Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bissell Appliances Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

It shows full charge. Turn it on, it runs 6-8 seconds, then turns off. Wait a while turn it on, it runs 6-8 seconds and turns off. This replaced one that was less than one year old, under warranty, that did the same thing. This one is 13 months old so out of warranty!!! Needless to say we won't buy another one, even though we liked them before THEY went bad.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought a Bissell Carpet Shampooer on eBay that was shipped directly from Bissell in the states. They happily ship these items all over the world knowing they are the wrong voltage for many countries. If you buy one it will burn out and you won’t get your money back as the 2 year warranty was replaced with a 30 day guarantee on eBay and it might just last that long, so do not buy.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had the Crosswave for 3 months. First couple of times it worked okay, have to unclog it constantly though. Then it just started stopping after running for 10 seconds. Called customer service and did troubleshooting to no avail. Then they gave the address of the nearest repair centre 1 hour drive away. Drove there and they tore a strip off my husband because they said there is no receipt and we will be charged for it. I have my bank statement with the amount, but not good enough. I am frantically looking for the receipt and can't seem to find it. It is brand new. I am not pleased and won't be buying from Bissell again! I want to toss it in the lake.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I used the Pet Symphony once and it stopped making steam, through research I found the steam pump was often a problem and would need to be replaced, but no guarantee and no refund. I replaced it, about $25 and still didn't work. Nearest service center is more than 70 miles away. I have a nonfunctional product with no recourse, please advise.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Water stopped flowing from the reservoir onto the carpet. I watched several videos on how to fix this but none of it worked. This is the second Bissell I have owned in the past 3 years. I live alone so I only clean my carpets once a year. Needless to say, I will not buy another one ever, your company is dead to me. Reading all the complaints my question is why are companies allowed to sell junk like this in stores. Nothing short of consumer theft.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I purchased the Bissell steam mop in January 2018. I am disabled and have a terrible time mopping floors. This mop has been the greatest one ever. Lightweight, easy to use, cleans well. Do not have to break my back mopping and hurt for days. If you have a bad dry spot you simply hold it on top for a moment and maybe go over it a few times and it will come up without scrubbing. It's Oct 2018 now and the other day it just went dead. No power. I was disappointed at first but I am VERY excited to say that within a day of contacting customer service I have a new one on its way. All it took was explaining the issue and taking a few pictures. I paid close to $100 for it and it's been worth every penny. Most impressive was the customer service and how they stand behind their products. I highly recommend this mop especially if you have some physical disability that make mopping unbearable!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I borrowed the cleaner & when I got done wanted to clean the machine before returning? While taking it apart to rinse & wipe down 1 of the spots that screw down broke off & now it won’t clean @ all! It shouldn’t of happened, not from 1 time to clean & replace to return? I feel the brush & area that sends out & sucks up should not of broken? What is the chance of replacing the broken parts, I can’t believe from 1 cleaning it could become a faulty machine? Please respond, Greatly Appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased the Crosswave in April, worked well until July. Keeps shorting so we checked Bissell for troubleshooting. After my husband spent 2 hours taking the machine apart and picking out hair from one of the rollers it worked for about 10 seconds, shorted again. I had it! I called and was told no refund, excuse me? $250 for a machine to work for 3.5 months... um, no! (I am boxing it and shipping it back and better receive a refund). After 13 minutes on hold the rep got back to me and said to ship it back and they will refund. I am not holding my breath, but will not stand for paying $250 for a hunk of junk. He kept saying, "I am sorry". Sorry does not cut it, I want my hard earned money back. I am curious if Kathy Bissell knows or cares that the product I received stopped working and that the customer service is equipped by workers who barely speak English. Extremely frustrating that I have to waste my time and energy on this.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Really bad customer service. My payment didn't go through, I tried to buy 3 times and had the same problem. I informed them to cancel all of my orders and I bought the same product from some other company and received it. But they didn't cancel my order and they charged me. I called customer services, e-mailed again and told them to cancel it. 2 days later they shipped the spot cleaner that I bought. Customer services said it has been shipped so they can’t cancel it. So basically they force you to buy their products when they get your card information. Right now I have two cleaners and I had to pay double because of them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Extremely upset that I ordered and received your product and it didn’t work. I tried calling your center only to speak to someone who barely spoke English and whose only solution was to send me to a service center that is too far from where I live. You expect to order a product and receive it functioning. Now, I have to either send it back and wait for another to arrive or go one hour away from where I live to see if they can fix it. What kind of service is that???

Bissell Appliances Company Information