4.2(2,796)

About Safe Step Walk-In Tub

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a limited lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The tub company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote outlining the product and installation costs after an in-home consultation. Safe Step also services Canada.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Limited lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available
    Cons
    • Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Stars Rating

• 63%
    • 16%
    • 10%
    • 2%
    • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The sales rep who came out was the nicest little lady you could ever meet. She didn't try to push us or shove us into anything. She just showed us and explained everything to us like it was. Then, the installers were friendly as they could be, but there were no playing around. There isn't a better bunch of boys and they did exceptional good work. All the people that's come in and saw the tub can't believe that Safe Step did that kind of work in that short period of time. Everybody who has seen it so far is highly impressed with it and Mommy loves it. There are still a few things that are gonna take a little time to get used to but we're trying.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The sales rep from Safe Step explained the installation process well and the installers were very nice. It took them about six hours. My uncle is the one who mostly use the walk-in tub upstairs. He's got a lot of health issues so we've been in and out of the hospital quite a bit and he hasn't used that a whole lot as of yet.

Pinned

Amber, we appreciate you sharing your experience with Safe Step. It's great to hear that our sales rep provided clear explanations about the installation process and that you found our installers to be nice and professional.

We understand that health issues can impact the usage of the walk-in tub, and we hope that it will provide your uncle with added comfort and convenience when he does use it. Please know that our team is here to assist you should you have any questions or need support in the future.

Thank you for choosing Safe Step!

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The people from Safe Step were very polite. They said the tub would be in one day and they would have to switch the plumbing. The installers were very knowledgeable. They got here around 10:00, and they were done before 6:00. As far as the product, I have no complaints on it. I like the privacy. All I had in my bathroom was a shower, and the tub was in the other bathroom. I have two baths, and every time I want to take a bath, I'd have to go down the hallway, take a bath, then I have to walk back to my bedroom. I wanted all of that in my bedroom. So now that I have the Safe Step, I don't have to go to the other bathroom. The features are great. I can take a shower without having to worry about the tub, and the jets work gorgeously. The water is instantly hot to my temperature. In fact, it's easy to get my little dog a bath. I put her on the seat and use the wand and give her a bath in there.

Pinned

Charlotte, we're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Safe Step! It's wonderful to know that our team's politeness and efficiency during the installation process stood out to you. We strive to provide knowledgeable and professional service, and we're glad to hear that our installers met your expectations.

It sounds like your Safe Step tub has made a significant difference in your daily routine, providing convenience and privacy right in your bedroom. We're delighted that you're enjoying the features of the tub, including the relaxing jets and the instant hot water temperature adjustment.

It's heartwarming to hear that you've found an additional benefit in using the tub for your little dog's baths! We love hearing how our customers incorporate our products into their daily lives in unique ways.

Thank you for choosing Safe Step, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingPriceFeatures

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The sales rep was easy to deal with and made a great presentation. There was a lot to go over and it took 45 minutes. We had to look at the bathroom and he had to give us an idea of what was gonna happen in there so it took a little bit of time. But we weren't overly upset with the amount of time. The installation was seamless. The installers came in early in the morning and were very meticulous in their work. They cleaned up after themselves and put tarps down to protect our floors and our bathroom. They did a very thorough job of installation and explanation once it was installed, going over it with us. So, A+ for their installation service.

I would recommend Safe Step. My wife has used the walk-in tub a couple of times and her favorite part is the ease of operation and the comfort of just stepping in. It’s as advertised, a safe step. It's an outstanding process, and good workmanship, quality and service. It was more expensive than we thought going in but we were satisfied with it.

Pinned

Don, we're delighted to hear about your positive experience with Safe Step! It's wonderful to know that our sales representative provided you with a thorough and informative presentation, ensuring you felt comfortable and well-informed throughout the process.

We're pleased to hear that the installation went smoothly and that our team took great care in protecting your home during the installation. Providing meticulous and attentive service is a priority for us, and we're glad to hear that our efforts met your expectations.

It's fantastic that your wife is enjoying the ease of operation and comfort of the walk-in tub! Ensuring our customers' safety and comfort is at the forefront of what we do, and we're thrilled to know that the tub has provided her with a positive bathing experience.

We understand that investing in a Safe Step tub is a significant decision, and we appreciate your trust in choosing us. Thank you for recommending Safe Step, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I did not like the Safe Step at all. I've had it for a month and I've been in the tub a total of four times. It does not have enough hot water. I've had trouble trying to reach somebody because of my hearing problems and they keep going in these loops about, "You have to talk to this person and then you talk to one other." I needed the repair person. I'm not happy with them at all. The electrician that wired it up did not realize how to hook it up properly. So, he has been back.

I haven't tried the tub since I slipped down. You have to sit in the tub on the top and I slipped down because there was no hot water and I was cold and I was not going to wait for hot water to heat up again. So, I slipped down, which was okay, but then we added hot water with a bucket and then we went to drain and my legs had gotten tangled. I have multiple disabilities and the end of the story is my husband had to call fire rescue to get me out of the tub.

I haven't called Safe Step back. We called the electrician back. We called the plumber back. We've run into so many problems with the tub. ?Hopefully, now, it's fixed, but I'm a little bit afraid. Even though I hired a personal Visiting Angel to help me because I'm mobility impaired, she couldn't do anything for me and she just laughed. At first, it was funny. I've heard of people doing that before, but I was a very independent person and I find this whole situation very embarrassing. I do not recommend Safe Step for anybody. Everything didn't turn out hunky-dory at all.

Pinned

Georgia, we're truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with your Safe Step Walk-In Tub. Your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we deeply regret that your experience has not met your expectations or our standards.

It's concerning to hear about the issues with the hot water supply, the improper installation by the electrician, and the safety concerns you've encountered. We understand how frustrating and unsettling these situations can be, especially for someone with mobility challenges.

Please know that we take your feedback seriously, and we want to address these issues promptly and effectively. We will escalate your case to our management team to ensure that these concerns are thoroughly investigated and resolved.

Your experience is important to us, and we want to make things right. We will reach out to you as soon as possible to discuss how we can address and rectify these issues. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these concerns.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingPriceFeatures

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I spoke with a person from Safe Step and my experience was very pleasant. She was a nice lady. She knew what she was talking about. The installation was amazing. They showed up at 8:30, had the old one out and the new one in by 2 o'clock. I was impressed with how quick they did it. Although it didn't take long to get it installed, it cost us 18,000 bucks. They were awfully expensive, but I don't regret spending the money. Safe Step got a good product. We got the simplest tub, and it works out like it's advertised. My wife likes the water jets.

Pinned

Steve, thank you for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Safe Step! It's fantastic to know that our team provided you with excellent service, from your initial conversation to the installation process. We pride ourselves on delivering efficient and knowledgeable service to our valued customers.

Your satisfaction with the speed and quality of the installation is greatly appreciated. We understand that investing in a Safe Step tub is a significant decision, and we're pleased to hear that you feel it was worth the expense.

It's wonderful to hear that your wife is enjoying the water jets! Our goal is to provide products that enhance our customers' comfort and well-being, and we're delighted that the tub meets your expectations.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The Safe Step tub has been fine. The only thing that I did notice is it's a little tight squeeze if you're standing in the tub to open and close the door. You almost have to sit down to open and close the door. I had trouble with the shower curtain, and water was getting on the floor. I don't know if it runs off the back there. I put the shower curtain towards the head of the shower and it must have been running off there the one time. I've got it under control now. Other than that, the installation team who came to put it in was very good. They were very polite. Everything was cleaned up afterwards. You wouldn't even know they were there. Everything looks so nice and neat. It's really an improvement in the bathroom.

Pinned

Dann, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that overall, you're satisfied with your Safe Step tub and that you've noticed improvements in your bathroom. Your feedback about the door and shower curtain is valuable, and we appreciate you sharing your experience.

We understand that the functionality of the door and managing water flow can be important aspects of your bathing experience, and we'll certainly take your comments into consideration as we continue to innovate and improve our products.

Thank you for highlighting the professionalism of our installation team. We strive to provide a seamless and respectful experience for all our customers, and we're pleased to hear that they met your expectations.

If you have any further questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to assist you and ensure you continue to enjoy the benefits of your Safe Step tub.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The experience with Ben, the rep with Safe Step, was outstanding. However, the communication between the person who wrote the contract with me and the installers fell through. The date for the installation was messed up. The day they were to come was to be between 8:00 and 10:00 and they were to stay all day. However, the day before, at quarter to 7:00, I started getting calls but I had my phone on silent. Finally, at quarter to 8:00, someone was banging on our door. It was the installer.

We were home that day so it worked out. I let them install and the installation crew was great. It took them till 4:30 that day. But what happened was the tile in the bathroom did not butt up against the new tub, and they said they were not responsible for it. Some baseboard was left taken off, then new tile had to be placed. I reported it and supposedly, they were to have installed it butted up against the tile and put a 5-inch sealer in the back. Cindy, the regional manager for the installation, said they were going to repair that.

In the meantime, we were testing the tub and it was tripping the breaker. Also, the drain was making horrible knocking noises. We hadn't even been able to use it. We would just fill it up and try to turn on all the controls. A technician came out quickly and that was excellent. He found that the drain wasn't tightened properly and fixed it. There was supposed to be a separate breaker put on that particular outlet so he got Nick, the electrician, to come out and do that again. Because we're going out of state, the person that's gonna repair the tile isn't scheduled until May 8th. It's been a month since the installation was done and we still haven't been able to use the tub.

Pinned

Jeannie, thank you for your feedback. We're truly sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with the installation and initial use of your Safe Step tub. While we're pleased to hear that your experience with our representative was positive, it's clear that there were communication and execution issues with the installation process.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these issues. We're committed to ensuring that your Safe Step tub meets the high standards we set for our products and services.If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out our customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

The sales rep was very thorough and went step by step about the features that Safe Step has to offer. When he got toward the end, I was jokingly saying to him, “You have thought of everything except music.” His face brightened up and told me about the bluetooth feature and how you could select your own music. That topped it off for me. The installation was very professionally done. It took six hours and I was pleased with the work that was done. The way they did it blended in with what they had to work with in the bathroom. The position that the old tub was in was up against the cabinets that were in place, and they blended that in. I'm pleased with the tub. I like the micro bubbles, the colored lights that come on, the music and the position that you can get in. The tub has increased the value of our house overall, especially when we get ready to sell it. It's like a spa at home.

Pinned

Harriett, we're delighted to hear about your positive experience with Safe Step! It's wonderful to know that our sales representative was able to provide you with a thorough overview of our features and even introduce you to our Bluetooth music feature, which you've found to be a great addition to your tub experience.

We take pride in our professional installation services and are thrilled that the installation team met your expectations by seamlessly integrating the tub into your existing bathroom space. It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the micro bubbles, colored lights, and the overall comfort and functionality of your Safe Step tub.

It's also great to hear that you believe the tub has added value to your home. We strive to offer products that not only improve your quality of life but also enhance the value of your home.

Thank you for choosing Safe Step, and we hope you continue to enjoy your spa-like experience for many years to come!

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I was disappointed in the crew Safe Step sent. They didn't clean up after themselves and put back the things they moved. I'm not very happy with the installation. But I'm enjoying the tub. It's easy to get in and out of. It's doing the right thing.

Pinned

Clarence, we're truly sorry to hear about your experience with the installation crew. At Safe Step, we strive to provide not only high-quality products but also exceptional customer service, including a clean and respectful installation process. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you.

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the tub itself and finding it easy to use. Your comfort and satisfaction are important to us, and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our services moving forward.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

They did well on the installation of the tub but I don't think the jets are as powerful as I thought they would be.

Pinned

Robert, we appreciate your feedback regarding the installation of your Safe Step Walk-In Tub. We're glad to hear that the installation process met your expectations.

Regarding your concerns about the jet power, we strive to provide a high-quality bathing experience, and we understand that the jet performance is an essential aspect of that. We value your feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to improve and enhance our products.

If you have any further questions or concerns about your tub's performance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team. We're here to assist you and ensure your satisfaction with our product. Thank you for choosing Safe Step, and we hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in tub.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed April 16, 2024

Installers were here on time and very respectful of everything. We were impressed with their professionalism. The tub is gorgeous and we love it. My 107 year old Mother uses it. She finds it soothing and good for circulation in legs and feet. Highly recommend this fully loaded walk-in tub to anyone with chronic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis and stress. Well worth the cost.

Pinned

Heather, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with our installation team and that you're enjoying your Safe Step Walk-In Tub! It's wonderful to hear that your 107-year-old mother finds the tub soothing and beneficial for her circulation.

At Safe Step, we prioritize providing a safe and comfortable bathing experience for all our customers, especially those with specific health needs. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we're pleased to know that the tub has made a positive difference for your family.

Thank you for choosing Safe Step and for taking the time to share your experience. We're here for you if you have any questions or need assistance in the future. Enjoy your new walk-in tub!

Reviewed March 23, 2024

The install team consisted of 2 Install personnel Scotty and his son, an electrician and a plumber. After the team arrived, they checked out the areas that required attention to prepare for the install, then went to work immediately and seemed very professional and very respectful of the environment and completed the install in the same professional manner. Great team effort.

Pinned

Steven, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that our installation team impressed you with their efficiency and hard work. Our top priority is always to provide our customers with a high level of satisfaction, and we're pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing Safe Step!

Customer Service

Reviewed March 15, 2024

I purchased a tub in November of 2022, I am now having issues with the tub and have made several calls to the company to have it repaired with no results. It is great to sell the product but if it cannot be maintained it is worthless.

Pinned

Dean, we're truly sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your tub. Our aim is to provide not only quality products but also exceptional after-sales service to ensure our customers' satisfaction. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay in addressing your repair requests. We have escalated your case to our customer service team for immediate attention. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we're committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed March 12, 2024

I had to cancel my installation & have been leaving voicemails every day for a week about getting my deposit back, and have not heard from anyone. I don't think anyone works there, as my calls are never answered and no one has called me back. I've tried three different numbers and it's the same thing each time. Reps are busy, pls leave msg.. It would be really nice to know when I could expect my deposit. I'll be looking into what my next step should be, I.E, Better Business Bureau, etc.

Pinned

Nancy, we apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced in reaching us. Rest assured, your concerns are important to us, and we are working diligently to address them. We've escalated your case to our customer service team for immediate attention. Please expect a callback shortly regarding the status of your deposit refund. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Helen

Well, I know not to buy from that company. Don't bother with estimates

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed March 11, 2024

When the salesman talked to us, he stated the shower package was free at that time. When the tub was delivered and installed, it was not included. The installation people advised it WAS NOT listed on the bill. When we called the salesman's manager said he could not do anything about it. If we wanted it it would cost us $1,200.00. After financing $23,000.00 for it. No one has contacted us back after our original complaint. This tub is difficult for a large handicapped person to get in and out of. Do not buy from this company.

Pinned

Toni, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during the sales and installation process. Our goal is always to provide fair and transparent pricing, and we regret any miscommunication or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your interaction with our representatives. To better understand and address your specific concerns, please reach out to our customer service team. You can contact us at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2024

I am very pleased with my Safe step walk in tub, purchased a few years ago. I would highly recommend to anyone, young or older. Can not imagine how I managed without it. I very much enjoy the safety and comfort, thank you so much. Very easy to clean, looks very nice. Thanks again.

Pinned

Faye, thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your Safe Step walk-in tub and that it has brought you safety, comfort, and convenience. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we're delighted to know that you find it easy to clean and aesthetically pleasing as well. If you ever need assistance or have any questions in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for choosing Safe Step!

Reviewed March 3, 2024

I got a Safe Step tub for my parents' safety. Safe Step was the most responsive in getting back to me. They weren’t the least expensive, but their salesman was good. I felt like he gave me all the information I needed to make a decision. The installation was a little rough. We got rescheduled multiple times. The guys that did the installation were pleasant to be around and efficient. They got the major part of the installation done in a day. I'm getting bids on fixing some of the damage that they did. They had to come back multiple times because they weren't prepared. They did a temporary install. After the fact, between Safe Step and the city getting the final inspection, we spent several days trying to coordinate that, and there were no shows. It was kind of a cluster.

I wish they wouldn't have done some of the damage that they did. It's costing me money. Some of the damage that they did to the surrounding area has tiles that they don't make now, so now I'm gonna have to retile everything to get it matching. They ended up causing me another 5 to 10 grand of expense, which I'm not happy about that. If they would have been a little more careful, it would have saved a lot of problems for me. Other than that, I love the tub. My mom is really enjoying it. I would recommend the tub. I wouldn't recommend Safe Step because I couldn't recommend what they did to my parents' house.

Pinned

Brett, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear that your parents are enjoying the Safe Step tub. However, we're truly sorry to hear about the challenges you faced during the installation process. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the rescheduling and roughness of the installation. We understand the importance of careful workmanship and will address this issue with our installation team to ensure improvements are made. If there's anything we can do to address your concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We appreciate your recommendation of the tub and will strive to provide better service in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2024

The installation of our Safe Step was good. I'd rate them pretty highly. But I'd recommend that others make sure they go out and get quotes from all available step-in tubs. I didn't do that and maybe I should have. I saw some of these other guys, like American Standard has more jets than the one I bought. But I was so impressed with the presentation of Safe Step that I caved in and bought it and they were okay. But they were a little more pricey.

Pinned

Rudy, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear that the installation went well overall, and we appreciate your recommendation. We hope you continue to enjoy your Safe Step tub for years to come. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

PriceFeatures

Reviewed March 3, 2024

My experience with Safe Step has been okay. I like being able to sit and get to shower. I had a stroke a year ago and a regular tub would've been a problem. My old tub was a problem. I bought one of those slide-across-bench things and even sitting on it, I wasn't straight at the shower. I was off to the side a little. Just easier to upgrade to something that would work better. However, it's expensive.

Pinned

Thomas, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear that the Safe Step Tub has provided you with a more accessible and comfortable bathing experience, especially after your stroke. We understand that the cost can be a concern, but we strive to provide high-quality products and services tailored to our customers' needs. If you have any questions or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Reviewed March 2, 2024

They did a presentation for us. I got the wall with the two showers and everything in it. I like everything about it. The installation went well. They did a good job.

Pinned

Raymond, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the presentation and that you're satisfied with your Hybrid walk-in tub. If you have any questions or need further assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Reviewed March 2, 2024

The sales rep was very informative and courteous, and knowledgeable. Anytime you have to disrupt and tear up stuff in the house, it takes a moment. But my husband watched as they did the installation and they did a professional job. There was only one incident with a scratch on the floor. Everything was really nice with the tub. The looks and look like the ability to withstand is okay. It looks like very quality material that they used. The jets are kind of special and the lights with the ambiance of the lights that you can turn on and have different colors changing in the tub. It really feels like you're at a spa. The only thing that kind of shocked us both was the price, but it's worth the safety.

I got gout on my feet and it really helps. Another feature on there that we had to get used to was after you let the water out and a few minutes later, that thing blows out all the excess water. When you're back in the other part of the house and you hear this big sound, but we got used to that. It drains out and make sure no moisture is left in the pipe after you've taken your bath and drained the water out.

Pinned

Carolyn, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're delighted to hear that our sales representative provided informative and courteous service, and that the installation process went smoothly overall. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the scratch on the floor and the indentation on the wall. If you need any assistance addressing these issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team. We appreciate your feedback and your business!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 1, 2024

This is a review of Safe Step sales tactics. In short, they are manipulative, disingenuous, aggravating, and infuriating. This company uses in-home consultations to coerce high dollar, same-day purchase or risk many thousands of dollars price increase for the unpardonable sin of thoughtful consideration. The sales woman, Terry **, used all the slimy used car sales tricks in the book. She offered a senior citizen discount, a marginally legitimate military discount ("has anyone in your family ever served?"), a same day consultation discount, etc. When there was still hesitation on our end about pricing, Terry pulled out the advertising incentives sheet. When mom told her she still wanted to think on it some more and consider Safe Step against another company, Terry pitched a little fit...she seemed to take it as a personal rejection. She packed up her sales materials in a snit, including the pricing sheet.

I asked if we could keep the quote sheet with the one year pricing for reference while mom made her final decision, but she tersely informed us that she HAD to take it with her but that we could take a picture of it. That felt shady, but then she went to an even darker place. She pulled out her phone and said she needed to call in to let the office know she was leaving the house. It sounded plausible enough as a safety measure for a woman traveling alone; but no, it was another strong-arm sales tactic and a final effort to railroad mom into making a decision she wasn't ready to make.

Terry used her speaker phone to tell the office person that mom was probably going a different way for a couple of reasons but mostly price point. The fellow on the other end of the call proceeded to suggest there were additional financial incentives and that he could get the price down even more. I blew a gasket at that point and told her she could finish the call in her car. Not only did it feel like we were being held hostage by her refusal to take "not today, thanks" for an answer, but then she pulled the "Let me talk to my manager" card! The whole experience was distasteful and, to be honest, shined a very ugly light at the entire Safe Step company. I would strongly discourage anyone from doing business with these predators of senior citizens.

Pinned

Rhonda, we're truly sorry to hear about your experience with our representative. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disrespect or frustration you encountered during the consultation process. This behavior does not reflect the level of professionalism and courtesy we expect from our team members.

We understand the importance of clear communication and addressing all customer inquiries thoroughly. It's disappointing to hear that you felt your questions were not adequately addressed, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we will address this matter internally to ensure that all our representatives uphold our standards of customer service and professionalism.

If you have any further concerns or would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to assist you and regain your trust.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2024

As soon as I pay this off, I will be removing it. Do not recommend. Very uncomfortable. Make you feel claustrophobic. I am so sorry, I purchased it. At the expense, I felt I should have had more comfort.

Pinned

Dawne, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're not fully satisfied with your Safe Step purchase. Your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us, and we regret if the tub has not met your expectations.If there's anything we can do to address your concerns or improve your experience, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We're here to assist you in any way we can. Thank you for choosing Safe Step, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2024

The sales rep made us very comfortable. We could ask him questions and he answered them. We had fun with the installers. We love our Safe Step tub. It was a big expense for us but it's worth it. It's very enjoyable. We love the bubbling. My husband enjoys the lights. However, we never have gotten the thing in the back to make it smell. We read the book and keep trying but we can't get it to work. Also, they could have fixed the wall where the corners meet. That's a sore spot every time you walk in there. The crack on the side of the wall is there, wide open. But they were upfront and said they don't do that kind of work in the beginning. They told us that's how they had to leave it.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you had a positive interaction with our sales rep and installers, and that you're enjoying your Safe Step tub. It's wonderful to hear that the investment has been worth it for you and that you find it enjoyable, especially with features like the bubbling jets and lights.

We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the scent feature and the wall crack. It's important to us that everything functions as expected and that you're completely satisfied with your purchase. Please reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com so we can address these issues promptly and find a solution that works for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to ensure that your experience with our product continues to meet your expectations.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2024

Our interaction was really good with the sales rep. He told us exactly what was gonna happen, how the tub works and the ins and outs. He explained everything like he was supposed to, and then installation went good. The installers went downstairs, did what they did, explained everything to us, and I couldn't ask for a better job. The tub is for my wife and it's nice and works just fine. My favorite feature is the handles on the shower for her, in case she slips. Everything is beautiful.

Pinned

Chris, thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear about your positive sales and installation experience with our team. Our dedicated team works hard to provide informative, courteous, and efficient service to ensure the best customer experience. Providing a convenient and accessible bathing experience is our priority, and we're glad to know that it's working well your wife. If you ever have any questions or if there's anything more we can assist you with, feel free to reach out. Thank you for choosing Safe Step!

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I bought the Safe Step tub because I needed to take a bath and I hadn't taken a bath in years because my knees are bad. It's hard for me to step over and get in and out of tubs. I just took showers. So, the walk-in tub is really great that I can take the bath. I can play my music. It has the Bluetooth and the jets where you can have the water spiraling around. I feel my skin is soft. I can feel the difference in my skin. The first time I took it, I said, "Wow." It's good for helping my muscles. If I wanna take a quick shower, I can do that too because it’s got the two shower heads, the larger one and the smaller one I can hold.

The only thing is if you have dead skin or when it's time to empty the tub, then you have to try and find a way to get out of the stuff that usually goes around the side of the tub. You can't get out of the tub and it will not be on you. So, you're constantly spraying yourself to get it off. To me, that's one of the negative parts of it. Whatever you came off your body, you gotta use the shower head to get the stuff away from you.

Pinned

Jacqueline, thank you for sharing your experience with the Safe Step tub. It's wonderful to hear that it has brought so much enjoyment and relief, particularly in being able to take baths again without the difficulty of stepping over tub walls. The features like Bluetooth music and the soothing jets sound like great additions to enhance your bathing experience and promote relaxation.

Your feedback about the challenge of cleaning the tub after use is valuable. We understand that it can be inconvenient to have to clean the tub after each use, especially when it comes to removing any residue or debris. We'll certainly take this into consideration as we continue to improve our products.

If you have any further suggestions or questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to ensure that your bathing experience remains comfortable and enjoyable.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingEase of Use

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

The Safe Step sales representative was very good. He measured for the tub, told us what options we had and set up the whole deal. My wife couldn't get into a regular tub safely and the tub was everything she needed where she could bathe herself. She's able to take a bath without fear of falling down. And the jacuzzi jets would help.

The initial installation was great. However, the follow-up on the finish was terrible. We've had two tubs done with them. First tub, they had caulking smeared all over the place. The second one, they had to take out a door jam. We have tiled floors in this house and they didn't bother replacing the grout. We called Safe Step, told them about the missing grout around the door dam, and they said they're not responsible for that.

Pinned

Keck, thank you for sharing your feedback. We genuinely regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the follow-up on the installation of your walk-in tub. We want you to know that your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. To better address your specific concerns, please reach out to our customer service team. You can contact us at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I really like our Safe Step walk-in tub. I just had a man come out and replace the glass door because the top of the glass had been cracked. Nobody noticed it when they installed it. So, he fixed it and everything’s fine. I love the shower.

Pinned

Connie, thank you for your review! We're thrilled to learn that you had a positive installation experience with our team and are enjoying your new Safe Step Walk-In shower. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out!

PriceFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I got to looking at the Safe Step tubs and realized that once the patient is in that tub, they would not go anywhere. That's why I went with them, because if I get my husband in that tub and that door is shut, he would not go anywhere. If he started to faint, get sick, fall, there's only one place for him to go, and that's back on that seat and against one of those very high walls.

As far as the tub for somebody who doesn't have any physical disabilities, it's a hateful thing. When I get in there to take a shower, there's no room to move. You're in a walk-in shower and you can just throw your arms and legs around, do what you wanna do. But when you're in that tub, your movements are limited, which is what I was after for an invalid. I'm no spring chicken either. I'm getting up in age. So I figured, “Well, if I outlive my husband, then that would be a safety feature for me.” I would not recommend it for anybody who does not have any disabilities, but if there are safety concerns, it's perfect. It isn't worth the money that I put into it. But the issue is my husband's safety.

Pinned

Jo, thank you for sharing your perspective on the Safe Step tub. It's clear that safety and security were significant factors in your decision-making process, especially considering your husband's needs. We're glad to hear that the design of the tub provides a sense of security for you both, particularly in situations where mobility or stability may be a concern.

We understand your point about the limitations of movement within the tub, particularly for individuals without physical disabilities. While the tub may not offer the same freedom of movement as a traditional shower, its primary focus on safety and stability is essential for those with mobility challenges.

Your feedback is valuable to us as we continuously strive to improve our products and services. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you and ensure your husband's safety and comfort remain our top priorities.

Customer ServiceFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

The installers did the job okay. They could have talked about it a bit more. And when they were filling up the tub, they didn't even let me know, but I heard the water run, and it seemed there was not enough conversation there. But I wouldn't recommend Safe Step Walk-in Tubs to anybody, because the guy was a good sales person but I felt talked into it because I told him I'm very tall, and he said that could be worked out. I figured the seat would be a bit higher, but it turned out it's just wider. I didn't need wider. I needed it higher. So, I haven't been using it.

Pinned

Frauke, we're sorry to hear about your experience with our walk-in tub. It's important to us that our customers feel fully informed and satisfied with their purchase. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding the seat height and for not meeting your expectations in this regard. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we'll take it into consideration as we strive to improve our products and services. If there's anything further we can do to address your concerns or assist you, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I was very pleased with my Safe Step tub. It was well installed. It's very high quality. It's a little high priced, but it's well worth it. It was a wonderful experience. I had to have a tub in the home before I could move in. So, they worked very carefully with me between my closing and the move-in date to be sure that it was fully installed. I am disabled and I was not able to come into the home, but the sales representative did come in and did all the review. Then they came out and gave me the presentation in my car, so I didn't have to get out. They were very accommodating.

Pinned

Rhonda, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that our team impressed you with their efficiency and hard work. Our top priority is always to provide our customers with a high level of satisfaction, and we're pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations. If you have any further needs or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! Here's to many more safe and comforting baths in your future!

Installation & SetupFeaturesMaintenance

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

Everything went well with the sales rep and we were pleased with him when he was here. He sold us quickly on the tub. The installation team was good. We talked with them quite a bit and they were very cordial. My husband had to quit talking because he might have been holding them back a little bit. We were satisfied with the Safe Step walk-in tub but there were a couple of little things that we noticed with the caulking after the installers left and they came back and repaired that.

The first time I used the walk-in tub, I enjoyed what I could do. But the level of the water was only waist high so I couldn't get the full effects of the jets. It didn’t fill up all the way and it got cold. We probably need a larger hot water tank. But I enjoyed exfoliating and everything that they do with the legs. The only thing I didn't like and I didn't think about it beforehand, so I may not have even gotten it is that you have to sit in it while you drain it, unless you stand up. So, if you already put the exfoliator on, it gets all that dead skin off and then you're sitting there while it's draining. My husband said I could stand up and spray my body.

Pinned

Carol, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased to hear that you had positive interactions with our sales rep and installation team. It's important to us that our customers feel comfortable and satisfied throughout the process.

Regarding the water level and temperature, we understand your concerns. It sounds like a larger hot water tank may be necessary to ensure the tub fills to the desired level and maintains a comfortable temperature throughout your bath. As for the draining process, we appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration for future improvements. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Installation & SetupFeaturesEase of Use

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

The installation of our Safe Step tub went well and smoothly. I was here when they came and when I woke up, they were gone and it was installed. The reps were very knowledgeable, too. My favorite feature is the ability to sit down or stand up. It's also easier for me to get in and out of the bathtub.

Pinned

James, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're thrilled to hear about your positive sales and installation experience with our team. Our dedicated team works hard to provide informative, courteous, and efficient service to ensure the best customer experience. We're delighted to learn that you're enjoying the safety, independence, and comfort that a Safe Step Walk-In Tub brings. We sincerely hope you continue to derive satisfaction from it for many years to come.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

Safe Step's sales reps were very good and the installation team was extremely professional. There were a couple of questions we had and they did some follow-up. We couldn't really ask much more. We love our Safe Step walk-in tub. We like the various jets settings that are on there that have different purposes. We also like the micro bubble thing. You start with that then you go through the water jets. It’s really good.

Pinned

Fred, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're thrilled to hear about your positive sales and installation experience with our team. Our dedicated team works hard to provide informative, courteous, and efficient service to ensure the best customer experience. We're delighted to learn that you're enjoying the safety, independence, and comfort that a Safe Step Walk-In Tub brings. We sincerely hope you continue to derive satisfaction from it for many years to come.

Customer ServiceFeatures

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2024

I am glad that I got the tub but I would like to have a better understanding of how to make it more enjoyable for me. When I got the visit from the installers to measure, they said my water heater is new and big enough. But when I took a couple of baths, I found out that although I got the tub with the heated coil, the water coming from the water heater didn't fill the tub as full as I hoped it would and the water coming in was cooler. I had my water heater set to 110 degrees to keep my electricity bill down and I turned it up to 120, which I've heard is kind of typical, and that helps a little bit but it doesn't help that much.

Also, I am strong enough to push down the handle to lock it so that it doesn't leak. However, when my in-laws visited, they found that they had trouble doing that and they made a terrible flood all the way down into the basement. I read about the tub that it's not supposed to be difficult to close it so that it locks but it made me wonder if there's something I can do to make that a little bit easier. The only other thing that I'm not totally satisfied with is that I was happy to have bought the no-cold start thing but I noticed that I need to start that 10 or 15 minutes before I want to be sitting in the tub. And when I do do that, I can tell it's working on one half of the seat but I'm not sure with the other half.

The installers had to come from Cleveland and I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, so this was a 2.5-hour travel so I'm hoping there's anything else I can do besides calling them and asking them to come all the way back because that's asking a lot. But other than that, I had success pairing it with my phone so that I can listen to the radio and that's good. I bought the stand-up showerhead because I am usually a showerer and I like that.

Pinned

Julia, we appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that overall you're satisfied with your tub. Regarding the water level and temperature, adjusting your water heater settings is a good start, but if you're still experiencing issues, it might be worth consulting with a plumber to ensure optimal performance. As for the locking mechanism, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and will look into possible solutions to make it easier to use. Regarding the no-cold start feature, it's normal for it to take some time to warm up, but if you're noticing uneven heating, please contact our customer service team for assistance at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We understand the inconvenience of having the installers travel a long distance, but if necessary, we're here to help resolve any issues remotely or schedule a visit if needed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2024

Everything worked out fine in the installation of our Safe Step walk-in tub. The tub looked good when it was all done. The installers were professional, too. However, they should have a shower curtain all the way to the back and the front because when you're sitting in the tub and using the shower wand, the water goes all over the back and on the floor.

Pinned

We appreciate your review, John! We're delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and we genuinely appreciate your feedback on the water splashing when using the shower wand. If you have any additional recommendations, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team at service@safesteptub.com. Thank you for choosing Safe Step!

Customer ServiceMaintenance

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

The people at Safe Step are disgusting. The plumbers were a mess. The people that came out and put the tub damaged our entire house. While they were there, I had them on video admitting it. Then we got a phone call from Safe Step saying that they were not gonna take care of it. So I don't recommend Safe Step to anybody. The original installer openly admitted that he screwed up so bad. He didn't even put support under this bathtub. So we could fall through the ceiling at any time.

My grandfather fell and broke his hip on June 7th of 2023. He cannot use a regular bathtub. He needed that tub. But every time we start that tub up, it leaks through our kitchen and dining room. There's black mold all in the ceiling. They've cut up the ceiling and said they were gonna replace it. Since 1979, we’ve had the original tile that was in the ceiling. But they destroyed it. There's mold all over it. We had a guy come out this last time. He told me, “Hire a plumber and get them to clear that thing, and I'll come back out once he clears it.” The guy cleared it, called back, and they said they weren't doing things. After they promised me in a typed letter that I have from them that they were at fault and that they would be glad to fix it all. So now we have an active lawsuit on Safe Step.

Pinned

Alex, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with your walk-in tub. We understand your continued dissatisfaction and want to ensure that we address any lingering concerns you may have. We have sent you a private message with more information about your case and how our team is dedicated to providing exceptional service. If you have any further questions or would like to provide additional information, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. Thank you.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

The sales rep was like a good old boy. He made himself at home and told us what we needed to know and some things we didn't know about the product. Two people did the installation. They had to come back because the tub was the wrong size. So they did all the prep work the first day and when they came back the second day, they got it in. Everything was fine. We love our tub. I have a bad back, so I get in the tub, do the little Jacuzzi thing, and then put my little bath bomb in there. It relaxes me. I'm more mobile now. My back isn't as sore as it was.

Pinned

Doris, we appreciate your review! We're delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and we sincerely hope that your new Safe Step Walk-In Tub brings you joy for many years to come. Thanks once again!

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

Safe Step is made in the USA. The composition material that they used was high quality. The size was right and looked like it had the features that I was interested in. The fellow that came to talk to us about it must have spent a couple of hours with us. He was very knowledgeable. He started at A and went all the way through Z and answered questions along the way. The installers were in here and out in three-quarters of the day. They cleaned up their mess and everything was tidy and tight and done correctly. I like that there's an oxygenation aspect of the water, and the way the jets work, it's very comfortable to sit in the tub. I used to shower every day. I got problems with my legs and it has become difficult to stand. So, this tub made it very easy to get in, take a bath and get back out.

Pinned

Bill, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're thrilled to hear about your positive sales and installation experience with our team. Our dedicated team works hard to provide informative, courteous, and efficient service to ensure the best customer experience. We're delighted to learn that you're enjoying the safety, independence, and comfort that a Safe Step Walk-In Tub brings. We sincerely hope you continue to derive satisfaction from it for many years to come.

Installation & SetupPriceFeaturesWarranty

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

A salesman at Safe Step came to my house. I learned more about Safe Step than I thought I would know. He was not in a hurry. He had a notebook with pictures that he could use. I'm a specialist in special education and I know that good audio visual aids have to cement good learning. Safe Step has put together a good package. I needed a tub that's substantial and Safe Step met all the marks. It's a sturdy build out of sturdy materials. The products are made in the United States. It also has a lifetime warranty. The price would deter a lot of people from having it. Buy if you want a Cadillac, you got to pay the price.

Everybody was pleasant. They took great care not to damage anything. The tub has jets in it. Those jets are so forceful that it's like doing exercise. It also has a little dial on there with tiny bubbles which exfoliate. Old people need a lot of help with exfoliation. My skin has improved over what it has been. Anytime I take a tub bath, I like to have a shower. I had the big, round shower thing and a handheld too on the same rod. When you stand up and turn the shower on as the water drains out, then you can rinse all that down the drain too. Plus, it helps you in wiping down the interior.

It's easy to clean. Shortly after you let all the water out, there's force that goes through the pipes to make sure that you don't have any old, moldy smell. I love all of it. I was so glad that I did it and got it installed when I did. My niece had moved to this new house with me. This past spring, she was diagnosed with ALS. She could get in it, sit down and use the handheld shower head. She was able to get a shower with great efficiency with it.

Pinned

Minnie, thank you for sharing your experience with Safe Step! We're happy to hear your sales experience was a positive one and you found their explanation informative!

We're also happy to know you're satisfied with the therapeutic features of your Safe Step Walk-In Tub. Our goal is to provide products that enhance the lives of our customers, and we're pleased that the tub has met your expectations in that regard. We hope you and your niece enjoy many more safe and relaxing baths in the future! Thank you again for taking the time to share your story with us; we really appreciate it!

Customer ServicePriceMaintenance

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

The people that came and installed our Safe Step tub were somewhere 100 miles away. They were here by 9 o'clock in the morning. We had a big walk-in shower, so there wasn't a whole lot of redoing that they had to do but take the shower doors off, set the tub in there, plumb it in and wire it. It worked out well. They were very efficient. They didn't leave any messes. It was the same couple of guys that came out yesterday and rewired the box in. Lightning hit the house and the tub stopped working. The computer box took a surge and burned out. We had some problems getting a part. When my wife called customer service, the call went to Nashville, and it was right when there was bad weather. They shut the factory down for a week. The part that we needed never got shipped out for a week. But they came out and replaced it for no charge. We were pleased.

The cost was a lot more than what we thought it would be but my wife enjoys the tub. We got it for my her because she loves to soak in the tub. She gets around with a walker now and doesn't feel comfortable trying to step over a standard tub anymore.

Pinned

Larry, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Safe Step. We're pleased to hear that the installation process was efficient and that our team was able to address and resolve the issue with the tub promptly. Our apologies for the delay caused by the weather-related factory shutdown; we appreciate your understanding.

It's wonderful to know that your wife is enjoying the tub, and we hope it continues to bring comfort and relaxation. If you ever have further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. We value your feedback and appreciate your trust in Safe Step.

FeaturesMaintenance

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2024

My son uses our Safe Step tub every day, but it doesn't fill up with the hot water all the way and I'm discouraged. I asked the guy when they originally talked to me if a 50-gallon water tank would be okay and he said yes. But that was just a selling point. He gave me this big spiel that it will take care of my neuropathy and it'll fill up right to where it's supposed to b. But $18,000 later, it doesn't fill up except to the first spout in the back. It doesn't come up to the second spout and it started to have cold water coming in. Plus the fact that they busted out my old bathtub, then left it here and I've still got it after how many months, I'm not a happy camper right now. I also had to have a guy come back and fix the door because it wouldn't seal good adequately. But he did okay on that one, so I appreciated that.

Pinned

Hi Vernon, thank you for your feedback. Customer satisfaction is our priority, and we apologize for any miscommunication regarding the water tank with our representative. Depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank to maintain the preferred water temperature in the tub, ensuring a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while bathing.

To address the issue with the tub not filling up properly with hot water, please reach out to customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. Our team will work with you to understand the specific details of the problem and explore potential solutions to ensure your satisfaction. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to assisting you.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

The installation guys that were here did a fantastic job. But the tub wasn't getting hot enough, and Safe Step responded right away and sent somebody over. They showed us what was going on, and my wife tried it, and it worked well.

Pinned

John, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Safe Step. We're pleased to hear that our team promptly addressed the issue with the tub's temperature, and you were satisfied with the resolution. Our goal is to ensure our customers have a reliable and enjoyable experience with our products.

If you ever have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Safe Step.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

The salesman from Safe Step kept saying he wasn't a salesman. I know he was lying through his teeth, but he was good. He got me to buy the product. The installers chipped the tub and filled it in with caulking and never said a word to me. Other than that, it doesn't look too bad. I like the function of the tub.

Pinned

Hi Gordon, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the installation process. We take these concerns seriously and have taken note of your experience. It's important to us that our customers are satisfied not only with the functionality of our products but also with the overall service.

If you have any additional details or if there's anything specific you would like us to address, please feel free to contact our customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We are committed to making things right and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for choosing Safe Step.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

The sales rep was very informative and answered all my questions. Also, the installers were outstanding. They did a good job, cleaned up after themselves, and were even on-call for the next couple of days when I found problems. There was a connection that wasn't quite finished out on the electrical and it cut off electric to half of my bedroom. They came in on the next workday and five minutes after they were fiddling with it, they were done. It's all fine now.

Pinned

Dee, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Safe Step. We're delighted to hear that our sales rep provided helpful information and that our installers went above and beyond to ensure a smooth installation process. It's great to know that they were responsive to your concerns and quickly resolved any issues you encountered.

If you ever have further questions or need assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out. We appreciate your feedback and are grateful for your choice of Safe Step.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

The Safe Step walk-in tub is okay. We’re just disappointed with the trouble that we are having. The installer told us that was the easiest one they ever put in. The opening we had for it was exactly what they needed and they'd be here and out in no time. And they were. But if they had taken time to put the doors back right, they would have been here a little bit longer. We had them come back to fix the doors and the installer fixed the bottom half and not the top half. They didn’t touch the other one.

A couple of days after they were here, my husband reached down to pick up some change he had dropped and the nailer things they used were sticking out, and cut his arm up. It is doing better but it should have never happened. The staples we found in our carpet and the way these doors are is ridiculous. They had to take the two doors off to get the unit in and they didn't put them back up right. Our bedroom door won't even stay shut half the time. I don't know whether we're gonna have to hire a contractor to get them to fix our doors. We're not happy. If we had it to do over again, we wouldn't do it. The tub is a great thing, but other parts of our home were destroyed getting it. Safe Step told us everything would be put back just the way it was and it never was, even when they sent the second person out here. He only half-fixed one door.

Pinned

Hi Mary, thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you've faced with the installation process. Your feedback is valuable, and we understand the importance of addressing these issues promptly.

We are sorry to hear about the problems with the doors and the inconvenience it has caused. Our team takes such matters seriously. We have forwarded this issue to our customer service team for further investigation and resolution. In the meantime, you can also contact our customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com to discuss the specific issues you've encountered.

We look forward to working with you to address these concerns. Thank you for choosing Safe Step, and we hope to improve your overall experience moving forward.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingFeaturesBilling

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

Safe Step's rep was very professional and polite. But we weren't on the same page about what tub we wanted. I told him that I wanted the one that I saw on the TV commercial but that's not the one we got. When the tub was installed, we didn't have a problem and one of the guys showed us how to use it. They were also professional and they did their job. It was amazing how they got it in within a few hours. I've used the tub once and I like the handheld shower. But as I got in it, when I was closing the door and locking the handle down, it cut my hand. I'm also not thrilled with the payment and I would tell my friends not to buy one.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I'm 81 years old and I got a little bit of a stomach. To walk into the Safe Step tub, the door is tight to get in. But I spent $18,000 on it so, we're going to have to live with it. Other than that, I had no problem with the sales rep then the installation was done without any difficulty and it only took one day. I like having those jets on my back and on my legs. They feel good for that 15 minutes that you're sitting. But it's not lasting. With my neuropathy and diabetes, I'm still weak and sore in the legs and feet.

Pinned

Mike, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that the installation process went smoothly and you're enjoying the benefits of the jets on your back and legs.

We understand that the tightness of the door can be a concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any specific issues or if you believe adjustments can be made to enhance your comfort, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We're here to assist you and ensure your satisfaction with your Safe Step Tub.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

The sales rep at Safe Step was great. He explained everything. The installers were good, too. They were very efficient and at the end, they told me everything we needed to know. I love the tub, but the only thing is the water gets cold before it fills it up. It runs out before it fills up with the bigger jets. So, by the time it gets past the small jets, the water starts to get cold. Everything else is good.

Pinned

Sandy, thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your experience with us. We're pleased to hear that our sales rep and installers provided helpful explanations and efficient service. Your satisfaction is important to us.

Regarding the issue with water temperature, depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank to maintain the preferred water temperature in the tub, ensuring a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while bathing. If you have any additional feedback or concerns, please reach out to our team at 1-800-989-5101 or service@safesteptub.com. We appreciate your feedback and are here to help.

Installation & SetupEase of Use

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I like that Safe Step was American made, and that the manufacturing is in Tennessee. The sales rep was very polite and very knowledgeable about the product. The installation team was in and out before I even really knew what was going on. They were very quick and cleaned up their mess. I like the tub's ease of use. I feel better about being able to bathe myself without having to fall or worrying about falling.

Pinned

Tony, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Safe Step! We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the fact that the product is American-made, and the manufacturing being in Tennessee. It's great that the sales representative was knowledgeable and polite, providing you with the information you needed. We're also pleased to know that the installation team was efficient and left the area clean. It's wonderful that the tub's ease of use has improved your bathing experience and provided you with a sense of safety. If you ever have any more feedback or questions, feel free to reach out. We're grateful for your trust in Safe Step, and we hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of your walk-in tub.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

The sales rep told me all the good parts and everything about the Safe Step walk-in tub. It seemed like a lot of money for me, being retired. But my wife needed one badly. The installers were professional and I didn't have any problem with them. My wife loves the walk-in tub. She’s got problems getting around and standing up and I just get her in this tub. She sits down and takes a bath. She enjoys it.

Pinned

Enrique, thank you for sharing your experience with Safe Step! We're delighted to hear that the sales representative provided you with comprehensive information and that the installers were professional during the installation process. It's wonderful to know that the walk-in tub has been beneficial for your wife, providing her with a more accessible and enjoyable bathing experience. If you ever have any further feedback or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. We appreciate your trust in Safe Step, and we're glad to have made a positive impact on your household.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

The reps let me know what benefits I might receive if I considered a Safe Step tub. The installation process went well. It was kind of touch-and-go for a while. We had some issues with the actual prices and that type of thing with regard to the actual tub and the installation, but we finally got those ironed out. The installers were very professional, told me how it was going to go, and it went pretty much like they said. As far as the walk-in tub, I can walk into it and sit down and let it fill up and enjoy my bath. It's made my lifestyle a little bit easier. It seems to have helped me with my walking and my mobility.