Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

527 Amana Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

This isn't a NEW model fridge. I purchased it back in 1991. I've never had to repair it. It just keeps on running! Once, my daughter didn't close the door all the way, so the fridge ran constantly all night long and had quit running by the following morning. I unplugged it and let the motor cool down. When I restarted it, it ran like before and has been running since. It still looks good, not new, but presentable. I'm holding off replacing it since I've heard the newer fridges aren't made to last. It's not as energy efficient as a new model, but, last I checked, it's not an energy hog either.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We have had this unit for 25 years and never a minutes trouble. First one with the freezer on the bottom. Just love it. No computers, no ice maker, less things to go wrong. How much more can I say? It works great, it was a great price (at the old circuit city) and it still works great!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

It has a bottom freezer which is easy to get to & arrange. Also with an automatic ice maker. The refrigerator shelves are glass so you aren't likely to "lose" items. Shelves in door are adjustable to fit any need. Everything comes out so it is easy to clean. Outside is also easy to clean & no streaking. I Love It!!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

This one was in the house when we bought it and it works great. No need to replace what is working so I am not going to be buying a new one anytime soon. This one is over the oven and it is stainless steel and looks good where it is.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Was purchasing my first washer & dryer and, quite frankly, looking for best value I could find. Bought Amana washer and dryer and while I don't do tons of laundry, they have both been great. Especially like that the washer has sensing to determine optimal water level. Only thing I'm not crazy about, and this is nit-picking, there is no buzzer to indicate that a load is done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Would not fix my oven less than a year old with purchased warranty for their faulty mother board. Used once and went out. Repairs are as much as the oven cost.

Gave no reason why or what the warranty covers. If not the mother board, elements???? How cheap. I can change those myself.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Our three year old Amana bottom freezer fridge did not cool the upper fridge. After checking coils, etc. called a repairman who took about 5 minutes to diagnose the problem: control board failure. $200+ (Canadian) for the part, $135 service call, plus tax. Just under $400. I've suggested to Amana/Whirlpool that they consider building a better product. Repair guy sees it often. He carries the boards in his van. He did say that Whirlpool brands are getting worse, but couldn't say who was getting better. Sad and annoying and just bad business by a company that could do better, but probably won't.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

French doors are great. The cover over the meat keeper broke and can’t be repaired or replaced. Freezer is nice, but I struggle to find anything in it, however the two sliding drawers are nice. Great ice maker, keeps up easily.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The Amana is good sized, refrigerator on top, freezer on bottom. Shelves have good sizing, everything fits well. It is easy to clean. It is not overly loaded, so it runs pretty well. The compartments are comfortably sized and the drawers are easy to take out to clean.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

We have had our Amana refrigerator for over 26 years and it is still going strong. I have always been pleased with its performance and will be sorry when I have to replace it. They don't make them to last anymore.

Amana Appliances expert review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple size options in a freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout