toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter bought me a Jitterbug Touch but I'm old and I like my old phone. It was a flip phone and it was small. Jitterbug was a little big and a little heavy. Still I went on with it and use it when I need it. I've gotten used to Jitterbug. It's easy to use and nice enough. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Blackberry but I wanted a smartphone so I bought a Jitterbug Touch cell phone. Their monthly payment is all right. I've had it now for nine months and I'm still learning how to use it. I taught myself but I haven't mastered it yet. I learned how to find Pandora Music since I liked that app and I also like being able to see my emails. Overall, the Jitterbug cell phone is all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Jitterbug Touch is working fine and it's good to have it. I saw it in a newspaper and bought it because it was inexpensive. It's also an inexpensive way to have a telephone. I use it to call and use the calculator. Jitterbug Touch makes me feel like I've learned a little bit more about technology. I'm very satisfied with it and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm going to be 92 and my hearing is not good. I still drive and when I go in the car, I needed to have a phone I could carry with me so that I could call my family if I needed them. In the ads, they kept saying it was simple so I ordered the Jitterbug Smart myself. My son-in-law set it up and it is easier to call my family. He put all their names on it. If I call my daughter Pam in Texas, it will say, "Pam" and then it will say "Pam Call". And then if I enter, it will say "Call home" "Call work". It will call wherever she might be and I can punch that in. And then the family uses the camera a lot because my grandson in Chicago had a baby and they can send that.

It's working great but it's not very loud. If I call someone and then they answer, the tone is very low and I can hardly hear them. There are two buttons. I turn it on and off using the button on the side and the other one is supposed to control the tone when I push it up or down but it doesn't do anything. But it has a very clear instruction book and I should get it out. I learned a lot from the book and that's what I'll do. Other than that, I would recommend Jitterbug. My payment is on my bank account every month and it's easier and I chose that one because it was simple.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an Android from Consumer Cellular before, but I switched to Jitterbug Touch. It has everything that I wanted. It has the biggest screen and also has medical alert service for safety purposes. I'm diabetic, and I depend on it in case I would run into trouble.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted it for emergencies if I'm out on the road or something like that. It does anything you'd want from it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband is old and can't figure out cell phones. He had one of the little flip phones with tiny little buttons on it and he's got big fat fingers. I thought the Jitterbug would be a nice option for him and I went with a smartphone because I was trying to get him a little updated with the rest of the world. However, it wasn't a good idea. I recorded my voice saying "Text message" and put that on his phone as he was never hearing the little ding that it would do when he'd get a text message. It would just start shouting out "Text message," and then it would say, "Star 86" which would call voicemail when he'd hit it but there was never a voicemail there. It just went off constantly, like every few minutes and it will still start going like that even after he would read the messages. I tried to tell him that it kept reminding him because he's not reading or listening to his messages.

My brother-in-law who's a techie guy tried to figure out what was going on with the phone. When he got done with it, I couldn't turn the phone off or do anything. It would shout and tell what button I was touching but the button wouldn't do anything. When my finger started tapping six times on the off button, the phone finally got to shut off. It just went wacky on me. My brother-in-law showed up and he had another phone that he had refurbished. Then the boys just went on to Walmart and got a new phone. I called and canceled the Jitterbug service and the lady was real nice about it. My mother got a Jitterbug flip phone too. She's 90 years old and she doesn't have a problem with it. It's the one with those bigger buttons and that's probably what I should have gotten for my husband. But he's getting better with this other phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Jitterbug Touch because it has big keys, and is bigger than the regular phone. I got it after my husband passed away. However, I'm paying $48 for it, which is high as I don't use it often because I have a bit of a hard time seeing it due to my bad eyes. But it's still nice to have it in emergency situations. I was glad I have it when our house phone went out here not long ago and I didn't know how I was going to get a word to anyone to get it done. I had this phone and so I called the next door neighbor and she got the phone fixed for me. It's a nice phone and I would recommend it to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine from church told me about Jitterbug. She really liked hers and it was reasonable. I wanted my husband to have one and he wanted one that he could get on the internet with. The customer service team at Jitterbug helped set it up. The phone is nice and the picture quality is really good. My husband goes off a lot on the four-wheeler or in the tractor and at least now he has a phone and I can keep up with him. I've recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug Smart is a good little phone. I have a friend that had the regular flip phone before I got the Smart. They are happy with theirs so I thought I'd try. I thought everything in the Jitterbug Touch was going to be in larger print and it's why I purchased it. I pay $47 a month and it has a medical alert service. I'm fine with it 'cause there might come a time when I would feel good having it. I'd recommend it to somebody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a lot of trouble with the computer and thought the smartphone would be easier. I wouldn’t have to be dragging it out all the time and I could learn things little by little. I had a prepaid flip phone that I use for emergency call outs, and if I was away from home, I could get a call on it. That’s what I'm doing with Jitterbug right now. I like the flip top, but the smartphone is not bad either. For what I use it for, it works fine. I still have trouble with a lot of it, but I have kids who can show me some of the other stuff. Every once in a while, we come up with something that I wanna do. When my son was adopting a dog and wanted pictures of the backyard, I had trouble with the camera and called somebody from customer service to help me. He was patient and took me step by step, but I didn't finish and had to cancel because my son was calling back on the other phone.

The camera was fine and my son showed me how to take pictures, but at my age, when I’m shown me how to do something, I need to write it down in a way that I understand, so that next week, if I wanted to do it, I could get my little notes and figure it out. Unless I do something over and over, it doesn’t stick all that great. The one thing I like on my son’s phone is he presses something where he talks to Siri and he’ll get answers to his question. Jitterbug has something that I can press and I’ll get a printed answer sometimes on different things, but they don’t have that little gal that talks to you and tells you what you need to know.

I have a lot of other things I’m doing around the house and learning about the phone is not on the top of the list. I still have their book and when I have time, I plan to learn it a little better than I know now. In the meantime, it covers making and receiving calls, and it also has their emergency thing on it if I fall. GreatCall is the same company. I had them before without the phone, and then I dropped it because I figured I could use the little free phone. I could go almost as fast on that to get help. I dropped my phone one time and I must have hit the button because I automatically got somebody on who asked what my emergency was and I had to tell them it was a mistake. I realized how fast they come on and it was good. Overall, I'm pleased with them for now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was informed that Jitterbug Touch phone was simple for older people so I got one. The reading aspect of it was fine but the phone didn't always seem to fall into places like I had hoped it would. It was a not too good experience with the Jitterbug phone.

Jitterbug Smart

Barbara, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. Once outside of the 30-day return period, no refund it due, you can however, sell or gift your Jitterbug Smart to someone else.

Original review: July 7, 2017

The Jitterbug looks like it would be easy to use and they said it was easy to use. It has all those big things on the phone of it and I thought, "Oh, this looks just like what a 75-year old woman who's got some memory problems needs." So, I bought it anyway. I didn't use it very often. I was on Republic Wire on this and I was having a problem with that phone. I just got that straightened out today.

I just didn't like the Jitterbug wireless and they wouldn't give my money back either. I past the 30-day turnaround time already. If they look at how much I used it though, they would've given me my money back. I canceled my service and I just have it sitting there. The first thing I didn't like when I started, is when I wanted to put another number in. Somebody called and I want to put their number in my contacts. Other phones that I've had when you get a call, there's a little emoji and then it puts the number in and then you put the name in. This doesn't have one. You have to go to the contact list and do all that other stuff. I thought that's kind of strange that they advertise it as being so easy to use and yet, this is more difficult. I didn't like the size of it too. It was too big. And I just didn't mind that that's easy to use.

Jitterbug Smart

Maryanne, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Touch3 smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. For information on using your phone, you can view how to videos on YouTube, search “GreatCall Touch3” and click on the video you want to watch. You can also call Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm, Pacific Time, Monday-Saturday, from another phone or email customerservice@greatcall.com, please keep in mind there is a 2-business day turnaround time for email correspondence.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My daughter brought the Jitterbug Touch for me but she should've consulted me a little bit more. All I needed the phone for was if I went out and I needed to get a taxi but other than that, I really I don’t use it. I tried to call the taxi service to come pick me up after my doctor's appointment, and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I sat there and cried like a silly fool. And then I went to one of the offices and a lady helped me and the taxi came.

The Jitterbug is a fancy phone, and it does a lot of stuff but I don't know how to use it. My daughter sends me pictures and I get them but the next time I go in, they're gone and I don't know how to get them back. She also told me that we can text, but I also don't know how and the letters are too small. I pay every month for the service I don’t use because I don’t know what's gonna happen if you don’t pay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug Touch advertisement made it look like it’s easy to use but I don’t think it's that easy. First of all, I don’t like the internet. I’m not on it or on Facebook. But it’s not the phone, it’s me. I like my dual SIM phone. I tried the camera as well but it wasn’t for me. I’m not using the phone and I can’t see paying that money every month for something I’m not using. And that’s exactly what it’s doing. It’s just sitting there. Whenever I can, I could cancel it. But they told me they couldn’t shut it off and I had to wait until the 7th. But my interaction with their team was fine. I’m keeping my phone if I decide to change my mind in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard someone else who had a Jitterbug and liked it, so I thought I’d try it. I don't use a phone a lot but I liked what I had with it. I had a heart attack on the 6th and was in the hospital. We had company off and on but I lost my phone. I’ve looked all over the house. I went through every box, every bag, every drawer, at least four times. I’m bound and determined, it’s going to be somewhere but I cannot find it. I was for looking for it because I kept getting the bills. I don’t think any company took it because I’ve got the box with the instructions, the other parts and everything that goes with it, but I don’t have the phone. I can’t do any delving on the features right now. I have no problem with the price of the phone every month but I hate to get the bill every month.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I switched from a Jitterbug flip to their smartphone, the Jitterbug Touch. I could never hear very well on the Jitterbug and it's still hard for me to text because I'm not used to it. I'm always hitting the wrong letter but that's me, not the phone. The phone is nothing fancy, not an iPhone but for an older person, it's excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Aside from needing another phone, price was also a consideration for getting a Jitterbug Touch. I've had several cellphones and I like the Jitterbug phone. So far, my Jitterbug phone has been okay for me for what I use it for. It's more beneficial for my work because I work outside a lot, and it's been very helpful in that respect. Also, there are good features on it that I didn't have before.

It's a good phone for people that are up in their years and don't understand a lot of it. It's complicated for some people, but it's fairly easy to operate for me, although there are times when I'm not operating it quite well because my finger touches some things. But otherwise, everything seems to be doing okay. I just happen to be not real knowledgeable. There are a few features available on it that I can use that I don't know quite how to operate. I'm still learning some on it because I don't have time to sit down and figure all of it out, but my brother-in-law is a technician, so he helps me a lot. All in all, I would recommend Jitterbug Touch.

Jitterbug Smart

Renee, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available. We offer a variety of tools to assist our Customer in using the smartphone. Enclosed with the phone is the User, (also available on the phone), a how-to DVD, which can also be view on YouTube or GreatCall’s 100% U.S. based Customer Service to answer your questions. The 5Star Urgent Response service is a one touch application on the phone that can be added on the screen for easy access. -GreatCall Operations

Original review: July 2, 2017

Terrible experience with this new smartphone. I received a "new" smartphone that had texts on it, Google "bloat-ware", and I returned it the day after I received it. I spent almost a full hour asking questions before I purchased it. The other issues I had with it, was it was HEAVY, difficult to switch views like go from phone to e-mail, and I had to have a bazillion passwords. I had a set of passwords for the account, and one for the phone. I bought the "5" key with it that was a medical alert, or emergency button, and I had separate customer numbers for that. Too much to remember when you really need help, and are under pressure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the same cellphone for many years then my cousin bought and sent me a Jitterbug phone as a gift. It does a lot more things than my old cellphone. I’m not really a computer person, so it took a little getting used to on my part and I was always looking up things in the manual. But I like it! I can take pictures with it and do all different things that I didn’t do much with the other phone I had. I’m still learning about it and my daughter-in-law was helping me. She had taken pictures of the children and she was putting a whole bunch of them on the phone for me which was very nice so I could look at them whenever I want. It was a little bit above my comprehension because I was never into it that much. My husband had the computer and he sat in front of it all the time, but that wasn’t for me.

Little by little I’m getting to do things. I have some part-time jobs, I'm busy, and I'm watching the grandkids a couple of days a week so it’s not bad. I'm 80 years old and not a youngster but if I had more time to myself, I’d probably learned a little faster. Their customer service reps were very good and helpful. I am more confident and up to date with everything going on. I can check now and take pictures which I didn’t do with my other phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old and I needed to be concerned about the possibility of needing some emergency help. I've read about Jitterbug Touch in the AARP monthly newsletter and I bought it because it has the 5Star emergency call on it. I didn't have the ability to text with the previous phone, and now I can. It's also more convenient than folding up a phone and it is serving my needs adequately. However I don't use my phone all that much. I called their customer service and to revise my level of service which was unlimited calls and texts. The experience has been satisfactory and they were knowledgeable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had a medical issue or concern and I bought a Jitterbug Touch for his Christmas. He had like four phones before including a sim phone, two iPhones and one of those MetroPCS basic phones. They were all touchscreen phones and all of them were very confusing. There’s too much you could do. But the Jitterbug was user-friendly, has good tutorial services, has all the apps loaded in an easy to follow way, it’s no cluttered information, and has emergency services options.

He uses it every day. He plays music now, searches the web and he was able to accidentally have the ambulance call him. They responded within a few seconds. The guy even said that they could see where he was and asked if he needed anything and if everything was okay. My husband explained to them it was a mistake. He also called me to apologize and I told him to not do that again. It can be very expensive for us. It works and the phone service is really good. I wanted another one but they don’t come in red or any of the color. My mom doesn’t want a black cell phone. It was just too hard to see. Also, I have to improvise and get a screen protector for it. At least, I was able to get a company to do a screen protector for it.

But the team at Jitterbug has not been very good. I’ve called about multiple things and I've never been able to get answers. From getting help putting in phone numbers into and trying to make sure that I’m not having a problem making a long distance call. But every time I call, I never really got to customer service and it was extremely frustrating especially when that phone should be with the certain type of service that people aren’t familiar with. I should be able to call customer service and they could walk me through it but that area is lacking. I almost cancelled it and pay whatever fee it is for the cancellation but I thought it will get better over time. Still, I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Smart is good to have if you’re out and have trouble, mostly because of the larger photo area that you could see. However, I don’t find any phone easy to use and they’re very aggravating to me, but I can understand the Jitterbug’s manual.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Another older family member was using the initial Jitterbug and recommended it. But when I went over to their store, I decided getting the Touch rather than the initial. It was my attempt to being modern and safe. My two little grandchildren enjoy using it and I continue to use it at a more modest elderly level. It's very good and I feel safer having it. It more than meets my needs and it's comforting. With my Jitterbug Touch, it's very easy for me to keep in touch with the family. The touch system works well and the pictures that I received on it are fine. There are other additions like the brain games and they could be fun but my responsibility at home is such that I don't have the opportunity to do those things. I've also been in contact with Jitterbug's customer service team three times and they're available and as professional as they could be. I'm glad I made the choice and I'm very satisfied with my Jitterbug. I also recommend it highly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a flip phone and wanted to upgrade it. It was given to me by my son and he was paying for it. I'm a senior citizen and I don’t have a whole lot of money so I went with Jitterbug Touch because of the price. I enjoy Jitterbug. It is a nice phone and I like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was choosing between Jitterbug Touch and Consumer Cellular but I liked the idea of the 5Star with Jitterbug. So no matter where I am, I can get help if I push the 5Star. It's always nice to know that I have that. I called their customer service for the setup and they gave me some steps that I had to do that’s on the phone. Once I got that done, the phone said "call" so I called customer service again and they continued to set up the phone for me. That’s where I set up my passwords, etc. It was a very easy process and the phone is self-explanatory. When I push the button for it to come on and I unlock it, all the information is on the left side of the screen. It says phone, text messages, camera, photo album, urgent care. I can call in if I push the 5Star button.

The other phones, I have to go in and search, and try to figure out how to get to where I want to go. With Jitterbug, it's all laid out right there. I've been recommending Jitterbug. It's inexpensive but I have everything that the expensive Galaxy7s and 8s have. Why spend $750 for a phone when Jitterbug is less expensive and it has everything? The only thing I haven't tried yet though is putting my phone on Bluetooth through the car. Would I push something on the car or would I still push the red star on my phone in order to get the 5Star activated? I could push a button and talk to somebody, but everybody in the car can hear the conversation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch is bigger and easier to hold. When I was first trying to get started with it, I called Jitterbug's customer service and I had a couple of questions. They spent a long time with me on the phone answering everything the best they could. I could not get it to shut off, and it was because I would hold it too long instead of just tapping it. The phone seems kind of complicated though and I don’t use it a whole lot. I'm older and I've never had a cell phone so it's all new stuff with me. But I like the Google on it for different questions. We use it to get directions to places, etc. I'm very satisfied with the parts of my Jitterbug Touch that I use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like my experience with Jitterbug. It's much better than my old phone and it's a lot easier to use. But I’m not one that uses it a whole lot. I use it just to make a call once in a while or my daughter checking with me but I've started using it a little bit more than I used to. Also once in a while, I’ll pull up the internet and look at something on that or google something. Overall, my experience with Jitterbug has been excellent and I'm going to stay with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a smartphone before but I couldn’t operate it very well. I read a Jitterbug ad in an AARP magazine that said it was made for seniors and since I am a senior, I decided to try it. I like it, though I don’t play with it like a lot of people do. I basically call people and answer calls with it. I don’t know how to use part of what's on it plus my plan doesn't have enough data that I can fool around with without racking up a bill. One time I was using too much data and I couldn’t understand why when I was just calling and answering calls. I called their customer service team and they were able to tell me how to clear certain things off the phone so that it wasn’t using that much. They’ve always been able to help me. Overall, I'm satisfied with their service and their customer service team.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I replaced my phone I had for years, I got a phone that had tiny letters and I couldn’t text with it. So, I wanted one that was larger and easier to use. The Jitterbug Touch phone is 100% better. I bought it mostly for when we’re out on the road. I’m rural and I live in a valley, so we don’t get service at our home. But I didn’t have a good experience with their reps. When I bought the phone at Best Buy in the nearby shopping mall, the rep set it up for $45 a month. Since there were times that I've never used the phone the whole month, I called GreatCall and they said they would give me the $9.95 plan. But they didn’t change my plan. It’s been two months since I've had it that I haven’t even used it.

I got a new bill yesterday and I’ve called the month before. It’s unnecessary to pay $45 for when I only need the $9.95 which the man told me he was setting it up for me. I’m going to call them again, but it’s hard to get through to them because it’s either you're put on hold or you're told to call another time because there's so much volume of calls. But other than that, it's been great with Jitterbug Touch. I like the phone and I have recommended it to different people.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile