toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that your system is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve and that you are receiving excellent customer service. Thanks for sharing your experience and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I have Frontpoint's wireless cameras and a front door lock attached to it. It’s a very easy system to install and to get into when I'm away from home by cellphone or by computer. It’s very accessible. Since having Frontpoint, I definitely have less worries and more peace of mind when I leave the house and when I sleep at night. Additionally, Frontpoint and I had a quite a bit of interaction in one day when I had a fire alarm and they were very professional and courteous.

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was easy. The sensors need to face each other. Frontpoint needs to tell people about the direction of the sensors because I didn't find it anywhere in the instructions. Other than that, I'm fine with my experience and the reps have been very helpful when I called up.

I found Frontpoint online and I've been with them for a year now. It's been a fine experience overall. The installation was easy and I've talked to them when there were false alarms, and so far, I'm satisfied.

I've been with Frontpoint for a year. The Frontpoint team helped me get everything set up, and then helped me when I was having some issues with the door sensors that are not recognizing that the door was shut. It would say it was open when it was shut. We got that resolved. They sent some new sensors. And then, I’ve had to have my system rebooted a few times. When I called them, they helped me go through it.

I check the system a lot with the app on the phone. Since having the system installed, I feel safer for my kids when I’m not at home and they are. Overall, my experience has been very good. The only negative is that the hardware isn’t the greatest. I’ve had to reboot it, and the last time I rebooted it, two wires came unattached and I can’t get them back together. I’m very sure it’s the glass breakage sensor but it seems like everything else is working.

We used Monitronics then later switched to Frontpoint because they had newer equipment. Every time I call them they're great and setting up has been okay so far. However I'm not too happy with the equipment. Being that it's Android based, it's pretty slow and locks up a lot. I don't have all the admin functions when using the admin account. I have to use their built-in PIN, and I'm not a fan of that because I don't remember what it is. Now that we have a dog, I can't use the motion sensor inside the house. But I can't turn it off because I don't remember what the PIN is. I have to call the company now to get the PIN information again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint Home Automation?

It's been positive with Frontpoint and I would recommend them. We're going out of town and will be gone for a few days. I feel like if somebody comes in while we're away, we will know about it because someone from Frontpoint is going to call us immediately. The only issue that I've had has been with the delay in using my iPhone to set and deactivate the system leaving and coming home. But it could be a problem with my iPhone too especially that we live in an area where we don’t have a great reception.

I've used Frontpoint's home security service for a year at my weekend home. It's been good with the team at Frontpoint. No problems at all. It was easy to set up the security device. I bought my own cameras and did some other stuff. I've already got cameras all set up.

I wanted a wireless security service so I got Frontpoint. Some of the doors were easy to set up but I had a couple of steel doors that meant extra cushion between the door and the device, but they sent that to me and I haven't had any problem. In this whole process, I left a door out because I was getting a new door. So, when the new door came, that's when it wasn't showing that it was connecting correctly and they had to send me sticker cushion. It all happened very quickly and they were always friendly and able to walk me through anything I needed to have done.

I like that there's a phone app that notifies me if something isn't right or that I can check, and that if I'm away from the setup box and I had forgotten to set it at night that I can just use my phone to set it up. I called them once to ask if I could paint our white devices and they said I could and that's been great because now I don't see those white things on the brown woodwork. The whole process and setup has been easy, their customer service has been wonderful, and everything functions the way it's supposed to.

Frontpoint was recommended by another alarm company. We had a different provider before, my brother was in the alarm business. After he died I switched over to Frontpoint. I have them for over a year now. It's an excellent company. Very friendly to do business with, very knowledgeable, seems to be always there. Anytime there's an alarm or problem with the system, they're on top of it. They do a very good job.

We've had Frontpoint as our home security service provider for a year and we had alarms going off, whether it be a door opening or one of the kids not knowing how to turn the alarm off or on. And the Frontpoint team contacted us immediately, so that was good. Also, at first, we had a keypad that was very analog-ish, old then they gave me a digital touchscreen keypad with no charge and it’s better than the first one. I would recommend Frontpoint to other people as far as with my interaction with them and them helping me with the equipment. But they should try to work something out to where I could get two to four cameras set up around my perimeter of my home, to help better secure my place, and maybe even have it interacting with the cellphones and tablets, where we could access the cameras from wherever we are. I'm interested in that pricing and what we could come up with that.

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was easy. There was a time the alarm went off and the team at Frontpoint called to make sure everything was okay. It's been good having the device and the price was fair. My only concern is that sometimes the touchscreen panel sticks if I'm trying to punch in and I have to reset it.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that you are happy with your system and the service you are receiving each time you call in!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My brother bought the Frontpoint sytem for my mother's house and when she passed away and we sold the house, I took the system over. I'm satisfied with it so far and I've been happy with their customer service team too.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're happy to hear that everything is working well and that you are happy with your system! Thanks for sharing your excellent experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Everything seems to be working good with the system and it came with a bit of warranty on the stuff. So, if anything goes bad, I'll just call them and they'll send me a new sensor. I set it up myself and everything has been fine with it. It was relatively cheap and worked great. It's an excellent experience with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that your setup was easy and that our Support Team was right there to help you when you needed them!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I've had Frontpoint in my home for about a year and a half now. Setting up their device was easy. I also have the wireless cameras. Their team helped me out and it was a good experience talking to them.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and ask that you please let us know if you ever need anything going forward!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I've been with Frontpoint for about a year and it was easy to set up our security system. The only thing is that I asked if I can get paper billed, and the rep said that everybody is on AutoPay and that's how they run it. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're happy to hear that you were able to get everything up and running and that you are happy with your system! Thanks for sharing your experience and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

We had a home security provider a few years ago and I wasn’t crazy about it. Then we went a few years without any security before having Frontpoint and we've had them close to a year to date. The old system doesn’t compare very well to Frontpoint. My husband set up the system and he didn't scream and cuss so it wasn't too bad. We have our own camera security and we paid $600 for the entire system. We had looked into getting wireless cameras but the price was ridiculous and made no sense, so we went and got our own system. The technical support team is wonderful. They’ve always resolved any of the technical issues I’ve had. I’ve never had to have anybody come out, but they’ve always been very pleasant and knowledgeable. We really like Frontpoint.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with us and for all the wonderful recommendations! Please let us know if you ever want to add on to your system as we would be more than happy to help you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I searched for home alarm systems and I looked for reviews online and found out about Frontpoint. I've been using them for a year and a half now and there wasn't a big installation process. I didn't need to have somebody come in there to install it. I did it myself. I have the monthly contract and their equipment is like a simple cell. The rep that sold it to me was a super nice girl. Though there wasn't enough explanation surrounding the size of the property and how the initial monthly fees only covers 10 different segments of the property as opposed to more. So I got a lot more that I need to monitor, but I haven't done it because of the additional cost. But other than that, I did not have any problems with the installation and I've never called them back.

I got a lot of cameras around the house, but I use Nest in the kids rooms so I can interact with them in another room. Then I use a link hub for the automation on my lights which I can connect through Frontpoint if I want it to. Their response time is great whenever we trip it ourselves and the alarm goes off. It's also nice to know if you hear a bump through the night, you can throw in all the cameras on your phone and see whats going on. Overall, it's a good service and I always recommend it to people who are looking for alarm systems. They'd just go online and talk to one of their sales reps. The whole process is straightforward and they got to do the installation themselves.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear your setup was easy and that our Support Team has always been right there to help you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was very easy. I've been using them for a year and the team at Frontpoint has been very courteous and friendly.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's so great to hear that all of your questions were answered and that you are happy with your Frontpoint system! Thanks for sharing your story and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I had ADT before and they use a phone line and the internet. When we were fixing our kitchen one time and the phone line got disconnected. Technically it went out a month and we didn’t even know they weren’t getting a signal and they never checked back. That’s what made me change security system because if they’re robbing the house and they cut the phone lines, their security system won’t even sound so it’s no good if one lives in the country like we do. With Frontpoint, their system installation was easy. I called their reps up when I had a couple of questions, they helped me out through the phone and they fixed them up right away. I like them a lot better and I’m real happy.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that your system is working exactly how you need it to and that you are enjoying the service you are receiving!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

My experience with Frontpoint has been great. I wanted to change the systems I had, so I looked it up and saw the reviews. The people at Frontpoint are great to work with. We had some dust that set the fire alarm off and they were right on it.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience with us and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Installing Frontpoint devices was simple and easy. I called them and they walked me through it. I use the app a lot and it's very helpful. Recently, I had one accidental false alarm and they quickly called me. They’re excellent. My experience with Frontpoint has been fine to this point.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

Setting up the Frontpoint security device was easy. When the alarm goes off, we get a phone call from them. I have the system for a year now and it gives me more peace of mind.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that our Support Team was right there to help you get your system all setup!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I was looking up different security systems when I was moving into my home and saw that Frontpoint was in my area. The reps walked me through setting up the security device over the phone and it didn’t take too long. It had a few hiccups, but as far as the assistance that I received, it was exceptional. The system has worked fine and I haven’t had any problems.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Eric, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future, as we are always here and happy to help you!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

The house came with a system, but I never really interacted with the company that installed it 30 years ago. Once I began searching, Frontpoint was a new vendor for me, and a new experience with a security system. My experience with them was good. They were responsive, and they deal almost strictly by the telephone. There wasn't anybody coming into our house, but they were very good in terms of customer support. The system was easy technically to do, but to really think out the system on my own, I need to do some reading and thinking. That's the case with almost any of these. They have standard configurations, and some of these configurations aren't really very good solutions, per se.

For example, I buy it for a double-sized window. Unless I buy two for the window, I'm not really protected. Or I can put one on the window, but I know if I put one in the middle, it's visible. Somebody actually sees it, and that could be a deterrent. So that means if I put one on, I got to have a second kind of detector to back it up. I need to have a glass break or a motion detector inside the house. The whole industry does that, and it was much the same way.

One of their pieces of equipment is to budget and other people offer better. Their motion detector is not what you call a look down detector, which means to be effective it has to be mounted at chest height as opposed to in a corner of a room, and good quality commercial systems, or so many of the other private vendors offer one with two sensors; one that looks out and one that looks down. The result is if you use a Frontpoint motion detector, unless you stick it in a bookcase, it's going to stand out like a sore thumb. The smart home feature is good, but that's not unusual. I don't know if there's a vendor that doesn't provide that. I use Frontpoint's app for very simple things, like checking on the status of the system and arming it occasionally. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it when I'm on vacation.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Mark, it is important to us that your system works exactly how you need it to so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you to investigate that Touch Screen Control Panel. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

It was extremely easy to set up Frontpoint's system. The only issue that I have is that the touchscreen unit is a little glitchy. I've called and mentioned that to them twice, but they just have me restart it. It would work for a little while, but then it gets glitchy again. I'm not really sure what that's about, but I've been with them for about a year now, and I definitely have a little more peace of mind.

Frontpoint Home Automation

We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying your system and all of those interactive features which make protecting your home easy and enjoyable too! Thanks for the wonderful recommendations and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I’m very pleased with Frontpoint. We were looking at an internet-based type system, did our research, and decided to try Frontpoint. My previous security provider doesn’t compare with Frontpoint at all. I was real disappointed with them at the end because they were not doing monitoring for two months and didn’t even know it. They would run tests but never notified me that they weren’t getting that signal back.

Installing Frontpoint was not difficult and my son who's better at it helped me. I need to do some more work on it and readjust. I haven’t permanently attached any to a wall, but I like the convenience of it. I love being able to turn it off and on and that it will notify me if I forget to set it. Sometimes if my wife goes to work a little later than normal and hasn’t set it, it’ll notify me that it hasn’t been set by a certain time. I’m sure there’s a lot of other things it’ll do that I haven’t discovered yet. I’ve even recommended Frontpoint to friends and family. I told them that I love the idea that I can take it with me when I go. If I wanted to, I can even take it with me on a trip and monitor my bedroom or hotel room.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's great to hear that you were able to get everything up and running in no time and that you are loving your system! Thanks for sharing your experience and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything at all.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I loved installing the system. I did it myself and it was very easy. I then just called Frontpoint’s number to make sure the system was set up quickly and tested in. I didn’t have any problems talking with any Frontpoint person. Everyone was nice and helpful. We've enjoyed using the system and loved having it. I like knowing it’s set up and if we’re gone, I can tell if the doors have been opened.

Frontpoint Home Automation

It's so great to hear that you are feeling more secure with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

The reps at Frontpoint have been very easy to work with and my experience with them has been convenient. I feel much better about going if we want to pop away for a weekend since I started using their security system.

Frontpoint Home Automation

Our customer's satisfaction is one of our top priorities here at Frontpoint which is why we're going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all of your concerns. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I was looking for different security providers online and I like the system that Frontpoint has. It's wireless so no one can disconnect the cables and if I lose power, I'm still gonna have protection. I use it for my business and setting up the system was easy. However, the sensors are not of good quality and I have to replace them a few times. I also think that they are overpriced. If I want to have access through my phone, they will charge me extra for that - $10 a month but it's good because sometimes I cannot be physically in the store to put the alarm on, so it’s convenient for me. However the app on the cellphone freezes often but it does their work. Also their service is also horrible. Sometimes when I call and I have issues they would say, “Oh, but we just got back with you and we were with you too often on the phone and we’ve told you a bunch of stuff.” So they have a concern where you have to stick to. If not, you have to pay a big penalty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Frontpoint Home Automation

Theodore, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We always aim for a one call resolution with each interaction so it is troubling to hear of your experience. We would like the opportunity to resolve in concerns by having one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you to discuss them with you in more detail. Once again, thank you for the review and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

My friend referred me to Frontpoint. It was relatively easy to set up my Frontpoint device, except that I haven't had great success with the pet detection. My cat has set off the alarm quite a few times. They keep telling me to move the device, but every time I move it I've had to repaint, so that's been quite a problem. Also, my interactions with the team at Frontpoint have been very mixed and strange: Some reps were very helpful and seem to be very much into technology, while some were a bit dismissive. I have been messing with the sensors because I've had the alarm go off almost 10 times and the police were at my house while I was traveling, but every time I've called Tech Support, I've gotten a different answer to how the product is designed and how it works, and things like that, so that's been frustrating.

Question and Answers - Frontpoint Home Automation

What problem is Frontpoint trying to solve?

Put simply, Frontpoint wants to provide security that you can feel great about. We aim to take the hassle and confusion out of home security, and replace it with the right solutions and exceptional service not found anywhere else in the industry. And as technology continues to evolve, we aim to make it simple for customers to get the related advanced features (lights, locks, cameras) into their homes.

What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition?

What sets Frontpoint apart from the competition is our dedication to consistently providing the best customer experience possible – from initial sales call and throughout the customer lifecycle. Just take a look at the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site and others, and you’ll see how much customer satisfaction means to us.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Frontpoint fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Unlike many of our competitors, we focus on providing customers with the right systems to fit their homes and needs rather than on selling systems with the most equipment or the highest monthly monitoring plans. We work to ensure that every system we sell is made specifically for the home and people it will protect.

How does Frontpoint measure success?

We measure success by the growing number of safe and satisfied customers that we have nationwide. It’s why we do what we do, and as long as they’re happy, so are we.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Frontpoint?

Many people assume all alarm systems operate via a landline or internet connection. Frontpoint systems use neither. In fact, it’s our dedicated cellular monitoring at no additional cost that makes for a safer, more secure system.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The biggest shift in the last 5 to 10 years has been the rise of home automation. The prevalence of smartphones and tablets has enabled us to stay connected to everything, including our homes. As the “internet of things” continues to grow, so will the possibilities of the connected home, and Frontpoint plans to evolve with it.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Frontpoint?

We’re not like the “other guys.” We take pride in being honest, upfront and helpful. Also, when we say our systems are simple to set up and use, we actually mean it.

Has Frontpoint received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Frontpoint maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We have thousands of positive online reviews on community review sites across the internet.

How has your company grown or evolved?

Over the past eight years we’ve grown exponentially in just about every way imaginable (number of customers, number of employees, two locations). However, we’ve never lost sight of the vision we laid out when we started – make the world a safer place. We like to think we’re well on our way.

Frontpoint Home Automation Company Profile