toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the service and appreciate the recommendation. Be well and take care!

Original review: March 5, 2017

The people at Philips are very responsive. We bang or drop our device and it alerts them and they call us although it's nothing to do with anything because it's our fault. I wear it all the time when I'm outside and it's a lifesaver. We have already recommended it to a very good friend of ours who lives by herself down in Tucson, Arizona and she's wearing one. It's been wonderful.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad you are satisfied with your service and we are there for you when you need us, thank you so much for reaching out to us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I had a second stroke and it caused me to be unsteady on my feet. I was using a different medical alert device but it wasn't available for me to use when I moved to Iowa. I switched to Philips and whenever I needed them, they were there. I know that all I have to do is push that button and somebody will be here to help me with whatever it is that I need. And they’re here quickly as if I called 911. I'm very satisfied with Philips and I have recommended them to several people.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and thank you for taking time to provide a review!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am 88 years old and have fallen a number of times. A medical alert is the easiest thing that, if I do fall, I can push the button and get some help. I wear my Philips Lifeline device like a necklace around my neck and don't take it off. I still make sure that my balance is good so it’s a safety situation. I’ve had no problem with their team and they're always very polite and nice when I check in with them once a month.

Philips Lifeline

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out and tell us your story! We love hearing stories like this one, and we are so delighted that you and your husband are happy with the service. Please let your husband know the button is waterproof so he can wear it in the shower. Thank you again for reaching out and providing us with this positive review. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My husband had the Philips Lifeline button before we got married. He wears it as a necklace. He takes it off when he showers and then puts it back on. He has it on all the time, even if we go out. He lost his previous lifeline device so we called up and got another one. Philips Lifeline is a fabulous company. Whenever he has to check the button, the people who do the job on the phone responding are fantastic. We had only a few times that we waited but they apologized. They are also well-fitting in an emergency. When we got together and gave each other a humongous hug, the button went off and the reps called asking if it was anything. He said, “No, no. My wife just gave me a hug.” And the guy said, “Continue. Bye-bye.” So they also have humor. And that’s so important nowadays in life.

Philips Lifeline is the best and more people should have it. Whenever somebody lives alone, it doesn’t matter how old, things can happen. The lifeline button is one of the best things that ever was invented. For a single person or especially older people, it’s the most precious friend to have along. As an example, I had something going on in my life and I felt I was fainting, didn’t feel well, wanted to run to the neighbor, didn’t make it and was on the floor for two hours. And I was in my twenties then. So it really is not depending on old age only.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are happy to hear that your brother is pleased with the service, and is less worried since having it. Take care!

Original review: March 25, 2017

My brother was blacking out and going out so he got the Philips alert. He's real pleased with it and has less worries but he's getting to the age now where if he had one of those episodes and nobody's with him, he might forget to smash his button. But earlier, he was very alert with it. Usually, when the button is smashed, the Philips people respond or follow up real quickly and then they call back to verify if paramedics got here. They told me to test the alert every month. Philips is very good.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad you feel comfortable with the service, keep the button on and are happy. Take care!

Original review: March 25, 2017

I have a neighbor that takes care of me, but I need somebody I can get a hold of if I needed medical attention. Plus I live alone and I felt like I needed a way to get somebody to me if I needed help when I fall and I can’t get up. All the time fell, I was able to get up, but then I had my knees done and I had to have a carotid artery opened in my neck within a year. I felt like I needed Philips Lifeline and I would be more comfortable knowing that all I have to do is push a button and somebody will be there. The team members are very nice. Everybody’s been very helpful and I couldn’t ask for anything better. I wear the help button around the neck, and if I don’t have it there, I have it on my walker where I can get to it when I need it. I used it one time and it was perfect. I’m very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell down the stairs and wound up in the hospital so my family said that I needed to have the Lifeline. In once instance, I fell down in the kitchen and I didn’t even press the button but they were aware that I had fallen. I then got the emergency equipment here right away and helped me out. Lifeline's staff has been very courteous and very helpful. I automatically put the device on in the morning when I'm getting dressed and take it off at night when I go to bed. It's part of my dressing routine. I really feel safer, particularly going down to the basement and up the stairs. I wouldn't wanna be without it.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us. Thank you for letting us you would recommend us, we are glad you are pleased with your service. Be well, and take care!

Original review: March 24, 2017

I live alone, am legally blind and almost 82 years old. I took a fall outside last week and didn't press the button, but Philips Lifeline came and put in a new system for me. They changed the whole thing out and when I pushed the button, it immediately answered. They also gave me a credit so I didn't have to pay that month. I wear it around my neck. And when I was having trouble shortening and lengthening the rope, the rep told me she had a trick to show me and it works very well. So everything’s good right now. I would recommend the company highly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell and hit my head so I got the Philips Lifeline medical alert device. Since using it I had fewer worries. Their team was very friendly and courteous. Also, the help button was fine and when I fell, it set off the alarm all by itself. My experience has been very good and I'm glad that I got it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad you find the service comfortable, keep it on all the time and feel safe. Be well, and take care!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I'm getting older and it's hard to get around very easily. I had fallen a time or two so I felt like I needed to get in touch with something in case I had fallen and couldn't get up. And when I was in the hospital, Philips Lifeline was the service given to me. They also showed me how to use it. It's comfortable to wear so I have it around my neck all the time and I feel safe with it there. It's good to know that I've got the device and that it works. But one hang-up was when our electricity went off one time, and when it came back on, the reps at Philips instructed me to reset the device.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have, we are always happy to help. Take Care!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I use the Philips Lifeline device all the time. I had to use it a few times for help and it's working fine. One time I thought someone was in the house and I punched the device too many times. I called Philips and told them I was dreaming, but they still sent the police out. They said if I punch it more than three times, they have to send somebody out to check. Then I fell out of the bed one time or went to get up and my feet slipped, and I also fell in the kitchen one day in my sock feet. I couldn't get up so I had to call for someone to come and help me for those times. The representatives have all been nice, courteous and interested. I'm pleased with their response to try to get me help as quick as possible when I push my button. I try to be careful as much as I can but the device is handy when I do need it. I don’t know if it could be any better than it is.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns, we would be happy to help. Take care!

Original review: March 22, 2017

My Philips Lifeline medical alert device was very good and I was satisfied with it when it worked. However, it's not working right now. I had trouble with it, but I don't know what's wrong with it. The power went off. I don't know if my son-in-law pushed the button or not. It says "Help" on there, but I don't know what to do with it. I've used it and tried it out on the 21st of the month. Then, after doing that, I haven't pushed the button yet to see if it's working or not.

I don't like wearing the alert device around my neck. I'd rather have it around my wrist and I got the bracelet type. But the strap broke and I need another bracelet. I've been without one since October. We had to go away for a funeral in October and I talked to somebody at Philips then and told him, "I need a bracelet type. When it's around my neck, I pull it off, and if I'm in bed, I pull it off and throw it on the floor. So, I have better luck with the bracelet type." They told me to call them when I got back from my trip. I would recommend the Philips Lifeline alert device if I knew somebody that needed it right now. I know a lady that needs it, but she can't afford it. My daughter also has a friend that's moving within the next two weeks from Missouri, and I'll tell her about it when she gets here.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad you feel more relaxed having your service, and used it when you needed to. You are right the only way you can get help is to wear it all the time, it is waterproof as well so it can be worn 24/7. Please be well and take care!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I needed a medical alert device because I'm old and I live alone. Philips Lifeline has quality product and service. It makes me more relaxed because I know help is push-a-button away. I've only had one experience with Philips Lifeline team, fortunately, and it went very smoothly. I needed to get an ambulance quickly and I pushed that button, and they were here before I knew it. They were very nice. Since they knew I was alone, they stayed on the phone until they knew the ambulance was en route.

I know I should, but I don't wear it all the time. But I have it close when I go to bed. It's right on my nightstand. When I leave my bedroom in the morning to come to other parts of the house, I usually have it in the same room that I'm in. But that doesn't do much good if I fall down and can't get up. But, it's an excellent unit. I have a two-storey home and the thing that's nice is that whether I'm in the basement or my garage, it can pick up the signal and I can speak to the people directly. And that's a wonderful convenience.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us. We are glad you feel reassured with the service, and are satisfied. Take care

!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I fell and broke my hip so I've been in a therapy place and regimen. I got Philips Lifeline and it gives me an assurance. In addition, their staff has been very courteous and has been very nice to me. I've talked to different people who were using Philips and they were very satisfied with them as well. A friend of mine fell and she broke a vertebra. Philips has been tending to her with that and she and her husband have been really happy.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad you find the service comfortable, easy to use and you have more piece of mind. Be well and safe!

Original review: March 21, 2017

Everybody at Philips has been great. They've been courteous and professional when I talk to them. Since getting my help button, I've always had it with me. It is comfortable, easy to use and I like it the way it is. It gives me peace of mind and I think it's wonderful.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you feel confident with your service and thank you for recommending us as well. We hope you are feeling better at this time, take care.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I've had Philips Lifeline for a long time. I have the necklace and I can even shower with it. About six months ago, I stepped backward, fell, and broke my hip. I pushed my little thing that I got around my neck and it rang. It wasn't a moment that somebody answered and they were on the line. I hardly finished speaking and this woman there said that they'll take care of everything. They got the ambulance here and they got people to push me around. I'm in a SHAG unit and I lock my own unit but they even got it so that the ambulance could come and haul me away. The team at Philips Lifeline have always been courteous. I'm almost 93 and I feel confident that if anything happens, they'd be there. I'm happy with them. I know there are many of them but this one works so well, so I’m gonna keep it and I wouldn't change for anything. I've recommended it to a friend and she's really happy with it, too.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your story with us. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions, we are always happy to help. Please be well and take care!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I can walk a little with a cane but use a rollator in the house all the time. My son got me a medical alert device without my knowledge but he knew I needed it. My Philips Lifeline device is alright right now though I could use a new one. Not long after I got it, I was able to go close to my fence while I was with the lady that was helping me work with my flowers. I have not done that in a while. I must've had bent over much, and the Philips Lifeline team picked it up. I had to come in to the house and talk to them. I was sitting on my back porch and they came with an ambulance, a lady and a man. They said they didn't get an answer so they came out but I was alright.

Their people have always been very nice to me. They catch every little thing, whether I actually fall or not. They also ask me if I'm hurt or if I need anything. The device is very sensitive. I've talked to them because I fell in my kitchen but didn't get hurt, and again when I have accidentally touched the button on the side of the unit, which I've done a few times. The device was right beside of my bed on the nightstand, where I keep it and touch the red button if I have to. The device is comfortable and easy to use. It's right around my neck. It doesn't bother me and I wear it all the time except when I go out with my daughter. The Philips Lifeline team has been right here for me.

Philips Lifeline

We are so sorry for the loss of your husband, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you are happy with the Philips Lifeline Service. Be well and take care!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I was falling quite a bit and my husband was with me but he couldn’t help me up, so we had to call the emergency several times. And then, I’m alone now because my husband passed away. I now have a medical alert device because we always said if we were left alone, we should have one. My son researched Philips Lifeline and decided on it and felt that they offered the best. I like it because it goes in direct to the hospital.

My device was activated accidentally several times and they were right there at the very second and asked if I was okay and if I need any help. One evening, I was half awake and I could hear something. It seemed like a lot of people talking and I started wondering what was going on. And then I woke up, finally fully awake and I could hear the alert. People were talking, asking me if I was okay and what happened was I was lying on the button putting pressure on it and it activated it because I never take it off. I told them I was okay, that it was just an accident that it came on, and they even turned the receiver off for me. Whatever contact I’ve had has been working well, so I’ve been very happy with the device should I need it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for providing this review, we are glad that you are happy with the service, and that you would recommend us. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions on the other products we have, we are always happy to help. Please take care!

Original review: March 20, 2017

When I first got out from the hospital after I had my strokes, the young healthcare lady set up the Philips Lifeline for me so that I would be safe. I started out with the necklace and convenience-wise, it worked well for me and I'm happy with it. I never take it off except when I take a shower where I hang it right next to me. The reps have been very nice and helpful, and answer if I ask them something. Most of the time in the last year, I have fallen or pushed the button by accident and they have come right away to ask me if I needed help. I would recommend it. However, I’m thinking about changing over to the other kind that I can get. I’m more mobile now and I go out in the yard or go with my friends to do different things I like to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since I am up in age, getting a medical alert device is a smart thing to do. People that I knew had Philips Lifeline and were satisfied so I got it, too. Their reps are great. They call me every month and I call back and let them know that the device is working fine. I'm very satisfied.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for sharing your story with us, we are glad you are doing better. Be well and safe!

Original review: March 19, 2017

My doctor suggested Philips Lifeline. I got one and I wear it around my neck. The fire department has been here five times and they’ve gotten to know me because the same people have been here five times. And two of those times, I’ve broken bones. Sometimes, they were just wondering if I was okay because I haven’t used it for so long.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you providing a review and that you would recommend us as well. We are happy to hear that the service makes you feel more confident. Take care!

Original review: March 18, 2017

I've got a heart condition so I decided to get a Philips Lifeline. I called them to set the button up and they were friendly and helpful. Also, it gives me a little bit more confidence when I wear it at night. I would recommend it.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We will have someone reach out to you in regards to your concerns. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions as well, we are happy to help.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Philips Lifeline automatically calls me once a month to run a test by pushing the button that I wear around my neck. I had that call from them three weeks ago so I pushed the button. They're not supposed to take them more than a minute or two at the very most to respond but I still had no call half an hour later. So I wondered why I haven't had a call and what if there had been something wrong with me. There's also a reset button that I pushed and all I got was, "Your call has been answered. Somebody will be with you in just a moment." Then there's also a "Help" button that I pushed which I thought a live body would help me verbally but still, nothing happened. I found their number, called it and pressed "1" for emergency, I was getting no answer as well.

My neighbor was the person they would call in case they will and I didn't answer because my daughter, my closest relative, is two hours away. After an hour, my neighbor called me because she wanted to borrow something and she was going to come over to pick it up. Then two to three hours after, my neighbor came over and said that she got a call from Philips telling her they've sent the ambulance and the EMT people but she said I'm perfectly alright and nobody was answering the call on their end. The EMTs or the fire department is only a mile away from me, so it doesn't take them long to arrive. They also told her that there was a key outside but they didn't say where exactly it was. I had given them the description of where the key is housed and my house is sitting on 10 acres. All they have to do is give her the description and this happened over a four-hour period.

So I talked to them using my neighbor's phone, and their excuse was the bad weather and the phone lines were all screwed up. I'm in Northern California and the dam here was getting ready to give way but we didn't lose cell phones or lose any electricity. In addition, I got a call several days after from a Chinese restaurant in Massachusetts asking what I want. So maybe some of their phone lines were mixed up but even so, there has to be an emergency thing. They can't have a service like that and not have a live voice some place. So I wonder, how many other people it had happened to.

I called their customer service the next day to tell them what happened. The lady rep was very nice and she was writing what happened and would give it to her supervisor. I told her that if they were having trouble, why did they even send that call out? If they got through to my neighbor, why didn't they call me? She said they tried to call me but my phone was busy and I said that I was trying to get a hold of them. I was waiting to get a call back from them regarding what happened but I haven't heard from them, except for the flyer they send out monthly.

In addition, there have been times I've told them that I've waited too long. One time, it was five minutes. Another instance, it was three minutes. If that's a matter of life and death, that's too long. Also, I have a two-story house so I have Philips' boxes, one upstairs and another one downstairs. The one upstairs wasn't working which I didn't know about and nobody told me. Although they replaced it and they finally gave me the booklet on it after several years because I tested it. When I was supposed to do one of the tests from upstairs, it didn't come through up there. So why am I paying out this money if it's not working upstairs? I called them and the rep said to wait a few minutes. I told them it would be nice if I've known that because I'm usually downstairs.

It was a horrible experience and it wipes out everything else as far as the service goes. When I talked to one of their reps, I said I'm very tempted to change systems. It is about the same time I got an advertisement from another company, Life Alert, which I may look into. They have a much smaller unit compared to Philips and doesn't use a regular phone line which would be much better but I don't know if I'd have to pay extra because I have to have one upstairs and another one downstairs.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for providing a review to us. We are glad you are satisfied with the service and appreciate the recommendations. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions at 1-800-635-6156. Take care!

Original review: March 18, 2017

I fell in the bathtub a couple of years ago and my daughter who is a nurse advised me to get Philips Lifeline. When I've fallen twice, the device came in very handy. Also, the people I've talked to are lovely. I'm 97 and I've had it for a couple of years now. The service is very good and I'm very satisfied and so used to it that I hardly notice it. I have also recommended it to people. But I wish I could get it a little bit cheaper because mine is about $32 and I hear a couple of people having a cheaper one.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad you are happy and have recommended us as well. Please be well and safe.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I have multiple sclerosis for 42 years and I have had a heart attack. So my daughter-in-law got me a Philips medical alert and for a couple of years now, I've worn the Help Button all the time. It's wonderful and everybody I know is getting them. My sister in New Hampshire got one and she just plugged hers in yesterday. And when I broke my wrist, they have been so good, as well as when I fell in the hallway and had hit my head and bled a lot, because I was in blood thinners. They came immediately. Their team members are all very nice, very friendly, understanding, lovely and polite. I'd recommend Philips all the time to everybody. In fact, I think everybody’s getting them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have breathing difficulties so I needed a medical alert device. My hospice got one from Philips Lifeline for me. I wear it on my wrist and it doesn't bother me.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about other products we have and/or concerns, we are always happy to help. Please continue to be well and safe. Take care!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I was talking to my 13-year-old granddaughter in Las Vegas and I could only understand about seven of the words that she said. I'm wearing hearing aids and it's very difficult to talk on the phone with it. I thought there's gotta be something better. I saw an ad and I'm sure glad I called Philips Lifeline. I have the lifeline around the neck and a screen, which is a godsend, that types out what the other person says. It makes mistakes once in a while and runs about three seconds behind what the other person is saying, but I'm really satisfied and very happy with this thing.

I did do without it for several months when it started blinking and kept telling me my battery needed to be replaced. I called and Philips Lifeline said they'll send something. About a month later, they called and said I need my battery replaced but I can't figure out how to get into it without busting it and I didn't want to bust this thing. About two weeks later, somebody else called and they said they're going to send me another one so I got a whole new unit here. I look on it as a miracle machine. I went from almost not understanding anything on the telephone to being able to understand just as I could 10 years ago when my ears worked. I have a very large family. When I tried to talk to them on the phone before I had this, I kept saying, "What?" and "Huh?" which is not only embarrassing but also hurts.

Now, I can hear and I could get help. I live all alone with my dog, and old people fall down, which I do have falling down episodes. I get vertigo every once in a while and I also trip on things, and got quite a few bruises. So I have to be careful. The Philips Lifeline gives me a lot of peace of mind that all I have to do is push this little button. One time, I was mowing the loan and was about 50 feet from my house. When I finished, I turned around to come back to the house and a man and a woman were coming out my back door and there was an ambulance sitting out front. But I didn't fall down. It just goes off once in a while and that was one of the times.

I wish Philips had something that could follow me anywhere I went. I'm 88 years old and I duck hunt. I'm on the bay by myself waiting in the bulrushes and if I fall down and break something, which is easy to do at my age, nobody's gonna know where I'm at because there's a lot of space up there. I know there are some companies that can do that but I'm not changing because Philips has taken good care of me and I'm very happy with it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us! We also thank you for saying you would recommend us, we appreciate the feedback. Please take care!

Original review: March 16, 2017

I got a medical alert device because I have a broken pelvis. When I had to call Philips Lifeline, they came, took care of me and would have taken me to the hospital had I needed it. It was a good experience. They were very friendly and very professional. I would recommend them.

Philips Lifeline

We are so sorry for the loss of your wife. Thank you for the review that you have provided to us. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have, any of our representatives would be happy to help you. Take care!

Original review: March 16, 2017

Philips Lifeline transferred the device over to me when my wife passed away seven years ago. I wish they would give me a little bit bigger wristband because it's tight on my wrist and it would have been good for about a teenager. Every now and then they want me to call in. I do that once in a while but once I pick the device up and it starts yelling at me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I came down with Pneumonia and almost lost my life. I'm 93 years old and I live alone so I got the Philips Lifeline. When I came home from the hospital, their rep and I tested the device and it all checked out well. I let it charge during the night and put it back on in the morning. I wear it around my neck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My number one reason for needing a medical alert device is I'm legally blind and another is that I'm in a wheelchair. I got my medical alert device from Nyack Hospital, then Philips took over. It's more of a comfort for me to know that I have my medical alert device. In fact, I've already used it when there was an emergency. The help button is convenient. I just wear it around my neck and it's okay. The experience I had with Philips Lifeline has been very limited, but it has been satisfactory.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking time to provide a review. We are glad you find the service easy to use. Be well and safe!

Original review: March 15, 2017

I mainly use Philips Lifeline when I'm going up and down the stairs or in the shower. It's easy to use. Then I get up in the morning and I don't remember to put it on. As I go about my daily business, I'll remember and wear it to go outside. Also, their customer service was very friendly and easy to talk to. I bumped on the transmitter one time and they were on the phone within a few seconds and was very understanding that I made a mistake.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter, Mary, works for ARC and she got the Philips Lifeline medical alert device for me. I like it. I wear it around my neck and it's going to help me if anything shows up. I'd recommend Philips to a friend.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out to us, we will forward this to our Philips Lifeline office in Canada and have a representative reach out to you.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I have been a Philips Lifeline Canada customer since June of 2016. Just after I set this up, the lifeline went off accidentally in my apartment when I was out. The first contact was not called which was my apartment building's superintendent. My second contact also was not called. Immediately, the fire station and police were called. I am paying $68 a month and this was very poor service and not following their protocol of calling my apartment superintendent first. The door was broken down and I had a police officer standing there when I got home asking for my name.

I complained to Philips Lifeline and asked for a month for free which they did do. The representatives on the telephone are nice and the service itself is good. However, I think it's too expensive for seniors to pay at $68 a month! Many seniors are on limited incomes in Canada. When I called Philips Lifeline Canada and press the button to talk to someone as an existing customer, no one ever directly answers the telephone! Today I called and the voice mail to leave a message box was full! I then called the new customer line and a nice gentleman answered the telephone within 2 rings! When I do leave a message on the existing customer voice mailbox (when it lets me do this) I am not called back quickly whatsoever! They say it will take up to 24 hours to call back and sometimes it is 4 days later when I get the callback.

The customer service then is terrible for existing customers who are paying a premium amount for this service The service itself is good but the customer service with their employees refusing to answer the telephone on the existing customer line is just terrible! I did complain today and was told by the nice gentleman who answered on the new customer line (that was the only way to get through to a direct person there) was very apologetic and said he would pass along my concerns about their staff not answering the existing customer lines. This area needs A HUGE AMOUNT OF IMPROVEMENT!

Philips Lifeline Company Profile