3.07/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

I've used Bissell for years. It works as well as the more expensive brands, in my opinion. Have two for homes with pets, one for my living room rug and one for bare floors. The amount of dirt and hair picked up by both is what I need. The bare floor vacuum literally pulls the dirt out of the floor seams. I have COPD and the ease of using these vacuums allows me to do my own housework. Lightweight, easy to use and dependable. The only thing I would improve on is the cleaning process and the filters.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My Vac is compact, has Lipo re-chargeable battery, cleans as well as top brands, has removable-cleanable filters, no cords to trip over or get unplugged while moving room to room. It's lightweight, 45" tall and the handle folds down along side the base unit for small closet storage. It has a powerful carpet rotary spiral brush that's 9" wide, the motorized brush can be switched off for use on vinyl floors or hard wood. The center unit is removable so it can be used as a separate hand Vac on the steps or stairs and it comes with attachments, brush, crevice tool and 1 extension.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought this Bissell upright after being seriously disappointed in a Dyson we had. Both my husband and I are huge fans. We have a dog and a cat and occasionally take care of our son's corgi. Talk about fur flying. But the Bissell has been up to the challenge. The best part is we got it on sale for a hundred bucks. That was 4 years ago and it’s still working. I bought another on sale because I didn’t expect this one to live long for the price. But the second one is still in the box.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We have a Bissel. It is by far the best vacuum cleaner we have ever had. The main design benefit is that along with the usual features like bagless, easy to clean internal parts, quick change filters, etc etc. The outlet blower is on the side of the machine not at the front like the useless Dyson we had so it does not blow all the dust and dog hairs under the furniture where you cannot retrieve it but away from the walls so it is easy to pick up on the next pass. Living in the desert with Two dogs that shed well and a wife with asthma it is essential top vac at least twice a day so we needed something good and luckily we got the correct one.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Single grandma custody 3 grandsons... I've always loved Bissell carpet cleaners. First one in my 20s. 2nd one in my 40s. Just bought 3rd one in my 60s... New puppy, 3 grandsons, 12×15 small room. Thought I'd have to get new carpet. My carpet looked like it was outside in the parking lot. No exaggeration. BUT the new ProHeat MADE IT LOOK NEW AGAIN. Puppy, teaming boys eating, coffee, bikes in and out apartment, deck door over carpet. THANK YOU BISSELL FOR 40 YEARS OF GREAT CARPET MACHINES AND SAVING ME 1000 OF DOLLARS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have contacted Bissell about my issues and they told me to take unit apart and clean it...? It didn't help one iota. If I use the machine as intended as an upright vacuum it blows all of the debris away from the unit. Basically, I am chasing the dirt and fur across the floor. The fur and dust and dirt goes airborne and disburses across the room.

To clean my floors I have to use the hose pipe. I detach it from the machine head and crawl on my hands and knees (3,200 sq ft home) making sure the machine head is facing away from what I need to pick up or it blows it away. The hose pipe is about 3 ft long so I drag the machine behind me as I go (it is constantly falling over!). The hose pipe comes detached from the whole unit about every 10 feet and I have to reattach it! I am 57 yrs old and I have permanent damage 30% in both hands from an accident. This machine has been a nightmare! The vacuum head started blowing the dirt away about 6 months after purchase. There is no way to repair it. Bissell has no interest in making it right. I should have bought another Shark!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's bad enough when an appliance breaks at 6 months but it's even worse when you get the runaround from the company about the warranty. I purchased this vacuum last March because of the reviews. It worked well until the red foot pedal that turns it on and off fell off last week. It's a plastic part and because we hate waste, tried to superglue the cracked piece together. It didn't hold so my husband called Bissell and we were directed to take the vacuum to a repair shop located about 15 miles away. Good thing he decided to call ahead of time to see if they had the part. He was informed that the shop no longer services Bissell. Somehow, Bissell didn't know that.

He was referred to another repair store but this one was over an hour away and only open Monday - Friday 8-5. They didn't carry the part, either, and said he'd have to bring it, leave it and then they'd order it and we'd get it back when they received the part. Seriously?! Husband called Bissell back asking that they just send us the part. After being put on hold the rep said we'd get an email with information on how they'd send us a new vacuum. We really didn't want a new vacuum but figured they'd just fix it and resell as used. Nope, the grammatically challenged email said we needed to cut off the cord, send it in an envelope they're going to mail us and when they receive the cord they'd send a replacement vacuum.

So, for a part that probably costs a buck (or maybe $2 with the tariffs) they want us to destroy a working machine to place in the trash. Plus we have to wait for them to get around to sending us another vacuum. I'm not confident a new one will last much longer than the first one. Am debating whether to follow their directions or just buy from a different company who is more environmentally conscientious.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Bought(on sale $180)the Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus earlier this year(2019). Was impressed in the very beginning but that changed as time went on. I had another vacuum(not Bissell) I used, but wanted another as a backup, because the regular vac was on its last leg. I used the Bissell here and there. My regular vac recently died so the Bissell is it now. The selling points for me were the no reach in dust cup and no tangle roller. I've had to reach into the dust cup every time I've emptied it and now I have debris wrapped around the brush roll. It sucks ok on hard floors but have had better jobs with other vacs in the past. The tools that fit the wand aren't designed for the best cleaning. The advantages of the vacuum have nothing to do with the suction or the tools. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! I think Bissell, along with Hoover and Eureka, are the brands that were bought by China or Japan a few years ago. That would explain why it's cheaply made.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I have had the Perfect Sweep Turbo for one year and the battery is already failing. I use it on tile floors which should be easy for this sweeper. Unfortunately, it does not work well. The battery should last for 30 minutes but only lasts for 5-10. I called Bissell to stand behind their product and they refused to help. I do not recommend Bissell or this product.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Bissell replaced my cordless vacuum under warranty but in less than a year the other one batteries also fail. Service people are good but their product is not. Look for another brand not this one. Probably batteries are a very cheap ones with very bad reliability. Model 1311 which I bought in Bed Bath & Beyond.

Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners Company Information