2. Shopping

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5
Based on 2,229 ratings submitted in the last year

Best Buy Shop Now

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: July 5, 2020

I recently bought a new computer from the Bestbuy.ca website which was sold by TechReset located in Mississauga. The computer was a great price, through research I found it was at least $100 dollars less than other sites I visited. After it was shipped I received my order the next day as we said when I contacted Techrest via phone. It was a refurbished computer but when I received it it looked like it was new. It works great and is smooth and fast. It came with everything to just plug it in and connect it to a monitor or tv and use it. Windows 10 pro 64 bit came installed with it as well. It came with a corded mouse and corded keyboard. For what I was looking for this was a great unbeatable deal. I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend the Best Buy website for buying a refurbished computer from TechReset.

The person I talked with on the phone from Techreset was friendly, honest and knowledgeable, I asked a few questions about the shipping times and about the prices. He tried to find out the answers for my questions and one of them he said he cannot answer and pointed me in the right direction to the BestBuy website customer service for an answer. He didn't send me in a wild goose chase as some other places have when asking questions that they could not answer. I feel that they are trustworthy and honest from this interaction. In the future if or when I plan to buy another computer this is where I'll be checking first. For what I bought this was a pleasant and easy purchase. I have recommended this site to a few friends that were currently looking to buy a upgraded computer but didn't want to pay a fortune.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Over the years, I have purchased 2 tvs and 4 laptops. I like the fact that you can pick a time to get your laptop looked at and/or serviced. I bought the plan for 2 years. The people are right on the money with their knowledge, helpfulness and ability--and polite. I will always go to them for items. I have purchased a number of smaller items; ink jet cartridges (I bought a printer/fax machine from them and still have it 15 years later and it works), several mouse pads and mice; small audio speakers anything electronic I go there and only there even if the items are small. BTW, I still have the floor model LG TV I bought from them in 2010; it still is working and it was the floor model!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

From the time you walk in the entrance you can expect to be approached multiple times by employee offering to help you in finding or deciding what product you need. When it comes to electronics be it TV's to smartphones there is an expert at every turn. I really like how you mind may be made up on the more expensive device or tv but they will not only steer you to a better option. Most time you save money in doing so. That in my book deserves an excellent customer service rating. The employees may be commission based in pay but that doesn't reflect one bit the quality of options they offer. So in my book Best Buy is the best but when comes to any and all electronics phone, tv, audio car and home, headphones, gaming consoles laptop, computer and appliances etc. Thanks is all can end with.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

It is the offer of a one year tech support of computer, and other electronic devices for $200 that got me into the Best Buy stores. In one trip to the store they upgraded 3 computers, two phones, and one Samsung pad. If I had gone to another place I would have paid much more to have all that done. While I was waiting I saw they had an area for open box appliances. I checked it out because I needed a new refrigerator and washer. The open box prices were so good I bought both appliances. I used the tech support for all my appliances for 2019 and saved hundreds of dollars. It has been so good that I renewed for 2020 and have recommended it to my friends. I have also gotten a new ring camera for outside and a new fitbit tracker. The Geek help is especially good for us seniors who are not as tech savvy. It saves us the embarrassment of having to have to ask our kids.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Best Buy, for the last several years, has been the only true electronics and appliance store that still has a brick and mortar retail presence. It used to be that there were quite a few choices in this area, with Good Guys, Circuit City, etc. Now, there really is only Best Buy if you want to get in the car and walk into a store to shop for your items in person, which I happen to love. If I'm buying a 750 Camera, I want to see it in person, hold it, ask about it. Same with a computer, or dishwasher. The prices at Best Buy are fair and competitive and the sales staff is VERY knowledgeable. And, of course, there is the Geek Squad. They installed my last home theatre system and did a FANTASTIC job. Top level service and support all the way around. So, if you want to deal with an actual person and you want to see and hear the electronics you are buying BEFORE you buy them, then you really do want to give Best Buy a look. I've never been disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I would like to share my ongoing nightmare with Best Buy! I ordered a washer and dryer set back in Nov. And said I wanted it delivered Dec 22. Plenty of time, I thought! I got numerous text messages saying it was going to be delivered on Dec 22. I even got a text the day of delivery saying they were on their way. I sat all day waiting and it never came. So I rescheduled for the next day. It never came. I was getting such a run around from Best Buy, the night of the 23rd I decided to cancel the order.

I was partially refunded for the order, but they said they couldn't cancel the washer because it was in transit. Wait 24 to 48 hours they said. So the next call was Dec 28, same response, Jan 7, same response, Jan 10, same response, Jan 14, same response, Jan 19, same response. So, here I am, still waiting for my refund, contemplating if I should get a lawyer and sue them. I'll never buy another product from Best Buy!! And btw, I'll bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's and had it in 2 days.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Canceling online orders is simply a horrible experience, due to their policies and arrangement with couriers. They could easily allow their agents to call the courier and cancel the order, ask the courier to return it, before delivery, even after it has started, but BestBuy doesn't allow this. I would give a 1 star since I really hated online ordering with BestBuy, but the 3rd agent finally did take care of this, so I'm giving a 2 star.

I ordered a laser printer online through bestbuy.com. Within a couple hours of ordering, we found out laser printer toners have carcinogenic effects, so decided to order an inkjet printer instead. Tried canceling order, but BestBuy has a system and policy where you cannot cancel after 30 minutes of placing order. The site said I could refuse delivery by placing a note for the courier on my door. BestBuy agent said I can receive it then call them for someone to pick it up, but it could be a day or two after I receive it. Due to Covid-19 being really bad now, I didn't want to even touch the package and put it inside our house while waiting for the person to pick it up.

So I refused delivery and FedEx driver took it back and entered that it was refused and order was canceled. But the next day FedEx delivered it again! So I chased after the FedEx truck and asked them to take it back, which they did. Now BestBuy shows the item as delivered! I talked to 3 agents, 1st agent was nice but didn't seem to know what she was doing and she seemed to have accidentally hung up on me. 2nd agent didn't say anything and kept quiet while and after I was venting, other than saying she would give a refund without solving anything (didn't want the package redelivered again!), and then literally just went quiet for minutes. 3rd agent finally talked to FedEx and got it sorted, where FedEx said they would update the status and make sure it would be returned. Hopefully everything will work out now, but it has been a nightmare...

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Purchasing a fridge from Best Buy was a complete and utter joke that I don't even know where to begin. Our initial delivery never came. We had our food out and waiting for six hours, and no one ever showed up. I made several phone calls to different reps to reschedule. After several inconvenient phone calls, I finally gave up and went with whatever schedule they have available.

The day finally came for our second delivery. The delivery guy informed us that the fridge is damaged; therefore, they would have to reschedule (for a THIRD delivery). This whole ordeal has been the most horrific buying experience in my life ever. I would go into detail to show how elementary Best Buy has its scheduling system and interoffice communication, but I want customers to read my review and understand what is ahead of them when purchasing home appliances with Best Buy.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Bought more than one laptop from Best Buy during pandemic having to return each one. Each one touchpad freezes up, and severe screen issues including orange blobs across screen/pixelating. Each laptop over 1k in price. Each one defective right out of the box. Called Best Buy Geek Squad. On hold two hours, for the protection plan, I paid for. No answer.

Went online. Was told it was my fault by the agent, and I should more carefully inspect the computers before buying, including starting them up and making certain they work right. Making certain a 1400$ computer works right? I took screenshots of the agent on Best Buy telling me it was my fault I purchased defective computers. Called main store number on the phone. Set phone off to the side on hold. Over FOUR hours to get a human at the physical store to pick up. Was calm and not combative.

I trust nothing made during the pandemic. As someone who has worked with the FDA and on NDAs, I can tell you FDA has more drug and food recalls than ever seen before. Dentists are being sent caseloads, CASELOADS of defective burrs. Do not get me started on surgical centers. I am typing on a desktop right now, but HAVE to have a laptop in two weeks no matter what. Apparently, I will just take my phone, as there are no working computers right now in the US? How many more am I going to buy and return? This is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I purchased a dryer + delivery and installation services from Best Buy online. From the moment that delivery/installation techs arrived at my door, they were belligerent. They were using a very aggressive and loud tone with me about having to carry the dryer downstairs and about being asked to wipe their boots on the mat before they walked through the house. One of the gentleman was not wearing a mask and when he did, it didn't cover his nose and only partially covered his mouth. I did not comment on this. I showed him the closet in the basement where the dryer was to be installed, his immediate response was that the duct wasn't installed properly and he needed to break down the wall to install it. He was adamant that he could not install the dryer.

When I tried to understand this better and asked some questions - I even requested he just drop it off and I would take care of the installation - he started yelling at me very very loudly to the point I got scared and I ran up from my basement to get my phone. He stomped out of my place and instructed his co-driver to put the dryer back in the truck.

I ending up calling Best Buy and asked them to cancel my purchase and refund my money. Though BBY Customer Service offered to have the dryer delivered to my basement and indicated they would refund the installation charges, by this point I was quite disappointed with the harrowing experience it had been thus far, and was worried that these delivery/installation folks would damage my walls or stairs when carrying it down. What I thought would be a simple and straightforward delivery and installation, turned into such a time consuming and difficult experience with unwarranted rudeness - all because I did not want him breaking down my closet wall. I would strongly recommend against purchasing installation services from Best Buy.

Best Buy Company Information