1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3815 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

Was going to buy a TV from Best Buy online. Choose the TV. Went to check out. It asked about installation through Geek Squad. Called Geek Squad to see if they would walk mount the TV for the $99 price since I already had a wall mount on the wall. They said they would do it for the $99. Went to pay with card. Card didn’t work online. So went to store to take care of purchase. The guy behind the counter said I couldn't get the $99 price without paying 200 for some membership then he said it would cost $130 after that. Explained I had already talked with Geek Squad. He said that they don't do things that way. So I walked out. Got the same TV and install for less through Walmart. Won't go back to Best Buy.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Purchased Total Protection service last year. Purchased TV and installation w/ appt set for 3/21/19. Appt canceled for no reason. Had to reschedule. Customer service would not escalate even though problem was theirs. Been a week waiting on TV to get mounted on wall. Do not buy from Best Buy. Do not buy their service plans. They do not deliver on what was promised.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 20, 2019

Honestly, I wouldn’t even give them 1 star. I ordered a NordicTrack S22i bike from there on March 5, 2019. I paid over $2200 for the bike and an additional $250 for the delivery/installation. We agreed on the delivery date of March 13th, which I thought was a fast delivery time, even for Best Buy. That’s where the customer service part ended and all went to **. When the delivery came on the 13th, only 1/3 of the bike was delivered. It was missing the monitor, pedals, base, dumbbells, and seat. The delivery guy said that the rest would come with FedEx delivery. I waited a whole week with no notice, phone call, or email. I called Best Buy customer service and was transferred 4 times, with each person not knowing where the rest of the bike was located or what happened. Even spoke to the salesperson named Deron, who has the worst customer service skills on the phone. Even the manager, Ross **, was absolutely clueless as to what was going on.

They told me some ** story how it was a manufacturer defect that parts didn’t come together in the one box it was supposed to be delivered. Then, the salesperson and manager told me it would be another 2 weeks until the bike can be delivered. No discount for delayed service at all, even when asked. I would not purchase anything from this store, especially anything that costs a lot. There are way more stores with a hell of a lot better customer service and business practices than this store. DO NOT BUY HERE. You will regret it or basically not get what you paid for. This is the worst Best Buy, always long lines, nothing in stock, and delayed delivery times. They do not answer their phones in the store and have you waiting for an actual phone pickup.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Went to Best Buy in KCMO. My camera on truck quit working. They wanted me to contact Kenwood for factory warranty. They didn’t want to look at it for a month. They were book. But once again he didn’t even look at appointments. Thanks Best Buy. Never again.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Best Buy contract service delivered kitchen appliance suite in a truck with no lift or ramps. I watched from the second floor as one of the guys slide a new refrigerator to the edge of the truck and then allow it to drop to the ground. Needless to say, I refused to take delivery of that appliance. The truck was unmarked and old looking. This is the second bad experience I have had with Best Buy delivery. Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: March 16, 2019

Salesmen were all standing in one group in there cubby hole for 5 minutes before someone came over to talk to me. I asked her to fit me with the new 4-38 mm Apple Watch. She was nice but told the other employees that she needed to go to lunch but she tried to do as much as she can but unfortunately she made a lot of errors. She put the band wrong and she made me type a code upside down. It was awkward and we lost the code. She then grabbed a 44 mm shield but then realized that it was the wrong size. She didn’t know how to reverse the charges so she asked me to go to return department after we complete the whole process. Then she really had to go so another salesman came to fix her mess.

He was able to get the watch connected and asked me to go. He told me that everything will work while it’s still retrieving information. I got home and the watch just kept going around and around for hours. So I came back in the evening and tried to get a refund but this is a fiasco also. I was not credited for the 44 mm because the 2nd salesman took it away and gave me a 38 mm which I was able to get the money back. I am going to a real APPLE STORE this week. Lost $21 from this bad experience in Best (BAD) Buy.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We recently purchased a washing machine and dryer from Best Buy in Summerville SC. No problem with the appliances, but we got no operation details by the installers and they broke our cold water supply valve. After being assured that BestBuy would fix it, nothing was ever done and then they told us that they put in an insurance claim, but nothing. There also does not seem to be anyone at this insurance company. All we get is a recording and no one ever calls back. BEWARE.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Trying order a TV online to be installed. Had questions. Can't order with a store over the phone. But you can order on the phone with Bestbuy.com. Could not call the store to have someone else pick up order. Way too much bad EXPERIENCE to list it all. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Original review: March 15, 2019

It took over an hour on hold and attempting to resolve a delivery issue. I tried to resolve online only to be put in an endless loop with no answer. When, after an hour of being on hold or going in circles on computer, I finally spoke to an operator, she could not answer a simple question about a scheduled delivery on the day it was due. The phone system at the Niles, Ohio store, #834, puts you into an endless loop. Twice I held for 20 minutes without anybody answering. I have a Best Buy reward membership but that did not help. I WILL NEVER USE BEST BUY, ORDER ONLINE OR ORDER IN STORE AGAIN. This experience was so bad it makes me want to even avoid shopping there in store again!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a cell phone online and they mailed it to me without scanning the barcode, causing a lot of problems including being accused of theft by my phone provider and being unable to use my new phone. I am furious.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We ordered a Premier 6 burner stove. The first delivery date was pushed forward by a week, as the stove was not in the warehouse after it was confirmed it would be delivered the next day. Upon receipt of the stove we realize the top grates were incorrect, and the oven door glass had slipped out of place. After several phone calls, we were advised to return and exchange, but the delivery would be another 4 weeks out. (We are now without a stove for 6 weeks). The day prior to the delivery we were informed that the return & exchange would be delayed yet another 2 weeks. I contacted the stove's manufacturer, who was very accommodating and immediately mailed us out the correct grates and explained how to fix the oven door. (For $2,000 we should not have to fix it ourselves.)

Finally after a month we get the stove hooked up. Upon trying to turn the oven on, the knob disintegrated in my hand. I immediately called Best Buy to cancel the return & exchange, and just return the stove for a refund. No less than 8 phone calls were required to make this happen. It is apparent no one at headquarters communicates with each other, and just tell the customer what they think they want to hear. Finally one man was able to make the whole process happen for us. The stove was picked up by the GREAT delivery guys 2 weeks later. We received our refund and it was $115.78 less than what we paid for the stove to begin with. Still trying to find out what is going on with that. I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a washing machine just after Christmas 2018. We got a 5 year warranty from the store for the machine and was never told anything would exempt me from using the warranty. Best Buy cancelled my order and reordered everything without telling me causing me to get both phone calls and emails from them saying my order was cancelled the day I was expecting delivery and installation. After 2 hours of trying to reach someone, I was told this was on their end and the washer would still be delivered. A month and a half after delivery and installation (I had to purchase hoses new as well through them) my washer has started to leak all over the floor from what looks like the hose or the hose connection on the back of the machine. I called 4 times and was put on hold for over 40 minutes each time and hung up on several times by people while trying to get in touch with Geek Squad for my warranty.

When I finally got someone on the phone, they told me they would send someone however, if the device was defective or beyond repair, I have to call the manufacturer. I have a 5 year warranty with them! They told me it’s a new policy as of 2019 (even though I purchased in 2018). I asked what the purpose of selling me a warranty that I couldn't utilize and she said she had no clue and hung up on me. I'm now stuck with a machine leaking all over my floor and over $1500 in a purchase that was worthless. I called the store I purchased it from and was told management wasn't available and again they hung up on me. I have had a Best Buy card for 20 years and I will be cancelling my card and never purchasing from them again.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I completed an order online for nearly $400 worth of goods from Best Buy and was guaranteed same day delivery for a few bucks more. Lo and behold they use some third party garbage delivery service. No window of delivery given so they showed up while I'm at work. They made one delivery attempt, then drove my items around all day. I call the store and ask if I can just pick up the order and I'm told no, the order must be cancelled and my credit card will be refunded minus the delivery that didn't even occur. Long story short, no items delivered. Now I'm stuck waiting for a refund and all Best Buy can do is say "You'll just have to reorder and pay for the items and delivery again." Nope. Not a chance, never again. I'll pay more for the items from a more reputable service like Amazon.

Original review: March 12, 2019

When I call on the telephone, I can only get recordings - no real people - and they refer you to their website which is not up to date. So I carried my LCD into a store to be recycled and was told NO - they don't do it for free - there is a $25 fee. Guess this is a Best Buy Secret that they don't want to publish on their website. And of course you can't call them on the phone with a question as it is all automated and they just refer you to their out of date website.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Best Buy delivered a defective oven to my home. They use a terrible delivery service who at first refused to test the oven to ensure it works, then left the defective oven at my home rather than returning it. This led to hours on hold and in frustrating conversations with unhelpful and sometimes rude people from both Best Buy and the delivery company trying to arrange for a replacement, and when unsuccessful, ultimately a return. A return pick up was scheduled and the unaccountable delivery company never came, never called.

More hours spent on the phone that didn’t lead to any more help or resolution. Best Buy has lost a customer for life as this has been one of the most negative shopping experiences of my life. My favorite moment was when a phone agent told me I can’t complain about the oven not being picked up on the scheduled day because the fine print says they can’t always guarantee their appointments. In effect he was telling me my low expectations weren’t set low enough.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Purchased a new washer and dryer and was told the delivery people do any installation required... The truth of the matter, is that they will only install if the water and gas fittings will fit the hoses. They will NOT touch or change out fittings for Gas (this likely needs to be done for installation of a dryer). Water connections valves might also need to be changed. Please note if you are installing a washer and dryer in a new house you're will likely be fine, but for a house over 10 years old you should expect to call a plumber as well. The Geek Squad guys we got were nice, but they are not qualified to deal with changing anything connected to the home to do the installation...

Original review: March 5, 2019

I initiated a dishwasher warranty claim on Jan 30, and as of Mar 6 there has still been nobody out to look at it. Calling into the claim center has been especially frustrating, as they a very unhelpful. The repairman is 2 hours away, and won’t come out unless he has enough work. I have now bought another dishwasher and installed it. I would just like them to refund my warranty money. This is unprofessional, and disrespectful to their customers.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I came into Best Buy to fix an issue with my Omen computer. After finding out that the graphics card was trash and a new one would cost me about 650 dollars, I decided to get iBUYPOWER computer. Roman, Brandon, Andrea, and Jess were amazing. They took care of my product, got me a way more powerful computer with only a couple hundred bucks out of pocket. Not only did they transfer, install and update my computer, they did it within a day. IBUYPOWER is hands down one of my favorite computers. We were able to set it up and get out computer running within an hour of getting home. This has been the most pleasant, straightforward process. I am very happy with my product. The service at the Almaden Best Buy in San Jose.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have been using Best Buy for major purchases for a few years now. I have bought everything from televisions to kitchen appliances here. Unfortunately, they just screwed me over. I ordered an oven. Great, I put it right on their credit card! My oven is broken, I need it, and it will match the dishwasher and refrigerator I already bought from them. But then, several days later, I got a text: oven won't arrive for over 7 weeks. So I call, and ask if I'm paying on the credit card now. I mention that Home Depot can bring it this week. I say, “I might need to cancel, is my credit card being charged while I wait???” Well, they looked up if my credit card was being charged right now, before install: it was. Also, they cancelled my order because I mentioned Home Depot could bring it sooner!

I told them I did not want to cancel my order - they said, “Go back and order it again.” I politely said okay so as not to be rude, went back online. HOW CONVENIENT - the price had changed $750 on the same oven. So now, I have a cancelled order and the oven I need is much more expensive. I call to get my old order price matched. They absolutely refuse to do it. I've called 3 times now and escalated it up the management chain. Will they honor the price that I was given? Nope, they won't honor my price, and they won't bring it for at least 8 weeks now. They say, “Too bad, so sad, you shouldn't have inferred that you might want to cancel your order, that gave us enough reason to cancel it.”

Well, now I'm not only cancelling my order, I'm cancelling my credit card there, and not using them to put in the appliances for the new home I'm buying. Why didn't they honor my price? They're getting 5 figures from me in credit card charges! Why did they cancel my order when I said I just wanted to know if they could bring it any sooner? Why is management so rude to me? I'm really displeased with their attitude, I've been nothing but polite. Apparently I was too polite, and should have made a stink the very first phone call, instead of being nice.

On the other things I ordered: of the 4 major items I have ordered in the past 2 years, all appliances have been repeatedly put off for installation, and I kept being told it was the manufacturer, not Best Buy. I'm not believing that load of nonsense anymore, and moving all of my business elsewhere, as a different store said this manufacturer is always on time. Buyer beware. When they schedule you on that great deal, they won't honor the time frame for installation. They also might just cancel your order and then not honor the price of the item at all! Oh, and they scratched up my kitchen floor with one of the installs, also. Just go elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I placed an order for a dishwasher, refrigerator, range, freezer, microwave oven, and television online. I placed the order on February 2, 2019 and everything was supposed to be delivered today on February 28, 2019. I got a call from our local best buy store at 7:30 this morning to tell me they could not deliver appliances because they were not at the store yet and I would have to call the online number to set up a new delivery. Ok, I did that and was very upset to learn that appliances could not be delivered until March 18! I wish I had known yesterday, I would not have taken my old appliances to the recycling center!

Now I am stuck with no appliances and I've even made a substantial payment that I won't be able to get back for 30 days! I tried to call the local store and I can't even talk to anyone there. I had to go through an operator. I asked several times to speak with the manager of the Saratoga, NY store and after explaining my issue to her several times, she asked me what did I want to speak to the manager for??? I think I had just explained that after a 15 minute wait to speak to her! I don't know what happened to good customer service but I do know I will never do business with this company again! Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I called Best Buy on Lancaster to see if they had QuickBooks 2019 Desktop Pro which they had in stock. While I was on hold the phone message stated that they would meet or beat any price. I brought them the website price for Costco at a $149.99 while their price was 300. They insisted that there are 2 versions of QuickBooks Pro Desktop 2019 which I find unlikely and refused to meet the price.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Purchased a remote start and installation with Best Buy in Annapolis, MD. The tech installed the remote start and when I picked my car up, there was a service light on inside my Honda Pilot. I immediately walked back inside to tell the tech what happened and he acknowledged that he saw the light come on while he did the install but he was not sure how to fix it. He attempted to google it, but he said I would need to take it to Honda to figure out what is wrong. Honda told me to take it back to Best Buy but Best Buy repeated to take it to Honda, so I am getting the runaround.

Meanwhile, the remote start stopped working altogether, but then it started without provocation IN MY GARAGE. I have a wife and 2 small children and if that happened in the middle of the night, with the garage door shut, who knows what would have happened. Luckily, I heard something and immediately opened the door to save a potential disaster. It starts on its own frequently now, so we are not even able to drive it without worrying when it will start on its own. I called customer service and after several hours on hold, they got me in touch with the store manager. He did call me and stated that they are not sure that they damaged my vehicle and that it may have just been coincidence that my car went in without issues and it came out with the service light on and my sensors not functioning. This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever experienced with the purchase of any item or service, I would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My wife and I had gone to Best Buy to see what was offered to get a wireless headset to work with my flat screen tv. The salesman showed me a Bluetooth that he said would work with my tv. I explained to him that I wasn't sure that it would work as I had tried a different setup with my RCA output jacks and it didn't work. He told me to give it a try and if it didn't work I could return it with no problem. I couldn't get it to work. When I finally was able to get back to the store to return it, customer service said I only had 15 days to return it by. I explained that I was never told that by the salesman but the manager was happy to inform me that it's in the small print on the receipt.

I now have a hundred dollar paperweight. I'm not a large volume buyer of their store but have bought a few computers, entertainment items, appliances, and various accessories for the different things. I'm pretty sure they have gotten the last dollar I will ever give them. I was even willing to accept in store credit for the Bluetooth transmitter but the manager refused.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I ordered a full 3-piece kitchen appliance set on Black Friday of 2018. Delivery took 3 weeks, and the fridge and range we're both damaged on delivery. After 5-10 phone calls, Best Buy agreed to replace the fridge and pay me $100 in gift cards to keep the range. I agreed to this and it took a month and me chasing them over several phone calls in order to get any action. On delivery of the second fridge, the team damaged the item again. After another month of phone calls I was offered a $150 gift card to keep the damaged fridge. I agreed to this but never received the gift card. Instead, they tried to re-send the $100 for the range.

Just today after several more phone calls and escalations I received a $50 gift card instead of $150. Do NOT purchase appliances from Best Buy. If you have any problem with the order you will have an impossible time trying to get your issue resolved. They do not appear to keep records of un-resolved issues in hopes that you will go away and give up. At the very least, make your order with a credit card that will do a charge-back. DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM BEST BUY ONLINE.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I paid for the five year service plan for my microwave/convection oven. After just one year. The oven stopped working properly. GE device model PVM9179sfss would appear to power on, but the food would not be cooked. Secondly, the fan would turn on all by itself in the middle of the night, and I'd have to disconnect the power to get it to turn off. When I called the Geek Squad, I'd get the total run around. After being on hold for 45 minutes and being transferred three or four times, I'd get disconnected, sometimes it seemed purposefully. I called a total of 16 times and had the same experience.

Eventually, I went into the BEST BUY Store, and sought to resolve the issue their. However, the employees at Best Buy got the same experience: transferred calls and disconnection. We were unable to book an appointment after being on hold for two hours at the store, and the manager of the store got upset and couldn't understand what the problem was with his own Geek Squad.

I tried this a second time at the store, using their phones, and we had the same experience: dropped calls, transferred calls, and no call backs. When I tried to locate a number I could call to make a complaint, there was nobody who could tell me who to call. They just loop you back into the transferred calls. It was so frustrating. Eventually after dozens of similar attempts, I was able to book an appointment, and they came to attempt to fix my device. However, their "fix" lasted a week, and now I'm experiencing the same problems again.

I have gone through the same process for the passed week, and I have been unable to connect with someone who can book me an appointment to fix the device, so I spoke to someone and asked them to just replace the device, but I was told that they have the right to try to fix my device at least three times, before they might even consider replacing it. How ridiculous! I hate this company, and I my next step is to file a consumer complaint. I still have a broken oven, and no way of getting a repair. Best Buy and Geek Squad.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a HP Laptop from Best Buy! The cursor would constantly move on its own. I exchanged the first laptop and the second one had the issue. I spoke with HP, who do not want to take responsibility because they do not manufacture the software. They dialed into the laptop and did a few things and the issue still remained. I returned the second laptop to Best Buy and they refused to give me a credit. They only wanted to sell me a subscription to the Geek Squad. I did not buy a laptop to cause me more headaches or money. I understand that a store can not constantly have people just returning item whenever and however but when I product has a known defect there should be leadway. I am truly disappointed with the product and Best Buy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My son bought a Motorola cell phone from Best Buy for $399 and purchased a 2 year extended warranty for another $124. With tax his total was over $561 for a cell phone. In less than a year the phone started turning off and losing the charge. It would be fully charged and as soon as he would try to use it would go dead and cut off. He went to Walmart and purchased a new phone and I encouraged him to take the faulty phone back to Best Buy and utilize the extended warranty. He was told by the first person that they would either fix the phone or give him store credit and told us to have the Geek Squad do a diagnostic.

We got in a different line and the Geek Squad said they don't do diagnostic after he's had it a year. He said we would have to file a claim and they would mail a "like new" phone after my son paid a deductible. I said, he paid $400 for a phone and $124 for a warranty and he doesn't even get a new phone? Anyway we decided it would be worth it to file the claim and return the Walmart phone so we came home and went to file the claim and realized it would cost $99 for the deductible! He only paid $129 for a new phone from Walmart but he would have almost $700 in a used phone if he filed the claim with Best Buy.

He decided to cut his losses and keep the Walmart phone. I would NOT RECOMMEND buying a phone from Best Buy. They obviously don't stand behind what they sell and their prices are ridiculous. If you have to pay $124 for a warranty and another $99 to use it, that's $223 for them to replace the junk they sold you with the junk someone else returned!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought a Powerbeats from Best Buy, it was in October 2017. I bought two laptops and the beats. When I asked if I should insure the headphones or the laptops the sales guy man told that all Apple products have a two-year warranty, so I figured that would be fine. My Powerbeats haven’t been working for the last 6 months And due to me being abroad I couldn’t return them. Today I took them back to Best Buy in Burnsville Centre and I asked someone from customer service to provide me With advice on what to do. Frankly he was rude and very very unprofessional I have never experienced anything like that in my life. I had always recommended Best Buy to family and friends and the one time I needed them to take some kind of ownership for selling me a bad product them treated me with utter disrespect. Best Buy have lost a loyal customer in me and anyone who Values customer service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I pre-purchased Metro Exodus on Best Buy's website in January. I thought I would get it on or near the release date (February 15th), (or at the very least have the game shipped on the day of), NOPE! They aren't shipping the game until Monday February 25th. That's more than a week later. Stay clear from Best Buy for pre-releases, I should have gone through Amazon. I just wanted to support a company that has physical locations that I could walk into, because that's my preferred method of buying products. For online purchases with Best Buy is usually ok, but not for pre-sales evidently.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The last 3 big purchases I have made from Best Buy have been defective. Customer service and Geek Squad are not any help with these issues and are very rude. The last defective item I bought I end up losing money. I will no longer buy products from Best Buy. You should sell quality merchandise not items that WILL require a warranty.

Best Buy Company Information