4.45/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Safe Step Walk-In Tubs, we take pride in dedicating the most safe and comfortable walk-in tubs and showers for our customers. All of our products are fitted with the industry’s most accessible low step-in, and are equipped with the best hydrotherapy systems to help relieve pain, enhance mobility and reduce stress.

Every Safe Step product is manufactured in the U.S., allowing us to continue our legacy of providing lower and more affordable pricing than any of our competitors. We believe in our products so much, we back each walk-in tub and walk-in shower with the most extensive Lifetime Warranty in the industry. With locations across the U.S. and Canada, our team of customer support and technicians are always on call to help you and your family.

We care about providing enjoyable and safe bathing experiences to those in need, that we created an initiative in 2012 to donate walk-in tubs to anyone in need of a safer bathing solution, who could otherwise not afford on their own.

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co. Video

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

1106 Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The sales representative explained the Safe Step product well and everything was made in the US. The installers did an excellent job and we've used the tub twice. My favorite is the circulation and the small bubbles or mist, but I have to pay attention when I turn on the circulation for the back or I'll be throwing water all over the place. Safe Step people are excellent to work with.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We were thinking about purchasing a walk-in tub so we called and got some information from a bunch of companies. Safe Step was the best one that gave us more information on any of the walk-in tubs. We love our Safe Step and Andrew, the rep we worked with, was nice. He got right on the ball. They kept giving us a bunch of calls that they'll get to me. I called Andrew and told him that I have a mess and the installers haven't come out yet or called. He called me back and he said that somebody was going to be calling me within two hours and they did. The installers got out here the next day and looked at it.

The installation team was right on it. They talked to us when they finished installing and they also told us how to use the walk-in tub. My mother in law had back and knee surgery, and she’s got a pinched nerve and a sciatic nerve. She gets down in the walk-in tub with all the jets going and it hits every spot that it needs to. My husband had a collarbone surgery and the tub helps him in the back area. I’m getting ready to have knee surgery, so it does help relax the nerves and joints. And then my son, who's 18, got in and loves it. He also has muscle aches since he works on a Van’s Foods company and he throws out meat. The tub could be a little cheaper but other than that, we love it and we already recommended some people outside or inside our family that would love to try it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The Safe Step tub should at least be two or three inches wider and I’m not happy with it at all. It’s not wide enough for me and my elbows and arms are hitting the walls. The rep had talked to me so he ought to know how big was the tub he needed. He was bigger than me but he said he’s got the same size too, so he lied right there. He’s the one who put it in there and I can hardly move in the tub. I called Safe Step customer service about that and they put me with the salesman and he just brushed it off. That is not good and I want something done because it’s not right.

They should have changed the tub. I gave enough money for the tub that they should have come back and fixed that. And during the installation the tech busted part of the frame of the doorway in my bathroom and I didn’t see it after they left. I was more worried about the tub and I was mad so I didn’t bring that to their attention. I’m not satisfied with the tub at all. What matters to me is the service I got after it’s put in and they weren’t going to do anything about it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We checked the difference between Safe Step Walk-in Tubs and several different companies, and we liked Safe Step's lifetime warranty. Their sales reps were also great. They didn't push me one bit and they answered all our questions and proposed questions I haven't even thought of. Then the husband and wife came and did a remarkable job installing it. They came sometime in the morning after 9:00 o clock and did it in one day.

Once done, the quality was beyond my standards. We got the best shower unit and curtains and everything. However, our 40-gallon electrical water heater wasn't good enough when doing a complete soak. So, I changed to a gas water heater and I have continuous hot water all I want. I had rhabdomyolysis in the legs and I was having trouble getting in a tub. I also had concerns with slipping in the tub. But with the Safe Step Walk-in Tub, I just sit down in the unit and there's nothing to worry about. Also, I feel more rejuvenated since using it. Though it's expensive, my wife and I are enjoying it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I got the Safe Step tub two months ago for my parents. I liked its heated seat and the exfoliating jets for the skin since my parents are elderly. I also liked that when I talked to their sales rep, she was really nice and she lives in the neighborhood. She came to the house and made my parents very comfortable as she interacted with them. My parents love the tub especially my father as he’s the big bath taker. My mother has Alzheimer’s or dementia and she wasn't taking baths before. But she is taking baths now since we had the new tub. Also, the fact that they can rinse off before they get out of the tub makes me I feel like that dirty water is rising off of them and they’re cleaner. My experience with Safe Step was excellent and very easy. I will recommend them to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We had talked about getting a walk-in bathtub. I had called some number once and nobody had ever returned my call but Safe Step did. We made an appointment to talk with them and we were very pleased. The salesman was very knowledgeable and it wasn’t a high-pressure experience. He answered our questions in a good way and didn’t make us feel inept. The installation team said that they would be here between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning and they were here. They were very courteous and they covered our floors before they would be walking and carrying the tub with plastic. They worked very conscientiously and were through much quicker than we anticipated they would be.

We use the Safe Step tub probably twice a week. We like the heat from the tub and the convenience of having it. We’re older, so it really helps with the aches and pains, and it’s nice that we can do that right here in our home without having to go to a gym or somewhere like that. The people at Safe Step did what they said they’re going to do and that’s a very positive thing because that’s not always the way. I’ve already recommended them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have multiple sclerosis and my son didn’t want me falling in the tub when he’s not here. He investigated the Safe Step Walk-in Tub when he saw the commercial then told me I was getting that. He always does things to make my life easier and he wanted to get something that will be more comfortable for me to use. When their rep came out to see us, he had one tub on his truck which he rolled out so we can see it. I got a chance to walk into it and sit down on it to see what it was like. They installed it and I tried it once and liked the MicroSoothe. I'll enjoy it a lot when I'm back at home. My tub looks beautiful and I love it. My son has one of it too.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I like Safe Step's bath jets and the tub, although I'm still getting used to it with all the different features it has. We also haven't figured out how to use the shower yet and it turns itself off sometimes when it doesn't have enough pressure. They're going to mail a seat to us. We have the one that's against back but there's also supposed to be a seat that's more comfortable. The sales rep was good. He and the installers were nice. I'm also pleased with the installation. I’ve had Safe Step for a short time but I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Safe Step seemed to be the best one for the price compared to the other outfits. The salesman was also great. The presentation and the way he conducted himself during the visit stood out for me. The tub was installed in one day and the installers were excellent. It was beautiful and I like those tiny bubbles feature. I could hardly even stand up and get out of the tub on the first time I tried it. However, those bottom jets for the feet keep popping out and I tried my best to get them in. I reported that to the salesperson when he called me to see how things were and he said that he was going to get on it right away.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I was looking at the tubs on the internet and chose Safe Step because their products are all made in the USA. Their sales representative came and gave a pitch, then we bought one. The installation was alright, it didn’t take all day and the installers cleaned up after. So far, the quality of the installation is good and my wife loves the walk-in tub. The only problem we have is her hot water heater went out and we cannot use the tub frequently. But we're expecting to get a new one installed. Overall, I find Safe Step Walk-In Tubs very pleasing. As advertised, it's low step, and I like the clean bubbles feature and the shower aspect of it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The Safe Step walk-in tub looked safer than the other bathtubs, so we got one. Their sales rep was nice and my dealings with him went well. He listened and asked questions. Then the installers were just about as good. I like every feature that's in the tub that we got. I was getting a lot of cramps before, but since I've been using the tub, I haven’t gotten cramps on my calves. The tub has also helped my roommate, Fred, a lot and he feels a lot better too. We've had a good and very nice experience with Safe Step and we're very satisfied with them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

When we have remodelled the big bathroom, I wanted my husband to put in a walk-in tub and he didn't. He put in a jacuzzi tub. I've got neuropathy and I could not let my leg to get out of it. My husband ended up using the jacuzzi tub only once and he passed away a year and a half ago and I made up my mind that I was gonna get me one. Their Safe Step rep was polite, kind, and knowledgeable. Also, the installers were funny and we had a lot of fun. They explained everything to me before they left. The jets and the water coming out on my legs, feet, and back are my favorite. But it all feels good. I love it all. Everybody has to have one.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I got tired of stepping over in a bathtub and the Safe Step tub has served me well. I'm 91 and it’s hard to stand to take a real shower but I figured it's better while sitting on the tub. The safe walk-in bathtub is beautiful for its purpose. The whole experience has been a very good.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Safe Step was in my email's spam folder and I've always wanted one of their tubs. One day it caught my eye so I went looking around and bought one. The sales rep was shocked that I was so young but he was professional. Then the installation team had the tub whipped in, and they were in and out quick. Everybody was there on time, handled their business and left like they were supposed to. So I was very happy with the installation. I enjoy taking baths in the tub and I'm not worried about falling in and out of it. It helps me with my headaches too. Also, I like the micro stuff. But for a taller guy like me, the leg jets would be better if they were stronger. Since I have longer legs, they push out the jets and they don't get the back of my calf well. It would also be cool if the tub was deeper for us taller guys. Other than those, I love the tub, it was a good deal and the overall experience was great.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs' history made us choose them. They also had a better price point than the others that we looked at. My interactions with their sales reps were good and they had given me all the information I needed. Then the installation went fine. My favorite features of the tub are the hand-held shower and the heated seats. It has been more convenient for my mom to get in herself and wash her hair and bathe her. It's a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I needed the Safe Step Walk-in Tub because I have problems with my back. I liked the looks of it and I thought it was a great idea. The sales representative was really nice and the installers who came were very neat and cleaned up after themselves. They took their time and did an excellent job on the caulking. They also got rid of my old tub. The only thing is I didn’t get a manual with the tub. They showed me how to use it but I’m 79 years old and I forget. I called about 10 days ago but I just got the book. I'm not too happy that it took them that long to get me the book. Because of the book I already now I know I have to warm it up first. I like what it does for my back. It doesn’t get rid of all my pain but it eases it right down. My experience with Safe Step has been excellent.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I liked the looks of the Safe Step walk-in tub and the salesman that came out was fine. I'm a veteran and they gave me a little bit of a discount. The fellows that did the installation were absolutely excellent. There was a piece of plastic pipe on the side of the tub and it had a crack. The guy didn’t have any stuff to fix it with, so I had to take him to a local hardware outfit and he got everything he had to have and fixed it. The tub is so handy to walk in and out of. When my wife first went to use it, she got in and started running water and she didn't have the latch on it tight. I walked in there and water was running everywhere. So you got to have that latch tight.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had all these other people schedule to come out here and Safe Step showed up first. A lady named Pam and another guy came together and they had a van. They showed me a Safe Step tub like they show on TV. The best of my knowledge, that tub was a solid tub. When they came up here with my tub, they came up here with my tub from down in Tennessee. They got it out of the box and I couldn’t get in it. After I told Safe Step that I looked at the one on the back of their van and I couldn’t get in, I had to have the biggest and the best. They gave it from $17,000 to $11,000. They got us sign a contract to give them $5,000 upfront, which I did. It was messed up when I gave them $5,000. I was ready to cancel, but they wouldn't give me my money back.

It was supposed to have been put in on the 6th of last month. They came up here with a tub, and it was all in pieces. Side panels weren't magnetized and it was in pieces. They had Dekro on there. When they got it put in, there’s no sealer coat besides the Dekro and then they caulked up the cracks and everything. Then they had to put a six to eight-inch little step down on it and everything. But they did all these in one day’s time. It looked pretty good when they first got it done. They told us we couldn’t use it for 48 hours. We didn’t use it until late Sunday evening 'cause they didn’t get it put in until late Friday evening. We waited late Sunday evening to use it. We're both elderly people and both of us crippling. We got a 19-year-old crippled granddaughter that has to wear braces up to her knees and can't walk. We mainly got the tub for her and me and my wife because we're both crippled in a wheelchair and a walker.

They carried all these pieces into my car garage. I got to look and some of these panels were all worked up, flat and straight. I was looking at this old Dekro on the back of them and I'm thinking, “Surely. This ain’t what I'm getting. How is this going to look when they get done?” Well, when they got done, it looked pretty good. The next morning, which was a Saturday, I was in there sitting on the stool beside it looking around the door and all that caulk came loose. I reached out and pushed on it to see if it stayed up and it wouldn't stay up. The caulking is also still so sticky that your hair will get stuck with it.

I called the installer and he told me to send him a tube of caulk and he can fix it. I went trying to call somebody to come and do something about the issue all weekend, emergency line. Nobody can get that done and said that I had to wait for Monday after 8:00. Then they lied to him and sent me the wrong tub. I went and called back trying to see what I could get done. They told me they got it coming on the 18th for my schedule.

On the 18th, they showed up here with this tub that I've got. I wish I can get in it, but I just stand over on the far corner and turned my feet sideways one way and one the other way, and lean to the back as far as I can lean to get the door shut. It doesn't work well for me. It works good for my granddaughter. We're paying $11,000 for something and it's falling apart. Finally, Monday morning, the installer showed me where he had put an extension on it. He told me that everything's lifetime warranty as long as I live in the house and that they'll come within 24 hours. On Monday evening the one I spoke to wasn't too generous with me. He told me that they couldn't send someone out until Thursday. I said, “I've gone without our bathroom from Friday until today to even get in there and to shower off.” I also told him that it was an emergency.

What happened to all those guarantees within 24 hours? Our handicapped granddaughter is supposed to be without the equipment for a week? Safe Step ripped me off for $11,000. They told me I couldn’t get it done cheaper, but I could have. I've threatened them of BBB because I have been lied to since the get-go. American Standard came down to $7,000 something. Kohler down the road here came down to below $8,000. We started out with $17,000 here at the house trying to get me to pay that. I am absolutely dissatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My husband saw Safe Steps Walk-in Tubs online and made the phone call. The sales reps who came here was very thorough and covered all our concerns about safety. They went through all the steps to evaluate whether we needed a sit-in tub or if the shower would be fine. Then they talked to us about all our concerns. Particularly, my husband was having difficulty getting in and out of the tub and had concerns about the safety of a tub versus a shower.

Their installers were very nice, courteous, speedy, and professional. When they came, they introduced themselves and got started and continued on until they were finished. There was an issue and one of the older pipes was clogged. They came out and showed it to us and explained the problem. Then they replaced it and continued on. They were very good.

My husband likes the seat that we had installed, which is very convenient, and the ease of getting in and out. We'd like a little larger lip, but it keeps the water in and works great. We have guests that come in and out frequently and they're all very impressed with it and seemed to like having that versus our old tub. We're both satisfied with the shower and we're very glad that we had it put in. The price was a staggering, but we enjoyed the shower a lot.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My parents are both elderly and my mother is a little overweight. They had a garden tub and it was hard for her to lift her weight over to get in and out of the tub. When my father and I watched the TV commercial of the Safe Step walk-in tub, he liked it and wanted to try it. He's had open heart surgery and the walk-in tub would benefit him too. The sales reps were outstanding and the rep that came out really sold us on the tub. The guys that installed the tub were very nice guys and they were very professional, and they knew exactly what they were doing. They walked us through everything they did, didn't hesitate, and went right in and got the tub in there. Later on, the sales rep even called to check and see how my mother liked the tub. My dad said Safe Step has good people working for them.

I was the first one to try the walk-in tub and I loved it. I said, "If this was my bath, I might have a candle and a radio, and I'd be in there all the time." But even if the tub is right off my parents' bedroom and others have enjoyed using it, my mother, who's got dementia, was afraid of it at first because of the way the drawer locks. But I told her it's absolutely safe and there's no way she can fall. We had to tell her before to move her leg over so we could shut the door, but she's getting used to the tub and she's getting better at getting into it. As time goes on, she'll have no choice but use it more as that tub cost her $14,000. On the other hand, my dad likes to shower and think. He has poor circulation in his legs and sits down whenever he wants, and I told him to try the jets today. All in all, we've had an excellent experience with Safe Step.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I had a good experience with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. I heard that they were the best and so far, they are. My interactions with their rep were great. The installation team was very good too. The tech was truly a professional. He paired up with his wife and they did a wonderful job. They left with no mess at all. Everything is leveled up and nothing is leaking. I'm well pleased. The price is a little high but the tub is wonderful and I'm really enjoying it. My favorite feature is the foot massage and the tub has done good on my legs and the arthritis on my back. I would recommend Safe Step to anybody else who wants one.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I called Safe Step and the rep came up and showed me all of her brochures and sold me on it. She was also very pleasant. The installers got my old tub out and installed the Safe Step Walk-in Tub in one day. Then they showed me how to run it. I like the jet and the microbead features. It was getting to the point where I couldn't climb over a tub anymore and I can feel the difference in my legs now. We just love Safe Step.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I did an online search and Safe Steps had the best reputation. The sales reps were always very pleasant, professional, and thorough, while the installers were very personable, great and did an excellent job. I like the way the jets are set up and the high-volume bubble spray was good. The walk-in tub is a very safe alternative to my shower stall and I enjoy it very much. Safe Steps was excellent.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My other half needed a walk-in tub because he is disabled. We ordered one from Safe Step and I was downstairs when they installed it. The installers were in and out and I barely knew they were there. But they did a beautiful job and I enjoyed talking to whoever set it up. There was teamwork and the whole process was good for me. Right now, what my husband really enjoy is sitting down with the seat. In that way, he could sit back, relax and prolong himself to the bowl. Overall, my experience with Safe Step was the greatest and I loved it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I wanted an American-made bathtub and looked into three companies before I went with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs because of the quality. The sales representative was wonderful and we had a great time. He was very helpful and gave me the best price possible. He has called back and wants to see the installation. The installation is beautiful and the installation team was very good and had cleaned up fabulously. I had surgery on my back three times and I like the back jets because it feels great and helps my back tremendously. I also love the neat microbubbles and now, my skin is a lot smoother. I would recommend Safe Step Walk-in Tubs to anyone. I've had my neighbors come in and they’re all in awe of it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I like my Safe Step tub. It has my neck when I lay my back down, but it would be even nicer if the jets were a little higher up on the back. I didn’t know that the Safe Step tub had all the bells and whistles the guy who came out talked to me about. I can’t run the jets with the atomizer on. Plus, he said there were more jets than what there are.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Getting in and out of a regular tub was hard for me and I figured it would be easy for me if I get a walk-in tub. Safe Step Walk-in Tubs was the first one I called and they were very easy to deal with. The ones I talked with on the phone were the nicest and most helpful people ever. They were very pleasant to talk with and very knowledgeable about the product. The installation team was very professional and knew what they're doing. I'm very happy with how quickly things got done and I'm very pleased with the tub. I shower in it and it's much easier because I could sit. I'm looking forward to using it all the way when I get my larger hot water tank. I highly recommend Safe Step.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have been thinking about getting a walk-in tub for a while and looked at two or three but there are some features about them that I didn't like. And then Safe Step came up which had different features. The tub kind of looks like a Cadillac instead of a Ford. It's much nicer than the other ones I have looked at and I love all of its features. The sales rep was a very nice man -- no hard sell and just knowledgeable. Also I was amazed at how quickly they got the installation done and how nice the tub looked. I had special tile work done on around the edges of the other large tub that I had. I told them I didn't want the tile work messed up and they didn't touch it. When they took the old tub out the cleanup was spotless. They didn't leave anything behind. I've had more relaxation since the installation. Everything went so positive.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

In buying a walk-in tub, I chose Safe Step because of the lifetime warranty. I had pleasant dealings and had no problem with the sales rep. The installers were very courteous and nice. I like the jets feature. My wife was mainly the one who used the tub, but we’ve been busy because her sister died and she only used it two or three times. She’s happy with it, though, and the only thing she complained about was having to sit in it and wait for it to fill up. The Safe Step people were very pleasant and knowledgeable and everything went fine.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We got some coupons in the mail and I called Safe Step Walk-in Tubs about it and set up the appointment. The sales representative was nice. My husband and I talked it over and came to a conclusion that we would go a little bit more so we got it straight. The installation team knew exactly what they were doing. They came, put it in and explained what I had to do but I still referred back to the book to see what I needed to do. I got a back problem and the jets help with my arthritis. Water shot all over the whole room when I put the jets on high so I’m still learning how to use it. The bathtub fills up to my satisfaction but it doesn’t fill up as fast as I‘d like for it to. I would recommend Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. It’s the best company to deal with and it’s made in the USA.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive