Safe Streets USA Home Automation

Safe Streets USA is now the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States. Our home monitoring is available through the ADT Pulse app. We have multiple call centers throughout the US to ensure our customers are taken care of. Safe Streets USA will provide your family with ADT monitored protection in case of smoke, intrusion, burglary and so much more. Call today to speak with one of our security professionals!

Compare Home Automation Systems

Research top Home Automation Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My electric company has the Allconnect program to where they can get you in touch with the cable company or security company. So I got in touch with ADT, who runs the program through Safe Streets. They did a good job installing the device. I purchased a three-year contract and it includes the whole automation capabilities. I accidentally put in the distress code one time and the police department was here within 90 seconds, so that's pretty impressive.

I already have an alarm system at home, but I did not like its set up so I took advantage of the opportunities that Safe Streets offered. Their device was very easy to install because I had one of their consultants install everything. He was very knowledgeable, courteous and expediently doing his installation. I once called customer service because of what I thought was an issue with my system. I did something wrong and they corrected it right away. My spouse and children feel a lot safer having the alarm system.

I have been a customer with safe streets ADT for a 1 1/2 years. Recently my account was cancelled without my knowledge. I didn't receive any notification through mail or email. Since my account has been cancelled by Safe Streets, they expect me to pay $966 in which Safe Streets states this is the remainder of my contract due. I didn't personally cancel my account. No one from Safe Streets will tell me why my account was cancelled. I was directed to a collection agency instead. This company is a third party rip off. Beware.

We've been using Safe Streets as our home security provider for two months. Installing the Safe Streets Home Automation to our device went mostly fine. The only weird stuff is that we have an old system, and trying to figure the old system out was a little bit tough, but everything went fine. We've had good interactions with the reps. Since installing our device, the security system has been great. I was traveling for six weeks, so I was able to actually check on the house remotely and close doors, so that was a big difference.

Our cameras work fine except for the one in front of my home. Sometimes when I'm checking from another location, that camera never shows up and it takes a while. If I try later, it may come up but I never know when I'm gonna be able to see or not see that outdoor camera. I don’t know if that has anything to do with Safe Streets or the service here but I wish that was a little better. I tried to call their rep a couple of times right after about the outdoor camera but I could never reach him. He gave me his number so that I could call him if I had any problems while he was doing the hookups because it took two visits. I wasn't able to reach him after everything was done and I spent a lot of money.

But he was very informative, patient and reachable if I had any questions. The second time, he brought another person with him who was also very friendly. He explained everything while he was doing it and made sure everything hooked up to my phone and I was able to use it on my own. Everything that he needed to do, he did. I was supposed to get something on my garage but I heard that they stopped dealing with that product, so I would have liked to have had some type of alarm on my garage. I'd also like some panels to be able to see inside the house from a camera inside the home as opposed to always having to look on my cellphone. Overall, Safe Streets has been professional and reliable. I'm in a new home and a new community and I feel safer with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreets USA Home Automation?

I wasn't satisfied with the surveillance and security we had in our old house and Safe Streets was suggested by our insurance company so we decided to go with them for the full automation. We've been using it for about four months now. Unfortunately, we cannot control the thermostat because the ADT system will not communicate to our AC system as our system is too complicated for it. But we could turn lamps on and lock doors so we’re not getting the full benefit of the deal. Furthermore, the installation was a little haphazard. There were several trips that had to be made and lots of little adjustments but it wasn't really their fault.

The first installer did a good job. He showed up twice to get the install done but when he left, the windows upstairs weren’t throwing the code out. He probably thought he had that linked but it started later again throwing that code out so a different guy showed up and fixed that. The first rep came back a third time and ultimately fixed the cameras here, too. When this system was installed, we had to get used to setting an alarm because our kids don’t pay enough attention to setting the alarm. It was a fight getting through that but it hasn’t revolutionized anything. We’re in a secure neighborhood and almost everybody here has some type of security system because we get a discount on our insurance to install a security system. We could control our locks and doors when the kids forget to lock the doors also when we get the full package.

For a time, the camera wasn't working outside at all. I figured out what that was so I called and told them about it and they came out and fixed it. The wireless wasn’t reaching it from inside the house and they had to put a wireless extender out there which bugged us a bit because we had a lot of packages being delivered. We just moved into the house and had a garage sale and it didn’t take a single picture of the garage sale. People walked beneath that camera all day long. The camera utilized Wi-Fi and we were dropping Wi-Fi inside the house. The Wi-Fi was installed in the farthest corner of the house by the AT&T people and they did that because that’s where it was installed when the previous family lived here. It wasn’t a flawless install but it’s all figured out now.

However, their camera outside shows a smaller picture than what’s actually there when looking at it online, whether it’s on phone or iPad. When we play a clip back, all of a sudden it opens up into full-on live view shot. I talked to the installers about that and they said it’s a glitch that they haven’t figured out yet. I don’t understand why that’s such a hard thing to fix with today’s technology but that would be one of my bigger issues.

I would like to be able to go look upstairs in my daughter’s room. We don’t even go up there much and we’re constantly having to battle her to keep from turning the AC down too low. It would be nice for me to be able to use my device to look back and turn the AC back up but because of my air conditioning system and how advanced it is, the ADT automation’s plan won’t talk to it. So I’m not getting my full money’s worth out of it but for the most part, we’re happy with the system except for the camera and the thermostat control. It's adequate, helpful and affordable.

Safe Streets was recommended to me when I moved to my house and I've been with them for 2 months now. Installation was difficult because the internet service that I have was not installed on time. I have a satellite internet so the system is not really working for me. I can't use the camera outside, and I can't see any videos or it doesn't send me any motion from the outside. So, I'm really not happy with the internet. But, the service from Safe Streets is good.

I got Safe Streets' Pulse plan. Installation was very simple and easy to do. It's been convenient to be able to turn on my inside light if I'm not home before it gets dark. I had one time when the alarm was going off because my dog activated the motion sensor and I was able to disarm the system using the app. It's very helpful.

I have been with Safe Streets USA Home Automation for about a month. I chose them because it worked out for my situation and because of what they offered. One of the installers came, he was only there for about an hour and a half or so. He walked me through setting up the app on my phone and logging in and made sure I knew how to use everything. He was very helpful. When I'm away at night I now have that peace of mind. It's been great so far. It was very easy and it was a good process.

I called the the team one day to ask them how to work something and they walked me through it pretty simply. The device is nice, knowing that my wife is protected when I have to go out of town every now and then. I utilize the video system the most, I am able to see if something's going on in my house. It has been awesome, I really like it. One day, a friend came over, and since I hadn't locked the door, I instantly got a text message and an email, so it was nice to be aware. Safe Streets has been excellent and I'm glad I did the home automation.

I've been using Safe Streets USA Home Automation for two months. Its installation was okay. They had someone put it in. He gave us everything as advertised but he missed the key fob. I reached out to their customer service team because I wanted to move two of the sensors and our light isn’t working. But they said they wouldn’t send the service guy out to change the locations. They have no service and wouldn’t help me at all. In fact, I’m ready to have this system taken out.

We had some burglaries in the area, so we just started doing some research. Safe Streets is awesome. I have used them for three months and I'm still continuing to use the system. The installation guy explained what he was going to be doing and did it. He was not personal in a bad way, but he had some conversations and tried to make things a little more relaxed rather than some strangers in my house. I have rotating schedule at work, so I work nights sometimes and since the installation of Safe Streets my wife seems a lot more at peace when I'm not home and I feel better knowing that she's relaxed at home.

We've been using Safe Streets USA Home Automation for a little over a month. Somebody called to check and see if it was set up and if it was working right a few days after it was installed. I'm feeling much safer since the installation because we can check the cameras while we're out. If we forget to lock the door, we have the door lock thing. The only thing I don't like is that when I open doors that have the motion sensor, the chimes aren't chiming and if we have that option or if it's something I need to turn on. I wasn't sure if it's supposed to chime when the door opens for people that have it. Then if I open a window or open a door that has it attached, it would say, "Front door open, back door open," where there could be an alert because the door is open. We also have to put a brighter motion light on the outside because I'm just seeing car lights passing by and I can't really see at night and there's no night vision on the camera. Nevertheless, I like the cameras and I'm happy.

I didn’t want who I had for our home security. I was trying to find someone who could give me what I wanted and found ADT. We had them a long time ago. The installers they sent out were great. It was a pretty easy, seamless process. It is what they said it was going to be and I haven’t had any problem.

My wife wanted the most bang for the buck, and Safe Streets has the best deal that I know of. An installation team came out and installed the system, and they were professional and on time. Everything has been fine so far.

We like the simplicity of knowing that everything is secured, protected and automated. It's a lot less stress. Safe Streets is worry-free, professional, and a pretty simple system.

The rep that I called was nice and friendly, and the Safe Streets technician who came to install the system was good at it.

Safe Streets came out and checked out the ADT system which I've had for quite a while. They told us about the upgrade and we ended up getting it. It has been working great ever since the upgrade. They all did a great job and have been absolutely fantastic, from the people on the telephone that set up the appointment to the service rep guy who installed my video cameras.

I've been using SafeStreets for almost three months now. It was a little cheaper than other home automation providers in terms of what they offered with the package. It’s really a great experience having it installed because I get to monitor my house inside and out.

My experience with Safe Streets has been very good. I know that I can set the alarm anywhere and I can look in my camera. When I was upgrading to a different box, he told me about all these other features it had on.

SafeStreets gave me a lot of flexibility and freedom. I don't have to be conscious when I'm putting on the alarm. If something happens or I forgot about it, I just do it from my phone. The lady who knocked on my door promoting the system was very friendly, informative and answered all my questions. The installation guy was very quick in doing the installation. He explained all the details about the system and all the features.

I had ADT before at my other home, about 15 years ago. It worked for me before, so we stayed with it. It's just a surprise to me how much more it costs now. I got cameras added this time, but I don't even know how to get to the cameras on the computer. The Safe Streets mechanic who installed the system was a professional but I just wish he had more time given that I'm a senior citizen. Nevertheless I felt comfortable with the system because I knew it. Plus I feel a little safer at night because my system is on. Someone tried to break in my house and the cameras served as deterrent. I recommend ADT to anybody. They have a reputation and I know their system. I also know that they back up their own security system. They also have a proven good rapport with the police department because they've been around for a while.

Safe Streets installed my ADT system and it has been great. They just need to make the $100 mail-in rebate more feasible to get since I had to jump through hoops to get it. It took two hours to figure out where it was going and I had to get order numbers.

My sister and I had ADT before. ​She had the system where she could look inside her house from anywhere. That's why I pursued ADT, for that camera function. Safe Streets was prompt with installation. The technician answered questions, too. I didn’t have any problems. The system makes me feel a lot safer, especially when I’m not home. I was in Akron, Ohio this past week and I was able to check my home out. I was showing somebody how I could look into my home and they were asking about it. I told them I went through ADT through installment.

When I first put the security device in, I had just moved. Sometimes when others see new people moving in, they break in and steal appliances and stuff. I knew that as soon as Safe Streets came and put that system in, I don’t have to worry about anybody taking anything from me. The monitors and being able to look at the camera really gives me a sense of security. I don’t have to worry about going away and getting vandalized or robbed.

When we were signing up for DirecTV, the Safe Streets device was a special. We have their Pulse plan. Then, someone installed the device and the installation was good. The device was wonderful and we feel more comfortable.

I got Safe Streets through ADT, and everything was great from the beginning to the end. With Safe Streets, I feel safer, and I don't have worries. The system works and so I'd recommend them.

The old security service at the house was changed to Safe Streets. It had an older unit, so when we turned on the service the tech readjusted some of the motion sensors, put in a camera and took out the old box that we don't need anymore. I have an AT&T system in my other house but it took all day to install. This one is so much easier to arm and disarm and to install. The guy was in and out of here in 45 minutes and then he explained it to me too. I have the Pulse plan for two months now, and being in a new neighborhood, I have it set up in this house so I know that doors are opening when someone is coming in which gives me a sense of security. I'm very happy with the product and the service has been really great so far. The product works as described and it was very simple.

I have a great experience with SafeStreets. I like them for their longevity and quality of work. I had an installation tech come in and their team were good, nice, productive and efficient. Since we installed it, we have a feeling of security and less worry. However, one thing I don’t like is the door lock oftentimes just shuts down and we can’t even lock the door. We have to specifically lock it with our hand. If it keeps shutting down, I’m not going to continue the service.

We just bought a home and we've had Safe Streets since we moved. An installation tech came to install the device and they were very good and very helpful. We set the device before we go to bed or before we leave home, and we have less worries. I would recommend Safe Streets.

We used to have something very simple and very basic for our home automation system, but now we have a more sophisticated one. We have the cameras outside in our courtyard, in the front out through the back of our house. We have a system where we can turn on the lights from our cell phone. The technician from Safe Streets was very good and I liked him a lot. He made the experience very enjoyable.

He arrived when he said he would and was very knowledgeable. He answered all our questions and he made sure we knew what we were doing. When we have somebody that we have confidence in from the start, that helps a whole lot. He gave us his number too and told us not to hesitate to call him if we had any questions, and that he'd be more than happy to accommodate us. We did call him and left him a message. He was very prompt in returning our call to take care of the issue we were dealing with. The company's people also did a follow-up call to make sure everything was working.

The area we are live in is very remote and with the automation system, I feel a little bit more confident being away since the house is more secure. We can also open the house when we’re away. It's a little bit more reassuring to know that we have the cameras on the front and back and we can look in to see exactly what’s going on in our home at any time that we want on our smartphones. We’re very satisfied.

Safe Streets USA Home Automation Company Profile