Nest

Compare Home Automation Systems

Research top Home Automation Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They were so professional and I like that it did not took long. I could check all in my phone and my tablets and computer all is recording and I love it. The offers were as good as you could imagine is the best. I would use it again if I need it. There is no doubt. I love it and would recommend the value of it. It was as cheap as you could think and my friend is thinking about getting. It is so cheap. I think the experience of using these system is the best and I think I would use it again in the future. There is too much features of these and will use it.

Installing my Nest Thermostat was a breeze, I was able to do it by myself. No special tools or experience was required. The instructions were clear but I simply went to the website to watch the sample video. It was very easy to follow along. The Nest Thermostat delivers all its promises. I still don't know if the energy saved will pay for the device just yet though. I am very satisfied with the smartphone app and usually adjust the temperature from my car when I am heading home. The Nest Thermostat will only show its real value once it pays for itself because it will save on my energy bill. It is too early to determine if this will happen. The GUI from the appliance itself is easy to use, elegant and slick. It has a beautiful design. The smartphone apps uses the same design language. It is a very powerful and yet simple to use, very intuitive.

We now have no worries when we travel and leave the house for a long period of time, we don't have to have relatives or friends checking on our property or anything anymore. They offered us everything under the sun, however we only needed some of the features offered, we may reevaluate in the near future, but as far as I am concerned we have everything that we need right now. It is very cost effective for us, we get top notch security at an affordable price, the customer service representatives always stay in contact with us and test our product to make sure that it is working properly. This is the first time I have owned something of this nature, I would recommend it to anyone that needs something for a start home, we live out in the country so neighbors at that close.

The install on that network was okay but not satisfying enough. The services they offered were pretty good but not good enough. My neighbors and I discussed this together when I was pondering on it and they also agreed that it was okay but satisfying enough. The value was actually better than I accepted because I believe it would be way too much but it turned out to be enough for everyone to be okay with. I was disappointed with their user experience actually because I heard so many good things which just turned out to be just a full of crap.

The installation was very easy, clean and cheap. The installation doesn't mean a bunch of holes on your walls or things like that, in a few hour you could had your system functional. The offered services are one of the most important parts of the deal, they give you a lot of stuff a good service for almost the same money. If you have the time to check in internet or in everywhere else, you would see that they offered the best value for the price. You won't find any better. You can't have any problem with the user experience, it easy as chance a channel, as push a button and when you learn how to use the system even your kind can do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest?

Easy to install. Takes no time and very hassle free. Easy to install for anyone. No tools needed or manual, really it's self-explanatory. Great product. Very great services that are offered and provided. Extensive coverage on security with this device makes it all worthwhile at the end. Love the services offered. For the price and the services overall great value. Very unique due to the value of the product. Not going to find a better value on any other device. Very easy to use and very accessible from many devices I own. Very accessible and the user has great control over the device and the tools their self.

Expert Review

Lisa MontgomeryHome Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.    More about Lisa→

Formerly known as DropCam, the Nest Cam is a self-monitored camera that can be free-standing, mounted onto a tripod, or mounted onto any wall, including one with a metal surface thanks to its magnetic backing. The Nest Cam delivers a 130° wide-angle view straight to your mobile device so you always know when an unusual sound or movement is detected. Monitor your Nest Cam through a free app, which can also be linked to Nest’s thermostat and/or fire alarm/CO monitor to give your home total automation and security.

• No service plan necessary: Every Nest Cam comes with a free 30-day trial of Nest Aware, which gives you continuous footage and storage for up to 30 days. Nest Aware packages start at $10 a month, but if you don’t want to pay the extra cost, you can still use your camera without paying any monthly fee.
  • Only buy what you need: Buy as many or few Nest Cams as you need for your home. Smaller homes might be fine with just one camera, while larger homes might want to buy two or three. Nest offers a discount when you buy three or more.
  • Potential discounts: Nest works with insurance companies and other security companies to offer discounts to customers who work with their partners. Check out their website to see if you’re eligible.
  • Geo-tracking: Because Nest Cam is linked to your phone, it knows when you’re away and will turn on automatically. If you have other Nest components, they will also turn on automatically when you are out of the house.
  • Clip and save: Your Nest Cam captures all the moments that happen throughout the day, even the ones you want to remember forever. With Nest Aware, you can clip and save your favorite moments to a separate drive.
  • Best for Homeowners who just want a camera or two instead of a whole security system, parents who want to check on their kids who are home alone and those who want an easy DIY project.

Compare Home Automation Systems