toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Philips Lifeline

We are glad you are satisfied with your service and we are there for you when you need us, thank you so much for reaching out to us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I had a second stroke and it caused me to be unsteady on my feet. I was using a different medical alert device but it wasn't available for me to use when I moved to Iowa. I switched to Philips and whenever I needed them, they were there. I know that all I have to do is push that button and somebody will be here to help me with whatever it is that I need. And they’re here quickly as if I called 911. I'm very satisfied with Philips and I have recommended them to several people.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and thank you for taking time to provide a review!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am 88 years old and have fallen a number of times. A medical alert is the easiest thing that, if I do fall, I can push the button and get some help. I wear my Philips Lifeline device like a necklace around my neck and don't take it off. I still make sure that my balance is good so it’s a safety situation. I’ve had no problem with their team and they're always very polite and nice when I check in with them once a month.

Philips Lifeline

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out and tell us your story! We love hearing stories like this one, and we are so delighted that you and your husband are happy with the service. Please let your husband know the button is waterproof so he can wear it in the shower. Thank you again for reaching out and providing us with this positive review. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My husband had the Philips Lifeline button before we got married. He wears it as a necklace. He takes it off when he showers and then puts it back on. He has it on all the time, even if we go out. He lost his previous lifeline device so we called up and got another one. Philips Lifeline is a fabulous company. Whenever he has to check the button, the people who do the job on the phone responding are fantastic. We had only a few times that we waited but they apologized. They are also well-fitting in an emergency. When we got together and gave each other a humongous hug, the button went off and the reps called asking if it was anything. He said, “No, no. My wife just gave me a hug.” And the guy said, “Continue. Bye-bye.” So they also have humor. And that’s so important nowadays in life.

Philips Lifeline is the best and more people should have it. Whenever somebody lives alone, it doesn’t matter how old, things can happen. The lifeline button is one of the best things that ever was invented. For a single person or especially older people, it’s the most precious friend to have along. As an example, I had something going on in my life and I felt I was fainting, didn’t feel well, wanted to run to the neighbor, didn’t make it and was on the floor for two hours. And I was in my twenties then. So it really is not depending on old age only.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the hospital. I'd fell and that's when my kids wanted me to get a medical alert device. My daughter got me Philips Lifeline which I wear around my neck and now I feel a little bit safer because if something happens then I can call.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear you are pleased! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I was living alone and I have a heart condition and other medical concerns. As I was alone I wanted to be able to get help, so one of my sons got a Philips Lifeline for me. I've been very pleased with Philips Lifeline. All I have to do is push the button and they will get me help. The button flashes and I know they're there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. The button is waterproof so you can wear it all the time!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I'm 89 years old and I live alone. I thought it would be prudent to get something like a Philips Lifeline. I always have it on, except when I get in the shower because I don't want to get it wet. One time, I pushed the machine by mistake and the chime went on right away. They kept telling me to stay on the line and someone would be there, which someone did. I had to explain that it was a mistake.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any further questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Thank you very much, and take care.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I fell a lot of times. I spent 17 hours one time in the bathtub before I could get out. After that, I got my Philips Lifeline. I had called customer service several times when I had questions when I got it. The device is working but they don't check it as much to see if it is working. I used a medical alert device before from the hospital and they called every so often to check it out. But I'm glad I got something in case I fall and that I can take a shower with the Lifeline on.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear that the service has made you more comfortable and that you have been pleased with the convenience. Take Care!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I needed a Philips Lifeline medical alert device because I fall a lot. For the last year, I have been in and out of the hospital and nursing homes so I haven't needed it much. I'm at home now and I will probably need it the next time I fall. I pushed the button one time and I had the fire department, the police, and an ambulance come and carry me away. It's a comfort to be able to call somebody if I need help. It's convenient that it's around my neck. I put it on first thing in the morning and it stays on until I go to bed at night.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear you and your mother are pleased with Philips Lifeline, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

My mother lives alone and she's done fine with Philips Lifeline. She doesn't worry so much about falling and being by herself and nobody responding. We had an experience where she fell during the night. We live five minutes away and we received a phone call both on our house phone and on my cellphone so that we were able to get over there quickly. Even the other times when she hit the button by mistake, they've checked on her. We have been pleased at the response. Philips Lifeline has been very satisfactory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a Philips Lifeline medical alert device because I have a hard time walking and I lose my balance real easy. I still got a walker, but I use a cane. I go outside by myself a lot and I was afraid that if I fell, that nobody would know it. My kids pay for my device. I got the necklace and it's comfortable to wear. I have had it for a year but I've never had any reason to use it yet. The only thing is that I wish it works when I go outside of the home because I think it only works if I'm in the home.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Thank you very much.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I'm alone and disabled to some extent and have been using Philips Lifeline for years. I've had some trouble with the connections as the device wasn't working all right and there was some kind of a problem. It took quite a while but they got that straightened out. I got a new necklace because the other one was worn out. I just had trouble getting through to them but mostly, it's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell a couple of times and my kids decided that I should have something so I can contact them when I do fall. They picked Philips Lifeline and have renewed it every year. I put it on when I get up in the morning and go outside in the driveway to get the newspaper if ever I fall in some out-of-the-way place. They have two or three contact numbers and they contacted my son when we ran into something once or twice. It's been good and I'm glad to have it, though I wish I was more aware of what it could do or where it would connect if I was a mile away.

Philips Lifeline

We hope that Lydia is feeling better after her fall. Thank you for recommending us, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review to us.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Lydia was alone on a Saturday and she fell, hit her head and gave herself a concussion. It was terrible. She's 97 and has Parkinson's. She got a bleeding in her brain and has hospice now. She can't be alone ever again. She is still wearing the button but I think Philips Lifeline would be real handy in an emergency if I could just press it and hospice would answer. Because we can't use anybody else and she has a doctor with them. That's what we're needing now. Other than that, I'd recommend it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions about other services that we provide or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Thank you very much.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I'm 87-year-old diabetic living by myself in a big house. I was trying to look into the Medical Alert, where I can be anywhere and when I fall, I can push the button. But with Lifeline, I only have to be in the house. I go out quite a bit with my friends. Although the person told me, "Well, your friends are there." But what if I go for a walk and I should fall? I can't use my alert button because it would only come to the house. Once a month, we have it tested and I tell them "Everything is okay here." They were very nice, friendly and courteous and with the testing, they come on. However, I would think twice next time of going for the one that goes anywhere, like that Medical Alert has. But I will stick around on this for a while to see what to want.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Philips Lifeline for when I'm by myself and I needed something in case of an emergency. I used it once and everyone showed up right after I pushed the button but I'm trying to be careful so I don't have to use it. I'd tell someone to get it if they're gonna be by themselves or in case of an emergency.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Take care!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I was sick and my children were out of town. I’m 88 years old and right now I’m not driving so I got a Philips Lifeline in case I needed it. I haven’t had to use it fortunately, but they check on me and it’s there if I need it in an emergency. Everything’s okay.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Thank you very much, and take care!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

It’s a lot of comfort and reassurance to know that I have the Philips Lifeline around my neck and if I should get in trouble, I can use it. However, I don’t have coverage about half of the time. We have an AT&T signal in the sky and when I don't get coverage, the device will blink all night long ‘til way up in the morning. The reps told me, at first, that it was the plug-in on the wall and that the wall wasn’t wired and it wasn’t getting enough electricity. But that isn’t so. We moved it all over the house and it blinks wherever we put it and it goes off. Other than that, everybody’s been nice and I'm not a soured customer. The reps put it in when I broke my hip and during my therapy time, Philips paid for it for two months. If they find out that I’m going to let it go, there might be a little extra payment.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review. We are glad that we have been able to be there for you, and thank you for recommending us.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Living alone at my age led me to have a medical alert device. Sometimes, when things happen, I get anxiety. It appears to be a long time, but it's not and their team was here right on time. It helps to know that Philips Lifeline can do that if something does happen. It served its purpose for what I want. I wear the device 24/7 and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost my wife and I was having a hard time for a while. My daughter insisted on getting Philips Lifeline. She was worried about me falling down. I used to have a medical device but I didn't like it because there was a big button and if I just rubbed against it, the thing would go off in a minute. I like Philips Lifeline because the button is a lot better and the switch is on the other side. Also, I gotta reach in there and push down the inside of it and it just doesn't go off like that. I don't have to worry about accidentally switching it on. Also, the team at Philips is all right however, sometimes, it takes a while for them to answer the phone. They weren't exactly right on the ball on getting back to me. I told them one time that I waited about seven seconds, but they said that didn't happen. Other than that, it's okay and it's a lot better than the other ones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Philips Lifeline a couple of years already but sometimes I forget about it. I put it around my neck but just for the house. I always said that if anything happened outside, there's enough people that could pick me up and get the emergency. Also, I don't go out alone, I go with somebody and shop with somebody. I also don't shower with this because I don't want to get it all soaking wet. But I'm next to it, I just push the door open and there's my piece. But I do go to bed with it, that's what I do. It's also a little expensive but it's a good thing to have, especially I live alone and I take care of myself.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out and providing us a review. We are happy that we can provide you and your family peace of mind and appreciate that you would recommend us. Take care!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I had been in a nursing home for six months and I had three hip and back surgeries. My daughters thought I should have a medical alert service, so they had Philips Lifeline for me when I came out of the hospital. I have it with me around my neck all the time and it does not really get in the way. My children have more peace of mind knowing that I have it and I would definitely recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review. We are glad to hear you are doing well after your hip replacement, and thank you for recommending us. Take care!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I'm 93 years old and I had a hip replacement. My daughter insisted because I live alone that I need to have a medical alert device before I came home from that hip replacement. It’ll be six months since I had that hip replacement and that’s how long I’ve had Philips Lifeline and as far as I'm concerned, it works very good. I never had to use it and I don’t intend to. I would recommend it to anybody that lives by themselves, especially when they get up in age.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking time to provide a review for us. We are glad to hear you are doing better,Take care!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I needed a medical alert device at the time and Philips Lifeline was the only one I knew about. I have used it for the last six weeks but I hope I won't have to use it any more. Everything is fine with it and they are doing good. They were very prompt, responsive and nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need the Lifeline because I'm 95 years old and I live alone. I've used it twice because I got short of breath and needed the medical help. It didn't take long for them to respond when I called and they always treat me nice. It's easy to use and comfortable too. I'm very satisfied with it. I would recommend it to a friend.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear that the service has made you more confident and that you have been pleased. Be well and safe!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Some years ago, I experienced over a short period of time, waking up on the floor. Apparently, I passed out. Philips Lifeline was suggested to me so I got the one that goes around the neck. I've had difficulty being able to reach the telephone and the Lifeline is really convenient. The help button fits in well into my everyday lifestyle. I've set it off a couple of times by accident and I immediately got a response within 30 seconds. With it, I have confidence that if I needed assistance, I could get one. I am pleased with it.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Team at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions, or concerns.Take care and thank you again!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I finally got this one wish. I can have Philips' medical alert service for 3 months and if I like it, I could keep it. It's a necklace and it's waterproof. I keep it around my neck and when I'm trouble, I just push it. Then, it's hooked up through my phone system. With this one, I have to be around home like in the yard or out by the mailbox, anywhere within the distance of my telephone. One day, I woke up and couldn't breathe and so, I pressed the button. They came with the ambulance and took me down to emergency. I was in the hospital for quite a long time.

Then there was also a time when I was out at the supermarket and I fell and couldn't get up. There wasn't anybody to call, because the only button I've got is the one around home. I waited there for a while and nobody showed up. I walked on my bad knee to a place where I could pull myself up. I'm satisfied with it enough because I don't get away from home. My social life used to be was going to the doctor. Now, I don't even have that. But they do have devices that can track no matter where you are. So, I wouldn't recommend this for they have better ones.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We will have someone reach out to you in regards to your concerns. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions as well, we are happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I had a bad stroke before so my son got me a Philips Lifeline which I wear around my neck. I have accidentally pressed the button and one time their rep said I was down here when I was home in Boston. They were all trying to get in here. They checked upstairs next door and my neighbor came down and told them that I wasn’t there. However, my door was ruined because they tried to break in and nobody tried to help me reimburse. Also, it's a pain in the neck because I don’t know how to set it up but so far, it's been good to me.

Philips Lifeline

We are so glad to hear you have peace of mind knowing you have the Philips Lifeline Service, and happy to hear our reps were wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had hip replacement surgery a little over a year ago and to put my daughter's mind at peace, I agreed to have a Philips Lifeline installed. For the first few weeks that I had the device, I was forever pushing it by mistake and thought they were going to get sick of me, but they were wonderful every time. They were very helpful, and I appreciate the fact that they said they were glad it was just a mistake and not a real situation. I have the wristlet too, and I wear it when I'm in the shower or in bed. Philips Lifeline seems very efficient and I have peace of mind knowing that I have it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-635-6156 if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My daughter thought that I should have a medical alert device, and I got one from Philips Lifeline. It's helpful to my husband and to me. I use it when he's out of our condo and it's reassuring to him that if I should fall, there is the alarm button or the sensor that will alert someone, and it really is as much for his benefit as mine in terms of peace of mind.

I wear the alert device around my neck. On the whole, if the device senses activity, the company has been responsive. However, I'm not fond of the device. Sometimes, it's too sensitive. Since I've started wearing the alert device, it has never sensed a fall yet, but there have been eight to ten false alert incidents when the alarm has gone off upon sensing motion that wasn't a fall and alerting the system and the company to something that wasn't an emergency. We have a rather large condo, so rushing to get to the phone in time to stop potential firemen and emergency crews from coming is sometimes tricky.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a medical alert device because I fell twice. I broke my hip and was operated on. I fell down once and my daughter told me I had to get the device and I got the Philips Lifeline. I have it on all the time and I'm happy with it. So far I haven't used it, but it’s very good.

Philips Lifeline Company Profile