Lively Mobile
3.59/5

Lively Mobile

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1329 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I got a medical alert device due to my age and my daughter thinks it’s good that I got one but I just feel fine. I also wonder sometimes if I could get one cheaper. Still, I’m glad I got the Lively Mobile. If I need it, I got it and I have it with me most of the time. I don’t like it on my neck though. I feel that weight. I have it in my pocket or in my purse instead when I’m going. I also always have it by my bed but I live right in town so I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if I just use my phone and call 911. It would be faster rather than having Lively Mobile come on the phone then they'd have to get someone to come here. If I call 911, they know where I live and they’d be right here. But now that I got the Lively Mobile and I have signed up, I just need it.

My granddaughter pressed the button by mistake once. She’s about four years old and that scared her. But the people at Lively Mobile were right on it. When her mother saw what she did and someone had gotten on, she informed them that I was fine. She told them that it was her daughter who did it and that was that. Overall, I’m satisfied with it.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I got the Lively Mobile for emergencies. I need it because I live here in the ranch by myself and it's 20 acres. The only time I have somebody come is on Wednesdays. They bring in firewood in the winter and mow and blow in the summer. I kept the device all the time with me because that’s the purpose of it. I feel safer and more secure when I have it. I have recommended it as well.

I depended on Lively Mobile but the house ate it and now, I feel lost. I called months ago and they were very thorough about using their methods to find it. They located it by satellite, I guess, and it is here. But of course, the battery has ran down so I’m just buying a dead horse. I’ve been paying constantly, thinking it’s in an apron pocket. It has been months and it's been a burden to pay for it every month. But it's easier to pay it than starting a new project. They said that if it would be replaced, I would have to start over in terms of the passwords. I don’t have the time or the energy to do that. But it’s not anybody’s fault but my own.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I've had my Lively Mobile button for three years now and I've only used it one time. I woke up at around 11 o’clock and I didn't know what was wrong with me. When I pushed that button, I had help quickly. The rep called everybody on the list but because it was a foreign area code, none of the family would answer. It wasn't the rep's fault. She did everything she could do, and she stayed on the phone and didn't leave me, not one minute. It was 25 minutes before I ever got any help. I finally called my niece myself and she got the ambulance. When I started out the door, I said that I knew what was wrong with me. My sugar had gone up to 400 and some. But I had never had experience of that sugar being up so I didn't know what was wrong with me. But now, the family knows to answer Lively Mobile.

I carry the button in my pocket although I carry my cellphone in my pocket too. At the time that I got the button, I was falling. I came up with spinal stenosis and I'm too old. People wouldn't do anything about it and I just had to struggle with it. But I haven't fallen in a long time now. I guess I've learned to walk. I walk with a walker in the house and then when I go out, I walk with a cane just because I'm afraid to get out and fall. Still, we're all up in our 80s and every one of us has got a button. My sister says that she can't do without her. And I'm not gonna do without mine either. It's security that I know.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My daughter got my wife and I a Lively Mobile as a Christmas present out of concern for our safety. We're both in our 80s. And for the past year, the wife hasn't been wearing hers because she is in an Alzheimer's facility in Pontiac, Illinois. So, when I'm not visiting her, I am at home by myself. So, it's good to have. I'm 85 years old but I have always been self-sufficient and confident in my own judgment. I'm careful if I go up and downstairs or involved in any physical activity. I don't overdo myself. I do have a sense of security when I wear my Lively Mobile.

I've had Lively Mobile for a couple of years now and the middle light sometimes flashes red where normally it's green all the time. I get curious if it's still working so I'd press the button and I probably have pressed it over three times, and I always tell their reps it's not an emergency. I just wanted to know if it's still working. The rep seems to think that my signal was not as charged as what it should be. Overall, their reps are friendly and the service is good. Lively Mobile suited my preferences real good and I'm very well satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have a friend who had a medical alert device and I live alone and she insisted that I needed one. I got a Lively Mobile and I had some problems in the beginning. Every once and a while, the battery will warn that it needs charging and I had to contact them about how to do that. Also, I have pants that don't have pockets and I put the necklace thing on which I can't figure out how to do. I had my booklet out and it said that I had an attachment included that I could hook it on to my pocket. But I don't recall receiving that. I went through a drawer where I keep things like that and I couldn't find that. But a lot of this is my fault that I didn't read all of the material correctly. I have learned that when it needs to be charged, it will give the little warning.

The device has been operative and I could use it. Also, the reps were pretty good to respond when I have a question. And I have a niece that lives in an area where I have to go through a park and there are no cell towers or anything like that, so it would have to depend on the satellite. So, that's the reason I prefer it to some of the others. It's a comfort and I feel much safer for having it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: July 5, 2019

The device is not sold out, nor is it out of stock, do not allow the two companies lie to you. The device is defective and on recall for "Public Safety Reasons". As one of the many victims of this defective device, they too tried to mislead me as well. That is why they had to recall it. 911 does not work, it is NOT waterproof as they say, the Fall Detection does not work, GPS does not work. Now a Federal Class action Lawsuit is pending against both companies.

Original review: June 14, 2019

On 5/26/19 I called Customer Service to report that my mother's Lively Mobile Pendant was not holding a charge. They tried for over a half hour to re-activate the device and finally determined it was "unfixable". I expected them to send a replacement, but they said the pendant was out of stock, they did not know when they'd have any more, and there was no "Waiting list." They offered to substitute their Jitterbug flip phone, but I said that was not acceptable. If it's not on a necklace, I don't think my mother would be carrying a phone up & down the cellar stairs.

I was astonished that they could be "out" of pendants, one of their top products. I told them I was not pleased and would find another company. I hung up the phone to contemplate this dilemma. The rep immediately called back and said she would have to close the account if I didn't want the flip phone. I felt I had to make a snap decision at that point and said okay before thinking to ask about a warranty on the unfixable pendant which is under a year old. If GreatCall is one of the top companies, I'm not looking forward to dealing with my 2nd or 3rd choices. Still can't believe the device was out of stock!

Lively Mobile response

Hello Norma, thank you for sharing your experience. At this time, we are not able to offer replacements for our Lively Mobile devices. We are working to correct the problem and can understand your disappointment. Please follow up with us so that we can discuss the alternative coverage options available at this time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I set up the Lively Mobile device for my mom last fall. I was delighted with customer service, the price and the app. And they call right away if she presses the button. However, we want to be able to track her if she goes out of the house alone, since she is likely to get lost. Most of the time (like right now), it will just say that it's fetching data. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes to update, and then she's likely to be a couple of blocks away from the result. We're really sorry that the technology doesn't work better given the GPS technology that's available today.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a Lively Mobile and noticed in the manual (thankfully before activating the device) that it was for one single user. My mother is fully functioning but my father is in early stage dementia and can no longer remember how to use his cell phone to make a call. They do not have a landline so I wanted an emergency button he can use either for Mom or himself. I called Great Call and the customer service lady said it was no problem, I just had to let the folks know when I called the activation number. The man in the activation department was one of the rudest men to whom I have ever spoken.

I began asking whether I could cover both my parents with the one button and he cut me off, spoke over me, told me I would have to purchase an additional button with an additional subscription plan and activation fee, but with 25% off the second device and activation fee. He also noted my father would have to push the button corresponding to which of them was in trouble in order for the service to work, which I said he is not likely to remember which button belongs to whom. I remarked this wasn't going to fit my needs so thank you, but I will return the device and look elsewhere.

The man got very belligerent and spoke over me again, saying there are no other companies that would provide what I want, all are single user devices and plans like Great Call. I did return the Lively Mobile and went with Bay Alarm Medical instead, who offer exactly what I want for just $6 more per month than I would've paid for one subscription plan at Great Call, had no device charge or activation fee, and extremely nice and helpful customer service. Nowhere in the advertising for Lively Mobile were these constraints and extra expenses made known.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Rhita, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. We understand that each individual will have different needs and requirements and as such, we offer an Emergency Profile that solely pertains to the individual. 5Star Urgent Response is a personal safety service meant for the subscriber only. Medical information is specific and private for each individual. Therefore, the 5Star Personal Profile is set up for single contact support per service. The Personal Profile provides an additional level of protection to 5Star customers. It is an important tool that enables 5Star Response agents to provide the best service possible. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Yesterday when I was cleaning my house, I got my feet tangled up in the cord and fell hard on my knee and as my face was headed into the tile floor my put my arm down first. I was afraid to move because my knee and arm were hurting. I grabbed my Lively out of my pocket and pressed the button. Nothing. No light no answer from anyone. It was dead. I keep my Lively on the charger at night and then carry in my pocket during the day. So there should have been plenty of juice in the device. I called GreatCall and I told the representative my story and he said, "you have two options, buy a new one or cancel your account."

My daughter had stayed home from work that day to take care of me and when she heard that response from the representative she got on the phone. Well he then said he would run some test, which he did, and come to find out, the device did not hold a charge. His answer to this was, "you will have to buy a new device." So I don't know how long I have been going along thinking I had I had some help if I would fall, but it's very unnerving to think I have been paying monthly for nothing. He said a supervisor will call with 24 hrs to 2 days. I won't hold my breath. I have used GreatCall since December 2015. No customer loyalty.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Suzanne, we are sorry to hear about your fall and apologize for your recent experience with the Lively Mobile. We would like to look into this matter further, can you please respond to the private message we have sent you?

Lively Mobile by GreatCall expert review by Shelley Webb

Packages start at $24.99. Waterproof medical alert devices are available in wearable button, wrist and lanyard options. No annual contracts or cancellation fees. Fall detection available.

• 5Star Urgent Response: Highly trained agents are online 24/7 to provide assistance in emergencies.

• Fast response times: Get 24/7 access to registered nurses and board-certified doctors for advice and common prescriptions without an appointment.

• Easy to wear: Simply clip the device on your clothes or wear it around your neck or wrist.

• Patented GPS: Device will automatically track your location.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
What problem is Lively trying to solve?
Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
How does your Lively measure success?
We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information