2. Homeowners

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I purchased the toaster oven about 3 yrs ago. The first one had a flimsy door hinge. I called B&D and complained. After a bunch of absurd questions (i.e. how much and when do is it used), they sent me a replacement. The replacement did not last as long. The unit was making a low whoosh sound when it first started. The timer stopped working before the food was done. Toast was burned. I found an older B&D Model TRO 200 with the lever switch (the better option) in near mint condition at a thrift store. I never had a problem with the older models. They need to seriously look into all these complaints. Exploding glass and fires should not part of a toaster oven's performance!

Original review: July 27, 2019

I bought a Black & Decker toaster oven less than 2 months ago. This morning I put a piece of toast in it and I turned around to grab a cup of coffee and I smelled smoke. I opened the toaster oven and my piece of toast was on fire. There was so much smoke that I had to open up all of my doors and windows and my smoke alarm started going off. I unplug the toaster oven and threw water on the bread. I brought it back to Walmart and they gave me my money back and I bought a different toaster oven. This is very dangerous and I do not recommend anyone buying a Black & Decker toaster oven. I have had many toaster ovens over the years, they have functioned very well. This was a very scary experience as the fire could have caused more damage outside of the toaster oven.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Just tossed my Toaster Oven out into the rain - it was on fire!! I was in my office and the toaster dinged when it finished. 10 minutes later I come in and it's on fire! I unplugged it and tossed it outside on my lawn. I think of how many times my 13-year-old has used this. We've had issues with this oven. This is frightening and should be recalled! I can't believe how many have this same issue and nothing has been done.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I purchased a convection toaster oven and when I opened it only had 1 rack and the baking pan was too large. It would not fit. It was a Black & Decker model TO4304SS. It clearly shows on box that it should have 2 racks. Other than that it seems to work. Will see how it goes as I bought it today at BJ's Wholesale.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I came home to find my Black & Decker toaster oven on with no one home to turn it on. I haven’t used the toaster oven in 3 weeks, yet the oven was on full blast-over heated it seems. I had mail on top of it that was on fire. Terrifying.

Original review: March 21, 2019

This product was obviously designed by someone who has never made a piece of toast in his life. No matter how little time the dial is turned to, it burns everything. The rack positions ensure that at least one side will not toast or will burn because it is not possible to position the toasted item in the middle. And now I see from other reviews the glass for may explode. And their complaint website does not let anything be submitted - perfect way to get no complaints.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Our Black & Decker convection countertop oven exploded in my kitchen tonight. I will NEVER buy another POS Black & Decker product ever. Black & Decker knew about this problem for many years, but continues to sell them. They belong in jail.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I'm sitting here in my living room with the distinct smell of electrical fire because 20 minutes ago my year old Black Friday special Black & Decker toaster oven just lit on fire. It was not dirty. I clean that thing. Good lord stay away from this brand! I've used toaster ovens frequently and bought a new one every few years just to upgrade and I've never had one catch on fire. Not planning on buying Black & Decker again.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We've had our toaster oven probably no more than two years. Tonight I was toasting pumpkin seeds and went into the other room while they were toasting. About two minutes later, I heard a loud bang, like something exploded--the glass door from the toaster had blown out, Hollywood style, with pieces no larger than a thumbtack everywhere. Shaken, I quickly unplugged the toaster and waited for the glass to cool before I could even begin to pick it up. I keep thinking that if it had been two minutes sooner, I would've been sprayed with hot glass and maybe even in the emergency room. Unreal that there are so many cases like mine here that stretch back over three years and nothing has been done.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I turned on the toaster oven, walked out of the room and about a minute later I heard a loud pop, returned to find glass shattered all over the kitchen. I was very thankful no one was in the kitchen. I see similar issues and am confused why there has been no recall!

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven Company Information