toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

We've implemented the Lively and Jitterbug Flip for my Mom in May because we were concerned about her safety both in her home and on the road. (She doesn't have OnStar.) We've been thrilled with both the product and the service. When I purchased with a 30 day return period, I did all sorts of things to test their service for fall detection, dead battery, testing the call response time for emergencies, their ease of communication, etc. It's wonderful, and add the smart phone app for weekly activities, travel, etc. The service cost her less than her home and cell phones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have fallen twice. My family wanted me to have the Lively Mobile because they were concerned about me falling me. They were the one's that got it. It's okay but I don't like that it lights up all the time. It lights up like it's glowing. You can see the light even under my clothes. But, I don't mind wearing it. I wear it every day. As soon as I get up, I put it on. I would recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am 79 and I live alone in a two-story house. I thought it would be prudent to have something available to me in case I had an accident or a mishap. I had a different brand of medical alert device for about a year. What I did not like about it was that I had a base unit connected near the telephone, and if I accidentally pressed the button, which I had done many times, I had to go upstairs to cancel the call. And to me, that is just not necessary. Also, I was paying about $140 every three months, which, for what I had, was unnecessarily high too!

I had talked to someone I know and found out that they had the GreatCall service, and all they had was a necklace that had GPS capability. I thought to myself that I do not really need anything more than that. What I had did not have GPS - if it did, I was not aware of it. I have a necklace from Lively Mobile now, and it is very convenient and very comfortable. Also, if I accidentally pressed the button, I do not have to go upstairs to cancel the call anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband is older than I and stays by himself a lot of times because I work. He fell and had problems, which is very common with the elderly, and I wasn't with him. So we have Lively Mobile to protect him and I make sure he has it in his pocket before I go to work. It’s an excellent device and I’m very happy with it. Also, the reps were friendly and courteous when I deal with them if I have to update the account or find the device when he misplaces it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My 81 year old mother had a Great Call "Splash" Medical Alert Device for over two years. It worked great. I got updates on App when she left her Condo and could see where she was when she was out and about. About three weeks ago the Splash device would no longer charge. My Mom was sent a new device "Lively." It has not worked right since it has been received.

After three calls with Tech Support they sent a new device advising the "Lively" was not operating properly. New device came. Same problems. Received no updates on her locations. Tech support then advised it was an IT issue and they're working to fix it and wait a couple of hours and try again. No change. Called Tech Support again and this time the answer was the signal for the device was obstructed inside my Mom's condo. We never had this issue with the Splash device. After 6 calls with tech support and no resolution to problem. I will be cancelling our Great Call subscription and seeking a device from another provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 81 years old and I would not be without a medical alert device. I want to be able to get help when I’m up and about and needed it or if I fall in my small apartment there would be someone to come pick me up. I had a previous device, but we're delighted with Lively Mobile. When I first got it, I was showing it to a friend and she accidentally pushed the button. It was answered it right away and then I explained it was an accident and that I did not need help. They were very friendly. I felt like a fool but they did not make me feel like a fool. I put the device in my pocket, but If it was thinner, I'll just wear it around my neck. It is comfortable but I don’t like the squareness of it. I wish it was round like the one I used to have before but it's okay. Overall, I appreciate having it very much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Tomoko has dementia and she's home alone a lot and doesn't quite remember how to use the phone. I wanted to make sure that help could be contacted for her so I got her a Lively Mobile. I looked at ratings and liked the fall detection for it. That was a really big selling point for me. The device was also water resistant in case she forgets to take it off before the shower. Now, I feel a little more comfortable leaving her at night. She's on the other end of the house from us and if she fell or something happened, we would know about it. Every time we contacted customer service, it was by accident but they've been great.

There've been several times when she's accidentally triggered it. And she can't hear well, so when people at Lively Mobile would talk to her on the speaker, she doesn't hear them. Luckily, every time that happens, I’ve been home when they call the home phone to check on her. The biggest problem is remembering to charge the device and then remembering to put it back on after it's been charged. But overall, Lively Mobile has been great and convenient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 86 and I live alone so I thought it would be a good idea to get a medical alert device from Lively Mobile. I'm pretty much at home and it absolutely gives me peace of mind knowing if I fall and I couldn't get up, at least I have somebody there who knows where I am and what I am doing. I'm perfectly happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 80 years old. My health has been good but it's harder to get around and easier to fall. So one of my daughters investigated Lively Mobile. She liked the qualities and she felt it was a good one to start with. When I'm alone, I'm vulnerable to falls and break-ins, to all things that anybody can experience especially when people get older. There's security knowing that I can push a button and at least hear a voice on the other end. If I have to call somebody on my cell phone, they might not answer right away, but with my Lively device, they're supposed to.

But I had a slight problem the other night. The device turned off without doing the one thing that it does before it powers down. I called Lively and they did some kind of rebooting with the computer over the telephone and sent me on my way. Hopefully, it won't do it again because when people are depending on something, there's supposed to be a warning if the battery is getting low. It has done it in the past because I didn't know how long the charge would last or how long it took to fully charge. That's something I learned through experience once I got the device. I had other times when I had it on an extended time. It gives off a warning signal for two hours before it dies.

I don't like to wear the device to church because it blinks but I turn it back to so that the blinking is up against my chest. I also have the fall device, which is not smart to take off and put on, take off, and put on. It won't work if I don't have it around my neck. The call device doesn't go off if I fall down. I know a friend of mine who has it and it's just good for her in her house. She decided that's not sufficient for her, so she may be looking into other ones. I told her that I like my device and I'm happy with it so she may call Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had one significant fall a few years ago and when I had another more recent one, my daughters encouraged me to get a medical alert device. It seemed like a very good thing to do so we ordered something but it wasn't a medical alert service. When it arrived, there was a very clear notice that it won't work farther than four feet away from the door of my apartment. So the device went back since it didn’t take care of me and that’s when I insisted to my daughters that we try Lively Mobile.

My life has been more comfortable since having Lively. It's the last thing I take off at night and the first thing I put on in the morning. I keep the place where I plug it in right next to my bed and I leave it in the recharge for an extra hour or two because I had one experience where it had not been charged adequately. Overall, I'm pleased with the device and if anyone were to ask me, this is the device to go to because I feel safe and comfortable wherever I am when I'm wearing it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband would fall frequently. Before, he used the cellphone and would call me. Then we got the Lively Mobile and he's never complained about it. But even with Lively, I still get scared if the phone rings.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife passed away and I was by myself. My son decided we should have something in case of an emergency. My GreatCall Splash is part of my life and my style now and I get to wear it around my neck. It's a backup mobile that one must have when you're by yourself and I would recommend it. Even though I'm the one who at times do not wear it, I'm a pretty hardnosed guy and I'm saying that they should wear it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I've had a couple of falls where I got hurt. During my last fall, I broke my arm and was in a hospital. I tried to get up but I couldn't. Survival mode came on but I didn't have a mobile phone or any kind of device. And so, I got a medical alert device from Lively Mobile. The first device I got from them wasn't keeping a charge, so I got another one from them. Lively Mobile's customer team was very helpful and I was very pleased. Now, if I fall again, I could get 911 and have the ambulance over quicker. Having my device makes me feel more secure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My very wonderful neighbor has a Lively Mobile for a very long time and he recommended it to me. I’m up there in age, and if I'm out by myself, I need a medical alert device that I can notify with by pushing a button. Lively's customer service reps had great knowledge of what I needed and were very businesslike in their interactions. They also handled the situation very nicely. I have the device conveniently placed when I'm doing certain things, so that if I needed it I can use it. It's close enough at hand to handle anything that might come up. It's a handy little gadget that I have and it doesn’t need any kind of activation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen on a trip down the stone stairs in Norway, tore my rotator cuff and had to have surgery. I haven't had any problem since but I became fearful that I might fall and thought that Lively Mobile was a smart device. If something should happen, I will have help. Also, I live in a building with a lot of elderly people and I see as they get older, they start falling so, it was a precautionary purchase. My purchasing experience was excellent and they walked me through the whole step. That was very easy and the device is great. I keep it on my shower door.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've fallen several times so my daughter got Lively Mobile for me. She showed me how to use it and I just put it on in the morning and take it off at night. So far, I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have to use a walker because I lost my balance when I had a stroke and I'm on various medications to prevent me from having another one. I also have to take eye drops because my eyesight has been diminishing. Years ago, before I moved in with my daughter, I had Life Alert. Then my daughter insisted I switch to Lively Mobile. I haven't had to use it but it's been very good. It makes me confident to wear it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My kids bought the Lively Mobile medical alert device for me while I was in the hospital. I have osteoporosis, a broken back and also with burns in a house fire in '07. And sometimes when I would get up at night, I would fall. Lively Mobile would call me to see if everything was okay or if I need them. Sometimes when I accidentally drop it, they'll call me and see what's wrong and what they can do. So, I'm very satisfied with it. Sometime after I started using the device, the Lively Mobile team responded and by the time they got here, everything was cleared up. My husband works from 11:00 at night to 7:00 in the morning. And it's a great comfort to know that I can get help with him being gone in those hours. I don't wear it during the day when my husband is here. It stays in the cradle. I do not use it for my daily activities. I go to bed when he leaves at night. And that's the only time I use it. I haven't fallen in a long time and everything is okay.

Resolution In Progress

Lively Mobile

Patricia, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with the Link application reporting and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall’s 5Star Urgent Response team uses patented GPS technology, advanced location training and the “frequent locations” information provided in the Personal Profile to determine where a user is when the device is used. The accuracy of GPS technology or the ability to provide a location can vary depending on the environment the device is in. GPS is most accurate when a user is outdoors with an unobstructed view of the sky. The Lively Mobile also uses network Assisted GPS to locate you indoors and is capable of reporting its “last known” locations when conditions are not ideal. Our agents are trained to verify the user’s location by utilizing the “frequent location” information contained in the Personal Profile, and by asking the user for location identifying information, rather than relying on GPS technology alone. The GreatCall Link Application service, reports information to a loved one’s smartphone and updates every 20 minutes. However, the signal strength of the device and/or of the smartphone, can affect the reporting of information. Even in a good coverage area, things such as weather, topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service and service may vary significantly.

Original review: July 23, 2017

7/23/17 When trying to locate a monitoring device, was unsuccessful three times in 45 minutes. Monitor is worn by my father and he was missing! Contacted Technical Service and was told the issue was outside of their means to correct. Tracking was directly dependent on too many variables to locate the unit. The unit works wonderfully as long as he stays in his room but is unreliable when he leaves. Defeats the purpose of having the unit. After an hour he was located and not by Great Call/Lively/5Star. Disappointed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen several times so I needed a medical alert device. My caregiver and I called the Lively Mobile team when I got it. The reps we talked to were very good and everything was nice. I carry the device on my walker every morning. The rope is a little heavy and I don't like it around my neck. They need to have a different thing to put around the neck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got multiple sclerosis and I live alone, so I thought that it would be a good idea to have something when I take a shower. I had a medical alert device prior to having Lively, but I couldn’t use it if I walk down the hallway and certainly not if I went down the stairs because it's very heavy. I live on the sixth floor and with Lively Mobile, I can go out the door, into the elevator and downstairs to the mailbox. It knows where I'm at which is creepy, but it’s nice, especially for people with dementia. A neighbor’s father had dementia and oftentimes they couldn’t find him when he’d be walking down the block. Now, they could find him.

The device is super helpful. I put it on when I go down the hall or when I take a shower. I don’t wear it to bed but it is generally within easy reach. Fortunately, I'm not that disabled, so that I can lean across and get something. I had evidently put a clip on the back of my device. The clip pulled out but it was in pieces, so I had to call Lively but for some reason, the proper number to contact disappeared on my telephone. So I called another number and told them it's not an emergency because they're really nice about wanting to check right away. The rep made sure I have the phone number, and I requested for a new one which they sent right away.

I'm very anti-technology. I sold online services but everything was DOS, not Windows. My telephone is made for placing calls and I take pictures with the camera, not with the telephone. However, I appreciate the fact that I can use this device. I'm a chaplain to the MS patients and I have mentioned Lively to other people that have MS. I text them and for some of them who live alone, I double-check to see if it's something they want to consider.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am older, disabled, and living alone. I tried a medical alert device for a short period of time but it was inadequate because it was the kind that sits somewhere in the house and if a person is not in the same room with it, they can't hear you. But with the Lively Mobile, I can have it with me and travel and be almost anywhere and it still works like when I get out on my handicap scooter to the grocery store. That's good away from the home. I go out more now. I have the thing around the neck and I wear it all the time whenever I'm alone, except at night because then I have to recharge it. Also, the customer service team has been great. I've only had one time that I had to use it and it worked out well. The person was kind, reassuring, and helpful. I have been highly satisfied and I have recommended Lively Mobile to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the regular pendant that I wear around my neck from Lively Mobile and I love it. I used to live with other people so I didn't have one then. I'm 83 years old and I live in an apartment complex but I'm in the apartment by myself. And when I first got it, I lived in a townhouse with stairs and that really scared me because I was living by myself. I do not fall a lot and I am pretty healthy but I know four people that have fallen and couldn't get up or had a stroke and laid there for two days and I didn't want that to be me. So, I wear it all the time. A couple of times when I had inadvertently dropped it, the response has been immediate. When I called or when I dropped it the other day, since I have the fall detection thing, they've been right there. I'm very happy with it.

This is going on four years. We stopped for a little while when I got a roommate and then I went back on it. I've had this one for over a year. The only problem I have is, every time you call, it’s a long wait. It’s ludicrous. But that's not the problem of the people answering the calls. When I was going through some issues that I had with my Lively when I was trying to get the pendant, everybody was absolutely superb. I have recommended it to a friend many times. It’s great and I wouldn’t change it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have MS, congestive heart failure and a mitral valve then about a year and a half ago, I had a mini stroke and these conditions led me to get Lively Mobile. I had Medical Alert before but I was not happy with them. They were supposed to charge me monthly because it’s what I could only afford but they would charge me for three months so they kept putting me in the hole. They also didn't offer as much as Lively Mobile does and there’s so much detail that Lively Mobile asked that Medical Alert didn't so I was much more impressed. I also wear it all the time since it’s very comfortable. It's also really nice because the button is recessed so I can even sleep with it. I tend to curl up when I sleep but I have never hit it and it's never gone off by accident whereas the other one I would set it off all the time by accident.

My lifestyle did not change except that every once in a while I needed a cane. Other than that, things had been going well and I am very pleased with it plus the price cannot be beaten. It's been a great experience. They are very attentive and the response time for answering the phone is phenomenal including the questions that they asked for personal health issues plus we had doctors and hospitals that are beyond wonderful. I love it and recommended it to a couple people who are in worse shape than I am

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ll be 89 in November and I’m still walking and doing well. But my son-in-law and my daughter is paying for my Lively Mobile device so they insist that I wear it. I’ve used it a couple of times when I’ve had a bad spell. One time, I fell in the kitchen and the Lively Mobile team came and did real good. They're very reliable and it settles my mind a little bit that I can get help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost my hearing over a period of time. It got to the point that I realized I was not hearing well enough. And so, I invested in a Lively Mobile medical alert device. I wear it every day. I live in a retirement home and there is a woman who lives here who is an alcoholic. One time, I went out to go for a walk and I saw that woman had fallen in the grass. I hit the button on my device and somebody came on immediately. Then, one of my friends came up and talked to whoever was on the line. I discovered at that point that I was not able to hear what the person on the line said.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I couldn’t get my breath at times. My breath would go away and I was taken to the hospital where they gave me a little oxygen, looked me over and sent me back home. Then, I found out I had this atrial fib. One of my neighbors had Lively and I decided to go with them. When I first ordered it, it was supposed to be $25 as advertised but now, it's gotten up to $30 and I don't know why. But I would recommend them.

Lively Mobile

Aliester, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Jitterbug Smart phones your parents purchased and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall designed the easy to use menu and icons to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone. We made it bigger than most so it is easier to see and the speaker does have the highest hearing aid compatibility of MT/4T, but it is sensitive, like other smartphones. GreatCall does have the Jitterbug Flip phone that does not have a touch screen and may be easier to use, however, it also does not have internet access. If you are calling our Customer Service to trouble shoot your parents phones, once the agent verifies they are viewing the proper account and phone information, they would be able to assist you, however, they would not be able to speak of any account details. If you have any questions or require further assistance, our 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, is available between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday - Saturday.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have two elderly parents, my Dad is nearly 83 and my Mom is 80 and suffers from MS. In an attempt to make life a bit easier for both of them my Dad thought new cell phones specifically made for senior citizens with vision/hearing and manual dexterity issues would be a great idea. GreatCall is not the answer. Perhaps for high functioning seniors in their mid to late sixties with slight hearing and or vision problems, GreatCall may be passable. For anyone (senior or otherwise) who suffers from vision loss (glaucoma, macular degeneration), hearing loss, and severe loss of manual dexterity these phones are no better (and sometimes worse) than any other smart phone on the market.

To begin, the speaker is no better and no louder than any other typical smart phone speaker, it will offer no help with hearing difficulties. The screen is larger than some smart phones so this may be one small advantage with vision difficulties. There are no added features for anyone suffering from manual dexterity issues such as MS or arthritis, the phones are ultra sensitive and make errors in dialing, and usage happen often. The phone's program often redials the last number called, randomly switches from various apps without any input and phases in and out seemingly at its own will. Basically, these are cheap versions of any smart phone on the market falsely claiming to be specifically made with senior citizens in mind.

On a side note, I understand the customer service representatives looking out for seniors by verifying someone speaking for them on the phone. If that were for any issue to do with their finances - subjecting grown "children" of elderly parents in their 30's, 40's and 50's is idiotic and humiliating. Each time you speak with customer service they will need "verification" to allow you to speak for your parent. This is false concern hoping they won't have to speak with someone who won't be fooled by their assurances of how wonderful these phones are for elderly users. Not worth the time, money or effort.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm alone and sometimes I feel like I need some things that would help me to contact somebody if I couldn't get to my phone or if I couldn't dial 911. Also, I'm out a lot. I do a lot of running and I go to church. I have had a lot of people ask me about Lively Mobile and I told them not only is it for when I have a problem but if I get lost and I need to know where I'm at, I can ask them for help. Being my age, I don't always know. I'm doing better Googling stuff on the phone and checking the maps but there are times that I don't get everything right on my phone. I came back from Texas in the spring and if I had gotten lost, I knew I could press the button and somebody would be able to help me.

Also, everything was fine with their team and they answered all my questions. Sometimes, though, I really don't like to have to wear it because I can't wear my jewelry. But there have been a few times that I've taken it off and put on a necklace like when I knew I was going to be at the church where people would be able to help me if I needed help. Otherwise, I pretty much wear it all the time. It's a part of me now and I'd recommend it to anybody that gives me a chance. Everything has been satisfactory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and my children thought I should have a medical alert device. I got one from Lively Mobile and I make sure that I wear it all the time. It's handy to have and I wear mine around my neck. I just put it on in the morning, then I don't pay any attention to it anymore. People at Lively were fine too. The only issue I have with the device is that sometimes at around 5:00 PM, it starts making a noise and showing the red dot, indicating that it needs to be charged, and I don't know why it's doing it so early. What I've been doing is while I'm getting ready for bed early at about 6:00 PM so I can watch my television program, I put it in the receptacle and let it charge. Then it lasts until I go to bed at about 10:00 PM. I also have one problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. The monthly charge is on my statement from the bank, which is fine, except that I don't know why I've got a monthly charge without a date there.

Question and Answers - Lively Mobile

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Profile