It's that easy Request More Info
2.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1956 in Denmark, Widex has become one of the world's largest hearing aid manufacturers. Customer service and superior products are the top priorities for the company as a whole and the more than 4,000 employees worldwide.

Let Widex help change the way you and your loved ones hear the world.

BOTTOM LINE

Widex has 10 different types of technically advanced hearing aids in both BTE and ITE styles. Although cost isn't listed, Widex states they can provide three levels of advancement for the budget-minded.

PROS

• Advanced app controls
  • Fantastic customer service ratings
  • Large selection of both BTE- and ITE-style aids

CONS

• No direct purchase from website

Top Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

08/16/2018

I absolutely love my hearing aids. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them all day … I hear so much better. I am more confident listening either to one person or in a group. Recently, I was in a restaurant and did not experience any difficulty hearing the people at my table.

09/27/2018

My audiologist had always sold me another high end brand, and this time around suggested Widex Evoke. I am absolutely ecstatic with my new devices. The music is crystal clear and realistic, and a phone app with built in equalizer is really amazing.

Widex hearing aids

Widex provides both behind-the-ear (BTE) and in-the-ear (ITE) styles; however, these styles have options to make the aid more discrete. To further disguise the devices, the standard ITE aid has the completely-in-canal (CIC) style, and the BTE aid has the receiver-in-ear (RIE) and a receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aid styles.

There are several Widex hearing aid accessories that make Widex a great buy. Widex’s Acclimatization Program helps first-time users slowly adjust to the new sounds they will be hearing. The Widex Zen program, which helps to manage the effects of tinnitus, also gets good reviews. Their Audibility Extender is designed to help wearers hear more high-pitched sounds. Every Widex hearing aid has a 30-day trial period. Hearing tests are available online.

Widex provides three models in both BTE and ITE styles: the UNIQUE, the EVOKE and the BEYOND.

• The UNIQUE model is geared for the more active individual. The unit provides a wider sound range to cover both soft and loud, better wind noise reduction, and sound isolation technology that will focus on pronounced sounds while silencing the softer noises.
  • Widex states the EVOKE is the “world's first smart hearing aid.” Widex SoundSense Technology within the unit measures anonymous data gathered from your listening experiences and personalizes your hearing experience. For instance, the EVOKE can recognize if you are indoors or outside.
  • The BEYOND model focuses on its integration with the personalized BEYOND app. With this app, you can individually adjust the volume between two hearing aids, control the directionality of the microphone and choose between clarity and comfort, all in the palm of your hand.

Widex hearing aids cost

Widex does not publish their hearing aid prices on their website — this is a fairly common practice in the hearing aid industry, especially for companies that do not sell their hearing aids directly. To learn more about Widex hearing aid prices, it’s best to speak to a Widex representative. We were able to find pricing from Widex dealers and have published them in the chart below.

ModelPrice
Widex UNIQUE$1,200–$1,500
Widex BEYOND$1,299–$2,400
Widex EVOKE$1,399–$1,799

How to buy Widex hearing aids

Widex doesn’t sell their devices directly to the consumer, but you can still reach out to a Widex representative to learn more about which Widex hearing aid will be the best fit for you. Make sure to have a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. This will help the Widex representative know which hearing aid is appropriate for your level of hearing loss. From there, they can direct you to a Widex hearing aid dealer who sells the hearing aid you need.

Do we recommend Widex hearing aids?

We recommend Widex hearing aids. They have an extensive range of hearing aid styles that come with stylish, compatible apps for easy hearing aid control. Their customer service also receives high praise. We are happy to recommend them to those looking for a high-tech hearing aid.

Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 7, 2019

I love my new hearing aids, but the only problem I have is not knowing whether to pull them out of my ear by taking off the hearing aid itself, or pulling on the thin tube closest to the ear tip inside my ear, close to the area inside. One of the tubes broke not long after I got them, and because my ear canals are very narrow and it's sometimes difficult to gently push the wire in, I'm worried that this will happen again. One audiologist said to pull off the hearing aid itself first, then gently pull out the tube. Another suggested pulling from the inside of the ear and then taking off the hearing aid. Which is correct?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Ruth, thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad to see that you are getting great benefit from your Widex hearing aids. To your question on how to be remove from your ear, it typically depends on the ear anatomy and style of device. In your case, it seems as it the receiver may be sitting deep in the ear canal so it would probably be best to remove by pulling on the part closer to the ear canal. Though, we suggest asking your hearing specialist for their recommendation at your next appointment. Thank you

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Both my wife's aids work well until I try and use the COM-DEX Remote Mic and COM-DEX receiver. I need to have my wife's voice amplified and the mic works quite well, unless she wears Widex hearing aid. The bluetooth goes to hearing aid, as well as to mine. This happens anytime the COM-DEX is being used and is irritating if we are in church and I want to adjust my aids using the COM-DEX from my phone but again makes it nearly impossible to use the mic while she uses her aids. Is it possible to turn the bluetooth off in her aids or is there another solution? Our audiologist seems very inept. When we have asked her for a solution, she wanted to send the COM-DEX and mic back to the company, "because they must have a problem". Please help my wife and I work with these aids. I really want to hear my wife clearly and she needs to wear her aids also.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Larry, thank you for sharing your experience with the sound quality of your Widex hearing aids. As far as the Com-Dex connectivity question, the Com-Dex will connect to any Widex aids with WidexLink if they are within range. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this automatically. We have the issue for a possible future development fix. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have purchased three sets of hearing aids in the past 10-12 years and they have all “worked” to various degrees of accuracy and success. When my granddaughter received her Doctorate Degree in Audiology three years ago from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, my whole hearing knowledge base increased dramatically. My granddaughter, who loves her occupation, arranged for me to visit her at her office in Atlanta, Georgia and take some advanced tests. I did and the rest is history as the Widex Evoke 440 system is by far superior to anything I had read about or tried in the past.

TV Controller II: Linking it to the TV is great as I now have my own direct private Bluetooth channel. Widex App: Installing it on my iPhone is amazing in so many ways. I like the universal mode the best as it is constantly adjusting the North-South-East-West directional sound. Ringing Noise: One of the most amazing things about the new system is the noise canceling effect of “ear ringing”. The ringing is simply not there any longer when I am wearing my Widex Evoke 440s. My “brain” does not have to work so hard to process these false frequencies. Ear Pieces: It goes without saying that the earpieces fit well and are very comfortable at all times. Super generation of this hearing aid device. Keep your great innovative technology moving.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My Widex Beyond hearing aids have greatly improved my hearing and I'm very pleased overall. I was excited to have the bluetooth connection feature to my iPhone 6 for phone calls and other streaming (IOS12, app version 1.2.2). First there's a loud click whenever the bluetooth connection. And when a phone call streams to hearing aids -if I've turned the volume down in noisy conditions, it resets the ambient sound level of the hearing aids to "normal" volume. Worse than that, certain phone apps seem to trigger the volume reset as well: for some reason Google Maps does (perhaps in anticipation of providing turn by turn directions); and Photos (perhaps in anticipation of streaming the sound from a movie?). In any case, it's sufficiently annoying that I normally keep bluetooth on my phone turned off. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your Widex hearing aids. Regarding those click noises, the cicks (beeps) you hear occur when the iPhone sends a volume change request, which may occur when your start streaming or begin a phone call. These beeps confirm that the volume was changed and helps the iPhone’s native hearing aid app and the Beyond app stay synced. When audio begins streaming to the hearing aids, the iPhone may set the volume back to the default level, and can only be adjusted after the audio starts streaming. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

When I received my hearing aids from a professional in Houston TX, the only programs included were Universal, Party, and Music. There was also a special program called Directional Focus. There was no manual supplied, so I just downloaded one from the Widex website. I was surprised to see there were many more programs, including Quiet, Comfort, Transport, Impact, and Zen. None of these were included with my new hearing aids. Are these downloadable by owners? Why were they omitted from my hearing aids?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Paul, thank you for reaching out and we are glad to share more information on the additional sound classes. So those programs must be added by the professional as part of the fitting. Depending upon the loss, lifestyle/listening needs of the user, along with counseling, the hearing professional chooses additional programs. The aids are highly adaptive, and they have within them (depending upon the device) a system called sound classes that assesses and classifies the input in the environment. Those classifications may include some or all of the programs referenced below. There are times that a special program dedicated to one of those classes is indicated. Hope that helps and please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased my Beyond 440 with rechargeable batteries and charger about two years ago. Every few months the batteries die, probably has happened five or six times. First I was told it was the charger, which they reprogrammed, did not help. Then they sent the hearing aid and charger back to Widex and it worked for a month or two. The last time they gave me a custom Widex dryer/ charger box. It worked for about two months and one battery just died. Now they are telling me it’s the humidity in Florida, yet there are millions of people in Florida that have hearing aids without this problem. I also feel the streaming of music is inconsistent. The audiologists, at my doctor’s office who sold me the hearing aid has gone out of her way to try and find a solution. I have one more year on the warranty. I feel that Widex should at least extend the warranty.

Hi Ramsey,

Thank you for reaching out and we’re sorry you are experiencing issues. Could you please send a private message with your serial number and clinic name? Thank you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Bluetooth connection was intermittent to none on the first set. On this second set, the right hearing aid depleted a new battery on a daily basis then quit in entirety. If I'm lucky, on a new battery, I can adjust the sound on the left hearing aid. Absolutely no volume in the right aid. Most frustrating on such an expensive investment!

Hi Carol,

Thank you for reaching out and we’re sorry for any frustration and inconvenience. Could you please send a private message with your serial number and clinic name so we can investigate? Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Comdex will not stream music through bluetooth in stereo. It’s like listening to your music through a an AM radio. Called Widex and they said they'd forward my concern to research and development department. I can buy bluetooth speaker at a discount store that stream music in stereo for less than $20. C'mon Widex. This is 80's technology. Get with the program and update your equipment.

Hi Marissa,

Thank you for reaching out. We’re sorry that you are experiencing sound quality issues during streaming with the COM-DEX accessory. Could you please send us a private message with your hearing aid serial number and clinic name? We will use the serial number to evaluate if that is the right accessory for your hearing aid and possibility provide a free accessory upgrade or replacement. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Purchased these to help with Hearing. They have not worked right since the day I got them. They have been turned in to Widex And they are audiologist multiple times. The last time I receive them back in the Hearing Aid piece does not even amplify, I can hear better without it then with it on. Widex Has a three-year warranty, but they have yet to do anything. I am told they replaced the entire inside parts of both the Hearing Aid and the receiver and they still don’t work.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Jim, thank you for sharing your experience and we're sorry to hear of the inconvenience. Though we are definitely confident we can rectify your situation to ensure you get the optimal benefit from your Widex hearing aid purchase. Can you please private message us with your serial numbers and clinic name as to work with them on an expedited solution? Thank you

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I'm very happy with my new hearing aids. I have been able to understand what people are saying in a crowded room. That was one of my biggest problems. I have one exception, the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the problem is my Bluetooth, my phone, wifi or what, but the sound will cut in and out. I don't really notice this when I just use the hearing aids for normal hearing. But it's annoying when you listen to music and it cuts in and out. It's mostly in my left hearing aid. This has been a problem since day one. If I could get this resolved, I would be 100% satisfied.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information