4.5/5 (107 ratings)

About Hear.com

Hear.com sells high-quality hearing care and medical-grade hearing aids from eight manufacturers. The company has worked with more than 200,000 customers to help improve their hearing and quality of life. Hear.com offers financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial so customers can experience how medical-grade hearing aids can make a difference in their lives.

Pros

• 100% money-back guarantee
  • 45-day trial
  • Financing options

Cons

• Provider network not available in Alaska or North Dakota

Bottom Line

Hear.com’s expert audiologists will find the right hearing aid solution for your needs. The company has financing options and a 45-day no-risk trial, and it’s dedicated to providing high-quality care at an affordable price.

Hear.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I had hearing aids from Costco and they weren’t very good. Hear was much better. I have the back-of-the-ear model with Bluetooth. I can hear pretty damn good and I love the Bluetooth. Everybody was absolutely great, except the doctor who I interfaced with didn't have a very good bedside manner. She seemed to be technically proficient but was brusk. In the end, we got through things. Another issue is I had a problem calling back Hear.com. I was also absolutely flabbergasted when I got $2,500 from Blue Cross Blue Shield to cover part of the cost. They were expensive but I'm pleased with the purchase now that I have the hearing aids. All in all, I’d recommend Hear.com.

Hear.com response

Murray, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience with your hearing aids and that you are taking advantage of the Bluetooth feature. I am sorry to learn about your local provider, and I will have my team look into this. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success team

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Awful experience. I returned my hearing aid a month ago, and all of a sudden I had $385 taken out by Allegro from my account. Hear.Com told me provider didn’t alert them that I returned it. Yesterday I got a call from Hear representative saying, "Yes it’s all fixed." I call Allegro today - "No we did not get a call from Hear.com." Call Hear.com again - "Well we have to process, it takes couple days…blah…blah." The fact of the matter is- I returned everything in time - you did not do your job and took my hard-earned money from my account and now I don’t know when I'll get it back. Just awful and stressful experience. I won’t deal with this company even if I go totally deaf.

Hear.com response
Ira, thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. I am very sorry to learn about your negative experience. Unfortunately, your provider did not upload your return form until 9/7/22 so we were unable to process your refund until today, 9/9. Allegro takes about 4-6 weeks to refund you and it will be coming as a check in the mail.

Please know that I have escalated this to our Partner Management team in order to investigate the delay with your provider. Our team will ensure this does not happen again. We sincerely appreciate your consideration of our company for your hearing care needs. Should you wish to return to our services in the future, our doors are always open to you! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

The young man from Hear.com up in South Carolina was very nice, did everything I needed to do, worked with my insurance, and hooked me up with a dealer here. The hearing aids are fine. Bluetooth is the most fantastic part of it. Everything works as it ought to.

Hi Larry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience and we love to hear that you are taking advantage of the Bluetooth feature with your new hearing aids. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing!

-Sami, Customer Success team

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I liked Hear's convenience and price. The guy I was going to at Miracle-Ear told me it will be $7,500 for a new pair. Hear told me it's 3,800. The girl who called me, Rachel, was awesome. I got modern hearing aids and they're doing good. They've improved my hearing. Rachel took the time to explain to me that in order to help my brain function, I need to wear my hearing aids every day. She said, "If you wear your hearing aids every day, then your hearing tends to stay at the level where it is. But if you don't, your brain sort of deteriorates with your hearing." I didn't know that. It makes a difference. I've had hearing aids for 10 years, but I've never really worn them consistently. She explained to me that the more you wear them, the more your brain associates the sound and you hear better. I would have been wearing them every day had I known.

Hear.com response

Angel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience with your consultant and your new hearing aids. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I am having some problems with my Hear.com hearing aids. I'm trying to adjust the volume on it but I don't know which button's up and which button's down. If the volume is too loud, it hurts the ear. But if it's not loud enough, I can't hear. Sometimes, I get a whistle in the right ear. Other than that, they're fine.

Hear.com response

Hi Leah! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some trouble with your hearing aids. I just called and left you a voicemail at the number we have on file so I can better assist you. It sounds like you may need an appointment with your provider to adjust your hearing aid settings. Please do not hesitate to reach back out to us so we can schedule this appointment. We look forward to hearing from you. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I had another hearing aids in the dim dark past. I have carpal tunnel syndrome which drove me crazy and I just gave up using the hearing aids at all because I was frustrated. And I was embarrassed at having to go back to the audiologist all the time to have him take the hearing aids that I have jammed in my ears out. But with the hearing aids from Hear.com, I didn't have to be changing batteries all the time. Their reps were always good and I appreciated the fact that a lot of the process was done on the computer because I could read at that point better than I could hear. So far, I like my hearing aids very much and life is, in general, easier because I can hear. Sometimes, they're so light and so unobtrusive, I almost forget I have them in.

Hear.com response

Victoria, thank you for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your new devices and that they have made your life feel easier. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything, as we are always here to help. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I like the fact if I'm in a setting where I have a lot of people, I can adjust my hearing aid and change the direction to pick up to the person I'm talking with. However, there are a couple of things I don't like about the hearing aids. The Bluetooth that comes through the phone goes in and out. I have my phone in my pocket but the left hearing aid would go out and the right one would stay okay. Also, it sounds like sometimes that there's not enough clarity on the hearing aids. It goes on the natural setting of 9. I'm having to bring it up to 11, but it's not. Sometimes the pronunciation is out there. Additionally, getting ahold of the representatives at Hear.com is not easy. I text someone but may not hear from them for a couple of days.

Hear.com response
Anthony, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features. However, I am sorry to learn you are experiencing some difficulty with your Bluetooth and clarity.
When it comes to clarity issues, this could be due to the hearing aids being "dirty". Any build-up of wax can cause the sound to not come through clearly. We recommend cleaning your domes and changing your wax guards to keep up with proper hearing aid maintenance. With the Bluetooth problem, it would be best to disconnect your devices and then repair them so they are in sync with each other.

I have called and left a voicemail to the number we have on file so I can better assist you. Please do not hesitate to reach back out to us so we can resolve these issues. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I had a hearing aid already and I wasn't satisfied with it. Since having the one from Hear.com, it's been like night and day. All the words are crispier and clearer. I hear when I listen to music. I'm a big music fan. I hear instruments that I haven't heard in years. It's a better experience listening to music. I still need to be near the sound like if my husband's trying to talk to me from the second story, but overall, it's been a joy. Mine has Bluetooth. I do long walks every day. I can just hear my music through my hearing aid. Then when the phone rings, I can talk through my hearing aids. I love the Bluetooth.

As far as Hear's customer support, it's very easy to get ahold of someone. Even if they take a message, they call me right back the next day. I've had the same therapist work with me the whole time. So, I feel like they tested me thoroughly and set the hearing aids up to really work well. It took a couple of adjustments, but they were not significant.

Hear.com response

Hi Melinda! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are absolutely thrilled to learn that you love your new hearing aids and are taking advantage of the Bluetooth capabilities to listen to your music. Success stories such as yours are what keep us motivated to help others hear well to live well. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I got the behind the ear plus in the ear hearing aids and Hear.com's rep was wonderful.

Hear.com response

Rosemarie, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that you had a positive experience with your new devices and our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I liked how Hear.com made things easy and that I didn't really have to do anything to get my hearing aids. They sent me all the stuff. Since I started using them, I'm not yelling a lot. Apparently, I used to do that because now, my wife says I'm a lot more quiet, and I could hear myself a lot better. When I have a concern, I'd communicate with Hear.com on on the app and I could send my questions in to them. They'd respond to me within the hour, so everything seems pretty responsive. Also, Casey, one of their reps, would check back from time to time and make sure everything's going good. She'd ask me if I need anything and she's very helpful. She's like the waitress you want at a restaurant.

Hear.com response

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, so we are glad that you felt that from us. I will make sure to pass along the kind words to your consultant, Kasey. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Hear.com was the first company that I found that would work with me as far as the financing on the hearing aids. It's a good company. All the people that I've worked with were right on as far as wanting to help and getting everything set right. The only thing I've had problems with is when I first open the app up to go to adjust my hearing up or down or the tone for the bass and the treble, it will freeze on my phone.

Hear.com response
Harold, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience with our services and your new devices.

Please know I have just called and left a voicemail to help troubleshoot the app issue you are facing. If you are still experiencing this issue, please call the Customer Support number I provided in the voicemail. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

The hearing aids are awesome, but the service sucks. Every time that I had an appointment with somebody and I said I need some adjustment on the thing, he would make an adjustment and say, “Okay. Good? Okay. I'll see you next time.” After he hangs up, it would turn out I have a hiss in my ears that I didn't hear when he was online. And I couldn't get ahold of the guy for another two weeks. That is not working for me. So, I'm gonna send the hearing aids back. Hear.com saturates the audiologist with appointments. So, if you don't get something resolved in the 15 minutes that you have for that appointment, you're screwed until the next appointment.

Hear.com response

Samantha, thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We are very sorry to learn about your negative experience and to hear that you are returning your devices. Our team is arranging for UPS to pick up the devices and equipment from your house. UPS will also be able to generate a new return label for you. You will receive a text message with details regarding this. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything else we can do for you. All the best! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I'm liking the hearing aids very much. It's doing very well for me. I have no problem wearing them. I change the settings around depending on what's going on.

Hear.com response

Wayne, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that you are happy with your new hearing aids and are taking advantage of the device's features via the app. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 25, 2022

Hear.com's customer service level has been outstanding, and the hearing person they sent to me to fine tune the hearing aids did an exceptional job. So I'm very happy with that. The quality of my hearing aids is good, and my hearing is certainly better. The comfort level is good as well, if I can keep them in. I seem to have an issue between the two ears about size of the hearing aids, and I've gone to a smaller cap on the left ear and that seems to work better.

Hear.com response

Jerry, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the services of hear.com and the local provider we recommended for you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 24, 2022

The cost of the hearing aids from Hear.com was a little higher than I thought it would be, but you pay for what you get. They have better quality. I like the way they work and I'm hearing a lot better.

Hear.com response

Ivan, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that you love your new quality hearing aids and that these new devices have improved your hearing. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 23, 2022

My hearing devices from Hear.com are so much better than the ones I used to have. I can't even tell they're in. People get irritated when you keep asking them to repeat something. I do not do that anymore. The app works well when you've got somebody in front of you, and you can change the surroundings. It's really convenient.

Hear.com response

Melinda, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing and it makes us happy to know that you are taking advantage of the app features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 22, 2022

My hearing aids from Hear.com sometimes hear and sometimes they don't. It's possible to get tiny things in your ear that can cause that hearing to go off and on. I've tried working it with the buttons and it doesn't seem to make a difference as far as turning it up or down. Hear's customer service has been really good. I tried to call Lisa the other day and I was put on hold and it didn't go through because I had got another call in and I also got some visitors at the same time. I intended to call her again today and tell her what was going on.

Hear.com response

Roberta, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services. I am sorry to learn that you are having difficulty with your devices, please reach out to us at your earliest convenience, so we can schedule you an appointment with your provider. We look forward to hearing from you. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 21, 2022

I really liked the Hear.com reviews that I read online. They also had a Better Business Bureau rating and I liked that. Also, they don't just give you a hearing aid. They're very good about following up. They're excellent. Their service people always say, "If you have a problem, please call." The audiologist, Emily, was really great. She was always available for consultation and any questions and adjustments. As far as my hearing aid, there's a piece that goes in the ear and then there's a thing that goes behind the ear.

Hear.com response

Abby, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience through our Teleaudiology program and it makes us happy to hear that you love your new devices. As we always say, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 20, 2022

My new hearing aids from Hear.com still have a lot of static in them. When people talk to me, they sound like they're in a tunnel, and they don't hold the charge very long. I'm having a lot of trouble with it. I'm a welder by trade and being around the welding machine, things go nuts. The aids constantly beep. But overall, the company is pretty good at what they are doing. They have done everything that they said they would do, and I appreciate that.

Hear.com response

Robert, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We appreciate the positive feedback about our services, however, we are very sorry to learn about the difficulties you are experiencing with your new devices. I would encourage you to schedule an appointment with your provider as there might be a malfunction. If you need assistance in scheduling this appointment, just let us know. I will reach out to you directly as well. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 19, 2022

I could hear good but I was always having to adjust my hearing aids. But it's a lot simpler with the device from Hear.com because I don't have to keep adjusting it. It makes things a lot better. I can hear everything.

Hear.com response

Allen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that you are taking advantage of our Horizon hearing aid features and that the device has improved your hearing. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 11, 2022

Hear.com gave me a test, said I needed a hearing aid, and we ordered it. I hear better. Before I could, I'd have to turn up the volume of the TV or my wife would have to look at me and talk to me. Now, she doesn't do that.

Hear.com response

Joseph, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 10, 2022

I like being able to hear better with my hearing aids from Hear.com. I have an app on my cellphone, which regulates bass, treble and volume. It's just a little awkward. If I'm watching TV and the sound is too tinny, then I have to get up and adjust it. Hannah, the young lady I work with in Park Ridge, Illinois, has been very helpful. I was very pleased with my first contact also. His name is Cameron.

Hear.com response

Lawrence, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn that you love your new hearing aids and that you are taking advantage of the app features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 9, 2022

My hearing aids from Hear.com were working in the beginning. They worked well. I've had some different issues with them along the way, like filters, and then I had to change the length of the wires. But I'm not happy right now with them. They're not working for me. I'm sitting here, messing with them and trying to get them to work. I haven't had any trouble with their team whenever I've talked to them. They've been really helpful in taking care of things. I just hadn't heard from them in a while. It's frustrating because now the hearing aids quit working. They kept in touch with me pretty well. But once you get them paid for, they say, "Forget that. We're done with that one."

Hear.com response

Melvin, thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with your hearing aids. I have called and left you a couple of voicemails on both phone numbers provided to us. Whenever you get a chance, please call our customer support team so we can learn more about what is wrong with your devices and troubleshoot the problem. We look forward to hearing from you! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 7, 2022

Hear.com gave me a thorough examination. It's got a Bluetooth. It's easy to answer the phone and it's got volume control as well. Everybody's been great. They're very courteous and eager to show me the way. They showed me how to clean them. I just need to go back over there to make sure nothing stopped up.

Hear.com response

Vernon, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services and we are thrilled to learn that you are taking advantage of the hearing aid features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 6, 2022

The rep from Hear.com was super nice and wasn’t pushy at all. She was thorough once I decided to go forward with the hearing aids. She set all the appointments and did the whole thing. I’m just getting used to the hearing aids. I’ve had them for three months and I got so much Bluetooth stuff going over that. I’m computer literate so I’m learning that slowly. I love it. I’ve got a candy shop so, we have to have hearing. And I have Bose headphones all the time and it switches back and forth. It works. I just got to figure out which button to push when somebody calls. The hearing aids are super good quality and there are a lot more channels than the Miracle-Ear. Also, it was about $2,000 less. Since using the hearing aids, I don’t say “Huh?” quite as much and my wife seems to like that quite a bit.

Hear.com response

Wayne, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services and we are thrilled to learn that you are taking advantage of the Bluetooth capabilities with your new Horizon hearing aids. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 5, 2022

It was excellent dealing with the reps from Hear.com. I have the hearing aid that goes over your ear and I hear much better. There are features there that I never had before such that it connects right into my ears from my phone. I can adjust it on my phone and I can repair it, and there's everything I like on there.

Hear.com response

Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services and we are thrilled to learn that you are taking advantage of our Horizon hearing aid features. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: July 4, 2022

Hear.com made it so easy by doing everything from your home and handling all your needs, having the local doctor when you do the exam, and taking care of financing and helping with the claim to Medicare. They have very good customer service. We picked the second to the best hearing aids and I've had very good luck with them. It took a little learning curve but I'm there. So, I like them and I have the app. They do the job. You never know online when you ask for something, but they got on it and they were very helpful and the end result is I liked it. It was very good.

Hear.com response

David, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback about our services and we are thrilled to learn that you love your new hearing aids. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: June 23, 2022

My hearing aids fit me right and I can hear pretty well. The cost was a little bit expensive but the quality is good. I love it. Also, if something goes wrong, I always call customer service and they walk me through it or they tell me to come in and let them look at the hearing aids and see what's what.

Hear.com response

Hi, Levy! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience and we are happy to know that you love your new devices. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! -Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: June 22, 2022

I have acute hearing loss, but Hear.com had the solution with their aids that perform as they stated and are "Bluetooth" capable to my phone where I can make adjustments as necessary and hear phone conversations very well.

Hear.com response

Hi William! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to hear that your new hearing aids have improved your hearing and that you are enjoying the Bluetooth capability. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Original review: June 22, 2022

Hear.com has treated me very well. They have a sophisticated system where they send me all the technical stuff necessary to adjust my hearing aids to the optimum. They do that wirelessly over the internet. It's an impressive setup. Hear.com does what they claim they will do. The hearing aids work okay and the interaction with the company and the people involved have been positive.

Hear.com response

Hi Robert! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us an online review. We are thrilled to learn about your positive experience and that you have enjoyed our Teleaudiology program which allows you to be fit and tested from the comfort of your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Happy hearing! - Sami, Customer Success Team

Hear.com Company Information