Viking Pools

Reading, MA

Compare Pool Companies

Research top Pool Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The people there are very nice and attentive. They always answered all of my questions and were happy to do so. I found that they all seem to enjoy their jobs and are pleasant to do business with. They certainly had a large enough selection for me to have plenty of options to choose from. I was very pleased with all of the different styles and sizes. I would consider them a very good value. For the quality of the pool I received I think that the pricing was more than fair. I have never regretted my decision to go with them. I have found that the pool seems to be very low maintenance. I just have to make sure to change the filter on a regular basis. I have had no problems that required me to call for service.

They have great customer service with people who really want to help you get what you want. They are always willing to answer your questions and get back to you in a timely manner. They have a great variety of supplies. The pool designs range from rectangle, kidney, classic, custom lap pools and spas. With so many offered everyone is bound to find something that they will like and is suitable for them. The value is a great value. They are reasonably priced but are of good quality. They are fun to have and are easy to obtain. They also add to the value of your home. The maintenance is very easy. You can maintain them yourself and it is easy to show other people how to maintain them. If you would prefer to hire someone to maintain them that is also easy to do.

The service is unmatched. I have never got such great service from another place. I will come back again and again for a long time to come. The variety is outstanding. It is one of the top in its class. I love the variety I get out of them and I will not switch to another service in the future. They got me hooked. It is completely worth what you pay. I got to say the best out there. I looked at a lot of prices to just to come back to this one every time completely happy and way happier.

Very helpful and patient. Friendly. They answered our questions about pricing and what we could get for our budget, what they would recommend. They offered pools for a variety of budgets. Many shapes and sizes to choose from and also accessories. Our family enjoyed picking out a pool. We were able to find a pool within our budget that we liked and wanted. We were even able to get some extras. We've had pools in the past so maintenance really wasn't an issue for us. But they do give you information on how to care for your pool so that probably helps the novices out there.

From the start to the finish the customer service was the best out there. Daily checkups on the process and they really care about you the customer. I would recommend this company. The difference here is the vast variety of pools. From a little wading pool for the little ones to a full-size Olympic pool they have what you need. The value is when you dive in and get cooled off right then and there. The value is knowing you have one of the best pools made. Nothing like a dip in the pool on a hot and sunny day. Easy to maintain on a daily basis and they give you a daily maintenance schedule or weekly so it's definitely not a major problem in keeping your pool running worry free. This is a great tool to have and use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Pools?

I found Viking Pools to be wonderful. They were so helpful and made my decision to install a pool for my family an easy one. I was on the fence a bit and they truly helped guide me and made such an awesome experience. They had quite a variety of everything there. It was wonderful. And my consultant made it so easy to look and find everything. They were so organized and it made it so much easier to go through everything. I was quite happy with the value of it all. It was a good value for the money I spent. Buying and installing a pool is not the most inexpensive thing in the world, but they made it worth my while. So far I am happy with the maintenance. We just installed our pool very recently and so far upkeep has been easy. The salespeople there really helped to guide me in the right direction as to what I would need and what I needed to do.

I bought a Namco pool. They are in cahoots. After four years on a 50-year warranty, the liner let go. I called the installer who originally installed it. He seemed okay then. Well, I've since read a lot of complaints about him. He came out in March 2011 and said it was covered. I filed with Namco, they said it was covered and then they wanted me to pay. I told the woman that I shouldn't have to.

Namco Corporate told this guy that I wasn't going to pay. He never came back. Meantime, I'm sitting here, waiting, calling both parties so my pool can be repaired and neither called back. Well, I find his home phone number and get him live. He didn't know what to say. I asked why he hadn't called and he said well, I'm just so booked. He's full of it, too. After listening to his lies, I finally pried it out of him that the girl in CT told him and I said I wasn't going to pay anyone. I told him no, she lied. I said I shouldn't have to pay for any of this! So he decided to leave me high and dry. I got news for all of them. Wait until it hits the papers. I'm not one who sits on stuff.

I recently purchased a pool at Namco in Salem, NH. They give a list of installers and the sales person at Namco recommended Viking Pools, so I called them. I dealt with Steve who appears to be the owner and/or supervisor. The appointment was scheduled 2 weeks in advance and while making the appointment, I asked if he would need to preview my yard as I have a retaining wall in front of my house. Steve said it shouldn't be a problem. The night before the appointment, Steve called to insure that he could get a Bobcat in the yard. I again told him of the retaining wall and he then said, "Forget it. I can't do the job then." I told him he should have told me this 2 weeks ago when I spoke to him about the wall and he was silent. He left me in a situation wasting 2 weeks at the height of pool season.

Thankfully, my neighbor let me use his yard to get the Bobcat through and I called Steve back. He begrudgingly kept the appointment. He showed up 2 hours late and appeared to be angry from the beginning. When he arrived, I had my electrician there finishing up the work to bring electric out to the pool. Steve started complaining that he needed electricity to do the job. At this point, the pool was still sitting in boxes in the yard and had not been touched yet! The electrician told him that he should be all set in about 10 minutes. To this, Steve replied that he "this was my problem" while pointing his finger in my face and that he "did not install pools during the midday sun when it was hot." Maybe he should think about going into snowplowing then! Needless to say, the pool got put up but I was very worried about the job because of his hostility. To add to the fuel, I had to bring my 10-year old daughter inside the house as the foul language Steve and his two drones were using would have embarrassed even a truck driver!

We finished filling the pool today and when I started the filter up for the first time, it was leaking from every possible area and all hoses. They did not put the filter together right and water was now leaking furiously out of the pool. Of course, Steve will not return my phone calls. As I write this, I have another pool company coming to repair the mess Viking Pools made. It is a costly mistake but I want to have a pool for my family and can't wait and hope that Steve will make his shoddy work right. Whatever you do, do not use Viking Pools. I have worked with a lot of contractors over the years and they are by far the worst I have ever dealt with.

Viking Pools Company Profile