1.23/5
Based on 111 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

138 Bissell Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2018

Really bad customer service. My payment didn't go through, I tried to buy 3 times and had the same problem. I informed them to cancel all of my orders and I bought the same product from some other company and received it. But they didn't cancel my order and they charged me. I called customer services, e-mailed again and told them to cancel it. 2 days later they shipped the spot cleaner that I bought. Customer services said it has been shipped so they can’t cancel it. So basically they force you to buy their products when they get your card information. Right now I have two cleaners and I had to pay double because of them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Extremely upset that I ordered and received your product and it didn’t work. I tried calling your center only to speak to someone who barely spoke English and whose only solution was to send me to a service center that is too far from where I live. You expect to order a product and receive it functioning. Now, I have to either send it back and wait for another to arrive or go one hour away from where I live to see if they can fix it. What kind of service is that???

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

After having this vacuum for maybe 2 months. It makes this loud, ridiculous noise, does not pick up any dirt and only spits the dirt out back at you. Hey, things happen, I was fully prepared to replace this machine with a new Bissell product. Unfortunately, I was told by a representative that because I use my vacuum to clean an office and not a home, there is no warranty. WHAT?!? I am doing the same exact thing a homeowner is doing, vacuuming the carpet! Nothing special. But because I am literally sitting in an office (a very small, 2 room office) they are not replacing it and I would have to buy a new piece or a whole new vacuum. Then they give me the address of a service center on the other side of town. No thanks Bissell, we'll be buying from another company!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I purchased a Bissell vacuum and also purchased an extended warranty. After having it not even an entire year. It stopped working. Call#1. I called the warranty number and was told it was still under the manufacturer warranty and to call them. Call number #2. I called Bissell and they told me they needed to have a local distributor to look at the vacuum before they replaced it and gave me the number. Call #3 - I called the distributor set up and appointment to take the vacuum and was given a date and time to take it in... I too the vacuum in and was told it was not repairable and needed to be replaced.

Call#4 - I called Bissell back and told them what the distributor told me and they (Bissell) could not find my account (conveniently) so the customer service representative said he'd cray another account. And if have to go back to the distributor because there was no evidence of my first phone call... This is the poorest, inadequate, bottom barrel customer service I've ever experienced... I've purchased Bissell products for years and I will never purchase from them again. I would advise no one to purchase their products. So I'm stuck with this vacuum and have to purchase another one. Does anyone recommend a good brand.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've used this on my whole life. Went out, bought my second Little Green monster ProHeat Portable, came home, cleaned area rug I needed to clean, used it, realize that it was leaking at the base. Seem very hard to use after doing a 5 by 7 rug, 1 hour later my inside elbow was so sore. Went to dr. today. I was diagnosed with tennis elbow due to the repetitive motion. I cant recommend. I bought mine at Bed Bath Beyond so I returned it today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

HORRIBLE customer service. I bought a new vacuum and it was broken when I received it. Called customer service and there is nothing they can do for me than to refer me to a repair shop. You'd think a company like this would have better customer service and they'd be willing to help with a defective product. Never again will I buy a Bissell.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased my second ProHeat pet rug clean with Bissell. 1st one constantly stopped separating because tank seal was defective. Was a process using... Unfortunate it was a house gift so no receipt. We purchase our second one which leak all over floor from day one. You could not turn it off to take a break with water in it, also would give trouble spraying and sucking. Was told by Bissell to go to repair center 1 hour away. They said unit is defective, that seals are bad and flow indicator was not working properly. This was just 2 weeks from having it 6 months. Gisele told me cut the cord and send it back. They will send me a NEW ONE within 7 days.

I get email today almost 2 week later saying they just sent out a REMANUFACTURED/used unit. WHAT??? I am under 1 YEAR WARRANTY??? The guy said, "Once you had unit 6 months we send only remanufactured units..." THIS IS UNREAL. 6 months is not 1 year. Now I am being sent someone used garbage that they could have had pets who crapped all over their floor and used it on... It's all banged up. BISSEL IS NO GOOD. Products are NOT reliable and they do not stand by their word. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. PAY A EXTRA 50 bucks and go with a better name brand.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have bought now THREE Bissell Bolt purple vacuums. Yes, I said three!!! I’ve literally used each of them ONE time and they never charged back up again. I called Bissell expecting them to at least upgrade the product since clearly it has some type of issue and they REFUSED to upgrade!!! I bought this one because it was lightweight, cordless and had the handheld attachment on it. Now, they’re trying to send me a downgraded version! Y’all about piss poor customer service. This one they’re sending doesn’t have the handheld or anything like that. Absolutely pathetic!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Pet vacuum couldn't even pick up small loose bits of eggshells. Pet hair would clog at the floor piece and you have to remove the small hairball just to finish ONE room. The upholstery cleaner would leak all over the floor as you were using it. As both these products were over 3 months old Target would do nothing to help.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We purchased the Bissell Pro heat Advanced carpet shampooer. Brand new out of the box it didn't work. It wouldn't put down shampoo. I called the customer service. We went through their testing over the phone, they knew it didn't work. They tried to send me to an authorized service place. Why it's new and does not work. I refused! They said they would send a replacement, great. They sent me the cheapest model they sell.

Again I have to call customer service. Finally after 3 weeks without a carpet shampooer, I at least received one like I had originally purchased. Well here it is, one month to the day and the new one does not work. It has the same problem. It won't put down shampoo. Well back to customer service. Frustrating. I could get a replacement same model, but why! In a month I would be in the same boat. All I wanted was my money back, or an upgrade, (that I was willing to pay the difference for), I was refused!!

So I say to any consumer, buyer beware! They don't stand by their products, even when they have obvious design flaws! Also God help you if you have to deal with customer service! They are hard to understand, and their favorite saying is “I'm sorry we aren't allowed to do that." I will never ever buy a Bissell product again. They do not stand by their products, and do not care about their customers! Shame on you Bissell!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Purchased ProHeat last year and have had nothing but problems since the original machine STAINED my carpet. CustService said this sometimes occurs, but end result is that the machine (and replacement and more cleaners) DESTROYED MY CREAM BERBER!! And I mean DESTROYED!!! The carpet is actually pulling up all over the place! And due to their legalities, they will only offer me a refund for the machine so, get this... I CAN HIRE A PROFESSIONAL!!! I will live the rest of my days telling this story as it took us 15 years to save up for a carpet they destroyed!!! Check out a pic of the stains I have ALL OVER my house!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I absolutely love Bissell!!! I have never wanted to clean as much as I have since I had gotten my purple Bissell bolt, light, cordless, detachable mini vacuum, plus attachments, and handle is a snap to drop for under object usage. Love, love, love! I really get sad seeing all these negative reviews. So I fell in love with my bolt but one day it stopped working and I have no idea why. My husband called Bissell. After 5 min. conversation they took all my info, ask me for a picture of codes and then sent me a replacement!!! I got it in 2 days by UPS. No receipt or questions asked. Not only that but replaced it with a better version of my purple bolt.

It is a green bolt with more features, plus the ones I love, and a charging stand. Awesome!!! I just cleaned the door jam of my sliding glass door in garage. It gets filled with pine needles like every second. Sucked them all out. Best part I just dumped them back into nature, awesome! I can clean stairs, corners, anywhere and everywhere. Dog hair clean up in a snap. I would recommend this product to everyone! Finally a vacuum I can use... Thank you Bissell!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I bought a Bissell Rug Cleaner (model 1551) at Walmart a year ago. I used it once and then tried to use it for the second time today to clean two rugs in my apartment. The dirty water tank would not fill with water. Walmart will not take something back that has been purchased over 90 days ago. I called Bissell and they gave me the name of a repair shop in New Haven, CT. I spent $200 on this product and it malfunctioned the second time I used it! Don't buy Bissell products!

Original review: May 21, 2017

I have owned 3 Bissell shampoos since December 2016. The throw rug spot shampooer and 2 of their pet ProHeat Revolution. Every single one have broke. The spot shampooer fell over and broke the neck. The ProHeat first one the belt broke and the store where I bought it at does not sell replacement parts not even belts. So I took it back, got another one. Same kind ProHeat. And brand new went to use it and the motor burnt up I guess. Motor just stopped. I think the engineering department really needs to use the shampooer that they design. The Bissell is not user-friendly. It does not compare to Hoover. I want a shipping label to send it back to Bissell. I have my receipt. I have it boxed up, need a shipping label. Never again will I ever buy a Bissell again. They suck.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Even if BISSELL has great products, they have HORRIBLE customer service. I'd like to share my experience with everyone. On Thursday, 4/27, I placed an order for a special that BISSELL was running. You could order the Revolution Pet Pro (2.0) and make monthly payments instead of a one time payment. I ordered the Revolution Pet Pro (2.0) and the Revolution Pet Pro Formula Kit 2. My total order came to $301.50 (including tax). My payments were supposed to be spread out over 6 months with the first month payment a little more than the others - this is where the tax and such was supposed to be paid. I placed the order around 12 or 1 pm CST 4/27/17. I received my order confirmation at 1:52 pm. The order confirmation looked like it had charged me the full amount so I looked at my bank account online. The full amount of $301.50 was sitting in my pending transactions.

I immediately called BISSELL - 2:12 PM 4/27/17. I explained to the rep that the full amount was taken and I would like to change it to monthly payments. They transferred me to the sales dept @ BISSELL Pet Revolution. The sales dept said they could not access accounts and that I had to call back to the original number. I hung up and called the original number again at 2:20 pm 4/27/17. I spoke to the rep there and explained to them what had happened. There was nothing they could do so I asked them to cancel the order. This is 4/27/17 at roughly 2:30 pm. The representative said someone MAY call me back that day or the next day to confirm my cancellation - this makes no sense and I ask the person repeatedly if my order was cancelled and they said yes but someone MAY call me and that I would receive my refund in about 10 business days.

English is not their first language (I'm impressed with anyone that can speak more than one so don't take offense to this) so I figure there must be a little issue with 'may' and 'will'. It was frustrating. I tell the rep I am very unhappy with this call. No one calls me on 4/27/17 or on 4/28/17. My order is supposed to be canceled so I figure it has been taken care of and it will be canceled. I just want to order the thing again and make sure the payment arrangement is correct (I really wanted this carpet shampooer).

On 4/29/17 I receive an email that the order has shipped! I call customer service AGAIN at 4:09 pm CST. I ask why this order has shipped when it was supposed to be canceled. They cannot answer a single question and tell me that I must wait for the order to be returned to BISSELL before I can get my $$ back. They will try to reroute the package and that I need to call back on Monday 5/1/17 to see if that has been done. This is getting ridiculous. The order should have never shipped and now I have to call them back to make sure something was done? What kind of joke is this place.

Lo and behold, I received a package on 5/2/17 from BISSELL, even though they said they would reroute it back to them. I called and told them I was sending it back. And now I had the fun tasks of closing the box back up (I had to open it to get the return label), and dragging it back outside (the box doesn't have handles, it's large, and it's maybe around 40-50lbs - with the extra cleaning products I ordered), and scheduling a pickup with FedEx. BISSELL received their order back on 5/6/17. I FINALLY received my credit on 5/15/17. This order was supposed to be canceled 2 days before it was shipped! This company took money it was not authorized to take and made me jump through hoops to get it back. BISSELL ignored every request I made. I also filed a complaint with the BBB.

I was supposed to have a max charge of about $70 for the first payment instead of $300 and I ended up having to pay my mortgage late. Do yourself a favor, don't buy anything from this company. It's not worth it.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Have had the Bex Bissell Carpet Shampooer for 6 years but only used it about 8 times. Very disappointed with it. We chose Bex for its good name. Very good. Not very good results and now it seems to be broken. Can you help please.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I purchased the original machine at Walmart on 1/16/2016. Worked great the first couple of times I used it, then it quit spraying. Had a so-called extended warranty through Walmart on it - but no phone number, so I contacted Bissell directly to set up a repair appointment. The repair shop couldn't fix it so Bissell replaced it. It was after the 90 days so Walmart wouldn't refund my money, and Bissell won't give me reasonable compensation because I didn't buy it directly from them, so I stuck with the replacement machine.

To make a long story short - I just received my 3rd replacement about a month ago (4th machine!) and Bissell has no record of any replacements except one! I won't even open the box at this time because I hate the machine so much, but it looks like I'm stuck with this horrible piece of junk. I had a much cheaper Hoover that lasted for 5 years, and I switched to Bissell just for the lift off! Oh yes, while waiting for the last machine to get fixed or replaced I had to purchase a cheap spot remover and the only one available was the Bissell - unfortunately! Only 2 months old, and it's leaking everywhere! DO NOT EVER BUY BISSELL! Wish I could give this company a -10 stars! Worst machine ever!

Original review: April 8, 2017

Purchase the 1307 Vacuum, received damaged sent back, called Bissell on several occasions requesting E-mail in reference about returned item & giving full refund, never ever received E-mail. I kept a log on every call of my inquiring about my refund & E-mail. I had to send in copies to my credit card company to file a dispute to get my refund. Also when I received the damaged vacuum I request a even exchange, was told NO I have to wait then order it again.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I purchased a Bissell ProHeat 2X 8920 a few years back. Although I've gotten years out of it I used it on the floor twice a year. So got around eight uses out of it. Always ran clean water through it to finish so the heating core, etc. would have all detergent flushed out. Recently it stopped spraying out of floor. While hand-held sprayer worked. From what I researched the heater can get clogged. Opened her up, and the heater was super clogged with white gunk. Cleaned it out but the gasket and o-rings deteriorated. So after I put it back together it leaks bad out of heater. You're almost better off purchasing one without a heater, and spraying the detergent yourself on carpet. While using only clean water on carpet cleaner to rinse. Long review but wanted to be fair and detailed. Got maybe 15 hours of use out of it.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Purchased a Bissell healthy home deep cleaner for $1299. It's 5 months out of warranty and the machine smells like the motor is on fire. Bissell will not fix it under warranty especially when it's out of warranty by 5 months and it's done less than 50hrs of work. Will never buy a carpet shampooer from Bissell ever again. What a piece of junk.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Trying to buy a new water tank and filter for my Bissell steam mop. Went to the site which directed me to genuine Bissell spares site. If the fact it refuses to work when it decides a cartridge is too old and they are expensive isn't enough. Once put desired products in basket click pay whatever the method the site then directs you to a third site boasting genuine parts at value for money where the products have suddenly increased in price a further 50%. For example £9.99 became £14.99, I tried every payment method still same result.

So then I rang the customer service line on the Bissell page gave basket ref only for advisor to say "I'm sorry madam that product does not appear to exist. Perhaps you could tell me what make & model appliance you have and I will locate it via a search. She found parts and placed order." She then said "that's £39.99 please." I was like what it started off at £14.99. Why is this. She said "I'm sorry you must have made a mistake." I don't have any further details as I put the phone down furious. I will never buy Bissell again. This experience happened on the 04/03/17.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Currently I am contacting this company to ask for assistance on my Bissell Cleaner (Bissell Stream Cleaner Model number 17n4 12362c). I have used this item - no more than 4 times and the machine started smoking, and blew a fuse line in the house. I have read some of the reviews and this seem to be a continuous issue with this product. Stand by for my solution.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Bissell Powerforce Helix Vacuum - This vacuum cleans amazingly better than my old vacuum. The first time I used it, it got up very fine dirt and dust that must have been there for a long time. It pulls up so much dirt out of the carpets that the cannister must be emptied frequently, after almost every room. Because we have so much floor space (4,600 sq. ft.) I needed a vacuum with a motor that can handle a lot of carpeting, and this one does. It didn't cost all that much (I think it was about $60 with tax) and I am very happy with it. I like the turbo brush tool for the stairs and for upholstery. Another great feature is that this vacuum readily comes apart for cleaning. It has two washable filters. It's good that it can be cleaned out, because it picks up so much dirt that you will need to clean it. I recommend it highly.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I have used my BISSELL rug cleaner approximately 4 times, then it quit. I took it to the authorized service centre, where it sat for 3 months "waiting for parts". Then I was told that BISSELL would be replacing the unit under warranty, and would be contacting me. A month later, when I hadn't heard from BISSELL, I contacted their service centre. This was a total disaster, as well. My attempts to speak to someone higher up was met with a voicemail, and another week. I haven't had my rug cleaner since August, and it is now December. To summarize; I would say NEVER BUY A BISSELL! The machine is junk, their service is terrible, and the company does not stand behind their product. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I think this is a great product! I see nothing but bad reviews for all companies on this site! This vacuum has paid for itself a dozen times over! Powerful suction and dirt removal and I never have had to buy a bag or belt! I just keep the three filters clean and make sure hose doesn't get passage blocked and it has never let me down! People should leave good reviews. I'm sure I'm not alone in my sentiment, 16 years going strong deserves spreading the good word! I will buy another Bissell if this thing ever finally dies from old age... nah, I'll probably repair it myself, it's part of the family now.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I just bought your Proheat 2X Pet Carpet Cleaner. I've used it 3 times and already the belt has broke. Your online help is no good. If you would get people from America they can help me through this. That would be helpful. Now I have to take it in to get the belt fixed because the belt is broke and to me that's very unacceptable for a new machine like this. I've had several Hoover that have never had issues with belts breaking ever. They just serve their use and I had to give them or throw them away. I really would like to just return them and buy a Hoover because I am now so freaking frustrated. I'm not real pleased with your brand at this point, how this is the first time I've ever bought a Bissell carpet cleaner. You should have to reimburse me for my time and the belt even though I was told it was still under warranty so we'll find out because if it's not you're not getting any more money from me and you're going to get this machine back so be prepared.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

Bissell's website rejected my ship to address once, so I edited it AGAIN and it shipped to the bill to anyway. I called immediately after this happened and customer service could do nothing even though it was FIVE MINUTES after I ordered. The website also kicked off the second container of a cleaner that was a "two for" deal meaning that if I wanted two I would have to pay more. They told me to change the address with FedEx, but whoops, it was a cheap FedEx shipment which was handed off to the Post Office so they couldn't change the ship to address. Now the packages are separated and God knows when I'll ever receive them. I reordered the one part on Amazon and I'm hoping I have better luck there. This is the DUMBEST customer service and WORST website ever. I won't buy another of their products because of this. Unfortunately I own two.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

I purchased my carpet cleaner and it is less than 1year old and I have had many issues with the soap dispenser and the water. Now it doesn't work at all. I live nowhere around a service center and will say this, I will NEVER purchase a Bissell product again. WalMart doesn't stand behind them and there is nowhere within 75 miles to take it for repairs. Seriously you should be able to shampoo your carpets more than 5 times. I would also like to add I do not have pets nor children if you were thinking its failure to operate was anything to do with my care or usage of this product.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I just bought a Bissell Pro Heat Revolution/Pet carpet cleaner 2 months ago, from Tv infomercial I used it once upstairs... cleaned well. After the next couple days I brought it downstairs to use on the living room. It would not fill in the dirty water tank and all the water soaked the floor. I called and spoke with a gal that had accent issues, and after We finally understood one another, she said cut the cord and send it back to them. Did so. Now onto the second machine that they sent me to replace the first. I used it once in living room... cleaned well... Went into the bedroom the next day to clean that rug and had the same issues!!!

I called them right away. Long story short... after the gal walked me through the same scenario to try to fix, she put me on hold and then came back to say the 60 day warranty is up (from first machine mind you) and they cannot give me my money back nor can they replace the machine!!! Well Done Bissell!! At this rate you'll have thousands of unsatisfied customers and a ruined namesake for your forefathers who started business. I'm not through with them yet... I don't go down easily... They haven't heard the last of this... I want my money back. Your company is very unethical in your practices. DON'T BUY BISSELL. READ ALL CUSTOMER REVIEWS FIRST. They obviously do not care about customers once the sale is complete.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Bought PowerForce in July 2015. Called in May 2016 for brush not spinning. I was told it was the belt and replaced it. Called 8/01/2016; same issue. Was told this time to replace the brush. I would have to pay for the part because the warranty expired even though this is the second time calling to fix the same issue. I've always used Hoover and never had such a short life with their products.

Bissell Appliances Company Information