4.5/5 (106 ratings)

About Hear.com

Hear.com sells high-quality hearing care and medical-grade hearing aids from eight manufacturers. The company has worked with more than 200,000 customers to help improve their hearing and quality of life. Hear.com offers financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial so customers can experience how medical-grade hearing aids can make a difference in their lives.

Pros

• 100% money-back guarantee
  • 45-day trial
  • Financing options

Cons

• Provider network not available in Alaska or North Dakota

Bottom Line

Hear.com’s expert audiologists will find the right hearing aid solution for your needs. The company has financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial, and it’s dedicated to providing high-quality care at an affordable price.

Top Hear.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?

Verified

In the beginning I was not really convinced using an online service in order to get new hearing aids. Nevertheless, I filled out the online questionnaire... Hear.com eliminated th...

Verified

I already had hearing aids but I couldn't hear with them anymore... I tried Hear.com. They recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven't heard t...

About Hear.com

Hear.com's experts match customers of all ages with the right hearing aid, and the company specializes in helping customers with active lifestyles find hearing devices. There are no physical Hear.com locations, but customers can visit its partner providers in 48 states (all states except Alaska and North Dakota).

Hear.com's hearing aids come from top manufacturers and range from basic to premium models. Some premium Hear.com Bluetooth hearing aids can stream music and phone calls. Hear.com's customer service is available by phone and email to help make sure your hearing aids are the right fit, and customers get a no-risk 45-day trial period to test out their purchase.

Hear.com hearing aids

Hear.com works with a large number of top hearing aid manufacturers to offer customers a variety of options. Customers can get in-the-ear hearing aids or behind-the-ear hearing aids in a wide range of prices. The company provides a survey to see if you qualify for its no-risk 45-day trial, and it offers free consultations to help you find the perfect device. Hear.com works with Signia, Widex, Oticon, ReSound, Phonak, Rexton, UnitronStarkey and Horizon.

The benefit of buying from Hear.com instead of a local audiologist is the streamlined process. Hear.com offers free consultations, books your appointments with a partner provider and handles all insurance verification. Hear.com also provides a 45-day trial with a 100% money-back guarantee.

How much do Hear.com hearing aids cost?

The cost of Hear.com hearing aids ranges from $1,599 to $6,499. The total price varies based on the technology the manufacturer uses in the device.

• Basic technology helps with noise suppression and provides effortless hearing in quieter situations. The Hear.com cost for basic technology is between $1,599 and $3,499.
  • Midrange technology helps in more complex listening situations, like a crowded restaurant, sporting event or concert. Hear.com's prices range from $3,499 to $4,999 for hearing aids with midrange technology.
  • Premium technology comes with features like Bluetooth and surround sound. These devices offer superior clarity and adapt to your surroundings. Hear.com's price falls between $4,999 and $6,499 for these benefits.

Hear.com provides financing options through companies AllWell or CareCredit. These options require deposits based on the device's level of technology — the deposit typically ranges between $199 and $499.

How to buy Hear.com hearing aids

To purchase hearing aids from Hear.com, start with a free phone consultation from one of its consultants. These professionals make recommendations based on your needs and level of hearling loss. The representative then schedules a hearing test for you with the closest partner provider.

Hear.com orders and sends hearing aids for your first appointment, and the provider performs the fitting and makes any necessary adjustment. Hear.com includes a 45-day free trial to test your new hearing aids, and it claims a 92% satisfaction rate for its sold devices. It also offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you're unhappy during the trial.

During this trial, you get a Hearing Success Program guidebook that helps you track progress with your hearing aids. After 30 days, a hearing coach evaluates your guidebook to see how well you’re adjusting. After this evaluation, you still have 15 more days to decide whether you’d like to return your purchase.

Hear.com FAQ

Does Hear.com have physical locations?

There are no physical Hear.com locations. Instead, it has partner providers that connect customers with the right products.

Can I buy Bluetooth hearing aids on Hear.com?

Yes, you can buy Bluetooth hearing aids and other premium hearing technology from Hear.com.

What is Hear.com’s return policy?

Customers can return their hearing aids to Hear.com at any point within the 45-day trial period. Hear.com fully refunds any returns made in this period.

Does Hear.com repair hearing aids?

No, Hear.com does not repair hearing aids. However, the partner provider you use may offer repairs.

Is Hear.com legitimate?

Hear.com can help if you’re unsure which hearing aid brand is right for you. Its wide variety of models makes it a viable option for customers with any hearing needs or budget restrictions. Though it currently only partners with providers in 17 states, customers who have access to one of the company’s partners providers find the 45-day free trial and 100% money-back guarantee to be outstanding benefits. Hear.com wants to make sure consumers have the best hearing aids possible, and its 92% satisfaction rate suggests it is largely accomplishing that mission.

Hear.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

The hearing aids don't seem to be quite as loud as the other set was. Right now, I don’t have to worry about it ‘cause it's not that hot anymore. But during the summer when I had them, I sweated a lot. That might have had something to do with that one going bad. My last one was still good. They sent me the receiver for my right one. They took the old receiver out and put the new receiver in. It worked great for about three days, then I didn't hear anything any more. I can hit the little button that turns the volume up and down, and I can hear it beep in the other ear like it's supposed to. But if I hit the on and off button, I didn't get anything. It was frustrating because I could only hear on one side, especially on a phone call.

The first lady I talked to was gonna send me a set for $4,000. It fit inside my ear canal. But the more she talked and asked questions and the more I answered, she got turned me on someone else and I got these cheaper, but they're not in the ear canal. They are behind the ear with fiber optic cable right down into the ear canal. They've been working good. What they explained to me was that with the type of hearing loss that I've got, the electronic package they need does not come quite smaller for the in-the-ear canal to do what it needs to do for me. They are minimal for $1,500 apiece and are digital but I could hear nothing. They gave me somebody else's.

I bought my own and picked these. It’s $3,500. I’m getting a good deal. Hear.com's been right on time every time. The right one used to cut out a lot. Now, I just hit the off button and turn it completely off. Then I turn it back on, and it would come on. I still have that problem a little bit every now and then. It has something to do with the way the Bluetooth is interacting with my phone. I listen to TikTok videos, and I'll hear it at one ear but won't hear on the other ear. Then I'll hear out the other ear and won’t hear on this end. Then all of a sudden, I hear on both ears.

Hear.com response

Samuel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are sorry to learn that the first pair of devices did not work out but we are happy to learn that the replacements are working better for you. Please know that just like all technology, any moisture will cause the devices to not work properly. Regarding your Bluetooth connection, you may need to disconnect the devices from your phone and then reconnect. You can reach out to us if you need further assistance, or you can check us out on Youtube for instructional videos.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing!- Sami, Customer Success team

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Hear.com has been in the business and they have more experience based on what I read online. Customer service is very professional and knowledgeable about their product. I'm always one of the people that believe you get what you pay for. I did a comparison and Hear.com is probably overpriced a little bit. Lively has some hearing aids but Hear.com would have the better technology. I just went with what my best gut was.

I hear better the male voice but not the higher tone pitch things. With the hearing aids, I thought the amount of improvement would be more. There are other ramifications to it all. I just couldn't hear certain frequencies. In certain environments, the hearing aids work to a degree. But sometimes after a while, you feel like you're talking underwater. Sometimes you hear the hum of yourself a lot of times. When the microphone pieces pick up noises, you're picking up quite a bit.

I still wear them. I have tinnitus and the hearing aids do mask it. I can still go to Hearing.com and I can still try and do things. The only disappointment and disadvantage of their program is you have to meet when they're in their office. There's not much flexibility there. If you need to go and get assistance, they're only in your area once a week. You can call somebody by phone but you can go in and talk about it and figure out what the deal is. If you're doing things, you only have one day to work with. It's not like you can go, “Well, I can come in this day or that.” No, it's Wednesday between 1:00 and 4:00. If you can't meet that there, then you gotta wait till the next week until you can meet that.

On the whole, I would recommend Hear.com but I would also include that people truly think about what they're trying to get out of it. For me, I'm glad I'm trying it because they say it will eventually offset tinnitus. My hearing functionality has probably improved maybe a couple of percent of what it was. I still sometimes have to go, “What did you say, hon?” or “What was that again?” When there's a lot of noise, it does help a couple of times. If you can take the app and modify the noises, sometimes you can get a good benefit out of it in some conditions. Some other products really couldn’t do that.

Hear.com response

Hi Eugene! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services and your new devices. Please know, that we understand the difficulty with the hours of your local provider only being open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on Wednesdays. However, we do offer free video care calls with our in-house Audiologists and also have a customer support team that can assist you with any issues your new devices may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: May 28, 2022

My hearing was impaired. I wasn't deaf but I used to have a problem in a room where there was a lot of background noise. So, I went to Hear.com two years ago. I have vertigo and the young lady who did my testing said that the hearing aid was not gonna work for me. It was probably gonna make my vertigo worse. And to some degree, she was right. This device is almost like an amplifier. It enhances my hearing of someone talking to me, but it does the same thing with all the background noise, especially high-pitched noises. I was getting ready to call the gentleman here in Rhode Island who set me up with these to see if I could get that adjusted. I work in the manufacturing business and that kind of shrill, constant noise that machinery makes drills right through my head. The 30 days have already passed but I’m not sure that that lady wasn’t right.

A year later, someone called me back and said that that diagnosis was not correct. The device should be okay for me. I had them for about a month and I was breaking them in a little bit at a time, at home, first week, couple hours a day, next week. And by the time the month was over, I was very comfortable with them in my home environment and around my family. About 30 days ago, not even, I came back to the factory. I was working and realized that perhaps the amplification was not the correct thing. Also, I have no control. There are other ones that you can control things through your cell phone. But the ones that I have, I can’t. Or I don’t know if I can. I don’t have software to do it. That was one of the questions I was gonna ask this gentleman.

I have the hearing aid where one length goes completely into the inner ear canal. The right hand one is red and the left hand one is blue. Hear.com tried to send me some parts for it three times and they keep sending the wrong part. So, I don't know if the order had the wrong nomenclature on it. But I finally took a picture of it, sent it to Tiffany, the rep, but I haven't heard from her in the last couple of weeks. I’m wondering if the order that was written was not the same as the hearing aids that came in. When I went to have them put in, I get there and the guys looks at them, looks at me, looks at the order and said that those weren’t the right hearing aids. So, he sent them back. Two weeks later, they sent the hearing aids again and this time, they were the right ones. So it might be some sort of paperwork glitch where they think I have one thing, but I have something else.

Tiffany did a fantastic job. She was on the phone constantly and made sure the appointment did what it was supposed to do. Then, when the wrong hearing aids came in, she chased it down and got everything fixed. The last thing is, I’m waiting for them to send me caps because one of them is torn. So, I need those caps and hopefully, they come in this coming week.

Hear.com response
    Hi Frank! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with us the first time around but we are so happy you gave us another chance. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about your consultant, Tiffany, and the local provider we recommended for you.

For your hearing aids, please make sure you have the Horizon app downloaded to your phone. This is where you can make the needed adjustments. I have emailed you the user guide so you can learn a little bit more about your devices. Additionally, I am having my team send you more domes. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: May 9, 2022

My hearing was not the greatest. My hearing loss was all sound connected with human speech, so a lot of it was muffled. I had to say, “What?” a lot. I can hear things squeaking or car engines but the human speech is beyond me. If there's too much noise in the room, I can't distinguish where sound comes from. But it's all better now that I have the hearing aids. I got Hear.com’s in-ear hearing aids. They're a little bit larger than the ones I had before but they are the Bluetooth kind. The only thing I have a problem with is when I open another app on my phone, literally, all sound goes dead for a second or two. I'm still figuring out how to adjust it when I can. I used to have different settings for different places but because it doesn't automatically switch over, sometimes I just let it go with a general setting.

The customer support has been great. For the first four months, I saw the rep every 30 days and my next appointment isn't until August. She gave me two small packages of batteries. One of the drawbacks is because the hearing aid’s a Bluetooth, the batteries tend to wear out a lot quicker but I still haven't had to buy a package of batteries on my own yet. With having the hearing aids, I don't annoy people by saying, “What?” anymore. My kids certainly enjoy that. At this point, because of what I do for a living, it makes it so much easier. I work for a substance abuse facility for adolescents. It makes it a lot easier to understand what's going on around me. I'm not losing nearly as much sound as I was in the past without the hearing aids.

Hear.com response
    Hi Greg! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your new hearing aids and taking advantage of the Bluetooth features. It is important for us to give our customers a supportive and positive experience and because of this, we like to be with you on your journey to better hearing.

You have continued access to our video care calls with in-house Audiologists and appointments with your local provider. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had an iPhone and last year’s hearing aid model was compatible with Bluetooth for iPhones. This year, it was compatible for all smartphones. But the $6,000 price was a lot more out of my range, where last year's model was half the price, which was around 3,000. Even with financing or funding, I didn't have $3,000 for the hearing aids. But we were able to obtain financing and get all of that. If I was talking on the phone, I would have to hold the phone in my left hand up against the left side my head. Because if I was holding it with my right hand up there, I couldn't hear out of that right ear. So, that doesn't seem like a huge problem for most people because most people are right-handed, but I'm left-handed. So, if I'm having to hold the phone up to my left ear to talk, then I can't multitask because I'm left-handed. So, that made a huge difference.

Once I got the hearing aids, I'm able to hear on a normal phone. I could hold it up to my right ear and still hear it. But if they're calling my cell phone, I just have my earbuds in and as long as I have my phone close enough to me, I can be hands-free talking. I actually don't need my AirPods anymore because I have my hearing aids. So, talking on the phone, I can just go right through my hearing aid. Even in my car, directions and stuff through Siri goes right into my hearing aids into my head. Siri is connected with the iPhone and you go into accessibility and there are hearing devices. So, any sound from my phone will go directly into my hearing aids if I'm wearing them.

At first, I was hearing my hair move with the hearing aids. I was hearing everything but it's gotten better. And now, if I'm doubting whether my hearing aids are loud enough or even working or whatever, I will reach back and wrestle my hair and I'll hear it. But just naturally moving it, I'm not hearing my hair moves like I did right at first. Usually, I wear my hearing aids at the house but when I first get up and I'm showering, and I'm doing all the things, I don't. I usually reach out to Rebecca, the rep, if I have any questions and she gets back to me quickly. We haven't talked in a little bit but I've not had any problems. I have her number and I can message her, and I also have the Hear.com app on my phone and there's stuff that I can use. It still sends me updates every day of my hearing journey that I can do. I did it right at first but I've not done much with it.

I work a 12-hour shift and if I put my hearing aids in in the morning, they don't normally last all the way through the night if I'm working all night because I don't get home till 7:30 AM. So, usually, if I've had for almost 24 hours, a lot of times, it's giving me a little musical thing telling me that it's starting to run lower. I can be at work and I can watch a video from YouTube or whatever on my phone without having AirPods in so nobody knows that I'm listening to anything. They know that I have hearing aids. I'm a NICU nurse and we have an hour and a half before the next feeding time. But I can do things and just be listening in my ears and I'm not having to stop what I'm doing and get my AirPods and put them in my ear. It goes right to it.

When I went to the actual appointment to get the hearing aids through Hear.com. I was telling the rep that I’m a nurse and I use a stethoscope. I asked how I was going to be able to use a stethoscope with my hearing aids. So, the short answer was I can't. So, if I am using a normal stethoscope, I have to at least pop one of my hearing aids out. And usually, it's my left ear, and I'll put it in that ear and just listen through that ear. But there is some hearing loss in that side, so it's not the best option. But there is a company called Stemoscope and they have a little disc like a stethoscope and it Bluetooths right into either hearing aids.

I got the regular Stemoscope through Amazon for about 69 bucks. I can hear lung sounds and heart rates good. So, I use the basic on what I kinda needed to do and that's what I use right now. I pre-ordered Stemoscope Pro that is approved for medical use and I should get it in June. I've been very happy with the hearing aids and the whole thing with the stethoscope was the only thing, where I’m wondering how I was going to be able to do that.

Hear.com response

Hello Gloria! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the Bluetooth capability of your new hearing aids. I am sorry that hearing aids are not meant to be worn while using a stethoscope but I am happy to learn that you found a company that assists with this. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

From the first time I called for information about the hearing aids right through today, support was excellent. I was helped with financing and I was fitted right in my own home. They sent me a Tablet with software that Dr. ** used to do everything online. He did the initial hearing tests and fitting of the hearing aids. 2 weeks later, we had another online appointment where he checked to see if I needed any fine tuning, but all was fine. We had a final appointment to see if all was well. I am extremely pleased with the hearing aids and the support this company, Hear.com, gives. I just can't have enough good things to say about my whole experience. I don't know why people, and I know quite a few, will get hearing aids, and then use them for a couple days and then just leave them on their dresser. If they had these from Hear.com, that wouldn't be the case.

Hear.com response

Randy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience, and we sincerely appreciate the feedback about our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I'm well satisfied with my hearing aid. I hear the things that's been a long time since I've heard.

Hear.com response

Harold, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your improved hearing and your positive experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I really liked Hear.com, and I really liked the sales lady and the audiologist. The hearing aids are great. I can hear a lot better and I like how they connect with my phone and my Bluetooth in my car. They're really cool. Overall, Hear.com is a lot cheaper than Audibel, and the quality is a lot better.

Hear.com response

Sharon, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience with our hearing aids and our services. Also, it makes us happy to know that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features such as Bluetooth capability. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Everything about the service is great. However, the Hear.com hearing aids are too overpriced.

Hear.com response

Trudy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are sorry to hear that you think our devices are overpriced, however, we sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I have been told by others that I could have paid much less for the hearing aids, I beg to differ with that opinion. I have been deaf in my right ear since I was 5. Someone blew a trumpet in my ear to wake me up and from that moment on, the ear didn't work. I am now fast approaching 70 years of age and I can hear on the right side now. My left ear isn't as strained and the right gets, fractionally better every day. The people who work there are amazingly helpful and friendly as well. It seems like they actually care. I would recommend "Hear.com" to anyone who needs help with hearing devices. The people are great and the product delivers more than I could have expected. The best part of this is waking up, putting in my devices, and hearing the world around me waking up as well.

Hear.com response

Michael, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. Success stories such as yours are what keep us motivated to keep helping others hear well to live well. We are absolutely thrilled to learn about your positive experience with our services and to hear that you love your new hearing aids. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Hear.com author review by Kathryn Parkman

Hear.com broadens the scope of available hearing aid models by selling from eight different brands. Online representatives and local partner providers help you choose which model is best for your listening needs and budget.

• Products: Hear.com sells products from Signia, ReSound, Oticon, Phonak, Widex, Rexton, Unitron and Starkey. Hearing aids are available for all levels of hearing loss and come in in-the-ear or behind-the-ear styles.

• Features: Users can find almost any feature from these eight brands, including Bluetooth compatibility with a number of audio sources, rechargeable batteries, app connectivity and protective coatings.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a 45-day trial and a 100% money-back guarantee. Warranties are provided by the manufacturer and typically last one to three years.

• Locations: Hear.com works with Partner Providers in 17 states to test your hearing level, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Hear.com Company Information