Lively

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister had the Lively alarm system that her doctors had recommended for her, and she told me that this is the best medical alert service to have, so that's how I got it. I've had it for at least two months now. I wear the alert device on a necklace. I always wear it with me when I'd go places. I wear it, even in the shower, because I am alone. Everything was so smooth with the Lively staff and I've not had any trouble at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a GreatCall Lively necklace for 2 months now. It's convenient and easy to wear. It came apart when it dropped and hit the floor and I got called right away. I now have few worries and I'm more careful knowing it's on there. It's very helpful and I already recommended it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Lively device is convenient and easy to wear. I have the clip on my belt and I'm very comfortable with it. All I do with it is check it once a month with the GreatCall team. They are helpful and they respond fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm going on three years with my device from Great Call Lively. I have the one around my neck. I don't find it comfortable, though, so I got a holster and carry it on my belt. One time, I accidentally pushed my device by mistake and the Lively team was really gracious. They were great and that proved that Lively is working.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a big alert device before that was in the corner. It was very annoying because it was loud. That's when I changed over to Lively and I've been with them for over a year now. I'm in my 90's and I pay for the help button that I wear around my neck, so that if I fall in the shower, the Lively team will know it. I can wear it in the shower since it's waterproof. I also wear it when I'm out in my garden or in the backyard, so that if I fall and can't call myself, the Lively staff will pick it up. A lot of times, I also call the Lively staff to check if my batteries are charged.

Lively is all right, but the only thing is that it costs a lot. At first, my payment for the service started at about $20 and some change every month, and I now pay around $40. I've mentioned the Lively alert service to my friends and they all say that it costs too much money. But I try to tell them that your life isn't worth much if you die in the yard. They all have the smartphone and claim that if they fall, they would use that. But I don't know if it's waterproof or not. The way I look at it, everybody knows what they can afford and what's important for them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have medical conditions that can cause me to pass out. My wife was my medical service before but she passed away. I'm by myself now so I purchased a Lively medical alert. I know that I have something that will either recognize if I fall or I could push the button for help. The only problem I have right now which I haven't called them on that yet is the length that the battery lasts. I put the battery on at 6:00 in the morning and by 5:00 in the afternoon it's alarming that the battery is low. So, it's lasting less than 12 hours. Other than that, I've been pleased with it. It does what it's designed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The bracelet is not available, so I have the necklace. But I want the bracelet. They told me when the bracelet became available, I would get that, but I haven't. They said they put a note that it was part of my negotiation because I would rather have the bracelet. And they said, "Well, it doesn't work." So they're redesigning it. And then they told me, "When we got them, we'll send you one." I called about three weeks ago, and they said that they were gonna be rolling out that bracelet really soon. But I still haven't received it. I don't wear the necklace that much, except if I'm gonna watch the mailbox. Otherwise, I pretty much just carry it around.

The GreatCall staff pretty much lied to me. They told me I was gonna get the first month free but I did not. And then I paid 50 bucks for my Lively, and I've seen now that they have been running 25% off discount on it. I didn't like the idea that you pretty much had to have a landline. I didn't want to be tied to that. And I do like the coverage, because that light blinks. I might not have a cellphone coverage, but I got coverage on that little sucker. So that's very good, except that the center light is so bright. You're just like a stop sign walking around with that light and it shows even through your clothes. They should make that smaller or a feature that you could turn that light off. To have little, tiny red button or light that says it's still working. That's why I don't wear it. It's just like a beacon shining.

Also the battery life on a charge won't even get me through the night. It's like 6 hours, and I got to recharge it again. And when I first got it, if I've paid attention, I could go 12 hours without having to charge it. But everyday since, it's gotten a little bit less and less. And now, I am down till it won't even keep me through the night. I take it to bed with me and put it under the pillow on the other side because that light blinking all night would drive you crazy. And then when it needs to charge, it makes that noise. I look at the clock, and it's like four o'clock in the morning. And I've had it several times now, because I am not an early riser. So I make sure before I go upstairs to bed, that is fully-charged. At least it gets me through the majority of the night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just have Lively for two months and I have the one that goes around my neck. I have put a silver necklace on it and made sure it's very short. It works very good! I called them once to see if it works, and it works fine and I'm satisfied with their response time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a GreatCall Lively for a year and a half and I got the one that's worn around the neck, which is comfortable. I've seen the new smaller model and I'm interested on that. As for the staff of GreatCall Lively, I’ve had a couple of interactions with them and they were there and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have balance problems and I have fallen several times. I used another medical alert device before but that didn't work out. The device went off when I was not even at home and they couldn't get anybody here so they called the fire department and busted the door in. So, we quit them and got Lively. Their customer service reps were very nice and helpful. I haven't had to use them yet but it's good to know that it's there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had hip and knee surgery and I'm very usually off-balance and I fall, especially when I'm outside working in the yard. My husband was going to work in another state and he wanted me to have something available so if something happens I could call somebody. I got GreatCall Lively because it looked good in any state and not just around the house. I know that I can get a hold of somebody if I need to. I keep it in my pocket when I'm outside and there's nobody else home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen several times that’s why I got Splash. I put it on if I go anywhere and when I’m by myself. I called their customer service team one time to see if I could go through the security with it on when I had to make a plane trip which they said yes. Overall, I feel safer when I have it on. I don’t worry that I’m going to fall and that somebody may not be able to find me and help me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I get disoriented sometimes and I had double knee replacements so there's a risk of me falling. I was alone most of the day so it made sense to have a medical alert device. When I originally took it out, it was supposed to be one price and then they talked me into getting something a little more expensive. So right away, I should have seen the writing on the wall. The first device that I got didn't work so I had to wait and get another one. They wanted to give me a free month which I never got. I cancelled it in February and they didn't cancel it so I've been paying all along. Everything is so small on the statement of my checking account and I have problems with my vision. I'm looking at my checking account statements a few weeks ago and found out GreatCall was still taking it out so another eight months of paying when I cancelled. I went ballistic.

I called them and said I would like my money back from February. I said the gentleman never cancelled my GreatCall and they said, "We can't give you any money back because it was your fault for not catching it". So I said, "You're pretty much implying that I'm stupid or a dingbat." "Oh no!", they said. "Well, that is what I feel that you are implying" and I said, "I don't like that. I'm going to be 70 years old in another couple of weeks and you've taken advantage of me". So I said, "I want a number, you cancel this contract". And I said, "How do I know that you won't be taking more money out of my checking account?", "You have my word for it". I said, "Your word doesn't mean diddly crap to me". Then I have to call my bank and I have to get a new ATM card because they were taking it out of my saving account which I hadn't authorized.

So, I have a mixed reaction with GreatCall. If I had needed it, it was there. I'm from the older adults that when you say something, you're going to do it. I take people as they were and unfortunately that got me into trouble. Do what you say and don't screw with senior citizens. I'm very angry at them and when I see Mr. Walsh on TV advertising it I'm saying, "Oh he doesn't really know!" Either they're going to send me my eight months of $28.71 or I will have to pursue it. I could also go on all of our TV channels, ask certain reporters and they go out and investigate to see if it happened to anybody else. All I want is my money back from February and I had it for the year previous to that. I'm very dissatisfied because of the people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used GreatCall Splash once. The ambulance came immediately and I talked to them on the phone. They were great and nice. It worked out fine. I've already recommended them and my dentist might get one for her mother. It's excellent and comforting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone in an apartment with steps and my kids said that I should have a medical alert device. My kids then picked Daily Care Lifeline. However, I had to be within voice of the receiver in the house. It wasn't good beyond the house. But when Lively came out, my cousin got one and then my kids said that Lively sounded like a better deal for me because I'm always out and about, so we switched to that one. I called their customer service during installation and they set everything up for me over the phone. Then when I set the thing off accidentally, their people have been very friendly. They've answered any questions I've had. Yesterday, it went off twice within about five minutes. The first time, I hit the device accidentally when I was unloading boxes from my craft shelf so it went off. Then I laid it down, and all of a sudden someone called and said that they sensed the fall. But I didn't lay it down that hard.

However, I was told I'd only get 12 hours of battery life per charge but sometimes I'm not getting even 12. My cousin's device goes from when she gets up in the morning then she puts it on the charger at night. Mine doesn't last that long though I'm out and about more than she is. But when I wear it, people ask me many questions about the device. Some of they are interested in buying one and some are looking for their elderly relatives. It's an attention-getter. I like the Lively device because it's available wherever I am. It's for the peace of mind of my kids who are all farther away. It's also much more convenient than the other one was. And my cousin also has been very happy with the one she got. I've already referred it to a few of these people that have asked.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the Lively device that hangs on the neck which I can't wear because it’s too heavy so I just carry it. When I'm driving the car or when I go to bed at night, I feel better having it there. It's inexpensive and I looked into others but at this stage in my life, I wasn't going for that kind of money. However, I would have preferred if Splash had a watch or if they made it lighter or as a wristband. I spoke to their reps only at the very beginning but I couldn't hear them so they put me over to a tech and that tech was perfect. He knew what he was doing because all of a sudden I heard him. I test my device every now and then. Whenever I beeped in to test it, I hope to god I don't need it but they respond right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband has Alzheimer’s who has difficulty walking, and falls a lot. I needed something to get help so I use GreatCall Splash.I feel more confident that I’ll get help, and it relieves my anxiety or worry. They were very good both times I've had to use it, and I talked to a person. I find that it’s reliable and it’s exactly what I need so I’m comfortable with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm living all alone and I'm afraid of falling or getting sick, so I thought I need a medical alert. Since my two sisters-in-law have Lively, I talked to one of them about it and decided I could handle the price and so I got one. I know it’s not a total protection but it gives me a sense of comfort knowing that I have it, but I find myself, thinking “Oh boy. Will I remember I got it?” because I am getting more forgetful. I wear it around my neck inside my shirt or on the outside when I’m home. I have done a couple of test calls just to see if they were really there, and they were. I told them immediately that I was doing a test call and they assured me and told me where I was at, so that made me feel better. I also recommended it to somebody else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm old and use a walker, so I needed a medical alert device. A friend of mine had used Lively so I also got my device from them. The last time I called Lively, the team members there took care of everything, and I had somebody out here to help me within a short period of time. However, it is very annoying. I can't wear it around my neck. But other than that, I'd recommend Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm living alone in an apartment building and I go out with my dog. I had purchased Splash' medical alert device which gives me an extra protection. I had a different provider before but Splash is convenient that I can take it any place I want to. It also makes me feel a little better having it when I go out at night with the dog and stuff. A couple of times, I had called Splash and their people were very good and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father is almost 92 and he has a stiff leg and balance issues so we thought GreatCall Splash would be a good device for him to have. He was using Philips Lifeline before but it was strictly for the house and didn't extend out far enough, and he's not always at home. GreatCall has the GPS and some other abilities so we switched last June of last year. We've had the device for about a week when he had his first fall. We didn't have the fall activation at that time but he was able to push the button and get help.

I feel safer knowing where he is. It gives him a little confidence knowing that if he needs anything, he can either push the button or if he has a fall, he knows that someone will be contacted. The only problem is the batteries are not lasting long enough. I have talked to customer service on several occasions about it and they've been helpful, but we haven't found a real good solution yet. GreatCall is sending a new device out and we should get it someday next week. My father is getting about eight hours a day of battery life. I asked them to check with the technology guys to see if there's anything that can be done to extend the battery life other than disconnecting the fall detection portion.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself. I'm 80, but I'm in good health. However, there is a chance of me falling, and that's why my daughter made me get a medical alert system. Somebody told me that Lively was cheaper than some of the other providers, so I went with them. So far my device has been good. I keep it on myself all the time. I wear it around my neck and put it in the charger by the bed at night. When I punched the alert button once by mistake, I got a quick response.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I kept falling at no reason and I broke my shoulder and my wrist. My husband and I did some investigating in some friends that he's had then he went to GreatCall. Just the idea having this device was a relief to me. I wear it everyday for security reasons and I'm more relaxed with it. I would recommend this to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have very bad legs and have a heart problem, but I love outdoors. And since I'd be away from the phone, my daughter and son-in-law insisted that I get a Splash alert device. I get a little upset with it when it shows up around my neck because it looks out of place with some of my clothes and I get much lamer because of it, but I'm happy I have the device.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 89 and my legs have crippled up so I hop around with a cane and my two daughters got me a GreatCall device. I recently went hiking and I had it with me. I live alone now so it's handy and with me 24 hours a day. Thank God I haven’t had to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have an elder that I can't watch when I'm at work for about six to eight hours sometimes during the day. So we got the GreatCall Splash for her. I like the simplicity of it and it's great that I can link it to my phone, and all the information like phone numbers and data for the closest hospitals and medications are all in the system. I've arranged the phone so that if I'm not in town, I just have them go down the line of the contact, who it is and her relation to them.

I set it up by myself, followed the whole procedure and the first day I got it we did a test. We never had to use it yet but now I have the peace of mind that it will work. If she has any trouble, what I'd do is push the button and she knows that someone can hear her and talk to her. Depending upon her circumstances all she has to do is talk and I'll make a decision on who to call or what we need to do. She's 93 and she understands it. We have a lanyard and she walks with a walker so I have the device right on it and all she has to do is push the button. It's within her arm's reach at any time. She didn't like it around her neck which was a nuisance. Overall, I would recommend GreatCall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 82 years of age and I live alone. To know that should I fall and if I've got the device on at the time then I'm in pretty good shape. I bought it in January, but I never really tested it. And finally about a month ago, I pushed the button and I got an answer. And I told them I'm just checking to see if it works, and it works. I wear it around my neck, and hope I never have to use it. But they're there if I need them. I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have osteoporosis and a bad spine. I can't get up and down sometimes because I'm 94 years old. I've used GreatCall one time when I was hurting so bad. I called them and they took me to the hospital. They were very nice, courteous and they treated me real nice. I'm new down here in Georgia and I didn't like the hospitals. But GreatCall was great. They were very considerate, and I wouldn't hesitate to call them again if I really needed them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 81 years old and I live by myself. I have problems with my legs, so I have to use a walker or cane to get around. My daughter lives down the road from me, but she works too so I'm by myself quite a bit. I got myself a medical alert device from GreatCall. However, I have to keep putting it on charge. It doesn't seem to hold the charge good and seems to not last as long as I thought it would. But their reps were helpful and helped me get it on. I didn't have any problem with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Muscles and the balance on my legs are not very strong anymore. A while back, I have a series of falling as well as breaking my hip and shoulder, that's why I have a medical alert device. My daughters chose Lively for me. It keeps me mentally balanced and gives a mental assurance that just in case I fall, I've got a button to push and have some support to call on.

Question and Answers - Lively

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.

What problem is Lively trying to solve?

Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.

How does your Lively measure success?

We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?

At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Company Profile