4.06/5
Based on 4,746 ratings submitted in the last year

5367 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have had a few bad experiences with the delivered products from Amazon (damaged 2x in a row, unable to return something because I didn’t have a large enough box, stolen/missing items). However, every single time I call Amazon customer service on the phone, I am given incredible service. (And I’m not a prime member.) I was terrified to call the first time, having dealt with large corporation “customer service” before. I have had the agents go completely above and beyond though to help me figure out unique problems or to make sure I’m not paying for damaged, missing, and unwanted items. I’m a realtor for CO, I’m not a spokesperson, I just know good customer service and I think Amazon trains and holds their agents to a higher standard, and it shows. I can’t speak to their email or “chat” customer service, but in my experience, I would never use those. Just call, be nice, explain your issue, and they want to help you solve it! (Speedy service, too. I never? — or rarely at least — have to wait for an agent.)

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I’ve been using Amazon for 19 years and I swear by it. I’ve probably ordered well over a thousand items and my satisfaction rate is something like 98%. I certainly do my research by comparing prices with other online retailers and will use another retailer when their prices are cheaper. I rarely have a problem with the purchased product but when I do it always gets resolved. They also do a great job with inventory. I used a couple other online retailers, purchasing (supposedly in stock) items with guaranteed Christmas deliveries only to have my order cancelled right before Christmas as the item was out of stock. This has never happened with Amazon.

My only real complaint is with Amazon’s online reviews. Many of them are complete garbage, giving 5 star ratings on junk products. I’ve learned how to spot this and can now work around it; but I was duped a few times before I figured it out. Additionally purchasing from Amazon 3rd party sellers can sometimes present problems. Research their return policy before buying. Amazon’s return policy has always been fair and I’ve never had a problem. I’m also a Prime customer, so not only do I enjoy swift delivery but I get Prime video and music which I enjoy tremendously. I think as consumers we all need to do our homework; and while Amazon is not perfect; it has worked near enough to perfect for me.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime member for almost a year now. For only $12.99/month, I have so many options and Amazon products (streaming ANY music I want, at any time I choose on ANY device; Amazon unlimited photo storage with automatic uploading so I don't lose any photo or video when a device fails; Amazon Smile contributes to my charity of choice (St Jude's Ranch For Children in Boulder City, NV); Amazon NOW allows me to order almost anything I need from a grocery store, and delivers it to me within the time frame of my choosing; Amazon Prime gives me the option of choosing 2-day FREE shipping, or free shipping that delivers on a later date - but gives me a $5 reward for choosing the later option which can be applied to my Amazon NOW order (so far I choose the "later option for free delivery" twice and now I have a reward of $10 off my next Amazon Now purchase.

I love to shop on Amazon because here in Las Vegas, it's difficult for me to get to a store that offers the items I need. Plus, I can read reviews of products by people who are verified purchasers of the products, and ask questions about something I'm interested in, if I want. Even if I end up buying something in a store rather than on Amazon, I always try to read the product reviews and questions and answers about the item I'm buying ahead of time so I know I'm getting the right product for my needs.

When others have stated that their orders haven't shipped on time, it's probably due to the seller of the product in which case Amazon really has no control over how long an item takes to reach them. That's another thing I appreciate about Amazon Prime - I can order from an Amazon Prime verified seller which guarantees my 2-day free shipping, hence, I've never had an order that was misplaced, that didn't arrive on time, or any of the other problems some consumers complain about.

Amazon has excellent customer support, and due to the excellence of service I've received thus far, I've only contacted their customer support once - when I had a log on issue. Since I became a member of Amazon Prime, I've never had an issue with anything at all and am very pleased with the options I have for ordering everything and anything I need at any time I need it.

It is very well worth the $12.99/month fee for Prime membership because I figured out that if I shopped and purchased products in-store, I've spent a lot more than $12.99 on gasoline, wear and tear on my vehicle, the time it takes up going from store to store to find exactly what I need, and, of course the extra money spent on impulse-buying. (There's also the risk factor of getting a traffic ticket, lol, which would be more than twice the membership fee). For me, a person who used to love to browse through stores just looking - and comparison shopping, now that I am not able to do the walking it takes through huge warehouse stores, or handle the crowds of people at stores, the ability to shop on Amazon and avoid all of the hassle is far better than conventional shopping in stores.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Once again, I'm giving Amazon a 5-star experience, this time due to its excellence in customer care, even on a Sunday afternoon. When I had an issue with a local UPS store while trying to print a return shipping label for an item I purchased from Amazon, I contacted the customer care department on the Amazon shopping website in order to have them mail the return shipping documentation to my home. The deadline to return my item was very near so I was in a bit of a panic to get a return label asap - my printer refused to print, the UPS computer and printer were not cooperating, and to get the proper documentation mailed to my home was my last hope... Until I chatted online with an Amazon.com customer care representative.

The CSR I chatted online with was patient while I explained every detail of my frustrating dilemma. Not only did the CSR listen to every word I wrote in chat (I know this because he addressed each struggle), he reassured me and told me I could expect a UPS driver to come to my home the next business day to pick up my return package and that I would not have to print any return shipment documentation - it was going to be handled by Amazon and UPS, free of charge. As a former Customer Service Specialist for a large corporation in Los Angeles, I and my workgroup won awards for excellence in customer satisfaction. Based on that, my 5-star rating here should have some value.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Shopping online has become not just a luxury for me, but a necessity due to my disability. I no longer have the ability to stroll through stores, browsing the shelves for what I need or to be inspired by what I see there. The Amazon Prime shopping app (both on my phone and on my laptop) has afforded me the opportunity to look at different products I need, check prices on different brands, and read reviews by customers who have purchased and used the products I'm interested in purchasing. It also delivers what I order in a very timely manner, and since I've become a Prime member, my deliveries are free, within a few days of placing and paying for my orders.

Since the deliveries arrive via UPS, my phone is alerted with a text message telling me my packages have been delivered to my doorstep. Anytime, if ever, I need to return something, Amazon.com sends a return shipping label to my email which I can easily print, and drop my package off at the UPS store only a few blocks from my home. I can also choose to have a UPS driver pick up the return package from my home so I don't even have to leave the house. (Another option Amazon gives me is to mail a return shipping label to my house for just $1, in the event that I am unable to get my EPSON printer to function properly... See my other review!)

I had a minor issue with getting a return shipping label printed at the local UPS store, so I contacted Amazon customer support and chatted with one of their CSRs online. My issue was resolved beyond my expectations. I've never been happier with online shopping, in all regards. Overall, I would highly recommend Amazon Prime to anyone - not just those who are homebound like myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: May 25, 2019

Order payment error. I placed an order using an Amazon gift card as part of the payment. The check out page showed the gift card had been applied. When the order processed, it dropped the gift card off and charged the entire amount to my bank account. Called customer service and they say they can't do anything about it until next week. Ridiculous!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

On May 14th I ordered two products. One came in on time, the other never arrived. It was due to arrive on the 17th. On the 17th I checked my order and it had disappeared without explanation. So on the 20th I called customer service and spoke to a helpful woman that informed me they were waiting for 'verification' from my bank and the bank was not responding. They also tell me an email was sent on the 16th. And that someone was to contact me within 24-48 hours with more information. I was informed email was the only possible communication available for such things.

I call my bank and they inform me there was no indication or contact from Amazon and nothing showing for the price range. I then check my email only to find there was no email. I again call Amazon to update them and I spoke to a man that seemed incapable of listening. He repeated the same line over and over 'someone will contact you within 24-28 hours'.

I decide to call later and hopefully get a better rep. Sadly, this did not happen as the next person I spoke to seemed to be cloned from the first and had the same line to repeat. I asked to at least verify that they had my email correct, which was apparently too hard for this rep to understand as well. Also I discovered my entire account was frozen. It's now been four days since I first heard 'someone will contact you within 24-48 hours', and 10 days since my order was placed and no one has contacted me. So I called back today and sounded as if I got the same rep as last time.

This rep then proceeds to tell me they sent a second email on the 19th. When I reminded her that I have no email on the account She then instructed me I could add an email through the app. I was told my billing information didn't match. The same billing information that allowed the second item I purchased at the same time to be ordered and shipped. And all previous orders. Also, now, for the first time I was informed the order was cancelled on the 19th, the day before my first call. The conversation devolved into her repeating over and over that I could use the app to add an email, even when I was speaking about topics entirely unrelated to email.

I requested a supervisor who, basically, was equally as clueless and useless, just with a bigger title. So 10 days after my order and I still have Zero answers as to why one product was sold and shipped and another had the wrong billing information. Why no one ever called me back. Why I wasn't informed about needing to add an email to my account until 10 days, and 2 emails, later. Why (and how) emails were sent to an account without an email address. How was my order cancelled on the 19th yet no one informed me of this on my next three calls. Now I have to attempt another dreaded call and hope I can get things figured out. I've only had Amazon a few months and am already close to closing my entire account.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I don't know what happened to Amazon delivery but it is HORRIBLE now. What is the purpose of asking PAYING members what their delivery preferences are if they blatantly ignore them? Usually people list preferences for a reason. I only ask to put my items at my front door (MY FRONT DOOR), that way they can attempt to ring my door bell so that I can get my package or leave it there when I don't answer, but their drivers will leave my packages ANYWHERE they feel like it and then state that "package was handed directly to a resident," yet they left the package behind a flower pot in front of my garage door, when my front door is only a few steps away, and NEVER rang the door bell. LAZY LAZY LAZY.

I don't know if it is new drivers, or bad logistics but this needs to stop. They won't let us cancel our Prime shipping or I would and just keep the streaming because this is getting worse each time. How do you increase the price of Prime, and the service goes down?? If I wanted that I would have stayed with AT&T. And they will say, "we will do our best to ensure this doesn't happen again," and then it happens 4 times in a row.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Since the early 2000s I have written almost 500 reviews on Amazon.com for products, books and movies and at one point was one of the top few hundred reviewers on the site. I have enjoyed sharing my opinions and honing my writing skills by writing these review. All of a sudden, however, every last one of my reviews were deleted about 4 months ago. When I finally discovered how to contact Amazon customer service (whose contact info was hidden deeply in the bowels of their website), I was told that one of my reviews had violated Amazon's policies. I was not told which review had violated which policy, but I was promised that someone would get back to me. No one ever did.

I have contacted Amazon's customer service department at least 15 times over the last 4 months and have been given the same run-around each time. The Indian workers tell me that they are forwarding my problem to the "review team" (who have no contact phone #) but I would assuredly be contacted within 24-48 hours to let me know what the issue was. No one has ever contacted me. One rep though hinted, without confirming, that it was my negative review of the movie, "Black Panther" which triggered my banning when several people colluded to flag it as inappropriate. That is a problem, but the bigger problem is the idiotic deletion of every single one of my reviews and the utterly unprofessional run-around I've been getting from the unbelievably incompetent amazon customer service team from overseas.

Original review: May 21, 2019

As a long time devotee of Amazon & Amazon Prime? my recent experiences within orders reflecting the “Prime” advantages are done. The yearly rise of the cost to the advantage of membership I have felt were justified, in point the excellence held in customer service related to membership were on a par w/ few? If any, however my last few encounters regarding specific orders fulfilled through in which assistance was imperative to resolve an emergency fail regarding an item directly purchased through Prime, left me with the realization that as the enormity of growth has greatly affected the pricing now found anywhere, as opposed to the years of Amazon having the best price points available bar none?

There are few reasons to continue “membership” as service decline is now nothing comparatively to past. Lack of premier customer service has been worth the lack of cost effective pricing, the loss of excellence in package delivery, the loss of most everything I originally found superior? Pretty much faded into a fond memory, however the ability to provide the best customer service I had ever received continuously? Yes, was worth the extensive yearly increases Prime continued to charge while as stated declined at the same rate price point excelled. Now however, their customer service is as decreased as benefits of membership. Less than even one star, rude, unprofessional and totally without interest & information on individual consumer. Was told to “order from Amazon Prime NEXT time to ensure my order would receive first priority in ability to assist me? Ah, excuse me?

The item contacted as to needing replacement assistance WAS ordered from? My son’s turtle heater stopped in middle of night, not something I could replace by going to mortar, & specifically purchased BECAUSE of the knowledge I falsely held in security of assistance should anything go awry. Begging for another item of similar nature I would PURCHASE & go over the problem she presented in lack of professional knowledge of order at later date? Was told “got no idea”, and AGAIN instructed only to purchase through Prime if I was to encounter any issues with a new product? When told to contact seller? Requested info? Blurred on screen for exactly 6.2 seconds and gone the moment she “ended conversation”. After? Lost merchandise again purchased through Prime ended when after weeks of nothing I inquired with a blunt “yeah contact seller?”

So many continuously same unprofessional actions after? I would NEVER recommend the price of Prime to ANYONE considering. Another competitive as Jet.com? Even the dreadful area that Walmart.com offers at least are expected with difficulty in areas, not areas of difficulty you need to PAY them to adhere to in within ridiculously unexceptional, unacceptable, & unprofessional customer resolve & solutions. Amazon is now? Walmart.com but with a pricey charge to be treated secondary to inferior.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Why are products labeled with prime shipping available when they are not. The sad part is this is not the first time that an item has not been delivered on time. If I wanted to wait a week for the product I could have ordered it from another site at a cheaper price. I pay for a quicker delivery and I am very dissatisfied with the outcome.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I've been an Amazon Prime member since practically the beginning back in the mid 1990s. I have ordered lots and lots of things and have never had delivery problems until they recently started using their own AMZL carrier in my area. I had a chat session this evening trying to resolve a delivery issue (carrier lied about attempting a delivery) and then asked if there was a way I could ask that my future orders not be delivered by AMZL. I was given an email address to write about this issue. So I wrote a long note, only to have it bounce because they don't monitor that address for incoming messages! So why did their representative give it to me? And there is no one to contact about that issue. Sigh, I've loved being an Amazon Prime customer but it seems times to look elsewhere.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I've been an Amazon.com customer for several years now and we've been happy, however for awhile their Amazon was using a delivery carrier called OnTrac which was a nightmare. Items were delivered to who know where and took 2 weeks at times. Now it seems that Amazon has their own delivery service and it's a scary thing indeed. The drivers are in street clothes, unmarked cars and look like day labors or someone that 30 minutes prior to being near your front door were holding a cardboard sign begging for alcohol money. These individuals sometimes bring other people with them in their automobile. I witnessed one person get out of the delivery drivers car and scope out the items in my garage. Another delivery was past 9 pm on a Sunday. Amazon delivery service in my opinion is inviting potential crime to my front door.

When the USPS or UPS delivered packages I was able to track my package and know where my package was. Some carriers even provided a text message that your package was delivered. Now all I get is that my package was delivered to a secured area. Well that package wasn't delivered to me, my front door or mail box so wherever the secured area was I had no idea. If Amazon is going to bring unmarked cars and strange people to my front door that I would cross a street to avoid then I'll take my business elsewhere.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Amazon now sends you a bar code to make a return on prime that can only be done at a genuine UPS store, not a pack and ship. I had to run all over to make my return. As a USPS and UPS customer, in the past if I had to make a return they sent me the RMA, I printed the label and could drop USPS in my post box or drop at the pack and ship a few blocks away. Very simple process. Now I have to drive miles and stand in line for service which is very annoying. Think Amazon is getting too big and spoiling some of the great features that made them so successful.

Wake up Amazon! Don't complicate what a great process you had going. I buy a lot on here. Sometimes because I have prime I buy stuff because I do not feel like running out to shop when I know I can have it in 2 days anyhow. I will no longer buy anything such as clothing, since the return process is no longer friendly. I was very careful to read the sizing reviews, but apparently the people giving them were not real accurate.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I know Amazon has their dumb charge you after order and then refund and charge again after item is shipped but i was not refunded for the 1st time and now ive been double charged. And it pisses me off cause now my account is in the negative simply because of the double charge. And ive tried to get a refund since sunday and here i am still no refund and it just pisses me off so much.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been a happy Amazon customer for more than 15 years. Above all, Amazon seemed reliable and trustworthy. But as of April 2019 things have changed (my personal experience): Lots of mix-ups with shipping (wrong items, wrong sizes), fraudulent sellers (advertising misleading information), customer service clearly less professional (phone people, friendly but increasingly clueless), sketchy people making delivery in weird vehicles, and the return process has become a nightmare with QR codes and having to dredge to an Amazon return places. What is going on? Amazon in inner turmoil?

Original review: May 16, 2019

I stopped ordering from Amazon but have found myself going back to them because of the quick shipping. A few months ago I ordered an item to help my recently disabled dog that was supposed to be shipped the next day. After a few days I checked the order and learned that it would be a few weeks. I would not have ordered if I knew that. The same thing just happened again. I ordered from Amazon because I needed the item right away and it was supposed to arrive today. It hasn't come and I just looked at the order and now it says it will arrive in 3 weeks. What is up with this? These are the things that remind me why I left in the first place.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Don’t order anything large and expensive. I spent $260 on a home gym. I only received roughly half the parts. After months of back and forth, they approved a return, at my expense. Because of the weight, that would have cost more then I paid in the first place.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Before my rant, I want to say I love all things Amazon, I am and will stay a loyal consumer in spite of my current experiences. About a month ago, my account was compromised, I thought it was handled until I tried to log into my account to find it was temporarily disabled.. Go Amazon security!!! Well it is still disabled, 5 weeks later. I have spoke with at least 6 different reps. Finally spoke with a Jarrett ** who knew what he was doing. Needless to say I was unable to answer security questions, account still closed. After an hour and 10 minutes, we discussed opening new account. Can’t use my email. Already in use.

I am now becoming upset, they will not open my account or refund my gift card $$ as I was told is a federal law. He refused to connect me with someone that could help, I told him I could wait, he replied, "There is nothing more I can do for you so I am going to disconnect" and he did. I totally get the security issue. But what bad business. He could clearly see my account on his end. Why not let me open new account and refund the gift card??? Super sad customer. ☹️☹️

Original review: May 14, 2019

Today is May 14, 2019 and, supposedly, Amazon has implemented a new push to get items to us in one day. The problem is, items are not always delivered when advertised, which is a huge problem in this day of porch pirates stealing items. If I schedule a delivery, I make sure I will be home that day. If Amazon doesn't deliver that day, as scheduled, that means I have to take time off or adjust my schedule so that I'm home on their new delivery date.

I'd prefer if Amazon was just more accurate and honest about the day they say my deliveries are coming. Right now, I have to stay at home today to receive an item that was scheduled for delivery YESTERDAY. So that makes two days in a row I have to make sure I'm at home. I just called Amazon to complain about this and was told that their deliveries can't be guaranteed and that I should try using Amazon Lockers. Not practical for larger deliveries and very inconvenient. So much for one day or even scheduled deliveries...

Original review: May 13, 2019

Amazon used to do a great job. Now they have sold out to the independent drivers I guess. late deliveries, packages apparently thrown out on front lawn, smelling like smoke. Crapy attitudes. One lady barely put out her cigarette before ** at my wife about the inability to find the business address on her business door. Nobody else has an issue. I looked outside and down the street and this stellar delivery person had just left a bunch of the boxes on the sidewalk outside the door of the business.... How stupid do you have to be? They need to stop this or do something different.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered this swimsuit at $14 to be fulfilled by HOLIPICK and shipped via "PRIME" because it was advertised as 1 day Prime shipping, and clearly a great price. I saw that the payment was debited the evening it was ordered, and received notification that it was shipped the next day. I had no reason to believe that things had gone awry or that it would not arrive by the estimated 1-2 days shipment date advertised. It was not until it did not show up that I began to question things.

I went back to review my shipping confirmation email and realized that it was showing an expected arrival date anywhere b/t 3-6 weeks out. I needed it within the week. I called Amazon to attempt to rectify the situation only to be told that their system showed it was purchased through a 3rd party and there was nothing that they could about the time frame.

I advised that although their system was reflecting a 3rd party that was not accurate. I have my account set to always use PRIME shipping, so I'm not sure how a 3rd party shipper got involved. They could not explain this either. Basically, told me it was not possible. They also could not explain why on my end it appeared I was ordering something being fulfilled by Amazon while on their end it was showing a 3rd party. They also could not explain why if it was not the "same" item I ordered, when even if I clicked the link from my account order history to "buy again" it was taking me to the link showing the Amazon as the party fullfilling the shipment.

Oh, and peeps... this item that wasn't the "same item" had all of the exact reviews and questions that were on the ITEM that they say was the ITEM I ordered. I think we can all agree that ALLOWING THE SAME REVIEW ON ITEMS - EVEN WHEN SOLD/FULFILLED BY DIFFERENT SELLERS IS EXTREMELY MISLEADING!!! And a Major FAIL on Amazon's part.

They were NOT willing to do anything but provide a refund of the $15 that was spent on the item, and ALLOW me to purchase the another at the price of $26.99-meaning I would have to pay $12-$13 more now than what was initially paid FOR THE "SAME" ITEM - all to have it shipped by AMAZON PRIME as it was originally purchased! I feel this is not an acceptable solution to the problem. I now trust nothing or any reviews left on this site. VERY, VERY displeased!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I am not an Amazon Prime customer. A neighbor on another street is. I have consistently received his packages delivered to my home since before Christmas 2018 (I guess that when he got Prime). My address is clearly marked at the end of my driveway. However since the drivers only use GPS and apparently not their own eyes, my neighbor's items are delivered even though it is a completely different address. On GPS, the streets overlap and the screen must be expanded to show they are separate roads.

I called Amazon yesterday (again) to complain of misdirected delivery and the phone rep said to "dispose of the package, or you can donate it." I was shocked and asked her to repeat that. She said the item can be thrown away. I guess the expectation is that the buyer will wait a few days, not get his package and have to call to see what happened to it and they'll resend it? What an unbelievably shabby way to do business. I've been an Amazon customer off and on but am really rethinking if I want to continue giving them my business in any manner. Shameful way to do business.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Amazon leaves my packages in the open lobby of another building in my apartment complex. They consider it a "mail room" which it is not, and packages have been stolen from there. I am unable to pick up my packages from this location. Complaints to Amazon result in apologies but no improvement in service. I consider the problem to be laziness on the part of the delivery personnel. My apartment is not difficult to find.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This is the 10th day that I have been waiting for my two packages from Amazon. I had just cancelled my Amazon Prime, and then that same day put in an order. This was 10 days ago, tomorrow. One was not on its way, and the other one keeps getting extended. These are just regular products, you can get many other places. So it isn't as if they were not in stock. I have called four or five times. The last time, today, she hung up on me. Probably because I was annoyed. This is not the company people seem to think it is. I feel the service has gone down a lot. I will be doing my orders where I use to.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I just feel Amazon has gotten too big for itself to control or maintain any type of integrity. I am a prime member and have been for some time. I pay monthly. I dont order a lot of stuff but I would say Ive been let down by at least half of the orders Ive gotten. From day of delivery not happening or the package just doesnt show up. I call and have to talk to sometimes I kid you not 10+ people transferring me from one person to the next. To no avail. No one cares. There is no sense of urgency. I am one person that has gone through this today alone. At least half of my orders have ended in disappointment in all the time I have been a member...

Think of how many people get wronged everyday by Amazon and the only thing they offer is to give you your money back. Give you some promo which turns out to be nonsense. Or offer an excuse or solution that later turns out by yet another person to be untrue and they actually say, "I dont know why they would have said that" and the circle continues. Instead of that nonsense that doesnt fix the problem. Fix the problem- YOUR EMPLOYEES!! They are all on different pages. Train the employees that have to run the company. With the same play book so everyone has the same training and knowledge they need to deal effectively with the customers. Amazon is out of control!! No accountability and no integrity. It has to get better.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased a king size Doona in faux fur. It is exactly how it was described in looks and colour. The delivery was very quick with no hiccups. The Doona looks beautiful on our bed. Very soft & cozy. My delivery was free which kept my price down on my product. Would buy again from Amazon Australia. Keep up the good work Amazon Australia.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I bought a product Airtel 4g wifi hotspot, they have the date for the delivery that 4-8 May. But they still don't deliver it and asking to look into this for two days again and again. I have suffered a lot from their worst service or seller response. And also am shocked of their service and how they handle their seller, god knows. Even they don't have any procedure to select another seller to get delivery on time. They just wait for the seller to deliver on their own. I am very much upset of Amazon service and thus writing this review. They don't care about you money, value and time at last. They must follow a scripted procedure to solve any problem and makes you fool out of it. So it's better to trust of your own country oriented businesses rather than these online selling freaks.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Today I noticed on my credit card statement two charges for Amazon video. Since I have never signed up for, nor watched an Amazon video, I was concerned about why I was being charged for this. When I called Amazon and explained the situation, they said they were able to see the person’s account who was using my credit card. They asked me to guess who it might be. I gave my husband’s name but they said it wasn’t him. I explained that nobody else has access to my credit cards or my Amazon account.

Even though they could see who was fraudulently using my credit card, they refused to give me that person’s name claiming it was due to “security reasons“ and “protecting that person‘s privacy”. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, they transferred me to some senior account person and told me that was the highest person I could speak to. That person ultimately told me the same thing. It appears Amazon is supporting credit card fraud for people who are using stolen credit cards to purchase their goods and services.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I ordered a play structure for my son's second birthday. I ordered it over a month in advance so that I'd be sure it was ready in time. I told family and friends not to get him anything because one big gift was all he needed. Two boxes arrived and I hid them in my basement. The plan was to build it the night before his birthday, while he was sleeping. That way, when he got up the next morning, he'd walk outside to the surprise. After he went to bed, my husband, father-in-law, and I, got started building it. About five minutes in, we realized there were some big important pieces that weren't in either of the boxes. So I checked online and discovered that the shipment was supposed to have three boxes, and that the third box was missing. I spoke to someone at customer service who told me that it looked like the third box was somewhere in Ohio (I'm in California). The customer service agent I spoke to said that I should wait five days. It's been five days.

I called Amazon customer service today. They told me I should check with Fed Ex. I called Fed Ex and discovered that they never received that third package from Amazon to send me. Fed Ex may have printed a label in Ohio, but they never received a box because Amazon never sent it. Amazon customer service told me I could get a refund of my order and then reorder the item. I paid $229.99 for the item through Amazon (as the seller). The cheapest I could find the item was $398.20 through a third party seller. I told Amazon that they needed to make up the difference because it was their fault my son didn't have a birthday present, as they never sent the third box. They told me I had to contact the seller. I reminded them that they were the seller. They said they could only make up $25 worth of a difference.

I tried to write a review, but it was rejected because it wasn't about the item, it was about the seller. So I tried to write a review about the seller. Guess what? You can only write reviews about a seller when it's a third party seller. If Amazon is the seller, no review. I spoke with three different people at customer service and none of them were able to show me how I might write a review about Amazon as the seller. So now my son didn't get a birthday present, I'm paying over $150 more for an item than I should have, and I can't even post a negative review. I am PISSED.

Amazon.com Company Information