toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My children advised me that they felt better if I had a medical alert system as I was living alone. I got MobileHelp and I was impressed that it had a part of their system that I could take with me when I go or drive away from home. I usually wear the bracelet and it's fine. Also, the representatives at MobileHelp are always helpful and I usually speak to them when I do my testing which they advise me to do once a month. One time, I triggered the help unit without knowing it so I had paramedics come to my door but we straightened that out. They didn't embarrass or blame me for doing anything so it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 70 years old and I live alone in a big house. My wife is gone and I have no family and kids. I'm a widower and living out on a farm, out of town. I was up with my horses and two of the young ones were running, knocked me down pretty badly and rolled me over. I could barely get up but luckily I could roll over and reach the fence that I could pull up on, get up and slowly come back to the house. I'm afraid of having an accident and falling. I talked to my kind of adopted son who bought his elderly mother one of these medical alert systems and insisted on it. It made her feel more secure and I thought I need to buy that so, I did.

MobileHelp's people were very nice. I'm pretty sure they have on the safety ad in the Association for Mature American Citizens and that's a very fine organization. I purchased the system as an emotional safeguard to me and got the monitor plugged in, a little hand beeper by my bed that I can pick up and punch the button on it, a little pendant around my neck and a countertop mobile unit that sits in the kitchen. They were very helpful about it when I got it, unpacked it and hooked it up. But the pendant hanging around my neck doesn't recharge. Also, they might want to have somebody call once a month or so to ask how's my system and if I have any problems, call and tell me to push my beeper to test it and tell me how to test the little box for the console that has a reset and test on it and ran me through the system.

But in today's world particularly and certain parts of the country where the crime rate is going higher, a lot of us people, particularly older people, are carrying guns, it's a security. If you lived alone and even the young folks, if they are single and living alone, I'd want them to have one for no more than it costs. It's a peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our son was visiting here from out of state and he thought we needed a medical alert device. It was his idea and he chose MobileHelp. My wife has a little memory loss and wears the medical alert device around her neck and it's comfortable. She doesn't complain about it. When she accidentally hit the emergency button, MobileHelp called and the rep was nice. However, my wife thinks she doesn't need the device anymore and every couple of weeks, she boxes it up and wants to send the device back. I don't let her though. It’s just here in case we need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had had a fall in my apartment in March of 2016. Fortunately, my phone was near me and was able to access it. I ended up having a couple of hospitalization surgeries and was in a nursing home for a while. When I came home in the summer, I thought it would be a good idea to have a medical alert system. I have contacted companies but MobileHelp was the one that contacted me. They sounded like a good service so I enrolled with them. The thing that was troubling to me though is that when the mobile device went off, they didn't search for me where I was but rather at my home where I wasn't. This was in December. I had on the watch instead of the pendant, plus the other piece set in order for it to work. I went to an event that evening for New York University and it was very loud and noisy. Somehow, the device went off. I did not set off the mobile device and I don't know how it got set off.

MobileHelp called my phone but I could not hear it. They then made a second call after which they called my building neighbor to have her check on me. They also sent emergency people who looked for me in the apartment and in the basement but couldn't find me. Later on, once I realized that they had called me, I called and told them that I wasn’t at home. I’m satisfied because they did send somebody and made the phone calls. The only thing that was curious to me is if the device went off when I was not home, would they have sent the EMS to my home instead of the location I was at at the time, which was not near my home.

Now, I contact them anytime that I am going away and that I won't be using the mobile device at my home so, they know I'm not here. I’m out all of the time. If I had to do that I'd be on the phone with them all day long. But if I'm leaving New York, I’m going to let them know that the system will be off. Overall, I feel better with MobileHelp. When I had my accident, I had several breaks in my leg and ankle and was in shock, it was very difficult for me to speak on the mobile phone initially. It is good to have something where you're just able to press the button and somebody is supposed to respond.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was really sick and we used Life Alert a lot of times. They have a dedicated line and they always responded and called me when something happened. I stopped it because she passed away. Then I met someone else and she's sickly too. I'm on the road a lot of times, so I got MobileHelp. I figured it's better than just the one being around the house 'cause it's mobile. The model I have has two pendants. One is for around the neck and one is for the wrist, and then there's the mobile one you carry around with you when you go on the road.

Every time I tested the device, it seemed to be okay. Sometimes it was a little slow, especially the last time I tested it. The response time was about three minutes, which is too long in case of an emergency but I understand it's not a dedicated line. Nevertheless, I feel more secure knowing that she has some help if she needed it when I'm on the road. Overall, MobileHelp's service was excellent and the equipment is really good. But now I'm home and we're both retired, we figured we don’t need it. If we ever need it, I will definitely get one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MobileHelp?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have accidentally pushed my MobileHelp device three or four times, and I felt that they did a good job in handling it. When I was getting in my car with my arms full of stuff and I punched the button, they then called the house and sounded like they were right on top of everything. With the effort they made to get a hold of me and repeat it several times, I felt like they were doing what I was paying them for, and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Parkinson's and I fall down once in a while. My daughter handled choosing the MobileHelp and I'm just getting things set up. I called them for testing twice. It has changed my life in a way that I keep checking one more piece of equipment like a cellphone and making sure I have it with me when I'm out around. There was a time when I had to go to the restroom and I couldn't get out of bed. The person that was with me was in the other room downstairs and asleep, and I couldn't get him. So, I pushed the button and got the people. They sent down the local fire department and they came in. They asked me if I was all right and I told them I was. They did what I expected them to do and they were on the ball.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had two strokes last year and my family wanted me to have a medical alert system because I live alone. I was sitting with my friend who is a doctor looking at one of those magazines for senior citizens and MobileHelp was there. And so, she went online, talked to Mobile Help's representatives and told them what she thought I needed. And so, I got two Cellular Duo medical alert devices from Mobile Help. I interchange the devices and I wear them on my wrist which is convenient. It's like an armband and a lot of people know what it is. They also put a little lock outside my door where there is a key. That was a little gift they gave me which makes me feel safe also.

I've had Mobile Help for more than a couple of months and they have been very efficient. Once in a while, they check to see if my devices are working. They answered my questions and called to give concerns. They asked me how I'm doing. When the alarm went off and I can't shut it off, they called me right away, walked me through and told me what to do. They even talked to the other people who were present and told them what's going on and how it works. I'm glad they're here and that they're responsible and fast moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen and broken my hip and needed some help to get around so I bought a medical alert system from MobileHelp. I wear the device on my wrist and I feel a little more secure now. The rep that I talked to was very kind and polite and did not hurry me so I talked to her as much as I wanted to and then she left me to think it over.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like MobileHelp. We saw it on TV and it was free. We had another provider and we sent it back. Compared to the other devices I used, MobileHelp is the easiest one because I had to use it a couple of times to call 911. They were really quick to respond. I use the necklace. It's convenient and comfortable to wear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother is 87 years old, has a lot of health issues, and lives alone. I want to make sure that she has someone she could call if she needed help. Before we got her MobileHelp, she had another medical alert system which she used years ago. Because it required a landline phone and my mother didn’t have one anymore, we had to choose another medical alert service that didn't require that. I read reviews on 6 other companies and also did my own research on the internet about each of them.

MobileHelp’s reps were professional. I spoke to them to get additional information before deciding to purchase. We got the Duo system and my mother uses it daily. She wears oxygen, so wearing it like a necklace interferes with the oxygen. And with that, she prefers to wear it around her wrist than around the neck. But the device turns on her arm a lot like a watch that turns on your arm when it’s loose. So she's constantly kind of messing with it. So far, everything has been fine with MobileHelp. The system provided my mother the security that when something happens, there's somebody that will come quickly. It also provides a safe environment in her home that allows her to live alone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I do some traveling and because of my age, I needed a medical alert system. Before using MobileHelp, I used another device but it's a home service on me so they’re different services. I wanted protection on the road so I changed. MobileHelp also gives me the complete service I wanted. I don’t travel much but when I do, it gives me a better feeling of protection because I have something with me. I have my cell phone but I like that my MobileHelp has better coverage and the potential for me to reach somebody is good.

I wear the device around my neck and I wish that the one that I carry with me was smaller. The device is the size of my cellphone and if they could trim that down to something smaller to go around the neck, it would be a lot more convenient. I call in and talk to the employees at MobileHelp to have my system checked. And I’m not complaining but there’s something that can be improved. There's a little bit of time lapse between the time I signal them when I want to do the test. Some seconds go by before I get anybody and I don't know if it's the same time elapsed if I make an emergency call. It could be I'm expecting so much about the instant response but the potential's there and I'm hoping it will work as advertised. It’s a good company as far as I can determine and I'm depending on their statements about their system and I hope it works.

Being 72 years old and living alone, it has been reassuring to know that help is only a touch away. The individuals with whom I have spoken have been extremely helpful and concerned. I should have done this years ago.

So far I have been pleased with the service. I have a fall pendant and one day in the shower I caused a false alarm, the response was nearly instantly. Another impressive thing is, my fall pendant was indicating that my battery was low, I didn't know it, but I received a phone call from Mobile Alert informing me that they had received a signal that it was low and they were sending me a replacement battery. Thank goodness I haven't needed emergency assistance, but it's very nice to know that if I do, Mobile Alert will be there for me.

The band causes a reaction to my wrist and I have to put tape around the band. I believe it to be the fault of the band because the band from my previous company before changing over to Mobile Help never caused a rash on my wrist.

I would prefer that someone was available 24 hours if needed. I had accidentally left my apartment with my fall monitor on a Sunday but I couldn't let somebody know because there was no one to respond to my call. All I could do was leave a text describing the situation. If Mobile Help had a service that was available on the weekend then they would've been notified.

I have only had this about a month. I have had no problems so far. Everything is working as it should. The free lockbox is worthless to me because I don't have doorknobs to attach it to. The hook part is not long enough to hang below my door handle. The company has no alternative, so as of now I have not placed a key outside my home. I have no place to put one. I asked for a lockbox with a longer hook, but they did not have any alternative for the one I got. I do think all of this is VERY expensive!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had my service for only a short time. So far the tests I have done have been correct. The only problem I have found has been when I accidentally pushed the button. There isn't a way for me to reset the help button which I think is taking away from a real emergency. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This was purchased for a friend of mine. MobileHelp surpasses any type of emergency support that I have had. My friend needed constant help and MobileHelp notified me instantly when my friend could not answer. The customer service personnel who help me purchase the unit were so helpful. They were not pushy and explained thoroughly what the unit does. The unit just plugs in and can be used outside or wherever you may go. This is a plus for people who travel. It provides a safeguard for immediate care. Unfortunately my friend had passed away this May and MobileHelp accepted the unit back and prorated the remaining cost and credited my charge account. This is the Very BEST unit on the market with the very BEST people supporting it. Thank You MobileHelp. You removed a lot of worrisome nights for me and my elderly friend.

I am disabled and my husband works 60 hours a pay period two weeks. Yeah so with him gone I am glad I can get the help I have needed by pressing a button. Although I have pressed by mistakes I always get a call asking if I am o.k. And it feels good to be able to go anywhere and if something goes wrong for me I can get the help I would need. Thank you for freedoms of my home to move about and be safe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have fallen many times and a couple of times I fell in my house and I’m not able to get up by myself. It was scary. I live in an apartment building, which makes it a little better. But having a medical alert would be better so even when I’m out and about I feel safer. I looked at different things, like the AARP Magazine ads, and MobileHelp’s features appealed to me. Then when I called them, I really liked the operators. They were nice and weren’t pushy. They had all the information and they followed up. I was impressed. I haven’t had an emergency but when we tested, it wasn’t a problem. I usually don’t wear it when my husband’s in the house. But most of the time I wear the thing around my neck. It’s comfortable and I like that I can take it in the shower. I went to California for a month to visit my daughter and I was easily able to transfer everything over so I could take my stuff with me. So far, so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m disabled and in a power wheelchair. I had a medical alert in the past but they needed a landline, which I don’t have anymore. So, I waited ‘til there was the technology from the cell phone and I got MobileHelp. In cooler weather, I wear it around my wrist. But then when it gets warm, that gets real itchy and sweaty underneath and it’s not comfortable and then I wear the pendant. It’s fairly lightweight and the only problem is that I have to be in a tilted back position all the time and the pendant tend to try to strangle me so I have to be careful.

My caregiver is only here in the mornings and so I’m alone in the afternoon. I’ve gotten into some bad situations in trying to pick things up and leaning over the armrest on my wheelchair. I get my blankets caught in the wheels occasionally and when I lean over, the blanket hits the joystick, the controller, and I ran over myself. My power chair was over my legs. I keep a pillow under my legs all the time and I was able to get the pillow out and I just laid on the floor. My husband came to the door and I told him to get the chair off me. I've used MobileHelp once and it worked pretty good. The only part that bothers me is that it takes so long to respond from the time I push the button until it even starts ringing and I have to wait for somebody to answer. Other than that, I like having MobileHelp for safety and back-up. I got this for my own security because I’m in this chair 24/7 and I need something that I can rely on in the afternoons.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's very handy both at home or mobile. I haven't needed to use it for an emergency yet, but I accidentally pushed the button on a couple of occasions and response was immediate. I'm very pleased with your services. I would be happy to endorse this product to other customers who are looking for this type of service needs. I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. I use a cane but lose my balance easily. When I take the dog outside I'm happy to know I have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We are disappointed with MobileHelp because it doesn’t work past 300 feet. When we got the product my husband called and verified it with them. Their advertisements have suggested that the product can be used out and about, and we think that’s a bit false. I think it’s not unique to the one we have, and that it’s standard with all of their devices. We live in a retirement community and another person wears it and she tells me it’s good anywhere. And I know she’s never checked that out because they can’t be different by the user.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom has MobileHelp and when she got it, it was the lowest price for the features and stuff. Also, there was no contract. Every time we test it, it works. It does what it's supposed to do and so far so good.

I am well pleased with MobileHelp. The response is immediate when I accidentally hit the button and this gives me a sense of security. I appreciate the patience of the persons I've spoken to when I've had questions. The frequent, "System is Ready" announcements took me by surprise at first, but have gotten use to them and carrying the Mobile Device attached to my purse when wearing the wrist device has become routine. So far I am happy with the system. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

MobileHelp has a very good response time. My son and daughter-in-law gave me this as a birthday present and I used it one evening. I wasn't feeling well when I went to bed. I got up 3 AM, came out and went into the bathroom then I threw up. I crawled back from the bathroom into the kitchen and thought I might be able to get the phone. But I had this MobileHelp around my neck and so I pushed the button and the people came. They asked whether or not I wanted to go to the hospital. I felt that badly and I live alone and so I didn't know what was to become of me so I told them yes and they took me to the hospital.

Now if I'm not feeling well at night, I always get up and unlock my door because I'm in an apartment. I could push the button of the device and easily get help. Then I check in with MobileHelp every so often to make sure that everything is working well. I always want to know that whenever I need their assistance, they are right there. I usually talk to their customer service and they'd ask a couple of questions. I talk to them through the button and I've had no problem with it so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My knee was so bad before my surgery that I was falling and tripping a lot of times. My daughter was afraid that I would get hurt so she got the MobileHelp medical alert system for me. While I don't like the device on my wrist, I use the one around my neck. It is comfortable and convenient. Also, I like the GPS system. I feel safe with it when I go out. Every so often, I check to make sure it's working. One experience I had was that it went off at the West Palm Beach fair though I had not pushed it intentionally. I was unaware of that and MobileHelp called my daughter immediately. I thought that how fast they responded to her was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have recommended MobileHelp to my cousin. I have had lots of accidents where I pressed the button and they responded very quickly. I had to reach out to them once to ask for a new bracelet because something got loose and I can’t wear it anymore. They said it’ll cost such and such amount of money so I don’t wear the bracelet because it will fall off my arm. I have the one around the neck.

My experience with MobileHelp has been excellent and when I have concern or questions about anything or their products they are ready to answer and help me out. They are very professional like, caring and understanding. They take their time to help you out to test their products every month. Remember to always test once a month.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

MobileHelp stays on the cutting edge of medical alert technology. It combines GPS tracking and mobile service to create a system that always works and offers peace of mind to loved ones who just want to check in.

• Their devices are GPS enabled: In an emergency, one button not only calls for help but also alerts operators of your location.
  • They offer maximum mobility: Most medical alert buttons only work at home or within close range of it, but the Anywhere Help Button can even be taken on vacation.
  • The device does not require a landline phone: It works wherever there is cell service.
  • Activation fee: MobileHelp regularly charges a $99 activation fee, but often runs a promotion offering free activation of their services.
  • Best for Seniors living alone, persons who have recently retired, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

MobileHelp Company Profile