 yrs), roof leak warranty (10 yrs) and labor warranty (25 yrs). Their sales representative, Ralph **, was very nice, informative and professional. Their project coordinator, Sarah **, was very responsive and made the process very smooth. They are a professional company and they took care of any issue that came up through the installation. I would use them again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We use a lot of electricity and I like to run my little portable heater. We looked into going solar and my husband constantly talked to the SunLux salesperson and he was very happy with him. The installer was very nice and very professional. He told me everything that was going to happen and where things were going to go. He even asked me if I was okay with the wires going certain ways. And I liked the way it looks. I don't have wires all over my house. It was very good, and we have recommended SunLux to two of our friends.

SunLux Energy Company Information

www.sunlux.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use