2.07/5
Based on 1,333 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4695 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I want to share my awful experience with Amazon customer service. Think ten times twice before ordering something from Amazon. So my experience. On Monday (Remembrance Day, Public Holiday) I got an email of “Delivery Attempted”. All day I was at home, there wasn’t any sign of USP delivery attempt. I contacted with Customer service and was convinced that my package was accidentally scanned in wrong location and tomorrow I’ll receive it. Representative said that she contacted with USP (as I understand now, it was false).

On Tuesday I didn’t get my package too. Again, I tried to figure out with customer service what’s going on. And same thing, they were telling me that they checked it and everything is ok, I will get it tomorrow. Now, I woke up in the morning, check my email, where I found an email notifying me that my package was lost and suggesting to call shipper and claim it. What??? That’s ridiculous. I gave you my money and I have to investigate where you lost my package?

Shame on you guys. I understand all of us are making mistakes (like scanned in wrong location) but it shouldn’t result on final result (like lost package). Representatives! Be responsible! Tell the true! It’s easier for you to tell what customer want to hear but it doesn’t resolve the problem. You need to provide REAL help and figure out what happened with order. Don’t lie to your clients (or maybe it’s the best way for you to get 5 stars great service).

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Our condo building has repeatedly told Amazon delivery they have to buzz staff who accept the package. Once again, they did not buzz, then emailed me for an access code. Then, this morning two more emails saying packages both were damaged and returned. They will issue a refund. Unacceptable, unacceptable. We have NO problems with FedEx or UPS, ONLY WITH AMAZON. Building manager has repeatedly talked with delivery people. No change in their behavior. We have a building of 85 people. We are FED UP! 85 customers who can't get a delivery person to read instructions at the door, buzz, staff comes and accepts packages. We have 24 hour staff coverage How hard is this to do? PLEASE deal with this issue or we will discontinue using Amazon.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Same old story... A company becomes so big, they stop caring about the people who put them there. I pay over $100/ year for Prime, but they NO LONGER HONOR the terms. I ordered 5 items a week ago and they haven't even shipped yet. The projected date to receive them is almost 3 weeks after the order. I USED PRIME! They are breaking their promise to their customers and everyone is noticing. They better be prepared for the backlash when WalMart and others beat them at their own game. Serves them right if they suffer big losses.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Two day free shipping? Not anymore. Every order I've placed has shown that the expected delivery date on the "free 2 day Prime shipping" is 7 - 10 days. Two days has morphed into more than one week. Even when the purchase is from Amazon rather than its marketplace sellers. It's a total rip off as they're trying to boost their profit margins by not fulfilling their promises. Sounds like they work for the Trump administration.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Please double think before we order items from Amazon. I have ordered a gaming laptop and headset and they cancelled the order and when I went in and try to reorder the same item and found that item price got hiked to 200$. I spent more than hour of time with customer support with no help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Lately, I have waited and waited for my 2 day shipment to arrive. The "delivery contractors" give excuses that are lies - "had the wrong gate code," "neighbor would not accept," "business was closed," "left at doorstep." I am a business that is open 24/7 365 days a year. There is always someone here. Tracking says the item shipped a week ago, but then, after 2-1/2 hours of "chat" time, customer service admits that the item hasn't shipped. They are a call center trained to use words such as disappointment, frustration, and inconvenience. They also use your 1st name "to build that relationship". Sometimes they will re-send the product and the original arrives several weeks later. Sometimes it does not, making me question if the item was EVER sent.

When you are checking out a purchase, Amazon has begun offering steep credits and discounts if you opt NOT to have 2 day shipping leading me to believe that they are well aware that they cannot fulfill the promise that they made when they charged you for your Prime membership. Prime Pantry is another separate membership. I believe that this is a form of theft by deception - taking your money when they know they cannot perform the fulfillment of their portion of your contract.

After reviewing how many Billions (with a B) they take in from these memberships, Amazon doesn't have to sell a darn thing to make a substantial profit. I would like to see a consumer advocate group investigate their practices. I wouldn't be writing if it was a once-in-a-while occurrence, but this is becoming more and more frequent. Since seeing their requests for customers to forego the benefits of Prime membership, I also believe that Amazon is well aware that this is neither a temporary deficit nor anything they anticipate remedying soon.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Amazon double charged my credit card for a purchase I made, and after calling customer service, 888-280-4331, Alexia **. told me it was my credit card company's fault and they needed to reverse the charge. She explained it was a pre-authorization that Amazon always does and the credit card company was suppose to remove it. My credit card company said they never charge us for a pre-authorization but they would be happy to remove the disputed charge. How timely, people are so busy around the holidays, they will probably never notice the extra charge. BEWARE! When I asked to speak to a supervisor at Amazon she refused. And I kept her on the phone while I talked to my credit card company and she still denied any wrongdoing on Amazon's part.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I've been a loyal Amazon customer for almost 20 years. They used to brag about their 'state of the art' distribution facility. I beg to differ. It takes no less than a week just to ship most of my orders. Then I wait the normal shipping time beyond that, so usually two to three weeks to receive my order. In an effort to leave feedback on their website about it, they block the reviews when posted with the item, which I kind of understand. However, the link they provide to leave feedback about shipping takes you to their help system, which is no help at all. Their customer service folks stick to their script, and are rarely able to stray from it. Of course, most of them aren't native English speakers, though I am an English speaker. As of writing this, I will no longer do business with Amazon. I cancelled my Prime membership months ago over this issue, but hoped they would improve after a long discussion with customer service. They did not, so I'm done.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was stupid enough to buy something from China. 1 month delivery time so I tried to cancel. The company refused my return saying they had "fixed" the problem with shipping but the delivery time was the same. I tried to cancel a 2nd time but was told it was too late they had already shipped. I contacted Amazon and reported the problem. They "reviewed" the request and denied it. No explanation as to why.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We have terrible USPS delivery in 87508. We have complained locally and with USPS national customer service. I spent most of yesterday trying to alert Amazon to the problem. They gave me an email address for my complaint but the message bounced saying the mailbox did not accept messages. In this day of digital communication, they advised me to send a letter! A recent package was left exposed in the rain for 18 hours. It dissolved when I picked it up. The problem is with the USPS but Amazon doesn’t understand that it reflects badly on them. In short, I was stonewalled by Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered a XL Yoga mat at a cost of $136 and paid 9.99 extra for overnight shipping. I received item on Friday evening after I left for the weekend. When I opened the box on Monday morning after returning, I noticed it was the regular sized yoga mat. I understand things happen, but when I called I was given a grilling on why I didn't report the problem on Friday? I explained I had already left for the weekend by the time it arrived. I was then talked down to because the box it came in was not in good enough shape to be used to ship the item back in the box. All in all I asked to speak to a supervisor twice and at no time was I ever connected to one. What a crappy experience!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered a computer desk on 2nd November and the system showed that the ordered product has been sent to my city on 4th November and scheduled delivery on 10th November. The courier company called up to say that it's late today and there is no entry for trucks after 5 pm so they will deliver on next day that is 11th November. 11th November passed and 12th November passed but they couldn't deliver nor they contacted me. Repeated requests to customer support failed to help as they expressed helplessness citing the department that handles furniture is a separate one. The kept arranging call back which again failed to do any help. They said they can't tell for sure when the courier company will actually deliver. I am still waiting and feel cheated and scammed. Worst experience. Stay away and stay safe.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have ordered a mobile in Amazon India and it was not been delivered for such a 2 weeks time and when I ask compensation for waiting of this much time they said no compensation option with them and making fun with our requests - it’s so irritating to hear their response. No solutions provided by support yet. Don’t buy any product from them, they are worthless to be a consumer.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

On a Saturday afternoon, We had a random car with 2 random people come up to the door & hand me my Amazon order. It was not sealed or taped shut at all. Anyone could have looked inside the package, added or removed anything in it. Very sketchy & unprofessional!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I have been a Amazon customer ever since they very first started business. I have never had any kind of issues with anything. And off I just so happened to the issue was resolved right away. As of right now unfortunately I own a Kindle Fire and enjoy playing a lot of their games. When I first started playing them I never really had the thought of making any kind of in-app purchases. I would practice the game first before I even bothered to make the in-app purchase. I would always keep a prepaid debit card on file, never my actual bank card or credit card and thank God I didn't. Because you will get ripped off regardless how the transaction was made.

The issue with my account is that to make things easier I'll either buy game coins or load funds into my gift card balance, because Amazon claims they have a no refund policy for in-app purchases. Now here's the thing. Roughly about four months ago I started noticing strange activity going on with my account. For example one time I had $1.47 available in my gift card balance and roughly about 139 in game app coins okay. So I go and log into my game and decided to make an in-app purchase. The order was taking a few minutes to process which means it's going to decline, because I wasn't even thinking with the amount of coins I had and my gift card balance wasn't enough to cover the transaction for $2.99. So I want for the app to change the special to $1.99 because I had plenty for that one.

15 minutes later it shows up and I place the order which that one declined too. So I go and check my order history and my coins, and remaining balance to my prepaid debit card which declined so the whole transaction declined. But they took two forms of a payment from me so I contact them and tell them the transaction declined but funds were still removed. So of course they want to play stupid and try to argue with me by telling me that I wasn't charged when I had proof right in front of my face. So I waited a few hours then contacted them again and the rep basically said in-app purchases are nonrefundable and the amount that was removed from my gift card balance will automatically go back. Yeah sure it will. I've been waiting for over a week.

So yesterday I decided to send a email to Amazon's customer service pretty much telling them that they think they're slick and can't fool me. I'm a little smarter than that and I want my money back asap. Now this gets even more ridiculous. A rep emails me back apologizing and said they were issued back to me and for the inconvenience she issued me $10 in promotional credit. So I thought to myself in, "Cool. I can get the $2.99 special I wanted." I go to purchase it and it declines. Now I am missed. I contact them again to see if it was even issued. She was nice and said it was issued and I have already used it. I said, "Excuse me. No, I haven't. I just barely got it not even 5 minutes ago." Once again no refunds by this time. I'm behind pissed. I had to wait until the next day for me to calm my nerves before I contacted them.

So I contact them the next day and thought I hit Jackpot when I told the rep about the issues that I was having with my account. She see it for herself and said I was owed several refunds for declined transactions where funds shouldn't have been removed to begin with but told me she was transferring me over to tech support because the further you go back in months the harder it gets. So I was transferred and gave the rep the time he needed to read the chat. Comes back on, tells me to give him a few minutes he's going to look at my account.

He had me waiting for a little bit over 20 minutes. Comes back on and says, "This has been going on for a while I see." I said, "Hello. That would be why I've been complaining about this for just about four months already and nothing is getting done." He then turns around and says he processed the refunds owed for Oct and Nov. He went back as far as March and I'm owed money. Now it's putting funds back into my gift card balance and coins back into my coin balance and I should see it within 24 hours. Well I was so busy the next day I ended up forgetting about it so once I realized it I called.

The lady had a bad attitude, was taking her sweet time looking into the situation and was beyond unprofessional. Comes back on and says, "You were issued a lot of refunds and credits. What is the reason because this is unacceptable." I said, "Excuse me. They're for declined orders but yet funds were still removed from my account." She said, "That's not possible." I said, "Well it is now. Look into my account." She comes back on and says, "I see what you're talking about but like I mentioned before in-app purchases are nonrefundable." I said, "Hum I never got the item because it declined." She said, "It's the risk you take." No I don't think so. It's been well over a week and still no refunds unless they took those too. Because this is another way that Amazon will rob you when it comes to making a in-app purchase.

Let's say you make a purchase for $1.99 but you only had a $1.00 available and wasn't thinking. You're going to get a automated system email from Amazon saying due to a problem with your payment they're not able to process the order. You can use a different payment method of they will try again but they don't tell you when. And this is the other way they were pretty much stealing from me because they would monitor my account and as soon as they notice a transaction was made they would run through at least two of the declined orders and of course I don't get the items. I call to report unauthorized transaction because it's obvious that it's a different card used and they refuse to issue a refund because they are the ones that did it and try to tell me it was someone in my household. Sure it was like as if you know who lives here.

So if you don't want money stolen from you don't have any declined transactions because they never void them out. They leave them there so they can charge you and hope you wouldn't notice. It's ridiculous because they're up to something. Like I said I've been a customer for way too long and now all of a sudden for my digital transaction history I can only view the six most recent ones when it was able to view the whole month and about three months at a time. I want my money back asap.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Prime membership no refund at all! I paid 1 year prime membership. After couple month I decided cancel it but they paid me zero refund! Amazon scams and theft! They explain me if I make more than 4 order I used all my benefits. My opinion membership cancellation must be depend of time but not by benefits!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Amazon doesn’t take its customers seriously. This is supposed to be my wedding ring. Was supposed to arrive no later than November 9th, Amazon tracking said it would be here November 8th by 8pm. Then all of a sudden it was delayed until the 14th. 9 days after ordering the product, IT HASNT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED. I have no tracking information. Customer service was of no help because even they say it hasn’t been shipped. And instead of finding the item and rush shipping it like they should, I’m supposed to wait until November 14th to see if it even shows up. I’m supposed to get married in less than a month, and Amazon is ruining the whole process. I stopped using Amazon a long time ago because of this issue and after 5 years, nothing has changed. Will never use Amazon again. Worst company I’ve ever had experience with, hands down.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime member for several years. I've placed one or two orders per month for most of that time. My Prime items have always arrived in two days. I recently placed an order with nothing but Prime items. As in the past. I was expecting it in two days. When it didn't arrive, I checked the website only to find it hasn't even shipped yet. It showed that they don't expect delivery for another four to nine days. I went on chat to ask about my order. They explained that two day shipping means two days from whenever they get around to shipping it. When I questioned it, I was told that was always the policy. I explained I'd never had to wait more than two days for any of my previous orders, but they couldn't come up with an explanation. I canceled Prime. The main reason I was paying for it was the free two day shipping. Prime no longer has a value to me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cobra compressor bought on 15/5/2018 and it went on fire over faulty overload switch. The seller would not take the item back and Amazon would not cover it with guarantee because I could not send it back.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have been an Amazon customer pretty much as long as they existed and a Prime member for about a decade now. I am currently in the process of shutting down my account. Between the nightmares I've heard about how they treat their employees and their invasions of privacy, I was already starting to decrease purchases. Then I started to notice how many crappy 3rd sellers they had (quite a few from China that are important in products that are unsafe). Then it was very clear their reviews are mostly fake, and they do very little to regulate that. I had to use a third party website to scan reviews each time to get an honest idea if they were legit.

The first nail in the coffin was Amazon's insistence to start sending me packages using their Logistics deliveries. Logistics is unprofessional (their drivers do not wear uniforms, can come at all times of the day - including the middle of the night - and are often late), and it's creepy. They take pictures of your doorstep without permission - and it's very difficult to opt out of. The final nail was recently learning of their warehouse collapse and the death of employees inside - right in my own state.

I'm tired of Amazon's sleazy business practices. I used to use their subscribe and save for dry goods every month for years, but I shut that down as I have decided to seek out more ethical and professional businesses to rely upon. It's been 2 months and maybe I ordered 2 things from them. I will eventually completely shut off my account when I transfer my Kindle books to PDFs... Oh, that's another creepy they do - Amazon doesn't really sell e-books. They *rent* them. They will delete your Kindle books if you shut down your account. Luckily, there are ways to get around this, but we shouldn't have to. Shame on you, Amazon! You are no longer a legitimate business. The fact you exist in our country makes us all the closer to a 3rd world nation than a progressive country. Good riddance and kiss my butt!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've been a Prime customer without issue for years, but things have gotten progressively worse in the past few months. I placed an order on Tuesday, November 6th, and the FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING had the items arriving on Thursday, the 15th. I fully understand the 2 days only applies to when the item is shipped, this never used to be an issue either, but 7 business days is unacceptable for an item that is in stock. So I chatted with a customer service agent or 3, they seem to randomly disconnect when they can't respond to your question with something directly from their script. One told me it was a "rare occurrence" that an item could be out of stock to my zip code. When I mentioned it was 6 items and 6 "rare occurrences" in one order seemed a bit strange, they disconnected. The final one promised he'd update my shipping to the fastest speed.

They sent the items via UPS Ground, which was 5 day shipping. I work in shipping and know how to read the tracking label. The first 6 digits are the sender's account number and the next 2 are the shipping speed. 03, my service code, means the order was shipped ground. When I told a customer service rep my order definitely wasn't shipped at the fastest speed, they tried blaming UPS for the failure to deliver the package as soon as possible. When I mentioned that whoever shipped it at Amazon sent it ground, I was, MIRACULOUSLY, disconnected again. The last agent I dealt with seemed to just be a robot. None of their responses made any sense with what I was asking and when I asked if they were human, they sent one final response that made no sense before ceasing to respond at all.

Prime membership is up in less than a week and I wanted to know if these problems were going to be persistent or weather related, as one agent tried telling me, and I kept being told that my feedback would be sent to the appropriate department. I tried asking for a free month of Prime so I could see if this was truly a weather issue or not (I highly doubt it because an order placed to my brother, he lives 30 minutes from me, on the 10th would arrive the 13th, but for me it was the 14th - 21st) and I was told that they no longer can do that. With the promise of free Prime level shipping for everyone this holiday season, I can't imagine things will get better. It also makes me wonder why my cost of Prime has gone up over the years while it's being offered for discounted and free rates to others.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had a chat with their representative. I was frustrated but polite. I was talking about some problems I've been facing with Amazon package deliveries. I was complaining that the service I was provided was not a "Prime service." Suddenly, the representative called Joyce took things personally. "It's not ME who delays the packages, you should vent to Jeff [Bezos]" and generally being rude and passive-aggressive. A horrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

2 day shipping no longer true. Every Prime item I used to see had free 2 day delivery. Now everything, including prime items, shows up with about 10 days delivery. What's the point of paying for Prime? Tried to use chat to explain the issue, that was a complete waste of time. Not going to renew my membership if this continues.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have spoken with several Amazon reps about that company's refusal to grant discounts to disabled veterans and they just say "they are not available." I told that such a policy shows Amazon to be greedy and unpatriotic, but they do not care. We will do our shopping at companies which do give that discount, like Walmart and Home Depot and others.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I saw an ad on my phone the other day for these Netgear EX2700 wi-fi extenders for 18.99. So I went and ordered one. ON MY PHONE I get the confirmation email and see that I was charged 25 bucks NOT the advertised 18.99. Okay what the heck. Burnt by Amazon once again... So I got to try to connect the thing. The Router light does not light and the device light does not light. I go to page ten of the manual. Page ten of the manual says go online to **. So I tried. The website link is broken.

I tried three different browsers and even cleared my cache. (The Amazon proverbial excuse, "CLEAR YOUR CACHE. THE PROBLEM IS YOUR PC NOT US") So there is evidently no support for this outdated junk they probably dug out of Netgear's trash and Amazon probably picked them up for a nickel, advertise them for 18.99 and then actually charge you 25 bucks for the piece of junk. Next to dramatize this ripoff a little more... AS I was ordering I clicked order two. I discover the order is for just one. I go to the buy another link and buy another. Okay, I see it will be sent as two separate orders and the second order is coming a day later than the first. Now mind you this all goes on with maybe 5 minutes.

SO I see the two separate orders on my order page. I get Amazon support on the phone, explain to them I wanted to order two the first time and asked them to combine them in ONE ORDER! The woman I spoke to could barely speak English like always so I was having trouble understanding her but I was sure I got my point across because she confirmed in her thick as molasses accent that they would ship together. Well, they did not. I got the first one late yesterday. TODAY It is now about 21 hours later and I am still just trying to get this garbage to find my device find my router or light ANY cotton-picking thing besides the power light. I tried the factory reset and that does not work either. DO NOT waste your nickel on a Netgear product. This is a first Netgear for me and last.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have placed several orders in the past 2 years (upwards of $2k+) and nearly every order I placed had been delivered 2 days after I ordered. In this past week or 2, ALL orders I place and request 2 day shipping (which I PAY a subscription for) are showing 1 and a half weeks to 2 weeks expected delivery date. This is not how Prime has worked the past two years. Their customer service reps in offshore consolidated call centers are telling me that the items are not in a local warehouse and that they have not changed their shipping at all and 2 day shipping means that the item will arrive 2 days AFTER it ships (which apparently is how the extra week and a half come in-- allowing the time to ship it-- so I can receive it 2 days after it ships...). This is BAD business and I am hoping that more customers catch onto what Amazon is doing. This is repulsive for a multi billion dollar company to switch up their shipping model and blatantly lie to customers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

For two orders in a row now, the tracking info was a pack of lies. The first order said, "Delivered, package left in mailroom." This is a house--I don't have a mailroom. There was no delivery. For the second order, it said, "Delivered, left with Hector," Who the heck is Hector? The next day, I walked around the area and found my package at a neighbor's house. I'd appreciate it if Amazon would simply say "we're running late" rather than lie and say "delivered."

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I purchased a gas tank for my car. It supposedly was delivered 3 days later. I did not receive it. After repeated emails the seller claimed a mistake was made and I wouldn't get it for 3 weeks. It was an in-stock item. When it finally came, it was wrong. Upon initiating a return request, I was told it was through a third party seller so return shipping was not covered. It would cost me $150 to return a $189 item. Why bother. Amazon did not stand behind me even when the item was the wrong part. Hardly fair! To make matters worse, the seller is still on Amazon. I guess it is ok to cheat people. Amazon will not defend purchasers. Beware if something goes wrong. Money is more important to them. Not customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have spent over $80,000 year at Amazon as my primary company for business purchases but all that will stop now. They are useless for customer service and the one time I reached a live person to help solve a problem, Temecia kept me on hold for 30 minutes and then woke me up on a Saturday, calling repeatedly at 5:56 AM to "talk about follow up". I would rather pay extra and shop local stores, no more Amazon for me! Everything I buy at Amazon, I can buy local.

I called about Telecheck blocking my ACH withdrawals from bank account for purchases after 5 years of consistently using this method of payment and Amazon employees had NO RESPONSE about this and offered NO SUPPORT! I have never had insufficient funds or any issues with my bank account yet this situation caused me an accounting nightmare and I will NOT purchase from them again. Telecheck SUCKS on every level and I can't believe so many retailers trust them despite their dismal performance and worth.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Placed an order on 11/1 Using Prime and only purchasing items with 2 day delivery. Turns out it is actually 2 orders, Promised delivery date for orders was 11/3. 1 Item of the 4 ordered is shipped and tracking is given and accurate, Item is delivered on time. The other 3 items were the second order, Friday the second, the order was allegedly sent to the courier. The third passes, no updates on the order's progress. On Sunday the fourth, I got 2 updates one time stamped at 6:00 PM Saturday the other at 8 PM Saturday that the order was delayed. Order now to be delivered Nov 4 to 6. Monday the Fifth arrives updated to being delivered tomorrow. But tracking indicates nothing has changed. Tuesday the 6th arrives no new information.

At 4 PM, I call Amazon to see what they know. Well, they know even less than I do. They have no way of finding out the status of a shipment. I am only offered an opportunity to re-order or cancel the order. Given the choice I decided to cancel. After canceling the order I received an email from the representative stating that I must return the items or I will be charged. Now how do I return items I have never received? Now why would anyone pay for Prime when they do not deliver on time, cannot track their own packages, make you do all the work, threaten the customer. If possible I would give Amazon 0 Zero stars.

Amazon.com Company Information