2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5
Based on 4,992 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Not only does Amazon have great products but their Customer Service for the most part is wonderful. Although most times you are outsourced to a different country, I personally have found that when I call it's either South Africa or Philippines and they speak so well, understand me and my NY accent and are quite nice. Let’s face it. Most times you are calling CS with a problem or issue. These agents have to listen to 8 hours of complaints so they themselves need a break. No matter how annoyed I am I try to be on my best behavior and as nice as can be because they too need a break with how nasty we as a society can be.

I have run up against any number of odd things that I have had to have handled and never once have I been disrespected or made to feel anything but a valued customer. I have had any number of 3rd party issues and again for the most part Amazon have backed me up 100%. Just remember in the end you get better results when you're nicer. It's even easier to be a nicer person than negative. ***I have never worked for nor do I know of anyone who has worked for this company. I have also never worked CS in this capacity..

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been a Prime member for many years. I use Amazon for most of my shopping needs except groceries. I haven’t really tried that as an option. They offer a lot for the cost of membership. This includes commercial free music, unlimited photo storage (not including video), free movies and TV shows and two day free shipping.

Also, I have never had a problem returning an item. Their customer service is always helpful including their technical support. They stand by what they have represented online. I had an order that showed to be delayed from the promised date, when I called they gave me five dollars off to use as credit; The package actually got there on the original promise date anyway. They also hold their sellers to the same standards. When I had purchased a mattress and adjustable bed from the website and had a problem they told me to call the distributor company and if I was not satisfied with a solution I was to call them back and let them know. For a very large company they operate like a small business with great customer service.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have had a few bad experiences with the delivered products from Amazon (damaged 2x in a row, unable to return something because I didn’t have a large enough box, stolen/missing items). However, every single time I call Amazon customer service on the phone, I am given incredible service. (And I’m not a prime member.) I was terrified to call the first time, having dealt with large corporation “customer service” before. I have had the agents go completely above and beyond though to help me figure out unique problems or to make sure I’m not paying for damaged, missing, and unwanted items. I’m a realtor for CO, I’m not a spokesperson, I just know good customer service and I think Amazon trains and holds their agents to a higher standard, and it shows. I can’t speak to their email or “chat” customer service, but in my experience, I would never use those. Just call, be nice, explain your issue, and they want to help you solve it! (Speedy service, too. I never? — or rarely at least — have to wait for an agent.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

If you have to return an item for any reason, DO NOT return to an Amazon Hub locker. A friend of mine’s mom passed away and I decided to order a remembrance item. When I received it, I noticed some detailing was missing and decided to return it. Amazon recommended that I return using Amazon Hub locker. I assumed this would be the fastest method to receive a refund. I had to place the item in another box and I had to print a label (not a shipping label which should have been a red flag) but an Amazon label that I had to tape to the front of the box. I also had to insert a printout of a barcode inside the box just in case the label was damaged. I took the item to the closest Amazon locker which was at Ross Dress for Less. I was given a code in an email that I had to type in and a locker popped open. I slid the package inside the locker and shut it. It was really easy and I was hopeful I would get my refund shortly.

A few hours pass and I never received an email stating they received my return at the locker. Nonetheless, I waited until the next day to check the status. I noticed there weren’t any updates and all it said was my return is being processed. Eventually I decided to chat with someone to check the status and I was told that the estimated time of arrival is January 24th. I returned the item to the locker on the 23rd so it appeared things were moving along. Then the rep told me that my refund would be processed shortly.

After still not receiving a notification, I decided to chat with them today, January 26th, and I was told that my package was still in transit to the warehouse, and they can’t process the return until it arrives. I asked when will it arrive and I was told 7 days. That doesn’t make any sense to me at all. I have no idea what Amazon is doing. Clearly there’s some issue with their logistics. I spoke with a friend that returned an item via UPS and she got her refund right away. I wish I had done that from the start! Amazon Hub locker takes forever and they don’t keep you in the loop. I’m very disappointed in Amazon because I was trying to reorder a gift in time for a friend that is in mourning. Furthermore, if I had just gone to a Hallmark store, I wouldn’t have this issue. I really believe they want the return process to be as painful as possible to discourage returns.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I haven’t received the product that I purchased on 23.Dec.2019 from Amazon. Although more than 12 days have passed since the promised delivery day, the product is not shipped to me. I reached out to customer service officials, but they can't tell me where the order is.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This was an Amazon survey that it asked me to fill out and take advantage of a free gift. All you had to pay for was shipping fee. They then charge you a monthly fee of $59 which you have to call in to cancel. I tried calling the line multiple times. It just hangs up on me and I havent had a response to the email. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I purchase in the Black Friday sale, not only did not receive my goods after a lot of excuses. Three weeks delay. I was told tough, they just put the money back in my account and were not interested in me. As you can understand I no longer use or recommend Amazon, better companies out there who care for their customers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I have found Amazon nothing but the worst experience of my life! I opened up a account with my husband to buy baby stuff. The first purchase was good. I then added my credit card and amazon blocked me. After sending all the documents they require I haven't heard a single word back. I then used my personal old account, again I added my credit card the transaction went through only for it to be followed up with a "there is unusual activity in your account" email. Then I got reinstated after many documents and emails were sent. I made the purchase again, only to be BLOCKED AGAIN!

Not sure about Amazon.com?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Deal Websites for you.

Amazon.com Company Information