2.61/5
Based on 1,441 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Amazon.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 24, 2018

3683 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Delivery charges for Pitambari Gomutra Capsules are VERY HIGH. I don't understand why delivery charge is of Rs 50 on every bottle if someone purchase more bottles. I paid Rs 400 for delivery of 8 bottles, it should be around Rs 100-Rs 150. If I order 50 bottles do I have to pay Rs 2500 for delivery. This not good.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Be careful because Amazon uses the review a product feature to lure people in — they won’t always post bad reviews. That happened to me. And not only did they not post, when I called to ask why - no explanation was given or even an email response as promised. They outsource a lot! It’s frustrating! I did some math and based on what I spend in monthly fees and what I order on Amazon that I wouldn’t normally order, only because it’s easy, I am NOT getting a good deal being a Prime member. I feel like I’m being completely taken advantage of and man-handled by their customer service and policies. I canceled my subscription today! I’m never going back!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

OK. Ordered 29/01/2018. Now 22/02/2018 and all I have to show for my order is STRESS and monetary costs for the BAD EXPERIENCE. I was a first time Amazon shopper thinking they were an honorable and reliable online store, how wrong I was! The goods were in stock and they took my money FAST! I thought the delivery charge was extremely high and the delivery time very slow but I waited! Meanwhile I received lots e-mail adds and fake promises that my order was on track, many fake e-mails saying my order would be delivered tomorrow, many tomorrows later and now far past the delivery-date I have NOT HAD ANY GOODS DELIVERED.

After sending Amazon many e-mails asking for help all I have received back are adds and gibberish automated responses claiming all sorts of excuses, all of which were in fact proven to be FAKE. I finally got a partial refund and will never Shop there again. I warn all other people this place is a big SCAM. They do NOT DELIVER! They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. There is no one to talk to or hold responsible for their constant and unending lies.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

AMAZON STOLE MY MONEY! Please understand how desperate I am because Amazon keeps changing the story. On Friday 19 Amazon told me my order was delayed and I would receive it on Saturday. On Saturday the 20th Amazon told me they were issuing a refund. Offering no further explanation until I called them and then they decided to confess they had lost my package. On Sunday 21st I received an email saying my order had been dispatched. When I called Amazon they told me that email was a mistake and that my refund was going to be issued the following day. Meaning they hadn't done it on the 20th as they had previously told me. I was instructed to wait for 7 days to received my refund. On the 23rd I contacted Amazon and they confirmed my refund had actually been issued on the 20th. Meaning the information I received on the 21 was wrong, again.

On the 30th they gave me a reference number and told me to check with my bank because the refund was accepted. That same day I called VISA and the told me they hadn't received any refund because my payment was done with a Debit card. So I called Amazon again and they told me to speak with my branch: BBVA. My branch claimed they didn't received any refund as well. For the following 3 days I called them asking, "to get a legally validated proof that you issued the refund." Because the reference number could be a fake one so I need clear proof to ask the branch to double check if they got the refund.

So a month has gone by. I sent Amazon 43 emails and called them 21 time (got proof of this) and what I discovered is that THEY ISSUED THE REFUND TO ANOTHER BRANCH, not to mine. So actually they refunded my money TO ANOTHER PERSON! Really lame isn't it? The best part is that THEY STILL HAVEN'T CORRECTED THIS. They say I need to phone the other branch, which I am not a client, and ask for them to recognize the refund. How on earth do they expect me to do this? Honestly Amazon, use your brains!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Amazon has locked me out of their review process for apparently failing to meet their review guidelines. I have read their guidelines and do not think I have violated them in any way. True to their word they will not respond to any queries regarding the subject. If Amazon truly wanted honest, unpartial reviews why would they lock out a customer of over 10 years without at least citing the specific review? I have a fair idea of the review in question but can’t remark specifically should I be wrong. The suspected review was the only “1” rating I have submitted. The product doesn’t work and I submitted a picture showing the reason for the rating. Following this review I was notified of my not being able to submit any further reviews.

Amazon is a fine company and I am a Prime customer. I enjoyed expressing my opinion on products purchased through them. I have never had need to say anything negative about Amazon until this instance. I’m hoping other Amazon reviewers haven’t ran into the review blockade without justification. I am a 77 years old male, an Air Force Enlisted Retiree, have a college degree, and worked professionally for a respected Space and Defense Company Engineer for 20 years. I feel the need to offer reviews as a duty to prospective buyers as a thanks for their own reviews. Other people’s reviews are influencing and my having unknowingly lost that privilege is disturbing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This is my first time ever using Amazon because everyone ranted and raved about them. Not very impressed with them, they said a package would come on Monday but now instead it’s maybe going to be Thursday because the package got sent to a completely different state. The customer service lady at Amazon said it was the USPS fault but the USPS said it was undeliverable because Amazon sent it the wrong address! First time ever using Amazon and last time ever.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I ordered a model of a B-52. It arrived with broken parts. I gave it one star, and this exact wordage; "Arrived with several parts broken. An engine pod, and a missile pod were broken off, and cannot be glued back in place. I have no intention of getting a replacement, since the packaging allows the cheap plastic parts to break easily. Too bad. It looks like a nice model." It was rejected due to the "cheap plastic parts" wording. No name calling. No vulgarity. Just an honest appraisal of the product. So don't be fooled by the "reviews" on Amazon. It appears they cannot be trusted to show defective products.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Amazon is great but they deal with the worst bank ever. I have had nothing but problems with Synchrony Bank from the day I took this card. They have gone without authorization into my credit report to see what I do with my other cards. I have 8 credit cards all with a zero balance except one and Synchrony Bank chose to lower my limit because they don’t like what I do with my other cards. What business is that of theirs? So by lowering my credit limit they have now given me a black mark on my credit. I spend a lot of money with Amazon but will consider taking my and my companies and recommend to my other associates to do the same if Amazon doesn’t get a different bank to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Amazon (without my knowledge or approval) charged my account $49.53 and I had to make multiple phone calls to get my money back. They say within 3-5 business days on one letter and 10 days on another (clearly they don’t know which end is up). How on earth does a company have the right to charge you for something you neither wanted, nor authorized?? This is fraud. Amazon is breaking the law and counting on people not paying attention to where their money is going. In other words Amazon makes money on people’s ignorance and by fraudulent methods. Seriously, when is enough going to be enough? When is Consumer Affairs actually going to do something to help us? Frankly, you don’t seem to care anymore than Amazon does. The fleecing of America. I still don’t have my money back you thieves!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Agarwal of Amazon.com, Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there. You have none, You are pathetic and socially uneducated. How did you get job? It has been two week your delivery man ran away with my money, please cancel all my pending orders.There is lack of personal contact between the seller and the buyer. There is Fraud, and confronted with the problems of numerous correspondence It cannot meet the unexpected objections raised by customers. It cannot give personal advice and assurance that the goods sold by mail will satisfy the requirements of customers.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Received an email from Amazon concerning returned items. Yes I returned 9 order of 33 items ordered in 2017. The only reason I return the items was it was defective or was not what it was stated to do or perform as stated on the Amazon order website. Is this an "unusual number of your recent orders" that have been returned? Called Amazon customer service to speak to someone. They were confused as to the email. Ask to speak to someone else about this. Was placed on hold and no one came back to hear my complaint, which was what is an unusual number of your recent orders have been returned. Amazon change the way they credited returned orders in October 2017. This was not well receive by sellers. Could this be Amazon solution to show its sellers it's trying to intimidate customers to not return items by sending email like this? As the email from Amazon stated, I contacted via email and by phone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

They automatically debited my cc for the next year, adding 9.1% tax on to the $99. I never got any warning it (Prime) was expiring. Just shocked to see there is no way to stop this. They have your CC number and just feel free to automatically charge for another whole year. Not sure if I will cancel it or not. I may not get my money back from them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Amazon Prime membership is not worth it. Order # **. Submitted order Nostalgic Warehouse Meadows Plate with Keyhole Privacy Meadows Door Knobs in Timeless Bronze. I have submitted the order 3 times now. The first 2 times I was sent the 4 door locks all in different colors. The item is shipped and fulfilled by Amazon. NOT sure how they sent me 4 different colors on 2 different orders. They are careless and have wasted my time. I am in the middle of a home renovation and cannot finish because of Amazon’s error. Must have the installer come back. Horrible experience and HORRIBLE customer service. Not sure what part of the world I am calling. No managers available.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Since Q4 '17 I have been experiencing ongoing issues with prime shipments being late. This week I received a notice that my shipment was lost or damaged. Support offered to send me another shipment at no additional cost to me. Not Free, just promised to send me what I purchased that should had been there 2 days prior. Previous complaints regarding late orders resulted in an offer of an extra month of prime - Big Deal if you can't rely on it! I make decisions to buy using my Prime based on it getting to me quicker than I can run to the store.

Today I contacted them via Chat about one of my two Fire Sticks not work at all. I did all the troubleshooting and they asked me to go through it again which was fine. Then she concluded that I needed to speak to Tech Support. She asked for my number and the system called us. I spoke with a rep for a few mins and he asked if I would hold while he consulted his Supervisor/Team Lead.

40 minutes later I opened a new Chat to ask if a 40min hold was normal. The rep said sorry and he could help me. He did not ask me to any further trouble shoots - just concluded that I needed to spend another $40 and buy a new one. He would give me 20% off. He could not tell me the "life expectancy" of a Fire Stick or any other statistics - they on have a 90 day warranty! I bought 2 of these things. The second device that is working needs to get disconnected when we aren't using it or the TV turns on and off. Now 50 minutes into being "on hold" for Tech Support, the call disconnects.

I spent the better part of my afternoon trying to fix the issue and they want me to buy another one. I then get an email from someone from the supervisor team and it certainly reads like a templated response and it basically said the same thing, "Sorry you need to buy another Fire Stick" - Some Customer Service! Service and Delivery are deteriorating. I've been so disappointed. I've been a Prime member for years and have never experienced anything like this.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Started the free 30 day Prime to see how it would be, with full intentions of continuing if all went well and was worth the $100 a year. I made and paid for an order that said in stock with free 2 day Prime shipping. I checked status the next day and it said I would receive my order in 5 to 6 days. I emailed in and explained what happened, they wrote back that they would put it on next day delivery at no charge.

About 10 minutes later I get a text from my credit card company saying a new charge was just done on Amazon. I logged on and looked on my Amazon account to find they charged me for the next day shipping. I contacted them again and they said they were sorry and they would credit my account within the next 3 to 5 days, then continued to tell me they were going to extend my Prime membership for another month. A couple days later they attempted to charge my card for membership fees, but I had put a hold on my card so it was denied. I contacted them right away and their response was that they are cancelling my membership.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Amazon used to be my go-to site for a lot of products. Quick shipping, excellent prices and they stood behind any issues with the product. However my last 2 orders have been very poor to the point of unacceptable. Here is my issue - I just received a replacement electronic part where the package (and contents) was damaged in shipping. I am having to pay postage to return the item. A little over a week ago I placed an order and one item was wrong (my mistake and I am honest about that). Amazon forced me to pay over $8 to ship back a 2 ounce strip of computer memory. I had no option to pay postage out of my pocket. This is the level of service us Prime members receive??? Amazon is making eBay look better and better, and that is saying a lot.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

They do not allow us to contact them except when our issue falls into their specified category. I am trying to use my rewards toward an order I will place. Alternatively, I want to cancel my account with them, cancel Prime and cancel my credit card and I want to tell them this. I know I can cancel the credit card separately so don't tell me that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

During checkout on Amazon a screen came up asking if I would like to receive free 2-day shipping—when I clicked the link for more information, I was enrolled in Prime and charged $109 without being told what the cost was. There was no confirmation or way to back out of the transaction. I had to call Amazon customer support to get it cancelled (there was no easy link like starting it), and although the charge was immediate, I was told the refund would take 3-5 business days. The Consumer Protection Act requires business to disclose all fees before for goods and services before charging them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Like many others, I have had years of good experience with Amazon but that has all been negated by my present situation. I purchased a computer in the week between Christmas and New Years. I received my delivery on Jan 9th. Problem was that it was not the computer I ordered. It was same make but with inferior processor and half the memory. I contacted Amazon immediately and then authorized a return. Their mis-shipped item was back at UPS less than 3 hours after delivery. UPS verified receipt by Amazon. A message was posted to my account that a full refund had been granted. Problem arose when nothing had been credited to my account by the 26th of January. I contacted Amazon and was told that a "glitch” had happened and that credit would be forthcoming.

A second refund authorization was posted to my account but this time for only 80% of the charge. I was being charged a restocking fee for an item I never received and being penalized for the seller’s mistake. The credit reached my credit card. I contacted Amazon and they agreed that I should not be charged a restocking fee and a authorization for full refund was posted to my account. To date I am still short the restocking fee and was told by the fourth Amazon rep that it would probably be at least "ten working days” until you might see something on your account. The matter is in dispute with my credit card company. Moral of the story. You can no longer trust Amazon to do the right thing nor trust their customer reps to be either competent or trustworthy.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I hope you can help me with this problem. My complaint is against Amazon. I’m a weekly state pensioner and don’t have the resources to fight them. I wish to make a complaint at the very harsh treatment meted out to me by Amazon’s Seller Performance Team. I have been advised to contact Amazon UK as that is the site the title The Long Winding Road of Injustice is for sale. They have stated that they don’t have a record of my account. That is not true because they do have a record and it’s on the Amazon UK book site. Details of sale states (one copy left, more to come) there are no copies printed. So I’m wondering where those copies are coming from? I have found it very frustrating in my dealings with the Seller Team. They just don’t make any sense. I hope I don’t have to deal with them again.

I was totally disappointed when I knew Jeff Bezos was aware of this and yet nothing was done to resolve the issue. I have many, many times asked that this title is removed from Amazon’s listing but all I hear is to fill in forms. I have filled in these forms on three different occasions and sent them to the Seller Performance Team. What more am I expected to do?

Shortly after my dealing with America Star Books it came to my notice that they were scamming writers and as a result, I asked that my contract is terminated. After a long haul, they agreed. They promised to return money that I had paid but this never happened. They have no further rights to the title as I am the full rights holder. Amazon are aware of this. I had offered to send the proof that the rights to the title had been returned to me but the Seller Team choose to ignore this. Jeff Bezos is aware about this situation but he had passed on my query to other staff members and from there it had never been resolved.

The title as far as I’m aware is illegal on Amazon's site given the transfer situation from the publishers America Star Books. This company are fraudsters and there are many lawsuits filed against them in the courts. I decided to rewrite the story using a new book title and this was the reason I needed the old title removed. I have held back promotion of the new title as I believe that sales would be affected. I also believe that as the old and new titles are similar and that readers would obviously buy the old title which was very much cheaper. The old title is in effect a copyright matter as well. I would like the title The Long Winding Road of Injustice removed from Amazon's listings but they have ignored my request.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I had had the worst experience with the cheap come on you won 1000 bucks experience. First if you don't buy something then you get bombarded with stupid quotes and in the end you never get the 1k gift card. I will never use them again and I will knock them at every turn. Poor customer relations. Don't screw with the people who support and buy from you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for many years with Amazon Prime. In the past, Amazon was top notch in their delivery/customer service. Nowadays, delivery is "When you get it, you get it" not the 2 day turn around as promised like we pay for. To make up for such a lack in quality service, I am constantly offered an EXTRA month of free Prime membership. The same not so top notch (not) service that has led me to write this review.

I am tired of feeling like I am being ripped off for the Prime membership I have been offered and paying for. I have been waiting 5 days so far for something I ordered that should have been delivered in 2 days time. I gave up and cancelled this order and visited my neighborhood Home Depot. This is the second time this year (it's only FEBRUARY) that I have been let down by a once valued shopping source. Again I have been offered a FREE MONTH of Prime. My question is why would I want a free month of frustration? I am still a member, but I cannot say for how much longer. They take your money as fast as they can get it, why can't we expect the same in return for our orders? Shameless Amazon! Please do better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I've had many good experiences with Amazon, but recently their customer service has been my nightmare. It started with a return of a $400 speaker that was not compatible with my TV. I understand if they want to deduct the shipping cost or restocking fee, but they just said they didn't receive anything and just denied the delivery (even though the UPS tracking is there).

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I like Amazon and have never had a problem with deliveries or returns. My only concern is I think products that are being delivered from overseas should state that up front and not when you click the order button. At that point you're not able to cancel it and that is when you find out it's going to take over a month for a delivery. I think all products should be within the US or once again possibly in bold letters state it's being shipped from outside the US.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I have written Amazon about this problem many times. Leaving packages at the front door in an apartment complex. Once again, for the last time, I ordered from Amazon. A rather inexpensive item. On the delivery details it says, 'handed to a resident', well, this is obviously BS. I happened to be home on time, outside my apt. when the delivery guy showed up with an order from Amazon, he left it by my door and I stopped him and mentioned the fact that I have an easily seen sign on my front door asking anyone delivering a package to take it to the Apartment Office, his reply was Amazon instructs them to leave it at the front door not to take it to an office or anywhere else. So, I have not package, I wrote them and told them to return the $$$ to my account and I would not shop for an item that has to be delivered again. I'm done with that.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Ordered a DVD. Signed up for Amazon Prime to receive free 2 day shipping. I selected the $99 a year plan. Free shipping was applied to the order. The problem occurred MOMENTS later when I checked my credit card. I was charged 105.56, NOT $99. Called Customer Service (then later chatted with customer service). They both told me the exact same thing - word for word. All they could do was "escalate" my concern to a higher dept to possibly avoid "this kind of problem in the future." Unfortunately, that didn't help me.

My problem is, when you place the membership order, there is NOTHING on the screen regarding a tax or add'l fees. No fine print, no nothing. The Chat Rep sent me a link to a page indicating there is a tax for the membership re: Certain states, but this page doesn't appear when you order the membership, so it's useless. It's very misleading to sell the service for $99, then charge customers 105.56 with NO MENTION of fees or taxes.

I canceled the membership. I just didn't like the way the misleading way they presented the cost. In order to get my full refund back, I had to cancel the order, then cancel the membership (because if any of the benefit is used, of course you can't get a full refund). That was annoying in itself, because I canceled the first order, because I wanted to apply the membership. Ordered the membership. Re-ordered the item to apply the membership shipping benefit. Then had to cancel the order again to get my full refund back on the membership. Then re-ordered the item a 3rd time and just paid for the shipping as usual.

I would have kept the membership IF they would have deleted the fee, since it was a HIDDEN fee, but neither Rep could do that. Seems like it would have made more sense for them to keep my $99 and delete the $6.56... rather than have me cancel the entire 105.56. The membership cost was misleading. The shipping (without a membership) is ALWAYS misleading, because even when a message appears that you QUALIFY for free shipping, the system STILL defaults to the standard shipping fee. You have to manually select free shipping. That is deliberate and ridiculous. Why offer free shipping, then try to trick customers into pay for shipping??

As much money as Amazon makes, they have to play games like this? Oh! And don't even get me started on the "add on" item scam! That's so annoying. Amazon used to be a better when their focus was books and DVDs. Now they are too big and too greedy. PS: I attached the order number re: 2nd order - the one I canceled to get my full membership fee back.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I find it bad business practice to show such a lack of respect and discord to hard working people that used your service EBT prime discount for 10.99 a month and then slap them in the face by giving people that are already collect the hard working taxpayers dollars for food stamps, housing and so on a discounted prime membership of 5.99. I cancelled my membership and anything to do with Amazon or anyone they do business with. This is the same as discrimination.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I purchased an iPhone from them and a Kenwood car stereo. Within one year they both died out on me. I contacted customer service and they seem to want to help and located both items as having being purchased by me. But I never heard from them again and I gave up after forwarding several email messages to them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Amazon is a slippery company, always bending the rules to their advantage. I've been getting charged on my credit card for a few months now for Amazon Prime - NEVER ORDERED IT. I've attempted to get this taken off, only to find Long Hold Times, Attendants that can't or won't help. Finally today, I got them to agree to STOP Billing me, but they will not reverse the prior charges. Yes, I have purchased from Amazon, but Never signed up for Prime.

Additionally Mr. Bezos who started Amazon has made statements more than once that he'll get into a category, drive competitors out of business and then as we can see - he'll raise margins (prices) in order to make a profit. I believe that retailers should be able to make however much profits as they want, as long as it doesn't damage others. Mr. Bezos, a Huge Leftist - feels that it's okay to drive companies out of business with his business practices, he also finds it fine to have cities giving him special tax breaks and millions of dollars to get his businesses to operate facilities in their cities and states.

Now, don't believe me - check the records for yourself. His companies pay extremely LOW TAXES, as he takes advantage of the system, kind of peculiar for someone that thinks government should raise taxes and pay for many things that they don't today. It also took years for Amazon to make any profit, he just got more investors, sold more stock until his company was profitable. The Washington Post which he owns, has writers that WRITE OBVIOUS LIES, only sometimes to be retracted (in small print) sometime later.

I'm done with this type of behavior from Liberals - IF you are, then STOP PURCHASING FROM AMAZON, there are many other companies with similar and sometimes lower pricing than they have - take that extra minute and check - You'll See. And IF you agree with how he runs his business, his political beliefs - then continue buying from them. Just be aware, sometime in the Future this Miscreant POS, will be charging Higher Prices.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Ordered a mobile and waited for 13 days. Talked to around 10-15 customer care reps in 7 days. Got all the false promises about this delivery and on the final day I have been told that the product can't be delivered and cannot be replaced. Pathetic service from Amazon.

Amazon.com Company Information

www.amazon.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use