4.6/5 (1323 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Lively Mobile Plus

Lively Mobile Plus is a waterproof, one-touch medical alert device from Lively (formerly GreatCall). The company offers free shipping and a 30-day money-back guarantee if the device is returned after little use and in like-new condition. It uses the Verizon cellular network, and its call centers are staffed 24/7 by certified agents.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• Free shipping
    • 30-day money-back guarantee
    • Reasonable pricing
    • GPS tracking

Cons

• Depends on Verizon cell network
    • Not good for remote areas

Bottom Line

Lively Mobile Plus is a GPS-capable medical alert system. The company has 24/7 U.S.-based call centers staffed with certified agents. It alerts help in case of a fall and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Top Lively Mobile Plus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

In the middle of the night, when you fall, you need somebody. It makes me feel good knowing I have my Lively Mobile. The device is all right that I wear it just like a necklace. I...

Verified

… I wear it when I get up in the attic and I wear it when I get up on the ladder. I called them not very long ago because I wanted to be sure it works, and the response time was v...

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

What is Lively Mobile Plus?

Lively Mobile Plus is a life alert system with GPS capabilities that runs on Verizon’s cellular network for use both in and outside of the home. Users can contact a call center staffed with certified responders 24/7 by pressing a large button on the front of the device. Once you’ve contacted Lively Mobile Plus, an agent will stay on the phone with you until help arrives.

Agents have the training to handle medical emergencies but can also respond to nonemergency situations like being locked out of your house or walking alone in the dark. Lively Mobile Plus also has fall detection features to alert the call center automatically if you lose your balance while wearing the device. Users can also upgrade to include Urgent Care services so they can speak with a live nurse or doctor for medical advice and common prescriptions without involving insurance.

How does Lively Mobile Plus work?

Because Lively Mobile Plus needs access to Verizon’s cell tower network to work, you should check the company website to make sure service is available in your area. You can purchase Lively Mobile Plus through the website or through your local Best Buy, Walgreens or Rite-Aid. After you’ve purchased the device, you will pick one of three monthly service plans.

Lively Mobile Plus is easy to set up and requires no installation. The device can either be worn around your neck on a lanyard or clipped onto a belt. Should you fall or press the device’s help button, a trained agent will start a conversation. These urgent responders can alert emergency services to your location if necessary, give directions if you’re lost or handle other nonemergency situations. Your Lively Mobile Plus device will need to be charged; the company recommends charging every night for optimal use.

Lively Mobile Plus plans

Lively Mobile Plus customers have three service plans to choose from. All plans, including the $24.99 a month Basic plan, include access to the urgent response service. This service is staffed by agents who can respond to both emergency and nonemergency situations.

The Preferred plan, which is $29.99 a month, adds urgent care and Lively Link services. Urgent Care lets you ask a doctor or a nurse any medical questions you might have. Designed with caregivers in mind, Lively Link is an app that keeps family members informed about the health of the user. The Ultimate plan, which costs $39.99 a month, includes fall detection, which activates the device automatically through motion sensors.

Lively Mobile Plus cost

In addition to a monthly service plan, Lively Mobile Plus users pay for the device upfront ($49.99). A user guide and a charging dock are included. Customers also receive a magnetic lanyard to wear the device around the neck and an accessory clip that lets users clip the device to a belt. Standard shipping is free, or you can pay $20 to receive the device in less than three days. Lively Mobile Plus has a 30-day money-back guarantee if the item is returned in like-new condition — meaning you return it in the original box with all components and materials.

Lively Mobile Plus FAQ

Who makes the Lively Mobile Plus?
    Lively makes Lively Mobile Plus and designs a wide range of electronic products for seniors. Lively is best known for creating the Jitterbug, a popular cell phone for older adults.
    Do you need Wi-Fi for Lively Mobile Plus?
    No, the device is powered by Verizon’s cellular tower. Lively Mobile Plus does not use Wi-Fi networks.
    What is Lively's’s return policy for the Lively Mobile Plus?
    There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on the Lively Mobile Plus, but the return must meet two conditions: You must return the phone in like-new condition in the original box with all components and materials.
    Where are Lively Mobile Plus monitoring centers located?
    All Lively Mobile Plus monitoring centers are U.S.-based. Lively Mobile’s customer service center is based in Carlsbad, California.

Do we recommend Lively Mobile Plus?

Overall, most users report feeling safer and mention quick response times with Lively Mobile Plus devices. In addition, the cost of Lively Mobile Plus is on the lower end, with monthly plans ranging from $24.99 to $39.99. The product itself has great features, is waterproof and offers fall detection. Because it’s powered by Verizon’s cellular network and has GPS capability, it’s a good choice for seniors who are active and spend lots of time outside the home. However, due to its dependence on cellular towers, Lively Mobile Plus might not be the best choice for those in extremely remote areas where Verizon service is spotty.

Lively Mobile Plus Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 21, 2022

I have been a Lively customer now for eight months (since Fall of 2021) for my Mother-In-Law. I cancelled service today. The medical alert program has given me nothing but problems for eight months. Battery issues every six weeks resulted in us having to send units back to Lively for replacement units. The new units work for a while then always something routinely happened a few weeks later. If it's not battery issues it's not receiving notifications on the App pertaining to leaving or returning home. Once when we received a replacement unit ALL the information pertaining to emergency contacts were foreign to us. It appeared to be a used unit sent to us with prior information (and contacts) not erased. The prior contacts (another family) were getting all of our notifications, not my wife and I.

Last week there was another battery issue and a week later I asked where the replacement unit was as we did not receive it a week later. They said I would have to purchase an entire new unit. I said that this was not satisfactory. In fact I requested a refund for the six weeks that I never had service out of the last eight months due to the continuous returning of defective units/batteries. The customer service rep then hung up on me. Honestly only half of the customer service reps there actually seem to enjoy their jobs. The rest are rude and useless. Very few were excellent and knowledgable. Not only is Lively Customer Service for the most part very poor, it usually takes twenty-thirty minutes to get through to a rep per phone call.

I have been more than patient for many months. Seriously, I have heard excuses from 5G upgrade issues (not an issue at all) to not having the correct email on file for notifications to properly function. I have the correct email on file. Funny how notifications worked for the first three months of service with my original email on record and for the other five no one could figure the problem out even after changing to a secondary email address. Stay away from this firm. You get what you pay for. Buy a unit and service plan from a reputable firm that costs more but is reliable. Reliability is definitely a requirement for a device like this.

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Marlene, we are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate your feedback. Please look for a private response from us.

Original review: March 17, 2022

This phone was suppose to be great for seniors and vision impaired. It’s an awful phone for any of those individuals. It takes multiple clicks to get to a phone no from contacts. It is not user friendly at all. Terrible service connection as well. Customer service was great but the phone itself needs a rework.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The initial device did not charge. Lively (then Greatcall) sent a new charger unit which resolved it. Fast forward - mom passed away and I called to close the account, which I had just paid so it had a zero balance. They charged me for another whole month of billing, even though I was only two days into the new billing cycle. I would have been fine with a pro-rated bill for the two days, but to charge me another whole month for a service that is not being used? Shame on them! As if the last couple weeks haven't been difficult enough...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

** Lively 911 operator just destroyed all my records on my Jitterbug phone after I complained of always having to apologize constantly to her because I have barely brushed the red square which "What is your emergency? Contacted customer service-- asked for supervisor numerous times --GOT NOTHING. What a crap service. All my important info appears GONE.

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Vicki, we are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate your feedback. We would like to look into this further with you, please look for a private response from us.

Original review: May 27, 2021

My 91 year old father has a Jitterbug flip phone and two Livelies. I have a Lively.

DEVICE FAILURE

A couple years ago, his Lively failed in the middle of the night during a medical emergency. His life was saved only because he still has a Lifestation in his condo and was able to summon paramedics using that. Customer Service did not want to send him a new Lively until they received the old one back to examine it to be sure it was really not working. It was only after I told the rep that the only reason my father was in the hospital and not the morgue was due to the Lifestation that she agreed to send him a new Lively right away. I did not want him returning from the hospital to only one functioning Lively. (He uses one during the day and sleeps with the second while the other one charges overnight.) So just know that you may have to push for what you need.

UNDISCLOSED CHARGES

Fast forward to today: Our plans provide for free annual device replacements. Or at least we were told they were free. And when I called to get the replacements to confirm that they would be free, she checked the account and confirmed that our plans included free annual replacements. Except I received the bill today and they aren't really free. For each Lively, we were charged a $15 "processing fee" and for the Jitterbug $20. If I am remembering what the customer service rep just told me, the fee for a smartphone is $25. Had I been advised of these fees upfront, we might have waited longer to request replacements. Regardless, these processing fees should be disclosed upfront so that customers can make informed decisions.

SEPARATE ONLINE ACCOUNT FOR EACH DEVICE

If you have multiple devices, you must have a separate online account for each. So every time we need to upgrade my father's contacts, medications, doctors, etc., I must do this three times. If you don't have to update frequently, it's not a big deal. But if you do, it may be something to consider in your choice of medical alert devices.

GREAT CALL CENTER RESPONSE TIME

We have been very happy with the call centers. My father's first Great Call device was the Jitterbug. He noted that the call center answered much more quickly than the Lifestation call center so he got the Livelies, as well. The fact remains, that the only reason he is alive today is because I had convinced him to keep the Lifestation as a backup and he had that when the Lively device failed. As a result, he always has two alert devices with him at any time in case one fails, and you may want to do the same, especially if you live alone.

Original review: April 1, 2021

For the first time in my life I am living alone. I have several serious spinal problems. Last week I fell down and could not get up. I fell in the bathroom. There’s no soft place to land in a bathroom. I had to crawl into my living room to find my cellphone and call 9-1-1. It took me 25 minutes, and I was so weak and exhausted by then. I also had to unlock my front door so they could get into the house without breaking down the door. The EMTs arrived in a few minutes, and got me off the floor in a very few seconds. I am 75 years old, and live alone. Fearing that this might happen again (a pretty sure thing) as I get older. My daughter searched the internet carefully and found that GreatCall appeared to be my best bet. So I called them up and ordered their equipment and services. The town’s fire department also brought a heavy duty lock box, and attached it to my front door, with the house key in it. I am feeling much safer now, and my daughter can worry less.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My issued started 3 days ago on 1-21-2020. A total of 19 (NINETEEN) calls as of today 1-24-2020 a total of 37 (Thirty Seven) calls between GreatCall, Critical Signal Technologies and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. 2 of the calls to GreatCall resulted in 2 separate support agents asking, “maybe you should just TAKE A TIMEOUT”. The other after I explained everything for 15th time just came right out and said “You just to cancel this account”. No offer to even check into it

My mom received her Greatcall emergency response system yesterday. In the box was the form we were to fill out and send back with contact information, her medical condition and medicine she was taking. Or according to the form you can go to www.greatcall.com and update your information. That’s where over three hours of phone calls were made and still nothing was resolved. I started with her insurance company anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield who transferred me to Critical signal technologies, who then transferred me to GreatCall. The issue has still not been resolved so now I’m wondering if Greatcall is the right emergency response system for my mother. If I can’t even get an online account set up how are you guys gonna respond to an emergency.

I asked LifeLine to come and pick up the old system. When they showed this morning I told them to leave it here because I don’t have a reliable system in hand. So I paid another $53.00 for another month of service. I respectfully ask that someone return my call so we can get this issue resolved so I know my mother's in safe hands.

I did send a message via Messenger. I received a call from an individual with the Office of the President for GreatCall. Still no fix to the problem. The excuse was this was a new program through my mom‘s insurance company and they were going forward they will remove the information stating that you can set up an online account so you can monitor the health and welfare of the patient wearing it. Next step I guess is to write an email to the CEO of Best Buy but really not relying on any feedback there. I suggest if you’re looking for a emergency medical device for your love ones that has 2020 technology that you look elsewhere. Sincerely Michael **

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Michael, we are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate your feedback. We would like to look into this further with you, please look for a private response from us.

Original review: July 5, 2019

The device is not sold out, nor is it out of stock, do not allow the two companies lie to you. The device is defective and on recall for "Public Safety Reasons". As one of the many victims of this defective device, they too tried to mislead me as well. That is why they had to recall it. 911 does not work, it is NOT waterproof as they say, the Fall Detection does not work, GPS does not work. Now a Federal Class action Lawsuit is pending against both companies.

Original review: June 14, 2019

On 5/26/19 I called Customer Service to report that my mother's Lively Mobile Pendant was not holding a charge. They tried for over a half hour to re-activate the device and finally determined it was "unfixable". I expected them to send a replacement, but they said the pendant was out of stock, they did not know when they'd have any more, and there was no "Waiting list." They offered to substitute their Jitterbug flip phone, but I said that was not acceptable. If it's not on a necklace, I don't think my mother would be carrying a phone up & down the cellar stairs.

I was astonished that they could be "out" of pendants, one of their top products. I told them I was not pleased and would find another company. I hung up the phone to contemplate this dilemma. The rep immediately called back and said she would have to close the account if I didn't want the flip phone. I felt I had to make a snap decision at that point and said okay before thinking to ask about a warranty on the unfixable pendant which is under a year old. If GreatCall is one of the top companies, I'm not looking forward to dealing with my 2nd or 3rd choices. Still can't believe the device was out of stock!

Lively Mobile Plus response

Hello Norma, thank you for sharing your experience. At this time, we are not able to offer replacements for our Lively Mobile devices. We are working to correct the problem and can understand your disappointment. Please follow up with us so that we can discuss the alternative coverage options available at this time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I set up the Lively Mobile device for my mom last fall. I was delighted with customer service, the price and the app. And they call right away if she presses the button. However, we want to be able to track her if she goes out of the house alone, since she is likely to get lost. Most of the time (like right now), it will just say that it's fetching data. Sometimes it can take 10 minutes to update, and then she's likely to be a couple of blocks away from the result. We're really sorry that the technology doesn't work better given the GPS technology that's available today.

Find a Medical Alert System partner near you.

Lively Mobile Plus Company Information