2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.1/5 (5285 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Like most anyone who uses the internet, I frequently use Amazon for a majority of my purchases. Even more so since the whole Covid-19 Pandemic. Occasionally I've had to return purchases which is a pretty straightforward process, no hoops to jump through or hidden pitfalls. Honestly, I don't think it's possible to make it any easier. More Recently, someone purchased over $150 worth of video rentals off my account. I immediately changed my password and contacted Amazon the next day. They helped me narrow down where the charge could have come from, how to prevent it from happening again, and issued a refund. I couldn't be more satisfied with my customer service experience.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Amazon customer service has come crashing down. They have farmed it out to the underpaid and untrained. They have stopped providing return labels. The returns do not make it back to Amazon. They get mixed up and lost and then Amazon blames the customer. They get nasty and threaten to recharge you for the returns they have lost. They have accused me several times of sending back the wrong thing. It's funny how I never sent back the wrong thing when they provided labels. Never again. I'm almost finished deleting everything. I do not have time to waste my life on this garbage. I have spent so much money on Amazon, for decades. I am so angry and offended from the way I am being treated by Amazon. I feel as if I was violently attacked and left in the street.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I used Amazon as always to send a package that was a gift for a friend. I rarely have issues outside of an occasional rep not knowing what they’re doing when they try to help you, or a postman is in over his head around the holidays. My problem here is Amazon using its own tracking service. It was never good and screams yes Bezos is cheap as hell and wants to fly more anatomically shaped rockets into space. The problem is you cannot track any item shipped by them all of a sudden. Their tracking app says you need to log in. It says go track it from any app or site associated with them. You do that and there’s nothing but what you already know on your order's page. This is shady big time and incompetent.

I asked several agents to locate the package or merely give me updates through text or update their info. I cannot even find it on any site that says they have their info. This is unlike any normal carrier service. At least let me see current statuses of the package. This is normal with every shipping service even the pathetic DHL or UPSMI. Regarding logistics or parcels app they redirect you to the Amazon site. Useless and obvious misdirection because they don’t update packages anymore or dont know how to properly set up a tracking website or app.

Each agent either misled me about this or didn’t know themselves. Two outright lied to me and another was as confused as me being why he issues me a refund because he knew it would be late. This never happened before, even with their crappy personal shipping. In the past, I was able to track even their packages on a site but now nothing. USPS and UPS which they usually use fine as usual tracking wise save for an occasional non updated scan but info is up. Here you get a tracking number vaguely saying shipped from Amazon and that’s it. No status updates of where if is, nor updates you can receive. Nada.

This needs to stop and is quite alarming. I was issued a refund that was quickly rescinded by another agent who conveniently said the other agent was at fault and gave me a promotional credit only because of the other agent caring and feeling bad for the mess. He said it’s out for delivery so all you can get is a courtesy credit. Tracking says nothing but shipped by Amazon and shipped. No updates? Out for delivery nada on their useless order page. Was fine before when using USPS or UPS but with their shipping info you get jack except what anyone would know in their standard order page that now conveniently is never updated. Why?

Essentially, It’s now lost when it was supposed to be delivered Friday and they say Sunday now but do not know where it is and won’t even let you attempt to find it. Unacceptable and shady. Another misleading agent covering up for their horrendous personal shipping and now it says on my order page hours after his lying messages that if one wants a refund do it on Sunday if it doesn’t arrive. In other words, they seemingly already know it’s lost.

Thankfully I received promotional credit but a gift for my friend on her birthday. Being delivered evidently is impossible now even when ordered 4 days before it was to be delivered that day. Fix this mess and next time use USPS or UPS like the rest of us do. Logistics or whatever you used (which you don’t even exactly know or will not say) is a disaster. My one star is for the agent that issued the refund because he knew they messed up. Total disaster and feels like a sign of things to come. For Xmas, order early and pray.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I trusted buying from Amazon, but No More! I purchased an "Outdoor Furniture" set from a third party vendor, Phi **. After a few months the table started blistering and the chairs were leaking a rusty discharge after rains. Contacted Amazon, no help! Vendor offered $40 for table because it was still usable in their opinion. Replacement parts for chairs. Here’s the Big Problem, it is not outdoor furniture as advertised. It is rusting from the inside out. I paid almost $1300 and now I am stuck with a rust bucket.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

What good does it do to pay $125 a year for AMAZON PRIME when its main purpose is for quicker shipping only to discover that you get lied to as to when you may or may not receive your items? I don’t get it! I’ve had deliveries that were supposed to be delivered and then they are delayed sometimes 2 and 3 days. This is NOT right!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have used Amazon for the majority of my shopping for years, I am impressed with the prices and shipping, but when I have a return, the majority of the time I end up having to spend hours of my time repeating myself because they never save details of the call, which makes me have to look up the order number over and over and explain the problem multiple times. It gets worse, the language barrier is so bad, I can't understand them or vice versa, causing me to give up most of the time. The automatic computer "help" is the worst I've ever seen. I have dreams of destroying the computer ala "office space".

Amazon.com Company Information