Jitterbug Flip

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vision has gotten so poor that I couldn’t see my other phones. Jitterbug phone was advertised to have larger print. So far, I’m happy with Jitterbug and they’ve been very good to me. This phone is better for my eyes. Sound quality seems better too as I can hear on this much better. Their reps have been very nice, friendly, professional and treated me very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have whatever I want out of Jitterbug and it is half the cost of my previous cell phone provider. I feel more confident using it because they provide 5-star service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The numbers on the Jitterbug phone are big. I thought that it would be a good deal so I called and ordered a phone. Their staff was very friendly and they mailed the phone to me. I like the Jitterbug much better than the flip phone I had before. It's very simple, the right size and easier to use. It's very good and I'm very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a cellphone and it went out on me so my daughter wanted to get me something easier to use. We got a Jitterbug and it's a much better phone than my other one. The numbers are bigger and clearer and I can see them better. I don't use the phone that much but I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug looked easy and simple when we saw them in the Central Texas Magazine so I got in touch with them. The team called when my husband accidentally hit the emergency button and they were friendly. My husband is figuring the phone out and uses it a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children want me to have Jitterbug when I go out alone so I can have communication in case something happens. I don't use it that much but I love it. I'm an older woman so this is all I need. I don't need a fancy phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Jitterbug is 100% better than the smartphone I had before. I can operate it but I don't use my Jitterbug phone very often - I only make two calls a month on it. I bought it for security for a trip and keep it around for that purpose. I was able to use it in two different emergencies. The first one was when we were down in Florida Keys. We had reserved a motel room in Key Largo. So, we didn't look for the place because we thought we were gonna get back before it was dark.

We drove all the way out across the keys and back again. It was so dark when we got back, we couldn't see street signs or landmarks, and we didn't know where that place was. I stopped and called their staff. I told them that we were gonna be a little late getting to the motel. I also asked how we could know when we got there. It was right next to one of the Marriott Hotels and it was a good landmark. Otherwise, we probably would have slept in the car that night. The other one was in Tucker. We were at Sam's Club and came out. Then, the car wouldn't start so we called AAA. They came and got us. I'm glad I had my Jitterbug phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a cell phone a long time ago and it went dead. Then Jitterbug is advertised highly in AARP and about every magazine I get. My daughter was the one that decided for me, so she called and ordered it. This is enough for me as an older person. I need it mostly if I drive and go by myself. Then the girl that my daughter ordered this from put a whole bunch of numbers in there for us, of my family, that I can call if I happen to get out on the road and can't get back home. Then I've used it quite a bit to call the kids because their numbers are in there. Most of my kids don't have my number. However, the phone doesn't make a whole lot of noise when somebody calls if I don't have it with me. I don't even know where the volume button's at but my daughter can take care of that. I'm well-pleased and happy with Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I got a little older so we switched to Jitterbug from our previous phone. It is easy to see and hear on it which is great. We live 1,800 feet up in the hills and no phones work up here. I use Jitterbug for emergency only. So when I get down out of the hills, if anything happens, or I'm going be late coming home, I can call my husband. I'm happy with Jitterbug. But the $30 I'm paying for an emergency phone is three times more than what I was paying for my other phone back then.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the Verizon Samsung but it didn't work at all since there are too many buttons on it and I'm not that kind of a person. I got the Jitterbug and I'm still learning. I'm having an awful time with cellphones and it's not working for me the way it should. I use Jitterbug strictly when I'm on the road should I have trouble. At home, I have a house phone and I can hear better on it than on any cellphone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a phone that I could use when I needed it, so I got a Jitterbug phone. I don’t use it just locally. My son’s a diabetic and I am, too, and any time he’s away from me and I needed to call him, then I have a way to call him. I like my Jitterbug. It’s a really good phone. I only use it to call out and receive calls, and I use it once or twice a week, but it’s handy to have when I go out and do something.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read about Jitterbug in a magazine and decided I wanted it. So far, it's working fine and I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a Jitterbug phone for a long time. This is just an update from the one I had before but I do like the update on it. The numbers on the phone are much bigger and it's much easier to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife doesn't have a cellphone and I thought she might wanna carry one around, so I got Jitterbug for her. But she doesn't feel the need to use it. I've used it a couple of times and seemed to take a bit long for it to come on, but it's no big deal. The Jitterbug is substantially larger, the numbers are more visible, and it's a little easier to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don't use my Jitterbug phone everyday as I just use it as a back-up phone. Nevertheless, it's very good compared to my old one. I like the size of it wherein I can put it in my shirt pocket. And when I use it, the calls are very clear. In fact, I have recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Jitterbug for several months and it's been working fine. They had an introductory plan for a number of minutes per month. I'm getting old and the numbers on the phone are nice and big so it's easily recognized. It doesn't do computations or calculations, the distance between here and the moon but in case I need it, I have it.

My wife had to show me how to put in names and numbers in my little log but it's good. It's working because I keep it to a minimum. I don't chitchat on it that much. I call long distance and it has good reception. I got a daughter up in New York State, one is up in Illinois, and I have a couple of brothers in California. So for when I need to message, I just get the message across, and also have messages returned to me. The other company my wife has, they buy the instrument and they do so much, but then it gets a little too much. So I keep Jitterbug for basic communication and from that point, I like it. It delivers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm not satisfied with Jitterbug. I don't know who had the number prior to me getting the phone number but I keep getting texts about some class reunion, twice or three times ever since I've had the phone. Then, a lot of times, the reception is not right. I have to keep opening and then closing and then opening and closing to get a dial tone. If that doesn't work, then I have to turn it off completely then reboot it. I'm thinking about canceling. I can go with MetroPCS because I know people that have it. As a matter of fact, it's even a little cheaper than $39 and some change that I'm paying a month. I'm really not happy with the service. But I like the prompts with the voicemail because I am not a real computer guy. I have a work phone, a little small flip phone. It's by Verizon for my company and it's far superior.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug in an advertisement in Canada just before we left to come down for six months in the winter. When I got here, I called the company and made reservations to get it. I used a different provider before and I wasn't too happy with it. I'm a senior citizen and I found the numbers and letters were too small. A couple of times, I've dialed the wrong number. I couldn’t see them very well.

I wasn't too fussy with the program itself, but it wasn't a flip phone and I was looking for one. I had one two years ago and I was told by this other company that the flip phone was going out of production. So, I bought this other one and I wasn't happy with it. When it's in my pocket, all of a sudden, somebody comes on the line and asked what I did when I didn't do anything. Maybe I put my hand in my pocket or touch my pant leg and all of the sudden, the thing comes on. That's why I like the flip phone because I can just flip it down and there are no buttons there to activate it unless I push the button myself with my hand once I open the flip part of it. So when I saw this Jitterbug flip phone, I took advantage of it and I really like it. The numbers and letters with it are very good. It's a good little phone and it's very convenient. I only use it for making and receiving phone calls, that's all I wanted it for.

However, I have a problem with it. I usually charge the battery at night. I just close the flip phone itself and put it through the battery charger. When I take it off in the morning, I usually select the on/off button and then leave it on for a few seconds until it actually comes on the screen. There's a little blip that goes across and I seem to have a little problem trying to get it to stay on for me. I have to hold it down for a few seconds for it to come online.

When I wanna phone somebody and I flip it up, I also go through that process because it doesn't come on when I just open the flip part of it. Then I seem to have a little problem trying to get a number because there's a little icon that goes across the screen back and forth. I'll fool around with it and then all of a sudden, it'll be okay. I don't know what I have to do there to stop that so I can make a regular phone call. And it's happened to me two or three times. But once it's on, it seems to be okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Jitterbug. It isn't complicated and when I get old, it's something that I could use without having to read a book. It has big numbers and it's loud. I can also put it in my pocket and it's very handy. Also, I can set up the little fan that comes with it to recharge the battery. I feel secure when I travel in my car because I know I can pick the phone up and I can call and get through. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 67 years old and I don't see nor hear that well and so I decided to contact Jitterbug. Prior to using Jitterbug, I was using a track phone. Using my Jitterbug makes a lot of difference and I like it a lot better. I feel more confident with it and with the big numbers, it is a lot easier to use. One time, my daughter called Jitterbug because I touched something that killed my service. Their representatives helped me right back up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had misplaced my phone one time and I needed a second phone for emergency. So when I saw Jitterbug on AARP, I decided to go with them. I've had calls in it four or five times since I've had it but I haven’t really been using it yet because it takes too long to put the names in it. I have over 300 names that I have to put one at a time and my friends don't even have the number and I don't remember it. Also, whether I use it or not, the battery still goes down so, I have to remember to charge it all the time. But I've still told people about it and where I got it from.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody told me about Jitterbug. However, I'm not too satisfied with it because it's always dead and I can't hear it well. I'm older and I wish I can hear it and use it better. I can't pick it up and answer. People hang up on me if it takes me so long to answer it. Also, I only know how to call back one number. I don't know how to get ahold of the other numbers that called. I used a different cell phone before I got my Jitterbug but I still like it better because my other phone was expensive to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person that I take care of was looking for a cell phone that wasn't too expensive and got Jitterbug. It's easier for him. However, he has a hearing problem and even when it rings, he has trouble. He doesn't use it very much but it just gives him the confidence when he's out of the apartment that he has something on him. He feels secure and confident.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug when I was at the store and decided to get one so that if my other phone goes out, I have a backup for emergencies. I have it on my nightstand. I also can take it outside now with me and that's a good feature. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had somebody who’s supposed to call us to set up an appointment for insurance and we had no way of doing it unless we had a phone, which is why we got Jitterbug. We’ve only used it for the purpose that we bought it for, and I've never made a call with it other than that. But, I like the phone, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm legally blind so the VA gave me a Jitterbug phone. It's convenient, easy to see, and I like the big numbers. It's good that when I got the phone, I can walk around, call anybody, and get their numbers in my phone. I called when something was wrong with the phone and the reps told me how to get it back on. The whole experience was all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband's the type who doesn’t text and use the phone too much. He just wants the communication, and the basic convenience use of a phone. He used to have a Verizon cellphone but didn’t like it. In contrast, he likes the thought that the numbers of the Jitterbug be larger and that it would be simple to use. On the whole, we have a good relationship with Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my Jitterbug Flip for emergency purposes. I make very few phone calls with it but I take it with me when I go somewhere in case I need to call AAA. I liked that there's no contract and it's reasonably priced. The Jitterbug phone is also much easier to use compared to my old phone from Consumer Cellular which was very hard to open. Every time my old phone would ring, I wouldn't get the call because I couldn't open it in time. So I've had no problems with Jitterbug. I can hear good on it and I like having it for emergencies. I've had a very good experience using it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Jitterbug Flip because of the price and it seemed to suit my needs. I used a different provider before, where my phone was already nine years old. I like that Jitterbug has more options, larger figures, and when I open it, it’s very easy to read. Several people in a retirement community where I live have it and they’re always happy with it. I take the phone with me whenever I go out and it gives me some peace of mind because if I have an emergency, I can at least call someone. The rep I talked to was very helpful. She explained everything and made me feel comfortable with the phone before I even got it. But, the phone takes longer to warm up and come on because everything it reads is instant. Other than that, I'd recommend Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a different cell phone provider, but my wife decided to contact Jitterbug and try it out. It's been good so far. In fact, I've found it easier to use and it was right for me. Moreover, in case of emergency, I can call the rescue squad.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for something better than TracFone. I didn't mind the TracFone at all once I got used to it and it took forever to get used to. When it was no longer viable, TracFone sent me a new phone. I could have thrown it in the wastebasket several times trying to figure out how to use it. It had way too many features on it that I didn't even use. I also couldn't see and it was not user-friendly. I'm not a computer whiz. I do have a computer but I use it mostly for word processing. I also do not go online and do not do text messaging. So, I wanted something simple and easy to use and that's the Jitterbug. The simpler, the better. I read about Jitterbug in the AARP Magazine and it looked like something that would work for me.

I was getting calls from all over the country and I was concerned that my number had been given out because I don't give it out. And so Jitterbug gave me the number in New York State to call to have them block any nuisance calls. I call long distance because it's much more convenient and easier to use. I live alone so I carry it with me in the car in case I need to call AAA or get in touch with somebody if something should happen. I don't carry the phone around with me but it's an advantage to have it. I don't use Jitterbug that much but I'm enjoying it. I am glad I made the switch and so far, I haven't had any problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Jitterbug for its price and I like its emergency dial. I got it in case of emergency. When I go off I am able to pick up the dial tone to call out like when I call for emergencies but I haven't had to use it that much. When I've had to call, the wait is long to talk to anybody.

Jitterbug Flip Company Profile