Best Buy

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought wireless headphones in Milton, ON just before Christmas, 2016. Then went to Florida for winter. The headphones stopped working after about two weeks. Went to a Best Buy store in Florida. They rather said they could not help me - they do not carry that product. Upon return to Canada went to the store that I bought the headphones from. The (rather cynically) stated they will not do anything as there is the manufacturer's one-year warranty only.

They lied to me by saying that that was stated on the payment receipt. It was not! I found the manufacturer's (Sennheiser) phone number in Quebec. A message was played, which said that I had to use a courier to send the headphones, at my cost, for possible repairs. I will be without headphones for at least two weeks (the other headphones that I bought in Florida I left there). Conclusion: with all the reviews of Best Buy available on the Internet (that I am aware of only now), only an insane person could ever enter a Best Buy store. This is the worst rated retailer in Canada and the US.

Very dissatisfied with the Best Buy delivery service. I had an 8am-12pm Saturday delivery window for a TV stand. I waited around for the entire four hours and they never showed up. I tried calling customer service and they have no way of contacting the drivers. All they could do was verify that my TV stand was picked up by the drivers and that they were running late. It is now 12:42pm and still no word from the drivers and I have to leave for an appointment. To make matters worse, I cannot reschedule the delivery until the following day after the product is checked back in to the pick up center. Very undependable delivery service. I will think twice before buying something from Best Buy that requires delivery.

COMMUNICATION. I live 3 hours away from the Best Buy Store in Sanford, Florida. While visiting my sister my laptop (Toshiba) was malfunctioning and I took it to the store where I received excellent service from Alexander **. He took the time to explain what went wrong, and the laptop was repaired on time. I took the time to sent a letter to his General Manager, Steven ** commending Alexander on his professionalism and ability to take care of the problem quickly which exceeded my expectation. I also stated in the letter that even though I live 3 hours away from Sanford, I will take my iMac to the Sanford store to be repaired because of the excellent customer service received.

Now, I was communicating with the Geek Squad and because of the complexity of the work to be done on the iMac, it had to be sent to the Apple company for repair to which I agreed. Today, 4-15-17, I received a call from Alexander leaving us both confused. However, I explained as best as I can what transpired with regards to the iMac. I asked Alexander if he received a copy of the letter I send to his boss, Steven ** and he said that he did not receive it. Letters were sent separately. There is breakdown in communication. I was receiving emails from different stores stating my laptop was ready for pickup, etc. I would like Alexander to get his copy of the letter.

I bought a dishwasher and its 2 weeks and no dishwasher installed yet! Horrible and unreliable. Dishwasher was supposed to be installed 4 days ago, but had missing parts and no one showed up. Yesterday I get a call they will show up between 8 am and 12 noon today, to finally install my dishwasher, and I have been waiting in my house, BUT no one showed up! No one called! Nothing! I called Patrick the manager, after 15 minutes finally someone answered the phone, but Patrick is too busy to talk to me. Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE! Jack the appliance manager was useless and helpless, so I asked for the general manager, Patrick who is rude and too busy to help customers. Horrible experience!

I have been a long Best Buy Customer relying on them for my big reliable appliance orders. I recently ordered a TV online. When following-up on the order status, I was being prompted to reschedule an order I made a week ago. Leaving an option for another week of waiting. But I tried contacting customer service and just ended up doing a chat with a representative named Daryll ** promising that the order is on schedule and it was just a glitch in their system (He allegedly filed a Case # ** for me to have).

The day came for me to wait for the order and I got a missed call message. I immediately called the number and that person that I spoke with, who identified himself as a delivery person for Best Buy said that he was not able to pick-up my TV saying that I'd better call Best Buy Capital Blvd (Tel No. 919 874 2039). After so many computerized prompts, I was able to talk with a woman who doesn't answer by identifying herself. I was hanged-up on 3X while I was asking about what happened with my delivery? Their phone line is syphoned over to this woman who doesn't know anything and refuses to identify herself. She even said that I should wait until 4 pm. This was 04/13/17 at around 2 pm onwards. I was livid. I had to drive over to that location to inquire personally. I spoke with the assistant store manager named Heather. The best she could do was reschedule the delivery for the next day.

But wait. Should I have just stopped there? All the level of incompetence. The trouble since this was supposed to be an online order to be delivered at home. Why am I standing in the store? I asked that she identify that person that keeps on hanging-up on me and asked for directions on how to file a complaint. She did not disclose the name. Said that Daryll ** doesn't know what he was talking about promising me that there were no problems with the ordered item. Just gave me a generic number of their Customer Service 1-888-237-8289 and the email of their manager Vinston ** posted obscurely at the store entrance. By the way, try filing a formal complaint on Customer Service 1-888-237-8289, you'll get dropped off too. It seems this is a thing with Best Buy when they hear that you're filing a complaint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

I called customer service to check my contact information was correct. The person updated everything and stated the account was open. I asked what was my credit line. He couldn't see it and transferred me to the credit department. They stated the account was closed due to inactivity. They refused to open it back up. I asked to speak to a supervisor, Cameron, and I stated that I was going through a divorce in California for the last 2-3 years and was getting out of debt. I also wasn't going to add the debt to the divorce as it's community property so we didn't use the card. I've been with them over 12 years and spent thousands of dollars. Cameron stated I would have to reapply. I'm not going to have my credit checked again as it goes down every time there is an inquiry.

They have everything they need and on top of that, I've always been in excellent standings paying on the card. If they can look at my activity, why can't they give a courtesy call as to the account will close and why or inquire as to what's happening. He stated that they close them for security reasons. Bull!!! He would not give me a number to corporate and stated he was the management team. I'm taking this all the way up as well as the news if they can't simply open my 12-year account. It's the principle. Thank You.

It's 12 days before Easter, and my fridge is on its last leg, so I went shopping for a new refrigerator. First stop, Sargent's, a smaller appliance store. They said they had to order the model I wanted, I told them I would be back. Next stop: Best Buy. Ever heard of them? Supposedly the bigger, better deal. They too had to order the item, but I went ahead and ordered it, as I assumed the bigger, better deal would be better, faster, cheaper. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It would take 3 days before they could order and get the fridge to my house. (That's fine. Still a week before Easter and the dinner party. I can continue with my plans.)

I get a call from BEST BUY who has scheduled delivery on 4/7/17 between 8 am and noon, and a separate date has been arranged for hookup on 4/28, 3 weeks later. Is it just me, or is that insane? I spend the next 2-3 hours talking to my BEST BUY salesperson, BEST BUY Corporate, and the BEST BUY installation people trying to arrange the hookup of the refrigerator for the same day it is installed. Mission accomplished, it took a small army, but we have a hookup guy.

The delivery people arrive on Friday. One guy comes in, tries to wiggle the old fridge out and is unsuccessful. He says he's sorry but he can't do it, would I like for him to just leave the new refrigerator in my living room? "Ah, no. Is that my only option? How about you get your buddy who is sitting in the truck and both of you try to move it?" He says, "No." "How about I get a dolly and try to help?" "Nope." I say, "My boyfriend just moved it, let me get the dolly, this is definitely possible." I come back into the room with the dolly in tow and he is gone. Seriously. Gone.

As I watch the truck drive out of the driveway, I call BEST BUY to reschedule. Interesting tidbit, they can't reschedule until the truck comes back to the warehouse at the end of the day with the refrigerator on it. Not happy about this as it is a Friday, so nothing will happen till next week. Dang. Still have 6 days till the party, so I keep going. I am given a case worker because I have requested that the same delivery guy does not show up a second time. I have now spoken to a supervisor at Corporate, my case worker, the delivery guy, and the sales guy. All of them know that a refrigerator has not been delivered except for the guy that was scheduled to hook up the fridge. NO ONE called him to cancel. Ineptness at its finest! I briefly consider calling Sargent's. I could kick myself for not doing so then.

4/10/17 I get a call from BEST BUY confirming a 4/12 delivery with hookup on the same day! Woo hoo! "With new delivery/install guys?" "Yes!" Double woo, double hoo! This is going to be great. I have my boyfriend come on Tuesday eve and pull out the fridge just in case. (It comes out without a dolly and without a problem.)

Wednesday morning as I unload all of the food out of the fridge for a second time, I get a call from BEST BUY. "Sorry, but Transport couldn't locate your refrigerator at the warehouse, so it is not on a truck for delivery and it won't be delivered today. We will have to order a new one." Nice. Tomorrow? Friday? (I have only missed 3 days of work so far, what's another day?) "We anticipate a Tuesday delivery." "That's a week away and after Easter!" "Yes, I'm terribly sorry Ma'am." "But I received a call, everything was scheduled, I don't understand why you can't find my refrigerator - THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR." (Funny they were very prompt and spot-on in making that payment go through. Huh.) "Can I talk to my case worker Gladys?" "I'm sorry, she is not in right now." "How about James in Scheduling?" He was the person I spoke with on Friday, also not in.

"Wondering how you are going to compensate me for all of the angst you have put me through. Might there be a discount provided?" "Oh, I'm sorry Ma'am, we do not have the ability to offer any discounts." "Can I speak with a supervisor?" "I am a supervisor." "Ok, well someone at BEST BUY thinks they have my refrigerator, because I am on the schedule for today, can we find out who that is?" "I will have Gladys call you when she comes in within the next 4 hours." Lovely. My credit card statement arrives with the BEST BUY transaction front and center!

"Hello, Sargent's. I'd like to order a refrigerator, when can I expect it?" "Friday before the Easter weekend." "Do we have to call the installers?" "No, we are all set." "How about hookup guy?" "Nope, he'll be there within the hour." "Do you take Amex?" Awesome! And guess what, the same model and it's $300 cheaper. So there you have it. Best Buy is not the best buy. Sargent's is definitely better, faster and cheaper! (And P.S. I am still waiting for BEST BUY to call me back.)

I bought a TV online from Best Buy on 3/23. I don't remember exactly when I received it, but it was a gift for my daughter's birthday on 4/4. When we finally opened the gift and tried to hook it up, it wasn't as I expected, so I decided to return the TV and look elsewhere. I went to Best Buy on 4/12 to return it and was told it was past their 15 day return policy. 15 days, really??? They told me that they could not tell when it was delivered, but their computer told them it was past the 15 days. A manager was contacted and told me that he would make an exception and give me store credit, but that was the best he could do. No refund. This is the worst policy I have ever experienced. If you buy something in advance and want to give it as a gift a week or so later, I guess you can't purchase it at Best Buy. I never heard of such a ridiculous policy. What am I going to do with $300 credit at Best Buy? I never will shop there again.

I left the store so mad that I was shaking. Why would a store want to operate like this where all you do is upset customers. Whatever happened to good customer service? I have attached the shipping label (which does not state the refund policy) and the refund receipt given to me by Best Buy. I wonder what would have happened if I would have paid the postage to return it by mail. Would they have shipped it back to me or allowed the refund in that case? I chose to return it to the store to save the return shipping costs. I think other customers need to be warned of their policies prior to making a purchase at Best Buy. I am one angry customer right now.

Treating customers like garbage. I went to Best Buy to buy a Nintendo Switch Console with my son. They had none on the shelves so I asked if there were any in the back and if not when they expected new stock to arrive. I was told by a sales associate that they do have Nintendo Switch Consoles in the back but that they are not allowed to sell them. I asked why and they said they can only sell on Sunday's, what they do is tell people to arrive at the store 4 hours prior to them opening and they give them a ticket to buy them, they only have a certain amount (which was apparently a secret because he wouldn't tell me how many he had) and when the tickets are all handed out if you're in line and get no ticket you're out of luck.

I told them I thought it was odd that they have them and won't sell them to customers that come in. No other store does that, deliberately wanting people to stand in the cold outside in line for 4 hours waiting to see if they "might" get a ticket. All other stores I checked said if they had them, they would sell to me right away. Terrible treatment of customers, never shopping there again!

What a complete and utter disappointment after ordering appliances from Best Buy. I chose them over Home Depot, even though HD was willing to go a $100 lower, based on past experiences with Best Buy. We recently purchased a TV as well as a washer/dryer and had no issues with delivery/install. This time was a different story! The refrigerator was delivered on a Friday however they were unable to install due to a water issue, therefore we called a plumber out on a Saturday so we could have the refrigerator installed on Monday, which is when our other appliances were scheduled for install. When the installers arrived for the other appliances they informed us that "they did not touch refrigerators". I had to make 4 calls before we finally were told that they made a mistake and the next available install date was Wednesday. I was told that they would arrive between 8-noon so I took the morning off.

When I did not hear from them by noon I called customer service and was told they were running behind and that they would get there between 2-3! I called into work to take the rest of the day off. They did not arrive until after 3:30. They relocated our old refrigerator into the garage as part of the service call. On Thursday afternoon my husband noticed that they did not plug in the old refrigerator even though they had backed it up against the wall so we had to throw out what was in the freezer! Thank goodness we only had liquids in the refrigerator portion.

Once we plugged it in we realized that the cooling feature was no longer working. I called twice on Friday and left messages for the store manager with no return call. I called again yesterday and was told that they weren't going to do anything about it! I don't understand how a company can justify this lack of competence and accountability. My neighbor asked how our experience was as they were looking to update their appliances and after telling them about our experience they said they would definitely not go to Best Buy. It would be in Best Buy's best interest to remedy the situation and it would not cost them much, but they clearly do NOT CARE about their customers once they get their $. DO NOT BUY from Best Buy which the name is a total joke!

I bought a microwave from Best Buy in order to have the correct dimensions for new cabinets. When rechecking the dimensions online 18 days later I noticed that the unit was $40 off what we paid. Called the store and asked about returning the product for a refund. I still need the other appliances also and the microwave has never been opened. It was a flat no. Not a big deal but be careful about a possible return issue. Most places will give you much more time. In my case I will not consider Best Buy in the future and for sure not for the rest of these kitchen appliances. Very poor business smarts.

I purchased a Samsung 55" SUHD Series 9 Curved TV UN55KS9500F for $1700 from Malik in the Manhattan Lexington Ave store on March 22. On March 24, shippers from Best Buy Warehouse in NJ arrived with 55" SAMSUNG TV. All shipping documents and the shipping labels had model UN55KS9500F so I signed the papers and the workers delivered the SAMSUNG 55" TV. I returned to work that evening to set up my new curved Samsung TV.

I discovered that the Best Buy warehouse put the right shipping label on the wrong TV. It was a very similar 55" Samsung TV but not curved and a class 7 not a class 9. I went immediately back Malik who explained they could not allow me to return the wrong TV to the store since it was delivered by the warehouse. Malik assured me that the BEST BUY warehouse delivery folks would pick up the old TV and issue a refund and suggested I buy a second time, the correct model TV. It has now been almost a week and no one at the Lexington Ave Best Buy store can give me a date for the pick up the wrong TV. These two 55" boxes are sitting in my one bedroom apartment. I am forced to go online with my grievances. This has been the worst consumer buying experience of my life at Best Buy. Do not buy at Best Buy retail stores.

What a waste of time, phone calls and visits to the store dealing with Ghetto-potamus people doing everything they can to screw you out of your rewards points, gift cards and match price guarantee. Made a horrible mistake buying a Sony 75" TV. The television is great but what I had to go through with them... never again!!! Multiple calls to get the reward points, the Citibank issued store credit card know nothing of their business and of course won't honor anything. Finally when I reached the check out the gift card that was included with the purchase was denied... hell!!!

I've been a customer of Amazon and Ebay ever since they were founded and not once I had to spend more than 5 minutes in the rare occasion that something wasn't right. Finally I used my rewards points and bought an iPad which I don't even need so that I don't lose the points and close my account with them. How does this lousy company stay in business? Even companies from the far east, like China, Thailand, Uzbekistan, you name it, are easier to deal with. Is this an American company? Oh, god help us all...

I ordered a dryer from Best Buy from the website because they indicated a delivery date as "early as 3/31". I placed the order with a delivery date of 4/1 AND received an email confirming the 4/1 delivery date. My husband scheduled time off to receive the dryer, only to receive an email the next day that the delivery date needed to be schedule. When checking online, 4/1 was not available. Chat was useless as the agent said that was not within his capabilities. When talking with the "agent" after going through an annoying automated system, I was told sometimes demand is higher than expected and they get more orders than they can keep up with and they have to push out the dates... really? I thought computerized inventory systems worked on real time, which is why they are used.

To me the original date advertised and given before putting in my payment information was a scam... a bait and switch. The company most likely thinks a customer invested the time to go online and buy, they will take whatever date given. Not me, I don't deal with unethical companies/companies that practice false advertising. My order is canceled and I won't order online from Best Buy.

I ordered a one piece washer/dryer unit and paid for it on 3/2/17. The delivery has been rescheduled 6 times! The last two deliveries I've actually waited the 4-hour window only to find out that no one was delivering my product. After waiting five and a half hours today and making two phone calls, the first of which I was told my product would be in an hour after the reported window of time, I was then told that the product isn't even in Cincinnati or the state, it's in Chicago! Now the store manager is supposedly overseeing the shipping of the item from Chicago to Cleveland to Cincinnati by March 30th. This is ridiculous. I will never purchase another product from Best Buy. And if this item doesn't show up on March the 30th, I will be asking for a refund.

I bought Hp from Best Buy new one a month before. But this computer shuts down automatic, slow processing, I think Best Buy sold me refurbished making it a new one. Very bad. I will take it to store but I did not buy to return right away. Bad product and irresponsible people working at Best Buy.

I have always used Best Buy to purchase my electronics and have never had a bad experience. I recently purchased a stove that was a high quality stove at a great price. I scheduled the delivery thinking it would arrive in a timely manner. After having to reschedule the delivery 6 times and close to a month later I still don't have my stove. Then I receive an email stating they have cancelled my order. When I call to find out what happen I am transferred 9 times being put off to someone else. When I finally get in touch with someone who can help me they simply say "Sorry but we can sell you another one." All I was asking for was a comparable one at the same price but they wouldn't agree to it. Horrible customer service. I have cancelled my credit card and they will not get another dime of my money.

I purchased a Shark hand vacuum on 12/16/17 for a Christmas present. I paid $62.05 and plus wasted a gift card of $5.00. I got sick. I could not return it in the 14. When I went to the store, in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They said they couldn't accept it and I would have to call them. Best Buy provided a SKU # 9946722, however when I got home there was not an or a phone number either on the original receipt or the printout the SKU paperwork. I have purchased several items with Best in Fort Wayne, IN and San Diego. A few TVs, etc.

I am handicapped and on disability. I have emphysema, congestive heart failure, Scleroderma and Stage 3 kidney failure. I did look up reviews online and it was rated 4 stars. I think the return policy is terrible because a manufacturing phone was not provided and I did try finding it online but to no avail. Since it doesn't look like I will get my money back, even though I would like to and I have the paperwork still, I would like to stop someone else from being taken advantage of. Sorry I don't know how to upload a receipt. Thank you.

I received a better price for this exact same computer from manufacturer but Best Buy would not price match as they promise because they are saying it was "bundled". I first called the Yorba Linda store and was told by the manager that they don't price match computers with the manufacturers which didn't sound right so I called customer service and was told I'd get an email within 24 hours. Customer Service never bothered to send me an email nor a phone call - I had to call them and wait on hold.

Customer service made no sense at all when they tell me something is bundled which I paid extra for and it would have been the exact price I paid anyway had I not purchased the computer at the same time. I purchased Office 365 separately at an added cost but they tell me they consider that to be "bundled" so they don't have to honor their bogus "price match" policy. They also added Webroot which I did not ask for and charged me for it. I use the free anti-virus AVG. Buyer beware, have them ring up everything separately on a separate sales receipt and remove any wording that says "bundled" or just buy at a better cost from the manufacturer... I will never again buy anything from Best Buy because they are acting deceptive and make it impossible to get an honest price match.

The worst service ever, chatting with a useless agent. Not sure if it is the agent that don't respond or it is the platform. I am trying to return a Fitbit that does not work. Live outside US and it's pain.

When they delivered my new kitchen appliances and damaged the new kitchen floor and do not want to take care of the problem, they would not respond to calls or emails after they received estimate. The fact that they have a delivery company and make a claim they say it is not their problem anymore because they have no control over their claim and delivery company. They're not good on customer service after they've made to sale for the damage of the people they hire do.

Return policy is very bad. Staff is unprofessional and rude. Corporate complaints not answered. Went to return a hard wired doorbell and was told could not return or exchange as had passed the date on the receipt. When asked name of manager said John and asked if needed him to spell his name. Very sarcastic. When said the "return policy sucked" John announced over the intercom system that security was needed to escort us out (we were leaving the store). Very threatening and unprofessional. Wrote to corporation addressing concerns, no response. Based on further review from other customers appears to be a consistent pattern with Best Buy.

I have placed an order online for an Apple Watch after I had been advised by one of Best Buy store salesman that the color I like is only available online. Three days later I picked up a sealed envelope from Canada sent to me by Best buy. When I went home and unsealed the envelope I found the watch box unsealed and the watch was missing. I went to the customer service in one of their stores where they refused to give me a replacement and asked me to wait for 10 business days till they complete their investigation. This watch was supposed to be present to my wife on her birthday, they truly turned a happy family occasion to a sad night as I can't afford to buy another one. I will never, ever place online order with these people again and don't recommend buying online from them such small stuff like watches. The worst experience I ever had for shopping online.

I have been a long time and loyal customer of Best Buy however my experience today with both the local store and Best Buy corporate offices have now changed that. I'm in the process of upgrading numerous things in my house as part of an ongoing transition to a smart home. Today, I was planning on upgrading the lighting in two more rooms to the Phillips Hue system. Because I shop my local Best Buy very frequently, I know their inventory of Hue products varies so before I made a special trip into town to pick up a total of 13 Hue products I wanted to call the local store to ensure that they had this many in stock.

When I called the store, the automated voice exchange system routed me to the product availability section where it asked me for the SKU number. I did not have that as I was on the road driving home after work so eventually I was transferred to a real person. I asked about the items I was looking for and the person I was speaking to was able to find those items. I then asked how many they had in stock and I was promptly told he didn't know. OK, I was expecting him to look at the shelf and count them but apparently he was not so inclined because his response to my question was immediate, there was no pause or delay for him to even make an attempt to check.

I then asked to speak to his supervisor to which he agreed and then he promptly hung up on me. OK, I figured this was just an accidental mis-key of whatever phone system he was using so I called back from my car (yes, I have Best Buy on speed dial, I shop there a lot). I couldn't get through to a real human this time though because I didn't have an extension number to dial and I didn't want to go back through the same steps I had just taken only to take to the same person again.

Finally, after what has now been 20 minutes on the phone and after I have arrived home, I decided to call corporate and complain about how long this was taking to simply tell me if they had enough inventory in stock for me to buy from them or if I would need to order online. When I called corporate, I explained that I had two purposes for my call, first I (still) needed to know if they had these items in stock, and second, I wanted to let them know about my experience thus far. The individual I spoke with at corporate was again able to find the items I was looking for and also to find my local store. I explained to him how many I was needing and he asked to place me on a brief hold to which I agreed. He placed me on hold and then the line disconnected.

That was the final straw for me. By this time I had spent over 30 minutes playing some sort of perverse phone tag and been hung up on twice now and all I wanted to know was if they had the items that I need. Apparently Best Buy is more than happy to take my money (I spend about $1000.00 per month in the local store) but they cannot be bothered to actually check on an items inventory status to see if they have enough for me to purchase from them. OK, I get it. Now that I'm home, I can look online and see what I can find. As a matter of fact, since it is so much trouble for Best Buy to help me, I think I'll just purchase these items from Amazon. As a matter of fact, I think I will change all of my Best Buy purchases in the future over to Amazon or some other online retailer if it is this much of a hassle for Best Buy to simply tell me if they have these items in stock in the quantities I'm looking for.

Just to be clear here, the event today is indicative of a trend I've been seeing with Best Buy. They are becoming less and less customer service oriented. News flash Best Buy: I got your message, you cannot be bothered with such minor details as customer service. In the past I could have been ordering all the things that I purchased from your store online from several different retailers all along and frequently I could get them cheaper online. I chose to shop your stores because online I don't get customer service. Well, now that I'm not getting customer service from Best Buy, I have no more need to shop your stores. I appreciate the relationship that we had in the past, but it is no longer working for me and as such, I will not be bothering you anymore.

On 2/7 I purchased a dishwasher from Best Buy for 831.25, which included the dishwasher, the new hoses required for installation, the installation fee and tax. I also purchased a range for 1518.00, a printer for 224.68 and a hood vent for 563.64, all with the past 60 days. A total of 3137.57, I’d say I’m a loyal customer. At the time I purchased it I was told that there would be a delivery date and an install date. This seems ridiculous in itself, but whatever. I was offered a 4-hour window for both appointments. I chose 12-4 for delivery on 2/24 and 8-12 install on 2/25. I was told at the time that the delivery people would remove the old dishwasher. I chose the early install on 2/25 knowing that we had to take both of our children to different places between the hours of 2 and 4 and no one would be home.

On 2/24 I ran errands in the morning and went home at 11 just in case they called and wanted to come early. They did not, that is fine. At 3 pm I got a phone call from a number I did not recognize and thinking it may be the “call ahead” I picked up the phone and said “hello” to which the person replied, ”Oh, by the sound of your new voice, you’re going to be my new best friend!” Which is a very weird thing to say to someone you are dealing with professionally. He identified himself as the manager for the 3rd party installation company, XPO, that would be arriving at my house the next day between 1 and 5, to which I replied, “No, no, they told me it would be between 8-12.

Then my new best friend said, “Yeah lady, that’s not going to happen.” We went back and forth a bit and he said it would likely be between 4-5. I asked whom I needed to call to discuss this with and he said "Best Buy". So I called the store, they transferred me to a manager, who transferred me to customer service who then explained that both windows of time really should have been all day windows and that they typically call the day before with a 4-hour window. It is now 4:15 and the delivery service has not gotten there yet either. Customer service told me they would call the 3rd party installer and call me back. At 4:30 the phone rang and the delivery guy said he would be there in 30-40 minutes, now 1-1:10 past the delivery window.

Around 5 the customer service called back and explained that there wasn’t anything they could do and were sorry, to which I then asked if they would be so kind as to at least refund the installation fee as a courtesy, so I could then compensate our babysitter to make the afternoon rounds with the kids, so that I could be at home for the installation. They said that request would need to be escalated to corporate customer service and they put me in touch with Candita. Candita said that she would refund the installation fee as soon as the install was complete and the delivery guys came. All seemed well with the world. Except that the delivery guys would not take the dishwasher with them since it wasn’t disconnected. I asked who is supposed to disconnect it and they said the installers. It was time for me to go to bed.

On 2/25 I woke up, made a quick breakfast for the kids, cleaned up the kitchen area so that the new dishwasher could be installed, and ran a few errands. We made sure that someone was home the entire day. My husband stayed home in the morning, I returned home around 11 and waited. At 1:40 the phone rang and it was an automated call from Best Buy saying the installer would be arriving in 19 minutes at 1:59. At 2:25 no one had arrived yet. I called Best Buy to make sure they were not lost or mistaken.

The person I spoke with said that they would contact the 3rd party installer and see what was happening. The phone rang and it was Anthony. Anthony had a lovely slur to his voice, seemed tired and annoyed and said he had another call in Litchfield and would be at my house between 4-5 which is what his manager had told me the previous day. I said fine and proceeded to do some chore around the house. 15 minutes later Anthony called back and said he would be here in 20 minutes. For some reason I asked how come so fast? And he replied, “cause I’m quick.”

20 minutes later a very pungent Anthony arrived, my husband has since left the house, I was alone. The first thing Anthony slurred at me was “why did you buy a Samsung, people return these all the time.” I showed him where it was and there was a lot of muttering about them not opening the box and removing the packaging. I asked if he would need help getting it up the 1 stair into the kitchen and he declined and spent the next 45 minutes muttering, crashing about, banging, swearing and futzing. He asked me to turn off the circuit breaker. I stayed in the living room. My husband arrived home and the first thing he asked me was, “is he drunk.” To which I replied, “I think so.”

This is where is gets good. Anthony seemed as though he was getting to the end. The dishwasher was in place, the packaging and old one removed, he was test running it but something was wrong. Every 2 minutes it would shut off, beep and blink error code 4C. I know this because after 10-12 cycles of this happening, I got up, went into the kitchen and looked at the dishwasher. I went back into the living room and looked it up on my phone. 4C is an error code about the hot water line or the water valve located on the back of the machine. I also cross-referenced this with the installation instructions and troubleshooting portion of the manual that came with the machine. I went back into the kitchen and mentioned this to Anthony who then stated that he would check everything before he left. A few minutes later he said, “ok, all set”, he showed me the buttons and left the house.

I went back in started it and at the two minute mark, it shut off started beeping and blinking 4C again. I ran to the phone called Anthony’s cell and asked him to come back. He came back and I showed him and then he said, “Well it a problem with the machine.” I asked him about the valve and he said it was not located at the back but inside the machine, that it was a faulty machine and I would need to get a new one. I went upstairs to call Candita at Best Buy and got another woman on the phone, Candita was gone for the day. I explained what was happening, that the dishwasher was not working, that I thought he was extremely intoxicated due to his belligerence, slurring and odor and that I was not pleased. They told me to let him leave if I felt unsafe and that they would remedy it from here on out and as I went down to let him know he should leave, I found him slumped down on the kitchen floor.

With the customer service agent on the phone, we got Anthony to leave. She explained that she would get this over to a manager and someone would call me back within the hour. Greg called back about an hour later, I told him the story, he said Candita would have to handle it, but he would relay the story to her and no one was available to talk with on Sunday so I would have to wait till Monday.

On Monday morning, I got my kids off to school and prepared myself for what I knew was about to happen, as with very many customer service departments…lots of waiting and explaining. I got Candita on the phone and explained everything, and at this point, she laughed. Did not say "I am sorry", did not offer any kind of apology or compensation for my troubles, but she laughed. She asked what I wanted done and I said, I wanted a new dishwasher, a new installer and I wanted a free two year Geek Squad warranty in case there really is something wrong with the machines and it breaks in a year. She said there would be a new delivery date, a new install date and could not give me the extended service. I told her very calmly that I would really appreciate it if she could try to make the delivery and install on the same date and she said she would look into it.

In the meantime I took a drive. I was ready to come out of my skin. This was crazy and the fact that no one said they were sorry is beyond me. This was unacceptable. I felt abused. I was terrified to have anyone in my home without someone else there, had spent countless hours on the phone explaining this crazy story to no avail and I had spent two full days already waiting for them. Now I was going to have to spend two more AND find a friend to sit with me or make my husband stay home from work?

I went to our local appliance place and asked what they could do about a dishwasher. They quoted me a better price for a better machine and gave me a scheduled appointment time 2 days from then. I went home, called Candita back and explained that I would just like a complete refund and that they could come and pick up the machine. I was told the refund would be processed after the machine is returned to the warehouse and was given the window of Friday for pick up. Are you serious???

On the following Tuesday I checked my credit card statement. No refund had gone through. I called Candita. She said it takes 7-10 business days and to call her back the following Monday if I did not see it. Why on earth should I have to call her back??? Not once in any of this did anyone say to me, “We value you for being such a loyal customer, we want to get your dishwasher installed and we can make sure that our Geek Squad comes and does on such and such a date and we want to offer you a $200 best buy gift card so that you remain a loyal customer.” To which I would have just replied, “thanks that great!” and gone and bought my kids some video games.

Best Buy took 6 days of my life (because I’m counting the days I spent on the phone and the one day I waited for the local place) from me. Best Buy has terrified me of all delivery people or any service people coming to my house for that matter. Best Buy has yet to refund me for the installation fee OR the stupid hose kit which they insist I buy, even though the one that was removed from the old machine was fine AND the one I got from the local place came with one. Best Buy has made NO to attempt to mend the situation and has lost a customer for life. I have never in all my life experienced something so asinine, so disjointed, so poorly managed as my experience with this company. This has been the Worst Buy ever!!!

Horrible experience with Best Buy & Spirit Delivery. We bought a washing machine from Best Buy, and Best Buy outsourced the delivery to Spirit. The delivery crew installed the hoses on the washing machine backwards, and I washed my first load of laundry, a delicate cold water wash, in piping hot water. $600 of sweaters, wool socks, and other delicates were ruined. Best Buy referred us to Spirit to file a claim for damages, and Spirit has been downright rude in their communication, refusing to take any responsibility and implying that we are trying to cheat them. Best Buy also refuses to take responsibility, claiming that it is the responsibility of the delivery company. I have had good experiences with Best Buy in the past, but will never buy another appliance from them again. Best Buy should stop using Spirit Delivery. This company is horrible.

The customer service is terrible. The general manager ROBERT ** even needs to take some customer service classes. I purchased a TV March 5th but didn't open until the 9th to find out the screen was broken. I take it back to let them know hey I just want another tv. The manager tells me I only had 3 days to return with crack screen. I ask where is that the receipt. The receipt says 15 day. He tells me online. Mind you I purchased in store. No one gave any ** and was very rude. Now I'm out of $500. Thanks a lot Best Buy for the totally poor service and the attitude. I will never come here again or recommend anyone to come here.

In January of 2017 I bought a Sunpak tripod that I use daily in my business. It broke in March of 2017. I tried to call my local store and I listened to all the phone prompts. Not one said anything about reaching a customer service representative. No matter what I tried, I was put on hold. I tried every prompt. If you press "0" it just all starts over again. Not one said, "for help with a defective product," or anything similar to that. I finally hit the prompt for SALES even though I wasn't interested in buying anything. I was put on hold where I had to hear a recording of how great Best Buy was!

After 12 minutes, a young lady came on the phone and told me that I would have to send the product back to Sunpak, but she would be glad to e-mail my receipt. I thanked her but told her I had my receipt. I asked if she would just e-mail me Sunpak's customer service number since I was now driving my daughter to tumbling after the long and arduous process. She said she could e-mail me the receipt but not the phone number. I would need to Google that. Guess how hard that was to find? Best Buy's phone system and customer service is the absolute worst that I have ever dealt with in my life. No wonder Amazon and Wal-Mart.com are kicking their butts! I hated the experience and will never, ever, ever buy anything at Best Buy again.

I purchased from Best Buy a Dell Inspiron 15" 2 in 1 Model 7569 and sold a Geek Squad contract because Best Buy doesn't tell you that they will "Set Up" the computer for Free. I opened the box and no manuals, instructions or anything was included. Decided this wasn't the computer for me and returned it. Best Buy REFUSED to give me my money back because it was 2 days past the 15 day deadline that NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT when I purchased it. I would have returned it sooner but I was quite ill and couldn't even drive.

So the Geek Squad works on the computer and agrees that it is defective and replaces it with a new computer same brand and model. Now this is where the fun comes in. I've had this computer for NINE MONTHS and neither Best Buy nor Dell want to take responsibility for it. IT IS ALSO DEFECTIVE. I have spoken to Best Buy Corporate and they refuse to give my money back. Dell wants to give me a REFURBISHED UNIT of the SAME MAKE & MODEL. I've told Dell's escalation team to give me another one of these computers is insane! I couldn't be so lucky as to open two of the same computer and have them both be DEFECTIVE. These computers are manufactured with an inherent DEFECT and have been for well over 2 years. Just read the Dell Community Board. Defective computer should be RECALLED!

I'm beside myself and don't what else to do except bring a civil suit against Best Buy for my money back. I've never worked with such horrible company management in my life. If I were ever to do to a customer what these two companies are doing to me I would fired on the spot! Dell was once an outstanding computer. Now it's nothing more than run of the mill garbage.

I originally ordered a new gas dryer from Best Buy (over $1,000) in November 2016 to be delivered December 2016. The first order seemed to go smoothly except that when the dryer was installed it was dented (enough to make a horrible scratching noise when turned on). The installation guy told me they would deliver me a replacement the next day, but I had to call Best Buy - the main number, no special customer service number for appliances or this high a cost of purchase price to exchange it. I tried for 7 days, holding an hour a day, at Christmas time, listening to endless songs and pitches for Best Buy Christmas gifts to try to get a new dryer. Finally, I resorted to going to the store (30 minutes away) waiting 30 minutes in line to re-order a replacement - for the dryer they damaged on installation.

That order took two months. The night before it was scheduled for delivery, I got a message from the delivery company saying it was coming. Then, no one came the next day - I waited at home for four hours. Again, I tried to call - hours holding. Listening to the same "we have great service" message 17 times when in fact the service is horrible, gets really old. So I went back to the store. "Oh - sorry, the dryer is going to take longer to deliver as it is at the manufacturer - this is not our fault." "OK, then why did you call to say it was being delivered and then no one showed?" "Oh sorry, that was likely just for the parts required to hook it up." Great. Thanks for keeping me home for four hours waiting with no phone number to call.

We booked another delivery date 2 weeks out. No call, no show. Didn't even try to call this time. Went back to the store (my third visit). They booked another delivery date. This time I got the personal cell of the head of appliance support who called me to say the dryer was in stock and coming. Finally, it was installed early March 2017 - 4 months and probably 25 hours of my time from the original time I ordered it. Please: give a contact that will answer the phone when your order is over $500, call your customer when you deliver damaged goods, don't require they call you, adjust your hold messages so they don't infuriate customers holding for more than 15 minutes, coordinate delivery to give accurate information.

Best Buy Company Profile