1.18/5

Need a home automation system?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

84 Nest Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We had bought a camera a while ago. Last night my family is sitting in the living room and someone starts talking to us on our camera saying rude things watching us. Someone hacked into our camera and spying on us and then once I posted video my babysitter said she heard voices on it a few days prior. Just thinking it was us she didn’t say anything. It’s crazy. Will never buy another one.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

On the coldest day of the year at -10F BOTH Nest failed within 30 minutes of each other. I was 100 miles from home when both failed. Received an NEST e-mail saying to disconnect the "Y" Wire. I drove home, disconnected the "Y" wire and all is fine. This is a known design flaw that could be easily fixed yet it fails on the coldest day in 3 years simultaneously on two separate and independent units!! WHY!?

Get expert buying tips about Home Automation Systems delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My complaint is like all of put together. Worst products, company ever, very dishonest and needs to put down like dog. It is had to use fraud protection on my BOA card to end their bs. Got money back instantly and now them chumps can be the ones waiting for their junk to get back to them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We purchased a smoke/CO detector from Nest. In just a few weeks we received a low battery signal. We replaced the batteries with the very expensive lithium batteries as required by Nest. Once again, in a few weeks we get a low battery signal. We contact Nest customer service and they send us a new unit. The unit is an improvement over the original model because the battery compartment door can be opened with a latch instead of having to remove 4 screw with the first model. In about 9 months we get the low battery signal on 1/11/19. I replace the batteries. On 1/20/19 I get another low battery signal. This time I test the batteries and they are fine. I still put in new batteries to see what happens and we get a low battery signal on 1/22/19. I contact Nest customer service. They will not replace the unit or give a refund because they say it ran out of warranty on June 2018.

They apply the warranty to the original unit and not the replace unit! Incredible! Their only solution is, "We will give you 20% off on another one of our terrible smoke/CO units." I asked for a full credit to apply to one of their doorbell camera. "No! We can send you some new batteries or you get 20% off on a new unit." Are you kidding me! Of course, I read the reviews on the doorbell camera and they are terrible as well. If I had read the reviews first about this company I would not have invested $100+ on one of their products. I think $100 for a smoke detector is extremely expensive anyway. However, a unit that does not work and the company will not stand behind makes it even worse. I would stay clear of this company and save yourself a lot of money and aggravation.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

This company has the most egregious bait and switch advertising I have ever seen. The camera works well during the first 30 days. Then it stops working unless you purchase an expensive monthly subscription. Instead of getting to view the live feed in real time plus getting a 10-15 second snapshot of each "event". After 30 days you get no live feed and only a useless single frame "snapshot" that never shows the event!!! I am going to uninstall mine and try to return it for my money back. If not, I will sell it if I can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nest?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I installed three Nest thermostats in my vacation home so that I could control the temperature remotely. My home is on Cape Cod so I want to make sure the humidity is not too high in the summer and that the heat is high enough to avoid frozen pipes in the winter. I've experienced problems with each of the thermostats - either they go offline (especially when cold) or automatically go to their own "schedule", especially turning the heat down on their own. This happens even if you turn off the automatic schedule feature, turn off the eco feature, and then manually go in and delete the "learned" schedule on each thermostat.

I also know that going offline is not a wifi problem because only one of the three goes offline at a given time. The end result for me was frozen pipes and a huge plumbing bill. I also checked with HVAC vendors, they don't recommend Nest because of the problems they have encountered. I am ripping mine out and buying a wireless Honeywell solution - I have one in my other home and it has worked flawlessly. It doesn't have as many features as the Nest but at least it does what it is supposed to do - maintain the temperature in the house.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Purchased this thermostat Dec. 2017 and recently our Nest displayed "low battery" and stopped connecting to WiFi. We charged the battery using USB several times but the battery would only partially charge and we still couldn't connect to WiFi and the manual display would sometimes work and other times we couldn't get it to display anything. We then replaced the battery and it didn't make any difference so we called Nest Support. After troubleshooting on the phone with them for several minutes our support person talked with a supervisor who said they would no longer troubleshoot with us because we had changed the battery (which is exactly the same as the original battery). I think it is possible an automatic software update caused this issue and I'm very disappointed that Nest isn't willing to support their products. This is the last Nest product I will ever buy.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

At 1st my Nest indoor came seemed like the best thing since sliced bread. I used one in the house and the other for my outside garage area. Once your subscription/free trial is over Nest becomes almost useless. It will freeze up and go offline. I know the company has to make money but the services aren’t even worth it. Now I can see why there are so many resales on eBay and Amazon. I paid 225 for mines and have seen them listed for 125 resale. I wish I would have saved my money or just gone with another companies product. I will be selling mines soon as well.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Issues galore, ended up putting my old Honeywell thermostat back after spending over 20 hours trying to get this the Nest Learning 3rd generation thermostat to work. I really wanted this Nest thermostat to work and tried for three weeks to get it to function properly. First of all, let me start by saying I went to the Nest sight to pre-qualify my system. I have a Heat Pump, Coleman Brand (Made by York) that is about 6 years old (97% efficient). The only item out of the ordinary is usually heat pumps have an “emergency” or AUX heating option that goes to electric coils. My system goes to a propane furnace built into the system as its “Emergency” or AUX heat. It is not a “separate” system. All Heat Pumps, inherent to their design, have an “Emergency” or AUX heat component. The Heat Pump part of the system does not work well below 34 degrees outside temperature.

To start, it took three different support people, several hours each call to get this setup correctly. As it turns out, I followed the directions for the individual components that worked in test, but not together. On the third try (another factory reset, complete review of wiring, reprogramming etc. with yet another technician who had to be re-explained the prior issues) seemed to have gotten it to function. I live outside of Seattle and being December, it was cold for the Pacific Northwest.

After all was done, here is what I found: 1) Nest has something called heat pump balance, and this is how (and the only way) to have the system bring on “Emergency” or AUX heat. NEST has NO WAY to manually turn on AUX heat. The Balance said that it would bring in the AUX heat when the outside temperature was below 40. My system was blowing cold air one night, and it was cold in the house (62) even though the thermostat was set to 67. Outside temperature was 31. Lo an behold, the thermostat was requesting the Heat Pump “Heating”, not AUX heat. The only way to get it to go to AUX is by setting the thermostat to 78 degrees. What happened to doing it at an outside temp of 40? I checked the programming and it still said 40.

2) AUX heat, when requested, would start the propane furnace, run the furnace for about 40 minutes, then the furnace would stop, but not the blower. Again, blowing cold air and making it very cold in the house. To fix this, I either have to set the thermostat to off for about 5 to 10 minutes or turn the Furnace itself off and back on.

3) For the design of the system to function appropriately to the common design of heating systems which include a Heat Pump, this should be the default when requesting heat, with the thermostat will tell you “Heating” or “AUX Heating”. This worked most of the time, but every other day my system is blowing cold air again, and I can see the “Heating” on the thermostat and the blower is going, but the Heat Pump is not on. See #2 above for the repeat of behavior to manually bring on this state of the art device.

To say the least, it was very “cold in the house” the three weeks it was installed. I was just about to call a HVAC service technician as I thought there was something wrong with my system. Instead, I put my old Honeywell thermostat back on which is at least six years old when the furnace was installed. For the past week I have had NO ISSUES AT ALL. When it is below 34, the system automatically went to AUX heat, and it ran (well over 40 minutes) without any issue with the Propane furnace turning off, and at no time blowing cold air. In addition, as previously explained with the NEST system, we have had no use with heat being requested and the compressor not coming on as designed. At no time since re-installing the Honeywell thermostat has the experience of the system just blowing cold air occurred.

At this point I am very tired of fighting with this thermostat to do what it is supposed to, and really do not want to call nest support AGAIN to try and fix it. So I think I will just stick with my Honeywell, or try the WIFI edition of their thermostat. They have been in this industry a long time and seem to know what they are doing, Nest not so much.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. Purchased last spring and suffered, sweating through the summer as the thermostat, smart as it is and apparently smarter than I am, decided that I didn’t really want the temp set at 73, that it should be a lovely 80 degrees instead. I called in desperation and received “nice” but ineffective support, finally resulting in having a technician come to my home to set it up “properly.” It has worked ok for a few months and it is now mid January. Here we go again!!! It is very cold in Chicago and now my “smart” thermostat doesn’t “think” I really want it to be 70 in my house, but that surely I must prefer it to be set at 66!!! What a ridiculous piece of crap!! I don’t want a thermostat that refuses to obey my wishes and terrorizes me in my own home. Tomorrow I am heading to Home Depot to purchase a plain old, addled and not-very-smart thermostat, thank you very much.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I like these products but be careful about buying the bundles on the Nest website. If you buy a bundle and want to return something you have to return the whole bundle in order to get a refund for the one thing you want to return. The customer service reps you can tell are stressed out and tired. This is a terrible policy, I ended up returning many more products then I planned because of this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

The following is a timeline of my order process and dealing with the extremely terrible Nest Product Support. I received the wrong products and Nest has no way to exchange them, so I tried to return the products for a full refund, which they promptly messed up just like they messed up the entire order. November 26, 2018 - Placed order (Order No. **) with Black Friday Discounts for the following items: Two (2) Nest Learning Thermostats, One (1) Temperature Sensor. December 7, 2018 - Received order from Nest, however, the contents of the box did not reflect the products we ordered. We received the following items: One (1) Nest Thermostat, One (1) Temperature Sensor, One (1) Nest Protect.

Upon receipt of the wrong products, I contact Nest’s Customer Support and spent nearly 90 minutes on the phone with them, mostly on hold. I was told by a Supervisor that Nest could not simply send me the product (Nest thermostat) that I ordered in exchange for the Nest Protect. I would have to take the following course of action to correct their mistake. 1. Initiate a return with Customer Service. 2. Return the entire order. 3. Place a new order at full price on Nest’s website (which was now back ordered and products would not arrive until January 2019). 4. Contact customer support to get a price match for the Black Friday discount.

Upon hearing that I would have to pay another $500+ and be out a total of nearly $1,000 (before a refund) and having to wait 90 minutes for this “resolution” I chose to return the entire order for a full refund because this is terrible customer service and business practice in today’s world. And I’d rather not give them my money. December 20, 2019 - I was finally able to drop the package with the wrong products off at the Post Office. December 29, 2018 - I received an email from Nest, stating they received my package and would begin the refund process which could take 7-10 business days: December 31, 2018 - I received an email from Nest saying they had processed my return in the amount of $231.73. Recall that my original order was for $422.01. A difference of $190.28 owed to me.

January 3, 2019 - I contact Nest support and once again got to listen to their wonderful hold music for 30 minutes before a Supervisor could tell me that the reason for the partial return was because I only returned One (1) Nest Thermostat. I only received One (1) Thermostat which is the entire reason I returned the entire order.

At this point I contact my credit card company to issue a chargeback because Nest has clearly indicated they cannot competently do anything right and sent me the wrong products and has thus far incorrectly issued me a partial refund due to their complete incompetence. I just want the remaining balance of $190.28 rightfully refunded to me. At this point I have spent nearly two hours on the phone and two hours documenting and returning an order due to Nest’s mistake while they have held my money hostage for services/products not rendered as expected/promised. I want nothing more than to never have to deal with Nest ever again. Nest has made me a Ecobee customer =D, thanks Nest!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Spent 1.75 hours waiting for a "Senior Agent" to address a simple customer service delayed shipping issue. Dealt with 6 agents who were incompetent, unhelpful, and rude. If this is the level of service provided for a product that I haven't even received I cannot imagine what it would be like to request service on the actual product. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I purchased six of these for my home so I could operate them from my phone. Big Mistake. They do not work and are impossible to schedule. My power bills went up 30% after having them all installed. They might be the worst devices I have ever bought. Every professional HVAC guy I have spoken to says the same thing about them... They will not work consistently and are impossible to wire correctly and are not smart enough to tell you they are not set up correctly. Mine blow cold air when trying to heat the home. Total POS... At least I bought them at Costco and can rip them out and get my money back. :)

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I purchased a doorbell with a recording (Nest Aware) subscription. After a chat session and two phone calls, I have not been able to get the subscription running. As I experienced in the past with Nest thermostats, this company provides virtually no customer service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

When it works it's fine but it does not work consistently. It goes out very often. Actually way too often so I would not recommend. I also had some difficulty with the initial set up. I will admit I am not the most technical person but the customer service rep that was supposed to be helping me was equally bad and we could not get it done. Thankfully a friend came over and was able to do it for me so I give a thumbs down for customer service too.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I've had this for a little over a year now. The camera at first worked fine, picture and video was good as well as sound, but ever since the first frost, it goes in and out. It is supposed to be rated to -4 degrees. I am in the DC area and it doesn't get that cold. Now for the last few months when I am away and come back, the camera is not detecting that I am home again through the app and have to manually put the camera back on. Thought it was great initially, but not now. Too many problems. Will probably use another type of service later.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have been on the phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes trying to change the subscription. They transferred me 2 times and they don't know how to solve the problem. I am still waiting on the phone. Their website is not friendly either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I had Nest Aware subscription. I canceled the service in ample time. They still took out money from my account illegally. I have called and waited today for 1 hour and a half still trying to get my money back on my card.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Horrible! Expensive and very slow picture, low quality, bad customer support. Very disappointing given that it is owned by Google. This is a shame that they sell a camera for more than $200 and you get nothing. No functionality, slow pic in real time (delay of 2 min!!!), And the camera keeps showing blue circles of "thinking time" that gets it to be stuck for several minutes all the time. Also, I called customer support several times and they just play this ringtone stating "your call is important to us" but no one answers!!! I was waiting on the line more than 130 minutes!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Wanted outdoor camera, accidentally ordered indoor cameras (4 of them). Called to stop the order and change it. Told I couldn't, I would need to return them when they came and order the outdoor ones. Call back when I received them and get the return number. I did just that, FedEx brought the box of cameras, I opened it to make sure it held the cameras. Called Nest Labs, kept having customer service disconnect, or drop my calls even after asking me to provide a call back number. No one ever called me back. I chatted with one rep he told me he would send me an email telling me how to return it. But I had also talked to a rep... before the call dropped who said they would pay for the return. So I followed directions in the email and it said to return within 3 days - took it out the same day and sent it UPS.

Next day I received a prepaid label from a different rep. Both giving me different customer return numbers that are place right on the mailing label. I contacted them again telling them about this... Call being dropped several times and no one calling me. It seems each time I contacted them they gave me yet another case number. One rep would say one thing, another rep tell me another. SO they did get my return, wrote and told me they did. Then they turned around and only refunded me HALF... So they still owe me 532.00. I have been dealing with them for over 2 weeks now and they are asking me, now for another package to be returned...well I got one package with all 4 cameras in it.

Did anyone bother to look in the box they received back from me? No, they just know that 1 had one order for two sets of Two camera and there are now two customer return numbers because two reps issued two different numbers. Only one was used to ship the cameras back. I am losing hope of every seeing the other half of my refund! They should be able to check with FedEx to see how many packages was shipped to me (which they would see was 1 package). But they don't seem to have the time and inclination. At one point during this process a couple of reps had turned things around saying...”Oh so you didn't receive your outside cameras... We have them on the way to you.” WHEN I already had the outdoor cameras.

When I called saying I had those cameras not to send more, they were ALL over that problem. I finally said, “So I am the customer and have been complaining about only getting half of my 1100.00 dollar refund, no biggie, but let me mention I might be getting more cameras than I ordered...and you guys are all over it.” Yes, they figured that out right away, but still can't seem to get it together for my refund. This has to be the worst customer service I have ever, ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have five cameras and Nest doorbell. I was very pleased with the packaging and the ease of set up. I am a women and had no problems. What I am very disappointed about is the alerts especially on my doorbell. The alert noise is so soft, if I’m not holding my phone I don’t even hear it, if they do not push the doorbell. Which you do not have the option of changing the alert noise on your phone. By the Time I get alert which is always so delayed they are already gone. It is worthless. Plus if someone else comes before 30 min is up, you will not get an alert. Wish I would of done the ring. My fault!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

On support chat on how to hook up a wired temperature sensor for my in floor heating. Long wait. No help. Took roughly 3 - 5 minutes for each response from a question. The agent has multiple chats at a time. Gave me info from a different user. Told me I need to have a Nest Pro come to my house. For them to hook up a temperature sensor with two wires? Would not recommend. Looks like they can only give you information on what you already have in your manual.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

These people are crooks! I bought a doorbell camera ($250), have it professionally put in and had to have them wire it and put a chime in house ($500). Part was bad in Nest box (the puck that connects to chime). They sent a new one... Paid a guy to put it in ($100). It worked for 3 days and then fried my WHOLE system. Doorbell broke... 2 transformers and my chime... Paid electrician to come see what Happened ($100). Said faulty product... In $1000 and no daym doorbell. On hold for HOURS at a time and get disconnected. No callbacks. DO NOT BUY THESE PRODUCTS. Their company is a joke and a ripoff. They owe me money for this.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I purchased 2 security cameras and was looking to get them professionally installed. Their customer service team provided me with several companies they said were vetted to do the job. None of them said they could handle that kind of work and weren't sure what I was even talking about. When I voiced my frustration, they said they would line up the appt for me. After 3 reschedules, I called back in to get this issue handled once and for all and I have collectively been on hold today for over 3 hours trying to get a manager on the line because apparently they are the only ones who can help.

I'm still on hold over an hour later and they just disconnected me. I now have to wait in the queue all over again! Not to mention they put in the work order for the wrong product this last time. Each time I had to take a day off of work to be home for this and they haven't acted like this is inconsiderate. Buyer beware! Unless you are installing the products yourself, you're better off going somewhere else!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Nest Doorbell has fabulously quality picture and video. We put it together testing in home and downloaded the ‘Nest App’. Next day found an email regarding a trial ‘Nest Aware’ membership which would expire in a month. Googling ‘Nest subscription’ finding a monthly subscription of $10/month or $100 for the 1st year, increasing to $30/mo or $300/year after year one. Nowhere at the purchasing store or the constant mirage of TV ads do you read or hear anything regarding a subscription which would allow you to video or store video on the cloud. Without the subscription you lose video, any picture taken is deleted after 3-hours.

Reading most recent critiques, year 2018 May through 22 October 2018, not one consumer knew in advance about the subscription. There are other companies like ‘Skybell’ (a family member has one) with no fees. We chose Nest because of its slim look of a regular doorbell and we could purchase local. How does a USA based company do this to consumers? How greedy can these people be? Just money hungry individuals!!! This product has been returned it to the store.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

OMG... Are you kidding me... I’ll make it concise as possible. Camera images... good with “live” feed... images stored. Let’s just say I thought a black bear was on my proton Montana... After viewing the image many times I realized... from a slight color variation of my blue jeans and black jacket... the bear image was my backside. But this is not my main issue... The customer service... protocols... not in place... to ensure I have remote access to the visually impaired cameras isn’t possible for me. WHY?

I changed my Cell carrier and DID NOT KEEP my old number associated with my NEST account. When (after 5 attempts over calls... chats... rep after rep) I’m told that in order to protect my security I will to have my old cell number in order to receive verification codes sent (to access settings for the cameras... or subscribe for 5 bucks per camera per month services). So in short... I have no security (remotely) because NEST reps/admin CANNOT CHANGE my settings for me (to protect my security) where my old cell num gets deleted. The new cell # added... done... NOPE.

One would think this could be done with asking me security questions... of which they never inquire when initially setting up the NEST account. So you are at an impasse if this happens to you and you do not have the NEST camera’s identification numbers (on the back of each device) at hand... where you would be required to set up a NEW account... WITH a NEW EMAIL to view once again... your property for security purposes.

Hence the title of the BS... protecting my security whereby I won’t having any. Are you kidding me?!! I question. Ask me a “bank type” verification question! Street I grew up on... my first pet or school... to make sure I am who I say I am... to change a phone setting... to receive verification numbers... to log in to my account... to check on my property... for security. Sorry. After a total of 4-5 hours over a couple of weeks... each time thinking this should be resolvable... same conclusion. What a simple measure to help customers who no longer have their old cell number linked to their NEST account. NEST can’t help you if you are away from the cameras’ ID numbers.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I utilize Nest cameras for the protection of an elderly adult. In the first month one of the cameras completely stopped functioning. I have spent 3 hours with Nest and they do not have a way to fix the camera. I had to buy a new camera so that I would continue to have 3 total cameras in the home. I had to list it as a different room or the system would not recognize the new camera. Now even though the other camera is non functional the system is asking for a subscription for the new camera because I was forced to give it a different room name. Thus, I have 3 cameras working, but they are now trying to charge me for 4 total cameras.

Further, I tried to change the credit card that pays for this account and the system will not allow me to change the card despite the fact that I entered a new fully functional card. I spent an hour waiting for Chat and they could not fix the credit card issue and then had me log out which of course ended the chat! This company is a waste of time and money. Their customer support is non existent and they have no way to truly help the consumer. I am now on a 16 minute hold waiting to speak to a representative. Never again. I have paid good money for great aggravation and am left with a company that is incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I've been trying for two days to return the still sealed Nest Learning Thermostat. 30 minute telephone hold times, passed from rep to rep, no resolution, then disconnect. Day #2 the same! BAD company!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with customer service this afternoon. The customer service representative was very rude and unhelpful. She put me on hold for periods of 10 minutes at a time. Then the Nest phone system automatically hung up on me. She did call back. However, she was unable to help me. I asked to speak with her supervisor. She said that the supervisor was unavailable and that I would have to be put on hold... So, again, I waited about 10 minutes on hold... Then the Nest phone system again hung up on me... She called back... We did this drill about six times. Seriously. Six times or more. I know... Hard to believe.

Then she said that the supervisor would call me back within two hours. It has been three hours and I have not received a call back from Nest. The codes that I have created for the Nest are not working. I have guests that cannot access the home, since the codes do not work. I run an Airbnb business. I am losing money due to negligent and faulty Nest products. Nest is not offering me any sort of solution to the problem. They are one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with... Right up there with internet service providers and mobile telephone providers. I highly recommend that you stay away from Nest products and therewith save yourselves from the nightmares and headaches associated with Nest products and customer service.

Nest expert review by Lisa Montgomery

Formerly known as DropCam, the Nest Cam is a self-monitored camera that can be free-standing, mounted onto a tripod, or mounted onto any wall, including one with a metal surface thanks to its magnetic backing. The Nest Cam delivers a 130° wide-angle view straight to your mobile device so you always know when an unusual sound or movement is detected. Monitor your Nest Cam through a free app, which can also be linked to Nest’s thermostat and/or fire alarm/CO monitor to give your home total automation and security.

• No service plan necessary: Every Nest Cam comes with a free 30-day trial of Nest Aware, which gives you continuous footage and storage for up to 30 days. Nest Aware packages start at $10 a month, but if you don’t want to pay the extra cost, you can still use your camera without paying any monthly fee.

• Only buy what you need: Buy as many or few Nest Cams as you need for your home. Smaller homes might be fine with just one camera, while larger homes might want to buy two or three. Nest offers a discount when you buy three or more.

• Potential discounts: Nest works with insurance companies and other security companies to offer discounts to customers who work with their partners. Check out their website to see if you’re eligible.

• Geo-tracking: Because Nest Cam is linked to your phone, it knows when you’re away and will turn on automatically. If you have other Nest components, they will also turn on automatically when you are out of the house.

• Clip and save: Your Nest Cam captures all the moments that happen throughout the day, even the ones you want to remember forever. With Nest Aware, you can clip and save your favorite moments to a separate drive.

• Best for: Homeowners who just want a camera or two instead of a whole security system, parents who want to check on their kids who are home alone and those who want an easy DIY project.

Profile picture of Lisa Montgomery
    Lisa Montgomery Home Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.

Nest Company Information

nest.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.