1.84/5
Based on 1,442 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5052 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I would like to thank very much one of your customer service representatives, namely, Mr. Dujawne **, who was excellent at assisting me in the process of returning an item. A very kind gentleman and for sure, one of the best I have dealt with from Amazon.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered a heavy duty pool leaf net/skimmer 2 years ago. It lasted a long time, so I decided to reorder it on Amazon. There is a place you can view past orders and reorder items. The product was out of stock, so I was instead sent a poorly made leaf net from a completely different company that does not fit on my handle. Instead, it came with its own crappy handle. I did not choose this product nor was I told that the one I wanted was out of stock. It doesn't even look like the product I bought in the picture. It's through a third party, so now I have to wait for 2 days to see if I can even return it. It's very difficult to figure out how to get in touch with Amazon directly. Once I got to that page, it backed out in the middle of my explanation and doesn't return. I should've known to just buy through my other trusted companies.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I made a contribution to a big gift my brother and sister-in-law had put on their Amazon baby registry. I convinced others to go in on it, so that they'd have it for the upcoming baby shower. A few things to know: 1) your contribution goes towards one big gift card (not the actual item) and it can be used for anything. 2) This is non-refundable. 3) If the price of the item increases (which the item we contributed to did -- went up almost $15.00 overnight) then the registry will say the item is not fully "funded". 4) If you don't contribute to a big item then those other items will be shipped to where you choose, but those that you "contribute" to has Amazon holding the money.

I complained about this because when the item we chose was all paid for, it should freeze the price because I felt we purchased the item. I didn't realize that Amazon handles this as a big gift card and holds the cash in a "gift card" for the parents. I'd rather give the couple cash because there is a chance gift cards go unused and the company keeps all the money. Also, it is not fair that an item on the registry will increase that much once we fully funded it. It all seems very wrong to me.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Like a lot of other review say - ordered an item, paid for shipping - it still took 8 to 10 days. Free shipping takes 8 to 10 days when the estimate said it would take three to five days to reach me. Amazon charges about $20 to $40 more on every product go to the actual company's website and buy it for 20 to 30 bucks cheaper. Bought a weather temperature sensor that said they couldn't send it to me due to shipping restrictions. Went online to the company and got it for $20 less than Amazon selling it for and free shipping. It was here in 3 days. Ordered something on Amazon the same day - still waiting for it a week later. My advice is don't use Amazon.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Amazon Prime promises two day delivery of in stock items. Expected arrival is provided before placing order. I ordered in stock items on Fri 18 Jan 2019 with NO items shipping the next day Sat 19 Jan 2019 and some items shipping Sun 20 Jan 2019 and the last item did not ship until Mon, 21 Jan 2019 i.e. the day everything should have arrived. This is the second time I've had this issue in about the last month. I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership and have disputed the charge on my credit card since Amazon does not issue a credit for the unused time on the annual membership i.e. they only cancel the automatic renewal of your account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

It is very difficult to find shoes that fit me. I am a size 11 and have unusual feet. I have given up on shoe stores, and mostly just get shoes online and return what doesn't fit. Amazon is fantastic at letting me buy 30 shoes and returning what doesn't fit, and returns are free or cheap. Their other shopping categories are also amazing. We order stuff from them all the time and have 3-10 packages from them a week. Go Amazon Prime. Also TV shows on Amazon Prime are great. Not many movie options for free, but TV show variety is fantastic.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Placed an order on 28 Dec on prepaid basis. Delivery time was 14 to 17 Jan. No tracking info since 28 Dec despite tracking not being generated. Having not received the same in time called Amazon since 18 Jan. But customer service have no answer except to wait. No action against the seller. Treat customer as their joy toy. And Amazon is asking me to review the product which I have still not received. And they are not publishing negative reviews.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have ordered a Redmi Y2 BLACK 4GB RAM 64 GB STORAGE. But I have opened the packet I see the sealed open the mobile box and there is no any mobile phone inside the mobile box. I have received a detergent soap inside the mobile box. I totally confused because I have paid 9999rs for a Redmi Y2 mobile cost but I have received a detergent soap. I am sending image of the received packet inner side and outer side. And I hope you will be issued a replacement or refund as soon as possible. I am sending image in many times of the received products. And I want only replacement because I need a mobile phone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Amazon is advertising one selling fee for "Appliance" items **, but after item sells, Amazon overcharges the seller fee amount advertised, claiming it does not belong to the Appliance category, despite documentation stating in fact that "Split-system Air Conditioners" do belong to the "Appliance" category. We made several attempts to Amazon seller support informing of these facts but we received repeated responses from Amazon, unable to acknowledge the documented seller fee category fact and unwilling to honor their advertised seller fees for "Split-system Air Conditioners" which clearly states it falls under the "Appliances" category in Amazon's seller documentation. Amazon Seller support does not acknowledge the documented seller terms and fees and the "Add Attachment" button does not work or allow us to upload a screenshot of the Amazon terms.

Amazon seller support responds with... "Dear Seller, Thank you for contacting back. I'm Avanth again. I would like to inform you that your product is listed under node with category as below: Home & Kitchen/Categories/Heating, Cooling & Air Quality/Air Conditioners & Accessories/Air Conditioners/Split-System. Lastly, please note changing the product to an incorrect category may lead to suspension from Seller Performance team. And as per the Amazon catalog, the ASIN has split system with node falls under 'Home' category and was charged the correct referral fee as 15%." So ultimately, Amazon knows how to advertise a low rate, but eventually charges a higher rate, despite thousands of pages of documentation supporting our argument while Amazon seller support responds with like a broken machine record.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I received 6 items from Prime Pantry today. 2 of 6 are damaged. One a total destruction. My "bag" of Kettle chips were packed on the bottom of the box with 2lbs. of ketchup and 10 ozs. of Accent dropped on top of them. They now crumbs. The second item was Arm & Hammer detergent. The bottom corner of it had obviously been dented in with a pin hole prior to being put in the box, since the box has no dents, but a small puddle of detergent from the hole. My true anger is that there is NO recourse for this damage. All six items appear to be "not eligible" for return. Buyer beware, and truthfully I am cancelling my trial Prime Pantry as I would never order from this section of Amazon again. I am a regular Prime member and have used it frequently spending close to $2,500 since December. I do like Amazon, but if this is their best in groceries, count me out.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Purchased a computer through Amazon third party seller Amazing Online Store. Shipped with my Prime benefits. Shipper of their choice (FedEx) lied about delivery attempts. Contacted Amazon and their third party seller treated me so poorly to the point that they called me a pathetic online shopper and knew nothing about online shopping. Amazon on the other hand kept sending "we are sorry emails" yet they chose to delete the feedback left about the seller performance because I guess they don't like bad feedback on them nor on their sellers. Done with Amazon. Prime accounts closed and will really think twice before ever going back to their website. They are now too big that they are failing. This after 14+ years of being a loyal customer, Prime and everything. This is a small sign on the cracks in their leadership.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Charged twice for the same order, talked to customer service multiple times on different occasions, promised to make it right more than once, but lied. Even sent emails stating that they would (all lies). Recorded phone conversations stating that they would make it right (all lies). Not only was I charged over $168. I was charged with overdraft fees. Was promised that they would make it right, but NO THEY LIED! I have had to contact these people so many times because of their lack in customer service, and language understanding. I will not ever use this service again and I would say BUYERS BEWARE!!! I have all bank, email documents to prove everything that I have said.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Son bought Xmas gift through Amazon using a debit card. Product did not work so I called for return. I was told a gift card would be applied to MY acct once item was returned & received. They sent me free return shipping label. Product was received but no credit. Called to find out it would take 2 weeks because gift card was being issued to different acct. I could have gone into any store with receipt and had my refund in hand to make another purchase. Now they said they will credit back to initial form of payment 3-5 days to my son's acct. A lot good that does me. They have the merchandise and now we still have to wait an unacceptable amount of time to receive the refund. Never again will I use Amazon to purchase anything. Much rather be able to ask questions in person when purchasing especially electronics. But with any purchase where there is a problem is much less of a hassle to return. Hope this company goes under!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Was looking to buy a 50" TV. Got to the checkout and it said "2 day" delivery was Tuesday... I was ordering on Thursday. For an extra $29.99, I could get delivery on Saturday, which is a 'normal' delivery day for me. Contacted Customer Service (chat) and was told there was 'prep' time and Saturday wasn't a 'normal' delivery day, so I asked why not "2 day" delivery on Monday and was again told 'prep' time. Apparently, it take 36~48 hours to get the TV out the door of the warehouse. The next day (Friday), I checked and I could still get "2 day" delivery on Tuesday or Saturday delivery for $$. I finally went ahead and ordered at 4:30 AM on Saturday for "2 day" Tuesday delivery. Definitely going to think about my Prime Membership when it's time to renew.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Absolutely awful. Amazon use Pilot Courier. Engagement rings never arrive. They send another. This goes on over a month. And had to cancel order. Never again will I use them. Now my proposal is two days away.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Had two packages within the last month and in both instances the order page claimed it was 'handed directly to resident.' Roommate was there and never saw the package or delivery person. Only way to track package is through Amazon's site because they're the ones delivering it and it's just so not true. I'm so done with Amazon. I've had a Prime membership for years now but there's no point in it if they can't even hire competent delivery companies.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Lying to customer is really not professional. On to logistics say they will deliver it again on the same night and they didn't. For this reason I will never order back from you. I been told by employee of Purolator that happen really often. Customer complain about the same thing as me. That show to me Amazon really don't care about their client. I will stick with eBay more reliable with shipping.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

In the last few months, Amazon has begun delaying 2 day orders to up to a week with no explanation. I have also started receiving wrong items, which never happened in the previous 19 years, and poorly packed damaged items.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Promised shipment 1/18/2019. Not only did not receive shipment. AMAZON notated their records on their website as received at **. Items ended up - courtesy of UPS in New Jersey... After this, I will avoid UPS and Amazon both.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Amazon froze my account, an order, and my gift cards without explaining why for two days. The only way to find an Amazon phone number was a Wikipedia entry or by opening a new account. Now they want me to fax a copy of my checking account statement to some guy overseas to verify I am the credit card holder. I doubt very much anyone at my bank will speak to someone to verify sensitive banking information just because they claim to work for Amazon. Amazon needs to get out of the detective business and back to shipping boxes!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I cannot agree more that Amazon's customer support is ZERO star right now. No one seems to care about you. Their delivery service has made it worse. I have 3 recent orders from Amazon and ALL OF THEM were delivered to the WRONG DEPARTMENT. I am lucky that my great neighbors gave them back to me. What is worse, they lie about the delivery status. They say it's delivered and handed directly to a resident. I was home all day long. I never received a package. Guess what, 2 DAYS LATER, I found the package sit in front of my NEIGHBOR'S DOOR. How can they lie about the shipment status?! I'd rather you tell me it will arrive late than lying to me it's delivered. I will ESCAPE from Amazon as much as I can from now on.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Amazon has always been a top customer support company. Until now! No answers or support to 3rd party hoax sellers that they allow on their platform. Not even a mail and now I’m forced to report credit card abuse to MasterCard. Maybe they will take their support more seriously after they lose customers. There are other options out there???

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I received a textbook rental that had been soaked in brown liquid, dried, and guggs of brown goo was still attached to the book. My respiratory system became irritated, my skin started itching and I had to get it out of my apartment before my health would get worse. It stunk horribly as in health damaging. I called customer service- seriously sarcastic giggling female from the Philippines or something came to the conclusion after a long wait that I can send it back and get a refund...

I had to send it back because it was so infectious. I feel somewhat numb now... I will get over it but this is absolutely disgusting. Amazon has done away with customer service entirely. The CSR did not understand that I wanted to legitimately complain about this very disgusting book that should not be in circulation. NOTHING!! It did not register with CSR, I could return it. They are in repeat mode racist world!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Amazon is by far the best company I have dealt with. I had an issue 10 minutes on support. Filed a claim because a seller wouldn’t give my money back. Done! Full refund. Got money back on shipping. Amazon has sent me things in one day. They have given me discounts. If it’s over warranty they will give me a part refund. I love Amazon. I don’t feel bad for businesses failing, maybe stop being so bad and put customers first. I sell on Amazon and I love it!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I've had one pet stroller and then its replacement delivered severely damaged by FedEx. Each time Amazon sets me up to have a different carrier, UPS, pick the damaged merchandise up the next day - and I have to wait ALL day as I can't get even a time range when that might be. Both boxes were damaged in the same spots. The damage was so evident (broken wheels protruding from a box falling apart), that I haven't even opened the boxes. Why does Amazon keep shipping boxes not shipping-ready, and using such an inept carrier that would drop these boxes at my door then dart away, probably knowing I would ask them to load it right back on the truck. If I have to use Amazon again, it will be for soft-goods; they must not have this shipping thing down yet. And why can't they coordinate a pick-up time range with the carrier they've contracted. Maybe because customers will keep accepting poor service?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I'm not sure who is responsible, Microsoft or Amazon or both, but since it's the Amazon platform, they get the review. The "gift" card I just bought is both not able to be used as an actual gift card and nonrefundable. So, I have a $30 gift card for a gaming system I don't know anything about, and my 11-year-old nephew's birthday has just had a lot of tears added. Thanks, Amazon. To top it off, Amazon customer service refused to let me speak to a manager and also refused to resolve the issue. To add to all this, when Amazon bought out Whole Foods, the quality went way down, to the point where we will no longer shop there either. After the experience and quality of last few orders, I am closing down the account.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Amazon has become so big that do not care how they treat their customers. I have been a customer since 2010 and I have spent $20,000 plus with them ordering merchandise. They recently closed my account stating that I had too many returns. I have had less than 2% returns of all merchandise ever ordered with them. They said it was due to my account being closed previously for returns. This is far from the truth, my account was closed by me in Dec of 2017 due to my account being hacked. I have always suspected this hacking came from an Amazon employee but could never prove it. In Dec of 2017 this hacker went into my account and returned items and requested gift cards as credit. Then this person ordered items ($4,000) worth of merchandise and had it shipped to an address in TN another state.

I made Amazon aware of this and they did nothing to stop these shipments. I did file a police report but little could they do because it was in Amazon's hands. How I expect it was hacked through Amazon is they never sent UPS or anyone to pick up and of the items the hacker said he was returning. Amazon will always have returned items sent back. My account was closed for about a month trying to get through this. This was a nightmare. So as I mentioned Amazon just closed my account stating this is the 2nd time because of returns. The returns I have had was for 2 of the same coat that were incorrect size as stated on their website and I paid the shipping back. I wear a size large and ordered size large, did not fit then ordered a XLarge. Still too small. I had them shipped back and then Amazon closed my account.

To sum this up Amazon treats a customer of 19 years and who has spent over $20,000 with them all because they have NO competent people to do the research of why the account was closed before because of their own lack of security. I will NEVER purchase from them again, there is plenty of companies to buy from that have 2 day free shipping with comparable prices that do not treat their customers this way.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I spent 3 days on the phone with countless "agents" - most of that time trying to get each one to understand what I wanted - simply wanted to change my email address in my account. Based on the terrible telephone service I assume they are all located in South America where it is known to be poor quality phone service. Spent 15 - 25 minutes just getting them to understand what the problem was. Ended up having to create a new account losing my entire order history. This has to be the worse phone customer service out there!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Amazon's shipping seems to be wavering a lot lately in terms expeditiousness -- why does it take 5 days to get a shipping label created and only after I contacted their rep to discuss matter. They should let you know there is a delay for whatever reason -- have to wonder if it has something to do with Mr. Bezo's multi-billion dollar divorce. :( I hope it doesn't become the norm! And I do feel for those Prime customers who have discovered the special 2-day shipping only applies after it has been shipped -- in my case it would have still been 7 days. Order Jan 10-Shipping label. Created Jan 15 after I contacted Rep. Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Amazon Prime rarely delivers within the two day period and I’m constantly having to call them. I recently published 3 books through Kindle which is their publishing platform and ordered author proofs and paid to have them delivered in 3 business days - once again they failed to do so - they sent a notice that I would get them in two weeks even though I paid for their expedited service. I called them, and once again I got the runaround and passed off to someone in India who barely speaks English. I’m fed up with their horrible service! Amazon is a big fail in my opinion and their customer service doesn't even rate a 1. My issue was not resolved and my only choice is to wait two weeks, and it would be up to me to call back to get a refund for the expedited shipping I paid once the books get delivered in two weeks. When I said that was not good enough, the non-English speaking lady hung up on me.

Amazon.com Company Information