3.9/5 (925 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

When I shop at Amazon.com I always have a good experience.. I've never had any trouble with them.. Until one day my Grandmother got me a $5 amazon gift card.. The problem is I still have it on my account and don't know what to do with it.. Lol so I have to find something for $5 or get another card. Lol I will one day because we just got amazon firesticks for all 4 rooms..

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

A person does need to be careful what they purchase on Amazon. I read the information extensively before I click the process button. Making sure you are purchasing what you think you are purchasing is very important. Looking around and checking prices to make sure you couldn't get a better deal elsewhere, but also taking into consideration what it would cost to have it shipped from another company. Amazon has a great selection of practically anything a person could want. I love how I buy anything from books to clothing to groceries.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

While maligned by many, Amazon comes through. Deliveries can be in less than one day to no more than a week. Amazing. Especially when you can't find the product locally or something you may not even know existed. The variety is endless and prices are acceptable when you consider free shipping. Amazon complies with delivery instructions and products are handled with care. Tracking could be improved by real-time display, but, generally comes within the specified time frame. Delivery times are a bit overbroad for routine routes, but, this is forgivable for overall performance.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Overall if you need something and can't find it, go to Amazon they have just about everything. Usually it is cheaper than anywhere else. But remember that you get what you pay for. It's extremely important to read the description and the reviews. But you also need to remember that just because one person has an issue, doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. Amazon has a really good refund policy so that you don't get taken by shady people. Yeah I have received junk but the overall quality has been awesome. Most products have a 2 day delivery time. Just make sure you check to see when the delivery date is. I think way too many people get hostile because they don't read the delivery date.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I use Amazon.com on a regular basis. The delivery options are fantastic. They give you a choice of days, where to place your deliveries at your home, and where to deliver your packages if you're not going to be home. I also like the follow up email with picture of the delivery. If there's a delay with your delivery, you are given the option of a replacement or a cancelation with a correction on your account. Concerns are handled in a timely manner and to your satisfaction. The tracking option is a welcome plus because of the detailed information. I can find everything I need on Amazon.com. I highly recommend Amazon.com. Happy shopping!

Original review: May 23, 2022

Received a damaged PC from a third party seller that conveniently started showing signs of having said massive damage to the hard drive, rendering it completely useless after the return window after I had barely used it. Description said it was not refurbished but it turns out it actually was. Seller wouldn’t respond to my messages and denied my return requests so I contacted Amazon’s CS rep who gave me the go ahead for a return. When I got ready to send it, the seller denied the return and threatened to send it back. It was sent back to the seller but the seller never sent it back to me or gave me a refund. I contacted Amazon about this trying to get my money back or get them to have the seller stick to their word and return the pc so that I could pay to have it fixed and was given a different answer each time. Some told me I could get a refund others told me no and lowkey shamed me for not filing a claim.

I was never made aware of the A-Z claim option until after they successfully drew this out over 90 days by telling me to wait and email. I finally gave up and told them I’d be canceling my account and would be taking the matter elsewhere which I actually did. A whole year later, we got the local news station involved who then reached out to Amazon on my behalf. And whaddya know, Amazon refunded me my money the next day but still had the nerve to send me a passive aggressive email, still trying to blame me stating that this is the “only time they will do this and that next time they will not be able to help” or something along those lines, even though this could’ve been prevented had they just had someone tell me the correct answer the first time that I reached out to customer service!

I’ve since then closed my Amazon account and will not be making any more purchases from them hopefully ever again. To any first time Amazon buyers, please look elsewhere. The service is shady. A lot of third party sellers are deceitful and will go as far as to try to “refund” you to remove negative reviews but will do it as a return request so Amazon will still expect you to return the item. I had to literally contact CS and send them screenshot evidence of the conversations between sellers who did this and I just so they’d know that I was telling the truth.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I purchased a $ 2,200.00 camera through Amazon prime. I thought since this was a prime order that Amazon would cover me if anything went wrong. Bad mistake on my part! Turns out the seller was a complete fraud and they sent me a cheap kids bag of some sort. No camera. I immediately called Amazon and set up a return. I tracked it each day and confirmed delivery to their returns department. After over 10 days I still have not been refunded. I have called Amazon every day and they are no help and will not refund my $. I also reported as fraud and American Express is investigating. This has been my worst online purchase experience ever!

FYI, the seller ripped off many other Amazon customers and has a 100% negative feedback. Amazon knows this but will not back up the customer whatsoever. I estimated over 50k in stolen money from various customers. It's really unbelievable. Also, Amazon deleted all my return information from my account. They also delete any negative reviews that I post on Amazon. Luckily I have documented this information well and still have copies. Stay away from this company. Since management was changed it is complete crap show. Buy direct. I have had great experiences with other online sellers and my prime account will be no more!

Original review: May 21, 2022

Good luck with Amazon call back customer service supervisors if the bot can't help nor the person in an overseas boiler room with such strong accents, super loud background noise and you have to repeat yourself over and over. I have tried two different times and been told both times a supervisor is not available but definitely will call me shortly. Confirmed my phone number and NOTHING - CRICKETS! It is very sad!

Original review: May 19, 2022

For a long time I was pretty happy with them but as of lately I keep getting unrecognized charges to my Chase debit card from Amazon. It always gets “straightened out” once I chat with a customer service representative but it’s getting pretty old pretty quick.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Amazon Prime charged me at least 10 months for their Membership without asking me. I noticed 2 weeks ago and cancelled the unwanted subscription. I requested a refund twice already for those months and they declined to do so. User's recommendation: Always be cautious when buying there. Other places are more impeccable like eBay.

Amazon.com Company Information