toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Philips Lifeline

Virginia, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Philips Lifeline experience with us and others. We are happy that you are satisfied with your service, wear the button and find it comfortable. Thank you for also letting us know that you would recommend us. Please be well and take care!

Original review: July 23, 2017

It’s been a good experience with Philips Lifeline, so far, and I have recommended them to a friend. I’ve had both my knees replaced. I live by myself and I was having a problem getting around, so my daughter decided that I needed a medical alert device. I have the device that goes around my neck. I wear it 24 hours a day to keep my daughter from griping. It’s comfortable and I never notice that it’s there. I only take it off when I go to church.

Since when my daughter got me Philips Lifeline, I have fallen in the yard, broke my hip, and pushed the button. They sent the first responders out and then the ambulance came pretty quickly. I live in a little town outside of Texarkana so it didn’t take them long to get here. I’ve had a good experience with it. It’s a great thing that somebody decided to invent medical alert devices. It’s a big help. It gives me a lot of security since we live on the farm. I go out and give water to the cows or feed the chickens and I don’t have to worry about if something happens and I fall down out here.

Philips Lifeline

Hazel, we are happy to hear that you wear your button all the time and you have more confidence with your Philips Lifeline service. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Philips Lifeline experience and we appreciate you letting us know you would recommend the service!

Original review: June 20, 2017

My daughter put on a Philips Lifeline medical alert device on me right after I had a stroke a year or two ago. I can get help if I have to. I wear it all the time. I hang it around my neck and drop it down the top of my shirt or dress or whatever I have on. Nobody would know it unless they saw it from the back of my head. I've never called anybody for help but I know I could have it if I fell to the floor and I couldn't get up to call anybody. I've got confidence in the device and I'd rather have it than not. I would recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you feel more secure with the service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: April 5, 2017

I'm alone and didn't have any medical alert device so I got Philips Lifeline. I feel more secure and it takes away my worries. Called them a couple of times, sometimes those were error too. They've been very polite, helpful and understanding. I'm used to it now, doesn't bother me and don't even know I have it on sometimes. It's easy to use. I'm very happy with it. There are ones that are less expensive but I'm perfectly contented with this. It suits me fine.

They're really good. I call them usually once a month. When I push the help button, they call me in about a minute and they say, "Are you okay?" And I say I'm fine and that I just called to see if it's okay. I have it around my head but I wish there was a better way to have it where it is. But I've been using Philips Lifeline for 15 years and I haven't said, "Well, should I change?" I've never thought about it.

My mother is 88 years old. She moved up here from Alabama. I live in a two-story condo and there is no way, with her limited mobility, that she could traverse the stairs by herself. This Philips Lifeline has been the go-to device and it worked well. We’ve not had a fall but there have been a couple of times she dropped it and the response from the Philips folks was pretty quick. Also, I work during the day and though she still can get around, she’s here by herself until I get home at night so this device gives me a little extra sense of well-being knowing that if something happens, somebody will come to the rescue. Overall, Philips Lifeline is dependable and reliable.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us Jane. We are happy to hear you are pleased and satisfied with your Philips Lifeline service and have been with us for 17 years! Please continue to be well and safe

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

In 2010, I had my first fall out my backdoor and broke my shoulder. I didn’t have my cell phone and I laid there for almost an hour before anybody came and that was no fun. That’s when my kids made me get a medical alert device and I chose Philips Lifeline because at that time, Humana was paying part of the fees. I've had their device for 17 years and I wear it all the time and everywhere. I'll never wait an hour for somebody to come walking by. It also went off by itself twice when I couldn't push it.

When the thing around the neck wasn’t opening and closing easy, I ordered another one for 25 bucks. It happened twice but I only had to replace it and paid for it once. Overall, my experience with Philips has been top grade and nothing but pure pleasure and life-saving. They're such a good company. I check the device every month and I would recommend everybody that needs one to get only Philips Lifeline. Also, all the reps I talked to on the phone were very helpful and couldn’t be better.

I wear my Philips Lifeline every day in case I fall or something. I test the device every month and the Philips team responds within a few minutes. I've had my device for a long time now and the team is really prompt with the calls when I call them monthly.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regards to your fathers Philips Lifeline Service Joan. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Our family made the decision to get a medical alert device when my father kept falling down and didn’t have the strength to get up. We started out with Memorial Care Lifeline but Philips took over. We’ve only had Philips for about five months but it has been just efficient. So far it’s been really easy. They come on the line right away and then they contact the emergency personnel to come help us so it’s worked out really well. There’s somebody always here with him but none of us who are here with him are able to lift him anymore so it’s a nice backup and a nice security insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regards to your Philips Lifeline Service Joyce. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Quite a while ago, I fell at the church and broke my hip and after that, since I'm a widow, my family decided that I needed to have a medical device and I agreed to that. Even if I didn't have to use it, at least, it was there if I need help. I have it on a necklace and I don't even know it's there. It's a part of my life and I never take it off, except when I've gone to the doctor's office when he wanted new x-rays. I have recommended it to some friends who need it and I tried to convince them that it was necessary. I'm glad I have it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you Lorette for taking time to provide this review to us, we appreciate hearing from you. We are glad you are using your Philips Lifeline Service when you need it. Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have a heart condition and I'm a type 1 diabetic and Philips Lifeline saved my life a month ago. I have a bracelet, I put it on and wear it, and forget I even have it on sometimes. Their team has been very wonderful, polite and they do anything I need. Philips Lifeline is a very professional organization.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you Kimberly for providing a review to us. We are happy to hear that you have had a great experience with Philips Lifeline, and that you would recommend it. Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Philips Lifeline has helped me a lot. When I'm at home, the device helps me in a way that I'm free to move around in my apartment. I can take it to the shower and even out on my back porch. If I should have a fall, I can push my button and if I don't respond, they will go on and call help for me. They already have my maternal aunt down on my Lifeline services for contacts as well as my baby sister. I also test my Philips Lifeline device every month and they can hear me just fine.

The Philips Lifeline team were very friendly. They explain things to me when I don't know anything, especially about my billing statement. They are a great company to work with and to have in your life especially if you have any type of condition that will cause you to have falls or you can’t even open the door like I was. They've also been great with me when I'm having a financial difficulty. They never turn my Lifeline off. I have had great experience with Lifeline overall and I've recommend them to other people.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us Mattie, we appreciate hearing from you. We are glad you find your Philips Lifeline service convenient and you feel secure with it. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have congested heart failure and I fell. I live by myself too. I have Philips Lifeline and I wear it around my neck when I'm by myself. I only take it out when I leave the house. It's convenient and comfortable to wear. They also have really nice people that test my line monthly and it has always been a good experience. It's been pleasant and I feel more secure with it.

My husband passed away and my children thought that it would be a good idea for me to have a Philips Lifeline. They've always responded very quickly. One time, they didn't hear from me so they called my neighbor and my other friend to see if I was okay and I was. I just didn't want to hear from them. If I had to call them because I had a problem, it would be great but otherwise, I don't want to hear from them. But overall, Philips Lifeline is a good company though it's a little expensive because I have friends that can't afford it and I'm on the lucky side.

Philips Lifeline

Evelyn, We are sorry for the loss of your husband, we are glad you are still using the Philips Lifeline Service. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we appreciate that! Please be well, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

My husband used to have the Philips Lifeline and I kept it when he died. I live alone and I need it, so I'm using it. I have it around my neck. The Lifeline team has been very dependable whenever I have to call them. They're always helpful and they respond right away. They do a sound job and I would give them an excellent recommendation.

I've never had to use my Philips Lifeline and the only time I've had to contact them is when I had to change the expiration on my credit card. They had been very friendly, very helpful, and pleasant every time I've had to call them and there's never been any problem with them. It's reasonably small and I have it on the table next to my chair. It's easily accessible and I chose the wristband for the call button.

Philips Lifeline

Eugene, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are happy to hear that you wear your Philips Lifeline button all the time. Please continue to be well ,and take care!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

As an old folk, I know I am going to fall and when, and I'm not doing too good so my daughter in Tucson bought this Philips Lifeline for me. I got it on my neck 24-hours a day and it doesn't bother me. I'm independent all this time but I fell out in the yard one day and this thing said that I'm fine now. The Philips Lifeline team was good and they called nine phone calls before they got somebody to answer them.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regards to your Philips Lifeline Service Bonnie. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

The last time I fell, my doctor said that I had a mild stroke on my right side. I don’t have much feeling to do anything with my hand. My leg is not that bad, and I’m walking. I'm 85 and I live by myself. I always wear the Philips Lifeline down under my shirt. I take it off at night and hang it on my bedpost. I also take it off most of the time when I’m a taking a shower but I have it close to the bathtub. When the string that goes around looked like it’s coming apart, I called Philips and they sent me a new one and I send that old one back. Every once in a while, I punch the machine to see if it’s working. I’ve enjoyed it and I’m very well satisfied with it. It couldn’t be any better for me. I’ve tried to get other people my age to get interested in it and that if they ever fall, they’d wish they had one.

I'm 87 years old and my children thought that I should have a medical alert device. Dealing with the Philips Lifeline team has been fine. They were very friendly, and they always check if everything was okay if I needed them. They were good and very kind.

A couple of years ago I had a heart attack here at home. I also had in-home nursing for about 12 weeks while my daughter's been here in and out, taking care of me. But now I'm living alone, I don't drive and there are a lot of things that I can't do. I take care of myself though and do my house work so I feel very fortunate. Yesterday was my 95th birthday, so I thank God I'm doing all right. The team there at Philips Lifeline don't call that often but I have access to them if I need them. If I don't call, they'll call me and they were here for 12 weeks.

It's a big comfort to have the Philips Lifeline. I'm happy with mine and I like it. My kids are around but they’ve got their own lives and they don't live that close. My daughter is closer than my son but daughters usually know what to do more than sons do. When I first had my attack, my son came and stayed with me which gave his sister a relief who was away for about a week. My daughter also comes in and helps me with my bank statements and bookkeeping because I have trouble thinking sometimes in depth and I haven't driven since the attack happened three years ago. Overall, I’m very satisfied with Philips Lifeline and I feel very relieved that I have it. I wear the necklace, so if anything happens all I have to do is push that button and that resets my Lifeline. The device lights up and their team calls. If I need help, there will be somebody here within 15 minutes, so I feel very secure.

Mornings are my rough time. It’s when I take a lot of medication and some of it makes me dizzy and lightheaded. I wear my Philips Lifeline most of the day but I definitely wear it in the mornings. I’m here in the house a lot by myself and if I fall I have something I could call for help. It’s been good service though I really haven’t had to use it for an emergency so far. I would recommend it to people that have to stay in.

Before Philips Lifeline, we got the oximeter and blood pressure device. Now, I just hang the Philips button around my neck then push it and call in once a month. Everything seems to be going good for me, so far. Also, I've known that Phillips County Health System works good along with this, so I'm well covered. With Philips Lifeline, we don't have to have an appointment with the doctor. He's the one that will call me and tell me something is wrong.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Donald, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We have forwarded this concern to our Customer Service Department to have someone reach back out to you. If you prefer, you can call the Customer Service team directly at 1-800-635-6156 and they will address your concerns.Thank you

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Philips Lifeline is not living up to their advertisements. I had several falls, which I am prone to do, and the device never went off. I've contacted the section of the company that is supposed to handle these things and I got no satisfaction. The person I spoke to was not resolved to take care of it. Philips Lifeline assured me it is working correctly, but it’s not. I think there are some defects which Philips Lifeline should be concerned about. I've also talked to other people who have noticed that the machine does not go off all the time when you fall. Most of those in the medical community who I deal with would support me that the device doesn't work.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us Irina. We are glad you feel more confident having your Philips Lifeline Service.Be well and take care!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I'm really confident with Philips Lifeline, and I’ve told people that. They’re a very good and responsible company. I asked them for a discount and they were responsive. They gave me a little discount because I've been with them for a long time. And they're very polite and nice people. There were just a couple of times when I didn't know my button was already not good and they didn't tell me. And I sent it to them and then I have a new button.

It’s good to have a Philips Lifeline device just in case something happens. I'm mostly alone and so I need it. The help button is very convenient. My experience with Philips Lifeline has been very good.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us in regards to your Philips Lifeline Service Loretta. We really appreciate hearing from you! We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service. Take Care!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I got sick and fell in the bathtub. Nobody was here with me at that time and I had no one to help me out. The nurse who came to see me only came twice a month and he suggested I get a medical alert device because at that time, I was living by myself. After getting Philips Lifeline, I feel fine because I know that if I fall, I can call and somebody will help me up because I can no longer pick myself up since I'm 96 years old. I like the device and I have it around my neck. So far, since that time, I haven't had any fall, but I call Philips Lifeline once a month. They told me to call every month on the 29th even if I don't need to because that way, they can see if my machine is working or not. They're very nice and they tell me if I need them, to call and they'll get help for me. I'm very satisfied with Philips Lifeline. They answer right away within a few minutes.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us Rosanne. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have, we have many agents available that would be happy to help you. and answer your questions. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I'm disabled, and I live alone. If I need help Philips Lifeline is a push-button away. They're good but the problem I've had lately is with the equipment. I went from landline to wireless and my button is ultra-sensitive. All I do is tap it and it goes off. They told me it's just the way it is and it's quite annoying. They said that there have been other complaints about that. They switched out my button but it's still ultra-sensitive. Someone needs to redesign the button so it doesn’t go off in the middle of the night. I have had to call them to bring this to their attention. Also when I went to test it they said just press it and someone will be with me. But it's just taking forever for someone to respond. I made the comment, “I could be dead by now.” When you don’t need them it's all right but when you're hurt and you need them right away those minutes pass by. And it had been a couple of minutes.

My father broke his hip and has acute circulatory failure. He takes his Philips Lifeline device when we're not home. I test the device every few weeks to make sure it's working right. Overall, everything has been fine, except one time it took Philips Lifeline almost 15 minutes to answer. They said they had an emergency on the other end.

Philips Lifeline

Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regards to your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you used it when you needed too, and glad you are alright. Be well, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I go to a clinical psychologist who told me to get Philips Lifeline and I ordered it for myself. I wear my life alert bracelet since I am a type 1 diabetic and I've been on insulin for 23 years. I had stage 4 colon cancer 13 years ago and the chemotherapy almost killed me. It made my legs weak. From the chemotherapy, I have pernicious anemia. I have neuropathy and I had bad sciatica two years ago. I'm going to order the infusion at the hospital for myasthenia gravis and my grandson is going to drive me every morning before he goes to college, then the church people will bring me home from the hospital.

I've been a caregiver five times, so I know what going to physical therapy is. For 13 years, I've been trying to be stronger and stay upright. I have a wheelchair and an Acorn stairlift, which gets me down the stairs. I can walk with my cane from the corridor to the inside of my garage and at the bottom of the stairs, sit on that stairlift and come up to the main floor of my house.

One time I swallowed my last bite of supper, took my insulin and choked. It wouldn't go down because my muscles had quit in my neck, throat and tongue. I couldn't speak either from the myasthenia gravis choking me. I got on my rolling walker and got myself to the kitchen sink. I was alone and thought I was going to choke to death in my little house. I did a Heimlich maneuver on myself in the kitchen sink and got what I choked on out of my throat. I rang my bracelet and when Philips Lifeline arrived, I could no longer speak. They took me to the emergency room and I spent days in ICU. I've had my life alert bracelet for several years and it has saved my life three times. I'm thankful and I wouldn't live without this alert.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regards to your Philips Lifeline Service Violet. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you may have. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Philips Lifeline helps a lot. I've had about 12 back surgeries, my discs removed and put back intact again from my lower back, all the way up my back and then my neck because I was falling a lot and I couldn't get up. I have a pacemaker. I've had a lung cut out from bronchiectasis. I only have one lung and it's full of COPD. So, I have a lot of dizziness. Plus, I have to use a walker. I had another medical alert device before but it quit working on me. So, I sent it back.

I've had good luck with my Philips Lifeline, except I bumped it a couple of times and someone answered. But I go outside a lot and I'm worried about being out there because I don't know if it will work or not. I have been wanting to know if this goes with me when I go to the doctor and back home. Also, I'd like to have a wristband because when I do all the back x-rays, I have to take this thing off. Nevertheless, it's been a very good experience with Philips Lifeline. When I got caught between the bathtub and a stool, I called up, and they were here within a few minutes and they took me to the hospital.

I've fallen twice so I got the Philips Lifeline for security. I’ve never used it but I feel like if I needed it, I could use it. Overall, I'm pleased with it.

My daughter got the Philips Lifeline for me. I'm so used to it that I see it like an actual necklace. I work so much I forget I got it on. And when I go somewhere, my daughter makes me take it off. Also, I can't sleep with it at night because I'm too restless. And one night, it went off at 12:30 in the morning but the reps responded and they were very nice. I'm also having a little problem with it. The little red button on the side that says "help" has been blinking for months. I called them twice and they said they'd turn it off but they never did.

Philips Lifeline

Geraldine, we are so sorry to hear about that terrible experience you had to endure, we are so glad you recovered. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. Take care!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was attacked before and it was the worst experience. Somebody broke into my house, hit my face and beat me to the floor. He broke my arm and he broke it so bad that I had to have screws in it. I looked so bad, I didn't think I'd ever looked normal again. After that, my daughter made sure I got Lifeline right away. I called them when I took my thermometer and I had a 104 temperature. I didn't know that you had to always have the ambulance come when you call. I could just have a nurse come over here and see if I belong in the hospital. But the person said, “No, you just call an ambulance and you go to the hospital." That's what I did. So, Lifeline’s paid for itself. I called them again when I had a rash and I ddin't feel good, and they took me to the hospital again. I have also used it on the bed. I fell and I called for help with Lifeline. I've had a wonderful experience with it. Every old lady and old man like me should have one.

Philips Lifeline has been astonishing. The device was perfect. I am 82 years old and a little disabled so I need it. The device was long and when it bounced on my belly or when I did something that made it go off, I got two phone calls. I was not in my own home at that time. I was next door and because the radius is 80 feet it picked it up. Moreover, when I go out to put out the trash or get the mail, I know that should I have a fall, I would be contacted. I'm so happy I have it. Also, the Philips Lifeline team was wonderful. They were more than courteous and helpful.

Philips Lifeline Company Profile