4.2/5 (84 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Blue Haven Pools & Spas

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools and spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan — in most states, using 3D virtual reality software. Blue Haven’s exclusive, high-tech SmartFeatures™ help make pool ownership easier and more economical. In the past 25 years alone, Blue Haven offices across the U.S. have successfully built and remodeled nearly 90,000 pools. Blue Haven also arranges 100% financing with approved credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: July 1, 2022

From the very minute I spoke to Ray ** on the phone inquiring about Blue Haven Pools & Spas(San Antonio), I was met with a sincere interest in finding out what exactly we were wanting in a pool. Ray came over that week and met with us, and got a feel of what my husband and I were thinking of. We both had our own idea of what we wanted and Ray helped us formulate a great design. He explained the process in detail with us, and was gracious to hear all of our concerns and ideas. Ray was also very knowledgeable and took the time to listen to our needs. As the designer he explained the steps to expect and the people that would be involved with the planning and scheduling. Ray kept his promise that he would still be available to us if we had any questions or concerns. Jon our layout guy was very professional and explained the next step to expect. He answered our questions and left his card in case we needed anything else.

Then came our superintendent Jorge **, this man has a huge heart and we felt immediately that our best interest was protected by Jorge. He went over what to expect and gave us an idea who was next in line to work on our project. Javier ** (another superintendent) stopped by to introduce himself and let us know if by some reason Jorge was unavailable he would step in to assist. Javier and Jorge are the perfect example of teamwork and coordination. Both these guys are true professionals and knowledgeable. The work ethic that Jorge, Javier, Ray and the many contractors that came through was exemplary.

I highly recommend this company for your pool needs. What we thought would be a stressful experience from reading reviews on Google I can honestly state that our experience with Blue Haven Pools was beyond what we could have imagined. Timing and planning is everything and I believe if you take the time to communicate exactly what your expectations are you will not be disappointed. Communication was key and we are very thankful to Ray & Jorge for that. Thank you to the staff of professionals that helped make our dream come true. Your hard work and dedication to our project is what dreams and hopes are made of!!!

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I liked what Blue Haven had to offer. And it didn't feel like they were trying to oversell me. They just laid out a lot of options. And the packages that were offered were superior to the other companies. They weren't the cheapest. They weren't the most expensive. But their quality seemed to be the highest. My wife did more of the idea of stuff, but I can vouch for her that we had some plans. And they really helped magnify them into something a lot more beautiful than we would have gotten had we done it ourselves. For instance, where we put the landscape, where we put the pool itself, they advised us to put it in the back of our property rather than the front so that in winter time we don't look outside at a pool cover, which was nice, because we have a beautiful landscape behind our house. We have to walk a bit, but it is nice. It’s at the back in the corner of our property.

They had people that helped with the landscape and the fencing. And I felt comfortable working with them. They got it done. I never pushed them to get it done because I know how difficult things were in terms of COVID and supply chain. They were very responsive. And they hooked us up with people for pool cover, and with people to help take care of that. They also handled all the permits. In the past, with other projects, it became cumbersome. They just seemed to know what they were doing.

My wife and I both work a lot. We don't wanna come home and take care of the pool for hours. So, it's a very low maintenance option too, which was nice. It's salt water. I felt they had the best package and for the price, the least amount of effort on our part to, instead of working on a pool, we’re swimming in it. And that’s how it all worked out. So, we were very happy. Know what you're gonna use your pool for and let Blue Haven know what you're looking for. They can help make that pool look like what you want. And you can use it for what you wanna use it for.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Blue Haven wasn't the lowest priced but I picked them because they were one of the biggest dealers and they had access to equipment and crews. Some of the other places were bogged down with some of the supply chain issues. My designer was Allan and he's an old guy like me. He was old school and does pencil and paper. But he's the one who had the vision for my pool. As soon as he said, “Why don't you do this and this and this?” That was exactly what I wanted to do. I had some tight constraints in my space in my yard and he drew up a plan and that was what we executed. I brought Sylvan out here and I showed their guy Allan’s drawing for him to understand what I was talking about. He did a 3D thing but that didn’t mean anything. I’m more of an engineering type so I’m fine with the hand drawings.

Overall, it was a good experience. The process started sometime around the 5th of June and the 23rd of December was when I put water in it. I got top-of-the-line everything. I really liked the OmniLogic control that they sold me. That’s working really well. I'm going to do my own pool maintenance because I'm able to do that. The project manager did a great job. He was a little young guy but he stayed right on top of everything. The concrete guys, the rebar guys, and the plumbing guys knew what they were doing and didn't mess around. They came in and did the job effectively and to high standards. I only had one issue on the corner. When they were doing the gunite, the form broke loose and came out. Half of my pool’s out of the ground and they had to chisel the wall back in order to get the stone on the face. That took them about an extra half a day and they fixed it.

I had the ozone unit that I bought and it came on but there was something wrong with it. It's a different product and it's a top-of-the-line unit. I called the factory and they said, “You need to put in a request to have it replaced. We'll send you a new one.” I told them that Blue Haven bought it. I talked to the control guy at Blue Haven and he said, "I’ll take your word for it.” They found out that I knew about as much as they did as far as electronics and controls. They ordered a new one and put it in. It works great.

That was one of the things I also heard about Blue Haven that they would come back and take care of problems. They also offered me a three-month pool service as part of the contract. They would get the water chemicals squared away and they've added all the chemicals. I got a salt pool and stabilized everything. It's given me a chance to work with the guy that comes out here every week and I've read all the books, bought the instrument, and the test kits so I'm ready to go.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We like the pool. We have a couple of things that we're still waiting on, like the light fixtures popped off. We were gonna try to put them back on but we've asked the supervisor to send someone out to fix that. But they've taken care of most of the issues. It took a while for them to come out and cut the foam that they put between the coping and the decking but we got it fixed.

Also, we had an issue with the pool vacuum. Initially, the robotic one was the one we were going to go with but I was cutting back costs and I said I'll buy one later. Then, once we filled up our pool, the pool pump wasn't working. Somebody came out and said they got to change the pump and they need to vacuum. I told them I don't have one and they recommended one of the pressure ones. The first and second techs said that and they kept boasting about this one pressure vacuum that the company sells. So I went ahead and purchased that one. But when the third technician came out here, I said that the cleaner is not cleaning anything. It looked just like it did before we turned it on and it had been on for hours. The tech said I was not piped for a pressure cleaner.

I called Blue Haven and said I'd return the vacuum and that I need to get the robotic one. I also told them they sold me a vacuum that doesn't work with my pool. I would have to spend thousands of dollars to get it piped. They said they'd talk to the higher ups and get back to me. They almost made it sound like they're doing me a favor. When the technician came out to give us the robotic vacuum, he said we're the second swap they were doing that week.

Also, the first technician was a no-show and then he got mad at me on the phone. Then, he showed up and he said he couldn't find his glasses and he had to wear his sister's. That's not my fault. There's a window of time that they told me he would show up and he didn't show up. And they don’t contact me the next day. That's not cool. I'm very patient but I was literally hanging out at my house because they said they were coming. Other than that, our guy was really good. He was always polite and respectful. Even with the issues, he really tried. Also, the third technician, Josh, responded when I texted him really late and told me exactly what to do when we were having a freeze and I didn't know what to do.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Harry, the sales rep, was intense on the front end but it was because they were so busy. But we were gonna get a pool and we wanted Blue Haven. And once he came to our house and helped us match everything out, he was a huge help. He got us everything we needed and the order was drawn out beautifully. We were impressed with everything. We had a great experience with him. I'm super extroverted and stubborn, so I didn't have a problem but I could see where he would be a little intimidating to some people.

Our project manager was absolutely fabulous. We signed the contract in May and we live in Florida, so it was pool season. They started to dig in the middle of July and we were swimming by the week after Labor Day. Blue Haven was incredible and all the employees who came to work on the project were all sweet and nice. Our back porch is big and we have fans out there. We have a bathroom that is like a pool bath, it's an exterior bath. So we would leave the fans running and I would give them access to the bathroom, and keep drinks in the refrigerator for them and stuff on the back porch. They were awesome. We got hit with a ton of bad weather and the reps said they were gonna finish it out. Part of our pool totally caved in right after they dug it. It was bad. We got a huge storm and they came out the next day and fixed it all. Our project manager was available whenever we needed him. He was great.

We love the ozone pump and it's easy to manage. The salesperson got us on the sea turtle. My daughter was with us and the rep pulled them out and asked what we thought about it. My kid said we needed them. That was the only thing that was insanely overpriced and uncalled for. But they look cute in our pool. We were pleased with Blue Haven and we had several people who ended up going with them.

The only thing is that all phone lines are not answered well at all. You have to send emails but if you’re a new client, you don’t have these email addresses yet. I understand that the reps are also busy and people call to ask what their starting price for a pool is and that's not a quick answer. So, I get it both ways. But even as a current client, I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of people from the actual office. So, I was super thankful that Travis was willing to share his cell phone number with us and I would call him during business hours if we had a question.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Our pool is a rectangle. It has a spa, waterfall and bubblers. We have some issues, but they're working to fix them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Blue Haven's reps were communicating even in the initial phase of getting out to quote the job and how long everything would take. And we weren't getting good communication from anybody else. So, the process was pretty clear as far as the expectations in how everything would go. We went back and forth with a couple of different iterations of defining what shape we wanted, how big we wanted the pool to be, and where we wanted things moved around. So, it was free for us to customize it and as well as in making recommendations along the way.

While the crews were here, they were working long hours and on Saturdays too. So, they were getting after it. Everything was fair and done like we agreed upon and the entire finished product is really good. We had some flagstone, existing exterior kitchen and patio, and they tied everything in seamlessly in what we already had out there. We also have a tanning ledge and we have colored lights. And we have three fountains on top of a raised stacked stone waterfall on one end. It's a free form pool with an irregular shape similar to kidney. We have the remote for the fountains and the lights turn on at different times and turn off. We have a heater, too. It's not smart, though. I go out there and turn it on and off.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

It was a good experience with Blue Haven. With the financing team, it was easy and fairly straightforward. I worked with their designer. We came out and looked at the space. We had a very small backyard, so we were wanting to optimize as big of a pool as we could get. But then we also have easements and utility boxes. There are certain regulations, our pool wall couldn't be within this many feet and they were very helpful with making sure that we were meeting the building code and following all rules, and then working with my HOA.

Our pool has a panel on the back and it has this little smart pad that you can change everything and it gives you the temperature. It's got scheduled on and off time for the filter. We got a waterfall and LED lights, too. They managed the whole project and kept us up-to-date on everything as we went. They helped us with some roadblocks. They were very knowledgeable and knew what they were doing. I was very pleased with the whole process. I have recommended them to at least two other neighbors that are also now having pools put in.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

My design consultant was Brandon. He came in and he was very professional. He brought his project manager at the time. Chris was very professional and flexible. He took my vision and put it on paper and gave me some ideas that I wasn't thinking at the time and made it better. He provided a great design. It was exactly what I had in mind. So he was very good. I was able to add a spa right before they were about to start the project. Chris was able to make that happen without any issues. The pool came out a lot better than I thought, especially the back wall with the waterfalls, the way that it’s raised and you can see it from the house. It was just like I envisioned it. So he took my suggestions to heart and tried to stay within those boundaries, respecting what I wanted. It all came perfect without any issues.

Chris was the guy that I went to for anything. He was weekly stopping at my house to make sure that everything was according to plan and to see if there were any issues that were arising. He was heavily engaged throughout the entire process on a weekly basis on every single phase. So that kept me at peace because I knew that if something was wrong, Chris was gonna find it sooner rather than later. He also answered all my questions as I had them throughout the week in the processes. So that was a huge part of relief, knowing that everything went according to plan and there were no issues going. The final product was great.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

The construction crew was receptive if we had any issues. They had to go around our yard and make some routes. But they kind of kept to the routes that were there, so they didn't destroy our yard too bad. I would highly recommend Blue Haven to anybody.

Media