toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a program that was charging me quite a bit of money and we wanted something different, so we got a Jitterbug but I’m not all that happy with it. We don’t use the internet and we don’t do eBay, Facebook or any of that and yet every time we turned around we were going over on our data and nobody could possibly tell my why that was. Up to now I still don’t have answers to my questions. We have Google, evidently, and whenever Google decides to update it uses our data and we don’t have a choice. We can’t take Google off our phone, it’s the operating system.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been a Jitterbug user for years. My brother tried to get me interested in using AT&T, but the price was too high for me, so I switched back and I'm glad that they had a smartphone that I could use. The Jitterbug team seemed excellent, as usual, in finding out what I need to know. However, I had a flip phone before with them where I could press zero and it would automatically go to their customer service, and I don't know if it still does that on the newer phone. Because if it doesn't, then I won't be interested. I tried that once on a smartphone and it didn't do that. But I like it anyway, as it's a smartphone like other brands, and is cheaper for the different plans that they have.

When I ordered the phone for my 90 year old father, they said I can speak for him and order for him since he was hard of hearing. You have 30 days to return, no questions asked. Great! Took the money out of the account and sent phone. My dad couldn't get the hang of using a touchscreen so I called to send it back. I immediately got why? I explained why. "Well would you like to trade it for another." "No thank you." "Oh, you aren't (my dad's name)." He has to verify.

Once I got my dad to verify, I sent the phone back. I have been waiting for almost a month since they received the phone back and keep getting told money is going into account, then it was "oh no, we didn't receive it." I showed them proof of delivery. Finally had to call my bank and put in a claim and they are now going after them to get the refund. They didn't need my dad when they were taking money from his account...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went into the store to get just the cellphone which was all I wanted, but they didn't have this, so I settled for the Jitterbug Touch, a big, three and a half inches by six inches rectangular thing. It was Christmas and I was going to be on the road. When I talked to this guy who was setting me up with the telephone number, he said that he was doing me a big favor and putting it in so all I have to do is press one button, and then I'll get complete coverage and help if I have an accident but that's at a price that I cannot pay, and I'm getting very disgusted with them.

As for the phone itself, I'm not pleased with it because I can be very sure that I dialed a number right and it comes up wrong, then I've got to figure out how to erase it, and I don't have the time to figure out how to work that thing. It's too cock-eyed touchy and small. Although I've had it for about a year and I've gone over it, I've never been satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was hunting for a new cellphone and decided to try Jitterbug. I had to cut back on my expenses and that one was cheaper than a lot of others. The only trouble I've had with my Jitterbug phone lately is that, every now and then, it would have a message that they're shutting down on my phone. I've already called them about this matter after it happened the first time because when they shut down on my Jitterbug phone, I couldn't even call on it, and I had to use my landline phone and call them from there to see what that meant and why they shut down.

The rep took me to a rigmarole bunch of stuff on the phone, and I couldn't even repeat what she said. Then she wiped out every one of my conversations. I told her I had copied everything I wanted to save of my conversations on paper, since I don't trust computers. The shutdown of my Jitterbug phone has happened once or twice since then, but not for very long, so I haven't called them again. Despite this, I have already recommended them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

I received a recorded voicemail from GreatCall I was over my data usage even though I am on their highest plan. I have been trying to call/email them for three days. The Customer Service number 1-800-733-6632 has a recording "we are experiencing higher than normal call volume please call back later" and hangs up on me. I have called different days/different times and receive the same message. I attempted to email them twice but get an error message and the email won't go through. I better not get charged extra fees or this phone goes in the trash.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a cellphone before, but it was expensive and I only use five or ten minutes a month. I was paying too much, so I got a Jitterbug, which I use for emergency calls. It's cheaper. I had trouble setting it up at first, but it worked out in the end and I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would recommend Jitterbug. I use mine mainly for emergency when I go shopping or go away from home. I go by myself and in case something happens to me, I can push the red button on it. I'm using it for about five months and I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like my Jitterbug. Its face is so much simpler than other phones. I've looked at a lot of my friends' phones and they have all these little symbols on it which I haven't learned to use. But with Jitterbug, I just have that first list to go to. However, I've never really been able to use all of its capacities. The reps helped me to some degree, but I've been getting help from friends and gradually learning it. I live alone and I feel more comfortable knowing that I have it because if anything happens, I can get in touch with somebody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have GreatCall's call button hanging around my neck and it was very heavy and hot because of the GPS feature. Then when I saw the ads, I decided to get Jitterbug. It's not as convenient as the call button because I have to carry it in my pocket all the time, and if I fall and become unconscious, there would be no way that I could hit the button. But the other aspects of the Jitterbug are positive. I use it to call the same people and I use it a little more often to text because I didn't text with my old phone. I am 87 years old and I live alone, and I feel safer with it. I've never fallen and had to use a 5 Star button, but it gives me more confidence. It's very convenient and I have recommended it to a couple of friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have an aunt that had a stroke and she would’ve never been able to use a phone that had either touchtone or little buttons, so we got her a Jitterbug. I had her on my Verizon plan before and they had nothing that she would have been able to use. The Jitterbug is a great phone and it works really well. It’s easier for her to use and it’s pretty straightforward. She had another stroke since we got the cell phone but it's still easy for her to use it. Jitterbug was everything they said they were. They were simple and fast, and there wasn’t a bunch of hidden charges that I was going to have to pay later that supposedly were disclosed to me.

This phone is described as incredibly easy. When I purchased it via phone, I set up a billing account with name and password. When we received the phone we had to set up a gmail account for my father-in-law with another password. Then when the phone did not activate correctly, we called (waiting 30 minutes or more for all phone calls) and were told to set up a separate on-line account from the billing account: completely separate name and password!!! Three different passwords and still no active phone. Finally, the number that the sales rep said was portable at purchase would not be released by AT&T. When we finally gathered what we needed from At&t transfer the number, it turns out that data cannot be transferred!!! Waste of time and money, and an overall extremely frustrating experience! Returning this phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I still haven't learned how to use Jitterbug completely. I think I wiped out some apps or symbols at the top of the first line on a unit, but I read the book. I'm having an eye problem, so I haven't been able to really delve into it. They just told me information that's required to utilize it to its full extent. But it's been handy and my other land line is not doing very well. So I'm really basing everything that I'm doing on the Jitterbug. I had an AT&T Samsung unit before and it went bad and I had a lot of problems. I used to drive a lot and I require a mobile unit and it was very effective till it gave up the ghost. I recently had open heart surgery, and I'm recovering from it so I haven't been able to drive at this point and haven't been really able to utilize Jitterbug very much. I use it almost on a daily basis to call people. It's a very good unit and I like it. I'll be happier when I'm able to utilize it fully.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My kids made me get the Jitterbug Touch. I really didn't care about having a cellphone, but I wanted to have one just like everybody else. Its emergency features are really nice. I always take it with me when I go to the store, and I go to about five or six different stores. It makes me feel safer. Also, my neighbor put some music on there for me which was really cool. I can go sit anywhere and play my music if I wanted. I've told a couple of older people that I know how nice it is and I let them look at it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an open heart surgery about a year and a half ago, and I went with Jitterbug Touch for their 5Star Program. If I'm on a trip, it could follow me everywhere and I could get some help in case I had a problem. This one is much nicer, easier to use and has more features than the older model I had before. I haven't learned how to use it yet, but I do a little texting when I'm on a trip to my daughters. I'm 74 years old and in pretty good health other than my heart, but I play tennis with a bunch of guys. I recommended it to them for the 5Star system. It's good to have one in case I'm not at home and something happens.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an AT&T Samsung flip phone which was 2G. However, they sent a message that at the end of December this year those phones will no longer be any good and I had to get 3G or above. I got the Jitterbug Touch and it's better because it doesn't have the little buttons that I have to keep pushing for the letters. Its larger print is easier to use.

However, the battery will not stay charged very long at all. It'll say 100% then when I check and see if I had any text or anything, the battery is way down. They sold me a piece of junk that was $100 and something. The service also costs more than my AT&T unlimited plan. Another complaint I do have about Jitterbug is I can't forward calls to my house phone which I was able to do with my little flip phone. If Jitterbug had that option on there, I'd be highly pleased with it. Other than those, I like the phone okay. It's easier to work than a regular old flip phone and I do more texting now than before.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Jitterbug Touch phone is nice and handy. It's an important thing in my life now because I had a stroke and my daughter said I needed a cellphone. I take it wherever I go and if I fall down or something else happens, I have the cellphone to get hold of somebody. When I put it my pocket, it turns on when I don't want it to turn on. But other than that, I enjoy it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a TracFone and it was a pain in the tush to go get the card and pay for it, and to enter the numbers. I then decided that’s not the phone for me and I bought a Jitterbug Touch phone which is a hundred percent better. But I lost my book on how to work the phone. All I got is the little, tiny one that I started off with. And I don't know how to do the rest of the stuff that's on this phone. I'm going to be able to do more things when I learn how to do it and I'm going to see my daughter and grandson who are going to do me a lot of teaching because there's a lot of the stuff in the phone that I don't know how to do like putting the channel in and it’ll be able to get the weather or how it can get the traffic pattern.

But I like the phone and the way it operates, which is easy. I use it primarily when I go out and I'm away from my wife. Or if I go shopping, to the doctor or someplace, I take the phone with me and I'm able to stay in contact. When I'm on my way back, I always call and find out if there's anything I can pick up from the store. It's a fantastic phone and I'm very satisfied with it. It's light and I don't clip it on my belt. I just put it in my pocket and I don't need to lose it. The only thing was that when I don't plug it in and it's laying on the dresser for maybe two or three days that I haven't put a charge on it, it drains fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Jitterbug Touch. I've known about it from different articles with different things I get from different people all the time as well as through the mail. I still have my other phone which I really enjoy but I got Jitterbug because I’m a senior. It’s very easy to use and it's nice and big so it's for a lot of other people who have sight problems to be able to see the buttons. I am also able to do a lot more with Jitterbug because it’s a smartphone, but I’m still new to it and I'm going through things from time to time. I really like it, though. I like the pictures because they’re nice and big and I love that it has so many different features. I like to speak to it and it types for me. It’s wonderful that way. I can set up dates on different things so I really like that. The service team has been real good and I really haven’t had to call them very much but as a matter of fact, I’ve hit the button wrong for when I need them. At any rate, I have no negativity about it at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Jitterbug Touch because I thought it would be simpler than having a flip phone where I had to get it out and flip open before I could answer. I’m a computer/cell phone illiterate but I wanted to try the Jitterbug Touch. I thought it’d be easier, but it’s really not. Aside from playing with my phone quite a bit, all I do is call and answer the phone. But I'm really not happy with it and I wish I had kept my flip phone. But my wife likes me to have the phone in case I’m out and need her for something. I’ve got Jitterbug's minimum plan and it’s 200 minutes a month, but I don't use it a lot. 27 minutes was the most I’ve ever used.

My wife has an iPhone and I can use it. But my Jitterbug Touch is so sensitive. I bought a case that it slides in and I thought it would be good 'cause I won't have to grab it out of my pocket. However, even if I touch the chrome part on the very outside of it, it goes to a different screen and I'm constantly trying to get it back to the home screen. When I punch “call end”, people tell me that it will automatically redial them again. If I go to take it out of the case or go to get it out of my pocket, evidently, I touch the edge of the screen. It deletes the numbers just ‘cause I’m touching the edge of the screen. I couldn’t even find in the book what I would be doing to delete the numbers and half of the numbers are gone now. I’ve had my Jitterbug Touch about a year and it's been really discouraging, but I try to live with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wasn't happy with my old phone. My new Jitterbug is more expensive, but it's better. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't hold a charge very long. If I leave it on for six or seven hours, I have to recharge it again. I don't know if it's just my unit or if they're all like that, but that's my complaint.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a smartphone for my dad that would be more user-friendly than the standard Androids. He's had flip phones and another smartphone, but he wanted something that has as few steps as possible to call someone or to look something up. The Jitterbug is much better than his previous smartphone as it's more intuitive and he's gotten a lot more use out of it. I'm acting as my dad's tech support too, and we haven't had any problems. Initially, he used it just to make phone calls. But then, he got more curious about Googling things and started using it more for that, Facebook, and his emails. My dad and I have been very happy with his Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 87 years old and my kids wanted me to have a phone. I got a Jitterbug Touch phone but it doesn't hold a charge very long. I can charge it up to 100% and the next day, even if I haven't used it, it goes down. It should stay up if I’m not using it. I only need to use it once in a while but it shouldn't go down that fast in another day. I'm dissatisfied with it. Other than that, the phone is all right but I have to keep it on the charger. I've had phones before that worked very good and lasted a charge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had an open heart surgery and she only had 25 percent of her heart left and pacemaker. She couldn't drive so I made her get a Jitterbug Touch cellphone. However she had it turned off when they left the house. I didn't care when she's around the house because we got a landline. Then, she passed away and 10 years after, I kept seeing the advertisement for these phones about a big discount that ended on the 26th of December. I just called the store on the 26th and ordered it that way and got it through the mail. Then, they set it up. Before it, I had to write a check and send it in. Now, I just give them a credit number and then they automatically deduct it every month. I am satisfied with the Jitterbug Touch experience

My kids try to make it a point to keep it charged up. My son in 2008 was diagnosed with lung cancer. Now when I leave the house I keep it in my pocket so that if something happens, they can get a hold of me. My kids can text the message to me or even send a voicemail. But for me I use it just as a regular phone. I have trouble hearing, so I don't answer. But then, this has caller ID unlike my old phone. It will show the number so I know who it is. Also, I can call them back when I get to an area where I can hear on it. I've told a few friends and the older people about it. I don't know if any of them went and got one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don't like the Jitterbug Touch phone. It seems like it beeps all the time. When I go to see it, because I think a text is coming through, there's nothing coming through. I'm not happy with it. It's losing the battery power too now. It was fully charged last night then when I got it in the morning, it was dead. And another thing also, I had to go out and put it on the charger in the car, and that didn't do anything for it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just got the Jitterbug Touch for emergencies. The phone looked easy and I could see good with it. It's better than my old phone but I don't like the pricing plans. The ad said one thing but when I called it was a different thing. It was hard to get through them because of red tape.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Jitterbug now for about a year and a half, and I like the 5Star. But when I charge it now, it doesn't charge all the way to 100%. It goes to about 94% to 96%. Other than that, everything worked real good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were under contract with another service when Verizon had bought it out. Then we just rode out that contract but Verizon hadn't been good for us, so we went to GreatCall. They worked really hard with what we needed and sent me the Jitterbug Touch. We're still learning to use the Jitterbug, but we really like it because we can just hit the text button and say, "Send the text to so and so" and it will. We can send pictures when we want to and also put different ringtones on it for different people, so we're aware who is calling us.

However, I don't like the prices. We don't use our phone that much and I don't use my 250 minutes, but I feel that we should be rewarded with the gigabytes since we make our payment on time. But as far as the phone, I'm pretty happy with it. I only have WiFi here, but we use the internet when we're out in the area. I also like the 5star service where if we are stranded or in a place where we need help, all we need to do is push that button and it'll be there to help us. My husband still hasn't learned how to take and answer calls. I make him take it all the time, so he can be able to call in case he gets stranded when he's hunting. I recommend them to everybody. When we get out in public or with our friends, they like our phone. We have it set up with my grandkids' pictures on it and we send pictures back and forth. Everybody is very impressed with it. They'd all be talking about their Verizon new phones, but I've got more than they got for less.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

iPhones are very complicated and Jitterbug simplifies everything. My first few months with Jitterbug was pretty good. But now, it sometimes turns off by itself while on the phone, cutting off my communication, then it turns back on. Or, somebody would call me and then it will go right to voicemail, or it will ring once or twice and then that's it. I would have to call the person back because I didn't get to the call fast enough. Sometimes it slows down. I called them for that and was advised to turn off my phone when I'm charging. I did that then turn it back on and then it was normal again. The thing is, I might get an emergency call at night from a family member. I can't just turn it off. Also, I bought one of those selfie sticks and we can't seem to make it work on my Jitterbug. I'm satisfied with my experience and if I didn't have all those glitches with it, I would recommend it to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I only carry my Jitterbug Touch for safety purposes and I don't have it on all the time. I almost wanted to go back to my previous phone as well. But it was a little cheaper than with the AT&T flip phone that I had. I've tried to tough it out and I do mainly calls with it. It’s handy too especially one time when my cable for my landline was out for half the day. So, it's handy to have it when something like that happens. I've gotten accustomed to it and I don't do near the things that I probably could do with it but I don't want to. And I would not recommend it to someone who is not technically savvy. But my overall experience with Jitterbug was satisfactory.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile