Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 1,139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. It's our mission to ensure anyone looking for a medical alert device is well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. We are a leader in the industry with our 5-DAY BATTERY LIFE and 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any and all customers, offerings that are unprecedented in our industry.

Contact us today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $1 a day! Our representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1182 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 25, 2018

I try to wear my LifeStation life alert around my neck all the time. I've also been trying to test it once a month and it has been fine. The customer service was very nice and courteous. Their reps called me one time to double check and asked me to test it one more time which I did, and they seem to be contented with the results. I am also pretty much content with it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 25, 2018

I live at the Centerville Senior Lofts and LifeStation comes with the rent. I said I'd like to have one so the manager brought one down and my niece's husband hooked it up for me. Then, we tested it to make sure it works and the response was fine. As long as it's offered here, I would have the medical alert device just in case I needed it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I feel very safe that I have my LifeStation in case there'll be an emergency. Sometimes I push my button by mistake and I push the clear button and that takes care of it. And then one time, I pushed the button by mistake and I couldn't get to my machine before I cleared it. And the gentleman who came on was very nice and patient. He explained to me not to be upset because it does happen all the time.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I wear my LifeStation device all the time. I live by myself and do a little bit of work outside so my daughter wanted me to have one. She said just to smash the button and help would come. And it's comfortable to wear. I've got to feel and see where it is. I don't even realize it's there anymore. I'm pleased with Lively Mobile. It gives me peace of mind. If I fall and can't get up outdoors or in the house it really helps.

Original review: June 23, 2018

There are a lot of break-ins in my neighborhood plus I have high blood pressure and so I signed with LifeStation. Since then, the portable LifeStation has been very good. I go anywhere with it and people don't even notice I'm wearing it. Once I used the button when I was having a breathing problem and their team responded within five minutes. Their service is fast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: June 22, 2018

I fell one time and the nurse who goes to our church suggested that I get a medical alert which I did. I have a LifeStation device for outside and one for the house. So, it’s to make me feel good to know that if I need it, it’s right here. I have it on all the time and I sleep with it, too. When I got the bracelet, my brother put it on a wristwatch because what they sent was no good. I couldn’t put the little metal into the little hole. Other than that, LifeStation was very helpful if I had any questions about the system itself and I recommend it highly.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I've had my LifeStation button for about six months. However, recently I pushed the button and it's not working. Once I had charged it and when I tried to check to see if working it didn't do anything. It doesn't even light up. Still, their team typically responds right away whenever I push the button.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The person under my care has stage four lung cancer that has spread on her brain. She also has it in between her shoulder blades and her spine. The doctors found cancer in her bones as well. LifeStation was recommended by the caregiver program that she had been assigned to. They said that we could go ahead and choose whichever brand we wanted and we took the one that they recommended. Since getting the LifeStation for her, it has helped when I'm out of the house because if it goes off, I'm notified so that I can get back as quickly as possible. Also, we’ve transferred it several different times and relocated the LifeStation for better service inside the house. Apparently, it’s the same kind of system as her phone and it doesn't work well if there's a thin roof attached right above the window so we had to move the LifeStation to the back of the house.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Having my LifeStation device makes me feel safe and secure that if something happens, someone would be here to help me. And since I live alone, I need that security. I accidentally hit the button once and the guys over at LifeStation were on the phone right then. And it's wonderful how fast they responded to me. The guy asked me a few things and I told him I hit the button by mistake. It's so sensitive too so I have to really watch how I do stuff. And I don't take it off when I'm here alone. When my son or my granddaughter spends the night here, I’ll take it off because they can hit the button. I probably shouldn't take it off, but I need a break from it every now and then.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I’ve fallen and I couldn’t get up so I bought a LifeStation several months ago. I wear it on my wrist and it’s comforting to have it around. However, I was in the hospital for four months and I finally got home on June 11th. I called them because I haven’t been able to use it. And after speaking and escalating the issue, they gave me one month credit because I haven’t registered. I did not like that. I didn’t use it is different from I didn’t want to use it, so I wasn’t happy for that part. Other than that, I knocked the device over last night and their representative called me and my son, and they all did a good job.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I’m 76 years old and I just had a hip replacement done in January. I was up in Connecticut for three and a half months; my daughter lives there and she works at a rehab place so that’s where I went after I had my surgery done. Then I came to her place and stayed for a couple of months, and they wanted me to get the LifeStation because I’m by myself. When I got it, I had to call in the same day as I didn’t know how to do it and my daughter didn’t know as well. So we called LifeStation and they just said, “As soon as you charge it up, then it’s ready to go.”

Since then, I've been doing testing on it and I get a response right away. They would say, “Charolete, are you okay?” and then I'd tell them I’m just checking in. Usually, the LifeStation works terrific and does its job, but right now, it’s not. Yesterday I put it on charge because the little red button started blinking. I’ve had it all night long and this morning I had it on but it’s not working. I still have it going on charge and the button is still red. It usually has a little blue dot and it blinks, and it hasn't been doing that.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My husband died and I was alone at 76 with a few things health-wise, it was something that my children were so concerned about. Last year, I was out in New York and had a very bad fall coming out of the theater. I ended up in the hospital for a week and then rehab. My children were upset. So, having an alert system was a pre-requisite for me coming home. They said, "Mom, you have to have the alert system. You gotta have this on your neck." The first day we set my LifeStation up, my daughter must have hit the button to see if it was working and their reps came on immediately. My daughter said, "No, nothing's wrong. We're setting it up."

I feel more secure that I know I have my LifeStation on and that if anything happens I can just push a button. I'm happy I have something that puts my children at ease. LifeStation makes the people who care about you feel more secure that you're okay, that you're not gonna be laying somewhere and not being able to get to a phone or something. I have already recommended it to a friend.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I live alone and I feel more secure with the LifeStation. Although at first, they couldn’t connect to the life box and had to call me on my phone. But after they got the kinks out, everything has been fine. When I pushed the button, someone came on the line and I didn’t have to wait. Their response time was excellent and LifeStation is good and very helpful.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I've been seriously ill and been going to the hospital a lot within the past two years. A guy came to set the medical alert device up for me which didn't take a long time and he did his job thoroughly. I told people that I have one and that it's convenient. It is also comfortable to wear. Having the LifeStation gives me a sense of security knowing that I’m able to push a button and get help faster than calling 911.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It's very important for me to have a medical alert device because I live alone, I'm disabled and I also have a problem with my heart. I had another company, but it wasn’t that good so I changed it. I've got LifeStation in my home and their team members are very good and professional. They have described everything for me. I feel secure having LifeStation. There are old and sick people in the building that I live in and I will definitely tell them about it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I'm happy with LifeStation. My mother is a very elderly person and she's been in and out of the hospital. She gets very dizzy. All the time she has vertigo. So I thought that would be something good because she only has me and I work. So I needed to feel some kind of protection for her. The times that she has gotten sick, her home attendant had been there, but the attendant is not there all the time. I feel more secure since she had LifeStation. I worry less and feel better being at work.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had an emergency a month or so before I decided that I needed the LifeStation device. I fell one night and I couldn't get up but I wasn't hurt. It was around past the night trying to get up. So finally, I decided to sleep in front of the couch, but I couldn't get on it. So the next day, when my neighbors came over, they called an ambulance. They said that I had a TIA and it was not a good time for me. But I'm having good experiences with the LifeStation and I'm not falling much anymore. I've accidentally pressed the button and they've responded to me many times when I was awake. They were quick to respond and anytime they call me back it was right away after they thought something was happening.

I got tired of having mistakes all the time and something accidentally happens. One morning, at about 4:00 o'clock, I got up and went to the bathroom and I sort of fell on the toilet. I got a call from a lady saying that there could be an incident of falling. But I told her that there was no accident and that I was in bed now. I wondered why I got a call from LifeStation and then I realized later that I sat down kinda hard and jarred my pendant.

But I'm concerned about one thing. I believe the shower makes the cord stretch and I can't keep it shorten off. I thought it would shrink but I'm wearing that weight thing in on it all the time and the cord keeps getting longer. But other than that, I'm trying to feel more confident having the LifeStation because once a person has fallen as much as I have in the past, they just don't have confidence. So I walk around touching furniture. And when I wanna hurry to get from one room to another, I use my walker and kinda run.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My legs and knees go out on me sometimes and I have lung problems where I have trouble breathing. I use a CPAP machine. I'm connected with Senior Connections and they're the ones that set up the services that I'm getting and LifeStation have been helpful. The button is sensitive though. It goes off and I'm not even aware that I have pushed it accidentally so I don't wear it as much, especially when I'm at home. When I go out, I try to remember to wear it. I like to walk and sometimes I'll go outside and I feel safer because I have it on and I know that if anything should happen, I got a way of making contact right away. Try LifeStation. It’s a means of help and it gives you more confidence.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I'm confined to bed and wheelchair by disabilities and might need help quickly at some point. I had a Life Alert system buying out with another company and apparently, LifeStation took over the operation, so I was called and told I was getting their equipment. It's much easier to accidentally set off than the old unit was and I usually bump into the unit when I'm in bed and asleep, but at least I know it works. And LifeStation's response has been within 30 seconds. They're pleasant and understanding when I tell them that it's another accidental set off, so they're always good. They're courteous and friendly, too.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I'm 81 years old, I’m by myself and I got sickly, so my daughter signed me up with LifeStation. We’ve tested the button and the emergency response was good. I recommend this company.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I called to get price info only! The salesperson forced me to give my credit card info to hold my price! Then sent me the product without my consent! Then as I’m trying to get this sent back, was charged for some box I didn’t even have! They did give me my money back for everything! But even though I was told to ship it back, knowing it had been opened of course it wasn’t allowed. So after my messages were left, so I could get a shipping label sent to me to ship back... got nothing! No phone call or shipping label to mail back! Ended up having to ship back at my cost, something I didn’t even order! Not a good way to get a customer!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I'm sickly and my mom is sick. At the time, my mom was in a nursing care facility and I knew I needed to be able to contact someone in case I couldn't get to the phone. So, I decided to get a medical alert device. I called LifeStation and a lady named Christina whom I talked to was very helpful. She guided me through the whole experience.

However, my phone would not work with any system. I don't have a landline phone, and the landline phone that I did have is connected to my cellphone. So neither your one nor the other two would work with my cellphone. LifeStation's reps tried everything they possibly could, but it just would not work. Now my friend, on the other hand, has the same cellular phone that I have and hers works perfectly, but it didn't come from LifeStation.

Also, I called LifeStation at an off time and I didn't know that was the case. The person who responded said that I was going to have to call back during regular hours. I told that person that I didn't know what department I was calling but then that rep was still not pleasant to talk with. Still, the other reps I've experienced were extremely good.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My mom's had a stroke and she can’t verbally talk. She’s got really bad brain damage from her injury. But I would think that she would be able to mash the button and the it does let me see it work with me letting her have some independence. We leave her alone for about three hours in the afternoon, which is really good for her mental state because she feels independent. We’ve had the LifeStation gadget for about two months, and so far it’s worked as well as to be expected. When we tested it, the response came in 30 seconds to a minute from the time the button was mashed to when her phone rang, and that is good. I like the little text message that I get whenever the thing goes off as well. There’s a record of all of the times we’ve used it and they can trace the text then get all the time periods.

She’s accidentally mashed the button three times and she didn't even know it one time. She had it around her neck when she was asleep and mashed the button. It was 3:00 o’clock in the morning and the alarm went off and woke us up. I went and checked on her and the LifeStation people were very polite. The little gadget came on a wristband. But they said that it can be used for a necklace or a wristband so I rigged it up to where it would work on a necklace. But as for the mounting apparatus from the button itself with hooking it up on a string to put around her neck, the design could be a little bit better. It works but I think that’s why we’re getting false alarms. If it had some kind of a loop on it, like a pendant necklace with a chained up loop or top loop, something along those lines would make it a lot easier to wear without mashing it. Nonetheless, they’ve done real good so far.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My daughter-in-law who lives in Lubbock wanted someone close by if I got hurt, so I got a medical alert device. I've had my LifeStation device for not even a month and its help button has been accidentally hit. One time, my little grandson pushed the button and asked me what it was, and LifeStation responded quickly. Other than that, I've got a bracelet for my alert device, but I should have gotten the necklace instead because little kids come up and ask about the help button, and they punch it, but I don’t know if I could trade off my bracelet for a necklace. I'd like to take my bracelet off and give it to LifeStation or have one of my grandkids get it.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I’m alone in my apartment and my care manager from my insurance, Vericare, got a LifeStation for me. And when we tested it, they told me what to do, like putting it around my neck when I'm home. They also told me where to press it. We tried that and it works fine. So far, I'm very satisfied with my LifeStation. However, I could not use it when I'm out.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I’m too swept off my feet now. I’ve fallen a couple of times. I've been using LifeStation for three months now. I wear the button in the house and it's comfortable to wear. I've tested the button a couple of times and their response was pretty quick. However, I became a bit sick of the billing situation. I get a bill here every month and I make a payment, but it’s not showing up. I’ve got it on the computer and it shows that they’ve deposited the check, but the balance is still showing $189 and it isn’t reducing. There’s been at least three bills now but they keep trying to make out that I was supposed to pay the whole balance at the beginning. Other than that, the product’s good.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I'm 77 years old and I have a stumbling problem. I have macular degeneration and I don't see well so if I step in a hole especially when I'm out in the yard, I could fall so I got a medical alert service and LifeStation was the one chosen for me. The last time that I tested the device was two months ago and it didn't take long for LifeStation to respond to me. The people I spoke with during testing were very nice. Having a medical alert service makes me comfortable about walking around. Plus, it's good that I can wear my LifeStation device in the shower as that is one place I could fall. Sometimes I wear it on my wrist but I don't wear the necklace if I'm bending over since it can make you think you're falling.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I had an epileptic seizure sometime at night one time and did not know anything about it. I was taken to the hospital and my doctor was called the next morning. Upon his advice, I was taken to the ER where they started running a test. While I was in the hospital, I had another seizure and again knew nothing about it. The kids thought I needed a medical alert device because I live by myself and I have a dog that I take out walking a couple of times a day. They didn’t want me out walking around. I’m living in a new place and they were afraid that I might get out somewhere and fall where no one knew me, so my oldest son ordered the LifeStation for me.

One day, I had just bent over to tie my shoe and a rep said he detected a fall. I was told to punch the button to disengage the device. I am wearing it faithfully because my kids told me to. I’m comfortable with it, although it’s irritating to have to wear it. It’s a vanity-type thing and it is one that has the GPS, so I have to wear it around my neck. The device needs to be recharged every evening. So, every night before I go to bed, I’d take it off and put it on the charger. So, if I should get up at night, which people my age do at least once or twice every night, those are the times that I'm most likely to fall. However, it’s on the charger, so I’m wondering about the feasibility of wearing it. Still, I feel safer with it when I’m walking around outside.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My daughter ordered and got me this LifeStation device. I fell a few times before having the LifeStation and I've always managed to get up but it was a struggle. My legs gave out on me and they froze up. Since I'm 86 years old, something's bound to happen. I leave the device by the head of the bed where I can reach out. I also wear it around my neck and it could fit on my arm too. One time, I accidentally pressed the button and it took them about five minutes to respond. I recommended LifeStation to friends because they work perfectly. It makes me feel better.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had a hip replacement so I was falling and I had to end up living in a ranch style home because it was unsteady and unbalanced. So, I decided to get a medical alert device. LifeStation's customer service reps were well-informed. I thought that LifeStation would have more of the records that I'd sent it. The LifeStation equipment is better compared to the medical device that I used to have. But technology doesn't make everything. As far as security, I knew that I could push the button and somebody would be there. But then again, that was another problem. It was like wearing a telephone or a cell phone around my neck.

LifeStation expert review by Shelley Webb

For over 30 years, LifeStation has been providing medical alert systems and peace of mind to senior citizens. It is a family-owned company that keeps plans affordable and flexible to fit your needs. LifeStation stands behinds its product with a 30-day money back guarantee.

• 30-day money back guarantee: You can try LifeStation for 30 days to see if it’s right for you. If you’re not satisfied, you can get your money back.

• They have in-house operators: LifeStation In the event of an emergency, the system dials straight to Lifestation’s operators instead of third-party call centers. This feature makes sure you get the attention you need.

• Operator training: To help ensure their customers’ safety, LifeStation sends all operators to a six-week training course designed to improve their handling of remote emergency situations.

• Long battery life: LifeStation’s mobile/GPS device can last up to five days without a charge. Rest assured that your system will still work even if you forget to charge it overnight.

• Two agents for every emergency: If the operator determines that an ambulance or other emergency service is needed, one agent stays on the line with the customer while another agent makes the call. This agent helps you stay calm and gives instruction.

• Available add-ons: Additional stationary wearable button are available with a monthly service fee. You can place extra alert buttons in areas like bathrooms and bedrooms where accidents are more likely to occur.

• Best for: seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
Is LifeStation UL Listed?
Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
What other certifications does LifeStation have?
Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
What are your customer service hours?
You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
How much does your service cost?
Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
Is there a long-term contract with this service?
No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
Are there any installation fees?
Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
What are my billing options and payment methods?
You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
How does LifeStation measure success?
LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information