Lively

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and got the Lively device for security. It was my family that was concerned about it. My device accidentally got punched when it was in my purse and I got a difficult time hearing their reps but other than that I've had no issues with them. I occasionally wear the device around my neck but it bothers me because it moves around so it's either in my purse or sitting next to wherever I'm sitting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fall quite often and my sons are at work so they settled that I needed to be able to get help when I need it. I feel safe with my GreatCall medical alert device and I wear it everyday. It's a little large and I have a fall detection on it so it makes it extra thick. One time my son and I were doing something with it then it got bumped on and they answered right away. We didn't mean to push the button but somehow he was here with me and they were right there in the call. I'm glad to have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had heart surgery and I have a bad back, so Lively's device is gonna be useful to me because I would never know if I'm gonna fall. When I was setting it up the team was helpful and there wasn't any problem. I have recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in an accident so my kids were bugging me to get a medical alert device and I needed something in case I go out although I don't go out at night anymore. I used to have a medical alert through the state. I have GreatCall now and it's the same because I really haven't used it. I beeped it one time by mistake and boom, they were there right away. They were buzzing and I didn't know what the heck they're buzzing. I wasn't used to hearing it and I've never heard it before so I went around the house trying to figure out what it was. I finally figured it out because they called. I like it and it's fine so far. I've got it on a lanyard necklace but it's heavy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband heard about Lively through the senior center that we belong to and we heard good things about it. I got the necklace version and used it once to see how to do it and the team responded right away. They did what they were supposed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the necklace from GreatCall Lively, and it works for me. However, I wish I didn't have the big black thing hanging on my neck. While I haven’t had to use the device since I had it, I've accidentally mashed it one time, and Lively's team responded right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't had any problems with it. I just put it in my bra and when I remember to put it on, it works fine. One time, I accidentally pressed it and the Lively team came through the device right away. They answered and asked what the problem was so I told them that it was just an accident that I touched it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We haven't had the need to use the GreatCall Lively but we have it on all the time and it's for my wife's benefit since she has trouble getting around. She has the necklace type and we're sure we're going to continue using it for a long time. I would also recommend GreatCall to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The GreatcalI Lively is my first medical alert device and I've had it close to a year now. The necklace is easy enough to wear but I usually don't wear it out of the house. Anytime I've called, I've had a good experience. I only had a bad experience with the device because it wasn't charging, but it was replaced and it's fine now. I would recommend the Lively device to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my GreatCall Lively for almost a year, with my daughter paying for it every month. I've got the necklace and the bracelet, but I was annoyed with the bracelet. So I switched to the necklace, which I liked better, and everybody notices that I wear it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son gave me a Lively necklace and it’s very easy to wear. It helped me when I had my heart attack. I'm home alone and my husband is in a nursing home. I woke up with pains in my chest. My fingers and my hands were numb. I pressed the button and the ambulance came and took me to the hospital. The response time was very quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Eugene has never had to use the Greatcall Lively device other than our test time on it, where the response of the Lively team was good. He wears the necklace but he doesn't like it hanging around his neck, and he would like the bracelet even less. But overall, we like the Lively and have recommended it to a couple of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister at the pastoral church has told me about GreatCall and I've been using my medical alert device for a little over a year. I have the necklace type and having the device gives me more freedom to go out. Overall, the experience with it has been great so I keep it with me. I would also recommend it to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 80 years old and I'm in moderately good health, but my wife passed away about three years ago and there's always a chance of falling. I have a townhouse where I got electric chairs to go upstairs with, but I like the idea that I was good at any place that I went to and not just here in the house. Since I live alone, I want to stay independent as long as I can. I had been seeing Lively before I purchased it, and what impressed me was the idea that it was good at any place that I went and not just here in the home. I have a cell phone and a lot of times, I leave it in the console of the car when I'm driving because I can't reach it in my pocket. Then sometimes when I go in to do the grocery shopping or go into a store, I'll forget to put it in my pocket. With Lively, I have something that is with me all the time. I use a lanyard on my neck and nobody knows I even have it.

My wife's family is in California and I go out every year to see them. As a check, after I got off the plane in San Francisco and drove to Santa Cruz, I pushed the button on the Lively device and asked them if they knew where I was. They gave me the address immediately of where I was in California, and that was impressive to me. I don't use it very often but I once every two months I'll push the button and talk to the people and tell them it's not an emergency to be sure everything is okay. It makes me confident that the light's still flashing on it. Going across the country, I was curious the first time to see whether it would do what the rep said it would do and it did. The last gentleman I talked to here a few weeks ago said, "Feel free to call even when you need to talk to somebody for a minute." My kids know I have it, and I like the feeling that they'll be contacted if I have an emergency. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in my position.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 95, live alone and my son wanted me to have a medical alert device. I like to have my Lively alert device on. When I go out, I put it in my purse, and then when I get home sometimes, it'll be half a day before I realize that I don't have it on. I'm very careful to wear it. I feel comfortable having the alert. Before I got Lively's medical alert service, I had the one from LifeStation. But Lively's service goes further. It goes anywhere, rather than just in my home. Moreover, the Lively people are so good about answering quickly, and I've been very impressed with that. With LifeStation, it took them very long to respond.

The other night, I was watching the World Series. I was eating an apple and some peanuts, and a little piece of apple got stuck in my throat and I couldn't swallow it. I was distressed and worried. I felt like I was choking. So, I drank a little water, but that seemed to exacerbate the whole situation, and I got a little nervous. So, I pushed the alert button, and the Lively guy was on the line. He asked me several questions that I answered, then he said, "I'm having someone come and I'll stay with you," which was very nice. As we were waiting, I said, "Oh, I just swallowed it. It's gone down. I'm okay." But he said that they had already called the rescue people. They came over and I said, "I'm okay now." We talked a little bit and then they left.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively is there if I need them. I always have people around me in case I fall or get sick, but when I'm on the road, by myself, or with the dog, I feel safer with my device. I travel 600 miles by myself just to see my daughter, and I travel more safely because all I do is press a button and I'll have help in any occurrence. However, I've got a damaged nerve in my neck and I don't like too much weight around it, so I've been putting the device in my pants' pocket, attaching it to the belt or to a chain on my belt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because of my heart, I needed to get a medical alert device. I now have Lively and I'm fine with it. I wear it around my neck when I'm at home but when I'm out and about I don't, because I usually have somebody with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My treatment for cancer made me really weak and I wanted to have something that I could wear that was easy to operate in case some emergency came up and I needed some help. My Lively device is working fine and it's very easy to use which is good 'cause I need easy stuff. I wear it and I know it's there but I don't think about it. It doesn't take up a lot of space to make me have to do anything to have it working. I've had a good experience with Lively. This is a good product and it works well. I'd tell others to go ahead and get one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband expired two years ago and I'm 83 years old but I'm not disabled in any way. When I go to the doctor once a year, she says that there's nothing wrong with me. So, the only thing I want this medical alert device is because I live alone and I never know when an accident will occur. So I would also be prepared if anything should happen. Since having it, I have been able to feel safer with Lively. And I like being able to feel safe.

It's also very comfortable and convenient. I wear it where nobody can come and snag it off my neck. I see people with them hanging on their neck. I don't like that so I tuck mine in the bra. One time I was in an area that I'm not familiar with to get my nails done. I looked at my phone and it says where I am. It gave me the address and showed me the little shopping area I was in. I like that they're keeping up with me. I would like for other elderly people like myself to be able to know that there's help out there for them. And I have gotten other elderly people to get Lively because we need it.

I have only had the phone a month and has not worked well at all. I have called Great Call at least 10 times. I have done what they told me to do. Every time they say to take out battery and then put it back in, I have been charging it over night. It still freezes up and when I shut the phone the dial tone is still on. One person said "you have to hit no to get the dial tone off." Then the next person said "you have to hit no twice to get it to stop." Then the next person said "you should just have to shut it to get the dial tone off." This morning I had to take the battery out once again to get it on stick, ridiculous. My husband is going to call again this morning, hopefully they will send us a replacement.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother's Lively device has been very good for her in the 2 years that she had it. The only problem she's had with the necklace was that the device was falling off. But she was able to get it back on the chain. When she called the Lively team one time, everything went fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been fortunate that I haven't had to use it. But I've had Lively for quite a while and I don't go anywhere without it. I'm very comfortable with it. I feel good about it. It's the second medical alert device I've had. I would've still had my first one but I wanted to go to wireless, and that was on the landline. And I was told at that time that there was none of them that could go on a cellphone. And then I saw an advertisement on television and it showed that Lively was doing everything out of the home. So, I got this one. I have a heart problem and live alone, so my kids insisted I get one. The device fits in the palm of my hands and I just have it either in my purse or pocket. I really want it to be with me now. I've grown on it. I'm happy with Lively, and my kids feel more comfortable that I have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lose balance so I got a Lively a medical alert device. In case I fall, I have somebody to call. It's plugged in and it's easy to use. My aunt was asking about it because she has one and she wondered how it was. I told her it was good. I recommend Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother and I both feel better since she had GreatCall Lively. Her most recent difficulty was breaking her tibia and her fibula at 92. She literally just came out of rehab from the hospital and surgery. We haven't had to use it but I appreciate the ability to get somebody on the line immediately to dispatch first responders. I also believe that mom can even have somebody else answer a call on her behalf so that she can alert somebody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have problems with my legs and fall a lot so I needed a medical alert device. I went for Lively. I've used it six times and it's worked every time I've needed to use it. It's been an excellent experience. Their people were kind, very efficient, and got the service to me quickly. The device just hangs around my neck - it's a little clumsy but comfortable. I feel a little safer having it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost my husband last December and I had a heart attack while he was sick. I have twin sons that live near me, and they thought it was advisable that I have a medical alert device in case of emergency. I don't go out of the house very much, but I like Lively because it makes me feel safe. When I was in one of my sons' house, I leaned up against the table and accidentally turned it on. Immediately, somebody came on and wanted to know what my emergency was. I apologized and thankfully that's the only time that's it's ever been turned on. I'm a little foolish for leaning against it, but thankful to know that it was prompt and that they were on duty. I wear it inside of my clothing and it's very comfortable. It gives me peace of mind and I appreciate it.

I am still young but live alone so after looking at the different options Greatcall offered I decided the Lively Wearable would be the best choice for me. I was aware of the weaknesses a bluetooth device connected to my smartphone would have. But my home is small and I always know where it is. What I didn't account for is that the Lively Wearable would go off on its own without me activating it. I had 10 instances where for no reason the Lively Wearable initiated contact with Greatcall. Where this presents a problem is when you aren't near your phone and you don't realize it's happened - they call your relative and emergency services. I was able to catch 8 of the false alarms before they did that but on two occasions my family was contacted and 911 was called. The device actually put me in harms way as I often had to run to a different floor in the house to get to the phone when it would falsely contact Greatcall.

One time I was just out of the shower and the device was laying on my bed. In that case they had called 911. Can you imagine if 911 had shown up and come through my front door while I was in the shower! To make things worse even though they knew all the troubles I had with this device as I called them several times to discuss my problems, I must pay shipping and a restocking fee for this piece of garbage. Maybe their other devices are okay. I don't know. But stay far away from the Lively Wearable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I leaned against the button of my Lively device by the sink counter by accident. They were very efficient and an officer showed up at the door and followed up with it. It was very reassuring to see that because I know they're on the button as far as being there when I need them. I was diagnosed with ALS and even if it hadn't been for my illness, I would have had Lively because I'm 81 years old and if my husband's away from the house, I'm here all alone. The device would be a good thing and we would still have gotten it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister had the Lively alarm system that her doctors had recommended for her, and she told me that this is the best medical alert service to have, so that's how I got it. I've had it for at least two months now. I wear the alert device on a necklace. I always wear it with me when I'd go places. I wear it, even in the shower, because I am alone. Everything was so smooth with the Lively staff and I've not had any trouble at all.

Question and Answers - Lively

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Company Profile