4.3/5 (217 ratings)

About Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote after an in-home consultation. The quote includes the product and installation costs.

Pros

• Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available

Cons

• Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Bottom Line

Safe Step offers walk-in tubs and tub/shower hybrids with a variety of safety and comfort features, including hydro-jets and anti-scald technology. Each tub comes with a lifetime warranty.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

The sales rep was good and the installation team was great. But I was supposed to get $500 for putting my brother-in-law. He got a tub. Also, my sister was supposed to get $500 too, but she didn't get anything. She got one first and then I got one.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

They were very quick and efficient efficient. They did put in the tub pretty good and it's working good. My favorite feature so far is the movable showerhead and my wife puts on the water bubbling through there so that she has both jets and bubbles making her feel comfortable. But she and my daughter have at least once forgotten to empty the water before opening it up. We got flooded but I showed them what to do.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

The rep was real detailed in explaining things and the installers did a good job. They did it in one day and they were in and out. The tub is easy to get in and out of and a lot handier than the old one.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I love the bathtub. The tub itself is fantastic. But the installers did a terrible job. They did such a bad job that a second person had to come and clean up their mess, but he didn't do a very good job either. When he left, the rain shower doesn't even turn on now and the shower bar that holds it up to the wall is loose. He left caulk. He didn't clean up the caulk as he should've. That was what I was expecting him to take care of. I've already spoken to their customer service people and they're ready to come back and repair everything and get it right. I wanted to talk to the sales manager and when he did call me back, there was something going on with one of our phones and we kept getting disconnected.

I appreciated everyone with the Safe Step business, except for the installers they sent. They were personable and very kind, and they kept telling me, "You'll be happy. We'll make sure you're happy before we leave." But they did the exact opposite. In fact, they rushed out of here. One was sitting in the car waiting while the other one was quickly going through telling me about the tub and the functions.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

The installers were awesome. The whole thing has been really good. I like the fact that the door swings in and not out. The seat warmer is very nice. The little towel bar on the outside and the little shower nozzle are also nice. So it's really good. I like the tub. It's worth the money.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

The first people that came out and installed the tub said they can only go 48 inches high with the surround of it. But when Tim came out, he said “Oh, we can do different from that.” He used this shiplap on the walls and he did just perfect. The tub is a beautiful product and we're just getting used to it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The installers came and installed the Safe Step tub. I had considered putting a different ceiling in, but I wasn't sure, and it was left unfinished. But the tub was in. Then after that, I had to have surgery and I was laid out for a couple of weeks. Because the bathroom is right off my bedroom, I didn't want anybody coming back. So I called Safe Step as soon as I felt better and said, "Can we get this fixed?" I got passed on and then they said somebody was coming up on Friday. But it went on and on. Sometimes they didn't return my calls. So I told them, "Look, I've given you plenty of time. It's not a big job to finish this up.” But they kept saying, "Well, we’ll be out Friday." I said, "Could you possibly do it before Thanksgiving? I'd like to share this with some of my friends. It's good PR for you.” But none of them called me back.

The product is well-made and they're very friendly. But the thing is with Safe Step, they were cash payment. When the workmen walk out, they want a check for the full amount. I did that and then I thought afterward, that's not right. Sometimes it's good to do that. I'm not against it. But usually, you’ll have an option of invoicing you in 30 days for the balance. If they told me that they were shorthanded and that they got a lot going on before Thanksgiving and they couldn't do it, then it was no big deal. I understand that. I left Safe Step somewhat of an acrimonious voicemail saying, "You know, this isn't right. Just tell me what's going on. You asked me to pay in full, and I still have an unfinished tub.” They said someone will come out on Thursday.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

The rep was very informative and nice. But when the installers put that tub in, they messed up my tile. They chopped up three bucketloads of my tile. If I had known that, I could have got my tile man over here and he'd have got every bit of it and I could've saved it. When I got down there to the bedroom, they had already chopped it up and put it in the buckets and thrown it out. I also had an issue with the door. So I called the rep and told him about it last night. He said he would see what he could do. It's gonna cost me something to get my doorframe fixed. Whoever drove those nails in that doorframe didn't know how to drive a nail. It went all the way through the wood. But the installers were nice and polite. They had to come back a second time because it wouldn't drain. So the other guy came and got it straightened out.

It's nice to get in the tub, but it takes so long for it to go out and I have to sit there shivering and turn the heater on overhead. Also, Safe Step needs another pull bar in there. When you stand up in the thing and try to get out of that tub, you got nothing but one little hand bar up there on the front and you got to hold the pipe the hand sprayer comes out of. I have a very hard time. I have to stand up in it and hold on to that bar on the right and one on the left, and then I got no arm to get out with.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Everything went smooth with the installation. Two people came out, and they got there around 8:30 and they were gone between 3:30 and 4:00. They did an excellent job. My dad said he liked the tub. He likes the jet where they massage his feet and his back. The tub is pretty safe. He could get in and out of it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The sales rep was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. He was good. The installers did a great job. I've only used the tub once and I liked it. The only thing is it takes a little while to fill up. But my mother doesn't have a problem with that because once the water gets up to her feet where she's able to turn on the jets, she washes her feet or scrubs them, and she's using the jet. The bench has a warmer in it. My mother loves the tub.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The rep and the installers were very good. I love the tub. My favorite part is the hot water and that it covers all my legs.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

The installers were excellent. I love them. I couldn’t ask for a better group. I love the tub. My favorite feature is the back massage because I had back surgery and my back is stiff and I have stiff muscle and arthritis. Plus I had bilateral knee surgery and it's good for that. I've enjoyed everything about the tub so far.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I got a walk-in tub to help my mom. Safe Step's reps were great and the installation of the tub was quick and easy. We've had it for two months and everything is good.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The installation of our walk-in tub was okay. The installers had to take out another tub and put it in. I need to get some other work done around the tub. But it was good. I like that you walk into the tub. I also like filling the tub up in the water, the Bluetooth, and the air and the massage features. So far, so good. I enjoy using the tub.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I needed to get a walk-in tub because my dad is disabled and needed to live with me. He's 91 and I am 68. We chose to get a Safe Step tub. The installers put it in and they left. Working with Safe Step was excellent and I very much like the product. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Our sales rep was very professional. He came in and answered all our questions. He showed us exactly where everything would be. The installation was pretty quick. The crew didn't have all their parts the first day they came out. But on the second day, they had everything and they were in and out within a few hours. So far, no problem. The quality has been everything the salesman said it would be.

I like that you can just walk in and out of the tub without a problem. I have three handicap bars and I have where you put the soap. I can move the showerhead and adjust it for my wife, who uses the chair, and for me as I stand up. This walk-in tub has impacted my life a whole lot. It's much easier for my wife. I don't have to really sit there and watch her to make sure she can get in and out without falling. She just slides right in and out and sits right on the commode or comes to sit in the chair and dry off.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The rep explained everything and showed different materials. It was a pleasant experience. Tim and the man he had with him did a wonderful job with the installation. They were done in one day and they cleaned up. So it was a great experience as well. I love the tub. It has all the new features. I love the upgraded features. The tub is a wonderful product and I would highly recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

The installers did a great job. They were very professional and everything went so smooth and they cleaned up after themself. I'm enjoying the tub so much.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

My first contact with Safe Step came over and I showed him what I wanted. And he jerked. I was taken aback by his quick response. He said he thought I wanted a walk-in tub. I said I wanted a floor-level tub and that he could leave. He said no and asked to show me what they have. So, he showed me the floor-level walk-in arrangement but not really a tub.

The installation was good and the guys were very efficient. The shower curtain was hung higher than I expected though. I have a 7-inch open spot from the bottom of the shower curtain to the floor so I'm trying to get some little things that will shield the water from going out of the tub. Their shower curtain rod is fixed in and I can't move it around. Also, my water pressure isn't high and that's unusual because the water pressure in every other outlet is good. I don't know if that's them or I just need more water pressure or what to do. But I’m glad the installation is over. Safe Step was okay and I got my money's worth.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Everyone was professional and did a very nice job. We've had a couple of minor problems with the Safe Step tub and they sent out a repairman. We're waiting for a new nozzle for one of the jets and hopefully, that will solve the problem. Other than that, we love the walk-in tub.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

My wife has used the Safe Step walk-in tub and been quite impressed with it. We've had to have maintenance people back here about three times because from the factory, it had some problems. But other than that, it seems to be okay now. We've been happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Safe Step was easy to work with as far as setting up appointments. The reps showed up on time and was here around the amount of time they thought they would be. So, it was an okay experience. I love the walk-in tub. But somebody's coming out today because they've already got to fix something on it. There are hinges that are inside the door and there are plastic plates that cover those hinges. One of them has already come off and another one’s getting ready to come off. So, they've got to re-glue it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Noah, the sales rep, was great. He was very informative and polite. He went step by step with us and told us to call this number if we need anything. We could contact him if we couldn't get anybody. He was all around a great guy. But we had to postpone the appointment with Safe Step. The reps were afraid of some structural damage and we had to wait for contractors to come in and check it out. All we need to do is brace it so I had to reset the appointment for the 21st of November for the installers to put in the walk-in tub.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Safe Step was by far the better tub of the best three choices that I could find. And I had them come to the house. So, I talked to Safe Step a little bit and they were the highest one. I got them down to where I wanted, so we went with it. The installation crew was great. The two guys tore the old shower out, put the tub up and they cleaned it. They did everything. They kept asking me, “Is there anything else that you know of we can do?” I suggested a couple of things, and they did it for me. They really did great.

We love the walk-in tub. Back when I first got the tub, I weighed 360 and I was scared that I couldn't get in. They brought it to the porch. They set it down. They unpacked it and made me get in it outside the house before they even bring it in the house. They even said that if I didn't like the way it fit me and I couldn't get in it good enough, they’d pack it back up and wouldn't cost me a penny. I could get in it and it took probably two hours for them to do all of that. They brought it on in and started installing it. I would recommend the product highly. It's got that microbubble that puts the microbubbles into the water. That thing is great. I’ve got really bad dry skin, and those micro air bubbles get in and break that dry skin off. It's really great.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

The sales rep from Safe Step was very good. He was friendly and professional. My only issue was the salesman said that the job would take one day, and that was absolutely false. It took two and a half days because of the plumbing. They had to take out the old shower and I didn't have a problem with that. I only had a problem with the fact that he said it would be one day. I would have felt better if he had said, "We usually try to get it done in one day, but sometimes we can't." What I had to do was rearrange my schedule and that annoyed me because it was last minute. If I had an idea, then I could have planned ahead of time, and then I would have been okay.

The two gentlemen that came to the house to take care of it were absolutely wonderful. I have nothing negative to say about them. They explained the entire process to me. They explained what was going to go on, what was going to be done, and what needed to be done. If they ran into a snag, they told me and said, "This is what's going on. We have to do this." The first snag that we encountered was that the tub that they brought me was too small. They had to call in and order a larger tub. So, that took almost three-quarters of the day.

I like the tub. There is one feature that has to do with the jets that I haven't learned how to use yet. When I turn on the jet, it splashes everywhere. The jets come out from the back and the sides and it always winds up making more of a mess. That's not a big deal though. The other features are really good. I'm still trying to adjust the handle because it always feels like when I'm gonna close it and put a lot of pressure on it, I keep thinking I'm gonna snap it, but I was able to call them and they told me I'm not going to snap it. I just have to pull it in.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

The installers were super good and everything has been satisfactory to this point. My wife especially likes the Safe Step walk-in tub. She has got the onset of Alzheimer and because of that, she enjoys the lights and that it can play music. It seems therapeutic to my wife, which was the main reason for buying it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I enjoy the Safe Step walk-in tub and I like the water jets. The salesman was kind and patient, and the installation was outstanding. The reps were very professional. They didn’t leave a mess and took everything away.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

The Safe Step walk-in tub is great and it does everything I want it to do. My favorite is the heated seat especially now that the weather is getting cold. And I like that it is made here in the USA in Tennessee. People who are looking for a tub should definitely take a very hard look at Safe Step.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Working with Safe Step was wonderful. I love the guy that came out and showed the product to us, and he's one reason we decided to do it. He really presented it well. The people that put it in were wonderful too.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Randy, the salesperson, was very thorough. When he did the demonstration and explained everything, he said it would take about three weeks before someone would call us. And the reps came out within that time. I got a phone call and they let me know when they were coming out. So, everything ran smoothly. I didn't have to call anybody. Bowen and Shane, the installers, did an excellent job. They were very professional and knew what they were doing. So, we didn't have any issues. From start to finish, the installation took about six and a half hours. I'm hoping and I'm quite sure that everything would go great. They filled the walk-in tub with water and ran the jets, and everything went well. I got the walk-in tub for my back and for the jets but mostly, I got it for my parents because they are elderly. So when they come down, they'll be able to take their bath without any issues falling.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information