3.04/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,358 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

3460 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have been an Amazon customer for years, I mean years... But no more. I have had 2 horrible rip offs from what I found out to be bogus, criminal suppliers, selling defective products, and not even in the states, and no help from Amazon, customer service, which is a joke. They don't care and they don't do anything nor do they assist you with refunds. Nothing.

I have found out that there are so many of the same complaints. And they even legitimate manufacturers are no longer selling their products on Amazon platform because of all the fraud and fake copiers of their products. I bought 2 different orders, from different departments and got broken, and defective merchandise and Amazon did nothing, and... I found out that Amazon does NOT VET OR DO ANY SECURITY CHECKS of suppliers signing up, and scamming American consumers.

They don't care... And they do not check vendors nor the products they are posting online, for so many years. We have grown naively accustomed to believe the MYTH that Amazon because they were so big, was a legitimate, honest company. Well, that is not the truth. And they allow bait and switch tactics, and their prime shipping, is another scam. There are thousands of complaints of all of this. So NO MORE AMAZON. They are just interested in their worth of Amazon stock, not in protecting consumers and their families. Check out facts even in Forbes online.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Been an Amazon Prime customer for a long time. Recently Amazon has shown me a multitude of times that they do not care about customer service anymore and they do not care to honor their prime shipping anymore. I'm not going to get my packages when I'm supposed to anymore, then I don't need to shop Amazon anymore.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Recently I order a ring that I wanted for my anniversary, it took forever for the ring to arrive, and when it did, it was not the size that I had ordered, plus it was scratched, called and talked to a customer service rep, and was told that Amazon would have to get ahold of the seller, and that I would have to send the ring back, plus pay for shipping all the way back to China, plus the shipping cost would be taken out of my refund of $20.00, I guess you get what you pay for, it use to be that Amazon would look out for the buyer, but now they look out for the seller, I will not be doing any business with Amazon again, and I have been with them since 2009, so long Amazon, you just lost a customer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

They are charged me $99 for Prime Membership on my credit card which I paid merchandise. Not accepted!!! Hide this fees from people!!! When I call (credit card provided) Amazon phone number (888) 578-0333 there is Indian customer service speaking English with banana in the mouth. Do not understand a word, even when they try to spell!!! Finally, they told me "mother **" and disconnect! Just because I cannot understand what they say!!! Bad experience with Amazon ever!!! Time for sue case!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have been an Amazon Prime Member since 2010. Over the years, I have had mostly good experiences with them. I have always given good review and recommended them to other customers. However, this new experience has caused me to want to end my relationship with Amazon. I made a purchase 1. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet (12-Inch, 64 GB, Intel Core i3, Windows 10); 2. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Type Cover (Purple); and 3. Surface Pro Hub Adapter/ Card Reader, High Speed USB 3.0 Transport and USB 2.0 for Mouse or Keyboard with SD(HC) Card Slot and TF Card Reader for Microsoft Surface Pro 3/ 4 on 30 November 2017.

Upon ordering the items before checking out I got a notification that a signature was required upon delivery. That gave me comfort, knowing that if no one is home the items would not be left at the door. Given the cost of the items ($615) this was important as I wouldn't want the items to be left at the door. The items was to be delivered on 3 December 2017, however no package was delivered. The delivery status showed delivered and that it was left near the front door. However, no package was found.

I contact customer service on Sunday 3 Dec and I was told to give 24 hours and if not received to make contact again. I contacted them again on 5 Dec and was told that 72 hours was needed to bring resolution to the issue. I made contact again on 9 December. I outlined the issue that the items were not received and was told "Based on these investigation results, we will not be able to provide a replacement/refund for this order at this time. We recommend that you reach out to your local police to pursue this matter further. If the issue isn't resolved after contacting local police, please contact us back with the police crime report number and details of the station where the incident was reported. Without the police report, we're unable to take further action" (taken directly from the chat transcript).

I then indicated that I was told that the items required a signature and no one was home so the items should not have been left. A notice from the courier service should have been left to indicate they came and let us know where to pick up the items. I was then told that "Amazon.com is not able to resolve shipping problems after delivery, as outlined online in our Conditions of Use, noted under 'Risk of Loss' which states: "All items purchased from Amazon.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract". This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. We advise you to contact [CARRIER] as well as your local authorities if necessary in order to pursue this matter further.

"If the issue isn't resolved after contacting local law enforcement and the carrier, please contact us with the URL to the online police report regarding this incident or a police report number regarding this incident and the name of the related police department. Without the police report, we're unable to take further action." I indicated that I do not live in the USA and I was leaving in a short time, I only reminded them that the problem is as a result of the negligence of the carrier used as they should not have left the package if no one was there to sign for it.

I was then told that I would need to contact the carrier. I told them that wasn't my responsibility. I asked to speak to a manager and was initially told that they work with the same script so whoever I talk with will tell me the same thing he is saying. I told him I didn't care I still wanted to speak to a manager. I was connected to a team leader, and yes he basically told me the same thing. My problem is, I shouldn't have to be the one to contact the police and the carrier as it was Amazon negligence that led to the package either wasn't delivered or was stolen from the front door. I later read a number of the complaints about Amazon and realized that this is a common complaint that is made, if they choose a delivery company that don't take care to ensure the packages are left in a safe area that it shouldn't be the loss to the customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I've always had an issue with Amazon losing my packages. However recently a package went missing and when I contacted Amazon they were sure that the package was signed by me and I had told them that I wasn't home that day and it was impossible for me to have signed for it, the representative once again said he was sure that the package was signed by me. Then he opened a case and I was told to wait 72 hours for an investigation.

After waiting and recontacting Amazon they said that I should wait another 72 hours and wait for the investigation to be over and I said I wasn't going to wait another 72 hours and at that point this representative said that the 72 hours were indeed over and that I should file a police report instead and get back to them on the case number about a package being stolen, however I told them the package issue may have been stolen but the fact of the matter is that it was a forged signature by the carrier. They refused to provide any more information, refused to acknowledge the fact that their own carrier forged a signature and then I was told "I'm sorry, but there is no further insight or actions we can offer into this matter at this time."

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I just joined Amazon Prime, and it was a big mistake. My first order was never delivered, and I had to speak for about 2 hours over the phone and chat to customer service and the third party seller, and they refused to replace it and gave me a refund after waiting for my order for days. They let me re-order and refunded me for the difference, and I clearly requested for delivery to require my signature so we avoid the same issues, and customer service said they will do that, but they didn't. I had to come back from work to see if the package was actually delivered, and the next item in the order I had to stay home all day waiting so this issue doesn't happen again. Total disregard for their customer's time, energy, and money.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

This is about the 6th time I have been buggered on delivery promises. I have Prime but I get anything but Prime service. When you get the message guaranteeing a certain delivery date, most of the time, you can ignore it, it is a lie. "Order within the next 3 hours and 16 minutes for a guaranteed delivery on Dec. 8" is pure BS. It is 12/9 and the new date is 12/11. So, my package is not only NOT Prime, it is just plain old regular delivery. Talking to customer service is a joke because you end up in India unless you force them to allow you to speak to a rep in the US (Yes you can ask to speak to someone in the US). They offer an extension of one month free on Prime ($9) but do not resolve the issue.

I am to the point that the delay in shipping, the hassle with overseas customer service, the general inability to resolve issues and the false apologies and concern is going to force me to go back to shopping at local stores even if I pay more. Eliminating the hassle will be well worth the cost. I wish I could add a receipt to the review but since I don't have the product, there is no receipt to attach, just an invoice.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I ordered sewing needles - a pack of 50. When the order arrived only 10 sewing needles were in the package. I spent about 2 hours with 3 different Amazon customer service reps. Finally I was refunded a portion of the order’s cost in the form of a promo credit. Today, during this same week, I received an order I placed with that promo credit. It was a toy for my dog and arrived broken and unsafe for her to play with. After spending 30 minutes with another Amazon customer service rep, I was told they could not replace the toy because it was purchased with the promo credit. Which of course I received as a partial refund for the first order they screwed up a few days ago.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

A few weeks ago I started selling a few books I had in storage on Amazon. This is the first time I had sold anything on their site but I have purchased a number of items for years. About a week later, I received an email requesting personal information, not for myself, but for my minor niece and nephew. Their names are in my Amazon address book. I explained that they are minors and I am not their parent and I don't have that information nor do I think it should be required. They requested their complete address, copy of passport and an email. Because I didn't send the information, they closed the seller's account. Since then I have made several purchases including sending gifts to my niece. Yesterday they put my account on hold and sent me the same email requesting the same information regarding my minor niece and nephew. I refuse to give them this information nor do I have it. I am not sure where to go from here.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Amazon used to be such a great place to order from, but over the last 6 months I have had horrible experiences. They are inconsistent with delivery and customer service is a joke! The only thing a CSR is good for is apologizing on the company's behalf. It's only when you request to speak with a supervisor that you MIGHT get results. They're quick to take your funds from your account, but will do NOTHING to demonstrate they are truly apologetic and appreciative of you as a customer when they mess up. Hire some COMPETENT people or close!!! Just not interested in ordering from them as I once was. YOU SUCK AMAZON!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Just spent an hour on the phone with Amazon...grrr. First item showed FedEx delivered. Nope. Mistake. Then I find the item I ordered was substituted for a different item that was not fulfilled by Amazon and will not contain the same items promised by the first vendor. I might get it by next week. On and on. Spoke with a manager who turned out be a lead agent by the name of Anthony. No last name as he refused to give...all but said I ordered from the other vendor when I did not. Sent a pic of who I ordered from. He said not good enough...and no consumer relations I can talk with. He is the highest it gets. Wow. This is what I get for not reading my order email. It was a bait and switch.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Ordered 14 items. Amazon sent me an email showing the correct address. Then they broke my order into six parts and unknown to me shipped four items to the WRONG address. Amazon sent them to another address in my address book. Spent over two hours on phone and chat. They just sent emails to the sellers who said there was nothing they could do because the items were in transit. Amazon told me to contact the person at the wrong address and ask them to return the items and pay shipping to return them. The person is someone I am no longer on good terms with who doesn't wish to cooperate. The items were Xmas gifts. I will not buy from Amazon again if I can avoid it and I was a good customer. Their shipping system is broken. I will have to ask my credit card for chargebacks I guess. Amazon sucks, is no longer reliable at all...

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My son and I live next door to each other. Both of these incidents occurred November 2017. The other day, it looked like someone gave him a yard job. Turns out that the private service that Amazon uses for delivery decided to depart his driveway, drive up the sidewalk, stopped at the front door (in the yard), delivered the package on the doorstep, then made a giant circle through the yard to get back to the driveway to exit. It had just rained a bunch and he'd just planted grass. This delivery person sunk in the yard and left quite a mess. Apparently, the Amazon driver thought it was too far to stop in the driveway and walk the package to the door! A call to Amazon confirmed the problem. We sent them pictures and they said to repair it and send them the bill.

Two weeks later, my wife was out front and noticed a strange unmarked mini-van pulling into my son's driveway. An older ** woman was behind the wheel. Apparently, she wasn't good at backing out of driveways. His driveway is about a 150 feet long and 18 feet wide. So instead of backing out of the driveway, she does an 18 point turn so she could pull straight out. (I'm thinking this is the same woman who pulled the yard job and Amazon kept her on...) She then drives over to our house and pulls up the driveway. Hmmm, must have been the wrong address? Anyway, our driveway is the same dimensions as my son's. This mini-van was loaded with kids and there was a young man in dreads that got out of the passenger door, never said anything to my wife, walked to the back of the van and opened the hatch.

My wife was a little frightened at this point. Who was this? Why didn't they say anything? What was that man getting out of the back of the van? Was I in danger? He then retrieves the package, walks it to the door, doesn't say a word to my wife, turns around and heads back to the van. The old woman then proceeded to do another 18 point turn around in our driveway to exit. I'm not sure how much they saved by hiring this kind of crew, but it's apparent that they don't vet their drivers. None of the vehicles are marked. They may or may not set rules of who can be with them when they deliver, and there's apparently no decorum in their training program. They're frightening their clients, trashing property and God knows what else. The yard job will cost Amazon between $600 and $800 to repair after smoothing out the ruts and planting grass seed. Let Amazon know your frustration!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Seriously people, get out of your house and buy things to bring home. It's way less hassle. You think buying things online is way more convenient but it's a huge headache when the package arrives damaged, item missing, or having to return the item... I understand buying things on websites like Amazon allows you to look at reviews and make informed decision but I had more than one encounter in which I discovered reviews of items are fake. Some items' first 2-3 page of reviews has all 5 stars. It looks awesome but wait until you see all these reviews were written in 2 days and they sound similar.

There's one item I was looking at that 5-star reviews are about the product and 4 and 3-star reviews are about a complete different product. What in the world... like they merged reviews or something. Don't be deceived. Return is a pain on the ass. It takes several days to ship back then Amazon says it has up to 2 weeks after the receipt to issue you a refund. Look how much time is involved with this process; it's endless waiting. I now will go into an actual store, buy the stuff, and go home!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Consecutively 3 times I faced problems with Amazon. 1st I ordered center table and received broken. Later changed. 2nd I ordered earphone which got canceled by itself and I had to order other earphone of different brand. 3rd ordered mp3 player. After more than 15 days no sign of them to communicate. I used to communicate with them. I wrote mails to MD Mr. Amit ** and Mr. Jeff and they seem to have no courtesy to call or write back. Overall better switch to other online shopping.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On September 11th this year, an 18 wheeler Amazon Prime truck saw that there was a low clearance bridge ahead, and as a result turned into our neighborhood to avoid going through. When he turned on to the nearest street to then take another turn onto ours, he snapped the telephone pole in half which then ripped the power lines off of our house. I ran outside after hearing the noise to see the debris he left behind. The power lines were lying in our driveway and in the middle of the road. I watched car after car drive over them as I called the police in a panic. The police did a very good job determining that it was indeed an Amazon truck and formulated a detailed police report. The police found the driver's truck, but he was missing. We had to have electrical work done, lost all of our food from 24 hours of no power, and our neighbor had damage to his fence, car, and garage roof.

We presented our report and complaint to Amazon. They had us put in a ticket. We were set back about $1000 from this accident. My husband called numerous times, and they would then in turn reply that they would call back. It took 2 and a half months for them to reimburse us for the damage their driver had done, after several stressful calls and follow ups on our end. Not to mention, it was a very tight couple of months financially as this was extremely unpredictable. My husband and I felt that Amazon was slow to move, and not apologetic by any means. This all happened while having a 13 month old baby and a second one on the way, leaving us with little food to feed her and myself.

Even though they did eventually provide the money we lost, I feel it is important to share how Amazon portrayed a lack of empathy and unprofessionalism when coming to a more crucial issue than a product order. They are lucky nothing more serious happened with the power lines lying in our driveway and in the middle of the road. Amazon claimed that they use a third party company for their drivers and that they did not know who the driver was, which I find extremely unorganized and idiotic to not have the knowledge of who is representing their company and delivering their packages. Needless to say, while I was previously a Prime member and huge fan of Amazon, I now have a bad taste in my mouth for how they handled our situation.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Many people pre-order books and movies on Amazon so they will get the item on the release date. Here is an official Amazon Page describing release dates. "About Release-Date Delivery. Release-Date Delivery is available for eligible pre-order items we can deliver on the release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. Some carriers make deliveries to residential addresses as late as 7 p.m. Select eligible items and choose Release-Date Delivery at checkout to receive pre-order items on the day of release. Shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item and are displayed on the order confirmation page. For Amazon Prime members, Release-Date Delivery is free when selecting Two-Day Shipping. Tracking information isn't always available from carriers online for Release-Date Delivery. To see if it's available for your order, go to Track Your Package."

I PRE-ORDERED MANY ITEMS AND ALL THEM THIS YEAR WERE NOT DELIVERED ON THE RELEASE DATE. I got them from 1-3 weeks later. When I call up the reps when I don't get my item on the release date they all tell me "The release date is the day Amazon can ship the item". I highly recommend going elsewhere if you want your item on this release date! I will still buy from them but if I want my item the day it is released I go elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I purchased a product from Amazon (Car Mats). On the next day after the purchase I tried to cancel the order (since it wasn't shipped yet) and a cancellation was not available online, only a cancellation request was available which I requested. The next day I called the customer service of Amazon and they said to wait for the product to arrive and proceed to a normal return instead. I waited several days for the product to arrive and upon arriving I was not able to return because the product was delivered in two different packages and only ONE return label was provided by Amazon.com, so the UPS would not accept the packages.

I called Amazon.com 6 times and I was not helped or provided the right amount of return labels to return the product. After several days calling their customer service reps I decided to call my credit card company and dispute the charges which I am doing now. I had an extreme poor experience with Amazon. Also I tried to do a product review and the review was declined as well which tells me that Amazon.com controls the reviews of their products as well. This is not the first time I had a hard time to return products to this company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Lately I've been getting damaged and faulty orders sent to my house. Items have been breaking within a month of purchase. This when the items actually do show up to my home and not lost. Customer service wants me to mail three huge boxes back to them to get replacement or refund. Not only inconveniences me but costs money to buy the box and get to their drop off. From now on after many years I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Very disappointed as a stockholder and a avid user of Amazon that they have also become very political. The Alexa is a very liberal device. Not happy and would never own one and makes me wonder if I should continue to support a company that plays politics. The one question that made me throw my Alexa out was about Jesus Christ. According to Alexa he is a "fictional character." To someone who has seen Jesus' work this is ignorance at it's best and very disappointing. Not saying they need to have Alexa "believe" but a better way to handle it would be that of Siri where she gives a definition of Jesus Christ as seen by Christians. No need to be political.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I placed this order from Amazon because I was about out of dog food and the page said delivery was guaranteed in two days ("Want it Tuesday, December 5? Order within 3 hrs 3 min and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout"). Other sellers were offering it for less but it would take longer to ship, so I went with Amazon and two-day delivery.

On the day the order was to arrive, I received a message stating it would be delayed. I called Amazon and was told that the "Want it Tuesday, December 5? Order within 3 hrs 3 min and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout" message is basically a lie. There's no guarantee. The two days starts from the time the product is shipped, not when you order it, as the "Want it Tuesday, December 5? Order within 3 hrs 3 min and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout" implies. The Amazon rep from India (she wasn't from the U.S., nor was the second person I spoke with. Amazon, you make a lot of money from the U.S. market, how about you hire U.S. citizens, or would that cut into your profit margin too much?) said the order wasn't shipped until Monday, 12/4 so technically wouldn't be late until after 12/6. The product page guaranteed delivery on 12/5. Guess they have a different definition of 'guarantee'.

If I'd known the "Want it Tuesday, December 5? Order within 3 hrs 3 min and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout" message was a misleading lie, I would have gone to a pet store or ordered from another seller selling it cheaper. Since my dog needs to eat, and this order will not arrive in time, I've cancelled it and am going to the pet store anyway.

I've been an Amazon customer for a very long time. I've been a Prime member and place quite a few orders with Amazon every year. That will be changing. I will not be renewing my Prime membership and will be looking at alternative companies to do business with. Any other order and I wouldn't care so much if it was late, but my dog is nearly out of food and I was counting on the shipment arriving on the day Amazon guaranteed it would. Amazon is no different than any other corporation that jerks customers around and makes false promises. I'm sick of corporate America and the games they play.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

WAS! An avid shopper but no more. Amazon has a legal scam. All they have to do is overcharge you and says, "Oops we made an error." I purchase a few items in October 18 2017 and they double dip my account. On receiving my order one item I did not like. I sent it back the next day. I received a confirmation they got the item back in perfect shape. After many many hours on the phone and being told over and over it will take 10 days to got my money back. It is now December 5 2017 and I have not gotten my money back! Do the math. Overcharge a 100 customers a day for a $100 = a lot of interest in the old bank account. Again I say Buyer Beware! From now on I'm getting off my lazy ** up and doing my shopping at Mom & Pop stores.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Amazon has done this to me twice, so I give up on them. They say they have delivered something into my mailbox or at my front door, while I'm home, but there is nothing there. They say "too bad" and offer no refund or explanation. It is a simple scam. Say the old lady is nuts, don't deliver what she paid for and of course no one will believe an old lady. I may be old but I'm sharp. Amazon owes me. I will find a way to keep them from ripping off more seniors.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Been on the phone with Amazon about a incorrectly packaged and damaged goods. They refuse to work with me to replace the items, insisting I send them back #10 cans of food which are damaged and can no longer survive long term food storage needs. After almost 5 hours on the phone with them, I gave up and wrote investor relations a e-mail stating that I'd be buying one share of their stock which entitles me to attend the share-holders' meetings. According to parliamentary procedure a shareholder is not only entitled to attend share-holders' meetings, but is also entitled to bring up new business. So I shall.

I will bring up new business and detail/delineate their exceedingly poor customer service. This action with the hopes that equities analysts and portfolio managers who are thinking about buying the stock will see what a big risk it is to purchase this stock and not do so. My intention is to create a stir in the public relations area for which there will be no escape for them. This way, Amazon suffers with their bottom line, which is indeed all they really care about - not the consumer.

I hope that anyone who reads this will indeed follow my example and join me at future stockholders' meetings to ensure Amazon suffers the loss of profitability which they hold up as a shining example. Only to show them, they are not a "customer-centric" company that they claim to be. Again - join me in this quest to ensure Amazon hears this message loud and clear that consumers are their customers and that the customer is not happy. Mr. Bezos - are you listening yet?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

**********Note to approver: content already published at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/amazon-amazon-logistics-c948695.html**********

Amazon Logistics is terrible. 3 attempted deliveries and your order is returned back to Amazon and you're refunded. They attempted delivery to a business address 3x in 3 days after business hours including on a Sunday when many businesses are closed despite my efforts at speaking with 3 Amazon Logistics Customer Service Representatives and a Manager to tell them to only attempt delivery within proper business hours; my requests fell on deaf ears because for some strange reason the only way you can communicate with your 3rd party delivery vendor partners is through email and not phone call??? Consequently, my newborn niece and 4 year old nephew were not able to receive their gifts in time and made me look rather terrible and humiliated. The order fell off my credit card account / was never charged and the items were not delivered. I will never shop at Amazon again and will be sure to share this experience with all of social media and family and friends.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

10 years ago I used Amazon to buy a TV online. When it arrived the screen was shattered. Amazon would not refund my money to my card because they said it was a 3rd party seller. It took a big effort to get the charge taken off. I swore I'd never use them again. But, recently I decided to give them another chance. I went online last weekend during Cyber Weekend and got what I thought was a great deal. $110.99 is what I paid for a "#Keter Rockwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box Outdoor Patio Garden Furniture 150 Gal, Brown". I ended up buying a bunch of other stuff at regular price while on their site.

Well... a week later I get an email stating the Keter Storage Container is out of stock and they won't now honor the price I bought it for and that I could now purchase it for the regular price of $189 from other vendors. Surprisingly all the items I bought at regular price are available & being delivered. This is BAIT AND SWITCH. I spoke to a customer service manager at Amazon who basically told me, "Too bad". Once again, I'll never use Amazon again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I made an order in Black Friday and Amazon had the wrong zip code for my card and cancel my order. I got an email some days later so I also missed Cyber Monday. The solution that they give is to reorder like I have never ordered my items. When you call people who say they are in Asia and also someone said specifically Philippines answer but give no solutions. Whenever there is an alternative I will purchase my items from a more customer service and reliable company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered a lot of items for our baby registry on Amazon, they arrived in 3 separate packages. One of the packages was supposed to be delivered on 11/25/2017, it never was delivered, even though Amazon sent me an email saying it was delivered. I called Amazon on 12/2/2017 asking about the lost package. The representative Rayon ** said will reorder 3 of seven items that were supposed to be delivered, and refund 4 other items. However, when I tried to order the same items again, I noticed I ordered the original 7 items in the lost package on 15% completion discount on the registry, there now was a price difference of $6.12 and also based on Amazon policy, if an item was not delivered as promised, the customer was supposed to get a month free Prime Membership. I was never offered the free Prime membership for a month.

So I called Amazon again, the representative was very slow and not helpful and she promised to send me an email for refund for $6.12 and a month of free membership for Prime, she never did. When I tried to purchase the items on the same day 5 hours later, one of the items Diaper Bag 12 pocket price jumped from $25.99 to $37.99, making the difference in price $19.17. This representative Quincy ** processed a refund of $20 and sent me a confirmation email, however when I went to purchase on Amazon for the 4 items, there was no refund at all on my account!! So I had to call Amazon customer service the 3rd time in one day, the representative then said, “We can do investigation with the carrier to find out what happened to package,” I was like, “Amazon's own policy is if not received items 36 hours past delivery date, a full refund should be ordered,” I was surprised this rep did not know her own company's policy.

She has no idea if the last representative Quincy ** refunded the $20 into the credit card I used to purchase the items originally or refunded into gift card, I tell her there is absolutely nothing in my Amazon account, $0 refund. This representative Jennemi, then after 33 minutes of "investigation" said she can only give me a refund of $42, which is not even the amount I originally paid with 15% discount. What a joke this customer service is. Meanwhile, I think this is very unprofessional of Amazon customer service, while you are talking to the rep, there are a lot of people laughing and talking in the background, this is not professional at all.

I don't care how big a company is, standards for training and professionalism should be maintained, o/w you will lose customers. Amazon is definitely going downhill, one of their outsourced deliverers even tried to peek into our house, good thing we had surveillance cameras at our front door, so we let Amazon know to hire professional deliverers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My poor son waited so long to get money to get a gaming computer. He try to place a big order with Amazon which I was nervous to begin with. Well after he put the order in they didn't let his order go through since his credit home address was not updated. He just moved to his new home he bought and forgot to update it so he when he updated his info with his bank they refused to let him order and put his account on hold!! The poor kid been waiting so long and they won't help get this matter and release the hold without the bank sending them a statement which the bank is not going to do. I try to call and speak to a manager but she did nothing. I told them we could send his driver card ID as proof through the email and I should be able to give proof since am his mother and have account but she refused so now my poor son is block from the site. It's terrible how they treat people.

Amazon.com Company Information