toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that your system is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve and that you are receiving excellent customer service. Thanks for sharing your experience and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I have Frontpoint's wireless cameras and a front door lock attached to it. It’s a very easy system to install and to get into when I'm away from home by cellphone or by computer. It’s very accessible. Since having Frontpoint, I definitely have less worries and more peace of mind when I leave the house and when I sleep at night. Additionally, Frontpoint and I had a quite a bit of interaction in one day when I had a fire alarm and they were very professional and courteous.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great that your system is making you feel more secure and that the Interactive features are helpful when using your system! Thank you for the great review and let us know if there is anything you need in the future!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I have used Frontpoint for a year now. I installed the device myself. It took a little longer than I thought it was going to but they were able to guide me through the process pretty well. I was a little worried about that part but ended up being okay though. They were good and professional. I'm a technical person so, it was fairly easy for me to figure some things out. For someone that's maybe a little older, they'll have some challenges with it. But it was a good experience. We rely on the interactive feature and I even interact with the unit itself. They have it compatible with your smartphones and being able to get to it online is just probably been one of the best parts of it for us. They've been very good in support of the product, and there's a more secured feeling.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thank you for feedback, we're glad to hear that your installation went so smoothly. Because we want to make sure you're getting the most out of your system, we will have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to assist with your motion detectors. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I installed Frontpoint myself and that was all pretty easy. My only issue is with the motion detector. It detects my pugs although I have it at four feet. I don't know why it goes off and there's no solution. It's probably the most frustrating thing. I called them about it and I don't think I really got a good answer. My glass breaker also wigged out of us in the middle of the night one night and went off four times. I called about that and they just sent me a new one.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're happy to hear that you're system makes you feel more confident as providing peace of mind is always our goal! Thank you for the great review and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

The staff from Frontpoint were very helpful with setting the system up. I have the cameras which I can control through an app and it worked out well and I like them. The only thing is that the doorbell camera does not pick up people walking to it and I've been told that it's just due to the internet connection being slow. But other than that, I have a home security system that gives me no worries and makes me feel a little bit more confident.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear your set up when so smoothly and that our Support Team was able to get you everything you needed to mount your sensors!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Setting up the Frontpoint system was very easy. The only issue I've had is that some of their devices have adhesives that they are held on with and they don't always stick. But they've done good and sent replacements, so it was just fine. Dealing with their people has been very positive.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Davin, thank you for all of your feedback. We are glad to see that you were able to speak with our Support Supervisor, Darius, and that he was able to address all of your concerns in detail. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do for you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have a Ring alarm system and Frontpoint. Installing Frontpoint wasn't as easy as peel, stick and go. I set up some cameras about two weeks ago and it took myself and the rep on the phone about three and a half hours to do it. Most of their reps are really nice on the phone, but every time I get something from them, some things don't work the first time. I've always had to send something back.

I think that Frontpoint is a good company and I've already referred people to them, but only for the window and door sensors and the monitor. If you're going into anything else, it's definitely not worth it. It's just a gimmick. I do know that they are trying to stay within the industry's price point, but I believe it's a bit inflated. The price is totally overblown. I could buy three more cameras from Ring for another $500 and be done. Those cameras have night vision, speakers, and they’re wireless. Frontpoint’s cameras have wires attached to them and they have no interactive intercom system. But Frontpoint has me locked into this contract and their equipment is sub-par.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint Home Automation?

Installing Frontpoint was pretty easy. I'm not that adapted to computers so if I could do this, anyone could. Then, I called for the form you fill out for the police department and when we didn't realize we didn't turn the alarm off, their customer service was helpful. They've been very polite every time we've talked to somebody. We're really happy with it and the nice little security feature that we have. And it's easy for my daughter to be able to come in and out and be able to turn the system off and on. It also doesn't matter what door you go in, it's a one set alarm. I know with some systems you have to go in or out a certain door and so that's a convenience. We really like that.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear that our Support Team was able to help you with your control panel! It's always our goal to provide the the best customer experience possible and it sounds like you got just that. Thank you for the great review and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My sister told me about Frontpoint, and I went with them after I checked it out. Once I received the Frontpoint device, the installation was really simple. The pad got stuck once and it wouldn’t operate so I called the team at Frontpoint and they told me how to solve the problem. And a couple of times, I had trouble with the website and I’ve called them and they’ve resolved the issues. The gal that I originally talked to before I purchased the system and stayed with me through the process was very good. My experience has been very positive.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad that your system has met your expectations and that our Support Team was able to help you get your system up and running. We appreciate the feedback and ask that you reach out if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The installation of the Frontpoint device was really good. The only frustration I had was that we've got molding around our doors, and so the sensors that have to align on the doors and windows initially didn't. They sent spacers for that and that seemed to work fine. Their team was very friendly and helpful. The only drawback to all of this was I wish we would have known in detail how the sensors work and that they needed to be on a flat surface around the doors. Other than that, the people have always been very willing to spend to walk through whatever initial set of difficulties we had and provide additional equipment as necessary. It's been a good investment and a really economical choice.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear that the home automation features are making your system easier to use! Thank you for the great review!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I Googled security companies and checked consumer ratings and review sites, and Frontpoint was the highest reviewed. Their reputation is really well-earned. Customer service team is always responsive and we get someone right away. They seem to really want to help and make an effort to provide customer service. Setting up their security device was very easy.

We integrated our own door lock, and have the thermostat and flood sensor. We got the one light, which worked well but it was the big, clunky box. We have to plug it in so it's not a full smart-like solution but it's fine. We use it to turn our living room lights on and off. The biggest benefit of having Frontpoint is the peace of mind especially since this is the first house we've owned. Having the devices all in one place has been great. We're able to check the house when we're away for long periods of time to know if everything's okay.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the self install and that smartphone app is making your system easier to use!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Frontpoint was the first home security provider that was responsive. They weren't pushy and are straight-up friendly guys. They were informative and told me everything I needed to know, so I didn’t really have a lot of questions. Installation was the cool part. It was easy, and what was excellent was that I didn’t have to have an installer come out. I like the cell phone part of their service, too. I can take the system with me. Overall, I’m a satisfied customer and I have recommended them. I’m impressed with a lot of things.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so glad to hear that you're so satisfied with your system! Feel free to reach out if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I'm very happy with Frontpoint. Everything is great and I'm 100% satisfied. Their reps are also very nice and thorough. I love their interactive features which is one of the things that made me go with them. If they didn't have that I would not have their service. There's no comparison between them and Simplisafe which was my previous home security provider. I would give Frontpoint a 5 and Simplisafe a negative 0 (if there's such a thing).

Frontpoint Home Automation

Matt, thank you for sharing your feedback as it definitely helps us move forward as a company. We're very grateful to hear that the interactive features add more accessibility to your system. Because we want you to get the full value of your system we will have one of our Support Specialist reach out to you so that we can resolve any outstanding concerns in more detail. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My wife and I bought a place and we have never had any security service in the past. And so she was interested in me looking into them, so I started looking into a whole bunch of different options and then I eventually settled on Frontpoint. However, setting up their device was not as easy as I was expecting it to be. They’re little battery powered things that we stick around the house but they’re quite sensitive to how they’re positioned. And because people like door frames or walls, it just might not always be laid out in a way that’s easy. It was very hard for me to find spots where these things fit properly. I’ve had many interactions with their reps on the phone and they're always very friendly, not always super knowledgeable though.

Unexpectedly, the thing that I liked about it was we had a whole bunch of renovations done on our place over the summer and it was cool to use the system to know when the guys arrived, when they were on the second floor and when they were leaving. It was nice to keep an eye on our house without being there. So that was fun and that’s outside of the security function which I like. It’s nice to have. On the other hand, I’ve experienced numerous problems with the system and it’s very hard for me to reach anybody who doesn’t just want to troubleshoot the problems with me. However, to their credit, I like that they’re trying to fix it, but some things are not fixable. There are things I’d like them to change and it’s very hard to relay that feedback to them.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear our Support Team was able to get your thermostats back up and running!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I had a panel go bad and the new one doesn’t do well in my area going through the cell towers. I might have to switch to Comcast just because they can keep it going. I go on seasonal and whenever I do, I don’t have internet. If I go with Comcast, they’ll keep the internet on so the system can still work. The only thing I use with Frontpoint is their thermostats. The interactive feature is good when it works but it's giving me a problem. Customer service got my issue all squared away for now because the internet’s back on right now.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear that your installation went smoothly! Thank you for the great rating!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Frontpoint's security system was something that we could put together ourselves and we didn't need to have somebody come out to install it. Setting it up was real simple. In addition, I've called the team at Frontpoint because I was having trouble getting a bill that I needed for my online expenses, and they just relayed a bill by emailing it every month.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Great to hear that your installation went smoothly! Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

It was pretty easy to install my Frontpoint system, except that I don't have flat door frames or a window frame, so putting on those little sticker things don't apply if I have groove or neat door jambs. Right now I have a $0.26 sticker that keeps falling off because I can't just glue it to a flat surface next to the door, so I have to get a new one and call them.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear the system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I like the price-point, equipment, and ease of installation of Frontpoint. Their team was quick to call us the other day when our alarm went off. We didn't realize that there was a door ajar when we set the alarm. The device gives me more peace of mind. However, I need to be able to record the camera on a network drive when it's activated because otherwise, I know who's coming and going except for what gets recorded up on the website.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I first heard about Frontpoint through my son, then I did a little research. It looked like a decent program so I decided to go with them. The installation went very well. When the alarm was set off one time, I was able to talk their customer service and they were good. It was a false alarm, since it was my son who came in and didn’t know the code.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear everything is working how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I looked up security and Frontpoint Home Automation seemed to have great reviews. Installing their device was easy and their customer service team has been good every time I've talked to them. I've had an overall sense of balance for the home.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're happy to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Installing my Frontpoint device was easy. There wasn't a problem at all. I've called their customer service team a couple of times, like when a camera quit, and they have been really good. I always try to keep an alarm in the house and I got no problems.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us and ask that you please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward, as we are always here and happy to help you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Frontpoint's price was decent and I could set their system myself. Installation was easy-peasy. Everybody I've talked to with the company has been wonderful. Anytime I've needed something, somebody has always taken care of me and helped me. And I really appreciate everybody's kindness and hard work. My only complaint is their response time. When the alarm goes off, I don't like how long somebody waits before they call the department. I'm not a big fan of the delay in between the time the alarm is tripped and the time it gets called to somebody. I understand it's there to try and get rid of false alarms but in the heat of the moment and something going on, there needs to be a faster response. Apart from that, everything's good to go with Frontpoint. I've been satisfied and it's been excellent though they may wanna lower that bill somehow. But I've recommended it to my co-workers.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Alex we're happy to hear that your system is working how you need it to and that our Support Team was able to assist you with getting your payment information updated!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I went with Frontpoint Home Automation because I saw online that it was rated top amongst everybody. Also, I liked the idea that I could do the install myself. Installing it was easy to do. I feel easy knowing that there's an alarm on the house for when I'm away. There was a time when our credit cards were caught up in some fraud number so we had to get new ones, and their customer service reps were courteous and kind calling to ask for our new credit card numbers.

It would be great for somebody that kicks in the door and they hear an alarm. They'd go, “Oh, God. I better get out of here.” But it doesn’t sound the alarm to anybody more than somebody from the first floor. It's not very loud. I quite like it if I stand next to the device, but in the middle of the night, I want something that’s gonna wake me up too. Like one day, I was doing some work on the door jamb in the house. I popped the molding off. After we set the alarm, the molding again fell off and we're in our bedroom and were like, “What is that sound?” We could hear something but it wasn’t very loud.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that your system worked exactly how you needed it to! Thanks for sharing your story and please let us know if you ever need anything at all.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I did some research online and Frontpoint was one of the top rated companies so I looked into it a little bit more and I liked everything that they had to offer. I've been using them since summer and their people have been really nice and helpful every time I talk to them. Every call has been really great and they were really professional and always helped me to feel like I was important. My spouse installed the system and he said it was fairly easy but he had a little bit of a hard time trying to mount the magnetic pieces on the door frame because there was some unevenness there. Then on July 4th, somebody broke into my home and it was nice to have the system because it scared the burglar off. I appreciated that because I didn't have money to pay my bill that month but they kept it running. I would recommend Fronpoint.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Wow, it's so great to hear that your experience has been everything you read about! Thanks for the great review and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

Frontpoint got consistently high ratings from every source I could find and none of the other security providers were anywhere near as good. I've had them for almost a year at one place and less than a year at the other. I'm very satisfied with them so I repeated. One error that I remember making during my first installation was my own. I stuck my little magnet things up in the corner diagonally because that’s the only way they would fit on the molding in my door. Frontpoint sent me some replacements, so I put the replacements up.

The other minor glitch that I've had is so minor, I haven't even fixed it at my end. I had trouble with one of my receivers at an entry point not getting its signal to the central control unit, so Frontpoint sent me a long range transponder and I still haven't put it up. I just moved the whole unit to a more potential spot and I’m fine with that. They're vastly superior to anyone else I've ever dealt with in both technological and service respects and I've recommended them repeatedly to other people.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Frontpoint is the first security system I've ever had. My wife was the one who set up the system. However, we had little issues with the one in my shop, behind the house. It was too far away from the control panel and it wasn't working properly so we just quit using that one.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that your Security Consultant was able to help you create a customized system and that your setup was easy!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I like owning my own equipment and Frontpoint's contract didn't seem that out of line so I went with them. Their sales rep was very helpful and very nice, and installation was easy. Overall, it has been a fine experience.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that we are living up to your expectations and that you are happy with your system! Thank you for the wonderful recommendation and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Our neighbor was putting a security system in their house and he knew of someone who had Frontpoint before and was satisfied with it. I got some number, and I called from there and was impressed with how friendly the serviceman was. I've been using Frontpoint for a year now. Everything worked out just as it was described to me.

Frontpoint has been easy to work with and talk to. I enjoy the website and I’m happy with the arrangement. Installing it was quite easy, just follow the directions. I was really impressed with how quick everything went and how foolproof it was. I had some change of directory information and I spoke with someone about 11 months ago and that went very well. They were quite helpful. I would give a strong recommendation to anyone who’s looking.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's so great to hear that you are feeling more secure with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I feel more secure since setting up the Frontpoint security device. However, the contacts don't want to stick. I called them about it and they sent us some new strips and told us to use some glue. So, if we ever move, I don't know how we'll get them off. We also have the system sitting in our kitchen so if someone comes through our back door, I don't know what would happen when they unplug or take the batteries out. I'm also not happy with the monthly cost because we are seniors.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thank you for sharing your feedback and great suggestions with us!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

A friend of mine told me about Frontpoint and I've been using them for about a year and a half now on my second home. I feel secure because I’m not there very much. I’ve had a couple alarms go off and it’s because the batteries were low. The only thing is that I would like some type of notification once the police are sent out and let me know that there was no incident or issue or that they caught somebody. I had an alarm over the weekend and it was really early in the morning. They sent the police but there was no follow up so I couldn’t fall back to sleep and I was worried to death. Other than that, I’m satisfied with it.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that you were able to get your system all setup and that you have received all the help you needed!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was easy. The sensors need to face each other. Frontpoint needs to tell people about the direction of the sensors because I didn't find it anywhere in the instructions. Other than that, I'm fine with my experience and the reps have been very helpful when I called up.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I found Frontpoint online and I've been with them for a year now. It's been a fine experience overall. The installation was easy and I've talked to them when there were false alarms, and so far, I'm satisfied.

Question and Answers - Frontpoint Home Automation

What problem is Frontpoint trying to solve?

Put simply, Frontpoint wants to provide security that you can feel great about. We aim to take the hassle and confusion out of home security, and replace it with the right solutions and exceptional service not found anywhere else in the industry. And as technology continues to evolve, we aim to make it simple for customers to get the related advanced features (lights, locks, cameras) into their homes.

What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition?

What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition is our dedication to consistently providing the best customer experience possible – from initial sales call and throughout the customer lifecycle. Just take a look at the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site and others, and you’ll see how much customer satisfaction means to us.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Frontpoint fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Unlike many of our competitors, we focus on providing customers with the right systems to fit their homes and needs rather than on selling systems with the most equipment or the highest monthly monitoring plans. We work to ensure that every system we sell is made specifically for the home and people it will protect.

How does Frontpoint measure success?

We measure success by the growing number of safe and satisfied customers that we have nationwide. It’s why we do what we do, and as long as they’re happy, so are we.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Frontpoint?

Many people assume all alarm systems operate via a landline or internet connection. Frontpoint systems use neither. In fact, it’s our dedicated cellular monitoring at no additional cost that makes for a safer, more secure system.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The biggest shift in the last 5 to 10 years has been the rise of home automation. The prevalence of smartphones and tablets has enabled us to stay connected to everything, including our homes. As the “internet of things” continues to grow, so will the possibilities of the connected home, and Frontpoint plans to evolve with it.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Frontpoint?

We’re not like the “other guys.” We take pride in being honest, upfront and helpful. Also, when we say our systems are simple to set up and use, we actually mean it.

Has Frontpoint received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Frontpoint maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We have thousands of positive online reviews on community review sites across the internet.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Over the past eight years we’ve grown exponentially in just about every way imaginable (number of customers, number of employees, two locations). However, we’ve never lost sight of the vision we laid out when we started – make the world a safer place. We like to think we’re well on our way.

Frontpoint Home Automation Company Profile