4.6/5 (1486 ratings)

About LifeStation

LifeStation provides medical alert technology in the U.S. to help seniors live safely and independently at home. Its range of products, including both at-home and on-the-go devices, include 24/7 U.S.-based monitoring, a 30-day money-back guarantee and tools to give family, friends and caregivers peace of mind. LifeStation systems don’t require a long-term contract or landline to use. The company has over 40 years of experience in the medical alert industry.

Pros

• No long-term contracts
  • Fall detection technology
  • 24/7 support

Cons

• No activity monitoring

Bottom Line

LifeStation claims the fastest response times. Optional fall detection is available, but they lack other services like smoke monitoring. The caregiver service notifies family and loved ones in the event of an emergency.

Top LifeStation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I've had a stroke and although I can manage on my own, I'm always afraid of what would happen if I fell and I couldn't get up, or if my heart started acting up... So, it's nice to...

Verified

I recently switched ... to LifeStation because LifeStation's infrastructure is more flexible, allowing an unlimited number of people on the emergency call list, setting up emergen...

About LifeStation

LifeStation offers a push-button medical emergency response at home or on-the-go thanks to GPS monitoring. LifeStation can provide fall detection technology, and their wearable help buttons are waterproof. Plus, the LifeStation lockbox helps ease logistics in case the user cannot answer the door due to an emergency.

LifeStation service can move with you in the event you relocate and repair or replace both equipment and batteries at no extra cost. The 30-day money-back guarantee allows LifeStation customers to try the system risk-free, though customers must pay for return shipping.

LifeStation medical alert systems

Seniors who live alone or with other seniors but would like to remain in their homes longer might choose LifeStation medical alert system for added security. Those with mobility issues can also benefit from LifeStation medical alarm service.

• At Home: LifeStation’s in-home medical alert system includes a button you wear on the neck or wrist and a base console that uses 4G cellular technology (no landline necessary).
  • On the Go: Sidekick, LifeStation’s mobile alert button with GPS location services, helps responders identify your location if you experience an emergency away from home.
  • Smartwatch: Sidekick Smart is a smartwatch with enhanced location services, step tracking, heart rate monitoring and two-way communication.
  • Fall detection: A wearable device with fall detection technology automatically notifies LifeStation operators if it senses a fall has occurred, even if the wearer is unable to push the button.

LifeStation equipment

All LifeStation equipment is UL listed and FCC approved. LifeStation medical alert devices are tested before shipped to customers, and faulty equipment will be replaced with no charge to the consumer.

• Two-way communication console: The emergency console plugs into an outlet in your home and connects to the phone line (or cell service). When you push the help button, the emergency console contacts the care center and activates two-way voice communication. The console has 32-hour back-up batteries in case of a power outage.
  • Medical alert pendant: The medical alert pendant is a small, waterproof device with a button worn around the neck. When you press the button, it sends a signal to your in-home emergency console and contacts the care center.
  • Medical alert wall button: If the LifeStation member pushes the wall-mounted button, it sends a signal to the emergency console to contact the care center and enable two-way voice communication.
  • Bathroom/hallway help button: Extra help buttons can be mounted low to the ground in bathrooms, hallways and bedrooms for easy access. Price for each button is $2.95 per month. Help buttons are waterproof and come with adhesive for mounting.
  • Lockbox: In the event you cannot answer the door for medical responders and caregivers, they will get a code for a lockbox outside of the home for $2.95 per month

LifeStation caregiver tools

LifeStation includes AlertMessage service that notifies loved ones or caregivers in case of an emergency. In the event the LifeStation subscriber pushes the button, an email will automatically be sent to the caregivers listed on the contact list. This allows family members to immediately know if there is an issue.

The Find My Loved One service allows you to check the current location of a loved one anytime while they’re wearing their medical alert button. All you have to do is send a text message, and you get a response with the location on a map.

The console will also contact the care center to trigger an automatic email to caregivers if back-up batteries are low or the signal has been disconnected (i.e., unplugged from an electrical outlet or phone jack). When the user tests the console, it also sends an email to those on the contact list.

LifeStation pricing

LifeStation costs begin at $32.95 per month. Subscribers who make annual payments will receive a free month.

Payments include equipment rental and 24/7 monitoring service. Monitoring for an additional user in the same household costs $3.99 per month. One Bathroom/Hallway Help Button costs $2.95 to add on, with a maximum of six buttons allowed. The Lock Box costs $2.99 per month. Optional service add-ons, including fall detection and mobile service with GPS, are available for an additional fee.

LifeStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The people are great. If you hit the LifeStation device somewhere, they’ll come right over. The other day, just walking around, I hit it on something and the people came over. They think I fell down. So, I got to the door and told them I didn't. I just happened to hit it somewhere, so it went off. And they go, “Okay.” They came so fast and they were good about it. The device makes me feel comfortable and like somebody is there watching over me. I don't have to worry about me falling down because nobody's gonna come over and take care of me. But this device does right away.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

LifeStation is very helpful because I carry it with me. A few times, I fell because I couldn’t breathe. Now I know that I have it, I can always press it. I like to make sure that every month, I press the button, make sure that it works. Customer service is very helpful. They break it all down. They talk about what would happen.

Everybody that has any kind of problem should always have LifeStation. It should be available for everyone.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I fell one time and hit my head and I was bleeding quite badly. I had a couple of great-granddaughters that were sleeping, but they couldn't hear me holler. So, I pushed my button and an ambulance and a fire truck came out and helped me. They were right there. It wasn't very long at all. I feel a lot safer with LifeStation.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

It was annoying that LifeStation sent me the wrong device. “We didn't have the one you want, so we sent you this.” I said, “I don't want this. I want the one that I saw on the internet.” They threatened me. “If you don't send this back, you're gonna have to pay for it.” It’s office workers and warehouse workers. I said, “Well, what would give them the right to send me the wrong one just because the other one was out of stock?” But it's all right. I sent the wrong one back, and they sent me the right one.

I dropped it the other day, and nobody called me. One day, I put it on the bed, and I must have tossed it too hard when I came in from taking the garbage out. LifeStation called me. “Did you fall? Is everything okay?” I said, “No, I must have tossed it too hard.” But when I dropped it on the floor, nobody called me. One time, I called them and it said, “Nobody is here to answer your call.” I was very upset. Also, I wish the device was smaller. It's cumbersome. When I go to bed, it tangles up. So, I have a table next to my bed, and I put it there. And when I get up, I put it on again. I never leave the apartment without putting it on, even to take the garbage out.

Original review: July 31, 2022

Having LifeStation is something that when I'm out that I can have on me. So, if something were to go on, that's most important that I could be able to push the button and get some help. And if somebody was with me, and that happens, for someone else. On occasion, I check my heart rate if I'm moving doing something and I feel like, "Oh, my goodness. Let me check, my heart's racing too much. I might need to slow it down." It has been good for that. It's good when my family and everybody is gone and I'm the only one home, and something were to happen. That was the primary reason for me to have like that.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I’ve had LifeStation call EMS several times for me. However, the last time was a false alarm because I could not get the device to shut off and it would not connect me to the operator. Instead, I got a message saying that I was not in the appropriate area for it to work. I called the phone number on the brochure to complain and they sent me a new device. But the device is heavy and it has a green light that is extremely bright and at night, it's distracting. It's a helpful device, but it has major problems. It needs to be recharged every day. It usually takes at least half an hour but sometimes it's a lot longer.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I have my device with me all the time, but I have never had to use it so far. I’ve recommended LifeStation especially to people like me.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Somebody came by and hooked my LifeStation up, and left. It's nice to know that the device is here.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Always seems to work. Have not had any problems with it when testing. The problem is the size. Way too big. Putting it under my shirt leaves a huge bulge. Outside the shirt it is heavy and swings which is annoying. I am considering possibly going to a different company. Any suggestions you have I am open. Bill **

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

We accidentally set the alarm off. Within minutes a response came asking if help was needed. We were impressed by the system and pleased we are subscribing to this valuable service. Thank you for a great system that works as it should also.

LifeStation FAQ

How does a LifeStation alert system work?

The LifeStation medical alert system consists of an emergency console and a wearable help button. The console plugs into an electrical outlet and a landline (or connects to cellular service). The user wears the help button as a wristband or pendant.

When the wearer pushes the button on the LifeStation base unit, it enables two-way voice communication with a care specialist. The operator will ask the wearer about their emergency, and determine if medical services should be dispatched. If the wearer is unable to respond, the operator will follow the personalized emergency plan that you make when you sign up for service. Either way, the care specialist stays on the line until help arrives. An automatic email notification is also sent to the caregivers on the wearer’s contact list.

What is LifeStation’s average response time?

LifeStation’s average response time is 20 seconds.

Do I have to sign a contract to get a LifeStation medical alert system?

Yes, LifeStation requires subscribers to sign a monitoring agreement. Service is provided on a month-to-month basis.

What is LifeStation’s cancellation policy?

If you don't like the LifeStation medical alert device, you can return it through LifeFone customer service — be sure to save the shipment box for easy returns.

Does it cost extra to add my spouse to LifeStation monitoring service?

Adding a spouse to LifeStation monitoring service costs $3.99 per month.

Where are LifeStation monitoring centers located?

LifeStation monitoring centers are located in the United States.

Does LifeStation offer a warranty on medical alert devices?

LifeStation is responsible for replacing any faulty equipment, including batteries, at no extra cost. However, the LifeStation button is extremely durable and can withstand a normal fall.

Does LifeStation offer a free trial period?

LifeStation offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and the customer pays for return shipping.

Do LifeStation medical alarm systems require a landline?

LifeStation In-Home Traditional works with a landline. In-Home Plus systems are designed for customers without a landline.

Are LifeStation mobile medical alert systems waterproof?

LifeStation wearable buttons and wristbands are waterproof. The emergency console is not waterproof.

Do we recommend LifeStation?

Yes. Monitoring service, along with the LifeStation personal emergency plan, gives family and caregivers peace of mind that their loved ones have access to help. In an emergency, a certified care specialist answers the call when the help button is pushed. Although fall detection does not detect 100% of falls, it’s an added layer of protection. The system works anywhere in the U.S. and you can take it with you if you move.

LifeStation Company Information