toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live alone and I'm 81. For a while, I wore the bracelet but it kept breaking so I quit wearing it. I use my little handheld thing and it makes me feel more secure. MobileHelp has been okay to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was falling a lot so I decided to buy a medical alert device. MobileHelp is my first one and my experience with them has been fine. I wear it around my neck. I used it with the wristbands but they broke me out. Since getting MobileHelp, I feel secure knowing that I can get immediate help if I fall down. Every older person needs to have MobileHelp.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased MobileHelp because I have peripheral neuropathy and I have osteoarthritis. With the neuropathy, I have lost all the balance in my system so I fall occasionally. My husband and I both have a monitor on a device. I have mine on the pendant and I wear it everyday. It's fine and I don't even think about it. I haven't needed it but I'm glad to have it just in case I need it. I don't worry about getting out because if I can't get any of my children or my grandchildren, I can push the button and someone will come. They have been very courteous and very nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 85 years old and I live alone. I've fallen a few times and my daughter was afraid I might fall and hurt myself so she purchased MobileHelp for me. I have worn it around my neck and it was making false calls. I have not even fallen. So I put that away and wore the one on my wrist. It was more comfortable and I'm satisfied with it. So far, so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had balance issues and I needed a medical alert system. I got the one that goes around my neck and the one on my wrist but I always just use the one on my wrist. However, I’m concerned about it because my receiver is in the kitchen and I’m everywhere else. I’d like to be able to talk to it right on my wrist. But I was in the car one time and I knocked my button. And the next thing I knew they were calling me, so they were there for me even though I didn’t need them and I feel secure knowing I have my MobileHelp.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MobileHelp?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I are both close to 80 years old and it was certainly a good idea to have a medical alert system. We chose MobileHelp for their price and we've got a bracelet and a pendant which are very comfortable. However, the rope was not attractive when my wife is dressed so we changed the rope to gold chains. My wife also has diabetes and sometimes, she has an attack. She can phone me in another room but now she feels confident even if she couldn’t get a hold of me.

I have accidentally pushed my button when I was moving bricks and we've gotten a good response. They were very agreeable and they said, “Please call us if you have an alert.” It has been working out really fine, however, I’m disappointed that I always have to carry one apparatus with it when we’re on a trip. I always have to be within a relative distance too. My wife is going to Hawaii with my daughter on Sunday, so it’s not really going to be effective there unless they have the apparatus with them. However, there are two of them. Right now, one happens to be in my bedroom and another one happens to be in the kitchen, which is about the center of the house. One of them is as large as a box of See’s Candies and the other one is about as big as a fist. I will have to call them and find out which one I have to bring with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 67, I live alone and I've had surgeries. I also have a bad knee, a bad shoulder and I'm handicapped. If I fall, I can't get up. Sometimes, I walk with just me and a dog, and I had fallen down before and I couldn't get up. I didn't have my medical alert and that's when I need it. I had one, but I sent it back. MobileHelp was cheaper and I bought the one that you can pocket in. I also have fallen before in the front porch, but I didn't have my medical alert thing out there with me. I live in a far place and nobody came outside. I wish I would have had my medical alert at that time.

I have the necklace in my bedroom, the bracelet in my bathroom and then I take the other bracelet if I'm gonna be walking and if I am going out and take a bunch of leaves and just getting my yard straightened up, it’s easiest to have the bracelet. I don't get so stressed out. A friend of mine slipped and I pushed the button. The ambulance came and we took her to the hospital, they admitted her and took the rest. My MobileHelp device has come in pretty handy. We're in a noisy neighborhood and there's a lot of stuff that is going on so, it’s good to know that I got that because you'll never know. I feel safe and secure living by myself and I have my grandkids so if anything happens to them too, I can just push the button. I told every people about MobileHelp.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I fell in my home and laid on the floor an hour and a half before I was accidentally found. I broke my pelvic bone in two places and couldn't even move. It scared me to death so I purchased a medical alert device from MobileHelp. I have the one which I could get an outside help too. I also have the insurance I took out, which is a good thing I did.

I wear the device both around my wrist or neck but I like wearing it around my neck better because it doesn't bother me. My wrist starts to itch if I wear it all day so I take it off and put on my pendant. I have a very small wrist and I have to have it not loose fitting. If it's loose fitting then it swings around. But I wear it on the wrist when I have a pretty blouse on and I don't want that pendant to show. I depend on this medical alert device. I have security and I'm comfortable when I'm in the house. I'm outside a lot so if I would fall during that time, I know MobileHelp would be there for me. I'm a very satisfied customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I are both in wheelchairs and he was constantly falling so I thought a medical alert system is a necessity for us. I happened to see MobileHelp advertised on TV and it sounded fine. I prefer the device around my neck, while my husband wears it on his wrist. When I have it on my wrist, I keep triggering the bracelet in error. I use my wrist a lot so I bumped it a lot and set it off. I took it off and got the necklace instead. I find it great. It's got the GPS with it and that was another reason that I took it. We can put the GPS in my purse when we leave the apartment, and not everybody has that. We've had a couple of medical emergencies and we got immediate help. It's a great product and we had a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son got me a medical alert system with MobileHelp. I have the pendant but every time I moved it went off. So most of the time, I wear the wristband and I hardly notice I have it on. We called in to check the device out and make sure it's working good, and the reps were all very nice. I've been satisfied with it, so far though I haven't had to use it. Hopefully, I won’t have to but I know it’s there if I do need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My family thought I should have a medical alert system and they went with MobileHelp. I got tired of having the device around my neck, but I don't even notice it on my wrist, so it's better there. Although I haven't had to use it, I'm happy and content, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father is 91 years old so we thought getting a medical alert system for him would be a smart thing to do. My sister purchased MobileHelp and brought it here to the house. My father wears it on his wrist. With MobileHelp, he has some kind of a response system to help him if he needs it when he's alone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children advised me that they felt better if I had a medical alert system as I was living alone. I got MobileHelp and I was impressed that it had a part of their system that I could take with me when I go or drive away from home. I usually wear the bracelet and it's fine. Also, the representatives at MobileHelp are always helpful and I usually speak to them when I do my testing which they advise me to do once a month. One time, I triggered the help unit without knowing it so I had paramedics come to my door but we straightened that out. They didn't embarrass or blame me for doing anything so it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 70 years old and I live alone in a big house. My wife is gone and I have no family and kids. I'm a widower and living out on a farm, out of town. I was up with my horses and two of the young ones were running, knocked me down pretty badly and rolled me over. I could barely get up but luckily I could roll over and reach the fence that I could pull up on, get up and slowly come back to the house. I'm afraid of having an accident and falling. I talked to my kind of adopted son who bought his elderly mother one of these medical alert systems and insisted on it. It made her feel more secure and I thought I need to buy that so, I did.

MobileHelp's people were very nice. I'm pretty sure they have on the safety ad in the Association for Mature American Citizens and that's a very fine organization. I purchased the system as an emotional safeguard to me and got the monitor plugged in, a little hand beeper by my bed that I can pick up and punch the button on it, a little pendant around my neck and a countertop mobile unit that sits in the kitchen. They were very helpful about it when I got it, unpacked it and hooked it up. But the pendant hanging around my neck doesn't recharge. Also, they might want to have somebody call once a month or so to ask how's my system and if I have any problems, call and tell me to push my beeper to test it and tell me how to test the little box for the console that has a reset and test on it and ran me through the system.

But in today's world particularly and certain parts of the country where the crime rate is going higher, a lot of us people, particularly older people, are carrying guns, it's a security. If you lived alone and even the young folks, if they are single and living alone, I'd want them to have one for no more than it costs. It's a peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our son was visiting here from out of state and he thought we needed a medical alert device. It was his idea and he chose MobileHelp. My wife has a little memory loss and wears the medical alert device around her neck and it's comfortable. She doesn't complain about it. When she accidentally hit the emergency button, MobileHelp called and the rep was nice. However, my wife thinks she doesn't need the device anymore and every couple of weeks, she boxes it up and wants to send the device back. I don't let her though. It’s just here in case we need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had had a fall in my apartment in March of 2016. Fortunately, my phone was near me and was able to access it. I ended up having a couple of hospitalization surgeries and was in a nursing home for a while. When I came home in the summer, I thought it would be a good idea to have a medical alert system. I have contacted companies but MobileHelp was the one that contacted me. They sounded like a good service so I enrolled with them. The thing that was troubling to me though is that when the mobile device went off, they didn't search for me where I was but rather at my home where I wasn't. This was in December. I had on the watch instead of the pendant, plus the other piece set in order for it to work. I went to an event that evening for New York University and it was very loud and noisy. Somehow, the device went off. I did not set off the mobile device and I don't know how it got set off.

MobileHelp called my phone but I could not hear it. They then made a second call after which they called my building neighbor to have her check on me. They also sent emergency people who looked for me in the apartment and in the basement but couldn't find me. Later on, once I realized that they had called me, I called and told them that I wasn’t at home. I’m satisfied because they did send somebody and made the phone calls. The only thing that was curious to me is if the device went off when I was not home, would they have sent the EMS to my home instead of the location I was at at the time, which was not near my home.

Now, I contact them anytime that I am going away and that I won't be using the mobile device at my home so, they know I'm not here. I’m out all of the time. If I had to do that I'd be on the phone with them all day long. But if I'm leaving New York, I’m going to let them know that the system will be off. Overall, I feel better with MobileHelp. When I had my accident, I had several breaks in my leg and ankle and was in shock, it was very difficult for me to speak on the mobile phone initially. It is good to have something where you're just able to press the button and somebody is supposed to respond.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was really sick and we used Life Alert a lot of times. They have a dedicated line and they always responded and called me when something happened. I stopped it because she passed away. Then I met someone else and she's sickly too. I'm on the road a lot of times, so I got MobileHelp. I figured it's better than just the one being around the house 'cause it's mobile. The model I have has two pendants. One is for around the neck and one is for the wrist, and then there's the mobile one you carry around with you when you go on the road.

Every time I tested the device, it seemed to be okay. Sometimes it was a little slow, especially the last time I tested it. The response time was about three minutes, which is too long in case of an emergency but I understand it's not a dedicated line. Nevertheless, I feel more secure knowing that she has some help if she needed it when I'm on the road. Overall, MobileHelp's service was excellent and the equipment is really good. But now I'm home and we're both retired, we figured we don’t need it. If we ever need it, I will definitely get one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have accidentally pushed my MobileHelp device three or four times, and I felt that they did a good job in handling it. When I was getting in my car with my arms full of stuff and I punched the button, they then called the house and sounded like they were right on top of everything. With the effort they made to get a hold of me and repeat it several times, I felt like they were doing what I was paying them for, and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Parkinson's and I fall down once in a while. My daughter handled choosing the MobileHelp and I'm just getting things set up. I called them for testing twice. It has changed my life in a way that I keep checking one more piece of equipment like a cellphone and making sure I have it with me when I'm out around. There was a time when I had to go to the restroom and I couldn't get out of bed. The person that was with me was in the other room downstairs and asleep, and I couldn't get him. So, I pushed the button and got the people. They sent down the local fire department and they came in. They asked me if I was all right and I told them I was. They did what I expected them to do and they were on the ball.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had two strokes last year and my family wanted me to have a medical alert system because I live alone. I was sitting with my friend who is a doctor looking at one of those magazines for senior citizens and MobileHelp was there. And so, she went online, talked to Mobile Help's representatives and told them what she thought I needed. And so, I got two Cellular Duo medical alert devices from Mobile Help. I interchange the devices and I wear them on my wrist which is convenient. It's like an armband and a lot of people know what it is. They also put a little lock outside my door where there is a key. That was a little gift they gave me which makes me feel safe also.

I've had Mobile Help for more than a couple of months and they have been very efficient. Once in a while, they check to see if my devices are working. They answered my questions and called to give concerns. They asked me how I'm doing. When the alarm went off and I can't shut it off, they called me right away, walked me through and told me what to do. They even talked to the other people who were present and told them what's going on and how it works. I'm glad they're here and that they're responsible and fast moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen and broken my hip and needed some help to get around so I bought a medical alert system from MobileHelp. I wear the device on my wrist and I feel a little more secure now. The rep that I talked to was very kind and polite and did not hurry me so I talked to her as much as I wanted to and then she left me to think it over.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like MobileHelp. We saw it on TV and it was free. We had another provider and we sent it back. Compared to the other devices I used, MobileHelp is the easiest one because I had to use it a couple of times to call 911. They were really quick to respond. I use the necklace. It's convenient and comfortable to wear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother is 87 years old, has a lot of health issues, and lives alone. I want to make sure that she has someone she could call if she needed help. Before we got her MobileHelp, she had another medical alert system which she used years ago. Because it required a landline phone and my mother didn’t have one anymore, we had to choose another medical alert service that didn't require that. I read reviews on 6 other companies and also did my own research on the internet about each of them.

MobileHelp’s reps were professional. I spoke to them to get additional information before deciding to purchase. We got the Duo system and my mother uses it daily. She wears oxygen, so wearing it like a necklace interferes with the oxygen. And with that, she prefers to wear it around her wrist than around the neck. But the device turns on her arm a lot like a watch that turns on your arm when it’s loose. So she's constantly kind of messing with it. So far, everything has been fine with MobileHelp. The system provided my mother the security that when something happens, there's somebody that will come quickly. It also provides a safe environment in her home that allows her to live alone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I do some traveling and because of my age, I needed a medical alert system. Before using MobileHelp, I used another device but it's a home service on me so they’re different services. I wanted protection on the road so I changed. MobileHelp also gives me the complete service I wanted. I don’t travel much but when I do, it gives me a better feeling of protection because I have something with me. I have my cell phone but I like that my MobileHelp has better coverage and the potential for me to reach somebody is good.

I wear the device around my neck and I wish that the one that I carry with me was smaller. The device is the size of my cellphone and if they could trim that down to something smaller to go around the neck, it would be a lot more convenient. I call in and talk to the employees at MobileHelp to have my system checked. And I’m not complaining but there’s something that can be improved. There's a little bit of time lapse between the time I signal them when I want to do the test. Some seconds go by before I get anybody and I don't know if it's the same time elapsed if I make an emergency call. It could be I'm expecting so much about the instant response but the potential's there and I'm hoping it will work as advertised. It’s a good company as far as I can determine and I'm depending on their statements about their system and I hope it works.

Being 72 years old and living alone, it has been reassuring to know that help is only a touch away. The individuals with whom I have spoken have been extremely helpful and concerned. I should have done this years ago.

So far I have been pleased with the service. I have a fall pendant and one day in the shower I caused a false alarm, the response was nearly instantly. Another impressive thing is, my fall pendant was indicating that my battery was low, I didn't know it, but I received a phone call from Mobile Alert informing me that they had received a signal that it was low and they were sending me a replacement battery. Thank goodness I haven't needed emergency assistance, but it's very nice to know that if I do, Mobile Alert will be there for me.

The band causes a reaction to my wrist and I have to put tape around the band. I believe it to be the fault of the band because the band from my previous company before changing over to Mobile Help never caused a rash on my wrist.

I would prefer that someone was available 24 hours if needed. I had accidentally left my apartment with my fall monitor on a Sunday but I couldn't let somebody know because there was no one to respond to my call. All I could do was leave a text describing the situation. If Mobile Help had a service that was available on the weekend then they would've been notified.

I have only had this about a month. I have had no problems so far. Everything is working as it should. The free lockbox is worthless to me because I don't have doorknobs to attach it to. The hook part is not long enough to hang below my door handle. The company has no alternative, so as of now I have not placed a key outside my home. I have no place to put one. I asked for a lockbox with a longer hook, but they did not have any alternative for the one I got. I do think all of this is VERY expensive!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had my service for only a short time. So far the tests I have done have been correct. The only problem I have found has been when I accidentally pushed the button. There isn't a way for me to reset the help button which I think is taking away from a real emergency. Thank you.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

MobileHelp stays on the cutting edge of medical alert technology. It combines GPS tracking and mobile service to create a system that always works and offers peace of mind to loved ones who just want to check in.

• Their devices are GPS enabled: In an emergency, one button not only calls for help but also alerts operators of your location.
  • They offer maximum mobility: Most medical alert buttons only work at home or within close range of it, but the Anywhere Help Button can even be taken on vacation.
  • The device does not require a landline phone: It works wherever there is cell service.
  • Activation fee: MobileHelp regularly charges a $99 activation fee, but often runs a promotion offering free activation of their services.
  • Best for Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

MobileHelp Company Profile