LifeStationConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand
LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. It's our mission to ensure anyone looking for a medical alert device is well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. We are a leader in the industry with our 5-DAY BATTERY LIFE and 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any and all customers, offerings that are unprecedented in our industry.
Contact us today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $1 a day! Our representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.
My son kept telling me that I should get the service and he came up with where he got it. He must have seen an advertisement. I've had the system for at least two years and I've had no problems, but I also haven’t had any reason to use it. I haven’t needed to contact LifeStation. But that’s good and I’m very happy about that. I hope that the system is working the way it should. I should get a call from LifeStation once in a while saying that they're testing it.
Shirley, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We’re so glad you enjoy having the LifeStation system!
My mom was a fall risk. She moved in with me and I wanted to be sure that she had a way of communicating a problem if I couldn’t hear. There were several times that she fell and she was unable to make me aware of it during the night. But she had the button to push and medics were here in 15 minutes. The LifeStation team has always been courteous and professional as well.
Eddie, you’re right! The LifeStation system can be a great way to communicate and call for help even if you live with other people. Pressing your Help Button can ensure that others know you need assistance. Thanks for the review!
My sister-in-law and my wife bought the medical alert device from LifeStation for me, and I’m stuck in wearing it now. My experience with the LifeStation guys has been all right. But in the last six months, there have been three times that the alarm somehow went off accidentally and they called. It might have gone off by itself, but it's hard to press the help button unless you mean to. One time, I was watching a football game and I heard this banging on the door, and it was the Fire Department guys. So, I invited them in to watch the game, but they were not happy that they had been called out.
George, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand that accidental activations can sometimes be a nuisance, but it’s also a great opportunity to confirm your device is working properly. Feel free to contact our 24/7 customer service line at 800.998.2400. -Brooke
When I fell over the dog, I figured it was time to do something. I got a LifeStation and wear it around my neck. It was going off without any reason so I called their team and the representative suggested that I shorten it and it works. It was probably too long and that I was hitting it. The team has been nice in their response and everything is fine. I'm perfectly happy with LifeStation and I have no complaints.
Beverly, you’re right! You can never be too careful or prepared, and it’s great that you decided it would be good to have a LifeStation device just in case of emergencies! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
My son chose the LifeStation medical alert device for me. He thought that I should have one because I live by myself. I'm on a walker right now. I had to call the LifeStation reps a couple of times and they did a good job. The last time, I fell and and they took me to the hospital. I had the alert device around my neck at the time and I pushed the help button. I could hardly get up, so I had to crawl to the front door to unlock it and that was quite a job right at that time. I contacted this woman rep at LifeStation and she said that they would send somebody out to me right away, and they did. The first responders got here in five or 10 minutes. I'd tell people that the LifeStation medical alert device is a good thing.
Agnes, we’re so glad to hear that you were able to get emergency help quickly with the LifeStation device! You’re right, if you ever need help during an emergency all you have to do is press your Help Button and emergency services will come to you! We also have a LockBox system that would allow emergency services to get into your house with your permission during emergency situations if you could not get to the door. Call us at 877-478-3390 for more information. Thanks for the review!
- 1,047,006 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
My LifeStation is very valuable. I have not fallen per se that I’ve had to use it but several alerts have gone out and they have brought the police and the ambulance here a couple of times, especially when I was out in the yard playing and I didn't know why my device went off. The people at LifeStation were very very polite and they answered my call right away.
I had a stroke a couple of years ago and then I got worse and the kids were away quite a bit and they didn't want to leave me alone. They decided to get me my medical alert device. I put it on when I get up in the morning and it’s on until I go to bed at night. I feel very protected. It is wonderful and it works really well. I don’t like the black band on it because it doesn't go with my other jewelry and it really stands out. I saw a white band which would have been better, but that’s all right. I haven’t tested it lately. But I’m very happy with it. It's very life-saving.
Roselyn, your Help Button may not be the prettiest piece of jewelry you wear, but it may be the most important! If you ever need help or emergency services all you need to do is press your Help Button for assistance. Thanks for the review!
My brother is elderly and I have to go out sometimes and he’d be alone. He'd need a LifeStation to call someone if he runs into a problem. So far, he feels okay with it and I feel good knowing that he’s got the help when I can’t be around because I don’t have a home phone and that’s the only help he can get. So far, everything’s been good with LifeStation and everybody’s been nice. They’ve been answering every time I test it every month. I tried different ones before but I didn’t keep them and I just ended up with LifeStation. It's better and it’s been working good.
If he happens to push it by mistake, LifeStation reps would call and see. But that only happened one time. I happen to be in the shower and he pushed it accidentally and I didn’t know it. Their response was good. The fire department came and we told them why I wasn't available for him and they understood. Now, when he pushes it accidentally, they just come on and I happen to be here. Or even when I’m out, he’ll tell them that he’s okay and that he pressed it accidentally. Overall, I’m satisfied with LifeStation and I would recommend it.
Anna, we’re so glad that the LifeStation service has been able to help your brother when he needs it and bring you greater peace of mind! Thank you for the review!
I live alone so I decided to get a LifeStation. I got it for health reasons too. I'm more independent now since I had it. The emergency response was very good. One time, I had a mild stroke and passed out. My daughter was here then and she pressed the button. The only thing I remember is the doorbell ringing, that was the fireman. So far, everything was good. I'd tell a friend to go get a LIfeStation too.
Dolores, we’re so glad that the LifeStation system could aid you when you had your stroke and bring emergency services to you quickly. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.
My experience with the Lifestation team has been fine. My children wanted me to get it and they feel good about it. I didn't need the device but it was a good thing to have.
Thank you so much for the review, Irene!
I fell and I have to walk with a cane wherever I go, in the house or outside. So far, I have been well pleased with LifeStation. It’s comfortable and I appreciate having the access to it so that if I have a need, I can call somebody.
You’re right, Margaret! If you ever need help or access to emergency services, all you have to do is press your Help Button! Thanks for the review!
I'm alone at home a lot during the day and I know that I can push my device if I get in trouble. LifeStation is good because every time I accidentally hit it, they always call me.
Thanks for the review, Wilma!
I had so many concerns including a lump in my throat so I decided to get a LIfeStation. Their team was very good and I feel good having my LifeStation device. It's working and I don't even know I have it on.
Thank you so much for your review, Ivory! We're so glad you enjoy having the LifeStation service!
I have diabetes and one time, I needed to stand. I didn't know what was going on. I thought I was having a heart attack. I used my LifeStation and it took them a while to reach me, but I guess it was me who was thinking that they should have been here because I was in pain. Nonetheless, I hit the LifeStation button at the beginning of every month and their reps were great. I've been using LifeStation for two years now. I like it and I feel safer. In fact, I told my ex-wife to get one because she's been falling. LifeStation is a life saver.
Lester, we’re happy to hear that you’re happy! We appreciate your loyalty for the past 2 years. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. -Jenny
LifeStation's customer service team has been great. They've been quick and the work was done. I've used my device a couple times, and the first was when I fell out on the brick patio at night, and I couldn’t get up so they arrived. And then I tripped in the house, and they came, too. I live alone after my husband passed away, so I decided I should get the LifeStation. I have recommended it to a couple of people and I was supposed to get $50 but it never came. Also, I got rid of my cord. I wish they'd get rid of that black cord and give us a choice of a nice chain. And I wish my device's coverage would extend up to the length of a football field. I wish it would extend more if I were downtown.
Thank you, Patricia for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you. As discussed, you will be upgraded to our Mobile GPS device at an affordable rate. Feel free to give us a call when your new device arrives at 800.998.2400. -Lily
I've set it off a couple of times accidentally and LifeStation responded immediately, but I never had to use it for an emergency. I live by myself and my son is paying for it because he thinks I need it. And I'm a little bit more comfortable when I have it. I wear it around my neck and I turn it backwards so I don't accidentally set it off. I wear it to bed and it stays on 24/7. I also convinced my neighbor to get it, and I got an emergency call for Julia last week because I'm her first responder. So, it worked.
Betty, we’re so glad that having the LifeStation system has helped both you and your neighbor! It’s great that you feel more comfortable at home with your Help Button. Thanks for the review!
I had a different medical alert device locally but its price was a lot higher than LifeStation. I used LifeStation twice accidentally and it always worked, plus they responded immediately. They were also very nice.
Shirley, we work hard to provide our customers with the best rates possible! Thanks for the review!
My son got the LifeStation for me without even saying anything because I broke my ankle and I live alone. It makes me feel good and everything is fine except for the fact when I push the button, it takes quite a while for somebody to answer. I got a cousin who also got a medical alert device from a different company. She said hers works in any place, but the one I got from LifeStation only works for about 65 feet. She can be on the road or she can be ten miles from home and her device still works. But I leave mine at home when I go someplace because there's no sense of wearing it if it didn't work.
I wear the device on my wrist and the band has broke on one side twice. The first time it happened, the band broke on its own and I had to order another one and LifeStation sent it to me for free. For the second time, I was just taking my sweater off and it was barely caught on my sleeve but it broke off. They said it would cost #25, but I told them I will just go to a different company if I have to pay for it. So they sent me the second one for free too. It seems that it is cheaply made, but I'm still happy with it.
Thank you, Eugene for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you. Be sure to give us a call when you are ready to upgrade to our Mobile GPS device at an affordable rate. We’re glad that you’re a part of our LifeStation family.-Lilly
I fell down a couple of times and I got a LifeStation device, and now, I can use it when I want it. I wear it on my wrist. And once in a while, the band breaks, but everything else is all right. It works well for me. The LifeStation team has been great. I had an emergency where I used it, and they sent the police over right away. They took care of me right away. I'd tell my friends to get LifeStation.
Donald, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us! We’re so glad that you enjoy having the LifeStation system and that it could make you feel safer!
I live by myself, and my daughters decided I should have a LifeStation. With it, me and my daughters have a little less worry. I would tell friends or family members that if they were living by themselves I would suggest that LifeStation might be a good idea. The only problem that I've had with it is it takes a while when I've tested it for somebody to come on the line to respond. If I was having a heart attack, that could be a problem.
Thanks for the review, Jean! We’re so glad you enjoy having the LifeStation service!
I went to nursing home and I fell one time and there was nobody here to help get me up and I couldn't walk. So now, I feel more comfortable having LifeStation with me. I wear the device day and night. And I feel like if I need somebody, I can get them. Every time I mash it, they're quick to draw and they answer.
Joyce, thank you for your review! We’re so glad that having LifeStation makes you feel more comfortable at home!
My husband has Alzheimer’s and he doesn’t walk or talk. I'm here with him but I'm an older person that have health issues of my own, minor ones. I felt that LifeStation was needed because if something bad would happen to me and I'm alone with him, he wouldn't be able to do anything and he wouldn't be able to call anybody. LifeStation is a security that if something happens, there would be a solution. Some people rely on it for help. I have the button around my neck. It's always there and I'm used to it.
We’re so glad that you feel safer having the LifeStation system, Maria! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!
My daughter had cancer and I heard about LifeStation through her. I've had it for over two years as a safety thing. I've had to use it one or twice when I've fallen and their response time was very fast. They also had very nice reps. I would recommend them.
We’re glad you enjoyed our fast response time, Leila! Thanks for the review!
My husband passed away and I’m alone in the house. My children thought getting a medical alert device for me would be great. I’m very well pleased with my experience with LifeStation. I have tried to check it monthly and they’ve been very courteous. A couple of times, I must’ve punched the button and I told them I was sorry. The Station is in my kitchen, which is in the center of the house, and then I wear a bracelet. It’s with me all the time and I feel so much more confident knowing I’ve got help coming if I need it. I even have the GPS. My children are trying to keep me in my home and that’s what I want. I’m happy with the LifeStation and I’ve recommended it to my friends.
Patricia, thank you so much for your review! You’re right, having the LifeStation GPS System is a great way to stay comfortable and independent in your own home.
My mother needed some type of a token that she could wear around her neck because she was living by herself. And so, I did a research and selected LifeStation. And the one time she needed it the most, they immediately called her neighbor and contacted 911 and she got the help that she required. She has the fall detection aspect of her device and she had her pendant on and she said she was pressing it, too. And it worked.
Chippy, we’re so glad that having LifeStation has been able to help your mother and provide you with greater peace of mind. Thanks for the review!
I wouldn't want to go without LifeStation. It's affordable and very reliable. Before getting the medical alert device, something happened to my body and I had to stand still if there's no blood supply for just a few seconds. It has gone away but it's the reason why I got the device. Last summer, I was out working and accidentally pushed the button. Here came the ambulance. And then LifeStation called my sister whom their team was supposed to call. It was A1 service. Overall, LifeStation made me feel independent. I had fewer worries too unless I forget to put it on. I have referred them several times.
Annie, we’re so glad that you’ve enjoyed having the LifeStation service and that we were able to help you during your medical emergency. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I lost my husband and my youngest daughter within a month of one another, and I live alone. So, I thought that I needed a medical alert device. I have a bracelet, but half of the time I don't wear it. I have it on a piece of furniture so I can grab. Having it makes me feel more confident, except when I really need it is when I'm away from home and that is not any good. I've used the button several years ago, and the response was fast. The thing, however, that concerns anybody who has one of this is if the door is locked, and if you don't have anybody who can get in -- they'll have to break a door down. I'm supposed to check in once a month, but I have not pressed the button for two years now. So, I do not know whether my device is even working. Nevertheless, I have recommended it. One of my friends already has one and she has the lanyard, which she wears around her neck.
Thank you, Margaret for your feedback. We are glad we were able to speak with you. Be sure to give us a call when you're ready to add our Lockbox to your account. We’re glad that you’re apart of our LifeStation family. -Trish
I've had LifeStation for a couple of years and it's been fine. I'm 88 years old and my children decided that I needed one. My son tests it every month and they respond right away. I wear mine around my neck when I'm working outside in case I need it. Everybody should have one.
Thanks for the review, Ann!
I'm supposed to test my LifeStation device once a month but I forget to do it sometimes and I may go a couple of months without testing it. But it works and I wear it. The response was fast and I'm satisfied with it. One time I could have used it except that I was fainting and unconscious I couldn't press it. I was on the carpet before I knew it. Somebody else found me. But I'm still glad to know it's there.
We’re glad that having the LifeStation system could give you greater peace of mind, Henry! Thanks for the review!
My nephew is the one to take care of me when something happens but he lives about two hours away from me and he feels better that I have my LifeStation device. I’m 88 years old but I still mow my field and work outside all the time. I also live alone and my nephew was afraid I’d end up dying out there in the middle of the field with nobody finding me for a while.
The people at LifeStation have always been nice. They helped me get connected when I got the equipment here and the rep on the line was good and patient with me to get it going. I wear the device on my wrist and I never take it off. When I check my equipment, they usually say "emergency" about five times before they come on and that’s okay because when they come on, they know my name so I think they’re checking to be sure. They've also always responded when I punched the button. A couple of times, I had hit the device and LifeStation called my neighbor whom I had listed as my first responder. She went up to the road to see what was going on but I didn’t know I had hit the button and they were real nice about that. The device gives me a feeling that I would be helped if I need it right away and I’m pleased with LifeStation.
We’re glad that having the LifeStation system could give you greater peace of mind, Betty! Thanks for the review!
My son set up LifeStation for me after we just got here, and I feel safe with it. I wear the necklace all the time because a lot of times, I'm here by myself or with the dog and the dog doesn't call very good. At first, I was calling there and telling them I was all right. But then, they told me that I didn't need to keep doing that, so I quit doing it. We used it one time and they took me to the hospital. Another time, the electricity went off and then when it came back on, they called me and asked if everything was all right because it called them when it came back on. But their response time was really good. I'm pleased with LifeStation overall.
We’re so glad you were pleased with our fast response time, Minnie! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
LifeStation questions and answers
- What is LifeStation?
- LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
- How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
- If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.
After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
- Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
- No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
- My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
- Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
- What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
- Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
- Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
- We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.
For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
- Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
- No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
- Is LifeStation UL Listed?
- Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.
For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
- What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- What other certifications does LifeStation have?
- Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
- Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
- What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
- Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
- What are your customer service hours?
- You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
- How much does your service cost?
- Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
- Is there a long-term contract with this service?
- No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
- Are there any installation fees?
- Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
- I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
- No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
- What are my billing options and payment methods?
- You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
- What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
- If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
- How does LifeStation measure success?
- LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
- Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
- LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.