Amazon.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Having sold consumer electronics for almost 20 years, I am very aware of what I'm purchasing when it comes to televisions. I placed an order for a particular model 4K TV advertised by a seller that showed it to be in stock. The product delivered was the wrong model and I requested return authorization thru my Amazon Prime membership with a detailed explanation as to why. I had to contact the seller to get approved for the return and then back to Amazon to get the correct "free" shipping label they tried to screw me out of. Next, I reported the false advertising through the almost impossible to find channels and waited to see the results. You guessed it folks, not even an attempt to take down the ad or even as much as a retraction to try and act like it wasn't blatant false advertising.

I WAS a Amazon Prime customer purchasing on average about 3k a month (business/home) products. I made one last attempt at getting their attention with no results and cancelled my account. Not one word of apology or concern was ever seen. I'm sure they'll never miss the money I was spending but at the same time I don't miss a damn thing about them either.

I have bought 2 eye creams from 2 separate sellers on Amazon. Both products were sold by Amazon Prime. Both products were fake products and I contacted the sellers. When I didn't hear back from the sellers I contacted Amazon to let them know. I also left reviews about the products being fake and that the buyers should beware of purchasing this product. I used no bad language or obscene content in my reviews. Amazon rejected my reviews. This shows that Amazon does not take selling fake products seriously and supports this behavior by rejecting reviews when consumers complain that a product is fake.

Amazon used to be THE place to go to order things. Unfortunately they have a bit of a monopoly when it comes to ordering books. And I wish they didn't now. I LOVED Amazon for years and was so happy with their service. But in the last 2 months I've had nothing but trouble! I hadn't been able to order anything for a while, but started again because of needing Homeschooling supplies for my son. Toward the end of December, I placed an order of 2 math textbooks.

3 weeks later, they FINALLY shipped. I had waited so long that during that time I signed up for Amazon Prime so I would have faster service or at least free shipping to make up for waiting. I placed a 2nd order the day before that first order shipped. The 2nd order arrived on the day the 1st order was supposed to arrive. The 1st order arrived 2 days late... and guess what? The box was EMPTY! Thankfully Amazon refunded my order. A couple of weeks later I placed a 3rd order. When it arrived, one of the math books I had ordered this time was the 1980 version instead of the 2008 version that I ordered!!! I had to return it because I don't need an outdated textbook that I didn't even order. They refunded my money quickly thankfully, but it was a pain to STILL not have the textbook I'd been trying to get for 1 month now. I gave up ordering a math book from Amazon.

Then, this last Friday I placed a 4th order of Homeschooling books. This time they charged me for the same order TWICE. It put my bank account in the hole, and another bill was returned and I was charged a $35 overdraft fee. I called Amazon and they claim I was NOT charged twice, that it was only an authorization. Well, unfortunately, my bank apparently doesn't differentiate between the two because I'm being charged for both! Gratefully I have an awesome bank and they refunded the fee and are working to dispute the 2nd charge from Amazon. I'll probably end up not getting that order at all. When I found all the horrid reviews here about Amazon I started thinking maybe they are just failing miserably lately. Do they have new policies or a new CEO or something that has changed drastically in the last few months to cause all these problems? I want the OLD Amazon back!!!

I recently purchased the Quest Salty Caramel single serving packet from Amazon and I really liked it. Received tons of coupons in the mail with it and I am now hooked on this amazing site. Very fair prices and reasonable shipping to Canada.

When I sold my books I gave my brother's information. His name is Muhammed **. The money has not been paid and my books have been sold and Amazon has blocked my account after I gave them all the information they needed. Donald Trump was vocal about his ban on Middle Easterns. Amazon has been discreet and awful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Their vendors are crooks! Don't waste your money! They deal with foreign companies that will send you very cheaply made items and will not let you return them! They will harass you to change your reviews, take pictures or for shipping money yet you will be further scammed. Go somewhere that will honor dissatisfied customers with returns and refunds. Their business practices are very un-American and of poor quality. Just go to Wal-Mart where you can see the item and return if it doesn't work.

How can Amazon tax me from Oklahoma, when I order products that do not even come from my own state? When I order come from Texas and I have to pay Oklahoma tax, do that mean I have to Texas tax too? How can this be legal for Amazon to do that what I have to know or like to know...

I was in the market for a new laptop so I typed in cheap laptops on Google and it took me to the hp stream on amazon so I read some reviews about the laptop and the company and then purchased it. It came to my front door for under 200 dollars and I am super pleased with it and with the company that I got it from.

Like many other reviews, I never had a problem with Amazon until I bought a computer from Kaleidoscope Electronics. The sell price for the 2016 HP Pavilion 15 Premium Flagship Laptop (15.6-inch Touchscreen Display, Intel Core i7-6500U up to 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2 GB, Windows 10 Home) (Certified Refurbished) was listed for $504. I purchased the computer Jan 7th.

On Jan 8th I received an email from NJStar Distribution: "I am really sorry but we sent you a wrong laptop. The one we sent to you is a slower laptop (i5 4GB memory vs i7 12GB you ordered). Please refuse the delivery and the package will be returned to us. If the package can not be refused, please don't open it. just take it to any UPS location. The package can still be returned to us without you paying any shipping fees. We will issue you a full refund. Thank you."

As it turned out, the seller only wanted the computer back so they could sell it for $779. My reply: "I have no problem with the error and will do as you instructed. When you say, full refund, does that mean that you are not sending the correct laptop either?" Their reply: "I am sorry but we don't have it in stock. This laptop was listed under this configuration by mistake." I looked on Amazon and found they were still selling the computer. I wrote: "According to Amazon, you still have 3 in stock, just at a higher price."

Their reply: "We mark up the price just to prevent people from buying it. We are still investigating the cause the problem. Right now we don't have any of them in stock." My Reply: "That is a very interesting way of doing that. Let me see if I got this right, instead of removing the ad or stating in the ad that there are zero left, you decided to up the price and claim that you had 3 in stock. Is this a normal business practice for NJStar?" When I tried to alert other buyers and Amazon, Amazon deleted my reviews. I do not know if what the company did was illegal, but it sure sounds dodgy to me.

I ordered a couple of movies from Amazon last December, using an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas. January's bank statement showed that my order had been debited to my debit card, and not to my gift card. When I contacted Amazon about the problem, telling them that I wanted the amount of my order debited to my gift card and my bank account credited, I was told, to my utter amazement, that there was no record of a gift card in my account. You don't just stumble into a gift card purchase. It takes real deliberation to punch in the relevant information and place the order. I remember being proud of myself that I'd left less than 50 cents on the gift card after I was through with my order.

I still have the card devoid of the stuff I'd scratched off to get to the activation code. I'd obviously used the card for a purchase. Anyway, I was told by Amazon customer service that, since there was no record of my having a gift card when I made my movie purchase, that I could only use my gift card for my next purchase. Haha. I love Amazon's optimism. I think I'll be doing business with Movies Unlimited from now on.

Amazon offered free trial of their Prime membership. So I ordered something. It took 2 weeks and still did not receive item. Was supposed to be 2 day shipping. I called them, they had no clue what happened & refunded money. I joined Prime again a year later to try it again. Ordered something and again never received it. Called Amazon again. Same thing had no clue to what happened, refunded me the money. I ordered a Android Tablet. When I received it regular shipping it arrived different model & brand. Not even close to what I ordered.

A year later I ordered some Blu Ray movies & a TV wall mount from separate sellers. I received the Amazon with a hole in it. The TV wall mount was sticking out of box damaged and Amazon packed loosely my Blu Ray movies inside same box as the heavy TV wall mount. It broke the movie cases. No one ever sends in the same box fragile movies and a heavy steel TV wall mount in the same box ever period. But Amazon did because they don't care. Never again Amazon.

They will show you good quality, nice products but delivers the low quality other similar product. I have ordered twice and none of the time the product was as I saw in the picture. And I'm not talking about clothes I have ordered the mobile accessories. Please don't even try clothes. Instead you try Myntra they will deliver best quality exact product as in picture. I always order bags from Myntra always best quality that I have received.

I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since the very beginning when they were just selling books in the mid-late 90s. I remember it took one day for delivery, with no extra fees if you lived on the West Coast. When they expanded their warehouse system globally over the years of course things changed, but one thing that could be counted on was their continued tremendous customer service. I have always given high praise to Amazon's stellar customer service, inventory choices and prompt shipping throughout the years amongst my family, friends and colleagues.

However, as of late their reputation has changed drastically and not for the better. In the past months I have noticed a considerable decline in quality of goods received and most importantly shipping times are skewed. This includes receiving items 4-5 days late or having the shipping date mysteriously change once my credit card is charged. Recently I attempted to write an honest review of a negative experience paying for a value pack, but just receiving one item 4 days later as a Prime member. Amazon twice sent a note that my review breached their terms of service. This has never happened before and I speculate it's because of a continuous flow of recent negative reviews.

As far as historical glitches are concerned, the first breach in service occurred when I did not receive a small prime item for 3 weeks early last year. I let it slide when I was refunded the cost of the item when it was eventually delivered. Nonetheless, this same situation has repeated several times during the past few months with a variety of items I ordered from clothing to household items.

I have ironically had the best experience ordering gently used items from private sellers. The former always delivers with no problems, but the latter continues to have problems. This includes advising that something was delivered when it was not, resulting in me having to get in touch with an outsourced customer service agent who does not have the means to truly determine the cause and effect of the issue at hand. I have also experienced at least twice in the past 6 months, Amazon turning around many months later saying they did not receive a returned item that I returned immediately with proven tracked delivery.

What?! I have no other choice but to acknowledge something is very wrong with their existing fulfillment model. They are either not hiring competent people or they're losing competent employees. Who is in charge over there now? Because whatever is happening you're about to lose a long-term customer which will probably bode well for my wallet anyway.

It's a shame because Amazon had most of my business and it was a good relationship for many years. I guess I will just need to find other on-line sellers as well as hit the local brick & mortars again. There is a reason for everything and hopefully they will listen to their customer's concerns. I am not one to complain, but this has gotten out of hand and I no longer trust them to do what they say they're going to do. Not to mention it's exhausting fixing issues with them now. You'd better start telling the truth Amazon because obviously there are some holes in your process which your smart customers can no longer deny.

I purchased a regular sized activity tracker for a Christmas gift. I needed to exchange it for a large size. The price increased by 50.00 between the time I made the purchase and returned the product. Amazon insisted that I pay the increased cost while they reimbursed me for the lower price. There is no price difference between the two sizes. I felt this was unfair. I have had similar issues with brick and mortar stores and it was always resolved to my satisfaction. Amazon's initial response to my complaint took about 2 minutes (late at night) causing me to think it was a computer generated email. It said: "We work hard to find the best prices out there and make sure our prices are as low or lower changing our prices instantly if we find a lower offer somewhere else. Therefore, with the exception of TVs, we don't offer post-purchase adjustments."

A few minutes later, I received an another email asking me if my issue had been resolved to my satisfaction. I replied that it was not and repeated my complaint and they sent me a similar email with condescending rudeness added: "I realize this is frustrating; however, we aren't able to offer any additional insight or action on this matter and any further inquiries regarding this issue won't receive a response."

The customer service is awful. Don't get me wrong, I love using Amazon to shop. The problem arises when there is an issue that needs to get solved by customer services. Thus far, dealing with the individual merchants has gone fine. Even when I bought cakes that turned out to be stale, that specific merchant made a full refund - no problem. However, I recently bought a book for a course I am taking and it was in awful condition. I wrote a review with pictures describing the condition of the book and attempted to post it on Amazon. The post was reject and was told that I was talking about the merchant. At no point did I use derogatory terms or mention the merchant. I tried rewording the post more than 5 times and got rejected. One of the reviews I submitted literally said "Horrible condition" - one star and got rejected. I contacted customer services and this was their response:

"I understand you're upset and I regret that we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, this was communicated earlier via email by my colleague, We won't be able to provide further insight or assistance for your request. We hope to see you again soon." I read the guidelines, I also asked them to tell me specifically how to word my simple one-star comment. The book was fully highlighted, it literally looked like a dog chewed corners of the pages, the binding was broken, etc. This is information that buyers should be able to share with other buyers.

Amazon keeps shipping my deliveries via UPS SurePost to an address where the USPS has no home mail deliveries. This means I have to go to the post office to pick up my deliveries instead of having UPS deliver to my home. I have complained about this numerous times over the past few years and have been told that Amazon has put the USPS as a last resort delivery option for me but in spite of this Amazon keeps using SurePost thus forcing me to go to the post office to get my Amazon deliveries. I now realize that my only solution to this problem is to stop shopping at Amazon.

I am an Amazon PRIME member and have been a loyal customer. However, I had a disturbing transaction with Amazon and I feel I must share it. Amazon will not assist. I know they can because I have done the same in a management position. I purchased a laptop for $1,310 and I chose to take next day delivery instead of PRIME because I need it for work. I was guaranteed delivery today. I was sent an email confirming payment and that I would receive it today.

Last night I received an "update" that my laptop would be delivered next Wednesday - in 7 days- not the Next Day that I paid for and was guaranteed. They sent it UPS ground, which was an error on their part. It is very deceiving to advertise next day shipping and take the money to guarantee it, and then change the date after the customer pays. I would have received this item sooner on regular 2 day PRIME.

I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor. They would not do anything to assist me. I know they could have fixed this because the label had just been created. They could have even called UPS and changed shipping instructions. I have done this as a manager on my business account corporately. They just refused because they do not care. They would not even transfer me to a department that could assist. Emails have not assisted either. I would have chosen a different retailer if I had known the length of time I would have to work because I need it for work and college.

Amazon is supposed to be a retailer that stands behind their product and customers. After this experience, I see that they only provide excuses. I have sent emails and tried to talk to supervisors. The "call center" was as good as nothing. I encourage others to seek out other online commerce sites. Amazon is not the retailer that they used to be. I need this computer for school and work. This is not a novel order - it is a necessity. I cannot work on an iPhone. This is the worst experience and I will be sharing it everywhere that I can to prevent others from having it happen to them.

I participate in Amazons subscribe and save program. I have around 20 subscriptions a month. I have been in this program for years so I know how it works. Prices can fluctuate a little bit month to month. I know that and I have always been fine with it. Back in November however, they charged me four times the retail price on an item! It was for Plum organics Mash Ups, Tropical Fruit. I buy a case of 6 for usually around $20 give or take a few dollars. In my November order, they charged me $85, $73 after discount. FOR A SIX PACK OF SMASHED FRUIT. I never noticed this until now because I never feel like I have to worry about getting ripped off. I called their customer service and was told that "prices fluctuate".

My gripe is that if there is an item that is fluctuating to 4 times the store price, then it shouldn't be on their Subscribe and save program! How is that a "savings"? I didn't even know this happened because, like I said, I have about 20 subscriptions a month. It was also around the holidays. I feel like Amazon went in and helped themselves to money out of my account. I don't trust that program anymore. Which is a shame because it was so convenient. But they just used it to conveniently screw their customer. It's very disappointing.

I am so happy to be a member of a company whose employees value customers the way Amazon's employees do. Their team has worked extensively with me trying to resolve an on-going issue that all stemmed from a third party seller. It took several phone calls and hours of time but Aaron P. and supervisor Nicco (forgive my spelling), along with others, never gave up on me. They followed through as promised even when I began to get frustrated and impatient - sorry about that! There are others who helped me but I did not write their names down. So to the whole Amazon Customer Service team... THANK YOU!

Received an email saying Amazon had delivered my parcel. No parcel arrived, no card delivered next door. Don't have it and not in the place I asked to be left. NKG happy amazon say it's still on its way.

During the holidays, I have ordered gifts from Amazon. On two separate Christmas holidays, ordered items arrived weeks later; even though items were supposed to arrive with expedited delivery. Despite the same, I have continued to order. New Amazon policy seems to be; timing of delivery shows up only on completion of order, i.e. after payment is made. Even though I have paid for expedited deliveries; delivery time is quoted as one to two weeks; at minimum. If delivery time were noted prior to the orders; then I would not order on Amazon.com and simply go to brick-and-mortar and purchase at that time.

Buying from Amazon has never been a problem for me but my experience as a Seller on Amazon was (and still is) a total nightmare. I listed an item for sale and it sold right away. I shipped the item to the buyer the same day he bought it. It is now 2 months later and I have yet to be paid. Amazon keeps insisting they do not have my bank account information therefore they cannot transfer the funds to me. As I told the "robot" (as there is no such thing as a 'live' person at Amazon Customer Service, at least not in the Selling Dept), I only have one bank account and I have entered the information at least 4 times now, what is the problem? The buyer got the item and is satisfied but I have yet to be paid. There is something seriously wrong with this scenario. If you have something to sell, I suggest you use another service. Save yourself the grief of dealing with robots.

I have been shopping with Amazon for past 12 years and I have been seeing the deterioration in the customer service. The reps and supervisors apart from being friendly, were considerate which now has disappeared. In my latest issue with my order placed on their website but purchased from a 3rd party, Amazon refused to help me. The item was ordered 2 months back and I was assured by Amazon rep in Dec, that I will get the item. However the delivery date of Jan 11th passed and I still haven't received my order. When contacted, they said the seller left Amazon and I can file claim under A-Z Guarantee, to which I asked them, that I would prefer the product and Amazon should help me.

The item was shipped and had a delivery date. This itself shows that the seller shipped, but for some reason if now we are not able to contact the seller, then Amazon should step in and help customer. Amazon refused to help citing it's 3rd party and Amazon doesn't have any accountability or responsibility. Best they can do is that customer can file the claim and get their money back. This is no help as I can always reach out to my credit card company and dispute the purchase from the seller. However Amazon providing a platform to sellers, must have accountability if not responsibility, and help the customers. It was a genuine purchase, and hence the sale contract must be adhered to.

If it was fraudulent sale, then why did Amazon allow such sale to exist on their website. The mere presence of a fraud sale on their website proves, Amazon is either part of such scam and purposefully letting these sellers to sell on their website to drive revenue to their website OR they are indulging in to bait and switch. This is what Amazon rep asked me to do when I requested for help, is to place another order for the same item and pay $190+. This is ridiculous. I paid $40 for the item, and now they want me to pay $190 and to compensate, they offered first $5, then $10 and then their supervisor $15. It's a massive $140 difference, and Amazon help is only $15.

After refusing the offer and refusing to file a claim for the refund, as I wanted the item as per the dale contract, since the item was shipped, when I contacted 2nd time, they without my consent, filed the case on my behalf and refunded my money. They also couldn't clarify as why they did this without my consent. On contacting 3rd time, they refused to talk on this matter and even refused to compensate. This I would like to highlight to the consumer to be careful of purchasing from Amazon. And if so, do not expect great service from them.

I have been made aware thru bank deposits that Amazon has been selling my published books for the full price and only depositing 1 penny into my account for each book. What is even more criminal is I closed my Amazon account over 8 months ago, and my books are STILL up on Amazon selling for 11.97. I have called, chatted, left on hold for over 47 minutes, tried calling again and again. They put you in the never ending loop. I advise NOBODY do ANY sort of business with these criminals. They need to be put in jail for fraud. I am seeking an attorney, which they will pay for in the end.

I tried to open Amazon seller account. Amazon was mentioning they will take some fee from my bank to confirm and I was expecting $1 but they took $39.99 same time they informed me they don't accept me.

I ordered a product named "IndianArtVilla 10.0" X 3.0" Handmade Joint free Leak Proof Copper Thermos Design water Volume 900 ML" from BNS Handi Craft retailer of Amazon. They were offering the product at lower prices than other retailers. But they sent me a duplicate product. There were nowhere mention the company logo or company name on the product. Moreover the bottle was leaking as the rubber grip was missed on its cap. This is how the BNS Handi Craft making fools to customers. Beware from Amazon. Beware from BNS Handi Craft.

I buy things from Amazon regularly. Overall I have had a great experience with this company and I love their products and have a good experience of the sellers associated with them. When I was moving out of my old house I even sold a used game through them 2 years ago. The problem that is bothering me lately and reason for the 2 stars is the following has upset me as I have just tried to give a 5 star review of a bra and was met with a message that I was banned by Amazon from reviewing items made by that bra company because my reviews are "hostile". If I love it I give 5 stars, which I often do. If I found flaws I calmly state what was wrong with it, which is rare. BUT If I find any flaws with anything at all... ever, Amazon generally emails me that they rejected my review and instructs me to write it again removing the criticism (then how is it a review?).

In specific, most recently, I bought bras from Comfort Choice. I liked the new style but some of the fabrics used in the first bra I tried felt substandard and they were easily damaged. Still I liked the style and looked for something similar on Amazon. I found another version by the *same* company Comfort Choice and took a second chance on them. The second bra of that type used stronger fabric and I really, really love it. I reviewed both later in the month at the same time and stated the above in a calm manner, just the facts. I am now banned from commenting on ANY of Comfort Choices products.

The message from Amazon when I reviewed a second purchase today and was giving it 5 stars told me that I am hostile toward the bra company and their products! I had simply gave 3 stars to the poorly made bra and said it stretched out of shape on the sides when I first put it on and put my hand under to adjust, and the fabric was instantly permanently damaged. Which was the truth. It was a nice design concept but seemed cheaply made. The other review of their stronger bra I had given 5 stars and I said I really loved the stronger bra and the quality of it. I will be buying those from now on. I had submitted both of the first two reviews at the same time, and now I am banned for "hating" Comfort Choice and cannot leave comments about their products even though I love their products, including some female boxers I bought twice and I highly recommend.

I also critically reviewed a set of Christmas box items Order **, that light up, from another seller and said they packed the box too tightly with the item, no filler, so if the delivery box was squeezed the items inside would be damaged, and in fact 3 of the items had small cracks. I said it was a great item but needed better care for shipping. That review was rejected and I was instructed to make another review that did not include criticism of the packaging. I have been asked for my buying experience, correct? That WAS my honest assessment as was asked for. I don't like being instructed to give only glowing reviews.

I started shopping at Amazon because I actually care about reviews. That is the attraction for me. This treatment changes my view (and trust) of what other buyers have written. The bras I recommend buying are the Comfort Choice Women's Plus Size Bra, 3 Pack Soft Cup, Full-Coverage Leisure, it's like a sports bra. I really like them! Whereas the one that felt cheaper made was the Comfort Choice Women's Plus Size Seamless, Wireless Leisure Bra 2-Pack. I see that someone else gave it 5 stars and says it is all cotton. It was synthetic material when I bought it, so maybe they got their bras mixed up. The actual description by the company even says "hand-washable soft nylon tricot knit; nylon/spandex lace", not cotton. So the 5 star review is false for that specific bra.

My review was: It stretches but some threads popped from the elastic when I was adjusting it down and stretching it to adjust ruined the side material (I said this because that was exactly what happened to me. How is it hostile?). And they actually let me post that comment. Which confuses me because they told me to rewrite the christmas box review because apparently they didn't like that I said the seller needs to use a bigger box, but they post the critical bra review I made and then punish me for it. If they don't want people to tell their exact experience of products, then they should just get rid of the ratings section and stop punishing and harassing people to write it again if their experience wasn't 4-5 star.

I have been a Prime member for more than 10 years, and very happy with their service. Then some time during 2016, Amazon started to suck big time. On Tuesday evening, I order an item with Prime icon under the description, thinking it would reach me Friday or Saturday with free 2 day shipping, maybe Sunday. Says order is fulfilled by Amazon, so no third party excuses available... But the order page does not even list delivery possible this week. There is an option to PAY for 1 day shipping (extra 6$) and get it Wednesday. If 1 day shipping can be at my door on Wednesday, how is it that 2 day can't be here before Monday? Customer service merely offered excuses. Apparently, they want to run the business into the ground.

When completing a transaction on Amazon you are redirected to a screen that encourages you to sign up for Prime. The button to sign us is in Large Letters and bolded the "No thanks, continue to Check-Out." I carelessly clicked the big button. Without asking for authorization or to charge my card Amazon debited $100 from my checking account. However due to my Amazon and my bank that money would take days to be redeposited. This caused my checking account to overdraft and set off a chain reaction. I have no clue how a company this large can get away with this.

Buyers beware. Amazon will take $106.67 dollars out of your account for a Prime Membership that you never signed up for. I called my bank about this and my bank told me they have been getting complaints daily from Amazon users. I refuse to do business with Amazon ever again.

Amazon.com Company Profile