It's that easy Request More Info
2.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1956 in Denmark, Widex has become one of the world's largest hearing aid manufacturers. Customer service and superior products are the top priorities for the company as a whole and the more than 4,000 employees worldwide.

Let Widex help change the way you and your loved ones hear the world.

BOTTOM LINE

Widex has 10 different types of technically advanced hearing aids in both BTE and ITE styles. Although cost isn't listed, Widex states they can provide three levels of advancement for the budget-minded.

PROS

• Advanced app controls
  • Fantastic customer service ratings
  • Large selection of both BTE- and ITE-style aids

CONS

• No direct purchase from website

Top Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

I absolutely love my hearing aids. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them all day … I hear so much better. I am more confident listening either to one person or in a group. Recently, I was in a restaurant and did not experience any difficulty hearing the people at my table.

My audiologist had always sold me another high end brand, and this time around suggested Widex Evoke. I am absolutely ecstatic with my new devices. The music is crystal clear and realistic, and a phone app with built in equalizer is really amazing.

Widex hearing aids

Widex provides both behind-the-ear (BTE) and in-the-ear (ITE) styles; however, these styles have options to make the aid more discrete. To further disguise the devices, the standard ITE aid has the completely-in-canal (CIC) style, and the BTE aid has the receiver-in-ear (RIE) and a receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aid styles.

There are several Widex hearing aid accessories that make Widex a great buy. Widex’s Acclimatization Program helps first-time users slowly adjust to the new sounds they will be hearing. The Widex Zen program, which helps to manage the effects of tinnitus, also gets good reviews. Their Audibility Extender is designed to help wearers hear more high-pitched sounds. Every Widex hearing aid has a 30-day trial period. Hearing tests are available online.

Widex provides three models in both BTE and ITE styles: the UNIQUE, the EVOKE and the BEYOND.

• The UNIQUE model is geared for the more active individual. The unit provides a wider sound range to cover both soft and loud, better wind noise reduction, and sound isolation technology that will focus on pronounced sounds while silencing the softer noises.
  • Widex states the EVOKE is the “world's first smart hearing aid.” Widex SoundSense Technology within the unit measures anonymous data gathered from your listening experiences and personalizes your hearing experience. For instance, the EVOKE can recognize if you are indoors or outside.
  • The BEYOND model focuses on its integration with the personalized BEYOND app. With this app, you can individually adjust the volume between two hearing aids, control the directionality of the microphone and choose between clarity and comfort, all in the palm of your hand.

Widex hearing aids cost

Widex does not publish their hearing aid prices on their website — this is a fairly common practice in the hearing aid industry, especially for companies that do not sell their hearing aids directly. To learn more about Widex hearing aid prices, it’s best to speak to a Widex representative. We were able to find pricing from Widex dealers and have published them in the chart below.

ModelPrice
Widex UNIQUE$1,200–$1,500
Widex BEYOND$1,299–$2,400
Widex EVOKE$1,399–$1,799

How to buy Widex hearing aids

Widex doesn’t sell their devices directly to the consumer, but you can still reach out to a Widex representative to learn more about which Widex hearing aid will be the best fit for you. Make sure to have a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. This will help the Widex representative know which hearing aid is appropriate for your level of hearing loss. From there, they can direct you to a Widex hearing aid dealer who sells the hearing aid you need.

Do we recommend Widex hearing aids?

We recommend Widex hearing aids. They have an extensive range of hearing aid styles that come with stylish, compatible apps for easy hearing aid control. Their customer service also receives high praise. We are happy to recommend them to those looking for a high-tech hearing aid.

Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I'm very happy with my new hearing aids. I have been able to understand what people are saying in a crowded room. That was one of my biggest problems. I have one exception, the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the problem is my Bluetooth, my phone, wifi or what, but the sound will cut in and out. I don't really notice this when I just use the hearing aids for normal hearing. But it's annoying when you listen to music and it cuts in and out. It's mostly in my left hearing aid. This has been a problem since day one. If I could get this resolved, I would be 100% satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Never had hearing aids before and was very hesitant to get them. They are amazing in the fact that I can actually have a conversation in a crowded loud room. I had an iPhone and the steaming and user friendliness was awesome. I just switched to the Pixel 3xl and cannot figure out for the life of me how to get my Spotify to stream through my hearing aids.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Sam, thank you for sharing your experience and we're glad to hear you are getting much benefit from your new hearing aid technology. As far as connecting your new phone, we have a dedicated support line for assistance. Thank you

Original review: March 7, 2019

I love my new hearing aids, but the only problem I have is not knowing whether to pull them out of my ear by taking off the hearing aid itself, or pulling on the thin tube closest to the ear tip inside my ear, close to the area inside. One of the tubes broke not long after I got them, and because my ear canals are very narrow and it's sometimes difficult to gently push the wire in, I'm worried that this will happen again. One audiologist said to pull off the hearing aid itself first, then gently pull out the tube. Another suggested pulling from the inside of the ear and then taking off the hearing aid. Which is correct?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Ruth, thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad to see that you are getting great benefit from your Widex hearing aids. To your question on how to be remove from your ear, it typically depends on the ear anatomy and style of device. In your case, it seems as it the receiver may be sitting deep in the ear canal so it would probably be best to remove by pulling on the part closer to the ear canal. Though, we suggest asking your hearing specialist for their recommendation at your next appointment. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Both my wife's aids work well until I try and use the COM-DEX Remote Mic and COM-DEX receiver. I need to have my wife's voice amplified and the mic works quite well, unless she wears Widex hearing aid. The bluetooth goes to hearing aid, as well as to mine. This happens anytime the COM-DEX is being used and is irritating if we are in church and I want to adjust my aids using the COM-DEX from my phone but again makes it nearly impossible to use the mic while she uses her aids. Is it possible to turn the bluetooth off in her aids or is there another solution? Our audiologist seems very inept. When we have asked her for a solution, she wanted to send the COM-DEX and mic back to the company, "because they must have a problem". Please help my wife and I work with these aids. I really want to hear my wife clearly and she needs to wear her aids also.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Larry, thank you for sharing your experience with the sound quality of your Widex hearing aids. As far as the Com-Dex connectivity question, the Com-Dex will connect to any Widex aids with WidexLink if they are within range. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this automatically. We have the issue for a possible future development fix. Thank you

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased my Evoke 440 12 months ago after trialing a competitive manufacturer aid at first and I’m very dissatisfied overall. My audiologist never managed to adjust these to a decent, acceptable level and so I now have to shop for replacement. I simply do not hear well with these, whether I’m in noisy environment, quiet environment, outdoor, whatever. I keep asking people to repeat, and frequently am in situations where I simply cannot understand what is being discussed. I also experience constant feed-back that even people around me can hear. Very embarrassing....

My audiologist has never managed to solve the feedback issue even numerous visits and adjustments. Another very annoying issue is the wind that gets super amplified, VERY uncomfortable. On a positive note their iPhone app allows for very sophisticated adjustment, equalizer, etc, but unfortunately after only one year the basic sound quality is very bad and I cannot manage to get the comfort, sound quality and voice quality that I need with my earring loss. A lot of money poorly spent I have to say. It is especially frustrating for me to conclude like this after a year usage, especially that the device have been reliable, no actual issue, great iPhone interface and controls etc but the sound quality is totally unacceptable and the earring aid simply are of no help with my earring handicap. I am now planning to evaluate and probably purchase Oticon aids.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We'd like to investigate this issue further. Can you please send a private message with your serial number and clinic name? Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I purchased top of the line rechargeable hearing aids in August 2019. Soon the left hearing aid and the charger failed. I had to return to the audiologist who sent them back to the company. After doing without for a few weeks, I returned to the audiologist a few days ago. The hearing aid now works but the repaired or replaced charger does not. As a cancer patient I find it very difficult to keep going back to the audiologist and then doing without the complete system. Online customer service was of no help.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Fred, thank you for sharing your experience and sorry for the inconvenience with your charger. If you can send us a private message with your clinic's name we can contact them to see about shipping a new charger at no cost either to their office or directly to your home, if you prefer. Thank you

Resolution response: Nov. 13, 2019

With the help of the Widex representative and an extension on my warranty we were able to come to a resolution. I also learned the majority of my problem was not with Widex but really with zpower. Since Widex sold me the zpower charging system unfortunately it became their responsibility. I have gained back confidence in the Widex product.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased my Beyond 440 with rechargeable batteries and charger about two years ago. Every few months the batteries die, probably has happened five or six times. First I was told it was the charger, which they reprogrammed, did not help. Then they sent the hearing aid and charger back to Widex and it worked for a month or two. The last time they gave me a custom Widex dryer/ charger box. It worked for about two months and one battery just died. Now they are telling me it’s the humidity in Florida, yet there are millions of people in Florida that have hearing aids without this problem. I also feel the streaming of music is inconsistent. The audiologists, at my doctor’s office who sold me the hearing aid has gone out of her way to try and find a solution. I have one more year on the warranty. I feel that Widex should at least extend the warranty.

Hi Ramsey,

Thank you for reaching out and we’re sorry you are experiencing issues. Could you please send a private message with your serial number and clinic name? Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Bluetooth connection was intermittent to none on the first set. On this second set, the right hearing aid depleted a new battery on a daily basis then quit in entirety. If I'm lucky, on a new battery, I can adjust the sound on the left hearing aid. Absolutely no volume in the right aid. Most frustrating on such an expensive investment!

Hi Carol,

Thank you for reaching out and we’re sorry for any frustration and inconvenience. Could you please send a private message with your serial number and clinic name so we can investigate? Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Comdex will not stream music through bluetooth in stereo. It’s like listening to your music through a an AM radio. Called Widex and they said they'd forward my concern to research and development department. I can buy bluetooth speaker at a discount store that stream music in stereo for less than $20. C'mon Widex. This is 80's technology. Get with the program and update your equipment.

Hi Marissa,

Thank you for reaching out. We’re sorry that you are experiencing sound quality issues during streaming with the COM-DEX accessory. Could you please send us a private message with your hearing aid serial number and clinic name? We will use the serial number to evaluate if that is the right accessory for your hearing aid and possibility provide a free accessory upgrade or replacement. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Purchased these to help with Hearing. They have not worked right since the day I got them. They have been turned in to Widex And they are audiologist multiple times. The last time I receive them back in the Hearing Aid piece does not even amplify, I can hear better without it then with it on. Widex Has a three-year warranty, but they have yet to do anything. I am told they replaced the entire inside parts of both the Hearing Aid and the receiver and they still don’t work.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Jim, thank you for sharing your experience and we're sorry to hear of the inconvenience. Though we are definitely confident we can rectify your situation to ensure you get the optimal benefit from your Widex hearing aid purchase. Can you please private message us with your serial numbers and clinic name as to work with them on an expedited solution? Thank you

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information