4.55/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

MobileHelp is a one of the premier providers of mobile medical alert systems. MobileHelp offers: DUO, the most complete mobile alert system that provides GPS emergency assistance at home and away from home and Classic, a cellular in-home medical alert system, which installs in under a minute and does not require a landline telephone. MobileHelp allows you to call for emergency help 24/7 simply by pressing your help button. MobileHelp’s also provides Fall Button, which automatically detects a fall and signals for help even if you can’t press a button and Connect Premium which provides savings, lifetime price guarantee and protection against lost equipment which can save up to $300 per year.

MobileHelp, has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, a reputation for the highest quality affordable mobile medical alert systems allowing you to live an active life at home or away from home in all 50 states.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

143 MobileHelp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My legs are on and off due to sciatic pain. I was in my kitchen one day cooking and they started to give me the feelings of weakness. I immediately turned the stove off thinking I didn't watch to take the chance of a fire. I leaned my back against the fridge and slid down to the floor to keep from falling. I pressed my button and had help in about 5 minutes. It was wonderful to have help so quickly. The kitchen floor is extremely cold and the weakness and burning pain from my legs made it impossible to get up.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Very satisfied with system. Especially like the GPS unit, makes me feel safe. I had problem with main box after just a few months but customer rep was very helpful and received new unit within few days and is working fine.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

MobileHelp is certainly more reasonable than Life Alert and I have not had to call on MobileHelp since I changed so am limited in reviewing the service. One thing that may affect my use of the service is my difficulty in wearing the pendant. The O ring on the hang down part is constantly catching at inappropriate places on the cord creating an unbalanced pendant which I am reluctant to wear. I do hope you have a solution for this.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Have had the service since 12/01/17. Have not had a reason to rely on it, but I did hit the button by accident and the response was amazingly quick. I have recommended it to a friend and she has now subscribed to MobileHelp. I have a feeling of complete confidence now that I have MobileHelp working for me.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

In the short time I've had my bracelet, I've had no need to use it, fortunately. However, I feel much safer while driving around Colorado alone in my car knowing I can reach for help, if needed. I'm very glad I purchased this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MobileHelp?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My experience was very good but I was just testing my equipment and do that every month but just was asked if I needed help. I said no but received 3 texts from your people but I contacted 911 that I was ok.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My mom had several falls and she lives alone. MobileHelp gives us confidence that she can continue to be independent, but that we are available when needed. The lady who answered the phone was extremely kind, professional and understanding. Since getting the link Mom has not fallen but we will update if this happens.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I ordered this for my mom and she's already used it twice. The operator was prompt and professional and took care of her problem. I would recommend MobileHelp to anyone who has a loved one who is a fall risk.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I love my MobileHelp. I feel so safe when I have my pendant on. The thing that I really like is the GPS which I do remember to take with me every time I leave the house. I also like the idea of the Lift Assist, because I could not get up if I was on the floor.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Mom has had her MobileHelp about a month and has had the need to use it once when she fell while home alone. Being 97 and self-sufficient all of her life, she did not push the help button. She tried to get to a phone to call someone for help but couldn't get her phone to work. After 4 hours on the floor she accidentally pushed the button! Because those to be notified were not at home, an ambulance was summoned by MobileHelp. Mom was surprised to see 3 people coming in to help her. She was helped to a chair and since she wasn't injured they left after checking to make sure she was ok. We are happy that mom got to experience how the whole system worked and very thankful she was not hurt. We are hoping she will push the button the next time she falls-she knows she will get help quickly!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Unit returned. Not used due to no phone line with unit. We hired 24/7 care so unit no longer needed. No info received on any refund from year payment. Phone call about how to return the unit, I was told someone would contact me and/or I would receive a refund once returned. Sent unit by traceable means. It show delivered.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I am very pleased with the MobileHelp system, when I have tested the system the operator responded very quickly. The 3 times that I "butt dialed" the control center the response was prompt and courteous. I am very happy with my Mobile Help. I misplaced my pendant and it has been replaced at no cost through the insurance plan. Thank you Mobile Help.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Am very happy with my MobileHelp device. Haven't had to use for emergence yet but have tested and remains good very fast response. Fast service in getting delivered. Don't really like the bracelet. Pretty ugly but can live with it. I may start wearing the necklace.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I returned this product. It is the best system I've come across, but I couldn't really afford it. With the passing of my husband this past November and the upcoming sale of our home, I will be moving to a community for the elderly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I got my back busted up and had hip surgery but the doctor put in a hip that has been recalled a year earlier. I also slipped and tore the tendons in my right ankle when I was in rehab. I can't get up on my own so I thought I'll get a medical alert system for the house and in case I'm about 700 feet further. My wristband doesn't work 20 miles from the house so I also got the one on my hip that's a size of a cigarette package.

I wear my MobileHelp device around in case I fell over. But I can't wear a necklace and it has to be on the outside of my clothes. I can’t go into a wedding or a dinner and have a pin with a little button dangling out in front of my tie. So I decided to tuck it under my t-shirt. When I tucked my seatbelt up in the car, I set off my little alert on my hip and MobileHelp asked if I was all right and I said yes. I was over by some lake and it was good that they knew where I was. The representative was really good. He was very knowledgeable and that gave me confidence.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I’m old and I live alone and MobileHelp's system operates on cell phones. The other ones that I looked had to have a hard one in my home, and I don’t have a hard one anymore. All I have is a normal phone and one phone’s enough. It works well and the price is reasonable. I have the least expensive unit and I have one hanging on my bed and the other one hanging in the bathroom. If I don’t fall out of the bed or in the bathroom, I’m in trouble. I do a test about once a week. I press the test button and as soon as the light turns green, I go over and press one of their emergency buttons. We dial out to MobileHelp and then an automated response says test complete. The technology is exceptional.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I'm 91 and I was having a lot of falls and ended up in the hospital. My granddaughter ordered MobileHelp for me as she takes care of all of my expenses. I got the watch and the two necklaces with it. I wear the one for the house all the time and when I go out, I wear the other necklace. It's very comfortable, but when I'm working and I hit it, it goes off. They respond very well and are right on there. With MobileHelp, I have more freedom than worries.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

MobileHelp was doing alerts when I wasn't even moving. I don't like it and I've canceled it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had a couple of falls before getting MobileHelp but I haven't had any since then. My daughter purchased it and I've had it for four months now but I only put on my necklace when I remember. It doesn't mean that the day I stop using it, I won't need it but we've talked about whether I'm going to continue it or not.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I’m living alone and I stay around the house. I wanted to have something to call if I fall so I bought the one from MobileHelp that I could go anywhere and that I’d also be able to get in touch with somebody anywhere I'm at. So far, the alert seemed to be okay but I haven’t used it yet.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My daughter and son-in-law bought me MobileHelp because they love to go camping and want to feel better about things and make sure that I have some protection. I wear the one around my neck during the night and then I wear the unit for detecting a fall during the day. But the fall one is so sensitive. It seems that if I just touch it, it goes off. It has been better the last week and a half, but before, I didn't even know when it would go off. It would go off about four times a day and I always was hesitant to wear it. I was wearing it at night too and I didn't like the idea of having to get out in the night and have it go off.

Every single rep who came on when the device went off were very nice people. MobileHelp is great. My daughter and I are more relaxed when she goes somewhere. I have recommended it to a couple of my older friends and told them how great and dependable it is, and that they should really have it. It makes your loved ones feel better knowing you have the extra help right there. I'm really happy with it. My daughter also told me it is waterproof and I've been wearing it in my shower because a lot of times people fall in the shower.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I feel like a very young person and I’m very mobile, and I drive my car and I do everything. I have had a lot of falls which we have not been able to figure out why, but I’m very healthy. The MobileHelp device doesn’t fit into my lifestyle and I hate it. I had never in my life felt old until I put that thing around my neck, and I don’t feel that I need it but everybody else does. But I like the little thing that they use and put in a little case when you go out. When I’m in the car, it makes more sense to me, but the thing I have around the neck is uncomfortable and annoying. Since I’ve had the MobileHelp, I had a fall, but that one time when the device should have worked, it didn’t. I found out that the battery was running out, and MobileHelp sent me a new one, but the device hasn’t been reactivated yet although it has already been paid for. I got in touch with them and they said they would get in touch with me, but they didn’t.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I like MobileHelp and it was fine until I lost that little piece that I need. I got a medical alert device because it was more mobile than anybody else. I’m not in my house all the time and I have a good-sized piece of land. Besides that, I go to other places so I needed to have something that would work away from home. I’m 73 and have all sorts of problems with my back secondary to surgery. I have some balance issues too. Should I fall outside my home, I need to be able to get a hold of somebody. I was very happy with the MobileHelp device because it’s certainly comfortable to wear the thing around my neck, and the security of having that little mobile piece was great.

I haven’t had an emergency where I had to use it but what happened not too long before I ordered it was we have a gully spot on our land and the dogs balled around down there off the lawn. I was halfway down the hill and I leaned over to get the ball, and when you have balance issues, you don’t lean forward lower than your feet because you'd fall. So, there I was, stuck. There was nothing close by for me to grab on or to hold on so I literally rolled down the hill to the bottom to where I could scoot along on my bottom until I found a trapping so that I could pull myself back up. I was out there for about 45 minutes. I did not have MobileHelp then and my medical alert device was my dog who came back. She checked on me every few minutes and asked if I wanted to play ball. It was a learning experience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My MobileHelp is very easy to wear and works outside the house. I have a balance problem and when I moved to Wooster, I had a service through the Wooster hospital, but I couldn’t go outside with it. It only works inside the house, so MobileHelp is much better.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have Muscular Dystrophy and I have trouble walking. My daughter-in-law decided that I ought to have something that I wear in the house when I’m by myself. She researched it and MobileHelp looked like this was the best. It's very comfortable to use. I wear it around my wrist and then when I’m away from the house, I wear that little thing on my riches (please check audio, this word could be crutches). Now, I’m not too worried about falling and if I fall, I’m going to be okay. The only trouble that I’ve ever had was at traveling. I just put it in my carry-on because I was with someone at that time and it went off. I couldn’t figure out who was talking to me then I realized that that’s what it was. They were nice and they made sure I was okay.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have the MobileHelp necklace on regular, but when I moved, they had to contact somebody to change things. Then, they put me on the mobile. I'd had to use my necklace a couple of times to get somebody to come here, and their reps were very polite. They have the first responders on my list, so it worked out fine. I recently noticed the device wasn’t flashing so I called and we did a testing. They told me that the battery was probably down, and they said they’d send me a little pamphlet. A rep tested the device and I jiggled it, and it went on charge right away.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My mother has had her MobileHelp for a year now. I walked her and my step dad through how to use it five times before they got it. If we don't understand something, we tell the reps and they explain it again. They understand that my parents are a little forgetful and they have been nothing but perfect on the phone and over the system. Plus, they are very helpful when they walk us through the steps. Every now and then, my mom ends up hitting the button by accident. She'll talk to the people or they'll start talking to her over the system if she doesn't hit it and hold it in time. They've got it down pat though. Also, none of the calls are routed out of the US.

I also feel comfortable with the response time. I've been woken up a few times by the fall button at two o'clock in the morning. It's hard for me to answer their questions if they call me, but I prefer them calling me than me trying to call them. When MobileHelp calls me on my cell phone, I use my landline to call my stepdad to make sure mom is okay. If it's nothing then okay, but if it is major, an ambulance is sent. An ambulance picked her up once before and my sister was notified as well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I took care of my mother for 15 years then she passed away. My sister has the MobileHelp device and I’m part of her account. She was concerned with me being alone now, so she got me one as well. I wear mine around the neck because she wants me to but I don’t find it comfortable because when I use it and I’m outside working, it’s banging around. It has been a bit since I’ve tested the button but when I do, I get a response right away. I would recommend MobileHelp especially if somebody’s alone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was alone during the day and I needed to have something so that somebody could come and get me if anything should happen. I've had a medical alert device before but we had some problems with the service and we didn't care for it. My kids then got me switched to MobileHelp. I've been doing fine with this service and I was very satisfied with the experience. I have the Classic MobileHelp alert device which I wear on my wrist, but I can wear it around my neck too. It's comfortable and seems to work out well. I'm happy with it and I would recommend it to someone else.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was with ADT for a medical alert system, but that covered me just as long as I was inside of my own property. MobileHelp has better range since it covers me as long as I'm in the United States. I also wanted something while I'm driving mostly. I have the device on my wrist and I never take it off. My children appreciate it more than anything else knowing that I can take it out and go and I can always reach someone. I really enjoy having the device and I feel very much at ease with it. I have it for a couple of years now. I test the device every month and their response is very quick. One time I heard it in the middle of the night then their reps came on and asked me if I was all right. I was asleep so I must have rolled on it and set it off to them. They’re right there when I need them and if I don't need them. I’d recommend MobileHelp to someone.

MobileHelp expert review by Shelley Webb

MobileHelp stays on the cutting edge of medical alert technology. It combines GPS tracking and mobile service to create a system that always works and offers peace of mind to loved ones who just want to check in.

• Their devices are GPS enabled: In an emergency, one button not only calls for help but also alerts operators of your location.

• They offer maximum mobility: Most medical alert buttons only work at home or within close range of it, but the Anywhere Help Button can even be taken on vacation.

• The device does not require a landline phone: It works wherever there is cell service.

• Activation fee: MobileHelp regularly charges a $99 activation fee, but often runs a promotion offering free activation of their services.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MobileHelp Company Information

www.mobilehelp.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use