2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5
Based on 1,771 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I absolutely love Amazon. Their selections, prices, notifications and returns are so easy and customer friendly. I am a disabled veteran with metal rods and screws in my lower back. My resistance to the cold is very low and the cold can be painful. I only bought Christmas presents in a store for 2 of my 14 grandchildren. I was also able to avoid the post office by having 4 gifts sent directly to 2 distant states.

I have had a few returns and I love how easy it is to send them back. Some I just print a label, repack and leave for my mailman and others I take to a local Kohl's. I do not have to package it up, I just show the QR code Amazon has sent (I show it on my phone or you can print it). It is only a few hours and the money is back in my account. Kohl's will give you your return receipt and a 25% off in store coupon good for a week. Savvy, aren't they. LOL. I have had a few issues that required a phone call directly to Amazon and have been taken care of with courtesy, friendliness and a quick resolution of the problem. As you can see I am in love with Amazon and will continue to buy a $5 or less item or a $1000 plus item. You just can't go wrong!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

We have shopped Amazon for years and always find them a pleasure do deal with. We live in a isolated area where there is no shopping unless you want to drive over 200 miles to the stores. It really doesn't matter because Amazon can deliver what we want or need when we want it and accepts returns without any hassles. You may find a product for less money at other places but when you figure tax and shipping it always comes in higher than with Amazon. We have bought a few items of clothing throughout the years and have also returned some. Other than this they are where we shop. We buy paper products from them as well, such as stables for house. We always check other outlets first but always end up going to Amazon.

After many years of shopping with this store, without a doubt we know for a fact that we do not have any worries about a return or refunds with this outlet. If we have any issues we can always rely on a Rep. taking care of it without any stress on our part. They have always come through 100% for us. There just isn't any online store like this one for shopping for they cover anything one might want to buy, all lines of any product you are interested in along with reviews which greatly help in making decisions to purchase. They continue to be our number one online for us, can't see that ever changing.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I received a delivery from Amazon 11 July 2020. I found the picture taken by the idiot Amazon driver interesting because you'll notice that the package is oddly placed to the right of my door. Why? Because this very unprofessional and disgusting delivery person had taken the time to perfectly center the package on top of a large dead bug that came from the woods behind my apartment yesterday. This bug is easily over a 1.5 inches in length and 1 inch in width. There was no way this bug was not seen by this **. This act was intentional with the purpose of being disrespectful and offensive. This is the poor level of professionalism that Amazon allows its jerk delivery staff to display with no repercussion towards its customers.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I purchased an item in October 2019, it never arrived, but Amazon offered an opportunity for a review. In the review, I stated I never got the item. They culled the review. It is not a good sign when an entity culls such reviews -- buyer beware of corporate review systems, they probably under-report problematic reviews that reflect negatively on performance.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Amazon locked me out of my account. The only thing I have done different is I used a different browser...Firefox rather than my usual Safari...to sign in. I usually don't even have to sign in since my passwords are stored. It stated I entered an invalid password...I didn't. The customer service team rarely speaks clear English so it is hard to understand them. Yesterday, they said I would be locked out until today and today they said it would be another 24 hours...no reason given. Their website asked for a verification of a credit card...but it wasn't a current card and was one I had shredded, so I didn't know the expiration date. If they had asked for one I have used recently it would not have been a problem.

The customer service is not efficient and their techniques are not good. I have been a weekly shopper for years. They also asked what the last couple of items I ordered were...I order online all of the time...I had no idea, though I could have given them dates and charges from my credit card which didn't seem to interest them. Really a nightmare to spend money with them once locked out for no reason that they will state. Beware!!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I had the worse experience with Amazon today (July 9th 2020 12:56pm). I've been a Prime member for a number of years now, maybe since they first introduce it. Lately I've spent thousands of dollars in the last twenty something orders. But for some reason lately my packages haven't arriving on time or as expected. So I decided to to call customer service and inquire. To my surprise the customer service representative was not nice and very unprofessional. So I've requested to speak with a supervisor. This woman was even worse. She refused to give her full name or some sort of ID, only goes by is Linda (who knows if she's telling the truth).

So I've tried to explain my situation but her attitude and tone of voice taken me aback. I got no satisfaction about why my packages were late. So I asked her what is the point for me to have prime service if I can't benefit from it? I was under the impression that it should be two days shipping. To my surprise she said it two days from the date of shipping not from day of purchase. While I was going through my orders, some took two weeks and more before it was actually shipped out. She told me for some them it was even earlier than expected. So why I'm complaining? And the ones that got lost it has nothing to do with Amazon. My goodness. Some please explain to me if it's okay for a package to take so long to ship and I don't have the right to inquire? What madness is this? What about the missing ones? So I decided to cancel my membership and demanded compensation. Of course that went nowhere. Only the service being cancelled.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Purchased product from Amazon. Product defective. Unable to reach seller. Left review which AMAZON said didn't meet their community standards (short for - the truth cuts into sales).. Here it is - SEYMAC Product Tablet case - quote from Joe on July 6, 2020. Terrible screen...grossly distorted. Received below standard quality protection case. Clear plasting screen heavily distorted. Unable to contact supplier. Please advise if this waving protection is normal or ship replacement screen. Not impressed. - end quote. Sad to see bullying by corporations like this.

Amazon.com Company Information