toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We've always known we wanted to get a pool and Robin, the husband of the woman who works at the pool where my kids go, was the supervisor from Blue Haven that did the pool front. For the design process, we had Jim come out and he was excellent and knowledgeable. We worked together about what kind of design and look we wanted, and they delivered. Then we just paid as we went. The construction process was excellent. We had a few rain delays, but it was nothing big. It took the city more time to issue permits and come out than anything. I loved the whole process with them, as well as the finished product. We love that they were able to build the wall that we wanted for the water feature all of the other pool features. We could even fill everything by remote too. Overall, they were superb, trustworthy and efficient. They had excellent people who were excellent to work with. I highly recommend them.

I met with the Blue Haven team for the design process and we talked, sat down and sketched the plan out, and went from there. The design consultant was knowledgeable and good. Blue Haven would have helped arrange for a loan but we paid cash. My favorite feature of the pool is the waterfall and I have the SmartVac that cleans the water. Blue Haven is professional and I would recommend them. There were some delays in the construction, but nothing they caused. It was the best ever raining season in California with 32 days straight of rain.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Blue Haven was great. I love the pool, and the fountain is my favorite. We also had four waterfalls, colored lighting, glass beads, a fire pit, and a spa. Everybody on their team was great. The only delays we had were Mother Nature. We got a lot of rain but the pool still looks great. I have their smart features and do it all through my phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We met with Peter and he came out to our house on a Saturday and laid out our options, measured out the pool, and we signed the contract with Blue Haven Pools & Spas the same day. It was pretty quick and he was very knowledgeable and polite. Plus, we’re two women looking at a pool and out of all the companies we looked at, he was very willing to deal with us and didn’t need a man’s input. That made a lot of difference in our decision.

Three days later, we had the design plans and our options for tile, plaster, the waterfall and everything. They also offered a loan, but we paid in cash. Then the construction process went really smoothly and it was handed off to Mike at that point. He’s their GC and he did a really good job of contacting us and letting us know when he was coming out. They said it would take six to eight weeks and we were done within five. They ran ahead of schedule. They actually beat all their deadlines, though I think we just lucked out and things fell into place. They had their teams coming in back-to-back days and they did a great job. They dug the hole, put in the pipes and plastered it and it was basically done.

It’s a freeform pool that they just drew out, kind of like a bean shape. We have a waterfall in the shallow end of the pool. It’s a natural-looking rock with a shallow end and a deep end, which is six feet. We also got colored LED lights which really light up the pool. Then we did pavers around the outside and at one point, we had already ordered so many pavers and they actually came back and made a little design suggestion change, then we added more pavers. The waterfalls is our favorite feature. But the fact that the pool plaster is very, very smooth, might be our favorite part in the pool. Sometimes they are rough, but this is the smoothest pool I've ever been in. Overall, they did a wonderful job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The design process with Blue Haven was very simple. We have told them what we needed and we're able to get the drawing approved very quickly. Upon approval, the site prep gentlemen were there within two days and had everything dug. Everything went as according to what we were told and it's been everything that we have anticipated. My pool has a garden ledge that puts out the return water like a waterfall and the other return water is through the spa, which spills over into the pool. The spa is my favorite feature of my pool. It also has smart features like the SmartPure, an ultraviolet and I also have a remote. Those features have been fine. We've recommended them numerous times.

We decided to have a pool put in after two years of much thought, prayers, and research. We got an estimate from Gary ** and we were impressed with the brochures and types of pools they build. Gary told us that if we had a diving board or pool slide install on our pool our homeowners' insurance would be canceled immediately. That was totally false after we contacted our insurance company and asked them. We decided on a free form midsize pool with a tanning ledge, water slide, upgraded LED lights, and large paver deck. Blue Haven started digging April 25th, and they worked very fast considering we had several days of each week of heavy rainfall. The gunite crew was very good, the coping guy named Leon is an artist with a stone saw. Sal the paver guy knew exactly what he was doing.

The many different crews had specific crafts and skills, the electricians, the plumbers, and the tile guys all did excellent work. The superintendent Darryl ** texted me every morning that a certain crew would be arriving that morning, he was very accessible and always followed up with any request or question that I posed to him. We initially had about 6 estimates from 6 pool builders in the preceding two years, and their cost were very inconsistent. We decided on Blue Haven after our research, reading reviews, and reading testimonials. We are 100% satisfied with our pool and Josh **, Kenny **, and Darryl ** are some of the most honest, trusted, reliable folks that we have ever dealt with.

We had a pool installed by Blue Haven - Calvitti 11 years ago. During that first year, gunite came off two steps going into the pool. I called and complained and they said they would refer to the warranty department. I called the following year with nothing. Also the Jazz Light broke the first year as well. I called this year and was told after waiting 4 months and finally getting a warranty claim form that the pool is not under warranty. Never again will I ever refer a person to use Blue Haven Calvitti again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got three estimates on building a pool and then I decided to go with Blue Haven. The designer, Jamie, came out to the house and looked at what he had to work with. Then he came up with the design and he tweaked whatever we wanted to have tweaked. We got it all figured out and he did really good with getting us where we are today. Their installers were really helpful too. Brent was the superintendent in charge of the construction and there were two other guys. We started in November, but they had explained to me from the beginning, that once we get the gunite done, we would have to wait until the weather got better through the winter in order to spray in the plaster and to fill it up with water. It took two months that there was no progress, but they were really good and had done everything they could do.

The pool has an overflow waterfall with a bowl that holds five to eight gallons of water and then it overflows into the pool. The only disappointing thing about my pool was the cost and I paid in cash. Also, I updated the light from the all-white to the LED colored one. Then I had Blue Haven do a remote control to control everything so I don't have to run around the house to cut everything on. All those upgrades including the bowl cost $1,000 each. But all in all, we are very pleased with the pool. It was a good process and everything went well. I have also recommended two different friends to Blue Haven.

I came up with the preliminary idea of a 25 x 75-foot pool that my client wanted. We designed a 75-foot long pool for exercise purposes and to meet the Olympic standards. We gave that to Nathan of Blue Haven Pools & Spas and we had them design the pool, the depth, and the individual equipment. The major hiccup was weather though. It happened to be in the middle of the winter and we were in mud and a lot of dirt. Then, there were coordination problems. The bad part about Blue Haven is that they subcontracted with a plumber out in Oklahoma City, an electrician out in Midwest city and with a gunite concrete spray company out in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We were delayed in getting started but Blue Haven got on it.

I reviewed the entire construction process daily as it went. There were several mishaps in the last year and a half but every one of them was corrected. They got on them immediately and took care of it. My client said that he was more than happy with the way Nathan handled all the problems. It took them some time to get it built but as of yesterday, it’s 100% satisfaction from my client. I liked the pool's automatic floor pool cleaning system. It’s like about 45 individuals pop up spray valves kept underwater that move the dirt towards the collection process. My client doesn't have to vacuum the floor. Overall, Blue Haven was good. Other than the fact that we lost a lot of time, we got it done and we got it done right. I recommend them.

Our general contractor referred us to Blue Haven. The franchise owner here passed away mid-shift and somebody bought the business. We dealt with him and he was great. The construction process took about four months and they stayed on schedule. I like the lighting feature of the pool the most.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a new transplant to the area and I wanted a national vendor - one that wasn't going to go out of business because so many contractors in Florida are horrible. The owner of Blue Haven who's also the design consultant came out to the house and we talked. I told him what I wanted and he drew up some ideas. We kinda threw some stuff around including a couple of adjustments, and the design came out beautiful. I've already privately arranged a pool loan with another builder and after speaking to Blue Haven, I quickly realized that the other guy didn't know what he was talking about.

The pool construction took about six weeks which I was really amazed at. I've had pools done before and I've never had one done in less than three months. So, six weeks was like lightning speed. Everything was done just like Blue Haven said they were going to do. However, doing a construction project on an existing home is never picture perfect and something does happen. I emailed Blue Haven's warranty department and they made an appointment to have someone come out and fix it for me, or walk me through something. Everything’s perfect now.

The way the pool's done looks very clean. The pool is all automated and I put turtles at the bottom of the pool for the grandkids. So, it's kinda cool. My favorite part of the pool is having 90-degree water naturally at night to go swimming with an ice-cold cocktail. I feel like I'm in like a Roman tub. I knew what Caesar felt like. It's really quite nice. I'm in in-home sales and I've referred Blue Haven to a lot of my customers. I tell them if they have any issues, they know Blue Haven's still gonna be in business in five years.

The reps from Blue Haven were personable and friendly and we liked the equipment they were using. The design consultant came out and measured and gave us all of our options. Everything worked well. The construction process took four weeks and there weren't any delays. We were impressed with it and it was stress-free for us.

Blue Haven is a tenant of mine in one of the buildings I own. When we built our house here a few years ago, I had them design and build a pool for us. We used them to build an indoor pool at our home when we first started our home construction and then of course once that got to a certain point, there are outside works as well. But Blue Haven was always pretty well on top of their timing in the construction process because we had to wait for the builder and everything else. So as soon as the builder was ready, Blue Haven was usually right there. So that coordination went pretty smooth.

Our interaction with them was always good. There were only two people working there at the time. For the construction process, they used subs to come in there and get everything done. The design process was pretty old fashioned. We just told the designer our ideas and thoughts and he drew it on a piece of graph paper. So it wasn't really an amazing design time with him. But Blue Haven is very good at what they did.

The only complaint I would make is that they are a small operation. If they organize a bit better and has a better design process, they could generate a whole lot more revenue. In spite of that the finished product came out fantastic. We have a big gas fire pit beside the pool and then the hot tub is integrated. It's kind of an infinity edge pool, so all of those features are probably unique. We have a large pool and we pretty much operate the entire pool functions through either iPad or our phones, which is nice. We've got a setting on our phone for a daytime pool or a nighttime pool setting and it just turns everything on that we need with a touch of a button.

I worked with Kenny from Blue Haven and he came over to draw out what he felt would be the best design for the yard. Then we spoke a couple of more times after that, picked out the pavers and the colors of the unit and that was it. However I don't think that he had all the options in his trunk. I referred one customer to them who dealt with another consultant and has gotten much more choices. Kenny just pulled the pavers out of his trunk and I only had maybe three options on color. I also haven't gotten referral bonus that they told me I was going to get. I have suggested them to a friend, but it was more for the product itself and not for the people that I’ve come in contact with. Their products are fantastic and the pool basically runs on its own.

The construction process is subcontracted as from the people who build or dig the hole, the people who come out and pour the gunite and things like that were different teams. We went out there and saw the crew were fantastic. However, we had a couple of things taken from the backyard when one of the crew was out. We can’t say for certain that it was that crew but we let them know. We went out there and tried to say hello to them and they weren’t very friendly mainly because of the language barrier.

After the construction was complete, it was suggested to use a stone that we’ve used on our outdoor fireplace, which was like a masonry stone, all on our hot tub, instead of the pavers that we had picked out originally with Kenny. We ended up purchasing some extra stones to make that happen, which we agreed to. They promised us that once they finished, they would bring a crew back out and power wash the pavers and power wash the spa, but it still has not been done. The face of the spa has a lot of grout residue. We are friends with the owner of Blue Haven and they have assured us that they will get somebody out here. But we’ve almost been in our house for a year but it's yet to be done. It’s kind of frustrating going out there and having spent $55,000 and it doesn't look like $55,000.

A buddy of mine had their pool done by Blue Haven. He recommended it. Their salesman came to our house and gave us options but we already knew what we wanted and went through that. They started work soon after but it’s been a disaster. The digging happened quickly but once we got to gunite, it took several weeks to get it done. The pool was supposed to be done in 50 days which is around middle of June but construction is still going on and we still don’t have the sundeck. Then we've had a lot of rain and we’re a month over when it should have been done. But as far as the quality of work done, it's all been good. We’ve been using the remote control if I want to turn the lights and the filter on which makes it easier than having to walk around to the box and do it. I'd probably refer a friend to them.

We live in the country and we were very concerned on drainage and all that. But we are very impressed with the design and Blue Haven was fabulous from start to finish. They started in the fall and then finished and opened it up in the spring, in March. Overall, the pool construction’s good. The only thing, we need to have a follow up on is the inside of our gunite. It has a distorted color down on the deep end and it almost looks dirty. We even upgraded on the gunite with the finish on that to a 20-year guarantee. We really need someone to have that looked at. But other than that, we were very pleased with our pool. The guy that oversees it all, Allan, was very impressive and everything else is positive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Blue Haven did a good job with our other two pools so we used them again to build our third pool. They have a pool designer who we meet with and he draws the pool that we're asking for and sends diagrams. We work it out until we get what we want and then they build it. They gave me a proposal and I agreed on it. And then they gave a construction schedule of when they're going to dig, pour concrete and approximately when they’re going to be filling and they held to the schedule. All in all, it's a good choice and it was a satisfactory experience. They did what they said they were going to do.

The design that Blue Haven Pools & Spas made for me met my expectation. We're really happy with our pool. We got a ledge and a little fountain. It uses saltwater, and it's pretty easy to care for. When they came to my house we sat down and looked at the area. Then they sketched out some plans and showed me the different options for my house. We had so many things that had to be done before the pool construction. I had an existing patio and some trees and things that had to be excavated. It took them a month and a half to complete. They were very upfront about everything, I didn't know how they were gonna do it with what we had but they did it and it's a hundred times better. My timeline with them was great. There were other things that were way off but once they started it was pretty quick. There were a couple of things that they had to fix, like the retaining walls and other things, but they got it all fixed.

To clean the pool, they recommended me getting the shark which is the best thing I've ever bought in my life. We also have the Ozonator from them and I don't know if it's due to the fact that the Ozonator puts chlorine in but it is much easier than my hot tub that gives me the nightmare. One time we've had tropical storms and mud had gone in my pool one night and I panicked. The bottom was full of mud and we put the skimmer in and the filter on high and I just had to clean the filters out after that. My pool has been really crystal clear the whole time other than that from the storm. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven to my friends.

I had an in-home consultation with Gary from Blue Haven here in Birmingham. We looked at some designs that we had actually seen online, and then he showed us some of his past projects as well as general layouts to some of the designs that Blue Haven does. He's a great salesperson who was very professional and had a great sense of humor. The owner of the Blue Haven here in Birmingham and I also talked quite a bit. He was also very personable and funny. His personality and his knowledge on his material hooked us in right away.

Beforehand, we had looked at the provider pools and we had somebody do the estimates. But ultimately, the entire experience starting from designing the pool the way we wanted it done, Blue Haven was better than the rest. From start to finish, the process took six weeks. I had colored lighting and waterfalls installed, and the stone coping is beautiful. The pool absolutely met my expectations, design-wise. We also enjoy the little tanning ledge area. It's nice for us to step on and get our feet wet if we just want to cool off without jumping in. I also have smart features included and it's making maintenance so much easier. I would absolutely recommend Blue Haven to anybody and I already have. They were very organized and we're very satisfied.

Blue Haven have higher quality products than others. Their reviews are somewhat mixed, but there were enough positive reviews for us to go with them. The consultants were courteous and to the point, though it took a bit of work to get them to want to use our design. However, there were a few things I wish that they gave a little more attention to and were a little more timely on. Also, once they were done, it’s hard to get back in touch with them. There were a couple of things I found that I had to get them to fix. But overall, they did a good job and we’re happy with it.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas was recommended to us by our house builder. And since we trust him, we went straight to them. Blue Haven's design consultant was very good. We were clear on what we wanted and they did exactly that. We also got a pool loan with their financing team and we're very happy with the result. We like that our lap pool is pretty simple and they did a pretty good job on the construction process. We had family coming over on December but they did their best to finish before that date and they did. I would recommend Blue Haven 100%.

We can customize the pool from Blue Haven which was one of the things we really wanted in a company. They came out and looked at the property and where we would be putting the pool. They measured what size of pool we could put and what our boundaries were. We told them what it was we wanted, what we are looking for and they designed it. Their design consultant that we worked with, Brandon, was very diligent in checking with us from the first inquiry to meeting with him through the process. He always responded quickly to our questions and he was another reason why we ended up going with Blue Haven.

They started digging in September and their construction team seemed to know what they were doing. We were able to start using our pool in May. We went through a dormant process during the winter 'cause we didn't think that it made too much sense to condition the pool then have it sit through the winter. The design has met our expectations. We have bubblers in the tanning ledge and I like the water feature. We also like the waterslide of the pool but I just wish it was a little bit different. We didn't realize that the curve on the water slide would be tight for adults going down and it can be a little bit challenging up towards the top. I would have chosen a different water slide had I known about that.

The only hiccup we had during the process was that we had a misunderstanding as far as whether the fire pit that we wanted was included in our pool price or not. But we worked through that and we were able to come to an agreement. They resolved it fairly quickly and we ended up going straight to the company that they used for landscaping and using them as well. Other than that, everything else has been great.

When I did some research, Blue Haven had good reviews from other people's experiences so I took a shot. The design consultant came to the house and asked what I was looking for, what my price range was and if I had more or less an idea of what features I wanted. Once I gave them that information they came back and gave me some options based on what I told them. I saw something that I liked and went with it. They also helped secure a loan for me.

For the most part, things went smoothly. Although the duration took three months, they were only at my house for a duration of three weeks. Every step they did is usually a day process. At the end of each day, they would finish something up and they would schedule a couple days later for someone else to come out to do the next step. They were good and professional. However, they have to come back and finish one thing up with my wall that they had to tear down to get into the backyard, and they haven't scheduled anything yet.

But, overall, the pool looks great. I went with some coloring to make the water a little bit more blue-like. The pool pump turns on and off based on a schedule but, other than that, all the other features are basic. I have the vacuum that cleans the pool. It's a simple pool but it meets the needs and the expectations I had. I would recommend Blue Haven. The process was smooth and painless. They're a good company and overall they meet most people's needs.

A guy from Blue Haven came and discussed the pool. He hand drew it out. Then, because it’s in a form in a book, I picked one. It was that simple. The design met my expectations but there were a couple of things a little bit off. I changed the depth of the water to 3 feet instead of 3.5 to accommodate my grandchildren, but as it turns out it's 3.5. They didn’t make it 3 feet even though I asked them to and reminded them. Also, when they’ve dug a hole in the yard, they've made a huge mess with lots of concrete all over the place. Even with shoes on, it's hard to walk out there.

They told me they were going to clean it all up but they didn’t. I even had to get a guy to come out. I'm too old to do that with the shovel and try to pile that stuff up or pick it up. I'm just mad that they didn’t come do it. Other than that, the pool was great. It's beautiful. We've had too much rain to get the concrete deck poured and we've been waiting and waiting for a month, but hopefully they’ll get it done this week and then we will get the landscaping going. I also like the LED lights, but it goes out constantly, never running, and is a pain to change.

We had initially been looking at a Blue Haven pool. I sent in a request for a pre-estimate and our designer came out and looked at our land scape and we told her where we wanted it. She said she was going to put together an initial concept based on what we were telling her and sure enough she came back and had a YouTube video and she made suggestions which we took complete advantage of. She designed the pool exactly how we wanted it. She was very punctual and she communicated well.

I had everything done prior to them getting at our place so when we were ready, it was a go. They came out, spray painted the shape of the pool on the ground, and we made a few adjustments with it. The next day they started digging and it took five weeks from that day to the time we put our bodies in the pool. The timeline was qualified with the fact that they said they can't do anything if it rained and would add time if hit a spring down there. They met every deadline that they said they would.

They were responsive when we filled the pool up with water and turned the pumps on. We have a bubbler on our tanning ledge that was not working and the guy said not to worry as sometimes the plaster would get in there. They went in and tried to bust the plaster out, it still didn't work. The guy that was in charge came back and told us that the pipe was too far for them to reach and so they have to take out the plaster and replaster the pool. They were out here when the pool was drained, and the only time it rained was when they came back to replaster it. They put a big tarp over the top of the pool, weighed down the tarp, put a blower underneath and they blew up the tarp so they could work underneath the tarp while it was raining to get the re-plaster done. It was pretty impressive and it didn't take a week to fix the problem.

Our property has a little bit of an elevation so it goes up from our back door and on the back, we could look out and see the wall as it comes around. We did a stacked stone wall with two waterfalls coming out of it along with the waterfall from the Jacuzzis. That’s beautiful, just the way our yard is set up. We have three waterfalls coming into the pool, a tanning ledge with a hole to put a number of holes and a bubbler there. And then one of the things that the designer talked us about was we were going to come out at the deep end of the pool and just come straight to the brick wall. But instead we curved it and put a curved seating area over there. That was her idea and we really like that. She did a great job in designing, something that was aesthetically pleasing and also functional.

Then we have a spa attached to our pool and we didn't want just a standard six jets, so we got six more added to the Jacuzzi in which there were two jets in every sitting station. It was completely new to them and so they did that but it's not quite working the way we wanted. We needed all 12 of the jets to turn on, but only six of them functioned and the other six were attached to the bubble. I've already got in a request for Blue Haven to come out and see what's going on.

Then the pool equipment included the wireless remote where I can see all the stuff on the pool temperature, the amount of salt and all that kind of stuff. I can also turn on the spa jets, bubbler, gas heater, the water feature, and the filter using that. And I can change the different light patterns with that remote. So for instance, my remote came up to check the salt sensor or self-sensor. I went in and cleaned the filters and the cell myself. But then I also noticed there's some water over there. I called the pool maintenance guy and he was here today. He said that it looked like they're going to have to replace the main motor as the ball bearings in it went bad. That would be something they could take care of under warranty. Blue Haven’s great and I couldn't have asked for anything better. We absolutely love the pool. I've had other people put Blue Haven Pools based upon our recommendations.

I’ve priced out 15 companies in the area and they wanted outrageous prices. They would try to give me the BS because they thought people from the north were stupid. I’ve been a builder too. I know since I could work out to what we need in the bag. They wanted me to put a separate wall from the pool and put the pool in. I told them they were crazy. They wanted almost $100,000 out of me.

Blue Haven was the last company. They forced themselves to come to my home and then we sat down for three hours. I liked the way Gary, the salesman, presented himself. He took the contract and said, “Thank you very much Joe. I’ll see you at the end.” However, I never see him anymore. I’m from the old school and if the person would sign a contract with somebody, he'd better try to be there in the beginning and in the end to see if everything was okay. You don’t just sign a contract and go away after that. That’s made me feel bad about it.

Everything is done over the phone now and nobody wants to go a new place that’s why I don't bother anymore. But the banister has to be replaced. It has gotten stains from the rain and from the repairs a couple of weeks. People would ask what happened to it when they come in. The gentleman that cleans the pool every week took a picture of it and Blue Haven said they would replace it. They put it on order now for about another two weeks. I’m still waiting for the banister and I’m still waiting to find out if they had a final inspection on it. But other than that, everything is fine. I’m very happy and I can’t ask for nothing better. They did everything the professional way from beginning to end. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend them.

Blue Haven had their developer or their software bureau go through the software that they have, and asked us questions and they incorporated that into the design. We paid for it through our bank and we got a built-in table, a sitting ledge, in-pool bar stools and a hot tub. The hot tub is my favorite part and then the tanning ledge. We use all of the pool's features. Its construction, however, took two years since we had a gas line that got hit and had to be relocated. It was outside of Blue Haven's control and when they got back to it, they met our expectations. They did a great job.

Ben, the sales rep from Blue Haven, was great to work with. He did a great job of coming over, planning the pool out and giving us drawings. It was great to see the renderings. However, in the middle of our process, right when we're about to sign the paperwork, the current owner died unexpectedly so we had to wait for a new franchisee to buy the company before we could buy the pool. Ben especially did a good job in keeping us posted on things and letting us know what was going on. It could all have been really frustrating and annoying, but it wasn't. I even remember construction guy sort out contractors and stuff like that with the new owner. We don't really have any complaints at all.

The construction took a couple of months and also went well. They were here when they said they'd be here and things were done when it said it was going to be done. We can control the pool with our phone and it's got an automatic sweeper, but I especially like its hot tub. It's great. They were really easy to work with and were nice, hard workers, polite and courteous. They keep their promises, had high quality and did an excellent job. I'd absolutely recommend them.

I liked my meeting with Dave and Manny, the design consultant and the pool installer from Blue Haven. The pool design met my expectations, too. They started with the construction in October and we put water in it in April. We had travertine and tile put on the top, and that was all done wrong. So, Manny took it all off and had to redo it. They tried to do the right thing and build it appropriately. However, I paid extra money for the darker plaster, but I've seen a couple of areas where it's pretty thin. The hot tub is flaking a little bit. That may be normal expected stuff with plaster, but Manny has been very receptive and he's gonna have to come out and fix that. Overall, it's been a positive experience with Blue Haven and I would certainly recommend them. They also helped arrange a pool loan for us and we had no problems with their financing team.

I wanted a pool and after talking with a couple of places on the phone, I decided to have Blue Haven come out. This was back in 2005 and I had a young gentleman come out. The design consultant was knowledgeable. He walked me through a lot of options and what extras I could get because I had never built a pool before. It was cute how they gave me little designs to compare how I wanted the pool to be based on what my backyard looked like. Then I got to spray paint the ground to plan how I wanted my pool to look and where I wanted it exactly. If I didn't like something, all I had to do was scrub it with my foot.

I got equity out of my house and I paid for it in cash. They started getting the permits and I didn't have any issues there except for once when I thought they were going to come out a certain day and they didn't, but it was just because of the weather. We had a pretty heavy winter that year so the permits got stalled and the construction process took three months. But I fully anticipated that and besides, it didn't get delayed in leaps and bounds. It was only a week or two and it was very nominal. The only thing that I didn't anticipate was with it being a rough winter, we couldn't do certain things with it being muddy. But in the end, it made perfect sense and I still benefited from that because the rain compacted the dirt more and so I had a really good foundation.

When I asked them to do something different for me, they accommodated me easily and without any hesitation. At the time, my son was still very small and he wasn't even swimming yet. He was one or two years old. The first step is usually a Baja ledge which is like stepping in a kind of wave, but I was trying to be smarter and I wanted my kid to benefit from it. I told them I wanted step number two to be my Baja ledge instead of step number one. So the foreman came out there on a week, got his big drill, drilled that out and made it happen for me. I was really happy about that. It's more than three feet long and that's my favorite feature now. The foreman was also very much in charge and well-mannered.

I have a waterfall and a love seat in the pool as well. Aside from those, I put in six-inch letters with my son's name and also a scorpion in the bottom of the pool 'cause I'm a Scorpio. All those things were in place and done really well. Timeliness and cost effectiveness still went well and what I purchased is what I got. I always say that the best thing in my house is my pool and I love it.

I have a solar portion in my pool and just eight months ago, I had a situation with it. I was impressed with the fact that after so many years later, I called them back and they didn't treat me like they were done with me. It didn't benefit them financially at all but they were still willing to help me. I really appreciated the fact that they were receptive to whatever questions I had and they were extremely courteous. There's probably a lot of other places out there but I had a great experience with Blue Haven. Based off of my experience, others will probably do quite well with them and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had built my second pool with Blue Haven Pools & Spas. The design consultant came out, we told him what we wanted and he had some good ideas. The process design and construction process were good plus it was a smooth process. Dealing with the consultant was really good and I was really pleased with everything as far as the design went. Blue Haven also put me in contact with the people for the pool loan who I dealt with after. It took four or five weeks to complete the construction, including the time to get the permits but it was on track. We have a lot of pavers and sitting room on the pool. I really like it and was more impressed with the buildup of the land including the way it worked out.

However, I had a problem with a coordinator. I called them and they were supposed to get back with me. Two weeks later and up to this day, they have not called me back. I just put a floater in my pool because it seemed like my coordinator wouldn’t work on it so I cleaned it out. It seemed they were done with me and if I had an issue, they wouldn’t want to get back with me. I was totally pleased with everything except for a little sloppiness on the tile work with the grout. They're good but their service is lacking. Other than that, it seems to be a good product.

Resolution In Progress

Blue Haven Pools & Spas

We are very sorry to hear about your disappointment with the BBB A+ rated office in Las Vegas re: your pool construction. The veteran team has served the Valley since 1990 under the same ownership and has built thousands of pools. However—except for your designer Dave—staff appears to have dropped the ball on ensuring a smooth build process on the second pool they built for you. Our understanding is that the local office has reached out to you regarding the concerns expressed here.

Original review: June 30, 2017

This is my second pool with Blue Haven and I wanted them again because of the rapport I had with their reps the first time. This time, I got a chlorine-based pool with a lazy L-shape. I had them put the handrail for getting out and a standard light in it. The design consultant, Dave, was awesome and easy to work with. He was very informative, understood what I was talking about and went in detail. He did a really good job and the pool turned out exactly what I was looking for as far as the layout is concerned. But the person in charge of setting up the dates for the construction out-and-out lied to me. I was told the workers would be out at a certain time and they didn’t come out. When I called her about it, she denied it and tried to act like I was making up dates. I was very dissatisfied with that and we didn’t get along whatsoever.

I talked to Dave and though he had nothing to do with the set-ups, he went over and straightened some things out. It was to the point that I was going to cancel the pool and go somewhere else. I also talked to the manager of the Blue Haven store and he apologized and asked for another chance. Once the steps were done, I also had a lot of issues with the work of the pool. For instance, I had stone put around the edge of the pool and it was razor sharp where they’d cut and ground it. There were all kinds of grind marks and I couldn’t even put my fingers up against it without cutting it. I told the inspector that it wasn't right and he said that it’s the way they’re done. But I didn’t have that in my first pool and I had to fight him about it. He didn’t care.

Then, when the workers started to dig, they had all kinds of excuses for not doing it on schedule like having flat tires. When they parked the equipment here, which was their idea of doing something, they drove across the neighbor’s driveway and made cleat marks on it. The guy that lives there is a renter and he was complaining about people driving on his property that he didn’t give any permission to. When I called Blue Haven, the guy in charge of the digging denied that their men drove on my neighbor’s property. I told him to come out here to look and when he did, he apologized and made sure they painted a line on the ground so their guys wouldn’t cross over. He also said he’ll have their guys scrub the driveway if there were any more problems with the landowner next door.

The guys at Blue Haven also put my water system together. I put an automatic filling and they hooked it up. The next day, the sprinklers won’t shut off. Since it was a Saturday afternoon, I wasn’t going to get anybody at Blue Haven to fix it so I ended up paying my landscaper to come out here. He took the sprinkler apart and there was a bunch of blue sealer from when the Blue Haven guys put the sealant. It got caught in the lines so the valve was shut making the sprinkler run nonstop. I told the manager of the Blue Haven store about it and he told me to send them a bill and they’ll pay for it. But I paid cash to the landscaper that does the work on the side so he didn’t give me a receipt.

With the first pool I did with Blue Haven seven years ago, I didn’t have any of the problems. When they did the first pool, I didn’t have to go out there and check. This time, I had one issue after the other and this went on from when they started building the pool until it was finished. Dave helped me out tremendously and I couldn’t ask for a better person to step outside of his job. I knew his job was to design the pool then he walks away. But he told me to call him if I had a problem and gave me his personal number. He would come out, take pictures to show people of Blue Haven what was wrong and half the time, they wouldn’t even look at the pictures.

Overall, other than the designer, I was very dissatisfied and disappointed with Blue Haven. Because my pool was not high dollar, I was less important to them and treated that way. I had to argue with their people to get them out here to see what the problem was and fix it. But I shouldn’t have been the person to do that. When everything was all done, the final product is really nice but I would never recommend Blue Haven to do another pool for anybody because of that situation. It was ridiculous and the worst.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.
  • Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.
  • Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.
  • Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.
  • Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.
  • Best for homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Company Profile