3.8/5 (2235 ratings)

About Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Criticizing my life is very simple in many aspects, I risk little and I have power over those who offer their work and their service in my faithful opinion, sometimes the critic risks something new, the world is usually cruel with new products, what again you need customers, this product fascinated me, I will be happy to buy from you again.

Original review: March 21, 2022

My order was cancelled by another store. I was extremely upset and she and her helper were amazing for my husband and I. She looked for the appliances I wanted. Not available, she helped find us new ones. Parmeet was wonderful..

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I was having a bad experience at the Tech Service Desk. I have the Tech Service contract and had received online notification my PC work was complete and it was ready for pickup. The Tech rep told me that my PC work had never been started!! For several reasons this was my sixth visit to the Beaumont store in two days, so I was very upset! I went about the store hunting for the manager I had dealt with before.

Matt ** in the PC sales noticed my irritation and search and stopped to assist. He went back to the Tech desk and found a complete misunderstanding had taken place. The Tech rep had not thoroughly checked for my job; but Matt did and saved the day! In my opinion after 48 years in business myself, you have a winner in Matt. He appears to me a natural at conflict resolution. And he has that willingness to step up for the customer even when the work is not in his area. Employees like Matt ** are hard to find and can do greater things for Best Buy.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Try it out. It is fun to use and is good for gaming. Has cool lights everything. I recommend it to you. When I used it for the first time I was really happy and I still am. I wish I had the money to add to it maybe like a better graphics card.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Had a great experience every time I come in they ask if I need help. Very easy to find what you need as well. Clean and welcoming environment. They also do repairs pretty fast all you do is make a appointment.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I am only giving Best Buy one star because I cannot write a review if I don't give them at least one. They deserve none! I recently called Best Buy's "customer service" line for help with products I bought there (a washer and dryer). The customer service rep said she would need to get a supervisor on the line to help me as my question was outside of her ability to help. She put a "supervisor" on the line who identified herself as "Rasheda." Rasheda was very condescending and rude. It took me back just a little at first, and when her behavior continued to escalate, I asked her if she would transfer me to another agent. She did not transfer me and continued to be rude. When I questioned her as to why she was treating me in that manner, she hung up the phone on me.

I figured it was probably better she had done that, and I just called Best Buy back, hoping to get another agent. The next agent I got was both nice and professional, and he helped me with my product. While I was on the phone with him, an "unknown" number kept dialing in on the other line. The number called me about 5 times while I was on the phone with the new Best Buy agent. When I hung up the phone with him, the unknown number dialed again. Because the number was so persistent, I answered, thinking it might be something important. As soon as I answered, the woman on the other end identified herself as "Rasheda" from Best Buy, and she immediately began cursing me. I was so shocked I hung up the phone.

Rasheda immediately called me back, telling me, "I am calling you from my personal phone, and it is blocked so you cannot block my number." Rasheda then called me several curse names. I again hung up. Rasheda called back immediately and threatened me. She reminded me she had my information from Best Buy's data base. She had my name, my phone number, my address, my mother's address (my mother is 80, and I have assisted her with her Best Buy account, and our accounts are linked), and Rasheda told me she had my Best Buy credit card number. She told me she planned to make my life miserable (only that was not the word she used.)

I immediately called Best Buy back and reported Rasheda's behavior to the representative on the phone. He put me on hold while he called a manager in the customer service center. While this was going on, Rasheda continued to call my phone, and as soon as the voicemail answered, she hung up and called right back. I told the rep on the phone from Best Buy that his customer service agent was calling me the whole time I was talking to him. He told me he would have the manager call me back as soon as the manager was free. While waiting for the manager's call back, Rasheda continued to call me. She continued to curse me and threaten me, telling me she was going to come to my house and hurt me (beat both me and my mother). I ended up recording Rasheda with my husband's phone when she called the next time, and I played that recording from my husband's phone when the Best Buy rep finally called me back.

Ultimately, Best Buy did NOTHING. They told me Rasheda was most likely "contracted," and there was nothing they could do. I asked for the situation to be escalated. I explained I was now afraid, especially since Rasheda had all my contact information and my addresses, and she was threating me. When Best Buy STILL refused to do anything, I told them I wanted to file a police report. I called police in the town where their home office was, and the police officer went to the home office and tried to take a report. Best Buy REFUSED to name the employee, even to police, and refused to help.

Over the next few months, Rasheda continued to call my cellphone and threaten me. I have received 187 calls from her (and still continue to receive calls). The only thing I can do is change my number, which I do not want to do since I have had the same phone number for 25 years. I live in fear every day that this Rasheda person will snap even further and travel to my home, as she has threatened to do multiple times. Best Buy completely stone-walled me and refused to control (let alone, discipline) their employee. This is the most egregious thing I have EVER had to deal with, and Best Buy is responsible!!!! (Pictures of phone logs confirming these calls can be provided.)

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I ordered an Sony Xperia 1 IV through Best Buy and it was supposed to come with WF-1000XM4 wireless headphones. The phone arrived but the headphones did not because the guy who placed my order in the store forgot to put the bundle. I tried going to the manager AND Best Buy Support but both of them say that they can't do anything because the "window for the promo had ended" and that "they can't give away the item for free" even though it's supposed to come with it through the pre-order.

Well no duh, because the promo purposefully ends right before the phone is supposed to come out, and the phone ended up getting delayed twice regardless. (Promo ended 8/29/2022, Phone originally was slated for 09/01/2022 but eventually got delayed to 09/22/2022.) So I ended up refunding the phone as the promo was one of the only reasons why I went through the Best Buy, all because they cared more about a $300 item they were SUPPOSED to give me than me returning a $1600 phone. Thanks for nothing, I'm ordering it through B&H now as they're still honoring the promo.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I paid Best Buy for installation of my Projector which they scheduled for Sept 2. Some Best Buy people came out on Sept 2 and said the job was not scheduled right so they could not complete the job. Then it got rescheduled for Sept 15. On Sept 15 I received a call saying that it was scheduled wrong again so they rescheduled it for today, Sept 19 from noon to 5pm. At 3:30, no one from Best Buy had shown up and I had not received any call from Best Buy notifying me of the time that they would arrive.

I called Best Buy support to find out about the service call and I was transferred around to a few different support people and waited on hold with each transfer. When l finally spoke to a customer support person, he told me that he could not do anything for me. I looked at my account online and I saw that Best Buy has this installation listed as "Completed". Unbelievable! I told the support person that the installation was never completed, it was cancelled on me 3 separate times. I insisted that he contact the installation team find out what happened with the installation that I had scheduled today. He said he could not transfer me.

I asked him to give me to someone who could help me. He said he would have "leadership" at Best Buy Minnetonka call me in 2-4 hours. I asked for a name and/or phone number of the person that was supposed to call me in 2-4hours as so far Best Buy had not been reliable at all. He would not give me any name or number of the person who would contact me. I asked who I should call if I don't receive a call in 2-4hours. He mumbled something imperceptible and never gave me an answer.

I asked the support person to at least send me an email of this conversation so I could have some confirmation of my discussion regarding this service call that kept getting cancelled. He did not send me any email of this support call. It is now 5 hours since the call with Best Buy support and I have not heard from "leadership" at Best Buy Minnetonka. It is just unbelievable how horrible Best Buy/Geek Squad's customer service has been with this service call.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Every time I bought from you to deliver to my house, the delivery fails, or Best Buy pays the shipping very cheaply, or you have to change the delivery method. Best Buy company needs, keep up with Global growth, Best Buy has stopped in time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I ordered a tv from Bestbuy.com, selected a delivery date, tv was delayed was told tv would be there by the next selected delivery date. It was delayed again. Tried multiple times to reach a resolution to my issue with customer service, even went to a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA to see if I could get some kind of discount on a comparable model that they had in stock ready for pickup that same day, was told they would not help me at all that I could cancel my order and it could take up to 30 days to get my money back then I could place a new order. Customer service from the entire company is very poor. I canceled my order and will probably never order from Best Buy again

Best Buy Company Information