Call toll free
4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, a feature that is unprecedented in our industry.

Contact them today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $20 a month! Their representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1408 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2019

My husband got my LifeStation for me. If something happens, somebody will be alerted so I feel much better with it. I have tested the button inadvertently and the response that was provided to me was very quick. I’ve been satisfied with LifeStation, so I have no reason to change. I’m happy with what I have and I’d recommend it.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My friend is a real good candidate to fall down and injure himself because he’s using a walker on cobblestone streets. It’s a terrible situation. He's 89 years old and he gets out everyday. He catches buses and travels around Seattle, which is very hilly. I think I made him get the medical alert device for my own good feelings. He didn’t feel he needed the advice. But I got the device so I feel better. I looked at three other guys and LifeStation looked like they were a reasonable operation. When he first he got it, he was always bumping it and LifeStation was calling him up and asking me if he was okay. LifeStation does follow up and I’m satisfied.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My daughters picked out LifeStation for me and I'm really satisfied with it. I have it around my neck and I sometimes dropped it too fast on the table or I leaned on it and it went off, and I got a response right away. Sometimes I think it is a bother, but I wear it to protect myself, for safety. LifeStation gives you more trust and confidence in what you are doing that you know that when it is necessary, you'd have help. I am 94 and I belong to a dance club, and I tell my friends to take something like LifeStation too.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My children thought I should have a medical alert because I have problems with my legs and I live alone in my own home. I go upstairs every day about 10 times and back down again. I do my washing in the cellar and I come up the stairs with a basket. I was getting very wobbly and they were worried. I had used the AARP Magazine and there were a couple I called, and I picked LifeStation. I called them and they didn’t pressure me, and they were a little cheaper than the other ones. The only thing I didn’t like was the $5 extra a month for insurance.

I hang my clothes outside and I have a new way of doing it. I just open the window and the clothesline is right there. A couple of times, I'd press on the windowsill and the thing went off. The calls were answered and the people I spoke with were fine. When I go out with my son or daughters, I'd leave that little thing home. I don’t like to wear that when I'm out because they're there to take care of me. But most of the time, I keep it on. It was a little long and I didn’t like it hanging down so long. I'm kind of short so I put a couple of little knots in it. So far, I haven't had to use it which is a good thing.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My daughters prompted me to get LifeStation. They live out-of-state and would be more comfortable if I had one. When I accidentally pushed the button, LifeStation's response time was great. I wear it on my wrist and having it makes me feel better. I’m glad that it’s available and I'd recommend it to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: March 7, 2019

I’m 84 years old. I have a problem walking and walk with a walker. I needed a medical alert device and got a LifeStation. However, in the beginning, I was having a problem with it because people were taking too long to answer. But lately, the response time has been excellent and the communication with the agent has been very good. However, I’m a little concerned if it would respond if I fall because I was told it depends on how I fall.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We have trouble with the LifeStation equipment constantly. The alarm would go off when I was just sitting down doing nothing, and that happened about five times. They thought maybe the battery was bad but it wasn’t. And about three times, the thing that I wore on my wrist wouldn’t work. I felt it was a waste of money. We called LifeStation and told them that we wanted to cancel, and we’re sending the equipment back this week. The representatives from LifeStation were wonderful. They were really helpful and friendly. They really tried to address the situation and tried to make it better, but they never got it solved. I am also not pleased with the armband. It is big and bulky. I also suggest trying to make the equipment base a little smaller, so that it would fit on a bedside table. It doesn’t fit really well on a bedside table and it takes up most of the room.

Original review: March 5, 2019

LifeStation is one of the best. My sister-in-law was checking into LifeStation for me because I was in rehab and I didn’t have a phone to call her in, and she didn’t want me to come home without one. I feel better having my LifeStation because that first time I fell here, I laid on the floor 18 hours before I ever got any help. My sister-in-law was gonna take me to the doctor, and my leg gave way and I gradually went down. I couldn’t get back up. We needed the paramedics to do it. I just pressed the button, and the rep called them for me. She was right on the line and she was very nice. She was quick, and they got the paramedics here quickly.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I'm doing fine with my LifeStation device. I have it around my neck, and it has gone off about three different times for no reason. One time it went off, and they were at the door. We didn't know what in the world was going on and they said it had gone off. We were in another room and none of us heard it. But other than having a few false alarms, it works great. I live in a condo with my friend and his wife, and we're six floors up. I had fallen a few times in the past and broke some bones. They chose LifeStation for me. And if I would fall, LifeStation would alert them and 911, so it makes me feel really secure with it.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My mother-in-law who lives with is 96 and she walks outside no matter what the weather is. We go to basketball games periodically and we're out of the house, so we wanted something that would get a hold of us in case something happens. I looked on the Internet for medical alert and I got one. I was gonna sign up with that, but LifeStation was over and above the same thing we wanted and it was cheaper so we went with LifeStation instead. My mother-in-law had set off the alert a couple times by mistake and we got calls. Fortunately, I was the first one on the list so I was contacted and I told them that I was here when the alert went off and that there's nothing wrong. So far, LifeStation does what it says it does and so many things.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I read some reviews on a few security device and I always was brought back to LifeStation from the reviews of what people had said. I liked what LifeStation offered. Their support system was in United States and the pricing was fair. My mother had a couple of false alarms and the interaction with them was fine. It was exactly as they explained it to me when I was setting up the account. We were notified by text and by phone when an event occurred even by her mistake of leaning into a counter while she was cleaning dishes. The pendant was a little too low, which we ended up adjusting so it wouldn’t set off a false alarm again. My mother had an episode and she was taken to the hospital. Thank God, she had the life alert. She's now in assisted living, so she does not need anything like that now but I would highly recommend LifeStation.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recommend LifeStation highly because I’m alone here and it’s very easy to take a fall and slip. When I came home from the nursing home, I was afraid to fall again because I had had my third fall. I was alone and although the neighbors were all close to me and I hollered, nobody answered except for that woman way up on the other end. I also have COPD so I felt like I needed something besides that other machine I had. It just took me maybe 50 feet. But this one, I can go anywhere with it. There was also one time that I got a call back and it surprised me because I didn’t even know I had pushed it. I had fallen asleep one nice night and it rolled under me somewhere and I kicked it off. But I like LifeStation. I also feel a lot safer going out now.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have frequent falls, so I thought it’d be best to have a medical alert around in case I need to have someone to call so I purchased a LifeStation. I wear the device around my neck and it is very comfortable for me. I feel secure and if I have any emergency, I just have to click a button and I’m taken care of. There was an instance when I needed to call them and they responded very swiftly, and the emergency team were fast about coming out to help. So, everything worked out well.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I've been having seizures. I got LifeStation and it's been doing real good. It's comfortable. I've been setting it off accidentally by leaning up against stuff and I like the people that’s been giving me a call and making sure I'm okay.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I am diabetic and I've got nerve neuropathy in my feet and hands. Also, I fall when I’m off balance. So, I got a medical alert device. They put the Life Station alert device around your neck, so I don’t usually wear it all the time, but I do that most of the time when my husband is away. I have hit the help button two or three times, but I got no response out of it. I had to call the LifeStation office to find out what was going on and the issue was handled well because they came back in no time. I would tell people that it's a good idea to get a Life Station alert device.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had LifeStation before but I sent it back because I didn't need it. Then I signed up with MedAssist and they wanted me to have one so I signed back on. I really like the medical alert device. Somebody came out when I fell on the floor in a summer afternoon and I couldn't get back up because of my knees so it was good to have it. I've used it twice for an emergency and LifeStation was very prompt, courteous and efficient. I was very pleased. The only thing was that I had to shorten the cord because it was way too long. When I'm out in the kitchen getting this and that, the cord is swinging around and whacking on things, and the device goes off accidentally so I did that. Also, my bed is right by where I put the device so that I don’t flick it off accidentally while I’m laying on it. If someone is considering getting a LifeStation, I'd tell to go ahead and get it. You’ll be glad you did.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've had my LifeStation device for about two years and right now, it’s sitting on my little table next to my chair. It's within reach if I need it. I had a stroke and I needed something that would allow me to sit around and can call help. That was the reason I got it. I accidentally pressed the device once but I got it shut off real quickly and when they contacted me, I told them it was an accident.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

LifeStation is very good and mother-in-law is very happy with it. She just turned 92 and is living on her own. She originally tried the one on her arm, but she kept setting it off by accident. She loves the one you wear around the neck though. She wears it everywhere, including in the shower. LifeStation's response when it goes off has been immediate. They call me instead of the hospital whereas, Life Alert won’t call the people. That’s one thing why I didn’t do Life Alert. My mother-in-law always falls on her butt and gets stuck and Life Alert automatically calls the hospital and 911 when she doesn’t need it. She just needs help. She’d recommend LifeStation.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have a LifeStation device that I wear around my neck and it's driving me crazy. Every time I turned around, I was hitting it and if I leaned over, it would hit something. I was always setting it off and people would call me. I have to tell the reps that it was just an accident. Eventually, I took it off and stopped wearing it. I couldn't stand the necklace and I would rather have the one for the wrist. Still, as far as working, the LifeStation is fine.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My father lives alone and he is 94 years old and very unstable on his feet. He needs some monitoring or the opportunity, at least, to be able to contact people quickly and get some help. He has used the Lifestation a couple of times and it’s good to have it. It has helped his sense of security. However, he's very resistant to push the button and call somebody. But that's probably more about his sense of independence than anything else. The device gives me much better security as his son especially not living with him and knowing he needs it.

The only challenge is that the device is in his bedroom, and if he was very far away from it, he would not be able to talk to the person in another room. He probably wouldn’t be able to hear them well enough to be able to respond to them. So, they would just have to send somebody anyway assuming that it was worse than it might be. But that’s just him. That’s not necessarily the box. If the box is in the middle of the house, plugged in, in the very center of the house, that might help that situation. But there's no telephone jack right there. I don't know if it would help if LifeStation to initiate putting the device into a test. That might be something that could be done. But my experience with them is very good. Every time we've talked or tested, it's been good. Their response time is very good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

LifeStation was a very good thing for us to have. My husband who is now deceased had to use it a couple of times. Everything went well and the response we got from them was fine.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My wife had a stroke so I wanted her something to wear and could contact help if she needed it. I got to LifeStation's website one morning when I got to work and within 20 minutes, I had a callback from Allan, their rep. I asked him questions about pricing and how the device works. He told me that he could hold up a spot for me because I told him that I wanted to talk to my wife first about ordering it. He added though that I gotta give him my credit card information so I did. He also said that was the special value that day only. A few days later, the medical alert device showed up on my door with a bill.

Allan seemed to be more interested in making a sale than helping me solve the issue. And because of what he did, we sent the device back and I had to pay an additional month. I had to pay twice for something my wife never used. I called LifeStation about it and they said that I gave them my credit card number so I must have agreed to it. But I never ordered the device. Given my experience, if I opted to do business with another company, I would not give them my credit card information until I was sure I was gonna make a purchase.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I live in an area where cell tower coverage is spotty. I wander around in the rural areas a fair amount, and I didn’t wanna fall or get myself in a predicament and not have any way of yelling for help. One of the things that seemed to be the crucial point was that so far, I’ve been able to contact the LifeStation service from wherever I was, including the dead zones.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I'm 90 years old and I've had my LifeStation device for about a year now. So far, my experience has been all right. I wear it a good bit but I have fallen several times and it didn’t go off. And then, I hit it on my grocery buggy and it went off. Undoubtedly, you got to hit something to mash that button to make it go off. Right now, I'm trying to make up my mind on whether to keep it or change it. The price is too much and I'm unhappy with it. I find that I can get a medical alert cheaper somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I will recommend LifeStation 'cause if I fall down and I push that device, someone will be coming. In the past, I would call my boyfriend for help and he would have to drive all the way from another town to come home. Now, I have my LifeStation but I don't always have it on, which is my mistake. But if I go with the dogs outside, or if I'm going out to the mall or taking the trash to the road, I always make sure I have it with me. Also, the customer service has been really great. In fact, when I went on to Social Security, they lowered the price for me 'cause I couldn't afford it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We thought that my husband needed a medical alert device if he fell. But he doesn't have the LifeStation device now since he's not out by himself and so he doesn't need it anymore. But when he had it, he accidentally set it off many times. Also, he had an emergency once when he fell backwards, but the device did not go off. That happened in a parking lot and the lady next to us saw it, so she called the paramedics and they came. Other than that, the LifeStation device was okay when he had it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

After my husband died, I’m here by myself and my kids don’t live really close. I had fallen a time or two and I thought it was time I had a LifeStation. I test it every month and my interaction with their team has been very good. I feel a lot safer now that I can call somebody if I fall and I’m not able to get up. I feel like somebody’s right here at hand. I recommended LifeStation.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My dad lives alone, he uses a walker and he has an orthopedic boot. We were always afraid he would fall. I ordered the LifeStation for him and we have had no problems with it. When we called to do tests, there were no issues at all.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My husband passed away in January and being out here alone, the kids thought that I should have a medical alert device. I got the LifeStation last April of 2018 and in the beginning, I was wearing it at night. But I was having trouble with it around my neck, so my son fixed it for my wrist. I wore it during the night again but one morning, I must have rolled on it and it woke me up at about 8:00 o’clock. I answered the phone and it was their rep who said that my alarm had gone off.

Then one time, when I was outside pulling weeds, it went off. But there was nothing around except weeds and I couldn't have hit it against anything. I can’t even imagine how it would have gone off while I was just in the yard pulling weeds. My son even called an ambulance because the device couldn't get me. I was too far away and I didn't hear the phone in the house. In the end, I called 911 and they were just getting ready to send somebody. So at least nobody came out. But everything went the way it should. At another time, I hit the device on the washer when it was on the bar in my kitchen. So it seems to go off easily and I felt bad because my kids were being notified and they’d be calling. I was getting tired of it but they said that at least they know that the LifeStation works. The last month has been okay though because I haven’t been wearing it. I have it in my walker bag and that's with me all the time. Then I just put it on my nightstand at night.

Other than that, everybody at LifeStation has been very nice. The people that answered and asked if I needed help were super and everything went the way it should. My neighbor across the street who’s older than me also had a LifeStation before me and when he was having a heart attack, the device was wonderful for him. He called then they sent an ambulance out right away and everything was fine. So if somebody wants the service, I would recommend it. Plus, the LifeStation makes my kids feel better, so I keep it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My mother is 90 and she fell at the time, so we looked into getting a medical alert device for her and the LifeStation device was what we had. When I was messing with it, I accidentally pressed the button and set the alarm off. But we didn't really care for it. I thought it was more like a cellphone and she could just press a button and talk into a little thing from her neck if she was out in the yard and fell. But the device was in the kitchen and she wouldn’t be able to hear the LifeStation team and they wouldn’t be able to hear her either unless she was near the kitchen so I didn’t see the point. The device was great, but it didn’t make any sense to me that you had to be within shouting range of it. It would be perfect if you live in a small apartment, but my mother lives in an average, Grade 2 house. We only had the device for a month and the reps were great when we called to return it.

LifeStation expert review by Shelley Webb

Pay as little as $1 per day for a traditional, in-home medical alert system or a mobile with GPS option. All plans come with 24/7 monitoring and customer service to ensure quick response times.

• Lifestyle solutions: Choose between in-home and mobile GPS monitoring to better suit you or your loved one’s lifestyle. Automatic fall detection can also be added to your plan.

• No long-term contract: Receive service on your terms, and end it when you need to.

• Free shipping: Have your device shipped directly to your home for free.

• 30-Day money-back guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with your device, you can return the equipment within 30 days of purchase to receive a refund.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
Is LifeStation UL Listed?
Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
What other certifications does LifeStation have?
Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
What are your customer service hours?
You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
How much does your service cost?
Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
Is there a long-term contract with this service?
No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
Are there any installation fees?
Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
What are my billing options and payment methods?
You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
How does LifeStation measure success?
LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information