toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had another phone which went bad on me. It was from Consumer Cellular. The Jitterbug Touch is the only phone GreatCall uses and it's a great improvement compared to my previous phone. It does everything I need it to do. Maybe it is not as fancy as some, but it works in every way. It’s a very good beginning phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The thing I like about the Jitterbug Touch is if I need to call my wife, I can hit one button and the next button I hit is for the phone ringing. I had a flip phone which I didn’t use and there was another one where you need to hit a different button to get to what you need, which is a bit time consuming because I don’t use it a lot compared to my grandchildren or even my wife. They can go right through it and I forget so it takes me a little while to get things going but the Jitterbug Touch is simple to operate. This is what I was looking for. Something simple without having to use it three, four, five times a day to familiarize yourself with your phone. I got mine and use it once or twice a day. I’m 83 years old and memory's a little lousy but this thing here makes it simple to get what I want.

I have it next to me now and everything seems to be what expected from it. Everything’s simple and that’s the thing I like about it. If I wanna have an email, I hit the email on there. I don’t have to go through two to three different steps to reach to an email. I use the voice command almost 98% of the time and I don’t type too much. Sometimes my emails come out a little funny, so before I send it, I gotta check it again because it didn’t pick up the right thing that I wanted on but outside of that, that’s fine. Also, the emergency thing was really good and so far, I haven’t needed to use it. I find it very convenient to use and I’m very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I only use the Jitterbug phone for emergency and it’s pretty good. I like that phone and would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Jitterbug was so far very satisfactory. It's easy to use and the price was right. It has Wi-Fi, Facebook and email on it so, that’s convenient, unlike my previous phone which didn't have Wi-Fi, GPS and email. Also, whenever I've called, Jitterbug's customer service people have been really helpful. I’d recommend Jitterbug.

Jitterbug Smart

Shirley, we are sorry to hear you trouble using your Jitterbug Smart phone and appreciate your feedback. Our 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, is available Monday – Saturday, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time and if you call from another phone, we would be happy to assist you with your Smart phone. There are also many How to videos available on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzDwpIWlAv1VvxcSlLLuP5Bfo3ppX7--P, to help you with your phone.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I hardly ever use my Jitterbug Touch because it’s too complicated for me. I wanted to learn how to text but I’m having a lot of trouble using it. I had a stroke so I’m having a lot of trouble with stuff. I use my old AT&T flip phone all the time now but I'm hoping that I’ll learn how to use my Jitterbug Touch someday. Hopefully, my son and his kids will come from New Jersey and teach me a little bit on how to use it. Otherwise, I’ll give it away to one of them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a smartphone and I thought Jitterbug Touch might had the best one because I’ve seen their advertisements. The other phone I had was a T-Mobile and it was a regular phone for calling out and calling in. I was a bit frustrated with the phone I got from Jitterbug to begin with. There’s a lot of things I still don’t know, but I’m learning and I’m enjoying it. I mostly have it for the purpose of having a phone that I need and something that I can get to if I need it.

Jitterbug Smart

Becky, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and appreciate your feedback. Our 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, is available Monday – Saturday, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time and if you call from another phone, we would be happy to assist you with your Smart phone. There are also many How to videos available on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzDwpIWlAv1VvxcSlLLuP5Bfo3ppX7--P, to help you use your phone.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Their customer service representatives have always been very nice and helpful. But I’m dissatisfied and it’s mostly my fault because it’s not what I want. It’s for somebody that wants more out of it than I do. The only thing I wanted it for was to have it in the car with me. I thought if I really liked it but I don’t. It hasn’t been successful for me. I wanted to do a simple thing, ring and let me answer it and make a phone call.

One time, I waited on to a phone call and there wouldn’t be any way I could answer it. It didn’t get the regular answering system on there. There wasn’t anything and somehow it’s just blank. And then I called them and they corrected that. Also, when talking on the phone, all these messages come in or advertising. I just don’t think it’s a good phone. I’m not interested in all the extras that come with it. I’m 88 years old and use a phone basically to talk to people and that’s it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve tried a couple other providers before but nothing that was very satisfying. Then, Jitterbug was cheaper and it seemed to work good. There was no reason not to do it. I'm definitely using it more frequently and it's quite easy to use. It’s been working just fine and I’m happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the idea of buying a Jitterbug Touch. It seemed like a good phone to get. However, I'm not using it very much and I have to ask my kids to use it. But, I know Jitterbug will be great once I start using it. I plug it every night and I unplug it every morning. And then I use a walk around phone that we have in the house because I’m not out that much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were using Verizon and had two phones but we lived in the country and they couldn't cover us, yet we still had the phones because we travelled. The cost was not helpful to us because we were older and didn't use it a lot. When I saw the ad of Jitterbug Smart, the main thing for me was the cost and simplicity of it so I went with them. I have gotten two at the beginning, but my husband isn't well and I cut it down to one. It has the same coverage as Verizon so I'm very happy with it. I haven't compared it to anything but Verizon. I use it a lot. I reach out to them for a couple of reasons but mainly it was for additional help such as getting a number and an address if I need to find a store or alphabetize my caller list.

I've had wonderful results from contacting customer service or if I call the operator. I've been with GreatCall for so long and we used their 5Star when we weren't in an institution and not yet on assisted living. I was caring for my husband many years and I wanted to make sure I could get help so we used 5Star until we moved. I'm very happy with GreatCall and very pleased with what they have going. I love them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have found Jitterbug Touch to be good so I got one. However, I like it less compared to my flip phone before because I can't figure out how to answer it and how to hang it up at the time when somebody called. But we don't get many calls so I'll figure it out sooner or later. Nonetheless, it has been a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother would take off and I don't know how to get a hold of her and she’d walk in the town. So, I thought it’d be good to get her a phone. I purchased the Jitterbug Touch phone for her and I thought it would help us but she gets a little confused about how to use it. Sometimes, she gets a little confused about where she went or where she was at, at one point. She has good and bad days and she’s doing much better now but I’ve been thinking of canceling it because she does not use it at all. She takes off walking not carrying a purse or have the phone with her.

But we’re going to go on a trip and I’m going to try and use it. We’re going in September so I’m going to hang onto it and work on her with the phone for a bit in case we get lost in the boat or she takes off somewhere. I’ll get her to use it because I really want her to have it around her in case. It’s a great service and it’s a wonderful phone. The problem is getting my mom to get more familiar with it and wanting to take it with her and if she does have it, I always say to leave it on. Also, the volume’s so low and I put the ringer all the way up to the top. They need to work on the volume for people of her age. But I’ve had a lot of people say a lot of really great things and it's a great device.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a new cellphone and Jitterbug phone was simple, easy to use, and has large numbers, so I decided to purchase one. I like Jitterbug Smart better compared to the last phone I had. I use it primarily for long distance calls and it’s fine. It’s also very simple to use and dependable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since I’m a senior citizen, I thought it would be easier but my experience with Jitterbug has not been good. It’s a lot more complicated because this is my first smartphone and the others were just flip phones which are very simple to operate. Also, it is so sensitive. You barely touch it and it does something else other than what you wanted it to do. But I was ready for a smartphone. I love sitting at my kitchen table and making long-distance phone calls with no problem rather than having to go upstairs and get service. That’s the nicest part and we were in Colorado Springs, so that part is an advantage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always had my other cellphone so I haven’t used my Jitterbug phone in a long time. Nevertheless, I would recommend Jitterbug to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 70 years old and I had a flip phone. I was trying to text my grandkids on it and they kept telling me that I needed another phone. So, my son told me I could try the Jitterbug Touch because it seems really simple. I got a Jitterbug Touch and it’s much better. It's much easier to text with it because with the little flip phone I had, I had to go to the ABC to text something and it took forever. I'm also taking more pictures now. However, sometimes when I put the Jitterbug phone in and out of my purse, I push things that I don’t want to push like Urgent Care. I’ve done it twice and I didn’t mean to because of the little red dot. Also, recently my pictures from my text weren’t going through. I wasn’t receiving and I couldn’t send them. So I called the service and they walked me through it. Something was turned off because I’m always pushing buttons trying to learn new things.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Consumer Cellular and Sprint before and when I travel for vacation, these two didn't have coverage and I was in a dead zone. When I was looking around, it looked like Jitterbug used Verizon. I like it better because of the coverage and everything works fine for me. My daughter also got Jitterbug and when we go up to see her, we both got empty service where she lived. But all we got to do is go down the mountain a little bit and we both got good service. Jitterbug is easy to use and I like it. I use it mainly for emergencies and I don’t give out my cell phone number because of my limited minutes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always saw the Jitterbug flip phone on TV and I wanted it. I never had a phone before. I'm 70 years old and everybody thought I needed a phone. My granddaughter gave me the Jitterbug Touch that I have now, but I couldn't text and use it as I have arthritis and it's too difficult for me. But the customer service was very nice. I thought I could do the texting or speaking, but I could not, so they took that off and they were very good. However, I just don't think I got the right phone. I got to have the flip one where you just dial the numbers and on and off. But overall, this Jitterbug Touch is a very nice phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug Touch in the AARP magazine. It appeared to be cheap but when I got into it, it was more expensive than it was advertised in the paper. There were add-ons that the phone people usually do. Also, when I first got it, I got a tremendous bill for downloading my email and I thought it was free. I was intending to download an app regarding my hearing aid which will allow me to control my hearing aid with the phone. I purchased Jitterbug for an emergency in the car and I haven't had any emergencies. I got in touch with their customer service team when they first set it up and we got it to work. It seems like Jitterbug was a simpler thing than it really is too. But, I wouldn't recommend Jitterbug Touch to a friend because other phones offer much more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m 80 years old and my eye sight’s so bad. And since Jitterbug Touch had a larger print, I decided to purchase one. However, I have difficulty figuring out how to answer it. They’ve also got games on there but I have no idea how to play them. It came with a paper but it doesn’t tell you much.

Jitterbug Smart

Carol, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest level of Customer Service and will always take the time to understand each individual subscriber’s needs and usage requirements before we recommend a service plan. Jitterbug phones were specifically designed to work on the GreatCall network which is powered by the nation’s largest and most dependable wireless network.

Original review: May 23, 2017

If this phone is suppose to be for seniors, it is a joke. I run a business and have more the 7 phones and NONE of them have been as difficult as this one was to set up for my parents. I finally gave up and cancelled it and put my parents on my account. I spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to get it set up before I just told them to cancel the whole mess. P.S. Don't take the SIM card out and put it back in, because the phone doesn't work then... And it voids your warranty. I have taken SIM cards in and out of every phone I owned and never heard of that one before!!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The previous cell phone I had was a knock off that I didn't want to spend much for it, and it's very complicated. Then, my daughter said to get Jitterbug with the internet. She thought that for something I'm not that interested in, it wouldn't have been so bad. I did it because I thought I might learn how to use it but I feel like I bought a little bit more than I needed it. I would like to have the Jitterbug without the system because I don't need the stuff and I feel like I'm being charge way too much for the amount that I use per month.

I've never had the fancy iPhones and I'm not that savvy with computer stuff. I'm 81 years old and I'm quite clear in my head and physically fit. I also don't use a telephone that much. I slightly resist the fact that I need to carry it with me everywhere I go. I never carried the landline with me and survived quite well in the world. It's a nuisance and I would like to pay $7, have them put a landline back in my house and throw this telecom thing away. But I felt like that Jitterbug was a safer phone. If they were that careful with everything else they did, it would probably be safer. I love the fact that it's large and that it's got everything I'm supposed to need. I'm just trying to survive and I'm trying to get the best thing for me. I'm satisfied with the phone and I would keep it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a cheaper cellphone than an Apple or Samsung that comes with a cheaper service plan. Apple and Samsung would have been $700 but Jitterbug was about $110. Also, I was able to get a cheaper monthly plan than I could have with Verizon or AT&T. The Jitterbug works good and has a lot more capabilities because I had a Motorola flip phone before and it didn't have text or data with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m a Senior and the other cellphone that I had before Jitterbug was simpler to use. It was just a phone and that's all I need. I don't like Jitterbug because it’s confusing for me. But, I'll recommend it to a friend. It's just that I don't use it very often.

Jitterbug Smart

Shirley, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and appreciate your feedback. Our 100% U.S. based Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, is available Monday – Saturday, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time and we would be happy to assist you with your phone.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I bought Jitterbug phones for me and my husband. He's not a real phone-phone kind of person, but when he goes out, he takes it with him. So, in case he has to call somewhere, he can. I thought it would be a good deal because they have bigger letters, etc. but I don’t like it. In fact, I don’t use the phone that much and I’ve got where I don’t even bother carrying mine at all. So, I probably will just cancel it and I’m going to get another phone like I had before, a Sony, which I liked better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had AT&T and was ready for a new phone. I wanted to go with the Jitterbug 5 for its medical alert feature. The other reason I went with this one instead of the flip phone, which I should have done, is I can use a Bluetooth with this one. I can't drive like these people with the phone to the ear. However, the problem I'm having with it is if I don't turn it off completely, I can't touch anything because if I do, it'll make that phone call. I put it down and then I'll go and do something and poof, I'm making a phone call. But I'm not dissatisfied with it. It's fine. It's a phone and that's what I needed. It has a lot of features that I can do but I'm just not into the stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter used to work for Verizon Wireless and she got me my first cell phone. It worked really well and I used it for quite a while. I was familiar with the Verizon phone but the battery got bad and then you couldn't replace it so the phone wasn't good anymore. My daughter was also paying for that phone and I don't want her to do that so I decided to switch to Jitterbug. However, there are some days that I didn't turn it on because I mostly use the landline. And the only thing that worried me after I got it is when people started talking about phones like Samsung catching fires.

But I'd definitely recommend Jitterbug. I'm an old person and I'm not tech savvy. Despite that, I get a good reception, I could take pictures and I can text and do stuff that I want. It also got a nice tone when I use it. It's convenient and I can contact people when I'm outside. It's a pretty good phone. I also like that I wasn't held in a contract. I could quit if I decided that I didn't like it or it didn't work for me.

Jitterbug Smart

Fleurette, we are sorry to hear you are having trouble using your Jitterbug Smart phone and appreciate your feedback. You may need to set up your notifications and our Customer Service can help with that. Please call 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday, from another phone for assistance.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Jitterbug Touch is supposed to be easier for us seniors. But, I find it more complicated. We had a flip top phone before and that was easy to use. Our lifestyle has been busy now so we've been using the Jitterbug pretty much. However, I've been having problems with it. Maybe I'm not thinking the way it thinks. We don't cooperate with each other. I'm trying to get a text message and it jumps to a different screen. Sometimes when I get a text, it doesn't even signal that I got one. It came one time and a couple of minutes later, I got a text and I didn't even know I received it because it didn't ring. I only knew it when I checked the phone and saw a text. On the whole, I'm dissatisfied with Jitterbug Touch.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 85 years old and I need a little entertainment so I got a Jitterbug. I used to have Sprint but I like Jitterbug much better. I use my Jitterbug mostly for texting and Facebook but I'm afraid to do some things because it might cost me more. I don't want to pay more than I'm paying already because we have to watch our bills now that we're older. But I really enjoy my Jitterbug and their customer service team was very helpful and nice when I had some kind of problem with it so I appreciated that. I have recommended Jitterbug to a couple of other friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a cell phone that I could take pictures with and in case I need it on the road. I don't use the cellphone that much though. But I really like Jitterbug and I'd represent it to a friend. Anytime I talk to their representatives when I was ordering it, they were real helpful and courteous. I never had problems.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile