4.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 248 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Jitterbug Flip is new and improved with a dedicated 5Star urgent response button. Jitterbug Flip is an easy-to-use cell phone that truly enables you to be connected, protected and in control of your life.

Easy-to-Use

The Jitterbug Flip has new features like a bigger screen, larger buttons, a backlit keypad for easier typing, and a thoughtful design making it a cell phone that's actually enjoyable to use.

Easy to Enjoy

With a powerful speaker, conversations are heard loud and clear, and simple YES and NO buttons make navigating the menu effortless. You can also enable the built-in flashlight with a magnifier to help you see in dimly lit areas. Plus, the Jitterbug Flip comes with a built-in camera with flash, that allows you to capture and share every special moment.

Easy to be Prepared

You can turn the Jitterbug Flip into a personal safety device, making it more than just a cell phone - with our Health and Safety packages. In any uncertain or unsafe situation, just push the 5Star button and you’ll speak immediately with an IAED Certified 5Star Agent who can get you the help you need in any emergency, big or small.

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help. Just dial “0” and an Operator can help you connect a call or add a contact to your Phone Book.

Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall Video
Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

972 Jitterbug Flip Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I'm satisfied with Jitterbug, and I'd recommend ordering this phone.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The 5Star app in our Jitterbug was a big thing for me. It brings us emergency help. That’s why we wanted it because, in one button, it’s just like having a separate unit for calling for help. We did not have a cell phone for quite a while before Jitterbug. We could hardly get anything through here. We had a very bad phone but the Jitterbug comes in pretty good. Then we had an experience where our landline was out for almost two days. About a month before that, my husband had fallen and we had to get the paramedics to help him up. I had to go out and get my nearest neighbors. I said, “If anything happens again, I’ve got to have a means.” I bought my phone mainly for that and therefore I wanted the Jitterbug because of its simplicity.

I take my Jitterbug with me every time we leave the home. I like that it's convenient getting to what I wanted. Just open it up and it’s got arrows. It’s got up and down, it’s got yes or no and I’ve got a choice for a 24/7 operator. I’m using it primarily as an emergency phone. When I’m away from the house, the Jitterbug is very good if I needed it. There are also some other things that come up, like driving to the restaurant and you want to call ahead. With the Jitterbug, I know that I have a means of calling if I got stuck or lost.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I'm 95 and I want the big numbers, and Jitterbug had them. However, I'm not working it very well. I was going to go take a trip to Arizona but I can't use Uber. I called Jitterbug and they said if I press operator and then yes, I could get the same service as Uber. They'd better be right because I don't want to get there and not have it working.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

My mother-in-law needed to replace her phone. She simply needed a basic phone and something that was easier to handle at her age. We got Jitterbug and setting it up was easy. She still gets confused sometimes about when to hit the 'yes' and 'no' button. Other than that, the service gives her a sense of security.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I wanted a flip top but I don't want one of the expensive fancy smartphones. Also, I had trouble with my landline company. They said that they were going to reduce my bill but it went up instead and I wrote them off. So, I remembered the Jitterbug ad in the Christian Science Monitor that I’m subscribed to. Jitterbug has been reliable than my phone company. It’s also more convenient than having a landline phone. I would enthusiastically recommend Jitterbug to somebody who is in the market for a flip top phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The Jitterbug Flip fits in good and the letters are bigger, so I'm not pushing other numbers and I can dial it a lot better. Sometimes I need to put in some numbers, but I have a hard time trying doing so. I read that I needed to make contact with them or use the computer to put the numbers in. I called them and they put the numbers in. Most of the people that see my Jitterbug Flip likes it. Especially because it's big and red, plus, based on experience, if they put it down they could see it right away. With the other little phones that I used to have, when I try to push one number I always hit another one and get a different person since my fingers are too big. I'm a retired disabled veteran and both of my knees have been replaced. I got pretty bad operations and I fall a lot. If I fall and they're not here, the 5 number is very helpful and I can call for help. I've recommended it to friends.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have my Jitterbug sitting in its cradle and plugged into the wall. My grandson told me that I should keep it sitting on this cradle and plugged into the wall all the time so the little white light is on. I had him put five different numbers in my Jitterbug for me, but it’s hard for me to understand how to work it. Sometimes I press the different buttons and I get who I want to talk to. I put the number of my church in there in case I feel like I'm going to drop dead, the priest could come. The instructions were a little confusing to me. What I need is something that'll just say, "Number 1: Press this to open. Number 2: Press this to get to the person that you want to talk to. And press this to hang up." I have a hard time following instructions now so they have to be very simple.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

With Jitterbug, I don't have to worry so much about the minutes as I did. I had a little TracFone and I was constantly running low on minutes. I was paying out a little less than half of what I'm paying for GreatCall, and I was only getting 100 minutes a month instead of 600. Jitterbug has wonderful features. I like the big screen and the big keypad. I like the flip part of the phone, it's much easier not to accidentally touch it. I love the 5Star, too. That is really tremendous to me. When I got the charger, the base wasn't working. So, I called them and they sent me another one without any problem. They were very pleasant and were right on the ball because I got it within just a few days.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Jitterbug is easy to use. I liked that they set up the whole thing for me with all my girls’ phone number. So if I do need them or if I'm in town, it would be available. I can also get help if I have car trouble and I’m out of the area. However, my biggest complaint is that Verizon doesn’t pick up too good because I am in a low area and Verizon is the only one for our area.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My mother was aging at that time and I wanted her to get a cellphone. The Jitterbug Flip’s ease of use and the dial tone made me select it. She's enjoying her Jitterbug and she's able to talk to people. The Jitterbug team is always very receptive to change the plan or do whatever I need. Our experience with them has been great and I'm very happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My daughter bought a Jitterbug Flip for me as a birthday present. I’m 86 years old and when I’m home alone, I just keep it around. My bill is a lot cheaper now than with AT&T, which used to be my cellphone provider.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We're old and we don't know how to do the regular phones which made us contact Jitterbug. We've used the phone and we're happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My Jitterbug is an emergency phone for me. I've seen Jitterbug advertised in magazines and catalogs and I read about it several times and I thought it is something that an old lady could use without too much trouble. I like my Jitterbug because it’s red, and its size is perfect. I’m happy with it, and I love the way I get to different things on it with the big prints and the big buttons. It’s so much simpler and easy to use, and even getting my names on my call list has been so much easier. Their customer service team has been good. I called them on something I didn’t understand and they helped me out right away.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The Jitterbug is easier for me to use, but not for the person who actually uses it. It's not what she's used to, like a flip phone, and I don't think she could use that at this point either. It's really not the phone, it's just her. Overall I'd recommend Jitterbug.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I'm getting gray-headed, I have arthritis, and I didn’t like the little bitty buttons on my phone. I got interested in Jitterbug because it has big numbers. It works for me and I like it. My wife is also considering getting one of their smaller phones.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We previously had a phone service where we always bought a year's card for it. We had it for years. However, they said that they weren't going to be able to go in this area with our phone so they'd sent us a new phone. We didn't like the new phone and we never could get on with it. We got Jitterbug and it was easy signing up over the phone with them. We have the payment taken out of our checking account. We like the Jitterbug and we get along well with it. We chose it for when we go out because we are both older and we just take it with us. I have it sitting right here on the stand and it's so nice to have that little stand to put it in. I'm just wondering if we should we keep it plugged in all the time and open? It said in the book that we should.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My daughter’s eyesight is not good so I got the Jitterbug Flip for her. It has the emergency setting on it and the numbers are bigger. Sometimes I leave her by herself and I tell her not to answer the door. She also falls a pretty good bit and I told her that if that happens, she needs to just press the red button and they'll send her help.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I've been really happy with Jitterbug. They already had it set up when I ordered it and there's nothing wrong but I'm too old fashioned to learn how to use it. Still, I use it if I'm going to town and in case of emergency. I can also call somebody if I get stranded on the road. I've been thinking about getting the one that's a little bigger and has a screen on like the one my wife has. It's the next step up which is $17 a month. All in all, I'm well pleased with what I paid for.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I'm 66 and I used to have SafeLink. A year or so ago SafeLink updated their equipment and sent me another phone that I couldn't work because too many apps confuse me. I just wanted something basic where I could push the power button and get a dial tone. The Jitterbug reps understood exactly why I was switching and they explained everything to me. I'm very happy with my Jitterbug phone and it was a big help during the storms. I didn't activate the 5Star services, but as I get older, I can do that if I need it and that's one of the good features I like about it. I've recommended Jitterbug to some friends of mine who have similar problems because it is so simple and it's just what I need.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I like Jitterbug's button that I can call anytime for help, which also has GPS to let the people know where you're at.. We're older and we need that when we're out on the road. I used TracFone most of the time which gives the same service as Jitterbug except for the GPS. The only thing that bothers me is I got it and I'm paying $32 a month and I see it advertised for $17 a month. I don't know why they would've done that.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was watching the TV one night and saw Jitterbug. I wrote down the number on the screen and called them the next day. I thought the phone would be good, but my problem with the phone is that it doesn't ring most of the time. I have the ringer volume on maximum and the speakers are on. I keep shutting the phone off and turning it back on and then the next time somebody calls, it will ring for probably two different phone calls and then it won't ring again. It just lights up. This isn't getting banged around because it is just sitting right on the table in front of me. And if I'm not sitting here watching, I don't know if somebody is on the phone.

I have a handicapped son who lives in a rest home. He goes to a workshop and he calls me every night when he comes home and tells me what he did. That's why I wanted a cell phone because no matter where I'm at, if I remember to take it, then he could call me. But I can't afford two phones. I'm retired and on social security. I also got stuff on this phone that I don't use like texting and the game thing on it. Just the calling feature on an inexpensive plan is alright, but for the time being, I'll keep this phone although I may go back to my landline sooner or later. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Jitterbug until I find out why it doesn't ring. Also, the price is high and I'm going to see if they wouldn't lower that.

Jitterbug Flip response

Leonard, we appreciate your feedback. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. Our award-winning U.S.-based customer service team stands ready to assist you. From technical support professionals to customer service representatives, we are ready to assist any subscriber that encounters an issue and encourages them to contact us immediately for assistance. The volume control on the Jitterbug Flip, like most phones, is on the right-hand side, with your phone open and when not engaged in a call, please press the top side of the volume button until you see Ring Volume Max. If your phone is already set on the Max volume, and if you have not done so already, please call Customer Service, 1800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday-Saturday, from another phone, so we can ensure your phone is working properly.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had been thinking about getting a cellphone but only for use in emergencies. I looked at the Jitterbug Flip and they had the big numbers. I’m hard of hearing and they also said that I could hear on it. I’ve never had cellphones but because I go places by myself, it might not be bad to have the Jitterbug. Now, it works out well. It is everything that they said it would be. I can text on it which is nice and it takes pictures too which is interesting. If my car breaks down, at least I can call somebody. It’s easy to use and it's really good for the price and the amount I pay a month. I also set up the automatic payment which was nice. I got it eight months ago and I really enjoy having it. I’d recommend it to others.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

When I contacted Jitterbug, I was using a Nokia but I'm not right up on technology. I'm 72 years old and now have the old style flip phone from Jitterbug and eventually, I want to get the smartphone. Jitterbug has everything I need. I can call people and receive calls with it. When I’m on the road and trying to find something, I call the Jitterbug team for information and they’re very good. They always find the phone number that I'm looking for and put it in my phonebook if I want them to. I enjoy my wellness calls with my doctor every Friday as well. Usually, I'm on my way home when he calls so I can listen to him. I had and would recommend Jitterbug to others.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I’m happy with Jitterbug because if I have an emergency I always have it in my purse. It works out good. I had a TracFone but I can hear better on this one. I leave it on all the time, but I charge it every day. But when I go to put it on, sometimes it doesn’t actually go on. I have to wait for a while and that’s the only problem I have with it. Other than that, it's fine.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I’m not computer savvy on electronic stuff and I just use my cellphone for long distance calls and calls here around town, and I like Jitterbug for that. Also, I get nuisance calls on the landline and I’ve been thinking about giving it up because I really don’t talk on the phone that much. But one thing I like about my Jitterbug, if it’s not a local number, I usually don’t answer it. I've had it for several months now and I’m just satisfied with what’s going on with it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had smart phones but I couldn’t use them so I went with the Jitterbug plain and I'll stay with it. It's a lot easier to use and out here, I'm supposed to be in the dead zone but I could take out my phone and push a call. I have the 5Star button on it, too, though I don't know if I activated it or if I now have to activate it by pushing the red button. Then once in a while, the Jitterbug totally goes off that I have to sometimes take the battery out to regenerate. After closing it, I tried to get it back up but it didn't come back up automatically. I kept pushing the button and it still took time to come back up. Also, people keep calling me on it for advertisements and false information.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My husband and I have been GreatCall customers for many years and have been very satisfied with the products and prices - until recently. We ordered two new Jitterbug Flip phones to replace our older model phones. There were many issues with the new phones - no rings for incoming calls (just goes to voicemail) or only two or three rings for incoming calls, voicemail message notices but no new voicemails, very long waits for the phones to actually come on after opening, buttons that stick when pressed causing a long tone and delay before you can press the next number, pressing numbers and having intermittent tones from some numbers, screen locking up when scrolling through the menus, complaints from those I've called that they can't hear me (never had that problem with the older flip phone), problem with voicemail being delivered in a timely manner (they are supposedly working on this), and more.

Whoever decided to buy the new flip phones as the next generation replacement model should be fired. These phones were probably very cheap. They are NOT working properly out of the box. How many customers have had problems after switching to the new "better" phones? I'm guessing quite a few. We are looking for another provider.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My other phone service changed and I couldn't stay with them. I figured to try GreatCall so I got a Jitterbug phone and it's fine. The only complaint I have is that the phonebook won't go alphabetical unless I go and put it alphabetical. It kept changing. You add somebody on and it's at the end of the list.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I had been a customer for many years. In the past this was an excellent company. I had asked a couple times what it would cost to get a smartphone instead of a flip phone. I had been told a price and a high price for the plan. There was nothing better they could do. There were no reasonable plans. Because of the information I was given, I got another carrier's phone instead.

When I called up to cancel Great Call, I was informed that I could have gotten a free smartphone by paying the replacement fee and have reasonable rate for a plan. At this point, I had already gone with the other carrier. The girl continued to try to win me back. I should have hung up because she had me so upset, but it is so hard to get through to them that I stayed on the phone.

In fact I had tried many times recently to get through to them. (They hang up during their recording if you try to get a person.) They used to be such a nice company - not that talking to their reps was ever pleasant but they used to answer their phones and give directions and other things. No more!!! HELP! I would have stayed with them if they had let me, but at this point get me away from them!

Jitterbug Flip response

Diane, we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available and will always take the time to understand each individual subscriber’s needs and usage requirements before we recommend a service plan or product. GreatCall offers a discount to our existing Customers who wish to upgrade their devices and our 100% US based Customer Service is always happy to assist.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have a flip phone but I’m not really crazy about it and I wanted to get a flat one. Somebody bought a Jitterbug for me and I like it. The other one only cost me $40 a month, and my Jitterbug costs more. They should not charge that much for a flat phone.

Jitterbug Flip Company Information