3.8/5 (2230 ratings)

About Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: March 21, 2022

My order was cancelled by another store. I was extremely upset and she and her helper were amazing for my husband and I. She looked for the appliances I wanted. Not available, she helped find us new ones. Parmeet was wonderful..

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I was having a bad experience at the Tech Service Desk. I have the Tech Service contract and had received online notification my PC work was complete and it was ready for pickup. The Tech rep told me that my PC work had never been started!! For several reasons this was my sixth visit to the Beaumont store in two days, so I was very upset! I went about the store hunting for the manager I had dealt with before.

Matt ** in the PC sales noticed my irritation and search and stopped to assist. He went back to the Tech desk and found a complete misunderstanding had taken place. The Tech rep had not thoroughly checked for my job; but Matt did and saved the day! In my opinion after 48 years in business myself, you have a winner in Matt. He appears to me a natural at conflict resolution. And he has that willingness to step up for the customer even when the work is not in his area. Employees like Matt ** are hard to find and can do greater things for Best Buy.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Try it out. It is fun to use and is good for gaming. Has cool lights everything. I recommend it to you. When I used it for the first time I was really happy and I still am. I wish I had the money to add to it maybe like a better graphics card.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Yesterday my grandson and I were in the Best Buy in Mission Viejo, CA buying him an Apple tablet. He's 8 years old. The salesgirl whose name I didn't get, Noah in the Geek Squad and Mo the manager all exceeded my expectations. The girl was so upbeat, helpful and professional, Noah was amazingly patient and pleasant as he set up the device for use and Mo, the manager called to help me with a purchasing issue, was also upbeat and professional. I hope that Best Buy is good to their employees because those 3 people gave me an excellent opinion of Best Buy and because of them I will definitely shop there again.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Purchased electric stove from Nancy ** in the Mays landing New Jersey store. She was very knowledgeable and very helpful. It was a real pleasure to deal with her. She made shopping fast and easy. Every salesperson should be this knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you Nancy!!!!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I called the store looking to speak with someone with some product knowledge for guidance/advice on selecting an electronic product purchase. Best Buy no longer allows people to call the store directly. The only way to receive product guidance is to go into a store (I live hours from a store) or chat with someone over their website. This is extremely disappointing. It should be common practice to have people available to chat on the phone regarding products. I have specific needs and am finding shopping through so many options very overwhelming and chatting with a sales associate with some knowledge would save me a huge amount of stress. Best Buy is not customer oriented.

Original review: June 24, 2022

have purchased Very high end Fridge from the Best Buy and Purchased 5 year warranty from Geek Squad which was arranged by Best Buy. My Fridge is down Since Jan 2022. They are not fixing, not proving any kind of customer service. Every time I call, Rep has no authorities except memorized answers. Managers are not available every time call them, They do not have proper Appliances Service providers, Do not follow any Schedule, No one come when at schedule time and suddenly show up two people and they have no idea why they come, technician do not update system after home visit. Every time I call them, I have to start from zero, Two times they close claims without providing service or resolving the issues. I insisted to talk to Manager and REP hang up phone.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I am a returning Best Buy customer of many years and a member of Geek Squad. I am also legally blind. I had a simple question – when returning an old computer for recycling, could Best Buy remove the hard drive for me? I called the 866 number, listened through the menus, and got to the point where I was being transferred to customer service. Which took me back to the original menu. Over and over. So I tried the local store (Vancouver) number and got the same menus and again rather than the transfer going through to customer service, I was recycled back to the first menu again.

I selected a variety of menu options repeatedly, but every single one referred me to the website or chat line. Because I am legally blind, I can't see to use chat line – I need to speak to a real human being. But customer service was impossible to access. (One option I chose just produced a dial tone so I had to start all over again.) Best Buy needs to get enlightened, as most companies are. Visually challenged people may spend as much (or even more) at Best Buy, but usually cannot use chat line or website info and need to speak to someone. We deserve respect, too. After more than 3/4 hour I reached a real person by going to the products return option. She answered my question in mere seconds.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I purchased a TV 6/4, delivery scheduled for 6/9, missed work & TV arrived. It was defective.. Installers took TV back, never told BB what happen, never got a call apologizing for inconvenience. I myself had to make several calls to inform BB what happen and to try to get issue resolved, after those several calls I was told they could not help or give any computation & told instructed to go to store, store mgr schedules delivery for 6/11 so Therefore I plan accordingly once again to later receive another message saying date changed to 6/23.. So after all phone calls and having to miss work no one could help or issue me any type of credit or apology.. Worst service ever.. Never will I buy another Tv from Best Buy!!

Original review: May 12, 2022

*** RISK TO SAFETY OF FAMILY/FIRE HAZARD INSTALL*** First off, our sales rep was amazing but the contractor assigned for the installation has caused major damage to our house. Recently had an oven installed and it did not go well. The oven smoked up the house, the contractor left paper attached to the oven, damaged the wall, and shoddy wirework. The installation is a fire hazard and not up to code. The contactor damaged the stovetop and oven. They are a fire hazard until electrical and drywall are repaired. The unit was damaged upon installation. The contractor wired it incorrectly and the oven smoked and popped. He pulled out the oven and redid the wires but the damage had been done. He said BestBuy will cover the replacement.

How could he leave the job knowing this could be a fire hazard? It's infuriating to think the house could have burnt down because of the faulty installation. The unit is on backorder until July. We (a family of 4) need to figure out how to make meals while we wait for repairs and the replacements. To file a claim we have to process with Sedgwick Claims Management Services, which has been a nightmare. It took a week calling multiple times a day to get contacted. I did eventually get an email but be ready to deal with a slow process. I am awaiting a response and would like to work toward a resolution.

Best Buy Company Information