Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Lively Mobile Plus

4.6/5 (1319 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Lively Mobile Plus

Lively Mobile Plus is a waterproof, one-touch medical alert device from GreatCall. The company offers free shipping and a 30-day money-back guarantee if the device is returned after little use and in like-new condition. It uses the Verizon cellular network, and its call centers are staffed 24/7 by certified agents.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• Free shipping
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Reasonable pricing
    • GPS tracking

Cons

• Depends on Verizon cell network
    • Not good for remote areas

Bottom Line

Lively Mobile Plus is a GPS-capable medical alert system. The company has 24/7 U.S.-based call centers staffed with certified agents. It alerts help in case of a fall and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Top Lively Mobile Plus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile Plus by GreatCall?

Verified

In the middle of the night, when you fall, you need somebody. It makes me feel good knowing I have my Lively Mobile. The device is all right that I wear it just like a necklace. I...

Verified

… I wear it when I get up in the attic and I wear it when I get up on the ladder. I called them not very long ago because I wanted to be sure it works, and the response time was v...

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

What is Lively Mobile Plus?

Lively Mobile Plus is a life alert system with GPS capabilities that runs on Verizon’s cellular network for use both in and outside of the home. Users can contact a call center staffed with certified responders 24/7 by pressing a large button on the front of the device. Once you’ve contacted Lively Mobile Plus, an agent will stay on the phone with you until help arrives.

Agents have the training to handle medical emergencies but can also respond to nonemergency situations like being locked out of your house or walking alone in the dark. Lively Mobile Plus also has fall detection features to alert the call center automatically if you lose your balance while wearing the device. Users can also upgrade to include Urgent Care services so they can speak with a live nurse or doctor for medical advice and common prescriptions without involving insurance.

How does Lively Mobile Plus work?

Because Lively Mobile needs access to Verizon’s cell tower network to work, you should check the company website to make sure service is available in your area. You can purchase Lively Mobile through the website or through your local Best Buy, Walgreens or Rite-Aid. After you’ve purchased the device, you will pick one of three monthly service plans.

Lively Mobile is easy to set up and requires no installation. The device can either be worn around your neck on a lanyard or clipped onto a belt. Should you fall or press the device’s help button, a trained agent will start a conversation. These urgent responders can alert emergency services to your location if necessary, give directions if you’re lost or handle other nonemergency situations. Your Lively Mobile device will need to be charged; the company recommends charging every night for optimal use.

Lively Mobile Plus plans

Lively Mobile customers have three service plans to choose from. All plans, including the $19.99-monthly Basic plan, include access to the 5Star Urgent Response service. This service is staffed by agents who can respond to both emergency and nonemergency situations.

The Preferred plan, which is $29.99 a month, adds Urgent Care and GreatCall Link services. Urgent Care lets you ask a doctor or a nurse any medical questions you might have. Designed with caregivers in mind, GreatCall Link is an app that keeps family members informed about the health of the user. The Ultimate plan, which costs $39.99 a month, includes fall detection, which activates the device automatically through motion sensors.

Lively Mobile Plus cost

In addition to a monthly service plan, Lively Mobile users pay for the device upfront ($49.99). A user guide and a charging dock are included. Customers also receive a magnetic lanyard to wear the device around the neck and an accessory clip that lets users clip the device to a belt. Standard shipping is free, or you can pay $20 to receive the device in less than three days. Lively Mobile has a 30-day money-back guarantee if the item is returned in like-new condition — meaning you return it in the original box, you have not had over 30 minutes of talk time and you did not use more than 50 KB of data.

Lively Mobile Plus FAQ

Who makes the Lively Mobile?
    GreatCall makes Lively Mobile and designs a wide range of electronic products for seniors. GreatCall is best known for creating the Jitterbug, a popular cell phone for older adults.
    Do you need Wi-Fi for Lively Mobile?
    No, the device is powered by Verizon’s cellular tower. Lively Mobile does not use Wi-Fi networks.
    What is GreatCall’s return policy for the Lively Mobile?
    There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on the Lively Mobile, but the return must meet two conditions: You must return the phone in like-new condition in the original box, and you must have used less than 30 minutes of talk time and less than 50 KB of data.
    Where are Lively Mobile monitoring centers located?
    All Lively Mobile monitoring centers are U.S.-based. Lively Mobile’s customer service center is based in Carlsbad, California.

Do we recommend Lively Mobile Plus?

Overall, most users report feeling safer and mention quick response times with Lively Mobile devices. In addition, the cost of Lively Mobile is on the lower end, with monthly plans ranging from $19.99 to $39.99. The product itself has great features, is waterproof and offers fall detection. Because it’s powered by Verizon’s cellular network and has GPS capability, it’s a good choice for seniors who are active and spend lots of time outside the home. However, due to its dependence on cellular towers, Lively Mobile might not be the best choice for those in extremely remote areas where Verizon service is spotty.

Lively Mobile Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile Plus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile Plus by GreatCall?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My issued started 3 days ago on 1-21-2020. A total of 19 (NINETEEN) calls as of today 1-24-2020 a total of 37 (Thirty Seven) calls between GreatCall, Critical Signal Technologies and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. 2 of the calls to GreatCall resulted in 2 separate support agents asking, “maybe you should just TAKE A TIMEOUT”. The other after I explained everything for 15th time just came right out and said “You just to cancel this account”. No offer to even check into it

My mom received her Greatcall emergency response system yesterday. In the box was the form we were to fill out and send back with contact information, her medical condition and medicine she was taking. Or according to the form you can go to www.greatcall.com and update your information. That’s where over three hours of phone calls were made and still nothing was resolved. I started with her insurance company anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield who transferred me to Critical signal technologies, who then transferred me to GreatCall. The issue has still not been resolved so now I’m wondering if Greatcall is the right emergency response system for my mother. If I can’t even get an online account set up how are you guys gonna respond to an emergency.

I asked LifeLine to come and pick up the old system. When they showed this morning I told them to leave it here because I don’t have a reliable system in hand. So I paid another $53.00 for another month of service. I respectfully ask that someone return my call so we can get this issue resolved so I know my mother's in safe hands.

I did send a message via Messenger. I received a call from an individual with the Office of the President for GreatCall. Still no fix to the problem. The excuse was this was a new program through my mom‘s insurance company and they were going forward they will remove the information stating that you can set up an online account so you can monitor the health and welfare of the patient wearing it. Next step I guess is to write an email to the CEO of Best Buy but really not relying on any feedback there. I suggest if you’re looking for a emergency medical device for your love ones that has 2020 technology that you look elsewhere. Sincerely Michael **

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Michael, we are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate your feedback. We would like to look into this further with you, please look for a private response from us.

Original review: July 5, 2019

The device is not sold out, nor is it out of stock, do not allow the two companies lie to you. The device is defective and on recall for "Public Safety Reasons". As one of the many victims of this defective device, they too tried to mislead me as well. That is why they had to recall it. 911 does not work, it is NOT waterproof as they say, the Fall Detection does not work, GPS does not work. Now a Federal Class action Lawsuit is pending against both companies.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2019

On 5/26/19 I called Customer Service to report that my mother's Lively Mobile Pendant was not holding a charge. They tried for over a half hour to re-activate the device and finally determined it was "unfixable". I expected them to send a replacement, but they said the pendant was out of stock, they did not know when they'd have any more, and there was no "Waiting list." They offered to substitute their Jitterbug flip phone, but I said that was not acceptable. If it's not on a necklace, I don't think my mother would be carrying a phone up & down the cellar stairs.

I was astonished that they could be "out" of pendants, one of their top products. I told them I was not pleased and would find another company. I hung up the phone to contemplate this dilemma. The rep immediately called back and said she would have to close the account if I didn't want the flip phone. I felt I had to make a snap decision at that point and said okay before thinking to ask about a warranty on the unfixable pendant which is under a year old. If GreatCall is one of the top companies, I'm not looking forward to dealing with my 2nd or 3rd choices. Still can't believe the device was out of stock!

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Norma, thank you for sharing your experience. At this time, we are not able to offer replacements for our Lively Mobile devices. We are working to correct the problem and can understand your disappointment. Please follow up with us so that we can discuss the alternative coverage options available at this time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I set up the Lively Mobile device for my mom last fall. I was delighted with customer service, the price and the app. And they call right away if she presses the button. However, we want to be able to track her if she goes out of the house alone, since she is likely to get lost. Most of the time (like right now), it will just say that it's fetching data. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes to update, and then she's likely to be a couple of blocks away from the result. We're really sorry that the technology doesn't work better given the GPS technology that's available today.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a Lively Mobile and noticed in the manual (thankfully before activating the device) that it was for one single user. My mother is fully functioning but my father is in early stage dementia and can no longer remember how to use his cell phone to make a call. They do not have a landline so I wanted an emergency button he can use either for Mom or himself. I called Great Call and the customer service lady said it was no problem, I just had to let the folks know when I called the activation number. The man in the activation department was one of the rudest men to whom I have ever spoken.

I began asking whether I could cover both my parents with the one button and he cut me off, spoke over me, told me I would have to purchase an additional button with an additional subscription plan and activation fee, but with 25% off the second device and activation fee. He also noted my father would have to push the button corresponding to which of them was in trouble in order for the service to work, which I said he is not likely to remember which button belongs to whom. I remarked this wasn't going to fit my needs so thank you, but I will return the device and look elsewhere.

The man got very belligerent and spoke over me again, saying there are no other companies that would provide what I want, all are single user devices and plans like Great Call. I did return the Lively Mobile and went with Bay Alarm Medical instead, who offer exactly what I want for just $6 more per month than I would've paid for one subscription plan at Great Call, had no device charge or activation fee, and extremely nice and helpful customer service. Nowhere in the advertising for Lively Mobile were these constraints and extra expenses made known.

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Rhita, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. We understand that each individual will have different needs and requirements and as such, we offer an Emergency Profile that solely pertains to the individual. 5Star Urgent Response is a personal safety service meant for the subscriber only. Medical information is specific and private for each individual. Therefore, the 5Star Personal Profile is set up for single contact support per service. The Personal Profile provides an additional level of protection to 5Star customers. It is an important tool that enables 5Star Response agents to provide the best service possible. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Yesterday when I was cleaning my house, I got my feet tangled up in the cord and fell hard on my knee and as my face was headed into the tile floor my put my arm down first. I was afraid to move because my knee and arm were hurting. I grabbed my Lively out of my pocket and pressed the button. Nothing. No light no answer from anyone. It was dead. I keep my Lively on the charger at night and then carry in my pocket during the day. So there should have been plenty of juice in the device. I called GreatCall and I told the representative my story and he said, "you have two options, buy a new one or cancel your account."

My daughter had stayed home from work that day to take care of me and when she heard that response from the representative she got on the phone. Well he then said he would run some test, which he did, and come to find out, the device did not hold a charge. His answer to this was, "you will have to buy a new device." So I don't know how long I have been going along thinking I had I had some help if I would fall, but it's very unnerving to think I have been paying monthly for nothing. He said a supervisor will call with 24 hrs to 2 days. I won't hold my breath. I have used GreatCall since December 2015. No customer loyalty.

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Suzanne, we are sorry to hear about your fall and apologize for your recent experience with the Lively Mobile. We would like to look into this matter further, can you please respond to the private message we have sent you?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

They will not let me return phone. They misled me & not truthful. They told me 2 keep phone & I would get what I expected. They lied so I would keep phone & go beyond time to return. I paid 4 something they knew not useful. I hope you can help!!! Thank you!!!

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Dawn, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available. We are willing to look into your account to determine if you were within the 30 day return period. For your privacy and security please look for a private message from GreatCall to receive your account information.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased GreatCall - Lively Mobile One-Piece Water-Resistant Medical Alert Device - Silver for my 89 year old mother. She lives alone as my father has passed. She still drives, so wanted a device that could travel with her. She is also still very active around her property but is fearful of falling & needing assistance. I checked coverage availability for her area. It reported that there was coverage.

However, when trying to activate the device it was not able to pick up signal, so activation was not completed. The tech that I spoke with stated the device must be faulty. What are the odds? This was not a very comforting thought for her or her children, that the device made it to a store shelf. There is terrible coverage within her hometown, but never a problem with cellphone signal in her rural area. I am returning the device to our local Walmart for a refund. Very disappointed of the claim that there is coverage in her area when the device is too weak to pickup the cell signals it needs.

Lively Mobile Plus response

Teresa, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. If you are in need of any further assistance, please call Customer Service, between the hours of 5 am and 8 pm Pacific Time.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m as active as I can be but I had fallen across the fence at my front yard. Also my husband passed away three years ago so my kids just kept on wanting me to get this medical alert device. I had a friend that got one and hers was only good for so many feet out there in the backyard or front yard. I wanted one that was good anywhere so I got Lively Mobile. I wear it when I get up in the attic and I wear it when I get up on the ladder. I called them not very long ago because I wanted to be sure it works, and the response time was very good. The rep answered right away. So I was very happy. I would recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have people in my family who is falling down and I have bad hips and can’t get up. Also, I’m 90 years old now and I thought I should have a medical alert device. The device that I had fell apart and I'm ordering another from Lively Mobile because of the reasonable price. It was something I could handle. I ordered on the phone and the rep was friendly and nice. I felt really comfortable.

Find a Medical Alert System partner near you.

Lively Mobile Plus Company Information