4.3/5 (70 ratings)

About Blue Haven Pools & Spas

More than 50 U.S. Blue Haven offices design and build inground custom pools and spas to meet your style and budget preferences. Local designers provide free in-home consultations and illustrate your backyard dream with a custom plan — in most states, using 3D virtual reality software. Blue Haven’s exclusive, high-tech SmartFeatures™ help make pool ownership easier and more economical. In the past 25 years alone, Blue Haven offices across the U.S. have successfully built and remodeled nearly 90,000 pools. Blue Haven also arranges 100% financing with approved credit.

Blue Haven Pools & Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Haven Pools & Spas?

Original review: March 18, 2022

I liked what Blue Haven had to offer. And it didn't feel like they were trying to oversell me. They just laid out a lot of options. And the packages that were offered were superior to the other companies. They weren't the cheapest. They weren't the most expensive. But their quality seemed to be the highest. My wife did more of the idea of stuff, but I can vouch for her that we had some plans. And they really helped magnify them into something a lot more beautiful than we would have gotten had we done it ourselves. For instance, where we put the landscape, where we put the pool itself, they advised us to put it in the back of our property rather than the front so that in winter time we don't look outside at a pool cover, which was nice, because we have a beautiful landscape behind our house. We have to walk a bit, but it is nice. It’s at the back in the corner of our property.

They had people that helped with the landscape and the fencing. And I felt comfortable working with them. They got it done. I never pushed them to get it done because I know how difficult things were in terms of COVID and supply chain. They were very responsive. And they hooked us up with people for pool cover, and with people to help take care of that. They also handled all the permits. In the past, with other projects, it became cumbersome. They just seemed to know what they were doing.

My wife and I both work a lot. We don't wanna come home and take care of the pool for hours. So, it's a very low maintenance option too, which was nice. It's salt water. I felt they had the best package and for the price, the least amount of effort on our part to, instead of working on a pool, we’re swimming in it. And that’s how it all worked out. So, we were very happy. Know what you're gonna use your pool for and let Blue Haven know what you're looking for. They can help make that pool look like what you want. And you can use it for what you wanna use it for.

Get buying tips about Pool Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Blue Haven wasn't the lowest priced but I picked them because they were one of the biggest dealers and they had access to equipment and crews. Some of the other places were bogged down with some of the supply chain issues. My designer was Allan and he's an old guy like me. He was old school and does pencil and paper. But he's the one who had the vision for my pool. As soon as he said, “Why don't you do this and this and this?” That was exactly what I wanted to do. I had some tight constraints in my space in my yard and he drew up a plan and that was what we executed. I brought Sylvan out here and I showed their guy Allan’s drawing for him to understand what I was talking about. He did a 3D thing but that didn’t mean anything. I’m more of an engineering type so I’m fine with the hand drawings.

Overall, it was a good experience. The process started sometime around the 5th of June and the 23rd of December was when I put water in it. I got top-of-the-line everything. I really liked the OmniLogic control that they sold me. That’s working really well. I'm going to do my own pool maintenance because I'm able to do that. The project manager did a great job. He was a little young guy but he stayed right on top of everything. The concrete guys, the rebar guys, and the plumbing guys knew what they were doing and didn't mess around. They came in and did the job effectively and to high standards. I only had one issue on the corner. When they were doing the gunite, the form broke loose and came out. Half of my pool’s out of the ground and they had to chisel the wall back in order to get the stone on the face. That took them about an extra half a day and they fixed it.

I had the ozone unit that I bought and it came on but there was something wrong with it. It's a different product and it's a top-of-the-line unit. I called the factory and they said, “You need to put in a request to have it replaced. We'll send you a new one.” I told them that Blue Haven bought it. I talked to the control guy at Blue Haven and he said, "I’ll take your word for it.” They found out that I knew about as much as they did as far as electronics and controls. They ordered a new one and put it in. It works great.

That was one of the things I also heard about Blue Haven that they would come back and take care of problems. They also offered me a three-month pool service as part of the contract. They would get the water chemicals squared away and they've added all the chemicals. I got a salt pool and stabilized everything. It's given me a chance to work with the guy that comes out here every week and I've read all the books, bought the instrument, and the test kits so I'm ready to go.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We like the pool. We have a couple of things that we're still waiting on, like the light fixtures popped off. We were gonna try to put them back on but we've asked the supervisor to send someone out to fix that. But they've taken care of most of the issues. It took a while for them to come out and cut the foam that they put between the coping and the decking but we got it fixed.

Also, we had an issue with the pool vacuum. Initially, the robotic one was the one we were going to go with but I was cutting back costs and I said I'll buy one later. Then, once we filled up our pool, the pool pump wasn't working. Somebody came out and said they got to change the pump and they need to vacuum. I told them I don't have one and they recommended one of the pressure ones. The first and second techs said that and they kept boasting about this one pressure vacuum that the company sells. So I went ahead and purchased that one. But when the third technician came out here, I said that the cleaner is not cleaning anything. It looked just like it did before we turned it on and it had been on for hours. The tech said I was not piped for a pressure cleaner.

I called Blue Haven and said I'd return the vacuum and that I need to get the robotic one. I also told them they sold me a vacuum that doesn't work with my pool. I would have to spend thousands of dollars to get it piped. They said they'd talk to the higher ups and get back to me. They almost made it sound like they're doing me a favor. When the technician came out to give us the robotic vacuum, he said we're the second swap they were doing that week.

Also, the first technician was a no-show and then he got mad at me on the phone. Then, he showed up and he said he couldn't find his glasses and he had to wear his sister's. That's not my fault. There's a window of time that they told me he would show up and he didn't show up. And they don’t contact me the next day. That's not cool. I'm very patient but I was literally hanging out at my house because they said they were coming. Other than that, our guy was really good. He was always polite and respectful. Even with the issues, he really tried. Also, the third technician, Josh, responded when I texted him really late and told me exactly what to do when we were having a freeze and I didn't know what to do.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Harry, the sales rep, was intense on the front end but it was because they were so busy. But we were gonna get a pool and we wanted Blue Haven. And once he came to our house and helped us match everything out, he was a huge help. He got us everything we needed and the order was drawn out beautifully. We were impressed with everything. We had a great experience with him. I'm super extroverted and stubborn, so I didn't have a problem but I could see where he would be a little intimidating to some people.

Our project manager was absolutely fabulous. We signed the contract in May and we live in Florida, so it was pool season. They started to dig in the middle of July and we were swimming by the week after Labor Day. Blue Haven was incredible and all the employees who came to work on the project were all sweet and nice. Our back porch is big and we have fans out there. We have a bathroom that is like a pool bath, it's an exterior bath. So we would leave the fans running and I would give them access to the bathroom, and keep drinks in the refrigerator for them and stuff on the back porch. They were awesome. We got hit with a ton of bad weather and the reps said they were gonna finish it out. Part of our pool totally caved in right after they dug it. It was bad. We got a huge storm and they came out the next day and fixed it all. Our project manager was available whenever we needed him. He was great.

We love the ozone pump and it's easy to manage. The salesperson got us on the sea turtle. My daughter was with us and the rep pulled them out and asked what we thought about it. My kid said we needed them. That was the only thing that was insanely overpriced and uncalled for. But they look cute in our pool. We were pleased with Blue Haven and we had several people who ended up going with them.

The only thing is that all phone lines are not answered well at all. You have to send emails but if you’re a new client, you don’t have these email addresses yet. I understand that the reps are also busy and people call to ask what their starting price for a pool is and that's not a quick answer. So, I get it both ways. But even as a current client, I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of people from the actual office. So, I was super thankful that Travis was willing to share his cell phone number with us and I would call him during business hours if we had a question.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I asked Blue Haven to come out and go over some ideas we had about renovating and remodeling our backyard. They listened to what our ideas were and were able to put out some 3D drawings and dimensions that were very helpful for my wife and I to visualize and conceptually see what they were doing and put in place what we were thinking. First, we got to know Rob and John, who are both with the local company here, and they were pretty much available. But just like any pool company, they’re subject to delays, weather, and other things factored in there. Because of those, we'd only see them one day a week. I would reach out and check on the schedule with John and he would tell me that they'll come Saturday and they would work.

My wife was very unsatisfied with that process. We had an existing pool that required a demo step and process that started in February of last year, which was moving our backyard patio, concrete, and existing pool. Once they did that, it was about four weeks before they were able to get back to us. Then their first staging crew came in and started forming the pool and doing the rough end over there, too. The staging, from the time the demo came out, was about three months to get it back in over there.

We wanted the pool by Memorial Day and we had the pool two weeks before that in May. They did everything they said they would do and there were things that they did a little bit differently. From the tanning ledge, the depth that we liked over there was different from other companies. LED lighting in the pool that they recommend and do differently than what the other pool companies would do over there. It’s just that being there one day a week was kind of hard. Nonetheless, they were excellent and we were very pleased with their workmanship quality.

Matter of fact, I have contacted John and Rob back with a couple of other projects. After this, we went back and added a fire pit for our patio area. A couple of little things that come up, they’ve been good to respond, send somebody out, and take care of a couple of things. Other people ask us about who did our pool and we always tell them Blue Haven, and we recommend them highly.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I was pleased with what Blue Haven had online and the meeting with the sales rep seemed to go really well. I understood that the process was going to take a while because of the COVID time and Blue Haven mentioned that it would take a while as far as obtaining the permits. I understood that and that was fine. But then, there was a lot of turnaround with the company itself. They lost people and they had to bring in new people. So there was a lot of halt to the process.

The project has been finished but I'm still waiting for the final review of the pool install. I sent some pictures of some concern areas where the filler between the coping is missing. It's not flushed. It digs in the concrete between the tile. Also, I was concerned also about the placement of the jacuzzi jets. They're rather low. So I sent them that as well. They had to reschedule the final review two months ago because the head guy had COVID but I have yet to hear from them after that. But I love everything else.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I will not refer my enemy to them. Excavation started Dec 2019. As of today. April 18, 2022 my final inspection not done. As of April 18 / 2022 problems not being taken care of: Missed up grout, spa is not straight, pool school not done (charges paid). They count my question here and there as pool school which is ridiculous

During construction, they were leaving their garbage in my yard, they cut my PVC without asking, worker were getting sick. Truck was breaking (as an excuse when they were not showing up for work ), Most of time In and out. I hardly remember a full day of work.

So far during this time They have had 3 GM, everyone was blaming the previous one. Started with Jonathan, then Weston, Now Jim. Weston was better than rest "like In a country with all blind people, the one with one eye is the king " He promised that he would take care of problem but he was waiting to be out of position as GM and now he is saying that he forwarded my email to GM. I Have been trying to communicate with their president and so far they refuse to answer any question.

I know they had problem with many customer pool and even one pool had to be started all over again. Despite multiple email, many phone call, and text, I am not able to reach anyone. If I am lucky may be once in a while I get reassurance and then nothing happens. They send worker with lack of experience, without supervision. BBB contacted them, they did not respond. I have decided to take action either alone or together with anyone else. Please pay a bit more for better pool construction company and forget about Blue Haven. Services: General construction, Design

Blue Haven Pools & Spas response

We are sorry you are so frustrated with your local office. During 2020, 2021, and even now to some extent, the Pandemic created extraordinary challenges for thousands of businesses across the country, including pool builders. The repercussions impeded the speed of construction; therefore, work did not proceed as smoothly or as quickly as we all have would have liked. However, every matter related to your project was addressed, and your pool was completed per contract. In addition, a number of credits and thousands of dollars in complimentary items were provided to you. As you have noted, the office is under new management. The new GM began 4 weeks ago—after your pool was completed; he assumed the position from an individual who remains on the local team (and who was always intended to serve only in an interim capacity). Local staff has consistently responded to your concerns with clear, detailed explanations. Although you have a beautiful pool and have received everything to which you are entitled—plus much more—we understand that you remain extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I just told them the shape of the pool I wanted and they made it. The results are fantastic and it's high quality. The pump had some manufacturing issues but they've worked through those. They've been responsive so far.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Their price was reasonable compared to others. Overall, it was a good process from the start to the end.

Original review: March 29, 2022

The designer was very accommodating. He came up with a professional design and fulfilled our needs. We got a peanut-shaped pool with a tanning ledge on it and it has three sheer descent falls. The installation was quick and the installers cleaned up after themselves.

Media