Get Pricing

2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.6/5 (31 ratings)

About Hear.com

Hear.com sells high-quality hearing care and medical-grade hearing aids from eight manufacturers. The company has worked with more than 200,000 customers to help improve their hearing and quality of life. Hear.com offers financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial so customers can experience how medical-grade hearing aids can make a difference in their lives.

Pros

• 100% money-back guarantee
  • 45-day trial
  • Financing options

Cons

• Provider network not available in Alaska or North Dakota

Bottom Line

Hear.com’s expert audiologists will find the right hearing aid solution for your needs. The company has financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial, and it’s dedicated to providing high-quality care at an affordable price.

Top Hear.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

In the beginning I was not really convinced using an online service in order to get new hearing aids. Nevertheless, I filled out the online questionnaire... Hear.com eliminated th...

Verified

I already had hearing aids but I couldn't hear with them anymore... I tried Hear.com. They recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven't heard t...

About Hear.com

Hear.com's experts match customers of all ages with the right hearing aid, and the company specializes in helping customers with active lifestyles find hearing devices. There are no physical Hear.com locations, but customers can visit its partner providers in 48 states (all states except Alaska and North Dakota).

Hear.com's hearing aids come from top manufacturers and range from basic to premium models. Some premium Hear.com Bluetooth hearing aids can stream music and phone calls. Hear.com's customer service is available by phone and email to help make sure your hearing aids are the right fit, and customers get a no-risk 45-day trial period to test out their purchase.

Hear.com hearing aids

Hear.com works with a large number of top hearing aid manufacturers to offer customers a variety of options. Customers can get in-the-ear hearing aids or behind-the-ear hearing aids in a wide range of prices. The company provides a survey to see if you qualify for its no-risk 45-day trial, and it offers free consultations to help you find the perfect device. Hear.com works with Signia, Widex, Oticon, ReSound, Phonak, Rexton, UnitronStarkey and Horizon.

The benefit of buying from Hear.com instead of a local audiologist is the streamlined process. Hear.com offers free consultations, books your appointments with a partner provider and handles all insurance verification. Hear.com also provides a 45-day trial with a 100% money-back guarantee.

How much do Hear.com hearing aids cost?

The cost of Hear.com hearing aids ranges from $1,599 to $6,499. The total price varies based on the technology the manufacturer uses in the device.

• Basic technology helps with noise suppression and provides effortless hearing in quieter situations. The Hear.com cost for basic technology is between $1,599 and $3,499.
  • Midrange technology helps in more complex listening situations, like a crowded restaurant, sporting event or concert. Hear.com's prices range from $3,499 to $4,999 for hearing aids with midrange technology.
  • Premium technology comes with features like Bluetooth and surround sound. These devices offer superior clarity and adapt to your surroundings. Hear.com's price falls between $4,999 and $6,499 for these benefits.

Hear.com provides financing options through companies AllWell or CareCredit. These options require deposits based on the device's level of technology — the deposit typically ranges between $199 and $499.

How to buy Hear.com hearing aids

To purchase hearing aids from Hear.com, start with a free phone consultation from one of its consultants. These professionals make recommendations based on your needs and level of hearling loss. The representative then schedules a hearing test for you with the closest partner provider.

Hear.com orders and sends hearing aids for your first appointment, and the provider performs the fitting and makes any necessary adjustment. Hear.com includes a 45-day free trial to test your new hearing aids, and it claims a 92% satisfaction rate for its sold devices. It also offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you're unhappy during the trial.

During this trial, you get a Hearing Success Program guidebook that helps you track progress with your hearing aids. After 30 days, a hearing coach evaluates your guidebook to see how well you’re adjusting. After this evaluation, you still have 15 more days to decide whether you’d like to return your purchase.

Hear.com FAQ

Does Hear.com have physical locations?
There are no physical Hear.com locations. Instead, it has partner providers that connect customers with the right products.
Can I buy Bluetooth hearing aids on Hear.com?
Yes, you can buy Bluetooth hearing aids and other premium hearing technology from Hear.com.
What is Hear.com’s return policy?
Customers can return their hearing aids to Hear.com at any point within the 45-day trial period. Hear.com fully refunds any returns made in this period.
Does Hear.com repair hearing aids?
No, Hear.com does not repair hearing aids. However, the partner provider you use may offer repairs.

Is Hear.com legitimate?

Hear.com can help if you’re unsure which hearing aid brand is right for you. Its wide variety of models makes it a viable option for customers with any hearing needs or budget restrictions. Though it currently only partners with providers in 17 states, customers who have access to one of the company’s partners providers find the 45-day free trial and 100% money-back guarantee to be outstanding benefits. Hear.com wants to make sure consumers have the best hearing aids possible, and its 92% satisfaction rate suggests it is largely accomplishing that mission.

Hear.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

One of Hear.com's employees that contacted me explained how everything worked and for some reason, I felt like I needed to hear better. So, I gave it a try with the 45-day trial, no obligation. Then they sent me to Discount Hearing there in Pharr. After going through the procedure, getting my hearing aids, and noticing the difference, I realized that I was a professional lip reader because my students were wearing masks and I couldn't hear or understand what they were saying unless they removed their masks. So now, I can hear pretty good. I got the Signia model and it has the different settings for different size rooms. I still don't understand why sometimes if I'm listening to Pandora or if I get a phone call that I only hear it in one ear, not stereo. But the Bluetooth is awesome because if I'm at a meeting and the phone rings, then I can excuse myself and I don't really have to draw the phone to my ear to hear.

Hear.com's reps were awesome. The gentleman was very thorough and as soon as I sent feedback, I received a phone call from the people in Pharr. And I was able to go over there and get my filters replaced. I also got a new dome for my left ear because I was having some issues with that. I didn't expect this type of service and I'm really pleased that there's so much follow-up. With my hearing aids, I'm more confident. Before, I would answer people with off the wall answers because I didn't understand the question since I didn't hear it all, and I get those funny looks. But now, I can hear them well. If I can't, I ask them to repeat themselves or I'll turn up the volume and I can hear really well, then I can answer questions without going off the wall.

Hear.com response

Hi Ray! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We understand that during this Pandemic, it can be difficult to understand people while wearing masks. We are thrilled to know that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing and made you more confident in your ability to understand conversations without having to read lips. We appreciate the positive feedback about our thorough services as well as the services from the local provider we recommended for you. It is great news to learn that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I like my hearing aids through Hear.com very much. I use them when I go out to lectures and other things that I would have problems hearing otherwise. But if I am wearing them for a concert, I take them off because the violin is so loud. I am still getting used to the hearing aids. It’s nice that they're heavier than my old ones. It used to be I wasn't wearing them because I was afraid they'd fall off. I run my finger through my hair and it would disappear. But since these are heavier, I'm not worried about that. But with the mask, you have the same problem. While the mask is on, I don't wear them outside. But there's nothing I need to hear outside. I don't need to hear the traffic.

I live in an apartment and noticed noise in the hall. Before the hearing aids, it was more as if I was living in a freestanding house because I never heard any other apartment noise. I had learned to somehow disassociate the hearing aids with the cell phone which is driving me bananas because it is reverberating around the room. I couldn’t possibly talk on the phone.

There were instructions that came from Hear.com and instructions that came from my audiologist. Getting used to my hearing aids, Hear.com said two hours today and three hours tomorrow. But my audiologist said to go straight in. I told him I got these instructions from Hear.com, and he said, “I'm your audiologist. Pay attention to what I say.” If Hear.com recommends an audiologist to me, they need to say in their brochure, “We believe in these audiologist. They’re great. Listen to them. You shouldn't take what we have printed as instructions for everyone above someone that you’re paying $100 for a basic hearing test and a lot more to provide the hearing aids.”

Another thing is, partly because I don't know exactly how the lithium battery works, it's taking some time to get used to it. I went through three lithium batteries before I got one that worked. But I could go into my audiologist and say, “It doesn't work.” He’d take it away for two days and come back with something that works. Having that one to one relationship is worth an enormous amount. I'd be happy to recommend Hear.com. The were the ones who said, “This is someone who we deal with. We are really good at recommending good people.” That is a tremendous thing that they should be proud of.

Hear.com response
    Hi, Jill. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to know that you are enjoying your new hearing aids and that they are staying in your ears better than your last ones. I understand that during these times of a pandemic, it can be difficult to manage multiple items behind your ears. Because of this, we recommend mask extenders. This will help your mask go around your neck instead of behind your ears. I will have some sent to you!

It makes us happy to know that you are satisfied with the provider we recommended for you. However, I do apologize that you were receiving conflicting advice about how long you should wear your hearing aids. It is recommended to wear them for at least 8 hours a day. If you are still having troubles with the battery, we encourage you to see your provider as they will be able to help you. And of course, we are always here to help you as well. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The young man I talked to was personable and talked about the 45-day trial. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while so I gave Hear.com a shot and I've liked the hearing aids so far. I like the Bluetooth option so I can take calls and listen to my audiobooks where nobody can tell. It took a little bit to get used to, but not much. Most of the time, I don’t even realize they're there. There's probably a model I could have bought that could be smaller and even less obtrusive, but that's not an issue for me. Battery life would be the only thing. I put them in first thing in the morning then sitting there, watching a football game at 9 o'clock at night, they start beeping at me that the battery’s getting low.

The customer service has been very good. I did have an issue where it wasn’t connecting to my Bluetooth. I called and they scheduled an appointment for me right away. It turned out to be an issue of me not knowing how to re-pair them again to my phone, so it was an easy fix. But instead of having to have an appointment with the audiologist, they could have emailed me the instructions, which is what they did in the end to teach me how to pair them again. Other than that, they're very responsive and I would definitely recommend them.

Hear.com response
    Hi, John! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are absolutely delighted to learn that you are enjoying your new hearing aids and taking advantage of the features such as BlueTooth to take calls and listen to your audiobooks. In regards to the battery life, it will be shorter if you are streaming your devices all day long and the battery lasts longer if you are not streaming all day long.

We appreciate the positive feedback about our customer service and your sales consultant. If you are having any other hearing aid related issues, we encourage you to check out our website and our youtube channel for resources. But please know, if you need anything, we are always here to help. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I like my hearing aids and they're very nice. They have improved my ability to hear my wife very much. When I bought them, the local people at the store were also very nice. In fact, I've been back in there the day I got fitted, there was so much to absorb. And one of the reps called me after the fact to make sure everything was good. There were some things about cleaning them that I couldn't remember exactly how he told me to do it with all these little gadgets and he told me stop by any time or he could set an appointment for me. I was downtown quite often and I asked him if I could just stop in. He said it was fine and when I was there, he went back through everything with me. He was very helpful and very professional, yet friendly at the same time.

All in all, I appreciate the quality of the product. They're the world's most expensive earbuds but they work well. I like the fact that when the phone rings, I'm the only one that hears it ring. And I listen to a lot of audio books. My eyes aren't the best anymore and I travel, so I listen to things through them. They're easy to charge, too.

Hear.com response

Hi, Calvin! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so thrilled to hear that your hearing aids have improved your ability to hear your wife and you are appreciating the quality of the product. It makes us happy to know that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features such as listening to your audiobooks and phone connectivity so only you can hear when your phone rings. Also, we are glad to know you enjoyed the professional and friendly services provided by us and your local provider. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I've had six different aids before and I wanted to make sure I had the best as I was tired of constantly not being happy with them. I got the most expensive one from Hear.com and it was the best decision I ever made. From the day I put them in, I have had zero problems. The first day, I kept them on for eight hours. I have them on 12 hours a day every day and I just love them. Last week, I forgot to take them off when I went swimming, and I lost them. But thanks to the protection guarantee, it only cost me $400 to get a new pair so I was very excited about that.

Hear.com response

Hi, Gerard! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that buying hearing aids from us was the best decision you ever made. It makes us happy to know that you are loving your hearing aids and that they are so comfortable you forget they are in your ears. That is the goal for all of our customers. However, I am sorry to hear that you wore them in the pool and lost them but I am glad to know you are taking the needed steps to order yourself new ones. Please reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

You have the most wonderful people working for you. That were very friendly and very understanding. I am now able to hear water running, my car running, and able to turn my TV down. I love the hearing aids, but the company is fantastic.

Hear.com response

Hi Edna! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review! It makes us really happy to know that you not only enjoy our friendly and understanding staff but that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing. Being able to hear running water, a running car, and not listen to your TV so loud is a great feeling and is what keeps us going to do what we do. We believe to hear well is to live well. Please reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The gentleman from Hear.com I dealt with who initially called me was very good. He did the follow up, set up my appointment with the audiologist person and all in all, the experience was excellent. My hearing aids are very good. I can hear excellently. I had one problem with one, and they repaired it very quickly. I feel the cost is high but the quality seems to be very good and the follow-up service is good.

Hear.com response

Hi Alex! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are absolutely thrilled to learn that you had an excellent experience with our service as well as the local provider we recommended for you. Knowing your hearing has improved is why we do what we do. We believe to hear well is to live well. I am sorry to hear that you had a bump in the road with one of your hearing aids but glad we were able to solve it quickly. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I like what I've seen in the technology they have in the hearing aids of Hear.com. The Bluetooth, I find clarity. With the appointments with the hearing doctor, she's able to sit to where I can work on toning down my tinnitus. The quality's fair, too. They're not cheap, but there are more expensive ones out there. I'm enjoying them and I wear them every day. However, I run into a gentleman at the last appointment I had. He had a pair of them also. He was an elderly more gentleman than me and we were both experiencing issues when it rains. His right and even my right, both were not connecting and not coming on. But I went into the app and wiped it out, reloaded, and then, it came on. But sometimes during the rain, it takes a little bit to get one going. But since using it, the sounds of my TV are turned down. I don't have to have things as loud. My wife enjoys that. Also, when I'm in meetings, I can go in, adjust the sound, treble, and bass.

Hear.com response
    Hi Tim. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We understand that hearing aids are not only a lifestyle adjustment but also an investment. Because of this, we do our best to be with you along your hearing aid journey. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your hearing aids along with the features they come with. Also, we appreciate the positive feedback about the local provider we recommended for you.

In regards to the rain, this might be caused by the hearing aids having too much moisture. Just like any technology, dampness is not a good thing for your hearing aids. When this happens, make sure to dry them out. Please reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The hearing aids are fine. I wear them every day and I'm getting used to them. The only problem I'm having is I collect a lot of wax in my ears but I'm working it out. I had a very good experience with the gentleman that sold me the hearing aids online. I love the audiologist that's taking care of me in Somerset over here. Everything is fine. I'd recommend Hear.com in a heartbeat.

Hear.com response

Hi Leo! Thank you for taking the time to leave us an online review. We understand that a wax build-up can be frustrating and cause you to not hear to your full ability, because of this we recommend seeing an ENT to have your ears cleaned out. We appreciate the positive feedback that you left about your consultant as well as the local provider we recommended for you. Should you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I had partial hearing loss and I'm glad that I saw the hearing aids on the computer with Hear.com. The rep walked me all the way through it and it was effortless. I enjoyed the way that Robin, the woman who prepared me, dealt with the whole thing. The cost is nominal because you’re working with one of the senses but it’s outrageous. Still, when I had the hearing aids in, the difference was like day and night. It made probably 100% impact on my life.

Hear.com response

Hi, Marilyn! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the positive feedback about the services provided by your consultant, Robin, and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to her. It makes us very happy to know that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing and have 100% impacted your life. Please reach out to us should you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Hear.com author review by Shelley Webb

Hear.com broadens the scope of available hearing aid models by selling from eight different brands. Online representatives and local partner providers help you choose which model is best for your listening needs and budget.

• Products: Hear.com sells products from Signia, ReSound, Oticon, Phonak, Widex, Rexton, Unitron and Starkey. Hearing aids are available for all levels of hearing loss and come in in-the-ear or behind-the-ear styles.

• Features: Users can find almost any feature from these eight brands, including Bluetooth compatibility with a number of audio sources, rechargeable batteries, app connectivity and protective coatings.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a 45-day trial and a 100% money-back guarantee. Warranties are provided by the manufacturer and typically last one to three years.

• Locations: Hear.com works with Partner Providers in 17 states to test your hearing level, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hear.com Company Information