3.0/5 (949 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amana Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: April 21, 2022

I purchased an AMANA clothes dryer Model: NGD4655EW in Nov 2021. This appliance did not dry clothes efficiently. Many times it took 3-4 hrs to dry a small load. The heating cycle shuts off after a few minutes, and all you see is min heat or tubule dry operation for hours. It is a very badly designed machine. I had to get rid of it in 4 months, and got something else to serve my needs. I do not recommend this appliance.

- Dissatisfied customer

Original review: April 6, 2022

Let me begin by saying we purchased our washer from Lowes for our new apartment on Sept. 17th, 2021. The washer stopped spinning or going through all cycles by March 15th 2022. We were instructed to call Amana directly. After setting up a maintenance appt with Amana, a third party service provider was set up to come out between 8am & 4pm EST! AN ENTIRE DAY! At 2pm I received a call that the repairman had a family emergency and proceeded to reschedule me for two days later (March 24th 2022) between 10am & 2pm. The repairman on Thursday looked at the unit and said that 4 parts had malfunctioned, which was "not a surprise, because AMANA began using extra cheap parts." He checked in the parts and lo and behold, they are in back order and could "take up to two weeks to come in."

I have been on the phone with Amana three separate times since then and have been told three different stories from three different customer service associates. The only thing they could agree on was that they didn't have a status on when the parts would be available. After the 3rd associate, I asked if they could simply replace the washer?!? It's been over 3 weeks and I have a large family that relies on this washer (5 people in total). Their answer...it hasn't been over 21 days since the part was ordered. They were nice enough to supply me with a 25 dollar gift card, which hasn't made much of a sense in the over 125 dollars & 5 plus hours my wife and I have had to spend in a dingy Laundramat to keep up with the flow of family clothes. I'm sure it's not a problem for some, but we have 2 working adults and 3 teens who rely on clothes for school, sports & other activities.

After all this, I'm am still left waiting for Amana to provide some relief on a 6 month old washer. I personally plead with anyone looking for a washer...FIND ANOTHER COMPANY. AMANA DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS, THEY ARE UNHELPFUL AND THE CUSTOMER IS LEFT HOLDING THE BAG AND WAITING FOR THEM TO HELP...I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY...WE CAN'T TELL YOU WHEN PARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE, SO OUR PRODUCTS CAN DO WHAT THEY'RE SOLD TO DO, JUST REPLACE THE DANG THING SO WE CAN ALL GET IN WITH OUR LIVES!! STILL WAITING.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Just a complaint about washers. I'm short and getting older. Top loader drums are too deep. I have to stand on my tiptoes to reach the bottom of the drum. I know of others my height that say the same. If I stand on a stool, there is a chance it could tip especially when throwing the clothes into the dryer-twisting, leaning. Does anyone make a machine that isn't so deep?

Virge **

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have had several gas stoves, ovens and this one seems to work perfect for me it doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles it's a plain Jane and I love it. If you're wanting something to cook with that evenly Cooks this is what you would want to buy Amanda is a good Appliance I've had whirlpools, Frigidaire, GE, LG, Samsung but this is really good for just plain cooking.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Refrigerator has unique closed seal feature. When door is closed, vacuum seal is created by small pump. Feature keeps door sealed more tightly, but sometimes difficult to open. Model has only one shelf, two shelves would be more versatile.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

This stove is the worst!!!! Oven doesn't stay hot, can't bake using both oven racks because one rack will not bake at all, top surface scratches easily when trying to move a pot, no top light, melt element burns the food, drawer keeps coming off track. Space between top and back, space between top and oven door. I would never recommend this stove, it's not two years old but I've disliked it from the get-go.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Have a 1 yr and 4 month old 17 SEER Amana air conditioning unit and already parts are failing. The unit inside the garage was leaking a few weeks back for no reason, and the compressor just broke. A piece of junk and they don’t transfer extended warranties with terrible customer service. It’s rated as the bargain brand for a reason - spend the extra money and get a Trane.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Bought $700.00 dollar stove in April. Got it in June so stove for cooking all this time without one. Now I get the darn thing and can't use the drawer on it. It does not slide at all so now I need storage.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I ordered and received the Amana Model AZF33X20DW03 Upright freezer in March 2020 and received it in toward the end of May 2020. The freezer cost $913.50 and lasted one year and quit freezing. There was just over $400.00 worth of food destroyed. Rona Hardware said they will not cover the freezer as it is just off warranty. Given there are really only a few appliance manufacturers globally it seems they finally cornered the market by removing the competition from the equation. How are consumers supposed to afford replacing brand new appliances on a yearly basis?

Original review: May 7, 2021

Purchased a stand up freezer in fall of 2019, manufactured date on back is June 2019! 4 months after the 1 year warranty date has passed, I've already replaced the heater coil at a cost of 200.00. For the past 6 months I've had to empty and defrost the coils at least 5 times! After replacing the coil (which was checked for continuity and failed), I still have issues! So who knows how many other parts are needed to fix the issue. Amana has basically said, "Too bad, you're on your own," after condescendingly "explaining" how to care for my freezer!! It's only the second freezer I've ever owned, the last one having served me well for more than 15 years, but that wasn't a garbage Amana product!!

Amana Appliances author review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team