4.36/5
Based on 170 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Safe Step Walk-In Tubs, we take pride in dedicating the most safe and comfortable walk-in tubs and showers for our customers. All of our products are fitted with the industry’s most accessible low step-in, and are equipped with the best hydrotherapy systems to help relieve pain, enhance mobility and reduce stress.

Every Safe Step product is manufactured in the U.S., allowing us to continue our legacy of providing lower and more affordable pricing than any of our competitors. We believe in our products so much, we back each walk-in tub and walk-in shower with the most extensive Lifetime Warranty in the industry. With locations across the U.S. and Canada, our team of customer support and technicians are always on call to help you and your family.

We care about providing enjoyable and safe bathing experiences to those in need, that we created an initiative in 2012 to donate walk-in tubs to anyone in need of a safer bathing solution, who could otherwise not afford on their own.

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co. Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

1179 Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 9, 2018

We got interested in Safe Step because of my wife's inability to get in and out of the bathtub. Safe Step was less expensive and we liked the features it has. Mike, the rep who helped us, was okay and we had a good dealing with him. The installation team did a great job too. They weren't here that long and we would never have known they were here except the tub was in place of the old one. It's a nice tub. My wife has cancer and now she can get in and out of the tub and take a bath by herself. Although the tub costs too much, it gives her a certain amount of independence and privacy so it's worked out well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We saw Safe Step Walk-In Tubs in a magazine about four or five years ago and called them. A gentleman came out and it was the same guy that sold it to us this time. He was very knowledgeable. All of his materials, in comparison to other tubs, were better this time around. The only reason we didn’t do it the first time was we didn’t have $12000 to spend. We also had Kohler, one other company, and American Standard come out. I did a lot of research and American Standard’s lowest price was $18000 plus. They gave a free toilet that was computerized and had a bidet but I told my wife that for the cost of their tub, that toilet is not free. We’re paying for it. And Kohler didn’t have the quality. The thing I liked best out of all four tubs we looked at was Safe Step is American-made and assembled here, where all the others were made outside and assembled here in the states.

We put money down and paid online for Safe Step. The installers were supposed to be here at 8:00 but they got here at 7:30 in the morning. There were four of them. The guy that headed the crew had three other crews and I watched them and they were very professional. Then, by 1:30, they were out of here. So far, my wife really enjoys the tub and she loves the light. Ladies like sitting in the tub and she really enjoys the jet. The one she uses the most is the microbubble and she really likes it. The only thing is when we use the aromatherapy, we put all the drops in, but we don't smell anything.

When the presentations came, all three or four people looked at the water tank. I’m surprised that when the guys thought we had a 50-gallon tank, they didn’t say anything and only one said that I’m gonna need a bigger tank. We didn’t know that for the size of the tub that we got, we needed an 80-gallon or more water tank. There’s not enough hot water for the possibility of two or three showers and we have to schedule my wife's bath later in the day. And I have to watch doing dishes or laundry and I have to plan everything so that when she takes a bath, she has enough hot water. We’ll get a bigger tank later on when this one goes out.

I would highly recommend the tub and cleaning is really easy. With American Standard and Kohler, I had to clean the jets and everything once a week, but with Safe Step, it’s once a month. And it’s with a spoonful of dish soap and Clorox. The salesman said that in their home, they use scrubbing bubbles and when they’re done, they just spray it on and rinse it off.

Original review: May 8, 2018

At first, we said that we were going to consider something else, but Safe Step's rep was very pushy. We just wanted him out of here and we finally signed. Safe Step did what they said they were gonna do, except the installation crew left a hole in one tile where the previous shower in the wall was. They said they'd look for a tile, but I haven’t heard back from them. They also broke a six-inch tile around the window. I'm still learning the tub but one of the worst things about the tub is it takes so much water, but I knew that upfront. I wouldn’t recommend Safe Step Walk-In Tubs.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had a really good experience with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. I've been looking at them for a long time and I kept seeing them advertised in Elks since I get the Elks Magazine. I called their number and when they told me that they were made in the United States, that sold me. The Safe Step representatives were all great, particularly the guy who sold it to me. And the two guys who installed were super neat fellows and nice. They came and measured and then they installed in one day. With the tub, I love the back massage and to the legs. I also love the micro bubble which is fantastic. Since I've started using the tub, I noticed that my skin is better and the one leg that I had hurt in a fall is beginning to come around now with the massage.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I got a thing in the mail about $1,500 off from Safe Step, and I’d been wanting a walk-in tub because my leg wasn’t getting right into the bathtub. I had a bone broken in one leg and my ankle's broken too. The sales rep talked and talked, took his time and explained what to do. He was a good salesman and I liked him. I had the tub installed last month and I like everything about it. It didn’t take the installers a day to install it. They cleaned up too. Safe Step has some good people working with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Original review: May 7, 2018

I happen to see Safe Step Walk-in Tubs' advertisement on TV so I called them. Their sales rep seemed to have done well. He made a good presentation and we were informed on his product. We agreed on the price and the main thing was the guarantee on it. It was a little expensive but I'm hoping it's gonna be money well spent. The installation team were real nice people and our interactions were very good. Everything with the walk-in tub is good and I'm enjoying all of its features. Since the installation, I feel that my legs are a little more relaxed.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The first time, the Safe Step sales rep didn’t know how to cut the door for me but my niece came and cut it off and showed the rep, and it's been doing good ever since. The installation team did a nice job and they cleaned up everything. I get in the tub, sit down and then turn the jets on. The pain I feel is not as bad unless I get around a lot in the day, but then I go in the tub and get out and then I feel a lot better. I love it.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Safe Step is made in the US and their stuff is guaranteed for life. The sales rep was very personable and our interaction went really well. He sat down and took his time and explained everything in detail. The installation process went really smooth, too. The guys knew what they were doing and cleaned up after themselves. They filled up the tub, made sure everything worked, and went over everything with me. Now, it's easier for my mom to get in and out of the tub. It's also easier for me to use and it does not hurt my back as I don’t have to strain it so much.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Safe Step isn't installing their tubs very nicely with the outside framing. They put inexpensive plastic all around my tub to finish it and it doesn’t look finished nicely for a $13,000 tub. I told the installers where to put the tub in my bathroom as I wanted it more even with my shower and it would sit back about eight inches from the edge of my rug where my original tub was. Then I had them leave open the end where they could have covered it with plastic. I happened to have some old tile that the builder left in my house in 2005 and I have just enough to put tile around the front of my tub.

I also had Safe Step's installers put the concrete board that you put under tile around the edge of my tub. Then, I’m having a Corian dealer make the top edge that goes around it to match some other shelving around my shower. So, it would look like the tub is sitting on tile instead of sitting on an unfinished rug. It would cost me extra to do it, but on a $13,000 tub, what’s a $1,000 more if it makes it look better and fit into the room better. It would be nice though if Safe Step has tile people that could do this without me having to hire a separate tile person. Then when this is finished, I'm going to send my salesperson Mike and the installers a finished picture of it to show them how it looked better with the bathroom if you tile it to make it look like the rest of the bathroom.

The installers were fine, though. They had to put the installation off for a week since it snowed one day and they couldn't install it when they originally planned to. But we got it done. They also did exactly what I asked them to do. I just did not want plastic board put around it. The tub itself works very well. The only problem I have is that my hot water tank is not big enough to totally fill it. I had asked Mike about that but he kind of didn’t say anything. He did admit though that it should have two 50-gallon hot water tanks and I only have one.

Still, I would recommend this tub to friends who have bad knees like I do. I like hot baths and using the tub has helped the circulation in my bad knee. I just had stem cell shots put in my knees and I couldn't take any anti-inflammatories so my knees stay swollen and all you can do for it is to put heat. This tub is very easy to get into as well. You have a lot to hold on to so you don’t have to put up a lot of grab bars like you do in a regular shower or tub and that’s important as we get older and more feeble.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I had a big bathtub and my wife Mary couldn’t get into it anymore as it was too high. Safe Step was warrantied for life, so I don’t have to work on it at all. The sales rep explained everything to me and Mary, and I had a good conversation with him. Also, the two installation guys were awesome. They came up here and had the installation done fast. They did a really good job on my bathroom. They explained everything to me and said to call them if I ever had any problems. The only problem I have is they haven’t sent me an operator’s manual and I'm having trouble with my lights which don’t stay on. I called the two installation guys and they said they passed the word to somebody. That was over a month ago and I haven’t heard from them since. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with the tub and my wife likes it. My grandkids love it as well. I use it about three times a week to massage my legs and I love it too. I've already recommended Safe Step.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Diane, a friend that I was taking care of, got out of the hospital and she couldn’t take a bath or a shower without a walk-in bathtub, so it was the necessity of it that made us decide on Safe Step. We were in a hurry to get one and our salesperson was really good on explaining about it. Dealing with their installation team was excellent but when they installed the tub, they filled the molding at the bottom with caulk and I wish so bad they would have cut it more precisely so it wouldn’t need so much fill in. I’m still waiting for them to come out to fix them but other than that, the hydrotherapy of the bathtub is just wonderful. It has improved my friend greatly and as for me, I take full advantage of it when taking a shower.

Original review: May 5, 2018

The sales rep from Safe Step was quite good. He told me though that he was “Johnny on the spot” and that everything was one hundred percent. But something went wrong and I called and I’m getting no results. The remote does not work and they told me they were gonna send me another one, and it has been a month. But the installation went really well. They cleaned up and the tub looked good. I’m disabled and I wasn’t able to bathe before. I had to shower all the time and now I can bathe. It’s very soothing and relaxing, and I’m enjoying it. I own another Safe Step Walk-in Tub and I’ve had it for years.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I looked up online to see Safe Step tubs then I had a guy come and talk to us and we decided to buy it. The sales rep was very patient and accommodating. He was happy to answer questions. It was late in the day and he stayed for a long time and talked to us. My husband is a talker and he likes to talk to people and still the rep tolerated that so he was a nice person. The installers were nice guys too. They showed us how to use the tub and the installation went fine. Overall, I had a good experience with Safe Step.

Original review: May 4, 2018

When we inquired with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs, I told the person we talked to on the phone that we weren’t interested because we wouldn't be able to afford it. But I said during the conversation that if they want to send their rep out, we will talk about it, but I also said that we won't probably be going anywhere. The rep got here and we talked a little bit and then when he was about to leave, he said about showing us the tub's features. So I told him to show us and I was impressed with the tub, the features and what it might mean to us personally. While the price was four times more than what I was expecting to pay, but we went ahead and bought it anyway.

However, when I bought the tub, the salesperson said we were getting the new one and it included a headrest. But when we got the tub, we did not get a headrest and we had to have it come in. Furthermore, the headrest I received has a bracket with five little cups on it. And it’s about four inches wide and the ledge on the tub is more than an inch and a quarter wide so it doesn’t work. Also, the pictures I see of the new tub which I thought we were getting was the 2018 version. In the pictures, the headrest is mounted on some chrome tubes and the ledge is quite wide.

Apparently, we didn’t get the tub that I was told we were going to get and I'm wondering why we didn’t get it. Other than that, the tub uses an awful lot of water. And our water heater wasn't able to fill the tub completely with hot water. It's 40 gallons and if we want more hot water, we’re going to have to put in a bigger storage tank. Overall, while we'd recommended Safe Step Walk-in Tubs to our friends, it’s way, way overpriced. I had to think many different times about spending that amount of money.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My husband is 70 and a disabled veteran so he had a hard time getting in and out of the tub for bathing. Safe Step had a lot of good discounts for AARP and disabled veterans and so the price seemed very good. The rep came to the house, sat down and talked with us. We had a positive feeling about him. He went over it thoroughly with us so we took his advice.

Also, the installation team was very good. They were scheduled to come and they came half an hour early. When they were done, they cleaned up awesome. I like the vibration and the jets on the tub. It has made it easier for my husband to get in and out and I also like the convenience of being able to just walk in because I'm 65. It made it easier for me to bathe my husband as well. All in all, we’ve had a very good experience with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. Everything went fine and we’re enjoying it.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The Safe Step sales rep wasn’t pushy and the installation team was very good. They installed the tub the same day they came. Everybody answered the questions that I had and explained things to me. And when they had to change something, they came and asked me first before doing it and how I wanted it, and I enjoyed that. I chose Safe Step because of the better features of the unit and my favorite features are the microbubble, the heated seat, the shower options, and that it’s easy enough to get in and out. Also, I feel more relaxed. It was a very good experience with Safe Step.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Safe Step is the best and my experience with them has been all good. The representatives that I worked with were perfect. They were hard workers and they got the job done. The installation also went well and they completed the job in about seven hours. I like getting in the tub. But when the rep sold me the tub, he never measured me. I merely can close the door and I sit down in there. When I sit down, I can hardly get the doors open and it’s a little tight. They should add a little more room. The doors hit the knees, but I'm all right. But if I was a bigger man, I'd be in trouble. Other than that, the tub is good and I feel better when I'm clean.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I called several companies and it was Safe Step Walk-in Tubs that got back to us really fast. They answered all the questions that I had at the time. My husband was the one who really needed the tub and I shared all the information that I had gathered from the three companies that we were looking at and we chose Safe Step. I have used the tub several times but I have a minor problem. The space where they put the bathtub was six to eight inches short so they built this little thing so that it can fit in. It looks really nice but we have the shower feature where you could put the hose up and the hose does not go over that. The shower water more or less comes down on it and the faucets don’t go into the tub. That aside, I like the bubbles feature the most and I would definitely recommend Safe Step.

Original review: May 2, 2018

We checked out Safe Step Walk-In Tubs about a few years ago. We came back to it and that was the brand we decided to go with. Their sales rep was very good. He was very informative and helpful. The installers did a good job. They were friendly and personable. Since getting the tub, my husband used it more than I have. He likes the massaging feature for his arthritis. I like the jets too and the bubbles that come out for the skin. We feel really good when we go through it. We usually do it in the evenings so it helps us to sleep during the night. It's refreshing.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The Safe Step Walk-in Tubs sales rep was very nice. I told him that I didn't want a tub and I wanted a shower so he made arrangements for me to get a shower. He was very knowledgeable. The installers were very quiet. They came in, did their work, cleaned up and then left. They came back the next day to finish up and that was it. They did a good job. I like the chair that's in the shower. And the hands, it sprays the shower water when you hold it in your hand. I like that feature because after I shower and soap up, I'm able to get all excess soap off my body easily. It's faster because I'm not hopping in and out of a tub to try to shower which was what I was doing before. It's just a more pleasant experience.

Original review: May 1, 2018

The Safe Step rep was very informative, and I liked the quality of the tub's materials and the lifetime warranty. The installation went very well too. It was a husband and wife team that came in and they did a very professional job. They cleaned the bath themselves, took their time and it was done in a day. The tub is for my mother and they took time to train her and show her how to operate it. She likes the jets and the heated seat on it. Her legs feel a lot better and the small bubbles exfoliate her skin. I’m very pleased.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Safe Step's reps explained everything in detail, how it works, as well as how it helps and benefits me and my wife. Then the installers were great and finished in a day. My wife uses the tub most of the time. It's perfect for her bad knees. She'd soak in it, which has helped out a lot. Everything has been good so far.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We did some shopping and Safe Step seemed to be the best. We had the tub installed on the second floor of our home so the team had to get the tub up a flight of stairs. There was a bit of damage done to the stairs railing but we expected that. With the Safe Step walk-in tub, I like being able to take a bath again. I had a really bad fear of falling in our old tub. I had taken a couple falls and I didn’t wanna do that again. I like the safety of the Safe Step tub, as well as the water jets. My wife likes the tub as well. Although the tub's too expensive, the feeling of relaxation has made a difference.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We went up to our neighbors who had the house with the same footprint as ours and they happened to have a Safe Step tub and ours was going to go exactly like theirs. I asked my neighbor if she would do it again and she said yes. The Safe Step rep, Bill, came and then we called them back and said, “Yes, we wanted the tub,” but he got sick. We had a little bit of a delay there but everything went okay. The installation took all day. They also did a nice shelf around the backside by the window. It seems very nice. I’ve cleaned the tub out and my husband had used it.

The tub helps my husband’s pains and his skin. He also likes the microjet things, those little air bubbles in the water. However, on the commercials, the tub looks like it comes up way up high on people but he says he got to slide down to get it up over up to his neck. Also, my husband called Safe Step about a week ago and they said they would call us and let us know if our friends had gotten their money. Supposedly, they were to get $500. We don’t want to call our friends and ask them if they got their money because they wanted to give it to us. And we didn’t want them to give it back to us. Other than that, we would recommend Safe Step to friends.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I've had the Safe Step tub for approximately two months. Their sales reps were great and they told the features exactly as it was. I went with their tub because of all its features and it has a low step-in so you didn’t have to raise your legs high to get into it. The installation went great and the installation people had done it fast and good. Everything went smooth. The tub is great and it works well. My favorite feature is the spraying of the water. It’s soothing to the feet and legs for I’ve got diabetes and neuropathy in the feet. I’d tell friends they need one and it’s better than a conventional tub.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I've looked at the pictures of all of walk-in bathtubs, and the tubs were nice and easy to get in with Safe Step. Their sales rep knew what he was talking about and the installation went fine and dandy. Our experience was all right, but it's just that the bathtub is not quite wide enough.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The Safe Step Walk-in Tubs policy was good and their sales rep was fantastic as he explained to me what to expect. Everything went smoothly. Their installation team was great too. They did what they had to do and they even put in a new toilet that I had purchased. They switched out the old one because they had to move it anyway. I like the aromatherapy and chromotherapy in the tub. I have arthritis and the jets on my legs are therapeutic for me. I now have a little more mobility and I don’t hurt as much.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Safe Step promised me good results and a good discount price. I'm 86 so I have to take every dandy bit I could and so I chose them. The sales rep did his job and presented a good program to me. The installation team was very good and very effective and they were very good on the time. But they gave me a portable little control and it’s not working. Other than that, I’m very happy with it.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We had been talking about getting tubs for a while. I did some research and Safe Step seemed to have a very good reputation. We worked with a very knowledgeable sales rep, who was honest and had a sincere desire to help others. Things went fantastic with the installation too. The team knew exactly what they were doing. They were polite and they cleaned up after themselves. Since using the tub, it has helped with my arthritis. I feel very good in it and I really like the micro bubbles jets. Our Safe Step experience has been great and I've been very satisfied.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We've had our Safe Step tub for about two months and I'm happy with it. It looks nice right into my bathroom. My problem is my hot water tank only fills it up to where you sit and I’ve been waiting for the plumber to get around and put that other thing in to heat it up more. I’m having a hard time and they’re pretty busy right now, but I wish I could hurry up because it’s some kind of a deal that’s supposed to heat the water up, keep it and fill it up to the top. Both my husband and I need the therapy. My husband’s got dementia and he’s hurting a lot. It would help him a lot if he could get in there and have those jets working on him.

My husband said we shouldn't have gotten the tub, but I’m glad we did. Safe Step's reps were good too. My husband was given a veteran’s discount. We have a $900 off on a hot water tank and it would cost at least $1,200 to get that other thing in there. The guys who put the tub were efficient and did a really good job as well. I’ve shown my tub to a few people and they were also impressed with it.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive