2. Homeowners
  3. Swim Spas

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Endless Pools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endless Pools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endless Pools?

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have one. An Endless Pool E-550 to be exact. I DO NOT work for nor am I paid from Endless Pools. I Bought from an Endless Pools dealer; not endless themselves. The dealer was very, very helpful and we paid -30% less than what Endless lists for. Options: Surround sound system, Treadmill, 4-piece cover. I am a competitive swimmer for the US Masters and swim about 4+ times per week. We actually bought this for the sake of my wife and her not being able to run on land because of her back. That problem is in check at least with this.

My wife and I swam at the local rec 4 days per week and both of our children are on swim team. With the pandemic and wanting to be back into the water plus offer some side benefits we went with the pool. Now, If we only swam one day a week it would have been a complete waste of money. We swim a lot and workout total 5–6 days per week. With the underwater treadmill, you will have a very good workout.

I’m a Home Brewer and Electrical Engineering student so I understand water chemistry very well. Therefore I do not pay anyone to monitor my pool. I only submit a sample once a month and go from there. YOU MUST understand water chemistry if you want to own one, else be prepared to hire someone to care for it, a local pool company perhaps.

***Pros:*** We installed into our 3rd stall of our garage to knock down costs, therefore, we only paid for electrical install, 2–3 heavy coats of white primer/sealer on all walls and ceiling, and the pool itself. Being as it is in the garage; leaves and other issues are non-problematic, no issues with phosphate due to rain either. Fills fast with a garden hose: 2,340 gallons with 2 garden hoses from house equated to only 3-hr 15-minutes to fill. Time may vary, but our water pressure is very good. Maintains heat very well; garage holds annually above freezing and below 80 in summer. Chemical control is a breeze, I do not have to put much effort in here. however, the caveat is; we heat ours to 82 F which is right about the competitive swimming temp. Anything above that you are certain to have chemical swings. Therefore once again; UNDERSTAND fully water chemistry.

Available whenever I want it, no rules, no waiting, no pool too hot or too cold. What better that just walking downstairs? I still love my local rec 9′ competitive pool though and will use it. 1/2″ thick acrylic shell construction, so it was a one piece delivery. No hassle, just find a level floor capable of supporting 220 pounds per square inch. Almost any garage floor will do as it is distributed weight and most cars weight about 3,280 pounds or about 820 lbs per tire and therefore around 820 lbs per square foot.

Adjustable swim current; I swim toward the top end of 65–100% and the current is even smoother yet at faster pace. Will immediately force you to correct your timing and/or stroke deficiency. At first I kept drifting to the right and could not figure out why. Adjusted my stroke and paid attention to it and now I can go 5+ minutes non-stop. Works best with Breast stroke, fly, free, back in that order. Butterfly is especially a good stroke here for timing, followed by breast.

After a long swim there are Jets in the back that go from your shoulder to your knees and all are adjustable from on/off and high/low flow. 23 jets to be exact. Underwater treadmill is ideal for anyone suffering from back issues. A very safe alternative to teaching someone how to swim. Water is shoulder height about 54″ deep. More than enough room to swim in. Even if you want to swim, others can still use the jets. The sound system is awesome! Lighting on both interior and exterior is a fun touch. Teaches consistency in your stroke (Pacing) being as the swim machine is constant, not variable. Ability to offer individualized practice for the swim team.

***Cons:*** 4-piece easy flip cover can be a hassle at times. But; you are gaining a lot of energy efficiency here so it is worth it. I would estimate 10–20% over the roll over one due to thickness and sealing. If your stroke is way off, the swim machine could have a hard time compensating the flow in a steady motion. However, it helps you correct a bad stroke quickly. The faster you go, the smoother it is. The smoother your stroke is, the compensation has no problem.

Cannot practice flip turns; maybe you could but I advise against it. No diving. That’s all I have for now.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Six weeks ago we installed a 14 ft x 8 ft pool, which is 48 inches deep, in a new Log cabin (5.4m x 4.4 m) in our garden. The installation was carried out very efficiently and effectively by Caldera Spas in Scotland. We love it. We bypassed the integral electrical heater in favour of a 12 KW air source heater located on the outside of the cabin, as it should be more cost effective, particularly during the summer months. We insulated the inside roof of the cabin with 250mm polystyrene overlaid with wet wall panelling. The pool itself is insulated with 500mm Kingspan plus 50mm polystyrene and clad in wet wall. No heat escapes from the sides and the 8mm foam cover, bought separately, is very effective covering.

We have fitted an ordinary bathroom extractor fan/humidistat and have a neat Meaco 20 litre dehumidifier in one corner, which is very economical to run and is keeping any humidity well under control. We coated the internal walls with **, which is a clear protective silicone which doesn’t darken the natural light colour of the wood. It seems to be very effective at resisting moisture /water ingress.

We always shower before using the pool and find controlling the chemical balance of the pool very straightforward, adding a couple of tablespoons of bromine every other day, occasionally adding a spoonful or two of PH plus. We change the filter every 7 -10 days. It could not be easier to do. We rinse and clean the filter under the kitchen tap using filter cleaning fluid and it looks brand new. The Endless pool is a great invention, a wonderful piece of kit and a great means for people who love swimming to indulge their passion whenever they desire. We are very lucky indeed to own one and would highly recommend it as a life/health enhancing product.

Get buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2019

The equipment was installed by an installer working without a licenses. A work stop ordered was issued and posted on my property because a permit was never issued. I highly recommend to purchase equipment by a local licensed pool company and DO NOT use the referral from Endless Pools company. Finally, a permit was generated 5 months later after securing a local licensed pool contractor and verifying the safety and installation of the equipment and meeting all the requirements set by the Building Permit Department. Please check with your local city or county for permitting. Endless Pools walked away from the problem and left me scrambling to resolve the issue on my own. They were no help!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We've had our pool installed for about 2 months, and it has broken twice in that time. Each time it has taken at least 2 weeks (or more) for it to be repaired. This is mainly because the only installer lives 2 hours away and has to order the parts and then make an entire day of it, so he waits until he doesn't have other jobs on his plate to come up. We really like using the pool, but so far, 50% of the time we've had it, it has been inoperable. For such an expensive piece of equipment, we really thought this would be a smoother process.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We have had an endless pool for about 7 years and even moved it once to new house. I have never had any issues with customer service which I have had to call a couple times. They walked me through figuring out when my pump impeller went out and how to find it and how to get air out of the system. We have found that the water quality is easy with just using bleach every time you swim in it 1/4 cup. In those 7 years have only had to replace, liner when moved, impeller pump (sucked up label off kids toy), and swim pace display (but was used outside for extended time got water in it). They are not cheap but we have had great service from them and a quality product.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My husband and I purchased a home with an Endless Pool already installed. The pool has worked wonderfully. However, recently Anchorage experienced a rather substantial earthquake and our pool developed a leak. I emailed the company asking for referral for a repair service. They responded by telling me I needed to first call customer service to have the file transferred to my name before they would provide this information. So instead of providing me help to stop the pool from flooding my house and the potential resulting water damage, I have to jump through administrative red tape.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My wife did a lot of research on pools before deciding on Endless Pool five years ago. She is the swimmer and she loves this pool. I maintain the pool and I was surprised to see that some thought it very difficult. I use Clorox bleach about 1/4 cup daily and it maintains the pool nicely. I guess it depends on how good your water is in the area you live. My wife always takes a shower before getting in the pool. She uses the pool about 4 times a week. It has greatly helped her recovery from a heart attack. And, when we have had to call to get service for problems with either the water or the build we found the representatives patient and knowledgeable.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Endless Pools seems to be one of those companies that try and get you at every angle. If you happen to sell your pool or buy one secondhand they charge a $500 registration fee in order to purchase parts from them. Yes that's right. $500 for the opportunity to buy parts at a highly inflated price! They won't even recommend a technician to repair anything without the registration fee paid! In my opinion a company should stand behind their product no matter what, not look to gouge the customer because they need service. But they've figured that their product needs constant parts and service and realized they can force customers to pay extra just to upkeep their pools!

Resolution response: July 8, 2018

A customer service rep from Endless Pools contacted me after my initial review. They did seem concerned about the situation and sent a replacement part. I did appreciate the effort.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I am reinstalling a Fastlane pool indoors and one of the contractors accidentally broke a small piece on the heater. I emailed EP to find out if I could buy a replacement part, did not hear back. Called customer service, got a salesman who tried to sell a whole new heater, over $400, to replace a small part having a value of maybe $2. He told me that EP does not stock parts for its products, buying a new heater was the only option. He really pushed to sell me a new heater and did not seem at all interested in trying to find a solution to my problem. This was a salesperson not a customer service person. They have changed since I bought the product and now seem mostly interested in racking up $$$$. This is an expensive product and I'd expect a higher level of customer service. Really wonder how much longer they will be in business if they treat all their customers like they treated me.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The maintenance for chlorine is promoted as super simple, but it's not. At least it hasn't been for me. I feel like I have spent more time and money on excessive chlorine just to get my test strip to register than actually enjoying my swim spa. I wish it were like advertised and less hassle. Not feeling too happy with it right now. 3 months into ownership of Swim Spa X500.

Endless Pools author review by ConsumerAffairs

Endless Pools has been installing all types of pools for over 25 years and has served over 20,000 customers. The company employs a team of architects, designers, engineers and customer service specialists to help design and install pools.

• Variety: Endless Pools provides a variety of spas and swimming pools to meet its customer's needs.

• NSF-50 certified: The pools are NSF-50 certified and meet the highest standards in the country.

• Fitness pools: In addition to regular models, Endless Pools offers fitness pools, including sculpted hydrotherapy pool seats.

• Toll-free support: The company offers lifetime toll-free support for any issues with its pools.

• Custom design: Endless Pools offers custom pool design and can design specialized pools to meet customer's needs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team