Best Buy
1.12/5
Based on 339 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Best Buy

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

3423 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had. This company should be shut down for all the violations, disgusting reviews, moronic employees. It takes certain kinds of individuals to be able to lie and be deceitful. Over the course of two days I spoke to either ten or eleven morons to get absolutely nowhere. How embarrassing it must be for these employees to say "I work for Best Buy". I would be so embarrassed to tell people that. Don't go near the Geek Squad page. The Geek Squad is deceitful. I was told I would receive a confirmation within 15 minutes after I hang up. Being suspicious I called and was being charged for one in home device. When I called Best Buy they said I had only one item to be installed for the price I paid. I had three devices to be installed and that's how the representative wrote it up, or so I was told.

When I asked Best Buy about this they told me I only ordered one item to be installed and it would cost more for anything beyond that. That's how they get the geeks into your house. Then the geeks jack up prices from there. This is a very poor and fraudulent run company even though they know what they're doing. Best Buy Geek Squad is a scam. No resolve for the problem, very cold and calculated reps. One of the reps, a man, said to me "let me check that for you hon". I am a male. What was that? I landed up cancelling the geeks and now I'm sure I'll have a big problem getting my account credited on my credit card. Corporate connection is guarded and impossible to reach. Only by mail.

Don't trust the Geek Squad or if you do use them be extremely specific on your order and ask them to send you an email covering your order before you get off the phone with them. This I can say was totally the worst experience of my life. I would rather wait in a line at the DMV. My next step is to contact one of our local TV news stations, they have consumer protection departments who like to take problems like this on air.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Is the worst. Their website said there was an error and that I had to call to complete my air pod order. So, I tried again, and then tried two more times with other cards just in case. All saying they couldn't complete my order. Then I go to Verizon complete my order nice and easily. 4 hours later I get four emailed from Best Buy saying my four air pods are preparing to be shipped. I immediately call customer service and they tell me there’s nothing they can do to freeze or cancel my order. Mind you this is 8-9 pm at night during my Valentine's Day with the lady!! The reason I called was to get out in front of it, but there is no way the product shipped since I ordered at 5:30. Furthermore this was an error with the Best Buy site, and they tell me I have to eat the charges of $700 and then return them. So this is somehow my problem... terrible customer service and never buying from Best Buy again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My husband and I recently visited the Best Buy Lynnwood, Washington location to furnish our brand new three story home with all of the appliances and electronics that it needed. This included a refrigerator, washer and dryer, three TVs, multiple speaker setups, small appliances such as vacuums and Roombas and carpet spot cleaners and noise machines and Xbox systems and the list goes on and on. We also ordered professional installation for all major appliances and all larger electronics including the widescreen 65 inch TV, the refrigerator, and of course the washer and dryer.

The men who delivered the washer and dryer and fridge arrived first. They installed everything, and then ran a test run of the washer just to show me the operation. As soon as they hit run and the water was flowing they made me sign documents stating the installation was done and they left very quickly. The washer and dryer is on the second floor and as soon as I walked down to the first floor kitchen I realized water was pouring through the ceiling and my floor already had several inches of water on it.

In a panic I called the builder of our development, who ran over to turn off the water supply to the house and they began immediately mopping-up both level 2 and level one of our home. I called Best Buy's installation manager right away who was horrified, and he stated specifically that we would not be responsible for a dime of the damage because of course it was not our fault. I then called my insurance company who began the process of hiring flood mitigation experts to come and professionally dry our home and monitor moisture levels within the flooring, walls and ceilings.

It took 4 days with massive industrial fans blowing constantly on both floors to finally remove the moisture of the countless gallons of water that had dumped into our brand new home. My insurance company thankfully covered all of it except for my $500 deductible. They then approached Best Buy to retrieve my $500 deductible since not only was the issue their fault, but they had also insisted on covering the bill when we spoke with them initially.

After months of attempting to collect from Best Buy, my insurance company was finally told that because the installers managed to get my signature and run out of the house before the test cycle with complete, without my knowledge of the flood occurring on the floor below us, that this constituted proof that I had confirmed a test cycle had been FINISHED satisfactorily.

It didn't matter that I chased the Best Buy truck down the street in my bare feet trying to get their attention during the flood. It did not matter that the manager promised we wouldn't have to pay a dime for the damage they caused to our brand new home. It also did not matter that we had just spent over $13,000 to furnish our home with their products, and then they turned around and thanked us by causing thousands of dollars of damage and then refusing to pay for any of it. I am completely blown away. My insurance company cover the multiple thousands of dollars that this incident cost. All I asked for was the $500 that I personally paid out of pocket for the deductible. Which I only did instead of going through their insurance company, because their installation manager insisted that we wouldn't be responsible for any of the cost for the damage that they caused.

It seems to me that paying $500 to one of your loyal customers to help solve a problem that caused thousands of dollars in damage to that customers brand new home, would be a screaming deal. They could have made a customer for life. But by forcing me to pay $500 out of my own pocket for their mistake and trashing my home, not only have they lost a lifelong customer, but nobody that I know will ever shop there again because of this incident. All of my family and friends are completely disgusted by the way we were treated. So beware customers, Best Buy will gladly take tens of thousands of dollars from you to sell your products. But they will also gladly take thousands more from you when they damage your home.

PS - the above story concerns only the first installation by Best Buy to go wrong in the last couple months. We also had four separate TVs deliveries, which caused damage to the wall that the TV is mounted to, broken TVs were delivered to us, soundbars were slammed on the floor by workers who weren't paying attention, our stainless steel fridge has been scarred up by the original installer, the list goes on and on.

The amount of damage that Best Buy caused, but more importantly the amount of stress and heartache of months and months in trying to get them to correct the installation issues that they caused, isn't worth any deal they could present in the future. They could tell me they have a $50,000 TV that they are giving me for free and I would walk away because I know that the TV automatically comes with a hole punched through my wall or my house burned down or, hey, perhaps two floors of my home being flooded. Beware. Don't allow them to ruin your home the way they ruined mine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I placed an order for a tablet online and paid with multiple gift cards. The website said all my cards went through and I was waiting on an email to head out to the store. At the end of my purchase the website directed me to my Best Buy account where it didn't show a purchase. I hit the back button, and had to go through the whole ordering process. My mistake. Both orders accept all my gift cards. About 1.5 hours later I get an email saying all but 1 gift card worked, then I get a second email saying only one gift card worked. I cancelled the second order, then tried to complete the first order but the website would not give me the option to pay use a gift card, only my credit card. So since I couldn't get an answer from the website I went to the store. Terrence in customer service was very professional and helpful. He spoke with another rep who told him to call the Best Buy hotline. We go through verifying my account with the rep and explaining the situation to him.

This is when I get pissed off. This rep tells me that I have to wait 24 hours for the balance to go back to the gift card. I explained that I'm in store now, and rather than come back, I asked him to show me some type of customer service and try and expedite this process. He puts me on hold, meanwhile the store rep Terrence tells me that it's probably a lost cause. When the rep on the phone comes back he again tells me the same thing over and over again about waiting until tomorrow. I told him to stop repeating himself. He then asks me what I want him to do. I told him why don't you have the store issue the credit to cover the gift card, and let me make my purchase, then they cash the gift card out when they fix the problem. This jerk tells me why don't I use my credit card to pay the difference. I told him, "Don't talk to me like that." And asked him what's the point of me buying gift cards then using my credit card. He then gives me the silent treatment.

I gave the rep Terrence the phone back. He gave me my gift cards back and said I had to come back tomorrow. Then I had to get my wife and my six year old son and explain to him why he couldn't get his tablet tonight. This is not the first problem I have had with this company and I hate there is not other stores around that I can get similar products from. They never want to help. The customer service sucks!!! After I use these gift cards, I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Best Buy Online is terrible. Would never recommend Best Buy. Paid Best Buy for 8g of ram. Only received 4g of ram. Seller never replied to my emails (Fast Distribution). Very Rude. They stole my money and I paid Best Buy. They refuse to do anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a cell phone from Best Buy. I paid over $700 In the transaction. I paid $8.00 for a screen protector to be put on my phone and was told that it was a 1 time charge and if I ever needed that done again there would be no charge. In 3 Months I had them put 3 screen protectors on my phone because they kept falling off, I ordered 1 online that would not fall off and took it to Best Buy to have it put on my phone and they refused because they do not 3rd party. I explained to them that I gave them 3 chances to get it right with their product. Best Buy has gotten bad with their customer. If there is any the phone I bought have other problems and the only place to get it worked on is 2 hours round trip from the store I use. I will never purchase anything else from Best Buy again and will offer my help to anyone that wants to buy an item that they Best Buy sells to help you find it at a better price and somewhere you can get the service you pay for when you buy a product.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I ordered a Samsung Convection oven online. Delivery and installation were scheduled for Feb 9 between 12 and 4. I received an email confirmation stating that I would be contacted by phone the day before to narrow down the delivery time. Since I received no phone call, I called Best Buy at noon on the delivery date and was told to expect delivery between 2 and 4. At 4:30 I again called BB asking when they would arrive. The woman I spoke with put me on hold and called the warehouse. She said they were running late but the warehouse would call me momentarily to let me know where they were.

No call came so I phoned BB again at 5:30. Again I was put on hold while the man called the warehouse. I was then told that the 3rd party delivery company never picked up the stove that morning from the warehouse so I've waited all day for nothing. Not sure why I was not told this earlier in the day. The worker then says he's bumping this up to a manager who will call me that night the rectify the situation. Since I did not receive a phone call that night, I call the next morning. I end up speaking to about 6 different people who are all telling me different things. I finally get a manager on the phone who is very apologetic. She says that she's taking care of everything and is waiting to hear back from delivery company and will 100% call me back later in the day.

Shockingly, I never heard back. When I call the next day, it's Sunday so her department is closed. I demand to speak with any supervisor that is there. I'm told that I'll have to wait until the next day to schedule delivery and I'll have to call back instead them getting in touch with me. I tell her that before I schedule anything, I need her provide some compensation immediately for all the time I've spent dealing with this. She says that BB policy is that they can't provide any compensation until the stove has been delivered and installed. So basically if they decide to give me $5 or nothing for my time, I'll be stuck.

At this point I've had it so I tell her to cancel my order and to refund the $1700 they've already charged on the credit card. She says that the warehouse has a hold on the order and she can't override it. Thus, can not cancel the order. Warehouse is closed, so again, I'll have to call back the next day in order to cancel the order. Astoundingly bad customer service. I will never do business with Best Buy again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

On January 19, 2018, I purchased a Samsung induction stove from Best Buy in Sterling, Virginia. The delivery date was set for February 10th. On the morning of the scheduled delivery, after I had already had my gas stove disconnected, I received a call informing me the stove was on back order until April. Needless to say I was livid. How could they not know this prior to the delivery date?! They expected me to be without a stove for two months! The woman on the phone told me to call back the plumber and have my old gas stove reconnected. I asked her if Best Buy would pay for it and she said no. Then she told me she was just the messenger and hung up on me! I was able to cancel the order, get a refund, and purchase an induction stove elsewhere. I will have to wait a week to receive it. I will NEVER buy anything from Best Buy again.

This is the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. In addition, before I purchased the stove I inquired about a specific microwave I wanted. The salesman, Rock, told me he could order it for me. When I went to the store to purchase the stove and microwave, he was unable to guarantee a delivery date for the microwave so I did not purchase it. That should have been my clue that Best Buy is not interested in the customer but only in getting you into the store so they can get your money. I was told one thing on the phone, another in the store, BY THE SAME PERSON! Stay away from this store!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

An employee name Aiden at Best Buy New Tampa (Store 2513) tried to treat me like an idiot and seemed shocked been I got aggravated. Seriously, he showed me to a desktop power cord when I asked where I could find a desktop power supply. Then he tried saying they have universal laptop power supplies and saying they do not carry desktop power supplies and that people come in not knowing what they are looking for. I knew they carried desktop power supplies because a housemate bought one and two backup power supplies the day before.

The employee even tried demanding I continue to show him respect after he disrespected me. Tried to treat me like an idiot. I told to leave me alone and I will find what I am looking for on my own. Luckily, Aiden was called away. So I found the power supply and went to speak to the manager. Guess who was in the office with the manager? Aiden. Well, Aiden tried saying I will not be speaking with the manager and tried to argue with me. The manager Anthony led us out of the office to the sales floor, told Aiden to go back to the computer department, and listened to what I had to say. The manager agreed you do not treat customers like idiots and said it was not a problem when I apologized for getting loud. I hate raising my voice but it is better than me snapping and going to jail for assault.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My letter below to the CEO of Best Buy at **. My message wasn't read just passed on to a customer service rep. I had to pay to have damage repairs caused by Best Buy. I will NEVER buy anything else from Best Buy. They came to my house 8 times and the problem was never resolve. Great customer services ha? "My name is Delphine and I am writing you from Westland, MI where I purchased a range and refrigerator in January of this year. I realize that you are a very busy person and may so not realize the activity of some of the individual stores. I wanted to tell you about my experience after making a $2,000.00 purchase as a gift for my senior parents.

My mother’s ranges stopped working on New Year’s Day. Because my parents are on a fixed income I decided to buy them a new range and refrigerator. At the time of purchase inside the Westland, MI store I was told that the original range and refrigerator set that I wanted was in stock but when the sales representative tried ringing me up the refrigerator was out-of-stock. So I had to start my search over.

Finally, I found another set that I thought my parents would like but the cost was a little more than what I wanted to spend. The delivery date was set and the sales rep. told me the ice maker would be installed at the time of delivery. On the delivery day two young men set up both the range and refrigerator. While they were at my parents’ home my mom noticed a big dent on the range and they were unable to complete the installation of the water line on the fridge. I called the store and they scheduled a date to pick up the range up and replace it with a new one. They also scheduled a different day for someone to install the water line on the fridge. The delivery of the range was okay. The fridge was delivered on a different day and the installer discovered that the refrigerator was damaged at the bottom and the water line wasn’t long enough. Once again I called and a replacement fridge was scheduled for delivery.

A week later the ridge is delivered and a new waterline was installed. Last week my mom calls me at 12:30a.m; water was pouring out from the water line which was installed improperly. The line went behind my mother kitchen cabinets and water flooded her wooden cabinet drawers, the wall, and the floor. She had to call a neighbor in the middle of the night to come and turn the water off. My parents are seniors, my father is 86 years old and not doing well health wise. My mother was so frustrated and I live 30 minutes away from her.

The next morning I called Best Buy to schedule someone to come and replace the water line. They sent an installer, not someone that specializes in PEX water lines. I have escalated this issue but no one seems to care. My experience with Best Buy has been that it’s all about sales and making money but not making sure the customer is well satisfied. I have been given so many excuses of why something so small is taking so long. I am supposed to receive a call back today for the seventh time for someone to come out from Best Buy. This is ridiculous and unacceptable that my senior parents have had to deal with such unprofessionalism and unqualified workers.

I am hoping that by including you on this letter, maybe something can be done to resolve this issue and the on-going stress. I have taken time off from work to try and accommodate my mom with taking my dad back and forth to hospital appointments while she waits on the installers. This has been the worst purchase EVER! I felt you should be made aware of the type of customer service your customers are experiencing. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter."

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have two credit cards under my name. One links to my own student account, the other is a credit card for a shared family account that I'm encouraged to use for making large school-related purchases. This week, my laptop broke. It's the middle of midterm season, and I desperately need something to write papers on at home, so I immediately went online and ordered a replacement from BestBuy.ca. Later my Dad texts me and says he manually approved the charge on the family account, so it should go through. Nope. BestBuy.ca cancels the order. Okay. I log back in, place a second identical order. The website emails me to say that the laptop's shipped! Awesome. One day later, I get another notification, this time saying that actually, the order's been automatically cancelled for security reasons. I get on the phone with a customer service representative. She says she'll just make a new order for me.

An hour later, I get an email saying Order #3 has been frozen because something's wrong with my billing information. I've *never* had that issue on other websites. They normally detect when something is wrong automatically and don't let your order go through unless it has the right address. The email insists that rather than fix this online, I should call customer service.

When I phone in, the guy is polite at first. He tells me I should look at my most recent statement to figure out which address I used for my billing address. I tell him, hesitantly, that I'm not sure whether I can check that for this particular card since I'm just an additional cardholder on the account. His attitude changes immediately. He asks if I'm trying to buy the laptop with "someone else's card." I say, “No, the card is under my name”, and I even confirmed with the primary account holder that the billing address should match mine before I made the purchase. He puts me on hold.

It's clear he thinks I'm using a stolen credit card. When he returns, I suggest I can call back after figuring out how to check my billing address properly. He tells me I'll have to pay using something else if I want the laptop. I realize that I may have used my middle initial as part of my billing information, and ask if he can change it and try again. He repeats that no, I have to put this on my other card. I finally give in. Keep in mind, my other Visa is a student Visa with a $1,000 credit limit, and the laptop costs $950, pushing me right over my credit limit for the month. The guy is audibly surprised when my new payment method actually works. I reluctantly thank him for his help. He responds, "I suggest next time, you pay for things using your own money." Unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

A JBL speaker I purchased at this store on 12/17/2017 was returned this morning. I was told I could not exchange it for a same item, or get my money back, although the store manager admitted it was "defective'. It has a BEST BUY 15 day warranty on it. (UNBELIEVABLE.) I was told to call JBL for further instructions. I did. The semi english speaking person acquainted me with the lengthy, tedious process by which a return is made. If they agree with the "defect theory", they will ship me a replacement speaker. First, I must jump through the UPS packing, labeling, shipping Hoops. Please do not shop at Best Buy. Lets send a message - if you can't stand behind what you sell DON'T sell it. I am a person. A Good Consumer and you are scammers!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I ordered something from bestbuy.com and it came damaged. I called up right away and told the representative the problem. I asked to speak to a supervisor after being on the phone with him for a half an hour and getting nowhere. He was just sitting there with the phone down on his desk. A supervisor never came on the line. He finally said one would call me. Three hours later I called back. Do not shop at Best Buy unless you are desperate. Honestly Amazon is number one. They stand by their service and products. And they're nice people.

After over 3 hours total I still got nowhere with the incompetence of now three representatives. No matter what it is don't buy from them. They just don't give a crap. I kept telling them that I'm not well and just got out of chemo. They didn't care. It is disgusting that they don't do anything to help let alone act like people. The situation is still unresolved as the third representative told me now there's a time limit to return this product after the second one said there is no time limit. So now I'm out of money and have a damaged movie. Again don't shop at Best Buy.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

When I went to the Best Buy in Lewisville, Texas to buy a coffee maker, I asked the lady if I could open the box and look inside. The lady helped me and opened it for me. After I got to see what was inside, I tried to put everything back together in the box but I wasn't able to close it. The lady who helped me open the box tapped my shoulder and said not to worry about it, then she left because she had to assist the other customer. I decided to leave it on the desk and got another box which was unopened. I was about to walk to the electronics section, but there was a lady named Brianne or something like that. She yelled at me and said, "Hey ma'am, you can't take another box out. Once you open a box, you have to buy it." I still bought the unopened box, but I won't come back to this specific location. She is very rude.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I ordered an open boxed Samsung notebook for 700 dollar, that was guaranteed in excellent condition. Once it arrived, we opened it just to find out it was locked by the previous owner. Now I'm no rocket scientist, lol, but I am 100% certain Best Buy did not look this computer over one single time. The username was even still registered as Dad. After 45 minutes on the phone with Best Buy, and a total of 6 transfers... yes 6! All while I was at work myself! Well after all that, they told me I had to take time out of my day to physically take it back to a Best Buy near me, and wait in line to talk to someone in Tech.

So for my money and business, I have to be inconvenienced for their epic failure as a company. As a single parent with limited income, I did my research before make this purchase and actually CHOSE Best Buy. Huge mistake. This has been the worst experience and treatment I've ever encountered. I will be returning the merchandise simply because I no longer trust them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I scheduled a technician to install an ice maker. Both the ice maker and refrigerator had been purchased at Best Buy. I asked for an appointment as early as possible in their 8 am to noon window, as I was going out of town. No calls and no show by 11:30, so I called. I was told that they were running late and would be coming soon. I called again at 1:00 pm. I was told that the job had been completed according to their records. Needless to say, I was surprised and upset. No one had contacted me. The job was not done. Several calls to the store and the service dispatch did not result in any benefit.

At 2:30, two guys showed up at my door from Best Buy. They came to install the ice maker. They came without ANY tools! I gave them a couple of screwdrivers. I asked if they Had installed ice makers before. “Not really.” One then proceeded to look up ice maker installation on YouTube, while the other read the directions. I don’t know if they did the job right or not. They spent 2 1/2 hours working on it. THEY NEVER FINISHED THE JOB!!! I had everything they needed, but they claimed that the water line was not what it should be. Anyway, they left and I still do not have a hooked up ice maker. I was really upset. They called their supervisor who apologized profusely. I told her I did not need an apology. I needed a functioning ice maker. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!! I will never shop at Best Buy again!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

The initial salesperson submitted my order wrong, and was obviously totally inexperienced. She overcharged me for the warranty, and didn't input the delivery properly. I paid for a full install, and she inputting in as a standard delivery. She also had me purchase a $60 HDMI cable that's not necessary for the install, which I now have to run back to return. Besides this, upon the delivery - the delivery person wouldn't help in any way, or even taking the merchandise out of the box to check for any defects. This has been an EXTREMELY unpleasant experience and very stressful. I called back and a nice manager (Mario) offered to have a Geek Squad person set-up the television, but I can't waste any more of my time on this, and asked my sister to come over and set-up the TV.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

BB has made it impossible to contact a local store by phone. I need to ask if I lost something but you cannot contact them. I should not have to drive to the store to ask an important question. I do not recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a Patriot II landline phone from BestBuy.com on 12/26 for a new house. When the telephone company came to put in my phone lines, we determined the phone was defective and would not hang up, but just continued the dial tone causing the other phones in the house to be inoperable. I called customer service & was informed that there is only a 14 day return policy and I was outside the return window so nothing could be done. This does not speak well for a store who advertises that they stand behind their products. Needless to say, I will not be shopping at BestBuy.com again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I ordered a TV online, got the email confirmation with a delivery date scheduled for a week later. I check the status even though it's telling me it's scheduled to deliver in a week, when I logged on I was told I need to reschedule. Did not receive the email saying so. I tried to reschedule, it would not let me, the system said, "Unable at this time, please try again in a couple of minutes." Tried it again, the same thing, so I called customer service. They looked at the order and said it looks like the item I order is out of inventory, asked them why did it not say so online if it's not available, she said it was probably updated and never hit the system.

I then asked why did I not get an email telling me I need to reschedule, if not I would have waited for 1 week then I would have found out it will take another couple of weeks, she couldn't answer, told her to cancel the order. She said will do it right away and credit the credit immediately and I will get an email shortly. Guess what happened, did not get an email for several hours, I went online and cancelled it myself. Horrible.

UPDATED ON 02/05/2018: This is an update to my previous review of Best Buy online experience in which the 65inch curved TV was not available in their inventory and the customer service could cancel and I would have to wait and try back later. I was at work and I was not able to log on and cancel the item myself. Went home and remember I forgot to cancel the order, but before I cancel I called one more time. The same thing happened, customer service cannot do anything with the order as it does not allow them to cancel.

I then tried to cancel it myself but it's grayed out. I decided to do instant messaging. The same exact thing. They can't do anything, so essentially I'm stuck with the credit until they get inventory. How can a company customer service does not have an override to cancel an item? I have such a distaste for this company and I will never ever deal with them or my family and friends which I have spread the word. Go to Amazon or Walmart all the way. Not worth the savings of $70.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had bought a car starter in December with installation today in January... When the car starter was put in today they told me to press the button. The car starts then when I open the door the car shuts off and I have to restart the car so the car has to be started twice every single time. I’ve had car starters in all my vehicles and have never had it like this. Your starter will be sure to go a lot sooner than normal being started so many times a day. I hate this thing and I want it out of my car. I’ve called the store for the past four hours and they will not put a manager on the phone. They say they’re in meetings for hours and that there’s nothing I can do. They’ve also told me I can’t return it. It’s out of return time Which is also wrong because they’re the one who gave me the appointment for this day. Nothing I can do about it

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Two years ago, we purchased a MAC computer, but returned it, and purchased a Dell. We also returned software related to this. I have always paid my Best Buy on time. Now this weekend I purchased a DVD player, but I didn’t realize it was a wired, DVD, but I later realized I needed a WiFi one. When I went to exchange it, they said I couldn’t because of the returns from 2 years ago. Never, never did I ever hear that with a corporate company. I knew I should have waited to buy from Amazon, but I didn’t. Now I have a machine that I can’t use. So so upset. I want to warn consumers about Best Buy policies. I am going to put this out on every social media I can. Will never go into that store again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We bought a washer and dryer through Best Buy in 2014 when we moved to Phoenix. We also purchased the protection plans. It was about to expire so in early Dec they sent an email stating that it would expire, they offered a discounted price of $62.98. I called and bought both plans. On January 15th the charge comes across and it is $185.55! That didn't add up so I called. They put in a file... Yadda, yadda. 10 days went by with no refund on the card, no email regarding it. Hmmm. I called them back and was told, "Sorry. We overcharged your credit card. We will refund the difference on an electronic Best Buy Gift card." WTF! So they took out too much money... Money that I could have paid a bill with or bought food with. They acknowledged the mistake and then force me to go spend the difference/refund in their store???

They didn't even offer to give compensation for the inconvenience of it all. I never ask for compensation on something like this but THIS IS WRONG! I straight up asked for it because of the headache of it all and they would not give anything over the amount of the difference. I asked if the overcharge had been a typo, a mistake, and the amount overcharged was $700.00 would they refund me by putting $700.00 on an electronic gift card? I was told YES! The purchase that is made with that electronic gift card will be our last. We have spent thousands of dollars there over the years... 3 TVs, 3 desktops, 6 laptops, 4 tablets with all the software and hardware needs for them, washer & dryer, 2 vacuums, Bluetooth headsets for our cells, 5 gaming systems, phone supplies out the wazzzoooo and all the protection plans for those items.

I cannot believe that they will treat someone that has been so loyal this way. How many people have had this happen to them? How many people just accepted this? Think of the amount of money that they put into their bank account by making us buy something else with the money they overcharged us. $40 x thousands of victims. I spoke to an attorney that said it is ILLEGAL for Best Buy to pay out overcharge refunds with their electronic gift card but with the small difference in the overcharge and the actual amount that no one will go to court over it. A class action lawsuit would be the only way to get the money back without have to support their sales.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchased a Chromebase online from Bestbuy.com-after it was delivered 4 days later, I found out that it was NOT compatible with what I needed for my job. I called the Flint, MI store and wanted to talk to someone about if they had anything comparable to the PC that could run IE on it. I was transferred to the 800 line where I was told that if I could not exchange it at the store that I could be given a gift card so that I could make another purchase online - it was that or wait 2 weeks for shipping and refund. So I took it back to the store, they told me no gift card, and refunded the money... Now I have to wait 5-7 days for my money to come back in my account - also might add, now I cannot work and make any money, because I have no computer. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY. NOTHING BUT THE WORST NIGHTMARE.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Worst experience ever, the company amazingly wants to deliberately ruin its reputation in Canada, I think something is going on as I bought few appliances and returned some. It's been a few months now that every day I send them emails and they don't refund it and they say something is wrong and we made an escalation request! It's amazing. I have shares of Best Buy. I'm selling them as I think they are going nuts!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Dec 29, 2017: On Dec 29, 2017 I purchased a new dishwasher to be delivered and installed by Best Buy. My delivery date was set for Jan 3, 2018 between 8a-12p. Jan 3, 2018: On the delivery day, at 11:51am I received a phone call from the delivery driver. He was 15 minutes away... Once they arrived, removed the old dishwasher, the installers informed me they could not install my new dishwasher due to the bottom being damaged. The installers called customer support and had me verify the dishwasher was in fact damaged. The BB customer support agent, David, assured me they would be contacting me to arrange for another dishwasher to be sent. Mind you, they hauled away my old dishwasher and I’m now left to look at an ugly hole in my kitchen.

Jan 5, 2018: 2 days pass with no phone calls, no follow up, nothing. I call BB on Jan 5th to see what is going on. I’m informed that someone will contact me to reschedule a delivery (again). Jan 8, 2018: I call BB again on Jan 8th and I’m informed that BB cannot continue with reordering and rescheduling my delivery until BB receives the original dishwasher that was sent back damaged. Why that is my problem is beyond me. BB should have immediately rectified the situation but instead I’m being punished (and charged) for their mistake. I leave a review on the product and within minutes I get an email stating the installer is returning the damaged dishwasher to them tomorrow.

Jan 10, 2018: Another 2 days later I receive an EMAIL stating they just received the damaged dishwasher and my new delivery date and time is scheduled for Jan 17th 8a-12p. I respond saying since I’ve been left waiting for 2 days for a response, a phone call asking my availability would have been nice. Also, unless BB planned to pay me to take another day off from work to accept delivery, the 17th will not work. We agree on SATURDAY, Jan 20th 8 – 12p. I receive about 4-5 emails confirming my delivery and haul away. I email David back and explain there is nothing left to haul away since the installers took away my old dishwasher 2 WEEKS ago.

Jan 20, 2018: It’s now Saturday, Jan 20th, the BIG DAY! I receive a phone call from David at 9:05am asking me if I received my dishwasher?!? No, David, I have not received my dishwasher. He says he needs to make a few calls. At 9:17am I receive a phone call from XTO telling me there was no dishwasher for the installers to pick up and they would need to reschedule my delivery. Well, that’s the exact moment my last nerve broke. I call David and ask him what is going on and he says he’s looking into it, he’ll call me back. At 10:12am some poor innocent soul from the Nashua store calls me to tell me my dishwasher was never reordered and he will go ahead and get that done and schedule a new delivery date. I hang up with him and immediately call David back only to be told he’s unavailable.

I proceed to ask for his supervisor, where I’m left on hold for 22 MINUTES! At this point, my blood is boiling, Evita, who wouldn’t supply her last name, eventually picks up with a snide attitude, was not even the least bit sympathetic. In fact, she was rude! I eventually hung up on her since she lacks any real managerial skill. I had better conversation with the kid at the Nashua store. He deserves a raise for stepping up and trying to handle business while everyone else hid behind the hold button. Needless to say, I eventually got a hold of David, he swore he was looking into what happened and was going to fix the situation. It’s about 12:15pm and my doorbell rings, I see a delivery truck, and there’s a crew at my front door to HAUL AWAY my old dishwasher. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I had to explain YOUR mistake and tell them my dishwasher was hauled away 3 weeks ago!

SO, now my entire Saturday was ruined along with the past 17 days of back and forth with Best Buy on a product I PAID FOR. Finally on Jan 22nd I canceled my order. The amount of stress and aggravation I have endured the past 3 weeks, AT MY EXPENSE, is unbelievable. My husband and I have been Best Buy members for the past 20+ years. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM FROM BEST BUY. I will be checking my statement for a FULL refund and closing our accounts. BTW, we purchased the same dishwasher at a small appliance store for $130 less!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I paid for a brand NEW HP Envy laptop and had it sent to my home. I bought this in January 2018. Not even a week later, I had issues with the laptop. I called HP customer support and they told me that my laptop was registered to them July 24, 2017. So I call Best Buy. Paola confirms that it is a refurbished laptop. WTF. I paid for a brand new one and they sent me a crappy refurbished one? This should be illegal! Best Buy is sending me a new one, but I don't even understand how a mistake like this can happen. I ordered it online and it should have been shipped from a warehouse. Has this happened to other people? Seems fishy to me. The case is open with them until I resolve when confirming the laptop that Best Buy is sending in replacement is in fact NEW.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We purchased an automatic start for our daughter on 12/17. She called for installation and they couldn't do it until 1/20 passed the 14 day policy. The technician let us know that there was already an auto start in the car. We had no idea. We tried to get an return or store credit, but now we are out 300.00. We are 32 days since purchase date. If they would have given us an earlier date we could have returned it in time. It's not right.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The first time I made an order in this store. I ordered the TV set-top box. On the phone came an SMS message from the bank that the purchase took place. A few minutes later, a new message arrived, about the successful cancellation of the order. All this was duplicated by email. Wrote in technical support with the question - why the order was canceled. He addressed the forum in a personal message to the store employee. It took 2 days, received no response. The first time I encountered such an attitude towards the buyer. I had to order from a competitor in Adorama. Before that, I made many purchases for Amazon, eBay, Rakuten, etc.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was supposed to get my item after two weeks but didn't receive anything after one month. I contacted the customer service and they told me my item is lost and they will send me another one again. It is about 3 weeks after their email and I am still waiting!! I will never buy anything from Best Buy again.

Best Buy Company Information

www.geeksquad.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use