2.67/5
Based on 1,305 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

4377 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

OKAY, so I tried to call them to cancel my Prime subscription which sounds easy. Few minutes later, an Indian lady picked up the phone with a huge Indian accent, that's okay since I have an accent too. She started to ask me the email address, I said, "... @gmail.com", okay, I just forgot how to pronounce "@", so I just said the symbol usually comes with email, She DOESN'T KNOW!!! And the worse thing was, she asked me if I can describe the symbol for her, like what it looks like, and she kept asking me three times just to describe the ''@'' for her, ** that **, that was really insulting. I couldn't believe Amazon has such a low educated, stupid, rude customer service. Jeez, cry! Btw, her name is Janice, I wish I could record it and share this to everyone.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been a loyal customer since I was in high school. You helped to find the perfect prom dress and the best prices for knick knacks in my nerdy fandoms. College came along and I found helpful books for my classes. After about 6+ years of being a customer I found that I have enjoyed being a reviewer of your products! Other customers had started rating my reviews as helpful and it gave me personal pride to be an Amazon customer.

Three weeks ago I found that I have been banned from making reviews because one review mentioned that I didn't receive the correct product however I was responded to immediately and was given a refund. I was trying to give a positive perspective to Amazon saying that the product was great but also the service was great and to trust ordering it even though I had an issue. Apparently the guidelines state you can't give credit to the seller. I was unaware of this until after the fact. Yes, I made a mistake in not double checking the guidelines. However, instead of being asked to revise my review. I have been completely banned from writing any reviews at all.

It took two to three weeks to be contacted by a representative of the review team after sending them several emails and calls. The response was extremely rude and stated that I will not be given a second chance at writing any reviews all because I made one mistake and was not contacted to fix it. (Every email I personally received said my review had been posted. So I didn't think anything of it. When I get an email saying that it doesn't meet guidelines I try to revise it so it does so that I can further help people.) The letter accused me of being biased about my reviews (which were all positive or close to based on personal experience with the product.) Ending with that any further contact to them will not be responded to.

I love Amazon but this experience has really hurt me as a customer. I take pride in helping others and I have only meant to be honest and helpful. I don't feel that it's fair to revoke someone of something that they have been doing for years, especially when those reviews have been found helpful by so many other customers in the past. All that I'm asking is to be reasoned with over one mistake instead of getting accused to being biased and banned over a single post. I would hope you guys to have better customer service than this towards your loyal customers. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 18, 2018

While checking my catalog listings for books I had published, I came across one which showed that it was part of an old series I had discontinued. I had already made sure that the ISBN and distribution listing through my printer were corrected. I emailed Amazon showing the error, but received a no-reply form reply telling me to contact my distributor about it. Since it takes less than 5 minutes to correct one of their listings I could not understand why I should be receiving such a letter when I had already informed them of the change once I saw the listing.

After 3 rounds of frustration at this, I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I hope to receive some kind of explanation of Amazon's refusal to comply. In any case, the listing is misleading and may delay or prevent sales of the book. I would not publish any books on Amazon but my distributor's contract prevents me from pulling them off. Amazon has not sold any ebooks for me since December of last year, so I have unpublished them. It would appear that this is not the same Amazon as I came to know in 2006. They have lost all credibility and their bad customer service reflects their low estimation of their sellers, buyers, and Prime members. As an independent seller I would not use Amazon to sell from if I can help it. Amazon has proved to be untrustworthy.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased this Kickers 8" subwoofers for my 2007 Toyota Sequoia which didn't fit, I requested a return. Amazon sent me all paperwork for the return. I placed all labels on the box and dropped it off at the post office. And it's been more than a month and I haven't received my money back. They even sent me a email from A to Z warranties. Hehehe saying that they will take care of it. I just got an email from them today saying that my case will be close if I don't give them info about tracking number, etc. Which I gave them. What I reply is the that I don't have the speakers and neither the money because they stole it from me. What can we do?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have been trying to get a refund based upon a cancelled order that transpired over 10 days ago. I have spoken to the merchant, my credit card company, and Amazon Pay where I was ultimately directed to call. Amazon Pay admitted fault in that their many of their refunds were “stuck”. They could not give me a definitive answer as to when or if I would get my money back. I was also promised a return call today (Tuesday) by Tracey on Friday, but she did not call me back at the promised time. The lady I spoke to today from Amazon Pay could not answer any of my questions only admit fault.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I'm no longer allowed to leave reviews or comments on Amazon because they say that I am either a relative to a seller or took a gift in exchange for a review or that I asked for something free in exchange for a review when I am not a relative to anyone on there nor have I received anything free. I am actually really insulted that I have been unfairly accused of something like that because I hate when people do that exact thing. I would never stoop so low. What aggravates me the most is that I am not allowed to discuss this with them, the email said that the case was closed and there is nothing I can do and I am banned for life.

So, I obviously won't be spending any more of my money there. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for years now so it actually kinda hurts. I feel like I went to trial and was judged without me even knowing or being allowed to defend myself but oh well I guess I'll spend my money at other websites. I just wish they would have shown me just what exactly it was that I supposedly did, I at least deserve to know that much.

Original review: July 17, 2018

When I first started using Amazon four years ago, it went great. It was reliable and worth the membership. Now Amazon has begun to fail miserably. My Subscribe and Save items have been delayed or not delivered for 3 months in a row and the customer service representative said “we can give you $5.” I have had to spend extra money on diapers and wipes because of Amazon’s complete failure to keep up. I have decided to go through WALMART for these items now. Not only has Amazon failed at getting items shipped on time, but they have now INCREASED their membership fee.

Considering how poorly they’re doing, I’m surprised they would increase the fee. It’s not worth it to get Amazon Prime because half the items are late. Considering Amazon is supposed to be know for “free and speedy delivery”, I’m disgusted with the service I have received. My mom’s orders have repeatedly been delayed and never delivered, and she has not been compensated. I canceled my Subscribe and Save and have decided to use another source for my child’s diapers and wipes.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Amazon business practices are the worst. They ran out of inventory and claimed the product was lost or damaged. They went as far as giving assurances that the product would be delivered 2 days later. Then sent an email to say it was undeliverable. The Leadership agent Teeja was rude and refused to provide a manager after being asked over 8 times. The Supervisor MJ made promises they could not follow through on. This is an ongoing issue of Bait and Switch with Amazon. They have lost sight of the customer and only respond to the price tag. It is a shame what it has come down to.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I recently got a letter from Amazon Customer Service stating that I had violated Community Review Guidelines. After years of posting reviews for virtually every one of over 200 purchases, I'm no longer allowed to review. I read the guidelines word for word and found NONE that were applicable to me. This bogus accusation, along with the "This decision is final" gavel pounding, and the insinuation that Amazon had no intention of entertaining ANY dialogue about the decision is a most remarkable display of arrogance.

Isn't it interesting that one would get a scalding notice from a Customer Service Dept. that basically states you've breached some protocol, but that SAME department disallows mature dialogue in one's own defense?? Having no forum for an appeal is chutzpah in the extreme! When exactly did Customer Service leave the room, and where was I when it happened?? I've since told everyone I know about this treatment, and will likely quit Amazon.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I think this company has put so many other companies out of business. They think they've got it made and no longer have to try. Nowadays, they try to frustrate customers to the point they give up asking for refunds when refunds are definitely due, and make the customer pay for THEIR mistakes. I've been a customer for around a decade, spending thousands every year. Twice now in the last year I've had something shown on the orders page as delivered that I have not received. I have a pretty good neighborhood but when delivery people leave boxes in plain view instead of ringing the bell and waiting for a signature, even when there are cars in the driveway, then they are just asking for things to get taken.

Over the years, the few times that something was stolen or misdelivered and kept by a neighbor, Amazon simply credited my account, and told me to reorder the item. That's how it should be, because I, the customer, have done nothing wrong. Whether they take it up with the delivery service or not is up to them. But both times in the last year, they've begun to do it differently. Instead of crediting me, they are holding up hoops for ME to jump through. They are asking for police reports, putting the onus on me to see this through.

First of all, we don't even know for sure an item was delivered or if the driver made a mistake (intentional or unintentional), so involving out police force is stupid and a waste of resources. They have more important things to do than to be forced to create paperwork over something we don't even KNOW happened. The first time this happened I did as they asked, and after filing the report online and linking them to it, they refunded my money. Really? That act did nothing but appease Amazon. It provides no new information whatsoever. They simply hope that if they begin doing that, a certain percentage of customers will say, screw it, and take the loss themselves. Nice way to treat long time loyal customers. I hope the new tax laws kill this company. They truly deserve it for their increasing arrogance.

Original review: July 16, 2018

After dealing with pain from an old mattress that terribly needed replaced, I ordered a new one that was to be delivered and installed. I discovered that my very old bed frame would not support the new mattress, so I needed to find something to replace it quickly. As a long time Amazon customer and a Prime member, I decided to see if they had any options that could arrive quickly. I found the Novogratz Her Majesty Upholstered Linen Bed that claimed Prime shipping and 2-3 days to ship out (now it says 1-2). It seemed like a perfect deal and I thought the stress of finding something was over. Friday rolled around and the bed still had not shipped. I called Amazon's customer service to find out what was going on. At that point the mattress was supposed to be delivered the coming Monday.

The customer service person was unhelpful and told me that the order could not be cancelled and that it was shipping (even though it did not even ship until the following Tuesday). I told him the bed didn't do me any good after Monday and asked what I was supposed to do. He told me I had to wait until it shipped and have it intercepted or I had to watch for the delivery person and reject the delivery. I then spent the weekend changing my plans and running around locally trying to find a bed frame that would accommodate the new mattress. I tried several times to cancel the order using the online tools but it would not cancel.

Finally on Tuesday, the day after I had to install the locally purchased bed frame and after the mattress delivery, I received a shipping notification. I called Amazon again and was told that they were going to try to intercept the order from UPS. After that I wrote a review on the product explaining what had happened and that the item says prime shipping but is not so that people who needed something in a hurry would have warning. They rejected my review. I have submitted several more since and they have yet to allow one to post. They obviously do not want people to know that the item does not ship out when they claim it does. The item is STILL listed as prime even after all of this. The best part is that today the bed was left sitting out front of my house, six days after it was shipped (prime is supposed to be 2 day shipping) and it was never intercepted as they claimed they were trying to do. I am leaving it sit there.

I am done with Amazon. Had they fixed the listing to reflect the fact that prime on the item wasn't true, and had they not tried to censor me warning people that it didn't ship prime, I would have continued to be a loyal Amazon customer. The dishonesty here was so bad and disrespectful, and people have the right to know that this is what their practices and customer service is now like.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Amazon have poor and worst customer care and delivery system. I have ordered the products and prepaying the items. But they are not delivering it. Whenever item ready for delivery they are returning it saying some reasons like damage and all.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been trying to get my delivery instructions resolved for months! There has been no resolution after hours of being on the phone. Most drivers refuse to deliver to my door even though those are my delivery instructions! The Worst Company!

Original review: July 15, 2018

We have complained several times to Amazon customer service about the bad treatment of our packages. Today was the final straw: the package was later than expected so my husband was watching for it and he actually saw the delivery guy LOB our box over the front gate! He ran out there, caught up with the guy, and said, "Hey, we would appreciate your coming in the gate and putting the box on our doorstep in the future." The rude delivery person said, "No, we’re not allowed to do that;" and took off. Unbelievable!!

I’m sorry to say that after years of being a faithful Prime subscriber, we are now looking for other places to buy our goods. (Prior times: Amazon delivery people leaned over the gate and put boxes ON our plants, right next to the sprinklers; others, they left packages out in the open next to the gate where anyone walking by could see them. Worse, on those deliveries, Amazon showed that the delivery persons wrote that they had HANDED the packages to a resident, which was totally untrue!

We’ve had 2 very nice deliveries over the last couple of months - nice young ladies that rang the bell and came to the front door per our instructions to Amazon after we had experienced several months of very bad deliveries. We never have any trouble with UPS, USPS, and FedEx - it’s only the independents Amazon is hiring to replace quality experienced delivery people with a whole bunch of untrained and disinterested individuals. I really hope that Amazon’s competitors are “listening” - Amazon is opening up a huge opportunity for its competitors and we are certainly going to start trying these out.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am a long time Amazon customer and Prime member and have always been pleased with most items I've ordered as well as customer service; until now. I will try to keep this short. On March 31, 2018 I ordered 4 tires shipped and sold by Amazon. Apparently they were not in stock though I was not told this until I contacted customer service several weeks later. When i called I was told my order was on hold because the tires are now available for a cheaper price. Great! I cancelled my previous order and placed a new order as I was instructed to do.

On July 10th I finally received 1 tire. July 11th I received 2 tires. I have a tracking number for the 4th tire so I call FedEx who said they have a label but never received the package. After many calls to Amazon customer service and talking to supervisors was told there was a processing mistake and I will need to reorder my tire. But there is only one problem! Now the item says it can not be shipped to my address (I live in Alaska)! Customer service wants to ship to a different address: I don't have one.

They want to give me a credit on my account. This is all great but I still only have 3 tires and this tire is not available here in Alaska and can't find anyone to ship one tire here. I have been dealing with this situation for almost 4 months now! I understand it is expensive to ship here but you shipped 3 already, why not the 4th. Amazon would rather pay the shipping here and return shipping back rather than ship me my 4th tire! I will spend more and buy locally from now on!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I always preferred to order things online from Amazon only. Likewise, I ordered a new phone (#**) on 2nd July 2018 of 10,019.00 INR and as usual it was very nicely delivered day after. Very excitedly, I opened the box and found that mobile phone do not have any charge so not turning on, after charging came to know that actually display is not functioning.

Reported same moment to the Amazon and they said to return it back. Return processed on July 5, 2018 because meanwhile the delivery boys who are on contractual jobs completely ** up in picking it up because they are not able to reach at home in spite being affording this much costly home right opposite to the World's very much known Hospital - Medanta Hospital. Returned it back and every time I call to Amazon for my refund status, either they ask for different informations and ask me send email, which I did and still when I called today, they are very sorry and maybe they will going to initiate refund next week.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I am an Amazon seller. One Day I sent an email to my subscribers with customer satisfaction survey And because we Offer a great Customer service 10 People left me 5 star reviews on One Day. (I didn't pay them to do so, I didn't offer them free products. I didn't offer anything). Then The Next Day Amazon Deleted All my Reviews (The New and The Old). Not Only That They Blocked My listing from having New reviews. That dropped my sales by 90% overnight.

And when I contacted them they told me we will transfer you to the special team. When I asked them if they have ever encountered anyone who had this problem solved and got their reviews back and lifted the limit on posting new reviews They Answered "NO." It means Their customer service never helped anyone before, and they just waste our time contacting them and filing forms and ** us with their excuses. They Don't Care about anyone and sometimes they don't even read the message. Amazon and Facebook Customer Service both are competing for the Worst customer service Ever!!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Amazon wonders why it has so much trouble with deliveries -- it's the idiots they hire to deliver the packages. I have a covered front porch which is protected from the street view. That's where USPS, UPS, and FedEX leave my packages. The ** who delivered my Amazon package today put it in my driveway in front of my garage door. If my neighbor hadn't noticed it, I would have driven right over it. Furthermore, it was fully viewable from the street and it was RAINING! So my package was soaked. I'm not ordering from Amazon ever again. There are other options where at least you'll get your packages. Every time my friend gets a package from Amazon she has to look all over her neighborhood for it. They won't come back to get it from the wrong house. She's found two of her packages, but the rest are still missing.

Original review: July 12, 2018

So I am not a Prime member so I just request normal shipping. Says 5-7 days. Well the products were ordered on Monday and here it is Thursday afternoon and order still not processed. Any other company would take the order and ship it once it was pulled. Just checked other vendors and they would ship the day after order was received. I believe this is another way the BIG companies force fees to get the profit. They are sitting on the order so that was I will not get the product until over week later so I would consider signing up for Prime account so I can get expedited shipping. WHAT A SCAM!!! Just buy it from the manufacturer and save yourself the headache.

Original review: July 12, 2018

We have been Amazon customers for years. In the last year I have notice an increased number of bogus reviews. I've received defective products but the seller or Amazon is able to turn off the review selection & the vendor is able to continue to cheat & steal from Amazon customers. I've turned to Target, Chewy's & other online retailers instead. Amazon is like Facebook. They don't monitor anything & even racists items are ok to sell.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I order a grill on the 26 of June 2018. On the website, delivery within 5 days, so delivery should have taken place on July 2. Change of delivery, halfway the day I received an email. Delayed. Will be delivered on July 5. On July 5 I called them and there was again a delay and not stock and other blabla, actually they didn´t say anything I didn't know. New delivery date between 9 and 12 July.

Email from the CS on the 11th of July, the item will be delivered this week. Until this morning 9 a.m. delivery before 20.00 hrs. Surprise, surprise delivery postponed between 24 and 29 of July - And they are constantly talking blabla and every time it is someone else mistake and actually is my problem that they are not able to deliver. The only thing you get, "I'm sorry" and everything stays the same.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I tracked my order through Amazon closely, I usually do on more expensive orders and this one was just shy of $400. The Amazon website stated it was out for delivery on 7/2/18. Later that evening the website status changed to 7/3/18. Later that evening of 7/3/18 it changed status to "delivery may be delayed or lost". On 7/5/18 the carrier Amazon hired to deliver the product asked my child to sign off on a product they delivered on 7/3/18. No knowing any better she did. I called Amazon right away, figuring they were a large reputable company and would deal with their carrier accordingly. Amazon launched an investigation and concluded today (7/11/18) that the package was signed for and therefore is not eligible for a refund or replacement. They recommended I contact the local authorities.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Amazon has always been rated high in customer service. Yet these days they are more worried about getting through calls and chats as quickly as possible versus making sure the problem is resolved. My most recent issue (but not my only one) was an order I placed for an item fulfilled by Amazon. The item was over $100 and broke on the second use. I contacted customer service and was issued a refund and at first was told I needed to return the item. It was a rather large item that would need a special box to ship and so I was then told to keep the broken item and they would just issue me a refund.

Fast forward to a month later and I receive an email stating that they were still waiting for me to return the item and if I did not I would be recharged for it. I contact customer service again and they promised (more than once) that I would not be recharged and that they fixed the issue. Fast forward to today and my account was recharged for it. That I am pissed is an understatement. Here I am contacting them yet again, and they reissued me a refund, and again promised it would never happen again. The only way to ensure it never happens again is to close my account as soon as the refund clears and never use Amazon again. Bye.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The first issue I want to address is the necessity of checking one star reviews for every item that you are thinking about buying. If the one star ratings are 3% or less, it is a good bet that you will be happy with the product. I have saved myself thousands of dollars over the years by checking the reviews first. Secondly, dump your Amazon Prime. Most packages will arrives in three or four days even if you pick free shipping. Amazon Prime does not speed up the delivery process enough to pay for Prime.

Also, once you have gotten rid of Prime, your spending will go down drastically. Need to be on a budget? Start here. I was paying over $50.00 a month on movies that were not part of the Prime package. Lastly, the quality of the clothing available on Amazon is trash. Most of it is made in China for people who are much smaller than Americans. Seriously, do you really think you are going to get a great skirt for $6.00. Again, check the one star reviews. More than 4%, move on.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've never had an issue in the past using Amazon or its services. But as of recently... I've had nothing but problems with billing, any items sent back to Amazon's return facility never get refunded back to me, nobody in any of their departments will talk to me, let alone I am forced/told to e-mail and never receive a response back or things get more screwed up each time I write an e-mail to them. NOW... I have Amazon trying to "DOUBLE CHARGE" me orders and items returned to their Return Facility months/weeks in the past. All orders had been paid for and are showing up on my statements as paid back in February, March, April, May and June in full.

I attached the copies of the statements showing that I sent Amazon the information they requested numerous times, 7/4 11:39 AM, 7/4 11:10 PM & 7/6 7:38 AM and along with every following day up to this day. ** THEN ON 7/6/18 at 8:20 AM the problem was fixed by Maryam: cb-info@amazon.com Fri 7/6/2018, 8:20 AM You? "Hello from Amazon.com, My sincere apologies. The previous mail sent to you seeking payment again was a technical error from our side. We have already recharged you for the order as per your instructions and no payment is due at this time. I would like to personally apologize for your inconvenience. We accept full responsibility for the mistake and I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future. We thank you for your understanding."

Now... Everything Maryam said was fixed, was never fixed and I'm still unable to log in, access my Prime purchases or place an order. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 1 WEEK NOW and I am getting extremely upset on how this is being handled. Why has this not been fixed yet? I am losing my patience and trust with you the longer this continues on and is not fixed.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was looking at my credit card statement and found a monthly charge for Amazon Prime. Since I haven't used Amazon since 2016 I checked what it was for and found out that they had charged me for a membership I never used or requested. They did back out the charges since I didn't use the service but they were unable to tell me how I got signed up in the first place. I did not sign up and forget about it, and no one else has access to my laptop or account. I am in the process of escalating up the chain of the service department until someone can answer how this happened. If I hadn't noticed the charge, they would be taking money from me every month. I believe that this is a way to boost their prime subscription numbers.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I fully understand that rules exist for a reason and that a company can create basically any rules they want. What I do not understand is why Amazon would remove all my reviews without notifying me as to why. I am now banned from writing any new reviews. I never violated their guidelines. Several years ago I did write reviews for items I had been compensated for but at that time this was allowed. I should have deleted them when the guidelines changed but frankly it kept slipping my mind. In those reviews the reviewer was required to state they were compensated and I followed those guidelines.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I used to love Amazon, I've been a customer for years. But in the past month, I have had to contact customer service 5 times because either prime packages didn't show up when they were guaranteed, overnight packages hadn't arrived after a week, or the packages didn't show up at all. In the case of the overnight package, it hadn't even shipped by the guaranteed day...which was 4 days after I placed the order. I have decided, after many years of loyal membership, that this services is no longer worth the money and I will not be continuing. Especially since there are so many other options out there. Hell, thanks to Amazon, I have to actually go into stores to shop again. Maybe in a few years we can all thank Amazon's crappy service for reviving America's Malls.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Beware with Amazon! They allow listing products on big discounts and after the order is placed, the product is paid. Your order is cancelled. So you got no product and no money for a few days as they placed reservations for those quantities on your credit card. So for a few days, you will not dispose off your own money to buy something else and you will have to wait. The seller answer to that was that his shop got hacked. ;) How secure is Amazon and your credit card details if someone shop can be hacked, when Amazon is asking you security codes over security codes, on phone number and everything and how honest brand is Amazon if those shops are not hacked and they are simply just allowing that for bringing more traffic?

Original review: July 8, 2018

I ordered a phone on June 30th, by paying full amount. On 4th July, I get a mail from Amazon saying that the order has been canceled because the seller has not accepted the order and the refund has been done. The order is not even showing in my account and there's no way to contact the customer care. It's 8th of July today and got a message saying amount will be credited after 14th July. This is really frustrating. Never gonna use this site again.

Amazon.com Company Information