About Frontpoint Home Automation
In addition to home security, Frontpoint also provides a wide range of home automation options. Our home automation features allow you to have complete control over your home. Save money and time by automating or remotely controlling your lighting and thermostat or gain peace of mind by securing your home remotely.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,010,719 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Terrible service and over priced. To make it almost impossible to cancel the service and just keep billing you. People are better off going to Ring or SimpliSafe. Cheaper, better product, better service and no contracts.
Hi, I need help canceling. I have called 877-602-5276 and select option #6. But I get left on hold for hours upon hours. I have done so for 3 days in a row. I have been a customer for 7 years. This is a very very very bad way to treat a long time customer.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
After purchasing the system and installing it, A few months later I was out, the alarm was activated and I got a message that the system had been activated. I called Frontpoint and they said they'd send someone. I left the store and got home in 10 minutes and no one had been called from Frontpoint---no police...so no one was there. And...Nothing had happened in the house-no break in, nothing. I called and Frontpoint had no reason. Then when Covid hit, I needed help with a sensor and NO ONE was available on the phone.
Then two weeks ago I began having a problem with what they call a "tamper" episode. I was home and opened and closed the door again to make sure all was ok. My system panel kept beeping so I tried to find information on the Frontpoint site---none was there regarding the beeping. I then called and tried to get help from a person. There again, was no one was available to answer. They said they were too busy handling emergency calls, so someone from the call center would call back. I received a message a few days later saying someone had tried to call, but I was home the whole time and NO ONE called. Today it happened again, so I called and was told someone would call back.
They do not have enough people working there to be called a security system. If I hadn't already paid so much money for the system, I'd change immediately. I bought this system to help alleviate the worry of someone breaking in, but now I am in the same situation as if I'd never purchased one and yet I am charged each month for supposedly having full security.
I used Frontpoint for years. Moved and called to stop account. At new home used Frontpoint again and didn’t realize they were still getting credit card payments that continued for 1 year. I’ve spoken several times with customer service and no one knows anything nor gets back to me. They keep harassing me with calls for unpaid balance but never resolved the 13 months they continued to be paid for a cancelled account. Terrible.
We've been very unhappy with Frontpoint's security system, but got ourselves stuck in a contract because we didn't realize how terrible Frontpoint is within the 60 days after signing. After a couple false alarms due to a faulty sensor which resulted in our local police telling us one more and we'd be charged a hefty fine, we thought we would still somewhat have the ability to self-monitor with our cameras via Frontpoint's app... except often times the app is buggy and won't even load. Another common occurrence is the servers lose communication. Very expensive for what it is and just as expensive if you try to cancel your contract early, believe me, we looked into it! We complained to Frontpoint's pathetic excuse of a customer support team and all they want to say is we should keep troubleshooting. Been there, done that.. By now, we're over it!!
I sold my house and transferred my security system & service to my home buyer effective March 30 and both of us signed the transfer doc. When I was still charged for April and the account rep who processed the transfer did not respond I was forced to call customer service. My expected wait time was greater than 90 minutes and the computer asked for a number to call back. Two days later, I got the call back and explained my dilemma. Customer Service transferred me to account services to find out why the transfer didn't take place. That blind transfer put me 167th in line and, again, the computer offer to have a rep call me back. After another 2 days, I got a call back from customer service, not account services, and they suggested I just cancel rather than transfer. I had already been billed for April, even though the transfer was supposed to be effective March 30 and when I canceled, I was charged for May as well.
Two big issues here:1. Is a security company who takes 2 days to call back really the company you want to count on if you have a fire or break-in?
2. Is the account services group so unorganized that they lose paperwork and can’t respond to customers or is the transfer to the new owner recommendation the entry into a fraudulent practice to gouge 2 more months of service fee out an exiting client?
This process cost me an extra $100 in addition to the time and frustration trying to close it out. And who knows what the new owner will have to pay to get the system started again.
Read BBB reviews. They are dishonest in my opinion. Very hard to disconnect and if you're lucky they will only bill you twice for the same month. Very rude customer service, with little knowledge. Wish I never got sucked in.
I called up Frontpoint for a quote. *Just* a quote following the suspected poisoning of my parrot. They called back, gave me the quote, then said "You don't want this to happen again, do you?" This was less that two hours after I watched my baby seize to death. So I agreed to buy from them. Once I entered my right mind, I tried to cancel. They put it off, promised me an extra week to decide. I called again a week later and I'm locked in for the next year. It is $400 to get out of a contract I was coerced into.
We have been FrontPoint customers for years and upon moving to a different state wanted to cancel the service. To be honest, we never really needed to interact with the customer service department until the communication about the cancellation. The cancellation communication with customer service has been bizarre, the same person answers the phone EVERY TIME you call the 800 number! Also, I just received a call from them asking for my husband, I said - 'this is not his phone number' and they hung up on me. No thank you, sorry, oh - ok! nothing. Just hung up like I annoyed them! I only know it was Frontpoint because I called the number back with caller ID. The email communications are the same, just 1 line curt answers to questions - no sign off in the emails, no pleasantries - like happy to help, thank you. Nothing. Incomplete, half information in the emails - absolutely bizarre!
Finally, their cancellation process seems to be some super secret as I have been unable to cancel the service for 3 months now and they keep charging me. I have an email confirming that I called them and cancelled the service, but they keep insisting that the process was not followed and keep charging me! I asked them what the process was and they asked me to read my contract, but won't tell me what to do to cancel! My advice, stick to the established companies for your home security - ADT, Simplisafe, Brink - anything other than Frontpoint. If customer service for billing is so difficult, I can't imagine how they would have handled communication during a home invasion or burglary!
UPDATED 12/11/2020: Now my alarm went off 191 times, would reset then go off again. They never called me or the police Dept this co is useless. Do yourself a favor go with a good co. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. When you call them the wait time is long from 1 hour to 2 hours.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: Frontpoint is the worst co I ever did business with. I do online billing and my payment goes out on the 15th of every month. They always claim they don’t get it so they have the box make noise all the time till they find my payment. They are a very low class company. It’s my own fault. I Use to have ADT for over 40 years. Never had a problem. Now the other problem is they never call the police when the alarm goes off. I have a complaint in the the attorney General consumer complain dept.
Frontpoint Home Automation author review by Lisa Montgomery
Frontpoint Security is an automated security company founded in 2007. Frontpoint Home Security is headquartered in Vienna, VA.
Wide geographic area: Frontpoint security works with customers in all 50 U.S. states, which means that people across the country have convenient access to their services.
Referral rewards program: Frontpoint offers customers a free month of monitoring for every new customer a current customer refers.
Fully-licensed company: The company holds specialized licenses in every required state in order to work with home security systems in an attempt to be the most compliant security system in the country.
Free quotes: Frontpoint Home Automation offers customers free quotes on their website, so customers can know exactly how much they can expect to pay for their service with no hidden or surprise fees.
Award-winning: The company has won many awards for its quality of services, including being named One of the Best Places to Work in Virginia.
Frontpoint Home Automation questions and answers
- What problem is Frontpoint trying to solve?
- Put simply, Frontpoint wants to provide security that you can feel great about. We aim to take the hassle and confusion out of home security, and replace it with the right solutions and exceptional service not found anywhere else in the industry. And as technology continues to evolve, we aim to make it simple for customers to get the related advanced features (lights, locks, cameras) into their homes.
- What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition?
- What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition is our dedication to consistently providing the best customer experience possible – from initial sales call and throughout the customer lifecycle. Just take a look at the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site and others, and you’ll see how much customer satisfaction means to us.
- What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Frontpoint fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Unlike many of our competitors, we focus on providing customers with the right systems to fit their homes and needs rather than on selling systems with the most equipment or the highest monthly monitoring plans. We work to ensure that every system we sell is made specifically for the home and people it will protect.
- How does Frontpoint measure success?
- We measure success by the growing number of safe and satisfied customers that we have nationwide. It’s why we do what we do, and as long as they’re happy, so are we.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Frontpoint?
- Many people assume all alarm systems operate via a landline or internet connection. Frontpoint systems use neither. In fact, it’s our dedicated cellular monitoring at no additional cost that makes for a safer, more secure system.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The biggest shift in the last 5 to 10 years has been the rise of home automation. The prevalence of smartphones and tablets has enabled us to stay connected to everything, including our homes. As the “internet of things” continues to grow, so will the possibilities of the connected home, and Frontpoint plans to evolve with it.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Frontpoint?
- We’re not like the “other guys.” We take pride in being honest, upfront and helpful. Also, when we say our systems are simple to set up and use, we actually mean it.
- Has Frontpoint received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Frontpoint maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We have thousands of positive online reviews on community review sites across the internet.
- How has your company grown or evolved?
- Over the past eight years we’ve grown exponentially in just about every way imaginable (number of customers, number of employees, two locations). However, we’ve never lost sight of the vision we laid out when we started – make the world a safer place. We like to think we’re well on our way.
Frontpoint Home Automation Company Information
- Company Name:
- Frontpoint Home Automation
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 1568 Spring Hill Road Suite 100
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.