toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had a Lively Mobile device for around a year now and it’s been very satisfactory, so far. My children said I need it because I live alone. I wear it every day. One time I was down in the basement and I was working on different things, and I thought I’d better find out if the device works down in the basement. I pushed the button and a man came on and said, “Well, it must be working because we’re talking.” And then there was another time when I had the Lively Mobile in my breast pocket. While I was cutting some binder twine, I hit my chest hard and within less than a second, the voice came on and said, “Are you all right?” My next-door neighbor also got a Lively Mobile device because I said it seems to work for me. I just wish it was smaller. Other than that, I carry it in a pocket.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The grandkids set up Lively Mobile for my husband as a precaution. This way, if I were outside mowing the lawn and my husband were inside and fell or slid down, he would have it around his neck and he would be able to get help. Besides, I won't be able to pick him up. So far, my husband has used it five times. One time, he was just hovering around but then he went out too far. He got stuck and he had to call for help too. However, they have to ask him whether he's hurt or bleeding and he gets irritated at that. He knows that he fell but he's not hurt, but they don't know that. We just explain to him that he has to explain the situation a little bit so they know whether to send an ambulance or a person.

Lively Mobile has been around a long time and I've heard other people have used them, enjoyed them and felt secure having that right there at their fingertips. I appreciate Lively Mobile. He feels more secure now and I'm glad he has it because I can't stay in the house. I have to do the outside work too so it's a security blanket. Now, I have as much freedom as he does.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had back surgery and massive heart attacks. I also have problems with my bladder and kidney infections so it's causing me to be unsteady on my feet. I didn't want a land phone in the house and my previous provider mailed me an alert system but they got "Place" on the address instead of "Street" so the package went back to FedEx. I called my provider and told them they can't charge me for it as I didn't have it. So they checked it out and found out that it was with FedEx. They told me it would be delivered the next day. Their rep also told me she'll send me one overnight. FedEx delivered the one they had that same day, so I had two. I boxed one up but they kept charging me two charges every month and I kept calling every month. They kept saying they'd take care of it and it won't happen again but it just kept happening. So finally, I said, "The hell with it. I'm cancelling it."

I switched to Lively and everything's cool with them. I've used it once and it came in handy. I kind of slid to the floor and couldn't get up. I called Lively and they sent out the fire department. Their response wasn't very long and the rep stayed on the phone with me all the time. I told her, "They're here. It's okay" and she said, "Well, I have another call. Are you sure of it?" I told her yes so then she hung up. It's been a very good experience with Lively. I hang the device around my neck and I use it when getting to rest and during the day. I haven't had any problems and everything was taken cared of the one time that I used it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have MS and I used to be in an independent facility. The management team used to live in a building in the facility but the company decided to move them out. Everyone was outraged because then there was nobody there so they got everyone the GreatCall device. I had three portable phones so they were always with me but they're not really conducive if you fall. I looked around and people were happy with GreatCall and I had it for about seven years but then I had to return that 'cause we didn't pay for it and now I'm back in with my kids. However, they are at work everyday and their kids are in school. Being alone in the house, it's easier that I have a medical alert device in case I fall 'cause I can't get up anymore by myself.

I haven't had to use the Lively Mobile device but I would put it on. When everyone's home, I don't wear it and I just keep it charging. The only thing about it that drives me crazy is the control. It's a good-sized piece and it has a button that's lit and it blinks. When I wear it, it drives me crazy 'cause I can see it. So, I turn it around, but I had company one night and they were joking and they said it was like a heartbeat. They were laughing 'cause they couldn't figure out why I was lighting up. It lets me know that it's working, but it's very annoying when I'm wearing it. It's not even a steady one. It just blinks.

I'm not sure if there's another way or maybe it doesn't bother anyone else. But before with the other company, you could test it once a week or once a month. You could push the button and someone in the other line would answer it. That way, you'd know it's working rather than have this light blinking. It also lights up when it's charging in my room so I have to cover it up because at night, all I see is the light.

Also, some companies have the necklace and a bracelet but Lively Mobile didn't have the wristband and it's just the necklace. Other than those, I like the idea that if I went somewhere even with the kids, we were separated and anything happened, I would have it. Not that I go too many places lately, but that's neat because before, you could only use it in your house.

Another thing I like that the other one didn't have is the fall detection. I'd pay for that feature and years ago a lot of them didn't have that. A lot of my friends at the independent facility did not get the fall detection, but then they walk and some of them still drive. I have legs that don't like me much, and I'm really slow and so cautious about how I walk. Usually if you fall, you are able to push a button but if something happens, you really get sick and you can't push the button, it will detect it. So that's one of its good features. And as long as I don't have to use it, I'm very pleased. I'd even recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've tried putting the device on my belt and it fell off a couple of times. I thought that might not be a good place to put it. I just do regular body movement, like sitting up and getting down, and it moves that little plug about and it eases up. Now I wear it around my neck and it seems to stay pretty good. When I go to bed at night, I put it on my night stand next to me and charge it. It's always close by at least, if not on me. But then as soon as I get up, I put it on and I try not to forget. I just got used to the new habits.

It's nice to have and knowing that it can help out anywhere with the GPS feature is nice. In years past, and not too long ago, the medical alert devices didn't have a GPS feature and it was only good within the home, which didn't do a lot of good. I definitely recommend it. Just like having insurance, I hope I don't have to use it. But there might be a time, if I should fall or have unexpected chest pains, I'll have someone to help me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am in an independent senior retirement center. They used to provide us with a little thing that we could walk around with, and the staff doesn't come over the weekend, and so, that was a comfort to me. So, I got the Lively Mobile because I live alone and our staff isn't here over the weekend. It's comforting to know that if I need help, I can just reach down and punch my button. I wear slacks and so I pin the device right above my pocket. That way, I can carry it around. It's hooked up to a telephone.

However, one thing I'm unhappy about it was that it doesn't work in our garage, which I was most disappointed in because we don't have cellphone help down there. Several ladies have passed away there and they're just found accidentally or there's nobody's nearby. I also wish that I didn't have to pay so much. But then since having it, I felt independent and confident. It's a reputable company and sometimes I thought I didn't really need to pay extra money to be able to have a nurse diagnose.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old, I live by myself, and my kids wanted me to have a medical alert so I got Lively Mobile. I have it in my pocket and it's easy to use and convenient. Then I accidentally set it off. I held it down and it was 911, so that was first off as a mistake. I kept on and told them I'm okay and I just hit the wrong thing. They still kept on and asked if I was sure, and I said yes. Since I've had it, the kids worry less. It's been good so far. I just got a phone call the other day about getting one for nothing and that they were going to mail to me. I said I already have one so I don't know what the heck that deal was.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I got Lively Mobile, I was on the floor more than I was on my feet. I fell a lot but I'm not doing that anymore. I've had a medical alert device before but I didn't like it so I had it taken out. And then I also had another one which was too expensive. I've had Lively for quite some time and it's the best one I got. They're very good and if it happens that I touch it and it goes on, the reps call me and find out if I need them. And they have a nice way of saying it. They’re doing their job well. I know that if I would need them, they’d be here in a hurry. I'm satisfied with Lively Mobile and I’m going to keep them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After my husband passed away, I got alarm system for the house. And they gave me one to wear around my neck. But it was only good when I was in the house. When I go out of the house, it's just laying on the dresser and I didn’t have anything. So, I wanted something else. I got a medical alert device that I put in my pocket from Lively Mobile. It gives me more confidence when I go out because I’m driving in the car by myself. I’m getting ready to go out of town next weekend and I know I could reach somebody if I needed their help. But I was wondering if I can have one that can be put around the neck, because when I was in therapy, it had slipped out of my pocket while I was lying there on the table.

I’ve only had one experience with it as far as it coming on. I was doing some therapy then, and it was in my pocket with a Kleenex and I am walking back after I got off the bicycle. I then heard someone call my name, but I just kept walking. But when I got on the table, my therapist told me that I was being called. That's the only time I've had to use this. I think it’s wonderful and I told people about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a heart condition, a pacemaker and bad knees so I bought a medical alert device. Lively Mobile was the cheapest one out there. I had Medical Alert before this which cost $40 a month. I like Lively Mobile better because it has GPS on it and you can take it in the car. You can't do that with Medical Alert unless you buy the extra guarantee. However, Medical Alert is thinner and it was easy to put on your neck. I know I should carry my medical alert device from Lively Mobile more, but I don't. It's a good device but they should have thought of something a little lighter to put around the neck since it's bulky and heavy to carry around. I just wear it next to me when I sleep and when I am in the shower, which to me is important, but after that, I take it off and put it back on charge. But Lively Mobile is fine overall and I have recommended it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children thought I needed a medical alert device because I live alone, I’m 82 and I use a walker. So my son bought Lively Mobile for me and he set it up. The only time I used it was when I bumped it accidentally. I don’t carry the device around my neck because I have nice jewelry, which I prefer to wear. But I usually take it with me and keep it close by and put it in my walker or in the pocket. I haven’t had a need to use it yet and hopefully, I won’t, but I know other people who have the Lively Mobile and they seem very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a GreatCall Lively Mobile for its price and because of my age, I had to get one. I had mine for a long time and I've not had any problem. I put it in my pocket and I don’t have any worries. I've referred Lively Mobile to several people and helped them set it up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine has really bad diabetes and she’s had kidney transplant. She told me how wonderful Lively Mobile was for her, and how one day, she had left her purse somewhere on the ground and they came looking for her and she was on the pool. She was happy and recommended it. She gave me the phone number and even though it was on a Sunday, they took all our information and said they would express it to me and it would be here on Tuesday.

The medical alert device was for James. He's got the onset of Parkinson’s with mild dementia. He can hardly get out of bed and that's why he'd fallen three times and dislocated his shoulder and broken his ribs. The final thing was his lumbar. He slipped and fell off the edge of the bed. I’m lucky enough to have somebody, to help me bathe him and all that, so it’s not so terrible. But he's big and I need the medical alert device for when these people aren't here, like when they go to church. Then I'm here by myself and once, I had to have a neighbor help me and I don't wanna do that and impose.

I called Lively to set it up and as I was putting it together, I accidentally hit the button. They said, “Are you there? Do you need help?” And I told them no and that I was just putting it together. In this day and age, to get something done is impossible. But there were no recordings and they just picked up the phone. It was perfect. It is a tremendous relief to know that you can push a button and get help.

We have used it once and they were wonderful. I have some live-in help and they usually handle just about anything but he had fallen on the ground and I was afraid he had cracked something and was getting infected. The Lively team came in the middle of the night and went right to work. There were about six or more people that came in two groups, and they picked him up and checked his blood pressure, temperature and breathing. Then they said, "We better take him to the hospital." They were very professional and did a good job. One thing I also noticed was that they wore covers on their shoes, which I thought was very thoughtful.

The only thing is the string that goes around his neck fits into a magnet in the back but the magnet is not strong enough. They need to improve that but basically, he can wear it in his pocket. I’m just really pleased that I found something that I can rely on and that I know somebody’s gonna come when we're in trouble.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone in an apartment building and I'm concerned that sometimes I am not really steady on my feet. After I took a fall, I needed something to say, “Help me.” I happened to see Lively with someone that I knew from the Black Lake area and she said she was really pleased with it. So, I thought that I’ll try it. It is the only one that I have gotten and that I’ve ever tried. The first thing that I did was try to shut off the light but it didn’t happen. I punched it really hard and I got 911 and the lady verified that it was working in my apartment. That was great.

I have it around my neck and I find it a little bit heavy. I would really like a lighter unit. I don’t wear it in the shower but I have it so that if I fall, I hope I can grab the cord really fast. Other than that, I’m satisfied with it. Once in a while, I forget to put it on the charger and I put it on for about an hour at night. I had it turned off once because I was with family. I'm also anxious to go to my daughter’s because she does not have good cell phone reception and I want to see if my Lively still works there.

But if I turned and slipped on a rug or stumbled towards something, my Lively device will be there for me. One time, I was going to take a shower and I must’ve dropped it on my bed. The lady called and asked if I'm okay and I was. I must have jarred it a little bit. Also, one night when I got out of somebody’s car that was a little bit higher, I didn’t realize that a rep was talking to me because it was noisy. When I got in my apartment, that's when I noticed. The device must be very sensitive and that’s good. Overall, I have been really pleased and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself and I'm a diabetic. Sometimes my blood sugar goes up and down. I wanted a mobile medical device 'cause I'm on the go all the time and I bought Lively Mobile. I felt more comfortable and wear it every day. One time, I bumped it and the customer service called me. Then the other time, the necklace got unhooked and fell on the ground, and they were within seconds. It's really great. It is a life-depending necklace and it's well worth the expense. I recommend it for everyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like that I can use my GreatCall Lively medical alert device anywhere because of the GPS. I’m also very afraid of falling because I am totally unable to get up if I do. I never had an incident but I accidentally dropped it once and people responded quickly and they were really professional. I just wish the cord was a little bit longer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I hit my Lively Mobile one time by accident and their response was quick and they got a hold of me right away. I wanted to be safe that’s why I got a medical alert device. It’s easy and I just put it in my pocket but I think it should have a lanyard so you can wear it around your neck. I would recommend Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m almost 81 and fall frequently. I fell once and dislocated my shoulder and had to have my shoulder replaced. I have some medical concerns that cause me to lose my balance. I tried three different medical alert devices and Lively Mobile is the only one that had reception where I am. The one that I had when I fell and dislocated my shoulder only covered right at the house and I was down at my church when I fell so I needed something that could give me full coverage everywhere. I live on two acres and we’ve got chickens in a barn. And with Lively Mobile, I know that if I would fall out there, I’d be able to reach somebody for help. It gives me the peace of mind knowing that I’ve got help if I need it.

And their team was awesome. I have accidentally bumped my unit and within seconds, I got a call to check on me and see if I had fallen. Also, I had a defective unit a while back and they immediately replaced it, no questions asked. I’m very pleased with the service and I've recommended it to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I put on my Lively Mobile around my neck when I’m alone and I know that I can push the button and call one of the people that I know. I make yearly payments and they’ve always been nice every time I call Lively Mobile to see if I still have the same numbers to call for people. They say I should call more often. I haven’t had to use it but I feel that they’re there and I’m feeling pretty fortunate at the moment because I haven’t had any mishaps or emergency recently.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have bought Lively Mobile for my uncle for when I am out of the house. He has it around his neck. He has it with him everywhere. He can go in the bathroom and have the device be submerged in the water because it's water-resistant. We have tested the device and we know it works. Response time is good, it is almost instant. Overall, this device is pretty good. It's definitely better priced than the other product that everyone brags about on television. My cousin has that for my aunt and they're paying three times as much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have orthostatic hypotension and I fall a lot. So I have a GreatCall monitor just in case. I had a GreatCall before this one, but the alert thing broke. They wanted me to pay for a new one. I didn’t break it, it just broke. So I canceled. Now earlier today, I called them because I can’t find my track phone. I am depending on it. But the lady that I talked to didn’t know anything and when she did find out something about it, she couldn’t answer my questions. I figured, if she couldn’t answer my questions, what’s she going to do when I need help? But other than that, they have been efficient and I have recommended it to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have dizziness and I tend to fall sometimes. I had a few falls around the house and my doctor and my family decided I needed this medical alert device. So we went to a drugstore and bought the Lively Mobile there and came back home. The Lively Mobile is nice to have around my neck. It makes me feel good and I feel very secured especially when I go off on trips. If I have any problems, I still feel very secure. I also use the Lifeline, which I use around the house especially at night. I can hang it around my neck and sleep with it which I can't do with the Lively Mobile because it's too heavy.

Nevertheless, it’s a convenient feeling to know I’ve got Lively Mobile around my neck. Right now, I’m just getting ready to go out the door and going to church. I have to drive up 20 miles there and 20 miles back. It’s a good feeling to know that when I’m on the road, and if anything happens, I could push that button. So I do recommend it to friends all the time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I originally got Lively Mobile for my husband who has Parkinson’s and it was one of the cheapest ones I could find. He used it once when he fell and couldn't get up. He was in our garage and I was in another part of the house and couldn't hear him. He used the alert and the Lively Mobile reps got in touch with me so I could go help him. The response time was good.

Lively Mobile

Edna, we are sorry that you are not completely satisfied with your Lively Mobile device and we appreciate your feedback. You mentioned that the lanyard is too short for you. You can use any lanyard with your device or you can carry it in your pocket or whatever way is comfortable for you. The only reason you would be required to use the lanyard provided by GreatCall is if you had the Fall Detection service active. To ensure that your device is working properly, you can press the button for a test call, when you connect with the 5Star Urgent Response agent, please advise that it is a test call. For assistance or if you have any questions, please contact our 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday. –GreatCall Operations

Original review: June 11, 2017

My husband wanted to get me the Lively Mobile because he’s afraid of leaving me by myself if he goes camping. I can understand that because we’re seven miles from town. Also, I spent five months in the hospital, I’m on oxygen, and I have two leaky valves. I got the device at Walmart. However, the first one was terrible so they sent me another one. But this second one is back to dislodging.

When I put my Lively Mobile on, I think about it. It's a little bit heavy, though. I lost a lot of weight and now, I'm so thin. Also, the cord should be a little bit longer. I’m tall and if I have to reach for it, I've to reach quite a ways. I also wish they’d let me know if the device works or not. I called their customer service once about my issues, but they never got back to me. Also, when I spoke with them, I could barely hear them because the volume on the device is so low. Overall, I wouldn’t do Lively again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live by myself and I’m 87 and if I fall down, I need some kind of help. I got a medical alert device from Lively Mobile. I’ve seen other ones but it seemed like the Lively device fit me just about right. Most of the time, I take my device with me. The people from Lively called me once and said, “Did you fall?” But I hadn’t done hardly anything. It’s just flopping against my chest a little hard. And I said, “No. But thank you for calling.” One time, I set it down in the charger a little too hard, and the person from Lively said, “Did you fall?” and I said, “No.” It didn’t take them long to call me right back. The only time I’ve had any kind of problem with it was when the red light stayed on for a long time. And I called in about that and they said it needs to be charged more. Everything else works out fine and I recommended it to a lot of people.

Lively Mobile

Carolyn, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your GreatCall device and appreciate your feedback. If it is the weight that is an issue, our newest model, the Lively Mobile is 1.41oz, only slightly lighter than your device, which is 1.8oz. It is not required for you to wear your device around your neck, you can carry it in your pocket or any way that is comfortable for you. Please call our Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday, for suggestions or upgrade options.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I needed a medical alert device due to my age and because I was living alone. I don't want to fall and nobody's present. Lively Mobile's team set up the device when I got it. However, I don't use it because it's too big. I noticed that Lively has come out with a smaller one, but I called and they wouldn't exchange it. I have to pay to get the smaller one. I wish they could make some sort of exchange when they would come out with something new and better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a medical alert device because I had a heart operation. I got two new valves and a pacemaker, and I'm gonna be 88 next month. With Lively Mobile, I feel that I would get help if I needed it. I appreciated having it and I felt safer. I check the device every so often and Lively's team has been helpful. They answer right away and they always say, "Is this an emergency or just checking?"

However, I didn't like the device hanging around my neck, especially in summer, so I would put it in my pocket instead. Also, I wear more open stuff in the summer and I don't like that the black cord was always showing. It would also be helpful that if something happens at night and all my doors are shut, some of the alerts give a lock box to put on the outside to put a key in.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have one of the original devices from GreatCall, which I upgraded two years ago. It’s blue and it's waterproof but it’s not the Lively. The Lively one’s brand new. I’ve had my device for about six years and I’ve only used it one time when I fell in my kitchen and I busted my tailbone. It hurt and I couldn’t get up but the people from Lively were there very fast. Also, the people on the phone are great and everything was done in like 15 minutes. My device makes me feel safer because I live alone and I’m 10 miles from my kids. And, I’m a klutz so I feel better with it. Unfortunately, I’m unemployed and I’m gonna have to cancel my service. So, I will be calling them to cancel in the near future but not right at this particular moment. I recommend it to everybody I know that lives alone. Everybody can slip and fall in the shower and all kinds of things. So, even young people that live alone should have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom wants to live by herself so we wanted to get the Lively Mobile device set up in case she were to fall. It was a little complicated getting it set up but it gave us some relief knowing that she has it. She still doesn't wear it in the shower and at night so we still have a problem if she has to get up, but she does wear it during the day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm using the Lively Mobile for security and not as a medical device. I’m in a rough neighborhood and I leave for work in the wee hours. And when there’s activity that’s unfamiliar going on, like in the parking lot or in the building near me, I often use it to get to my car peacefully. I have an escort with me that can call 911 if anything happened.

College women should have Lively Mobile. It’s an awesome thing for security reasons. It should be more widespread because there’s so much insecurity around that it gives peace of mind. I’ve gone hiking by myself with it on and I felt safe. The reps have always been responsive and it's so reassuring to have someone with me when I’m walking by myself. I've recommended Lively Mobile to friends.

Lively Mobile Company Profile