Best Buy

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Sat 2 hours on phone, 3 rude associates, 7 transfers and hung up on twice. Had to drive total of 40 minutes both ways to local store to do an online order. Transferred during call to wrong department as well as manager. Woman at store great. Called corporate. WOW. Let's start with reviews all on computer. Yesterday said can't get someone. Rude people. Another 2 hour experience today. 1st call manager hung up. 2nd woman argues with me. Never hung up on then transferred and no one picked up. 3rd woman tells me need name of someone. Then I'm getting transferred to a prime specialist. Prime a.. you know. Associate wants name. Refused. Places me on hold 4 times thinking will say something better or different. Nope. They are busy with other callers. We're customers. How do we feel now? WOW.

Called now 4th time to 612 area code. They will tell you corporate and won't transfer you to a manager. They refuse to come to phone. This time same last...b... basically arguing "You can't just call up asking." I said "yes you can." "I've been here 9 years." I said "Great sweetie. I've been shopper longer." "Well I need to better assist you." I said "Then do your job and transfer me." Get a rep manager. Has 3 callers ahead but glad to take my number. Wtf? Whoa. Wait not even done. Took to Twitter and get a message from support. Would love to talk. I follow and leave private message who then basically gets back and says "sorry but not management yet." Works at corporate office. I said "you should be able to forward this no problem."

I then took again to Twitter. If you care about customers and it's clear now you don't you'll get in touch via pm. Then call store for district number. No number but 8888. I call tell assoc. I need to complain to manager and why then tells me I can do it online. No managers over the phone. Forbes just had an article out where they said WHY BEST BUY IS CLOSING? Not enough stock and rude behavior. Can't comment on first agree on 2nd. Ridiculous. Save aggravation and go to Target or Walmart.

We recently purchased 3 items from Best Buy, all within one week. However, all on different days. The last item is a TV stand suitable for a 60" tv. Their website indicated that they had this stand at the same store we purchased the first two items. We drove the 24 miles only to find out that the store didn't have one in stock. We were given a completely incoherent excuse for this misinformation, via their website. I say incoherent because neither I or my wife could understand what this young man was trying to say. The next day we drove a half hour to another store that indicated they had one in stock. The stand, when put together, was riddled with flaws. Including a incorrect description of the product on their website. This stand has blemishes all over the finish, chips on the edges, one crushed corner, and has some spots that weren't consistent in color.

I immediately called the store to ask for a partial refund. You see, I'm a disabled man and frankly it was hard enough driving to the stores. Let alone finding someone to carry the stand inside and put it together. I just don't have it in me to disassemble, repackage, and return to the store. I called 5 times in two days and couldn't even get someone to answer the phone! It's easy to see why Best Buy almost went out of business. The clerks at the stores had zero communication skills. They had no clue in regards to manners or how one should address a customer. There were employees everywhere when we picked up the stand. Yet they all were too busy conversing with each other while we stood there wondering if someone was going to bring the item up to the front of the store. There was one worker at the pickup counter and she couldn't lift her eyes up from the computer screen. I will never return to a Best Buy!

Made an appointment for repair of a home entertainment system. Fixed the problem myself the next day and called and canceled the appointment, which wasn't until several days later. Received credit card statement several weeks later and the charge for the visit was on the card. I called Best Buy and after waiting forever on hold, being transferred countless times and speaking to a whole succession of people I have not spoken to anyone that can resolve my problem and credit me for this service that was never performed. Best Buy customer service could not be any worse.

January 10, 2017 we bought a new 65" Sony TV at Best Buy in Tempe AZ. We paid for the delivery and install of 150.00 extra. The delivery and install date was set by the clerk that sold us the tv for Wednesday the 11th between 8 and noon. On the 11th I took the morning off to wait for delivery. Noon came and went with no delivery. I called the store and was informed the delivery was scheduled for Saturday the 14th. I informed the lady this was not correct and delivery was in fact scheduled for the 11th. I was hung up on. I immediately called back and waited for 10 minutes before the same girl picked up the phone.

I told her I wanted to speak to the manager. 20 minutes later the manager called me back. He informed me the date was changed for some reason, and said he would do his best to get the installers out on this day. I never heard back from them and no one ever showed up. I will be returning the 3,500.00 television 1st thing in the morning. Best Buy does not care about customer service and I certainly don't give 2 ** about them. I will never buy anything at Best Buy again and hope anyone reading this review won't either.

This was my first Best Buy purchase online and it was even more horrible than Amazon. I ordered a Corsair Gaming Keyboard for pickup on Monday 01/09/17. Received an email notification saying pickup is delayed. I called the Customer Support and the associate told me that he can ship it to me in 2 days. I did not get any email update or any information about shipment. I called in again and they told me the associate did not put in the order. I was furious. They told me they can ship it to me in 2 days again. But I decided to talk to Supervisor. The associate gave me so many reasons so that I don't have to speak with him even telling me he is busy in meetings and he will tell me the same thing. I still decided to stay on the line.

After a very long wait and a waste of my time, the supervisor was there on the phone. Not really sure if he was genuinely a supervisor or just his buddy because he seemed the most unsympathetic head and did not give any consideration for this kind of service. I really needed the product as I had a gaming tourney and wanted to practice on it. I want to sue them now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Best Buy had always been good to me and I never had a problem with them until I took a vacation to Doha, Qatar. Before I left, I called the credit card and informed them that I would be traveling to the following areas (AZ, UK, Qatar) and expect some charges from those places. It was a very nice conversation and it seemed like everything was in place for my vacation. I got to Doha airport to pay for the visa (no cash) to get in and what do I knew. My card was declined. Being away in different country, it was very hard to find a good phone to connect to the US. I called Best Buy Credit Card and they asked me weird question to I.e. "what was the account number you use to pay this card?" I went ballistic and I said "really, do you think I would carry my check book on vacation?"

To make horrible story short, I have contact BB about 5 times just to fix the problem because my card kept on locking and always get declined and I was bounce around talking to at least 10 customer service personnel. It was a nightmare and horrible being away in other country with a card that was useless and the aggravation that I went through was just nerve racking. I was glad that I had a backup plan and I took another card and some extra cash in case something like that happened. Never again, I would deal with them when I go on vacation. I'd be sure to take other cards with me.

So I have come to the conclusion that Best Buy's refurbished products are just a giant marketing scam to get you to invest 3/4th the price into a product initially only for them to send you a faulty "refurbished copy" so that you will inevitably need to come into the store and they can up-sell you on buying the product "new". I was gifted a pair of refurbished Powerbeats 2 over the holidays by my mother and they don't hold a charge. After spending nearly an hour and a half in the store trying to find a way to obtain the product my mother paid for, they suggested that I contact online since they couldn't do an even exchange (due to not having refurbished products in store).

I contacted online and their customer service was even less help than in store. They were SO rude from the very beginning and didn't take the time to really understand my situation. They kept trying to explain why I was wrong in going about my return rather than actually working with me to fix the problem and find a solution. Its been since thanksgiving and I still am yet to have a pair of working headphones because they refuse to work with me while my Mother is out of the country on a mission trip. 3 hours wasted, over $90 wasted, and a ton of energy that I will never get back.

Never received my product and refund has taken more than 7 days. Purchase a computer for Xmas ($799). When opened it would not allow anything to be downloaded. Spoke with the Geek Squad and stated it was missing something during the setup and to exchange it for another one at the store. I went exchanged it but the new one would arrive the following week. A week later it was back ordered again for a month.

We ordered in the am - 750 am to be exact. Go in at 2 pm. The order was still not ready. I went to the back of the store. Within two sec I picked up the same item in a different color. They couldn't give to me because online I paid for half the item with the gift card so I was forced to wait thirty min. My item still not located then had to pay full price because I didn't have gift card with me so now I have a gift card that I won't use so instead of paying 106 I'm wasting 136 on a gift because of a service that's suppose to convenient and it wasn't. So disappointed. I expected to receive a call and say in this store we only have this color avail and give the customer the chance to say no problem I will take red or get it from another store. Will not buy online to pick up again. Riverdale 23 Wayne NJ store.

We had purchased a Stackable washer and dryer for our condominium. After taking multiple measurements, and the salesman verified the measurements, we chose on a set that was supposed to fit w/o a hitch. That is the only good part of this experience. When our appointment popped up early November, did we see a "Geek Squad" Delivery Truck? Nope! 2 guys who could not speak or understand English popped out and the language barrier was enough of a problem. They get our old laundry center out, go to install the new washer and dryer, and they kept saying "It won't fit. It won't fit!" I told them to get a tape measure as I know my measurements were correct as I got them from the same dimensionally identical laundry center.

They managed to bash our wall, scratch the washer and dryer because they chose to hurry. They then damaged the mounting bracket. They did not even install the bracket completely, level out the washer or dryer, or even make sure it even runs properly. As it was getting darker, they hurried more, and when they finished with their shorty install, they blamed me for not having a large enough space for which I told them once again that it was measured and found to be correct. He said that I can have the unit exchanged or returned but I would have to schedule another appointment.

After this, I decided to call customer service, and they scheduled an exchange. Much to my displeasure, the driver refused to do the exchange EVEN THOUGH I tore up the doorway to give them 1/2" more room than they needed. So, onto another call with corporate escalation. I told them that I just want a mark down for damage done, a replacement stacking bracket, and an install kit so I can have a professional come in to install it. She kept pushing for an exchange, I kept refusing to sign a damage waiver, and she said that she's going to call back.

A week later, I had to pester the store again! And now it is scheduled as a return! Seriously? The installing company has to pay for damages and Best Buy refuses to even budge? I did not even tell them that it was being returned!! I am sick of this shady company! They have horrible business practices, they don't even bother resolving conflict, it is their way or no way! FYI, the person at corporate told me that the installers were "seasonal help" however, they are always doing installs at our complex. So, they are topping off poor customer service with blaming everyone else. This is my first avenue, my next is the Attorney General's office, and last resort... And I do mean last... The media! So done with these guys!! !

I made a purchase on January 7, 2017 in-store and when I looked at my online account under rewards, there were 71 points taken off back in August 2016 for inactivity. I spoke to both a representative named Noel and Jose, a supervisor. I stated to them that no notification of any upcoming expiration of points was sent and asked if they could reinstate the 71 points that were lost. Both said no, those are the terms of the program and they don't send email notifications to alert customers about expiring points. Neither cared to resolve the matter. That's the very last purchase I will make at Best Buy. I don't recommend the rewards program at all, and customer service needs much improvement and better training to resolve issues and satisfy customers.

Ordered wrong dryer. Returned but could not get refund. Went to store. Ordered new dryer. Called to cancel the wrong dryer. Both orders cancelled. Took over 1 hour on phone to get new dryer redelivered. Store receipt is 70.00 less than what I am being charged.

My husband and I came in to purchase a tablet. The salesperson did not ask what it's used for or what our knowledge base is. The salesperson assumed that we wanted an apple product. I dislike Apple very much but my husband has no idea what he is buying. The csr did not even bother to show us all of the options. He also added another 200.00 to our bill without even discussing the geek squad. He just added it to the bill. Again my husband had no idea that was added to the bill. I was furious.

After the nightmare of trying to set everything up we took the tablets back. We purchased something else but of course there was nothing in stock. We had to wait a week. That's fine. We will wait. We called when the tracking number said it had arrived at the destination and the lady said to try back in a few days even though the next day the pkg was supposed to be in. We came in the next day after it said the pkg had arrived and the next customer service person we came in contact with - Sara with the personality of a brick told us to come back later. Sara clearly should not be a CSR or maybe Sara needs to get a new job. I never shop at Best Buy. Now I know why. Never assume people are purchasing the geek squad and never assume when spending 2500.00 that I want to be treated like crap. Zero service rating from me.

First time trying Best Buy online over Amazon because of the price and similar 2 day shipping. I was looking forward to having another online retailer for electronics when a better deal comes along that can beat Amazon. I've never had Amazon ship a product late from the hundreds of orders I've placed. The first time I use Best Buy online the product is 3 days past the 2 day shipping date. I'll continue using Amazon over Best Buy even if I have to pay a little more.

Purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator. Day of delivery, 1 1/2 hours late. Guys removed old refrigerator, measured stairway for new refrigerator, measured the new refrigerator, brought new refrigerator in the doorway. Guy said that refrigerator was too wide to go up the stairs. Husband suggested to take doors off. Guy kept insisting that it was not gonna fit. Didn't even attempt to try. I told the delivery guys to put the new refrigerator back on the truck and bring my old one back. They put the old in the doorway. Didn't even take it back up the stairs. When they left, driver ran over trash bags and cans sitting off to the side in the driveway.

Next day, returned to Best Buy for a refund. I complained and the manager apologized. I went around the corner to hhgregg. Purchased the same exact refrigerator. The delivery guys were amazing and so professional. They were nothing like the guys from Best Buy. Refrigerator went right up the stairs. No problems. At one point, they thought the doors were going to have to come off but they didn't. No whining or complaining.

I ordered two Zagg IPad keyboards during the Black Friday last year over the phone using my company credit card. When I picked up the orders at the local Best Buy store, they could find only one order of the two. Then they decided to grab one board from the store shelf. When I paid the orders, I specifically told the store employees that one order needed to be charged to the company credit card and the other to my personal credit card. Before I left the counter, I asked one more time if there was only one charge on my company credit card, he seemed a little annoyed and said "yes". Unfortunately, the keyboards were the wrong size, and I returned them to the local store the next day after picking them up.

They refunded one keyboard on my company credit card, then they said they couldn't refund the other one back on my personal credit card, I was reluctant to accept the gift card and I didn't get the full refund since they couldn't refund the sale tax on the gift card. Then I received an email for cancellation confirmation. I thought everything was settled until I received the company credit card statement that shows two charges and one refund. That totally doesn't make any sense to me. I went back the local store and showed the charges to the store employee. She told me that nothing she could do, I had to call the 1-888-237-8289. Then I called on 12/19/2106. I was transferred to three different people, and told me that I had to go back to the store to get the refund. I told them they gave me this phone number and told me to call because they couldn't do anything in their computer system.

When I talked to the third person, she created a case after I expressed my frustration and told me that they will investigate the case, and I will receive an email in 48 hours. The phone call took me a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes based on my phone record. Guess what, I waited and waited, never seen an email. Then I called again on 12/26/2016. He read the case too, told me that it was in process, they were behind because the holiday and gave them until Friday, which was on 1/30/2016. He said, "if you don't receive the refund on Friday, then give us a call."

Today, it's 1/7/2017, I still don't see the refund and just called again and gave my full story the third time about the three charges and two refunds, talked to multiple people and still getting nowhere. Now I get back to square one because I got the same answers as before, "because there is one order canceled, that's why you don't get the refund". Then I kept telling them, there are totally three charges, two were on my company credit card, one on my personal credit card, which is confirmed by the third person who created the case on 12/19/2016. SO FRUSTRATED. I was told again the third time, allow 48 hours to process.

This is really taking a toll on me, and I am so emotionally distressed. How many more times I still need to call? I was excited that I got such a good deal on the keyboards, but it turns out it's a nightmare to me. I've been struggling with dealing with the store's employees, people on the other side of the phone for almost two months during the holiday season, which turned out not a happy one because of that. The store can't charge me for things I didn't purchase. Such customer service is totally unacceptable. For the first time in my life that I think I have to write a review to tell my miserable experience.

I bought a Samsung smart TV model 6000. In attempting to connect it to the Internet I learned that it required a "wireless TV adapter". I bought the device from Best Buy and had them install it. When I asked why the adapter wasn't installed when the TV was and they simply replied that it is an additional item. Entirely deceptive and misleading.

I purchased a receiver for my home entertainment center after taking the advice of an IT associate. The receiver worked fine for 3 weeks, then started to shut itself down, turn itself off. I returned to Best Buy and spoke with another IT person who explained that he had no idea what was going on, but that they, Best Buy would stand by their product. This was in Jul-Aug. It continued off and on. Dec. 31, 2016 my wife and I were watching a movie... all sound failed, the receiver was still on, but no sound. The receiver is a complete failure, it's defective. I do not want an upgrade or my money back. I simply want Best Buy to stand by their product and replace the defective product, let the factory figure out what caused all of the failures. I expect you as a reputable company to do the right thing. Be expecting me 01/06/17.

I tried returning my 3-day old TV to Best Buy. My friend had to borrow a truck to drive this 65" monstrosity to Best Buy, me following in my small car. As soon as he brought the TV into the store, he had to return the truck. Turns out Best Buy could not allow me to return the TV that day because... and get this: it was delivered on Christmas eve, and two days later--including Christmas--had not yet been "processed".

Problem was, they refused to hold the TV in their store overnight. And I couldn't fit it in my car! I told the manager I would have to try selling it to a customer. "That's illegal solicitation." he barked, and he told his lackey to call the police!! Rather than risk arrest, I dragged the box to the parking lot – in the rain, and in the dark, and had to walk around knocking on the windows of trucks and SUVs, in the hopes of getting someone to drive my TV home for some cash. What other choice did I have? I'm a senior citizen, with a handicapped permit. Best Buy showed no mercy, kindness or flexibility whatsoever. I will never ever ever shop at "Worst Buy" again. They were terrible! Oh. I did return it successfully the next day. Still, it was a terrible ordeal I will never forget.

I tried to order a laptop at Best Buy. I filled all the required fields. Gave them the required details of my credit card 3 times, and I received the message that they could not proceed because they could not track me. Still, my money was blocked. I sent them lot of emails that were replied after a week, while at the call center they did not know what had happened and actually they could say nothing more than the standard reply like "we will check it" or "it is not our department". I think it is probably the worst call center I have ever run into, but this is nothing compared to the fact they actually did not proceed with the order, which was granted on the Black Friday and to my opinion they advertise some attractive products that they finally do not sell because. It sounds like a racket.

I went in on January the 2nd 2017 to take advantage of a deal on iPhones at 3:00 eastern time. The first associate initially started the upgrade process as an installment billing which is not what I wanted. I wanted the advertised 2 year price. After correcting her she asked a question to a manager then just got up and left without saying a word. The manager came over and told me she made a mistake and someone else would take over. Fine. The new associate could not get me the deal because the first one messed up and had locked my account for 60 days. The new one tried for the next 6 hours to fix it and could not. The manager would not do a price override to fix what the first associate had done.

Now my account is locked for 60 days and I can't do a damn thing about because someone couldn't read or follow simple instructions. And of course the deal won't be available in 60 days. Best Buy is horrible. I stopped going there 2 years ago for the same damn reason. And they did it again. Will be my last trip there. Overpriced products, uninformed employees and disgusting management.

Have spent over 78 minutes on 3 calls to store for information about Apple class. Only get recordings, no live person. Class is scheduled for Tuesdays but I have gone several times and it is canceled. I am a senior citizen and do not need the extra trip., that is why I have tried to contact store. I will never purchase from Best Buy again. The recordings do not give an option for my question. Not helpful at all.

This is mostly about Best Buy's poor call and online "customer service" and Best Buy's poor glitching customer account web pages. An item we had ordered on November 22nd, that is before Thanksgiving, never arrived. We were supposed to receive the item the following week, two weeks went by and there was still nothing. Contacted Best Buy and had three people saying they could not cancel it for us because the order was "currently in process." We were told the item would ship by December 23 (a month after we placed the order) and that if we did not receive it then we should contact them again.

Well, December 23 passed and "customer service" still kept giving us the runaround and still kept saying "it is not possible for us to cancel the order as it is in process." In process for over a month? Really? They asked why didn't we cancel it ASAP, we said "because you people told us to wait and that the order was 'just delayed' according to your people." We couldn't even cancel it online through our account because the Best Buy website has some features that have been down since who knows when. If you click "cancel" nothing happens, there are hundreds of complaints about this on their Twitter and Facebook and this has yet to be acknowledged.

We were forced to go to a Best Buy store this past New Year's weekend to FINALLY get the order canceled. The customer service rep could not even believe that our order has been missing for over a month and she was appalled that no one could help us. She was transferred and placed on hold with several departments, we and she stood there for over an hour waiting to get help from someone who had a damn clue as to what happened to our order. The rep was told to file a "lost order form" online, problem is when she tried to the Best Buy website REFUSED to let her submit the form. Therefore the Best Buy website is not allowing both its customers AND it's workers to fix/cancel orders.

The rep then had no choice, but to call back the department to tell them the website was not working. We were then all told the order "never left the distribution center" and the order is now considered "lost in process." We were given credit back and are still waiting for the credit to clear, apparently it takes 3-7 days. The in store customer service deserves an A, the call and online "customer service" people deserve a damn F.

I purchased 6 major appliances from Best Buy and had issues with both scheduling and installation of each appliance. Refrigerator was not properly leveled. Dishwasher leaked into cabinet due to hose not being properly connected. Oven and cooktop were rescheduled for delivery 3 times due to order delays and I was notified via email the evening before the scheduled morning delivery and randomly assigned a new date and time that never worked for my schedule.

Customer service is terrible and unresponsive. Representatives are not empowered to resolve order or installation issues nor can they contact installers directly to find out the status of their delivery timing. Twice I have been scheduled for first delivery and neither in stands did that occur. I am supposed to be first delivery today and it is two hours past schedule time and they still have not showed up. I purchased a higher and LG appliances and expected better service than this. Once these installations are completed, it is 100% certain that I will never do business with Best Buy again.

We went to Best Buy at Clareview, Edmonton on 26th December. When we went to customer service to apply for Best Buy Finance card, there was a lineup, we patiently waited for about 45 minutes. When we finally reached the desk, the CS associate at the desk asked us to wait again for few minutes as she wanted to help a gentleman urgently who had some problem. We again stood beside the desk and waited. Then she passed us to the next CS associate who had just opened her desk area.

As soon as we went to this new CS and told her that we want to apply for the Best Buy Finance card, the first sentence she said to us was "Why does everybody has to apply for the Credit card today?" The second sentence she said was "why everybody seems as if they are coming out of nowhere?" She did not even bother to check with her next window colleague that we have been patiently waiting for the CS desk for more than 45 minutes now. This CS associate name was Karen. When I showed my concern over the way she was speaking to customers she did not even once apologized. I was shocked as to why would Best Buy keep such untrained, uncourteous, impolite CS associates who instead of greeting customers would speak such rude language. It would keep us off from going to Best Buy anymore.

We purchased an entire kitchen from Best Buy in Salem NH earlier this year. Had problems since the beginning and still having issues. A service technician was suppose to be at my house today for service, NO SHOW, NO CALL! My gas cooktop is a safety risk and I called to get hung up on. POOR SERVICE and QUALITY OF APPLIANCES from ordering to installation and service is all a joke.

I bought a ring doorbell at Best Buy in a sealed box in Canada. I got home. Cut piece of tape to open box. There were no English instructions only French. I went on internet and got a 5 line instruction from Ring for installation. I drilled 4 holes into my door... pulled off old doorbell switch. My wood door frame was too small for ring bell. I tried to hook up ring but the main unit was defective... I could not install anything. I returned the product to Best Buy for a refund. My door now has 4 holes in it and Ring says it's my fault and would take no responsibility for this whatsoever. I really wanted the product and am now left with whatever repair bill I am charged. Well I guess that's life.

My daughter bought a small Fitbit Charge 2 on sale for $129 dollars. When we opened it Christmas morning we saw it was a small and knew we needed a large. We took it back to Best Buy the day after Christmas. They were able to look up the receipt using our phone number. They gave us a gift card for $129. We went to go get the large Fitbit and came back to customer service to do the exchange. The Fitbit was no longer on sale for $129. Best Buy charged us $149 for the same Fitbit in the large size - a $20 dollar increase in price. So this means they made 20 dollars on an even exchange with the receipt. I questioned the salesperson on this and told him this was unusual as we had the receipt. He told me it was company policy. Well Best Buy can keep their policy. We bought 2 Fitbits and an Apple watch there this season. So much for customer service. I won't be back.

This summer I purchased a Sharp Smart TV from Best Buy with the intention of installing it when I finished my rec room. We got the rec room finished last week and when we opened up the box and put the 50 inch TV on top of the fireplace and turned it on, I discovered that the screen was broken. I then went to Best Buy and was told by the manager that I waited too long to file a claim, and there was nothing they would do for me. The TV still had the covering that they put over the screen on it, and the box it came in showed absolutely no marks on it. The manager told me I had 48 hours after purchasing it to return it. Needless to say, I made my purchase from Best Buy.

I purchased a mobile phone paid for in full, I was pressured by the sales staff in the Orangeville Best Buy, Ontario to purchase the insurance protection from Geek Squad. This Insurance premium is deducted from my credit card every month. I was told this insurance covered my phone completely. My phone broke. I went in to the store. They told me I would be given a loaner phone while they send mine away to be fixed once I pay $100 deductible that at the time of purchasing I was unaware of. I did not have the deductible at the time so I went back to the store when I did to get the loaner phone and get mine fixed. On my second attempt I was told, "We don't deal with the mobile phone in store. Call this number. They will help you." I go home, call the number, and get a Geek Squad recording telling me to contact Best Buy.

I look up customer service number for Best Buy and call. After I finally have my call redirected to Geek Squad mobile new claims I get Neil on the phone and I try to tell him what has taken place and how frustrated I am and that I need the phone repaired or replace and have no one who has taken my issue seriously. This guy Neil treats me as though I have done something wrong and that the poor customer service I have been shown is my fault. Now I am Beyond fed up. I tell him to put someone on the phone that can handle my complaint and help me address the issue of my broken suppose to be insured phone. Neil hung up on me. I called back. I got some other gentleman on the phone. He did take the time to listen to me and told me I had two options to replacing my phone number - one 7-10 days. They will send out a box, I mail my phone back, pay the $100 deductible but it will not cover all the cost and not everything is covered.

Number two - 3-5 days I mail the phone back still insurance does not cover everything, 100 deductible plus 565 for the security deposit for the loaner that would be reimbursed to me upon return of loaner. Why pay for insurance if I can afford to put out 565? Why not just buy a new phone? Why pay premiums for insurance if they give you such a hassle and runaround so that you get fed up go buy new phone because they have made your claim impossible. It basically a tactic used to steal money legally for possible maybe could happen chance that someone is competent enough to do their job correctly and provide the proper customer service to the individuals paying them a premium for a service they should provide such as Insurance protection.

So here is my review Best Buy and Geek Squad do not provide quality in services they say they offer nor do they know how to treat a customer. I will take my business elsewhere and I will be informing anyone who is looking to purchase product and services that they are better off looking elsewhere. No one takes your complaint seriously at Best Buy or Geek Squad. Again Orangeville Ontario Canada is the store where phone was purchased.

Best Buy Company Profile