Call toll free
4.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

EASY - The Jitterbug Smart2 is designed to be easy-to-use from the moment you turn it on. Everything you want to do from texting and taking pictures, to emailing and browsing the Internet is organized in a single list on one screen with large, legible letters. This simplified approach takes all the guesswork out of using a smartphone and puts everything right at your fingertips.

SMART - With an ultra-modern look, the Jitterbug Smart2 has been specially designed with GreatCall’s signature simplicity. New Voice Typing, combined with a bigger, 5.5-inch screen makes writing emails and texts effortless, plus larger icons help you navigate easily. Turn your easy-to-use Jitterbug Smart2 into a personal safety device with GreatCall’s exclusive, pre-loaded 5Star, Urgent Care and MedCoach apps.

AFFORDABLE - Other smartphones require excessive plans that make you pay for data you don’t need. For as low as just $2.49 per month, GreatCall provides a variety of data plans so you’re able to add the one that works best for you. Compared to other cell phone companies, you could save over $300 per year, making Jitterbug Smart2 phone plans the most affordable on the market. And, we also provide free tech support.

Jitterbug Smart2 Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

948 Jitterbug Smart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We had to change service because Verizon towers do not cover our area adequately. The coverage maps are not detailed enough. We thought it was just at our house, but it was also in our whole area--50-60 miles. We had a few times when it was okay, but most of the time, parts of sentences in conversations were dropped. We have now changed to **, and they use the AT&T network and towers. The service is so much better and cheaper. We are sorry we did not change sooner. The CS Representative said she was aware of the spotty connections because of the fact we live near the Sierra Nevadas. It's too bad they did not tell us that when we signed up.

When we had to cancel our current service with Great Call (Jitterbug), we did not know we should have done it before they printed the next month's bill. Since we missed that date (a day or two before the end of the billing cycle), we now have to pay for a whole month of unused service minus three days. THERE IS NO PRO-RATING!

Jitterbug Smart response

Hi Joan, we are sorry to hear about the coverage you experienced, and we appreciate your feedback. Service is based on the coverage in your area and even in a good coverage area, things such as weather, building materials and topography may affect service and service may vary significantly within buildings. Although GreatCall does not prorate, a review of your account shows substantial usage during the last five days of service and if prorated, your final bill would be over $100.00. To review your usage or to obtain a detailed usage report, please give us a call at 1 800-733-6632.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Updated on 02/25/2019: I had tried what they recommended many times including clearing cache, force stopping. Finally I did reach someone from the company and he had to speak to 2 supervisors over 2 hours of time before it was finally resolved by resetting the entire phone back to factory settings. However, when I requested him to at least give me credit for the time he used in fixing my phone due to his inexperience or to pay back the neighbor for her minutes of 120 who lent me her phone, he had no response and couldn't help me. I guess it's on the customer to "suck it up" every time they have a problem on their own end! Sorry I have had such miserable experience with them.

Also their company does not have what every other carrier has, namely a #67 national number you can dial directly before the parties phone number so that others cannot see your own number when you call them. This is terribly important for a volunteer charity I work for as president since I cannot afford to have 1,000 people in great need have my personal number, they then call me night and day! Also Jitterbugs' system used for Bluetooth, is very poorly designed, since should you turn it on for your phone and vehicle, it never shuts off automatically nor turns on automatically when you enter the vehicle. So by the time you miss 3-7 phone calls, you remember you need to physically turn off Bluetooth on your phone so you can receive calls again, even when you are over 1,000 feet from your vehicle. Problems all must be solved by them not the customer!

Original review: I called the support over 4 times, do not have another phone to use other than smart 2. Every time I try to hit the edit contact list information the app continues to close down on me. Tried the cache and force stopping same, and rebooting several times, never works; never gets answered for me.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hi Michael, thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that your issue with contact editing was resolved. In most cases, if there was no interruption in cellular service, a credit would not be warranted, however, we have applied a $20.00 courtesy credit to your account for any inconvenience.

As to restricted dialing, it is available on the Jitterbug Smart2. Press *67, the number with the area code but without the 1, and the caller ID will show restricted (we just tested this, and it worked perfectly).

As to Bluetooth, we have not received any reports of users having to turn off Bluetooth for the phone to ring, when not in the car. Once the car is powered on, it should recognize the phone and when you power the car off the Bluetooth should no longer be connected to the car. We will do further testing to see if we can duplicate this behavior and look for other users reporting this.

Best Regards,

Hi Michael, we are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, and we appreciate your feedback. Powering the phone off and back on will usually resolve an issue and it sounds like you have completed the basic trouble shooting. If you could please also Clear the Cache, Data and Force Stop on the Homescreen app, this may resolve the issue. If not, unfortunately, we are unable to trouble shoot your phone while you are on it. If it is at all possible to call us from someone else’s phone, we can complete further in-depth trouble shooting to resolve your issue. If you did not know, and have not already done so, you can set up a mygreatcall.com account and manage your contacts online. When done editing or adding, press the Save button and the information will update to your phone. For assistance with this, please call our customer service and they can walk you through the steps.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My husband and I both had Jitterburg Smart Phones. After 2 years we started having trouble and my husband's phone 'died.' My husband purchased the new Smart 2 for us at Best Buy. When he called to activate new phone, they disconnected my number and gave it to him and eliminated his number altogether. This was when he was at Best Buy for the transfer of contacts. In the meanwhile, I was without communication for 3 hours, unknowing why. It was scary and frustrating. My husband came home and was on the phone with Great Call for over an hour trying to fix this problem. We finally got our respective numbers back, but could not access our contacts.

Again, my husband on the phone with Great Call to straighten out problem. They deactivated and re-activated but when we went back to Best Buy for data transfer, not only could we not access Contacts App., but the data transfer would not work on my husband's phone. Again, husband on phone with Great Call and they told him he had to activate with Bluetooth, which, Best Buy tried and was unsuccessful. It's been a week of bantering back and forth and they still have not fixed the problem. At this point, we are going back to Verizon. I'd rather deal with small print than phones that don't work and incompetent employees and poor management.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello Marty, we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about your experience. All new (originally purchased) GreatCall phones, come with a 1 year warranty that protects against manufacturing defects. We do understand you have called Customer Service for assistance but Best Buy reps are not trained to troubleshoot our products. We recommend that you call our 100% U.S. based Customer Service between the hours of 5 am and 8 pm Pacific Time, from another phone, for a resolution of your issues.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Updated on 02/10/2019: My Jitterbug Smart phone 2 continued to self delete messages so I called the number that the Jitterbug employee suggested in response to my last review. The number ended up being just one more person that was trying to resolve the issue that I was having. After that attempt to fix it, within two hours my phone was still self deleting text messages. I called and spoke to someone else and she continued to try to fix the phone.

When she asked if she could help me in any other way (apparently she thought that I was satisfied with what she'd done) I told her that I'd like her to honor my warranty and replace my phone. She was agreeable in doing that, but now I'm stuck with a phone that self deletes text messages for the next week while I wait for the new phone and I have the inconvenience of setting up a new phone and hoping that my data transfers without losing any. I will never buy another one of these phones. When I'm done with this phone, I'm changing phone companies.

Original Review: I recently bought a Jitterbug Smart phone. The first phone crashed and I lost my data. They replaced the phone and the second phone keeps self deleting my text messages. If I needed to memorialize any of these messages, I wouldn't be able to retrieve them. They have fixed this from a distance by updating the phone once, but a week later it's happening again.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello Erin, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. All new (originally purchased) GreatCall phones, come with a 1 year warranty that protects against manufacturing defects. If you have not done so already, we recommend that you call our 100% U.S. based Customer Service between the hours of 5 am and 8 pm Pacific Time, from another phone, for a resolution of your issues.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

A little over a year ago I purchased A Jitterbug Smart Phone. The sound quality on the phone was terrible. Everyone I talked to said they had difficulty hearing me and that I sounded like I was in a tunnel. I called Great Call Customer Service and was told that the poor sound quality was probably due to my location and the fact that I lived in a brick apartment building. This was not accurate as everywhere I called from I experienced the same sound quality problem. I am not a tech savvy individual, which is why I chose Great Call as they claimed to have great customer service. I did not find this to be the case. Sometimes the service representatives were patient and helpful, but more often they were short and impatient, sometimes even downright rude.

I had other issues with the phone as well. When I pressed the button to take me to the home screen, it as often as not took me back to the login screen. When I tried to delete emails they would often pop right back onto the page making me have to delete them again. When texting, symbols would show up upside down or as tiny letters, and I would have to backspace and enter them over and over again. One time the phone would not make calls at all. I had to borrow another phone and call Great Call where a representative got the phone working again but never told me what had been wrong with it or how to fix it if it happened again.

Finally there was the cost. I only needed the phone for calling or texting, but I was told that wasn't an option. I wasn't told how I could make the phone limit the data so I ended up paying $75.00 a month for a phone that wasn't doing what I needed it for. I have since replaced the phone with a flip phone from another carrier and everyone tells me how much better I sound! I get unlimited talk and text for $25.00 a month. I only paid $50.00 for the phone and it is of better quality than the more expensive Jitterbug Smart Phone that I purchased. And so far, the other carrier's customer service beats Great Call customer service for patience and clear information. I know there is a Jitterbug 2 Smart phone now, but given the cost of going with Great Call and the poor customer service, I would not take a chance on the new phone.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello Wendy, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. At GreatCall, we to strive to provide a community of support for our products and services. We are sorry about the numerous calls to Customer Service and we appreciate your feedback. All new (originally purchased) GreatCall phones, come with a 1 year warranty that protects against manufacturing defects. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart2?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was initially excited to get the Jitterbug Smart phone, planning after long last to upgrade from my flip phone. The process of buying the phone took way too long, and in hindsight I now see that should have raised a red flag about Great Call. The day prior to my plan beginning I set up in a quiet room in the public library to begin what I presumed would be a quick and painless procedure. After all, the phone is advertised as easy to use. Almost two hours, and three very frustrating calls to the "customer service" line, I was out $10.00, which the Service Manager, a totally unhelpful Maria refused to refund to me, claiming that a "restocking fee" is an industry standard.

This despite the fact that my wanting to return the product was due in full to the lack of simplicity in setting the phone up, the extremely poor (read awful) customer "service", and the fact that when the phone finally gave me a number to call (after repeatedly shutting off for close to an hour), the automated system informed me that the call couldn't be taken because the call center was only open M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. I placed the call close to the noon hour. So, I plan on taking Great Call to court for my $10.00, and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, and warning as many people as possible to AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! Crappy product, Worse service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My mom bought a Jitterbug Smartphone because she has a hard time with things that are too complicated, she liked the bigger icons and layout of the Jitterbug Smartphone. She had problems from day 1 of using the phone. The sound was terrible, the functions weren't helpful and they were never able to set up her voicemail. I did some research to find that she was paying more than she needed to for services she wasn't using. I researched other companies and found a better fit for her. When I called GreatCall to cancel her service the employee asked me why I canceling the service. I was very honest with her and told her I felt like they were taking advantage of seniors and those who are disabled by charging them for things that weren't necessary and claiming that their rates are low. Compared to Verizon or Sprint they might be low but not compared to Straight Talk.

The employee then started to argue with me about it, telling me they have the lowest unlimited plans and way cheaper than what she pays personally, she wouldn't let me get one word in and put me on hold without even saying she was going to, she was arguing with me and then just turned on music. I have never been treated such disrespect. When she came back on she said she had canceled my service, I asked to talk to a supervisor and after being on hold for several minutes I hung up, it wasn't worth my time. I was very disappointed with everything regarding this company and if it were possible to give them a 0 rating I would have. Don't waste your time or money. Other phones through other companies are now made with an easy mode making the font and icons large and simple to use actually easier and more user friendly than the Jitterbug. GreatCall is a waste.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hi Vanessa, we are sorry to hear of your experience, your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products. At GreatCall we strive to provide the highest level of Customer Service and will always take the time to understand each individual subscriber’s needs and usage requirements before we recommend a service plan. Our award-winning 5Star emergency response service is only available on Jitterbug phones or GreatCall devices. We offer a variety of affordable plans and services which can be viewed at our web page and our 100% U.S. based customer service is available 7 days a week.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Jitterbug Smart: touching a button often brings no response; other times it works as expected with a light touch. Other times it takes a very hard strike to obtain ANY response. Phone will self-activate a call. Twitchy!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We got the Jitterbug 2 for my grandfather. He uses an iPad and Apple TV already. He is learning the phone and seems to like it. However he keeps accidentally dialing 911. Is there a way to turn this off?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchased as a gift for my mom who is a long-time Jitterbug user. Visual Voicemail does not work and the company will NOT provide its customer service personnel with any insight as to when and if this issue will be corrected. Since the Phone and Voicemail are the most critical functions for seniors, the phone is of essentially no use at the moment and should not be sold to the public. I strongly recommend any potential buyer, call Jitterbug and confirm that this function is working before making a purchase.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hi Kevin, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Voicemail. The Jitterbug Smart Visual Voicemail is working. Prior to using the Visual Voicemail, you need to go through the initial set up by pressing the visual Voicemail button on the phone's screen and setup their greeting. If you are still experiencing issues, please call our Customer Service at 1(800)733-6632, from another phone, to go through further troubleshooting.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

In attempting to activate the phone for my elderly grandfather, I felt very rushed to approve the 'included' package. Since every added feature is an additional cost, 'included' just means more expensive, but rep was trying to stay vague and rather defensive when being asked about the final cost. Sure enough, rather than the $14.99 price advertised, the rep was trying to get my grandfather on a $30+ monthly plan. I can only imagine how many elderly people are overwhelmed and signed up to a more expensive plan than they expected.

Finally, the rep agreed to give me the basic plan because I was being so 'insistent' (a bad thing, I guess) and refusing her 'help'. She was rude and rushed through the rest of the process, so I had to call back later to clarify how to port a phone number and some other details. The subsequent reps were a bit better. I can't speak to the phone quality yet, but be aware that even the lowest monthly fee ($14.99 as of this writing) balloons another $10 dollars with taxes and fees that the rep wasn't able to really explain and seemed annoyed I'd ask about.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello Jay, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the Customer Service experience and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our products.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased two Jitterbug Smart phones, had issue with both transferring phone numbers over. Took two days for one and numerous calls to both companies (3 to 4 days) for the other one. For problems with phone, can't do online, can't change plan, have to call customer service for everything. Had issues after transferring number with phone still not working, had to call customer service and reset phone, had to call again for voicemail wasn't working, had to call another number to get it reset.

Both phones are billed under my name, yet when I called to try and get them on same bill online, they told me I couldn't do it. Have to get other person to consent even though I was on the account. Customer service talked as if I did not know what I was talking about (billing department) and call back when other person could talk to them. Not satisfied with always having to call, and feeling as if I did not know anything about smartphones, I only got the smartphone so my husband, who is not smartphone, would be able to use. I made the mistake of getting one also. I am now looking into finding another provider and phone.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello Nellie, we are sorry to hear of your customer service experience. If your name is listed as the Billing Contact on both accounts you are able to combine to once account. I would like to further assist to correct the mistake. Please look for a private message from GreatCall.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I bought this as an "easy to use phone for seniors". But the phone is not only not responsive, but is also so dumbed down that you cannot do simple things that you expect of "smart" phones. The interface is not intuitive. The website is terrible, with little help or information. And when I called customer support, they could not answer my question and were rude about it. In my opinion, this is probably the worst cell phone out there, hands down, even for a senior.

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall designed the easy to use menu to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone. There are several how-to videos available at the GreatCall webpage and they can be accessed by clicking on Product Support at the top right. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of our Jitterbug Smart 2.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

This phone does have some good features and customer service is very responsive and helpful. However I wish I had never bought it. If you do not need the call for help feature, and you accidentally touch the call 5* button, 911 is called immediately. If you tell them it was a mistake, they still have to send a state trooper to your home. He tried to disable it for me but it cannot be disabled. This red button is omnipresent and just a fraction below the video button. Is everywhere you are on the phone. So if you do not need LIFELINE do not get this phone. Also if you try to send a picture it is way TOO easy to send it to the wrong contact. The picture taking feature can be OK but if you do not have super steady hands it blurs and you could easily touch THE RED BUTTON. The talk text feature is too fast for means I can only say a few words. It does however call well and texts ok. Wish I had done more research. I am mid 70s and not good with tech stuff.

Jitterbug Smart response

Carole, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall layered in an easy to use menu to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone and we will continue to design and test further enhancements for future phone models. There are several how-to videos available at the GreatCall webpage, www.greatcall.com, and they can be accessed by clicking on Product Support at the top right. If you can give us call from another phone our Customer Service team stands ready to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We were excited to sign up with GreatCall and get the Jitterbug Smart Phones in November of 2017. By today's date, December 19, 2018 we have had to have a total of 6 replacement phones. These phones work for a short while and then will not allow any calls on or out and no texts in or out. I have spent untold hours calling customer service from another phone to resolve this. Each time I am told and it shows on the screen that there is no sim card detected. I have been disconnected when talking to technical support and then have to call back and start all over again on several occasions.

When you have a spouse with cancer and he is in the hospital often and you have no communication because you are again waiting for another replacement phone it is very upsetting. The price for both our phones with unlimited talk and text ran nearly $150.00 a month and even thought they are higher than most other companies we thought we would have access to the 5 star service they rave about but YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE THAT when it isn't working. I would NEVER recommend this company or this phone to anyone.

Jitterbug Smart response

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about your experience. Our records show that you purchased two Jitterbug Smart cell phones in November of 2017 and you chose our unlimited talk, text and data with the basic Health and Safety plan for $59.99 each. Your first replacement was not until August of 2018, after nine months of usage. We have warranty replaced one phone, three times and the other phone once for various reasons. We have additionally, as a courtesy, applied credits to your account totaling $115.00. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I returned my smartphone. They would not send me a return label, so it cost me $12.85. I had a record that they received it and it was signed for. When I called

and asked what happens next, they told me that there was a $10 restocking fee by Christopher. Madeline (the previous customer rep) told me that they would waive that fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor and Christopher told me he was that as well. To my shock, he told me that I would have to pay their shipping costs, which I had previously never been told. I would never recommend Great Call because they are very difficult to deal with. It was a very unpleasant experience. I just hope that my account is credited with the correct amount.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I'm legally blind and my other cellphone was just too little. I got the Jitterbug Touch and I can see it. It helped me. My friend programmed the phone numbers and told me that my phone doesn't have very much data. I called the support team because I wanted to talk to the lady that sold it to me, but they made me talk to a tech support man. The tech told me that it only has 6 Gigabyte and if I go on Facebook, it will use up my data right away. I was disappointed in that because the gal that sold it to me that kept calling me, acted like everything was great. So, I felt she misrepresented it when selling me the phone. The phone itself is really nice. It's big, and it's for a person like me that has trouble seeing. I can see it with my magnifying glass, so in that way it's easy. I just need somebody to sit with me to show me a couple things. I've referred people to Jitterbug, but I wanna change phone carriers to see if I could get more data.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

People spend a lot of money on cell phones now but I got mine next to nothing. I’m not gonna spend $1,000 for a phone. I know that the Jitterbug’s are sold at Best Buy right ahead and a couple other places so I went down a little for a ride and explored. There’s this Jitterbug for 150 bucks. I had the salesman on the phone who said, “If you actually wanna do it today, instead of waiting to make up your mind I’ll sell it to you for 75 bucks." So I got my phone for $75 and this phone could do a lot of stuff.

I went from having a little flip phone for a million years and I got a lot of pressure from my daughter. She said I got to have the opportunity to do the texting back and forth and she can send me pictures. The Jitterbug phone is a wealth of information. I’ve been looking for a new car and I've been using my phone to do my car shopping. I haven’t got a computer so everything I do with it, a lot of it I’ve just learned myself. I enjoy my Jitterbug phone.

I called somebody after, when I first got the phone, because there was no screen protector in it. It said there was on the checklist and I got it a couple of days later. When you’re dealing with a Jitterbug version with the Samsung 8 or Samsung 9 you’re gonna pay an arm and leg for it. Everybody’s got them including my grandkids. I’ve got this cheaper phone, but they think my phone is really cool because it’s got a bigger screen on it than theirs. I’m 72 years old, so I’m not getting any younger. Some of my friends have been stuck in the rut for a long time so I’ve shared my experience with my phone. They do not have a phone of this kind. It is kind of a smartphone, but Jitterbug got a damn better offer in it. My friends are now looking at buying one.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My wife wanted me to upgrade, so she got me some Jitterbug. I play games on it. And because I’m a landlord I got to have a phone because my renters call me. I gotta have a phone so I’d see what they want. Sometimes, when I’m trying to hang my phone up, it won’t hang up, or it dials somebody else’s number, and that really makes me mad. Nevertheless, I would recommend Jitterbug.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I’m a senior citizen and I didn’t have any knowledge at all about smartphones. Jitterbug advertises that it's one of the easiest, and my husband went to Best Buy and spoke to them. They concurred that it would be the easiest one to learn on. However, I had trouble in the beginning as I kept getting calls. I'm in an area code 631 and they gave me a 516. There was some person's name that took up the whole screen across, and when I would call my grandchildren, the customer ID would come up as this name so they didn't know it was me.

I called Jitterbug and after speaking to several technicians, their conclusion was they cannot change the caller ID and that they must change the phone number. Unfortunately, I had put in all the information of everyone I knew with addresses, home phone numbers and cellphone numbers, and all that was erased. They had to give me a new phone number. I still couldn’t get my area code, and I am still getting phone calls from 516. But now, I know. If I don’t know who you are, I’m not answering it. There were certain things that got me very frustrated, but I’m starting to get the knack of it. I love texting with the Jitterbug. That's all that my grandchildren do and I've learned how to do it. They send me pictures and I store them, and that's what I really like about it. The phone is also available if I need it for an emergency.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I am satisfied with my Jitterbug Touch. I don’t use it a lot, but it’s not that hard to use.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I am a senior citizen and I wanted to go to a smartphone so I got a Jitterbug phone. I enjoy using it and I have the less expensive program I can have. I like Jitterbug very much and would recommend it to someone else.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I had a TracFone and I loved it, but I couldn't get anybody to speak very good English, so I had to cancel it. I changed to Jitterbug and the reps and I communicate and understand each other. They're very nice to talk to, but Jitterbug Touch advertises how cheap the plan is and by the time you get it, you get the tax as well as text and data. Everything is not that cheap and they should offer more options. I just wanted it for the convenience and I don’t use it that much. I lowered my phone usage and got less hours and the reps were very good about it. Another thing is that I thought Jitterbug would be easy for my age and it’s not. The instructions aren’t that good, but the button is good.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I’m restricted really bad and I can't move around. I wanted something for whenever I decide to go out in my car and I wanted a feature that in case I would've blanked out or something happened to me, it would contact somebody for me. I live in Crestview and Fort Walton, so in case anything happened when I travel back and forth, I could just push the button and get medical help. My son has a phone and he started looking around for something good for me. He found the Jitterbug Touch cellphone and I got one. So far, everything seems to be working fine and I'm satisfied with it. I’d totally recommend it, too.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Today is my mother’s 84th birthday and went to Cheesecake Factory and after went to Best Buy to look at the Jitterbug smartphone. I have seen them advertised on TV. Conceptually I thought it would be a good product for her. Bought the phone and Best Buy staff said I can easily activate service by calling Great Call and activation fee is $35. I called Great Call and I was informed the $35 activation fee became $41. This extra $6 is not an issue for me but it could be for an elderly person on a fixed income. The customer service rep was waiting for the new phone number to show up on her system. She told me to set up the phone and got an Error 2. She asked me to reset the phone again and got an Error 5. She said she could no longer help me and transferred me to technical support.

Technical support said she could not help me. I asked if there was 3rd level support available, she said no and told me the most bizarre story, I think she made it up. I say this because I work in IT. She said the networking team had to come in tomorrow and clear out the error codes from the system. I should try to reset my phone at 2:00 pm. I wasted one hour of my life and if this is not fixed by tomorrow and my activation is not returned I am returning this phone. There is a reason you pay more for Verizon or T-Mobile, their stuff works and they have good customer service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Everyone had cellphone and I had to get one so I bought the Jitterbug because they claimed it was so easy, but I’m not finding that to be true for me. But I liked it when I used it. I like receiving texts to get pictures.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I cannot review the phone as I wasn't able to get past the poor customer service! I was disconnected and when I was able to reach someone they were very uneducated about the product and services! I bought the phone today and will be returning it to the store tomorrow! No way my 80 year old mother would be able to deal with the poor customer service. Too bad because I was looking forward to getting her a phone she could actually use!

Jitterbug Smart response

Hi Kellie, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience, we appreciate your feedback and assure you that it is not typical of us. GreatCall, strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available and we record our calls for quality and assurance. We look forward to the opportunity of a second chance and can be reached at 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 5am and 8pm Pacific time or you can activate online, www.greatcall.com, and you will receive a $10.00 credit on your account.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The weather app on Mom's Smart2 phone pops up an ad! I called Customer Support to find out why and how to get it to stop. I got bounced around to 6 different people or "departments" and never did get the issue resolved. Their reps either barely spoke English or were just downright rude. Think HARD about going with this company. If you have problems with the phone itself, you'll find yourself ready to throw it out the window trying to get help from their customer service. ZERO stars!

Jitterbug Smart response

Hello, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service available. GreatCall’s award winning Customer Service is 100% U.S. based. We apologize that you are receiving ads while using the weather app. The weather app is a 3rd party app and unfortunately, we do not have control of the pop-up ads that appear on the application. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My daughter got me a Jitterbug for Christmas. I use it for making calls and receiving calls. I got my family on the list. I also take pictures with it. I’m satisfied with Jitterbug.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Placed the order by phone and waited about a week. Called the number that comes with the phone to initiate the service and no one answers after 6 minutes. Tried a second time and same. Called a different number, one from their website, to transfer my old number over to the new phone. Transferred about six (6) times before I got someone that knew what they were doing. Finally got a woman on the line named Brittany who was patient, understood the problem and was knowledgeable. It did take a while dealing with another carrier but she got me connected, checked to make sure it was working and was very gracious.

I suggest that if you do get a Smartphone 2 and have problems be patient and get the right person to set your phone up. The phone works great. The instructions that came with the phone (and any that are online) fail to tell what size extra memory card and how to install it. I transferred one from a Galaxy S3 with 32 GB over and kept all my audiobooks, pictures, music. The Bluetooth connected to an earpiece and my car with no problem. I do recommend that if you are having trouble setting up just keep asking to be transferred to someone else. There are people working there that know what they're doing.

Jitterbug Smart2 expert review by Shelley Webb

Receive award-winning health and safety services conveniently on your phone, along with wearable button and wristband options for easy-to-access emergency care.

• 5Star Fast Response: Well-trained operators are online 24/7 to assist in emergencies.

• Urgent care: Gain 24/7 access to registered nurses and certified doctors for advice and common prescriptions without an appointment.

• GreatCall link: Stay connected with family and friends with a simple app. Link sends regular updates to loved ones about the user’s well-being.

• Brain games: Improve attention and memory with fun and challenging games.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Jitterbug Smart Company Information