4.62/5
Based on 269 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Video
Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 20, 2018

1156 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2018

Having the Lively Mobile medical alert device has been all right. I’ve only tested the device twice by accident and they answer quickly. I keep it in my pocket because I have a pacemaker, so I can’t wear it around my neck. I can’t wear it where it would be convenient, and if I fall on the side of the thing and I can’t get my hand in my pocket, then I can’t push the button. But that’s not Lively's fault. My experience with Lively Mobile has been very good.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I've been living alone and I fell a couple of times. My girls take turns coming to see me in the daytime, but I am always by myself all night. My daughter insisted that I get a medical alert device and she thought the Lively Mobile would be the best kind to get. She's an RN and she checked them out. It's been a year or so since I tested the device. The Lively Mobile team was quick to respond but they didn’t like me doing that because it wasn’t an emergency. My daughter said we were just trying it out because we just got it. I wear the device around my neck and I feel safer with it on. I wear it every day and charge it every night. One time I forgot to charge it up enough and it beeped me. The red light came on and said I needed to charge it. I wanted to know if the button would still work when I go to the park or if I fall and my daughters already took care of that for me. I recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have fallen several times. I feel like my balance wasn't good so I wanted a medical alert device. I read up on several providers and Lively Mobile was one of the more reasonable ones and I liked what they had to offer. I also liked that I didn't have to install anything in my bathroom or in my bedroom and that all I have to do is wear the thing around my neck. Also, my cousin had your product, so that convinced me and I went for it.

I've had a few occasions where I got a call because I either dropped it or accidentally pushed the button and I was very pleased by the response time. The cops came the first time because I had not setup my profile yet, so they didn't know who to contact but I was okay. And I feel safer with it. I don't go out too far, but I have it if something happens. Also, f there were someone trying to rob me, I could push the button and they would call the police. A friend already asked me about Lively Mobile. It's a great idea and you get good service at a reasonable price.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I used to fall a lot, so I needed a medical alert device. I’ve had the Lively Mobile for about six months now and had to use it once. Their response time was okay and my interaction with their reps was good. I would recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My wife was not well and we needed the Lively Mobile in case an emergency occurred, like if I fell. She used it a number of times to check that it was working and that she knew how to use it. It did what we wanted it to do and we were very happy. But I would have hoped the battery life was longer. We had to charge it almost every day. Other than that, their call center and customer support reps were excellent. The service was always excellent as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I felt like I needed a medical alert device in case of an emergency and it was good with Lively Mobile's reps when I got it. I have had it ring a couple of times. It was in my purse and I didn't mean to touch it. In those instances, they responded right away. But I haven't used it except for those and it's almost $40 a month which is pretty high. I'm 87 years old and I'm on a very limited income. I pay too much for it but I feel more confident now that I have it.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Last year, I have fallen because of my legs. I was on a walker and was going to the bathroom and my knees locked and then I went to the floor. That was the main reason we got Lively Mobile. Plus, if my wife drove somewhere to do something and I would be home, I've had to have one. So if I needed help, I can punch the button and get some help. So far I've interacted with the Lively Mobile team three times. The last time we called the non-emergency guys twice. They came over and picked me up on the floor. Since having Lively Mobile, I feel confident that I have somebody come and help me if I'm by myself at home. Although, the lines are just tad too short. I cannot slide it over my head without unsnapping it.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I’m 83 years old and alone and there’s always the danger of falling. I live in the house by myself but I have a yard to take care of and I wanted to make sure that if I was out there working, if I should fall, I need some help. Lively Mobile makes me feel more secure. I either have the medical alert device around my neck or in my pocket.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I live alone and I'm not well. I got a Lively Mobile and I have it in my pocket. I feel safe with it because if I fall, I can always call and have somebody help me. I have tested the button a couple of times and their response has been quick.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have total confidence in the Lively Mobile and I'm pleased with it. I liked what they said that it works when you're away from the house, which was important for me. The device is not uncomfortable but I wish I didn't have to charge it up every day. Sometimes I charge it when I get into bed and I pray that I don't forget to put it back on or fall asleep. I would recommend the Lively Mobile.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have the Lively Mobile for about three months now. I charge it up every night and when I first started it, they had me push the button to make certain it works. Having the device makes certain that I don't fall at home or out and about and think that I can't get help. I feel like telling everybody I'm Stark from the Avengers. I got a bleeper for a heart because it bleeps telling me that it works. I have recommended them to other people. People ask me what it is and I explain what it is and I tell them everything it's supposed to be able to do as well as the cost because that was sort of a factor when we decided which one to get. It does everything I needed it to and it was the least expensive one.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I wear my Lively Mobile all the time and with it, my confidence is high. I’m in my 70s and I live alone, so my kids insisted that I should have something. The company's reps were very good. They called at the beginning for a test call. Then one time, I accidentally pushed the button and they were right there on the phone asking me what the problem was. I told them I was just showing somebody else who also bought one how to turn it off, but I forgot how to do it and I accidentally pushed the button. So, they talked to the other person through my phone to explain. The only drawback I found with the device is that the black magnetic latch clasp cord is not long enough. I wear it around my neck and I need it about two inches longer. Still, Lively Mobile is worth it. People should get it for their own security. I have referred approximately eight of my friends to them already.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I got a stroke and I live by myself. I have Lively Mobile in case something happens. It's alright and I would recommend it.

Original review: May 10, 2018

My daughter works for the sheriff office. She was at a seminar and heard a presentation about Lively Mobile and was impressed with it. So when I fell in the yard, and she didn’t find me for three hours, we decided to get one. She works at night so I’m here alone for more than 12 hours and the chances of me getting to a phone are not good, even if I fell in the house. With Lively Mobile, I feel like I’m not alone and I feel better about doing things when I’m not alone. It’s working fine and I don't shut it off but I have to charge it every two days.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I've had my Lively Mobile for a few years now and I feel good about having it. It's comfortable and I wear it all the time around my neck. If I'm out by myself somewhere and something happens I’ll push the button. At night I lay it beside my bed and charge it.

Original review: May 8, 2018

A year ago, November 16, I fell and broke my hip. There were friends right here and they got me in the car and took me off to emergency. The next day, the doctors did surgery and I had to go into rehabilitation. My two sons and my two daughters-in-law told me, “You have got to get one of these alert button things.” They said that I fall too much. I fall very easily and I’ve broken a lot of bones. So, my daughter-in-law and I went to Wal-Mart over a year and a half ago to get me a telephone. I’m 84 years old and I’m still so old-fashioned. She insisted I needed a cellphone. So, we went in and I told her, “You get the information on it because it’s Greek to me.”

There was a young man working at Wal-Mart and I asked him if they had a medical alert kind of apparatus that they sell. He told me they had one and if I wanted to go further with it, he’d be more than happy to help me. My kids went ahead and got me Lively Mobile and I put the device around my neck and we had to go through talking with people and they took care of the information they had to give out.

Then, on February 2nd, I went out to my shed and I stepped up about six inches. I didn’t get up high enough and I fell. My left hand got hit in my two-by-four shed and sprained it so bad. But it went back and shattered my elbow. It was horrible. I was able to sit down again on a little step there, and I pushed the Lively Mobile button. Immediately some gentleman came on and asked if he could help me, wanted my name and where I was located which was at home. Then he said, “Now, you hold on just a minute. I’m gonna get the fire department and the ambulance going”.

We’re about three blocks away from the fire department so I could hear the fire department ringing before he even came back to me. That was how fast it was. And immediately, along came the ambulance. I didn’t know what I would have done. I would have had to sit a long time and wait for someone to go by so I could scream to them if I didn’t have the button. Lively Mobile worked out wonderfully for me. The young man told me he was gonna stay on with me until either the ambulance or the fire department came and he did. I appreciated it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Having a Lively Mobile device makes my children happy. I fell and so, I needed one. When I tested it, I've had a great experience with their reps. I've had the device since August and it's good for me. I would recommend it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I had a transient ischemic attack last summer which was why I got Lively Mobile. We were watching a football game and the attack happened again. I handed the device to my wife and she clicked it. Then, my maid talked to the reps because my speech was garbled. They knew by the locator in the device exactly where I was at the time and five minutes later, the ambulance arrived. I carry the device in my pocket and I have a second charger so that if I'm in one room for a long period of time and know I need it to get it charged, I put it there.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My Lively Mobile device is comfortable to wear around my neck and I've been more confident since using it.

Original review: May 5, 2018

When you get to be my age, a medical alert device is a necessity. I wear my Lively Mobile device around my neck and it's comfortable, but it's heavy and I was wondering if there was any other way to wear it. Also, while I'm sleeping it's in its cradle recharging but that's an important time to have it. But I've used it a few times and it worked out very well each time I did. Fortunately, the EMTs and the fire station are within walking distance to my house, so it doesn't take them long at all to get here. And I was very satisfied with the response. But sometimes the operator doesn't understand. I have a lockbox outside and it works with a key. And when the operator asked me if I had a lockbox, I said yes. She said, "What's the combination?" I said, "I don't have the combination." She said, "Well, how do they get in?" I said, "It's a key." I found that to be annoying.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My husband fell in the garden when I was at work. For my peace of mind, I wanted to make sure that if he fell while I was at work, I would be notified. So, we got him a medical alert device. While I'm now retired, my husband still wears it because sometimes, he's out in the yard and I can't monitor him every second. Since getting the device, I've had fewer worries and he wears the device around his neck. Before we leave any place, I check with him if he has it as one time, we were shopping and the device fell off. We had gone to another store but then the previous store called him to say that the device was left there.

Another time, my husband had the device in in his pocket with his keys. He was coming up the steps and I believe the key pushed the button and set off a false alarm. The device went off and neither of us were aware of it. Lively Mobile called and I told them that my husband was fine in the other room. It was nice to know that they didn't ignore the alarm. Also, there was another instance quite some time ago when a fire truck showed up at the house. The button on his device had gotten pushed again mistakenly and he didn't hear what was going on. LivelyMobile's device and services are really great.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had to use Lively Mobile once when I fell and I had really good service. I had all kinds of ambulance and fire trucks and they took me to the hospital. The interactions I had with the Lively Mobile team were very wonderful. Now that I have the Lively Mobile device, I'm doing okay. I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Linda could not walk and sometimes she has a hard time trying to get up from chairs. It had been a lot easier knowing that she had someone she could contact immediately using Lively Mobile in case I was outside. She usually wore the device around her neck and at night, it was on the nightstand right next to her bed. Once in a while, she'd push the button to test it to make sure it was still working. But we've used it a few times. She had fallen and she had pushed the button. The operator came on and verified the address, wanted to know what the problem was, and said that she would call 911 and get help. The device gives peace of mind not only for the person who has it but for family members also. Linda really liked the device and it came in handy. But she's in the hospital right now so we canceled it.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I'm 90 and I don't expect to have anything last very much longer before I'd be gone. When you get my age, anything can happen. I started passing out and I did it twice in the house here and then I did it once after I was out. I don't know how long I was unconscious but I know that the blood on my arm from where I took the skin off was already dried when I came to. I did some other testing recently and I find that every now and then my heart stops. I wore a Holter for two weeks to record my heartbeat. And then there were skips so, I'll be having a pacemaker and that should take care of the problem. I decided I needed something to alert somebody if I really injured myself and couldn't continue on. I put the Lively Mobile on in the morning and wear it all day. At night, I take it off and just put it on the counter by my bed. I know that I got the alert thing that I can use if I have to and my experience with the device has been good.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Getting a Lively Mobile medical alert device was a precautionary measure since I'm by myself and approaching 70. So with it, if I go out and mow the yard or fall in the house, I would have some way to alert someone. I’ve already encouraged two people to get it.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Last winter, I was coming from a neighbor’s house back to mine and we had a lot of snow. I got stuck in the snow that was up high and I got into a drift and I sort of fell down. I pushed myself to get up, but I fell back down. Fortunately, I had someone with me and they called my son to come and help me. The person with me was my same age so he couldn’t help me much and he’d fall too. So, my children gave me Lively Mobile for a Christmas present and they pay whatever they pay for it by the month. I’m gonna be 91 this Mother’s Day and I live alone. I’ve had three friends die from falls and it was a simple fall. They hit the head and never came out of it. I feel that Lively Mobile may help me to get help if I needed.

I’m not steady on my feet and since having Lively Mobile, I feel more secure that way. Every once in a while, I like going upstairs and to keep me stable, I use a cane. I’m afraid I’m gonna fall so I’m glad I have it. I had an experience leaning on the button as it was on my chest and I accidentally pushed the button when I leaned over down on my chair to pick something up and the button worked. Lively Mobile’s representative responded immediately and they were very nice.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I'm in a nursing home and if I fall down, I got to crawl miserable carpets to get over to things. So, I’ve got this Lively Mobile around my neck. My daughter bought it for me. When I have it on, there's less worry. I wear it every day, but once in a while I don't. And it only stays charged for one day. If I don't charge it every night, it runs off the next day. Also, the card came off the item and I could see that it's magnetic. It's scotch-taped but it scratches on my body. My daughter ordered a new one and it's been weeks but it hasn't come yet. I've used the button twice and they were okay. In one part of this building, they have a white string around their neck and it goes to the office. But mine goes to 911 and the police department came.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I’m 90 and I live alone. I fell and broke my hip and wrist. The therapists wouldn’t let me leave the therapy unless I got a device. I chose Lively Mobile because I shop at Walmart and it was cheaper. I put it on when I get up in the morning and it makes me feel safer. At night I put it on the charger. But it quitted and I had to have it rebooted the other day. They were very nice when I called. I thought it only lasted a couple of years but she rebooted it and said that it would hopefully last another year or so. I've told several people about it. A lot of my friends are older and they live alone too. We want to live in our own home and that’s very important. I tell them that they've got to get something like that. I've heard some horror stories about people that lay for eight to 10 hours and it's awful. They don’t have this device and they can’t get to the phone.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I'm more confident since using Lively Mobile. I usually wear the one that hooks on. I use mine at night when I had to get up and go to the bathroom or something. I'm usually gone during the day because I'm out with people. That makes a big difference and I feel more secure. I would recommend Lively to a friend.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I had problems with my blood pressure and I was falling a lot and have injured myself. I got a medical alert device because of that and had a different company to start with. However, I had an incident where I needed them, and they basically weren't there. I was like screaming for them and they said they couldn't hear me. And then, I got the Lively Mobile and felt much more secure. Compared to what I had, they're hands down, way above. I just love them.

Having a fall deal on it, the device has to be around my neck. I've had my cat knock my deal off its charging cradle and the Lively Mobile team's response was immediate. In two or three seconds, they're on there. It's phenomenal. And I've had great experience with their reps. However, the device is clunky and it's a little awkward. It's a big, thick, square thing I gotta wear. And it pulses white, so I have a thing on my neck that pulses white when I'm in the working area, I'm close to a cell tower and it goes red when I'm out of the range. It's not the most attractive accessory, but I got what I gotta swap for. I had the previous company that couldn't hear me and then I got the Lively Mobile that can. I had shoulder surgery and I was doing PT, and it slid just a little bit while I was laying on the table and they came right on, saying, "Are you all right?" And I was like, "This is what I get for having the clunky thing."

Lively Mobile by GreatCall expert review by Shelley Webb

Lively Mobile is a mobile urgent response device for consumers. As part of the GreatCall family of health products, Lively Mobile links up to a team of dedicated professionals who believe in helping older adults retain their independence while ensuring they can get the help they need during a medical emergency.

• Fashion and style options: Consumers can wear Lively Mobile around their necks as a necklace or as a wristband. Lively Mobile is available in silver and gold.

• Package options: Lively Mobile's package options include Basic at $19.99, Preferred at $24.99 and Ultimate at $34.99. Each tiered package has different benefits, with the higher-priced packages containing more features.

• 5Star Urgent Response: Each package option comes with 5Star Urgent Response. A team of dedicated professionals are waiting to help consumers at a moment’s notice.

• GreatCall Link: Consumers who choose the Preferred and Ultimate packages have access to GreatCall Link. This service allows family members to stay in contact with health updates through the GreatCall Link app.

• Portable and durable: Lively Mobile is a waterproof device, and its light weight keeps it portable and hassle-free. It also works on a large, dependable wireless network to ensure it stays connected wherever it goes.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or uncontrolled epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
What problem is Lively trying to solve?
Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
How does your Lively measure success?
We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information