toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a good experience with Jitterbug Touch. When I turn it on, you see everything to use, everything up to date, everything is in the right procedure. Alfred has used it about one or two times. They bought it for him, but he doesnt use it and he's here sometimes for days and doesn't charge. He has Alzheimers and he’s not equipped with the technology. But there's nothing wrong with the phone otherwise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Getting Jitterbug over the phone was probably my first mistake. I saw their ad in the AARP magazine and I'm by myself quite a bit and that 5-star appealed to me and I had some things I wanted to get pictures of and send them. So there were two things that I wanted to get done with it and so I just ordered it. But it won't let me answer. I slide and nothing happens for two or three times and then it goes to that notification screen. But it isn’t like that every time and that’s what's so aggravating. I need somebody that can physically show me but I can't find any stores around here to handle this. However I haven’t called Jitterbug to let them know about the issue.

My family said they were gonna take it away and run over it. They're trying to keep track of me that I don’t fall and break my neck somewhere and then this doesn’t happen or then it won't answer. It's so frustrating. They don’t know if I’m ok or not so I turn around and call them back as soon as I can, but then sometimes their line is still busy because they're letting it ring and it's confusing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After seeing an advertisement of Jitterbug in the magazine, I decided to buy one. Since having the phone, I've never had a problem with it and I feel like I'm safe as far as having the phone handy, in case I need it right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have the phone from Walmart. Then my girlfriend heard about the Jitterbug Touch phone and she said, "You're better off with this because it's got that emergency thing. If anything happens to you, just push this button and it dials 911." So, I got the Jitterbug Touch phone and I usually carry it all the time with me. I have the Bluetooth in the car. My Jitterbug Touch phone is easy to use. My girlfriend put all my contacts in there. If I need to call somebody, I just look up that person and push the button.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased the Jitterbug as I couldn't see and it was larger. Compared to the cell phone I had before, this one is better all the way around 'cause I can see the buttons. It offered me everything I wanted at the time and I use it to call my daughter. My experience with Jitterbug has been all right and I would recommend it to my friends 'cause they're suffering with the same problems I'm suffering with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I drive by myself and I need something along so in case I have trouble, I can call somebody to come help me. I got Jitterbug Touch and I like the big front on it where I can read better. And I have the 5Star Responder on it so they know where they can find me. I tell everybody about Jitterbug.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm not happy with my Jitterbug Touch and I've been using it less and less. I have the phone turned up as high as it will go but I still can't hear on the phone nor hear it ring. Despite having a hearing problem, I can still hear even though I don't have hearing aids. I got an expensive phone and I hate to get another one. Still, I'm going to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a letter from Jitterbug in the mail and I decided to try it a while. I signed up, got the phone, then I ordered a cover for it. Everything's been working good so far and I will recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my 97-year old mother a Jitterbug because it was simple and she wanted a smart phone. It's nice to have it for back up. But for its intended purpose, it's a little bit lost on her. But the Jitterbug representative that I interacted with when I set up the account was nice. Everything's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Jitterbug phone is so advanced that I really don't like it. It's smarter than I am and I cannot figure out how to use all of it or any of it. I was actually thinking about taking it back and getting another one that's not as evolved. But I'm sure that the things I can't figure out are in the phone and that it's me, not them. I would recommend Jitterbug if you were intelligent enough to use it. It is a good phone and it's interesting, but I need more time or I haven't yet decided what I am going to do to figure it all out before I give up completely with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I went down to North Hills in Holland, Kentucky with my other phone, I could not get a signal so I looked on a map. It showed what Jitterbug would cover and it covered what I wanted. Jitterbug's much better than my previous phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My kids gave me a Jitterbug Touch. I've had it for quite a while now and it's been fine. I take it with me all the time and although I don't use it that often, it's a comfort to have a phone available. I appreciate having it with me at all times and knowing it's there when I need it. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had seen Jitterbug Touch in AARP Magazine and it looked simple because it had all the apps on the face. I'm up in age a little bit and that appealed to me because the only phone I ever had just made and took calls, and so I wasn’t up on all the apps and how to work them. A friend of mine convinced me to get a phone that I could text on and we could text back and forth and it did that so I ordered it. I had ordered a couple of phones and sent them back because they were just too over my head, but this one was simple enough with a little assistance from some of my friends. I haven't mastered it but I've been able to use it. I do text now, but not a whole lot. And I've added more people to my itinerary now. It's been easy and handy with Jitterbug Touch.

Jitterbug Smart

Hi Joyce, GreatCall has how to videos available to watch on our web page, www.greatcall.com, click on Product Support at the top right, choose your phone and on the left side you will see How to Videos. -GreatCall Operations

Original review: March 22, 2017

I was in need of a new cellphone and Jitterbug was on the AARP magazine that I get. I like that everything is large on the Jitterbug. I had a stroke and my sight is not as clear as it used to be. Since I got my Jitterbug, it's easier to read. I can make a telephone call if I get to the app that tells me where the telephone is. I love my Jitterbug Touch, but it seems that I can't use it like I would like to. I can't get the hang of using it and can't use it well. I was wondering if there was some place close I could go to learn to use it, or if I knew someone else who had one like it who could teach me how to use it. But I'm satisfied with it. And if I learned how to use it, I'd be really fine with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug Touch advertised and I thought that that was simple, do what it said it was for elderly people. So, I figured that was what I needed. But I don't use it for a lot of things. I just keep it and use it when it rings. I've been playing the Solitaire on it at night after I've finished my calls. I also noticed the storm alert last night. It kept blabbing in there because they said we had a storm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with AT&T before but switched to the Jitterbug Touch due to the price. We just use it when we go somewhere and it’s serving us well. I've told people about it, mainly about the cost.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the flip phone I had so I decided to get one that was a little more complicated. I got a Jitterbug Touch and I still don't understand the whole thing. It has a lot more features and it's more advanced than my flip phone. I haven't learned how to use everything but the camera's fun to use. I'm very satisfied and happy with the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Jitterbug Touch on a magazine ad and it looked like something I could use. I got it six months ago and got it with full of instructions but I couldn't figure out how to use it. I ordered it for the cellphone and then I wanted the internet. But I couldn't even get it to be a telephone and I haven't spoken with anyone at Jitterbug. I'm paying for it every month but I'm not getting the use. I'm dissatisfied. I'm gonna write on their invoice to cancel and send it back. In the meantime, I'm using my cellphone before using Jitterbug

Jitterbug Smart

James, we appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest quality service available. We understand that each individual will have different needs and usage requirements and as such, we offer a variety of rate plans with a broad range of usage limits. Most companies that offer free phones require you to sign a contact, GreatCall is a non-contact company. Our rate plans can be reviewed on our website, www.greatcall.com and our 100% US based Customer Service is available to review your usage and recommend a plan that better fits your needs. -GreatCall Operations

Original review: March 19, 2017

I had an old flip phone so I thought it was time to upgrade. I then got a Jitterbug Touch, which is a good phone, but I'm not really happy with it since I only got one gigabyte of data unlike other companies like MetroPCS who offer a lot more with almost the same money. With $40 I can get a free phone and 4 gigabytes a line. Also, I don't run out of other stuff and I've always had a problem since I got with Google. It's not what I thought it would be. And when my phone went dead, I called their customer service team, but I was not happy that it took me three quarters of an hour to get my phone up and running.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Jitterbug Touch from Best Buy, and the only reason I bought that phone was because one day, somebody went through our neighborhood with a gravel truck with the box up and he knocked out all the wires, taking down five telephone poles and electric. I went to them and they said it's going to be a long time before it was going to be restored, so I went and bought the Jitterbug. By the time we got home, they already had the line hooked back up again, so I just take the the phone and use it for emergency. However, there's oil inside the screen about the size of a silver dollar. I should've taken it back right away but I just left it alone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son thought that I should have a Jitterbug Touch and so that's what I got. However, I'm not really into this thing. I have always had a cellphone, but I'm not one of those people who go around talking on the cellphone all the time. I only used my cellphone to call when I had an emergency or I really needed to do something. I gave nobody my cellphone number because I never had it on. I don't use it very often and it's not very important to me. But what I have seen on the Jitterbug Touch is fine with me, and I think it must be a very good product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Verizon and I was not happy with it. It was very expensive so I got a Jitterbug that is less money. I had to call a couple of times and they helped me out with how to use the phone. The folks that I've talked to have been very helpful and were very much on the ball. They were very willing to answer whatever questions I had and in a very pleasant manner. The phone is fine but it's difficult to use. I'm 85 years old and I don't know how to pull up all the things that are on it. It's just that I'm too old to learn new tricks. I'm thinking about getting a regular phone because all I need is a phone for people to call me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I can't use my Jitterbug too well. I have my pictures and I can make a call. However, I don't answer a call too good, but I'm getting used to it. Also, we never hooked up the OnStar. We were in a hurry and whoever my son was talking to said that we can always call back another time. It says I have brain games on there, but they’re also not hooked up. So, there were things that were needed to be checked over by somebody who understands it. For an old lady that isn’t computer-smart, I thought Jitterbug would be so simple. But I wasn’t getting it right away. Also, the phone is very heavy and big. And a lot of people have said the same thing with them. As soon as I put it in my pocketbook, it’s so heavy compared to my little one. I would have rather just kept my old phone. I'm not dissatisfied but I wouldn't tell others to go and get one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is the first time I ever used a Jitterbug but I like it a lot. It was through word-of-mouth that I heard about it. The phone is more advanced to me but it's easy to use and read. One time I called about my bill and it went well.

Jitterbug Smart

Frances, we are sorry that you are not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Smart phone and appreciate your feedback. GreatCall strives to provide the highest quality service available. We understand that each individual will have different needs and usage requirements and as such, we offer a variety of products and rate plans with a broad range of usage limits. Our lowest advertised rate plan is $17.48 plus applicable taxes and includes 200 minutes, 40MB of data and text messaging for .10 cents per text. All rate plans can be reviewed on our website, www.greatcall.com. GreatCall Operations

Original review: March 15, 2017

The Jitterbug Touch advertising is incorrect because they showed the phone for $19.95 a month, but the first bill I got was for $51 and some cents even though I hadn't used the phone. I had to call them back about it and then they said that they'll take off minutes. But when I called my daughter-in-law, she said that what she have right now is not very much by way of minutes. So, I'm paying $30.38 for a phone I haven't used which is crazy. So to me, it's fraud. And then I saw some ads later on that was less than the $19.95 per month for Jitterbug.

I also asked them if it was necessary that I have AT&T or one of these others to use the internet on it and they said no. However, when I was trying to activate it, I was supposed to choose one of five internet services. I spent over $200 buying the phone and I haven't been really happy with the way it came and how they did things with the billing before it was even activated. Also the customer service reps' people skills could be improved. In fact, I blew my stack at one point and I told them that I can run an office and if I had anybody acting like them, I'd fire them. I also got lied to, and so I finally said that if I can't get an answer, I'm gonna have to call the insurance department here in the city that deals with crime and fraud. Well, then, they got somebody to answer my questions. But I shouldn't have to get to that point. I am not happy. And so I've been thinking of canceling my Jitterbug contract. I should have gone out and taken the time to shop around.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I can't use my Jitterbug Touch that much because I don’t get any signal from where I live. When I called and ordered it, that’s the first thing I asked because I’ve had one before but I couldn’t get a signal on it. I gave the zip code and they said I'd have signal here. I can go about 4 miles in 2 directions and get a signal, but I can't get it at my house.

Jitterbug Smart

Hi Jan, if you have not done so already, please call Customer Service, 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 5am and 9pm Pacific Time, from another phone, for trouble shooting. -GreatCall Operations

Original review: March 14, 2017

My husband got the Jitterbug Touch for both of us. It's supposed to be simple and we were looking for a simple plan. We had two phones so when my husband passed away, I called them. The young man told me that he would discontinue the service on my husband's phone and he was very pleasant and very nice. However, I noticed in the bill the other day that I'm getting charged for voicemail but I'm not getting any voicemail on my Jitterbug. I've had several friends try to make it work but they all failed. I don't know what to do about it but I haven't called it in to customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a previous phone before but I wanted to get a larger version so I got Jitterbug. It's better and easier to dial with it but I don't use it very much at all and I probably need to cut down on the number of minutes I'm paying for. But when I did a little pocket dialing a couple of times, they thought I was dying and their response was quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Jitterbug Touch from the Sears store, called in and activated it from home. Activation was easy and since then, I've liked to have it with me when I'm out in case I need it for emergencies. I enjoy my Jitterbug Touch very much and I think it's very reliable. Overall, I’m very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had a smartphone and it was costing around $90 a month. We're both retired, and don't text and do all the stuff that one has to buy with a package to get a smartphone. We changed to Jitterbug because of the cost difference and now we're only paying $30 a month instead of 90. The Jitterbug does what we want it to do. It's really easy to use and cheap.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile