4.67/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Island Recreational

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Island Recreational offers a variety of pools, spas and quality supplies to suit your needs. With customer service being a top goal, we strive to provide our customers with care and maintenance advice through our White Glove Pool Service. We currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. We pride ourselves in the best selection at the best prices and are happy to answer any questions you have on your new products and supplies.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 12, 2017

419 Island Recreational Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My experience with this company was terrible. I had bought my pool (Above ground pool) in cash, had them install it and had one problem after another. 1st one gave me the wrong liner then told me they would credit me back $200. Never received the money. 2nd thing the first time they put the liner on they messed it all up and had to come back fix it which meant I had to drain the pool and start over again. 3rd thing is on the 2nd time coming back to fix the liner they punched a hole into the frame of the pool which now I have a piece of sharp metal pushing toward my liner. Told them about it and they now tell me I need to call the manufacturer to see what they will do about after them telling me to send them pictures of the damage. So at this point I now have to take them to court. Great experience. I give them a big fat 0 on doing anything correctly. Never got the energy star 2-speed rebate from PSEG for $150 either.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My mother swears by this company. Only place she will go. Says the people there are great and nice to her and they always help her... always have what she needs. Never overbearing or pushy. I think she has a little crush honestly... lol. Thank you for keeping mama happy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Such courteous service and always willing to answer any questions you may have. I'll definitely book future trip through them and refer all of my friends and family. They'd have an amazing well planned out trip and chances to win wonderful giveaway prizes and trips for their family. Hope to take my next trip soon.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Quality items at a great price! I love purchasing summer fun items. Looking to buy an above ground pool soon, I know where to shop now, Island Recreational. They also carry some very unique inflatable items for lounging, some I had never seen other than at a Island Recreational store.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

We spent over $6,000 on an above ground pool from Island Recreational in June 2017. The pool came in, the surveyor came in, painted the pool on my grass where we spoke about where it should go, no issues found. Should have known cause he did not know any of the codes for Town of Oyster Bay on pool and fence lines, that I was going to have issues. Pool installer came in and that cost me another $650.00 not counting the two yards of Sand and bricks that I had to get to my house prior to installing them. Installed the pool, Had my electrician come to install power. He informed me that they would not be able to sign off on the electrical inspection due to power wires too close to the edge of pool, had PSE&G survey the wires and was told that the pool was too close to wires and would have to be moved.

While we waited for PSE&G we called Island Recreational's customer service number and spoke with someone there and I assumed that we had 60 days to return the pool, that was my mistake cause I should have read the entire contract and had my electrician there when the pool was being installed. I even mentioned it to the customer service person that I was talking to and he agreed with me that they would assist if we had any issues.

My wife and I took the PSE&G letter to Island Recreational and asked to speak with a manager, and told them that the pool had to be moved. Manager took letter and papers for about 30 minutes, came back and informed us that it was not their problem or issue, that it was up to us to get that done and when I asked to take the pool back he informed me that since the pool was already installed and filled they no longer would take it back or credit. We should have known the issue prior to having the pool installed. Hope my issues prevents or assist aggravation to any shoppers of pools on what they need to know when buying it from Island Recreational.

1. Know all your town codes as well as PSE&G before you purchase the pool, installed or even delivered.
    2. Surveyors from Island Recreational do not care or know any of the town regulations, they are paid by the hour and most likely just told to paint the pool as they see it and make sure they inform the consumer/buyer on the sand and bricks they need to get before the pool is installed.

3. Shop around and make sure that you have options or you have other companies that you can use or compare prices.

My overall experience with Island Recreational is very bad, parts were back ordered and we had to call to get them instead of them calling us that they had arrived or that they had other pumps to exchange it for. Not one time did I not have an issue with them. I should have listened to my neighbor that Island Recreational was unreliable and not good to deal with. I will get the pool moved and my electrical issues resolved with PSE&G, and if I have issues will get someone other than Island Recreational to look at it and fix it. Will no longer give them any business. Luckily we have other pool companies like Leslie's or 3 Brothers if we need anything pool related in the future. Very disappointed!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Island Recreational?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Prices are cheaper than other big chain stores. People are very pleasant and there are many locations making it easy to find one in your area. Next time I need chlorine or phosphate free, I will definitely go there rather than a competitor.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I really enjoyed working with Island Recreational. I had some questions about an item I had ordered and was able to reach and speak with someone right away. They were very kind and more than helpful regarding my product and shipping. Having good customer service alone can make a company great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Our family stopped in on our way home from CT and they had a wide selection of pool items and prices were great! Customer service rep we had was great and he was nice and helpful! I definitely recommend stopping in!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Island Recreational is your to go to place. We had wonderful experience with their customer service. They were very friendly and answered any questions we had. My mother bought the Bestway Set Pool and the whole family and kids has enjoyed it. I would recommend them to everyone. I give them 2 thumbs up!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Your service is amazing and always so friendly and seem to have what I need. The prices are just a bit steep but the stuff is quality so it's worth paying a little more money. I will be shopping there more in the future. We need stores like this around my area.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Island Recreational has the best customer service. We go for our our pool and swimming supplies. I love how friendly they are. They also have amazing deals. I am highly satisfied! We will definitely shop here more! My kids love all of their amazing inflatable products!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

They are amazing and so very kind to be doing all these giveaways like they do!❤️ I just love following them to see what's next and how they will change someone's life just by picking them. I will continue to follow everyday. Congrats to all the winners so far???

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Absolutely best service and prices. Recommend to everyone! I hope everyone takes advantage of their wonderful deals. The employees are so helpful and nice. My friends went there too and absolutely loved the store. It is clean and uncluttered.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I have not had the cash to purchase from Island Recreational yet, but I do consider how generous they are as to such kindness of their hearts and company to have a chance at winning such an Amazing gift from IslandRecrealtional.com. Thanks so much.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Great store and great products! They are great to work with and have everything you need. So many cool floats and accessories for your in ground or above ground pool! Very helpful in sharing information and answering questions. My go to pool store!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I recently purchased an above ground pool system from all the way in Ohio, as a Birthday gift, for my twin nephews that live in Long Island, NY! The customer service team was excellent and helped me pick out the perfect pool for them and then had their installation team take care of the rest! They came and leveled the ground, installed the pool and all the equipment, and they even gave them a free solar cover! They kept in contact with me the entire time and made me feel very confident in my purchase decision! I would highly recommend them to anyone that's looking to buy a pool, whether it's above ground or in ground!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

This pool is amazing, great service. Went a few times. But the kids all had fun while we were there, would recommend coming back more. Next time I'll bring more friends and family to all have some fun. And we can stay a few days in a hotel or something.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I just want to say thanks to the Sat AM staff members. Everyone was very helpful and patient as I browsed through the aisles gathering my end of season pool closing supplies. Thanks for the great tips and pointers. See you guys next summer. I know next year's pool opening will be a successful one!!! Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

This business is amazing! I love their products! They absolutely have such great customer service! I would seriously most definitely recommend this business to all my family and friends! COME SHOP AND YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!! After you shop you should totally leave a review and recommend your family and friends to the awesome business!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

This is a great offer. It give everyone a chance to win a prize and have fun for the summer time. Plus it also give people a chance who want a pool but don't have the type of money like that to get one build in.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I will recommend this company and their prices to all of my family and friends. Their staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about their products. Will keep my business here due to all factors listed and then some. Btwn prices and staff this is where it's at.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

This I should an amazing place! They have anything and everything you can imagine or need! They have great can't beat prices with amazing customer service! Recommend to everyone! If you are unsure of what you want or need then don't hesitate to come here! They have the nicest people with amazing patience! Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have family in NY and visit the store every time I go. Their prices are amazing. The customer service is awesome. When they have a sale it's such a bargain. I try to make room in the van so I can purchase it even if I already have some items. I have never had a bad experience only great ones.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Island Recreational is the best place for all your pool needs. Ranging from hot tubs to pool and wide selection of floats. You'll find all you need with professional and friendly customer service. Here you're not treated as just another customer you're treated as family.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Island Recreational is great! I always find what I'm looking for, staff is very helpful and friendly and the store is always clean. They have great prices and a huge selection. I would definitely recommend this store to all of my friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Looks to solve customer concerns and provide quality. They carry a large selection of items and if one store doesn't have it they will find another store that does. My only issue was with how long took to purchase and leave the store with the item as that process took a long time.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Always able to get an answer & find supplies. Very accommodating. They have hoses, fittings, liners, filters, chemicals, hardware & knowledgeable staff & sales people to answer & solve even your most ridiculous pool questions. Also pool installations. Come down to Island Rec & relax for the summer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Love the Franklin Square store. The staff is Always helpful and shelves always stocked. Great deals and sales. Good quality items!! Definitely would recommend to friends who have pools and also to friends who don't but may be interested in getting a pool!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Outstanding doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this store. They've never let me down when it comes to having great merchandise at a great price. I would definitely recommend Island Recreational to anyone and everyone in any state.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Island Recreational had all my swimming pool needs and more. So much to choose from for your swimming pool and swimming pool area... They have very inventive and fun products and their products are made very well. I would go back every summer.

Island Recreational Company Information