Jitterbug Flip

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vision has gotten so poor that I couldn’t see my other phones. Jitterbug phone was advertised to have larger print. So far, I’m happy with Jitterbug and they’ve been very good to me. This phone is better for my eyes. Sound quality seems better too as I can hear on this much better. Their reps have been very nice, friendly, professional and treated me very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have whatever I want out of Jitterbug and it is half the cost of my previous cell phone provider. I feel more confident using it because they provide 5-star service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine told me about Jitterbug, then I contacted them because I don't use the phone that much and I needed a less expensive plan. The initial setup was easy and it went smoothly. The phone is easy to use, and I've had absolutely no problems compared when I had Verizon. I'm very pleased with how it has been going.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got me an Android for Christmas but I was sick of trying to figure out how to use an Android, everything was small. So I contacted Jitterbug because their phone looked easy to handle. The only time I can use my phone is when I'm in town. This is a dead zone so I don't have a cell service out here where I live and Jitterbug makes it easier for me because I can make calls on it.

Both people from the Jitterbug team were wonderful. The first guy that I bought the phone from was really helpful. When I called to replace it, because my dog decided to take a bite out of it, the lady I talked to was really nice. However, I have to somehow get to a phone so I can get my new replacement going but I don't think I can do it without cell service out here. So, that's my only problem. But that's not their problem. I loved Jitterbug and I've already recommended it to my friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We always had AT&T but I like that Jitterbug Flip has a bit bigger numbers and it's clear because my husband is quite deaf. However, we had times that we couldn't get anybody and I need to charge it more often than the other one. One time, there was no ring tone but right now, it's working fine. We still have a landline and we use the cellphone very rarely but it's good, overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Flip by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear hearing aids so I needed something that would be compatible with T-coil 'cause I've never been able to use a cellphone before. I spoke to the Jitterbug team when I bought the phone and they were very friendly. I really like my Jitterbug phone, it's a security thing for me and I have a peace of mind. I put it in my pocket whenever I might be in a situation that I might get hurt. I take it if I'm working outside or climbing on ladders. When I'm in the car, there are no payphones anymore, so it makes me feel good and it's always there if something happens. Jitterbug is very nice, helpful, and it's a good product. I hope they keep making phones for the hearing aid people. I'd recommend it and in fact, I was showing it to a friend today.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother had a Jitterbug and he liked it so I went ahead and got one. I use the phone for security because I live or go by myself. So I'm not somebody that's on it all the time like most people. But I really enjoy having it and I like it because it has the big numbers on it. I'm 81 years old and I can see the numbers. It's great for me and I had no problem with getting it connected. They were very good about all of that. I'm glad that I got it and it's one of the best experiences I've had as far as getting something new. I'm elderly and don't always understand everything and sometimes people give me a hard time. But their reps were wonderful and when there were things that are on there that I didn't understand, they went through it with me. It made it so much easier for me to use it and I'm very happy with it. Also, when I had a little bit of a problem and wasn't doing something right, I called them and they helped me.

I ordered the Jitterbug flip phone for my blind Dad. He needs bigger keys to manually dial a number. We presumed that Voice Dial would be on the phone as a standard feature. When I did not find it in the menu (it is listed in the instruction manual, on page 46 and 47, as if it a standard feature installed on the phone), I contacted the line carrier to see why Voice Dial was not on the menu. I was told by everyone I talked to the Call Center that they would send an update to the phone to add Voice Dial to the menu so that it would come up every time Dad opens the phone. I was told it takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to update.

It never appeared on the phone. I have called every day since the phone arrived (January 17, 2017 through January 24, 2017 but not Saturday and Sunday) to get this feature on the phone. After over a week of daily calls to Great Call, I was finally told that, because we have a Fair to Poor signal in our area, they could not update his phone to have this service.

Every other cell phone we have had HAS Voice Dial installed as a standard feature. The ads show someone opening their flip phone and hearing a command similar to "Who do you want to call?" This prompt does NOT come up. We are in dire need of having this feature on the phone and if it cannot be added as a PERMANENT feature that won't be deleted if he accidentally turns his phone off, we will be going to another phone company for service. It doesn't make sense for this sophisticated phone to not have Voice Dial as a standard menu item.

We are hoping that you can provide a permanent solution to this problem in the next few days as he cannot be without cell phone service due to his blindness and need to contact family and neighbors for his safety. Please call me on my cell ** or send me an email message letting me know what I need to do so Dad can have this service. If this feature cannot be permanently added to Dad's phone, I will go to a local carrier and purchase a phone that HAS "Voice Dial" feature permanently installed as a standard feature and return the Jitterbug phone for a full refund of the purchase price plus the shipping charges.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a flip phone but it was so small, so I was looking for a good and bigger one. I liked the size of Jitterbug's flip phone and the big buttons on it, so I went with them. Also, I didn’t want to get a contract phone. I like my Jitterbug phone. It is nice and the features were very good. In case something happens to me, I can call for help. I’m fine with the service, and I have no problems with the phone. It’s been really great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband didn't like our old phone and I wasn't happy with it either so I went to see if I could get something with bigger numbers or something that would be easier to use because we're getting a little hard to hearing, especially my husband. I wanted a phone with a speaker that would be a little louder for him. So when I saw a Jitterbug, I was impressed so I called and inquired about it and it sounded good to me. The emergency button gives me and my husband peace of mind. My husband does a lot of traveling and I always worry. When he's out, anything could happen. He's 86 going on 87 years old.

After 5 months we couldn't get our phone back online so we had to send it back and wait for that. They were very efficient about it, and they were always there. When I needed them, they always answered my questions. They took a lot of time with me and were very courteous. I'm very satisfied with the service, and I'm happy with the phone. I would recommend it to my friends who are elderly. I tell them about the convenience of the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the simplicity of Jitterbug and everything has been fine with my experience with their team. Overall, it’s been outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cox Cable used to handle my TV and phone services. I am a partially blind senior citizen, and I thought Jitterbug might be easier to operate than my previous provider. Also Jitterbug is less-expensive, prettier, and I like the name of it. I'm old now, but when I was younger that's when the Jitterbug era was available and that's what caught my attention. They sent the phone to my niece and she brought it over to me and stuck them in the electrical units that we required. I don't use the phone that much because most of my family call on the land phone. But when I do, I have good service. I recommend them to several people that I know who have been by the house and have seen it and asked questions about it. I told them that as far as I'm concerned, it's the best I've used. I've also told a number of my friends who are seniors as well.

Purchased Jitterbug Flip for my 88 year old mother with mild dementia. Was told that certain features would be turned off when we received it because she tends to push buttons without understanding results. So 5star and 911 and voicemail were supposed to be deactivated. When it was received they weren't and mom found using the phone directory too difficult, so I tried to call customer service to fix the problems. Sat on hold for over an hour the first time and was told to call back at non peak times. That was 9pm on a Tuesday night! Tried the next day, same issue. Held for hour one time and over an hour the next. Finally got someone the third attempt that day after a 40 min hold. Very nice, regret lack of prior programming, and set up Voice activated dialing and fixed other problems. Elated, I took it back to mom.

We practiced it for an hour. I left and returned a bit later. She was ready to throw the phone and so were her nurses. There was no outgoing speaker. No one could hear you if you called, and voice recognition didn't work because the phone didn't hear you. Short story, I tried for two days to get to customer service to get fix or replace. Finally called sales and asked to disconnect service and return defective phone. After 4 transfers found out it was software glitch and could have been solved by turning phone off and on... If I had only been able to get customer service to talk to me. End of story, returned phone. Cute thing but not for the exact person they target. Problems too hard to solve. They have enough sales people but way too few customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Jitterbug's 5Star plan where I could punch the 5Star button wherever I am and they would know where I was if I needed help so I went ahead and got in touch with them. I’m satisfied with Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved a couple of times and had to change phones. I'm 79 so I wanted a phone where I didn't need to have to put on my glasses to see the numbers. Also, I don't text and get involved in social media and when I want to talk to people, I prefer a one-on-one thing, even with email. If my kids want to talk to me, they can call me up and talk to me. I wanted a very simple phone which is why I bought a Jitterbug. It's simple and simple in this complicated world is an achievement upon itself. So I appreciate that and that's what I'm down to. I love my Jitterbug. Some friends of mine were using Jitterbug and they loved it too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We ordered internet service and a landline phone from Xfinity. They came and put it in then the landline phone did not work. We didn't have cell phones and we had no communication with the outside world. So I ordered these Jitterbug phones for my husband and I so we would have some phone. We got them for convenience and they're a lot cheaper than a regular cell phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very old phone which still works but it was so outdated my children begged me to get another one, so, I got a Jitterbug. I use it to do the usual calls and a few long distance and they all worked out well. I did the same thing with the old phone but the only thing is I like the emergency service on this one. I also enjoy the camera part, which I didn't have on my other phone. I enjoy playing the games once in a while with Jitterbug, too and when I call my son it's faster. However, it does seem to take quite a while to boot up when I turn it on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the price of the Jitterbug. It's $35 versus the $100-some of other companies which I couldn't be paying. I also like the emergency button on the Jitterbug. It gives me peace of mind. When I first got it, my granddaughter hit the button and we closed the phone right up, but they called right back wanting to make sure everything was all right. Though I can't use it unless I'm out of town because there are no cell towers around here, it’s an excellent phone service. I use it or emergencies if I’m in the car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug phone is simple to figure out, it has big letters and numbers, and all I want to do is call people. I get so many minutes and I don't use them up so I chose what's more than fair for myself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with AT&T. Their lowest plan was 400 minutes and I was paying over $44 for that and I don't use a cellphone a lot. With Jitterbug, I pay $18 and I get the same service. I save about half of what I was paying before. It's a simple phone to use and really convenient. It has everything I need and I'm well satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I learned about Jitterbug Flip through an advertisement in my magazine and I got one primarily because I needed a quick access to a phone if I'm outside working or on the road. Although it doesn't affect me much, to some degree the phone makes me less worried. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought the Jitterbug as my spare phone. I wanted to have another means of communication in case my other cellphone that I use all the time goes out, which happened before. I use it once in a while just to keep it active, but it does what I need it for. I have no phone on me all the time and if I fall off my tractor, all I want to do is press one button and talk to a person, not a machine. I don’t need it right now because I can communicate, walk around and do what I’m supposed to do. But I’m happy with it and I know if I get it to where I need to use the little red button, I’ll do so. I talked to a couple of people, early on when I first ordered. They answered my questions and I had no other problems. I would definitely recommend Jitterbug to anybody else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had no cellphone and a friend told me about Jitterbug. I like the services that are going to be provided so I got the Jitterbug phone. I occasionally hit the emergency or the red button so I've had conversations with their team, which went well and they checked immediately. I use the phone, keep it with me all the time, and it's something my sons thought I should have and to have good access. I use it mainly for my long distance calling. Overall, I'm completely satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's great with Jitterbug. I like my phone really good. Before using Jitterbug, I used a cellphone from a different company. I liked this other phone, too, because I was used to it. But it was pretty expensive, and I'm pretty old and don't want anything extravagant. I told my son that I just want something with the basic features so my son went to Jitterbug. It does what I need. I use it some, but I don't make a lot of calls. I just use the basics. I also don't use the camera or other features. I know that more could be done with my phone, like texting and other things. I went to North Carolina several weeks ago to my daughter's place. Her daughter got married. Somebody picked my Jitterbug phone up there and said, "Wow, Grandma, you have a fancy phone."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a landline but I knew I needed a cellphone in case I needed to contact someone quickly. I saw a Jitterbug Touch ad and it looked like what I wanted so I ordered it. Everyone in Jitterbug has been very nice and helpful anytime I’ve talked to them. The customer service team helped me nicely when I didn’t have any power and it was something that I had to do on the phone. I had to call 911 some time ago because I had a TIA and my Jitterbug was right there but I used my landline phone as I didn't think of it. But now I carry my Jitterbug with me everywhere. I haven't used the Jitterbug much but I made a call a few minutes ago and I’m very satisfied and happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter kept insisting that I needed a cellphone. She wanted me to get one for emergencies, and so I did. I contacted Jitterbug initially because the price seemed good, the phone looked like it was a good one, and I didn't want anything expensive or fancy. But I usually forget my Jitterbug when I leave, since I'm not used to having a cellphone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked the 5Star button on the Jitterbug flip. Though my husband has never used the medical alert button on the Jitterbug, I still like for him to have it for peace of mind. It's also easy for him to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read and heard about Jitterbug for a long time and I knew they were less expensive than most of the major ones like T-Mobile. When I first subscribed to Jitterbug, I was on hold for a long time with customer service. But other than that, it was great. I have my Jitterbug phone for emergencies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a cellphone that's very, very simple and in the magazine advertisement, that's what the Jitterbug is. I love my Jitterbug. It's indeed very simple and I have convinced my husband to buy one. I'd recommend Jitterbug to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I do a lot of hunting and fishing and they’re afraid I’ll fall down out in the woods because I’m 78. I got the Jitterbug and people who have seen it say they like the big lettering on it. That’s one good thing about it which I like, too.

Jitterbug Flip Company Profile