2.44/5
Based on 1,265 ratings submitted in the last year

4502 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Purchase 2 bracelets from Lucky things. Never received them. Story short AMAZON kept my refund of 49.96. I am never ever ordering nothing from them. Now I know how Jeff Bezos got rich. I rather order from WISH or WALMART now. Cheaper and better quality too.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Even with two factor authentication turned on my Amazon account was hacked and the primary address was changed to one ending in “inbox.ru”. I had to notify Amazon and they responded in two days with a canned response that the breach happened away from their systems (basically telling me it was taken by a key logged or something I did). This was definitely not the case because I received over a dozen emails of the individual trying to get a code before he was successful (I suspect by calling into support since they don’t use any secure information to identify you). Amazon offered no insight on how they made that determination not that they took my situation seriously at all. I cannot use the Echo nor can I use my primary email for anything Amazon related even a week later.

Beware before you store financial data in your account wallet or even personally identifiable data since someone with even a small amount of information can call in and take over your account. Amazon has done nothing to demonstrate that they take protecting my data seriously or adhere to any of the global data privacy laws that one would expect of a global retailer.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The Add-on program allows Amazon to offer low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to ship on their own, since they have few "brick and mortar" stores of their own to which they could deliver for customer pickup. These "add on" items ship with qualifying orders accumulating over $25. In many cases, this means you MUST accumulate purchases totaling $25 or more. Or else you cannot order the item you want. This does not apply to all Amazon orders...just the ones that are "Add on". So instead of buying stuff I don't need at the moment to aggregate $25, I went to WalMart online and purchased the same item... With NO shipping costs as I can pick up the items at my local store with no shipping charge... At a lower price to boot! WalMart is going to EAT AMAZON up! (Investors take notice.)

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Since Amazon uses various delivery systems, it's impossible to communicate delivery preferences. I've had multiple items either returned to sender or send to (in the case of UPS deliveries) other places to pick up because a driver subjectively felt it was unsafe to leave a package at my apartment door... 3 flights up, out of sight from anyone other than my one 3rd floor neighbor. I've filled out as much information as is possible on the Amazon app and website letting them know that all deliveries are safe to leave there, but it appears they neither have the capacity to communicate that with every order, or they just won't.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

In the beginning (2015) I did my due diligence in checking prices, became lazy & stopped checking. I recently checked a few items & discovered the items I checked (some dog items) were WAY more expensive than other sites. The moral of the story... check prices!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I had ordered in January some of Amazon's rechargeable batteries. They destroyed a charger and 3 of the lights I was using them in as they totally disintegrated in the charger and the lights. I took pictures of the batteries, the charger and the end of the light. They were installed in showing a tip of one of the batteries which I couldn't even get the battery out. Sent it 3 times with no response other than they'd get hold of me within 6 hours. Finally, a call to them in which they started to tell me the batteries were old and I say really, 6 months. Ultimately no resolution so I'm backing away from Amazon and going to purchase more from Walmart as they are definitely starting to compete.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Amazon is not the first website that I would order an item from. Amazon has a tendency to deliver packages days after it was scheduled for delivery. Sometimes they don’t even ship your package until the day that it was supposed to be delivered to you. If it’s an important item that you drastically need in a hurry I suggest shopping somewhere else. They are sometimes very unreliable, their customer service can use some improvement, and their delivery times are usually unpredictable to say the least.

I ordered lights to decorate my dorm room off of Amazon and I never received my order from them. When I first ordered it they told me that it would come within 4 to 5 business days: however, that was not the case. My lights did not ship until the 4th day of me waiting for them. I waited a couple days to see if my package would come. After about three days of not receiving my “shipped” package I decided that it was time to take matters into my own hands. I first called the delivery company that was supposed to drop off my package and they said that they never got a package for my address or name. I then decided to email Amazon and they replied back saying that my item was shipped to the postal service that would be delivering it. Although, they said that my items were shipped I still did not receive them days later so I decided to call the company to and find out why.

The first time I gave them a call I was on hold for at least 30 minutes waiting to talk to a representative. After being on hold for a significant amount of time, I was told that there were no available representatives to talk to at that time and that I should call the next day. The next day when I called I was on hold for a while but I finally got to talk to someone about my order. I was told that my order had been sent back because of an unknown error. I never got an email or notification saying that the order that I have been waiting on for weeks was sent back. When I asked why my order got sent back the representative told me that she was not sure why but sometimes it just happens.

When I asked for my money she told me that I had to email Amazon or go to the website and click on “about refunds” and ask back for my money there. So I emailed Amazon and asked them for a refund due to the fact that my package got canceled but I never got my money back. The next day they emailed me and said they would refund me my money back within 24 hours of my initial email. I waited for the money but it never went back into my account so I emailed them again and this time they didn’t respond until days later saying that, once again, they would send my money back to me.

After not receiving my money a second time I just decided not to worry about it and just decided to be cautious of where and what I buy online. Next time I know not to rely on Amazon so much for my online shopping. Next time I know to be cautious and what sites I shop on. If you do decide to shop on Amazon just be mindful of what you get and who the seller is that you are getting the product from.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have been shopping this site for years and have a Prime membership that included "free" shipping. I have been noticing that on many items, the Amazon price far exceeds the retail price. One product almost double retail. Amazon is NOT providing free shipping. They are covering the shipping costs in the price of the product. Buyer beware. Rethinking Prime membership.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Amazon used to be one of my favorite places to shop. It had everything I needed, conveniently ready to go, often for far cheaper than competitors. Recently though, this seems to be the case less and less. Paying for prime, (which is NOT cheap), my prime 'privileges' seem to mean less and less every day. I'm not sure Amazon even gives an entire month before they close the return window...something I am PAYING for by the way with Prime, and that window has come up more and more often as just about anyone can sell on Amazon, with no quality checks or references, and I have gotten all kinds of crap that is totally incorrectly described, doesn't work, is in bad condition, you name it. This used to be a one-off experience, but now it seems to be the norm. I am so fed up with this company.

I was increasingly irritated by their lack of ethics, but now even as a customer, I really feel like I'm not even getting my money's worth. There are so many other companies out there now that offer things like free-shipping, it's not really such an incentive for me to use Amazon for this reason anymore. Additionally, although they have many choices, it seems like the quality decreases more and more. There are many choices...of cheap crap! I feel like, as someone who actually wants my money to be used in meaningful ways, I am actually doing myself a DISSERVICE by continuing with this horrible company.

All my reasons for using it are gone: it is NOT a better value, it is NOT convenient for customers, it is NOT reliable when it comes to product description or quality. Several of my orders have been totally lost, or incredibly delayed, or even come WAY too early, before I was even at the proper spot, which has caused all kinds of issues. Trying to deal with customer service is on par with a trip to the dentist. I'm appalled, and confused as to why this company still seems to be in business, when I know I am not the only one who is getting tired of the less than acceptable experience that seems to be the staple from them these days. My advice to any sane consumer, is stay AWAY from Amazon!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered from an ink company called JARBO in December 2016. Since then they've been contacting me asking me to change my 1 star review in exchange for refunds, cash bribes and replacements. I've contacted Amazon about this on multiple occasions. Each time they say that they'll shut down the company, they'll stop the emails and so on. It's been two years and nothing has stopped. On the last instance they offered me 7 pounds credit for all the time wasted contacting them (again FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS). But more worrying still is that they quoted their usual rubbish back at me. I very much doubt that they'll do anything to JARBO. And the dishonest reviews will continue by people who HAVE accepted the bribes. Of course, this will only result in other innocent customers believing these reviews and buying bad products. Amazon doesn't care. They haven't since December 2016.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I received Bluetooth wireless earbuds, (brand Parihy) and a warranty through Amazon. Three months later, the earbuds no longer worked. I contacted the warranty company and spent an hour and a half to get through the claim process only to be told that they could not help me since the product was still under the manufacturers' warranty and I would need to contact them to repair or replace the product.

I was unable to locate any information for Parihy. The only link for this company was to AMAZON. I spent 55 minutes on the phone with a customer service representative who advised that I could send the product back and receive a refund of 20% less than the purchase price or they will issue a one time

goodwill credit of $20.00 to purchase the charging case only for the product with the 'hope' that this will rectify the issue since the complete original product is no longer available.

To the customer service representative's credit, she did attempt to offer a replacement of another Parihy product which I declined as they did not meet the same specifications of the original product which actually worked great, until they didn't. Apparently, they had a three month expiration date. I also see that the replacement product that I was offered has been rated as a 'FAIL' by REVIEW META. Lesson learned: Buyer beware...when ordering electronics from AMAZON.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Supplier not show on page but on checking found this item was supplied by Amazon EU S.A.R.L. It came boxed with a bar code on the back. So far ok. Info inside ok. But a closer look at the quality and finish raises alarms. Plus the bottom stamp fades on the right. USA isn't clearly stamped. C 18 on the bottom of the case and D 18 on the insert. Also the black paint finish looks like over spray on the outside hinge and on the inside. Will return this and purchase another Zippo from www.zippo.co.uk. Very disappointed with Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Amazon used 3rd party vendor to ship me a phone battery. They gave a message, item shipped, gave a tracking #. Now two weeks later they never had this item. Before used excuse item was delayed then item was lost.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I purchased an Item on Amazon, from OKsale company. It was a Samsung DEX station. It did not work due to alignment issues if you have a case on your Samsung Phone. I was sent an address to return, mailed unit back, Emailed OKsale twice, no reply, and then wrote to Amazon, they also would do nothing. And this is the second time. They now block me from adding any reviews. Bottom line, I am out of 60 dollars, and banned from writing reviews.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Haven't really used the product yet. - But 2 books were delivered in a small envelope rather than a solid box. No regard for the customers. The result is bent books... Way to go Amazon - Can't recommend buying from Amazon again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My last two orders: I ordered Saw Palmetto, they sent the same brand but doesn't match the product description I intended to purchased. Ordered a NEW book to give as a gift to a friend, but received a used library book. Also, when you review an item and give it low grades, you get a standard response that the review is not accepted, so I no longer bother to provide reviews. There is a noticeable drop in the recent quality of what Amazon does.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Amazon.com is the absolute worst! I have been given multiple excuses and delivery dates, including today for a Amazon Prime order I placed on 9/5/18. Horrible all around service. I will NEVER order anything from them again!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

"Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product. Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased." This is the message I get every time I try to review a purchase. I do not have previous reviews of every purchase I have ever made. I do not know why I have been barred from reviewing my purchases and to top it off, another message I received said the decision was irrevocable. I have made a lot of purchases and have only had one issue trying to get a refund for something I never received (I eventually got the refund). I like purchasing from Amazon and will continue. This no review issue has me puzzled.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I've been a loyal Prime member for several years. On average, I'd say that I probably order 1-2 products via Amazon/month. This past year, for whatever reason, I've had issues with quite a few items in that they were defective, damaged, leaking, not as described, etc. I've probably had to call customer service 4-5 times to complain about an issue within the past year. Each and every time, the experience is STELLAR. The entire process is quick, easy and to the point. Every associate is kind, helpful and immediately offers a refund or credit, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I've always immediately been given refunds on every single item and it is so appreciated. It really doesn't get much better than this, people. Keep it up, Amazon!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Had 3 orders w/ Amazon. 2 products and 1 Home services, products all mispackaged (cut myself open on broken glass) and home services didn't show up AT ALL (looking online company was VERY VERY shady).

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased a CamelBak K.U.D.U. 20 hydration pack and when I got it everything looked fine until I started looking at the pictures advertised and I realized mine looked different. The one advertised had Orange mesh on the Back and the one I got had Black Mesh in the Back. Every website I looked at the same thing. They all had Orange Mesh. I emailed Amazon to resolve the issue and now they want me to return the one I received and now I can’t even get a replacement because the price has increased by $58.00. I just wanted the product I ordered.

Amazon sent me some kind of knock off thinking I wouldn’t notice. This isn’t the 1st issue I have had with them. This is ridiculous how this big Corporations keeps getting richer by ripping off the little guys. They should be ashamed on how they treat their customers. Just be aware if you order from Amazon. You double check your orders because once you receive it it becomes your problem because customer service is a joke that doesn’t help at all.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Not happy with Amazon and their so-called customer service. Received tracking number but product never came. I contacted Amazon and they said that they would contact the 3rd party seller to let them know. All I got from the seller was the tracking number which I already had but informed them I had the tracking number but have not received package. I contacted the USPS which a investigation and determined that they could not locate it. Contacted Amazon customer service for the second time to be told they would contact the seller. I am getting the same answer and am doing their work! Bring C.S. back to USA! This is not working...

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I have been a customer of Amazon's for many years; I am also a Prime member as well. In the last year I have experienced severe delays, in shipments, from the OnTrac carrier that they are now using. I have complained to OnTrac and to Amazon, repeatedly about this severe issue. OnTrac always tells me that they are having an issue with the driver, or that they don't know where the shipment is. They tell me that they will call me back and they never do. Amazon told me they would use another carrier and they used USPS one, or two times and then they reverted back to using OnTrac again. They continually tell me, "There is nothing that we can do." Over and over and over and over again I get told that OnTrac is taking care of the problem and yet they never do. I get told that Amazon has no control over their carriers. I get told that there is NO solution at all.

So, the bottom line is that I am a Prime member who is paying for a 1-2 day delivery guarantee and I am continually receiving my shipments days, to a week late. And still I am repeatedly told that there is NOTHING that Amazon can do about it. OnTrac is a carrier that does not deliver shipments on time and continually has problems with their drivers/deliveries, etc. and therefore I do not want Amazon to use them to deliver my Prime deliveries to me, because they never get here on time. It should be pretty simple for Amazon to find a solution for me, but they do not care to do that.

I am beyond frustrated and disgusted at the total lack of concern for my continual problem with OnTrac and Amazon. Amazon used to have amazing customer service, but now it seems that they have gotten so big that they find it a totally normal response to say to a long-term customer, that there is nothing that they can do about the problem at hand. They can take my money for Prime to deliver my shipments in 1-2 days and they can contract with a sub-par carrier to deliver my shipments to me late and then do NOTHING about it... repeatedly??? WRONG.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I would definitely rebuy but in a different size. The color is nice, but the fit wasn’t that tight. It was more of a roll down type swimsuit when I sit down. Overall it is a good bathe suit and I would recommend this.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My family has been a Prime member for years. We order a lot through Amazon, and have usually been satisfied. My recent order of a Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse changed that. The order was placed with next day shipping but took a week to arrive. When I opened the box, I could immediately see that the mouse was used, even though the product description and invoice listed it as new. There were no instructions, the seals on the packaging were broken, and there were scuff marks on the buttons. When I called customer service to arrange a refund, I also stated that I wanted to file a formal complaint, since I felt passing a used product as new was deceptive. After waiting on hold, the representative told me that the link to file a complaint has been removed, so she could not send it to me. That's why I'm posting here.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I am a current Prime member & I wish I had great things to say; however I do not! All my Amazon Prime orders used to come in decent packaging boxes with lots of airbags, but not anymore. Over the past year 99% of my Prime purchases have arrived in flimsy paper vanilla, or plastic envelopes that offer little shipping protection. As for Amazon customer service I have seen it go from top notch to horrid!! When I need to speak to a customer rep. or a supervisor I can expect to make at least THREE calls in order to speak to an individual who can fluently speak English. Recently Amazon sent me an e-mail informing me my Prime rate is going up another $20.00... for what even worse packaging/customer service? The ONLY reasons I keep my Prime account is for streaming video & music.

I have begun to shop more often with Walmart.com (their sales have risen by 40% this year) & I must say they provide competitive pricing, excellent packaging & superb customer service; unlike Amazon. Furthermore, even though I am a Prime member I am frequently finding better deals off Walmart.com too! In addition, as a Prime member I get a "30" day return policy vs. Walmart.com's "90" day policy?? Sorry Mr. Bezos I am not paying for your rocket program LOL! I have become so disgusted with Amazon's cutting corners on their so called Prime member "sales", packaging/customer service I pulled every review I posted on their site. FYI "**" WAS my Amazon review name.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have been using Amazon Prime for a while now and was loving it. Next best thing to getting something from a brick and mortar, and in some cases thanks to what used to be guaranteed 2 day shipping, it was actually better. Over the past 30 plus days though I can no longer make that claim. Order after order is delayed by days or even weeks now. My last order has been a nightmare and Amazon has reordered this item for me a 3rd time now! This item was a calculator I needed over a week ago that was sold and delivered by Amazon Prime.

I think they may have switch to an internal delivery service to save money. If that's the case, I can say confidently that this is the most inept carrier service I have ever come across. Repeated delays in shipping lead times, items not showing up when expect, or at all. Apparently the first package was reported destroyed by the carrier when it was out for delivery. Probably not going to renew my Amazon membership now, no point. Can we just go back to the brick and mortar stores please?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

On or about August 3, 2018 my Amazon account was hacked. I was on vacation at the time on the East Coast USA. When I returned home on August 7, I contacted customer service. I was told my account could not be found. The rep was unable to provide me with much info and I was told I would get an email on resetting my password. August 9th, no email, I call again. This time I am able to glean more info. There have been purchases made which I have not made. There has also been a two step verification set up on this account which I have not done. So the hackers were able to steal my account and secure it! With this information, I closed all my payment accounts associated with Amazon. As I found out this was after they racked up $700 against my Amazon store card.

I called on 8/13, 8/15, 8/27, 8/29, 9/3. All with no resolve to my account. On my last call I ended up speaking to two supervisors. Mid call on both they suddenly could not hear me. Nothing has been resolved. I have lost hundreds of videos and Kindle books. I don't know where else to go to assure my old account can be closed permanently since they do not believe me that I did not set up the authentication procedure. I am amazed with as big as Amazon is that they have been so deficient in resolving my issue. If there was a competitor to Amazon, they would be getting my business.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I purchase many Kindle eBooks - Lately I've been receiving several promotional credits based on my purchases. I can't find these credits anywhere in my account. When contacting AMZ CS, I find I have other credits but had no idea I had them and they could not tell me how to see them or how to use them. This is a scam - provide credits but then there is no way to see them or apply them - they say they will be automatically applied to my purchases - which they are not. How can a company apply credits and keep them SECRET!! Ridiculous feel good scam.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My wife has an account with Amazon.com. I don't need an account, as she shares hers with me. My complaint is that they do not care about where they put our deliveries. My concern is that if they just leave the package at the top of the stairs, (as they ALWAYS do) everyone will assume: A: We are not home and therefore an open place to rob. or B: They see the package there (we live in a senior mobile home park) and figure it's easy pickings for them to take. Now we've had packages stolen that were left for us by FedEx and other delivery services before, so I'm not just some fussbudget. We contacted those services and told them to leave the stuff in a big, closed wicker basket on our porch. They all comply and nothing has been stolen since.

My wife and I have called Crapazon over 8 times and asked them to ring the bell first, and if no answer, to put it in the basket. NOT ONCE have their drivers done this. They don't ring the bell. They just throw the damned thing on the porch. I just don't get it! Do these people care or do they have so much business that if they lose a customer here and there it doesn't matter. Does anyone know why they don't care? Anyways, thanks for at least letting me vent this off. We'll probably not use these morons anymore after all this BS anyway.

Amazon.com Company Information