4.56/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Lively Mobile

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Video
Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

976 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Charles has PSP, Progressive Palsy and has a tendency to fall backward and that is a real danger. We’ve tried the device once just to test it and make sure it worked. He’s had it for a while and he’s really comfortable with it because it’s there and he wears it around his neck. It has given us a little more peace of mind. Now if I want to go to the grocery store for two or three hours I don’t worry because he’s got the device if he needs help and I’m not home.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Got one for mom that never charges up, impossible to get help via the "GreatCall Customer Service 24 hours a day @1-800-463-5412" line that informs you of hours of operation are 6-7 PST M-F. Some 24/7 service. But at least they're sorry about missing my call, that makes me feel better. Meanwhile, good luck, mom. Sure as hell hope you don't need it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I purchased the Lively Mobile for my dad who is 88 years old and legally blind. Due to his age his health is probably 65%. I am sorry to report the device is not accurate and if an emergency happens and my dad presses the button for help I am afraid dispatch will send the emergency vehicle to the wrong location due to inaccurate GPS tracking. Numerous times I get a report on the app that he is out and about in the middle of the night (can't see/can't drive) and even at times during the day when he is right beside me.

I have spoken with customer service several times and went thru the process to troubleshoot the device and restart my phone so the app would work but it never lasted. The technical group was also brought into the conversations and the answer was always, “We will send you out a new device or charger” just to have the same issue a few days later. People this could be a matter of life and death so the device NEEDS to work appropriately and pinpoint the exact location. I don't know what to do at this point and my last call this morning is being rerouted to a supervisor which could take 3 -5 business days. Grrr... I will say everyone is super kind but still no answers...

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My 87-year old mother has been a satisfied GreatCall subscriber for several years. She lost her Splash device about a year ago, and it was replaced with the Lively. She had trouble from the start with this device. It is much more difficult to use than her previous device -- probably because it has never worked properly. She has had trouble charging it, having it keep a charge and trouble using in an emergency. Up until recently, customer service has been good. However, my mother got locked out of the house two weeks ago and pressed the button on the GreatCall device for help. All she got was a recording from Verizon. Realizing there was something wrong because the device was not showing up on the app as "powered on and working," we called the GreatCall customer service number today for help.

We waited 30 minutes listening to the anxiety-inducing recording and finally gave up and called the emergency number. The emergency dispatcher was great! He determined that there was a problem with the device and he transferred us to a customer service representative, waiting with us for 20 minutes until someone could be reached. We were on the phone with the customer service rep for another 20 minutes. She was great, too! She also determined that there was a problem with the device and transferred us to tech support, waiting on the phone with us until someone was reached. The tech support rep answered the phone and said he was going to do some tests. We waited and waited and then discovered that there was no one there.

So, two hours later the Lively device will still not work in an emergency, and when we call customer support to start all over again, we could not reach anyone without going to the emergency operator. We cannot spend another two hours trying to get this fixed. If we get a satisfactory response after filing this complaint, I will update this review. But at this point, my advice to anyone who is considering purchasing a device and subscribing to great call: STAY AWAY. There are more reliable companies out there.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have a Lively Mobile medical alert device. It's nice and comfortable to wear. I had one before but I only wear it in the house and in the yard. But now I take my Lively Mobile medical alert device everywhere I go. I've had the device for quite a while and every so often I call and see if it's still working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased the Lively Mobile and Phone for my mother. I'm finding that the charge on the mobile lively lasts only about 12 hours. The information I've read on the site indicates 24 hours, but we are not seeing anything close. Tried calling customer service, they suggested I call back after 2 in the afternoon, so that approach is hardly what I'd call customer service.

Lively Mobile response

Alice, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. Most users do experience 24 hours of battery, however, if the device is not holding an ample charge that lasts throughout the day, you should follow up with our Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday. Hold times vary, but the average wait time is less than 5 minutes, if you can hold, we will answer your call in the order it was received.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017
    I had Life Alert forever. My husband had it prior and then he passed away so I kept it, but when I found out Life Alert was all over outside the house, I switched.

Since using Lively Mobile, I feel much safer in the car. However, the one I have is quite large and that’s getting to be a problem. It is black and a little over two inches. I wear it around my neck and I’ve broken two chains. I now have the one that’s crocheted yarn and I’ve got to get another chain. If they had a smaller one, I would appreciate it. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with it. They answer my calls immediately. Once, I called them when I was in Cambria. I wanted to see if they knew so I asked them if they knew where I was. They said, “Yes, you’re on Barton Avenue.” That was perfect. Overall, my experience with Lively Mobile is excellent.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was living at my home alone so I got a medical alert device. My experience with Lively has been good. It's very sensitive and I'm confident that if I fall I can get help.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My kids wanted me to have a medical alert device because of my age. So I have Lively Mobile but hanging it on my neck, it’s awfully big. Wearing it on top of my cloth is poofy. If I tuck it underneath, there’s a big bulge, and I need a cord around my neck. It’s uncomfortable. So half the time, I don't wear it. I put it in my purse instead and I put it on my bed when I go to sleep. Maybe Lively Mobile can figure out how they can make the device smaller. But I would recommend Lively Mobile and I'm glad I have the device as it could be worthwhile someday.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

When Spectrum took over Bright House, they keep having the telephone and the cable off. I'm 94 years old and I cannot do anything without a telephone so I had to use Lively Mobile. I live alone and I definitely need the medical alert device. The Lively Mobile team has been pretty good. I have this device with me all the time. It's comfortable and easy to use. I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was having to pay somebody to stand there while I took a shower and I wanted to be able to take a shower by myself. I saw Lively Mobile's advertisement and I thought that it was my answer. I could take a shower by myself and if I had a problem, I could either punch the button or they'd hear me if I fall. I wear it all the time in case I fall and I put it on the charger at night. I also wear it when I take a shower and it makes me feel more secure.

It makes it possible for me to do things that I would not be able to do without it because I live in an assisted living but I'm on my own in a private room. I'm by myself all the time but I'm confident that if something happens, Lively's reps will hear it and they will come and take care of whatever my needs are. They came out one night and asked if I was okay. I laid the device on the bed and the rep said that it was like falling down. If I bump it, they would come and see if there was anything wrong. I'm really happy with the device but I was disappointed when the charger went bad. When I told their rep about it he said that they were going to have to replace that. It should be here on Friday and I'd be happy to see him.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I carry my Lively Mobile device with me, but I've only used it once. I had hurt my ribs. It was a lot of pain and that was the worst thing I've had. I wasn't able to drive to the hospital to get a check. I used my device to get an ambulance. They stayed on the line which was nice. They checked and everything was okay. The ribs were okay, just bruised up. The device works great and I like that little button. I just pushed it and it came right on and did a good job. I get around real good. I'm content and happy with it. I'd recommend Lively Mobile to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I had a history of getting terrible pains in my stomach at night and I live alone. I also fell once, broke my hip and I happened to be in the basement. Fortunately I reached someone. But I thought after this it was a miracle that I had to go 20-some feet on cement to get to a phone. With LiveIy Mobile I feel more secure. I called once to make sure my device was working and I haven't had any complaints. But it's not exactly comfortable. I don't sleep in it because it's a big hard lump. And I tuck it in my bra so it doesn't slap around. Plus I don't take a shower with it because they warned me not to get the cord wet. I bought it at Walgreens and we're trying to talk a friend of ours then since he needs one desperately. And you can get the device at Walmart's that's the nice thing.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was living alone and an alert device not only alerts the paramedics but also informs my son on what's happening because he's not there. The government gives free phones to people but every senior citizen should have one of the Lively Mobile devices around their neck because it works no matter where I'm at. I'm a diabetic and I've had a couple situations but within three minutes the paramedics were there. I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I was in assisted living for a while. I had a stroke and my balance is way off. I spoke with the Lively Mobile reps once to test my apparatus and they were great. They were very courteous and helpful. I’ve felt safer since using Lively Mobile but it's a little annoying to have the device around my neck. Also, the neck string broke and I had to order a new one. We shouldn't have had to pay for that because it wasn't anything I did to break it. Still, I’m satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I had a massive heart attack in the middle of the night and I was by myself. But I now have confidence in having the Splash medical alert device from Lively Mobile on me and I'm so glad that I have it. Otherwise, I would be worried about being alone when I'm not feeling well. I can now get help with just a push of the button and my family feels better that I have it. They were worried about my being by myself, but I didn't want to move in with them. The device helps my family, including my younger grandchildren who were afraid to be near me, thinking that I might have another episode, because I had different things going on in six months. So, I showed my grandchildren how the device worked and that took care of the problem.

The alert device model that I had before, since September 2013, was amazingly good. It gave me support and courage and I didn't have to be afraid of being alone or going out for a walk because I felt safe. Then I decided to get the new model that’s waterproof and they sent me one to me. My experience with this new model that can be found in the stores now was terrible. There were at least six units of the new model that were defective and the battery wouldn't charge. I was without any kind of alert coverage for months and nobody ever told me that it was the unit that was the problem, not only for me but for everyone else that had it. Finally, after many hours on the telephone and many problems, they sent me the old model called Splash.

With my Splash alert device, I always get terrific, instant service from the team at Lively Mobile when I push the button. So far, I've never needed emergency assistance but sometimes I called to be sure that they were there and they knew where I was, and I've always had a good response from them. I wear my Splash device to bed at night in case I have to get up because I've had friends who fell on their way to the bathroom at night. When I get up in the morning, I put the device in the charger and it does not take long to charge, which is a good thing. Then I wear it around my neck all the time. The new model alert device that I had before was useless because I couldn't depend on it at all. It was always dead and the battery wasn't charging. It was just junk and not worth a penny. I was so disappointed in it and I wouldn't have it in my house again.

On the other hand, my Great Call Splash alert device is terrific. I like that it's less expensive and it's also very easy to wear around the neck and even to sleep with. I feel bad that I recommended the new model to two of my friends and they got it, and they're now having the same problems as I did. I'm sorry that Lively Mobile has gone to the new model and I wish they would go back to the Splash so we can have more confidence in their alert device. I would recommend the Great Call Splash alert device and, in fact, I've already recommended it to quite a few people. Overall, my experience with my new model alert device was the worst it could be, while my experience with my Great Call Splash alert device has been the best it can be.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I got a Lively Mobile device because I live by myself. I had Life Alert and it was just for home but Lively Mobile travels. But I have to use a safety pin and I pin it on my nightgown. This company's okay but I just wish they had a wristband feature.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Four years ago, I had an episode of passing out and winding up on the supermarket floor. Combine that with the fact that I have atrial fibrillation, my son has convinced me that the Lively Mobile is a good thing to have especially after I lost my wife and I’m living alone. It has been fine with them. They're absolutely responsive.

I got this medical alert device because it’s unobtrusive, so it’s not something to think about all the time. It’s nice to know that if I have to get a hold of somebody, I can do that. One of the advantages they have pointed out is that it doesn't have to be a medical emergency to press the button. If I feel uncomfortable in an area where it’s late at night and I have a feeling that somebody is following me on the way to my car or the garage, I can press the button as well and they’ll stay with me while everything is being recorded.

Early on, I had concerns about the battery life of my Lively Mobile unit, and I had extensive discussions with the technical service, which then evolved into having personal conversations with their vice president of technology. The reality is that the fall detection software and hardware eat up more battery. To remedy that, he’d come to me on two extra charges that I can keep it plugged in there while I’m working on my PC sometimes or having an evening with the TV and another one in the car, and that’s been quite satisfactory. Their lanyard that I wear with this device has the design that the cross cord comes out of the metal thing after two years. I’ve had it replaced twice at no charge almost instantly. I’ve learned to handle the device without pulling the cord but rather by opening the magnetic hatch.

They have recommended that I press the button and talk to a rep every several weeks or so, just to make sure that everything’s working fine and I’ve done that. Everything else is certainly worth recommending. One of my concerns was the cell phone coverage, but I have been in all kinds of remote areas and have occasionally checked to see if Lively Mobile is indeed able to get me a signal, and it’s never been anything but 100%. Based out of the extensive research that I did before choosing the Lively Mobile over others that are advertising, I made the right choice.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I'm 77 years old and live alone sometimes and I got GreatCall as my medical alert device. I keep it in my pocket most of the time and I always figure out some place to put it. Their customer service has been okay when I dealt with them. I had a couple of times that I've pushed the button and the people who contacted me wanted to know if I had a problem. The only thing is when I started, it was $14.99 a month, and the price continues to go up and I'm not getting any better service. Overall, the device is a necessary evil.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

My experience with Lively Mobile was not good because it's not working. It goes sometimes and then it shuts off. It sits on a table and my husband never wore it so I'm going to give it up. There's no sense in paying for it if he doesn't use it. I'm with him all the time now.

Lively Mobile response

Jean, we are sorry to hear that your Lively Mobile device has stopped working. The Lively Mobile is under a one-year warranty against manufacture defects. If you have not done so all ready, please call GreatCall’s 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, for troubleshooting of the device.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I'm older now and my children thought I should have a medical alert device. I have the Lively Mobile medical alert device and it is wonderful. I have it on all the time and it makes me feel more secure and comfortable including when I go by myself in my car. It’s a very good thing to have and I’m very satisfied with it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I live alone and I'm elderly, and I'm with a heart condition. My children wanted me to have a medical alert device and I got one from Lively Mobile. The reps there were the nicest people I've ever talked to. They were very helpful and did exactly as we wanted in setting the device up so my children would be notified if I used it. The lady rep even had me use the device before she left. I carry it with me everywhere I go. So far, I've not had any episodes yet that I've needed to use it, but it's very good to have it so I can use it in case I need it. I'm satisfied with my Lively Mobile alert device and I've recommended it to a few people who knew that I had it and asked me about it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Having Lively makes me feel more confident, especially because I like to get out in the yard and do some gardening. If I fall and couldn't get up, I would be able to contact someone. However, the device is kind of bulky and I don't like it blinking all the time. But other than that, it's fine. I had another device before and it was only good in the house.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We've implemented the Lively and Jitterbug Flip for my Mom in May because we were concerned about her safety both in her home and on the road. (She doesn't have OnStar.) We've been thrilled with both the product and the service. When I purchased with a 30 day return period, I did all sorts of things to test their service for fall detection, dead battery, testing the call response time for emergencies, their ease of communication, etc. It's wonderful, and add the smart phone app for weekly activities, travel, etc. The service cost her less than her home and cell phones.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have fallen twice. My family wanted me to have the Lively Mobile because they were concerned about me falling me. They were the one's that got it. It's okay but I don't like that it lights up all the time. It lights up like it's glowing. You can see the light even under my clothes. But, I don't mind wearing it. I wear it every day. As soon as I get up, I put it on. I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I am 79 and I live alone in a two-story house. I thought it would be prudent to have something available to me in case I had an accident or a mishap. I had a different brand of medical alert device for about a year. What I did not like about it was that I had a base unit connected near the telephone, and if I accidentally pressed the button, which I had done many times, I had to go upstairs to cancel the call. And to me, that is just not necessary. Also, I was paying about $140 every three months, which, for what I had, was unnecessarily high too!

I had talked to someone I know and found out that they had the GreatCall service, and all they had was a necklace that had GPS capability. I thought to myself that I do not really need anything more than that. What I had did not have GPS - if it did, I was not aware of it. I have a necklace from Lively Mobile now, and it is very convenient and very comfortable. Also, if I accidentally pressed the button, I do not have to go upstairs to cancel the call anymore.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My husband is older than I and stays by himself a lot of times because I work. He fell and had problems, which is very common with the elderly, and I wasn't with him. So we have Lively Mobile to protect him and I make sure he has it in his pocket before I go to work. It’s an excellent device and I’m very happy with it. Also, the reps were friendly and courteous when I deal with them if I have to update the account or find the device when he misplaces it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My 81 year old mother had a Great Call "Splash" Medical Alert Device for over two years. It worked great. I got updates on App when she left her Condo and could see where she was when she was out and about. About three weeks ago the Splash device would no longer charge. My Mom was sent a new device "Lively." It has not worked right since it has been received.

After three calls with Tech Support they sent a new device advising the "Lively" was not operating properly. New device came. Same problems. Received no updates on her locations. Tech support then advised it was an IT issue and they're working to fix it and wait a couple of hours and try again. No change. Called Tech Support again and this time the answer was the signal for the device was obstructed inside my Mom's condo. We never had this issue with the Splash device. After 6 calls with tech support and no resolution to problem. I will be cancelling our Great Call subscription and seeking a device from another provider.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I'm 81 years old and I would not be without a medical alert device. I want to be able to get help when I’m up and about and needed it or if I fall in my small apartment there would be someone to come pick me up. I had a previous device, but we're delighted with Lively Mobile. When I first got it, I was showing it to a friend and she accidentally pushed the button. It was answered it right away and then I explained it was an accident and that I did not need help. They were very friendly. I felt like a fool but they did not make me feel like a fool. I put the device in my pocket, but If it was thinner, I'll just wear it around my neck. It is comfortable but I don’t like the squareness of it. I wish it was round like the one I used to have before but it's okay. Overall, I appreciate having it very much.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Tomoko has dementia and she's home alone a lot and doesn't quite remember how to use the phone. I wanted to make sure that help could be contacted for her so I got her a Lively Mobile. I looked at ratings and liked the fall detection for it. That was a really big selling point for me. The device was also water resistant in case she forgets to take it off before the shower. Now, I feel a little more comfortable leaving her at night. She's on the other end of the house from us and if she fell or something happened, we would know about it. Every time we contacted customer service, it was by accident but they've been great.

There've been several times when she's accidentally triggered it. And she can't hear well, so when people at Lively Mobile would talk to her on the speaker, she doesn't hear them. Luckily, every time that happens, I’ve been home when they call the home phone to check on her. The biggest problem is remembering to charge the device and then remembering to put it back on after it's been charged. But overall, Lively Mobile has been great and convenient.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
    What problem is Lively trying to solve?
    Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
    How does your Lively measure success?
    We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
    At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information