Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.36/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Oticon hearing aids come in several innovative models with many available add-ons. The company’s technological features, such as the OpenSound Optimizer and OpenSound Navigator, help eliminate whistling and balance sound in ambient environments. Some models offer rechargeable batteries, Bluetooth connectivity and tinnitus relief.

BOTTOM LINE

Oticon has seven lines of hearing aids in various styles and up to 12 colors for kids and adults. Some come with Bluetooth and tinnitus-relief technology. Since Oticon doesn’t sell to consumers, users buy from audiologists.

PROS

• Styles for kids
    • 2.4 GHz Bluetooth tech
    • Tinnitus SoundSupport
    • OpenSound Optimizer

CONS

• No online info about financing
    • Doesn’t sell directly to consumers

Top Oticon Hearing Aids Reviews

I have had my Oticon OPNs for almost 3 years now. It has made talking in social groups MUCH less stressful - I no longer have to watch people's lips and concentrate to understand what is being said, and I find they handle background noise VERY well, contrary to what several others have reported.

I am a professional Spanish interpreter; hearing is crucial. My audiologist recommended [Oticon]. I have had them for nearly two years with no problems. The difference in hearing is amazing. The first several days I walked around with my mouth open at the things I could hear.

What is Oticon?

Oticon sells some of the most innovative hearing aids on the market. Oticon has been in business since 1904 and offers hearing solutions for a variety of hearing loss issues affecting people of all ages. It also sells hearing aid accessories and solutions for issues such as tinnitus. Oticon hearing aids can connect to your phone or TV to make these devices easier to use. Authorized Oticon hearing care professionals have offices all over the U.S.

Oticon hearing aid models

Oticon offers seven different model lines of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, in-the-ear and receiver-in-canal devices. Most models, including the Xceed Play and Opn Play, are available in a variety of colors. The company helps provide tinnitus relief with patented technologies like Tinnitus SoundSupport, and it makes hearing aids available for veterans through Veterans Affairs Clinics.

Oticon Xceed
        This powerful behind-the-ear hearing aid is great for those with severe to profound hearing loss. It connects to any smartphone and many other accessories using 2.4 GHz Bluetooth technology. The Oticon Xceed is available in two styles and seven different colors.
        Oticon Xceed Play
        This hearing aid is for children with severe to profound hearing loss. It is durable and designed with active children in mind. The company builds it with hypoallergenic materials, and it has an LED light that confirms the battery is properly functioning. Oticon’s Xceed Play is available in 12 colors.
        Oticon Opn
        Oticon Opn is Oticon’s highly customizable line of hearing aids. These hearing aids decipher accurate information about what’s around you rather than just isolating one voice. Oticon’s Opn hearing aids are available in eight colors as receiver-in-ear, behind-the-ear and in-the-canal models. This line features Oticon’s invisible-in-the-canal hearing aid as well.
        Oticon Opn S
        The Oticon Opn S is a rechargeable hearing aid that comes with 2.4 GHz wireless technology and OpenSound Optimizer to remove the annoying whistling that is characteristic of some hearing aids. This line comes in receiver-in-the-ear and behind-the-ear styles.
        Oticon Opn Play
        This discreet hearing aid helps children with hearing loss adapt to their environment. OpenSound Navigator technology helps a child understand speech in noisy classrooms. This line comes in 12 colors and is available as a receiver-in-the-ear and behind-the-ear hearing aid.
        Oticon CROS
        The Oticon CROS is designed for those with single-ear deafness. Its OpenSound Navigator technology balances out sound. The CROS is a receiver-in-canal model available in seven colors.
        Oticon Siya
        The Oticon Siya lets you stream music and connect to your TV with 2.4 GHz Bluetooth technology. This line is available in nine styles, including in-the-ear, in-the-canal, receiver-in-the-ear and behind-the-ear.

Oticon hearing aid prices

Oticon hearing aids range in price from about $1,800 to $4,000. The final price varies based on the type of hearing aid and the features and accessories you choose. Hearing aids with high-end features typically cost more. These features add to the hearing aid price but provide more help with specific types of hearing loss or with hearing loss of greater severity.

How to get an Oticon hearing aid

Oticon hearing aids can be purchased from hearing care centers that are authorized Oticon dealers. Usually, the hearing care center performs hearing tests or other diagnostics that help you choose the best hearing aid for your needs. Each center has different financing and discount programs, so ask about these during your consultation. Some hearing aid care centers also sell batteries and help troubleshoot and care for your hearing aid.

Oticon hearing aid FAQ

How long do Oticon hearing aids last?
        The lifetime of any hearing aid depends on the way it is worn and used. In general, in-the-ear hearing aids don't last as long as behind-the-ear hearing aids because they are exposed to more moisture, sweat and earwax. Expect in-the-ear hearing aids to last about four or five years. Behind-the-ear hearing aids last longer — about five to six years.
        Does Costco carry Oticon hearing aids?
        No. Costco carries several different brands of hearing aids, but it does not carry Oticon hearing aids.
        What is the application process for Oticon hearing aids?
        The application process to get an Oticon hearing aid varies by hearing care center. Typically, you need to make an appointment with the hearing center, discuss your needs and get a hearing test. You may also get a hearing aid fitting. Your local audiologist gives you everything you need to get an Oticon hearing aid.
        Can Oticon hearing aids be repaired?
        Yes, Oticon hearing aids can often be repaired. Ask the hearing care professional who sells you the hearing aid about needed repairs. There is also a troubleshooting guide under the "Support" section of Oticon’s website.

Is Oticon a good hearing aid?

Oticon has a wide range of hearing aid models, including special designs just for kids or people with single-ear deafness. Its Tinnitus SoundSupport helps anyone with tinnitus. With Bluetooth connectivity, rechargeable options and patented OpenSound technology, Oticon’s hearing aids are sophisticated and a strong choice for anyone with hearing loss.

Oticon Hearing Aids Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have had the same hearing aids for almost two years. Several times I have jumped in the shower with them in, and a couple of times my right one got pretty wet. So I scramble to get out of the shower, then I pulled out the batteries, grabbed my blow dryer and on warm I dry out the hearing aids. Then the SCARE, do they still work. Well I'm wearing them now LOL. I wear mine sometimes 24+ hours due to my sleeping patterns, and I'm surprisingly happy with the battery life, for as many hours that I wear them.

Now with the Oticon App, and the difference between the Android App and the Apple IOS. If you have an Apple iPhone, you can use the iPhone for phone calls without having to purchase a little/big obnoxious black box to clip to your shirt for $200. I don't know about the IOS App, but I do know my android Oticon Event log will show, let's say that I connect at 7AM, it will show, "Hearing Aid Connected" 2, 3, 4 times. It also loses connection, and when I open the Oticon App, it has to connect/reconnect which skews the Event log as well as the screen that shows you how many hours for the, Day, Week, and month. So you have no idea, well you just don't. I wrote a review on the Google Play Store, which was pointless, since I saw no replies from the programmers. I did email the contact listed a few months ago, stating what I have said here. Obviously fell on deaf ears.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I am a professional Spanish interpreter; hearing is crucial. My audiologist recommended them because of her experience with them and the fact that I can link my iPhone to them through bluetooth. I have had them for nearly two years with no problems. The difference in hearing is amazing. The first several days I walked around with my mouth open at the things I could hear. There is a lot of sound out there.

Bluetooth connectivity is a very useful tool. With an app on my phone, I can adjust the volume level up and down and turn them off when necessary depending on conditions. The app is a bit slow to make the connection, 30-45 seconds, but I recommend using it. There is an iPhone setting that allows music from the phone to play through the OPN 2's I didn't like it because because at my setting, the hearing aids emphasize high pitched sounds. That resulted in tinny sounding music. The results are much better when music comes through speakers or a good sound system.

They are easy to use and care for. Routine hygiene and an occasional wiping is about all they require. Every three months or so I replace the domes and wax guards. Early models had reliability issues according to reviews that I've read. I've had none in two years. They work as advertised. Battery life is good. With batteries supplied by my audiologist and Amazon Basics, I get about 4 days. I recently started using Rayovac batteries and am getting 6-7 days. If appearance is a concern, my friends did not know that I was using hearing aids until I showed them. Based on my experience with the OPN 2's, they are a fine choice. I would suggest looking to see if you can get them through some state assistance program such as workers comp. The discount may be huge even if you have an out of pocket.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have had my Oticon OPNs for almost 3 years now and other than a vibration noise which ended up being caused by my glasses vibrating against the case, I have had no problems. I realize how poor my hearing is when I pop them out! I'm getting 4 to 5 days out of a set of batteries and months out of a set of wax filters. It has made talking in social groups MUCH less stressful - I no longer have to watch people's lips and concentrate to understand what is being said, and I find they handle background noise VERY well, contrary to what several others have reported.

The one disappointment is they never came up with the app to connect to non-Apple phones. The Bluetooth WAS handy when I lost my hearing aids and was able to prove they were both IN my pickup truck and I found them under the seat - not in the trailer full of old shingles I had just torn off the roof. It was a hard pill to swallow that the pair of hearing aids was worth more than BOTH vehicles in my driveway - and now I can hear all the squeaks and rattles they make.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Only had two weeks and working great. My biggest issue is the tools provided to change out the filters. They are very small and once you have taken out the used filter, you cannot tell what is the new one. I have put the old one back in thinking it was the new one when in fact it was not. You need complete uninterrupted time to stay focused on what you are doing with zero distractions to get them back in place correctly. The little black piece holding the filter is very small and hard to hold especially if you have arthritis or can't see very well. I much prefer the orange stick from Starkey for changing filters as it is much easier to direct and much easier to tell which end is which has the used one versus the new one.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Had problems getting Oticon's phone and TV adapters to work. Customer Service is poor, not customer friendly, guarded, deceitful, inflexible, and gives inconsistent answers. Customer Service number is not listed in any of their equipment guides (tells you all you need to know), so I had to google to find their number. Option should provide troubleshooting guide in their instructions manual. Equipment may be good, but if you can’t get it to work after two calls and two hours time invested.... Oticon relies upon Customer Service as first line of defense to correct tech problems, reps skills set, expertise, and company longevity varies: None are great. Obvious by their fumbling, research timeouts, and questioning. Had no degree of confidence that they could resolve my problems.

Only able to speak to a true tech specialist one time in spite of numerous requests. My one experience was good. Management needs to radically change their corporate mindset about customer service and tech support. Start with clean sheet of paper. Oticon can improve, if they want. I get better customer service from my cable company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oticon Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 10, 2020

I got these Oticon Nera2 Pro in Feb. 2017 from Avada now Hearing Life. The hearing quality is good, but the hearing aid's volume controls malfunction and the hearing aids have been replaced repeatedly. They have improved the volume controls, but they only send me the bad design ones. Now, the warranty just expired and I have to wait two years to get new haring aids with insurance. How can they send me hearing aids with a design problem beats me. I have worn other brands of hearing aids for years and never had this kind of problem.

Original review: March 1, 2020

This is my second set of Oticon OPN hearing aids. The first set worked beautifully, so purchased another set when I needed new ones. These have been sent back 2 times, and no one can figure out why they turn off when they feel like it, and then turn back on within 5 seconds or so. Told to turn off my Bluetooth! They are supposed to work with Bluetooth. That’s one of the reasons I bought them. $6,000. They do not fit my ears well either, so they put this plastic piece on to hold them in my ears. Next larger domes came off inside my ears. Most uncomfortable. Very frustrated. Not sure what I will do from here.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I got these from an Aunt that passed away so I was not the original purchaser. To get them fitted and adjusted, not many audiologists around here that work with this brand, I had to travel 45 minutes to get there and it cost $3000. I put them in the cleaner every night and have rechargeable batteries. The wire keeps disconnecting and the cleaner makes the cups clog (aren't they supposed to clean them?). I have had to travel back at least 5 times in that first year and each time it cost an office visit (another $60). Should have gotten cheaper ones and kept all that other cash.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Due to family complaints about my hearing, I purchased these hearing aids to satisfy them. The aids have held up well, and that's the only thing good about them. All they do is make everything louder and with poor quality sound. I hate them. At home, I use, instead, Sony wireless headphones on my TVs, synthesizer, and my PlayStation 4. These headphones only cost about $ 70, and the fidelity is GREAT. I should have returned these hearing aids when I could have. My suggestion to you is DO NOT compromise what you want from your hearing aids!!!! I rarely wear them. I hate them!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I had to procure hearing aids for my father. I floated inquiry in India mart. I got a call from many suppliers, of which one was very competitive. But Mr. Hitesh **, DGM sales, Oticon got in touch with me through another dealer and said that the other one who is offering least price is unauthorized and I should procure it from the supplier recommended by him. I ended up buying it at a higher price. Now, when I got to know that Mr. Hitesh was telling lies and the other supplier is authentic and I asked Oticon to help me get the device returned to the supplier, they are hiding and not attending calls. They are clearly at fault. If anyone of you want to save your hard earned money, please call me on **, I will help you get in touch with the genuine supplier. I do have every details and proofs of what I have quoted here.

Oticon Hearing Aids Company Information