Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools & spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan—and in some locations, will present concepts with 3-D virtual reality software. Best of all, our exclusive state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before. In the last 20 years alone, offices across the country have successfully completed nearly 80,000 new pools!

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

441 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 16, 2019

I looked at all the different pool companies within the area and my decision came down to comparing Blue Haven's quality to what the others were offering and from talking to people who received a pool from Blue Haven. My experience working with the Blue Haven designers went pretty well. They were very willing to help. But design-wise, with the way the concrete was laid, it had the water flowing towards the house and I wouldn't have tilted it that way. I know the water has to run away from the pool but I wouldn't have put it going towards the house. I would have slanted it back and away, towards the back ditch line that takes the water away.

They are probably used to sloping away from the pool. But the minute they started digging, a guy mentioned having gutters back there because the water was gonna run away from the pool. Obviously, they were acknowledging that it was gonna go up near the house. So I went and got gutters put in. I thought that would resolve the issue because that was what they said needed to happen. But lo and behold, that wasn't the end solution.

I told them from the beginning that I have a small little ravine that curves like a half moon shape. Basically when the water comes down from the house above me, it hits that little ravine and hooks around towards the back of the fence and down to the other yard. I didn't have an issue before the pool was put in. When I had it re-landscaped, I actually had someone come in and help me even fix that problem.

I think the problem is that design. There needs to be a little bit more attention to detail in the laying of concrete to figure out what would be the best angle to bring that water. They should be more engaged in that part. The price focused so much on getting a hole dug but to me, the water issue was the intricate part. I understand we're responsible for putting our yard back together, which I did. But at the same time, something that's gonna contribute more of a hazard that could be prevented should be prevented. But I'm also on the side of the hill. I'm not just on level ground so for what Blue Haven pulled off, they did an outstanding job.

We also had a little extra pad put in for our hot tub but they put the electrical outlet 2 feet in on the pad. I don't know why it wasn't closer to the back of the concrete. They were willing to work, drop it down and make it come over to the end of the concrete and go back up. But I don't understand why that wasn't done from the beginning. Still, those were my only two really big issues. Everything else was fine and the design was accurate. The construction also went smoothly, minus the rain. We had a lot of rains so those delayed the amount of time it took for them to be able to get it done. But other than that, I don't have any complaints.

I prefer the size of the pool and its depth. It only goes 6 feet and that helps with circulation. I've had no issues with keeping the pH or the chlorine levels correct. The pool also has lights that you can set. It also has the ozone system and it has the timers on there to be able to set it for however long you want. Those features are helpful for operating the pool on a day-to-day basis because I don't have to worry about it. I do also love the feature where if it's gets near freezing, the pump will automatically kick on. I don't have to go over there manually and turn on the device everyday. It's very convenient.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I found Blue Haven through the home magazine that they send through the mail. I took a chance to get some quotes between them and some other pool companies. And I was able to work with them the best out of everyone. Everything went really well with with the designer. I called them up, set up an appointment, gave them a brief idea what my wife and I were looking for. He was able to create a design and he sent it our way for approval. He was very helpful in working with us, creating some of the different design shapes, ideas, and adding sun shelf to the pool, which was definitely much needed. Overall, it was a good experience with Tom.

Our pool has the control panel that was put inside the house. And it also has LED changing light type of illumination. The pavers that we picked were a nice touch. They came out really nice. There were two sun shelves in the pool. So, we’re glad we went with two instead of just one, and getting an umbrella in each shelf put in as well. It helps out because we got a little one-year old. On the actual construction process, I was really impressed because my neighborhood had a bit of pools being put in around the same time. And for the most part, everybody has been consistent in the sense of getting their yards torn up to have the tractors drive through. I’ve seen some that tear up the sidewalks really bad, and then, from what I’ve heard, it’s up to the homeowners to repave it or re-cement it. But luckily, we didn’t have to worry about it or touch it or redo it. So, at least the construction process was nice and clean.

Everything went great. The only thing that took a little bit of time and I’m still waiting on is having a couple of these pavers replaced on the pool decking. I’ve been promised by one of their office ladies of what and when it's gonna happen. That timeframe came and passed and being busy with work, by the time I got back, they were like, “What are you talking about?” I even had one of the guys come out there to look at it. One of the project managers pointed out to me what they recommended being replaced and taped off. So, luckily, I finally was able to get a hold of someone who did come back out and looked at it. And then they agreed with me that they definitely will get replaced. It's just a matter of getting the pavers ordered and for them to ship, which I understand could take about three weeks.

I would recommend Blue Haven to make sure that someone like the lady who promised me a timeframe actually follows through with her promises and actions of what will be taken care of. Also, they could make sure she’s more informative with some of the customers in regards to construction. I got delayed about two to three weeks with the pool construction because when I called her and asked, “Hey, when can I get my fence installed?” And she said I should wait on that and she'd let me know when I could. When I called her to ask those questions, that would’ve been a great time for her to say, “Okay. We’ll let you know when. Just make sure you have your permit pulled, everything done, ready to go for the fencing.” I was under the impression that they already did it or had it taken care of. But they didn’t.

I got the quote and the work schedule, but it was just a matter of getting that permit which delayed us about two to three weeks. And that would’ve been helpful if she told me when I first called her. And I would’ve had that done, so that when she gave me the okay to have the fence installed before they could finish the pool build, that would’ve been very helpful. Other than those, I absolutely recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We worked with Gary from Blue Haven and his pool plan went beyond my expectations. Our backyard is greater than a 45 degree slot. So, he had to build that for one side of the pool, and then we have the pool on the main level, and we have a stacked-stone wall for an upper patio. He had them do the stacked-stone where it wasn’t just flat, the rest were stacked. It’s beautiful. But we had problems with the stacked-stone wall they were doing it. The subcontractor guy who had come out to do that wall had gotten three quarters of the way through and had to go get another piling of stones. But it was a different color. They did the whole wall, and when I went out after they had left, it was quite crappy.

I called Gary, and he came out and told me he was gonna deal with it. He had the subcontractor come back out, and take that rock off. They got another batch of stones, put it in, and left. I went outside and called Gary, and told him that it was not the same stone. It was more of the same color, but the other stone was more square and flat, but this one was more rounded. You could tell where there was different stones. Gary told me they would get it done, and the third time was beautiful. But the pool was not finished. He kept telling us we would be swimming by Memorial Day. But last spring was very rainy, and we had some crappy weather. We weren’t in by Memorial Day, then it was to be in by the 4th of July. We weren’t in by the 4th of July, but we were in on the 5th of July.

The pool is free-form with two sheer descent off the rock wall, and then the spa has an overflow into it. It’s so relaxing and beautiful. It’s a heated pool, and when we turned the heater on for the first time in September, I had to call Gary on October 2nd because the heater was leaking. He told me that it was under warranty and gave me who I needed to call to come out and fix it. When I called that group out to come fix it, the guy said it was absolutely a malfunctioning piece of equipment and it’s got to be covered under warranty. When I took it back to Hayward to deal with the warranty, they said it was not covered because I had too much chlorine in the pool and it ruined the heater. But Gary said that was not right so he came out, and he worked on it.

He bought the new piece and got someone to install it so that I didn’t have to deal with anything, other than I had about a month where we were arguing with Hayward and trying to get my heater fixed. Gary said he would handle Hayward on his own. He did an amazing job with the pool. He’s gonna tell you what needs to be said, whether you wanted to hear it or not. He tells you exactly what’s gonna happen, what’s gonna work, and what’s not going to work, which I greatly appreciated. I would work with him again. I would recommend him.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have some friends in the construction business and one of them recommended Blue Haven because they were always on time and they would get the projects done either on time or ahead of time. He said Blue Haven isn't the cheapest in town, but that if I want any projects done in time, Blue Haven is a better company to go with. And that was what we experienced. Blue Haven reps came over and showed me what possible designs they had and what they have done in the past. Based on the square feet of my backyard, they showed me what options would work with my style of home and we landed on a design.

The design consultant was a really nice guy. But when it came down to selecting the fixtures like the tiles and colors, they left it completely up to me. I understand that but they could have given me some guidance as to what they typically see with what customers pick or what makes a pool look refreshing or the kind of combination people will go with if they want more of a darker looking pool. I had to pry that information out of the designer to the point where I had to tell him that I’m not in the pool business. I don’t know what works or what’s customary and what's the best combination in terms of color of the pool with the color of the side tiles. I needed a pool built and whatever color combinations they think work and don't work well, I wanna know.

The financing team told us what they are accustomed to doing and how they set up. We found a better financing option outside of Blue Haven and the other company that we went with for financing changed their policy to fit Blue Haven a little bit better. But Blue Haven helped arrange approval and they took care of all of it.

Also, the contractors that they hired to do the excavation were pretty quick. But they showed up ahead of schedule and we weren't prepared to receive them. All the paperwork with the association was fine and they knew they were coming, though. We just didn’t know the particular day they showed up and Blue Haven didn’t know either. I know the construction game is kind of crazy, but we’re paying a lot of money and we have to arrange our personal schedule to let guys come in and do their thing. Blue Haven could have better control of updating and letting us know who was coming when and who needed permission to get in our gate. The guys would just show up and I would have to ask what was going on. It was a little bit challenging on that side.

Coming on to the end when it was time for inspection, that was when we got an idea. We were told the inspector was gonna come and what he was gonna do and what he looks for. The guy that did that with us was pretty good. I just wish he was confident telling us that each step along the way. It might have been a hassle on their part or more energy for them on their side but it would have made a world of a difference for us being the homeowner knowing what was coming next. But in terms of coordinating the progress of it, Blue Haven did a pretty good job. After the excavators, the rebar guys came in and did their thing quickly and then, the concrete guys blasted all around and did their testing. I was really pleased with the coordination of who came one after the other. There was never a mix-up.

We had a hurricane came through in the middle of our construction but Blue Haven got the project done. It was delayed by a couple of days with getting the contractors to get the equipment back out on site. But we didn’t sweat it at all and it wasn't much compared to what I've heard other people experience when a storm comes through. When I shared that experience with a couple other friends, they were shocked because everybody else in construction felt significant delays. I was pretty impressed that Blue Haven was all ready to get back on site and continue and keeping the project going as quickly as possible. The construction process took 9 weeks and everything was according to schedule. And the pool absolutely met our expectations. It's a custom, freeform design which is a hybrid of a bean shape but not a complete bean shape. Also, we added the LED colored light and the heater.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I desired to have a pool built in a new home that we purchased and I went through the local area looking for people that build pools and do estimates. I had about eight of them show up and they gave me quotes. Then I met Gary, the guy from Blue Haven and right away, I pretty much decided he was gonna be the guy based on how he presented himself. I had other people do graphics and he did just scale basic. We live on a severe inclined hill and all our properties slant downhill at quite a pitch. We had two options and one of them was to put the pool down near the middle of the property where it was less severe and the other was to put it where an existing large deckhead was attached to the house. He gave me quotes for both and we went with the one that was closest to the house.

While I was talking to Gary, I could tell that he builds pools and has for a long time. He came out of Texas originally as far as building pools and it was easy to relate to a man you knew you were getting the straight scoop on everything. It was the same way through the whole experience, too. He was very upfront, very easy to get along with, and he did what he said he was gonna do, which in this portion of Alabama where I live is a rare stone. He's not a salesman and he gives you a quote and he stood by the quote even though they ran into some difficulties down the road. Nothing that was extensive, though, and it was just that you never know what you're gonna do until you start digging in some places. So, he was fabulous.

I paid Blue Haven in cash for the pool and it was laid out by contract that the payments would be made in quarters based on where things were at a particular point in time. Gary stayed right in the contract as far as when things were due and not until such work was completed. Then, the first part of the construction process was getting it scheduled. Like everybody else, Blue Haven depended on other parties to do things and it was related to weather conditions as well. We signed a contract in May and even if we agreed on when the work would start, they started later than they indicated. But there were reasons for it and it never was a problem. Gary gave us a rough five to eight weeks and the actual time they began the work was within what I consider reasonable timing.

Our pool is a regular one that is 6-feet deep and is approximately 30 x 15. They estimated it to be around 12,000 gallons based on where we hand the chemicals and it has stone coping that they cut here. It also has a swim-out and stairs in one end. Other than that, we didn't go for anything fancy. It's all Haywood stuff through Blue Haven but we looked at saltwater versus fresh water and Gary moved us right into where we needed to be focused which was the pool that we got which has fresh water. A salesman would have talked you into whatever he thought you were after. But Gary was not like that. He's also available to us at all times and he was even here last week. When there's a problem, he's the one we talk to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: June 11, 2019

I had a good experience with Blue Haven and we love our pool. I use it almost every day that it’s not raining. It has a waterfall, LED lights, a bubbler and a tanning ledge, which I really like. The interaction with the construction team was good. They just came out and replaced both LED lights in the pool because they were having rust inside of them.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I called different pool companies and Blue Haven called me back. They were very prompt. We did a little bit of research on them, saw that they had great reviews, and went from there. The designer did a beautiful job and the design was wonderful. We had something in mind and he showed us something else. We liked his design a lot better because it was more feasible to lay the way he did it.

The construction team was wonderful and courteous but the project manager was horrible. He did not return phone calls and would not and could not answer questions. We were extremely frustrated. They ended up putting Ryan here and he ended up overseeing a good portion of the project. He was absolutely wonderful. He went above and beyond. It was not a good experience with the other guy but Ryan more than made up for it. He stepped up and took care of everything. He answered all of our questions even after the pool was installed. He followed up with “Are you all doing okay? Do you like the pool?” That smooths things out a lot. The pool is phenomenal. We love the cleaning system. It does a great job and it’s well worth the purchase of it. We picked out the tile and everything and we also had a spa put in. We have colored lighting and we did have two gas heaters installed. We’re very pleased with our final product. Blue Haven did an excellent job.

Original review: June 8, 2019

John was the designer that we dealt with at Blue Haven. He came up with everything and he was great at maximizing the confined space that we have and getting the most amount of pool in that space. The extra detail designs around the water, the water feature and the tanning deck were extra nice to have. We have a back wall that has two shelf waterfalls that fall into the pool and you can sit underneath them. It is a smart pool. It is controlled by an app on our phone and it has LED lighting. All of my interactions with Blue Haven from start to finish was very professional, and very communicative. The construction team was timely. They were good about cleaning up behind themselves. From start to finish, it was a great process. They still continue to be in touch and available if we have questions as new pool owners, and I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We were really happy with how quick Blue Haven got the pool done and everything from start to finish. Everything went smoothly. We needed some dirt work done in the back, and the excavator operator put the dirt where we wanted it. That was really nice of him. He didn't have to do that. He could have just piled it up, and he spread it out where we needed it so we were thankful for that.

Blue Haven resolved anything. If I needed to get a hold of one of the guys, I’d call them right there at the drop of a hat. I didn't receive the little stand-in piece ‘cause we got the SmartPure Ozone which I call the UV chlorinator. I went up there to the office, and the guy made me one, came back 30 minutes later, it was ready, and gave it to me free of charge. The lighting is probably one of our favorite features of the pool and there is one thing about that UV chlorinator I need to call up there. I put it in about 3 weeks ago and the bulb’s not lighting up. I need to find out what kinda warranty Blue Haven offers on that thing or if I just need to replace the bulb.

Original review: June 5, 2019

When I looked up Blue Haven Pools & Spas, they had the best reviews. I had them put in a pool in my backyard and do all the decking around it. I picked the design out with the designer and the construction team did an excellent job in setting it up. It came out exactly the way that they say it would and on schedule. The pool and deck have excellent quality. But it would be more helpful if they tell people up front that they’re not gonna restore the customer's property. There were gravel and landscaping rocks in the front of the house where they ran their tractors back and forth and that was never put back to the original state. That created little more work for me. I live in Washington and my pool is in Las Vegas. I had to make a couple of trips down there that I hadn’t planned on. But everything else went great.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I got my pool in October of 2018. I shopped around extensively and had 4 quotes. I decided on Blue Haven because of their details, warranty, professionalism, and options. They weren't the cheapest but I'm convinced they are definitely the best value. Jayme, the pool designer, is fantastic and created a great pool that exceeded all my expectations. Brent laid it out perfectly in the backyard and Dell was impressive in every capacity. His attention to details ensured everything was done to perfection. I called Dell about 10 times with random questions or concerns and he addressed them all often coming to my house to explain how things worked. He even orchestrated getting my diving board replaced 6 months after the pool was completed. I give them my highest recommendation!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Blue Haven's designer was great and he did what we wanted. We got a pool and hot tub combo from them with a waterfall coming off the hot tub into the pool.

They have a yearly summer huge print magazine at Blue Haven. We picked up one of those one time when we were in there, picking up colored tiles and stuff like that. That's when I saw that extra tile trim on the step. When I inquired about how much that would cost, it was minimal. 5 or 600 extra bucks.

So, I decided to do that. We also have an additional bond beam wall with a teared-up cascading waterfall coming off that in the center of the swimming pool. Additionally, we had pavers installed all around the pool instead of concrete. We also had a little trim tile added on the steps going into the pool and the hot tub, the seat and step in the hot tub as well as the swim out step in the deep end to help see where the steps were underwater. On top of that, we had multicolored LED lights put in both the hot tub and in the swimming pool.

During construction, we had a layout guy who was our main point of contact. Once the dirty work started to happen, then we got another guy who ended up being the main guy throughout the rest of the swimming pool build. We were dealing with Blue Haven often and with their landscape division called, Havenscapes. We did the pool, the patio pavers, huge pergola, and then additional landscaping sod, trees and shrubs, and lighting around that. So, we had a lot of different moving pieces going in and had typical weather delays.

However, it was disappointing that there were four, five or six days here and there when nothing was happening. During that time, they were waiting on the pavers and on the fireplace to get done. On top of that we had the pergola beams wrapped in concrete stone about 3 feet up to match the stone on the fireplace. They had two guys dealing with that. That took two or three weeks for them to build the fireplace and wrap the stone on the pergola.

We also had an extra 30-day delay because the month we were gonna get to meet with the Historic Board there was an ice storm in Oklahoma, and so, that meeting got canceled. The Historic Board meets just once a month and we went 30 days behind waiting on the next meeting to come around. Eventually, we got the approval and Blue Haven was gonna start the first part of April. However, we got delayed again because a teachers' strike made it impossible to get any kind of heavy equipment down the street to start evacuating the dirt for the pool.

As a whole, we were in a busy timeline. We signed the contract in November and they didn’t get started until April. We didn’t’ get the pool completely finished until the 4th of July. The aforementioned delays weren't in Blue Haven's control at all but then our pool build still went as well as it could have gone. They got all the issues handled and thus, I've referred them to several people already.

Original review: May 30, 2019

The Blue Haven designer was just amazing with questions and answers. I'm happy the pool was built very quickly, and to what we could afford and what we loved. The shape looks great and the patio is amazing. So, we are very happy with the look of the pool. The space could be wider and laid out on the smaller part of the patio but they helped us a lot with the location. We made our own decision on our shape, but I liked that besides the steps to go in and out, he built a layout on the side where you can sit and lie down, kind of above the water, but in the water. I loved that. I can't wait to get in the water and lie down on that part. The pool is a built system and we have a side area where we switch on for the automatic drainage to work. The construction team was quick and they were super nice. Everyone knew what they had to do, in and out, and that was great. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 24, 2019

The finished product is great but getting there was hard. I realize that things happen like weather etc. When you are told something is scheduled you rely on it so you can schedule other things. Example...the final grade was scheduled 23 May 2019, nobody shows and we are told that they had to turn around on the midway bridge. Mind you this was late in the evening. We then were told they would be out first thing the next morning so we scheduled a sod delivery. Again late in the afternoon we find that it has to be rescheduled for the next Tuesday. I am going to have to pay someone last minute to do a final grade because I can't let 15 pallets of sod sit out till Tuesday.

I don't mind eating the cost for busted sprinkler heads and cut lines but if we can't trust a schedule that we are told, what can we do. I was told in my so many words that we shouldn't go by when we are told something is scheduled. Well why schedule it if we shouldn't depend on it anyway. Very frustrated. The pool is great but after the design the customer is left hanging in the wind and at the mercy of the contractors.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a good experience with Blue Haven. Everybody was really helpful and excellent to work with. I originally wanted a saltwater pool, but the designer talked me out of it. Looking back on it now, it was an excellent decision on my part to listen to him and not do a saltwater pool. I wanted to put flagstone around the top of the pool and he told me that that wasn’t a good idea and that the saltwater would eventually start corrosion on the flagstone.

The construction team was really helpful and did an excellent job. They were very well-spoken people. I was told it’d take six weeks, but they went over by four days. There were several rain events that put them behind schedule, but they worked through it. The pool is gorgeous and we love it. I put a tanning ledge in it with three loungers, and then I got a bench on the opposite side. I’ve had a couple of people come look at it and everybody loved it. I’ve recommended Blue Haven to others.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We used Blue Haven because we wanted Greg, who franchises the company to our area. He is the owner and he project manages. He has got many years of experience and he was great. The final product is good, plus my pool has the waterfall aspect. I was happy with Blue Haven and I’ve referred them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The designer from Blue Haven did an excellent job. He suggested the geometry of the pool which made it look modern compared to the house. It's a good pool. It has an ozonator and a heater. We also have the ability to do a chlorine shock, and we have a couple of fountains and some bubblers. Then we have an app to have the ability to change the settings from our phones. Also, the communication with Blue Haven was great. They told me when the project would be completed and they met it and the guy who did the construction was good.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Everything was perfect with Blue Haven, as far as the communication and the design. Then in terms of the construction, they were updating me throughout the process and continued to hit timelines. It was great. I have a raised spa and a swim-up bar platform, and I've found some of the automated timers helpful for operating the pool. There’s a remote keypad and I also have the smart lighting.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Blue Haven's service is terrible and I'm not happy with them. We made a mistake choosing them. It took them a long time to do the pool. I had to call them back several times on troubleshooting some issues, and they would never call us back and were very rude. My son and I had to learn a lot on our own. When you pay $42,000 for a pool, I expect you to get back to me, give me some feedback and let me know what is going on.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The salesman from Blue Haven wasn’t the best. He didn’t really explain much to us. He just kinda sold us the pool then guys just showed up with materials that we never even really picked out. But other than that, everything else is pretty good. Once we kinda eliminated the salesman from the process, everything went a lot smoother. My wife came up with the design of the pool. She wanted a rectangle pool with a tanning ledge, a raised wall at the back of the waterfalls and a fireplace, and the guys did a good job.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Blue Haven put a new pool in and the designer was fantastic. He knew his stuff. He had been building pools, so we developed pretty quick trust with him. Another thing is he took the time to kind of measure everything out. So, I felt pretty confident that he knew what he was talking about and when he gave me a price, I felt pretty confident that that was gonna be the price.

We had a hot tub with a waterfall into the pool. We had additional lights put in, a natural stone coating and everything else. The actual construction of the pool went fine. It was on time and on budget, and that was kinda my main concern. My major complaint is we have the Blue Haven smart features and we spent extra money on that, but I can't get it set up. That is the most frustrating part and Blue Haven is not helping me with it. It's one of those things that's kinda dropped to the side. Blue Haven was kind of an established brand and I've got such a high opinion of them but there was no follow through. They should just send someone to school and serve their customer. It is not my job to figure out how do I set up the smart pool thing and I'm not technically adverse, but I'm not able to sort it out. But they're following up on the basics and my experience was so good with them that I'm okay with it still.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Blue Haven's construction team was quick and efficient, and we were very satisfied. The overall process took a couple months because of the weather, but if compacted into just time, it was probably a month. However, I was very dissatisfied with their referral fee. We referred a pool and it was probably a $60,000 pool. For a $60,000 pool, we got a $300 pool opening which is a miniscule. We were really surprised thinking that we would’ve gotten something a little more. Even 1% of $60,000 would have been twice that.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I had three different companies come out and gave me estimates, and Blue Haven was the best. They gave me a couple people to reach out to and I went through them. The Blue Haven designer came out to the house where I went through what we wanna do, took pictures and set up a follow-up appointment. Everything was 3D and had everything set up and gave me a couple of different options. And then when I needed to be in a certain budget price, the designer worked with me on that.

The product manager communicated with me all along, told me what was going on, met with me, and through the whole process kept me updated as far as dates and timelines of what was being done. They even sent me everything for my homeowners that I needed to get it approved, then they had a separate thing. They were very reliable and they did a good job. Everything took six weeks, which was what the designer told me. I referred Blue Haven to my boss. He’s getting a pool put in by them right now.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We were able to work with an excellent designer from Blue Haven. We modified some things several times. He took what we wanted and we asked to add a few things once we saw what the estimated costs were. He also made a suggestion on the tiles that we used and we were really pleased when we got it. He put a patio around the pool and explained to us on how deep it would need to be in slope. Then, we added a few lights on the sides and a waterfall feature, which is my favorite, on one side.

Everything about the construction process went really smoothly. The workers were really good and they got things done really quickly up until the last stage of it. We had some trouble though with the final stage once they had everything done and there were several times they said the contractors were gonna come, but then didn't get them out there. It took a while to get someone out there. Other than that, we had a really pleasant experience with Blue Haven throughout and they did an excellent job. I also love the smart features with the pool that we use from our phone. Now, I don't have to walk across the grass over to the controls to do anything. It makes the operation of the pool so much easier. There are days when I'd start to turn the heater on from wherever I am so that it would be warm when I get home.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When other pool companies seemed to be too busy to even bother to come by, Blue Haven was responsive to come out and give us a quote. Their sales guy gave me the contact information of a loan company that they usually work with. The pool designer was new to the team, but he was a talker and very enthusiastic. He took his time to listen to what we wanted and tried to give us the best 3D visual of what we discussed. In booking him, he was very flexible after work hours so that was a good sign.

The construction experience went very well and there weren’t big issues. The project leader, Jacob, was on top of everything. He kept communication open with us very well. I cannot stress enough how important the role of the project leader as the guy who’s over all the contractors. We have a rectangle pool that goes from three to five feet with a tanning ledge. The tanning ledge is 5 feet x 16 feet and in the deep end of the back of the pool, we have two seating benches with a wall with a waterfall feature. I am very satisfied with the pool.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 10, 2019

Working with Blue Haven Pools & Spas went fine until the end. However, they plastered the pool when it was windy so dust settled on the bottom and stained it. I tried several times to get a response, but so far, they haven’t responded. When I went to the office, they just told me that they would send somebody to take care of it, but they haven’t. My permits are still sitting out there because I haven’t got the final inspection. I don’t know what’s going on. I wouldn't recommend them unless they take care of my pool.

About a month ago, I went to the Blue Haven office because I was getting threats from the cement company. They were gonna put a lien on my house because Blue Haven wasn't paying them. I told Blue Haven that if they don't solve it, I will go to my lawyer and let him handle it. By the next day, they told me they were gonna take care of it and they did.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was on the internet looking at reviews and Blue Haven was the best one around for us. Their designer was great. She came out and she made our pool what we wanted it to be no matter what the time was. She spent more time than usual because I couldn’t make up my mind. But she was patient and got it just right, so it was really great.

The design is different than most. We have a tanning ledge and we got the pool waterfall feature that acts as a bench as well, the lights, the LED lights that change colors, the jets, and the bubbler. We haven’t been able to really get in the pool because it’s been cold, but I like how the waterfall drowns out any kind of background noise. It makes me feel like we’re kinda at the beach. We also have the ozone, the smart control where the pump turns on and off automatically and the lights turn on and off automatically. We set them to turn off and on, so we don’t have to go out there everyday. Also, for times that we haven’t been home or we’ve been travelling, the pool is always clean because it’s on timer. And I feel like it keeps the water moving so it doesn’t get stagnant.

During the construction, the thing that stood out the most was how well-organized everything was. Everything was on schedule if not a little ahead of schedule. The installers cleaned up after themselves and kept everything nice and neat back there while they were doing work. If anything was wrong, if I went out there, then they would correct it immediately. There were no issues.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Working with the Blue Haven designer and team went very well at first. I went down and picked out the tile and they helped me. The pool was designed by Jeff who runs the place. The pool had a little riser that was supposed to come up over the back. When I came over one day, the guys were making a huge five-foot tall monstrosity on the pool. I knew it wasn't right, but I didn't know exactly what the design was because it had been months before and I do not really remember what we did. The workmanship was really poor. It was off-center. I was telling them how to do it and even when we were doing it, I thought that this was not anything I would want.

Jeff came out and said that the pool was fine and I said no. I was also building an addition onto the house and the other contractors told me that it was really bad. I didn't appreciate the fact that he designed the pool and he knew they were building it differently and he didn't object to it. So, we consistently said the workmanship is so bad and John said that they will take it down and put it back. I told him to take it all down and make it flat as I do not trust that it was gonna look good. So, we left the whole thing flat which I was fine with. Eventually, it was done correctly and we had somebody else come out and do it.

When I look at the pool now, it is beautiful but since then, the problem was that Jeff has not had any help that was worth a toot to come out and fix little things. And now, he has a gentleman who came out recently. I showed him a leak on the pool thing and there is a problem with the landscaper and my overflow valve isn't working. There are some issues between the landscaper and the pool people are trying to figure it out. But still, I haven't had anybody come out and fix that leak yet. It has something to do with the filter and it just leaks like a sieve that it's not supposed to. This has been going on for a couple of weeks at least. I called and then, Patrick came out and I showed it to him. He said he would bring a plumber to fix it but I was out there yesterday and it is still leaking.

Moreover, when the plasters came out of the pool, they left footprints in the plaster at my steps. And down at the very base of the pool, there is a very long intake for the water. There are also two slots that have been there the whole time that was rusty. I also have a little lounge deck thing where I can see where the plaster is all discolored and a mess. My neighbor behind us was not too happy that we had to go through her yard to get permission to go through with the trucks to get in my yard. She let us do it but it took forever to get the ruts and everything out of the yard. It was raining and sticky but even at the end, it was really tough to get the guys who were on those machines to understand that the yard needed to be flat, so the grass could grow where they tore it all up. Eventually, my neighbor said no and that we can't go back in the yard anymore. So, it just stayed the way it was.

Given my experience, I had two sets of contractors here. I had the Blue Haven and I had the other guys from another company that was adding a family room, a bathroom and a carport thing, storage and the difference was night and day. I had the best contracting company ever who was working on my house and I will not recommend Blue Haven. Despite that, Jeff is absolutely so personable and tries hard and works very hard. I like him a lot. But, I think a pool cannot be built by himself and he has to have people who care about the business just as much as he does and who can handle things as much as he can and I think that was what happened.

Original review: March 30, 2019

The Blue Haven designers met our expectations with the pool plan that they created for us. They gave us advice on the things that we wanted to do. We got the salt water pool. We asked about the ozone smart feature, but it wasn't an option that they offered. They had good people working for them and they did a pretty good job. It was a little more complicated than we expected, but we're happy and pleased. Everyone was always very professional and they’ve been responsive to any issues that came up. Overall, we're satisfied with the result. I like having the hot tub which is a great addition. We use it often in the winter and that has been a plus. Our experience with Blue Haven was very good and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We looked around and talked to some people, and Blue Haven was one of those we decided to talk to as they had a pretty good reputation. We told them what we wanted and Jamie hit the design perfectly. The pool has a feature wall and it’s got three water features. I love the filter. During the construction, they had a foreman that went over everything. He explained what was going on and it was pretty seamless. I would absolutely recommend them.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.

• Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.

• Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.

• Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.

• Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.

• Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs