Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 268 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Building on five years of mobile medical alert technology, the new and improved, compact (30% smaller than Splash), Lively Mobile Urgent Response device is the easiest way to reach GreatCall’s exclusive 24/7 5Star service.

Lively Mobile is a one-touch, waterproof device that can even be taken in the shower. Fall detection is also available with select packages. Our mobile coverage works across the U.S and offers enhanced GPS location technology in case of emergencies.

Lively Mobile Urgent Response allows you to feel safe and secure while keeping your independence. Lively has no contracts and no cancellation fees. Call us today to learn more!

Award-Winning Customer Service

When you need assistance, our knowledgeable 100% U.S.- based Customer Service Representatives and friendly Operators are there to help.

Lively Mobile by GreatCall Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1170 Lively Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 7, 2018

I had a transient ischemic attack last summer which was why I got Lively Mobile. We were watching a football game and the attack happened again. I handed the device to my wife and she clicked it. Then, my maid talked to the reps because my speech was garbled. They knew by the locator in the device exactly where I was at the time and five minutes later, the ambulance arrived. I carry the device in my pocket and I have a second charger so that if I'm in one room for a long period of time and know I need it to get it charged, I put it there.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My Lively Mobile device is comfortable to wear around my neck and I've been more confident since using it.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My daughter insisted that I get Lively Mobile in case I fall since I live alone. I got one and it gives me comfort that in case I needed something, I would have that. There was a time when I leaned against something and I activated it. I could not imagine what was going on. I kept hearing people talk and finally, I went outside to see what was going on and I could hear my phone ringing. They wanted to know if I was all right. About six weeks ago, I lost the device and I couldn’t find it so, I called in to see if they could help me find it. It was in my basement on the floor. In addition, I got a $25 refund when my daughter recommended them to someone who also got their service. The only question I have is if the button could detect my fall if I knocked myself out and I couldn't press the button. I won’t consider it much good if it doesn't do that.

Original review: May 5, 2018

When you get to be my age, a medical alert device is a necessity. I wear my Lively Mobile device around my neck and it's comfortable, but it's heavy and I was wondering if there was any other way to wear it. Also, while I'm sleeping it's in its cradle recharging but that's an important time to have it. But I've used it a few times and it worked out very well each time I did. Fortunately, the EMTs and the fire station are within walking distance to my house, so it doesn't take them long at all to get here. And I was very satisfied with the response. But sometimes the operator doesn't understand. I have a lockbox outside and it works with a key. And when the operator asked me if I had a lockbox, I said yes. She said, "What's the combination?" I said, "I don't have the combination." She said, "Well, how do they get in?" I said, "It's a key." I found that to be annoying.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My husband fell in the garden when I was at work. For my peace of mind, I wanted to make sure that if he fell while I was at work, I would be notified. So, we got him a medical alert device. While I'm now retired, my husband still wears it because sometimes, he's out in the yard and I can't monitor him every second. Since getting the device, I've had fewer worries and he wears the device around his neck. Before we leave any place, I check with him if he has it as one time, we were shopping and the device fell off. We had gone to another store but then the previous store called him to say that the device was left there.

Another time, my husband had the device in in his pocket with his keys. He was coming up the steps and I believe the key pushed the button and set off a false alarm. The device went off and neither of us were aware of it. Lively Mobile called and I told them that my husband was fine in the other room. It was nice to know that they didn't ignore the alarm. Also, there was another instance quite some time ago when a fire truck showed up at the house. The button on his device had gotten pushed again mistakenly and he didn't hear what was going on. LivelyMobile's device and services are really great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lively Mobile by GreatCall?

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had to use Lively Mobile once when I fell and I had really good service. I had all kinds of ambulance and fire trucks and they took me to the hospital. The interactions I had with the Lively Mobile team were very wonderful. Now that I have the Lively Mobile device, I'm doing okay. I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Linda could not walk and sometimes she has a hard time trying to get up from chairs. It had been a lot easier knowing that she had someone she could contact immediately using Lively Mobile in case I was outside. She usually wore the device around her neck and at night, it was on the nightstand right next to her bed. Once in a while, she'd push the button to test it to make sure it was still working. But we've used it a few times. She had fallen and she had pushed the button. The operator came on and verified the address, wanted to know what the problem was, and said that she would call 911 and get help. The device gives peace of mind not only for the person who has it but for family members also. Linda really liked the device and it came in handy. But she's in the hospital right now so we canceled it.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I'm 90 and I don't expect to have anything last very much longer before I'd be gone. When you get my age, anything can happen. I started passing out and I did it twice in the house here and then I did it once after I was out. I don't know how long I was unconscious but I know that the blood on my arm from where I took the skin off was already dried when I came to. I did some other testing recently and I find that every now and then my heart stops. I wore a Holter for two weeks to record my heartbeat. And then there were skips so, I'll be having a pacemaker and that should take care of the problem. I decided I needed something to alert somebody if I really injured myself and couldn't continue on. I put the Lively Mobile on in the morning and wear it all day. At night, I take it off and just put it on the counter by my bed. I know that I got the alert thing that I can use if I have to and my experience with the device has been good.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Getting a Lively Mobile medical alert device was a precautionary measure since I'm by myself and approaching 70. So with it, if I go out and mow the yard or fall in the house, I would have some way to alert someone. I’ve already encouraged two people to get it.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Last winter, I was coming from a neighbor’s house back to mine and we had a lot of snow. I got stuck in the snow that was up high and I got into a drift and I sort of fell down. I pushed myself to get up, but I fell back down. Fortunately, I had someone with me and they called my son to come and help me. The person with me was my same age so he couldn’t help me much and he’d fall too. So, my children gave me Lively Mobile for a Christmas present and they pay whatever they pay for it by the month. I’m gonna be 91 this Mother’s Day and I live alone. I’ve had three friends die from falls and it was a simple fall. They hit the head and never came out of it. I feel that Lively Mobile may help me to get help if I needed.

I’m not steady on my feet and since having Lively Mobile, I feel more secure that way. Every once in a while, I like going upstairs and to keep me stable, I use a cane. I’m afraid I’m gonna fall so I’m glad I have it. I had an experience leaning on the button as it was on my chest and I accidentally pushed the button when I leaned over down on my chair to pick something up and the button worked. Lively Mobile’s representative responded immediately and they were very nice.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I'm in a nursing home and if I fall down, I got to crawl miserable carpets to get over to things. So, I’ve got this Lively Mobile around my neck. My daughter bought it for me. When I have it on, there's less worry. I wear it every day, but once in a while I don't. And it only stays charged for one day. If I don't charge it every night, it runs off the next day. Also, what the card was on came off the item and I could see that it's magnetic. It's scotch-taped but it scratches on my body. My daughter ordered a new one and it's been weeks but it hasn't come yet. I've used the button twice and they were okay. In one part of this building, they have a white string around their neck and it goes to the office. But mine goes to 911 and the police department comes.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I’m 90 and I live alone. I fell and broke my hip and wrist. The therapists wouldn’t let me leave the therapy unless I got a device. I chose Lively Mobile because I shop at Walmart and it was cheaper. I put it on when I get up in the morning and it makes me feel safer. At night I put it on the charger. But it quitted and I had to have it rebooted the other day. They were very nice when I called. I thought it only lasted a couple of years but she rebooted it and said that it would hopefully last another year or so. I've told several people about it. A lot of my friends are older and they live alone too. We want to live in our own home and that’s very important. I tell them that they've got to get something like that. I've heard some horror stories about people that lay for eight to 10 hours and it's awful. They don’t have this device and they can’t get to the phone.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I'm more confident since using Lively Mobile. I usually wear the one that hooks on. I use mine at night when I had to get up and go to the bathroom or something. I'm usually gone during the day because I'm out with people. That makes a big difference and I feel more secure. I would recommend Lively to a friend.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I had problems with my blood pressure and I was falling a lot and have injured myself. I got a medical alert device because of that and had a different company to start with. However, I had an incident where I needed them, and they basically weren't there. I was like screaming for them and they said they couldn't hear me. And then, I got the Lively Mobile and felt much more secure. Compared to what I had, they're hands down, way above. I just love them.

Having a fall deal on it, the device has to be around my neck. I've had my cat knock my deal off its charging cradle and the Lively Mobile team's response was immediate. In two or three seconds, they're on there. It's phenomenal. And I've had great experience with their reps. However, the device is clunky and it's a little awkward. It's a big, thick, square thing I gotta wear. And it pulses white, so I have a thing on my neck that pulses white when I'm in the working area, I'm close to a cell tower and it goes red when I'm out of the range. It's not the most attractive accessory, but I got what I gotta swap for. I had the previous company that couldn't hear me and then I got the Lively Mobile that can. I had shoulder surgery and I was doing PT, and it slid just a little bit while I was laying on the table and they came right on, saying, "Are you all right?" And I was like, "This is what I get for having the clunky thing."

Original review: April 27, 2018

When I first got my Lively Mobile, I wore my device in my pocket and it was very good and helpful. I had pushed it a couple of times in the past and their team answered and wanted to know what my problem was. I told them that I had fallen and that my husband alone could not get me up. It turned out that I had a broken knee cap. Lively Mobile's team sent the paramedics and the fire truck team right away. They got me up and the doctor with them examined me right away. At that time, they wanted me to go to the hospital and be X-rayed. I told them that I mend really fast and I would be alright by morning. However, that wasn't to be the case. By evening I was no better and my husband had difficulty getting me onto the bed.

The next morning, I was so bad that I told my husband that I had to call the Lively Mobile team back. I called them and told them to get me to the emergency to get X-ray which they did. Fortunately, the doctor said that I wasn't bad enough for surgery but I needed to have a brace. Now, my life has changed a little and my husband is home more. I use the Lively Mobile device less but I have it by my side on the table.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I got a medical alert device since I'm not in that great of shape. I have tested my Lively Mobile device once and it was okay. However, I don't use it that much. I don't wear it because it's in the way but I have it close by. Also, it's too big to hang around your neck. It just needs to have some kind of a hook on it or a necklace like all the other ones you see on TV and not to have them big and bulky like that.

Lively Mobile response

Vyrl, we are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the size of the Lively Mobile and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall’s Lively Mobile goes everywhere you do and has patented GPS technology so we can find you in an emergency. We understand that you may need something lighter and we will continue to design and test further enhancements for future models.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I’m 89 years old, have fallen several times before, and so I needed the Lively Mobile in case I fall. I wear it around my neck and it’s wonderful to have it here. If I fall, I know how to get help. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: April 23, 2018

My son bought the Lively Mobile and so far, so good. But sometimes I wonder if it works because I haven’t had to use it and haven’t accidentally set it off. I can’t move around a whole lot and I have to walk on crutches or a walker because I can’t walk without either one but I do alright. I’m in the house and I can hold on in the kitchen a lot so I mostly use it when I’m by myself. I don’t care for the black thing around my neck because it’s a little hot and I need something to hold it but not that big.

Lively Mobile response

Hi Nellie, if your experiencing a hot device, please call Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, as soon as possible.Also, you can press the button for a test call to ensure your Lively Mobile is working properly, be sure to let the 5Star agent know it is a test call.

Original review: April 22, 2018

When I was young, I used to fall and jump right up and go dancing but now, I would fall and I would stay right there. In January, I fell and got knocked out and I had nobody to help me. So now I can't be without my Lively Mobile. In the beginning, I couldn’t handle the device around my neck and they tried it on my wrist, but I couldn't take it off when I wash dishes. But they should make this with a hook and could be pinned on a blouse or on the side of your slacks. But now I’m so used to it, I couldn’t go without it. I would feel much better when I have the device, though it was a little bit too heavy around the neck. Other than that, they have very good people and I recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I would be 90 in September and I had been living alone, and I felt it was time to get a medical alert device. I wear the Lively Mobile device around my neck constantly, and I have adjusted and feel very safe with it. I have a place out in The Hill Country of Texas and the hills stop a lot of radio waves. And when I get down there and call Lively Mobile to do a test, they can hear me clearly. And they would ask me if I’m injured and they had been very pleasant. I would charge the device every three days and I wished it didn’t have to be charged as frequently. Other than that, I’m quite happy with the device and I’ve told others to buy one from Lively Mobile.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm a veteran, I’m 90 years old and I'm still running strong. I've had the Lively Mobile for a few years now and it’s a good safety device for me and it's good outside the home. I had one other kind but it was only good across the street. When the Lively Mobile came out, because I'm outdoors a lot, it's good anywhere. It may be an automobile accident or any emergency no matter where, you're gonna get help. Once in a while, I press the button just to call in to make sure it's still working. And I immediately get an answer. The rep then asks me what the problem is and where I am, then I just tell them that it is just a test. It should be a policy to do a test, at least, once a month.

With the device, if I need help, I would expect to get it a lot quicker than I get on my cell phone. If it's a bad situation, I won't have time to be playing around with the phone. With the Lively Mobile, I just click the button and I get help. I don't have to see it. With phones, I gotta be able to press it and need to see it. I can't put this thing around my neck though. I'm outside a lot of times and I'm going here, there, and everywhere, so I keep it in my pocket and normally in my chest so I can get to it. It feels good to have around. And so far, it gives an immediate response from the Lively Mobile reps and I'm very well satisfied. I feel safe with it.

I go to the legion down here every morning for coffee and to any of our events and I show my Lively Mobile every once in a while to people. I advertise it a little bit because anybody that's active should have one. It's not just for old age people like they show in advertisements. In the advertisements, most of the time I see somebody fall, "Oh, I can't get up." That doesn't register with me. It should be rounded up to all types of people. All I ever see is this guy fall down, he can't get up or somebody in the bathtub and that's not the only reason I need this thing. There are other things that I could use it for outside areas too. I go hunting also. It's good for sports. It's unlimited. Lively Mobile should reach out a little bit more. It's true that people fall in the tub, or on the floor, and they can't get up, but that only reaches to a certain type of people and they're all old. It's a health safety device for all of us. I highly recommend Lively Mobile.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am very active and I am fine, however, I am 91. I also had a cataract surgery and it affected my reading. I could still see to drive but I couldn't see small prints. I got a medical alert device from Lively Mobile and I'm very pleased with it. I wish it was smaller though but it's there and if I need it. It sits on my nightstand. If I am going out, I'll carry it in my purse. I've never had the occasion to use it, but so far, it keeps blinking.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I’ve been having problems because I dropped my Lively Mobile and it fell apart. I tried to put it back together. I tried to tape it and the tape got in the place of the side where it goes in to recharge. With the tape covered in there, it wouldn’t recharge so I took a piece of string and tied it around there and that’s what’s holding it up now. I didn’t know how to go about it, whether if I’m going to be charged for a new unit or I can get a new one. I had an issue in the first week of February. But it took so long for them to respond. When I pushed it, it kept the recording that says, “You have an emergency. You have an emergency.” Then it stopped. Then about two minutes later, you get a voice on there and that voice would say something. It’s not as consistent. On the other hand, their reps were fantastic.

Lively Mobile response

Warthingston, we are sorry to hear you have encountered a problem with your Lively Mobile. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. Our award-winning U.S.-based customer service team stands ready to assist any subscriber that encounters an issue and encourages them to contact us immediately for assistance, 1 800-733-6632.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I had a stroke so I needed a medical alert device. I've had Lively Mobile for a long time now and as long as I got it on me everyday, I'm fine. Oftentimes I put the device around my neck but it's in the way all the time. I had a wristband but it broke. Right now, I have the device in my pant pocket. Their team is also very nice. I've only called them once to help me when I fell. I’m going to call them again and check to be sure who I've got as the people on the list.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I’m 91 but I don't look and sound like one. I'm pretty healthy, except that my balance has gone down since I had hip replacement surgery. My children insisted that I get a medical alert device because I live by myself and I don't like to live with anybody. I have now the Lively Mobile and it gives me confidence especially when I’m outside.

I don’t let the device affect me because I forget about it except when it starts ringing. I was in church during a mass on Sunday, and it started ringing. I had tucked it in because I knew I'd be going to church and I didn't want it to happen but it did. I don’t understand the time I have it plugged in. The battery gives me less time if I don’t charge it in that long. Last night, I had it plugged overnight. And before I knew it, the darn thing started ringing all over again, and I was ready to throw the damn thing out. It gives me more trouble than it's worth. I wish they would do something about that. I hate it 'cause I also have a hearing aid and if the battery goes off then I've got two things going off at one time.

And sometimes, I won't wear the device to church. I put it in my purse. The chain is silver and I don't like to have that metal part 'cause I wear gold and I'm very conscious with the way I look when I go out. Otherwise, I would recommend it. Having a wrong balance is not good and if you had a surgery then you should have the device. I would not have gotten it but I have it now and I noticed the difference that I should have it.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My daughter bought a Great Call Lively Mobile for me. I needed it because of my age. Lively Mobile is good and brings peace of mind to our family, so we don't worry. That's was why it was such a very thoughtful gift from my daughter. Everything is fine with the device. I feel more independent with it and that I have it with me if I need it. I take it with me if I'm going out and if I'm by myself. I’m an active senior and I use it quite often. I’m even considering the possibility of changing my phone over to that and doing it ourselves. I might even use it for a different device too. I would recommend it to a friend and I would tell my friends to take it with them and keep it in their pocket.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I'm 93 years old and I live alone. I had a heart attack and a surgery and had a defibrillator put in. I needed some help. One time, I fell and although my son lives by me, he said that I got to have a Lively Mobile device in case he's gone since he goes to the lake a lot. So he bought one for me and I've been wearing it ever since. I feel good about it because I know I could get help. It doesn't bother me because I know it's for my own good. But I had a problem with the first device. It didn't work correctly and wouldn't charge. The reps ran something but it still didn't help. So I talked to their reps and they replaced it. I'd tell a friend to get a Lively Mobile device.

Original review: March 10, 2018

My husband is over 80 and he has had medical issues. The Lively Mobile device was suggested to us by our homeowner's association here that it was available and that by having it, we would be assured that my husband would have the response of help if he needs it. I'm one of the benefactors and when I leave the house and knowing that he has it on, he would have some assistance if he fell. He wears it on occasion and it seems to work just fine. It's like having an insurance. There has been a big push for Lively Mobile in the community and I find this in a lot of people in the last couple of years.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I’m a high-fall-risk. I wear my Lively Mobile on my neck all the time, except when I’m sleeping. I put it on as soon as I get up in the morning. I have had fewer worries since getting it. I regularly get a false reading like, “We detected a fall. Please push the button if you really didn’t fall.” I then push the button. I have a really rare, neurological disease and I’m in a support group with other people with the same rare, neurological disease. I've told them that I like Lively Mobile and that I recommend it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I already had a medical alert device from MobileHelp and their unit was excellent but it consisted of three parts. There was a home base and then one that I wore in my belt and the neck unit. And it was a plain pain in the ass. So when GreatCall came out with a single unit that you wear around your neck, I switched over. It is one simple part that did everything that MobileHelp’s three units accomplished and the costs were about exactly the same. I feel more comfortable wearing GreatCall than not, especially when I'm in the shower. But I had one issue the other day when I put it down and it didn’t seem to charge. Otherwise, my experience has been excellent.

GreatCall has a great product and I recommended it to a neighbor of mine here in Delray Beach and I gave him a flyer which gave him all the information as to how to call GreatCall. He did so but he ended up being connected to a completely different company because someone redirected his phone call to a rival company. My impression is that there's a mole in their marketing office who is being paid by a rival company. I had my neighbor drop the rival company and he called GreatCall again. I was there with him and he is now enrolled in their program.

Lively Mobile Company Information