2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bissell Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bissell Appliances?

Original review: April 1, 2021

I called to inform you that you have an issue with your barcodes on the product don't match up with the barcode on the outside of the box. Store wouldn't exchange until I showed that another was same.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I think mine may be defective. It doesn’t clean the way videos shows it does. This cost entirely too much to not stand up to the hype the company set it out to be. Definitely disappointed. Hardly any water & cleaner come out. Though it does get up what comes out. Could because it hardly comes out. Hey Bissell can I get a replacement??? Only had it for 3 months.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I bought the CrossWave back in 2017 and fell in love! I was cleaning houses at the time and wow, what a great product! I had to retire it after 3 years 5 days a week of using it as I wore it out! It was brutal not having one. In 2020 we become dog parents and so I bought the CrossWave Pet Pro. I had it 4 months and it stopped working. I called Bissell (I purchased directly from them) and they didn’t waste ONE second. They asked me to email a picture of the product plaque behind the water tank and then they would get back to me within 24 hours. They did exactly that! They apologized for the inconvenience and overnighted me a brand new CrossWave Pet Pro. I am elated! I am so impressed with the customer service! GO BISSELL!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Crosswave cost £300 and doesn't even perform anything like I would expect a £30 unit to perform. Leaves the floor filthy! Customer care is even worse, very poor! Very arrogant people! I am currently seeking legal advice to try and get a refund. Don't go near these people!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

DO NOT BUY IT!!!! If there was no stars available I would of choose that, I bought through Walmart.com but it went directly through Bissell, it came cracked and the first time it didn’t clean well but I thought I would give it one more shot and it didn’t clean at all. I went over the area with a wet paper-towel after and it was all brown so I had to re mop the old school way.

I contacted Walmart to return because I was not aware that the purchase went through another seller, they told me that I needed to go through Bissell directly, I did and I was told that because it was past the 30 days they would NOT give me a refund!! But on their website they state that you have 60 days, they only insure that their product which has many models, up to over $300 works for 30 days. They said, "Oh I’m sorry. It's been over the 30 days." Customer service HORRIBLE and the product is trash, you are better off mopping the old way. I will be writing reviews everywhere and anywhere. Please save your money and if you want a product rather is like it but actually cleans, there are more out there.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I purchased this machine on 9/12/20. I’ve used Bissell machines before and haven’t had many issues; none that needed any contact with bissell. I most recently used the Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution. Due to the type of carpeting my home has, I decided this time to use the pet pro heat, which worked very well, until it began to overheat and went on to begin smoking from the motor. I checked the belt, it’s fine, the spindle that drives the belt does not spin. The machine also is not dispensing water. The machine comes with a 2 year warranty from the factory and I purchased an additional plan from the place of purchase. I contacted the place of purchase. I was informed that because of the manufacturer's warranty, I first need to contact Bissell.

I contacted Bissell, the woman I spoke with “Chelsea” was kind and asked to go through a ‘diagnostic’ procedure. We went through the procedure, the machine only became worse. I’ve only had this machine for a few weeks now and it’s already not working. She explained the machine needs to be sent in for ‘diagnostics’. I have a family of 2 young children and 3 dogs; we need a carpet cleaner on a regular basis. She just replied, "It needs to be sent in for diagnostics."

Considering I’ve only had the machine for a few weeks; I’ve been a “Bissell loyalist”; and, I need a carpet cleaner on a regular basis, someone would think they would send a new one or give the means of attaining a new one fairly quickly, but no such offer was given. I asked kindly to speak with a manager/supervisor. Despite 3 attempts, Chelsea was not able to put one on the phone. There was much laughter in the background and no help given. As I do believe the Chelsea has done all that she can, I hope she does well. However, the person in-charge of that facility clearly does not care for the customers in need.

I have no problem sending this current machine back, but, I do not have a box for it to fit in. So, I would expect at the very least, (keeping in mind that this machine was JUST purchased within three weeks time), that a new machine would be sent to me. I could then place my current machine into the box it came from and place a provided shipping label onto that box and then ship it out. I’m not asking for a lot, and I think I’ve been very compliant and nice to Chelsea. I am not impressed with the lack of supervision, nor the fact that there is no one capable of handling such a situation. All I want is a machine to clean my carpets and rugs.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Ordered an upright vacuum online for my apartment. It literally stopped working 5 minutes after it was delivered, trying out on my wood floors (electrical smoke came out of it). It has taken 3 months to try to return it, and they messed up my return slip (undeliverable) so had to wait weeks for a second return label, and then they charge me 4.95 from my refund for it (return label)!

Original review: July 11, 2020

I had purchased a Bissell Pro-Pet Vacuum cleaner and after being used for approx 10 times it has stopped working. I have contact more than 3 service center so far. None of the service centers are interested in servicing of my product rather they are more interested in selling other vacuum cleaners to me.

Original review: May 18, 2020

My experience has been disappointing, frustrating and altogether absent where any customer service is concerned. I received the unit, plugged it in and found, to my extreme annoyance, that I couldn't switch between the area rug and hard floor settings, nor could I turn it off so I had unplug it while it was running! I'm addition the lights for water indication did not go on because no water was coming out!!!! I followed the instructions in the user guide and on Bissell's website video and still nothing!!!! In attempting to return the Crosswave Petrol I have spent the first half of the day on hold to Bissell with no answer and the rest of the day on hold with FedEx, again no answer. At present I have no way to return these Bissell items unless I'm willing to spend an insane amount of money to pay the return shipping myself!!!! Which I am not going to do.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Bought this vacuum in January 2020. It stopped working in April. Too late to return to Walmart but under a 2yr warranty, supposedly. There is no authorized dealer in my state. No email support exists (using COVID as excuse) and warning ls about extremely long wait times on phone as well as these reviews has kept me from calling thus far. Motor burned up in less that 3 months? Don't buy anything Bissell.

Bissell Appliances Company Information