2. Elder Care

Hear.com

Hear.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.51/5

Need a good hearing aid?

At hear.com, we are ready to provide you with all the information you will need regarding hearing aids. We are passionate about helping our customer enjoy the sounds of everyday life. When you contact hear.com, you can rest assured you'll be getting 100% unbiased information at not charge or hidden service fees. Our team is consists of hearing experts that are ready to provide all the information you might need regarding every top hearing aid brand. Contact us today to learn more about our services & what we can do for you.

Hear.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I expressed an interest in hearing aids to two different companies online after I could no longer hear a large amount of what my wife and other people with higher frequency voices said and I couldn't hear at all in crowded rooms. The two companies had what appeared to be similar products but Hear.com was substantially lower priced. Hear.com explained what type of products are available on the market and who the three main manufacturers of hearing aids are. They asked me detailed questions as to the nature of my hearing difficulties and asked what my objectives were in improving my hearing. They send me for a full hearing evaluation by an audiologist and after they reviewed the results with me they then suggested models they thought were the most appropriate for me.

They then referred me to Hearing Rehabilitation, a local company that sells and services many brands of hearing aids. They, and many other companies, give special discounted prices for most or all of those brands. Hear.com kept in close contact with me calling me after each stage of the process and making sure everything was going well and that I was happy with everyone involved. They were great! I decided on a Widex (manufacturer) EF23TT model that includes bluetooth. My telephone and music system now play in my ears and I can hear all phone calls very clearly, one of my bigger complaints before getting the hearing aids.

My friends and family love the fact that I am no longer asking them to repeat everything and I participate in activities more often since I can hear everyone. My hearing is not perfect but it has improved so much that I'm enjoying meeting with friends and going out to dinner and for drinks and other social events. My tinnitus is almost nonexistent while wearing my hearing aids and they are so comfortable I forget that I'm wearing them. I should have started wearing hearing aids several years ago but I love having them now. Thank you Hear.com and Hearing Rehabilitation for helping me so much! My hearing aids have rechargeable batteries that hold a charge for about 16 hours, I would highly suggest them and my hearing aids are so small that it's very hard for people to tell I'm wearing them. They're great.

Sincerely,

Loren

Hear.com response

Hi Loren, thank you for taking the time to share your story. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with hear.com. There's nothing better than being able to enjoy all the sounds life has to offer. It's also great to hear that your tinnitus has been improved by wearing hearing aids, many people suffer from ringing in their ears and don't know that hearing aids will help. We hope you continue to enjoy your new hearing aids. Happy hearing! -hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have been deprived of ability to hear everything for so many years and reached a point where I need to have something to enhance my hearing capability or life would be so much difficult for a senior citizen like me. I just wish that hearing aids are more affordable so that other senior citizens who solely rely on Social Security can enjoy a better life.

Hear.com response

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share. We are happy the hearing aids were able to enhance your hearing capabilities. We acknowledge that hearing aids are an investment. We try our best to provide affordable solutions. We also work with insurance companies and financing to make it even more affordable. We wish you a happy holiday season! - hear.com team

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Everyone will lose their hearing, it’s inevitable! I have noticed that I’m not hearing everything I used to so I went for a Hearing Test for Hear.com. They set me up w/ a great specialist who enlightened me to the world of Hearing Aids, as well as the customers waiting to see him, too. After taking the test, he said I’m Not quite ready for hearing aids, but to keep my eyes open about the advancement in the industry. So much has happened recently to improve hearing aids that you almost don’t notice anyone wearing them. My time will come, as will yours. Thanks again Hear.com for opening my eyes to better hearing.

Hear.com response

Hi Keith! Thank you for sharing your experience with our company. So happy we were able to open your eyes to a world of better hearing. Soon it might be your ears! If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy hearing - hear.com team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I already had hearing aids but they were 7 years old and I couldn’t hear with them anymore. I first looked online for the ones you just order for about $300. Talk to someone that had a pair and he said that they just magnified the sound. So I tried Hear.com. Had the hearing test and they recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven’t heard things this clear in 25 years. You have so many different adjustments you can with your phone that cover so many different environments that you may be in. These adjustments are amusing. I would recommend these aids for anybody that is tired of not hearing when in a restaurant, watching tv, sporting events and many more. You get a 45 day free trial to make up your mind. They are worth the money and they will help you with the financing.

Hear.com response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to share your story. It truly is amazing what a pair of medical-grade hearing aids can do for one's life. The technology also has gotten much better, explains the clarity! Great to hear about your positive experience with our company and the devices. Happy hearing! - hear.com team

Original review: July 2, 2019

In the beginning I was not really convinced using an online service in order to get new hearing aids. Nevertheless, I filled out the online questionnaire and just 20 minutes later I received a call from a Hear.com consultant. The person was really kind and answered all my questions in a detailed way. So Hear.com eliminated the obligation to spend hours looking for a hearing aid. The consultants are trained to find the best hearing aids for you. Hear.com took care of me from start to finish. They answered all my questions and scheduled my appointment with an audiologist close to me. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the whole process and finally can hear everything again.

Hear.com response

Hi Jake! So happy to hear you had a great experience. At hear.com we pride ourselves in helping our customers from the initial phone consultation to the moment they finish their 45-day trial. Glad we were able to help. Happy Hearing! - hear.com team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hear.com?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I have needed to use hearing aids for 12 years now. I have used both local audiologists as well as online services. In an industry plagued with slimy con artists, these are absolutely the worst, both Margaret **'s office and the parent company Hear.com. I responded to an ad for free hearing test and trial of hearing aids (which is free only if you end up buying the product).

I was interested in the Bluetooth feature. When using the trial aids, I noticed that the Bluetooth feature kept cutting out. The hearing component was comparable to the $1500 pair that I had purchased online (this pair cost thousands). After some trial and error and many trips back to the audiologist, it was discovered that the software was corrupted. If I purchased a pair, the problem would be corrected. I did and it wasn't. They blamed the iPhone, but apple did an in depth troubleshooting of my phone and concluded definitively that the phone was not to blame. I tried another pair and same problem. I could get the Bluetooth working, only to have it quit an hour or so later.

Another issue was rechargeable battery life. I was told that it was 18 hours. Rarely would I get even 12 hours. I was told, Haha, some of our users only get 4 hours of battery life. I asked to return the aids for a refund. I was told that as long as they could get them working in the office, I could not return them even if they would quit an hour later. About the battery life, just carry the charger with you everywhere you go and when they die, just put them in the charger for 45 minutes. I finally told them that I no longer wished to keep them and was sent a copy of the contract with, Haha, your return period has expired. Dozens of phone calls to the corporate office and I have yet to get a return call. On hold to customer support for over an hour before being cut off. I feel as though I have be lied to and cheated. Do not use this company unless you want the same.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased hearing aids because I was missing out on a lot of things in conversation. I called on the phone and they told me where I could purchase the hearing aids which I did and I went in for a hearing test and then had everything explained to me and bought the hearing aids. I like that they are Bluetooth enabled so I can listen to music or answer the phone with them on.

Hear.com response

Hi Jerry. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your hearing aids. Happy hearing and happy holidays! - hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Hear.com sent me to an audiologist for exam. I was shocked first by my loss and shocked even more (but pleasantly) by my new hearing aids. Amazing transformation! I didn't know we had so many birds or that my hardwood floors creaked so much! Thank you!!!

Hear.com response

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear you were pleasantly shocked! It's incredible how we don't notice what we're missing out on. Now it's time to enjoy the holidays! Happy hearing - hear.com team

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Consultant contacted me several time before and AFTER I got my hearing aids. He made sure I was completely satisfied. Process was easy and service was really satisfying. There was clearly genuine concern that I was 100% satisfied.

Hear.com response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We definitely want to make sure you're happy with the devices which is why we check-in after. Happy to hear you are satisfied with us. Happy hearing! - hear.com team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

My Credit score dropped below Good Credit. Hear.com Rep. Alex Hear.com took a loan from Synchrony bank in my name. I have many delinquent notices on my credit from Synchrony Bank based on Hear.com. I never made it to my last appointment with Hearusa to see various hearing aids and what type was good for me. Hear.Com the Financial branch of HearUSA (I was told this by HearUSA) moved forward and apparently borrowed money from Synchrony Bank without me knowing. I wasn't going to purchase hearing aids from HearUSA, but somehow Hear.com took it upon themselves to know what type of hearing aid I needed and the cost To me. This just shows how desperate Hearcom's salesmen (Alex) is just to make a sale. Where did that loan money from Synchrony Bank go? I never received it? Nor did I ever buy hearing aids through Hear.com and their outlet store Hearusa.

Synchrony Bank is looking into it. The bank said it may not be Fraud. As far I feel it is obvious Fraud. If my credit is not back to the way it was above good credit I am going to sue the Bank, Hear.com and Hearusa. I am 82 yrs of age and no one is going to take advantage of me. I have dealt with dishonest people in my life time. If my credit isn't repaired I will go ahead with legal action. James ** Mount Laurel and the Cherry Hill NJ qarea.

Hear.com response

Hi, James. We apologize for the experience that you had with us and our representative. We would like to inform you that we are working on a solution. A return was initiated on October 25th with Synchrony Bank. We will message you privately with a confirmation of this refund for your own records. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We will work on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

Not sure about Hear.com?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right hearing aid for you.

hear.com expert review by Shelley Webb

hear.com is an online company that partners with hearing aid providers and audiologists around the world. It sells hearing aids from all major manufacturers at every price point to help individuals address their hearing loss. It was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Miami, Florida.

• Selection: hear.com sells devices from all major hearing aid manufacturers, including Widex, Phonak, Rexton, Starkey and Siemens. The company stocks a wide variety of models at varying price points so customers can find a device that fits their budget.

• Risk-free trials: Consumers have 45 days to try their new hearing aids. If they are unsatisfied, they can return them. hear.com offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee.

• Warranty and service: Consumers who purchase a device through hear.com get a warranty that covers it for up to three years to protect their investment. Depending on the model they choose, they also get up to five free appointments to adjust their hearing aids with a specialist.

• Local partners: To offer the best prices to all consumers regardless of location, hear.com partners with local providers and audiologists. The company handles scheduling the appointment after consumers talk to a hear.com representative. The partner provider will show consumers their options and provide necessary service.

• Social media: Interested consumers can follow hear.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram. The company posts pictures of hearing aid options, information about new technologies and stories about people dealing with hearing loss.

• Best for: those looking for lots of options when selecting a hearing aid, including aging listeners, children with hearing loss and those with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Hear.com Company Information