4.5/5 (57 ratings)

About Hear.com

Hear.com sells high-quality hearing care and medical-grade hearing aids from eight manufacturers. The company has worked with more than 200,000 customers to help improve their hearing and quality of life. Hear.com offers financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial so customers can experience how medical-grade hearing aids can make a difference in their lives.

Pros

• 100% money-back guarantee
  • 45-day trial
  • Financing options

Cons

• Provider network not available in Alaska or North Dakota

Bottom Line

Hear.com’s expert audiologists will find the right hearing aid solution for your needs. The company has financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial, and it’s dedicated to providing high-quality care at an affordable price.

Top Hear.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

In the beginning I was not really convinced using an online service in order to get new hearing aids. Nevertheless, I filled out the online questionnaire... Hear.com eliminated th...

Verified

I already had hearing aids but I couldn't hear with them anymore... I tried Hear.com. They recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven't heard t...

About Hear.com

Hear.com's experts match customers of all ages with the right hearing aid, and the company specializes in helping customers with active lifestyles find hearing devices. There are no physical Hear.com locations, but customers can visit its partner providers in 48 states (all states except Alaska and North Dakota).

Hear.com's hearing aids come from top manufacturers and range from basic to premium models. Some premium Hear.com Bluetooth hearing aids can stream music and phone calls. Hear.com's customer service is available by phone and email to help make sure your hearing aids are the right fit, and customers get a no-risk 45-day trial period to test out their purchase.

Hear.com hearing aids

Hear.com works with a large number of top hearing aid manufacturers to offer customers a variety of options. Customers can get in-the-ear hearing aids or behind-the-ear hearing aids in a wide range of prices. The company provides a survey to see if you qualify for its no-risk 45-day trial, and it offers free consultations to help you find the perfect device. Hear.com works with Signia, Widex, Oticon, ReSound, Phonak, Rexton, UnitronStarkey and Horizon.

The benefit of buying from Hear.com instead of a local audiologist is the streamlined process. Hear.com offers free consultations, books your appointments with a partner provider and handles all insurance verification. Hear.com also provides a 45-day trial with a 100% money-back guarantee.

How much do Hear.com hearing aids cost?

The cost of Hear.com hearing aids ranges from $1,599 to $6,499. The total price varies based on the technology the manufacturer uses in the device.

• Basic technology helps with noise suppression and provides effortless hearing in quieter situations. The Hear.com cost for basic technology is between $1,599 and $3,499.
  • Midrange technology helps in more complex listening situations, like a crowded restaurant, sporting event or concert. Hear.com's prices range from $3,499 to $4,999 for hearing aids with midrange technology.
  • Premium technology comes with features like Bluetooth and surround sound. These devices offer superior clarity and adapt to your surroundings. Hear.com's price falls between $4,999 and $6,499 for these benefits.

Hear.com provides financing options through companies AllWell or CareCredit. These options require deposits based on the device's level of technology — the deposit typically ranges between $199 and $499.

How to buy Hear.com hearing aids

To purchase hearing aids from Hear.com, start with a free phone consultation from one of its consultants. These professionals make recommendations based on your needs and level of hearling loss. The representative then schedules a hearing test for you with the closest partner provider.

Hear.com orders and sends hearing aids for your first appointment, and the provider performs the fitting and makes any necessary adjustment. Hear.com includes a 45-day free trial to test your new hearing aids, and it claims a 92% satisfaction rate for its sold devices. It also offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you're unhappy during the trial.

During this trial, you get a Hearing Success Program guidebook that helps you track progress with your hearing aids. After 30 days, a hearing coach evaluates your guidebook to see how well you’re adjusting. After this evaluation, you still have 15 more days to decide whether you’d like to return your purchase.

Hear.com FAQ

Does Hear.com have physical locations?

There are no physical Hear.com locations. Instead, it has partner providers that connect customers with the right products.

Can I buy Bluetooth hearing aids on Hear.com?

Yes, you can buy Bluetooth hearing aids and other premium hearing technology from Hear.com.

What is Hear.com’s return policy?

Customers can return their hearing aids to Hear.com at any point within the 45-day trial period. Hear.com fully refunds any returns made in this period.

Does Hear.com repair hearing aids?

No, Hear.com does not repair hearing aids. However, the partner provider you use may offer repairs.

Is Hear.com legitimate?

Hear.com can help if you’re unsure which hearing aid brand is right for you. Its wide variety of models makes it a viable option for customers with any hearing needs or budget restrictions. Though it currently only partners with providers in 17 states, customers who have access to one of the company’s partners providers find the 45-day free trial and 100% money-back guarantee to be outstanding benefits. Hear.com wants to make sure consumers have the best hearing aids possible, and its 92% satisfaction rate suggests it is largely accomplishing that mission.

Hear.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had an iPhone and last year’s hearing aid model was compatible with Bluetooth for iPhones. This year, it was compatible for all smartphones. But the $6,000 price was a lot more out of my range, where last year's model was half the price, which was around 3,000. Even with financing or funding, I didn't have $3,000 for the hearing aids. But we were able to obtain financing and get all of that. If I was talking on the phone, I would have to hold the phone in my left hand up against the left side my head. Because if I was holding it with my right hand up there, I couldn't hear out of that right ear. So, that doesn't seem like a huge problem for most people because most people are right-handed, but I'm left-handed. So, if I'm having to hold the phone up to my left ear to talk, then I can't multitask because I'm left-handed. So, that made a huge difference.

Once I got the hearing aids, I'm able to hear on a normal phone. I could hold it up to my right ear and still hear it. But if they're calling my cell phone, I just have my earbuds in and as long as I have my phone close enough to me, I can be hands-free talking. I actually don't need my AirPods anymore because I have my hearing aids. So, talking on the phone, I can just go right through my hearing aid. Even in my car, directions and stuff through Siri goes right into my hearing aids into my head. Siri is connected with the iPhone and you go into accessibility and there are hearing devices. So, any sound from my phone will go directly into my hearing aids if I'm wearing them.

At first, I was hearing my hair move with the hearing aids. I was hearing everything but it's gotten better. And now, if I'm doubting whether my hearing aids are loud enough or even working or whatever, I will reach back and wrestle my hair and I'll hear it. But just naturally moving it, I'm not hearing my hair moves like I did right at first. Usually, I wear my hearing aids at the house but when I first get up and I'm showering, and I'm doing all the things, I don't. I usually reach out to Rebecca, the rep, if I have any questions and she gets back to me quickly. We haven't talked in a little bit but I've not had any problems. I have her number and I can message her, and I also have the Hear.com app on my phone and there's stuff that I can use. It still sends me updates every day of my hearing journey that I can do. I did it right at first but I've not done much with it.

I work a 12-hour shift and if I put my hearing aids in in the morning, they don't normally last all the way through the night if I'm working all night because I don't get home till 7:30 AM. So, usually, if I've had for almost 24 hours, a lot of times, it's giving me a little musical thing telling me that it's starting to run lower. I can be at work and I can watch a video from YouTube or whatever on my phone without having AirPods in so nobody knows that I'm listening to anything. They know that I have hearing aids. I'm a NICU nurse and we have an hour and a half before the next feeding time. But I can do things and just be listening in my ears and I'm not having to stop what I'm doing and get my AirPods and put them in my ear. It goes right to it.

When I went to the actual appointment to get the hearing aids through Hear.com. I was telling the rep that I’m a nurse and I use a stethoscope. I asked how I was going to be able to use a stethoscope with my hearing aids. So, the short answer was I can't. So, if I am using a normal stethoscope, I have to at least pop one of my hearing aids out. And usually, it's my left ear, and I'll put it in that ear and just listen through that ear. But there is some hearing loss in that side, so it's not the best option. But there is a company called Stemoscope and they have a little disc like a stethoscope and it Bluetooths right into either hearing aids.

I got the regular Stemoscope through Amazon for about 69 bucks. I can hear lung sounds and heart rates good. So, I use the basic on what I kinda needed to do and that's what I use right now. I pre-ordered Stemoscope Pro that is approved for medical use and I should get it in June. I've been very happy with the hearing aids and the whole thing with the stethoscope was the only thing, where I’m wondering how I was going to be able to do that.

Hear.com response

Hello Gloria! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the Bluetooth capability of your new hearing aids. I am sorry that hearing aids are not meant to be worn while using a stethoscope but I am happy to learn that you found a company that assists with this. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

One of Hear.com's employees that contacted me explained how everything worked and for some reason, I felt like I needed to hear better. So, I gave it a try with the 45-day trial, no obligation. Then they sent me to Discount Hearing there in Pharr. After going through the procedure, getting my hearing aids, and noticing the difference, I realized that I was a professional lip reader because my students were wearing masks and I couldn't hear or understand what they were saying unless they removed their masks. So now, I can hear pretty good. I got the Signia model and it has the different settings for different size rooms. I still don't understand why sometimes if I'm listening to Pandora or if I get a phone call that I only hear it in one ear, not stereo. But the Bluetooth is awesome because if I'm at a meeting and the phone rings, then I can excuse myself and I don't really have to draw the phone to my ear to hear.

Hear.com's reps were awesome. The gentleman was very thorough and as soon as I sent feedback, I received a phone call from the people in Pharr. And I was able to go over there and get my filters replaced. I also got a new dome for my left ear because I was having some issues with that. I didn't expect this type of service and I'm really pleased that there's so much follow-up. With my hearing aids, I'm more confident. Before, I would answer people with off the wall answers because I didn't understand the question since I didn't hear it all, and I get those funny looks. But now, I can hear them well. If I can't, I ask them to repeat themselves or I'll turn up the volume and I can hear really well, then I can answer questions without going off the wall.

Hear.com response

Hi Ray! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We understand that during this Pandemic, it can be difficult to understand people while wearing masks. We are thrilled to know that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing and made you more confident in your ability to understand conversations without having to read lips. We appreciate the positive feedback about our thorough services as well as the services from the local provider we recommended for you. It is great news to learn that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I like my hearing aids through Hear.com very much. I use them when I go out to lectures and other things that I would have problems hearing otherwise. But if I am wearing them for a concert, I take them off because the violin is so loud. I am still getting used to the hearing aids. It’s nice that they're heavier than my old ones. It used to be I wasn't wearing them because I was afraid they'd fall off. I run my finger through my hair and it would disappear. But since these are heavier, I'm not worried about that. But with the mask, you have the same problem. While the mask is on, I don't wear them outside. But there's nothing I need to hear outside. I don't need to hear the traffic.

I live in an apartment and noticed noise in the hall. Before the hearing aids, it was more as if I was living in a freestanding house because I never heard any other apartment noise. I had learned to somehow disassociate the hearing aids with the cell phone which is driving me bananas because it is reverberating around the room. I couldn’t possibly talk on the phone.

There were instructions that came from Hear.com and instructions that came from my audiologist. Getting used to my hearing aids, Hear.com said two hours today and three hours tomorrow. But my audiologist said to go straight in. I told him I got these instructions from Hear.com, and he said, “I'm your audiologist. Pay attention to what I say.” If Hear.com recommends an audiologist to me, they need to say in their brochure, “We believe in these audiologist. They’re great. Listen to them. You shouldn't take what we have printed as instructions for everyone above someone that you’re paying $100 for a basic hearing test and a lot more to provide the hearing aids.”

Another thing is, partly because I don't know exactly how the lithium battery works, it's taking some time to get used to it. I went through three lithium batteries before I got one that worked. But I could go into my audiologist and say, “It doesn't work.” He’d take it away for two days and come back with something that works. Having that one to one relationship is worth an enormous amount. I'd be happy to recommend Hear.com. The were the ones who said, “This is someone who we deal with. We are really good at recommending good people.” That is a tremendous thing that they should be proud of.

Hear.com response
    Hi, Jill. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to know that you are enjoying your new hearing aids and that they are staying in your ears better than your last ones. I understand that during these times of a pandemic, it can be difficult to manage multiple items behind your ears. Because of this, we recommend mask extenders. This will help your mask go around your neck instead of behind your ears. I will have some sent to you!

It makes us happy to know that you are satisfied with the provider we recommended for you. However, I do apologize that you were receiving conflicting advice about how long you should wear your hearing aids. It is recommended to wear them for at least 8 hours a day. If you are still having troubles with the battery, we encourage you to see your provider as they will be able to help you. And of course, we are always here to help you as well. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The young man I talked to was personable and talked about the 45-day trial. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while so I gave Hear.com a shot and I've liked the hearing aids so far. I like the Bluetooth option so I can take calls and listen to my audiobooks where nobody can tell. It took a little bit to get used to, but not much. Most of the time, I don’t even realize they're there. There's probably a model I could have bought that could be smaller and even less obtrusive, but that's not an issue for me. Battery life would be the only thing. I put them in first thing in the morning then sitting there, watching a football game at 9 o'clock at night, they start beeping at me that the battery’s getting low.

The customer service has been very good. I did have an issue where it wasn’t connecting to my Bluetooth. I called and they scheduled an appointment for me right away. It turned out to be an issue of me not knowing how to re-pair them again to my phone, so it was an easy fix. But instead of having to have an appointment with the audiologist, they could have emailed me the instructions, which is what they did in the end to teach me how to pair them again. Other than that, they're very responsive and I would definitely recommend them.

Hear.com response
    Hi, John! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are absolutely delighted to learn that you are enjoying your new hearing aids and taking advantage of the features such as BlueTooth to take calls and listen to your audiobooks. In regards to the battery life, it will be shorter if you are streaming your devices all day long and the battery lasts longer if you are not streaming all day long.

We appreciate the positive feedback about our customer service and your sales consultant. If you are having any other hearing aid related issues, we encourage you to check out our website and our youtube channel for resources. But please know, if you need anything, we are always here to help. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I like my hearing aids and they're very nice. They have improved my ability to hear my wife very much. When I bought them, the local people at the store were also very nice. In fact, I've been back in there the day I got fitted, there was so much to absorb. And one of the reps called me after the fact to make sure everything was good. There were some things about cleaning them that I couldn't remember exactly how he told me to do it with all these little gadgets and he told me stop by any time or he could set an appointment for me. I was downtown quite often and I asked him if I could just stop in. He said it was fine and when I was there, he went back through everything with me. He was very helpful and very professional, yet friendly at the same time.

All in all, I appreciate the quality of the product. They're the world's most expensive earbuds but they work well. I like the fact that when the phone rings, I'm the only one that hears it ring. And I listen to a lot of audio books. My eyes aren't the best anymore and I travel, so I listen to things through them. They're easy to charge, too.

Hear.com response

Hi, Calvin! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so thrilled to hear that your hearing aids have improved your ability to hear your wife and you are appreciating the quality of the product. It makes us happy to know that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features such as listening to your audiobooks and phone connectivity so only you can hear when your phone rings. Also, we are glad to know you enjoyed the professional and friendly services provided by us and your local provider. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Specialist

Original review: May 14, 2022

I like my hearing aids. I can hear a lot better and the main thing is I can turn them up or down with my cell phone. I really like that. I'm very pleased with what I've got and I can hear. If you need hearing aids, check out Hear.com.

Hear.com response

Hi Carolyn! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are happy to hear that you are very pleased with your new hearing aids and are enjoying the device's features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: May 13, 2022

Ron, the gentleman who fitted me with the hearing aids was very helpful. He explained how they work, how to put them in properly, how to use the Signia App, and he answered any questions I had. I also went back a week later just to make sure that I was comfortable with them and making sure that they were working well. I used the Hear.com app to help give me info about what to expect and any problems that came up. It was very helpful too, however it quit giving me prompts after the 20th day. I am very happy with my hearing aids!

Hear.com response

Hi Bobbie! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that your local provider has been helpful in teaching you more about your hearing aids and that you are very happy with your new devices. Please know, we are aware of this app issue and have our team looking into it. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Resolution response: May 11, 2022

Must admit they are really trying to resolve the issue which I much appreciate. Thank you Pat and Edgar.

LF

Original review: May 10, 2022

Was convinced to drop Costco hearing aids and go with Hear.com. I have been back 5 times for adjustments and new aids and still can't hear out of one ear. Have spent many thousands of dollars and would warn everyone to stay away. Our customer service rep (Pat) keeps kicking the can down the road and it has literally been months since I can hear out of both ears. Would rate them less than 1 if I could. Caveat Emptor. Lois **

Original review: May 2, 2022

I was trying to find what's the most advanced technologies available. I found one on Hear.com so I went for it. I'm happy with the purchasing experience. The hearing aids are excellent and I can hear much better than before. It's easier to listen to conversations when I am with people. I highly recommend this type of gadget to people who are having hearing problems. It can be programmed through the iPhone, so it's good.

Hear.com response

Hi Hyon! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience with our services and that you love your new hearing aids. Also, it makes us happy to learn that you are taking full advantage of the Bluetooth capabilities and that your hearing has improved. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: May 1, 2022

I asked people who have hearing aids and they recommended Hear.com to me. My hearing aids have the little things over the ears and a little part that sits in my ear. I have Bluetooth and I use it with my phone. I especially like that I can listen to music without having to have ear pods. The hearing aids are very good. They are expensive but they're worth it. They make it so much easier to hear the TV without having to have it really loud.

Hear.com response

Hi Charlene! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that you are happy with your new hearing aids and taking advantage of all the features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Hear.com author review by Kathryn Parkman

Hear.com broadens the scope of available hearing aid models by selling from eight different brands. Online representatives and local partner providers help you choose which model is best for your listening needs and budget.

• Products: Hear.com sells products from Signia, ReSound, Oticon, Phonak, Widex, Rexton, Unitron and Starkey. Hearing aids are available for all levels of hearing loss and come in in-the-ear or behind-the-ear styles.

• Features: Users can find almost any feature from these eight brands, including Bluetooth compatibility with a number of audio sources, rechargeable batteries, app connectivity and protective coatings.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a 45-day trial and a 100% money-back guarantee. Warranties are provided by the manufacturer and typically last one to three years.

• Locations: Hear.com works with Partner Providers in 17 states to test your hearing level, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Hear.com Company Information