4.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 241 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Video
Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

1022 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I’ve had my Lively Mobile for a couple of months now. I got a medical alert device since I'm not steady on my feet. My daughter tested it when I first got it. And I've never had to use it so far. It's not inconvenient and I wear it at night. It's nice to know that if I really have trouble and need help, I can get it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I'm about to turn 71 and my wife has died so I live alone. I got Lively Mobile and it has definitely made me feel more confident and safe. I put it on in the morning, take it off at night and the rest of the time it's there if I ever need it. I've got it on a lanyard so either it hangs under my t-shirt or if I'm wearing a shirt that has a pocket I stick it in the pocket. I have a combination lock on my door, so I put that in my profile so that if I ever need them they can let the first responders in without breaking the door down. Other than that, I've only spoken to them by accident. In the very beginning, leaned on the key a little too hard when they did the test call and they wound up calling back. They’ve been polite, helpful and were able to answer all your questions. I'm in the process of recommending them to a friend. I've been harassing her for months to get one and she has finally agreed.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I’m 92 years old and I live alone. I fell one time when I went to the mailbox but that was all my fault. I wasn’t walking slowly towards the house while looking at my mail, then I stepped on a vine and over I went. I broke my collar bones so I couldn’t undress myself or use my arms. Now, I carry the Lively Mobile device around with me all the time. I love it and I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I got a medical alert device from Lively Mobile and I wear it around my neck. I use it when I’m out in the yard working and I’m climbing ladders. I felt like I needed to have it because I live alone and if I were to fall off a ladder, I would have nobody there to know I am lying on the ground. My mom had one and then she passed away, and I thought that it’s not a bad idea for me to have one for that type of thing right now. When I first got the device, it went off due to a short, and the fire department ended up being at my house. I called Lively Mobile and they ended up sending me a new one. They were very nice and professional. Overall, my experience with Lively Mobile has been good.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My mom was living alone and she could have fallen. At one point before I got here to take care of her, she went out to get the newspaper and she fell on the driveway. She she knocked herself out and had to crawl back upstairs. My sister found out about Lively Mobile and she set it up for her. She still has it even after I came back and I'm with her almost 24/7 now.

One time, she had it hanging low around her neck while she was getting some coffee and she leaned up against the counter. Within seconds, I heard a man asking if my mom was okay and I asked her where that was coming from. It was muffled and the device was under her shirt. I didn't know what was going on and I thought the phone was off the hook at first. Also, she can't hear very well and she did not hear the gentleman who was trying to communicate with her. I didn't know how the device worked at that time and I thought it would simply send a signal then someone would send someone to the house. That happened twice as an accident. So I shortened the cord around her neck and it sits apart now in her waist. That's kept it out of the way and it would work but the only problem is she can't respond. But if she didn't respond, I know they would still send help.

Also, one night my sister called and said that she got a message saying that our mom was out of the house at 10:30 pm. Apparently, there's GPS tracking on the device. But my mom doesn’t go anywhere at night and neither do I. Other than that, Lively Mobile costs 30 bucks a month and I wish it was a little less expensive. But it's a good service and it's worth it. I can't really put a price on that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I had a mild heart attack and since I got GreatCall, I take it everywhere I go. I got it on my neck, otherwise, I hook it on my belt. I have it for over a year now. I hit the button accidentally a couple of times and their response was quick.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I'm a widow and I live alone. My daughter who lives in Kansas City suggested I get a mobile alert so I got a Lively Mobile through Walmart. I just hang it around my neck and it's very comfortable. So far, I'm very satisfied with it and I feel safer because I got something to rely on. I have fallen three times, I pushed the button and they came to my rescue. Their response time was very good. I'm 12 miles from the Carthage Ambulance and they've been here very quickly and I really appreciate it. In fact, I recommended it to my aunt who is 94 when I was down visiting her. I suggested that she get one too. So, I talked to her daughter and she said, "Now since maybe you got one, she'll get one." And she did and she's very pleased with it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My wife passed away and I’m living alone now. I don’t have a caregiver and the doctors said I had to have something that would activate in case I fell and injured myself. I wear the Lively Mobile around my neck and I’ve got the magnetic coupling put together. The fall activation only works if I have it on the magnetic. I had a problem before with it not activating. They said that maybe I was wearing it wrong or it was under my clothes. When I have a seizure, I’m out through a good 30 minutes before I come back to life. The fall activation doesn't work if I wear it around my wrist or under my belt. Their directions should be changed, that it has to directly and specifically say that it has to be worn on the outside of the clothes. If I have an emergency, feel bad or have a heart attack, I can simply press the button and there's someone there instantly which is great.

The first active alert that I had had broken down so they sent me another one. I’m contemplating changing brands because I have grand mal seizures and I’ve fallen quite a bit. I’m going to activate the one that I have now and run some tests in the house to see if it works and if it doesn't, I’ll move on. I'm satisfied with Lively Mobile, but not so satisfied. It’s well worth the money that I've paid for it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Two years ago, I had two very bad falls. I have arthritis in one knee, a replacement in the other and a very bad back. I walked with a cane and I live alone. I needed to have something and so I got the Lively Mobile. I don't go anywhere outside of the house without it. It gave me a sense of security. I have the original device. My spine is so bad and it's heavy on my neck. I purchased the replacement insurance they have on it and in January, I'm going to see if I can get the lighter one.

One time, the device was in my pocket and I leaned on something. It alerted team from Lively Mobile and kept calling my name. But I didn't know they were calling me since I was at a grocery store. I apologized for accidentally doing that and they were very nice about it. I'm afraid to do that again but every time I've called, everyone has been good to me. I'm very pleased with Lively Mobile. It comes in handy for me since I have three dogs and I'm out of the house a lot walking the dogs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I'm quite happy with the unit that I got from Lively Mobile. I just have to remember to take it off at night and put it on the charger. I had fainted a couple of times and I've been having problems with myself. I, along with family and friends, decided that I should get something like it. I searched and checked at the hospital. They used Life Alert, but they said that there were several other units available in drug stores or even at Walmart. I went up to Walmart and bought it. Now, I am more confident and I don't worry so much. As long as it's hanging around my neck, I'm fine. I feel a sense of peace knowing that if something should happen and I'm aware, I can push the button and get some help. I don't notice it much but I wish they had made the lanyard a little bit longer. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I feel safer with my Lively Mobile. I’m elderly, going to be 74, and I wear it all the time. I put it on a chain around my neck and it doesn’t bother me one bit. Half the time I forget it’s even there. It’s faster than my cellphone and it's right by my bed when I take it off at night and put it on the charger. And if anything happens, all I do is just touch the button and someone’s there. They answer immediately. It’s marvelous. I call them about every month and a half to make sure it’s working. And sometimes I’ll go outside of the home and they can tell me exactly where I’m at. They’ve assured me that if anything happens or if someone comes into my home or something’s wrong, they will stay on the phone with me until someone arrives. I’m very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I got a medical alert after I had two strokes. Also, I have a good possibility that I could fall. There's a number of times that I'm by myself and I need to have something there. Lively Mobile is comfortable and easy to use and their team has been friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I fell once, so I needed a medical device, and I got one from Lively Mobile. I wear it around my neck, and in case I fall again, I'll have it. It's working all right and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My husband passed away and I was living alone out in the country. I carry a cellphone with me all the time but I have had experience with two people who had strokes. They couldn't talk so they couldn't call but they could have pushed the button and gotten help. That's why I got the GreatCall and I feel much more secure with it. During the day, I carry it in my pocket then at night, I put around my neck. Once, I hit it accidentally and it worked. When they answered, I didn't know I had pushed it and they were very understanding. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had another company before and I had them for over three years but I wasn't satisfied with them. Then I saw GreatCall and John Walsh was advertising it. He would not be standing and putting his name next to anything that is not credible and so I got into GreatCall. My husband passed away and I live here with my daughter but sometimes she travels. I'm 85 years of age and when she goes away and if I get sick there's nobody in the house. With GreatCall I feel very confident that if anything happens then I can press that button and I'll be taken care of if my daughter is not here.

One night I turned and my hand accidentally hit the device that was on my night table next to my bed. As soon as I touched it they responded right away and I heard them saying, "Hello? Can I help you?" I told them what had happened and from then on I never tested it. I have the one that I wear on my neck when I'm leaving the house and I used to take the small device on my pocketbook when I would go to church. I also had told my friends about them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My Lively Mobile has been fine and I can't complain. Fortunately, I have not had to use it, but it still keeps beeping my little white light, which makes me feel comfortable. With the last chemotherapy type I was given, I had numb feet and numb hands. My balance has been terrible and I was living alone. My kids kept saying to do something, so I got one. My son is living with me now and I contemplated not needing it now that he is here. However, he's not here during the day since he works and I'm going to need help if something happens while he's out. It's a comfort knowing that it's there. I just forget about it because I don't wear it around my neck. That part bothers me since I should wear it. I already have something that I wear around my neck, and adding the Lively Mobile is just too much. I just feel I would be inclined to wear a watch more.

Also, it reminds me of wearing a padlock because it's not shaped like a little necklace. It's square and it flashes all the time. They said to turn it over so that it's not obviously flashing on my face or people can't see it. It's one of the things that I choose not to wear it. It doesn't look pretty and I have to turn it upside down. My friend's husband has fallen several times and they've had theirs for about five years. She is the one that encouraged me to get it. She said that it's wonderful. She calls them and they come pick her husband up and put him in his wheelchair before going on their way.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I had fallen a few times and I live by myself, so we decided that it would be good to have some back up because something could happen and I would need help. What prompted the whole thing was a year ago, I was extremely ill and a lady found and helped me. I didn't know what I was doing and if I had the Lively Mobile device at the time, I might have saved myself a lot of problems. Since having the device, I realized at least someone would be aware if I needed help. I have the pendant and it's perfectly easy to use. It's not the trickiest thing I would have to wear but it's necessary. I was wearing one when I was in Dallas a few months ago and I fell and I used it there. The response was excellent and EMS came right on out even though I was living in an assisted living. I'd definitely recommend Lively Mobile to a friend anytime.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I put the Lively Mobile around my neck and if I need to report anything, I report it. I had a stroke and fall occasionally so I decided I needed a life alert. The Lively Mobile team was very helpful when I purchased it. It’s a way I can go to 911 immediately. I prepare it in case I have another stroke and I just ring the bell. I did ring it, not because of a stroke or anything like that, and they were prompt. I want to be happy with being prompt. When I go to bed in the evening, I take it off. And when I get up in the morning at about 7:00, I put it back on and I leave it on all day. It's very convenient.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I had a stroke and I couldn't get around very well so I got an alert system. I got Lively Mobile and it's very easy to use. I have the clip that I can use on to my clothes, or wear it around my neck. I dropped it once and it did come back as a fall alert. However, I got that straightened out right away. I am now slowly getting better but I'm going to keep the alert system for a while.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I had a heart attack, and my son thought I needed a medical alert device and he bought Lively Mobile. He fixed it around my neck. I wear it and it's there if I need it. I’ve only set it off once when I held a jar up against me and set it off. And Lively was real fast to get back to me. It's working fine and I’m really satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My lungs are gone and I'm 91 years old so anything could happen at any time. Lively Mobile is always handy. When I go to bed at night, I lay it on either my stand out in my living room or on my stand by the bedroom. I took it to Colorado last year, which is 1200+ miles through the mountains, and I tried the device just for the hell of it on the train, and it worked out all right. The only thing I have trouble with is it's a little too heavy for hanging around my neck. Between it and the suspender, it's pulling on my neck all the time. But I'd recommend it to somebody else and it's there when you want it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I had strokes and got a medical alert device but it was only worn in the house. I was then a little nervous about that. Now, I have the Lively Mobile. I've worn it and it makes me feel better. However, the lanyard didn't work out for me very well. The medical alert device was heavy and the lanyard lost its magnetism and wasn't able to hold the device off. That's something they can work on. I've called them and had to get two new lanyards. I got the lanyard with little holes apart to where I can hook it on pants. It was a great experience and the customer service was fine.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I stopped using the other medical alert device and then after I fell, I got Lively Mobile. It said that you could use it and it doesn't get wet. I got it back on again today because I realized that I got to have it on every day. When I fell and I didn’t have it on, it took me about 45 minutes to get into my house. But once I got in the house, I used Lively Mobile and called the people. There was no delay time getting them on the phone. The lady I spoke to was nice and she stayed with me until they came.

Lively called the fire people, then the ambulance people. And they were able to give them my code to get in my house, which was good. It saved me from having to buy a new door because I have one of those metal bar doors. They didn't have to break in. They were here in about 10 minutes. That was the most valuable thing that I could ever have had and I feel good if I keep the alert on. I like that it beeps to remind me that I need to put it back on the charger. I made a little purse for it and I put it around my waist because I don't like them hanging around my neck.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I’m not fond of the actual Lively Mobile device and the cord that connects to it and I don’t wear it outside. The device is very bulky and I wish it had a different connecting cord that’s thinner and less obvious. I stick the device inside my bra because it’s so ugly that I don’t want to wear it the way it should be worn and when I’m with other people, I tend not to wear it. I see pictures of other pendants and they look much smaller. But the Lively Mobile device is easy to use and luckily, I haven’t used it much. It’s more a preventative type of thing, and my family wanted me to get it because when I’m up in Northern New York I'm in a very remote area. I have hit the Lively Mobile accidentally and when they say, “What’s your emergency?” I say, “There’s no emergency. I just hit it inadvertently.” They respond immediately because I’m between two locations. I’m here in Boca for eight months, and then I’m up North for four and it works at both places.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My son got the Lively Mobile for me and I have it for only two months. I had to use it when I fell back in August and it was something I had right at the right time. When I fell, I could't get up right away and I couldn't get to a cellphone or a regular phone. The ambulance was here in 10 minutes then the people that picked me up off the ground were two 80-year-old retired nurses, and I’ll never forget them. Lively Mobile is comfortable and easy to use for me. When charging, I just drop it on the charger and when it makes this one sound then I got it in there right. Overall, it was a very good experience and I have told some friends about it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I have a family member who lives with me and when I'm alone, I like to keep Lively Mobile right with me. I also feel secure in carrying it with me when I’m driving which I do frequently or at times when I take care of my other sons' pets when they're out of town. But when I'm in the house, I don't carry it around my neck since it's added weight and I don't feel the need when family members are home.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have a heart condition and I'm in a wheelchair most of the time. I walk with a walker at home, but not always, and I didn't want to fall. The Lively Mobile device makes me feel a bit more secure because I've always got a phone right there. Only one time I pressed the button when I first got it because I want to see if it works. They came on and they asked if it was an emergency and I said that I was just checking. The device is really easy to use but it’s not really comfortable. It hangs around your neck and as I do a lot of sewing, it seems to be all the time in my way. But I deal with it because it's such a handy little gadget to have in case something would happen.

I only wish it had something on it that you could clip it to your clothes, rather than wear what looks like a shoelace around your neck. I can't put it in my pocket because I might press that button and it would be easier if I could hook it on a shirt or pants. I'm glad I got it because it gives me the feeling that if I have to be alone at home or if I am going somewhere, I don't have to depend on somebody else to get me help. All I have to do is press the button and they'll come on and ask me what I need. Lively Mobile gives me freedom.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My son lives out of state and he bought me the Lively Mobile device. I put it on when I wake up and wear it the whole day. I've had it for well over a year now. I live alone and I like the security of having the device.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’m living here alone and I’m 80 years old. I had some problems and have had a leg operated. My family doesn’t want me here alone so my Lively Mobile is right here on the kitchen counter. It just sits there and blink and I have taken it out every month. If I go to any place, I pull it out so that if anything happens, if I trip or fell, I would be able to reach up over the counter. Initially, we were thinking about getting another kind but Lively Mobile was a little less expensive than that and the telephone was bigger. So when I saw Lively in the magazine, I got it. One time, when I was in the house, I accidentally hit the button and they kept calling me. I got the button, dropped it and I was trying to pick it up. It was a mess but it wasn’t because I was ill. I dropped the telephone because it was backward. Other than that, I would tell a friend about Lively Mobile.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had fallen and had a complete left hip done in January of this year. I'm getting much better but I needed some help because of my walking. Lively Mobile is the first medical alert service that I’ve used and I'm very satisfied. I have the type that you wear around your neck so it’s very convenient if I go out. Even in the house, I have it always with me because for my balance I use a walker. The kids were the ones that got the unit for me and they want me to carry it and have it out all the time, so I feel safe.

I lost it yesterday and that was my first experience with them tracking. I went earlier to Marc's in Strongsville, Ohio here and I must have dropped it when I took my wallet out of my purse and I didn't realize where it was until afternoon. I went through the whole house, the garage and my car and then I called Lively Mobile and immediately, the gal was very nice. She told me not to worry and they will track it down, and they did it very quickly. They tracked it immediately all the way to Marc's and we just got it there. It was amazing. My experience with Lively Mobile has been excellent and I'd recommend it to a friend.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
What problem is Lively trying to solve?
Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
How does your Lively measure success?
We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information