Jitterbug Flip

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vision has gotten so poor that I couldn’t see my other phones. Jitterbug phone was advertised to have larger print. So far, I’m happy with Jitterbug and they’ve been very good to me. This phone is better for my eyes. Sound quality seems better too as I can hear on this much better. Their reps have been very nice, friendly, professional and treated me very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have whatever I want out of Jitterbug and it is half the cost of my previous cell phone provider. I feel more confident using it because they provide 5-star service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved a couple of times and had to change phones. I'm 79 so I wanted a phone where I didn't need to have to put on my glasses to see the numbers. Also, I don't text and get involved in social media and when I want to talk to people, I prefer a one-on-one thing, even with email. If my kids want to talk to me, they can call me up and talk to me. I wanted a very simple phone which is why I bought a Jitterbug. It's simple and simple in this complicated world is an achievement upon itself. So I appreciate that and that's what I'm down to. I love my Jitterbug. Some friends of mine were using Jitterbug and they loved it too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug phone is simple to figure out, it has big letters and numbers, and all I want to do is call people. I get so many minutes and I don't use them up so I chose what's more than fair for myself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought the Jitterbug as my spare phone. I wanted to have another means of communication in case my other cellphone that I use all the time goes out, which happened before. I use it once in a while just to keep it active, but it does what I need it for. I have no phone on me all the time and if I fall off my tractor, all I want to do is press one button and talk to a person, not a machine. I don’t need it right now because I can communicate, walk around and do what I’m supposed to do. But I’m happy with it and I know if I get it to where I need to use the little red button, I’ll do so. I talked to a couple of people, early on when I first ordered. They answered my questions and I had no other problems. I would definitely recommend Jitterbug to anybody else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's great with Jitterbug. I like my phone really good. Before using Jitterbug, I used a cellphone from a different company. I liked this other phone, too, because I was used to it. But it was pretty expensive, and I'm pretty old and don't want anything extravagant. I told my son that I just want something with the basic features so my son went to Jitterbug. It does what I need. I use it some, but I don't make a lot of calls. I just use the basics. I also don't use the camera or other features. I know that more could be done with my phone, like texting and other things. I went to North Carolina several weeks ago to my daughter's place. Her daughter got married. Somebody picked my Jitterbug phone up there and said, "Wow, Grandma, you have a fancy phone."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a landline but I knew I needed a cellphone in case I needed to contact someone quickly. I saw a Jitterbug Touch ad and it looked like what I wanted so I ordered it. Everyone in Jitterbug has been very nice and helpful anytime I’ve talked to them. The customer service team helped me nicely when I didn’t have any power and it was something that I had to do on the phone. I had to call 911 some time ago because I had a TIA and my Jitterbug was right there but I used my landline phone as I didn't think of it. But now I carry my Jitterbug with me everywhere. I haven't used the Jitterbug much but I made a call a few minutes ago and I’m very satisfied and happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter kept insisting that I needed a cellphone. She wanted me to get one for emergencies, and so I did. I contacted Jitterbug initially because the price seemed good, the phone looked like it was a good one, and I didn't want anything expensive or fancy. But I usually forget my Jitterbug when I leave, since I'm not used to having a cellphone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked the 5Star button on the Jitterbug flip. Though my husband has never used the medical alert button on the Jitterbug, I still like for him to have it for peace of mind. It's also easy for him to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read and heard about Jitterbug for a long time and I knew they were less expensive than most of the major ones like T-Mobile. When I first subscribed to Jitterbug, I was on hold for a long time with customer service. But other than that, it was great. I have my Jitterbug phone for emergencies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a cellphone that's very, very simple and in the magazine advertisement, that's what the Jitterbug is. I love my Jitterbug. It's indeed very simple and I have convinced my husband to buy one. I'd recommend Jitterbug to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I do a lot of hunting and fishing and they’re afraid I’ll fall down out in the woods because I’m 78. I got the Jitterbug and people who have seen it say they like the big lettering on it. That’s one good thing about it which I like, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was asking around for an easy phone to use for senior citizens and Jitterbug is. I use it for calling and it’s very clear to understand. The original people who set it up were friendly and helpful. I’ve recommended Jitterbug to several people and they have gotten it and also enjoy it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a phone but I'm 86 years old and have a little trouble with them little old bitty things and small buttons. Jitterbug is a whole lot better and I really like it. I find everything a lot easier on it. I have already recommended it to my sister-in-law.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug's pretty good but it's so slow in loading. When I took my phone in about a month ago, the lady took out the battery, put it back in, then it was fine. Their people were really good too. It took me a while to get used to my Jitterbug phone, though. It's not as simple as they make it sound. It was tricky to load new addresses or new numbers. But I might take advantage of Jitterbug's red button for emergencies since it wasn't too expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a cellphone, so we got in contact with Jitterbug and got one from them. Although we don’t use the cellphone a lot, when my husband is in town or somewhere, I can contact him. The phone service also has a medical alert device, but we didn't mainly get it for that feature.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been with our TracFone for 20 years. When they updated, they sent my husband a phone that he could not use since the keypad was too little. He couldn't even shut it off without hitting two keys. We eventually went for Jitterbug and my husband really likes it because the phone is easy to use since it has bigger numbers. He talks to his son more often now.

Still, we haven't had a very good experience with Jitterbug. I filled out the paper and sent out a voided check to have them deduct the payment automatically. They've never done that. I've called them and they said there's no record of it even though they have my voided check. They deducted 398 minutes off of our last bill and I was told by the people at Best Buy that they rolled over.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like my Jitterbug. I live alone at the end of a tiny town, and I need it around here for medical reasons. When I first got it, the people at Jitterbug helped me set it up and they went through some different things with me. I was very pleased. I use my Jitterbug occasionally because I have a land phone, but I take it with me when I travel. I'm happy with it. I like the charger on it. The numbers are nice and big and everything is easy to see, and I can hear it really well. But, last weekend, everything quit, and I have no idea why it did. Fortunately, one of my granddaughters was here, and she opened it and lifted the battery off, put it back in and then it worked.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very happy with my Jitterbug. I had a phone and I didn't like it because it was too complicated. All I wanted was a phone that I could make a call and get calls. I don't need the rest of that nonsense and Jitterbug was a lot simpler and easier to use. I wish more things work like that. Simplicity is key. I would like to thank all the people involved in Jitterbug for creating this phone. I've recommended it to others as well. Also, working with the Jitterbug team was very pleasant. They were very professional and they answered any questions I had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a phone so I went to Sears, then I got Jitterbug and it started out good. I really liked it and I even took some pictures on it, which is neat. It has a medical alert but I have not used it, which is a good thing. However, it hasn't been worth a dime in the last three or four weeks. I have it for several months now and I've had trouble with it off and on. I've got it on a charger but when I take it off, it doesn't come on. I'd like to keep the cellphone in my car in case I have an accident. But it doesn't work half the time and I'm really disappointed with it. I will call the customer service number and see if they can help me and I'd go back to Sears if I get a chance and have them do something about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself, and I thought I was fine, but my daughter said I had the wrong telephone. Then she got a Jitterbug and shipped it to me. I've had it for about a year and I plug it at night. I carry it in my pocket in the day because I'm 90 years old and I want to be next to the telephone. My Jitterbug is smaller than my previous phone. I can carry it around better than the big, long phones, and the numbers are big too. They changed the panic button as I had wished and put it at the bottom where it works. I like my Jitterbug and I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a phone which wasn't too expensive that I could just have with me and Jitterbug looked like it was made a lot easier for us older folks with not such good eyesight. I'm liking it so far and I feel more confident having it. I do have my landline when I'm at home but I always take the Jitterbug with me for my own safety and protection. It makes things simpler for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're farmers and out and here on the farm, my previous phone had a signal and Jitterbug is not as strong as it is in the city, but it's strong enough that it works and it's easy to use. Also, the battery life on it is really good. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a halfway smartphone and I got tired of all the iPhones. I also had a cellphone one time but the numbers were so small I couldn't see them anymore. Since I've been hearing about Jitterbug for years from the advertisements in various magazines that I get, I finally decided that I'll go ahead and try it. It's a great little gadget. I carry it with me all the time and I started using it with a lot of my friends. I'd say, "Call me on the Jitterbug because I can hear you better than I can on my regular landline phone." So, they're beginning to do that.

I'm very satisfied with my Jitterbug and I've already recommended it to a couple of my old buddies. I've shown it to them and one of them already had one. They were like me. The idea of bigger letters and numbers and being able to control the volume makes us think that they care about us which is a good feature. I've been real pleased with the phone and the only complaint I have about it is when I turn it off and turn it back on, it takes so long to get ready to go again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 90 years old and I live all alone, so I want connection with other people if I need it. I had a different cellphone, but it didn't have the star. I thought of buying the necklace, but I found Jitterbug which does both things so I chose that. Even though I don't use it that much, I have fewer worries now that I have it. My four daughters all live in different states, so I don't have anyone near me. I do have one sister near me who's 93 and we're both living independently. Jitterbug is for emergency so I could call if I'm having a problem or I need some help. Though I don't feel comfortable with it like I do with my regular phone, my family felt that having it would be really helpful for me. I do feel secure because I have that emergency star on that. I also like the big number on it. I have recommended it to several people because they've seen those big numbers and love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm in a nursing home and I can't get out so, my son just bought me a Jitterbug phone. I'm tickled to death with its photographs. Since I don't see my grandchildren very often, one by one I'm catching them when they come up here and see me. However, I can't get the missed call and I don't know what to do. There is nothing wrong with the phone but I can't use it. It's just that I can't keep up with it. I've gotten a couple of calls from somebody and it seems it worked fine. I like the picture section of it but I'm still learning how to get my message. The Jitterbug phone is a whole lot better than the one I had. My old phone had the numbers and the buttons small so I push the wrong button because I can't see them well. With the Jitterbug phone I have fewer worries. I won't have to run out and get the Fire Department. All I got to do is plug it. I like the phone and I'm satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with Consumer Cellular and didn’t like the phone. It was too small, I was getting different calls and the price kept going up every month. So I got rid of that, tried the Jitterbug Flip and I like it because so far the price is not going up. The only thing I don’t understand is why I get a lot of anonymous calls for different surveys from different companies. They say if I don’t want not them to call me anymore, I should just press “9” and I do that. But the next day, I get the same call again. It’s annoying. But other than that, I'm very satisfied and I would recommend Jitterbug. The numbers are nice and big. It's easy to use and it takes great pictures. I use the phone when I need it. If I go shopping or if I go out in the car, I take it with me. I only wanted a phone for emergencies so I very seldom use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Jitterbug because I have a handicapped kid. If the car broke down, I could call my husband or someone to help me because she can't walk that far. Jitterbug advertised that their phone is around $14 a month. But it's $40 a month and I don't want it. I don't even use it because I forget it half the time. I want to cancel and try to get a phone that's cheaper than Jitterbug. It may have services on it that are real good for elder people but not so good for me. I'm very dissatisfied. Their advertisement is wrong. I would never have gotten it if I would have known it was that amount.

Purchased phone and it was complicated to work so put it back in the box and returned everything with it... charger, instructions, etc. They said it was scratched and sent it back minus box and everything else. I have tried to get the other items and they will not send them. This is worthless to me and they gave NO REFUND to me, and kept what I had paid for. This company appears to scam people as I had ordered a recliner that came with 4 holes in it and they deducted $400 upon the return of the chair. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had a surgery and was away from home for a year, and using the Jitterbug was the only way we had to communicate. It has big numbers on it and I could hear out of it if I have my hearing aid. I have used it to call my wife to let her know where I was at and what I was doing. But since my wife got home, I have no need for it now and I no longer use it.

Jitterbug Flip Company Profile