Best Buy

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had an age old washer/friend die on me.:-(. I went shopping for another washer that would help our family with the laundry. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and admire the technology greatly. Therefore, I decided to give the Samsung washer a try. I went to the Best Buy online store and placed our order. Well the product arrived on time and in excellent condition. Things went fine for the first month or so. My wife and I loved it. She sang little tunes upon completing a cycle. We loved our new washer. We even nicknamed it Sammie. Fast forward a bit and Sammie started to malfunction. It would not spin or spout water. All it would do is give us these cryptic codes. I called Best Buy when we had finally had enough and figured out that Sammie was a lemon of a washer.

I got one guy in Geek Squad who was no help at all! I escalated the issue because the washer was new. I got a kind representative in their Chino, California office. She did not waste my time admonishing me with Best Buy policy or anything. Her first words to me were, "I am going to help you." And for some reason, I knew at that moment, my problem was in good hands. In no less than 7 minutes, the rep Kadine returned and informed me that a replacement was on the way. I want to thank the Best Buy team for your assistance and hiring people who know how to resolve a client issue and keep a long term customer. I am the founder and head of a Digital Services organization and will be using Best Buy as our primary vendor for all of our computer and other electronic needs in the future. Thank you!

Dealing with Best Buy has been nothing but a nightmare. I purchased a washer and dryer on 8/31 and they scheduled the delivery for 8/4 from 12-4. Two guys showed up, which could not speak or understand English too well. After they took out the old units I went up to check, and it seemed everything was going smoothly. They brought the new units upstairs.

Once they finished the install they came down and asked to sign the paperwork. They were in such a rush to leave; I felt something was not right. Before allowing them to leave, I just wanted to make sure everything was done correctly. As soon as I got upstairs I noticed the huge crack on the mirror doors. Couldn’t believe they tried leaving without letting me know they did damage to the house. When I asked them what happened, they had a dumb look on their face and tried telling me “no”. Then said “no call, me fired no job tomorrow”. On top of that, the vent kit that Best Buy said I had to buy or my warranty would not be valid, they didn’t even install. I also noticed that they never leveled the machines.

I called Best Buy immediately and they said they took down all my information. I was told they would start the claim process and get the install team back to finish the install. I was given the name Michelle **; she was to give me a call to resolve the issue. The first call I got was Kelli **, she was from the Claims department. Once again she asked me the details and told me someone would get back to me. Then I got another call, can’t remember her name, but she informed me that the claim paperwork would be mailed out to me. That I would need to send back the paperwork with a quote and picture of the damage.

After that I didn’t hear back from anyone else. Still had a washer and dryer I couldn’t use.

About two days went by and I passed by Best Buy to try to get the issues resolved. The manager Matt tried telling me that it is ok to use my washer and dryer even though they didn’t hook up the new vent kit, which was the total opposite of what every other person in Best Buy told me. I told him that I need these issues resolved or I am going to return the material. He said he would put a high priority on this issue and assured me that Michelle ** would get back to me within 24 hours.

Two days go by and I still didn’t hear anything from anyone within Best Buy. At this point, now it's Friday my boyfriend and I go back up to Best Buy. We explain the entire story, once again now to Mike. He tells me he is emailing every possible manager to try to get an installer back to the house to finish the job. I tell him I want it done by tomorrow. They give me the song and dance and tell me that someone will contact me. But of course no one calls me on Saturday, so I call up the store and speak to Matt again. He tells me that they can’t get the install done til Monday. I tell him I have to work can they make it after 5, he says it shouldn’t be a problem.

Well Monday comes and no one from Best Buy shows up. Then I get a call Monday night that they will have an installer there Tuesday between 12-4. I explain to the lady that the time frame will not work; it would have to be after 5. She tells me she will change the time. Well Tuesday comes and I get a call from the driver at 3:00 saying they are 5 minutes away. So now I have to leave my job, rush home. I’m sitting outside and I watch the truck slow down as they get in front of the house and then drive off. It looked like it was the same delivery/installer that screwed up. So now I am done with Best Buy… I will never buy another thing from them again.

Sony 850e TV - I purchased a 75in Sony TV and paid $2400 cash. The tv has a problem so I went to return the set. They told me I could get my money back if I was not satisfied. Here is the problem. They only want to give me $800 cash and the balance of $1600 in a company check that takes 5 weeks to get. This is horrible. I paid cash and should get it back immediately. I should receive cash back like I paid. Not a check. No one should be allowed to do business this way. They are crooks. I will never do business with them again. Beware.

I do not recommend purchasing a protection plan for an Apple cell phone through Best Buy. You will be charged a monthly payment that far exceeds the actual amount of Apple Care. Best Buy charged $8.79 per month which over a 2 year protection period equals $210.96. I cancelled my protection 21 months into it after paying $184, and my coverage ended. Apple Care charges a one-time upfront payment of $129 and it covers the entire two years. So in summary, I paid more and got lot less coverage by going through Best Buy.

Writing this before I actually get the computer returned to me so I may be worrying for nothing. I bought Geek Squad protection for a year and was told to bring my 3 yr old laptop in for a tuneup. When I did, they ask why, and I mentioned that it was slow at times (for my son at school but that it works perfectly fine for me at home). The Rep who was new and checking in my computer (not a technician) said "It could be a failing hard drive". When I questioned the "spontaneous diagnosis" I was told that hard drives do not last that long. Then when his supervisor came in to make sure the paperwork was correct (since kid was new), He also said Slowness is the first sign of hard drive failure and that them running diagnostics against my computer could crash it completely.

Did I want to pay $99 to have my files backed up in case? I was shocked and almost took my computer back home without the tune-up. I felt like they were predicting them breaking a perfectly functioning computer. I said "You cannot break the hard drive b/c I am giving you a functioning computer" and that I thought there was something in the bootup that was hitting internet immediately and that is why it was slow for my son at school. I was told "When the hard drive starts to fail, it gets intermittent connectivity". I guess I will see what the real tech says, but regular employees should not predict problems or "cover" themselves by warning customers that the computer is going to break. There will be issues if my computer gets broken by the tune-up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Hands down the worst experience. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and told me the purchase was confirmed. Called back 15 minutes later to ask a question to find out they cancelled the order. Best Buy is closing stores around the nation because of a lack of customer service. Amazon will be happy to take my $3,500.

I went to Best Buy to purchase a washing machine. I found one, an open box special, that fit my needs. The manager verified that the unit had not been used, but was a floor model that was in perfect working condition. I ordered it and it was supposed to be delivered on a Friday. I received a call on Thursday confirming the delivery the next day between 4-8 pm. Of course, no delivery on Friday, and NO call. I spend too much time trying to find out what happened. On Saturday, I was told the washer was "damaged" and could not be delivered. On Monday, I was told I could buy a "new" washer at a much higher price! Really? It looks like a "bait & switch" to get me to buy the higher price washer. I have been a loyal Best Buy customer for some time. Not anymore.

This is a ** move to trick a buyer into paying more for a product AFTER they sell you on at a cheaper rate. The manager, Masood **, should be ashamed of such a sales tactic, but is apparently all in with it. I called him on Monday to discuss, but never received any return call. Needless to say, I took my business elsewhere (Home Depot) and suggest that any other customers consider doing likewise, to avoid the Best Buy "flimflam". What is particularly obnoxious is that Best Buy decided sometime on Friday that they would not deliver the washer I purchased, and never called to let me know that the washer would not be delivered later that day, so my tenant waited FOR FOUR HOURS FOR NOTHING. Great customers service, Masood!

I needed to upgrade my iPad to the large screen for business purposes - I brought my existing iPad in so the sales person could review. I purchased the item and wrote a check in the amount of $1530.61. After transferring all data from the old one to the new one and taking it out in the field - there was no cellular data. I then had to re-transfer data to the old iPad and returned the item to the store 3 days later, at which time, they informed me that because my refund was in excess of $250 the refund check would have to be mailed. This was NEVER told to me at the time of the purchase - and, they converted my check to an electronic funds transfer.

I have not received my refund. I called the 800 number on September 1 and talked with a customer service rep - he checked on the refund and said it would be mailed out on Sept. 8th. I have still not received the refund. I called again and spoke to two different customer service reps - they both said that the check would be routed through the local store - so I drove to the local store - they have NEVER heard of such a thing. I called the 800 number back again - only to be told they were going to escalate this, but it would take 96 hours to confirm the details of the refund - once verified, they would resend the refund check - which will take another 10 - 14 business days to get in the mail. So, by writing a check, that was electronically verified - I am now having to wait over two months on a refund of my money. This is fraudulent. Bestbuy has used my money for 8 weeks and giving me a runaround in refunding.

My children purchased an Aluratek 14" digital frame for my birthday. They spent $140 plus tax. They purchased it about a week before my birthday, and then since I was busy I didn't get the opportunity to set it up for another 3 weeks. I am very unhappy with this unit, the resolution is terrible and my pictures are freezing constantly. Knowing that Best Buy has a terrible return policy, I contacted the company, and all they can do is offer to send me another of the same model. I contacted BB directly and was told they no longer had anything to do with it as it was past 15 days. I was told to contact the manufacturer. I am really angry and although I NEVER shop at BB, my kids made the mistake of purchasing from them. NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!

I had purchased a camcorder online just a few days before a vacation only to find out it was nothing like I had expected it to be. The pictures were very deceiving to the size & functions & operating it was a challenge to make it worse! I did not get a chance to return it before I had to leave. I was out of the country for a total of 12 days. I came back to my pet being severely sick & spent a week with him in the hospital, causing me to go over their "15 day return policy".

I owe $7000 in vet bills now & all I wanted to do was return a camcorder that I no longer have a use for, in perfect condition & get my money back & for some reason they can't do that!? By far the WORST customer service EVER. To make matters worse, when they rejected me at the store, I called their customer service & spoke with a manager who told me she would take care of it for me. I call back to find out what's going because I never received the shipping label she promised me to find out she basically lied to me about it. Unbelievable. I will never shop with Best Buy again.

Purchased an appliance package to receive additional 10% off, priced matched a fridge from Lowe's for a $600 less price, finished transaction online. Told delivery of all items would be 9/28/17. Get a call a few days later stating that two of items would be delivered the 15th, but the fridge not until 10/26 a whole month later. Then 4 days later I get an email to submit a different payment method, checked my credit card used for original purchase, charge taken out but credit then applied. Why? Looked at their policy. I believe it is because the fridge is on back order.

So I re-submit payment with payment with my bank card, payment taken from account, but few hours later get an email to use different payment method again. So next morning log into account because my husband was getting calls from fraud department, Best Buy was trying to process multiple new payments all different amounts from our account. Called Best Buy to find out what was going on and found out not only did they change the price of the fridge to regular price (not even sales price) and they were trying to charge me for that increased price along with charging me again for the original order.

I called their customer service line and no reason given for the increase in price, and she could not explain why all these payments were attempted. I found out that they charged my original payment method (credit card) $1200 on top of the $3400 that was taken out of my bank account. She said they did not show the credit of the $3400 so they were attempting payment from the other card without my authorization. Very frustrating experience and ended up canceling entire order because at this point have no idea what amount I was being charged and price increase was unacceptable.

Last kicker is the microwave was being shipped UPS (which was shipped on the 6th when original payment was authorized that they have no record of) so now I have to go to the store to return to get a refund. I have original emails and images of new total and payment attempts. Ok just checked my account again and now the $3400 from bank account was refunded but a new charge of $131 is now pending which I have no idea what that is for because if it is for the microwave since that is shipped, doesn't match the price.

I bought 2 of these TVs in March, 2017 for my new office. It's 9/8/17 & the office that was supposed to be available in April is open. Opened both boxes... one has spider cracks on screen & won't work. Came back to store & Michael **, a pipsqueak, says he is the manager on duty and I am just out the money because I didn't bring it back in 15 days. Heartless and disrespectful. Didn't even offer to discount another TV.

Sunday, Sept.3, 2017, I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S8 phone from Best Buy Store #406. No insurance program was discussed with me. I put the phone in my purse and drove the home. I pulled the phone out of my purse to show it off only to find the screen cracked. I looked at the return/replacement online. It says you have 14 days for return replacement or repair. Not so with cell phones. I took the phone to the Castleton Best Buy only to find out that they will not do anything. Nothing, nada. I was told that when you walk out of their door, you are on your own. Oh and if I had gotten the insurance it would be 11.99 per month for two years and between $90 and $200 to repair the screen with the insurance.

I bought 2 computers this weekend. When doing so we realized my husband and Had separate accounts. We had the accounts merged and were assured we could both manage the accounts. They then issued $30 worth of rewards with an expiration a year old. When I called today they said my husband had to call to talk with them. I explained we merged the account. The points really came from my account. They have to talk with my husband because they only put one name on the account - his. The supervisor explained that he had to talk to my husband. I explained this was not 1950. I'm returning the computers today and headed to APPLE where I will be treated equally. At Best Buy a woman's money is good but she's not good enough to manage a joint account!

Shady customer service. Guy act all friendly giving me discount etc. As he enters his stuff up in the computer monitor. Then just a second before checking in asks casually for my permission for the price of the laptop that went from 1k after taxes to 1.5k. I enquire about it, tells me he put in for a 4 year warranty with additional fees for windows 10 (windows 10 came with it but he felt the need to add it as extra cost). Got myself another sale representative and lowered the whole thing to single year warranty and no windows 10 (was gonna install my own version of windows 7) but windows 10 was already preinstalled there so I was gonna pay false fees... Anyways lowered it down to 1.2k. Be aware.

Total frustration! Placed online order for store pickup and specified that my wife would pick it up. Without any feedback, the website apparently rejected her and kept me as pickup (I later figured out by trial & error it is because I used my email address when entering her contact info, which the website PRE-ENTERED for me!). So I get a message the order is ready for pickup and 2 hours later she arrives, but they of course refuse and they tell her I can change the pickup person online. So I log on and finally figure out how to get her name to stick, and then they tell her she must wait at least 20 minutes more while they "do a security check on her" and then go find the product. Total disregard for customer service! I'm done with Best Buy.

I recently bought a product online from Best Buy. It was delivered in very poor condition. The box was smashed, there was a hole in it, and the product itself was so damaged it was unusable. I know this was a mistake from shipping, however when I went back to Best Buy to tell them about the damage, they said I will have to pay AGAIN for two-day shipping. I could have received free shipping, however the time for delivery was very unreasonable. I feel like I should have received FREE two-day shipping, especially since the damage was caused by shipping. Not very happy with this at all.

I just tried for the last 40 minutes to reach a single person in sales in 4 different stores in the Portland market and still have not reached a single live person. It has hold music, then rings, then hangs up - at all 4 stores!!! How do you expect to sell anything if you don't answer your phone?!

BEWARE: Best Buy has a 2 week refund/exchange policy. I tried to return a Panasonic phone after the 2 week period, did not expect or ask for a refund, and they REFUSED to give me even a store credit!!! I was told to go to one of their computers, look for another phone and they would order it for me. Or go home (with the crappy phone I was trying to return) to my own computer, find another phone I'd like, then go back to store and they would order it! Huh? Give me my money back in store credit form, let me do my research and order it my damn self!!! Receipt says NOTHING about not issuing store credits!!! I was told over and over for one hour I had no other choice.

Oh, I was also told I could purchase another phone in the store, however, this was the only Panasonic phone in the store (shelves quite empty, of course). I can put up with Best Buy holding (and keeping) my money since it's beyond 2 weeks but how dare they tell me WHEN to spend it and HOW to spend it!!! Who ever heard of no store credit??? Manager told me their computers are not equipped to issue store credits. If this is true, I find this very suspect. Please, please do not shop here!!! Don't know how they're getting away with this in 2017!!! Is it any wonder they're in the shape they're in?

I bought a Lenovo computer. Immediately the battery stopped charging, I called the store to get them to honor the warranty, never call Best Buy. They do not answer the phone. They just don't. They allow it to ring and ring and ring and ring, finally someone answers of course they do not give their name. I ask, "Why do I have to call for literally hours?" He just hangs up. Wow, I call back. This goes on over and over, then they also have some that demand why I want a manager because they full well know to complain but they stonewall.

Finally I give up for now, I plan on doing the only we can do nowadays with these thug companies. Complaining does no good. Only not giving them another penny. Never. Just don't. No matter how inconvenient just don't. They don't care about the customers and the employees don't care about their jobs. It is no wonder Amazon is killing it, not only is it a matter of time it is inevitable. Soon there will be only a few retail stores out of novelty and the few that survive that deliver service... decent prices for immediate purchases... and location and convenience. So, Best Buy has created a horrible company where profit is the only goal. They allow rudeness and disrespect and their employees like this but rest assured when the company goes under and it will no doubt. I will shed no tears when they go under. None.

I bought my Samsung Smart TV in March 2014 for $3000. Paid $419 for Geek Squad Protection for two years. TV stopped working in August 2017. Warranty is up so Best Buy and Samsung will do nothing about it. Really frustrated because the TV only lasted 3 1/2 years. The picture actually was going out over a year ago but we thought it was the remote. Turned up it was not. Was on the phone with Samsung and talk to customer service people then was on hold for over a half hour and then hung up on then talk to a supervisor named Christie and she just said “I'm sorry there's nothing we can do since the warranty is up.” Really frustrated. Have close to $4000 in the purchase. Went to Best Buy to see if there was anything they could do and they said if I want to pay 99.99 to have the Geek Squad come look at it they could do that but since the warranty was up there was nothing they could do either.

Recently I went to my local Best Buy store to purchase a second monitor for my computer. When purchasing electronics I have never been one to purchase the extended warranty. I've always been pessimistic about actually be able to use the extended warranty to my benefit should anything go wrong with the item I purchased. With that being said, this case was no different, I purchased the monitor I wanted without the extended warranty.

Once I got home and plugged the monitor in, I noticed there was a pixel out, somewhat annoyed I boxed the monitor back up and took it back to the store. After explaining the issue that I had with the monitor the representative happily replaced the monitor, and for my trouble they actually gave me the extended warranty for free. I thought this was a great gesture by them, and I really appreciate the wonderful customer service.

I went into the store and asked the representative about the best economical computer for a middle school student. He showed me a computer and told that was the best. It was a Lenovo Yoga. However, once they completed adding all the fees etc. The computer cost over $900. I was concerned and told the representative that was just not affordable at this moment. He then convinced me to apply for a Best Buy card and told me that there are no interest for one year. I went home and thought about and realized that was not a good financial decision to make. I was under the impression I had 30 days to return the product. I went back to the store 16 days later. When I got to the store, the rep asked me if there was anything wrong with the computer. I told her I did not use it so not sure if anything is wrong. She opened the box, uncoiled the cards and tried to turn on the computer.

It would not turn on. She asked why wasn't turning on. I told her, I don't know because I did not turn on the product. I then told her that I wanted to return the product. She then said she could not because it was used. I said to her, "You just opened the computer, it was not used." She then said some other reason for not taking back. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she is a supervisor. I told her again that I did not use the computer and that I wanted it returned. She then looked at the receipt and stated that I was past the return policy period. I said that is impossible, she stated that their policy is 15 days after purchase. I said to her no one pointed that out especially after they spent so much time convincing me to buy it. Also it is only one day past the 15 days return policy. I then asked for an manager.

Before the manager came this so called supervisor told the manager over the phone that I was trying to return a used computer. I stated loudly that the computer was not used. She then told the supervisor that it is opened. I then said incredulously, "You Opened the computer!" Her conversation to the manager before he came out to me implied that I was trying to return a used computer. Upon my insistence, the manager came over. He did not check out my purchase or asked me any questions. Instead, he just stated that he cannot take back the product. I explained that the computer was not used and that it was opened by the representative but the behavior indicated that he did not believe me. It very disappointing the way I was treated.

I have been a long time customer of Best Buy and have never returned an item before. This day (8-16-17). I couldn't believe the stance they took. It was clear they did not want to take back the product from the beginning. They were super attentive when I was purchasing but did not give a ** once they got their money. I will NEVER purchase any more items from them again.

Unbelievable, I placed a order online for 3 appliances, one finally got delivered, one I was able to cancel, and one went to wrong address. Omg... no wonder Amazon is growing the way they are with competition like this. Then when I called customer service, it was a disastrous. I am now calling CC company to cancel charge. Plus never ever buying from Best Buy either in store or defiantly never from their website.

I purchased a iPad online by debit card. When I went to check status on delivery I saw the purchase had been cancelled, the iPad was not available, it was a open box item. I called Best Buy customer service and was told that the charge would be pending for 3 business days and would fall off my account. After three days I checked my account and the purchase had cleared my account. Again I called customer service and was told I would receive my credit within 30 days. So I don't have my iPad nor my money. It does not say anywhere on the website that I would have to wait up to 30 days for a refund. DON'T BUY ONLINE FROM BEST BUY.

I and my wife have been excellent customers of your stores for many years. We have bought numerous items ranging from a refrigerator, to TV's, CD players, speakers, cell phones, phones, music and on and on. On Sunday 8/20/17 my son went to your BB store on Rea Rd. in Charlotte, NC. My son was buying a Sony Wi-Fi CD player and I wanted a new computer monitor. We struggled to get someone to wait on us (which happens way too often at BB) and so I found a warehouse person who was able to answer a couple of questions.

After picking out the CD player, with no help, we went to the computer monitor area, where again there was no-one approaching us. I found a young woman (long brown hair with glasses), who answered a few questions about monitors, admitting that she knew very little about them. I asked her about the 25" HP monitor that was advertised in a color section of the Charlotte Observer. It was advertised for $129 regularly $229. She verified the style advertised on line and that it was $229 but with the ad would be $129. I took the item to the cashier and gave him a description of the person who verified everything. He then became very "investigative" and asked that the woman that has assisted us to come to his POS.

They then discovered that the brochure I had was from the sale that just ended and that they wouldn't sell it at that price. I asked for the store manager in charge to come to the POS. Along comes Alexis ** who identifies herself as a manager on duty. She should not be handling customers, since she was rude and abrupt. I asked her what is more important to her 1) Satisfy the customer with a very reasonable request or 2) Stand behind their ad which she said ended on Sunday 8/20/17? I couldn't believe her answer which was not satisfy the customer but rather stick buy the advertising guidelines. This woman needs to not be on the sales floor and needs to understand how to handle customers.

I then asked for the store manager and along came a large black gentlemen who never gave me his card (nor did Alexis but I asked her for one and she had to go to the office to get one). He listened to my complaint and then he told me that he has worked in management for 25+ years. He said he would speak to Alexis on how she handled herself. I asked him what he was going to do to satisfy me? He said that he thought that I may not be interested, due to how I was handled in doing business with BB, but that he would honor the $129 price and he apologized. What he should have done was taken me aside and apologized professionally to me, stating that he and BB would be pleased to have my business and offer another 10% to 20% off for the embarrassment that they caused. I told him I would think about it and they may have lost me as a customer.

I then left with my son and will probably never come back in your store again. The choice is up to BB and the senior director of stores. I await your response. I clearly understand excellent customer service. It can make a company successful and it can destroy companies that just don't get it. I have for many years taught it to sales associates and management, at all levels. I am in retirement but own a successful company. I am now a consumer advocate that mainly deals with Senior Management of large corporations, who have lost contact with what is happening on the front lines, where the customer is being treated poorly.

I set up an appointment on 11/30/16 to put new audio speakers in my wife's car. When I got the car home, I called my wife outside to surprise her with the new speakers. Her old speakers had been bad for quite a while so I was really excited. My hearing is not very good so I didn't notice the right side or the dash speakers weren't working. She noticed it immediately. I took it back and they hadn't hooked up the right side speaker or replaced the dash speakers at all. They had only replaced the door speakers and not the small dash speakers.

They set me up another appt. for 12/12/16 to install dash speakers. Then my wife tells me that her left side door outside mirror is no longer working since we had the new speakers installed. Another trip to Best Buy finds that they forgot to hook the mirror back up. The wire was just dangling. Now it's been a few months and the small right side dash speaker just fell thru the opening in the dash. I took it back to the store and was very rudely told that they didn't have anyone to fix it and maybe I should take it to an outside shop to get it fixed.

Finally after speaking with another person at the customer service desk (in line for 20 min) they set me up an appt. for the following week. A different person worked on it and showed me where the other guy had broken the clip that holds the speaker in. He had taped it in with black electrical tape to hold it but as soon as it got hot the tape came loose and it fell thru again. He put it back in with a hot glue gun on 8/16/17. On 8/19 it fell thru again. This was my 6th trip to this store for one reason or the other and still not satisfied with my experience. I don't really know how they intend to fix this problem that they created by breaking the factory clip. I was warned by a friend about Best Buy before I had them do my installation but I didn't listen. Boy am I ever sorry. I'm done with Best Buy after this.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Well, after more and more and more phone calls and the correct amount of a refund finally figured out, I received my refund automatically today in the Amount of $372.32 after they took their $127.00 prorated fee for doing absolutely nothing, not even a replacement remote for that tv was sent for them to charge me this ridiculous prorated fee but, whatever. I am for sure not going to buy anymore Extended warranties from Bestbuy. I am just glad this is over. The confusion was on bestbuy's end with their tech support in India, I have nothing against them butThey just can't speak or properly understand English which made this a BIG problem for me. Either way I was forced to wait their ridiculous 30 day waiting period to get my money back. But it's done with. The American service rep by the name of Megan from facebook who assisted me in the last week of this battle has earned you a second star. She was a bit of a jerk too otherwisr i would have given 3 stars. Stay away from the Geek Squad Services.

Jose Luis of Los Angeles, CA on

Original Review

I am very dissatisfied with Geek Squad. So, here is my story: I cancelled two TV protection plans because I had a very bad experience with a AV receiver that kept shorting out from the HDMI out port to my TV. I kept taking it in for service 3 months after I got it in 2015, because the picture would turn black on the TV while hearing audio coming out of the speakers, they kept blaming my home theater speakers having a shorted out voice coil, speaker cables and HDMI cables. They even tried to blame my new LG OLED E6 TV which at the time was also under warranty through Best Buy Geek Squad. I had purchased a 4 year replacement warranty to have "peace of mind" what I got was more of a headache with the Chino, California Geek Squad Service Center.

All they kept doing was factory resets on my Yamaha receiver and sending it right back in the same condition. I finally got angry and told the manager at my local Best Buy in Glendale,CA after receiving the receiver back for the fifth time, that I wanted to file the LEMON LAW on my AV receiver, in the beginning the manager didn't want to do anything to help me, once I told him to put himself in my shoes and think about what he would like to have done if I was the manager, he finally agreed to replace it with a new unit with the condition of forcing me to buy a new warranty for the new receiver, I agreed just to get it out of the way.

Since I received the new AV receiver, I have NOT had any more problems with the picture cutting out. So that let me know that I was right about the older receiver having technical problems, and I am still using the same speakers, speaker wires and HDMI cables. Since then I chose to cancel my other Geek Squad warranties for the hassle I received over my AV receiver one that was made with my Citibank Best Buy credit card and one that was made with my personal Credit Union MasterCard. The Best Buy credit card was refunded within 48 hours back to the card which was pretty fast, (how convenient) for them to refund their own card right away, right?

While the Credit Union credit card has not been refunded at all to my personal credit card account. I have spoken to many Geek Squad reps from USA, to the Philippines and even India, since August 2 2017. The reps keep telling me that both my refunds were completed on August 4 2017 but only one has actually been refunded. I have contacted my Credit Union and they let me know that they DO NOT put any refunds on hold nor do they have "grace periods" nor do I have to wait 1 to 2 30 day "billing cycles" as Best Buy Geek Squad keeps stating about my Credit Union.

Today was my 15th call to Geek Squad over my personal MasterCard refund as it is the 12th day from the refund being "processed and completed" from their up to 10 days deal thing. Today I did get to talk to someone very polite and they even gave me the fund number that was used to supposedly wire over my refund to my personal credit card account on the side of a new reference number.

This was the only person who has assisted me further than any the other 22 people I talked to. However, this does me no good at as the refund still has not posted to my account. My Credit Union won't be able to use this "funds number" either to help me out. I've communicated with Best Buy through Facebook, Best Buy by phone and even by email, till this day I have not gotten anywhere. The refund amount is $521.25 that is A LOT OF MONEY... So I can't let this go.

What I would like to have done is for Geek Squad or Citibank, whoever is supposed to wire my money back to my credit card account to simply complete the process properly, so that I can get my money back. I can tell that there is a step missing to this refund and that is the wire transfer. That is literally the final step but no one is doing it even though I keep mentioning it to them!

Maybe the confusion was that I cancelled two TV warranties at the same time which shared a confirmation number but, that shouldn't even be the case. They are two different branded TVs and both have two different refund amounts. Here is my most recent reference number from today's 8/18/2017 phone call reference # ** .

The fund number is: ** not sure if that is the wire transfer number but there it is, amount is $521.25 prorated amount from the original protection plan purchase amount of $699.99 that was supposed to go back to my credit card account ending in **, my original purchase date for that protection plan was on 4/20/2016. I still have the same card I used for it, nothing has changed. The card number is the same, the expiration number is also the same because it expires on 2019 so that's is still a long time to go with the same card. There is no other excuse for it to not be refunded in a timely manner. Samsung UN65JS8500 4K TV purchase date was 4/20/2016. Delivered on 4/23/2016 @ 6:50 pm PST. 5 year replacement Geek Squad protection.

Bought many items online with Best Buy. Selections are clear. Research has proven either lowest, comparable or competitive pricing. Excellent rewards program with approved credit card from Best Buy. A personal favorite company. If you have ever used Best Buy in the past and were not satisfied, new management and strategies have the company back on track.

I bought a new computer on 7/23/17 and purchased the $79.99 transfer data from one computer to another. I picked the computer up 4 or 5 days later. I began using the computer a week or so after I purchased it because I still had my other computer I am familiar with. I tried my new computer on 8/14/17 and was unable to log on. I ended up taking it back to Best Buy and their diagnosis was that Windows' operating system is damaged. Because I had not used my computer within their 14 days I am responsible for the damage. They are the ones that installed the windows program so you would think they are responsible for any damaged program installed.

Best Buy Company Profile