2. Shopping

Best Buy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5
Based on 4,962 ratings submitted in the last year

Best Buy Reviews

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We bought 2 Samsung active watches open box. Both said excellent condition and no missing pieces. When we got the watches home they synced seamlessly to our phones and seemed to be a great product until I went to charge them. Neither device would charge no matter how many things we tried. So we returned to the store expecting a Geek Squad employee to show us what we were doing wrong, but it turned out one of the chargers was defective and one of the watches was defective.

At this point my expectation would be for them to allow a return of the defective devices and we would be left starting over to find a good deal on these watches. Instead we were able to combine the defective pieces into one box and keep the pieces that work in another. Already, amazing customer service. Then they allowed us to swap the defective open box watch with a brand new one. Best Buy has put me in the holiday spirit, I couldn't be more happy with the service. It is tough to get out of the house and do brick and mortar shopping with all my kids, but Best Buy continues to make it worth it every time. Thank you Best Buy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

For 5935 S Wadsworth Store in Littleton. My 70 year old neighbor was having a terrible time with kitchen appliances order. Best Buy had computer glitch which did not record her order. Took a week to straighten that out, reverse credit card charges etc, but a week later order was complete. Measuring crew came out, told my friend that a cabinet cutting crew was needed to install double oven. She told Best Buy appliance manager that but install company sent same measuring crew out. Frustrating.

Took a week to get right crew out. Then credit card bill came and neighbor was charged twice for order. We went to store, asked to see manager and ** came out, listened to our issues and took bull by the horns. She spent 20 minutes on phone with bank who were NOT helpful and also with Best Buy's tech support. Straightened out all the issues, talked to her appliance manager about how to improve his performance (new guy) and got my friend a nice $ credit for her troubles and 2 week earlier delivery of her refrigerator. ** made a potentially disastrous situation into a positive one. Better hold onto her, Best Buy. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My husband purchased an unlocked Samsung phone at the Anderson, SC store#520 at 3601 Clemson Blvd for me. After trying to activate my service with the Sim card it was discovered that the phone would not connect to the network no matter what was tried. We also contacted Samsung to no avail. So after 3+ hours of different attempts I returned to the Best Buy store and spoke to ** a supervisor about my problem. He willingly exchanged my phone for a new one as well as updating the phone prior to installing the Sim card. He spent a good amount of time with me, never making me feel as if I was taking up too much of his time and when it was updated he installed the sim card and made sure the phone was in perfect operating order before I left. I am extremely impressed with ** professionalism and patience in going above and beyond in a very difficult and confusing situation.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I just want to make it known that I just spent a few different days at the Best Buy Store located at 5051 East Ray Rd., Phoenix, Arizona because I was getting a new phone & couldn’t decide so went back a few times. I have purchased the majority of my phones there however not once a year & this last time it had been 2 years. They truly remembered me, greeted me as if it was just yesterday. One person remembered my name and honestly to get to the point - every single person went above and beyond and always does. They are so professional, so knowledgeable. I can’t begin to describe how the process was so efficient & smooth and this store/department is lucky to have such awesome employees and even better the longevity/low turn over says a lot about their manager and the store manager. The best customer service experience I’ve received in person in so long. Thank you so much!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had a horrible issue with my cell phone provider. I went in to buy a burner phone for an abused loved one. I was talking to the Verizon representative. She helped me with the burner phone. As she was setting it up, I explained my situation. She explained that she got those complaints from the other cell phone provider. She explained other options that would fit my family better. I left without doing any more than my purchase. I thought about it but put it out of my mind. After a while I had several incidences with my current cell phone provider. They lied to me.

I went back to Best Buy. I went to that same sales rep and bought a cell phone, a hot spot and signed up for services with Verizon. She helped my family in many ways. I am going back to buy more phones and I have referred several people to that sells rep and Best Buy. I highly recommend. No pressure. They listen and offer you the help you need. Great customer service. Other companies can learn from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

This holiday I placed an online order with Best Buy for my son's Christmas present that I was told it would be delivered 12/21/19. I checked the email status on 12/21 stating item was delayed till 1/21/2020. So on 12/23/19 I went to the mall to cancel order and purchase the item in store. The store clerk couldn’t cancel the order stating it was coming from a different warehouse. So they advised me to just make a second purchase in store and return the online order at a later date.

The online order came around 12/27/19. The item was in a sealed box and had no documents in box of purchase or return policy. The store denied my return as they said it was past return date of 6 days. I explained that no policy or paperwork came in the box. They said all I can receive is store credit or keep the item. So I feel that due to their errors they basically are forcing me to get my money.. I contacted customer service and they were not of any help at all and said why didn’t I return it when I got it. They were very rude. Best Buy will be hearing from me again and will no longer get my business ...horrible service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I will never buy from Best Buy again because of their association with the NAL GROUP as their delivery company. They are a total scam. F rated with the BBB. They ask you to sign a form acknowledging the receipt of your item but it is actually a waiver releasing them from any and all damages. In my case they damaged my yard with a large truck.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Best Buy return gone wrong. I was awarded a one shot deal in 2013. I kept my light bill at a zero balance. 3 years later I close out that account and moved in with my girlfriend in 2016. We broke up in 2019. I then moved to Staten Island NY and was told I owe for the one shot deal with was issue for me in 2013. They claimed that they sent this grant money to HRA for what I don't know three years later. So that means that HRA got 500 dollars and con Edison made interest plus they what me to pay for the grants. I'll fight them to the end.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

My Samsung refrigerator was bought 12/4/18. It stopped working 8/7/19. After 12 days it was fixed due to compressor problem. On 1/2/20 refrigerator stops working again, Geek Squad and AIG sent out 4 different service techs with different parts over 18 days. At today's appointment tech tells me that they can't figure out what the problem is and will notify his supervisor, after being on hold for 16 minutes with his company he said he has to go to next appointment as he does not know how long they will keep him on hold, and will e-mail them. At this time I am "up in the air" as what is going to happen. I tried calling Best Buy in Costa Mesa, AIG extended warranty division, and Geek Squad and was either transferred, put on hold, "Sorry we can't do anything for you", hung up on. By the way 0 stars.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Same disastrous, dare I say more disastrous, story as other customers of Best Buy. My elderly mother bought two top of the line dishwashers to be delivered on the same day and installed in two locations about a mile apart. They showed up with one dishwasher for one location. Receipt clearly indicated same day delivery for both. Rescheduled two weeks out for the other, then they cancelled and pushed it back another two weeks.

When they finally arrived, we had an installer, but no dishwasher. Same old “blah, blah, blah” from the installer, “thought the dishwasher was already here”. My mother and wife spent all afternoon at the store where the purchase was made (Niles, Ohio) after waiting all morning for the installer who was empty handed. Store manager (corporate) assured them he would get to the bottom of it and contact one of them by the end of the day, already being late afternoon by then. After a week went by without hearing anything at all from anyone, I spent over ninety minutes on the phone trying to get in contact with someone, anyone! Several hours combined on phone, mostly on hold or being transferred around.

Eventually made arrangements to go back to store to get delivery straightened out at which time they gave us $100 off for inconvenience (back to that in a minute). Rescheduled another week out between seven a.m. and noon. Of course no one showed up at all. Started calling again at one in afternoon. After all that inconvenience, I was informed I would have to make another trip back to the store (fourth trip now). At that point it was four in the afternoon and I just asked for a refund as we’d given them all the time under the sun to get the job done. It was then that they arranged for a refund by mail MINUS the $100 off for the inconvenience that they were TAKING BACK. We had spent three full days waiting on our own time not even including hours and hours on the phone, and still never even got the product.

Mind you, this was a nearly two thousand dollar dishwasher (2) order that was already paid for in advance. Absolute and total bungling and incompetence from top to bottom! Would never ever consider buying anything from Best Buy ever again! I would rather pay a few bucks extra for a legitimate company and no headaches. It defies logic that this is one of the top retailers in the country. Worst customer service ever, and I am over a half century old and have dealt with my share of poor service. This takes the cake though. I would encourage any consumer to look elsewhere for your purchases. Keep in mind that Best Buy doesn’t sell anything you can’t get somewhere else. Save yourself the grief and keep in mind that Best Buy could care less! If I could give no stars I would.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Best Buy Company Information