toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

LifeStation

Thank you, Mary for your feedback. As discussed, we will be sending an additional Help Button to Louise for added protection. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. We look forward to continued, monitoring of service.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We like the idea of LifeStation. We have had some problems with it. Mom has lost her bracelet twice - not your fault. One consul had to be returned. I wished we could set it up without a landline. It has given us some comfort and it is good if clients keep bracelet on. Elderly often don't. Thanks.

LifeStation

Virginia, we’re glad you enjoy the LifeStation service. It is our goal to help seniors remain independent and give their families peace of mind. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have not had a experience to date. However, I am grateful to be connected with LifeStation. In 2016 I was in the hospital several times before my children insisted that I signed on with LifeStation.

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Carol. We send our condolences on the loss of your husband. We’re glad that LifeStation could get him help when needed, and that it could provide you with peace of mind.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My husband, Philip, died May 15. He fell numerous times and his assisted living center got your call and he was taken to the hospital every few months. I haven't had an incident myself, thank goodness.

LifeStation

Delores, thank you for taking the time to review us. We ensure that LifeStation has the fastest response time possible to better serve our customers and that our Monitoring Experts are always calm and courteous when you press your button for any reason.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Thank goodness I have not had to use your service but I am grateful I have it. On a couple of occasions I have tripped the alert and your response was prompt and courteous. Very understanding and patient with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I - fortunately - so far have not needed any assistance. I accidentally alerted you a few times by bending over while sitting down in a chair, and once by dropping the medical alert when I pulled off an apron over my head! Oh! I've also been reminded twice to re-charge my unit. I appreciate your conscientious watch. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

LifeStation

Hi Nancy, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re so proud of LifeStation’s fast response time and our friendly Customer Service Experts ensure your calls are always answered promptly and courteously.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Have not had to use in an emergency. Have hit the button by mistake, and felt comfortable that the call was answered quickly with very friendly people. Have hit the button on more than one occasion and was pleased with how quickly there was another person on the line. Everyone was very polite.

LifeStation

Geraldine, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we appreciate your recommendation of our service to others. We’re happy the LifeStation system has worked well for you, and we’re so proud of the excellent customer service we provide.

Original review: June 13, 2017

So far I have not had an emergency where I needed to push the button. When the battery did go out on the pendant that I wear, a new one was sent right away. I have recently recommended this system to my daughter's father-in-law and he is signing up.

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Suzette, and we’re so glad you found the LifeStation service to be helpful and prompt whenever you needed assistance.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've had need on 3 or 4 occasions to use your service. Thank you for your prompt response. The operator is always courteous and proactive to obtain the help I need. Sure hope I don't need you again for a long, long time!

LifeStation

Anne, you’re right! One of the great benefits LifeStation has is the ability to create a customized emergency contact list based off of your needs. We’re so glad you’ve enjoyed the LifeStation service.

Original review: June 13, 2017

So far, I've been lucky enough not to have needed your service but knowing that is always available has been a great comfort to me. The part that I like best is that the first calls would be for members of my family rather than an 911 ambulance.

LifeStation

Mary, we’re so glad you’re pleased with the LifeStation service and that you find the wristband comfortable and easy to wear. It is our goal to provide each customer with an excellent experience and to help give your family the peace of mind that should you have an emergency, you can get help.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I am very pleased with LifeStation. I wear a bracelet at all times. I have fallen several times in the past before I had a bracelet. My husband is still working and for his peace of mind when he isn't home, he insisted on getting a device for me to wear in case I fall again. We have both been please with the ease of wearing the bracelet. I don't even know I have it on as it is so light. So far, I haven't fallen again, but the ease of mind in knowing I will have instant help, makes it all worthwhile.

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Melinda. You’re right, we’re committed to providing our customers with the best care possible for a fair price. The LifeStation system is a great service for those who want the peace of mind that should they have an emergency they can always get help.

Original review: June 13, 2017

This product is a Godsend. My dad has mobility issues and has had to call for help several times. Every dealing I have had with your operators has been 110% top notch which I tell them at the time. Thanks for running such a great business at such a reasonable price.

LifeStation

Ruth, part of the greatest benefit of LifeStation is the peace of mind it provides to customers that should they ever need it, help is available. We’re glad you enjoy the LifeStation service, and thank you for writing a review.

Original review: June 13, 2017

At the beginning of my use of LifeStation I tested the system on several occasions and always got prompt response. I have not pushed the button for a long time and hope that I never will. It gives me peace of mind knowing that as long as I am at home I am able to contact help.

LifeStation

John, we’re happy you’ve enjoyed having the LifeStation system for your father. We do everything we can to ensure the best customer service experience possible, and provide you with peace of mind. Thank you for the review.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My dad has the LifeStation, I'm happy he never had to use it in an emergency. But every once in a while, he bumps the button by accident, and somebody is always there to help. And I'm happy they don't get angry because of false alarms. Everyone is very helpful. Thank you!

LifeStation

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to discuss your concern. Unfortunately, we do not have alternate button styles at the moment. However, your concern was brought to management’s attention, in order to explore possible options in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to continued, monitoring of service.

Original review: June 1, 2017

We have had no problems with getting new batteries and customer service response. Luckily we have not had any emergencies. I would suggest that you upgrade the wristband. Even at an extra charge. This one is very cheap and gets shabby easily. This is something my husband wears 24/7. It would be nice for it to look better.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 14, 2017

The LifeStation contact representative thoroughly inquired about my situation and need for the equipment. He then recommended a change in products that better suited my situation. This information was very helpful in my decision to continue with a LifeStation product.

LifeStation

Thank you, Beverly, for your feedback. Glad we were able to speak with you and address your concern. We're happy to continue to provide you with our top-quality monitoring service.

- James

Original review: June 1, 2017

I'm active and I have never used it and wondering why I'm paying over $36 monthly. Other companies offer less. I needed it for a while after fracturing a hip but am dancing, etc. so even though I appreciate the circumstances it covers, under my minimal need, wonder why the $$.

LifeStation

Ruthine, you’re right! With LifeStation, help is always just a click away should you need assistance. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Very happy with it. Peace of mind that I know help is a push-button away. Thank you. We have Thanksgiving dinner early this year and I knew if I choke on the bone I could push button and help would be there. I'm so happy to have it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 15, 2017

I have received the full amount of my three month charges. I am very satisfied about the way this was resolved. I still think this problem should be made clear to anyone who orders their monitor. this would have been prevented if I were aware of their policy regarding this. important information should be clear on their policy. I thank them for returning my charges.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I ordered this system and didn't like it. I never plugged the unit in and promptly returned it. I tracked the return and saw that it had been received. I called their customer support number and spoke to someone there. I was wanting to know how long it would take for my refund of a quarterly payment I had made. I was informed that I would only receive a two month refund instead of the three month amount I paid them. They said this was because the unit had been activated prior to sending it and so I had to pay for the first month charges even so it was never connected to my home. I asked to speak with a supervisor and they couldn't connect me to one. I had to leave my number for them to call me back. This person continually kept telling me the same thing, that I had to pay for the one month. I asked to speak to someone who was higher up but was told there was no one.

After repeating the fact that this was not shown on the order information and the multiple persons I spoke to never gave me this information. I refused to accept this policy because it was not a part of their order information. He eventually agreed to return the full amount I paid them. I saw other reviews from several persons who also had the same treatment. I didn't see these reviews before and the company only shared ones that praised their company. I did suggest that they share this refund policy on their site and the phone order assistance.

I helped my elderly Aunt order this because her husband had just passed and she wanted to have the comfort of knowing that she would have this in case of an emergency. We researched and decided on LifeStation... Bad move. We paid for 3 months in advance so she would not have to navigate the site or try to write a check for monthly payment... Another bad move. There is no contract correct? But apparently if you pay in advance they will not return your money if you choose to stop service. My Aunt was very disappointed in the quality of the product. She ordered the bracelet and had it converted to the pendant with the supplies that LifeStation supplied. The pendant promptly fell off and we are trying to locate it.

My Aunt was so disappointed with the product that she asked me to call and cancel the service for her, which I attempted to do. AFTER a 35 min call and lengthy hold (after asking for a supervisor which was not available of course) I was told that the only way was for us to return the product at our expense, and then AFTER they received the product, WE would have to call billing to see about the "Possibility" of any refund. The non helpful representative was James **. At this point I am very willing to send this unit back, take our losses and move on to a more reliable company that cares about their customers. RUN from this company and their HORRIBLE business practices.

Yet another case of LifeStation being totally unreasonable with their billing practices and the effectiveness of their products. I ordered the unit along with the mobile unit at the insistence of their salesperson that the mobile unit would work outside the home. I challenged the sales rep since I knew the cell service was not very good but was assured it would work since lifestation is not married to any particular cell service and simply uses the closest cell tower. The unit did not work and the day it was opened and tested did not work, so I was told to return the unit and would get a refund. They have refused to give me a full refund even though the unit was never used and returned plus I had to pay shipping to return their unusable product. I would not recommend doing business with a company like this with such low morale standards.

The LifeStation service was fine. The problem came about when it was time to cancel service after several years of service. I paid for a full year in August and cancelled service in December. Guess what? No prorated refund. "That's our policy" said the Tai, the customer service rep. Of course she could not point me to the policy, nor is anything posted online about returns and/or cancellation of service. That is such a shady business model that takes advantage of every customer (at some point) and leaves the last impression of the company as horrible. Stay away from LifeStation or don't pay in advance.

The service that you pay for is one thing but the common sense in designing the thing so you'd want to wear it is another. I had one previously that had a fairly discreet wristband, black and elastic. Small enough that someone would think it was a watch. I had to get another system recently because I got rid of my land line and went to cellular service. The unit they sent me has a giant bright white wristband made of plastic. Looks like something you'd get at a dollar store. The thing is about 1 inch wide. The white makes NO sense whatsoever as it quickly gets dingy and dirty looking. I'm ashamed to wear it. I called customer service and the child on the other end suggested I just not wear it publicly. He also said that this is the same fob that ALL units from ALL carriers use as they are ALL made by the same manufacturer. Really? Let me cancel my account and order from someone else and see what I can get?

Question and Answers - LifeStation

What is LifeStation?

LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.

How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?

If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.

Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?

No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.

My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?

Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.

What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?

Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.

Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?

We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.

Does LifeStation outsource their calls?

No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.

Is LifeStation UL Listed?

Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.

What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?

Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

What other certifications does LifeStation have?

Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.

Does the system work anywhere in the United States?

What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?

Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.

What are your customer service hours?

You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.

How much does your service cost?

Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.

Is there a long-term contract with this service?

No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.

Are there any installation fees?

Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!

I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?

No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.

What are my billing options and payment methods?

You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.

What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?

If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.

How does LifeStation measure success?

LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?

Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?

LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Profile