3.57/5
Based on 2,813 ratings submitted in the last year

3870 Best Buy Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I just want to make it known that I just spent a few different days at the Best Buy Store located at 5051 East Ray Rd., Phoenix, Arizona because I was getting a new phone & couldn’t decide so went back a few times. I have purchased the majority of my phones there however not once a year & this last time it had been 2 years. They truly remembered me, greeted me as if it was just yesterday. One person remembered my name and honestly to get to the point - every single person went above and beyond and always does. They are so professional, so knowledgeable. I can’t begin to describe how the process was so efficient & smooth and this store/department is lucky to have such awesome employees and even better the longevity/low turn over says a lot about their manager and the store manager. The best customer service experience I’ve received in person in so long. Thank you so much!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had a horrible issue with my cell phone provider. I went in to buy a burner phone for an abused loved one. I was talking to the Verizon representative. She helped me with the burner phone. As she was setting it up, I explained my situation. She explained that she got those complaints from the other cell phone provider. She explained other options that would fit my family better. I left without doing any more than my purchase. I thought about it but put it out of my mind. After a while I had several incidences with my current cell phone provider. They lied to me.

I went back to Best Buy. I went to that same sales rep and bought a cell phone, a hot spot and signed up for services with Verizon. She helped my family in many ways. I am going back to buy more phones and I have referred several people to that sells rep and Best Buy. I highly recommend. No pressure. They listen and offer you the help you need. Great customer service. Other companies can learn from them.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I came into Best Buy to fix an issue with my Omen computer. After finding out that the graphics card was trash and a new one would cost me about 650 dollars, I decided to get iBUYPOWER computer. Roman, Brandon, Andrea, and Jess were amazing. They took care of my product, got me a way more powerful computer with only a couple hundred bucks out of pocket. Not only did they transfer, install and update my computer, they did it within a day. IBUYPOWER is hands down one of my favorite computers. We were able to set it up and get out computer running within an hour of getting home. This has been the most pleasant, straightforward process. I am very happy with my product. The service at the Almaden Best Buy in San Jose.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a home theater subwoofer from Future Shop (before they became Best Buy in Canada) in early 2012. I bought the product protection plan on it at the time which was an extra $60 or so and gave me a 9-year warranty. Last month (Oct. 2018) the subwoofer failed and made crackling noises. I still had until Spring of 2019 on the protection plan, so I brought the subwoofer into Best Buy. Apparently this subwoofer was discontinued or no longer carried by Best Buy and couldn't be found in their system. They offered me a refund for my original purchase price ($299 + tax) on a gift card and said I could use it to buy a new subwoofer. They didn't really have a comparable model to the defective one in that price range, so I settled for a slightly less powerful one, which was $100 less.

All in all, I was impressed by their professionalism and courtesy for this situation, as it wouldn't have really surprised me had they said something to the tune of "You bought this when we were known as Future Shop. This is Best Buy so we can't help you now." I was pleasantly surprised to be getting a brand new subwoofer to replace my nearly 9-year old one. It's a shame that it's not the same model, but to hear it connected to my sound system it sounds very comparable to the old one. Plus the new one also has the same 9-year extended warranty (which was an extra $40, but well worth it to me). In a sea of one-star reviews I thought I'd share a positive experience that I had with Best Buy. I've returned things to the store on occasion and have never once had any kind of hassle when doing so. There are some things that they don't accept returns for once opened but they always tell you this when you're buying such an item.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have purchased multiple appliances from Best Buy. I live in a remote area and they always deliver on schedule and with courtesy. My last two purchases included a return of a washer/dryer set that I was very unhappy with and delivery of my replacement purchase. They have the best return policy for appliances I have ever encountered. Two thumbs up to Best Buy appliance sales and delivery teams.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: June 19, 2019

6 yrs I bought a French door bottom freezer fridge with thru the door ice maker. I bought 5 yr warranty because of tech 7 service calls on ice maker. The warranty I bought was replacement of product after 3 repairs. They told me it did not cover ice maker because it was an add on. I bought a through the door ice maker not an add on. They did not care. Now my 6 yr old fridge has a defrost timer issue that can't be repaired. Thousands of online complaints. I'm out 4k. Do not spend your money here.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We arrived, talked to the clerk and looked at a couple PCs. was shown the gaming PCs and went through the equipment and prices on the price range I selected. Selected the best price and equipment. The mouse pad was nice to receive too.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Attn Mr Vasillo **: on duty manager Sunday 6/16/2019 11:15 am CDT. Needs a different job. Worst customer service I have received at any establishment in a long time. If I performed my duties as poorly as this guy I would be in jail. His performance evaluations should be closely examined. I will no longer do business in the Temple TX store as he suggested I do. Nice job dude. For further detail please contact the offices of Mr G Mike ** and Mr Hubert **.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I went to Best Buy yesterday to buy Windows 10 for my laptop because somehow my Windows 7 got corrupted and would not accept the Windows legally purchased key. When I made my purchase of the Windows 10 software from Best Buy I asked if this would work on my laptop and was told YES. Well after opening the Windows 10 package and tried to install it on my laptop a pop up came up and said it was NOT compatible with my laptop. I went back to Best Buy today to buy a new laptop and was looking at a couple that would work for me. Then I was corralled by a floor salesman and was directed to the very high dollar units. I told him I would buy online. I then went to the service counter and asked if I could get a refund for the Windows 10 if I was to buy a laptop from Best Buy, or would I have to eat the $150.00 The counter person called her manager and after 15 minutes I was told NO. I never did see the manager.

So I went across the street to Walmart of all places and bought the computer that I wanted and an adapter for my projector for far less money than Best Buy. Now I have $150.00 Windows 10 software that I cannot and will never have to use. By the way the adapter at Best Buy was priced at $49.00, and I bought basically the same adapter at Walmart for $20.00. Buyer beware. Best Buy is not your best choice for any purchase.

Original review: June 15, 2019

They are so unfriendly and helpless, they think they are the smartest people on planet even if know what you are talking about more than them. When you need real help they don’t show up. If you called them to help they will come acting like "why me, not the other guy". Their employees busy telling stories to each other.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Tyler, TX: I bought an expensive home video camera that would intermittently stop working. I took it in seven times and they continuously gave me the run-around, and had the nerve to act like I was trying to scam them. They sent it off a few times. No one was really looking at it because you had to play with it for about 5 minutes for it to malfunction. They insinuated that I was trying to scam them to get an upgrade. Finally, a friend of the family worked for a Best Buy in Houston, and from there they noted the malfunction. If we had not known someone 200 miles away at a Best Buy, they would never have stood behind the product and they would have continued to act like I was a con artist.

Many years later I decided to give Best Buy another chance, and so I bought a Samsung tablet. It was a Note tablet, and the writing app constantly malfunctioned. Once again, they pretended like nothing was wrong with it and that they weren't going to do anything about it. When I demonstrated the malfunction, they shrugged their shoulders and said it was nothing. Once again, they acted hostile towards me, as if I was a scam artist. What I deserved was to have a full refund, and then buy whatever I wanted, somewhere else.

It was unbelievable that these sketchy Best Buy employees were looking down their noses me; but this is how they treated everyone, hoping that any customer with a defective product would just go away and take a big hit in the pocketbook, just to please these shady people. Luckily for me, there was a Samsung kiosk in the store, and I showed the problem to an honest person, and she backed me up against a dishonest Geek Squad and the extraordinarily rude Best Buy personnel.

If I had not bought the warranty, I would have been totally out of luck on a faulty tablet. I did upgrade, but I had to pay for the upgrade out-of-pocket, for several hundred dollars. Why they begrudged this, I cannot guess. What they really owed me was my money back in cash. The Geek Squad assistant manager became angry when I refused to purchase another very expensive warranty for the new tablet. He acted shocked and angry, as though I had just pulled a major scam by not spending another big handful of money on another warranty with them. I explained to them that I was tired of them trying to get out of their warranties and if this tablet failed, so be it, but I will never trade with Best Buy again.

It has been five years, and I have never bought from Best Buy since, and I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again. My personal feeling on both of these events is that they went beyond immoral behavior, and were actually somewhat evil in their manner, demeanor, and their treatment of an innocent patron spending relatively large amounts of money to buy high quality electronics from what was supposed to be a reputable electronics department store.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I purchased replacement cartridges for my HP printer. Dual pack cost $57.14 (incl tax). Get home open the box, insert the cartridges into printer and get 'bad cartridge" message from printer. After talking to HP support it is determined that the black ink cartridge in the twin pack is bad, even though it is brand new. Today (one day after purchase) I return the cartridges to Best Buy Culver City Center (where I bought them) and I am being told by customer service that once the package is opened the store can no longer accept it back. I ask the lady how am I suppose to know there is a bad cartridge inside until I try them first? Her response: "I am not here to argue with you! I am telling you that's how it is!"

Say what? Who is arguing? I was only asking what I believe to be is a fair question: how do you know something you bought that is supposedly brand new is bad or doesn't work until you try it? And how can you try it until you take the item out of it's package? Bottom line, no refund. $57.14 down the drain and have to deal with a store rep with bad attitude on top of that. Best Buy Culver City Center in Los Angeles has never been a 'pleasant' store to go shopping but now it has gotten even worse. This will be the very last time I will spend my money there. Outright ridiculous!

Original review: June 14, 2019

We used a Best Buy credit card to make purchases over 8 years ago. Purchases totaled $3500. We paid $100 a month since then and still owe $2500!! So we have paid $9600 for items that are not worth $500 today and still owe $2500. So in total right now we would pay $12,100 if we payed to total balance. I told them we felt we have fully paid the debt and then some but they still want the remaining $2500. Surprisingly they don't want the 8 year old TV in return for the $2500 to be removed. Stupid on my part for signing up for a credit card. Very expensive lesson. We spent $4000 at best buy last year alone on other items and paid cash so we felt we're still good customers.

We asked Best Buy to come to a settlement and they said "sure - give us $2500 and it's settled." I was scheduled to get a radio system installed in my truck this weekend for $1500 but have decided to cancel this as well. It may not hurt Best Buy's bottom line but it's about principle now. Would have hoped a BILLION dollar company would be fair and work with us but $2500 must be worth losing good customers over.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Permit me to begin by saying that the online Geek Squad, together with American Express and one of my banks, saved me from a Ransomware attack in 2018. Even though I had great security subscriptions, I had messed up and the crooks got through. I paid the ransom, and American Express reimbursed the amount and issued a new card. The bank checked to make sure none of my accounts had been ransacked. The Geek Squad representative, whom I had called in desperation on my TracFone and explained that I was in the midst of being bamboozled on my iPhone. The online representative patiently walked me through the steps of backing out of the issue and clearing all the infiltrated data. And fortunately, I had backed my data up only the day prior.

For this reason, the establishment of trust, I phoned Best Buy to ask if they could recycle one of my old laptops (yes they could), and if they could remove the hard drive before recycling (they don't usually do that but if I could bring it over, Danny would be happy to do that for me and he would be there until 3PM. It was now 11:30AM and I told Danny I would be right over. Is this an appointment?

When I arrived with the recyclable laptop and its power supply, I could not get past Mark at the Geek Squad front desk who, without any shred of courtesy or even civility, informed me that if I did not have an appointment I would not be able to receive service. While I stood there trying to explain the situation, I was simultaneously listening to a lady who had a different issue and was receiving the same treatment from Mark: "no appointment, we can't help you." Mind you, there was not a single person waiting for service, only five empty chairs. "First appointment is at 12:00". I said, "Okay, I'll take it. But the Geek Squad is going down. And you are in serious need of some customer service training."

At this, Mark disappeared from the Geek Squad desk and a young man appeared. I asked, "Are you Danny?" I was so grateful to hear him say, "Yes." Danny went straight to work removing the laptop hard drive while explaining that recycled computers are usually handed in at the Customer Service desk but he was doing this as a favor because it something they don't usually do. So now I know. Danny completed the work in less that 30 seconds. Mark offered an apology. I accepted his apology but informed him that I was still going to write up the experience.

In business, it is always great to know of a reliable source for a variety of needs. While the Geek Squad telephone Help Line may have performed superlatively, thus easily selling me a one year additional security subscription, I would not recommend depending on the Geek Squad on-site. If you are determined to use the Geek Squad, be sure to make an appointment (online of course, and if your computer is down, how is that possible? Phone lines to the local Geek Squad ring until you are disconnected). Happy Trails.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I asked Best Buy staff to help me purchase a SIM card and plan that would work with a non-smart phone which I gave them. They picked out and sold me a SIM card and plan that I have now found out will NEVER work with a non-smart phone. A SIM card lock code appeared which they told me was because the phone was locked, but it is not locked. If the staff had bothered to call Tracfone while I was there, they would have found out the code was because they sold me the wrong plan and SIM card. Best Buy staff picked everything out. They made a mistake, and now Best Buy refuses to refund me the $137+ I spent today. No-one at Best Buy is apologizing for their mistake or trying to rectify it. They just say "that's non-refundable unfortunately" which is infuriating since they made the mistake! I am appalled at lack of responsibility or concern for the customer.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I ordered a stove and dishwasher. The service was horrible, I spent over 9 hrs in chat/phone time, could not get answers or service. I ended up buying a stove from Sears. Transferred so many times often to offshore who have no idea of US specs. no corporate # to file a legit complaint. How can they be better if they don't know what's going on? Most odd, frustrating shopping experience.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Delivery crew was 2.5+ hours late. Did not want to be there. Manufactured first excuse - we proved with tape measure product would fit. Two more made up excuses followed. Finally, we were told our gas line fitting was incompatible with new gas dryers and a plumber had to be called. ALL nonsense. Complete ignorance and laziness. Home Depot delivered similar unit and installed with zero issues. NEVER trust BEST BUY. Worthless lying delivery people.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I planned to go for a run today, watched a few videos on earphones and went to my local Best Buy to get one. Here is my situation. Customer goes to local store to buy $200 earphones for planned run. Earphones are out of stock in local store, employee Armin suggest ordering from store and receiving in 2 days. Customer inquires on stock in nearby store. Employee Armin says, "No it's out of stock everywhere, you can only order it to your house or pick up at store." Customer inquires on other alternatives with similar features. Employee Armin suggest there are no alternatives. Customer decides and relays message to order pick up to prevent theft of item on arrival at house and customer pays.

Employee Armin passes receipt and Customer inquires on pick up details. Employee Armin realizes error in not checking pick up option and apologized and transfers Customer to Employee Raphay. Employee Raphay suggest cannot cancel or change order to pick up at store and Customer must call customer support. Customer denies and Employee Raphay calls customer support. Meanwhile Raphay calls customer support on behalf of Customer. Customer discovers item is available in another location from phone search. Moving on Customer suggest refund and going to other store, Employee Raphay suggest this is not possible and Customer's only course of action is to wait for email detailing cancellation or change to order pick up. Customer feels defeated and leaves.

Now as I left I thought, what the heck? Best Buy is a billion dollar company, they can’t give me a $200 return so I can go spend my money at another one of their locations! And hold on a second, their own employee messed all this up and gave me misinformation. Now I go home and wait days for them to clear this mistake and lose out? What the heck! Do you feel my anguish here. Why does the customer have to take the full blow of the employee's mistake and secondly the organizationals structure. I went back and spoke to the manager and Raphay again stating I couldn’t leave with that resolution as it pained my heart and ruined my day. My day is not important to anyone else but myself but respect for my money under the laws that protect us in this country should be taken very seriously.

I went to the manager and it was disappointing to realize at some point, hey this guy does not have the power to give me a refund, I am a Software Developer so I understand transaction based systems to a degree. My assumption here is that the Best Buy organization is set up in a way to prevent even the Manager being able to override certain transactions and give refunds for one off situations like this and hey as an organization I get the restrictions okay. The only comforting thing in this was realizing the other actors I could actually relate to as humans, the employees Raphay, the manager who's name tag I didn’t see and someone else could see how this totally human situation was made that much more painful by this organizational structure which ultimately is what I am attacking and hold accountable for in this article.

Why should I pay reparations in time or money for an error caused by you the company? To finish this off, I will say Raphay was so fantastic and incredibly patient. I try to stay calm and just get through it because it's truly NO ONE'S fault. The manager offered me a $30 credit for what happened right away, which I didn't understand, $30 is nothing compared to the situation and what was going on. I did not appreciate this nor did I understand why you can give a credit for $30 but not the full item price and deal with the cancellations independently?

The final resolution is that now I am simply to wait for an email that will tell me if my order is cancelled or if it is for order pick up. If it’s for order pick up, great! I go in on Tuesday and get it. If it's cancelled, I go in to the store and get a refund plus a new gift card. I don't know when the email will arrive as well! So I guess I’ll wait a week and if it doesn’t show up go back. One thing's for sure though. I won't be running today.

Original review: June 8, 2019

My iPhone 7 battery was dying. Apple referred me to the Geek Squad. They agreed to replace the battery. When the battery replacement was complete, the fingerprint reader was not functional! After further examination, the Geek Squad told me they'd accidentally torn a small cable connecting the fingerprint reader. Don't worry, the GS representative told me, "We'll give you a brand-new display." An hour later the representative told me they'd tried to reassemble using a too-large screw which had stripped-out the circuit board, ruining the phone. "Don't worry," the representative told me, "we'll replace it with a new phone from Apple."

Several days later, I learned from the Geek Squad that it would be a used, reconditioned iPhone, not a new one. The used phone might have been even older than the phone they broke. I walked into Best Buy with a pretty good phone, and I walked out with a broken one. How would you feel if I broke your phone and then told you I would only replace it with a used one?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Be aware that Best Buy only has a 15 return policy. You cannot get a refund even on a unused item in perfect condition with a valid receipt. They will offer you a credit. I will no longer shop at their store. There are plenty of alternatives at the same price with better return policies. Goodbye Best Buy.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Bought a drone at Best Buy. When I attempted to activate it, learned you can only do so by buying flight insurance (per flight) which comes to about $10 an hour. Apparently, this is a new thing applied to drones due to their popularity. I would like to have known this before purchase, but not strictly Best Buy's fault. But there was no way I was going to incur the additional expense, and decided to return it. Because I was a first time drone buyer, I felt somewhat insecure about this uncharted territory.

I was told during the sale, however, that if I returned it with the package already opened, I would be charged a $15 restocking fee. Fair enough, I was willing to take the hit if I decided it would be too steep a learning curve. Upon returning it, however, was told the restocking fee was $60. It goes by a percentage of purchase price. Surprise! So I basically set 60 dollars on fire for absolutely nothing. I most certainly would not have bought something that would cost $60 to return. Anything that can be bought at Best Buy can be bought elsewhere, which is what I plan on doing in the future.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I checked online for a keyboard, for a Microsoft Go cover. The website showed 1 available. We did not reserve but drove over. We went to the store in Barrie ON but the staff member said that he couldn't find any as this item was one of the products that had gone missing. We assumed that he meant that it was misplaced but he returned to tell us that this store had a theft problem and this item was likely stolen.

He said that living in a crime city like Barrie, the less products on display the better as people in Barrie steal things. I told him that I won't be shopping in a store where theft is such a problem that it affects what information displayed on the web, could be or might not be accurate. He said that due to theft I should either reserve or call ahead. His words were "you guys" steal things. I told him that I will be shopping at Staples from now on. He said that he came from Staples and they had the same problem. Best Buy, you might have a training issue. Ok, I guess Amazon, here I come.

Original review: May 10, 2019

The day before my vacation I purchased a Gimbal Mobile at Best Buy, during my trip I went to set up the device to start filming my vacation. Turns out the product is damaged, the stabilizer doesn't work. I arrive back home 2 weeks later and want to return the product and I can't because Best Buy doesn't accept anything after 14 days. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction and 30 day returns? Because of ONE day later I won't be able to return and am stuck with a damaged product that cost me $200. I will NEVER buy anything from Best Buy ever again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I am writing on my experience of the delivery I had yesterday May 8, 2019. We had bought a Maytag washer from Best Buy and the experience at the store was awesome but we were told that when the guys came to deliver our washer they would have no problem taking our old washer out into my garage. Before they delivered I was called and was asked if the place was cleaned up for the new washer and I said, "No. I was told that you could take my old washer out in garage." He told me it would cost me $20.

The delivery of the washer was not only rude but they smash my dryer vent which cost me not only $50 but they also told me that I had to change my faucets and it wouldn't be very much at all to fix it for the new washer which resulted in a $319 charge. After they left there was a leak with my faucet. I was expecting it to be an easy day and the guy even said that, "I guess you thought it would be an easy day?" And I was like Yes!! I been without a washer for almost 3 weeks. I know that issues arise but this was sheer laziness on their part of not helping. Whatever happen to service?? I was very disappointed with everything that happen yesterday. :(

Original review: May 7, 2019

Great it a way that I could do this forever. It was an expert that I could do this forever ❤️???? Great day ever and every one should try out the fundamental... Very easy to do and I hope Every one do it too.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I bought the Librarian movie trilogy and none of the DVDs would play correctly. I tried contacting Best Buy with no response. I took the DVDs to my nearest store 30 miles away to turn them in and found out they had been returned as not working in another state. This is so sad, that a major co. can get away with this.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I was attempting to return the cable at the return counter. There were two people at the counter. I was several days late for the return policy. (BB policy is much shorter than most). One of the two at the counter said it should be fine. The younger guy had to go in the "back" to ask a manager. He came back with the manager and he said he would not accept a return. The box was opened, but the cable was in perfect condition, still wound, like new. He said since it was open, no dice. I told them it was ridiculous. We spent $275 that day. They did not give eye contact, they did not care at ALL about me as a consumer. I said I doubt I would be returning, and the one young man said that was fine. Really? We have spent thousands of dollars at BB. Never again. For a $23 cord - and a $275 purchase, which included $20 extra for a warranty.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Husband went to BestBuy in Christiansburg, VA yesterday to purchase a new cell phone as he had broken his. He asked for help from the employees and a guy eventually sold him an expensive cell phone. I thought it was odd that the employee didn’t offer to help with the setup but let it go. Hubby came home, called his carrier and was told that the new phone he had just purchased would not work with his carrier.

They also told him that they no longer did business with BB. Took the phone back today, LESS THAN A DAY LATER, and was told sure it could be returned BUT he would be charged $35.00 for bringing it back! The BB employee helped him pick out the phone, the BB employee knew who his carrier was, and BB STILL charged him for their employee’s error! HORRIBLE company, HORRIBLE service, TERRIBLE employees.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had ordered a dishwasher w/ delivery option and was set up 2 to 3 weeks in advance, I took the day off of work, set everything up, stood up the night before almost 2 hours to get old dishwasher out, to then be called an hour or two before delivery to then be told they cannot make it out! Terrible! We won't be ever using Best Buy again! Top it off it wasn't even Geek Squad that would've came out as advertised. It was a third party! SMH.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The PowerPC is the best you're gonna get at that price. It runs every game we put on and runs flawlessly. The customer service was impeccable. It always a pleasure going into Best Buy and getting help as soon as I need it.

Best Buy Company Information