4.3/5 (217 ratings)

About Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote after an in-home consultation. The quote includes the product and installation costs.

Pros

• Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available

Cons

• Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Bottom Line

Safe Step offers walk-in tubs and tub/shower hybrids with a variety of safety and comfort features, including hydro-jets and anti-scald technology. Each tub comes with a lifetime warranty.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I liked the person from Safe Step who came to speak to me and I liked what the walk-in tub looked like, although it has features I didn't care about. The installers were hard-working and quick. They had the floors cleaned and they tried to be very careful when I told them I have a front door screen that's heavy and slams loudly. The tub looks good but I was a little surprised at how long it takes to get more than ankle-deep and the water doesn't seem to get warm enough. Other than those, I love the showers - the stand-up one and the handheld one - and I’m very appreciative of the seat because I have some disability with standing for any length of time.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I wanted a company that I could depend on and who would come and fix it because it's guaranteed for my lifetime. It was reassuring that Safe Step would send somebody to a place where they were having a problem. The installers worked hard but they weren't very friendly. They had taken the door off to the bathroom and one guy stopped what he was doing because I was watching him. He put the door back in and he shut it. Also, there's a trapdoor that you can get to and that came open. He didn't tell me it was open and all the dust got into my closet. He could have told me that, that door came open and all this dust and dirt is getting in your closet or something, but he didn't. And there was a little key that I wanted and it was sitting on the windowsill and it was gone. I questioned him about it and he gave me one. He said the keys are all the same but that little key was smaller than the one he gave me.

He showed me how the tub worked and he filled it up with water. Then when he showed me how he did it and it took a long time for it to finally drain. He told me I need a breather in there. The new houses have it and mine doesn't have one. He took me downstairs and showed me where I could buy one and get one put in. But there are no plumbers around here. The guy that sold me the tub should have known that because that's their business and they should have offered that to me and put it in. He was great but he should have told me that. I haven't used the tub and I don't know when I'll get around because I don't know people here.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

When the sales rep came out, he looked at the space and explained the product to us completely. He spent a lot of time going over all the features and benefits. We spent as much time as we needed and he answered any questions we had. He just went over everything. He was really informative. By the time we got to the part of making a decision, the decision was pretty much already made. The Safe Step tub is everything we were looking for at a really good price.

The installers said they would be out here by 8 or 9 o'clock and they were there about 8 or 9 o'clock. They introduced themselves, took care of everything, and left the places cleaned up. They had to come back because we had to do a short wall for the shower part of it. When they were done, they went over everything with us and made sure we understood how the features worked. One guy gave me his phone number and said if I had any questions whatsoever, I can call him and he would gladly walk me through it. The tub takes a little while to fill up but the drain time is beautiful. It drains quick. All the other features work great. My wife said that the first time she used it, she got out and then her muscles felt relaxed. It's gonna do well for her. We're telling everybody they need to get one.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

The salesman who came out was a great salesman and I liked him. Also, the installation was a great experience. Everything worked out just fine.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

What I was looking for was a transfer from a tub to just a walk-in shower. But when Safe Step came over, they explained all the shower stuff. The install was three quarters of a day. And they were very pleasant. It seemed very good. Those jets are wonderful. I have chronic back pain, and it's wonderful. It relaxes me a lot. It's a great place to have a cup of coffee at on an afternoon. I already told my sister that they should get one if they could.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

The Safe Step sales rep was a really nice guy. He was very helpful. The install guys were really nice, too. It was a little bit of a difference between like when we were sold it. We didn't realize things we were going to have to do to the bathroom. I kind of had the feeling that it was going to fit into the space where we had the other Jacuzzi tub and now, we've got some tiles and boards that we have to replace on the floor because the other thing was bigger.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The sales rep was really good. The delivery guys were really, really good as well. The gentleman asked me where I wanted the handles at and he put them right where I wanted them. But it'd be nice if I had a handle by the chair. I like the seat that they put in the plan. It was really nice.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

The Safe Step salesman had an appointment with me at 0900 and was here promptly and left 45 minutes later promising to return with a quote for my walk-in tub. He never came back. I called the company multiple times over the course of the next two week and never did get a quote. I was told that I was "bothering" and "being dis-respectful" the corporate offices. I have since found a contractor that is doing the work I want done but will avoid Safe Step in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

My mother thought that Safe Step would be a better way to feel safer in the tub and not standing in the shower. She's afraid of falling down. The installation didn't take very long at all. Everybody was friendly and it was great. Everything's nice aside from sometimes, I hold it down too long on the remote control. When the blue light flashes in the middle, I don't know what that means other than it can't recognize anything I've done for the last two minutes.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

When I found out Safe Step could serve as a tub or a shower, that was appealing to me. I was very pleased with the two young men who installed it for me. One has been back to make some adjustments, so they've been easy to deal with. I felt positive about the install process.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I liked the price. And the one guy said, “You have to do it now or not.” I don't do business that way. But we still played with it. The rep was knowledgeable of everything. He was concerned with the safety end of it. It has some of those hand holds that you suction cup on the walls. Safe Step should have those in there. They're not safe. We did not get the door. They talked us out of the door, so we got the curtain. There's still a lot of water ending up on the floor outside. I like being able to stand up. The only thing is we didn't have a lot of stuff put in it. Soap, shampoo, and you almost have to open the curtains. We set it outside and that doesn't work well.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I called the number and Safe Step set up an appointment. Had a salesman come out and talk to me. My son came and sat in on the discussion, and the salesman was wonderful. I never saw anybody any more prepared than he was, and gave us the presentation and showed us everything. We put down a deposit. A few weeks later, the guys came and installed my tub. And I was tickled to death. The major one’s name was Frank. He was as personable and as fun to talk to as any installer would be. We had a wonderful experience that day.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Sometimes, I push the water jet, and I push the air jet and it opened the door. Other times, I can't get it that way. Safe Step advertised a 4-inch step out of the tub. Mine is 7.5-inch step out of the tub. I'm 90 years old and I've got arthritis. 4 inches is not that big of a deal, but I just wonder why. Everything else is okay. I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I like that our Safe Step tub opens up and I can walk in and out of it. The sales rep that sold it to us was Gary and he was very knowledgeable. He was very nice to us and he wasn't pushy. He sat down, took his time and talked to us, and we really liked him. The installers who came in were very nice, too. The installation took all day but it was well worth it. The tub is wonderful. I only fill it so full because I'm afraid of falling but it really works good. I wash my hair quite a bit in it and I really like it. Also, I was in terrible pain before we got it and I've noticed a big difference.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The Safe Step sales rep and installers were great. However, the seats are very uncomfortable for my wife because of her hip. But I know that I can always get one of those waterproof pillows and she can sit on it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The rep was very forthcoming and personable. He knew exactly what he was talking about. The installation went very well. The techs did it in one day. I use the tub three times a week and though it's a little pricey, I really enjoy it. My wife enjoys it too especially the jet part around her leg.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I like that Safe Step is American-made and since it's American-made, you can get replacement parts easily. The rep was very nice and positive. I didn’t feel like I was wasting my time. The installers were also nice and prompt. They cleaned up everything. I really enjoy the tub. I like how it's immediately hot water. It has been a godsend as far as I have a bad knee and bad feet. It's a lot of money. I had to dip into my savings, but I felt like I needed it and it was worth it.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

The Safe Step reps were quite professional and cordial. They explained things to me. The only thing was they had the hot and the cold water switched. But I like the idea of not having to put a rubber mat down. I have the chair. They put in a horizontal bar for me close to the chair and then another horizontal bar as you step out. He had put another attachment so that I could put the sprayer head down there right on the chair. So I didn't have to stand up or turn it off when I was sitting in the chair. I'm quite pleased. However, I would like to have another shower caddy. I would recommend Safe Step. The price would be objectionable to a lot of people. But it was worth it to get somebody in here that knew what they were doing.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The installation went really well. Really nice guys put the tub in. We like the tub but there's a little button on the back of it when you sit down on the right hand side and I don't know what that's for. Also, I don't know what to do with the aromatherapy stuff. Other than that, everybody who we've talked to is really nice. The tub looks really nice and we're satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

The rep was a very nice man. There was no pressure. The installation crew members were honest people. If there was a little glitch, they explained what they'd have to do and they asked permission. They did very well. They were very thorough and when they completed the installation, they explained the tub thoroughly and left me instructions. They were very caring and it was a very personal experience. The tub is comfortable.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The sales rep was very pleasant and the installer was extremely nice. He did an extremely good job. But I'm having problems now 'cause the air quit and I've been trying since September 8th to get a service call and I can't get anybody to do it. I keep calling the service department and they keep telling me they will get ahold of the man to get a hold of me to schedule an appointment. It hasn't happened and I've called five different times. We can still use the tub and everything works except the air jets. But I'm in this thing for $22,000 and I have a lifetime warranty yet I can't get service. I'm not very happy about that.

I had the tub put in because my wife has dementia and with the regular tub, I could not take care of her like I should because I couldn't get her back out right. This has helped me tremendously and I'm super pleased with it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

The representative was excellent and the people who installed the tub were very good. But the tub uses a lot of water to get the full use out of it. Also, it was awfully expensive. We also had a problem finding an outlet for the aromatherapy but once we did, that was okay. The tub is easy to get into.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The Safe Step reps were very nice. However, there's not much room to sit on. If it was just a little bit wider there, not from hip to hip but from backbone to knee, it wouldn't affect getting in and out of the tub, but it certainly would make you feel safer. It is also extremely costly, but it is of good quality. I like the different jets on it. It's a longer tub than what I had. So, it's tough for me to get up on my feet. I've been in a wheelchair for 11 years now and it's really hard for me to stand up. You have to do that to reach anything behind the faucets because they're quite a distance. So, if that seat was deeper, it would be easier.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

For somebody who could move around a bit and help themselves to get in and out, the Safe Step would be a very nice thing. But it's a hassle really with somebody who's almost completely unstable. My wife is not able to get around much. It's difficult getting her in and out. We also seem to be having some trouble with the drain on the thing. It doesn't work properly.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I couldn't have asked for a better rep. Also, the installers were great. I really like the tub. My brother got one 10 years ago and this is so much better than what he got. His is not anywhere near the quality of this one. I recommend the Safe Step to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I was not happy with the installation. They got the seat going the wrong way the first time. They said I ordered that, which was ridiculous. The way they had come in, I'd be facing a wall. It made no sense. The wall that they put up was very rough. I had to have somebody else come in and redo some of it. The quality of the tub is good, except they broke something downstairs in the plumbing. But it looks nice. My husband is pleased with it. I recently went in and it was nice. I thought that the water would come up higher on me. But it only goes to not even my waist.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

The rep came out and showed a little movie. Then the installers came out and put the tub in. But the installation didn't go well. When the tub was in, my husband was gonna take a bath. But the thermostat was put in wrong and it was opposite of what it should have been. If he thought he was having cold water, he had hot water. Then they came and turned that. They had to change the hose because the hot and the cold was opposite of what they should have been. It seems to be okay now.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

The tub leaked and my floor is ruined. They were here today and moved it so we could tear all the flooring out and replace it. The walls are black. The drywall and wood are molded. We got the tub July the 5th and we have never used it yet. First time my wife tried to use it, the water ran out the door. So, they had to come back and replace the door. At the same time, they found the leak and turned it off, but it already ran for a month. I talked to them Monday and they showed up today and took the tub out. We pulled a part of the floor up. It's completely soaked. It's got to be all completely replaced and the walls are gonna have to be replaced. I got a contractor coming tomorrow to see what the damage is gonna cost to fix the floor and walls. It happens, they're getting it taken care of and that's the main thing.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

They came in and showed us the product and what it would look like. The tub is very good. I like the heat and the bubblers. It's good for me because I just had surgery on my feet.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

The man that did the installation was very knowledgeable and I was happy. It was an excellent job.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information