Lively

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 65 years old and I'm pretty healthy, but I have fallen at times in the past. It would be a problem since I live alone and so I used GreatCall Splash. I feel safer in general with it while I'm in my home. I also feel that it gives me a little bit more assurance if something happens I would be able to press the button. I use it when I go out and get the mail from the mailbox and I don’t wear it when I'm out with other people.

I've had some problems with the system at times and I get really irritated about how long it takes for me to call. I have the cord which has fall detection and a lanyard that came apart. It gets and stays wet. I tried to be very gentle with it, but the cord came out of the clasp a lot. It falls apart sometimes after a month. Then I have to wait 30 minutes to tell them about it. The guy told me to shut off the phone and I wasn’t thinking that I was talking to him. I hit the call button so he called in, then I canceled the call and turned off the phone thinking that it was fine because the guy told me to do so. Then they called my sister in Illinois to ask how I am and then they gave her a phone number to call back, and it was their line that takes 30 minutes and she was panicking the whole time, something was wrong.

They canceled my fall detection until the lanyard came in the mail. One time they sent me the wrong one and they had to send another. Then it takes a week to get it because usually it’ll happen on Friday and I’d get another one in the mail on Tuesday of the next week, so it irritated me that that the fall detection gets cut off every time. I have to call back to get it enabled and I'm on the phone for another 30 minutes. When it came on, I tried to cancel it, and I still got somebody calling. But I left it for a few seconds because I should talk to them so they don’t screw up about me canceling this. I was told I should cancel it, but I let them come on because I wanted to make sure I talk to somebody so they won’t panic my sister in Illinois about it.

Then the phone has been acting a little strange in the last few days. I was lying down watching TV and I just moved the bed and all of a sudden it said that it’s connecting to GreatCall, the fall detection enabled out of nowhere. I didn’t know it had shut off or it came back on so I've been a little worried about it, it isn't working right.

Also, they should also have something on a device that’s supposed to be able to take in the shower and a cord that is waterproofed. Also, the battery on the fall detection is ridiculous. Sometimes it goes off if I sit up early and stay up really late. It only goes for around 20 hours at a time. They need to get better batteries as it has been one reason where I'm considering of using a different service. I have had a number of irritating things with their customer service, the wait times on the line and the product. However, I'm keeping the service because it's relatively cheap and it gives me some peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 and work out on a garden. There were times that I have to go down the basement and right now, the driveway is very slippery, so I was worried about crawling. I could get up if everything was alright but no one would ever find me down the basement if something happened down there and I have a very big yard. Lively was recommended to me and I went and bought it. I put the device in a pocket of my coat in the winter and in the summer, I wear it on the carrier that they sent to me with the button on the back of my jeans. It's very comfortable to wear. If I pushed the button and held it, 911 would know that something was wrong and they would come and find me. It gives me confidence particularly to go outside.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in an isolated area and I'm alone much of the time so I got a medical alert device. I can reach it if I need to. I travel a lot but I know my Lively device is hooked up to cellular towers so I'm covered no matter where I go. Lively is the best out there because it's not like other alert systems wherein one has to be home. So far, it's been excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen a few times and broke my hip so I got GreatCall Lively and it gives peace of mind to my daughter and some of my friends more than it does to me. I'm not afraid, but they're afraid for me to stay at the house by myself. I wear my medical alert device all the time but I take it off at night. It fits the purpose. It's been very satisfactory to me and I'm happy with Lively.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's a comfort to know that I have Lively and that I can use it if I need it. I live alone and one day I was tending a room that I couldn’t get out of. The lock on the door broke and I wished I would have taken my alarm with me. It certainly would have been handy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm happy with Lively. I feel more secure having it and it’s something that’s handy to have. I get more relaxed and don’t worry about falling over dead in my house and nobody finding me. I have fallen different times before so I need it. When I go out by myself, I have it on and if something might happen, I have something I can use to call for help. I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Lively medical alert device that I got because I had two knee replacements is convenient and comfortable to wear. Though I haven't had to use it, it would be easy if I need to. I would recommend Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don’t walk too well so I have to use a wheelchair and my family was afraid that when I went out to get the mail at the mailbox I would fall and then I would be outside and couldn’t get to a phone. Thus, I needed a medical device. I feel that Lively is something a person needs because I'm living by myself and I have a couple of steps I have to go up and down to get the paper. I feel more secure with it and happen to have a little phone stuck in a pocket somewhere.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear GreatCall Lively around my neck and the only time I take it off is when I put it on the charger at night. I'm 81 years old and I'm falling a lot so I got a medical alert device. I'm very satisfied with it and I feel more confident having it especially if I fall and can't get up, or if I'm outside and fall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a stroke so I got Lively and now I can take the shower with confidence. I wear the medical alert device around my neck and wear it wherever I go. Their team was great and in the one time I needed them, I called and they stayed on the call with me until the first responder showed up. Overall, Lively is very responsive and easy to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have very brittle bones and had a spontaneous hip fracture. And I could have one anywhere, anytime so I got GreatCall Lively and wear it 24/7. I have to have the fall alert and my device does work. I got down on my hands and knees the other day to pull something out from under the desk and the device was hanging down from my neck. It touched the rug and went off, and there was somebody on the phone immediately.

I like it very much but I don't like the model that I bought. It is convenient to use but it's not comfortable. It's a really big one and it's heavy. It would be nice to have a lighter one. I've seen online that there are new models which are smaller and I'm interested in looking into that, but I want the same functionality because it's great. I only charge it and put it on for ten minutes when I'm watching the evening news and that's it. It's a very good product for the price that I paid for it. I've recommended it to several people and they have bought it. I wish I had gotten it before.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was alone and my son was very concerned so I got a medical alert device which primarily I ignore unless I need it and that is what I wanted. I didn't want something that was invasive or people calling me and bothering me about it and up to today, that has been working pretty well with Lively. However, the device is very heavy. They need to make it smaller. Also, they need to fix their phone problem because people with medical alert devices need to be dealt with in a much better way. My device malfunctioned and apparently it wasn't working right from the beginning. It obviously was a malfunctioning device because it would wake me up in the middle of the night saying, "This is GreatCall," and scare the wits out of me which shouldn't be done to a heart patient. I called Lively and was on hold for four hours. They do not have enough staff to answer the phone.

They sent the device back and said it was under warranty but they charged me for the replacement so I'm not very happy. Also, when I was told what the bill was, it wasn't right and they said they would fix it but they still haven't. I'm going to have to spend another four hours on the phone to get them to remove a charge that shouldn't be there in the first place. They are a much better service than my previous one, but I can't get help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and got the Lively device for security. It was my family that was concerned about it. My device accidentally got punched when it was in my purse and I got a difficult time hearing their reps but other than that I've had no issues with them. I occasionally wear the device around my neck but it bothers me because it moves around so it's either in my purse or sitting next to wherever I'm sitting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fall quite often and my sons are at work so they settled that I needed to be able to get help when I need it. I feel safe with my GreatCall medical alert device and I wear it everyday. It's a little large and I have a fall detection on it so it makes it extra thick. One time my son and I were doing something with it then it got bumped on and they answered right away. We didn't mean to push the button but somehow he was here with me and they were right there in the call. I'm glad to have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had heart surgery and I have a bad back, so Lively's device is gonna be useful to me because I would never know if I'm gonna fall. When I was setting it up the team was helpful and there wasn't any problem. I have recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in an accident so my kids were bugging me to get a medical alert device and I needed something in case I go out although I don't go out at night anymore. I used to have a medical alert through the state. I have GreatCall now and it's the same because I really haven't used it. I beeped it one time by mistake and boom, they were there right away. They were buzzing and I didn't know what the heck they're buzzing. I wasn't used to hearing it and I've never heard it before so I went around the house trying to figure out what it was. I finally figured it out because they called. I like it and it's fine so far. I've got it on a lanyard necklace but it's heavy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband heard about Lively through the senior center that we belong to and we heard good things about it. I got the necklace version and used it once to see how to do it and the team responded right away. They did what they were supposed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the necklace from GreatCall Lively, and it works for me. However, I wish I didn't have the big black thing hanging on my neck. While I haven’t had to use the device since I had it, I've accidentally mashed it one time, and Lively's team responded right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't had any problems with it. I just put it in my bra and when I remember to put it on, it works fine. One time, I accidentally pressed it and the Lively team came through the device right away. They answered and asked what the problem was so I told them that it was just an accident that I touched it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We haven't had the need to use the GreatCall Lively but we have it on all the time and it's for my wife's benefit since she has trouble getting around. She has the necklace type and we're sure we're going to continue using it for a long time. I would also recommend GreatCall to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The GreatcalI Lively is my first medical alert device and I've had it close to a year now. The necklace is easy enough to wear but I usually don't wear it out of the house. Anytime I've called, I've had a good experience. I only had a bad experience with the device because it wasn't charging, but it was replaced and it's fine now. I would recommend the Lively device to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my GreatCall Lively for almost a year, with my daughter paying for it every month. I've got the necklace and the bracelet, but I was annoyed with the bracelet. So I switched to the necklace, which I liked better, and everybody notices that I wear it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son gave me a Lively necklace and it’s very easy to wear. It helped me when I had my heart attack. I'm home alone and my husband is in a nursing home. I woke up with pains in my chest. My fingers and my hands were numb. I pressed the button and the ambulance came and took me to the hospital. The response time was very quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Eugene has never had to use the Greatcall Lively device other than our test time on it, where the response of the Lively team was good. He wears the necklace but he doesn't like it hanging around his neck, and he would like the bracelet even less. But overall, we like the Lively and have recommended it to a couple of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister at the pastoral church has told me about GreatCall and I've been using my medical alert device for a little over a year. I have the necklace type and having the device gives me more freedom to go out. Overall, the experience with it has been great so I keep it with me. I would also recommend it to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 80 years old and I'm in moderately good health, but my wife passed away about three years ago and there's always a chance of falling. I have a townhouse where I got electric chairs to go upstairs with, but I like the idea that I was good at any place that I went to and not just here in the house. Since I live alone, I want to stay independent as long as I can. I had been seeing Lively before I purchased it, and what impressed me was the idea that it was good at any place that I went and not just here in the home. I have a cell phone and a lot of times, I leave it in the console of the car when I'm driving because I can't reach it in my pocket. Then sometimes when I go in to do the grocery shopping or go into a store, I'll forget to put it in my pocket. With Lively, I have something that is with me all the time. I use a lanyard on my neck and nobody knows I even have it.

My wife's family is in California and I go out every year to see them. As a check, after I got off the plane in San Francisco and drove to Santa Cruz, I pushed the button on the Lively device and asked them if they knew where I was. They gave me the address immediately of where I was in California, and that was impressive to me. I don't use it very often but I once every two months I'll push the button and talk to the people and tell them it's not an emergency to be sure everything is okay. It makes me confident that the light's still flashing on it. Going across the country, I was curious the first time to see whether it would do what the rep said it would do and it did. The last gentleman I talked to here a few weeks ago said, "Feel free to call even when you need to talk to somebody for a minute." My kids know I have it, and I like the feeling that they'll be contacted if I have an emergency. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in my position.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 95, live alone and my son wanted me to have a medical alert device. I like to have my Lively alert device on. When I go out, I put it in my purse, and then when I get home sometimes, it'll be half a day before I realize that I don't have it on. I'm very careful to wear it. I feel comfortable having the alert. Before I got Lively's medical alert service, I had the one from LifeStation. But Lively's service goes further. It goes anywhere, rather than just in my home. Moreover, the Lively people are so good about answering quickly, and I've been very impressed with that. With LifeStation, it took them very long to respond.

The other night, I was watching the World Series. I was eating an apple and some peanuts, and a little piece of apple got stuck in my throat and I couldn't swallow it. I was distressed and worried. I felt like I was choking. So, I drank a little water, but that seemed to exacerbate the whole situation, and I got a little nervous. So, I pushed the alert button, and the Lively guy was on the line. He asked me several questions that I answered, then he said, "I'm having someone come and I'll stay with you," which was very nice. As we were waiting, I said, "Oh, I just swallowed it. It's gone down. I'm okay." But he said that they had already called the rescue people. They came over and I said, "I'm okay now." We talked a little bit and then they left.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively is there if I need them. I always have people around me in case I fall or get sick, but when I'm on the road, by myself, or with the dog, I feel safer with my device. I travel 600 miles by myself just to see my daughter, and I travel more safely because all I do is press a button and I'll have help in any occurrence. However, I've got a damaged nerve in my neck and I don't like too much weight around it, so I've been putting the device in my pants' pocket, attaching it to the belt or to a chain on my belt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because of my heart, I needed to get a medical alert device. I now have Lively and I'm fine with it. I wear it around my neck when I'm at home but when I'm out and about I don't, because I usually have somebody with me.

Question and Answers - Lively

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Company Profile