3.37/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

63 Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

I've used Bissell for years. It works as well as the more expensive brands, in my opinion. Have two for homes with pets, one for my living room rug and one for bare floors. The amount of dirt and hair picked up by both is what I need. The bare floor vacuum literally pulls the dirt out of the floor seams. I have COPD and the ease of using these vacuums allows me to do my own housework. Lightweight, easy to use and dependable. The only thing I would improve on is the cleaning process and the filters.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My Vac is compact, has Lipo re-chargeable battery, cleans as well as top brands, has removable-cleanable filters, no cords to trip over or get unplugged while moving room to room. It's lightweight, 45" tall and the handle folds down along side the base unit for small closet storage. It has a powerful carpet rotary spiral brush that's 9" wide, the motorized brush can be switched off for use on vinyl floors or hard wood. The center unit is removable so it can be used as a separate hand Vac on the steps or stairs and it comes with attachments, brush, crevice tool and 1 extension.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought this Bissell upright after being seriously disappointed in a Dyson we had. Both my husband and I are huge fans. We have a dog and a cat and occasionally take care of our son's corgi. Talk about fur flying. But the Bissell has been up to the challenge. The best part is we got it on sale for a hundred bucks. That was 4 years ago and it’s still working. I bought another on sale because I didn’t expect this one to live long for the price. But the second one is still in the box.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We have a Bissel. It is by far the best vacuum cleaner we have ever had. The main design benefit is that along with the usual features like bagless, easy to clean internal parts, quick change filters, etc etc. The outlet blower is on the side of the machine not at the front like the useless Dyson we had so it does not blow all the dust and dog hairs under the furniture where you cannot retrieve it but away from the walls so it is easy to pick up on the next pass. Living in the desert with Two dogs that shed well and a wife with asthma it is essential top vac at least twice a day so we needed something good and luckily we got the correct one.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Single grandma custody 3 grandsons... I've always loved Bissell carpet cleaners. First one in my 20s. 2nd one in my 40s. Just bought 3rd one in my 60s... New puppy, 3 grandsons, 12×15 small room. Thought I'd have to get new carpet. My carpet looked like it was outside in the parking lot. No exaggeration. BUT the new ProHeat MADE IT LOOK NEW AGAIN. Puppy, teaming boys eating, coffee, bikes in and out apartment, deck door over carpet. THANK YOU BISSELL FOR 40 YEARS OF GREAT CARPET MACHINES AND SAVING ME 1000 OF DOLLARS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Bissell replaced my cordless vacuum under warranty but in less than a year the other one batteries also fail. Service people are good but their product is not. Look for another brand not this one. Probably batteries are a very cheap ones with very bad reliability. Model 1311 which I bought in Bed Bath & Beyond.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Very happy with all my Bissell products. Long wear and tear, suction is excellent, not too heavy, have places in front of window in suns rays to see if there was anything from the canister and all was good.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Used it 4 times. The brush roller seized up. Plastic ends on the roller with a metal rod holding it together, it melted? $30.00 for a new roller that is about half the cost of the vacuum? Nothing was caught in it neither no hair or carpet. Bissell used to be a good company, they would not even warranty it. All I got was a no English speaking person from India on the phone. I will not buy another Bissell product ever.

Original review: July 16, 2019

This handheld machine has great suction power even cat hair is easily removed. The machine is also very affordable. The only complaint I have is its awkward size and shape in using it in many places.

Original review: July 15, 2019

For 60$ on sale the Bissell Clean View picks up dirt a regular vacuum cleaner doesn't. It's a good value for the money. Has 3 different tool extensions for cleaning harder to reach areas. I recommend it. Had other 50$ vacuums and they don't even come close to the performance and low price for it.

Bissell Vacuums and Carpet Cleaners Company Information