Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1308 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I carry my Lively Mobile device everyday and while I really haven’t used it, I’m happy with it. I put my device in my pocket. I can’t stand it around my neck because it’s jiggling around it. Shortly after I got my device, my cradle didn’t work and they sent me another one. They were very nice because they mailed it to me right away.

One time, I called when they were advertising a different model at 25% off, and the guy that answered the phone said, “Are you a customer?” Because I had called on a different line, there wasn’t a line that you could call on in the ad. I said, “Yes, I am. I have one.” He then asked what do I need another one for. My daughter was thinking of getting one, and I was really checking for her. But at the same time, I know it’s smaller and it’s lighter, and I didn’t know price-wise if it was about the same as what I have, and if it covers the different things that I have. He didn’t answer me and kinda hung up on me. So I didn’t call back. Other than that, I would recommend Lively Mobile to anybody. It’s a great company.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Lively Mobile is a good product and cheaper than others. I've had it for a couple of years and I feel pretty good about it. I wear it around my neck but I've gotten tired of it so I put it in my pocket. I like the other one which was on my wrist instead of hanging around my neck. I've had some falls and the response has been good. I pushed the button and the help came right out.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a tendency to fall and I decided I better have somebody to rely on. I've had Lively Mobile for a few years and it makes me feel more secure. I wear it around my neck and I've been trying to remember to put it on every day. At night, I have it next to me on my nightstand. I've been doing okay.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I fell down one time and my kids bought a Lively device for me. I didn't want it, but I'm getting older and if I go down, I'm gonna need somebody to call. The device works all right and it's been nice. I like the idea, but I'm not satisfied with the piece. I had the big metal one and then they cut down a little bit, which is still bulky. I've had it a little over two years and when I go to the club, everybody's got a small one hanging under their shirt and you don't even know it's there. Meanwhile, I got this in my pocket and if I fall in my pocket, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get to this. If you go on TV, they got these thin ones people put on and I'd like to get one of them instead of this heavy thing, which is also so damn wide and big. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I've had my Lively Mobile button for three years now and I've only used it one time. I woke up at around 11 o’clock and I didn't know what was wrong with me. When I pushed that button, I had help quickly. The rep called everybody on the list but because it was a foreign area code, none of the family would answer. It wasn't the rep's fault. She did everything she could do, and she stayed on the phone and didn't leave me, not one minute. It was 25 minutes before I ever got any help. I finally called my niece myself and she got the ambulance. When I started out the door, I said that I knew what was wrong with me. My sugar had gone up to 400 and some. But I had never had experience of that sugar being up so I didn't know what was wrong with me. But now, the family knows to answer Lively Mobile.

I carry the button in my pocket although I carry my cellphone in my pocket too. At the time that I got the button, I was falling. I came up with spinal stenosis and I'm too old. People wouldn't do anything about it and I just had to struggle with it. But I haven't fallen in a long time now. I guess I've learned to walk. I walk with a walker in the house and then when I go out, I walk with a cane just because I'm afraid to get out and fall. Still, we're all up in our 80s and every one of us has got a button. My sister says that she can't do without her. And I'm not gonna do without mine either. It's security that I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My father in law was having difficulty using the telephone, so we got him a Lively Mobile. My interactions with the reps of Lively Mobile have been very good. He wears the device every day around his neck and then puts it in his shirt pocket. We feel more at ease now. I don’t know if he would use the device, but if someone were to find him, then they would be able to use it. We would recommend Lively Mobile.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I am 73 years old and do at times trip and fall. I have had my device maybe 2 years and when the newest one came out it was upgraded. The problem I have had is that in the past year I have fallen 3 times and the fall detection never did anything. I have talked to customer service each time and had gotten 3 different answers. All have said that it is only activated when you fall a certain way. REALLY. I have complained enough that each time I was sent a new one. I just received my third one and I am hesitant in using it. The last time I fell (3 weeks ago), it did not go off until 14 hours later, surprise. I guess I was very lucky to be able to finally got up on my own, maybe next time I will just lay there till I expire. I really want to believe in the product, and feel that if I am paying extra for the fall detection, It should work when I do fall. Not really happy.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Mike, we are sorry to hear about your experience and that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The fall event should be detected almost immediately. The emergency call is made approximately 20 seconds after the fall event. If you can get up and walk within this 20 second interval, then your safety device will not make an emergency call. The safety device may not detect 100% of all falls. In the event of a fall, always press the Call Button if you do not hear the voice prompt that your fall has been detected.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have reached the age where I needed a medical alert device. It would also make my kids more relaxed if I got a button that I can push if I fall. The Lively Mobile device is fine. I wear it around my neck when my daughter is gone and usually if she's here. I also feel safer having it. I know that if I fall, either the doctor or the emergency people would be here in no time flat and my children would know.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I wear my Lively Mobile device all the time. In case I'm out driving around or I'm home alone and I have a situation, I can call for help. I dropped it a couple of times and it went off, and they responded quickly. I didn't realize it was gonna cost this much, but when I added the fall protection, that's what made the price go up. The experience has been fine overall.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I know someone who has problems walking and has to use a walker. She's home alone at times and unsteady on her feet. Lively Mobile was highly recommended through Walmart and I feel that she is much safer with having it. She wears the device around her neck or pinned to her top. At night, she leaves it on the charger because my dad lives with her.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I live alone and considering my age, my family wanted to make sure that if anything happened, I would be able to get in touch with someone right away. At times, I feel that I really don't need my Lively Mobile but to make my family happy, I have it. It's on the side of my bed. I'm supposed to wear it but I can't stand anything around my neck. My children say, "What good is it, Mom, if you fall and you can't get up?" But I feel that if anything's gonna happen, it would be in bed. That is a stupid way to think though, because I can fall and there are a million things that can happen but I don't worry about it. It's terrible. Every so often, I would tap the buzzer and they're right there when I hit it. Someone would come on and answer. They've been very good and accurate. If you're living alone, Lively Mobile is something that you can depend upon. It would be very smart to have it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My daughter bought me a Lively Mobile device but I’m not a fan of these things. I keep it charged and I know exactly where it is but it’s not around my neck unless I’m going up a ladder and if I’m hanging curtains or doing something that I shouldn’t. I’ve had it for a few years now and I’ve only used it to call once in a while to make sure it’s working. If there’s nobody around, the Lively Mobile is my help button and it’s better than not having it on but it’s a nuisance and I can’t be bothered with it when I’m doing my housework. I don’t want things around my neck and I’m not comfortable with things hanging on my body. I have been independent for a long time and I remained so because I want to and that one hanging around my neck made me feel I have to have someone looking after me. It’s wonderful though if you need and use it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

A friend of mine had a Lively Mobile medical alert device. I thought it might be good to have so I decided to get one. However, I don't sit well with the black cord. It's a terrible visual thing for me and for this reason, I won't wear it. So the cord sits on my kitchen table and the device sits on my nightstand.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I fall over occasionally and my husband is on hospice. We needed something that we can depend on and we chose to go with GreatCall Lively Mobile. It appealed to me that it was sold over at WalMart and it was about as cheap that we could get. I have the device for about a year now and I wear it around my neck, but I don't wear it at night-time. I’ve tested it when I first got it to make sure it was working and I feel more independent having this device.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I’m 91 and being at this age, I decided to have a Lively Mobile device. I don’t mind wearing the device at all and I even forget it’s there. I called them once by accident and their team was right on top of me. They worked with the fire department and then an ambulance came before I had the chance to tell them that it was just an accident. I've been feeling a lot better since having the Lively Mobile. I know I’m safe now.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I had a cardiac episode and we immediately bought the Lively Mobile device. Then, we added the service for falling down. I hit the button accidentally a couple of times and my interactions with the Lively Mobile team who are fine. The device works. If you're interested in getting one, I’d be more than glad to tell you what we’ve done.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My friend and I were looking for a device and we both saw the same Lively Mobile ad in the paper. We figured if we both saw it and liked it, we would pick it. Their rep helped me set it up and I put the device on especially when I go out in my yard. Then, I put it on the charger every night. I have a sister that lives in another town from me and she’s always falling and I’m trying to talk her into getting one. I’m 84 years old and I’m happy that I haven't had to use it, but I know it would work if I do. I know it’s always working and when I’m using it, it’s blinking like it’s supposed to and I feel safe with it on.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My daughter got my wife and I a Lively Mobile as a Christmas present out of concern for our safety. We're both in our 80s. And for the past year, the wife hasn't been wearing hers because she is in an Alzheimer's facility in Pontiac, Illinois. So, when I'm not visiting her, I am at home by myself. So, it's good to have. I'm 85 years old but I have always been self-sufficient and confident in my own judgment. I'm careful if I go up and downstairs or involved in any physical activity. I don't overdo myself. I do have a sense of security when I wear my Lively Mobile.

I've had Lively Mobile for a couple of years now and the middle light sometimes flashes red where normally it's green all the time. I get curious if it's still working so I'd press the button and I probably have pressed it over three times, and I always tell their reps it's not an emergency. I just wanted to know if it's still working. The rep seems to think that my signal was not as charged as what it should be. Overall, their reps are friendly and the service is good. Lively Mobile suited my preferences real good and I'm very well satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have a friend who had a medical alert device and I live alone and she insisted that I needed one. I got a Lively Mobile and I had some problems in the beginning. Every once and a while, the battery will warn that it needs charging and I had to contact them about how to do that. Also, I have pants that don't have pockets and I put the necklace thing on which I can't figure out how to do. I had my booklet out and it said that I had an attachment included that I could hook it on to my pocket. But I don't recall receiving that. I went through a drawer where I keep things like that and I couldn't find that. But a lot of this is my fault that I didn't read all of the material correctly. I have learned that when it needs to be charged, it will give the little warning.

The device has been operative and I could use it. Also, the reps were pretty good to respond when I have a question. And I have a niece that lives in an area where I have to go through a park and there are no cell towers or anything like that, so it would have to depend on the satellite. So, that's the reason I prefer it to some of the others. It's a comfort and I feel much safer for having it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was losing my breath and had to go to the hospital. They gave me whatever medical alert device they had. I feel uncomfortable wearing my Lively Mobile, but it's nothing bad and it’s only once in a great while it bothers. One time, I fell and I had to use it. Their team got a hold of me right away. Also, for a few times, the device showed the red light on it. I called it in and they fixed it right away. I had a very good experience with Lively Mobile.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My friend had Lively Mobile and I thought that would be nice if I had one. So, I got one too and I've had it for 5 years now. I'm 78 years old and in case I fall or need help, I'd be absolutely fine. It makes me feel safer and I take it every place I go. I have it around my neck. It's too long though but I wear it anyhow. I would like to get a smaller one, but I don't want to spend the money. Every once in a while, I push the button to test it and the experience has been okay. Their reps are very friendly.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had fallen twice and I decided I needed something. I was out at Walmart and picked a Lively Mobile up right there. I put it on, wear it all day until night, and then charge it at night. I feel much safer since I've had it and I’m very satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was told by customer service that my father would be answered in the language he spoke when he calls for an emergency. When we received the device they only speak in English and then transfer to a Spanish-speaking person. Meanwhile your father has to wait for transfer. I return the product. Paid almost $100 and they only returned $67. They charge you for stocking fee and they charge you for activation fee. The first time I spoke to them they told me they would return my stocking fee because I only had it one day, we never received the money and when I called they told me no. It was not possible for them to return it. I also have not received the $42 monthly fee that they charge me. Buyer beware. They're a bunch of liars. If you want your family member to die waiting on the phone for them to transfer them to the correct language then go ahead and get this horrible service.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Carmen, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile. Language translation services are provided with the 5Star service. GreatCall utilizes a 3rd party language communicator to assist with any translation needs. We have reviewed your account and see that you received a refund for the device and the monthly fee. The refund is always processed back to the original card used. Per GreatCall’s 30-day return policy, for any reason within 30 days from date of purchase, you are not completely satisfied with your phone or device, we will refund the activation fee, the first month's service charge, the cost of the phone/device, plus applicable taxes, less the restocking fee and shipping charge. As a courtesy, we will process a refund for the $10.00 restocking fee. Please allow 3-5 business days to process.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I'm 79 years old and I live alone. I have Lively Mobile cause I never know what can happen. The device makes me feel more secure. I feel safe and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have a history of falling and I got a Lively Mobile device. When I'm getting in and out of the bathtub, I get dizzy, so I usually have to sit a little bit before I get up, and having the medical alert device makes me feel safer. About a week or so ago, I called Lively because my device quit working. Then, I would charge it and recharge it, and all of a sudden, it is not working again. As a matter of fact, when my daughter, who is out of town right now, gets back, she is going to return the device to Lively and call them. Also, I wear the device around my neck and it is very irritating. And if I have it on too long, it feels like it is rubbing too much. I wanted to have the wrist one but my daughter said that I needed a smartphone for that. Other than that, I would suggest that others should use Lively Mobile and be comfortable with it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I live alone and I fell in the bathtub one time and I panicked. I was able to get myself out of the bathtub but it was a struggle, so I looked into Lively Mobile. I used it once when I fell in Boscov's Department Store and between the alert system and Boscov's security, they took care of me. I saw how quick and well it worked. Also, when I go into the shower, I hang the device on a shelf right near, so I am more secure. I know that if something came up and I needed it, I could get to it and I would be okay. Whenever I needed the Lively Mobile’s customer service team, it worked. With Lively Mobile, I know I'm not alone. It's here if I need it. All I gotta do is push that button and someone will be available to me. It's a worthwhile thing to have and I have friends now who have them too.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My daughter thought it would be a good idea to get a medical alert device. I got one from Lively and when I was getting set up, their reps were fine. The device makes a whole lot of difference in my life and my daughter had me call it “My Hug,” so I'm to wear it as a hug from her. In a way, I feel safer when I'm wearing it. When I go down to my basement, I think twice about getting on the steps and I go back and get my Hug on. Also, I have a dog and I take him walking, so I don’t use it as far as an extra piece to take walking. Not that my dog will help, but we just walk in the neighborhood and I figure somebody would find me if I fall. I don’t dislike the device but I don’t feel compelled that I really need it. But it is a good thing and maybe I'm just a little bit lazy about using it.

I keep the device in its holder and when I take it out and wear it, I know it works because it makes a little sound. It is also easy to use and I wear it around my neck. I wanted to get something that I could wear around my wrist, so I got the wristband, but I find that it is really easy just to wear it around your neck. Overall, the Lively Mobile is a great idea.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Since my wife died, my kids talked me into having the Lively Mobile medical alert device. Also, I'm out in the country by myself. I wear the medical alert about once a month or so and I rarely take it out of the charger. I usually wear it when I'm working outside. I just stick it in my pocket. I've also told people that I have it. Sometimes I wonder if it's not a waste of money, but my kids want me to have it. Still, I would recommend Lively Mobile to others and I would tell them that it would give them a safety feature.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I wasn't physically well so I got GreatCall and I have been with them for 3 years. They understood when I hit it accidentally. Their response was also quick enough for me. Once in a while, I put it on the charger and it will say it's just starting up again like it has been off and I don't understand that part. The only problem I have with it is I hate hanging it on my neck. It feels like a bridle so I usually pin to my clothing. But a lot of my friends also has the device and I've never seen anything negative on it.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My daughter-in-law and son felt like I needed Lively for their protection. I've had it for about four years and I never use it. It's a pain in the neck. I've been after my daughter-in-law to cancel it, and I can't get her to do it. She's afraid that if something happens to me, my other kids will blame them for not having this device.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall expert review by Shelley Webb

Lively Mobile is a mobile urgent response device for consumers. As part of the GreatCall family of health products, Lively Mobile links up to a team of dedicated professionals who believe in helping older adults retain their independence while ensuring they can get the help they need during a medical emergency.

• Fashion and style options: Consumers can wear Lively Mobile around their necks as a necklace or as a wristband. Lively Mobile is available in silver and gold.

• Package options: Lively Mobile's package options include Basic at $19.99, Preferred at $24.99 and Ultimate at $34.99. Each tiered package has different benefits, with the higher-priced packages containing more features.

• 5Star Urgent Response: Each package option comes with 5Star Urgent Response. A team of dedicated professionals are waiting to help consumers at a moment’s notice.

• GreatCall Link: Consumers who choose the Preferred and Ultimate packages have access to GreatCall Link. This service allows family members to stay in contact with health updates through the GreatCall Link app.

• Portable and durable: Lively Mobile is a waterproof device, and its light weight keeps it portable and hassle-free. It also works on a large, dependable wireless network to ensure it stays connected wherever it goes.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or uncontrolled epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
What problem is Lively trying to solve?
Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
How does your Lively measure success?
We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information