4.56/5
Based on 180 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Blue Haven Pools offer inground custom designs to meet your design & budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with 3D virtual reality software. Best of all, our state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

327 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

We just moved to Louisiana and don't know anyone yet. So we go to Home Advisor for all our home improvement needs. A pool is a must down here and Blue Haven came up first. When we sat down with the owner Robert **, he assured us that a supervisor would be on site at every phase. The only time I saw one was at the dig, it went well and he spoke English because the workers didn't. No supervisor at the rebar, pipping, electric or gunite. No phone calls to tell us that they were coming that day. The rebar people jumped our fence to get in the backyard, that's trespassing in my book. Piping and electric went well. The rebar was a disaster. No one spoke English, no barrier was put up to protect my house and garden and when they ate their meal, they threw the chicken bones in my yard along with their other trash. My dog found the bones and was choking on them and then threw up in the house.

My plants look like hell along with the back of my house. To top it off someone came, who spoke English, near the end and wanted a check and a signature for the gunite. On all these occasions I called the owner and he was never available so I left messages, no return calls either. He had also told me in the beginning that if we agreed to let him put up one of his signs on our front lawn we would be given $100. Today we went to his store to see him face to face and he just blamed everyone else, not his fault. I asked about the $100 and he said that he never said that to us. LIAR, FAKER, BAD representative for a good company. He could clearly see how distraught I was over everything. I asked to be compensated by giving us the salt system at half price. He then told me he already threw in enough for free. I'm still sick to my stomach and still know that I have to deal with this company till the end. So sad!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 16, 2018

Blue Haven made the pool of one of my friends in the neighborhood. That friend told us about them and we liked their pool. The gentleman who came out who had spoke with my friends, showed us several different designs and then we ended up choosing the one that my friend had. He said that one was popular down here. And since we wanted a smaller sized pool it fit well for our yard.

The construction process was kind of lengthy because once they did the initial dig and started the process, we had a little tropical depression that dumped 12 inches. And then they were delayed a little bit for that. And then we had another one, which was a small hurricane but it ended up really not being as bad as the tropical storm. Though it was still delayed a few more weeks because of bad weather and rain. Our pool took an extra probably month and a half to complete with the process of it.

The contractor that was sent over was really good. Any time that I had a question, I've contacted him and he answered everything or came back if it was something we needed him to look at. It's sort of like a heart-shaped at one side but it kind of rounds out. And we have a tanning ledge in it and it was very nice. The maintenance is also very easy. My husband cleans the filter from the system itself. He'll take them out and hose them down the way they told him. And he cleans the skimmer daily. There's really hardly any maintenance. People asked us about our pool and we recommended it. They did a great job. Everyone is really good like from the girl in the office. She was very, very nice and contacted us daily to let us which crew would be out on which day to do each step. They communicated very well with us.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2018

Came home to a flooded backyard from water which was drained out of a pool being constructed by "Blue Haven Pools" at 12 Laura Elizabeth court in Mansfield Texas. The construction crew drained the pool into the neighbor's yard at 13 Laura Elizabeth court, where our "ground based Transformer" is, which powers our entire neighborhood. The neighbor at 13 Laura Elizabeth court confronted the workers when he noticed the flooding and their response was they did not have a hose long enough to reach the street. The water has been draining into my yard for the greater part of the day. It's now 5 pm and there is still water standing in my backyard.

I called the number on the sign in the front yard and was told I called the wrong number, and should have called the construction office. And that was that in her book, Tough luck, Call somebody who cares!!! In short if you value your neighbors and your neighborhood DO NOT HIRE "BLUE HAVEN POOLS"! I will never call them and will spread the word of their invasive practices.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas response

We saw your post and want to apologize for our crew’s activity that caused water to enter your yard. Blue Haven has built more than 20,000 pools in north Texas, and while we do our best to ensure a smooth construction process, human error does sometimes occur. We do our best to learn from anything that goes wrong so we can put measures in place to prevent a repeat. Our corporate office reached out to the local general manager to alert him to your post; apparently he had already reached out to you to apologize and to ask if your yard had any damage that his team needed to repair. He also indicated he had arranged for a staff member to visit your home—as well as your neighbor’s—to leave a note with contact information. We are sorry for the mishap, and again, should the runoff rainwater have caused any damage, we will take steps to remediate your yard.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We had a consultation with the Blue Haven rep on what we were looking for and it went really well. We worked with a guy named Tony on it. And between some stuff that we needed to get taken care of in the backyard and everything, we basically told them what we were looking for and they used the computer program to do a mock-up of our house and what the pool would look like. It was cool. And as we were getting it going Tony was very involved. He came out to our house two or three times and then we met in person at their store about four times.

The construction was a little complicated. We had to get a tree and a gas line moved, so we were responsible for that. So it delayed the start a little bit. Once we got started, it was fine. They excavated out a decent amount of dirt and land. Everything went smooth. There were a couple of weeks that they weren't behind, but there wasn't a lot of work happening. I think Tony may have had some stuff going on personally so communication did get a little rough during the middle of the construction phase. We had to call and then try to get some updates on what was going on. But they ended up getting it done and it has been great. The entire process, once they actually started on the pool, only took seven weeks.

The pool is a 15 x 32 rectangle with a border around the outside that's pretty thin. And then there's a sunny patio that they put in. There's a sunny area, ledge at the one shallow end of the pool. That ledge was my favorite. And we did like the darker finish. The water looks like a darker blue than it it’s like what you usually see in a pool. We got the top of the line filter system and it was easy to maintain and use. It does a good job. I'd recommend them.

They have a new GM in there and she's been great to work with. If we need anything, she always get through their service or they have the construction guys follow up on us. I asked them to come back out because they did a retaining wall for us, as well. And they had the sub-contractor come back out because we wanted to extend it. I don't know if we can get a hold of them to do that because they're using a sub-contractor. But once we talked to Michelle, she had it done literally within a week.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Our neighbors had a pool built by Blue Haven. I spoke with them, told them we're interested in a pool. They sent a designer out and we went over some things that we wanted in the pool. And a few days later he drafted something up and gave us a proposal and some pictures. They arranged a pool loan. They just directed us to a company named GreenSky and I spoke with them and knocked it out quite quickly.

We waited about six weeks when they broke ground. Then they did the plumbing, the electrical and the finishing work. All in, it took about 12 weeks. It is a free-form pool and the back wall is elevated. The people at Blue Haven are upfront and they do a good job. The back end and the customer service and things like that are extremely slow but if they're prepared for some customer service on the back end, then they should be fine. They were nice to work with and chances are, if we had to do another pool, we'd be far more prepared going in a second time around. But we're more likely to use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: April 1, 2018

Blue Haven sent their certified pool guy out with his laptop, saw what we wanted and we laid it out in the yard. They designed it all in one evening. It couldn't have been a better experience. It took about four weeks from the time they broke ground to getting it done. I got the app for the phone to control everything. So there’s an automatic chlorinator on it. There were a couple of little changes that I made along the way and they just knocked it out. As soon as I mentioned something here or there, they told me that could do it. They were good folks to work with and everything went smoothly.

Original review: March 29, 2018

When I got interested in having a pool, I took quotes from a few people and then reached out to Blue Haven and met with John at his office. We discussed the idea and the budget. We had another two or three meetings with my wife at the house, looking over where we expected the pool to be. All in all, it was great. There was a lot of communication and the design process was awesome. John came at night at my office one time and brought his computer to show the final project. We met at his office twice. He was always very pleasant, super helpful, really good descriptions and very transparent. Our interactions were awesome.

The construction went fairly smooth, but if there was a little bit more coordination on the front end then it could’ve gone smoother. We had a bit of a hiccup coordinating with our landscaping contractors around the start date. And it was spring time, so we were trying to cooperate with the weather too. So, the construction was pushed back a little bit from expectations and the process from start to finish took longer. And there were delays with concrete. But the contractors were respectful of us being in our property, and coming in and out where we have a giant dog. We broke ground in early March and the pool wasn’t completed until July.

We already had some pretty creative thoughts around the pool in what we wanted to do. When John came in, the hot tub was gonna be in a full corner and he pulled it out a little bit to give us some more inside square footage on the pool, which was really helpful. After that, it was collaborative. Me and my wife knew we wanted a modern rectangular pool with a swim-up bar area. And John was able to take our ideas and really make it work. He threw in the stairs and everything went really great. It was simple and that was what we wanted. The spa is incredible, too. The lights have been great also, and that was more of the surprise.

If someone asks about Blue Haven, I'll tell them to schedule an appointment and to go talk to John. He was very clear. He gave us a ton of details from the beginning. And we were new, so we didn’t really have a lot of information. He did a great job of painting the picture for us. In fact, I have a referral who’s asking me information already, so I’m gonna send it to them.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When I got a new pool, Blue Haven’s designer came out with one design and then I looked at other stuff and gave him another idea. After he redid it three times, he had the design. He always answered my calls and my questions plus, if I needed help, he was there. I made changes and did what I wanted. It took four weeks to put the pool but the longest part was getting the permits which took three weeks. My pump leaked since it was done and the team who did the work came out and fixed it. We’ve only had three weeks with the pool so we haven’t really enjoyed it but so far, the SmartPure Ozone is good. Blue Haven did a good job and if anyone asks, they should get them. I referred three people to Blue haven already and when I build my new home, then I’ll use them again.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Blue Haven out of Metairie built my pool less than 2 years ago. First of all they concreted the plans completely upside down which my steps are on the other side from my porch walkway. Second the vacuum broke. I mailed it to them and they wouldn’t mail it back. I ended up putting out another $499 and bought another. I started having suction problems when starting my pool up this spring. I called and asked if they could come make a service check. After several phone calls to the Metairie office and promising to come and assured me they would call since I am 2 hours from them. No show after 3 or more weeks. I called the customer service in California who never contacted me back.

One day I went to the doctor and guess who came? No call before till they knocked on my door and no answer. I called the missed call 15 minutes and said, "Can you come back?" and he said no. I call the Metairie office once again to complain only to get the owner Robert who belittles women. Told me I could call Customer service till I’m blue in the face that he owned this coming. Needless to say I let him know what a crappy service set up he had sending workers out on a 2 hour drive service call not even scheduling with the pool owner. Did he think that I just sit home and wait. What I did was contact a pool company in Baton Rouge who referred me to another who was so helpful. I will never ever use Blue Haven in Metairie or recommend them ever.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Blue Haven sent a salesman out and he sat down with us and told us all about the different options that they offered, as far as the waterfalls or the choices we had for the pavers. But, we didn’t like him. I wanted to consider the depth of the pool to go from four feet to six feet, but he insisted that it would not be good and that I wouldn’t want that. He told us that we had to go with the designs that he had drawn up already and he didn’t let me make decisions. So we decided to get a price from somebody else. But since a friend of mine had such good results from Blue Haven, we decided to go with them and we signed a contract with the salesman but it wasn’t what I wanted. So when we went to Blue Haven office, we talked to the owner and he let us change everything that we had decided on and what we really wanted. Also, he took us out to his house to look at his pool and we liked him a lot.

Nancy, the lady they gave me for financing, did the application over the phone and the payment comes from Lendkey. Stephanie from the Blue Haven Office did a really good job in helping me pick the colors because I was not good with that. Matt, the guy that does the pool training class on how to keep the system working was really good, too. He was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the system and how it worked. And Darryl, the guy led the construction team through every phase of it, was phenomenal. They started installing in April and it was done in May, which was within the timeframe that he told to us. The pool had been in for almost a year now and he would still come to our house if I need him to.

On the installation, they were supposed to do the granite on one particular day but something happened with the company that they were using. So they had to go with another company that they had not used before. So, when they came to do the granite, they brought the trucks and the owner of the granite company and the owner of the pool company was there. All the people came to see how this new company was going to do in doing the granite on the pool. It was aggravating at first because the installation was delayed but the pool looked really good once they were done. The lighting of the pool is the best for me but I like the waterfalls too, and I love the vacuum system I have on it. I would tell my friends to use Blue Haven.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I worked for a builder and Blue Haven has done 20 pools in my neighborhood in the last year so they came very highly recommended. I knew nothing about building a pool and David, the gentleman who helped me build it drew up the plans. I approved them and it went nice, smooth and easy. I was very happy with them. David was a good salesperson and knew what he was doing. I had no issues with him and I would recommend him to other people. I'd tell them that I had a great experience with Blue Haven pools and I used David, give them his card and tell them to give him a call.

During construction, they had various crews that came out. They had a job site superintendent and a lady in the office that was the head of production and she was always in contact with me. It was the same way with the superintendent who oversaw everybody. When they had scheduled the work to be done, they were never late or disruptive. They told me I'd be done in April and it wouldn't get started until 1st of March because of the permits so I knew they were right on time. I never had any issues and I had a great experience with everybody.

I have a very small backyard and I wanted to fill it up but not overdo it so I have a basic pool. They showed me how to operate the SmartPure Ozone and I do day-to-day or week-to-week maintenance of the pool. I also have it tested every couple of weeks and they tell me what I need. I personally clean it and the Ozone is so easy to clean. My friends have asked me about Blue Haven in the past and they’ve come highly recommended by me and I can name 12 other people in my neighborhood that would do the same. Blue Haven is an excellent company and I’m very pleased with them. They stay in touch with me all the time so if I ever have a problem, I just pick up the phone and they’ll send somebody out to fix it.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Blue Haven went over what I liked, what my expectations were and my budget. They did the drawing right in front of me so they made it easy, and what they designed was exactly what I wanted. I wanted to pay cash so I paid based on what was next on the list, like when they were coming to do the screen, I paid the screen guy. Blue Haven offered a lot of things and made some recommendations but I kept it simple. I like the water fountains and where I can put the umbrella. I have a little tropical landscaping around the pool but this winter killed all my plants. As soon I replant them, which should be this weekend, I'm going to send them a picture so they can see the final product. I've told a couple of people about Blue Haven already. I had a really good experience and I can't wait for summer.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Our interaction with Blue Haven's design consultant was quick and easy. I designed the pool myself and we just went over the size of the pool. I also designed some water bowls which are my favorite part of the pool. The construction could have been done sooner if they didn't have so many projects. We had some weather delays as well. But I spoke with a supervisor and he was wonderful. Any concerns I had, he made sure that it was done correctly and to my expectations. In the end, the process took four weeks and it went well. The whole system is not very complicated to run. The whole machine is flawless and it's definitely worth the investment.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We are very happy with Blue Haven. Their design process was excellent. We changed our mind a couple of times and they went with the flow and helped us get exactly what we wanted. The construction, for the most part, went very smoothly and they were within the timeline that was set. There were a couple of very small glitches which were to be expected, but we had no complaints. Everybody worked really well and we were pretty happy with them. They took the time to explain things to us, what they were doing and why, and they did what they needed to do when it was time to do it. They were usually very responsive, too. If I called, I normally got an answer the same day. Somebody would also call me back and let me know what was going on. In addition, the screen company that did the screen enclosure was exceptional. They worked extra hours and came in on a holiday to finish up for us.

The hardest thing was that some of the crew members that came out didn't speak English. That hampered things a little, but we got through it and we could communicate. Plus most of them had at least one guy that spoke English. Other than that, we've been swimming in the pool every day and we're enjoying it. We have a shelf in the deep end that has jets coming out of it that we really enjoy and we've got deck jets that the kids are loving. We have a panel that's up in our bathroom, right inside from the pool that controls everything. The paving also looks great and we really like it. We would recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Blue Haven was great. I sat down with Mike who is the owner, and he was with Keith. I told Mike what I was looking for and they made an appointment to come out to our house to plot it and see what the land looked like. He drew out close to what I had specified and they showed us the design. It sounded great and we went with it. They were always friendly, helpful and professional.

We were told that the construction would be about four months and it was almost exactly that, from July through October. First, they came and dug up the ground and all the grass. They then put some wiring which holds it the way it's supposed to be. They did the screen, the color and then the interior of the pool. The guys on the screen were very nice. Everybody did every single job. Everything went smooth and everything that we did was perfect. If we had anything we didn't like, they came and fixed it. We got a hot tub that has an Infinity Edge on it. We also got the pop-up cleaning system throughout and the leveler that keeps the water at the right level all the time. It's very easy and simple to take care of. It has everything we want on it and we're very happy with it. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

When I called Blue Haven, somebody came out immediately within the week. It was through the weekend and he looked at the site where we wanted to have our pool done. He suggested a slightly different option which turned out to be much better. Then he explained what our different options were in terms of our budget, how big the pool was to be, and what would be the better possibilities for us given the parameters. That agent spent the better part of the afternoon with us. He was as thorough as he could be. The dates were set to start construction and how long it was going to take, but unfortunately, it started to rain. The pool was dug and we had to wait until the rain stopped eventually a few months later. Then they brought the different teams that were to take care of different parts of the construction.

The teams that they brought were friendly, very efficient, and professional. We appreciated that until the very end where we had to put the cover and the tiles. The only thing was there was a bit of a delay and that was after the rain. The pool was almost ready to be completed. The person in the office did not plan enough time to get the necessary materials for the next stage. The delay could have been avoided if the person had ordered the tiles or whatever was necessary on time. But all in all, I would give them a good A.

We started in September and the entire project lasted a few months. They did a rectangular shaped pool with a cover. We have a little fountain on the side of it. They also took care of the decking. We needed a little retaining wall and that was an addition to the pool because of the location, but that was not part of the cost. We are using the ozone feature and we are very happy with that. It was delightful to deal with Blue Haven. They were available to speak to, to come as needed, and to take care of whatever question my husband or I had. They were very responsive and I would recommend their services.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Blue Haven did my whole pool and it was awesome. I got quotes from other people. Some were higher and some were significantly lower. But the other companies couldn’t even show up to give me a quote. I ended up going with Blue Haven. They came right out. They gave me a quote which wasn’t the most expensive or the least expensive, but they jumped on it.

One of the other companies didn’t take measurements when they came out. The rep said they were going to send me a PDF that had all these pretty pictures of what my pool was going to look like. I was sitting there thinking, “Well, you didn’t even measure my yard.” But Blue Haven came out and they measured my yard, and then sat down. They had these little pool chips with different designs. I chose a design and then we just modified that design a bit. They had the measurements and I was really happy about that. They also made suggestions based on what I wanted. They told me what was doable and what wasn’t.

I had a really tight corner that they had to come around to do the digging so some of my brickwork was broken. They came out and fixed it. It was no big deal and they took care of everything. They even did us a favor. We wanted little extra concrete and we paid for the extra cost. I kept adding stuff at the last minute, and they were cool with that too. I stayed in constant contact with Blue Haven. If we had questions, we questioned it while the work was being done. I had an issue with their in-house company that they used to do my coping and tile. Their guy was really crappy and they got rid of him. I sent them pictures of an issue that I had and they sent somebody else out and fixed it.

From beginning to end, the process was 10 weeks. It would have been sooner, but my heater was late getting in. The pool was done in eight weeks. When they came and set the heater, I had to wait for them to come back again. Nevertheless, they finished the pool pretty fast. We got two weeks of swimming and then the weather changed. I'm looking forward to it warming back up. The pool is 16 x 28 and kind of hand-drawn. It's got a step where I can put two chairs and umbrellas in my pool and sit. I upgraded to a pebble finish and I'm just loving it. It's really beautiful. The light that they installed does about 600 different colors. It can also do a light show, which is nice. I got a little automatic vacuum cleaner which keeps the pool clean until the pool man comes on Mondays.

One company told me it was $50,000 for a basic pool. They were talking about the old kind of plaster with no upgrade. I got a whole bunch of upgrades for a little less than $50,000. I've read some reviews about Blue Haven that were not good, but it was not my experience. Everybody was wonderful, even to the point when it was time to pick out my tiles. Any issues or concerns I had, they came out, and they either handled it immediately or they explained what I may have missed. It was just really extremely good communication with them. I've recommended Blue Haven to a friend. He was trying to go the cheap route and I told him, the least expensive is not always the best way to go.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I went to the Blue Haven showroom and talked about what I was looking for. Then we talked about the measurements. They came out and measured the yard. The rep sat down and mapped it out in what style we were looking for: the depth, aesthetics, and how it aligned with the budget. We creatively designed the pool and I knew what I wanted visually. We built the pool about a year ago in springtime, so there were weather delays and different crews. They educated us along the way. Peter took over the lead on the construction, and he was informative. We were well-informed from the excavation process to laying the cement and the granite to the rebar.

Our pool is rectangular in shape. It's got a spa and some lighting. Maintenance takes work and it takes consistency, but it's not impossible. It's like taking care of the yard. The process with Blue Haven was pretty straightforward. We had somewhat of an idea what we were getting into, and it's about what we expected. However, I would've preferred if it had been done a little sooner, and some of the folks could have been a little tighter and proactive with communication.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was impressed with Blue Haven. I wanted a pool and I got a lot of people who came out. But, Blue Haven's rep was the only one who drew it on paper. I had other companies that would do a computer model but they asked a lot less questions. The rep from Blue Haven did a really bang up job and was able to cut cost with us on everything. Also, he told us what we didn't want and what we did want, and that helped a lot. They knew what people want or wind up being happy with.

However, Blue Haven said that they would not make a very big footprint when they construct the pool but the rep constructing the pool said that they need to start telling people that they'll rip up the whole yard when they get out here. Even in areas that they weren't working on, dirt, debris and construction stuff wound up destroying that area. Also, I did not get the waterfall I had ordered. They had to special order it and it was going to cost them a whole bunch more money and they were going to have to jackhammer portions of the pool. They didn’t complain about it at all though. The only thing I was a little bit disappointed in was I ordered a sprinkler type and I got a single wave type, but it's not that big of a deal. Also, I wished that there were more decking options.

Other than that, it went great and we wound up very happy. It's a beautiful pool. They told me exactly what was going to happen and overestimated the time frame it was going to take. They estimated eight weeks and it was done in six weeks. They came out and did exactly what they said they were going to do. The design of the pool is like a kidney bean with an extra bubble or three circles put together. It is partially exposed out of the ground which is really cool-looking on the backside where the property slopes. They also did a beautiful job with the flagstone coping which is a darker shade of what the patio is.

I wanted to go a lot deeper but they talked me out of it which was a great decision. They said that if I have a 38 foot long pool and I go from 3 ½ to 8 foot, it'll be a terrible area and I'll hate it. We went with a 6 foot which I argued. They said that they'd do whatever I wanted but it was going to be ridiculous because it would just drop off so we just went with a shower pool. They never told me no on anything but they would push back hard on ideas that I had and they'd say that they'd do what I wanted but that would not make sense.

The impression I got when I signed up with the rep who helped design it was that this is a turnkey pool. Since having the pool built, I have found out that I have to put muriatic acid in the cement to reverse leaching which is causing the pool to have a high pH. One of the workers said that they just water wash it but the rep doing the acid washing said that he was putting about four gallons, which is another $30 a month, of acid to keep the pH down. If the pH gets too high for too long, it will start eating the plaster. I'm having to put a ton of effort into keeping the pH under control. I was a little upset with them at first because they said that they're were going to give me a balanced pool. Finally, the owner came out which I considered to be way too much in trying to make me happy.

I washed my hands off that realizing that I have to fight this battle on my own. There's never a time that I tested the pool and the pH is not out of range. I have to do it weekly and about a gallon every week or two in smaller doses throughout the week. I'm sweeping off that calcium that's leaching out from neutralizing it all the time. I wish they had explained that to me better. They told me the basics of what I kind of figured like I got to add salt, I got to replace the chlorinator every five years and I got to clean the filters every year. But, this pH problem that I've had has been a barrier and it has been expensive.

Nevertheless, the plumbing and design were top notch. They did things that we didn’t ask for like one of those little tanning ledges. They also put little pipe stands in there so we could put umbrellas. They knew that people like that and they went ahead and did it. At one point, the tiles that go vertical right under the coping of the water line were put in. My wife came home and said that it looked retarded and that they need to go vertical. The boss came out and said, “She wants them different. Pull them all off”, so they redid that. That was about three-quarters of a day worth of work and they didn’t bat an eye about it. They pulled them off and fixed it. They treated it like it was $50,000 job. Blue Haven did a really good job and they'd be the first people I'm going to be calling again. They were also on top regarding professionalism and craftsmanship. They were very competitive on the price as well.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We got a new pool for a new house and we turned to Blue Haven considering their reputation. When we went to their store, we listened to what their design consultant had to say and we were impressed. Then they came out and they showed us exactly what it was going to look like when it was finished. They also laid out the timeline and the cost. We availed of the remote system and heating. The remote controls the heat and the light with the spa in addition to the pool. The manager was very responsive and was on top of everything. He was also good at following up on any additional questions I had. The installation went smoothly and quick. It was on time according to the schedule that they gave me and they did a really nice job on it. After the pool was installed, the other guys came out for training. I'd highly recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My husband and I finally decided to build a pool in our backyard. After carefully reviewing builders we went with Blue Haven. We were extremely grateful to get Jorge as our Project Manager. He was so helpful and patient answering all our questions and walking us through in detail with what to expect during the building of our pool. He went above and beyond and my family will treasure his kindness always. Our pool is amazing because of him and his crew!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I went to Blue Haven shop and they walked me through. They asked me questions, “What are you looking for?” They kind of sketch something up and then made some changes to it. And then I picked out my materials and what I liked and we talked about pricing and options. That's how the design process went. It might not be a custom pool but it felt like a custom process.

The contruction process went smooth. We have a small backyard and we were able to make sure that we had room to swim around and have fun and left the back space open so we could put plants within the enclosure. We love the new pavers. Everything about it is great. We’re pretty happy with it. But I did not like the screen enclosure company that was outsourced. They felt sneaky and tried to get away without permit. But the screen company was the only thing that I had a hard time with the whole time and Blue Haven straightened it out with them. Everything got resolved and got done in a timely manner. Blue Haven gave a great product, met all of my expectations and made sure we were satisfied with everything.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We went to the design venture, met with one of the Blue Haven sales reps and he showed us the different options we had. He gave me a price point and after that, they came out and got the scope of the yard to make sure they accommodated what I wanted. They outlined, drew it to get a feel for the yard space and literally within the next week or two they were digging. Getting a pool is like building a house. They show the bells and whistles and after you see that, that’s what you want. I didn’t have a lot of yard and it was a Greek warrior design that they custom-drew which has curves and edges.

We got a lot of the smart features such as the light, the upgraded remote control and the heater. We got all the bells and whistles on it and they sent someone out to give us the tutorial which helped us out greatly. It was worth every dime upgrading to the smart features. Overall, we were pleased with what we spent. It was more than what we wanted to but we were pleased with the outcome. During construction, Blue Haven did all the permits and walked us through everything. We had rain delays so taking that into consideration, they were done in about seven to eight weeks. It was a smooth process and we referred two other neighbors and one had already started building. It was a great experience and we highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I'm a sub and I've built pool enclosures for Blue Haven. I've worked with a lot of pool companies in town and I could have had anybody build my pool, but I chose Blue Haven since their scheduling is awesome and they build pools in a really timely manner. Joe was one of their sales consultants and we went around the backyard. We got to design the pool and put it together on 3D like a CAD and went from there. Joe was amazing. He was very informative and helped us through the whole process. He gave us the dos and don'ts and what we really wanted and how we were going to put everything. It couldn't have been a smoother process. From start to finish, it didn't take too long.

We got their pool this past summer. It has the lighting, a spa and all kinds of stuff. I also got something in my pool that I didn't know I had. We call it a smart pool and it automatically comes on and circulates the water through the thing so pipes don't freeze. The spa comes on in the middle of the night when the temperature gets to certain temperature and starts coming on. I'd definitely recommend anybody who wants to get a pool to use Blue Haven. I referred several friends to them and I know that several people have gotten pools from them already.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I went online and looked for pool providers. Blue Haven has been a part of a network of National. I checked with a couple of other people that had pools built by them and all of their reports were good. So I talked to Blue Haven. I had their representative come to the house. He looked at my backyard and listened to what I thought I wanted. He then started pulling up my ideas and drawing sketches that would meet my ideas. He had a nice software that showed what it would look like with the choices I made about the shape of the pool, the pavers, and the location in the yard. It was graphic. He was very knowledgeable about the support equipment, pumps, filtration, and the other systems. I’m very technical and I wanted to know about that. He was very helpful and understood what was going on. We then picked up the design and said to make it for me. And they did.

They had used subcontractors for the different phases of the construction. A crew came out, dug a whole, and put in the re-bar. Next, another crew came to blast the concrete in place. Those same guys came back after the concrete was cured and they put in the plaster and the pavers. Then we had a couple of guys that came up who did the plumbing and electrical reservation. I was told that they would be here Tuesday next week and I was really pleased when they were there exactly when they said they would be every single time.

I talked to every one of them and I’m familiar with a lot of things. I watched them critically, made sure they were doing everything right and questioned what they were doing. I was a real pain to ‘em and they did beautifully. I know exactly what it is they have to do and how to do it. They did everything right and I couldn’t be critical of them. Every move they made was smart and efficient. They are skilled people. I’m a tough customer and I’m very happy. I have the colored lighting. I also have a shelf with a bubbler. Moreover, I have a heater as well. I highly recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I called Blue Haven and they sent out a guy to survey the outlay of the land and to design the pool. He was good, professional, knowledgeable and precise. He came inside with a laptop and it went over fine. Blue Haven had it all planned. They projected the pool into the backyard and what it would look like up against the house. It also went on with the plumbing, the jets and all the different add-ons I could get like a diving board. And everything went exactly how the guy had it projected on his laptop. Blue Haven also helped in arranging a pool loan for me. They have a lady that goes through the different financial options in different companies. I was turned down by the first one. But she was quick to get me another one and really made it easy. She had a list of different financial agencies and everything went great.

I went with a rectangular pool. But instead of salt water, we did that new thing called smart UV which uses less chlorine. With the usage of it, it kills most of the bacteria on contact. It gets injected right into the system and the chlorine uses it to spray down. In the summer, I only rent it about four hours versus 24 hours. I also got the smart filter and the control board.

The contractor came out and went over exactly where I wanted the edge and wanted to do the other placement and marked it off. Then they came out three days later and started the digging process. The whole construction process lasted for two months. We had several rainy weeks in there and they preferred it getting rained on a few times with packing the dirt around it. We had the machine to pack the dirt with and they backfilled that once again and let it get rained on once again before they poured the concrete around it. Some companies wouldn't pack it and once they laid the concrete, after about a year, the concrete would start to crack.

The construction team was great. I got the cellphone number of one of them and if I had any questions, I could call him. And if he didn’t answer, he'd call me right back within 10 to 15 minutes. I'm 100% satisfied and I'd totally recommend Blue Haven tenfold. I have a cousin who used Blue Haven also. Their chlorine consumption has been way low too and haven't had any issues with their pool.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Blue Haven came over to my house and measured the area. Then they showed on the computer how it was going to look and suggested the best design that will give me more proof for my money. The construction went fine and everything was one time. They always called and let me know one day in advance before they showed up. I also had decking and lighting installed. The whole project took eight weeks. I had a really good experience. However, before they installed the LED lighting, I asked them what the cost to get a different color LED light would be and it took three weeks before I had a response. I was thinking of getting multi-color LED lights, but by the time I got a response, they had already installed the one that we had arranged so I just left it like that.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had Blue Haven build our pool and we had a good experience. We had their designer come out and he looked at our backyard, talked with us, listened to what we wanted and drew it out for us. He was very knowledgeable and had answers to the questions we had. We ended up having a lagoon-style pool with a tanning ledge and a seating ledge. It also has two bubblers, an umbrella holder and a water feature that stacks down with the waterfall. Daryl, who was our supervisor foreman, managed the construction. Without him and his expertise and professionalism, it would not have gone as fabulously as it did. Anything I called and asked about, he was there. He would email me or text me each time the guys would come out since we had two dogs and I needed to know exactly when they were going to be arriving.

There were several construction teams such diggers, plasterers, tilers, and pavers and everybody were great, except for the pavers. Darryl came out immediately and fixed the issue and told us that they would not be using those guys again because they were not good. The whole process took six weeks but it wasn't a problem since they told me that it was going to take that long. I love the whole pool. It's beautiful and exactly what we envisioned. I was very pleased with everything about the whole process and I would not choose any other provider.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

For a year and a half, we were dealing with pool companies and trying to figure out what we were doing. We also interviewed a ton of them, and Blue Haven's rep, Pat, was very knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable. The construction process was pretty smooth. We were building a garage and cabana so, that was kind of a hold-up, then the weather was an issue, but nothing that we thought was Blue Haven’s fault. Everything went well and the whole process took two and a half months. If we had any problems, we contacted Bill and he was on it. He was very good. We did the colored lighting, the waterfall, a bar, a table, and the bubblers, but we did not have the smart features installed. It was a brand new thing for them so, there were some hiccups on getting it working. Blue Haven was reputable, they knew what they were talking about, and they followed through.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I met with the Blue Haven designer on three occasions. I'm opinionated so I knew what I wanted and he designed the pool based on that. We went from there and modified the design. Our overall timeline for construction, which was two and a half months, was within the expectation. Their workers showed up when they said they would and if they didn't, Blue Haven was very accountable in trying to get them on the phone and figure out what the delay was.

Their prices were also much better than some of the other local pool companies. I was afraid of overcharges or running the budget up 'cause we built a house before the pool but they were very accurate with their estimate and what they delivered. We had a waterfall fill over from a hot tub and ran into the pool, color quartz plaster, which is on a remote, and the LED light that's color-changing. Blue Haven also sent somebody out to educate us on everything. I would absolutely recommend them.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.

• Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.

• Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.

• Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.

• Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.

• Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs