2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Hear.com

Hear.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5

Hear.com helps customers choose between hearing aid brands to find the best fit for their needs. The company has worked with more 100,000 customers and helps make it simple and convenient to find the right hearing aids. Customers can take advantage of Hear.com’s financing options to pay for their hearing aids. Hear.com includes a 45-day trial to ensure every customer is satisfied with their hearing aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Hear.com's expert audiologists provide concierge service to help you choose from eight hearing aid brands. The company guarantees that you'll like your purchase and provides follow-up care.

PROS

• 100% money-back guarantee
  • 45-day trial
  • Financing options

CONS

• Provider network not available in Alaska or North Dakota

Top Hear.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

In the beginning I was not really convinced using an online service in order to get new hearing aids. Nevertheless, I filled out the online questionnaire... Hear.com eliminated the obligation to spend hours looking for a hearing aid... Hear.com took care of me from start to finish.

I already had hearing aids but I couldn't hear with them anymore... I tried Hear.com. They recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven't heard things this clear in 25 years... You get a 45 day free trial to make up your mind. They will help you with the financing.

About Hear.com

Hear.com's experts match customers of all ages with the right hearing aid, and the company specializes in helping younger and active customers find hearing devices. There are no physical Hear.com locations, but customers can visit its partner providers in multiple states.

Hear.com's hearing aids come from top manufacturers and range from basic to premium models. Some premium Hear.com Bluetooth hearing aids can stream music and phone calls. Hear.com's customer service is available by phone and email to help make sure your hearing aids are the right fit, and customers get a 45-day trial period to test out their purchase.

Hear.com hearing aids

Hear.com works with a large number of top hearing aid manufacturers to offer customers a variety of options. Customers can get in-the-ear hearing aids or behind-the-ear hearing aids in a wide range of prices. The company provides a quiz on its website that helps you discover what hearing aid what technology may be right for you, and it offers free consultations to help you find the perfect device. Hear.com works with Signia, Widex, Oticon, ReSound, Phonak, Rexton, Unitron and Starkey.

The benefit of buying from Hear.com instead of a local audiologist is the streamlined process. Hear.com offers free consultations, books your appointments with a partner provider and handles all insurance verification. Hear.com also provides a 45-day trial with a 100% money-back guarantee.

How much do Hear.com hearing aids cost?

The cost of Hear.com hearing aids ranges from $1,599 to $6,499. The total price varies based on the technology the manufacturer uses in the device.

• Basic technology helps with noise suppression and provides effortless hearing in quieter situations. The Hear.com cost for basic technology is between $1,599 and $3,499.
    • Midrange technology helps in more complex listening situations, like a crowded restaurant, sporting event or concert. Hear.com's prices range from $3,499 to $4,999 for hearing aids with midrange technology.
    • Premium technology comes with features like Bluetooth and surround sound. These devices offer superior clarity and adapt to your surroundings. Hear.com's price falls between $4,999 and $6,499 for these benefits.

Hear.com provides financing options through three companies: AllWell, CareCredit and Wells Fargo. Customers can get a 12-month, no-interest payment plan or extended plans of 24, 28 or 60 months with approved credit. If you don’t qualify for one of these plans, you can still qualify for a financing plan with a 30% down payment.

How to buy Hear.com hearing aids

To purchase hearing aids from Hear.com, start with a free phone consultation from one of its audiologists. These professionals offer advice on models, pricing, insurance and anything else you need to know. The representative then schedules a hearing test for you with the closest partner provider.

The partner provider discusses models and prices with you and helps you find the right hearing aids for your needs. The company includes a 45-day free trial to test your new hearing aids, and it claims a 92% satisfaction rate for its sold devices. Hear.com offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you're unhappy during the trial.

During this trial, you get a Hearing Success Program guidebook that helps you track progress with your hearing aids. After 30 days, a hearing coach evaluates your guidebook to see how well you’re adjusting. After this evaluation, you still have 15 more days to decide whether you’d like to return your purchase.

Hear.com FAQ

Does Hear.com have physical locations?
    There are no physical Hear.com locations. Instead, it has partner providers that connect customers with the right products.
    Can I buy Bluetooth hearing aids on Hear.com?
    Yes, you can buy Bluetooth hearing aids and other premium hearing technology from Hear.com.
    What is Hear.com’s return policy?
    Customers can return their hearing aids to Hear.com at any point within the 45-day trial period. Hear.com fully refunds any returns made in this period.
    Does Hear.com repair hearing aids?
    No, Hear.com does not repair hearing aids. However, the partner provider you use may offer repairs.

Is Hear.com legitimate?

Hear.com can help if you’re unsure which hearing aid brand is right for you. Its wide variety of models makes it a viable option for customers with any hearing needs or budget restrictions. Though it currently only partners with providers in 17 states, customers who have access to one of the company’s partners providers find the 45-day free trial and 100% money-back guarantee to be outstanding benefits. Hear.com wants to make sure consumers have the best hearing aids possible, and its 92% satisfaction rate suggests it is largely accomplishing that mission.

Hear.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 30, 2020

Careless salesman, confused, managed to ruin the whole experience for me. Insisted I buy what he wanted not what I wanted. Seemed like I was charged twice as much for hearing aids that I didn't want...

Hear.com response

Hi Veronica. My name is Lesly, and I've been assigned to your case. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you felt disappointed with your experience. I've sent you a private message to discuss how we can assist and improve your experience. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I had started thinking about getting hearing aids. One day I was on the internet, and a Hear.com ad popped up. I responded to it. Jayson ** called and asked detailed questions about my hearing. I was impressed with the questions he asked. He set up my first appointment. Patty, the receptionist, and Dr. ** made me feel welcome. I had the hearing test. Dr. ** gave me information about the styles of hearing aids. A short time later I picked up the hearing aids. It has taken several trips to the office to make adjustments to the hearing aids. During this time Jayson called several times to check on how the experience was going. I can call the office or Jayson anytime with questions or concerns. All 3 people are eager to answer questions and help make the hearing aid experience a success.

The whole process was so much simpler than I imagined it would be. I have never felt like they were glad to hand over the hearing aids and be finished with me. Because of the care and concern they give, I have given a recommendation for hear.com to my primary care doctor to share with others patients. Usually when I am going to try something I research it. Before connecting with hear.com I had not done any research on hearing aids. It was a great experience!

Hear.com response

Hi Shirley! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your journey with hear.com. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We know the process of getting hearing aids can be intimidating, but we try to make it as easy as possible for you. I will relay your feedback to Jayson and the partner provider that you visited. They'll be very happy to hear this. We are still here to help if you need anything. Wishing you happy hearing!

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I found Hear.com on web. When I wanted to buy or interested they were quick to answer your call. They were quick to follow up, help find a dealer in my area. But that is when they want to sell you $5,000 hearing aids. The customer service I am concerned about or not happy with is the after buying help. I love my hearing aids. You don't need to buy from Hear.com. You can get anywhere. However, when you have a warranty or insurance claim you get the runaround. One person said I have to go back to the place I picked them up. I call that guy. He says now it has to go through them. I call Hear.com again. Get put on hold trying to find the guy who I dealt with there, he was on phone. I could leave him a message.

Well, I did nothing for over 4hrs. I call back again. Couldn't get the guy I dealt with, no one wanted to help. I was getting upset and finally the guy you dealt with is off the phone. Here he is. Ok, I get him on phone. He has to go look up, see if covered. OK great, it is needed to collect my payment. I gave it. Well, three weeks I call my office. They had my hearing aids and have been calling hear.com to find out if they were paid for, nobody could call them back for a couple of days. Finally got them taken care. So on the backside of things they don't care, slow to answer or follow through. I won't recommend to anybody. This is my experience with this company. So you have been told.

Hear.com response

Hello Ernest. We want to help you to the best of our abilities. However, I will need some additional information in order to look you up in our system. I sent you a private message on 3/19/2020, but I haven't heard back. Please reach out to me to confirm your purchase with hear.com and get this solved as quickly as possible. Thank you again for sharing!

Original review: March 9, 2020

The hearing aids were okay, but found same quality elsewhere for 1/2 the price. We returned the hearing aids within the 45 days specified and never received our initial $166.00 refund. It was stated money back guarantee.

Hear.com response

Hi Morgan. Thank you for reaching out to us, and we are sorry for the inconvenience. Your refund was processed on 3/9/2020. Please allow up to 3-5 business days for the return to be processed. We sent you a confirmation of your refund the day it was processed. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

Resolution response: Feb. 18, 2020

Thanks for the apology.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Elizabeth called within an hour of me entering my information. She explained to me a bunch of stuff, including that there are 3 levels of aids: low, middle, and high. Probably because I'm a software developer, she told me that the low-range aids would not be the best way to go (she compared them to an old, slow computer). I said that's fine, but I would not do the high-end because price was an issue. She set me up with Hear.com app, which was then the main way we corresponded (via texting on it). She asked what color I would like, but didn't really tell me what would be best. She said Silver is the most popular color.

Several days later she told me she had a local place picked out, and I really liked the location. She also told me the price for the pair would be $5500, at which I was very surprised because I was looking to spend no more than $3000, based on previous research. I kept the appointment just to see what it was like. The hearing aids are very nice but the place was a little tiny place with only 2 small rooms and out-dated equipment. The people were very nice & showed me how to use the aids. However, the man did tell me it was his best model. Bottom line is that Elizabeth didn't listen to me, and can't be trusted. I will be returning the aids during my 45-day trial. I've already ordered another pair with another provider who really took the time to listen to me & my needs. The pair is a mid-range level for $2800.

Hear.com response

Hi Matt! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. Our goal at hear.com is to help find the perfect solution that meets needs, which most definitely includes your budget. Elizabeth is one of our top consultants, and very unlike her to ignore your budget needs especially if you communicated it with her directly. Although it didn't work out with our company, we are happy to hear that you were able to find a solution.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

After contacting Hear.com they helped me select the local company (Moran hearing aid center). Mr. Moran tested my hearing and he recommended allegry free molds for my ears. They turned out to be to heavy and kept falling. They shipped a different hearing device that was smaller and in the ear. These hearing aids work great. Hear.com stayed in touch all throughout the evaluation. I am very satisfied with both companies and I am enjoying my new hearing aids.

Hear.com response

Hi William. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with hear.com. Glad to hear you had a great experience with our partner provider, we take pride in our selection of hand-picked local providers. Also, we are happy to hear that your hearing aid expert stayed in contact with you. If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy hearing! - hear.com team

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I expressed an interest in hearing aids to two different companies online after I could no longer hear a large amount of what my wife and other people with higher frequency voices said and I couldn't hear at all in crowded rooms. The two companies had what appeared to be similar products but Hear.com was substantially lower priced. Hear.com explained what type of products are available on the market and who the three main manufacturers of hearing aids are. They asked me detailed questions as to the nature of my hearing difficulties and asked what my objectives were in improving my hearing. They send me for a full hearing evaluation by an audiologist and after they reviewed the results with me they then suggested models they thought were the most appropriate for me.

They then referred me to Hearing Rehabilitation, a local company that sells and services many brands of hearing aids. They, and many other companies, give special discounted prices for most or all of those brands. Hear.com kept in close contact with me calling me after each stage of the process and making sure everything was going well and that I was happy with everyone involved. They were great! I decided on a Widex (manufacturer) EF23TT model that includes bluetooth. My telephone and music system now play in my ears and I can hear all phone calls very clearly, one of my bigger complaints before getting the hearing aids.

My friends and family love the fact that I am no longer asking them to repeat everything and I participate in activities more often since I can hear everyone. My hearing is not perfect but it has improved so much that I'm enjoying meeting with friends and going out to dinner and for drinks and other social events. My tinnitus is almost nonexistent while wearing my hearing aids and they are so comfortable I forget that I'm wearing them. I should have started wearing hearing aids several years ago but I love having them now. Thank you Hear.com and Hearing Rehabilitation for helping me so much! My hearing aids have rechargeable batteries that hold a charge for about 16 hours, I would highly suggest them and my hearing aids are so small that it's very hard for people to tell I'm wearing them. They're great.

Sincerely,

Loren

Hear.com response

Hi Loren, thank you for taking the time to share your story. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with hear.com. There's nothing better than being able to enjoy all the sounds life has to offer. It's also great to hear that your tinnitus has been improved by wearing hearing aids, many people suffer from ringing in their ears and don't know that hearing aids will help. We hope you continue to enjoy your new hearing aids. Happy hearing! -hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have been deprived of ability to hear everything for so many years and reached a point where I need to have something to enhance my hearing capability or life would be so much difficult for a senior citizen like me. I just wish that hearing aids are more affordable so that other senior citizens who solely rely on Social Security can enjoy a better life.

Hear.com response

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share. We are happy the hearing aids were able to enhance your hearing capabilities. We acknowledge that hearing aids are an investment. We try our best to provide affordable solutions. We also work with insurance companies and financing to make it even more affordable. We wish you a happy holiday season! - hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Everyone will lose their hearing, it’s inevitable! I have noticed that I’m not hearing everything I used to so I went for a Hearing Test for Hear.com. They set me up w/ a great specialist who enlightened me to the world of Hearing Aids, as well as the customers waiting to see him, too. After taking the test, he said I’m Not quite ready for hearing aids, but to keep my eyes open about the advancement in the industry. So much has happened recently to improve hearing aids that you almost don’t notice anyone wearing them. My time will come, as will yours. Thanks again Hear.com for opening my eyes to better hearing.

Hear.com response

Hi Keith! Thank you for sharing your experience with our company. So happy we were able to open your eyes to a world of better hearing. Soon it might be your ears! If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy hearing - hear.com team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I already had hearing aids but they were 7 years old and I couldn’t hear with them anymore. I first looked online for the ones you just order for about $300. Talk to someone that had a pair and he said that they just magnified the sound. So I tried Hear.com. Had the hearing test and they recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven’t heard things this clear in 25 years. You have so many different adjustments you can with your phone that cover so many different environments that you may be in. These adjustments are amusing. I would recommend these aids for anybody that is tired of not hearing when in a restaurant, watching tv, sporting events and many more. You get a 45 day free trial to make up your mind. They are worth the money and they will help you with the financing.

Hear.com response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to share your story. It truly is amazing what a pair of medical-grade hearing aids can do for one's life. The technology also has gotten much better, explains the clarity! Great to hear about your positive experience with our company and the devices. Happy hearing! - hear.com team

hear.com author review by Shelley Webb

Hear.com broadens the scope of available hearing aid models by selling from eight different brands. Online representatives and local partner providers help you choose which model is best for your listening needs and budget.

• Products: Hear.com sells products from Signia, ReSound, Oticon, Phonak, Widex, Rexton, Unitron and Starkey. Hearing aids are available for all levels of hearing loss and come in in-the-ear or behind-the-ear styles.

• Features: Users can find almost any feature from these eight brands, including Bluetooth compatibility with a number of audio sources, rechargeable batteries, app connectivity and protective coatings.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a 45-day trial and a 100% money-back guarantee. Warranties are provided by the manufacturer and typically last one to three years.

• Locations: Hear.com works with Partner Providers in 17 states to test your hearing level, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hear.com Company Information