toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My kids put me on their plan and I was using whatever it is that the super computer or cell phone people were using. My children kept supplying me with state-of-the-art cell phones which I broke so badly, they had to send them back to the company. I'm not a techie and I don’t have that kind of mindset. I have a landline which I use mostly. I gave Jitterbug a try and it's something more appropriate for me than the super techie stuff. It functions and I can do the basics. I could turn it on and off easily and call my local friends. I wish I were more disciplined to really attack it and get the true benefit from it, but I'm not focusing on trying to learn or expand my knowledge at this point. At least I have a phone and that makes my children happy.

I'm paying the standard $40 something every month which is deep because I hardly ever use it, but I feel better knowing that it's here. I like the safety feature where I can use it and put it by my bed if I wanted to. It’s a good product and charges quickly. I can usually count on it to be not screwed up enough to work properly during the day. Next week, the power company will turn off our power all day to do something. When my landline plugs into the electric power to function, I have a phone that will work fine for me if it's charged. I would not give up my landline, but Jitterbug is good to have. Also, my grandchildren and I talk a little bit once a month, so I'm not on the phone a lot.

Jitterbug is good and laid back and it's serving my purpose right now. I need it because I need contact with the outside world and I'm 77. I'm old enough to need to have something that reliable, that I can access if I fell down. I try to keep it nearby and I should carry it in the car, but I never take it. It is a phone that works for me if other openings aren’t there for me to use. Fortunately, it works better than anything I've tried so far. For what I used it for, it's perfect. If I had a friend that was of my mindset, I’d recommend Jitterbug.

I'm 85, my memory is not the best and I didn't use my Jitterbug Touch that often. It's beautiful and great. I'm also satisfied with it but I forget in between where it’s at and when I went to use it again, I had to get the book out. Everybody else who I showed it to could work it except me. I got frustrated with it so I decided to go ahead with the cellphones. I got them for my husband and myself and soon as they arrive in the mail, I will cancel the smartphone.

I was unsatisfied with the phone that I had before. There was no way to get anything that I wanted with my server at a reasonable cost with the service that I wanted which was less than what most people want. It was a flip phone and I couldn’t get smart phone service that was going to cost me less than $60 or so a month for services that I wasn’t going to use. Jitterbug Smart is a whole lot better. It's so much easier to handle text messages because the screen is bigger and I don’t have to hit the same number two or three times in order to get that letter. It also has a really simple interface and I like it. But I get more calls from people who I haven't initiated calls from than I get from family and friends. I would like for them to have some way to block the calls I don’t want to receive. We are on the “Do not call” list but that doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of difference. But I have recommended it to friends.

I used to have a simple pocket cell phone which I never find when I needed them. It’s also easy to use but when I look for previous messages, mailing and so forth, I have difficulty pulling things up. And if somebody sends me a text, once I can get it on the screen, I can read it, but I can't necessarily find them and put them into place. My wife and I bought two Jitterbug Touch phones but my wife has started to use hers more and she will probably get better accustomed to it. However, she has a little difficulty with any cellphone because she only has hearing in one ear. And so, hearing on a cellphone usually doesn't come through as sharp as needed for her to get good communication.

I was doing forestry and I work alone in the woods and that's when it's good to have a cell phone, for emergencies. But when I'm away from the communications tower, I don't get a good message. I have mine in my pocket and because of that, I accidentally had a number of times where I accidentally call for rescue or an emergency which was embarrassing. Also, I found it a little complex to use and instructions in the books aren't fully complete. I haven't been using it so I canceled it. Nevertheless, their customer service team were always polite and as helpful as they could be. The safety call, the help call, and the emergency option are very good things about Jitterbug which is a prime value for elderly people but my experience with them has been frustrating.

I'm a senior citizen and I need a phone that's comfortable for my age so I got the Jitterbug Touch. My previous cellphone was a little payphone from Family Dollar and with Jitterbug, there is no comparison. I have yet to set the Jitterbug up since I was afraid to try and put everything in use. But I'm using it and as far as I can tell, it's going to be exactly what I need. I really like it and it's great especially for senior citizens. Plus their customer service is very good. They even called to help me set things up, but I was busy so I said I’d call them back. They were really helpful about that. Overall I'd recommend Jitterbug.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jitterbug Smart?

I got Jitterbug Touch as a Christmas present from my children. I'm 85 years old, so they think they have to get me a Google to talk to me and a phone that I can use. The phone is a little bit complicated but I'm getting used to it. I like that I got all the numbers in it and I can see it. We have a nice ring to it but a lot of times, I get cut off. My flip phone is a lot easier for me to use. But I've had the Jitterbug since Christmas and I'm doing good with it.

It was bugging me when I first got it. When I went to California to see my grandson play baseball, I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted to. So, I was very fortunate I was on the 14th floor because I couldn't open the door wall, otherwise, it would have been in the street. But I still have it and as long as I know how to use it and I can push and get my calls out and receive them, I'm okay. I never had to use the medical alert feature on the phone but it gives reassurance for me and the kids. When you get to be in your 80s, everybody thinks you need all these stuff, but it gets complicated too. And you start thinking what else you need. But I have it, I'm using it and I'm doing okay with it.

I like the Jitterbug Touch. I know how to use it and it's capable of a lot of things I know how to use.

I'm enjoying my Jitterbug Smart. It’s the first cellphone I ever had and I got it because of the size of the screen. It has been great for me and my family is able to keep up with me.

I've had a cellphone for some time but I did not devote time to learning how to use it. Then I saw Jitterbug advertised in a magazine and it looked like something I would be able to manage. I've had it for a while and I haven't used it like I should, but from what I see, it's going to be very easy to use. I'm looking forward to having a pleasant experience with it because I am not savvy when it comes to technology. When I got the Jitterbug and was trying to set it up, their reps were very patient with me. They would would have continued to try to help me but I was the one that gave up. The phone also has a GreatCall feature but I need to call them to get that off because I had gotten the GreatCall medical alert device three years before I got the phone.

Jitterbug Smart

Betty, we are sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Touch smartphone and we appreciate your feedback. Did you know there are many How to videos available to watch? From the GreatCall web page, https://www.greatcall.com/support, scroll down to your model phone and click on How-to Videos for instructions on several topics. Additionally, GreatCall’s 100% U.S. based Customer Service is available to assist you by calling 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday, from another phone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I got the Jitterbug Touch as a gift. I know that I can call, but that didn’t appeal to me. I also find the book that came with it somewhat lacking. The first time I looked at the book for a phone, it blew my mind and I didn’t know what they were talking about. The Jitterbug I have is not the same as my husband’s. This one is too big for a pocket and enormous for a purse. Besides, if something is closed up in a purse, how do you hear it?

They had a class here in Fairfax where we live and I learned a couple of things but I found out it's going to take more than that. I'm not completely dum-dum but everything has become so complicated or there's a new number to learn, although a lot of it may have to do with my attitude. Then they didn’t have a class for another month. And when I went there, someone found out how to turn on the flashlight but I looked all over and I couldn’t figure it out. They have a young man who works here instructing the classes and he told me there are some things about the phone that even he didn't know.

I haven't called Jitterbug about this either, because I'm more comfortable with somebody that's sitting there and explaining things. It’s not a happy picture for Jitterbug, but it's not necessarily their fault. My granddaughter looked at it and it was nothing for her but then, they grew up with smartphones. Financially, it is a good deal as far as I can see. But I can't very well recommend it when I can't use it.

I bought a Jitterbug Touch because they said it was easy to use. When I called to order the phone and set it up, the customer service team was great. They were so friendly and knowledgeable.

I saw the Jitterbug Smart ad in the AARP magazine. Mom had a stroke and I wanted her to have an emergency way of getting help if she needed it. Before using Jitterbug, she had a usual cell phone but it wasn’t a smartphone. She carries the Jitterbug with her. She plays the brain games, which she enjoys. It gives her a little more confidence knowing that if she got into trouble, she could push the button for help or she could call me. She's able to call people when she needs to. It works for my mother and that's good.

Jitterbug Smart

Janice, we are sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with your Jitterbug Touch3 smartphone and we appreciate your feedback. For assistance with your phone, our 100% U.S. based Customer Service 1 800-733-6632, is available Monday – Saturday, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have a visual impairment and due to the large size of the Jitterbug Touch, I decided to get one. I am interested in the feature on having a smartphone and medical alert service available. But this Jitterbug is much harder for me. I'm still learning on how to use it and I cannot swipe on the phone or scroll on it with my fingertip or a stylus.

My wife and I are in our seventies and live in assisted care, and my wife is vision-impaired, with glaucoma and macular degeneration. I did a lot of research on the internet because I don’t buy anything unless I research it thoroughly, and I decided that the Jitterbug Touch phone was exactly what my wife needed, and I was right. She only has it so that her friends can call her and she can hit speed dial to call her friends. We got her that phone because she can make the letters and numbers really big on the screen so she can see them when somebody calls in and the dialing numbers on the phone are big, too, when she uses the speed dial to call out

Since we got the phone, I set it up and gave it to my wife, and she uses it twice a week. She doesn’t need me to dial the phone and she doesn’t have to have me pick up the phone to see who's calling and tell her if it's one of her friends. She has a separate number so she knows that if anybody’s calling on that number, it’s probably one of her friends. But all of her doctors call my phone and she hates answering phone calls of telemarketers. With Jitterbug, if she doesn't recognize a number, she doesn’t answer the phone, so it’s great and perfect for her. In addition, by putting her under the Jitterbug service which is extremely well-priced, my cell phone bill went from $200 to about $80 a month. I like the very inexpensive coverage in Phoenix where we live and my wife loves the phone for what we got it for.

I’m elderly and my skills with cell phones and computers are limited. But I like Jitterbug very much. I use it mainly for phone calls and for summoning ride sharing services like Uber. I was not able to have apps on my previous phone. Jitterbug has been very reliable and helpful. Also, the price was very reasonable and I had a very pleasant experience with their customer service team.

My daughter ordered the Jitterbug Touch for me because the flip phone that I had before wasn’t working. The Jitterbug has more features on it. I haven’t gotten used to it yet, but their service team tells you exactly what to do, how to do it, when to do it and everything else.

I am not up there electronically and Jitterbug seems to be very easy to use. I’m not disappointed with it at all. I wanted a telephone for emergencies in case I needed some help when I wasn’t at home and Jitterbug is handy and just what I needed. It's nice to have Jitterbug with me if I remember it.

I had a flip-top cell phone but it’s totally different because it’s old. The Jitterbug Touch that I have now is easier to use. I wanted it for texting mostly and taking pictures. It's doing what I wanted to do and I'm happy with it. Plus, the pictures are great. The customer service team helped me out a lot. I've already recommended Jitterbug.

I figured Jitterbug Touch was a good deal because of the features and the pricing. Also, I used a different cell phone before and it doesn’t compare at all. I use my Jitterbug more or less for an emergency type of thing and it's good for email. There’s still a lot I’ve got to learn about it but I like it.

I used an old fashioned flip phone before and it doesn't do anything. The Jitterbug Touch had bigger numbers and it's a lot better than my previous phone as it allows me to take pictures of my grandkids. I've also been doing a lot more texting since I got it. However, when someone calls me, I get a circular thing which I move over to the side to answer the call or a white section on top that says "Answer". Still, when I press "Answer", it won't answer the call. It’s aggravating when you can’t answer when someone calls, and then you have to look up the number and call them back. Also, I'd like the letters to be a bit bigger on the keyboard because lots of times when I'm texting, I want to hit a certain letter but I'm hitting the one right next to it. If I turn the phone sideways, they're bigger but it would be wonderful if they could make them even bigger. Nevertheless, I like the Jitterbug and I would recommend it.

I thought the Jitterbug Touch was going to be cheaper than the AT&T flip phone that I had, but I'm actually paying the same. They have data and voicemail on there. They're two items I pay extra for. My Jitterbug Touch has more options on it. Although it's rather heavy and very touch sensitive that I often end up calling my daughter when I pause too long at her name, it's easier to read. I fiddle around with it sometimes and try to practice or work things out and I'm pleased with it.

Jitterbug Smart

Joellen, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the Jitterbug Smart phone and we appreciate your feedback. You can change your rate plan once per billing cycle and our 100%, U.S. base Customer Advisors can help you pick the right plan based on your usage. You don’t have to use all the features, only the ones that you want to, like texting and we made the Smart bigger so that it would be easier to see and use. Please call 1 800-733-6632, between the hours of 6am and 7pm Pacific Time, Monday – Saturday for assistance.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I used to have an old Samsung but it's no longer available through AT&T and the buttons on it were too small. I like to be able to text easier because I have a hearing impaired child. So I went to Best Buy to get Jitterbug's flip phone, but the rep told me the Jitterbug smartphone was so easy to use now. He went through all of the steps and it’s really simple to use so I took it home. The letters come right up on the screen, where in the flip phone, you’re using numbers with letters. Also, the numbers are bigger with the smartphone.

But I’m not using half the things that the smartphone has on it. I'm not a computer person and I don't do email, so I'm paying for all these features which I don't really use. I hardly ever use it unless it’s an emergency or have to call. Also, I can’t carry it around with me or put it in my purse because it’s too big and bulky. And I’ve had this smartphone too long to return it so I’m just going to have to order another one. I know a friend that got the Jitterbug flip phone and she loves it. It’s smaller and would be more appropriate for me. It also has a lot of the features that the other cell phone did not have like the emergency button. So that’s what I’m gonna look into now.

Jitterbug's customer service team was very good and helpful. But I’m very dissatisfied with the Jitterbug smartphone. I would recommend it to someone that wanted to have all those features like my kids or if they’re really computer people and they want to send emails, do a lot of texting and surf the internet. Also, it’s more expensive and compared to other smartphones that my kids have, it's twice as heavy and bulky.

I used to have a fliptop phone and the kids made fun of me. I used it to make a call and use it in the car in case I have an emergency on the road. It was also possible to text but it would take forever so it was just not worth it. Although making calls is still what I use the Jitterbug Touch for, it has been much better. It’s very easy and doable. It's even larger and it looks like a real smartphone. I have great niece and nephews who are toddlers now and I’d like to take pictures. Plus, I use it to text all the time which is what I wanted it for.

My girls helped me put in the contacts. Now, if I wanted to, I could handle somebody else’s smartphone to some degree ‘cause I’ve had experience on a Jitterbug. However, I don’t want to go through all that. What I have is much easier. When I bought it, I had the instruction book and the setup was very easy. The only thing I haven’t been able to do is set up an email account. I thought I had it set up but it rejects the password or the username. But I’ve had a good experience with Jitterbug. I’ve shown my phone to a lot of people and I’ve recommended Jitterbug Touch to many friends.

The Jitterbug Touch is easier to answer than the previous phone I had. I just hit the 1, 2, 3. My previous phone was similar to that where I'd swipe it, but every time I'd swipe, I ended up cutting the line off. I also like that the Jitterbug has bigger buttons. It also has voice-activated text which I feel I haven’t gotten the hang of even though I've had it for a year. I called the customer service team and asked how to get internet using this phone as I didn't see Chrome. They explained it and were helpful with that. Every now and then I wish I had gotten the Jitterbug Flip instead of this one, but this is a nice phone to have and I’m very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter bought me a Jitterbug Touch but I'm old and I like my old phone. It was a flip phone and it was small. Jitterbug was a little big and a little heavy. Still I went on with it and use it when I need it. I've gotten used to Jitterbug. It's easy to use and nice enough. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Blackberry but I wanted a smartphone so I bought a Jitterbug Touch cell phone. Their monthly payment is all right. I've had it now for nine months and I'm still learning how to use it. I taught myself but I haven't mastered it yet. I learned how to find Pandora Music since I liked that app and I also like being able to see my emails. Overall, the Jitterbug cell phone is all right.

I saw Jitterbug Touch in an advertisement in the Sunday paper. I didn’t have a cellphone and my daughter kept trying to convince me to get one so I went ahead and called them. When I first got set up, there were a couple of questions I had and the customer service team was very helpful and guided me through it very simply. I was intimidated at first but it was easier than I imagined so I’m glad I went through with it. It’s cool, easy to operate, and comes in handy with the texting. I did a little bit of the pictures but I’m not into that. I use it more for texting, googling and the internet, like for Amazon or eBay. Before and after work, I’ll check on it and see if there’re any texts or messages. Overall, Jitterbug is very easy to work with and I love it. I have recommended it to others and one of them is looking into it while the other one bought it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Jitterbug Touch is working fine and it's good to have it. I saw it in a newspaper and bought it because it was inexpensive. It's also an inexpensive way to have a telephone. I use it to call and use the calculator. Jitterbug Touch makes me feel like I've learned a little bit more about technology. I'm very satisfied with it and I would recommend it.

Jitterbug is designed for mature people. We like its features and the pricing so we bought it. But we have trouble using all the different functions that it has. We're reluctant to use it because we don't know how to use it. We simply have to practice using it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm going to be 92 and my hearing is not good. I still drive and when I go in the car, I needed to have a phone I could carry with me so that I could call my family if I needed them. In the ads, they kept saying it was simple so I ordered the Jitterbug Smart myself. My son-in-law set it up and it is easier to call my family. He put all their names on it. If I call my daughter Pam in Texas, it will say, "Pam" and then it will say "Pam Call". And then if I enter, it will say "Call home" "Call work". It will call wherever she might be and I can punch that in. And then the family uses the camera a lot because my grandson in Chicago had a baby and they can send that.

It's working great but it's not very loud. If I call someone and then they answer, the tone is very low and I can hardly hear them. There are two buttons. I turn it on and off using the button on the side and the other one is supposed to control the tone when I push it up or down but it doesn't do anything. But it has a very clear instruction book and I should get it out. I learned a lot from the book and that's what I'll do. Other than that, I would recommend Jitterbug. My payment is on my bank account every month and it's easier and I chose that one because it was simple.

Jitterbug Smart Company Profile