Hear.com

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My hearing aids from Hear.com help me in situations where I'm in a big hall and there's a lot of people talking like in a wedding or a party. Otherwise, on a daily basis, I don't need it that much. The product is fine but there was trouble when I dealt with their sales consultant. The gentleman told me through the phone that I can get a five-year warranty, that I can have so many visits for free and that everything would work when I got it. I said "fine" and he then gave me the address for the product. So I went down there to the new office in Rochester and the lady didn't even know I was a customer and that I had already bought it. They were also telling me I got to pay $50 each visit.

I told her to hold on and that I came in there because they were supposed to have my hearing aids. So then she called the main office, found out I had bought it and she said I'd come back two weeks from then. Then when I came back, there were things that weren't there. And then when they got it, they didn't notify me that it was already there. Two weeks later, I stopped there and they said they had it. So that was four weeks when I finally got it. That was really bad. I was not satisfied. Also, I don't have anything on paper so I don't know where I have to go to get the warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love the hearing aids I got from Hear.com. They go in my ear completely. I had hearing aids before that I put around my ear. However, I wear reading glasses and every time I put them on and take them off, especially at work, those hearing aids come out. So I wanted something I wouldn't have that problem with. Also, my customer consultant is great and she has done a wonderful job for me. If I knew other people that needed hearing instruments, I would immediately send them to someone like her. She's been unbelievable and fabulous. I have an appointment tonight for my two months follow-up. I may have a problem that I may have created in my right instrument so I'll talk to her tonight and find out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Hear.com's hearing aids. It’s fine and has a lot of quick features. I have the one that has a remote. There’s a lot of movement and positions you could put it in and I'm still playing with it, how to use it and put it in the right place. If it’s not in the correct place it’s a little bit distorted so I don’t know what is the trick to doing it right. But the girl welcomed me to go by anytime to see her. She’s very good and really nice, I just didn’t have time ’cause it’s far away from my house.

What’s not too clear is the financing. It’s confusing. Everything's in an invoice and they were through credit card but they never sent me a receipt, so I don’t think that’s quite right. But I’m pretty satisfied. The price is fair and although I find some other company's cost a little bit less, I don’t know how good the service is. It’s working out pretty good, just a lot of little things I have to get used to it.

My wife has been talking to me for some time about thinking I needed hearing aids. So I got reading about Hear.com. A gal called and visited me and so I decided to go ahead and pursue that further. They took me to someone in Casper. The doctor down there in Brant Audiology was great. We've got a very good rapport. We talked about several different models and they felt that the behind the ear would be the best model for me. Since using the devices, I feel like I do better in larger crowds and in mix company with being able to hear. Their team members have a purpose to not just try to convince me that I need to have hearing aids if the audiologist says so. They also do a good job of selling them. They also worked with me as far as the price. They listened to the questions I had and answered them with the best ability that they could and I felt very comfortable with that. It was a good experience. I have recommended them to some people already.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I could hear better since I got my hearing aids from Hear.com. The rep calls me on occasion and when I have an issue, I call my doctor who they set me up with. I'd recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

I was interested in something that would help mask the tinnitus that I have. The hearing aids were adrift on Hear.com webpage so I called and was interested in purchasing. I talked to the rep and he told me about the type that could help me and helped me make an appointment. He contacted me a couple of times so it was very easy. Then the doctor was personable and she knew what she was talking about. She was very accommodating as far as trying to help me get the hearing aids to sound right 'cause I had problems with them echoing. It sounded like I was talking in a well. I went back three times and she kept adjusting it and was very understanding about it. The hearing aids make it easier for me at work at a skating rink where there's lots of background noise and it's hard to understand kids.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Hear.com's ad when I finally saw it. My over-the-ear hearing aids helped to hear in groups and in watching tv as well. I like the volume control and there's a rotator thing that I hit. My interactions with their customer service reps have been satisfactory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m happy to have hearing aids from Hear.com. They work pretty well. But sometimes they get confused, like too loud. However, my experience with their consultant has been great and she is always professional and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the over-the-ear model from Hear.com because it was convenient. Their customer service rep was very knowledgeable and professional. I was impressed with her. The experience could be a bit more thorough, but I'm satisfied so far. I would recommend Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Hear.com has been fine. As soon as I signed, they contacted me. Their consultant was also very helpful. They did a great job and I've told other people about them. I have their Behind-The-Ear model which is the one I had worn before. I like that it's very small and very discreet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very dissatisfied with my hearing aid from Hear.com. It's a lemon. I wanted to return it but the woman there doesn't want to take it. So, every week she has another fix, but it's not working.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my first appointment in Manteca and had my hearing tested. The guy at Hear showed me the difference in my hearing level. On the bass part of my hearing, it was just plain, but in the higher octave, it was pretty poor. I was told that I won't be able to hear perfectly but I'll be able to hear better. He showed me the graph and where I was and what the hearing aids would do for me. It was like down one-third and by putting the hearing aids in, it would increase to two-thirds.

The hearing aids that I got are the ones you insert in the ears and they're really tiny. They're only about a half inch long and once I put them in, they become little clips that hold up to the inside and hook over the top of the ear. You can hardly see it and a lot of people think that it’s a part of my glasses. Hear have some that are a little bigger but cost about three times more.

The people there were very good, helpful, courteous, prompt, and answered any questions I had. I didn’t feel like I was pressured to buy anything. I can try the hearing aids for a few days and if I'm not happy, I can bring them back since I got a warranty. But after wearing them for a while and comparing where I had been with them, I'm doing much happier and better with the hearing aids so I put them in all the time now. It made a great difference even though I can't hear everything perfectly. I've told my wife a number of times that I'm so thankful that I was able to find these to fix my ears. I could hear much better like during preaching at church and watching TV.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Hear.com on the internet and gave them a call. I had a fair experience with their consultants. The customer service rep was a nice guy and he did well. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aids and I can hear better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a different hearing aid before and it went on the outside of my ear. It kept falling off and I finally lost one, so I quit wearing them. And then a year later, I tried Hear.com and I'm satisfied with what I got. I went with the style that goes inside my ear. They have affected me greatly in a positive way. The sales rep who helped me was great. Anytime I'll need anything, all I got to do is call her. I would definitely recommend them.

I got the Signia 7.5 from Hear.com. It is one of the more recent models and I thought that it may provide me all the technology I needed. David, the guy who tested my hearing, was wonderful. He was very helpful and created a model for my ear. He showed me the improvement I will have, and I was very happy after that. I was concerned about hearing any noise or anything like that and he said that there won't be any. After that, I picked the phone, called Hear.com and placed my order. Their customer consultant was very helpful, knowledgeable, explained and responded to my questions.

There was a lot of loss of hearing in my right ear and the hearing aid has helped me a lot. When I started using it, it was hard for me in the beginning. I hear all the noises and I was not used to it. It was uncomfortable for a few days. I went back to David and asked him to adjust it and he did. For the moment, I don't have any problems. I can hear everything close and far, and I don't miss anything. I am happy with it. I talked to different people, whoever I know have hearing problems. They can't believe I have this kind of hearing aid in my ear because they can't see it and I tell them that they're missing a whole lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had googled on hearing aids online and Hear.com came up. Everything was excellent and everything worked out great. Anastasia helped me greatly so everything went well. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have behind-the-ear hearing aids from Hear.com. I like them because they work well, and they're better than the other ones I've had. I've been having problems with my right hearing aid, though. It keeps turning off, and I couldn't start it. I just have to take it over to their store then they get it running again. It shut off about five times. In fact, I gave it to them last week and they will check it out. The rep said it should be back this week. He also answered all of my questions. Once they resolve the issue with the piece, I won't have problems at all. I'm satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The customer service rep from Hear.com was very nice. I have Hear's Oticon Opn hearing aids. It was recommended and they had a pair that I tried out. I have the app on my phone that syncs with it, and it's perfectly easy to navigate.

I called Hear.com and they got in touch with a place local to do a hearing test. I went to the hearing test and they recommended I get a hearing aid, which I did. The guy who runs the place where they sent me for the hearing test was very nice, but it's not a very professional-looking place. I have another same unit in my other ear, which I got through my ENT doctor, and he has an audiologist on staff and that was more professionally handled. Another thing is, I had to have my hearing aids from Hear.com refitted because it's not fitting properly. The guy said that I should have it back by Tuesday. So I'll find out next week if it fits properly or not.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've enjoyed having the hearing devices from Hear.com and I definitely hear better with them. It's refreshing to not have to wonder what people are saying. In addition, my Hear.com consultant was very efficient at referring me to a local hearing center, and that was relatively simple and straightforward. Hear.com was excellent and the whole transaction went very smoothly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was at a funeral, people were talking to me in groups but when they start talking low and even one whispered to me, I kept turning my good ear so I can hear. I said "this is not right" then I saw that Hear.com had a 90-day trial and that if I didn't like it I could send it back. So I gave it a shot. I knew it was gonna cost me a ton of money so I looked for promotions from the bank and got CIBC to pay 80% of my insurance policy. So I went back to Hear, set up the thing and they were running a promotion where if I buy one hearing aid, I get the other one half-price. But then something else went wrong. They gave me nice breaks and I wound up paying less than $1000 for the two pairs, then insurance kicked in, then they gave me the promotion and two years to pay it off. That's where I'm at with them.

But now, everything, like music, sounds great on it. I'm happy with the hearing aids which is the behind the ear model. I love my hearing aids but easyTek, the app, is not user-friendly. If I press this button, what does it do, then this part of the app pops up in demo mode, then I have to shut demo mode if I wanna connect it as it says I have to leave demo mode and go in, so I have to say yes. I had an incident the other day which was my fault. I wasn't cleaning the little round part of the hearing aid well and it was blocking the sound coming out. So I went down to Hear USA who gave me a toothbrush and told me to use it which makes a lot of sense. It works better than a cloth. Its bristles might be a little softer than a regular toothbrush and it cleans better because it can get in the pool of the grooves with it. Originally, what came with the hearing aid pack was a micropore but that didn't clean well.

I had a very good experience with the Hear.com customer consultants and they were very helpful. I had a lot of questions and they answered everything. They took their time with me and I didn't feel hurried. They even gave me a good discount on hearing aids and helped with the financing so everything was great. Using the hearing aid from Hear.com has enabled me to understand what people are saying. Previously, I could hear noise but I couldn't pick up every word. I also had a hard time hearing when I go to church. It was embarrassing to say "Huh?" all the time and so I would quit and act like I knew what I was hearing. Now, I hear very well and I can really tell the difference when I take the hearing aids out. It also feels better to go out with people and not have to say "Huh?" all the time. It's been a good experience. I've already recommended them to my sister because she really needs them and two of us in my family are now wearing aids.

I'm trying to get used to my hearing aids which I got from Hear.com. I'm always afraid my hearing aids don't come out my ear or I'm going to lose them. I also know people are watching me and wondering why I kept touching my ear. Other than that, the hearing aids have been very helpful. I don't have to have it up so loud and I’m now able to hear my Xfinity box. I have tinnitus and when I wear the hearing aids, I don't have as much as that hissing sound in things that I suffer with. It helps me forget that I have that condition when I have my hearing aids. Also, everybody from Hear.com was nice and I want to thank them for being there and giving me a wonderful and excellent experience. I will recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the behind the ear hearing aids with a wire that comes around into the canal. They're from Hear.com and they have been great. The aids were recommended to me because I still have a decent range in the low tones. If I wore an all in-the-ear, it would block out those low tones and I would be completely dependent on them.

It's been over 45 days since I started my trial and it's been interesting. I've been without aids for three weeks and they haven't been coordinated since December the 6th. The consultant has been good, though, but the response has been slow from Hear.com. Every time I send my aids in for a repair or a new dome, it takes at least three weeks. My old set of aids won't sync and I can't get one aid to coordinate with the other. Now Hear.com is sending me a new set of aids and they want me to send them the other set of aids, but then that leaves me without any. I told them that if was going to take three weeks, I wasn't going to do it. We convinced them that I'll send my old set back once I get my new set.

The funny part that I've discovered was I was supposed to have a 45-day free trial but I was charged for the aids right away. When I got my bill on my credit card, the $3600 and whatever was already charged there. I love the hearing aids and I love being able to hear. I've worn them from the first day, all day, every day. However, I wasn't really excited about paying for them when I was supposed to get a free trial.

I called Hear.com and they called me back then referred me someplace locally. My experience with the Hear.com customer consultant was good and my interactions with the local company have been going very well. It's been fabulous over there and everything was explained well to me. I'm having difficulties and still don't have a hearing aid I like that's working for me. But their rep is doing a great job, so it's not her fault. I'd recommend Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Garden State Hearing first, but their hearing aids were expensive and I couldn't afford it, so I brought them back. People started sending stuff after I went online and Hear.com came around. I was checking them out, and I went there and they were a little bit better than the other company. Their customer consultants were good. They let me know everything that was going on, kept me updated, and called once in a while. I got the hearing aid style that was the second or third from the best one. It has a Bluetooth that I can hear through my phone.

I haven't been able to hear certain sounds since I was four years old and when I got the hearing aid, it was way different because I could hear all kinds of sounds things that I hadn't heard before and and people talking. I didn't realize there would be a big difference in my hearing, but it's been great for me. The hearing aid was expensive, but other than the price, everything's been working out. I even forget that I have them in half the time since I'm so used to them. Overall, it has been very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hear.com was closest to where I live, so I went in and talked to them about it, and their reps were very helpful. I got hearing aids that fit on the outside of the ear. I get them set and usually, I don't have to change it. I've taken the hearing aids back a couple of times to have them cleaned, and it's been very good. I am very satisfied. My hearing's all probably getting a little bit worse but the hearing aids seem to be working fine. I hope Hear.com could figure out a way to lower the price, though.

I was doing something on the internet and one of Hear.com's ads popped up. I put my email address on there and I got a call within 20 minutes. They called me back and made an appointment to go see a local outfit for a hearing test. The folks that helped me with the hearing aid were very attentive and very thorough. They're local folks here in Atlanta. I have a condition called Meniere’s disease, which is pretty awful, and my hearing has gotten progressively worse in one ear. I can barely hear anything and constantly ask to have something said repeated. That's why I was interested in the hearing aids. Somebody did a hearing test on me because I've been going through this for the last four years.

For the last hearing aids I bought through Hear.com, I asked for an extension of the trial period, which they gave me, and I finally opted to purchase them. However, they're not helping me a whole lot. I was at a social gathering this past Saturday night and I had to take the hearing aids out because I couldn’t understand what anybody was saying. I've got an appointment in the next month to go back for another tuning and tweaking. I went up to see the local folks here five times to tweak it so I could hear, but my condition is not a straight line hearing loss. I've got tinnitus and loss of hearing in one ear. The other ear is pretty good, though, so we're trying to balance that. I've got two hearing aids and I'm trying to use the hearing aid in the bad ear and leaving the other ear open. Overall, I'd recommend Hear.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Hear.com on Facebook then I made a call to find out more about them. A lady called me back and we talked about it and set up an appointment with a local doctor. I like the doctor, he's very good. He didn't suggest the In-the-Ear type for me and told me that the other one would work better. I went with his preference and ordered the hearing aids through him then Hear.com sent them to him.

I've had hearing aids for probably 15 years but I never wore them because I didn't like them. I have a couple of businesses so I'm constantly on the phone and talking on the phone with hearing aids is not a lot of fun. But now I really like the hearing aids from Hear.com and wear them every day because they got the Bluetooth and they play right into my ear from my iPhone or from the telephone, which really worked well. So overall, it was a good experience. Nobody wants to wear hearing aids but it worked and I'm happy with the aids, the process, and the whole deal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Hear.com's number and the rep I spoke to was very nice. He told me about the deal they were having and who to go see. I'm satisfied with the quality of the hearing aids. It has improved my hearing and that was the goal.

Hear.com Company Profile