4.0/5 (672 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Amana Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

2 month old washer dryer both quit. Was unable to get Amana to fix it, Lowe's gave me my money back. Amana is junk and take my advice STAY AWAY. Using a washboard and a clothesline would be a better option than Amana...JUNK. PLEASE STAY AWAY.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Dec 5, 2022. Purchased an Amana electric range, Mod ACR4303MFW7, on Oct 23. Delivered a couple weeks later. Now when using the oven the burners also heat up. Placed a repair order. Won't get any service call until end of December. Looks like I will be cooking outside on a camp stove for the rest of the month while my new stove sits unused. Stove is very cheaply made, very thin tin. Save yourself some hassle, buy a better brand.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Just bought this Amana electric range stove. One burner completely went out after a month and the other ones are constantly shutting down while you are cooking then come back on. Makes it hard to cook anything even or quick! Will never buy this brand again!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Brand new fridge, only used for 2 months, motor stopped working back in July/2022, technician came over, submitted report and I've been waiting for authorization to have it replaced since then. Meantime I have a young child who hasn't been able to drink a simple cold milk or buy groceries for my house because of this 3 month delay, not to mention the amount of money I've spent HAVING TO ORDER IN twice a day, for 3 months!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BRAND!!! They're horrible at phone and email customer service. You'll go through hell as I am going!!!! Shame on this brand!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Amana washer, I bought broke down after 6 months with minimal usage. The service person who came to fix it told me it would take 8 weeks to get the replacement part. I contacted the repair company and was told to contact Whirlpool customer service directly since a customer had more clout. The Whirlpool customer service was horrible. Automated only with no option to speak to a customer service representative. I chose the call back feature and was given a date one week later when they would contact me. Absolutely frustrated. Happy for those folks that got a good machine and hope those that decide to purchase don't get the same experience with the washer or the horrid customer service.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I had an older HVAC Heat Pump System that was malfunctioning. A repair tech told me it would be over $2K to repair and sold me on a brand new Amana system for nearly $9K. It included all new exterior and interior units. I was told a "peace of mind" to have a warranty for 10 years. I had this unit installed in January of 2019. Now, in August of 2022, I come home from vacation with a 100 degree house and a unit that won't power on. The tech came and said the coil failed and the unit leaked all coolant. The coil itself is covered under warranty, however over $900 to install. The coolant which leaked caused by the faulty coil is also not covered and cost over $1,300 to re-fill. The tech said "We would normally recommend a new system, but yours is basically brand new." I called AMANA customer service to see if there is anything they could do and they said no. I highly suggest another brand!!!

Original review: July 31, 2022

I owned it less than 6 months and constant problems and now does not work at all. Motor is defective. I paid a lot of money for this piece of **! Did not dry, in beginning and rinse aid compartment doesn't work and now motor does not work. Horrible!!!

Original review: July 15, 2022

Purchased new Amana Freezer AZF33X16DW08 in Jan. 2022. Compressor failed within 5 months. Took 1 week for a service tech to come and tell me the problem and that no repair date could be determined as replacement parts were not readily available. I called 1-800 again to check on repair status and was told that "Our warranty does not specify a time frame for repairs" and they said they could require 21 days to let me know the next course of action. I told them that was unacceptable and requested a refund or replacement. The answer was NO. But they offered $150 if I wanted. Not sure how that would help freeze my food....

We buy appliances to fulfill daily needs, losing them for a month at a time is unacceptable. Shameful product support!

Original review: July 5, 2022

These stoves are junk.. In the 1st month the control board went but fortunately that was replaced under warranty. Now 3 years later the control board has gone again the real kicker is the control board costs more than the whole stove now the stove has to be thrown out. Do not buy Amana.

Mike

Original review: May 24, 2022

Total failure of compressor after 26 months. It would have cost me more than I paid for it to fix it. Amana did not stand up for its product but rather hid behind an extended warranty excuse. Customer service was awful and referred me to an Amana certified inspector who called me to tell me that they don't deal with compressor issues and the appointment was 3 weeks out and I had already paid $220 for the the locally-owned dealer I bought it from inspector to look at it. Gave up and bought a GE fridge online at Best Buy and it was delivered in 4 days. Will never buy Amana or Whirlpool again.

Amana Appliances author review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team