2. Shopping

Best Buy

3.6/5 (2096 ratings)

About Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Yesterday my grandson and I were in the Best Buy in Mission Viejo, CA buying him an Apple tablet. He's 8 years old. The salesgirl whose name I didn't get, Noah in the Geek Squad and Mo the manager all exceeded my expectations. The girl was so upbeat, helpful and professional, Noah was amazingly patient and pleasant as he set up the device for use and Mo, the manager called to help me with a purchasing issue, was also upbeat and professional. I hope that Best Buy is good to their employees because those 3 people gave me an excellent opinion of Best Buy and because of them I will definitely shop there again.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Purchased electric stove from Nancy ** in the Mays landing New Jersey store. She was very knowledgeable and very helpful. It was a real pleasure to deal with her. She made shopping fast and easy. Every salesperson should be this knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you Nancy!!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I will tell you honestly I can not stand "marketplace" and will never buy a thing from there, but BestBuy is my go-to place for all electronics. These people truly THE BEST!!! I have many examples of why I chose this company but I will write here about this laptop. First, where can you buy a brand new not refurbished Asus VivoBook 15.6 FHD, i5, 16Gb, 512GB SSD for $699??? I see that it was stated "delivery same or next day" that's why I bought it, I didn't expect it to be real same-day delivery.

Next, I placed my order shortly after midnight on Sunday, February 7, exactly 12:15 AM. My order was packed, moved to Purolator by 8 AM same day Sunday. By 10 AM it was shipped and on the vehicle for delivery!!! We are talking about Canada and Sunday here, these two things never have "open/working/delivery" words combined together. If there is any other company that does the same service message me I want to know, otherwise this is truly magic! I feel that this is TRUE 21st CENTURY SHOPPING. Thank you, Best Buy!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Fast shipping speed on every game I play! Ready to use out of the box, so glad my first pc I bought was on Best Buy! If anyone is looking for Fortnite or Call of Duty game titles or any game really this the pc you guys should buy and it should be from Best Buy.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Their staff always knows their stuff, they stopped me from going home with a wrong computer part I had picked for myself and they gave me the better one that was compatible. Always a great experience here and they have a little bit of everything. I also like the fact that they will repair your computer here.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Worst customer service ever. Push you around until you explode. Nobody is able to help with your issues. Too many issues to list. When you order and need things fixed they ask if you have a man in the house that can do it! WTH!!! I paid for extended warranty and everything. Then I purchase online only to have them give me the runaround on delivery and Installation. Which never happened. We installed and picked up. Poor poor service! They suck!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

We have been in limbo with Best Buy not finishing the installation job. I hired Best Buy more than a month ago to install a new under cabinet Range Hood over our stove. When the installer showed up, they did not have the right tools. I provided some of what they needed. They screwed the hood to the cabinet and the wall but did not hookup the hood to exhaust duct above it. Installer stated that requires a certified HVAC service person. So the hood is returning the exhaust in to the kitchen. Have not been above to use our stove for a month. In addition, installer damage the stove igniter in process of affixing the hood to the cabinet.

I have contact Best Buy customer service with no result. Went to the store that service was purchased but store manager says he has no power or control on the job or the problems. He said to contact customer service. This is a circus show by Best Buy. When I call corporate office, they say that they have no corporate customer service and I need talk to installation department. I have written to Corie Barry, CEO of Best Buy, 3 times yet no result. There is no line of sight if Best Buy will ever finish this job or fix the damages as result of sending out delivery guys as installers. We have been ordering take out since the stove is not usable.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Given incorrect information, no follow up and disconnected on chat with Geek Squad. My Toshiba TV drops sound (only 3 months old) and when contacted Baldev. S. via chat he gave me an incident number which on followup could not be found in their system and when I asked the next individual to get someone to calle me they disconnected my chat. Most disappointed in Best Buy.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Purchased a phone from Best Buy and their warranty program. My daughter broke her phone and is away at school. Ordered the replacement phone to our house and drive it out to her a few days later. The microphone part is malfunctioning and they have a strict return on receiving the broken phone within 15 days but they didn’t include the return mailing or instructions so they now won’t accept the return and are charging me for it and I’m stuck with a defective product as well. Last time I step foot in a BestBuy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

First of all I do not like giving bad reviews but in this case I must. I purchased a complete stereo system at Best Buy and with the amount of products that I purchased the tech told me it would be cheaper to purchase the Geek Squad plan to install the stereo so I agreed. I was never told that it would be a reoccurring charge. It was only for the installation of the system. They took out over 400.00 dollars from my account before I discovered it. I never got a email text or anything it was coming out each year. As like other reviews the geeksquad was rude and even hung upon me. It's totally a scam. If you do buy at best buy do not give them a debit or credit card because you will be a victim like me. Just saying.

Best Buy Company Information