2. Shopping

Best Buy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 2,137 ratings submitted in the last year

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I will tell you honestly I can not stand "marketplace" and will never buy a thing from there, but BestBuy is my go-to place for all electronics. These people truly THE BEST!!! I have many examples of why I chose this company but I will write here about this laptop. First, where can you buy a brand new not refurbished Asus VivoBook 15.6 FHD, i5, 16Gb, 512GB SSD for $699??? I see that it was stated "delivery same or next day" that's why I bought it, I didn't expect it to be real same-day delivery.

Next, I placed my order shortly after midnight on Sunday, February 7, exactly 12:15 AM. My order was packed, moved to Purolator by 8 AM same day Sunday. By 10 AM it was shipped and on the vehicle for delivery!!! We are talking about Canada and Sunday here, these two things never have "open/working/delivery" words combined together. If there is any other company that does the same service message me I want to know, otherwise this is truly magic! I feel that this is TRUE 21st CENTURY SHOPPING. Thank you, Best Buy!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Fast shipping speed on every game I play! Ready to use out of the box, so glad my first pc I bought was on Best Buy! If anyone is looking for Fortnite or Call of Duty game titles or any game really this the pc you guys should buy and it should be from Best Buy.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Their staff always knows their stuff, they stopped me from going home with a wrong computer part I had picked for myself and they gave me the better one that was compatible. Always a great experience here and they have a little bit of everything. I also like the fact that they will repair your computer here.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I recently bought a new computer from the Bestbuy.ca website which was sold by TechReset located in Mississauga. The computer was a great price, through research I found it was at least $100 dollars less than other sites I visited. After it was shipped I received my order the next day as we said when I contacted Techrest via phone. It was a refurbished computer but when I received it it looked like it was new. It works great and is smooth and fast. It came with everything to just plug it in and connect it to a monitor or tv and use it. Windows 10 pro 64 bit came installed with it as well. It came with a corded mouse and corded keyboard. For what I was looking for this was a great unbeatable deal. I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend the Best Buy website for buying a refurbished computer from TechReset.

The person I talked with on the phone from Techreset was friendly, honest and knowledgeable, I asked a few questions about the shipping times and about the prices. He tried to find out the answers for my questions and one of them he said he cannot answer and pointed me in the right direction to the BestBuy website customer service for an answer. He didn't send me in a wild goose chase as some other places have when asking questions that they could not answer. I feel that they are trustworthy and honest from this interaction. In the future if or when I plan to buy another computer this is where I'll be checking first. For what I bought this was a pleasant and easy purchase. I have recommended this site to a few friends that were currently looking to buy a upgraded computer but didn't want to pay a fortune.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I waited in line outside of Best Buy for 3 hours because of the new COVID-19 rules. When I got to the front the laptop I wanted was sold out so they gave me the better version of it for the same price. The laptop was a Acer Nitro 7. Best laptop I have ever owned. They did a really nice thing for me and put the customer first.

Original review: April 13, 2021

We attempted to purchase a product that was on sale online but due to technical difficulties the sale did not go through. I went to a store location the following morning and they would not honor the sale price. I have been a customer since 1990 and that ends today!

Original review: April 12, 2021

I tried several times to order a cell that was advertised and each time the order was canceled. Customer non-service promised to take care of the issue but never successfully did. Numerous times the agent left me hanging on the phone for 30 minutes plus never coming back to resolve the issue. Horrible non-service from a national company.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Went to Best buy 2 weeks ago and purchased an LG fridge/freezer for a little over $2,900. Due to covid they did not have it at the store so we had to wait for delivery. We get a call saying they will be here early and that is great. The last items a washer and dryer was to be delivered between 12 and 6 and they got a flat and it did not show up until 9 p.m. There was a big dent on the items so told them, "No, we will call and see what they can do." They had us reorder. Yet again another flat and they were late. When they hooked them up they had started it on test to make sure it worked it made loud noises. They left and we called again. They said, "We can order another pair." We said, "No. This brand obviously is not going to work" so they agreed to have us come to store and pick another pair which was cheaper. That showed up a little late due to another flat on the truck but washer and dryer looked good and worked.

Flash forward to our LG fridge/ freezer. They have us unhook our old fridge/freezer while they get the new one out. They come back and say, "You might want to look at this." I go out and there is not one side not destroyed! I have pictures of dents and scratches all over it and not little dents. Also the compressor area on the back is shoved in and ripped away at the bottom. Said no and they said, "We did not do it." We do not know how it gets to us this way but it happens with every order we have ordered. They load it back on truck and say we will call out boss and let him know. I call best buy and they say, "There is nothing we can do." The only notes on the account is not delivered. We can not even order a new one at this time. We have to wait for it to be dropped back off which maybe tonight or tomorrow. Frustration and disappointment.

Waited 2 weeks and they have had our money this two weeks as well. They took the money the day we placed the order on the 20th of March. We now have to wait even longer and right now not even sure how much longer. They have the money and we have nothing to show for it. Plus the work of disconnecting our own fridge and unloading it to have to reload it again because we do not have another fridge. I would suggest not ordering large appliances from best buy and having them deliver it. I would just stay away from buying any large items from them.

Resolution response: March 31, 2021

The last review here I did was on Cristina ** regarding not getting her responses from mid March 2021 on; but 'today;' she finally got back to me, via email, and resolved the issue at the same time. Kudos to Cristina! :)

Original review: March 27, 2021

I talked to a CS Manager, Cristina **, back in early March 2021 trying resolve an issue with Best Buy as I was trying to turn in Epson colored and black cartridges and was told will be no issue of getting refunded or credit. I went into the store and learned Best Buy can only credit with a store card, no refunds. I called back Cristina ** on this why she told me as I normally don't shop at Best Buy as much. She then was empathising with me then said will send me a $50 check but then realized that would help buy my next purchase being I have to use the store credit card anyway which I did end up buying the item from Best Buy few days later.

I called back Cristina to see if she meant it as I didn't see the check and had attempted calling her few more times and she NEVER would return my call anymore. What kind of Customer Service Manager do you get when someone suppose to be a 'good leader' as to whether they keep their word which she didn't. I wanted to make sure I heard her right when I called her back. She's not the manager people would think if she doesn't call back people to still get it completely resolved but to let the customer deal with it and ignore them is what she did. What supervisor would do that to their customers and on top lie to their customers about getting a refund?

Original review: March 26, 2021

In April 2020, purchased a three piece INSIGNIA (dishwasher, stove and Fridge) appliance set, on March 11 /2021, my dishwasher broke down, I called Bestbuy Geek Squad that day yet, it took 7 days to create an account for me and now 15 days later, I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE to schedule an in-home service call, my Warranty will expire in April. This will be our last ever purchase from Bestbuy.

Best Buy Company Information