Call toll free
4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools & spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan—and in some locations, will present concepts with 3-D virtual reality software. Best of all, our exclusive state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before. In the last 20 years alone, offices across the country have successfully completed nearly 80,000 new pools!

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

386 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

September 2017 was the completion of the second pool from Blue Haven. I had a great experience at my previous house with Blue Haven. The same foreman Jorge and many of the same workers were on the project again. That was comforting but this experience has not been good from the start. Joe ** who designed and sold the pool missed several key things that I wanted on this pool that I didn't have on my other one such as autofill, umbrella holes in the patio. Jorge was great at resolving some of the issues and improving the layout of the pool. The gunite was a concern as it had large holes in it and was crumbling from the start. I was assured it was sound and that the workers were just sloppy.

By November 2017 the coping and flagstone was splitting from around the tile in the shallow end and the deck was turning white in many spots. Jorge had someone come out and patch the coping and repaint the deck in February. May 2018 the coping was split again around most of the pool and the deck around the filter was cracked right through the flagstone pieces. I will attach pictures. June 2018 the flagstone in the shallow end was taken off and redone. (To date the caulking has yet to be finished). Pictures and videos were sent to Jorge of the cracks and shifting of the filter. I was given the answer that it is all cosmetic because it was built on farmland. My two neighbors who also have Blue Haven pools have not had that issue. I was told that they would come and fix everything and repaint the deck for a second time the second week of July. No one came.

Jorge sent me an email July 12, 2018 stating that they would do the warranty work. July 23, 2018 the filter was leaking and Ab had to come out and fix it. July 24, 2018 I spoke with John ** at the San Antonio office and I received a text from Jorge that Sundek will be coming in the fall to fix the cracks and paint the discolorations and do the mastic. July 28, 2018 Jorge came and took pictures. September 15, 2018 I called John ** to check on the timeline for the repairs. He stated that they have another build in Uvalde so they will come and do the repairs. I emailed John ** pictures with descriptions at that time.

November 5, 2018 I sent another email to John ** to check the status and again there has not been any response. I am at a loss for what to do as the repairs are certainly not a priority. Seeing the quality of my last pool and seeing the quality of this pool it is so disheartening to think that I spent more money on this. I am hoping that someone will contact me and get this resolved as it does not seem to be a priority at the San Antonio office to even return calls or emails.

Get expert buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Blue Haven has good reviews and good customer service. We wanted to have a pool put in the house, and they were quick to get our pool done. They were also very thorough and easy to work with. The installation and construction of our pool took about three weeks and the reps had been right out any time we needed anything. Our pool is kidney-shaped and we have a tanning ledge. We vacuum it, clean out the filters, monitor the chlorine and do the typical pool cleaning. We love our new pool, overall.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We did a bunch of research and looked at several pool manufacturers within San Antonio and got bids from a few before we decided to go with Blue Haven. A big part of our decision was the Blue Haven salesperson that I was dealing with was forthright and honest about the information putting out in the difficulties that would be faced, and was completely upfront with the total pricing, and gave me some options as opposed to others who just didn't. It wasn't the best price that I could get for a pool, but all considered and the type of equipment that I got, it was the best deal I could get.

We got a modified kidney shape pool with a hot tub at one end and a waterfall that flows over into the pool. It's 33 x 17 x 6 1/2-foot deep. It's nice. I also have the Ozone. I don't have the remote yet but I have the variable speed pump. I also have the infrared and the 600-yard quad cartridge filter. We ran a little bit behind with the installation initially, trying to break through a rock. But they had to stand eight days straight with a jackhammer, much to my neighbors' despair, in order to make the pool deep enough to set the deep end of the pool. Apparently, there were 18 inches of soil, and the rest was solid bedrock.

We also had some rain intermittently. Getting the plumbers in and getting it all done in the right order was the difficult part with the weather at that time. But it was all done in the way they planned it. The whole project took about two months. Other than the electricity to run the pump, the maintenance is minimal. Blue Haven did a great job. We had a good experience with them. I would recommend them to anyone that asks me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We had a great experience with Blue Haven. We were moving to Florida and we wanted a pool. We had Gary come to our house and he was very helpful and he designed the pool with my husband together. Then he made us an offer and it looked good. And so, we decided to go with Blue Haven. Our pool is wavy all-around and it is almost like a figure eight. We have some accentuation on the steps, so we’ll see them better.

The installation went smoothly. The person who was in-charge of it came by every day to make sure everything was going the way it should be. The workers were very polite and kept the area clean. They came at the right time, too. They came in the morning and finished at 9:30 in the evenings. We were very satisfied with them. Our pool was completed in three and a half weeks, which was quick. We'll highly recommend Blue Haven. We had two friends who built pools with them already, and they had the same experience. So, if we would build a pool again, we would use Blue Haven again. They were very helpful. When we had questions, they answered them quickly.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We wanted to have a pool since we moved into our house 22 years ago. We interviewed four different companies and the numbers were similar across the board, but Dominick from Blue Haven Pools & Spas followed right up to me. He seemed super on the ball and responsive. We got a 50 x 18 ft rectangle pool that's 4 ft x 6 ft deep. It has three steps in a corner running diagonally, and one bench at the deep end underneath the water so a person has an exit strategy for the deep end if he wants, or just to sit on it inside the water. We also have an automatic cover for the pool. The process took six weeks and the installation was very much on schedule, except when we had a lot of rain. One of the contractors ended up in the hospital and couldn’t come as he was supposed to. He came a few days later and everybody did their job quickly. Dominick is excellent at what he does. I have recommended him and his company to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We got some small kids and we are in the phase of our lives where having a pool is what we wanna do in the summer down here in Florida. So, we did. Our pool designer from Blue Haven, Bill, met our expectations with the pool plan. Our pool has a great design. It has a rock waterfall and a spa. The installation was good. And from start to finish, the whole project took about four months. We did it this summer in Florida and it was a rainy summer, and there are a lot of days that we lost because of rain delays. Everything was great and I’m very happy and satisfied with our pool. I was in it all summer.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

When we went for our evaluation with Blue Haven, they displayed a good sales pitch so we went with them. They gave us a kidney design pool with a little foot level as well as a waterfall. However, we did not have a good installation experience as Blue Haven delayed and did not keep their word. The process took forever and I had a hole in my backyard for a month when nobody did anything.

Also, they pitched like we were going to have the Blue Haven Smart Features but then we went over the evaluation and it turned out that we weren't. They talked about how the pool was going to be automated and it would have an automatic fill-up feature but those did not happen. Moreover, we were paying for the extra according to them so if we wanted to put a heater in, we'd have room already on the pad. That wasn't there either. They spread everything out so we still have to pay somebody to do that. When I wasn't completely done being humiliated by them, we talked about getting a heater and they never got us a quote.

The subcontractors and the overall manager of the pool did pretty well. The same could be said of the people who did the decking. While I'm satisfied with the pool that was built, Blue Haven's customer support was horrible. Getting a hold of them or having them call back was hard. I really believe they strove to ignore me and hoped I would go away. Also, financing was fine but Blue Haven was charging us before the pool was built. After they took the pool in, the light went out and they never fixed that either. Once we signed the contract, they acted like they had me and that my happiness is secondary.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My wife worked or went to school with one of the general managers of Blue Haven. We knew it from him and had a lot of faith in that relationship. They had a good process and the people were nice and did what was right. Brandon, my designer, was knowledgeable and very upfront. I did my own financing on the pool but I didn't have any cost that came out of the blue. The construction team was very easy to deal with and if we had questions, they were more than willing to answer. They also picked up their things. I love the customization of the pool. We have the standard lighting, the tanning ledge and we were able to make the pool to whatever shape we wanted. We have the Smart Pure Ozone but I have to get used to it. It's my first year to go through with maintaining the pool for a long period of time and it takes some time to grasp how much chlorine is really needed. There is also the remote which is self-explanatory.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

We looked up Blue Haven and we did some pricing. We liked their price. We went to their designer's office and then talked with him about the design. Then, somebody came over to our house, took measurements, and we signed a contract. It was off to the races after that. We got a 16x30 sports pool, so it's shallow on both ends and it's deeper in the middle. I got the ultraviolet installed as well. They said if I wanted an app that I can control from my phone, it was gonna be an extra three grand. And I said, "Forget that."

The installation wasn't bad. However, they never mentioned that there was a potential to screw up my sprinkler system. They just said, "Hey, if we break a sprinkler, we're not responsible for it." I told them it was not a problem. But then when they were done with the pool, my sprinkler system didn't work on the front yard. The whole thing was gone. I think they severed some of the wires that go to the control box. When the landscaper guy from Blue Haven came, he said it was gonna cost me 1,700 bucks. I was kinda pissed off about that because I just paid for the pool, and they were telling me I gotta pay almost two grand to get it fixed. I ended up fixing it myself, which I wasn't too happy about. They've been doing this for a while. So, they know some of the things to look out for, and they didn't warn me. Also, the landscaper wasn't very good. He didn't put things back right and there were a couple of things that he didn't do very well.

The whole project was completed after a few months, which was fine because it was winter and it was raining. Inspectors had to come out. There were certain things they couldn't do like laying cement because of the rain. I really like my pool. It's great having it in the summertime. The only thing is the decking seems to have faded a little too quickly and there are some cracks. I called Blue Haven and they said, "Yeah, we're gonna take a look at it and come and fix it. Blah, blah, blah." They also explained that that happens with cement and with paint. So, I gotta call them back and have them come out and redo the deck. Overall, Blue Haven is good and I'm glad the project was over.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Blue Haven sold us a pool and the designer who we never heard from again wasn’t so good. The original design didn’t fit the space provided, but the project manager fixed it and he was really good. He did more designing than anybody. Our contractor thought the smart feature was good, and we’re happy with our pool. We have a small space, so the current design is good because we got a big pool for a small space.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

A guy from Blue Haven came and took measurements. We gave him some general information, and he already had a scanned copy our property’s survey then he came and met with us, and he already had an idea of what he thought would give us the biggest pool for our yard’s size. He explained it to us, and walked through the yard with us, and told us where everything would be. With the computer that they had, we were able to really see what it was gonna look like when it was finished including all the stonework and decking. After we okayed the plans for everything and agreed on a price, construction started three weeks later. We paid half down and they hooked us up with someone that was able to walk us through financing the other half.

Peter, the foreman, kept me informed on what’s happening. He came and marked the project off, then a few days later, came back and dug the hole, which took longer than one full day. Then we got a lot of rain for a week. They came once it dried up a little bit and pumped out whatever remaining water was in the hole. Then they went ahead and did all the rebar work in it, and then sprayed the gunite which had to cure for seven days. Once that was finished, they came and started doing the plaster, then they did the tile work which went on for three days. They then did the stonework around the edge and the decking. The whole thing took 27 days to be 100% complete.

We can program the pool’s pump to run on high during the day and low at night, also program the lights to turn on when it’s dark and off when the sun comes up. We also ended up getting a robot that cleans the pool, and I will never be without one because I don’t wanna do it. Also, we were surprised because we didn’t realize how big and deep it was actually gonna be once it was sitting in the ground. So, it was better than what we originally had imagined.

Considering that they extended my patio and the pool, the price I paid for it wasn’t bad. I have a second patio now and a sidewalk completely around. Other places just wanted to drop a pool in the ground with no patio and it was $2,000 more than what I paid for this one (including the robot). So, for the value, I don’t think you could really do any better. They were great, I’ve told other people about them and I’d use them again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This is not something I usually do. However this incident is being reported all the way up 4 months ago or so. My husband and I received a quote, we signed a contract and scheduled to have everything start by November. We needed to get some financial in place and the salesman agreed to work with us. Contract was signed and all was good. We reached out to Blue Haven Pools two weeks ago. The salesman is no longer with the company and so another salesman came through to “finalize” things. We were told most of what was promised would be worked on and some other things needed to be discussed with the owner.

The owner was to stop by and review the property etc. We get an email today stating they “can’t” get their equipment through and they are voiding the contract. Just like that. The owner, never walked the property. Nothing was discussed. Of course we are taking this to our lawyers. Glad to see other have had a good experience. We didn’t get the same. It’s a shame.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas response

We are sorry to hear about your experience with this Florida office, and we spoke to the local team about it. Our understanding is that the sales manager did meet with you at your home to review the project, and at that time he expressed his serious reservations about the access and that Mike (who has decades of pool construction experience) would check it out. Mike did visit the property when you were not home, but the local team failed to inform you. So we can certainly understand your assumption that he did not visit and why you would be upset about this; anyone would be! We also understand that communicating the contract cancellation via email was wrong--no question about it. They mishandled delivering the bad news and should have called to explain the issues. This office has a long, overwhelmingly positive track record with clients, and they have definitely taken your feedback to heart; of course, we recognize that this does not change your bad experience, but Mike will be personally calling to apologize to you for letting you down on the communication front.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Blue Haven reps were great. They came out and looked at the backyard, then we discussed the shape of the pool. They sketched it out for me, we changed a few things, they came out and once the land was cleared, they spray painted it on the ground, dug it out, and went from there. We paid upfront. They said, the construction would take four weeks or a little over four but it took just shy of five weeks. They spray painted the design on the ground, dug it out, tested it for a minute to see if water was gonna fill up from the bottom.

They built the sides up from around there, did a rebarred frame, then the gunite. And then, they added the jets and finally, the water. We also have colored lighting that I can change with a remote that we got extra, a tanning ledge that was built into the pool, a fountain jet type thing on the tanning ledge and a hole for an umbrella. The construction team was fantastic. The project manager was great. He responded to text really quickly or called if I needed anything. The team themselves were also friendly if I had any questions. Blue Haven is easy to maintain. It's great and I would recommend them to a neighbor.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I googled pool companies and talked to several. Blue Haven seem like the best one for the right amount of money. I did a lot of research so I told them what I wanted and I asked them how it works. Chris, the salesperson, came out and gave us a rundown. He did a bit of a sales pitch as to why Blue Haven is better than others. He answered my questions as far as using the pebble texture versus the plaster and other things like that. The process was painless. I ended up going with a basic pool and got it for about what I wanted to pay. I drew out the pool that what I wanted and I ended up cutting some corners of my deck to save a couple of bucks. I paid for the pool in installments.

I just went with the most basic design - a rectangle, deep in the middle, shallow on the ends, a hot tub that’s level with the ground, centered on the corner of the pool. And, it’s salt water. The construction was quicker than they estimated it. They came in, had a ninja with a bobcat and cut the whole hole without overcutting anything. It was done in a day and they came out and re-barred it. Then they shot it and let it cure a little while. And then, they came out and run the plumbing and the electrical. The whole process was painless and it exceeded my expectations.

We were hoping to have it ready for my oldest daughter’s birthday. They broke ground early March and they finished right around the end of March or early April. And then it sat there running with water, curing and getting right of the breaking in period for a month before her birthday. So, it all timed up well. They did everything well. However, their electrical contractor wasn’t as good as the rest of their contractors but they remedied the situation. They ended up installing a panel on the far side of my equipment making it hard to get to. In order to fix that, they gave me a little touch panel to control it. So, no harm, no foul.

Jacob, their construction manager was very accommodating. However, there was some miscommunication between me and the design team, and the construction team as far as where the hot tub was. I watched them and I said, “Hey, you need to move that about a foot this way.” And they did it. I had them do a brick coping because it was cheaper than doing bullnose concrete. And then, I had two and a half feet of deck. It all looks like one piece of deck. They were gonna short me about a half foot of deck but I noticed it and they had no issues with it. They were very professional.

I’d recommend Blue Haven and I’d insist that they request Jacob as their construction manager. Out of everybody I worked with, he was my favorite. The sales guy was accommodating but after he sells the pool and it went to construction, he was hands off. But the construction manager was very upfront and helped out when he could.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have some friends in the construction business and one of them recommended Blue Haven because they were always on time and they would get the projects done either on time or ahead of time. He said Blue Haven isn't the cheapest in town, but that if I want any projects done in time, Blue Haven is a better company to go with. And that was what we experienced. Blue Haven reps came over and showed me what possible designs they had and what they have done in the past. Based on the square feet of my backyard, they showed me what options would work with my style of home and we landed on a design.

The design consultant was a really nice guy. But when it came down to selecting the fixtures like the tiles and colors, they left it completely up to me. I understand that but they could have given me some guidance as to what they typically see with what customers pick or what makes a pool look refreshing or the kind of combination people will go with if they want more of a darker looking pool. I had to pry that information out of the designer to the point where I had to tell him that I’m not in the pool business. I don’t know what works or what’s customary and what's the best combination in terms of color of the pool with the color of the side tiles. I needed a pool built and whatever color combinations they think work and don't work well, I wanna know.

The financing team told us what they are accustomed to doing and how they set up. We found a better financing option outside of Blue Haven and the other company that we went with for financing changed their policy to fit Blue Haven a little bit better. But Blue Haven helped arrange approval and they took care of all of it.

Also, the contractors that they hired to do the excavation were pretty quick. But they showed up ahead of schedule and we weren't prepared to receive them. All the paperwork with the association was fine and they knew they were coming, though. We just didn’t know the particular day they showed up and Blue Haven didn’t know either. I know the construction game is kind of crazy, but we’re paying a lot of money and we have to arrange our personal schedule to let guys come in and do their thing. Blue Haven could have better control of updating and letting us know who was coming when and who needed permission to get in our gate. The guys would just show up and I would have to ask what was going on. It was a little bit challenging on that side.

Coming on to the end when it was time for inspection, that was when we got an idea. We were told the inspector was gonna come and what he was gonna do and what he looks for. The guy that did that with us was pretty good. I just wish he was confident telling us that each step along the way. It might have been a hassle on their part or more energy for them on their side but it would have made a world of a difference for us being the homeowner knowing what was coming next. But in terms of coordinating the progress of it, Blue Haven did a pretty good job. After the excavators, the rebar guys came in and did their thing quickly and then, the concrete guys blasted all around and did their testing. I was really pleased with the coordination of who came one after the other. There was never a mix-up.

We had a hurricane came through in the middle of our construction but Blue Haven got the project done. It was delayed by a couple of days with getting the contractors to get the equipment back out on site. But we didn’t sweat it at all and it wasn't much compared to what I've heard other people experience when a storm comes through. When I shared that experience with a couple other friends, they were shocked because everybody else in construction felt significant delays. I was pretty impressed that Blue Haven was all ready to get back on site and continue and keeping the project going as quickly as possible. The construction process took 9 weeks and everything was according to schedule. And the pool absolutely met our expectations. It's a custom, freeform design which is a hybrid of a bean shape but not a complete bean shape. Also, we added the LED colored light and the heater.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I sat down with someone from Blue Pool and told him how big I wanted the pool. We discussed some ideas and he moved the stairs around the way I wanted them so having the pool designed was easy and simple. We could have actually build the pool in two weeks. But we had to wait for the licensing and the permit process. It took too long. I signed the contract in October and they told me it was three months to get the pool be the done. It wasn’t done until March. But that was the only downside of the whole thing because once they did the work, it was quick. I have a semi-circle ozone pool that has a shelf with a bubbler on it. It makes a nice sound. It’s beautiful. I was happy with the construction and quality of the work. Blue Haven was easy to work with. They listen to you and they're responsive. When you have an issue, they’ll come out and fix something.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Blue Haven's design process was well. They got a great sales person that had the ability to draft the design up electronically. John, the design consultant was fantastic. Construction with them was fair which took six weeks. The tile and coping took the longest to finish but everything else was smooth. We had a standard 15 by 30 rectangle pool done and a hot tub. Just clean and simple. For the most part, my experience has been pleasant. They just need to focus on the education of how to maintain the pool, how to keep it pretty and clean and not destroy the plaster. That would be important because we've already ruined our plaster in the first year only. Nonetheless, I'd definitely recommend Blue Haven Pools & Spas.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The guy we dealt with from Blue Haven, Dominic, was great. I was hesitant to use a national franchise pool company but I knew someone else that was using him and it worked out for them. It also worked out for me. I bought a new house. When I sell my house, I will use him again for another pool. Once we got the permit, some guy from New Jersey came with a big truck. He laid the construction materials on the driveway, dug out the entire pool in one day and put up like a wood frame around it. A few days later some guy came back and did all the steel. The plumber came next and the pool was done in eight weeks. Everything was very smooth.

I have a rectangular pool with an automatic cover. It has a hot tub spa in the front where you walk in and steps on the half of the pool to go in and then there’s a hot tub on the other half. I have a salt generator and we have those lights that change colors that I can control it from my phone. When you look online, the reviews for Blue Haven as a whole, suck, at least in the south, like Texas and those states. But this guy, Dominic, has been in the pool business for his whole life and has been in Blue Haven for like 15 years and it has been great. So maybe it’s franchise issue that people have issues with Blue Haven. I didn’t have one problem with anybody or with corporate in Pennsylvania. Everything was perfect. I don’t think I could have gotten a better pool experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Many staff changes. Construction was delayed numerous times for various inexcusable reasons. Pool design was different than final construction, with no given explanation, apology, or plan to correct it. The hired contractors did a poor quality job in many areas, including leaving grout and concrete splattered. The paver company sent two different batches of colors, and both were laid down. Many punch list items are not being taken care of in a timely manner after construction. Many of these items would not have happened, if a foreman had been at the job site overseeing the project, as promised at the first visit.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The design process with Blue Haven was really good. The reps at the office got things scheduled and everything was really good. They helped arrange a pool loan for me. We didn't financed very much of the pool and covered a lot of it with our cash but that's been fine. The process was quick and we were able to get the ball rolling, getting everything paid off. We really like to get that loan paid off quickly. The interest rate isn't very favorable, but it's the way we had to go at the moment, so it worked.

There were countless of people coming back in our backyard in various stages of our pool construction and everybody was friendly and scheduling was on-point. We started with the construction before the big storm Harvey and finished it up a month after Harvey. We were at the gunite stage when the storm hit but everything went well. Jacob, the project manager, did a phenomenal job of keeping me in the loop with scheduling, walking me through all the process as it was happening and addressed any and all concerns. My experience couldn't have been any better and Jacob had a lot to do with that. He was really great to work with.

We have one water feature coming up the hot tub and into the pool. It was a pretty design and it works in our backyard. I also have one smart feature wherein it runs the pool on my phone. However, I've changed internet provider and I had trouble setting that up so I haven't messed with that again, but everything's electronic through the board and we have a hand-held Hayward unit and it all seems to be working fine. If a really good friend or a family member would ask me about Blue Haven, I would be real honest with them on what they need to know to possibly get a better job done.

I've had the pool for about a year now and it has been a daily thing to take care of. And it cost a lot more every month to take care of it and it requires a lot of time which is a lot more than I ever expected. I don't regret putting the pool back there, but you gotta realize you're calling somebody after their first year of reality. Nevertheless, it was a good experience. I'd recommend Blue Haven as a pool company, but you'd get what you paid for. The price was good compared to other folks but I wonder sometimes if the quality suffered a bit because of it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Our pool is now finished and took less than a month to complete. It was a gunite pool and with a fountain and tanning ledge. What an awesome job and experience it was. I want to personally thank Darryl, the lead construction superintendent, for a job well done. Darryl answered every text, call and email immediately. That is unheard of in today's world. It all started with Amie who drew the design for us, and Darryl who carried it out in great fashion.

Their prices are unbelievable for a gunite pool with stone coving, pavers for decking and beautiful tile work to top it off. What was unbelievable to us were how they always responded immediately to keep us informed of what was being done next. They finished the pool in 3 1/2 weeks, we were lucky the weather was really great so that helped. I would definitely recommend Blue Haven Pools to anyone interested in putting a pool. You will not be sorry you did. Hats off go everyone at Blue Haven Pools for a job well done!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I desired to have a pool built in a new home that we purchased and I went through the local area looking for people that build pools and do estimates. I had about eight of them show up and they gave me quotes. Then I met Gary, the guy from Blue Haven and right away, I pretty much decided he was gonna be the guy based on how he presented himself. I had other people do graphics and he did just scale basic. We live on a severe inclined hill and all our properties slant downhill at quite a pitch. We had two options and one of them was to put the pool down near the middle of the property where it was less severe and the other was to put it where an existing large deckhead was attached to the house. He gave me quotes for both and we went with the one that was closest to the house.

While I was talking to Gary, I could tell that he builds pools and has for a long time. He came out of Texas originally as far as building pools and it was easy to relate to a man you knew you were getting the straight scoop on everything. It was the same way through the whole experience, too. He was very upfront, very easy to get along with, and he did what he said he was gonna do, which in this portion of Alabama where I live is a rare stone. He's not a salesman and he gives you a quote and he stood by the quote even though they ran into some difficulties down the road. Nothing that was extensive, though, and it was just that you never know what you're gonna do until you start digging in some places. So, he was fabulous.

I paid Blue Haven in cash for the pool and it was laid out by contract that the payments would be made in quarters based on where things were at a particular point in time. Gary stayed right in the contract as far as when things were due and not until such work was completed. Then, the first part of the construction process was getting it scheduled. Like everybody else, Blue Haven depended on other parties to do things and it was related to weather conditions as well. We signed a contract in May and even if we agreed on when the work would start, they started later than they indicated. But there were reasons for it and it never was a problem. Gary gave us a rough five to eight weeks and the actual time they began the work was within what I consider reasonable timing.

Our pool is a regular one that is 6-feet deep and is approximately 30 x 15. They estimated it to be around 12,000 gallons based on where we hand the chemicals and it has stone coping that they cut here. It also has a swim-out and stairs in one end. Other than that, we didn't go for anything fancy. It's all Haywood stuff through Blue Haven but we looked at saltwater versus fresh water and Gary moved us right into where we needed to be focused which was the pool that we got which has fresh water. A salesman would have talked you into whatever he thought you were after. But Gary was not like that. He's also available to us at all times and he was even here last week. When there's a problem, he's the one we talk to.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We are very happy with our pool. It’s the first ground pool we’ve ever had and it has been with us for almost a year. The pool has some of the smart features. Blue Haven has always been good and attentive when they're coming out. I met a superintendent who was very knowledgeable and there was also Barry who kept the job going really good when the pool was installed. We have referred our neighbor to Blue Haven and he is getting a pool put in as well.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Some of the coping on my pool popped off. I called Blue Haven to ask them what to do exactly since I'm gonna fix the issue myself as my warranty has expired. But Blue Haven took care of the issue quickly. They sent people out to fix the issue for free. A couple of Mexican guys showed up and they didn't speak much English but we understood each other well. I was just a little concerned because we had been tending storms and it started raining when they were covering their work up and working at the same time. Other than that, I would recommend Blue Haven. They're fast and they do a good job.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Blue Haven came out because the pool pump had broken and we have had it for less than a year. We told them that it was broken because of the timer. It wasn’t turning on and off anymore. But the person who came out the first time looked at the timer but didn’t pay attention to what time and day it was. He said that we didn't have the timer correct and he didn’t fix it. So we had to call them back and tell them that they just weren’t paying attention and didn’t actually look at it properly. It was more of an annoyance that they came out like that. You'd think they would have paid attention to it. But once we called them back, they did come out a second time and got the issue taken care of quickly. They realized it was broken and replaced it. But they were great with the pool installation when they put it in a year ago and I've recommended them to a couple of people.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The pump went out and the service guy who came out did a great job. He did safety stuff, making sure the electricity was off before he was working, and got right to it. He didn’t waste time and he diagnosed where the problem was. It was a loose wiring which he fixed and took care of for me. It was weird that a wiring would come loose but I guess there was vibration and it did.

I've had the pool for about a year now and I've been recommending Blue Haven to folks. We opted to go for the cement pool and they did a great job. When they were building it, I was worried because they brought in a bunch of different specialty people. I thought maybe it would be the same crew who comes and builds the pool but there was a bunch of different people who came. But every single one of them knew what they were doing and got on it. And Manny, the owner of Blue Haven here in Kansas City, was very good.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Blue Haven was real easy to work with and Jamie was a big part of that. He's really good at what he does and has a lot of good ideas. We had an idea then we worked with him. He drew it for us, put his perspective on it and told us things to do or avoid. Working with him was probably the best part of the whole process. The design was a lot of fun. But aside from that, their fees and the contract were also really transparent and thorough. I didn’t feel like there was anything we didn’t know about. That made us really comfortable with the whole thing. With some of the other contractors that we talked to, the cost and certain pieces of it weren't as clear as they made it.

The construction was really quick too. 47 days after groundbreaking, we were putting water in the pool. They had the perfect weather and we were also in a good location. We weren’t too far from their main offices so it was really fast. They broke our sprinkler lines in the front of the house a few times but that was just a part of construction and they ultimately got those fixed.

We love the pool. It's exactly what we had in mind. We've got the LED lights in the hot tub and in the pool. We've got the Hayward system so we have the app on our phone to control everything. We also have a waterfall off of the hot tub. It still got pretty hot but it helps in cooling it down a little. We also did a really dark plaster finish that we like a lot.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Everything went smooth in the design process with Blue Haven for the whole pool. The construction process took about two months. They put in a waterfall and it had a leak, which they came out and fixed. And then we've had the decking cracked but they've said that it's not under warranty so I just cleared up those things. By now, I've already sold three Blue Haven pools.

Original review: July 22, 2018

We really liked the process of designing our pool with David and things also went real well in the construction process. The people from Blue Haven were upfront in saying that they had to take down the fence, that we had to design the path and do a tree removal, and that the dirt had to go. They were clear about all that stuff. The construction was done in the winter so it took a long time but the weather wasn't that big a problem. We just had to figure out how we were gonna take care of our dogs while the gate was open.

Some of the warranty items could have been more clear though. But it could be that there was an overload and we missed it. I've read more things that I wasn't planning on reading beforehand and it turned out that some of the warranty items were covered for the first year and it just barely lapsed. Nonetheless, we had a great experience with Blue Haven and we now have a beautiful pool. We have colored lights and my favorites are the bubblers and the waterfall.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I got a brand new pool from Blue Haven. The salesman/designer, Dominick, was a phenomenal guy. He lived locally and was very responsive to my needs. From the initial sales call, up to the final commissioning, I had no issues whatsoever. Though there were a few hiccups along the way, Blue Haven addressed them, did everything they promised and stayed within budget. In addition, the design has exceeded my expectations.

The construction team they used was fine. They obviously used an experienced team of subcontractors in the past because they all worked very well together. They all collaborated exactly as you would expect an in-house team to do. Even though we had a sub out getting dirt brought into the yard which was not in my scope, Dominick was able to facilitate that through his network of people. We had no issues at all. We had a Jacuzzi installed as well as water jets that squirt up in the air. Additionally, we have a hand-held remote that controls everything. It controls the lighting, the water, the Jacuzzi, the heater, the whole shebang. It does it. We got all sorts of crazy stuff done and everything was done perfectly. I've already referred Blue Haven to 30 of my friends. I highly recommend them.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.

• Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.

• Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.

• Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.

• Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.

• Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs