toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself and I’m 87 and if I fall down, I need some kind of help. I got a medical alert device from Lively Mobile. I’ve seen other ones but it seemed like the Lively device fit me just about right. Most of the time, I take my device with me. The people from Lively called me once and said, “Did you fall?” But I hadn’t done hardly anything. It’s just flopping against my chest a little hard. And I said, “No. But thank you for calling.” One time, I set it down in the charger a little too hard, and the person from Lively said, “Did you fall?” and I said, “No.” It didn’t take them long to call me right back. The only time I’ve had any kind of problem with it was when the red light stayed on for a long time. And I called in about that and they said it needs to be charged more. Everything else works out fine and I recommended it to a lot of people.

Resolution In Progress

Lively Mobile

Carolyn, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your GreatCall device and appreciate your feedback. If it is the weight that is an issue, our newest model, the Lively Mobile is 1.41oz, only slightly lighter than your device, which is 1.8oz. It is not required for you to wear your device around your neck, you can carry it in your pocket or any way that is comfortable for you. Please call our Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday, for suggestions or upgrade options.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I needed a medical alert device due to my age and because I was living alone. I don't want to fall and nobody's present. Lively Mobile's team set up the device when I got it. However, I don't use it because it's too big. I noticed that Lively has come out with a smaller one, but I called and they wouldn't exchange it. I have to pay to get the smaller one. I wish they could make some sort of exchange when they would come out with something new and better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a medical alert device because I had a heart operation. I got two new valves and a pacemaker, and I'm gonna be 88 next month. With Lively Mobile, I feel that I would get help if I needed it. I appreciated having it and I felt safer. I check the device every so often and Lively's team has been helpful. They answer right away and they always say, "Is this an emergency or just checking?"

However, I didn't like the device hanging around my neck, especially in summer, so I would put it in my pocket instead. Also, I wear more open stuff in the summer and I don't like that the black cord was always showing. It would also be helpful that if something happens at night and all my doors are shut, some of the alerts give a lock box to put on the outside to put a key in.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have one of the original devices from GreatCall, which I upgraded two years ago. It’s blue and it's waterproof but it’s not the Lively. The Lively one’s brand new. I’ve had my device for about six years and I’ve only used it one time when I fell in my kitchen and I busted my tailbone. It hurt and I couldn’t get up but the people from Lively were there very fast. Also, the people on the phone are great and everything was done in like 15 minutes. My device makes me feel safer because I live alone and I’m 10 miles from my kids. And, I’m a klutz so I feel better with it. Unfortunately, I’m unemployed and I’m gonna have to cancel my service. So, I will be calling them to cancel in the near future but not right at this particular moment. I recommend it to everybody I know that lives alone. Everybody can slip and fall in the shower and all kinds of things. So, even young people that live alone should have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom wants to live by herself so we wanted to get the Lively Mobile device set up in case she were to fall. It was a little complicated getting it set up but it gave us some relief knowing that she has it. She still doesn't wear it in the shower and at night so we still have a problem if she has to get up, but she does wear it during the day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm using the Lively Mobile for security and not as a medical device. I’m in a rough neighborhood and I leave for work in the wee hours. And when there’s activity that’s unfamiliar going on, like in the parking lot or in the building near me, I often use it to get to my car peacefully. I have an escort with me that can call 911 if anything happened.

College women should have Lively Mobile. It’s an awesome thing for security reasons. It should be more widespread because there’s so much insecurity around that it gives peace of mind. I’ve gone hiking by myself with it on and I felt safe. The reps have always been responsive and it's so reassuring to have someone with me when I’m walking by myself. I've recommended Lively Mobile to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am getting old, I fell a couple of times and was afraid I might fall and my GreatCall Lively gives me a great sense of security. I usually keep it in my pocket but it's comfortable and easy to wear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom had a stroke last year so we got her a medical alert device. I looked up a couple of other ones but I like the price and the ease of the equipment of Lively Mobile. The reps were awesome and very polite. My mom wears it all the time just like she would wear a regular necklace. It makes her feel safe and secure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 88 and my daughter was concerned that I might fall or anything could happen. So, I got a Medical Alert device from GreatCall. I have no problem wearing it. One time I thought I left it on the bed and the company called me and I wasn’t home. So, they called my daughter, Valerie, trying to get in touch with me. They didn’t all know where I went. I was just a couple of blocks over. So, when she finally caught up with me she said, that the police is going to be over here knocking my door down. She asked where my alert device was, and I said that I left it on the bed. I went looking, but I couldn’t find it.

An hour later I took my clothes off the washing machine and I found my alert device looking straight up at me. It’s been through all the wash cycles. I reported that I had found it, because the lady kept telling me it was in the house and I said, “Well, I’m everywhere looking and I couldn’t find it.” I asked them whether it’s any good because it was in the washing machine, and she said yes. So, if it gets dirty you can wash it. It lasted until two days ago. Now, I need some repair done, because the string came out of the magnet and it’s no good. So, I’ve been without it for a few days. I tried to push it up in the magnet and it stays for a little while. But after a while, it falls out and I didn’t want it to drop and break.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since I'm older and I live alone, my children wanted a medical alert device for me so we got Lively Mobile. I haven’t used it though since I haven’t had a need to. I hope it would be a little less expensive because I’m paying $23.95 over a number of years and I’ve never used it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children decided to get me this medical alert device. It's my first one and I feel comfortable with it. When I accidentally pushed the button, they were able to respond promptly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm aged, and I might fall or be out some place and need help. So I got Lively Mobile, and I feel more secure having it around my neck. It’s comfortable, and I really like it. It’s also cheaper than other medical alert devices at only $20 a month plus taxes. Right when I got it, our phones and our TV were all out and I wanted to communicate with my son and daughter-in-law to let them know I was okay. So, I used the device, and they called my son and daughter-in-law to let them know I’m all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had a stroke. She's in assisted living temporarily and so, I'm living alone and I'm also her caregiver. So, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to have something. I had a heart attack about a year and a half ago as well. I had looked at Consumer Reports and there are a lot of devices. But Lively Mobile is one of the few that doesn't require a long-term contract. The no-contract was one of the biggest reasons I chose it and I like the low cost 'cause I just wanted a basic service. It also charges my credit card automatically month-to-month.

I also wanted something that would work when I left the home and some of them require you to be within range of a base station. And we have a large house. And if the base station was in one room and I was at the other end of the house, I'd never be able to talk loud enough to be heard at the base station. And I wanted one that would work when I left the home. So, I like that this works to a cell network.

So I've been planning to get Lively Mobile for quite a while and I saw their ad in the AARP magazine that it was available at Wal-Mart. So, I went to Walmart but it wasn't in yet. So, I called the phone number and they sent it out. It wasn't clear that I would get all the little perks that I was supposed to get through Walmart. But the rep agreed I would get one month free service and a free case. And I got all of that a little less than a week later. But it was disappointing in a way that I later found that Price Electronics had it in-stock and it had all the perks, that I could have picked it up that same night 'cause I'm in Price all the time. So, it's a little misleading implying that all these perks were just through Walmart.

I got it last September but I'm a night owl and I was trying to set it up at 3:00 in the morning and it wouldn't set up. The first time I made a test call, I got a recording that said, "Your call is important to us but all our operators are busy." That didn't sit too well but they came on the line within 10 seconds so I was happy. It worked okay in the end and I realized that a lot of times, websites are doing maintenance in the early hours of the morning and that's when I was trying to set it up. I'm not happy about it but I've come to expect it. So, in the beginning, it was a little rough. But once I got it set up, it's been fine.

It gives me a feeling of confidence. I always have my cell phone with me. But it would be better to be able to just push a button if anything gets urgent. I use the little pouch clipped on to my belt because I don't want it hanging around my neck. At night, I have the charger right next to the bed and every night when I go to bed, I drop it in to recharge. And it's within arm's reach of the bed. So, if I need it in the night, I could grab it if I had to. And then, I put it on first thing in the morning. Or if I get up during the night, I drop it in my pajama pocket and carry it with me. So, I always have it with me. The only time it doesn't work is where I go to a gym to work out and it's in the basement of the building. And there's no service there. But that's okay. There are people around there.

And even though it's water-proof, I did set up a little water-proof pouch in the shower. And when I get in the shower, I put it in the pouch and hang it down near the floor. So, if I were to slip in the shower, it would be within arms reach. Not that I expect to have that ever happen but I'm an engineer and I like to figure out the safe way to do things. I'm very happy with the device. I have mentioned it to other people that have asked about it. One of my doctors noticed the little white light flashing and asked what that was. So, I gave him a sales pitch on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son was here looking through different ads and Lively Mobile was in a magazine. My son was concerned about a lot of things with me. Also, it was discovered that I had an irregular heartbeat and a few things like that, so my son decided I needed Lively Mobile and he did the thinking and research for me. I had the 5Star and I ruined two of them by getting them a little bit wet and I was sorry about that. Then I either wanted to wear it or I got scared to wear it because I thought I'd ruin it again. But this last one that I got is water-proof, so I appreciate that.

I've had it for three years and just lately, I used it for the first time. I tripped at about 6:30 in the evening. I have two replaced knees and I can't use them to get up, so, I had to sit there until the ER came. I pressed the button and someone came on to speak with me. They were very kind and they were very good at getting hold of my two nieces who live on the street, different homes, and my neighbor could see that it was a button. The ER came almost as soon as anybody. I live in a township and its volunteers were excellent. It was wonderful.

This is what's puzzling. The directions say to put it on the cradle at night. I got to thinking after I had my little fall. I didn't like not having it at night because what if you can't reach the telephone? So, I just take it about every three days and put it on the cradle, either I'm home and I don't plan to do much of anything, or if somebody's here, or if I'm going away. I don't know for sure whether an hour and half or two of putting it on every night was very safe either. But I'm grateful that I have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One day, I got stuck after falling beside my bed and couldn't use my hands or arms. So, I called my son's friend to come over and haul me up. I wasn't hurt, but I was put out with myself. So, my daughter got me Lively Mobile. I stick it in my bra and put the black thing around my neck when I get up in the morning. The only time I notice it is when it falls out and I realize it’s swaying on my belly. So, I’d have to pull it back up and start all over again, but that’s not a big deal. It’s fine for everyday use, but if I really wanted to get really dressed up, I probably wouldn’t wear it. I’m careful and go slow with everything I do and I very rarely fall, but it's nice to know I have it. I've been pleased with it and it's a nice security blanket that’s well worth whatever my daughter is paying.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband passed away and I live by myself now and I felt, just as a precaution, I should have a medical device. I checked out some of the other providers and a friend of mine at church has a Lively Mobile. It seemed like a really nice unit and she said she bought it at Walmart. So, I went over there and purchased one. It was easy to set up. I just went to the computer, logged in, and put whatever information they needed, and charged the batteries and that's it.

I've only had the device for three months. I keep it with me all day long. I get up in the morning and I put it in my pocket. You can do just about anything with it, hang it, clip it or put it in your pocket. And then, I put it on the charger as I'm going to bed. And it's a very handy alert button to carry. It's small enough that it doesn't stand out as something you're carrying in your pocket. I haven't had any problems with it and it works beautifully.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I was afraid of falling. As a precaution, I decided to get a medical alert device. I've got it in my pocket all the time. Sometimes, I put it on my neck but it gets in the way. I really depend on it. When I had a problem, it worked out really well. I became very dizzy and I called in and spoke with their rep. She took care of everything. She called my daughter and the ambulance. She was exceptional and the paramedics were here very quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a hip replacement in 2013 and a year ago, I was out in the yard and my hip fell out. Fortunately, I had my phone in my pocket because it started to rain before the ambulance got here. That was not a good experience so that led me to Lively Mobile. Frequently, I would take my cellphone out of my pocket to look up a number, add something to a list, and I would get somewhere and I didn't have the phone with me. With the GreatCall, when I get dressed in the morning, it goes in my pocket. I'm very handicapped now which is why I got it and I’ve recommended it to a number of people.

I feel a lot more secure having it and my family does, too. I live alone and I'm out and about a lot. I can't do a lot of things but I spend a fair amount of time in my yard. And when you don't have any way of reaching somebody, and you live out in the country, it's reassuring to have someone that you can call. I'm happy that I haven't had to use it. But I should test it several places where I don't get cellphone service because cellphone is real iffy where I am.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell one early morning and I had to call my son to come and help me get up. So then, I got Lively Mobile and it was my first medical alert device. I feel a little more secure knowing that I have it. It is comfortable to wear as well. It has a cord, I put it over my head, and it hangs around under my chest. All in all, I'm very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had one too many falls and having GreatCall Lively made me feel comfortable that if ever I do fall and can't do anything, the device can alert. I’ve pushed it several times by accident. Usually that happens when I’m trying to do something like bending over to reach a bottle, then it sets off. I'd recommend it because of their services and that's it's reliable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody told me about Lively Mobile and told me they got it at Walmart. I went to Walmart and looked at it. Then I read and heard about what it covered and what it did. I travel a lot and it covered the whole United States, not just my house. I had the fall device on it so that if I fell and it was on my neck then they would know where I was at. I live out in the country by myself and there’s no one else here. It doesn’t work in the pocket though. I need to keep it exposed and that’s kind of hard sometimes, particularly with a flashing light on it.

My experience with Lively Mobile has been okay, but my thing is not working right now. Where it’s white in the middle, it’s keeps coming out red, flashing. It’s been on the charger all night and it’s still doing the same thing. That could be because we’ve had a week of rain and terrible storms. But when I go outside I can't see a red light. But it’s well charged because the green light shows that it’s charged. This is the first time I’ve had any problem with it and I’ve been quite happy. I’d recommended it to many people and three or four had bought it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 96 years old, living alone, and I wanted to be able to get someone to the house in case of emergency. I am basically very healthy, but you never know when something will happen where I will need somebody. Should the occasion arise, the medical device is there. After getting the device, I had a fall, but I did not need to get help, call 911, or go to the hospital, and I was able to handle this situation in the house. But I called Lively anyway to be sure that the device was working.

This incident happened at 3 AM. I pushed the help button and I immediately got a call from the Lively team, so I knew that they were available. They answered within 30 seconds, and that made me feel very secure. I told them that I was just testing the device. I bring it with me all the time. I've been very happy with the service because I can be in touch with 911 without any problem. I live in an area of the city where the residents are all retirees and we have ambulances up and down the street on a regular basis, so I always feel secure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My kids said that I needed this device because they didn't want me to fall and be by myself. I live alone and I have fallen a couple of times before I had it. They were concerned about that. I had one that didn't work and can only be used from my house to the mailbox. They wanted something that would go further and take me wherever I go. That was one of the reasons for the GreatCall cause it has the GPS system to it. The only thing is that if I had a longer necklace and if it wasn't black. It doesn't bother me but I've heard comments and that's just something Lively Mobile should think about.

I was just at a party today and people saw the device with me and they thought of having one too. I told them my son got it for me and I think it was from AARP. I have used it once, but not for myself. I used it for a friend of mine. We were taking her home and she fell. She was in her 90s. Since I cant seem to get 911 because it was dark, I thought this is to see if my Life Alert works. It did work and they helped me. It was wonderful. They did a great job. I talked to them on the phone. I didn't know the exact address of where we were so the man on the phone said he would stay with me until we get helped. He stayed when the police arrived and when the first responders came until the ambulance came then left. I thank them very much for doing that. My friend wasn't hurt seriously, but that's beside the point. We were there to help her and took her to the hospital until she was sent home.

I wear the device on me all the time. I don't put it in my pocket too much because I'm afraid I might hit the button when I don't need it. It works well. I have no problems with any of it except the fact that I have to take it off at night and put it on the stand beside my bed to charge. The other one I had, I wore all the time even at night and stuff. Once in a while, Lively gets turned off and I have to go on the backside. A lady walks me through it anyway. I have to hold it down for a few seconds and then let it up, do it again and it comes on. Other than that, the whole experience was really great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

About two years ago, I was in Arizona and I fell out there and then I was up and about. I drove home myself and when I got home, I could barely walk. So, I've had therapy and epidurals and I'm getting around much better. I'd used a cane a lot of times I go out but I can walk any distance. I'm doing better but that doesn't mean I won't fall again. So, that's why my daughter got Lively Mobile for me. She's in Memphis, Tennessee so, she's a day's drive from me. But, I don't use it. I just like to keep my independence as long as I can. I wear it once in a while when I mow. It's a good idea but it's just my attitude about it. It's by my bed at night so I do have it close. Overall, I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children who live away in different states were concerned about me so they got me a Lively Mobile. I wear it around my neck and it's comfortable. In fact, I don't even realize it's there. And the big thing is some of my friends who have had to use it in different situations have good things to say and I think, "Wow, that's wonderful. I hadn't even thought of using it in that way." This is my first experience of anything like this and so far, it's been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm already old. I have not had any fall but since I live alone, this is the concern. So, I needed a medical alert device and my son chose the Lively Mobile. It's around my neck every day, from the time I get up until I go to bed. At night, I put it on the charger. I'm happy I have it, in case I need it. I would also recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my sisters told me about Lively Mobile. Also, the doctor came up with some story that they told me and wanted me to get one. That's why I got it. I've never had to use it, but I keep it with me all the time except when I go to bed and I put it off. I wear it around my neck and it is comfortable to wear. I'm satisfied with it and I would recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Lively Mobile two years ago because of my age. I'm 92 now. I wear it around my neck. It's about two inches long and an inch and a half wide. However, it is heavy and it bothers my neck if I wear it too long. If I got a bra on, I stick it in and that relieve some of the weight. I called them once just to see if the device was working okay and they responded quickly. Also, one time I accidentally sat on it and they came right on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a hip replacement and my husband is gone part of the day. I didn't feel comfortable being home without anybody to call so I got a medical alert. Lively Mobile seemed the better one among the various ones I read about. I was wearing it daily, but now I'm a little bit more mobile so I wear it if my husband is not in the house. I wear it around my neck because they said that was the way they would know if I fell and I found out that works because I actually dropped it on the floor and it went off so now I know what it's doing. I pushed the button before and it says if it's an actual fall then I can push the button. I also checked into the wrist one and they said that that would not detect the fall and it makes sense that unless it actually would hit something then it wouldn't tell I fell. Overall, I continue to use it and I know that it works and there is a response.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have problems walking so I decided to get a medical alert device. And now I have Lively Mobile and I feel safe with it. I would like to wear it around my neck but the thing that they sent is too long so I just put it in my pocket. I accidentally pushed the button once, and they responded promptly. I would suggest for people to get one.

Question and Answers - Lively Mobile

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Profile