Lively Mobile

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father-in-law kept on falling so we got him a medical alert device. Lively was the one that was at Wal-Mart and it was handy to get. The team members at Lively has been good. He's fallen a couple of times and they have called. They did an awesome job. He's home alone during the day while we work, so Lively works really good for him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been falling a lot, so I needed a medical alert device. I got the Lively Mobile alert device because Home Health told me that I could get it there. I wear the device around my neck, and I don't pay any attention to it. When I get up, I put it on, then I put it in the cradle at night. If the red light flashes, then the batteries need to be charged. One night, the little green light in the middle of the button that's pushed was red, and my son was over here and I asked him to check on it. He said that this was because the signal was low and wasn't picking up. He looked at his phone and his phone had low signal on it, too.

Since using my alert device, I'm trying to be more careful and take my time in doing things. One night, I took out the alert device and put it in the cradle, but I must have hit it too hard and it went off accidentally. Then I heard the phone ringing and, after a minute or two, the Lively team answered. This startled me because I thought it would take a bigger jar to have them answer. I told them that I was sorry and that I was just putting the device back in the cradle, and they thanked me for calling Lively.

I have a friend who also has an alert device, but her unit didnt activate when she fell and didn't push the button. I was telling my son about this, and he said that he had to pay extra for the fall detection feature that my alert device was fitted with that allows my unit to automatically be activated in case I fall, without my first having to push the help button. I have recommended Lively to my nephew.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a good experience with GreatCall. I’m 84 years old and I live alone so it was a great idea to get a medical alert device. It turned out great because a couple of weeks after that I had to use it. Their rep was excellent. She contacted all the people that she had to. They kept online and they came here. It really worked good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm prone to falling, so I take Lively with me wherever I go. I wear it around my neck, and it's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We go out to walk our dogs in a big open field and it's a good idea to be out somewhere and be able to call someone. I do have another one, Alert, but it just enables us to use it in the house and our yard. So that's why I got the Lively Mobile. You can't hold it all the time, but you can put it in your bag or put it somewhere with you when you're going out of your home. But you don't want to walk around with it in your hand. Also, it would be so obvious if you had it around your neck, especially when it's a certain social situation. So, if you take it with you have to put it in your pant's pocket.

At the very beginning, several months ago, I was getting gas at a station and I had it in my pocket. Then, it accidentally went off and rang GreatCall while I was walking back to my car. A woman told me I need to be more careful and that was rude. It also stays beside my bed because that's where I feel most vulnerable. But now, I also take it to church, sometimes in my pocket. I take it to the woods when we go walking our dogs and meeting other people there, it's sort of a neighborhood place. I have the Life Alert but I'm going to let that one go. There is no need having them both. Also, at first, when I got Lively Mobile, it was a little tough because I didn't understand a lot of things. I had about two bad episodes. But now when I talk to their reps, they're always very polite and they help me out. It worked out good now. They've been nice and very hospitable with everything and I'm well satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone, but my daughter lives nearby. I got a GreatCall device for security and so far, I feel secure. If I feel I need help and I’m alone, I press the button. My device needs to be repaired because the clip at the back flexed and broke off. I’ve made an adjustment and it still hangs around my neck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I feel more secure having Lively Mobile. I wear it around my neck and though it's big and bulky, I manage. However, I have to recharge it at night but I don't know how long does a charge last so I don't know what do I do at night. I tried to call them once but I never did get through. They are too busy. I've tried several times within one week, but I had to wait so long that it just wasn't worth the effort. I just kept holding and I was disappointed in that because I had some questions at that time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had an open heart surgery and a stroke so we decided to get a medical alert device from Lively. I was fairly confident 'til I found out that the fall detector is a bunch of hogwash. There's nothing to it. I had it on me and I fell and broke an arm or shoulder, and my wife fell a couple of times, too. They didn't do a thing. I almost took another step to get my money back on it because to me, it's just something that they sell but doesn't work. I've spoken to them about this three times. We've also talked to someone from Lively but we get the runaround on that. It was horrible. The fall detector is just a gimmick to get people to spend more money. It was a false sense of security for me 'cause I go back to work thinking if she falls, everything is all right. There were several weeks that I was thinking I had that security but I didn't. I would recommend the button to anybody but the fall detector is not worth two cents.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have difficulties in walking and I always have to take help for going to wherever it is needed. I have two - one for home and another one when I go out. I got Lively Mobile and I’m happy because it has helped me at least twice in the last three months. I fell, I called them, and they sent me the person to help me. They’re excellent. When I call for help, I receive it immediately. I feel comfortable at home and outside because of my device. It's very easy to use. I’m happy and very satisfied with Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had two hips and one knee replaced and I thought I might need a medical alert. I've gotten one, from Lively Mobile, which I wear around my neck and it is comfortable. I have not had to use it so far but we tested it a couple of times, dialing 9-1-1, to make sure everything was okay and everything was okay. Lively Mobile team answered quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm going on 97 and I felt that I needed some protection because my daughter's gone about a week out of the month. I got Lively Mobile and I feel good about it. I've used it a couple of times and they're here pretty fast when I press the button. They ask me questions and I held the door open for them. Then I had my friends in the car and they kind of checked on me. I have that written out and my daughter sent a phone number so it's right there for them to see. The reps were very friendly, very patient and I thanked them and they stayed with me. They took my blood pressure and it was a little high but gradually went down. And so they felt and I felt that I need not go to the hospital.

I keep my Lively Mobile by my bed and I put it in at night to recharge it then I carry it out in the day and wear it around my neck. It's not heavy but I don't like it dangling so I kind of put it down inside my bra so it kind of holds up. I encouraged my sister in Utah to get one too. She's nine years younger and she was by herself and she laid on the floor for seven hours before she scooted on her tummy to get to the phone. I'm going to write to her today and ask her if she has one yet and I'll recommend the one I have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and have had some falls. I have degenerative arthritis and spinal stenosis, and it'd be nice to be able to get some help if I need it, so I got a Lively Mobile. Lively Mobile has a big, black thick rope that comes down to my navel and is hard to put around my neck. Now I have a stainless steel chain, but still got the little black rope that goes down. It’s long and irritating. They should have a new one or something that’s better that isn’t going to rub on the neck. I bought two chains but they weren’t good enough. Also, the little clasp changes color and tarnishes. It’s not very attractive. I need something that’s not going to change colors if I’m going to wear it every day. It could be a little lighter too.

I’ve had my Lively Mobile for only about two or three years yet I see other devices that look smaller and better. It would be nice if it were smaller and didn’t look so masculine. I was looking in a magazine, and I saw this device, and what was sent to me is nothing like what I saw in the advertisement. I told them I expect it to look like that. I don’t want something big and clunky hanging down my neck all the time. I also want it to at least look a little better. I’m a woman and I don’t want it to look like I have a rope around my neck. I want it to look feminine and I was sent something with a rope. Other than that, it’s the most reasonable in terms of fees and it has worked.

When the Lively Mobile went off, I didn’t recognize what the little sound was. One time, I pushed it accidentally. I fell in the garage and because of my spinal stenosis and two artificial knees, it was hard getting up. I was getting ready to call to just have them call my son as I needed some help in trying to get up, but ended up sitting down behind my trunk and was in a tight position. Sometimes I want to push it just to see if it really works. My son keeps telling me that nobody is going to get in my house. But still, I get nervous that somebody might get in, so it feels good for me to know that I have the Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was alone and I don’t know my neighbors. Also, my son worked in a town an hour away. I have neuropathy, I have a walker and I was afraid that if I fall, I’d be in trouble. One time, my doctor came to cut my toenails, removed something at the bottom of my feet and I was barefoot. He pushed my walker in the middle of the room then he walked out. When I needed to reach for my walker, I couldn't.

So I called Lively up and asked the lady rep if I could make a call but she said, "No" because I was barefoot and I could fall. She called my daughter but she didn't answer because they did not identify themselves. She called my son in his office an hour away, and he called my son-in-law, but still, nobody was coming. She then called an ambulance from the University of Michigan and they came out. Luckily, the door was still open otherwise, they would have trouble getting in. So now I'm going to find out if we have a clubhouse and I'll get their number so that Lively can call them if something similar happens.

Another instance is when I was in Ohio, I couldn’t get into my friend’s house. My son got in but we sat in the garage because I couldn’t go up her stairs. I pushed the button on my device and they told us exactly what street we were on. So I proved one thing - all other buttons work only in the house, but mine worked in another state and they knew exactly where I was. The button on the device is easy to push and I found out that I should put it inside my blouse if I am in my room, I was enclosed, or I bend over. I’ve also recommended them to my 88-year old friend in Ohio because when she goes down her basement, she really worries if something happens. So she’s thinking about getting one. Overall, it's been a great experience with Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before using Lively Mobile, we did have another medical alert device but it was one that was in the house and didn’t do me any good. I fell outside and kept pushing the button. They heard it and they did call my daughter. They also called the fire department. I was bleeding pretty bad by the time they got to me. So when I saw Lively on TV, I called and we got this one set up. I called once when I fell in the bathroom early in the morning. There was no light on and my son talked to them. I have a granddaughter who lives about a mile away that’s a PA, we got her, and she was able to get down and help me get back up. I wear my device every day. And that’s exactly why I want it because I’m on the GPS and they know where I am. It's a little heavy but not much. It doesn’t bother me at all and I’m glad I got it. It does the job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need to have a medical alert device because I had a fall a while back. A very good friend of mine got Lively Mobile and I was influenced by her. Then I just bought my iPhone and I also saw their ads in the Sunday section. I had those things together on my mind and I called them. I live in a retired community and it helps others realize I'm doing my best. This is one of the things that I do so that if I fall, I'll have help.

Their device is something you get very used to and after a while I begin to think if it still works. But when you lay it on the bed a little bit maybe harder than you thought and go to take a shower, there's the alarm. I know it's working. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. Other than to tell them I'm all right, the customer service person assisted me when I had put on backwards so the device doesn't charge. I now recognize a little beep that comes and then I get it turned around and it starts to charge again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had Lively Mobile for all these months and I can’t seem to figure out how to get it going. I’ve tried to do what I’m supposed to do and then a voice comes on and says something is enabled, and I don't know what that means. I keep it charged but then I take it off, I lay it down on the desk and it just sits there. I don’t think I’m following the directions properly. Overall it's comforting knowing that I have it and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an alarm system through ADT but I found out it was only good for 30 yards from your house, and it would not be any good if I were to be traveling. A friend of mine told me about Lively, and I decided to get it. When I go out, I usually wear the device around my neck, except when I'm at home and it stays in my counter. I go to the mountains a lot and it impressed me that Lively would go that far. They called me one time when my alarm system went off as I was fixing to leave the house. They were very nice and concerned. Lively makes me feel more at ease. Even when I'm at home by myself, all I got to do is pick that up and mash it, and someone talks to me and in turn they call the person that is number one on my list. So I feel very safe with it. And I have recommended Lively time and time again since I've gotten it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 70 years old and I live by myself. I had an attack of atrial fibrillation some time ago and I could've died, and that's the reason I decided to get Lively Mobile. The guy that was advertising it used to be on America's Most Wanted, and I figured if he was the pitchman for Lively Mobile and he was honest, then Lively Mobile would be too. The one that I've got is good anywhere in the United States. I own a property out in Northern Arizona and I usually go out there once a year, and that's another reason that I got this rather than some of those that just work at home.

I called in last week sometime when I noticed that Lively Mobile has a cellphone service that has the emergency alert button on the cellphone. My two-year agreement with them is about up and I was thinking about getting it. But after I talked to their representative, he told me that with the medical alert and that being the only phone I'd be using, it'd cost $70 a month and I didn't wanna do that, so I'm just gonna keep what I've got. The charger works fine and I haven't had any trouble with it. I charge the device, put it on the charger every night at 10:00 and take it off at 7:00 or 8:00 the next morning. I wear it around my neck all day long in case something should happen that I might need some assistance.

The one problem I've got is I call and want to talk to a human but it's almost impossible. I don't own a computer so I have to depend on my phone to get through when I wanna talk to somebody, but I can't get through on the phone. Lively Mobile puts me on hold until I finally get frustrated and hang up. Other than that, I haven't had to use their device. I pushed the button one time to make sure it was working okay and it was. They responded almost immediately.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 80 years old and I live by myself so my son felt like it was necessary for me to have a medical alert device. When I put my Lively Mobile on, I keep it on. I have fibromyalgia and it's hard for me to get up and down so I needed it and I feel secure with it. I called about three weeks ago since I was real sick. I knew I couldn't drive, and my kids were all at work so they took me to the hospital. They're great. Everybody that lives alone and is getting up in years needs to have something like Lively Mobile. I had a very successful experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My knee went out one time and my husband is hard of hearing and we have separate bedrooms. I was screaming for help and he couldn't hear me but now, I feel more secure with Lively Mobile though I haven't fallen and haven't had to use it at all. What I use it mostly for is at nighttime because my knees would go out on me and be very painful. So I feel much better now because I wear the alert device plus I wear a brace around my knee. I wear it on my wrist and it's very easy to use. It makes me more comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased Lively Mobile for my dad. He's had it for about a year now and he's used to it. When we got it, he was living pretty much on his own. My nephew is staying there but he wasn't there a whole lot. We felt it was necessary due to his dementia and everything. If he would take a fall or something he needed a way to contact somebody immediately. Now he has since moved into the house with me and my wife. I work second shift, and she works first shift. There's only a couple of hours in between shifts that he's actually by himself. He doesn't need it as much but he still wears it everyday because you never know. It's nice to know that he has that.

He actually had a medical alert device before but it was one that you couldn't wear outside the house. It had a mobile base and it was restricted. With Lively Mobile, he can go anywhere. It does help him. I'd have to fix it the other day because the rope came out of the clasp. So, I just threw some super glue in there and put it back in. He charges it every night to make sure it's full. I would definitely recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a medical alert device because I'm getting old. I switched to Lively because the other one only included my home while Lively is good for away from home. The device is easy to use and their team was great when I called them. It's been a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sons wanted me to have a medical alert device. I got the Lively Mobile and I feel like I need to put it on when I'm out. It's there that I can rely upon.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having some falls, my wife died and I'm by myself so everybody in my family suggested I might need to get a medical alert device. I take the device of Lively with me around the house and when I go to get the paper and the car. It's very easy to use and I really depend on it and I call it my little Bubba.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had health issues and a hearing problem and I was concerned about him. I told him to get a medical alert system in case he has an emergency and needs emergency care so he went out and got the Lively Mobile system first. He was using it up to his death. A couple of times, I would walk in the mall with him and it would go off and he couldn't hear it. If he didn't respond, they would send somebody out to him because it was GPS located.

I also have some knee and weight problem. After my husband passed, I also got my Lively Mobile. When people look at it and ask, I tell them it's my "I've-fallen-and-I-can't-get-up" button. The reps have been good in responding quickly when I accidentally pushed the button and when I tested it. And then they have an additional fee for the monitoring for potential falls. It's 40 bucks a month for me but it's the best $40 a month I can spend plus the cost of the unit. However, setting up the account online with all the information can be complicated. The website isn't easy to manipulate and they ask for medication, the name of my doctor, contact information.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a hard time with balance and the Lively mobile gives me peace of mind and I'm a little less worried. I dropped it once, and they were right on there immediately which was awesome. I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively Mobile has been security for me because I live alone. If I ever have a problem because I'm on an age, my medical alert device is there for me. I'm satisfied with it and I recommend it because I only use it when I really have to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 93 years old so I got a Lively medical alert device and my daughter loves it because it tells her where I am. In the very beginning, I had a problem as the device wasn't holding a charge and their team sent me a different one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pretty unsteady so I got a Lively medical alert device. I have this internal bleeding so when that happens and my blood gets too low, I pass out. I had a medical alert device on my husband when he was alive and we used the device a lot for him since he had a stroke and he fell a lot. I decided once he was gone that I'm gonna be covered as well. I hang the medical alert around my neck and go. My interactions with their team whenever I call are great. I'm satisfied with this one and I won't be shopping for any other ones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the hospital in rehab from October 30th until the day before Christmas so I thought it was time I got something to monitor me. Also, my family wanted me to so I got a Lively medical alert device. Anytime it's going off, it's either because I forgot to recharge it or I've done it accidentally and their team has been understanding.

Question and Answers - Lively Mobile

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Profile