2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.2/5 (5304 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Like most anyone who uses the internet, I frequently use Amazon for a majority of my purchases. Even more so since the whole Covid-19 Pandemic. Occasionally I've had to return purchases which is a pretty straightforward process, no hoops to jump through or hidden pitfalls. Honestly, I don't think it's possible to make it any easier. More Recently, someone purchased over $150 worth of video rentals off my account. I immediately changed my password and contacted Amazon the next day. They helped me narrow down where the charge could have come from, how to prevent it from happening again, and issued a refund. I couldn't be more satisfied with my customer service experience.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Amazon refunded money for an item we never received over a month ago!! Then randomly decided 3 months later to charge me again as in a second time, for an item I once again, never received!!!! I thought the problem had been resolved the first time I had spoken with several people that only read from scripts and I can barely understand most times!!! Anyways since Amazon decided to take money out of my bank without my knowledge or permission on said item we never received it therefore makes my rent check bounce. Also costing late fees, overdraft fees, court costs, and fines from our landlord etc.

We are currently living dollar to dollar since Covid. I called and asked them for assistance in the problem and they said well it was already in process so there's nothing that they could do!!! They told me that they could in a day or so send a 2nd refund of the amount of money they had originally charged me that they shouldn't have, but they could do nothing about the fact that I had to pay any overdraft fees, late fees, or any other problem or inconvenience!! They gave zero concern that we could possibly get evicted over their mistake and that it's costing me hundreds of dollars I don't have in extra charges. I was told they would do nothing at all for me for any of the inconvenience.

They said the only thing that they could offer me was the fact that the return money that they shouldn't have charged me in the first place could be returned in 3-5 business days after it gets posted to their system in a day or two!!! It's the 1st of the month! How the heck is it supposed to help me in 3 to 5 days, after 1 to 2 days??!? That doesn't help any of the inconvenience, it doesn't help me pay any of the extra charges, and it certainly doesn't help me at all! They could just cancel the transaction and it would fix all the problems!!!!

It's so hard to understand any of the people on the phone that speak with such a heavy accent and static on top of it that I cannot comprehend what they're saying and constantly say, "What did you say? I'm sorry. I don't understand. Can you repeat yourself?" over and over again!! It sounds like they're only reading from a script, because they only answer the same few phrases and get confused if you ask them anything that isn't pre-answered in front of them!! Amazon needs to do better!!!

This is ridiculous. NO customer should be forced to get possibly evicted because of a random stupid charge that shouldn't have been processed at all! It should be fixable! They should be able to fix it on the spot not tell me it could take a week, and in the meantime cost me a crap ton of money, and better yet do nothing about the inconvenience besides tell me, "Oh well"!!! Not "Hey let me talk to the bank and see if we can deal with this," or "Here's a gift card," or "You know maybe if you tell your landlord what happened I can send you a letter proving that this was an issue," something, anything....

Original review: July 31, 2021

Returns are not being scanned in by Amazon's employee's at their return warehouse which is causing a delay in refunds that is due to customers. On some items that was damaged that I sent back it says that I got a refund but nothing showing the return complete on a return. I have questioned Amazon's customer service people about this. Amazon can turn around and charge you for a item that was sent back but not showing Return complete. I always print out 2 copies of the authorization return. One that is put into the item box I am returning and I keep a copy for myself to track the return. I am now waiting for a refund for 2 dresses that had their original tags on and returned back to them next day after receiving them. I even paid for UPS to pick them up for a charge of $6.00 each.

After tracking them I could see that they were delivered back to their warehouse. The 2 dresses that I sent back and they have received, it is showing a refund will be issued once we receive items back. Even though they have already the dresses back more than 5 days ago. Like to know how many Amazon customers are going thru the same problem. I am a Prime member and have been for many years. Calling their customer service is no help at all in trying to get my refund back $244.00 that I spent on these 2 dresses, even though 1 customer service person did tell me she could see that it was delivered back to their warehouse.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I needed an item for work. I needed it overnight. Amazon had it and said it could be delivered to their Hub Locker by 10PM the next day. Needless to say it did not come. Instead I got this message: "We’re very sorry your delivery is late. Most late packages arrive in a day. If you have not received your package by August 2, you can come back here the next day for a refund or replacement."

I ordered it on 8/29/21 at noon and here I am still waiting. Do not for any reason count on Amazon to deliver on their promises. In addition to this one day after signing up for Amazon, I started getting bogus emails about my Amazon account: Title: "BiIIing ProbIem: Prime service has ended on Thu, July 29, 2021. Update your billing information to keep Prime service [Document Number: **]". Checking the URL indicates Deceptive site ahead. Attackers on ** may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more. Have they been hacked and are not telling anyone?

Original review: July 31, 2021

I have had to deal with Amazon Corporate Office for the last 2 years because the Delivery Drivers do not read Delivery Instructions! Ever... I live on a busy street and I have had my packages stolen numerous times and the people at Corporate don't care! Horrible Customer Service!!!

Original review: July 26, 2021

7/3/2021 An Amazon driver hit my parked car. Neighbors all saw it happen after the two people delivered a package next door. The amazon driver quickly got out after they hit my car, picked up their ladder and left. By the time I was told they were long gone. I called the police but because they hit the vehicle and ran there wasn't much information he could put down. I was told I would be contacted several times after I submitted the supporting documents that I could but never was. I kept calling and emailing and finally they told me last week that they found the drivers, found the truck, and were going to review. Also claimed they reached out to one of the witnesses which WAS NOT true!

Today I get a call back after calling them and emailing repeatedly stating that they are denying the claim. How am I supposed to come up with more evidence if THEIR employees fled the scene. DO NOT use this POS company! They treat a lot of people the same way, even with the actual package deliveries! ALL careless!! This is the kind of company they are! This is the crap way they train their employees to be! Damage people's stuff and leave like nothing happened.

Amazon.com Company Information