2. Shopping

Best Buy
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

Best Buy Shop Now

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: July 5, 2020

I recently bought a new computer from the Bestbuy.ca website which was sold by TechReset located in Mississauga. The computer was a great price, through research I found it was at least $100 dollars less than other sites I visited. After it was shipped I received my order the next day as we said when I contacted Techrest via phone. It was a refurbished computer but when I received it it looked like it was new. It works great and is smooth and fast. It came with everything to just plug it in and connect it to a monitor or tv and use it. Windows 10 pro 64 bit came installed with it as well. It came with a corded mouse and corded keyboard. For what I was looking for this was a great unbeatable deal. I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend the Best Buy website for buying a refurbished computer from TechReset.

The person I talked with on the phone from Techreset was friendly, honest and knowledgeable, I asked a few questions about the shipping times and about the prices. He tried to find out the answers for my questions and one of them he said he cannot answer and pointed me in the right direction to the BestBuy website customer service for an answer. He didn't send me in a wild goose chase as some other places have when asking questions that they could not answer. I feel that they are trustworthy and honest from this interaction. In the future if or when I plan to buy another computer this is where I'll be checking first. For what I bought this was a pleasant and easy purchase. I have recommended this site to a few friends that were currently looking to buy a upgraded computer but didn't want to pay a fortune.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

It is the offer of a one year tech support of computer, and other electronic devices for $200 that got me into the Best Buy stores. In one trip to the store they upgraded 3 computers, two phones, and one Samsung pad. If I had gone to another place I would have paid much more to have all that done. While I was waiting I saw they had an area for open box appliances. I checked it out because I needed a new refrigerator and washer. The open box prices were so good I bought both appliances. I used the tech support for all my appliances for 2019 and saved hundreds of dollars. It has been so good that I renewed for 2020 and have recommended it to my friends. I have also gotten a new ring camera for outside and a new fitbit tracker. The Geek help is especially good for us seniors who are not as tech savvy. It saves us the embarrassment of having to have to ask our kids.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Best Buy, for the last several years, has been the only true electronics and appliance store that still has a brick and mortar retail presence. It used to be that there were quite a few choices in this area, with Good Guys, Circuit City, etc. Now, there really is only Best Buy if you want to get in the car and walk into a store to shop for your items in person, which I happen to love. If I'm buying a 750 Camera, I want to see it in person, hold it, ask about it. Same with a computer, or dishwasher. The prices at Best Buy are fair and competitive and the sales staff is VERY knowledgeable. And, of course, there is the Geek Squad. They installed my last home theatre system and did a FANTASTIC job. Top level service and support all the way around. So, if you want to deal with an actual person and you want to see and hear the electronics you are buying BEFORE you buy them, then you really do want to give Best Buy a look. I've never been disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We bought 2 Samsung active watches open box. Both said excellent condition and no missing pieces. When we got the watches home they synced seamlessly to our phones and seemed to be a great product until I went to charge them. Neither device would charge no matter how many things we tried. So we returned to the store expecting a Geek Squad employee to show us what we were doing wrong, but it turned out one of the chargers was defective and one of the watches was defective.

At this point my expectation would be for them to allow a return of the defective devices and we would be left starting over to find a good deal on these watches. Instead we were able to combine the defective pieces into one box and keep the pieces that work in another. Already, amazing customer service. Then they allowed us to swap the defective open box watch with a brand new one. Best Buy has put me in the holiday spirit, I couldn't be more happy with the service. It is tough to get out of the house and do brick and mortar shopping with all my kids, but Best Buy continues to make it worth it every time. Thank you Best Buy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

For 5935 S Wadsworth Store in Littleton. My 70 year old neighbor was having a terrible time with kitchen appliances order. Best Buy had computer glitch which did not record her order. Took a week to straighten that out, reverse credit card charges etc, but a week later order was complete. Measuring crew came out, told my friend that a cabinet cutting crew was needed to install double oven. She told Best Buy appliance manager that but install company sent same measuring crew out. Frustrating.

Took a week to get right crew out. Then credit card bill came and neighbor was charged twice for order. We went to store, asked to see manager and ** came out, listened to our issues and took bull by the horns. She spent 20 minutes on phone with bank who were NOT helpful and also with Best Buy's tech support. Straightened out all the issues, talked to her appliance manager about how to improve his performance (new guy) and got my friend a nice $ credit for her troubles and 2 week earlier delivery of her refrigerator. ** made a potentially disastrous situation into a positive one. Better hold onto her, Best Buy. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Worst service I have ever had bar none. They charged me $600 for a TV set that everyone else was selling the exact same set for $400. Then they charged $150 for the installation, while all the other stores were charging $100. On the first install appt. they showed up with the wrong equipment. For the next 2 install appointments they failed to show up. Rude, snotty sales people, ever ruder and more stupid managers. 6 weeks and still cannot get my tv installed. Don't purchase at Best Buy: cheaters, unreliable, rudest of the rude, and stupid.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We purchased a washing machine from Best Buy in Uptown, Victoria BC Canada. Paid for delivery and installing. (Checked off all would be done in advance as drier was already in place and was assured all would be well!) Long story short, we had to get an installer after delivery guys refused to install and pay an additional $320 for another company to do the installation. Gerry ** offered us a $100 dollar gift card and little apology. Wasn’t willing to negotiate any further or take direct responsibility and didn’t bother to answer our last email! K sera, sera! Sale was made and away you go! We were just so perplexed as it’s a rental unit and time of the essence! We wouldn’t accept a gift card as there would be no sense in dealing with a company whose motto Should be, "Out of shop, out of Mind!" They told untruths about contacting the Rentor (they had his phone number) to resolve the issue! By then all had been installed by another company anyhow!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

If you enjoy wasting your time as much as Best Buy's "Geek Squad" does, then feel free to schedule an appointment at the 1740 30th St, Boulder, CO location. 2 appointments and no installs completed. I'm from Fort Collins, CO and decided to to schedule a amplifier install and to have my backup camera checked at this location because they were the soonest ones available in my area. The moment I arrive, the tech was working on a different vehicle and told me that my appointment was cancelled. This was the same tech I spoke with a week before to make sure we were clear that I scheduled on the 16th of October, 2020 and what I wanted to have installed.

On the 16, he install a power cable for the amplifier and told me it was going to be very late if he were to finish the install considering we got off to such a late start and that we can schedule another appointment the following week first thing in the am. I was not happy with this but I was willing to do another appointment. Today, being the next appointment scheduled, I showed up for my second appointment and the tech was running late. I walked around the store for about an hour and a half and spoke with a Best Buy manager I assume. He apologized to me and wrote my name and number down so he told contact me when the tech arrived. I'm still waiting for that phone call lol. I'd give this location negative stars if I could but this will do I guess.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Their staff always knows their stuff, they stopped me from going home with a wrong computer part I had picked for myself and they gave me the better one that was compatible. Always a great experience here and they have a little bit of everything. I also like the fact that they will repair your computer here.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have a five year contract I took out when I bought my last TV set. The contract has two years to run and I find the streaming feature of the "smart" tv no longer works. So...I've called the Geek Squad for help. Many times. All I get is "sorry" no agent available to talk with you...At least now I know not to ever take out an extended warranty using GS...it's worthless.

Best Buy Company Information