Blue Haven Pools & Spas

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Blue Haven Pools & Spas

Blue Haven Pools & Spas designs and builds affordable in-ground pools and spas in all sizes, shapes and styles. Its high-tech SmartFeatures automate pool care, purify with virtually no chlorine and save time, money, water and energy. Local designers from 60 U.S. locations provide free in-home estimates and custom plans. Customers who qualify can get 100% financing. Since 1990, Blue Haven has built or remodeled nearly 110,000 pools.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customizable
  • Free estimates
  • Financing available
Cons
  • Limited availability
  • Pricing not disclosed online

Featured Reviews

Verified
Menifee, CA

Everything was good. Everything was what they said and it was on time and it was scheduled. We had a problem with an electrical thing that went out and they called us the next day...

Verified
Theodore, AL

Blue Haven has good prices compared to some other people I looked at. They were easy to work with. Weather held us back a little bit a couple times. But as far as it going up, it ...

Our editor’s take

Blue Haven Pools & Spas is a legitimate company that offers fairly priced pool and spa installation. It offers high-technology products to enhance your pool or spa, along with an online marketplace for pool necessities. However, the company doesn’t disclose its prices online and is only available in 26 states. If Blue Haven Pools & Spas is available to you, it may be worth getting a quote from this company to see if they fit your pool or spa needs.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas products

Blue Haven Pools & Spas is a pool and spa designer and builder. It offers complete design and installation services, as well as pool renovations and equipment modernization. Blue Haven Pools & Spas does its own contracting and installation.

The company uses high-technology products for its pools and spas, including:

• Smart controls: Automated management tools for functions like heat, jets, lighting and features.
  • SmartFlow JetSystem: Produces fresher water with less chemicals.
  • SmartFilter with Microban: Fights mold, mildew and bacteria
  • SmartPure Ozone/UV System: Ensures virtually chlorine-free water
  • SmartVac Series Cleaner: Cleans pools in one to three hours
  • SmartSaver: Runs pool cleaning and filtration at lower utility costs

How to get Blue Haven Pools & Spas

Blue Haven Pools & Spas designs in-ground pools and spas based on your needs. When you request an in-home estimate online, a 3D design rendering is included.

Once an estimate is put together and accepted, a local Blue Haven Pools & Spas contractor will start installation. Financing and basic online supply ordering are available.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas services

Blue Haven Pools & Spas offers additional services beyond pool and spa design and installation. Supplies Direct is available for online supply shopping and includes salt sanitizer, replacement filter cartridges, wall brushes and other items necessary to maintain a pool or spa. Typically, orders ship within three to four business days.

How much does Blue Haven Pools & Spas cost?

The company doesn’t give exact prices for their services online. Each product varies greatly because of the customizable nature of its pool and spa design and installation. Base price and location may also affect the overall cost.

If you’re looking for an estimate for your pool or spa, you can set up a free consultation with the company.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas FAQ

What is Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Blue Haven Pools & Spas is a pool and spa design and installation company. It partners with local contractors for installation in a variety of states. Free brochures and in-home estimates are available.

How does Blue Haven Pools & Spas work?

Quotes are requested online or via an in-home estimate. Once a quote is accepted and a design is complete, Blue Haven Pools & Spas works with local contractors on installation.

Where is Blue Haven Pools & Spas available?

Services are available in 26 states and Australia.

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Is Blue Haven Pools & Spas legit?

Yes, Blue Haven Pools & Spas is a legitimate pool design and installation company. It partners with local contractors for installation after design and 3D renderings are made and accepted. Blue Haven Pools & Spas offers free estimates.

Stars Rating

• 76%
  • 11%
  • 7%
  • 4%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Reviewed March 31, 2024

I told Blue Haven what I wanted and we worked together to come up with something. My husband freehand drew it on a piece of paper and said that was what we wanted our pool to look like. Then they designed it on the computer and showed us what it would look like with everything. I was able to go and figure out what I wanted for it and they put it in. The only thing that I had requested was a bubbler put on my sundeck to help keep the water stirred up so dirt doesn't collect there. But I'm so glad that they suggested we put a little waterfall on there, because it improved the look of the pool and I enjoy having it. When I'm spending money on a large investment like that, I want it to be what I want so that I can enjoy it, and they were able to deliver.

Everyone was also great during the construction process. All the teams that came knew how to do their jobs. They did their job efficiently, and upon conversing with them, everyone was polite and nice. They were able to answer questions, too. Communication-wise, some of them spoke different languages, which was fine because I just use the translator app on my phone and they were able to understand what I wanted. I had a good time visiting with them, and they didn't mind me being around the construction zone. But I was very careful where I walked and made sure I was aware of what they were doing so I didn't get in their way.

One of my favorite things is the pool system because my family has a German Shepherd who sheds tons of hair and she likes to go swimming in the pool. So I made sure I had the best of the best pumping system so that it would turn over every bit of the water either once a day or twice within a 24-hour period because I know her hair is going to be in that swimming pool. So, my pool stays relatively clean even though she gets in there. And a lot of the hair gets trapped in the skimmers, so that means the suction power of the pump is pulling that water through the skimmers and the hair is getting caught in the baskets. So far, my husband and I had to clean our filtration system out twice since they put the pool in just because that first initial startup sucks out all the rest of the loose plaster that's still coming off and everything that’s setting.

Blue Haven worked out for us and we love them. As for the price, everything was disclosed to us in detail. When I added on a few feet more of concrete and the concrete was expensive, we paid a little extra for that. But otherwise, everything was priced within a reasonable range. When we told Blue Haven that we were interested in building a pool, they came out and asked us what we were interested in, then they didn't bother us. They waited for us to make the move. They left materials for us to look at and that was satisfying to me because I'm one who doesn't like to be bothered a whole lot.

For my friends who are looking into getting a pool, I would suggest that they do their research but I would also tell them that Blue Haven did an exceptionally well job on our swimming pool. I'm ready to enjoy it when it warms up to the perfect temp. My brave children who can stand the cold have already been swimming in it this year.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I liked that Blue Haven's prices were compatible, and the salesperson wasn't pushy. He left it in our court and said, "Okay, give me a call if you're interested and you wanna go with us." The financing part was really easy because once we got the estimate, they sent that over to a bunch of different in-house financing. They had asked if we wanted to finance. So, I went online and filled that out. Then the person that was handling that reached out and said, "Here's a couple of offers. What are you interested in?" Then we just picked. It was really painless.

The only thing is the other companies gave us a 3D kind of video to give us an idea of what it would look like. Whereas, Blue Haven's salesperson just went old school and did it on graph paper. We already had an idea since we went through other companies to get an idea of what we wanted, but for somebody who went through Blue Haven first, that would be a negative effect as far as them choosing because paper versus seeing what your backyard might look like might have a negative impact on how they're gonna decide on who to choose. As far as the design, he let us pick. He just gave us different options.

The final product looks better once it's in person. Everything came out great. Timing-wise, we're happy about it. The cleanliness of the workers was great. They had brought us a couple of products of different tiles, but then we ended up going into their office and they had a showroom of everything. So, that also helped besides them bringing photos and videos of past customers.

When they excavated, it shocked us that it was done in one day. That was shocking because we expected a couple of days of digging or moving around. Everything was done within one to two days, each process, which was amazing. Because you would think a pool could be weeks and weeks. Also, there was really no big mess. The only time there would be a pile of dirt was when they were filling the decking to level it out and make sure all the dirt was level before they poured concrete.

The pool has the lighting. We have our phone which we can program. I can turn on the waterfall or change the lights to whatever color I might want that day. If I wanna stop the filter from running ahead of time, versus going out there and flipping the switch. It is the same with the heater and the spa. I thought that was cool. They set it so the little vacuum is programmed to just run at a certain time. So, I don't have to worry about any of that. The overall ambiance of just looking at it and listening to the water is so relaxing.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2024

We looked at about five different companies and Blue Haven came out and gave us a quote. Theirs was competitive with some of the other companies. Also, there was just something about Chris when he came out with Blue Haven that was wonderful. He was so detailed and patient. We met Blue Haven also at their location on Ashley Phosphate. It was a wonderful experience. Then COVID hit. Chris called and said that they were gonna stop building for a while. He said, “After COVID, we believe price is gonna go up. We think anywhere from 20 to 30%. Do you wanna lock in?” He told us that locking in meant that it locked in our price for one year. We said we were okay with that.

COVID went for two years. But at the end of the first year, Chris called again and said, “Hey, you guys wanna lock your prices in?” So we told him that we wanted to lock the prices in again. After they started opening up everything and freeing everything again, we wee ready to build a pool. It was fascinating because all the other pool companies called us and said, “Hey, if you guys still wanna build your pool, we'll come out. We need to update the estimate because pool prices have went up 30%." But we told them, “No, thank you.”

I reached out to Chris and told him that we were ready to build. He said, “Perfect, because you guys are locked in.” He said that it was hard getting parts. But he told us, “But what we did was when COVID hit, we started buying things we knew we would need to build our pools.” So they were ready. They were so wonderful. They came out and we met the other Chris who was the project manager. They did our pool in a month and a half. They did not try to oversell us because he asked us and really listened. They listened to what we wanted. I drew up my design and what I wanted. He laughed and said, “I'm gonna clean it up a little bit, but I'm gonna give you that.” I appreciated that and he got it to perfection.

We got a 47 feet x 20 feet pool. The sun ledge is about 7 feet. Then they gave us so many extras just because he said we were kind. We paid 112,000 for the pool. It was just a great experience, even with the decking guys when they came out. Everybody that they did was a one-stop shop. We didn't have to go seek out anybody else. Everybody was one behind the other. We love it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

I put in a pool with another company but I didn't like the way they set up their fees because all the money was upfront before the activity was performed. So, they were using my money to finish up another job. But Blue Haven was just the opposite. I didn't pay them anything until the task was done. They had their work activities separated in different categories. When they finished one activity, they billed me and then when they finished another activity, they billed me. They were very quick and easy to work with. They let me come up with some of the ideas that I was looking for, and they took that and came up with a design for what I was looking for. They probably enhanced it from their experience so, the design came out good.

Through Blue Haven, you can buy ceramic tiles of crabs or fish or turtles and inlay them in the bottom of the pool. You can also get tiles that are glitter tiles that will sparkle in the sunlight and you can have those inlaid in the pool as well. So, they had a lot more creativity and had added features that we liked that the other company didn't have. The shape that we wanted was long because I didn't want a pool that looked like a spa and I wanted it wide so that you had room for multiple people. So, we designed it so that you walk into a shallow area that might be a foot deep, and that was about 5 feet x 5 feet for little kids. Then, it went down to the shallow one which was 3.5 feet and gradually went down to 5.5. Blue Haven’s pool has a controller and I can change the lights and change the colors and the timer. It's a rental house. So, I hired somebody to manage the pool and he's familiar with Hayward computers and their technology.

I was dealing with one individual and he updated me all the time when activities were taking place. They have a website where all the data goes and I can see the pictures of what they've done, what their next task is and when it's scheduled for. It was easy to know where they were and what they were working on. If I had any issues, I could call my contact and he'd take care of it. I was so impressed with Blue Haven. I've had people come up to me and ask for recommendations for pools. I've had one pool manufactured and this was another one, and I highly recommended Blue Haven over the other one.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 16, 2023

We called Blue Haven and once they came and gave us an estimate and gave us an idea of what our pool was gonna look like, and due to the confidence that they had, we decided to go with them. We liked the price, too. Our designer looked at our yard, measured for codes and things, and gave us an idea of how big the pool should be or could be in the area that we were looking at. They gave us a few different options as far as going wider or going deeper. I had a design in mind of what I wanted, so it wasn't really hard. I told them what I was wanting. They had their computer-generated pictures up with the stuff that we wanted, the looks that we wanted and different tiles and the pavers and different things. It was a pretty straightforward meeting. Within an hour and a half of the total meeting time, we had our pool design and we were very happy with it.

We have the builders app that the construction team went through. So, they sent us messages on when this was gonna happen, this was the next step here, and who was gonna be here for us. We did have a lot of the direct numbers of a lot of the construction heads. If there was an issue or if something did come up, we were able to get ahold of anyone of our crew members. Within no more than 15 minutes, we were talking to someone about what needed to be done. Our breakers at our house were tripping quite a bit. I was like, "This may put your workers a little bit behind. But I think they're just gonna have to tone down the number of tools they're using right this minute." We were able to get that fixed.

Other than that, there were no real hiccups. We were made to know what was going on very early on to when we knew the next step. There was never a question as to what was going on or how it was going. Everything was well explained in detail and in-depth, and in a manner where we knew and we were always in the know.

We went with an irregular shape. It's not just a regular rectangle. It's a gunite with tanning ledges, bubblers, and some sprinklers throughout the pool system. There are two seats that are built into the side, one in the deep end and one in the more shallow end. Our pool has a bubbler on the tanning ledge that bubbles up the water a little bit. We have three sprinklers throughout the pool design that were added, just to cool down and have the audio feature of water splashing. We didn't really want a waterfall, but it kinda has that water sound. They incorporated three sprinklers throughout the system.

We have LED-changing lights that can be programmed to go throughout all of them or set on one certain design. We have a heater. We did add a heater to our pool so we can have it year-round. The two built-in seats are a really good option for us. We got the PebbleSheen lining, so it's a little bit better. We did get an enclosure, too, and that's a huge thing for us. We really enjoy that. Secondly, we like the tanning ledge. Those are the two main things that we really love about the pool.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

We designed the pool and the rep helped us put everything together. She was very knowledgeable. We like the whole pool design, including the tanning ledge and the hot tub. Blue Haven made it known what the cost was per item so we were able to pick and choose what we wanted to. We could have put less in and paid less money, but we chose not to. We were well aware of what they were charging before they even started. They did a good job and always kept in contact with me even to this day. The superintendent over the pool was a good person all the way around. I recommended Blue Haven to a buddy of mine. He's a builder that I work for and they're putting one in for him right now.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 22, 2024

Picked Blue Haven do to the 4.9 stars for reviews on their site. Process started off good but soon went down hill. The PM they assigned to our project was either inexperienced or just didn’t care. Communication was poor to say the least and even at one point went and talked to the GM at which I thought might make a difference. Nothing changed and even asked to have the PM removed for another and was told we couldn’t. Finally after the pool was finished and the punch list items began we then found out the PM quit and we were dealing with his supervisor (whom we had been along the way Copying him on all correspondences).

Pool was completed right before Thanksgiving 2023 and here we are 3/20/24 and still struggling to get all complete. I knew up front Blue Haven wasn’t the least expensive and the GM even stated that to me, but for goodness sake pay attention to your costumers at hand. I mean a pool 100k+ does deserve attention to detail and communication.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 12, 2024

We got financed for the pool that we had from Blue Haven and the process was easy enough. Their designer was helpful in helping us get a design made up that would work for our yard. We have the HOA, which I found 100% confusing, so he helped us navigate through all those type of things in the beginning to jump through their hoops to give them what they needed because I didn't understand what we were supposed to give them. I would have not known what to do to get the HOA, so he was very good with that stuff. We had tons of options because of our backyard's size. But we knew what we were looking for and they were able to do that for us. We were happy with how it turned out. We have a spillover from the spa into the pool, which I like. We also got lights in the pool.

As far as the teams that would come and do each part of the pool, I didn't need to really communicate with them on anything. But they seemed very friendly. I dealt with the construction manager, so if there was any question, I would ask him through the process and everything was good through all that. All my neighbors know that we had a good experience with Blue Haven and everybody in the whole neighborhood was impressed. They could see how well Blue Haven did and how on schedule they were. I also say good things about the pool, but lots of people driving by into the neighborhood to look at the model home right across the street from me could see it too and we've got a lot of compliments on it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Blue Haven built a small cocktail pool for us. They're slow. It took eight months and I still haven't got my permit yet. I got an email a month ago saying they were still on hold.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Blue Haven took care of everything, even down to the smallest issue that I had when they completed the pool. They had everything squared away and there were no hiccups at all. Based on other people's experiences by way of the news, where you hear people have pools that are not finished, I was impressed that Blue Haven went through and we didn't have an experience that other people might have had. I've had a good experience with them. The pool came with LED lights and the panel that runs the plumbing or the pumping system is a Smart feature. I can access it on my phone. The only thing is that Blue Haven should have probably selected a different company for pool cleaning services. After the services that were provided with the pool, I'm no longer using them. They completely went out of business. Blue Haven has cleaning services, but it's just commercial as opposed to residential.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Company Information