Lively Mobile

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My knee went out one time and my husband is hard of hearing and we have separate bedrooms. I was screaming for help and he couldn't hear me but now, I feel more secure with Lively Mobile though I haven't fallen and haven't had to use it at all. What I use it mostly for is at nighttime because my knees would go out on me and be very painful. So I feel much better now because I wear the alert device plus I wear a brace around my knee. I wear it on my wrist and it's very easy to use. It makes me more comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a medical alert device because I'm getting old. I switched to Lively because the other one only included my home while Lively is good for away from home. The device is easy to use and their team was great when I called them. It's been a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sons wanted me to have a medical alert device. I got the Lively Mobile and I feel like I need to put it on when I'm out. It's there that I can rely upon.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having some falls, my wife died and I'm by myself so everybody in my family suggested I might need to get a medical alert device. I take the device of Lively with me around the house and when I go to get the paper and the car. It's very easy to use and I really depend on it and I call it my little Bubba.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had health issues and a hearing problem and I was concerned about him. I told him to get a medical alert system in case he has an emergency and needs emergency care so he went out and got the Lively Mobile system first. He was using it up to his death. A couple of times, I would walk in the mall with him and it would go off and he couldn't hear it. If he didn't respond, they would send somebody out to him because it was GPS located.

I also have some knee and weight problem. After my husband passed, I also got my Lively Mobile. When people look at it and ask, I tell them it's my "I've-fallen-and-I-can't-get-up" button. The reps have been good in responding quickly when I accidentally pushed the button and when I tested it. And then they have an additional fee for the monitoring for potential falls. It's 40 bucks a month for me but it's the best $40 a month I can spend plus the cost of the unit. However, setting up the account online with all the information can be complicated. The website isn't easy to manipulate and they ask for medication, the name of my doctor, contact information.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a hard time with balance and the Lively mobile gives me peace of mind and I'm a little less worried. I dropped it once, and they were right on there immediately which was awesome. I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively Mobile has been security for me because I live alone. If I ever have a problem because I'm on an age, my medical alert device is there for me. I'm satisfied with it and I recommend it because I only use it when I really have to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 93 years old so I got a Lively medical alert device and my daughter loves it because it tells her where I am. In the very beginning, I had a problem as the device wasn't holding a charge and their team sent me a different one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pretty unsteady so I got a Lively medical alert device. I have this internal bleeding so when that happens and my blood gets too low, I pass out. I had a medical alert device on my husband when he was alive and we used the device a lot for him since he had a stroke and he fell a lot. I decided once he was gone that I'm gonna be covered as well. I hang the medical alert around my neck and go. My interactions with their team whenever I call are great. I'm satisfied with this one and I won't be shopping for any other ones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the hospital in rehab from October 30th until the day before Christmas so I thought it was time I got something to monitor me. Also, my family wanted me to so I got a Lively medical alert device. Anytime it's going off, it's either because I forgot to recharge it or I've done it accidentally and their team has been understanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreatCall was on the AARP magazine and then when they came out with the new device and the Splash price went down, it was the right time for me to buy it. When I surveyed all of the different devices similar to GreatCall, in my opinion, they offer the best service by far. I'm registered and I check if the device works and keep the battery up. But currently, I do not keep it on that often because I have another alarm system that also offered a pendant similar to the GreatCall, except that it went into the alarm system and it has no way to charge or replace it when the battery ran down. So as soon as my contract expires, we won't deal with the other alarm system anymore because they sold me something that can't be fixed. So I know that I will need to use the GreatCall more in the future. But so far, I'm very happy with reading the documentation and I've also read that their response time is very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a problem with my balance, and I’m at home by myself. Also, if I don’t have a cane or a walker with me when I go outside, I’ll fall down very easily. So, I needed a medical alert device. Since using my Lively Mobile, I feel more at ease and I don’t worry about being home alone. In addition, I don’t worry about going outside and falling. I have never been unable to get up and I’ve never gotten hurt, but my device gives me a little bit of extra security. I feel very safe with it. I like my device because I don’t have to wear it hanging around my neck all the time. I don’t mind doing that at home, but I am not going out in public with a thing hanging around my neck. With the pocket clip, I can put it right in my pocket and keep them. The people at Lively have been so nice, too. Whenever I bumped it a bit, they answer the call and they have been very patient. Overall, my experience has been great and I have recommended it to several of my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have trouble walking with my knees and my children decided I needed a medical alert device. They were afraid that I would fall down and nobody would be there to help me so my son got the Lively Mobile for me. They get quite a kick out of it because they always know where I am. I always have it with me. I got the necklace and I don't like necklaces much and it really does annoy me when I get it around my neck because it's big. But I can just tolerate it so long on my neck and then I take it off and always have it close by. It's just a smart thing to have. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 76, living alone, and on oxygen. I also have both knees replaced and one of them didn't work out too well and doesn't operate very well. So my kids worry about if I would fall down or something would happen when they're not around so they encouraged me to think about getting a medical alert device and I finally got Lively Mobile.

Now, I always wear it especially when I go out and I feel better but when my kids are over and visiting, I might take it off and put it in the charger. I have learned to do different things with it. For example, I put it inside my clothes when washing my face or brushing my teeth so that way it doesn't hang forward. Or if I was cooking at the stove, I would do the same thing so it doesn't get in the way but it's still right there. Once, I was cooking and the frying pan handle leaned in to the button and called the place. The woman who responded was extremely nice and reassuring. I said sorry and explained and she said that it was okay and that they're glad I was all right. I'm glad I have Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Legionella Pneumonia and I had fallen every now and then. My son decided I needed an alert device because I was off my mind so he got me one and set it all up for me. I wasn't falling a lot back then but with Lively Mobile, I feel more assurance. I wear it on a rope type of necklace. The only thing is every now and then it rubs in. I'm also somewhat concerned that originally they said it was $19.99 and now it's $27.99.

I've only had to use it once or twice, but it was very good and it did the job. The button is also easy to push. The people at Lively Mobile did not take long to answer and they were also very nice and walked me all the way through everything that was happening. I recommended it to a friend and she got one. To my knowledge she still has it. In fact, I went to her house one time and pressed my button just so she knew how it worked outside of the house because everybody says it doesn't work outside. Lively got some newer designs and it'd be nice if they'd update me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm all alone and my concerns are if I need some help, I have nobody to help me. So that's why I have the GreatCall. The representative was very good. I accidentally pressed the button and somebody said, "Oh, may I help you?" I said that it was an accident and the rep verified it with me. She also mentioned my name which was very, very pleasing and comforting. I wear the Lively Mobile all the time. I put it in the shower under my seat and I take it out when I get out. I put it next to my bed every night in its little charger and I get up in the morning and I put it on. I also put it in my bra where I have room in there. It's very comfortable that I don't know it's there. I like it very much and I have already recommended it to two people. The only thing is that I was supposed to get $25 off and I never got it, even after several months.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm diabetic and I babysit with my grandkids. I wanted mobile medical alert system because I have one that goes with my house alarm. But that device was just for my property line and it wouldn't go any further. I thought I need something if I'm going to be gone away. Then I called Lively Mobile. I would definitely recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 85 years old and I’m not steady on my feet. And then a year ago, I took a bad fall so I thought getting a medical alert device would be a good idea because I go out around my yard. I got Lively Mobile and it is more reassuring to me that the button is there if I needed help. I wear the device all the time and it seems to be working fine. My sister-in-law recommended it, and she has used hers a couple of times on account of falling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I use a motorized chair. I can stand up, but I have a hard time and I’d fall. And, I’m usually by myself during the day so I got a Lively Mobile. My husband set everything up for me. I accidentally pressed the button once and they responded very quickly. So, I know if I really have to use it, they’re there. I feel better knowing I have it. It’s safe and it’s really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m retired and I’m here at home alone during the day, so I needed to get a medical alert device. I then got one from Lively. I’m wearing it, and it’s very comfortable. I haven’t had to use it, but I feel I’m reassured when I’m wearing it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got diabetes and heart problems so I got Lively and it's my first medical alert service. It was the cheapest and I charge it every night. So far, everything's good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I have a large house and yard so I do a lot of things outside where I'm not near a phone, hence I needed some way to get attention if I have a problem. One of my friends has a Lively medical alert device and she's quite pleased with it so I followed her suggestion. I wear my Lively device every day and I haven't had to use it so I'm doing all the right things. I tuck it in my bra so it's easy to wear and I don't really know that it's there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We thought my husband might need a medical alert device because he had two bypass surgeries within five months and we were concerned. He doesn’t have a cellphone on him so we ordered a Lively Mobile. It was 2.5 years ago and he hasn't been using it lately. He takes the dog for a ride in the morning and I tell him he should take it and wear it, but he doesn’t remember to do it. We’re thinking about cancelling it and seeing if he needs it some time in the future. But it's a very good service for someone who needs it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m having a little bit of physical problems and I thought that getting a medical alert device would be a good thing to have because I live by myself. I went with Lively because of the price. It’s a pushbutton and I carry it with my keychain on my everyday outings. I haven’t had to use it but it’s still working. That’s a good thing. It makes me feel like I'm not alone completely, that I have somebody I can depend on. I will recommend it to any senior citizen past 70 because it gives that security that I can always get help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 72 and I'm very active. I do a lot of volunteer work but people wanted me to get a medical alert device because sometimes I get dizzy, so I got one from Lively. I had problems getting hooked up. I thought when I bought it that they would do it for me but they didn't. I had to call and then they would tell me what to do but I had a hard time so I had to have a neighbor do it and I wasn't too happy about that. In fact, I'm dissatisfied with the experience and I thought of sending it back at that point. I haven't used the device and I don't even wear it but I carry it in my pocket in case I need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreatCall has a decent price. I'm 74, I don't take too many chances that's why I have their medical alert device. If a person is older, with each passing year they should consider having a medical alert device a necessity and not a frou-frou offering, it's important. My daughter would press the button of the device and the paramedics would take care of me and it has happened twice in two years. They came quickly. When my daughter is not home I sometimes get a little skittish especially if the weather's bad. For instance I was dizzy and they gave me Diclocin and I was able to get away from the dizzy spells.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughters said I had to have a medical alert device. I have fallen before and the paramedics were here but I found out what I should say when I fall but not hurt. I should say I need assistance and that I can't get up. But I got a really nice walker, a small wheelchair and got the Lively Mobile. My son-in-law took care of getting this for me. He called me up and said to get it on my neck. He can see it on his iPad or iPod.

The one time that I used my alert it was a gentleman that was on and he was very nice. He called back again and asked if I'm sure that I'm okay. I appreciated his help. A couple of days ago, I had my alert on the pin that I put on there because a friend of mine came and stayed overnight so I didn't have it on. Then the next day, as I had to put it on, it started beeping. Then come closer in the evening, the green light and a red one start up. So I can't put it on. I should have more charge so I could use it longer but it doesn't. Also, I'm sorry that they didn't get a watch when they bought it for me because that would be great when I go to church. But other than that, it's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively is real good and I'm very satisfied with it. I needed a medical alert device in case I fall outside, and now I don’t worry about it anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell and my husband and I had trouble getting a hold of my daughter so we got a medical alert device. We can maintain our independence much longer than necessary with Lively Mobile. The machine came apart when we were trying to put it on, and their reps called us since they thought it was an emergency. They were very quick, helpful, pleasant, and it went very well.

Question and Answers - Lively Mobile

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Profile