Best Buy

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have bought a Sony Vaio computer and it was so expensive but it is a disaster. It is horrible. It does not even Skype. So slow. Do not buy anything from Best Buy. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY. I had also bought a cover for my Kindle and it was 30 dollars or so. I do not understand why it is so expensive.

In this day of Amazon Prime, I assumed that when I ordered a scanner for pick up at the store, I would actually be able to pick it up from the store in a reasonable amount of time. But, no. It says it will not be even at the store for 5-7 working days. Apparently, this fact is buried somewhere if you click the store where you want to pick it up. Then I call the company asking where it is - nebulous answer. Not sure when or how it is arriving. And then to top it off, when I opted to have them call me back instead of staying on hold for the 3-5 minutes, they call and say "We are not open, call back during regular store hours" (it was 10:45 am). I called back and waited on hold for 3-5 minutes and got a person, who wasn't particularly helpful but did explain how it was my fault that I am not getting my scanner when I needed it as it was all just several clicks away.

Moral of the story: NEVER EVER ORDER IN STORE PICK UP FROM BEST BUY. On a positive note, I was told that I had a $5 credit to my rewards account that was about to expire. This apparently would have been kept secret from me (I have yet to ever discover I had an award) had I not called in. They still won't let me apply it to this order, but whatever.

On may 9th, 2015, I purchased a All-In-One computer from Best Buy at a cost of $1,515.79 including extras. One of the extras was Accidental Damage Insurance (ADH #**). I renewed this protection on the one year anniversary of the purchase of the computer at a cost of $127.79. Also, at the one year anniversary of the original purchase, I renewed the Geek Squad support and Webroot at an additional cost of $101.94, for a total of $229.73.

In October of 2016, the screen on my computer was accidentally cracked so I took it in to my Best Buy Store for repair. I was told the Accident Damage Protection was not covered on my renewal. I consider this a "BAIT AND SWITCH" as when I renewed my protection it was never disclosed to me that the Accident Protection was not covered on the renewal. In addition, in May of 2016, I paid a total of $229.73, which I am told does not cover Accident Protection and I notice on the Best Buy website that one can buy 3 years of Accident protection and Geek Squad support for $229.99 so for 26 cents more. Other customers are buying Geek support and Damage Protection for 3 years for what I paid for one year without Accident Damage Protection.

I was told to replace my screen would cost $900 plus a charge of $170.38 to back up my files, a total of $1,070.38. It may even be illegal for Best Buy to tell their customers they are renewing something and the customer finds out later it wasn't a renewal they were paying for because Best Buy changed the product before they RENEWED it. And they only tell you this when you make a claim.

I have waited 6 1/2 weeks for resolution and still have not gotten it. I initially called Warrantech for service to my dishwasher. Tech came out and determined a replacement part was needed which was covered by warranty. Warrantech decided to replace dishwasher instead and sent approval on Sept 21st to Pacific Sales. From Sept 23 to October 5th I called PACSales more than 9 times to get my replacement dishwasher. They initially said they didn't have paperwork from Warrantech. The PACSales Customer Service department continued to give me incorrect information.

Didn't know the hours of operation for the Customer Support department which was supposed to fulfill the replacement request. They promised to call me back and did not. They repeatedly said the paperwork was in process. The PACSales agent handling my case was out of office, so they said they couldn't do anything to help me until she returned. Lastly they said that the credit card system hadn't been working so they couldn't fulfill my order. I will never shop here again. Their customer service department handled my issue very poorly. I have requested a refund.

I made the mistake of buying my phones at best buy because they had the best-advertised deals for Verizon phones. I personally have a decade of both retail and mobile sales experience and this is the worst IN STORE experience of my life. They didn't adhere to the advertisements posted in store which was going to cost me nearly $500 in savings. When I told them I would not accept this they told me I would be charged $70 in restocking fees even though I had not left the store. The night I purchased phones it took over 4 hours including being in the store over an hour after close. Mobile support eventually offered solutions and were great, but despite urging the sales associates in store to honor their promotions they told me they would make no exceptions. I have been on the phone with mobile support over a dozen times in 3 days and this ordeal has cost me nearly 10 hours of time. I would avoid buying an item here at all costs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

It's worst experience ever. I ordered my laptop online on 28th of September. It suppose to deliver on Monday 3rd of Oct. Today it's 6th and they even don't know where is my courier. I talked with courier service and they told me that "This shipment has not been tendered to Purolator yet. The sender has created the label, but has not shipped the package." And when I call to Best Buy they told me that courier service didn't send it. It's a worst service I have ever seen. I will give them 0 star if there is a option. Worst service ever.

I buy 65 tv. In 1 month we got some tv short delivery in order waiting to get delivery. 1 month did not get it after I cancel order. Store don't want give money back for it. Coming several time in store. Have fix it. Talk one of the garbage manager zack in store. Don't know who hire this trash in store. Let people know never deal with Best Buy again in Coliseums Blvd, Fort Wayne, In. Call store, saved time to talk to manager, never got call back from store I buy tv from. Scott is salesman in the store. He tried to fix it but never fix it. Worst experience in Best Buy. I going to pass to my attorney to get my money back and again to store. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY, FORTWAYNE, IN.

My sister bought me a computer from Best Buy. The sale stated windows 10, 6 month security, and my sister bought office 365. I hooked it up in June 2016 after receiving it in May. Weeks later the windows 10 disappeared and I was told it was only a trial run. I didn't need the security. I have my own carrier. They tried to tell me I didn't have an office 365, so took it to the store and they still tried to tell me it was no good, that I would have to purchase another one. Microsoft stepped in and solved that problem. The Geek Squad was useless except for the fact, one of them told me Best Buy should not have put this computer for sale. It was much too old to put on the shelves. I will never put a foot in that store again. I have file a BBB complaint, one to Microsoft since Best Buy is a vendor of theirs, and one to the newspaper. I've read numerous complaints about them online after the fact, or they wouldn't have gotten a dime from me.

I would give zero stars if that were an option. I had ordered a dishwasher and scheduled it for installation. I was given a window of 8am-12pm the night before. On the morning of I haven't heard from anyone so I called the installation company to get an ETA on the tech only to be told he was at my home at 8:13am and proceeded to describe the outside of my home. I informed the call taker that no one had called my phone or rang my doorbell and that my husband was up and waiting (he had just gotten home from his 24 hr shift at the fire dept at 8am). The driver literally did a drive by but never had any intention to actually do the work. I was so disgusted I cancelled my order and took my money elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and NEVER ORDER A MAJOR APPLIANCE WITH INSTALLATION BEST BUY!

Ordered and paid for TV. Next day found better price from another supplier. Price match had informed me price was approved. Found no charge changes on my order. Phoned back and again was assured price change was approved and takes few days to see change. Phoned again as could not see price change and been informed that BEST BUY refused to match the price and they are sorry. During first calls assured by BEST BUY??? Price was approved. Canceled the sale at another store. After I had been informed about price change approved???

Called headquarters and found they did not care at all. Somebody offered gift certificate for problems they caused and then supervisor did not approve. What kind of company that cannot be trusted? The lesson I had learned read the reviews before purchasing from BEST BUY. That's ok with them. They just lost a customer. Now found at Costco the same TV is cheaper yet with additional one year warranty. Best Buy customers talk and your false advertising and assurances not going to work for you.

Wasted company full of junkies. Best Buy sold me a high end computer (I work in aent industry I need a high-end computer for softwares). Took my money, day before arrival, told me they didn't have any left in stock. Long story short I called customers service and since they couldn't sort me a equal or better computer I certainly won't buy from them again. Worse part I'm out multiple thousands of dollars for 5 business days and still have to go over another computer. Thank you Best Buy for being royal pieces of ** and even worse at solving problems. Dont buy online at Best Buy, they will make you all sorts of angry.

Complaint on delivery: I love Best Buy. I buy all of my major electronics and appliances at this store. I never had a complaint until this morning. This morning I was to receive my new refrigerator and deep freezer delivered to my home. My old refrigerator had to be replaced asap. The Best Buy delivery drivers from Enterprise came on time to the home to deliver the appliances. The man that approached the door came in through the living room and came toward the kitchen to see the space where he was to place the refrigerator. I informed him the deep freezer was going to be in the basement area and that he too can move his truck up on my driveway as close to the back door for better transport of the fridge. While he was doing this I took out the rest of the items in the old fridge and placed on my kitchen table.

He came back in the home with another assistant worker. The main driver, also the man that came in the home to see where he would placed the appliances then asked where was the fridge water line connected from, I escorted him to the basement and said it was in the crawl space area, he said "No I need the main water valve to the home." I said "Ok", and went to the laundry room where he turned off the main water valve for the home. I said to him "This will cause all the waters in the home to be shut off", he said yes because he has to put the fridge in place. He then went upstairs to the kitchen area and took the kitchen door off the hinges so that he can have room to enter the fridge. He uses his devices and screwed off the kitchen door. He then went unscrew the doors to the fridge and began to remove the old fridge from the kitchen.

As he began moving the fridge he said he would not place the old equipment in his truck because there is infestation of roaches and mice in the area of the fridge. I said to him "What DID you say", he said he could not place the old fridge in his truck infested or he would lose his job. He also said that he would not place the new fridge in the filth. I was caught back and I said to him, there is no problem for me to clean the debris left over by the old fridge. I and my nephew cleaned under the fridge and made it spotless. When the delivery guy came back I informed him that I was the owner of the home and the purchaser of the products. I informed him that there was no infestation in the home, my home had no roaches and no mice and that it was rude of him to say that the area where the fridge was at was filthy and that he could not place any appliance nor take any appliance with him.

I told him that he was rude for saying such thing and that it is very common for a fridge to have some dirt under it due to water or just anything caking up under it. My old fridge was there for over 5 years. He again ignored what I said and walked away. I said to him that I was talking to him and he ignored me again. I then told him that he was being rude and that was not professional at all. He said that he had other places to go and deliver. I told him that I felt disrespected at my home and that he was not cordially and was rushing. I said I was going to report him, he said he DID not care. He hurried and placed the freezer in my basement. When he came back up, I told him I was very uncomfortable with him in my home and asked him to leave my home.

He tried to come back in to get his paper work I told him not to enter my home and that I would get the paperwork for him. I gave it to him and asked him to leave my home and that I would call the complaint and Best Buy to have my fridge delivered by another person. I felt threatened in my own home by this man. I believe the driver's name is G.L. He was with another tall man which was calm. I said to him that he was rude and his work ethics were poor and that he would be reported to his company for unprofessionalism. I am sooo upset, my door is off the hinges and my home main water is shut. I have no fridge and all of my food is out on the table. I DID call the hotline and spoke to a nice man by the name of Michael and informed him of the ordeal that took place this morning.

I have no fridge and all of my food is on the table. Michael from customer service informed me to write a formal complaint in regards to the delivery of the items. I am very upset that drivers or worker such as this person who came to my home this morning is with your company. If you see my history with Best Buy I am an ongoing customer and I buy all of my main electronic and appliances through your company. I have never had any problems such as this one today. I am hurt and offended at the same time that this worker disrespected me and my home just to deliver a fridge. I want this worker reported immediately and disciplinary actions to be put in place towards him immediately. I do not want anyone to go through what I went through this morning at my home. I am appalled and hurt.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow or the next day to have my fridge delivered. That is not fair and right. Thank god that the freezer was placed in my basement, I can put my meats there for now, but all of the other products are on the urge of spoil. I am disappointed Best Buy with the delivery. I am truly disappointed. I need a call from someone...I need help.

I purchased a laptop for my son in June 2015 from Best Buy. The laptop I wanted to purchase from Best Buy was one of the last ones they had and I was told that the best laptop for a college student was the ASUS touchscreen which cost me approximately $300 more than the one I wanted. ASUS $749 - after approximately 11 1/2 months later it wouldn't turn on so I thought maybe the battery died.

After a week or so I decided to take it to Best Buy where I purchased it and was told my 1 year warranty with the store expired yesterday. REALLY, they suggested I could either have them look at it for repairs but could not give me any idea as to how much it would cost so we contacted ASUS. They suggested I send them the laptop and they would return it within 3 -5 days.

Well after two weeks nothing so I called and the customer service representative yelled at me because I wanted to know when I could expect my laptop. She could not give me an answer, only that it's still pending repairs and that there was no one else I could speak with. A few day later I received an email that the laptop was on its way back and I received it a week later. The first two days it worked then we were back to square one inoperable.

I unknowingly subscribed to the Geek Squad when I purchased a notepad. I eventually downloaded an internet security app that within a week CRASHED my laptop. After I spoke with someone on live chat I was told to go to a Best Buy store and when I got there then was told that if I didn't have a tech support contract on my computer that wasn't purchased from them that I HAD TO PAY FOR THEM TO FIX IT!!! That is just WRONG! I downloaded their product that crashed my laptop and I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT??? I Will never buy anything from Best Buy again!

After 2 faulty sets of headphones nobody wants to repair or replace, no service was offered. So they gave her back new and broken beats. They suck.

I replaced my Xbox One Controller with Best Buy as the previous one was not working. I had my 2 years paid extended warranty. Now by mistake when I returned the previous one I forgot to take out the my own rechargeable battery and now Best Buy is saying they do not have any control on that device and cannot return. I have my invoice which clearly says that which xbox was taken and which one was sold to me.

I have always praised and purchased from Best Buy but that ends today. On 12/26/2015, I purchased an eight inch Windows Tablet for $85.00 on sale. Within three months the tablet would not hold a charge. You can turn it on, it reads 100% full charge but immediately shuts off. I took it back into Best Buy, March 2016. They told me I should have purchased the extended warranty; told me to call the maker - Digiland. These people never answer their phone, tell you to leave a message but then it tells you that their mailbox is full. I went back into Best Buy late August early September 2016, again I am told to contact the maker-still getting the same message.

I am blaming Best Buy for carrying and selling products from Shady vendors. They sell this mess and then will not stand behind it. I am done with Best Buy and telling all of my friends and relatives, "Do not purchase anything from Best Buy." They sell extended warrants that cost as much as the product and will not honor anything if you don't purchase their extended warrants. I have being purchasing from Best Buy since they opened in Gainesville, FL but never again. If they don't care about losing a good customer who have purchased laptops, desktop, videos, music, software, etc., from them also purchased all of my churches cameras and camera accessories from them, then so be it. Thanks Best Buy but you are no longer the Best Buy. Wal-Mart stand behind their products way better than you. I will take my money somewhere else.

I bought 3 Macbook Pros from Best Buy. Each time there was a problem, the Geek Squad fixed the issue. Once they fixed the display with non-Apple product. I have problems with the USB and the charger not working. Been a problem from the beginning. I have Apple Extended Warranty and now they act like they can't find it. It's only two years old. I paid $1299.00 for the computer itself. These people will not stand behind the products they sell. I have sent them numerous customers with the same issues. They called with a quote of $1100.00 to fix the computer. They said they tried several things but can "figure it out". WTH. I told them one issue was the charging port. Then they agreed. They went on to ramble about they were going to send it up the ladder for more test. PROBLEM.

Last August I needed to purchase a new computer before moving overseas to work for two years. Since this was for work I needed something running WIN 8.1 pro or WIN 10 pro. On the recommendation of a Best Buy employee I purchased a nice Toshiba for around $800, but I had to buy the 8.1 pro upgrade separately. Two weeks later I was forced to return the computer because the screen had a dead pixel. They told me I could either send it in to be repaired (in 5-8 weeks) or I could trade for a replacement. I told them I had just upgraded to 8.1 pro so my replacement must have the pro version of the OS.

I finally decided to pay a little extra to buy a Lenovo which the geek squad employee assured me came with 8.1 pro pre-installed. When I got home I discovered the computer did not have the pro version installed. So I returned to the store the next day. After arguing with the employees for about half an hour they agreed to install 8.1 pro. This took them a week.

Fast-forward to April 2016 and my computer dies while I am living and working in South Asia. Fortunately some friends of mine returned to the US in May and agreed to transport my computer so it could be fixed since it was still under warranty. My parents took the computer to the closest Best Buy (2 hours from their home) and staff acted like they had never seen a computer before. Finally they took the computer for repairs. A week or two later, my father received a notification that repairs were finished and the computer was ready for pick-up. However, in reality the computer had not been worked on at all, and it took another 2-3 weeks before it was ready. In late July, another friend transported the computer from America all the way to South Asia and I finally got it back.

When I turned the computer on I discovered two important things. First I noticed that the Best Buy technicians either erased or replaced my hard drive (which was still functioning when I sent it away). Fortunately I had backed up my data before sending the computer to America. Second I noticed that when they "fixed" my computer they did not re-install WIN 10 pro, but rather loaded basic WIN 10. So I contacted the company technical support. The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and apologetic, but insisted that the only way to fix the oversight was to return the computer once again to a Best Buy store.

Since that was obviously not an option given the closest Best Buy is several thousand miles away, I asked my father to return to the store that originally processed the repairs. When he described the situation the staff again responded with blank stares. The first "geek squad" representative was a young girl whose only reply was, "oh I have no idea about that... I have a MAC." Finally the shift manager talked to my father, but the manager's knowledge of electronics is no greater than the first young girl. He claimed that my WIN 10 pro must have disappeared because I bought a 1-year subscription. WHAT?? How does someone that ignorant of how OS and electronics work become a geek squad manager?

I was still pursuing a solution that did not cost me money in August. However, on August 4th that ceased to matter. My computer, recently "fixed" by Best Buy, worked for a grand total of 19 days. Now I am once more borrowing a small computer from a coworker that affords me the bare essentials necessary for my job. I basically wasted $1100 with Best Buy since now my warranty has expired and I have no doubt they will refuse to fix their mistakes, even if they are capable of doing so. At the moment I would never recommend Best Buy for anything more important than a convenient bathroom break.

Today I went to the Best Buy off of Culebra & 1604 in San Antonio Texas. My brother was looking to purchase one of the unlocked cell phones - the Sony Xperia. When it was his turn to be seen by the mobile customer service Amon was helping and trying to look for the (2) phones that showed it was in the database at being in stock but when Amon went to look in their stock they had none in stock. That took a good 30-40 minutes just for them to tell us "we don't actually have it on site". So we tried for another phone made by Motorola and Amon the sales manager said go down to the display over there and check it out. Rather than assisting us, he just pointed it out to us. That irritated me. Nonetheless we went back to the unlocked phones display just to find a paper that shows the information but the phones did not match the specs information listed.

I took the sku product # that was listed on the specs paper and flipped every phone around to match the sku and none of the phones on displayed matched the SKU. I went back to Amon and informed him we couldn't find the phone he suggested and all he said was "I will send someone over to you". Wtf. So a Best Buy rep came by and I told him "we are looking for this particular phone right here and none of the phones on display match this sku". The representative only reply was uuuuugh. I said "you know what cancel everything". Please call the Best Buy on I-410 & Ingram and see if they have this phone on site. We left and went to the Best Buy on I-410 & Ingram and my brother bought the phone he wanted with no issues. Best Buy needs a refresher training on customer service for the mobile Best Buy on 1604 & Culebra in San Antonio, Texas.

Worst Buy and Geek Squad deception. I bought a Lenovo Yoga 7100 from Best Buy. The product has never worked properly. Unfortunately, I tried to work with Lenovo customer service and in less than a month, told by Lenovo to drop the computer at Best Buy for repair. It has been 15 days since I left the computer for repair by Geek Squad. According to Best Buy website, the computer is still waiting to be assigned to a technician. This is ridiculous!

Last Saturday, September 17, 2016 I came from my carrier Sprint and they informed me that they could not pre-order the iPhone7 for me because their system would not allow it. I crossed the street and walked over to Best Buy West Covina Mall to inquire about the availability of the iPhone7. The girl at the Electronics department dressed in blue shirt was very accommodating and friendly. She did her very best to be helpful. She told me that she could not say when my phone would arrive but that I could put a deposit/down payment to hold the pre-ordered phone. I was so overjoyed at this point because I really needed the upgrade as I needed more phone memory and I stream a lot at my work and watch a lot of videos online. I paid $50 for which she gave me a gift card with the receipt and the paperwork for the pick up of the phone. I thanked her for she had been truly helpful and my experience was amazing to say the least.

Friday night I received the email saying my phone had arrived and could be picked up on September 23. I got there the next day, September 24 at 11:30 am. As my friend and I walked in, the electronics section was already packed with people and there were only 2 people in blue shirts attending to about 4 customers who had phone issues/purchases. I sat at another section to wait for someone to attend to me. I waited for an hour only to be treated dismissively by one of the girls in blue at cash register and waved off by another man. My friend looked for the manager on duty at the time and he was apparently in the yellow shirt. He complained that we had been there for an hour and a lot of people needed help. The manager was just walking around nonchalantly as if no chaos or people were waiting to be helped.

Finally, the girl came over (who had brushed me aside) and asked if I had paid off my balance with Sprint of $94. I said I did not know what the process was and was told by girl previously to settle balances when I came in to retrieve my new phone. The way it was explained to me was the $50 gift card I purchased would go towards the amount of the new phone. She said "I need you to call Sprint and settle any balances you may have so we can proceed with the new phone and you can trade in your old phone." So I called Sprint customer service number and I was placed on hold for about 30 minutes until my friend suggested we just go across the Mall parking lot and go to Sprint in order to be helped faster.

Arriving at Sprint, the associate inspects my phone and tells me there's cracks on it and I would have to pay my remaining balance of $61 plus $129 and taxes because of the cracks and damage. I paid everything for a total of $201.98 and he told me that after I left Sprint he would have turned my phone off, and there was no way the process could be reversed after that. He also gave me fair warning that Best Buy is a third party entity and that should anything go wrong after I leave Sprint that Sprint could not undo me turning my old iPhone 6 Plus in because he had already made me eligible for an upgrade, paid off any and all balances, and it would be a done deal. I thanked him and went back to Best Buy.

So I line up again and this time the girl with an attitude was no longer helping me. This time another Assistant Manager started to help me and he was much more friendly and helpful than girl in blue with an attitude. He was on his computer when he seemed to be doing more calling and tapping on the keyboard and seemingly doing a credit check on me. After a few seconds he came back and said "I'm sorry but you would have to pay an additional $385 to upgrade because that's what your credit check came back with. I'm afraid you would have to pay for half of money upfront before we can give you your new phone."

I was positively stunned. Here I was led to believe this whole while that the $50 I had put down on my phone was because I passed a prescreened credit check prior to the other sales associate approving me to place a deposit of $50 to hold the phone. In other words, if they had required me to place a deposit prior to the sale wasn't that a guarantee I was approved? Why would a company even sell someone something beforehand on a lease of an electronic gadget or device if their credit was shoddy and they would not qualify prior to the actual sale and pick up of pre-ordered item. I was astounded that now they were asking me for $385 before taxes. What if I didn't actually have $385 to pay or money during that time prior to me going there due to the understanding that my credit had been screened and checked and I was approved and that's why they held a deposit of $50 down in order for me to secure the phone. It makes no sense to me.

I was going to be without a phone unless I forked the money over since I had already paid my balances with Sprint and I was going to be put on a new lease with Sprint for another 2 years. I am shocked that such a company would practice a classic bait and switch tactic to presell a gadget they knew was selling like hot cakes and that consumers actually pre-ordered it because it was out of stock everywhere. The manager could not do anything to help me and told me there was nothing more he could do. After I write this review, I will file a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and see how such companies can be sanctioned with bait and switch tactics. I was practically railroaded into forking over my hard earned rent money which is actually due on the 1st of October just because Best Buy is a crook in disguise.

Buyers beware, they only want you to buy the phone but could care less whether your credit was approved or not prior to the sale. I'm lucky to have a job and have had my rent money to pay for the phone but what about others who don't. You will be stuck without a phone and having to pay so much out of your pocket without a choice on whether you would actually want to go ahead with the sale or not. I had no choice but to fork the money over because I would not have a phone which I needed for my job. The assistant manager even had the audacity to say to me "Would you like to purchase a discounted phone case or screen protector with that?" Oh my god, the nerve. He should've given me both for free after Best Buy had railroaded me and gave me without a choice but to purchase the phone now since Sprint just terminated my contract to give way to a new one.

All in all it was the worst phone upgrade I have ever done on my life and it will never happen again ever. I refuse to purchase anything from Best Buy now or in the near future. I will also make sure to let other people know that this company is involved in the shady practice of bait and switch and to be careful in dealing with their promotions or gimmicks just to make a sale. I am so shook up. I'm mad, angry, disappointed and tearful after said experience. Please don't let this happen to you.

I bought a TV from Best Buy on Sunday. They carried it to the car for me. I waited until Wednesday so someone could help me take it out of the car. We both carried the 40-inch TV together and set it up. It never turned on and the screen had marks on the right upper corner. I took the TV back on Saturday. They would not refund or exchange the TV. They said the damage had to come from me. Management was very rude. I will never shop there again and I recommend you don't either.

I purchased 2 iPhone 7's in store at the Atlantic Avenue Mall Store in Brooklyn on Sept 9th. Because I was purchasing these to use out of the country, I asked if they were unlocked and was assured that they were, with the sales person even checking with the store manager to verify this. Now that I've returned home and have taken the phones to my providers, they won't work. I then contacted Best Buy and have been shuffled around like a fool with no resolve to this problem. It was only after Apple contacted Best Buy that we got the answer that we weren't expecting, that the phones can only be used in the US. I have tried to contact Best Buy on countless occasions over the last 3 days and each time I try to put my case to whoever answers the phone, if they choose to answer at all they will either disconnect me or put me on hold and not return. I am now left with 2 phones which I cannot use, but Best Buy have got my money.

Visited Best Buy zip code 15146 Monday 919/16 to return an item. Another customer was waiting there. She spoke out loud inquiring where any help was. I spoke out loud that there did not seem to be anyone. Daryl came out to help. He told her her earlier appointment was cancelled and she could get one for 2 pm. I am pretty sure it was 2 pm or very close to it.

I could not believe the tone of voice and attitude of Daryl (90% sure that was his name). I addressed the issue out loud and another store came over to talk with us. Told him I could not believe the attitude. He went behind the register & helped her. Another rep came out and addressed the issue too. I was informed the woman had been in early for her morning appointment & left because someone else was being waited on. They indicated there was an issue with her actions at that time. Irregardless she is a customer and dealing with her that way is not correct & not good for by-standers to witness.

Noticed the last man to come had a shield on his belt. Asked him if he was on duty, thinking he was a police official. My mistake, it was a badge of the tech service. I could not believe a store would have their employees display a shield that is that so closely duplicates an official shield. GIVE ME A BREAK! Meantime Daryl spoke to an employee going to the back area. Something like your favorite person is back. Referring to the customer now being served at the register. I cannot believe the attitude of these employees. It is like they are too busy and above giving even half decent customer. Noticed before that this service/ tech area employees seems aloft. Even arrogant. They appear to be in their own highly important world. Good to have good moral, even better to have awareness of reality and show respect. Yes, I'd like a reply.

I received an Exchange Program Information email yesterday from Best Buy Info. On that sheet I was given 3 options to exchange or return the phone, cash back, exchange for different Samsung device, or exchange for new Note 7 as early as Sept. 21. I called Store # 291, Houston location on Richmond Ave., where I purchased the phone, to verify procedures for the exchange for the same model. I was transferred to a sale person, no name given, who told me that I had to be on a reservation list first and had to come into the store to set that up. I told her that the information sheet said nothing about making a additional trip to the store to be put on a list. I asked to speak to a Manager and she told me to have a nice day and hung up. I called back speaking to someone else and again was put on hold for 19 minutes only to be transferred to another store location.

I have a defective phone, am being instructed to turn it off, preventing me from having the use of a phone, and am fearful that this phone may have some overheating issues. For the record, I called the District Managers office and left a message, and will file a complaint tomorrow with the local media to draw attention to the unprofessional and possibly dangerous position I am being forced to deal with concerning this already disgusting situation. Best Buy offers very poor service and makes it almost impossible to resolve any issues over the phone. I will never shop there again!

I ordered a t.v. online from Best Buy and I was given the option to pick the delivery date. I choose Saturday, September 3rd because both myself and my husband had off from work so one of us could be there to accept the order. I received a phone call, a text message, and an email on Friday the 2nd confirming the delivery appointment. My husband and I were in the process of moving into the house that it was being delivered to so my husband drove an hour away to the house at 6 am on the 3rd to get the order. We had chosen the delivery window for 8 to 12 so that we could use the rest of the day to move.

At 1 pm the t.v. had still not been delivered and my husband had been waiting in an empty house for the t.v. instead of moving furniture in like we had planned. I then called Best Buy to find out where the delivery was. I was put on hold for almost 45 minutes just to be able to speak to someone and then I was put on hold multiple more times so that the t.v. could be located. I was then told that the warehouse did not even have the t.v. in stock and I would have to make another delivery date. I was baffled as to how a warehouse did not have the t.v. yet, but I received 3 notifications confirming the delivery date and not one notification saying the t.v. would not be delivered.

I then had to call Best Buy myself to find out what was going on rather than someone calling, texting, and/or emailing me. I have been a long time customer of Best Buy and I was highly disappointed in this service. I understand that things happen, but to leave my husband in an empty house waiting all morning/afternoon for a t.v. is completely inexcusable. I was told that I then had to give up my time again for 4 hours the next weekend in the hopes of my t.v. finally being delivered. The following Friday I received three notifications again confirming my appointment for the following day. The next morning, after I had changed my plans to wait for a t.v., I was called and told that my t.v. would not be delivered until two weeks later.

My husband and I had to finally drive to the store to pick up the t.v. which we had ordered online to avoid having to borrow a vehicle that fit the t.v... We then had to pay the store price which was more than the online price that we had originally paid. I have now emailed Best Buy 3 separate times and have not received a response and when I called Best Buy's corporate headquarters, they did not know how to assist me. I will NEVER order from Best Buy online again and I am making sure everyone knows of my horrible experience as well.

I spent $425.03 on my order. Long story short, I returned the entire purchase. The Apple watch hurt my wrist and was too heavy for the purpose I purchased it for (I teach acrobatics). I went to my local store where I purchased the watch, case cover, screen protector and additional travel charger. At customer service, the representative told me that I could not return the screen protector ($11.99) because it was considered a consumable item. On their website it states "Consumable items such as food, drinks and batteries". This "consumable item" was not the type of screen protector that broke completely. It simply peeled off so I was returning it in one piece. I explained to her in the past I have returned screen protectors to both best buy and the Apple store. She said she would go get her supervisor to see what they can do.

The supervisor came over and said that he could not accept my return for the $11.99 order. He continued to argue with me and said "What am I going to do with it?" I told him that he could write it off and return the item. He continued to say that "He has no use for it" and "It's the same thing if you returned batteries". I asked if he was still going to accept the Apple watch as a return because I wore that just as long as I wore the screen protector. He said that "I cannot write it off and I cannot accept this return". I simply told him he can write it off because I used to work at Best Buy and why things have changed over the years. It is possible for him to return it. He is just choosing not to. He said "It's possible that there was an exception made in the past but not this time. So we are all set here". And simply walked away.

I can live without the $11.99 object sitting in the backseat of my car but to be treated that way and dismiss the idea where the customer is always right was ridiculous. I don't care if we have a credit card through Best Buy. I have worked there in the past and I have been shopping here for years, but after this, I can simply take my business elsewhere.

The reason why he said he could not "write it off" was because the less objects they have returned the better their numbers look and the more money they get at the end of the year for their bonuses. I cannot recall if its part of their shrink numbers and falls under their shrink payout. But if you have time, google it. Again, I don't care that I didn't get my measly $11.99. It's the fact that he didn't even bother to offer any solution. The lady at customer service was sweet. She gave me the general managers card and suggested contacting the company of the screen protector, registering it and then they will send me a new one. Yes, I could do that but I have no use for a screen protector because I do not want to purchase another Apple watch.

Spent 3 hrs of my Sunday w/ remote tech. Was told problem repaired when he signed off. Went to check repair, and not only was it NOT resolved, but my settings and adblock were wiped out. I reconnected w/ Geek online, and was told I would have to start the WAIT process all over again. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was given the runaround, told one would call in 30". No call received. I have been a customer for years, NO MORE. This year has been nothing but unacceptable 'service' (I use the term loosely). Will not set FOOT in a store, or renew my service w/ them. I would actually rather pay MORE than go thru this baloney 1 more time.

Ordered a cell phone - was suppose to be here on a certain date. Never received it. So looked up the tracking number and it was going to be here 12 days later than the date they had mentioned when I ordered it. So instead of 7 to 9 days shipping it turns out to be 3 weeks. Lesson learned. Going elsewhere next time.

Best Buy Company Profile