2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (1471 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About LifeStation

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, which is unprecedented in their industry.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• No long-term contracts
    • Fall detection technology
    • 24/7 support

Cons

• No activity monitoring

Bottom Line

LifeStation claims the fastest response times. Optional fall detection is available, but they lack other services like smoke monitoring. The caregiver service notifies family and loved ones in the event of an emergency.

Top LifeStation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I've had a stroke and although I can manage on my own, I'm always afraid of what would happen if I fell and I couldn't get up, or if my heart started acting up... So, it's nice to...

Verified

I recently switched ... to LifeStation because LifeStation's infrastructure is more flexible, allowing an unlimited number of people on the emergency call list, setting up emergen...

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About LifeStation

LifeStation offers a push-button medical emergency response at home or on-the-go thanks to GPS monitoring. LifeStation can provide fall detection technology, and their wearable help buttons are waterproof. Plus, the LifeStation lockbox helps ease logistics in case the user cannot answer the door due to an emergency.

LifeStation service can move with you in the event you relocate and repair or replace both equipment and batteries at no extra cost. The 30-day money-back guarantee allows LifeStation customers to try the system risk-free, though customers must pay for return shipping.

LifeStation medical alert systems

Seniors who live alone or with other seniors but would like to remain in their homes longer might choose LifeStation medical alert system for added security. Those with mobility issues can also benefit from LifeStation medical alarm service.

• In-Home Traditional: In-Home Traditional service from LifeStation includes an emergency console and a wearable button (choice of pendant or wristband) with 24/7 care center monitoring. Pricing begins at $25.95 per month for a landline connection. Contact the company for pricing with cellular service.
    • In-Home Plus: In-Home Plus provides a wearable button and emergency console for customers without a landline.
    • Mobile with GPS: LifeStation’s enhanced location service with GPS helps identify your location if you experience an emergency away from home.
    • Fall detection: A wearable device with fall detection technology automatically notifies LifeStation operators if it senses a fall has occurred, even if the wearer is unable to push the button.

LifeStation equipment

All LifeStation equipment is UL listed and FCC approved. LifeStation medical alert devices are tested before shipped to customers, and faulty equipment will be replaced with no charge to the consumer.

• Two-way communication console: The emergency console plugs into an outlet in your home and connects to the phone line (or cell service). When you push the help button, the emergency console contacts the care center and activates two-way voice communication. The console has 32-hour back-up batteries in case of a power outage.
    • Medical alert pendant: The medical alert pendant is a small, waterproof device with a button worn around the neck. When you press the button, it sends a signal to your in-home emergency console and contacts the care center.
    • Medical alert wall button: If the LifeStation member pushes the wall-mounted button, it sends a signal to the emergency console to contact the care center and enable two-way voice communication.
    • Bathroom/hallway help button: Extra help buttons can be mounted low to the ground in bathrooms, hallways and bedrooms for easy access. Price for one button is $3.49 per month but drops to $2.99 each for three and $2.49 for six buttons. Help buttons are waterproof and come with adhesive for mounting.
    • Lockbox: In the event you cannot answer the door for medical responders and caregivers, they will get a code for a lockbox outside of the home for $2.99 per month

LifeStation caregiver tools

LifeStation includes AlertMessage service that notifies loved ones or caregivers in case of an emergency. In the event the LifeStation subscriber pushes the button, an email will automatically be sent to the caregivers listed on the contact list. This allows family members to immediately know if there is an issue.

The Lock Box option allows caregivers and emergency personnel to have access to the home if the subscriber is unable to answer the door.

The console will also contact the care center to trigger an automatic email to caregivers if back-up batteries are low or the signal has been disconnected (i.e., unplugged from an electrical outlet or phone jack). When the user tests the console, it also sends an email to those on the contact list.

LifeStation pricing

LifeStation costs begin at $21.95 per month for subscribers who pay upfront for the whole year (total $263.40). Paid quarterly, the monthly price comes to $27.95 ($111.80 per payment or $335.40 for a year). Subscribers who make monthly payments pay $29.95 per month ($359.40 for a year).

Payments include equipment rental and 24/7 monitoring service. Monitoring for an additional user in the same household costs $3.99 per month. One Bathroom/Hallway Help Button costs $3.49 to add on, but the price per button drops as you order more, with a total of six buttons costing $2.49 each. The Lock Box costs $2.99 per month. Optional service add-ons, including fall detection and mobile service with GPS, are available for an additional fee.

LifeStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: April 12, 2021

After a week, replacement still not mailed out to me. I live 20 minutes from the facility. The nature of the product is a mismatch to how they handle replacement devices. They lack empathy and display a total disinterest in customer concern and the purpose of the product. Everything is great as long as your device is working properly.

Original review: July 10, 2020

My name is Patricia **. I use the device, not Tiffany **. She's my daughter. I recently moved to **. Bellevue, Ne. 68123. That move took place on 05/31/20. I was living at ** Bellevue, Nebraska. 68005.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2020

What they dont tell you is that if you do not want the service, they will Covid-19 hit and I lost my job and my mother ended up in Hospice Care. I called and inform Lifestation to cancel the account and was informed I could not cancel until they received the product back. Minds you, I had no money to ship it back. They claim they mailed a shipping label which never arrived.

1 month later and still nothing but yet they were continuing to take the payment out of my account, putting my bank account into negative balance and causing overcharge fees. I continued to call. They not once tried to work with me even knowing the product was disconnected and boxed ready to ship back. Then finally after about 2 months they decided to email me the package label but then I had a hard time getting it printed due to everything being shut down due to the Covid-19. No matter how many time I called and begged for them to work with me, they did not budge. They continued to charge me every month knowing I did not have the money in my bank. I would never recommend them to anyone!

Original review: June 24, 2020

On several occasions, when the system was activated, it took a technician at least 4 minutes, sometimes more, to call me and respond to my call for help. I could have died while waiting for them to call me!

Original review: March 2, 2020

I called customer service at 1 800 998 2400 on 3/2/20. No response on the phone call. They force you to leave a message after 9 minute saying you will be contacted asap. After 40 minutes still no response. Called a second time, same result. Very disappointing for a company that claims great service. Tom

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I already knew what type of system I needed, and was ready to go with another vendor even though I was not happy with the price point, I checked into LS and found the same system but at a significantly lower price, I just get my system delivered today and it was as easy as they said.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Price is best among highly rated systems; however, their service is erratic; (1) specifically, we bought the extra "fall down" feature, but today Burton fell down, did NOT get a call back and when he pressed the button the service said, "We do NOT call you; you have to press button to call us." Didn't your records show that we paid extra for the fall-down button and feature???

(2) As company recommends, at end of our first month of service, we pressed button to confirm that our connection was working properly. However, after waiting nearly a minute (between time from initial pick-up, to their transfer and wait), THEN the recording said the signal was too weak and they could not connect. Before accepting the LifeStation system we tested (called via the button) from 5-6 different location in our 10 floor high-rise concrete/steel building, including in the basement and on the elevator. This test of service call was from Burton's kitchen (7th floor of building), so NO acceptable reason for failed connection.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The people are friendly. However the unit alerts when I sit down, when I toss it on the bed, etc. But when I fell down it never alerted. I am unhappy with these results. I am not inclined to recommend this unit at this time. I could not push the button because of how I ended up on the ground. There needs to be more work and research done on these units or they are not worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I am disabled and can't walk at all. I use a wheelchair and one day when I was getting in my chair, I was strapping my feet in and then I couldn't push myself back up into sitting position, but luckily, I had my LifeStation button on me which I keep on a string around my neck. I was able to contact lifestation and somebody came to push me back into my wheelchair in less than 10 minutes. I was so thankful. I never get in my chair without it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I've had my medical alert device for 6 or 7 months and fortunately I've never had to call for assistance. The only time I've used it is to test it every 5 or 6 weeks. The response is immediate and always most courteous. My family and myself feel at ease knowing that I have someone to call for immediate help; especially with my being alone. Could not be more pleased.

Find a Medical Alert System partner near you.

LifeStation FAQ

How does a LifeStation alert system work?
      The LifeStation medical alert system consists of an emergency console and a wearable help button. The console plugs into an electrical outlet and a landline (or connects to cellular service). The user wears the help button as a wristband or pendant.

When the wearer pushes the button on the LifeStation base unit, it enables two-way voice communication with a care specialist. The operator will ask the wearer about their emergency, and determine if medical services should be dispatched. If the wearer is unable to respond, the operator will follow the personalized emergency plan that you make when you sign up for service. Either way, the care specialist stays on the line until help arrives. An automatic email notification is also sent to the caregivers on the wearer’s contact list.

What is LifeStation’s average response time?
      LifeStation’s average response time is 20 seconds.
      Do I have to sign a contract to get a LifeStation medical alert system?
      Yes, LifeStation requires subscribers to sign a monitoring agreement. Service is provided on a month-to-month basis.
      What is LifeStation’s cancellation policy?
      If you don't like the LifeStation medical alert device, you can return it through LifeFone customer service — be sure to save the shipment box for easy returns.
      Does it cost extra to add my spouse to LifeStation monitoring service?
      Adding a spouse to LifeStation monitoring service costs $3.99 per month.
      Where are LifeStation monitoring centers located?
      LifeStation monitoring centers are located in the United States.
      Does LifeStation offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
      LifeStation is responsible for replacing any faulty equipment, including batteries, at no extra cost. However, the LifeStation button is extremely durable and can withstand a normal fall.
      Does LifeStation offer a free trial period?
      LifeStation offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and the customer pays for return shipping.
      Do LifeStation medical alarm systems require a landline?
      LifeStation In-Home Traditional works with a landline. In-Home Plus systems are designed for customers without a landline.
      Are LifeStation mobile medical alert systems waterproof?
      LifeStation wearable buttons and wristbands are waterproof. The emergency console is not waterproof.

Do we recommend LifeStation?

Yes. Monitoring service, along with the LifeStation personal emergency plan, gives family and caregivers peace of mind that their loved ones have access to help. In an emergency, a certified care specialist answers the call when the help button is pushed. Although fall detection does not detect 100% of falls, it’s an added layer of protection. The system works anywhere in the U.S. and you can take it with you if you move.

LifeStation Company Information