Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.96/5
Based on 4,793 ratings submitted in the last year

5678 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Not only does Amazon have great products but their Customer Service for the most part is wonderful. Although most times you are outsourced to a different country, I personally have found that when I call it's either South Africa or Philippines and they speak so well, understand me and my NY accent and are quite nice. Let’s face it. Most times you are calling CS with a problem or issue. These agents have to listen to 8 hours of complaints so they themselves need a break. No matter how annoyed I am I try to be on my best behavior and as nice as can be because they too need a break with how nasty we as a society can be.

I have run up against any number of odd things that I have had to have handled and never once have I been disrespected or made to feel anything but a valued customer. I have had any number of 3rd party issues and again for the most part Amazon have backed me up 100%. Just remember in the end you get better results when you're nicer. It's even easier to be a nicer person than negative. ***I have never worked for nor do I know of anyone who has worked for this company. I have also never worked CS in this capacity..

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been a Prime member for many years. I use Amazon for most of my shopping needs except groceries. I haven’t really tried that as an option. They offer a lot for the cost of membership. This includes commercial free music, unlimited photo storage (not including video), free movies and TV shows and two day free shipping.

Also, I have never had a problem returning an item. Their customer service is always helpful including their technical support. They stand by what they have represented online. I had an order that showed to be delayed from the promised date, when I called they gave me five dollars off to use as credit; The package actually got there on the original promise date anyway. They also hold their sellers to the same standards. When I had purchased a mattress and adjustable bed from the website and had a problem they told me to call the distributor company and if I was not satisfied with a solution I was to call them back and let them know. For a very large company they operate like a small business with great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I’ve been using Amazon for 19 years and I swear by it. I’ve probably ordered well over a thousand items and my satisfaction rate is something like 98%. I certainly do my research by comparing prices with other online retailers and will use another retailer when their prices are cheaper. I rarely have a problem with the purchased product but when I do it always gets resolved. They also do a great job with inventory. I used a couple other online retailers, purchasing (supposedly in stock) items with guaranteed Christmas deliveries only to have my order cancelled right before Christmas as the item was out of stock. This has never happened with Amazon.

My only real complaint is with Amazon’s online reviews. Many of them are complete garbage, giving 5 star ratings on junk products. I’ve learned how to spot this and can now work around it; but I was duped a few times before I figured it out. Additionally purchasing from Amazon 3rd party sellers can sometimes present problems. Research their return policy before buying. Amazon’s return policy has always been fair and I’ve never had a problem. I’m also a Prime customer, so not only do I enjoy swift delivery but I get Prime video and music which I enjoy tremendously. I think as consumers we all need to do our homework; and while Amazon is not perfect; it has worked near enough to perfect for me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime member for almost a year now. For only $12.99/month, I have so many options and Amazon products (streaming ANY music I want, at any time I choose on ANY device; Amazon unlimited photo storage with automatic uploading so I don't lose any photo or video when a device fails; Amazon Smile contributes to my charity of choice (St Jude's Ranch For Children in Boulder City, NV); Amazon NOW allows me to order almost anything I need from a grocery store, and delivers it to me within the time frame of my choosing; Amazon Prime gives me the option of choosing 2-day FREE shipping, or free shipping that delivers on a later date - but gives me a $5 reward for choosing the later option which can be applied to my Amazon NOW order (so far I choose the "later option for free delivery" twice and now I have a reward of $10 off my next Amazon Now purchase.

I love to shop on Amazon because here in Las Vegas, it's difficult for me to get to a store that offers the items I need. Plus, I can read reviews of products by people who are verified purchasers of the products, and ask questions about something I'm interested in, if I want. Even if I end up buying something in a store rather than on Amazon, I always try to read the product reviews and questions and answers about the item I'm buying ahead of time so I know I'm getting the right product for my needs.

When others have stated that their orders haven't shipped on time, it's probably due to the seller of the product in which case Amazon really has no control over how long an item takes to reach them. That's another thing I appreciate about Amazon Prime - I can order from an Amazon Prime verified seller which guarantees my 2-day free shipping, hence, I've never had an order that was misplaced, that didn't arrive on time, or any of the other problems some consumers complain about.

Amazon has excellent customer support, and due to the excellence of service I've received thus far, I've only contacted their customer support once - when I had a log on issue. Since I became a member of Amazon Prime, I've never had an issue with anything at all and am very pleased with the options I have for ordering everything and anything I need at any time I need it.

It is very well worth the $12.99/month fee for Prime membership because I figured out that if I shopped and purchased products in-store, I've spent a lot more than $12.99 on gasoline, wear and tear on my vehicle, the time it takes up going from store to store to find exactly what I need, and, of course the extra money spent on impulse-buying. (There's also the risk factor of getting a traffic ticket, lol, which would be more than twice the membership fee). For me, a person who used to love to browse through stores just looking - and comparison shopping, now that I am not able to do the walking it takes through huge warehouse stores, or handle the crowds of people at stores, the ability to shop on Amazon and avoid all of the hassle is far better than conventional shopping in stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I pay $128.00 for a Prime Membership to receive items ordered in 2 business days but it's been taking over 5 days to receive it. On 09/15/19, I ordered a $200.00 Visa Gift card to send to my granddaughter in college and Amazon charged my store credit card for $206.95. Amazon promised the delivery 09/16/19 then I received an email stating it would be 09/17/or/09/18/19. I waited until 9:00 pm on 09/18/19 but never receive the gift card. I called Amazon to ask why it wasn't delivered, customer service could not explain it. They pushed me off on Logistic (their carrier) and carrier asked me why was I transferred to them. Logistic transferred me back to customer service and bounced me around 3 times without any resolution.

Frustrating and very irritated, I asked them to cancel the order and refund my store credit card. I asked would it be an issue to purchase another Gift Card and was told no. On 09/18/19, I ordered a Mastercard Gift Card because there may have been an with Visa Card. I received notification the Mastercard would be delivered 09/20/19. I checked the tracking information and it stated it would be delivered by 9:00 pm. I checked an hour later and stated it would delivered by 10:00 pm 09/20/19.

After waiting 2 hours, I decided to check the status again where the date change again with the delivery date 09/21/19 - 09/24/19. I called Amazon customer service again and told both deliveries were delay because of the flood. I told them there wasn't a flood on 09/16 19 so it does not make sense. Akolhili transferred me to Logistics again (passing the buck) and I spoke to Andre to find out where was the package. Andre placed me on hold but another person was on the line and told me the building collapsed. I asked so the building was collapse on 09/16 also. He could not answer that question. My Amazon Store Card have both charges added to my account so I called Amazon/Synchrony Bank customer service told me Amazon.com charged me for both Gift Cards and no credit.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

DO NOT USE AMAZON'S TRADE-IN SYSTEM! They will rob you. We shipped back a Fire 8 HD tablet as well as an Echo Dot, 2nd Generation - the result was that they charged my card back the $15 and returned to us a "missing" tablet and a dirty Echo Dot that was out of its box after the shipment was late. I contacted their customer service and they were quick to dismiss me to their automated system telephone number. Absolute THIEVES! I should've just donated the items!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Bought a queen size adjustable bed. Received a full instead. Called and was told they can't replace it. Have to reorder it. And my payment won't come back to me till 30 days after they pick up the mistake. 30 days mind you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Order cpr manikins because of fast shipping and needing them by the weekend. Weekend came and went no adult cpr manikins. I was told they were damaged and sent back. I asked for a replacement to be sent and was told not an option. I asked for a refund and they said sure. 5 days later still no money. I call. They said no refund was issued. They will reprocess it and now it will take 5-7 business days. Zero internal complaint line. Zero accountability. When asked what they would do to keep me as a customer I was told, "We issued you a refund..." They need to be held accountable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have been paying for Prime for over 5 years and I have experienced several problems with the "2 day" shipping promise. I recently ordered a tshirt for a birthday gift that was due to be here on the day before the birthday (2 days ago). I'm still waiting for the confirmation that it had shipped. So apparently it hasn't shipped and my friend's birthday has come and gone. I'm very upset and customer service did not resolve this matter in any way. This has happened several times prior.

Amazon.com Company Information