4.61/5
Based on 163 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Blue Haven Pools offer inground custom designs to meet your design & budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and will illustrate your backyard dream with 3D virtual reality software. Best of all, our state-of-the-art SmartFeatures™ make pool ownership easier & more economical than ever before.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

310 Blue Haven Pools & Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

When I called Blue Haven, somebody came out immediately within the week. It was through the weekend and he looked at the site where we wanted to have our pool done. He suggested a slightly different option which turned out to be much better. Then he explained what our different options were in terms of our budget, how big the pool was to be, and what would be the better possibilities for us given the parameters. That agent spent the better part of the afternoon with us. He was as thorough as he could be. The dates were set to start construction and how long it was going to take, but unfortunately, it started to rain. The pool was dug and we had to wait until the rain stopped eventually a few months later. Then they brought the different teams that were to take care of different parts of the construction.

The teams that they brought were friendly, very efficient, and professional. We appreciated that until the very end where we had to put the cover and the tiles. The only thing was there was a bit of a delay and that was after the rain. The pool was almost ready to be completed. The person in the office did not plan enough time to get the necessary materials for the next stage. The delay could have been avoided if the person had ordered the tiles or whatever was necessary on time. But all in all, I would give them a good A.

We started in September and the entire project lasted a few months. They did a rectangular shaped pool with a cover. We have a little fountain on the side of it. They also took care of the decking. We needed a little retaining wall and that was an addition to the pool because of the location, but that was not part of the cost. We are using the ozone feature and we are very happy with that. It was delightful to deal with Blue Haven. They were available to speak to, to come as needed, and to take care of whatever question my husband or I had. They were very responsive and I would recommend their services.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Blue Haven did my whole pool and it was awesome. I got quotes from other people. Some were higher and some were significantly lower. But the other companies couldn’t even show up to give me a quote. I ended up going with Blue Haven. They came right out. They gave me a quote which wasn’t the most expensive or the least expensive, but they jumped on it.

One of the other companies didn’t take measurements when they came out. The rep said they were going to send me a PDF that had all these pretty pictures of what my pool was going to look like. I was sitting there thinking, “Well, you didn’t even measure my yard.” But Blue Haven came out and they measured my yard, and then sat down. They had these little pool chips with different designs. I chose a design and then we just modified that design a bit. They had the measurements and I was really happy about that. They also made suggestions based on what I wanted. They told me what was doable and what wasn’t.

I had a really tight corner that they had to come around to do the digging so some of my brickwork was broken. They came out and fixed it. It was no big deal and they took care of everything. They even did us a favor. We wanted little extra concrete and we paid for the extra cost. I kept adding stuff at the last minute, and they were cool with that too. I stayed in constant contact with Blue Haven. If we had questions, we questioned it while the work was being done. I had an issue with their in-house company that they used to do my coping and tile. Their guy was really crappy and they got rid of him. I sent them pictures of an issue that I had and they sent somebody else out and fixed it.

From beginning to end, the process was 10 weeks. It would have been sooner, but my heater was late getting in. The pool was done in eight weeks. When they came and set the heater, I had to wait for them to come back again. Nevertheless, they finished the pool pretty fast. We got two weeks of swimming and then the weather changed. I'm looking forward to it warming back up. The pool is 16 x 28 and kind of hand-drawn. It's got a step where I can put two chairs and umbrellas in my pool and sit. I upgraded to a pebble finish and I'm just loving it. It's really beautiful. The light that they installed does about 600 different colors. It can also do a light show, which is nice. I got a little automatic vacuum cleaner which keeps the pool clean until the pool man comes on Mondays.

One company told me it was $50,000 for a basic pool. They were talking about the old kind of plaster with no upgrade. I got a whole bunch of upgrades for a little less than $50,000. I've read some reviews about Blue Haven that were not good, but it was not my experience. Everybody was wonderful, even to the point when it was time to pick out my tiles. Any issues or concerns I had, they came out, and they either handled it immediately or they explained what I may have missed. It was just really extremely good communication with them. I've recommended Blue Haven to a friend. He was trying to go the cheap route and I told him, the least expensive is not always the best way to go.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I went to the Blue Haven showroom and talked about what I was looking for. Then we talked about the measurements. They came out and measured the yard. The rep sat down and mapped it out in what style we were looking for: the depth, aesthetics, and how it aligned with the budget. We creatively designed the pool and I knew what I wanted visually. We built the pool about a year ago in springtime, so there were weather delays and different crews. They educated us along the way. Peter took over the lead on the construction, and he was informative. We were well-informed from the excavation process to laying the cement and the granite to the rebar.

Our pool is rectangular in shape. It's got a spa and some lighting. Maintenance takes work and it takes consistency, but it's not impossible. It's like taking care of the yard. The process with Blue Haven was pretty straightforward. We had somewhat of an idea what we were getting into, and it's about what we expected. However, I would've preferred if it had been done a little sooner, and some of the folks could have been a little tighter and proactive with communication.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was impressed with Blue Haven. I wanted a pool and I got a lot of people who came out. But, Blue Haven's rep was the only one who drew it on paper. I had other companies that would do a computer model but they asked a lot less questions. The rep from Blue Haven did a really bang up job and was able to cut cost with us on everything. Also, he told us what we didn't want and what we did want, and that helped a lot. They knew what people want or wind up being happy with.

However, Blue Haven said that they would not make a very big footprint when they construct the pool but the rep constructing the pool said that they need to start telling people that they'll rip up the whole yard when they get out here. Even in areas that they weren't working on, dirt, debris and construction stuff wound up destroying that area. Also, I did not get the waterfall I had ordered. They had to special order it and it was going to cost them a whole bunch more money and they were going to have to jackhammer portions of the pool. They didn’t complain about it at all though. The only thing I was a little bit disappointed in was I ordered a sprinkler type and I got a single wave type, but it's not that big of a deal. Also, I wished that there were more decking options.

Other than that, it went great and we wound up very happy. It's a beautiful pool. They told me exactly what was going to happen and overestimated the time frame it was going to take. They estimated eight weeks and it was done in six weeks. They came out and did exactly what they said they were going to do. The design of the pool is like a kidney bean with an extra bubble or three circles put together. It is partially exposed out of the ground which is really cool-looking on the backside where the property slopes. They also did a beautiful job with the flagstone coping which is a darker shade of what the patio is.

I wanted to go a lot deeper but they talked me out of it which was a great decision. They said that if I have a 38 foot long pool and I go from 3 ½ to 8 foot, it'll be a terrible area and I'll hate it. We went with a 6 foot which I argued. They said that they'd do whatever I wanted but it was going to be ridiculous because it would just drop off so we just went with a shower pool. They never told me no on anything but they would push back hard on ideas that I had and they'd say that they'd do what I wanted but that would not make sense.

The impression I got when I signed up with the rep who helped design it was that this is a turnkey pool. Since having the pool built, I have found out that I have to put muriatic acid in the cement to reverse leaching which is causing the pool to have a high pH. One of the workers said that they just water wash it but the rep doing the acid washing said that he was putting about four gallons, which is another $30 a month, of acid to keep the pH down. If the pH gets too high for too long, it will start eating the plaster. I'm having to put a ton of effort into keeping the pH under control. I was a little upset with them at first because they said that they're were going to give me a balanced pool. Finally, the owner came out which I considered to be way too much in trying to make me happy.

I washed my hands off that realizing that I have to fight this battle on my own. There's never a time that I tested the pool and the pH is not out of range. I have to do it weekly and about a gallon every week or two in smaller doses throughout the week. I'm sweeping off that calcium that's leaching out from neutralizing it all the time. I wish they had explained that to me better. They told me the basics of what I kind of figured like I got to add salt, I got to replace the chlorinator every five years and I got to clean the filters every year. But, this pH problem that I've had has been a barrier and it has been expensive.

Nevertheless, the plumbing and design were top notch. They did things that we didn’t ask for like one of those little tanning ledges. They also put little pipe stands in there so we could put umbrellas. They knew that people like that and they went ahead and did it. At one point, the tiles that go vertical right under the coping of the water line were put in. My wife came home and said that it looked retarded and that they need to go vertical. The boss came out and said, “She wants them different. Pull them all off”, so they redid that. That was about three-quarters of a day worth of work and they didn’t bat an eye about it. They pulled them off and fixed it. They treated it like it was $50,000 job. Blue Haven did a really good job and they'd be the first people I'm going to be calling again. They were also on top regarding professionalism and craftsmanship. They were very competitive on the price as well.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We got a new pool for a new house and we turned to Blue Haven considering their reputation. When we went to their store, we listened to what their design consultant had to say and we were impressed. Then they came out and they showed us exactly what it was going to look like when it was finished. They also laid out the timeline and the cost. We availed of the remote system and heating. The remote controls the heat and the light with the spa in addition to the pool. The manager was very responsive and was on top of everything. He was also good at following up on any additional questions I had. The installation went smoothly and quick. It was on time according to the schedule that they gave me and they did a really nice job on it. After the pool was installed, the other guys came out for training. I'd highly recommend Blue Haven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I went to Blue Haven shop and they walked me through. They asked me questions, “What are you looking for?” They kind of sketch something up and then made some changes to it. And then I picked out my materials and what I liked and we talked about pricing and options. That's how the design process went. It might not be a custom pool but it felt like a custom process.

The contruction process went smooth. We have a small backyard and we were able to make sure that we had room to swim around and have fun and left the back space open so we could put plants within the enclosure. We love the new pavers. Everything about it is great. We’re pretty happy with it. But I did not like the screen enclosure company that was outsourced. They felt sneaky and tried to get away without permit. But the screen company was the only thing that I had a hard time with the whole time and Blue Haven straightened it out with them. Everything got resolved and got done in a timely manner. Blue Haven gave a great product, met all of my expectations and made sure we were satisfied with everything.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We went to the design venture, met with one of the Blue Haven sales reps and he showed us the different options we had. He gave me a price point and after that, they came out and got the scope of the yard to make sure they accommodated what I wanted. They outlined, drew it to get a feel for the yard space and literally within the next week or two they were digging. Getting a pool is like building a house. They show the bells and whistles and after you see that, that’s what you want. I didn’t have a lot of yard and it was a Greek warrior design that they custom-drew which has curves and edges.

We got a lot of the smart features such as the light, the upgraded remote control and the heater. We got all the bells and whistles on it and they sent someone out to give us the tutorial which helped us out greatly. It was worth every dime upgrading to the smart features. Overall, we were pleased with what we spent. It was more than what we wanted to but we were pleased with the outcome. During construction, Blue Haven did all the permits and walked us through everything. We had rain delays so taking that into consideration, they were done in about seven to eight weeks. It was a smooth process and we referred two other neighbors and one had already started building. It was a great experience and we highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I'm a sub and I've built pool enclosures for Blue Haven. I've worked with a lot of pool companies in town and I could have had anybody build my pool, but I chose Blue Haven since their scheduling is awesome and they build pools in a really timely manner. Joe was one of their sales consultants and we went around the backyard. We got to design the pool and put it together on 3D like a CAD and went from there. Joe was amazing. He was very informative and helped us through the whole process. He gave us the dos and don'ts and what we really wanted and how we were going to put everything. It couldn't have been a smoother process. From start to finish, it didn't take too long.

We got their pool this past summer. It has the lighting, a spa and all kinds of stuff. I also got something in my pool that I didn't know I had. We call it a smart pool and it automatically comes on and circulates the water through the thing so pipes don't freeze. The spa comes on in the middle of the night when the temperature gets to certain temperature and starts coming on. I'd definitely recommend anybody who wants to get a pool to use Blue Haven. I referred several friends to them and I know that several people have gotten pools from them already.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I called Blue Haven and they sent out a guy to survey the outlay of the land and to design the pool. He was good, professional, knowledgeable and precise. He came inside with a laptop and it went over fine. Blue Haven had it all planned. They projected the pool into the backyard and what it would look like up against the house. It also went on with the plumbing, the jets and all the different add-ons I could get like a diving board. And everything went exactly how the guy had it projected on his laptop. Blue Haven also helped in arranging a pool loan for me. They have a lady that goes through the different financial options in different companies. I was turned down by the first one. But she was quick to get me another one and really made it easy. She had a list of different financial agencies and everything went great.

I went with a rectangular pool. But instead of salt water, we did that new thing called smart UV which uses less chlorine. With the usage of it, it kills most of the bacteria on contact. It gets injected right into the system and the chlorine uses it to spray down. In the summer, I only rent it about four hours versus 24 hours. I also got the smart filter and the control board.

The contractor came out and went over exactly where I wanted the edge and wanted to do the other placement and marked it off. Then they came out three days later and started the digging process. The whole construction process lasted for two months. We had several rainy weeks in there and they preferred it getting rained on a few times with packing the dirt around it. We had the machine to pack the dirt with and they backfilled that once again and let it get rained on once again before they poured the concrete around it. Some companies wouldn't pack it and once they laid the concrete, after about a year, the concrete would start to crack.

The construction team was great. I got the cellphone number of one of them and if I had any questions, I could call him. And if he didn’t answer, he'd call me right back within 10 to 15 minutes. I'm 100% satisfied and I'd totally recommend Blue Haven tenfold. I have a cousin who used Blue Haven also. Their chlorine consumption has been way low too and haven't had any issues with their pool.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Blue Haven came over to my house and measured the area. Then they showed on the computer how it was going to look and suggested the best design that will give me more proof for my money. The construction went fine and everything was one time. They always called and let me know one day in advance before they showed up. I also had decking and lighting installed. The whole project took eight weeks. I had a really good experience. However, before they installed the LED lighting, I asked them what the cost to get a different color LED light would be and it took three weeks before I had a response. I was thinking of getting multi-color LED lights, but by the time I got a response, they had already installed the one that we had arranged so I just left it like that.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had Blue Haven build our pool and we had a good experience. We had their designer come out and he looked at our backyard, talked with us, listened to what we wanted and drew it out for us. He was very knowledgeable and had answers to the questions we had. We ended up having a lagoon-style pool with a tanning ledge and a seating ledge. It also has two bubblers, an umbrella holder and a water feature that stacks down with the waterfall. Daryl, who was our supervisor foreman, managed the construction. Without him and his expertise and professionalism, it would not have gone as fabulously as it did. Anything I called and asked about, he was there. He would email me or text me each time the guys would come out since we had two dogs and I needed to know exactly when they were going to be arriving.

There were several construction teams such diggers, plasterers, tilers, and pavers and everybody were great, except for the pavers. Darryl came out immediately and fixed the issue and told us that they would not be using those guys again because they were not good. The whole process took six weeks but it wasn't a problem since they told me that it was going to take that long. I love the whole pool. It's beautiful and exactly what we envisioned. I was very pleased with everything about the whole process and I would not choose any other provider.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

For a year and a half, we were dealing with pool companies and trying to figure out what we were doing. We also interviewed a ton of them, and Blue Haven's rep, Pat, was very knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable. The construction process was pretty smooth. We were building a garage and cabana so, that was kind of a hold-up, then the weather was an issue, but nothing that we thought was Blue Haven’s fault. Everything went well and the whole process took two and a half months. If we had any problems, we contacted Bill and he was on it. He was very good. We did the colored lighting, the waterfall, a bar, a table, and the bubblers, but we did not have the smart features installed. It was a brand new thing for them so, there were some hiccups on getting it working. Blue Haven was reputable, they knew what they were talking about, and they followed through.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I met with the Blue Haven designer on three occasions. I'm opinionated so I knew what I wanted and he designed the pool based on that. We went from there and modified the design. Our overall timeline for construction, which was two and a half months, was within the expectation. Their workers showed up when they said they would and if they didn't, Blue Haven was very accountable in trying to get them on the phone and figure out what the delay was.

Their prices were also much better than some of the other local pool companies. I was afraid of overcharges or running the budget up 'cause we built a house before the pool but they were very accurate with their estimate and what they delivered. We had a waterfall fill over from a hot tub and ran into the pool, color quartz plaster, which is on a remote, and the LED light that's color-changing. Blue Haven also sent somebody out to educate us on everything. I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I’m happy with Blue Haven. Their design rep came out to the house, showed me where the pool is going to be and how other stuff was going to it into the yard. I enjoyed my visits with my designer. I did the shape in the pool, the plasters, the tiles and whatever goes around the pool. They talked about the pump, the heater and the mechanical parts. The construction went really well. Everybody was on time, worked very hard, stayed late and they did a really good job. I was encouraged by their allotted time, too. Blue Haven beat other estimates and I got a lot more. Their rep was willing to show up to give me the estimate and everything was faster. Also, they stand by their work. I would recommend Blue Haven.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We stopped by Blue Haven and told them we were interested in a pool. They asked what we wanted, but we were unsure. They said they'd just come out and get some measurements and start a few plans. They asked us what our easement restrictions were. I told them our backyard was wide open and we can do just about anything. Two days after they took all the measurements, they called and said that they were restricted and only had one option. They sent us the design and, knowing what our restrictions were, we loved it. We made a couple of small tweaks to it and signed the contract within a week. I did the pool loan myself but they gave me some recommendations of some places to go through.

We have the upgrade LED lighting and we got a fancy remote which we can do everything with if I'm in the house. It works great for me and helps with sweeping and vacuuming the pool. The dig happened the Thursday before July 22nd and we filled the pool Saturday after Labor Day weekend. However, timelines could have been managed a little bit differently if they can't control their subcontractor because the subs held them up. I talked to the Blue Haven rep and she understood my frustrations and she would try getting subcontractor out there but they'd work only when they were available. Nevertheless, Blue Haven had the best customer service you could ever ask for. I've definitely recommended many times.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Blue Haven put our pool in. We had a face-to-face in-house consultation. They designed it and showed it to us up on the 3D. They allowed making any changes if we wanted to so it was a discussion and we came up with the final design. The design was excellent. They did the excavation, then the field, then the rural inspection of my house from the city. And then, they got my process, then the tile and coping back-formation and for another plaster. The construction took around two and a half months to three months, and there were delays, too.

Our interaction with the construction team was great. We have LED lights in the pool and spa, and we have the jets that come out from the spa. Then, the fountains are there but I put the waterfall separately from the pool so it's not connected to that. The LED lights are my favorite. The pool also has the automatic on-and-off so it runs every day and it switches off at a certain time. We financed the pool and we had paid for it. Blue Haven worked excellently. I have written a Google review for them. I like the construction process and everything was fine. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

The design consultant from Blue Haven came to my house and laid the pool design on the computer, but built it totally different one from what we originally planned. He also said he would come down every day to supervise the construction, but didn’t. The workplace was never cleaned up as well, and I wouldn’t recommend them. The pool was also a little bit hard to use, but it is priced accordingly and served with quality.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The design process for our new pool took us about a year. We have already talked to Blue Haven but then, we weren't quite sure about our decision so we talked to some other companies. Then, we called Blue Haven back after about a year. We told them that we wanted to have whatever was going to be appropriate for our pool. They put the package together and that's what we got. They weren't pushy and I felt like they listened to exactly what our follow-ups and requests were. They designed something that was very close to what we were looking for. We have added lighting and water features into it. The little jump rock slash waterfall is probably our favorite part.

Though we had a few hiccups during the construction process, it was no fault of Blue Haven. We had a few little weather delays which were out of their control. Then we had a few little things, like when they laid it out, we didn't expect it to be that way. So, after expressing our concerns, Blue Haven either fixed it or explained to us why. They were very informative through the whole process and they met our expectations. However, there were several times that we had several days with no activity and the weather was nice. We had to call them and when we did, they gave us an explanation as to why. But from an eager customer who is naturally excited to see a completed product, communication about certain delays could still be improved.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

We have dealt with Blue Haven before at our previous home. This was our second time with them so I was familiar with their process. But I had a general idea of what we wanted for our new pool and so we sat down with them, they took our idea, then we looked at the materials and finishes and all the various options. They went back and did a very good 3D rendering as well as rough site design. We did nothing extravagant with regards to its special features, but we added a couple of waterfalls as well as one light that has a color feature to it. Also we had a raised sitting area on the back side of the pool, which is our favorite special feature. We liked what we saw in the design so we signed on the dotted line and board detail drawings.

Though the design process went really well it took about four months of construction. There was nothing we can do about it because it just rained every other day for two and a half months. But we worked with a really good project manager. His name was Bill and he was really responsive to our phone calls, especially when it was raining. If he didn't answer the phone when we called he was really good about returning our phone calls. We're really happy with the end result and we would recommend Blue Haven to friends.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I live in a small town with less than 2,000 people. When I first called Blue Haven I said to the girl that I spoke with that I've always had a pool and the above ground pool that I've had for 18 years broke. There’s no fixing it and I'm ready for an in-ground pool. When she asked me who I was and I told her about myself, she said she knew me and it made me feel good because I was dealing with small town stuff and it sold me. I was talking to three other dealers but this girl made me feel so at home. They offered to arrange a pool loan and I did that and they accepted me. But then I needed a couple more years to pay it off and the interest rate was going to be too high and I didn't need it. I’ve already applied on their website and so then we went with this.

The design process went fine and we wanted the pool in the same area. We then decided the pool shape and look that we wanted plus we wanted the biggest pool we could get for the area that I had. It worked and the construction went fine. When the workers got there, they all jumped on it. The guy showed me my pool and we worked it out. They painted lines on the ground and when I said that it looked good, they started that afternoon. They had that done and cleaned up. They did well but there was one little hiccup in the whole thing. I wanted a certain kind of coping and it was man-made. When they got it several of them were broken and it took three weeks to get them made for my pool.

It slowed them down because there were some pieces broken in shipment which wasn't Blue Haven's fault but they resolved it. After the coping came they got that done and everything seemed to move very fast and it was all good. They told me how long the entire process would take and that came in about 10 to 15 days but they made it before that. The people saw my pool on Facebook and they drive up here all the time to look at it and say that it's beautiful. I would recommend them very much.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Blue Haven built my pool and the experience was smooth. We met with the designer who came out and looked at the location. He made a drawing based on feedback that we gave him during his visit. And then the next thing he asked to do was for us to come to the office and review it and see if that's what we wanted, then pick out some surface options like different color tiles and colors of plastering. After that it was just waiting for permits to be issued and then once that happened they started digging a hole.

It was three phases. The first phase was digging the hole, the second phase was putting in the rebar and the granite shell and then the third phase was finishing it all out. It took a couple of months to do it although they advertised 34 working days. It was well as it could be expected. It's a small pool of about 11,000 gallons and it fits the yard. We have the waterfall and a plain chlorine system.

We had the pool designed to fit the space that it was going to go in. Initially as they were building and I was thinking, "This thing might be too small." But once they were done it's perfect as far as how it fits in the yard. We never built a pool before and we've owned houses that had swimming pools before but this is the first experience we've ever had. However after they were finished the pool light went out and initially when they did the start-up inspection the pool light was not working so they had to send somebody out to change a bulb. And then a week after that it went out again so I had to call customer service to have them come back out. But it hasn't gone out since so it must've been a defective bulb or something.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have a good relationship with Blue Haven and have a second pool from them. I’m also very pleased with their service I had. The service people come out in a few days and sometimes immediate but it depends on what day of the week I call on. I always get an immediate response, no more than a few days. I have the service rep’s name and the number stored in my cell phone and oftentimes I’ll just text him with an issue, but I always forward a formal request through the email so it’s in the records.

There had been various small repairs and replacements of parts along the way since the pool equipment was installed. The repairs had all been done in a timely manner and caught by the pool service that we have. And when I went home last night, the repairman managed to get the pool fixed and everything looked the same. That was good news even though I have never talked with any of the people that came out and repaired my pool equipment since I’ve always been at work. I referred my next-door neighbor to Blue Haven and he had a pool put in too.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

There were little issues when Blue Haven finished building the pool, but they took care of it all quickly. The service personnel were professional. Everything is good and I'd refer them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We got Blue Haven to build our pool and so we went to their office and picked out the colors and materials that we like. They helped steer us to things that would work, sat down and consulted with us. They have a showroom with the materials out and they also have books of materials and options. The standard features are the heated pool and colored LED lights, then we added the waterfall and some seating in the pool like benches. We were very involved with the design of it and we took the things we wanted. We really like the waterfall, the deep-end seating, and the sunning shelf. It's a ledge with about three inches of water on it, like public tanning ledges. They also suggested a bank for our pool loan and then we dealt with the bank directly.

We then had the construction from February 'til about the end of July. There was a lot of delays and a lot of it was due to weather so it’s out of their control. Also, a lot of it was unavailability of contractors due to other projects. The whole area got inundated with delays which then backed everybody up. I understand that it’s because of the weather but it doesn't make it less frustrating. We also had some issues after the pool was done that they couldn't remedy. After they plastered the pool and they uncast the plug to put in the drain, there was a leak on to the plaster and created a stain that's been there since the pool was built. They tried to address it but it's a permanent thing. And then there was confusion with the payment method and how much we still owe them. We bought turtle mural tiles for the floor and owe them about $200 but they haven't gotten back to us on that. It’s disorganized and the office end wasn't the best experience.

If we’re going to recommend them to friends, I would tell them the end product is good. Blue Haven knows what they're talking about. They know what they're doing but it was bumpy. It wasn't perfect but sure, there's worst out there. At least Blue Haven’s reputation can be trusted that if it goes wrong, especially if it's something big, they'll remediate it. But they let little things get past them, like the stain and the $200 we owe them. It's not really a big deal so they don't worry about it. They're not as detail-oriented as we'd hope that they would be, but they're very personable. The owner was very personal and being a salesman, he makes you want the product but there's no follow through sometimes. The technical people, those who build and service the pool, they're very competent and responsive. The issue is trying to communicate to the sales and office staff to get the technical people out. I'm satisfied with the experience but I'm not super happy.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Blue Haven had to come in and check my pump. I introduced myself to the service personnel and he introduced himself. I showed him the issue and he looked at it. He brought the part and he was done in no time at all. They changed out my pump and it was great. Blue Haven provided excellent service and quality of work. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We've always dealt with really good people from Blue Haven. My board went out, and they sent a technician the next day. The technician was really nice. He was very professional, and he knew what the problem was on the phone, so he brought the right stuff. He brought the board, I described the problem and he fixed it in about 20 minutes. However, I need to get him back because I need to have something done with my pump.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Everything was good with Blue Haven. I checked with different companies before them, but Blue Haven got what I needed. They sent me more than 20 different designs that they have and if you choose and need to do any modifications, they designer was open to doing it for me. They also explained the process and offered me another option like financing, but I pooled the money together and paid for the pool. Also, I needed the pool before May 31st which was my daughter's birthday, and I wanted to make it a pool party. Blue Haven called me and said they would move the construction for three days because of the weather condition, and told me not to worry about it. They finished it on time and did an awesome job. I also referred three more friends and they got the same thing as me. Everything was happy.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Blue Haven renovated our pool and they did an exceptional job. The original stuff was 20 years old and it was completely re-plastered with a different bottom. All the tiles, coping stones and plumbing were changed. The project also included all new pool equipment like the pumps and filters, except lights because I had a wire problem that we're going to rectify later. When they came out the first time to look at it, Curtis, the general manager, said that before they went on with it, he had to tell me that to do everything I told them to do was going to run us about $40,000. It’s a big 40,000-gallon 20x40 backyard pool that's nine feet deep in the deep end. I told him that was okay and that’s what it turned out to be. And I liked that.

They finished in the same time frame that they said they would and the quality of the work is great. It took them about two months to finish the remodel, as I expected. We were operating under the premise of six weeks, but I knew it will be longer than that. We had some bad weather and it was a lot of work. They were also good guys to work with. The guy who did the tile work was an older gentleman and he was funny. The plaster team were in and out in a day, and the coping stone fellow took about two weeks. He did it by himself.

Also, I didn’t have to call or do things. I just left the back gate open for them then they showed up and did stuff. They also cleaned up really good. They had extra materials like flagstones that they moved into my backyard for me to use for something else. They left them since I paid for them which was cool. Ben was the fellow who I dealt with mostly and he was helpful and patient. He came back twice to help us with pool school, so I'd learn to use the equipment the right way. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Blue Haven built our pool. We met with their designer and told him our priorities in design and he drew out exactly what we wanted. He was really good. Then, it was the permits after that. They also helped arrange a pool loan and the process was easy, very fast and took a few days. In terms of the construction process, we started on time. However, it didn’t finish by the time they said it would be which we had expected. They told us it would happen before Christmas, but it didn’t until March. The delays happened one thing after another and one of them was the inspection, while the other one was that they were waiting for the shotcrete guys to come. There were so many people that they contracted out that they waited on their availability since they were working on other pools too. Once they dug the hole, it was about a couple of weeks until they did the shotcrete, but it was really fast.

The fountain was also built and its shape and combination with the fire pit were good. We have the remote controls and the lights which were good as well. In addition to that, their team was good, helpful, able to answer all my questions and awesome with follow-up and follow-through. They also have a guy who repairs the pool even years after it was built which was the big point of having a big company do our pool. If something goes wrong, I have somebody to call. There was actually a leak in the pool where one of the construction people drilled a stake into the plumbing. When we came home, there was flooding in the backyard and it was scary. It was after hours, but they were able to get back to us and tell us what to do. We turned off the filters and got the plumbing off, and they also fixed it right away, got it done quickly. It was great.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We just bought a new house and the backyard was what we nicknamed “the looner” landscape. It was totally open to suggestion and we went through five different designs until we got the one that we wanted which was designed by Jeff, the guy from Blue Haven. He was very accommodating to everything that we were telling considering that we’re budget conscious too. We pretty much stayed right on path with our budget and everything worked out fine. Jeff also told us to go over the original design from the first advisors we had and look at it over the weekend before we do anything. As soon as we got it back home, we went up on our upper balcony and realized it didn’t work. It was a very educational process and Jeff was really good at helping us out with it.

The design was great, and the dimension of the pool ended up becoming bigger than what we originally thought it was going to be but it was perfect. We had to jump through the HOA hoops that slowed us down a bit. But once we got it going, Blue Haven came in and removed one of our walls to get access to the back so they could get the equipment back there. We originally thought that we would have it before the end of the summer since we didn’t have any special orders that would slur it up. The process took four months and we’ve had our landscaper, who is also a family friend, in the whole process of the construction. I told them to take the time to do everything right which was our frame of mind, too.

Everybody from Blue Haven was professional. All the contractors who came in were very friendly and accommodating to whatever questions we had. We added something special to the pool. When we bought our previous house on short sale, we threw a lot of money into it when we did a big redo to the pool that was already existing but due to the size of the house and the property, the pool wasn’t the center of attention. This house and the property being bigger, we wanted the pool to be an accent and not the center of attention of the backyard. And Jeff really helped us out with that. The pool was off on one side of the backyard and Jeff said to put a nice little waterfall and waterfall pots that spill over into the pool. It’s not overbearing but it looks really nice. Somebody with that expertise can see that and that pushed it over the edge. Blue Haven gave us the best bang for the buck.

Elaine, our scheduler for the construction, kept abreast with us and let us know the different scheduling. I’m an airplane pal so I’m traveling all the time, and Elaine was very helpful in getting a hold of either my wife or I and even let us know what’s going on. She and KC were our points of contact who helped us get on the right path with it and get it squared away. Also, the contractors who put our paver in were artists. I was watching them work as I see them painting in their minds the pavers in different colors and I could tell that they took pride in what they do. Blue Haven definitely got a good grill on the contractors that they hire. We like our cover and we think it looks better than the other houses and better than the original covers that were built into the house.

We’re still in the process of getting the regimen down but it seems fine. Blue Haven told me to try it first and then we can always put saltwater, which would be similar to Florida where I’m. The pool is still very new and we still have landscaping going in our backyard. Besides, it’s starting to get cold here at night and the pool will be ready for the first summer next year.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blue Haven Pools builds and remodels in-ground concrete swimming pools and spas. Its offices around the United States have provided inground pools for tens of thousands of homeowners since 1954.

• Design and construction: Blue Haven Pools specializes in a full range of standard and custom designs with a wide array of features ranging from tanning ledges to infinity edges.

• Technology: Blue Haven’s private-label equipment line, SmartFeatures™, includes options like antimicrobial filters, handheld- and smartphone-compatible remote controls, water- and energy-efficient equipment and alternative water sanitizing systems.

• Licensing: Individual offices are fully insured and licensed to build pools in their local markets.

• Warranty: Individual offices provide limited lifetime structural warranties.

• Financing: To make it easier to pay for pools over time, Blue Haven offices help facilitate loans through a national network of home-improvement lenders and finance programs.

• Best for: homeowners interested in concrete gunite/shotcrete pools and spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.bluehaven.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use