Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are so glad you feel safer having the service and find it comfortable and convenient to use. We hope you are feeling better and take care!

Original review: April 6, 2017

The people at Philips Lifeline were friendly and nice and they serviced me the best they could. They were great guys and were quick to respond. I had used them several times to call the ambulance when I fell and they had to get me up. I also used the button about a week ago to call the ambulance and go to the hospital because I had pneumonia. Since having Philips Lifeline, I feel safer. It's easy to use, comfortable and convenient. It does make me feel better.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the service and appreciate the recommendation. Be well and take care!

Original review: March 5, 2017

The people at Philips are very responsive. We bang or drop our device and it alerts them and they call us although it's nothing to do with anything because it's our fault. I wear it all the time when I'm outside and it's a lifesaver. We have already recommended it to a very good friend of ours who lives by herself down in Tucson, Arizona and she's wearing one. It's been wonderful.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and thank you for taking time to provide a review!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am 88 years old and have fallen a number of times. A medical alert is the easiest thing that, if I do fall, I can push the button and get some help. I wear my Philips Lifeline device like a necklace around my neck and don't take it off. I still make sure that my balance is good so it’s a safety situation. I’ve had no problem with their team and they're always very polite and nice when I check in with them once a month.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for providing a review to us. We are glad to know you are doing well and have not had to use your service so far. Please take care!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I've had a stroke and my doctor ordered me to have a medical alert so I got a Philips Lifeline. So far, I have not fallen however, they called one time to know if I fell because my record showed that I did and the device didn't go off. They wanted to know what was going on and if the device was working good. I told them I haven't fallen and that I'm not a clumsy person that fall. When I stand up, I stand a second or two before I move. And then, I walk very carefully. I don't try to stumble over something. I wear it around my neck and I've had it on for several months now. It does not bother me at all and so far, I've never needed it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm aged and the Philips Lifeline gives me a sense of security for me to not worry. It's so much a part of me I pay no attention to it. I like that I can wear it into the shower which is nice. The only thing I changed is the black cord that was on it. I put on a silver chain that looks a little more attractive. I got a little notice on the phone once that says I have to call in and they just asked if I had a problem and I said no and they thanked me.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad we could be there for you when you needed us, and happy to hear everything was okay. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review, and we appreciate knowing you are happy with the Philips Lifeline service. Thank you!

Original review: May 13, 2017

I'm 90 years old and I'm getting sort of feeble. That's one of the things that led me to get a Philips Lifeline. And I'm here all alone so I really am glad I got it. Everything's working good. I like that they check on you once a month to make sure that they're in working order. That's nice and really special. I had to call them one time. I thought somebody was breaking into the house. I heard this real big graze and it sounded like somebody ran right through the garage door. The doorbell rang but I didn't answer it because I was scared. I went to the kitchen and turned on the garage light to see if there's anything out there. There was no car, nothing, no one out but the garage window was all broken and there was glass all over the garage floor.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether I should press the button or not and I thought the only way I'm going to get help is if I pressed it and so I pressed it and that was the first time I ever had to use it. She called the sheriff and they came here in no time. They took real good care of everything and it was a neighbor man. He was coming over with some papers to give me and he fell on the front porch and knocked the window out. I was glad it was him but I still won't open the door. They took care of everything right then and there. They were just wonderful. I'm real happy with it. And I really think highly of it. I would recommend them to anybody.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are happy with the Philips Lifeline service and appreciate that you would recommend it. Thank you!

Original review: May 12, 2017

I always have my Philips Lifeline with me. I wear it around my neck and I feel secure with it. I had one emergency and it came through for me. Everything is fine. It works and I'm very happy with it. I would recommend it entirely.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear the Philips Lifeline service has given you a sense of security, and glad to hear you are doing fine. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Original review: May 11, 2017

I live alone and I'm 91 years old. I feel anybody alone needs to have something they can call immediately like the Philips Lifeline. I've had a lifeline for 12 years, maybe more than that. It gives you a sense of security that isn't there when you're alone. When I test for a little call, the General Hospital answers. I assume they were the Philips emergency and then they put you in touch with whomever is on the list. For instance, my son. And if they can't get him, they get the police or whatever. And then I only call to get a new cord, because it wears out around the neck and I wear it in the swimming pool three days a week. Right now, I'm doing fine. I'm glad I've got it and I wear it and expect them if I have to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and we appreciate the recommendation. Please continue to be well and take care!

Original review: May 10, 2017

My experience with Philips Lifeline has been fine. I've had it since I broke my hips as I was coming out of the hospital and couldn't do three flights of stairs about four or five years ago. The people came in, put it in in one day and they were good. In October, before I had a little ulcer attack and had to be in the hospital, I was getting very slow, so I called and we did all our business over the phone. The representative took all the information and said that someone will come to check up on the system and it’s been good since then.

One night, I slipped against the closet door of the bathroom and fell on the floor. I sat there for a while and said, "I'll move myself around and see how I maneuver." I crawled from the room right out to the hallway and got myself to sit on the stairs. From there, I could reach for something to get up all the way. I was moving in the bedroom floor and figured it all out. All things considered, I would highly recommend them because I've had such good luck with them. I couldn't manage without them. Recently, a friend called me about it and I recommended it to her. She got one and she's happy with it. Everybody that needs one or can afford it should have one because they're really good.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear you are doing fine after your falls, and happy that we were there for you when you needed help. Thank you for your taking the time to give us a review!

Original review: May 7, 2017

I'm almost 85 and I'm an invalid. I fall very easily. I've been picked up off of the floor many times but I'm fine. The only bones I ever broke were in my foot and that's because I got tangled up in my oxygen cord. That's what happened before I had the medical alert device. I still have it and it's on right now. I wear it all the time because if I fall I cannot get up so I would have to call EMS. I'd have to press my button and go from there. I wear it everywhere except in the shower. One time, I tested it accidentally. It hit something and went off but I never pressed it. I just call 911 and my husband's here all the time. On the whole, my experience with Philips Lifeline has been good so far. I'd recommend it to a friend. It's something that you need.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you find the button comfortable to wear, and that our representatives have been there for you. Please feel free to call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: May 6, 2017

My children decided that I need Philips Lifeline because I'm 92 years old. They said they were doing it for their benefit. They watch over me very carefully and they want to make sure that they know if something’s going bad. My arms are so skinny, so I didn't want the bracelet. Instead, I use the one with the help button around my neck and it doesn't bother me at all. I've used it a couple of times and the reps were always there for me. This device is a lifesaver and I've talked to several people about it. However, I have trouble with the battery a lot. When I call them about it, they eventually straighten stuff out but it happens quite often.

Philips Lifeline

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of you wife, thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your thoughts. Please be well and take care!

Original review: May 5, 2017

My wife got real sick. She had trouble and I couldn't leave her in the house. She could push the button and get some help if I did leave her so I got her a medical alert device. She has since passed away and I just took it all for myself. I've been wearing it around my neck for a year now. I accidentally set it off at one time. The response seemed like it took a while but it probably wasn't that long.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything seems all right with my Philips Lifeline, but every once in a while the light comes on. The other day and last week, it was showing that light for about two or three days then it shut off again. When we picked it up, it said low battery. My son called in and they said they would come and do it. This has been going on for a long time. Other than that, my son usually checks on things and everything else seems okay. I wear the device around my neck and it doesn't bother me. It's the best and if I don’t feel good, then I'm glad that I have it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out to us, please never hesitate to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any needs you have. Take care

Original review: May 4, 2017

I got the Philips Lifeline for an added protection since I'm usually alone and fall a lot. The button was accidentally pressed by the people who dust the table and the people who answer to the alarm was quick to respond. I had to say that it's okay, it was just an accident. One time, someone answered a false call and she couldn't even speak English. I don’t know what she was doing answering it but I think it was a mistake. I do need another button on the device. I can't find the button that I'm supposed to wear all the time. I've been meaning to call and ask them but I've been so busy that I haven't bothered to get hold of anybody. I use the device that goes around the neck. I need a replacement and I'll obviously pay for it.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear that you are doing alright from your falls and you were not hurt. We are glad we can provide you and your son peace of mind. Please take care, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I was in my kitchen one time where I had my washer and dryer. I put something in it and I was facing my cupboard, the sink and cabinets. Then, my foot caught on the chair that I was sitting on and I went forward. Both of my hands came out and my two arms were on the cupboard. I went straight forward and I was leaning on my cupboard but I didn't get hurt that time. Then, I have this thing you put in the ceiling that spins around the air. I got up from my chair and I reached up to pull the thing down to it make it stop because the fan kept going around. Just as I put my hand up, I don't know what happened to me but when I realized what happened, I had turned myself around and landed on my knees and I had my arms on my couch. I didn't get hurt then so thank God, but those were why my son bought a Philips Lifeline for me. We talked about it. I'm 93 and he thinks it's necessary that I have these things.

When he comes, I have to laugh at him because the first thing he does is look to see if I'm wearing it. I had to use it two times. The first time was about a month ago. It came on and it went fine. Then, the last one I had was last week. I was coming out of a room and I don't know how I did it but I went flat down. My arms and legs are up on the floor. It came right on as soon as I hit the floor. A guy called and asked if I'm okay. He told me why he was calling and he said they were ready to come and get me. I said I'm okay but I guess he knows because I was talking with this voice that I wasn't stopping and catching my breath but I wasn't knocked out. It is working fine for me and I really like it. I would tell anybody that needs one to please get it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son wanted me to get a medical alert device and he chose Philips Lifeline. It's been very good. We've used it accidentally, a little one toddling around. They responded very promptly.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out and providing a review to us. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns. Be well and take care!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I was living alone with my cat in my 70's and I thought if something would happen, my cat and I can't unlock the door and let the fire department in. So, I thought that it might be a good idea to get a medical alert device, and I've had Philips Lifeline since then. I've never had to use it, but there were times that I accidentally pushed the button and they were sometimes prompt in response. Other times, it takes four minutes and I've been a little disappointed in that. But they call in a reasonable amount most of the time. I'm usually in the bedroom and the machine is in the kitchen so I never knew if they'd hear me. But I have a phone so I pick it up and answer when I hear it ring. However, they call more than once a month and have me answer that thing for testing. It's a pain in the neck. It's always when I've been on the phone or if somebody's been on the phone and as soon as they hang up, it's ringing and, "This is Philips Lifeline."

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you need help and are wearing your button, our emergency call center is open 24/7 and are just a button press away. Please do not ever hesitate to call our Customer Service Department for any questions about how your service works, or any concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Take care

Original review: May 2, 2017

I have heart problems so I decided to get a medical alert device. But Philips Lifeline really isn't doing anything for me. I don't really need it. So I've been thinking about changing or I'll probably just cancel. I feel like I wasted $44 a month for nothing. If I needed them, I don't know if they'd be a help or not.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with us, We are glad to hear you are happy with your service, and are glad you are alright after that fall. Our buttons are waterproof so you should also wear it in the shower. Please be well and take care!

Original review: May 1, 2017

I had an entertainment center that had glass on it and I wanted to hook my speakers on. And so, I got a chair to get up, fell, and put my arm through the glass. My wife said that we needed something to keep me safe and decided to get a medical alert device from Philips Lifeline. I wear it all the time except when I'm in the shower. Since using the device, I feel safer knowing that if I get in trouble, all I have to do is push the button and I get help immediately. All of their reps have been good and all I have to do is check in with them every month. I've used the device once and they sent an ambulance over in minutes. I'm happy with the service.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your Fathers story with us. We are so glad that we have provided security for you and your family. We also appreciate all the recommendations as well. Be well and take care!

Original review: April 30, 2017

My father has a peripheral vascular disease, and he had had numerous surgeries and then he got gangrene and lost his leg. There was a progression of inability to get around by himself. When he first became ill, I was working full-time at a non-profit hospice and we recommend Philips Lifeline to our patients and we have coupons for that. So I decided to get their device too.

My experience with them is great. My dad wears it around his neck. We have fewer worries and have a sense of security. Sometimes I have to run to town and he's in his chair, I don't like leaving him. He's able to get up by himself, but if an emergency came up, he couldn't get up. So if I'm gone for a few minutes, I know that he's got that button to push if he needs to. Even for myself, if we get into emergency situation and I remember to push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children decided that I needed a medical alert device and I've had it for two years. Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to wear it because I can't hide it under my clothes completely. Nevertheless, I would recommend it as a safety device for those who could fall and need help as they are getting older.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear that the service is working well for you and you would not be embarrassed to use it if you needed it. Thank you for providing us with this review. Take care

Original review: April 28, 2017

One of my neighbors told my pastor that I fell several times and so my church bought Philips Lifeline for me. My biggest complaint is when I wear it around my neck, it makes my neck itch. Unless I have a collar, it's hard for me to wear it. Also, it'll only work in the house or down to the mailbox. However, I'm thankful to have it.

I have to use a cane to walk my legs. I'm a diabetic, so that makes my legs hurt. I get off-balanced and I've set the device off a couple of times when I had it on and I ought to be careful about that. One night, when I got up to use the bathroom, I heard a man's voice asking if I was okay. And I'm stumbling around and asked where he was. He explained very kindly that he was checking on me and wanted to know if I want to call somebody. That's when I decided I couldn't sleep in it anymore, so I hang the device on my lamp beside my bed. Another time, I fell on the floor and that's when they came in and found me. All in all, their people are so kind and I wouldn't be embarrassed to call them about anything. I couldn't ask for anybody to be nicer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son wanted me to have a medical alert device because I live alone. He chose Philips because it works really well. Since getting it, it has served its purpose. It's in my kitchen and I'm in that part of the house most of the time. I can hear it in every room of my house. I would recommend Philips Lifeline because it might save somebody's life.

Philips Lifeline

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of you husband. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this review. Take care and be well.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We first got Philips when my husband was still alive. It was on television and somebody had told us about it. I made the call to check with them and see what it was all about. It was for him that we got it, and then they added me onto it. After Henry died, I went with it. It's really been a help and a blessing. During the times that I've had to use it, it has really been great. It's been a while, thank God, since I had to use it.

Not too long ago, within a couple of weeks, I had thought about discontinuing it because when the power goes out here, I don't have my Philips Lifeline. Our phone system is linked with our cable system and Philips Lifeline is in all that. Also, when I leave the house, when I'm in the car or elsewhere, I don't have it with me. In fact I had talked to them about discontinuing it, but then I got back with them when I got to thinking that I need to keep it for the times when I'm home, which is the majority of the time, and during the night time when I'm alone. Plus, when I call to pay my monthly bill with my debit card, everybody's just so kind and encouraging.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and sharing your families story with us. We are so sorry for the loss of your mother. Thank you so much for providing this feedback to us and we appreciate the recommendations as well. Please be well and take care!

Original review: April 26, 2017

My father fell and broke his hips, but both he and my mother deemed it not necessary to call me. I came home from work and he was on the floor, and he's been there for two and a half hours. It was terrifying and that’s when I put my big foot down. I looked at a couple different medical alert devices and I chose Philips Lifeline because it was recommended by Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital. They tested the Philips devices at their facility and that would detect if someone slipped or fell.

But when my mom passed away, I cancelled her necklace. I need to cancel my dad’s too 'cause it's not being used anymore. I've gone with one that’s a cell phone that he wears around his neck and it's also convenient anywhere he goes. But I was very happy with Philips Lifeline and I had much fewer worries. A couple of times, my dad was out breaking up cardboard boxes in the driveway and he hit the necklace by accident and didn’t know it. An ambulance came driving down the driveway, and they saw him throwing around boxes. They told him to have a happy day and took off. It was funny but we knew it worked. The one problem I had was that sometimes Comcast’s phone service cuts out. When that happens, I didn't have any protection for my dad. That was one reason I decided to go to the individual phone that he wears around his neck.

I would recommend Philips Lifeline to a friend, though. They've been professional and courteous. I want to thank them for their help during the time of transition while I was trying to help my parents be comfortable in their own home. I really liked too that the device was of a smaller size. The cell phone my dad's wearing is a larger size unit which is not that convenient.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you talking the time to provide a review to us. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your service and you have benefited from it. We also appreciate that you would recommend Philips Lifeline. Thank you, and take care!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I had heart trouble, have diabetes real bad, and fall a lot. I was also living alone so I needed a medical alert device. My daughter-in-law suggested Philips and I've had it for years now. I wear the help button around my neck. The few times that I have called the representatives at Philips, they were always right there and helping right off and they were very good. I'm very satisfied with all the benefits and I would recommend Lifeline.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've fallen a couple of times and was having trouble getting up. And so, my two sons got me a Philips medical alert device. The people at Philips were very helpful in setting it up. Since having the necklace, I've been more confident when I'm the only one in the apartment. If I should take a tumble, then I know that I have the device there. Their service gives me a sense of security. However, when I work at the kitchen sink, the button wants to get in line with the counter. And so, I've been turning it backward inside of my blouse so that I don't set it off. I've accidentally hit the button twice. Still, I'm not worried because the people at Philips Lifeline have been really courteous when I set it off in error.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Philips Lifeline for quite a few years and I've used it several times. I hang the device around my neck all the time and they've been there for me when I've needed it. It's always worked efficiently and the Philips team has always responded and were very courteous and helpful. My radar went off so I called them a couple of other times and they always answer promptly and they've always helped me by calling the police. I would recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for providing this review to us. We are glad to hear the service has provided security and added peace of mind for you and your family. We appreciate the recommendations as well, thank you so much!

Original review: April 24, 2017

I'm 85. I slipped out of bed and broke my arm, so my children wanted me to have a Philips Lifeline. At the beginning, they felt they had to stay here with me but they really didn’t because I can get up. I have a cane and I have a walker sitting alongside my bed, which I only use for other things like taking my garbage out. I wear the device around my neck and put it on over my nightgown at night. I also use it in the daytime if I'm just in the house.

It was pushed by accident and the response was fast. I probably don’t need it but it's a security thing for me and I'm keeping it just in case. Having Philips Lifeline is great and it eases my children's mind. I've seen some that are less expensive and the man at church said to get a different one which Medicare will pay for but I said I already have one. A lot of people at my age don’t need anything like that but I would recommend it to anybody that’s 85 or older or anybody that has problems. I'm happy with my Philips Lifeline.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need a medical alert device because I'm handicapped. I've got two replacement knees and a hip. Philips Lifeline is great although the first one I had before this, you could travel in. The representatives have also been very good. I haven't had any problems with them. But the help button sometimes pulls hair in the back of my neck. Nonetheless, it works.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Thank you so much for recommending us as well. Be well and safe.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I'm 79 years old, I have arthritis and I live alone. I've had my device for six years. When I first started, it was through Baptist South in Montgomery and then it changed to Philips Lifeline. I have an in-house and it's on and worn all the time that I'm home. The only problem I have had was last week when I was alerted that it was time to check it. I had pushed the button the third time and it took almost five minutes before they picked up. They told me they were having some issues and that they were working on it.

But three years ago when I had a stroke, I talked with them and they were very attentive. My daughter got here before the ambulance and they called three times and talked to her a couple of times. They got the ambulance here fast and they called to make sure the ambulance was here and that I had been transported. They also did a follow-up call after that to see if I was okay when I came home from the hospital. I've had nothing but good luck with Philips Lifeline. The guy that put it in guaranteed me that it works. When his daughter put it around her neck and fell, it immediately responded. Also, I stumbled one time but didn't fall and they called to make sure I was okay. It's all been good and I've recommended it to several of my friends.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review. We are glad to hear you are comfortable with the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions. Take care!

Original review: April 21, 2017

I have a Philips Lifeline device as I live alone most of the time. I'm a member of this church and they were paying for most of it for a lot of people. They told me they would pay for mine so I went on it. I once talked to one of their reps to test my button and it was okay. There was no walking through anything. I wear it around my neck and feel comfortable with it. I would recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Before I had surgery on my head, I was falling down like a rag doll and couldn't stand up. My son bought a Philips Lifeline for me and I feel more secure having it. Their reps used to call once a month and test the device but they haven't done that for a long time now. I've only had to use the device twice. Once was when I fell and another time was when I was over-medicated and had to call an ambulance.

Philips Lifeline Company Profile