4.6/5 (189 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About MobileHelp

MobileHelp is a medical alert system with 24/7 professional monitoring, GPS technology and fall detection. With easy self-install devices and mobile alert buttons, this company offers a well-rounded home safety system for those with mobility issues. There are multiple device options available, including for those with active, on-the-go lifestyles.

Pros

• 30-day trial period
  • No landline required
  • No contract

Cons

• No warranties beyond trial period
  • Monthly service fees

Bottom Line

MobileHelp medical alert devices provide emergency response during a crisis. The prices are competitive, and the systems are reliable and easy to use. Plus, caregiver tools are available through the MobileHelp app.

Top MobileHelp Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Albert was knowledgeable, polite, personable… I feel great about the decision to go with MobileHelp. Hopefully it will never be needed, but if the level of service during an emerg...

Verified

Spoke with two representatives... Both were knowledgeable, professional and gave me the information needed to purchase a plan that is best for our family. Outstanding customer ser...

About MobileHelp

MobileHelp’s in-home and on-the-go medical alert systems can be beneficial to anyone who wants to remain independent inside and outside their home. Users are protected 24/7 and only have to push one MobileHelp button to summon help.

MobileHelp runs on AT&T’s nationwide cellular network. The system alerts emergency personnel any time there’s a medical emergency, so the help you need knows precisely where to find you. A MobileHelp base console station is roughly the size of an answering machine; the mobile devices weigh about three ounces and are nearly the size of a deck of playing cards.

Because they’re waterproof, you can wear MobileHelp medical alert devices everywhere you go, even into the shower or the bath. The pendants, wrist strap and watch are lightweight and easy to wear and access. Installation is both fast and simple.

MobileHelp products

MobileHelp cost

MobileHelp's monitoring plans range from $19.95 to $49.95 per month, with equipment included at no extra charge. Most equipment is delivered to your home with no extra shipping costs.

Monitoring costs can be paid monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually, with no long-term contracts. The one-time $49.95 subscription fee is waived for annual payments.

MobileHelp monitoring services

MobileHelp partners with Rapid Response to provide state-of-the-art, UL-certified emergency monitoring services. All monitoring response operators are based in New York or California.

According to MobileHelp, these operators are highly qualified, rigorously trained and certified by the Security Industry Association. The company always has Spanish bilingual operators standing by and uses an interpreting service called LanguageLine to interpret more than 240 languages.

Additional MobileHelp services and accessories

MobileHelp services and accessories can be added to standard plans for more safety coverage.

• MobileHelp Connect Premium: For an extra $5 a month, MobileHelp Connect Premium provides a second help button that can save users $300 a year on replacements for lost or damaged items. It includes extra security and discounts on additional products and features.
  • MobileHelp Fall Button: The MobileHelp Fall Button detects a trip or a fall and sends help even if a user cannot reach a help button. Waterproof and easy to wear around your neck, this extra protection is $10 per month in addition to regular plan costs.
  • Wall Button: The Wall Button affixes easily to walls in high-traffic areas of your home and can be pressed when help is needed. It’s only an extra $2.95 per month.
  • Lockbox: The MobileHelp Lockbox allows emergency personnel access to your home in a situation where you cannot get to the door to let them in. The cost is $29.95, but MobileHelp offers one lockbox with every order free of charge.

MobileHelp FAQ

How do MobileHelp medical alert systems work?
When there’s an emergency, you can press a button on the MobileHelp device to send a signal to MobileHelp’s monitoring center. The operator immediately accesses your information and establishes two-way communication. They find out what happened and what’s needed, pinpointing your location through GPS technology. Finally, they either call your primary contact or dispatch emergency services.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a MobileHelp medical alert system?
No, you do not have to sign a contract to get a MobileHelp medical alert system.
What is MobileHelp’s cancellation policy?
If you’re not happy with your emergency alert system, contact MobileHelp customer service to cancel the service at any time. All equipment must be returned at your expense or else you’ll be charged for the items and have to pay service fees. After MobileHelp receives your returned system, you may be eligible for a prorated refund. If you return your system within the first 30 days, you'll receive a full refund.
Where are MobileHelp monitoring centers located?
All of the MobileHelp operators are based in the United States.
Do MobileHelp emergency response services require a landline?
No, MobileHelp emergency response services do not require a landline.
Does MobileHelp offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
MobileHelp makes no guarantees or warranties. However, the emergency alert systems provided by MobileHelp comply with the Food and Drug Administration’s Good Manufacturing Practice.
Does MobileHelp offer a free trial period?
Yes, MobileHelp offers a risk-free trial period for 30 days for medical alert systems.
Are MobileHelp devices waterproof?
Wearable MobileHelp devices are waterproof and can be safely and effectively worn in the shower or the bath. The portable communication device, cellular base station and wall button are not waterproof and should not be taken into water.

Do we recommend MobileHelp?

If you strive for independence but also want the peace of mind that help’s always close, MobileHelp is a good monitoring option. Its devices use some of the most innovative mobile technology, making the extra cost worth it. In an emergency, MobileHelp can contact the necessary services and your closest contacts to help keep you safe.

MobileHelp Reviews

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I had a false alarm almost every day. All the people in the company tried to help and were very kind, even sent me an older model, which might be less sensitive. Finally, I spoke with someone in technical support who told me I that I should never wear it when I ran with the dogs, or mowed the lawn or did anything active - which was the exact reason why I bought it in the first place. So it was a total waste of everyone's time, so I returned it.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

They said it was successful. I was relieved. As I was amazed at the technology, just turn the phone on and it records the trip. My first 2 trips were for my groceries. and my third trip was an invitation for thanksgiving dinner, in Guildford, I try to take the safest trip not the shortest or quickest. Nowadays you take your life and those around you are in your hands, it is no small matter. Avoiding heavy traffic is a must, for the safety of all concerned, leaving ahead of time helps so you do not feel rushed. Mobile Help could make people more aware of their driving habits, for the safety of all.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I had a very conversation with a lady, I'm sorry but I don't remember her name. She listened to my kinda long story about why I feel I need a medical alert button, or whatever they're called. And she listened to me tell her about other things too. I felt like I was talking to an old friend! So, I'd say I enjoyed signing with Medical Alert!

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

This company went way beyond what I was asking for in order to resolve my complaint. I have been a customer for 7 years and have never encountered poor technical support before. I had a long talk with the supervisor of the department and he did everything in his power to make things right and then some. I would have to say that my poor experience was just a fluke and not the norm. I am still planning on remaining a MobileHelp customer.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I have been a customer of Mobile Help for 7 years. I never had an issue with the company until now. I recall years ago; the main alarm unit wasn’t working right but I don’t recall the exact problem. The company happily and immediately replaced the main alarm unit without hesitation. Recently, August 2020, the main alarm unit stopped making a reliable connection between the alarm box and the cell tower it was accessing. When the alarm box could not make a connection with a cell tower then the lights would start blinking constantly. For weeks, the box would only sporadically make a connection rendering the service unusable.

I tried an experiment. I turned the box off with the power switch on the back. I waited to give the box time to reset. Then I turned the unit back on. Everything seemed to work fine for a while. Correct time and date. The lights did not blink like before for a while. Then the problem returned. So, I started watching the alarm box display. What I noticed was when there was at least 1 bar of connection, like on a cell phone, then the lights did not blink. When there were zero bars then the lights went back to blinking again. The blinking lights never got better.

On September 14, 2020, I called tech support and explained the problem. I found the tech support rude and unwilling to listen to me. I explained that I had already tried the “reset” fix he was suggesting and that it failed. The guy refused to accept that I had already tried his solution without success. To make the guy happy then I tried the reset fix again. The system had the same result as when I reset the box. I tried to explain that the box will fail again within a short while but since the box was working at that moment then he considered the problem solved. I’m a very sick senior citizen and need a reliable alarm system to call for help. So, I told the tech support guy that I wasn’t satisfied with his solution because he didn’t actually solve the problem. I knew the system would fail again just like it did the night before when I reset the box.

I told the guy that I wanted to close my account. Tech support stated that as soon as I returned the equipment then they would close my account. I asked if he could text me the return information and he said he could not do that. So, I asked if he would email me the return information and I was told he was unable to do that either. I got tired of this guy’s attitude and behavior so I told him I was going to end the call and speak to customer service instead. So, I called customer service and it was they who volunteered to email all the return information to my email address on file. It cost me $25.00 to return the alarm system to the company. They did not offer to pay for return shipping. I still can’t figure out why they would make a loyal 7-year customer pay for return shipping. I guess I wasn’t such a valued customer after all.

My only real regret is that I persuaded my parents to get a medic-alert system from this company. Dad is on hospice care who visit him in his home. They operate a 24/7 nurse hot line which he can speed dial on his phone to get help any time of the day for free. I seriously regret getting my parents involved with Mobile Help. I don't recommend this company because when you have a problem then tech support is not very supportive and downright rude.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I purchased a 1 year term, "MOBILE HELP" medical alert system for my mother. I purchased their products and service on Oct. 14 2019 and my mother passed away so I returned the equipment June 6th 2020. We used their services and equipment for 8 months, 4 months not used. So according to their terms of cancellation I would receive a PRO-RATED?? refund. They refunded me $80.00. Here is the Math! Purchase price 1 full year $ 519.50 = $43.29 a month. 8 months service used 43.29x8= $-346.32. Total amount refund should be $ 173.18. WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! YOU CAN DO BETTER, SHOP AROUND.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Overall my experience with your employees has been outstanding but I have had issues with the company THAT the employees have fixed. Everyone has gone over-board to fix the issues. However, the phrase, "How can I be your hero, today?" scares me because it implies that something terrible is going to happen before the end of the day. All that phrase is doing is prophecy that we all are vulnerable to die. I HATE IT, Kitty

Original review: May 20, 2020

So I'm not really complaining about the service. It never really got used and the wife got to where she wasn't even caring a device to call for help. So to pay $30 a month for nothing wasn't happening any longer. So when you get this thing you get a plastic bag like comes with Amazon. It's a return equipment bag. So I package it all up and send it back, 2 months later they're still billing me. So I called him up again. They never received the equipment, so guess whose fault that is. Not theirs. Show me. I tell him what the ** ever, how many more payments do you think I should pay so they told me when they called me up today you know they had needed one more payment. I said fine but you know I'm going to put it out there so I'm putting it out there. Be careful when you do business with these people.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Got home system. Used for about 7 mos. Upgraded to the smartwatch. Smartwatch will no work with ATT in my state. Canceled. Got refund. They will not refund money on 1st system. Raised the rate and said too bad. Also charged for the free mo they offered. Do not take anything but mo to mo. At least they can't rob you for your money.

MobileHelp response

Hi Philip,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. You can view our return policy here: https://www.mobilehelp.com/pages/return-policy - You may receive a prorated refund, based on the non-discounted monthly rate, after we receive your complete system. When you sign up for service with an annual plan, you are given a larger discount under the consideration you have elected to stay with us for a longer period of time, if you cancel before the time you originally selected, your discount is removed and your refund is based on the non-discounted monthly rate of the service for the plan you have selected. The refund you were provided for service was accurate. As for the "free month", we offer a 30-day risk free trial, what this means is that if you cancel and return the equipment in the first 30 days you will receive a FULL refund. We hope this clears up any confusion. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at 877-827-6207.

Thank you for being a valued part of the MobileHelp family!

Kind Regards,

MobileHelp

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

So glad I found this Smartwatch on-line. I've had it for at least a month and I wear it every day. It looks very attractive and no one would know it includes a medical alert feature, along with 'all' the other functions it performs. Young and old alike would be proud to wear it and it's certainly a safety device. Wish I'd found it earlier.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

MobileHelp was easy to get and set up. Really appreciated their service. Then Mom has a stroke and went into Hospice. I called to cancel the service. You can’t cancel the service until they receive the equipment back so I was given the address to send it too. That’s all the instructions I was given. So I did that. I was sitting with Mom in Hospice and receive a call from Mobilehelp. There was a fall detection and they were sending fire rescue to my house. I explained it was cancelled. I’m told that Customer Service doesn’t talk to Dispatch so I’d have to call C.S. I did and they told me they couldn’t contact Dispatch and tell them not to send.

Asked for a supervisor. She called me back and said they’d take care of it. Still sitting here with mom, in Hospice, dying, and I receive a call saying there has been a fall detected and sending fire rescue. Told them not to, explained again (4th time) and was told they’d put a 12 hour hold on calling 911 if it goes off again. Which means I have to set an alarm for 3:30 am to put another 12 hour hold. Thanks Mobilehelp. This is what I need while my Mom is dying.

MobileHelp response

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. The instructions we provide include how to turn off the equipment to prevent false alarms while in transit. This should have been provided to you verbally, as well as, we send an email with the instructions to the email on file. We see that you have already spoken to a member of our leadership team and your issue has been resolved.

Kind Regards,