Hear.com

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been very happy with Hear.com. Their consultant was knowledgeable and followed up well in referring me to the audiologist and then after that. I’ve been happy with the product. What got me interested was an internal ear canal type unit and I ordered two hearing aids. One of them had to be an external one and the other one I was assuming to be in-the-canal unit. When they came in they were both external. I hate the looks of hearing aids. It’s almost like one has a defect. I was initially disappointed in not receiving the in-canal unit, but since then I’ve gotten over that. It’s not a vanity thing. I just despise the look. The problem with the ordering was from the audiologist and not from the supplier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was little, I had so many bad colds, ear aches and infections. Then 20 years ago, I had been told that a hearing aid would never help me hear any better because I have permanent nerve damage. I've gotten to the point where it was embarrassing for me to have to ask people that were sitting right next to me, over and over, what they said. It's great not to have to do that now because when I saw Hear.com on Facebook last August, I thought they've come a long way with hearing aids now so why not find out? So I called their number and I'm glad I did.

Talked to a very pleasant and very professional lady and she set me up to be tested. My husband and I both got our hearing aids at the same time last September and these are the best investment we've made. I've heard sounds I haven't heard in 20 years with it. I remember the first one I heard when I walked outside the doctor's office was a bird chirping and I haven't heard that in 20 years. However, my husband had a few problems with his hearing aids because the tip-ins were either a little too big or too little. But Hear.com changed them and he ended up going back about five times to get the sound and everything adjusted properly. But mine has been perfect from the day they put them in my ears.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm so happy with my hearing aid from Hear. James, my consultant, is wonderful and a good salesman. He kept on calling but he was not pushy until I made the purchase and he never made me wait. I went to the doctor and he showed me where to go. I went to Manhattan and their people said I should go back to see my doctor again. James was following all my steps until the very day I made the purchase. When I told him about my finances, he said they could take credit and I can apply. Luckily, they did until I made my purchase. Anytime I called him for an advice on what to do, he was there for me.

The custom-made hearing aids fitted beautifully and wearing them is like opening a blind man's eyes. I hear better now and feel comfortable where I am. I don't have to turn my other ear to listen to anybody. All that was said about after getting the hearing aids, I actually experienced that. I should have gone in a long time for a hearing aid. On the other hand, I have a little problem with the price so they said they were going to help me halfway. They decided to give me something which I could use which is worth almost $400 but unfortunately, I cannot use those items. If I could send it back for my future batteries, that would definitely help me than the parcel they gave me. I still have it with me and haven't used it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I checked out Hear.com and their customer consultant, Phil, was a very interesting person to talk to. He emailed me and answered all my questions. He hooked me up with the local distributor and it was really great. They’re nice people to deal with. The whole thing has been really a great experience. I have no trouble at all with these hearing aids and they've made my life better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I will recommend Hear.com because they were good. I am very satisfied with the performance of the doctor. She was good, and had patience and dedication. However, I didn't buy the hearing aid at first because I wanted a small one. I was not agreeable with the one that they sent again, which costs $1,300. It was a different brand and the inside of the hearing aid may have been different, with more advanced technology, but it was the same size, and I wanted the one that was smaller than that, which costs $2,000, but the price was too much for me. Nevertheless, I am going to buy a hearing aid in the near future when I can afford the smallest one because I really don't hear very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the ReSound hearing aid from Hear.com as it was the style recommended to me and I had no problems with it. It was an A plus with the customer consultant as well. It was a wonderful experience overall with Hear.com and I’ve recommended them to somebody else.

I got hearing aids from Hear.com because I needed them for work. They're fine and I had a good experience. Also, they sent me a Christmas gift of batteries. It was a nice gesture but they sent me the wrong size.

I got one hearing aid from Hear.com, it's on my left ear. I went to a number of different places to get it. There's the Hear.com, the loan place that I bought the thing through and the actual doctor that I went to. They all kind of connected in some fashion and it all worked out. The rep I worked with was awesome. I called her a couple of times about the billing and the doctor and she knew all her stuff. She helped a whole lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a painless experience. My hearing aid has worked fine and I can hear meetings and stuff now though I'm still getting used to these things. It has made a dramatic improvement in my life. I’d recommend Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband has severe hearing loss and practically has no hearing at all in his left ear. Our audiologist suggested that my husband couldn't make use of the more substantial unit that's supposedly better because it wouldn't do him any good. We didn't know what was available, so we started researching. The rep we dealt with at Hear.com did her job admirably. My husband got a Phonak V70 and can hear me better now, if I make sure that I'm within 8 feet and the television is not on. We're very satisfied and I'd recommend Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My hearing aid doesn't quite fit right. I’m trying to schedule an appointment to review that because it’s bothering me. I’m going to give the doctor a call. I work and I have to work around his schedule because he’s not always in this office. He has other office. So it’s crazy. I don’t know if the hearing aid is too big on the outside. I use them and I take them out when it really hurts. I went to buy a small one that was barely seen on the outside. And because of the way that my ear kind of is, the doctor said he was going to try to make it as small as possible. It is still noticeable outside. And I’m still paying the same amount for the one that I was supposed to get and I didn’t get it. But Nicole, my Hear.com consultant, lead me to the right direction.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm retired and the hearing aids has improved my hearing. Hear.com's customer consultant was very good however, two things have gone wrong and I need to go back and see them again. One hearing aid went out in spite of the Bluetooth. That got fixed which took a couple of weeks and now it doesn't work with Bluetooth at all. The other thing is the hearing aids chew up batteries like crazy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Hear.com consultant I dealt with was very helpful, friendly, and was a good salesperson. The hearing aids work better than I expected. Before when I'm in a room with people, I hear them speak and see their lips moving but I don't understand what they're saying because I can't make out the words correctly. But now when I put the hearing aids on and I have conversations, I never say, "What? What did you say? Say that again?" anymore. I said that after every other sentence before.

I design microelectronics and I'm impressed with these little things. They are a freaking miracle. When I reach up behind me and push a button, it talks to me and says "Normal." I push it again and it says, "Party mode." It also says "Batteries low, Ready right and ready left." The darn things are not as big as my baby finger but it's stunning how well they are. The pricing is a bit high but we worked on that. Hear.com worked fine for me and I've recommended it to several people already.

I contacted Hear.com after noticing the ad on the internet. I spoke to Daniel ** and he handled giving me all necessary information about the hearing aids, making my appointment with the hearing clinic and staying in touch through the whole experience. He is very courteous and professional and I would recommend him to anyone seeking help with hearing aids. Daniel did his best to accommodate my needs and he is an asset to your company. Unfortunately, the hearing aids did not meet my expectations and it had nothing to do with the company. I may not be ready for them at this time but in the future, if I find myself in that spot, I will definitely seek out your company and hope to have the guidance of someone like Daniel. My compliments to you for having such a dedicated employee.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the hearing aid model that goes in my ear from Hear.com. The guy that did the setting was real nice. I left a day before for Hawaii for my son's wedding, so I wasn't able to go through the process of fine-tuning my hearing aid, and I've got to call him and get back to the store to do that. My one complaint is that it's very difficult to keep the hearing aid in place.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Hear's price and their guaranty. Their rep that I talked to was excellent. On the other hand, we've been struggling with the whistling of the hearing aids and they have been returned twice to be repaired. I'm still waiting for the left one to come back but in the process of getting everything turned around, they've been very helpful and outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I need to get back to see the doctor because my hearing aid on the right side is whistling quite a bit whenever I'm outside playing golf and there’s a scratchy noise against my glasses. For some reason, it does not do it on the left side. Other than that, I like the fact that I can press the little button and it closes out some of the background noises.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking through the internet and I answered a couple of questions. Hear.com got in touch with me. I have the left hearing aid and when I remember to put it on, it’s great. It takes some time to get used to taking it and putting it on every morning. But it's very good. I would definitely recommend Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a hearing problem, and I went to an audiologist and we had a very big personality conflict. So, I was not going back there. I went and had my ears tested by an eye, ear, nose and throat specialist and he said allergies. Allergies don't always cause hearing loss to the extent that I had. So when I saw Hear.com through my iPad, I went and it was absolutely the most wonderful thing. The audiologist knew what she was doing and did an excellent job. They fit me with hearing aids and I love them.

I certainly would recommend this to anybody else that was interested in hearing. The ad that took my eye was a hearing aid that I could stick in my ear and forget about, but these are not the kind that I stick in my ear and forget. It's a little gadget that hangs behind my ear, but I actually go to bed with them. And when I heard a strange noise, it was my hair rubbing. I've also had some water problems in the house and I thought, "What is that noise?" I got up and thought the noise has gone away. Then it dawned on me, it's the hearing aids. Another thing was I thought I needed a new dryer because it wasn't telling me when it was done and I needed somebody to come look at it, but no, I just wasn't hearing it.

I knew I wasn't hearing, but I didn't know how much I was not hearing. Additionally, I was at a stoplight and there was a big 18-wheeler coming up alongside me. Prior to this hearing aid, I would not have heard the truck. There were a number of things that I didn't hear, but now, I hear great and the hearing aids are totally comfortable. I'm very pleased with them and the whole experience was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been wearing hearing aids for many, many years and this is the first experience I've had with Hear.com. The woman I dealt with was very competent, friendly and has good business manner. Everything worked out according to the schedule. I have the hearing aids and am working with them and will see how these go.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hear.com talked to me about the all in the ear hearing aid. I was then sent to Lori's business and the hearing aid I got was fine and it's placed in the ear but it's still visible. Since using the hearing aid, I can hear people talking to me, even in the car. Before, I could never do that. But I don’t like the hearing aid person I was dealing with. Her name was Lori but she was helpful and knew what she was doing as far as the hearing aid part. However, after she lost her front assistant Shelly, she had no idea what the stuff that Shelly was doing for her. And it took two hours the last time we were in her shop and she fired on everybody that went in the shop because she was so far behind. Then there was another guy who came in and wasn't on an appointment. I didn't know how long he had to sit and wait because our hearing aids weren't done yet that time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hear.com advertised that they would give an ear examination and see whether hearing aids are needed or not. The audiologist was excellent and knew what she was doing. Their reps were very good, too. If I have a problem, I call up and they tell me to come right down. I'm happy that I'm dealing with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been bugged to get hearing aids and my experience with Hear.com has been good. I hear a little bit better with it and it's helped me but sometimes I could not hear my wife. I've had the hearing aids adjusted for different frequencies and higher pitches and that has helped me immensely. But I need to go back in the shop because three times now, the left hearing aid has shut off and started back up. And it's not consistent. It's been like this for one and a half month months. I told Hear.com about it one time and they're wondering what it might be. I told them I'd just continue using it but now it hasn't acted up. And I get a certain tone in my ear when I put the battery in.

But everything has gone fine with the customer service team except with the rep named Allen who told me that he was going to send me a charger and rechargeable batteries after I make the 45 days. Three days later after he told me he'll get them for me, I received many packs of regular batteries. I emailed him back saying it wasn't what was promised to me and I never heard from him again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I worked at Boeing, I worked in a shop for about 10 years. And with all that noise, I began to lose my hearing. Hear.com did a great job. They referred me to somebody, and that specialist was really good to work with. I can hear a lot better than I did before. Now, I can hear people's conversations from a distance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got over-the-ear hearing aids from Hear.com. The rep who assisted me was very helpful and considerate. She always responded to any inquiry promptly and had the information available. The company saved me a little under 2,000 on the retail process of the hearing devices. If I'd gone to a hearing specialist, the hearing aids would have cost a little over $6,000. I paid about $400 to $800 to them and it still included the hearing expert's services. They've contracted with retail hearing services to perform the same work for less than they usually do. I got the hearing aids in about a week which was fast. The experience with them has been reassuring and entirely pleasant.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My left hearing aids fell out. It's been lost and this has been close to two months at this point. I contacted Hear.com right away. I bought my set from Alex and I was told to pick my hearing aids up at HearUSA. They were extremely nice and efficient. They were very good. But, to this point, I still don't have the left one. Alex never called me back. I also talked to a lady named Dianne. She got permission of the supervisor to replace it for $250 and when I called back, nobody knew anything. Everything was set up with HearUSA, and then I got a call where they said they didn't have the credit card number. Well, they had one on file. I know they did because I gave them one when I bought this set. They've wasted four days at this point.

It's six weeks into this deal. I've been waiting for another hearing aid through all this time because I need two of them. Last Tuesday, I talked to someone down there. I waited two hours at HearUSA to get an answer from somebody. The girl at HearUSA had been talking to them down South so they were supposed to overnight it to me. But they couldn't because it was too late due to the time difference. I understand that. So, the next day, they were supposed to overnight it to me and it should have been there on Thursday, but it's not there.

I have never been jacked around so much in my life. I went so far as to try to buy another one at Costco and they said they won't match. So, honest to God, I'd rather take a bullet than do business with these people again. I'm retired now, but I used to own a company. And if I operated like them, I wouldn't be in business. I was recommending them to a lot of people, but I canceled it all. I will never, ever buy from them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my Siemens hearing aids a couple of months ago from Hear.com and their customer service was excellent. My customer consultant, Amber, would always touch base with me every time she knew I had an appointment. She was very good to deal with. She made herself available at odd hours because of the hours that I work. My only disappointment is that I have a 45-day complete money back guarantee. About two weeks after that expired, I found out that I actually have hearing aid insurance. I had paid full-price and I could have saved about $1000. If I’d been in the 45-day period, I would’ve simply returned my hearing aid. And then my insurance covers about six or seven different brands. It did not cover the brand that I got. Given that I’ve never worn one before, it didn’t matter to me which brand I got. But that isn’t necessarily an issue with Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The representative in Florida was really good and the financing worked for me. There was no way that I was going to get a cheap pair of hearing aids and go without financing, so it all worked out pretty good with Hear.com. I talked to the customer consultant a number of times over the phone, and he set me up with an audiologist in Godfrey, Illinois. I spent a lot of money for my hearing aids, but the product I got works great.

There are four different settings on my app. There's the All Around, then there's one called Party, and that seems to work better for me for filtering most of the background noise. Another one is Music, but that one doesn't really do it. I'd be in a crowded clubhouse where there's a pool table and music playing over in a corner, so it can get pretty noisy there, but this setting seems to be the best one that works here, since it keeps every sound down to where I can still hear everything, but at least now I can hear somebody at the end of the counter, if they say my name or something else, so it's really cool. With the whole experience I had with Hear.com, from the representative in Florida to the audiologist, I'd recommend them. The only thing I gripe about is the high interest rate on the financing but they still give me the option to pay the whole thing off till April if I had the money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very satisfied with Hear.com's rep. Sebastian was the fellow that I talked to and he's very courteous and helpful. The price that I paid for the hearing aids was significantly less than what I had before but they are not of the same class. I got them in two weeks. Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised. I've never dealt through the internet or over the phone to buy something like that and I was very happy with it. If someone asks me who’s considering hearing aids, I would recommend Hear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is the first time I got hearing aids and the Hear.com customer consultant did a good job. Most of my contact was from a local provider and she handled everything. My experience with the company was fine.

Hear.com Company Profile