Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.85/5
Based on 5,086 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Not only does Amazon have great products but their Customer Service for the most part is wonderful. Although most times you are outsourced to a different country, I personally have found that when I call it's either South Africa or Philippines and they speak so well, understand me and my NY accent and are quite nice. Let’s face it. Most times you are calling CS with a problem or issue. These agents have to listen to 8 hours of complaints so they themselves need a break. No matter how annoyed I am I try to be on my best behavior and as nice as can be because they too need a break with how nasty we as a society can be.

I have run up against any number of odd things that I have had to have handled and never once have I been disrespected or made to feel anything but a valued customer. I have had any number of 3rd party issues and again for the most part Amazon have backed me up 100%. Just remember in the end you get better results when you're nicer. It's even easier to be a nicer person than negative. ***I have never worked for nor do I know of anyone who has worked for this company. I have also never worked CS in this capacity..

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been a Prime member for many years. I use Amazon for most of my shopping needs except groceries. I haven’t really tried that as an option. They offer a lot for the cost of membership. This includes commercial free music, unlimited photo storage (not including video), free movies and TV shows and two day free shipping.

Also, I have never had a problem returning an item. Their customer service is always helpful including their technical support. They stand by what they have represented online. I had an order that showed to be delayed from the promised date, when I called they gave me five dollars off to use as credit; The package actually got there on the original promise date anyway. They also hold their sellers to the same standards. When I had purchased a mattress and adjustable bed from the website and had a problem they told me to call the distributor company and if I was not satisfied with a solution I was to call them back and let them know. For a very large company they operate like a small business with great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I’ve been using Amazon for 19 years and I swear by it. I’ve probably ordered well over a thousand items and my satisfaction rate is something like 98%. I certainly do my research by comparing prices with other online retailers and will use another retailer when their prices are cheaper. I rarely have a problem with the purchased product but when I do it always gets resolved. They also do a great job with inventory. I used a couple other online retailers, purchasing (supposedly in stock) items with guaranteed Christmas deliveries only to have my order cancelled right before Christmas as the item was out of stock. This has never happened with Amazon.

My only real complaint is with Amazon’s online reviews. Many of them are complete garbage, giving 5 star ratings on junk products. I’ve learned how to spot this and can now work around it; but I was duped a few times before I figured it out. Additionally purchasing from Amazon 3rd party sellers can sometimes present problems. Research their return policy before buying. Amazon’s return policy has always been fair and I’ve never had a problem. I’m also a Prime customer, so not only do I enjoy swift delivery but I get Prime video and music which I enjoy tremendously. I think as consumers we all need to do our homework; and while Amazon is not perfect; it has worked near enough to perfect for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Amazon has the worst delivery people, More than a dozen times my stuff has been delivered to the wrong address, the latest time today in which they delivered to the wrong address. They even handed my package to the person, you would think they would ask if it was the correct place. And their policy is that they will not go back to the address and get the shipment. Instead the person is allowed to keep the stuff and I have to fight with the customer service to get the money back and I have to reorder the stuff so that they can redilver the stuff to a wrong address again. This company's delivery system SUCKS. They should fire whoever is in charge of deliveries..

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Had a printer that was list for 2 weeks. Finally delivered to me but the ONLY option Return option was through Kohl's. Same thing on another small item. Only prepaid return option was Kohl's. So now, what once was a 2 min drop off is now at least a 20 min drive, walk to back of store, stand in long line process to take to Kohl's. They are making it more and more inconvenient to return anything. Amazon is getting greedy, too big for their own good. The customer is 2nd to greed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Slacking. Used to be great at what they did. Ever since they stopped using FedEx and UPS, they’re a freaking joke. Of the last 7 things I’ve ordered, 4 of them haven’t been delivered. From a big company like Amazon, that’s unacceptable. Absolutely ridiculous. Just got another notification today that the product I ordered was not going to be delivered. They either get lost, or they sat undeliverable. Not to mention that I’m a member of Amazon Prime, this was an amazon prime item, which is always 2 day shipping, and it was set to be delivered 5 days after I bought it. What the hell am I paying for it they can’t even hold on their end of the deal? Unreal how far downhill this company has gone in the past few months.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Ever since Amazon started doing their own deliveries, there have been multiple problems with not receiving packages on time. Received updates that I am the next stop. I’m at the location waiting and the next thing it states they were unable to deliver because no one was there. Today, it said a package was delivered and handed to a resident. No package was received. No notice on the door. Called and was informed that the status was prematurely updated and that it should come tomorrow?! Who are they hiring as delivery workers? Some of them should be fired for incompetence. How hard can it be to scan a bar code?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I've been shopping on Amazon for nearly 15 years now, and a Prime member for more than half of that. I have watched the service go downhill in an exponential curve for many years. In the beginning orders were delivered on time and as promised, however that has happened less and less. I have had orders arrive late and incomplete more and more often. I spend more and more time with customer service trying to rectify issues, with less and less consideration for the inconvenience. It seems the more customers they have the less they care about providing the services they promote. Granted, their customer service is comparatively very good for items sold by Amazon, which is why I check very carefully to only order items sold directly by Amazon (however this makes me wonder if this is by design).

I have had a few bad experiences with Amazon customer service reps, but the chance of getting a bad rep seems much less likely than getting a late, incomplete, or undelivered order. In fact I often have orders that show as delivered and have not been. Typically they show up in the few days following, but I wonder if this is just to keep the appearance of a good "on time" delivery percentage. They also have a good bit of work to do on their reps' chat translation software (I prefer chat over phone so I can do other things at the same time, considering the amount of time I've spent with them), but it's still good enough to get the general point across.

It's notable they have changed to a bot service to begin the chat sessions, as well as have STOPPED sending transcripts, or even offering the option to get a transcript of chat sessions. I have even been told reps are not allowed to provide transcripts anymore, even when specifically asked to do so. This used to be an AUTOMATIC feature for chat sessions. Whenever anyone does not want a written account or documentation of what is said during any kind of sale or financial transaction it makes me very concerned.

Amazon.com Company Information