1.60/5
Based on 1,457 ratings submitted in the last year
Are you this business? Claim your page

5225 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

It start 3 Tuesdays ago with the attempted purchase of a e-gift card Amazon sells online. This was to a good friend in Jamaica who need to purchase loss items stolen during a bus ride home one night. Amazon claims it will take 11 hrs to clear a 1k egift card to clear with their security, it more than 50 hrs before security. Called and then rudely hung up in middle of conversation. Customer service, security and the executive customer service line all go by first name, no ticket numbers are issued. Because it took over 50 hrs, I had to reorder the same card, to my surprise the process to clear a egift card started again. This time it took approximately 40 plus, but this time credit card company said the process to purchase took too long so they block it as fraudulent and another reorder had to been which the security check Amazon to start all over again. Mind you that we are now 1 week and a half into this attempted order.

Everyone at Amazon is always sorry and they express that fact but the items to get purchases was strictly business related to replace stolen items. We were both on vacation and had plans for Atlantic City and Las Vegas but those plan was a financial loss due Amazon inability to process multiple attempts of an order. We decide to purchase the items directly from his Amazon account but this process overnighted by directed Amazon executives has still not successfully delivered the items purchased to friend in Jamaica. We emailed Mr. Bezos directed but financially a company that makes billions of dollars each year could compensate approximately 240.00 and even with 3 executives involved we still dont have the ordered items. Loss of personal vacation time, flight and hotel cost eaten and the personal ability for my Jamaican friend to come to USA to experience and enjoy time shopping, dining, entertainment and relaxing.

Amazon in my eyes have completely wrecked this whole vacation and still no delivery. Last emailed we received was go or call UPS to find out why Jamaica customs is still hold the items. Customs fee was paid at time of purchase through Amazon. Amazon first told us that DHL was used to ship the items quickly but we found 3 days later it was UPS which was extremely slower and they required a purchase order which should have been with the delivery. Friend in Jamaica had to fax this order purchase list that clearly showed custom fees was paid. Amazon is now as I see washed their hands of the entire process and are not even engaging on any level.

I personally shipped items purchased in Las Vegas to Jamaica via FedEx without this much hard ache. Our stress level and personal financial loss is great to say the least and Amazon can only come up with 240.00 dollars. What they should do is pay for a complete vacation plan as adequate compensation but with their greed being so high they can afford from the billions they make each year. What a very sad state of affairs!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I make an order and it is shipped via their in house Amazon delivery service. They deliver it to some other house and send me a picture of my package in front of someone else's garage door. I chat with customer service and they say that they contacted the delivery service and they realized that they delivered to the wrong house and they have the package. He then promises that it will be delivered before the end of day... Yes, no package. I get in touch with customer service again only to be transferred to 3 different people and they finally said that they would have to research this and it will take at least 3 business days. Totally ridiculous. I needed this shipment for a project that I planned for this weekend and now they are jerking me around.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I NEVER shop on Amazon strictly due to the fact that I have witnessed unpleasant experiences through family members. I also just personally prefer to shop in person. Realized on my bank statement that I had been getting charged $7.00 a month for the past six months for an amazon prime subscription?! Called and was on the phone for 2 hours. I told them they could check my history and see that I never even shop through them so there is no reason for me to even have set up a subscription. The prime was set under my card but another email and phone number. They refused to refund me and couldn’t send me the information or an email where I could contact someone else about the issue since the email was under someone else. I had them remove my card, still wasn’t offered a refund. I am furious. Will never EVER shop through their website again. Horrible customer service.

Original review: March 22, 2019

It's March 2019, I bought a replacement lamp for my DLP television in May 2018. I bought it as a emergency replacement in case my lamp burnt out. My lamp just burnt out, I opened the new lamp box and I had ordered the wrong lamp. I called Amazon and they approved the return. These lamps cannot be guaranteed, but they still approved the return since it was unused. You can't get better customer service than that.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Amazon has been deducting $8.43 for 12 weeks for a subscription, I never ordered & know nothing about. When I questioned a Corporate Rep named Amber as to what is a "Diamond Membership"? She stated, there was no such thing, & denied it existed. I informed her, I printed all 12 payments from my Amazon account & it states payment for Diamond Membership & my Bank also has the same withdrawals, to Amazon. I advised her, I have filed complaints with the BBB, Maine State AG Office, Consumer Protection & Local Police Department, as this was required by my Bank. I also told her, I knew that Amazon would delete all the information concerning the payments, now that they now, they have been caught.

Well it took less than 2 hours for that to happen in my account. Now, does a innocent honest business do this, no, but a guilty thief, who has been caught does... try to cover their tracks. Sorry, I am one step ahead of you. They tried to blame my Apple iPhone, my 7 year old grandson, my dog etc... Stealing from the elderly disabled, how disgusting is this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 21, 2019

Where does one go to vent about a bad vendor experience on Amazon when Amazon deflects any reviews that aren't positive? The same thing happened to my boss. For me, it was a complete FAIL on the vendor's part when I ordered reading glasses that came to me in the wrong size. Fine - return them - no problem. However, this vendor has a strict No Returns policy that apparently also extends to when they send the wrong item. When I tried to submit a review on Amazon, they told me it violated their policy. They're going to collapse under their own weight if they keep treating customers badly. It's funny - four of my friends who were once Prime members have decided that the numerous bad experiences and the wasted time and effort in trying to resolve problems it not worth the hassle. I never thought I would say this, but WalMart is better.

Original review: March 21, 2019

A few weeks ago I ordered some cotton tops. They sent me some cheap nylon tops instead. At least return was easy. A few days ago I ordered a leave in hair conditioner. Instead of the original one they sent me the much cheaper imitation, admitting even in the shipping confirmation that I was getting the fake product. I contacted Amazon and according to their site the product cannot be returned because it is flammable. Are they selling a dangerous hair product? Can they overcharge me without consequences? Are they allowed to ship flammable products, and I am not? This feels like a real fraud to me.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Delivery agent in his own private vehicle damaged my driveway and ran off into a drainage ditch. One would question is sobriety. The following attempt a for reimbursement for the 355.00 proved to be deliberately evasive. It's the way you become the richest man in the world...

Original review: March 20, 2019

Their seller sent a similar product, but clearly not the product I ordered. I cannot use them or return them. I sent a review of the seller to Amazon and they told me they would not consider it. Meanwhile they have not contacted me about the money they happily took for a product I did not want. How can a company not even try to remedy the situation??? Be careful what you buy because apparently they can keep your money for non-returnable items (like 9 boxes of the wrong Band Aids), even if it wasn't the kind you ordered.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I preordered a Samsung s10+ off amazon on the 3rd of March 2019. Unfortunately, I used my partners credit card instead of mine so my account was locked and the order put on hold. I responded to the first email, which requested that I log in to my account to upload a billing statement with an email stating I can't log into my account because it's been locked and the billing address anyway won't match because it's my partners card, so please cancel the order and unlock my account again. 24 hours later I received the same generic email with a fax number, to which I responded but received no reply.

On 5 March, after struggling to find a generic Amazon number (they like it when you log in and request they give you a call back, takes about a minute, but my account was locked so I couldnt access this), I was told I needed to provide that information. I INSTANTLY told the lady in question that there was no way I was verifying that card. 1. I literally can't and 2. If I could I'm worried they'll take the money out of the account and ship me a product I dont want, the lady said that she'd put the request through and it would be dealt with within 24 hours.

I followed up on the 18th with my account still locked and not having received any email, to speak to a woman who wanted to do the same thing. After demanding to speak to a supervisor as I stated my problem hadnt been resolved within the two weeks, I had to wait 3 1/2 hours for a call back as no supervisors were available. After the wait, the supervisor did the exact same thing and once again tried to tell me that I had to verify the card to receive the order and it took 10 minutes to explain to her that I already bought the phone I want, to cancel the order and regain access to my Amazon account for my Kindle. She did the exact same thing as the last person, promising me an email within 24 hours. The email I received within 24 hours was the generic 'log into your account and verify your card using our secure portal', which again I havent had access to because the account is locked.

I called back AGAIN yesterday to follow up, for a woman off the bat to try to convince me to verify the card and supposedly sent the request off, resulting in another generic email. If any small company tried this I'm pretty sure it would just be universally known as a scam company. For such a large company the customer service is a joke, and I wish that I never tried to buy anything. Never using Amazon to purchase any items again, and if this issue isnt fixed soon I'll be keeping my Kindle app for the books I already own and stop purchasing things through there. This is the worst experience I have ever had, DONT USE AMAZON! It is the biggest rip off, time waster and most stressful shopping experience I have ever had with staff that either have an inability or lack the capacity to actually provide customer support. I am literally telling everyone I meet about this.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Many sellers shows 100% on their reviews but reviews have nothing to do with what's bean sold, if seller gets too many complaints about on item they are allowed to start a new page with same item and you can't exchange the broken item or give any review. Most of the time your reviews will not be posted if you did not say good things about them. Some China sellers shows the amount you paid much much lower than what you paid for to customs and shows you as an importer yet I just ordered from Amazon. Let me make it simple. They sure do play dirty yet they did not even pay any taxes this year. I just don't understand the mechanics of this.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Would put rating 0 if I could. Collected my parcel at an AMAZON locker collection point. The parcel was small, damaged, unsealed and stickers were not stick properly. Opened the parcel and found a lovely HDMI cable inside instead of the phone. Contacted Amazon client service which were happy to have delivered the right item in the right place... Thank you for the quality of the service! Had to filed a report to the police station who noticed that the IMEI number is not even appearing on the Amazon invoice! That's really Helpful! Also to mention that the parcel drop off was delayed by 2 days.

Further I bought this phone with an Amazon gift card provided by Amazon. I got the gift card as a refund for the previous IPHONE XS (battery issue) I bought with them few weeks ago. A refund of the full value on my bank account was not possible. After all these events, I just think that Amazon should have sent me back a new item directly as a fair and professional customer service would do. Instead I have to wait their investigation.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had ordered an item from Amazon, and was tracking it all day. At around five, still seeing it as out for delivery, I stepped outside to get some air. I found a paper on the ground, saying “sorry we missed you...” from UPS. I never got door knock or a doorbell ring. Both my front windows were open and no TVs were on, and I wasn’t the only one home. So if they tried, it would have been noticed. Now I’m told to pick it up from the Ups location. So what was the point of me ordering it? Definitely won’t be buying anything if I see UPS will be delivering it.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought seeds in the past from Amazon. They came from places overseas, weren't properly labelled and wouldn't germinate. This last time ordering, I looked up the company's info and they claimed a U.S. address and superior customer service so I ordered from them. I only got part of the order. 2 packets came from the Philippines and 1 from Cambodia but arrived well past the specified date. These are tiny plastic mailing envelopes which are mislabeled on the packet stating that they are either beads, toys, or tea. They have an additional statement on the front label that the addressee claims the safety of the product.

Inside are minuscule plastic bags with seeds that don't have pictures, dates, or growing information. Sometimes, they include a tiny narrow strip of paper with a picture of a flower and a comment about giving them a 5 star rating on the Amazon site. Seed packets are supposed to contain a picture of the item, an expiration or harvest date (or use by date), and growing instructions. If you contact the vendor they either try to con you into a 50% refund or they get abusive. I encourage customers to seek out reputable companies like Sow True Seeds that tell you how to test if seeds are viable.

I have done extensive research on this method and find it to be true. I try to germinate seeds using various methods: by starting them between wet paper towels, or soaking overnight and then planting, or planting directly into soil appropriate for the plant. The "floaters" will NOT germinate under any circumstance, whereas the good seed germinates under all conditions mentioned above. I have contacted the company directly and they will not address the issue of a refund but instead claimed I am defrauding them by trying to get something free- this is not the case. I am honest with my ratings and provide rationale for the rating and pictures (a picture doesn't lie). I make every effort to determine any problems with my technique as I consult with numerous other sources (on plant characteristics, needs, preparation, etc.).

I am still waiting for a refund. Some of these seed packets sold for $6. Another caution, if you give these vendors an unsatisfactory rating, they often change their name and continue to do business as before. A reputable seed company will test their seed prior to packaging and shipping. Some even go the extra step of disinfecting their seed so there is less risk of mold infestation or plant diseases which ensures you have a healthy crop.

To test for viable seeds: Place seeds in a container of water (don't need a whole lot of water, just enough to see which seeds float and which ones drop to the bottom). The floaters at the surface are non-viable seed. The seeds that drop to the bottom are good. Skim off the bad seed from the surface and separate. Pour the water and "good" seed into a sieve to drain. Either allow seeds to dry before storing or plant according to instructions. An additional note: do not store seeds in plastic as any bit of moisture will cause mold and destroy your seed. I use small paper coin envelopes to store mine.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Wanted to write an email to express my frustrations and outrageous customer service experiences I have had since March 7, 2019. You will notice 2 order numbers above. The first one ending in 7029 was a DJI Mavic air drone I ordered on March 7 with a 3-5 day delivery window. I should have received it March 10 or March 12. The shipment never shipped until March 11, this is the beginning of the serious issues and many lies from your customer service agents. I was then told I would receive it Wednesday March 13, then Friday March 15 then lo and behold Monday March 18. I pay for a Prime membership for a reason. I have received excellent delivery service and never have had any issues.

Typically if there is an issue I am contacted and it is resolved. This time no contact. Just lie after lie after lie. Yes I was given some credits, but not enough to fix the problem. Amazon ruined a wedding, great job. I was supposed to be doing a video of the wedding and reception with this drone. I ordered it within plenty of time to receive it even with the weather delays. One of you agents Shavon told she spoke to a supervisor and UPS found the shipment and would delivery it Saturday morning. She stated the system would be updated to reflect this. This never happened and yet again it was another lie. I was on the phone most of the day March 15 trying to get this resolved. I finally canceled the order and ordered the second order above in artic white because it showed 2 day guaranteed Prime shipping arriving Sunday March 17 which means it's in a fulfillment center closer to my home.

Still not in time for the wedding but maybe for the reception. I contacted customer service yet again stating it doesn't show shipped and they guaranteed it would be here. At this point I do not believe anyone at Amazon and I can assure you I plan on letting everyone I know about this experience. I am a VP in logistics and know the shipping process very well. When I contacted an old colleague at UPS he informed me I would never have received the first order on Monday March 18. The truck was stuck in a snow storm and would not depart until sometime Monday which means this shipment would not have arrived until sometime next week.

Shavon should be fired for a blatant lie. I also asked management to credit my Amazon credit card with the $60 so I could still get the promotional deal and they said they couldn't and gave me another gift card. This is unacceptable. It's just another way to get me to spend money. I wanted what I originally had in the original order. At this point I have no idea if I will receive the second order ending in 7849 and it ended up costing me more to purchase. I am beyond angry, disappointed and frustrated. I have never received such poor customer service in all my life. Let's see what lies and response someone comes up with now if at all. Thank you, loyal Prime member who orders a create deal.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I am pretty much housebound and shopping at Amazon.com has been a lifesaver. They seem to have everything I'm looking for and get it to me in two or three days. Very pleased with them. (My closest connection with them is subscribing to The Washington Post... Jeff Bezos owns it and Amazon.)

Original review: March 16, 2019

I've been a customer of Amazon since Amazon first opened. I've been an Amazon Prime member for many many years. I used to love Amazon but recently their customer service has become very very bad. I have tried contacting them on various items that were defective that I bought on Prime with an Amazon Prime Visa card. Customer service is been so rude. I have not gotten anything accomplished and it seems like over the last couple months Amazon has just become a waste of my money. The customer service agents no longer seem to care. They no longer seem to want to help and they told me today not to contact them again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

On an older account with Amazon that we purchased a software subscription download, Amazon is telling me the name on my account does not match what they have in the system even though they have sent me emails with this name on the account. The only way they can help me is if I have the same name that they have. They will not help me unless the name only matches. Very poor way of verifying the account. A company of this size should have several ways of verification not just one. STUPID!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Amazon agent gave instructions to purchase item and assured me they'll refund the shipping. A different agent later refused to refund me because those instructions were wrong. It was their mistake, but I paid the cost.

Original review: March 14, 2019

In the past 10 days, Amazon has misdelivered. It lost 6 out of 9 packages. The switch to Amazon Logistics is a nightmare. They offered an extension to my Prime membership as compensation which would only prolong the agony.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have been locked out of my account since February 21st (It is now March 13th), for the reason that Amazon could not verify the info on my credit card, or contact my card issuer. I have sent Amazon their information, and then when requested, I sent them a fax of my bank statement with both my address and the account number on it. I sent this fax twice. The first fax was sent on February 27. I called 24hrs after I sent this one and asked if they received the fax, and was told that yes, account specialists had my fax, and that an account specialist would be contacting me within 48 hours. I received no further contact and so I called back three days later, and was told they never received my fax, and that I would have to send another one.

I sent the second fax on March 5. I called after I sent that one, and was told that account specialists had my information and would be contacting me within 48 hours. Again. No further contact for several days. I called on Monday (March 11th), and was told by the representative that he had sent the information up, spoken with a supervisor, and that account services would be calling me that exact afternoon within the time range I specified, due to having classes midafternoon. I never received this callback.

I called again yesterday (March 12th), and was told my email was not connected to an account. They were able to find the account through my phone number, and by pulling it up that way found that the email on the account had reverted back to an old email I had switched from, sometime around June of last year. I was also told that my account was disabled. I asked if I could speak to account services directly, since I had yet to hear from anyone, and the representative told me they would only contact me through an email that they would send later on.

Over this entire time, there have been at least 3-4 representatives that said they would follow up with me later on to see if I had been contacted by account services/if my issue had been resolved, but I haven't heard from anyone at all. I've received no phone calls, and the only emails I have received have been ones sent while I am on the phone with representatives, reiterating that account services needs my billing and account info.

At this point I would say screw it, forget this account and make a new one because I have never had an issue using my debit card on the account before, however, I have a little over $200 in gift card balance on this account and would like it back. In addition to this, I am afraid that since I had signed up for the Prime student free trial (which was canceled due to being "unable to bill at a later date without a valid card"), that I will be unable to get this same deal on another account due to having already entered my student info on this account.

Another thing that I'm concerned about, is that the account will get fixed at a later time and the order I had placed the day my account was shut down will go through. I've been told all of the orders were canceled, but the week following my account being frozen, I received all of the smaller items on the order I placed, the only item missing being the iPad pro from the same order. (Which, I have decided even if we do get this sorted out that I will be ordering from Apple directly, instead of through Amazon, even though it was several dollars cheaper to order through Amazon. The only reason I have not gone ahead and bought it from Apple is that again, I am worried about my Amazon order suddenly going through in some freak happenstance.)

I've always heard Amazon customer service was very excellent, and while everyone I've interacted with has been very pleasant and friendly, I have zero confidence in getting my account fixed or receiving my gift card money back at this point.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Would give zero stars if possible. Jan 31st there were two fraudulent charges for "gifted" Amazon Prime purchases that showed up on my account...paid for by my Chase Amazon card. I immediately called Chase and they said the charges had not been paid yet. They stopped the charges from going thru due to their fraud protection guarantee. I was issued a new card. Chase contacted Amazon and they were instructed to reverse the charges. Days later whilst on vacation I was notified that I needed to pay over $200 for the items purchased fraudulently or my account would be closed. I have contacted both Chase and Amazon 5 times in the last month and a half to make them understand that I am not responsible.

Chase has always protected my interests but they say that Amazon does not allow them to advocate for me or be on the phone to help explain the situation. So I get transferred (5 times already) to Amazon for an excruciatingly painful recap of the events only to be told that they can't do anything until I pay the charges... You know the ones the crook made after they stole my credit card info from the Amazon site. I know this because the card is used exclusively on the Amazon platform. So much for their security.

Anyway because I refuse to pay over $200 for 2 Prime gift memberships... They have closed my Amazon account. This account is my business account and is connected to my seller central, brand registry, and transparency business accounts as well as my personal Amazon buyer account. So my business is affected. 5 detailed calls and several HOURS of my time wasted and I was told again today that they will review my problem and get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. 45 days I have been fighting with them. Sadly, I hold out no hope for resolution. You never get to a decision maker. They have no contact, emails or even the name of a supervisor. Only first names and last initial is provided by any representative spoken to and NO ONE IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING! The right hand not only doesn't know what the left is doing...the left hand is actually a "bot" that isn't even human.

If Amazon is reflective of the future, we are heading toward a dark time where robots answer questions you haven't asked and real live customer service is a thing of the past. For all who love Amazon...buckle up buttercup because that day delivery you love so much is going to be the beginning of the end of business as we have always known it. No accountability... Profits are the only thing that matters to Mr Bezos.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had ordered a few products off of Amazon.com and had ordered these specific items since they are edible for same day shipping through Amazon Prime. I had received notification that the items are on their way in the afternoon and I would be receiving them by 9 pm. At 7:51 pm I noticed in their app that their delivery person was at my apartment complex. At 7:52 pm I received a message that said that an attempt was made and that the business was closed. I had provided my intercom call # that they would enter for me to allow them to enter the building, I received no such call from the intercom. As a consumer, this makes me feel that no attempt was made at all and makes Same Day Delivery pointless.

At 7:57 pm I call Amazon and explained my situation, the person on the line seemed as baffled as I am since my delivery window shows that they would deliver by 9 pm and was told the driver is still on the road and still in the area and would be heading back. I wait 20 minutes, I decided that 20 min was ample time for them to turn around and retry to do their job; delivery of a package. I call the call center again and explained my situation, I was put on hold for quite some time. I was eventually told that they would not be reattempting tonight and that another driver would attempt again at a later date.

I did not even care about the product that much, it was the principle of it. If I chose same day delivery and provided all the information for the driver to do their job correctly, I should receive it the VERY SAME DAY. I ask for a refund since I would not be home to receive the package any other day this week and there have been many thefts in the building lately regarding packages left at the door. They allowed me to cancel the order and give me a partial refund on my Amazon Prime account fee, roughly $11... This review is on AMAZON PRIME DELIVERY only; Amazon did the right thing, but their delivery department definitely needs retraining with an emphasis on customer service and hire honest drivers.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I was kicked off Amazon for no good reason. I have been a customer for years. My credit is perfect. It all started when I was notified that someone had access to my Amazon account. Thinking back, it was probably a scam. I decided to change my credit card and somewhere in doing so, Amazon decided they didn't want me for a customer any longer. It seemed the harder I fought to stay on as a customer the more they said "No". I have been without Amazon for several days now and I've found that life goes on and I'm spending less money. My gain is their loss.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have been an Amazon Prime member for about 10 years. I order on average once/week from them and have ALWAYS had the option to see 2 day delivery whether with one click or adding to cart. Just this week I noticed a change. Now they are stating, no matter where buying direct from Amazon or one of their affiliates, they are giving a 5 day window. With Prime, you are guaranteed 2 day delivery or you use to be. Now that this has changed, why are we spending $119.00/year to be a Prime member with expedited shipping? I called and spoke to 2 people who just could not get that the options have changed and now Amazon is protecting itself and giving a 5 day window. This is total BULL. I will definitely be rethinking my Prime membership. Really a good thing as you can find items that are on Amazon so much cheaper on other reputable sites.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered flowers for my best friend’s birthday. I got a confirmation email that they would arrive on the right date. The night before I get an email that mentions that they will arrive on a different date. I contact customer service and they are TERRIBLE, the first person I chatted with advised me to cancel my order and reorder. Then he dropped my chat and I was redirected to someone else who didn’t not speak English very well and was clearly having a hard time typing because it would take about 10 minutes for each response.

After explaining my situation AGAIN this person eventually gave up and dropped off the chat. The third person offered an apology which was nice but not very helpful. She “looked into it” and apparently the flowers got shipped to the wrong facility so they had to get shipped back to the right facility and then delivered to my friend. So the flowers are being shipped for days, then delivered late and I expect them to be delivered in a very sad state and in the meantime it’s too late to get my friend anything on her actual birthday. They offered a $5 coupon. Sad compensation for the money I spent on flowers that will not be delivered when I ordered them and will probably be looking very bad after being shipped around. Amazon should not be offering flower delivery when they don’t or can’t control the delivery or quality.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a book off Amazon in January. The book had a fairly reasonable price but since I live in Africa I had to pay about triple the price of the book in expedited shipping to a company Amazon contracted - IMEXX. I was buying the book for a dear friend of mine whose birthday was a month away at the time and IMEXX promised the book would be delivered in about three weeks. Long story short, my friend's birthday has passed, I've been waiting for close to two months now and they keep sending me to customer support and they keeps advising me to wait while they address the issue. I don't know if Amazon's customer service is always this bad but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth. If you are in Africa I'd suggest you use AliExpress or GearBest.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I ordered a product and it was defective. The seller asked that I send the product back to them, which I did. They failed to send me a replacement so I called Amazon to complain and they said they would send me a replacement and deal with the seller. A month later (now) Amazon sends me an email saying I am being charged for this product - again - because they did not receive the return. I just spent 45 min with Amazon customer service, 4 different people, each asking for the order number and the details. They refuse to reverse the double charge. Luckily I used American Express so will be disputing my charges and cancelling my Prime account. I have email chain from seller showing the return was received. Amazon told me to get seller to send me a new item to send back to Amazon. WTF? Worst.

Original review: March 10, 2019

www.amazon/in/gp/product/B07NDT6PLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Whirlpool 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (Alloy, 1.0T 3DCOOL INVERTER 5S-W, White). Purchased the product on Amazon. Import date is Dec 2017. I ordered this on 8th of March. Delivered on 10th. As the date mentioned first available from 5 February 2019 considering this is 2019 product. As no questions and reviews were there in this product listing. Raised return request. Customer care called me thrice today and they were only keep saying sorry. They did not ready to accept return request. They are accepting the fact that they are selling old garbage products. But keep pointing to their policies. Never buy.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I ordered a preorder game for a friend as a gift and that game is due to release in a week and a half for preload. I go to review my order there a new release date for the preorder that stated I'll have to wait 7 months for it. I call customer service about the fact the date is wrong. They tell me that the release date is for the physical copy only and that Activision isn't doing digital copy till October which I know for a fact is a lie as already had purchased a digital copy for myself and it's already linked to my PlayStation account. Yet they completely marketing the digital code as a preorder and to be available when the game is released. I have since Canceled Order and repurchased it through Gamestop and had the code the same day not waiting 7 more months past the release date for it.

Amazon.com Company Information