Amana Appliances

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Amana Washer NTW4516F - If I could give Zero or negative I would. This is the MOST awful service I have ever had anywhere, and I am 65 years old and have lived on 3 continents and 4 countries. Awful washer, awful service. The washer blew up with electric sparks all over the place after 3 weeks - could've electrocuted the lady of the house! Now we are coming up on 4 weeks later and the repair is STILL NOT COMPLETE. I get a lot of sympathy but no action. The local service company never did respond to any follow up, or messages left on their god-awful phone system, and now we have to wait another week to get a second service company in there. Amana never offered to compensate for having to go to the laundromat for a month, or replace their crummy machine.

MOD:NTW4605EW0 Type: 587-20 - This product is the worst I have ever used. My Husband and I are in our late 50 on a fixed income and recent stem cell survivor. We had to save for this for months to buy this washer. Now knowing it would not have been the top of the line, you still have a reasonable expectation that your laundry will be cleaned. That's not the case with this washer. I have taken items out of the washer that never hit water, and still soiled. You can't make any adjustment to the water level, the agitator is very ineffective and sound as the whole thing is a strain to do a basic task.

I have bought Amana in the past and had no regrets until now. That is unacceptable for misleading the public that this is a washer. It truly just an oversize hamper. If this sounds like I am not happy with this product. Then sorry to say YES I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT! When you pay $250-$300 you expect it to at the very least to clean your laundry!

We bought an Amana Top Loading Washer (NTW4605EW0) on July 22, 2016 to replace a front load Whirlpool Washer that had it's control module go up. Big mistake! 9 months and 2 days later... what do you know same issue that we were having with the Whirlpool! The washer would not drain. Turned it off and unplugged it. Now it won't power back on and drain. I had to hand drain the washer as far as I could get it and pull all my soaking wet clothes out to finish hand washing them! I am beyond frustrated with all Whirlpool Corporation's various holdings' (Amana, Maytag, Whirlpool, and many more) washers. Never again will I buy any washer made by a single company owned by Whirlpool!

I just have to write a review on our 25 year old Amana refrigerator. In all these years we have never had to have any repairs done and it works awesome! We had to put this refrigerator in the basement 20 years ago because did not match our upstairs appliances but we still kept it in use. 5 1/2 years ago we purchased and Frigidaire and have had problems since day one. After having to completely shutting down our newer fridge 4 time and thawing it because the water line kept freezing up causing the ice maker not to work, we rehooked up our ice maker on the Amana and it works like a charm. I would buy an Amana over Frigidaire any day!!!

This was a dishwasher put in by the Seller of a home I was purchasing. I am a single senior who runs a dishwasher maybe every 10 days I would say. After just 2 years, the spray arm quit spraying water. This model only has one spray arm on the bottom. Research tells me it's one of two things, pump or motor I think, and either way, I might as well buy a new dishwasher. This to me is totally unacceptable that an appliance would break down in such a short period of time. Do not recommend for this reason. When it worked, it did a fine job on the dishes. But I'm a scraper and rinser and never put in pots and pans etc. I just can't recommend throwing $300 down the drain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

I bought the set at Menards April 2016. The washer is absolutely awful. It never gets the clothes clean, never! It never has enough water in it no matter what setting I have it on no matter how big or small the load. You can't leave the lid open for a pre soak or it resets itself. I've tried all the recommended steps Amana added to the instructions. I'm so disappointed. I will never buy an Amana or Maytag product again. Yesterday I went to take clothes out of the dryer and I haven't had an issue with the dryer until I pulled the door open and the handle on the dryer broke.

I felt when I was making this purchase that Amana was a trusted brand. So I didn't listen to my feelings and I bought this product anyway. Money don't come easy for me so I'm stuck using this monster that don't get whites, white and won't fill with water according to my load. All the complaints on this website are true. I wished I had of looked first. Don't buy this set people. Model # NTW4605EW0. You'll be wasting your money and frustrated like my family. You'll know us by the dingy whites.

When I bought the stove I thought I would try the glass top (can't remember what they are called). I was never told that I could not can (preserves) on this stove. I only had the stove for less than a month when I asked if I could bring it back for this reason that I can't put weight like a canner on top of this stove. The store where I purchased said "NO". Well, ok what do ya do? When I turned the self cleaning cycle on it took a long time and when it was finished it left big brown spots on top of the oven door, like it had gotten too hot and burned it. And you can see it when door is closed.

The double glass window on the oven door broke the seal and moisture and stains are in between glass. Can't clean it. Unless you take the door off and take it apart it. The oven light only lasted about 3 months. It won't work at all. Overall I hate this stove, I thought it would be easy to clean on the top, that too is a job. I paid quite a bit of money for this stove. The sales people need to inform you how this stove functions. I would have bought a different stove from them if they would have told me.

It was recommended by friend and I just made the purchase today. The appearance is shining and it seems to have a bright luster finish. The inside seems to be easy to clean because there are few places that can collect and hold dirt.

The washer and dryer are a nice size, nice colors. However not a whole lot detail on the door locks which is nice but afraid to open it if I need to add softener. Also I would like it to be a little more quietly.

The washer has a very large capacity and is pretty basic, but does the job. I don't need all the options. It fill based on sensing the size of the load so I don't have to guess. It has basic look, but so far has performed very well. I like that it is American made.

The Amana gas range was installed new in late 2013. The stovetop flames do not have enough adjustment, either the flame is too high or too low, there's hardly any just right flame settings. We already had to replace the igniter for the oven. That detent position for the oven door where you can leave it cracked open a little and failed within a month or so. I would certainly never buy another one.

I haven't even had this Amana washer one year. It quit working. I guess when you buy a product that is lower priced than the rest you think it'll be short lived, but 1 year! Doesn't start, nothing. Piece of crap. It never got the clothes as clean as other machines I've had. Never again Amana! I bought it a Menards in Minnesota.

We have used this microwave oven for more than 14 years and still works. It is not very powerful like the new models, but it does the job for us. It is very easy to operate and clean. It is big enough but very heavy.

The previous Kenmore was only 2 years old and died. Amana ref was built by the same company with some weird sounds but it seems to be doing the job. It also shows no marks on exterior and it's a good size for the space with good layout.

While I know Amana is a cheap dryer it is what I could afford (for my rental home) and I thought well it should last at least 5 years. HA HA HA jokes on me. It stopped heating up 1 year to the exact date it was purchased. I will try to fix the heating element one time. If not l will buy something else and won't buy ANYTHING else Amana.

I just purchased Amana Dishwasher Model # ADB1700ADS through HD online. As noted by another reviewer, this model has a serious engineering flaw. It does not have an exterior handle attached to the body of the door. The model has been designed so that you are forced to pull on the underside of the black plastic control panel. You can see the panel flex outward (more than .25 inches) under the pressure needed to open the door. I tried opening the door by pulling on the outer door corners and from the top edge without success. There is absolutely no question the plastic control panel will break due to material fatigue - and it will break either fast or slow depending on how often you pull on it and how hard you pull. I recommend you buy your own stainless steel door handle from any appliance parts store and install it yourself. It will cost you about $30.

Amana may have saved themselves $10 (for this same part) but they will take a ding to their reputation and have a lot of unhappy customers in the future. If Amana took into consideration that in buying a dishwasher, it is not just the cost of the dishwasher for the buyer - it is also the cost of time lost from work waiting for an install that never happens within the time frame given, install fees, taxes, delivery and haul away fees. There is a lot of time, effort, and money involved in buying a dishwasher. So much so, that the buyer would not blink to pay that $10 with an upcharge to prevent the destruction of the control panel of a daily use item they don't want to have to repair or replace for years to come.

As others have noted, this particular failure will not be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Otherwise, the dishwasher is noted to work properly, is better suited for a smaller family, holds fewer dishes than others of the same size, has a very long cycle, and is hoped to be of similar quality to that Amana has been noted for in the past -- with the exception of this one very serious defect. We don't really know about the quality, because it has not been out long enough to have proven itself. I would have given the dishwasher a 2.5, a 2 is too low and a 3 is too high, considering the time, effort and expense I have put into purchasing it, the day lost for install, and finding and installing a handle to safeguard the most expensive component to repair - the control panel. Once the control panel goes, it will be cheaper to buy another dishwasher than to repair it, IMO.

Amana Gas Range AGR5630BDS - We purchased this range from Home Depot and took delivery in Dec 2014. In October 2016 the oven began to shut down after about 30 minutes cooking time and an F2 code showed in the display. We've had the service tech here 3 times. An oven temp sensor was replaced but the problem was not solved. We then replaced the top ECR module and still the problem exists. Now however when the oven shuts down there is a spewing of natural gas and we have to manually shut the oven off and throw open a window. We are stuck with a stove that won't work and is unsafe, and we are out of about $300 over the price of the stove. We cannot sell it and are hard pressed to afford a new stove. We called Amana and they had a "so what" attitude. I know that we will never buy any Amana/Whirlpool product again.

It is too cramped, much of the "size" is on the outside, not the inside. The shelves are inadequate and the inner construction of both shelves and drawers is flimsy. The real problem is my better half has looked at alternatives and they are no better. I could best call it all flash and no fire.

I purchased an Amana Washer and Dryer 4 months ago and just now moving into my house. I connected it it worked well on first wash. Now it won't spin, drain, had to unplug because it stopped in middle of wash. The sensor lights won't come on just to have a washer full of wet clothes. We tried to turn on now washer won't work. We wasted 800.00 on this set just to have to go somewhere else and purchase another set. This is ridiculous and upsetting. I am going public with our local news station for selling this mess. It was purchased at Handy TV Appliance in Centerpoint Al ( Birmingham).

My Amana appliance is 11 yrs old and maybe I expect it to last longer, but I had to have it repaired in the last two years twice. They just don't make things like they used to or maybe it is the country they make them in. I had a bottom freezer Sears refrigerator, I think it was a Kenmore brand and when I moved out of my house it was 19 yrs old, running good. But I didn't want to move it, because it was so big and I was moving to an apartment. It really is a good refrigerator, just not one that lasts a long time. I expect a $2000.00 refrigerator to last at least 20 years if you take good care of it, like vacuum the places required and keep it clean.

The fridge has a bottom freezer, 25 cu. ft. of capacity and fits in the opening. We have owned it for 14 year. The one we had before was an Amana 21 cu. ft. which we owned for 18 years but we had to leave at our other house. Neither one has ever had any problems.

I had an Amana washer for 3 years and it broken down 4 times. I got a Sears warranty on it in June and it's December now and it's broken again. My clothes are locked in and I had the control panel replaced 3 times. I was told that this was a great washer, but I have been having a great problem with it. It broken down after buying it a month. I got it repaired 4 times and I think I will sell it because it's not any good. Don't waste your money and time with this product. I feel I have been robbed by the company because of this defective product.

We recently purchased an Amana washer Model# NTW4605EW1. Supposedly high efficiency. It takes at least 2 full washes to get clothes clean and that includes an extra rinse each time. My husband's work clothes are on a 3rd wash right now. Fed up!! What a waste of money time and water. Now spending money to go to a laundromat until we can afford a new washer. We can't even sell it. How can I do that to some other family? Brand new and headed to the dump. Shame on you Amana.

We bought an Amana washer and dryer set 3 years ago, the washer won't advance to rinse/spin and sometimes won't unlock unless the unit is unplugged. The dryer is also failing, before the washer started having issues the dryer stopped working efficiently and has to be run for 120 minutes to get clothes dry. I'm dissatisfied and disappointed!

AER6303MFS - My hope in ordering this range was to receive a reasonably-priced, decent quality product that would serve me well over the next several years. Granted, I was aware that this was by no means a top-of-the-line appliance, but upon researching it I found that it had good reviews overall and felt confident about purchasing it. Fast forward to last week, when my range was delivered on a Monday. Everything appeared to be working well upon arrival when I inspected it, and I was excited to have a nice-looking, well functioning appliance for my kitchen.

On Friday evening, I decided to use my new oven for some baking. When I pulled the handle to open the door, the whole thing just fell into pieces. Little pieces of plastic and a strip of trim scattered on the floor. The door handle itself was hanging by a thread, and the glass panel front of the door was loose and I was afraid that it was also going to fall off. Needless to say, I did not do any baking that day. The following Monday, I called the Amana customer service line (they are not open on weekends) to report that my product was defective.

After talking with them, and the appliance customer service line for the retailer where I bought the product, and being transferred to several different representatives over the course of 1.5 hours, the bottom line was that I was stuck with my defective range unless I wanted to pony up the cash for a brand new one. Amana is willing to "repair" the defects, which of course I am skeptical about because who knows what else is broken in that hunk of junk? Oh well, I guess I'm just the sucker in this situation. I would not recommend this product or any other Whirlpool product (that includes Amana and Maytag) as they are clearly not willing to stand behind the quality of their products (or lack thereof).

Amana washing machine model NTW465OYQ. We bought this Amana washing machine after losing our shore house in hurricane Sandy. It is only 2 years old and is rarely used since it is in a vacation home. The machine already needs a new control board since the cycles do not advance. It will wash over and over forever and never advance to rinse or spin, even when the dial is turned manually. Between the repair call and the cost for the new control panel, the total to fix it is more than we paid for it. The customer service representatives stated "it doesn't matter that you rarely use it, if it is over 2 years old there is nothing we can do for you." Will NEVER buy an Amana again!!

Hello my roommate bought a used Amana washer because the other Amana washer didn't work. She paid 200 for it... And found out it didn't spin. So she spent 100.00 more. Then the door would not close for it to turn out. She arranged for another certified Amana repair guy to come... He traded the door with other broken machine. The door closed and it turned on. He did not stick around long enough to hear the spin cycle sounding like a helicopter... And still delivered your clothes on the wet side and not very well washed. So 450.00 later we still have a broken Amana washing machine and the repair man said he fixed the door problem and it would cost more for him to look at any other problem. It's heavy but if I can I will throw it in the trash... Or put it online for salvage. Expensive lesson. Never buy another Amana after the first one broke down? But no one asked me...

We have had our washer and dryer for 3 years and they have never been any good. My washer timer stopped working so we are having to sit and listen out for the machine to complete or it will continue to repeat the cycles all over again if we don't stop it ourselves. The washing machine also knocks so loudly that even the dogs next door begin to bark. Our dryer timer has also stopped working causing the heating element to not blow heat.

We bought the most recommended fridge (Consumer Reports) the Amana Model AFF2534FEW 1 (or maybe 11... the Amana people can't quite figure out what the model number is... check it out). After very little use the fridge stopped working. Diagnosis... bad thermostat... blocking the coils. Thermostat replaced. A year later (and more ruined food) same problem... Again the thermostat was replaced. And guess what... it happened again. Third time... don't even bother asking the Amana group for help. They cannot even figure out the correct model number and they are not interested in helping in any way. This product and the company are not worthy of your hard earned money. I will NEVER purchase Amana again.

We bought an Amana washer in February 2015. We bought the biggest headache ever. Right before the manufacturer warranty went out we had our first major issue, the washer would not drain and spin. They came out to fix that. Three months later no water would go in. They came out to fix that. A few months later it was back to no spin and drain. A few months later we had to call them back and the leveler was out. Now I am calling them back it is so loud you can't stand it. Do not purchase from Amana. It has never really washed the clothes. I have to hand wash baby clothes before wash or food residue is still on the clothes.

Amana Appliances Company Profile