Lively Mobile

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreatCall was on the AARP magazine and then when they came out with the new device and the Splash price went down, it was the right time for me to buy it. When I surveyed all of the different devices similar to GreatCall, in my opinion, they offer the best service by far. I'm registered and I check if the device works and keep the battery up. But currently, I do not keep it on that often because I have another alarm system that also offered a pendant similar to the GreatCall, except that it went into the alarm system and it has no way to charge or replace it when the battery ran down. So as soon as my contract expires, we won't deal with the other alarm system anymore because they sold me something that can't be fixed. So I know that I will need to use the GreatCall more in the future. But so far, I'm very happy with reading the documentation and I've also read that their response time is very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a problem with my balance, and I’m at home by myself. Also, if I don’t have a cane or a walker with me when I go outside, I’ll fall down very easily. So, I needed a medical alert device. Since using my Lively Mobile, I feel more at ease and I don’t worry about being home alone. In addition, I don’t worry about going outside and falling. I have never been unable to get up and I’ve never gotten hurt, but my device gives me a little bit of extra security. I feel very safe with it. I like my device because I don’t have to wear it hanging around my neck all the time. I don’t mind doing that at home, but I am not going out in public with a thing hanging around my neck. With the pocket clip, I can put it right in my pocket and keep them. The people at Lively have been so nice, too. Whenever I bumped it a bit, they answer the call and they have been very patient. Overall, my experience has been great and I have recommended it to several of my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have trouble walking with my knees and my children decided I needed a medical alert device. They were afraid that I would fall down and nobody would be there to help me so my son got the Lively Mobile for me. They get quite a kick out of it because they always know where I am. I always have it with me. I got the necklace and I don't like necklaces much and it really does annoy me when I get it around my neck because it's big. But I can just tolerate it so long on my neck and then I take it off and always have it close by. It's just a smart thing to have. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 76, living alone, and on oxygen. I also have both knees replaced and one of them didn't work out too well and doesn't operate very well. So my kids worry about if I would fall down or something would happen when they're not around so they encouraged me to think about getting a medical alert device and I finally got Lively Mobile.

Now, I always wear it especially when I go out and I feel better but when my kids are over and visiting, I might take it off and put it in the charger. I have learned to do different things with it. For example, I put it inside my clothes when washing my face or brushing my teeth so that way it doesn't hang forward. Or if I was cooking at the stove, I would do the same thing so it doesn't get in the way but it's still right there. Once, I was cooking and the frying pan handle leaned in to the button and called the place. The woman who responded was extremely nice and reassuring. I said sorry and explained and she said that it was okay and that they're glad I was all right. I'm glad I have Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Legionella Pneumonia and I had fallen every now and then. My son decided I needed an alert device because I was off my mind so he got me one and set it all up for me. I wasn't falling a lot back then but with Lively Mobile, I feel more assurance. I wear it on a rope type of necklace. The only thing is every now and then it rubs in. I'm also somewhat concerned that originally they said it was $19.99 and now it's $27.99.

I've only had to use it once or twice, but it was very good and it did the job. The button is also easy to push. The people at Lively Mobile did not take long to answer and they were also very nice and walked me all the way through everything that was happening. I recommended it to a friend and she got one. To my knowledge she still has it. In fact, I went to her house one time and pressed my button just so she knew how it worked outside of the house because everybody says it doesn't work outside. Lively got some newer designs and it'd be nice if they'd update me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm all alone and my concerns are if I need some help, I have nobody to help me. So that's why I have the GreatCall. The representative was very good. I accidentally pressed the button and somebody said, "Oh, may I help you?" I said that it was an accident and the rep verified it with me. She also mentioned my name which was very, very pleasing and comforting. I wear the Lively Mobile all the time. I put it in the shower under my seat and I take it out when I get out. I put it next to my bed every night in its little charger and I get up in the morning and I put it on. I also put it in my bra where I have room in there. It's very comfortable that I don't know it's there. I like it very much and I have already recommended it to two people. The only thing is that I was supposed to get $25 off and I never got it, even after several months.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm diabetic and I babysit with my grandkids. I wanted mobile medical alert system because I have one that goes with my house alarm. But that device was just for my property line and it wouldn't go any further. I thought I need something if I'm going to be gone away. Then I called Lively Mobile. I would definitely recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 85 years old and I’m not steady on my feet. And then a year ago, I took a bad fall so I thought getting a medical alert device would be a good idea because I go out around my yard. I got Lively Mobile and it is more reassuring to me that the button is there if I needed help. I wear the device all the time and it seems to be working fine. My sister-in-law recommended it, and she has used hers a couple of times on account of falling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I use a motorized chair. I can stand up, but I have a hard time and I’d fall. And, I’m usually by myself during the day so I got a Lively Mobile. My husband set everything up for me. I accidentally pressed the button once and they responded very quickly. So, I know if I really have to use it, they’re there. I feel better knowing I have it. It’s safe and it’s really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m retired and I’m here at home alone during the day, so I needed to get a medical alert device. I then got one from Lively. I’m wearing it, and it’s very comfortable. I haven’t had to use it, but I feel I’m reassured when I’m wearing it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got diabetes and heart problems so I got Lively and it's my first medical alert service. It was the cheapest and I charge it every night. So far, everything's good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I have a large house and yard so I do a lot of things outside where I'm not near a phone, hence I needed some way to get attention if I have a problem. One of my friends has a Lively medical alert device and she's quite pleased with it so I followed her suggestion. I wear my Lively device every day and I haven't had to use it so I'm doing all the right things. I tuck it in my bra so it's easy to wear and I don't really know that it's there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We thought my husband might need a medical alert device because he had two bypass surgeries within five months and we were concerned. He doesn’t have a cellphone on him so we ordered a Lively Mobile. It was 2.5 years ago and he hasn't been using it lately. He takes the dog for a ride in the morning and I tell him he should take it and wear it, but he doesn’t remember to do it. We’re thinking about cancelling it and seeing if he needs it some time in the future. But it's a very good service for someone who needs it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m having a little bit of physical problems and I thought that getting a medical alert device would be a good thing to have because I live by myself. I went with Lively because of the price. It’s a pushbutton and I carry it with my keychain on my everyday outings. I haven’t had to use it but it’s still working. That’s a good thing. It makes me feel like I'm not alone completely, that I have somebody I can depend on. I will recommend it to any senior citizen past 70 because it gives that security that I can always get help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 72 and I'm very active. I do a lot of volunteer work but people wanted me to get a medical alert device because sometimes I get dizzy, so I got one from Lively. I had problems getting hooked up. I thought when I bought it that they would do it for me but they didn't. I had to call and then they would tell me what to do but I had a hard time so I had to have a neighbor do it and I wasn't too happy about that. In fact, I'm dissatisfied with the experience and I thought of sending it back at that point. I haven't used the device and I don't even wear it but I carry it in my pocket in case I need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

GreatCall has a decent price. I'm 74, I don't take too many chances that's why I have their medical alert device. If a person is older, with each passing year they should consider having a medical alert device a necessity and not a frou-frou offering, it's important. My daughter would press the button of the device and the paramedics would take care of me and it has happened twice in two years. They came quickly. When my daughter is not home I sometimes get a little skittish especially if the weather's bad. For instance I was dizzy and they gave me Diclocin and I was able to get away from the dizzy spells.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughters said I had to have a medical alert device. I have fallen before and the paramedics were here but I found out what I should say when I fall but not hurt. I should say I need assistance and that I can't get up. But I got a really nice walker, a small wheelchair and got the Lively Mobile. My son-in-law took care of getting this for me. He called me up and said to get it on my neck. He can see it on his iPad or iPod.

The one time that I used my alert it was a gentleman that was on and he was very nice. He called back again and asked if I'm sure that I'm okay. I appreciated his help. A couple of days ago, I had my alert on the pin that I put on there because a friend of mine came and stayed overnight so I didn't have it on. Then the next day, as I had to put it on, it started beeping. Then come closer in the evening, the green light and a red one start up. So I can't put it on. I should have more charge so I could use it longer but it doesn't. Also, I'm sorry that they didn't get a watch when they bought it for me because that would be great when I go to church. But other than that, it's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lively is real good and I'm very satisfied with it. I needed a medical alert device in case I fall outside, and now I don’t worry about it anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell and my husband and I had trouble getting a hold of my daughter so we got a medical alert device. We can maintain our independence much longer than necessary with Lively Mobile. The machine came apart when we were trying to put it on, and their reps called us since they thought it was an emergency. They were very quick, helpful, pleasant, and it went very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband has Parkinson’s and I was concerned about him falling when I’m away in town or not available immediately. We got Lively so that it would alert me or one of our family members if something were to happen. Also, we went with this service because it was referred by a close friend who fell and got help through that device. I feel more secure with it. My husband uses it when I’m gone. The device has a little case that goes in his pocket and my concern is that if he falls and it’s in there, he can’t get it and maybe he wouldn’t be able to alert Lively. I mentioned to him that he should have something where he could put it on a wristband like a wristwatch and I think that would be more accessible, but I don’t know if that’s available to order. But so far, we’re very well satisfied and I have recommended Lively to a friend.

I bought a Great Call Lively for my husband about two weeks ago after he became lost while driving home after dark about three weeks ago. I bought it at Walmart and got it activated that day then charged it overnight. But it wouldn't stay charged but about 4 to 6 hours, so I called and talked to a representative and she said was that she was going to update it and if that didn't help to return it to where I bought it which I did. All the information was transferred to new device and again charged for overnight but this one is doing the same and only stays charged for half a day. I like the device but it really isn't doing us much good if it won't stay charged longer than that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before using Lively, I was using another medical alert device. I needed one because I'm old and there's a chance I could fall. My daughter talked to me about Lively and she wanted me to switch. So I ordered it and I have gotten a little bit more independent since using it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 65 years old and I'm pretty healthy, but I have fallen at times in the past. It would be a problem since I live alone and so I used GreatCall Splash. I feel safer in general with it while I'm in my home. I also feel that it gives me a little bit more assurance if something happens I would be able to press the button. I use it when I go out and get the mail from the mailbox and I don’t wear it when I'm out with other people.

I've had some problems with the system at times and I get really irritated about how long it takes for me to call. I have the cord which has fall detection and a lanyard that came apart. It gets and stays wet. I tried to be very gentle with it, but the cord came out of the clasp a lot. It falls apart sometimes after a month. Then I have to wait 30 minutes to tell them about it. The guy told me to shut off the phone and I wasn’t thinking that I was talking to him. I hit the call button so he called in, then I canceled the call and turned off the phone thinking that it was fine because the guy told me to do so. Then they called my sister in Illinois to ask how I am and then they gave her a phone number to call back, and it was their line that takes 30 minutes and she was panicking the whole time, something was wrong.

They canceled my fall detection until the lanyard came in the mail. One time they sent me the wrong one and they had to send another. Then it takes a week to get it because usually it’ll happen on Friday and I’d get another one in the mail on Tuesday of the next week, so it irritated me that that the fall detection gets cut off every time. I have to call back to get it enabled and I'm on the phone for another 30 minutes. When it came on, I tried to cancel it, and I still got somebody calling. But I left it for a few seconds because I should talk to them so they don’t screw up about me canceling this. I was told I should cancel it, but I let them come on because I wanted to make sure I talk to somebody so they won’t panic my sister in Illinois about it.

Then the phone has been acting a little strange in the last few days. I was lying down watching TV and I just moved the bed and all of a sudden it said that it’s connecting to GreatCall, the fall detection enabled out of nowhere. I didn’t know it had shut off or it came back on so I've been a little worried about it, it isn't working right.

Also, they should also have something on a device that’s supposed to be able to take in the shower and a cord that is waterproofed. Also, the battery on the fall detection is ridiculous. Sometimes it goes off if I sit up early and stay up really late. It only goes for around 20 hours at a time. They need to get better batteries as it has been one reason where I'm considering of using a different service. I have had a number of irritating things with their customer service, the wait times on the line and the product. However, I'm keeping the service because it's relatively cheap and it gives me some peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 and work out on a garden. There were times that I have to go down the basement and right now, the driveway is very slippery, so I was worried about crawling. I could get up if everything was alright but no one would ever find me down the basement if something happened down there and I have a very big yard. Lively was recommended to me and I went and bought it. I put the device in a pocket of my coat in the winter and in the summer, I wear it on the carrier that they sent to me with the button on the back of my jeans. It's very comfortable to wear. If I pushed the button and held it, 911 would know that something was wrong and they would come and find me. It gives me confidence particularly to go outside.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in an isolated area and I'm alone much of the time so I got a medical alert device. I can reach it if I need to. I travel a lot but I know my Lively device is hooked up to cellular towers so I'm covered no matter where I go. Lively is the best out there because it's not like other alert systems wherein one has to be home. So far, it's been excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen a few times and broke my hip so I got GreatCall Lively and it gives peace of mind to my daughter and some of my friends more than it does to me. I'm not afraid, but they're afraid for me to stay at the house by myself. I wear my medical alert device all the time but I take it off at night. It fits the purpose. It's been very satisfactory to me and I'm happy with Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's a comfort to know that I have Lively and that I can use it if I need it. I live alone and one day I was tending a room that I couldn’t get out of. The lock on the door broke and I wished I would have taken my alarm with me. It certainly would have been handy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm happy with Lively. I feel more secure having it and it’s something that’s handy to have. I get more relaxed and don’t worry about falling over dead in my house and nobody finding me. I have fallen different times before so I need it. When I go out by myself, I have it on and if something might happen, I have something I can use to call for help. I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Lively medical alert device that I got because I had two knee replacements is convenient and comfortable to wear. Though I haven't had to use it, it would be easy if I need to. I would recommend Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don’t walk too well so I have to use a wheelchair and my family was afraid that when I went out to get the mail at the mailbox I would fall and then I would be outside and couldn’t get to a phone. Thus, I needed a medical device. I feel that Lively is something a person needs because I'm living by myself and I have a couple of steps I have to go up and down to get the paper. I feel more secure with it and happen to have a little phone stuck in a pocket somewhere.

Lively Mobile Company Profile