Best Pool Companies
Everyone interested in installing a pool will have to answer a long list of questions: will it be indoor or outdoor, above or below ground, large or small, heated or not, etc. Swimming pool companies can help homeowners figure out what features they want in their pool and what options are possible given their space and landscaping limitations.
Compare Reviews for Top Pool Companies
|Anthony & Sylvan Pools|
Read 1547 Reviews
Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a company that has been building pools for customers since 1946. The company specializes in designing, installing and maintaining custom-designed pools for residential and commercial customers.
|Blue World Pools|
Read 860 Reviews
Blue World Pools is a leading specialist in above-ground pools. The company offers mid-line and classic model pools to homeowners, and Blue World Pools both sells and installs the pools for all of its customers.
|Jandy Pro Series|
Read 416 Reviews
Jandy Pro Series is a leading brand of pool products owned by Zodiac Pool Systems. Jandy's premium pool & spa equipment includes a full line of pumps, filters, lights, chlorinators, heaters, and award-winning automation solutions
|Blue Haven Pools & Spas|
Read 406 Reviews
Blue Haven Pools builds affordable concrete (gunite/shotcrete) pools with exclusive features to automate care, save water & energy, and purify with virtually no chlorine. Free in-home estimate & custom 3D design.100% Financing oac
|Namco Pool & Patio Equipment|
Read 425 Reviews
Namco Pool and Patio Equipment specializes in parts, accessories, furniture and decor for both pools and outdoor spaces. They also provide game room furniture and accouterments like billiards tables, bars and more.
Read 421 Reviews
Island Recreational is a company that specializes in the sale of above-ground and semi-above-ground pools. In addition to selling pools, the company also offers pool care, pool maintenance and white-glove pool service.
Read 24 Reviews
Endless Pools has been in business for 25 years, and the company has sold more than 20,000 pools. The company produces custom 16-inch propeller pools, which allows people to install a pool and get exercise even in a small space.
Read 95 Reviews
Located in Lancaster, New York, Kayak Pool Corporation is a company that specializes in high quality in-ground pools. The company also offers spas, pool construction services and instructional videos to help customers.
|Premier Pools and Spas|
Read 9 Reviews
In business for more than 25 years, Premier Pools and Spas is a leading builder of residential pools. The company has retail locations across the United States and has built more than 35,000 custom-designed pools.
Read 25 Reviews
Founded in 2007, Spa Castle offers customers spa treatment and aqua therapy facilities. These facilities include saunas, hot tubs and more. The company now has locations in Manhattan, College Point, and Dallas.
|Pool Doctor||Read 12 Reviews|
Located in East Northport, New York, Pool Doctor offers a range of pool products. These include custom spas, free-form pools and geometric pools. The company has been in business in the area for more than 40 years.
|Royal Swimming Pools|
Royal Swimming Pools is a company that sells a range of pool products, including above-ground swimming pool kits, in-ground swimming pool kits and hot tubs. The company also sells a whole suite of pool accessories.
Read 10 Reviews
Viking Pools is a pool company that was founded in 1975 in Northern California. Today, the company offers a wide range of pool designs, and it is the largest manufacturer of fiberglass composite pools in North America.
Common pool questions
How much does a pool cost?
Pool installation costs vary depending on the type of pool you choose. Expect to pay at least $2,000 upfront for a pool, not including maintenance costs.
Above ground pools are the cheapest type of pool and cost anywhere from $1,500–$5,000. Fiberglass pools are inserted into the ground and can be a cost-effective alternative to a poured concrete pool, coming in around $15,000–$20,000. Poured concrete in-ground pools are the most expensive pools and cost anywhere from $15,000–$50,000.
While pool installation costs are the most expensive part of owning a pool, you’ll also have to pay for monthly upkeep and maintenance. Expect to pay around $200 a month on maintenance.
Does a pool add value to a home?
A pool can add value to your home, but it can also make it harder to sell. In the best circumstances, you can expect to increase your home’s value by up to 7 percent by adding a pool. If you live in a higher end neighborhood where most houses have pools, then installing a pool can add value and make your home easier to sell. However, if adding a pool makes your house the most expensive one on the block, it could make your home harder to sell.
The real value in adding a pool is your family’s improved quality of life. If installing a pool makes your home more enjoyable to live in, then it can still be worth it, even if you don’t end up recouping the costs.
What type of pool is best?
The main types of pools are fiberglass, concrete and vinyl. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Fiberglass and concrete are more expensive than vinyl, and they look nicer. Fiberglass has the lowest maintenance, which makes it a good option for homeowners who don’t want to spend a lot of extra time cleaning their pool. Choose the one that works best for your house, lifestyle and budget.
- Vinyl: Vinyl pools are the most affordable types of pools. They’re generally ready-made and can be installed quickly. They don’t look as nice as other types of pools, though. They’re a good option if you want an affordable pool and aren’t very concerned with how it looks. Keep in mind that you’ll need to replace the vinyl liner every 5–9 years.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass pools are next in line for affordability. They’re relatively fast to install and are more durable than vinyl pools. They’re also easier to maintain than concrete pools, which means you can spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it.
- Concrete: Concrete poured pools look the nicest and are the easiest to customize. They’re also the most expensive. If you have the money and want a pool that will make your home more appealing for visitors and buyers, then go with concrete.
How to choose a pool company
Pool companies sometimes specialize in certain types of pools or materials.
- Indoor pools: Indoor pool companies have the equipment and ability to install and service indoor pools in both commercial and residential settings.
- Outdoor pools: Outdoor pool companies need special equipment to install and service outdoor pools. Pools built in colder climates need to be winterized, and a pool cover is likely necessary.
- Pool services: Some pool companies do not provide pool installation. Instead, they focus on pool services to help maintain the cleanliness, health and aesthetic beauty of a pool.
Pool companies offer a wide range of products. Think about what you want from your pool when deciding which pool company to choose.
- Material quality: Pool companies make pools from different materials, including stone, concrete, and vinyl-lined. It's important to choose a company that offers the materials that are in the right price range and that work well in your climate.
- Design: Some pool companies offer unique designs or can work with buyers to achieve the design they have in mind. Other companies simply offer standard pool designs, like a circular or rectangular shape.
- Features: In addition to building a pool, many pool companies offer additional features. These features could include slides, lighting, solar heaters, diving boards, pool alarms and more.
Pool companies have to first put together a design before they can begin building a pool, and they do so by using a number of different methods.
- Contractors: Certain companies will contract out the design work to someone else or another company. If this is the case, find out which designers they use and what their reputation and work is like.
- By hand: Some companies do the design work in-house, by hand, on a piece of graph paper. It is much like how an architect sketches.
- Software: Some pool companies use advanced computer software to do their design work. All three of the methods work, the preference depends on the consumer's needs and wants.
Whether a pool company focuses on building and installing pools or on fixing and cleaning alone, it should be able to offer repair services. These services can vary, and it's important to understand what the company can offer you.
- Regular maintenance: If you own a pool, it is going to need regular maintenance. Some pool owners choose to take care of pool maintenance themselves, while others prefer to outsource it to a pool company. Some of the maintenance requirements are cleaning and vacuuming the pool, checking and replacing the filters and valves and testing water balance, pH, calcium hardness and total alkalinity levels.
- Chemicals: Find out what chemicals a pool company uses to treat the water in a pool. The most common chemicals to use are chlorine and salt, but there have been recent trials for alternatives. Some companies charge a flat rate while others add charges for certain chemicals.
- Availability: Depending on whether you use a local pool company or a national one, it may be more or less available for repairs.
Types of pool companies
Swimming pool company reviews
Anthony & Sylvan is a pool company that has been in business since 1946. It installs pools and does regular maintenance and cleaning. The company is known for its unique and custom pool design and it offers a lifetime structural warranty.
Blue World Pools provides both above-ground and in-ground pools. The company headquarters are in Nevada and they have been helping families and individuals install new pools for over 12 years.
Island Recreational offers a wide variety of pools, as well as pool care and maintenance. It has a number of stores in Long Island and New York, that customers are welcome to visit.
Namco started as a small, family owned and operated business in the early 1960s. Today, the company has a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse and 19 retail locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and New York. Many items can be purchased online and shipped anywhere.
Jandy Pro Series is a pool and spa product brand headquartered in Vista, California and founded in1958. In 2007, Jandy became a member of the Zodiac Pool Systems family of brands. Jandy offers a full line of professional-grade pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, valves, lights, automation systems and more.
Pool Doctor is a pool design and maintenance business located in East Northport, Long Island. It has been in business for over 40 years.
Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.
Kayak Pools makes pools and spas based on the needs of its customers. It is a corporation, based in New York, that outsources to dealers and businesses to sell their pools nationwide.
Endless Pools has been installing all types of pools for over 25 years and has served over 20,000 customers. The company employs a team of architects, designers, engineers and customer service specialists to help design and install pools.
Royal Swimming Pools offers high-quality swimming pool kits for above-ground swimming pools. It also provides hot tubs and other pool accessories. They have been in business since 1987.
Premier Pools and Spas have over 25 years of pool-building expertise. The company specializes in luxury pools and custom-designed pools.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.