toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

The design process very good with Jeff from Blue Haven. He knows what he’s doing and he’s an expert. The whole pool was customized. I had a separate hot tub adjoining it and it was designed to fit the land area which was limited. It came out very nicely and we had built a retaining wall that came out very well. We had some weather to deal with and it took about four months but we didn't have problems. Also, I really like our waterfall and we enjoy the light treatment. The smart features are great. Having that remote in your house and be able to turn it on and off from the house is a very nice feature. If you’re building a pool, these guys know what they’re doing and they’re good. This is my second pool with them and I’d do a third.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I originally contacted Blue Haven at a different house. We lived somewhere else and a couple of different people gave us bids. But we liked the design expert Pat so much that we decided not to put the pool at that house and move to a different property. When we moved, the only person we called was Blue Haven because we knew we wanted them to do the job. Pat came back out, looked at our property and told us what design would fit nicely with the way our yard flows. We really enjoyed working with him.

Then the construction went great. They did it right alongside our homebuilder so we had the whole yard torn up. We have a lot of fixing because of the way the contractor had to access the property. We knew that we would benefit from building the house and the pool at the same time. We waited to do it as we didn’t wanna tear up what we had already made perfect at the other house.

We're happy with the suggestions they gave us. They told us to pump up our heater. Then we told them what we wanted to do with our pool and how we would use it and they suggested the heavy-duty gas heater, and we're delighted with the way it operates and performs. We did the ozone filter and the little chlorinator refill has been very easy to maintain. Then we thought to cut out some extras and did not do the remote as it was something that can easily be added later on.

During the process, Bill was our foreman for the whole project and he was really easy to work with, friendly, and continued to meet all of our needs and expectations. We were really thrilled watching them build it and knowing the contractors that they selected were the best in the St. Louis area. The only other thing I would say to anybody looking to put a pool in a yard is it definitely tears up the rest of the property. If anybody was interested in doing one, yup, it makes a mess, and yup, you just got to clean that up too when it's all done. That’s part of pool building with any contractor. As for us, we've had a very positive experience and we love everything they Blue Haven did for us. In fact, we've recommended them to a friend and they used them too.

The design consultant from Blue Haven came over and talked about what we were looking for and then got back with us with drawings. He was helpful and listened to what we wanted, but he didn’t always do what we wanted. He cautioned us against doing other things that we had planned and gave us good reasoning behind it. Dealing with the financing team went smoothly. I filled out papers, sent them back and everything was done in a timely manner. Also, the construction process went smoothly and was done in two months. There was some miscommunication between the type of waterfall that was supposed to be there and what was gotten, and getting that sorted out caused some delay in our time schedule. They had to cancel us and our job got pushed behind others.

Something that stood out was when they came and did the layout, we had to tweak a couple of the edges to get it to fit where we wanted it to. The guy who was laying out the pool was more than helpful to assist us. There was some confusion as to how far the concrete was going out and what plants needed to be pulled up but everything was fixed. The construction team were all nice dudes who showed up, did their job and left.

I wanted a pool with water six-feet deep and I’m sure the pool is six feet to the top of the concrete, but the water’s six inches below that, so it’s only five and a half feet. That was a little misconceiving. Otherwise, I would’ve went with another foot deeper. I'm six-foot four and when I’m standing in the deep end, the water only comes up to my shoulders. Technically a six-foot deep pool should submerge up to my eyeballs. Overall, the quality of the pool and everything that we went through was a pleasant experience and everything was done perfectly to drawing. There were quite a few smart features and the little cleaner they gave us is pretty good.

The construction of the pool took a little bit longer and some of the tiles break apart easily. The installers went through the side of the yard and the neighbor wasn't happy. I had to fix the neighbor's pipes exit, their yard, drainage and change their grass. It cost me more than $3,000. The pool is fine but Blue Haven's service wasn't great. They didn't resolve it and anything I call about is not in the contract. I told them they made a mistake and they messed up something. I also emailed them but nobody responds.

I've never had a pool built before and the construction manager should know if their pump is across somebody's window or something that's going to be an issue. They should suggest me to put it somewhere else. At first when they came in with the design, the guy put it up somewhere else and he said if I wanted to change it, I can tell the construction manager. So I put it on the side of the yard and the lady neighbor wasn't happy because I didn't know it was going to be this loud. Right now, it seems to be okay because she hasn't complained again. I put up the fence but it was stressful. I wish I went with the first company because they told me straightforward they would fix the grass and if there were any issues, they would take care of it. But I went with Blue Haven because it was a little bit cheaper but they're not very customer-friendly.

The representative from Blue Haven came and I laid out what I wanted for my pool. He pretty much draw the design and submitted it for me. Everything was handwritten and done from scratch. So it was step-by-step and he was a pretty good and nice guy. Blue Haven also helped me with my pool loan. A third party company is doing the financing but it's great. The interest is high but I can't complain. Then during the construction process, their team had open access to my yard. At the beginning, it was delayed for three months because of the bad weather and rain but they started doing the pool back in June. They were done with it in about three weeks. They had difficulty when they were digging into the hole because it wasn't all dirt. It was pure rock that they were trying to dig out and I had to pay more for that.

It's a simple pool with a rock feature around the edge of the pool. I have the cartridge filters which I really don't like. They're a pain in the butt and it's better to put one of those sand ones with the dirt. It will be a lot easier for cleaning and maintenance while these are too difficult. But overall, time and everything was done to the expectations so my experience with Blue Haven has been pretty straightforward. They've been excellent and I'll recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Blue Haven Pools & Spas

We are sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with service from the Virginia office. Across the Capitol District, thousands of homeowners enjoy their Blue Haven pool; the local team strives to make each client happy, and unfortunately, it is clear that they were unable to do the same for your family. We understand that the local team provided a couple of make-good items for the delay, corrected all items on the punch list, and that your pool construction is now complete and the final inspections were approved last week. As you have raised several concerns about your experience, a senior executive will be following up with the local office in greater detail about the matter to more fully understand what occurred.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Worst company I have ever dealt with. They take your deposit, then go ghost. Ask questions about why the costs are, what was projected and get "That was just an estimate". Everything other than the pool contract is additional and done by fly by night contractors, should they ever show up. Ask questions and you get screamed at, hung up on, threatened and then ignored. If this was a marriage you would be able to get a restraining order from the abuse. Trust me, they don't care about you. Find someone who does please.

The first company I worked with did a poor job to me. I cut date and even lost some money getting rid of them when I moved over to Blue Haven who helped me to get back on track and right the ship. I already had the engineering and all the good stuff done and Blue Haven even did a second topography for me at no charge based on the fact that I had one done but the other company was giving me a hard time about releasing it even though I fired them and thought I owned the engineering plans.

Pools are not fun projects but Dominic who was the salesperson I was working with was very helpful and always available. He was there every time there was work being done and was on site to meet me and go over everything. He remained available to me even after the project's been done for almost under a year now and I even go talk to him just days ago asking questions about the pool. We came in under budget from what I wanted so the time moves quickly outside of having to wait when the town has to come out and do the inspections. For the money I saved, I still saved enough with the loss to the other company. Everything they promised was delivered. The pool was all amazing and everybody who comes over our house loves it and says how breathtaking it is. I've recommended them to two friends already.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

We scheduled an appointment with Blue Haven Pools & Spas. They came over and I told them what I wanted. Then our design consultant, Ed, drew up the plan and everything went well from there. I checked out a few different pools and companies and Blue Haven's cost was great. However, what I didn't get was a light in the spa but we resolved that when they were doing construction, though towards the end I didn't get the air bubbler in the spa. Other than that, it was explained to us really well and everything else was self-explanatory. Moreover, the interactions with their construction team couldn't have been any better. Everything was awesome. The whole aspect of the financing was very good too. We went to Legacy Texas Bank and people were great there.

My experience with Blue Haven has been excellent. They did everything I asked them to do and were willing to change it at any point in time. We ended up paying cash. It took eight weeks to do the pool. We wanted it done by Memorial Day and they got it done by then which was a big deal. That was the year that we had all the hail and a ton of rain. They would have been done in a month if not for that. Nevertheless, they were on schedule even through the hailstorm and the rain. If there was a delay they would call us and give us a heads up ahead of time.

Their construction team did everything they needed to do and they were quick. However, we had mud on the driveway. I called them and said that they left a bunch of mud out. And they were back within an hour to clean everything up and went all about their business. Their smart features were great because we're able to control it through our phone. I'm in a wheelchair so it makes it beyond better that I don't have to go all the way around. Everybody there was great. Their superintendent made sure all the jobs are going great. It's been a year since we've had it built and he's been back two or three times to make sure that I knew what I was doing and that we didn't have any problems. Overall, it was a great experience. We get what we paid for and we're extremely pleased with everything they did.

The Blue Haven's rep was a super nice guy. He was recommended to me by another friend of mine that had used their services and I really liked his style. He was very straightforward. He knew pools very well and he got the idea that I wanted for the pool in my backyard so I decided to choose them and I paid cash for it. He worked with me on different ideas, pricing and what I needed for the pool. He did an excellent job and I felt comfortable with him. The construction team was right on schedule through the entire process and I was extremely impressed. It was under 45 days and my construction rep that was assigned to it was always available. I asked a bunch of questions and he always had really good answers for them. He really worked well with us.

I added a heater, air conditioning system and a sun tanning area. I wanted a basic pool and I wanted a hole in the ground and put water in it. We looked at adding a remote control system but I had talked to other friends that had pools and had those systems on it, and they tended to be somewhat problematic. So, I can now walk around the corner and touch the panel and get everything done. We're enjoying it every day. I was really impressed with everybody at Blue Haven from beginning and end. They really took great care of me and I recommended them to several other people. I know another one of my friends has already used them for a pool as well and they're having a great experience too. I highly recommend them. It was down between them and one other pool company in my area after I talked to five of them, and I was really happy I made my decision to go with Blue Haven.

Blue Haven did an excellent job. It's the third pool that I've done with them. The design process looked simple and went smoothly. First, there were calls from the cellphone, then their rep came out and designed the pool. He also helped us pick out one that worked for our budget and size. Blue Haven met all our expectations design-wise. They also listened to our needs. We also got a light system and automatic chlorinator.

Blue Haven finished our pool construction in 10 days. I couldn’t believe it but from the day it was dug out, it took them 10 days to finish up. This is why I have a real good taste in my mouth. I work in the home inspection business and I worked with board inspectors and there's a lot of bad reviews about Blue Haven. A lot of people don't like the company, but I was totally impressed about everything they did. I’m also happy with the price. You get what you pay for. Communication was good too. I’ve got the phone numbers of the construction manager to the general manager of the local office and they were on top of everything. They always called before they show up.

I would recommend Blue Haven Pools & Spas all the time. I had them built my pool and it was all good. The design process was a very easy one. A salesman came and drew everything up the night he came to the house. I was amazed at how quickly he got to where I wanted to be with the design. He was also very helpful. Blue Haven was very reassuring, too, because there were stages where I was not sure of and they would tell me, "Once you see it finished, you're going to like it." And it was everything they said it was going to be. The construction team beat the schedule they told us last year. They were two or three weeks early. They gave us enough timeline to work with. They underpromised and overdelivered, which is a good thing. Everyone who came out here were very respectful and did a great job as well. The pool they built definitely met all my expectations.

We had the Blue Haven representative come out to our house and give us a rough estimate for a pool. He also came up with the designs and it was the best design for our backyard. Then, we went into the office a few times to add things and finalize the little things that we wanted. Also, financing was pretty easy. He applied for financing on a Friday and then on Monday, they had already approved him and everything was good. Then, they went back to Blue Haven, finalized things, called us and told us that we were approved. The construction was pretty cut and dry but it was supposed to be six weeks that turned into eight weeks because there were some rainy weeks in there. But they did the excavation and they did everything in order that the paperwork said that they were going to do. Everything seems to be just fine.

We love the waterfall and we really like the shape of the pool. We also have a big tanning ledge on it and we really like that part. Also, they sold us on this robot vacuum cleaning thing and we’re not too keen on that. That’s not our favorite thing. We thought it was going to be great and wonderful but we wish we have something else at this point. It was too bulky and doesn’t really get everything. But at this point, it’s too late to change anything because we don’t have a filter. Other than that, everything’s good. They were good, really easy to work with and were able to give us exactly what we wanted and our price range. Also, they were happy to do any changes that we wanted during the process. They were really good to work with and we definitely recommend them.

Blue Haven’s design process was easy and quick, and their pricing was excellent. Mitch, who was one of the six people that we had from Blue Haven, designed the pool on site. His design was great. The walk-through was good. The only thing that they could probably improve on is the communication between the contractors and Blue Haven. They were going to shorten our patio. I went out to speak to the guys working on the patio. They were all Spanish speakers and my wife speaks Spanish. The younger guy came over and I told him, “Here’s the master design diagram and it’s supposed to extend further. You stopped right here and then just doing some weird, lost shape.” So he called, got approval, and extended it. And he said, “You’re right. In the copy that we had showed, it has to be shorter. But you’re absolutely right on your copy. It’s correct.”

I am also doing a warranty request because the water was draining. Gary stopped by and he said, “No, do the drain. Your whole thing would be flooded.” But my neighbors talked to me yesterday and said, “Hey, when you have a pool, is my side supposed to always be wet?” I said, “No.” I want to make sure the pool is not leaking. Then the other issue I have is about Blue Haven’s contractor who did our irrigation system. That particular person contacted my wife and said he does landscaping too. He gave her a card. When she called him to come out and check on the landscaping, the guy never showed up. One time, he said he was hired by somebody. The next time, he said it was his birthday and he forgot. My wife took off work twice and he didn’t show up.

Since I didn’t understand the guy’s relationship to Blue Haven, I called them about it. And then a week and a half ago, the guy who owned the irrigation company was yelling at my wife. Since I specialize in consumer affairs, when Blue Haven called me, I told them, "Okay, I can handle this one in two ways. One, I can handle it in the backyard because the guy’s yelling at my wife or two, I’ll contact these guys before I take it any further because I am worried as well.” And Mitch was great. He calmed the situation down. The landscaping guys miscommunicated. They told us that they have messed up our irrigation system and that we didn’t have the right number of heads. They promised us some whole heads slammed out there. So as far as all that goes, everything was working. We never got an apology from the other guy, though.

Another part that I was concerned about is when we’re supposed to receive a chlorinator originally and it wasn’t on. So Blue Haven had to call the plumbers back out for them to add the inline chlorinator. But other than these issues, Blue Haven was pretty decent anytime I talk to them. They were very fast in creating our custom concrete pool. I love the pool’s design, the patio, and the recommendation they gave for the patio. I was bragging on Blue Haven’s timeliness and how everything looked to my next door neighbor. He got a pool and he was comparing. He paid way more than I did and mine was better than his. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven to someone, however, we’ll still have to see how the warranty request I made is handled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Blue Haven's design consultant came out to the house twice and we met with them at his place. We changed the design a couple of times based on what we thought we wanted. He accommodated every idea we had and came up with a great design. The construction took a while but that was part of our deal because we agreed that they could start in the winter and do what they could. It started before Thanksgiving and our yard was really torn up until the end of April. The delays were due to weather and cold. There were times, a month or so, that nothing was happening but we knew that because that was part of the arrangement. The pool costs more than what we wanted to pay but it's great.

We have the plaster and the remote as add-ons but we don't have those yet. However, I don't know how the plaster would make a difference and the remote is just so I can put something up around the pool equipment and I don't have to see it all the time. Overall, it was a great experience. I highly recommended them to somebody else who was also looking so I gave them our design guy's name and the company name and his contact information.

At first, we wanted to do one design and then we changed because we wanted to move the pool to the back. It ended up okay but there was a point when we got other bids and I told the sales rep that we will no longer use Blue Haven. He then said, “Please give us another chance.” The whole problem since we started with them is the landscaping guy. He's horrible. He's such a liability but they keep using him. He called me one day because we needed to do some landscaping as it was part of the deal. He said, “Well, you contracted me.” I said, “No. The deal was that we would go with Blue Haven to use you but you're under the supervision of Blue Haven’s sales rep.” I did contact our sales rep whenever there was an issue and he dealt with it as he said.

In the property that we bought, you could not plant any trees up against the wall. There was an easement so we bought large concrete plots and planted trees in the pots. The irrigation had to go through the pots. Then Blue Haven did all the cement and they put in the pumps. They did the pool. They also had a guy that put the gate in and he was terrific. It worked well and they did a good job.

When we landscaped, if anything happens to the irrigation, there's a warranty. So when two of our trees were dying, I tried to call the landscape contractor and he said, “Oh, I'm going to have to replant everything. It's going to cost you time.” When I told my husband, he said, “Forget it. I'm going to do it myself. Just don’t call them anymore.” So my husband did it. The landscaper failed to show up at three different appointments. I had to take off work and I kept telling my husband, “Well, it's warranted. Why don’t we just call them?” But he said, “No. I don’t want that guy at my house anymore.” So if it wasn’t for the landscaper, the company was wonderful.

When we went to go into another bid, it was with their competitor, Desert Springs, which was recommended by my realtor. When they gave us the bid, it was for the whole thing including landscaping and the gate. I told the sales rep from Blue Haven that it was the other reason why we wanted to go with Desert Springs. So the Blue Haven rep accommodated us and helped us along. That's why I love our sales rep. He’s wonderful, but we're looking at the whole picture. I also love working with the construction supervisor, Jeff. So the only complaint I had was with the landscaping guy. Everybody else was fabulous and the whole process ended up being a good thing. Not just the pool but also the whole yard in our home and the landscaping. So I would recommend Blue Haven but I would tell people who go to them, “Don’t use the landscaper. Get your own.”

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Overall, I'm very pleased and very happy with Blue Haven. I'm happy with the way my pool came out. The design is exactly what I wanted and the construction was good. The designer and consultant that I dealt with were very good and the construction process was done on schedule. AJ, the construction manager, was very good. He always returned my calls and answered all my questions. We had one little issue but it was taken care of promptly.

Blue Haven originally built our pool back in 2000 and they recently resurfaced it. Our interactions were great and they did a really great job just like they did initially 17 years ago. The rep and even the guys that came out to do the job were all good.

We had a consultant from Blue Haven come to our house. She showed us different designs once she had the layout of our backyard and we made small little tweaks to it. Construction was scheduled for six weeks but it ended up taking eight weeks because we had a lot of rain. Communication also wasn't the best. We had no idea when they were coming out to do anything. I was always having to constantly call and say, "Are we on the books for today? What's going on?" I could never get any update.

I would definitely recommend Blue Haven but one has to stay on top of them to get any type of feedback and know what they're doing when they're doing it. One part of our pool backs up to a 5-foot utility easement so they couldn't do decking on that side and were supposed to build up a wall but it didn't end up in the plans. They did the flagstone around it but the wall feature that we thought we were getting wasn't what we got.

We had several companies come out and because of the design consultant from Blue Haven, we were convinced to go with them because we told him what we wanted and immediately he said he couldn’t do it at the price we want. That was different because everybody else was like, “Yeah, we can do that.” It didn’t seem legitimate. Construction was promised at eight weeks and we did it within four. Every step was pretty professional.

The only thing is when the pool was finished, they told us we had to brush it for 10 days to get the excess plaster off. We’ve been brushing it but the plaster’s not brushing off like it’s supposed to. It’s been maybe a month. The one guy who came to show us how to work the equipment was real quick about it. We don’t know one thing from the other. He said to call him and he’ll answer our questions. We called him almost about an hour or two after he left but he didn’t answer. After the weekend, Blue Haven called us and said Dwayne told them that we called him and we have questions. In other words, Dwayne didn’t make the time to call us back. Blue Haven told me what to do but we’re still really confused about how to run the equipment and what not to do.

This weekend I called three of Blue Haven's contacts. Nobody answered ‘til this morning. Gary called and said if they go out here again, it’s going to cost me $200 or $250 and that we signed the paper. I didn’t even tell him about the broken cement plate they put because I was so upset. After paying $37000 for this pool, they’re not going to show me how to work it. But Gary agreed to come by if he's in the area.

The design process with Blue Haven was pretty smooth. Mike integrated our ideas with his. Some worked, some didn't. He made the adjustments that we wanted and he wasn't too pushy on what he wanted. Instead, he listened to what we wanted and that's what we got. We paid cash for the pool. They kept us informed of the time schedule and any adjustments that needed to be made with the schedule, we were informed prior to construction, which took six weeks.

However, I'm not happy that when we added a pool heater to it, we were not informed as to how much propane it would take to run it. So, we haven't even connected the heater. Also, as I was scrubbing the pool yesterday, I noticed that there was an area around the ledge where the flagstone is. I'm not sure if it's the weight of a flagstone that's causing it but it is already separated from the concrete. I was gonna give Blue Haven a call so they could come out and inspect it. Other than those issues, I've recommended them to a friend and I know one who had a pool completed by them.

Blue Haven was well-equipped with CAD drawing capability and they would send it to me. I sketched, emailed it to the consultant and together, we would work for the design. It worked effortlessly and quickly. The design of our pool is unique and custom. We did some waterfalls that I ordered which we're shipping in from California. The construction process took eight weeks. During our initial interaction with the construction team, we made sure that the perimeters were established and then we had minimal interaction with the actual person doing the work. We had weather issues but that’s to be expected with construction. They communicated very well with us at that time. Plus, the follow-up service and maintenance post-construction has been excellent. We had a wonderful experience with Blue Haven. So much, we're going to do another one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We saw a rep from Blue Haven and we had several iterations regarding the design until we signed basically the contract. The design part was not the best experience we had. The rep was more interested in signing the contract than explaining to us and advising us with the best. We talked to the guy and he came to the house to measure them. The first survey was wrong so we had to redo the measurements. We met the guy four or five times and after that, the process of digging the pool started.

The construction went well. There were some particular parameters here regarding access to the lot so they did as planned and as designed. It was a bit difficult because the lot is quite small and we are cornered by easements all the time. So the deal was to squeeze the pool on the small lot between the easements or the gas, electricity and the cable. We started roughly mid-January and ended early April. We more or less had good weather but it was pushed back one or two times due to weather or due to a gas line that has to be or reset somewhere. We lost 10 days or at least two weeks due to the fact that we have to reroute the gas line and it depends on the pool people. But overall, the construction went fine.

There was a variety of contractors – some were excellent and some were not as excellent as the others. I needed to be behind them all the time because they can do something really stupid very quickly. That was something worth noting especially with the flagstone, if you’re not on their back, they put anything anywhere. I'd know if it’s against a good logic but I was here all the time so maybe it was not a love affair between us. But we managed to get what we wanted and something important is that the superintendent supervised the work. The guy was absolutely excellent. He was here to supervise, correct and lead the teams. Most of them didn’t speak English and he was able to speak to them in Spanish. So that was a good experience.

However I was a bit disappointed that the sales rep wasn't more advising or offering options. We said we wanted a pool that's not cheap but not expensive. At least he could have given us an idea of what is there. He’d tell us a minimum, which ends up with some surprises. We said we wanted a relatively big staircase in the pool and he always said, “Yes.” But at the end, when the guy started to build the stairs, it was only 2-feet wide so it was a big deception. But the superintendent was able to modify that and gave us bigger stairs as originally planned. So I would say that the blank point is more the rep. He was not speaking enough with the design period. In fact, on the last meeting, we were feeling in his voice that he was pissed off with our questions on this and that and that we need to start on the pool now. We knew that he was fired after and I'm sorry about that but he definitely needs improvement.

But overall, we have a very good product and all the rest is good. The pool was absolutely basic with the usual stairs and a small place where you can sit down which is more like a safety thing. The only extra we had is the multicolor light. We also have the sole system and this automation panel. Then, I bought myself the YLS unit to pilot that from home and it is great. I like that a lot. It was not very happy with the system and the pool by itself but it seems to work like a charm. All that is done and is working perfectly. The superintendent walked us through a course on how it works and he was responsive when I had questions so that the pool is running. Everything is fine, for now, and I'm very happy. I would recommend the company.

I had three different vendors come out and give me some designs, bids and pricing and they sat down and talked with me. Blue Haven went to the county office in which I'm in to make sure that they had all the zoning right, and the two other prospects didn’t know much about the zoning and never took the care to go over there and find out. Blue Haven knew exactly where, what was appropriate for zoning in my area and what would and what wouldn’t pass permitting whereas the other one, we have to go in front of a board and protest. With Blue Haven, it was quick. They came in, took my idea, went to their offices, came back with an entire presentation, laid everything out and explained to me all the various different pieces of the design and what would and wouldn’t be acceptable in my township, so we went from there. It's very simple.

They told me the week they were going to start. They came out and dug the hole. Unfortunately, we had a downpour the next day, so we had to deal with the weather. As they went through the process, they were keeping me mostly informed of what was going on. There were a few times when I felt I needed to know more information. I was reaching out saying, “Hey, what's the next step?” You have that anticipation when the pool foundation is in. “Okay. It's been drying now for a week. What's next?” It was purely because of the way the weather patterns were and the most difficult thing for any new pool owner to understand when they're building is how the weather impacts the build. It was more of me understanding what steps were next, than it was Blue Haven. The construction process went fairly as planned and lasted for sixty days.

They had originally set out the expectation upfront that it would be around 8 to 12 weeks to build, so they broke ground at the end of April and based on weather and other factors, it was completed the end of June. My construction project manager was one of the most knowledgeable people that I'd had interactions with. He was good at explaining things like the foundations, what we are doing, how it was being laid out and why things were set the way they were. He explained the process multiple times when I inquired. He gave me his number to call anytime I had any questions or inquiries. He was fantastic and a great individual to work with. He used his knowledge and expertise to help me understand what was going on and how the pool was gonna work. He was very thorough and attentive to detail.

I just wish I had a bigger lot, but the way it’s laid out and based on zoning, there were certain things that we couldn’t do, so I'm pleased with what I have based on what pool design was available for my lot size. I was set at the very beginning and knew exactly what I wanted. I have the limestone coping which is fantastic. I have laminar jets which are like waterfalls, but they're jets that shoot water into the pool. They extended the deck and put a little knee wall in to add more depth to it, so all of those things turned out very well. All in all, it was a fantastic and great experience.

Our builder partners with Blue Haven on a lot of pools so they were recommended to us. While they're building the home, we could do Dig and Hold, which was a great feature. We went and met with Blue Haven’s designer and she had the specs for our yard and house and how it would sit in the lot. She did a 3D imaging that would show us different ways we could lay the pool out to maximize the backyard the best and it shows different shapes and materials. She was wonderful and knowledgeable. She spent a lot of time with us and gave us some good suggestions on the best layout. She knows where to go and see all the products, tiles, flagstone and different things that we ended up choosing. It was a few visits in person and we were able to see it very well before we said yes. We were building the house at the time and Blue Haven also got all the paperwork that the mortgage company needed so they could be part of the mortgage.

Once the Dig and Hold was done, we’re closing our house and we could go ahead and start, I was contacted by Blue Haven and was given a schedule of who would be here, when they would be here, what happens for second and third and what I needed to do to prepare the yard before they got here. They let me know if someone was coming. They would show up, do their job, clean up after themselves and then I would get the title company to release that check for that piece of the work and then they would move on to the next phase. It was very smooth and everyone showed up when they were supposed to and did a really nice job. We were very blessed and things got moved up a number of times which was awesome. We just had a big party here this past weekend and they finished last week. It was perfect.

The pool is custom shaped and there's a waterfall coming out of the hot tub. A back wall was raised up from the pool that’s tiled to make it look different, a little more custom and my entire backyard is pavers. They did that work too. And they recommended a landscaper who also finished last week and some cool features. They recommended some things I had never heard of before for the pool that made it a better pool experience. There are these jets that pop up from the floor and the stairs that push water and push the dirt towards the main drain, so I don’t have to vacuum or have one of those creepy crawly things in the pool all the time.

We were expecting the construction to take three full months but it took only two and a half. They moved a few things up and took good care of us. The woman at Blue Haven, Elaine made it all happen. She cared and she knew I was stressing about this party that we were having. My backyard was a disaster and right now in Las Vegas, everyone wants their pool done. I'm sure lots of people had parties but she acted like she cared about my situation and she made sure she scheduled as soon as she possibly could with everything and worked magic. And the construction crew were all nice and did a good job. Blue Haven felt like a family-owned company rather than a big corporation. I have the cellphone number of sales, the designer and his son who works at the place too. I text him a few times when needed and he was very responsive. I’d tell a friend to go with Blue Haven and that they did a great job.

The gentleman from Blue Haven came to our house and we walked through the design. He drew it up then we met at Blue Haven and went over what tiles we wanted to choose and the lining of the pool color. Then their financing people helped arrange a pool loan for us and they were very attentive. We did the basic pool and the construction process went well. They taught Chris everything and let him know everything that was going on as he was more at home when it was going on but everything seemed on point when they were saying deadlines.

When we had our pool made by Blue Haven, we had the design process with their salesperson and design team. We picked out the pool, got the quote, and the pool was already designed before I decided to move forward with them. They gave us a referral to a couple of banks. We ended up going with one of those since the bank that they recommended ended up being the best priced. It was a seamless and an efficient process. Construction has been fabulous and they finished early. They delivered everything that they said they would in time, and the people were wonderful. Everything was great.

I sat in Blue Haven Pools & Spas' office and they designed everything on a computer. The design consultant and I would verbally go back and forth and make changes. They came out and they spray painted the pool outline on the grass. If I wanted to make any changes, I can make them. They also introduced me to the supervisor of construction and they did it in a very timely manner. On the first day of digging, he thought that the design was bad for the shape of the yard so he made a change right there on the spot. It was a great change and I'm very happy that he did it. He was very responsive and was excellent. The construction process took about three months. They never lagged and they were always moving on it. If there were any delays, it wasn’t anything that hit my radar. Overall, Blue Haven did a good job and I like the little waterfall over the spa. It was a good experience and I would recommend them.

***BUYER BEWARE*** The salesman will tell you anything you want to hear to sell you the pool then wash his hands from the entire job and ship you off to someone else as soon as you sign. When you ask them about their "60 day guarantee" no one is able to answer any questions about specifics. I am on the last stage of my pool, the plaster. They decide to NOW let me know that I have to sign a waiver on the plaster in case something happens to it within the ***ONLY 1 YEAR WARRANTY** you receive on it. They said it is ONLY warrantied if you send water samples of your pool to a lab TWICE a month and maintain it on a daily basis. When asked about the "additional required maintenance schedule" needed to keep the warranty, I received no response.

I called the owner of this location. TYLER WORTHEY... who was so insanely rude and abrupt on the phone instead of trying to make things right after spending $55,000 with this company and they are already paid in full. He said for me to switch to another plaster that offers a *15 year warranty** I would have to pay almost $3,000 additional for the upgrade. I called the salesman for help as well and he says "We sell everything at cost so there’s nothing we can do." LOL... everything at cost? So you're in business for to breakeven? DECEPTIVE trade practice. The salesman will lie to you and tell you that most of their work is kept in house. LIE... every single part of the pool was subcontracted out to another company.

The ONLY positive thing about this company is the superintendent Jerry who has been at my house every step of the way and just a phone call away for any questions. The salesman will tell you anything you want to hear to get the sale. Then send you off to a superintendent like Jerry. If it wasn't for him, I would of cancelled this project at day 1... Consumeraffairs.com rates them a 1.3 out of 5 stars… BUYER BEWARE. BUYER BEWARE. BUYER BEWARE… Feel free to contact me anytime for more on this $55,000 horror story.

At first I was worried about some of the other reviews, but I thought I'd give them a chance and hear what they had to say. I didn't realize how many pools Blue Haven actually does. It started with our sales guy/designer, Rob. He asked us a lot of questions about what we want and how we plan to use our pool. Then he explained everything about their smart pool system, and how it would help to take care of the pool for us. He looked at our yard and checked the elevation levels to make sure it would work for us. And he spent time with us to design a pool and spa area we could really use, and it was neat being able to help design our own pool. It's completely custom. I felt bad for Rob because we changed our mind about the design a dozen times over a few hours. And he held in there. A big thumbs up for Rob.

It was a busy time of year when we ordered, so they weren't able to get started for about 4 weeks. Once they did, everything went smoothly. Rob explained there could be delays, so I wasn't surprised when it took a little longer than expected. They have been a great company to work with. Whenever I have called with a question, either Rob or John would call me back pretty quickly. After a few months, I noticed a piece of stone that didn't seem right and I asked them to check it out for me. They got me on the schedule and fixed it within a couple weeks of my call. The thing my kids really loved is the pool looks just like the 3d drawing he showed me on his computer. The thing I like most is how easy it is to take care of. My neighbors are jealous! :)

My husband and I interviewed 3 different pool companies. Matt, our salesman gave us such peace of mind about the whole process. This would be the very first pool construction we would experience. I personally met every person of the staff at this location. Skeeter, David, Mark as well as ALL the other key construction workers, diggers, framing, plaster's, plumbing, electrical, sprinkler, pool pump installers... Everyone was professional and courteous. The process took a bit longer than predicted... Mother nature was a factor. Each and EVERY question was always answered and my concerns addressed. The experience was educational and rewarding. Our gorgeous pool awaits the spring months and years of enjoyment... Thank you to the entire team at Blue Haven.

Called on Oct 19th and made an appointment for the 23rd... On the 23rd an hour before the appointment, Tommy called to tell me that he had to help his girls mother move and could we reschedule? Guess Blue Haven doesn't need our business.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Company Profile