toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The customer consultant at Hear.com was good, but I don’t use the hearing aids much because they are hard to use with the telephone. They were blown up as able to do more than they really do. The only good thing about it is if I'm in a noisy room, at least I can hear somebody on my left side.

The customer consultant at Hear.com was very good. I had the hearing aid that goes in then out and the amplifier was outside. Hear.com notified me that my hearing aids were past the expiration date. I was stuck with them, got to use them, and they are working as long as I can get them to stay in my ear. It’s been a trial and error about trying to get my them to fit correctly and we’ve tried about four times. In fact, I have an appointment back on Thursday to see if we could finally get the right adjustment and we're getting close. It's all good.

Hear.com’s customer consultant was good but we weren't able to use the hearing aids because of an issue with my husband’s ear canal. It’s small and they don’t have a hearing aid that seems to be able to stay in his ears into a small canal so we ended up returning it, and the process was okay.

The hearing aid I have bought at Hear.com has helped me a lot. When they explained me, everything was really good. The only thing was that I waited very long for the mold because the staff there for the laboratory had a delay. I told the specialist that I have a problem on the left side. When I put a headphone, sometimes it whistles. But on my right side, when I put a headphone to listen to music because my husband sleeps early and I don't want to wake him up, there's no whistle. I have to try to adapt in what position to put the headphone in a way that it’s working better. The specialist told me to put a little bit coat of clear nail polish to maybe stop the whistling.

It's also a little bit pricey but when I get better hearing aid, that's better life for me. I’m a stay-home mom. That’s the reason why somebody gave me money as a gift before she passed away. But overall, they were friendly and helpful. Before, I am confused but now, I understand much better the language or what people mean.

Hear.com’s customer consultant was very personable and knowledgeable, and the most important thing is she was not pushy. She answered my questions and that was very nice. It was a very good experience. And, I was very pleased with the hearing specialist. At the office, they gave me a hearing screening. I had one prior but this was totally different. I did not need as much as I was told I needed. She looked up what I could afford, rather than what she’d make the most commission on. I had to send back the first set of hearing aids but she was very patient when I had a lot of trouble adjusting. I have a very small ear canal and we had to keep trying different things.

I have a Siemens which does not have Bluetooth. It has an app on my phone where I can adjust the volume and it has two different modes. So, if I’m watching TV, I can turn it to a different type of frequency for that. It’s very basic and I wanted it because of the cost. It would be nice to have the extra stuff but it’s not essential. I’m still adjusting to them, they’re still a bit uncomfortable but they have improved my quality of hearing. My family says they don’t have to have the TV so loud anymore and it’s a little easier when I’m out in public doing things. Overall, they’re very comfortable, very accommodating and very professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

I stumbled upon Hear.com on the internet. They had a better price than other hearing aid providers. The people I dealt with from this company were professionals. They’ve been helpful too. I was sent to Heuser in Louisville. The reps showed me what they had in the price range and they demonstrated. They made the process simple, explained everything, and set everything up. It’s been a good experience. I picked the behind-the-ear hearing aids because they’re not as apparent kind of heading. The battery lasts about six to seven days which is good too. I'm slowly getting used to the hearing aids. On my next appointment, I need to have them adjusted up a little. But other than that, they seem to be working real good.

The Hear.com customer's consultant I dealt with was excellent and I like their product. I can hear people a lot of better. I can hear loud and clear and I should have done it sooner. I already recommended it to a friend.

My husband got hearing aids through an audiology in Georgetown. He got ones that are behind the ear and come over and into the ear. That’s what he had used before and they were less expensive too. He likes his hearing aids and he had a good experience with Hear.com.

My wife talked me into getting hearing aids from Hear.com. They’re called Widex. Its biggest part goes behind my ear and the little tube goes down in my ear. They’re too expensive and overrated although comfortable, plus it matches my complexion so it’s very unnoticeable. The hearing care professionals were courteous and Widex definitely improved my hearing but I find myself not wearing it every day because the batteries don’t last for three or four days and are expensive too. I probably wouldn’t go there if I had to do it over again.

My audiologist recommended Hear.com and I bought an in-ear hearing aid called Signia. I like that they’re very easy to use and very tiny, plus I can control them with my cellphone. These very high-tech devices are pricey but they deliver what they promise. I’m not gonna get something cheap. The person who fitted me with my hearing aids was very good and knowledgeable. I had one for my left ear and everything was working okay. Upon recommendation that two would give better results, I decided to get another one and they were right. I was very happy with the service.

The customer consultant from Hear.com was polite and seemed to cover everything that I needed to know. I ended up getting the hearing aid that goes in the ear. I had the other style before and I liked the way I heard with it. But I wear oxygen and glasses and I couldn’t have the little thing over my ears. Every time I would take my oxygen hose off, I'd sling the hearing aid on the floor.

So, I tried this style where everything is inside the ear. But I've never been able to get this hearing aid set right, so I'm not wearing it now. I couldn't seem to hear like I could with my other hearing aid. It was probably nothing to do with the hearing aid itself, though, but just me. I've been having some trouble with my ears. They would itch a lot and I would have to take the hearing aid out. I might just have to live with the fact that I've got that thing over my ears with my other hearing aid and I'm still working with it. But the Hear.com people did all they could to help me and I had a very good experience with them.

I called Hear.com and they gave me my provider here in Orem. Then, I made an appointment with them and went down. The guy was a very nice man and he did very well. I have a problem with my right ear. I can hear in that ear but I get a lot of echoes and extra noise from it. He tried several different situations with it and finally gave me what I have and it works. It also fits very nicely in my ears.

I still have a problem, especially with hearing and with understanding. It is still the same. People in church talk at the podium and I can't always understand their words. I can at least hear what they're saying and try to discern what they're talking about which I couldn't before. People nowadays talk very fast and I go around telling them to pronounciate but they don't always do that. I have problems with the clarity of the words but I hear them fine. I can't see where a hearing aid would help me with that. But I'm pleased with the man that works with me. I haven't been back to them not because he hasn't asked me to but I have been going from one state to another visiting my children and my grandchildren. I haven't been available but he keeps in contact.

I heard about Hear.com on the internet and had a good experience with the customer consultant. I couldn’t hear before using Hear.com hearing aids and now they have helped me for sure.

Most of my hearing was fine but there were some tones that I didn’t hear well so I decided to get the hearing aid called Signia from Hear.com. It’s the one in which the main thing is behind the ear and there’s a little wire that attaches to the part that goes in the ear. It was awfully expensive and causes my ear to itch but I can hear my wife better now. Overall, I am disappointed with the cost and if I had to do it over again, I might check some of the more inexpensive ones and see how they work.

Hear.com was just right there and it was convenient so I got them. In fact, I’ve had them before. It’s expensive though but it’s important to get the best and I hope I got it. Their consultant was very good and when I initially purchased the hearing aids, I went back and saw their hearing professional once or twice, but I’m in Ohio so I haven’t seen her for a while. But then I'm a snowbird so I live in Florida six months. So when I get back there, I'm going to go back to her and see if I can learn and fine-tune my hearing aids a little bit better.

When I go into a bar or a really noisy type of restaurant, I have to turn them off even though I could focus them and hear the sound right directly in front of me, because the noise is still overwhelming. Nevertheless, my experience was excellent. My hearing aids work, they're valuable and I get a lot of older people who’d ask me about them and I recommend them to everyone. There are different types of environment that it can be used. I was also really surprised that the battery lasts a week. I normally take my hearing aids out when I'm home and wear them when I’m out and about.

I came in contact with Hear.com through the internet. The first representative I spoke with was very much interested in helping me get things started. And my good experience with Hear.com has to do with her. She was the one that I would always get back to, but she is gone and I haven’t heard from her. Since I got my hearing aids, I've heard a lot about other companies and hearing aids. It’s a learning experience for me and I’ve been so busy. Right now, I’m getting ready to pay attention to the things that would make the hearing aids really aid me to the greatest extent. I have one more free visit to make to the doctor that handled my case and to ask her some questions.

I’ve seen Hear.com on the webpage and when I called the number, they hooked me up with a doctor over at Franklin, North Carolina. Everything’s been fine and done great. If anybody failed at their job, I have - I’m supposed to take them back to get them adjusted but I wasn’t able to and never went back. Everybody I dealt with was friendly. I’ve also already recommended them to a friend. My hearing aids work great and my wife loves them.

Hear.com was nice to deal with. I was at somebody's house and I saw their ad in the AARP. Their customer consultant was great. She’s a very professional and lovely woman. And the audiologist that Hear.com recommended was competent. I'm enjoying the hearing aids for the most part, but I do not really love having them. Sometimes, it sounds too loud. The whole idea of being able to control it through my iPhone is good, though. Also, I'm not happy with the fact that the batteries run out. Interesting enough, one hearing aid says that the battery is low while the other does not. And the one that doesn't is the hearing aid that goes first. So, it's not really great. I have friends who have the type of hearing aids that can be charged at night. That would be better than having to worry about batteries. But those hearing aids did not have the option of the iPhone controls, so it's a toss-up.

I have been trying since 1998 to get my husband get a hearing aid because he can’t hear. This has been ongoing and I can’t even tell how many places we’ve had his hearing tested, including the place where we ended up getting the hearing aids the last time. We have been in Hear.com before and they sent us to the closest place to us. My husband said that he saw the thing on the internet about Hear.com and he’s just forgotten so that’s how we ended up going back. Angela from Hear.com said that Hear.com is in 50 states and it can get better prices on hearing aids and they were the ones who sent us back to the place in Louisiana that we went back to. I don’t know the details about the arrangements that were made between that person and Hear.com, all I know is that we went there on the referral and they set it up.

We went there and my husband was tested then we bought the hearing aid. We got a better price because we got it through Hear.com price and even the man told us that. We put it on our credit card, then somebody from Hear.com called us and contacted us several times by email to find out if it was them that got us the hearing aid. Hear.com did a good job because they got my husband a hearing aid. In the beginning, it was just the resistance to the hearing aid but in this one place that we went to, they gave him TV ears and that made him realize that he can hear better with some assistance but it wasn’t sufficient.

My husband has truthfully lost so much of his hearing and can’t even regain more than 80% of it and I was noticed then that it was starting to affect his mental capacity. My husband and I are the same age. As a matter of fact, he’s three months younger than me, but he was acting so much older than he is because he couldn’t hear. It was like he’s out of the loop and people would exclude him from the conversation.

He kept saying that there are other things we need more than he needs a hearing aid. Until finally I said that there isn’t anything because his health’s the most important thing. The hearing aid was so expensive and we’re all retired plus we live on a fixed income so money was an issue. We also have no insurance that covers it so it was all out-of-pocket. He has his hearing aid now and we were very satisfied with them.

The Hear.com customer consultant was great and she knew what she was talking about. She was thorough and helped me with some difficulties I was having with Behind-The-Ear hearing aids I had ten years ago. I didn’t like them so she said to have In-The-Ear. Then as we talked about it, she said there was one ReSound that worked with the iPhone that I found very attractive. So that’s the one I went with. It is comparable with the ones I had before which were around the same cost. Also, I like the fact that they kept trying to make sure that everything was okay. When I was having a problem with one of the hearing aids, I sent it back once. Then the next time, they replaced it without me having to send back one, and I was satisfied with the work.

I was doing a search and I ran across Hear.com online. Their audiologist was fine and I liked her. I also like the hearing aids and I’m satisfied with them. They fit well within the ears. However, the app needs some work. I'd like to be able to move it from instrument to instrument without having to go back in and I'm not sure if that's even possible. But I’d recommend Hear.com and I hope to continue to be able to use their hearing aids.

Everything went great with the Hear.com customer consultants. They took care of everything. They filled me in on everything, made the contact, found my local hearing place and made my appointment. They made it really easy and they got the financing and it went really smooth. They have excellent service and were easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommend it.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for your review. If you are having difficulties using the Bluetooth feature, we would be more than happy to help you. You can also directly contact the partner provider. He can explain every feature of the hearing aids, so that you can enjoy the hearing aids to the fullest. Thanks

Original review: July 30, 2017

The customer consultant at Hear.com was okay. I purchased the wireless hearing aid with the Bluetooth capability. However, that feature does not work well with me. I don’t know how to operate it and after a while, I just got too busy to deal with it and so I don’t wear them enough. I will make an appointment with the audiologist. I can get him to explain the hearing aids to me again and help me with it. The hearing aids are not helpful with my hearing. I’m very disappointed with them and I wish I had never spent $5,000 on them.

The little hearing aids that go in the ear from Hear.com wasn’t so bad in the beginning. But as I ran into problems, it’s like they almost cared less. I was having trouble trying to hear out of the hearing aids. Since I work six days a week from 6:30 in the morning until 7 at night, trying to get back to the doctor to get things set right, so I can hear better and for the hearings aids not to fall out, was an issue for me and the doctor knew that. So the hearing aids had to get sent back in and remade.

Once the new hearing aids were made, I sent Gabriel, one of the consultants, a message saying I’m gonna try them for two more weeks and if I couldn’t get better use out of them, then I want to turn them in. But those two weeks took four weeks to happen because of my best friend's funeral and my work schedules were tough. At the end, Gabriel wouldn't return my calls. Instead of her, Helena called and I told her that I’m not getting the benefit out of the hearing aids and that I need to turn them back in. But she said that I cannot and I'm stuck with it.

I’m so mad because now I got a $4,100 debt that I have to pay and I don’t keep my hearing aids in my ears because I get an itch every now and then. The lady told me that I have to get and try some medicine, but I don’t have time to do all that and to get the hearings aids to fit perfectly. Then when I called the doctor one time for the bill to go in, he said he never got my voice message. I did it twice and that took another two weeks. I was way over the 45-day period and I understood that so when I got the brand new adaptor, I had to send the hearing aids back in to get them redone. I also had to try to make sure I didn’t lose them because I had lost one and dropped it on the ground. But I got lucky and found it.

I'm very frustrated with the hearing aids and I'm very dissatisfied with my experience. I continue having to ask people, “What are you saying?” and I was doing that before I had hearing aids. My employees and my wife look at me like I might as well take them out because they're not working. I’ll never recommend Hear.com's hearing aids to anybody. They're a multi-billion dollar company while I’m a little 60-year-old guy trying to survive. I thought they would have taken a little bit more sympathy but they didn't. Once they sold their product to me, they got me hooked.

Hear.com took my insurances. Their representatives were good and our repeated communication has been wonderful. I don't get thrown into a pool and I can actually speak to the one that I spoke to. They're very personable, both on the phone and on the appointment. In the past, I've had problems with the particular ear that I was addressing. I have a very small ear canal there so the size made a big difference. I purchased the hearing aid that was recommended. And a part of it is in-my-ear and the other part is over-the-ear. They sent me to people who can tweak the hearing aid if there is too much or not enough background noise. My experience has been good.

The representative from Hear.com called and she was very nice, personable and detailed on all the things. Getting set up with an audiologist was a fairly easy experience except that the nearest audiologist that works with Hear.com is an hour and a half away from us. We had done everything before we realized how far it was. I've gone three times to see that doctor and I haven't been back because it's too far to go. But the hearing aids had helped quite a bit and they made a big change in how I hear and how I interact with people.

I already had hearing aids from audibel.com and they were in the middle of the transition. The service ended after a couple of years. So, we had to find someplace else. My wife found Hear.com and I got the hearing aids behind-the-ear. I have them for each ear and each one is set differently. I chose that because I wanted the Bluetooth and it's from a good company, Siemens. But the companies are all the same. You're paying good money for the hearing aids and they’re all good. But for the features that I wanted, Siemens was the best.

I was in a Sam's Club and then got tested. When they told me the price of the hearing aids, I told myself I guess I’ll be deaf for the rest of my life. But when I talked with the people at Hear.com, there was affordability. And then, the ones that I wanted were cheaper than what they quoted me. My consultant from Hear.com was a very nice young man. I also like my hearing specialists a lot. They’re very good at what they do and are very conscientious of my needs.

As one starts to grow older, hearing aids are viewed as a handicap signal. My hearing aids are not and I don’t feel that at all with them. Most people don’t even know I have my hearing aids on. I got a silver Widex hearing aids which are kind of elongated and go behind my ear. They are nice. My hearing is at 34% and my hearing aids have done a world of good for me. I can hear now. My overall experience with Hear.com has been exhilarating. From not being able to hear to hear with just a little help from a hearing aid and the ability to afford it was amazing.

My wife is really happy with the hearing aids from Hear. Their rep was very nice and really took the time to listen to my wife. He adjusted the hearing aids so she can hear now. Over the last 15, 20 years we had about eight different people we went to but the one with Hear.com seems to be the best one she has yet. It was hard for her to understand the words people were saying with the other hearing aids she had used before. She had those that went behind the ears and it interfered with her glasses all the time so now, she's using the in-the-ear type. I'm not yelling at my wife now.

Hear.com's tech gave me a test and said that I could use a hearing aid to help my hearing so I bought it. He did a good job and I'm satisfied. If I had any question he'd take care of them for me. I purchased the model that goes behind the ear. It did what I want it to do and I like that I got an app on my phone. There's a lot of good options where I can turn the volume up and down and do different things. If I’m in a crowd I can single things out on it. I can hone in on my wife when we're out for a conversation and blank out the background noise. My wife said I can hear better but I might go back and have them turn it up a little bit to see if that makes a difference.

Hear.com Company Profile