Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.88/5
Based on 5,144 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I purchased a heater from Modern Life through Amazon for £200. It lasted less than a year and now does not work. The seller refuses to communicate and Amazon will not assist in any way or offer any kind of refund. They also refuse to publish my review of the seller despite that my item has ceased to work. Payment went to Amazon's bank account yet they claim they are nothing to do with third-party sellers or the transaction. The company is still advertising on Amazon and is still allowed to sell, despite selling faulty goods.

Now I will make a chargeback and start a smalls claims against Amazon. Also, their customer service is the worst, nearly as bad as TalkTalk!! One manager I spoke to called Carl even promised me a refund within two days, two weeks passed and nothing!! Large companies don't care about you. Buy from small companies and support small business. Avoid Amazon and their terrible customer service...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I purchased a wire shelf from Teeker Shelving. It was not I wanted, so I requested a return ok. Teeker shelving didn't respond, so I called Amazon. I finally got a response from Teeker Shelving stating that "I hope you are fine and we (teeker shelving) thinks it would be better if I kept the shelf at 50% off and write them a good review." I said no. Of course, they didn't respond, so I called Amazon. Amazon said they have an a to z guarantee and I would be credited for the item. A few days later I received an e-mail from amazon saying they withdrew their guarantee and I could send it back to the company in hopes I would get a refund. No help & bad service.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Amazon is censoring the wrong comments. I’ve been a customer on for about twenty years, have made dozens of reviews, and according to their records on my account have a thousand helpful votes. I was just recently blocked from doing so when trying to correct on a review that was claiming a certain Christian religion was not Christian. Apparently only one side can be presented, one that just happens to advance a liberal political Godless agenda with propaganda.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have been wanting to break my Amazon habit for awhile, and they just provided me the boost I needed. To make sure I stick to it, I cancelled my Prime membership even though I still have a few months left. What got me was this: I placed an order that was to be a gift. I was sent the email saying it was confirmed, so I thought all was fine. When I did not get a delivery notice I checked and read it would be late- but it still would have made it in time. Never happened, but I was out of the country for a month and could do nothing. Upon my return I reached out to the seller, who then checked with Amazon. They told him the order was cancelled because my payment authorization did not go through, and that they notified me. Totally absolutely not true! Their message to me was that the seller was out of stock. He denies this, saying Amazon has his stock and sends it out.

I opened a chat with Amazon, gave the story, and the rep agreed there was no problem with my account. Told me to reorder from a seller who has stock, and they would refund me any difference in price and shipping. I told her I did not believe her, and would need to see it in an email. She sent the email, again urging me to feel confident and place the order. I did. **. I know. The email said to let them know when it arrived so they could issue the refund. Odd, but ok. So it arrived and I notified them. They thanked me for letting them know. I then asked when the refund would show up, and received the response that "no,no, that's not how Amazon works" and "sorry our representative gave you incorrect info".

After several emails back and forth with them thanking me for my patience and they could understand how the incorrect information led me to misunderstand their policy... I got it. They were not going to accept responsibility and honor what their representatives put in writing. Do I feel a bit stupid and naive? Yes, of course. But I also feel a bit freed. I will return to shopping in my town- though it will not be as convenient. I will shop online at other retailers, even though I may have to pay shipping and won't get things as fast. But somehow that feels healthier than doing business with a company who I now know is dishonest. So, I guess it is for the best. It cost me about $15 to learn that.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Amazon ripped me of all my Giftcards Value. What a Farce of a Company, no wonder they have so much money, how many 100s of 1000s do they Rip off every day, week, month, year, sneaky conniving Absolute Thieves **, only suspend the account that has the Giftcards attached.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Not only does Amazon have great products but their Customer Service for the most part is wonderful. Although most times you are outsourced to a different country, I personally have found that when I call it's either South Africa or Philippines and they speak so well, understand me and my NY accent and are quite nice. Let’s face it. Most times you are calling CS with a problem or issue. These agents have to listen to 8 hours of complaints so they themselves need a break. No matter how annoyed I am I try to be on my best behavior and as nice as can be because they too need a break with how nasty we as a society can be.

I have run up against any number of odd things that I have had to have handled and never once have I been disrespected or made to feel anything but a valued customer. I have had any number of 3rd party issues and again for the most part Amazon have backed me up 100%. Just remember in the end you get better results when you're nicer. It's even easier to be a nicer person than negative. ***I have never worked for nor do I know of anyone who has worked for this company. I have also never worked CS in this capacity..

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been a Prime member for many years. I use Amazon for most of my shopping needs except groceries. I haven’t really tried that as an option. They offer a lot for the cost of membership. This includes commercial free music, unlimited photo storage (not including video), free movies and TV shows and two day free shipping.

Also, I have never had a problem returning an item. Their customer service is always helpful including their technical support. They stand by what they have represented online. I had an order that showed to be delayed from the promised date, when I called they gave me five dollars off to use as credit; The package actually got there on the original promise date anyway. They also hold their sellers to the same standards. When I had purchased a mattress and adjustable bed from the website and had a problem they told me to call the distributor company and if I was not satisfied with a solution I was to call them back and let them know. For a very large company they operate like a small business with great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I’ve been using Amazon for 19 years and I swear by it. I’ve probably ordered well over a thousand items and my satisfaction rate is something like 98%. I certainly do my research by comparing prices with other online retailers and will use another retailer when their prices are cheaper. I rarely have a problem with the purchased product but when I do it always gets resolved. They also do a great job with inventory. I used a couple other online retailers, purchasing (supposedly in stock) items with guaranteed Christmas deliveries only to have my order cancelled right before Christmas as the item was out of stock. This has never happened with Amazon.

My only real complaint is with Amazon’s online reviews. Many of them are complete garbage, giving 5 star ratings on junk products. I’ve learned how to spot this and can now work around it; but I was duped a few times before I figured it out. Additionally purchasing from Amazon 3rd party sellers can sometimes present problems. Research their return policy before buying. Amazon’s return policy has always been fair and I’ve never had a problem. I’m also a Prime customer, so not only do I enjoy swift delivery but I get Prime video and music which I enjoy tremendously. I think as consumers we all need to do our homework; and while Amazon is not perfect; it has worked near enough to perfect for me.

Amazon.com Company Information