2. Shopping

Best Buy

3.7/5 (2115 ratings)

About Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I will tell you honestly I can not stand "marketplace" and will never buy a thing from there, but BestBuy is my go-to place for all electronics. These people truly THE BEST!!! I have many examples of why I chose this company but I will write here about this laptop. First, where can you buy a brand new not refurbished Asus VivoBook 15.6 FHD, i5, 16Gb, 512GB SSD for $699??? I see that it was stated "delivery same or next day" that's why I bought it, I didn't expect it to be real same-day delivery.

Next, I placed my order shortly after midnight on Sunday, February 7, exactly 12:15 AM. My order was packed, moved to Purolator by 8 AM same day Sunday. By 10 AM it was shipped and on the vehicle for delivery!!! We are talking about Canada and Sunday here, these two things never have "open/working/delivery" words combined together. If there is any other company that does the same service message me I want to know, otherwise this is truly magic! I feel that this is TRUE 21st CENTURY SHOPPING. Thank you, Best Buy!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

We ordered a CyberPowerPC from Best Buy, and we love it. My son is a big gamer, and this computer works great for him. Easy to set up and easy to use. There were step by step instructions on how to do everything.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Fast shipping speed on every game I play! Ready to use out of the box, so glad my first pc I bought was on Best Buy! If anyone is looking for Fortnite or Call of Duty game titles or any game really this the pc you guys should buy and it should be from Best Buy.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Their staff always knows their stuff, they stopped me from going home with a wrong computer part I had picked for myself and they gave me the better one that was compatible. Always a great experience here and they have a little bit of everything. I also like the fact that they will repair your computer here.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I purchased an appliance package from Best Buy which I have always had very good experiences with in terms of quality of the product and service. The refrigerator was scheduled for delivery on 7/21. I got several confirmation texts and emails prior to the day and the day of. The driver called to say he was about 5 minutes away. As he got closer, he called again and said that there was no appliance on the truck that was supposed to be installed with a new water line. He called Best Buy and shortly after I got a call from them saying the order was canceled. The rep said the fridge was unavailable. I found this to be crazy that no one knew this until moments before it was on the street to be delivered! I spent almost 2 hours on the phone ranting with customer service because they told me they could refund me, but wouldn't say how much for. I am completely disgusted.

Original review: July 21, 2021

On, July 13, 2021, I arrived at Best Buy to purchase a computer for my work. Me and the store employee looked through the various computers and select a CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 4TB HDD + 960GB SSD - Black. At this time Ben the store employee told me that all I had to do was open up a Best Buy credit card and I could immediately order the PC online. I went home and ordered the credit card and placed my order. Card was processed and was given an order number. On 15 July I checked on the order status. I found that there was a problem. I went to the store and talked to Christopher one of the Assistant Store managers. He looked up my order number and we called the credit card company to get things straightened out. I was told by Christopher that this should not impact the delivery date.

I was then transferred to Best Buys ECC department to clear up any issues with them, but got the runaround. They would not remove the codes until after they talked to the credit card company. Which we transferred by to Citi Bank who took care of the problem with ECC. On the 17th attempted again to get through to make sure the computer was to be delivered on time. I was notified that it wasn't. It still has not been processed. Problem is with ECC. They will not process the order. Money has already been transferred from the new credit card for this purchase. First payment is due in August for a system I still have not received.

Attempted to contact Best Buy again today 07/21/2021. Have been passed around for over 2 hours trying to get to the bottom of this problem. They continue to tell me that the item is again put on hold for the same problem that was cleared up back on the 15th and again on the 17th. False claim of providing merchandise and charging me for a product, but they do not give you the product purchased. Worst experience ever. Do NOT buy anything from Best Buy. They have the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. I would strongly advise going somewhere else if you want anything that has to be ordered.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Salesman Ryan in Garland kept saying, "What price range of TV do you want?" I said I wanted to see the prices of the TVs. He insisted I tell him my price range. I said could I see a TV and show me the price. He seemed aggravated I disturbed him from talking to his friend then had a bad attitude on helping us. Very curt. Smart mouth attitude. I would have left but I wanted the LG TV from this store. So I tolerated him. I’m guessing they don’t work on commission because he didn’t seem to care.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I will never purchase another appliance from Best Buy again! I bought a dishwasher online and scheduled delivery at time of purchase. The delivery day was 2 weeks away. A day before delivery, I received a notification that I had 3 separate deliveries scheduled, w/ the install scheduled before the delivery. I called SEVERAL times to get this corrected. The agents always had limited capabilities but reassured me I would receive delivery the following Thursday. That Wednesday, I received a text for delivery confirmation. Took off work on Thursday for the delivery and received a text at 4pm to reschedule my delivery. WHAT?!

Best Buy, you are UNRELIABLE!!! So I called again and was told the earliest they could deliver was over two weeks from now. UNACCEPTABLE. Then the agent said I would be compensated for all of the hassle AFTER delivery. You must think I'm crazy to schedule ANOTHER delivery and wait to only have it cancelled again. I cancelled the order and will order w/ a diff store.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I was supposed to have a refrigerator delivered on July 7th. It never came and no one from Best Buy even called me to let me know. They think I don't have better things to do besides waiting. I called them and they said they driver was sick. Well, the driver would've had to let someone know this. Why didn't they call the people on his route and let them know. Then they said they'll call the next day to reschedule. They didn't. I called and then they said they'll email me within 48 hours. Again they didn't. Then I called today, the 11th, and once again they said it was in transit, but they never did explain what that meant or why they couldn't reschedule because of that. Such Horrible service. I cancelled my order. Hopefully they didn't lie about that.

Original review: June 29, 2021

You lost my review?? Prior to order had day off on delivery day. Things changed. May you please re-route the shipment back to your warehouse in ALABAMA not told, 2,000 plus miles away. Nope. You deal with (crappy handling) UPS. Can you at least call & get how many hands/trucks en route to my house? And when estimate? Help me help my boss to leave work. Nope. UPS tracking. That's no answer. Orders placed you & them now. I won't be home. Not our problem. THAT'S their attitudes. Not caring. Can't item store pickup but I can bring it back for a full refund.. And no. Can't be shipped to the store, mandatory physical customer delivery address.

Asked. Put it in writing my full refund return.. Nope. Wouldn't do it. So I say where to hide porch put it & it gets stolen? Worst buy. Didn't care, they got the money & let's UPS & worst buy off the liability list.. And now I HAVE to take it back to them to get my money back, in full, so said. Am so stressed & worried. Thanks for it. Worst buy.

Best Buy Company Information