Safe Streets USA Home Automation
4.65/5
  • 1 star
Based on 172 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a home automation system?

Safe Streets USA Home Automation

Safe Streets USA is now the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States. Our home monitoring is available through the ADT Pulse app. We have multiple call centers throughout the US to ensure our customers are taken care of. Safe Streets USA will provide your family with ADT monitored protection in case of smoke, intrusion, burglary and so much more. Call today to speak with one of our security professionals!

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 14, 2018

214 Safe Streets USA Home Automation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I had trouble in the beginning with being charged $100 installation after being told that fee would be waived. The rep that made the offer denied it. The supervisor pulled the call to find out that was the offer along with an additional camera at no additional charge. I would pay my bill, get a confirmation and have snapshots of the screen, but learned later that the payment was not going through. I do not live in the property and went there to find that the phone was being harassed by ADT and Safe Streets (I said this due to no voicemail and an empty house). I called to try to make the payment and they had cancelled (earlier the day I called) even though ADT could see where I tried payments.

I lock my payment source once payment confirmation is received. This rude woman at Safe Streets told me that all I could do was pay the cancellation fee of almost $1500 and I would still have no system. Then she said if I got others to sign up my fee would be cancelled. If I’m unhappy...why would I refer anybody! Why would I give you the money and still have no system? I wouldn’t recommend Safe Streets to a dead dog!!! I was told that ADT could have agreed to take payment for what I owed about $300 which I was prepared to pay, but they declined. Both ADT and Safe Streets kept saying the other was responsible. I’m glad to be rid of them and that bill! They are full of it...

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Everybody that I know has Safe Streets. Their customer service representatives on the phone were great. They set me right up for an appointment. And the guy who came out and installed everything was really good, too. He explained everything very well and gave me a card in case I had any question. We really like our system. We got a camera and it's kind of shabby. If somebody moves across the room, it doesn't see it for a little while. But other than that, everything else is great. We also use the Safe Streets smartphone features and they seem to work really well. So far, we haven't had any troubles with our system. So, I would recommend it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I feel good knowing we have our Safe Streets system. We moved down in the middle of nowhere and we're a little paranoid. We've picked ADT and they showed Safe Streets as my local provider. I pay 44.99 which is acceptable. And then, my insurance went down more than that, so it makes me even happier. The representatives at Safe Streets were helpful and very nice. Our system's features are good. And they tried to upsell me on some other things which I didn't want, but they were very nice about it. Their technician who came out was very professional and also very helpful. So, we had a very pleasant experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I wanted some protection for this big house since my sister stays here by herself. I got a security system from Safe Streets although I paid a little more than I thought I would because I needed more doors. But the system seems to be fine. The fellow who came here was competent and capable. Installation went fine and the installer was good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

We bought our first house, and we wanted an added security. I got out a lot of times at night, and it makes my wife feel more secured having one. I did a checking and Safe Streets was one of the things that came up. I also checked a couple of other companies, but I liked the program that Safe Streets were offering. The last family who lived there for over 30 years had a totally different set up. I called Safe Streets and they explained to me what they would do and how they would do it.

We set up an appointment, and on the day of the appointment, the guy showed up and he had a great personality and was extremely pleasant. He set everything up and explained everything to me. I have 3 sensors, and he explained to me what they did, one at a time. That way I set the alarm properly. He also made sure that I had the numbers so if I had any other questions, I can call him up when he was gone. Every thing made me feel secure, which is awesome.

I got the basic package, and we really like that we could do it by ourselves. For me, that’s very important because if I come home at night, I could turn it off with my phone, and I don’t have to come into the house and having the alarm blasting and waking people up. But, as time goes, if something changes, I will contact them to let them know that I wanted an upgrade. Their equipment works, and the keypad is very easy to navigate. Being old and forgetful, I need things like that. I’ve also downloaded the smartphone app, and when I hit the icon, it brings the app up. All I do then is type in my PIN and it accesses my system and it lets me turn it on, off, or whatever I needed to do at that point.

On the other hand, we’ve had the smoke alarm go off twice from cooking because my wife and I didn’t know how to turn the vent fan on. A lot of the times, I’ve gotten responses that our alarm went off. But for the first time, I got the call from somebody asking me about the alarm, three days later. My house would have been on fire and it took them 3 days to contact me.

Besides that, having Safe Streets gives us an added sense of security. I’m on the basement a lot. So, if I need to set the alarm and if somebody comes in, I’d know. it's loud enough to let know that somebody just came in. Even when the alarm's off, the sensors on the doors, beeps and says that door is open If somebody comes in the front door and comes into the garage. So, it gives me the opportunity to check. I like the way our system is set up because most of time, if somebody's coming by and is going to break in your house, they're going to take a look through the window. And if they see that you’ve got an alarm and the alarm is on, they're going to look for somebody else.

In addition, the cost is also fine because by purchasing this set up, it lowered my insurance. So, the cost is great because the deduction of my insurance is more than the cost of the system. I got almost $70 off my insurance. I’d recommend Safe Streets to my friends. And if they ask, I’d tell them that I've had good experience in setting up appointments, and dealing with the technicians. And even when they did call, they were very pleasant and they asked questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreets USA Home Automation?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I've always wanted a home security system for the outside of my house since we already had one inside. And I knew once I bought a house, I want to have an ADT installed on mine. I was trying to get my utilities up and running and was referred to Safe Streets. Their customer service was outstanding. They were very helpful when I needed some assistance. If I had any questions, they were to answer them. The installation team was very knowledgeable and the person who did the work went above and beyond. I was asking for one thing and then he made other recommendation so I was very satisfied with that. I'm happy with what I have right now. The ease of the remote have been very convenient. If I'd have a gripe with anything, it would be because they told me I would get at least a gift card for the installation fee within a couple of payments which I had been doing since October. I haven't received it yet but it's not a big deal. I'd recommend them still.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I just moved into a home and it has a security system there, so I just wanted it activated. I talked to an agent in Auburn and we discussed all the features and the monthly fee, and I thought that that was pretty reasonable coming from someone who had a Protection 1 system before, so that’s why I decided to go with Safe Streets. They were upfront too. My experience with them is fine so far. The technician came out, and he was prompt. He then explained everything to me. He also offered to come back and gave me his number in case I needed to call him to ask him something. The installation team put up the monitors that I purchased, and it is good right now.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Safe Street's customer service rep was very punctual and upfront. Also, the technician came about when he said he would arrive. Any questions I had, he answered. He explained everything very well and gave me plenty of documentations. The basic package worked and has been consistent, as well as its smartphone feature. The cost was very worth it because there was a very low entrance cost for me. I’d recommend Safe Streets to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I bought my first house and I wanted to have a security system in it. I called Safe Streets and made arrangements for a consultant to come out and do an assessment who went over well with what they had, and said that they would have someone from ADT to come out. They sent him out and the guy set the system up. He was on time, didn’t take long, and didn’t make a mess of my house. It was a good experience overall.

They had the promo that was a part of the move-in package and it was a free installation, but they charged me $100. If someone tells me that there's no cost to me for installation and the first thing they want is my credit card number, it creates a conflict in my brain. They tell me they'll give it back, but then they advertise it like it is going to be free. There is an option to that they will return your money, but I have to pay upfront. That presumes that I have $100 to give. It's a crazy expectation. It's a game to me and I don't like that part of it. If I knew someone that didn't have a $100, I wouldn't recommend ADT to him because I was told I have to wait for my money back to get everything. Then apart from the money I have to go to the website, call, wait online and all that stuff. It's a minor hassle, but I got a $200 rebate back on the credit card.

Also, one confusing thing was that I keep getting these promotions. I pay $44 a month, but I keep getting things that said they have something for $27 a month, but apparently that's not ideal for what I have. That's for a model that's lower and it doesn’t have what I have got, but for a person who didn’t have any kind of system in their house, that would be a good starter. I called on it and they said that it would be a downgrade from what I have. As for my equipment, it keeps me on my toes. It's responsive and seems to work fine. I also have a notification system if something happens to my house, if I'm here asleep or if I'm away.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I had ADT before but it was a different vendor that installed it, and Safe Streets is much more sophisticated than what I had originally. They also a lot more features and they're easier to use. I like the little panel where I can go over to and set it from there, and also check and see what's happening in different places. Compared to last time, I have different kinds of things to be checking for. My new system checks for carbon, carbon dioxide, monoxide and all that stuff too. The young man that came and installed it was very good. I'd recommend it to anybody, and if anybody asks, I'll be glad to tell them that it's a good system.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I always have a home security device and the one I had before got outdated. I looked at the different costs of getting that put back in versus a monthly payment. I decided to get a monthly payment thing with Safe Streets home security. A guy who was very professional came out and put the system in whose features are very adequate.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Safe Street was here for a couple of hours and explained everything to me and told me about why and where things were going, like the glass breaks, the motion sensors, the doors and windows. He ran me through the little control panel thing so I kept the book right next to my chair which I read every once in a while ‘cause I really don’t understand it all. I got the basics done like getting in and out and turning everything on and off.

Next to the front door, I set the alarm when I get outside. Somewhere between the front door and the side of house, I punched the button that opened the garage door and then I have to come on back in and turn it all off. But with its smartphone feature, I wait until I’m outside, in the truck and getting ready to leave and then I’ll set the alarm from the outside. I can turn it off if I don’t have a lot of things in my hands and when coming back in the house. Everything is nice, neat, tidy and seems to be working just fine. I would definitely recommend Safe Streets.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I like the system of Safe Streets and it has worked so far. This Thanksgiving, I found out how well the smoke alarm worked. Something was burning in the oven and it seemed to fill the house with smoke. And it was nice that the alarm company called right away. They were able to disable it for half an hour and clear the house out.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

It's good to get a home security system with our new house but I haven't used the features included in it yet.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Safe Streets USA installed my home monitoring system in the first week of October and their reps were very nice. The installation went really easy and the equipment seems good. The only thing they were wrong about was the dogs not setting off the motion detector, so I have to turn it off before it turns on the alarm. Also, they said they’d send me a hundred dollar gift card when they installed but I haven’t gotten it yet. Other than that, I like having a monitor system so that if something happens then there’s somebody to call the police. It's also a little safe when to be able to set it on when I’m home.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The home I purchased already had a system installed and it was just a matter of activating it. It was an easy process. I called Safe Streets USA in order to get it activated. They then sent an installation tech out to assess what was currently available in the house and see if any upgrades needed to be done. He determined that the main panel needed to be upgraded. We also upgraded the smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. Two additional glass breaks were also installed. He did a great job and answered all my questions. Plus, he walked me through how to use the system and made sure I had all the necessary information. They were friendly and informative. They've been great to work with, especially since this is my first time using such a service and I have no prior knowledge. I've been using them for two months and I'm satisfied so far. It's good value and gives me a sense of security. It's nice to know that if anything goes awry, I'll be alerted.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We moved into a better neighborhood and we wanted to get a security system because we wanted to feel comfortable with some of the collectibles that we have when we go away. We have a daughter that lives out of town and I go down there quite a bit. My daughter has ADT and a lot of other people around us have them too, so I am a little familiar with it. When we signed up, their sales reps were fine and everything was done over the phone. The installation guy that called me said that he was with ADT and I was surprised when he came that the system was from Safe Streets.

He said the system runs about $50 a month unless I got extra stuff, but I got the basic. He also said I was going to get free installation which would have saved me $99. He called me before he came out and when he came, he asked me where I wanted the things to be set. He did it so there was no wire showing all over my walls and he made sure I knew how to fix the system. He helped me hook up my phone to it so that I could access it with my phone as well. He was there for about five hours and he was really good. But he said I had to pay the installation fee, so I gave him $103. I wish I would have waited because I got a thing in the mail the week after I had it installed saying that I could have gotten the free installation and free window sensors. I just have the sensors on the doors and there’s one in the hallway. I called about the free items and they pretty much said I already got the system and it is what it is.

I tried to get my installation part back and everybody kept saying that they didn't have anything to do with it, so I gave up. Other than that, the quality of the system seems really good and it's easy to access. My husband is not very computer-oriented, so when I'm down at my daughter's, and there were a couple of times where he had to go somewhere, too, he would call me and tell me to go ahead and set the alarm, then I set it from my phone for him. That way, we know the house is secure. I like that the system will tell me how many times the doors open and close and all that kind of stuff. It's just me and my husband in the house, so when it opens and closes a whole bunch of times, I'm wondering what's going on.

Also, the installation guy gave me a dummy code. If somebody was in the house and told me to disarm the alarm system so that they could get whatever they wanted, I could punch in this dummy code. It would send a signal to the police department telling them to come and check things out. The Safe Streets USA alarm system is a good thing to have and it's great for peace of mind. If you travel or go away, or if you're not home that much, it's a good idea. Especially in this day and age, it seems like everybody is out to get whatever they can for nothing. With all the drug dealings and everything else going on around us, it's kind of scary. We worked way too hard to get what we got, so I want to try and keep my own stuff.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I knew that Safe Streets USA was good. My sister had it in Seattle, Washington and she told me it was good. I didn’t use their company in my last house either. I had someone else and Safe Streets USA is a bit better. It gives me more features. I like the equipment and the touch tone, which is good and I can operate it from my phone. The customer service rep talked really fast but I received him quite well. But his language was a little off and I couldn’t quite understand. He had a good approach and he didn’t rush me to anything. He felt confident. He went into detail with what I could do and where to go if I was always on the run. He highlighted on what the salesperson had already told me. The installer was polite and courteous and got the job done in and out. Anytime you can operate from your phone and you don’t have to be there personally to punch numbers is always good because I can always identify things with my phone and its alert button.

That’s something I never had before, even with the past system that I have had already bought previously at the time with another home. The cost is what it is. I could win another way and get somebody cheaper but I probably wouldn’t have gotten the quality of the alarm system as well. I went the best for my bucks. It hit my budget but it’s okay. It was within my budget. The rep told me if I had any problem, I could let him know. I’m getting ready to retire and having the house safe in case I’m going to be going out of town. I wasn’t going to get one at first because I have a little property and I don’t have alarm systems in them, but I have dogs who would watch out for the house. But this is my primary home where I’ll be staying. However, I don’t remember them sending me that $100 gift back in the mail. I’ve never received that and one of their representatives told me I was going to receive $100 back on the refund on the alarm systems.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I've had good luck with Safe Streets USA. I got the ones for the door and five of the glass breaks that set the alarm off. The installation went really well. The installer laid everything out on the counter, armed it through the main circuit, went around and he started putting the system up and was gone. However, I'm having a problem setting up their smartphone app features. I also got to sign a two-year deal with them, which is a bit sticky for me but I can live with it. I'm paying a bit less with them than what I was paying for my other house. I’m well satisfied with Safe Streets USA.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I've had Safe Streets USA Home Automation for almost four years now. I needed the basics but I needed the middle package so I got it. During the installation, the tech was very nice or I would have cancelled the service if he's not. So far, the quality of the equipment and the cost are good as I only pay $50 a month. Also, the system has every feature that I like. I use the smartphone feature, which is an ADT app, and I enjoy it. It's very convenient and I feel a little more secure now that I have my cameras. They were good, I like them and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a home security system for the security of my daughters in the house so that if something happens, they got a go-to as far as being able to be more secure in the house. I had an ADT at my old house and Safe Streets was referred to me by Consumers Energy when I transferred my gases. The rep I dealt with was very helpful. She gave me her personal line in case I'd have any questions. Safe Streets gave me some options. I needed the windows covered because I got an alarm system through ADT monitoring and I got the windows. They even threw in a couple of little extras for me. They put everything where I needed them to be.

The installation guy was spot on. My mom was home when the system was installed because I was at work but I talked to the guy on the phone. Any questions that he had, I was able to help him and vice-versa. The installation fees were low since I already had an existing ADT system. They waived a couple of fees for me and the price is about the same as I was paying before. I’m happy with the location of the unit and the way the system works. So far, it’s good.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I like to travel a lot and sometimes, I leave the house empty for one or two, even three weeks. With that, I decided to get a security system and went with Safe Streets. I used Monitronics before and they gave me a lot of problems when I sold the other house. When I bought this house, the real estate agent referred me to ADT and gave the address for Safe Streets. And then everything has been good. The people who did the installation were all very nice people. After everything was installed, the salesperson came back and checked everything. Just one thing that I don't like is when we open the garage door, it gives the scream, "Garage door!" If we opened the back door it goes, "Backdoor!", but it's okay. The customer service people are super good. They always give me an answer. And if they don't have the answer right away, the same day, somebody else calls. I'll recommend them to friends.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I heard that there were some robberies in the area and I work in the graveyard shift a lot. Although my kids are home and I have two dogs, it's still nice to have Safe Streets USA Home Automation's security system during the day when I'm not there. The one time it went off, it took me a little bit to get the alarm off because I didn't realize what was going on. I was outside and I must not have shut the door within 45 seconds when I did the “quick arm." However, I was surprised that I didn't get a call on my phone to check and make sure it wasn't an emergency. I like all the features of the system but I wish they weren't so pricey. I'd also like the idea of the glass shattering one but it was about $189 per room and I have way too many windows to afford that.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We moved to a new house and there was a security system there that we needed to get activated but it was old so we got a new one from Safe Streets. Their representatives gave me the information I needed over the phone to make a decision then their installers came out and installed the system. They answered my questions and explained everything. This security system has a lot more features than I opted to get at this point but it's pricing was competitive and was similar to what we paid for at our other home before we moved.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased my first house and I live by myself and have two dogs. I wanted a little more security. Safe Streets had the best options and reviews when I looked up all the different reviews from the different people and web pages. The people at Safe Streets were all very nice and very knowledgeable. The only thing that I didn't like was after I had moved into my house. I have a security system installed before I moved in. When I changed my address, I received a little package that said I was going to get all the contacts for free. But I had to pay $800 to get all my contacts and stuff installed. I emailed Safe Streets but nobody ever contacted me back about it. I read that I got a $100 credit from Safe Streets USA. But all the other ones, the installation was $99. That was pretty much the same across the board. But I didn't see anything where it was free installation of all the things after the fact.

Also, their installation guy showed up in a car that was super raggedy. I was a little concerned for my safety for a minute but he was very nice and knowledgeable. When he tried to sell all these contacts and a camera, he started out with quoting me $1200 for all of it. I said, "This is not going to happen. I'm sorry." I like to be safe, but I also don't feel like I need to live in Fort Knox and pay $1200 to install all of it. So, he brought it down to the $800, which I expected to pay money. I know it's not going to be free.

But if I would have known that they offer it for free, if you just have the right contact, apparently. That was one thing that I didn't like. But their tech installed all of it and it took 4 hours to install the system. I felt like it could have been done a little bit faster. I like the features though. The only thing I didn't understand that was never really mentioned to me is when you set the alarm with the master code, that nobody else can unlock the alarm. It's weird because what happens if I've been in an accident and I can't talk and my dog sitter comes by and tries to disarm the system. And the alarm just keeps going off because she can't disarm it with a code. I can arm it with her code. And then, she can disarm it with her code. Any other code that I set can disarm any other code, just not the master code.

The quality of the system is great. I have the phone app and it's not really compatible with my phone because everything is really small. The guy who installed the system and who downloaded the app with me said that it's more made for an iPad or a laptop. I said that doesn't make any sense to me because I usually don't carry my laptop or my iPad. But it works. I just have to zoom in on the stuff, so I can actually read. After installing Safe Streets, I definitely feel safer because I know the alarm is going to go off as soon as somebody tries to open a window or a door. I really would have loved the outdoor camera but I already paid $800 so I'm going to have to wait. It's a good overall experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We've been with Safe Streets for two months now. When we bought our new house, it already had ADT system in it. So it was an easy transition. Installation went very good and the installers were very efficient. They answered all of our questions and they were on time. The system has everything except the ability to arm and disarm from my phone. But I have the remote, so I'm happy to have the system right now. I also have the online account, which is easy to use to make a payment. Everything's great and user-friendly.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I’m living by myself in a home that I purchased. My parents used Safe Streets so I reached out to them then they got me set up. They told me what packages they had and what I could fit within my budget. The features they provided were standard but I noticed that I would need another monitor for my bathroom window. I have four windows and they provided sensors. I don’t know up to how many I can have but while the installer was great, he probably missed that window in the bathroom. Despite that, I now feel more safe for sure.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I bought a home security system to protect my home. It's very important to have one. I have a wife, a kid and I work all day. It's my first home and it's my dream. I worked at Best RV for three years and my boss used ADT in his business and he recommended them. So far, everything's fine with my system. I sometimes hear a noisy sound that comes from the device for a couple of seconds once or twice a day and I don't know if it's normal or not. But I tested the alarm myself and everything has worked.

Their reps are very good and knowledgeable. I contacted them a couple of times and they were very helpful. The tech that installed my device explained everything to me. It took him a couple of hours to install my device. I paid $200 for an extra sensor for my window and something for fire that's going to contact 911. The device is good. I have my monitor and my application. I set the alarm from my phone when we go outside. It's very easy. I also use another application for my payments and my statement.

The cost in relation to the quality of the system is fair. I'm very satisfied over that. A month after I had my system installed, I got another offer of $27.99 but it said only for new applicants. Because I'm one month late, I'm paying now $52 a month. Nevertheless, since having the system installed, I feel more secure. Every day before I sleep, I set the alarm. The only things I'd like to get answers to are the sound and the promotion. I have to call them back about these two stuff.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

For my family's security, I decided to get a home security system. When I heard about Safe Streets through ADT, I called ADT and got connected to Safe Streets. It was a good phone call and the person that came out for the installation was very professional. So far, I'm fine with the system. In fact, I'd tell my friends to look into them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We just bought a house. After inquiring through ADT, Safe Streets came and installed our security system a couple of months ago. Everything went well and the installation was quick. At night when we go to bed, I don't have to worry about people breaking in. Recently, the signal was disrupted for an hour or so. I heard a chirp noise, so I looked at it and it said something was not connected. When I called, they said the cellphone tower's being worked on and they're trying to reset it. But they said that as soon as they're done working on the cellphone towers, then that should be fine. Then an hour later, it was fine. Other than that, really no problems.

Safe Streets USA Home Automation Company Information

www.safestreetsusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use