toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vision has gotten so poor that I couldn’t see my other phones. Jitterbug phone was advertised to have larger print. So far, I’m happy with Jitterbug and they’ve been very good to me. This phone is better for my eyes. Sound quality seems better too as I can hear on this much better. Their reps have been very nice, friendly, professional and treated me very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have whatever I want out of Jitterbug and it is half the cost of my previous cell phone provider. I feel more confident using it because they provide 5-star service.

I've known about Jitterbug from a long time ago but I thought you had to be in a hardship type life in order to get it. I thought I wasn’t eligible for it to a certain point. It wasn’t until after my daughter did the research on it that she said that was not true. , “No mother. That is not true.” The mother of my daughter's friend who is a little bit older than I am, has Jitterbug and she uses it all the time. My daughter ordered one for me and she said that it makes her feel secure that I have it. It’s for an emergency if need be.

I have this pendant that you wear in case you fall down the stairs or something happens at home. I felt secure with it because it was with me all the time. I have it with me always for an emergency but I also have a land phone and I like that at home. I told my daughter I could give up the pendant but she wanted me to have them both. I’m very pleased to have the Jitterbug and a person that I know has it too.

We read about Jitterbug in a magazine and since my wife has problems hearing, it’s a good way to go because they advertised that it was hearing aid compatible. We tried it and it works well for us. We’ve got a contract on a cell phone right now that we need to run out and when it does, we may buy another Jitterbug for me. She was on a cell phone with Verizon but she couldn’t operate it. It didn’t work with her ears so, she let her daughter take that one. The Jitterbug works better and has a simpler operation. Now that she has the Jitterbug, she can answer the phone when it rings. She kinda complained at home because she has cancer, she can’t walk, she’s on oxygen and she’s got diabetes and all kinds of things. And she really enjoys being able to talk to people. With her Jitterbug, she can. So, we’re all excited for her.

Jitterbug Flip was the first mobile phone that I've used. I needed to carry one with me when I’m out. So far, the phone is charging. I haven't run into any issues and it's working fine. It is also easy to carry it around when I don't forget to take it with me.

Jitterbug Flip

Wilhelmina, we are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate your feedback. We do show that we were able to connect with you and resolve your issue. Please contact our Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I recently got the Jitterbug Flip after having the older model. I changed to the flip phone about three months ago. I have called the customer service three times with no real satisfaction. The problems: It can takes several minutes to light and get a menu. I lose calls as the phone does not ring but messages are sent. The strength goes from fair to good in the same room after just a few minutes. The phone rings when I have turned off jingle and put the volume on vibrator. I have received information on how to work with these issues, but it changes nothing. Just tonight, I was told that NYC has tall buildings, and the phone calls may be lost. Ridiculous answer as the old phone worked perfectly. I requested a new phone, but I was told that I could not get one and I was not able to speak with customer service. Tonight the service worker was very snippy. This is my first time with such type of service. I have been a customer since 2011.

I fell and broke my back about two years ago and I didn’t have a resource to call in about it so I wanted Jitterbug for the fall and can’t get up button. I’m in between two towers in one of those spaces that the cyberspace don’t work as well. It's hard to find service but it doesn't bother me that much. I can move and choose a better spot or get on the other phone. Also my friend across the street has the same problem and I’ve had three phones since I’ve been here and all of them did the same so it’s the spot. Jitterbug is great and I have already recommended it a couple of times to friends my age or in the 70s.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall?

Jitterbug Flip

Phyllis, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Flip phone and we appreciate your feedback. If you have not already done so, please call Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday, from another phone for trouble shooting.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My daughter and son-in-law sent me a Jitterbug Flip as a gift for Christmas but I’m having trouble with it. It doesn’t want to light up. Even if I keep it on the charger and take it off, it won’t light half of the time. I used a different cell phone provider before and it went on all the time and I never had any trouble with it. I’m very unhappy and disappointed with Jitterbug.

We heard about Patriot but they not in this area and couldn't handle my father. Then they recommended Jitterbug. We're very satisfied with the phone and the service that my father receives. It does what we want it to do. The phone is only an emergency phone for him if I'm not around. But he hardly uses it and doesn't make calls on it. He gets a lot of calls but they don't get answered because there are only four people on his call list and they're all on his speed dial. But my father likes his phone and I have no problems with recommending it to someone.

I was needing a new phone. The one that I had was very old. I've had it for many years and it was working all right, but the company changed the way they did business. And so, I dropped it. I liked the pricing on the Jitterbug Flip, but I don’t use the phone. I’m going to be 91 in a couple of months, and I’m housebound because I have no car and I have to depend on others to drive me. I'm getting displeased with the price of the Jitterbug Flip because I find that it's costing me a bit for about three times a month to use it. I keep it for the emergency button, but it costs me so much for just that one. At my age and for my usage, I was hoping that they would have a selection one could choose about how much they're going to use it.

I needed some kind of a phone to keep with me when I'm out so I got a Jitterbug Flip. It started out great but the phone hasn't been working at all lately and I don't know if the 5Star button is on or not. I had the phone on full charge yesterday and I took it off. I went to the store then I went out in the parking lot and tried to call my son but he couldn't understand a word I was saying. I only carry the phone around with me for comfort and I can't make phone calls all of the time now. I want to make sure I have that 5Star and I want to talk to them about fixing my phone or getting that other phone as maybe it will work better. But their reps were great with me when I talked to them.

My husband and I are elderly and we decided it was time to get a cell phone just to use for an emergency. So, when we go out for a walk or a ride, if anything happens, we can contact someone. We got the Jitterbug and I gave my kids the telephone number but they don't call me. I gave the number to them for an emergency at the hospital and nursing home. Right now, my husband is in a nursing home and our Jitterbug had a small amount of use the last couple of weeks, but just a few minutes each.

The only thing I had a problem with is the black screen syndrome. It's when nothing happens and it won't do anything. And when I called about it, they said to take the battery out and then put it back in and it should work. They also said they're working on trying to find the cause of it. But so far, they haven't. It has happened twice and I've had to take the battery out and put it back because it wouldn't charge and it wouldn't do anything when I opened it up. The Jitterbug is easy to use. The couple of times I've used it, it's been fine.

I like the Jitterbug. I have it with me but I only use it for an emergency. The Jitterbug was the best value for what we needed. We needed a simple phone where we could either receive a call or make a call home. I was at a stop downtown the other day and my car just died on me at the traffic light. There was traffic behind me and if I couldn't get the car going, I knew that somebody would help me push it over to the curb and then I would call home. It was nice to call instead of borrowing a cell phone. If there was somebody in the same situation and just needed an emergency-only phone, the Jitterbug is a great deal.

I'm pleased with Jitterbug and I like it better than my previous phone. I have the call button on in case something happens and I can get emergency care. Everybody I spoke to was great. Thank God I didn't have to use it yet, but I'm getting older and I'm scared of falling.

One of the things I found is I have a problem with electronics. But Jitterbug is easier although I don't do very much with it. I make a call but I can't take a call. It does a little more than that but I don't know where my manual has gone. Also, I'm having a little problem right now. I don't know whether it's going to quit on me or not but it doesn't go on right away in some case. But, it's a neat little thing and the thing I like about it is it got the button on there in the event of you going down. It helps me. It's a good little unit and I'm satisfied.

I have been thinking about getting the Jitterbug and my children knew that, so they gave it to me as a Mother's Day gift. My daughter-in-law did all of the contacting and setting it up, and their team has been very helpful. With the Jitterbug, I like the ease with which I can pick what I want like the phonebook and the camera. I also like the emergency button and I carry this phone with me constantly in case of an emergency. All in all, it's been great. I've recommended it to several different people and some of them have gotten it.

I liked the Jitterbug advertisement that I saw on the newspaper and what they got for the money. Everything went fine when we purchased it and we're pleased with it.

I went over to the mall and Jitterbug had Sears as a rep then. But Sears gave them up at the kiosk and the kiosk didn’t have the style or color I wanted. So I went online and got the Jitterbug Flip phone from the place itself. It's a nice phone for a senior citizen like me. It use it pretty much daily and before I didn't call as much. It's a lot easier to call my son through the cell phone because we're all programmed in their phone. Jitterbug is a handy phone and doesn’t allow the GPS one but that’s okay because I know my way around at this age. It's easy to use and carry and doesn't add to my confusion with 600 apps. It's overall a good phone for the price. Also, their team was very good at resolving any questions I had and helping me out with the problems I created for myself or deleting and putting new names in.

Jitterbug Flip

Donna, we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the GreatCall service you purchased for your friend and we appreciate your feedback. For privacy and security, when an account is set up with only one person as the primary account holder and primary billing contact, only that person can make changes to the account. However, if a person that is not on the account has Power of Attorney, that person, can be added to the account for access, with the proper documentation. Please contact GreatCall Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday for details.

Original review: July 18, 2017

When I purchased this phone for a dear friend who has Alzheimer's, the person who took the order promised good customer service and ability to work with me so that the billing and the phone would be administered accurately. I live a good distance so required that the billing be sent to me and the phone be sent to her, the billing be in her name but I manage the account. Total chaos and after 3 months I am sending the phone back.

She currently has a Verizon EV3 and that will just have to continue with that one. It is easier for her. Jitterbug cannot handle complex issues involving seniors with Alzheimer's and the support system that is required to assist the billing. GreatCall, if you are honest and let me make a decision based on how you are able to facilitate this account, I could have moved on faster, but instead here we are. After 60+ days I have to send the phone back. I have just tried to contact Jitterbug GreatCall to let them know and after 20 minutes explaining the simple issue, I am sending the phone back. Avoid if you can.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the way the Jitterbug was set up, it was easy to read and dial but I don’t like that the names don’t sort out alphabetically unlike the Samsung that I had before. We bought the Jitterbug at Best Buy and they set it up for us. I like that if you drop it, it won’t fall apart or break like other cell phones nowadays. We don’t use it for communicating very much but more for an emergency. Or when we’re traveling in the car, that’s when we like it. Otherwise, we use our home phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband needed a phone that had larger digital numbers for him to see. He had a regular cellphone but now prefers the Jitterbug because of the larger numbers. However, it doesn't ring loud enough and he's hard of hearing. Whenever his hearing aid isn't working, he can't hear the phone and nobody can get a hold of him. Other than that, it's a great phone especially for the elderly. Our experience with Jitterbug has been great and their team has been friendly and very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug phone is nice and convenient for my mother to talk to any members of the family that she wants to. She can just dial it herself and she can hear very good with it. But we’re having a bit of a problem with the Jitterbug lady coming through and suddenly starts talking while my mother and I are conversing. And, when I tried to delete some voicemails, it keeps telling me that I still have voice mails and I go back and try to delete them again but there’s nothing on there. Nonetheless, their reps have been very friendly. Jitterbug is a nice phone with a bit of quirk that comes on there once in a while. Other than that, my mom and I like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with AT&T and the cellphone I had was very difficult for me to use. On the other hand, Jitterbug seems really simple to use. I've had mine for more than two years already, and I really like it. However, my phone battery hardly keeps the charge anymore. Also, at first, I could get a hold of them on their customer service line, but the last three times I tried, I couldn't get through to them and that really frustrated me. I also wish I could put my photos on Facebook, too. But other than these, I just love it. I'm not one who wants a fancy phone where you have all the apps and stuff. I just want a phone to make calls on and send messages through, and that's what my Jitterbug does.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter asked me if I wanted a Jitterbug since her mother in law has one. She said that the printing is bigger so that’s why I have one. I take pictures with it and it's handy, not too big nor small. I got the lanyard so I can put it around my neck. I use it when I'm out somewhere and if I were to fall or if I had a flat tire. I'm 87 and I have to be careful. I use it sometimes at the house but otherwise, I use my regular phone.

The only thing I have to watch is that when you’re taking a picture, the button is right below that other red tag. One time, I hit the wrong button and the emergency team came on asking if I was okay. I told them that I hit the wrong button which is right above where I hit "Yes" to take a picture. It’s very bad since your real intention is to watch the picture and you turn it sideways to get a different angle. It’s bad planning where they have it right there. I have to be really sure to look first before I push the "Yes" button when I’m taking a picture. Other than that, I love it and I'm very satisfied. I’ve told a couple of people about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug in a magazine and I liked it. I needed a phone that’s easy to use and with big numbers, just like it. So, that filled the bills. I was using Verizon before and it was hard to understand and use. Jitterbug is better. I feel more relaxed when I go out with it because I know how to use it. They have good customer service too. Their team is nice and helpful. I’m pretty satisfied with Jitterbug, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used a different phone and then, I had a fire here and it got destroyed. So, I didn't have one for a while. My daughter decided that Jitterbug was what I needed. We got one and it was much easier to read and I could use it with confidence which I couldn't do on the other one. I don't use it a lot though but it's come in handy for me. So far, it's been a very good experience. I'm happy with what is going on now and I would recommend it, especially to older people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've seen the Jitterbug ads in the paper and magazines and I knew somebody who had one and was satisfied with it. And I got the Flip for making calls on trips but I haven't had to use it. I couldn't recharge the battery at one point and so I called their customer service team. They were very good in telling me how to easily get it back in order. I would recommend it. Other people in East Aurora also have the Jitterbug flip phone. And in fact, a friend of mine set it up and programmed it for me when I wanted to put in the phone numbers.

Jitterbug Flip

Cheryl, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Jitterbug Flip phone, and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall’s 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, is available Monday – Saturday between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time. Hold times will vary, we answer calls in the order they are received and if you can stay on the line, we will assist you. You can also receive assistance by emailing us at customerservice@greatcall.com, but please keep in mind, there is a 2-business day turnaround time for email correspondence.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I've had nothing but trouble since I purchased this phone less than a year ago. Your customer service takes forever assuming one can ever get a hold of someone. I've waited as long as 30 minutes and finally hung up. You should be ashamed of yourself! Obviously you need more help. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. This afternoon I'm going to AT&T and purchased an iPhone. Needless to say, I'm getting rid of your lousy phone once and for all. Do not bother to call me!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug had a good deal, and I was in the market for a cell phone so I gave it a try. So far, any contact I’ve ever had with their reps has been good. The phone is great to use. I just dial it. I am a GreatCall fan and I had a great experience overall so I would recommend it to everybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug in a magazine and mentioned it to my children. They were alarmed that I was not using anything so they got me to get it and I did. I forget it a lot though and I had not been able to work my Jitterbug as well as I thought I would be able to. It's because of the turning it on and off, but it’s all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 83 years old and a veteran of the United States Army Security Agency. I was experiencing a temporary systematic sinus bradycardia, slowing down of my heart at the time I got the Jitterbug. But my condition got corrected so I’m not in jeopardy as much as I was before. My experience with Jitterbug has been frustrating. The number I have used to be someone else's number so I keep getting calls for that person. So, I have to discontinue using it. I have thought of changing my number but the need for the phone no longer exist at the same level that it did when I subscribed to it. It’s got big numbers and it's nice to have one when I leave the house but I'm better off without the Jitterbug.

Up until this point, anytime I needed to talk to someone with Jitterbug, I have not been able to reach anybody. I’ve had about half a dozen incidents where I needed to talk to someone. One time I picked up my phone and it was black and did nothing so I put it on the charger and it still did nothing. Then the little signal light didn’t even come on as it has the other times. So I got my granddaughter to come out. She pressed some buttons on the side, not on the front, and some combination. She didn’t even know what she was doing but she coincidentally reset it and it started working on the charger. These incidents were frustrating. I’m not very happy with it.

Jitterbug Flip

Susan, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your dad’s Jitterbug Flip phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest quality service available, we understand that each individual will have different needs and usage requirements and as such, we offer a variety of products and rate plans. GreatCall does not have contracts. The lowest available plan is $14.99 for 200 minutes and because some people don’t want voicemail, GreatCall offers voicemail a la carte for only $3.00, (voice mail is free with any Health & Safety plan). The outside screen of the phone will show “Missed Call” when a call is missed and the dial tone, like on a landline, lets the user know that the phone is ready to use and to power the phone off, you need to hold down the on/off button. If someone is receiving unwanted calls, do to a previous owner of the phone number, a new number can be assigned and should be registered with the National Do Not Call registry. For further assistance or if you have any questions, GreatCall’s award winning U.S. based support is available Monday – Saturday, 6am to 7pm, by calling 1 800-733-6632.

Original review: July 1, 2017

My dad spent $108.24 cash at Best Buy on a Jitterbug flip phone on 4/14/2017. The box says, "$14.99/month NO CONTRACTS." Be sure to ask questions about what the $14.99/month covers because it does not cover voicemail messages. The problems my senior father has had with this phone: 1. Cost. 2. When the phone opens, the dial tone automatically sounds (not good for seniors that may just want to check the phone for missed calls). This feature is annoying. 3. Because of the on/off button, it is easy to shut the phone off inadvertently. 4. Phone cannot be set to vibrate and ring at the same time. 5. Previous owner of the newly assigned number had collection issues and calls came from various number every day from collection agency type companies.

6. Many, many times the voicemail did not work. I called support on 5/28/17 and they credit $21 because of the issue. I called again on 6/22/17 because the voicemail was still not working and the customer service agent said, "You already called about that and we credited you." So 2 months of inconsistent voicemail availability where I cannot leave a message for my 81-year-old father - unacceptable! I switch my day to a new phone service today. The phone is not even 3 months old and I cannot return it. What a huge waste of money and time!! Buyer beware for senior parents.

Jitterbug Flip Company Profile