Call toll free
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. It's our mission to ensure anyone looking for a medical alert device is well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. We are a leader in the industry with our 5-DAY BATTERY LIFE and 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for any and all customers, offerings that are unprecedented in our industry.

Contact us today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $1 a day! Our representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

LifeStation has mostly positive reviews that appreciate the company's fast response time. Several customers purchased LifeStation after their care coordinator recommended it. Reviews about LifeStation report that the call center was friendly and the device was easy to use.

PROS

• 30-day money back guarantee
  • 24-hour call center
  • 5-day battery life
  • Fast response time
  • Notifies your emergency contact as well as call center

CONS

• No speaker phone in pendant
  • Heavy/bulky pendant

1290 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My mom was falling and we got LifeStation for the price. The people were fine, kind, and very responsive when they got an alert even though it was a false alarm, but the device itself didn’t work. It would go off when she didn’t fall, and then not respond when she'd fall. We called them about it then they sent us several new buttons for my mom to wear and none of it worked. We’re actually having problems with the one she’s got now too because, apparently, it has to bang into something in order to call them. Also, people tuck the device into her shirt and she’s not aware enough to remember to take it out. We might have to switch to a different company.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My mother had gone down some stairs at somebody else's house and she broke her leg and shattered the bones in her ankle. She had surgery and had a rod put in so she is limited to how she could walk now. There was also a time when she was getting water and she fell down. She was down for a little bit before she could get back up. We decided that we should get a medical alert device. We had hooked up Medical Alert first up but it was just the at home one. We decided to switch over to LifeStation. It gives me peace of mind knowing that she has it. I worry about my mom and making sure that she has the device on her. There was a time that she fell but she didn't have her device on her, and somebody else showed up.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I wanted some good little protection and I decided that I would get a LifeStation device. It’s only for emergencies. I keep it close around me in case I fall and I feel a lot safer. It's a good thing to have and it's working fine. It’s a good service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

LifeStation is good to have if you're living by yourself. My wife wears her device when she's here by herself. She had two major heart attacks and she just had one last month. We test the device and LifeStation's response time is good.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I took over a patient's care from her son. She had fallen once and luckily, she had fallen, hit her face and called me. So I took her into the Emergency Room. She was fine but she was 93 and living alone in an apartment where she would have to call 911. Because I live about 10 miles away from her, I felt that she needed a device to be safe. I did some research and I thought that LifeStation was reasonable and that it covered everything that I felt that she needed. I certainly felt better with her having the device. Every time she pushed it, we got a response and I like the response that we got so quickly. We actually had the police call her one time because she didn’t realize she had set it off and she didn’t answer her phone. It was very reassuring for me that somebody would get to her.

But at the same time, I had a little frustration with the fact that she wouldn’t wear it all the time and she would forget to put it on. She has the neck one and she would wear it at home. But it was a little too sensitive. She put it down a couple of times and it went off saying that she’s fallen just by putting it down. So she felt uncomfortable that in wearing it, she was gonna set it off. No matter how much I told her that it was okay and it was good that they would answer, she felt like she was bothering them. Nonetheless, it’s a good program. I’ve actually fallen a couple of times and my husband’s out of town a lot so I thought that maybe I should get one for myself too. I've recommended LifeStation as well. My interactions with the people there were very good too. They were very helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Something happened to my cousin. She fell and almost died. She lives alone and since I'm alone too, I thought that if I have this LifeStation thing, that might help me better. But the first device they gave me was not working for the whole month. It seemed to work but if something happened or if I called, nobody answered me. After that, they gave me a second device and this one is good. This one is working. It is a simple one though, only for the house, the backyard and the parking. LifeStation is the one with the GPS but this device doesn't have that. I like the one with a GPS though, because I remember when I was an hour away from my house, I fell and hit the device on the car and they called me anyway. But it's good for now. Whenever I call them for something, they try their best to help me. If I sleep with it and I turn over and hit the button, it rings and calls them. But I set it back right away because it is not an emergency.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

The people who come and do my home health care visits ordered a LifeStation medical alert device for me. Over the course of using it, I have talked to LifeStation's reps and they are all professionals.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have five aneurysms in my head. I had a brain surgery and three of them were clipped. And then I had a stroke. I needed something in case I fell. I have LifeStation's bracelet - they said I was allergic to penicillin. My device works and it's nice because if I fall and I'm wearing it, I can push the button. I fell once and the response was great. The Henderson firefighters were fabulous.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

My daughter was concerned of me falling. I wear my LifeStation and I know that I can hopefully get help when I need it. But the device is heavy around my neck and I would prefer something lighter. Also, sometimes I have a hard time getting the device to recharge. Sometimes I push down on it. I already had that one replaced because I couldn't get it to charge. My device also went off and I had a couple of questions. Those at LifeStation were very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I've been having some stroke lately. I feel better and safer with my LifeStation. It is comfortable.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Having a LifeStation medical alert device made me feel a lot better. While I feel safer, I need some insurance on the device.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My mom was ill for a year, and I’m getting ready to transition out of the house. She’s better now but just in case there is an emergency, I got her the LifeStation unit, which I pay for each month. My mom doesn’t want to wear it because it’s something extra on the body and she says she might accidentally activate it. So, it is a challenge making her wear it. We also had an incident where the unit was not plugged into the wall. So, we had to do something with customer service and they were very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I had fallen at WalMart and found out I had no one. I couldn't turn around. I wanted to make sure that if the same thing happens to me at the park, I could get up. Someone could figure out where I was at. My LifeStation worked pretty good when I can keep it charged. I have set something on it to charge it. But I don't know what's wrong with the thing that it lays on. It wouldn't change if I don't put something on top of it to hold it down. I'm on my third one and they all do it. Other than that, I feel fine with my LifeStation. My son moved in with me, so I feel a little better that he's there. But if I go somewhere alone, I still wanna take my device with me.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Guadalupe fell before here at the house. She got a LifeStation and now, she has it by her side. She also has a bracelet and if anything happens, she can just call for help when nobody's around. Since she got it, I feel more comfortable that she's not alone. LifeStation's reps were also very helpful when I spoke to them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

It's good to have LifeStation. They're doing fine and it's nice to know that I have their button available.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I had a certain stroke last year, and even though I’m completely mobile and have no after effects from anything, my friend just thought it would be a good idea to have a LifeStation because I live by myself. I just have it at home, in case I need assistance at night. My only problem with it is that whenever I push the button just to test it, they call one of my emergency contacts and then my emergency contact would think that there’s something wrong, not knowing what’s going on. But despite that, I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have a problem with falling and I've had LifeStation for about six months. Their reps were helpful and knowledgeable about the products when I ordered it over the phone. But I have a paralyzed hand and it's a big hassle to use. The band that comes with it is hard to attach and I have problems putting it on my wrist.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had broken my hip and my daughter insisted on getting a medical alert device because I'll be here by myself. I got a LifeStation and I feel safer especially when my daughter isn't here. The people at LifeStation have been wonderful. I have knocked my device off quite a few times and when it goes off, they all have been very attentive. My LifeStation device works excellently. I dropped it when I was putting it on the other day, and it wasn't even half a minute and they had alerted me. I'm perfectly happy with LifeStation as it is. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We decided that we better get a LifeStation when I went away for a day and my husband fell and couldn’t get to the phone. He's 86 and I never expected it to happen or I wouldn't have gone away for the day. Thus far, LifeStation has been more affordable and for seniors, their service is very important. It’s a reliable company. Also, their reps have been very nice and they answer all my questions.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've had LifeStation for around a year and it has been nothing but good. I'm alone and my kids said that I'd better get something in case I fall. Then one time I pushed the button and it rang. And instead of them calling me to check if I was okay, they put the word out to all my kids. So I had six kids in a panic which was good. I never had an emergency, and I don’t ever plan to have one but it’s there. If I’m able and I can push it, it’ll be fine but if I’m knocked out, I can’t use it. But overall, I am satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I fell one time, and my girlfriend said I might fall again so I should get LifeStation. I'm 71 now and I also have a heart problem, mitral valve prolapse, and so I got the device just for my apartment upstairs, because downstairs if something happens they're gonna call 911. I live in a senior citizen place, a real nice one where we got security around the clock, although I have fallen twice since I've been here.

I wear my button around my neck and I feel better about my safety having it. It's also comfortable because it's a necklace and it's long. Sometimes, I have it sit next to me and my granddaughter would ask where it is and once I put it around my neck she would feel better about it. I test the button every now and then, and I feel good about the team’s response. They talk to me right away and ask if I’m alright. I would then say I'm okay and that I'm just testing it. They would wish me a good day and then they would hang up. I like it. And so, I've already recommended LifeStation to people here and have told them that if they fall, they just need to press the button around their neck or on their bracelet, and the team would be here.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Brenda used to have issues falling. We got a LifeStation device and we feel more comfortable with it being there because if she falls, we can push the button. The LifeStation team responded very quickly when the button was pressed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I'm raising my young grandkids and I'm disabled. I got a LifeStation medical alert service so in case something happens, the kids would know how easy it is to just push the button. The guy who came to set the system up was a local and he was really nice. LifeStation did a test run to show me when they set it up and to make sure that the unit was working. I've had the device for four months now and while I haven't had to use it yet, knowing that it's there makes me feel a lot better.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a stroke and it left me with a brain disorder and balance disorder. So, my brain doctor advised me to get a medical alert device because of my balance. I fell twice already and they had to come here to our house. I had another system with the Veteran’s, but the contract went out so I got LifeStation. I asked the lady I talked to about the fall balance and the device being waterproof, and I liked that.

I wear my device everywhere I go. I wouldn’t take my device off of me and I got it by my bed at nighttime. I used it once when I fell and someone stayed with me on the phone until the paramedics arrived, which I liked. When they knocked on my door, he stayed until they came into my room then he hung up. He also told me on GPS where they were at, and then on my driveway, and he knew exactly where they were at, and I liked that. LifeStation had good service when it has gone off a couple of times. It was just a couple of seconds and their operator’s on the phone talking to you, seeing if you’re okay. I’ll recommend LifeStation to anyone that has a balance disorder. It can help and they have good and prompt service.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My insurance ordered LifeStation for me. I wear it around my wrist and it hasn't bothered me thus far. I tested the unit recently and their response was fast enough for me. I'm satisfied with my LifeStation device. I'm glad I have it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have shortness of breath when I walk and sometimes, I feel weak. I didn't want to not be able to get in touch with somebody if I fall down, and so I decided to get a medical life alert device. I got LifeStation and with it, I feel more secure. I know I got somebody close by no matter what happens. I like the safety button. It's big, but it's a good device.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Our experience with LifeStation has been all right and I would recommend them. I have the device by my nightstand and don't put it on Thomas because he's fidgety and will mess with the stuff. Having it is good and I've tried to have it by me, in case something happens to me, I can push it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have issues with my back and balance and motor skills. I lose balance a lot and there have been times that I fell and it's really hard for me to get up. My family works, so I stay home alone quite a while. My care coordinator recommended LifeStation. I feel safe having it at home and in case I'm left alone, I would have first responders in the front door and I would be cared for by the medical staff. I could just press my bracelet and it's with me 24/7. If anything happens, I would be put in a stretcher or a neck brace instead of my family trying to move me. In the need of using the services, I know that I would be satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I've been using my LifeStation medical alert device for two years now and I'm satisfied with my experience. It's good for me. I have rheumatoid arthritis and sometimes I fall down and can't stand up for two minutes. I test the device sometimes and LifeStation responds immediately. Their team is friendly and good.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I go outside and I might fall so I thought of having a medical alert device. My home nurse got me Lifestation. I pushed the button one time, but it wasn't an emergency and they responded right away. It was a very good thing and I'd recommend them.

LifeStation expert review by Shelley Webb

For over 30 years, LifeStation has been providing medical alert systems and peace of mind to senior citizens. It is a family-owned company that keeps plans affordable and flexible to fit your needs. LifeStation stands behinds its product with a 30-day money back guarantee.

• 30-day money back guarantee: You can try LifeStation for 30 days to see if it’s right for you. If you’re not satisfied, you can get your money back.

• They have in-house operators: LifeStation In the event of an emergency, the system dials straight to Lifestation’s operators instead of third-party call centers. This feature makes sure you get the attention you need.

• Operator training: To help ensure their customers’ safety, LifeStation sends all operators to a six-week training course designed to improve their handling of remote emergency situations.

• Long battery life: LifeStation’s mobile/GPS device can last up to five days without a charge. Rest assured that your system will still work even if you forget to charge it overnight.

• Two agents for every emergency: If the operator determines that an ambulance or other emergency service is needed, one agent stays on the line with the customer while another agent makes the call. This agent helps you stay calm and gives instruction.

• Available add-ons: Additional stationary wearable button are available with a monthly service fee. You can place extra alert buttons in areas like bathrooms and bedrooms where accidents are more likely to occur.

• Best for: seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
Is LifeStation UL Listed?
Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
What other certifications does LifeStation have?
Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
What are your customer service hours?
You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
How much does your service cost?
Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
Is there a long-term contract with this service?
No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
Are there any installation fees?
Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
What are my billing options and payment methods?
You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
How does LifeStation measure success?
LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information