2. Shopping

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5
Based on 3,707 ratings submitted in the last year
Sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

With Amazon you can leisurely shop in the comfort of your own home for just about anything. Amazon automatically shows other items for you to compare so you don't have to keep searching for a better price, etc. Shipping costs are usually free or very inexpensive. They save items you previously viewed. You can add items to a wish list or cart to purchase a later date. You can review all of your past orders. Your payment methods are stored securely in your account.

When your item arrives and for some reason you have to return it, you click on return on your orders page next to the item you are returning and you are emailed a return label and then you ship it for free at UPS or go to a Kohl's store and return shipping is free! Once the return is in process, your payment account is credited before Amazon even gets the item back. The prices of items are extremely competitive. When you need to contact customer service you get an immediate response and they help you in every possible way! Need I say more?

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I am very happy with all my purchases since I have been shopping on Amazon website. I never had to return any of my items. I buy for myself, any member of my family and friends. I like how I can zoom in to see the photos of the item that I am purchasing from all angles. This helps very much with the decision making if I will really make the purchase. Description of the product as well. I like how I can track my items while it’s in transit to me. The convenience of shopping online is the best. You can get just about everything by shopping online on Amazon. The option to pick up my package at locations nearest to me is great. I just love Amazon Prime as well. How can I forget that???? I recommend Amazon to anyone that I come in contact with and they’re looking to make a purchase. I always say look ???? it up on Amazon from the comfort and the convenience of wherever you are. Make your purchase and it will come right to your door.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I absolutely love Amazon. Their selections, prices, notifications and returns are so easy and customer friendly. I am a disabled veteran with metal rods and screws in my lower back. My resistance to the cold is very low and the cold can be painful. I only bought Christmas presents in a store for 2 of my 14 grandchildren. I was also able to avoid the post office by having 4 gifts sent directly to 2 distant states.

I have had a few returns and I love how easy it is to send them back. Some I just print a label, repack and leave for my mailman and others I take to a local Kohl's. I do not have to package it up, I just show the QR code Amazon has sent (I show it on my phone or you can print it). It is only a few hours and the money is back in my account. Kohl's will give you your return receipt and a 25% off in store coupon good for a week. Savvy, aren't they. LOL. I have had a few issues that required a phone call directly to Amazon and have been taken care of with courtesy, friendliness and a quick resolution of the problem. As you can see I am in love with Amazon and will continue to buy a $5 or less item or a $1000 plus item. You just can't go wrong!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

We have shopped Amazon for years and always find them a pleasure do deal with. We live in a isolated area where there is no shopping unless you want to drive over 200 miles to the stores. It really doesn't matter because Amazon can deliver what we want or need when we want it and accepts returns without any hassles. You may find a product for less money at other places but when you figure tax and shipping it always comes in higher than with Amazon. We have bought a few items of clothing throughout the years and have also returned some. Other than this they are where we shop. We buy paper products from them as well, such as stables for house. We always check other outlets first but always end up going to Amazon.

After many years of shopping with this store, without a doubt we know for a fact that we do not have any worries about a return or refunds with this outlet. If we have any issues we can always rely on a Rep. taking care of it without any stress on our part. They have always come through 100% for us. There just isn't any online store like this one for shopping for they cover anything one might want to buy, all lines of any product you are interested in along with reviews which greatly help in making decisions to purchase. They continue to be our number one online for us, can't see that ever changing.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I bought tires through Amazon through a 3rd party and when my tires were delivered they were the wrong size. I called Amazon to report I was sent wrong size and they said I would have to send them back and get my refund but their policy says 3rd party has to pay to return product but they are now saying I have to pay to return them and I can get my refund. But then I filed the A to Z claim and they said the same thing. I just talked to the supervisor and he was a rude and lying person ever.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

It started a few days ago when we discovered fraud on our debit card to the tune of over $550.00. Someone had opened two more accounts using our card, they did flag the second account and put a hold on it but the first fraudulent account was still active. After multiple calls to the CSR then speaking with Supervisors, we asked for a call back from their fraud department. We only received back emails from them stating no issue was found with our account (no call) and no way to email them back. No. There is no issue with the original account. The issue is with the fact that someone was able to open two more accounts with our card number using a different phone number and email address and it didn't get flagged.

The most difficult pill to swallow is when push came to shove the Fraud department couldn't be bothered to make a phone call to sort out what is truly going on. Amazon is a massive company that should have safeguards in place to identify when the same card with different personal information is used, in fact, the only way to find the other accounts was by the CRS doing a search of the card number because nothing else matched.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I want to score them higher because they have a lot to offer, customer service has been helpful on the few occasions I've needed them and with Prime I get free shipping. Here's the catch - the shipping and delivery portion of the order is so awful that it supersedes and cancels out the good. When you order something from other sites, it gives you a delivery date and that's it; the item is there as expected. With Amazon it's a crapshoot! Very, very few orders ever show up on time and that's inexcusable.

The cost of shipping is built into the cost of my membership, so remember nothing is free. They give you no recourse for late shipments. I order things with plenty of time but when you're expecting a delivery it should be there. My daughter's birthday present is already TWO DAYS late and the only offer is a refund, but then they reverse the shipment and that's not feasible because I still need the product. They shouldn't be allowed to charge you a fee if they don't hold up their end of the agreement. I'm not ordering from them anymore. It's time to get back to shopping small, local businesses again. Bye, Amazon

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have been a long time customer of Amazon's - like many others, and I intend to remain so. Although Amazon itself is excellent in every aspect their Amazon Store Card Dept. is severely lacking. Upon registering an account for the Amazon Store card - at the very beginning - I allocated my payments to non-promo's first. Since then, regardless of whether there was a promo expiring in 60 days or not - my payments were allocated to the promos first. I watch my account very closely so as not to incur interest, and each time my payment was allocated incorrectly I was forced to wade through the myriad of recordings to contact a human being at this department and have my payment re-allocated. Well, that's not entirely true, many times I had to wade through Sydney's questions to chat with a live agent and once I sent a message but to no avail.

I just got off the phone with the Manager of this department; actually I hung up. First I had to clarify just who it was I was talking to. I record names, whether I have an issue or whether I am thanking someone for a job well done. Couldn't understand his name. Perhaps he thought I was merely messing with him. Far as I could understand I believe his name was David? Lavid? Laveed?? I was agitated and frustrated (you name it, I was that too) from the constant calls and chats with these folks. I started calmly enough (calmly enough in my present state) - certainly didn't yell through the phone or swear at this gentleman, but his manner and tone were not conducive to me remaining so. He lowered his voice several times and mumbled unintelligibly. I questioned him the first time, he perked up and confirmed I had heard him right (I think), then lowered his voice and mumbled something again - quick and rushed.

When he spoke slowly he was clearly understandable. I didn't catch his mumblings but I can only assume it wasn't something I didn't particularly want to hear in the first place. My agitation grew. He placed me on hold at one point, which I had no objection to, and when he returned he stated, "Thank you for holding. I appreciate your patience". I waited for him to continue. If it was my bad for not responding; okay, but I did not believe a response was required. He immediately started in with, "can you hear me, hello, can you..." game (which became absurd), of which I was replying to him. Finally he confirmed he could hear me and like any other red blooded American I asked if he too could hear me. He replied, "you can hear me, I can hear you, let's move on". Very quickly. Very rushed. Call me an idiot for apparently he thought I was. I ended the call.

Without a doubt, companies all over the world receive heated calls from their customers and although I agree they should not have to put with with being swore at and/or browbeaten (neither of which I did), I would think they would have had the training and forbearance to understand a customer's frustration and handle it accordingly. I have been in this situation before and competent managers were able to put things into their proper perspective - without insulting me, and resolve my issue. Sometimes not to my satisfaction - but I was willing to accept the outcome solely due to the manner in which my issue was regarded and how I was treated. I mentioned before I was agitated and rightfully so. I had a valid issue. I have an Amazon Store and Amazon Visa card. I use my store card extensively. However, since neither the store card nor the visa card assist me in my efforts to breathe - I dare say, I can and will continue on without them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I ordered a very expensive soaking tub from Amazon Dec. 13th. It had a delivery date of Dec. 30th. The product did not come with no correspondence. Amazon said to contact the shipping company of NSD, so I called and they stated they had not received the product from Amazon. I called Amazon back AGAIN and was told it was in transport and would be given to NSD by Jan. 7th. I reached out to NSD twice before finally getting a delivery date of Jan. 12.

The tub was delivered damaged. I contacted Amazon about a replacement and they refused to replace the item stating it was from a third party and was not available at the price I paid. After arguing with Amazon for forty five minutes and being transferred to four people I was told to return the tub and replace the order and Amazon would do a price difference refund. I told the agent that I would have to wait on the refund because I did not have the very expensive amount of the product just sitting around in my account.

I was able to finally re-place the order today, Jan. 14th, and reached out to Amazon to receive my price difference refund only to be told I AGAIN wasted my time. I was AGAIN transferred to three different agents and told I would have to wait for the refund until the product was delivered to me for the refund. Amazon seriously needs to review their customer service practices for damaged products. It is ridiculous for the customer to have to go through all the time it takes to have a product replaced when it came damaged!! Beware consumers!!

Amazon.com Company Information