toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug was in the AARP book and I just liked the looks of it. It is my second or third phone and I like it a lot better than my other phones. I also use it for long distance calls. And I just have it around in case I need it. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had one of the little beginner Jitterbugs, I just wanted to give it a trial. Then my niece convinced me that I really, really wanted it and bought the Jitterbug Touch for my birthday. I use it for texting and email, and there's one game I'm hooked on. I had to call for tech support one time and after we went through hours and hours of dealing with me and not knowing quite what I was doing and thinking everything I did was wrong, Comcast came through and completely redid my wiring in the house, and I have not a problem since. The tech guys were patient and very helpful throughout it all. They were wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have no problem with the Jitterbug Touch except the instruction book is only good for somebody that had these phones. This all new to me. A lot of things does not work and a lot of stuff on this phone I have no idea about. A better instruction manual for the basics for a guy like me who owns it for the first time would be good. There is a lot of stuff on the face of the phone that is not even in the book. An example is when I turn the phone on, it comes up with a lock device. I can't get off with that lock device because there are about four pictures across the bottom of the phone and I have absolutely no idea why they're there. There are no pictures in the book explaining why they're there and it’s just crazy. Sometimes I touch it and nothing happens. So, I touch something else and something else comes on. But I like the phone though. When I have it working, I have no problem with it. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a little flip-top phone before using Jitterbug. My friends had Jitterbug and the way they were talking about it, I figured I would like it, too. So I went on and gave it a try. It has a lot more features and I use it more than I did the other one but mostly just for calling. It's been a good experience and I'm satisfied with it. I've already recommended it to some of my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a phone through AARP. They were good and I don’t have anything against them, but I needed something simpler. I’m not a high tech person and I’m almost 70 years old. I saw the Jitterbug Touch on commercials and it’s good for casual use. I don’t use it day-to-day and it may be two or three weeks before I even pick it up, but it’s a good phone and I like it. It’s convenient and I use it to call people if I need them to come and take me somewhere. Also, their service team was good. I called them about a couple of things and they responded and did what I asked them. Overall, I’m very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch is supposed to be easy for senior citizens so I got one. It's a smartphone, but I only use it for making calls and receiving mails. They had to program it and dealing with them has been good. They were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. My old service provider, which I hardly even use, complained that they had to reprogram it, so I decided to get a different one and my experience with Jitterbug has been satisfactory to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the Jitterbug better than my old Motorola flip phone. It has more features and I play games with it. Plus, I have a Wi-Fi now in the house and so I sit here and do things on it instead of going on my regular, bigger computer. I thought it was gonna be very simple and it can be, but the more curious I was, the more deeper I got into it, and I found out that there's a lot more things than I thought. At some point I had my memory full and I didn't know how to get apps off in there. The tech support team helped me a lot. Every time I call, they help me. I have some problems now and then but I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked that the Jitterbug had the 5Star medical alert feature when I saw it on TV. Before Jitterbug, I owned a flip phone. But I'm not a big talker on the phone. I only use it for necessary stuff, when I go to the doctors or call to make an appointment. I don't do a lot of stuff - navigating, internet, games or whatever. Half of the time I forget and leave it at home and go on about my business. So, I'd rather have the flip phone. It suits my purpose, to make a call or receive a call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I get the AARP newsletter each month and I'd seen Jitterbug advertised for quite a while. Then recently, I spoke with a friend who told me that he has a Jitterbug and it's absolutely wonderful. I made up my mind to get one but instead of the flip open phone, I decided I wanted the larger version and it's a touchscreen. It's like having a computer and everything I'd like to know right in my hands as opposed to having a telephone, and that’s really what drew me to it. I want to get a little more familiar with this new piece of technology because I am really a dinosaur. I have a very limited vision and I have magnifiers that I use for reading the "how to's" and it's a little more time-consuming than it might normally be. I'm working my way through the instructions and I always feel that if I am really stuck, I can call customer service and really get a really great response. They're very helpful.

It's very worthwhile having it, especially with the added features of medical alerts and quick access to emergency phone calls. This is the phone to have. Whenever I'm talking to some of my old buddies around, I always mention that I have the phone and that it's really worthwhile. I told them that they ought to look into it and get one for themselves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was using an old-fashioned flip cell phone, and wanted a simple and easy smartphone, so I decided to reach out to Jitterbug. The Jitterbug Touch phone I received has a lot more features than my old phone. It is also easy to use though I'm still learning it. Because I'm fairly good at doing things on the computer, I thought I'd be able to work my way through the phone. However, I wasn't. So, I called Jitterbug and a tech clerk pleasantly walked me through everything. He was extremely friendly, and he assisted in getting the number from my old cell phone transferred for me. It was easier to store and retrieve phone numbers using the Jitterbug. Additionally, I have a lot of nieces and nephews who prefer to communicate by texting. I wanted to be able to text and the Jitterbug has helped me with that. And so, I use it a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I were not big telephone people so we've always used TracFones which were very inexpensive. We just had it to keep up with each other because at that time, he was working. But he had passed away now and because my children live in another city, they wanted something for me to be able to get help in case something happened. My daughter then gave me Jitterbug for Christmas.

The reps at Jitterbug have been wonderful. My package doesn't have a lot of data available. And it was for $45 so I thought it was huge. I mainly use Jitterbug for telephone and text. But when one of my daughters sent a bunch of pictures, I got a notice saying that I was fixing to go over. I said, "Oh, my goodness. This is gonna be a problem." So I called Jitterbug and asked how I could turn that off and the girl assisted me. I had to get a nephew here to help me hookup the Jitterbug through my WiFi when I'm at home and that helped out.

In some ways, this one is easier for me compared to the TracFone. However, I have to keep it charged sometimes in the morning and evening. Other than that, everything's been great. I use the text more and I love it. I'm very dumb when it comes to things like this but I'm learning. I really had a good experience and I would definitely recommend it. I even have a girl I'm working with for about 15 years saying, "I'm gonna see how you do and I'm thinking about one for my mother." So far, I've enjoyed Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Jitterbug Touch on the television. It's a cellphone that got bigger numbers and it's okay. Their customer service professionals were good too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife's got the Jitterbug, which is a smaller flip phone. Plus it's a little bit reasonable than our phone was at that time, price-wise. And everything has been fine, so far. But I'm not too smart on this new smartphone. I drive for a company and I use it to get back in touch with the company when I need to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children kept saying I needed a Jitterbug to carry with me all the time. It's my first cell phone and it's been fine. However, I do get phone calls all the time that I don't answer and I don't know who they're from. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have it because now I have finally learned how to text and that's been a big help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm having a lot of problems with the Jitterbug Touch. I don't know how to do anything with it. And I'm very disappointed because when I first called for it, Kevin said, "You won't have any problem at all. The instructions are very easy. There's only three pages." Well, I got it and it's a couple books. I've been sitting, waiting on that phone. I can't use it. So, I haven't made any phone calls.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I wanted primarily a texting phone and Jitterbug answered our need for that. With the larger keys and visibility of the screen, my wife is able to see and use it better. My wife can now text and it does everything we want as far as what a phone is doing. We also realized it has smartphone capabilities but we chose not to buy a data plan with it. I used an LG through US Cellular before and as far as the service goes, I'm very surprised that the GreatCall service is just as good as US Cellular. I've had US Cellular for 10 years or more and I could take US Cellular out in the mountains and have coverage. A lot of other services have lots of dead spots and I never found a dead spot with US Cellular. And now I've never found one with GreatCall either. It's much better than I hoped for and I'm very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The cell phone I had before didn't have all of the features that Jitterbug has. If I wanted to text, the board is limited so I got three characters just for one letter. With the Jitterbug, I've got the whole keyboard and that is easier. But my main problem now is that I'm not spending enough time to become acquainted with it. According to the way it was advertised, it should be easy to manage for a senior. I'm 87 and I thought I could handle it but I haven't been really able to use it like I want to. So I called the customer service once to see if there were hardcopy instructions that they could send that I could look at but I didn't get the assistance. But the phone is okay and it's easy to navigate. It's just me. I have to become more dedicated to using it and that's what I plan to do. So far, I'm satisfied with the experience and the phone is highly recommended.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I thought I was going to be able to do better, but my experience with Jitterbug hasn’t been good. I’ll be 75 next month and I’m electronically challenged, so it’s so hard for me to learn this. I’ve had it for soon to be a year, and basically, all I can do is call out and call in. I’ve been trying to learn to text and that’s the reason I wanted a phone that has a keyboard that I could pull up. And I let the phone go all the way down, and when it has zero charge, it was acting crazy. After I got it recharged, it said reboot. I said, “Hey, reboot the phone.” But it gave an explanation of something done with the volume control that rebooted it. So it’s harder than any phone I’ve ever had to learn how to use.

I initially got Jitterbug so that I can learn how to text because my grandchildren are getting older. My son’s in the legislature and if I need to speak to him, they can’t make or take calls unless they got out of the big room. His wife texts him when they need to talk to him, but we can only call during lunch breaks. Now, my oldest grandson is on his first year at Chapel Hill, so I was trying to learn to text until he left for college. And my youngest grandson is 15, so I got three years to learn to text before he leaves.

I’m a retired nurse, so it looks like I could learn this. I could operate the computer when I was working but it was hard. But at most, I would wind up to one and the phone would go crazy. I told everybody I have negative ions in my body that does not want electronics. In fact, when I finally got my computer at home, it got hit by lightning twice and the people at work says, “I don’t think you need to get another one.” So I've had some bad experience with technology. And my grandchildren have been too busy to help me learn.

But I have a real good friend who’s had an iPhone for a long time and she’s been trying to help me on Saturdays. We go get our hair done and go to lunch. We spent one afternoon in Wendy’s and she had me make calls to her and text her and she would text me back. We were there about four hours. So she’s worked with me several Saturdays. But I just don’t enjoy the telephone. I’d never have since I worked in a janitor’s office and I had to be on the phone so much. But I'm going to keep working on it. It’s a hurdle that I have to get over so it‘s still challenging and I have to push myself.

A lot of times my daughter-in-law will try to call me, but I never hear it since I keep the phone on the counter in the kitchen and not in my pocket. I only have it in my pocket when I'm out. Also for some reason, I have trouble getting emails. I got some emails in the beginning but I think everybody has learned that I’m having problems and it’s not worth their trouble to deal with me. They just call my home number or either come over here if they have to talk to me. So I might as well hang it up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife likes Jitterbug Smart. She decided that she'd try it on account that she was on a prepaid system before. And the price was down low enough to have a service like that. I work overseas a lot and call her on it. It's a way I can run her down when she's not at home. However, she's still getting some weird calls on it from people dialing the wrong number. Other than that, Jitterbug Smart is a good cell phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Samsung before and it was kinda hard to use. With Jitterbug Touch, it was easier. However, I tried to send a picture in a text and I couldn't succeed. Also, Jitterbug had my bill wrong but the people at Jitterbug were friendly and they got that issue resolved quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Both my husband and I have the simpler Jitterbug phones. We had Samsung for a while and they were too complicated and so we went easier. I didn't need all the features of a fancy smartphone. So, I'm happy with this. It's been a good little phone. I text my daughters on it and make some phone calls. Usually, I use the house phone if we're home. But it's nice to have it knowing that my husband can contact me when I'm away from home. But it's nice to have it knowing that my husband can contact me when I'm away from home. Now, I'm a little more comfortable texting and I'm happy with it.

One of the sweet things is that I was always forgetting to get my meds all in before bedtime and the last thing I take has to be an hour after all my other pills. And when I forget, sometimes, I'd be ready to go to bed and realize, "Oh, my gosh. I forgot that other pill." So, my daughter put a little reminder there. And so, every evening, at 9:00, it rings me. It has this nice little tune on it. And on the thing, she put a, "Time to take your pill, mom." That's a sweet and nice little feature. So, I appreciate that. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Michele: I'm not honestly sure. I think it depends on the plan. I think it's mostly when you call someone is when it takes your minutes. I think if an incoming call I have my home phone as another phone and I used to have a flip top. It was so tiny and I was looking for a seven-inch cover to put it in but I have looked and I can't find one around here so I gave up on that deal. Then, I found Jitterbug Touch on an AARP magazine and I liked it because it wasn't a flip over. I usually use it when I go out shopping or if I'm out and I need help.

But I'm not too crazy about this one now because sometimes I don't even touch it and it goes on something else. I'm also getting all the calls and texts of whoever had this phone before me and it comes up on there. I don't answer them and I delete but I still get charged for it. I don't understand the minutes on it. It takes my minutes out if I call anybody or with the incoming calls. Also, I don't like that I'm paying $20 and I get a card and use it as I go. I was thinking about going at one of the prepaid phones but I have to call and talk to them. But it's pretty good and it might help somebody. It's also dependable when I need it like when my electricity went off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It is very much easier to see the numbers on my Jitterbug Touch. They are bigger and things are clearer to see. I don't use the phone that often but I've not had a problem with it. I have it in case of an emergency and my experiences with it have been good. If one of my kids shows me what to do, I know how to do it. Like my son called the other day asking if my phone was on. I told him no and he asked me to turn it on as he sent me a picture. So then I did and pretty soon the phone dinged. I told him that and he asked me to press such and such and I could see the picture that he sent me. And then a lot of times, I just read along the directions on the instruction booklet and then try to do what it says. And so that tells me a lot. I previously had another phone and Jitterbug is much nicer and a lot better. The other one, I didn't know how to do anything on it and it was small.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price offered by Jitterbug was cheaper than what we are getting through Sprint. It's also a better phone. It's bigger and has a lot more features on it. My wife had a flip phone before and she definitely likes the Jitterbug Touch because it gives her a lot more options and things she can do. She's on it all the time now. However, I thought that the price was gonna be a little bit less a month than it is. That's the impression I got talking to the representative but it was not as cheap as I thought it was gonna be. I was quoted about $45 but the bill is coming in at $60 something. But I was okay with the service and it's been a good experience with Jitterbug. I'm happy because my wife's happy. Happy wife, happy life.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Being 80 years old, I'm not as computer literate as the younger ones are, and I thought that the Jitterbug looked like a system that I could easily use when I saw it in the AARP magazine. And so at first, I got the flip phone, then the smartphone. The flip phone was sometimes easier to use but I like the features on the smartphone that I have. I can text and I like the way the photos turn out. I've had it for quite a while and I've enjoyed it. It would be nice though if when a person calls in, the Jitterbug Touch would not only give the number but the name because at my age, I sometimes don't know who the numbers belong to but I do know the name. I know my significant other has a phone and it tells the name of the person calling which is handy for him. Nevertheless, I've been pleased enough to stay with the phone. I'd recommend it. It's usually very satisfactory. I just don't want the cost to go up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug touch interested me, particularly the bigger one and not the folding model because my husband is troubled with punching the buttons on the tiny ones. And I was dissatisfied with Verizon and the fact that each bill suddenly kept going up. The iPhone itself wasn't bad, it was the Verizon contract. And when the contract was up, I decided not to renew it and went with the Jitterbug. It has taken some getting used to but a major plus for Jitterbug is the information booklet. It's not only readable because of the size of the print, it's crystal clear on almost any question you might come up with. It's definitely more user friendly. I got one with the iPhone, too, and I had to use a magnifying glass to read it.

The Jitterbug Touch is much easier to use. It does really well and my husband can use the buttons. He's hard of hearing and wears hearing aids. So if he uses the phone, it's got to be crystal clear which is pretty good on the Jitterbug. We don't use it like the majority of people who has cellphone uses them. To us, it's a telephone that we use when we're away from home. But once in a while, if I wanna look at something and learn how something is done, I pull up the manual and it's very clear and very easy to follow. Also, the reps have been very good and very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch was cheaper than some of the other ones. I never used a cellphone and I haven’t figured it out yet but our kids think we need them so we have them. I take it with me if I remember.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Consumer Cellular phone and every time I tried to turn it on, it turns on and shut itself off. One day I got very mad at it and threw it. Then I called Jitterbug. It was very good with the team at Jitterbug. My main question was whether the Jitterbug phone was easy to turn on and off, and it is. I have no problem with that. Compared to my older phone, my Jitterbug phone is easier to use, and I can see it without putting my glasses on. But I use my Jitterbug phone very seldom. I only take it with me when there might be an emergency. I should test it once to make sure that it works.

I've seen all the names programmed into my Jitterbug phone. I would also like to take pictures with it, and I should have that once in awhile. When the traffic gets bad and if there's an accident, it would be good if I have a phone to take a picture of the accident. But I have OnStar, and I just have to press a button and I can use it, and I have everybody's cellphone numbers in it. Jitterbug gave the instruction book on operating the phone and also a disc, so one of these days I'll play it and see what all these things are. I've already recommended the Jitterbug phone to a friend. I told her that you can turn it on and off easily. She still has a flip phone, but she said that she needs something else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a good experience with Jitterbug Touch. When I turn it on, you see everything to use, everything up to date, everything is in the right procedure. Alfred has used it about one or two times. They bought it for him, but he doesnt use it and he's here sometimes for days and doesn't charge. He has Alzheimers and he’s not equipped with the technology. But there's nothing wrong with the phone otherwise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Getting Jitterbug over the phone was probably my first mistake. I saw their ad in the AARP magazine and I'm by myself quite a bit and that 5-star appealed to me and I had some things I wanted to get pictures of and send them. So there were two things that I wanted to get done with it and so I just ordered it. But it won't let me answer. I slide and nothing happens for two or three times and then it goes to that notification screen. But it isn’t like that every time and that’s what's so aggravating. I need somebody that can physically show me but I can't find any stores around here to handle this. However I haven’t called Jitterbug to let them know about the issue.

My family said they were gonna take it away and run over it. They're trying to keep track of me that I don’t fall and break my neck somewhere and then this doesn’t happen or then it won't answer. It's so frustrating. They don’t know if I’m ok or not so I turn around and call them back as soon as I can, but then sometimes their line is still busy because they're letting it ring and it's confusing.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile