toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had seen Jitterbug Touch in AARP Magazine and it looked simple because it had all the apps on the face. I'm up in age a little bit and that appealed to me because the only phone I ever had just made and took calls, and so I wasn’t up on all the apps and how to work them. A friend of mine convinced me to get a phone that I could text on and we could text back and forth and it did that so I ordered it. I had ordered a couple of phones and sent them back because they were just too over my head, but this one was simple enough with a little assistance from some of my friends. I haven't mastered it but I've been able to use it. I do text now, but not a whole lot. And I've added more people to my itinerary now. It's been easy and handy with Jitterbug Touch.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in need of a new cellphone and Jitterbug was on the AARP magazine that I get. I like that everything is large on the Jitterbug. I had a stroke and my sight is not as clear as it used to be. Since I got my Jitterbug, it's easier to read. I can make a telephone call if I get to the app that tells me where the telephone is. I love my Jitterbug Touch, but it seems that I can't use it like I would like to. I can't get the hang of using it and can't use it well. I was wondering if there was some place close I could go to learn to use it, or if I knew someone else who had one like it who could teach me how to use it. But I'm satisfied with it. And if I learned how to use it, I'd be really fine with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with AT&T before but switched to the Jitterbug Touch due to the price. We just use it when we go somewhere and it’s serving us well. I've told people about it, mainly about the cost.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the flip phone I had so I decided to get one that was a little more complicated. I got a Jitterbug Touch and I still don't understand the whole thing. It has a lot more features and it's more advanced than my flip phone. I haven't learned how to use everything but the camera's fun to use. I'm very satisfied and happy with the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son thought that I should have a Jitterbug Touch and so that's what I got. However, I'm not really into this thing. I have always had a cellphone, but I'm not one of those people who go around talking on the cellphone all the time. I only used my cellphone to call when I had an emergency or I really needed to do something. I gave nobody my cellphone number because I never had it on. I don't use it very often and it's not very important to me. But what I have seen on the Jitterbug Touch is fine with me, and I think it must be a very good product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Verizon and I was not happy with it. It was very expensive so I got a Jitterbug that is less money. I had to call a couple of times and they helped me out with how to use the phone. The folks that I've talked to have been very helpful and were very much on the ball. They were very willing to answer whatever questions I had and in a very pleasant manner. The phone is fine but it's difficult to use. I'm 85 years old and I don't know how to pull up all the things that are on it. It's just that I'm too old to learn new tricks. I'm thinking about getting a regular phone because all I need is a phone for people to call me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is the first time I ever used a Jitterbug but I like it a lot. It was through word-of-mouth that I heard about it. The phone is more advanced to me but it's easy to use and read. One time I called about my bill and it went well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband got the Jitterbug Touch for both of us. It's supposed to be simple and we were looking for a simple plan. We had two phones so when my husband passed away, I called them. The young man told me that he would discontinue the service on my husband's phone and he was very pleasant and very nice. However, I noticed in the bill the other day that I'm getting charged for voicemail but I'm not getting any voicemail on my Jitterbug. I've had several friends try to make it work but they all failed. I don't know what to do about it but I haven't called it in to customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a previous phone before but I wanted to get a larger version so I got Jitterbug. It's better and easier to dial with it but I don't use it very much at all and I probably need to cut down on the number of minutes I'm paying for. But when I did a little pocket dialing a couple of times, they thought I was dying and their response was quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Jitterbug Touch from the Sears store, called in and activated it from home. Activation was easy and since then, I've liked to have it with me when I'm out in case I need it for emergencies. I enjoy my Jitterbug Touch very much and I think it's very reliable. Overall, I’m very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had a smartphone and it was costing around $90 a month. We're both retired, and don't text and do all the stuff that one has to buy with a package to get a smartphone. We changed to Jitterbug because of the cost difference and now we're only paying $30 a month instead of 90. The Jitterbug does what we want it to do. It's really easy to use and cheap.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug gives me a sense of knowing that if I need to make a call to the 911 alarm system, it's there for me. I chose it for the alarm button. The person that I talked to when I ordered the phone was very courteous and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed an emergency call system and I had tried Great Touch and several others and could not get one to work down here. I'm in a very low cell phone reception place. In the meantime, my daughter-in-law who lives on the same property way up in the country within one mile from mehad antennas put on her Verizon. She could get WiFi, so, better cell phone reception. I am able to get it and I'm able to use the Jitterbug Smart outside but not inside my house. I can only use it when I'm on the road but it certainly is better than not having any.

When it was set up, people started calling me and I wasn't getting the calls. So, I called customer service and asked how to increase the loudness of the ringtone. I'm 85-years-old, I have vision problems and I had to hold the Jitterbug in one hand and the regular phone in the other and tried to get it all setup. The woman didn't seem to understand that I couldn't talk to her and do whatever she was asking me to do at the same time. She thought I must be crazy and she didn't understand that I live in the middle of the ranch way out from everything so I wasn't getting a cell phone signal. Finally, I just gave up and told her to forget it.

Also, I am very frustrated that it takes a while to turn on and if I quit using it and leave it on, I still have to hit the 1, 2, 3 buttons and it still takes quite a while. I basically couldn't use it in an emergency. I still am trying to get an alert and emergency call button. But I have really enjoyed the camera and getting pictures of various things and people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Jitterbug phone is okay and it's a really good phone. I used AT&T before, and my Jitterbug phone is a lot easier to see. I've got low vision, so it really helps me there. I appreciate it and I'd recommend it to a friend. However, I don't get very good reception with it. I've talked to the Jitterbug guys about this, but it still didn't help much. With the other phone, I got really good reception. I wish I could get better reception with my Jitterbug phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug Touch on the paper advertised at 25% off and thought it's for me being in my 80's. Their customer service team was very helpful. I got a smartphone but the numbers were so small and I have glaucoma so my Jitterbug phone made it much easier for me to see. I've had no problem making phone calls, but I'm having difficulty answering them. I haven't got used to that since my kids and my friends usually call me on the landline and nobody else has the number except our family. Also, when I get a call it doesn't connect. By the time I get a phone call I've lost them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I first heard about Jitterbug Touch from a friend of mine who had it. I mainly use it to make and receive calls and I still haven't learned to do some things on it, plus I'm retired now so I don't use it as much as when I worked. But I like it and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Old people use the Jitterbug phone a lot. I had so much trouble typing with my slide phone before, because my fingers won't hit the buttons right. But Jitterbug has a bigger screen and it's easier to type a text. I forget from one day to the next how to work it, but overall I had a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their price is what made me purchase with Jitterbug. It works just fine. Their service team is always friendly and helpful. I have no problems with them at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I understand Jitterbug a little better than my previous cellphone and their customer service team has always been friendly and knowledgeable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug Touch is a little too big to keep in the pocket. I prefer the flip phone that I had before because it was small and it fit in my pocket. The Jitterbug works but I would like something a little smaller.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The phone is too big for me and it's hard to carry around. At first, I had the wrong number and it's a nuisance. Also, I have a lot of people texting me and I don’t know who the hell they are.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a TracFone before but the Jitterbug Touch offers more options. I needed that kind of phone and it seemed like a good one to purchase. Also, I had friends that had purchased the other variety of Jitterbug that’s why I went ahead and got one. I would recommend it to a friend and though I'm unfamiliar with this kind of phone, once I become more accustomed to it that would be good for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Jitterbug for quite a while now and I use it most exclusively for cellphone. I'm 90 years old and I don't have a lot of things that I need to investigate or keep track of, but it's nice to have it because it always has the correct time and date and the weather shows up on it. I needed something different than the old flip phones, which sometimes gave me trouble and did not always sound good. I also thought it would be easier to navigate the Jitterbug than my old flip phone, but I found out that there's a lot of things I'm still learning about it. But it's easier to read it and it seems like it's always been very clear. Also, I can adjust the volume easier on it and the speaker phone on it works better than it ever did on my other phones.

When I ordered the Jitterbug, they sent me the whole phone thing and there was no battery on it. It took a couple of phone calls before I finally got them to realize that there was no battery. At first, the rep didn't believe me that the phone didn't have a battery. I said, "No, it should be on the phone. So, if you wanna just send me the battery, I can probably install it and go from there." He said, "No, we can't do that. You gotta send it back. And as soon as we know that you've sent it back, we'll send you another one," which I didn't think was very nice. Most everything that I've had to deal with technical people over the phone, they don't think I know anything. Overall I wanted a phone that was a little more open and easier to handle. That's what I got. It's fairly simple too and not nearly as complicated as I've seen some others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug was sold as something very easy to understand and designed for seniors who did not have that much experience with smart phones. I don’t use it as much as I could because I don’t have the opportunity or the need to use the features. For example, if I’m lost, I don’t know how to figure out where I am exactly. That’s a feature that I’d have to figure out. I’ve also had some icons that I couldn’t get off of my screen and I had to get somebody to help me get them off of there. For us poor seniors Jitterbug needs to give us an icon dictionary. The only other thing is that I went to send a picture and I got charged extra for sending it. Again, it’s not a function that I use very much so I wasn’t sure exactly what I was doing. So there are a lot of functions on that machine that I could probably use if I knew how they worked.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I keep my Jitterbug as an emergency phone and I'm happy what I use it for. It also seems to be helpful for my needs. I like the bigger buttons and the ability to take pictures of anything. It looks like something that will be easy for me to handle and it has more features than my previous phone. It's also good to know that the medical alert feature is there. I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Jitterbug Touch and I like everything about it. I ordered it when I saw it in the magazine. I had a TracFone before, and the Jitterbug Touch is so much better. The customer service reps have been great. They were very informative, had answers for everything, and were polite and nice to talk to. I don't use my cellphone a whole lot, so they had a plan that would fit me. I use my Jitterbug Touch a little more than I did my other cellphone. However, I'm pretty old and I don't use the texting at all. But I have used the camera and I like it. We went shopping for a lawnmower and I had my Jitterbug Touch with me. So, I took pictures of a couple of different kinds of lawnmowers to help us decide, and that was a good thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was fooling around with my Jitterbug when I got it. Maybe I was using Google and I was running it up and didn't realize it. Then someone called me and said, You're running up a $100 bill." I thought, "Oh, my gosh. I can't do this." I didn't know what I'd do but when I told them that I just bought it and was fooling around with it they said, "We'll lower that fee." So they did then. So I am paying about $53 a month for my cell phone. I've used it to phone our family and I use the texting. I also like the calculator, I use that a lot. But there's a lot of apps on it that I don't use. I thought that may bring the cost of the monthly fee down if I don't use those apps. I'd like to get that down to $30. But when I spoke their rep, I don't think she told me how to get it down. So I must learn to use it right. $53 is just a little much for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I are in our 70's. We thought it was a good idea to have a cell phone because we don't live in the city or if we're in a vehicle, we might need help. Jitterbug has all the nice features including being able to take pictures. I just can't remember how to use all of them. It's depressing to have it and not to be able to use all of it. Sometimes my husband and I can't even turn the stupid phone on. Then, I find out that if I take the free case off I can finally turn it on. It's been frustrating.

Also, they have a $22 monthly bill. Last month we were in Florida and we used our cell phone more than we normally do. We kept in touch with the kids back home and now I think our bill is bigger this month. If they say that I went over my minutes, I'll say "don't charge me" because most of the months, I don't even come close to using them. Also, my grandson and daughter were teaching me how to text. Then I found out that it was $0.10 a text. A dime isn't much but it adds up and I'm not going to pay that. Whenever I don't use the phone, I feel like I'm paying for something I don't really need. I keep thinking maybe I should switch to another provider because I'd only pay for what I use. They said I could get my bills as low as $10 a month and I think that is all we need because we only use it for emergencies or travel. Jitterbug can probably improve by pricing things differently.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I only take my Jitterbug with me when I have to travel. I use the map on it but I haven't navigated on that very well. I also thought that the phone is going to be pretty simple and it has a bigger screen, but they have different pop-ups that ask me to sign up and I just ignore them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a bad heart and since I need to keep in touch with people, my wife got me a Jitterbug Touch. It's a lot better than my previous phone, wherein the line kept breaking up so people couldn't understand me. Also, the battery of my old phone could not be kept charged. So I like Jitterbug Touch a lot better and I’d recommend it.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile