Find a Home Automation Systems partner

SafeStreetsUSA Home Automation

4.6/5 (232 ratings)
Find a Home Automation Systems partner

Take a home security quiz

Get matched with an authorized partner.

Get started

About SafeStreetsUSA Home Automation

Safe Streets USA is now the largest ADT Authorized Company in the United States. Our home monitoring is available through the ADT Pulse app. We have multiple call centers throughout the US to ensure our customers are taken care of. Safe Streets USA will provide your family with ADT monitored protection in case of smoke, intrusion, burglary and so much more. Call today to speak with one of our security professionals!

Take a home security quiz

Get matched with an authorized partner.

Get started

SafeStreetsUSA Home Automation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreetsUSA Home Automation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SafeStreets USA Home Automation?

Original review: May 28, 2019

I am in the Birmingham, AL area and I purchased service on May 2, 2019 and as of today, May 28, 2019, I still have not gotten all of the components installed that the sales rep, Sean **, promised to me. To make it worse, the tech did something to my garage door that made it not shut all the way and it was like pulling teeth to get someone back out to my house to correct it. It blew my mind how such a big security issue was put off for over a week. The customer service takes forever to get a hold of. I was laughed at by one SS rep.

I've tried to cancel multiple times but they keep threatening me with paying 75% of the equipment cost which I will willingly give back to them. The cancellation period is three days that should start when all of the equipment is installed and working properly. Please save yourself a lot of hassle and order service directly from ADT. I thought I was ordering from ADT because the rep had an ADT badge and ADT van. It was very deceptive. If a SafeStreets rep shows up in your neighborhood, keep the door closed! If anyone from SafeStreets is reading this and wants to help in canceling my contract, please contact me ASAP!

Original review: July 25, 2018

On July 21, 2018 my 9 am appointment with ADT started off well because the technician showed up on time. Turns out this was the best and only part of my appointment that turned out well. After a few minutes of chatting, the technician indicated that he needed to plug in his system to see if his equipment would work with my current security system. I said that it was ok to make the test, but do not disconnect my system until we had an agreement on the installation and cost. FYI, when I made my appointment, the person on the phone indicated that they were sure that my old system was compatible with theirs.

The technician completely disregarded my wishes and started his installation process. Then they came in and said that none of my existing system would work with ADT equipment. He indicated that I needed an entirely new system and that was not problem since they had already powered up their panel. They started off by saying that the new system would cost around $5000.00, after their discounts which was rated to $1850. I told them no-way. After about an hour of negotiation and me constantly saying no, then ended up offering me a system that was less than what I already had for around $500.

I said no again. Then he call his manager who indicated that I was actually getting a good deal because even a system by ADT was better than their competitor. Again I said no and he tried to haggle for another 30 minutes. At this point they agreed to refund my money and take their system out. So as I waited for them to finish restoring my old system, they snuck out of the house and left my old system disconnected in pieces on the floor. Along the way they vandalized my old control panel so it would not work again. This was just the beginning of my problems. So I called ADT customer service and they said there was nothing they could do to get the technician back to reinstall my old system. Then to make matters worst they gave me a fax number to send pictures and to file a claim for the damages.

Next I spent 3 hours on the phone with the customer service department of my old system. Eventually I got to customer loyalty and they schedule a technician out to repair my system the next day. I have yet to collect any payment for the damages from ADT. This is my second bad experience with ADT. Based on this I have come to learn that their so called free system is never free. I will never let another ADT person in my house. Please beware of this company, they do not stand behind their work or their offer.

Get buying tips about Home Automation Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Poor installation. Even worse customer service. The customer service representative (not their fault for terrible company policies) offered 0 help in my dissatisfaction in my services and installation. The first agent offered to help me get out of my contract with ADT at no charge to me due to the poor installation. I guess a manager told they were wrong and cannot do that so they hung up on me. The next person I spoke to would not lift a finger to help. Avoid them at all costs. ADT and Safe Streets USA cannot be trusted.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was having a major problem with Safe Streets USA. I got the doorbell from them and they put in two smoke alarms and some door and window sensors. When the installer was done, he said that everything was fine and that the existing keypads from the old system that I had would work. However, my fire alarm keeps going off and I don’t know why, and we can’t call as Safe Streets didn’t give me a tech number. And I don’t even have it armed but it’s setting it off. It just did it two minutes ago and it did that at four this morning. It woke everybody up and I went through every room and the attics checking and there was no smoke.

When their local guy came by and checked it out, he decided that the alarm was defective, so he replaced it. He also said that the keypads were dead and my window sensors don’t work, too. He also said that just the smoke detector upstairs and the one downstairs worked. I got 4,300 square feet of space. He offered 200 and some odd dollars and he said that he can give me two more detectors as mine were dead. This really flipped me out. My understanding was those worked and that the windows sensors were good. I paid for the extra door sensors and the doorbell plus it’s costing me 58 bucks a month for three years. I was very much not a happy camper and he knew it. They’re a security company for me and I find out that all my detectors were not working and it’s going to cost me up to one thousand to replace them.

I told the tech that I’ll just go out and buy smoke and heat detectors and install them myself. The tech said that it won’t be good because the detectors won’t call the fire department. I said that if I have one on the backside of the upstairs, then the whole house will become engulfed through the attic before they even hit Safe Streets’ smoke alarm. Somebody should have told me something because I asked them specifically. Otherwise, I would have all of them taken out. I would have discussed it. The sensors on them are good, so that should be okay. Although I don’t know a lot about alarms, I knew the questions I asked and what was answered and what we agreed to.

My big thing is fire. It is something that can kill things and I have a couple of animals. I’m really cautious on that. This house was built in ’82 and I’m in the process of having it re-wired and all the electricals redone. I live in a really nice neighborhood and the Safe Streets guys think I can afford to spend $3,000 on everything I need, which is not completely the case. I could have gone back to another company but somebody called me and said that ADT is a good company, so I went with them instead.

I had the guy who came out and fixed this mess tear every smoke detector out. I didn’t care if there were holes in the walls. I just wanted them out because if they don’t work, I don’t want them. Safe Streets was really deceptive to me. I didn’t care about the windows. If somebody breaks in, it’s all insured. And I don’t care about material things. It’s all replaceable but a fire is a life-threatening emergency. I’m glad their guy told me that the detectors were dead. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have known. I assumed they were working. I’m a real estate broker, so with the last two sales that I was getting ready to get closed on, I told them to not go with Safe Streets and that I was lied to.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I had ADT through Brinks in Vegas. I live in LA now and when I got SafeStreets, I thought I was getting the same service but I didn't. I spent a lot of money on the sensors, then I got this thing in the mail from another ADT company which offered those sensors as part of their package. So I’m paying $80 per sensor which is equivalent to $800 to SafeStreets but somebody else offers that for free and I'm not satisfied with that. There should've been a better package from SafeStreets. Aside from that, the motion detector in the hallway is not lighting up and I need to have somebody come up because something's not right with that. Also, my sensor on the front door goes out automatically when I go away. So if I was going through the front door, the sensor wouldn't go off.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I'm pleased with Safe Streets so far. I'm single and I'm at home and it's like too big of a home and I know when people see that when I'm gone they may more than likely know I'm not there. So I was like a sitting duck and I guess it may be time to get a security system. I picked ADT. When I called in, they said something about Safe Streets. Everything was good. But the rep told me it was going to be like $36.99 a month. But when the guy got there to do it he told me the landline and the control unit had to be by a phone jack and I only had one phone jack at my house, in my bedroom. And I didn't want the control unit in my bedroom.

So he told me he could use the cellphone, which was going to be like $44.99 a month. And over the phone, when I called in, the guy didn't let me know that. But I ordered it. I wanted it in the living room so the cellphone was the only option I had to go with. The features offered in my system is good. It's everything I was looking for. I got two sensors on the wall, 3 door sensors and a hand remote thing. I'm paying a little than what I wanted to but it's good.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

It’s been fairly good with Safe Streets. We had a representative come out and install the system. They’re very nice, friendly and cordial people. They're also informative. We’ve had responses from ADT security group, notifying us with any alarms that have been triggered and that’s been successful. I have one issue with the sensors though. The battery is dying on it so I get that replaced and it's sending off false alarms so I have to deactivate that one sensor. Even so, Safe Streets does a good job. The cost is appropriate for their quality of service but I wish it was lower like other competitors out there. I may be looking at actually replacing the current system.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I want to make sure the home was safe so I purchased a home security system. I had ADT in my old home too. Safe Street's sales team were very polite. They came, did their job and departed and also asked if I had any questions. They did a good job and they explained everything they had put in. I felt confident that they knew what they were talking about and they maintained a professional demeanor. I like all the features of my system and it's set up the way I wanted it. The equipment itself was good and reliable. The smartphone features are also real easy to use and I like it. Safe Streets has a very reasonable cost too. I feel safer since having their system in my home.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

There were break-ins in my neighborhood so I called SafeStreets and they gave ADT a call then ADT transferred me to Safe Streets for my installation. Everyone was really nice and courteous. I had to reschedule my appointment once but it wasn’t an issue. They got me back on schedule a couple of weeks later which was perfect timing for me. And then the installer was super tidy, cleaned the area after he was done and did it efficiently. I like being able to arm and disarm my house from my phone or the little key fobs. I can set the door chimes when one of my nephews leave out the back door when they’re not supposed to. Since having SafeStreets I feel better leaving the house ‘cause I’m gone 15 hours a day. It’s nice knowing that if something happens, I’ll get an alert and the proper authority will get called. It’s hands-down recommended to use them. I recommended Safe Streets to a couple of people so far.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We went through ADT and then ADT assigned Safe Streets to me. I talked to them once just to confirm the appointment and then after that the installer came to the house. I talked to him as he set up the system. They were pleasant on both occasions. The installer came in early and he was done in about an hour or two. They’re great. Plus the features in our system is everything that we need and we were looking for. I have the smartphone features and they worked good. It’s nice when you forget to set the alarm and you can just go ahead and open your phone and do it that way. I feel secure since having the system.

SafeStreets USA Home Automation author review by Lisa Montgomery

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT’s authorized dealers, and they sell and install ADT-monitored home security systems exclusively. They operate in 44 states and the District of Columbia.

• Free quote: Simply fill out a short form on SafeStreets USA’s website to get your free quote on a monitored home security system.

• Upgrade to home automation: Home automation systems help you manage your home’s security and environment from your phone or tablet, even when you aren’t at home. Upgrade your security system to include home automation with ADT Pulse® for complete peace of mind.

• Transparent pricing plans: SafeStreets USA’s website offers information on pricing for each of their plans, so you know what to expect from the plan you choose when it’s time to buy one. Talk to a security professional to determine which plan is best for you and your home.

• Professional installation: All of SafeStreets USA’s plans are professionally installed, so you don’t need to worry about attempting a DIY installation. They give customers a one hour window for their installation appointments so you know when to expect them at your home, and same-day installation appointments are available.

by Lisa Montgomery Home Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.

SafeStreetsUSA Home Automation Company Information