4.62/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

LifeStation

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. It's our mission to ensure anyone looking for a medical alert device is well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. We are a leader in the industry with our NEW 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any and all customers, an offering that is unprecedented in our industry.

Contact us today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $1 a day! Our representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

231 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

LifeStation makes me feel secure knowing that if I needed emergency help, it was at my fingertips. I told my niece that I would like to have a system that I could carry with me when I go out of town so I'd be covered. And so, she went online and looked up monitors. We reviewed a lot of them and we both came to the conclusion that LifeStation was what we wanted. When I've spoken to the LifeStation team, they've been very helpful and courteous. I wear the necklace and it doesn't bother me, but I don't have it on if I'm just sitting around in my house. I have it on the table or where I'm sitting. Also, I put it on the nightstand by my bed when I sleep, and it's within reach if I need it. But if I'm walking outside, I put it on.

The only problem I have is when it needed to be charged. And if that time comes in the middle of the night, it is a little bit worrisome but I'm coping with it. It takes four hours to charge it. And if I forget that I have it on the charger, I may wind up charging it a little bit longer than four hours. I've worked it out, and I know approximately when it's going to need to be put back on the charger. Overall, my experience with it has been good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was satisfied with my very nice experiences with LifeStation. I was falling and living alone and now that I have my LifeStation device, my family and I worry less. I wear the necklace, which fits me and my needs better than the bracelet would. It's adequate and I sleep with it around my neck. I had to use the emergency button on one occasion and the response was very prompt. I felt as though I needed them and I called them, and they were here within 15 minutes, which was adequate. So far, I'm very satisfied with their treatment.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

LifeStation makes me feel safer. You don’t ever know when you’re going to fall and I don’t want to take a chance. I’m doing good so far, so I hadn’t had to use it but I sure do want to keep it. One time they had to come and put a new battery in it. They told us what kind to get, and we fixed it. I tell a lot of my older friends like me about LifeStation and recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My son got the LifeStation for me because I have health issues. The final straw for him was when I had surgery for lung cancer, plus hip problems and severe arthritis so I use a walker and a cane. I'm almost 82 and I live by myself so he was concerned. The system is very good and the cost is reasonable for what I got. I've tested it and they've been very quick to respond. In fact, my daughter accidentally pressed the button on the unit itself because I had it on the kitchen counter and she was cleaning off the kitchen counter. She didn’t realize she pushed the button and it scared her. It was so loud and their reps came on the line right away. The little button also popped out a couple of times and I was able to pop it back in.

There are two other residents in my community that have the LifeStation and one of them used it frequently. I know because I was the one that went to her home when she had fallen because she called me as well. She used her LifeStation button to call and it worked fine. Then, when I was in the hospital and the system wasn’t working correctly, LifeStation's reps called to inform me about it. My daughter was here and she happened to answer the phone. They told her that my device was malfunctioning so they corrected the problem, told her what to do, and sent me a new one. My daughter was very impressed that they caught that there was a problem. When I got home from the hospital four days later, I had a new thing for my necklace.

Several of my neighbors have fallen in their backyards and had to scream, yell and hope that somebody passing by heard them. Whereas when I go out my backyard, I always leave my patio door open and the unit is in the kitchen so if I'm out in the backyard, if something happens, I can push the button and the unit will pick it up. So I feel more comfortable having it for that reason. I'm satisfied with it and I'm glad I haven’t had to really use it. But I've been very pleased with it based on the limited experience that I've had with it. I've also recommended it to a couple of people.

LifeStation response

Joan, thank you for sharing your story with us. We’re so glad you’ve enjoyed having the LifeStation service and feel safer in your own home with it. You’re right, you can go into your backyard without fear of falling like your neighbors because with LifeStation help is available at the push of a button. We appreciate your recommendation of our service to others.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've fallen a lot. I get dizzy and fall. I don't do that now, but I still wear the LifeStation device around my neck. If I fall, somebody will help me up, and I'm lucky about that. If I need it, it's there, and I'm very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I live alone and I’ve recently been hospitalized. I'm also a cancer patient and I'm on chemo, so my three boys decided that either I get one of those things I can wear around my neck or they're putting me in a home. I got the LifeStation and I'm a lot more independent now that I have it. I'm also a lot less worried about things because I know it’s there and if I have an issue, it will help. I’ve hit it a few times by mistake and they’ve always called immediately so I know it’s working. It’s a great service.

LifeStation response

Carolyn, we’re so glad that the LifeStation service could help you be more independent. You’re right, if you ever need help or have an emergency, all you have to do is press your Help Button to get assistance. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My caseworker gave me a list of places to call and I chose LifeStation. I got a medical alert device from them and they delivered it to me. Sometimes, it was a little annoying when my alert device was right out, hanging on my neck. But altogether, it has been fine with LifeStation.

LifeStation response

Virginia, we’re so glad to hear that your caseworker recommended the LifeStation service to you. We hope you continue to enjoy the LifeStation service. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I’m getting older and not as well as I was before and live by myself most of the time. So, I thought getting a medical alert was a wise decision which will put my mind and my family’s mind at ease. LifeStation is excellent. I’ve never had to use them in a real emergency but I have pushed the button mistakenly and they called me back very quickly.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I purchased a LifeStation for a friend of mine and we've had nothing but great service. She's 94 years old and she had been falling in her apartment. She broke her leg, her femur bone, and when we brought her back to the apartment, I wanted her to have access to LifeStation and me because I do not live in the apartment with her. She's alone and I wanted to make sure she's okay. So far, she's never had to use it but she finds it convenient and she wears it around her neck. They have called her many times and she's talked to them so she finds it very convenient. It's the first time I've ever used LifeStation. I got it out of a magazine and I went straight with them. The team is absolutely fabulous. They answered my question. So far, I've been very well-satisfied with it. It provides a sense of freedom and if I ever had to use it for some member of my family or myself, that's who I would call.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

LifeStation has done exactly what we needed it to do, which is to bridge the gap. My mom is disabled and stays home alone while I'm at work. We needed to have something there in case she fell while I was gone. My mom had trouble getting a hold of me when I was home and I had my phone off accidentally. She used the system to have them reach me, so I could call her back and help her out. Also, everything has been wonderful with the LifeStation team when we've had times that we accidentally hit the button or when we were testing the system and hit the button on purpose.

LifeStation response

Chris, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We’re so glad that we could be of a help to your mother when she fell. It is our goal to provide your family with a better sense of security that should your mother ever have an emergency help is always available to her.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

When I took a fall, my family urged me to look into medical alerts and I did. I've got a LifeStation for over a month now and it’s working good. I’ve fallen since but I was right where I could pick myself up and I didn’t injure myself. I had a railing outside that was right there where I fell and then I didn’t need to press the button. The thing is too bulky to wear around the neck so I wear the wristband but it’s still too bulky and the band is crappy. It could be narrower. Also, it gets gray, soiled, dirty looking and I had it break on two occasions so I ordered a new wristband. And even though LifeStation is a bit pricey, I recommend it to people who have asked what I have.

LifeStation response

Thank you, Dolores for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. You should be receiving your new Help Button within the next few days. We look forward to continued monitoring of service. - James

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

When I was still in my own house I fell. I was a couple of rooms away but I yelled and the LifeStation team heard me through the device. They contacted the rescue squad and they came so LifeStation was a big help. My husband died and it was the best thing I could do being alone. I felt good about having it on a day to day basis. It’s a relief having something so if you are alone somebody can help you.

LifeStation response

Veronica, we’re so glad that having the LifeStation system could give you added peace of mind about living alone, and that we could help you when you had your fall. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I live alone and having a LifeStation gives me security. I haven’t had to use it but I’m sure if I did, it’s nice to have it available. Everything has been okay with LifeStation.

LifeStation response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Frances! We’re glad you’re happy with the LifeStation service!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I was pretty independent even before using LifeStation. I'm 101 and I live by myself. But my eyesight's still perfect. I read without glasses and I still drive. When I go some place and I'm alone, I use a walker. The only problem I have is with my right hip. Once in a while, I feel like it's going to collapse and I thought I might fall so I got an alert system. We got a book telling us how to set it up and my daughter and her husband set it up for me. I wear the wristband every day and it seems to work all right. I have to carry with me the little white medium between the button and the main terminal on the telephone which is sometimes uncomfortable and inconvenient. But it seems to be necessary so I take it even out to the mailbox. I'm satisfied that it isn't bothersome at all.

LifeStation response

Hi Carl, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our 911 Emergency Button is a great accessory to have, as it will get you in touch with local emergency services wherever you are! We’re so glad that having the LifeStation system has helped you remain independent and active.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My experience with LifeStation has been very good. It’s done everything it’s needed to.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The medical alert device that I got from LifeStation was okay. I wore it because I felt more secure, knowing that if something would happen and I couldn't get to a phone to call for help, it would be easy to push the help button. So far, I've pushed the help button to test the device, but I haven't had an actual emergency yet. One concern I had was that there were times when I pushed the help button and the alarm continued to beep for a long time, but the reps couldn't access me through the unit and I didn't hear them answering through it, so they had to call me on my phone.

Another thing was that, when I adjusted the length of the cord, it didn't stay at the length that I set it, but instead it released and slipped, so the device hang way down to my waist. I've had several, different cords and they all did the same thing. The problem was with the design or manufacture of the cord, so there was no point in sending me a new cord because they all did the same thing. Sometimes, I just tucked the device in my bra, but then it was that close and right next to my body.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My daughter was the one who signed me up for LifeStation and I’m now using it as a watch on my arm. Everything’s okay and I recommend it. And if someone asks me about my LifeStation, I would tell them, “When you need it, you need it.”

LifeStation response

Irene, thank you for the review! We appreciate your recommendation of our service to others!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I'm not too steady on my feet, so my daughter wanted me to have the LifeStation service. When my little button's cord is pulled, it falls off and I have to put it back on. But I'm not doing the best as a person can be, and Lifestation is one thing that I have to go to if I have an emergency.

LifeStation response

Thank you, Barbara for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. You should be receiving your new Help Button within the next few days. We look forward to continued monitoring of service. - Anthony

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

LifeStation is great and I couldn’t be happier. I used to fall a lot and twice before I ended up in the hospital and then in rehab, when I would fall, I couldn’t get myself back up. If that would happen to me again, I at least have this system, which I didn’t have before. So, I’m very satisfied with it. A couple of times, I fell and LifeStation's team got a hold of my daughter right way and she came. Other times, I’ve accidentally hit my wrist against something, the button have gone off and they’re right there. They’re very, very good and understanding and they make sure that I’m okay. I feel very safe with the system and I already have recommended them to a friend.

LifeStation response

Jeannette, thank you so much for the review! We’re so glad that having the LifeStation service has been able to help you whenever you had a fall and needed help to get up. It is our goal to help you feel safe and to remain independent without fear of falling. We appreciate your recommendation of our service to others.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I'm a cripple and I also have my crystals get out of place in my ears and I have real dizzy spells from it. Also I have a horror of falling because I've already had five operations on one knee and I sure don't need to fall. I have a LifeStation and I feel safer with it.

LifeStation response

Pat, we’re so glad that you’ve enjoyed having the LifeStation system and that it could give you greater peace of mind. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Our children suggested LifeStation to us and we think they are excellent. I test the device once a month and I mark it on my calendar. We've received immense courtesy from them. Also, we had the wrist thing on and we’ve made mistakes of pressing the button but it was all cleared up and it was fine.

LifeStation response

Barbara, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad that your children suggested you get the LifeStation service, and that you’ve enjoyed having it. We understand that accidental button presses happen, and are always happy to check that you are okay, even if it is a ‘False Alarm’.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had no problems ordering my Lifestation device and getting it shipped. I'm living alone and going through some stress because they wish to sell the apartment and they want me out. My friend, who has a LifeStation advised me to get it. She said that I could fall in the house and I might not be able to get up. She also added that since I'm on my own, it's even more important to wear it in the house than in the streets because in the streets I could get help.

LifeStation response

Paulette, we’re glad that having the LifeStation service could ease your mind during this stressful time. It is our goal to provide seniors with the comfort and security that will enable them to continue living independently. Thank you so much for writing a review.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I feel more confident with my LifeStation. I have one with the GPS and compared to my previous device, I like that LifeStation is not big and bulky. The charger is small, it fits and it's real easy.

LifeStation response

Christine, you’re right! We work hard to make sure our LifeStation devices are compact and powerful at the same time. It is great that you chose the GPS device as you have protection wherever you go, and can always get help should you need it! Thank you for the review.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My brother provided the medical alert device from LifeStation for me. So far, I've used it once for an emergency. When I fell in the bathtub, I fell right by the device, so I smacked the help button and the device came on, and the reps at LifeStation talked to me through the unit. They asked me if I was okay and I told them that I wasn't. Firemen in three trucks and a nurse or EMT were able to get out right away to me, and they helped me into the carrier and took me to the emergency room of the hospital. Prior to this incident, I was thinking about calling and telling my brother that I didn't need the alert device, but when that happened I was extremely glad that I had it and it's still sitting by here.

LifeStation response

Carolyn, we’re so glad that you were able to get help when you fell because of the LifeStation service. It’s great to have the additional Bathroom/Hallway Wall Buttons for situations just like yours, as they can allow you to get in touch with Emergency Services right away. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have some balance issues and I walk with a walker. My daughter and her brothers were not around so that's why we got the LifeStation device. She thought if she wasn't here that it would be better for me to have something besides my cellphone. Plus, it would be safer for me to have someone to call who knew about the lockbox and who could come and rescue me if I needed rescuing. I also wanted to have something that had a GPS on it and the device has been great. I carry it around my neck but a couple of times, I accidentally bumped it with my hand and turned it on. They called and asked whether I was all right and I told them I accidentally turned it on. It makes me and my family feel safe. I've also spoken to several people that I thought should have one but they said, on their budget, they couldn't afford to have the GPS on it.

LifeStation response

Hi Lola, thank you for writing a review! The GPS system we offer is great because it allows you to have the added comfort and security that LifeStation provides wherever you go! We’re so glad that having LifeStation makes you and your family feel more safe and secure!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My nephew volunteered to give me a medical alert since he was concerned about my safety at my age. I had LifeStation in January. I used the emergency button once when I got dehydrated and somebody came to me. It happened after dinner when I started feeling dizzy and unstable. I was able to reach the button, but I’m not sure how it will be if I’m in bed and unconscious and I couldn't push the button.

LifeStation response

Albert, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad that having the LifeStation system was able to help you during your emergency! Good news, we have Fall Detection services available so you can still get help even if you are unable to press the Help Button. For more information on our range of services, you can call us at 877-833-2020 24/7.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had an experience with LifeStation a couple of times. I had some strokes and one time, I pushed the button by mistake and everybody showed up 20 minutes later. So I had to explain things to them. The emergency response was pretty good. I highly recommend it.

LifeStation response

Alan, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we’re glad you’re enjoying the LifeStation service!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was having lightheadedness and dizziness so I got a LifeStation and I keep setting it off accidentally. But overall the device is okay and I would recommend it to friends.

LifeStation response

Joan, thank you for taking the time to review LifeStation! We appreciate your recommendation of our service to others.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I had a slight heart attack and I needed to be monitored. I got my LifeStation, and I feel more comfortable with it because if anything comes, it’s going to alert me.

LifeStation response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, June. You’re right, if you ever have an emergency you just have to press your Help Button to call for Help! We’re glad you’re enjoying the LifeStation service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Though the idea is for me not to use LifeStation, I'm so glad it's there. I'm living alone and my balance is getting worse, plus I almost went backward several times. I got a little concerned. Also, I almost fell into the coffee table and I knew I needed a walker. I called LifeAlert and they were very aggressive. Plus, they cost too much. I called LifeStation next and the rep explained everything. I didn't have any problems and I enjoyed talking to her. I think it's great.

It went off one time when I was in my little walk-in closet. The system is loud and you certainly can hear it. They asked the proper questions. I didn't know why it went off, but she explained immediately. That was the first time I had heard it come on. I couldn't connect it at all before and I have been all night and all day all week trying to connect it to my landline phone. My LifeStation sits on my nightstands in my bedroom, but, the thing in the wall where you would normally plug in a phone is dead. Now, people in the building see me, not with the thing around my neck because it doesn't work out of this unit, but I now have a walker rather than a cane. And when someone stops me to admire my walker, I tell them that I also have LifeStation and I've been very pleased with it.

LifeStation response

Thank you, Barbara for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. As discussed, the device is connected properly and working well. Please don’t hesitate to call with any questions in the future. We look forward to continued monitoring of service. - James

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
    LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
    How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
    If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
    Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
    No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
    My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
    Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
    What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
    Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
    Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
    We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
    Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
    No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
    Is LifeStation UL Listed?
    Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
    What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
    Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
    What other certifications does LifeStation have?
    Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
    Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
    What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
    Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
    What are your customer service hours?
    You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
    How much does your service cost?
    Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
    Is there a long-term contract with this service?
    No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
    Are there any installation fees?
    Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
    I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
    No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
    What are my billing options and payment methods?
    You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
    What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
    If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
    How does LifeStation measure success?
    LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
    Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
    LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information