1.37/5
Based on 371 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

3579 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

They installed my 87 and 92 year old neighbor's $1000.00 Bosch dishwasher. They did not install a toe kick, and then convinced them it does not have one. I just called BOSCH who is sending one. I will install it to keep the clowns away.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchased this Samsung fitness watch (Gear Fit2 Pro) at Best Buy for $200. The watch stopped working after 2 months -- it was completely dead. It wouldn't charge or turn on. Best Buy refused to honor the 1 year manufacturer's product warranty because I hadn't purchased the store's "extended warranty" -- they refused to replace it, refund it, or provide store credit. Information on the internet reveals this watch is junk and Samsung customer service is not worth the effort. I will not be purchasing anything from either Samsung or from Best Buy again.

Best Buy Store Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 17, 2018

I have a Bosch dishwasher that I bought at Best Buy. The top panel was scratched while I had new countertops replaced. I called to arrange a service call, get an estimate for the company who will pay for the service, and obtain information to forward to the contractor. The supervisor and the service person told me that there would need to be multiple service calls. One to diagnose the issue (a scratch on the panel that is visible) and would then have to order the part and return for another visit. I found this outrageous and a way to increase the income for Best Buy and a source of multiple frustration for the customer.

I called Bosch and got exactly what I wanted in one call with one visit with the part identified. Best Buy is simply trying to get customers to pay more. Do not use their service and I will no longer buy anything from the store. I can find almost anything I need on Amazon. Also, there is no link to complain in writing to corporate. It looks as if they want to go out of business by avoiding reality!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Bought 4 computers here. One is my wife's. They never registered the computers to the manufacturer. Dell told me they are supposed. Corporate told me that is not store's policy to and now they can't fix it. They want me to pay. Isn't that a kick in the butt? And to make it worst Verizon And Optimum is not helping. You know why? Money. Greedy people and billionaires I found out are just stupid people ruining companies from their desk no knowledge of what's going on in their stores. If you are in contact with the Philippines and India ask for US. Save your self a headache.

Original review: July 16, 2018

As a customer and an Elite Plus member at Best Buy, I am extremely disappointed at my recent purchases/interaction with Best Buy employees. There were numbers of errors that Best Buy made, that could have been resolved if any of the people I contacted just listened and provided me direction. Here is what happened, my family and I relocated to a new city. We decided to purchase a new microwave, double-oven, dishwasher and a refrigerator. We bought all four appliances and set up a delivery date and time. The delivery day comes and only 3 items are delivered. I assumed that the last item would be delivered as the first 3 items were delivered by two different trucks. I waited and waited, ended up calling off the electrician/plumber until I received all of my orders.

A day passed and still I was missing my last order. I called the store and spoke to someone who said they were an Assistant Manager, he informed me that my item was not loaded on the truck and it was rescheduled to be delivered 5 days later. First off, why wouldn’t the warehouse not notify me that the item was not going to be delivered in advance. I had contractors scheduled to install these items that day. And secondly, why would you reschedule without confirming with me if that day would work? Simple errors that BB made that could have been avoided, if they just called me about the delays in advance and rescheduled the delivery day based on my schedule.

The Assistant Manager who I spoke to was not interested in my concerns when I asked to speak to a manager he informed me that the manager was not working that day. Based on his tone of voice and the zero interest he had in assisting me, as far as I knew he was avoiding me contacting the store manager. Five days later my last appliance arrives, unfortunately I was not home but my wife and 2 children were. The delivery personal dropped off my oven in the garage and refused to take it out of the box so my wife could inspect it. We had 3 other items delivered 5 days prior, so my wife knew the protocol. They bring in the item, they unbox it, customer inspects it, customer signs off the inspection and the delivery people leave with the paperwork.

However, in this case the delivery personnel refused to unbox it and intimidated my wife to sign the paperwork. She pushed on having them follow thru the correct procedure, however they refused. They told her that they will not unbox and that she needs to sign now!!! She was frightened as their voice and physical demeanor was aggressively escalating, so she signed to get them out of the house. She called me when they left our home and told me how frightened she was of their behavior. Here is why from now on I will not be shopping at BB;

1. BB did not properly train the people sent to deliver, who enter inside of customers homes. 2. After contacting BB and talking to someone named Juan for 10-15 minutes and learning later that he did not take any notes and did not contact anyone to reach out to me. Juan told me he would document and have manager call me, I waited few days for someone to reach out to me and no one did. I called BB again and was informed that there were no notes in my case, which tells me he just listened to me for 15 minutes and wasted my time.

Forget the fact that the oven they delivered could have been either in perfect shape or damaged, I don’t care about that. I could always charge back on my CC or take it back to the store. What’s insulting is the how customer service handled this whole situation when it could have been resolved from beginning and how BB hiring random contractors to deliver items without properly training them. BB, do you know that the people you hire to deliver items to people’s home are representing you? Do you understand that there is absolutely nothing unique about your business as everything you sell can be bought elsewhere either at brick-and-mortar or online store? Do you understand that customer service is what makes customers return? There is a reason why people shop at Amazon, Costco, Nordstrom and etc. It’s not that their items are cheap, it’s not that it’s always convenient, it’s because they have great customer service.

Those companies clearly train every single employee who represents their company and those companies understand how important is to have great customer service. Note, I am not saying that good companies don’t make mistakes, they do. It’s what those companies do next that distinguishes them from the rest.

Conclusion, still no one reach out to me from BB. On Saturday, I had to drive to the store and speak to someone in person as I have learned no one will contact me. After speaking to the Store Manager, he offered to have the oven installed for my troubles. I agreed, not because I liked what he had offered for the delays, lies, intimidations or the terrible customer service but because I knew this will be the last time I will shop at Best Buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: July 15, 2018

I bought a 65" TV and an All-in-One computer, along with the "promotional" printer for $20. The sales rep explained to me that, if I bought the Total Tech package for $200/year, BB would come out and set up my computer for $50 and my TV for $50. WOW, this is great or so I thought. I called to set up my appts. First was my TV. The quote? $127 because it is a liability for the techs to mount a TV over a fireplace so that is an EXTRA $100 on top of the $50 but because I have Total Tech support, I get 20% off, bringing down the total to $127. Not too pleased, so then I asked if someone could come and setup my computer and printer and have my Wi-Fi (Best Buy) router moved downstairs by my new computer. The charge? $150, not the $50 I was originally told.

When I asked, they said because setting up the computer is one service ($50), plugging in the printer and making sure it works is another service (and another $50), and last but not least, another $50 to carry my box downstairs and hook it up. So I called the manager of Morehead City, NC Best Buy, Fernando, who was no help other than to say, "Hey, that is cheaper than if you called someone else." Really, that is your response? Um, so I will have paid your $350 to install a computer. I do believe I can get that installed somewhere cheaper. This is the 2nd time I have encountered a rude manager at BB and I did not shop there for over a year and now I wish I had never gone back. Lesson learned! Here I come Staples, Office Depot, and the like.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My payments 2 ($100.00) posted to the wrong account. I informed Best Buy Customer Service. They assured me that it would be taken care of in 24 to 48 hours. After 4 encounters a supervisor informs me that he is sorry that this happened. But no one made the mistake on purpose so... it happens. I will just have to wait until it posts. I told him I was told it would be taken care of previously. He did not see a problem that my account was not taken care of.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We bought a dishwasher, the sales rep set it up to be delivered the next Monday. I took the day off. No dishwasher. When we called the store, they said that because we ordered white, it had to be special ordered and would not even be available until July, we ordered in early June. They went on to say sorry about the rep's ignorance about this but they could take care of it. We set it up again to be delivered between 4-8. At nine o'clock that night, no dishwasher. I called the delivery man, who my husband had been calling all day with no reply. He answered and I asked why he was so late. He said he had been calling us and I said we were sitting right by our phone and had no calls from him.

He was very rude and said "How do you have my number to call me." I could not believe that, we were given that number to call and my husband had spoken to him the day before about delivery. I told him 9 pm is too late to install a dishwasher. We went to the store and they are apologetic and promised to deliver Saturday but we will see. We had the VERY same type experience when we bought a refrigerator a few years ago from them. I am done with Best Buy.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I would give a zero if that was an option. It all started so well on 21 April 2018 when I went into the Wyomissing branch and spoke to Dave in sales who helped me with the decision around the dishwasher. When I explained it was integrated I was advised I would need to arrange to have the door taken off and then refitted once the dishwasher had been installed since this wasn’t something the technicians installing did. I was surprised but accepted this but within five minutes I was told if I paid another $100 the technicians would fit this. I’m sure this is a rip off but I just wanted the easiest thing so I agreed.

The delivery and installation date was scheduled for Tuesday, 8 May 8-12. On Saturday 5th, two days before delivery Best Buy called to advise the dishwasher was on a back order and they needed to reschedule to Tuesday 15th. Little frustrating but only another week. On Monday 14th, one day before delivery, Best Buy called to reschedule again as the dishwasher was still on a back order and gave me a new date of Tuesday, 5th June. I was scheduled for the 12-4 slot. NOTE always ask for the morning slot if you buy anything...on June 5th the day of delivery, I was called at 3.45 pm by the installers’ customer service department to advise they had been held up on the morning jobs and they weren’t going to get to me until later. I explained I had an evening appointment and would be leaving at 5.30 pm.

After trying to get an idea whether they would arrive before I left (this was a little like pulling teeth) I was told they still had two or three installs before me, one was two appliance install and one was a four, so working on a half an hour for each install this meant at least another three hours so I explained there would be no point as I couldn’t wait in and had no one else to be at the house. At 5.20pm the installers called to say they were 45 minutes away at the same time the installers customer service department called again to say the installers were on the way and again I explained no point as I would be out by the time they arrived.

I asked if they could come first thing Wednesday 6th instead but was told I needed to call the next day which I duly did to rearrange. However when I called no one knew where my dishwasher was. I explained that it was on the vehicle at 5.20 pm the night before so presume it had to be dropped back off at the Wyomissing branch. Anyway I couldn’t get a delivery that day since I was advised the installers only come to “my” area on Tuesdays and Fridays. I was leaving that weekend for a few weeks so I agreed to reschedule for Tuesday July 10th. (Almost three months after the order was originally placed). I opted for the 8-12 slot.

So today when it got past 12 pm I called Best Buy and as usual waited for the messaging system to get to the option for a call back which was 8 minutes. I did get a call back but as I was on another call no message was left so again called back and went through the messaging system and was 12 minutes for a call back. Eventually around 12.30 I managed to speak to a human being (what joy) and she was helpful once I explained this was the fourth reschedule and I really needed the install to happen today. She gave me the number for Chris who was going to find out what was going on.

At 13.10 Chris called to say the installers were in Pottstown. They were on the way to the store in Wyomissing and were coming straight out to me. By 3.50 pm and still no installers I called back the number for Chris which rang for at least five minutes probably more and at the same time from a different phone I was calling the Best Buy general number so both phones ringing until Brianna answered and I eventually found out that Chris had left for the day. I asked for his last name but Brianna said she didn’t know it then after a while after I was pressing her she said she could not give his name out anyway. She said my order was in transit which meant she just clicked on the order which I could do myself from my email.

I was frustrated and felt Brianna was not interested and was quite rude. She did give me the number for Nickson Home Services who are the delivery team. I called that number and went through another messaging system which gave me a different number for the scheduling team. This is **. I called that number and spoke to Janey/Jamie? By this time I was very upset and she told me the installers would call me 30 minutes before arriving. I really pressed her since she said they were on the way but I wanted to get an idea when they would arrive since they had been “on the way” since 1 pm.

I could have driven to New York or Washington in the three hours since I was told they were “on the way” by Chris at 1.10pm. Whilst I was on the phone waiting for Janey to find out their exact location I saw the installers coming up my driveway. They arrived at 4.23 pm. They explained that Best Buy organise the schedule and send them backwards and forwards in what seems a chaotic way e.g. they said they had been past my house earlier to go to another job then back the other way before doing my install! The installers were great, all done within 45 minutes but the whole experience has totally put me off ever buying from Best Buy again.

Original review: July 9, 2018

In April, I bought several products from Best Buy. Best Buy delivered and installed the washer, dryer, and a large TV. I also bought a freezer, mixer, and vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner broke in less than a month. Best Buy would not take it back. They said I had to deal directly with Hoover. The number provided directed me to a website. The website had no repair info. The 65 inch TV is broken, possibly because of how it was installed. Again, I was told to deal with the manufacturer - Samsung. Samsung sent me new cables they want me to install but I can't because the very heavy TV is mounted to the wall and I cannot get to the cord connections.

I just had my dryer vents cleaned and the vent man had to fix the duct that Best Buy installed because instead of cutting it off to the right length, they curled it around which made it more likely that lint would collect in the vents. I went into the store and talked to the manager about the TV and the vacuum cleaner and they said if I didn't buy the extended warranty, it wasn't their problem.

Original review: July 9, 2018

On June 24, 2018 went to Best Buy in Boca Raton to buy a microwave oven. Since "they don't keep microwave ovens in stock at the store", an order had to be placed and paid for and in two days, I would receive the oven (on Wednesday, June 27). Today is July 9 and I have yet to receive the oven. Called UPS with tracking number supplied by Best Buy (no information on whereabouts; they said to call the store). Called the store - they gave me the Corporate number to call. Called Corporate - they said that they don't know what happened but the oven did not ship; told me to take my receipt to the store and ask for a refund. Went to the store and they refuse to give me a refund claiming the oven is in transit. Called UPS again - July 7 - they still have no information on this order being shipped by Best Buy. Went back to the store and they still refuse to give me a refund as their "data claims the oven shipped." July 9 - still no oven.

Original review: July 7, 2018

First wish there was a -0. Recently we visited the Bird Road location, what a tremendous disappointment. We needed information on DirecTV which they have a booth but no one around. Finally we found someone to help us (a group of young employees were all gather having a very pleasant conversation while customers waited). The young man was pleasant but informed us that he had no idea about DirecTV and he called a ** wild hair South American looking woman.

First she was not very happy to have been called but we continued to bear the situation because we have been loyal customers of that store since it opened. Asked us our phone number in order to see our account (all we needed was the cancellation date of our contract). We provided our telephone number to her both in English as well as in Spanish five or more times and she still didn't understand and not only didn't understand she made faces at me. Upon her reaction we called the manager. OMG to my surprise the manager if you can call it a manager starting screaming and told us to go to AT&T and I asked why should we when they are advertising that service unless it's false advertisement???

He got worse and waved his hands as if he was going to hit me. My husband got very upset and told him that he had no right to raise his voice at us or waive his hands as if he was going to punch us (I think he said his name was Mcfrugel) but I think it was a lie. We started to go to the cash register and he follow us there and-continue to scream at us. I told him that I was a Bank manager for over twenty years and that he had no idea how to treat a customer much less no class at all and that he should be working cleaning the store, I'm sure the janitor has more class than he does. We will never ever enter that store again and will spread the word on how unrespectful and ignorant their employees are.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Best Buy seems to specialize in customer DISservice. Ordered a TV online, received a Sharp 50" with a completely shattered screen. When I contacted them about returning/replacing the damaged TV I ended up spending 2.5 hours on the phone with seven different people. They completely bungled the entire transaction, forgetting to submit an order for a replacement, sending bad instructions to UPS, and finally just completely failing to pick up the broken TV. Eventually I gave up and recruited a couple people to help me drag the busted TV to a UPS store.

This entire experience was a disaster from start to finish that could have been completely avoided if Best Buy actually hired and trained even moderately functional customer service representatives. Not one of the seven associates I communicated with had a clue regarding how to process a return/replacement for a damaged online order. Worse than that, six of the seven spoke such broken, poor English that is quite evident that the bulk of the difficulty with this absurd transaction was the result of an inability to communicate properly and a total lack of training.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have purchased a slew of appliances from Best Buy, and oddly enough their appliance warranty program is actually pretty good which is why I keep buying. But every time I have something delivered, it's a horrid experience and I have to keep reminding myself of it when shopping for new appliances. Yet again having another washer and dryer delivered (my last one was only a 5 year old Samsung set, so a heads up that I am already buying a new set.) The first issue was that the only reason I selected a particular set to buy was the delivery date was within a couple of days; then after placing the order, the delivery times that were opened were a few days following that. So much for next day delivery.

So the delivery window 4 days after my purchase was quoted to be between 1-4pm. The next issue was when I waited around all day and the delivery team called me at 3:30 pm to say that they were 30 minutes away. 4pm arrives, but no delivery. At 5pm, still no delivery and no phone call. I tried calling the number back and no answer. Then received a call at 5:15pm stating that they were "only 15 minutes from arrival." 30 minutes passes, and no delivery. 45 minutes later, they arrive. However, to know of their arrival - I did not receive a phone call, or a knock at the door. Instead, the delivery person decided to simply open my storm door and try to walk inside of my house. I have never in all of my 43 years of life seen anything like it.

My dog rushed the door and he promptly closed it, however I have two dogs - the other being not as friendly to strangers who are walking in unannounced and uninvited. He could have either been bitten, or my dog would have escaped to hunt for cats in the neighborhood - either scenario was not good. When I asked him immediately "did you really just open the door before knocking?" His immediate response was, "I was trying to get your attention, do you want to come look at your dryer - it's damaged." At that point, I was not interested in receiving a broken dryer, or even the washing machine that was not broken given that this person without common sense would be installing it.

Later, I watched my security footage and saw the men, in a rented Enterprise truck, literally drop the dryer box off the back of the truck and on to the street (since they had no ramp and no lift.) So the correct response should have been "I'm sorry for walking into your house without knocking, and we broke the dryer". Not "it's damaged" as if it was packed and shipped that way. After calling customer support, which would be my 5th call of the day (3 live people hung up on me after waiting for 10-15 minutes each) and well over an hour spent wasted on the phone with Best Buy, I explained my concerns and an empathetic woman (who was my "case manager") listened; to which she then responded, “Well I am really sorry about that. Since your order is frozen in our system, there's nothing I can do. You'll have to call us back tomorrow and we'll see when we can get a replacement order out to you.”

Yay, I get to spend another 10 minutes explaining this whole story to another stranger who "may" help me to get a washer & dryer later this week. Which leaves me with another week of no laundry and another wasted day, while I spend even more time calling tomorrow to schedule a future delivery with more incompetent delivery drivers. No thanks. I am going to cancel my order and try a local appliance store; they might be more expensive, but at this point I see why the price hike is actually a true savings in the end.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have purchased multiple appliances from Best Buy. I live in a remote area and they always deliver on schedule and with courtesy. My last two purchases included a return of a washer/dryer set that I was very unhappy with and delivery of my replacement purchase. They have the best return policy for appliances I have ever encountered. Two thumbs up to Best Buy appliance sales and delivery teams.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I am 3 days away from my due date, so you can imagine a round, tired, person having serious contractions walking into a store just looking for help and understanding. I just moved to Everett and not knowing that there I went to CambridgeSide Galleria mall where I received excellent help. I purchased the product (Beats by dre) as the man suggested and he said I could go straight to Everett to pick it up. I arrived in Everett 15-20 min later and the woman behind the counter (yarly it Yasmine- pregnancy brain) stated I would have to wait 1 hour or come back a different day! I went and spoke to someone different (Lea) and she stated it wasn't true and took the product right off the shelf and stood with me as it was processed and given to me. I think Best Buy should hire people willing to actually help or go that extra mile.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I purchased a dishwasher from Best Buy on June 15, 2018. I live in a condominium, I needed to have proof of insurance from Best Buy before installation. I called them 22 times, each time they said they would email insurance documents within 24 hours. The day before the delivery I spoke with them and was told, the delivery guys would bring the insurance information with them, no worries. They arrive without proof of insurance. I took the day off of work for the delivery. Called again at least another 10 times, where I was put on hold for over 30 minutes, only to be informed I had to call another department. Call, repeat the story. They genuinely do not care. I am disgusted, angry, and very frustrated. Now I have to take another day off to get it installed. I should just cancel it and purchase it from Sears.

Original review: June 25, 2018

This past Saturday I was in your store in Spring Texas at approximately 1025. My computer was broken so I took it to the Geek Squad. After talking with Keldrin, I found out that my computer had to be sent out to be repaired. Since I am in Graduate school, I cannot be without a computer so I asked him if they had used computers. He told me yes and directed me where to go. I went to the computer counter and a young ** male was waiting on another ** male. I stayed at the counter for about 7-8 minutes waiting for him to finish with that customer. Another associate came to the area with another ** male customer. The associate smiles at the one customer leaving and shook hands with the other customer that had just been brought back. They both passed by me like I wasn't there.

I went to another department and Jason helped me. I asked to speak to a manager and Shaun ** came over. He saw that I was upset and hurt about what took place. He said he would check into the matter and get back to me. I asked for his card, he left and got the card and gave it to me. By this time I was in tears. After finishing with Jason who was very kind and professional, I went back to the Geek Squad desk and spoke with Keldrin and found out about my computer. The manager had not come back to talk with me. This was about another 25 minutes. I asked for him again. He came to the counter and seemed very nervous, which I told him I knew this was an uncomfortable situation and that Chris, the associate who ignored me made me feel uncomfortable in the store by his blatant ignoring me. I happen to be an ** woman. I told Shaun that I consider what happened to me an act of racism. What else could it be?

With all three times Shaun, the manager approached me, he never apologized until I asked him for one. He never offered anything to make me whole again... But not even an apology until I demanded one? Wow! Now that's disrespect of a customer. This is why I am writing this e-mail. I was treated miserably by both Shaun and Chris. I did not deserve such treatment. Shaun was not rude, but what he did not do is what made it so bad and distasteful. With the racial tensions in this country, I would think Best Buy could do a little better, but you didn't. What a shame. I expect a response to this e-mail promptly.

Please know it was not so much as about race as it was about how things were handled. I deal with being in my skin every day, but please for anyone to be ignored and brushed aside is bad, no matter color or gender. Hey. It could have been a woman thing, I don't know. They should have handled it better. By the way, whenever you try to find them online or on the phone, you're given the run-around. They have a post saying they are redesigning their website. Funny.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I went to Best Buy to buy a TV. The clerk had me put my credit card in his device to complete my purchase. He walked away and then came back and handed me my credit card. Later that day, I started getting emails from Chase showing where I was making a lot of purchases. Close to $1000.00 was being charged on my account. BUYER BEWARE! Best Buy does not have honest people working for them. I'm sure it only takes a second to take a phone and take a photo of a credit card. If you pay with credit don't let the card out of your sight for a minute! Best Buy should hang their head in shame for letting people like this work for them.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Ya know I have dealt with some stupid and rude people in my life, but I have to say BEST BUY TECH DEPARTMENT takes the cake. Twice they cancelled their appointment with me on a dishwasher install job making it my problem to reschedule. The second appointment they canceled they never even told me. Then they tried to say it was my fault that they didn’t get the work order right. Then the woman I spoke with in customer service acted like a child throwing a temper tantrum when I questioned her about it. So I told her to cancel my order and she snapped at me, so I snapped back. She then says, “Whatever” and hung up on me. So much for customer service at BEST BUY!!! I will never do business with BEST BUY again. If they’re that rude to someone that prepaid almost 200.00 dollar for a service that I scheduled back on the 7th of June I’d hate to see how they treat someone that’s only spends a few bucks in the store.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Purchased several appliances. Frig, dryer, washer, microwave, coffeemaker... On June 2, 2018. Got delivered June 9. Took 5 days after that to get my ice maker waterline installed - people would never show up when scheduled. Have a dryer that doesn't work and has not since day 1 and now am told I can't get it replaced until the 27th because they are out of stock. Brand NEW DRYER and told I have to wait because out of stock. I told them today 6-19-18 to come get dryer. I will get it elsewhere so I can have one that works and they tell me they can't get it until the 27th. The manager I spoke with Andrew at the Kroger center store in Midlothian VA where I bought everything was very rude. I would rate BEST BUY as WORST BUY and a negative-1 billion.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Best Buy has horrendous customer service!!! BEWARE. We ordered this washer from them because they were the quickest to deliver (Home Depot and Lowe's were comparable or cheaper prices). This was a MISTAKE. IT TOOK 6 VISITS TO GET IT INSTALLED PROPERLY. Visit 1 - Didn't bring a stacking kit (need one, none available or directions on website), Visit 2 - We had purchased the stacking kit online and they brought the WRONG ONE. Visit 3 - They brought the correct stacking kit, but these installer said the Maytags were "compatible" with our space and we needed to switch them for LGs. I was forced to go to the store IN PERSON to exchange the Maytags for LGs (that were more expensive).

Visit 4 -- The installer came several hours late, (by the way there is NO continuity whatsoever -- each visit was a different team and we had to re-invent the wheel multiple times)... The installer the fourth time said the third installer was WRONG. We switch the LGs BACK to the MAYTAG. In this transaction they lost our warranty we had bought (I discovered this after visit 5 and had to remedy it). Visit 5 - They install the Maytag Washer/Dryer -- it works, BUT we realize after the fact that it was installed too close to the wall and we cannot turn on and off the water supply. Visit 6 -- THEY COME SEVERAL HOURS LATE AGAIN, to move the washer and dryer over.

Our only compensation was a Best Buy gift card (for not nearly enough), and a reduction in the price of the warranty. I spent countless hours on the phone, countless hours for waiting for installers to come... It was a total waste of time, and I will NEVER be using Best Buy again (their gift card feels even less worth something now)... Next time I'm going to Home Depot or Lowe's.

Updated on 06/19/2018: Visit 6 - THEY NEVER EVEN SHOW UP. They tell customer service they are "coming" at 1:30PM, then tell them they actually stopped by at 12:30PM (NOBODY EVER CAME I WAS HOME THE WHOLE TIME).

Original review: June 16, 2018

I purchased a wedding from your bridal registry. I purchased it online and had it delivered. Unfortunately the wedding was canceled. When I took the gift back to the store to return it, I was told it had a return policy is 14 days. It had never been opened so they gave me a store credit, which I didn't want. I wanted to have it credited to my card. The 14 day return policy seems absurd, as when you purchase a gift far enough in advance to the wedding date, and it's delivered. The 14 days practically gone before they even open it. I'll not purchase from Best Buy again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I told the salesman exactly what I needed what my cable company told me. He handed me a router and said, "This one is good." Over $100. I get home, try to install it with NetGear on phone and it is not compatible. I live 2 hours away and now I have to take a day and expense of gas to take this back. They won’t let me mail it. I’m really irritated at the salesman who was suppose to help but didn’t. Now I have no internet at all because all my cables are unplugged & I don’t know how to plug them in. My last experience with Best Buy. Not consumer friendly & staff not experienced in their products.

Original review: June 16, 2018

So angry with my top loader washing machine from LG that I bought at Best Buy. The code for the exact top loader washing machine I bought in 2013 is WT5070CW. Less than a year of having it, rust developed rust in the machine. I contacted both LG and Best Buy and neither would take responsibility. I also found out that they gave me a washing machine that was a year old. How is it possible to get rust in a washing machine since water is what goes through the wash machine! Pretty horrible customer service and they certainly don’t care about their buyers being happy.

Original review: June 13, 2018

No consistency in customer service... LIARS, LIARS PANTS ON FIRE!! Purchased InvisibleShield and had installed by Best Buy... screen protector was damaged several times and each time InvisibleShield would send replacement as part of their lifetime warranty and Best Buy would replace new screen protector at no charged as stated.

Purchased a new Samsung S9 in May 2018 and had screen protector installed became damage and received replacement from manufacturer and went to Best Buy to install and the managers, Nisch, Mike and Kathleen informed me at the Rosenberg store I need to repay installation fee for screen protector cause that has always been their policy.

I have proof that all the managers are liars about the policy plus you can call another store that has the same policy of replacing screen protectors. My issue is not paying a fee each time but I should be informed if you have changed the policy because that was not your policy before! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY AGAIN... will shop on Amazon, Fry's or Walmart or do without before they get another copper penny from me!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator March 2017. I bought the extended warranty from Best Buy. Good thing because the refrigerator has broke down twice in a year. The warranty company has agreed to let me exchange the refrigerator and of course there are no comparable refrigerator at the price of the one I bought. Anything slightly comparable is 500 to 1000 dollars more. I had already spent 2500 on the original refrigerator. So you would think I could find a comparable but not unless I spend a lot more. This is when I started to find out how poorly Best Buy treats their customers.

The store would not even meet halfway on price and when I called corporate I was told by a customer service agent that maybe I should just choose a refrigerator without all the options of the original refrigerator. Then she proceeded to talk over me and when I finally lost my patience with her and ask to speak to a manager I was placed on endless hold. When someone finally picked up the phone it was an employee service and they wanted my employee number. Now I have paid an extra 1000 dollars for a new refrigerator just to have them call me to set up delivery and then tell me they cannot set up delivery. I have to call the store I bought it at. Everyone there says, "Sorry. I can’t help you." You have to take another step in the process to have a refrigerator. Hopefully at some point I will get a working refrigerator and I will never have anything to do with Best Buy again. Worst company for customer service I have ever dealt with. Disgusting.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Please be aware when you purchase a television from Best Buy. I am a military veteran who is 100% disabled for PTSD. I waited for almost 2 years for my case to be DECIDED. It was finally decided last week and I received the money that they owed me. I decided to "hook my place up" and the thing that I was most excited to get was a nice TV. In the span of 3 days I spent exactly $4134 at Best Buy. The TV I bought was a Samsung 4K curved for $1000. I brought it home with no issues. I carefully unboxed the TV and began to set it up. While I was setting it up my friend asked to see what the picture looked like so I stopped, and plugged it in. I was horrified to see that the screen had what looked like a spider crack on the inner part. The outside glass was fine. I did absolutely nothing wrong to it.

I took the TV back. Not to get my money back but for an exchange to a TV that wasn't damaged. I was told by the manager of the Northeast Philadelphia store that it could not be returned and there was nothing they could do. So apparently Best Buy can sell you a broken television and you have no choice but to eat the money. I don't understand how this is not theft or fraud. If I bought the TV from a person it sure would be. This would mean if an unfortunate accident happens to a television at the factory and it is damaged, the manufacturer has no reason to fix the TV or throw it away, because some poor consumer is going to be stuck with it anyway. So basically I feel that Best Buy has stolen $1,000 off of a disabled war veteran.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Ordered a cellphone on 6/6 two days shipping 6/8. Called and was told it should be sent out on time. Item was delayed and now I will not get the item until 6/11. Poor customer communication and if you can't deliver as advertise you should overnight the phone. Not make customers wait for something they paid for.

Original review: June 8, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM Best Buy!!! I ordered a television set 65" Samsung HDTV paid for online and scheduled delivery. Took all afternoon off work 11-5 pm waiting for TV. It arrives completely broken as if someone deliberately took a wrench several times into the box, through the hole you can TV a broken screen. The delivery company didn't even take it off the truck. They explained politely that the Best Buy warehouse deliberately sent it that way. Even after the delivery company pointed out the broken TV to them prior to loading it on the truck, Best Buy warehouse said- take it to them this way anyway- unbelievable.

Called Best Buy to report this. They said they can't do anything other than cancel the order. No one will be looking into this they said- complete disrespect for the consumer's time and business. Never again will this garbage of a company receive our business- blatant scammers!!! Stay away from them! Never purchase Best Buy ever!!! Best Buy scam!

Best Buy Company Information