Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.01/5
Based on 4,767 ratings submitted in the last year

5520 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have had a few bad experiences with the delivered products from Amazon (damaged 2x in a row, unable to return something because I didn’t have a large enough box, stolen/missing items). However, every single time I call Amazon customer service on the phone, I am given incredible service. (And I’m not a prime member.) I was terrified to call the first time, having dealt with large corporation “customer service” before. I have had the agents go completely above and beyond though to help me figure out unique problems or to make sure I’m not paying for damaged, missing, and unwanted items. I’m a realtor for CO, I’m not a spokesperson, I just know good customer service and I think Amazon trains and holds their agents to a higher standard, and it shows. I can’t speak to their email or “chat” customer service, but in my experience, I would never use those. Just call, be nice, explain your issue, and they want to help you solve it! (Speedy service, too. I never? — or rarely at least — have to wait for an agent.)

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I’ve been using Amazon for 19 years and I swear by it. I’ve probably ordered well over a thousand items and my satisfaction rate is something like 98%. I certainly do my research by comparing prices with other online retailers and will use another retailer when their prices are cheaper. I rarely have a problem with the purchased product but when I do it always gets resolved. They also do a great job with inventory. I used a couple other online retailers, purchasing (supposedly in stock) items with guaranteed Christmas deliveries only to have my order cancelled right before Christmas as the item was out of stock. This has never happened with Amazon.

My only real complaint is with Amazon’s online reviews. Many of them are complete garbage, giving 5 star ratings on junk products. I’ve learned how to spot this and can now work around it; but I was duped a few times before I figured it out. Additionally purchasing from Amazon 3rd party sellers can sometimes present problems. Research their return policy before buying. Amazon’s return policy has always been fair and I’ve never had a problem. I’m also a Prime customer, so not only do I enjoy swift delivery but I get Prime video and music which I enjoy tremendously. I think as consumers we all need to do our homework; and while Amazon is not perfect; it has worked near enough to perfect for me.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime member for almost a year now. For only $12.99/month, I have so many options and Amazon products (streaming ANY music I want, at any time I choose on ANY device; Amazon unlimited photo storage with automatic uploading so I don't lose any photo or video when a device fails; Amazon Smile contributes to my charity of choice (St Jude's Ranch For Children in Boulder City, NV); Amazon NOW allows me to order almost anything I need from a grocery store, and delivers it to me within the time frame of my choosing; Amazon Prime gives me the option of choosing 2-day FREE shipping, or free shipping that delivers on a later date - but gives me a $5 reward for choosing the later option which can be applied to my Amazon NOW order (so far I choose the "later option for free delivery" twice and now I have a reward of $10 off my next Amazon Now purchase.

I love to shop on Amazon because here in Las Vegas, it's difficult for me to get to a store that offers the items I need. Plus, I can read reviews of products by people who are verified purchasers of the products, and ask questions about something I'm interested in, if I want. Even if I end up buying something in a store rather than on Amazon, I always try to read the product reviews and questions and answers about the item I'm buying ahead of time so I know I'm getting the right product for my needs.

When others have stated that their orders haven't shipped on time, it's probably due to the seller of the product in which case Amazon really has no control over how long an item takes to reach them. That's another thing I appreciate about Amazon Prime - I can order from an Amazon Prime verified seller which guarantees my 2-day free shipping, hence, I've never had an order that was misplaced, that didn't arrive on time, or any of the other problems some consumers complain about.

Amazon has excellent customer support, and due to the excellence of service I've received thus far, I've only contacted their customer support once - when I had a log on issue. Since I became a member of Amazon Prime, I've never had an issue with anything at all and am very pleased with the options I have for ordering everything and anything I need at any time I need it.

It is very well worth the $12.99/month fee for Prime membership because I figured out that if I shopped and purchased products in-store, I've spent a lot more than $12.99 on gasoline, wear and tear on my vehicle, the time it takes up going from store to store to find exactly what I need, and, of course the extra money spent on impulse-buying. (There's also the risk factor of getting a traffic ticket, lol, which would be more than twice the membership fee). For me, a person who used to love to browse through stores just looking - and comparison shopping, now that I am not able to do the walking it takes through huge warehouse stores, or handle the crowds of people at stores, the ability to shop on Amazon and avoid all of the hassle is far better than conventional shopping in stores.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Once again, I'm giving Amazon a 5-star experience, this time due to its excellence in customer care, even on a Sunday afternoon. When I had an issue with a local UPS store while trying to print a return shipping label for an item I purchased from Amazon, I contacted the customer care department on the Amazon shopping website in order to have them mail the return shipping documentation to my home. The deadline to return my item was very near so I was in a bit of a panic to get a return label asap - my printer refused to print, the UPS computer and printer were not cooperating, and to get the proper documentation mailed to my home was my last hope... Until I chatted online with an Amazon.com customer care representative.

The CSR I chatted online with was patient while I explained every detail of my frustrating dilemma. Not only did the CSR listen to every word I wrote in chat (I know this because he addressed each struggle), he reassured me and told me I could expect a UPS driver to come to my home the next business day to pick up my return package and that I would not have to print any return shipment documentation - it was going to be handled by Amazon and UPS, free of charge. As a former Customer Service Specialist for a large corporation in Los Angeles, I and my workgroup won awards for excellence in customer satisfaction. Based on that, my 5-star rating here should have some value.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Shopping online has become not just a luxury for me, but a necessity due to my disability. I no longer have the ability to stroll through stores, browsing the shelves for what I need or to be inspired by what I see there. The Amazon Prime shopping app (both on my phone and on my laptop) has afforded me the opportunity to look at different products I need, check prices on different brands, and read reviews by customers who have purchased and used the products I'm interested in purchasing. It also delivers what I order in a very timely manner, and since I've become a Prime member, my deliveries are free, within a few days of placing and paying for my orders.

Since the deliveries arrive via UPS, my phone is alerted with a text message telling me my packages have been delivered to my doorstep. Anytime, if ever, I need to return something, Amazon.com sends a return shipping label to my email which I can easily print, and drop my package off at the UPS store only a few blocks from my home. I can also choose to have a UPS driver pick up the return package from my home so I don't even have to leave the house. (Another option Amazon gives me is to mail a return shipping label to my house for just $1, in the event that I am unable to get my EPSON printer to function properly... See my other review!)

I had a minor issue with getting a return shipping label printed at the local UPS store, so I contacted Amazon customer support and chatted with one of their CSRs online. My issue was resolved beyond my expectations. I've never been happier with online shopping, in all regards. Overall, I would highly recommend Amazon Prime to anyone - not just those who are homebound like myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: July 21, 2019

Been an Amazon Prime member for many years, but lately I am concerned about their shipping practices. Last few orders from Amazon were delivered without being packaged properly in Amazon boxes or any boxes. Contacted Amazon regarding this issue, but so far they seem to continue to ship items just as you would get it off the shelve. Beware as Amazon is now not boxing items and that can create many issues for customer.

Original review: July 21, 2019

On Prime Day, Amazon had a deal on Ring security systems with the choice of a Dot or Ring doorbell. I ordered the 14 piece security system with the Ring doorbell and ordered the Dot separately. I did not receive the doorbell. I was on the phone for 35 minutes with overseas customer service with no solution other than to send it back and get my money back. I am furious that there is no resolution or consequences for Amazon.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I called customer service about a late package last night. Seeing as I had to have it today and they told me it had been out for delivery and the driver could not find my address. Now this is the 4th time the driver has seen one address on my duplex and drove off when there are clearly two address. I have instructions on my account stating the description of my building. So anyway I ask to talk to a supervisor and am told by the representative no I can handle it. So I let her only to be told they would have it here no later than 9:30am this morning.

So 11:30 rolls around and I call customer service again only to get told there was absolutely nothing they could do and it would probably be here in 3 to 4 hours. I pay for prime and that's supposed to be guaranteed shipping in two days. So my last package I ordered from them did not come for 2 weeks after it said it would be here. They have just lost me as a Customer all together. At this point ordering from just about anywhere else would guarantee my package gets here faster.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I ordered a product and paid for next day delivery, but it didn't arrived. I called customer service next day, they were not helpful at all. I talked with a supervisor, Humberto, who was very rude and said he is the highest person in Amazon and refused to give me his superior's name and contact information.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I have been a Prime member for 6 years and for the past year and a half this has been my worst experience ever. I have had 3 or 4 incidents where my package stated it was delivered and I did not receive it. On 07.19.19 I was supposed to get my package and I received an email stating it was delayed and I would not receive it until the following week. I called customer service and spoke with Jenell who assured me she would cancel and refund my money for me since I told her I needed the things I purchased for next day use and I would have to go to Target and purchase.

I was on the phone with her for 48 minutes when she told me she couldn’t help me to get a refund until they received their package back at their service center. I explained to her that I won’t be able to return what was never delivered to me and I need to speak with someone else. She said she was the last point of contact and I would have to hang up and call back. I had to hang up and call back, transferred to 3 other people and finally the last one was able to give me an instant refund because he said my package was still at their warehouse and was not assigned a driver. I felt so bad the way they treated me, I broke down in tears. It felt like I did not matter and my Prime membership for 6 years, the purchases I made did not matter to Amazon. I will not be renewing my membership and I will make it my duty to purchase whatever I want in a store directly. I mean it’s not Amazon will miss my business.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I was scammed by someone pretending to be from Amazon. While Amazon is not responsible, I thought that they would refund the money and make the public aware that there is a fake number on the web when looking for Amazon customer service the scammers are using. They were very understanding but did not refund my money. I am afraid to put my credit card back on file with Amazon.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased a silk duvet cover by Zimasilk on Amazon on Prime Day, along with a silk fitted sheet and a pair of silk pillowcases, all by Zimasilk. I took a long time finding ones that matched, and had to order the items separately. The sheet was obviously USED when it arrived - it was a return (the box inside was open and the internal wrappings were all wadded up along with the sheet). Then the matching duvet cover was shown by Amazon as shipped, then shown as sent to wrong address, then shown as damaged in transit. It was then returned to the seller.

When I contacted Amazon customer service I was told I had to reorder the item - they would not honor the purchase I had made. When I checked the price, it had INCREASED over $60! I was told by the Amazon customer service rep that they would credit my credit card the difference after it had shipped. I then had to call AGAIN after it had shipped to get the credit applied. That rep told me that they can't make a price credit as it's not an Amazon item! I've spent several hours first purchasing these items, then having to deal with their unhelpful customer service reps, who obviously don't know what they're doing and will just say anything to get you to pay full price for their "Prime Day Deals". Not much of a deal - I've been a Prime member for several years but no more Prime Day for me. It's all going back - buyer beware! I'll also let my state's Atty Gen'l know about their practices.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I ordered a leg brace for my knee. Guarantee Thursday delivery. 830pm on Thursday I get a email stating they are having trouble delivering to my address. So they send the package back to seller without my permission. Instead of sending it to the right station to be delivered the next day. After many calls to Amazon by employees who have no idea how to fix a problem. I get an email stating they are refunding my money because buyer returned it. They will lie and deceive you beware.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased a TV on Prime Day through Amazon. It was shipped out by Best Buy which is an approved Amazon vendor. I got a great price on the TV. The only thing is they sent me a messed up TV. It was not damaged during shipping. It was totally a factory second. You could see the ribbons (internals) on the side of the TV screen which is not good. Also the TV did not function correctly. I was told I could send it back for a full refund or take it to the nearest Best Buy. Either way I was told they could not send me another TV at the price I purchased it for on PRIME DAY. So what is the point PRIME DAY???? I don't blame Best Buy because I did not purchase the TV through them. I purchased it through Amazon. Buyer beware!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

My experience with posting reviews for vendors on Amazon.com have been totally disappointing. The postings are truthful and informative but Amazon.com rejects them, my guess is because they are negative. Here is my latest post that was rejected. See what you think... "Thank you for submitting a customer review. Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines: http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines." ES Robbins EverLife Anchor Bar Lipped Vinyl Chair Mat for High Pile Carpet, 45 by 53-Inch, Clear ★ from Ronald ** on July 17, 2019. Vendor can not fill orders. The vendor was unable to fill my order. None in stock and no idea when they would get any in. Yet they had the product advertised on Amazon.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Don't buy this if you intend to use for music. The Kindle stops playing the music without any input every few seconds. Cannot get through one song without it shutting down. Customer service rep thought it was ok that it almost made it through one song. Sorry, not acceptable.

Original review: July 18, 2019

My husband and I ordered $1000 worth of furniture from Amazon, all of which was supposed to be delivered within about a week of purchase. The couch, the rug, the baker’s rack, and the pillow cases arrived on time. We decided on a different rug and pillows so we initiated a refund for both of those items. No big deal. We were waiting on the arrival of an accent chair, a coffee table, and an end table. July 10th came and went and apparently our tables were delivered and signed for by someone that doesn’t share our last name. I chatted with a representative and they told me that sometimes UPS drivers accidentally mark packages as being delivered, and to wait until the next day. The next day came and went, still no tables. I chatted again, this time they told me to wait until Saturday the 13th. The chair was also expected on the 13th. Saturday came and went, no tables, and no chair. Hmm.

My husband called and told the rep he would like a refund for the tables and the woman told him that that would not be possible until the 14th. She informed us the chair was lost and was able to refund us for that, which was a bummer because I really liked that chair. She said they needed to open an investigation with UPS to crack the case of the missing tables and that we’d hear back in 3 days, max, then we’d be able to get a refund or replacement if they were not delivered.

My husband wanted the refund as soon as possible, and he didn’t even want to deal with the investigation, and the woman was very rude about it. He asked to speak to her supervisor and she refused. So, we waited for the investigation to close. We didn’t hear anything. I called again today and apparently no investigation was opened with UPS so I need to wait ANOTHER 3 days without a refund or replacement so they can ACTUALLY conduct the investigation this time. I will never, EVER buy furniture from Amazon again.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Purchased an item on Amazon Prime Day. It was delivered but when I opened the box, after I had signed for it and the courier had gone, it contained random items I never ordered that were a fraction of the cost. Upon contacting Amazon they would not replace the item only provide a refund for me to re-purchase. The item had gone back to full price, but they refused to credit the difference. This event was publicised as a bonus for being a Prime member and yet they treat them like this... Shocking. They also implied that as I had signed for the parcel then it must have been correct. From now on the courier can wait whilst I open every package.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Prime Day I ordered a monitor Monday and expected delivery on Wed. I got a nice pic of my monitor on the wrong doorstep. Rather than send the driver back to get it they inconvenienced me for 3 more days while they had another shipped from Va. AMAZON WOULD RATHER INCONVENIENCE A CUSTOMER THAN INCONVENIENCE A DELIVERY DRIVER!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

On 16th July 2019 (Prime Day), I have made a a good deal buying Samsung M20 at INR 6830.99 (which is INR 7159.01 lower from its MRP) on order#**. Since I am a Prime customer (with same email id) I was promised to get delivery by 17th July 2019 (next day) until 2100 hrs IST. But on the day of delivery I waited whole day till committed time then see a message on "your order tracking" that it get delayed and I will get it by 20th July 2019. After 2200 hrs (IST) it showed that order is cancelled by me and parcel is returning to seller, but this is not the case. Rather this fake message was either created by delivery person, seller or by Amazon itself, I was waiting for this parcel since morning, how can I reject it. I would like Amazon to take strict action against team involve in this event of creating trust deficit and cheating in the name of Prime Day deal.

Original review: July 18, 2019

On Amazon Canada Prime Day. It was offered $5 bonus on $25 reload. They never posted any limit of the maximum benefit on their advertisement. Not even in small bold letters. I reloaded multiple times in the hope I will receive $5 credit each time. Each time on my transaction it was clearly mentioned Qualifying offer. "Prime Day GC Promo" and "$5 promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account within 2 days". However, in reality, I have received only one $5. I have contacted their team and they partially gave me promotional credit but didn't give the full bonus value that I should receive.

"Deepa: I am really sorry for the misunderstand here, however, the promotional credit can be added one time per customer's account and as you have been given a benefit of doubt, we have already issued a $15 promotional credit to your account, which should not have been added in the first case. *Misunderstanding here." They mentioned the limit of $5 on the terms and conditions but never mentioned on their advertisement not even in small words and misled in the transaction process by giving fake promises of $5 credit on each transaction. Unless you have a hobby and time to read Amazon terms and conditions don't buy from Amazon.ca. They can fool you through their advertisement and transaction process.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I am a prime member of amazon.in and the services that I got is pathetic. I work as a freelancer for an Amazon store based in USA and my client wanted to buy a laptop for me for work. He wanted to use his card for accounting purpose so I tried to buy it on Amazon since the payment was not authorized from the bank so it declined at 1st time but then my client called into his bank and authorized it and the order went through then Amazon somehow canceled the order. Called Customer service, they said to try again it should work. Again tried, bank declined then client again called and authorized bank for the payment. He cleared it from his bank but Amazon canceled the order again. It happened several times. I called customer service again, someone mentioned that if I have any relative who has prime try from their account as there is a flag on our account and it may take 24 hours to clear it.

I wanted to use Prime Day offer and I asked my brother to help me with this. And we placed the order successfully but Amazon is not happy with anything and they placed a hold on my brother's account. Asked for the info and we send the info they asked for. Again another mail asked for the statement where address last 4 digits of the account and name is clearly mentioned. I had to ask my client for this and he being so generously sent me the details and we forwarded. Now they asked for tax invoice that has to be sent from his bank. What the hell is this? Am I being a freelancer, how many times I need to reach to my client? All we wanted is to use Prime Day deal and buy a laptop using his account. If you don't accept international card why you didn't write it somewhere? In payment, section writes it clearly that international cards are not accepted. Customer service should have not advised using relatives account for purchase either.

I am so frustrated with Amazon that I had Amazon pay balance of 10K and I asked them to pay me back. I will use other portals, not Amazon.in. Amazon.com is good but not Amazon.in. My brother's account is still on hold. I am really frustrated with Amazon that I don't want to use them anymore. I have been a regular customer with them, not only me but my family too. In fact, I encouraged others to use as I myself handle Amazon store in the US but will not encourage people to use such a frustrating service.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I recently used Amazon to order a large number of items to build a gaming computer. This was my first time using Amazon to make large purchases. Mainly because their prices were slightly cheaper than Newegg and OutletPC.com. Well, this past week dealing with their overseas-based customer services has been an absolute nightmare. Some packages arrived quickly, but one order was missing a tracking number which resulted in a complaint to 3rd party sell which was never originally their fault. Over my many attempts to call Amazon, I always end up talking to an overseas-based support team who can never find a solution and force me to repeat myself.

I would request to speak to a USA based customer service and would be simply transferred to another overseas-based rep in the same department. I have many times praised Amazon for their service. Amazon had made no attempt to correct my issues. I will not longer use Amazon for any sort of PC build or high price item if the service is going to be this bad. Buyers would be better off paying just a little bit more to have a chance to have quality customer service in a moment of need. I would be happy to change my review if Amazon would even put a small effort to correct this lack of support to a customer.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I recently ordered something on a Monday evening that said it was fulfilled by Amazon with a guaranteed delivery on Thursday. This was important because it was something I was taking with me when I leave the country for 3 weeks on Friday. That Wednesday I get an email saying it will be delivered on Friday. WTF? How can they use the word guaranteed legally when it is really we should have it there on Thursday? This presents a real problem because I will be gone for 3 weeks. I would have not ordered it if it did not say fulfilled by Amazon with that delivery guarantee. So it will sit on my doorstep for 3 weeks where anyone can steal it and know I am not home, and possibly rob from my house.

I called customer service but they said the item was still in a third party's possession and they could not stop the item from being delivered until it was in the post office's possession. They told me to call them back when I found out it was in the post office's possession so they can put in a stop delivery. I may be out of the country then! They should not be able to say guaranteed delivery for anything, ever because they cannot do such. Frustrated, possible ex Amazon Prime member.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Amazon.com chose to use an alternative billing method for my account. They did not seek my authorization to change the billing credit card. It matters to me greatly, which card is used for certain purchases. They have a way to toggle this "Backup payment method" off for future, but they have taken it into their own hands to complete the unauthorized billing without my knowledge. They used to send me an email notifying me there was a billing problem and I would be able to address it quickly online (my credit card is turned on and off by me for fraud security purposes and sometimes that causes a charge to be denied, if the card was left turned off).

To make matters worse, If the item has shipped, which it usually will before you find out about this, customer service WILL Not revert the charges back to the correct card. They prefer the customer to send the items back and redo the whole purchase, taking days longer. Mind you, the items weren't due to reach me for 1-2 days. Also, there is no phone number nor a way to call Amazon from within their own website. Despite following links to talk to a human, I was always diverted back to another webpage. I had to obtain the phone number from another outside website.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I ordered an item for next-day delivery at an Amazon Locker and received a confirmation. On the expected delivery day (the next day) I got an email saying there would be a delay and it would be two days late and I would get my shipping charge refunded. I attempted to cancel the order and got a response that it was too late to do so. Then I got an email saying they couldn't deliver it and it was being returned to Amazon. Then I got an email saying my shipping charge was being refunded. Then I got an email saying the item was on it's way to the the locker!

I called customer support and you someone (I'm guessing in India) and spend nearly half an hour getting nowhere. She continually just told me what I already knew and couldn't seem to understand my simple questions -- (1) was the order on its way or not and (2) whose fault was it, the vendor or Amazon. He was adamant that a full refund had been processed and that the item wasn't coming but couldn't explain the last email and she said it was sent back to Amazon because the shipper was "unable to deliver it" -- even though the delivery point was an Amazon Locker!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

As a long time Amazon Prime member, I'm pissed off about how you handle your Prime Day for your "valued" members. I had put the Ring Video Doorbell Pro with free Echo Dot in my cart while I was at work, and it was listed at the Prime Day discounted price with no warning of limited availability. When I got home to compare some other items I was interested in but didn't have time to review at work, I'm slapped in the face with an "unavailable" indicator for the Ring Pro and it's been moved out of my cart. I chatted for help, but the assistant couldn't help me. Once my items from this order have shipped, I'm cancelling my Prime membership and telling all of Facebook about this ** policy.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I am a seller on Amazon. I am the author, publisher, the rights owner of the book I am selling on Amazon.com. I reported one seller who illegally obtained some of my books and started to sell on my listing and I got dis-activated. When I called the customer service, they do not know anything, they have no information and they cannot help you. Why do you have customer service if you do not provide them with information to share with the customers?

I provided an official letter from the publishing house, an official letter from the ISBN agency proving that I am the author, publisher and the rights owner of the book. And what? They activated my listing and that dishonest seller's listing too. Now I cannot get any information on how happened I was dis-activated and how come dishonest people can block you on Amazon. The worst place to sell!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Monday, July 15, I ordered the above item from your website. All indication lead me to believe that the item would arrive in 2 days, as usual. So, I was expecting the item to be delivered Wednesday, July 17. Upon getting a confirmation I learned that the item would be delivered Thursday, July 18. Just an hour ago, I received an email telling me that the item will arrive Friday, July 19.

I contacted Customer by phone and got no satisfaction. I was told that the cup is sold by Modern Outdoor Life and Amazon has no control over their shipping. The Shipping details says, "One-Day Shipping." So, allowing for one day shipping, the item should ship Tuesday, July 16, and arrive Thursday, July 18 (assuming your 2-day delivery) Friday delivery is 3-day delivery.

I went to the same web site today, 24 hours after placing my order and went through the process of ordering the same item, again, but cancelling after I got the delivery date of Friday, July 19. So, 24 hours after placing my order, I could have gotten the same delivery date by order today!!!! Which brings to mind a couple of questions: 1) would have I gotten the same delivery date without Amazon Prime? I'm betting, I would. 2) If the delivery date is unknown at the time of order, why mislead customers to think delivery will occur faster than actual delivery? I have to reconsider my subscription to Amazon Prime and the perceived value it portrays. Daniel **

Original review: July 16, 2019

I am a regular Amazon customer and I had a very disturbing experience with my latest order, which included headbands for $17. My account was charged three times! And, it was Prime, although it took 4-5 days to arrive rather than the typical 2 days. I called Amazon customer service with the hopes that they could rectify the issue but it only caused more frustration as they simply lied and lied, and all over a silly $17! Their “manager” Mindy told me I was charged numerous times because the item wasn’t in stock. And, that when it’s not in stock, they can charge as many different times as they want until it becomes in stock. She said, it’s a very problematic policy and causes issues every day for them and for customers and they have notified the higher ups at Amazon, to no avail. I was shocked!

I said, "Wow, so, by ordering something I’m agreeing to letting you charge my account for one item as many times as you want," and she said, yes, that’s the policy I’ve agreed to. Yikes! I can’t imagine if this was actually an expensive item and my checking account was charged over and over again. I then told her that I ordered the product and it stated that there were only 12 items left, so there is no way that it was actually out of stock as it wasn’t that popular of an item. She said, "Oh, actually the policy is that it can be in stock, but we charge every time we check with every Amazon warehouse to see what warehouse has the item." So, I said, "Woahhh so you can have the item in stock and still charge erroneously." She said yes.

I asked for my $17 back for this misinformation and she refused. I also said that I paid for Prime and it took far longer than two days. Both the regular customer service agent and the manager, Mindy said that the supplier can take as long as they want to ship it out, it just has to be there in two days after they ship it. I was shocked that I’m being led to believe that Amazon Prime means an item will get to me in two days, not two days after a supplier sits on it for days, weeks, or even months. Again, this is just a $17 order but it should have been refunded especially because the manager thinks the “policy” is problematic and because she lied to me.

I’ve lost faith in Amazon completely! And, my fiancé himself works for Amazon - I’m shocked what the company has turned into. We have given Jeff Bezos the permission to charge our checking accounts as many times as he or an employee feels like and also gives them as much time to hold our money without having to send the item out in any given time frame. This is scary. I won’t be ordering from Amazon anymore and my fiancé is starting to look for another job. This company just isn’t trustworthy anymore. :(

Amazon.com Company Information