2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.2/5 (5379 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have been a Prime members for 10 years. I used to receive my items in 2-3 days. Amazon now delivers my items in 7 or more days from ordering. This is unacceptable. Amazon still advertises free and “fast” 2 day delivery with Amazon Prime. If I used to get 2-3 day delivery there is no reason Amazon can’t, (actually won’t) honor their advertised 2 day Prime delivery. Unhelpful customer service and dishonest delivery advertising are now what Amazon chooses to be known for.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Seller was absolutely no help and neither was Amazon. Tires did not fit and could not be mounted to my rim. I was initially told I would receive a refund due to this. After spending over $500 to ship them back. They charged me another $500+ to restock them. Initial cost $1200. Bottom line I spent over $2200 for tires that did NOT fit and could NOT be used and got $632 back. Amazon said they would reimburse my shipping return and NEVER did. They said they would work with the Seller given the circumstances to get full refund, but NEVER did. So disappointed. BUYER BEWARE...

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have been using Amazon for many years and always loved them, but recently learned that they now allow major brands to veto the posting of negative reviews, even when those reviews are honest and factually correct, and concern the possibly unsafe nature of the item. Two Amazon employees admitted as much to me over the phone. In addition, before I discovered this, Amazon's official response to my review, which raised concerns regarding the possibly dangerous nature of a product flaking off bits of plastic into users' mouths, was that it violated their "community guidelines", but of course without stating which aspect of the guidelines. I guess this is now just an easily abused way to block any review that might harm sales (which one Amazon employee also admitted to me over the phone, that my review was blocked due to potentially harming sales).

Multiple requests to discuss my review with their reviews team in hopes of possibly adjusting it, or at least finding out what guideline exactly was violated, were met with promises that that team would get back to me within 48 hours, but they never did, I assume because they know they have no defense for this. I'm no expert, but this practice seems like it could qualify as deceptive, misleading, or unfair business practice, and I will be bringing it up with my state AG. For the record, this was for a product from a major brand that was "shipped and sold by Amazon", not some shady 3rd-party seller.

On a final call, Amazon essentially threatened me by referencing their legal department. I guess money is now more important to them than their customers, even long-time ones like myself who have spent many thousands of dollars with them. Shame. This is all to say nothing of the explosion of fraudulent merchants selling fake garbage on their marketplace, which is why I had been buying only products marked "shipped and sold by Amazon" for some time, but I guess even this is no longer completely safe.

Original review: May 5, 2021

As of this moment I am coming up on 4 weeks of being locked out of my account and not one person is competent enough to help me resolve this problem. I have followed all their directions and spent HOURS on the phone begging for help. I have even called the corporate office in which you cannot make it past the receptionist as they do not concern themselves with petty customer problems. I am completely disgusted by this company! I have been a prime customer for 10 years and I am done with their incompetence.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I have been a customer since early DVD and book days when no other product was really available, ordered thousands of products since and for years they outperformed any other online companies. Now the story is very different for years. Constant let down by customer service. Empty promises made, even lies for which I have proof in writing. Even when I face them with their failures they ignore. Extremely hard to reach them over traceable form like emails and they just keep repeating their comments without addressing what you are saying.

When you try to escalate the issue, there is nowhere to go. I give you an example, a 3 camera home security system was sold and 1 of it broke down. I was told to send all 3 back (taking them off the walls is a work in itself) and they would refund. I purchased it at a sale price and current upgraded product cots 3x as much. So I complained I did not want to invest as much and I would have never entered this product range for that price tag (I have another few of the same product so I cannot just jump system to another brand). But Amazon could not care less and they were not willing to exchange one, or fix it. Complete let down happens now regularly. Their Indian customer service representatives regularly come with comments like "rest assured", "leave it with me". Complete lies usually. Very very disappointing.

Amazon.com Company Information