4.50/5
Based on 256 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Video
Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

1085 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I've had two strokes and I've had trouble with falling since then. Having my Lively Mobile feels like I'm not by myself and I have somebody looking after me. If I get sick, I can alert somebody. It's comfortable and easy to use. I would refer Lively Mobile to others.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I'm 83 years old and I live by myself. My children wanted me to get a medical alert device. I had MobileHelp before and it was over $400 a year. The last time I called them for anything, the guy was very rude so I just got rid of them. I had all kinds of excuses not to get a medical alert device. But GreatCall was very inexpensive and does the same thing as the big high dollar ones do. The only problem I had with them is that I never know how much money they're taking out in my account. It's supposed to be $24 a month, but when I got my bank statement for last month, they had taken out $21. For the last three months, the amount was different than what I put in because they lowered it. So this time I didn't put anything and I would wait until I get my bank statement and then put it in.

The Lively reps were nice when they called me. However, the little thing with a button on it that they sent me wouldn't work. I sent that back to them and they sent me another one, and it was already programmed and ready to go. Other than that, they're really good. Even though I have a neighbor that would be right here the minute I told her that I don't feel good, I just feel good to know that I can call Lively especially in the middle of the night if I'm having a problem.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My husband had fallen a few times outside and since he got Lively Mobile I feel a little safer leaving him. Their service has been real good. We had a service before that didn't work at all. I would recommend Lively Mobile to a friend. It's a little pricey but it would make you feel more secure.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I was living all alone after my husband passed away. I have very serious arthritis and the doctor asked me to use a cane walking all the time and now they want me to use a walker. I’m susceptible to a fall, so I’m very, very careful. I wear very strong low heel shoes, and I thought that the medical device is the best thing and it’s in my purse all the time. Even if I ride in somebody else’s car, it's with me in case there was an accident and I was involved in anybody. I've never had to use my Lively Mobile, but I hit the button by mistake when I was unplugging the charge and the emergency came by right on and asked if I needed help. Then I told them that I just hit the button by mistake. I charge it every night and I'm satisfied with it. I would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I’m 101 years old and I live alone. A friend told me about Lively Mobile and I called them. They set up a service for me and I’ve had it for about three years. The customer service is very good and they told me exactly what to do. I wear the device around my neck and having it does not bother me at all. I fell and broke my hip the other night but I forgot to push the button. I’m getting well now and everyday was taken care of anyway. Also, I told a friend to get Lively Mobile and have recommended them to two people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I had another medical alert and I got Lively Mobile, which I like much more. The other one would go off when I was in another room and they were going to send an ambulance to my house and I didn’t even know it had gone off. But they had some good points, too. My dog had stepped on it while I was driving and we were out walking and they sent a police after me, so that was good. With Lively Mobile, there was one time I leaned over the cabinet and set the device off and they called me right directly instead of other numbers, and they asked if I was okay. I told them I was fine and I must’ve just hit my button. So, I’ve been very pleased with it and it’s easy to wear and most of the time, I remember to keep it on me.

I've been a lot more confident with my Lively Mobile. I’ve been sick for a whole week now with the stomach flu, and I've had it right with me so I knew that I could call someone if I had any real big problems. And that is encouraging. I’m 90 years old and I still drive and so I keep it on me when I drive. It's wonderful when we can keep on driving. And I also go to the spa and keep it on me when I do therapy there. I would recommend Lively Mobile to anyone who would ask me about it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I’ve had a couple of seizures and to avoid any possibility of falling, I decided to get a medical alert device just to make sure. I feel more independent with my Lively Mobile device. Although I’m not always successful in wearing it every day, but I really try especially when I’m outside driving. I need to make sure I have it with me at all times so that when I’m walking, I’ll have it. And their team has been helpful. I had an issue three months ago and this was able to help me right away. It’s been a very reliable and great service and we’ll continue to use it. It has provided me a lot more security for my own well-being as well as those who would be trying to get into my house if I had to. I would be telling my friends that Lively Mobile's a really good thing for someone who is a little bit unstable on their feet and may need to have help if they don’t want to fall or if they do, they'd want to make sure that they have help right away.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I have some type of pain in my right hip, so it is very difficult for me to walk and I have to use a walker everywhere I go. One time, I stubbed my toe and I fell in my bedroom. I didn’t have enough strength to get myself up, so I called my friend who lives close to me and she got somebody to help me. I live by myself and I knew I needed to get a medical alert device after that. I collected information on every medical alert button and I started calling people, and the price was off-the-wall. I saw the ad of Lively Mobile and it was $14.99 at that time, and now its $19.99. But that’s still a drop in the bucket compared to these other places. They have a very affordable plan.

I carry the device with me everywhere I go in case something happens again. I clip it on the walker which is low enough that I can reach it. If I go someplace, I’d stick the device in my purse and it’s right on my shoulder also. The device went dead one time and I couldn’t get it back. I called their reps and they talked me through it, and I got it going. I asked the girl on what I should do and she told me to charge it every night no matter what, so I charge it right by my bed and it’s on a low stand that if I’m on the floor, I can still reach it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I’m taking care of my husband who is in a hospice right now. He won't be able to do anything as far as call somebody if needed. Also, I have a little sciatic nerve in my back, so I’m always afraid. And sometimes, I simply stop breathing and then I start breathing again after about 30 seconds, and that’s hard. With the Lively Mobile, I feel better about getting up in the middle of the night and having the device in my pajama bottom pocket because if I fall, I could always call somebody and let them know. Their reps have been very nice. I've dialed accidentally a couple of times and they said, "That's okay, we’ll eliminate that."

It gives me a little bit of security and it’s good to have at night. It’s really a valuable piece of equipment but that little snap on the back does not work. It keeps coming off. It’s very hard to find a chain anywhere because I have to have the snap on the back to put the chain on. That is so inconvenient that I don’t wear it during the day. But I’m thinking about changing because I would like to have something that I can carry with me all the time.

Lively Mobile response

Hi Ann, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. If you believe the device is not attaching properly, please follow up with our Customer Service Department at 1-800-733-6632 between 6am to 7pm, Monday – Saturday, Pacific Time.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I’m 91 years old and I live alone, and it's nice to know that Lively Mobile is there if I need it. I feel more secure with it. I don't even remember that the device is there half the time. They don’t check in though to see that it still works and I guess that as long as it’s blinking, it’s still working. Overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I have a metal roof on my house and I was with Life Alert before. The cell tower that they use is up in the hills and I had to get a booster from AT&T in order to use it. I did not like it because it wouldn't let me use it when I needed it the most. I saw Lively Mobile in the AARP magazine and I did my own research and found out that their tower is about a mile and a half from me, so I didn’t need to have a booster. I've used the device accidentally and when I want to make sure it's still operating properly. And they respond immediately.

I'm 80 years old and I know I needed a help button. Lively Mobile's price was right, and having it made my children have peace of mind that their mama is doing what she needs to do. I've recommended Lively Mobile to several of my friends in my age bracket and they are now with them too. So I'm waiting for a rebate from them because one of my best friends signed up.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I wound up with a cellulitis infection in both legs and was in very bad shape. And sometimes I’d fall, so having a medical alert device would be more on the safe card. I had more security since having Lively Mobile. If I go to the farm and I'm alone out there, I got something in case something happens. One time, I was wearing it and pushed it against the car and it was set off. I had to tell the people from Lively Mobile not to come and that nothing was wrong. If I’m around the house, I don’t wear it. But when I have it on, it's light and I forget that I have it. Overall, it's been a good experience with Lively Mobile.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I was walking to my car and doing fine. I didn't even know that I fell and it was a few minutes later that I remembered coming out of it and thinking to myself, "Well, I'd better see if I can get up off of this cement." I open my eyes and there was a medical firm and he had an ambulance there. When I was about 14 and I went to town, I was at the Masonic girls meeting that we had. I could remember, I was one of the people that worked in the room. We were standing up and I looked at the girl next to me and I couldn't see her. I turned my head back and then I turned and looked back at her and I said, "I can't see you." Then I fell on the floor and they took me out. That was the first time I had anything similar to that when I was 14.

My son-in-law went out and bought me Lively Mobile. We'd been talking about it for a long time with the family. When I go to bed, I take my GreatCall Lively off. I have a little pillow beside me and I put this right on top of that. If I get up in the morning or during the night, I'll reach and get it. Then I'll put it on. I figured I wasn't sure if I'd be laying on it if it would hurt or what. It's been working okay for me. Since I've had the device, I have not fallen and I'm very careful about it.

I may have hit something wrong when I first got the device. But Lively called and it's very good. Sometimes they're checking it because they'll tell me that it got accidentally pushed. "Please push out if you don't want help." That's been three times this week. I was just wearing it and not doing anything. Then it came on. I figured it also goes with their manning of the condition of the device and how they're keeping track of each person that has one of these. I'm not worried about it and I figured it just goes with the territory.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I belong to the organization, Immanuel PACE, and they had given me a medical alert device but it only worked here in the apartment. And I found Lively Mobile at Wal-Mart and it’s good all over and I have had zero issues. I had to learn how to plug the little dog in at night because I need to hold them outright to get it to work. But I'm getting along fine with it now. I wear the device all of the time during the day but I don't leave it on at night. It is the most reasonable, all-inclusive medical alert system that I've ever seen and I'm very happy with it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I’m 92 and I’ve taken some falls. That is why I got Lively Mobile. I once fractured a hip and I was just standing in line with my cane and down I went, and that alerted me that I needed to do something. Since I got the device, I have felt pretty good most of the time and felt safer too. The team I dealt with was great. They were here promptly and everything was fine. The only thing I don’t like about it is it has to be charged every night, which is kind of a pain. It’s above my bed, so I can reach it easily because I have to get it when I go to the bathroom at night -- I put it on every time I go. I’m satisfied for the most part. I have also told my friends why I got it and that it was convenient for me, and that they responded immediately when I called.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Betty, The charge time is approximately 90 minutes. We do encourage customers to charge the device every night. The battery can be charged overnight (longer than 4 hours), without damaging the battery. If the concern is forgetting to pick up device when needing to use the restroom at night. It is perfectly fine to wear device while sleeping. However, you will need to charge device sometime during the day. Therefore, most customers will setup charging cradle by a TV stand or kitchen counter, where they can charge device during the day and have it in reach.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

At the time I got Lively, I was just coming out of a serious illness and I was very unsteady on my feet, especially while walking. And then I got macular degeneration which caused my eyesight to be very limited. I have very low vision so I use Lively for that and I'm very satisfied with it. I tested it when I first got it and they responded right away. I don’t need it here in the house at this point, but I use it when I go out and it gives me a little more assurance that I have it because I am still unsteady on my feet. The only thing I didn’t like was that I ended up paying more for it than what I was told when I ordered it. Their reason was the taxes in Pennsylvania, which they never even mentioned when I got it. But I have recommended it to others.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

My friend went and got Lively Mobile when I came home from the nursing home thinking, I should have it.I’m paying a pr etty good price for it every month. I wore it once or twice in the house but I don’t like that light that flashes all the time. You can’t hardly cover it up and I don’t like people see it flashing. The button might have gone when I was moving it but nobody came on.

Lively Mobile response

Hello, Charolet. We are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The Service indicator appears under the call button and is either white or red. The white flashing light is the indication you have good cellular coverage. A red flashing light indicates No cellular coverage. If you believe the device is not working properly, please follow up with our Customer Service Department at 1-800-733-6632 between 6am to 7pm, Monday – Saturday, Pacific Time.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have pulmonary hypertension and I get short of breath real easy, so I have trouble walking. One day, I turned my phone off and my daughter and my wife were trying to get a hold of me. They couldn't get a hold of me, and it scared them. They were both ready to leave work and come home to see if I was okay. And so, I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to have a medical alert device. I'd seen a commercial of Lively that you could go anywhere with it, and I'd always watched the guy that was on the commercial with his program. I trust him, so I figured it would be a good one to get.

I wear the Lively device every day. I get up in the morning and when I get dressed, it goes right on until I go to bed. One time, my granddaughter was over here and somehow, she ended up pushing the button. It went off and the reps were right on there. They asked me if I was okay and I said my granddaughter pushed the button by accident. There are several companies out there, but I've always had good luck with Lively. They're great people and I couldn't speak more highly of them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

My husband was working by himself all the time. He got the Lively Mobile in case something happened. The device has been great. But my husband is retired now so he doesn’t wear it anymore. He’s not on roofs anymore or working by himself. I knew a girl who was interested in getting a medical alert for her grandfather, so I told them Lively Mobile works.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I got a Lively Mobile because it’ll go outside my home, and I feel more comfortable now than I did before. I hang it around my neck and away I go. I appreciate the fact that Lively Mobile has the device and in fact, I have told people about it. Also, the reps I've spoken over the phone were very courteous.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I'm pretty happy with Lively Mobile and I would recommend it. I don't use it but I have it with me most of the time. In case I would fall, I could call someone. I usually have it close at hand because I'm very unsteady on my feet sometimes. At first, I didn't recommend it because I had so much trouble getting established. It took a little bit of doing to get it changed over from my husband having it to having my name on it, but it was settled in. However, they went up on their price since I took it out. I would like to know if that's going to happen all the time because it comes out of the daily funds that I have. I've been kind of pricing it with other ones. The only thing I really like about the Lively Mobile from GreatCall is that it's good no matter where I go. And the only thing I do not like about it is the cord that's on it. It's a very heavy and a clumsy cord.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I am alone and I got Lively Mobile. I'm happy with my experience but half the time I forget to wear it and so far, I haven't done anything with it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I keep my Lively Mobile device on me all the time. And I feel happy because I feel safe with it. I am 95 and when you get that old, you fall over, so it is something to have in case something happens. I’m satisfied with Lively Mobile.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I am alone and I have to be taken care of by two people but they’re not with me all the time. They’re worried that I fall quite a bit and hurt myself ‘cause I’d had a stroke. I'm also easy to fall and so I carry my Lively Mobile in my pocket everywhere I go. If I have any problem, I could call them. Their names, addresses and phone numbers are on the device. It is good to have it so that I know I come protected. I’d be very lonely without it. My children are back in the East Coast and I have to have it here with me to protect myself.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I don’t get around very good and I fall and need some help. The kids have been trying to get me to get a medical alert before but I didn’t do it. They decided I was going to have one and got the Lively Mobile for me. The device is a necklace that goes over my head and doesn’t bother me. It’s very good and I've used it one time. I slipped off the bed and then sat down on the floor. I didn’t get hurt, but there wasn’t anything I could get a hold of to get up. I pressed the button and talked to somebody. I don’t hear very good and I had a little trouble understanding them but they knew what I was saying. They came in about 10 minutes and helped me get up. I’m really glad I got Lively Mobile.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My husband was very sick and he needed a medical alert device. We got him a Lively Mobile but he passed away and I am keeping it for myself now. I feel more worry-free since I have it around my neck when I go to bed at night and during the day if I’m having trouble. I’ve got a crushed disc on my back and some days I don’t walk very good. And with the Lively Mobile, I feel like I can move around the house and go outside because I have a way to get ahold of somebody. Sometimes I wish I would’ve got the one around my wrist but I’m comfortable with what I’ve got. I’ve told a lot of people about it. Their team was also very friendly when I got to talk to them. But I never knew how to put other people’s telephone numbers in there and I need to set that up.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Kathryn, At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. Our award-winning U.S.-based customer service team stands ready to assist you. You do have the option to wear the Lively Mobile on the Lanyard or around your wrist. The wristband is made from a soft yet durable thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) that is non-irritating for sensitive skin. The 5/8 inch wide band is fully adjustable to accommodate wrist circumferences from 5 to 7 1/2 inches. Available in gray. Not compatible with Fall Detection service. To add Emergency Contacts to your 5Star Profile, please log into your GreatCall account or Call our Customer Service Department at 1(800) 733-6632.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I find myself most of the time working with my 10 dogs. I'm also 80 years old, so I got the Lively Mobile device. However, I charge it once a day but it runs out before I put it back in. I would really like it if I wouldn’t have to charge it.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Mary, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. Most devices stay charged up to 24hours, however, signal strength and some active services may cause the battery to drain faster. We do recommend that the Lively Mobile be charged daily, for at least 90 minutes and it can be charged overnight as you cannot over charge it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My kids got me a Lively Mobile. I have it around my neck and it’s pretty comfortable that I forget I have it on.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I used my Lively Mobile for three months, but I had my son disconnect the service for me because I had another one that includes the monitor for fire and something else. I never had to use my Lively Mobile medical alert button, but I had it with me on. And I was happy that I had it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I fell and was unconscious when I hit the floor, and after that, my family decided and I agreed I needed an alert device. I bought the Lively necklace and I sent it back because it wasn’t working. I got something else, and then I decided the previous one was better, so I got it back and it works so I kept it. I wear it and it’s comfortable because if you don’t wear it around your neck, it’s not the fault of the device if it goes off.

Lively Mobile Company Information

www.greatcall.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use