4.4/5 (67 ratings)

About Blue Haven Pools & Spas

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools and spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan — in most states, using 3D virtual reality software. Blue Haven’s exclusive, high-tech SmartFeatures™ help make pool ownership easier and more economical. In the past 25 years alone, Blue Haven offices across the U.S. have successfully built and remodeled nearly 90,000 pools. Blue Haven also arranges 100% financing with approved credit.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

The process with Blue Haven was very easy and they had the best resources for materials and the best option for tiling. We liked that they have large teams that would work with you. We could tell it was a very professional company. I worked with Gary for designing the pool. We had specific things that we wanted to do centered on our outdoor patio and we wanted a large sun shelf. He was able to give us 3D renderings of the different size options and the different layouts we could do with the space of our yard. He was very knowledgeable and knew what would work and what wouldn't work based on the space that we had and it was really helpful being able to visualize it. I also worked with a rep at the showroom for the tile and stuff and she was very nice as well and made it super easy.

We had a couple of snags with construction, though. Our fence was supposed to be removed for them to be able to fit into the back. We put in the contract that Blue Haven would remove the fence and put it back afterward and it might have been missed. I got the call and they were supposed to start. The guy had come out to see everything and said our fence isn't down. I said they were taking the fence down and he said they weren't. It turns out, it was in the contract and it was overlooked. Another snag was that it was a saltwater pool and they had hooked it up to be a chlorine pool. It was another miscommunication because it was always a saltwater pool. They had to come back out and change the equipment, which wasn't a big deal. We had two different project managers and there were some miscommunications from that. But all of them were always taken care of and worked out.

It hasn't been a completely seamless experience, but it's a great one and we love our pool. We have been very happy with the final product. It's exactly what we wanted. We had a couple of issues with the pump and every time, Blue Haven would come out and fix them. We lived in our pool all summer long and we can't wait to do it again this summer.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2022

From the very minute I spoke to Ray ** on the phone inquiring about Blue Haven Pools & Spas(San Antonio), I was met with a sincere interest in finding out what exactly we were wanting in a pool. Ray came over that week and met with us, and got a feel of what my husband and I were thinking of. We both had our own idea of what we wanted and Ray helped us formulate a great design. He explained the process in detail with us, and was gracious to hear all of our concerns and ideas. Ray was also very knowledgeable and took the time to listen to our needs. As the designer he explained the steps to expect and the people that would be involved with the planning and scheduling. Ray kept his promise that he would still be available to us if we had any questions or concerns. Jon our layout guy was very professional and explained the next step to expect. He answered our questions and left his card in case we needed anything else.

Then came our superintendent Jorge **, this man has a huge heart and we felt immediately that our best interest was protected by Jorge. He went over what to expect and gave us an idea who was next in line to work on our project. Javier ** (another superintendent) stopped by to introduce himself and let us know if by some reason Jorge was unavailable he would step in to assist. Javier and Jorge are the perfect example of teamwork and coordination. Both these guys are true professionals and knowledgeable. The work ethic that Jorge, Javier, Ray and the many contractors that came through was exemplary.

I highly recommend this company for your pool needs. What we thought would be a stressful experience from reading reviews on Google I can honestly state that our experience with Blue Haven Pools was beyond what we could have imagined. Timing and planning is everything and I believe if you take the time to communicate exactly what your expectations are you will not be disappointed. Communication was key and we are very thankful to Ray & Jorge for that. Thank you to the staff of professionals that helped make our dream come true. Your hard work and dedication to our project is what dreams and hopes are made of!!!

Original review: March 18, 2022

I liked what Blue Haven had to offer. And it didn't feel like they were trying to oversell me. They just laid out a lot of options. And the packages that were offered were superior to the other companies. They weren't the cheapest. They weren't the most expensive. But their quality seemed to be the highest. My wife did more of the idea of stuff, but I can vouch for her that we had some plans. And they really helped magnify them into something a lot more beautiful than we would have gotten had we done it ourselves. For instance, where we put the landscape, where we put the pool itself, they advised us to put it in the back of our property rather than the front so that in winter time we don't look outside at a pool cover, which was nice, because we have a beautiful landscape behind our house. We have to walk a bit, but it is nice. It’s at the back in the corner of our property.

They had people that helped with the landscape and the fencing. And I felt comfortable working with them. They got it done. I never pushed them to get it done because I know how difficult things were in terms of COVID and supply chain. They were very responsive. And they hooked us up with people for pool cover, and with people to help take care of that. They also handled all the permits. In the past, with other projects, it became cumbersome. They just seemed to know what they were doing.

My wife and I both work a lot. We don't wanna come home and take care of the pool for hours. So, it's a very low maintenance option too, which was nice. It's salt water. I felt they had the best package and for the price, the least amount of effort on our part to, instead of working on a pool, we’re swimming in it. And that’s how it all worked out. So, we were very happy. Know what you're gonna use your pool for and let Blue Haven know what you're looking for. They can help make that pool look like what you want. And you can use it for what you wanna use it for.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Blue Haven wasn't the lowest priced but I picked them because they were one of the biggest dealers and they had access to equipment and crews. Some of the other places were bogged down with some of the supply chain issues. My designer was Allan and he's an old guy like me. He was old school and does pencil and paper. But he's the one who had the vision for my pool. As soon as he said, “Why don't you do this and this and this?” That was exactly what I wanted to do. I had some tight constraints in my space in my yard and he drew up a plan and that was what we executed. I brought Sylvan out here and I showed their guy Allan’s drawing for him to understand what I was talking about. He did a 3D thing but that didn’t mean anything. I’m more of an engineering type so I’m fine with the hand drawings.

Overall, it was a good experience. The process started sometime around the 5th of June and the 23rd of December was when I put water in it. I got top-of-the-line everything. I really liked the OmniLogic control that they sold me. That’s working really well. I'm going to do my own pool maintenance because I'm able to do that. The project manager did a great job. He was a little young guy but he stayed right on top of everything. The concrete guys, the rebar guys, and the plumbing guys knew what they were doing and didn't mess around. They came in and did the job effectively and to high standards. I only had one issue on the corner. When they were doing the gunite, the form broke loose and came out. Half of my pool’s out of the ground and they had to chisel the wall back in order to get the stone on the face. That took them about an extra half a day and they fixed it.

I had the ozone unit that I bought and it came on but there was something wrong with it. It's a different product and it's a top-of-the-line unit. I called the factory and they said, “You need to put in a request to have it replaced. We'll send you a new one.” I told them that Blue Haven bought it. I talked to the control guy at Blue Haven and he said, "I’ll take your word for it.” They found out that I knew about as much as they did as far as electronics and controls. They ordered a new one and put it in. It works great.

That was one of the things I also heard about Blue Haven that they would come back and take care of problems. They also offered me a three-month pool service as part of the contract. They would get the water chemicals squared away and they've added all the chemicals. I got a salt pool and stabilized everything. It's given me a chance to work with the guy that comes out here every week and I've read all the books, bought the instrument, and the test kits so I'm ready to go.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We like the pool. We have a couple of things that we're still waiting on, like the light fixtures popped off. We were gonna try to put them back on but we've asked the supervisor to send someone out to fix that. But they've taken care of most of the issues. It took a while for them to come out and cut the foam that they put between the coping and the decking but we got it fixed.

Also, we had an issue with the pool vacuum. Initially, the robotic one was the one we were going to go with but I was cutting back costs and I said I'll buy one later. Then, once we filled up our pool, the pool pump wasn't working. Somebody came out and said they got to change the pump and they need to vacuum. I told them I don't have one and they recommended one of the pressure ones. The first and second techs said that and they kept boasting about this one pressure vacuum that the company sells. So I went ahead and purchased that one. But when the third technician came out here, I said that the cleaner is not cleaning anything. It looked just like it did before we turned it on and it had been on for hours. The tech said I was not piped for a pressure cleaner.

I called Blue Haven and said I'd return the vacuum and that I need to get the robotic one. I also told them they sold me a vacuum that doesn't work with my pool. I would have to spend thousands of dollars to get it piped. They said they'd talk to the higher ups and get back to me. They almost made it sound like they're doing me a favor. When the technician came out to give us the robotic vacuum, he said we're the second swap they were doing that week.

Also, the first technician was a no-show and then he got mad at me on the phone. Then, he showed up and he said he couldn't find his glasses and he had to wear his sister's. That's not my fault. There's a window of time that they told me he would show up and he didn't show up. And they don’t contact me the next day. That's not cool. I'm very patient but I was literally hanging out at my house because they said they were coming. Other than that, our guy was really good. He was always polite and respectful. Even with the issues, he really tried. Also, the third technician, Josh, responded when I texted him really late and told me exactly what to do when we were having a freeze and I didn't know what to do.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I love the pool. I would recommend others to call Blue Haven.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

We got a gunite pool with a paver patio around from Blue Haven. It was expensive, but compared to lower-quality products, I didn't feel like it was substantially more expensive. We saw a lot of negative complaints about Blue Haven like how they were delayed in schedule and core project management. We actually had a really good experience. They really stayed on track and on schedule. They communicated well and we're happy with the end product.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

My husband had an experience with the Blue Haven, Las Vegas so he chose them here as well in Louisiana. All options were available and we picked what was good for us. We’re happy with what we got. After they delivered the pool and they said set it up, they came and gave us a tutorial of how everything works. It was pretty easy. After that, we did some upgrades to our pool. We made it digital. Now, we have a Wi-Fi system so we can control everything from our phone. Everything was pretty grand. Blue Haven was really nice and we had a pleasurable experience. They told us what they can do and they did it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We went to talk to several different people and everybody wouldn't give us exactly what we wanted. But the rep at Blue Haven gave us what we wanted and more. He was wonderful. It just took a long time for the pool to be finished because of the stuff going around. Part of it was we had to go on a trip somewhere and they couldn't do anything while we were gone.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

When we decided to put a pool in, Blue Haven was the only one that was responsive to coming out and doing the work. They had gone through a management change in the middle of working through it. With the older management, we ran into some issues. But I talked to one of the major players in Blue Haven and he assured me that things were being worked out here in Fort Worth. The group that took over afterward was great.

We built this pol during COVID and during the time when you couldn't buy cars because you couldn't get chips. Any electrical equipment at the time was difficult to get ahold of. Blue Haven actually upgraded me on one thing so that we could keep moving forward. We love our pool and we try to be in it every chance we get. It's maybe a little bigger than we thought but it's wonderful.

Media