Call toll free
4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Philips Lifeline offers products, services and caregiver resources to help people stay independent inside and outside their homes. Systems are competitively priced, and many include extra benefits like innovative location sensors.

PROS

• Fast response times
  • No long-term contract
  • Easy installation
  • Multilingual operators

CONS

• Not UL certified
  • Activation fees

Top Philips Lifeline Reviews

06/14/2019

I live alone and my son thought that it would be a good idea for me to have the Philips Lifeline if I have an emergency. Wearing the device is very comfortable. I haven't had to use it, but it's wonderful that I have the device if I do need it...

06/05/2019

Philips Lifeline gives me peace and security to know that all I have to do is push this little button and I would have help... It just hangs around my neck and I just go about my daily routine… I would highly recommend them.

What is Philips Lifeline?

Philips Lifeline offers medical alert systems that can be used inside or away from home. Philips Lifeline medical alert devices are waterproof and come with 24/7 multilingual emergency response services — with optional features like GPS, fall detection and cellular monitoring. Philips Lifeline costs more than some competitors, but they also offer additional features like automatic system tests to ensure all devices are functioning.

Philips Lifeline HomeSafe medical alert devices

Whether you’re indoors or outside, Philips Lifeline can get help 24/7 through two-way communication. The stationary or mobile alert system will detect falls and answer any call for help with calm reassurance while dispatching medical help and notify caregivers. Philips Lifeline systems utilize technology such as A-GPS, WiFi, audio beacons and location breadcrumbs.

Philips Lifeline HomeSafe Standard
  • $29.95 per month
  • One-time $50 activation fee

The HomeSafe Standard is an at-home device that can be used with landline or mobile phone service. The Philips Lifeline wristband or wearable pendant connects to the stationary box and instantly lets an emergency operator know that you need help.

Philips Lifeline HomeSafe with AutoAlert
  • $44.95 per month
  • One-time $50 activation fee

The Philips Lifeline HomeSafe with AutoAlert system comes with all of the features and benefits of the Standard model but also includes AutoAlert, a sensitive and advanced fall detection technology.

Philips Lifeline GoSafe
  • $54.95 per month
  • One-time $149 device fee

Philips Lifeline GoSafe is a wearable medical alert device that’s ideal for active adults who are frequently away from home. It includes GPS technology to identify your location and AutoAlert, a fall detection technology that’s reliable and consistent.

Philips Lifeline GoSafe 2
  • $44.95 per month
  • One-time $199.95 device fee

Philips Lifeline GoSafe2 is a smaller, lighter and simpler mobile alert system that operates with advanced location technology, two-way voice communication when help is needed, and fall detection technology.

About Philips Lifeline monitoring center

Response centers are located throughout the U.S. and Canada. The company is staffed with 200 emergency operators who answer up to 18,000 calls per year. Operators are well-trained and receive hours of instruction and personal coaching. Responders are English and Spanish speaking, but can also access interpreters who speak 140 languages. Most response times are 12 seconds or less, and they're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Backup systems are in place to help callers stay connected even during power outages, cellular disruptions and natural disasters.

Philips Lifeline caregiver tools

Philips Lifeline support is available to caregivers who want to know that the people they care about can always be reached during distress. Philips Lifeline offers caregivers several resources, like advice for introducing an emergency medical alert system into a loved one’s life. It also gives practical tips for caregivers like managing stress and self-care.

The benefits of Philips Lifeline online learning center are numerous and help you realize one of the most critical lessons — realizing you’re not alone in worrying about your loved one’s health. You’ll find access to helpful tools and information that can assist you with time and stress management and help you understand the technology available for medical alerts. You can discuss costs, monitoring and safety at home. You can also talk to people who may be able to advise you on the best products and services for your family’s unique situation.

Additional Philips Lifeline services

Philips Lifeline offers additional services that complement their in-home and on-the-go medical alert systems.

• Medication dispensing:  Philips LIfeline Medication Dispensing Service can help you manage complex or multiple medications. Flexible dispensing alerts remind you when it’s time to take a pill or recharge batteries. The cost is $59.95 per month.
  • Automatic weekly test: Included in your equipment order and service plan is automatic weekly testing. Philips Lifeline sends out weekly testing signals to monitor and ensure the system is functioning as it should. Philips Lifeline battery replacement service is available if needed.
  • Wireless cellular option: You don’t need a landline to access the emergency alert services provided. The wireless cellular option is through AT&T and provides reliable, fast connectivity.
  • Automatic fall detection: AutoAlert is the automatic fall detection created by Philips Lifeline. It will detect that you’ve fallen and need help, even if you cannot reach your help button. It can be added to several of the service plans for an additional fee.
  • Location technologies: The available location technologies go beyond basic GPS. The mobile products include six different location technologies, and the service is included in the standard price. Using advanced methods like WiFi, A-GPS, location breadcrumbs and an audio beacon, your call for help will immediately identify where you are.

3780 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 23, 2019

About eight years ago, my mother-in-law became a widow and we moved her from California to Prattville, Alabama where we live. My wife and I both are still working, so we were concerned about her care while we were gone. She was not needing a live-in aide. She was able to get around with her walker, but we were looking for something in case she fell or in case she had an episode of some sort, and somebody at the church that we attend gave me a flyer about Philips Lifeline. My mother-in-law has had the medical alert device with Philips close to seven years now and it is a great peace of mind, granted it is around $60 a month. It is a good assurance, as well as insurance, that if something were to happen while we were gone, then we would be alerted quickly, as well as the authorities.

We put that to test here about three months ago when she fell. It was not a bad fall. It was more of slipping off of a chair and it wasn’t a big deal, but the whole system worked. The Fire Department came. The only problem that day was we had the Philips Lifeline lock on the door, as well as our own lock on the door with a key code, so it confused the Fire Department. They either had to break the door down or else come to the backyard, so they came to the backyard and found the door that was open. What we’ve done as a result of that was we removed the Philips Lifeline lock and we told Philips Lifeline, as well as the Fire Department, what the combination is to get in the house. Hopefully next time, that won’t be as much drama as it was before.

Everything has been outstanding with the representatives at Philips. In the early days, they would call once a month for a test. However, they’ve stopped doing that. They felt that it was not necessary anymore and we are okay with that. Anytime that we wanna do a test, we can. They are very courteous. And whenever we get an alarm or some indication on the system that is unusual or a red light that shouldn’t be on there, we call them up. For the most part, I can get a hold of somebody quickly during normal duty hours if it is not important. Oftentimes, they have to send a replacement part out and they would do that promptly at no charge because we pay the monthly fee. Everything has been really good and we couldn’t be happier.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mother In Law's Philips Lifeline Service Tim. We are glad that having the service has provided peace of mind to you and your family. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions you may have. Our best to you and your family, Please be well, and take care!

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My husband has MS and he falls. We got a Philips Lifeline and he’s had it for many years. This way, I can leave the house for a while and if he falls, then it’s, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.” It has worked real well for us. I’m really happy with it. We've used it and Philips reps responded immediately upon pressing the button. They sent help. One particular time, he was trying to get help with me and I didn’t hear him and so he pushed the button. The Lifeline came on immediately and I said, “Wait a minute. I don’t know.” He didn’t have a bell to call me.

I noticed that the way it’s plugged in, if I evidently am cleaning or moved something, sometimes the battery gets low and it flashes. First, I thought it was the console itself that the battery was low. But it was evidently where I plugged it in because I started pushing it. They told me one time the battery was getting low. Then I had to work it making sure it was plugged in and then that was fine. I didn’t realize when the yellow lights were flashing that it was because of me. I thought it was the console. I just had flashing yellow light. So I thought, “Oh, low battery.” And I thought it was the console itself or it was the battery. When we first got it, it was replaced. Somebody else had to come out and give us a new one.

And just recently then, I had the low battery and I thought, “Oh, I’m wondering if the console itself was going bad.” I called the 1-800 number, left a message and nobody ever returned the call. It was a weekend. And then on Saturday, I called. It was Eastern Standard Time and I couldn’t get through. That was when I realized that I need to work on plugging, making sure that it’s plugged in. And then I didn’t have the flashing yellow light. So I answered my own question without Philips because they weren’t there. So far, I’ve been pleased with Philips Lifeline. One time, my husband fell and before I could even get to him, Lifeline came on, which I thought was interesting. I don’t know if my husband had bumped it on the way because he hadn’t pushed it. But they came on before I even get to him. I thought that was interesting that they knew he had fallen and then they came on. That was a little strange, but that was good.

Philips Lifeline response

Ruth, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the service. We are sorry for the frustration you had trying to contact Customer Service. Our Customer Service Department is open M-F 8am-8:30pm Eastern Time and Saturdays from 10am-4pm Eastern Time 1-800-635-6156. Our best to you and your husband, please take care.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had a stroke and laid on the floor unconscious for three hours and if I had not had my cellphone with me, I don’t know how long I would have laid there. When I came to, I looked around for my cellphone and then I called 911. When I was at the hospital, someone came in and told me about the Philips Lifeline so I got one. I wear the Philips Lifeline device all the time. It’s comfortable and I don’t even know that it’s there. I take it off when I wash my hair though because the cord gets in my way. Also, I still drive but I don’t wear it out because it won’t work but I would like to have one that does work. Sometimes I press the button just to see if it’s still working and the response time is immediate. They come on and ask me first if I need help and I tell them that it’s just a test.

A couple of years ago, I fell outside on the concrete and it hurt me badly and I couldn’t get up. It was outside at the back of the house and I can hear my Lifeline going off all over from inside the house but I wasn’t even thinking about it. I was just trying to find some way to get up. It took me about five minutes to get up and when I got inside, I heard the lady saying, “Help is on the way.” So I pressed my button and I told her that I did fall outside but that I didn’t need them to come. They were already on their way but I told her to contact them and she did, so they didn’t come but the Fire Department did. Philips Lifeline even called my daughter-in-law that lives 25 miles from me to tell her that I had fallen.

About two months ago though, I fell outside again and I got up as quick as possible and came inside and there was nothing being said. It was quiet so I knew that the Philips Lifeline had not gone off. It didn’t respond and I was actually closer to the base than I was the other time it went off. If I had been knocked unconscious, I would have just laid there. I pay $48 a month for this thing and I wanted it to work when I need it. The rep told me that if I fall on it, it might not go off. But other than that, the Philips Lifeline gives me a feeling of security. I have the confidence that if I fall and I’m unconscious, it will go off.

Hello Nellie,

Thank you for your comments and your feedback. We're glad that our service gives you the peace of mind and protection you need after having suffered a medical emergency.

Nellie, did you know that the Auto Alert Help Button has the ability to cancel a help call if you're able to get yourself up right away? Also, we do offer a mobile option. If you'd like more information about how your equipment works, or if the mobile option is something that might work for you, please give our team a call at 800-635-6156. All the best Nellie, and do take care!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I saw an advertisement for another medical alert provider and when I got in contact with them, they were the rudest people. I should have known better when I first talked to them. I asked this guy if they were the one that John Walsh advertised and he said, “Oh God, no!” Then they charged me over $200. So, I packed that thing up when I read that contract they sent me. They must be crazy if they thought I was gonna do that. And they really didn’t make me feel very safe. I got kinda concerned so, I got on the phone with my daughter, Mona, and told her they were gonna cheat my money and were not gonna send it back. She called them and the guy got smart-alecky with her. So, she told me to call my credit card company. I did that and the money was right back on my card and taken off from them.

Compared to them, Philips Lifeline is very reasonable. I’m here by myself a lot of times and the Philips Lifeline makes me feel safe. I carry it around my neck all the time if my husband isn’t here. I can't say enough good about it and I wouldn't be without it. I got it because of Mona's recommendation. She works for Ross County Home Health and she said all of their patients but one has Philips Lifeline. She told me they were very good and reliable. I’ve found all she said to be true because if that thing goes off, they call me right away. However, they had to reset it a few times because sometimes it goes off and I have to tell them that I’m fine if I am.

One time, I had the Philips Lifeline laying on the toilet in the bathroom while I was getting ready. I never touched it and it went off. And all at once, I heard all this commotion and the emergency squad was here. I went to the door and asked what was going on. They asked if I was all right and I said I was. They thought I had fallen because they couldn’t get a hold of me. But I never heard that thing go off. Philips Lifeline was supposed to call Mona first, then my husband second But at that time, they didn’t call my daughter. At another time, I rolled over on the device when I went to bed so they thought I had fallen and called me. I told Mona about it and she said to put it beside my bed where I can reach it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Joretta. We are happy to hear that you wear your button, and you feel safe having the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about the service protocols, we would be more than happy to explain how your service works. Please take care!

Original review: July 22, 2018

Our daughter got us a Philips Lifeline and we have it for less than a year. But we never used it until my husband, Ira, came home from the hospital. He became very ill this December right around Christmas time and ended up in the hospital for two months in heart surgery and rehab. He's home and doing better now. He likes the Lifeline and for me, it's good to have so I could go outside and leave him alone at home. If I go to the store and he's in his chair, he has it on his chest and I prefer for him not to get up in his walker, so I told him to use that. It makes me feel good knowing that we have that service and in case something happens, I'm not gonna feel guilty that we haven't done everything we could.

We had a couple of incidents with the Lifeline and when Ira had to push the button, Philips Lifeline's team were great to respond. One time, he fell in our hallway in the wee hours of the morning and was hospital bound. Then, there were two other incidents that we were able to take care of because of Lifeline's help. At the time, I couldn't pick up Ira and put him back in bed and the EMTs came.

We also started having more problems with the device not too long ago. When Ira turned over in bed, he hit the button and turned on the alarm. Our kitchen is not real far from the bedroom but it is far enough that we might not able to get the message really well. At the time, he was still in bed sound asleep when the EMT came. So after that, he decided he should take it off at night and hang it on the doorknob.

Then a week ago, he triggered the alarm again. I was already in bed then and was almost asleep. He was either trying to get the device off to put it on the doorknob and while taking it off over his head, he dropped it or clinked it on his walker. He tried to turn the alarm off in our kitchen but it didn't do well and we had a hard time turning it off. So, the EMT came in again and I said sorry to them. Other than that, the Lifeline works and I would recommend it to others. It's more secure when people living alone have something like this and they are rather foolish not to have one.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Husbands Philips Lifeline experience Hanarose. We are glad to hear that you feel better if you have to leave him alone. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for questions or concerns about the service and how it works when a signal is sent. Our best to you and your family, please take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

A few months ago, when my mother was discharged from hospital to come and live with us, following a stroke, I researched the best medical alert systems available to us in Canada. I wanted the system to include a fall alert feature, and I wanted a system that would be simple & reliable. Finally after weighing the various options & looking at the online reviews, we went with Philips Lifeline - which also happened to be the most costly system. From everything I had researched it seemed as if it was the simplest system & most likely to do the job well....

I should mention that my mother is very independent and really hates having a fuss made - especially with regard to calling ambulances! Which was part of our rationale for choosing a simple, straight forward system - as we knew that it was going to be difficult to get her to agree to using a medical alert system. During the set up we, in no uncertain terms, asked that 3 different family contacts be called before a 911 call be made (with the understanding that if all 3 could not be reached, only then could a 911 call be made). Those were the conditions that bought my mother's compliance.

8 days after the system was installed and 15 minutes after leaving our home to take my daughter to the airport (5am), I got a Lifeline call to inform me that an ambulance had been called as my mother had had a fall. What!!! She had been sound asleep 20 minutes before. As we had to get my daughter to the airport in time, my husband dropped me at a gas station to get a cab home to deal with everything. In the cab, I was able to call my son, who checked on my mother to say that everything was fine, except that my mother was disoriented and upset as she had been fast asleep when the Medic Alert Call back speaker had woken her up - and in her disoriented state she didn't know how or where to respond. I arrived home as the ambulance was pulling into our driveway and was able to head them off.

I called Lifeline to ask why I had not got the first call, as opposed to the ambulance being called as the first option? According to the customer service rep, when it comes to fall detection, the system over-rides the instruction to call contacts first. I was never told that during the initial setup - even when I had tried to state so clearly that we never wanted an ambulance called as a first option. From then on, I insisted that Lifeline absolutely find a way to make the contacts the first line for response - and ABSOLUTELY no 911 calls were to be made as a first response. Never mind the fact that the alert had detected a fall when my mother was fast asleep - and the whole thing was a false alarm. I should mention that my mother is tall, very slim and does not thrash around in her sleep - something that the customer support people suggested was likely to have happened.

3 days later, whilst my mother was fast asleep, the fall detection alert went off at about 4am. I can't emphasize enough how disorienting and anxiety provoking this kind of episode is. I called Lifeline later when their customer service opened to discuss the frequency of the false alarms. They confirmed that false alarms did happen quite frequently. I mentioned that that wasn't reflected in any of the promotional literature - which would have factored significantly into my choice of medic alert systems.

As my mother was threatening to not wear the medic alert button, I told Lifeline that as a matter of urgency, we wanted them to remove the fall detection part of the system, and just retain the panic button. I did not want to risk another false alarm. It took more than a week for the sales rep to bring the new button (the technician that stopped by with the replacement pendant told us that he typically responds the next day to urgent requests - but our order had not been marked urgent). In the meantime, and 4 days after the 2nd false alarm, my mom was again woken up with a false alarm!! That's 3 false alarms in 15 days - a 20% rate of false alarms!! That to me is wholly unacceptable - particularly as we had not been warned about the high rate of false alarms up front.

We were told that the device my mother had had may have been faulty and that an investigation of the device would be done once they received it. After a month of not hearing anything, I called Lifeline. They had no record indicating that an investigation would be done. There was no follow through or any sense that they took the failure of their product seriously. No apology for all the household disruption, including the major upset with my mother, who is now steadfastly refusing to wear these kinds of devices. No offer to compensate us for the cost of the taxi, or to reduce the monthly fees during the months that the device kept delivering false alarms....

I'll give Lifeline one credit, they have well trained customer service reps that are polite and follow their scripts beautifully. The flip side of that compliment is that their customer service reps NEVER deviate to actually respond effectively to serious flaws within this service. After 2 months of total aggravation and zip in the way of compensation being offered by lifeline, we are cancelling this expensive service, that never delivered on what was promised. Appalling!! Total cost for 2 months has been $200!

Philips Lifeline response

Clare, thank you so much for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Mother's Philips Lifeline service. We are very sorry for all the frustration you and your family have been experiencing. We will forward all of this information to the supervisors in Philips Lifeline Canada, so this can be researched and someone can follow up with you. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department in Canada at 1-800-387-8120 for anything.Our best to you and all your family. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I wanted to get a medical alert device because of my heart and I got Philips Lifeline. It is my first one and I’ve had it for quite a while. Their staff have called me twice. The last time, I fell and they were right on the line. They checked on me to make sure I was alright. They asked me different times while I was talking and I said that I was.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Richard. Thank you for choosing us to assist you if you need any help. We hope you are doing well after your fall. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I’m always thankful that my mother got her Philips medical alert device. She lives in her own house, and does her own things, and she’s 99. My brother and I went online, and Philips sounded like the best one for her. We wanted the fall detector, and they offered that. And my mother didn’t have to have a second device to have it. So, it was all-in-one. We liked that. My mother wears her device around her neck. She tucks it in her shirt pocket, and it doesn’t bother her at all.

Since using Philips, my mother feels safer. My brother lives right next door, but sometimes, he’s gone too. And I think she feels safer knowing that she can get help whenever she needs it no matter who’s around. Thankfully, my mother never had to use it. But she said she’s been checking about once a month. And Philips responds almost immediately. I’d recommend Philips.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service Janet. We are so glad to hear that your Mother wears her button all the time, and she feels safer being alone. We are glad to hear that she checks in monthly to test and say hello. Thank you for letting us know that you would recommend us as well, we appreciate that. Our best to you, and all your family. Please take care.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I had a stroke and I got a Philips medical alert device. I have it around my neck and I have no problem with that. I tested my button to make sure it was working, and Philips response time was quick.

Philips Lifeline response

Margo, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you wear your button, and that you have tested it. Please take care.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I’m very pleased and happy with my Philips Lifeline. I feel really secure and I don’t feel like I’m alone. If anyone comes in the house at night if I’ve been gone and it’s dark out, I feel like I can just push this button. I live alone, and my daughter ordered the Lifeline after I fell one day. I insisted that my sister get one as well when she moved in an apartment by herself. The string looks dirty around the neck, though. So if I’m going in or dressed up, I take it off before I go in.

My device goes off quite often and someone said it needs to get fixed, but I like it that way because I know it’s working. I got to turn over in bed, and I didn’t hear the thing go off in the other room, but the Lifeline rep called me on the phone. I told the rep that I didn’t fall and I just turned over in bed. Then a while back, I was at the doctor’s office, and I took it off and left it in the car. When I got home, my daughter was just leaving. The ambulance had been here. The two people they called were here and the fire truck was here. That has happened a couple of times.

One time, my granddaughter was visiting from Arizona, and my daughter called and said asked where I was. So I told her and then she said that the police and ambulance were by my house. So, I came home, and they came out the house. And then I told them I was fine. Then about three weeks ago, I was in the bathroom, and I fell and broke a rib. I don’t know if the device went off, but I had punched it. My 12-year-old granddaughter was here, and she came running in there. The people came in the ambulance and picked me up then took me to the emergency room.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I stay by myself a lot and I have problems falling. With the Philips Lifeline, if I fall and I’m by myself, I know I got somebody that I can get a hold of. I can take a shower with it on, but I have to take it off when I go into a swimming pool. Sometimes, it gets on my nerves around my neck. Nonetheless, if the Lifeline team wanna know what’s wrong, I tell them and they give me help.

Original review: June 24, 2019

The Philips Lifeline button is very easy to use. I really needed it at first, and I used to use it. Now I'm getting along pretty well. Overall I would recommend it.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I’ve been very happy with Philips Lifeline. I have limb-girdle muscular dystrophy, and if I fall, I can no longer get up. But having the device, I feel protected that help will come. I don’t have to worry about whether or not I’m within reach of a telephone. And I've had very positive experience with the Lifeline team. Since my wife died three and a half years ago, there have been three false incidences where I’ve gotten a call and they asked if I was okay. There was when I had just gotten out of the shower one morning and everything was fine, and the first responders were at my front door thinking that something had happened. There have been a couple of false positives with it but that’s not really a problem. I’d rather have that than not have a fall reported.

Philips Lifeline response

Douglas, we are so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are happy to hear that you feel protected having your service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Because I'm getting older and I'm living by myself, I decided to get a medical alert device and I like my Philips Lifeline for the most part. It’s comfortable to wear. But I fell outside once and it didn’t go off even though it should have been in range, from when we tried it when I got it. I don’t know if I had so many clothes on and it made a difference. But I didn’t lay there a long time. I got up. I thought it would probably be going off in the house. I’ve also accidentally set it off several times in the house. One time, I was getting ready for bed and I accidentally threw it off. There were a couple of other times when it went off. I wasn’t sure why but it happens sometimes if it’s banging around. It’s tough though and I like that part. The representatives were also always there and asking if everything was all right. They were very good and nice. All in all, I’m quite satisfied.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Marie. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied having the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about how your service works. Please take care.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I fell down really bad, although I didn’t break any bones, but my son said I was gonna get a medical device. I also live alone. I feel good when I have my Philips Lifeline, especially if I work outside. If I trip, they’ll be there. But recently, the light on the monitoring box goes on and flashes. It’s about a week before they said low battery and fixed it. They didn't send me anybody though. They fixed it from wherever and then the light went off. At first, it never did that. But lately, it seems that every other month, this battery is going low. In fact, it happened about five days ago. Otherwise, I’m satisfied.

Philips Lifeline response

Esther, thank you so much for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We hope that you are feeling alright after your fall. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for anything. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Once in a while, I've had to use my Philips device, and they always send somebody. And if I ask them to call the police if I’m falling down, they call the police and the police come and pick me up. They answer very soon. Having my Philips Lifeline makes me feel a bit more secure because they’ve been very good. Philips has been satisfactory.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review to us about your Philips Lifeline service Carol. We are glad to hear that you feel a bit more secure and are satisfied having the service. Please take care.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My children got me a Philips medical alert device. They're very close to me but I live alone. My device is around my neck and it’s comfortable.

Philips Lifeline response

Fern, thank you for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you wear your button, and find it comfortable. Please be well, take care.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I fell once so I got myself a Philips Lifeline. I wear it all the time because I know it helps me. I feel more relaxed because sometimes I'm left here by myself. I wear it around my neck and it doesn't bother me. The only thing is the string gets dirty after a while, like it needs to be changed. It's white and I've had the same one for several years. I wouldn't take it off and I've never tried washing it, but I guess I could. Other than that, I'm satisfied with my Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Gloria, thank you so much for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you wear your button all the time, and feel more relaxed now when you are alone. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for anything. Please take care.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My children wanted me to get a medical alert device. I live alone and they felt like I needed it. I feel safer with my Philips Lifeline device. It’s around my neck and it doesn’t bother me one bit.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I like Philips Lifeline. It works good. It's something that I can turn on, press, and get help. I feel I’m safer with it. It's convenient and I’m satisfied.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service Cora. We are happy to hear that you feel safer, find it convenient, and are satisfied having the service. Please be well.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I fell once and my daughter said I had to have a medical alert device so she got Philips Lifeline for me. It keeps me safer. I try to stay in the house. It can reach to the mailbox or back. The one that hangs around the neck is a little bit sensitive. When I go outside, it goes off sometimes. When I'm getting ready to let the dog out and bend over, then it hit around. If I'm in the bathroom and I'm gonna take it off and it hit the wall, they call. But I'm satisfied with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Varnia. We are so glad to hear that you are satisfied having the service. Please take care.

Original review: June 15, 2019

My daughters were getting after me to get a medical alert device and our church secretary gave me a pamphlet for Philips Lifeline. Then I decided to call and do it. I wear the device around my neck and every now and then, I accidentally touch it. The reps respond quite quickly so I know every so often that it's working okay. I tell them I'm fine and didn't fall and they're very nice about it. The device is not perfect, but it's very good.

Philips Lifeline response

Constance, thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions you may have. They are open M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Saturday 10am-4:00pm ET. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I passed out a couple of times and my sister thought of getting me a medical alert device. She checked it out and felt that Philips Lifeline was the very best and she was very pleased with it. It is a very good necessity when you’re by yourself. Actually, I get aggravated because I’ve set it off a couple of times by accident but I know it has to be that sensitive or it wouldn’t work if I pass out.

Matter of fact, the other day, I was working in the yard and all of a sudden, I saw an ambulance and a firetruck. I was thinking of what was going on. They pulled up to my house. It was for me because the device went off. If you go down below a certain level, it tells that you passed out or you fell, which could be annoying but I’d rather have that than being passed out and not even know I'm out. I called them for that reason and they said there’s not much they can do. It is what it is. However, their people were fine, helpful, and they said how to adjust it so I have no complaints. It works very well.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I live alone and two years ago, I had to get mail and I didn't know that the driveway was icy. And I fell on the ice and I hurt my head. I need a medical alert because my children are making me wear it. So far, my experience with Philips has been fine. I haven't had to use it but I feel a little better having it. Philips sent people here by mistake one day, but I just told them it was a mistake and they left. They were quick to respond. I have only one objection to my Philips device. It only works in my house or near my house. It doesn't work when I go out to the grocery store. I don't like that.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Agnes. We are so happy to hear that you feel better having the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about the service. Please take care.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I lost consciousness for a short time years ago. I was advised that a medical alert device would be a good idea so I accepted that. I've been using my Philips Lifeline ever since. It's been fine. I feel more confident now that I have this. I use it every day and it's comfortable. Dealing with their customer service has been very satisfactory too.

Philips Lifeline response

Judy, thank you so much for taking the time share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear that you wear your button and find it comfortable. We are happy that you feel more confident having the button. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: June 12, 2019

My son got the Philips Lifeline for me as he thought I needed it. It’s comfortable and it’s like anything else you’d wear around your neck. If I go for a walk, I take it with me. It’s comforting to know that I have it.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I’m alone and a friend recommended getting Philips Lifeline. Having it makes me feel good. I hope I don’t have to use it, but if I'll need it, I’ve got it. My device is comfortable and I don’t even know I’ve got it on. It bugs me at night, but I wouldn’t take it off for anything. And if I can’t sleep, I just toss from one side to the other. And this machine tosses right with me, and so I have to move it. I used it one time when I’d fallen and hit a wooden table, and I was bleeding. The response time was wonderful. They answered right away, and they sent the EMS people out, and they were wonderful. And they stopped the bleeding. It was on my face, and they said they’d take me to the hospital if I wanted to go. But they don’t sew that kind of wound up. It’s just one vein, and they just cleaned it up and it stopped bleeding.

Philips Lifeline response

Annie, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you wear your button all the time, and find it comfortable. We are glad that you used it when you needed it, and hope that you are doing well. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My daughter switched me over to Philips and I've had good experiences with it. It's kinda scratchy, but it's comfortable. I’ve accidentally turned it off and they were nice about it. With them, I don’t have to worry anymore. I’d recommend it to a friend.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for providing a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service Betty. We are glad to hear that you wear your button. Thank you for letting us know that you would recommend it to a friend, we appreciate that. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I’m 91 and I live alone and my daughters thought I should have a medical alert device. And I had fallen, too. I’ve had Philips for several years now, and it’s fine. It’s a comfort to have it there and know that it will work. So far, so good. I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Philips has a very fine reputation. They make many other products. I purchased a medical alert device from them and it hangs around my neck. It's very comfortable. However, I’m thinking of switching. There’s another company called Medical Alert that’s half the price. As a matter of fact, this other company doesn’t even need a battery.

Philips Lifeline response

Sara, thank you so much for providing a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions you may have. They are open M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Saturday 10am-4:00pm ET. Please take care.

Philips Lifeline FAQ

How does Philips Lifeline work?
All of the Philips Lifeline systems are compatible with either landline or cellular phone service. Installation instructions are provided, and toll-free customer support is available if you have trouble getting started. Once it’s working, you’ll be able to press your help button or rely on the fall detection technology to alert the emergency operators at the call center. Operators will keep you calm and talk you through the situation while they dispatch medical help and contact your trusted family members or caregivers
How does Philips Lifeline fall detection work?
If you fall at your home or while you’re out, you might not be able to reach or press your help button. With Philips Lifeline fall detection, you’ll still have access to emergency response. Fall detection is an addition available to many of the products and services available. The system differentiates between actual falls and false alarms using accelerometers, barometric sensors and innovative algorithms. The AutoAlert technology immediately connects to the response center, even if you’re unconscious or unable to ask for help. It’s one of the most reliable fall detection technologies with 95 percent accuracy.
Does Medicare cover Philips Lifeline?
No, Medicare does not cover Philips Lifeline medical alert systems.
What is Philips Lifeline’s average response time?
Philips Lifeline average response time is 12 seconds.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a Philips Lifeline medical alert system?
No, a contract is not necessary to receive products and services from Philips Lifeline.
What is Philips Lifeline’s return policy?
You can return your products within 30 days for a full refund provided they are in good condition. If you have activated your product or you don’t have the original packaging, there will be a $75 restocking fee.
What is Philips Lifeline’s cancellation policy?
If you want to cancel your order, contact Philips Lifeline customer service. There may be a $50 cancellation fee assessed.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Philips Lifeline monitoring service?
Yes, you must purchase an additional pendant or wristband for your spouse, but there is no additional monthly charge.
Where are Philips Lifeline monitoring centers located?
Philips Lifeline monitoring response centers are located throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Do Philips Lifeline emergency response services require a landline?
No. Philips Lifelines have cellular options that do not require a landline.
Does Philips Lifeline offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
Yes, a warranty for your Philips Lifeline medical device is guaranteed for one year from the date of installation.
Does Philips Lifeline offer a free trial period?
No, Philips Lifeline does not offer a free trial period.
Are Philips Lifeline medical alert systems waterproof?
Yes, you can keep the Philips Lifeline pendant on while you’re showering or bathing.
How much does Philips Lifeline cost?
Philips Lifeline prices start at $29.95 per month. Keep in mind, Philips Lifeline medical alert systems have a one-time activation fee or device charge, plus a monthly subscription fee.

Do we recommend Philips Lifeline?

Yes. Philips Lifeline medical alert products are designed to help active adults, as well as the people who love and care for them. Philips LIfeline medical alerts provide aging adults with the security of having an immediate and simple way to communicate if medical help or other assistance is needed. There’s also a network of support available to caregivers and family members.

Philips Lifeline Company Information