4.52/5
Based on 206 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a pool company?

Currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island, New York

Island Recreational offers a variety of pools, spas and quality supplies to suit your needs. With customer service being a top goal, we strive to provide our customers with care and maintenance advice through our White Glove Pool Service. We currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. We pride ourselves in the best selection at the best prices and are happy to answer any questions you have on your new products and supplies.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

421 Island Recreational Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Outstanding doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this store. They've never let me down when it comes to having great merchandise at a great price. I would definitely recommend Island Recreational to anyone and everyone in any state.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Island Recreational had all my swimming pool needs and more. So much to choose from for your swimming pool and swimming pool area... They have very inventive and fun products and their products are made very well. I would go back every summer.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Their pools are amazing. They have an excellent quality in their products. They're a lot cheaper than places I've checked out, customer service is amazing not to mention the Giveaways Awesome. I would recommend my friends and family to shop at Island Recreational.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I would like to say I received my Tiger Shark Slide in time. Perfect slide for my grandson. Got to talk to all of the people that work there and I would say excellent customer service. I would recommend them to my friends and family. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Great customer service. They are very knowledgeable with answering your questions and are very prompt. Fast check out service and many products in stock. Will come back again and bring family and friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Island Recreational?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

They have your every pool need and more. My kid and myself go and get things we need. Their prices are very reasonable. I would recommend Island Recreational to everyone that has a pool. Their sales are great as well. I can't wait until next season.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Island Recreational has a Great selection for all your pool needs. They have a very Friendly staff and great prices from pools to floats etc. We would definitely recommend this store if you are looking to buy a pool or pool accessories for it!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

The company actually treats its customers as if they value them, something very rare in this day and age. That makes a huge difference for me on where to purchase from, without good customer service you can get stuck with a nightmare story on even the simplest fix. I trust that Island Recreational will be there for me if or when I ever need to contact them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Went in for help with pool supplies, came out with exactly what was needed (and of course some toys). Very helpful and knowledgeable. They explained how to treat the problem and how NOT to treat it (which is by far just as important). Prices were fair and the young gentleman that helped us did not seem to just rush us off but took time to make sure we had exactly what we needed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Island Recreational has always provided with what I need for my pools at an exceptional value!! It is my GO TO STORE for pool supplies!! My only wish is that they would open a store on the east end where there are more pools, a way of life out here!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I visited the Medford Location and was very pleased. They have everything you need for Summer Fun! I was surprised at all the products they carry. Everything from floats to pools. I highly recommend them if you want a Summer full of fun. The CS is very professional.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Great deal on above ground pool and professional and courteous installation. Employees are very knowledgeable on all products they sell. They took their time to explain all aspects of the equipment and installation procedure. Would do business with again anytime.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Great company, lots of customer service, lots of prizes. Has great items, lots of variety available. Very helpful website. Always answers questions in a timely fashion. Never a bad comment. Lots of followers. Great sales available. Very responsive. Love this company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I was impressed by the customer service that I received while I was trying to figure out what all I needed for the pool that I had chosen. I was able to get exactly what I needed with their help. I would recommend Island Recreational to anyone. A+++

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Sales people are always helpful. They have great prices for pool supplies if you join their club, which is free, and use the coupon codes. The sales people are cheerful and help you find what you need. They will test your pool water for free and recommend the appropriate treatments, if necessary.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Directed me to exactly what I needed. Everyone was helpful and attentive to my needs and understood my issues. Staff also helped me choose an assortment of floats for my grandson and made sure they were age appropriate.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Had a good experience recently speaking with a customer service representative. He was very polite and answered all of my questions. I have been in the Medford store and have always found better prices than the other local pool supply store.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Love the sales that Island Rec advertises. Products are always in stock. I also appreciate them storing many of the chemicals outside of the showroom which is more healthy. For any warranty related issue they honored the warranty with no problems.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

First and foremost, this companies customer service is fast and reliable. They get back to you immediately via email, phone or social media and ensure your happy with your purchase. Their products are fabulous as well. I am a happy customer.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

This place always has what I need and so much more. They have prices that cannot be beat and a Staff that treats you like family. This is my go to store for all my pool and Water sports needs. I am always like a kid in the candy store when I shop here. The Kids love it too.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have always loved going here. When friends ask where to get pool supplies, I direct them here. I have never had any issues! They have great prices and great staff at all locations. The website helps a ton too!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Pool filter purchased last year broke and they replaced part under warranty. No questions asked and no attitude! Service people were all very nice and extremely helpful. A great place to get all your pool needs. I was in and out with replacement part in less than 10 minutes.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I'm an experienced pool owner and we bought pumps and pool chemicals from Island Recreational Pools over the years. It was convenient to go with them. Purchasing is fairly easy although sometimes, particularly in the off-season, the store doesn't have much stock in it, but I managed to find almost everything I've looked for there. The sales and installation teams are good. For years, we had Island Recreational Pools open and close our pools, but they don't do that anymore. Overall, they are easy to work with and they have very pleasant people.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Island Recreational Pools' prices are more competitive than the other ones so we went with them. We got mostly pool chemicals from them. Their purchasing process was straightforward. We just go to a store and get the stuff but sometimes Saturdays during summer are crowded. Overall, it was a good experience. It's well-worth it to go there because the staff is knowledgeable, courteous and they don’t waste your time.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I wish zero stars was an option. I purchased a Bestway Steel Frame pool from the Hicksville store in April and my experience with Island Recreational has been nothing but a frustrating disaster! There is not enough space to list everything! My first problem was the fact that the sales people in store had little knowledge of the product. I had to see from an advertisement in Newsday that the pool came in a size other than the one we were told and purchased. I was to be called when the pool was in and that never happened. I had to go to the store to find out my pool was there and ready for pickup. I was provided incorrect information both from the store and your customer service number. The store is completely unorganized. The sales people don't know whether they are coming or going and the managers are extremely lacking.

We upgraded the filter and we find out today that - IN APRIL- we were not given all the parts to the filter to the vacuum portion is missing! We now have to wait at least four days for the part to be in and GO BACK to the store to check if it is in and be sure we can get one before they are all out. And there is NO WAY we are driving to Deer Park to the warehouse. The only silver lining in all of this is when we have our permanent pool put in, we will not be using Island Recreational. A very important lesson learned that we will share with others.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I've owned a pool for 30 years and I occasionally go to Island Recreational Pools to buy chlorine. I am not very happy with their procedures. Their advertising is poor and misleading. For example, there's a big advertisement on chlorine, X number of dollars for 24 pounds. When you go in there, it's not the normal chlorine that most people use. They're very small tablets. If I want the one I consider as normal, there's more money. They should put "This is for the small tablets" in their ad. Also, their computer system is not accurate and they're losing money because of that. I ordered something in the winter to pick them up in the spring and pay for them. I told them I want the big ones and when I went in the spring, the man came out with six buckets of big and small tablets. The whole system is screwed up. I would only use Island Recreational occasionally for special needs when the price is very, very reasonable.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I am an experienced pool owner and Island Recreational Pools's location is convenient. It's easy to purchase chemicals and inflatables from them and my interactions with the sales and installation teams were excellent. Overall, my experience has been very good.

Original review: June 25, 2017

I bought my 12 X 24 semi inground pool from the Deer Park location. The staff was great. Haley, John and Vera were awesome! Smithworks Inc. were terrific also. Mike and Joe did a great job with the installation. It came out perfect! Perfectly level, perfectly level!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I've been using Island Recreational for over 10 years. I go with them because of a product they have called Green Out, which is a shock for the pool to get the algae out. I also get all my pool supplies from them. Their reps are very helpful and knowledgeable. If I ask a question, it always gets answered and every time I walk in there, there's always someone to help out. It's been a very pleasant and awesome experience.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had a pool installed by Island Recreational Pools and have had it for 36 years. I buy everything from them. I've bought a pump, a filter, blow-ups and chemicals like chlorine. Their prices are usually very good. Buying from them is easy but if it’s crowded, it’s a little harder. If it’s not, there’s usually somebody there. Most of them are courteous and I've had a good experience with them.

Island Recreational Company Information