4.64/5
  • 1 star
Based on 301 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At hear.com, we are ready to provide you with all the information you will need regarding hearing aids. We are passionate about helping our customer enjoy the sounds of everyday life. When you contact hear.com, you can rest assured you'll be getting 100% unbiased information at not charge or hidden service fees. Our team is consists of hearing experts that are ready to provide all the information you might need regarding every top hearing aid brand. Contact us today to learn more about our services & what we can do for you.

B+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

301 Hear.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Although they were prompt in scheduling me with an Audiologist, they failed with follow up. Here are examples: Said would mail a introduction information packet before my office visit. Actually received one week after the visit. I asked for pricing on a specific hearing aid and the Hear.com rep tried to sell me a non existent model. After research found the correct model myself at a lower price. Asked for information and after waiting a week, found out they closed my file as not interested. When called the rep tried to say she was out sick on the day I called. However her sick day was not the same day I called. No explanation ever received about the quote or pricing. They actually expected me to pay top dollar for a model that does not exist! I will go elsewhere to a place that I have confidence.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I talked with a couple of other companies and they just wanted to sell me a hearing aid. But the doctor with Hear.com was really supportive of my needs and was willing to work with me. The hearing care rep who fit me the hearing aids was very professional and knowledgeable. She did not appear to hurry and I received her undivided attention too which was a great experience. I got the tiniest hearing aid because I have very short hair and the hearing aid is up around my ears and I have very small ears. The aids fully meet my expectations and they're easy to use. They’re very discreet and they work great. The support from Luna Hearing here in town has just been fabulous too. It’s been a wonderful experience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I got hearing aids from Hear.com. I went with the one that hangs on top of the ear and has a tube that runs down into the ear. It also has rechargeable batteries which are what I was looking for and it's programmable. The only thing wrong with them is that the earpieces don't last a week. They're pretty bad and there is no pinnaplasty piece. I missed the last appointment and haven't been able to get it loose because I've been having some medical problems and I'm tied up at the hospital. But I just have to go over and pick up some ear pieces then it is going to be great. I'm also going talk to them about it when I get over there. But it’s been fine overall and I can hear on the telephone much better when I wear them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I previously had two hearing aids, but they were too big and I lost them, so I needed another one and got this from Hear.com. Everybody there was respectful and listened to what I had to say, and I had no problem. Everything was good at Hear.com, including the quality of the hearing aids that I got from them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Hear.com was about $1,000 cheaper for both hearing aids so I went with them. But after I got my hearing aids, there was this guy who said that he got his from Costco and spent the same thing as mine, which is $1,400. I bought the ones that go behind the ear and they're good when I wear them. I work at the Texas State Aquarium and working there is like working in a hallway of a high school at the change of class time. It's like that all the time so I can't wear these hearing aids there. I work for two days and the kids there are so loud. I have never seen anybody that loud in my life which is enough to cure anybody from hearing. I usually take the hearing aids off at work and forget to put them back on.

But my hearing aids have a little cotton in there which is supposed to be pulled out but I don't know how I'm going to do it because it looks like it's connected to wires at the bottom of the other end. The health professional that fitted my hearing aids said that that's the best that they can do. She was nice, though. She told me that if I needed it changed, I could go back to her and she'll do it. That's what I usually do after working at the aquarium. I live in Corpus Christi and there's a little town on the other side of the Corpus Christ Ship Channel named Portland and that's where I go.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We had hearing aids that needed replacing and we weren't pleased with them. I started looking on the internet and it seemed like Hear.com offered some options and not just one product. We went down to the place that was recommended in Gainesville. And I really liked the guy there. He was professional, friendly, very thorough and didn't seem like he was in a hurry and he made several recommendations. He did an excellent job of explaining everything and he did a good exam. So we didn't look further.

The hearing aids make my husband interact more and a little more sociable. We got the hearing aids that go over the ear and has the little buds on the ends. They're staying on pretty good. But we had consistent trouble with one of them and it's not working right now. We've cleaned it and maybe we're cleaning it wrong so we're about to take it back down there. Overall, our experience was easy and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Hear.com's reps worked well and I was sent to a good service person that fitted my hearing aids. I was very satisfied with the human element, the relationship between the people that I was in contact with and I'm not displeased with the product I got from them. But the fit is not as comfortable and I don’t hear as well with these as I did with my old ones. Also, my Miracle-Ear hearing aids were much more serviceable.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I purchased Signia from Hear.com. Their customer consultant was very good and very knowledgeable. She even helped me fix my hearing aid a couple of times. It fits inside the ear and has worked well and better than what I previously have. I was happy with my previous provider but it was just an implant thing which I didn't like. With Hear.com, my hearing has improved and I can hear what people are saying. They're great and I liked them better. They have Bluetooth option which I might take advantage of. I'm very satisfied with them and have recommended them to other people I know.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I like everything about my Hear.com hearing aids. They cost a lot of money but they work well. The hearing care professional was excellent. I’ve had a couple of adjustments and there were some problems with one situation but she fixed that too. However, all that Hear.com did was aim me at an audiologist which I probably could’ve done myself. They did fine from that perspective but I don’t think it’s any big deal. The follow-up was good, though. I had a call a couple of times from the young lady who I thought was from the audiologist the first couple of times so I was confused but they did fine. Overall, they did what I expected them to do.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The hearing aids I got from Hear.com are fine. They did a great job.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

The customer consultant at Hear.com was good, but I don’t use the hearing aids much because they are hard to use with the telephone. They were blown up as able to do more than they really do. The only good thing about it is if I'm in a noisy room, at least I can hear somebody on my left side.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I learned about Hear.com online. I decided I liked the company after speaking to Gabby over the phone before even having an appointment. She seemed very knowledgeable. I purchased an over the ear hearing aid from them and I like the fact that I can angle the direction of its antenna inside depending on where I am. The hearing aid was high in price but the quality made up for it. Not a lot of people can afford something in that price range. But I'm not feeling really good about the quality of one of them right now. It's not working, so it's kind of difficult. I need to make an appointment and go see them. On the other hand, I have confidence that they'll work that out.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had hearing aids before but I lost one and it was a while before I got the full feature again. I'm happy to be able to hear well again. I liked the terms that Hear.com was offering and they had about the same cost compared to others so I purchased from them. The hearing care professional did a very good job. She made me feel very comfortable and it was a good experience. So far, I'm doing very well with my Phonak hearing aids although I have a problem adjusting the volume now and then. Nevertheless, I like them because they're much smaller than the last Phonak I had, and they're better too.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

The person that I look after is doing great with the hearing aids from Hear.com. He purchased the one that goes in his ear and everything's good with it. The Hear.com rep he dealt with handled him very well. She was really good with him. The hearing aid works and it is less expensive than other providers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I know that Siemens has a great reputation and I chose their hearing aid. Reuben, from Hear.com’s Northridge office, is a true professional and very service-oriented plus their office was nice. He was great. I have absolutely no complaints. I find everything fine and the hearing aids work. My grandchildren like it but I think the cost is outrageous and that's why so many people are walking around not being able to hear properly. I find it very difficult to justify other than the fact that I can afford it. Overall, my experience was good and the device is helping with my quality of life.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I saw Hear.com on Facebook and got an appointment to meet somebody. I bought hearing aids from them and I got the behind the ears type. The Bluetooth feature is my favorite. The person that fit my hearing aids was great. She made sure everything was fit right and I was happy with the hearing aids before I left. So far, it has made my life better. They were very professional and it has been an easy experience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We had nice people help us and I chose the hearing aids for my husband. We got the small one for him and he would feel much better with it because nobody can see. The quality is good but it's too much money. They didn't have a discount for it either, but it's just good because we need it. We went back one time for the calibration of the sound, to see if he wanted more high or lower. Now, he can hear better and that has made me happy. It's also saving my voice because I don't need to scream anymore. Before, he would also put the TV high some days and he was making me crazy. But now that he can hear lower, we can keep a normal volume. My experience with Hear.com has been good. He's happy with it and I can recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I had a testing a year and a half prior to getting hearing aids but I wasn’t ready to make the commitment then. I decided to get one from Hear.com when I was finally ready to do it. The people I worked with were good and professional. I went through Sonus and got the Phonak hearing aids. They allow me to hear better and they seem durable although I did have a follow up about three months from having it. Nonetheless, I have a yearly follow up with Sonus who was the local tester and provider. They're not invisible but they're not noticeable either, and I would like to see a bit better with its battery life. I don’t wear them a lot during outdoor activities but they have a positive impact in crowded and office settings. Overall, Hear.com was easy to deal with, friendly and has good follow-up.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

The customer consultant at Hear.com was very good. I had the hearing aid that goes in then out and the amplifier was outside. Hear.com notified me that my hearing aids were past the expiration date. I was stuck with them, got to use them, and they are working as long as I can get them to stay in my ear. It’s been a trial and error about trying to get my them to fit correctly and we’ve tried about four times. In fact, I have an appointment back on Thursday to see if we could finally get the right adjustment and we're getting close. It's all good.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I was looking for an in-the-ear hearing aid and not a behind-the-ear model, which is what's being sold locally. Hear.com has good ratings with the Better Business Bureau and I got my first hearing aid from them. The Hear.com consultant I spoke with was excellent. The local audiologist was also good but I had a follow up question with them and I never got a response, which is a little irritating. It was a technical thing and has to do with spatial configuration within the hearing aid, where I can direct which way the hearing aids are hearing. Also, it took a while for me to get used to wearing it and with the chewing sounds when I chew food. Yet it certainly helps me hear my wife and a lot of sounds around the house. We have a heavily-wooded lot outside our house and I can hear all kinds of things that I wasn't hearing well before. Then we discovered that wearing hearing aids with a top down and a Jeep is not a good thing since there's way too much noise.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Hear.com’s customer consultant was good but we weren't able to use the hearing aids because of an issue with my husband’s ear canal. It’s small and they don’t have a hearing aid that seems to be able to stay in his ears into a small canal so we ended up returning it, and the process was okay.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

The hearing aid I have bought at Hear.com has helped me a lot. When they explained me, everything was really good. The only thing was that I waited very long for the mold because the staff there for the laboratory had a delay. I told the specialist that I have a problem on the left side. When I put a headphone, sometimes it whistles. But on my right side, when I put a headphone to listen to music because my husband sleeps early and I don't want to wake him up, there's no whistle. I have to try to adapt in what position to put the headphone in a way that it’s working better. The specialist told me to put a little bit coat of clear nail polish to maybe stop the whistling.

It's also a little bit pricey but when I get better hearing aid, that's better life for me. I’m a stay-home mom. That’s the reason why somebody gave me money as a gift before she passed away. But overall, they were friendly and helpful. Before, I am confused but now, I understand much better the language or what people mean.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Hear.com’s customer consultant was very personable and knowledgeable, and the most important thing is she was not pushy. She answered my questions and that was very nice. It was a very good experience. And, I was very pleased with the hearing specialist. At the office, they gave me a hearing screening. I had one prior but this was totally different. I did not need as much as I was told I needed. She looked up what I could afford, rather than what she’d make the most commission on. I had to send back the first set of hearing aids but she was very patient when I had a lot of trouble adjusting. I have a very small ear canal and we had to keep trying different things.

I have a Siemens which does not have Bluetooth. It has an app on my phone where I can adjust the volume and it has two different modes. So, if I’m watching TV, I can turn it to a different type of frequency for that. It’s very basic and I wanted it because of the cost. It would be nice to have the extra stuff but it’s not essential. I’m still adjusting to them, they’re still a bit uncomfortable but they have improved my quality of hearing. My family says they don’t have to have the TV so loud anymore and it’s a little easier when I’m out in public doing things. Overall, they’re very comfortable, very accommodating and very professional.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I stumbled upon Hear.com on the internet. They had a better price than other hearing aid providers. The people I dealt with from this company were professionals. They’ve been helpful too. I was sent to Heuser in Louisville. The reps showed me what they had in the price range and they demonstrated. They made the process simple, explained everything, and set everything up. It’s been a good experience. I picked the behind-the-ear hearing aids because they’re not as apparent kind of heading. The battery lasts about six to seven days which is good too. I'm slowly getting used to the hearing aids. On my next appointment, I need to have them adjusted up a little. But other than that, they seem to be working real good.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The Hear.com customer's consultant I dealt with was excellent and I like their product. I can hear people a lot of better. I can hear loud and clear and I should have done it sooner. I already recommended it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My husband got hearing aids through an audiology in Georgetown. He got ones that are behind the ear and come over and into the ear. That’s what he had used before and they were less expensive too. He likes his hearing aids and he had a good experience with Hear.com.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My wife talked me into getting hearing aids from Hear.com. They’re called Widex. Its biggest part goes behind my ear and the little tube goes down in my ear. They’re too expensive and overrated although comfortable, plus it matches my complexion so it’s very unnoticeable. The hearing care professionals were courteous and Widex definitely improved my hearing but I find myself not wearing it every day because the batteries don’t last for three or four days and are expensive too. I probably wouldn’t go there if I had to do it over again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My audiologist recommended Hear.com and I bought an in-ear hearing aid called Signia. I like that they’re very easy to use and very tiny, plus I can control them with my cellphone. These very high-tech devices are pricey but they deliver what they promise. I’m not gonna get something cheap. The person who fitted me with my hearing aids was very good and knowledgeable. I had one for my left ear and everything was working okay. Upon recommendation that two would give better results, I decided to get another one and they were right. I was very happy with the service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The customer consultant from Hear.com was polite and seemed to cover everything that I needed to know. I ended up getting the hearing aid that goes in the ear. I had the other style before and I liked the way I heard with it. But I wear oxygen and glasses and I couldn’t have the little thing over my ears. Every time I would take my oxygen hose off, I'd sling the hearing aid on the floor.

So, I tried this style where everything is inside the ear. But I've never been able to get this hearing aid set right, so I'm not wearing it now. I couldn't seem to hear like I could with my other hearing aid. It was probably nothing to do with the hearing aid itself, though, but just me. I've been having some trouble with my ears. They would itch a lot and I would have to take the hearing aid out. I might just have to live with the fact that I've got that thing over my ears with my other hearing aid and I'm still working with it. But the Hear.com people did all they could to help me and I had a very good experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I called Hear.com and they gave me my provider here in Orem. Then, I made an appointment with them and went down. The guy was a very nice man and he did very well. I have a problem with my right ear. I can hear in that ear but I get a lot of echoes and extra noise from it. He tried several different situations with it and finally gave me what I have and it works. It also fits very nicely in my ears.

I still have a problem, especially with hearing and with understanding. It is still the same. People in church talk at the podium and I can't always understand their words. I can at least hear what they're saying and try to discern what they're talking about which I couldn't before. People nowadays talk very fast and I go around telling them to pronounciate but they don't always do that. I have problems with the clarity of the words but I hear them fine. I can't see where a hearing aid would help me with that. But I'm pleased with the man that works with me. I haven't been back to them not because he hasn't asked me to but I have been going from one state to another visiting my children and my grandchildren. I haven't been available but he keeps in contact.

Hear.com Company Information