Amana Appliances

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

AER6303MFS - My hope in ordering this range was to receive a reasonably-priced, decent quality product that would serve me well over the next several years. Granted, I was aware that this was by no means a top-of-the-line appliance, but upon researching it I found that it had good reviews overall and felt confident about purchasing it. Fast forward to last week, when my range was delivered on a Monday. Everything appeared to be working well upon arrival when I inspected it, and I was excited to have a nice-looking, well functioning appliance for my kitchen.

On Friday evening, I decided to use my new oven for some baking. When I pulled the handle to open the door, the whole thing just fell into pieces. Little pieces of plastic and a strip of trim scattered on the floor. The door handle itself was hanging by a thread, and the glass panel front of the door was loose and I was afraid that it was also going to fall off. Needless to say, I did not do any baking that day. The following Monday, I called the Amana customer service line (they are not open on weekends) to report that my product was defective.

After talking with them, and the appliance customer service line for the retailer where I bought the product, and being transferred to several different representatives over the course of 1.5 hours, the bottom line was that I was stuck with my defective range unless I wanted to pony up the cash for a brand new one. Amana is willing to "repair" the defects, which of course I am skeptical about because who knows what else is broken in that hunk of junk? Oh well, I guess I'm just the sucker in this situation. I would not recommend this product or any other Whirlpool product (that includes Amana and Maytag) as they are clearly not willing to stand behind the quality of their products (or lack thereof).

Amana washing machine model NTW465OYQ. We bought this Amana washing machine after losing our shore house in hurricane Sandy. It is only 2 years old and is rarely used since it is in a vacation home. The machine already needs a new control board since the cycles do not advance. It will wash over and over forever and never advance to rinse or spin, even when the dial is turned manually. Between the repair call and the cost for the new control panel, the total to fix it is more than we paid for it. The customer service representatives stated "it doesn't matter that you rarely use it, if it is over 2 years old there is nothing we can do for you." Will NEVER buy an Amana again!!

Hello my roommate bought a used Amana washer because the other Amana washer didn't work. She paid 200 for it... And found out it didn't spin. So she spent 100.00 more. Then the door would not close for it to turn out. She arranged for another certified Amana repair guy to come... He traded the door with other broken machine. The door closed and it turned on. He did not stick around long enough to hear the spin cycle sounding like a helicopter... And still delivered your clothes on the wet side and not very well washed. So 450.00 later we still have a broken Amana washing machine and the repair man said he fixed the door problem and it would cost more for him to look at any other problem. It's heavy but if I can I will throw it in the trash... Or put it online for salvage. Expensive lesson. Never buy another Amana after the first one broke down? But no one asked me...

We have had our washer and dryer for 3 years and they have never been any good. My washer timer stopped working so we are having to sit and listen out for the machine to complete or it will continue to repeat the cycles all over again if we don't stop it ourselves. The washing machine also knocks so loudly that even the dogs next door begin to bark. Our dryer timer has also stopped working causing the heating element to not blow heat.

We bought the most recommended fridge (Consumer Reports) the Amana Model AFF2534FEW 1 (or maybe 11... the Amana people can't quite figure out what the model number is... check it out). After very little use the fridge stopped working. Diagnosis... bad thermostat... blocking the coils. Thermostat replaced. A year later (and more ruined food) same problem... Again the thermostat was replaced. And guess what... it happened again. Third time... don't even bother asking the Amana group for help. They cannot even figure out the correct model number and they are not interested in helping in any way. This product and the company are not worthy of your hard earned money. I will NEVER purchase Amana again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

We bought an Amana washer in February 2015. We bought the biggest headache ever. Right before the manufacturer warranty went out we had our first major issue, the washer would not drain and spin. They came out to fix that. Three months later no water would go in. They came out to fix that. A few months later it was back to no spin and drain. A few months later we had to call them back and the leveler was out. Now I am calling them back it is so loud you can't stand it. Do not purchase from Amana. It has never really washed the clothes. I have to hand wash baby clothes before wash or food residue is still on the clothes.

WARNING. The Amana clothes washer I purchased does not wash clothes. It moves clothes around and gets some of them wet. I have tried to manually add water to the wash and rinse cycles with a bucket. I recently hurt my back and was not able to manually wash my clothes with this piece of poop. I finally had enough and have upgraded to a automatic clothes washer that agitates the clothes instead of me. This Amana HE washer is the slowest, least efficient, manual clothes washer on the market. I had the piece of junk hauled to the dump before I grabbed the model. It was a Amana HE with no agitator. Should not be sold as a clothes washer. False advertising.

Do not buy Amana!! Purchased a washer and dryer on 5/24/16. Washer will not drain but is full of water. They want me to sit at home on a Thursday (NEXT WEEK), today is Monday, until a repairman shows up. No idea when. Just wants me to wait. Informed them I will have the washer, water supply and a cord to plug into outside because they aren't entering my house. I am an independent driver for people needing rides to Dr, Grocery and so on. I did inform them I could wait but a $20.00 an hour fee will be charged. I'll let you know what happens if I can.

I purchased this Amana washer in March 23, 2015. In February 27, 2016, this problem occurred: I turn on the washer, but as soon as the wash fill ups with water, it does not move to "wash" and it does not "lock" to start the wash cycle. The water drains and then I have to start the wash all over again. So I thought it was the lid switch, and my solution was to push down on the lid hard enough until I heard a click sound. This worked for several months. Another problem occurred on August 12, 2016: my load would complete the cycle, but when I open the lid, I clearly see that the clothes are soaked so this means that during the "drain/spin" cycle, the speed was too slow to fully squeeze out all of the water from the clothes. So my next solution was to start the "drain/spin" cycle only, but again. With all these problems that keep coming up, we decided to use our warranty, so we called in to have the washer repaired.

We called HHGregg to repair the washer, and we gave all the detailed information as to the problems and the possible fixes to it. Their representative's solution was to replace the washer because they "deemed the necessary repairs to the washer as costing more than the value of the washer." Well, we were shocked, because this washer is only 18 months old, so how could its value decrease so quickly in under 2 years? I researched and found that the drain/spin and lid switch is a very common problem with Amana washers. So we understood that we got what we paid for. So back to the washer replacement with HHGregg. They shipped us a new washer for around the same price of our old purchase.

Again, we purchased the first washer in March (we got a St. Patrick's Day Sale Price), and now we're getting this new washer that is smaller and still is an Amana. HHGregg refuses to repair it, they would rather give us a washer that is smaller in capacity and would most likely last for a year but no more than 2 yrs. In a nutshell, we were screwed over by HHGregg, because they saved on repair costs, and gave us a washer of lesser value than what we originally started with. Oh ya, we had to pay on taxes, obviously, so they profited from that too. AMANA WASHERS ARE TERRIBLE!!! Save your money and purchase a more reliable washer!!!

Gentlemen I buy all my appliances on July 2013 on Home Depot and in Oct 2014 my washer machine does not work. I call the company and they replace the computer, now 6 month later all the paint was rust and peeling. My refrigerator since the first day the Home Depot installs never delivery water on the door, and now the icemaker water conduct is freezing every two days and don't make ice. I will have a very bad experience with your products and never ever will buy again.

Warning do not accept delivery of stove if when it's plugged it says F1E1. It means the stove control panel is broken and oven will not work! An Amana electric stove was ordered online via Home Depot. Delivery time a week. A week passed no stove. Phone call made told they were out of stock and would be in a few weeks. Got a call after a few weeks, delivery would be in the next 2 hours. 4 hours later calls made and no stove would be delivered on next day in a 4 hour open window. Stove arrived, mover said "See it works" and turned on top burner, was in a hurry and disappeared. Finally a stove top & oven. Went to grocery store did the "big shop" roasts, baking goods, quiche supplies etc. Got home prepared food for oven. Started preheat and nothing seemed to click or change. Thought it might be user error entering in temp, bake, time etc in wrong order.

Called Amana they are not open Sat and Sun. Called Home Depot not helpful since store did not sell it to me, was bought online. Provided a Maytag number called that. Rep wanted model number it was on the stove. It was not on the directions. I read off what was on the stove front and saw no model. Tried oven door, no, no model number. Finally she asked a colleague and said "Look in the pull out drawer." No not there but I noticed a thin metal stamped striped hidden by the drawer. Down on my knees, head upside down tried to read print. Too tiny. Gave her model number based on Home Depot photo but then she needed a serial number, on the thin strip. Could not read it. I asked her as I had asked Home Depot what the code meant and had I entered in bake the wrong way and why did it say F1E1.

Finally she said I needed a technician since that meant the control panel was broken but without a serial number nothing could be done. That was on a Sat.
Tue someone stopped by and was able to write the number down using a flashlight. Called back in and next appointment if keep by Amana will be in a week.

Summary a basic stove, no special adaptions, was ordered and it will be between 4-6 weeks before it might be useful. Food had to be thrown out, other items quality diminished by freezing. Why a new stove is delivered with a non working control panel is unacceptable. No remuneration was offered by Amana nor Home Depot for inability to cook, time wasted for delivery and now technician. If your product is not available and does not work you should not be advertising it.

We bought our Amana fridge from Sears when they first came out with the freezer drawer, at the bottom. Thought it was the coolest thing ever. 3 months after getting it the freezer handle fell off, so my husband screwed it back on. Again it came off. Needless to say it keep coming off. Finally I just got fed up with it and stuck it in the garage. My husband put it back on again. it was on for maybe 6 months, then came right off in his hands again. Well I'll never own a Frigidaire again and I will add Amana to that list too now. Had this fridge for 16 yrs. My next one will be a Samsung.

I bought an Amana gas dryer less than a year ago, the paint on the inside started peeling off and messing up our clothes. So I get a hold of customer service and they tell me it don't cover anything after 30 days!!! Are you kidding me 400 dollar piece of scrap metal... stay far away from this brand - they do not support their product!!

I have known it to take so long to wash and dry clothes. It is an all day affair to wash two loads of laundry. I will never purchase an Amana product again.

Bought my Amana top-loading washer in April 2014. Most of my laundry isn't deeply soiled, so didn't think much of it for a while. However, becoming more obvious now that my clothes are not getting clean enough. I garden and have a dog, so sometimes get socks soiled and dirt on clothes when dog jumps up. My whites are not white and the soiled areas don't come out. I had my previous Whirlpool washer over 20 years and didn't have this problem. Have checked the manual to be sure I'm using right detergent and loading the washer correctly, but hasn't solved the problem. I liked the price, capacity, and no-frills model of the washer I bought, but not happy with the cleaning results. Don't want to have to buy another one, and always thought Amana was a reliable brand, but I personally could not recommend to others.

Bought brand new Amana washing machine from Home Depot and am very disappointed with the product. It does a lousy job of cleaning my clothes and will not fill up while I am loading (lid has to be closed for water to fill). Very disappointed not only has my money been wasted but also my time. Will never again buy anything Amana.

This refrigerator functions properly and over time is reliable. HOWEVER, corners have been clearly cut in quality of the exterior handles (fridge and bottom freezer) which have seriously yellowed, making it a complete and embarrassing eyesore in my kitchen!! I no longer consider Amana a trusted brand and will not purchase any Amana appliances going forward. Customers beware!! I find it especially appalling that the yellowing of course occurs outside of any warranty period = Amana is all about profit at the expense of the customer... short sighted, penny-wise and pound-foolish for such an established brand. Amana - fool me once but never again!

I bought a Amana electric stove 4 years ago. I'm extremely picky with my stuff so I just now decided to clean the oven. I ran the self cleaning mode on the stove twice even and the oven looks terrible. Honestly it looks worse than it did before I cleaned it. The bottom of the stove looks like it's a real old stove. So disappointing, never again will I buy from this brand!

I was the lucky one chosen by a bad quality control department to miss the 30-day requirement for defects. They call it a cosmetic issue. My new side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator (matching the range) has a clearly unaligned door, unaligned according to manufacturer specifications. From the top view it looks like the seals are 'off'... One is wider in spots. However they are stating to me that it is a cosmetic issue beyond the 30-day window. And I DO HAVE PHOTOS. For AMANA to not consider this issue for what it is has been unbelievable to me. They won't replace the door... Nothing. Am I mad? I no longer consider them to be a respectable company. They would rather I have it as it is with bad quality control, using a 30-day extreme rule. So I lose.

We purchased a new home in 2013 and had Amana appliances put in home. We figured since Amana had been around so many years that they would be a great choice! WRONG! The washer is a nightmare! It will not spin clothes on any cycle without going into a huge across the floor thumping dance! It doesn’t matter what size load either! It simply will not spin without going unbalanced. It slams so hard it has scratched up the dryer sitting beside it! NEVER will I purchase another Amana product! From the sound of these comments, it will do no good to contact the company! And this thing has been doing this straight out of the box!! Don't buy Amana!!! Very disappointed from Cottonwood, Alabama!

Purchased fridge about 2 weeks ago. My main issue is that it is very noisy. The compressor and fan are too noisy. For the price I paid I expected a quiet fridge. If it wasn't such a pain to take it back (I brought it home myself) I would return it. I am going to contact Amana and go from there. I am very disappointed.

I just purchased an Amana washer this February and already it's stop working. I haven't even got to use it much. It has been down since May 26, 2016 and counting. DON'T BUY AMANA! You hear me. Their product is junk.

My washer is still under warranty and I called a service representative. It was supposed to be dispatched and serviced today. The call was never made and I had to make several phone calls to reschedule. In the meantime I'm having to spend an enormous amount of money at the laundromat. Amana is not giving me a refund for this huge inconvenience.

It has been over 2 months now that I have went without my washer. It isn't even a year old yet. First time I called Amana it was a runaround. The person I talked to was very rude, didn't even send over my information to IAM Appliance in Piqua, Ohio. So I had taken the day off work to wait for someone. When they didn't show, I called IAM and asked why no one showed. They said they didn't have any information that they were supposed to be out. So I called back to Amana and the guy I talked to was very rude and said, "Looks like it wasn't sent over." So he told me I had to call another place, that he couldn't call them, I had to. So I called and no answer so I called back to Amana and they again was very rude. So finally they send my information over to IAM appliance.

A week later, on Tuesday a tech came out. He looked at my washer after I had already explained what was wrong, it was the lid lock not locking, it would fill and that was it. So the next Tuesday, he came out and ordered a lid lock, the board, and another part all the parts worked but the lid lock. So here is to another week of waiting. Came out again that following Tuesday that lid lock didn't work. Each time he came out something didn't work. Then the board didn't work the new one he had replaced. This happened for over a month.

So I called corporate. Talked to a lady last Monday. She said she would send me a new washer. Got my new washer today. They told me I was getting a Whirlpool but I go another Amana same model number. They took the old washer today and this washer doesn't work, it doesn't wash clothes. It fills the drum doesn't wash clothes or spin, and the lid lock works but when finished the clothes are dripping wet. So this is another lost. I will not recommended Amana or Whirlpool to anyone. Since they have been around for a while now I figured they would be a great appliance. Guess not. So now I'm out of a washer and here goes to washing my clothes in the tub again!! Very unhappy!! DO NOT BUY AMANA.

Amana Washer NTW4600YQ1 (2013 Model) - This washer only last 2 years after normal usage. Gear assembly broke down. I don't want to take a risk replacing the parts cause other parts might break. I will not buy Amana washer or their products. Not a reliable brand.

We bought an Amana Dishwasher (division of Whirlpool) Model ADB1400PYW in March of 2014. This is just to let consumers know that they should check to make sure new parts are in a new appliance. In February of 2016 we had to replace the control panel board because it was not completing a full cycle and the Clean Light would blink. We did the troubleshooting first before calling our repairman. When he removed the old control board he noticed something odd. He showed me and my husband a little sticker on the part. It said RECONDITIONED. Why was a reconditioned part in a new appliance? No wonder it broke down after not even two years of use. I called Whirlpool and they had no explanation and of course could not offer me any reimbursement because we put a replacement in. Whatever. So beware when buying an Amana appliance or any Whirlpool for that matter.

I purchased a Amana refrigerator stainless steel on December 14/2015. Two weeks after use stopped to work. I called to Flamingo repairs as recommended by the factory. They ask two weeks to come and see. When the technician came he said the compressor is death and we have to wait two more weeks to arrival of the new compressor. Ok fixed. But two more weeks later stopped again. I called again the Flamingo repair and they did the same procedure. After a lot of stress because many food lost they finally fixed. But two weeks later stopped again. So far I'm waiting the technician to come again and fix it. I'm very unhappy. I realize that I bought a garbage, waste of money. Each time that stop about Us 200,00 in a garbage. A lot of stress. Three months and just 4 weeks with refrigerator. Please do not buy Amana!

Last year I purchased a new Amana washer and dryer for our home. I chose to buy new because of the factory warranty included with new appliances. I was sadly mistaken to believe that Amana would honor this warranty. I was told that even though we live about 30 to 40 minutes outside of the largest city in state of Oklahoma, there are no service providers in my area! This means that I have two choices, I can either find a way to transport my broken washer to an approved service provider at my own expense, or I can pay a local repairman and be reimbursed up to $150.00 in about 6 weeks. These are my options?!! My washer is brand new, why should I have to pay when it's still under warranty?

I have no way to transport my washer! It's huge. I would have to rent a truck twice to drop it off and pick it up. My only option is to pay for the repair and wait over a month to be reimbursed. I asked them why they would only repay me $150.00 if repairs cost more than that, but I was only told that it shouldn't cost over that amount. So now I have to go a family member's house to wash school clothes for my daughters and decide which utility bill can wait so I can fix my NEW washing machine. My advice, don't buy Amana, they will not stand by their warranty unless it's convenient for them. I will never buy from them again.

We purchased this machine last year from Coast Wholesale. It washes the clothes fine, however it makes a horrible noise. We were told by a company employee that this was normal. Well, I am 76 years old and started out with wringer washers and over the years have purchased many machines, never have I owned anything like this. I have heard quieter cement mixers. I don't expect anything to be done about this, however I just had to VENT my displeasure with the product. I WOULD NEVER BUY AN AMANA PRODUCT AGAIN.

In July or 2015 I purchased a side by side ref from a small dealership. The ref was delivered 1st part of Aug. Called dealer a few days later stating ref was not working properly - wasn't "making enough ice and cubes were small." Dealer came out and adjusted ice maker. Called back few days later requesting my money back. Still having issues with ice maker and ref was sweating and dripping moisture on panel between ref and freezer. He came out again said a cardboard panel had to be replaced in back of ref. Also stated getting my money back was not an option as he was not going to be stuck with a used ref.

When he returned with cardboard panel he found out that they had sent wrong replacement part. After that he would no longer come out and refused to take my calls. So I began calling Amana direct. I first asked for my money back since the ref was less than 30 days old when I started having trouble. I was told that my warranty only covered repair or replacement. They arranged for a repairman to come out.

In Sept. the ref was deemed unrepairable and a replacement was ordered and arrived Oct. 8. Within a week or so I was again calling Amana. This ref was not cooling properly. Ice was forming on inside wall of freezer and ref compartment was too warm. To keep this from going on forever let me say 2 repair companies and at least 8 repair trips later this 4 month old ref is still not working. One person from Amana suggested that I just keep my food in another ref. All the other representatives sympathized with me and called to schedule a repair appt. All I can say is that this ref is poorly designed and Amana Makes JUNK. I will never buy another Amana product and I am sorry I paid cash for this one.

Amana Appliances Company Profile