Safe Step Walk-In Tub

4.2(2,796)

About Safe Step Walk-In Tub

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a limited lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The tub company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote outlining the product and installation costs after an in-home consultation. Safe Step also services Canada.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Limited lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available
    Cons
    • Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Stars Rating

• 63%
    • 16%
    • 10%
    • 2%
    • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2022

I enjoy the Safe Step walk-in tub and I like the water jets. The salesman was kind and patient, and the installation was outstanding. The reps were very professional. They didn’t leave a mess and took everything away.

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2022

The Safe Step walk-in tub is great and it does everything I want it to do. My favorite is the heated seat especially now that the weather is getting cold. And I like that it is made here in the USA in Tennessee. People who are looking for a tub should definitely take a very hard look at Safe Step.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2022

Working with Safe Step was wonderful. I love the guy that came out and showed the product to us, and he's one reason we decided to do it. He really presented it well. The people that put it in were wonderful too.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2022

I like Safe Step. I did a little bit of research, and I wanted the company that was made here in Tennessee. So, that was even a better plus because my mother and father are both from the state of Tennessee. The sales rep who came by was good and thorough. I asked a ton of questions and I even have a picture of me in my tub out in the street because the reps brought it and asked me to sit in it to make sure that it was gonna be okay. It was a little too narrow and the rep sent it back and Safe Step built another one that was a little bit wider. So, everything was good.

I was telling a friend of mine about my experience when I got stuck in the bathtub. I got in the bathtub and I couldn't get out and when I couldn't sit myself over to get out of the bathtub, I said that I will never get down in this bathtub again. And I bought a Safe Step Walk-in Tub after that. Because I was not going to get stuck in the tub and have to call 911 and have them come and get me out of the bathtub. I've told all of my friends to get the walk-in tub now instead of later because even if you end up having home help or long-term health care, and somebody has to come and bathe you, it is easier to be bathed in a walk-in tub than it is in the traditional tub.

Everything went well with the installation team. But I tell everyone that the price that you see on there is just a starting price. You never know whether you're going to need a bigger hot water tank or whether you need your pipes redone, which I had to because they were rusting from the inside. I have two daughters and I love them immensely. But I didn't work all of these years to save money and have a good retirement and investment fund to save it and leave it for them. So, I am using the money that I worked for to make life good for me. I retired already but I'm doing everything to stay in my home.

Quality of life is very big for me. I finally met the man of my life and we loved one another for almost 25 years. After he died and I was in that tub and I couldn't get out, I had a panic attack and hyperventilated, and I thought of how I could get out of this tub. Something told me that one extra day is not promised to us and it's okay to spend our money on ourselves to make sure that we live a good life in our later years. I'm only 66 years old but I want to get to that point like my mother who is 92 years old. She still stands up and takes a shower. She gets in that bathtub. I offered her a walk-in tub, but she told me no. If she ever tells me she wants one, I'm gonna drop the money and get her one.

I've had the walk-in tub for a while and I just added the shower package to it. I just had that little handheld thing and it was just something to rinse off after I've washed up. So I called Safe Step and the guy said that they already got my measurements and could send the shower package out. So, we had someone come and add the shower package to my walk-in tub and I love it, and it's great. Even though I'm just your average person living in the average type house, in the average neighborhood, I got a spa back there. I got blue lights, aromatherapy, the bubbles, the lights inside that change colors and I even put an extra light in my bathroom. I told people I can just get in the walk-in tub and get out in five minutes.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupFeatures

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2022

Randy, the salesperson, was very thorough. When he did the demonstration and explained everything, he said it would take about three weeks before someone would call us. And the reps came out within that time. I got a phone call and they let me know when they were coming out. So, everything ran smoothly. I didn't have to call anybody. Bowen and Shane, the installers, did an excellent job. They were very professional and knew what they were doing. So, we didn't have any issues. From start to finish, the installation took about six and a half hours. I'm hoping and I'm quite sure that everything would go great. They filled the walk-in tub with water and ran the jets, and everything went well. I got the walk-in tub for my back and for the jets but mostly, I got it for my parents because they are elderly. So when they come down, they'll be able to take their bath without any issues falling.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2022

I liked the person from Safe Step who came to speak to me and I liked what the walk-in tub looked like, although it has features I didn't care about. The installers were hard-working and quick. They had the floors cleaned and they tried to be very careful when I told them I have a front door screen that's heavy and slams loudly. The tub looks good but I was a little surprised at how long it takes to get more than ankle-deep and the water doesn't seem to get warm enough. Other than those, I love the showers - the stand-up one and the handheld one - and I’m very appreciative of the seat because I have some disability with standing for any length of time.

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2022

I wanted a company that I could depend on and who would come and fix it because it's guaranteed for my lifetime. It was reassuring that Safe Step would send somebody to a place where they were having a problem. The installers worked hard but they weren't very friendly. They had taken the door off to the bathroom and one guy stopped what he was doing because I was watching him. He put the door back in and he shut it. Also, there's a trapdoor that you can get to and that came open. He didn't tell me it was open and all the dust got into my closet. He could have told me that, that door came open and all this dust and dirt is getting in your closet or something, but he didn't. And there was a little key that I wanted and it was sitting on the windowsill and it was gone. I questioned him about it and he gave me one. He said the keys are all the same but that little key was smaller than the one he gave me.

He showed me how the tub worked and he filled it up with water. Then when he showed me how he did it and it took a long time for it to finally drain. He told me I need a breather in there. The new houses have it and mine doesn't have one. He took me downstairs and showed me where I could buy one and get one put in. But there are no plumbers around here. The guy that sold me the tub should have known that because that's their business and they should have offered that to me and put it in. He was great but he should have told me that. I haven't used the tub and I don't know when I'll get around because I don't know people here.

Customer ServicePriceFeaturesFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2022

When the sales rep came out, he looked at the space and explained the product to us completely. He spent a lot of time going over all the features and benefits. We spent as much time as we needed and he answered any questions we had. He just went over everything. He was really informative. By the time we got to the part of making a decision, the decision was pretty much already made. The Safe Step tub is everything we were looking for at a really good price.

The installers said they would be out here by 8 or 9 o'clock and they were there about 8 or 9 o'clock. They introduced themselves, took care of everything, and left the places cleaned up. They had to come back because we had to do a short wall for the shower part of it. When they were done, they went over everything with us and made sure we understood how the features worked. One guy gave me his phone number and said if I had any questions whatsoever, I can call him and he would gladly walk me through it. The tub takes a little while to fill up but the drain time is beautiful. It drains quick. All the other features work great. My wife said that the first time she used it, she got out and then her muscles felt relaxed. It's gonna do well for her. We're telling everybody they need to get one.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2022

The salesman who came out was a great salesman and I liked him. Also, the installation was a great experience. Everything worked out just fine.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2022

What I was looking for was a transfer from a tub to just a walk-in shower. But when Safe Step came over, they explained all the shower stuff. The install was three quarters of a day. And they were very pleasant. It seemed very good. Those jets are wonderful. I have chronic back pain, and it's wonderful. It relaxes me a lot. It's a great place to have a cup of coffee at on an afternoon. I already told my sister that they should get one if they could.

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2022

The Safe Step sales rep was a really nice guy. He was very helpful. The install guys were really nice, too. It was a little bit of a difference between like when we were sold it. We didn't realize things we were going to have to do to the bathroom. I kind of had the feeling that it was going to fit into the space where we had the other Jacuzzi tub and now, we've got some tiles and boards that we have to replace on the floor because the other thing was bigger.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2022

The sales rep was really good. The delivery guys were really, really good as well. The gentleman asked me where I wanted the handles at and he put them right where I wanted them. But it'd be nice if I had a handle by the chair. I like the seat that they put in the plan. It was really nice.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2022

The Safe Step salesman had an appointment with me at 0900 and was here promptly and left 45 minutes later promising to return with a quote for my walk-in tub. He never came back. I called the company multiple times over the course of the next two week and never did get a quote. I was told that I was "bothering" and "being dis-respectful" the corporate offices. I have since found a contractor that is doing the work I want done but will avoid Safe Step in the future.

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2022

My mother thought that Safe Step would be a better way to feel safer in the tub and not standing in the shower. She's afraid of falling down. The installation didn't take very long at all. Everybody was friendly and it was great. Everything's nice aside from sometimes, I hold it down too long on the remote control. When the blue light flashes in the middle, I don't know what that means other than it can't recognize anything I've done for the last two minutes.

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2022

When I found out Safe Step could serve as a tub or a shower, that was appealing to me. I was very pleased with the two young men who installed it for me. One has been back to make some adjustments, so they've been easy to deal with. I felt positive about the install process.

Price

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2022

I liked the price. And the one guy said, “You have to do it now or not.” I don't do business that way. But we still played with it. The rep was knowledgeable of everything. He was concerned with the safety end of it. It has some of those hand holds that you suction cup on the walls. Safe Step should have those in there. They're not safe. We did not get the door. They talked us out of the door, so we got the curtain. There's still a lot of water ending up on the floor outside. I like being able to stand up. The only thing is we didn't have a lot of stuff put in it. Soap, shampoo, and you almost have to open the curtains. We set it outside and that doesn't work well.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2022

I called the number and Safe Step set up an appointment. Had a salesman come out and talk to me. My son came and sat in on the discussion, and the salesman was wonderful. I never saw anybody any more prepared than he was, and gave us the presentation and showed us everything. We put down a deposit. A few weeks later, the guys came and installed my tub. And I was tickled to death. The major one’s name was Frank. He was as personable and as fun to talk to as any installer would be. We had a wonderful experience that day.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

Sometimes, I push the water jet, and I push the air jet and it opened the door. Other times, I can't get it that way. Safe Step advertised a 4-inch step out of the tub. Mine is 7.5-inch step out of the tub. I'm 90 years old and I've got arthritis. 4 inches is not that big of a deal, but I just wonder why. Everything else is okay. I'm very satisfied with it.

Installation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2022

Whoever I spoke to made arrangements for someone to come here and speak to us, and to look at the situation with our bathroom that it needed to go in, and our electrical and water heater. And because my husband is also a military veteran, and he is on disability through the VA, all the things that you have in place for the special things like that, she deducted it from the total cost of the walk-in tub. And she said, “Well, this is how much it will cost you.” My husband put down $8,000. So, there was a balance of 13,000 that needed to be financed. She did it right there. Everything was approved the first time when she came. So, that worked out well. But my husband told me yesterday that he had already paid the tub off.

The rep was very friendly and outgoing. She couldn't tell us enough about the tub because she has one too. And they're like us, all of them love it. She showed us pictures also of customers that she had that have had different health issues with their limbs. And they had great improvement since using the tub with the jets. She was very smart about the tub.

The people that came to install the tub were very knowledgeable and did everything nice. When they came to install the tub, they brought it in and made sure that I would be able to get in and out of it because I only have one leg. They went ahead and installed it, and they were very efficient. It all went very well. The whole family loves it. And being able to get in and out of it, and our little three-year-old grandson likes to sit in the tub and get a shower, and push the buttons for the light. He said it's a spaceship. The deal about his fears about getting his head washed or soap in his eyes, when he found out that he could control the whole situation, it was amazing. And the lights, when you sit on the bench.

I’ve offered for my friends to come and use it here. I have a home health nurse. And when she comes, I tell her she could use the tub any time she wants. And she said she has been trying to talk her husband into getting one of those. I said, “I have the information, if you need it. But you could try it first.” And she said, “I might take you up on that one of these days.” I would love for everybody to know and to have a chance to be able to afford it. Because emotionally and physically, it is a calming, soothing experience. My daughter said, “You turn the bathroom lights on. You turn the tub lights on. And you just sit there and let the jet just gurgle. I don't want to get out of it.” My husband went in there a week ago. And he was in that bathtub for 45 minutes. He likes sitting in there with the jets. He loves it. I'm happy that we got it. I'm 79 and he’s soon to be 85. That was our present. It would be a wonderful housewarming gift for you.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingFeatures

Reviewed Oct. 7, 2022

I like that our Safe Step tub opens up and I can walk in and out of it. The sales rep that sold it to us was Gary and he was very knowledgeable. He was very nice to us and he wasn't pushy. He sat down, took his time and talked to us, and we really liked him. The installers who came in were very nice, too. The installation took all day but it was well worth it. The tub is wonderful. I only fill it so full because I'm afraid of falling but it really works good. I wash my hair quite a bit in it and I really like it. Also, I was in terrible pain before we got it and I've noticed a big difference.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

The Safe Step sales rep and installers were great. However, the seats are very uncomfortable for my wife because of her hip. But I know that I can always get one of those waterproof pillows and she can sit on it.

Installation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2022

The rep was very forthcoming and personable. He knew exactly what he was talking about. The installation went very well. The techs did it in one day. I use the tub three times a week and though it's a little pricey, I really enjoy it. My wife enjoys it too especially the jet part around her leg.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2022

I like that Safe Step is American-made and since it's American-made, you can get replacement parts easily. The rep was very nice and positive. I didn’t feel like I was wasting my time. The installers were also nice and prompt. They cleaned up everything. I really enjoy the tub. I like how it's immediately hot water. It has been a godsend as far as I have a bad knee and bad feet. It's a lot of money. I had to dip into my savings, but I felt like I needed it and it was worth it.

Price

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2022

The Safe Step reps were quite professional and cordial. They explained things to me. The only thing was they had the hot and the cold water switched. But I like the idea of not having to put a rubber mat down. I have the chair. They put in a horizontal bar for me close to the chair and then another horizontal bar as you step out. He had put another attachment so that I could put the sprayer head down there right on the chair. So I didn't have to stand up or turn it off when I was sitting in the chair. I'm quite pleased. However, I would like to have another shower caddy. I would recommend Safe Step. The price would be objectionable to a lot of people. But it was worth it to get somebody in here that knew what they were doing.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2022

The installation went really well. Really nice guys put the tub in. We like the tub but there's a little button on the back of it when you sit down on the right hand side and I don't know what that's for. Also, I don't know what to do with the aromatherapy stuff. Other than that, everybody who we've talked to is really nice. The tub looks really nice and we're satisfied with it.

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2022

The rep was a very nice man. There was no pressure. The installation crew members were honest people. If there was a little glitch, they explained what they'd have to do and they asked permission. They did very well. They were very thorough and when they completed the installation, they explained the tub thoroughly and left me instructions. They were very caring and it was a very personal experience. The tub is comfortable.

Customer ServiceWarranty

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2022

The sales rep was very pleasant and the installer was extremely nice. He did an extremely good job. But I'm having problems now 'cause the air quit and I've been trying since September 8th to get a service call and I can't get anybody to do it. I keep calling the service department and they keep telling me they will get ahold of the man to get a hold of me to schedule an appointment. It hasn't happened and I've called five different times. We can still use the tub and everything works except the air jets. But I'm in this thing for $22,000 and I have a lifetime warranty yet I can't get service. I'm not very happy about that.

I had the tub put in because my wife has dementia and with the regular tub, I could not take care of her like I should because I couldn't get her back out right. This has helped me tremendously and I'm super pleased with it.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2022

The representative was excellent and the people who installed the tub were very good. But the tub uses a lot of water to get the full use out of it. Also, it was awfully expensive. We also had a problem finding an outlet for the aromatherapy but once we did, that was okay. The tub is easy to get into.

PriceFeatures

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2022

The Safe Step reps were very nice. However, there's not much room to sit on. If it was just a little bit wider there, not from hip to hip but from backbone to knee, it wouldn't affect getting in and out of the tub, but it certainly would make you feel safer. It is also extremely costly, but it is of good quality. I like the different jets on it. It's a longer tub than what I had. So, it's tough for me to get up on my feet. I've been in a wheelchair for 11 years now and it's really hard for me to stand up. You have to do that to reach anything behind the faucets because they're quite a distance. So, if that seat was deeper, it would be easier.

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2022

For somebody who could move around a bit and help themselves to get in and out, the Safe Step would be a very nice thing. But it's a hassle really with somebody who's almost completely unstable. My wife is not able to get around much. It's difficult getting her in and out. We also seem to be having some trouble with the drain on the thing. It doesn't work properly.

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2022

I couldn't have asked for a better rep. Also, the installers were great. I really like the tub. My brother got one 10 years ago and this is so much better than what he got. His is not anywhere near the quality of this one. I recommend the Safe Step to anybody.

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2022

I was not happy with the installation. They got the seat going the wrong way the first time. They said I ordered that, which was ridiculous. The way they had come in, I'd be facing a wall. It made no sense. The wall that they put up was very rough. I had to have somebody else come in and redo some of it. The quality of the tub is good, except they broke something downstairs in the plumbing. But it looks nice. My husband is pleased with it. I recently went in and it was nice. I thought that the water would come up higher on me. But it only goes to not even my waist.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2022

The rep came out and showed a little movie. Then the installers came out and put the tub in. But the installation didn't go well. When the tub was in, my husband was gonna take a bath. But the thermostat was put in wrong and it was opposite of what it should have been. If he thought he was having cold water, he had hot water. Then they came and turned that. They had to change the hose because the hot and the cold was opposite of what they should have been. It seems to be okay now.

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2022

The tub leaked and my floor is ruined. They were here today and moved it so we could tear all the flooring out and replace it. The walls are black. The drywall and wood are molded. We got the tub July the 5th and we have never used it yet. First time my wife tried to use it, the water ran out the door. So, they had to come back and replace the door. At the same time, they found the leak and turned it off, but it already ran for a month. I talked to them Monday and they showed up today and took the tub out. We pulled a part of the floor up. It's completely soaked. It's got to be all completely replaced and the walls are gonna have to be replaced. I got a contractor coming tomorrow to see what the damage is gonna cost to fix the floor and walls. It happens, they're getting it taken care of and that's the main thing.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2022

They came in and showed us the product and what it would look like. The tub is very good. I like the heat and the bubblers. It's good for me because I just had surgery on my feet.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2022

The man that did the installation was very knowledgeable and I was happy. It was an excellent job.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupBilling

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2022

Mike was a smooth talker. The worst part was that they brought the wrong tub. So they took it back and we had to wait two weeks for the correct tub to arrive. They installed the correct tub but we had to wait five weeks for our receipt of payment. Now it's six weeks and we're still waiting for an amendment of our contract. Since they delivered the wrong tub the first time, we need an amendment of our contract when they delivered the correct tub. We have called many times to ask for an amendment of our contract. Not only that, but we're still waiting for it to be inspected. We don't know who's supposed to inspect it. They make promises but they don't fulfill them.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupFeaturesFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2022

When the salesman from Safe Step came, he told us that the people coming to do this installation would be certified plumbers and electricians, which was a lie. Neither of them was certified in anything. I asked them when they got here and they just do installation work. But the fellas were nice enough. I did have one issue with the way they did the work. They had to run an electric line across the outside of my home to run current in for this unit. I asked them if they were going to put that in a PCV conduit and the guy said they didn't work with conduit. The best they could do would just run the PCV line on the outside of the house.

There are PCVs that are designed so that they can be exposed on the outside but the code says they're supposed to be in conduit. This unit that's installed here is actually contrary to the electrical code. If some inspector comes by and looks at that, he would order that this whole be taken out and it would be up to me to pay to put it back in. That leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. Other than that, they had the work done in the day like they said they would.

But the salesman also told me about how roomy this was and how easy it would be to move around it but the space is so small. They say you can take a shower in there but I don't know how you do it unless you're a contortionist. There's no place to move. I've almost fallen in it twice. And the door is so small, I can't get through it. They said that door's advantageous because I can lean on it and so on but I'd rather have a big door where I can walk through it. The other thing is those water jets in there spray every place except where I need them. I had this terrible excruciating pain and I told myself that hydrotherapy should do something for that but the nozzles in that unit don't strike my body where the therapy needs to be applied.

The way they advertise this tub is absolutely fraudulent and I intend to report this to the Better Business Bureau. I tried to call the guy who sold us the unit but he wouldn't return the call. Then, I tried to contact Safe Step and I was put on hold and I never got ahold of anybody. I can't speak to anyone and I really feel like I've been taken advantage of. I was a lot better off having a shower stall installed in my home. It's just a matter of me expending electrical energy, wasting water to fill the tub, and then getting no substantive relief out of it except a bill for $20,000. It's a $20,000 boondoggle and if I knew what I know now, it wouldn't be in my bathroom. If there's anything I can do to discourage anyone else from buying one, I sure as the devil will do that.

FeaturesEase of Use

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2022

I had a Safe Step tub previously. My new SS Tub has so many new features! I love the aromatherapy, the microsystem. It drains so quickly! The shower is flexible and easy to use!. The lighting system is soothing. My neighbors are envious! Looks beautiful in my bathroom!

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2022

Jill came and explained and told me how they work. By the time I was ready to purchase my tub, they had a lot of features added to it, which was comfortable for me to use. The installer was a very friendly person. I did call Safe Step back because they had to pull some of the areas from my tub so that it could get to the plumbing, and it wasn't sealed back properly. They said to take pictures and I took pictures but nobody came back to fix it.

The only thing is that you have to totally relax to take a bath in the tub because it takes a longer time for the water to run out. But away from that, it is very safe for me because I had two hip replacements and two knee replacements. One of my top reason for purchasing this tub is because I used to step over into the regular shower, and I slipped about an inch. It was so scary because I was home, and if I had dropped in it, I wouldn't have anybody to help me out. Another thing is that I can't use a regular bath to get into. So this is nice for me to sit and let the water fill up and just wade myself in it. So it's more comforting for me. The features are good, like the warm seat.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2022

I like the tub. It looks good. I also like the jets.

Maintenance

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2022

There are a couple of things that are problematic, but I can work around them and I'm doing fine with my Safe Step tub. I'm a larger woman midriff. I don't have a lot of room to squeeze myself into a position to be able to open the door to be able to get out. Other than that, everything's fine. The quality is good because it's a great, seamless apparatus and it doesn't creak, leak, and move around. It seems to function great. The thing I like the most is the water whirling around when I'm done washing up. I have a lot of arthritis and the tub seems to help with it.

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2022

The sales rep was able to find the perfect tub for my father and get it to him within a week and a half. They had it in stock over here in Albuquerque. My brother did the installation and the representative went over in detail what to do. The tub is working well.

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2022

The sales rep seemed to be able to answer any questions we had and the installers seemed nice. The caulking could have been a little bit neater, though, but the tub is fine.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2022

We love our tub and the guys who installed it were amazing. But we started noticing that whenever we would drain it, it would leak at the bottom. One of the pieces on the hinges came off as well. I called the number that was on the website and I could never get through to a person. When I left a message, nobody called back. Ryan was the representative that we ordered it from and he gave me a number that he likes to use. That's when I finally got a human being.

The lady I spoke with was super nice. I asked if they could try to schedule somebody to come and check out our tub on a Monday and she assured me I would get a phone call. I never got a phone call. I called that Monday to ask if they were coming out to check on our tub and I got another lady who said she would follow up on it and that they would make sure somebody gets out here. Nobody came. Everybody has been super nice and I understand that those guys that installed have jobs. When they do the install, they're doing that extra and I understand there may be a conflict, but that's something Safe Step has to work on because we are not getting called back. It's a great tub but right now, I'm not happy.

Customer ServiceFeatures

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2022

The installers did a wonderful job. They had to cut a big hole in my father's bedroom to get it into the bathroom, but they put a panel up so there's easy access to everything in it. It looks pretty good. The only thing was there was a shelf at the wall that I couldn't move. I told them, “Well, you guys would have to move that,” and they didn't. They didn't caulk the wall that they put up next to the wall that's in the trailer. They did leave a can of caulk, and I didn't ask them to. It took me several days before I found that, and I called him and that's when he told me that. But I'm disabled and my mother's disabled too, so we can't do it either. So it's like an unfinished job. But he said that I could take some cleaner and get the pencil marks off the wall.

The installers were very nice and polite. They explained what was insured and wasn't warrantied. They showed me how the things worked, filled it up, drained it, and cleaned it, and took pictures. My mother has been able to use it once. It's hard to get her in there. But once she got over being claustrophobic, it went pretty good. The quality seems to be pretty good. We use the micro and the air bubbles in the water and it seemed to work pretty good the one time we used it, and it drained well. It purges itself like 30 minutes after you use it.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2022

I love Safe Step. I like standing there with the water just running all over my head, all the way down my body. I got a girlfriend down in South Carolina who's interested in getting one.

Reviewed July 29, 2022

The Safe Step tub is great. It is 10 times better than the American Standard. The installer was a little wacky, but in the end, he did a good job. I give him an A plus E for effort.

FeaturesMaintenance

Reviewed July 28, 2022

We like that Safe Step Tubs have a lower door and not hard to get in. Everybody we talked with had been 100% upfront to us on the tub, including the manager that came and fixed the door when it started leaking. A latch was loose on the door and we didn’t know it. He adjusted it and we've had no trouble with it since.

Reviewed July 27, 2022

The sales rep was good and the installers were nice. You can't be in a hurry to get in and out of the tub. It's gotta fill up then it's gotta drain.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 26, 2022

The sales representative was awesome. However, we only got to use the tub once because it leaked so bad. The first time I called Safe Step, they said it was our fault. But the second time, they're gonna come out and look at it. I have a lifetime warranty so they should not hesitate when I call and have a problem. I hope they’ll fix that Thursday. When it gets fixed, I'm gonna love it.

Reviewed July 25, 2022

The installation went well. I appreciated the people that worked on it. It's a learning process using the tub and while I'm learning, funny things happen. I also have a question and haven't got the answer from the people that need to tell me. They installed a switch in my closet adjacent to the bathroom. I don't know what it's for.

Reviewed July 24, 2022

The installation guys came and put the tub in, and the installation went well. They made sure everything was to my liking. I really like my new Safe Step tub. I enjoy it. I like that I could just walk in it. I like the Jacuzzi part of it where I could just relax my full body. I also like the shower part. It has the option to do a shower.

Reviewed July 23, 2022

The Safe Step rep who came out to the house had a lot of information and pictures and testimonials. He explained it thoroughly and how my husband would benefit from it, and he went over the financing and payment. It went well. There were a couple of issues with the installation. There was a lack of proper communication. It was a complete remodel of the bathroom. So, the lack of information and explanation of how to prepare the bathroom between the company that installed it and my contractor was the issue. The installation was behind for at least a month, but it's done and I'm happy with it.

Reviewed July 22, 2022

My Safe Step tub has helped my legs out. The only thing I don’t like about it is that I have to struggle to get the door closed when I get in there. My legs are still too big to wiggle in between the door and the seat. It’s just gonna take me time to find the right combination. When I do, it’s gonna feel great. The sales rep did a really good job of explaining what it was, how it worked, and how it helped other people with their circulation. The installers did really well, too. They got it done faster than I thought they would. They had access to the bathroom from an outside door. So, it made it easier. Everything went just like clockwork.

Reviewed July 21, 2022

We like our Safe Step tub. The installation was pretty good and the crew was really nice. We like sitting down in the tub and being in that much water. The handheld part where you can wash your hair with it while you're sitting down is really nice. The shower part feels really nice, too. The tub's just a little bit too narrow for me.

Reviewed July 20, 2022

When the sales rep came out, he did a good presentation. I like the grab bars and I love the jets on the tub. I took pictures and showed it to a couple of family members and friends. They were glad I got it. My heart only works about 20% so when standing up in the old shower, my husband had to get in with me and soap me off and shampoo my hair. It wore me out. I thought it would be a lot better if I could sit down. But right now, I can only sit in it for 10 minutes. I'm hoping I'll get more used to it. I wish the seat was padded though.

Reviewed July 19, 2022

Everything went very well with Safe Step. I'm very pleased. The sales rep was great and the installers were awesome. However, I tested it out and the water didn't get hot enough for me.

Reviewed July 12, 2022

I talked to Nick who works for Safe Step, there was an appointment setup for the 13 Jul 2022. My sister had setup the appointment for my mom, but when he called my sister to verify the appointment he was so rude to her, my sister told him maybe his company was not for us. My sister was so upset she called me. I called him to make sure that maybe there might be a misunderstanding. There was no misunderstanding, he was very rude to me right at the start. I told him, we don’t need to deal with him or his company. I suggest anyone wanting a product that Safe Step sells, to look elsewhere!

Reviewed July 6, 2022

The salesman was very friendly and answered all of our questions. He gave us a few days to think about it where others that we talked to wanted to do it right away. The installation was very quick. I was surprised that there were two guys. They were here at 8 o'clock in the morning and gone by 4:30, and it was done. They cleaned up everything and it was great. I love the tub. The thing I like best about it is I could just sit in it. I've had knee surgeries and back problems. I can get the water level up over my knees and lower back, and just sit there. The only thing I would change if I could somehow, and I don't know how, is the design of the entrance door. It's kind of in the way. Once you get in, you got to swirl around behind it to close it.

Reviewed June 30, 2022

Safe Step came when they said they were gonna come, and their guys did a good job of selling the product. They were very knowledgeable. They said the installation was gonna be about eight weeks, and then ended up being eight days. The installers also did a great job.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed June 30, 2022

The sales rep and installers were very professional. For the installation, they had to come back because they found a defective part on the tub. But they were very nice and the quality of the tub seems to be very high. It was what I was looking for and I use it all the time. Aside from that, when we had one question, Safe Step's reps were able to help us over the phone with it. I would highly recommend them.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed June 30, 2022

A gentleman by the name of John came out and when we saw the products, they looked pretty decent. John was very professional. He showed us all the parts and how well made they were, and he had a good spiel. But he never showed us a picture of the tub. I had a Jacuzzi tub but I'm in my 80s and I have trouble getting out of the tub. So I told him that I was looking for something I can get into and take a nice, hot soak. He went on about everything then gave us the information on the cost, which was a little over the top. Then, he told me the tub would be delivered to me within six to eight weeks. We met him on the 24th of February and I got a call telling me this tub would be installed on March 10th, which was way too soon because I expected it to be mid-April.

Then, I got a notice on April 4th from the permit department of Yavapai County saying I needed to go in to their site and get my permit so the job could be posted before the installation. But I told them that the tub had been installed already. So the issue here is the construction company, Cavalier Construction Company. They got the permit to install the tub but they didn't submit a drawing or blueprint on how it should be installed.

Now, I had an existing tub which I asked for to be removed and for the Safe Step to be placed in that same spot. But John told me that they couldn't place it that way and they needed to reverse it. In my mind, if you change the existing drainage, you need county approval. But Cavalier did not get Yavapai County approval to change the drainage. Consequently, Cavalier Construction came in on the 10th, pulled out my old tub, and carted it away. They had two men working here all day and they had my master bathroom sealed off completely with plastic tape so I couldn't see anything that was going on.

When everything was finalized, they called me in to look at the tub and I didn't realize that there was an issue. With my Jacuzzi tub, the side of it was a flat surface, but the Safe Step has two openings. One that's held with a little magnet, that narrow strip, and the access panel was blocked because it was butted up to the wall of our vanity in the bathroom.

On the 16th of June, the inspector, Brent, came in to inspect what was done and when he looked over everything, he told me the job is a failure. He commented that they must provide a dedicated 20 amp circuit to breaker panel with breaker identified and that an open tapping into an existing outlet supplied by a 14-2 wire is not allowed. So Cavalier piggybacked the electrical on me and didn't do it properly. His other comment was that they were unable to verify equipment bonding and that the tub must be located as to allow the removal of the access panel and have enough room to service the equipment. I've been working back and forth now between Sierra, the construction lady who oversees everybody, and the senior inspector from Yavapai County, about this. When I talked to the owner of Cavalier, Nick, he said there was no problem. He stated that the tub can be pulled out if work needed, or have the back slab removed.

Reviewed June 30, 2022

I had a very simple conversation with Safe Step's sales rep and the installation was very rapid, though the tub wasn't working for quite a while. They thought it was a pump, they thought it was the switch. Finally, they determined that the electricians installed the wrong circuit breaker. It has been repaired now and the tub is working. I like that I can get in and out of it pretty easily and I have no problems with Safe Step, though I believe the original electricians were not really qualified to do their work.