2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Bissell Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?

Original review: July 31, 2020

Ordered an upright vacuum online for my apartment. It literally stopped working 5 minutes after it was delivered, trying out on my wood floors (electrical smoke came out of it). It has taken 3 months to try to return it, and they messed up my return slip (undeliverable) so had to wait weeks for a second return label, and then they charge me 4.95 from my refund for it (return label)!

Original review: July 11, 2020

I had purchased a Bissell Pro-Pet Vacuum cleaner and after being used for approx 10 times it has stopped working. I have contact more than 3 service center so far. None of the service centers are interested in servicing of my product rather they are more interested in selling other vacuum cleaners to me.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2020

My experience has been disappointing, frustrating and altogether absent where any customer service is concerned. I received the unit, plugged it in and found, to my extreme annoyance, that I couldn't switch between the area rug and hard floor settings, nor could I turn it off so I had unplug it while it was running! I'm addition the lights for water indication did not go on because no water was coming out!!!! I followed the instructions in the user guide and on Bissell's website video and still nothing!!!! In attempting to return the Crosswave Petrol I have spent the first half of the day on hold to Bissell with no answer and the rest of the day on hold with FedEx, again no answer. At present I have no way to return these Bissell items unless I'm willing to spend an insane amount of money to pay the return shipping myself!!!! Which I am not going to do.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Bought this vacuum in January 2020. It stopped working in April. Too late to return to Walmart but under a 2yr warranty, supposedly. There is no authorized dealer in my state. No email support exists (using COVID as excuse) and warning ls about extremely long wait times on phone as well as these reviews has kept me from calling thus far. Motor burned up in less that 3 months? Don't buy anything Bissell.

Original review: April 15, 2020

This is the third machine and all have been crap! I now have had THREE Bissell Vacuum Cleaners (Multi Reach) and ALL THREE HAVE NOT WORKED and Bissell refuses to give me a refund!! Read my experience below. By recommendation from a friend, I bought a Bissell Vacuum. I researched the "Multi Reach Vacuum," on Bissell's own website and purchased it from their own site on Dec. 26, 2019. The Multi Reach, from description, was what I was looking for. Its dual function where it could be a regular vacuum and a hand held along with accessories, plus it was chargeable which I really liked ,not wanting to be tied to a cord and plug while cleaning my hardwood floors.

The FIRST vacuum arrived roughly 5-7 days later. According to instructions, it was supposed to be ready out of the box for about 30 - 45 minutes of usage before needing to be fully charged.... It wasn't. No big deal, so I charged it for around 5 hrs until all 4 lines showing it was fully charged on the machine. I unplugged it from the charger, pushed the power button and.... Nothing. Did it again, several times, no power. The 4 lines were showing that it was fully charged. I called Bissell the next day, the customer rep apologized and said another vacuum would be sent (same model), they also said to keep the vacuum that did not work. (?)

So another 5-7 days go by and the SECOND vacuum arrived. Also did not work straight out of box. I charged it and like the first, the power button did not work.... Once! A few days later I went to use it again and no power and it showed 3 bars of power. I charged it 4 bars, just in case. Still power button did not work.

Again I called Bissell, again apologies. I told the Rep this was ridiculous that two machines had the same problem and apparently it is the power switch. This time they emailed a Return Label and told me to send it back by Fed Ex. They wanted to send to their repair dept, to see the problem and once received they would email me within 10 days upon receiving the return. Then Rep said in the mean time they would send a THIRD machine. I said I just want my money back. When he said to give the 3rd machine a chance, I stupidly agreed.... I just wanted to clean my home.

I tracked the Fed Ex return and Bissell received the Second machine within 5 days. I never received an email telling me what the repair dept found. I called them and basically said all this and where was my Third machine? The rep, again apologized and said he was sending the THIRD machine out and said these EXACT words: "I promise you (my name) you will never have that problem again with this machine."

The THIRD Multi Reach Vac arrived 7 days later. This time the battery would not charge. So again never worked! The battery was bad. So both the switch and battery were bad. I then emailed Customer Service, said no more vacuums, I wanted a refund ASAP! After much back and forth Emails telling me the 30 day refund was expired and even said the warranty was expired. I responded it was on a Two Year warranty and that this was the THIRD machine in 3 months that did not work and I haven't even been able to use any of these machines. And, that most of the "30 days" for the refund had been taken up with my have to send back vacuums and waiting to receive replacements.

About 2 days later after last email with Customer Service, a woman called me from "Corporate" and said they had reviewed my case and they were "willing" to give me another machine (which would now be a FOURTH Multi Reach) or give me 30% off another product, but again NO refund because I was beyond the 30 refund policy. I called again today, and saying send me the FOURTH machine. They requested I send back the Third machine. I did today.

So now I am waiting on a FOURTH MACHINE. I realize you are wondering why would I allow another machine? Because I can't get a refund (which makes me incredibly Angry) and I need a vacuum. When the FOURTH Multi Reach Vacuum arrives, I will update this review. (And try not to make it a novel) ;-). But, I will NEVER recommend Bissell, No One should have to go through the hassle as I have. And a company that acknowledges that the machines are bad but still refuse to refund the purchase is as far as I am concerned CHEATS!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Bought a brand new vacuum cleaner and three extra bags for it. The items arrive separately. When I receive the vacuum cleaner it was VISIBLY used as there was damage, scratches, and even dirt on the wheels and hose. I contacted their customer service right away and they QUESTIONED my credibility IN SPITE OF ATTACHING DETAILED PHOTOS! Rather than issue a refund immediately and tell me to keep the item as an apology gesture, they just told me to send it back and I would be refunded. I sent both the vacuum cleaner and the extra bags in the same box, so the refund could be processed all at once.

I get a refund after weeks and it is only for the vacuum! Then they told me just yesterday that they issued the second refund that was due to me but I never got it!! And on top of it it was incorrect!! Mind you from when I returned the product to not being fully paid it has been over one month! BISSELL IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN TERMS OF PRODUCT QUALITY AND SERVICE AND REFUND PROCESS! It is obvious they purposely rip off their customers, I am proof of it!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Got the Bissell Proheat carpet cleaner on Dec. 23, 2019 at Walmart. Used it for the first time this morning (1/6/2020). After cleaning a 20 x 10 ft area of my living room (about half of my living room) and filling the bladder tank up 3 times, the suctioning just stopped. Half of the living room is a wet mess. Even when it suctioned for about 10 minutes, the suction was so weak it would pull much water back into the bladder dirty water system. Please do not buy this piece of weak junk. I am practically in tears. My living room carpet is soggy, dirty and I have company coming tomorrow. I will have to go rent a cleaner. I just hope my floor beneath the carpet does not swell up and be permanently damaged from the water that is still just sitting there. Again, this is a piece of JUNK and Bissell should be embarrassed to sell this piece of junk that rates a big 0 or negative 1000!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I paid $200 for this crap. The steamer stopped working after about 4 months. I called Bissell, as it was still under warranty, who told me to call Amazon, as that is where I purchased it, and then offered a discount on a new machine or I could take it to an "authorized repair" shop. Where, I asked, should I take it? Florida?!?! I live in Texas. When I told them my paperwork stated to call Bissell, I was also told I could buy the parts and fix it myself!!! What dandy customer service! I will NEVER EVER buy another Bissell product as long as I live and that's too bad, because when it worked, I loved it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Bissell's Executive Team has no idea how bad customer care is at the company. An authorized service tech took my vacuum for repair, failed to fix it, and then refused to give it back. Customer Care couldn't care less. This is a "no brainer": your employee stole my merchandise, and as the company who authorized and pays him you need to get it back, or maybe I need to have him arrested for larceny. That would make a good headline. Get it back or give me a new one, I don't care so long as you do the right thing and make me whole.

This tech, again, at one of Bissell's "authorized" service stations stole my Air Ram, a $200 machine and management looked the other way. "We need the serial number, it's on the machine." "Yes but he won't return the vacuum how do I give you the number?!" Crickets... I plan on calling the President of the company on Monday. It's rare that you see such blatantly bad customer service and I think he deserves to know about it. Consumer Care agent Ellen has been next to useless. She answered my first email and then stopped responding altogether.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

This would have been my third time using my carpet cleaner until it caught fire. I was 3/4 of the way finished with steam cleaning my living room carpet when I smelt a terrible odor. I shut off the vacuum and instantly noticed white smoke billowing out from the bottom and the sides. About 30 seconds later I could see fire from the side of the vacuum. I poured water on it to extinguish the small fire. I called Bissell and was greeted by a lady that literally could care less about my situation. She offered me a small discount to buy a new Bissell vacuum. I will never purchase a Bissell again. Buyers beware.

Bissell Appliances Company Information