It's that easy Request Information
2.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1956 in Denmark, Widex has become one of the world's largest hearing aid manufacturers. Customer service and superior products are the top priorities for the company as a whole and the more than 4,000 employees worldwide.

Let Widex help change the way you and your loved ones hear the world.

View More View More

144 Widex Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 12, 2019

I have been using hearing aids since I was 7 years old. I used to have hearing aids for my left ear. My hearing on the right was low but I always opted to not get one for it even though my audiologist suggested that I get one but it got me fine throughout the years. Anyway, 3 years back I got the Widex Super 440. It was sooo amazing. I heard sounds which I couldn’t hear before. I heard the birds chirping for the first time, the clock ticking etc. Within a month, the receiver gave up but my audiologist got it replaced as it was within the warranty. Then 2 months later it gave up again. The receiver stopped working. Got it replaced again then it went fine for the next 7 months.

It was then in a hospital where I worked as a surgeon I felt a need that I should get a hearing aid for my right ear too as it was hard catching multiple voices of the people (nurses, OT technician, anesthesiologist, my fellow surgeons) in the theatre during the surgeries. Then I got the Super 440 for my right ear too (audiologist said that my directionality will improve and yes it did). Anyway, guess what? The receiver of my new aid stopped working too after some months.

Long story short I had 5 receivers replaced in total up til now (I had to pay for 4 of them). The amazing part is that I am abroad at the moment for a conference furiously typing this review because you probably guessed it right... My right aid's receiver is gone!! I don’t know what to do anymore... I really want to smash it against a wall right now. I got off the phone with my audiologist and he said we will have a discussion when it get back. I have my eyes on the Evoke 440 but I am skeptical about it. I can’t bear the issues of having my receivers changed on a daily basis. Widex sounds are amazing. It’s just the reliability issues I am having with the receiver.

POINTS TO BE NOTED: 2 receivers had stopped working completely. The rest wasn’t delivering the sound properly. I mean that their output became so low that replacing it solved the issue (My audiologist said that it became faulty). One thing that I learned is, you get the signs that your receiver is becoming faulty is that it would sometimes stop working when certain sounds are made. For example, a door shutting loudly, cardiac monitor beeping, a car honking next to you etc will cause your hearing aid to go off. Then you have to remove it and turn it off and then turn it on (does not always work) and then it will start working until it decides to die completely.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Few days back I submitted 2 aids at Jalandhar center for service. Left-AID was having loose wire (otherwise working fine) and right AID was working perfectly fine

I received call from them (local dealer) that these will cost about 60000 Rs for repair as their amplifier has failed. I am really surprised that i sent them in working condition, no problem with their amplifier. I doubt they are creating this problem as to sell new model as few months back they made similar offer. Hearing aid serial nos - 111354, 111168.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Never had hearing aids before and was very hesitant to get them. They are amazing in the fact that I can actually have a conversation in a crowded loud room. I had an iPhone and the steaming and user friendliness was awesome. I just switched to the Pixel 3xl and cannot figure out for the life of me how to get my Spotify to stream through my hearing aids.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Sam, thank you for sharing your experience and we're glad to hear you are getting much benefit from your new hearing aid technology. As far as connecting your new phone, we have a dedicated support line for assistance. Thank you

Original review: April 7, 2019

While I absolutely love my Widex aids, the right one constantly leaves a black residue in my ear. I have not been able to wear the aid for the past few days because the ear is blistered, and I am cleaning more and more black out of it. The left hearing aid does not do this. I notice the hole at the end of the inner ear part has a black ring around it where the white plug goes--whatever that black is is seeping into my ear.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have had a Widex Hearing Aid for my Right ear for 7 months d/t sudden SNHL. No matter what setting I use, I experience feedback whenever I touch the hearing aid or whenever someone or something comes close to my ear. This is very annoying. So far I have not been able to find a remedy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Original review: March 17, 2019

ON the whole, I'm very satisfied with my hearing aids. I have never worn any before so I really don't have any comparison. One issue I continued to have is that while streaming the left hearing aid would periodically go silent. It didn't last long usually and would come back. Yesterday, the left hearing aid no longer connects to bluetooth. I've shut them off several times and it doesn't have any impact. Curious if anyone else has had this problem and if they found a way to reconnect just the one side?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Ever since I got these hearing aids in June 2016 I have not found them all that great for the most part. In fact, last year, my the volume (quality of sound) in my left hearing aid had decreased quite a bit. Based on his assessment of my hearing and my ear canal, the hearing aid specialist who initially fitted me, and sold me the hearing aids, suggested that I get custom ear tips/earmolds for the hearing aids (Widex Unique model U-FS) and also advocated that I might want to get an extra ear-mold for each ear. Thank heavens for that because by June 2018 the volume/quality of sound had deteriorated quite noticeably. I took them into my specialist's office and the receptionist replaced the faulty earmold with the extra one.

Not too long later, I had a problem with that one, so she sent the hearing aid (with the mold containing the receiver) to the company's main office. They repaired it and sent it back. That hearing aid had been working okay until just the last few days. All of a sudden the volume/quality of sound has diminished quite noticeably once again. Not only that, but over the past year, the quality of sound in my right hearing aid has also diminished. I follow the maintenance instructions and use the cleaning instruments provided to get wax out (well, in the right side one because the extra mold created for the left hearing aid does not have a vent, which had not been a problem for me until now.)

The whole thing is very frustrating because I've paid around $5000 (after an initial discount) for these hearing aids. I should NOT be having to continuously ask people to repeat what they've said to me, but I've had to do that on a number of occasions -- especially now, that the volume/hearing quality of both hearing aids has diminished noticeably. People wonder why the quality is so poor when I paid so much for them.

My payment contract included insurance for the hearing aids for four years, but evidently the insurance for the receivers (for the earmolds) evidently only covered two years, and I was told that new receivers would cost around $200-300 for each one. I'm going to go back to the office and ask that the earmold for my right hearing aid be replaced with the extra one, assuming that the receiver in the mold is the problem. However, I assume I may have to send the left hearing aid back to the company's head office for repairs once again. (I'll get the receptionist to look both of them over just in case the problem is something she can rectify herself, which would be nice.)

Suffice it to say that, based on my experience, I would not recommend this hearing aid model to others. It's possible that I could have gotten lemons, but that's debatable. That being said, I have been using the ComDex for the Widex Zen and for phone calls (on my iPhone), and I'm wondering whether that has actually ended up affecting the performance of my hearing aids.

Last point -- digital hearing aids are extremely expensive, so buyers/users should expect that the performance of the hearing aids remains at least in the range of 7 to 10 (on a scale from 1 to 10) for the four years for which they're insured. It's terribly embarrassing to have to continuously ask other people to repeat what they've said to me, especially in cases where they know are aware I wear hearing aids.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I just purchased 2 Widex Evokes and a TV Play. Previously I had a uDirect 2 TV to connect to my TV. Using the pendant, I could easily stop audio streaming to my HA with a click of a button. Now I must use an app on my iPhone. If I turn off the TV and forget to switch back to another program, then someone else turns on the TV, it blasts into my HAs. Also, is there any way to stream from my Windows 7 computer to my new Evokes? Do I need to purchase a separate dongle? I can't discover (pair) my new HAs using the Bluetooth wizard on Windows 7. Any tips? So far, so good, but could be more user friendly.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Rebel, thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad to answer your question. So the TV Play was designed to be used with a smartphone and thus you will need to use your phone to stop streaming. To stream audio from a Windows 7 computer, you will actually need to use a Uni-Dex accessory, which is our universal streaming accessory. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I love my new hearing aids, but the only problem I have is not knowing whether to pull them out of my ear by taking off the hearing aid itself, or pulling on the thin tube closest to the ear tip inside my ear, close to the area inside. One of the tubes broke not long after I got them, and because my ear canals are very narrow and it's sometimes difficult to gently push the wire in, I'm worried that this will happen again. One audiologist said to pull off the hearing aid itself first, then gently pull out the tube. Another suggested pulling from the inside of the ear and then taking off the hearing aid. Which is correct?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Ruth, thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad to see that you are getting great benefit from your Widex hearing aids. To your question on how to be remove from your ear, it typically depends on the ear anatomy and style of device. In your case, it seems as it the receiver may be sitting deep in the ear canal so it would probably be best to remove by pulling on the part closer to the ear canal. Though, we suggest asking your hearing specialist for their recommendation at your next appointment. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I’ve never use digital aids until the audiologist recommended I try the Widex. The digital aid has a receiver that goes from the behind the ear into the mold. This receiver last about a month, sometimes a few weeks more. Water or oil from my ear gets into the receiver causing it to “short out”. This makes for a very muffled sound. The audiologist I was dealing with told me there is nothing we can do about it, the receivers are $80+ for one. Since the hearing aid is out of warranty now, I will have to keep shelling out $80+ every month. I’ve tried to contact Widex through the online website but I haven’t had any luck. Do yourself a favor and never buy the 440 Super.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Chase, thank you for sharing your experience and we are here to help. We are confident we can help resolve your issue so you won't encounter these problems with the mold/ receiver in the future. Can you please private message us with the serial numbers of your hearing aids so we can coordinate a courtesy repair/ receiver replacement with your clinic? Thank you

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I’m 80 years old and have been going to the same hearing professional for 19 years. I have total loss of hearing in my left ear, I have the Widex wrap around and it has been a problem from the beginning. It has done nothing for better voice clarification, nothing for background noise. Everything is just loud. The road noises are so loud conversation is impossible. I have had them adjusted many times and no improvement.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Edward, thank you for sharing your experience and we are here to help resolve any way possible. Would you be so kind to message us with your clinic's name so we can reach out help troubleshoot or explore replacement options for you? Thank you

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I recently tried to use my app on my Android smartphone to change the settings on my hearing aids. The app would not allow me to change any settings, because it demanded that I download a software update into them. After I did it, it again demanded that I download and install the software. I've gone through this cycle 6 times and it STILL won't stop demanding that I AGAIN download the update. The hearing aids work, but I cannot access the phone app to control them. I also deleted the app and reloaded it, no help at all. Very frustrating. Advice?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Robert, thank you for sharing your experience and we are confident we can help remove that issue rather easily. So this particular update requires restarting the Bluetooth as well which it seems is one small step that was missed. Our technical support team can quickly walk you through that process if you would like to call them. Also, we will email you the app update instructions for quick reference as well. Please keep us posted on whether that solves the problem or not for you. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My father bought Dream 220 D2-FUSION BTB with serial number 514467. He was not satisfied with the product since the folks never set it right. He still used it but then by 15-18 months it completely stopped working. When he took it to the shop they said that a circuit has burned and cannot assume once they replace the circuit that it will work. I am very dissatisfied with the brand, the product and the service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased two Evoke hearing aids in Aug. The left ear was never correct and never worked properly. The hearing specialist tried to fix it, but couldn't. He finally sent it in to the company to be REPLACED and you 'fixed' it. Only lasted a few weeks, then it stopped working again. Once again I requested a REPLACEMENT and only got it 'fixed'. Went dead this time. Wouldn't charge a battery. Again, 'Fixed' except it wasn't. It again went out, this time having static in the earpiece. I DON'T WANT IT FIXED, I WANT A REPLACEMENT. Like a bad car, this is a lemon and can't be fixed. I'm starting to tell the world that this is not a good company to work with on hearing aids. I either want a NEW REPLACEMENT or my money back to go to another company who will give me hearing aids that work. I spent over $5k on these hearing aids and I expect them to work.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Loretta, thank you for reaching out. We'd be happy to offer the replacement to resolve your performance issues. Can you please private message us with the serial numbers of your hearing aids to start the process in working with your hearing professional. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was sold on these hearing aids because of the zen feature potentially helping with ringing in the ears coupled with the iPhone connection. From day one there were issues. They would cut out at random. Sometimes the left would work and not the right and then the right but not the left. You could see on the app one would be at a level 5 and the other at 0, but a minute before it was at 5. They were sent back and "repaired" but as far as I could tell, nothing was fixed as the problems remained. The sounds quality was not good either. I would suggest you look at another brand as these are defective product.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Erin, thank you for sharing your experiences with your purchase so far and we definitely want to help to resolve any shortcomings that you may have encountered. Can you please private message us with your hearing aid serial numbers to help us start the process to work with your hearing professional? We look forward to meeting the expectations for your purchase. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have two Widex Unique 440's and they generally work well but have had to send them in for repair more than once. One aid started playing xylophone music into my ear, very rhythmical. I had to ask my wife to listen closely to the aid and she could hear this music as well. I have managed to stop the music by turning the aid off and then on again, which corrects the problem. It has happened twice now. The Call-DEX is very useful in making and receiving telephone calls on my iPhone 6 Super.

However, I keep my iPhone in my pocket with the Call-DEX attached and this can affect the connection by movement - i.e. sitting down can put strain on the connection. The iPhone Super 6 is long and is safer in a jacket pocket, when wearing a jacket, otherwise the phone and call-DEX in the pocket is subject to wear and damage. I have also had to purchase the RC DEX as there are times when one needs to turn the volume up or down to suit local conditions. It is a pity that the hearing aid cannot combine both the CAll DEX and RC DEX in the aid. I would be prepared to buy the latest model if it corrects the problems mentioned but selling in or trading in my existing aids is not viable. My previous Widex aids were P38's and they were marvelous for music.

Resolution response: Jan. 23, 2019

The Widex company has been prompt in reaching out to me with my recent issues—so grateful! I feel now that any future problems I my encounter will be resolved.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased Widex Evoke hearing aids in June 2018. I have had the same as Sandi from TN. They worked great for 2 months, then would suddenly stop working, either side. Went in to see audiologist who did get me another battery charging device. Now, Jan 4, 2019, again one side does not work. I put in regular batteries and it still did not work in one of the aids. I’m frustrated beyond anything!!!! It’s a boatload of money $5200 to spend and then to be completely without! Is there a way to file a complaint? To get something back in return?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Barbara, thank you for sharing your experience and we will do all that we can to help resolve. Can you please private message us with your serial #s as to explore repair/ replacement solutions for the aid not working? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have the same problem as Dennis of Cumming, GA. His original post was from Aug. 10, 2018. I purchased because they were the only hearing aids designed for the iPhone. However, over the last few months they cannot maintain connectivity. When they lose connectivity the volume declines substantially and I cannot restore without a trip to the audiologist. My audiologist has reset the aids and I gain full power, but the problem is back and becoming a nuisance. The aids are about one year old. My second complaint is the connectivity to the iPhone. The mic switches to a speakerphone mic and will pick up all background noises making the call noisy for the person on the other end. Wired should give the option to adjust the microphone on the phone and not have to buy another device for a discreet conversation.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I've been trying out Widex Evoke Hearing Aids for 3 months. To date, the T coil only works in my church. I've also tried it as well in 2 different P.A.C.s in 2 different cities that both have a hearing loop system. The hearing aids have failed to work in both P.A.C.s. I can hear the aids say "Telecoil" so I know I am in the correct program - but no sound comes through the T-coil. It's as if the hearing aids are on mute. My audiologists tells me that since the telecoil works in church - the hearing aids are functioning in t-coil program and it's the 2 different PACs that are the problem - not the Widex hearing aids.

Both PACs have told me their loop systems were on and working fine when I was there and could not hear through my t-coil. I find it strange that 2 different PACs in different cities would both have problems with their loop systems. I also think it strange that the loop at church works when the loops at these other venues do not. I like the Widex - but am reluctant to pay around $6000 for the Widex if not all features are going to work correctly.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Both my wife's aids work well until I try and use the COM-DEX Remote Mic and COM-DEX receiver. I need to have my wife's voice amplified and the mic works quite well, unless she wears Widex hearing aid. The bluetooth goes to hearing aid, as well as to mine. This happens anytime the COM-DEX is being used and is irritating if we are in church and I want to adjust my aids using the COM-DEX from my phone but again makes it nearly impossible to use the mic while she uses her aids. Is it possible to turn the bluetooth off in her aids or is there another solution? Our audiologist seems very inept. When we have asked her for a solution, she wanted to send the COM-DEX and mic back to the company, "because they must have a problem". Please help my wife and I work with these aids. I really want to hear my wife clearly and she needs to wear her aids also.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Larry, thank you for sharing your experience with the sound quality of your Widex hearing aids. As far as the Com-Dex connectivity question, the Com-Dex will connect to any Widex aids with WidexLink if they are within range. Unfortunately there is no way to disable this automatically. We have the issue for a possible future development fix. Thank you

Resolution response: Dec. 19, 2018

I am pleased to know that there had been an app update which I just hadn't heard about. My issue was already resolved!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I recently purchased Widex Evoke for both ears. Need additional answers I did not understand from audiologist. There are a couple of things about the sound sense program. When going thru the setup, it would be a lot more user-friendly if I can name my favorites. I.e. Shopping, church, TV, theatre, one on one conversation. Not worth it to go thru so many "favorites" without remembering what the are. Secondly, if these are so intuitive, how can they possibly know & adjust when I have no way to teach them?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi C L. Thank you for reaching out and these items are very simple to support you on here. So with our new Evoke firmware update, simple download from the app, it will now allow you to customize a program the way you want and when you choose to save it you get a screen that says “give your program a name” and a keyboard to enter what you like. Please let us know if you need any support with that naming feature.

Additionally, Evoke is the first hearing aid with the application of machine learning so when you go through the A/B choices in the setup, using SoundSense Learn, it will train the hearing aid chip on how to best chose your preferred settings for you automatically. Please let us know if you would like any support with that feature as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The hearing aids were provided by the Veterans Adm. about 1.5 years ago. They worked for about 3 months. They have been sent back to Widex, for repair, at least 3 times and been replaced once. They work for about 1 hour then fail. They will not stay connected to my iPhone. At my last visit to audiology about 2 months ago my audiologist contacted Widex for about the 4th or 5th time and Widex finally admitted that they have a software problem. To date it has not been resolved! The V.A. has decided to place them in the secular file and is going to issue new ones from a different manufacturer.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Richard, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We are disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered and would be more than willing to help provide a resolution. If interested, please private message us with the serial #s of those hearing aids so we can reach out to your specialist. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Prior experience with hearing aids was bad enough so that I was discouraged from even wearing them. Tired of trying new ones as all seemed same. Background noise was overwhelming in crowd situations. Sound quality was poor and unpleasant. When my ENT recommended CROS, the concept seemed sensible with my uneven hearing loss. Almost no usable hearing in left ear, quite a bit of usable hearing in right ear. Audiologist at Texas ENT has been super in optimizing settings. I'm very happy with my new Widex aids.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Charlotte, we are so glad to learn of your satisfaction with your Widex hearing aids. If there is anything we can do in the future to support you please let us know. All the best to you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I purchased my Widex Beyond hearing aids in April of 2018. At first they were great. I could hear so much more than I could with my older pair from Rexton. That soon changed within my trial period. First the right one would go totally off and then pop back on in a minute which was annoying. Then the right one would only stay charged for a couple of hours. I thought it might be the charger and changed it to the other side but that didn’t help. Then the left one began to stay charged for only a few hours. When this happens you are showing 100% charge then all of a sudden your hearing is gone and the hearing aid is showing 0%. Family Hearing Center in Knoxville was great every time I went in. They checked the charger, no problem. They contacted Widex who had them sent back.

A couple of weeks later I had the hearing aids back with new doors. Again they worked great at first but same old problems. I even tried them without the phone to see if that was the problem which it was not. They were checked, adjusted or whatever and still a problem. The right one was the main problem. I again took them back to Knoxville, a 40 minute drive one way, and they decided to send the right one back to be replaced and I insisted they both should be replaced since they both had problems. Again a wait to ship out and a new pair back in. During this time you are wearing a pair of loaners that are not connected to your phone and not extremely clear. I have now had the new pair about a month or a little more and two days ago the left hearing aid suddenly lost charge, yesterday the right hearing aid remained charged for 5 hours and today about 7.

I was in a Restaurant when one went out and a family get together when the other lost charge. It is beyond frustrating to suddenly lose most of your hearing in these situations. I have made sure my iPhone has the latest updates. My hearing aids are cleaned and well cared for. I took out a loan of $5,000.00 to pay for this defective product. After reading all of these reviews with the same problems I have three questions: 1. Has Widex issued a recall on these hearing aids? 2. Is there a class action suit in process? 3. Is Widex issuing a refund on the defective products?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Sandy, thank you for reaching out and we are disappointed to hear of your inconveniences with your Widex hearing aids. However, we do think we can help to resolve the issue/ situation. Could you please private message us with the serial #s of the devices for us to research the issues and troubleshoot with your hearing clinic? Thank you

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Truth in advertising is hugely important as is making certain your $6,000 hearing aids work as advertised upon shipment, especially to big Universities like UCLA. I have spent 10 hrs of drive time and have only been able to use my partially operational devices 8 of the 18 days I have had them because three devices have been sent in as defective. Before you make broad claims on changing the industry deliver technology that works as promised. Then compensate us for time and travel time lost.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Tony, thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconveniences that you have encountered. Though we are confident that we can resolve your issue as to ensure you receive the full benefit from your investment in hearing technology. Can you please private message us the serial #s of your hearing aids for us to reach out to your clinic to help in troubleshooting? Thank you

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The aids pick up 360 degrees...the 'focus' is not very functional. The special programs the user can make are limited. The service is terrible if you leave the area from where you purchased. We paid $6,000+ for the two aids...with 3 years of service etc. We moved from the area and the service is NOT TRANSFERABLE to any other store...so the $3K for the service is out the window! The MFG should be the one to then step in and help.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I first started wearing my rechargeable Widex hearing aids, the supplied (gold batteries did not last an entire day) after being charged overnight. I started using a few of the store bought 312 batteries which seemed to last almost 3 days. I am trying to figure out the problem - is it batteries or hearing aids. Also when speaking on the iPhone using Bluetooth - how can I shut the Bluetooth off so another person can hear the conversation? I am at the point of shutting the Bluetooth off and using the phone NORMALLY. Am I missing something. When I purchased these hearing aids I didn't plan on these problems. I am trying to go back to my old aids (in the canal). At least they WORK.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My Widex Beyond hearing aids have greatly improved my hearing and I'm very pleased overall. I was excited to have the bluetooth connection feature to my iPhone 6 for phone calls and other streaming (IOS12, app version 1.2.2). First there's a loud click whenever the bluetooth connection. And when a phone call streams to hearing aids -if I've turned the volume down in noisy conditions, it resets the ambient sound level of the hearing aids to "normal" volume. Worse than that, certain phone apps seem to trigger the volume reset as well: for some reason Google Maps does (perhaps in anticipation of providing turn by turn directions); and Photos (perhaps in anticipation of streaming the sound from a movie?). In any case, it's sufficiently annoying that I normally keep bluetooth on my phone turned off. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your Widex hearing aids. Regarding those click noises, the cicks (beeps) you hear occur when the iPhone sends a volume change request, which may occur when your start streaming or begin a phone call. These beeps confirm that the volume was changed and helps the iPhone’s native hearing aid app and the Beyond app stay synced. When audio begins streaming to the hearing aids, the iPhone may set the volume back to the default level, and can only be adjusted after the audio starts streaming. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

When I received my hearing aids from a professional in Houston TX, the only programs included were Universal, Party, and Music. There was also a special program called Directional Focus. There was no manual supplied, so I just downloaded one from the Widex website. I was surprised to see there were many more programs, including Quiet, Comfort, Transport, Impact, and Zen. None of these were included with my new hearing aids. Are these downloadable by owners? Why were they omitted from my hearing aids?

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Paul, thank you for reaching out and we are glad to share more information on the additional sound classes. So those programs must be added by the professional as part of the fitting. Depending upon the loss, lifestyle/listening needs of the user, along with counseling, the hearing professional chooses additional programs. The aids are highly adaptive, and they have within them (depending upon the device) a system called sound classes that assesses and classifies the input in the environment. Those classifications may include some or all of the programs referenced below. There are times that a special program dedicated to one of those classes is indicated. Hope that helps and please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

So far so good. My only complaint is that the TV streaming module is very much out of date. My 4-year old ReSound used the digital optical cable to connect to the TV. I was disappointed when I received my Widex TV interface to see the ancient Left and Right banana plugs. I read one complaint that it streams only to one ear. If this is true I am returning my Widex units. I also was disappointed to learn I would have to wear a unit around my neck to watch TV. The ReSound unit streamed directly to my ears without having to hang something around my neck. When will Widex get up to date with modern technology?

Widex USA Hearing Technology expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1956, Widex is a hearing aid manufacturer based in Denmark. Widex is a hearing aid industry leader, ranking among the top six manufacturers worldwide. Its products are sold through independent clinical practices in over 100 countries. Widex specializes in innovative digital technology. In fact, Widex invented the first digital in-the-ear hearing aid.

• Product selection: Widex offers solutions for many hearing issues, including tinnitus, single-sided deafness and more. It carries a wide selection of in-the-ear and over-the-ear devices to suit your needs. Widex also offers a line of hearing aids, called UNIQUE, that connect wirelessly to a communication device called a COM-DEX to stream telephone calls, music and more.

• Range of options for children and babies: Most hearing aid companies offer one or two models that are appropriate for use with children. Widex, however, offers a line of aids for children to optimize sound quality. Widex has also created a hearing aid specifically for babies for a secure, safe fit on the smallest patients.

• Made for iPhone: The Widex Beyond is a new model of hearing aid made specifically to interface with the iPhone. The Beyond app allows you to swipe through intuitive commands such as volume controls, changing between sound programs and streaming music.

• Customer support: You will be fitted for your Widex hearing aids at an independent clinic, such as an audiologist or ENT office, and your hearing professional can help you with most questions related to your hearing aids. For questions specifically about the device, you can contact the Widex customer support team through their website.

• Helpful website: You can utilize the Widex website to find information about hearing loss, take a free online hearing test and locate a Widex distributor near you. You can also download brochures, manuals and more, or find information on hearing aid care.

• Best for: aging listeners, people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and children with hearing difficulties.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information