2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

Amana Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: May 23, 2020

It is Amana Washer & Dryer that came with my house. Does very good job and I can choose water level for small loads. (Newer models do not allow in Calif.) It has second rinse option and dryer works great. Do not want front load washer or fancy model. This is really good for money paid.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Finally decided to replace freezer door gasket as its cracked; dug through my receipts and was surprised that we purchased it new, in 1992. Around the time that free trade started, so ordered it from USA through Buffalo, delivered to my front door and uncrated. I don't think there are too many appliances that run 28 years and going strong without a problem. Replacing the gasket is an easy fix.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

This isn't a NEW model fridge. I purchased it back in 1991. I've never had to repair it. It just keeps on running! Once, my daughter didn't close the door all the way, so the fridge ran constantly all night long and had quit running by the following morning. I unplugged it and let the motor cool down. When I restarted it, it ran like before and has been running since. It still looks good, not new, but presentable. I'm holding off replacing it since I've heard the newer fridges aren't made to last. It's not as energy efficient as a new model, but, last I checked, it's not an energy hog either.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We have had this unit for 25 years and never a minutes trouble. First one with the freezer on the bottom. Just love it. No computers, no ice maker, less things to go wrong. How much more can I say? It works great, it was a great price (at the old circuit city) and it still works great!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

It has a bottom freezer which is easy to get to & arrange. Also with an automatic ice maker. The refrigerator shelves are glass so you aren't likely to "lose" items. Shelves in door are adjustable to fit any need. Everything comes out so it is easy to clean. Outside is also easy to clean & no streaking. I Love It!!!

Original review: June 18, 2020

The Amana unit came with a ten year warranty and the condensing coil started leaking after 5 years. It was replaced at no cost to me as far as parts and labor.. It is now 7 years old with no other problems and we have been very pleased.

Original review: June 5, 2020

???? Amana Whirlpool Whirlpool Customer Care Center. The whole 4 MONTH experience to have our fridge replaced has been a joke. We have had 4 service technicians come out in order to decide we need the whole refrigerator replaced. Then it couldn't be shipped out for a whole month. Now it was supposed to be delivered today June 5th 2020 between 1:30-5:30pm. Only to be told that J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. Couldn't deliver it when they scheduled to because the driver ran out of hours, not blaming the driver. I blame the company for putting too many on the load so it couldn't be delivered on a 3 day ahead scheduled appointment.

It absolutely should not take 4 freaking months to get a refrigerator much less during COVID-19 putting my family in more "Danger" to have to go to the store more for our needs for a family of 6. Not to mention both my husband and daugthers medications have to be kept cold. THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD WITH A WARRANTY ISSUE. I personally expected better from every company list because we have had issues with each department leading up to not have a working refrigerator for 4 months.. Only buy these products if you expect to never have to deal with horrible customer service and overall horrible experience. #whirlpoolsucks #whirlpoolcustomerservicesucks #amanasucks #fedup #Corona_Virus #medicalneeds

Original review: May 24, 2020

Dryer spews lint out from around the lint trap door. It has since we bought it and has progressively gotten worse. The lint trap door is on the top of the dryer. Whole house ends with a layer of "dust" every time laundry is done. Laundry room gets a nice layer of lint in it as well. Since this is a gas dryer, I have concerns about this being a fire hazard. Didn't fully appreciate the quantity of lint being spewed until after warrant was expired. Didn't contact company due to this, but it has been this way since it was delivered, just has gotten worse.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I had an Amana for a very long time. It was always reliable. I switched to a more expensive digital brand and hated it. Always had issues. I just went back to a basic amana and I couldn’t be happier.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I bought a matched set Amana Washer and Dryer in 2000. I have washed and dried three loads a week since I got the machines. They are still in use and working well. I have never had to call a repairman. That's dependability and quality. Love It.

Amana Appliances author review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team