4.60/5
Based on 256 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Video
Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

1121 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Since using Lively Mobile, I feel more comfortable. I live by myself and having a medical alert device is very important. The only thing that was distracting at times was when the little white light goes off. The light tells me I'm in touch with somebody. But it would be better if it was a little less bright.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I live by myself and I had fallen a couple of times a year ago. One was pretty serious. I didn’t break any bones but I had an internal problem that I wasn’t aware of. When I landed in the hospital, they searched to see what the cause was and I had a gallbladder stone wedged in the duct that goes to the small intestine. There was no way I could have been aware of something like that and after that, I got the GreatCall Lively Mobile device. I try to wear it every day and it’s kind of a nuisance because you can’t wear a necklace or put one over, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. Plus I feel much more confident in being by myself because of one of its features that is so important. I can call if I hear somebody trying to break into the house or they can find me wherever I am. It’s not just for falling down or breaking a bone. But I can also fall and not even need to press the button. If I’m unconscious, they would know it and they would come.

One time, I was leaning over trying to brush up a cat hair from the laundry room and the longer I stayed in that position, the further down I went. All of a sudden, I was sitting on the floor. I tried everything but I couldn’t get myself off the floor. I tried the sink but it was too high to get any leverage. So I pressed Lively Mobile and called, and they came right away. I told them I was not hurt and that I just needed to get up. They asked me to sign something since I didn’t want to go to the hospital.

There was another time that I had the device in my coat pocket. I put it on the back of the chair and went outside to do something. All of a sudden, an ambulance came and they were ready with their kits. I was so embarrassed because I had no idea that I had accidentally pressed the button. But the people who responded were very polite and they told me that they were glad I was okay. I’ve recommended Lively Mobile to many people and two of them purchased one.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I’m a senior and I live alone and I’ve been thinking about a medical alert device for some time so I finally decided to do it. I dealt with the team at Lively Mobile a couple of times and made test calls to see if they could tell where I am but I’m not happy with the results. When I got the unit, part of the sign-up program was telling them addresses like where I live and different places. I tried it from my house and I assume that when they knew the area that I was in it was correct that time but if I was a few blocks away, I still wouldn't be in the area of the same cell phone tower and I don't think they'd know.

I also tried if they could locate me when I was parked on the main street right in front of the post office there in Grants Pass. I’m a snowbird and I go to Grants Pass in the summer. They first came up with a location of an intersection of two highways and it was about a mile and a half away from where I actually was. They asked me if I was there in the last couple of minutes and I said “No, I’m parked,” so then they started looking around the area of parking lots. “Were you in this parking lot or that parking lot,” and “No, I’m parked on the street in front of the post office," and they finally got into a point that was the parking lot that was right across the street from the post office. I practically guided them right through it and it boiled down that they couldn’t find me and even the parking lot across the street. If I had been unconscious in my vehicle they wouldn’t have found me.

I tried it a year later. I was out on the interstate highway and pulled over to a roadside rest. There was a cell tower right there at the rest which is why they were able to find the spot that I was in. I asked the person, “If I was 10 miles down the road somewhere, then you really wouldn’t know where I was,” and he said, “No.” I was expecting they could locate me better than that so I’m a little disappointed. It would have been quicker for me to dial 911 than it would be to call them. But I can see some circumstances where it would be beneficial and still kept the unit.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

A couple of weeks ago, my hot water heater went out in the garage and my son came by. He took the old one out and put a new one in. I was running around the garage without my walker and I fell down behind him. When I went down, he turned around and kept my head from hitting a cabinet. He talked to the Lively Mobile team on the cellphone while I was talking to them on the necklace, and it was pretty good. Lively Mobile is on my neck everyday and it serves its purpose.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Our mother will be 92 next week. She has poor hearing but she’s in good health and she lives by herself in a retirement home. She has the Lively Mobile with her in case she has an emergency. We really like it for her and the device gives her peace of mind. The device is quite appropriate for her and she has it on a little necklace. It’s very light and it’s not cumbersome. It’s easy for her to handle. She takes it with her when she leaves her apartment and goes to the laundry so she feels she can call somebody if anything should happen. It works out well. But she sometimes forgets to recharge. Other than that, she says the unit itself is fine and she’s very happy with it. Also, the Lively Mobile reps have been awesome. They have been very helpful and have always been sweet and kind.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My mother is going to be 92, and a year ago, we got Lively Mobile for her after she fell and ended up in the hospital. She fell in the bathroom and couldn’t get up for an hour to let us know that she fell. She lives in a senior complex and there is a cord there but she couldn’t reach it to call for help. My brother who lives in Florida asked me to find out where we could get a medical alert device at the best price. Our mother looked up Lively Mobile and it was the one that she wanted so we went with that one.

I have the app downloaded on my phone and it tells me when she leaves the house, when she comes home and everything she does in her building. The only time the device is being used outside of her building is when I pick her up and I don’t do that very often because I do all her shopping, or she goes with the seniors to one of their events outside the building. This one is $31 a month and we’re hesitating even to renew it because it's pricey. Still, I would absolutely recommend Lively Mobile to somebody.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My son got the Lively Mobile device for me when he came to visit me and he takes care of the bills. He knew I was alone and I have just a little old folk’s problem so I need one. I understand that if I push the button in the middle, they would answer. I would tell them what was going on, where I am and if they’d be able to get in in case it’s late ‘cause old folks lock up. It is very helpful to me because most of the time I’m alone. I just try not to forget it. I take my medicine and pin the device on me, and I scurry around. I get around pretty good.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My son is concerned about my health. I’m 85 years old and I don’t move around too well and I’m up north with my wife. Both of us have a little bit of memory problem. So my son bought a Lively Mobile. Before I had it I have fallen and had trouble getting up. I had to have help and it would have been a lot easier to just hit a button. Now I just carry that gadget around with me and plug it in when I have to. My son gets all the messages for the device. He knows exactly where I’m going all the time. He would see any response on it and he’s pretty quick to call. I would recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I'm in my 70's and I live by myself and my kids talked me into getting a Lively Mobile device. I wear it around my neck and I usually wear it inside of the house. It's good to know that I could just hit the button and get help. It's okay but a lot of times I don't notice I have it on. Also, the battery doesn't last all day. If I put it on in the morning, by evening it's done. If I want to take a shower, it's charging, and usually, that's when I want to have it on. Nonetheless, I'm happy with my Lively Mobile. It's not very pretty though. I should have checked other things out there that looked a little better. I've seen pictures of some that looked more attractive. So, it's a good idea to have something but not necessarily this one. I'd tell others to check around.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchased a medical alert device from Lively Mobile for preventive measures. I always wear it around my neck. I test it every once in a while. It's definitely a good device to have.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My son insisted that I have the Lively Mobile and I called twice to test it. The Lively Mobile team was very prompt and efficient. I wear the device around my neck and it is extremely comfortable. There’s a white light that goes off and on to let me know that I’m still in the territory. However, I frequently forget to take the device off when I go to the grocery store and I see people looking, and I’m sure they’re wondering why on earth I am beeping. Other than that, everything that I have gotten so far has been what I expected it to be and more. I’m a very happy customer and I have no hesitation to recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My husband passed away and I’m living alone. I’m in my 80’s now and I’m not as sure-footed as I used to be and I had fallen about two times. I thought that if I had the Lively Mobile, it would have been handy. It gives me a little more confidence and I wouldn’t go out on the ice or snow without it. I feel comfortable on ice days with it. I don’t wear it absolutely every day or carry it but I probably should. If I’m going to be away from the house, I want to be sure I have it especially on inclement weather days. I wear it around my neck and it doesn’t take up so much room that I’m uncomfortable with it. It’s just handy to have.

To make me feel better, I test it occasionally and it has always tested out just right. They say, “Do you need anything?” and I would say, “No. This is just a test. I want to be sure. I wasn’t sure that it was charged up enough.” Also, I have one friend that has a medical alert device that will only go to the length of a football field and that’s it. I told her that I feel comfortable with mine because the GPS on it follows me wherever I am so I would feel comfortable taking it on a vacation. Some of the medical alert devices don’t have that advantage, and that makes a big difference.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I lost my wife a couple of years ago and I was living by myself. I had some health problems and my son thought I needed one of those medical alert devices, so we got Lively Mobile. I’ve had the device for over a year now and I haven’t had an emergency since I had it, but I wear it every day and I’m proud of it. I tell a lot of people about it as it is a lot better than most. I live in a retirement center with about 250 old people. We have our own medical alert device here in the area but it’s no good if I get outside the building. It doesn’t protect me there. The Lively Mobile is expensive though and there are several on the market that’s cheaper.

I still drive and go out every day off to my retirement place where I live. I wear it underneath my shirt and it’s comfortable. I had incident where I went to the doctor, and I had to take electrocardiogram and I had to take all of my clothes off above my waist. When I put my clothes back on, I just left the device there and then I got called to my doctor’s office. An hour later, they called me and said I left my alert device at the doctor’s office. So I had to drive back and get it.

Lively Mobile has this fall device wherein when I fall, it automatically alerts someone. When I was out in the front yard about six months ago, I looked straight up into a tree and fell backward right on my butt and that set it off. The minute I hit the ground, someone from the headquarters called. He wanted to know if everything was okay or what was the problem. They had a good response. I’m well-pleased with it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My knees have just been operated on, and I fell down and I couldn’t get up. I had to roll all the way around the front of the house, so somebody could see me out there. A man came down the road and I waved at him, and then he got my son, my daughter and son-in-law to come and help me get up. So I got the Lively Mobile and I feel secure with it. I’m 88 years old and I don’t get out by myself very often, but I wear the Lively Mobile around my neck when I go somewhere. I don’t wear it at the house, but it’s right beside my bed. I’d recommend the Lively Mobile to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I feel somewhat secure when I have my Lively Mobile in my pocket. Once I had it in my pocket, I made a mistake and I got an answer from a nice male voice. I told them it was an error and I apologized. But I wish they would give me one for my wrist since they charged me all that money. When I first called Lively Mobile, I was told that what I would have to pay was just my fees for using it. I would not have to pay anything for installation. But I was charged on my Mastercard for over $100 and I didn’t like it. I tried to call but I never reached anybody. Some other companies keep calling me saying that they would give me one for the neck and one for the wrist, too, free of charge if I'd go with them. So I keep thinking about that and it’s for the same fees I’m paying.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Vertie, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The Lively Mobile can be worn around the neck or on the wrist depending on what Health & Safety Package you selected. Please follow up with our Customer Service Department at 1-800-733-6632 between 6am to 7pm, Monday – Saturday, Pacific Time, to ask about the wristband for the Lively Mobile.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have passed out at my children's house one time. We got home and found out that I needed to have a cardiac cath and they said I have to have a medical alert device so we got one from Lively Mobile. This device helps my children feel a little bit more secure that I have extra people watching out for me. The rep from Lively Mobile who I spoke with has helped me a lot. And with this device, all I have to do is just press the power button and it will recharge. The only thing I have against it is the light keeps flashing. It flashes right through my clothes. If people are with me, they see the light flashing on my chest. They're a little bit concerned. I have tried putting it on backward so that the light is against my skin. But I've gotten used to it and I'm contented to wear it. I take it to the shower and I like it. I would definitely recommend Lively Mobile to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had a stroke in 2016 and my kids had me get a Lively Mobile. I've recovered very well, but I'm very concerned. I live alone and I would have a problem. I wear my device around my neck and though I haven't had to use it, it has been okay.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I was diagnosed with stage four COPD recently. I also had a couple of exacerbations here in the house where I had to call 911. I figured that Lively Mobile was a good idea to have because I’ll never know when it might happen and I might not be at home. When I first set the medical alert device up I did a test. It was straightforward and simple to use. If I have an issue I just press the button and somebody comes to the rescue. It gives me a safe feeling to know that I have that at my disposal should I need it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had several falls and I've had two different kinds of medical alert devices from Lively Mobile. I have one around my neck, which I have to make sure to charge every night. And it is going to be a little bit of a problem for me. But other than that, it’s good to have. My device makes things easier. When I got it, I was still driving and I could be out at the grocery store and feel good about it. I’m perfectly happy with Lively Mobile so I'd encourage others to have it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I’m 85, I live alone and I’m not in a really good health. I used to have a different medical alert but it had too much equipment. It had a wristband and a neck thing but I still had to carry a GPS with me. So, I switched to Lively Mobile. And the alert that I have now is strictly a GPS and it’s chained around my neck. It’s just one thing. Shortly after I got it, before I even got the names of the contact people, I fainted and fell in the backyard. The neighbors helped me before and the response from Lively Mobile came in a matter of a few minutes. It was embarrassing when the alert went off accidentally, too, but the team was very nice about it.

A friend of mine had Lively Mobile and her kids got it for her. I wish I talked to them first because it cost quite a bit of money to get rid of the other one which I didn’t like. But if anybody is looking to get one of the alerts, I would recommend that they get the fall alert because it was set off a couple of times and even when I didn’t fall and I just jiggled it. So, it’s quite sensitive which is good.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I’ve been using Lively Mobile for about two years. I am blind and I live alone. I had also fallen before and I wanted somebody to come, lift and help me up. Neither of my kids lives very close, too, so they suggested I get a medical alert device in case something happens. I wear the device around my neck and it’s comfortable. My daughter comes up once a week or once every three months and she checks it. Their response time is mediocre though as it takes them around four rings. To me, that’s important. I’d rather it was quicker.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have multiple sclerosis and I live alone. And also, I had fallen. I needed a medical alert device and a friend recommended Lively Mobile. But ever since I’ve gotten the device, I’m very happy that I haven’t fallen. Still, it’s a wonderful thing and it would have been there for me in case I fell. I wear it in a couple of different ways. I wear mostly jeans or slacks and I clip it onto the band and put a little chain around it and then throw a loop on my apparel. It seems to work fine and that way, I will not lose it if somebody knocks it off. One time, my grandson came and gave me a great big hug and he pushed the button, and Lively Mobile immediately responded. They were nice, too.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had a working medical alert device but Mary thought it wasn’t working. Her stepdaughter sent the GreatCall Lively Mobile device to her, but it doesn’t seem to work. It has been knocked off of her nightstand numerous times and not once has Lively Mobile ever called or the fire department showed up. When she activated the other one accidentally, they called her back to check on her, but she was careful so it didn’t talk to her very often. But every time she made a mistake, they called her or the fire department showed up twice because she didn’t answer them. Although I am not happy about the GreatCall Lively personally, Mary’s happy with it so we're going to keep it.

Lively Mobile response

Hello Bob, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. The Service indicator appears under the call button and is either white or red. The white flashing light is the indication you have good cellular coverage. A red flashing light indicates No cellular coverage. If you believe the device is not working properly, please follow up with our Customer Service Department at 1-800-733-6632 between 6am to 7pm, Monday – Saturday, Pacific Time.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My neighbor has a medical alert device but she can't take it out of the house. So it's not as good as the GreatCall because GreatCall is based on the satellite and you can carry it around with you. When I found out I could go up to Walmart and get one, I did. I’m 77 and I got a pinched nerve. Since I've been having trouble with my back and leg lately, I feel a little more confident when I carry my GreatCall around with me. I have the GreatCall Splash but I have seen in the advertisements that they came out with a new device that looks a little different now.

Sometimes, when I'd lean up against an object and the pressure pushes the button by itself, I'd get somebody to answer right away. I'd tell them I'm sorry that I've accidentally pushed the button, but at least I knew it was working. I was also advised to push it from time to time to see if it's working. So I would push the button by myself, I would get to the operator, and their response time has been good.

Now and again, I would look at the thing and the little indicator in the middle that normally comes on and off so that you know the thing is working, would stop flashing and I would think it was dead. So I'd pick it up and shake it a little bit, then it suddenly starts working again. The person I called to ask about it suggested that I periodically shut the machine off. She told me to push the off button and hold it until it goes off, then to turn it back on again and hold the button until I get the automated voice response that the machine is on. Then she said that the device would be okay for awhile. I did that and it worked. But I still don't know exactly know what the problem is.

At night, I keep the device on the charger but once in a while I forget, so when I get up in the morning and find it in the living room by my chair, I don't put it on my pocket. If I don’t forget to charge it, I try in the morning when get up to take it off the charger and put it in my pocket or fasten it on with a lanyard then on to my shirt. But sometimes, that light would still quit working. So it's a little bit unpredictable when that would happen. Still, I would recommend GreatCall. In fact, I told my neighbor about it and she said she hadn’t bought one yet because her contract on the one she had hadn’t run out. But she told me when the contract runs out for that one, she wouldn’t renew it and she’d go out and buy a GreatCall.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I had an experience before where I passed out in my kitchen. I woke up and didn’t know what had happened, then I crawled to the telephone. That made me decide to get a medical alert device. I had a medical alert device before I moved to a retirement community, but it was a home-based one with the base set, which wasn’t appropriate here. I needed one that moved with me so I got a Lively Mobile. I wear it around my neck and it's a little bulky. I wear it inside my clothes since the flashing light is disconcerting to people.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I'm a retired medical social worker and I live independently. I go food shopping at the supermarket, go to the pharmacy, the bakery, and go to Macy’s once every six months. The Lively Mobile device was given to me a year ago. My sons and my husband decided that I needed to have something around my neck in case I wasn’t feeling well or I was in an emergency situation. I wear it around my neck and as soon as I wake up in the morning, it's right next to my bed on the nightstand. I put it on before I go out of the house but I also wear it in the house so that if I go downstairs to the basement and I fall, I have it on.

I’m very old-fashioned, cautious, and careful. I've learned the right way of using it, which is when I'm home. If I'm home, they have my number and that’s where I will talk to somebody. I don’t want them calling me on the phone when I'm driving. It's there because it's a safety precaution. I have three sons who are very protective of me and even if I didn’t want to use it, they would make me use it. This way, they feel I'm protected, and I feel the same way. I appreciate this device since it's there for me when I need it. It gives me a way of contacting whoever and whatever I would want to do. It gives me the privacy that I need and that it's ready, willing, and able to be that when I want it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I'm 86 now and since my husband died, I am by myself. My family and I all felt I should get a medical alert system because I had fallen a couple of times. I got Lively Mobile when I was going to Florida last year and I have it for about a year now. I feel more independent with it, especially if I'd be going outside my house because if I would fall maybe no one would see me. There are certain times I would take it off when I'd be in the house, but most of the time, I would have it on and I feel more comfortable.

My device has a pretty long cord that hangs on my neck and shows when I wear something lower. If it was a chain or something else, that would be all right. But I understand it's that cord that lets them know that I’ve hit something. If it's around my neck and I happen to have an accident, it would go off and the GPS could find me. But I don't know if it would still work if I wear it anywhere else. It fell one night and their reps came right on and said they detected a fall. I picked it up and said that it just dropped out of my hand. But they were right there and were very alert. They were very nice, too. I've recommended Lively Mobile to quite a few people now. Because of me, my niece just bought a one yesterday and my neighbor is going to buy one as well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I'm old and I live alone, and since using Lively Mobile, I don't worry so much. The device is easy to use and better than the 10 pounds of weight around my neck. And it is worth the price to pay for it. My experience with Lively Mobile has been nothing but good.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I had a hip replacement surgery and I didn’t want to be left alone without any way of getting help if I fell down or something. I have Lively Mobile, but I haven’t needed to use it so far. It was very easy to set up and I had a representative who really helped me a lot. I wear it around my neck, and I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I've got a medical thing going on which is affecting my balance. My wife passed in 2016, so I live alone. We were out without power for about six days and the only thing that worked were cellphones. It's good to know that the Lively Mobile device is there. I have had a couple of incidents with the automatic feature. I forgot that I had it on and went on to do some things that interpreted as me falling, when I wasn't. And it impressed me how quickly they were there. But during the first time, it was a little startling because I wasn't expecting it 'cause I didn't think I've done anything to set it off. It would be a lot easier if the automatic fall feature worked without being worn as a pendant but with a clip-on. In this day and age, smaller is better. Although it's small for what it does, reducing the size would be helpful either in the overall dimension or the thickness of it.

Another thing was that after the hurricane in September, I had to have the roof replaced on my house. They didn't replace it with shingles but with a metal roof which is better down here for resisting hurricanes. But it interferes with cellular signals. The battery started running down really quickly as well so I called customer service to inquire what was going on.

While I was on the phone with customer service, they were doing some remote tracking of the device and had me turning it off and on and while I was on the phone with the rep, they were trying to get in touch with me through the device and then trying to call me at the same time. I couldn't get switched over on the call waiting fast enough to talk to them. Then they called the emergency contact. But somehow, there was better connection between checking the unit out and having it registered that I fell down. I would definitely recommend Lively Mobile. In fact, I already did to my neighbor. They're starting to have medical issues themselves. However, they should offer an adaptor that I can plug in to the car to the charging station which was how I was able to keep my cellphone charged during the extended power outage.

Lively Mobile Company Information