3.64/5
Based on 4,744 ratings submitted in the last year

3917 Best Buy Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

I went into the Bellingham, Washington Best Buy Store to purchase a pocket replacement camera. I'm 71 years of age and do not make purchases like this very often so not familiar with all that I needed to know before making the purchase. Matthew, one of the very pleasant and helpful sales representatives, came over to ask if I needed help. I was very thankful for his assistance because I would have left the store without a picture card for my camera. Living 20 miles from town and needing for the next day would have been an unpleasant discovery. Matthew is an awesome representative of the Best Buy community. Thank you for hiring exceptional employees like him. Much appreciated by us customers. Mary

Original review: May 26, 2019

I just want to make it known that I just spent a few different days at the Best Buy Store located at 5051 East Ray Rd., Phoenix, Arizona because I was getting a new phone & couldn’t decide so went back a few times. I have purchased the majority of my phones there however not once a year & this last time it had been 2 years. They truly remembered me, greeted me as if it was just yesterday. One person remembered my name and honestly to get to the point - every single person went above and beyond and always does. They are so professional, so knowledgeable. I can’t begin to describe how the process was so efficient & smooth and this store/department is lucky to have such awesome employees and even better the longevity/low turn over says a lot about their manager and the store manager. The best customer service experience I’ve received in person in so long. Thank you so much!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had a horrible issue with my cell phone provider. I went in to buy a burner phone for an abused loved one. I was talking to the Verizon representative. She helped me with the burner phone. As she was setting it up, I explained my situation. She explained that she got those complaints from the other cell phone provider. She explained other options that would fit my family better. I left without doing any more than my purchase. I thought about it but put it out of my mind. After a while I had several incidences with my current cell phone provider. They lied to me.

I went back to Best Buy. I went to that same sales rep and bought a cell phone, a hot spot and signed up for services with Verizon. She helped my family in many ways. I am going back to buy more phones and I have referred several people to that sells rep and Best Buy. I highly recommend. No pressure. They listen and offer you the help you need. Great customer service. Other companies can learn from them.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I came into Best Buy to fix an issue with my Omen computer. After finding out that the graphics card was trash and a new one would cost me about 650 dollars, I decided to get iBUYPOWER computer. Roman, Brandon, Andrea, and Jess were amazing. They took care of my product, got me a way more powerful computer with only a couple hundred bucks out of pocket. Not only did they transfer, install and update my computer, they did it within a day. IBUYPOWER is hands down one of my favorite computers. We were able to set it up and get out computer running within an hour of getting home. This has been the most pleasant, straightforward process. I am very happy with my product. The service at the Almaden Best Buy in San Jose.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a home theater subwoofer from Future Shop (before they became Best Buy in Canada) in early 2012. I bought the product protection plan on it at the time which was an extra $60 or so and gave me a 9-year warranty. Last month (Oct. 2018) the subwoofer failed and made crackling noises. I still had until Spring of 2019 on the protection plan, so I brought the subwoofer into Best Buy. Apparently this subwoofer was discontinued or no longer carried by Best Buy and couldn't be found in their system. They offered me a refund for my original purchase price ($299 + tax) on a gift card and said I could use it to buy a new subwoofer. They didn't really have a comparable model to the defective one in that price range, so I settled for a slightly less powerful one, which was $100 less.

All in all, I was impressed by their professionalism and courtesy for this situation, as it wouldn't have really surprised me had they said something to the tune of "You bought this when we were known as Future Shop. This is Best Buy so we can't help you now." I was pleasantly surprised to be getting a brand new subwoofer to replace my nearly 9-year old one. It's a shame that it's not the same model, but to hear it connected to my sound system it sounds very comparable to the old one. Plus the new one also has the same 9-year extended warranty (which was an extra $40, but well worth it to me). In a sea of one-star reviews I thought I'd share a positive experience that I had with Best Buy. I've returned things to the store on occasion and have never once had any kind of hassle when doing so. There are some things that they don't accept returns for once opened but they always tell you this when you're buying such an item.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I bought a Sony mirrorless camera ($549.99) for my daughter from 2460 E Charleston Road Mountain View store and we never opened the box. 2 days later when I went to return the box, the store manager opened the box in front of me and said that the item was opened before. He did not agree that this was an open item sold to me but instead pointed a finger at me for opening the box and asked for 15% restocking fee if I have to return!! This was the WORST BUY from BEST BUY in my shopping history. Because of this WORST experience, I will never buy online or from store anymore.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I purchased new TV and soundbar November 2018. I paid to have Best Buy install a wall mount, TV and set up sound. I mentioned that I’d be moving in a few months out of state to the techs. They talked me into buying a service that would help with reducing the cost of having them come out to my new house and set everything up for me again. They said they would bill when I set up the appt. When I moved into my new home, I called and scheduled for late April. However, my brother was able to install everything for me. On April 22 I canceled the appt. Since I didn’t need them after all. That was April 22nd. On August 14, four months later, Best Buy billed my credit card for $108.73! When I looked at my account with them, the comments says, "Service complete." WHAT SERVICE?? Since then I have spent three and a half hours being placed on 30 min., 47 min and 50 min holds when I call them.

They continued to place me on hold and transfer me all around the store. I even tried the chat session on their website and was transferred to 7, yes 7 different people. The final person was a supervisor after I insisted I speak to one. He was not able to do a thing except give me a case number and to tell me to call the 800 number the next day. It is now 9pm. I am once again on hold, have talked to 3 people in the past 90 min and have once again been transferred. The closest store is 90 min away and I guess I will have to be forced into driving there! I will never again buy from this store. I am sick to my stomach over this and so agree I'M sure my bop is off the charts! Stay away from these folks who claim to have expert service. HA! They wouldn't know customer service if it bit them in the backside!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Best Buy appliance department is the worst! They advertise "We'll handle everything", so I bought a floor model washer & new dryer for home delivery. I set aside a work day to accept delivery, but they showed up with the wrong washer. The delivery folks were powerless to resolve. After wasting a morning for the delivery folks to leave without a resolution, I wrote manager "Cherisse **" an email explaining the situation. No response! I then worked with the Best Buy appliance staff to reschedule a date for the right machines that I bought and...they showed up AGAIN with the wrong products. Unbelievable! I ended up canceling out the whole order... But have been living for close to a month now without a washer & dryer. The Worst Buy.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

In February 28th, 2019, we walked to Best Buy, the store where we buy all of out electronics from, to buy new kitchen appliances. The representative told us that the "Samsung Bundle" of a fridge, oven, microwave and dishwasher would grant us their Feb promotion if items were bought by the 28th of FEB 2019 as well as 10% rebate promotion from Samsung itself . He handed us the promo print-out along with the receipt. Mind you that Samsung is top of the line and certainly is more expensive than many other brands. We had till April to fill in the information on Samsung's website. On march 3rd, I logged in, filled in all the required info and submitted it. Today is August 9th 2019. I contacted Samsung to see what happened with the rebate. The Samsung rep assured me that BEST BUY alongside other retailers were excluded from that promotion.

So I contacted Best Buy and was told that the "Samsung rep must have been uninformed," that "Best Buy has the best contract with Samsung, no other retailer has a connection like ours." I told the manager I will give him the benefit of doubt and call Samsung again. Guess what? He was lying. That promotion excluded some retailers and Best Buy was excluded. I was emailed 42 pages of fine print that clearly stated Best Buy was excluded. I called back the manager and told him that what I'm upset about is that I had to pay much more for Samsung in hopes of getting back some money back from the rebate promo. I could have bought a cheaper brand. His reply to me was, "Sorry, there is nothing I can do for you." I told him that some decency and honesty would be nice. Lying to customers in order to score a sale is a scam. I hate being hustled. I'm not gonna let this slide without consequences.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Do not I repeat do not do the price match guarantee!!! WITH "WORST" BUY!!! If they price match an 3400 item from another store (say a Samsung refrigerator) and say LOWE'S has it in on sale for 1900 at a 4th of July sale or LABOR DAY sale or something, and say a week, a month or 6 months later the item malfunctions. "WORST" BUY will cover the warranty and replace the item under the WEAK SQUAD protection plan, but if you've remodeled your whole kitchen with high-end appliances be prepared because they will not give you a replacement item of what you thought you've purchased is WORTH, but they are going to look at the PRICE MATCH you got in the beginning and only give you a little cheap 1900 fridge. Guess what? You might as well have purchased the one that's on sale somewhere else???? Best WORST BUY.... that sounds like bait and switch to me????

Best Buy Company Information