2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Amana Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

What I like best is the way the inside is organized. The door have various sized compartments and hold a lot of smaller items as well as tall items. I have a freezer on the bottom and it is much bigger than my former standard fridge. The pull out drawer makes things easy to find. The only problem I have is that food easily slips behind the shelves and falls below the shelves.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

We bought our Amana side by side in 1980 when we moved to our new house. I believe it is a 24.5 cubic feet. Durability...it is still working excellently and that's a sign of quality. That's 30 years and still kicking. We never had any repair on it nor have any problem with the cooling system. The only one that gave up was the drinking water line after 15 years of drinking service to my family. Service that I have done was annually clean and vacuum the accumulated dust at the bottom of the refrigerator including clean the drain pan. That's it. If I need to replace this old workhorse in my kitchen I'll purchase another Amana refrigerator. I shared our experience with our friends around and some of them bought this brand.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 23, 2020

It is Amana Washer & Dryer that came with my house. Does very good job and I can choose water level for small loads. (Newer models do not allow in Calif.) It has second rinse option and dryer works great. Do not want front load washer or fancy model. This is really good for money paid.

Original review: May 13, 2020

My Amana washing machine does a great job that makes my laundry day fantastic. I love using it and my male companion uses it to wash his suits. I could have never purchased a more durable washer and it does not use too much electricity. I am very proud of my washer.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Finally decided to replace freezer door gasket as its cracked; dug through my receipts and was surprised that we purchased it new, in 1992. Around the time that free trade started, so ordered it from USA through Buffalo, delivered to my front door and uncrated. I don't think there are too many appliances that run 28 years and going strong without a problem. Replacing the gasket is an easy fix.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Bought and Menards and of course they offer no customer service so I was forced to call the company and of course no help either. On hold for over 2 hours with no one to offer any help. Estimated wait time kept increasing and then the I was disconnected and had to start over again multiple times.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I bought my Amana Ntw4650yq0 washer new about 5 years ago and it won't spin. I do not recommend the 4600 series and I will never purchase another Amana product because you can't actually contact them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased an Amana HVAC system and in a little over a year- in the middle of summer it has broke 3 times. We have gone without an AC in Texas for 12 days. I contacted their corporate office and they were no help. I also contacted the distributor and they put me in contact with the regional tech and he told me I needed to be willing to spend some money to try to find the problem. This is unacceptable in my opinion. I am very frustrated and would never recommend this brand.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Our fridge is 20 years old and we encountered our first issue a few months ago. There is a detailed description of problems and solutions on the internet and my husband was able to fix the problem for less than $40.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

We purchased a NEW Amana Electric range model #AER6303MFS2 11 MONTHS AGO. Heat escaping from the stove seems to be excessive when cooking. Kitchen gets uncomfortable hot. Had Amana technician check (8/24/2020) and during the heat cycle (with stove set at 350 F) stove registered (with tech's instruments) a low of 328F and a high of 382F....a 54 degree swing??? Tech indicated this was normal range. This seems excessive on both ends. Spoke to Home Depot and their appliance salespeople could not confirm or deny this 54 degree range as being normal! Contacted Amana thru survey channel and have not received any response. Looking at replacing stove with another brand that has better heat control.

Amana Appliances author review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team