3.86/5
Based on 7 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a home automation system?

7 Protection1 Home Automation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

I signed up on Feb 20, 2018 and since then my no services has ever been rendered to me, calling customer service been put through to talk two managers (Erica and Briana). On each occasion, no one was able to help me get services. All they kept saying is that someone signed for the package at my residence. The time of signing I was clearly at work at 2.15 pm, I possibly couldn't be at two places at the same time. I decided to cancel the account only to be informed that the contract is set for 3 three years and I have to pay $750 plus outstanding balance on the account which by the way was billed a month in advance, so it 19 July 2018 and balance is up to 20 August 2018. So to cancel this non-existent service, apparently, I have to pay for another month. I have had enough of this company terrorizing my life, no peace of mind. Not to mention the rude managers and very unhelpful almost as if it was designed to break my spirit in humanity.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Protection1 Home Automation has help my home especially since we live in a shady town. Most of the time it works as says but it mostly just a security system. I would improve on how fast it response time is to disable the alarm. It takes a while to actually go off.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 29, 2018

It's a good product. It's automatic, it is very efficient and helps me a lot in life. It was easy to install and had good instructions. It looks good in my house and it helps you save time not doing little tasks. I would definitely buy it all over again and would recommend it to everyone. However, it can be costly and difficult to find in stores. And sometimes if WiFi doesn't work it won't work and that isn't good. It also takes a lot of time to install but it was worth all the money I had to spend.

Original review: April 28, 2018

It was very easy to install. Super fast and was up and running in about one hour. It's been easy to use and make life so easy. I super happy with it and I love it. It's perfect and I couldn't ask for better quality. Like that no landline connection needed, no contract and 24/7 monitoring. I like the lighting system too and the doors it all remote controlled. I don't have to get out of the bed to turn off lights or even if I forget to lock the doors I can do it straight from my bed. But when we have a internet outage the house don't work. It can also be kinda hard for the kids to use and it can be really touchy at time. And the alarms go off a lot when it storms really bad. But other than that it's the best choice I have made.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This is a very good home automation system, brilliant in anticipating my family's needs and the children feel safe. It's customizable and has a lot of features, very good price and easy to maintain. Makes home automation seem like turning on a light switch. Technician came and setup was fine. But it needs to be more compatible with devices from other manufacturers like more without glitches because the Iot has good companies for certain devices and bad ones. Also very good support but would like it 24/7.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protection1 Home Automation?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Protection1 Home Automation offered more versatile packages for different services and prices. It offers home security, smart thermostat, smart lights, and smart door locks. And all these things can be controlled by your mobile device. The system is linked to live agents who will contact you prior to contacting the police or EMS to confirm your emergency. I also really like that it is pet friendly and can distinguish between your pet and an intruder. The way this system works also cuts down drastically the amount of false alarms. I have had a very good experience with this home automation system. It was professionally installed in a timely manner after I was given a free quote. Protection1 Home Automation is a very reliable and affordable option.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Protection1 Home Automation is great for peace of mind. It's a very versatile system, an improvement of security, and a powerful automation at a low cost. It anticipates our daily routine. It's automatic and wired to entire home. But it can be glitchy sometimes, not always set the right way and not customized according to variable preferences. But this could be revamped. Otherwise decent, alarm security. Needs intallation. Battery life is decent but not the best.Overall experience is exciting when things don't have to be manually done, more important things to focus on. Protection1 Home Automation is artificial intelligence at its best.

Protection1 Home Automation expert review by Lisa Montgomery

Protection1 Home Automation is a home automation and security company founded in 1988 in Lawrence, KS. The company now operates out of Romeoville, IL.

• Full security services: In addition to providing security technology and control options, Protection1 also offers monitoring services and staff that monitor the safety of customers' homes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Insurance discounts: Using Protection1 automated security systems can help customers get discounts on their homeowners insurance.

• Desktop and mobile control: Protection1's automated systems can be controlled by owners via an app on a mobile device or a desktop, which means they have convenient access to control wherever they are.

• Geo tracking: Protection1's services include geo tracking, which means that customers can control their automation systems based on their geographic location and proximity to their home.

• Professional installation: Protection1 offers full professional installation for services and technologies, and all technicians have been thoroughly background checked.

• Best for: Luxury homeowners, disabled homeowners, elderly homeowners and homeowners with young children.

Profile picture of Lisa Montgomery
    Lisa Montgomery

Home Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.

Protection1 Home Automation Company Information