Call toll free
4.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1264 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We are staying with the company but the quality of the GreatCall Mobile device declined when they switched from 5 Star Splash to the Lively Mobile. The new mobile device in its best performance has kept the charge for close to 8-9 hrs. My mom and I followed up with the company. It was checked over the phone. Previously we were told to give the Lively Mobile device a chance because if we get a replacement and the old device is found to be ok, then we would have to pay for the new device, too. Because of this threat, we shrugged our shoulders and decided to wait. Today when we called to report the worsening problem, the customer service rep, who was very professional, said he will send out a new Lively Mobile device, no problem.

The company is soon getting new charging stations which will give the device 18 hrs, he said. It seems like GreatCall is recognizing what happened with the mobile device change-over. Before the mobile device change-over, I would have given GreatCall 5 Stars for this particular service because the emergency response, customer care responsiveness, and computer program are excellent. I hope the new device my mom receives and eventual new charging station bring the quality of GreatCall back to what it was!

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased a unit for my mother about 9 months ago. The first unit worked fine for a while then a problem developed. A new unit was sent out. The second unit failed again and a 3rd unit was received. That unit would only stay charged for 4-5 hours a day before the light turned red and had to go back in charger. That's really not a good way to monitor for falls day after day. Called customer service and a fourth unit was recently sent and again it has the same charging issues. My mother lives alone and this not acceptable. A battery should at least last more like 16-18 hours. I will be looking for another company as soon as I can.

Lively Mobile response

Bob, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. Most devices stay charged up to 24 hours, however, signal strength and some active services may cause the battery to drain faster. We do recommend that the Lively Mobile be charged daily, for at least 90 minutes and it can be charged overnight as you cannot over charge it. If possible, a 15 or 30 minute charge during the day will boost the current charge and you may find that it last longer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Direct Customer
Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

A Lively customer for only a few months, even the replacement device sent to me works intermittently. Have spent nauseating amount of hours on phone with Customer Service and Escalated "service" and cannot count on this product to protect me. Am completely alone, have low vision and a history of falling. Had a Splash for years and it was very reliable. But the Lively is unpredictable... don't even know it's not working when it stops, until I go to charge it and it makes no sound and pushing the button doesn't work at all. Yesterday, I thought the replacement device was operating, so felt safe to do some work in my garden. Came in the ! to rest, put it in the charger and SILENCE. PUSHED THE ALERT BUTTON, NOTHING - but the light kept blinking on and off as if safety in place. GUESS THIS DEVICE IS JUST LIKE CUSTOMER SUPPORT - ISN'T OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY EITHER! I am fed up with this not great at all product!

Lively Mobile response

Renee, we are sorry to hear of your experience with your Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The Lively Mobile has a Service Indicator in the center of the device that blinks white when your device is in a coverage area, indicating your device is working. If you are in a no coverage area, this same light will blink red. The Battery indicator, above the Service Indicator, will be off when the device is fully charged, and it will flash red when the battery is low and needs charging. While charging, the Battery Indicator flashes green and when fully charged, it will be a solid green light. If the Battery Indicator does not flash green when charging, please call Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 5am and 8pm Pacific Time, and advise of this specific issue, so that a resolution can be found. At any time, you can test your device by pressing the button and advising the agent that it is a test call. We do recommend that you charge your Lively Mobile for at least 90 minutes per day and you can charge it overnight as it cannot be over charged.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My husband is 90 years old and we got the GreatCall Lively Mobile medical alert device about a year ago so we would have it if we had an emergency. I called in and had it sent up to us. It’s charged to my credit card and I pay 31 something every month. Our interaction with the customer service team at Lively Mobile was okay. I used the device once when my husband fell in the bathroom. I had to call somebody to help me get him up and they asked me what was wrong. I told them my husband had fallen and that I cannot help him get up because he’s too heavy. Besides that, the bathroom is small and he's 6 feet tall and he was kinda trapped in between. The rep said that they would have somebody out there to help me right away. Someone was there really fast.

The alert device is a nice security thing here. If something happens, I can call for help. My husband has a pacemaker and he’s afraid to wear it. He doesn’t carry the alert device with him all the time and the one that we have here is just for the home. It’s plugged in here and I have to keep my eye if he’s outside or whatever. If he falls, I would run in and I’m the one that would push the button on it. Nevertheless, having a Lively Mobile device is a very good idea for emergency purposes and I would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The Lively Mobile medical alert device gives people a peace of mind, especially for the extended family. My mother and I are pleased with the device. She has it due to her age and she's left at the house by herself when I travel. She has become a little more unstable on her feet and she has to use the walker more than a cane. So, the Lively Mobile is something she definitely needs to have with her all the time. She likes it a lot and I would recommend it to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Even way before I got to be handicapped, I’ve had the Lively Mobile device for many years. I was thinking that I might need it because I fall sometimes. I tested the device this morning and the response time was great. They answered immediately and we had a good interaction. The people at Lively Mobile were very friendly and would tell me that everything is working properly. It’s comfortable to wear around my neck although I have seen some that are cuter and that I like a little better. Usually, I push the device to hang, but this morning, the lady who I spoke with told me that she would go ahead and hang it up for me. It is simple to operate even though I’m over the hill now. I get confused sometimes, but it has been nice to have around and the cost was reasonable. So, I’ve enjoyed it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I live alone and I didn't want to get caught in something alone if something happened, so I decided to get a medical alert device. I had a Lively Mobile device a few years ago and this time I chose to go with them again. I've had the new device for three years and it has been working fine. I wear it around my neck and I take it off at night and put it near my bed. Everything has been good in my experience with Lively Mobile and I've always recommended their product to my friends.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was having trouble with my balance and a few times, I fell and I could have really used a medical alert device at that time. And so I went ahead and got a Lively Mobile device. So far, it went off twice. First was when I was using the lawn mower and I bumped it against the mower and the device went off. Also, the same thing happened during the winter with the snow blower. Within seconds, the team at Lively Mobile contacted me. Although I didn’t need anybody at that time since I hadn’t actually fallen, they were very understanding about it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

One of my sons felt that I needed a medical alert device if I fell and he looked into different equipment and since I still drive he felt that Lively Mobile was the best one for me. I'm 86, widowed and I live alone. I wear the device around my neck and at night I charge it by my bed because it needs to be charged once a day. However, I might need a new unit because it needs to be charged sooner than the day is ended. Although I haven't had to use it yet it makes me feel more secure.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Lively Mobile has worked fine, and I'm pleased with it. I'm alone now, and at my age, I had fallen a couple of times already, so it made me think that I needed a medical alert device and that was why I got one. Mine has the fall detection and they would come on and say they were 5Star medical alert and they detected a fall, but I didn't need them. I could get up and nothing was broken and nothing was bleeding, so I was all right. Nevertheless, the response time was adequate. When I have spoken to someone at Lively Mobile, it was also good. I'm used to the device now, and it has been part of me. I know that it's there and it's available and I can use it and I know what to do. I recommend it. If someone is interested in getting an alert system then they need to try this.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I’ve had an open-heart surgery and then, I fell and broke my hip. I’ll be 81 years old in December so my kids thought I needed a medical alert so I got a Lively Mobile. I’m not using it right now because I’m just staying in my house but if I start feeling bad or I’m by myself, I’d charge it and put it back on. I've tested my button before and they responded right away. The only thing that I disagreed with was the light flashing all the time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I fell two times so because of that and my age, I decided to get a Lively Mobile. Then I found out that I wasn't wearing it. I wouldn't mind something that I can wear around my neck that's flat. I don't want that big thing that I've got to wear around my neck. With that, I forget to take it with me so it's a waste of time because it's left on my counter at home when I go some place. I have seriously thought about calling and cancelling it because of the fact that I don't wear it. I don't think it fits me. Other than that, Lively Mobile is fine.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Since we know the Lively Mobile device is working other than our house, we feel more comfortable that my wife has it. We've recommended quite a few people to them for that reason. When we went camping, I called to ask them if they could bring the signal up in case we had an emergency and they said, "Sure. We got it. We know exactly where you're at and everything."

It rained hard while we were camping and when we got something to eat my wife grabbed the handle on the camper to go inside and her hand slipped, and she fell and broke her wrist and arm. It wasn’t two minutes that the Lively Mobile team was on the phone and asked if we needed an ambulance. I said, "No. I'm gonna carry her to the hospital." They said, "Do you know where the hospital is? You will have to go to the end of the road on the camp grounds. Take a left. Stay till the end of the road. Cross over the road and take that road to the top of the hill and then at the top of the hill is the hospital on the right hand side."

When we got to the hospital, the lady said a nurse would be waiting on us. They had everything ready when we got there. They would call in once in a while just to check and make sure everything was alright and we were well pleased with them. There was no paperwork or anything. They had everything done for us so that saves a lot of time there. The doctor reset my wife's arm and wrapped it and all that stuff. He got her comfortable. It worked out because we had to leave the next day. When we went to the specialist in town he looked at the injuries and said, "They've done a good job. Done exactly by text."

I really appreciate the good job Lively Mobile did. I appreciate the efficiency and the knowledge they had of us and how they handled the situation. It kept us from doing any panicking and the instructions were very thorough. If I could recommend them to somebody, I would be more than happy to. I would buy their product again. I would also feel very comfortable using it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I got a Lively Mobile system for safety reasons. The Lively Mobile team set it up for me. Since having the system, I feel secure.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I’m living alone and with my age I’m sure my family will all be more at ease knowing that I have a medical alert device. I wear the Lively Mobile device all day long at home. At night, I put it on the thing that recharges it. The Lively Mobile device gives me and my family great peace of mind. Also, I’m very happy with the Lively Mobile team. I know that they’re there when I need them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Please do not count on this device to protect your elderly parent. We got it for my 88 year old mother-in-law who lives alone & has fallen before. We had paid on the device for 16 months & on April 3, 2018, Mom fell & the fall function did not alert. In trying to get herself up, it got wrapped around behind her & she could not press the button for help. She laid on a cold, hard tile floor for about 18 hours before we found her. She spent 2 weeks in the hospital & since then has been in assisted living.

I called Lively on 4/17 to discontinue service & requested a refund since we don't know if it ever worked. Missa told me she was escalating complaint to manager who would call me back. On 5/29, after not hearing anything from them, I called again & spoke to Justin, who took all information again & said he would refer to Leadership team & someone would call back. It's now 8/15 & I still have not heard from anyone. This tells me that all they're interested in is collecting their monthly fee. They don't care about our parent & they won't care about yours. I would like to know why the fall feature, that we had to pay extra for did not alert. We were lulled into a false sense of security with this device & if we had not been checking on mom daily, it could have ended even worse than it did. Do not trust this device.

Lively Mobile response

Hi Kathryn, thank you for assisting us in resolving this issue. It was a pleasure speaking with you and we are glad the matter was resolved.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My family kept asking me about getting a medical alert device and they helped me purchase a Lively Mobile. It gives me independence and I do not have to depend on somebody else, which really means a lot to me. However, it is too big and cumbersome to hang around my neck so I just keep it close and when I go out somewhere, I take it, but I don’t wear it. A couple of times, my phone service went out and I punched my little button. I asked them to call about my phone and they did. They had also got somebody here. I’m satisfied with Lively Mobile.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a stroke and I blanked out. I'm alone, I have dizzy spells from time to time and I have a walker too. My sons got me a Lively Mobile and I feel much confident and more safe with it. I take it with me especially when I’m getting a shower. I’m doing okay now and I'd recommend Lively Mobile to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I'm satisfied with my Lively Mobile and I've used it a couple of times just to find out if it was working. I haven’t had any need for it so far but I put it around my neck and then I plug it in at night. The price, as I see advertised, is cheaper than what I’m paying and I’m not sure if it's due to the coverage. Nevertheless, I have an emergency option and I can call in some help when needed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I'm past 88 years old and I have a GreatCall. One time, I was walking from my living room into my dining room and I had a stroke on my left side. My leg and my left arm were up and weak but still usable and I hit the floor. My grandson's big white shepherd dog was there with me and he didn't know what to do for me. Then my GreatCall went off and I couldn't make out what the lady was saying until finally, I started to get to my senses.

My grandson and his wife lives here with me and takes care of me but they were on vacation in Mexico at the time. My son next door was also away and my other grandson up towards Pittsburgh wasn't available. There was nobody to get a hold of, so GreatCall's rep got the ambulance out here and I was able to make it up. I didn't break any bones but I was badly messed up. I hobbled out to my patio enclosure on one leg, leaned in against the wall, and got out there when the ambulance came. I talked to them and heard my son come home. He talked to them and I told them that I wanted to wait for a little bit until my grandson got home because he was on his way home with his wife. So, I ended up in the hospital and I was up there for four days. It took me two months to get straightened out.

I also got a power wheelchair that I have to use to get around outside and one time, I dropped off the edge of the walk and it tipped over with me. That jolted me but GreatCall come on right away. I couldn't figure out what their rep was saying as my head wasn't cleared up yet but my grandson took over and talked to him. He was also able to get me back up, got the wheelchair up, and got me in it. GreatCall's rep wanted the ambulance to come out but my grandson told him that he didn't think it was gonna be necessary, so I didn't go to hospital anymore.

Based on my experience, GreatCall's response was very good. I love this device and I don't ever want to be without one again. I wear it around my neck and it's very comfortable. I don't even realize I got it there. But my GreatCall got to a place here where it didn't wanna run all day. It started to beep an alarm about 7 o'clock in the evening before I was ready to go to bed and the battery got weak on it. I was thinking about getting a new one but I don't know how to do that because they'd bill me for the one I got and the new one, too. Other than that, GreatCall is very helpful and I would recommend them to anybody. They're the one to go to because the device comes off from the satellite no matter where you're at. That's the best one. These other ones are just good in your house and they ain't worth a dime when you're out someplace.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have had this unit, or one of the three replacements, for over a year and a half. They say battery life should be 24 hours. I have NEVER even gotten 12 hours without it beeping to be recharged. I am retired and usually don't get up until 10:00 AM. I go about my day and usually watch TV until midnight or 1:00 AM. Yesterday I put it on fully charged at 5:00 PM and it was flashing red and beeping by 10:00 PM. I tried to call to cancel my service at the 24/7 customer service number only to get a recording to call back during business hours! When I got through this morning they talked me into trying one more replacement device. I will give them one more chance but I don't hold much hope.

Lively Mobile response

Hi Dale, we are sorry to hear about your experience with your Lively Mobile. The Lively Mobile allows for “up to 24 hours” of standby (device is on but not in use) but weak signal areas can greatly reduce the standby time. However, we encourage you to charge your device every day. This will ensure the Lively Mobile has enough battery power to make calls, should the need arise. If you have any further questions, please call our Customer Service at 1-800-733-6632 between 5am and 8pm Pacific time, open 7 days a week.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My husband is an invalid. He cannot stand or walk and he is usually in a motorized wheelchair. Sometimes, when he is out, he gets stuck and he has fallen out of the chair a few times. I purchased a Lively Mobile for him and it has come in very handy. It has worked well, too. We've been very satisfied with it and it has been quite helpful. Also, our kids kind of wanted it to start out with because we live on a farm and my husband likes to get out.

I'm the first one on the list to call if anything happens to my husband and sometimes when I'm in the house and not out with him, he buzzes it and Lively calls me then I go to find him and find out what's wrong. So, my husband is able to go outside more independently because of the alert button and I don't have to go out with him. Otherwise I stay right close by in case he gets stuck again and needs a push. We've had to call 911 a few times as well when he had fallen out of the chair and I could not lift him but I could determine if he was injured in any way.

When we got the Lively Mobile, we put our emergency number on it and my husband has it all the time, so if we need to call for a roadside service, he could call them and I'm very comfortable with that. But a few times, I had problems when my husband had not been able to understand the responder from Lively. The last time, he got stuck up at the shop. He was going up there and he was on his chair. There must have to be a little ditch there and he was cut on both sides. But the responder called me to tell me that my husband needed my help. So, Lively gives him some security and if he has a problem and he punches the device, they're going to call or notify the ones that are on the list and he can get some help. I'm comfortable with him going outside knowing that he can do this and if he needs my help, I can go and get the help if needed.

We plug the device in every night when we go to the bed on the charger that's right beside my husband's night stand and when we did that last night, for some reason, the light in the upper right hand corner stayed red all night long. Usually when I see that, I kind of move it around to make sure that it's in the charger and the seat part of it. And usually, that does it. But my husband was up late last night watching the ball game and I thought maybe it was off the charger too long. So when I moved it around, it did not get the green light back on even though it was on the charger. This morning, the red light was still on, but I didn't move it around. Then the green came on and we just left it on there for a little while longer to make sure that it was charged.

Other than that, we've been very pleased with Lively Mobile. It gives us a lot of peace of mind and security for my invalid husband. He wears the device all the time but sometimes it'd slide out when he bends over on his wheelchair. So, I put it on a necklace or chain around his neck and it works great. I have also recommended it to friends.

I've also talked to other friends that have the Lively Mobile as and they've been impressed. Some of them changed from a different company because of the range since Lively can be used everywhere. The device has a longer range than a lot of other medical alert buttons and I like that. We have a friend that has very limited range in the area that he was able to cover with his alert button and one of my friends even said that his old device didn't work if he went to the bank, but the Lively Mobile does. Also, from what I have heard from others, the cost of Lively's service is pretty good and not outrageous as far as the monthly charge on it is concerned.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was passing out and could not be brought to the hospital without going in an ambulance and my family was afraid to let me go anywhere by myself. I was referred to Lively Mobile by a friend and I called the 800 number. I have a large Lively Mobile pendant and I put it on my bra and wear it everyday. I take it off at night, put it on the charger and put it back on me the next morning. The other night, it triggered something. It said it was a fall alert and it said to push the button to cancel it. I pushed the button but it didn’t cancel it. This was midnight and the police called me. Then somebody called me and she had my name wrong and then she called my daughter. First, my son-in-law answered the phone and he could not understand her. Then, my daughter got on her machine and she just hung up because she thought that it wasn't my name so she had no idea who it was. Lively Mobile should check the names a little more carefully.

But I’ve been happy with Lively Mobile. It reacts quickly. It has kicked in for me about five times. One time, I dropped it when I was putting it on and it right away kicked in with the fall alert and I got a response from Lively Mobile. I have encouraged some of my friends to get one and one of them tried to send in the information to give me a credit like Lively Mobile said I would get and they kept telling me that the patient number I gave them wasn’t right and I don’t know if I ever got a credit or not. But overall, Lively Mobile has given my family more peace of mind that if I should fall, there will be somebody right here.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Sharon has been falling and we were concerned about her safety when she is by herself. She wears the device around her neck and she says it bothers her when she sleeps, but otherwise, it’s perfect for her. She gets a call any time it detects a fall. The reps call quickly and they know that she doesn’t quite understand how to talk to them when they’re trying to get her attention through the device. There have been times when the EMS came but there were also times when she has fallen and it didn’t connect to either emergency services or Lively Mobile's reps. But overall, the Lively Mobile works well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Marilyn has a bad memory and I’m afraid that something would happen to her. I got the Lively Mobile device because we were going to Florida and I was afraid if she got away but we’re not gonna go anymore because I got sick last year. She never wants to leave and I don’t know what to do if I should keep it. She stays home all the time so I don’t put the device on her because when she sits down, she drops it and then it goes off. But if we go someplace, I put it on her in case she gets separated from us. It’s on her neck and it’s comfortable but she’s self-conscious. She won’t go anywhere with it because she says if people see her with it on, they’ll think she’s crazy.

Every place she goes, she just drops down. And I’m home almost 90% of the time, so I probably should just stop it. But if we go to any place, I'd like to make sure she wears it. I worry about her but if she goes into the bathroom, I make sure I can sit in a chair and watch her when she comes out the door and make her feel like she’s not being treated like a baby. We’re going away for a couple of weeks in October. We got a condo someplace and we’re gonna go for a seller tour and I’ll put it on her then but I might just cancel it after that. When she has used it though, it has worked well, plus Lively Mobile’s reps have been very nice.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I needed a medical alert device and I saw the Lively Mobile brand in the AARP magazine. I’m glad I’ve got my alert device just in case it is needed. It is heavy around my neck, though. Nonetheless, my experience with Lively Mobile has been good and it would be fine to go with them.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My son bought a Lively Mobile unit at Walmart for his dad for Father's Day. It was still about $19 a month that time. We had that for a few years and when he passed away, I picked it up because I live alone. Lively Mobile's reps are wonderful. The first time that I had an issue with it, they told me how to correct it, then it worked a while. The second time though, the light just went red and stayed red, so I needed a new unit. My daughter called in last week and it came at a very appropriate time because I use it when I go out of town. When I go out of town, I have it in the car with me and I wear it when I'm on a trip. I usually test the button before I'm going on a long trip and the response time is almost immediate.

I had trouble the other day though and I'm never sure how long I'm supposed to charge it. Also, I am disappointed that they didn't leave me at my original rate. Now, they've got me up to about $23 a month. My friend, who got his unit at the same time my husband did, rants that $19 is too high and Lively Mobile grandfathered his unit in because he complained. Also, I noticed that Lively Mobile has an elderly woman in the advertisements but the device should be for any age. I have a daughter that lives alone and anyone living alone needs to have this Lively Mobile device.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I fell once but I didn't have a medical alert device so I got one. I've been using Lively Mobile for about four years now. When I tested the button, their response was almost immediate. One rep that I had contact with seemed very amicable. However, I find that the band is too thick around the neck. I know there's a holster that you put on your belt, but I don't wanna do that. But the service makes me feel very comfortable and safe. I just don't wear it around the house because usually, somebody's here.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have my Lively Mobile medical alert device for about a year now and recently, the lanyard that goes around my neck broke. So, my daughter contacted their customer service the other day and they're shipping me one at no charge.

Original review: July 29, 2018

When I had a fall, I broke my hips and my daughter decided that I needed a Lively Mobile device. Having it made a difference for me. But I am now in an assisted living facility and it's not necessary, so I cancelled my membership with them. I called them and dealt with a rep there. She was very nice and I had a very good experience with her.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall expert review by Shelley Webb

Lively Mobile is a mobile urgent response device for consumers. As part of the GreatCall family of health products, Lively Mobile links up to a team of dedicated professionals who believe in helping older adults retain their independence while ensuring they can get the help they need during a medical emergency.

• Fashion and style options: Consumers can wear Lively Mobile around their necks as a necklace or as a wristband. Lively Mobile is available in silver and gold.

• Package options: Lively Mobile's package options include Basic at $19.99, Preferred at $24.99 and Ultimate at $34.99. Each tiered package has different benefits, with the higher-priced packages containing more features.

• 5Star Urgent Response: Each package option comes with 5Star Urgent Response. A team of dedicated professionals are waiting to help consumers at a moment’s notice.

• GreatCall Link: Consumers who choose the Preferred and Ultimate packages have access to GreatCall Link. This service allows family members to stay in contact with health updates through the GreatCall Link app.

• Portable and durable: Lively Mobile is a waterproof device, and its light weight keeps it portable and hassle-free. It also works on a large, dependable wireless network to ensure it stays connected wherever it goes.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or uncontrolled epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
What problem is Lively trying to solve?
Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
How does your Lively measure success?
We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information