4.60/5
  • 1 star
Based on 242 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Video
Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 3, 2017

1019 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My family members suggested GreatCall Lively Mobile to me and I like it. They wanted to look after me and to know where I am to make sure that I'm okay. I used another medical device before but it did not have the capability that GreatCall does. I had to be right around my house for it to work but GreatCall works anywhere, whether I’m here or at the store. I used it last week when I needed to go to the emergency room and they got the ambulance here before I could almost turn around. It works really well and their people were very efficient.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I’m alone since my husband died so I got Lively Mobile and I’m liking everything about it. It’s very convenient and fits my day-to-day. And if someone becomes interested I would tell them him or her how fine Lively Mobile is.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I had Medical Alert before and switched to Lively Mobile because it cost less money. It was the right thing to do. Now I've got it for a couple of years. In the last couple of weeks I had I rarely used it during the hurricane season because I had no power right off. But other than that, it seems to be okay. I would also like it if the pendant that goes around my neck was a little smaller.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have balance problems so I got a Lively Mobile. And I wear it whenever my wife is not around.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I'm getting older and since I go out four times a day to walk my dogs, I thought GreatCall would probably be something good to have. I usually press the button once a month to make sure that it's working and I feel a lot more at ease now that I have it. Every once in a while I forget to put it in my pocket when I'm going out. Then I realize when I'm out and I feel like that's the day I would fall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had fallen and have broken my shoulder and I was in a beauty salon talking about it to my hairdresser when a lady overheard me and told me about Lively Mobile. My interaction with their team has been very cordial. I usually wear the device during the week when my husband is not here. I have it like a necklace and I feel safe when I'm by myself.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

A friend of mine has a Lively Mobile device and he told me that it was good. I live alone and I thought it was a good idea to get one for myself. I usually keep it in my pocket when I’m at home or going out. But I wish that they had a better clip on it so I could clip it on my pocket or a purse. The clip they have and had given me is not efficient or a viable item. It's inconvenient to use because of the lack of ability to easily keep it with me. But other than that, it’s fine and I’m happy with Lively Mobile.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I feel a little more secure with GreatCall and the one time I had an emergency, their team was very fast to respond and was very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

When I became widowed a couple of years ago the doctor said he wanted me to get something in case fell. I started looking into it and showed the doctor my Lively Mobile device when I came back. I even pushed the button because he asked me, “Does it work good?” And I said, “Yes, just let me show you.” And I pushed the button and the little voice came on and I told him that I was just testing it and that there was nothing wrong. And then they even told me where I was and where the call was coming from and they were about half a mile off. I've checked the device from time to time and the response is immediate.

Also I'm 84 years old and I'm not as steady on my feet as I used to be so my grown children, who live not too far, were happy that I got it. I've got security in my house and I've got security hanging around my neck. I put my Lively device on the charger at night because it’s kind of heavy and clunky. And that’s why I have a little lightweight one, which came with my home security alarm, that I put that around my neck at night when I go to bed because this one from Lively is kind of heavy. I wish it didn't weigh so much. But when my friends who are alone now say something about their kids mentioning this or even some younger people that have problems I tell them that it gives me peace of mind. I know that I can get hold of somebody any time of the day or night. I feel safe and it's a good thing to feel if you live alone.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I'm on oxygen and I live by myself, and after seeing Lively Mobile's ad which sounded good, I decided to get one. And my children thought that I'd be more comfortable with a medical alert device. It's usually on the counter next to my bed but when my kids are here, they make sure that I'm wearing it. With my device, I feel that I've got help in case I fall. Lively Mobile's customer service has been very good. They were all very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Charles has PSP, Progressive Palsy and has a tendency to fall backward and that is a real danger. We’ve tried the device once just to test it and make sure it worked. He’s had it for a while and he’s really comfortable with it because it’s there and he wears it around his neck. It has given us a little more peace of mind. Now if I want to go to the grocery store for two or three hours I don’t worry because he’s got the device if he needs help and I’m not home.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have a tendency to fall a lot. I get lightheaded and I fall. And then, I can't get back up. We ordered Life Alert and it was bigger than Lively. I'm only five-two. The device was too heavy to be hanging around my neck all the time so I never used it. I sent it back and then we ordered a Lively. Thanks to John Walsh who advertised it on TV.

I'm very satisfied with it and I feel more secure. My husband's generally with me, but I always make sure I have it if I have to go out some place by myself. Also, I find it easy to use. I accidentally set it off one day from bending over. I hit the button and the operator's on the phone immediately and I told her, "I'm sorry. It happened by accident." She said, "We just want to make sure you're okay." They were there right away. I have recommended it to a friend of mine because she falls too. And I said, "Really, you should get one of these. I went to a neurologist and he didn't even suggest it. He just said I'm 68."

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The Lively Mobile system works and I'm happy and comfortable with it. I have been using it with the wristband for a little over a year and it was great. I wore it particularly at night. However, the band broke. I called and ordered another one. The new one came and it lasted as long as two weeks before it fell apart. I haven't used it since. With the band broken, I put it on the night stand. It's right there with me but then so is my telephone. Lively is a good deal and I have recommended it to several people.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I’m 83 and I live alone. I also have a pacemaker and I just had a back surgery. I got a medical alert device but I didn’t it because I had to have a landline with it so I got rid of it and got a Lively Mobile. Also, the other device was only good for 2000 feet away from my apartment but Lively Mobile is good no matter where I go and I carry it with me all the time. I have it in my pocket during the day and on my nightstand at night. My family is happy that I have the device because they don't worry so much. They know they will be called if anything happens.

Since I got my device, several of my friends liked it so well that they got theirs too. In fact, I live in a senior apartment building and one of my friends who just moved from here and rented to an assisted living saw it and got herself one. She also needed to get a new phone so I told her that I saw an ad where they have the phone that has the device in there. It's hard for her to pop the device in her pocket because she's afraid she might set it off, so she bought the phone the other day and they will set it up today.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Got one for mom that never charges up, impossible to get help via the "GreatCall Customer Service 24 hours a day @1-800-463-5412" line that informs you of hours of operation are 6-7 PST M-F. Some 24/7 service. But at least they're sorry about missing my call, that makes me feel better. Meanwhile, good luck, mom. Sure as hell hope you don't need it.

Lively Mobile response

We are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of service available. The Lively Mobile device will fully charge in 90 minutes and the charge, in most cases will last up to 24 hours. GreatCall’s current hours of operation for Customer Service are; Monday – Saturday between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time. If you are still experiencing issues with your device, please call, 1 800-733-6632 or 1 800-463-5412. All calls are answered in the order they are received, hold times may vary, however, most calls are answered within a few minutes and if you can hold, we will assist you. As always, Our 5Star Agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I purchased the Lively Mobile for my dad who is 88 years old and legally blind. Due to his age his health is probably 65%. I am sorry to report the device is not accurate and if an emergency happens and my dad presses the button for help I am afraid dispatch will send the emergency vehicle to the wrong location due to inaccurate GPS tracking. Numerous times I get a report on the app that he is out and about in the middle of the night (can't see/can't drive) and even at times during the day when he is right beside me.

I have spoken with customer service several times and went thru the process to troubleshoot the device and restart my phone so the app would work but it never lasted. The technical group was also brought into the conversations and the answer was always, “We will send you out a new device or charger” just to have the same issue a few days later. People this could be a matter of life and death so the device NEEDS to work appropriately and pinpoint the exact location. I don't know what to do at this point and my last call this morning is being rerouted to a supervisor which could take 3 -5 business days. Grrr... I will say everyone is super kind but still no answers...

Lively Mobile response

We are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Link application for the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The Lively Mobile has patented GPS technology that confirms location quickly and accurately for our 5Star Agents. The Link application is a service that is available to keep family and friends connected to the user and will send updates about the device status and the well-being of the user. Please email your account information and a description of the issue to us at linkhelp@greatcall.com, so that we can review what is causing this to happen and find a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My 87-year old mother has been a satisfied GreatCall subscriber for several years. She lost her Splash device about a year ago, and it was replaced with the Lively. She had trouble from the start with this device. It is much more difficult to use than her previous device -- probably because it has never worked properly. She has had trouble charging it, having it keep a charge and trouble using in an emergency. Up until recently, customer service has been good. However, my mother got locked out of the house two weeks ago and pressed the button on the GreatCall device for help. All she got was a recording from Verizon. Realizing there was something wrong because the device was not showing up on the app as "powered on and working," we called the GreatCall customer service number today for help.

We waited 30 minutes listening to the anxiety-inducing recording and finally gave up and called the emergency number. The emergency dispatcher was great! He determined that there was a problem with the device and he transferred us to a customer service representative, waiting with us for 20 minutes until someone could be reached. We were on the phone with the customer service rep for another 20 minutes. She was great, too! She also determined that there was a problem with the device and transferred us to tech support, waiting on the phone with us until someone was reached. The tech support rep answered the phone and said he was going to do some tests. We waited and waited and then discovered that there was no one there.

So, two hours later the Lively device will still not work in an emergency, and when we call customer support to start all over again, we could not reach anyone without going to the emergency operator. We cannot spend another two hours trying to get this fixed. If we get a satisfactory response after filing this complaint, I will update this review. But at this point, my advice to anyone who is considering purchasing a device and subscribing to great call: STAY AWAY. There are more reliable companies out there.

Lively Mobile response

We are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of service available. The Lively Mobile device will fully charge in 90 minutes and the charge, in most cases will last up to 24 hours. If you are still experiencing issues with your mother's device, please be sure that you are dialing 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday. Most issues can be resolved with our Customer Service Advisors. All calls are answered in the order they are received, hold times vary, however, most calls are answered within a few minutes and if you can hold, we will assist you. Please keep in mind that calling other GreatCall numbers may add time to your call time and delay a resolution to your issue.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have a Lively Mobile medical alert device. It's nice and comfortable to wear. I had one before but I only wear it in the house and in the yard. But now I take my Lively Mobile medical alert device everywhere I go. I've had the device for quite a while and every so often I call and see if it's still working.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased the Lively Mobile and Phone for my mother. I'm finding that the charge on the mobile lively lasts only about 12 hours. The information I've read on the site indicates 24 hours, but we are not seeing anything close. Tried calling customer service, they suggested I call back after 2 in the afternoon, so that approach is hardly what I'd call customer service.

Lively Mobile response

Alice, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. Most users do experience 24 hours of battery, however, if the device is not holding an ample charge that lasts throughout the day, you should follow up with our Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday. Hold times vary, but the average wait time is less than 5 minutes, if you can hold, we will answer your call in the order it was received.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017
I had Life Alert forever. My husband had it prior and then he passed away so I kept it, but when I found out Life Alert was all over outside the house, I switched.

Since using Lively Mobile, I feel much safer in the car. However, the one I have is quite large and that’s getting to be a problem. It is black and a little over two inches. I wear it around my neck and I’ve broken two chains. I now have the one that’s crocheted yarn and I’ve got to get another chain. If they had a smaller one, I would appreciate it. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with it. They answer my calls immediately. Once, I called them when I was in Cambria. I wanted to see if they knew so I asked them if they knew where I was. They said, “Yes, you’re on Barton Avenue.” That was perfect. Overall, my experience with Lively Mobile is excellent.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was living at my home alone so I got a medical alert device. My experience with Lively has been good. It's very sensitive and I'm confident that if I fall I can get help.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My kids wanted me to have a medical alert device because of my age. So I have Lively Mobile but hanging it on my neck, it’s awfully big. Wearing it on top of my cloth is poofy. If I tuck it underneath, there’s a big bulge, and I need a cord around my neck. It’s uncomfortable. So half the time, I don't wear it. I put it in my purse instead and I put it on my bed when I go to sleep. Maybe Lively Mobile can figure out how they can make the device smaller. But I would recommend Lively Mobile and I'm glad I have the device as it could be worthwhile someday.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

When Spectrum took over Bright House, they keep having the telephone and the cable off. I'm 94 years old and I cannot do anything without a telephone so I had to use Lively Mobile. I live alone and I definitely need the medical alert device. The Lively Mobile team has been pretty good. I have this device with me all the time. It's comfortable and easy to use. I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was having to pay somebody to stand there while I took a shower and I wanted to be able to take a shower by myself. I saw Lively Mobile's advertisement and I thought that it was my answer. I could take a shower by myself and if I had a problem, I could either punch the button or they'd hear me if I fall. I wear it all the time in case I fall and I put it on the charger at night. I also wear it when I take a shower and it makes me feel more secure.

It makes it possible for me to do things that I would not be able to do without it because I live in an assisted living but I'm on my own in a private room. I'm by myself all the time but I'm confident that if something happens, Lively's reps will hear it and they will come and take care of whatever my needs are. They came out one night and asked if I was okay. I laid the device on the bed and the rep said that it was like falling down. If I bump it, they would come and see if there was anything wrong. I'm really happy with the device but I was disappointed when the charger went bad. When I told their rep about it he said that they were going to have to replace that. It should be here on Friday and I'd be happy to see him.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I carry my Lively Mobile device with me, but I've only used it once. I had hurt my ribs. It was a lot of pain and that was the worst thing I've had. I wasn't able to drive to the hospital to get a check. I used my device to get an ambulance. They stayed on the line which was nice. They checked and everything was okay. The ribs were okay, just bruised up. The device works great and I like that little button. I just pushed it and it came right on and did a good job. I get around real good. I'm content and happy with it. I'd recommend Lively Mobile to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I had a history of getting terrible pains in my stomach at night and I live alone. I also fell once, broke my hip and I happened to be in the basement. Fortunately I reached someone. But I thought after this it was a miracle that I had to go 20-some feet on cement to get to a phone. With LiveIy Mobile I feel more secure. I called once to make sure my device was working and I haven't had any complaints. But it's not exactly comfortable. I don't sleep in it because it's a big hard lump. And I tuck it in my bra so it doesn't slap around. Plus I don't take a shower with it because they warned me not to get the cord wet. I bought it at Walgreens and we're trying to talk a friend of ours then since he needs one desperately. And you can get the device at Walmart's that's the nice thing.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was living alone and an alert device not only alerts the paramedics but also informs my son on what's happening because he's not there. The government gives free phones to people but every senior citizen should have one of the Lively Mobile devices around their neck because it works no matter where I'm at. I'm a diabetic and I've had a couple situations but within three minutes the paramedics were there. I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I was in assisted living for a while. I had a stroke and my balance is way off. I spoke with the Lively Mobile reps once to test my apparatus and they were great. They were very courteous and helpful. I’ve felt safer since using Lively Mobile but it's a little annoying to have the device around my neck. Also, the neck string broke and I had to order a new one. We shouldn't have had to pay for that because it wasn't anything I did to break it. Still, I’m satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I had a massive heart attack in the middle of the night and I was by myself. But I now have confidence in having the Splash medical alert device from Lively Mobile on me and I'm so glad that I have it. Otherwise, I would be worried about being alone when I'm not feeling well. I can now get help with just a push of the button and my family feels better that I have it. They were worried about my being by myself, but I didn't want to move in with them. The device helps my family, including my younger grandchildren who were afraid to be near me, thinking that I might have another episode, because I had different things going on in six months. So, I showed my grandchildren how the device worked and that took care of the problem.

The alert device model that I had before, since September 2013, was amazingly good. It gave me support and courage and I didn't have to be afraid of being alone or going out for a walk because I felt safe. Then I decided to get the new model that’s waterproof and they sent me one to me. My experience with this new model that can be found in the stores now was terrible. There were at least six units of the new model that were defective and the battery wouldn't charge. I was without any kind of alert coverage for months and nobody ever told me that it was the unit that was the problem, not only for me but for everyone else that had it. Finally, after many hours on the telephone and many problems, they sent me the old model called Splash.

With my Splash alert device, I always get terrific, instant service from the team at Lively Mobile when I push the button. So far, I've never needed emergency assistance but sometimes I called to be sure that they were there and they knew where I was, and I've always had a good response from them. I wear my Splash device to bed at night in case I have to get up because I've had friends who fell on their way to the bathroom at night. When I get up in the morning, I put the device in the charger and it does not take long to charge, which is a good thing. Then I wear it around my neck all the time. The new model alert device that I had before was useless because I couldn't depend on it at all. It was always dead and the battery wasn't charging. It was just junk and not worth a penny. I was so disappointed in it and I wouldn't have it in my house again.

On the other hand, my Great Call Splash alert device is terrific. I like that it's less expensive and it's also very easy to wear around the neck and even to sleep with. I feel bad that I recommended the new model to two of my friends and they got it, and they're now having the same problems as I did. I'm sorry that Lively Mobile has gone to the new model and I wish they would go back to the Splash so we can have more confidence in their alert device. I would recommend the Great Call Splash alert device and, in fact, I've already recommended it to quite a few people. Overall, my experience with my new model alert device was the worst it could be, while my experience with my Great Call Splash alert device has been the best it can be.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I got a Lively Mobile device because I live by myself. I had Life Alert and it was just for home but Lively Mobile travels. But I have to use a safety pin and I pin it on my nightgown. This company's okay but I just wish they had a wristband feature.

Lively Mobile Company Information