Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amana Appliances Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

This isn't a NEW model fridge. I purchased it back in 1991. I've never had to repair it. It just keeps on running! Once, my daughter didn't close the door all the way, so the fridge ran constantly all night long and had quit running by the following morning. I unplugged it and let the motor cool down. When I restarted it, it ran like before and has been running since. It still looks good, not new, but presentable. I'm holding off replacing it since I've heard the newer fridges aren't made to last. It's not as energy efficient as a new model, but, last I checked, it's not an energy hog either.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We have had this unit for 25 years and never a minutes trouble. First one with the freezer on the bottom. Just love it. No computers, no ice maker, less things to go wrong. How much more can I say? It works great, it was a great price (at the old circuit city) and it still works great!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

It has a bottom freezer which is easy to get to & arrange. Also with an automatic ice maker. The refrigerator shelves are glass so you aren't likely to "lose" items. Shelves in door are adjustable to fit any need. Everything comes out so it is easy to clean. Outside is also easy to clean & no streaking. I Love It!!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

This one was in the house when we bought it and it works great. No need to replace what is working so I am not going to be buying a new one anytime soon. This one is over the oven and it is stainless steel and looks good where it is.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Was purchasing my first washer & dryer and, quite frankly, looking for best value I could find. Bought Amana washer and dryer and while I don't do tons of laundry, they have both been great. Especially like that the washer has sensing to determine optimal water level. Only thing I'm not crazy about, and this is nit-picking, there is no buzzer to indicate that a load is done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I brought an Amana washer and dryer set in 2015. Four years later, the washer works great, the dryer quit, so now I have to replace a dryer that should have lasted a lot longer than four years. If you're in the market for a new washer and dryer, don't buy Amana. I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The Amana washer and dryer came with the apt we rented. The apt had been renovated with new cabinets and appliances. Only the washer and dryer are Amana. Both the washer and dryer (side by side) are full size. The washer takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to wash a normal size load. The dryer takes 2 hours to dry a normal size load. The maintainence people told me Amana machines are very slow and there is nothing they can do. My electric bill is almost $300 a month. I have had many washers and dryers over the years. Never have I experienced this. A normal size load should not take more than an hour. NEVER buy either the Amana washer or dryer. I am actually considering buying my own washer and dryer. Even though having these are part of my rent. I even tried washing a very small load and it still took over an hour to wash and an over an hour to dry in these awful appliances. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Installed Amana in new home in 2013 and have had to replace air handler twice, so I am on my third in six years. Warranty fortunately covered leak in coil twice, but the labor has cost me thousands of dollars. Since the handler is obviously a defect by Amana- I wrote a nice letter asking for some relief on the labor explaining the situation. Never heard back and obviously they don't care-even if they told me no. I rarely write reviews, their lucky to get one star. Would look seriously at another company

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Two years ago my washing machine died. I bought it used and had it for 17 years. Out of necessity, I purchased the Amana top load he washing machine. It does a terrible job cleaning the clothes and now makes a metal on metal grinding noise when agitating. On my old machine I replaced the clutch in the transmission by myself (6 years before it finally died, I'm female and now 50+ yrs. old), on this new Amana, I can't even get the agitator off to even begin diagnosing the problem. My next machine will be an old wringer washer. I'm tired of everything being designed to fail so you have to replace it. Amana will never have a place in my home again, not a single product.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Would not fix my oven less than a year old with purchased warranty for their faulty mother board. Used once and went out. Repairs are as much as the oven cost.

Gave no reason why or what the warranty covers. If not the mother board, elements???? How cheap. I can change those myself.

Amana Appliances expert review by Jonathan Trout

Amana has been making affordable appliances for cooking, cleaning, heating and cooling for over 80 years. Their line of freezers includes upright or wide designs that range in price from $229 to $649. Capacities range from 5.3 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet.

• Compact chest freezers: Compact chest freezers range in size from 5.3 to 9.0 cubic feet. You can choose from features like rollers for easy movement or multiple baskets for different storage solutions. Prices for compact chest freezers are $269 to $349.

• Chest freezers: Amana’s standard chest freezer is 15 cubic feet and comes with two baskets for easy-access storage. The standard chest freezer costs $549 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor.

• Upright freezers: Amana’s upright freezer has a 16 cubic foot capacity and comes with energy-saving insulation. Its system prevents ice build up, eliminating the need to defrost the freezer. The upright freezer costs $649.

• DeepFreeze Technology: Amana’s DeepFreeze Technology cools the freezer down to negative 8 degrees.

• Fast Freeze Option: Some Amana freezers let you chill large amounts of food quickly. The Fast Freeze Option lets you drive your freezer’s temperature down 10 degrees colder than the lowest setting with the push of a button.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple size options in a freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout