2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5
Based on 1,642 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

With Amazon you can leisurely shop in the comfort of your own home for just about anything. Amazon automatically shows other items for you to compare so you don't have to keep searching for a better price, etc. Shipping costs are usually free or very inexpensive. They save items you previously viewed. You can add items to a wish list or cart to purchase a later date. You can review all of your past orders. Your payment methods are stored securely in your account.

When your item arrives and for some reason you have to return it, you click on return on your orders page next to the item you are returning and you are emailed a return label and then you ship it for free at UPS or go to a Kohl's store and return shipping is free! Once the return is in process, your payment account is credited before Amazon even gets the item back. The prices of items are extremely competitive. When you need to contact customer service you get an immediate response and they help you in every possible way! Need I say more?

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I absolutely love Amazon. Their selections, prices, notifications and returns are so easy and customer friendly. I am a disabled veteran with metal rods and screws in my lower back. My resistance to the cold is very low and the cold can be painful. I only bought Christmas presents in a store for 2 of my 14 grandchildren. I was also able to avoid the post office by having 4 gifts sent directly to 2 distant states.

I have had a few returns and I love how easy it is to send them back. Some I just print a label, repack and leave for my mailman and others I take to a local Kohl's. I do not have to package it up, I just show the QR code Amazon has sent (I show it on my phone or you can print it). It is only a few hours and the money is back in my account. Kohl's will give you your return receipt and a 25% off in store coupon good for a week. Savvy, aren't they. LOL. I have had a few issues that required a phone call directly to Amazon and have been taken care of with courtesy, friendliness and a quick resolution of the problem. As you can see I am in love with Amazon and will continue to buy a $5 or less item or a $1000 plus item. You just can't go wrong!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

We have shopped Amazon for years and always find them a pleasure do deal with. We live in a isolated area where there is no shopping unless you want to drive over 200 miles to the stores. It really doesn't matter because Amazon can deliver what we want or need when we want it and accepts returns without any hassles. You may find a product for less money at other places but when you figure tax and shipping it always comes in higher than with Amazon. We have bought a few items of clothing throughout the years and have also returned some. Other than this they are where we shop. We buy paper products from them as well, such as stables for house. We always check other outlets first but always end up going to Amazon.

After many years of shopping with this store, without a doubt we know for a fact that we do not have any worries about a return or refunds with this outlet. If we have any issues we can always rely on a Rep. taking care of it without any stress on our part. They have always come through 100% for us. There just isn't any online store like this one for shopping for they cover anything one might want to buy, all lines of any product you are interested in along with reviews which greatly help in making decisions to purchase. They continue to be our number one online for us, can't see that ever changing.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I'm very disappointed in their shipping, I pay for Prime, and expect to receive what I pay for, I can except 3 days. Why is that EBAY can get 4 huge truck tire to my door in 3 days, but Amazon can't send an eye bolt in 30 days? Or Secondipity can't send a huge miter saw in 2 days to my door, but Amazon can't get a pair of crocs to me in less than 30 days? Yeah, Covid19 is flaming, but it hasn't slowed anyone else down! order lost, order delayed, missed multiple shipping dates, package delivered, not received, it's ridiculous, there is no excuse, they should have had a contingency plan in place for such events.. Period! I'm going back to EBAY, they have everything Amazon has, and most time cheaper.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

Fed up with Amazon late shipments. Been off and on with good to crappy service for over 2 years. This time around packages are just sitting in warehouse, but indicate as lost. 1 of 17 arrived 2 weeks later. All others are still 'lost'. The issue is they do not re route packages when road closures or other hazards exist, they just keep them in warehouse, and dont report updates on them. There is mystery into why the systems indicate a package is lost, when it is just being held in a warehouse. Amazon does not reroute packages when they are in a flood, or storm or a fire. They just will have them sit. No indication of effort to reroute.

I am in a fire area a few towns away. I still get USPS packages, FedEx, and UPS. They figured out ways to reroute packages to another town first. They gave me indications of where my package is. I no longer believe Prime service has any true value. I would recommend people try to figure out how not to need Amazon Prime, and to drop this crappy service as soon as possible. Even on one of the packages that I requested a refund on I had to wait a week and a half for item to appear to ship and be routed back to seller before refund was granted, even though the package was said to be lost in transit. Amazon needs to communicate better with us, and keep its word to our guaranteed service we are paying for.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

When I received the case I still can see previous shipping label on the box, someone return it, then Amazon resell again. Buyer beware, Amazon sale used Cougar Gemini X case as new, I tried to leave review on Amazon, but could not posted, buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I will start by saying we love Amazon overall and we bought over 60,000 last year. Typically we like them because they are fast, dependable and we hate to shop but lately since COVID the orders get slower and slower and we have an enormous Amazon warehouse in my backyard. Here is an example. I bought a floor polisher on September 14th and it said free delivery by September 17th. OK, three days, we pay for two days but I can live with three days. Then I just look and now it says that it will arrive on September 23rd and then if you look at the product again it says it will be delivered by September 20th!! REALLY, WHAT AM I PAYING FOR???? I thought we paid to get two day shipping. Blame it on COVID, SURE, UPS still has two day delivery!!!

It's not just this order. We wait for items probably an average of over a week and I am getting ready to shift my online business from Amazon to either Walmart or Target. When I call to complain I am put on hold for very long periods and when they finally answer I get the "we are so sorry for the inconvenience" Then they offer to credit my account 10.00. I don't want the ten dollars (I wasted more than 10.00 worth of time on hold). What I want is SERVICE THAT I PAY FOR!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Amazon, after not replying via email nor their 3rd party vendor by email who I bought a desktop computer through, finally took my phone call. I purchased a desktop which did not work right; it was very slow almost at all times. I asked for a refund and vendor provided me what I paid less $340 with no apparent reason explained... even though what they shipped me is exactly what I shipped back to them. Now, a month later, Amazon after finally taking my phone call, is investigating and has advised it will take at least another two weeks or perhaps more to provide me an update. Why would they take a $340 amount out of what I paid when I returned everything to vendor, you've got me. Nothing EVER advised to me about the reason.

Amazon associate I spoke with on 9.15.20 seemed to be appalled/amazed/understanding, yet she told me clearly 'you may or may not receive the remainder of what you paid from us.' Why would I have EVER bought a product like this, essentially defective and returned to Amazon's vendor especially when nothing was ever mentioned about fees for returning defective or non-working products, you've got me. I would have never gone to Amazon had I known they'd sell me something of poor quality, then provide me much less than a full refund. Buyer Beware of AMAZON and DELCA ELECTRONICS.

NOTE: there are many very good companies, much smaller than Amazon, that do an even better job than Amazon. Amazon is okay but, on average, you're dealing with a corporate mentality... Kind of like 'average' government mentality...where you have to push and push because, if you don't since much of government especially Federal is so blase/average/typical/less than truly caring, you won't receive decent, again 'decent', services otherwise.

Amazon.com Company Information