4.55/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Blue Haven Pools & Spas

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Blue Haven Pools offer inground custom designs to meet your design & budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with 3D virtual reality software. Best of all, our state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

266 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had Blue Haven build my pool, and I've got their Smart cartridge filter and the OmniLogic control panel. The 1.5 horsepower pump is a Blue Haven too. The salt generator was Blue Haven brand as well. I spoke with the design consultant every single day. He came out and looked at the lay of the land and what I imagined. Also, I took pictures of pools I found online, all the way down to the color of the plaster to every component of the whole thing. He drew up a pool that would be functional, a shape and size that fit within the backyard. It looked fantastic on paper. He always answered the phone and came out to the house tons of times. He was on top of things as far as the whole process of designing to building it and making sure everything moved along as quickly as possible.

Blue Haven gave me an option to speak to somebody regarding financing, and even that person was great. It wasn't somebody who was trying to sell me on something. I did all the financing on my own since I had a better scenario of available cash and some financing. I was quoted eight to ten weeks for the construction to finish. We probably could have finished in five but it would have been pushing it. We ended up finishing about six and a half weeks total from start to finish.

Everything was a one-day process except the stone. That was a week because there was a lot of stonework. The pavers took three days because there was a lot of paver work to do too. Everything was quick, except for items like gunite and plaster that can’t be installed when it’s raining. I was able to, fortunately, be at the house on pretty much any given day, so I was able to ask quick questions. Or if they’re not here, I'd jump on the phone and call them. There were a few tweaks that we did throughout the process, from the building versus what was physically drawn as far as the patio decking but it was all good.

I like being able to just sit in the pool and turn on the heaters. I don’t have to walk over to the panel and make adjustments. That's perfectly one of the biggest things as far as functionality. Overall, they're all super nice guys, top quality people as far as their end-result product of each stage of the pool build. Their rep is actually a friend of several of my friends I went to school with. That made my experience even better because there was a personal connection as well. They were there to make things happen and the quality of what was done was top-notch.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

When we stopped by the first time at Blue Haven, we talked to a designer who showed us several of the designs, we picked one out and he quoted us a price. He was very good and helpful. He came out and scoped out where it would be in our backyard. They gave us a date when they assumed they’d be done, depending on weather and stuff because you can’t help the rain. Everything went as planned, and by July 4th we were open. So, everything went extremely well. I call their rep Cheryl if I have a problem and she’s right there no matter what. She can walk me through anything.

We have two small grandkids. When we first got the pool, my granddaughter was one year old and the sunny ledge was the best thing that worked for her. There's a safe place for them to go and they won't be in the deep end, and we love that. I like the gunite too. I don't have a liner and that makes a lot of difference. My brother has a pool with a liner and he has to replace it every four years and I don’t have to do that. Overall I've recommended Blue Haven highly. We have four friends who put in Blue Haven pools. One of them put one in last year in Kingfisher, and they had the same experience we had and used the same designer. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I saw a picture of one of my friends and she had a pool in the background. I asked her who they used and she said it was Bob with Blue Haven and she passed along his number. We enjoyed talking to Bob and that he took the time out of his day to take us around when we asked him to show us the pools he had done. That's when we realized we wanted a tanning ledge too. We wanted the spa that overflowed into the pool and then we added the tanning ledge. It was awesome.

We wanted it done as a surprise for a family that was coming to stay with us for a few weeks. It was completed in August and it went along faster than I thought. Those guys work hard. They were here at the crack of dawn and they didn't leave until it's dark. They were detailed and everybody was excellent. Everything went smoothly which is great. The pool also has a feature where we can activate and work everything through my husband's phone like when you're sitting in the hot tub and he doesn't want to get out to change something. We've had numerous people in the neighborhood asking and coming to look at it, so hopefully, they use them too. It was wonderful to do business with them and we are definitely enjoying the pool. We're pleased with Blue Haven.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My pool lights went off because they got struck by lightning. Blue Haven Pools & Spas weren’t able to come and service the lights because they were going through issues out of the Oklahoma City Service Department where they were all new and inexperienced. I had to go to a third party to come fix the lights and replace them. Another issue I have is I live 100 miles away from their office so I get charged over $200 alone for a travelling fee just for them to come out here and look at stuff. But everything is working good now. The first couple of years I had Blue Haven Pools & Spas they came out and did good jobs. They also do a good job of giving me what I need, if it be chemicals or a couple little parts that I can fix myself. They’re not cheap but they do look good.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

The pool that we have was previously plastic-lined and Blue Haven pools changed the shape of the pool, made it smaller and made it into a plaster pool. They did a good job with the remodel. We appreciated the attention that the person who was overseeing the project gave to the remodel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We worked with Blue Haven on a new pool and it was our first time having a pool. The design process was really good. We worked with Jeff and we met on two different occasions. The first one was for him to get our initial ideas and concept, and the second one was to go over what he had and make any tweaks and measurement changes. Jeff did a good job of laying out the package and how much everything costs. However, we had to go back and look at the color of the Pebble Tec that we wanted again because the paperwork that had that selection down was misplaced, but it wasn't a big deal.

They dug the hole prior to us closing on the house, which was an arrangement with the builder, so we could get the equipment in before they put up the walls, but we ended up that tearing down anyway so it really didn't save us that much in the long run. But because they had done the initial dig, we encountered a problem with our HOA here, which is Southern Highlands, and the other HOA which is Olympia Ridge, which are extremely painful to deal with when getting backyards approved. Each time the design was rejected, we would have to wait 30 days before they met again to resubmit a new design.

That process took us over six months to get done. I finally had Blue Haven set up a special meeting with the board and explain to them everything we were doing, show them pictures and help them understand. It would have been in Blue Haven's best interest to do that at the very beginning. Plus, they could have been more in tune and have a really personal relationship with the HOA in order to grease the skids so the approval process goes through the first time, and if there were any deviations required, we could have gotten that taken care of. Instead, we waited almost a year for our pool to get done, which was not acceptable. I own responsibility for some of the HOA problem, but the pool company could have taken on more responsibility and helped navigate those waters especially since this was the first time we have owned a pool and had to deal with that.

Another thing was Blue Haven had basically zero project management. They just did things and when they got done with something, then they would schedule the next thing, whereas if they were on top of it more, they could've had the next trade coming in. There were lost days, or weeks even, when the teams weren't here working and they could have been had Blue Haven scheduled them appropriately. That way, setting our expectation would have at least been possible versus saying it was going to take another month. How many pools have they built? They should know how long this stuff takes.

They deal mostly with subcontractors and have very few of their own people and staff. A couple of our neighbors have had different companies come in bulk and they seemed to get their pools done very quickly, relatively speaking. However, Bob was personally involved in resolving some of the issues we had and was on site quite a few times to ensure that. He also looked at things that were damaged during the construction of our pool and some paperwork. He was really good about being personally involved with that. Aside from him, Shelley coordinated some of the stuff afterwards and she was also good.

The subcontractor used all completely fake and concrete rock and Jose was accommodating when I wanted something tweaked. He did all the work which was great but his process took a long time because it was typically him and one other person working on it. However, when it came down to sculpting, that was more of an artist and really a trade versus just building something, and I appreciated the time that it took him. He worked diligently on 12-hour days to get it done and he probably would have worked longer, but the HOA and the security wouldn't allow him in the area after 6:00 o'clock.

The pool took a lot longer and there were a few headaches but I was satisfied with the end result. The waterfalls are my favorite, and they also built a Koi pond for us. We also have the Hayward control system and I can control the whole pool and spa from my thumb. The pool itself is really well-done too. It fits the space and blends into the environment really well. We wanted more of a natural look, which they were able to achieve.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We got a 50-yard regular pool which gave us more yard room, and then we put a hot tub on it. The support on-going from Blue Haven has been amazing. The rep, Shellie, should be well-rewarded by the company as she’s to die for from a support standpoint. The girl is very attentive, very customer-oriented, and does a good job.

We designed the pool with them and the guy who designed it did an exemplary job. There’s always 'shoulda', 'coulda' and 'woulda' but the design is working out for us. We moved in in December, we started the pool construction in February and we filled up the pool with water in March. I’m a heavy communications guy, so I made sure that I stayed in touch with the girl who’s handling the contractors to make sure that she knew, as much as everybody knew, what was going on and she can keep the construction moving forward. We’ve been happy with the pool that we got. They put in Hayward equipment which works really well. When my pump kind of went south on me after the three years, Hayward came out and replaced it, and paid for the labor and the equipment. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend Blue Haven. I made a great decision with a great company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Blue Haven built me a pool. In fact, the owner of the company came to my house with these little diagrams, took a measurement of my yard and drew it out. They also have these pre-made forms of different shaped pools in different sizes which we played around with. Then we tweaked the design a little bit from there because I wanted my pool to be shorter than their standard. So we shortened it a little bit then bumped it up some place else. I paid cash for the pool and they worked very fast and very organized, though I wasn't quite prepared with the chaos that ensued. But when you dig a giant hole in your backyard and fill it with concrete, it causes some chaos. Then I had a gentleman call me, ask me my experience and I said they were great.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Blue Haven's design process exceeded my expectations. When Dave came over, I was kind of wondering what he was doing because he measured every inch of my backyard. I didn't understand the whole 3D picture thing. He was measuring between windows and everything else. Then within days, he called me and came down and checked it out. I had an idea of what I wanted then he propped the design up on the screen and that was well beyond my expectation. From the get-go, I was totally stoked about it. He had a wonderful idea and he did an exceptional job. I get compliments about my pool left and right when people come over.

Completing the construction was the only snuffle. We started March 27th and everything was as Dave promised me. And then we hit a snag. Nobody came for one week. I waited about a day or two. I called Aileen about it and she told me she forgot to call me because the decking around was on back order. I told her that when we put the order in, Dave checked it in and everything was in stock. That wasn't so important that I could have probably changed that.

Then again we hit the excessive heat and there was two weeks of no work being done. So I called and asked if the pool was going to be done for my birthday because the kids were throwing me a surprise birthday party. They said, "We don't think so." I told them that they gave me the initial no-later-than date as June 1st and it was already the 17th, and that I was little distraught with all of it that was going on. They apologized, but that didn't help me since it was already two weeks late of being completed. I told them I'm throwing a 4th of July party and I needed to have my pool done.

They sent the start-up guy to come on a Thursday. He was supposed to come a Monday and finish the inspection, but he texted me at about 5:00 in the morning telling me he was a little behind and couldn't come that day. I waited until 9:00 o'clock when the office opened. I called and told them he needed to come. They screwed up my 60th birthday party, and they were supposed to screw up my 4th of July. I told them I'm paying them cash money so I expected the pool to be done. And we were done on Monday the week before the 4th of July. Everything was good other than the construction part of it. If I would've known a week before, I could have changed the decking around. That wasn't something that I was dying for. Nevertheless, Blue haven was so easy to work with. I'd totally recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Blue Haven does maintenance on my pool on a monthly basis and they provide an excellent service. Their representatives answer me within the same day whenever I reach out to when they are able to come out.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Blue Haven replastered our pool. The service rep came and was very kind, informative and answered all my questions. We looked at what we had and seen some different options. Everything was in a timely manner. They did quality work and it's holding up well. I started the monthly service contract with them to clean the pool and maintenance and that has gone really well too. I'm highly satisfied overall.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Our Blue Haven designer was wonderful. I wanted a very specific kind of pool and I wanted it to be very fit formed plus I wanted a hot tub that was not a normal size including a waterfall and a slide. He got it all together and it was better than I imagined. They also had a great installation manager that managed my pool. And he was always good about letting me know about the installation to stay on schedule. We had a lot of rain during the process but it still didn't float down too much. They went above and beyond. They are the best.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The Blue Haven designer was a nice and understanding guy. He gave us what we wanted to do with a different tweak because it was more efficient and even cost-effective. That was very nice and we truly appreciated that. Once that design was done, he handed us off to the supervisor who oversees the construction and makes sure everything goes well on that. We were most pleased and impressed with the construction management side of the pool, the communications and with all that being involved. Blue Haven also offered to help arrange a pool loan but we already had the money and contact.

During the construction process, phone calls were arranged first, introductions were done on the phone and then a meeting with Jerry, the person who was in charge of the process was conducted. Jerry was extremely informative and helpful. He was the only person I spoke with. Every day, before the guys or the crew would show up especially at the beginning, he would give us a heads up on what time they're going to be there and what the process was going to be throughout the week. Then the following week, it would be the same kind of phone call. So, there were no surprises at any point during the process. The project took two and a half months to finish.

We had the fountain, bubblers and colored lights. It's all driven now by the Hayward app that we put on our iPhone and the iPad. It’s called the OmniLogic system. That's nice because I'm not running around looking for the pool remote. It's always available at our hands and our smart devices. It was a positive experience and I’m satisfied. I would recommend Blue Haven 100%. Our designer is now gone, but I would tell my friends to go with the design and their most favorable experience will be with the construction or project manager, which is the most stressful part of things when it comes to a homeowner because you get to sit there and see what's happening.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We had a pleasant experience with Blue Haven. They came out and discussed our needs and what we were looking for. They went back, drew up a pool for us and we made a few changes. We love our pool. It's something that we have always wanted for a long time. Once we've got it, it was everything that we thought it was going to be. Our yard is a little bit of a different design because of its elevation so weren't sure we would be able to get a pool back there but Blue haven made it happen.

The construction part of it was about this time last year, about the same type of weather. They came out one day and dug it. The next day, they had the plumbing and everything going on. The estimate was about a 30-day window, but the rain came a little bit and shut us down for a small period of time which was understandable. But after that, they were on top of it and got it knocked out quick. Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience and I would recommend Blue Haven. I have a neighbor that’s putting a pool in right now. He went outside the system and tried to go with a private contractor. He's in his fifth month of trying to get his pool completed and it's been a nightmare for him.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

We consulted a couple other ones before we went to Blue Haven. We walked in and sat down with the rep and went through things. We immediately said we wanted to do the construction. We were in the middle of building a new home so it was all rough and dirt. We picked our tiling around the top of the pool. We were that happy with their price and their promise of what they were going to do.

But we were out of town when the construction began and my son was overseeing things. There was a little bickering between my builder and the pool place about trash lying around. I cursed my builder out and a lot of the times, it's the pool people who had to clean up after my house construction people. They also had to subcontract the concrete. We were in a dry style and it looked okay but when we had our first rain in, the slope of the concrete was not going to the drains that they put in. It was coming to my house instead. I called Blue Haven and they contacted the contractors. They were out within a reasonable time and it was all fixed and corrected.

They always take care of things. I was new to the area and the reason I went with Blue Haven was that they had a store. The other ones were private builders. If I need something, the owner of the store in Bossier City brings it to my house 'cause she lives nearby. I get a little special treatment better. We consider them friends and we feel like family.

We like our pool very much. We have the bubblers, water misters in the pool and between the water misters, we have a bench sitting over there. We also put a heater in the pool and that's my favorite. I also enjoy the colored lights feature of the pool. The pool construction was non-stressful and we're very happy. We have other acquaintances that built with one of the other designers that I was looking at also and 10 months later, they still have problems with their pool. They were sorry they did not go with Blue Haven. And then I have a neighbor across the street that'd love the pool. I've told them that but he wants to do so much more than what I did to my pool. He's been shopping around for pools and he's leaning towards Blue Haven.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

The design consultant from Blue Haven was good. We got what they have on special for the design of the pool which is fine with us. The construction began with them marking the pool where it's gonna be, and then coming with excavation, plumbing, concrete, stacking and tiles. It took about 45 days with no delays. Also, the team was good for the most part but there were a couple of things like the skimmer lid not fitting from what they installed. It took about a month to get a guy and do a 20-minute job.

Then, we still have an electrical issue. They run a new breaker for the power for this but two or three times a week, it flips the breaker and the pump shuts off. A different guy came out and had to order a part. I don't know where he's ordering it from, but I don't see why they have to get the parts if they can get something that's probably at a warehouse somewhere in the area. Two or three weeks ago, we made a call on a Tuesday asking when they can come and do the final inspection. They said Wednesday to Friday but nobody ever showed up nor called. Getting them to come back out and fix or check something has not been good.

The construction supervisor was such a nice guy. He suggested that when they're doing plumbing, I talk to that contractor to do this automatic fail-safe. They run one of the pipes from one of our water spouts outside under the ground and when we need to fill the pool, we have to go turn on the water spout. They ran to that pipe and don't have to run a house to the pool so we did that. But when all the construction was done and I was in the pool and needed to add some water, I went and turned on the spout to get the pipe. I was doing some other stuff outside and I noticed I might reduce the water but that pipe had broken. We need the decking and water was coming out from underneath the concrete decking. I told them about it and they said it's not part of the original contract and they're not gonna come and fix that. It was the contractor for the plumbing that installed that, so it will be their problem.

Bottom line is that it cost us $175 to have that part installed and it's not a big deal, so I don't have to use that. I could use a regular hose to fill but it was suggested by their guy to do this. The service was great and they were excellent but only until the pool was done. The supervisor got back to me pretty quick but after that, it's like they're done with me. When I was trying to get them to come out and fix some of the stuff, I called ten times and they said they'll get somebody to schedule and come out there. I'd get to a point where I'd sit outside of their office telling people to go away to see if they'll come and fix my stuff. The pool meets my expectations but I'd tell people to try somebody else.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We had a design in mind and Blue Haven executed it. They customized some new stuff that I wanted that they hadn't done before and they met my expectations on all those things. I like the deck area and the overall look of the pool is my favorite. I would recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

A friend of mine referred me to Blue Haven. The construction was how we anticipated it and it was good. We planned the design and started the pool around fall and finished in the spring. We had the waterfalls, the spa, and the lights added to our pool. We also have some smart features such as the Ozone, the SmartControl and remote. We've referred Blue Haven to several of our friends and would not hesitate to recommend them to others. Overall, we had a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We had a guy from Blue Haven come out and we told him what we were looking for. He went back and came up with a design, and then sent it to us. We went back and forth, tweaking a few things. We knew what we were looking for and he put it on paper for us. The construction process felt like it took forever because we did it over the winter. They came out, leveled everything then they started digging a big hole. The next thing we knew, there was rebar up and wood and it looked like a pool. They then did the spray concrete. All that was pretty quick. They had to run wiring and plumbing afterward. The very last step was all the tile and the stone. We did PebbleSheen inside. They filled it up with water and taught us how to do everything. Then we were swimming in it.

We have the Hayward equipment. Everything is done through the phone or iPad, which is really convenient. However, I would have liked to have had a remote. But that was not offered with what we got. However, the unit itself has a touchpad on it. But you have to walk out to it. Also, when we started out, we thought that it was going to be cheaper than it was. But we realized quickly that what we wanted was way above than what our budget was. And that was with everyone because we looked at a few companies before we chose Blue Haven. Everything worked out well though. It was a great experience, easy and we didn't have to do anything but pay for it. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

They came to my home, laid out what the pool was going to potentially look like, and had several visits. We came up with a plan that worked within my financial budget. It was amazing. The pool was finished in 10 weeks. We did it over the winter holiday and by spring, the pool was open and ready to go. Also, I have a salt system and it made it easier if there was a problem. It would let you know and it was user-friendly. I'd recommend Blue Haven. They provide an exceptional customer service.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I met with Peter from Blue Haven and told him what I wanted. I requested a Roman shape so, that's what I got. The construction of the pool was done within 10 weeks and it was very organized. George, the one in charge, took over the construction to make sure the pool was being built properly and on time. He was very good and answered all our questions. We got the pool school to help us maintain our pool but it went in one ear and out the other. So, we ended up hiring a pool person to do it for us. I told my friends to get Blue Haven if they’re looking for a pool and as a matter of fact, three of our neighbors around us already have their pools in the process by Blue Haven. It was an awesome experience and the best I've had. From the salesperson to the finish, it was great compared to trying to talk to other salespersons from other pool companies.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We requested a quote from four separate companies in the area and Blue Haven responded immediately and was able to schedule an appointment for us within a week. Shane came in person to examine the area. He met with my husband, they walked the patio and he answered my husband’s questions. He was very good in explaining things. He saw the vision that we had then they put up a quote together for us and sent it our way within a few days. In addition to the quote, we requested a 3D design. It took two days to get back and send it our way as well via email. We had some conversations about some questions and to modify some things.

We knew from the beginning that we were going to with them. It was very personable, they knew what they were doing and they cared. In fact, six months before we moved to this area, when we came house-hunting, we stopped by Blue Haven. We knew that wherever we ended up moving we wanted to build a pool. That time, they didn’t have a business with us but Brandy spent a good 30 minutes talking with us and answering questions.

When they started building the pool, they gave us a timeframe of eight weeks. We had some rain and they ended up finishing the whole product definitely in less than 12 weeks. We were behind by two weeks because we also added more concrete at the end. But we are very pleased. It was a great experience to work with them. And we love our end product. It looked better than the 3D model that they designed for us. It's very accurate. We have a spa that has water cascading from it into the pool. We also have a waterfall right on top of the jumping platform. We love those two along with the slide. We also have this remote that has a screen that tells us everything about the pool like the temperature. We can perform it from the inside the house so that’s pretty nice. Also, Blue Haven has always been very good in answering calls even on a Saturday or a Sunday for one thing or another. I have recommended them without reservations to all of my friends.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

The design process was fine with Blue Haven and the guy was great. We had an elevation issue in my backyard and we were trying to come up with price analysis and the design I wanted. There were a couple of revisions but it was coming to an agreement of what I saw the pool would look like or what I wanted. It's a fine process.

Also, I was trying to stay within the budget, so instead of having Blue Haven do it, I had this other guy that Blue Haven had used for the border around the pool. It was a little difficult through that process and that was a little bit of a drag so, it had to do with the subcontractor that they usually use. It took a period of time and that really slowed us down. Then, the weather started coming and there were a couple minor things with some of the construction type of things towards the end. Sometimes it gets frustrating with a little bit of the construction process but that’s part of it. Then, there are other pools being built at the same time and only so many people can get to it.

I had a slide and I really like that I did it. But the coloring of the concrete is a waste of money. I'd probably do it myself. I paid $850 for not much material and some of the stuff that I'd have to touch up anyway. So maybe it's better that I did it myself. That way you have the material there to touch it up. But Blue Haven knew what they were doing and when you're putting a pool in, you got to have somebody that really knows what they're doing and all the issues that could go on with it. Also, I'm happy with my pool, I'm glad it's all done and my process with Blue Haven was really good. Everything was full speed ahead and it was a beautiful experience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

My experience with Blue Haven was great. I love the pool, and the fountain is my favorite. We also had four waterfalls, colored lighting, glass beads, a fire pit, and a spa. Everybody on their team was great. The only delays we had were Mother Nature. We got a lot of rain but the pool still looks great. I have their smart features and do it all through my phone.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We met with Peter and he came out to our house on a Saturday and laid out our options, measured out the pool, and we signed the contract with Blue Haven Pools & Spas the same day. It was pretty quick and he was very knowledgeable and polite. Plus, we’re two women looking at a pool and out of all the companies we looked at, he was very willing to deal with us and didn’t need a man’s input. That made a lot of difference in our decision.

Three days later, we had the design plans and our options for tile, plaster, the waterfall and everything. They also offered a loan, but we paid in cash. Then the construction process went really smoothly and it was handed off to Mike at that point. He’s their GC and he did a really good job of contacting us and letting us know when he was coming out. They said it would take six to eight weeks and we were done within five. They ran ahead of schedule. They actually beat all their deadlines, though I think we just lucked out and things fell into place. They had their teams coming in back-to-back days and they did a great job. They dug the hole, put in the pipes and plastered it and it was basically done.

It’s a freeform pool that they just drew out, kind of like a bean shape. We have a waterfall in the shallow end of the pool. It’s a natural-looking rock. We also got colored LED lights which really light up the pool. Then we did pavers around the outside and at one point, we had already ordered so many pavers and they actually came back and made a little design suggestion change, then we added more pavers. The waterfalls is our favorite feature. But the fact that the pool plaster is very, very smooth, might be our favorite part in the pool. Sometimes they are rough, but this is the smoothest pool I've ever been in. Overall, they did a wonderful job.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The rep from Blue Haven came out, met with me and asked me what I was wanting in a pool. He measured my backyard and gave me some ideas of what he thought was good in the space that we had. He drew it up and emailed it to me. He explained that they made themselves available at any time that I had a question. They even gave me their cell phone numbers and I could talk to them after hours about stuff. We agreed on the plan and he did exactly what we wanted.

They came and dug the hole, marked it off and dug it. They had me sign off on something approving the shape. Then they came and put that wire in and sprayed in there. We have to keep wetting it over so many hours so it doesn't crack. Then they did the flagstone and then they let us meet with somebody so that they could pour extra concrete. They filled it up and they made sure the chemical process was right. They came back and checked it for several weeks to make sure everything was going okay. And then they came back and put some grounds up.

It's the best experience I've had building a pool. I've had people tell me that they would never do a pool again 'cause that was the worst process they’ve ever went through so I was dreading it. But I didn’t have that experience. I had a wonderful experience instead with Blue Haven. They were amazing and I've recommended them to other people. They made everything easy. I wanted my pool a different color than what they normally do and they helped me get it. Our pool also got two little squirters that keep the water circulation. I always wanted a pool and they made my dream come true. I didn’t think I could ever afford it or do it but they made it possible. If I sell my house and move, I will have Blue Haven do my pool again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I called Blue Haven pools and we designed my pool according to what we could do with our land. My interactions with the design consultant were good and the construction process went smoothly. I went through a contractor and he handled the pool construction team. Constructing our free-form pool took six weeks. It has a waterfall and a tanning ledge. It also has smart features such as the panel and the filter. Any issues that came up, they handled them quickly and to my satisfaction. Everything about Blue Haven was good and I would refer them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

One of Blue Haven's salesmen came out and we discussed the size and shape of the pool. He was very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. Then, we started the construction in June and it took three and a half months but the process was very stressful. We had some miscommunication with some of the crews so we had a couple of delays. There were different crews that came out and worked on the pool. It had like a figure-eight in shape with the spa on the side. There were a couple of times when there were some miscommunications like when they did the coping around where it wasn't supposed to be. There was no taking it up and fixing it because we were afraid we didn't know what the process is gonna be if we made them take it off. Also, they didn't measure the hardscape correctly so they had to order more hardscape and we got the wrong one which delayed that. This is the first time we've ever put a pool in it and it's the last time.

Our pool is not even a year-old but it's chipping on the bottom which they said is really weird that it ever happened. We'd have to drain our pool and have them come in and fix it but we're waiting because we're using the pool. But they come as soon as possible if there's a problem. We also had them put in a tanning ledge and bubbles which are my favorite feature because they are very soothing. I really like my pool and it was good overall but I don't think I would recommend them. We're not even down to our final expectation because something happened with the plumbing and we weren't told that it passed the inspection. It's almost a year later and they still have to come back out. There's a lot of bad communication and mess up. I had to talk to the owner to get some of these issues resolved and I didn't like the general manager at all so if he's still there, I wouldn't recommend them.

Original review: July 26, 2017

The design process with Blue Haven was very simple. We have told them what we needed and we're able to get the drawing approved very quickly. Upon approval, the site prep gentlemen were there within two days and had everything dug. Everything went as according to what we were told and it's been everything that we have anticipated. My pool has a garden ledge that puts out the return water like a waterfall and the other return water is through the spa, which spills over into the pool. The spa is my favorite feature of my pool. It also has smart features like the SmartPure, an ultraviolet and I also have a remote. Those features have been fine. We've recommended them numerous times.

Original review: July 25, 2017

We decided to have a pool put in after two years of much thought, prayers, and research. We got an estimate from Gary ** and we were impressed with the brochures and types of pools they build. Gary told us that if we had a diving board or pool slide install on our pool our homeowners' insurance would be canceled immediately. That was totally false after we contacted our insurance company and asked them. We decided on a free form midsize pool with a tanning ledge, water slide, upgraded LED lights, and large paver deck. Blue Haven started digging April 25th, and they worked very fast considering we had several days of each week of heavy rainfall. The gunite crew was very good, the coping guy named Leon is an artist with a stone saw. Sal the paver guy knew exactly what he was doing.

The many different crews had specific crafts and skills, the electricians, the plumbers, and the tile guys all did excellent work. The superintendent Darryl ** texted me every morning that a certain crew would be arriving that morning, he was very accessible and always followed up with any request or question that I posed to him. We initially had about 6 estimates from 6 pool builders in the preceding two years, and their cost were very inconsistent. We decided on Blue Haven after our research, reading reviews, and reading testimonials. We are 100% satisfied with our pool and Josh **, Kenny **, and Darryl ** are some of the most honest, trusted, reliable folks that we have ever dealt with.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.
    • Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.
    • Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.
    • Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.
    • Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.
    • Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs