Amazon.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had horrific experience shopping with Amazon as when I ordered a Intex PC speaker the box was already open. Thank God speaker was functional. Next time I ordered Intex keyboard mouse combo, the mouse was damaged and nonfunctional. I requested for replacement but they offered me refund with 10 percent tax deduction.

I use to enjoy Amazon until I realize that they edited my reviews. The reviews I submitted were nowhere near what I originally wrote. Now they won't let me post reviews at all! If one slips through it's not the original submission. It's as if my speech is not free speech. It's all Communism. I'm beginning to realize that 90% of Amazon reviews are bogus, edited lies for products they are trying to push or encourage.

When Amazon Prime first came out I signed up for a trial. I clearly canceled it through the appropriate links in my account. A month later I was billed for a service I didn't particularly care for. Amazon told me "I had not canceled it and that it was still active." Even though my screenshot that told me it was canceled was all too clear. When I went to look for the cancellation link; it was nowhere to be found. I find their billing practices somewhat unethical. With working retail I have learned through assisting customers that Amazon customer service is beyond horrible. The individual is educated, smart and talented with a future ahead of them but when it comes to the job they act like robots. The blame is placed on you and if the gift card is damaged/stolen, the money ends up going to whomever ends up using it first. You're out of luck.

Our $200 Alexa quit playing music and so I tried to reach customer support at Amazon. The experience was not customer enriching and was indicative of a monopoly. Foreign support and no resolution. If this was my, and most customers, first experience with Amazon support there is no way they would be the giant they are today. Be careful what companies we as a culture support. We need to hold mega companies accountable to a set of values that continues to enrich the lives of those they serve. If not, the big monopolies will have their way, make their $ and be on their way.

After changing my seller alert setting I received this text message... Orders $0.44, Product charges $0.00, Promo rebates -$3.45, Amazon fees $3.99, Other (shipping & gift wrap credits) Subtotal $0.98. So all these years selling used books on Amazon I did not know they were RIPPING ME OFF! SELLERS BEWARE!!! Amazon should be ashamed! I shut my account down immediately!

Be aware, Amazon locks your account and steal your money. There are no way to contact Amazon accounts except with fax and this they do not read as well. With every purchase, my account gets locked for some mysterious reason, and I have to deal with account "Specialist" submitting the same info over and over. They don't contact you even if customer service says they will. I am struggling for 3 weeks now, and find it hard to believe they exist as you only get robot responses. If you aren't purchasing from the US, think twice as they do not want to help you with this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Service has gone to hell. Last 6 Amazon orders never arrived in the 2 days that prime is and the ones haven't either. Why offer the extra service if they can't uphold it. Canceled prime. They lowered the price. I will still never get it again. Amazon is officially a pos company now that sell crap that's fake and crap from China and if you do get it if you get it it's always late.

I am a business owner and lost my job due to my package being delivered by Amazon Logistics. First, pkg showed delayed per clerk, then unable to located and then the sorry ** sent my package back to FC and didn't attempt to deliver. The ** didn't call as I was waiting for the pkg all day and received this horrible service. It was raining that day so he didn't want to get out of truck. Jeff, you are going down with your own delivery service. I have been ordering from Amazon 12 years and this is the first time I experienced such horrible service. Canceled Prime and rather deal with traffic and long lines before I ever deal with poor service.

I have been a Prime member with Amazon for more than 2 years now. With my Prime membership it allows me to purchase certain items and have them shipped to me in 2 days unless otherwise specified. I hadn't had any problems with Prime until about 6 months ago. In the past 6 months I have purchased numerous items that stated 2 day shipping. Then after placing my order the delivery date would change to a much later date.

When I would call Amazon to find out why it was not going to be delivered on the initial promised date they would blame the seller or the postal service, basically anyone but themselves. They refused to do anything or compensate me anything. I have been dealing with this same issue for 6 months now. I have canceled my Prime membership and will not ever renew it. All they want is the money. They do not care about customer satisfaction. I do not recommend anyone paying $100 per year for a Prime membership because chances are they will not hold up their end of the Prime membership deal.

I was looking for new running shoes and it so happened that my reliable shoe was offered by a "new seller" on Amazon for a super cheap price. Jody ** was the seller. They had other items at supremely cheap prices as well. I figured it was promotional as they were new. They were prices listed on Amazon - I never dreamt it could be a scam (it was). The products were shipped by a carrier CNUSKDS that does not exist.

The frightening thing is that the green bar showing the packages movement kept lengthening - I believe Amazon is in on it! No product arrived. I can apply for a refund, but I think Amazon ought to supply the products (many sources exist on Amazon) at the agreed to price. They accepted the seller onto their site, use false tracking info, and lie you into buying from them. There is no way to know they are a fraud beforehand. Does Amazon not vet their sellers?! The Jody ** storefront on Amazon is gone which tells me that Amazon had identified them and shut it down, yet the green marker kept progressing. Shame on you Amazon! You owe me three products I ordered on your platform! ** and ** neither arrived! Fraud Amazon! You know and do not care!

I really wish Amazon's Customer service wasn't going downhill. It's really making me contemplate closing down my Prime membership I have had for so many years. I was suppose to receive a refund on an item that was suppose to be delivered on a certain day but was late. Instead, they refunded me another item I did receive that was cheaper.

When I called I spent a long time on hold and was told they would just refund me the remaining amount but my account is still not correct, as it states the wrong item was returned. I told them I wanted the correct information on my account, not a fly by night solution to an issue. Not only did the remaining credit not show up on the account but it's still showing the wrong item. I'm told I need to call back to speak to someone else. Every agent I speak to is rude and sounds like they could really care less about being at work. What a headache over a 23 dollar credit. I've lost more working hours on this issue than what the credit is worth.

I've been purchasing a few items on Amazon consistently, and the main reason is because initially their prices were unbeatable and of course reasonable! Well, now I notice some of the same items that I purchased have went up, I'm seeing a lot of single items marked up. This is not what made Amazon popular. The idea that they would sucker you into business with appealing prices, thinking they've got you hooked and before it's all said and done you'll be paying just as much as if you walked in a store front, if not more considering there's tax on each item... Not happy about the inflation on prices.

I found out from a not-for-profit entity that had recently sent me a solicitation that they had acquired my name and address from Amazon.com. I called Amazon to ask them to stop selling my contact information. The customer service representative said she could only forward my "Inquiry" to another department. She would not give me a phone number for the other department. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she hung up on me. Beware, Amazon customers!

Disappointing experience with Amazon Prime! I ordered a product today overnight for an important reason and its coming a day late after they shipped the item out late. Customer service had no solution fix their error and put very little effort in to it.

I like the great products at low prices and friendly customer service. They have a very large selection of products. They also have great customer service with free shipping at low prices and always correct any problems. They ship immediately and they go out of their way to satisfy all customers. We buy sports cards for our business here in Montoursville, PA. We have found a large selection of sports cards at Amazon.com. We have also told our friends and family about the site and they agree it is AMAZING!

Amazon Prime, I love the personal side of being able to read reviews before buying and selecting the seller I buy from. Amazon has done some amazing things for our pockets. From start to finish, buying a product and selecting the product are fun. I love seeing all the different items I can buy from different people. I like everything about Amazon, they haven't ever let me down. Their customer service is great.

We have always had wonderful service with Amazon and haven't had any problems at all with any of our monthly purchases. Our family purchases from Amazon.com regularly with no issues and we always have expedient service. We are able to purchase our groceries, home good, as well as homeschooling supplies. I love that they have been around for a long time and are so reliable and offer such a wide variety of products. I also love using Amazon Prime and look forward to placing our orders each month with Amazon.

Amazon is easy to use. It is easy to find items that I want and easy to get it shipped directly to my door. In addition, Amazon offers good choices of so many different items. It is a surprise when I can't find what I want. One thing I dislike about them is that the price is not always competitive. It seems like the prices don't always reflect what the real world is selling the item at. Overall, my experience with Amazon has been good. The selection and price for the most part is very good. Being able to return items is very easy and simple. Also customer service is great. Any issues that I have had have been resolved fast.

I like the colors, the legitimate looking website of Amazon and that there are recommendations based on my purchases and they aren't shoved in my face. Plus, there are various sellers who sell things at a cheaper price. I also like that there is a step by step purchasing process so I don't misclick something and accidentally order the item, a confirmation on what items I would be buying, a receipt for my purchases and I can change my order within a given amount of time.

The cart is accessible at any point when I'm done with shopping and there are categories and a search bar to search for anything I need. But sometimes deliveries are later than expected. I don't like that I can't see the taxes I would be paying and some of the prices don't show up for the specific items but it's really the seller’s and not Amazon's fault. The free shipping is a bit confusing, it doesn't show on one page and I don't know if the purchase for a different address is counted toward the free shipping requirements.

Amazon.com has a wide selection of items from everywhere. So many items that I can't find anywhere else and it's nice to find them. A lot of people use it every day. Pages load very fast. Prices can't be beat on certain items and are so reasonable. They also have fast delivery and I enjoy some of the suggestions of what others looked at. However, the site can be confusing. I click on an item and see 7. I don't know which to look at. Searches could work better and stay only on the item I'm looking for. Suggestions are nice but I know what I'm looking for but have trouble finding it.

I like Amazon prime where I get my order in 2 days with free shipping. They are reliable and have great service and they helped me when I needed assistance. It was quick and fast. I also like that I can find anything I need. My overall experience with amazon is awesome, I like them a lot.

Amazon’s site is user friendly. It's really my go-to online shopping source. Product selection is not much of a headache with their review system, the purchasing process is quick and reliable, and the customer service is great. Shipment is always on time or even early! The reviews others give are helpful in deciding the quality of the product in question. Sometimes I'll be looking for an item but I can't find it on Amazon or options are limited, but that's not exactly something worth putting the blame on Amazon though.

I like that Amazon always have the products I am looking for. They have just about everything. Clothes, books, food, home goods, electronics, beauty products, movies and I love the books. They have a wonderful selection. The checkout process is very simple as well. Also, the shipping and delivery are great. A lot of customer reviews show that their experiences have been great. Their ratings are phenomenal too.

My overall shopping experience using Amazon has been excellent. I really like the way product are presented. There are a great number of manufacturers and providers listed on the Amazon.com website, and they have a very large and comprehensive amazing selection of items in just about every category. There is also a very wide range of prices to accommodate almost every budget. Shipping in my experience has been accurate and timely and so far I have never had a purchase damaged so that I had to return it. I am very happy with my shopping experience on Amazon.com.

Amazon gets me fast and cheap shipping and the purchasing process is great. You can easily find products that you want to buy and it's reliable and quality stuff from other shippers. Also, makes sure stuff is not late. I would like to be able to talk to the shipper through chat. I don't like that you can't see more of the product before you buy it, the shipping cost and the site doesn't always correctly tell me where my order is. But the customer service members always help you with missing purchases. I love everything about Amazon.

Amazon is just easier to get to online than most of the websites that I come across and also much easier to pay for things on, I definitely like that in a website that I use but I do not like that some of the things that I have bought from them have not actually been from Amazon at all but from a third party which did not turn out all that great since I tried to cancel one item but it did not cancel after all. The first experience I had was fairly good but the next time I bought something from them that I did not like so much I was not able to return because it had been over 30 days.

It's a beautiful online retailer that has all the items you could ever want at the prices that you need that's why I shop there because they have things that nobody else has and that makes shopping at Amazon so much better. Also, they handle all your shopping experiences as if it were theirs. They are very professional in their call center and make sure your transaction is very smooth. When you do purchase something even though you know you have money on the payment that you paid with they give you a confirmation email and it doesn't state that your payment is being processed. It just states. "We'll give you a confirmation email once the ship ships." But it's a great experience shopping at Amazon and it's very unique.

For the past 4/5 years I have been an avid Amazon shopper. Before now when there was a problem they would solve it. I have purchased many thousands of dollars worth of items from them these past number of years. I'm a Prime member and have been previously very happy with Amazon Customer Service... NOT ANYMORE. I cannot find the link anymore and when I went out on the web I was able to find a phone number... I called the number and someone with an overseas accent answered. It took almost ten minutes just to find my account and from there it just got worse. I will be using other retailers to purchase what I would have bought from Amazon from now on. How does Amazon expect to run a business while decreasing customer service?

Amazon is the best of the best. The selection process is usually pretty organized. I've seen much worse at websites that make you have to buy things in bulk such as Alibaba. Amazon is very professional and reliable. Its reviews are very helpful, even with discovering things that people buy to use for certain problems. EX. probiotics for digestion and candida regulation, hyperhidrosis sufferers using alcohol to control their sweating. etc. I use it in both conventional and unconventional ways.

Amazon has something for everyone and they're convenient. The free 2 day shipping for Prime is great too though their prices are the second best compared to eBay. That's not a con though. It makes me feel like they have better services and more protection to offer. The only thing I wish Amazon had that they don't now is the option to pay by PayPal. I'm not sure how safe my credit card info is directly on their servers.

Amazon has a good selection of products and the products are good. I like their prices and delivery options. They are always on-time, if not early, and things always arrive in good shape. On the other hand, I'm not sure who I am buying from and if they are going to rip me off. I am also not sure of the quality of the product since I can't feel or touch it.

I like that Amazon has a wide selection of items, with fair market prices, also they have good shipping deals. They make check out and delivery convenient. It is easy to use their website or apps. However, I don't like that sometimes the shipping prices are too high and that I have to subscribe to a fee for service to receive better deals on items, shipping, and price. But overall I would use their service again in the future for hard to find items.

Amazon.com Company Profile