2. Shopping

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5
Based on 2,518 ratings submitted in the last year

Best Buy Shop Now

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Best Buy Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

It is the offer of a one year tech support of computer, and other electronic devices for $200 that got me into the Best Buy stores. In one trip to the store they upgraded 3 computers, two phones, and one Samsung pad. If I had gone to another place I would have paid much more to have all that done. While I was waiting I saw they had an area for open box appliances. I checked it out because I needed a new refrigerator and washer. The open box prices were so good I bought both appliances. I used the tech support for all my appliances for 2019 and saved hundreds of dollars. It has been so good that I renewed for 2020 and have recommended it to my friends. I have also gotten a new ring camera for outside and a new fitbit tracker. The Geek help is especially good for us seniors who are not as tech savvy. It saves us the embarrassment of having to have to ask our kids.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Best Buy, for the last several years, has been the only true electronics and appliance store that still has a brick and mortar retail presence. It used to be that there were quite a few choices in this area, with Good Guys, Circuit City, etc. Now, there really is only Best Buy if you want to get in the car and walk into a store to shop for your items in person, which I happen to love. If I'm buying a 750 Camera, I want to see it in person, hold it, ask about it. Same with a computer, or dishwasher. The prices at Best Buy are fair and competitive and the sales staff is VERY knowledgeable. And, of course, there is the Geek Squad. They installed my last home theatre system and did a FANTASTIC job. Top level service and support all the way around. So, if you want to deal with an actual person and you want to see and hear the electronics you are buying BEFORE you buy them, then you really do want to give Best Buy a look. I've never been disappointed.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We bought 2 Samsung active watches open box. Both said excellent condition and no missing pieces. When we got the watches home they synced seamlessly to our phones and seemed to be a great product until I went to charge them. Neither device would charge no matter how many things we tried. So we returned to the store expecting a Geek Squad employee to show us what we were doing wrong, but it turned out one of the chargers was defective and one of the watches was defective.

At this point my expectation would be for them to allow a return of the defective devices and we would be left starting over to find a good deal on these watches. Instead we were able to combine the defective pieces into one box and keep the pieces that work in another. Already, amazing customer service. Then they allowed us to swap the defective open box watch with a brand new one. Best Buy has put me in the holiday spirit, I couldn't be more happy with the service. It is tough to get out of the house and do brick and mortar shopping with all my kids, but Best Buy continues to make it worth it every time. Thank you Best Buy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

For 5935 S Wadsworth Store in Littleton. My 70 year old neighbor was having a terrible time with kitchen appliances order. Best Buy had computer glitch which did not record her order. Took a week to straighten that out, reverse credit card charges etc, but a week later order was complete. Measuring crew came out, told my friend that a cabinet cutting crew was needed to install double oven. She told Best Buy appliance manager that but install company sent same measuring crew out. Frustrating.

Took a week to get right crew out. Then credit card bill came and neighbor was charged twice for order. We went to store, asked to see manager and ** came out, listened to our issues and took bull by the horns. She spent 20 minutes on phone with bank who were NOT helpful and also with Best Buy's tech support. Straightened out all the issues, talked to her appliance manager about how to improve his performance (new guy) and got my friend a nice $ credit for her troubles and 2 week earlier delivery of her refrigerator. ** made a potentially disastrous situation into a positive one. Better hold onto her, Best Buy. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My husband purchased an unlocked Samsung phone at the Anderson, SC store#520 at 3601 Clemson Blvd for me. After trying to activate my service with the Sim card it was discovered that the phone would not connect to the network no matter what was tried. We also contacted Samsung to no avail. So after 3+ hours of different attempts I returned to the Best Buy store and spoke to ** a supervisor about my problem. He willingly exchanged my phone for a new one as well as updating the phone prior to installing the Sim card. He spent a good amount of time with me, never making me feel as if I was taking up too much of his time and when it was updated he installed the sim card and made sure the phone was in perfect operating order before I left. I am extremely impressed with ** professionalism and patience in going above and beyond in a very difficult and confusing situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: May 31, 2020

Best Buy lies to their customers that ask for "Unlocked Phones". They gladly sold me an "UNLOCKED" I-Phone XS Max and took my money. I find out while trying to switch carriers that my phone was actually locked to the first carrier used on the phone to be T-Mobile that is useless for unlocking. T-Mobile is my other review of terribleness. This phone was purchased at the Bel Air Maryland Best Buy. Bridges were burned with both T-Mobile and Best Buy with this experience being that they cost me quite a bit of money!

Original review: May 30, 2020

IN last 2 months 95% of everything I have needed to work on computers for my office have not been in stock at store - available in three days - Just what I want to do - listen to a screaming APC at my workstation for three days or look at a blank monitor while needing an SSD drive. Worthless for business.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have been dealing with Best Buy on an appliance installation that has been over a year now. I bought all new kitchen appliances from Best Buy. I hired them to do the install for wall oven, dishwasher, cooktop and wall microwave. Best Buy hired a third part vendor to install the appliances. Instead of accepting the responsibility now I am dealing with Best Buy and the third party on the damages down to my home. The installer never covered my floor and dolly and pushed appliances back and forth all over my hard work causing damages. The vendor had me pay additional $450 to retro fit the wall oven in return they damaged the plat form, cabinets, trim and improper installation. I would recommend of never using Best Buy for any appliance installation. I think I would have been better off of finding my own contractor.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I purchased a laptop from the Best Buy and it had a problem of not shutting down at all. After a a few months, I decided to have it fixed as it was still under warranty. Best Buy sent it to the Geek Squad to have it fixed. The Geek Squad told me an estimate that was three times higher than the price of my laptop saying the warranty is void as there was some water entered inside the laptop. Even though I told them the problem is from day one, but they say I still have to pay or they will send it back without fixing it. I asked them to return it back to me. As the days gone by and I was using the laptop as is, without shutting it down and finally one day the problem was fixed by itself and now I am able to shut down my laptop. I never expected this kind of service from Geek Squad or the Best Buy.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Do not order anything on Best Buy for home delivery! I ordered a fridge 2 weeks ago for delivery a week ago. I've had my delivery rescheduled 5 times. Now when I try to reschedule on the website, it doesn't give me any days before September. Also, their chat and phone wait times are over an hour. If I knew this, I would have bought a fridge somewhere else. I will never shop at best buy again.

Best Buy Company Information