Best Pool Companies
Updated on 11/06/2017
In 2014, more than 400,000 new pools and hot tubs were installed at homes in the United States. This number was an increase from the preceding year, and industry experts expect this trend to continue.
Everyone interested in installing a pool will have to answer a long list of questions: will it be indoor or outdoor, above or below ground, large or small, heated or not, etc. Pool professionals can help consumers figure out what features they want in their pool and what options are possible given their space and landscaping limitations.
Compare Reviews for Top Pool Companies
|Anthony & Sylvan Pools|
Read 1251 Reviews
Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a company that has been building pools for customers since 1946. The company specializes in designing, installing and maintaining custom-designed pools for residential and commercial customers.
|Blue World Pools|
Read 653 Reviews
Blue World Pools is a leading specialist in above-ground pools. The company offers mid-line and classic model pools to homeowners, and Blue World Pools both sells and installs the pools for all of its customers.
|Blue Haven Pools & Spas|
Read 341 Reviews
Blue Haven Pools builds affordable concrete (gunite/shotcrete) pools with exclusive features to automate care, save water & energy, and purify with virtually no chlorine. Free in-home estimate & custom 3D design.100% Financing oac
|Jandy Pro Series|
Read 237 Reviews
Jandy Pro Series is a leading brand of pool products owned by Zodiac Pool Systems. Jandy's premium pool & spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, chlorinators, heaters, and award-winning automation solutions
|Namco Pool & Patio Equipment|
Read 383 Reviews
Namco Pool and Patio Equipment specializes in parts, accessories, furniture and decor for both pools and outdoor spaces. They also provide game room furniture and accouterments like billiards tables, bars and more.
Read 419 Reviews
Island Recreational is a company that specializes in the sale of above-ground and semi-above-ground pools. In addition to selling pools, the company also offers pool care, pool maintenance and white-glove pool service.
Read 19 Reviews
Endless Pools has been in business for 25 years, and the company has sold more than 20,000 pools. The company produces custom 16-inch propeller pools, which allows people to install a pool and get exercise even in a small space.
Read 92 Reviews
Located in Lancaster, New York, Kayak Pool Corporation is a company that specializes in high quality in-ground pools. The company also offers spas, pool construction services and instructional videos to help customers.
Read 10 Reviews
Viking Pools is a pool company that was founded in 1975 in Northern California. Today, the company offers a wide range of pool designs, and it is the largest manufacturer of fiberglass composite pools in North America.
|Premier Pools and Spas||Read 6 Reviews|
In business for more than 25 years, Premier Pools and Spas is a leading builder of residential pools. The company has retail locations across the United States and has built more than 35,000 custom-designed pools.
What features matter most in a pool?
Price lists for pool companies vary greatly. The price can depend on the amount of work needed and the type of pool consumers are installing or repairing.
- Installation: How much does it cost to install the type of pool you want? There are many factors involved in this and many ways to keep costs down.
- Materials: What type of materials does the company use and what is the price difference between them?
- Repairs: Does the company perform repairs? If so, does it have annual maintenance fees or do consumers pay for individual repairs?
Customer service is an important part of dealing with any company, and pool companies are no exception. The amount of staff that a company has and how they are able to address customer issues are both important factors in choosing a pool company.
- Staff size: Do they service pools with just a small team, or do they have a big network of people ready to help when needed? It is important to work with companies that have a ready and available staff.
- Contact: Some companies have online help, while others have an office number or a large call center that can field your calls for help.
- Service: Customer service also includes pool repair staff that shows up at your house to clean your pool. Will they be on time and responsible when they are working with you?
Pool companies sometimes specialize in certain types of pools or materials.
- Indoor pools: Indoor pool companies have the equipment and ability to install and service indoor pools in both commercial and residential settings.
- Outdoor pools: Outdoor pool companies need special equipment to install and service outdoor pools. Pools built in colder climates need to be winterized, and a pool cover is likely necessary.
- Pool services: Some pool companies do not provide pool installation, instead they focus on pool services to help maintain the cleanliness, health and aesthetic beauty of a pool.
Pool companies offer a wide range of products, and choosing the right one depends on the products and materials that will fit your needs.
- Material quality: Companies make pools from different materials, including stone, concrete, and vinyl-lined. It's important to choose a company that offers the materials that are in the right price range and that work well in your climate.
- Design: Some pool companies offer unique designs or can work with buyers to achieve the design they have in mind. Other companies simply offer standard pool designs, like a circular or rectangular shape.
- Features: In addition to building a pool, many companies offer additional features. These features could include slides, lighting, solar heaters, diving boards, pool alarms and more.
Pool companies have to first put together a design before they can begin building a pool and they do so using a number of different methods.
- Contractors: Certain companies will contract out the design work to someone else or another company. If this is the case, find out which designers they use and what their reputation and work is like.
- By Hand: Some companies do the design work in-house, by hand, on a piece of graph paper. It is much like how an architect sketches.
- Software: Some pool companies use advanced computer software to do their design work. All three of the methods work, the preference depends on the consumer's needs and wants.
Whether a pool company focuses on building and installing pools or on fixing and cleaning alone, it should be able to offer repair services. These services can vary, and it's important to understand what the company can offer you.
- Regular maintenance: If you own a pool, it is going to need regular maintenance. Some pool owners choose to take care of pool maintenance themselves, while others prefer to outsource it to a pool company. Some of the maintenance requirements are cleaning and vacuuming the pool, checking and replacing the filters and valves, testing water balance, pH, calcium hardness and total alkalinity levels, and more.
- Chemicals: Find out what chemicals a pool company uses to treat the water in a pool. The most common chemicals to use are chlorine and salt, but there have been recent trials for alternatives. Also, some companies charge a flat rate while others add charges for certain chemicals.
- Availability: Depending on whether you use a local pool company or a national one, it may be more or less available for repairs.
What are different types of pool companies?
Home pool installation
Home pool installation companies install various types of pools into personal residences. They should have the appropriate licensing for the work they are doing and have a wide selection of materials for consumers to choose from to meet their home pool needs.
Commercial pool installation
Commercial pool installation companies have the ability to install and work on pools in commercially zoned areas. It's important for them to be properly licensed to perform commercial installations and have the necessary work permits to do so.
Pool repair and maintenance companies
Many companies specialize in pool repair and maintenance, either for commercial pools or residential pools. This can involve regularly scheduled maintenance or as-needed maintenance when pool owners are having issues with their pools.
Above-ground pool installation
Some pool companies specialize in above-ground pools that require far less intensive construction and licensing than in-ground pools.
Who can benefit from a pool company?
Homeowners who want to install a new pool have a lot of things to take into consideration. They have to make sure they can install a pool without violating any of the local bylaws, and they also must decide what type of pool they would like. They should choose a pool company with fair prices and a wide selection of options that meet their specific needs.
Business owners who are in need of pool installation will likely want to go with a large company that has the capacity to build quickly, and potentially on many properties. They also may want to ensure that they can either get regular maintenance from the company or have an outsourced company that can maintain the pool.
For people who already own pools, they might just be looking for a company that can maintain the pool and help with any issues that come up over time. Owners should look for one that has good recommendations and client reviews - many pool companies shortchange their clients if they have a small staff and take on too many pool cleanings per day. Pool owners should make sure to choose a company that has a great reputation and a sizable staff to help them with their needs.
Property managers of residences, resorts, hotels or other types of property may be looking for pool companies to help them either install pools or to keep them regularly maintained. They have more liability than private pool owners because they have to obey city and state codes regarding public pools.
Pool company expert reviews
Anthony & Sylvan is a pool company that has been in business since 1946. It installs pools and does regular maintenance and cleaning. The company is known for its unique and custom pool design and it offers a lifetime structural warranty.
Blue World Pools provides both above-ground and in-ground pools. The company headquarters are in Nevada and they have been helping families and individuals install new pools for over 12 years.
Island Recreational offers a wide variety of pools, as well as pool care and maintenance. It has a number of stores in Long Island and New York, that customers are welcome to visit.
Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.
Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.
Pool Doctor is a pool design and maintenance business located in East Northport, Long Island. It has been in business for over 40 years.
Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.
Kayak Pools makes pools and spas based on the needs of its customers. It is a corporation, based in New York, that outsources to dealers and businesses to sell their pools nationwide.
Endless Pools has been installing all types of pools for over 25 years and has served over 20,000 customers. The company employs a team of architects, designers, engineers and customer service specialists to help design and install pools.
Royal Swimming Pools offers high-quality swimming pool kits for above-ground swimming pools. It also provides hot tubs and other pool accessories. They have been in business since 1987.
Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.
Compare Reviews for Top Pool Companies
|Pool Doctor||Read 12 Reviews|
Located in East Northport, New York, Pool Doctor offers a range of pool products. These include custom spas, free-form pools and geometric pools. The company has been in business in the area for more than 40 years.
Read 23 Reviews
Founded in 2007, Spa Castle offers customers spa treatment and aqua therapy facilities. These facilities include saunas, hot tubs and more. The company now has locations in Manhattan, College Point, and Dallas.
|Royal Swimming Pools||Read Reviews|
Royal Swimming Pools is a company that sells a range of pool products, including above-ground swimming pool kits, in-ground swimming pool kits and hot tubs. The company also sells a whole suite of pool accessories.