3.9/5 (888 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: July 17, 2022

I have been ordering from Amazon forever it seems. I just purchased 2 Honda Generators and a lot of accessories for them. Some of my orders to my home are for thousands of dollars and I get a little nervous when UPS drops my generators without ringing the doorbell! That’s not AMAZON'S fault of course. Amazon does a fantastic job of speedy, very easy ordering on their website. The site is a work of art in that it just works right every order I place! I love Amazon and I think Jeff Bezos is under appreciated!

Talk about how easy it is to return….say a pair of shoes that don’t fit right….just put them back outside your door and they are whisked away back to Amazon and you are refunded immediately! Amazon prices must be scrutinized and compared to get the best prices. But I pay less than I would in person at the stores with Amazon Prime 5% back, discounted prices on top of that and free shipping and really fast delivery times! FANTASTIC. I saved hundreds of dollars on my Honda Generators, what a pleasant surprise! Plus I can buy extended warranties on my generators, accessories and extended run fuel tanks etc etc.

Thanks to Jeff Bezos for developing online shopping to such a high degree of integrity! Love it! That Prime membership, comes with free movies, music wow! I can just go on and on. CUSTOMER SERVICE reminds me of Apple Support, FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE! They actually help you, can you believe that in this day and age! Try calling AT&T, or Western Union, or your bank! Haha. Amazon RULES online commerce. Try it if you have not, you will be very happy.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

A person does need to be careful what they purchase on Amazon. I read the information extensively before I click the process button. Making sure you are purchasing what you think you are purchasing is very important. Looking around and checking prices to make sure you couldn't get a better deal elsewhere, but also taking into consideration what it would cost to have it shipped from another company. Amazon has a great selection of practically anything a person could want. I love how I buy anything from books to clothing to groceries.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

While maligned by many, Amazon comes through. Deliveries can be in less than one day to no more than a week. Amazing. Especially when you can't find the product locally or something you may not even know existed. The variety is endless and prices are acceptable when you consider free shipping. Amazon complies with delivery instructions and products are handled with care. Tracking could be improved by real-time display, but, generally comes within the specified time frame. Delivery times are a bit overbroad for routine routes, but, this is forgivable for overall performance.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Overall if you need something and can't find it, go to Amazon they have just about everything. Usually it is cheaper than anywhere else. But remember that you get what you pay for. It's extremely important to read the description and the reviews. But you also need to remember that just because one person has an issue, doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. Amazon has a really good refund policy so that you don't get taken by shady people. Yeah I have received junk but the overall quality has been awesome. Most products have a 2 day delivery time. Just make sure you check to see when the delivery date is. I think way too many people get hostile because they don't read the delivery date.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I use Amazon.com on a regular basis. The delivery options are fantastic. They give you a choice of days, where to place your deliveries at your home, and where to deliver your packages if you're not going to be home. I also like the follow up email with picture of the delivery. If there's a delay with your delivery, you are given the option of a replacement or a cancelation with a correction on your account. Concerns are handled in a timely manner and to your satisfaction. The tracking option is a welcome plus because of the detailed information. I can find everything I need on Amazon.com. I highly recommend Amazon.com. Happy shopping!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Amazon did it again... They have horrible, stupid delivery drivers and terrible delivery techniques. I recently ordered items and paid Extra to have them delivered the next day, but twice now in the past month they committed fraud and ripped me off of the extra money that I sent them. Someday some other company will come along and be true to the customer, not their management. I DON'T recommend Amazon at all.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Amazon Prime use to offer 1-2 day shipping. Not anymore! They are forcing 3rd party sales trying to corner the market and making false claims for Prime members. I haven’t received a minimum 2 day delivery in over a month. They are forcing 3rd party sales and they ship the items USPS or FedEx, the slowest shippers in the country. Cutting back on warehouse Amazon facility stock. I ordered 1157 LED BULBS shipped from China??? It’s been over 3 weeks now. Go figure! If Amazon would like to challenge my statement you know how to contact me. I’ve emailed Jeff several times and he seems to be the only one to care, after it’s too late. Amazon is going downhill fast and not worth paying Prime membership.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I was looking for a neck ice pack and the agent was helpful but her supervisor was rude and had an arrogant attitude towards me, She even went as far as disconnecting my call. Bravo Amazon in this era of a pandemic that is not wise. Amit ** Anaheim, Ca.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Had my Amazon account for years. After trying to login unsuccessfully, they tell me acct is on hold. Clearly someone may have tried to use my account. The only thing I can see is a phone # showing last two digits not matching mine. They tell me a specialist will contact me via email. Then they give me the last four digits of a credit card I do NOT even own. Specialist tells me to submit id verification online in acct. Very funny, I cannot ACCESS acct...duh. I call c.s. back yet again... They say they will send email to specialist again. Another contact from specialist WITH SAME results...telling me to send id verification VIA Amazon account... I try for the heck of it to sign on...to NO AVAIL.... Um excuse me SPECIALISTS....I cannot ACCESS MY ACCOUNT, HENCE me contacting you in THE FIRST PLACE and this is a catch-22 and a RUN AROUND.

I am a senior citizen with A-1 EXCELLENT credit rating.... Go on do a credit check on me. I have ZERO reason to play around with my own account. YOU, Amazon are treating ME like the criminal here rather than the VICTIM and are NOT doing a darn thing about it. SHAME on AMAZON. A co. so BIG they don't give a darn about one old lady here. SHAME on YOU.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I've been an Amazon customer for 12 years, and a Prime member for about 10. Until now, I've had few problems with the company. I'm not a serious reviewer. Over these years, I've written a total of 96 reviews for products. (This nowhere near matches the amount of product I've bought from them, I just don't write reviews for everything I buy).

So, yesterday I get an email from Amazon telling me that they've detected one or more of my reviews violates their terms of service and should this continue, I could lose my ability to review products on Amazon, and that "I should consider this my first warning". They then provide a link to the "terms of service page". The problem is that they don't tell me WHAT reviews they may be talking about, or WHAT the violations are.

Although I am not a serious Amazon reviewer, I always put thought and care into my reviews, trying to make them fair, even finding something good to say if I have to leave a bad review. I don't believe I've broken any rules, but that's not really my problem. My problem is that they don't tell me what I supposedly did wrong! If they told me, "Hey, this review about the hammer you bought violates terms X and Y", I would be fine with that. Their company, their rules. But it's apparently Amazon's policy to play this game where they tell you nothing. So now, why should I ever bother writing a review again? They basically just spit in my face with this email that gives me my "first warning" but can't be bothered to specify what I supposedly did wrong. It's Infuriating.

At first I looked for an easy way to contact them about this but wound up in a maze of options, none of which seemed to be appropriate. I did some Googling and learned that MANY people have had this problem, and especially, had their reviews taken down for reasons they will never know. Many have been shocked to find they are blocked from leaving reviews at all. These people HAVE contacted Amazon over their deleted reviews, and very few seem to get any real answers, just computer-generated responses. (A few got their reviews reposted). Many of these people are serious reviewers, having written hundreds of Amazon reviews.

I'm just furious and disgusted over the situation. Thank God I didn't write hundreds of reviews the way other people have. So I deleted all 96 of my reviews, and will never write another review for Amazon. Just a heads up to the folks out there putting great effort into carefully writing their Amazon reviews: You could be wasting your time in the most frustrating way.

Amazon.com Company Information