1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3769 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Best Buy is where I go to purchase all my electronics. So, imagine my surprise and disappointment when I went to renew my TOTAL TECH SUPPORT pkg. My coverage is about to expire, so I went in to the store with cash. Coverage with Webroot costs $199.00 for a year. So, I pulled out 2 $100.00 bills. They declined to take it. I was told that the purchase could only be made BY CREDIT CARD!!! What?!?

They attributed that to Webroot, which only accepts credit card payment. So, then I asked to pay just for the Geek Total Tech support. Again, this was declined. I was told that they cannot get past the credit card portion and are unable to ACCEPT CASH for this purchase. WHAT KIND OF FOOLISH BUSINESS MOVE IS THAT??? There are many customers who do not have a credit card. What??? Is cash no longer king?! So, all of you cash buyers beware, they will take your money for a purchase, but, then you will not be able to obtain the Geek Squad Total Tech protection!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Bought new TiVo box. In less than 30 days it will not power up. Best Buy return policy 15 days - (what a joke). All who read this Amazon Prime only way to shop, let’s all work together to put Best Buy out of business. Will never step foot in another one of these stores. If you decide to visit just open the door, toss them your cash & leave.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have never experienced a problem like this before in my life. Purchased an item online...did not come and they would not replace or refund. We have a camera at the door so we know it was not stolen at delivery. They keep asking for Additional days to look for item. 5 days has become 20 days. They tried to pass back to shipping company but they can’t find either. They won’t respond to specific questions within the email. I shop online all the time and have never experienced anything like this. They have lost a customer for life and this story will be shared. Shame on them in this day and age to fail so miserably on client problem resolution. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We purchased an exterior camera for our home, the sale was great and available at Home Depot, Best Buy and Lowe's, and we chose to order thru Best Buy. They accepted our order and said would ship soon, after that we did not get any shipping advice and we kept checking and one day on our order it shows as cancelled. Yet online there shows stock available. We contacted Best Buy to get this fixed and no response. And now item is not on sale anywhere, if they could not deliver they should have said so upfront and why can they not deliver when they in fact have stock. Communication is horrible and the lack of customer care is horrible and not supply customer with product is horrible.

I will never purchase anything at Best Buy anymore as there are lots of alternatives out there and I will recommend the same to my friends and business clients. It is now my mission to stop people from purchasing anything at Best Buy until such a time as they change policies and make things right with consumers. We have final vote and only through voting no at their cash register will we affect change. I have a email trail to support this claim as completely true and accurate should anyone need to see this which shows transactions, my efforts to communicate and price paid on sale and order acceptance etc. Come on Best Buy step up and be a good vendor.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I called to report my GE bottom freezer fridge died. I bought it from Best Buy in August 2017. I purchased a 3 year warranty on it. So after sitting on hold for 45 minutes I get someone named Nathan and he scheduled me for a Tuesday (3 days later) for service. I called in the afternoon because I wanted to make sure they were still on schedule! No. I have no scheduled service for this!!! I get a Supervisor Jessica and she tells me no service call is scheduled. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!!! THIS IS NOT ANY WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS!!! RUN FROM BEST BUY!!! Do not buy or get a service contract. I do not recommend this at all. So you have a house with no fridge for 8 days??? This is not acceptable.

I will also contact the BBB about this. I cannot say enough that this kind of service is a total waste of time. What are we all paying for if you cannot get service? To be forced into some contract that is worthless? I could have bought a new fridge and had it delivered and installed before the service department could even look at it. I am sure they will come and tell me "we don't have the parts or they will order a new fridge and it will be delivered in a week or two." Give me a break. A very, very, very unhappy customer. I would not buy again from this place!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Last night, 1-14-19, I went onto the Best Buy website to research laptops and printers. I went through multiple menus and selected the items. I wanted to purchase, placing them in my cart ready to purchase. I went through the menus to complete sale and set up delivery. Entered payment information only to be halted, pretty much at the very last step, the website telling me that my chosen password was not suitable, even though their own "security meter" read off the scale, I was still told that it was "unsuitable" and after all the time invested, I was unable to complete my sale.

I wanted to share my experience with Best Buy, so this morning, 1-15-19, I took the time to contact Best Buy by telephone. That in itself can be problematic for me as suffering with a neurological condition, I sometimes, with or without warning, I lose the ability to talk, but I wanted to proceed and share my experience. After all, without customer feedback, how can companies gauge how they are doing? I was passed off from different employees, 3 times. Had to endure a barrage of questions, even though I very clearly stated exactly what I was calling about and who I needed to speak with. One of the CSR's did not know, he stated as such, what CSM stands for!

After being on the TELEPHONE for 15 minutes, I finally was able to talk with a manager. At least she called herself a manager. Although, when I explained that I wanted to comment/complain about the experience both last night and so far this morning, instead of trying to seize the initiative, which as a CSM she should be more than capable of completing, she wanted to pass me off to someone else. I hung up! So, all in all, I still did not complete my purchase. I was not even able to share my experience, as far as I know. Finally, Best Buy lost a $1500+ sale last night and a future CUSTOMER going forward.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I purchased 9 televisions from Best Buy for a commercial application. I was offered a five year Geek Squad service/warranty for a very good price. I took the service contract. Within 3 weeks one of the televisions failed. I contacted Geek Squad to either have the TV replaced or repaired. When they arrived on site they told me that they would not service the television because it was mounted too high. I told them that the salesperson knew that it was a commercial application and nowhere in the agreement did it say anything about where the TVs were mounted or that it was my responsibility to get it to the floor.

They left. In about a week, parts arrived for repairing the TV. My salesperson said that he would take care of it. No one came out. I was promised that it would be fixed. Again, no one came out. I contacted the salesperson again but this time he stopped responding to me and only said that they would give me a refund. I have received a partial refund for the television but no one will come to either replace the TV or to fix it. What good is a repair contract if the company won't actually do any work or service?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

No customer service from an authorized dealer. I purchased my Viper remote start from the Phanzone but they are no longer an authorized Viper dealer. Now I just purchased an additional factory remote for my fully functional system but following Viper’s instructions the replacement remote fails to pair. Viper customer service said to go to an authorized dealer for help and since you are the only one in Sioux City but you refuse to help.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have a 12 year old car and for Christmas my family bought me a new car stereo with a prepaid installation package, for $180 on sale. They were assured that all I would have to do is make an appointment at a separate Best Buy location for the installation. Today (January 14) I called to schedule the installation, and was informed I must purchase specific "parts" for $200 first, and choose one of two dates in February and March for the appointment. I tried to call customer service at the Best Buy in West Hartford where the stereo was purchased, but no one answered the phone and after ten minutes, I hung up and drove there, unopened stereo with my name on a store pickup sticker on the box and the original receipt in hand.

First, they claimed I was at the wrong store location. I showed them the receipt. When I inquired about whether the parts had inadvertently been left out, I was informed that they were not included in the original "install package" and do indeed cost $200. I explained that I do not have $200 and my family was lead to believe that everything needed was paid for, having provided the year, make and model of my car to the salesperson. At that point I requested either a discount on the $200 parts or a refund for the stereo and install package. Randall in customer service said that all he could offer was an exception to the holiday return deadline that had passed 2 days earlier, and provide a store credit. I declined that offer and again requested a simple refund.

Randall repeated several times that he was making an exception for me - no apology, no acknowledgement of Best Buy's error, seemingly no comprehension that it makes no sense that I got a gift with hidden fees costing more than the gift itself, and he claimed to be "the current manager of this store." Another employee (Mike) then offered to contact a different level manager who was scheduled to arrive in an hour. Well, she was in a meeting, running late, etc. and finally one hour and 46 minutes later I got a call that she approved the refund I requested. Seriously - all of that time and trouble and arguing over one $180 stereo that I'm certain Best Buy could care less about, but was useless to me without spending another $200 that I don't have and that my family was not made aware was necessary. I have been a customer for 20 years. No more. Should rename the store 'Worst Buy'.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I purchased a set of earbuds just after Christmas December 27th. I actually bought two pair. One of the sets would drop the audio whenever I looked to the right or raised my arm. The sound was intermittent. I took the defective unit back to Best Buy in Conroe Texas for an exchange. All I wanted to do was exchange the defective unit for one that worked properly. I spoke to a very irritating young man who told me an exchange was not possible because "it was not allowed in the system". I was advised to call the manufacturer and see if it could be replaced under warranty. I disagreed, I bought the product from Best Buy and I expect them to honor the sale and exchange the product. I was told I had an attitude. I stopped and told him to call his supervisor. When his supervisor came up he wasn't much friendlier than the first guy. Basically I was told the same thing, "Contact the manufacturer".

When the "system" creates chaos, ill feelings and unethical practice by a retailer, it's time to re-evaluate the "system". I'll never spend another dollar at Best Buy as long as I live. PS. I did contact the manufacturer and they are willing to replace the defective product. In the end I got what I needed. If you need to purchase products that Best Buy sells, take my advice, go anywhere but Best Buy if you expect customer service.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Laptop just stopped working. Brought to Geek Squad. he said it would be maximum $370 to replace motherboard and possibly turn on switch. I just spoke with them it will be well over $1000. I will never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

After spending thousands of dollars in the last few months. I bought a TV that when unpacked was damaged. I called for some assistance the same day regarding return and was met with sarcasm, rudeness (one 'manager' hung up on me), and eventually NO help at all. I was almost in tears by this time. My advice, avoid this place. If I could give zero stars, I would. Shame on them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered a Insignia 4.3 cu ft top freezer refrigerator by calling in and speaking to an agent/representative by the name of Micah. The product was ordered on 01/05/19 and delivered on 1/11/19 which is great. Problem was the vegetable tray was Cracked all the way across the Top, and the pieces were laying at the bottom of the Tray. The refrigerator had a dime size dent it. This is very disturbing to me. I really don't think I will be doing business with Best Buy in the future. I've been a loyal customer for many years with them. I did all I could by calling and being transferred to encompass who did have any replacement part available. Best Buy claim is that they don't have replacement trays. I really don't understand it. I hear that the insignia brand is owned by Best Buy, but I'm really unsure of that.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

As a My Rewards Elite Plus member, I ordered a $3,000 Samsung washer/dryer set. On delivery day, Best Buy showed up and said they could not find a parking space, so they left. I live in the downtown of a major U.S. city, so delivery trucks never find a parking spot. They usually park in the street and complete the delivery. My immediate calls to Best Buy resulted in being transferred repeatedly, many times to areas that could not assist me. When finally speaking with someone, they said that the truck could not return because it was 40 minutes away, even though only about 10 minutes elapsed since the truck left.

I unsuccessfully called numerous times to reschedule the delivery for that day or the next, having conversations where Customer Service Reps treated me with condescending attitudes. I eventually canceled the order and purchased the same set from Grand Appliances who bent over backward to deliver the units quickly and at the same price as Best Buy. I followed up by sending a letter to Best Buy Customer Relations. They sent a form letter asking me to call their general "Customer Service" number, which I had already called repeatedly. I followed up with letters to executives Shari Ballard and Trish Walker. They never replied. I then sent a letter (with copies of all previous letters) to CEO Hubert Joly. Again, no response. I am no longer a Best Buy customer.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I would appreciate anyone's time to read or share my story below. I do not want to see this happen to anyone... I know it's long but cray. I removed the names because I do not want to burn anyone. I recently did an online order for an iPad and picked it up in store on 1/5/19. Upon returning home and attempting to set up the iPad I got to a Remote Management Screen that stated Costco was in control of the iPad. I called Apple Support and tried for 50 minutes to figure out why to no avail. It was then I decided to drive back to the Chesterfield, MO location.

I was greeted by security at the door who tagged my box. He said to take it to Geek Squad. I showed GS what was happening. The gentleman that helped me made sure he had one in stock. At that point another gentleman came up and was asking me questions. I understood most of them but started to feel interrogated a bit. Fine, I understand he was doing his job. He disappeared into the back for about a half hour as I stood at the counter. Another employee asked if I was being helped, I said I guessed so and he said he would check on it for me.

He came out and said the other man was checking to see if it is a stolen iPad. At this point I really started to feel like the man thought I was trying to pull something. Keep in mind that when I picked up that iPad I also purchased a $400 pair of Bose QuietComfort headphones. I wanted those with the iPad as I leave for Iceland this week.

The man returned from the back and said he could not take the iPad back as it is not the correct iPad. He said it was an iPad used by Costco. I explained to him I understand, but I bought this sealed box from your store. I have nothing to do with Costco (Sam's Club for me). He asked me if the wrap on it was Apple - I have no idea. I opened it with my car key like the other 10 Mac products I have opened. He told me I was in a holdover pattern till Monday and he would call.

I called customer service who told me to go back to the store and call them on 3 way. I explained I just spent an hour there to no avail and was told that is the only way to resolve it. She told me she would give me a number. I asked her to email it to me as I was driving and was told that she could not, I asked if a supervisor could and was said she could not.

I waited till 1pm CST on 1/7/19 for a call and did not receive one. I called the store and was told I would want to talk to ____ and that he closes the store that night and will be in at 3pm. At 8pm last night I still had not received a call from anyone. I called the store and asked for ___ and described him (50 year old ** male with braces, pretty identifiable) and the guy acted like he had no idea who that was. The gentleman last night, ____ I believe went looking for a manager but there was none there he said. He was helpful though and said he would put a note on __________ desk with my info and that he was in at 7am.

I waited until 10am this morning, 1/8/19, and called the store and asked for ___. I was told that both managers are busy but _____ said he did email Apple the serial number to trace it. I was told by Mandy that someone will call me today. I called at 4 pm today, 1/8/19, _______ answered again and I told her I had not received a call and asked for a manager. The manager is on lunch and she said he would call me as soon as he gets in.

I have been a loyal customer for 22 years. This is the second iPad I have bought since November. I bought my MacBook there. I am not trying to screw anyone over. I just wanted a working iPad for my flight. I have spent over two hours playing phone tag with the store, wasted an hour in the store and can't even speak to a manager at this point. Unfortunately this is a big issue. I leave for Iceland in 2 days. I have waited for the product I bought from you since Saturday. I dug out the wrapper from my trash even if it is requested.

We tried to return the iPad again on Wednesday with the cellophane and in the end Brittany was asked to leave the store. I received an email today from corporate, the FIRST time they have contacted me since the ordeal began, and was told I will not get a refund nor an exchange. They said they have traced back the iPad and that it was sent by Costco to a 3rd party company to refurbish... How the hell do I intercept that one???

I just wanted to pass this along because I feel that if someone can buy a sealed package from any store, and the contents are wrong, that the store should at least give basic customer service and in the end make it right. I ended up buying one for my trip and videotaped me opening it just to be safe. That is pathetic but who would have thought it would have happened the first time… Shout out to Best Buy for the screw job!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

As a rule: DO NOT SHOP AT BEST BUY, NOT THE STORES, NOT ONLINE, JUST AVOID. Its only value is to test out a product, anything you like you can find with less hassle on Amazon, directly from Microsoft or from Apple. This is a rule I didn't follow because Webroot is a Best Buy software product. They gave me a free 6 months and convinced me that I should buy an additional year. I did, however they fail to mention that the year long product expires a year from purchase, so you're not getting a full year of product even though you purchased a full year product. Customer Service is shameful, when I complained about the above the jerk told me he would hang up. They're closing hundreds of stores across the US for a reason, In NY use B&H or just shop online - much better than getting scammed by this low quality poor service company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

When purchasing a 5 year protection plan, it seem it would last 5 years no matter how many time they would have to fix the appliance or replace it. Not with Best Buy / Geek Squad, THeir protection plans are not really 5 years, UNLESS THE PRODUCT LAST 5 YEARS. They are a one time use plan. Piece dies in 18 months, you get a new one, but no protection plan unless you purchase a new one. They should rename their protection plans "ONE TIME USE up to 5 years."

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

This was the worst ** experience ever. The company said that they would ship my computer, which was out for a repair, to my house. Days and many calls after it was supposed to arrive, I find out that it’s in a location miles and miles away. I call and ask them if they could deliver it to me, and they say that I couldn’t pay over the phone. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED. I had already paid, and it was their mistake. I ended up missing very important deadlines at my job before I found the time to get it. I would think long and hard before entrusting your device into such a careless company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The sales portion was fine but the installation was a nightmare. The first refrigerator was too large, okay, that’s our fault, no problem. We reordered the new one and there weren’t any damages with the fridge or our home with the fridge that was the wrong size/was bigger. The second order and fridge was smaller and fit the area where the kitchen belonged but our hardwood floor is now damaged. We have scratches here and there on the wall but that’s fixable, but the damages on our hardwood floor was hard to accept, since we just moved into our new home.

Our plan was just to let Best Buy know what happened, but then we encountered a difficult situation with the driver. One of the driver was absolutely rude and very defensive when we explained to him that we will just have to let Best Buy know the situation re: our walls and floors. Maybe we were too nice for letting the guys know that we are not mad at them and we understand that they did all they can, but we as customers will just have to give them a heads up. Some people would have just waited for the installation group to leave and then complained but we felt the need to just give them a heads up, since we know they did the best that they could. Instead, the driver was absolutely rude and drove off without finishing his job. He did not haul away our old refrigerator.

We love buying our items from Best Buy, but we have to admit that every installation that we’ve had with Best Buy has not been pleasant. The washer and dryer was not pleasant at all either, but the most difficult situation was our situation with our refrigerator. In this situation, I don’t know if it’s Corporate’s fault for not paying attention to the details or is it just certain Best Buy stores? Whatever it is, I hope they figure it out because this will be my last time going to Best Buy for anything that is more than $20.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

The sales portion was OK. But that's where it stops. The incompetency of the Best Buy group is extremely dissatisfactory. Unsure who and why they sent half my order back to Orlando, This tells me that this is a store not to deal with. Again sales was good, not pushy, no problem. Was awakened at 7:38 in the morning by a nasty subcontracted dispatcher for delivery. Was stupid questions like did I order it and do I want them to pick it up from the warehouse? What kind of idiot ask those questions? If I purchased it that means I want it. Jennifer and escalated problems was no help. After 31 calls it still wasn't resolved and I am still without the item I purchased and paid for in full. Do not purchase anything other than items under $20 from this company. Run don't walk from anything else.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga (small laptop) Nov 30. The product was defective. It was within the first 30 days after purchase. I went to the Southfield, MI store to return it and the customer service rep, Camille, was unprofessional and rude. I had already been told that they would replace it (by another clerk)...when Camille came over and said absolutely not, that the computer looked like it had been dropped (which it absolutely had not.) There were no dings or dents associated with a dropped computer. I was told my only recourse would be to go to the manufacturer and that Best Buy would not do anything. She was so rude and so unhelpful. I basically asked her why, if it is under 30 days, and there is a problem with it, why won't Best Buy do anything to help? Instead of escalating the issue to a manager, she was abrupt and said, "You need to deal with the manufacturer. It's not a Best Buy problem."

I left the store and called the 1-800 Best Buy number where I spoke with an AMAZING clerk named Brendalyn who IMMEDIATELY REPLACED MY COMPUTER. She was kind and helpful and understanding. I had a new computer within the week. I couldn't be happier with Brendalyn...but the Southfield, MI store is horrible to deal with, especially Customer Service Clerk Camille. My advice - deal online or on the phone with Best Buy...never in person. The stores are populated with people who are uninterested, unhelpful and rude.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

When I made purchase ($1500) with store card, they credit the points to a wrong Best Buy account and I asked for the correction, then it took them forever to fix the mistakes they made. Best Buy deserves zero star, the worst company in the world! It should be named Worst Buy.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

So I bought a Turtle Beach headset (specifically a recon 50x) about 4 months ago from Best Buy. Out of nowhere, the headset mic stopped working and the audio sometimes would not go through. I went to Best Buy to get a replacement but I did not have Geek Squad protection, so they said they couldn't do anything. I did not want to pay like 160 dollars for 2 year protection (All their other plans are expensive anyways). After that, I emailed Turtle Beach (the company who manufactured the headset in the first place) about my problem and now they are giving me a free replacement. Do not buy into Best Buy's overpriced Geek Squad protection. It's basically a whole scam operation because most items can be refunded or replaced by the original manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I purchased a Samsung phone on 12/23/18. This was a gift for my husband. I used my own visa to pay for the phone, the 2 year warranty and a case. Immediately after they processed my order I received a notification that the case was out of stock. I sent a cancellation notification for the case. The receipt that I did receive indicated that the phone was shipped, the warranty was being processed. Then today - I opened up my bank account and discovered that Best Buy did not cancel the case and the cost for that case, 25.85 was presented for payment to my bank.

I called Best Buy and at first I was disconnected, when I finally got through - the gentleman I was speaking with sounded like a robot. I explained the problem and was told that I wasn't my husband David so they couldn't cancel the transaction (never mind the fact that it was my account, they used to pay for these items). I explained that it wasn't through my husband's account. I was the one who purchased this for him. It was a gift. He kept talking circles around me - He kept saying over and over again that he understood and that he was sure they would be able to be of service to me. He kept saying that they wouldn't be able to reimburse my account. I told him to get me a supervisor to speak with - He said they were on the phone with another customer. I told him I would wait, but that he would not put me on hold - that he would wait with me on the line until the supervisor was free to speak with me because it was in his best interest to not disconnect our call.

Eventually I was connected to "Kathy" (not sure of the actual spelling) anyway this person listened to me - and, while I waited, they finally processed the cancellation, and sent me an email with the warranty that indicated a date of activation. After an hour of runaround and the sense that I was being manipulated into the purchase of the case regardless of what I wanted to do. The resolution was more than bittersweet. It was unnecessary, unprofessional, unconscionable to go through customer service like this. It certainly had me wondering if I was having to deal with an off-shore entity and therefore much of what was said was lost in translation.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I recently placed an order at Bestbuy.com for an Insignia Chest freezer. Item arrived a day early for pick up, which was wonderful so I went ahead and borrowed a truck, drove 60 miles and got it home. Upon opening, I found that it was severely damaged in three different spots. While this was somewhat frustrating, I wasn't too upset and assumed the return process would be rather simple and that I would be offered an option for Best Buy to deliver me a new unit and offer to pick up the damaged one. Instead I was given the most ridiculous customer service I've ever encountered (and I've encountered some terrible service).

The first young lady I spoke with offered for me to keep the freezer and receive a 45 dollar gift card. She also said I had the option to load the freezer back into the truck, (which I borrowed and don't have access to anytime soon) drive it to the store and receive a replacement (once it arrived because they are out of stock). Thinking to myself that this was an insanely crappy offer, I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was then told I could speak with the supervisor but that there was nothing better anyone could offer me.

Upon speaking with said supervisor, I found out that the first rep that I spoke with was indeed a liar as I was offered a better offer (albeit a crappy one again) of keeping the unit and receiving a $75 gift card. Oh and I was also give the option again of loading it into my truck that I no longer have access to and driving 60 miles to return it. I then asked the supervisor if she had a supervisor. She explained that she did indeed have a supervisor but that her supervisor would not be able to offer me anything other than what I was just offered (sound familiar).

After this, I was also told that I wouldn't be able to speak with the supervisor's supervisor until 72 hours because it was New Year Eve and that the 3 days I spend waiting on a callback would count against my return window of 15 day. This is pitiful. I do most of my shopping with AMAZON and Best Buy did a wonderful job of reminding my why. This will be the last chance I give them to have my hard earned money. Was looking at purchasing a projector in the next few month and I'm sure you can guess who will be getting my money. Def. not this joke of a business. PS - Your reps have no personality, however I am impressed that they do speak real English.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Best Buy runs the lowest quality customer services I’ve ever experienced. Such a disrespectful way to treat their customers. If corporate lets disgraceful people like Joe (store manager at Dewitt, NY) be in charge and a ‘role model,’ what can you expect from the lower ranking employees? He tried to sell me a very expensive but defective vacuum cleaner. And when I showed him the defect right at the register, he refused to bring another box saying ‘you can take it or leave it...would you like someone to escort you out of the store?’ Clearly a chauvinist (taking an advantage of a single mother) and a scammer. He saw I was desperate to buy this particular vacuum (my old Kenmore broke and I wanted to buy a new Dyson) and this Joe guy took a complete advantage of my situation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Went to Best Buy in Williamsburg, VA today. Was shopping for a laptop for my daughter. First no one came to help me. Second when they did I told them exactly what I was looking for and showed them an ad from Walmart. The salesman told me the only thing compatible would be one with a smaller screen that was an off brand. Wouldn’t show me any other products or open box. Just assumed that I wanted that price. I had a lot of money in my pocket and could have asked me questions and got me to spend more probably. But judged me by the way I looked and that I had an ad from Walmart. I left and will not be going back to that store. I’ve never received good customer service there. I worked at Best Buy for 3 years and loved the company. Only left because I wanted to be a stay at home mom now.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

They should call it Good Bye not Best Buy because they want nothing to do with you after your purchase. I have had my identity stolen three times from these uncaring individuals. They say "Sign up for a 2 years no interest credit card, isn’t that great?" Only to have their employees give out my info to their friends to steal my identity and then hold me accountable for the charges. I’ve had to go to the police four times now to try to prove it wasn’t me. My recommendation to you and everyone I know is to steer clear of Best Buy. No wonder Amazon is doing so well!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchased a Whirlpool French door refrigerator two years ago. It stopped cooling three weeks ago. Best Buy uses a third party repair service called Appliance Care of Texas. They have been out once and supposedly ordered a part that was to be here five days ago. Now they don’t answer calls and Best Buy is not helpful at all. Avoid all three companies. I did buy the extended warranty from Best Buy not realizing the extended meant an extended outage.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a Swann security camera system from Best Buy. The expert at Best Buy ordered a dome camera for that system at that time. 2 weeks later I received it to find out it will not work with my system. I returned it. Another Best Buy expert picked out the correct dome camera for that system. 2 weeks later I received the 2nd camera to find out it is still not correct. I returned the 2nd camera to Best Buy and was told that Best Buy is not excepting anymore returns. I called customer support and was told to contact Swann and have them pick the correct camera. Bring that information back to Best Buy and they will order it for me! Is this how you do business Best Buy?

Best Buy Company Information