Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Widex Hearing Aids

Great to hear you are enjoying your new hearing aids, thank you for sharing!

Original review: April 1, 2017

What a powerful change, putting my new Widex hearing aids in! After they were properly programmed, it was amazing to hear what I've been missing for years! For example, the sound of water running in the sink has such a clarity to it, I almost felt like it was too loud!

I recently upgraded from my Widex Clear hearing aids. I purchased a set of Widex Beyond 440 hearing aids. At that time I also acquired a Call-Dex unit and a Remote Call-Dex unit to help my hearing in restaurant conditions. Syncing the units was very straight forward using the Widex online youtube video. I expected that with the Remote streaming green and the Call-Dex connected around my neck that I would be able to hear across the table and enjoy a normal back-and-forth conversation. That has not been my experience.

The ‘How to Use’ instructions and TroubleShooting help available for using these units is spare and cryptic to the point of being meaningless. The Widex attitude seems to be, make an appointment with your audiologist and let them figure it out. Sometimes they can’t either. Specifically when the voice streams from the Remote to my hearing aids through the Call-Dex neck unit, it is audible as I would expect. However when I speak back, my voice echoes like Lou Gehrig’s farewell address at Yankee Stadium. If I push the room-off button on the Call-Dex, my voice then disappears completely, although I can still hear the voice from the Remote.

Obviously something isn’t working properly, It really shouldn’t be that complicated to figure out or use. I have over the years invested in several Widex accessories. A Phone-Dex unit sits on my desk, a Uni-Dex plugs into my computer or iPod, I have TV-Dex for each television in my house. They all work as I would expect... and I guess I expected the Call-Dex and Call-Dex Remote to do the same. They don’t... and that is disappointing... especially since I was informed that I needed to upgrade to the Beyond units to use this latest technology that included Call-Dex...and that is a prime reason for going from the perfectly adequate Clear units to the not inexpensive Beyond 440 hearing aids.

Widex Hearing Aids

Great to hear of your satisfaction David! If you need anything in the future feel free to reach us at correspondence@widexusa.com

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I was asked to try Widex hearing aids on and I liked it. It's fine when I need it. It works good. It sounds better and is easier to put on compared to a different set of hearing aids that I previously had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I tried Widex hearing aids, I liked them and I felt comfortable with them. They helped me to be able to communicate and listen on what's going on. I also have an outstanding technician and she's been wonderful which has been a big, big help. This is my second Widex hearing aids and it's the behind the ear style that has a little chord that plugs into the ear. I love the audio. Especially if one of the hearing aids comes loose and it's ready to fall off of my ear. It keeps telling me what to do. I also like the fact that they're so light.

But the cap that goes in the ear was too big and I could only wear it for two hours at a time. It was getting very uncomfortable so I've changed the cap size and it's better now. Also, the battery cage keeps falling out and it's not strong. I had an opportunity to send it back for repair but it was still not strong enough when it came back. And the battery is only good for a week, which is short. It'd be fabulous if there was some way to get a battery that could last for 10 days to a month.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Charles, sorry for your inconvenience. Good news, however, we are certain we can easily and quickly resolve this issue. Can you private respond to us with your hearing aid serial #s and we can get the right parts shipped right away.

Todd

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Sent an email via company contact form. Looking for more prompt response if at all possible. Received the wrong part (need a right ear HP receiver) for my hearing aid. I have received THREE left ear HP receivers and one REGULAR right ear receiver. I would hope the incompetence does not lie with Widex and rather with my distributor. I did have an issue with Widex a few years ago when you shipped out the non acrylic version of my mold twice. So I am really not sure where the blame falls in this instance. I can easily see it going either way. Looking for the situation to get resolved asap so that I can amend this review.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the regular hearing aids from Widex. They work right except for when I go to a party or in a meeting and everybody's talking from the table. Everybody I know is having the same problem. These hearing aids picked up everybody's noise or the background noise. Still, I hear a little better now and that's a good sign.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted state-of-the-art hearing aid so my audiologist recommended the behind-the-ear product from Widex. Its features are good but sometimes I have a really tough time getting it reconnected such as when I use the features on my iPad. Also the hearing aid won't connect using the app on my phone. It will say one hearing aid is there but the other one isn't. I have to keep turning the hearing aid off and on and opening up the battery. There have been things like that that's not been real fun.

Also the hearing aid is ridiculously expensive and if the insurance doesn't pay for it that'd be stupid. At some point everybody needs hearing aids. My mother needs them right now but I'm not getting them for her because she's 92 years of age and there's no way I'm going to send $10,000 and she'd drop them in the morgue. But the quality of my hearing aids is good. I can hear now which I wasn't able to before and I've already recommended it to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owned a different brand of hearing aids in the past and Widex is better. My audiologist recommended the hearing aid that stick in my ear and goes over the top of my ear. I like the settings that she set up. I also like that I can hook them up to my TV and then it transmits the sound into my hearing aids. The hearing aids have very good quality and the price is well worth it for the package that I bought. The replacement, the unlimited batteries and everything else that goes with it are not cheap but I got what I paid for. I can hear much better than not using the hearing aids. Without them, I can hear but I don't totally understand what's being said. I'd definitely recommend Widex to others. People should find a confident and thorough audiologist. The products that Widex carries are the most important things, including the warranties and the price. I'm overly satisfied with them.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Rob, we're sorry to hear of your hearing aid issues. However, we are certain we can help restore their functionality for you. Could you private message us with the name of your hearing clinic and we can coordinate a no cost repair/ servicing for you?

Todd

Original review: July 20, 2017

My hearing aids are only 2-3 years old and already seem dead. I was not able to wear them for a long time, (1 year?) and they were stored in clean, dry, air conditioned place without batteries. Now they are dead even with batteries fresh from the store. Over 2k down the toilet.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Lynn, we are delighted to hear of your extreme satisfaction with your new Widex hearing aids. We'd love to have you share your story on our spotlight website as well if you would like to add your thoughts there as well: https://hear-together.widex.com/

Original review: July 18, 2017

I knew I should get my ears checked when I started cupping my hand around my ears. I had an amazing hearing test the showed I had lost my high end. I cried when I tried them for the first time to regain at how much I had lost. I'm quieter because I hear myself. I love the Bluetooth feature though my friends thought I was crazy when I seemed to be talking to myself. I love the fit and no one can see my pretty blue cases. I have received the best deal when I compare prices with my friends. I had forgotten what the wind sounds like in the trees, water down the drain, music! I'm very satisfied.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Patricia, thank you for the great review and we're happy to hear that you are enjoying your new hearing aids. We will look into your inquiry and share a recommendation for you very soon.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I have tried both the Unique 440 BTE and ITE models. I use a headset at work and to IIC works best and is most comfortable with the headset. But outside of work I prefer the BTE because my ears don't feel clogged. What does Widex have that would meet both needs in only one set of hearing aids? I can't afford both.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Carol, thank you for the great review and we're happy to hear that you are enjoying your new hearing aids. If you need anything at all in the future don't hesitate to reach out by emailing us at correspondence@widexusa.com.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I started with Widex and then they switched me to a different one but I liked the Widex better. I have a very small ear and the piece they sent out that goes in my ear doesn’t fit. So, I’m using the little rubber tip. When I go back, I’m gonna ask them but the way I understand it and seeing that I paid $7000 for it, they should make it so it fits. It’s very hard to get them in. At times, if somebody sits next to me, I really don’t hear that well what they’re saying. It’s when I retrieve it from a distance. But life is much simpler and I can hear better now. Also, the people were very nice to deal with and they were very thorough.

Widex Hearing Aids

Thank you Alvin for your review and we're pleased to hear you are fully enjoying the new hearing aid technology.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I went to the doctor's office and had my ears checked. Widex hearing aids was advertised and the price wasn't outrageous - it was enough for me to handle. I got the model that fits over and at the back of my ear. It has in-canal speakers so I didn't know that I had it on and they still looked close to my ears. I use it when I go out and it's a good unit. It's easy to use. It has a Bluetooth that I also use. Once I put it on, it'd be ears to my phone. I would recommend Widex.

Insufficient response received

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Vince, could you provide the name of the clinic of hearing specialist you are working with for us to contact to help find a resolution that will get your hearing aids working properly at a minimal cost?

Original review: June 21, 2017

Hi there, just wanted to warn readers about Widex's price gouging of customers, with reference to the cost of hearing aid repairs. I have an 8 year-old Widex Mind hearing aid, and the plastic hook atop the hearing aid cracked and broke. At first, my audiologist was prepared to replace the broken hook with a new hook in the office, but they said they ran out of replacement hooks. They said they would call Widex to order more hooks, and when they came in, would replace the hook. In years past, my audiologist was able to do this no problem. Today, my audiologist said the repair would cost $50.

But, lo and behold... When my audiologist called Widex, their rep told my audiologist they could not order new hooks, and the hearing aid would have to be shipped to them for a repair. My audiologist said this would cost $365 - and I was shocked. I'm sorry but to replace a simple plastic hook which doesn't require taking apart the hearing aid itself... That is an outrageous, unacceptable fee. This pretty much is the epitome of "price gouging".

When I called Widex's customer service phone number, they were of no help. They said they would not accept a direct shipment of the hearing aid for the repair from me, which I fully understand. But they also would not reduce the cost of the hook repair, nor would they even tell me what a fair price of such a repair would be - so I would understand whether my audiologist is responsible for upcharging me as well...

Best bet is to stay away from Widex. I've worn Oticon (current, right ear) and Phonak (past) hearing aids. In my view, Oticon is superior and Phonak is on par with Widex as far as aid quality. Considering the maintenance support... Oticon and Phonak by far beat out Widex. But it's shameful what's going on overall with hearing aid purchase and maintenance costs. They are spiraling out of control. The hearing aid manufacturers seem to be on par with pharmaceutical companies - it used to not be this way.

Additionally... I would advise everyone to hold off on purchasing a hearing aid if you have mild-to-moderate hearing loss at present time; there's a good chance prices will drop if the 2017 OTC Hearing Aid Act passes over the next month or so. I suppose my only satisfaction is that I have now ruled out Widex as a potential new hearing aid candidate, when I go to purchase a new one this fall. Good luck everyone.

Widex Hearing Aids

Thank you sharing your review Ali, we are glad to learn of your satisfaction with your hearing aids. We hope that over time as your hearing improves you will continue to get more benefit from them as well.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had a hearing doctor near my work and I went there. They offered Widex and I thought that getting a behind-the-ear model would be a better deal because it's a little larger so the electronic might be much more dependable. This probably would have been a perfect product if somebody had a problem with their ear drum and their outer ear. However, it may not be the perfect product for me. I suffer from sudden loss of hearing so it's related to my inner ear. I lost my hearing in a matter of 10 minutes and it never came back to full. That might be part of the reason why the hearing aid is not that effective for me.

The quality is good but my hearing performance is dropped down to 60 dB below normal and it's very broadband. The Widex hearing aids are a bunch of small filters that amplify and are very narrow-band. It's either the high or low pitch tones that are amplified so when they're used, there's very smooth amplification across the board. I don't find the hearing aids to be broadband enough to make up for the loss of my hearing. Sometimes it becomes annoying because I use it when I'm desperate to understand what people are saying. Nobody has given me an answer on whether it is actually made to compensate for my kind of disease. I have also talked to my surgeon and he said nobody knows how to deal with this condition. Plus, I do not see the response of the hearing aids and I have not been able to convince them to show me there is actual response of the device. What they've said is that the doctor will fix it for me and then I just put it on.

However, at the beginning, the Widex hearing aids helped me a lot more because I was supposed to be deaf for one year. Now, my condition is better although that might just be my brain compensating for it. I try to use the hearing aid as minimum as possible. it's not like glasses that I have to use every day and I have the other ear to carry me through even though that one is also fledging. But when I go to places where there are a lot of people around me, I definitely make sure that I wear it because without it, I would stay out of conversation altogether. It's also been helping me a lot in a noisy environment especially for watching TV. It's a good product and my experience has been definitely positive.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Shelley, thank you for sharing your issue and we aim to help resolve it for you.

When using the Com-Dex with a mobile device, unpairing your Com-Dex and or, opening the neck loop, are the only two ways to ensure that your calls will not be directed to your Com-Dex. Opening the neck loop is a more convenient method than unpairing, and we recommend when doing so, that you place the Com-Dex somewhere safe.

Also, the Com-Dex can be used with a Windows computer using either the Plantronics BT300 or the Plantronics BT600 adapters. If you would prefer to use a wired connection as opposed to Bluetooth, we recommend the Uni-Dex, which is a neck loop device that connects to any device with a 3.5mm jack output. The Uni-Dex also has a built-in microphone for hands-free communication.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with these steps to gain full functionality.

Todd

Original review: June 15, 2017

I obtained a Com-Dex in hopes of using it at work to listen to office phone calls, online tutorials and streaming, but it only works for smartphones despite the Note in the User Instructions that says you can use it "to stream sound from any Bluetooth-enabled sound source to your hearing aids." At least, it would not work with my work computer after installing Harmony Bluetooth software and dongle to the computer.

Also, since my car has Bluetooth I don't need the Com-Dex for phone calls while in the car. But the only way I could find to turn the Com-Dex off when a call came in was to unplug the neck cord connection. And guess what? When I got out of the car I eventually realized that with the loop disconnected it had fallen from around my neck and I had lost it. I am pretty sure it fell into the street, and I backtracked but never saw it again. A sheer waste of about $250 and very disappointing.

I might be willing to try the M-Dex instead for streaming at work, but the audio plug-in wire looks awfully short for reaching the computer. Can a longer one be substituted? And how can I tell if it will work with a particular computer setup? I did not find specs on your website; apparently this is the domain of hearing aid professionals only. The hearing aids themselves (Unique) do an excellent job, especially with music, but occasionally it seems they dampen the sound level abruptly and it sounds as if the battery died when it didn't, or as if I just dove underwater. I also echo other reviewers about the short 1-1.5 week battery life.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Rick, thank you for your response. Heat and moisture can pose an ongoing challenge to hearing aid users, particularly where the fitting –as in your case- involves receiver placement in the ear. This placement can make it more susceptible to perspiration. It may be beneficial to use a drying storage container nightly if you are not using one already. Usage can help reduce hearing aid repairs and maintain performance of your devices. Widex offers the DryGoUV unit to help prevent such issues and we can gladly send one to your hearing clinic at no cost to help reduce your issues with moisture. Please provide the clinic name for us to send that to and we will do so promptly.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have a couple of Widex aids - models # U3FSBE & 8 932 0101 021. Fairly new with hearing aids, just got these last September, 2016. I have significant hearing loss since I was a toddler and I was mainstreamed while growing up. Never had hearing aids before so this was new and exciting. At first I was overjoyed, I was able to hear sounds I had never heard before. It was fascinating, like a new world opened up and so many new things to learn!

For the first 9 months didn't have any major issues. Was able to get them dialed in and I was happy with them - for a while. Now that warmer days are upon us I am finding many shortcomings, specifically what seems to be the sensitivity to heat. I am unable to spend more than 5 min outside on a warm day with the aids quitting. I am an active individual and have discovered that the aids are not a good fit for active lifestyles. I find I cannot ride bikes, go golfing, go hiking, etc. with the aids - they quit very soon after getting outside. I don't need to do anything strenuous, just let the sun beat down on me.

I am very active with water sports, so those activities are out of the question. Been to the beach a few times since, I won't take them onto the beach as I'm afraid of sand causing more issues. I enjoy snow skiing but I'm afraid to wear the aids on the slopes. They will fall out during a hard fall. The hearing aids work great, when they work. To ensure they continue to work it seems that a sedentary lifestyle in a cool environment is a requirement. If you're active and like to play outside, it becomes a major problem.

Widex Hearing Aids

Great to hear Justin, thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I did some research on Widex and found that they were reasonable. I liked and got the in-the-ear model because it's little and you can hardly see it. Now, I'm hearing 100 percent better. Everything is wonderful on my end, and I'm very satisfied.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Steve, thank you for your review. We understand your frustration with the bluetooth connectivity and your iphone. However, we are excited to announce a new hearing aid update that can be done automatically through the accompanying app that will resolve those issues moving forward. Please message us back if you need any assistance in locating the BEYOND app in or the update for your hearing aids.

Original review: June 5, 2017

The new Widex Beyond model hearing aids were widely hyped as being top of the line for iPhone hearing aids. I found them comfortable, with fine sound quality and battery life of about a week. That though is where the cheering stopped. The two stars is the result of no stars for connectivity and reliability of both iPhone connectivity and connectivity even between the headsets. Simply bad!

Tried two units and the second was worst than the first. Imagine having dinner in a restaurant and having to remove both aids, opening the battery door and then going to your iPhone, and having to tell it to forget device and then repair. Then imagine doing it 5 more times during the meal. Then have one ear telling you it can't find other aid but it's the one that is not connected. Then being told you can't use it with wifi assisted calling. Then have it automatically switch modes. Imagine all these problems while the right ear rarely stays connected to Bluetooth more than a minute.

AND BEAR IN MIND THAT THIS IS HOW THE SECOND PAIR PERFORMED while you work with the audiologist for 3 weeks to get a solution. AND you give up after providing documentation of the failures. And the clinic wants you to pay $300 fee for their time in running through 3 weeks of nonstop failures and troubleshooting. Stunningly bad performance all around.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My left ear is not that bad but I can’t hear out of my right ear that good and my wife made me decide to get a hearing aid. I used what my doctor prescribed for me. We talked about getting the one behind my ear, but I didn’t want it at that time. So, it was my choice not to get the one behind the ear. I got the in-the-ear Widex hearing aid. It fits inside my ear and it's what I could afford to keep. After I got the hearing aids in, it’s like night and day. The only problem is when I’m in a bowling alley, I can’t hear what people are actually saying because there's like little cricket sounds in it. Also, the batteries in them don’t last long but the price was all right and at least I can hear. It’s a lot better than nothing. I’m not used to having hearing aids in my ear, but after I wore it for a few times, it was all right.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Ellen, than you for your review. We understand your frustration with the bluetooth connectivity and your iWatch. We are excited to announce a new hearing aid update that can be done automatically through the accompanying app that will resolve those issues moving forward. Please message us back if you need any assistance in locating the BEYOND app in or the update for your hearing aids.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I purchased these hearing aids because after hearing it for many years, I wanted to try the new technology -- especially Bluetooth enabled. Well the sound on these hearing aids pretty good compared to my old hearing aids, I have had a lot of problems with the Bluetooth. The hearing aids lose connection to the Bluetooth constantly so I'm always having to fiddle with them to reestablish the connection.

The iWatch app but it's supposed to be compatible doesn't work well -- it off and states of the hearing aids are not connected when in fact they are. You can't use Bluetooth and up with your car phone because the car Bluetooth and the hearing aid Bluetooth are incompatible. The manufacturer says that an update will come in a couple of weeks at which point the connectivity issues might be fixed. However for $6600 I expect them to work as designed 90% of the time not 60%. Basically while these hearing Aids are good for sound, they've also been a disappointment in many areas.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had another hearing aid but I used to take them in constantly to have them repaired. My doctor suggested Widex and I like it much better. I’ve had them for over a year and I haven't taken them in once. I have the in the ear model as I never wanted it behind the ear. I’d had a loaner pair where they were around the ear and one of them fell off and I couldn’t find that for a month.

I like that the clarity of my hearing aids is very good especially in the different types of modes I can put it in. The only problem I’ve had with it is that the device that I use to filter through my telephone sucks. It makes the people sound tinny and I got to listen harder. It’s also got too many pieces to have in my hand and pocket to operate it. The other device on the other system was far better than this one. Also, my insurance company was paying for it, but I’m no longer working and now I’m am going to be concerned about the price. I don’t have $7,000 to pay for a hearing aid. Nonetheless, my Widex hearing aids have been Godsend. It’s been a fantastic help to me and I like it tremendously. I am able to better maneuver my hearing and I am more attentive.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Joyce, we are sorry to hear of the complications with your hearing aid and we are glad to help repair it to full functionality. We will send you an email with more details and help to coordinate a nearby hearing professional that will ensure you are getting the true benefit from the device.

Todd

Original review: May 17, 2017

I had a real old hearing aid. The volumes in it could not be adjusted and my hearing was decreasing. So I had to go with something else and I decided to try one from Widex Hearing Aids. When I first got it, I always had to get it re-adjusted. Then there were little switches in the back that I could turn if I wanted to hear stuff in the back of my ear or listen to music. Also, I like its size and the fit and the feel of it more so where I could barely see it as opposed to the older model hearing aid. For me, that was a plus because I hate looking and seeing this thing in my ear. But it is what it is.

I was satisfied with the hearing aid when I got it until it had the little issues. I have it for a little over a year and it does not work anymore. I've had it repaired several times and it was the little transmitter that stopped working. I didn't get it repaired anymore because when I called the office to speak to somebody, it was a recording on and I never got a call back. Then, I got kind of busy. But I have an old hearing aid that I put back in my ear. It's helping though it's not the best. The expense of these hearing aids are crazy and the insurance at least helps now. But for me it's not enough. And at this point, I'm not sure if my Widex hearing aid is out of warranty or not.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Jody, we are sorry to hear of your unfavorable experience with the hearing aid fitting, causing the feedback issues. Most often, this is due to the fit of the earmold and not the hearing aid technology. Could we work with you to have new ear molds made at no cost to eliminate or significantly reduce the feedback problems so you can fully enjoy the benefits of improved hearing with the devices? Todd

Original review: May 15, 2017

I was using Oticon and when I got rid of those hearing aids and went to the local audiologist, they said that Widex is the strongest and the best quality to have nowadays. So, I went with his recommendation and got them. They are strong but the sound quality is very messed up and terrible. I get a lot of feedback. It's not adjusted properly. I was sitting on one part of the couch and my husband was on the other part. And when he was talking, his voice was creating so much feedback due to the hearing aids. I felt like it's almost useless.

The wire over the hearing aid is causing some issues as well. My hair is pretty long and the wire keeps getting caught in them. Also, the speaker's in the mold that goes inside my ear and I feel like it's almost too big. It's like a Chicklet caught in my ear. It's very uncomfortable, but it’s okay. It's also bulky outside of my ear. It sticks out of my ear and it's very uncomfortable as well. It's different than the hearing aids I had before and it's not a good fit for me. Also, since the hearing aids are so strong, the batteries don't last that long. I have to change them weekly. They never told me that. Unlike the hearing aid I had before, I could tweak three weeks out of it with one battery. But with Widex, I could tell that my batteries are gonna die soon when I hear, "Beep, beep, beep." It's so annoying and I hate it.

Oticon, on the other hand, was a good fit and because I had that for ten years, I got used to it. My brain was somewhat trained to match that brand and style. Its battery quality lasted longer, too. It was a tube that went around my ear and not a wire so it didn't rip my hair out. Then, the mold inside my ear was flat against my ear. It didn't stick out and protrude. But, in terms of the sound quality, Widex is better.

However, I've had the Widex hearing aids for two years and they already broke two times. One day, they just stopped working and it went silent. It didn't start a beep and didn't inform me the sound level is changing. And so, I changed the battery to make sure it wasn't the problem and put it back in, nothing happened. Finally, when I had time to take them back to the audiologist, I found out that the wire was disconnected. I replaced the wire on it and everything was back to normal for five months. Then, my right ear had the same problem. I was wearing it, it worked fine, and I had a good battery. It didn't make any beeps and so I assumed that it was the other wire issue. All in all, I'm disappointed with Widex.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi John, we are happy to hear of your hearing and lifestyle improvement with Widex hearing aids. If interested, we could supply for you some ear wax guards and tools to clean as to prevent any potential issues to the devices. Please let us know if interested and we can send those to your hearing professional to deliver.

Todd

Original review: May 14, 2017

I went to a hearing specialist examination and the in-the-ear model worked good. Once I got it set, I'm all right. I got narrow passages in my ear but it felt comfortable. Widex Hearing Aids work good but my main problem is keeping it clean because there's wax in my ear. Also, it's too expensive. Other than that, it is all right. It made my life about 50 percent better.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Linda, thank you for your review and your complications are actually very common. For this reason we recommend our telephone compatibility or streaming options. Additionally, there are aural rehabilitation services available that help to improve hearing comprehension by retraining the brain to better understand sounds and syllables that may have long gone unheard. Please reply if we can be of any assistance in those area to help you get the full benefit from your hearing aids. Thank you, Todd

Original review: May 13, 2017

Sometimes when wearing my hearing aids, I still feel like my hearing is clouded. I still avoid answering the telephone since I have to struggle to hear them even with my hearing aids in. Worth $7000 - not in my experience.

I have been using these for about two and a half years, and am extremely pleased with their performance. The very first thing I noticed upon walking outside from the audiologist building were all of the birds tweeting and singing, that I hadn't heard much of in the last several decades! I wear them all the time, and fully appreciate and enjoy the sounds and conversations that I had been missing; they really make me happy. The only time I remove them during the day is when using hearing protection for lawn mowing and workshop tool use. But I had one fail about a year ago, when the 'speaker' quit working. The audiologist fixed it, and it was fine. But it just failed again yesterday, and their shop is closed today. Not sure if I can bring it to another without having to pay, but will check. Is this a common failure mode?

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Saudhi, we are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience in treating your tinnitus with our hearing aids. We do want to make you aware of our complementing tinnitus therapy treatment app and programs that could help provide the relief you are seeking. We will reach out very soon to gather more information to best provide the additional tinnitus care.

Todd

Original review: May 3, 2017

I got hearing aids prescribed mainly for tinnitus. The doctor has the hearing lab and I got it from there. Widex Hearing Aids were what I was told by the tech. I was not given any choices because they said it was what's available. They were $4,000 not covered by insurance so, that was not pleasant and I was very upset. This is my first and only pair and allegedly, it was going to take away the problem but it didn't. It minimized it but it didn't take it away. When people have hearing aids and they put them on, like my husband, it magnifies the sound and they hear better but it's not the case with me. Also, it's sometimes as bad as it ever was. If I had to do it all over again, I would not spend that kind of money. We're retired with fixed income and that was an economic hardship.

I've been using hearing aids and Widex (Clear) for 6 years and love them. They've been very dependable over the years but sometimes my left one seems to trail the right one in adjusting to room environments. Very happy with them overall. I'm excited to see the Com Dex product but tentative to try. Cell phone use is sometimes a challenge. My audiologist is strongly pushing me to purchase Beyond as my model is no longer being supported (according to them) suggesting parts will not be available. I wish there was a loyalty trade in program, because my audiologist charged me $7K for the last pair - which is stopping me from upgrading. I wish they had map pricing because being held hostage by audiologist pricing when online is thousands cheaper is frustrating. Widex is a solid product - my wife thanks you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My hearing doctor recommended Widex Hearing Aids. I chose the behind-the-ear model. I like the Bluetooth which is an advantage. Now I could speak into my ears. This is what really sold me on them. However, with the Bluetooth, I get a little interference here and there. Also, Widex is pricey. I have a few friends who would like to do it. But, when they heard the price, they said, "Oh. Not me." Other than that, the options that they offer on the setup were very good. Plus the hearing aids are easier to maintain than the old ones I had, with the wax buildup. On the whole, it's very good and I have recommended Widex.

Widex Hearing Aids

Hi Mary, we're sorry to hear of your lost hearing aids. We will reach out in the coming days about any potential replacement coverage or options.

Todd

Original review: April 23, 2017

The hearing aids I got from Widex is in the back of my ear and then the wire goes into my ear. The quality is good and the price is reasonable. But, I couldn't get them loud enough and I miss the tones. Also, they lost them in the CAT scan out in the medical center and I still don't have them back. So, I'm not happy right now that I don't have it in my possession.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Profile