This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
In addition to home security, Frontpoint also provides a wide range of home automation options. Our home automation features allow you to have complete control over your home. Save money and time by automating or remotely controlling your lighting and thermostat or gain peace of mind by securing your home remotely.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,464,228 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I called up Frontpoint for a quote. *Just* a quote following the suspected poisoning of my parrot. They called back, gave me the quote, then said "You don't want this to happen again, do you?" This was less that two hours after I watched my baby seize to death. So I agreed to buy from them. Once I entered my right mind, I tried to cancel. They put it off, promised me an extra week to decide. I called again a week later and I'm locked in for the next year. It is $400 to get out of a contract I was coerced into.
We have been FrontPoint customers for years and upon moving to a different state wanted to cancel the service. To be honest, we never really needed to interact with the customer service department until the communication about the cancellation. The cancellation communication with customer service has been bizarre, the same person answers the phone EVERY TIME you call the 800 number! Also, I just received a call from them asking for my husband, I said - 'this is not his phone number' and they hung up on me. No thank you, sorry, oh - ok! nothing. Just hung up like I annoyed them! I only know it was Frontpoint because I called the number back with caller ID. The email communications are the same, just 1 line curt answers to questions - no sign off in the emails, no pleasantries - like happy to help, thank you. Nothing. Incomplete, half information in the emails - absolutely bizarre!
Finally, their cancellation process seems to be some super secret as I have been unable to cancel the service for 3 months now and they keep charging me. I have an email confirming that I called them and cancelled the service, but they keep insisting that the process was not followed and keep charging me! I asked them what the process was and they asked me to read my contract, but won't tell me what to do to cancel! My advice, stick to the established companies for your home security - ADT, Simplisafe, Brink - anything other than Frontpoint. If customer service for billing is so difficult, I can't imagine how they would have handled communication during a home invasion or burglary!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Frontpoint is the worst co I ever did business with. I do online billing and my payment goes out on the 15th of every month. They always claim they don’t get it so they have the box make noise all the time till they find my payment. They are a very low class company. It’s my own fault. I Use to have ADT for over 40 years. Never had a problem. Now the other problem is they never call the police when the alarm goes off. I have a complaint in the the attorney General consumer complain dept.
Over the years, I've had affiliations with many top-drawer security companies. I must say that Frontpoint is the best company that I've used. I am an right-hand amputee and was worried that installing the system myself might prove difficult, but it was surprisingly easy. The online and hard copy materials provided hold your hand and guide you through the process. The few times that I had questions that needed human support, their personnel were accessible, knowledgeable, patient and professional (in a friendly manner). I use both the key fob and phone app to control the system, and find them both easy to use. This is in no way a knock against some other firms that I've used, I'm just stating that this company serves my purposes better.
We had the service for four years when my family had a major change and we could not keep the service. Our contract was up so I called to cancel. We had been very patient with the company on the lack of quality equipment that was constantly breaking and having to be returned. At one point we were downgraded at no fault of our own because they were having equipment issues. (They took us from a touch screen monitor to a key panel.) we were not happy but what do you do.
When I called I was told that they could give us six months free service because of our situation. However they kept billing up. So I called today to cancel and they are telling me because we accepted the 6 months free we owe the nine months. This company is not to be trusted!!!! They will say anything to lock you in. They broke the agreement first by not sending us the equipment we paid for and then by continuing to charge us for service after they told us there would no charge, and now this.
Bought system but never used or activated. Called to cancel and get refund. Told I was past the 1 month "trial" and even though never installed or activated I could not get a refund or "get out of my contract" even though they said "no contracts". Deceptive company. Avoid them like the plague. Saw many other complaints about "not being able to cancel 3 year contract. Read all the complaints before buying this "money pit". I might have to lose the purchase price but this crooked company will not get another dollar from me. Dr David **
Had Frontpoint for 5 years with no issues, when I moved they forced me to buy their new hub instead of using my existing panel. Then all the sensors started causing false alarms and I've accumulated $1100 in false alarm fines from my police department in 4 months! They keep forcing me to troubleshoot with them and sending me new sensors but the last conclusion is that I should switch to my original panel - which they initially lied and refused to let me use. They won't let me out of the contract and they want me to pay for more parts. Thieves and liars, not to mention hours and hours on the phone. STAY AWAY!!!!
My alarm went off at 3:00 AM for no apparent reason. I expected Frontpoint to call me for a wellness check and they never did. I had to call them and was told they had no record of my alarm going off. I had to call technical support later that day to find out why this was happening. I was told that my 2G hub/keypad was outdated and not communicating to them. Apparently they switched to a 4G system 8 months ago and I was not notified. I called today to cancel my service only to be told that I will be billed for November for a service that I am not receiving and have not received for the past 8 months. Not only should I not have to pay for November but I should be reimbursed for the past 8 months of so called service that I paid for and received zero monitoring.
I was told that had I checked my mobile app I would have realized that my hub/keypad wasn't communicating to them. Thankfully that 3:00 AM alarm was a false alarm and we did not require emergency personnel to be sent to our house. I hate to think of what might have happened if this was an actual emergency since we were under the expectation that we were being covered/protected. Frontpoint needs to implement better business practices and take responsibility for their inaction to alert their customers of a system upgrade. I should have been called and a new hub automatically sent to me knowing that mine was outdated. Instead, they threw the responsibility onto me by telling me I should have checked my app.
This company is very hard to cancel. They tell you on the phone you can cancel your service after the contract is up but try to pass you on to another department then require a written cancellation and 30 day notice process that creates an additional barrier that allows them to keep billing you. They will hound you day and night for small balances and have no customer satisfaction concerns. Bad to deal with - there are better systems out there.
My wife and I researched several of the various alarm system companies 2 years ago prior to purchasing with Frontpoint. We specifically chose them due to the fact that they “don’t require a contact”. When we signed up, the salesperson said Nothing about a contract. We gladly ordered our equipment and got set up with frontpoint. Fast forward to the today and upon calling to cancel I learned that we were locked into a 3 year contract and we had to pay 80% of the remainder to cancel their services.
What really bad is that I referred my mother in law to frontpoint and had been someone who would tell others about frontpoint. I will never be a customer of theirs again and I plan to tell my mother in law to leave their services ASAP. I also plan to tell all my friends and family to avoid them like the plague. They’re deceitful and dishonest in their business dealings.
Frontpoint Home Automation author review by Lisa Montgomery
Frontpoint Security is an automated security company founded in 2007. Frontpoint Home Security is headquartered in Vienna, VA.
Wide geographic area: Frontpoint security works with customers in all 50 U.S. states, which means that people across the country have convenient access to their services.
Referral rewards program: Frontpoint offers customers a free month of monitoring for every new customer a current customer refers.
Fully-licensed company: The company holds specialized licenses in every required state in order to work with home security systems in an attempt to be the most compliant security system in the country.
Free quotes: Frontpoint Home Automation offers customers free quotes on their website, so customers can know exactly how much they can expect to pay for their service with no hidden or surprise fees.
Award-winning: The company has won many awards for its quality of services, including being named One of the Best Places to Work in Virginia.
Frontpoint Home Automation questions and answers
- What problem is Frontpoint trying to solve?
- Put simply, Frontpoint wants to provide security that you can feel great about. We aim to take the hassle and confusion out of home security, and replace it with the right solutions and exceptional service not found anywhere else in the industry. And as technology continues to evolve, we aim to make it simple for customers to get the related advanced features (lights, locks, cameras) into their homes.
- What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition?
- What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition is our dedication to consistently providing the best customer experience possible – from initial sales call and throughout the customer lifecycle. Just take a look at the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site and others, and you’ll see how much customer satisfaction means to us.
- What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Frontpoint fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Unlike many of our competitors, we focus on providing customers with the right systems to fit their homes and needs rather than on selling systems with the most equipment or the highest monthly monitoring plans. We work to ensure that every system we sell is made specifically for the home and people it will protect.
- How does Frontpoint measure success?
- We measure success by the growing number of safe and satisfied customers that we have nationwide. It’s why we do what we do, and as long as they’re happy, so are we.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Frontpoint?
- Many people assume all alarm systems operate via a landline or internet connection. Frontpoint systems use neither. In fact, it’s our dedicated cellular monitoring at no additional cost that makes for a safer, more secure system.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The biggest shift in the last 5 to 10 years has been the rise of home automation. The prevalence of smartphones and tablets has enabled us to stay connected to everything, including our homes. As the “internet of things” continues to grow, so will the possibilities of the connected home, and Frontpoint plans to evolve with it.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Frontpoint?
- We’re not like the “other guys.” We take pride in being honest, upfront and helpful. Also, when we say our systems are simple to set up and use, we actually mean it.
- Has Frontpoint received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Frontpoint maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We have thousands of positive online reviews on community review sites across the internet.
- How has your company grown or evolved?
- Over the past eight years we’ve grown exponentially in just about every way imaginable (number of customers, number of employees, two locations). However, we’ve never lost sight of the vision we laid out when we started – make the world a safer place. We like to think we’re well on our way.
Frontpoint Home Automation Company Information
- Company Name:
- Frontpoint Home Automation
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 1568 Spring Hill Road Suite 100
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (866) 923-3426
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.