Jitterbug Flip

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vision has gotten so poor that I couldn’t see my other phones. Jitterbug phone was advertised to have larger print. So far, I’m happy with Jitterbug and they’ve been very good to me. This phone is better for my eyes. Sound quality seems better too as I can hear on this much better. Their reps have been very nice, friendly, professional and treated me very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have whatever I want out of Jitterbug and it is half the cost of my previous cell phone provider. I feel more confident using it because they provide 5-star service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Jitterbug for several months and it's been working fine. They had an introductory plan for a number of minutes per month. I'm getting old and the numbers on the phone are nice and big so it's easily recognized. It doesn't do computations or calculations, the distance between here and the moon but in case I need it, I have it.

My wife had to show me how to put in names and numbers in my little log but it's good. It's working because I keep it to a minimum. I don't chitchat on it that much. I call long distance and it has good reception. I got a daughter up in New York State, one is up in Illinois, and I have a couple of brothers in California. So for when I need to message, I just get the message across, and also have messages returned to me. The other company my wife has, they buy the instrument and they do so much, but then it gets a little too much. So I keep Jitterbug for basic communication and from that point, I like it. It delivers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug in an advertisement in Canada just before we left to come down for six months in the winter. When I got here, I called the company and made reservations to get it. I used a different provider before and I wasn't too happy with it. I'm a senior citizen and I found the numbers and letters were too small. A couple of times, I've dialed the wrong number. I couldn’t see them very well.

I wasn't too fussy with the program itself, but it wasn't a flip phone and I was looking for one. I had one two years ago and I was told by this other company that the flip phone was going out of production. So, I bought this other one and I wasn't happy with it. When it's in my pocket, all of a sudden, somebody comes on the line and asked what I did when I didn't do anything. Maybe I put my hand in my pocket or touch my pant leg and all of the sudden, the thing comes on. That's why I like the flip phone because I can just flip it down and there are no buttons there to activate it unless I push the button myself with my hand once I open the flip part of it. So when I saw this Jitterbug flip phone, I took advantage of it and I really like it. The numbers and letters with it are very good. It's a good little phone and it's very convenient. I only use it for making and receiving phone calls, that's all I wanted it for.

However, I have a problem with it. I usually charge the battery at night. I just close the flip phone itself and put it through the battery charger. When I take it off in the morning, I usually select the on/off button and then leave it on for a few seconds until it actually comes on the screen. There's a little blip that goes across and I seem to have a little problem trying to get it to stay on for me. I have to hold it down for a few seconds for it to come online.

When I wanna phone somebody and I flip it up, I also go through that process because it doesn't come on when I just open the flip part of it. Then I seem to have a little problem trying to get a number because there's a little icon that goes across the screen back and forth. I'll fool around with it and then all of a sudden, it'll be okay. I don't know what I have to do there to stop that so I can make a regular phone call. And it's happened to me two or three times. But once it's on, it seems to be okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Jitterbug. It isn't complicated and when I get old, it's something that I could use without having to read a book. It has big numbers and it's loud. I can also put it in my pocket and it's very handy. Also, I can set up the little fan that comes with it to recharge the battery. I feel secure when I travel in my car because I know I can pick the phone up and I can call and get through. I'd recommend it to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 67 years old and I don't see nor hear that well and so I decided to contact Jitterbug. Prior to using Jitterbug, I was using a track phone. Using my Jitterbug makes a lot of difference and I like it a lot better. I feel more confident with it and with the big numbers, it is a lot easier to use. One time, my daughter called Jitterbug because I touched something that killed my service. Their representatives helped me right back up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had misplaced my phone one time and I needed a second phone for emergency. So when I saw Jitterbug on AARP, I decided to go with them. I've had calls in it four or five times since I've had it but I haven’t really been using it yet because it takes too long to put the names in it. I have over 300 names that I have to put one at a time and my friends don't even have the number and I don't remember it. Also, whether I use it or not, the battery still goes down so, I have to remember to charge it all the time. But I've still told people about it and where I got it from.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody told me about Jitterbug. However, I'm not too satisfied with it because it's always dead and I can't hear it well. I'm older and I wish I can hear it and use it better. I can't pick it up and answer. People hang up on me if it takes me so long to answer it. Also, I only know how to call back one number. I don't know how to get ahold of the other numbers that called. I used a different cell phone before I got my Jitterbug but I still like it better because my other phone was expensive to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person that I take care of was looking for a cell phone that wasn't too expensive and got Jitterbug. It's easier for him. However, he has a hearing problem and even when it rings, he has trouble. He doesn't use it very much but it just gives him the confidence when he's out of the apartment that he has something on him. He feels secure and confident.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug when I was at the store and decided to get one so that if my other phone goes out, I have a backup for emergencies. I have it on my nightstand. I also can take it outside now with me and that's a good feature. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had somebody who’s supposed to call us to set up an appointment for insurance and we had no way of doing it unless we had a phone, which is why we got Jitterbug. We’ve only used it for the purpose that we bought it for, and I've never made a call with it other than that. But, I like the phone, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm legally blind so the VA gave me a Jitterbug phone. It's convenient, easy to see, and I like the big numbers. It's good that when I got the phone, I can walk around, call anybody, and get their numbers in my phone. I called when something was wrong with the phone and the reps told me how to get it back on. The whole experience was all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband's the type who doesn’t text and use the phone too much. He just wants the communication, and the basic convenience use of a phone. He used to have a Verizon cellphone but didn’t like it. In contrast, he likes the thought that the numbers of the Jitterbug be larger and that it would be simple to use. On the whole, we have a good relationship with Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my Jitterbug Flip for emergency purposes. I make very few phone calls with it but I take it with me when I go somewhere in case I need to call AAA. I liked that there's no contract and it's reasonably priced. The Jitterbug phone is also much easier to use compared to my old phone from Consumer Cellular which was very hard to open. Every time my old phone would ring, I wouldn't get the call because I couldn't open it in time. So I've had no problems with Jitterbug. I can hear good on it and I like having it for emergencies. I've had a very good experience using it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Jitterbug Flip because of the price and it seemed to suit my needs. I used a different provider before, where my phone was already nine years old. I like that Jitterbug has more options, larger figures, and when I open it, it’s very easy to read. Several people in a retirement community where I live have it and they’re always happy with it. I take the phone with me whenever I go out and it gives me some peace of mind because if I have an emergency, I can at least call someone. The rep I talked to was very helpful. She explained everything and made me feel comfortable with the phone before I even got it. But, the phone takes longer to warm up and come on because everything it reads is instant. Other than that, I'd recommend Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a different cell phone provider, but my wife decided to contact Jitterbug and try it out. It's been good so far. In fact, I've found it easier to use and it was right for me. Moreover, in case of emergency, I can call the rescue squad.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for something better than TracFone. I didn't mind the TracFone at all once I got used to it and it took forever to get used to. When it was no longer viable, TracFone sent me a new phone. I could have thrown it in the wastebasket several times trying to figure out how to use it. It had way too many features on it that I didn't even use. I also couldn't see and it was not user-friendly. I'm not a computer whiz. I do have a computer but I use it mostly for word processing. I also do not go online and do not do text messaging. So, I wanted something simple and easy to use and that's the Jitterbug. The simpler, the better. I read about Jitterbug in the AARP Magazine and it looked like something that would work for me.

I was getting calls from all over the country and I was concerned that my number had been given out because I don't give it out. And so Jitterbug gave me the number in New York State to call to have them block any nuisance calls. I call long distance because it's much more convenient and easier to use. I live alone so I carry it with me in the car in case I need to call AAA or get in touch with somebody if something should happen. I don't carry the phone around with me but it's an advantage to have it. I don't use Jitterbug that much but I'm enjoying it. I am glad I made the switch and so far, I haven't had any problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Jitterbug for its price and I like its emergency dial. I got it in case of emergency. When I go off I am able to pick up the dial tone to call out like when I call for emergencies but I haven't had to use it that much. When I've had to call, the wait is long to talk to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son was diagnosed as being insulin-required diabetic in September and I got the Jitterbug phone in October so that he would have the GreatCall. In that way, he’d be more comfortable and feel as though he could go out on his own. He takes it with him. He has yet to use it but we just want to make sure that it’s still operational. When it wasn’t working one time, we contacted them and we were immediately attended to so we’re perfectly happy. When I talked to one of their reps, he was a super guy. He was great and able to answer every question. I’m not computer literate at all so it was difficult but that young man I talked to was an absolute doll. The phone really makes a difference. If people never had a Jitterbug cell phone, it would really be a new experience for them. When they are somewhere and they got a problem, they can call. It’s a great company and everything is fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a new phone and wanted something simple so I decided to try Jitterbug Flip and I like it. I'm older and I like the yes/no type stuff. It makes life easier and it's a good system. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am handicapped so if I rode down the road, I had to have something that I can get a hold of a mechanic and a wrecker and get to where it was safe. And so I got a Jitterbug cell phone. It could pick up off of any tower, even though sometimes it might be a bit weak. But I programmed every doctor's number, of all my kids, and people who are important to me in the Jitterbug so I don't have to carry a phone book anymore. I just press a button. Also, the pictures when I used the camera are good. And whenever necessary, their reps give me a call and let me know if there are updates. I've had excellent service and it is above what I actually expected out of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had car problems twice and I didn't have a phone with me. So I decided I needed a phone so that in case I had problems I could call home and I would get some help. Otherwise, I'd have to get somebody to take it to some garage and then I'd probably be standing around for an hour. I called Greatcall and asked them about the Jitterbug Flip and it sounded interesting so I decided to order it. I took the 200 minutes a month plan because that's all the smaller I could get the service. Then I thought about it for a while. There's no way I'll be using 200 minutes a month, so I was tempted to send it back, but then I thought, "We live out in the country and we're both seniors, and we need the phone," so I decided to keep it.

We've got a landline and I will not give up my landline. So, it's just a phone for travelling with. I've used it about 3 or 4 times for short conversations from the time I first had it and I haven't sat down to really study it. If I ever really get the knack of how to use it, I'll probably be a lot happier than I am right now about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went for a Jitterbug because of the price. I used a different phone before while I was driving a truck for long hours and size-wise, it was about two inches longer and I didn't like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom referred Jitterbug to my grandmother and it has been better for her as she can hear better and see the numbers better. Previously, she had a difficult time answering the phone and this has been much easier 'cause she can see it. She's happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

That little phone from Comcast that I used before had a lot of features. Jitterbug Flip, in the other hand, wasn't nearly as nice. It cost me $0.99 and when I put new numbers in, it doesn't do it alphabetically. I also don't know how you would reset it. It's been terrible. The girl that I spoke to at customer service thought I got a bad phone because I only had it a couple of weeks and it wouldn't work. I called and she said to take the back off and rub the battery. It worked for a while and now it stopped again. So, she's sending me a new phone supposedly and she says that there's a way that the phone itself will put names in alphabetical order. I had a very good interaction with her though.

One of the reasons I got it is that I drive a 2002 Jaguar and it was advertised that they got the "Star 5" but it doesn't have where you can call in and get directions if you're lost. Also, lot of times the volume doesn't seem high enough but it may be because of the way I grab the phone. Sometimes I'll hit the side of it and then it'll say volume high or volume low. It's a phone I keep in case of emergencies but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anybody yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I tried Consumer Cellular and that didn’t work very well. So I threw it in the trash and went to Jitterbug. I am a very basic user. I don’t use all the features. I just use it for a phone and I wouldn't want any extra features. I'm fine with what it is. I called the Jitterbug team because I had trouble charging and this young lady helped me. She was very good. She helped me take the phone apart, take the battery out and put it back in and it started working. She was really efficient. I appreciate her help.

My 65-year-old brother is technologically unsophisticated. He was able to use the old Jitterbug until the battery wore out. He was unable to use the new Jitterbug flip, and also kept setting the medical alert device off. After about two or three months, I had to cancel the phone. I chose to go to another company that makes a simpler phone, and is almost 1/3 the cost. I feel that GreatCall's advertising is misleading. The phones are unusable by many technically unsophisticated and elderly people. What a disappointment!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was using the New York AT&T phone service before but my son-in-law thought it was worthwhile to contact Jitterbug, and I agreed with him. I like the phone for convenience. It fits in a certain area that I wanted this phone to work, more primarily to dial out if I will not receive calls. It makes it a little easier in how well I can make a phone call out. With this phone, I get to call my children and next door neighbors, and I use it primarily as an outgoing phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far, our experience with Jitterbug has been great. When we first joined, I talked to somebody and they were very helpful and friendly. Compared to our previous provider, the Jitterbug has a more user-friendly phone. We're also able to have a really limited plan on it. My mother doesn't use the phone very much but it's worth for once she needed it to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband's previous cell phone provider went out of business. He needed a phone and we thought that Jitterbug was a good deal. My daughter went with him to get the phone. They take payments from our credit card. Jitterbug is great because I can get a hold of my husband. He has a habit of going out of the house to do one thing and then do 10 other things. I'm the one who worries about that. I have a hard time getting a hold of him because he forgets to turn it on.

Jitterbug Flip Company Profile