Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bissell Appliances Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Bought a brand new vacuum cleaner and three extra bags for it. The items arrive separately. When I receive the vacuum cleaner it was VISIBLY used as there was damage, scratches, and even dirt on the wheels and hose. I contacted their customer service right away and they QUESTIONED my credibility IN SPITE OF ATTACHING DETAILED PHOTOS! Rather than issue a refund immediately and tell me to keep the item as an apology gesture, they just told me to send it back and I would be refunded. I sent both the vacuum cleaner and the extra bags in the same box, so the refund could be processed all at once.

I get a refund after weeks and it is only for the vacuum! Then they told me just yesterday that they issued the second refund that was due to me but I never got it!! And on top of it it was incorrect!! Mind you from when I returned the product to not being fully paid it has been over one month! BISSELL IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN TERMS OF PRODUCT QUALITY AND SERVICE AND REFUND PROCESS! It is obvious they purposely rip off their customers, I am proof of it!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Got the Bissell Proheat carpet cleaner on Dec. 23, 2019 at Walmart. Used it for the first time this morning (1/6/2020). After cleaning a 20 x 10 ft area of my living room (about half of my living room) and filling the bladder tank up 3 times, the suctioning just stopped. Half of the living room is a wet mess. Even when it suctioned for about 10 minutes, the suction was so weak it would pull much water back into the bladder dirty water system. Please do not buy this piece of weak junk. I am practically in tears. My living room carpet is soggy, dirty and I have company coming tomorrow. I will have to go rent a cleaner. I just hope my floor beneath the carpet does not swell up and be permanently damaged from the water that is still just sitting there. Again, this is a piece of JUNK and Bissell should be embarrassed to sell this piece of junk that rates a big 0 or negative 1000!!!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I paid $200 for this crap. The steamer stopped working after about 4 months. I called Bissell, as it was still under warranty, who told me to call Amazon, as that is where I purchased it, and then offered a discount on a new machine or I could take it to an "authorized repair" shop. Where, I asked, should I take it? Florida?!?! I live in Texas. When I told them my paperwork stated to call Bissell, I was also told I could buy the parts and fix it myself!!! What dandy customer service! I will NEVER EVER buy another Bissell product as long as I live and that's too bad, because when it worked, I loved it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Bissell's Executive Team has no idea how bad customer care is at the company. An authorized service tech took my vacuum for repair, failed to fix it, and then refused to give it back. Customer Care couldn't care less. This is a "no brainer": your employee stole my merchandise, and as the company who authorized and pays him you need to get it back, or maybe I need to have him arrested for larceny. That would make a good headline. Get it back or give me a new one, I don't care so long as you do the right thing and make me whole.

This tech, again, at one of Bissell's "authorized" service stations stole my Air Ram, a $200 machine and management looked the other way. "We need the serial number, it's on the machine." "Yes but he won't return the vacuum how do I give you the number?!" Crickets... I plan on calling the President of the company on Monday. It's rare that you see such blatantly bad customer service and I think he deserves to know about it. Consumer Care agent Ellen has been next to useless. She answered my first email and then stopped responding altogether.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

This would have been my third time using my carpet cleaner until it caught fire. I was 3/4 of the way finished with steam cleaning my living room carpet when I smelt a terrible odor. I shut off the vacuum and instantly noticed white smoke billowing out from the bottom and the sides. About 30 seconds later I could see fire from the side of the vacuum. I poured water on it to extinguish the small fire. I called Bissell and was greeted by a lady that literally could care less about my situation. She offered me a small discount to buy a new Bissell vacuum. I will never purchase a Bissell again. Buyers beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?

Original review: July 8, 2019

It shows full charge. Turn it on, it runs 6-8 seconds, then turns off. Wait a while turn it on, it runs 6-8 seconds and turns off. This replaced one that was less than one year old, under warranty, that did the same thing. This one is 13 months old so out of warranty!!! Needless to say we won't buy another one, even though we liked them before THEY went bad.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought a Bissell Carpet Shampooer on eBay that was shipped directly from Bissell in the states. They happily ship these items all over the world knowing they are the wrong voltage for many countries. If you buy one it will burn out and you won’t get your money back as the 2 year warranty was replaced with a 30 day guarantee on eBay and it might just last that long, so do not buy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had the Crosswave for 3 months. First couple of times it worked okay, have to unclog it constantly though. Then it just started stopping after running for 10 seconds. Called customer service and did troubleshooting to no avail. Then they gave the address of the nearest repair centre 1 hour drive away. Drove there and they tore a strip off my husband because they said there is no receipt and we will be charged for it. I have my bank statement with the amount, but not good enough. I am frantically looking for the receipt and can't seem to find it. It is brand new. I am not pleased and won't be buying from Bissell again! I want to toss it in the lake.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Water stopped flowing from the reservoir onto the carpet. I watched several videos on how to fix this but none of it worked. This is the second Bissell I have owned in the past 3 years. I live alone so I only clean my carpets once a year. Needless to say, I will not buy another one ever, your company is dead to me. Reading all the complaints my question is why are companies allowed to sell junk like this in stores. Nothing short of consumer theft.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I used the Pet Symphony once and it stopped making steam, through research I found the steam pump was often a problem and would need to be replaced, but no guarantee and no refund. I replaced it, about $25 and still didn't work. Nearest service center is more than 70 miles away. I have a nonfunctional product with no recourse, please advise.

Bissell Appliances Company Information