toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

LifeStation

Rosemary, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. We’re so glad LifeStation was able to help you during your emergency and ensure EMS came to your aid. It is our goal to provide our users and their loved ones with a sense of security that they can get help during an emergency.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My call was answered immediately and professionally. The two medics arrived in about ten minutes. They were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your excellent help. When I bought your service, I wasn't sure if I would ever need it, but my daughter felt better that I had it. It is a valuable resource and probably saved me from going into a diabetic coma. This might have happened if I had had to wait for help for several hours. Thank you.

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Linda. We are so glad that the LifeStation service could provide you and your family with greater peace of mind.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My mom wears the pendant. Once the pendant hit the counter and the call came right away, checking on her. We feel relieved that she's got this in place and we trust LifeStation. After much research, we decided this was the company that we wanted to proceed with.

LifeStation

Hi Donna, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re so glad you’re satisfied with the LifeStation service, it is our goal to provide seniors and their families with the peace of mind that they can get help during an emergency.

Original review: June 24, 2017

My mother and mother-in-law both have LifeStation. The response time when their buttons are activated has been superb. I requested 911 calls be made for my MIL due to the distance between us. Every time she has needed help, it has been there before us. My mom lives next door and I am called before 911. That has worked perfectly for us too. I am very satisfied with LifeStation and the quality of help they provide.

LifeStation

Joanne, The LifeStation system is a great service for those who want to live independently in their own homes, but also have the peace of mind that should they have an emergency they can always get help. We’re so glad your family was comforted by from the added security LifeStation provides. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Our Mom was determined to stay in her home for as long as possible. With LifeStation at her bedside, she was able to remain in her home completely independent for several more years. We all slept a lot easier knowing that if she had a problem LifeStation would be there to alert us and emergency services as necessary. Fortunately, there were no emergencies.

LifeStation

Thank you, Pam, for your feedback. We have tried to get in touch with you but, unfortunately, our attempts have been unsuccessful. An adjustment was made on the account and we would like to go over it with you. Please reach out to customer service so that one of our experienced agents can assist you. We are available 24-7 at 800-998-2400.

Original review: June 21, 2017

After dealing with this company and never using it for an emergency in three years, we stopped the service and sent back the machine and bracelet. We were charged for the full month after it was returned on the 8th. Plus a $7.99 fee. Hopefully another service will be available at less expense.

LifeStation

Hi June, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad the LifeStation service could be of a comfort to your family and give your mother added security.

Original review: June 20, 2017

My mom left bed your necklace it makes her feel so secure knowing help is just a button push away. She is almost 90 so that added security is a blessing. Thanks for your lifestation to help seniors. Thank you for your company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

LifeStation

Hi Sue, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad LifeStation could help you stay independent and give your family peace of mind that you can get help during an emergency.

Original review: June 17, 2017

Having LifeStation has allowed me to stay in my home rather than go to one of the facilities here in Highpoint, NC; My children who were concerned that I might fall in the house or outside and no one would find me for days. With LifeStation's GPS and quick response to even the smallest incident (such as hitting against the counter when I am in the kitchen), my children are convinced that I am protected at all times.

LifeStation

Hi Beverly, thank you so much for taking the time to write review. I’m glad I was able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. Remember you can ask for me if you ever have questions in the future. We look forward to continued, monitoring of service. - James

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have always had prompt answers when I checked my equipment and on two occasions when I hit the button by mistake. My only complaint was with the wristbands that they sent me. They were much too big. I finally gave up and used the necklace. They finally found a suitable wristband but by then I had been using the necklace so I didn't change.

LifeStation

Thank you, Charlene for your feedback. I’m glad I was able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concerns. As discussed, the refund request was put in for the previous account and the new order process was started. It was a pleasure speaking with you and we look forward to continued, monitoring of service. - James

Original review: June 16, 2017

My mother 84 yrs old, with advance Dementia, lymphoedema on her left leg & prone to falls. I ordered this unit to help her in case of injuries. The unit never worked. For months no one has ever called unless, I called to see why there no calls.

LifeStation

Barbara, we’re glad you enjoy having the LifeStation service for your father. It is our goal to help seniors remain independent and give their families peace of mind that should they fall they can get help.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I got LifeStation for my 90-yr-old Dad who lives alone, it really gives us peace of mind... He has activated his alarm several times accidentally, but LifeStation is always professional and mannerly and alerts us. I am very pleased with this product and Dad feels safe with his alert necklace on.

LifeStation

Thank you, Mary for your feedback. As discussed, we will be sending an additional Help Button to Louise for added protection. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. We look forward to continued, monitoring of service.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We like the idea of LifeStation. We have had some problems with it. Mom has lost her bracelet twice - not your fault. One consul had to be returned. I wished we could set it up without a landline. It has given us some comfort and it is good if clients keep bracelet on. Elderly often don't. Thanks.

LifeStation

Thank you for your feedback. We were able to take care of your concern. We have tried to get in touch with you but, unfortunately, our attempts have been unsuccessful. Please reach out to me so that one of our experienced agents can assist you with your concerns at 1800-998-2400. – James (Supervisor)

Original review: June 14, 2017

I'm being charged a monthly fee and my LifeStation has not worked for the last 4 months. Customer Service called me about a late payment and stated that LifeStation would not replace my unit until my account was current. So I paid the due balance and they still have not sent me a replacement unit (but they sure don't mind taking money from my bank account every month). This issue has been posted on the AARP website!

LifeStation

Doretta, we are so proud that the LifeStation service was able to come to your aid when you needed help. We understand how scary it can be to have a medical emergency so we make sure that our Monitoring Specialists are extremely prompt and courteous. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. We will be shipping out the GPS device to you shortly. This device can be used in and outside of the home. Once received, please give customer service a call so we can assist with set up at 1800-998-2400. We look forward to continued, monitoring of service.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I was dizzy and trying to walk to my bedroom. Apparently, I lost consciousness and fell. When I came to, I could not get up or move, so I pressed my LifeStation button. The woman who answered was very kind and stayed on the line until the paramedics arrived. My only concern is that I have to be either in my house or close by in order for the button to work.

LifeStation

Judith, we’re glad you were impressed with our fast response time. It is so important to us that help can arrive to you quickly and that our Monitoring Specialists are both prompt and courteous. We appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Since purchasing LifeStation, I have only used it once. I was amazed how quickly they responded. The ambulance was at my home before I completed my conversation with the nice young lady who was helping me. I love LifeStation and have told several of my friends about it. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give it a 15 or better.

LifeStation

Hi Sandie, we’re so happy LifeStation was able to help your mother when she had an emergency. We are so proud of our quick response time that ensures your mother can get help quickly whenever she needs it. Thank you for writing a review.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I just wanted to thank you for being there when my mother, who is 85 and lives alone, needed you most. She has pressed her Alert button twice now and both times she had help within minutes! Thank you so much for the peace of mind you provide to all your customers!!??

LifeStation

We’re glad you enjoy the LifeStation service, it is our goal to help seniors remain independent and give their families peace of mind that should they fall they can get help. Our customer service experts are available 24/7 and always happy to answer your questions. Thanks for the review, Sophia!

Original review: June 14, 2017

We have had LifeStation for my parents for almost 3 years now and their service is excellent. And whenever I've had questions, they are answered them promptly and politely. I feel very secure knowing that LifeStation is installed at my parents' home. Extremely dependable service.

LifeStation

Verna, accidentally pressing your Help Button is a good way to see LifeStation’s excellent service in action! We’re so proud of our quick response time and top-notch customer service. Thank you for writing a review!

Original review: June 14, 2017

Very quick to respond and very polite. The device is very touchy so the response is quick. This is very good. Thank everyone. Monitor to wear around the neck. The responders are all very pleasant and call you by your first name so you know they are responding to you and no one else.

LifeStation

Thank you for writing a review, Joanne! We’re glad you enjoy the LifeStation service, it is our goal to help seniors remain independent and give them peace of mind that should they fall they can get help.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Have not had an emergency. I wear the neck piece in the yard, while in the shower and if I am doing something a little risky. Don't wear it all the time. Test it occasionally. I am 89 and active and in good health. Live alone.

LifeStation

Jennifer, thank you for sharing this story with us. We’re so glad that your grandmother is doing okay, and we’re proud that we were able to get her help during an emergency. It is our goal to provide seniors and their families with the peace of mind that help is available to them should they need it.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My 82 year old grandma fell outside in the evening behind her house. It was getting dark, it was cold, and it was raining. If she didn't have LifeStation, she probably wouldn't of survived the night! So thankful and glad we decided to get her life alert! She pushed her button and they came out and got her. They called me right away, and we were able to get her the care she needed! Thank you LifeStation!

I have had to use your services a few times & have gotten professional communication each time. I recommend LifeStation to those in danger of medical aid. Action was timely & the representatives were well trained & mostly easy to understand.

LifeStation

Virginia, we’re glad you enjoy the LifeStation service. It is our goal to help seniors remain independent and give their families peace of mind. Please reach out to customer service so that one of our experienced agents can assist you with any of your concerns at 1800-998-2400. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have not had a experience to date. However, I am grateful to be connected with LifeStation. In 2016 I was in the hospital several times before my children insisted that I signed on with LifeStation.

LifeStation

Mike, you’re right, our representatives have a genuine interest and concern in making sure you are happy with the service and that all of your questions are answered. We’re so proud of our excellent customer service experts who are available 24/7 to help you. Thank you for the review!

Original review: June 14, 2017

Whenever I have questions or I am unable to understand working the unit/monitor I can call in and have the reps that I connect with speak to me with a genuine interest and concern in helping me and for me to have a better understanding in working with the service and the use of the monitor.

LifeStation

Thank you, Billie, for your feedback. We have tried to get in touch with you but, unfortunately, our attempts have been unsuccessful. Please reach out to me so that one of our experienced agents can assist you with your concerns at 1800-998-2400. – James (supervisor)

Thank you, Billie for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you and had a chance to address your concern. We look forward to continued, monitoring of service. (7/17/17)

Original review: June 14, 2017

I've been a customer since 2016 and haven't had any problems with the equipment. I do a check of the equipment once a month although I don't know why it's needed if it's working properly. I'm probably ready for a new wristband. How long do they last? As far as I know about LifeStation, they seem to be a good company. I signed up with them through a brochure they gave me when I was being dismissed from physical therapy.

LifeStation

Hi Diana, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really value our long time customers and are happy to provide them with excellent service at a fair price. We want to ensure the best possible experience for every customer and their families.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Based on medical issues with one person on our account, we cancelled that service. I was immediately told that because of the length of time with LifeStation our second account qualified for a discount... for life. That was unexpected and very much appreciated!

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Carol. We send our condolences on the loss of your husband. We’re glad that LifeStation could get him help when needed, and that it could provide you with peace of mind.

Original review: June 14, 2017

My husband, Philip, died May 15. He fell numerous times and his assisted living center got your call and he was taken to the hospital every few months. I haven't had an incident myself, thank goodness.

LifeStation

Delores, thank you for taking the time to review us. We ensure that LifeStation has the fastest response time possible to better serve our customers and that our Monitoring Experts are always calm and courteous when you press your button for any reason.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Thank goodness I have not had to use your service but I am grateful I have it. On a couple of occasions I have tripped the alert and your response was prompt and courteous. Very understanding and patient with me.

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Beryl. We’re glad we could provide you with a quality service and are happy to notify you of low battery signals if they arise.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I - fortunately - so far have not needed any assistance. I accidentally alerted you a few times by bending over while sitting down in a chair, and once by dropping the medical alert when I pulled off an apron over my head! Oh! I've also been reminded twice to re-charge my unit. I appreciate your conscientious watch. Thank you.

LifeStation

Hi Nancy, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re so proud of LifeStation’s fast response time and our friendly Customer Service Experts ensure your calls are always answered promptly and courteously.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Have not had to use in an emergency. Have hit the button by mistake, and felt comfortable that the call was answered quickly with very friendly people. Have hit the button on more than one occasion and was pleased with how quickly there was another person on the line. Everyone was very polite.

LifeStation

Geraldine, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we appreciate your recommendation of our service to others. We’re happy the LifeStation system has worked well for you, and we’re so proud of the excellent customer service we provide.

Original review: June 13, 2017

So far I have not had an emergency where I needed to push the button. When the battery did go out on the pendant that I wear, a new one was sent right away. I have recently recommended this system to my daughter's father-in-law and he is signing up.

LifeStation

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Suzette, and we’re so glad you found the LifeStation service to be helpful and prompt whenever you needed assistance.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've had need on 3 or 4 occasions to use your service. Thank you for your prompt response. The operator is always courteous and proactive to obtain the help I need. Sure hope I don't need you again for a long, long time!

LifeStation

Anne, you’re right! One of the great benefits LifeStation has is the ability to create a customized emergency contact list based off of your needs. We’re so glad you’ve enjoyed the LifeStation service.

Original review: June 13, 2017

So far, I've been lucky enough not to have needed your service but knowing that is always available has been a great comfort to me. The part that I like best is that the first calls would be for members of my family rather than an 911 ambulance.

Question and Answers - LifeStation

What is LifeStation?

LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.

How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?

If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.

Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?

No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.

My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?

Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.

What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?

Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.

Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?

We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.

Does LifeStation outsource their calls?

No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.

Is LifeStation UL Listed?

Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.

What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?

Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

What other certifications does LifeStation have?

Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.

Does the system work anywhere in the United States?

What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?

Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.

What are your customer service hours?

You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.

How much does your service cost?

Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.

Is there a long-term contract with this service?

No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.

Are there any installation fees?

Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!

I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?

No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.

What are my billing options and payment methods?

You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.

What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?

If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.

How does LifeStation measure success?

LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?

Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?

LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Profile