Call toll free
4.50/5
Based on 154 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Blue Haven Pools offer inground custom designs to meet your design & budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with 3D virtual reality software. Best of all, our state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

345 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 1, 2018

The design process with Blue Haven was very good. They came out and talked about the area we wanted and trying to give them an idea of the freeform we wanted to go with, and they did a very good job of showing us all the different options. When we went to the office, they were able to build the design out for us rather quick. We shopped back and forth for a little bit on the minor changes. And overall, it was good. They built it exactly how we wanted and gave us some good feedback. The design consultants were a couple of different people. Seth was new. He was informative, but not near as much as Mitch. Mitch was good. Once he got involved, you can really tell the years of experience under his belt as far as designing and the different options.

My experience with the financing team was quick and easy. It was a very fast process. Once everything was designed, financing was in place. The construction was a fast process too. They kept me in the loop on what was happening and when it was gonna happen. I was foreseeing quite a bit of delays in the beginning, but everything panned out well, weather permitting. I'm in the construction field as well, so I understand the weather has a big impact. The pool was a 100% in 30 days. There were a couple of cracked rocks, missing grout, but they were corrected within a couple of days. The freeform pool has a little waterfall that comes off the spa and a little 6 x 4 foot swim ledge, 3 foot deep, which is great for the kiddos. Blue Haven was a little pricey compared to some, but with the experience I've had and the end product I got, it was worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We had a fiberglass pool in our first house with an independent contractor who contracted out everything. Luckily, that went well but we knew that there were lots of possible pitfalls for there are a lot of nightmares. We wanted to go with Blue Haven this time because they're a nationwide company and with them, we weren't as nervous as some local guy who may or may not show up to finish the job or do it right.

So we called them to come out to give us an idea of what we wanted and how it would look in our backyard. Their design consultant was great. We showed him a couple of pictures we've seen on the internet and he sketched out a couple of things. He made sure that we didn't have a pool that was too small or too big for the type of house and property that we have. After we said okay to the design, he took it back to the office. He sent an AutoCAD drawing and once we approved it, we moved forward with the process of building it. We bought a pool and hot tub and the only upgrade we asked for was the tile coping which was an extra charge. We went with chlorine.

They then told us to expect the construction to be about four to six weeks mainly because of weather issues. They came out and spray painted the area where they were going to dig. They told us in the beginning that they use a thicker type of rebar and use a lot more than other pool companies do. They didn't have any problems excavating and we were comfortable with the way they dug it. They were very careful about digging the lines for the pool and where our yard's sprinklers were. We were impressed with their electrical people as well. And throughout our anticipation, they understood and were patient with us. We were very happy and have suggested Blue Haven to a couple of our friends, one of which has just finished their pool with Blue Haven.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I’ve been telling everybody about Blue Haven Pools. The design process with them was straightforward. We showed up at the sales office and talked to the rep. He asked for the survey which I provided and he was able to pull up a template on my house and designed the pool itself. The design was nice and we liked it. I have the SmartLight and I can change the colors on the pool. It is also a salt-water pool and we have a weeping wall with a waterfall. We then filled out the paperwork and got approved.

Everything was supposed to start before Harvey but because of the rain, it was backed up for about two weeks. But after the digging started, it took about six weeks to complete the pool. I also met up with the supervisor before the construction started and he was always there every single time they had the construction team come over. He made sure that the whole process was going great and he always sent me pictures. If I ever had a question, I could text or call him and he was always able to answer the phone. Also, the construction team all seemed nice and they showed up on time on the day they said they were going to show up. They also cleaned up the whole yard whenever they do the digging.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Blue Haven built a whole new pool, a landscape, an outdoor kitchen, and a fire pit. I talked to the salesman, trying to tell them what I wanted not in detail but I told them it was for my granddaughter in a second home for us, and we're not there all the time, so the system had to be kind of self-sufficient, and they made it so it's wireless. I can control it on my phone here in Idaho where I live. So the designer came back with the design, and it was perfect, so I didn’t change a thing. He seemed very knowledgeable. I went in the office once, and picked out different tiles and colors. We had a few things that I changed as the pool started getting built. They put in a grill too and little minor things. It's a $100,000 pool with landscaping on it. And it was $119,000 total, but I'm happy with it.

Bruce, the construction superintendent, was good. But there was a couple subs that missed the appointments that bothered me. I'm in the construction business, so I tend to get upset about things like that. Subs in Texas are a little different in subs in Idaho. The salesman was fantastic, though. They need more communications between the construction guy and the head office. The communication seemed to be a little bit poor. But when I called the salesman, he got things moving almost immediately. They didn’t really like me calling the salesman. They preferred me to call the job superintendent. But it got done a lot quicker when I called the salesman.

When they broke ground, I thought we'd be able to get in it that first year, but it didn’t get finished until October. We signed the contract when my second granddaughter was born in the end of May, and then it was the first week in October when it was finished. It was built reasonably quick. And it was especially good because I wasn’t there to supervise the whole thing but they did a good job keeping it going when nobody was there. When the pool was finished, it came out exactly the way I wanted it and exactly the way the original design pictures looked. The smart features work great, too. I control it off of my iPhone.

I'd recommend them. If someone wants to build a yard project, Blue Haven is a great company to do it. They know how to do it, and they gave me the right landscape for the deal that I got. I even told Blue Haven that if they had customers who want to come look at our pool, they could feel free to come. It's got all the lights, the night lights and all the landscaping lights. It looks like a hotel resort.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2018

Please DON’T choose Blue Haven for your pool! Investing in a pool was a big decision and sacrifice for our family. We have had an issue with the equipment ongoing for 5 months. We have only had it 9 months. A technician Showed up unannounced once to cover up the problem and has refused to come back. Our $55000 pool is not working! RUN from Blue Haven Metairie! Find someone your friends recommend that give service after the sale.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas response

We have shared your review and concerns with the Metairie office. They have reported that they have contacted your home, reached your wife, apologized for the serious miscommunication Re: your pool heater. The office conveyed to your wife that it has the manufacturer's repair tech scheduled to visit your home this Tuesday to address the pool heater to resolve this for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: May 17, 2018

We looked around at a bunch of other people and Blue Haven might not have been the cheapest, but we felt like they were the best quality and they were the most professional, which is important with our new backyard. We had no problems and their design consultants were awesome. They were gonna be here for many months. They came in together and drew up kind of what they thought we were talking about, and they were friendly with our dogs, which is a big thing. We had to find a pool loan, and I set our financing up by myself. And once our contract was there and Blue Haven knew we had the financing, they were really easy to work with. Everyone in the office was professional, and we stuck to the contract.

The workers who did the construction were awesome. We got months of rain, but that’s nobody’s fault. And they let us know where they were, and they answered the phone every time we called. They broke ground in May, and we had our pool first July 30. We didn’t really have a lot of expectations, so it was good that they kept us informed. We tell everybody about how good they were.

Our pool looks like what the design consultants drew. They exceeded our expectations. We have colored lighting changes in the pool, two fountains on a waiting deck, and then we have three jets, but we didn’t put colors in them. We also have a heater and a cooler, which is awesome. I really like the whole thing. We really like having a cooler because by August, it would've been too hot. Other people couldn’t use their pools, so having a cooler was definitely a bonus for us. We like the ozone, too. We don’t have a lot of chlorine. Our dogs drink the water, and they're fine. A stuffed hedgehog went into our skimmer and so our pump was running really weak in the winter. So I videotaped it, and Blue Haven came right over, and they were gonna replace the pump, but then I found the hedgehog and that was raking up on it. It went back to normal, but it was still warrantied for three years, so it's fantastic.

We were gonna build our entire yard a pool, and they figured out that our development has an easement around it, so we would've built our pool into an easement that anytime the city could come and then we would've handed that up. They were the only one that researched it and figured it out, so we figured that was a clincher. They were so nice, and their customer service is good. They might not be the cheapest, but they're definitely competitive. For the value that we got out of it, it was worth it. I'd definitely recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We had them put in a large hot tub, that some might also classify as a small dipping pool. Amazingly enough from start to finish it took a little over a year. Yes a full year. There were so many problems that we ended up giving up having them fix them. I would definitely steer clear of this company.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We had the son of Blue Haven's owner sat down with me and my wife and we put together the pool and the accessories that we wanted with him. We were told the construction was gonna take six weeks, but it ended up being three and a half months. There were some rainy days that caused the delay, but the crew had a big issue with being able to make communications with their superiors and bosses. As a whole, they were only able to be here for a little short period of time, and then they had to go to another location where they had another pool. They were jumping from little bit of work here, and then a little bit work there. We also got times that no one would show up, but Blue Haven was always quick to say, “Okay. At this point, you owe this money and we follow 100% into the commitment that was set up.” The pool was about three-quarters finished when we've already paid the full amount.

The kids, my family, and my friends enjoy the pool though. But, what was put on the computer screen during the design process was a little bit different than what was actually put into the ground and once it was put together. The biggest part was the decking around the pool and it was much smaller. Our swimming pool has a slide and a waterfall too. In the diagrams from what was shown on the computer screen at their business, it looked like there was all kind of room and everything to move about behind the slide for a person to get in and many other things. But once it was put down, it was also much smaller.

We just had the pool in since December and then right now, I'm having running cracks on the deck of the pool. I have other friends that we have spoken with, and they had people that came out after the pool was finally finished. I tried to find out from these people what I could do about it. They said my ground shifted and what they could do is put Elmer’s glue all the way in the crack. But, the crack goes all the way from one of the cleanout filter locations to the end of the deal and they're gonna fill that with Elmer’s glue and won't paint it. All that is is putting a band-aid on.

We also had an area that was built with a fire pit and the fire pit rock is already cracked. I've mentioned it to them, texted it to them and sent pictures to them. I had employees who've come out too. Then, I've had a main motor seal that’s already gone bad, and they had to come out and replace it. That shouldn’t happen for five years, six years down the line. If Blue Haven cared, they would have done a lot more follow-ups in coming, seeing, wanting to complete and having a person who's really satisfied with their product.

The small RicoRock waterfall that I had them install had also more leak that was running all through the bottom and flooding out through the bottom of this fountain that was put out there with the swimming pool. I sent them a video and Blue Haven gave every excuse in the world as to why that was happening. And I was the one who was having to do everything instead of having someone come out and take charge.

After me calling and calling them, even almost threatening them, they finally came out. They went in there and then we had to go through everything in the world to finally get it fixed. It had a white calcium buildup on the waterfall and it could be the product that they were putting in the pool did not work with the RicoRock. I was the one who had to call one of the manufacturers of that rock and they got with them. Then they got the product sent down. The people from Blue Haven didn’t even know what to do, though.

On Mother’s Day, we have friends over and they were asking what was all that white chalk stuff on the waterfall. Three weeks before that, we were getting right on that and I got so much documentation. It's unbelievable on them and their “We're gonna do this. We're gonna do that.” Also this deal here, it was almost like no one ever knew who was in charge or who was whatever with the deal. Everything has been like pulling teeth with Blue Haven to get any type of response as well. If we had to do it all over again with the whole project, I'd be a lot more agitated. For people interested in doing business with Blue Haven, they should research all aspects and should write down specific deadlines in which things were to be done.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The initial process at Blue Haven was great when they came out to measure and shoot grade. But as soon as I gave the sales guy my first check, he became a ghost, so I didn't see enough guys. Then when the construction started, it was great. Jerry, the foreman down here, was amazing. He kept me in the loop on everything. If it wasn't for him, we would not have gone through Blue Haven and we would've canceled everything. AJ was amazing as well. He would drop what he was doing and come show me something on the pool equipment.

However, they had accessed my yard through my neighbor's land and when that was done, they said that everything would be put back the exact way that it was. But the fence wasn't put back the way it needed to be. They totally screwed up my whole fence. The runner boards were all crooked and nails weren't put back in. We have a rectangle pool where we've got a shelf on each side and you can enter from each side. They started March and it was done June 4th, which was fine. Everything is just as I wanted it. But I was having several problems and the lady I spoke to was rude. She basically hung up on me. I called her back but she wouldn't answer my calls. When my wife called from her phone, she answered. I was put on the phone and then she hung up on me again.

Overall I wouldn't recommend Blue Haven to anybody. The building process was great and Jerry was awesome. But the sales guy at the beginning was only nice and understanding 'til I gave 'em a check, and then he wouldn't answer my calls and he'd pawn me off to other people. It wasn't a pleasant experience. The back end stuff, the business and the customer service were utterly unacceptable.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The design process with Blue Haven went well. We wanted a free-form pool and we were able to articulate the design we wanted and it came out like we'd anticipated. We met with the consultant once and then we followed up a couple of times on the phone, and those were good interactions, too. He was good to work with. However, the construction process didn't go quite as well as the design portion did. They drove over the wrong spot of the lawn and ended up causing some issues. One of their dump trucks got stuck in the yard and they tore the yard up 'cause they went the wrong way. But the actual construction of the pool went fine. It's been less than a year, so there are some follow-up issues that we're working with them on. We just reached out to them and we haven't heard back yet, but the experience today has been okay. We had a good experience overall and we would recommend someone else to use them.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I called Blue Haven, made an appointment and then the representative came out. He helped draw up the plans and the process was very simple. He was great and straightforward, and there were no hassle and no fuss. I went through a pool loan and their finance team was really good. During the construction process of the pool, AJ kept in touch with us every step of the way and our calls were returned promptly. When they made a mistake, they fixed it. They had put the wrong color in the pool but they quickly remedied it and made it right. The team members were all very polite. They came early one time, but they were always prompt. They tried to get it done as quick as possible, but then as conscientious as possible. They also cleaned up their mess. So, it was really good and surprisingly, ours was not a bad experience compared to the horror stories that we've heard with other pool builders.

The construction took about two and a half months tops and I didn't expect it to be done as quick as it did. I was afraid at first and had to ask if the pool is gonna hold water. Nonetheless, our pool has the lights, the vacuum system, the heater, and my favorite feature which is the waterfall. I also got all of Blue Haven's SmartFeatures and my husband does the maintaining. Moreover, I already referred someone to Blue Haven and so I'm waiting for my $250 referral.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Blue Haven had a gentleman come over and he gave us some virtual of what the pool would look like with sound effects and a 3D panoramic view. That was very impressive and one of the strong points why we went with them. We also sat down with their design consultant and kinda gave him an idea of what we wanted. Then he went and came back with what we asked for. It was a very good experience on that piece of the building process. We paid for the pool outright then there were three-four major steps in the construction process. They started coming out, digging it, spraying it, pouring it, and finalizing it. There were some time delays due to the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing because they used some subcontracting. And we kinda wished that there was a little bit better communication as far as what was gonna happen. The other downfall was the subcontractor was leaving the site pretty messy.

Other than that, Blue Haven's on-site manager, Allen, would come by daily and that was where we would speak through. I don't know Spanish very well, so, I was not able to communicate to their construction team very well. Our lot was very constrained due to utility easements here in Broken Arrow and they were able to fit the pool within the easements. The one special area that we had on the pool was of a layout deck that's got about three inches of water in. So, you put your lounge chair on that.

We also got pretty much everything imaginable. We got the auto turn-on and auto turn off, the heater, and the automatic refill that I had tied into our sprinkler system. Then we had three waterfall features added to it and the colored lighting. Our favorite feature that we purchased outside of the pool is the Pool Vac by Shark. We purchased it through Blue Haven and it's a Hayward, which is the brand that they use. We turn the thing on and it keeps our pool vacuum nice and clean. Then I got a chemical guy that comes once a week and I net it every so often.

Original review: April 22, 2018

The design process with Blue Haven was fairly easy and we paid outright for the pool. They came out and talked to us about it then we drew up a plan, went in and picked all the stuff out. Construction only took six weeks, and I'm really happy with it. Our design consultant was Anthony. He said that there were a couple of things that were wrong but it would pick up, which was fine. We just dealt with it. Then the guy who did the whole construction plan was really nice and we like him. He was a younger guy and was really nice to deal with. He was always on top of things.

Also, the construction team members were all really nice. We always left them water and stuff every day because it was so hot outside. They came and dug and then did the re-block stuff, the rocks, the granite, the plaster, the tile, and the rocks. The pool has one fountain and one waterfall, and the waterfall is my favorite feature. We might also end up getting one of the SmartFilter this year. We like Blue Haven and we would recommend them.

Resolution response: April 19, 2018

Spoke to owner and got everything straightened out. Good to go.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We just moved to Louisiana and don't know anyone yet. So we go to Home Advisor for all our home improvement needs. A pool is a must down here and Blue Haven came up first. When we sat down with the owner Robert **, he assured us that a supervisor would be on site at every phase. The only time I saw one was at the dig, it went well and he spoke English because the workers didn't. No supervisor at the rebar, pipping, electric or gunite. No phone calls to tell us that they were coming that day. The rebar people jumped our fence to get in the backyard, that's trespassing in my book. Piping and electric went well. The rebar was a disaster. No one spoke English, no barrier was put up to protect my house and garden and when they ate their meal, they threw the chicken bones in my yard along with their other trash. My dog found the bones and was choking on them and then threw up in the house.

My plants look like hell along with the back of my house. To top it off someone came, who spoke English, near the end and wanted a check and a signature for the gunite. On all these occasions I called the owner and he was never available so I left messages, no return calls either. He had also told me in the beginning that if we agreed to let him put up one of his signs on our front lawn we would be given $100. Today we went to his store to see him face to face and he just blamed everyone else, not his fault. I asked about the $100 and he said that he never said that to us. LIAR, FAKER, BAD representative for a good company. He could clearly see how distraught I was over everything. I asked to be compensated by giving us the salt system at half price. He then told me he already threw in enough for free. I'm still sick to my stomach and still know that I have to deal with this company till the end. So sad!

Original review: April 18, 2018

A Blue Haven representative came and my husband showed him where he wanted the pool to be made. He took the measurements here at home and then later on, he emailed my husband the plans for the pool. He designed the pool with the spa on the other side and that's not where we wanted the spa at first. But at the end of the day, it actually worked out. The construction process began with the digging and the workers would talk to us. They would tell us what they're going to do on that day and other stuff. And the only thing that we've had issues with is the electrical. They've checked it when I called them. Other than that, the pool was finished quickly in about three months.

We paid cash for the pool and we got a special feature where there's a little tiny waterfall coming from the jacuzzi to the pool. And then, there's lighting that changes if turned on. It has different lighting, and the lighting is my favorite. Moreover, we recommended somebody to Blue Haven but told them to be careful with the subcontractors. We had issues with the subcontractors but Blue Haven has been good at keeping their word.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We sat down with a gentleman from Blue Haven and he walked us through the brochure and the different sizes and shapes of pools and went over all of the pool equipment that Blue Haven uses. We chose our design based off of the brochure and the things that we like. Then they helped us arrange for a pool loan. The construction went fine when it started in September and ended in November. It started out where we were ahead of schedule and then we ended up getting back on schedule from what they originally told us because of the weather. So, everything went exactly as they described as far as what they were gonna do each week. And our expectations were met from everything that we were told as far as the construction process goes.

The lead manager of the construction team was very helpful. He communicated very well with texting or calling sometimes with questions, and he would respond immediately. Most of the crew don't speak English so I only talked to one of them one time that spoke some English. But I generally didn't have questions for them and they just did their thing.

We're in love with our pool and it came standard with a lot of the SmartFeatures and the light changing colors. We got a waterfall feature and then two that looked like waterfalls are attached to the pool. We really like the waterfalls and our favorite feature is probably the tanning shelf. We have a three-year-old and she thinks that's her kiddie pool. We originally were thinking about going with the heater, but then we changed our mind based on the fact that we discovered it would end up costing us a lot more on our gas bill every time we used it. Although we got a lot of the stuff to be standard, we upgraded our pavers and some flagstones. So overall, I totally recommend Blue Haven and they have a good process. I felt like the pool costs were pretty fair. And everything went exactly as planned.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Blue Haven made the pool of one of my friends in the neighborhood. That friend told us about them and we liked their pool. The gentleman who came out who had spoke with my friends, showed us several different designs and then we ended up choosing the one that my friend had. He said that one was popular down here. And since we wanted a smaller sized pool it fit well for our yard.

The construction process was kind of lengthy because once they did the initial dig and started the process, we had a little tropical depression that dumped 12 inches. And then they were delayed a little bit for that. And then we had another one, which was a small hurricane but it ended up really not being as bad as the tropical storm. Though it was still delayed a few more weeks because of bad weather and rain. Our pool took an extra probably month and a half to complete with the process of it.

The contractor that was sent over was really good. Any time that I had a question, I've contacted him and he answered everything or came back if it was something we needed him to look at. It's sort of like a heart-shaped at one side but it kind of rounds out. And we have a tanning ledge in it and it was very nice. The maintenance is also very easy. My husband cleans the filter from the system itself. He'll take them out and hose them down the way they told him. And he cleans the skimmer daily. There's really hardly any maintenance. People asked us about our pool and we recommended it. They did a great job. Everyone is really good like from the girl in the office. She was very, very nice and contacted us daily to let us which crew would be out on which day to do each step. They communicated very well with us.

Original review: April 15, 2018

All the guys that we worked with from Blue Haven were very nice, professional, and easy to work with. They went through different stages and they consistently kept in touch with us on each stage of the process. And any time we had an issue, they came out and solved it. So, overall, we had a really good experience and I would recommend Blue Haven. David, the design consultant, was really good with the pergola and the landscape. We paid outright for the pool and they started constructing it around April. Then they finished it on Father's Day weekend and they did a great job. Our pool is not extravagant or a real huge one. It's just a standard-sized pool with a little shape to it, a hot tub, and a diving rock. Then we have the basic lights on the inside of the pool. I like the hot tub and waterfall flowing into the pool. I like the design of it and the diving rock is pretty cool, too.

No response received
Original review: April 12, 2018

Came home to a flooded backyard from water which was drained out of a pool being constructed by "Blue Haven Pools" at 12 Laura Elizabeth court in Mansfield Texas. The construction crew drained the pool into the neighbor's yard at 13 Laura Elizabeth court, where our "ground based Transformer" is, which powers our entire neighborhood. The neighbor at 13 Laura Elizabeth court confronted the workers when he noticed the flooding and their response was they did not have a hose long enough to reach the street. The water has been draining into my yard for the greater part of the day. It's now 5 pm and there is still water standing in my backyard.

I called the number on the sign in the front yard and was told I called the wrong number, and should have called the construction office. And that was that in her book, Tough luck, Call somebody who cares!!! In short if you value your neighbors and your neighborhood DO NOT HIRE "BLUE HAVEN POOLS"! I will never call them and will spread the word of their invasive practices.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas response

We saw your post and want to apologize for our crew’s activity that caused water to enter your yard. Blue Haven has built more than 20,000 pools in north Texas, and while we do our best to ensure a smooth construction process, human error does sometimes occur. We do our best to learn from anything that goes wrong so we can put measures in place to prevent a repeat. Our corporate office reached out to the local general manager to alert him to your post; apparently he had already reached out to you to apologize and to ask if your yard had any damage that his team needed to repair. He also indicated he had arranged for a staff member to visit your home—as well as your neighbor’s—to leave a note with contact information. We are sorry for the mishap, and again, should the runoff rainwater have caused any damage, we will take steps to remediate your yard.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We had a consultation with the Blue Haven rep on what we were looking for and it went really well. We worked with a guy named Tony on it. And between some stuff that we needed to get taken care of in the backyard and everything, we basically told them what we were looking for and they used the computer program to do a mock-up of our house and what the pool would look like. It was cool. And as we were getting it going Tony was very involved. He came out to our house two or three times and then we met in person at their store about four times.

The construction was a little complicated. We had to get a tree and a gas line moved, so we were responsible for that. So it delayed the start a little bit. Once we got started, it was fine. They excavated out a decent amount of dirt and land. Everything went smooth. There were a couple of weeks that they weren't behind, but there wasn't a lot of work happening. I think Tony may have had some stuff going on personally so communication did get a little rough during the middle of the construction phase. We had to call and then try to get some updates on what was going on. But they ended up getting it done and it has been great. The entire process, once they actually started on the pool, only took seven weeks.

The pool is a 15 x 32 rectangle with a border around the outside that's pretty thin. And then there's a sunny patio that they put in. There's a sunny area, ledge at the one shallow end of the pool. That ledge was my favorite. And we did like the darker finish. The water looks like a darker blue than it it’s like what you usually see in a pool. We got the top of the line filter system and it was easy to maintain and use. It does a good job. I'd recommend them.

They have a new GM in there and she's been great to work with. If we need anything, she always get through their service or they have the construction guys follow up on us. I asked them to come back out because they did a retaining wall for us, as well. And they had the sub-contractor come back out because we wanted to extend it. I don't know if we can get a hold of them to do that because they're using a sub-contractor. But once we talked to Michelle, she had it done literally within a week.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Our neighbors had a pool built by Blue Haven. I spoke with them, told them we're interested in a pool. They sent a designer out and we went over some things that we wanted in the pool. And a few days later he drafted something up and gave us a proposal and some pictures. They arranged a pool loan. They just directed us to a company named GreenSky and I spoke with them and knocked it out quite quickly.

We waited about six weeks when they broke ground. Then they did the plumbing, the electrical and the finishing work. All in, it took about 12 weeks. It is a free-form pool and the back wall is elevated. The people at Blue Haven are upfront and they do a good job. The back end and the customer service and things like that are extremely slow but if a customer is prepared for slow customer service on the back end, then they should be fine. They were nice to work with and chances are, if we had to do another pool, we'd be far more prepared going in a second time around. But we're more likely to use them again.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Blue Haven sent their certified pool guy out with his laptop, saw what we wanted and we laid it out in the yard. They designed it all in one evening. It couldn't have been a better experience. It took about four weeks from the time they broke ground to getting it done. I got the app for the phone to control everything. So there’s an automatic chlorinator on it. There were a couple of little changes that I made along the way and they just knocked it out. As soon as I mentioned something here or there, they told me that could do it. They were good folks to work with and everything went smoothly.

Original review: March 29, 2018

When I got interested in having a pool, I took quotes from a few people and then reached out to Blue Haven and met with John at his office. We discussed the idea and the budget. We had another two or three meetings with my wife at the house, looking over where we expected the pool to be. All in all, it was great. There was a lot of communication and the design process was awesome. John came at night at my office one time and brought his computer to show the final project. We met at his office twice. He was always very pleasant, super helpful, really good descriptions and very transparent. Our interactions were awesome.

The construction went fairly smooth, but if there was a little bit more coordination on the front end then it could’ve gone smoother. We had a bit of a hiccup coordinating with our landscaping contractors around the start date. And it was spring time, so we were trying to cooperate with the weather too. So, the construction was pushed back a little bit from expectations and the process from start to finish took longer. And there were delays with concrete. But the contractors were respectful of us being in our property, and coming in and out where we have a giant dog. We broke ground in early March and the pool wasn’t completed until July.

We already had some pretty creative thoughts around the pool in what we wanted to do. When John came in, the hot tub was gonna be in a full corner and he pulled it out a little bit to give us some more inside square footage on the pool, which was really helpful. After that, it was collaborative. Me and my wife knew we wanted a modern rectangular pool with a swim-up bar area. And John was able to take our ideas and really make it work. He threw in the stairs and everything went really great. It was simple and that was what we wanted. The spa is incredible, too. The lights have been great also, and that was more of the surprise.

If someone asks about Blue Haven, I'll tell them to schedule an appointment and to go talk to John. He was very clear. He gave us a ton of details from the beginning. And we were new, so we didn’t really have a lot of information. He did a great job of painting the picture for us. In fact, I have a referral who’s asking me information already, so I’m gonna send it to them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I recommend Blue Haven Pools & Spas. The young man who came out and helped me with the design was really helpful. I had a larger patio around the pool, a sitting bench on it and wider steps. The construction took four and a half weeks, and everybody was really helpful and they were all really good. The pool loan went through Frost Bank and they gave it to me really easy too. Blue Haven helped arrange it for me but then I had a good credit too.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When I got a new pool, Blue Haven’s designer came out with one design and then I looked at other stuff and gave him another idea. After he redid it three times, he had the design. He always answered my calls and my questions plus, if I needed help, he was there. I made changes and did what I wanted. It took four weeks to put the pool but the longest part was getting the permits which took three weeks. My pump leaked since it was done and the team who did the work came out and fixed it. We’ve only had three weeks with the pool so we haven’t really enjoyed it but so far, the SmartPure Ozone is good. Blue Haven did a good job and if anyone asks, they should get them. I referred three people to Blue haven already and when I build my new home, then I’ll use them again.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We like the thought of having an Ozonator in a new pool and Blue Haven was the only company that offered that solution. They were also recommended by other people who had used them. To design the pool, Blue Haven had somebody come out to sit down and talk to us about what we were looking for and how we would use the pool now and in five years, thinking about the family and then the house. And then their designer also helped us design the deck and every area in the backyard that we built around it.

Since we had just sold a house and had a little extra fund, we ended up paying for everything as we needed to. The construction took about 12 weeks and it was two weeks longer than we thought it was going to be but that was understandable. We had a lot of rain and some other things during the construction. Also, we ran into some difficulties with grading and drainage in the backyard, but Blue Haven came back with solutions that helped us get rid of those. And although we wished the pool was done smoother than it had, that was just normal. I build out restaurants and no matter what you build, you always wish it goes smoother than it does.

Still, Blue Haven did a great job. We like our new pool and we love the bubbler which we have running all summer long because we leave the windows open and it sounds great. We also have a tanning ledge and that is just awesome. And because of the Ozonator, we don't use as much chlorine so the water doesn't smell like it and we don't feel like we're coming out of a chemical bath. Additionally, they're good people too. Since I am still a new pool owner, there were times that we had questions and they had people come out the next day to see what we were talking about. I've also called a couple of times during winter and they were very responsive. I'd recommend Blue Haven to my friends and tell them that they do great products.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Blue Haven out of Metairie built my pool less than 2 years ago. First of all they concreted the plans completely upside down which my steps are on the other side from my porch walkway. Second the vacuum broke. I mailed it to them and they wouldn’t mail it back. I ended up putting out another $499 and bought another. I started having suction problems when starting my pool up this spring. I called and asked if they could come make a service check. After several phone calls to the Metairie office and promising to come and assured me they would call since I am 2 hours from them. No show after 3 or more weeks. I called the customer service in California who never contacted me back.

One day I went to the doctor and guess who came? No call before till they knocked on my door and no answer. I called the missed call 15 minutes and said, "Can you come back?" and he said no. I call the Metairie office once again to complain only to get the owner Robert who belittles women. Told me I could call Customer service till I’m blue in the face that he owned this coming. Needless to say I let him know what a crappy service set up he had sending workers out on a 2 hour drive service call not even scheduling with the pool owner. Did he think that I just sit home and wait. What I did was contact a pool company in Baton Rouge who referred me to another who was so helpful. I will never ever use Blue Haven in Metairie or recommend them ever.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Blue Haven sent a salesman out and he sat down with us and told us all about the different options that they offered, as far as the waterfalls or the choices we had for the pavers. But, we didn’t like him. I wanted to consider the depth of the pool to go from four feet to six feet, but he insisted that it would not be good and that I wouldn’t want that. He told us that we had to go with the designs that he had drawn up already and he didn’t let me make decisions. So we decided to get a price from somebody else. But since a friend of mine had such good results from Blue Haven, we decided to go with them and we signed a contract with the salesman but it wasn’t what I wanted. So when we went to Blue Haven office, we talked to the owner and he let us change everything that we had decided on and what we really wanted. Also, he took us out to his house to look at his pool and we liked him a lot.

Nancy, the lady they gave me for financing, did the application over the phone and the payment comes from Lendkey. Stephanie from the Blue Haven Office did a really good job in helping me pick the colors because I was not good with that. Matt, the guy that does the pool training class on how to keep the system working was really good, too. He was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the system and how it worked. And Darryl, the guy led the construction team through every phase of it, was phenomenal. They started installing in April and it was done in May, which was within the timeframe that he told to us. The pool had been in for almost a year now and he would still come to our house if I need him to.

On the installation, they were supposed to do the granite on one particular day but something happened with the company that they were using. So they had to go with another company that they had not used before. So, when they came to do the granite, they brought the trucks and the owner of the granite company and the owner of the pool company was there. All the people came to see how this new company was going to do in doing the granite on the pool. It was aggravating at first because the installation was delayed but the pool looked really good once they were done. The lighting of the pool is the best for me but I like the waterfalls too, and I love the vacuum system I have on it. I would tell my friends to use Blue Haven.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I worked for a builder and Blue Haven has done 20 pools in my neighborhood in the last year so they came very highly recommended. I knew nothing about building a pool and David, the gentleman who helped me build it drew up the plans. I approved them and it went nice, smooth and easy. I was very happy with them. David was a good salesperson and knew what he was doing. I had no issues with him and I would recommend him to other people. I'd tell them that I had a great experience with Blue Haven pools and I used David, give them his card and tell them to give him a call.

During construction, they had various crews that came out. They had a job site superintendent and a lady in the office that was the head of production and she was always in contact with me. It was the same way with the superintendent who oversaw everybody. When they had scheduled the work to be done, they were never late or disruptive. They told me I'd be done in April and it wouldn't get started until 1st of March because of the permits so I knew they were right on time. I never had any issues and I had a great experience with everybody.

I have a very small backyard and I wanted to fill it up but not overdo it so I have a basic pool. They showed me how to operate the SmartPure Ozone and I do day-to-day or week-to-week maintenance of the pool. I also have it tested every couple of weeks and they tell me what I need. I personally clean it and the Ozone is so easy to clean. My friends have asked me about Blue Haven in the past and they’ve come highly recommended by me and I can name 12 other people in my neighborhood that would do the same. Blue Haven is an excellent company and I’m very pleased with them. They stay in touch with me all the time so if I ever have a problem, I just pick up the phone and they’ll send somebody out to fix it.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Blue Haven went over what I liked, what my expectations were and my budget. They did the drawing right in front of me so they made it easy, and what they designed was exactly what I wanted. I wanted to pay cash so I paid based on what was next on the list, like when they were coming to do the screen, I paid the screen guy. Blue Haven offered a lot of things and made some recommendations but I kept it simple. I like the water fountains and where I can put the umbrella. I have a little tropical landscaping around the pool but this winter killed all my plants. As soon I replant them, which should be this weekend, I'm going to send them a picture so they can see the final product. I've told a couple of people about Blue Haven already. I had a really good experience and I can't wait for summer.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.

• Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.

• Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.

• Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.

• Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.

• Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs