2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Widex Hearing Aids

Widex Hearing Aids
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5

Founded in 1956 in Denmark, Widex has become one of the world's largest hearing aid manufacturers. Customer service and superior products are the top priorities for the company as a whole and the more than 4,000 employees worldwide.

Let Widex help change the way you and your loved ones hear the world.

BOTTOM LINE

Widex has 10 different types of technically advanced hearing aids in both BTE and ITE styles. Although cost isn't listed, Widex states they can provide three levels of advancement for the budget-minded.

PROS

• Advanced app controls
  • Fantastic customer service ratings
  • Large selection of both BTE- and ITE-style aids

CONS

• No direct purchase from website

Top Widex Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

I absolutely love my hearing aids. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them all day … I hear so much better. I am more confident listening either to one person or in a group. Recently, I was in a restaurant and did not experience any difficulty hearing the people at my table.

My audiologist had always sold me another high end brand, and this time around suggested Widex Evoke. I am absolutely ecstatic with my new devices. The music is crystal clear and realistic, and a phone app with built in equalizer is really amazing.

Widex hearing aids

Widex provides both behind-the-ear (BTE) and in-the-ear (ITE) styles; however, these styles have options to make the aid more discrete. To further disguise the devices, the standard ITE aid has the completely-in-canal (CIC) style, and the BTE aid has the receiver-in-ear (RIE) and a receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aid styles.

There are several Widex hearing aid accessories that make Widex a great buy. Widex’s Acclimatization Program helps first-time users slowly adjust to the new sounds they will be hearing. The Widex Zen program, which helps to manage the effects of tinnitus, also gets good reviews. Their Audibility Extender is designed to help wearers hear more high-pitched sounds. Every Widex hearing aid has a 30-day trial period. Hearing tests are available online.

Widex provides three models in both BTE and ITE styles: the UNIQUE, the EVOKE and the BEYOND.

• The UNIQUE model is geared for the more active individual. The unit provides a wider sound range to cover both soft and loud, better wind noise reduction, and sound isolation technology that will focus on pronounced sounds while silencing the softer noises.
    • Widex states the EVOKE is the “world's first smart hearing aid.” Widex SoundSense Technology within the unit measures anonymous data gathered from your listening experiences and personalizes your hearing experience. For instance, the EVOKE can recognize if you are indoors or outside.
    • The BEYOND model focuses on its integration with the personalized BEYOND app. With this app, you can individually adjust the volume between two hearing aids, control the directionality of the microphone and choose between clarity and comfort, all in the palm of your hand.

Widex hearing aids cost

Widex does not publish their hearing aid prices on their website — this is a fairly common practice in the hearing aid industry, especially for companies that do not sell their hearing aids directly. To learn more about Widex hearing aid prices, it’s best to speak to a Widex representative. We were able to find pricing from Widex dealers and have published them in the chart below.

ModelPrice
    Widex UNIQUE$1,200–$1,500
    Widex BEYOND$1,299–$2,400
    Widex EVOKE$1,399–$1,799

How to buy Widex hearing aids

Widex doesn’t sell their devices directly to the consumer, but you can still reach out to a Widex representative to learn more about which Widex hearing aid will be the best fit for you. Make sure to have a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. This will help the Widex representative know which hearing aid is appropriate for your level of hearing loss. From there, they can direct you to a Widex hearing aid dealer who sells the hearing aid you need.

Do we recommend Widex hearing aids?

We recommend Widex hearing aids. They have an extensive range of hearing aid styles that come with stylish, compatible apps for easy hearing aid control. Their customer service also receives high praise. We are happy to recommend them to those looking for a high-tech hearing aid.

Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex Hearing Aids?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Original review: June 4, 2020

Purchased the latest/greatest Moment HA and was expecting an amazing experience all around. While I am pleased with my ability to now hear everything around me with great clarity under most conditions, I am less than pleased with poor streaming of music and podcasts to my HA. Unless my cell phone is less than 24 inches from my HA, audio fades in and out resulting in a terrible experience. My audiologist was able to return my original pair thinking that the antenna was defective. Received a new replacement pair today and there was no improvement. I contacted Widex technical support and was told they have heard from others with this problem and they are working on a software and firmware update. They could not say when the issue would be corrected. Needless to say I am very disappointed and may return the hearing aids and consider another company. For almost $7,500, I would expect better.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your experience and we understand the inconvenience. Fortunately in the coming month, we will have a firmware update to resolve that issue. A notification will come through the app to alert you when the free firmware update is ready to update your hearing aids. Thank you

Original review: April 4, 2020

WIDEX SUCKS!!!! At this time of uncertainty and closed businesses, they are hassling me to pay up. People are dying, businesses are closed, no money is coming in and these people sit around, get a paycheck and squeeze the little people for money. DISGRACEFUL! You should be ASHAMED of yourselves.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Zvia, can you explain the situation more please? Much alike automobiles, we don't own the dealerships or set any pricing. Happy to help resolve your situation. Thank you

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I have worn hearing aids for 25 years. Before my Widex I had Phonak. Because my tech was convinced that the Widex were better I bought a pair and gave my Phonak to my wife. In terms of hearing I do not find a noticeable difference between the two. BUT in terms of using my bluetooth to watch TV, my Phonak were far superior to the Widex. Unfortunately my wife refuses to give them back so I am stuck. At 85 I hope I don't have to buy anymore but if I do they will be Phonak instead of Widex. I would not recommend your product even though we have the best and most patient service provider ever in Chris Adams at Adams Hearing Aid Specialists, Clayton, GA.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Richard, thank you for reaching out and we’re sorry you are experiencing issues. Could you please send a private message with your serial number so we can investigate? Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I took the time to fill out their required info and zipcode for a free trial inclusive of my zipcode, they did send my inquiry to Harbor Audiology and they could not see me because I do not have health insurance (as stated for extra benefits) and because they require a hearing exam within 6 months of booking an appointment. I was unable to have a free trial. How can we try your product without spending a lot of unnecessary monies for your retailers? I am deaf and know I am deaf!!! This is unfair to me. What do you say here?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I am very happy with my improved hearing I’m experiencing from my Widex Evoke hearing aids. I use the TV Play device which streams directly to my hearing aids when watching television. Now everyone in the room can listen to the TV at normal volume and I can enjoy the program. I also like the fact that my cell phone stream to my hearing aids which has greatly improved my ability to hear callers. I hear conversations in crowded areas much better with my aids. Overall my hearing aids have improved the quality of my life. In addition, they are very comfortable and sometimes I forget to remove them before going to bed. My batteries last about a week.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I have had my Widex for a few years now. I have had the Bluetooth repaired and finally replaced a while back. I would wish for 2 things. Always on “party” rather than universal. The Bluetooth necklace to be about 2” shorter or better yet, part of the hearing aids themselves.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Beltone charged extra for what should have been standard features. My first brand was so bad I forgot their name. This is my third hearing aid and I can honestly say it has features I didn't even realize were useful let alone an option because of my previous hearing aids. I encourage ANYONE who has had a poor experience or less than amazing hearing aid to try Widex brand hearing aids. They are a life changing experience. (Because of mine a man in another state now has hearing aids because he never realized how much he could benefit from them until I shared my video that morning.)

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I am very happy with my hearing aids, and as a result my husband and many of our friends and relatives are also lucky enough to be wearing Widex, too. I had tinnitus and was not able to distinguish between a few letters that sounded similar. I am happy to say that since wearing Widex hearing aids I no longer have those problems.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

My hearing aid stop working and had hard time to find nearby audiologist who will accept the Widex brands and finally found one who will take my hearing aid and shipped out to manufacturer. The other was asking for payment which I should not to pay because it was under the warranty and I could not shipped out directly. It had to be done by audiologist? It was fixed by manufacturer and one thing they did not fix it was the little plastic thing was broken and they did not replace it even I requested was willing to pay for it while it is in repair and now I have hard time to pull out my hearing aid. I gave 3 star only.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Massoud, thank you for your feedback. We'd like to look into this. Can you please send us a private message with your serial number and clinic name you worked with? Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

They're great. A huge upgrade from the garbage hearing aids I had before. Literally changed my life. They do screech occasionally if a bead of sweat or a raindrop hits them in the wrong place. And once every few months they'll screech for seemingly no reason. But then I just turn them off for a while and let them dry and they're fine again. The 'paint' on the side that touches my skin is flaking off, but that's superficial.

Widex USA Hearing Technology author review by Shelley Webb

With 11 models available, Widex helps anyone with mild to profound hearing loss. These hearing aids are available in all styles, including a custom model. Financing may be available, so be sure to discuss it with your local provider.

• Products: This company sells 11 models of hearing aids, including receiver-in-canal, behind-the-ear, completely-in-canal, in-the-ear and in-the-canal styles. Program adjustment apps, tinnitus apps, volume remote control and TV devices are available for purchase, as well.

• Features: All models but the completely-in-canal MICRO model have wireless connectivity and telecoil, and every style has controllable sound options via an app. Other features include iPhone compatibility and designs for people with single-sided deafness.

• Trial and warranty: Free trials are available from Widex. Fill out its online form to receive more information about hearing aids.

• Locations: Widex providers are located all over the country. Fill out an interest form with your ZIP code to match with a local provider.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information