Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have reached the age of 80 and was falling a lot, and I felt safer with a medical alert system. I'm pleased with my MobileHelp device. I wear it tied around my wrist. However, I'm going to stop it as of this year. The quickness of their answer is good and I appreciate that but I haven't had to really use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live in a retirement home and one of the directors had explained a couple of medical alert to us and we like MobileHelp the best so we got it. However, we rarely use it, though I accidentally set it off once. I should check it monthly but I haven’t done that, but we keep carrying them with us. In fact, I wear this neck device all the time. It's okay but it has somehow knotted because the little round piece has gone through the other way and I just stand in front of a mirror and get it fixed. So far it hasn’t been a problem, but I don’t know how that could be remedied.

I live alone and my daughter-in-law got me on MobileHelp medical alert. She had got her mother and aunt on it so then she called me and asked if I wanna go on it and I did. I wear it around my neck and it's very comfortable and convenient. There was one night that I thought I was hearing something that I shouldn't have in the night and when I got up to check on it, I pulled the medical alert out. So, it was handy to use if I needed it. Once, I came out of the shower and it went off. Then they responded before I even realized what was going on. Also, talking to them went real well. I'd recommend MobileHelp and in fact, I recommended it to one of my sisters since MobileHelp was less than what she was paying at the time.

My son wanted me to have MobileHelp because I live alone. I have a wristband and a neckband and I wear them all the time. I have the style with which their system would know and help me even if I fall and I can't press a button. When I first got it, I was robbed in my garage. It was amazing because the system told my son where I was. I tested it when I was in California and they told me exactly where I was. Their system covers the whole United States, whereas a majority of these systems only cover your house. That amazed me and I'm glad I have it.

I've got the MobileHelp medical alert device that I wear all the time like a wristwatch when I walk around. My daughter decided for me to purchase it because she's an awful worrywart and likes control. The thinking was that if I fall, I'll push the alert button. But if I fall, somebody would be here. I don't live alone, go any place alone, and go out by myself because I can't drive. So, to me, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the MobileHelp. But my daughter seems to think I need it, so it's more to shut her up than anything else that I wear it. I don't pay attention to it too. However, if I fall in the middle of the night, I might need it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MobileHelp?

I had an attack of vertigo and my children insisted that I get a medical alert device. My brother knows the people who make MobileHelp so I got one. I wear the neckpiece all the time and it's fine. However recently, they had to replace my base station 'cause it wasn't functioning. But they were very helpful and everything's working out now. I'm very pleased with it. And in fact, I just got a friend of mine arrange one for her mother.

I'm living by myself, and my daughter-in-law gave me a medical alert from MobileHelp. I'm glad I have it. It works out fine, and I feel more secure with it. I like the necklace the best. I wear it most of the time but I also have a wristband.

My grandson works for MobileHelp in West Palm Beach and he bought a MobileHelp medical alert system for me, but I pay the bills now. The system I have is the one with the fall button. I wear it either around the neck or in my wrist and I have a pendant, which I don't use too much. The first time I had to use the system to get an ambulance was in October and the MobileHelp team was fine to talk to and got me help right away when I needed it. The system also sometimes goes off by itself and I have to talk to them to say that I didn't do anything.

In December though, I fell right in my kitchen and fell on my side, but the fall button didn’t go off. I thought maybe it was the way I fell that it didn't hit the floor quite hard enough. My son came over the next day and he tested the device and it was all right. I'm very satisfied with the system except for that one occasion, and I was awake that I could get up, so I didn't need them anyway. MobileHelp is very good and I've recommended them to other people. My grandson also bought one for my sister and my sister likes hers too.

My nephew's wife is the sister of the owner of MobileHelp and she introduced me to their medical alert device because I had fallen a couple of times and I'm 84. The only time I wear it primarily is when I go out in the yard in the garden to work and nobody's at home except me. Other than that I'm at home and usually there's someone here with me. It's very convenient to use. Even the one that I can take in the car is good to have if I'm going somewhere by myself. It's also a good feeling to know that I can get some help quickly. I have it tested sometimes twice a year and the reps are always very polite and very efficient. I have recommended it to several people.

MobileHelp sounded very good to me so I bought one and I'm very happy with it. I have the little microphone type thing that sits in the charger, and I have the other bigger machine, too. I also have the medallion for my neck and I have two wristbands, as well. I usually wear the medallion most of the day, but at night, it annoys me when I sleep, so I take that off and I wear one of the wristbands. And I feel more comfortable and more confident that I have help right at my fingertips if I need it. And that’s made a big difference because I'm by myself most of the time and I'm also legally blind. I'm more confined to the house, I don’t drive anymore and I always need someone to be with me when I go out.

My husband and I have MobileHelp. I have the necklace which I never use, and he has the wrist type which he's been using for a couple of years now. So far, we’ve never had a medical problem but we’ve had many false alarms. It goes off too frequently which is why I don’t use mine. Their people are fine and response time is very prompt. Although we’ve never used it if we’re stuck with a car, we like that factor.

I wear MobileHelp all the time. My son works for the company and he sent me the whole thing. It makes sense because I'm 83 and I'm alone, so if anything was to happen I push the little button and help arrives. If I go out I put the device in my purse or my pocket but sometimes I have it around my neck and the base station is back in the bedroom. It makes me sure that if I get into a bad spot I have a way to get some help. Otherwise, I'm on my own.

The button is very sensitive but it works because sometimes I forget that I have it on and I'm not that careful with it so I bump into all kinds of things and it goes off. Then I get a message within seconds asking if I'm okay and I'd run and talk into the base or yell that I accidentally bumped the button. In fact, today I was cleaning and had leaned over and it touched something so a person from MobileHelp asked if I was in trouble. At any rate, the MobileHelp people are wonderful whenever I talk to them. Thus, I've recommended MobileHelp to everybody, especially to those who are alone and live by themselves.

I had some hip operations so I needed a medical alert device. I knew one of MobileHelp's owners so I talked to him, tested the device, and it did everything I wanted it to. I haven't used it but I have tested it and I'm pleased with their response time. When I first got it, I was driving home, and I thought of testing this thing on the GPS piece. I called the site and they said, "Can I help you?" I asked, "Could you tell me where I am?" and they said, "It looks like you're on a highway and you're opposite Daytona Beach." I also asked how fast I was going, and they said 72 miles an hour. That was good! I have recommended MobileHelp already to friends.

I heard a lot of people talking that they can’t go any place without taking an alert device with them, and they wouldn’t be covered if they went too far from the house. I’m a member of American Legion Auxillary and as I was looking through their monthly magazine, I saw the advertisement for MobileHelp there. I read it all and I found out that it would go further than any of the medical alert devices would go so I gave them a call.

My sister, her husband, and my other sister had a device and they kept saying how those things go further. They live in the next town to me from Woburn to Burlington. I went up there for tea one afternoon and I brought my device with me but they didn’t know I had it. While we were having tea, I took the device out and I pressed my button, and a rep said, “Charlotte? Are you all right?” They almost dropped their tea because I was at their house and it was still working and taking care of me.

Also, I'm 87 years old who's legally blind with macular and I belong to the Senior Center Arnold in here. I had people who belong to the low-vision class ask me for MobileHelp's information after I told them that my device went that far in Burlington and how my thing was still on the stereo in the living room. It's the one that I could talk back with the rep. All in all, I appreciate the product.

My wife's daughter worked at MobileHelp at one point and she now has the main speaker with her in the house. MobileHelp gets high ratings from companies.

MobileHelp started in Boca Raton, Florida where we lived and I'm familiar with the regional focus start of the company. My wife has been wearing MobileHelp for at least 3 years. We have bracelets but she wears the necklace since she's always concerned she's gonna press it accidentally. Then when we go back to the mid-west in the summer, I talk to the CS folks because we shut it down for a week when we're going back and forth. We notify them of that so they can update their records. They're fine to work with. I appreciate MobileHelp and we're glad we have it. I already recommended it twice.

My husband worked for Honda and they had MobileHelp there. He was always with MobileHelp and even did a couple of commercials. I've had my own MobileHelp for about three years and I have both the watch and necklace but I wear the watch most of the time. It's easy to wear but I'm allergic to the metal on the button. So, we have to put it on the other arm with a handkerchief underneath because my skin breaks out from the metal. It must be dumped in Lithium. Still, it hasn't given me any other problem.

My wife and I have health problems. I have Parkinsons and I suffered a fall. She did a research and we eventually signed up for MobileHelp that puts us in touch with the ambulance drivers if needed. That’s what they’ve done for us so far and they did a dandy job. We have all the versions, the necklaces, the bracelet and the one for the house. The bracelet is not good because the rubber is not too comfortable but the necklace is more comfortable even though it flops around a bit. We’ve even set it off by accident but we had a good experience. When I first signed up, I did a test run and the guy who answered the phone asked us what the problem was and where we were and they got to the house quickly. I was impressed because I wouldn’t want to call in with a broken neck and wait for it for 24 hours.

I've had the MobileHelp bracelet version for 2 years now. I knew about it from my children and the experience is fine, with no problems.

My mom works for MobileHelp. I have both the bracelet and the necklace, and I keep them in my studio underneath dangerous pieces of equipment. My experience has been pretty good, and I would recommend them!

I am happy with knowing that help is nearby when I'm home alone or out on a trip. The experience I have had with this unit has been good. The persons I talk to when I have questions are very helpful and Curtis please keep up the good service. I would like to know if there would be any money saving incentives.

I am very happy to have my MobileHelp wristband. It is great to know I can get immediate help if needed. My children first gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago, and have continued yearly ever since.

Chest pain woke me during the night. When it moved under my left arm I awakened my daughter and granddaughter. We all dressed and were ready to leave for the hospital when they reminded me to push the Help button. It was answered immediately. I described what I felt and in 4 minutes help was here. They determined I was having a heart attack and took me to the nearest hospital. They were fast, thorough and kind. The MobileHelp operator contacted others in the family so all were apprised of my condition.

Helps keep my father safe both in his house and around town. He can always feel he can get help if he needs it. He used it when feeling ill and the response was as expected. My sister and I are calmer knowing he has a contact in an emergency.

So far, I have not had to use your services. However, I am glad to know that I can travel anywhere and still be in touch with you. I carry the small mobile unit with me whenever I leave the house.

We have been happy with Mobile Help for Mom. She has bumped the button a couple times accidentally but it is so nice to know that if she needs help, she will have it any time of the day or night. We do have a little trouble with AT&T in our area but after the purchase of a signal booster, that has improved. When I have called customer service of mom has bumped the button we have been treated with very nicely and promptly. All of the customer service agents are very helpful and caring. I have recommended this to several friends who are also dealing with aging parents. Thanks for a quality product and quality service!

I have had MobileHelp for many years and have recommended to friends. Hopefully you may never have to use it but when you do, it's comforting to know how quickly they respond. Sometimes we accidently hit the button without realizing it and they are very polite and ask if you are ok. They also ask your name to make sure who you are.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for your review of our products!

You raise a critical issue, and one that has been the backbone of our organization since its inception ten years ago. Like you, virtually all our customers have lives they want to pursue outside of their home space – and our company’s mission is to support those lives.

To that end, we want to assure you that while our MobileHelp medical alert systems operate with the support of AT&T’s cellular network, you do not have to be a AT&T customer nor switch your cell phone service to utilize our products. AT&T is simply the service carrier we use to ensure we can offer our customers a wide range of benefits – from easy installation to enhanced safety applications.

With either the MobileHelp Duo or Solo medical alert systems, you have access to emergency protection wherever you are – whether you’re at home or on the go (anywhere in the 50 states).

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at: 800-992-0616

Best regards,

MobileHelp

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

They should offer it with more than AT&T. I have Verizon. Have had for years. I have medical alert system thru elsewhere only it is just home based. Would be great if had a system that can go traveling with. I don't dare without, so I basically have slowly become a secluse for quite a few years now.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

MobileHelp stays on the cutting edge of medical alert technology. It combines GPS tracking and mobile service to create a system that always works and offers peace of mind to loved ones who just want to check in.

• Their devices are GPS enabled: In an emergency, one button not only calls for help but also alerts operators of your location.
  • They offer maximum mobility: Most medical alert buttons only work at home or within close range of it, but the Anywhere Help Button can even be taken on vacation.
  • The device does not require a landline phone: It works wherever there is cell service.
  • Activation fee: MobileHelp regularly charges a $99 activation fee, but often runs a promotion offering free activation of their services.
  • Best for Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

MobileHelp Company Profile