toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Jitterbug a couple of years ago and I liked it. It was the small, regular phone and it was so much simpler and easier to use. All of a sudden, my son got me a Jitterbug Touch and it gets a little complicated sometimes. I could e-mail, text and do all that stuff with it but I don't understand all that. However I want it because of the 5Star button. I have to carry the phone around all the time ‘cause I need it for the medical alert button. Otherwise, everything else is all right with it.

I wanted a new life alert wearable for my mom that would work anywhere. So, I purchased the Jitterbug smart phone and the new Lively wearable from Sears. It says on the product box "must be used with a smart phone and smart phone must be within 150 ft of device". However, the Lively device does not work with Great Call's Jitterbug smart phone. No one tells you that until you call to activate the lively device. Great Call says they are working on it, but don't have a time frame. So I spent a few days teaching my mom how to use her new Jitterbug smart phone. She may like the phone, but we are totally disappointed in the overall purchase because now I have a wearable that doesn't work... yet or possibly if ever. For now will keep her life alert system and see if she likes her new smart phone and is able to use it. Big Fluffy Bummer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don't understand how to use Jitterbug Touch. Like the other day, we were doing something and we realized that it was writing and we were talking to it. We didn't know it did that. I'm 83 and the main reason I got it was because I wanted to learn to use apps because I know I'm gonna have to use Uber and I haven't tried to do that. It should be simpler. I take it out and try to make sure it's off and it never works. I can be in a terrible emergency and it wouldn't work because it just always runs down. I also don't know how to take pictures.

I thought that the medical alert feature was gonna be easy for old people and something that I could learn and use and it wasn't as simple as I thought. Those little symbol, that run across the top, I never learned what they meant. And when your eyes are bad, you can't even see tiny things that well. I'm not sure if I would recommend it to any old person.

My husband's a little bit more tech savvy than I am and I try to get him to learn to use it but he doesn't know it either and he used to be a computer programmer. The way he understands the simple thing of turning it on and off, if he hits the side button once and releases it, it's not completely off. But if he pushes and holds it for a couple of seconds, then it completely turns off. If he does it again, it turns back on.

I finally knew how to make and receive phone calls. We have trouble getting on the Internet and frankly, we don't understand what's required. We can do a few things but we're not getting the full range of what it can do. I've had it almost a year now and I haven't learned it. I wish they would make it a little bit easier for everyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch was easy. I don't use the phone like a younger person, it's not attached to my ear every minute of the day. It's just there in case something happens or I need it. Their customer service people were very good, especially when I first got the phone. They helped me out with my questions. I'm very satisfied with Jitterbug. If somebody would ask me to switch, I'd probably say no.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would recommend Jitterbug Smart. It's helpful although I don't use it that much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a different phone before Jitterbug but it finally gave out after a few drops. Dialing on Jitterbug is better than that old phone though. However I'm not using the Jitterbug phone as much as I thought I would, I only used it once or twice in between billings. I think it's because of the casing. The rubber case on one side is okay but it's a darn nuisance having to push around to get the phone started. The casing also doesn't cover the other side of the phone from scratches.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug is fine. I found out about it through an AARP bulletin and I like their pricing, however I'm hardly using it. I just keep it on hand so it's a stand-by thing for me. But, I've loved being in contact with customer service. I'm happy with the arrangement, in general.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The low price was why I got a Jitterbug phone. I also liked how it worked and that it has bigger buttons on it. Actually, I want to get a small, hand-held Jitterbug phone for my husband, too. It's been really beautiful with Jitterbug. It was very easy to get processed and done. I had service the same day that I got it. Their customer service was awesome. We were with US Cellular before, but they were charging me way too much. My Jitterbug works just as good as my previous phone did. The only problem that I don't like is that I have to charge it everyday.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a cellular connection that was as inexpensive as I could obtain since I make and receive very few phone calls, and I get my email on my computer and don't use all of a phone's extra features. I like the Jitterbug phone a great deal and I tell everybody about it. I also like the company, they're wonderful people. They have helped me in situations where I got confused in the use and they were gracious. I'm an assistant at a living facility where there are older people and they're a bit afraid of cellphones. They don't have cellphones and I tried to persuade a few of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a plain little phone and I wanted something more. I got Jitterbug and its medical feature was important. I enjoy the phone and I have learned how to take pictures and see those pictures. Then I learned how to text but lately I hadn't been able to do it so I'll start all over again. My son paid for the thing to wear around my neck. One time, I fell in the yard, but I do feel safer with a cellphone so I can get help. I have it close to me. In addition, the customer service team called and I asked them how to get rid of the texts off the phone and they told me and I did it. They were real nice and they told me exactly how to do it.

However, the phone is complicated to me and I've been trying to get on Google and wifi and I hadn't been able to do it. I also didn't know how to make a video but when a friend was over one day, I made a video and didn't know I was making it. We have laughed and laughed about that. I pressed something and it started videoing and it's really funny.

First I am constantly worried about overage fees, I Apr day have to pay $30.00 more a month than I did with my prepaid phone and that at least had unlimited data. Every time I want to use my phone I have to enter a password, as it won't allow me to use necessary applications without a locked screen activated. In writing this review I have had to back up and force it to accept what I was writing. This isn't spell check, this is word changing. Really the only thing I like about this phone is the screen size.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was upset with my other carrier and I've starting looking for something that wasn't as complicated as their phones were. So, I got a Jitterbug Touch. It's simpler than my old phone and it's working.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought my Jitterbug in Best Buy and though it has older technology, it was shiny, nice, and new. However, I'm not crazy about my Jitterbug. I've had lots of phones and I usually adapt pretty well to them. But with Jitterbug, I've found greater difficulties than usual. I find that I end the call without me touching anything but then the phone calls them back, which I'm very frustrated with. Also, I have to swipe the green line five or six times to answer a call and lots of times it just cuts off the call. I don't know if it's because I'm a little older so my finger gets smoother or if this phone wants something gravelly to go over it. I just feel like I need to sit down with somebody. Maybe I need to go to Best Buy and have them work with me a bit. I haven't even signed up for the health care stuff.

I like this concept of GreatCall and was impressed with it. Though I don't take pills thus don't need reminders, I live in the city and do a lot of walking since I've gotten rid of my car. If I fall sometime in the middle of winter on ice and there's nobody around, I could hit a button and they can find me. That's why I went with them. Also, I don't know if I would have gone with it had I not thought that John Walsh, who's on the board of GreatCall, was doing good work with the company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a Jitterbug due to its simplicity. I don't need video, music, movies, and all that games. I just wanted something simple that would do what I wanted. I had a Cat phone before but I really like this Jitterbug phone. The emergency medical feature is a good component of the phone. I've recommended it to other people for that reason, though I don't use that feature. The keyboard is also not that much bigger than other things. Plus, I'm finding the use of the camera a little bit awkward compared to an iPhone due to the controls and buttons. The purpose of so many cellphones is to keep adding more bells and whistles to appeal to more people. For someone like myself, I use my computers for all those things. For my phone, I want it to do the real working things I need it to do, so the Jitterbug is absolutely perfect. It meets all my needs for keeping in touch with people, sharing photographs, and using Facebook. It's really excellent and I've shown it to a lot of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a cellphone I hated because it was too small, had dropped calls, and didn't fit my needs. I got Jitterbug Touch and it was larger, easier to read, and it's also simple. I'm still learning the phone. I have tried to set up a different ringtone for email and text messages, so I know one from the other. And I haven't figured that out yet. It's in the book but I haven't had time to fiddle around with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I are old and I was concerned of her being separated as much as we are. We use our Jitterbug phones primarily for emergency reasons, but I have also used it to talk to my son who's 340 miles away. I've got names of my contacts so I can call them at the push of a button and that's helped me a whole lot. My wife does most of the driving so when she goes away from home and I'm here, she carries the phone with her so we can stay in contact. I'm not using it to the extent that I can but I'm trying to learn how.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Jitterbug Touch from AARP magazine and I wanted to get it for the medical alert button on it. I've got a phone for message purpose and it's not something that I use everyday although it helps when I need to send a text message. The Jitterbug customer service team answered my question ok when I first bought the phone but the guy who sold me the phone told me I was authorized a free phone. Then when I went to get my free phone, they said I had to pay $50 for it. So I said, "They're greedy." I might keep it, I might not keep it. Also, I live out in the country and my reception and hearing aren't all that great. Sometimes I can't make calls or send a text message.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch is expensive, but I really like the phone. I got it for the extra minutes that I thought I was having. However, we've had some medical problems here and I'm going to call them and see if I could get it a little cheaper. I don't use it a lot. I take it with me when I travel to call AAA or whatever I need to do. I sure would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Jitterbug for its competitive pricing and the medical deal. However, sometimes when people call me, I don't get the call, so I've been thinking about going back to the cheaper phone. I don't use my Jitterbug that much for everything but I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my Jitterbug since February and I love everything about it. I had AT&T before and their rates were not as good as the Jitterbug smartphone. Then when we called AT&T, we had to go through so many changes to get someone. The only time that I'd have to call Jitterbug was when I misplaced my book. I've been too busy but I need my book to learn how to retrieve a call when I'm on another call. Those are a few features on there. When I called Jitterbug for help, they were right there for me. The whole service is excellent. I also love the way the bill comes out and it explains everything. There's not a lot of four or five sheets telling me things I don't understand. It's very explanatory. All in all, I'm totally satisfied with Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch is a little bit bulky, which is my only objection with the phone. I purchased it for its medical alert feature and competitive price. I also had an excellent experience with the Jitterbug Touch customer service team.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug's price seemed reasonable and that's important for an elderly. I always have it with me when I leave the house though I don't use it a lot. I'm a little hard of hearing, but I can hear alright on it. I like how a person can take good pictures with it. I haven't been up on the second floor of the house for a couple of years because of my arthritis, but my daughter went up and took pictures up and down, so I could see how it was looking up there, and that was helpful. However, I have to plug the phone in every night or every other night. It's not perfect, but it's better than my previous one. It's a little bigger, so the keys are bigger, and I can see on it better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had Jitterbug before he passed away. And when I used the Jitterbug Touch phone, I’ve been very satisfied with it. Their customer service team has been helpful. I have recommended Jitterbug to several other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I asked for a Jitterbug but it's by Samsung and I'm scared sick with all of what's happening with that company. I'm a little bit worried about the whole Samsung phone exploding. Additionally, the phone itself is very touchy. All one has got to do is breathe on it and it changes something on the phone. I'm also not very adept at all the things it can do. I'm not using the camera and any other thing than just receiving phone calls. The one that I like is the fact that it stayed with my old phone number. Also, their customer service team helped me out when I needed them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're not on the phone a lot, but for the purpose that we got the Jitterbug Touch, we've been satisfied with it. We got it for its medical alert feature especially to take it with us when we travel. I've had no trouble with the phone and we use it all the time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug in an AARP magazine. A friend of mine also saw it and she bought hers first. I waited until she had it a couple of months and said she really liked it so I said, "Okay, I'll do it too. In that way, we'll both know what we're doing." I like my Jitterbug although I don't use it as much as other people use it because I don't do a lot of texting or I don't go in and use my other apps and things like that. I usually use it for the phone and if I need to, I use the other stuff. There was a tremendous amount of difference between this and my old phone because it was an old flip phone with no data or anything on it. And Jitterbug came with a booklet to tell you exactly what you were to do. I count that to be one of the primary reasons I got it. I like to have written material in front of me instead of having to go the computer to look. I found it to be a most helpful thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I loved my Jitterbug. It was a lot cheaper and I was very satisfied with it but I'm not using it anymore. I couldn't do as much with it. I couldn't go online and get games. I also wanted one with a speaker because I was having a hard time with my hearing. I'd still recommend Jitterbug to an older person though. It's a very good phone if what one wants is to just sit down and call somebody or bring it along with them in case of emergency. It's got everything on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I didn't like my old phone because it was very confusing for me. Jitterbug was advertised as very user friendly and that's exactly what I was looking for. And it is indeed a lot easier to use. Anytime I had a question, their reps were phenomenal and very patient because I'm hearing impaired. I've already shown my Jitterbug to one of my friends and told her that she would just love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had ordered the Jitterbug Flip phone for my parents. And then, I was so impressed with the company that I called to see if they had a smartphone. The Jitterbug is much better than my old phone which wasn't a smartphone. Also, the team at Jitterbug is excellent. They're always very responsive. And I like the fact that I don't have to sign a contract and that I could change my plan month by month if I wanted which is the whole reason that I moved over to them. It's all been a very positive experience and I had referred other people to them as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug is good, and I'm enjoying it. The only thing I'm having problems with, unless I am in a completely darkened area, is it’s hard to see my screen face. If I'm in my car, I can't see what's going on at all.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile