4.69/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

MobileHelp is a one of the premier providers of mobile medical alert systems. MobileHelp offers: DUO, the most complete mobile alert system that provides GPS emergency assistance at home and away from home and Classic, a cellular in-home medical alert system, which installs in under a minute and does not require a landline telephone. MobileHelp allows you to call for emergency help 24/7 simply by pressing your help button. MobileHelp’s also provides Fall Button, which automatically detects a fall and signals for help even if you can’t press a button and Connect Premium which provides savings, lifetime price guarantee and protection against lost equipment which can save up to $300 per year.

MobileHelp, has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, a reputation for the highest quality affordable mobile medical alert systems allowing you to live an active life at home or away from home in all 50 states.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

110 MobileHelp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was alone during the day and I needed to have something so that somebody could come and get me if anything should happen. I've had a medical alert device before but we had some problems with the service and we didn't care for it. My kids then got me switched to MobileHelp. I've been doing fine with this service and I was very satisfied with the experience. I have the Classic MobileHelp alert device which I wear on my wrist, but I can wear it around my neck too. It's comfortable and seems to work out well. I'm happy with it and I would recommend it to someone else.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I'm really happy my son has the MobileHelp. His auntie purchased it for his safety and if he ever has to be alone or in a room, he can push the button so the emergency people will come. I can go out the door to get the mail or be in another part of the house and my son could take a fall and I wouldn't know. But with MobileHelp, I can leave him sometimes and know that there's a safety cushion, something that can be used to call for help. It's a very good device that's put out for once someone is disabled. It changed all our lives to know that there is some type of machinery that can work for us.

My son has the equipment in the living room and he has two necklaces. One is for when he is in the house or if he is out. It's like a case that he carries with him at all times. His auntie says that when he pushes it, all the information will come up and he won't have to wait and that someone will be there in no time 'cause everything's in the system. The device is very comfortable for him too 'cause when I tell him I'm going to go to the store, he'd tell me, "Mom, I have this device, it's on me." I just leave the door unlocked and if there's an accident, whoever's coming to help could get in.

One time, the device went off by accident and we had to hurry up and call to let the guys at MobileHelp know not to come because it doesn’t take long that they will be there. A rep will come on and ask, but if you hurry and turn the alarm off, they will call back to see if there's actually an emergency. The reps are very nice too. Overall, I'm greatly satisfied and I will recommend MobileHelp

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was alone in the house and I realized that if I fall in here, I'm all by myself. So, I decided to get a medical alert device for myself. My deceased husband used to have Life Alert and I found them extremely expensive. MobileHelp was half the price of Life Alert, yet I had all the same services. I wear the pendant around my neck all the time when I'm home and I take it off when I'm out. I've got the mobile one that I could take but having my cell phone, I really feel like I don't need it that much. One time, I accidentally bent down and my body came forward and pushed it and it went off in the store but they answered quickly. They were even friendly when a grandkid would come over and push the button and I have to say it was an accident. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

MobileHelp is the first medical alert I have. I wore it at first around my wrist and then it broke in two. And so, I went to the neckpiece which I have around my neck and I wear it all the time. I don't even notice it and I make sure it's not visible to the public when I try to hide it.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I live alone and then I fell and broke my hip. My daughter got MobileHelp for me. I quit using the necklace because it's too sensitive. If I was sitting down at the table eating and leaned over to get something off my plate, it would go off. The other time, I walked around the house, it'd go off too. Now, I have the bracelet. I wear it constantly and I never take it off even if I'm showering. Everybody who lives alone should have one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MobileHelp?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Having a medical alert was my children's decision. They're worried since I developed a heart issue. So right now, I'm using MobileHelp and my children are paying for it. I usually wear the device around my neck when I'm at home but I wear the wrist button when I go out. Then when I moved, I had to call MobileHelp and give them all the information and everybody was always very courteous. I give their number to many of my friends.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I’m 81 and I’ve always been a very independent person. I like my MobileHelp and I don’t want to change it. I have the whole set-up and I know what to do with it. I thought about myself being here alone so I bought the medical alert device. I have a two-story house and I mostly live in the bottom of it. I have a bedroom downstairs and another one upstairs, but I used the one downstairs for company. I need a medical alert to protect me when I’m walking around the complex. I live in an area that has 44 homes and these homes are close by. There's a park and a pool and if I fell out there, somebody can help me.

I always have the little wristband on when I take a shower and I wear one around my neck in the morning when I’m here by myself and I feel good about it. I have the whole set-up and I know what to do with it. It sits on the desk in my dining room area and I know that I’m not alone. MobileHelp bills my account every six months. I wouldn’t be without it, I don’t want to take a chance and there’s a little battery that can be wrapped in a piece of leather and stick it in my purse. So when I use it, I'm using the battery and it stays on my desk. But when I leave the house, I take the little battery. I was a teacher for years and I’ve always driven. It makes me feel like I have control of my life so I’m thrilled to have this medical alert.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My girlfriend fell and busted her face open, and the rescue had to break into the house to get her and take her to the hospital. I have fewer worries since getting a medical alert system from MobileHelp. If she's going to fall again and hurt herself, then I know that help would be on its way. With her MobileHelp, she can be anywhere and press the button and they'll send help. She wears her device around her neck but when she goes to bed, I like to have her put it on her wrist. We test the button regularly and we tested it not long ago, and I was really surprised that the response was very quick and we were able to check and make sure everything worked on it.

We also got the fall monitor. So, if my girlfriend falls, I'll be alerted and so will be the rescue. They sent me a case to put the keys in, and I got the key out in front of the house. Since I get alerted too when she falls, I can give them the combination and they can get in the house without having to break the old door down, which would take a long time.

I've talked to the MobileHelp team several times. Whenever I had some questions, I called them and they were very helpful. I really like the way that MobileHelp's system works. The product really changed my life and hers, too. It made me worry-free because I work a lot of long hours and I'm away from home, and she's here by herself. Her daughters come and check on her too from time to time. But when I'm at work, at least, I know that if something happens, I'll get a call that she would be taken care of.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I started having some issues with passing out and got MobileHelp’s classic system with the home monitor. I test it once a month and response is pretty immediate. Plus, their customer service reps are very responsive. It’s very easy to use too. I wear it on my wrist. I’m able to be a little more secure going out.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I’m going to be 84 years old so I thought it was time to get a medical alert system. I looked up different alert systems but I like that this was something that I could take in the car with me. The only thing that I didn’t care for and I thought I would, was the wrist thing. I found it to be very hard to do because I have trouble with my fingers while putting it around the wrist. It was cumbersome so I wear the one around the neck every day when I go out to my mailbox. My mother in law went out to her mailbox one day and had a stroke and that makes me realize that because I have trouble walking, MobileHelp is a security for me. I like my MobileHelp very much and I could take it not just in the house but also where I go in the car. It’s a little expensive, but that goes with the territory.

Wearing it around my neck is okay though I had a little trouble with it in adjusting the strap. I finally got the hang of it and then it was alright. I put on the charger every day and keep that in my purse which makes it really handy. I’d speak with the MobileHelp team once in a while and they said that the main system should be in the middle of my house. It’s in my garden room, the four seasons room, and it’s been there ever since. The alarm went off a couple of times accidentally, and I was able to tell them that I’m okay and something went wrong that it went off by itself. Their response time was very good.

The thing that I am still most worried about is they offered this special lock that they put on the front door and they gave me the number. Because I’m getting older and more forgetful, I’m thinking that if I push the button and they or I don’t remember the number, how are they going to get in? I probably should write it down on a piece of paper somewhere in my house, in a drawer in my family room which is next to the entry hall by the front door. But within about a year, I’m going to sell my house and go to a retirement center, so I have to see whether I should take my MobileHelp with me or not because the people there lock their doors at night, and they don’t let anybody or MobileHelp in, only 911.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I wanted some protection because I’m out and about all the time and I’m so glad I heard about MobileHelp. I’ve been told that I will never walk again if I fall the wrong way because of some of the injuries that I have to my neck and low back. There was a time when I was asked to check it, it was responsive. I spoke to their employees when I can’t find it and they did what they can do to help me. But the other night, I started to fall on the kitchen and I thought about having one around my neck because the device was across the room from me and was not handy. Other than that, I’m absolutely loving it and I have recommended it to people.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I’ve gone through a lot of falling and needed a medical alert device. My MobileHelp was very accurate when I needed to use it. I had a Fall Button and I used it a lot. When I needed to go to the hospital, there was always a good response. When I would fall, I would hit the button and then they could hear me from where I was at. And when they get on, they always knew who I was because my name was in the system and they always ask what’s going on with me. After I get down talking, then they get a hold of 911 and it takes anywhere from five to 10 minutes for them to get here.

It is a good system and I like it but I had to let go because I couldn’t afford it. I was very excited that I had it and it came in handy but it hit my pocket pretty hard because of my social security. It was hard for me to pay on the unit when I had other obligations. But I still got it here at the house, and I have to see when I can afford it again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I pass out sometimes, and I wear MobileHelp on my belt. However, it happened twice when it pushed the button by itself. I took care of that though. I put the cap of a water bottle, cut the center out and glued it over the button. The button was recessed but I could still push it. Also, the charge doesn't last for a very long time. I put the device to charge and it says, "I'm ready" but it's not. So what I did is pick it up and put it back down again. It would also be helpful if there was a way to tell that the charge was on there.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I had a device that goes with the house and if I get to that, I could have contacted the AMS if I needed to. I wanted something like MobileHelp 'cause it's just me and the cat. I investigated several companies like it and I like what MobileHelp was doing. It seemed to be user-friendly and I didn't have to borrow this equipment. I thought it would work the best for me and it has. I have the duo and I usually wear it around my neck. I wear those little shirts that have a little pocket where I stick the device in and I frequently take the whole thing with me when I go out in the car. It's made my daughters and I more secure in staying by myself.

Both of my daughters were out of town when I fell on the kitchen floor as I was coming up from the basement. It was interesting because I may have fallen in flat and I might have momentarily lost my consciousness, but the device went off. MobileHelp came on, asked about me and called the 911 people as well as my family, so I was very thankful. They came out and took me to the hospital. I had a head injury, a black eye and three or four broken ribs. A fall is hard on an old person and I'm still getting the effects of it. Overall, I was very impressed with MobileHelp's answering and doing what they say they're going to do. They are dependable and I'm glad I have them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Frank researched seven companies then we called three other companies before we got MobileHelp. He’s 87 and I'm 82, and I already fell once and broke four ribs so I figured that getting a medical alert system was the perfect solution for us. MobileHelp's salesman told me that his parents also has the system and that's why he's working for this company. It was a good pitch and that sold me. He also said that they never had a problem and that if the system does not work, our money will be returned to us. They will just deduct the days we used it. So, we started with their customer service reps. They took so much time to do things but they gave us a very good deal.

Then the equipment came. It was the Duo and it was beautiful. They even gave us something extra for the neck. When Frank and I are together on the same location, we could use it and it will work by pushing the button. But if we would separate, it won’t work. He didn't want to wear the thing in the neck and said it was feminine but I loved it. It was like a jewel and they gave it to us with no additional cost. All the equipment was free and they told us that if we don't use them, we just have to send them back without being charged for anything.

Everybody at MobileHelp was helpful and very nice to us. The service we got was excellent. But when we used the device, it didn't work. We tried it three times on a Sunday afternoon without any storms and close to the places that we generally go to. One was in the parking lot close by, the other one’s in the mall, and the other one was going to the Stroud Market. I asked the people from the company where we were and they said we were coming down from the freeway. But we were 10 blocks away from the freeway and we were never even in the course of the freeway that day. So I sent everything back and cancelled the one that we can use out of home. I would still recommend the one for the home though. It's easier for them to respond to that because they already know their client's address.

When I called MobileHelp about my experience and told them that I wanted my money back, they sent me the whole amount. But their rep told me that the GPS has to work and that the problem was with the people who were reading it. That's not a good answer either and I was surprised. I was also so disappointed because I thought the device was a wonderful thing. We put so much work in it putting the lockbox in and the keys, getting permission from them, and sending back the package. It was a hassle and I regret it.

Several people from MobileHelp called me. They took the matter seriously and wanted to know what happened so I told them. I also told them that when I tried the device, I was able to talk and could tell if I needed help or where to get us, but imagine if somebody's not able to talk. Their big boss even called me on the same day. I told him that Frank and I wanted to buy for both of us and in the building we live in, there's a lot of old people who were all excited about it. They told us to let them know if it's working because they also want it. So MobileHelp could have gotten 10 customers out of this building but the people here were upset when I told them that MobileHelp couldn't find us. I wish that they would've perfected GPS because a lot of old people need their device.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I live with my niece, but she's not here a lot, so I’m sort of all by myself. I travel in an IV and I can take the MobileHelp device with me when I travel. It has GPS, so if I have a problem, I just hit the button and they'll send me help. I wear it around my neck. It is a little heavy though, but since using the device, I feel more comfortable when I'm home. I put it on when I'm by myself. I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I ride a bicycle at night or really early in the morning plus I have a heart condition and had three aneurysms. My wife also said I needed to have something so I got MobileHelp. It was good for a couple of times. One day, when I was going to use it, I hit the button and it said, "We're trying to connect to somebody". I did it 10 times, but nobody ever answered. Then I thought, it happened like that once before when I called the people. I've sent it back now because it was on the AT&T system, and AT&T doesn't work that good in my area. The lady I talked to was very nice and helpful. I told her I don't have a reason to pay $119 for something I'm not able to use. She didn't argue and she sent me the mail, the sticker and I sent it back to them at no charge. All in all, it's good if you got the right connection.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I live alone and I'm 81. For a while, I wore the bracelet but it kept breaking so I quit wearing it. I use my little handheld thing and it makes me feel more secure. MobileHelp has been okay to work with.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I was falling a lot so I decided to buy a medical alert device. MobileHelp is my first one and my experience with them has been fine. I wear it around my neck. I used it with the wristbands but they broke me out. Since getting MobileHelp, I feel secure knowing that I can get immediate help if I fall down. Every older person needs to have MobileHelp.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased MobileHelp because I have peripheral neuropathy and I have osteoarthritis. With the neuropathy, I have lost all the balance in my system so I fall occasionally. My husband and I both have a monitor on a device. I have mine on the pendant and I wear it everyday. It's fine and I don't even think about it. I haven't needed it but I'm glad to have it just in case I need it. I don't worry about getting out because if I can't get any of my children or my grandchildren, I can push the button and someone will come. They have been very courteous and very nice.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I'm 85 years old and I live alone. I've fallen a few times and my daughter was afraid I might fall and hurt myself so she purchased MobileHelp for me. I have worn it around my neck and it was making false calls. I have not even fallen. So I put that away and wore the one on my wrist. It was more comfortable and I'm satisfied with it. So far, so good.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I had balance issues and I needed a medical alert system. I got the one that goes around my neck and the one on my wrist but I always just use the one on my wrist. However, I’m concerned about it because my receiver is in the kitchen and I’m everywhere else. I’d like to be able to talk to it right on my wrist. But I was in the car one time and I knocked my button. And the next thing I knew they were calling me, so they were there for me even though I didn’t need them and I feel secure knowing I have my MobileHelp.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My wife and I are both close to 80 years old and it was certainly a good idea to have a medical alert system. We chose MobileHelp for their price and we've got a bracelet and a pendant which are very comfortable. However, the rope was not attractive when my wife is dressed so we changed the rope to gold chains. My wife also has diabetes and sometimes, she has an attack. She can phone me in another room but now she feels confident even if she couldn’t get a hold of me.

I have accidentally pushed my button when I was moving bricks and we've gotten a good response. They were very agreeable and they said, “Please call us if you have an alert.” It has been working out really fine, however, I’m disappointed that I always have to carry one apparatus with it when we’re on a trip. I always have to be within a relative distance too. My wife is going to Hawaii with my daughter on Sunday, so it’s not really going to be effective there unless they have the apparatus with them. However, there are two of them. Right now, one happens to be in my bedroom and another one happens to be in the kitchen, which is about the center of the house. One of them is as large as a box of See’s Candies and the other one is about as big as a fist. I will have to call them and find out which one I have to bring with me.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I'm 67, I live alone and I've had surgeries. I also have a bad knee, a bad shoulder and I'm handicapped. If I fall, I can't get up. Sometimes, I walk with just me and a dog, and I had fallen down before and I couldn't get up. I didn't have my medical alert and that's when I need it. I had one, but I sent it back. MobileHelp was cheaper and I bought the one that you can pocket in. I also have fallen before in the front porch, but I didn't have my medical alert thing out there with me. I live in a far place and nobody came outside. I wish I would have had my medical alert at that time.

I have the necklace in my bedroom, the bracelet in my bathroom and then I take the other bracelet if I'm gonna be walking and if I am going out and take a bunch of leaves and just getting my yard straightened up, it’s easiest to have the bracelet. I don't get so stressed out. A friend of mine slipped and I pushed the button. The ambulance came and we took her to the hospital, they admitted her and took the rest. My MobileHelp device has come in pretty handy. We're in a noisy neighborhood and there's a lot of stuff that is going on so, it’s good to know that I got that because you'll never know. I feel safe and secure living by myself and I have my grandkids so if anything happens to them too, I can just push the button. I told every people about MobileHelp.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I fell in my home and laid on the floor an hour and a half before I was accidentally found. I broke my pelvic bone in two places and couldn't even move. It scared me to death so I purchased a medical alert device from MobileHelp. I have the one which I could get an outside help too. I also have the insurance I took out, which is a good thing I did.

I wear the device both around my wrist or neck but I like wearing it around my neck better because it doesn't bother me. My wrist starts to itch if I wear it all day so I take it off and put on my pendant. I have a very small wrist and I have to have it not loose fitting. If it's loose fitting then it swings around. But I wear it on the wrist when I have a pretty blouse on and I don't want that pendant to show. I depend on this medical alert device. I have security and I'm comfortable when I'm in the house. I'm outside a lot so if I would fall during that time, I know MobileHelp would be there for me. I'm a very satisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My husband and I are both in wheelchairs and he was constantly falling so I thought a medical alert system is a necessity for us. I happened to see MobileHelp advertised on TV and it sounded fine. I prefer the device around my neck, while my husband wears it on his wrist. When I have it on my wrist, I keep triggering the bracelet in error. I use my wrist a lot so I bumped it a lot and set it off. I took it off and got the necklace instead. I find it great. It's got the GPS with it and that was another reason that I took it. We can put the GPS in my purse when we leave the apartment, and not everybody has that. We've had a couple of medical emergencies and we got immediate help. It's a great product and we had a very good experience.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

My son got me a medical alert system with MobileHelp. I have the pendant but every time I moved it went off. So most of the time, I wear the wristband and I hardly notice I have it on. We called in to check the device out and make sure it's working good, and the reps were all very nice. I've been satisfied with it, so far though I haven't had to use it. Hopefully, I won’t have to but I know it’s there if I do need it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My family thought I should have a medical alert system and they went with MobileHelp. I got tired of having the device around my neck, but I don't even notice it on my wrist, so it's better there. Although I haven't had to use it, I'm happy and content, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My father is 91 years old so we thought getting a medical alert system for him would be a smart thing to do. My sister purchased MobileHelp and brought it here to the house. My father wears it on his wrist. With MobileHelp, he has some kind of a response system to help him if he needs it when he's alone.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My children advised me that they felt better if I had a medical alert system as I was living alone. I got MobileHelp and I was impressed that it had a part of their system that I could take with me when I go or drive away from home. I usually wear the bracelet and it's fine. Also, the representatives at MobileHelp are always helpful and I usually speak to them when I do my testing which they advise me to do once a month. One time, I triggered the help unit without knowing it so I had paramedics come to my door but we straightened that out. They didn't embarrass or blame me for doing anything so it was a good experience.

MobileHelp expert review by Shelley Webb

MobileHelp stays on the cutting edge of medical alert technology. It combines GPS tracking and mobile service to create a system that always works and offers peace of mind to loved ones who just want to check in.

• Their devices are GPS enabled: In an emergency, one button not only calls for help but also alerts operators of your location.

• They offer maximum mobility: Most medical alert buttons only work at home or within close range of it, but the Anywhere Help Button can even be taken on vacation.

• The device does not require a landline phone: It works wherever there is cell service.

• Activation fee: MobileHelp regularly charges a $99 activation fee, but often runs a promotion offering free activation of their services.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MobileHelp Company Information