toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve had so much bad experience with other phone companies, so we decided to purchase the Jitterbug Touch. We used to be on AT&T, but they kept charging us for stuff we never purchased. The Jitterbug customer service people are very good. Anytime I call them, they’ll do whatever I ask them. I don’t quite understand my Jitterbug yet, but I have the function keys where I could call the Jitterbug team, and they help me really well when I call them. My Jitterbug works all the time. All the other phones we had always messed up and block out every once in a while. My wife feels that what we are paying is a little high for what we're getting, but still, I am thinking about getting another Jitterbug phone and give my wife mine because all I use is Jitterbug voice for telephone calls, and she uses it on everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a landline, but my sister was pointing out that it would be good to have a cellphone as well to take in the car or if the other phone doesn't work, I would have a backup telephone so we got a Jitterbug but I don't really use it too much. I haven't quite advanced into the new age and I'm somehow more comfortable talking on my landline. But I feel a little more confident since having Jitterbug. I've had situations where I had to use Jitterbug because the other phone wasn't functioning so it has come in handy about three times.

One thing I find that's disconcerting is the volume along the side of the phone. I've had it happen at first where I was inadvertently pressing the volume because I was touching that button, not realizing that it's the way I held the phone. I figured that out now, but it seems like it doesn't really get very loud. Overall it was a satisfactory experience with Jitterbug and I'm glad I have a backup.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far, everything is all right with my Jitterbug Touch. However, I would like to do more on it, it's just that I haven’t taken the time to do so. Nonetheless, I can see my icons in my Jitterbug Touch and I know when it would burn heat, and I can always go back in the history and see the number if anybody called. So far, I've been very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I can't really get out, so I thought I'd try Jitterbug Touch but I don’t fully understand this smartphone. I have a flip phone before that I could keep in my pocket but I can't with this one. Nevertheless, their customer service team were okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I'm old so I needed some type of means of calling. But I could not get the other phone that the government gives anymore. I do have a phone service through cable and but if the cable was out, I wouldn't be able to contact anybody so I needed some type of cellphone. It's a convenience that I know I need so I chose to get a Jitterbug Touch, but I'm not happy I did. It's too much for me to try to figure out what to do. I'm not doing it right and it's not coming out right. But it was nice for my kids and grandchildren to be able to send me pictures and things of that type. But as far as using it myself, it's a bit complicated for me to remember all the stuff. The government phone was better because it was simple and easy for me to use. I'm satisfied as far as what Jitterbug provides but overall, I feel like I'm paying more than I need to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug was the very first cell phone I ever had. But I don't have it anymore since the buttons were too small for my hands. When I had it, the cell phone made me comfortable going someplace. I got it because it didn't seem to be as complicated as other telephones. And if I would have car trouble or I had to call my husband for help or anything, then I would use it. Their staff always seem to be polite and nice. They always try to help with whatever problem we were having. The only reason I didn't like the Jitterbug was because the buttons were too small for my hand. Also, we paid for our minutes in advance which was fine but you couldn't carry over what you didn't use. If you don't use your minutes and you paid for them, you should be able to carry them over. But I like the Jitterbug. I think it was good for senior citizens except for the buttons.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like my Jitterbug Touch a lot better than the phone that I had before, and although I've been having problems with it, I got one problem resolved a couple of months ago. When my Jitterbug rings, I'm supposed to put my finger on the green light on the screen that goes from left to right to answer the phone, but it wasn’t working. So, I called and I spoke with one of the Jitterbug representatives who ended up telling me that what they would do is to change it for me so all I'd have to do now is push the button on the front of the phone to answer it. So, that’s what I've been doing and it's working fine. Also, I've noticed that within the last four weeks, it seems the battery is not lasting as long, and I've gotten in the habit of putting it back on the charger around noontime for a couple of hours. It's not a problem, though. In fact, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jitterbug to anybody. I'd even recommend it to a stranger.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 82 years old. I don't see and hear well. I saw the big numerals of Jitterbug Touch in the magazine and I thought, "Oh, I could see that." Everything's big in it and I'm getting used to it. I use Jitterbug Touch about every day. I check to see who sends me a message and what's on it. I've had to call the Jitterbug Touch customer service team a few times to ask for help and they've been helpful. I was not sure I could learn to master an intricate phone, but I check the book sometimes but bit by bit and day by day I'm getting a little better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my Jitterbug for a good six months. I use my smart phone, particularly the text messages, and it’s charged up each day, although I'm not a high user of the phone and I'm not glued to it every second of my life. I have a new granddaughter now, so I have photos and a photo album, and that’s really great stuff. It's pretty cool to have the smart phone because it replaces having to sit at your desktop PC. You've got your internet that you can work with at the palm of your hand, and there's a whole series of apps on that phone that you can deal with, and you can go to the app store and get all these other stuff.

However, it was overwhelming when I was first introduced to this product and my initial experience with it was extremely frustrating. In the beginning, I was very dissatisfied when I received the phone. I had sat down and studied the user guide, but I had to place calls to Technical Support since a lot of the frustration came about because of the user guide which was totally insufficient. There was not enough information in it to really maximize on all the things in the phone, which requires quite a bit of information. The literature was not up to speed and comprehensive enough, and they never sent me an updated user guide. They're selling a product that lacks a tutorial that can walk customers through without having to repeatedly call them.

When I first got the phone, I had to make two to three phone calls to have the Tech Support people walk me through things. It took me two weeks with numerous calls to them to try to understand things. Within a matter of a few weeks, I was almost on the point of just saying, "Look, I don't want this product. I'd like my money back." That's how bad it was. They expected the customers to know how to use all the features of the phone without any tutorial instruction. Customers call and speak with them, and get this product that comes to their home, and then they get stuck to the point of "Jeez, what am I gonna do? I'd really like to use this phone, but I don't know how." It's going to take customers one to two months to really understand what they're doing with this phone.

Getting acclimated to a whole new technology upgrade requires a tutorial, and they need to improve on that aspect to try to help the consumers understand all the features, functions, and applications. A tutorial that has a video, shows examples, and walks customers, especially seniors, through would be a great idea to look forward to when they purchase the Jitterbug smart phone so they can can get adjusted to the product. This would negate having to make so many phone calls to Reno where the Jitterbug comes from, or their other location in North Carolina.

The younger folks are usually more tech-savvy than the seniors. I even asked my own daughter who is very tech-savvy to help me with my phone, but she said, "Dad, I can't really help you with this. I don't understand this phone." So, what's my option? I had to call Reno and ask for technical support. This was what I was up against. They claim in their ads that this smart phone is so simple to use, but it’s not, so their ad is very misleading. I had to be willing as a retiree to make the commitment to learn how to use it. I really stuck with it because I'm the type of guy who is willing to hang in there and try it. The whole thing is a learning experience when you're dealing with this smart phone.

When I consulted with the Tech Support people, it was a simultaneous process. They were able to actually see the screen as I would see it, to help me understand whatever application I was doing. The phone’s got all these features, like the clear-all apps. You press on a certain button that's on your screen and then you have to touch it when it says “Clear” to clear all apps. That's like an exit procedure. You're allowed so many megabytes or gigabytes, but if you don't clear all apps or you're not exiting properly from the internet when you're using that, the phone is constantly on and you're actually paying for that.

The more you get to talk to the people at Jitterbug, you find out things in dribs and drabs. In the guide book, there is nothing written in terms of a procedural process telling the consumer how to go through those particular commands with your smart phone. I had to get that from the Technical Support people. I said, "How do you guys know that when the user guide doesn't even tell us that?" The answer that they’ve given was that the people who roll out the program took a two-month course to learn about the Jitterbug smart phone and how to use it. Seniors can get adjusted to the phone after numerous calls, help, and walks-through with the technical support service, but it's very frustrating.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm still learning how to use my Jitterbug but I like it and I'm finding that I’m going to need a pendant because I fell and I only had the phone. The Jitterbug phone was out of reach and my house phone was in reach so I got that. Right now, the phone is not working. I can’t receive or make calls. I’ve been in rehab because of the fall and there was no service there so that might have had something to do with it. I haven't tried calling Jitterbug to reactivate the phone, but every time I interacted with them, they were always friendly and knowledgeable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old and I don't see or hear too well, so my daughter got me a Jitterbug Touch and I've been perfectly satisfied with it. I used a flip phone with Verizon before and the Jitterbug is totally different from it because with the flip phone that I had, I could only text and make phone calls on it. With Jitterbug when I go out to eat, I take my cellphone with me, get on the internet and do things I couldn't do with my little flip phone. I really like that I can get on the internet because if I'm out and I want to go to Facebook or anywhere, I just take my phone out and go. It is also much easier to read because it's even bigger than the regular smart phones. It's also easier to text with it. I tried to call the Jitterbug reps between Christmas and New Year and I never got anybody, but that was probably because it was a holiday and it was so slow. But the time I did call them, everything went real smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jitterbug Touch looked like something that I wanted and it's not real expensive. When I first got it, I called them and the staff walked me through how to get it to work. They were real friendly and helpful. And the phone is working real well. It has just about everything on it that I need and a lot of things on it that I don't need. I'm real confident in it. I charge it, take it off the charger when it charges and take it anywhere I go in case of emergency. I'm glad I read about it and got it. It's very easy to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a better phone so I decided to get a Jitterbug Touch. It's much easier with better connection and I can get more distance with it. I haven’t had it that long but my granddaughter is helping me because I wanted to get more confident with it and use it more. Nevertheless, I'm very satisfied with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost my husband three years ago and since he’s passed away, I've decided that it’s my turn to live now. I know what I want out of life and I know what I'm gonna do. I am turning 80 in August and I needed to have an alert button. I decided to get a Jitterbug since it has the emergency button. I’m satisfied with it. It does what I want although I’m not a big user of it. I carry it but I don’t use it that much. But anybody that uses it a lot would enjoy it as much because it’s simpler to use than a regular phone.

When you turn it on, it gives you the options of all these different apps like you would see on an iPhone so you don’t have to guess what the app is. It tells you what it is. When you send a text message, the letters and numbers are bigger so you got more access without hitting the wrong key. When you go My Account it gives you your phone usage so you know how much of everything you’ve used. It tells you when your next payment is due and then it gives you a Help Guide, Contact Us, Mobile Support, Feature Apps, Sign Out, Phone Usage. It’s really for an elderly person. It’s the best you can get.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 80 years old and I don’t ever use a cellphone but I decided I needed one because my wife died this year and I'm by myself. So, I got a Jitterbug Touch. It was cheap but I only use it for emergency calls. My daughter called customer service not long ago and they were able to answer everything. It had the reduced price, reduced start or emergency calls on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a program that was charging me quite a bit of money and we wanted something different, so we got a Jitterbug but I’m not all that happy with it. We don’t use the internet and we don’t do eBay, Facebook or any of that and yet every time we turned around we were going over on our data and nobody could possibly tell my why that was. Up to now I still don’t have answers to my questions. We have Google, evidently, and whenever Google decides to update it uses our data and we don’t have a choice. We can’t take Google off our phone, it’s the operating system.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been a Jitterbug user for years. My brother tried to get me interested in using AT&T, but the price was too high for me, so I switched back and I'm glad that they had a smartphone that I could use. The Jitterbug team seemed excellent, as usual, in finding out what I need to know. However, I had a flip phone before with them where I could press zero and it would automatically go to their customer service, and I don't know if it still does that on the newer phone. Because if it doesn't, then I won't be interested. I tried that once on a smartphone and it didn't do that. But I like it anyway, as it's a smartphone like other brands, and is cheaper for the different plans that they have.

When I ordered the phone for my 90 year old father, they said I can speak for him and order for him since he was hard of hearing. You have 30 days to return, no questions asked. Great! Took the money out of the account and sent phone. My dad couldn't get the hang of using a touchscreen so I called to send it back. I immediately got why? I explained why. "Well would you like to trade it for another." "No thank you." "Oh, you aren't (my dad's name)." He has to verify.

Once I got my dad to verify, I sent the phone back. I have been waiting for almost a month since they received the phone back and keep getting told money is going into account, then it was "oh no, we didn't receive it." I showed them proof of delivery. Finally had to call my bank and put in a claim and they are now going after them to get the refund. They didn't need my dad when they were taking money from his account...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went into the store to get just the cellphone which was all I wanted, but they didn't have this, so I settled for the Jitterbug Touch, a big, three and a half inches by six inches rectangular thing. It was Christmas and I was going to be on the road. When I talked to this guy who was setting me up with the telephone number, he said that he was doing me a big favor and putting it in so all I have to do is press one button, and then I'll get complete coverage and help if I have an accident but that's at a price that I cannot pay, and I'm getting very disgusted with them.

As for the phone itself, I'm not pleased with it because I can be very sure that I dialed a number right and it comes up wrong, then I've got to figure out how to erase it, and I don't have the time to figure out how to work that thing. It's too cock-eyed touchy and small. Although I've had it for about a year and I've gone over it, I've never been satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband has the less complex version of Jitterbug and he's very happy with it so I decided to try out the Jitterbug Touch. My experience has not been good with it. I use my older antiquated cellphone, which responds more quickly and continues to function well, in far greater preference to the Jitterbug. My problems with the Jitterbug included trying to get things entered and to have it stay in the phone memory. I had entered all the data that I needed including phone numbers, names and addresses, and it won't stay in the phone for me. The other interesting issue that we had with it right from the get-go was that the whole thing seems to be needing Wi-Fi connection, which I have. My husband and I knew what the password was for that but it took us forever to get that thing to work with us. So I was re-entering stuff all the time. Even the phone number of my sister whom I talk with once a day, would not appear in my phone the next time I call her.

So it has not been a good situation and it was frustrating, overall. I'm going to devote about three days and go through the handbook page by page, and see where the hang-up is. It could be me but maybe we have an instrument issue here too. We have two very tech savvy sons and daughter-in-laws, who have each looked at the phone, and they asked me why did I get it. So they were having issues too with it. Right now, the phone is not serving any purpose outside of being a paperweight on my desk.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was hunting for a new cellphone and decided to try Jitterbug. I had to cut back on my expenses and that one was cheaper than a lot of others. The only trouble I've had with my Jitterbug phone lately is that, every now and then, it would have a message that they're shutting down on my phone. I've already called them about this matter after it happened the first time because when they shut down on my Jitterbug phone, I couldn't even call on it, and I had to use my landline phone and call them from there to see what that meant and why they shut down.

The rep took me to a rigmarole bunch of stuff on the phone, and I couldn't even repeat what she said. Then she wiped out every one of my conversations. I told her I had copied everything I wanted to save of my conversations on paper, since I don't trust computers. The shutdown of my Jitterbug phone has happened once or twice since then, but not for very long, so I haven't called them again. Despite this, I have already recommended them.

I received a recorded voicemail from GreatCall I was over my data usage even though I am on their highest plan. I have been trying to call/email them for three days. The Customer Service number 1-800-733-6632 has a recording "we are experiencing higher than normal call volume please call back later" and hangs up on me. I have called different days/different times and receive the same message. I attempted to email them twice but get an error message and the email won't go through. I better not get charged extra fees or this phone goes in the trash.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a cellphone before, but it was expensive and I only use five or ten minutes a month. I was paying too much, so I got a Jitterbug, which I use for emergency calls. It's cheaper. I had trouble setting it up at first, but it worked out in the end and I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would recommend Jitterbug. I use mine mainly for emergency when I go shopping or go away from home. I go by myself and in case something happens to me, I can push the red button on it. I'm using it for about five months and I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like my Jitterbug. Its face is so much simpler than other phones. I've looked at a lot of my friends' phones and they have all these little symbols on it which I haven't learned to use. But with Jitterbug, I just have that first list to go to. However, I've never really been able to use all of its capacities. The reps helped me to some degree, but I've been getting help from friends and gradually learning it. I live alone and I feel more comfortable knowing that I have it because if anything happens, I can get in touch with somebody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have GreatCall's call button hanging around my neck and it was very heavy and hot because of the GPS feature. Then when I saw the ads, I decided to get Jitterbug. It's not as convenient as the call button because I have to carry it in my pocket all the time, and if I fall and become unconscious, there would be no way that I could hit the button. But the other aspects of the Jitterbug are positive. I use it to call the same people and I use it a little more often to text because I didn't text with my old phone. I am 87 years old and I live alone, and I feel safer with it. I've never fallen and had to use a 5 Star button, but it gives me more confidence. It's very convenient and I have recommended it to a couple of friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have an aunt that had a stroke and she would’ve never been able to use a phone that had either touchtone or little buttons, so we got her a Jitterbug. I had her on my Verizon plan before and they had nothing that she would have been able to use. The Jitterbug is a great phone and it works really well. It’s easier for her to use and it’s pretty straightforward. She had another stroke since we got the cell phone but it's still easy for her to use it. Jitterbug was everything they said they were. They were simple and fast, and there wasn’t a bunch of hidden charges that I was going to have to pay later that supposedly were disclosed to me.

This phone is described as incredibly easy. When I purchased it via phone, I set up a billing account with name and password. When we received the phone we had to set up a gmail account for my father-in-law with another password. Then when the phone did not activate correctly, we called (waiting 30 minutes or more for all phone calls) and were told to set up a separate on-line account from the billing account: completely separate name and password!!! Three different passwords and still no active phone. Finally, the number that the sales rep said was portable at purchase would not be released by AT&T. When we finally gathered what we needed from At&t transfer the number, it turns out that data cannot be transferred!!! Waste of time and money, and an overall extremely frustrating experience! Returning this phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I still haven't learned how to use Jitterbug completely. I think I wiped out some apps or symbols at the top of the first line on a unit, but I read the book. I'm having an eye problem, so I haven't been able to really delve into it. They just told me information that's required to utilize it to its full extent. But it's been handy and my other land line is not doing very well. So I'm really basing everything that I'm doing on the Jitterbug. I had an AT&T Samsung unit before and it went bad and I had a lot of problems. I used to drive a lot and I require a mobile unit and it was very effective till it gave up the ghost. I recently had open heart surgery, and I'm recovering from it so I haven't been able to drive at this point and haven't been really able to utilize Jitterbug very much. I use it almost on a daily basis to call people. It's a very good unit and I like it. I'll be happier when I'm able to utilize it fully.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My kids made me get the Jitterbug Touch. I really didn't care about having a cellphone, but I wanted to have one just like everybody else. Its emergency features are really nice. I always take it with me when I go to the store, and I go to about five or six different stores. It makes me feel safer. Also, my neighbor put some music on there for me which was really cool. I can go sit anywhere and play my music if I wanted. I've told a couple of older people that I know how nice it is and I let them look at it.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile