It's that easy Request Information
2.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1956 in Denmark, Widex has become one of the world's largest hearing aid manufacturers. Customer service and superior products are the top priorities for the company as a whole and the more than 4,000 employees worldwide.

Let Widex help change the way you and your loved ones hear the world.

View More View More

124 Widex Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I recently purchased Widex Evoke for both ears. Need additional answers I did not understand from audiologist. There are a couple of things about the sound sense program. When going thru the setup, it would be a lot more user-friendly if I can name my favorites. I.e. Shopping, church, TV, theatre, one on one conversation. Not worth it to go thru so many "favorites" without remembering what the are. Secondly, if these are so intuitive, how can they possibly know & adjust when I have no way to teach them?

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The hearing aids were provided by the Veterans Adm. about 1.5 years ago. They worked for about 3 months. They have been sent back to Widex, for repair, at least 3 times and been replaced once. They work for about 1 hour then fail. They will not stay connected to my iPhone. At my last visit to audiology about 2 months ago my audiologist contacted Widex for about the 4th or 5th time and Widex finally admitted that they have a software problem. To date it has not been resolved! The V.A. has decided to place them in the secular file and is going to issue new ones from a different manufacturer.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Richard, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We are disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered and would be more than willing to help provide a resolution. If interested, please private message us with the serial #s of those hearing aids so we can reach out to your specialist. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Prior experience with hearing aids was bad enough so that I was discouraged from even wearing them. Tired of trying new ones as all seemed same. Background noise was overwhelming in crowd situations. Sound quality was poor and unpleasant. When my ENT recommended CROS, the concept seemed sensible with my uneven hearing loss. Almost no usable hearing in left ear, quite a bit of usable hearing in right ear. Audiologist at Texas ENT has been super in optimizing settings. I'm very happy with my new Widex aids.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Charlotte, we are so glad to learn of your satisfaction with your Widex hearing aids. If there is anything we can do in the future to support you please let us know. All the best to you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased my Widex Beyond hearing aids in April of 2018. At first they were great. I could hear so much more than I could with my older pair from Rexton. That soon changed within my trial period. First the right one would go totally off and then pop back on in a minute which was annoying. Then the right one would only stay charged for a couple of hours. I thought it might be the charger and changed it to the other side but that didn’t help. Then the left one began to stay charged for only a few hours. When this happens you are showing 100% charge then all of a sudden your hearing is gone and the hearing aid is showing 0%. Family Hearing Center in Knoxville was great every time I went in. They checked the charger, no problem. They contacted Widex who had them sent back.

A couple of weeks later I had the hearing aids back with new doors. Again they worked great at first but same old problems. I even tried them without the phone to see if that was the problem which it was not. They were checked, adjusted or whatever and still a problem. The right one was the main problem. I again took them back to Knoxville, a 40 minute drive one way, and they decided to send the right one back to be replaced and I insisted they both should be replaced since they both had problems. Again a wait to ship out and a new pair back in. During this time you are wearing a pair of loaners that are not connected to your phone and not extremely clear. I have now had the new pair about a month or a little more and two days ago the left hearing aid suddenly lost charge, yesterday the right hearing aid remained charged for 5 hours and today about 7.

I was in a Restaurant when one went out and a family get together when the other lost charge. It is beyond frustrating to suddenly lose most of your hearing in these situations. I have made sure my iPhone has the latest updates. My hearing aids are cleaned and well cared for. I took out a loan of $5,000.00 to pay for this defective product. After reading all of these reviews with the same problems I have three questions: 1. Has Widex issued a recall on these hearing aids? 2. Is there a class action suit in process? 3. Is Widex issuing a refund on the defective products?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Sandy, thank you for reaching out and we are disappointed to hear of your inconveniences with your Widex hearing aids. However, we do think we can help to resolve the issue/ situation. Could you please private message us with the serial #s of the devices for us to research the issues and troubleshoot with your hearing clinic? Thank you

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Truth in advertising is hugely important as is making certain your $6,000 hearing aids work as advertised upon shipment, especially to big Universities like UCLA. I have spent 10 hrs of drive time and have only been able to use my partially operational devices 8 of the 18 days I have had them because three devices have been sent in as defective. Before you make broad claims on changing the industry deliver technology that works as promised. Then compensate us for time and travel time lost.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Tony, thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconveniences that you have encountered. Though we are confident that we can resolve your issue as to ensure you receive the full benefit from your investment in hearing technology. Can you please private message us the serial #s of your hearing aids for us to reach out to your clinic to help in troubleshooting? Thank you

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The aids pick up 360 degrees...the 'focus' is not very functional. The special programs the user can make are limited. The service is terrible if you leave the area from where you purchased. We paid $6,000+ for the two aids...with 3 years of service etc. We moved from the area and the service is NOT TRANSFERABLE to any other store...so the $3K for the service is out the window! The MFG should be the one to then step in and help.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I first started wearing my rechargeable Widex hearing aids, the supplied (gold batteries did not last an entire day) after being charged overnight. I started using a few of the store bought 312 batteries which seemed to last almost 3 days. I am trying to figure out the problem - is it batteries or hearing aids. Also when speaking on the iPhone using Bluetooth - how can I shut the Bluetooth off so another person can hear the conversation? I am at the point of shutting the Bluetooth off and using the phone NORMALLY. Am I missing something. When I purchased these hearing aids I didn't plan on these problems. I am trying to go back to my old aids (in the canal). At least they WORK.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My Widex Beyond hearing aids have greatly improved my hearing and I'm very pleased overall. I was excited to have the bluetooth connection feature to my iPhone 6 for phone calls and other streaming (IOS12, app version 1.2.2). First there's a loud click whenever the bluetooth connection. And when a phone call streams to hearing aids -if I've turned the volume down in noisy conditions, it resets the ambient sound level of the hearing aids to "normal" volume. Worse than that, certain phone apps seem to trigger the volume reset as well: for some reason Google Maps does (perhaps in anticipation of providing turn by turn directions); and Photos (perhaps in anticipation of streaming the sound from a movie?). In any case, it's sufficiently annoying that I normally keep bluetooth on my phone turned off. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your Widex hearing aids. Regarding those click noises, the cicks (beeps) you hear occur when the iPhone sends a volume change request, which may occur when your start streaming or begin a phone call. These beeps confirm that the volume was changed and helps the iPhone’s native hearing aid app and the Beyond app stay synced. When audio begins streaming to the hearing aids, the iPhone may set the volume back to the default level, and can only be adjusted after the audio starts streaming. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

When I received my hearing aids from a professional in Houston TX, the only programs included were Universal, Party, and Music. There was also a special program called Directional Focus. There was no manual supplied, so I just downloaded one from the Widex website. I was surprised to see there were many more programs, including Quiet, Comfort, Transport, Impact, and Zen. None of these were included with my new hearing aids. Are these downloadable by owners? Why were they omitted from my hearing aids?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Paul, thank you for reaching out and we are glad to share more information on the additional sound classes. So those programs must be added by the professional as part of the fitting. Depending upon the loss, lifestyle/listening needs of the user, along with counseling, the hearing professional chooses additional programs. The aids are highly adaptive, and they have within them (depending upon the device) a system called sound classes that assesses and classifies the input in the environment. Those classifications may include some or all of the programs referenced below. There are times that a special program dedicated to one of those classes is indicated. Hope that helps and please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

So far so good. My only complaint is that the TV streaming module is very much out of date. My 4-year old ReSound used the digital optical cable to connect to the TV. I was disappointed when I received my Widex TV interface to see the ancient Left and Right banana plugs. I read one complaint that it streams only to one ear. If this is true I am returning my Widex units. I also was disappointed to learn I would have to wear a unit around my neck to watch TV. The ReSound unit streamed directly to my ears without having to hang something around my neck. When will Widex get up to date with modern technology?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I had a brain tumor that left me completely deaf on my right side. I was told to try cross over hearing aids. They are suppose to transmit my right side hearing into my left ear. They worked good for a week or so. They have been sent in 6 times. Every time it’s is some lame excuse on why they failed. But they always fail. They last time they lasted a month. Once again they went completely dead. I am so fed up with them I did even bother to get them repaired again. My mother in law has a pair of regular hearing aids and they are rechargeable. They from day one would not hold a day's worth of charge and she has not been happy with them. A person is charged thousands of dollars for what from my experience is nothing but junk. But in today’s world the consumer gets screwed and the corporation prosper.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi James, thank you for sharing your experience and we are definitely here to help resolve your hearing aid issues. Can you please private message us with the serial number(s) for the hearing aids as to have our customer service team troubleshoot? Thank you

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have had my hearings aids for less than 1 month. They were broken Brand new out of the box. The left one would not charge, always crackling. And this was right after I picked them up. So I had to have them sent in for 2 weeks. I picked them up and the left speaker did not work at all. They replaced it, now only a few days later they are not connecting. The sound quality is bad, I still can't hear or understand what people are saying. Why make a product, charge prior all this money and not care if it works or not? I was sad I had to wear them in the first place, and now I have to deal with this. Less than 2 months the speaker has been replaced 3 times. I'm tired of this and frustrated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Rochelle, thank you for sharing your experience and we definitely want to help resolve the issues as it likely will be a simple fix. Do you still have the devices and, if so, could we work with you and your specialist to troubleshoot? Thank you

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I am a first-time hearing-aid user. I decided to spend the extra money on the Widex 440 as it was touted to be "top of the line." Within the first week the battery low tone came on, I replaced the batteries and within 2-days again the battery low tone came on. I then called the repair line at the Healthpartners Clinic and was told this was a "Known problem." Why wasn't I informed about this known problem when I purchased these (I took out a loan. They were so expensive). I insisted on a new pair, and the friendly audiologist team got approval. I picked up my new hearing aids 2-days ago and guess what? The battery low tone came on the day after I wore them, AND they are not adjusted right now to fit my ear. I am SOOOO frustrated. All the clinic can tell me is to bring them back and they will send them in on a "rush." How am I to know this will fix them? It hasn't even been 4 weeks. I would say be cautious and check around before you buy this brand.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Kim, thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing with your new purchase. We assure that we'll do all we can to remedy the issue as to ensure you'll receive optimal benefit from the hearing technology. Would you mind messaging us with the serial #s on the devices for us to research and reach out to your clinician on Monday?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Updated on 10/31/2018: Still waiting for response to my last comments from Widex. Widex promised a response but didn't follow up to my last comments. Cannot send request while in wait status within ConsumerAffairs system.

Original: I am in the trial period for Widex 440 hearing aids (very expensive). Although the hearing aid functionality and flexibility are impressive, the audio streaming functions with my iPhone that are promoted as best in class by Widex are extremely poor. All iPhone Bluetooth audio features are very poor. This includes mobile phone audio (most important) being muffled, intermittent, and very bad frequency response. Streaming audio podcasts, music, etc. being distorted (especially at low frequencies), and overall poor frequency response, and all other audio functions such as Netflix and other various audio sources. I tested my iPhone Bluetooth with other audio reproduction systems such as my Sony home theater system and sound quality is outstanding. My iPhone operating system is up to date. My audiologist had the devices replaced by Widex with identical results. Any advice would be appreciated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Carl, thank you for sharing your experience and we are disappointed to hear of your less than optimal results with the streaming feature. However, we do believe we can help resolve this for you rather easily. Would it be possible to have one of our technical support representatives contact you to troubleshoot? Thank you

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

When I first purchased the aids there were sounds that I had not heard for a while. Then squeals and hisses began. I was always told that it was wax. Just last Wednesday I had a cleaning and a calibration check. Less than ten minutes after leaving the office squeals started again. As I sit here if I turn my head squeals and hisses are heard. My daughter and grandchild say they squeal constantly and they have to talk louder or I will not hear them. I was told my next visit will incur a cost because of the number of trips I have made. There must be a refund or replacement at this point. Please help someone.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi John, thank you for sharing your experience and we would like to offer any support possible to ensure you get full benefit from your Widex hearing aid purchase. Could you please private message us with your hearing aid(s) serial number(s) to review the case history and speak with your specialist for possible resolutions on our end? Thank you

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

First of all these hearing aids (Evoke 110) are fantastic compared to the ones I just returned from another company after just 20 days of use. You basically get what you pay for. The only issue I have is paring them with my iPhone. The provider tried to pair them at her office and could not get them to pair. I have tried several times at home and still can't get them to pair. I followed the directions on Widex website but to no avail. Any help, guidance, tricks that will work, will be greatly appreciated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Jim, thank you for your review and reaching out regarding your troubles in pairing your Evoke hearing aids with your iPhone. This should be no problem to easily assist you with and we suggest you call our tech support team at 1.844.497.8844 open M - F from 9am until 5pm EST. Please let us know if that does not resolve your connectivity setup. Thank you

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My audiologist had always sold me another high end brand, and this time around suggested Widex Evoke. I am absolutely ecstatic with my new devices. The music is crystal clear and realistic, and a phone app with built in equalizer is really amazing. I can discriminate words very, very clearly, and my devices learn my environment if I change the volume in the same place 3 times. Way better than the top of the line ones I just got out of. To those people who gave poor reviews: make sure you have a well trained audiologist who knows the product. My audiologist had questions while I was being fitted, dialed Widex technicians who answered immediately, and in no time, answered the question and resolved the issue. Once fitted properly, I highly recommend these devices. Excellent! (I have been using another high end brand for over 15 years and change every 3 years to keep up with new technology.)

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My first experience with Hearing Aids started just a month ago. I’ve severe loss on right and profound on the left. I tried Lyric for a week and didn’t like the experience. I could define hear better, I didn’t like that I couldn’t take them out, couldn’t scratch an itch and was worried about being on motorcycle trips and them going deal while away.

I turned in Lyric after 1 week and went with Widex Evoke 440’s. I absolutely love them! I hear thing I’ve not heard in decades and I’m only 53 years old. Dinner Parties and Sales Meeting are so much easier nowadays. Everyone says they can’t see them, although that isn’t an issue for me. I don’t care what others think. I actually go out of my way to show all my friends my Evoke 440’s, talk about the app and their ability to switch modes and to learn. Widex... Thank You!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased these very expensive rechargeable hearing aids in February of 2018 and have had endless problems. First the left hearing aid kept going off (not enough charge). Widex sent me a "new" one. Then it continued doing the same thing after a couple of weeks. Finally, we sent both hearing aids and the charger back to Widex. Now, after about a month, BOTH hearing aids are not charging completely (only hold a charge for about 5 hours).

I have tried to see if it's the hearing aid (it is not because BOTH hearing aids just stop working randomly). Then I tried to see if it's maybe one of the "docking" slots on the charger (it is not, because I put them in exactly the same slot every night and BOTH hearing aids are giving me problems). Right now, I am just so fed up that I am just returning it ALL and going to try a different brand. By the way, I also tried NOT connecting them to my phone thinking the link might be inadvertently draining the battery (this has not remedied the situation, either). I AM SO FRUSTRATED.

Widex Hearing Aids response
Hi Heidi, thank you for sharing your experience and we would like to offer support to ensure full benefit from your purchase of Widex hearing technology. Could you please message us with the serial numbers for your hearing aids so we can review the case history and reach out to your specialist with troubleshooting tips or possibly a courtesy replacement for a new set.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

About two months or so ago I went into Genesis Hearing Clinic for a hearing test. After the test I was fitted with the Widex Beyond. I have had nothing but problems since day one. I have already been back to the clinic due to problems six times. Supposedly a new hearing aid pair was ordered. The new ones were no different, and I'm still having problems. There is absolutely no excuse for what I've gone through. I've been back to the clinic because of what I called beeping, it was constant. The audiologist worked on the aids, and I left hoping everything would be okay now. Wrong. It was short lived. Then I had a constant squealing, so again back to the clinic.

Again, more changes. Then two days ago it was so loud I had to jerk them out of my ears. I could not control the sound with the button on the aids, and I don't have my cell phone with me at all times. While visiting my daughter, in front of her TV, I could not clearly hear what was being said, and once again without my cell phone right there, I was unable to control the sound. Now again I am going into the clinic because of all the problems. This is beyond ridiculous, and absolutely no excuse for it.

I have worn hearing aids since December 1991, and have never had such problems. I traded in my Resound when I got these Widex. I had worn that aid for years with no problems. The only problem I ever experienced was it was too loud in certain restaurants. I took the aid to Hearing Aid Express, and they corrected it and I never experienced another problem. I am so sorry I went to the Widex Hearing Aid Clinic, and all I want is a refund of monies, and not have to deal with these problems again. Enough is enough. $5,000.00 is a lot of money to dole out and experience the problems I have had. The only satisfactory outcome here is a refund although the audiologist informed me it's past the 30 days. I think having to return for adjustments or corrections six times already should be sufficient to make this refund.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased the Widex Beyond 330’s in March 2018, due to failing a CDL physical because I couldn’t hear a whisper at even 1 foot away. I have moderate hearing loss in the left ear, and profound loss in the right ear, with the added problem of tinnitus. The audiologist recommended the Beyond 330’s because of the iPhone compatibility and the versatility of other product connectivity, such as the Com-Dex and the apps. The aids worked well for about 2-3 months, then started randomly increasing and decreasing the volume on their own, it goes to extremely loud for a few seconds and then it goes back down to normal. I usually have an extremely difficult time understanding what someone directly in front of me is saying because of over-amplified background noises. The clarity sometimes is no better than a $10 amplifier that I tried earlier.

The Com-Dex is a great concept when it works properly, but it has a lot of downfalls. It has no on-off switch, no volume control button, and I have to hold it in front of my mouth for the other person to hear me speak. The volume can only be adjusted with the phone buttons after a call is in place. And plugging a loop cord together while driving a semi truck can be dangerously tricky, since the Bluetooth doesn’t stay connected very well. (The phone is less than an arm's reach away.)

It also loses connection when I put the phone in my pants pocket in to order to talk and work. I’ve mentioned all these issues to the audiologist, with little to no resolution. I’m really disappointed that such a highly regarded and expensive hearing aid is no better than this. I would like some helpful advice as to getting these aids working properly because I can’t afford to lose my career as a truck driver. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Widex and Widex Beyond do not improve my hearing acuity at all. The aids do enhance the volume but louder is not enough. With the Beyond, I hoped I would have a better experience, but have been sorely disappointed. I continue to have to ask the speaker to repeat words. I hear the sound but cannot decipher the words at times. In a large room, with one person talking, I do not understand much of what is being said.

I have tried to adjust the Sound menu many, many times especially to understand the dialogue on the TV, but to no avail. I was not given any instructions regarding Treble, Bass, Middle Presets. Considering the advanced technology of the aids, the expertise of the audiologist, and the cost to the consumer it seems reasonable to expect individualized instructions. I recently purchased TV ears for $125.00 from Amazon. They work perfectly! I can hear the tv normally - acuity is great, words are crystal clear - without Widex in my ears. I am baffled. Why do one-size-fits-all tv ears work so well and customed designed Widex hearing aids that cost 1000s of dollars do not? On the plus side, they do decrease tinnitus so I wear them for that purpose.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Several years ago my wife purchased your hearing aids for approximately $3500.00. She found them totally unsatisfactory. I then had them re-adjusted for myself, and once again totally unsatisfactory. The warranty is long gone but your product is junk.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Richard, very sorry to hear of your experience with your aged hearing aids. Typically the products last around 5 years but many people chose to upgrade to new technology sooner. If you can private message us with the serial #s we can investigate any possible solutions for you. Thank you

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Purchased these hearing aids in April 2018. So far the left has had to be repaired/replaced. The right stopped working and we were told it was ear wax. Left on a one month vacation and after 2 weeks it stopped working again. Now the audiologist is telling us we bought an entry level hearing aid and we should really upgrade. If we upgrade, it certainly will not be Widex brand.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Faye, we are disappointed to hear of your recent issues with your hearing aids. If you can please private message us with your serial numbers we'd be more than happy to help in resolving to ensure you get proper benefit from your purchase. Thank you

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I absolutely love my hearing aids. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them all day. I never wore my old hearing aids all day because they were not comfortable. A good part of the day they were sitting in a dish on my counter. I always felt them in my ears. Now I hear so much better. I am more confident listening either to one person or in a group. Recently, I was in a restaurant and did not experience any difficulty hearing the people at my table. I wore the same style of hearing aids for 23 years and didn't realize just how much I was missing until I purchased my Evoke 440's. I also like that I can adjust them with my phone. I'm just sorry I didn't know about Evoke's sooner. I will be a Widex customer forever.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Cheryl, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear of your delight with our products. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to reach out at anytime. Thank you

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I love my Evoke 440 hearing aids. I finally feel like I can engage in any type of listening environment. I struggled with noisy restaurants and loud music in the background. Since I have had my Evoke devices I can now understand the conversations going on at the dinner table. I am also glad I do not have to go back to audiologist often for any adjustments. The hearing aids adapt to any listening situation I am in meetings, restaurants, and social gatherings.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased Widex Hearing Aids a year ago at a cost of $5,000.00. The main reason I purchased them is because they claimed they were the only hearing aids designed for the iPhone. They did initially work reasonably with the iPhone but over the last 6 months they cannot maintain connectivity. When they lose connectivity the volume declines substantially. I contacted Widex several times and they can only say they are working on the problem. In the meantime I do presentations to large groups as a part of my job which I will lose if this problem keeps up. What makes the problem worse is that my health plan forced me to purchase through Amplifon and they just do not understand the difference between a trial period and defective products.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Dennis, thank you for reaching out and it is unfortunate to hear of your issues with the connectivity. However, recent firmware updates should easily resolve those occurrences for you. Would it be possible to have you be put in touch with one of our tech support representatives to remedy? Thank you

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I wore Widex Hearing Aids for 12 years and had hardly any problem. However, they gradually lost their ability to correct my hearing so I purchased the Widex Beyond 440 in April. I have severe tinnitus and moderate hearing loss, so I was happy to try out the Zen program. I wore this pretty continuously until 2 weeks ago (August). When I returned to my audiologist thinking one of the earring aids had stopped working, she informed me it was my ears which had stopped working! I had a "significant" change in hearing after a relatively stable hearing loss for 12 years! I still have not gotten into seeing the specialist, but I had no sudden exposure to loud sound or infection. Has this pattern ever happened before? The Zen program was programmed by my PhD audiologist. Now I am afraid to use it.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Shannon, thank you for reaching out. We understand your concern and confusion and would like to help remedy. Would it be possible for one our our customer support representatives to get in touch with you and your specialist to help try to further assist in resolving the issue for your Zen tinnitus program? Thank you

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought my Widex behind the ear hearing aids and while they were still under warranty the transmitters in both aids had to be replaced. I thought it strange that something that cost €6,000 would have parts that seemed to go so quickly. This was something I made known to the audiologist. These aids, I can assure you are looked after extremely well. Each evening they are cleaned and placed in the dry box (the tables are replaced on a regular basis). Filters and rubber tips are also replaced each month. A year later and I am now out of warranty when the right transmitter goes, I fought paying the €190 it cost to replace and stated I wanted the aids checked as I felt there was a problem somewhere that this was happening.

According to Widex no problems were detected. A couple of months down the line and now the left transmitter has given up!!! I contacted my audiologist who in turn contacted Widex. Their reply...I am out of warranty and there is nothing they can do. What a lovely way to treat customers. There is clearly something wrong as this now looks like it is an annual event. During the initial session with the company I purchased the aids from nobody made me aware that the transmitters would need to be replaced on such a regular basis. The bottom line now is I have hearing aids which are absolutely no good to me.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Dear Marie. Thank you for your message. We apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing. We have been in contact with your Audiologist to investigate further and they are keen to support you and resolve the issues you are experiencing. Please contact them directly to arrange a convenient time to call in where they will rectify the problem immediately and will provide you with options to ensure you get the best experience from your hearing aids going forward.

Original review: July 26, 2018

First I like my Widex hearing aids. What my issue is that I have to keep reinstalling the Beyond app to my iPhone model 5c. Sometimes both hearing aids connect, sometimes only the left hearing aid does. Also when using the Bluetooth connectivity to hear phone conversations, the iPhone automatically switches to FaceTime then drops the call completely. So help please. I have the latest version of the app installed on my iPhone.

Widex USA Hearing Technology expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1956, Widex is a hearing aid manufacturer based in Denmark. Widex is a hearing aid industry leader, ranking among the top six manufacturers worldwide. Its products are sold through independent clinical practices in over 100 countries. Widex specializes in innovative digital technology. In fact, Widex invented the first digital in-the-ear hearing aid.

• Product selection: Widex offers solutions for many hearing issues, including tinnitus, single-sided deafness and more. It carries a wide selection of in-the-ear and over-the-ear devices to suit your needs. Widex also offers a line of hearing aids, called UNIQUE, that connect wirelessly to a communication device called a COM-DEX to stream telephone calls, music and more.

• Range of options for children and babies: Most hearing aid companies offer one or two models that are appropriate for use with children. Widex, however, offers a line of aids for children to optimize sound quality. Widex has also created a hearing aid specifically for babies for a secure, safe fit on the smallest patients.

• Made for iPhone: The Widex Beyond is a new model of hearing aid made specifically to interface with the iPhone. The Beyond app allows you to swipe through intuitive commands such as volume controls, changing between sound programs and streaming music.

• Customer support: You will be fitted for your Widex hearing aids at an independent clinic, such as an audiologist or ENT office, and your hearing professional can help you with most questions related to your hearing aids. For questions specifically about the device, you can contact the Widex customer support team through their website.

• Helpful website: You can utilize the Widex website to find information about hearing loss, take a free online hearing test and locate a Widex distributor near you. You can also download brochures, manuals and more, or find information on hearing aid care.

• Best for: aging listeners, people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and children with hearing difficulties.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information