Call toll free
4.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1326 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a Lively Mobile and noticed in the manual (thankfully before activating the device) that it was for one single user. My mother is fully functioning but my father is in early stage dementia and can no longer remember how to use his cell phone to make a call. They do not have a landline so I wanted an emergency button he can use either for Mom or himself. I called Great Call and the customer service lady said it was no problem, I just had to let the folks know when I called the activation number. The man in the activation department was one of the rudest men to whom I have ever spoken.

I began asking whether I could cover both my parents with the one button and he cut me off, spoke over me, told me I would have to purchase an additional button with an additional subscription plan and activation fee, but with 25% off the second device and activation fee. He also noted my father would have to push the button corresponding to which of them was in trouble in order for the service to work, which I said he is not likely to remember which button belongs to whom. I remarked this wasn't going to fit my needs so thank you, but I will return the device and look elsewhere.

The man got very belligerent and spoke over me again, saying there are no other companies that would provide what I want, all are single user devices and plans like Great Call. I did return the Lively Mobile and went with Bay Alarm Medical instead, who offer exactly what I want for just $6 more per month than I would've paid for one subscription plan at Great Call, had no device charge or activation fee, and extremely nice and helpful customer service. Nowhere in the advertising for Lively Mobile were these constraints and extra expenses made known.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Rhita, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. We understand that each individual will have different needs and requirements and as such, we offer an Emergency Profile that solely pertains to the individual. 5Star Urgent Response is a personal safety service meant for the subscriber only. Medical information is specific and private for each individual. Therefore, the 5Star Personal Profile is set up for single contact support per service. The Personal Profile provides an additional level of protection to 5Star customers. It is an important tool that enables 5Star Response agents to provide the best service possible. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Yesterday when I was cleaning my house, I got my feet tangled up in the cord and fell hard on my knee and as my face was headed into the tile floor my put my arm down first. I was afraid to move because my knee and arm were hurting. I grabbed my Lively out of my pocket and pressed the button. Nothing. No light no answer from anyone. It was dead. I keep my Lively on the charger at night and then carry in my pocket during the day. So there should have been plenty of juice in the device. I called GreatCall and I told the representative my story and he said, "you have two options, buy a new one or cancel your account."

My daughter had stayed home from work that day to take care of me and when she heard that response from the representative she got on the phone. Well he then said he would run some test, which he did, and come to find out, the device did not hold a charge. His answer to this was, "you will have to buy a new device." So I don't know how long I have been going along thinking I had I had some help if I would fall, but it's very unnerving to think I have been paying monthly for nothing. He said a supervisor will call with 24 hrs to 2 days. I won't hold my breath. I have used GreatCall since December 2015. No customer loyalty.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Suzanne, we are sorry to hear about your fall and apologize for your recent experience with the Lively Mobile. We would like to look into this matter further, can you please respond to the private message we have sent you?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

They will not let me return phone. They misled me & not truthful. They told me 2 keep phone & I would get what I expected. They lied so I would keep phone & go beyond time to return. I paid 4 something they knew not useful. I hope you can help!!! Thank you!!!

Lively Mobile response

Hello Dawn, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available. We are willing to look into your account to determine if you were within the 30 day return period. For your privacy and security please look for a private message from GreatCall to receive your account information.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased GreatCall - Lively Mobile One-Piece Water-Resistant Medical Alert Device - Silver for my 89 year old mother. She lives alone as my father has passed. She still drives, so wanted a device that could travel with her. She is also still very active around her property but is fearful of falling & needing assistance. I checked coverage availability for her area. It reported that there was coverage.

However, when trying to activate the device it was not able to pick up signal, so activation was not completed. The tech that I spoke with stated the device must be faulty. What are the odds? This was not a very comforting thought for her or her children, that the device made it to a store shelf. There is terrible coverage within her hometown, but never a problem with cellphone signal in her rural area. I am returning the device to our local Walmart for a refund. Very disappointed of the claim that there is coverage in her area when the device is too weak to pickup the cell signals it needs.

Lively Mobile response

Teresa, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. If you are in need of any further assistance, please call Customer Service, between the hours of 5 am and 8 pm Pacific Time.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m as active as I can be but I had fallen across the fence at my front yard. Also my husband passed away three years ago so my kids just kept on wanting me to get this medical alert device. I had a friend that got one and hers was only good for so many feet out there in the backyard or front yard. I wanted one that was good anywhere so I got Lively Mobile. I wear it when I get up in the attic and I wear it when I get up on the ladder. I called them not very long ago because I wanted to be sure it works, and the response time was very good. The rep answered right away. So I was very happy. I would recommend Lively Mobile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have people in my family who is falling down and I have bad hips and can’t get up. Also, I’m 90 years old now and I thought I should have a medical alert device. The device that I had fell apart and I'm ordering another from Lively Mobile because of the reasonable price. It was something I could handle. I ordered on the phone and the rep was friendly and nice. I felt really comfortable.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I thought it would be safer to have a medical alert device so I got one from Lively Mobile. I hook it on my bra strap and it's all right. It feels comfortable. Also, I call in a couple of times to test it and make sure it's working. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

In the middle of the night, when you fall, you need somebody. It makes me feel good knowing I have my Lively Mobile. The device is all right that I wear it just like a necklace. It's excellent and if a friend asks about it, I would say it would be a good thing to get. I wouldn’t go without it, I know.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was getting old and I was having a few problems. I was just 84 years old but I couldn’t walk very good so I got a walker. And I got the Lively Mobile as well. I wear it around my neck and it doesn’t bother me. It's right where I can just mash it if I need anybody. If I fall or something happens, somebody will come and see what it is. I wear the device when I’m by myself but if somebody’s with me, I don’t wear it. I like Lively Mobile. They're very nice and I would recommend it to anybody if they need something that they can buzz when they get hurt and they don’t have anybody with them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I got a medical alert device due to my age and my daughter thinks it’s good that I got one but I just feel fine. I also wonder sometimes if I could get one cheaper. Still, I’m glad I got the Lively Mobile. If I need it, I got it and I have it with me most of the time. I don’t like it on my neck though. I feel that weight. I have it in my pocket or in my purse instead when I’m going. I also always have it by my bed but I live right in town so I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if I just use my phone and call 911. It would be faster rather than having Lively Mobile come on the phone then they'd have to get someone to come here. If I call 911, they know where I live and they’d be right here. But now that I got the Lively Mobile and I have signed up, I just need it.

My granddaughter pressed the button by mistake once. She’s about four years old and that scared her. But the people at Lively Mobile were right on it. When her mother saw what she did and someone had gotten on, she informed them that I was fine. She told them that it was her daughter who did it and that was that. Overall, I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I’m 93 and seeing the commercials about life alert made me feel as if I needed it. I’ve read things about Lively Mobile in different advertisements and I’m convinced it’s the best. I like it very much and I want it with me. I’ve kept it with me day and night. I keep it charged and put it in either my blouse or pants pocket. I used it once when I fell and I couldn’t get up, and their team responded quickly in a timely manner. I feel more secure since having the device and it’s serving a purpose of what it’s meant to be.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I’m 85 and I’m frightened that I might fall so I needed a medical alert device. I haven’t had to use it at all but I’m glad I have Lively Mobile. I have it in my pocket and if not, I have it on the outside of my purse. I tried the device when I first had it. I wanted to make sure it was activated if I sleep. I feel a lot safer and I have it in the cradle right by my bedside. It’s there if I fall and I’m very satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My father passed away in January of 2017 and my mother had been with him and the caregivers until that point in time. After that, we thought that it might be good for her to have access to a medical alert device since she was living at home by herself. She’s been using the Lively Mobile for about 18 months now. It would work outside the home. So she can wear it while she’s outside the base area range and she would need to have her cell phone with her if she needed help. We've tested the button and the response is immediate. It's great.

But my mother is in a retirement facility now and probably doesn’t wear the device as much as she could. She’s also become a little bit more cognizant and a little bit more able to use the cellphone to call me rather than using the device for emergencies. But it’s good to know that it’s available, charged and ready to go if she would wanna put it on herself to go out somewhere. It’s also good to know that it’s there if she were to experience a fall or something where she would need urgent medical attention.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My wife got the Lively Mobile for me. I wear it sometimes when I want to go outside and I feel secured with it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I got the Lively Mobile for emergencies. I need it because I live here in the ranch by myself and it's 20 acres. The only time I have somebody come is on Wednesdays. They bring in firewood in the winter and mow and blow in the summer. I kept the device all the time with me because that’s the purpose of it. I feel safer and more secure when I have it. I have recommended it as well.

I depended on Lively Mobile but the house ate it and now, I feel lost. I called months ago and they were very thorough about using their methods to find it. They located it by satellite, I guess, and it is here. But of course, the battery has ran down so I’m just buying a dead horse. I’ve been paying constantly, thinking it’s in an apron pocket. It has been months and it's been a burden to pay for it every month. But it's easier to pay it than starting a new project. They said that if it would be replaced, I would have to start over in terms of the passwords. I don’t have the time or the energy to do that. But it’s not anybody’s fault but my own.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

A year and a half ago, I was having problems coughing and sometimes I would almost black out. So, I looked into getting a medical alert device and wound up with Lively Mobile. I'm alone and I'm a widow and if I'm outside and working, having the device is like having a safety belt on.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My mother is home alone and she wears her Lively Mobile device like a necklace. She accidentally used the button and she had two falls where it has worked. The device, however, doesn’t hold a charge for the full day and it has been a bit concerning. We had a problem already where it wasn’t charging and Lively Mobile gave us a replacement. The people there have been fine whenever I speak with them. They said that what they gave us was a rebuilt model and yet it is doing the same thing. We’ve been tracking the device's performance for the past week to see what time it starts beeping that it needs to go back on the charger. We are gonna call Lively Mobile again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had fallen about three times and I live by myself. Last time I fell, I was on the floor for six hours. My kids insisted on me getting a medical alert device and I feel comfortable with my Lively Mobile. The one time I needed it, it came through. I fell a year ago and the response was very quick. The young lady who answered the phone took care of exactly what she was supposed to do. Plus she stayed on the line with me the whole time until the EMS got there. Within 20 minutes, the EMS was there and they took care of me. At the time, I had injured my arm but they were just scrapes and bruises, and I didn’t have to go to the hospital. Everything went smoothly and it was very professionally done. I’m very pleased with Lively Mobile and I’ve also recommended it to a number of friends.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I carry my Lively Mobile device everyday and while I really haven’t used it, I’m happy with it. I put my device in my pocket. I can’t stand it around my neck because it’s jiggling around it. Shortly after I got my device, my cradle didn’t work and they sent me another one. They were very nice because they mailed it to me right away.

One time, I called when they were advertising a different model at 25% off, and the guy that answered the phone said, “Are you a customer?” Because I had called on a different line, there wasn’t a line that you could call on in the ad. I said, “Yes, I am. I have one.” He then asked what do I need another one for. My daughter was thinking of getting one, and I was really checking for her. But at the same time, I know it’s smaller and it’s lighter, and I didn’t know price-wise if it was about the same as what I have, and if it covers the different things that I have. He didn’t answer me and kinda hung up on me. So I didn’t call back. Other than that, I would recommend Lively Mobile to anybody. It’s a great company.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Lively Mobile is a good product and cheaper than others. I've had it for a couple of years and I feel pretty good about it. I wear it around my neck but I've gotten tired of it so I put it in my pocket. I like the other one which was on my wrist instead of hanging around my neck. I've had some falls and the response has been good. I pushed the button and the help came right out.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a tendency to fall and I decided I better have somebody to rely on. I've had Lively Mobile for a few years and it makes me feel more secure. I wear it around my neck and I've been trying to remember to put it on every day. At night, I have it next to me on my nightstand. I've been doing okay.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I fell down one time and my kids bought a Lively device for me. I didn't want it, but I'm getting older and if I go down, I'm gonna need somebody to call. The device works all right and it's been nice. I like the idea, but I'm not satisfied with the piece. I had the big metal one and then they cut down a little bit, which is still bulky. I've had it a little over two years and when I go to the club, everybody's got a small one hanging under their shirt and you don't even know it's there. Meanwhile, I got this in my pocket and if I fall in my pocket, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get to this. If you go on TV, they got these thin ones people put on and I'd like to get one of them instead of this heavy thing, which is also so damn wide and big. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I've had my Lively Mobile button for three years now and I've only used it one time. I woke up at around 11 o’clock and I didn't know what was wrong with me. When I pushed that button, I had help quickly. The rep called everybody on the list but because it was a foreign area code, none of the family would answer. It wasn't the rep's fault. She did everything she could do, and she stayed on the phone and didn't leave me, not one minute. It was 25 minutes before I ever got any help. I finally called my niece myself and she got the ambulance. When I started out the door, I said that I knew what was wrong with me. My sugar had gone up to 400 and some. But I had never had experience of that sugar being up so I didn't know what was wrong with me. But now, the family knows to answer Lively Mobile.

I carry the button in my pocket although I carry my cellphone in my pocket too. At the time that I got the button, I was falling. I came up with spinal stenosis and I'm too old. People wouldn't do anything about it and I just had to struggle with it. But I haven't fallen in a long time now. I guess I've learned to walk. I walk with a walker in the house and then when I go out, I walk with a cane just because I'm afraid to get out and fall. Still, we're all up in our 80s and every one of us has got a button. My sister says that she can't do without her. And I'm not gonna do without mine either. It's security that I know.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My father in law was having difficulty using the telephone, so we got him a Lively Mobile. My interactions with the reps of Lively Mobile have been very good. He wears the device every day around his neck and then puts it in his shirt pocket. We feel more at ease now. I don’t know if he would use the device, but if someone were to find him, then they would be able to use it. We would recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I am 73 years old and do at times trip and fall. I have had my device maybe 2 years and when the newest one came out it was upgraded. The problem I have had is that in the past year I have fallen 3 times and the fall detection never did anything. I have talked to customer service each time and had gotten 3 different answers. All have said that it is only activated when you fall a certain way. REALLY. I have complained enough that each time I was sent a new one. I just received my third one and I am hesitant in using it. The last time I fell (3 weeks ago), it did not go off until 14 hours later, surprise. I guess I was very lucky to be able to finally got up on my own, maybe next time I will just lay there till I expire. I really want to believe in the product, and feel that if I am paying extra for the fall detection, It should work when I do fall. Not really happy.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Mike, we are sorry to hear about your experience and that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The fall event should be detected almost immediately. The emergency call is made approximately 20 seconds after the fall event. If you can get up and walk within this 20 second interval, then your safety device will not make an emergency call. The safety device may not detect 100% of all falls. In the event of a fall, always press the Call Button if you do not hear the voice prompt that your fall has been detected.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have reached the age where I needed a medical alert device. It would also make my kids more relaxed if I got a button that I can push if I fall. The Lively Mobile device is fine. I wear it around my neck when my daughter is gone and usually if she's here. I also feel safer having it. I know that if I fall, either the doctor or the emergency people would be here in no time flat and my children would know.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I wear my Lively Mobile device all the time. In case I'm out driving around or I'm home alone and I have a situation, I can call for help. I dropped it a couple of times and it went off, and they responded quickly. I didn't realize it was gonna cost this much, but when I added the fall protection, that's what made the price go up. The experience has been fine overall.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I know someone who has problems walking and has to use a walker. She's home alone at times and unsteady on her feet. Lively Mobile was highly recommended through Walmart and I feel that she is much safer with having it. She wears the device around her neck or pinned to her top. At night, she leaves it on the charger because my dad lives with her.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I live alone and considering my age, my family wanted to make sure that if anything happened, I would be able to get in touch with someone right away. At times, I feel that I really don't need my Lively Mobile but to make my family happy, I have it. It's on the side of my bed. I'm supposed to wear it but I can't stand anything around my neck. My children say, "What good is it, Mom, if you fall and you can't get up?" But I feel that if anything's gonna happen, it would be in bed. That is a stupid way to think though, because I can fall and there are a million things that can happen but I don't worry about it. It's terrible. Every so often, I would tap the buzzer and they're right there when I hit it. Someone would come on and answer. They've been very good and accurate. If you're living alone, Lively Mobile is something that you can depend upon. It would be very smart to have it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My daughter bought me a Lively Mobile device but I’m not a fan of these things. I keep it charged and I know exactly where it is but it’s not around my neck unless I’m going up a ladder and if I’m hanging curtains or doing something that I shouldn’t. I’ve had it for a few years now and I’ve only used it to call once in a while to make sure it’s working. If there’s nobody around, the Lively Mobile is my help button and it’s better than not having it on but it’s a nuisance and I can’t be bothered with it when I’m doing my housework. I don’t want things around my neck and I’m not comfortable with things hanging on my body. I have been independent for a long time and I remained so because I want to and that one hanging around my neck made me feel I have to have someone looking after me. It’s wonderful though if you need and use it.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall expert review by Shelley Webb

Packages start at $24.99. Waterproof medical alert devices are available in wearable button, wrist and lanyard options. No annual contracts or cancellation fees. Fall detection available.

• 5Star Urgent Response: Highly trained agents are online 24/7 to provide assistance in emergencies.

• Fast response times: Get 24/7 access to registered nurses and board-certified doctors for advice and common prescriptions without an appointment.

• Easy to wear: Simply clip the device on your clothes or wear it around your neck or wrist.

• Patented GPS: Device will automatically track your location.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Lively Mobile questions and answers

What needs do Lively products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Before Lively, traditional medical alert devices offered limited value with poor design and that were more often left on the nightstand than worn to protect people.

In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering ease of use and features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help. We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. As a result, Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.
What problem is Lively trying to solve?
Lively (www.mylively.com) keeps you safer from falls and other emergencies with a stylish safety watch for 24/7 emergency response and smart home device that provides insight of certain daily living activity to keep you healthy as well.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
The Lively stylish safety watch brings modern design and features to a product category long overdue for a transformation, including 24/7 help at the push of a button when it's needed plus missed medication reminders, step counting and more.
How does your Lively measure success?
We measure success by making our customers happy while wearing their safety watch to stay safe and well and bringing relief to family members who may worry about their elder loved ones.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
At Lively, we aim to celebrate the lifestyle of consumers with good design and an experience that celebrates living well with a rich connection to loved ones instead of the fear-based attitude of other medical alert products on the market.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one delivers safety and fosters wellness among those that are the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs.

Furthermore, family members provide 83 percent of senior care in the U.S. at a cost to families of nearly $522 billion a year. As such, our industry needs to serve more than 100 million people who are over the age of 50 in the U.S. with a strong desire to stay independent and live on their own as long as possible as well as more than 43 million family caregivers who want to help ensure their loved ones are safe.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Lively?
At Lively, we want to be assured that older adults who live on their own are reveling healthily and happily in their independence. Lively is our way of making this happen.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Lively was founded by Iggy Fanlo, David Glickman and Keith Dutton in the summer of 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco. With collective backgrounds that include working at some of the world’s most innovative consumer product companies, they’ve formed a vibrant team of talented individuals who share a passion for changing the way older adults stay connected across generations.

Lively Mobile Company Information