Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.46/5

Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners Reviews

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I am a boxer breeder, we have 5 boxers in our home every day then a few months we have 6 or 7 as well as 9-18 puppies and 2 cats as well as 3 kids lol. I own the BISSELL steam vac and love it, I have always bought Bissell and when I seen the first wet dry vac I wanted it but kept putting it off, I decided you only live once and I need easier cleaning lol.

Well this wet dry vac picks it all up!! I am in love, my cleaning is so much easier and faster, no sweeping then mopping, no having to take 30 min to rinse and wash mop heads... this picks up everything!! The dog food or cat food left behind, the baby mush, the cat and dog hair, the sand and mud, the pee puddles and milk spills, the noodles tossed down by the kiddos, literally everything???? Leaves nothing behind, no streaks and you control extra water if you need it, extra cleaning in certain areas and get that floor mat cleaned as you clean your hard floors in one easy swoop... Everything about this machine is as described and it’s beyond easy to use and clean when done your cleaning. Basically if you want a little more ease in your life I recommend this wet dry vac a million times over.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I've used Bissell for years. It works as well as the more expensive brands, in my opinion. Have two for homes with pets, one for my living room rug and one for bare floors. The amount of dirt and hair picked up by both is what I need. The bare floor vacuum literally pulls the dirt out of the floor seams. I have COPD and the ease of using these vacuums allows me to do my own housework. Lightweight, easy to use and dependable. The only thing I would improve on is the cleaning process and the filters.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My Vac is compact, has Lipo re-chargeable battery, cleans as well as top brands, has removable-cleanable filters, no cords to trip over or get unplugged while moving room to room. It's lightweight, 45" tall and the handle folds down along side the base unit for small closet storage. It has a powerful carpet rotary spiral brush that's 9" wide, the motorized brush can be switched off for use on vinyl floors or hard wood. The center unit is removable so it can be used as a separate hand Vac on the steps or stairs and it comes with attachments, brush, crevice tool and 1 extension.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought this Bissell upright after being seriously disappointed in a Dyson we had. Both my husband and I are huge fans. We have a dog and a cat and occasionally take care of our son's corgi. Talk about fur flying. But the Bissell has been up to the challenge. The best part is we got it on sale for a hundred bucks. That was 4 years ago and it’s still working. I bought another on sale because I didn’t expect this one to live long for the price. But the second one is still in the box.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We have a Bissel. It is by far the best vacuum cleaner we have ever had. The main design benefit is that along with the usual features like bagless, easy to clean internal parts, quick change filters, etc etc. The outlet blower is on the side of the machine not at the front like the useless Dyson we had so it does not blow all the dust and dog hairs under the furniture where you cannot retrieve it but away from the walls so it is easy to pick up on the next pass. Living in the desert with Two dogs that shed well and a wife with asthma it is essential top vac at least twice a day so we needed something good and luckily we got the correct one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have never owned a bigger piece of crap than my bosses vacuum. Please keep your records if you buy one because they do not pick up anything and are a waste of money. I was going to buy a Dyson but figured I could save some money but you get what you pay for!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I have had 2 Bissell Proheat 2X PET, used lightly and they have both stopped dispensing fluid after about 5 times use. The second one was a refurbished one Bissell sent me to replace the first defective one. I only use the cleaner about once a year because my carpets are not walked on often, and I have followed the instructions rinsing the machine after each use before storing. Today I tried to use the machine and no fluid will come out and the suction does not work. After going through the troubleshooting steps with no luck, I called customer service and they told me it was out of warranty, but they could give me 20% off on a new Bissell. This is certainly a design flaw since 2 of these had the same problem. It is very upsetting that Bissell will not stand behind their products.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Before you consider purchasing a Bissell robot cleaner, I suggest you consider internal replacement parts that fail. If the robot cleaner fails after the warranty, Bissell will refuse to sell internal parts to owners of the vacuum, rendering it piece of junk. Do not take my word at face value, call 800-237-7691, choose option 2, then 1 and ask for an internal part of a robot vacuum that is out of warranty. You can guess for yourself why they do this. Model 1605R is such a vacuum.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

This product cost nearly $300, and I had high expectations for a great wet/dry vacuum, which I bought it as a Christmas present for my mother - we both wanted it. The wet function is terrible - it leaves streaks and puddles everywhere. The "cleans itself" function is a joke - it just spins in the little tray and makes a bigger mess everywhere - you definitely have to take it apart every time to clean it, or the smell is horrendous. That wouldn't be a problem if the whole thing worked, but it doesn't.

As for suction, it is really weak. On a wood or tile floor, it just blows debris into another direction before you can even try to vacuum it up. If you try to use it even a very low pile rug, it barely suctions - even after multiple passes. When I called customer service to send it back, they said no, because I was 4 days out of the 30 day money back guarantee. And that was because I bought it before Christmas, and we didn't even open it until after. We used it three times and gave up. Complete waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I bought a Bissell Bolt which is a cordless vacuum. I liked its performance. However, after 16 months, it would shut off after a few seconds of vacuuming. I contacted the company and was told that it was probably the rechargeable battery and that there is NO way to replace it. What a waste of materials--I have to throw it away, one more piece of plastic in our landfills.

Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners Company Information