toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that your system is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve and that you are receiving excellent customer service. Thanks for sharing your experience and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I have Frontpoint's wireless cameras and a front door lock attached to it. It’s a very easy system to install and to get into when I'm away from home by cellphone or by computer. It’s very accessible. Since having Frontpoint, I definitely have less worries and more peace of mind when I leave the house and when I sleep at night. Additionally, Frontpoint and I had a quite a bit of interaction in one day when I had a fire alarm and they were very professional and courteous.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear our Support Team was able to get your thermostats back up and running!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I had a panel go bad and the new one doesn’t do well in my area going through the cell towers. I might have to switch to Comcast just because they can keep it going. I go on seasonal and whenever I do, I don’t have internet. If I go with Comcast, they’ll keep the internet on so the system can still work. The only thing I use with Frontpoint is their thermostats. The interactive feature is good when it works but it's giving me a problem. Customer service got my issue all squared away for now because the internet’s back on right now.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear that your installation went smoothly! Thank you for the great rating!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Frontpoint's security system was something that we could put together ourselves and we didn't need to have somebody come out to install it. Setting it up was real simple. In addition, I've called the team at Frontpoint because I was having trouble getting a bill that I needed for my online expenses, and they just relayed a bill by emailing it every month.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Great to hear that your installation went smoothly! Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

It was pretty easy to install my Frontpoint system, except that I don't have flat door frames or a window frame, so putting on those little sticker things don't apply if I have groove or neat door jambs. Right now I have a $0.26 sticker that keeps falling off because I can't just glue it to a flat surface next to the door, so I have to get a new one and call them.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear the system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I like the price-point, equipment, and ease of installation of Frontpoint. Their team was quick to call us the other day when our alarm went off. We didn't realize that there was a door ajar when we set the alarm. The device gives me more peace of mind. However, I need to be able to record the camera on a network drive when it's activated because otherwise, I know who's coming and going except for what gets recorded up on the website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint Home Automation?

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I first heard about Frontpoint through my son, then I did a little research. It looked like a decent program so I decided to go with them. The installation went very well. When the alarm was set off one time, I was able to talk their customer service and they were good. It was a false alarm, since it was my son who came in and didn’t know the code.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're glad to hear everything is working how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I looked up security and Frontpoint Home Automation seemed to have great reviews. Installing their device was easy and their customer service team has been good every time I've talked to them. I've had an overall sense of balance for the home.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're happy to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Installing my Frontpoint device was easy. There wasn't a problem at all. I've called their customer service team a couple of times, like when a camera quit, and they have been really good. I always try to keep an alarm in the house and I got no problems.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us and ask that you please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward, as we are always here and happy to help you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Frontpoint's price was decent and I could set their system myself. Installation was easy-peasy. Everybody I've talked to with the company has been wonderful. Anytime I've needed something, somebody has always taken care of me and helped me. And I really appreciate everybody's kindness and hard work. My only complaint is their response time. When the alarm goes off, I don't like how long somebody waits before they call the department. I'm not a big fan of the delay in between the time the alarm is tripped and the time it gets called to somebody. I understand it's there to try and get rid of false alarms but in the heat of the moment and something going on, there needs to be a faster response. Apart from that, everything's good to go with Frontpoint. I've been satisfied and it's been excellent though they may wanna lower that bill somehow. But I've recommended it to my co-workers.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Alex we're happy to hear that your system is working how you need it to and that our Support Team was able to assist you with getting your payment information updated!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I went with Frontpoint Home Automation because I saw online that it was rated top amongst everybody. Also, I liked the idea that I could do the install myself. Installing it was easy to do. I feel easy knowing that there's an alarm on the house for when I'm away. There was a time when our credit cards were caught up in some fraud number so we had to get new ones, and their customer service reps were courteous and kind calling to ask for our new credit card numbers.

It would be great for somebody that kicks in the door and they hear an alarm. They'd go, “Oh, God. I better get out of here.” But it doesn’t sound the alarm to anybody more than somebody from the first floor. It's not very loud. I quite like it if I stand next to the device, but in the middle of the night, I want something that’s gonna wake me up too. Like one day, I was doing some work on the door jamb in the house. I popped the molding off. After we set the alarm, the molding again fell off and we're in our bedroom and were like, “What is that sound?” We could hear something but it wasn’t very loud.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that your system worked exactly how you needed it to! Thanks for sharing your story and please let us know if you ever need anything at all.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I did some research online and Frontpoint was one of the top rated companies so I looked into it a little bit more and I liked everything that they had to offer. I've been using them since summer and their people have been really nice and helpful every time I talk to them. Every call has been really great and they were really professional and always helped me to feel like I was important. My spouse installed the system and he said it was fairly easy but he had a little bit of a hard time trying to mount the magnetic pieces on the door frame because there was some unevenness there. Then on July 4th, somebody broke into my home and it was nice to have the system because it scared the burglar off. I appreciated that because I didn't have money to pay my bill that month but they kept it running. I would recommend Fronpoint.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Wow, it's so great to hear that your experience has been everything you read about! Thanks for the great review and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

Frontpoint got consistently high ratings from every source I could find and none of the other security providers were anywhere near as good. I've had them for almost a year at one place and less than a year at the other. I'm very satisfied with them so I repeated. One error that I remember making during my first installation was my own. I stuck my little magnet things up in the corner diagonally because that’s the only way they would fit on the molding in my door. Frontpoint sent me some replacements, so I put the replacements up.

The other minor glitch that I've had is so minor, I haven't even fixed it at my end. I had trouble with one of my receivers at an entry point not getting its signal to the central control unit, so Frontpoint sent me a long range transponder and I still haven't put it up. I just moved the whole unit to a more potential spot and I’m fine with that. They're vastly superior to anyone else I've ever dealt with in both technological and service respects and I've recommended them repeatedly to other people.

Resolution In Progress

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Frontpoint is the first security system I've ever had. My wife was the one who set up the system. However, we had little issues with the one in my shop, behind the house. It was too far away from the control panel and it wasn't working properly so we just quit using that one.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that your Security Consultant was able to help you create a customized system and that your setup was easy!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I like owning my own equipment and Frontpoint's contract didn't seem that out of line so I went with them. Their sales rep was very helpful and very nice, and installation was easy. Overall, it has been a fine experience.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that we are living up to your expectations and that you are happy with your system! Thank you for the wonderful recommendation and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Our neighbor was putting a security system in their house and he knew of someone who had Frontpoint before and was satisfied with it. I got some number, and I called from there and was impressed with how friendly the serviceman was. I've been using Frontpoint for a year now. Everything worked out just as it was described to me.

Frontpoint has been easy to work with and talk to. I enjoy the website and I’m happy with the arrangement. Installing it was quite easy, just follow the directions. I was really impressed with how quick everything went and how foolproof it was. I had some change of directory information and I spoke with someone about 11 months ago and that went very well. They were quite helpful. I would give a strong recommendation to anyone who’s looking.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's so great to hear that you are feeling more secure with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I feel more secure since setting up the Frontpoint security device. However, the contacts don't want to stick. I called them about it and they sent us some new strips and told us to use some glue. So, if we ever move, I don't know how we'll get them off. We also have the system sitting in our kitchen so if someone comes through our back door, I don't know what would happen when they unplug or take the batteries out. I'm also not happy with the monthly cost because we are seniors.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thank you for sharing your feedback and great suggestions with us!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

A friend of mine told me about Frontpoint and I've been using them for about a year and a half now on my second home. I feel secure because I’m not there very much. I’ve had a couple alarms go off and it’s because the batteries were low. The only thing is that I would like some type of notification once the police are sent out and let me know that there was no incident or issue or that they caught somebody. I had an alarm over the weekend and it was really early in the morning. They sent the police but there was no follow up so I couldn’t fall back to sleep and I was worried to death. Other than that, I’m satisfied with it.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that you were able to get your system all setup and that you have received all the help you needed!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was easy. The sensors need to face each other. Frontpoint needs to tell people about the direction of the sensors because I didn't find it anywhere in the instructions. Other than that, I'm fine with my experience and the reps have been very helpful when I called up.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I found Frontpoint online and I've been with them for a year now. It's been a fine experience overall. The installation was easy and I've talked to them when there were false alarms, and so far, I'm satisfied.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that our Support Team was there to help you and that you and your family are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system. You mention having some trouble with that Glass Break Sensor so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to help you. Thanks for all your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I've been with Frontpoint for a year. The Frontpoint team helped me get everything set up, and then helped me when I was having some issues with the door sensors that are not recognizing that the door was shut. It would say it was open when it was shut. We got that resolved. They sent some new sensors. And then, I’ve had to have my system rebooted a few times. When I called them, they helped me go through it.

I check the system a lot with the app on the phone. Since having the system installed, I feel safer for my kids when I’m not at home and they are. Overall, my experience has been very good. The only negative is that the hardware isn’t the greatest. I’ve had to reboot it, and the last time I rebooted it, two wires came unattached and I can’t get them back together. I’m very sure it’s the glass breakage sensor but it seems like everything else is working.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Max, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We are glad to see that our Support Team has always been right there to help you each time you have called in.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

We used Monitronics then later switched to Frontpoint because they had newer equipment. Every time I call them they're great and setting up has been okay so far. However I'm not too happy with the equipment. Being that it's Android based, it's pretty slow and locks up a lot. I don't have all the admin functions when using the admin account. I have to use their built-in PIN, and I'm not a fan of that because I don't remember what it is. Now that we have a dog, I can't use the motion sensor inside the house. But I can't turn it off because I don't remember what the PIN is. I have to call the company now to get the PIN information again.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to see that your system is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve knowing your home is protected while you are away! Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if you ever need us in the future, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

It's been positive with Frontpoint and I would recommend them. We're going out of town and will be gone for a few days. I feel like if somebody comes in while we're away, we will know about it because someone from Frontpoint is going to call us immediately. The only issue that I've had has been with the delay in using my iPhone to set and deactivate the system leaving and coming home. But it could be a problem with my iPhone too especially that we live in an area where we don’t have a great reception.

Frontpoint Home Automation

"No problems" is what we like to hear!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I've used Frontpoint's home security service for a year at my weekend home. It's been good with the team at Frontpoint. No problems at all. It was easy to set up the security device. I bought my own cameras and did some other stuff. I've already got cameras all set up.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that everything is working well and that you are receiving excellent customer service each time you call in!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I wanted a wireless security service so I got Frontpoint. Some of the doors were easy to set up but I had a couple of steel doors that meant extra cushion between the door and the device, but they sent that to me and I haven't had any problem. In this whole process, I left a door out because I was getting a new door. So, when the new door came, that's when it wasn't showing that it was connecting correctly and they had to send me sticker cushion. It all happened very quickly and they were always friendly and able to walk me through anything I needed to have done.

I like that there's a phone app that notifies me if something isn't right or that I can check, and that if I'm away from the setup box and I had forgotten to set it at night that I can just use my phone to set it up. I called them once to ask if I could paint our white devices and they said I could and that's been great because now I don't see those white things on the brown woodwork. The whole process and setup has been easy, their customer service has been wonderful, and everything functions the way it's supposed to.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that you have always received the help you have needed and that you are happy with your system!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Frontpoint was recommended by another alarm company. We had a different provider before, my brother was in the alarm business. After he died I switched over to Frontpoint. I have them for over a year now. It's an excellent company. Very friendly to do business with, very knowledgeable, seems to be always there. Anytime there's an alarm or problem with the system, they're on top of it. They do a very good job.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that you you are enjoying your system! We are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you to provide you with more information about our cameras and pricing. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

We've had Frontpoint as our home security service provider for a year and we had alarms going off, whether it be a door opening or one of the kids not knowing how to turn the alarm off or on. And the Frontpoint team contacted us immediately, so that was good. Also, at first, we had a keypad that was very analog-ish, old then they gave me a digital touchscreen keypad with no charge and it’s better than the first one. I would recommend Frontpoint to other people as far as with my interaction with them and them helping me with the equipment. But they should try to work something out to where I could get two to four cameras set up around my perimeter of my home, to help better secure my place, and maybe even have it interacting with the cellphones and tablets, where we could access the cameras from wherever we are. I'm interested in that pricing and what we could come up with that.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It is important to us that everything is working exactly how you need it to so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you to investigate your Control Panel. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was easy. There was a time the alarm went off and the team at Frontpoint called to make sure everything was okay. It's been good having the device and the price was fair. My only concern is that sometimes the touchscreen panel sticks if I'm trying to punch in and I have to reset it.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that you are happy with your system and the service you are receiving each time you call in!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My brother bought the Frontpoint sytem for my mother's house and when she passed away and we sold the house, I took the system over. I'm satisfied with it so far and I've been happy with their customer service team too.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're happy to hear that everything is working well and that you are happy with your system! Thanks for sharing your excellent experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Everything seems to be working good with the system and it came with a bit of warranty on the stuff. So, if anything goes bad, I'll just call them and they'll send me a new sensor. I set it up myself and everything has been fine with it. It was relatively cheap and worked great. It's an excellent experience with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that your setup was easy and that our Support Team was right there to help you when you needed them!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I've had Frontpoint in my home for about a year and a half now. Setting up their device was easy. I also have the wireless cameras. Their team helped me out and it was a good experience talking to them.

Question and Answers - Frontpoint Home Automation

What problem is Frontpoint trying to solve?

Put simply, Frontpoint wants to provide security that you can feel great about. We aim to take the hassle and confusion out of home security, and replace it with the right solutions and exceptional service not found anywhere else in the industry. And as technology continues to evolve, we aim to make it simple for customers to get the related advanced features (lights, locks, cameras) into their homes.

What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition?

What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition is our dedication to consistently providing the best customer experience possible – from initial sales call and throughout the customer lifecycle. Just take a look at the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site and others, and you’ll see how much customer satisfaction means to us.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Frontpoint fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Unlike many of our competitors, we focus on providing customers with the right systems to fit their homes and needs rather than on selling systems with the most equipment or the highest monthly monitoring plans. We work to ensure that every system we sell is made specifically for the home and people it will protect.

How does Frontpoint measure success?

We measure success by the growing number of safe and satisfied customers that we have nationwide. It’s why we do what we do, and as long as they’re happy, so are we.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Frontpoint?

Many people assume all alarm systems operate via a landline or internet connection. Frontpoint systems use neither. In fact, it’s our dedicated cellular monitoring at no additional cost that makes for a safer, more secure system.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The biggest shift in the last 5 to 10 years has been the rise of home automation. The prevalence of smartphones and tablets has enabled us to stay connected to everything, including our homes. As the “internet of things” continues to grow, so will the possibilities of the connected home, and Frontpoint plans to evolve with it.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Frontpoint?

We’re not like the “other guys.” We take pride in being honest, upfront and helpful. Also, when we say our systems are simple to set up and use, we actually mean it.

Has Frontpoint received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Frontpoint maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We have thousands of positive online reviews on community review sites across the internet.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Over the past eight years we’ve grown exponentially in just about every way imaginable (number of customers, number of employees, two locations). However, we’ve never lost sight of the vision we laid out when we started – make the world a safer place. We like to think we’re well on our way.

Frontpoint Home Automation Company Profile