Find the Best Home Automation Systems
Compare Reviews for Top Home Automation System
|Vivint Smart Home|
Read 14,121 Reviews
Security packages with monitoring and video surveillance start at $29.99/month with 42-month contract. Professionally installed systems include smart hub, app, locks and a doorbell camera with automatic recording.
|Get a Quote|
|Protect Your Home|
Read 1,614 Reviews
Offers monitored home security packages priced at $27.99 to $58.99/month. Installation costs $99 with 24- to 36-month contracts. Equipment includes sensors, smart locks and camera surveillance. Includes six-month refund policy.
|Get a Quote|
Read 12,216 Reviews
Monitored security plans start at $39.95/month with contract. Requires professional installation. Packages include wireless control panel, door and window sensors, motion detections and yard sign. Surveillance cameras available.
Read 1,994 Reviews
Offers monitored home security systems starting at $30.99/month with a one-year contract. Systems include two-way voice communication to monitoring center. Requires DIY installation. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Get a Quote|
Read 252 Reviews
Offers the cheapest alarm monitoring starting at $14.99/month with DIY installation. Sells equipment packages that start at $230 and include base station, wireless keypad plus entry and motion sensors. 60-day money-back guarantee.
Read 2,283 Reviews
Smart home security starting at $45.99/month. Base plan includes state-of-the-art IQ2 touchscreen panel, door and window sensors, motion detector, yard sign and window decals. Free professional installation.
|Get a Quote|
|Brinks Home Security™|
Read 3,577 Reviews
Home security plans range from $29 to $53/month with standard contracts. Select from monitored and unmonitored plans. Requires DIY installation. HD video doorbell and indoor night vision camera available.
Read 11 Reviews
Offers monitored home security systems priced at $15 to $35/month. Requires DIY installation. Pay for equipment upfront or opt into a 36-month contract. Includes a 60-day money-back guarantee.
|Get a Quote|
|Protect America||Read 2,641 Reviews|
Monitored plans start at $19.99/month plus a one-time $19.95 activation fee. Systems require DIY installation and 36-month contract. Available equipment includes Z-Wave hubs, smart locks, glass-break sensors and wireless cameras.
Read 186 Reviews
The Nest Cam is a self-monitoring camera with a 130° wide-angle view offering 24/7 live streaming, advanced night vision and motion/sound alerts. The company also offers automated thermostats and smoke/carbon monoxide alarms.
What to consider in a home automation system
Home automation companies vary based on the services they offer their customers.
- Installation-only companies: Some home automation companies offer customers installation of home automation technology and controls only.
- Installation and monitoring: Home automation companies that also offer monitoring both install automated technology in homes and watch over it for homeowners; this is particularly common for home security system automation companies.
- Installation, repair and maintenance: There are home automation companies that offer customers installation of home automation systems, as well as maintenance and repair for their systems.
Home automation companies differ from one another based on the prices for their services and technology.
- Luxury automation companies: Luxury automation companies charge very high prices for their services and technology, and they are often geared towards homeowners who are comfortable spending a lot to automate their homes. These companies often offer automation that allows a comfortable and convenient experience, like receding televisions, multi-colored room lighting effects, and more.
- Basic automation companies: Many basic home automation companies offer low-priced services and technology for homeowners looking to add some simple automated additions to their residences.
- Automation companies with diverse pricing: Some large home automation companies offer services and technology in a wide range of prices to appeal to a wide customer base.
Home automation companies differ from one another based on the certifications of their technicians and employees.
- Diamond Certification: Home automation systems with a Diamond Certification have been confirmed to have reliable, excellent customer service practices and highly-skilled service technicians.
- NATE Certification: NATE Certified home automation companies are certified to be expert technicians in heating, ventilation, air condition, and refrigeration.
- Uncertified companies: Some companies that offer home automation installation are not certified with any official organization for home automation.
Home automation companies differ from one another based on the type of technology their automation requires and incorporates.
- Motion sensors: Many automation company's technology works via motion sensor, so that processes in homes can simply be activated by someone moving into or out of a space.
- Video: Some home automation companies offer both live and recorded video feeds so homeowners can view the spaces in and around their homes remotely.
- Mobile apps: Home automation companies that offer mobile apps allow users to manipulate the features of their home automation via controls on tablets and mobile phones.
Home automation companies offer customers different means by which they can control their home automation systems.
- Smart mobile control systems: Many home automation companies install systems that can be controlled by smart mobile devices, like smartphones or tablets.
- Remote control systems: Home automation companies that utilize remote controls install systems that are controlled by specialized, dedicated controls provided by the company.
- Manual control systems: Some home automation systems are controlled by manual controls within a home, like a thermostat or PC-based control system.
Another way that home automation companies vary from another is by the installation options they offer customers.
- Self-installation companies: Many home automation companies simply sell customers automatic technology and allow customers to install the technology themselves.
- Custom installation: For customers looking for custom automation and installation services, some home automation companies can work with homeowners to install complex systems when convenient and over time, teaching customers to use the systems.
- Basic installation: One-time, basic installation for automated systems is an option for many home automation companies.
Type of home automation companies
Full-service home automation companies
Full service home automation companies offer a wide range of services. These companies can help homeowners and residents automate a wide range of aspects - from lights and drapes to HVAC systems.
HVAC automation companies
HVAC Automation companies are specialized home automation companies that deal with the automating of heating and cooling systems. Most HVAC automation companies have technicians trained and certified to safely and competently handle the installation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC systems.
Outdoor automation companies
Many home automation companies specialize in the automation of things outside of the home, particularly automatic sprinklers. Outdoor automation companies are often experts in landscaping and gardening and can offer advice in lawn care, gardening, and more.
Security system companies
Security home automation companies are solely focused on installing automated security systems. Most of these companies also offer security monitoring of a home, as well as technology installation.
Who would benefit from home automation systems
Any homeowner who is trying to create a luxury home experience would benefit from using a home automation company. Home automation companies can help homeowners make houses easier, more comfortable, and more convenient to live in.
Homeowners with large properties
Home automation companies help homeowners with lots of outdoor space maintain their space without having to do massive amounts of work. Outdoor automation companies can install sprinklers in large yards and ensure outdoor spaces stay healthy and thriving.
Elderly homeowners and homeowners with disabilities
Elderly homeowners with mobility or strength issues and homeowners with physical disabilities can benefit from using a home automation company. Home automation allows elderly or disabled homeowners to control aspects of their home that might otherwise be physically hard for them to access or control.
Homeowners with young children
Homeowners with young children can benefit from the safety features of home automation companies. Home automation companies can help ensure that electronics, appliances, and features remain safe for young children who do not have the capacity to operate or control them properly.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Compare Reviews for Top Home Automation System
|Frontpoint Home Automation|
Read 394 Reviews
FrontPoint offers home security and automation options using up-to-date technology. Its website offers free quotes and information about home security as well as the ability to monitor your system using your cell phone.
|ADT Home Automation|
Read 59 Reviews
ADT is known for its home security systems, but also offers home automation. Its services allow users to control the home's temperature, lighting and appliances remotely, using a mobile device or computer.
Read 37 Reviews
Choose from several in-home alarm systems with no contract required. Packages start at $35 per month. Each security alarm comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read 14 Reviews
Smarthome uses wireless technology to allow users to monitor their home remotely. Its products allow users to control their home environment from outside as well as open garage doors and activate motion sensors.
|SafeStreetsUSA Home Automation|
Read 232 Reviews
Safe Streets USA, an Authorized ADT Dealer, offers security systems and home monitoring through the ADT Pulse® app. Their voice recognition technology allows control of lights, locks, thermostats and security systems.
|Honeywell Smart Home|
Read 12 Reviews
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company known for its heating and cooling systems and home protection. They are constantly innovating while providing products and solutions designed to provide security and comfort in homes.
|Protection1 Home Automation|
Read 7 Reviews
Protection 1 offers wireless home automation and security services. Its executive board is made up of people who are very familiar with home security and it conducts background checks on all employees to protect consumer safety.
|Alarm.com||Read Author Review|
Alarm.com offers award-winning, reliable technology that are professionally installed in homes. They are dedicated to creating advanced security and automation that make people's lives safer, smarter and more efficient.
|AMX||Read Author Review|
Since 1982, AMX has developed innovative technology and targeted solutions designed to simplify people’s lives. They offer a diverse product portfolio which includes device control, video distribution and asset management.
|Clare Controls||Read Author Review|
Clare Controls is a provider of configurable and intuitive home automation systems and introduced the first home automation system managed from the cloud. They are committed to making home automation simple.
|Control4||Read Author Review|
Control4 offers smart home services that can be integrated with all of the consumer's electronics. Consumers can control their music and home theatre as well as their security, thermostat and appliances with mobile devices.
|Crestron Electronics||Read Author Review|
Crestron was founded in 1875 and is the world’s leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems. They offer integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems.
|Elan Home Systems||Read Author Review|
Elan Home Systems is one of the largest companies in custom home and commercial systems. They provide the ultimate home experience, complete with entertainment, comfort, security, communications and lighting.
|Insteon||Read Author Review|
Insteon develops cost-effective dual-band network technology optimized for home management and control. They enable devices to be networked together. They offer over 200 products that are available online and at local retailers.
|Iris by Lowe’s||Read Author Review|
Iris offers simple and customizable home security and automation products that connects to Iris compatible smart devices. The Iris app is simple to operate and puts home management at your fingertips.
|iRule||Read Author Review|
iRule is an automation system and mobile application that was developed in Detroit, MI. The iRule software is available through Apple’s App Store and Google Play. The application controls TV, home theaters and other electronics.
|Remote Technologies Inc.||Read Author Review|
RTI is a leading control systems manufacturer committed to creating functional and enjoyable products. They are known for their award-winning devices that incorporate technology and entertainment to homes and offices.
|Savant Systems||Read Author Review|
Savant Systems is a leader in home control and automation. They are also one of the fastest growing companies in the luxury and mid-market smart home space. They provide smart home technology with personalized control portals.
|SmartThings||Read Author Review|
SmartThings is dedicated to using the Internet of Things to help improve people's lives. It offers a smartphone app that allows users to monitor and control their home environment and security while they are on the go.
|URC||Read Author Review|
URC has been the leading supplier of universal remote controls since 1989, setting the standard for control technology. They offer solutions for every control market and OEM manufacturing for high-end audio and video companies.
|Vantage||Read Author Review|
Vantage provides control and automation solutions specifically tailored towards luxury spaces. They offer custom wired and wireless solutions that are professionally installed by a Vantage professional.
|Zonoff||Read Author Review|
Zonoff, founded in 2011, offers Consumer IoT technology and services that have been adopted by leading brands in multiple markets. Their consumer IoT platforms can bridge end users, devices and technologies.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.