4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, which is unprecedented in their industry.

Contact them today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $20 a month! Their representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

LifeStation claims the fastest response times. Optional fall detection is available, but they lack other services like smoke monitoring. The caregiver service notifies family and loved ones in the event of an emergency.

PROS

• No long-term contracts
  • Fall detection technology
  • 24/7 support

CONS

• No activity monitoring

Top LifeStation Reviews

I've had a stroke and although I can manage on my own, I'm always afraid of what would happen if I fell and I couldn't get up, or if my heart started acting up... So, it's nice to know the LifeStation is here if I need it and I wish it would work when I'm away from it. I've recommended it to someone else.

I recently switched to LifeStation because LifeStation's infrastructure is more flexible, allowing an unlimited number of people on the emergency call list, setting up emergency instructions the way you'd like them to be handled, and not forcing you to receive unsolicited calls from the company.

About LifeStation

LifeStation offers a push-button medical emergency response at home or on-the-go thanks to GPS monitoring. LifeStation can provide fall detection technology, and their wearable help buttons are waterproof. Plus, the LifeStation lockbox helps ease logistics in case the user cannot answer the door due to an emergency.

LifeStation service can move with you in the event you relocate and repair or replace both equipment and batteries at no extra cost. The 30-day money-back guarantee allows LifeStation customers to try the system risk-free, though customers must pay for return shipping.

LifeStation medical alert systems

Seniors who live alone or with other seniors but would like to remain in their homes longer might choose LifeStation medical alert system for added security. Those with mobility issues can also benefit from LifeStation medical alarm service.

• In-Home Traditional: In-Home Traditional service from LifeStation includes an emergency console and a wearable button (choice of pendant or wristband) with 24/7 care center monitoring. Pricing begins at $25.95 per month for a landline connection. Contact the company for pricing with cellular service.
  • In-Home Plus: In-Home Plus provides a wearable button and emergency console for customers without a landline.
  • Mobile with GPS: LifeStation’s enhanced location service with GPS helps identify your location if you experience an emergency away from home.
  • Fall detection: A wearable device with fall detection technology automatically notifies LifeStation operators if it senses a fall has occurred, even if the wearer is unable to push the button.

LifeStation equipment

All LifeStation equipment is UL listed and FCC approved. LifeStation medical alert devices are tested before shipped to customers, and faulty equipment will be replaced with no charge to the consumer.

• Two-way communication console: The emergency console plugs into an outlet in your home and connects to the phone line (or cell service). When you push the help button, the emergency console contacts the care center and activates two-way voice communication. The console has 32-hour back-up batteries in case of a power outage.
  • Medical alert pendant: The medical alert pendant is a small, waterproof device with a button worn around the neck. When you press the button, it sends a signal to your in-home emergency console and contacts the care center.
  • Medical alert wall button: If the LifeStation member pushes the wall-mounted button, it sends a signal to the emergency console to contact the care center and enable two-way voice communication.
  • Bathroom/hallway help button: Extra help buttons can be mounted low to the ground in bathrooms, hallways and bedrooms for easy access. Price for one button is $3.49 per month but drops to $2.99 each for three and $2.49 for six buttons. Help buttons are waterproof and come with adhesive for mounting.
  • Lockbox: In the event you cannot answer the door for medical responders and caregivers, they will get a code for a lockbox outside of the home for $2.99 per month

LifeStation caregiver tools

LifeStation includes AlertMessage service that notifies loved ones or caregivers in case of an emergency. In the event the LifeStation subscriber pushes the button, an email will automatically be sent to the caregivers listed on the contact list. This allows family members to immediately know if there is an issue.

The Lock Box option allows caregivers and emergency personnel to have access to the home if the subscriber is unable to answer the door.

The console will also contact the care center to trigger an automatic email to caregivers if back-up batteries are low or the signal has been disconnected (i.e., unplugged from an electrical outlet or phone jack). When the user tests the console, it also sends an email to those on the contact list.

LifeStation pricing

LifeStation costs begin at $25.95 per month for subscribers who pay up front for the whole year (total $311.40). Paid quarterly, the monthly price comes to $27.95 ($111.80 per payment or $335.40 for a year). Subscribers who make monthly payments pay $29.95 per month ($359.40 for a year).

Payments include equipment rental and 24/7 monitoring service. Monitoring for an additional user in the same household costs $3.99 per month. One Bathroom/Hallway Help Button costs $3.49 to add on, but the price per button drops as you order more, with a total of six buttons costing $2.49 each. The Lock Box costs $2.99 per month. Optional service add-ons, including fall detection and mobile service with GPS, are available for an additional fee.

LifeStation Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

I recently switched my husband's medic alert system from another provider to LifeStation because LifeStation's infrastructure is more flexible, allowing an unlimited number of people on the emergency call list, setting up emergency instructions the way you'd like them to be handled, and not forcing you to receive unsolicited calls from the company. I learned about LifeStation from my insurance provider. Aetna offers a very good discount on the monthly service, and I was not charged for setup, shipping, or equipment. The in-home emergency call box is a GSM signal and has a range of approximately 500 feet, as opposed to WIFI's range of 35 feet.

I originally ordered the mobile GPS unit that would respond no matter where he was, but that option comes in necklace form only (no bracelet) and is several inches long. My husband is already wearing a Bluetooth device on a cord for his hearing aids to connect to his phone, plus he has an ICD (pacemaker and defibrillator) implanted, so he opted for the in-home unit. LifeStation Customer Service was very helpful in exchanging the mobile unit for the in-home unit. They sent a return label with the new unit. Setting up the in-home call box was easy. The call button comes as a very light necklace; to switch it to the wristband, you have to insert two pins to connect the wristband to the call button. My husband chose to wear the wristband. Switching the call button from the necklace to the wristband was the hardest part, but my husband said that all watches he's had work that way. He says the wristband is comfortable.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My husband passed away in January and being out here alone, the kids thought that I should have a medical alert device. I got the LifeStation last April of 2018 and in the beginning, I was wearing it at night. But I was having trouble with it around my neck, so my son fixed it for my wrist. I wore it during the night again but one morning, I must have rolled on it and it woke me up at about 8:00 o’clock. I answered the phone and it was their rep who said that my alarm had gone off.

Then one time, when I was outside pulling weeds, it went off. But there was nothing around except weeds and I couldn't have hit it against anything. I can’t even imagine how it would have gone off while I was just in the yard pulling weeds. My son even called an ambulance because the device couldn't get me. I was too far away and I didn't hear the phone in the house. In the end, I called 911 and they were just getting ready to send somebody. So at least nobody came out. But everything went the way it should. At another time, I hit the device on the washer when it was on the bar in my kitchen. So it seems to go off easily and I felt bad because my kids were being notified and they’d be calling. I was getting tired of it but they said that at least they know that the LifeStation works. The last month has been okay though because I haven’t been wearing it. I have it in my walker bag and that's with me all the time. Then I just put it on my nightstand at night.

Other than that, everybody at LifeStation has been very nice. The people that answered and asked if I needed help were super and everything went the way it should. My neighbor across the street who’s older than me also had a LifeStation before me and when he was having a heart attack, the device was wonderful for him. He called then they sent an ambulance out right away and everything was fine. So if somebody wants the service, I would recommend it. Plus, the LifeStation makes my kids feel better, so I keep it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I live by myself and my kids decided I needed a medical alert device. My youngest daughter did a bunch of researching and LifeStation was the best one that she'd seen, so that's what I have. Wearing the device is comfortable and I've gotten used to it. I have the device on at all times except in bed because I kept triggering it so I just have it next to my bed at night. Once in a while, I bump it and someone from LifeStation calls. But sometimes I just get the message to press the button if it's not an alert.

One time, I fell out of my driveway and I was confused as to why the device didn't go off. It was a hard fall and it should have set it off. But I was okay and I was able to get up. I also called them to make sure that the device showed that it was charged and working, Still, it struck me funny because I dropped it the other day when I was gonna charge it and it got triggered he device right away. It had also gone off several times when I had reasons for it. Once, I didn't really fall but I made a quick movement that I lost my balance and the device went off. Other than that, the professionalism of LifeStation's reps was great when I talked to them. And when I had a problem charging it, they sent me a new one out right away. I'm happy with their service.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Kaiser provided some information like support systems and LifeStation was one of them. We purchased it for my mom and it’s been great just being able to know that she has that with her and that if anything comes up, she has access to help. My mom stays with me but there are times when I have to leave and I’m not with her 24/7. She has been falling periodically and we were concerned that if she fell and nobody was around, she couldn’t get to the phone. So, we looked into something where she could feel safer and more at ease. I always tell her to wear the necklace and have her phone on her at all times. If for some reason, I am not able to get to her within a reasonable amount of time, she could get the help that she needs. So, that takes off quite a bit of load and concern.

My mother has the device on her and she might be leaning up against the counter or a table and set it off. Myself, my daughter and another friend would all be immediately alerted and right away, they would call my mom. The device that we had before was more designated for her home but as she has gotten older, I’m having her stay with me until we figure things out. The one that we have now is great because it allows her to go anywhere. So, she can use it at both at my house and hers. I like that feature on that particular kind of alert system so, that’s the one that I would recommend unless somebody is bound to their home, but this makes it a lot easier.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My mother is 87 years old and she is home by herself during the day when I’m at work. I needed a medical alert device for her and looked at a few different ones on the internet, made a couple of different calls, and chose the LifeStation service. When I called and got the device, everything went fine and my experience was very good. The LifeStation staff were very nice on the phone and explained everything to me that I needed to know. My mother wears the device around her neck and she has hit it several times accidentally. It just gets in the way once in a while when she’s bending over trying to wash her hair in the sink and that’s when it gets pressed. We had to adjust the cord length a couple of times to where she doesn’t press it accidentally as much.

When she does press it accidentally and she notifies LifeStation, they don’t send out a text or anything that says what happened. We have to call my mother or I have to rush home really quick from work if I can’t get her on the phone right away. It would be nice if LifeStation would put out a text saying, “Oh, this is an accidental test.” There are four of us on the call list and everybody is calling me. I have to leave from work and get back home to find out it was just a test or it was accidentally pushed. But, other than that, their response time was very good and quick. The device was also loud enough to where she could hear it, so that was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have no problem with the Life Station medical alert button, It works great. It is a peace of mind to have something like this. I even use it when I go out by myself. The button is a little touchy but it is easy to shut off before a representative comes on for your problem.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

When cancelling landline equipment (**) and ordering cell phone compatible equipment (**) at a different address, I discovered $25 monthly charge for a different landline equipment associated with ** because it had not been returned. It appears that the HHA in Lawrence, KS did not return this equipment in Feb 2018 when replaced by **. I was not charged for 2 base stations each month from Feb 2018 until I cancelled and returned the only base station and pendants I had. I was promised a $25 refund but waiting for that to happen and no future charges. Although cancelling landline and starting cell phone equipment at the same time wouldn't seem to be difficult, it took more than 2 loooong phone calls with several different service staff.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The LifeStation team is amazing! Every person I spoke to from the initial call through shipping, setup & testing were so helpful and patient. I installed this system to give my parents peace of mind when they are alone. The LifeStation team is available 24/7, and this gives my whole family the confidence to know if there is a need, any need, someone is always going to be there to help.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The concept of more-or-less instant response in case of a fall is a good one--but setting up my home system proved quite the circus. First machine they sent died after only two days, and it took some searching, after I got the replacement, to find a suitable power outlet that was also convenient to a phone jack.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Customer service people were nice but we discussed putting in a reservation that I would confirm on Monday. I called back to advise that this was not the system my mom wants and to cancel the reservation hold. They told me they had already processed the order and it's Monday!!! I am now on the phone trying to get to a supervisor to cancel the order. The person today was trying to say I could just mail it back, isn't that nice!!! The supervisor apologized but now my mom will have to watch for the package, write return to sender and my credit card was charged today so I will get my refund once they receive it back. VERY bad process in they tell you it's a hold when it really isn't and then processed the order without my permission. Would not give them any business since they are not trustworthy!!!

LifeStation FAQ

How does a LifeStation alert system work?
The LifeStation medical alert system consists of an emergency console and a wearable help button. The console plugs into an electrical outlet and a landline (or connects to cellular service). The user wears the help button as a wristband or pendant.

When the wearer pushes the button on the LifeStation base unit, it enables two-way voice communication with a care specialist. The operator will ask the wearer about their emergency, and determine if medical services should be dispatched. If the wearer is unable to respond, the operator will follow the personalized emergency plan that you make when you sign up for service. Either way, the care specialist stays on the line until help arrives. An automatic email notification is also sent to the caregivers on the wearer’s contact list.

What is LifeStation’s average response time?
LifeStation’s average response time is 20 seconds.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a LifeStation medical alert system?
Yes, LifeStation requires subscribers to sign a monitoring agreement. Service is provided on a month-to-month basis.
What is LifeStation’s cancellation policy?
If you don't like the LifeStation medical alert device, you can return it through LifeFone customer service — be sure to save the shipment box for easy returns.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to LifeStation monitoring service?
Adding a spouse to LifeStation monitoring service costs $3.99 per month.
Where are LifeStation monitoring centers located?
LifeStation monitoring centers are located in the United States.
Does LifeStation offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
LifeStation is responsible for replacing any faulty equipment, including batteries, at no extra cost. However, the LifeStation button is extremely durable and can withstand a normal fall.
Does LifeStation offer a free trial period?
LifeStation offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and the customer pays for return shipping.
Do LifeStation medical alarm systems require a landline?
LifeStation In-Home Traditional works with a landline. In-Home Plus systems are designed for customers without a landline.
Are LifeStation mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
LifeStation wearable buttons and wristbands are waterproof. The emergency console is not waterproof.

Do we recommend LifeStation?

Yes. Monitoring service, along with the LifeStation personal emergency plan, gives family and caregivers peace of mind that their loved ones have access to help. In an emergency, a certified care specialist answers the call when the help button is pushed. Although fall detection does not detect 100% of falls, it’s an added layer of protection. The system works anywhere in the U.S. and you can take it with you if you move.

LifeStation Company Information