2. Homeowners
  3. Pool Companies

Currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island, New York

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Island Recreational offers a variety of pools, spas and quality supplies to suit your needs. With customer service being a top goal, we strive to provide our customers with care and maintenance advice through our White Glove Pool Service. We currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. We pride ourselves in the best selection at the best prices and are happy to answer any questions you have on your new products and supplies.

Island Recreational Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Island Recreational?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Island Recreational?

Original review: July 7, 2020

I purchased a $600 pool ladder a month ago. On the website it said it would be in stock the day after I ordered it. I still haven’t received it or an email letting me know what is going on with my order. I’ve already been charged for it. I’ve emailed and called so many times and they don’t respond.

Resolution response: June 27, 2020

I went to the store and they set up the date for 7/6. I then received a response via email with that same date about an hour later. I hope they come! My suggestion, make a delivery date right then and there if you buy a pool.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I wish I had seen these reviews before buying a pool from them. I bought an above ground pool and paid in full. They said they would call me in 48 hours with a date for survey and delivery. No one ever called. As I looked over the paperwork again, it says that I need to call to get a delivery date. So I've been calling and calling....everyday, all day and NO ONE ever answers the phone! So I called another number and that lets you leave a message. Left several and they never called me back.

I emailed them, no response. Not even an automated response that they received the email. Went to their Facebook page and emailed them from there, no response. I tried the chat but it is automated, not a real person and it just takes you in circles to no one. I am heading back to the store today, but from reading these reviews, it looks like I won't get anywhere. I understand a delay due to Coronavirus, but if you are that busy, then hire an extra person or two to answer the phone and return emails. Do NOT buy a pool from this company!

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I had my pool/heater installed May 2020. It is now June 2020 and my heater is already broken. I have been calling for about 4 weeks now, only got one response and had HVAC company come to me to tell me there was a leak in a pipe. Even they couldn’t get in touch with Island Recreational to get further instructions. I call daily and can’t get through, yet they still show their commercials on tv selling their products. Take care of your current customers that have paid in full!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

I pre ordered a pool vacuum online. They would change the estimated delivery without notifying me, they did this several times to where the expected delivery date is now a month past the original delivery date. They stated it was due to the COVID19 pandemic. I understand shipping has been affected by the virus but it's the end of May and other companies are delivering faster. I contacted their customer service dept via messaging several times for a delivery date. The first response was polite, the second was not so nice. I was frustrated but polite. Their response was to cancel my order and to pick it up in store. They said I was abusive. I only asked for a delivery date several times because I wanted the vacuum before July 4th.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I purchased a pool in February and paid in full. They were supposed to install it in April and due to the pandemic they pushed me back to June 1. They told me June 29 and they called back and they told me June 15. I have contacted the installation department several times for the last two months. Never received the phone call back. I’ve left emails and been to the store multiple times. No one can seem to help. I know times are tough right now but at least reach out to your customers and respond to their voicemails or emails. It’s so disappointing considering I praised your store and service. I let the store know that I had an autistic child living with me and much needed the pool. The store Told my husband and I that someone would get back to us right away and that was last month. I went to the store again and they said the same thing but they keep advertising about pools to the public but no one’s here to help you.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Purchased a pool 4/30/20, told survey would be 5/22, delivery 6/5, installation 6/9. Of course no survey on 5/22, not even a phone call. After 2 days of calling, finally reached someone who said survey would be done 6/5 with delivery. 6/5 came and went with no delivery. Another 7 hours calling and multiple emails, finally got an email from Chris saying delivery was changed to 6/6 and he would get back to us with approximate delivery time. It is now noon on 6/6 and still no call or email with delivery time. No response to my emails. I think I made a BIG mistake choosing this company to purchase a pool. Maybe I need 7 on your side!

Original review: June 3, 2020

Ordered pool on 2/8/20. Was suppose to be delivered in May and then was told on the phone and in a voicemail it would be delivered on 6/2 and installed 6/5. I have tried contacting them several times but get no reply. Went to the Massapequa store and was told “not my problem”. I would never ever do business with them again. We are an essential worker family and I thought ordering a pool that early even before Clovid 19 occurred they would do as they said and deliver the pool.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Purchased a dark pool liner late February 2020, first payment, second payment 30 days later. Was told liner was in stock by sales manager. Store website showing liner available. (Not true). Went to pickup at ware house, with receipt full payment in hand. A lighter but thicker was offered. (Not taken). Back ordered original dark liner. 30 days later no liner. Wanted a complete refund, was told 10-14 business days check will be mailed. (only excuses). After the 16 business days (no check), was told check will be in store in two days. 2 days later received a phone call saying check will be in store between 6:00 - 8:00 PM. Arrived at store 6:10-15 PM (No check). Said check was en route. Waited another hour. From start to finish, 92 days later and still no replacement liner. To rate this matter (NO STARS) will gladly go to the mom & pop pool shops in the area!!!!

Original review: May 28, 2020

My wife and I recently purchased a pool and paid in full. Scott, who was the sales rep that assisted us last Thursday with everything and said we would get a receipt emailed to us and the company that is going to survey the area would call in 48 hours to set up an appointment. That was nothing but lies. My wife and I have left numerous messages on the phone line no one now answers, I messaged them on Facebook and Instagram and still have not received a reply. It is so sad that in times like the ones we are in, there are still companies out there trying to take advantage of their customers. I hope they read this because soon enough the charges will be disputed and the BBB will be notified, and my business will taken elsewhere. Please steer clear of Island Recreational, it has been nothing short of a massive headache dealing with this company.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I purchased a pool package over the phone and was told I would receive an email confirmation with an itemized receipt within 24 hrs and someone would contact me to schedule a survey of my yard. It’s been over 2 weeks and I have heard nothing! I call several times a day and leave msgs, tried to chat on the website which just sends you in circles. They debited the money right away but I have no way of knowing if I am actually getting this pool or if it’s a scam. If I don’t hear back this week I am reporting them.

Island Recreational author review by ConsumerAffairs

Island Recreational offers a wide variety of pools, as well as pool care and maintenance. It has a number of stores in Long Island and New York, that customers are welcome to visit.

• Testing: Island Recreational tests pool water for all pools it has installed to balance the chlorine and chemical levels.

• Pool care: It provides consistent pool care to make sure that pools stay healthy and safe, whether they are business pools or residential pools.

• Expertise: Island Recreational can offer expertise on pool problems, such as pH levels, algae or water clarification.

• Filters: The company helps pool owners inspect and hook up a pool filter to make sure it's working properly.

• Brick-and-mortar stores: Island Recreational has a number of retail stores in New York that clients can visit to discuss their pools in person.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team