Best Buy

• 1%
  • 1%
  • 91%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
    Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Service at Best Buy store #608 on Feb 21/24. We signed up for Geek Squad in 2017. Best decision ever! I have never had an unhelpful experience, either at the store in Waterloo or during service calls to Geek Squad - at any time, on any day of the week- and on ANY device I own. On this occasion, I took in half a dozen memory sticks of various types where I had saved pictures since 2017 from various devices. Asked if Geek Squad could somehow load them all onto my IPad PRO. 3 technicians were on duty. Each one friendly, helpful, immediately available. They all worked together to consider how to do it. Left the IPad at the store and had it back in one day - all pictures loaded, everything works. Love the Geek Squad! Best service!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

I had already ordered a radio and speakers for my 06 Tundra. A few days later Chris ** calls me about the installation date and time etc. and Thankfully he asked me what I would like from the system. I said I would like to have more bass, Bluetooth, basically update the truck. So he recommended a different system entirely around the same price range. He then returned my previous order (refund) and reordered what I needed!! WOW!!!! What a relief to me. I know nothing about tech these days. So I show up on the install day, Chris goes over what's going to happen during the day. He also recommended a backup camera and the sound suppression inside all 4 doors. I now have a new truck in my eyes at a fraction of the money. SOOO I would really recommend Chris **

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

I got this gaming desktop a month or two months ago and so far it has been doing very well for me. The price was in the better side for being pre-built. It allows me to actually run the games, even the newer games that are being release this year. It is also a nice design for what it is, and have good specs with it.

Profile pic of the author.
      Staff

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

Russ was my first time but had a very nice experience. There were always helpful when I needed any assistance with anything. I would go back to Best Buy when I need anything else in the future that I need to finance without failure.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 15, 2023

I am a Long time Best Buy customer for many years. New to this state. Called Best Buy and a Very Knowledgeable young man gave me excellent information and was so very helpful that I went online and placed my order. Order came so quick I was surprised. I will be going to the store in person with more questions. Excellent Delivery, prices and Customer service.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 20, 2024

My wife went online to purchase a special connecting cord for a computer. Our local Best Buy did not have it but one that was slightly more than 40 miles away did. So she ordered it for pickup and I drove there yesterday (within minutes of order confirmation). I get to the store and they said it would take 30 minutes to retrieve the item. The store had no other customers in it at the time and 3 or 4 staff working. I offered to go to the appropriate shelf and pick it up and bring it back to the register. I was told I could not do that as it would "screw up their inventory system." 15 minutes later the clerk comes up to me and tells me that the part is not in the store. I show him the verification sent to my wife online - he says that there must have been a mistake made.

My wife had paid for the piece of equipment and received verification that it was in stock or I wouldn't have driven more than 45 minutes in 95-degree heat. I asked for the order to be cancelled and was told that it couldn't be cancelled since it was ordered online. We called the credit card company and they took care of the refund. Two hours later I get a text from Best Buy saying the order had been cancelled because I failed to pick up the item. I called customer service last night and that was a useless experience. Even after carefully explaining (in writing) the situation, they thought I was calling for a refund.

Wasted another 40 minutes going back and forth with them trying to explain the situation. It is little wonder that their ranking is below 2 stars. Apparently customer service is not a high priority to them. I would suggest that they look at the market for stores similar to them (Service Merchandise for example) who are no longer around - not because of pricing but because of a total absence of regard for their customers.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed June 11, 2024

After conducting a month-long research on the best-rated laptops, I decided on a Lenovo Ideapad from Best Buy. However, after less than four months, the screen has failed to function. I do not abuse or use my laptop anywhere but my office. Yet, the geek I spoke with at Best Buy said it was damaged and so, the warranty does not apply. If I had purchased an additional warranty for $150., the repair would have been covered.

I'm writing this review to serve as a warning to prospective Best Buy customers. If you think you're getting a deal because of Best Buy's low prices, think again. To have a warranty that they will honor, you will need to spend additional money for that warranty. Otherwise, it will cost you for the part, the labor, and the shipping. The unwritten word is "damage is not covered, and by the way, IT'S ALWAYS DAMAGED". Save yourself money and aggravation and do business with a company that has a more honest approach.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed May 27, 2024

I haven’t shopped at Best Buy in years because, long ago, I formed the opinion that it was more expensive than alternatives. Also shopping in the store was never a great experience. It was like going to a Staples or Pet Smart: hard to find info or knowledgeable help, long waits to check out. However, someone gave me a $500 gift card and I finally redeemed it. There wasn’t much I wanted, but I picked some items: among them, two of the following products for baby gifts: VTech - Wyatt the Whale Storytelling Soother - Blue/White. Model: BC8312. SKU: 6305582. Here’s what I have experienced.

1. The first delivery was missing one of the two VTech items that I ordered and paid for. 2. I spent a half hour getting through to someone and explaining the issue. They said they would rush out the missing item under a new order number: Order #**. 3. After some time, the second VTech item arrived. But instead of it being packaged in a box like the first one, it was packed in a flimsy envelope, and the box arrived damaged/destroyed. This was unsuitable for a baby gift. 4. I spent a half hour getting through to someone on Best Buy chat again and explaining the issue. The representative had difficulty understanding. After a lot of time back and forth and time waiting, the representative told me my only option was for Best Buy to email me a label and return the item for a refund. I wasn’t happy because I now would have to shop for another baby gift, and no apologies or anything were even offered, but since that was my only choice, I agreed.

5. I waited several days and Best Buy never emailed the label. 6. I spent a half hour getting through to someone on chat again and explaining the issue. This representative told me she would have the label emailed to me. 7. This time, I received the label-- with no instructions other than to take it to a UPS store. 8. I brought the item to a UPS store, which wasn’t convenient. I waited in line. They scanned the bar code and told me they weren’t allowed to take the item because I was required to have the box wrapped or packaged. Those instructions were not included with the Best Buy email label or mentioned on the chat. So this trip to UPS was yet another unnecessary waste of gas, time, and effort. 9. The UPS store said they would package the item for me for $4.00 but suggested I call Best Buy and tell them to send a bar code that doesn’t require packaging.

10. I found a phone number for Best Buy and called. After some time waiting, listening to irrelevant recordings and prompts, I got a representative explained the issue. She told me they would not provide any other label options, that I would have to package the product for return at my own expense even though these problems were not of my doing and I had already been greatly inconvenienced. No apologies were offered. 11. I packaged, at my own expense, the item and returned it. 12. Days later I received a return confirmation from Best Buy that said my refund had been processed for ZERO dollars. 13. I got on chat and explained the whole thing and asked for my refund. After much back and forth and waiting, the agent said I would have to call on the phone.

14. I called Best Buy and over the course of about 40 minutes an agent worked to handle this. When it was over, he said I might be issued a credit on my credit card or it might be a gift card, but he couldn’t tell me which, and if it was a gift card, I would have to call back and get information on how to get it. He told me I would just call back in 7-10 days to find out. I told him this is ridiculous. I’ve spent hours and way more money in terms of time trying to get a refund for $50 — and it’s STILL not over.

I wrote HQ three times but apparently nobody cares. Due to problems on Best Buy’s end, this simple attempt to buy a baby gift has proven ridiculously disastrous. I have wasted several hours of valuable time, and still have no baby gift and no refund.

Staff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

My hubby and I went in to purchase a new laptop. I was extremely disappointed in the salespersons. The first guy came and asked what we were looking for. We told him. He admitted that he knew a little bit. He hands us over to another guy. This guy kept looking back at the couple at the sales counter as he answered a couple of our questions. Then he said he would be back and went to the sales counter where a cashier and couple were at. I was extremely disappointed as this was unacceptable professional behavior. We waited a few minutes then left because of the horrible service. I will NEVER attempt to do business with Best Buy or recommend Best Buy. I received excellent service from COSTCO!!

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Purchased 2 tvs from this store with 2 hdmi cables online and realized I did not need the cables when I got home. Return policy was not given online. Today 2 weeks and 2 days past the return policy I tried to return those items for my money back unopened. They would only allow a store credit. Even corporate could not override. Although website says it’s at their discretion. I have purchased laptops computers tvs from Best Buy but I will never spend another cent in this store or any other Best Buy as long as I live. It is apparent why retail is losing out to Amazon. You don’t deserve to be in business.

Best Buy Company Information