Lively Mobile

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don’t walk too well so I have to use a wheelchair and my family was afraid that when I went out to get the mail at the mailbox I would fall and then I would be outside and couldn’t get to a phone. Thus, I needed a medical device. I feel that Lively is something a person needs because I'm living by myself and I have a couple of steps I have to go up and down to get the paper. I feel more secure with it and happen to have a little phone stuck in a pocket somewhere.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wear GreatCall Lively around my neck and the only time I take it off is when I put it on the charger at night. I'm 81 years old and I'm falling a lot so I got a medical alert device. I'm very satisfied with it and I feel more confident having it especially if I fall and can't get up, or if I'm outside and fall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a stroke so I got Lively and now I can take the shower with confidence. I wear the medical alert device around my neck and wear it wherever I go. Their team was great and in the one time I needed them, I called and they stayed on the call with me until the first responder showed up. Overall, Lively is very responsive and easy to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've tested Lively to see if it works. I picked it up, pressed the button and had somebody through the microphone on the device. I think I trust the system in case of emergency, but I can't say that I know from experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have very brittle bones and had a spontaneous hip fracture. And I could have one anywhere, anytime so I got GreatCall Lively and wear it 24/7. I have to have the fall alert and my device does work. I got down on my hands and knees the other day to pull something out from under the desk and the device was hanging down from my neck. It touched the rug and went off, and there was somebody on the phone immediately.

I like it very much but I don't like the model that I bought. It is convenient to use but it's not comfortable. It's a really big one and it's heavy. It would be nice to have a lighter one. I've seen online that there are new models which are smaller and I'm interested in looking into that, but I want the same functionality because it's great. I only charge it and put it on for ten minutes when I'm watching the evening news and that's it. It's a very good product for the price that I paid for it. I've recommended it to several people and they have bought it. I wish I had gotten it before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was alone and my son was very concerned so I got a medical alert device which primarily I ignore unless I need it and that is what I wanted. I didn't want something that was invasive or people calling me and bothering me about it and up to today, that has been working pretty well with Lively. However, the device is very heavy. They need to make it smaller. Also, they need to fix their phone problem because people with medical alert devices need to be dealt with in a much better way. My device malfunctioned and apparently it wasn't working right from the beginning. It obviously was a malfunctioning device because it would wake me up in the middle of the night saying, "This is GreatCall," and scare the wits out of me which shouldn't be done to a heart patient. I called Lively and was on hold for four hours. They do not have enough staff to answer the phone.

They sent the device back and said it was under warranty but they charged me for the replacement so I'm not very happy. Also, when I was told what the bill was, it wasn't right and they said they would fix it but they still haven't. I'm going to have to spend another four hours on the phone to get them to remove a charge that shouldn't be there in the first place. They are a much better service than my previous one, but I can't get help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and got the Lively device for security. It was my family that was concerned about it. My device accidentally got punched when it was in my purse and I got a difficult time hearing their reps but other than that I've had no issues with them. I occasionally wear the device around my neck but it bothers me because it moves around so it's either in my purse or sitting next to wherever I'm sitting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fall quite often and my sons are at work so they settled that I needed to be able to get help when I need it. I feel safe with my GreatCall medical alert device and I wear it everyday. It's a little large and I have a fall detection on it so it makes it extra thick. One time my son and I were doing something with it then it got bumped on and they answered right away. We didn't mean to push the button but somehow he was here with me and they were right there in the call. I'm glad to have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had heart surgery and I have a bad back, so Lively's device is gonna be useful to me because I would never know if I'm gonna fall. When I was setting it up the team was helpful and there wasn't any problem. I have recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in an accident so my kids were bugging me to get a medical alert device and I needed something in case I go out although I don't go out at night anymore. I used to have a medical alert through the state. I have GreatCall now and it's the same because I really haven't used it. I beeped it one time by mistake and boom, they were there right away. They were buzzing and I didn't know what the heck they're buzzing. I wasn't used to hearing it and I've never heard it before so I went around the house trying to figure out what it was. I finally figured it out because they called. I like it and it's fine so far. I've got it on a lanyard necklace but it's heavy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband heard about Lively through the senior center that we belong to and we heard good things about it. I got the necklace version and used it once to see how to do it and the team responded right away. They did what they were supposed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the necklace from GreatCall Lively, and it works for me. However, I wish I didn't have the big black thing hanging on my neck. While I haven’t had to use the device since I had it, I've accidentally mashed it one time, and Lively's team responded right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't had any problems with it. I just put it in my bra and when I remember to put it on, it works fine. One time, I accidentally pressed it and the Lively team came through the device right away. They answered and asked what the problem was so I told them that it was just an accident that I touched it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We haven't had the need to use the GreatCall Lively but we have it on all the time and it's for my wife's benefit since she has trouble getting around. She has the necklace type and we're sure we're going to continue using it for a long time. I would also recommend GreatCall to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The GreatcalI Lively is my first medical alert device and I've had it close to a year now. The necklace is easy enough to wear but I usually don't wear it out of the house. Anytime I've called, I've had a good experience. I only had a bad experience with the device because it wasn't charging, but it was replaced and it's fine now. I would recommend the Lively device to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my GreatCall Lively for almost a year, with my daughter paying for it every month. I've got the necklace and the bracelet, but I was annoyed with the bracelet. So I switched to the necklace, which I liked better, and everybody notices that I wear it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son gave me a Lively necklace and it’s very easy to wear. It helped me when I had my heart attack. I'm home alone and my husband is in a nursing home. I woke up with pains in my chest. My fingers and my hands were numb. I pressed the button and the ambulance came and took me to the hospital. The response time was very quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Eugene has never had to use the Greatcall Lively device other than our test time on it, where the response of the Lively team was good. He wears the necklace but he doesn't like it hanging around his neck, and he would like the bracelet even less. But overall, we like the Lively and have recommended it to a couple of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister at the pastoral church has told me about GreatCall and I've been using my medical alert device for a little over a year. I have the necklace type and having the device gives me more freedom to go out. Overall, the experience with it has been great so I keep it with me. I would also recommend it to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 80 years old and I'm in moderately good health, but my wife passed away about three years ago and there's always a chance of falling. I have a townhouse where I got electric chairs to go upstairs with, but I like the idea that I was good at any place that I went to and not just here in the house. Since I live alone, I want to stay independent as long as I can. I had been seeing Lively before I purchased it, and what impressed me was the idea that it was good at any place that I went and not just here in the home. I have a cell phone and a lot of times, I leave it in the console of the car when I'm driving because I can't reach it in my pocket. Then sometimes when I go in to do the grocery shopping or go into a store, I'll forget to put it in my pocket. With Lively, I have something that is with me all the time. I use a lanyard on my neck and nobody knows I even have it.

My wife's family is in California and I go out every year to see them. As a check, after I got off the plane in San Francisco and drove to Santa Cruz, I pushed the button on the Lively device and asked them if they knew where I was. They gave me the address immediately of where I was in California, and that was impressive to me. I don't use it very often but I once every two months I'll push the button and talk to the people and tell them it's not an emergency to be sure everything is okay. It makes me confident that the light's still flashing on it. Going across the country, I was curious the first time to see whether it would do what the rep said it would do and it did. The last gentleman I talked to here a few weeks ago said, "Feel free to call even when you need to talk to somebody for a minute." My kids know I have it, and I like the feeling that they'll be contacted if I have an emergency. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in my position.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 95, live alone and my son wanted me to have a medical alert device. I like to have my Lively alert device on. When I go out, I put it in my purse, and then when I get home sometimes, it'll be half a day before I realize that I don't have it on. I'm very careful to wear it. I feel comfortable having the alert. Before I got Lively's medical alert service, I had the one from LifeStation. But Lively's service goes further. It goes anywhere, rather than just in my home. Moreover, the Lively people are so good about answering quickly, and I've been very impressed with that. With LifeStation, it took them very long to respond.

The other night, I was watching the World Series. I was eating an apple and some peanuts, and a little piece of apple got stuck in my throat and I couldn't swallow it. I was distressed and worried. I felt like I was choking. So, I drank a little water, but that seemed to exacerbate the whole situation, and I got a little nervous. So, I pushed the alert button, and the Lively guy was on the line. He asked me several questions that I answered, then he said, "I'm having someone come and I'll stay with you," which was very nice. As we were waiting, I said, "Oh, I just swallowed it. It's gone down. I'm okay." But he said that they had already called the rescue people. They came over and I said, "I'm okay now." We talked a little bit and then they left.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively is there if I need them. I always have people around me in case I fall or get sick, but when I'm on the road, by myself, or with the dog, I feel safer with my device. I travel 600 miles by myself just to see my daughter, and I travel more safely because all I do is press a button and I'll have help in any occurrence. However, I've got a damaged nerve in my neck and I don't like too much weight around it, so I've been putting the device in my pants' pocket, attaching it to the belt or to a chain on my belt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because of my heart, I needed to get a medical alert device. I now have Lively and I'm fine with it. I wear it around my neck when I'm at home but when I'm out and about I don't, because I usually have somebody with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My treatment for cancer made me really weak and I wanted to have something that I could wear that was easy to operate in case some emergency came up and I needed some help. My Lively device is working fine and it's very easy to use which is good 'cause I need easy stuff. I wear it and I know it's there but I don't think about it. It doesn't take up a lot of space to make me have to do anything to have it working. I've had a good experience with Lively. This is a good product and it works well. I'd tell others to go ahead and get one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband expired two years ago and I'm 83 years old but I'm not disabled in any way. When I go to the doctor once a year, she says that there's nothing wrong with me. So, the only thing I want this medical alert device is because I live alone and I never know when an accident will occur. So I would also be prepared if anything should happen. Since having it, I have been able to feel safer with Lively. And I like being able to feel safe.

It's also very comfortable and convenient. I wear it where nobody can come and snag it off my neck. I see people with them hanging on their neck. I don't like that so I tuck mine in the bra. One time I was in an area that I'm not familiar with to get my nails done. I looked at my phone and it says where I am. It gave me the address and showed me the little shopping area I was in. I like that they're keeping up with me. I would like for other elderly people like myself to be able to know that there's help out there for them. And I have gotten other elderly people to get Lively because we need it.

I have only had the phone a month and has not worked well at all. I have called Great Call at least 10 times. I have done what they told me to do. Every time they say to take out battery and then put it back in, I have been charging it over night. It still freezes up and when I shut the phone the dial tone is still on. One person said "you have to hit no to get the dial tone off." Then the next person said "you have to hit no twice to get it to stop." Then the next person said "you should just have to shut it to get the dial tone off." This morning I had to take the battery out once again to get it on stick, ridiculous. My husband is going to call again this morning, hopefully they will send us a replacement.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother's Lively device has been very good for her in the 2 years that she had it. The only problem she's had with the necklace was that the device was falling off. But she was able to get it back on the chain. When she called the Lively team one time, everything went fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been fortunate that I haven't had to use it. But I've had Lively for quite a while and I don't go anywhere without it. I'm very comfortable with it. I feel good about it. It's the second medical alert device I've had. I would've still had my first one but I wanted to go to wireless, and that was on the landline. And I was told at that time that there was none of them that could go on a cellphone. And then I saw an advertisement on television and it showed that Lively was doing everything out of the home. So, I got this one. I have a heart problem and live alone, so my kids insisted I get one. The device fits in the palm of my hands and I just have it either in my purse or pocket. I really want it to be with me now. I've grown on it. I'm happy with Lively, and my kids feel more comfortable that I have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lose balance so I got a Lively a medical alert device. In case I fall, I have somebody to call. It's plugged in and it's easy to use. My aunt was asking about it because she has one and she wondered how it was. I told her it was good. I recommend Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother and I both feel better since she had GreatCall Lively. Her most recent difficulty was breaking her tibia and her fibula at 92. She literally just came out of rehab from the hospital and surgery. We haven't had to use it but I appreciate the ability to get somebody on the line immediately to dispatch first responders. I also believe that mom can even have somebody else answer a call on her behalf so that she can alert somebody.

Lively Mobile Company Profile