Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amana Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amana Appliances?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I ordered and received the Amana Model AZF33X20DW03 Upright freezer in March 2020 and received it in toward the end of May 2020. The freezer cost $913.50 and lasted one year and quit freezing. There was just over $400.00 worth of food destroyed. Rona Hardware said they will not cover the freezer as it is just off warranty. Given there are really only a few appliance manufacturers globally it seems they finally cornered the market by removing the competition from the equation. How are consumers supposed to afford replacing brand new appliances on a yearly basis?

Original review: May 7, 2021

Purchased a stand up freezer in fall of 2019, manufactured date on back is June 2019! 4 months after the 1 year warranty date has passed, I've already replaced the heater coil at a cost of 200.00. For the past 6 months I've had to empty and defrost the coils at least 5 times! After replacing the coil (which was checked for continuity and failed), I still have issues! So who knows how many other parts are needed to fix the issue. Amana has basically said, "Too bad, you're on your own," after condescendingly "explaining" how to care for my freezer!! It's only the second freezer I've ever owned, the last one having served me well for more than 15 years, but that wasn't a garbage Amana product!!

Original review: April 26, 2021

I bought a washing machine from Amana in November and my first service call was in December. They came 3 times and haven't fixed it yet and it's April 26 and I'm waiting for another service call. Why do I have to suffer. I bought a new machine and it hasn't worked. They don't care at all.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I am having Amana gas oven serviced for the second time in a little over 2 years since purchase. The first time the ignitor had to be replaced. I am having the same issue but have to pay $200 to repair because first ignitor was replaced over a year ago. Do not buy this garbage appliance!!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Warning. This fridge stopped working after 2.5 years with no warranty after 1 year and thrown out. Before this past weekend, I would have rated this appliance high. We bought this fridge for my mother-in-law who is in her mid 90's. It was the perfect size and worked well without any issues whatsoever....until it just stopped working without notice of any kind suggesting there was a problem.

We called for warranty and was directed to Whirlpool for service. Apparently model # ART318FFDW wears numerous different brands including Amana, Maytag, Kenmore, IKEA and more. They advised the appliance only came with a 1-year warranty. So we called an independent service guy to service it only to be told that this is a common problem with this model and it would cost over $700 to repair it (they retail in Canada between $7-800 new), advising it was not worth repairing because there was a risk of it occurring again.

He provided a report (see photo for screen shot) and suggested we call the manufacturer back as they will be aware of this problem and there may even be a recall. We did just that and they denied any knowledge of problems with this model and there were no recalls issued. And because we did not buy the additional warranty, there was no recourse. I could appreciate having to pay to fix our fridge, since there was no additional warranty, but I was certainly not expecting a 2.5 year old fridge to be unfixable. That the parts would cost as much as replacing the fridge is unacceptable.

To make matters worse, Whirlpool offered us an apology with a loyalty REBATE of 15% if we purchased a replacement of any model within the Whirlpool brands, even off a discounted price. Though we were not going to purchase the same model, we thought this was at least some form of recourse and reluctantly purchased another fridge. When I filed for the claim with the code they emailed me, the code was rejected saying "Code was already redeemed". I had just got the code a day earlier as this was an emergency replacement purchase, and the code was not working. I reached out to Whirlpool by replying to their email which was a no response email address. I then sent a message through their contact form and many days later still no response. If I don't receive one by the end of the week I'm going through the pain of returning it and replacing it with a different brand.

Long story short, I don't recommend this model nor do I recommend the Whirlpool brand because of the poor response to a lemon of a purchase.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a brand new Amana 3.5 Cu. Ft. Top Load Washer with Dual Action Agitator (model NTW4516FW2) in July 2018 from Home Depot. The product has completely stopped working after just over 2.5 years of normal usage in a small household of 2 people. According to the repair representative, the controller has stopped working and needs to be replaced at a cost of more than $500 which would be more than the price paid. The product lasted less than a quarter of the "expected" lifespan of 12 years. A call to the company that owns Amana (Whirlpool) provided no reprieve such as a discount on a replacement purchase or credit towards other Whirlpool products.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

It's an Amana 28-inch 14 cu. ft. top-freezer refrigerator, from 2014. Still going strong, no hiccups. Big 4 cu. ft. freezer space. Overall, big enough for a family of 4. Setting the temperature at 1.5 (1-5) is cold enough, i.e. saving energy.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

It does its job. It's easy to clean the removable filter. Rarely does it leave any residue, scrubs the dishes well. It takes tabs or powder cleaners. Easy to use, has few buttons to use, good machine!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Works exactly like an oven should. No problems so far. Has good features and we use it every single day. Easy to clean and easy to use. Doesn't take forever to heat up and maintains heat as it should. The stovetop is also easy to clean and heats up very quickly even though it is electric.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

It’s very loud. Sounds like it’s dialing up something. Also you have to cool on high or freezer will not be able to freeze items. This is my opinion and I am sure others don’t have these problems. But I would not recommend this refrigerator to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

The Amana is an 18.5 cu.ft refrigerator. It's a year old and works well. I bought it for two reasons: a) a Bottom freezer and the height being less than 65 inches to fit under cupboards. It works well so far. Not noisy to disturb one's concentration. This would be my third fridge in 43 years. I'm not hard on them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Since day one this piece of junk that they call a stove has never worked properly. The door for the oven continues to fall off. I've watched I don't know how many how-to videos. None of it helps you. Talk to Amana. It's out of warranty even though I just bought it from the store not even 6 months ago. I would never buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Bought a Baking element for my stove. Over a month to receive. Call a service tech to install to find out that I did not need to replace it on my stove. I called Amana customer service to find out how to return the brand new part. I was told to send back in same box with a return authorization that would be emailed to me. I went to the post office and mailed per the instructions given to me but instead of it costing me the same $7.95 that Amana paid to ship to me, I was charged $29.15!!!! My entire refund is only $51.63 so half of my refund is being absorbed in returning because Amana will not provide a return label!!

In the end my refund will equal half of the $47.00 price of the part alone???? When I called the parts department customer service they smugly advised, "Well you have to return in our box but you could have shopped around for the best shipping rate"???? This is a scam and why Amana/Whirlpool is going down in flames! Cheap shots like this to innocent customers who have been loyal to their brand for years. When you ask for a manager the customer service people lie to you and tell you they are the manager and no one else is there but them??? Does not sound like a manager????

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Durable. Reliable. Gas with ignition burners. Purchased 1997 and still working. Has oven cleaning function which makes for easy cleaning. Amana is reasonable priced lower than many other ranges.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Fan for use of oven is very loud. Fan for top of stove is also noisy. One element in oven needed to be replaced. Downdraft causes the kitchen to be cold in winter as it vents to outside. Door has drips between glass with no safe access for cleaning.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

The brand new stove made noises and no one helped me with a repair visit. After a long time on hold a technician was suggested and the person refused to come look at the range. I had to call the store and spent a lot of time trying to find someone who would help. The store would not replace the range even though it was brand new.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

It is an electric 4 burner glass or ceramic top model with a range. One of the burners has 2 settings to match the size of the pan or pot being used. The control settings can be confusing on both the stove top or the oven.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

My experience was great. I love my appliance and I had to get a new and it was the perfect price. My stove went out right before my sister baby shower and we were worried as to how we were going to cook. Went to Badcock furniture and they bought it the day before the shower.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Purchased an Amana top loading washing machine in December 2018 from Home Depot. It worked well for about a year. Then after that the issues began. Stopped cleaning clothes completely, leaving them soaked and dirty. Began making horrible loud sounds constantly, it would get stuck on certain cycles and not complete others, it stopped agitating clothes all together. The control panel was completely out of whack by August 2020 and basically beyond repair (per more than one repairman). It stopped functioning altogether by December 2020, which is exactly 2 years after the original purchase date. So I was then forced to purchase yet another washing machine (not Amana). Amana washing machines are a total waste of money and they do not last!!! I regret purchasing one big time...I learned the hard way how poor quality they really are. Do not buy.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My microwave splatters really easy even when food is covered my a paper towel. It melts plastic easily. I have to pay closer attention when I use any plastic product. I like to microwave and leave while cooking. I cannot do this.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I purchased a stove/oven a few years ago. I hardly ever use it and the issue is the grates on top of the burner that you place your pots/pans on melted horrible. IT IS A STOVE...Flame comes out of the burner ..You cook on it..Seriously..it melts the burner???? The entire finish burnt off the burners. I would never buy another product from them..A stove top that melts. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I like it and it works fine so far. I wish it did not have a push button on it, instead just pull, as I worry the push button will break, they are prone to, as opposed to pull doors on microwaves. It seems to work well, was easy to install and overall we are pleased with it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Our old Amana does not have all of the features of later models; however, still works well, have replaced light bulb once, not bad for 30 years. The finish inside (stainless steel) still looks like new and outside shows very little wear.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

This is our second Amana microwave. We have owned it for 20 plus years had it for 20 years & works great. Would recommend it and buy another anytime. That's enough for me, I give it all fives or tens, terrific!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I'm generally pleased with my Amana products. However, I've had an Amana refrigerator for a number of years and the crossbar which supports the vegetable crispers is constantly breaking. I've recently replaced it for the fourth or fifth time, at a cost of approximately $70. a clip. It just broke again six months since I last replaced it! I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues with their Amana refrigerators. Leonard **.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

In the summer of 2018 we bought an Amana gas dryer. For 2 years it worked great then suddenly no heat. On 11/3/20 I researched the parts we would need to fix this issue. We found, through research, that we would need either a new solenoid or a new thermal fuse and new thermostat. We decided to replace all 3 rather than choose wrongly and have to wait for the correct part.

On 11/3 I contacted Amana support via the email provided on their website because their website did not list our particular model of dryer in order to determine part #s. On 11/11 they responded asking for my address, phone number, serial #, date of purchase, etc. On that same day I responded and said, "No just give me the parts #s so we can move on with our lives." Finally on 11/21, they responded with a link to parts #s. The problem was we already replaced the dryer. We understand fully that Covid is causing delays everywhere in responses to emails but 18 DAYS??? This was utterly ridiculous. We will not be buying any further Amana products to ensure we will not have to deal with this customer service department again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Amana (made by Whirlpool) washing machine broke just after 1 year warranty had elapsed. Trying to get thru to extended warranty people with Whirlpool took 45 minutes on hold, then was told they could be there tomorrow. When local repair company (Appliance Hospital) called, they could not be out for 3 weeks. NO communication between the 2 companies. Worthless washing machine, worthless warranty, worthless company overall. I will NEVER buy another Whirlpool appliance.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I wasn't familiar with the brand name but decided to take a gamble. I purchased the stove and fridge in May 2017 new. The stove is rusting along the bottom of the stove door and the pieces are falling apart. This started last year. The fridge shelf that holds the bottom bin has broken. There is only my husband and myself living here. No children to break it! I'm am very upset and now I hate my appliances. I would not recommend Amana to anyone. They need to be replaced. The stove especially.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Bought and Menards and of course they offer no customer service so I was forced to call the company and of course no help either. On hold for over 2 hours with no one to offer any help. Estimated wait time kept increasing and then the I was disconnected and had to start over again multiple times.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I bought my Amana Ntw4650yq0 washer new about 5 years ago and it won't spin. I do not recommend the 4600 series and I will never purchase another Amana product because you can't actually contact them.

Amana Appliances Company Information