Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Unitron Hearing Aids

Unitron
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Unitron’s 20 models and multiple technology levels give customers a wide array of options. Unitron hearing aids include receiver-in-canal, behind-the-ear and in-the-ear models. After visiting an audiologist, customers can test out any Unitron hearing aid for 30 to 60 days with the FLEX:TRIAL program. All Unitron hearing aids come with telecoil technology and a three-year warranty.

BOTTOM LINE

Unitron offers 20 models of hearing aids at all levels of price and technology, including Bluetooth and telecoil. Though it doesn’t ship to consumers, you can buy from an audiologist and enjoy a free trial and three-year warranty.

PROS

• Three-year warranty
    • 20 design options
    • Bluetooth compatibility
    • Free trial period

CONS

• Confusing aid descriptions online
    • Not available online

Top Unitron Reviews

I am on my second set of Unitron hearing aids. ... Looking back over the last 4 years I can count all my problems of any sort on one hand. ... The remote control is outstanding - the best over all I have seen. ... To me the sound is very clean and natural.

I have been using the very expensive Unitron Maxi Yuu for 5 or more years. They are my first hearing aids and have been trouble-free. ... My audiologist also sent each one back for refurbishment near the end of the warranty period. ... I am totally pleased.

What is Unitron?

Unitron offers a variety of different innovative hearing aids and accessories to help adults live safer, more productive and independent lives. Unitron's FLEX:TRIAL program lets users try hearing aids at home for 30 to 60 days before committing.

Unitron's hearing aids can be paired with your phone and TV and come with rechargeable batteries. While you can’t buy Unitron hearing aids online, there are helpful hearing loss experts at Unitron hearing aid locations across the country that can help you navigate your hearing device options.

Unitron hearing aid models

Unitron offers 20 hearing aid models. Each model line has a wide range of tech levels that allow customers to choose a hearing aid based on the severity of their hearing loss, budget and preferred features.

Every one of Unitron’s hearing aids includes patented technology that cuts through the ambient noise of listening environments. Additionally, every Unitron hearing aid comes with a tinnitus masker to treat tinnitus symptoms.

Unitron’s Moxi hearing aids
        Unitron’s Moxi model is its only line of receiver-in-canal aids. They use a thin plastic tube that starts in the hearing aid, comes out over the outer ear and goes into the ear canal. The Moxi hearing aid is designed to look sleek and discreet, and it comes in eight different models.

Of these models, only the Moxi Jump R includes a push-button, telecoil, a rechargeable battery and Bluetooth capabilities. The Moxi Kiss and Moxi Now have none of these features.

Unitron’s Stride hearing aids
        As one of Unitron’s behind-the-ear hearing aid lines, the Stride class features intuitive controls and is durable enough to keep up with your active lifestyle.

Every Stride model includes a push-button. All but the Stride P R use telecoil, and all but the Stride P Dura have Bluetooth capabilities. The Stride M R and the Stride P R are completely rechargeable.

Stride M is one of the newest models in the Stride class, and the Stride P is a stylish behind-the-ear aid that provides users with dual controls. Stride P Dura is moisture-resistant and designed for durability.

Unitron’s Max hearing aids
        There are two models in the Unitron Max series: Max SP and Max UP. Both have ultrapowerful batteries designed to last. These are ideal for users with severe to profound hearing loss and can be personalized to individual listening preferences. Like the Stride models, Max hearing aids fit behind the ear.

The Max SP and the Max UP have a push-button and use telecoil technology. No Max hearing aids have rechargeable batteries or Bluetooth compatibility.

Unitron’s Insera hearing aids
        Unitron designed the Insera line to make every sound as natural as possible. This in-the-ear hearing aid model is discreet, and the sophisticated EarMatch process helps the user find the perfect hearing aid for their ear. Insera hearing aids offer multiple receiver options, and their batteries last 20% longer than other models.

The Insera is available as any in-the-ear design, including completely-in-canal, half-shell, full-shell and mini-canal styles. Each design includes a custom battery, push-button and telecoil technology. None of these styles are available with Bluetooth or rechargeable batteries.

Unitron Hearing Aids cost

Unitron's hearing aid prices start at $1,400 and rise to $4,000 for premium devices with more advanced technology. A basic T500 model may be enough to restore minimal hearing loss, but those with profound hearing loss may need a more advanced model, such as the T Pro.

It's essential to consider accessories like batteries, chargers, TV connectors and remotes when budgeting for hearing aids. While Unitron's personalized hearing test is free, repairs and reshelling services cost anywhere from $95 to $190 per aid.

How to buy a Unitron hearing aid

The first step in buying a Unitron hearing aid is to take the company's personalized hearing test. You can take the free, three-minute hearing test on its website to gauge the severity of your hearing loss. After the test, schedule a call to speak with a Unitron hearing aid customer service representative. You can't buy the hearing aids online, so you must schedule an appointment with a Unitron hearing specialist near you.

During this appointment, you speak with a hearing aid expert about the challenges you face with everyday hearing. Once you choose a model, you receive devices to test for two weeks with no obligation or money down. Unitron representatives offer helpful tips on how to maximize hearing with the devices during this time.

After the trial, schedule a follow-up appointment so a hearing care professional can analyze your data, answer any questions and come up with a custom hearing solution.

Unitron hearing aid FAQ

Are Unitron hearing aids rechargeable?
        Yes. Unitron allows you to switch disposable batteries for rechargeable batteries at any time. You can connect hearing aids to the rechargeable base and power them while sleeping. This allows you to have fully charged hearing aids for the entire day without worrying about the battery going dead.
        Does Unitron repair hearing aids?
        No, but Unitron offers a variety of troubleshooting options on its website, including a guide with answers to common questions. If your problem isn't listed in the troubleshooting guide, the company recommends contacting your hearing care professional for repairs.
        How do I clean my Unitron hearing aids?
        You should clean your hearing aids every day. Use a soft cloth or tissue to clean the outside, but never use alcohol or cleaning solutions. You can use a dehumidifier kit to prevent moisture from entering and damaging the components. Never use a sharp object to clean wax from hearing aids; instead, use a wax loop or brush.

It's essential to store hearing aids in a cool, dry place and open the battery doors when they're not in use. It's also recommended to keep hearing aids away from hair dryers and car dashboards, which heat up quickly. It's important to remember not to get hearing aids wet. While Unitron hearing aids are durable, avoid dropping or banging them on hard surfaces.

What hearing aid accessories does Unitron offer?
        You can maximize the benefits of Unitron hearing aids by combining them with a variety of accessories. If you have a Moxi All hearing aid, use the Remote Plus app on your phone to share data about your hearing instruments and easily change programs and control the volume. Other accessories include TV connectors, rechargeable kits and remotes that let you discreetly and easily adjust the volume.

Is Unitron a good hearing aid?

Unitron sells 20 hearing aid models at varying technology levels and offers a hearing aid for many needs and budgets. Unitron has behind-the-ear, in-the-ear and receiver-in-canal models, each with telecoil technology and many with Bluetooth compatibility. Unitron backs their hearing aids with a three-year warranty. The company also lets you test any device with a 30- to 60-day free trial. Unitron does not sell hearing aids directly to consumers, so you must visit an audiologist to purchase them.

Unitron Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I purchased rechargeable hearing aids about a year and a half ago. I was told the battery life would be about five years and each charge should last about 36 hours. In reality, the charge never lasted 36 hours even when new, and within 2-3 months the charge barely lasts 10-12 hours. Unitron will not replace the hearing aids. The only thing they will do is replace the rechargeable batteries when needed. I would never recommend this product.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Unitron hearing aids are CRAP. I spent the money and got the best they had to offer with all the bells and whistles and they kept cutting out, even a waitress standing 2 ft from me I couldn't hear them, I kept hearing the it's the wax, let's adjust blah blah blah. I've been back to my audiologist umpteen number of times, I even got them sent back and still they keep cutting out and these are cleaner than when I got them, they are actually worse for my hearing than if I didnt have anything in them at all, the app is crap too no features sometimes connects sometimes not... I recommend NOT spending any money or time into these they are nothing but a pain and not worth the hassle... I wish I could give less than 1 star.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have been using hearing aids for 21 years now. I have used analog In the ear, and behind the ear too. I have been playing the guitar in Church since 2005. None of the old analog hearing aids bothered at all for my playing. I have tried always to spend the least, comparing prices and going to where I had to, in order to find affordable good hearing aids. I have even purchased through eBay from other countries. Was using Resound PL 80 for a few years, worked well and still are after 5 years. Last year I decided to buy modern good hearing aids with streaming artifacts and all that. I spent $3,200.00 for the T Insera 600 Unitron Hearing aids recommended by my Audiologist.

I have had them for a year now. In the past year I have gone to the audiologist around six times trying to program them so that I can play the guitar. It is impossible. My Audiologist has tried so hard. The last time, around 3 months ago she even had a technician from Unitron assist her to try to help me. No way that I can even use those hearing aids in church with the sound system on. It is HORRIBLE. I’m hardly using them in daily life. If I’m watching TV and turn on a fan, I can’t understand anything from the TV, no matter what program I use in the hearing aids. Sounds are distorted, music doesn’t even feel like music.

I have severe to profound hearing loss but LOVE music. Worship music is my passion and playing the guitar, ukulele and whatever instrument I can learn. I’m always back to the Resound PL80 programmed for me from England for less than 200.00 by an eBay technician, maybe even refurbished. The T Insera 600 are functioning, I take care of my hearing aids and have them for years. But I feel that I spent too much for what I thought was better and turned out a waste of money. More expensive is not really better. I appreciate my Audiologist’s hard work and effort but I will never again buy Unitron.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Hearing aids cost $5,000. With 2 years left on the warranty Unitron is telling us they cannot replace a faulty hearing aid. We have been told that the problem is ear wax. The aids were sent to be repaired. We picked them up, on the way home they malfunctioned again. Took them back a few days later and were again told ear wax. Using a 12 year old Starkey hearing aid has been our only recourse. The Starkey is still working with no "ear wax" issues. The sound is not as clear as a properly working Unitron, but at this point all we have is a $2,500 earplug. Customer service from both Unitron and Foust Audiology has been the worst I have experienced. Biggest waste of $5,000 ever.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

It is a wonderful hearing aid, however, I purchased an Apple XR phone only to discover I can no longer link my hearing aids. I contacted Unitron only to hear nothing but crickets. My audiologist indicated they heard from Unitron that a fix was being worked on, but that was some time ago.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Unitron Hearing Aids?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My elderly mom purchased these hearing aids and shortly after realized she could not use them. Bothered her ears, felt way too big, gave her headaches, etc. Because she did not return right away even though she was not using them brand new in box, Doctor will not reverse $2900 dollar charge. She doesn’t even have them and gave them back. We have been disputing charge with my Care Credit account for months. Please assist. I have all the paperwork. I live in different state than my mom. I feel she is not good candidate for aids. I feel she didn’t understand contract nor hear clearly and feel she was taken advantage of. Thank you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

February 2018 purchased Unitron Tempus Moxi 500 rechargeable hearing aids for my 88 year old mother. We chose this particular model because Mums fingers are riddled with arthritis distorting her fingers and ability to deal with changing tiny hearing aid batteries. Within 6 months one battery has to replaced. We are told faulty... 8 months the other battery needs replacing. April 2019 now the batteries are only lasting approximately 6 hours each 24 hours. What! Contact the clinic where I purchased the hearing aids and they advise me Unitron have learnt the batteries will not last what we were initially told and provided me a copy of the letter of apology, from Unitron to the clinic saying the batteries will not last what they said before.

Fact: I paid for hearing aids that are rechargeable and will last around 12 months and the battery would last all day and into the evening and not having to recharge. The clinic said put the aids on the charger during the day.... I don’t understand so my mum cannot hear while we recharge the battery that is not what we paid for. TOTALLY MISLEADING. I would like to know where this purchase fits within Australian Consumer Law and will be contacting appropriate authorities to get advice, and lodging a compliant with the ombudsman. I would not have purchased these hearing aids if I knew the battery had to be recharge during the day. Plus we had to continue returning to the clinic for batteries because they are useless. Not acceptable Unitron and I am disappointed. My 88 year old Mother has had her quality of life reduced because she cannot get a replacement without cost as Unitron has taken money for a product that has not be delivered...

Original review: April 10, 2019

An absolute waste of $4,500.00. I purchased the Unitron T Moxi All 800 because I wanted the connection to a smartphone and the conversation in a noisy environment functions. So far no problem with the phone function but the conversation in noisy environments is hopeless. The overall sound quality is absolutely abysmal in everyday situations. I have been back to the the audiologist many many times trying to get the HEARING function of the aids suitable for me. Whilst I can hear people speaking most of the time I cannot hear clearly. Certain noises are PAINFUL. Previously I had a Widex...so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had my hearing aids upgraded in July 2017. The new upgrade was touted to improve hearing by allowing the user options to switch between normal conversation, conversation in ambient noise, and when listening to music. There was no discernible difference. The Bluetooth function supposedly allowing you to take calls delivers poor sound quality at low volume and if the volume level is increased the feedback and distortion is jarring and unpleasant. On resetting my cellular device I lost the link to the Unitron site that allowed minor adjustments and have not been able to communicate with the site since.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I got these hearing aids on 2/22/16 and the right one quit working around 7/1/16. I took it to the Hearing Group and they sent it to the company to fix it. I got it back and it worked for a while then quit again. I took it back again and they sent it in again and the company fixed it again. The the third time the right ear quit working again and I took it in again and they sent it to the company to get fixed and then they both worked for a while. Then on 6/12/17 the left side hearing aid had quit working & again I took it to them and they sent it to the company and it was supposedly fixed. Now on 6/24/17, the left ear is not working again. I do feel that they should just make me a replacement pair!! It is very frustrating to pay $4.565.00 and have to bring these hearing aids in over and over and not have them working correctly.

Unitron Company Information