Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.56/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

501 Amana Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

This stove is really easy to use and clean. It is not like the old style where you have to lift the top to clean underneath. The oven is very easy to clean also. The burners are easy lighting and also the oven is too.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Was purchasing my first washer & dryer and, quite frankly, looking for best value I could find. Bought Amana washer and dryer and while I don't do tons of laundry, they have both been great. Especially like that the washer has sensing to determine optimal water level. Only thing I'm not crazy about, and this is nit-picking, there is no buzzer to indicate that a load is done.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Washer and dryer were in the house when I purchased the house and they were new. But I have 2 issues with the washer. It does not have a liquid fabric softener dispenser and the bleach dispenser has spotted some of my dark clothing. The washer washes small to extra large loads also delicate. But it appears not to empty fully so I no longer use it. On the other hand, the dryer works well and has many selections for air to time setting to auto dry.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Front left burner is not working properly. Only outside rings of coil are heating up. Took forever to boil but never came to a rolling boil. My pasta was a big pile of mush. Worst stove I have ever owned!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Five week old Amana refrigerator is broken. ‘They’ cannot repair for two days. Over 200$ of food thrown out. House is on market. What a mess. Amana does not care about food loss. Amana does not care about 2 hours spent throwing out food, washing containers; and refrigerator.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: April 1, 2019

I purchased the dryer and it STINKS! They will come out to look at it, but saying there could be an $88 charge. I'm already LESS than impressed with Amana and now they want to charge me MORE money. This is a horrible experience. I would recommend everyone looking to buy elsewhere as Amana does not stand behind their products and their products are crap.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have purchased several washers of this model over the last few years. Never again. I have had to have a service tech out to repair it five different times. They have replaced a coupler, transmission, motor, solenoid and issue of not emptying. I purchased the five year extended warranty because the one year warranty was up by about three months when the first one broke. So the repairman came out to fix it. It was going to cost me more than replacing it with a new one (that keeps breaking). I will never buy an Amana again.

Original review: March 26, 2019

On February 21, 2018, I bought an Amana electric range from Brandsmart in Miami. In April 2018, the oven light went out. A technician came and replaced the bulb. In July the oven light went out again. Again the technician came and replaced the bulb. In September the same thing happened. The technician came out and replaced a part. It worked from September 2018 until March 2019. On March 25, 2019, the oven light came on by itself and stays on. I turned off the circuit breaker to the range. I turned it back on and the oven light started flickering on and off. Then it came on again and has not gone off, even though the door is closed.

I have reported the matter repeatedly to both Brandsmart and Amana. Because I did not buy extended warranty; they both want me to pay an upfront fee of $69.99 to have the technician come to my home; to fix the same problem that he did not resolve 3 times prior. Plus another $69.99 to purchase parts. This is not a new problem - it's been ongoing for over a year and they cannot resolve it. I am reporting them to the Consumer Affairs department to get a refund of my $549.00.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I bought an Amana clothes washer in December and it died on March 6th. I have contacted the company about trying to get a refund and got a form letter and a rude customer service person... I'm sending them a certified letter and then filing in small claims court to try to get my money back. So save yourself a hassle and buy another brand.

Original review: March 10, 2019

My washer has pre-set programmed settings for the water level! My clothes barely get wet and the washer stops adding water and starts washing! I bought the washer approximately 4 years ago! It is almost useless! I have to add water by hand and I wash certain items twice! My washer leaks periodically as well. Had repairman come and he told me I had to tell him where it was leaking from to be FIXED. So we couldn't get it to leak while he was here so it was never fixed and still leaks! He also said there is no way to change the pre-set water levels! Thank God my washer is in the garage or my house would have been flooded dozens of times! Jax, Fl D.

Original review: March 9, 2019

We bought a smooth top Amana range in October of 2015. Recently the glass top shattered...sounding like gun fire. One of the burners no longer functions. Is this a common problem? The replacement top will cost more than half of the cost of a new range.

Original review: March 4, 2019

In late 2017 we purchased an Amana Electric stove top, oven and dishwasher, a Whirlpool vent hood and a garbage disposal. To date (3-1-2019) the only thing that has worked properly is the garbage disposal. These were not top of the line, but were not bottom end either. The dishwasher never worked and the motor had to be replaced right after it was installed. The stove top had a burner that didn't work, and the burners wobble. The oven also never worked correctly, and they had to replace the sensor, element and core shortly after it was installed.

Now just a little over a year later the vent hood motor is having problems, you turn it on and the speed goes up and down by itself. I called the customer experience line, and of course since it is just now out of warranty they will not do anything about it. We bought, and had all of the appliances installed from a reputable dealer who has been in business many years, and we were happy with their service, but I will never buy Amana or Whirlpool again.

Also a word of caution to anyone who has young children, the Amana electric oven has a dangerous design flaw. The air in the oven circulates and blows hot air out the vent at the bottom. If any young children were to touch this it would burn their fingers. It is a shame that Amana/Whirlpool obviously has no quality control and uses shoddy parts. Luckily for us we purchased an independent warranty plan for the stove top, oven, and dishwasher, as I'm quite sure Whirlpool warranty would be as lousy as their products.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Beware the Amana company. I don't like to give bad reviews to companies but the time has come. Our church bought a new side by side Amana refrigerator/freezer in August. It worked until the middle of December and then it started warming up. It was turned up to the coldest settings and still continued to not do its job. Frozen foods are cold but not frozen. January 3rd I called Amana and a technician came out on the 14th. He said, "It needs fixed but I don't have to tools to do it."

About 10 days later another tech came out and said, "It needs a new part but I don't have one with me". The next week he came and replaced the part but it still didn't work. I called Amana again and told them since it's still under warranty, we want a new appliance. I was told they don't do that unless a technician comes 2 times and he has to say it doesn't work. We had 3 visits. She said she would send out their top technician because he would know what is going on. Apparently the others didn't. He was supposed to come on Thursday but they called and canceled because they had scheduled the wrong technician. Rescheduled for today, Monday February 25 but cancelled because their truck broke down.

We are finding it very inconvenient to have an appliance that hasn't worked for over 2 months, wouldn't you? Now scheduled for Friday. We will see. The only help I got was when I went to the manager of Home Depot about it and he got after them about it but still far from resolved. I imagine that Amana has some good appliances and we got a lemon. The appliances are questionable but the company is terrible to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Have gone thru 4 repairs for the main board and temp probe in one year. For Amana aer6303mfs1 model glass top range. Now it's out of warranty and it's messing up again. Gives an f3 o3 error code and the oven won't go above 275 degrees. Will never buy from them again. Bought at Home Depot.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Because of improvements, the machine now uses twice as much water to do half as many pieces of clothing and linens. Dispenser gadgets do not work. The hot water feature actually means the tepid water feature and that is not the fault of my hot water heater. But the very worst thing is that something about the agitator and spin functions tears the clothing. I actually have begun to fear the darn thing.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

They were no help to me at all about reimbursing me anything on both washer and dryer, which were not that old. I had terrible problems with both. Would never buy a front loader again. The company wanted to give me a percentage off of my new dryer (this broke down first) which had cost so much less. I did not think that was fair.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We bought our Amana fridge last year...it is still under warranty. Three days ago it stopped working...very warm inside. The first person I spoke to at Amana/Whirlpool said I would have to wait a week for service. She was very unhelpful, couldn't have sounded less interested. I found a local repairman who said he could do warranty work for Amana & could come at once but needed a dispatch number. When I phoned Amana again I got a more helpful person & the repair man came that day. However the fridge needs a new part & so I still have to wait until next week. Luckily we're having very cold weather so all my food is out in Mother Nature's refrigerator! Having read all the above reviews I'm hoping that I don't have a total lemon. We bought the fridge because it was the only one that fit the space we have...but I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The lint trap was not working. It’s the water levels were not filling up. Another hot water is this going into the machine and don’t know why. It’s only four months old and I think our guarantee is over.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Bought a new Amana washer/dryer in November 2018. Used it for 2 months and it quit working. Faulty motor had to be replaced. Very poor quality. We would

definitely never purchase another Amana product.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I got this product installed in my rented house by the landlord. The machine stopped working on the first week right before Christmas. We waited 10 days for repair guy to come and fix it. The machine is new so he billed $340 the insurance or whatever. Two laundry loads later the machine is dead again. I ruined my laundry because I put the detergent and the bleach and had to wait another week for another repair guy to come. I'm not going to be surprised if it dies again soon after... I wonder if all the "happy customers'" reviews are actually submitted by the customers. I also wonder if my review will be screened out and removed from this site. I'm gonna post it everywhere though. Save your money and save yourself from the troubles. Get something that is not so cheaply made.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Bought an electric dryer, model #NED4655EW on 11/22/18. It was delivered on 11/27/18. Used it on 11/28/18. Went to use it on 12/4/18 and it wouldn't dry. Called company and they stated it was past the 48 hr window for return and they would have to send a technician out to service it. I stated to them that I had used it only once and it should fall under the lemon law. Will never purchase another Amana product. Brand new but already needing service after one week. So everyone please know that Amana sells junk!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I purchased a new Amana stove for a rental property in GA at the beginning of Sept. It has NEVER worked. When I called they said they could only speak to the tenant, when she called it was past the 48 hours of delivery and since I didn’t get the warranty they would have someone come out and repair it... ok fine. The company was a no-show and no call twice. Then I get a letter from the GA housing authority that I am required to have a working stove within two days.

I was forced to purchase a second stove for the renting family. I called and called Amana to pick up the useless stove and credit my account. They were extremely rude on the phone and refused to take it back. Not when I call the new repair company told me it would be fixed the day after Thanksgiving, following up today they now say the part is on backorder until next month. This will be three months now that I purchased the stove and fortunately am paying zero interest on through HD. I cannot believe the lack of customer service with Amana. I will NEVER EVER do any business with them again!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a brand new washer and dryer set, just over a year the washer quit working. I called Amana and they covered it under warranty, 2 weeks later it quit again doing the exact same thing it was doing before, and now they won't cover it again because I'm out of warranty time coverage. So I'm stuck with a broken washer that's just over a year old. ***BUYER BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM AMANA***

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Purchased a brand new PTAC for my apartment. Unit was professionally installed and vibrates so bad it rattles the grates inside the window the unit is mounted under. The unit is less the 30 days old and Amana claims I will have to pay for the diagnostics and labor to fix or replace the unit. Their claim is the unit cannot be returned after it is installed. The warranty is worthless if you get a defective unit, and you will be paying something to have it repaired when it breaks or if it even works correctly after installed.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Stay away from Amana. The cheap, plastic handle on my 2-year old Amana dryer broke off. I sent them an email asking them to replace it, as most reputable companies would happily do so for a customer. They took several days to respond and then asked me for the date of purchase. When I provided that date, they replied saying that they would not replace the part as the warranty had expired. They then directed me to their replacement parts webpage, where they were asking for $32.49 for a replacement part. Within 30 seconds, I found the same part being sold on Amazon for $4.99. So not only are they unhelpful, but they are trying to gouge the very customers who purchased their products in the first place. I will not be purchasing any Amana products in the future and highly recommend that you do the same.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

When my Amana fridge was delivered I noticed a lot of scratches on one side and a dent on the other. I immediately contacted my salesmen and sent him pictures of damages. Waited weeks for response and was offered a small credit. They were not willing to replace the fridge. I contacted Amana's customer service and got no satisfaction at all. Stuck with a scratched up and dented fridge! Amana - NOT a good buy.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

These HE washers do not work to clean your clothes. They are a joke. They are seriously horrible and do not clean your clothes at all...no matter what detergent you use, amount of water, cycle, limit the clothing items you put in, etc. They all stink and come out dirty. Do not waste your money on one of these...you will regret it.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The organization I represent purchased 224 Amana/Goodman PTAC units in 2013, we have had nothing but issue after issue with this product since installation. Blown fuses, wiring issues, incorrect fuse holders, etc... Now there is a product recall on 160 of the units, we submitted the application and Amana sent us the parts to perform the upgrade ourselves. When I called the phone number provided for the recall they tell me to contact Amana in regard to the labor. When I contact Amana they tell me apply online. I would not recommend purchasing any product from this organization.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Purchased a Washer and Dryer from the NEX online back May. The dryer had issues of turning itself off. It would stay on unless someone opened the door or turned it off. I thought it was the times and purchase another one for $83. Now the dryer has stopped working all together, no wonder this brand has cheap prices. BEWARE. Do NOT purchase Amana products!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Our Kenmore Elite (made by Whirlpool) upright freezer died after 5 years. To me that's a short lifespan. We purchased a new Amana upright freezer (also made by Whirlpool) to replace it February 18, 2018 and today (June 11, 2018) now refuses to freeze anything. It runs constantly but will not freeze even though it's set to "deep freeze". Called for a repair which is coming tomorrow so I'll see how this plays out. Probably a nightmare. In addition and while dealing with the freezer our Whirlpool refrigerator has now also died at 9 years. Again doesn't this seem a bit short? The Consumer Reports and others say 10 to 15 years is normal... so honestly is Whirlpool now building junk?

Updated on 07/12/2018: I wrote an initial review on June 11 about my experience with Whirlpool. This is an update: I just want you to know how completely disenchanted I am with Whirlpool products. We purchased a Kenmore Elite freezer (made by Whirlpool) approx. 5 years ago and it died prematurely last February. Then in February we replaced it with an Amana freezer (also made by Whirlpool) and it too has died now after 4 months. THE REPAIRMAN CAME TODAY AND HE CAN'T FIX IT. In addition our Kenmore Elite refrigerator (made by Whirlpool) has also died prematurely two days ago and it also can’t be fixed.

So right now we have no freezer and no fridge and it’s going to take days to figure out what the next move is... replace??? So who pays for all the food product we have lost?? I’m absolutely disgusted with Whirlpool products. In communicating with Whirlpool their attitude was lack-lustre. It goes through a process that takes days to complete and weeks to get a replacement if they even agree to do that. In the meantime we have lost hundreds of dollars in food and no-one cares. Never again will I buy Whirlpool.

Amana Appliances expert review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple size options in a freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout