2.22/5

Last updated: April 24, 2018

3840 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

In my last 14 orders, 9 of them were late. I was offered a one-time deal of an extra month added to my Prime account. Their position is they shipped it out next day. My position is that I don't contract with the shipping carrier, they do. I don't offer Guaranteed Delivery, they do. I have just given up. Took my Amazon Wish List and was able to find most of the items on it through Walmart with comparable prices so I have switched to Walmart for now. I know others experience the same problem. At the very least I think they should have to stop falsely advertising Guaranteed Delivery dates since they cannot reasonably fulfill that promise.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I am an Amazon Prime member and whenever they use USPS as the carrier my shipment is sent to a post office and not my home. The Amazon tracking says it was delivered to my home but it was not. This has happened for my last 20 orders and I have tried to resolve this with Amazon but it seems hopeless. Before when my orders were shipped with UPS, FedEx or OnTrac I never had a problem and shipments were delivered to my home. I am retired and seldom drive. Recently I had surgery and it's very hard to get around. When my shipments are sent to a post office I have to find a way to get there and then I have to wait in a long line. I can not do this anymore. I wish Amazon would go back to home deliveries with UPS, FedEx or OnTrac.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018 As a Prime subscriber I ordered a product and the heading said "Order in next 8 hours and get next day shipping, just click on "next day" shipping at check out".

I did that, within 7+ hours, and then the outrageous shipping showed on my bank account. This has happened numerous times and to many friends also. I called and explained and the chat operator said she would issue a ONE TIME refund. Not good... I consider this a "Bait and Switch" scam and wonder how many others this has happened to.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Shipment of hair product April 20, 2018 - I received a package today that I ordered for my son and it was thrown on my porch like they were tossing a newspaper, no one ever rang the doorbell or even put inside my door. The package was so small it could have been placed in my mailbox. I am very disappointed that my purchase was treated with little regards and I as a customer was treated so disrespectful. I will not be ordering anything further from Amazon.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I absolutely LOVE Amazon. I have ordered everything I need from Amazon for quite a few years now. Shipping is super fast, customer service is great and I rarely have to return anything. I love to read customer reviews before I buy. Items are delivered directly to my door. It doesn't get any easier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: April 19, 2018

Like another reviewer on this site, I’ve come to learn that there may be a lot of reviews that people don’t see because Amazon screens them. My positive reviews are usually always posted within minutes, but as soon as I write a negative review, it suddenly violates somebody’s rule and cannot be posted. All of my reviews are written in the same format, and I give detailed information. I use proper punctuation and no foul language. However, Amazon always find a reason not to post them without ever telling exactly why. They just send a generic message in response to my negative reviews as to why the reviews cannot be posted. I will not be renewing my Prime membership as a result.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Time & time again when an item is out for delivery with Amazon's delivery service, versus UPS, FedEx or USPS, the items show as delivered when they are not. Contacting customer service does not help at all as they are "reading" from a script rather than trying to resolve any issue.

Original review: April 17, 2018

As a 3rd party seller I'm forced regularly to accept returns even when Amazon wouldn't accept them based on their policy. The emails I receive are threatening me that they will charge my account anyway even after I point out their policy. The items I'm selling are expensive electronics with a much lower resale price as used. Meanwhile I have to cover my loses myself. Since I'm paying Amazon insane fees shouldn't I have rights as a customer too? Amazon policy for returns of computer part and electronics is 30 days "after purchase".

Original review: April 17, 2018

When I tried to review products I received from Amazon that they handled poorly they wouldn't let me say what happened because it made them look bad. Well isn't honesty the idea behind a review. I'm sorry Amazon did such a bad job, but shouldn't I be able to let people know how they handled the situation? So remember, when you read Amazon reviews you don't get to read the ones they don't want you to know about. I am done with them and intend to post this anywhere and everywhere that will let me post it since I CAN'T REVIEW THEM ON THEIR SITE.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I have been an Amazon customer since it started and 3 years as a Prime Member. I love dealing with Amazon. Anytime there has been a problem they are quick to resolve it. I have a few items not show up and been credited quickly. I have had a few other issues which were quickly resolved. I like using Amazon. It is reputable.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I set-up an Amazon payments shopper account on 3/22/2018, my e-mail was verified, my bank account was verified, and a message stated that my identity was being verified and that it would take up to 24 hours. It is now 4/15/2018, I contacted representatives eight times, I have been told that they are sending a message to Technical and to wait 1-2 days. So, for some reason I am being refused service, I canceled my Amazon Prime account, I was going to replace my Fire TV Stick, but I will be going with a competitor.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Customer service does not speak English. It is unbelievable how hard it is to communicate with the customer service representatives... They ask you million times to spell your e-mail address. When you are trying to explain the issue, they do not understand very well and at the end your problem is not solved at all...

Original review: April 15, 2018

Can't be there as promised delivery of the product. Multiple time I had bad experience about the delivery but still I had ordered product as one day delivery, but they have not fulfill their promise. Executives bloody Hell of giving only excuses, even the supervisor Mr. ** handled call very badly. He did not know the customer query, he was confirming with me and the resolution provided by him was tracking of the way AMAZON doing. It's very bad things which I got the experience from such company, even I booked another product from Flipkart without paying any extra rupees I got next day delivery, why should we go for Amazon? I asked same question they do not have any answer. Lastly without giving resolution supervisor disconnected the call. Guys before ordering please think 10 times.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I published several books last year with Kindle Self Publishing. Amazon had not upheld the author agreement in various ways. Firstly my books weren't listed on the website when first published and were therefore did not appear in the "released in last 30 days category" and were therefore unsearchable. This was explained away as a being due to a technical error that was supposedly being fixed. Then of the 8 months they have been published - royalties were only paid on 2-3 occasions. Though those titles are listed as bestselling on my author page. And despite the fact that one had been consistently rated in the top 2000. And despite a graph indicating continuity in paid sales whereby they offered an inadequate explanation for this discrepancy.

Furthermore, they have uploaded the incorrect manuscripts on the product page despite proof that I provided the correct one. They attempted to explain this away as being due to formatting issues when the format on any of my books has not changed in the last year (on any of the books - including the most recent one where limited royalties have been paid) and despite the fact that they have a review process which could flag this up before it ever reached publication stage. Yet no mention was made of such issues in the last year of all the books being published. Further to this they stopped ranking the book so that the ranking would no longer affect the paid sales I am owed. Lastly, on several occasions they also changed the prices of my book without my consent and then tried to lie about this by saying it was due to currency changes despite the fact that the screenshot I sent showed the website as being Amazon.com and the books were listed in dollars.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Have purchased a few products from Amazon, NOT ONCE have they delivered on time, even when they charge you an arm and a leg for overnight, the F-UP. Going back to the retail store, at least when they lie to me, they lie to my face.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I will never order from Amazon ever again. I signed up for fulfillment by Amazon thinking I could use it to sell my used books with the shipping/packing on their end. Nothing in the signup process said there are books requiring special permission to sell. I paid the $39.99 online to register for FBA, Amazon charged me $39.99 twice. Amazon said I could not be refunded their overcharge until 13 days later when I called their customer service. Their customer service reps emailed me saying I would get refund in 3-5 days. When trying to list my used books to sell (some of which are $30-60 out of print books from 2003-2008) their seller central site said I did not have authorization to sell my used books (which have been in a closet since I bought them at used book stores).

The site also would not let me list items for FBA making them only fulfilled by seller, worse after trying to make listings my account showed no item listings for sale. I called customer service several times to close my seller account since I never received the FBA service that was promised. Customer service kept making excuses not to close account saying my refund would take 90 days, and they kept saying different dates of 3-5 days to 13-14 days for an electronic refund. I told them to close the seller account and that I will not sell on their site due to these problems. They said over the phone the seller account is closed. However they have not sent an email verifying that and I am getting emails from Amazon saying that the items I could not list have now sold and that I should ship them.

I am not selling or shipping any items or accepting money for items sold due to Amazon's customer service saying my account is closed and not to log into it anymore. In the meantime I have been working with my bank to freeze my account and file a dispute. This nightmare has been with Seller Support through the Amazon Catalog team.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Just recently had an order delivered from Amazon by their new Amazon service and the deliverer decided instead of leaving it at my door, they decided to leave it at another location the driver thought was a "safe place" as in according to Amazon's delivery supervisor because of recent packages being stolen. Not only did I not get my package but I had to go walk down to the "safe place" to find out it wasn't there either. This would have never happened if Amazon just stuck with the USPS or UPS.

Original review: April 13, 2018

While Amazon's new Subscribe and Save program looks enticing and could save you money it is far from easy to use. It took me hours to scroll through and find eligible products even though they supposedly offer a specific subscribe and save search engine. And also wanting different baby foods each month was a ton of time to figure out how to set it up that way. It often will not let you add to your order even though it tells you you can and even if you're before the date they list as the last day to modify or add to the order it will just start a new subscription which then of course makes you order at least 5 products again to get the maximum discount even though you may have already met that requirement in the order you created.

I've had an entire months subscription order disappear with no explanation as to why and no notification from Amazon to me that it was canceled or changed. I have called customer service more than 7 times with issues listed above and more and have not received any solution to the problems and even when it created the new order causing me to miss the discount I should have been receiving and for products to be delivered a week or more after the order I had expected to receive all they could do was tell me they didn't know why it happened, couldn't fix it, and their solution was to offer me a $20 gift card which is worth far less than the savings that I would have received on the order.

So if you're looking to save money and streamline your errands as a busy new mom subscribe and save seems like it COULD be a good way to do that but after a closer look it's simply a big hassle and isn't reliable. Also they tell you it will be billed on the date you've selected for shipping which is not true. They ship at will any time within a week before or after your selected shipping date so if you're budget billing beware. Simply put I'm irritated and don't have what I need for my son... Subscribe and save... Not worth it.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I purchased a BRAND NEW comforter, it was sent like someone else returned it completer with bugs, which I will upload pics! I started from 9:30 am to get help by 2 pm. I gave up reps hung up or got nasty, there is a language barrier for sure, they get mad when you ask for an American speaking person or supervisor so they hang up - AMAZON is nothing but taking your money and selling garbage! They treat customers like garbage as well! They don't even care to explain why an item was sent in this fashion? The comforter had cat hair all over it. You can see it before it was even unpackaged??? Look at the photos. It's bugs. My house is spotless, Amazon you are disgusting to send a paying customer a comforter in this manner especially when it was almost 100 dollars! Never again Amazon and your customer service, is a joke, I will be getting rid of my Amazon credit card and the account.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I don't know what happened to Amazon but they lost my business for sure. I purchased a Kreg router table top for my boyfriend using his card on my Amazon Prime Account. Got a confirmation saying everything went through. Then 2 days later, the day we were supposed to receive the table, I get an Email. "We are sorry but your payment didn't go through." What???? So I call and the lady says the payment in the amount of $________ wouldn't go through. I said, "Hold on. It was only supposed to be $________." "Oh we charged the card this amount too for your Amazon music subscription."

I was furious for one I had just signed up for that two weeks prior with my card, and it specifically said 3 month Free trial. After that you are charged the monthly fee. The lady on the phone said, "I will give you $10 Amazon credit, you can use next time you shop." It was a nice gesture but I still wasn't happy. When I went to use the credit it was hard to even find anything to use it on.

Three days later we finally got the table from Amazon. Reluctant to use Amazon again, my boyfriend wanted a set of Dado blades be and they were cheapest on Amazon. We again used his card and ordered the new set of blades. We received them three days later. First thing we noticed was the blades were already used. On top of that the product was poorly made and chewed the wood up. I started the return process and mailed the blade off. It took Amazon 16 days to process the return. That is totally unacceptable. On top of that they told me my return amount would be $126.04 and my refunded amount was $63.01. After calling and getting nowhere I cancelled my account and am done with them. I guess the more they grew the worse they became.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Computer monitor ordered on a Friday with a stated delivery date the next day, Saturday. No delivery. Told the delivery would be Monday. No delivery. Told the delivery would be Wednesday. No delivery--for the third time. When I elected the option to cancel, I was told that I couldn't cancel and that I would be advised when my order shipped and when I would receive it. I relied upon the date that AMAZON gave me, i.e., it was not a date that I had any part in selecting, and that date/information as given by Amazon was wrong 3 times. It's absolutely absurd that they should not allow an unconditional cancellation when they gave me an incorrect date THREE TIMES and STILL cannot give me a date (based upon my experience so far, why would I believe them even if they DID give me a new date).

So, as a result of Amazon's failure to deliver as promised, the customer--if he chooses to buy the product elsewhere--is placed in the position of having to deal with the nuisance of not accepting the product if it's subsequently delivered, and hoping that the cost is promptly credited to his account as the charge is assessed at the time of shipment. This is unreasonable and awful customer service. Who would buy a product from a seller if the seller was unable to give a date of delivery which could be relied upon by the buyer? Had I not been mislead by Amazon's information, I simply would have bought the monitor from Best Buy, Fry's, or from the manufacturer of the monitor on its own site. Sure glad I'm an Amazon Prime member. And, from here on out, Amazon will NOT be my 'default retailer'.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Order did not reach and I was in tension since my daughter exam book order was placed but not delivered since 20 days now. But it is very difficult to contact customer service and customer service is useless and without answering the query they will leave the chat half away and disconnect. Pratima and Ammanna both could not answer my query and there is none responsible for our order. They take money but not bothered whether we receive order or not.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I like shopping on Amazon just fine, long as the packages are not delivered by AMZL_US, which is Amazon's own delivery service. AMZL_US is really lousy. It lost my packages quite a few times now. And they keep delivering our neighbor's package to us, no matter how many time we've corrected them (despite the obvious door sign) and made official complaints to Amazon. Sometimes, because of the package losses, the 2 day shipping end up becoming 2 week shipping because of replacement. AMZL_US is really jeopardizing Amazon's overall quality, yet there doesn't seem to be any improvement.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I returned an antivirus that I didn’t end up using. Brand new, untouched, and in a timely manner. I was told the restocking fee was noted on this item so instead of $20 I got a dollar back. I told her the time of sale it was not clear the restocking fee if the item was untouched and brand new. I didn’t want to waste my life arguing and just told her I would never purchase again from a company with so sneaky ways to keep your money and the item you return. How is this even legal? And there’s still people who play their game and buy Amazon. A lot of time on their hands I guess. Never again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have been a loyal and happy Amazon Prime customer for years. Fast shipping used to make the fee for Prime worth it. Not anymore. In the past year, I've had "guaranteed shipping dates" moved to days later. Or it is "out for delivery" the whole day only to be changed to "undeliverable" until the next day. Several times "undeliverable" meant that the guy who was delivering to my neighborhood got tired and lazy and called it a day. Never due to any weather-related or signature needed type of issue. When you call "customer service" they are completely unhelpful. Sympathetic yes, but unhelpful. I have tried to be understanding and patient, but this is just happening too many times to be reliable and I can't justify paying for the service anymore. Ending my business with them today.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I bought a Amazon Fire Tablet from Amazon for my disabled brother. While I was setting it up, I have to put in his debit card number. I called Amazon to make sure they would not charge him for Amazon Prime as he is on a fixed income and cannot afford it. They said they would not charge him. Today they charged him $104 for Amazon Prime and refunded it but it will not go back to him for 10-14 business days. He has no money to eat until then. They said they were wrong to charge him without his permission and would give him $5 compensation. I am mad. They will not help us any further.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Amazon drivers lazy and worthless! I live at an apartment community that doesn't accept packages and have several items of mine left by the mailboxes which is are exterior where someone could steal them and only got them because of honest people that live there. It frustrates me that I pay for items to be shipped and DELIVERED to me and the delivered is not being done. I understand most communities take them but if one doesn't you should be bringing them to the doors. I will not waste my money on Amazon anymore as there is no guarantee I will get what I paid for!

Original review: April 10, 2018

So I placed an order with PF Chang’s through Amazon Prime Now and when my delivery lady got here she called so I headed downstairs. By the time the two minutes that it took me to get downstairs I get a text that she canceled — I called customer service and they promised me a new meal free of charge because I told them I was going to write a bad review online. — An hour later same lady shows up that left me before with the same meal all soggy and not very warm and this morning I checked my bank account and they charged me for it. I filed a complaint with my bank of course but I won’t have those funds for up to 10 days! It’s like are you trying to pull on on me?? Because I fight back!! So much effort!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have been an Amazon customer for many years, and have had no major issues until now. I went to their site this morning in order to make a payment. I had a problem signing in, and it took me quite awhile to get to the site. I was very careful to choose the correct spot to select the payment amount. However, when the site confirmed the amount, it chose the whole balance instead of the payment I selected. When I tried to cancel the payment, it informed me that I would have to contact the service center, which I immediately did. I explained the situation, and was told it could not be canceled on their end, and I would have to contact my bank.

When I called the bank, I was told that a debit card transaction could not be canceled, and I would have to wait for it to clear and I would then have to call the company to reimburse my money. I was also told that the company could call, fax, or write them with the info, and they could then help me. Of course, Amazon/Chase refused. (I talked to about SIX people there, many of whom I had trouble understanding). I then asked for a supervisor. I was transferred to a U.S. rep with whom I could more easily understand. He said he would send me a letter, but it would probably not get to me in time to help. I cannot understand why there are no safeguards on situations like this. It causes me pause when I use my debit card. This could have been my other Amazon card where my balance is HIGH. I could have been left with little money to pay more bills or even groceries. This almost makes me want to go back to checks.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Having call centers in foreign countries has ruined Amazon’s customer service. I have had to spend hours on the phone to try to solve something and nothing gets done. I get passed around to several people & have even been hanged up on. Amazon is not standing by promises even though I have written emails to prove my position. I have used Amazon for a long time & place a lot of orders & I can’t stand dealing with their customer service overseas any longer.

Amazon.com Company Information