It's that easy Request Information
2.58/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1956 in Denmark, Widex has become one of the world's largest hearing aid manufacturers. Customer service and superior products are the top priorities for the company as a whole and the more than 4,000 employees worldwide.

Let Widex help change the way you and your loved ones hear the world.

View More View More

98 Widex Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I love my Evoke 440 hearing aids. I finally feel like I can engage in any type of listening environment. I struggled with noisy restaurants and loud music in the background. Since I have had my Evoke devices I can now understand the conversations going on at the dinner table. I am also glad I do not have to go back to audiologist often for any adjustments. The hearing aids adapt to any listening situation I am in meetings, restaurants, and social gatherings.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased Widex Hearing Aids a year ago at a cost of $5,000.00. The main reason I purchased them is because they claimed they were the only hearing aids designed for the iPhone. They did initially work reasonably with the iPhone but over the last 6 months they cannot maintain connectivity. When they lose connectivity the volume declines substantially. I contacted Widex several times and they can only say they are working on the problem. In the meantime I do presentations to large groups as a part of my job which I will lose if this problem keeps up. What makes the problem worse is that my health plan forced me to purchase through Amplifon and they just do not understand the difference between a trial period and defective products.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Dennis, thank you for reaching out and it is unfortunate to hear of your issues with the connectivity. However, recent firmware updates should easily resolve those occurrences for you. Would it be possible to have you be put in touch with one of our tech support representatives to remedy? Thank you

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I wore Widex Hearing Aids for 12 years and had hardly any problem. However, they gradually lost their ability to correct my hearing so I purchased the Widex Beyond 440 in April. I have severe tinnitus and moderate hearing loss, so I was happy to try out the Zen program. I wore this pretty continuously until 2 weeks ago (August). When I returned to my audiologist thinking one of the earring aids had stopped working, she informed me it was my ears which had stopped working! I had a "significant" change in hearing after a relatively stable hearing loss for 12 years! I still have not gotten into seeing the specialist, but I had no sudden exposure to loud sound or infection. Has this pattern ever happened before? The Zen program was programmed by my PhD audiologist. Now I am afraid to use it.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Shannon, thank you for reaching out. We understand your concern and confusion and would like to help remedy. Would it be possible for one our our customer support representatives to get in touch with you and your specialist to help try to further assist in resolving the issue for your Zen tinnitus program? Thank you

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought my Widex behind the ear hearing aids and while they were still under warranty the transmitters in both aids had to be replaced. I thought it strange that something that cost €6,000 would have parts that seemed to go so quickly. This was something I made known to the audiologist. These aids, I can assure you are looked after extremely well. Each evening they are cleaned and placed in the dry box (the tables are replaced on a regular basis). Filters and rubber tips are also replaced each month. A year later and I am now out of warranty when the right transmitter goes, I fought paying the €190 it cost to replace and stated I wanted the aids checked as I felt there was a problem somewhere that this was happening.

According to Widex no problems were detected. A couple of months down the line and now the left transmitter has given up!!! I contacted my audiologist who in turn contacted Widex. Their reply...I am out of warranty and there is nothing they can do. What a lovely way to treat customers. There is clearly something wrong as this now looks like it is an annual event. During the initial session with the company I purchased the aids from nobody made me aware that the transmitters would need to be replaced on such a regular basis. The bottom line now is I have hearing aids which are absolutely no good to me.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Dear Marie. Thank you for your message. We apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing. We have been in contact with your Audiologist to investigate further and they are keen to support you and resolve the issues you are experiencing. Please contact them directly to arrange a convenient time to call in where they will rectify the problem immediately and will provide you with options to ensure you get the best experience from your hearing aids going forward.

Original review: July 26, 2018

First I like my Widex hearing aids. What my issue is that I have to keep reinstalling the Beyond app to my iPhone model 5c. Sometimes both hearing aids connect, sometimes only the left hearing aid does. Also when using the Bluetooth connectivity to hear phone conversations, the iPhone automatically switches to FaceTime then drops the call completely. So help please. I have the latest version of the app installed on my iPhone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I received my Widex behind-the-ear hearing aids about 18 months ago and have been quite pleased. But within the past two weeks, I'm finding that the aids are depowering and minutes later may or may not turn back on. I've taken out the batteries and replaced them several times; have repositioned the aids; and actually put in brand new batteries. Some days are totally fine but this is becoming unpredictable as there is no "low battery" warning accompanying this.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Jeffrey, we are sorry to hear of your current product issue and believe it can be easily resolved for you. Have you brought the device(s) to your specialist yet for evaluation on possible repairs? We'd recommend that as the best starting point and if repairs are needed, we'll promptly take care of them as to ensure you are not without your devices for an extended period of time. Thank you

Original review: June 9, 2018

Product came highly recommended. However, I always have an issue with volume, currently having trouble with one hearing aid which has a low, soft sound compared to the other. Tried resolving issue my self, without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Transmitter went only after owing hearing aids for less than two years. Cost to replace was $100. Unfortunately I lost a hearing aid, due to being in and out of hospital last summer, cost to replace was $400. Batteries can be difficult to change due to very small size. I have the Dream model. Thank you for this opportunity to voice my opinion.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Daniel, we are glad to help resolve your hearing aid issues to help you get the full benefit of those devices. Could you private message us with the serial numbers so we can research the repair history as to share recommendations? Thank you

Original review: May 23, 2018

I recently got the Widex Hearing Aids with the rechargeable batteries and charger. They were fine the first few weeks and then would randomly just go dead in the middle of the day. Everything was sent back to the company and after getting them back within a week it started again. I have contacted my audiologist and they have talked to their rep who has told them my options are send everything back in again or just start using daily batteries. The whole reason I chose this brand was because it was highly recommended and I like the recharging feature. I've only had these a couple of months and am totally disappointed. As you all know, they aren't cheap and why should I have to keep something I no longer have faith in. I will be returning everything to my audiologist and then will do what I have to do to get my money back and move on to another brand.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Penny, it is unfortunate to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with our rechargeable hearing aid technology. We plan to replace your hearing aids entirely at no cost. We are confident this should resolve your battery issues completely. We will be coordinating the new devices shipment with your specialist and that should be there in the next few business days for your exchange to the new hearing aids. Thank you

Original review: May 8, 2018

Several years ago, bacterial meningitis took my hearing from one ear and approximately half my hearing in my other ear. I knew *nothing* about hearing aids. My audiologist guided me to use WIDEX. I use only one aid. Still coping with my sudden hearing loss, I simply followed her advice. For a year or so, thing were fine - mind you, I had nothing to compare my experience to. Then, the frequency of feedback and lack of clarity increased steadily. My audiologist sent the aid to WIDEX. Widex indicated it could not identify the problem and provided a new aid. After a few months, the feedback and lack of clarity began again. The warranty on the aid ended 5 mos. ago. Today, in my classroom, the aid simply stopped working. I've cleaned it, replaced all that can be replaced. I make certain to keep it dry. This is a tremendous hardship. I no longer have a warranty (and lost touch with my audiologist).

Most of my friends are advising me to switch to the PHONAK BRIO. I would prefer to save my money and simply have WIDEX either correctly repair this aid (which cost over $3000, if memory serves) or replace it. It seems a far more convenient thing to have COSTCO nearby should a problem arise with a PHONAK aid, than to have to find a way to communicate with a representative from WIDEX. I welcome any input and guidance. This teacher has one more month to teach before summer break and the LAST THING I NEED is a non-functioning hearing aid in my middle school classroom!

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Elizabeth, we are glad to help try to resolve your situation so you can get the full enjoyment of your Widex hearing aid. Could you please private message us your hearing aid serial #s so we can investigate further as well as your preferred method of contact for a customer service representative to reach out to you? Thank you

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been "fighting" with my Widex Beyond hearing aids for about 6 months now. They work great except for one major issue...that is Bluetooth connectivity. I have an iPhone 6 plus and when I stream sound from my iPhone the sound breaks up and I also get brief connectivity issues. I have worked with my provider but they are out of options. WIDEX must now step up to the plate and fix this issue. Research on the internet has shown that this is an issue plaguing many WIDEX hearing aid users. WIDEX blame the iPhone and do not seem to be doing anything about it. I have NO issues with Bluetooth on any other devices, only my WIDEX hearing aids. OK WIDEX...the ball is in your court - fix this issue!!!

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Glen, thank you for sharing your challenges with the blue tooth connectivity. We are pretty certain this can be resolved with some simple updates. Would it be ok for a customer service representative to reach out to you by phone or email to walk you through that step?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Was told by provider, that they were best brand going, had tried my brother's over the ear Beltone, sounds were great, fitted March 28 2017, called provider back to tell of a whistling problem, continual, told to set to lowest setting and was told to come back in Aug 2018, tolerated trouble 6 months till appointment, audiologist put a larger set of foam pads and reprogrammed, going home 70 miles they were whistling and feedback, was told to push them as far back in canal with pinky finger as possible, I did that and with 2 hours had major earache in both ears, called provider back next day after I found blood on pillow next morning, was told, you have 2 options, either put the small foam on and deal with the whistling, or keep the large foam on and deal with the uncomfortable feeling of having a football shoved in my ear.

Provider set new appointment for Feb 22 2018, when I met with doctor, was informed she no longer participates in the AARP/HearUSA program and that after this appointment all future visits would be out of pocket, but she would send aids back to Widex if need be, I explained to her that I could hear a kid on the back pew in church take the wrapper off a piece of candy, or if I happen to get a few pieces of sand on my shoes, that it was so loud that it sound like I was walking on bubble wrap, Dr. tried to convince me that was what I should be hearing, I explained to her how loud it was and when I was a teen and in my 20's it wasn’t that loud, then she said I was hard of hearing in my younger years which I know is BS, I could hear a co-workers wrist watch alarm in a room with 12 other people and none of the others could hear it. But the Dr. insisted that was normal.

I tried to tell her I could hear noise ok, but if my wife in the car, or someone sitting beside me in church says something, I have to ask them 2 or 3 times, because voices are still low, if it be a man with low bass, voice or a woman with a high pitched voice, I can’t understand them, and I can remove my right aid and hear voices better without it, than with it in.

My problem now, I have a $4000 set of hearing aids that is past the 90 day refund or exchange, a Dr. who no longer participates in the HearUSA program and they want me to go to a new audiologist , I have a feeling he might not want to take on someone else’s problem, so I have a $4000 mantel piece, I can’t wear them because of pain and whistling, like a tight pair of shoes, they may look good, but they sure do hurt, I put them in the closet never to wear again.

I also changed from AARP/United Health Care to BCBS/Advantage, I ask them about a new pair of hearing aids, these through United Health Care I paid $1835 each, on the Advantage plan they said I could get the same ones for $599 each, my question is to AARP, why are you sponsoring a company like UHC and saying you are helping seniors, when BCBS has nothing to do with AARP, and could have got my hearing aids at less than 1/2 what I was charged. My biggest question and this is to Widex, why have you not recalled these aids, every negative comment is like mine... They amplify noise… But they don't amplify voice?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi James, we are here to help you in any way to get the full benefit of your Widex hearing aids We are confident we can help you do so and would like to offer to have a customer service representative reach out to you soon to help facilitate that process. Would that be OK on your end to contact you by phone or email? Thank you

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Let me count the ways I'm upset with Widex. I had a pair of 5-year-old ITE Widex aids, along with an accompanying M-Dex. Everything worked fine, although the screen on the M-Dex no longer lights. Eventually I found a site online that helped me figure on which buttons to push to accomplish what I needed. I learned Widex had hearing aids made for iPhone and this appealed to me, though I didn't yet have an iPhone. I ordered the Beyond 330's for trial. I decided I wanted to go for all the bells and whistles, so I switched to the 440's. I also got the Com-Dex and the Uni-Dex.

I didn't mind wearing the Com-Dex, but was very disappointed with the Uni-Dex. Yes, I could stream music from my laptop, no problem. But I'd been in the habit of connecting my M-Dex to my laptop via a 3.5 mm cable and thus could stream sound while watching movies or videos. I was appalled to discover that when trying to do that with the Uni-Dex, I could get the sound alright, but it turned out to be about a second behind the video. Who wants to watch a movie where the words coming out of actors' mouths don't coincide with their lip movements?

So... a friend gave me an old iPhone 5 and I returned the Com-Dex and the Uni-Dex. The iPhone 5 was okay, but too small, I thought, so I wanted a bigger phone. Then I read on the Widex website that several models of Samsung phones would also work with the Beyond App. So I bought a Samsung S7. Loved the phone. It only took a few days to discover that while I could control my hearing aids with it, I could not stream either phone calls or sound from my computer to my hearing aids with it. It took a very long time to find somewhere buried deep in the Widex website in very small print a statement that said you could not stream with android phones. Grrrr!

So I was able to return the Samsung phone (which was another nightmare...). I then got an iPhone 6s. Yes, I can stream phone calls and also music from my computer. But as I had already learned early on, I absolutely couldn't watch videos on my laptop unless I also bought a Com-Dex and a Uni-Dex and even then the sound of movies would not be in sync with the video, So here's what I'm forced to do: I use the Beyond 440's with the iPhone 6S most of the time. But if I want to watch something on my computer, I have to get out my old hearing aids and my barely functioning M-dex and watch the videos that way. I don't know what I'll do when either the hearing aids or the M-Dex stop working.

One of the reasons I moved up to the Beyond 440's was that they have all these wonderful programs! Right. Yes, I can hear a difference when I switch from one setting to another, but it isn't pronounced. The equalizer works, after a fashion, but you can only adjust bass, mid-range, and treble volumes. And if you are at one setting and have everything set up the way you want it, then switch to another setting, all your fine tuning goes away. Frustrating!

And my biggest complaint: I can't hear what a people are saying unless we're in a quiet environment. I can go to Denny's for breakfast with one other person and I have to have him repeat things 3 times. Sometimes I just give up and don't even tell him I can't hear him. And I only have a moderate hearing loss. So there you go: streaming woes, android phone woes, and just plain hearing woes. I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling when someone asks me how I like my Widex hearing aids.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Wayne, we never enjoy learning of someone's frustration with their new hearing aids as is occurring in your case. While nearly all hearing aid manufacturers are still waiting/ working on the direct streaming capability with the various Android phone makers, we are hoping to have a resolution in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to help with the sound processing in noisy situations for your enjoyment of conversations, we are glad to help. If OK on your end, we can work with your specialist to help in any fine-tuning of the devices. Also, we are happy to supply you with any of the DEX media streaming devices that you may need as well. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I purchased the Widex Beyond B-F2T with the promise that it would connect with my Samsung Smartphone (Android type) if it was an S6 or higher model. Since I only had a Samsung S5, I could only use the APP for volume change, But I was told that once I had A Samsung S6 or higher, I would be able to get streaming such as music and calls on my phone. Based on this, I purchased the Hearing Aids (above product) and recently have purchased a Samsung S7. When I went to the Audiologist, The hearing aids could not get any streaming items (no different than my S5 phone), and that they hoped to have the technology soon. What a waste of money and time. Widex should not have promised their representatives that the Bluetooth would work for the Android phone systems.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Monroe, we completely understand your frustration and want to assure you we do all we can to clarify the streaming capability differences between iPhone and Android devices. While nearly all hearing aid manufacturers are still waiting/ working on the direct streaming capability with the various Android phone makers, we are hoping to have a resolution in the not too distant future. We hope you can still get the benefit of better hearing with the hearing aids as well as streaming with use of the DEX devices. If you private message us, we would be happy to help you get any accessory devices that you may need as well.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Hi. I have Widex Dream 440 and am waiting delivery of the New Widex Beyond Z. Just 2 days ago I read a lot of very negative reviews about the Widex app on the Widex app. In particular about Bluetooth connectivity problems and not getting resolved by Widex only the same bland answer, and also the absence of the Android version. I’m an Android user. I reported my concerns to Widex about the way they’re not dealing with the issues raised in the app reviews and also told my supplier about the negative reviews and now lo and behold all the reviews are gone off the system. So at least I can’t find them! Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Tim, we are continually making improvements to the hearing aid apps as it relates to reliability of bluetooth connection to all iPhone models and via our DEX media accessories to many Android models. While the technology of smart phones is advancing at a rapid rate, we are now typically right behind the new operating system updates with our own app updates as well. If you have any further questions regarding the app/ streaming performance of the Beyond Z rechargeable hearing aids we are happy to reach out by email or phone if desired. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I purchased a Widex Beyond B-F2T. The first hearing aid after 8 hours on, started to shift the setting mode and change the volume on its own. Took it back for a new one. The second one could never pair it with my iPhone. Don't waste your money.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Monty, we are very sorry to hear of the unfortunate instances you had with those hearing aids. If there is anything we can do to help assure you get the full benefit of our hearing aids at any point in the future, if ever considering trying again, please let us know. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have had my Widex 440 BTE hearing aids for four years. After the first year I have had to frequent my audiologist every few months due to the receiver in either ear no longer working. It is a simple process to change this out, however after doing much research the consumer does not have the ability to purchase new receivers, but instead has to have this done by the audiologist. For the price I paid for these hearing aids you would think they would not be as faulty as they are. I take very good care of them considering the price I paid so I don't contribute this issue due to misuse or handling. I am very dissatisfied in the product as I am stuck having to take time off of work every few months to have a receiver replaced that takes less than 5 minutes... Next time I will not be purchasing a Widex product.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Kimberly, sorry for our delayed response here but we will still want to offer support to help resolve in any way possible. We appreciate the feedback and find it unusual to need the receiver changed so often. We're happy to offer a courtesy inspection/ repair if desired to try to prevent future occurrences that create the inconveniences on your end. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I own two Widex Unique 440-312 RIC hearing aids that I have had for about 21 months. Over the course of this time the receiver, which is the wire component, one end of which actually goes into my ear canal and has the speaker attached and the other end plugs into the unit behind my ear has failed nine times. It is the sixth time for the Right receiver, which seems to be failing at a rate of 2 times that of the left. I have also began noticing some diminished ability with the right side aid, but the instrument is still working.

When I first received my hearing aids I was told that I would have to regularly replace wax guards and batteries, but not receiver replacement. These failures are not my fault. I have done all I was advised to do from the audiologist and the Hearing Planet, the online dealer who sold me the units. I believe there is some sort of systemic design failure with the receivers. Or it may for some reason be restricted to the pair I have. Both are issues for Widex. The hearing aids were very costly, and the thought of the expense of regularly replacing the receivers, which are also very expensive, once the warranty is expired is unconscionable.

Other friends who also have hearing aids of other brands do not report these problems. I have to say that these regular failures are discouraging and I now believe I probably did not make the best choice in brands. I know Hearing Planet is just the retailer, so I don’t hold the company responsible for design issues. Until recently, they have offered excellent customer service. The hearing aids are still under warranty, but although I have communicated with Widex and Hearing Planet via email my recent inquiries, which were made about a week ago, have gone unanswered. So even warranty issues are being ignored. I am hoping you can help with this issue.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I am on my second Beyond 330 Fusion pair in less than 2 months. The problems I am having seem to be due to a connectivity issue. First, at random times the program would change from one to another on its own, out of the blue. I have turned off the Bluetooth connectivity to see if that eliminates that problem. I still have random popping and beeping in both ears. I don’t get any indication that the batteries are getting low except the HA start to work unusually. The people that I am dealing with at Hear.com and locally are excellent, but I am starting to think the software/connectivity has issues. For what these cost they are not working correctly.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was born with mild hearing loss which progressed to mild/moderate in college. I purchased Widex partially in the ear aids with a flexible spending account through insurance (not covered) and while the audio was great, I wished I had gotten BTEs because my ears felt blocked and itched. However my audiologist mentioned this is typical for this type of in-ear aid and we confirmed it with test demo units from other brands. My aids lasted for 12 years with several in warranty repairs, and two out of warranty repairs for $250 each. Considering how long they lasted before the innards completely died I am very satisfied. I had the lowest end model for around $1500 each because of my financial situation. Unfortunately, I was not able to afford new ones for a few years and really missed them as my hearing loss progressed to moderate.

This year I discovered that my insurance covers the purchase of aids every three years as long as I meet my deductible, so I purchased some BTE models (not sure of the model name) and my insurance paid $7500 while I paid $125. The sound quality is just what I expected and has definitely improved since 15 years ago. I have found that my aids pick up sound from my iPhone better when it is on speaker mode than from the receiver but I did not purchase the Com-dex yet. I recently had to replace the receivers for both aids and drove my husband nuts with asking for repeats and misunderstood words while I waited for an appointment with my audiologist.

I have really struggled without them because my hearing loss is moderate to severe now and I had to change from phone technical support (work) to chat technical support (work) career because amplified headphones just did not do enough amplifying with the old aids. Now with the BTEs I think I could go back to phone work because they work flawlessly with typical over the ear headphones. Also my ears don't feel plugged and they itch much less with the small earpiece style of the BTEs.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased pair of Widex hearing aids in Jan. 2016 through Hearing of America LLC in Minnesota. Models U4ssg. Since beginning I have had to go back multiple times to dispenser for adjustments. Whistling in both ears when ear gets close to anything including collar. Forget about wearing a warm cap that covers ears. Now I cannot use the music application (I am a musician) as I get constant whistle. Technician has tried numerous attenuators to correct problem with no appreciable change. I had them sent back to Widex a couple months ago as the left would stop working and the two aids were not in communication with each other. They were serviced and maybe repaired. That was not clear.

So I have spent hundreds of dollars at the Dispenser adjusting with very little improvement although he tries hard each time to fix the problem. When they were sent in for repairs the dispenser rented me a pair of Resound aids. Wow they worked so much better. NO whistling!! Widex, one of the most expensive products (over $ 5,300) and I am stuck with them. Not a good deal.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It's been a year since fitted with pair of behind ear aids 440 model. To this day I have not been able to wear them full time. No matter what setting I can't hear people at my table or when I'm driving. It feels like headphones mufflers. I had better luck with pair of Siemens except had to return them due to blockage in ear. Total waste of $7400.00.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

The woman who fitted my husband told him to get either Widex or another brand. He got the ones that go behind the ear from Widex because they didn’t show and were the higher tech with the pendant and features for Bluetooth and the weather. He’s an engineer so he liked all the little bells and whistles. They are his first ones and he says they’re good. They were very expensive but he might as well get the ones that would work and now he can hear better. One doesn’t have to ask and repeat things so many times to him. It’s easier on me and he can also get more out of conversations and the television.

My husband has some problems with his hands due to nerve damage and the hearing aids are a little bit tiny so they're hard for him to put in. He also doesn’t like that they get clogged up with ear wax easily and the batteries go out so fast. We called customer service a couple of times and they dealt with whatever the issues were right away and we talked to a gentleman who was really helpful. The whole experience has been fine, professional, and pleasant.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Behind-the-ear hearing aids were recommended and are easy to handle for me so I got them from Widex and they are much better than the ones I used before. I like that I can increase and decrease the sound and that I can adjust the sound in a restaurant. The price is a little steep but it works very well.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I went with the behind-the-ear device because it’s easy and I don’t like the big thing in the ear. I like the little remote that I can carry in my purse and I can adjust it in noisy places. I also like the feature of being able to change stations on it. The quality is excellent and I like my Widex hearing aids better than my old brand but I’m ready to have them tuned up. They’re not doing very well right now because of the progression of my hearing. Also, they’re all over-priced.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

When I had a surgery in the '80s and '70s I was told that a hearing aid would never help. I wish I could hear better but my surgery is different than most people’s hearing problems because I had a bone missing. It’s called a stapedectomy. So I just tried Widex and it does help some. A lot of people told me to get it while others said they’d rather go to Costco. All hearing aids are too expensive and we picked the middle of the line. I have other friends who have this line and they like it too.

I have a brown piece over the ear and a rubber tip in the ear and because of my inner ear it was really hard for me to learn how to put it in but once I did it was very simple. I’m very happy with my device and I like to put it on during parties a lot to make things clearer. I've had more quality and my kids are very happy that I did this so I don’t have to pretend, answer wrong and get in trouble. When you hear better you don’t act quite so ignorant. I was going to call them because the little white case that they sent me to clean the wax out, which I have a lot of problem with, when the envelope came it was ripped and I think one or so of those fell out. I was going to ask for more but I really appreciate that they send those to me. I think that’s great.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I have Widex Hearing Aids and I chose the one that's in the ear and it’s been satisfactory. I went in for one adjustment and they were very quick to give me an appointment and to do the adjustment at no charge. They adjusted the sound for a louder environment and when I came out, the hearing aid worked just fine and it also made my wife happy. Kelly, the office manager, went out of her way to be helpful, and they also gave me batteries with it for two years. I’m 85 years old and I don’t treat things hard but the quality is satisfactory. I’d probably buy the same model again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

WE bought Widex Dream 4 years ago. They are wonderful but we have had so much trouble when we need adjustments or help with them. Now the last time we were in to our Dr she said it would cost 250 dollars for each one to have fixed. We paid over 4000 dollars for these hearing aids and just can't afford to pay that much for repair so soon. We just need some advice.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Widex was recommended to me by Scripps Clinic and the two different Widex reps I've worked with have been very good. If I was paying out of pocket I would be looking for one that was not quite as expensive but the majority cost of both my hearing aids were covered by insurance. I got the the behind-the-ear device because it was fairly compact and not very noticeable. I like the ability to have the different programs and the hearing aids have helped me hear my spouse and talk to friends much better in like a restaurant. The only disadvantage is I don't hear music as well. If I have a radio on I know I’m not getting a lot of that sound. But overall Widex appears to be a very quality-oriented company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Widex is the only place that does the testing and fitting right in our town. They were the closest provider so I went to them. When I bought the in-the-ear hearing aid I was assured that I could bring it back in within a number of days and they'll return my money. I tried the hearing aid just before that time was up. I didn’t enjoy the experience and I wanted my money back and they wouldn’t do it even if they had promised they would. They said I’d had it a long time but I hadn’t had it as long as they had said that I could keep it and then bring it back. Otherwise I would’ve brought it sooner. So I just used the hearing aid up to the end of that period and then didn’t use it again. There was nothing about the experience I liked after they wouldn’t give me my money back. They seemed pretty professional up to that point. I’m very disappointed with the company and the people I dealt with.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi William, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to learn of you experience with a distributor of our products in your area. It seems there may have been a simple misunderstanding that we can hopefully help to resolve. Could you please private message us with the serial numbers of your hearing aids and we can reach out to the dispensing clinic on your behalf. Thank you

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I got Widex hearing aids and they're good. I have it behind my ear and it has good features that are better than my old ones. The Bluetooth interface into my iPhone is my favorite. But I was very disappointed in their inability to suppress background noise directly from behind me. I think that's called the front focus effect. That's a major complaint which is a serious complaint. It's the major reason for hearing aids. Also Widex is also pricey.

Widex USA Hearing Technology expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1956, Widex is a hearing aid manufacturer based in Denmark. Widex is a hearing aid industry leader, ranking among the top six manufacturers worldwide. Its products are sold through independent clinical practices in over 100 countries. Widex specializes in innovative digital technology. In fact, Widex invented the first digital in-the-ear hearing aid.

• Product selection: Widex offers solutions for many hearing issues, including tinnitus, single-sided deafness and more. It carries a wide selection of in-the-ear and over-the-ear devices to suit your needs. Widex also offers a line of hearing aids, called UNIQUE, that connect wirelessly to a communication device called a COM-DEX to stream telephone calls, music and more.

• Range of options for children and babies: Most hearing aid companies offer one or two models that are appropriate for use with children. Widex, however, offers a line of aids for children to optimize sound quality. Widex has also created a hearing aid specifically for babies for a secure, safe fit on the smallest patients.

• Made for iPhone: The Widex Beyond is a new model of hearing aid made specifically to interface with the iPhone. The Beyond app allows you to swipe through intuitive commands such as volume controls, changing between sound programs and streaming music.

• Customer support: You will be fitted for your Widex hearing aids at an independent clinic, such as an audiologist or ENT office, and your hearing professional can help you with most questions related to your hearing aids. For questions specifically about the device, you can contact the Widex customer support team through their website.

• Helpful website: You can utilize the Widex website to find information about hearing loss, take a free online hearing test and locate a Widex distributor near you. You can also download brochures, manuals and more, or find information on hearing aid care.

• Best for: aging listeners, people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and children with hearing difficulties.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information

Widex USA Hearing Technology
185 Commerce Drive
Hauppauge
NY
www.widex.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business