Best Buy
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Best Buy

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

3320 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I ordered a TV and it was scheduled today. I went in to check on the status and the delivery was canceled. I took a day off of work to be here to have this done. A day without pay and they just canceled it. No phone call, no email, if I would not have checked the status I would of waited here all day or at least a half of a day. This just cost me a day's pay.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased an LG 5.7 top load washer and wanted to exchange it 16 days later. I was told return policy is 15 days and is subject to restocking fees. I wanted to exchange for a more expensive front loader and purchase the matching dryer. I was told to go to the store and ask the manager if he will do it. However, I purchased the item online. Awful customer service policy and customer service. I will take my business for big ticket items elsewhere.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased a Samsung 5 inch smart TV 2 1/2 years ago for $2400. I also purchase a extended warranty for $400+. I now have a bright light bleed into the picture on both sides of the screen. I spoke with Best Buy about repair. They sent a tech to fix the problem at my house. The tech said he could not repair the problem. He spoke with person who said it was not covered by the extended warranty (how could that be). He escalated it to "GeekSquad".

The manager and 3 GeekSquad team members all said they have never heard of that. They called and said I was to call GeekSquad at 866 613 9853 and was given a work order ** I was to call and I would receive a new TV. I was then told it was not under warranty and I would not be given a new TV. I then spoke with Frank who escalated it again with case #** and was told he had never heard of that and I would not get a new TV.

Today I went to the store and met with the GM who again never heard of that clause and could not believe that I was being treated this way. He is escalating the issue again. How many people do I have to talk to to get a fair response!!! Unless this is fixed I will never enter a Best Buy store again as well as purchase another Samsung product. If nothing else they should at least repay my extended warranty for $499.99. Also, my wife is a very large purchaser of appliances and electronics for a major company that will be lost by BB. Perhaps on my next car they will not cover the a/c or headlights!!! WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Was in the store Friday and the MacBook was 1199.99. The guy tried to sell the extended warranty too much it got on my nerves and said Sunday starts Black Friday and said they will probably have a deal something free with it or a GC. We go today which is Sunday. Deal with a different salesperson but also trying to push the extended warranty. Told them I'm not interested. Still wouldn't shut up about it, but also the price went up to 1299.99. Saw the guy I dealt with Friday and asked why the price went up and why he didn't tell it was gonna and his excuse was he didn't know. I don't like the way they do business by pushing the extended warranty and making it seem like Black Friday prices are gonna be better meanwhile it went up a $100 so needless to say I won't be purchasing a MacBook from them or anything for that matter!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Were it not for the guidelines, I am not even giving this store a single star and here's why: I bought an LG 60-inch TV on 11/171/7. I originally paid for professional installation; delivery was advertised as free. Shortly (about 1.5 hours later) after paying for the $199.99 installation fee and an additional $99.99 because it was going to be installed above a fireplace, my husband and I changed our minds about the $300 we needed to fork out. We opted to go with our handyman who was going to charge us $37/hour to perform this installation and guaranteeing his work for life. Consequently, my husband and I went back to the store to cancel the installation and opted to pick up the TV instead.

On 11/18/17, my handyman was in the process of installing the TV and discovered the cracked screen. My husband and I had to bring the TV back to this store with the goal of obtaining an intact unit. While in the customer service line (at about 11 am on 11/181/7) and after explaining the situation to the female customer service person, I handed her the two receipts I had on the transactions the day prior. One receipt was the payment for the purchase of the TV as well as the installation package. The other receipt was for the cancellation of the installation package as well as the indication that we opted for a store pick-up of the TV versus having it delivered for free.

This female customer service representative pompously stated: "So you've returned your TV three times already?" I can only surmise she was basing this statement on the fact I handed her two receipts. This statement led me to believe she did not hear a word I said and came to her own incredulous conclusions based on the two receipts or WORSE, based on the fact that I'm Asian??? I snapped back that if she would look at the receipts, it would indicate I took receipt of the TV the day prior and was bringing it back because it was a defective unit. She was then on her radio to address my concerns with the appropriate department and after her exchange with someone on the other end, she stated the person will be over with a replacement unit.

I then asked this female what Best Buy intended to do for my troubles and inconvenience, she stated it was the manager taking care of the exchange and will be taking care of my question as well. Fast forward to the Asst. Manager, John **, taking care of the exchange. This time around, my husband and I decided we were going to inspect this unit before taking it back home. It was an intact unit and at the end of this process, I asked John what he was going to do for our troubles and inconvenience, he stated he already exchanged the defective unit.

He added he does not do anything for these situations because it was not done on purpose. Mind you - John made this statement after I waited for him to even apologize for the inconvenience. I did not even get as much as an apology which in my 15 years of experience in the customer service field is the first rule of thumb - customers are always right! The only statement that came to my mind to respond with was: "So I guess I'm just SOL (** out of luck)!" To which John responded with: "I guess you are." I retorted back with: "I guess you leave me with no other option than to post a negative review of this entire encounter!"

What bewilders me is the fact that this store (or any business for that matter) makes money off of customers' purchases. It appears to me that my experience today, as well as my negative impression from the overwhelmingly poor and negative reviews on this store, leads me to believe the owners of this particular branch of Best Buy does not really care about regular flow of business nor of repeat customers! This branch can count on I, for one, to take my business elsewhere. I will also ensure I repeat my story to anyone who would care to listen - there is POWER in word of mouth advertising!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I bought a TV from BestBuy.com. Delivery was 7 days later than promised when I made the order. Upon deliver I discovered 4 parts missing. The TV was a Samsung and it appears the manufacturer omitted the parts. When I called Best Buy I was switched to 6 different people; the 6th person barely spoke English and could not be understood. BB hung up on me. I called back; had to wait 15 minutes; was transferred to the wrong department; they told me the TV was in transit; I told them it was in my living room and 4 parts were missing. I asked them if they could either send them or I would pick up the parts at the nearest BB store. So far I have been on the telephone over 60 minutes and still no resolution.

BB said I should lug the Samsung 65 inch TV to a BB store and exchange it. A simpler solution would have been to send the parts or arrange for me to pick up the parts at a BB store. There is no customer service when you use BestBuy.com. Another problem, the box had been opened and resealed with cellophane tape. I paid for a new TV sets--not one in a resealed carton. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I ordered a Wireless/wired Razer Mamba mouse for 75 bucks on 11/13/17 and received the wired only one on 11/16/17. I knew I would get the wrong one because the wired one is around 75 bucks and the other one I wanted is around 110 but the guy the Southfield MI store rung me up for 75 bucks. Terrible system Best Buy has. Now I have to waste more gas just to return their item.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased a refurbished iPhone 6 from a vendor under the Best Buy banner. 2 1/2 weeks later I had a problem with the phone. I contacted Best Buy online and they forwarded my concern to Watch Vendor who promptly accused me of damaging it and voiding the warranty without any more information. I replied I was a senior citizen who barely even uses a phone and did not damage it. This went back and forth until they offered to send a battery and tools so I could repair it! It was not the battery. Best Buy just kept delaying their help and now Watch Vendor said no warranty since the time limit has passed. I will never support Best Buy again. I have written letters to the President and Vice President so will see if they have any concerns about their dismal customer service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Ordered a new TV and set up a delivery to my home, all I asked for was to have the delivery man take away my old TV, which was paid for, and take the new TV out of the box and put it on the table, as was in the order. The delivery man said he couldn't do this and would only take the old one out and take the new one out of the box but wouldn't lift it 3 feet and put on a table, and since I have a bad back, I couldn't lift it myself, but that doesn't make a difference to Best Buy, but for $49.99, they would. I made a mistake 5 years ago buying something from Best Buy and swore I would never do it again, but I did and the results were the same. Best Buy doesn't care about their customers at all. So I had the delivery men take it back, and at that point have never received so much disrespect from Marcus, the delivery person, in my life.

So then I call the customer service center and basically, they said, "Yeah tough, we'll refund your order in 5 to 7 business days," and that was it, not recourse, not "sorry our delivery person was so rude," nothing. Guess bottom line is to NEVER buy anything at Best Buy and looking at all the other complaints and all the one star ratings, that I am not alone. No wonder they are closing stores. So, NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING AT BEST BUY NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE because if anything goes wrong, you are on your own.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My parents (in their mid-70's), went in to replace a 10 year old TV that was starting to fail. They selected a Samsung which was on sale prior to arriving at the store. This was a 4K TV on sale for $749. When they left the store, they walked out with a bill of almost $2,000! I asked them what they had purchased, and they said the salesperson said they needed a new DVD player, a new sound bar, and talked them into a service contract, and delivery/setup, and a bunch of other useless trinkets. They know nothing about technology & already had a decent sound bar, and DVD (not 4K, but so what). Be very careful - unless you know what you are talking about, the sale-people will sell you everything they possibly can, most of which you don't need or will never use. If you have elderly parents/friends or know someone that knows nothing about technology, they will likely be taken advantage of.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Best Buy obviously wants a customer to pay for the Geek Squad. Because I cannot get customer service on the phone. I am put on hold for minutes. When I get an agent I am put on hold again. I am told my wait time is 10 minutes. How is that any service?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I walked in to Best Buy in September 2016 (West Covina) to purchase a Washer & Dryer. I told the sales person (Manager) that I wanted to purchase the items from Best Buy because my Refrigerator was with them and the Geek Squad was very helpful plus I needed to keep all my warranties in a roll because of my age. When I got home I was putting my paperwork in the Best Buy Folder when I noticed that contract did not have a name. It was a blank paper just with the items purchased. I immediately called the store and asked for the manager. He informed me that Pacific Sales was one and the same and was converting over to Best Buy. I have the email to prove it. A year to the date my washer and dryer broke, it took me from 9:00 A.M. until 3:00 to get someone to make a service appointment.

I called Geek Squad on 9/18/2017 to have my washer service again but was told that I did not have a service contract with them. It was purchased a year prior but cancelled the next day. No one was able to tell me who cancelled it. I called Best Buy and asked to speak to the Manager who according to Jesse was not in, I explained the situation to Jesse who knew exactly who I was talking about. I asked Jesse to have the Manager(James) give me a call. To this date I have not received a call.

I walked in to Best Buy with a printout from their website not Pacific Sales to purchase my Washer & Dryer. To this date they keep telling me that they are updating their computers to reflect Best Buy and not Pacific Sales. I called the Corp. Office (888-237-8289) on 9-18-17, 9-25-17 to file a complaint. To this date I have not received a respond or a call. BEST BUY DOES NOT CARE FOR THE CONSUMER.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a microwave from them 3 months ago and it has already stopped working. I took it back to the store and ask them to exchange for the same microwave as it was not working after only 3 months. The response was that there was nothing they could do. I would have to contact the manufacturer and deal with them about it. I could understand if it had been several months and maybe even more than 6 months, but 3!!! As a big nationwide company, they should at least back the products they sale in instances like this. I was not scamming or trying get one over, simply just an even trade for a working one. Not only is it the hassle of dealing with the manufacturer, it also means I will not have a microwave till the issue is resolved with them. I'm sure I'm like most people and utilize a microwave frequently with 3 kids and going without one is just not that acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a computer as a gift for my mom who is fighting colon cancer in Europe. I bought it as brand new not an open item. I did not open it as it was a gift and you do not expect that a brand new computer would have a damage. I visited her for a month and stayed with her during the chemo. I was already feeling horrible and hurt that I could not stay and fight with her and be there during the radiation but I got her a computer so I can see her every day through it. When she opened it the computer was damaged on the corner and kept disconnecting.

It was embarrassing to show up with a broken gift but then when I got back and took it to Best Buy they told me it's past 30 days and they can't do anything. They did not care that I had a flight ticket to show the dates I was out of the country. They gave me a number to call and walked away. When I called the number the girl told me she can't do anything and just hanged up. I paid for a brand new computer but I got a broken one and they did not care. They do not care about opening packages when people return them to see if things are in order. They are lazy and not helpful at all.

DO NOT BUY from them. I WILL NOT STEP A FOOT in their stores or purchase anything from them anymore. My husband had account and we bought everything there because we thought it was a better quality and service. They proved me wrong and I am the first advocate to send you anywhere but there. You have so many online options with amazing customer service and humans with great hearts that are not evil like your Best Buy staff and managers when you are personally fighting battles. It is also much cheaper online, do not be fooled like me and buy from them more expensive because it's not worth it. They will also not sell you old or broken things ever because they CARE!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Bought the new Nokia 3310, returned it after trying it out and they charged me a $35.00 "restocking fee!" On a $59.00 phone! I'll never shop there again and will recommend no one else does either. Wait and get your stuff on AMAZON or any place with customer service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Cannot get a live human being on the phone to save my soul. Can't figure out how to email or call with them through their website although I have an account and signed in. I tried calling my "local" store's phone number and it's just a generic follow-the-prompts number that keeps you going in circles with automated messages. I found an extension # online to try along with the phone number (NOT from Best Buy but from a consumer website) and lo... someone picked up the phone. I asked him politely for "tv-s" and he transferred me, the extension started ringing. It rang and rang and rang, no one ever picked up and finally I got cut off.

I called back my "local" store number again, followed the prompts again and keyed in the 4 digit extension where the guy had picked up before but this time it just rang and rang, no one picked up and then I was cut off again. All I wanted to know was if a certain TV I saw online was in stock at the local store because it's a pretty far drive for me. I intended to go down and buy it if it was, and if not, I figured I'd order it. But after all this, and reading other customers' complaints of having no way - no how to contact a live human at Best Buy, I figure I'll just write a nasty review and go buy the stupid TV at Walmart.

Say what you want about Walmart (electronics - my niece says never to buy any from them) -- the local store always answers the phone and transfers you to a live person in your desired department, you can also easily reach them online. If you have any problems with your purchase they're easy to contact or speak to in person because there's one in every town, practically. They're helpful, almost always take responsibility for any product problems, fix the issue quickly or give you a full refund. My sister got a refund on a juicer machine without having the box or the receipt because she used her debit card to buy it so they quickly tracked the purchase and gave her a full refund.

I got an easy refund one time on a little stereo I bought... plus $20.00 on top of that because the stereo had been marked down $20 since I'd bought it. Go figure. But again, refunds are not really the issue here. It's good, old fashioned customer service. I can imagine the nightmare if I buy this TV from Best Buy and there's some product issue -- trying to resolve it when there's no way to contact anyone online or by phone -- even when I have no problems and just want to check store availability. If this is how they treat their customers and prospective customers then I don't want anything to do with them. I can't even leave my review/issue on their website and hope for an insincere, phone e-reply. It's like once they make a physical sale they want nothing else to do with you. Hit and run retail. I'm cancelling my online account and I'll never buy anything from them again. How are they even still in business? Go to Walmart, America.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I returned a tv. After taxes and extras the amount was $962.98. The return was credited back to a bank Visa debit card. I closed that account a few days earlier before I realized I would be returning the tv. I asked the store for cash. They said it went against their policy. I looked into selling the card privately. The best offer I received was $600. That's more than a $300 loss. Also while in store talking to customer service he swiped the card, it read error, this after 3 more attempts at other places to swipe. Now I'm told if I scratch off silver back to see if there's a balance a private buyer wouldn't purchase the card. I verified this with a few potential private buyers. My head was spinning.

Finally I just went ahead and bought a laptop in an accessory to end the anxiety I was suffering. I had other plans for that nearly $1,000!!! Also the sales people are not equipped to answer Geek Squad kind of questions. So it's double my time. First the purchase selection and then the overview with Geek Squad. Who by the way wanted to keep the laptop 4-5 days to set it up for me. So I left there with a brand new unusable Apple laptop.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

It's horrible how you are doing the delivery schedule for people. I spend 3 days off waiting for my stuff. I called the company several times always saying it is on the way never arrived. Finally checking my credit card did not approve that buy. I miss 3 days waiting. After months a bought a tv by internet, it was broken. I went to the store, customer care advise me to call first and ask for an appointment, I did. I went to the store 3 times and I called them 10 times with no solution. Finally I called again and customer service say sorry but is not warranty at all?? I'm super disappointed I never ever wanna buy anything in your shop. And even the people doesn't give good information on the phone. The delivery company is the worst ever. Try to working together better, because you gonna lose many customers!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I was purchasing an entire kitchen appliance package at Best Buy and planned on paying cash. I did not use credit cards and now I know why! With a Best Buy sales person selling us on reward points and cash back crap I was talked into applying for their credit card thinking I would just pay it off when I get the bill. Well I was approved for half so I did Best Buy credit and my debit card.

A week later I am notified that my credit score dropped 91 points because I went over my limit on my Best Buy card. Thinking that can’t be, let me call them. Well I was sadly informed of their practice. They put you over your limit as a courtesy. They ruined my credit and my first bill is not even due for another 2 weeks! They hire a 3rd Party from not even around here to deliver your appliances. Took them 3 times because first time they didn’t even have the decency to let us know we were not going to be getting our dishwasher. Second time they never called like they said before they showed up at my house. And then left before anyone could meet them. Third time they had my dishwasher sitting on my sidewalk. I would NEVER use Best Buy again for anything. I just pray I never have to use my insurance on my new appliance because they are nothing short of a nightmare!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I have been a customer of Best Buy for years. We buy all our electronics there. We decided to pre order the iPhone X. I paid with our Best Buy Credit Card. We received an email that the activity on our card was suspicious to confirm that we made the purchase so we did. Later that day I received an email that my order was canceled. So I call Best Buy and they tell me my card was “declined” therefore they canceled my order. Mind you the Citibank representative is also on the line and is telling them my account was on hold, not declined and if they can just redo the order.

At this point they are no longer selling unlocked iPhones so I have to purchase with the next plan which I don't want and the delivery date has changed to mid November. I would never trust Best Buy to pre order an item ever again. I ordered the item. I was going to pick it up in store where I'm sure you have to show an identification to pick up. What was suspicious about my purchase? Also Best Buy had plenty of time to require a different form of payment instead of canceling my order. Best Buy lost a faithful customer for sure. I should have just pre ordered at the Apple Store . I spoke to like 3 employees and no one was able to help or offer an explanation.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Best Buy is a horrible company, San Marcos warehouse manager Tim uses illegal people with no papers and is also using people with dirty criminal backgrounds and no driver's license as drivers. I tried complaining to corporate and up to this date he is still using people that are not suppose to be working there only for his own benefit.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was called a day before delivery and I specifically said I would be home between 4 and 8, and that was my delivery window. They called me at school while I was teaching at 2, saying they were almost to my place. I got to apartment at 4 and tried calling back 3 times, no response. Finally called Geek Squad and was told because I missed my appointment, they'd have to reschedule for another day and they didn't know when. Still waiting on my TV. First and last time buying a TV with Best Buy. Going with Amazon next time. Don't get home delivery with Best Buy, it's unreliable and they jerk you around on delivery time. I'd cancel order if I could...

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

3 years ago I purchased Samsung tablet from my Best Buy on the 46 in New Jersey, in Little Falls, I think. 2 years ago I purchased a Bluetooth Bose speaker to use with my tablet. Then I bought a memory card, all from Best Buy. This weekend I did the Android update. Since then my Bluetooth no longer works. After begging for a ride to Best Buy I was saddened to find they no longer had the Samsung table for help. After sending me to the geek squad, the girl there said I had to make an appointment for service. The manager told me to come the next day and SPEAK to a Samsung rep. After getting a ride there today, I was directed to a girl in Samsung shirt. After telling her my issue, she said I had to go to another town for service. I asked if she could take a peek at my tablet and she said customer service WAS NOT IN HER JOB DESCRIPTION.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I purchased an Apple Watch picked up on a Tuesday gave it a try just couldn't fall in love with it. Tuesday when I picked it up I asked the cashier who helped me. What if I don't like it, how many days do I have to return it, what are the policies etc. The gentleman said, "Just bring it back within 15 days. No problem." I returned the watch on Monday 6 days after picking it up. First the young lady Natalie I believe is her name, she was rude never made eye contact horrible customer service. Natalie immediately called someone "I have an Apple Watch return". Never looked at me explaining what she was doing. A second young guy came had no clue what he was doing. Natalie walked away to help someone else told the young guy, "You complete the return." I was explained by the young guy that a 35$ restocking fee would be added. I asked can you explain the restocking fee, he called a manager.

The manager was just as rude, he looked at me with a smirk and said "We Charge the 35 to everyone. Even I had to pay a restocking fee". I asked, "I just need you to explain what the fee is for?" He said, "What do you mean? It's a company policy." Extremely rude. I walked out very upset. I have been a loyal Best Buy customer for years bought all of my electronics from Best Buy. I could have gone anywhere to purchase my watch but I chose Best Buy because of their customer service. I am very disappointed at how bad the service has gotten and I assure you I will never return to Best Buy for anything else. The reps need to be given some training on good people skills and customer service, they have to remember, "No customers No job!" What happened Best Buy?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I was reminded again today of why I stopped shopping at Best Buy. I had stopped shopping there for years after being an avid customer for more than a decade. I purchased a security system with cameras etc. I wrongly assumed there was a 30 day return policy as with most every retailer I deal with. It's 14 days. Though it was my mistake I felt strongly they should have at least attempted to work with me. Store credit... something? The store is 50 miles from my home so getting back there is not convenient. But no. Now I have a $450 system I don't need. If this was the first bad experience I've had with Best Buy I probably wouldn't have said anything but the fact that over and over again they have proven they couldn't care less about a customer is just too much for me anymore. I'm sorry. What used to be a good store has deteriorated into the sorry excuse for a retailer they have become. I won't make the mistake of buying from them again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Avoid this company. Stay Far Away. They will accept any name and ship to any address when given a Credit Card Number. We have NOT shopped at any Best Buy in over Four Years. A mysterious charge showed up for an Apple iPad that was shipped to other than our address. We do not use any Apple Products. Check your credit card statements for Fraudulent Charges by Best Buy... Can you say FRAUDULENT CHARGES by the company called Best Buy... Should be called Worst Buy. We will Never Ever shop with this company again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I really like the service, the prices and the selection that I get from this particular Best Buy Store located at: 11301 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90064. I was in need of replacing my older laptop computer since it keeps getting heated up and shutting off on its own. When I arrived at the store, I went immediately to the department that can help me out best and met with ** who showed me their HP Models since I am a fan of HP and really trust that name for the most part!

Well, he found me a model that was not only affordable, but even came with a $65.00 trade in bring the price down to about $428.00 dollars and some change in which I thought was a good deal! I can always count on Best Buy in finding me only the best in Electronics and yes, they will Price Match Amazon which is also a good thing! I personally want to thank ** for providing me with outstanding customer service back on Friday, October 20, 2017.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I pre ordered a Pixel 2 from Best Buy a month ago and the launching day was October 19th. On October 18th I called Best Buy and ask them when would I receive my phone because I did not receive an email for my tracking number. The representative from Best Buy told me, "You will have the phone tomorrow on the 19th around 4 in the afternoon." I called Best Buy and the representative said that they're having a problem with Google and I should be getting the phone on the 20th so I waited until around 5 in the evening.

I called Best Buy again and this time a lady says that they have back order on the phones and I would not be getting the phone till the middle of November. Knowingly that Verizon had the phones in their stores on the 19th and Best Buy stores had few phones as well the promotion was for the pre-order to get a free home device and mini Google so I asked for supervisor to see if I can get the phone from Verizon store because they have it and if Best Buy will still send me my mini home device.

The supervisor said, "No you have to wait till the middle of November. Otherwise we will charge you for the free device" so I went next door to Verizon store in my city and I purchased the Pixel 2 from Google. I called Best Buy again and I asked them to cancel my order and told them it was their fault that I never received my phone on time and now I lost my pre-order gift. The representative Best Buy said, "Oh well. There's nothing I can do for you." Shame on Best Buy and their customer service since I've been a customer with them for the last 20-plus years. I would never purchase anything from Best Buy again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Buyers Beware!!! I have purchased 65in LG OLED TV in April 2017 from Best Buy in Wilmington Delaware. After 5 months of casual use of 2-4 hrs a day, watching various cable channels, the TV developed a slight ghost image, displaying a faint outline of a logo of Cable Networks. I have contacted the LG Service Department and they have sent an engineer to inspect the screen. Engineer diagnosed is as a image burn (just from casual use!!!), And advised me I should contact Customer Service. He informed me that while Image Burn isn't covered by warranty, the Customer Services have a ability to do something as a discretionary service.

After prolonged back and forth with LG representatives, I was bluntly told that LG will not stand by its product, and it will not repair or replace it, because they believe I have likely been sold an open box or a display unit (which it isn't according to my purchase invoice). So basically I have a 3000 USD TV, which is useless only after 5 months. I have contacted Best Buy and spoke to store manager to try to solve this problem. If the manufacturer won't help, maybe the store that sold it to me would, given that according to the manufacturer they sold me a used TV as a new one. No such luck. Managers in Wilmington store are rude and unhelpful. They openly admit they do have an ability to help with this, but it's to their discretion, and they simply just refuse to take back a 3000 USD dud they have sold me. They say it has been sold 5 months ago so they will not do anything with it.

Please do a research before buying any of LG TVs or using Best Buy as your retailer. Poor quality, and the company is an absolute nightmare to deal with in terms of repairs or returns. Not only they do not stand by their products, knowing full well they selling a dud, but they also treat they customers with disdain. Based of my personal experiences, and the amount of money this company cost me to date, it is my opinion that Best Buy should be avoided at all cost!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchased a "Lifeproof" cell phone case along with new phones on Aug. 18 2017. Soon after I started having issues with the buttons on the case. Now they won't work in the case at all. When contacting Best Buy I was informed that I only have 15 days to return anything to the store and must deal with the manufacturer. As far as I am concerned this is not acceptable, any other business gives at least 60 days to return defective items and if it was purchased on their store credit card, most give you 1 year. In all, Best Buy only cares about getting your money and NOT about service. Will never shop Best Buy AGAIN!!!

Best Buy Company Information