Smarthome

Compare Home Automation Systems

Research top Home Automation Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The directions are written so a kid can understand them. It was my favorite thing to use and easy to understand and it is the best thing to use in this modern age. I would recommend this to my friends. It is very easy to install and use. It has a light to let you know it is working properly. This is something I never thought I would have in my home. This is a very good value for your money if you are looking for home security. When I am out knowing that things are okay at my house it has really given me peace of mind. This is the best use of technology that I've tried for home security systems. It is great knowing your home is safe when you are not there.

The installation experience was a good one. The installation was easy. I was able to do the installation myself with very little help in doing so. There are many offered services. They range from smart lighting, smart thermostats, smart appliances and smart home theatre. You can find something that pleases everyone. I am happy with the value. The value to my life has been wonderful and it makes my life a little easier and a little less stressful. It would add value to almost anyone's life. I am happy with the user experience. It is very easy to use and it is also very easy to teach others how to use. Even people without much experience with these types of things would be able to use it.

It is simple to install. All you have to do is follow the instructions and don't freelance. It took me under ten minutes to set everything to my liking. I strongly recommend it. This is something that I was really excited about. It comes with a bunch of great features and services that will fit your every need. The cost isn't that bad and when you consider what you get in return it is a very good value. You would not have buyer's remorse with this product. It is that good. My personal experience using this has been really good. It is reliable and works as I see fit. The one thing that is really cool is the controls. I have had zero problems with them and getting my settings set.

It is a great product, has many functions, which allow it to be useful. It is easy to use and is of great trust. My house is in good hands with this company, is fantastic. Great services. The correct value. Great experience.

This is so elementary and the time was of no concern. A good job was done by all you came to my house. The experience of this crew made me feel safe and secure and that is a total blessing. I will continue to support this company because they provide all of the tools I need to feel safe and secure. They offer many different services from home alarms to garage door opening to even locking the doors when you leave. You will never feel upset when you leave home knowing that this great company is right there for you. The total value in this service is knowing that whether you are in the house or at work, this company is there watching for you.

The value is the peace of mind you have when you leave your house. They do a great job and I trust them 100% or I would leave them and find another company to help me feel secure and safe. Easy as one-two-three. They are there with you 24 hours a day and will stand behind what they service because they care for you and your family. I trust these guys 100%. You will also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Smarthome?

My installation experience was very good. The service guys came to my house, brought the product in question with them and installed it in no time at all. The offered services were fast installation, making sure that I knew exactly how to use it, and made sure I was happy with the product I purchased. The value this product has brought to my life has been so good. This product has helped me feel safer knowing that I'll never have to worry again. The user experience has been really good. I have been using this product for over 1 year now and I have been very happy. No complaints here.

The installation was easy and didn't take a long time to be installed. It didn't make a mess and in general was a satisfactory work. The service was good. The product itself is easy to use and was very helpful. I would recommend this product to other people because it is easy to use and works well plus its installation isn't too long and is clean and effective.

I had my service turned off in 2014 because we were moving. When we got in our new home I called to have service reconnected. The tech showed up and said he could not set it up because we don't have satellite. He took our equipment and left. Now I am receiving a bill for service for 3469 dollars. I tried calling them to be put on hold for 45 min then they hung up on me.

Expert Review

Lisa MontgomeryHome Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.    More about Lisa→

Smarthome calls itself the Home Automation Superstore, offering a wide range of home automation products. The company was founded in 1992 in Irvine, CA.

• Online discounts: Smarthome offers online customers a discount to receive $10 off their first order.
  • Huge range of products: Smarthome offers customers a wide range of home automation devices, from sprinkler controls to self-watering plant systems to automatic thermostats and more.
  • Affordability: Because Smarthome does not install or monitor automation systems, they offer more affordable automating options than many of the other home automation companies.
  • Expert customer support team: The company has a support team that works 6 days a week that are trained in using and installing the company's products, so they can help customers who have questions or need help.
  • Same-day shipping: Smarthome offers free same-day shipping for all of their products, so customers can get their purchases as quickly as possible.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners, homeowners with large properties and homeowners with young children.

Compare Home Automation Systems