1.32/5

3625 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I purchased a stove and microwave which was scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. The night before I received a call saying they would be there between 9 am and 1 pm. On Wednesday I received another call informing me that it would be later than 1 pm, but they would call a half hour before. At 2:20 I got an automated call that said they are at my front door and would wait 15 minutes. Sent my neighbor to my house and no one was there. I call Best Buy and after 15 minutes I talked to someone who put me on hold then disconnected after 30 minute wait.

Called back and for the second time customer service rep disconnected again. Went to store and they basically said they couldn't help me and a case manager would call me. She called that evening and said she could not give me a delivery date or time until next day. Another case manager called Thursday and said the earliest they could delivery was the following Monday which I told her was unacceptable. She needed to make it earlier. Here it is Saturday and still no reply from case manager or delivery date. Worst experience with customer service and Best Buy ever. Will not be shopping there again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased 3 new large appliances. They were delivered on time as promised, and the delivery people were excellent. No manuals with any of the appliances. Took a couple of days to figure out how to switch the frig from "demonstrator" mode, and ended up losing food; it had spoiled. The installers came to hook up the D/W but they had not provided the anchors. The salesperson, Leah (from the Duncan BC store) continually followed up and finally about a month later, it was secured. The installers were flexible to my work hours and very professional. I believe that it was just little oversight, but it was really a hassle. Thank heavens for Leah for helping me through a challenging time.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased a Best Buy gift card for my Mother to purchase a new cell phone. We went to our local Best Buy at 4413 Birkland Pl. Easton, PA 18045 and were taken care of by **. Everything went well with our selection and purchase until we tried to pay for the cell phone with the gift card. We were informed by ** that we could not purchase a cell phone with a gift card. I checked the gift card and there were no such restrictions listed. I do find it hard to believe Best Buy would place such restrictions on their gift cards, but ** checked with a supervisor who said the same. I was going to make the purchase with my debit card and then decided not to spend my money at Best Buy. We left and purchased the same phone at WalMart. Unfortunately I now have a Best Buy gift card that I really don't want.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I needed an external hard drive to transfer files from old MacBook Pro to my new iMac. I asked if I could get a credit card. They ran my license through their cash register and I was approved. The Hard drive was $84 dollars. A month later when the bill arrived it was for $184 dollars. When I called they told there was membership fee of $59 dollars. I was never told about this. This is Best Buy operates people. This is Best Buy.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Our home is being repaired after the Harvey hurricane flood. We bought a high end Samsung replacement refrigerator and GE Monogram range from the Best Buy in Sugar Land, Texas. A nightmare of incompetence, cross-functional blame and damage ensued. Range delivered two months before install awaiting flooring cabinet installation. When they went to install, discovered they did not have the correct connection kit for what they sold us. We got bounced around on promises for a follow-up up installation. Promises made on appointments and times of arrival were not kept. Spoke to a corporate employee named Jesse, who said he would make sure it got handled but that they did not think the original connection kit was the wrong one and asked me to go buy it at Home Depot and they would reimburse me. I did.

Having had enough of the broken promises, I went over to the local Best Buy where I bought this range and got reimbursed for the connection kit and was told by the store manager "they should have had the correct installation kit with them when they came to install the range"! The crew came the next day. They said although I had the right kit, another fitting needed to be replaced and I would have to buy another fitting and schedule another installation team to finish the install. These guys damaged one of the new cabinet doors. Had to buy another $30 connection kit to get the single fitting. We had to delay the counter installation because Best Buy would not expedite someone back to finish the installation. Finally done two days later - after rescheduling yet again another "show up" time promise.

All told, weeks delay, multiple broken promises on appointments, utter Three Stooges level incompetence at Bothe the local, warehouse, 3rd party service and Corporate levels added to the cost of replacing a new cabinet door, a second connection kit, two trips to Home Depot and one trip to Best Buy. All of this to get these people to do what should have been done the first time correctly. I would eat broken glass with a spoon before I would buy major appliance from this store chain that is riddled with anti-customer service execution from one end to another and, by the way, screens reviews submitted about their local stores for the website to put in only 4 star or better reviews. Buyer beware of Best Buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I do not recommend anyone shopping at Best Buy. We purchased a microwave from them less than 60 days ago. It stopped working after a few uses. I took it back to the store today and they will not return it. I have to contact the manufacturer. They only take back things within 15 days. What a joke!!! What happened to standing behind products you sell. Very frustrated!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Purchased (3) appliances, including delivery & setup. Received email with hyperlinks to schedule delivery and setup - so far, so good. However... clicked links, received the following: "We’re sorry, something went wrong. You can use our search bar or pick a category below. If you typed in a URL, check it for errors." Really...? It was Best Buy's own URL/link...! Tried again, same result. Waited (1) day, thinking their network and/or servers are having trouble - every business has that now and then. However, next day, same result, over and over. Called to talk to someone; (888) # easy to find and use, but what amaze trying to reach a live person (Pressing "0" doesn't work to bypass all of that IVR stuff the way it used to for many businesses.).

So the customer's on the phone, on hold for at least (16) minutes that was the estimate, anyway, to deal with - once again - a technical problem of the business's making. If the link isn't going to work for (2) days in a row, please don't send it to me. Just ask me to call and avoid at least some of the frustration. Hoping the delivery team - usually really good with any company - can salvage at least some of our excitement over the new appliances. I cut up my Best Buy card years ago after a similar experience. My wife got me a new one recently. Time to get out the scissors again. Thanks for listening.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Ink Cartridge Empty. I bought at the store because it was on sale, I installed it as always with all the steps I have to do, when I make the first page printing the printer asks to replace the new cartridge ("new") because was almost empty, I remove it and reinstall it, here the pic speak by itself. I go to the store to claim and they told me that because of company policies the inks have no guarantee or claim whatsoever, that I have to contact with EPSON. I ask them where should I communicate, and they tell me to look for the internet number. After 1 hour calling here and there they tell me that it is very difficult for them to do something for me. This is called pure and simple theft, but of course this is the typical history of egg and stone, a simple customer against 2 multinationals policies that steal the customer's money shamelessly, I lose my money and my time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have been a Best Buy customer for years now, and so I really regret having to write this review, as I have usually been a happy customer. I received a letter this summer saying that I was eligible for the new Best Buy Visa Card, and that if I did not want it, all I had to do was call the phone number on the letter by August 19 and I would not receive the new card. So I called because I did not want the new card, and spoke with a representative.

About a month or so later, guess what came in the mail? My new Best Buy Visa Credit Card, the very same card that I declined! I called Best Buy and they said that yes, they can see when I called, and that I did indeed decline the card, but they are now deactivating my original card and I will have to use the new BB Visa card. I then said that I am trying very hard to pay down my credit card bills, and that I already have a Visa, and that I did not want the new BB Visa card. They then transferred me to a supervisor, who was like, "Oh yeah we sure did send you the new BB Visa card," all happy and chipper (virtual phone punch).

I then said I called by the date to say I did not want the card, and even though they had a record of me calling, they still went ahead and sent me the new card. Why was I given the option to get the new card or not if it was not honored? That's like saying I have an allergy to chocolate sauce, and them just pouring chocolate sauce all over my ice cream, completely disregarding my request. If this continues, I will cancel my card and deal with a company that listens to and honors their customers' requests.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

An hour after my scheduled delivery I reached out to customer service via 888-best-buy. The representative was more than understanding and said there was a glitch in their system which resulted in the delivery not being confirmed at the retail store. Not only did he reach out to the store manager who would be following up with me, but he would offer me a $100 gift card to compensate for the issue. Sounded great but of course after speaking to the store manager I got an entirely different story. He basically accused me of not confirming my delivery time properly and said the earliest they could deliver would be 3 days later - Tuesday.

I spoke to customer service again and decided to go to the store to pick the TV up myself. It wasn't ready. They were finally able to release it to me but with zero paperwork. I thought it seemed strange so I reached out to customer service again. I told this rep the entire story and she said she'd need to ask a supervisor. Once the supervisor came on, she said she saw the note from the 1st rep about a gift card and asked me if he had a supervisor approval. I said, “I didn't know.” She said, “Of course they couldn't extend that courtesy.” Those are my words not hers.

I knew she didn't care about my frustration so I told her how I felt and tried calling back to see if I'd get yet another story. As of 630 PM. No one answers any longer. I'm very unimpressed by their service today. Yes I did get the TV. But after 5.5 hours of work on my part and a delivery that never happened, I'd just like someone to be aware of this crappy company experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I went to Best Buy after getting a new phone. I needed a screen protection. They had none and said I needed a custom fit ClearPlex. I went home and went back, got it done. But it had dust under it. Went back again. This time a manager of Geek Squad did it. Took 45 minutes. There was a hair right in the center. Went back again. The same guy did it again. He also said he had a solution from a previous store that they never worked with but now got their normal stuff. I spoke to the store manager. Asked if I can get my money back since I've had to come back and forth and waste time. He said, "I can't but I'll give you 10 back" from the 30 I paid to help with gas.

Waited 24 hours. Put the Defender case on and it bubbled on the sides. Went back again for the 5th time. Asked for a manager. I wanted a full refund back and no trying again. He said, "I can only give you 20 back since you got 10 yesterday." I said, "This is ** ridiculous. I should get my full 30 back." He said, "If you continue to swear we won't exchange." I said, "Fine." Then he's like, "I need your ClearPlex cover back too. So rip it off." As I was taking my case apart the lady had the nerve to say, "You don't need to take off your case to take off the ClearPlex." Little did she know it was under the case because it's side screen phone. I got my receipt. No sorry, no have a good day. Nothing. I wasted 30 dollars and loads amount of time and frustration. Never returning.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Every time I forget about my last BAD experience with Best Buy and purchase something with them again, I REGRET it. Purchased a washer and dryer set, delivery and installation. After I tipped the delivery & installation team and they left, I ran a cycle on my washer. When my laundry room, part of my kitchen and part of my basement flooded, I called to have it fixed. In between visits to the hospital for my dad who had a stroke, I had to get the delivery team back to fix the problem, which was the hose that emptied all the dirty water out of the machine.

Dispatch said they would help, then they sent me to Best Buy customer service, who sent me to their insurance company, who sent me to the delivery insurance company. Two weeks later, they won't even call me to make this right. I'm so glad I paid $100+ for delivery and installation and even tipped those guys $20 to ruin my day and house. DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE IF YOU EXPECT SOMETHING GOOD.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Purchased Whelan TV Table from BestBuy. Arrived with glass completely shattered. No one would help me to get it picked up for return. Way too heavy for me to lift. Transferred from person to person with long phone wait times! They do not take responsibility for what they sell.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Brought a Xbox 1 controller with a warranty about a month ago. To make a long story short they did not honor the warranty when the controller broke. Stowe PA location. Do not shop or buy warranties there! They will rip you off!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased an item in the store. I realize that it has a manufactures warranty. I did not realize that unless you pay for Best Buys warranty you do not exist. I was passed from person to person getting different answers each time. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I ask her for her name. "May" she says and I ask if she was a supervisor. She assures me she is. She proceeds to insist on sending me back to the first people I spoke with. I tell her that it is obvious that she and nobody else can actually help me and that if I don't "Exist" as a customer that I would request her to completely have my profile and e-mail removed from their system. She tells me she cannot do that as she is not a supervisor.

After approximately an hour and a half I finally gets someone who tells me. "The fact is that if you do not purchase the Best Buy warranty that you are on your own after ten days." Why shop in the store? I prefer to believe that as a consumer I am helping the local store stay open by shopping in the store. That being said I should have saved a few dollars by purchasing online and probably would have gotten better service. Instead I give Best Buy 200.00 to be told I am on my own.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The first printer had a power problem took it back the next day and exchanged it. The second printer work for five months took it back to 4229 e. McCain store and was told the fifteen day return policy is up. I told ** all I wanted was a printer that work wasn't trying to get money back. he said I'm sorry all I can do is give you HP's information you can sent it back to them and they will take care of the problem for you. if you had purchased Best Buy's warranty I could take care of this problem for you I said to him this is the second time I had I had to bring this purchase back.

I made the purchase at the 11800 Chenal pkwy store but moved and I'm closer the McCain store. I think it sad that Best Buy standby products they are selling unless you purchase a second warranty. I know I'm not going to make or break Best Buy but if I have wait a week or more to get my printer I will have buy another one and I will never make another purchase from Best Buy. The HP Officejet 8600 worked for several years and I purchased from Best Buy.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

You cannot order anything then pick it up in-store with a different person than the buyer. Online, there is no option to change the person who picks up the item. They will tell you there is an option on the phone and online in customer service when in reality there is none. The website is dysfunctional and the service is terrible. People at the Best Buy store are unwilling to compromise by any means.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I bought my grandson a headset for his PS4 to play Fortnite, brand Turtle Beach for $65. The microphone stopped working after 3 weeks. We returned for another 1 and bought the Geek Squad warranty. After 4 weeks the microphone stopped working. We went to the store. I was told I was lucky I purchased the warranty cause now I could get in-store credit otherwise I would be out $65. Their return policy is 15 days. I was lucky the first time I returned them. So in order to get a credit you have to spend $11.99 for Rip Off Buy’s warranty. So we’re stuck picking out a different headset and purchase another Geek Squad warranty since the warranties are only good for the 1 purchase. Customer Service was nothing but rude, said I’m lucky to get in store credit and smiles and said “Have a nice day”. Will NOT be shopping at Rip Off Buy/Best Buy, Walmart or Target from now on.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator 8 months ago, and of course with their famous Geek Squad plan, 5 years protection. I thought just for peace of mind. The fridge stopped cooling and making and loud noise. I called Best Buy and they said cause it’s less than one year old then, it is still under the manufacturer warranty. They gave me the number of Frigidaire and I called them, and Frigidaire deals with Mr. Appliance so they gave me their number. Mr. Appliance does not answer, but all’s back in 24-48 hours. They called back and scheduled an appointment in a week.

The tech checked on it and said the fan is not working and left. I called back and they said they have to order the fan which will take 10 business days (so 2 weeks). I called Best Buy again as it does not make any sense for paying for 5 years warranty and not getting it fixed (and I did not even ask why it stopped working in only 8 months). The Best Buy Geek Squad said they cannot send someone cause they are not available in my area till 3 weeks, and they advised me to call Frigidaire again. Called again and now their system is not working and they asked me to call back in 24 hours.

I called Best Buy again to complain that this not a proper service, and their fees squad guy said that they will try to connect me to some third party and advised me to tell them that it’s been 10 days and I am not getting anywhere so maybe they fix it quickly. I finally told them that I won’t call as they should be dealing with this as I purchased a 5 year protection plan as peace of mind, and not I should be making all there purposeless phone calls (and every time the photo me call is like 30 mins or so), and I told the Best Buy guy that I give up and I will just order a new fridge from Home Depot, and he just said that he is sorry that he cannot help.

I decided to call Best Buy the last time to cancel the 5 years protection plan as it is useless and I am going to throw away the fridge anyway, and I decided not to deal with them anymore I ask wanna them to cancel a 3 year warranty on a range that I just purchased as I thought those warranties are useless. I stayed on the phone for 35 minutes and the lady could not find the warranty for the range. She even called the service department and she got back to me saying “they could not give me any information and they just hung up,” so I asked the lady; so purchased a plan that does not exist?

And she could not give me an answer. Then I asked her that is it better if I walk to a Best Buy store, and she said yes I am try that. Then I asked her, “would you like me to call the credit card company and dispute the transaction?” And she said yes please do as the service department did not answer her also! Horrible experience. I did not think something like that happens with such a big company! Will never buy anything from there again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have never written a bad review before but today called for one. Travis from this location, the manager, was absolutely the most rude and inconsiderate person I have ever met. I have been to this Best Buy 5 times now and each time I was told a different stylus would work on my computer. After buying 4 stylus' that Best Buy said would work for my laptop, not one of them worked. Naturally I was frustrated. I talked to the manager trying to let him know I have been here 5 times now and not one of the people I have talked to could help me.

I took it upon myself to do my own research, that Best Buy could not do, to find a stylus that works for my laptop. I found one on the HP website and showed them and they told me their Best Buy website shows that it isn't compatible with my laptop. So essentially they had the wrong information on their website about THEIR product. The manager was severely disrespectful on how he handled it and I absolutely do not recommend going to this Best Buy. I truly cannot believe someone could treat me with complete disregard.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased 3 appliances at Best Buy (cheaper when bundled) and received a free Amazon Echo as part of my purchase. Nice right? No, it actually saved Best Buy from price matching the appliances when they were reduced in price the following week. "Based on our price match policy, Best Buy does cover orders that have free items on it for price match. The offer now is different from the offer you had before when you placed the order and for this we cannot process the price match. We apologize for this." This was especially disheartening since the Best Buy Associate said they would and never mentioned the free item caveat during our discussion prior to purchase. So lesson learned. Nothing in life is free.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I was doing research at a Best Buy in Attleboro MA. I could of ordered the TV online at Best Buy online or at Amazon and get it quicker, but because I was at the store and they answered my questions I chose to purchase it at the store and get it shipped. I didn't realize at the time there are return implications. The TV was damaged and I needed to return it. I called customer service and the store and was told I must bring it to the store. No other way to do it. When people ship there is usually a reason! And bringing it to the store is an issue. In my case it involves bringing it over in my car on a ferry from an island off the coast of MA.

As an FYI, I keep a car on both sides so I did not need to bring my car over to buy it, I was in the area. People should be warned. To play it safe order online or just buy on Amazon. After 8 phone calls and finally reaching the right person. It was resolved and I got to mail the TV back. This involved 8 calls and at least 4 or 5 hours on the phone with customer service over three days.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Set up in home TV repair, tech arrived as scheduled. Needed to order parts, set up return appointment. Got text appointment date, tech on way, never showed up. Called GS, they had no idea why appointment canceled, but informed me I had a new appt. date. That day came and went, called again, still no idea why tech did not show up, but had new appt. date. I changed it to a different day. Well I called today (8\21). Well appt. was changed to Sep 05 or later. I’m guessing waiting for parts, not one other the agents had any clue. No one knows why their system could not notify me of changes, or why my info. Was not available on line at Best Buy, even agents had difficult time locating my info. Really not impressed, will NEVER use them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I was told by Best Buy salesperson that I would get a price reduction on the purchase price of the Geek Squad plan if the product price was reduced which resulted in price reduction in the Geek Squad plan price. I spoke with 4 people, online chat - Agent Eva **:- & was refused by the online people to be transferred to a manager after numerous requests. They do not honor their policy to price match - Chris ** and then refuse to connect you to a manager. I suggest you use any other provider than Best Buy.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

AWFUL service from Best Buy Coconut Point Bonita Springs, FL. Purchased a Sony 65" top of the line television and 1 year later it will not turn on! We also purchased a protection plan that is worthless!!! 5 appointments later and 3 Geek Squad techs, 3 weeks later and they still cannot fix it!!! They are making us wait another week for another geek unqualified tech to try to fix it. The protection plan is a WASTE of MONEY!!! They said they would replace it after trying to fix it 3 times and they lied.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

After having made multiple laptop purchases over the years from the Best Buy in Florence, KY 41042, this purchase experience is the absolute worst. Even after paying extra to have the laptop setup by their Geek Squad, it was delivered without certain programs that were on my old Laptop, and were supposed to have been installed on the new laptop costing over $1,100. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought the Insignia 32-in TV for my cabin. I have good luck with Best Buy. I do not know why they sell an obviously flawed item. We went to our place and had no TV to watch; only a red light. The TV probably has 10 hours on it. It sure looks nice... but trash. I think I'm going to make Fry's my new electronics store after the way Best Buy acted when I told them what happened.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I'd give these guys zero stars if I could. I bought my son a car stereo with installation for his birthday. He booked an appointment at the City of Industry, CA location only to find out the car install department was closed. He was redirected to the West Covina, CA location and was given an appointment at 3 pm. He showed up early and when 3 pm came, he was told he had to wait another 30 mins. At 3:30, he checked with the installer again, and the installer told him he needed to take his lunch and my son would have to wait another hour.

AFTER the hour passed, the guy looked at the car and told my son he had to pay an ADDITIONAL $80 for the installation! I called customer service, was hung up on twice, was told I needed to "be professional" when I automatically asked for a supervisor, and when I finally spoke to someone, I was connected to a store supervisor. When I expressed my concern, he handed the phone to the installer. I didn't want to deal with the installer. I've dealt with him before and he was a condescending jerk then. I asked to speak with the supervisor, Thomas, again, when he started condescending me (no surprise there) explaining to me business "lunch laws". Needless to say, I am returning the product and cancelling all my Best Buy services. I've had it with these clowns.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I won't be surprised if they close out like the other retailers: Toys R Us, Sears, JCPenney etc. They beyond suck to balls. In the last year they adopted The Retail Equation "evaluator" that automatically bans you from returning items, even if it's legit, such as several purchased items that turned out defective or wrong style or what like a computer or gaming equipment or a media center. You're out the $500+ you paid, stuck with the unwanted or defective items. Best Buy assumes they've done the right thing, but they didn't. I didn't even know I was on this "evaluation ban" list, until I tried returning a phone I'd bought on their website, in exchange for a different phone. The 800 hotline was no help, just gave me the broken line runaround.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have recently had an absolutely horrible experience with a Best Buy delivery, and their subcontracted delivery company: JB Hunt, and their subcontracted claims processing company: Sedgwick (which I think may be a bot, not an actual person - because the guy from Sedgwick never responds to an email and his VM is always full). And I want to warn everybody: Do not buy a large appliance from Best Buy no matter how enticing their 0% for 18 month payment plan is. Resist!!! They send totally inexperienced installers in unmarked trucks, and take no responsibility for damage done to your house by them, or to install it correctly.

They did serious damage to my front door which is not a cheap fix, and they also broke the brand new fridge while doing so, and then they ran out without even telling me! Dealing with the three companies involved to file the claim and get my door fixed is like dealing with a black hole. And they actually told me to pay for the repair myself and then submit a claim in the "hopes" that they will reimburse me. No. Not ok. I sent the broken fridge back and bought another from YALE. 100% better experience. And because I returned the fridge, Best Buy considered my case closed and solved. No, my door is still broken. And JB Hunt, the company Best Buy hired to deliver the fridge, is unresponsive.

Bottom Line: Best Buy is responsible for the people and companies they hire and subcontract to. They can not wipe their hands off an issue that they created by hiring sub-par subcontractors. In addition, I discovered that Best Buy/JB Hunt makes their delivery guys deliver 20 appliances a day! Inhumane. And evidently doesn't give enough time for an installation to be done correctly. Other appliance stores I asked only require their men to deliver 10 a day max. Letters will be going out to the CEOs of both Best Buy and JB Hunt, and to the Globe. If you live in MA, USE YALE NOT BEST BUY. You will be much much happier.

Best Buy Company Information