Call toll free
4.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

MobileHelp is an FDA-registered company with a quality system in place that is based on FDA Medical Device Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Regulations in 21 CFR Part 820. As the first company to offer a mobile medical alert system, MobileHelp proudly holds an A+ rating with the BBB. A premier provider of mobile medical alert systems, MobileHelp offers the Duo, Classic and Solo Systems. MobileHelp Duo is the most complete mobile alert system, providing GPS emergency assistance at home and away. MobileHelp Classic is a cellular in-home medical alert system which installs in under a minute and does not require a landline telephone. MobileHelp Solo is a lightweight mobile emergency medical system that also works at home and away. Call for emergency help 24/7/365 simply by pressing your Help Button. MobileHelp also provides Fall Button, which can automatically detect a fall and signal for help, even if you can’t press a button, as well as Connect Premium, which provides savings, lifetime price guarantee and protection against lost equipment that can save up to $300 per year.

MobileHelp has a reputation for the highest quality affordable mobile medical alert systems, empowering you to live an active life, at home or away, in all 50 states.

MobileHelp Gallery (12)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

159 MobileHelp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased the MobileHelp Solo System with GPS and fall detection. I paid the $92.67 to cover the equipment and first month of service. The first unit arrived, but we could not get it to connect to the GPS. The customer service representative had us try putting it in a window and even go outside, but nothing helped. They use the AT&T towers to connect. My phone is through AT&T and I've never had trouble with the connection. They sent me another system which did not work either. They insisted it was the weak signal in my home, but I always have at least 4 bars on my phone, so this didn't make any sense.

They told me to use the return label and send both systems back. I do have to say their customer service is phenomenal! The reason for the 2-star rating is because now they tell me I'll have to wait 30 days before my money can be refunded to my account. When you're only on social security, every penny counts. It didn't take them 30 days to take the funds out of my account. Most places refund your money in 3-5 business days. I think this is a scam so they can continue to collect interest on the money for as long as they can.

MobileHelp response

Dear Ann,

It was a pleasure speaking today. I am so happy we were able to address your concern. If you need any additional assistance, please contact Customer Care at 877-827-6207.

Kind Regards,

MobileHelp

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Had Home system for my Mother, because she is alone 4-5 hours a day. Had hopes this would alleviate concerns from her and myself... but it didn't. System is unreliable. Had multiple false alarms of her falling or being in some sort of distress when she was asleep in bed and pendant was lying on table... and had local emergency services showing up at all hours of the day (mostly early AM) letting themselves into the house as planned and waking everyone. Then she fell twice... and it failed to send signal that she had. First time she was on the floor for hours until daughter came home from work and found her. Last time I was. She hit her head pretty hard on the floor that time. That cinched it. Called Customer Service and cancelled membership and shipped product back per their instructions. I won't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I am a 75 year old man who has been in the customer service business for about 60 years of my life. I have probably dealt with about every type of personality that one could ever come into contact with. Some very positive folks and some who are not. My experience with MobileHelp people began with a lady whose name is Linda. She is someone who displays all that is wonderful in your company. Congratulations to all your team who went the extra mile to accommodate everything I needed to know and for going the extra mile. You can definitely expect many referrals from me in the future. An A+ goes out to all of you folks at MobileHelp.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I called MobileHelp with questions about purchasing a unit. Stuart ** provided all the information needed and inspired me to purchase a unit for my safety. My experience was quite positive and enjoyable. The services offered and provided by MobileHelp far exceed some that I have research. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I just want to say that MobileHelp provides a consistent, reliable and affordable service. MobileHelp did exactly what it was supposed to do - it allowed my mom to remain in her apartment longer. She had several emergencies and the buttons did what they were suppose to do - emergency services arrived promptly, and the notification process also worked very well. The only reason we are stopping the service is because my mom has entered an assisted living facility that has call buttons everywhere. I would recommend this service to anyone. I don't endorse many products publicly, but this one really works, and really makes a difference in the lives of seniors living alone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MobileHelp?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Sam is my hero! It was my first call of the day and he set it to a peaceful level. He was professional, knowledgeable, timely, polite and cheerful. MobileHelp is always so easy when it comes to taking care of business. Nice way to start the day!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I ordered the product from the salesman - a home unit with fall detection. He provided me with a good deal at $34.95 a month + a one time shipping fee of $15. No contract, no activation fee etc. The next morning I checked my bank account and to my shock, the company took out $49.95 + $44.95. I immediately called to get this corrected. Instead of trying to help me, they started saying that I owed the activation fee of $49.95 and the recurring monthly fee of $44.95. The next person I was handed off to had different numbers. I kept repeating that I wanted to CANCEL the entire order and get all of my money back. They continued to talk over me and try to sell me their product. Finally they agreed to cancel. This is the most dishonest company I’ve dealt with. Their customer base is seniors and the disabled. How can they treat us so horribly?

Original review: July 24, 2018

The customer service member was very professional and friendly. He was accurate in his information and completed the necessary information exchange in a timely manner. I am so thankful to have MobileHelp for my parents. We have used it multiple times this year and it brings peace of mind to us kids.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have needed a call alert button and was wanting information for my 90 year-old father. Shawn was very knowledgeable and was patient in answering all of our questions. I hope we like the product as well as I liked dealing with Shawn. I would suggest that the girl (Bridget) that took my dad’s health information would have talked slower as her accent made it difficult to understand her.

Original review: May 7, 2018

My mother-in-law had a stroke 7 years ago and is paralyzed on the right side. She has had several seizures since then and had been cared for by her partner of 30 years. Her partner passed away last May but my mom-in-law didn't want to leave her home (we live 30 miles away). I did a little research and found MobileHelp. From the first time I contacted them, they have been nothing but pleasant and helpful. She spent the summer and fall at her home. Because of our Upper Michigan winters, we moved her to our home for the winter. I called M.H. and, once again, I spoke with a pleasant person to change her address for the winter. I got a phone call sometime last winter saying that the battery in her pendant was dead and they were going to send us a new one. It came within days and I called them and they set it up. Easy! They provide a great service. I would absolutely recommend MobileHelp to ANYONE!! MobileHelp is amazing!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was familiar with wearing an alert button, but switched to MobileHelp because it offered the GPS fall button which I feel is especially necessary when leaving home to shop, attend church or social gatherings. I especially want it when taking daily walks which take me 10 or 12 blocks from home. I also chose MobileHelp because the Mobile Device and the button were smaller to wear and/or carry in my purse. Although information warns that the alert may not always detect a fall, I have found it to be very sensitive and was even found in a large crowd of people when it accidentally went off because the strap of my purse in which I had placed the Mobile Device slipped from my shoulder to my wrist! Although MobileHelp's offices are on the opposite side of the US I have experienced accurate, prompt and professional response. Thank you MobileHelp!

Original review: May 4, 2018

When I called I just needed clarification on a few things I wanted available on the device. When I spoke to Samuel he was patient. When I asked him questions he answered all of them to my satisfaction. He was very friendly and helpful. When he transferred me to Bridget she was just as nice when reviewing my information and again offered to help me with any other questions I might have. All in all they were very helpful and not pushy to get me to order.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My friend began using your MobileHelp service in March 2011. I, as her POA, Health care surrogate, found it to be most satisfactory for her as she could maintain her independent lifestyle. When she asked for your help, it was prompt, I received a phone call within 2-3 minutes of her call for assistance wherever I was. It gave me peace of mind that her needs were met so well. As one of the most organized people I've ever known, she left instructions on how to return the devices she used, the box for shipping was right where she said it was. Thank all of you who allowed her to be as independent as possible.

Original review: April 17, 2018

After several falls that resulted in broken bones and much rehab, I set up the MobileHelp services to allow Mom to stay in her own apartment as long as possible. She actually had to activate it the first day of the service and several times since. We have been fortunate that she has not broken anything, but just needed assistance with getting back up or other minor medical issues. Even though we have family only a block away, this service has been great. It has become a family joke that I have the emergency response number named in my phone as "Mom's Down". Even if she does need to move in with me later, I plan to keep the service, especially with the ability to reach help from anywhere to allow her as much freedom as possible, as well as my peace of mind during these changes. She calls this my "year-round gift plan" for her. Best dollars I've spent on Mom.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My legs are on and off due to sciatic pain. I was in my kitchen one day cooking and they started to give me the feelings of weakness. I immediately turned the stove off thinking I didn't watch to take the chance of a fire. I leaned my back against the fridge and slid down to the floor to keep from falling. I pressed my button and had help in about 5 minutes. It was wonderful to have help so quickly. The kitchen floor is extremely cold and the weakness and burning pain from my legs made it impossible to get up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Very satisfied with system. Especially like the GPS unit, makes me feel safe. I had problem with main box after just a few months but customer rep was very helpful and received new unit within few days and is working fine.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

MobileHelp is certainly more reasonable than Life Alert and I have not had to call on MobileHelp since I changed so am limited in reviewing the service. One thing that may affect my use of the service is my difficulty in wearing the pendant. The O ring on the hang down part is constantly catching at inappropriate places on the cord creating an unbalanced pendant which I am reluctant to wear. I do hope you have a solution for this.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Have had the service since 12/01/17. Have not had a reason to rely on it, but I did hit the button by accident and the response was amazingly quick. I have recommended it to a friend and she has now subscribed to MobileHelp. I have a feeling of complete confidence now that I have MobileHelp working for me.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

In the short time I've had my bracelet, I've had no need to use it, fortunately. However, I feel much safer while driving around Colorado alone in my car knowing I can reach for help, if needed. I'm very glad I purchased this product.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My experience was very good but I was just testing my equipment and do that every month but just was asked if I needed help. I said no but received 3 texts from your people but I contacted 911 that I was ok.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My mom had several falls and she lives alone. MobileHelp gives us confidence that she can continue to be independent, but that we are available when needed. The lady who answered the phone was extremely kind, professional and understanding. Since getting the link Mom has not fallen but we will update if this happens.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I ordered this for my mom and she's already used it twice. The operator was prompt and professional and took care of her problem. I would recommend MobileHelp to anyone who has a loved one who is a fall risk.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I love my MobileHelp. I feel so safe when I have my pendant on. The thing that I really like is the GPS which I do remember to take with me every time I leave the house. I also like the idea of the Lift Assist, because I could not get up if I was on the floor.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Mom has had her MobileHelp about a month and has had the need to use it once when she fell while home alone. Being 97 and self-sufficient all of her life, she did not push the help button. She tried to get to a phone to call someone for help but couldn't get her phone to work. After 4 hours on the floor she accidentally pushed the button! Because those to be notified were not at home, an ambulance was summoned by MobileHelp. Mom was surprised to see 3 people coming in to help her. She was helped to a chair and since she wasn't injured they left after checking to make sure she was ok. We are happy that mom got to experience how the whole system worked and very thankful she was not hurt. We are hoping she will push the button the next time she falls-she knows she will get help quickly!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Unit returned. Not used due to no phone line with unit. We hired 24/7 care so unit no longer needed. No info received on any refund from year payment. Phone call about how to return the unit, I was told someone would contact me and/or I would receive a refund once returned. Sent unit by traceable means. It show delivered.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I am very pleased with the MobileHelp system, when I have tested the system the operator responded very quickly. The 3 times that I "butt dialed" the control center the response was prompt and courteous. I am very happy with my Mobile Help. I misplaced my pendant and it has been replaced at no cost through the insurance plan. Thank you Mobile Help.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Am very happy with my MobileHelp device. Haven't had to use for emergence yet but have tested and remains good very fast response. Fast service in getting delivered. Don't really like the bracelet. Pretty ugly but can live with it. I may start wearing the necklace.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I returned this product. It is the best system I've come across, but I couldn't really afford it. With the passing of my husband this past November and the upcoming sale of our home, I will be moving to a community for the elderly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I got my back busted up and had hip surgery but the doctor put in a hip that has been recalled a year earlier. I also slipped and tore the tendons in my right ankle when I was in rehab. I can't get up on my own so I thought I'll get a medical alert system for the house and in case I'm about 700 feet further. My wristband doesn't work 20 miles from the house so I also got the one on my hip that's a size of a cigarette package.

I wear my MobileHelp device around in case I fell over. But I can't wear a necklace and it has to be on the outside of my clothes. I can’t go into a wedding or a dinner and have a pin with a little button dangling out in front of my tie. So I decided to tuck it under my t-shirt. When I tucked my seatbelt up in the car, I set off my little alert on my hip and MobileHelp asked if I was all right and I said yes. I was over by some lake and it was good that they knew where I was. The representative was really good. He was very knowledgeable and that gave me confidence.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I’m old and I live alone and MobileHelp's system operates on cell phones. The other ones that I looked had to have a hard one in my home, and I don’t have a hard one anymore. All I have is a normal phone and one phone’s enough. It works well and the price is reasonable. I have the least expensive unit and I have one hanging on my bed and the other one hanging in the bathroom. If I don’t fall out of the bed or in the bathroom, I’m in trouble. I do a test about once a week. I press the test button and as soon as the light turns green, I go over and press one of their emergency buttons. We dial out to MobileHelp and then an automated response says test complete. The technology is exceptional.

MobileHelp expert review by Shelley Webb

MobileHelp stays on the cutting edge of medical alert technology. It combines GPS tracking and mobile service to create a system that always works and offers peace of mind to loved ones who just want to check in.

• Their devices are GPS enabled: In an emergency, one button not only calls for help but also alerts operators of your location.

• They offer maximum mobility: Most medical alert buttons only work at home or within close range of it, but the Anywhere Help Button can even be taken on vacation.

• The device does not require a landline phone: It works wherever there is cell service.

• Activation fee: MobileHelp regularly charges a $99 activation fee, but often runs a promotion offering free activation of their services.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MobileHelp Company Information