Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 1,115 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. It's our mission to ensure anyone looking for a medical alert device is well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. We are a leader in the industry with our 5-DAY BATTERY LIFE and 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any and all customers, offerings that are unprecedented in our industry.

Contact us today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $1 a day! Our representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1257 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My mother-in-law, who lives with me, gets sick every now and then. She has diabetes and arthritis, and problems with her legs. All these may have made her decide to get a medical alert service. Somebody recommended LifeStation to her and she has been with them for a couple of months. She hangs the medical alert device on her neck like a necklace and puts it right next to her bed at night. She is more confident now that she has that support.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I'm 74, I live alone and I have a lot of health problems. It's good for me to have a medical alert device. Tana was the one who told me about LifeStation. She was concerned that I had to have them. She's a very nice person. If something happens at night, all I would do is push the button on that wrist thing that I wear.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've had a couple of falls and the kids said I needed a LifeStation. I had a little trouble getting used to it because it comes exactly on my body where both of my tables are. I hit it on both of my tables and I had to apologize for that. I really felt bad about it. However, the last time I talked to somebody, I was left hanging and I didn’t know if I was through or not. I don’t know how to tell if the LifeStation is working. Still, I wear it all the time and right now, there’s a blue light flashing. This is a little phone so evidently, the blue means a phone receiver.

Also, I don’t like that the LifeStation is heavy. If I had my druthers, I would turn it back in and try another medical alert device but I don’t know if I can find another one that’s lightweight and has the part where I can go to the mailbox and the device still works. I hope that’s what I have because I am in the process of letting my cell phone go. I’m not really 100% satisfied with the LifeStation, but I can’t just do without it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

There are two of us using alert devices, so I had to get another one. I got an alert device from LifeStation, but I'm having trouble in trying to get it charged.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I feel safer having my LifeStation device. If I have an emergency in the middle of the night, if I can't breathe or something's happening or if somebody's trying to break in, I sleep better and I have that peace of mind and security. Also, it is great as I get older and have more problems with not being able to take care of myself as well as health issues. LifeStation has been good and the device is easy to push. Also, the LifeStation team responds right away whenever I test my device. They were very friendly and courteous. There were a couple of times when I accidentally hit the button and also, a little two-year-old came over and hit the button as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My mother-in-law was using a cane and we were afraid that she was gonna fall so we got her a medical alert device. The LifeStation reps were very professional. They checked the system out when they installed it and they went through how it works. They're supposed to check it out once a month to make sure it's working. My mother-in-law keeps the device in her pocket and being that we're out of the house part of the day, she's much more secure now that she has a way to communicate in case she gets injured.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I had an accident and I take medication for my leg. I also have osteoporosis. I got the little thing around my neck from LifeStation and I can call on an emergency. I will recommend it also to a friend if she needs it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was falling a lot but now with the LifeStation device I feel more secure. Their reps are also very good. The only thing I don’t like is I can't go outside and use it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I'm home alone but having the LifeStation device makes me feel better knowing I have some contact to the outside world. I have it as a wrist watch. I speak with LifeStation reps about once a month and they have been okay.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We got a medical alert device for my husband. During the last year of his life, he fell a lot here in the house. Then after he passed I really needed something, so the kids did not hesitate and they got this LifeStation device. It goes off randomly and I haven't fallen so I have to explain I didn't fall and I don't know what causes it to do that but we haven't really found it to be a big issue. I've had just good experiences with LifeStation. It's comforting to have that security that if I do fall, I have something to rely on to help me. Also, one of my kids gets a notification every time the device has accidentally gone off. I am satisfied with it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I'm a nurse taking care of Arnita, who's 92 years old, diabetic and has a heart condition. She has nurses only for four hours in the morning and four hours in the evening so she spends a lot of time alone at night, so we thought it was a great idea for her to have LifeStation. We test the system once a month and they respond on time. She used the device one time for an emergency, and they responded on time and got in. We only couldn’t figure out how the emergency department got into her apartment because they didn’t break the door down. We asked the landlord and they didn’t know either. Other than that, they have a great team. I'm more comfortable with the alert device being there. When I set it up for her, I placed my phone number so whenever she pushes the button it would alert me as well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The doctor said that I needed a LifeStation device in case I fall down 'cause I have artificial knees and screws in my back. I broke my back in three different places. So, my current condition can lead me to fall. I have the monitor on the wall as well as the watch-like band. It's comfortable and I even sleep with it. I press it when I have to call and check in once a month. Their response is fine. I feel very secure since having the LifeStation device. I like it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I fell once but I got up by myself. However, I sometimes think about what if I don’t get up and I can't. Sometimes I'm alone and that scared me. So I got the LifeStation medical alert device and it is good for me. Now, I'm a little less worried and more confident.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have terminal cancer and have had LifeStation for two months now. It's really neat knowing that it's available and it's around my neck. My husband is a little hard of hearing but I know that if I hit my button, LifeStation is on the other end of the phone and help would come if needed or somebody would get in touch with him on his phone. I was out shopping one time and banged it on the Walmart cart, and somebody asked if I was okay. I forgot that I had it on and it was nice knowing that somebody was aware of where I was. They also called yesterday as I was at the doctor's and my necklace hit the steering wheel. I had somebody asking if I was okay and if I needed any help. I said I was okay and that it was just the steering wheel, then they asked if it was okay if they reset me. I said that was fine and I thanked them for being there.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I had numerous medical conditions and I fall so I decided to get a LifeStation. I've had a medical alert before but LifeStation is better in terms of price. I wear it around my neck and I have an automatic fall detection. I've used it before but they were a little slow when they came on the speaker but not bad. I didn’t have to have anybody come over. They just asked me if I was okay. I would recommend LifeStation.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's and unfortunately some falls had resulted from that, so my family figured that getting a medical alert device was the best option to go with. LifeStation was the medical alert device provider that my insurance company decided to give me. I'm really glad that they chose this particular brand because it has been fantastic.

Also, my experience with the reps has been very good. When the button pushed itself, the response time of the LifeStation team was excellent, but my apology time to the people showing up was even better. So, besides a couple of glitches here and there, it's a phenomenal device and I'm really happy to have it. The device is a regular tan-whitish in color, but I'd love it if it's black as it would then be sleeker and cooler-looking. Other than that, I'm really a fan of this device. It's wonderful and the speaker is extremely loud. It's life-changing and it has made a difference since I can go around my house now without any fear.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I have been falling and I'm on oxygen so I got a LifeStation which I wear on my neck. Since then, I feel safer. In fact, I've had an emergency once and the rep came on the intercom in two minutes and stayed with me until the emergency team was here, who responded within 15-20 minutes which was good. My experience with LifeStation has been excellent. The people are so nice and caring as if I'd known them for years.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I insisted on staying here in Florida and not moving back to New York so my niece and nephew set my LifeStation up for me. I'm very secure with it. I always wear it around my neck, especially when I'm alone. I've been able to move around and do everything on my own, but I know that they're there in case I need help. Once, I leaned up against something and it went on. I was shocked when I heard a male voice asking if I was all right. I didn't realize it was the speaker on me. I explained to him that I was fine and that I pushed the button accidentally.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I had about four emergencies. I'm weak and I fall down all the time but I feel more secure since I've had LifeStation. It's good to have it at home. They respond right away. Their customer service reps were very nice.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I fell in the elevator one day but the LifeStation device didn't help me because it wouldn't work. The LifeStation rep told me the device only works in my apartment. A rep called me once because I accidentally hit the device and the customer service was fine.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My mother lives by herself in an apartment so she's alone most of the time. Her health is also not that good, so we thought that LifeStation would be a great device for her. Her care coordinator also recommended it. The device works well and I feel comfortable as her daughter that I know something like that is there. If anything happens, she can just press the button and the police would be there to help her out before we get there. When I was setting it up, I pressed the button just to experience if anybody would answer, and there was a person answering it right away and they were very nice and understanding.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I checked to make sure my LifeStation device was working. They were very polite and nice. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I'm 88, a little unsteady on my feet and alone since my husband died so I need to be able to get a hold of somebody if something happens to me. I tried a couple of medical alert device before I got LifeStation but they didn't work. They had me send it back and they sent me another one. I tried it and I kept having the same problem. I haven't had that problem with LifeStation. They had something that the others didn't have. They've been very accommodating and very nice. Whenever I test my LifeStation device, they were right there. I also asked them how come it takes so long from the time I pressed the button. I have to go through a couple of connections, but it hasn't been unreasonable.

When I first got it, I mentioned to the rep some of the things that I had problems with the others and we straightened it out before I ever had any problem with this. For instance, the other place told me to clean the back side of my device before I put it on the charger so I mentioned that to her and she said that was a good idea. When I tested the device my son said that he got a text notice at the same time that I made the test. LifeStation also bills automatically and they have always answered me right away.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I was alone two hours a day and since having my LifeStation device, it has made me aware I was alone. I would recommend it for anyone. When my granddaughter accidentally set the alarm off, they answered very quickly and they were able to help me.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I'm 78 years old and I have diabetes, which has affected parts of my body. I also have a problem falling down and driving. I had a stroke a few months ago and my daughter bought LifeStation for me. I wear the device around my neck and it's fine for me to wear it. I even wear it in the shower. I hit it accidentally one time and started the emergency, and it announced that there was an emergency call in progress which took about a minute. Then when the recording stopped, it took a few seconds for them to answer.

The first time I did that, my brother-in-law and my sister were visiting from Texas and I hit it about 7 o'clock in the morning. They had just driven in from a 24-hour drive and they got in about midnight and went to bed. At 7 o'clock in the morning, this thing starts yelling, "Emergency call in progress." They woke up and got out of bed like crazy. Now, LifeStation announces that there's a call in progress. Their reps are very nice. They call me by my first name even though they have no idea who I am. They're always very kind and they tell me they'll reset it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My knees are shot so it's extremely difficult for me to get up. I have fallen a couple of times right after I got a LifeStation device and their service was very good. Help got here quickly so I'm pleased with the product. I wear the device around my neck. I don't wear it when I'm sleeping but it's right next to where I sleep. LifeStation gives me peace of mind and I know I'm not gonna be lying on the ground for hours because somebody can help me up. I'm able to go about my day-to-day life without worrying about falling down.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

LifeStation has made a great change in my sense of security. I got it as I might fall down the stairs and having it is safer. There have been a couple of times where I accidentally used the button, but their team was fine. I had a good experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had a stroke about five years ago and I got the LifeStation device for peace of mind. I'm very active and I have a large acreage. I did not want to be in my property and not be able to get to my cell phone where I could easily get through a button. I got rid of it before and went to another kind that was much more high-tech. I could program it from my phone and set it on different levels of fall detection. I could also program a friend's phone number then call a friend and talk to him through the device. It was incredible. But I tested it where a person most commonly would fall, which is in the shower, and their device failed to do a good signal even though it utilized AT&T. LifeStation's device connected every time so I give this company kudos on that and I went back to this kind.

The model we have right now is very good for seniors. But I'm not a senior yet and for me, the button is too large. I wear it around my neck and I end up hitting it accidentally. So the simple solution for me was to turn it around backwards. The response is instantaneous though. I was actually very impressed. It caught me by surprise once because I didn't know I had set if off. I heard a voice and I didn't know where it was coming from. Then I realized I had it on. The representatives were also very friendly and overly helpful. They identified themselves and asked if there was anything wrong and if they could help me. They were very good actually.

The reception is great, and I'm sure the antenna and the battery are awesome. But the device is very low tech. This compared to the other devices is like comparing a walkie-talkie to a cell phone. It would be a great thing for me to be in more control of my device as far as more capabilities and functionalities. I'm not even 60 and I've worked with computers for 40 years. In a few years more people who are reaching 65 are gonna be able to use the internet like crazy. The device could really use some improvement.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a different company before and their services were good, but their price was terrible. They told me $39, but they charged $49. My granddaughter changed me to LifeStation and though I haven't had to use it, I'm glad it's here.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

If I have a heart attack, I'm supposed to push my LifeStation device button and it calls the ambulance right away. I'm satisfied with it. I like what this thing does.

LifeStation expert review by Shelley Webb

For over 30 years, LifeStation has been providing medical alert systems and peace of mind to senior citizens. It is a family-owned company that keeps plans affordable and flexible to fit your needs. LifeStation stands behinds its product with a 30-day money back guarantee.

• 30-day money back guarantee: You can try LifeStation for 30 days to see if it’s right for you. If you’re not satisfied, you can get your money back.

• They have in-house operators: LifeStation In the event of an emergency, the system dials straight to Lifestation’s operators instead of third-party call centers. This feature makes sure you get the attention you need.

• Operator training: To help ensure their customers’ safety, LifeStation sends all operators to a six-week training course designed to improve their handling of remote emergency situations.

• Long battery life: LifeStation’s mobile/GPS device can last up to five days without a charge. Rest assured that your system will still work even if you forget to charge it overnight.

• Two agents for every emergency: If the operator determines that an ambulance or other emergency service is needed, one agent stays on the line with the customer while another agent makes the call. This agent helps you stay calm and gives instruction.

• Available add-ons: Additional stationary wearable button are available with a monthly service fee. You can place extra alert buttons in areas like bathrooms and bedrooms where accidents are more likely to occur.

• Best for: seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
Is LifeStation UL Listed?
Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
What other certifications does LifeStation have?
Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
What are your customer service hours?
You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
How much does your service cost?
Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
Is there a long-term contract with this service?
No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
Are there any installation fees?
Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
What are my billing options and payment methods?
You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
How does LifeStation measure success?
LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information