toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Lively's fall detection but it was usually a false alarm, and Lively was really good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I like the feature that has the GPS so my daughters can track me which is wonderful since we're 2,500 miles away. That's always a peace of mind that they know where I'm at and how to get a hold of me if something should happen. The other feature is the keyless entry, so we have a special code just for emergency personnel which I really like. They could come into the house in case I can't get to the door. It's incredible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a stroke and I was living alone and Lively was recommended from the hospital. One time, I tripped and fell so I had to push the button and have somebody come and help me get up. The paramedics and the fire department with all their sirens and lights came over and got me up. The response was very good and it's comforting to have the device. I have it plugged in in a socket and I have a helper at home now so if I ever need it, she can push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 81 years old and I fell out of bed before and I couldn’t get up. I told my wife to call 911 which she did and I spent about four days in the hospital because they said my platelets were low. We then decided to get a Lively Mobile so we can call for help. I bought it at Walmart and it was good. It was very easy to get and I've had it ever since. I keep it with me all the time. I know it’s there and I don’t have to worry when I’m out in the yard or when I’m away from the house. It’s like having a friend in your pocket. One time I fell to the floor and I couldn’t get up and my wife hit the button, and everything worked out good. The guy came real quick and I’m off to the hospital again for four days. Thank God that they finally have this sort of thing because when you get old, you need something like this. Overall, it's great to have.

Lively Mobile

Margorie, we are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the carrying options for your GreatCall Lively Mobile device. We do offer a wristband and a clip-on case as well as the lanyard provide and as long as you do not have the Fall Detection Service enabled on your device, you can also carry the device in a pocket or however is most comfortable for you. -GreatCall Operations

Original review: April 22, 2017

I'm older and getting not as healthy as I was. I used a different medical alert service before but I switched to Lively Mobile due to the price. I use the device when I go outside but in the house, I don't. I put a shoestring onto it, then pinned it on my waistband in my slacks and then put it in the pocket. But I was dissatisfied with what they sent to where I've lived because what they sent was junk as far as I was concerned. I wanted something elastic or something that would go around my ankle. It's too small and I'm not that big and it didn't work for me. Then around my neck, I cannot stand it. It's so heavy and I have a bad neck. It's awful. If they could send more places to hook on to that thing and if they send us to where it's only got a thing on one end to hook onto just like a big bracelet or stretch band as I'm also allergic to elastic. With all the advertising they do, they could do a lot better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I keep my Lively Mobile device with me all the time. A couple of times, I've hit it to make sure it was working. It's doing really well and Lively Mobile comes back at me very quickly. While we don't have reception and I can't use a cellphone, the device works off a satellite. The other one I had would take care of me in the house and a short distance outside. But with Lively, it would give me more distance. I wear it all day then I have it charge at night. However, it seems the battery has been running down quickly. At 10:00 o'clock at night, I can hear it signaling about the battery. Though I charge it overnight by the bedside, I feel that in the future the battery is not going to hold up during the day. Despite this, I'm very satisfied with the device and I would recommend Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother is getting older and she lives alone. She also has some challenges so we wanted the Lively Mobile for peace of mind. We've had good experience with it, so far. Lively was easy to get. It's nice that it can be used any place. It has the ability to track, for instance, should she wander off and get lost. It has also features that we have not activated that we could. Say she would fall and be unresponsive and not be able to push it, there's some options that we could go with with that. But so far, we haven't found that that was necessary yet. The main thing we got it for was if in any case she fell and needed help. It was because my mother has little trouble with mobility, getting around or getting to the phone.

She used it one time when her dog got out and needed help getting somebody to help her catch the dog. She got a bit confused and worked up. Instead of taking the time to go to the phone and try to call somebody, she pushed her button and Lively was able to contact me. I was at work and it was in town. So then, I was able to come down and help diffuse the situation. The device seems to fit into her lifestyle pretty well, as long as she's wearing it. But, there were a few times I'd come over and she didn't have it on so I have to search for it. It won't do us a lot of good that way. On the whole, I was very satisfied with Lively Mobile and I have recommended it to a few people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a heart attack and then had another attack of palpitations. My family also encouraged me to get a medical alert device that would be effective outside of the house. I had a device from a local company before going to Lively but back at the time, the devices would only work inside the house. Lively's team has been very courteous and alert. I have the fall unit, but it requires recharging quite often and I would like the charging to last a little longer. Nevertheless, it provides insurance in case I do have a condition or pass out or fall, and I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Lively Mobile because the people who are taking care of me decided that I needed one. I wear the device around my neck and I drop it inside my blouse. It got this little light that flashes in it so if I wear a white blouse, I have to wear something. I have the charger by my bed and I charge it every night. And then in the morning I put it back around my neck. It's right by me so I can reach it if I need to.

I know the device works because I was coming in the back door one day and I fell back on the concrete floor flat on my back. I hit my head on the cement, but they didn’t break any bones. I didn’t push the device, it just came on when I fell. I was laying there, checking to see if anything was broken and then I heard somebody talking and it was the lady from Lively Mobile. She said, “Are you all right? Do I need to send help?” I said, “No. I'm okay. I just fell, but I haven’t broken anything.” She said, “Oh, is there someone with you?” I said, “I have a next-door neighbor. I'm calling her.” She said, “Well, I'll stay on the line until she gets there.” And then help came and they got me back up and stayed with me until they felt I was okay. The lady stayed on the line and said, “Well, I won't call 911,” and canceled it. I said, “No. Nobody needs to come out. I'm okay.” And I thanked her for calling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father-in-law kept on falling so we got him a medical alert device. Lively was the one that was at Wal-Mart and it was handy to get. The team members at Lively has been good. He's fallen a couple of times and they have called. They did an awesome job. He's home alone during the day while we work, so Lively works really good for him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been falling a lot, so I needed a medical alert device. I got the Lively Mobile alert device because Home Health told me that I could get it there. I wear the device around my neck, and I don't pay any attention to it. When I get up, I put it on, then I put it in the cradle at night. If the red light flashes, then the batteries need to be charged. One night, the little green light in the middle of the button that's pushed was red, and my son was over here and I asked him to check on it. He said that this was because the signal was low and wasn't picking up. He looked at his phone and his phone had low signal on it, too.

Since using my alert device, I'm trying to be more careful and take my time in doing things. One night, I took out the alert device and put it in the cradle, but I must have hit it too hard and it went off accidentally. Then I heard the phone ringing and, after a minute or two, the Lively team answered. This startled me because I thought it would take a bigger jar to have them answer. I told them that I was sorry and that I was just putting the device back in the cradle, and they thanked me for calling Lively.

I have a friend who also has an alert device, but her unit didnt activate when she fell and didn't push the button. I was telling my son about this, and he said that he had to pay extra for the fall detection feature that my alert device was fitted with that allows my unit to automatically be activated in case I fall, without my first having to push the help button. I have recommended Lively to my nephew.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a good experience with GreatCall. I’m 84 years old and I live alone so it was a great idea to get a medical alert device. It turned out great because a couple of weeks after that I had to use it. Their rep was excellent. She contacted all the people that she had to. They kept online and they came here. It really worked good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm prone to falling, so I take Lively with me wherever I go. I wear it around my neck, and it's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We go out to walk our dogs in a big open field and it's a good idea to be out somewhere and be able to call someone. I do have another one, Alert, but it just enables us to use it in the house and our yard. So that's why I got the Lively Mobile. You can't hold it all the time, but you can put it in your bag or put it somewhere with you when you're going out of your home. But you don't want to walk around with it in your hand. Also, it would be so obvious if you had it around your neck, especially when it's a certain social situation. So, if you take it with you have to put it in your pant's pocket.

At the very beginning, several months ago, I was getting gas at a station and I had it in my pocket. Then, it accidentally went off and rang GreatCall while I was walking back to my car. A woman told me I need to be more careful and that was rude. It also stays beside my bed because that's where I feel most vulnerable. But now, I also take it to church, sometimes in my pocket. I take it to the woods when we go walking our dogs and meeting other people there, it's sort of a neighborhood place. I have the Life Alert but I'm going to let that one go. There is no need having them both. Also, at first, when I got Lively Mobile, it was a little tough because I didn't understand a lot of things. I had about two bad episodes. But now when I talk to their reps, they're always very polite and they help me out. It worked out good now. They've been nice and very hospitable with everything and I'm well satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone, but my daughter lives nearby. I got a GreatCall device for security and so far, I feel secure. If I feel I need help and I’m alone, I press the button. My device needs to be repaired because the clip at the back flexed and broke off. I’ve made an adjustment and it still hangs around my neck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I feel more secure having Lively Mobile. I wear it around my neck and though it's big and bulky, I manage. However, I have to recharge it at night but I don't know how long does a charge last so I don't know what do I do at night. I tried to call them once but I never did get through. They are too busy. I've tried several times within one week, but I had to wait so long that it just wasn't worth the effort. I just kept holding and I was disappointed in that because I had some questions at that time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had an open heart surgery and a stroke so we decided to get a medical alert device from Lively. I was fairly confident 'til I found out that the fall detector is a bunch of hogwash. There's nothing to it. I had it on me and I fell and broke an arm or shoulder, and my wife fell a couple of times, too. They didn't do a thing. I almost took another step to get my money back on it because to me, it's just something that they sell but doesn't work. I've spoken to them about this three times. We've also talked to someone from Lively but we get the runaround on that. It was horrible. The fall detector is just a gimmick to get people to spend more money. It was a false sense of security for me 'cause I go back to work thinking if she falls, everything is all right. There were several weeks that I was thinking I had that security but I didn't. I would recommend the button to anybody but the fall detector is not worth two cents.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have difficulties in walking and I always have to take help for going to wherever it is needed. I have two - one for home and another one when I go out. I got Lively Mobile and I’m happy because it has helped me at least twice in the last three months. I fell, I called them, and they sent me the person to help me. They’re excellent. When I call for help, I receive it immediately. I feel comfortable at home and outside because of my device. It's very easy to use. I’m happy and very satisfied with Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had two hips and one knee replaced and I thought I might need a medical alert. I've gotten one, from Lively Mobile, which I wear around my neck and it is comfortable. I have not had to use it so far but we tested it a couple of times, dialing 9-1-1, to make sure everything was okay and everything was okay. Lively Mobile team answered quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm going on 97 and I felt that I needed some protection because my daughter's gone about a week out of the month. I got Lively Mobile and I feel good about it. I've used it a couple of times and they're here pretty fast when I press the button. They ask me questions and I held the door open for them. Then I had my friends in the car and they kind of checked on me. I have that written out and my daughter sent a phone number so it's right there for them to see. The reps were very friendly, very patient and I thanked them and they stayed with me. They took my blood pressure and it was a little high but gradually went down. And so they felt and I felt that I need not go to the hospital.

I keep my Lively Mobile by my bed and I put it in at night to recharge it then I carry it out in the day and wear it around my neck. It's not heavy but I don't like it dangling so I kind of put it down inside my bra so it kind of holds up. I encouraged my sister in Utah to get one too. She's nine years younger and she was by herself and she laid on the floor for seven hours before she scooted on her tummy to get to the phone. I'm going to write to her today and ask her if she has one yet and I'll recommend the one I have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and have had some falls. I have degenerative arthritis and spinal stenosis, and it'd be nice to be able to get some help if I need it, so I got a Lively Mobile. Lively Mobile has a big, black thick rope that comes down to my navel and is hard to put around my neck. Now I have a stainless steel chain, but still got the little black rope that goes down. It’s long and irritating. They should have a new one or something that’s better that isn’t going to rub on the neck. I bought two chains but they weren’t good enough. Also, the little clasp changes color and tarnishes. It’s not very attractive. I need something that’s not going to change colors if I’m going to wear it every day. It could be a little lighter too.

I’ve had my Lively Mobile for only about two or three years yet I see other devices that look smaller and better. It would be nice if it were smaller and didn’t look so masculine. I was looking in a magazine, and I saw this device, and what was sent to me is nothing like what I saw in the advertisement. I told them I expect it to look like that. I don’t want something big and clunky hanging down my neck all the time. I also want it to at least look a little better. I’m a woman and I don’t want it to look like I have a rope around my neck. I want it to look feminine and I was sent something with a rope. Other than that, it’s the most reasonable in terms of fees and it has worked.

When the Lively Mobile went off, I didn’t recognize what the little sound was. One time, I pushed it accidentally. I fell in the garage and because of my spinal stenosis and two artificial knees, it was hard getting up. I was getting ready to call to just have them call my son as I needed some help in trying to get up, but ended up sitting down behind my trunk and was in a tight position. Sometimes I want to push it just to see if it really works. My son keeps telling me that nobody is going to get in my house. But still, I get nervous that somebody might get in, so it feels good for me to know that I have the Lively Mobile.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was alone and I don’t know my neighbors. Also, my son worked in a town an hour away. I have neuropathy, I have a walker and I was afraid that if I fall, I’d be in trouble. One time, my doctor came to cut my toenails, removed something at the bottom of my feet and I was barefoot. He pushed my walker in the middle of the room then he walked out. When I needed to reach for my walker, I couldn't.

So I called Lively up and asked the lady rep if I could make a call but she said, "No" because I was barefoot and I could fall. She called my daughter but she didn't answer because they did not identify themselves. She called my son in his office an hour away, and he called my son-in-law, but still, nobody was coming. She then called an ambulance from the University of Michigan and they came out. Luckily, the door was still open otherwise, they would have trouble getting in. So now I'm going to find out if we have a clubhouse and I'll get their number so that Lively can call them if something similar happens.

Another instance is when I was in Ohio, I couldn’t get into my friend’s house. My son got in but we sat in the garage because I couldn’t go up her stairs. I pushed the button on my device and they told us exactly what street we were on. So I proved one thing - all other buttons work only in the house, but mine worked in another state and they knew exactly where I was. The button on the device is easy to push and I found out that I should put it inside my blouse if I am in my room, I was enclosed, or I bend over. I’ve also recommended them to my 88-year old friend in Ohio because when she goes down her basement, she really worries if something happens. So she’s thinking about getting one. Overall, it's been a great experience with Lively.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before using Lively Mobile, we did have another medical alert device but it was one that was in the house and didn’t do me any good. I fell outside and kept pushing the button. They heard it and they did call my daughter. They also called the fire department. I was bleeding pretty bad by the time they got to me. So when I saw Lively on TV, I called and we got this one set up. I called once when I fell in the bathroom early in the morning. There was no light on and my son talked to them. I have a granddaughter who lives about a mile away that’s a PA, we got her, and she was able to get down and help me get back up. I wear my device every day. And that’s exactly why I want it because I’m on the GPS and they know where I am. It's a little heavy but not much. It doesn’t bother me at all and I’m glad I got it. It does the job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need to have a medical alert device because I had a fall a while back. A very good friend of mine got Lively Mobile and I was influenced by her. Then I just bought my iPhone and I also saw their ads in the Sunday section. I had those things together on my mind and I called them. I live in a retired community and it helps others realize I'm doing my best. This is one of the things that I do so that if I fall, I'll have help.

Their device is something you get very used to and after a while I begin to think if it still works. But when you lay it on the bed a little bit maybe harder than you thought and go to take a shower, there's the alarm. I know it's working. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. Other than to tell them I'm all right, the customer service person assisted me when I had put on backwards so the device doesn't charge. I now recognize a little beep that comes and then I get it turned around and it starts to charge again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had Lively Mobile for all these months and I can’t seem to figure out how to get it going. I’ve tried to do what I’m supposed to do and then a voice comes on and says something is enabled, and I don't know what that means. I keep it charged but then I take it off, I lay it down on the desk and it just sits there. I don’t think I’m following the directions properly. Overall it's comforting knowing that I have it and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an alarm system through ADT but I found out it was only good for 30 yards from your house, and it would not be any good if I were to be traveling. A friend of mine told me about Lively, and I decided to get it. When I go out, I usually wear the device around my neck, except when I'm at home and it stays in my counter. I go to the mountains a lot and it impressed me that Lively would go that far. They called me one time when my alarm system went off as I was fixing to leave the house. They were very nice and concerned. Lively makes me feel more at ease. Even when I'm at home by myself, all I got to do is pick that up and mash it, and someone talks to me and in turn they call the person that is number one on my list. So I feel very safe with it. And I have recommended Lively time and time again since I've gotten it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 70 years old and I live by myself. I had an attack of atrial fibrillation some time ago and I could've died, and that's the reason I decided to get Lively Mobile. The guy that was advertising it used to be on America's Most Wanted, and I figured if he was the pitchman for Lively Mobile and he was honest, then Lively Mobile would be too. The one that I've got is good anywhere in the United States. I own a property out in Northern Arizona and I usually go out there once a year, and that's another reason that I got this rather than some of those that just work at home.

I called in last week sometime when I noticed that Lively Mobile has a cellphone service that has the emergency alert button on the cellphone. My two-year agreement with them is about up and I was thinking about getting it. But after I talked to their representative, he told me that with the medical alert and that being the only phone I'd be using, it'd cost $70 a month and I didn't wanna do that, so I'm just gonna keep what I've got. The charger works fine and I haven't had any trouble with it. I charge the device, put it on the charger every night at 10:00 and take it off at 7:00 or 8:00 the next morning. I wear it around my neck all day long in case something should happen that I might need some assistance.

The one problem I've got is I call and want to talk to a human but it's almost impossible. I don't own a computer so I have to depend on my phone to get through when I wanna talk to somebody, but I can't get through on the phone. Lively Mobile puts me on hold until I finally get frustrated and hang up. Other than that, I haven't had to use their device. I pushed the button one time to make sure it was working okay and it was. They responded almost immediately.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 80 years old and I live by myself so my son felt like it was necessary for me to have a medical alert device. When I put my Lively Mobile on, I keep it on. I have fibromyalgia and it's hard for me to get up and down so I needed it and I feel secure with it. I called about three weeks ago since I was real sick. I knew I couldn't drive, and my kids were all at work so they took me to the hospital. They're great. Everybody that lives alone and is getting up in years needs to have something like Lively Mobile. I had a very successful experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My knee went out one time and my husband is hard of hearing and we have separate bedrooms. I was screaming for help and he couldn't hear me but now, I feel more secure with Lively Mobile though I haven't fallen and haven't had to use it at all. What I use it mostly for is at nighttime because my knees would go out on me and be very painful. So I feel much better now because I wear the alert device plus I wear a brace around my knee. I wear it on my wrist and it's very easy to use. It makes me more comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased Lively Mobile for my dad. He's had it for about a year now and he's used to it. When we got it, he was living pretty much on his own. My nephew is staying there but he wasn't there a whole lot. We felt it was necessary due to his dementia and everything. If he would take a fall or something he needed a way to contact somebody immediately. Now he has since moved into the house with me and my wife. I work second shift, and she works first shift. There's only a couple of hours in between shifts that he's actually by himself. He doesn't need it as much but he still wears it everyday because you never know. It's nice to know that he has that.

He actually had a medical alert device before but it was one that you couldn't wear outside the house. It had a mobile base and it was restricted. With Lively Mobile, he can go anywhere. It does help him. I'd have to fix it the other day because the rope came out of the clasp. So, I just threw some super glue in there and put it back in. He charges it every night to make sure it's full. I would definitely recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a medical alert device because I'm getting old. I switched to Lively because the other one only included my home while Lively is good for away from home. The device is easy to use and their team was great when I called them. It's been a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sons wanted me to have a medical alert device. I got the Lively Mobile and I feel like I need to put it on when I'm out. It's there that I can rely upon.

Lively Mobile Company Profile