2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5
Based on 5,338 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Amazon customer service is horrible now, don't even understand why they have it. Won't shop there anymore. Once upon a time it seemed like they actually cared but now it's all just a big bunch of runarounds.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I ordered a set of nerf bars on April 3 on Amazon.com. I just got a email today saying It is canceled Due to a lack of availability. I think that’s just wrong... I’ve been a Prime member for years now and this is how they're treating us.

Original review: April 10, 2021

The carrier reported to me that the package was delivered to the wrong house. The carrier reported to Amazon that they need an extra day. Meanwhile, my 400 dollars worth of clothing for spring and baby monitor is MIA. Because the carrier asked for an extra day, Amazon is unwilling to do anything. I told them I don't want the package anymore. I'm sure the house that received it has opened it. Since I have no idea of the COVID status of that house - telling me you will go to that house and retrieve the package is ridiculously irresponsible. Refusing to refund or replace my package is further ridiculousness. Having to depend on a ** company like this for the things I need because my local stores are closed, out of business and/or are not allowed to sell the items I need is a kick in the ** in the middle of this stupid pandemic.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Worst customer services by Amazon agents with false promises and commitment. Agent names are Tanzeem, Samriddhi, Manju, Badeeulah (he is more worst). These are the worst agents with false commitment. I have ordered a gift item in Prime on April 3rd 2021 and till date there is no update on the same. Whenever I contact above worst agents they always given a wrong commitments by delivering tomorrow or today and I hold all the screenshots whatever they committed. In fact I called delivery agent. He denied there is no such product on your name as well.. It means you guys just fooling. Keeping a name called AMAZON. Im posting everywhere in social networks along with the snapshots of your agents.

Original review: April 7, 2021

The worst company ever for trying to resolve an issue! It is stupid hard to reach a real person to voice a complaint and get resolution! I have tried leaving my number for them to call me back to no avail! Their online chat is with a computer that has no compassion or even a brain! Come on Amazon, spend some of that money and truly take care of your customers! And do NOT use the COVID excuse as this is your norm!

Amazon.com Company Information