Call toll free
4.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools & spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan—and in some locations, will present concepts with 3-D virtual reality software. Best of all, our exclusive state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before. In the last 20 years alone, offices across the country have successfully completed nearly 80,000 new pools!

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

422 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 18, 2019

I had three different companies come out and gave me estimates, and Blue Haven was the best. They gave me a couple people to reach out to and I went through them. The Blue Haven designer came out to the house where I went through what we wanna do, took pictures and set up a follow-up appointment. Everything was 3D and had everything set up and gave me a couple of different options. And then when I needed to be in a certain budget price, the designer worked with me on that.

The product manager communicated with me all along, told me what was going on, met with me, and through the whole process kept me updated as far as dates and timelines of what was being done. They even sent me everything for my homeowners that I needed to get it approved, then they had a separate thing. They were very reliable and they did a good job. Everything took six weeks, which was what the designer told me. I referred Blue Haven to my boss. He’s getting a pool put in by them right now.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I looked at all the different pool companies within the area and my decision came down to comparing Blue Haven's quality to what the others were offering and from talking to people who received a pool from Blue Haven. My experience working with the Blue Haven designers went pretty well. They were very willing to help. But design-wise, with the way the concrete was laid, it had the water flowing towards the house and I wouldn't have tilted it that way. I know the water has to run away from the pool but I wouldn't have put it going towards the house. I would have slanted it back and away, towards the back ditch line that takes the water away.

They are probably used to sloping away from the pool. But the minute they started digging, a guy mentioned having gutters back there because the water was gonna run away from the pool. Obviously, they were acknowledging that it was gonna go up near the house. So I went and got gutters put in. I thought that would resolve the issue because that was what they said needed to happen. But lo and behold, that wasn't the end solution.

I told them from the beginning that I have a small little ravine that curves like a half moon shape. Basically when the water comes down from the house above me, it hits that little ravine and hooks around towards the back of the fence and down to the other yard. I didn't have an issue before the pool was put in. When I had it re-landscaped, I actually had someone come in and help me even fix that problem.

I think the problem is that design. There needs to be a little bit more attention to detail in the laying of concrete to figure out what would be the best angle to bring that water. They should be more engaged in that part. The price focused so much on getting a hole dug but to me, the water issue was the intricate part. I understand we're responsible for putting our yard back together, which I did. But at the same time, something that's gonna contribute more of a hazard that could be prevented should be prevented. But I'm also on the side of the hill. I'm not just on level ground so for what Blue Haven pulled off, they did an outstanding job.

We also had a little extra pad put in for our hot tub but they put the electrical outlet 2 feet in on the pad. I don't know why it wasn't closer to the back of the concrete. They were willing to work, drop it down and make it come over to the end of the concrete and go back up. But I don't understand why that wasn't done from the beginning. Still, those were my only two really big issues. Everything else was fine and the design was accurate. The construction also went smoothly, minus the rain. We had a lot of rains so those delayed the amount of time it took for them to be able to get it done. But other than that, I don't have any complaints.

I prefer the size of the pool and its depth. It only goes 6 feet and that helps with circulation. I've had no issues with keeping the pH or the chlorine levels correct. The pool also has lights that you can set. It also has the ozone system and it has the timers on there to be able to set it for however long you want. Those features are helpful for operating the pool on a day-to-day basis because I don't have to worry about it. I do also love the feature where if it's gets near freezing, the pump will automatically kick on. I don't have to go over there manually and turn on the device everyday. It's very convenient.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I found Blue Haven through the home magazine that they send through the mail. I took a chance to get some quotes between them and some other pool companies. And I was able to work with them the best out of everyone. Everything went really well with with the designer. I called them up, set up an appointment, gave them a brief idea what my wife and I were looking for. He was able to create a design and he sent it our way for approval. He was very helpful in working with us, creating some of the different design shapes, ideas, and adding sun shelf to the pool, which was definitely much needed. Overall, it was a good experience with Tom.

Our pool has the control panel that was put inside the house. And it also has LED changing light type of illumination. The pavers that we picked were a nice touch. They came out really nice. There were two sun shelves in the pool. So, we’re glad we went with two instead of just one, and getting an umbrella in each shelf put in as well. It helps out because we got a little one-year old. On the actual construction process, I was really impressed because my neighborhood had a bit of pools being put in around the same time. And for the most part, everybody has been consistent in the sense of getting their yards torn up to have the tractors drive through. I’ve seen some that tear up the sidewalks really bad, and then, from what I’ve heard, it’s up to the homeowners to repave it or re-cement it. But luckily, we didn’t have to worry about it or touch it or redo it. So, at least the construction process was nice and clean.

Everything went great. The only thing that took a little bit of time and I’m still waiting on is having a couple of these pavers replaced on the pool decking. I’ve been promised by one of their office ladies of what and when it's gonna happen. That timeframe came and passed and being busy with work, by the time I got back, they were like, “What are you talking about?” I even had one of the guys come out there to look at it. One of the project managers pointed out to me what they recommended being replaced and taped off. So, luckily, I finally was able to get a hold of someone who did come back out and looked at it. And then they agreed with me that they definitely will get replaced. It's just a matter of getting the pavers ordered and for them to ship, which I understand could take about three weeks.

I would recommend Blue Haven to make sure that someone like the lady who promised me a timeframe actually follows through with her promises and actions of what will be taken care of. Also, they could make sure she’s more informative with some of the customers in regards to construction. I got delayed about two to three weeks with the pool construction because when I called her and asked, “Hey, when can I get my fence installed?” And she said I should wait on that and she'd let me know when I could. When I called her to ask those questions, that would’ve been a great time for her to say, “Okay. We’ll let you know when. Just make sure you have your permit pulled, everything done, ready to go for the fencing.” I was under the impression that they already did it or had it taken care of. But they didn’t.

I got the quote and the work schedule, but it was just a matter of getting that permit which delayed us about two to three weeks. And that would’ve been helpful if she told me when I first called her. And I would’ve had that done, so that when she gave me the okay to have the fence installed before they could finish the pool build, that would’ve been very helpful. Other than those, I absolutely recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We were able to work with an excellent designer from Blue Haven. We modified some things several times. He took what we wanted and we asked to add a few things once we saw what the estimated costs were. He also made a suggestion on the tiles that we used and we were really pleased when we got it. He put a patio around the pool and explained to us on how deep it would need to be in slope. Then, we added a few lights on the sides and a waterfall feature, which is my favorite, on one side.

Everything about the construction process went really smoothly. The workers were really good and they got things done really quickly up until the last stage of it. We had some trouble though with the final stage once they had everything done and there were several times they said the contractors were gonna come, but then didn't get them out there. It took a while to get someone out there. Other than that, we had a really pleasant experience with Blue Haven throughout and they did an excellent job. I also love the smart features with the pool that we use from our phone. Now, I don't have to walk across the grass over to the controls to do anything. It makes the operation of the pool so much easier. There are days when I'd start to turn the heater on from wherever I am so that it would be warm when I get home.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Working with Blue Haven Pools & Spas went fine until the end. However, they plastered the pool when it was windy so dust settled on the bottom and stained it. I tried several times to get a response, but so far, they haven’t responded. When I went to the office, they just told me that they would send somebody to take care of it, but they haven’t. My permits are still sitting out there because I haven’t got the final inspection. I don’t know what’s going on. I wouldn't recommend them unless they take care of my pool.

About a month ago, I went to the Blue Haven office because I was getting threats from the cement company. They were gonna put a lien on my house because Blue Haven wasn't paying them. I told Blue Haven that if they don't solve it, I will go to my lawyer and let him handle it. By the next day, they told me they were gonna take care of it and they did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was on the internet looking at reviews and Blue Haven was the best one around for us. Their designer was great. She came out and she made our pool what we wanted it to be no matter what the time was. She spent more time than usual because I couldn’t make up my mind. But she was patient and got it just right, so it was really great.

The design is different than most. We have a tanning ledge and we got the pool waterfall feature that acts as a bench as well, the lights, the LED lights that change colors, the jets, and the bubbler. We haven’t been able to really get in the pool because it’s been cold, but I like how the waterfall drowns out any kind of background noise. It makes me feel like we’re kinda at the beach. We also have the ozone, the smart control where the pump turns on and off automatically and the lights turn on and off automatically. We set them to turn off and on, so we don’t have to go out there everyday. Also, for times that we haven’t been home or we’ve been travelling, the pool is always clean because it’s on timer. And I feel like it keeps the water moving so it doesn’t get stagnant.

During the construction, the thing that stood out the most was how well-organized everything was. Everything was on schedule if not a little ahead of schedule. The installers cleaned up after themselves and kept everything nice and neat back there while they were doing work. If anything was wrong, if I went out there, then they would correct it immediately. There were no issues.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Working with the Blue Haven designer and team went very well at first. I went down and picked out the tile and they helped me. The pool was designed by Jeff who runs the place. The pool had a little riser that was supposed to come up over the back. When I came over one day, the guys were making a huge five-foot tall monstrosity on the pool. I knew it wasn't right, but I didn't know exactly what the design was because it had been months before and I do not really remember what we did. The workmanship was really poor. It was off-center. I was telling them how to do it and even when we were doing it, I thought that this was not anything I would want.

Jeff came out and said that the pool was fine and I said no. I was also building an addition onto the house and the other contractors told me that it was really bad. I didn't appreciate the fact that he designed the pool and he knew they were building it differently and he didn't object to it. So, we consistently said the workmanship is so bad and John said that they will take it down and put it back. I told him to take it all down and make it flat as I do not trust that it was gonna look good. So, we left the whole thing flat which I was fine with. Eventually, it was done correctly and we had somebody else come out and do it.

When I look at the pool now, it is beautiful but since then, the problem was that Jeff has not had any help that was worth a toot to come out and fix little things. And now, he has a gentleman who came out recently. I showed him a leak on the pool thing and there is a problem with the landscaper and my overflow valve isn't working. There are some issues between the landscaper and the pool people are trying to figure it out. But still, I haven't had anybody come out and fix that leak yet. It has something to do with the filter and it just leaks like a sieve that it's not supposed to. This has been going on for a couple of weeks at least. I called and then, Patrick came out and I showed it to him. He said he would bring a plumber to fix it but I was out there yesterday and it is still leaking.

Moreover, when the plasters came out of the pool, they left footprints in the plaster at my steps. And down at the very base of the pool, there is a very long intake for the water. There are also two slots that have been there the whole time that was rusty. I also have a little lounge deck thing where I can see where the plaster is all discolored and a mess. My neighbor behind us was not too happy that we had to go through her yard to get permission to go through with the trucks to get in my yard. She let us do it but it took forever to get the ruts and everything out of the yard. It was raining and sticky but even at the end, it was really tough to get the guys who were on those machines to understand that the yard needed to be flat, so the grass could grow where they tore it all up. Eventually, my neighbor said no and that we can't go back in the yard anymore. So, it just stayed the way it was.

Given my experience, I had two sets of contractors here. I had the Blue Haven and I had the other guys from another company that was adding a family room, a bathroom and a carport thing, storage and the difference was night and day. I had the best contracting company ever who was working on my house and I will not recommend Blue Haven. Despite that, Jeff is absolutely so personable and tries hard and works very hard. I like him a lot. But, I think a pool cannot be built by himself and he has to have people who care about the business just as much as he does and who can handle things as much as he can and I think that was what happened.

Original review: March 30, 2019

The Blue Haven designers met our expectations with the pool plan that they created for us. They gave us advice on the things that we wanted to do. We got the salt water pool. We asked about the ozone smart feature, but it wasn't an option that they offered. They had good people working for them and they did a pretty good job. It was a little more complicated than we expected, but we're happy and pleased. Everyone was always very professional and they’ve been responsive to any issues that came up. Overall, we're satisfied with the result. I like having the hot tub which is a great addition. We use it often in the winter and that has been a plus. Our experience with Blue Haven was very good and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Our pool leaked from the beginning, September 2017. The Blue Haven in Metairie, LA applied putty at least 2 times and that did not solve the problem. They then said we would have to pay for a leak test. We had just spent $41,000 and were not prepared to pay for a leak test. In December of 2018, we called again about the leak and they did not return our call. We called twice and waited 3 weeks. Somehow, as I was trying to contact Blue Haven Nationwide, I sent an email about the problem. The complaint must have reached someone, because Robert ** of Blue Haven, Metairie, LA called me that day. He began the conversation by saying that if I contacted the corporate office again, he would not help me.

They sent someone out. The employee applied putty again 2 more times. When I said that it was still leaking, he said that there was nothing more that he could do and that I would need a Leak Test and that I would have to pay for it. We had the leak test and the leak was found. We had another company fix the pool because we have no faith in Blue Haven of Metairie, LA. We paid $500 for a leak test and $1200 to repair both skimmers. I sent the invoices and a letter to Robert ** and asked for a refund of $1700. He said he would not do that. I would prefer to get my money refunded and have trust and faith in the Blue Haven name than to post this complaint. Without compensation, I will pursue other remedies.

Original review: March 20, 2019

The Blue Haven franchisee that I got was excellent to work with. He did everything he said he was gonna do and I couldn’t ask for more. As the owner of the company, he was hands-on every day and I would refer him to anybody in Atlanta. My interactions with their construction team also went very well and the pool that they built for me is beautiful. It has a stone in the waterfalls and all the Pebble Tec. It also has SmartFeatures and when the temperature gets below 30, it comes on and keeps the pipes from bursting.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The Blue Haven designer I worked with was very professional, very detailed, and very receptive to questions. The construction team quickly updated every step of the way as far as what was going on. I had brilliant interactions with them. Overall, I had a very positive experience with Blue Haven and I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Blue Haven's reps were good. There were different people on each phase of the project. And one guy was really good at communicating but another guy was not. But other than the weather conditions that we had to deal with, everything went really smooth. I also like the pool's sundeck.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Using the CAD/CAM, the designer made a video with our plans and that was the selling point. However, there was a disconnect once the pool was near-completion and Blue Haven could’ve used a lot more time and given us a lot more education on how to take care of the pool. The customer service after the pool is complete is really vital.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Blue Haven's pool designer, Gary, was good. We gave him an idea of what we wanted ahead of time, and then he scheduled an appointment to come out. And he already had plans already drawn out on the computer for us. So, it saved a lot of time in that respect. The guy that managed our project, Adam, was really awesome. He was always responsive. And when I send an email out, I got a response within minutes. I like our pool's unique design, and we have a circular device thing that we use to turn the spa on and off and the lights on and off. We've already recommended Blue Haven to other people.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This is the second pool I've had constructed by Blue Haven. The process went seamlessly and I highly recommend them if you're considering installing a gunite pool! Keep in mind this is a major construction project. Blue Haven walks you through the process and keeps you up to date! The office staff was very helpful!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I went through Blue Haven for my pool loan and they were very straightforward. They were very helpful and walked me through the process. It was very easy. Also, Adam, the designer, was outstanding. He took what we wanted and was able to give us suggestions. Then he pulled something up and it was exactly what we wanted. And when we went and picked out things, the person that was there helped us on my wife's idea of what she specifically wanted. Then we were able to make changes at that point, which made the pool better. We did a raised tanning ledge with the flagstone waterfall coming down and that's my favorite part of the pool. Blue Haven's construction team were also great. We were able to communicate with them and we had no issues. Adam pretty much handled most of it and told us what was going to happen, so we weren't surprised. The process went smoothly and we were really happy with our experience.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We love Blue Haven. They had better reviews than most of the other ones that were around town. They helped with the pool loan and told us where to go. When the designer came out, he did a blueprint of our yard and then came up with a unique design for our pool that no one else will have. After that happened, he was out here all the time making sure all the specifications were right. Blue Haven was very involved with the pool. We have a water feature and a light that changes a bunch of colors. It's really fun. The construction team was also awesome and very professional. They always let us know what they were doing and they cleaned up everything. They gave us a timeline on how long everything would take and they were actually spot on. If we had to do it all over again, we would have picked Blue Haven no matter what.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We were trying to decide whether to get an above-ground or inground pool, and Blue Haven is well-known around the area. And we went over and talked to Dave. We were afraid of earthquakes because we had had an inground pool in town, and we're afraid the reason it started leaking was because of that. But Dave said it was probably because of the soil that they packed the pipes in, and they didn't do that right. He also said that they had built several pools in California. Their company is nationwide. It made us really think that going with a nationwide company like that is the best way to go.

Our designer created the design for our pool. We love it and I never thought that it would look like that. Also, we got a little fountain and a deck on the pool. I watched during the whole process because I work from home, and the construction was excellent. I couldn't believe they were so precise with a big construction equipment. They told us that everything will be done in a month and a half. But I got a little worried because we've had some rain and we didn't know if it was gonna stall out. But the guy came out here and explained it to us. Whenever we had questions, we would call them, and they were great. Also, the problem we had was the pool was not gonna be as white as it is. It turned out to be fine, but we have lots of red dirt out here. And when it gets a little bit dirty, it sure shows. A darker color may have been better, but it's alright. Nevertheless, we would recommend Blue Haven to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We had an architect design a pool and Blue Haven built it. This is the second pool that Blue Haven has done for us and Bob was excellent and knowledgeable. We operate the pool through a smartphone. The lights, the backyard lights, the overflow features, and the infinity have been wonderful. Every feature that we have is beautiful. Blue Haven was very professional, and they provided very excellent service and superior construction.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I liked the structural component of the product of Blue Haven. I had some understanding of the construction principles and the product itself was superior to some of the competition I saw. Also, the pricing was in the ballpark. We picked out the product predicated upon what we were looking for. I've had a pool back in New York and we modified it, and I was looking originally for a diving board. We also wanted the spa and the sales manager came over with new sales. The sales manager was able to give us the appropriate information, so we were able to agree upon the product without too much trouble.

We were looking for a decent-sized pool and we didn't need the diving board because it would restrict the area for the low ends, where the children and both grandchildren could spend some time. I wanted the spa too and it wasn't that difficult in that regard. The different subcontractors that came to the house were polite. However, in order to consummate the entire construction project, you gotta be almost a general contractor, which I thought was ridiculous. Fortunately, I built three restaurants, so I'm used to it, but I could see where someone was not in the position and would not be predisposed to do things like that. In other words, they were changing the people around when they should have done it from A to Z.

In the end, they told me to call the county for an inspection when in fact, it was the town of Middletown that was responsible for it. They were supposed to provide an as-built architectural depiction in order to get to final inspection, but they hadn't. The pool was completed by the end of August, and the document wasn't submitted to the town until December.

I really like the spa feature of the pool. We also have the remote and we have a plaster color we picked out. It is very reasonably sophisticated. The product itself is excellent and I have no complaints about it. There were the trials and tribulations of going from point A to point Z, but some of it wasn't Blue Haven's fault in the sense that there was some bad weather that created delays. However, there should be a site manager that would start and end the project and do the final certification from the town. I shouldn't be in the middle in any way, shape, or form other than be allowed to make certain situations with regard to the coloring of the deck and the size of the deck. I modified it to make it a little bigger.

Still, the important thing is that the product itself was very good and the pricing was competitive to other pool companies. I liked the people I dealt with. They were fine people and I didn't have to deal with anybody who didn't produce the bare portion of the product the way they should have or who was impolite. But, logistically speaking, I had to be involved with moving the thing along.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I only wanted gunite, and out of everyone I talked to in this area, Blue Haven was the best for what I wanted. We did a lot of research for four months figuring out what type of shape and design we wanted. The designer helped us put a little bit of it together with the dimensions of our backyard and making sure we chose appropriate colors based on my limited creative mind could come up with.

The pool was installed in December and the construction team stayed on top of everything. We got a pool and a gas firepit put in, and they had to do a little bit of modifications on the underground piping. They were awesome and very accommodating to our schedule. We went through a tropical storm and a hurricane at the time that we started the construction. They also didn't charge me any extra when I had to delay a little bit. They did well. Blue Haven is a very professional group. The pool is beautiful and everyone tells me it’s gorgeous. I'm very happy with the end product. If someone's specifically looking for a quality gunite pool and they're willing to spend the money, that’s 100% what Blue Haven will give.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Blue Haven had a designer come out. He laid all the necessary sculptures to try to see exactly where the pool and landscaping would go and also when the water came down when it would rain, so it wouldn't go into the pool. He met my expectations. The rep was also nice. I told her I had to put some on the credit card towards the end. She was very helpful. However, the people who came out and taught me how to use the swimming pool itself could be a little more specific with their directions. Even so, the construction team was nice, friendly and they tried to make sure they didn't make a mess. They picked up their waters and their cups. I offered them drinks down here and they were very grateful. The pool that I got has the waterfall out of the hot tub. It has a slide, a basketball court, and it has two ledges in it. But I still have to call Blue Haven. They put one umbrella holder in, and they still owe me three more. The guy told me to just mark it.

Also, George, the supervisor that I had, was great. He was overseeing everything. One of the pipes broke on Christmas. I called Blue Haven the day after, and George sent somebody out right away even if it was pouring down rain. I’d tell others that the people from Blue Haven are very professional and knowledgeable and if others chose Blue Haven, they would have no worries.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I called just about every pool company in my area to try to get a sense of their operation. I spent countless hours online reading reviews and ended up having three companies at the house for a quote Blue Havens was in the middle but not by much. They pricing was plus or minus 3 or 4 thousand dollars. We chose Blue Haven because they seemed to be the bigger company. We signed the contract for approximately $80,000 for everything. Which was to be paid as they completed the job.

It took about 8 months for them to complete the job at more than $10,000 over the contract price while destroying my driveway and yard. Be careful. They will go over the contract with you with all your options, which includes the decking, and you will sign off on the price. A short time later they will go over they decking with you and have you sign another document saying the included sq ft of decking included is 900 sq ft. Then a price will be shown which in my case was over $10,000. The salesman states this number is already included in the price and you are signing for the agreed upon sq ft.

During the insulation of the Gunite we received about 2 inches of rain which caused the deep end of the pool wall to collapse. While going over the build process the salesman noted our newly paved driveway and stated their truck would have to go through the yard so they do not damage the driveway. Due to the heavy rain Blue Haven Gunite trucks used the driveway instead of the yard. Their back tires sank into my asphalt driveway 3 or 4 inches. Blue Haven refused to fix it stating the contract relieves them of any damage costs. Then seven months and $60,000 into the build you will get a call saying they are ready to do the decking and need the $10,000. You will refuse to pay it and they will tell you it doesn’t matter what the salesman said the fine print on the bottom of the decking document states that the $10,000 is in addition to the $80,000 pool.

At that point you can either pay it or live with a big muddy $60,000 hole in your backyard. We paid it and they finished the decking. It took another 2 months after the pool was finished for them to get the electronic controls to work. The lights would never be in sync and every time the heater turned on the electrical line running from my house to the pool would buzz and vibrate the floor in my bedroom. The bottom line is Blue Haven is made up of a lot of small contractors and if you have problems the large company support you thought you had doesn’t exist. The local company here in Northern Virginia is made up of conman and they will cuss out your wife on the phone and dare you to sue them, stating they have been sued many times and never lost. Do not make the same mistake I did. I have videos and pictures of all the damaged and failed pool walls to prove it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

A friend of mine had a pool built by Blue Haven. I liked the quality and their willingness to work with some specific situations I had. We had a small area to build the pool in but they were able to get something in for us and they designed a way to get their equipment without tearing up everything. Their construction team was excellent. They showed up when they said they were gonna. They were clean and they also kept the job site clean. Everything was of high quality. We got the tanning shelf, umbrella sleeve and heater with the pool and I find the ozone feature to be most helpful for operating and maintaining my pool. All in all, Blue Haven was great to work with.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The level of service that the designer provided upfront was really good. We kinda customized the pool to fit our yard and his plan was very detailed. He made it look exactly like our house so we could better visualize what we were gonna get. Blue Haven's price was also competitive and the level of support they provided as far as financing was good. Then the construction team did a really good job. All the guys who came over were very polite. They committed to finishing the pool within 60 working days, which they met, and they cleaned up after themselves.

We have colored lighting for our pool and we also went with the UV and the Ozonator, which are supposed to help reduce the amount of chlorine that you have to use. The system that Blue Haven installed seems to be working really good. One of the things that came with the package was an automatic pool cleaner. I call it a robot. It roams the floor of the pool and that has been taking care of most of the leaves. So there hasn't been a whole lot of maintenance to do.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We moved to a new neighborhood that was 20 minute from the beach. After few months we decided to get a pool, in the meantime we met our 1st neighbor that had purchased a pool from Blue Haven. She invited us over and looked at her pool, as picky as I am we decided to give it a shot. We first interviewed 3 pool contractors, Blue Haven was the last one and after meeting with Jim ** we decided it was the right company to chose.

He was very professional and polite and he demonstrated everything like it’s today. A couple weeks later we met at their office in St. John’s bluff Jacksonville Florida. We sat down and discussed everything and closed on the deal. In the meantime we met with Mike the owner and Bob the field manager. After a short conversation we knew we were in a good hands. From start to finish it was less than 90 days as promised despite the weather conditions.

Our home was treated with respect and Bob made sure that everything was done properly and correctly. Anytime we called the office about any concern, staffs were very polite and answered any question we had. To make the story long short it was a pleasure dealing with Blue Haven and Mike the owner made his last stop to look at our pool and made sure we were very satisfied. Do yourself a favor and look no further if you decide to buy a pool. We can’t wait for the warm weather to enjoy it. Thank you again Blue Haven team of Jacksonville Florida!

Blue Haven Pools & Spas response

Thank you for the nice feedback and for posting the photos as well. We are happy to hear about your experience with the Jacksonville office, and we wish you many years of fun with your new backyard resort.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

This is our second pool and we’re glad we went with Blue Haven again. I would tell others to use Blue Haven as well. From a previous house, we already had a pool that Blue Haven built and when we moved to this house, we did some shopping around. But everybody either blew us off or gave a price that was so high. It was either they wouldn’t call us back or they wouldn’t come out. We decided to call Blue Haven back and they came with a reasonable build. The designer was really good too. We have a son with special needs so we designed the pool for him, and the designer took all of that into account. He listened to what we wanted and he designed the pool.

Then the foreman who was out here was really great too. He listened to us and he kept in contact with me really well. I had his number so I could text and ask him questions anytime. He also gave us suggestions for the caulking, the colors and all that kind of stuff. He told us what he would do if it was his pool. Most of the delays we encountered were not Blue Haven’s issue either. It had to do with the HOA that we were in. But the foreman finished the pool really fast because we were on a deadline, and the pool looks perfect. We have the SmartPure Ozone and we colored the pool, in the plaster, then we had them build a very large deck. Blue Haven had that software to show what the pool would look like next to the house. And it all came up pretty close to what the designer had laid out.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Blue Haven's designer explained to me the pool sizes based on family size. He explained which size would be the most optimal and which I had to take into consideration. I thought what he did was awesome because he didn't try to sell me on the largest expensive pool. Instead, he tried to sell me on what my family would need and then, we went from there as to what we would want. We didn't go fancy with the pool's design. We wanted a big size because we have a big family, so we dumped our money into the size as opposed to the decoration.

The construction team was amazing and I would never hesitate to recommend them to anybody. All of the people who came out to do the work said that Scott builds a really good pool. Even the pool guy who cleans our pool has had Scott build two pools for him. He said Blue Haven is definitely a quality pool. Scott gets very busy though, which kinda sucks, and then we had a huge fire in the middle of the construction period. Some of the workers left, so that delayed some things. But for the most part, it was an amazing experience. They were there on time and they did the job they said they were gonna do. If I had questions, they answered them. We have a remote control pump and the LED lighting with five lights. Those features come basic. We also got the upgraded vacuum and we upgraded our pump. We've got an amazing pool, and I would tell my friends to definitely look into Blue Haven.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The Blue Haven's designer met my expectations with the pool plan that was created. It's just unique--not the normal, somebody's pool. Its shape and how different it is stuck out in my mind. I also talked to the construction team all the time and our interactions went very well. When they were digging, they hit one of our pipes. But, they fixed that and they rerouted it all around. Everything worked out fine and I love the final product. The pool turned out really pretty. Our tanning ledge stands out, our waterfall is pretty, and we got two lights that are neat and reflect the colors that we have picked out for the tiles. This year will be even better because everything's finished back there. I can't wait for it to be open this year and we'll have a full summer. I have recommended Blue Haven to two or three other people. I show them my pictures because I have it from the beginning of the dig to the end of it, and everybody likes the pool.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Blue Haven helped me with my pool loan. Their financing team was great. The pool plan that the designer created for me was great. We're totally thrilled with everything. The construction team was great, too. They arrived on time and did their job and got done on time. They told me that the construction would take 60 days after they dug a hole, and they met that. We got a self-cleaning pool. It has the automated pads that we could use to turn everything on. It's got the flooring and a waterfall, too. They put an extra waterfall on the side and that was cool. They also put a wet deck, and I had colored lighting put in which was great. We love that.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.

• Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.

• Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.

• Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.

• Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.

• Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs