4.64/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a home automation system?

11 Honeywell Smart Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 4, 2018

I initially tried to do the installation myself but ran into some issues understanding the proper way to connect to the internet so I eventually called a professional to do the installation. I like the indoor and outdoor sensors and motion detectors that let you know if any doors or windows are opened, being able to control lighting and thermostat from smartphone. But I wish initial cost was less expensive and there are relays on internet connectivity. And living in the south it would be nice if it let me know the humidity level inside my home. Also louder alerts would be nice in case of something not working properly.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Honeywell is a great, trustworthy brand. You know you're dealing with professionals. I love that Honeywell Smart Home is expandable. The security is great and you have facial recognition. And it's also compatible with Alexa, which is awesome and makes everything so much simpler. My only complaint is an obvious one. Sometimes the idea of my house being fully connected on WiFi is a bit... creepy at times. I know these companies are trustworthy but sometimes... you can't help but think otherwise! Also, having a mailbox monitor would be a great addition to everything else. Overall, I love having peace of mind. It's great having control over certain appliances and especially the lights. It makes you feel safer, but also super pampered. It's like living the high life... only for much less.

Get expert buying tips about Home Automation Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I like how convenient and efficient it is to use the Honeywell Smart Home system. It was quite easy to set up and get a general idea of how to use it to meet whatever needs you may have. Anyone with even a rudimentary technological background and who can follow relatively simple instructions should be able to set up the system, have it up and running within 15 to 20 minutes and use it effectively with little to no issues. I like that the system can control multiple devices around your home while still being fairly easy to use. I have mine set to manage lighting, the thermometer and the garage door. It's wonderful.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I like my Honeywell Smart thermostat. It has a nice sleek design. And I like that I can pull up my phone app and change the temp of my home by pushing a few buttons on the phone. Set up was not as bad as I thought it would be. I like that I can be lazy and not go upstairs to my thermostat to change house temp. I also have these window sensors on all my windows and they tell me if anyone breaks into my house. My experience has been great. The system has been great, too, and it makes life more convenient.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My overall experience with Honeywell Smart Home has really been great. Installation was easy, the operation of the Honeywell devices has been pretty intuitive, and nothing has broken. I can be away from home and still be able to monitor activities there, adjust them according to the way I want them to appear, save on costs when no one is there or make it look like no one is there so burglars will be dissuaded from coming. I am really quite happy with the way things work and have never had any problems. It would be better if services were a little cheaper though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honeywell Smart Home?

Original review: June 22, 2018

I like how easy it is to use and that I am able to control it when I am away from my home. It makes daily living much easier for my family and I. I like the digital features and being able to save certain options. The ease of setup of my home automation system is fairly simple. It was guided, which makes it easy to complete. I am very satisfied with my home automation system and I am happy with the brand. It is high quality and so far I don't have any complaints. It isn't priced bad but I’d like the price to be lower.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My overall experience with this automation system is positive. I would recommend it to anyone that needs a new home automation system because this is the best one out there. It will keep your home safe. I like the whole automation system and that it notifies me through the app if someone is trying to break in. I am confident that burglars will not break in my home.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I like this system because it is very innovative. It allows me to be able to handle a lot of multiple things at once. I enjoy the experience. It allows me to be able to do things like reading, cooking, playing basketball and working out, and not have to worry about simple things like turning on the computer. Also, it can turn off and on the sprinklers. It allows me to find my contacts and call anyone I would like, and it turns off the television and turns on the washer and dryer. I think it is very neat and useful in my life. But it can be a little more invasion of privacy. I enjoy using the device but sometimes it can get too much information about your living habits, your spending habits, and in some cases all of the purchases and things that you do. Still, I enjoy the experience.

Original review: June 15, 2018

When I first set it up I could not get it to run all things and has a friend help. I really love how they showed me to use the app for it. You can see how far the tech has come with this stuff. I love being on top of turning ALL things off away from home. I use the app and it's on all our tech products. You have to make sure you have read the instructions very well. All in all love it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I really enjoy the experience, Honeywell Smart Home performs at a high quality rate and I have very few interruptions. I feel safe and secure and happy with the system. It’s innovative, reliable, easy to use, and intelligent. My security system also controls the heat and cooling. It does all the things I expect for it to do and it does well. All the functions and sensors work extremely well and is well coordinated.

Original review: April 5, 2018

My husband recently have bought a smart thermostat for our house. It is duplex house with 9 rooms in total and we have 5 family members and one pet Mr. Po ;). Most of the time as a housewife I stay at home with Po and my son and husband stay out of home due to their work and school purpose. To control my home temperature this thermostat is serving me very well though I don't know about the functionality of a smart thermostat too much but I can operate it to control temperature only and as a smart thermostat the shop owner told that it doesn't require too much interaction as it can learn the thing happens with it at the very first stages, so now it can understand what to do and leverage my task to control manually. I am satisfied with the service.

Honeywell Smart Home expert review by Lisa Montgomery

Honeywell is a name synonymous with home protection and heating and cooling systems. The legendary company has built on its reputation as a leading provider of home technology by developing a suite of home automation systems and connected products.

• Hands-free control: The touch panel that functions as a controller responds to voice commands, allowing homeowner to turn on lights, adjust the thermostat, arm the security system and more by simply stating their wishes.

• Remote services: Owners of Honeywell’s Tuxedo home automation system can receive important alerts about events occurring in the house. The information is sent directly to a consumer’s compatible mobile device.

• Video surveillance: Consumers can view up to four cameras from a Tuxedo touch panel, smartphone, tablet or Internet TV.

• Thermostats and security: Honeywell offers a many smart devices that can be integrated into a home automation ecosystem. Its thermostats and security devices are particularly innovative.

• Best for: Owners of any home, no matter the size, who are particularly interested in security and energy management features.

Profile picture of Lisa Montgomery
    Lisa Montgomery Home Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.

Honeywell Smart Home Company Information