2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 5,475 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I absolutely love Amazon. Their selections, prices, notifications and returns are so easy and customer friendly. I am a disabled veteran with metal rods and screws in my lower back. My resistance to the cold is very low and the cold can be painful. I only bought Christmas presents in a store for 2 of my 14 grandchildren. I was also able to avoid the post office by having 4 gifts sent directly to 2 distant states.

I have had a few returns and I love how easy it is to send them back. Some I just print a label, repack and leave for my mailman and others I take to a local Kohl's. I do not have to package it up, I just show the QR code Amazon has sent (I show it on my phone or you can print it). It is only a few hours and the money is back in my account. Kohl's will give you your return receipt and a 25% off in store coupon good for a week. Savvy, aren't they. LOL. I have had a few issues that required a phone call directly to Amazon and have been taken care of with courtesy, friendliness and a quick resolution of the problem. As you can see I am in love with Amazon and will continue to buy a $5 or less item or a $1000 plus item. You just can't go wrong!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

We have shopped Amazon for years and always find them a pleasure do deal with. We live in a isolated area where there is no shopping unless you want to drive over 200 miles to the stores. It really doesn't matter because Amazon can deliver what we want or need when we want it and accepts returns without any hassles. You may find a product for less money at other places but when you figure tax and shipping it always comes in higher than with Amazon. We have bought a few items of clothing throughout the years and have also returned some. Other than this they are where we shop. We buy paper products from them as well, such as stables for house. We always check other outlets first but always end up going to Amazon.

After many years of shopping with this store, without a doubt we know for a fact that we do not have any worries about a return or refunds with this outlet. If we have any issues we can always rely on a Rep. taking care of it without any stress on our part. They have always come through 100% for us. There just isn't any online store like this one for shopping for they cover anything one might want to buy, all lines of any product you are interested in along with reviews which greatly help in making decisions to purchase. They continue to be our number one online for us, can't see that ever changing.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Not only does Amazon have great products but their Customer Service for the most part is wonderful. Although most times you are outsourced to a different country, I personally have found that when I call it's either South Africa or Philippines and they speak so well, understand me and my NY accent and are quite nice. Let’s face it. Most times you are calling CS with a problem or issue. These agents have to listen to 8 hours of complaints so they themselves need a break. No matter how annoyed I am I try to be on my best behavior and as nice as can be because they too need a break with how nasty we as a society can be.

I have run up against any number of odd things that I have had to have handled and never once have I been disrespected or made to feel anything but a valued customer. I have had any number of 3rd party issues and again for the most part Amazon have backed me up 100%. Just remember in the end you get better results when you're nicer. It's even easier to be a nicer person than negative. ***I have never worked for nor do I know of anyone who has worked for this company. I have also never worked CS in this capacity..

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 29, 2020

Until yesterday, I loved Amazon. Their customer service was the best. Even if I had to pay a little more, I purchased from Amazon because I knew that any problems I might encounter would be resolved by Amazon. However, now Amazon appears to be taking advantage of the coronavirus, which if true, is the most dastardly action I can imagine. I tried to call customer service and get a recording stating that Amazon customer service is shut down due to the coronavirus. I have not found any other company that has shut down its customer service. Other companies' customer service lines are working, with their employees working from home. Given the current state of technology, why can't Amazon maintain its customer service by having its representatives work from home? Is Amazon still paying its customer service representatives, or is this an excuse for Amazon to save money--profit from the coronavirus?

Original review: March 27, 2020

Amazon has new excuse for lousy service, Coronavirus. On March 26th I tried to order brake parts for my daughter's automobile and was informed that they could not deliver the parts until April 23rd. They considered it an unnecessary item. I asked them what were the necessary items with no answer. I guess toilet paper and paper towels are top priority over the safety of a human life in a motor vehicle.

I was on the phone with four representatives and three supervisors with no satisfactory results. They all just passed the buck from one to the other. One f the supervisors was supposed to escalate the matter to a higher department and left me on hold for 30 minutes and then just disconnected after I had been on the phone for 1 hour and a half with different Representatives. Amazon has no resolutions to customer issues. Prices fluctuate like gasoline. I wouldn't recommend the Subscribe and save unless you want to pay a different price every time it gets automatically ordered.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Amazon offers a credit card through Chase bank, while it may sound good, especially during the Christmas season BEWARE! Amazon CHANGES your payment method WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOU. If you set up your payments to be made through your bank, debit card, you may not notice it right away. Suddenly you have a credit card bill you weren't expecting. Amazon DID NOT have the authorization to make this change, but did so anyway. This is the second time this has happened!

Original review: March 23, 2020

I have 2 comments to make. 1 I agree about some kind of reimbursement for prime membership not because of things being delivered late, that is expected in this situation but because I am not even allowed to put available products I really need in my cart! I get blocked by a white screen that comes up and states, "Sorry no seller deliverable in your area." These are the same products I have been ordering for years and I live just a several blocks away from a major city. I see UPS come through our neighborhood everyday so I watch helplessly as these products which are not a now that there a virus scare something I would just now be buying get bought out from under me.

The 2nd issue is my major issue and it has to do with all of you out there who are healthy and can get to a store yourself. No one has spoken up about this and it needs to be addressed. I am home bound and basically bedridden from a rare immune deficiency disease so I am immune compromised all the time so I always have these disinfectants and masks all the time. They are essential to my health. I am alone on my own and have no way to get these items or other regular items for daily care except through Amazon Prime & Prime Now which is no longer delivering to my area because they have no open time slots. So I am alone without any help and no way to get anything because even places like CVS or OFFICE DEPOT will only have these items for pick up in store. I am going without and more vulnerable than ever.

There are others like me maybe not my same medical conditions but same situation. So please if you are able bodied and can get to a store or have someone who can do so for you, it may be inconvenient but by buying up way more than you need and using services that you don’t need you have already placed people like me in a dangerous position. They say it takes a crisis to bring out the true nature of people and sadly that is true, well take a look now. People are selfish and the hoarding and not looking out for or even thinking about others who may not be able to get things for themselves shows you this.

If people just got about 2-3 weeks at a times worth of what they absolutely need and left some on the shelf for the next to do the same and they saved the online delivery services for those who can’t do without them then we wouldn’t be where we are now. And as for these companies that only allow purchases in store, you are guilty Just as well. PPE and sanitizers should go first to healthcare workers, I used to be one until I became ill, including first responders, and then their patients and elderly. I share my few supplies with the RN or N.P. that visits me not just for her protection but mine, think about it, patients who are home bound and receiving medical care in home are far more vulnerable than any healthy person who just uses common sense and washes their hands more often and stays home if sick.

All healthy people are panicking and hoarding while those of us who are pretty much living in isolation all the time are like, well welcome to our world. At least you know that at some point your isolation will end. Ours won’t. I applaud Amazon’s hiring more people, but only if it is going to once again allow those who are not only prime members but home bound to have access to items and Prime Now services.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I've been ordering books valued at $100+ from Amazon for about a year now, and the last couple of times I've gotten books delivered they have came in the mail damaged because they weren't packaged properly. A few examples would be corners and spine on a hardcover book getting dinged up because they are being delivered in an oversized box with little padding/no protection from handling. Another example would be having the front of a cover on another hardcover book being sliced with what looks like a box cutter, plus damage to the spine with poor packaging.

It's unfortunate because everything else about their service is great, but it means nothing when the product comes home damaged. Fortunately they are very lenient with their return policy, and you're not expected to pay for any shipping, which is how it should be. Having to re-box and go to your local post office to make a return is extremely inconvenient. If another item comes in damaged I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Amazon.com Company Information