Best Buy
3.63/5
Based on 4,992 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Best Buy

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Best Buy Reviews

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My husband purchased an unlocked Samsung phone at the Anderson, SC store#520 at 3601 Clemson Blvd for me. After trying to activate my service with the Sim card it was discovered that the phone would not connect to the network no matter what was tried. We also contacted Samsung to no avail. So after 3+ hours of different attempts I returned to the Best Buy store and spoke to ** a supervisor about my problem. He willingly exchanged my phone for a new one as well as updating the phone prior to installing the Sim card. He spent a good amount of time with me, never making me feel as if I was taking up too much of his time and when it was updated he installed the sim card and made sure the phone was in perfect operating order before I left. I am extremely impressed with ** professionalism and patience in going above and beyond in a very difficult and confusing situation.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I just want to make it known that I just spent a few different days at the Best Buy Store located at 5051 East Ray Rd., Phoenix, Arizona because I was getting a new phone & couldn’t decide so went back a few times. I have purchased the majority of my phones there however not once a year & this last time it had been 2 years. They truly remembered me, greeted me as if it was just yesterday. One person remembered my name and honestly to get to the point - every single person went above and beyond and always does. They are so professional, so knowledgeable. I can’t begin to describe how the process was so efficient & smooth and this store/department is lucky to have such awesome employees and even better the longevity/low turn over says a lot about their manager and the store manager. The best customer service experience I’ve received in person in so long. Thank you so much!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had a horrible issue with my cell phone provider. I went in to buy a burner phone for an abused loved one. I was talking to the Verizon representative. She helped me with the burner phone. As she was setting it up, I explained my situation. She explained that she got those complaints from the other cell phone provider. She explained other options that would fit my family better. I left without doing any more than my purchase. I thought about it but put it out of my mind. After a while I had several incidences with my current cell phone provider. They lied to me.

I went back to Best Buy. I went to that same sales rep and bought a cell phone, a hot spot and signed up for services with Verizon. She helped my family in many ways. I am going back to buy more phones and I have referred several people to that sells rep and Best Buy. I highly recommend. No pressure. They listen and offer you the help you need. Great customer service. Other companies can learn from them.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I came into Best Buy to fix an issue with my Omen computer. After finding out that the graphics card was trash and a new one would cost me about 650 dollars, I decided to get iBUYPOWER computer. Roman, Brandon, Andrea, and Jess were amazing. They took care of my product, got me a way more powerful computer with only a couple hundred bucks out of pocket. Not only did they transfer, install and update my computer, they did it within a day. IBUYPOWER is hands down one of my favorite computers. We were able to set it up and get out computer running within an hour of getting home. This has been the most pleasant, straightforward process. I am very happy with my product. The service at the Almaden Best Buy in San Jose.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a home theater subwoofer from Future Shop (before they became Best Buy in Canada) in early 2012. I bought the product protection plan on it at the time which was an extra $60 or so and gave me a 9-year warranty. Last month (Oct. 2018) the subwoofer failed and made crackling noises. I still had until Spring of 2019 on the protection plan, so I brought the subwoofer into Best Buy. Apparently this subwoofer was discontinued or no longer carried by Best Buy and couldn't be found in their system. They offered me a refund for my original purchase price ($299 + tax) on a gift card and said I could use it to buy a new subwoofer. They didn't really have a comparable model to the defective one in that price range, so I settled for a slightly less powerful one, which was $100 less.

All in all, I was impressed by their professionalism and courtesy for this situation, as it wouldn't have really surprised me had they said something to the tune of "You bought this when we were known as Future Shop. This is Best Buy so we can't help you now." I was pleasantly surprised to be getting a brand new subwoofer to replace my nearly 9-year old one. It's a shame that it's not the same model, but to hear it connected to my sound system it sounds very comparable to the old one. Plus the new one also has the same 9-year extended warranty (which was an extra $40, but well worth it to me). In a sea of one-star reviews I thought I'd share a positive experience that I had with Best Buy. I've returned things to the store on occasion and have never once had any kind of hassle when doing so. There are some things that they don't accept returns for once opened but they always tell you this when you're buying such an item.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Tried to buy a product and pay with a check. Cashier rang up item and I offered my dl for id. She said we don't need it. Then she walked away and called someone to talk. I waited, with others behind me, for her to give me my receipt. She came back. Asked if it was a personal check. Told her yes. She left again and another call took place. Came back and demand that I had to show her Id. Ok, showed her. She left again. Another call. Customers behind left to go to another cashier. I asked cashier what the problem was. No answer. I waited a few more minutes and asked for check back. Told her I changed my mind about doing business with them. I felt very uncomfortable. Never was told why such a problem. Won't be back.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Bought BB's extended tech support. Had them remote into my computer so as to fix connect to my printer. I gave them all night to fix. The next morning the computer was even more defective in that it would not log onto the internet and Windows 10 did not work correctly. They sent a tech out to the house since I am disabled and hard to get around. He attempted but could not fix it saying it was broken. This is not satisfactory. I need my computer fixed and compensated for all this heartburn.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Our less than two-year-old washer from Best Buy (purchased in July of 2017) stopped completing loads in May of 2019. It took 7 trips to the house and two "No Shows" (a total of nine appointments, numerous days off work and very expensive trips to the laundromat) and we were finally granted a new washer, which was installed on November 4th… Yes, November. Our friends and family couldn’t believe how patient we were with them, but we have always liked Best Buy. As it turns out, they don't make the washer we had any more, and so we went with one that was $100 more. Do you think they would give us a break after all the time off work and money spent at the Laundromat waiting for them to correctly fix or replace our 22-month-old washer... Nope, not a dime. Absolutely terrible Customer Services.

The good that came out of this is that $100 will cost Best Buy thousands... We cut up our Best Buy Card and will never buy anything from them again. In the past two years we have bought three TVs, a refrigerator and a washer (now two), no more... Enjoy your $100 Best Buy! Lastly, I have all of this documented including the chat conversation with Geek Squad where the person told me it was going to be $250 for them to come out and look at the washer (this was visit number 5), which I obviously didn’t pay. If anyone has any doubts or thinks this review is over exaggerated due to my obvious frustration, I would be more than happy to share.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I purchased a refrigerator at Best Buy in Austin. After three canceled deliveries without a reasonable explanation, I went back to the store and canceled my order. They didn't even bat an eye and apparently didn't think it unreasonable that I had waited over a month and still hadn't received my fridge. Never shopping at Best Buy again!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Very disappointed. I was advised I would have my laptop back in 2 weeks. It was actually 2 weeks later that they left me a voice mail advising that the repair would be $400 and they needed approval. I called the Geek Squad number all day and never got through so I gave up and called the store. I spoke to an associate who stated that they would advise the Geek Squad/computer department that I had okayed the repair. I never heard anything so I called back the next night only to be told that a) they had been attempting to get a hold of me (not true, they called once) and b) they were still waiting to hear from me for the approval (I had called). I'm also not sure why I bothered to join the repairs program because a $400 repair on top of my monthly maintenance fee seems a bit steep. When I'm ready to purchase a new laptop I will probably be looking elsewhere.

Best Buy Company Information