2. Medical Alert Systems

Lively Mobile

Lively Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5
Based on 1,317 ratings

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
View More View More

Lively Mobile Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My issued started 3 days ago on 1-21-2020. A total of 19 (NINETEEN) calls as of today 1-24-2020 a total of 37 (Thirty Seven) calls between GreatCall, Critical Signal Technologies and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. 2 of the calls to GreatCall resulted in 2 separate support agents asking, “maybe you should just TAKE A TIMEOUT”. The other after I explained everything for 15th time just came right out and said “You just to cancel this account”. No offer to even check into it

My mom received her Greatcall emergency response system yesterday. In the box was the form we were to fill out and send back with contact information, her medical condition and medicine she was taking. Or according to the form you can go to www.greatcall.com and update your information. That’s where over three hours of phone calls were made and still nothing was resolved. I started with her insurance company anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield who transferred me to Critical signal technologies, who then transferred me to GreatCall. The issue has still not been resolved so now I’m wondering if Greatcall is the right emergency response system for my mother. If I can’t even get an online account set up how are you guys gonna respond to an emergency.

I asked LifeLine to come and pick up the old system. When they showed this morning I told them to leave it here because I don’t have a reliable system in hand. So I paid another $53.00 for another month of service. I respectfully ask that someone return my call so we can get this issue resolved so I know my mother's in safe hands.

I did send a message via Messenger. I received a call from an individual with the Office of the President for GreatCall. Still no fix to the problem. The excuse was this was a new program through my mom‘s insurance company and they were going forward they will remove the information stating that you can set up an online account so you can monitor the health and welfare of the patient wearing it. Next step I guess is to write an email to the CEO of Best Buy but really not relying on any feedback there. I suggest if you’re looking for a emergency medical device for your love ones that has 2020 technology that you look elsewhere. Sincerely Michael **

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

The device is not sold out, nor is it out of stock, do not allow the two companies lie to you. The device is defective and on recall for "Public Safety Reasons". As one of the many victims of this defective device, they too tried to mislead me as well. That is why they had to recall it. 911 does not work, it is NOT waterproof as they say, the Fall Detection does not work, GPS does not work. Now a Federal Class action Lawsuit is pending against both companies.

Original review: June 14, 2019

On 5/26/19 I called Customer Service to report that my mother's Lively Mobile Pendant was not holding a charge. They tried for over a half hour to re-activate the device and finally determined it was "unfixable". I expected them to send a replacement, but they said the pendant was out of stock, they did not know when they'd have any more, and there was no "Waiting list." They offered to substitute their Jitterbug flip phone, but I said that was not acceptable. If it's not on a necklace, I don't think my mother would be carrying a phone up & down the cellar stairs.

I was astonished that they could be "out" of pendants, one of their top products. I told them I was not pleased and would find another company. I hung up the phone to contemplate this dilemma. The rep immediately called back and said she would have to close the account if I didn't want the flip phone. I felt I had to make a snap decision at that point and said okay before thinking to ask about a warranty on the unfixable pendant which is under a year old. If GreatCall is one of the top companies, I'm not looking forward to dealing with my 2nd or 3rd choices. Still can't believe the device was out of stock!

Lively Mobile response

Hello Norma, thank you for sharing your experience. At this time, we are not able to offer replacements for our Lively Mobile devices. We are working to correct the problem and can understand your disappointment. Please follow up with us so that we can discuss the alternative coverage options available at this time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I set up the Lively Mobile device for my mom last fall. I was delighted with customer service, the price and the app. And they call right away if she presses the button. However, we want to be able to track her if she goes out of the house alone, since she is likely to get lost. Most of the time (like right now), it will just say that it's fetching data. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes to update, and then she's likely to be a couple of blocks away from the result. We're really sorry that the technology doesn't work better given the GPS technology that's available today.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a Lively Mobile and noticed in the manual (thankfully before activating the device) that it was for one single user. My mother is fully functioning but my father is in early stage dementia and can no longer remember how to use his cell phone to make a call. They do not have a landline so I wanted an emergency button he can use either for Mom or himself. I called Great Call and the customer service lady said it was no problem, I just had to let the folks know when I called the activation number. The man in the activation department was one of the rudest men to whom I have ever spoken.

I began asking whether I could cover both my parents with the one button and he cut me off, spoke over me, told me I would have to purchase an additional button with an additional subscription plan and activation fee, but with 25% off the second device and activation fee. He also noted my father would have to push the button corresponding to which of them was in trouble in order for the service to work, which I said he is not likely to remember which button belongs to whom. I remarked this wasn't going to fit my needs so thank you, but I will return the device and look elsewhere.

The man got very belligerent and spoke over me again, saying there are no other companies that would provide what I want, all are single user devices and plans like Great Call. I did return the Lively Mobile and went with Bay Alarm Medical instead, who offer exactly what I want for just $6 more per month than I would've paid for one subscription plan at Great Call, had no device charge or activation fee, and extremely nice and helpful customer service. Nowhere in the advertising for Lively Mobile were these constraints and extra expenses made known.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Rhita, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. We understand that each individual will have different needs and requirements and as such, we offer an Emergency Profile that solely pertains to the individual. 5Star Urgent Response is a personal safety service meant for the subscriber only. Medical information is specific and private for each individual. Therefore, the 5Star Personal Profile is set up for single contact support per service. The Personal Profile provides an additional level of protection to 5Star customers. It is an important tool that enables 5Star Response agents to provide the best service possible. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Yesterday when I was cleaning my house, I got my feet tangled up in the cord and fell hard on my knee and as my face was headed into the tile floor my put my arm down first. I was afraid to move because my knee and arm were hurting. I grabbed my Lively out of my pocket and pressed the button. Nothing. No light no answer from anyone. It was dead. I keep my Lively on the charger at night and then carry in my pocket during the day. So there should have been plenty of juice in the device. I called GreatCall and I told the representative my story and he said, "you have two options, buy a new one or cancel your account."

My daughter had stayed home from work that day to take care of me and when she heard that response from the representative she got on the phone. Well he then said he would run some test, which he did, and come to find out, the device did not hold a charge. His answer to this was, "you will have to buy a new device." So I don't know how long I have been going along thinking I had I had some help if I would fall, but it's very unnerving to think I have been paying monthly for nothing. He said a supervisor will call with 24 hrs to 2 days. I won't hold my breath. I have used GreatCall since December 2015. No customer loyalty.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Suzanne, we are sorry to hear about your fall and apologize for your recent experience with the Lively Mobile. We would like to look into this matter further, can you please respond to the private message we have sent you?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

They will not let me return phone. They misled me & not truthful. They told me 2 keep phone & I would get what I expected. They lied so I would keep phone & go beyond time to return. I paid 4 something they knew not useful. I hope you can help!!! Thank you!!!

Lively Mobile response

Hello Dawn, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available. We are willing to look into your account to determine if you were within the 30 day return period. For your privacy and security please look for a private message from GreatCall to receive your account information.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased GreatCall - Lively Mobile One-Piece Water-Resistant Medical Alert Device - Silver for my 89 year old mother. She lives alone as my father has passed. She still drives, so wanted a device that could travel with her. She is also still very active around her property but is fearful of falling & needing assistance. I checked coverage availability for her area. It reported that there was coverage.

However, when trying to activate the device it was not able to pick up signal, so activation was not completed. The tech that I spoke with stated the device must be faulty. What are the odds? This was not a very comforting thought for her or her children, that the device made it to a store shelf. There is terrible coverage within her hometown, but never a problem with cellphone signal in her rural area. I am returning the device to our local Walmart for a refund. Very disappointed of the claim that there is coverage in her area when the device is too weak to pickup the cell signals it needs.

Lively Mobile response

Teresa, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. If you are in need of any further assistance, please call Customer Service, between the hours of 5 am and 8 pm Pacific Time.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m as active as I can be but I had fallen across the fence at my front yard. Also my husband passed away three years ago so my kids just kept on wanting me to get this medical alert device. I had a friend that got one and hers was only good for so many feet out there in the backyard or front yard. I wanted one that was good anywhere so I got Lively Mobile. I wear it when I get up in the attic and I wear it when I get up on the ladder. I called them not very long ago because I wanted to be sure it works, and the response time was very good. The rep answered right away. So I was very happy. I would recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have people in my family who is falling down and I have bad hips and can’t get up. Also, I’m 90 years old now and I thought I should have a medical alert device. The device that I had fell apart and I'm ordering another from Lively Mobile because of the reasonable price. It was something I could handle. I ordered on the phone and the rep was friendly and nice. I felt really comfortable.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall expert review by Shelley Webb

Medical alert devices for seniors start at $29.99 plus monthly plan and activation charges. Only cellular service is available.

• Equipment features: Waterproof medical alert devices are available in the wearable button, wrist and lanyard options. Lively Mobile Plus includes enhanced GPS and fall detection capability.

• Battery life: Mobile battery life lasts up to 24 hours.

• Monitoring centers: Through 5Star Service, Lively Mobile connects to monitoring centers that are endorsed by the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED).

• Contracts: No annual contracts or cancellation fees.

• Money-back guarantee: Lively mobile comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
    What problem is Lively trying to solve?
    Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
    How does your Lively measure success?
    We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
    At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information