toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Philips Lifeline

We are glad you are satisfied with your service and we are there for you when you need us, thank you so much for reaching out to us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I had a second stroke and it caused me to be unsteady on my feet. I was using a different medical alert device but it wasn't available for me to use when I moved to Iowa. I switched to Philips and whenever I needed them, they were there. I know that all I have to do is push that button and somebody will be here to help me with whatever it is that I need. And they’re here quickly as if I called 911. I'm very satisfied with Philips and I have recommended them to several people.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are happy with the service and thank you for taking time to provide a review!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am 88 years old and have fallen a number of times. A medical alert is the easiest thing that, if I do fall, I can push the button and get some help. I wear my Philips Lifeline device like a necklace around my neck and don't take it off. I still make sure that my balance is good so it’s a safety situation. I’ve had no problem with their team and they're always very polite and nice when I check in with them once a month.

Philips Lifeline

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out and tell us your story! We love hearing stories like this one, and we are so delighted that you and your husband are happy with the service. Please let your husband know the button is waterproof so he can wear it in the shower. Thank you again for reaching out and providing us with this positive review. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

My husband had the Philips Lifeline button before we got married. He wears it as a necklace. He takes it off when he showers and then puts it back on. He has it on all the time, even if we go out. He lost his previous lifeline device so we called up and got another one. Philips Lifeline is a fabulous company. Whenever he has to check the button, the people who do the job on the phone responding are fantastic. We had only a few times that we waited but they apologized. They are also well-fitting in an emergency. When we got together and gave each other a humongous hug, the button went off and the reps called asking if it was anything. He said, “No, no. My wife just gave me a hug.” And the guy said, “Continue. Bye-bye.” So they also have humor. And that’s so important nowadays in life.

Philips Lifeline is the best and more people should have it. Whenever somebody lives alone, it doesn’t matter how old, things can happen. The lifeline button is one of the best things that ever was invented. For a single person or especially older people, it’s the most precious friend to have along. As an example, I had something going on in my life and I felt I was fainting, didn’t feel well, wanted to run to the neighbor, didn’t make it and was on the floor for two hours. And I was in my twenties then. So it really is not depending on old age only.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide a review and feedback. The pieces of plastic on your necklace are the adjustment parts and the break away safety feature, we are sorry you find them uncomfortable. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns, we are more than happy to help! Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I was living in Los Angeles and had a number of falls in the apartment. My daughter said that next time I fall I've got to get in touch with the Lifeline people and sign up with them. I have the necklace and it isn't too comfortable because it has those little plastic units that the cord goes through. Those little plastic things are sharp and unless I fiddle with the necklace, it hurts the neck.

Once when I was moving the unit, I pushed the button by accident and they called me back right away. However, I have a problem about the cording between the phone and the outlet. In this small apartment that I now have, I had the telephone unit sitting on one of my counters in the kitchen and there were so many cords I didn't know what to do. I'm afraid to deal with electricity for fear of cutting something off and I called Lifeline about it. They sent someone right out and I am not dissatisfied. But there are yards of cording and it takes up room on this counter. And if I had less yards of that cording or have some way in which I could create a home for them so they'd be safe and butt out of the way and give me the space that I need on the counter, that would be great. Someone called a while ago asking whether everything was all right and I mentioned this to him. He said he didn't know of anything that he could suggest that I get to house that cording.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review! Thank you for the feedback and letting us know your Mother In Law's story. Take care

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

My mother-in-law lives with us, so she’s not alone. She has Philips Lifeline and she never uses it. She has it on the necklace. When she’s accidentally pushed it, their team's response time was within 30 seconds and it was fairly good. It would be nice if the unit had a cover on it so that the cat couldn’t press the buttons because I've had to take and put it in a covered basket to keep the cat off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Philips Lifeline for a while now. I got it here in my bedroom and also got the wristband on it. I can pop them anytime I need it and then they will be over on my system. I'm glad I got it because I just started to use it not too long ago. My sister-in-law was with me and I was not doing well. So I told the lady on the phone that I needed to go to the hospital when she asked me and she got the ambulance out here. The response was quick and timely. Philips Lifeline is good and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are glad you find the button comfortable and that you would recommend it to a friend. Be well and safe!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I've had Philips Lifeline for at least two years now. I have the one which I wear around my wrist. It's convenient and easy to wear. I've also had good results when talking to their team. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Philips Lifeline

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Thank you for telling us your story, we are glad to be able to give help provide you confidence and security in your home, and that you find the button comfortable to wear. Please take care!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

After my husband passed away, my daughters thought it was necessary for me to have an alert device. I am 93 years old and living alone in a bi-level house. Though I do have a chair lift, my concern is just the general fear of falling. With the Philips Lifeline, it would know if I fall and I could get help. The team has always been very helpful when they have called to check on my monthly reception. They seemed to be knowledgeable. I feel very confident that any help that I may need will be answered promptly even when I'm here alone. We also have an excellent medic team here in our town and a wonderful police force that is very attentive. I also feel confident about the Lifeline. I wear the device around my neck all the time, night and day. It's comfortable and very convenient for me. I'm very satisfied with my experience with them.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for providing us with a review! We are glad that your mom is living on her own again. Please do not ever hesitate to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions we are always happy to help!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I saw in an ad that it didn't matter if one were standing or fell down, the Philips Lifeline device would go ahead and call because of the proximity sensor on it. My mom has the device on the neck but she was out here for three months because she'd been sick and hadn't used the device for at least three months. It sat in there and lost connectivity. So we got a new fob last Tuesday and had it connected a week ago today. With the device, she's living on her own again right now.

I've had excellent interaction with the Philips Lifeline team. They've helped me and said that I can call a number and they'll take care of it. But I need to get something more mobile with her because she's at my house which is 70 miles away which makes it more difficult to make sure she's monitored all the time. I had one of the customer service people send me the mobile plan but it’s been a while since I read it so I need to read it again to understand how it functions. What I truly loved about it was that if she fell down and got below so far, the device would automatically place the call. That was the biggest selling point. Now if I had that plus the mobile, it would be perfect.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with a review, we are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Please never hesitate to call our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Be well and take care!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

My daughter was working at St. Mary's Hospital, and she told me to get Philips Lifeline, so I did. I've had it for a few years already, and my only problem is the cord is getting a little frayed. Additionally, I think I should be able to use it in a bigger range than just in my house. Because if I want to go outside for a walk or something, I can't use it. Otherwise, I have no problem. I would recommend it.

Philips Lifeline

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Philips Lifeline was in our neighborhood, and was being talked about, so we chose and had it ever since. I've got a new one but for some reason, the little string makes my neck itch, whereas the other one didn't. Nonetheless, I'm happy and Philips has been real good. I haven't had any issues till my phone went out, but they sent me a new one and everything is fine.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are so glad to hear that we could help provide peace of mind to you and your family! Thank you for being part of The Philips Lifeline Family and recommending it to a friend too. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

After my daughter looked into a couple of brands, Philips seemed appropriate for what I needed. I live alone and I go up and downstairs to do my laundry and people feel more secure that I have my Lifeline on. Having it gives them peace of mind. A little while ago, the light wasn’t showing us something and I called it in. It had become unplugged and I hadn’t even noticed that it was, but a very nice gentleman was very helpful and it took a very short time to know what was wrong. So far, everything has been going fine with it. I recommended it to a friend and she got one too!

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to provide us with a review, we are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Please never be sorry for an accidental call. Be well and safe.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

My daughter in San Diego started me on Philips Lifeline. I don't have any trouble with it except if I lay on it in bed once in a while. I've set it off accidentally before. I just told their people that I'm sorry and that was it. I have no one here so it's wonderful to have the Philips Lifeline device.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son got Philips Lifeline for me. I'm 97 years old and the only one that lives in this house. I have the device around my neck and another thing on my nightstand. Their people have been excellent. I've gotten very good care. I'd recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with a review, we are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Just to let you know our neck cords have a breakaway feature on them for safety Please never hesitate to call our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Be well and take care!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I’ve had Philips Lifeline for a long time and I got the one around my neck at first. Then I got a letter from them stating that I should not wear it to bed at night because it can wrap around and choke me. So I switched to the wrist one and I like it better. Thank goodness I haven’t had any falls since I started using the wrist one. I haven’t had any trouble with the Philips Lifeline team.

Philips Lifeline

We want to thank you for reaching out to us, we will have a representative reach out to you in regards to your concerns. Also please never hesitate to call our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns, we are more than happy to help. Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My mother has been wearing the Philips Lifeline for four years now. She had a heart attack while I was asleep. She pushed the button and the reps called me. But, she fell twice last week and the device did not go off.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for providing us with a review, we are glad to hear that you are happy and have more confidence with our service, take care!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

One of my mom’s cousins literally died because she didn’t had a medical alert device. If she have had one, it would’ve saved her life. I got a Philips Lifeline device mainly for my mother, she's 96, and the device gives us a little bit more confidence. We've had it for years and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got Lifeline for our father since August and he wears the bracelet. He's fine and comfortable with it. Every now and then I catch him taking it off, but other than that, he doesn't seem to think about it at all. He pushed the button accidentally one time as he was trying to put it on. Of course, the thing went off and we're home at the time so we all got involved. We were glad to see the immediate response and how it works.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your story and provide us with a review. We are so glad we have been able to help you when you have needed us! You can wear the button all the time and we never mind if you have an accidental call. Please take care.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

My son calls me through the day and at night before he goes home to check if I'm all right. One time, I was telling him about some elderly lady who had a Philips Lifeline. She said she wouldn’t be without it and that it saved her life several times. My son got me one as well and it has saved my life too since I’ve gotten it as I don’t know when I might fall and get hurt being that I'm by myself day and night.

I'm 86 years old and I’ve had my Philips Lifeline for a good while now. I wear it on my neck. When I first got it, I thought it was heavy. But now, I don’t pay too much attention to it. I wear it all day but I don’t sleep with it on my neck although everybody says I should. The device falls from one side to the other and I could push it while I'm turning at night. It could go off with me being asleep and nothing is wrong. That’s why I take it off at night and lay it on a little table.

Last Sunday, we had a lunch for the senior citizens after preaching. Everybody was hugging me and squeezing me and up and carrying on. When we got through and I started out the door to go to my car, my device went off and I was asked if I was all right. It was embarrassing and I explained that I didn’t push the thing and that I was all right. Their rep's reaction time was real good, though. Other than that I'd tell anybody they need a Philips Lifeline if they’re by themselves. A lot of older people wish they had one of these and I tell them to call in and get it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns. Thank you and take care

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I've owned the Lifeline since 2012 through Gold Medallion. I have the bracelet and I don't ever take it off. The only thing I don't like about it is that the band gets dirty. It's been a couple of months ago when the company changed over to Philips. I called them about something the first time I got a bill and I asked the lady if I could possibly get another band and she said, "No. It all came together." She wanted to know how long I've had it and I told her that I had been on it since 2012. She said they'll just send a new one with no charge, and they did. I've not had to use the device for an emergency of any kind, but I check it every now and then to make sure it's working. When I got the new one activated, I had to call and tell them what I was doing after I got through with the whole process, and they were very nice.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking time to provide us with a review. Thank you for being with Philips Lifeline for two years and recommending us! Take care

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

Had my Philips Lifeline necklace for two years. When I have inadvertently pressed the button of the device, they answered it but I told them I had no need for them. Their response time has been instantaneous. I recommend them to my friends.

Philips Lifeline

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I've been using Philips Lifeline for a month now. I'm in my backyard so much. I've got a huge yard, not so far, where I like to spend my life, and I got the medical alert because if I fall there, nobody could hear me holler. I feel better having it. I got the one with a string around my neck, but I should have had something different instead of just that string. So far, I'm satisfied with it and I'd recommend it to anybody that's my age and out doing the things I do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter did a lot of research on Philips Lifeline, as I had said that would be something I thought I needed, and I received it as a Christmas gift. It's big compared to what I've seen on other people. I don't know if it's because of the kind of service I have, but I'm fine with it. Once, I was in a neighboring town and must have jarred it, then they came on and asked if everything was alright. I'm happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a Philips Lifeline and when I had to use it, I was in such shock I didn't know I even had it around my neck. The neighbor had to come over and help. I'd recommend it to anybody that lives alone.

Resolution In Progress

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

My mother-in-law has had the Lifeline service for 10+ years - it was originally "sold" and installed by a local agent (a hospital) and so the price every month is at a premium rate to (presumably) pay off the commissions that continue to be earned for half an hour's work 10+ years ago. The system has always required a landline (additional expense) and there has never been a call or a mailing outlining the more modern systems which also appear to be cheaper. The monthly cost is "conveniently" extracted from a bank account once a month (in advance).

We just cancelled the service (an unpleasant customer service experience) and learned that there are no refunds (even though payments are in advance) nor do they either collect their units or send pre-paid boxes / labels to enable proper return of their equipment (which will presumably end up in the dumpster anyway as it is long obsolete). So, you have to pay for the month you don't use and then figure out how to uninstall the unit and then trot on down to the Post Office to secure appropriate packaging and ship back the stuff at your own expense. As the surly agent reminded us - all of this is buried in that legalese that was signed 10+ years ago so complaining will yield nothing. Except a totally negative review. A disgrace.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide a review, we are happy to hear that you find it comfortable and convenient to wear. Please continue to be well, take care!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I've been using my Philips Lifeline device for about seven years. It's comfortable and convenient to wear. Somebody told me about it so we got it and I've been pleased with it. I thank God I haven't needed to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter heard about Philips Lifeline and wanted to get one. I've had it for about five years now and I wear the wristband. The unit is being checked monthly by the Philips team. However, I find the response time to be sometimes a bit slow.

Resolution In Progress

Philips Lifeline

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I wear the device on my neck, but it stopped on me and malfunctioned when I needed it one time. I had fallen and couldn’t get Lifeline so I had to pull one of the alarms in the apartment. But other than that, I'm satisfied.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We are glad you feel safe and find it comfortable to wear even if you have not had to use it. Take care!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I've been using the Philips Lifeline for five years now. Thank goodness, I have never needed to use it but it's there and I feel safer with it being there. It's convenient to wear. I don't have any qualm with it.

Philips Lifeline

We are so glad to hear that we have provided some piece of mind to you and your family. Thank you so much for taking time to reach out and provided us with this review. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

My dad is 92 years old and lives with me. We got Lifeline because my husband and I both work so in case he falls, there would be a way for someone to call and notify us. I've talked to the people at Lifeline occasionally whenever they put in a new battery to make sure it works. They were helpful and friendly. My dad is more independent now. It's been great. I'd recommend it to other people.

Philips Lifeline Company Profile