Unitron

Need a good hearing aid?

Unitron Hearing Aids

Need a good hearing aid?

11 Unitron Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My elderly mom purchased these hearing aids and shortly after realized she could not use them. Bothered her ears, felt way too big, gave her headaches, etc. Because she did not return right away even though she was not using them brand new in box, Doctor will not reverse $2900 dollar charge. She doesn’t even have them and gave them back. We have been disputing charge with my Care Credit account for months. Please assist. I have all the paperwork. I live in different state than my mom. I feel she is not good candidate for aids. I feel she didn’t understand contract nor hear clearly and feel she was taken advantage of. Thank you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

February 2018 purchased Unitron Tempus Moxi 500 rechargeable hearing aids for my 88 year old mother. We chose this particular model because Mums fingers are riddled with arthritis distorting her fingers and ability to deal with changing tiny hearing aid batteries. Within 6 months one battery has to replaced. We are told faulty... 8 months the other battery needs replacing. April 2019 now the batteries are only lasting approximately 6 hours each 24 hours. What! Contact the clinic where I purchased the hearing aids and they advise me Unitron have learnt the batteries will not last what we were initially told and provided me a copy of the letter of apology, from Unitron to the clinic saying the batteries will not last what they said before.

Fact: I paid for hearing aids that are rechargeable and will last around 12 months and the battery would last all day and into the evening and not having to recharge. The clinic said put the aids on the charger during the day.... I don’t understand so my mum cannot hear while we recharge the battery that is not what we paid for. TOTALLY MISLEADING. I would like to know where this purchase fits within Australian Consumer Law and will be contacting appropriate authorities to get advice, and lodging a compliant with the ombudsman. I would not have purchased these hearing aids if I knew the battery had to be recharge during the day. Plus we had to continue returning to the clinic for batteries because they are useless. Not acceptable Unitron and I am disappointed. My 88 year old Mother has had her quality of life reduced because she cannot get a replacement without cost as Unitron has taken money for a product that has not be delivered...

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

An absolute waste of $4,500.00. I purchased the Unitron T Moxi All 800 because I wanted the connection to a smartphone and the conversation in a noisy environment functions. So far no problem with the phone function but the conversation in noisy environments is hopeless. The overall sound quality is absolutely abysmal in everyday situations. I have been back to the the audiologist many many times trying to get the HEARING function of the aids suitable for me. Whilst I can hear people speaking most of the time I cannot hear clearly. Certain noises are PAINFUL. Previously I had a Widex...so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had my hearing aids upgraded in July 2017. The new upgrade was touted to improve hearing by allowing the user options to switch between normal conversation, conversation in ambient noise, and when listening to music. There was no discernible difference. The Bluetooth function supposedly allowing you to take calls delivers poor sound quality at low volume and if the volume level is increased the feedback and distortion is jarring and unpleasant. On resetting my cellular device I lost the link to the Unitron site that allowed minor adjustments and have not been able to communicate with the site since.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I got these hearing aids on 2/22/16 and the right one quit working around 7/1/16. I took it to the Hearing Group and they sent it to the company to fix it. I got it back and it worked for a while then quit again. I took it back again and they sent it in again and the company fixed it again. The the third time the right ear quit working again and I took it in again and they sent it to the company to get fixed and then they both worked for a while. Then on 6/12/17 the left side hearing aid had quit working & again I took it to them and they sent it to the company and it was supposedly fixed. Now on 6/24/17, the left ear is not working again. I do feel that they should just make me a replacement pair!! It is very frustrating to pay $4.565.00 and have to bring these hearing aids in over and over and not have them working correctly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Unitron Hearing Aids?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

First these UDirect 3 aids were supplied by the US Veterans Affairs in 2015. Up until my start of using these aids, I was using aids made by Oticon Alta PRO BTE. Since getting them from the VA in 2014, the have been faultless perfect pitch hearing. I could make and answer calls, listen to music or books with the push of one button. Then we come to the UDirect 3, it does none of these. Well it will answer a call, but not make one and I have plug in a cord to listen to books. On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give it a 1.5 but I could only give it a 2, why well along with the other items listed. Volume control is lacking, I can have them set to a medium setting and for no reason the volume will start BOOMING and stay that way until I set the volume lower. Even at the lower range they will start booming again, the FOB has nothing to do with it. I can turn the fob off and it will still boom.

I have returned them to the VA twice and the audiologist would return them saying they couldn't repeat the problem, but while sitting in front of her they started booming again. I pulled one out and she could hear it across the room. But she told me to take them anyway and see if it got better. Right!!! So does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The VA blew it off saying it was the fob, I left the fob home and was 30 miles away listening to high-pitched radio. I guess that fob has a long range! The model is UNITRON MOXI DURA PRO RIC serial numbers ** warranty until 10/01/2018. One thing the VA did find that the FOB was defective and it was replaced with a new one, didn't help! I'm not a Fake!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I've had the Unitron Moxi Kiss hearing aids for going on 4 years now. Each year they need to be sent in for repair, or replacement. They've not gotten wet, or dropped, or abused, they just go out. Don't bother calling Phonak (they manufacture both Unitron and Phonak), they don't have any support, or customer service. They won't even talk to lowly consumers. They say go back to where you purchased them. Yes that's right, they won't talk to the people who keep them in business, go figure.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

I have been using the very expensive Unitron Maxi Yuu for 5 or more years. They are my first hearing aids and have been trouble-free. One did fail when wet by shower. My audiologist had it replaced under warranty. My audiologist also sent each one back for refurbishment near the end of the warranty period. For the first year, the ear guards needed weekly cleaning. They were replaced with re-designed pair that have lasted 4 years with minimal maintenance. I was given a kit to replace the inner microphone screens. I have used about 7 of these over the five years. I am totally pleased.

My recommendation is to buy the latest, top-of-the-line, open-fit, Behind-the-Ear model. Put these on when you get up and off when going to bed. I've seen too many problems with 'hidden' aids. Come on, you're not fooling anyone... you are old and they can be seen! Like my mom, who at 90 said, "I don't want to use a walker, people will think I am old!"

Original review: April 25, 2015

I have been wearing hearing aids for over 10 years. I used Resound up until a year ago when I purchased Unitron. What a major mistake. The quality of sound is horrible and customer service does not exist. Very few audiologist carry the brand and no one seems to know how to adjust them. I am very disappointed and am anxious to pay off my balance so I can replace them. I tried contacting Unitron but never received a response. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this brand.

Original review: April 23, 2015

I am on my second set of Unitron hearing aids. My current set are Moxi 20's with remote control. Seeing the type of experience my friends a church members are and have had with other aids I feel my aids rank very high in reliability. Looking back over the last 4 years I can count all my problems of any sort on one hand. My hearing loss is not severe and involves both ears. The remote control is outstanding - the best over all I have seen. The ability to store new settings within a basic adjustment range is wonderful as is the sound sharpening feature. Love the music pass thru mode. To me the sound is very clean and natural. Going to upgrade soon to the new "north" platform aids which have a much faster processor and more advanced feature set.

Unitron Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Unitron is a global company that designs and manufacturers hearing aids. Unitron has been in business for more than 50 years and has 20 international offices and 50 international partners. Unitron hearing aids are sold at many hearing clinics and audiology offices throughout the United States and many other countries.

• Product selection: Unitron offers a wide selection of hearing aid options, including the Moxi, Stride and Max behind-the-ear models and many options for discrete in-the-ear and in-the-canal receivers. Each model is available in several designs and configurations to fit your budget, hearing loss pattern and preferences. They are also available in several skin tones and other colors.

• Award winning innovation: Unitron has received the Red Dot award in innovation for 2014, 2015 and 2016. Among its innovative contributions to the hearing aid industry is the new Moxi Now receiver-in-canal model, which features a behind-the-ear body with a tiny in-the-canal receiver. The Moxi Now is the smallest receiver-in-canal hearing aid on the market.

• Convenient locations: Unitron is a major name in the hearing aid industry, and its products are sold through hearing centers around the country. You can use the Unitron’s website to locate an audiologist or hearing specialist near you who offers Unitron products.

• Flex:trial: Unitron’s distributors participate in its Flex:trial program, which allows customers to take home a pair of hearing aids to try without a commitment to purchase.

• Helpful website: Unitron has a helpful web presence, with a well-designed site and helpful online options. You can complete a free hearing assessment, learn about hearing loss and hearing aid options, download user manuals, view informative videos and more.

• Best for: aging listeners, people with hearing loss and children with hearing difficulties.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Unitron Company Information