toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Philips Lifeline

We are glad you are satisfied with your service and we are there for you when you need us, thank you so much for reaching out to us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I had a second stroke and it caused me to be unsteady on my feet. I was using a different medical alert device but it wasn't available for me to use when I moved to Iowa. I switched to Philips and whenever I needed them, they were there. I know that all I have to do is push that button and somebody will be here to help me with whatever it is that I need. And they’re here quickly as if I called 911. I'm very satisfied with Philips and I have recommended them to several people.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and thank you for taking time to provide a review!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am 88 years old and have fallen a number of times. A medical alert is the easiest thing that, if I do fall, I can push the button and get some help. I wear my Philips Lifeline device like a necklace around my neck and don't take it off. I still make sure that my balance is good so it’s a safety situation. I’ve had no problem with their team and they're always very polite and nice when I check in with them once a month.

Philips Lifeline

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out and tell us your story! We love hearing stories like this one, and we are so delighted that you and your husband are happy with the service. Please let your husband know the button is waterproof so he can wear it in the shower. Thank you again for reaching out and providing us with this positive review. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My husband had the Philips Lifeline button before we got married. He wears it as a necklace. He takes it off when he showers and then puts it back on. He has it on all the time, even if we go out. He lost his previous lifeline device so we called up and got another one. Philips Lifeline is a fabulous company. Whenever he has to check the button, the people who do the job on the phone responding are fantastic. We had only a few times that we waited but they apologized. They are also well-fitting in an emergency. When we got together and gave each other a humongous hug, the button went off and the reps called asking if it was anything. He said, “No, no. My wife just gave me a hug.” And the guy said, “Continue. Bye-bye.” So they also have humor. And that’s so important nowadays in life.

Philips Lifeline is the best and more people should have it. Whenever somebody lives alone, it doesn’t matter how old, things can happen. The lifeline button is one of the best things that ever was invented. For a single person or especially older people, it’s the most precious friend to have along. As an example, I had something going on in my life and I felt I was fainting, didn’t feel well, wanted to run to the neighbor, didn’t make it and was on the floor for two hours. And I was in my twenties then. So it really is not depending on old age only.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review, we appreciate having you as part of the Philips Lifeline Family.Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends as well. Please continue to be well and safe!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I got a medical alert device because of everything that's going on in my body. I have a congestive heart failure, a high blood pressure, and a lung disease. I’m also a diabetic and I live alone. I had a different medical alert device but I let them go because Philips was better. I wear the device around my neck but it's convenient having it in my pocket. I like Philips and will recommend them to my family and friends. My experience with them is good. They are friendly but sometimes they are quick to respond and sometimes they're not. But I really appreciate them.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking time to give us a review and that you would recommend us. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns. Thank you and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My children got Philips Lifeline for me because I had fallen and I was in a big house by myself. This is my third Philips device. They’ve replaced it a few times because the batteries were out and their reps were very nice during those interactions. They’re good in keeping track of me. I’ve hit my device against something a couple of times and they called to see if I’m all right. They’re good to deal with and I would recommend them. I’m just a little concerned about how far I could go away from the communicator. I may need something with a little more range that I could wear when I go outside. I don’t think this would register if I do. I’ve heard of other devices that one can take anywhere and not have to register it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I want to be protected in case I fall so I got a Philips Lifeline. I used Medical Alert and I still have to use it at home because there was a contract involved but I had to pay more money. With Philips Lifeline, I had an excellent experience overall. The reps were very courteous, as well.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review. We are glad you are doing well and used the service when you needed us. Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I'm 89 and I had to get Philips Lifeline because I had a pacemaker put in. One night, I had been trying to get out of bed and I was jerking to get myself up and my Philips medical alert went off. Immediately the reps of Philips were on the phone before I could even get to the bathroom. My son came running from the other end of the house and I was standing in the bathroom door. I said, “I’m fine. I don’t know why it went off.” And then two other times I had fallen and stubbed my toe and the Philips reps were right on. It’s been wonderful. My son is always there to answer the phone and they’re very courteous to him and it’s just really nice. I feel like it’s a safety thing for right now. People my age should have one.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story and provide us with this review. We are glad you are doing better and are looking ahead to being able to be on your own again. We love hearing from our subscribers, and also appreciate the recommendations. We hope you continue to be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I've been in the hospital and nursing home. I was coming home and my son thought I'd better have a medical alert device so I got Philips. But when I was brought home they thought I was weak enough that I needed 24-hour care and I still have that. I haven't had that feeling of maybe falling and being alone. I have the girls here to take care of me. But there will come a time when I no longer need these round the clock caregivers and I'm sure I'll appreciate Philips even more. I wear it everyday. I accidentally pressed it once and they were very quick to respond. I've wondered about not wearing it but I look forward to being on my own again quite soon so I figure I might as well hang on to it. It gives me an extra level of security and I don't mind having it, it's easy to wear. I would also recommend it to others.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Team at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Ada is 94, she can’t hear and she lives alone. She relies on her Philips Lifeline and she worries less because she is here alone in the evening. I’m a coworker that comes here every day. The problem is that the Lifeline doesn’t work when the power goes down, and the power goes out quite often up here. The other problem is that when Ada pushed the button, somebody came on the phone and was trying to talk to her and she couldn’t hear. Luckily, the neighbor called me and the ambulance got called which is a good thing. Ada had pushed it a couple of times and the ambulance came promptly.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us a review, we are glad we can help you and could help your daughter with our services. We are happy to hear that you feel confident using the Philips Lifeline service!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I have more confidence and I don’t worry about falling as much since I've been using my Philips Lifeline. When my daughter had it, the people at Philips Lifeline were wonderful with her. They called her and she was calling back and everything was okay. My daughter really liked her device, too. And the Lifeline is not that expensive.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear you are satisfied and feel safer with the Philips Lifeline Service. Please continue to be well and safe!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I live alone and had fallen and broke my hip so I got a life alert. I'm very satisfied with Philips lifeline and I feel safer with it because I take my time and know I have it on hand if I should need it. Once in a while it would go off accidentally when I didn't realize I had pushed it and whoever answered the phone was very nice. However, I'm a little allergic to a certain material so the neck part bothers me so I usually put the Lifeline necklace in the pocket of my pants or my jacket side.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your mothers story, we love hearing about our subscribers and their families. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the service and that your mom wears the button all the time! Take care

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

Our mom is 92 and she lives alone. She has some good days and bad days. She fell a couple of times and the doctor recommended Philips Lifeline. We thought it will be a good idea and it's her first medical alert device. We used it one time and it worked really well. Everything was taken care of in a timely manner. I'm very impressed and I’m glad we got it for her. When the button is pushed, Philips calls our mom first to make sure she's okay. She accidentally pushed the button twice and she told us that a lady came on the thing and asked if she was okay. They call me too whenever she pushes the button.

It took her a little while to get the hang of having that thing hanging around her neck, though, and we couldn’t find the right length. But every time I visit her, she has it around her neck or in her pocket. She can use it. In the summertime, we checked it out at the mailbox so I told her she could walk out there if she chose to cause the device was going to work outside. Everything’s good.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We will have someone reach out to you in regards to your concerns. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions as well, we are happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I have the medical alert from Philips Lifeline but I have not received any call. They used to give me a call and see if I needed anything, but they haven’t called in three months. I’m paying the bill, but I’m not getting any service and I don't know who I would get if I pressed the button. Overall I would not get Lifeline again. I don’t know what I'm paying for and I would like to have my money back for five months.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us, we are glad that you are satisfied, and we wish you a very Happy Early Birthday! Just so you are aware the button is waterproof so you can wear it all the time to be sure you can always use it if you need it. Take care!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I'm very satisfied with my Philips Lifeline. I don't wear it very often but I keep it ready. I have macular degeneration and I’ll be 100 years old in a few months. I live alone in my home and my family wants me to go with them but I like it here. It’s very comforting to have Philips Lifeline. If I need them, I just call them and they are here. I pressed the button by mistake once and the girl on the other end was very nice.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We will have someone reach out to you in regards to your unit concern. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions as well, we are happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I had colon cancer and had surgery, and the nursing home advised me to get a medical alert device and I've had Philips ever since. Their reps are friendly, but every time I went to the hospital I had problems with the ambulance drivers because I have to use my rollator all the time. Some of the drivers want to take it so I had one of the ladies in the rehab department make a letter and I have to carry the letter all the time. The reps also never call me anymore about my Lifeline. They used to call me once a month to see how I was doing and if I needed help, but they never did again. Their device didn’t work early this year and I had another box, and then I had to get another bracelet for it. It’s okay now and everything is fine. I have it on my right arm and it's pretty comfortable to wear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son and his wife told me, because I turned 90, that I should have some device to alert somebody. However, both of my children and relatives are on the East Coast, while I’m here in the Mid-West Coast. I have neighbors who are kind and understanding and we’ve talked briefly about this, but most of these neighbors have nearby relatives in the area or in the state of Minnesota, while I don’t. And I felt I don’t need the device. If I drop dead in the middle of wherever, then so be it. The end has come. My life has been complete, and I don’t need to have people get upset because I'm no longer alive. I have a very healthy attitude and proudly, I am a very vigorous, youthful 90-year-old because ever since the age of 60, I have been active.

After a divorce, high impact aerobics three times a week was therapy for me. Hence, I’m trim in contrast to some of the other individuals that compare myself to them. So the device is unessential and I’m not ready for it. But I still tried my Philips Lifeline on. But when I tried to get my seatbelt across my chest, it seemed to be in the way. So, my good son who recommended it has packed up the device and it’s on the way back to Philips company where we were instructed to return it.

I'm not a paragon of virtue by a long shot, but I am one when it comes to nutritional habits. I gave up smoking 50 years ago. I've done things to take care of me and my body. It’s a rare thing and I will admit that’s why my neighbors all look upon me about my secret, and I tell them to keep moving. For me, the device was in the way. I don’t relish things that I have to sleep in and have on my chest. It’s an intervention that is not positive; it’s negative in my way. I would recommend it, though, for those who really feel the need and if nobody is looking after them. I have a local friend whose daughter lives around the corner. When her mother’s signal came, she was glad she could, in five minutes, respond. So, it’s a matter of location.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your story and provide a review. We hope that you are feeling better from your last fall and neck injury. We are glad that you used the service and we were able to get the help that you needed. Please take care.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I went to the bathroom and I have artificial hips and one dislocated just as I sat down on the toilet, and I wasn’t found for 17 hours. The police finally broke in and I never wanted to be without a medical alert device ever again. The girl that came out and hooked up my Philips Lifeline for me was very nice and it all worked out beautifully afterwards. It’s a little bit heavy but it’s worked every time I've needed them and more.

Their reps have all been wonderful. Even when I miscue and hit the button, they’ve been wonderful to answer. They even get my neighbors over here quick to find out if I’m in another room and can’t hear the base and I don’t realize I’ve hit the button. I fell again a couple of weeks ago and broke my neck, and thank goodness I had Philips. The ambulance was here no longer than ten minutes. They are better than the others because anywhere I go or whatever I do, they can follow me. They’re always there when I need them and I would not be without them.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for providing a review to us, we are glad to know that you feel confident having the Philips Lifeline service. Be well and safe!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

My brother from St. Louis was visiting here and he picked out Philips Lifeline for me because I kept falling and had to go to the doctor for several injuries. I definitely feel confident having Philips Lifeline. I can now go about doing many things.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you find it easy to use and comfortable with your Philips Lifeline Service!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I needed a medical alert device because I have been falling. With Philips Lifeline, I have less worries. It is easy to use and comfortable to wear. My experience with their reps has been very good, too. They are helpful.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are glad that you are satisfied and are proud to have our service. We are sorry you are having a bad time right now due to your injury, we sincerely hope that you feel better soon. Take care.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

My son and his wife got Philips Lifeline for me and I'm proud of it. I’m 96 and a half and I can’t walk. I have a broken leg in a cast and I'm in a bad shape. I enjoy having Philips Lifeline and I’ve used it a few times. It really comes in handy and I'm satisfied with it.

Philips Lifeline

We are so happy that you feel secure with our services, that you wear the button all the time, you find it comfortable, and easy to push. Please do not ever hesitate to call our Customer Service Department for any questions you may have at 1-800-635-6156. Thank you, and take care!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

A few years ago I had a TIA stroke. I was alone and my husband was on the road. He was gone a lot during the week for four or five days. Whenever I'm alone and I have to go to bed at night, Philips Lifeline gives me a really secure feeling. Also, if I fall in the shower, I have it right there where I can reach it. I wear the device all the time as a necklace. It is easy to wear and the button is as easy to push. Wearing the device is comfortable. I don’t even feel it. Their team was not as quick to answer now as they were in the beginning, though. I had one of these when I lived in Paris, Illinois. My machine went off every time and I was called for tests, but Philips doesn’t do that so I just do the testing on my own. It would be better if they request me to call in or push the button once a month.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing your story, we are glad to hear you feel safer having the Philips Lifeline Service. Please continue to be well and safe.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I like Philips Lifeline very much. The device works great. I’m by myself and I use a cane because I don’t walk really good. And I've got two kinds of heart problems. I've had to use the device a couple of times. A couple of times my lights have flickered and everything goes off in my apartment, then they come on because it's telling them that something's wrong. But the company's response was very fast and their people were very nice and polite about it. The device makes me feel safer and makes my kids more at ease, too. I even have it by the bed at night. I’m very happy with my experience with them so far.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for sharing your story and providing a review to us! We are glad that you find the button comfortable and you wear it all the time. Please never worry or be sorry if you set it off by accident. Take care!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

My daughter was the cause I got a Philips Lifeline because I live by myself. Also, the doctor had told them to get me one anyway. I wear the help button around my neck and it's very comfortable. My mailbox is two blocks away so I wear it when I walk to the mailbox. I also wear it around the house, when I go to put my garbage out, and then I have to tuck it into my sweater or blouse when I'm cooking.

One time, I pressed the button, did something and the button went off and it scared me half to death. I was wondering what it was. Then one night, I went to bed and I did something and it went off again. I thought somebody was in the house. The people at Philips Lifeline called and asked me if I needed any help or where I was living. They asked me a lot of questions but I told them that I was sorry I did the wrong thing. They told me that I must have pushed the button. From then on, I only use it when I go out or sometimes when I'm sitting at home, but I don't use it at all when I'm cleaning.

Philips Lifeline

We are so glad to hear you and your Aunt feel better having the Philips Lifeline Service, and she is comfortable with it. That you for providing the review to us and we appreciate recommendations. We hope that she feels better soon, take care!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

My aunt is diabetic. She's not doing too good right now and can barely walk. She has Philips Lifeline and though we never had to use it, we have fewer worries knowing she has it. She keeps it around her neck and she's comfortable with it. It’s good to have and I’d recommend Philips Lifeline to a friend.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much, we are glad that you feel more confident with the Philips Lifeline Service and that you recommended it to your Sister In Law as well. We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I have more confidence having Philips Lifeline which my daughter decided to get for me because I live alone. I like it being here with me either outside or inside and I wear it as a necklace all the time. I have recommended it to my sister-in-law and she's got one now.

Philips Lifeline

We are so glad to hear your story and that you are doing well. We are also glad that you have not had to use it bit feel confident to use it if you need it. Be well and take care!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

My daughter arranged to have my Philips Lifeline when I got back from the hospital in April. She said it was recommended by Grace Cottage Hospital. I was very sick and went to the hospital on my birthday. I was up there eight days and I had to have three units of blood put in. They sent me over to Grace Cottage Hospital for 10 days, and then they told my daughter that I could come home but I was not to be left alone. My daughter stayed for a while. She's a registered nurse and still working in a hospital. For six weeks, I was never left alone. Different people took turns coming along.

I am 94 years old but I have never worried. I lived alone for 50 years, so it was an adjustment. A couple of ladies come in three times a week to check on me and do little things for me. I walk without a cane and I'm on a lot of pills and I'm on iron tablets. So far, I have not needed to use this Lifeline but I've been wearing it around my neck ever since I came home from the hospital. My brother came and hooked it up here into something. He's wearing a Lifeline too and he's younger than me. He is very pleased that I was willing to have it. I feel confident that if I need it, I will push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell and broke my tail bone. Before that, I tripped over a dog. And I fell and broke my hip. So I have the Philips Lifeline as my medical alert device and it goes around my neck and I keep it there. I put it in the back at night when I go to bed and leave it in the front during the day. I like it so far and I have no problem ‘cause I've fallen a couple of times since then and they come to pick me up. All I have to do is push the button, they answer immediately and they tell me they will get me help and I just wait for it. They're very thoughtful and on the ball.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for providing a review to us, we are glad to be able to give you and your family peace of mind, and you mom is able to be at home. Take care!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Everything has been wonderful with our experience with Philips Lifeline. My mother was not getting a lot of exercise and she was getting sedentary so her muscles were failing on her. She was falling down and she took a good fall so after that, we decided that she needed Philips ‘cause she still wanted to stay in her home, so that was the next step to keep her safe.

Since having Philips, it's much better. For her, it doesn't matter so much ‘cause she doesn’t sometimes know what it is for. That’s why we had to switch to the one that will detect the fall if she does. And as far as for me and my siblings, it’s a wonderful peace of mind. She can get around. She doesn’t have a walker but she slipped on some newspapers a few weeks ago and fell down. Philips is just wonderful. If something does happen, it doesn’t take them 10 minutes. It’s just within a couple of minutes, which is really nice ‘cause every minute counts when someone’s fallen.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad that you are ok after your fall and happy you feel safer having the Philips Lifeline service. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I'm getting old and falling but with the Philips Lifeline device, I know I'm safer and that I've got someone right there ready to come when I needed them. I wear it around my neck which is very comfortable. I had used it the other night. I fell backwards where I'm flat on my back and couldn't get up. I told them to call my daughter first because I didn't know exactly where the key was. Philips Lifeline called her and she sent them over. It took them a little longer than I expected it to be but the good part is that I wasn't hurt. The guy picked me up like it was nothing and they were very nice.

Philips Lifeline

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

When I lost my inner ear, my balance system, I was prompted to have a medical alert device with me. So I now have my Lifeline and when I remember to put it on, I know that if I don't have my phone next to me, I have something that I can depend on. Since I live alone, at least I have some way to communicate. I've never had to call the Lifeline team, but if I put the device down too fast or for some reason I hit it, they do come on right away.

The biggest problem I have is that there's only one box and my apartment is quite large. I have to put the device in a bedroom but if I couldn't see it, I'm curious if the Philips team can hear me. I've never had to activate it in the living room, but they either have to add another box or have the speaker within the device itself. Also, the device is ugly and there are issues with it. The technology is not quite as chic as it could be. I don't wear it at night because I have a sleep machine and it's too much going on. So, I leave it on the bed stand. I don't wear it either when I go out or when I'm in the shower. I only wear it when I'm alone in my place.

Philips Lifeline Company Profile