2. Elder Care
Widex Hearing Aids

Widex Hearing Aids

4.0/5 (206 ratings)

About Widex Hearing Aids

Widex is one of the biggest hearing aid manufacturers in the world, offering both behind-the-ear and in-the-ear devices to improve mild to profound hearing loss. Customers can sign up for a no-obligation hearing evaluation and hearing aid trial. Widex hearing aids are available for all age groups and have features such as multiple color choices, wireless connectivity and app-based sound control.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Helps mild to profound hearing loss
    • Trial period
    • Large selection of devices

Cons

• No direct purchase from website
    • No upfront pricing details

Bottom Line

Widex manufactures behind-the-ear and in-the-ear hearing aids for all degrees of hearing loss. Customers can try out devices with no obligation by visiting a participating local hearing care professional.

Top Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Verified

Verified

Widex hearing aid models

Widex makes both behind-the-ear (BTE) and in-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids. Its BTE hearing aids come in traditional, receiver-in-the-ear (RITE) and receiver-in-canal (RIC) models. Widex’s ITE hearing aids include in-the-canal (ITC) and completely-in-the-canal (CIC) models.

Models that come in both BTE and ITE styles are the UNIQUE, the EVOKE and the MOMENT. The BTE lineup also features the BEYOND model.

• The UNIQUE hearing aid features True Input Technology to capture a wide range of sounds, SMARTWIND Manager to reduce wind noise and WidexLink wireless connectivity for streaming phone calls and music. UNIQUE comes in four technology levels: Basic, Value, Advanced and Premium.
    • Widex states the EVOKE is the “world's first smart hearing aid.” It automatically adjusts based on your environment, and you can personalize the listening experience further with the SoundSense Learn feature on the EVOKE app.
    • Widex's MOMENT is designed for fast sound processing and more natural sound. It also features a water-resistant coating and durable components. According to Widex, the MOMENT mRIC is the smallest rechargeable RIC hearing aid.
    • The BEYOND hearing aid is available in 15 colors and four technology levels. It is a BTE aid with advanced sound quality and customizable sound templates in the BEYOND app.

Widex hearing aid accessories

Widex offers a number of accessories to enhance its hearing aids. These include devices for streaming audio to your hearing aids, like COM-DEX for phone calls and FM+DEX for converting signals from a telecoil. It also has TV hearing devices, including TV PLAY, which streams sounds from your TV stereo to your hearing aids. Widex also sells a wireless remote control so you can easily adjust volume and switch programs.

Other Widex hearing aid accessories include PefectDry Lux Dryer, which sanitizes and dries hearing aids in 45 minutes, and color-coded batteries.

How much does a Widex hearing aid cost?

Widex does not publish hearing aid prices on its website. To learn more about Widex hearing aid prices, it’s best to speak to a local hearing care professional that sells Widex hearing aids. We were able to find pricing from Widex dealers and have published them in the chart below.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
    Widex UNIQUE$1,200 to $1,500
    Widex BEYOND$1,299 to $2,400
    Widex EVOKE$1,399 to $1,799

How to buy Widex hearing aids

To buy Widex hearing aids, fill out a form with Widex, and a local hearing care professional will contact you. Widex doesn’t sell its devices directly to consumers. A participating hearing care specialist can test your hearing and determine which Widex hearing aid is a good fit for your degree of hearing loss, lifestyle and budget. Be sure to ask about Widex’s free hearing aid trial.

Widex hearing aids FAQ

What is Widex EVOKE?
    EVOKE is Widex’s smart-tech hearing aid. The device automatically adjusts audio according to your needs and your surroundings.
    How much is a Widex hearing aid?
    Widex hearing aids vary widely in cost, and the company doesn’t sell directly to consumers. To get an idea of how much you’ll need to spend for the right hearing aid product for you, speak with a provider.
    Does Widex offer a free trial?
    Yes, Widex offers a no-obligation evaluation and device trial. You can get started on the website.
    Where is Widex headquartered?
    Widex’s headquarters are located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Is Widex a good hearing aid?

We recommend Widex hearing aids. Devices come in behind-the-ear and in-the-ear styles in multiple colors and with varying levels of technology. It also offers many helpful accessories. Start by providing your contact information; the company will put you in touch with a nearby hearing care professional for a no-obligation hearing evaluation and hearing aid trial.

Widex Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex Hearing Aids?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Widex USA Hearing Technology?

Original review: March 29, 2021

I've worn hearing aids for the past 38 years, starting as a toddler. Widex has been tried and true. Run through a washing machine as a kid? Oops... no problem; dry it out, turn it on. Solid. Dropped a bunch as a kid? Oops; no problem. Switched to digital around 2003 and never looked back. I wore Oticons for a short 3 year stint as an adult, and they just can't compare. I'm now back to Widex Dreams (330) as of 2019. Unfortunately, the right hearing aid has failed repeatedly every 3-6 months, requiring warranty repairs. The left hearing aid is tried and true; never a single problem. However, the right aid begins to fail by compressing sound in loud environments despite the compression setting. It then snaps back into working properly.

Eventually, the right aid simply turns off without warning in loud environments, the returns on its own a few minutes later. I've sent this aid in for repair and rebuild (now starting my 4th attempt), and all have proven unsuccessful. Fresh batteries, clean filters, nightly cleaning. Widex is a fantastic brand (as evidenced by my left aid and all previous models I've worn, digital and analog, BTE and ITC). However, one star is docked because I cannot hear my children in the back seat while driving, and this creates a potentially dangerous distraction. I cannot continue in this fashion. I still have my previous models (antiquated digital technology) that are more reliable than this daggum right hearing aid.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

The hearing aids work well to allow me to hear higher frequency sounds that are lost to me because of machine noise in the past. My GP had recommended I see an audiologist and be tested because of the hearing loss.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I am a hot air balloon pilot in Toronto and lost hearing due to burner noise. Widex was always better for sound quality and unique programs accessible on my cell phone. Worth the slightly higher price.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I struggled with the Bluetooth connectivity as I was experiencing extreme dropout of the signal. Also connectivity to my iPhone was and issue. After many software updates on both the hearing aides and also the iphone it appears that this issues have been resolved. I was very disappointed with the followup from the Widex organization.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I have had these hearing aids since 11/20 and have had problems with both of them, just stop working, had them replaced, same issue and the android Bluetooth app never finds the left aid. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Updated on 03/23/2021: Despite my providing Widex with the serial numbers of my hearing aids that they requested, and their indication that they would get back to me, there has been no follow-through. My hearing loss has caused me a great deal of stress, anxiety, and depression. I was encouraged by their initial reaction and was hopeful that some action would be taken. Thus far it has been very disappointing.

Updated on 03/03/2021: I was gratified at the initial response from Widex, asking me for information about the hearing aids and assuring me that they will investigate and get back to me. It’s been a while and there has been no follow-through. My confidence level in Widex is now tenuous. Perhaps this second posting will generate action. Hope so.

Original Review: Purchased top-of-the-line Widex hearing aids. Have never been satisfied with the operation. Sound quality poor, muffled - goes in and out, my own voice sounds like quacking. Automatic setups no difference. Very expensive and useless. No satisfaction from the manufacturer. Terrible customer service. Don’t waste your money..

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Arlene, we are sorry to hear of your experience. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, serial number and provider you are working with so we can investigate? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I purchased the Widex Evoke rechargeable hearing aids. I have had random shrill beeping in my ear and my audiologist sent them in. I was told they were having an issue with the rechargeable batteries and would not be replacing those anymore yet I paid an extra $300 for that feature. However, even with regular batteries the hearing aids continue to beep randomly even after being sent back to widex for “fixing”. I’m sure this will keep up (sending back to “fix”) until my warranty is up and I have to shell out another $3000 for hearing aids. What a waste of money! I want a brand new pair at no cost or my money completely refunded, not widex to keep trying to fix them especially since rechargeable is what sold me.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Amanda, we are sorry to hear of your experience. Can you please send us a private message with your serial number and provider name for investigation? Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Have had many problems with the right one cutting out. Sent out for repair. Finally replaced after failed attempts to fix. Now the left one just totally shut down. I will never buy another pair of Widex. Had Phonaks before and never had a problem. Audiologists recommended these.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Diane, we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please send us your serial number, first and last name and name of your provider. We'd like to investigate. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Within the warranty, one of the hearing aids stopped functioning. When sent in to be fixed, I was told the rechargeable feature of the hearing aid could no longer be repaired and that I would have to use regular batteries. I paid for the rechargeable feature and got a special charging case. I regard this as poor service and poor warranty service. I wrote a complaint to the Widex site and received no reply. Will not buy this brand again, but am stuck with my investment for several more years. Beware.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi David, can you please send us a private message with your serial number and name of clinic so we can investigate further? Thank you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Purchased the latest/greatest Moment HA and was expecting an amazing experience all around. While I am pleased with my ability to now hear everything around me with great clarity under most conditions, I am less than pleased with poor streaming of music and podcasts to my HA. Unless my cell phone is less than 24 inches from my HA, audio fades in and out resulting in a terrible experience. My audiologist was able to return my original pair thinking that the antenna was defective. Received a new replacement pair today and there was no improvement. I contacted Widex technical support and was told they have heard from others with this problem and they are working on a software and firmware update. They could not say when the issue would be corrected. Needless to say I am very disappointed and may return the hearing aids and consider another company. For almost $7,500, I would expect better.

Widex Hearing Aids response

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your experience and we understand the inconvenience. Fortunately in the coming month, we will have a firmware update to resolve that issue. A notification will come through the app to alert you when the free firmware update is ready to update your hearing aids. Thank you

Find a Hearing Aid partner near you.

Widex Hearing Aids Company Information