Call toll free
(866) 235-1920
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, which is unprecedented in their industry.

Contact them today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $20 a month! Their representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

LifeStation claims the fastest response times. Optional fall detection is available, but they lack other services like smoke monitoring. The caregiver service notifies family and loved ones in the event of an emergency.

PROS

• No long-term contracts
  • Fall detection technology
  • 24/7 support

CONS

• No activity monitoring

Top LifeStation Reviews

09/18/2018

I've had a stroke and although I can manage on my own, I'm always afraid of what would happen if I fell and I couldn't get up, or if my heart started acting up... So, it's nice to know the LifeStation is here if I need it and I wish it would work when I'm away from it. I've recommended it to someone else.

03/28/2019

I recently switched to LifeStation because LifeStation's infrastructure is more flexible, allowing an unlimited number of people on the emergency call list, setting up emergency instructions the way you'd like them to be handled, and not forcing you to receive unsolicited calls from the company.

About LifeStation

LifeStation offers a push-button medical emergency response at home or on-the-go thanks to GPS monitoring. LifeStation can provide fall detection technology, and their wearable help buttons are waterproof. Plus, the LifeStation lockbox helps ease logistics in case the user cannot answer the door due to an emergency.

LifeStation service can move with you in the event you relocate and repair or replace both equipment and batteries at no extra cost. The 30-day money-back guarantee allows LifeStation customers to try the system risk-free, though customers must pay for return shipping.

LifeStation medical alert systems

Seniors who live alone or with other seniors but would like to remain in their homes longer might choose LifeStation medical alert system for added security. Those with mobility issues can also benefit from LifeStation medical alarm service.

• In-Home Traditional: In-Home Traditional service from LifeStation includes an emergency console and a wearable button (choice of pendant or wristband) with 24/7 care center monitoring. Pricing begins at $25.95 per month for a landline connection. Contact the company for pricing with cellular service.
  • In-Home Plus: In-Home Plus provides a wearable button and emergency console for customers without a landline.
  • Mobile with GPS: LifeStation’s enhanced location service with GPS helps identify your location if you experience an emergency away from home.
  • Fall detection: A wearable device with fall detection technology automatically notifies LifeStation operators if it senses a fall has occurred, even if the wearer is unable to push the button.

LifeStation equipment

All LifeStation equipment is UL listed and FCC approved. LifeStation medical alert devices are tested before shipped to customers, and faulty equipment will be replaced with no charge to the consumer.

• Two-way communication console: The emergency console plugs into an outlet in your home and connects to the phone line (or cell service). When you push the help button, the emergency console contacts the care center and activates two-way voice communication. The console has 32-hour back-up batteries in case of a power outage.
  • Medical alert pendant: The medical alert pendant is a small, waterproof device with a button worn around the neck. When you press the button, it sends a signal to your in-home emergency console and contacts the care center.
  • Medical alert wall button: If the LifeStation member pushes the wall-mounted button, it sends a signal to the emergency console to contact the care center and enable two-way voice communication.
  • Bathroom/hallway help button: Extra help buttons can be mounted low to the ground in bathrooms, hallways and bedrooms for easy access. Price for one button is $3.49 per month but drops to $2.99 each for three and $2.49 for six buttons. Help buttons are waterproof and come with adhesive for mounting.
  • Lockbox: In the event you cannot answer the door for medical responders and caregivers, they will get a code for a lockbox outside of the home for $2.99 per month

LifeStation caregiver tools

LifeStation includes AlertMessage service that notifies loved ones or caregivers in case of an emergency. In the event the LifeStation subscriber pushes the button, an email will automatically be sent to the caregivers listed on the contact list. This allows family members to immediately know if there is an issue.

The Lock Box option allows caregivers and emergency personnel to have access to the home if the subscriber is unable to answer the door.

The console will also contact the care center to trigger an automatic email to caregivers if back-up batteries are low or the signal has been disconnected (i.e., unplugged from an electrical outlet or phone jack). When the user tests the console, it also sends an email to those on the contact list.

LifeStation pricing

LifeStation costs begin at $25.95 per month for subscribers who pay up front for the whole year (total $311.40). Paid quarterly, the monthly price comes to $27.95 ($111.80 per payment or $335.40 for a year). Subscribers who make monthly payments pay $29.95 per month ($359.40 for a year).

Payments include equipment rental and 24/7 monitoring service. Monitoring for an additional user in the same household costs $3.99 per month. One Bathroom/Hallway Help Button costs $3.49 to add on, but the price per button drops as you order more, with a total of six buttons costing $2.49 each. The Lock Box costs $2.99 per month. Optional service add-ons, including fall detection and mobile service with GPS, are available for an additional fee.

LifeStation Reviews

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My husband passed away in January and being out here alone, the kids thought that I should have a medical alert device. I got the LifeStation last April of 2018 and in the beginning, I was wearing it at night. But I was having trouble with it around my neck, so my son fixed it for my wrist. I wore it during the night again but one morning, I must have rolled on it and it woke me up at about 8:00 o’clock. I answered the phone and it was their rep who said that my alarm had gone off.

Then one time, when I was outside pulling weeds, it went off. But there was nothing around except weeds and I couldn't have hit it against anything. I can’t even imagine how it would have gone off while I was just in the yard pulling weeds. My son even called an ambulance because the device couldn't get me. I was too far away and I didn't hear the phone in the house. In the end, I called 911 and they were just getting ready to send somebody. So at least nobody came out. But everything went the way it should. At another time, I hit the device on the washer when it was on the bar in my kitchen. So it seems to go off easily and I felt bad because my kids were being notified and they’d be calling. I was getting tired of it but they said that at least they know that the LifeStation works. The last month has been okay though because I haven’t been wearing it. I have it in my walker bag and that's with me all the time. Then I just put it on my nightstand at night.

Other than that, everybody at LifeStation has been very nice. The people that answered and asked if I needed help were super and everything went the way it should. My neighbor across the street who’s older than me also had a LifeStation before me and when he was having a heart attack, the device was wonderful for him. He called then they sent an ambulance out right away and everything was fine. So if somebody wants the service, I would recommend it. Plus, the LifeStation makes my kids feel better, so I keep it.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Kaiser provided some information like support systems and LifeStation was one of them. We purchased it for my mom and it’s been great just being able to know that she has that with her and that if anything comes up, she has access to help. My mom stays with me but there are times when I have to leave and I’m not with her 24/7. She has been falling periodically and we were concerned that if she fell and nobody was around, she couldn’t get to the phone. So, we looked into something where she could feel safer and more at ease. I always tell her to wear the necklace and have her phone on her at all times. If for some reason, I am not able to get to her within a reasonable amount of time, she could get the help that she needs. So, that takes off quite a bit of load and concern.

My mother has the device on her and she might be leaning up against the counter or a table and set it off. Myself, my daughter and another friend would all be immediately alerted and right away, they would call my mom. The device that we had before was more designated for her home but as she has gotten older, I’m having her stay with me until we figure things out. The one that we have now is great because it allows her to go anywhere. So, she can use it at both at my house and hers. I like that feature on that particular kind of alert system so, that’s the one that I would recommend unless somebody is bound to their home, but this makes it a lot easier.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I appreciate the LifeStation team who has been most polite whenever I speak with them. I had an experience where they called me at 3 o’clock in the morning wanting to know about my emergency. I was then sound asleep so I told them that the life alert was in its cradle and I don’t know why it was calling me. LifeStation called me back three minutes later asking again how they could help me. At 3 in the morning, that wouldn’t make me happy. So, I looked for the device. It wasn’t in the cradle and I didn’t find it where I thought it might be. I was talking to the LifeStation rep the whole time that I was looking for it. I was upset. I told him that I couldn’t find it, and I asked if they would keep calling. He said that on the third time, they would just call an emergency vehicle. But then he said he would leave a note that I was alright.

Then the next morning, I went to the front door. I have a table by the entryway and there was my life alert. And so, I figured it out that my husband, who has dementia, wanders during the night sometimes because he hears music that’s not there. And he walks all over the house trying to turn it off. Apparently, he saw the light that was on when it was charging. Then he picked it up, trying to turn off the music that was not there. He must have left it on that table as he walked through the house. I was grateful the LifeStation team didn’t come knocking down my door.

I really don’t wear my life alert as much as I should. I only weigh 85 pounds and the device weighs me down. If it weren’t so heavy, I would wear it. Also, for a long time, I was disappointed because it would go off for no reason when all I had done was put it gently on the bed. But that hasn’t happened lately. I would recommend LifeStation.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My Aunt Sally had fallen down her upstairs steps and couldn’t get up. Luckily, a niece of hers was going to her house to pick her up to go somewhere, so when she couldn’t get a hold of her, she knew something was wrong. In the end, they got in the house and took Aunt Sally to the hospital for a few days. Then she went to rehab and we decided that she needed a medical alert device when she went home. She didn’t break anything but she was beat up pretty good. So, she got the LifeStation and so far, she is happy with it. She wears it when she’s at home and she has it right by her bed at night so that if she needs it, it’s right there. But when she goes out, she's with somebody and she doesn’t wear it unless she forgets to take it off.

Several times, she accidentally pressed the button and LifeStation's reps called us. We went down and they called the EMTs who also went there on three occasions, but they were all false alarms. Aunt Sally either rolled over on the device in bed or bumped it. It’s very sensitive because one time she had no clue that she’d done it. She was fixing her dinner and she must’ve had it around her neck and she must’ve bumped it. So at the time, she was sitting on her chair and eating, then the ambulance and all these people came.

All those times, LifeStation's reps were very quick at calling us and getting the EMTs there. One time, when we got down there and everything was okay, my husband called LifeStation right away and they canceled the EMTs, but there were local volunteer fire department people who came anyway because they like to check things out just to make sure. All in all, LifeStation is worth every penny because even though those were false alarms, they were there. They called us, we were there, and the device works really well.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I took over a patient's care from her son. She had fallen once and luckily, she had fallen, hit her face and called me. So I took her into the Emergency Room. She was fine but she was 93 and living alone in an apartment where she would have to call 911. Because I live about 10 miles away from her, I felt that she needed a device to be safe. I did some research and I thought that LifeStation was reasonable and that it covered everything that I felt that she needed. I certainly felt better with her having the device. Every time she pushed it, we got a response and I like the response that we got so quickly. We actually had the police call her one time because she didn’t realize she had set it off and she didn’t answer her phone. It was very reassuring for me that somebody would get to her.

But at the same time, I had a little frustration with the fact that she wouldn’t wear it all the time and she would forget to put it on. She has the neck one and she would wear it at home. But it was a little too sensitive. She put it down a couple of times and it went off saying that she’s fallen just by putting it down. So she felt uncomfortable that in wearing it, she was gonna set it off. No matter how much I told her that it was okay and it was good that they would answer, she felt like she was bothering them. Nonetheless, it’s a good program. I’ve actually fallen a couple of times and my husband’s out of town a lot so I thought that maybe I should get one for myself too. I've recommended LifeStation as well. My interactions with the people there were very good too. They were very helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The LifeStation team is amazing! Every person I spoke to from the initial call through shipping, setup & testing were so helpful and patient. I installed this system to give my parents peace of mind when they are alone. The LifeStation team is available 24/7, and this gives my whole family the confidence to know if there is a need, any need, someone is always going to be there to help.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The concept of more-or-less instant response in case of a fall is a good one--but setting up my home system proved quite the circus. First machine they sent died after only two days, and it took some searching, after I got the replacement, to find a suitable power outlet that was also convenient to a phone jack.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Customer service people were nice but we discussed putting in a reservation that I would confirm on Monday. I called back to advise that this was not the system my mom wants and to cancel the reservation hold. They told me they had already processed the order and it's Monday!!! I am now on the phone trying to get to a supervisor to cancel the order. The person today was trying to say I could just mail it back, isn't that nice!!! The supervisor apologized but now my mom will have to watch for the package, write return to sender and my credit card was charged today so I will get my refund once they receive it back. VERY bad process in they tell you it's a hold when it really isn't and then processed the order without my permission. Would not give them any business since they are not trustworthy!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I have dealt with 3 different companies. This is the only one that I would ever ever stay with. They were fair and honest. With the others, everyone told me something different every time I called. They billed my credit card before the time was up to cancel. They wanted to charge me for the whole year if my loved one died before the year was up (even if they died the day after I ordered). Their contracts contradicted themselves. I mailed the system back with a letter and they said they received the system and not the letter. They mailed the wrong system, etc., etc., etc. Life Station was very honest and fair. The industry as a whole should be looked into. This company was the only reasonable and fair one that I found.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was a subscriber to Great Call before their recall of my device. Not offering a suitable alternative, I went searching for something else. I was glad I found Life Station. I was impressed by the weight of the pendant (one of the downsides to Great Call) and so far I am very pleased with the dealings with Customer Service in activating my device and the prompt response time after hitting the button. The one thing I would change would be to have a user friendly app so my husband can locate me quicker. That was a feature he liked with Great Call that was available.

LifeStation FAQ

How does a LifeStation alert system work?
The LifeStation medical alert system consists of an emergency console and a wearable help button. The console plugs into an electrical outlet and a landline (or connects to cellular service). The user wears the help button as a wristband or pendant.

When the wearer pushes the button on the LifeStation base unit, it enables two-way voice communication with a care specialist. The operator will ask the wearer about their emergency, and determine if medical services should be dispatched. If the wearer is unable to respond, the operator will follow the personalized emergency plan that you make when you sign up for service. Either way, the care specialist stays on the line until help arrives. An automatic email notification is also sent to the caregivers on the wearer’s contact list.

What is LifeStation’s average response time?
LifeStation’s average response time is 20 seconds.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a LifeStation medical alert system?
Yes, LifeStation requires subscribers to sign a monitoring agreement. Service is provided on a month-to-month basis.
What is LifeStation’s cancellation policy?
If you don't like the LifeStation medical alert device, you can return it through LifeFone customer service — be sure to save the shipment box for easy returns.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to LifeStation monitoring service?
Adding a spouse to LifeStation monitoring service costs $3.99 per month.
Where are LifeStation monitoring centers located?
LifeStation monitoring centers are located in the United States.
Does LifeStation offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
LifeStation is responsible for replacing any faulty equipment, including batteries, at no extra cost. However, the LifeStation button is extremely durable and can withstand a normal fall.
Does LifeStation offer a free trial period?
LifeStation offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and the customer pays for return shipping.
Do LifeStation medical alarm systems require a landline?
LifeStation In-Home Traditional works with a landline. In-Home Plus systems are designed for customers without a landline.
Are LifeStation mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
LifeStation wearable buttons and wristbands are waterproof. The emergency console is not waterproof.

Do we recommend LifeStation?

Yes. Monitoring service, along with the LifeStation personal emergency plan, gives family and caregivers peace of mind that their loved ones have access to help. In an emergency, a certified care specialist answers the call when the help button is pushed. Although fall detection does not detect 100% of falls, it’s an added layer of protection. The system works anywhere in the U.S. and you can take it with you if you move.

LifeStation Company Information