4.24/5
  • 1 star
Based on 755 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

EASY - The Jitterbug Smart is designed to be easy-to-use from the moment you turn it on. A new, 35% bigger screen makes it even easier to stay connected. Everything you want to do from texting and taking pictures, to emailing and browsing the Internet is organized in a single list on one screen with large, legible letters. This simplified approach takes all the guesswork out of using a smartphone and puts everything right at your fingertips.

SMART - With an ultra-modern look, the Jitterbug Smart has been specially designed with GreatCall’s signature simplicity. New Voice Typing, combined with a bigger, 5.5-inch screen makes writing emails and texts effortless, plus larger icons help you navigate easily. Turn your easy-to-use Jitterbug Smart into a personal safety device with GreatCall’s exclusive, pre-loaded 5Star, Urgent Care and MedCoach apps.

AFFORDABLE - Other smartphones require excessive plans that make you pay for data you don’t need. For as low as just $2.49 per month, GreatCall provides a variety of data plans so you’re able to add the one that works best for you. Compared to other cell phone companies, you could save over $300 per year, making Jitterbug Smart phone plans the most affordable on the market. And, we also provide free tech support.

Jitterbug Smart Video
Jitterbug Smart Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

757 Jitterbug Smart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I use my Jitterbug Touch twice or three times a month at the most. I'm disabled and I just use it when I go to the doctor’s office. I only wanted to call another company but my husband said I should look at Jitterbug just in case. Using it is confusing sometimes, like when trying to get back and forth to the home page and this other page on the phone. I didn’t even know how to answer it so I had to look up and read how to do that kind of stuff. I also don't use the internet at all. But I like that I don't have to charge it as much as my other phone. It lasts me if I'm out for half a day at the most. I'll have to look at the talking version because that’s about all I can do. I can't do the hand thing when I'm texting.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I'm 76 and I wanted a new phone. I thought that maybe the Jitterbug would be easier to use than my old phone, which I didn't really know how to use. Jitterbug is also cheaper and their customer service reps were very good. I did have some problems at first but they were very patient and got everything worked out. The number that they gave my phone belonged to somebody else. I didn’t know what to do and called Jitterbug back. Finally, after a couple of months, they said that they'll give me a new number and won't charge me for it. In the end, it worked out just fine.

I don't use a cell phone much and I use it as an emergency thing. I'm not comfortable with using it. I use it only once a week, but I like to have it. And I use it mostly to call my husband. The numbers are big, and I know how to turn it off if I'm going to be in a situation where I don’t want it to ring. I can also power it back up. I have told different people about it and have recommended Jitterbug to others. My husband just got his Jitterbug flip phone and he uses his more than I do.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I bought Jitterbug Smart because I liked its price. I called Rite Aid since they're supposed to have it but they didn't so I had to go through the telephone system to get one sent to me. I'm 72 right now and I mainly use it as an emergency phone since I travel a lot. I like it because it's small. However I wish it has a buzzer because sometimes I feel its vibration from my feet to my head but I can't hear it. Also, Jitterbug keeps changing. When I got something figured out it changes. So I don't know what am I doing wrong with by changing the set up and all the other little stuff because I can't hear it on my left side but I can hear it on my right side. They sent me a book but as I've said it keeps changing. Sometimes, it says that I just press the button and answer so I do but it doesn't work. And they said, slide your finger across, slide it and it works. Now press it, sliding the thing and sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I'm 85 years old so I'm hesitant with the new technology and I'm not as alert as I used to be, but I like my Jitterbug Smart phone. My daughter showed me how to use it, so I didn’t have to do much contacting with the Jitterbug representatives. Everything was fine in my interactions with them. The camera is easy to use and I like it, and I also like the recording feature. But I don't like to talk much on the phone, so I don’t use my Jitterbug phone that much and I use it only if I'm going out, to keep in touch with anybody dropping me off or whenever it's needed.

I'm a senior citizen and my Jitterbug Smart phone is easy to use. I used to have an AT&T phone and I gave it up. But the Jitterbug phone accommodates older people like us who have problems with our eyes since the prints are larger. I have recommended it before to other people. I went on a trip once and I had to use it, then someone next to me was interested in it. Several people who liked it thought that it was a nice size and covered a lot of different things.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I've had Jitterbug Touch for a long time. I got it when they told us their numbers got big. All of my friends have one too. We're old, and when you’re old, you need big numbers. We need it when we're in traffic, or if we're out someplace and have a problem with our car, I just call 911 for help and they’re there. It always works and I like it. In addition, Jitterbug's customer service team is so nice. They have been very good to me. And I'm very happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I've been setting up this phone for my 93 year old mother in a nursing home. I was not prepared for the number of screen changes or changes she needs just to get into it. Swiping, keyboard switches so you have both numbers and letters before you can use it is a lot to learn for a first time smartphone user not used to a keyboard at all! Is there an update to make it easier or a way to bypass the system? I wasn't expecting this many steps just to make a phone call!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I thought that I didn't need a smartphone but I saw the Jitterbug Touch in every cousin and at AARP so I got it. I never had a smartphone and it's hard to get to understand how to operate it really good. I use Facebook and the weather app, and things like that but not much. I got some photos in there too and I like that the pictures are clear. I also like the phone's size and the keypad's size. So far, it's working all right for me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I really enjoy Jitterbug Touch because it's easy to use. It's also more efficient and I can use it better than the one I had. I only use my cell phone when I'm away from home. I take it with me if I go both to shop and go to the doctor, or go out to eat. Anytime I'm on the highway, it's also with me. The reps were really nice when I called them one time.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My son takes care of everything for me. He got everything I needed including the Jitterbug Touch phone. Since I'm in a nursing home, he puts it in here and I just use it when he calls me once in a while.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I purchased a Jitterbug Touch and I thought it would be user-friendly. I use it but I have a love-hate relationship with it. My children were after me to get a phone that does everything but make coffee and I don't really need that. I'm not really adventurous. I'm almost afraid of smartphones because if you pressed the wrong buttons, things happen beyond your control and I hate that. Same thing with my big TV. I'm scared of it so I just stay in the channels that I know. I liked my little flip-phone because it was easy. The thing that bugs me with the new phone is that I haven't even mastered answering that phone yet. You have to put your finger on a symbol and pull it down to the right which I think is stupid. I don't get that many calls on it because I mostly carry it for emergencies and if I need to deal with my daughters or grandchildren. I'm going to get rid of it in time and go back to a flip-phone that takes good pictures.

Jitterbug Smart response

Nancy, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall layered in an easy to use menu to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone and there are several how-to videos available at the GreatCall webpage, www.greatcall.com, and they can be accessed by clicking on Product Support at the top right. Additionally, if you can give us call from another phone, 1 800-733-6632, our Customer Service team stands ready to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The Jitterbug does what I wanted it to do and I have known persons who owned one already. I use my Jitterbug for occasional telephoning and a few other things like keeping records of photographs and other things that I want to store. I had a small wireless phone, but the Jitterbug has many other functions besides telephoning.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I got my Jitterbug since I board my dog for the kennel when we go away and I want to be able to speak to the kennel people and watch my dog on Facebook. I also do a lot of texting on it and I like it very much to be able to do that. I don't use it as much as most people do for phone calls. I use my Jitterbug when I travel but I use my landline phone mostly at home. I like the size of the Jitterbug and the size of the print is very nice. I had a TracFone before but I wasn't happy and didn't do much with it. I was reading about the Jitterbug phone and I've seen advertisements and I thought of trying it to see if I like it. My daughter-in-law helped me set up my Jitterbug and handled everything with the customer service team over the computer. She made it simple by doing most of the labor for me. I'm very happy with the Jitterbug and I do more with it. I would absolutely recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I’m 84 and I thought the Jitterbug Smart was simple and easier for an older person but I’m not catching it too great. It’s hard to remember all the steps to take and I don’t use it enough either. I’m in a retirement home and it’s not giving me real good reception here in my room. I have my regular phone too in my room and I use that most of the time. I used to have a small flip thing and I knew how to use that one. But I like the fact that I can take pictures with the Jitterbug Smart and the flashlight on it helps me as well. I have things to learn on it yet, like the GPS, but the instructions have to be a little clearer. It’s different on the phone than what the book tells me and that’s what was confusing to me.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Jitterbug Touch is much simple than others. But I need personal help in using it and I haven't given it my very topnotch effort because I have a land telephone and I automatically go to that one. I mainly carry Jitterbug with me for emergencies. I don’t use it much but I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I can just touch a number and call somebody on the East Coast with my Jitterbug Touch. But I've been having a little trouble with it. It doesn't want to shut off sometimes. If I can get it fixed I kind of like it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I'm old and going blind in one eye and the Jitterbug Touch phone helps me out a lot because I don't spell very good. I have a daughter who lives in Madison so I text her. I also text my other daughter. Additionally, the customer service team at Jitterbug are very friendly and helpful. Overall, I'm very happy with it and I have already recommended it to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I had a flip phone and I got it replaced by a smartphone. I still haven't figured out how it works. I can't raise the volume either by pressing the side button up or down. I'm not very happy with it and I hardly use it at all.

Jitterbug Smart response

Carolyn, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall layered in an easy to use menu to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone and we will continue to design and test further enhancements for future phone models. There are several how-to videos available at the GreatCall webpage, www.greatcall.com,and they can be accessed by clicking on Product Support at the top right. We are happy to hear that our or if you can give us call from another phone, our Customer Service team stands ready to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was with T-Mobile, but I couldn't get service from them when I moved from California to Wisconsin so I got Jitterbug Smart. I went with it because I could get it through Sears and I had a Sears credit card. I also like the five-star thing it has which helps you get found if you're lost. I've never used it but it has good reception. I use my Jitterbug for emergencies and it works. However, I liked the Samsung I had through T-Mobile better. I had 400 minutes on it and it was only $50 a year. Now, I have to pay $35 a month and it's not the cheapest plan I could get. But the Jitterbug is bigger and easier to see and whenever I call in, their reps help me and walk me through everything, which is nice. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My wife has COPD and things went badly for us. We bought a Jitterbug so we could get help if we needed it and to use on trips. It worked great when I used it a couple of times. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The Jitterbug Touch was within my price range and circumstances. It was also a lot better than the cell phone I had before because of the ease of using it. When the phone died from lack of being charged, their rep walked me through the process of getting it recharged and functioning again. She made it very easy to work with and to resolve the problem that I had.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I have been very satisfied with Jitterbug Touch’s service and the phone. Their customer service team has always been very helpful. And I also like the cost. Jitterbug does it all very well and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I like my Jitterbug Smart. I prefer it over my flip phone and to me, it's a great technological advancement. However, I find that it has a lot of apps that I will never use. I also would like to spend less than the money that I'm spending, which is $40 a month, because I don't use it to that extent. All I wanted was a phone that I could just do texts on so that I keep my eye on my grandchildren. But I like that when I have a problem and I call GreatCall, they are extremely helpful. They're very patient, explanatory, very easy to understand and they fix the problem for me. I already have recommended Jitterbug Smart to friends and they have gone and bought them already.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have a lot of things that I want to put in my Jitterbug Touch but I can’t because I can’t figure out how to work the thing. I'm an older lady and I can’t work all these new electronic things. I have talked to whatever number it is that came with the phone and the reps were very nice and pleasant. They’ve tried to help me but I just don’t understand it. So, my daughter-in-law is going to show me how to work it sometime around Thanksgiving. It will get better when I learn how to use it.

Jitterbug Smart response

Laqueta, we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall layered in an easy to use menu to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone and we will continue to design and test further enhancements for future phone models. There are several how-to videos available at the GreatCall, webpage www.greatcall.com, and they can be accessed by clicking on Product Support at the top right. We are happy to hear that our Customer Service team where there to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I'm a little older and I find that other phones are a little hard mechanically to work. A friend told me about Jitterbug Touch which has big buttons and is more simplified. It's much better for me compared to the cell phone I used before that was much more difficult to operate. I use the Jitterbug more frequently for making phone calls and primarily for emergencies. And the times that I needed help, their customer service was responsive. I'm very happy that Jitterbug services people who are a bit older so we don't get left behind in the mix of things.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I'm not really happy with my Jitterbug. There are times that it will start dialing even if it's just lying on the counter with no one around it. It's not operating like I feel like it should. It's also a little too touchy. I can get close to a number and it'll occasionally hit it before I've had the chance to even punch it. I don't use the phone much, but when I do use it, it hasn't been too good. But the experience hasn't been all that bad either.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I got myself a brand new telephone last Christmas and I don't know how to use it. People have tried to show me how to use it, but I'm so slow. My sister told me to get a Jitterbug Smart and that all I have to do is put the number that I want to call and it calls. I've got a phone at home that I can use, too. My son said that I needed a phone in the car in case it breaks down and I need to call out. The little phone I had for about 14 years fit in my palm but I was getting tired of its little bitty keys. Now, my Jitterbug has nice and big keys. I carry it in my vehicle all the time in case I need something. It's easy to use and I really like it. It also works when I want it to.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

When I chose Jitterbug Touch over other cell phones, it looked like it would be easier to use. But other than make and receive calls, I haven’t been able to use it. I thought I could use it as an internet access but there isn’t enough information that comes with it to let me know what I need to do to set it up and do what I want to do with it.

Jitterbug Smart response

Allen, we are sorry to hear that you are haven’t been able to use your Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall layered in an easy to use menu to help customers become acclimated with the use of a smartphone and we will continue to design and test further enhancements for future phone models. There are several how-to videos available at the GreatCall, webpage www.greatcall.com, and they can be accessed by clicking on Product Support at the top right, or if you can give us call from another phone, our Customer Service team stands ready to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Our Jitterbug Touch works fine and I have it all the time. I know how to check the messages and my husband uses the internet. We called their customer service a time or two for various things and although it took a while to get a hold of them, we had a good result. I have recommended Jitterbug Touch to my best friend.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I had an old Jitterbug flip top for a long time. And when my husband died and I moved from Paris to Plano with my daughter, they suggested that I get a Jitterbug Touch. I’m not young and although it took me a while, I’ve learned to use it pretty well and I’m enjoying it. I like it a lot and it’s so much easier for me to use than the other one that I had.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I decided that the Jitterbug Touch was what I needed when my house burned and I lost all of my other possessions. I'm not too good on computers so I was afraid at first to buy it. But I like the Jitterbug Touch and I wouldn't take nothing for it because it holds my cellphone numbers better than anything else and I don’t have to repeat them to myself all the time.

Jitterbug Smart Company Information