2.75/5
Based on 1,516 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

4288 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

This, billion-dollar company offers the worst customer service on the planet. Logging in is easy, logging out is difficult. The reason, there is a long menu under your name and the logout command is at the bottom of the menu. The problem is that I do not have enough room to scroll down to the logout area. Finally, one day, I actually got a c.s. rep on the phone line. She was not helpful, she told me the same stuff I already knew, click on my name, click on the command to logout.

If you want a real live person, good luck. Sat I needed to talk to a customer service person, I finally found the C.S. area and selected chat. I wrote out my problem and suddenly it disappeared. I didn't select phone because you have to give your phone no. so they can call at their convenience. I was truly defeated. Today, I called the C.S. line and got a person who could barely speak English. He was nice and did handle my problem. I think a multi-billion dollar company could teach people to speak slower and more clear to help the customer. I am so over Amazon. I hope to never have to pay them another penny.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered a few things for my business and I was suppose to have one on Saturday June 17 2018... Yeah right. Who in their right mind sends a 5 gallon drink dispenser through USPS??? And then some supplies for our business. Suppose to be here today. Mail came and no items. I won't ever order from Amazon ever again!! They take your money and run with it. And then you get some knucklehead on the chat line that can't even understand what you're trying to tell him, so he disconnects you. Now that's customer service!!! Amazon you suck!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Don't try and sell on Amazon. I use to sell on there. I have a $900,000 and in less than 1 year I am down to about $150,000 in sales. They don't care about their sellers. If you are selling a item and it is selling good Amazon will go to that vendor and sell it themself. They are putting a lot of companies big and small out of business along with the people that sell the products to others are losing their jobs also. Amazon is the worse.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Just unacceptable. I ordered a book from Amazon and I chose the Amazon Locker as a delivery address because the delivery time was much shorter. I intentionally chose the most expensive option in order to have it delivered sooner. By the way, I live in the same block as the Amazon Locker, so I cannot understand why it would take two more day to arrive my apartment. Aside from that, I called today 3 times to their customer service, because I was checking the 'track your package' page and since 10 am she had seen there that the package is 'undeliverable' and I was getting very worried.

All 3 times I called, I was transferred from department to department representative and nobody took responsibility for this. Also, the first two times, they reassured me that it should be a mistake in the system and I will be receiving my package. At the end, 8 hours later I was notified by email that my package is undeliverable and is going back to them. And why didn't they call me instead of just returning it back??? I could go to the location and pick it up. If a book is too big to fit in a locker, then why this option was offered to me when I was placing the order??? Just unacceptable service in general...

Original review: June 16, 2018

I never thought I would be reviewing Amazon and using the Pizza Hut Delivery Guy as a benchmark!!!! Which is not a bad thing really... Am going out on a limb and making a prediction here {and yes, I do have a Crystal Ball :) }: I have ordered an Item off of Amazon and paid for a 1-day delivery - am almost certain it will not arrive on time. Amazon has been becoming, of late, a habitual offender - delivery schedules have been slipping, pretty consistently. I had ordered another Item on 06/14/2018 (and was "Guaranteed delivery by 06/15/2018") and paid for a "1-day delivery" and my delivery has been "delayed" and the product will "arrive by 06/20/2018"!!! Really?

Amazon won't even refund you your "expedited" delivery fee UNLESS you ask for it to be refunded!!! Amazon, you were this amazing company - what happened? I don't really care if it wasn't your fault (but your Sellers)? You used to be better - do not lose your grip on your core business. (Or is this not your core business anymore, maybe?) I would expect a full refund along with the product for free when the dates are not met - be like the Pizza Hut delivery guy! Only, be better!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: June 15, 2018 I constantly get products shipped in boxes up to 500 times bigger than the item sold. The latest being a knife in a box that could hold at least 99 more, plus miles of bubble wrap for a product that is all but indestructible? So I tried to review the product and got… "Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product.

Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased."

I have never purchased or reviewed this product before! So I call Customer service and just get a huge runaround and a load of BS about another seller now sells this (2 days later) and finally they ask me to email customer-service@amazon.com with my concerns which comes back "bad Address undeliverable." I call back to Amazon and get another runaround then put on hold for 10 minutes then disconnected. Obviously meaning they just don't care! Amazon...destroying the planet one oversized cardboard box at a time. This is why eBay and Walmart are gaining ground fast!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Purchased a Brother device through Amazon on May 31, 2018. Their protection plan (3 year Asurion Office Products Protection Plan, 36 month from date of purchase) was purchased at the same time for $10.69 + $.68 tax. Returned Brother device (what a fiasco) and notified Asurion June 14, 2018 that I wanted a full refund for this Protection Plan as I did not need it anymore. Following up, as I always do, I spoke to a little girl at the call center Nashville, TN (1-800-861-9387) Myles (probably lying) who told me I would get a refund for the $10.69. In that conversation I asked what about the tax to be included in the refund? The call was escalated and Norman, who after some time, said I would get the full refund. This reeks of thievery, attempting to not refund the tax portion in the refund. Please consider this an addition to previous complaints for Amazon.

Original review: June 15, 2018

They are okay for prices, not the lowest, except sometimes. Often they are higher priced than other sites. This year I've abstained from Prime, except I tried the one week trial for a few dollars four days ago, can't find the billing data anywhere on my account, so don't know how much. I ordered a framing nailgun which turned out not able to seat framing nails. Had to return. I ordered a $36 Heavy box of 2,000 nails for it, and it arrived in a box way too large for it, had a STICKER on it saying HEAVY. UPS treated it badly, the box of nails in the oversize box busted open and the nails were scattered, and some sticking out the outer box.

These nails need to stay neatly stacked or some of the cartridges break apart and are useless, which is what happened. They had only one a 1/2 once piece of packing paper in it which did absolutely nothing. I watched a few movies, but when I searched through all available I quickly ran into extra charges for most of them. In the past I've signed up for Kindle Unlimited, which is actually pretty limited. They now offer less than before, but more options to buy others things, more ways to spend money. So: I canceled amazon Prime membership 6/14/18 7:34, effective in 3 days. Confirmation: "Your membership will end on June 17, 2018. After that date, you will lose access to your benefits and your card will not be charged." It used to be $70.00/year plus tax. Now it’s $119 plus tax this year. Up $5/year. When it was $100.00/year they didn’t charge tax, now they do. In my state, only goods are taxable, not services. I'm just not happy with their service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

SELL PRODUCTS NOT AS ADVERTISED THEN WHEN WRITING A REVIEW AMAZON WON'T POST IT. SEE BELOW: "Your review could not be posted. Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines: http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines. Imagistics SX2100 Toner 6500 Yield - Genuine OEM toner ★★ from Danpb on June 13, 2018. Not As Advertised - Was Not OEM! Packaging terrible - box was crushed and item exposed! Product not as advertised! Was not Imagistics OEM toner but replacement. Shipping was very fast but packaging was 3x's the size of the item and was not properly packed. Box was crushed on 1 end and item exposed."

Original review: June 13, 2018

I purchased a $125 gas dryer timer from a third party seller on Amazon. I was not able to install it right away, but by the time I did, I discovered it was defective. The seller refused to take it back, saying returns had to be made within the first 30 days. Apparently parts have a 30-day "warranty". Amazon did nothing to help resolve this, and replied to my last email saying they were not going to reply anymore. When I tried to review the seller on the Amazon website, they blocked my review. A Chat specialist at Amazon sent me a link to post my review, but it didn't work. Both the seller (Top Parts) and Amazon have basically cheated me out of $125 and completely blocked my ability to warn other customers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Do not buy anything these days from Amazon guys, they are just making us fool. I placed an order on 25th May and I received message that it has been delivered but it was not delivered to me. I immediately contacted Amazon people. They promised either it will be delivered on 11th Jun or they will refund. Based on their promise I was okay, but again no response from Amazon so again I contacted them. They replied "It's a courier product and has been delivered at your location to someone, we are not liable for this as it was prepaid order." This clearly shows how irresponsible and bad mannered they are. I made payment for this order and who are they to decide to deliver to anyone without my permission?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am a Prime member. It used to mean getting an item the next day but now you have to buy $25 to get it. I been through quite a bit: unshaved guys with beards to their floor sneaking in the building without buzzing me banging on a door. Amazon said it would switch to different delivery. Well they didn't. A few months ago I bought one of those cat window seats. Well that thing does not work as it does not stick on a glass. I returned it the next day. I have returned another item the same day. To my surprise, a month later I am getting an email saying that I need to return it or else I'll be charged! Imagine how happy that made me: now I don't have a product, this was dropped off and now this. Theft went through my head.

I connected to one of their Indian center and was told that something was not clicked properly and confirmed that they received an item and that I won't be charged. (It did not go smooth as these people feel that they have to start with a small chat, they have asking me about the weather, how was my day and similar waste-my-time... you get my grip.) So after completely nonsensical and unnecessary waste of 5 minute of my time which is also culturally inappropriate, I explained the situation and the rep said that it was received but someone did not check something properly and now she 'fixed' it and I am good. I have an email chat to confirm me. Oh yeah his/her name is Horsesit. One can't make this up.

Well, a month later, today I am charged for the item and receiving that email. I am contacting again that Amazon India center and asking them what is going on. They are suggesting that I get the money in 5 business days. Seriously? You steal money from me and now I have to wait? I am now calling Amazon. I swear to you, now it is 3 hours in total of conversations: why? Because I keep asking the same questions over and over, simple questions such as: Why wasn't this handled properly in the first place? This woman goes off the tangent ignoring my question. And again, and again and again...11 times. I asked for a supervisor, she said she is the boss. Oh yey, I am speaking to Jeff Bezos, but you have a female voice with a very hard accent! Oh she is not Jeff Bezos!

Anyhow, the rep is not transferring me, but instead she hung up on me. (Marisol from Retail - you know Amazon is not 'allowed' to give their last name or their employee number of location. Yeah, another BS). Calling back asking for concession for the aggravation and time lost. (Three hours and 15 minutes translates in $520 in my time.) No concession. Guess what Amazon. Between the 4 accounts in our family we spent $42000 and you will get ZERO. Shameful. Amazon turned into **.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Having been a Prime member for 15 years plus, I've seen a rapid decline of its services as membership fees increased. Yesterday, I ordered a product specifically with Prime Same-Day Delivery option and Amazon as BOTH the seller AND delivery courier. Product never arrived. A note on my account stated that courier unable to gain access to the front door to deliver package at a specific time. My front door is mainly clear glass with a camera pointing at it. I checked the playback and no sight of any human being coming remotely close to my front door around the time claimed by Amazon.

I spoke to customer service and received a different excuse for not delivery on time. This time it was that the courier was not able to find my address. I told the person I had ordered hundreds of products and a camera recording that showed no evidence of any courier attempting to deliver anything. The rep offered 1 free month of Prime service for free. All I wanted was for Amazon to own up to its own ability to deliver as promised instead of making up excuses/lies to cover itself up. I would have been a lot more understanding.

Original review: June 11, 2018

One of the worst experience in online shopping while ordering shoe from Amazon. I paid extra charges for fast delivery as I was in a urgency. And on the date of delivery while I was expecting the product delivery. Suddenly they just cancelled the product by saying that it was rejected at the point of delivery. And actually the truth is that the delivery guy not even contacted to me even a single time and not even visited delivery address building.

When I tried to contact him he was not picking up my phone and after 2 hour long try to contact I have decided to contact customer care for the same. And when I told them the complete story they said that, "Sorry. We cannot help you in this as the product is now being returning to the seller." Amazon don't even tried to help me instead they just said that, "We can't help you in this." Really frustrated because of this service of Amazon. Dear Amazon, This kind of unprofessional work is unacceptable from the company like you. Never going to buy anything from Amazon again.

Original review: June 11, 2018

First off, Amazon drivers are either dumb or illiterate. You ask them in a note in your door NOT to leave package but deliver to apt office and they leave the package anyway near the note and take a picture of it??? Smdh. Prime has gone up in price and free trial is now a 1.99 and not free anymore. A year of "Prime" is not 99.00/year, it is now 119.00? I had money in my accounts by them for choosing slower shipping as they give you credit of 5.00 and they erased it from my account. Total garbage and I'm done!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have not logged on Amazon seller's account for a while. When I logged back on, I noticed all my balance was gone. Amazon decided to remove all my money. I called twice to Amazon, each time I was on the phone more than one hour. The persons in customer service opened 2 cases for me, Amazon emailed me this: "Your case has been forwarded to another Amazon team and they will contact you regarding your question." I waited more than 2 weeks, nothing happened. At the same time, the case was closed automatically in 5 days if I did not update that. Amazon took my money...

Original review: June 9, 2018

We purchased a Danze kitchen faucet from Amazon when we were starting a remodel in Oct. The faucet arrived but it was about 6 weeks before the plumber was ready to install it. He installed it and it worked fine for about 2 months. This was a $600 faucet. I called Amazon and they told me to call Danze so I did. Danze told me that they knew the faucet was defective so they were working on a new version which they promised to ship to me in August once it was ready. I never heard from Danze in August and while they had given us a workaround back in March the faucet did not function as expected so we disconnected its automated features while we waited on the fix. I called Danze again and they advised me to request a refund from the retailer because they were unable to fix the problem so they discontinued the product and were giving refunds to the retailers.

I contacted Amazon who first refused to do anything because this was outside of their 90 day refund window. Then they promised to make it right and told me to contact the third party reseller who had actually sold it to us. We did that and the third party refused to provide a refund because it was outside of the 90 days. My advice if you are buying an expensive item that you expect to be able to depend on for multiple years, do not buy it from Amazon. Stick with a local retailer who will stand behind their products. We did call Danze again and they told us they had issued a refund to the seller who apparently just pocketed that money. Danze offered to send us a new faucet but since they no longer make one that is hands free we didn't want to go that route. We required hands free turn on for our disabled son and that was the main reason we had purchased this model.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I started receiving packages from Amazon that I did not order. After speaking to several customer service reps I found that Amazon had allowed some to open an account fraudulently under my name. They wanted to know the email address associated with the account before they would give me any information. HOW WAS I TO KNOW A FRAUDULENT EMAIL? This went on for a month before they took any action to close the fraudulent account. Beware consumers, your privacy and security means nothing to them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Amazon and it's glorified Prime is nothing but a scam and absolute RIPOFF. Every single time I order something it comes a day late and a dollar short. They are constantly pulling the "Bait and Switch" here at Amazon. If there is a dirty no good antic or any trick of the trade to get your money, you CAN be rest assured AMAZON.COM is either using it directly (aggressively) or indirectly (passive-aggressive). I can't even count how many times, even using my toes they have dropped the ball with this so-called Amazing feature called PRIME. The product are always taxed and shipped almost as slow as regular economy.

Most of the time when calling to inquire about the inferior service being received (plus paying 10+ dollars a month) *SIGH* this is when you absolutely, GET NOWHERE, but a complete infinite looping circle with customer service support. It's literally like being on the phone with a record player, playing the part over and over again that keeps skipping, on a particular part of the song you don't especially enjoy. These customer service reps are absolute untrained morons that do nothing but sit in front of a computer that dictate their every move in their little sweatshop, call centers, wearing broken headsets, getting paid a whopping 50 cents an hour, while "Jeff Bezos", on the other hand, sits on his lavish billion dollar yacht sipping on martini's while getting cooled off and fanned by 10 servants. It's actually disgusting if you really think about it.

Jeff "the man himself" Bezos, knows nothing about honor, fairness, being genuine or anything that remotely has to do with the terms of "In Good Faith" - This man "Jeff "get the money" Bezos is just all about greed greed greed... Greed isn't just "Good" with him, but rather, "GREAT!!!". He sells nothing but "Made in China" products (for the most part) with an increasingly hefty "Made in somewhere GOOD" price tag, slowly but surely increasing monetarily, by each and every month (right along with the price of "Prime" itself).

I've actually spent more time "RETURNING" items/products BACK to "Amazon" than I keep, due to it either being broken, described wrong or just plain and simple absolute Chinese made JUNK! This is the reason so many good local places are going "out of business", unfortunately. Amazon prides itself on its service and it can't even do that RIGHT! The day they start flying drones for delivery, is the day we're all doomed, taking the above already stated into consideration.

Probably why Amazon never followed through with that one, they found they actually needed "Trained" people with "SKILLS" to fly these things, not people that can barely read, and/or these outsourced, underpaid, people he sets in front of the PC, to watch his every penny bottom line, and troubleshoot on the job self training. (Amazon) is a joke, and nothing but a ripoff, that is doing nothing but ruining the true quality, in every aspect, of a business, as it integrates with the real world. Amazon is basically the underground legal chop shop of the "Retail" world. Amazon, We've had enough of your BULL, please just GOOOOO!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

When I made a purchase of bedding, I put in cotton as a filter. They showed me their own bedding brand. No big deal except it wasn't cotton. When I wrote a review saying it was mistagged in the filter, they deleted it saying it was against guidelines. Any other vendor the review would have stayed. Because it was them they deleted it three times. I did not lie nor did I insult nor did I discriminate. I kept photos of the reviews. So if they have an issue I have proof. Shame on them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Amazon sent me defective product (also product not match with Amazon product image) and they not refund my money so I want my all Amazon Pay balance to bank account but they refuse my request. In Amazon Pay balance I have added legal money (Rs.1700). So please don't add money to Amazon Pay. Amazon is very unsafe if you trouble product.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered 2 items and when it notified me that they were delivered, I checked. Nothing so I called. I was told to wait till after 5pm the next day to see if it was delivered for them to do anything. I called back after 5, 30 hours later, only to be told “we are sorry for the inconvenience but we can refund your account and give you expedited shipping when you reorder”. When I asked why the driver was not contacted to find out what happened? I was told they cannot call the drivers. I understand that but why wasn’t the driver contacted when they got back to the terminal and my package found and I called back.

I had to wait 30 hours to call and find out my package was not going to be delivered. This was for an event the following day. Now it’s after 6 and the stores are closed and I have no time to get a replacement. Why am I paying for Prime to have to wait 30 hours to report a package missing? Why was no picture or notes put on my account? Why do I have to call back. Management should have called me the evening the package was reported missing to check up and give me an update!! Very disappointed with Amazon logistics!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have Amazon Prime and probably every 4th package delivered does not have the items they were to ship in them. Horrible, horrible management of the distribution centers. Would switch shipping companies, but locked in through Prime.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We normally don’t have any issues with them when they use their own delivery drivers. This time we did. Hence the 2 star review. I would have done 1 Star. So we had packages out for delivery. I got a notice that it was delivered so I went to our porch and it wasn’t there. Went back on the app and it has a picture. Not our house. Okay. So we attempted to call them.

They were not helpful. Accused is of lying about it. Which I can understand but if they look at other pictures of delivered packages that took pictures they would have seen how different the door was. The person on the phone “couldn’t find” the account, didn’t realize a nickname was just that. Wouldn’t help. Thank God I found the package on the porch across the street. The number is 1 different but still. It’s not like you cannot see the house numbers above the garage door. Ugh. So pissed. More so that the people on the phone were not helpful at all. They wouldn’t even try to help us out. Ugh.

Original review: June 4, 2018

On 18/11/17, whilst I was out and despite a typewritten note on my letterbox not to do so, an Amazon driver posted 2 packs of sewing machine needles through my letterbox. Despite having a cage the other side to catch post etc, my dogs got hold of the needles. I extracted 1 needle from my Spaniel's mouth but was still 2 needles short. I had to take both dogs to an emergency out of hours vet to have their stomachs x-rayed to look for the needles. The spaniel had swallowed 1 and it was protruding through his stomach lining and dangerously close to his liver.

Some £2,800 later, I contacted Amazon Customer Service who stated, and I quote "Please be assured that there is no need to worry and let me take care of the issue from this situation" and "Please be assured that we are here to make things easier for you and we will do whatever we can do to prevent you from bearing any kind of loss", Amazon Legal Dept have now stated that they will not reimburse me for the outlay. They state that their website clearly states that drivers are not allowed to follow any delivery notes on customers doors, however, out of the 21 items that I have ordered through Amazon in the last 12 months, only 2 items have ever been put through the letterbox, both of which were dangerous to my dogs. All other items have been put in my locked external post box or under my green recycling box. Drivers are obviously following their own rules.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I placed an order on amazon.ca for delivery at my relatives. Amazon guaranteed me that my product will be delivered by 1st June, 2018. On 30th May, I checked the status of my order on Canada’s Post website and it stated that parcel is ready for pickup. No notification or letter was left at the delivery address. I reached Amazon regarding the issue and they assured me that there is some issues and they will resolved and my order will be delivered to my doorstep and offered me indirect bribe in form of 1 month Prime membership for free (which is of no use to me as I am not the Canadian resident).

Then on 1st June, 2018 courier guy came and dropped a notice to collect item. My relatives were to leave city on 2nd June and he is dropping letter of collection on 1st even after assurance from Amazon.ca that my item will be delivered on doorstep by 1st June. I again reached Amazon customer care for which they replied that they are extremely sorry and blah blah. In the end, item is not delivered on time and my relatives left. I have been using Amazon UK since 2011 and never ever faced any such issues. In fact the customer care is so top notch that they never even asked me for proof if I ever raised an issue with them and offered quick solutions. Amazon.ca is the most pathetic online shopping experience of my life and hopefully I will never be using it again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Just canceled my account today. My package was supposed to be delivered tonight and wasn't. I was home. No delivery, no note, no nothing. I did get an E-mail from Amazon saying that delivery was attempted, they would try again after the weekend. Did the chat to try to find out what the problem was, no interest in providing any help. Might seem small to some people, but I'm just sick of waiting a week for this "2 day delivery" I'm supposed to get with Amazon.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I had bad customer service with Amazon today. Maybe most wouldn't care about this but I do. I didn't want to use my credit card to purchase my Amazon Prime. So I went out and bought one of the Amazon gift cards. Lo and behold you can't use them. They are not authorized to be used as payment. The girl said, "Well some people save them from gifts and could use them that way". Either way you get your money, Amazon will get their money. Who cares if it is a gift card or a credit card. I found that information rather unsettling because I just put a 100 on a gift card to use to purchase my Prime. Yes I buy items often but seriously I find this ridiculous.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have been shopping many household things from Amazon since 2 years, and these days I could notice a purposeful delay of products, just because we aren't a prime members. Why don't Amazon grow up. We are buying products and you are not doing any social service to us, we are also paying for it.

Original review: May 31, 2018

What happened? I purchased 2 items on Amazon. I returned the items and cannot get a refund. I have the tracking #s and confirmation #s from Amazon. Here is what Amazon sent me. I am dealing with Synchrony Bank/Amazon. PO box 960013 Orlando Fl 32896. I will scan the tracking # and include this in the complaint. I spoke with Tyrone agent # **. Refunds: (From Amazon) "Refund ID: ** = $11.47. Refund ID: **= $10.84. I hope this information helps. We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today. Best regards, Alex ** Amazon.com." DO NOT USE THE AMAZON CREDIT CARD. THEY ARE THIEVES. THEY CHARGE YOU AND GIVE YOU A RUNAROUND.

Updated on 06/07/2018: We recently were issued a AMAZON PRIME STORE CREDIT CARD. Two products arrived that were not as described on the website (one had a price tag on it $1.78). I was charged almost $11 for this product. I returned both products separately. I called Amazon and they confirmed that the product was returned which they confirmed. Now I am spending over an hour in total to get my refunds of around $22.00. AMAZON AND SYNCHRONY BANK are BOTH SCAMS. I have requested to cancel the scam credit card and I will no longer be a member of Amazon Prime once my subscription ends. I chose to go to our local WALMART. They match Amazon price. Stay away from Amazon and Synchrony Bank.

Amazon.com Company Information