About Protection 1 Home Automation
Protection 1 helps users control household functions remotely. Whether you forgot to lock your door, turn off your lights or adjust the thermostat, Protection 1 lets you do these things from your cellphone or computer. Customers can contact Protection 1 for a free evaluation and quote. The company offers professional installation and maintenance and 24/7 support.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- Geo services with reminders
- Alerts and notifications
- Mobile app-based control
- Packages require 36-month contract
- Early termination fees
Protection 1 lets homeowners control alarms, locks, lights, thermostats and more from their smartphone or computer. Customers can contact the company for a free evaluation and quote. Support is available 24/7.
What is Protection 1 Home Automation?
Protection 1 offers home automation service that you can add to a security system. It allows you to remotely control your alarm system, locks, lights, thermostat and more. Everything is accessible through your mobile phone, tablet or computer. Protection 1 provides 24/7 support and professional installation and maintenance.
How does Protection 1 Home Automation work?
Home automation from Protection 1 is available in two packages: Smart Control and Video. Both include:
- 24/7 monitoring
- Intrusion protection
- Environmental and life safety
- Monitored fire and carbon monoxide protection
- Cellular communication
- Two-way voice
- Camera-integrated motion detector
- Web and mobile control
- Energy and home automation
The Video package adds video surveillance using a wireless security camera. The lowest prices for these packages require a 36-month monitoring contract. To learn more or to order a package, you have to call the company’s sales department. You can also request a free quote online.
Protection 1 Home Automation products
Protection 1 offers a number of home automation products. These include:
- Remote security system: Remotely arm or disarm your system no matter where you are.
- Remote door locks: Check if you locked your doors, and lock and unlock your doors when you’re away from home.
- Video cameras: Watch video from your home’s wireless security cameras in real time.
- Remote lighting: Turn indoor and outdoor lights on and off and program them as needed.
- Remote thermostat: Manage energy usage and save money by monitoring and adjusting your thermostat remotely.
- Fire and carbon monoxide monitoring: Get warnings of fire and carbon monoxide. Protection 1 monitors your property for these threats and sends help if necessary.
- Geo services: Your system can remind you to adjust home settings based on the location of your smartphone.
- Remote doorbell: Receive a text or email notification when someone rings your doorbell.
- Remote garage door: Use your smartphone to check whether your garage door is open or closed. You can remotely open or close it or close it at a preset time.
Protection 1 Home Automation cost
The Smart Control plan starts at $49.99 per month, and Video starts at $54.99 a month. Starting prices require a 36-month monitoring contract. There is a $99 fee for installation, and early termination fees apply.
Protection 1 offers free evaluations and quotes. Contact the company to speak to a specialist and learn about current offers.
Protection 1 Home Automation FAQ
- Does Protection 1 home automation have a mobile app?
- Yes, Protection 1 has a free mobile app.
- Do I need Protection 1 monitoring to use Protection 1 home automation?
- Monitoring is required for an active Protection 1 security system that protects against intrusion, fire and carbon monoxide. The company’s packages that include home automation also include 24/7 monitoring.
- Does Protection 1 home automation have two-way communication?
- Protection 1 has a two-way communication system through the control panel of your security system. Two-way voice communication comes with both packages that include home automation.
- Does Protection 1 home automation require internet?
- An internet connection is only required for use with cameras, according to Protection 1. Ask a company specialist about internet requirements at the time you get a quote for home automation services.
Is Protection 1 Home Automation worth it?
Protection 1 offers some common and helpful home automation products. However, the lowest prices for Protection 1 packages require a 36-month contract, which might give some homeowners pause. We recommend shopping around to make sure you get the best deal for the home automation services you need.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,011,174 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I signed up on Feb 20, 2018 and since then my no services has ever been rendered to me, calling customer service been put through to talk two managers (Erica and Briana). On each occasion, no one was able to help me get services. All they kept saying is that someone signed for the package at my residence. The time of signing I was clearly at work at 2.15 pm, I possibly couldn't be at two places at the same time. I decided to cancel the account only to be informed that the contract is set for 3 three years and I have to pay $750 plus outstanding balance on the account which by the way was billed a month in advance, so it 19 July 2018 and balance is up to 20 August 2018. So to cancel this non-existent service, apparently, I have to pay for another month. I have had enough of this company terrorizing my life, no peace of mind. Not to mention the rude managers and very unhelpful almost as if it was designed to break my spirit in humanity.
Protection1 Home Automation has help my home especially since we live in a shady town. Most of the time it works as says but it mostly just a security system. I would improve on how fast it response time is to disable the alarm. It takes a while to actually go off.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
It's a good product. It's automatic, it is very efficient and helps me a lot in life. It was easy to install and had good instructions. It looks good in my house and it helps you save time not doing little tasks. I would definitely buy it all over again and would recommend it to everyone. However, it can be costly and difficult to find in stores. And sometimes if WiFi doesn't work it won't work and that isn't good. It also takes a lot of time to install but it was worth all the money I had to spend.
It was very easy to install. Super fast and was up and running in about one hour. It's been easy to use and make life so easy. I super happy with it and I love it. It's perfect and I couldn't ask for better quality. Like that no landline connection needed, no contract and 24/7 monitoring. I like the lighting system too and the doors it all remote controlled. I don't have to get out of the bed to turn off lights or even if I forget to lock the doors I can do it straight from my bed. But when we have a internet outage the house don't work. It can also be kinda hard for the kids to use and it can be really touchy at time. And the alarms go off a lot when it storms really bad. But other than that it's the best choice I have made.
This is a very good home automation system, brilliant in anticipating my family's needs and the children feel safe. It's customizable and has a lot of features, very good price and easy to maintain. Makes home automation seem like turning on a light switch. Technician came and setup was fine. But it needs to be more compatible with devices from other manufacturers like more without glitches because the Iot has good companies for certain devices and bad ones. Also very good support but would like it 24/7.
Protection1 Home Automation offered more versatile packages for different services and prices. It offers home security, smart thermostat, smart lights, and smart door locks. And all these things can be controlled by your mobile device. The system is linked to live agents who will contact you prior to contacting the police or EMS to confirm your emergency. I also really like that it is pet friendly and can distinguish between your pet and an intruder. The way this system works also cuts down drastically the amount of false alarms. I have had a very good experience with this home automation system. It was professionally installed in a timely manner after I was given a free quote. Protection1 Home Automation is a very reliable and affordable option.
Protection1 Home Automation is great for peace of mind. It's a very versatile system, an improvement of security, and a powerful automation at a low cost. It anticipates our daily routine. It's automatic and wired to entire home. But it can be glitchy sometimes, not always set the right way and not customized according to variable preferences. But this could be revamped. Otherwise decent, alarm security. Needs intallation. Battery life is decent but not the best.Overall experience is exciting when things don't have to be manually done, more important things to focus on. Protection1 Home Automation is artificial intelligence at its best.
Protection 1 Home Automation Company Information
- Company Name:
- Protection 1 Home Automation
- Year Founded:
- Lawrence Township
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.