Amazon.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've had a Prime Membership for yrs & purchased tons of items on a regular basis. Shipping has changed, I have to wait days for the item to arrive. At first it was because they added another choice, you can chose prime or prime free one day. Chose the wrong one a couple of times but now you go in, put in the prime or prime free one day filter and the item shows as prime but when you go to check out, IT ISN'T. You can chose one day but you have to pay $5.99 (example), or free two day - I ordered item on Wednesday, order said I will receive on Saturday - how does that add up to two days?

I feel that Amazon is misleading with the items also - says if you order within the next "1 hour" (example) you'll get it the next day - YEAH IF YOU PAY FOR IT. I've cut down my orders on Amazon and have been checking out other online companies like Amazon. Amazon you're losing a good customer because of your shipping policies - with a Prime membership no less. Thanks.

I have had Prime for a couple of years. Every item I have ordered that was Prime eligible for 2-day shipping, it was delivered in two days. Recently, however, when I have ordered some things that indicated if I ordered within a certain number of hours, the items would be delivered within two days, it was not true, and I was not aware until AFTER I placed the order and an e-mail was sent confirming the delivery date of the order. It was then I saw that the receive date was four days later. I called Amazon to find out why the website indicated I would receive it within two days, but it changed once I actually placed the order.

I was told that Prime 2-day free shipping means that the items will be received within 2 days after they ship, so if it takes a couple of days for the item to ship, it will not be received until 2 days after that. This had never happened before until this past Christmas, and now it has happened several times. They give you the option of choosing 1-day shipping to receive it sooner, but you have to pay for it. Since that was the only perk I used of the Amazon Prime membership, I will not be renewing since the info related to the items you want to purchase seems to change once the order is actually placed. And if I have to pay for 1-day shipping to get items in 2 days, the cost of the membership is not worth it. Very disappointing and aggravating...

This Christmas we ordered several things. Amazon tied up our money by a fee, which I forget the name of, with equal the cost of the items. I don't understand why a credit or debit card does not work anymore. They give you back your money after your item has been shipped. If I pay with a credit card. Doesn't that entitle you to the item already. It took us 2 weeks to get our money back. Just now I was looking for an item for my bike online. There was this big green click box that said try Amazon Prime for FREE. They charged my account anyway for the membership.

They will be sending me my money back in 3 or 4 days. It takes them one second to get my money but it takes me 4 days to get my refund. I could have gone to a store to get what I needed and paid immediately. I will never be using Amazon again. And the only Amazon I will ever capitalize again will be the one in South America. I was so stupid to try them again after the first screw up.

According to UPS Amazon "auto generates" tracking info for them! When it says on UPS tracking that the item is on the truck to be delivered it may not be. In fact, the tracking info was COMPLETELY different for my item the next day when they actually shipped the item! I have screenshots of the whole process. Very disappointing when you pay an extra $30 for overnight shipping!

We pay for PRIME expecting to get 2 day delivery, and they are very deceptive. I put the item in my cart, and they change it to 5 days, then it doesn't arrive. I pay for the item and it states a guaranteed delivery date. I get an email from Amazon stating it will be late and they claim it was only an estimated delivery date. I contact Amazon "customer service" and all they do is apologize and re-state the new delivery date, I let it slide. Then on the very next order, the same thing happens. You try to get a better explanation by emailing again, and they reply stating, "any further inquiries on this matter won't receive a response." This is terrible service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

This is the second time this has happened to me!! I have had it with Amazon! If you are not a prime member and you order something with "Amazon Free Shipping" Amazon now HOLDS your order until 2 days before it is due to arrive then ships it 2 day so you get it on the latest possible date. I ordered 4 items, three of them were "sold by Amazon". The other was sold by different dealer, all were free shipping and all were IN STOCK. I placed the order on January 3; as of today January 10th all four items are "Preparing for shipment" So amazon has sat on this order to "punish" their non-prime members. There is no reason a company who touts how quickly they can fill and ship orders - can't get an order of in-stock items out the door in less than a week, this is just poor customer service! Unless you pay an extra $100 for prime.

A seller sent me three items I did NOT order, instead of what I did order. The seller would not post my poor review nor refund me the $50. When I left poor seller feedback, it was actually crossed out by Amazon and the following response was left: "Amazon takes responsibility for this order." After complaining, I received a refund from Amazon. However, the seller then retaliated against me by putting my First and Last name in the response to my feedback. I have submitted requests to Amazon four times, each time waiting the requested 48 hours for them to "resolve the issue." This has NOT been resolved.

Upon calling Amazon, the representative told me they are having difficulty actually functionally deleting the breach off of my personal privacy and security that was made by this seller. I told them I would complain to ConsumerAffairs if it was not resolved in another 48 hours, so, here I am. I'm very concerned about their lack of interest in removing my actual name from the seller's response. An amazon seller or buyer has the option of putting "AMAZON CUSTOMER" instead of their own first and last name on a public account for a reason. It seems Amazon does not care about internet privacy.

First, I have been a LONG time loyal customer of Amazon... over 17 years... back when they only sold books. I'm accustomed to giving Amazon excellent ratings. However, in the past year the only orders I can count on getting filled in a reasonable time are the ones filled by the vendors themselves. The items that are identified as "sold by Amazon" or "fulfilled by Amazon" and are "guaranteed to be filled and shipped out in 2 days", now take unreasonable amounts of time to fill. I have contacted customer service several times in the past several days and had a conversation on FB with Amazon, and I must say... they are overly polite to the point of patronizing, full of over-the-top insincere apologies, and NOTHING gets resolved. They say I will get an e-mail with the answer, and I get a survey instead.

It's been almost a week and a half and 7 out of 9 items in my order are sitting waiting to be filled when most of the ads said they would ship out within 2 days. I will completely miss my work deadline. What the heck happened to you this past year, Amazon? You have been my favorite place to shop. Why are you not paying attention to this? I'm not the only one. I see this complaint all over the Internet. The stuff I order is mostly work related, so I need honesty in the ad about shipping. It's not good to say one thing in the ad, secure funds, and then not deliver what was promised; IE: confirmation emails stating indefinite time frames when the ad promised something else. I REALLY hope things get back on track and Amazon doesn't become one of those really bad online companies.

I received an email that my order was received. I had not ordered anything so I logged on to see what it was. There were 2 shipments, 1 was on the way, the other would not let me cancel. After being redirected countless times, I finally got an email sent. There was no response back. The only help I got was from UPS. Amazon has no customer service whatsoever. They just want sells. The only communication I get is for more recommendations on "people who viewed this bought this item." I am now waiting to see if I receive a package and if I can return. NOTHING BUT A NEEDLESS HEADACHE. I just received an email after 2 days. Amazon says I will get a credit. I will wait and see. So I give 2 stars instead of one. Just for my trouble.

I ordered shoes from a third party sellers on Amazon.com that were never delivered. When I called to report the problem, they refunded the shoes. I ordered the shoes again from a different third party seller for the same price. The shoes were not delivered for a second time. I called for a second time and Amazon refused to reorder the shoes for the same price based on their so called "A to Z" guarantee. After talking to three levels of management, the only resolution I got to was a cancelled Amazon Prime membership.

I literally have a headache after dealing with the broken English and poor reception. I have been a loyal Amazon customer for years but I will NEVER buy anything from this broken site again. They jumble your orders into suborders and then to confuse matters worse, charge your card all kinds of ways in the process. When I called because I was obviously overcharged, I was told, "No Ma'm. It says right here we didn't overcharge you, contact your bank." Well you did. Point-blank simple. And you handled it horribly.

Today being Jan 5th 2017, I went onto Amazon to place an order. I needed to reorder a few items from the year 2015. Upon my search, I found 2 separate orders that I had paid for items but never received. Apparently you have to watch your orders closely with Amazon because they allow their vendors to steal from their customers. I called and spoke to a nice young woman who gave me an immediate refund for the first order.

For the other 2 items, she had to ask for authorization. After sitting on hold for awhile I was then told that they weren't giving me a refund for the second set of items. I asked to speak to a manager who has that "I'm young and I know it all and I'm special" ENTITLED ATTITUDE, who told me now I wasn't getting any refund. So I told the snippy manager I thought that they were thieves and she agreed with me that they were in a very childish, stubborn, unprofessional way. So if I were you, cancel your membership with Amazon BECAUSE THEY ARE THIEVES! On top of that they have now disabled my entire account so I can't cancel! CONVENIENT AMAZON!

I'm amazed by my Echo Dot. It's ability to recognize my voice so quickly, it's up to date response on athletic events, and the intuitive nature to all types of request, make it fun and a pleasure to use. I see no need to purchase the more expensive Amazon echo when the dot can perform so well. I highly recommend this new technology and I'm just beginning to explore its many possibilities. It's been a great Christmas gift.

In June 2015 I purchased a Kid's Kindle tablet for my granddaughter, who lives 100+ miles away. Her mother has access to the parental controls. Her mother has now decided to purchase items. These are charged to the credit card I used to purchase the tablet. They do not appear in my Amazon account orders, I do not receive any authorization requests or purchase notifications. The charges just magically show up on my credit card, with a generic "Amazon digital purchase" description. I write a review of the product, describing the issue, and Amazon refuses to publish it, and referring me to their "review guidelines". My review meets their guidelines. The problem is that my review is negative, exposing a billing vulnerability to any purchaser who does not retain the parental control rights.

I've been doing 'business' w/ Amazon for a few years and will continue for sure; 'they' have improved tremendously from the 1st time I started ordering items! Nowadays, I checked w/ them 1st before I buy anything! The vendors are most ethical & will accept returns easily; besides online ordering fits my lifestyle perfectly! I appreciate Amazon a lot!

Amazon is a very good site to obtain items that are difficult to find elsewhere. However, you need to be sure of what you're buying, e.g., bought a pair of Dearfoam slippers that were correctly labeled for my shoe size but did not fit. They appeared to be defective, not at all like the slippers I already possessed. Also, trying to get hold of Customer Service by phone is impossible. They do not list a phone # for that service which sometimes is easier to utilize than via online chats.

I received a gift and I tried to return it since the gift was something I did not like or have a need for. I couldn't tell the gift giver that I didn't like it since I would be hurting their feelings. I thought that it would be easy to return. After being on the phone for two days and got nowhere I gave up. Because it was a "GIFT" I was having a hard time returning it. The first representative I spoke to she was helpful. But when she called me the following day with instructions to return the item she called me at the wrong time. We were supposed to speak at 6:00 pm Pacific Time not Eastern. So of course I missed her call. I called the Customer Service Number to try to resolve the matter and again got nowhere. I even asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me since they couldn't help me to donate the item. Really!!! After two days of trying to return the bag the supervisor told me to donate it. WOW!!! DON'T trust Amazon.

I have been a member of Amazon since 2003, I felt compelled to finally write a review this week. So anyways I bought a LG microwave, it crapped out under warranty, LG basically told me to buy a new LG microwave or else I would not get a refund. Who the hell ever heard of a company manhandled customer's preferences like this. So I called Amazon to get more information about the microwave and I tell them my story. Boom, they give me a full refund and it in my bank in 15 minutes. And this is not the first time the refunded like this, I think I probably got at least 7 refunds like this in the past. So I will be sticking with Amazon for a long time. They rock!

90% of the time, the price on Amazon is lower than in-store prices, and many of the other online sites. We use PriceGrabber and Honey as comparisons and except during holiday sales, Amazon comes up the winner. The biggest price advantage is the free shipping option, delivery is very prompt, and their refund policy puts it over the top for us. The only drawback to Amazon is when the item is offered by a third-party seller; then, the purchase can be questionable. For example, products designated as "Apple-certified" but not sold by Apple can be epic fails with inferior quality. Same with printer cartridges that are not sold by the manufacturer. Some can work well. But others - waste of money. We are inveterate online shoppers, and with a few exceptions, Amazon has proven to be the best choice.

I use Amazon for purchasing food items and drug store type items that are difficult to find in my local supermarket or that I find for a lower cost. Amazon has the best customer service of any organization, which is the primary reason I use them for so much of my purchases and is my primary online source. I also have subscriptions set up for my favorite ongoing purchases so these items are automatically sent to me monthly, and includes an additional savings discount. I also love being able to shop at my convenience from my comfortable lounge chair at home while watching my favorite TV program - who can beat that? I have also been a member of Amazon Prime for the past few years and enjoy all the benefits including free two-day shipping, free books, music, and movies online. Overall I think Amazon is the best!

I bought a new 4k-capable home theater receiver. I wanted to be sure I was getting one with all the features I wanted and at the best price available. Several of the products I found had conflicting or wrong information, so I verified the product details on the manufacturer's website, but ended up buying from Amazon because they offer fast, free shipping with my prime subscription.

I have had many problems with Amazon over the last few months. First, I had ordered a sold by amazon.com product for $26.63 but got some random $8 neck shaver that is worth nothing. Secondly, I ordered a monitor that says it is "Like New", however I received one that has a broken capacitor. Thirdly, I had found a amazing deal on Digital Day for a Plex Pass Subscription. I had bought some Amazon Coins with my gift card balance and proceeded to purchase the subscription. Little did I know (as it was nowhere on the site) that you CAN NOT purchase subscriptions with a Coins Balance or a Gift Card. The customer support team is awful and doesn't solve most of your problems. Maybe once you will get a good rep, but none of the others that helped.

Amazon needs to be held accountable for the 3rd party people they are associated with. Amazon does not stand behind their customers. Amazon needs to be investigated for the FALSE representation they give to their customers. I have been waiting for a Christmas package to arrive since December 22, 2016. All this company can do is apologize for the problem. They need to be held accountable for false representation. How is the company so big that it is unaccountable to the public. This company makes it very difficult to complain about anything. It is extremely difficult to find a phone number. When you reach someone who does not speak English very well all they can do for you is apologize. That's it... apologize. Very poor customer service! DON'T GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS/MONEY.

I shop on Amazon a lot. They have great selections, anything you could possibly need. The prices are usually much better than you'd find in the stores, plus most things you can get free shipping. I've saved a lot of money by shopping on Amazon.

I ordered for Double Decker Milton, this has 3 items. They delivered Milton which has only 2 items. 5 Times I tried to talk to Amazon. They never take it back and exchange. DO NOT buy anything from Amazon.

After placing an order with Amazon part of my order was delayed. When I inquired about the problem I was not given an answer as to why my order was being delayed. I had to call three times before I was finally provided the answer which turned out to be that the reason the order wasn't shipped yet was because the company that was selling the product through Amazon was out of the item. When I placed the order it was stated on the item description that the product was in stock and was being fulfilled by Amazon.

After receiving this information the representative informed me that she had cancelled my order and that I would have to reorder from another company. The problem was that my money was tied up on hold and would not be available again on my debit card for up to eight days so I ended up being unable to use my money to purchase a replacement product from another company. This has happened more than once by Amazon when I have placed orders. I will no longer do business with Amazon. They have very poor customer service and misrepresent many of the products they sell.

Due to my health I do all my shopping online. Amazon's customer service is great. They have helped me when I have problems with a purchase. What I don't like is that the other vendors can have their own set of rules when you have to return, I don't return a lot but it can be a problem unless it's one Amazon itself can fix. I wish you didn't have to spend $49, it was better when it was $35 for free shipping, so I wait until I have enough merchandise to cover it, s and h can be as much or more than the product at times. I don't like the add-on programs at times, some you can add to your $49 and that's fine, but some it has to be all add-on products, which is a pain. I understand there are a lot of different vendors, but the constant price changes can be so annoying, especially if you already purchased and later on you see it for less. When you can deal with Amazon directly and not the vendors it's great.

I purchased a Kenmore 31150 Elite Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Silver by Kenmore Elite on sale for $239. I was told my addressed was not valid, same address I have been using with Amazon with my Prime membership for three years now. I contacted Amazon and seller stating my address has never been a problem and then the seller just canceled my order and suggested I order it again at the regular price of $314. Amazon has done nothing to help and the seller is still selling on Amazon. I guess loyalty only works one way with Amazon.

I had Amazon prime monthly membership for almost a year. One day I found they charge Amazon Audible 14.95. I called them up and find out why did you charge 14.95 for Amazon audible, They said it's automatic by the system. It means, they will automatically put you 30 days trial and start to charge. This is fully cheating with customer. Just because they have my card, they can not put me in any membership. This deserves a big lawsuit. This charge is an unauthorized charge. I was just lucky enough to check my credit card to find out. But, other millions of people will not know, they will not check credit card.

Please take time to read their A-to-Z Guarantee Protection consumers. I was informed Amazon isn’t keeping the amount you spend but how many times you used them. I spent thousands since 2001. They left me with a seller and $600.00 defective product. I purchased the product on their site and now they are saying, “deal with the seller”. WOW!! My lesson is to never be fooled by Amazon misrepresented selling of products and services. Why directly use Amazon.com? Google search the product instead or use Amazon to search for the purchaser. Google Shopping has competitive prices and Amazon is just one of the selections. They are no Wal-Mart. Return policy is different! Don't be surprised if you are able to get a cheaper price and better service directly from the seller. What is the purpose of Amazon for you and I?

Amazon.com Company Profile