Get Pricing

2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.4/5 (337 ratings)

About Hear.com

Hear.com helps customers choose between hearing aid brands to find the best fit for their needs. The company has worked with more 100,000 customers and helps make it simple and convenient to find the right hearing aids. Customers can take advantage of Hear.com’s financing options to pay for their hearing aids. Hear.com includes a 45-day trial to ensure every customer is satisfied with their hearing aids.

Pros

• 100% money-back guarantee
  • 45-day trial
  • Financing options

Cons

• Provider network not available in Alaska or North Dakota

Bottom Line

Hear.com's expert audiologists provide concierge service to help you choose from eight hearing aid brands. The company guarantees that you'll like your purchase and provides follow-up care.

Hear.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hear.com?

Resolution response: Feb. 18, 2020

Thanks for the apology.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Elizabeth called within an hour of me entering my information. She explained to me a bunch of stuff, including that there are 3 levels of aids: low, middle, and high. Probably because I'm a software developer, she told me that the low-range aids would not be the best way to go (she compared them to an old, slow computer). I said that's fine, but I would not do the high-end because price was an issue. She set me up with Hear.com app, which was then the main way we corresponded (via texting on it). She asked what color I would like, but didn't really tell me what would be best. She said Silver is the most popular color.

Several days later she told me she had a local place picked out, and I really liked the location. She also told me the price for the pair would be $5500, at which I was very surprised because I was looking to spend no more than $3000, based on previous research. I kept the appointment just to see what it was like. The hearing aids are very nice but the place was a little tiny place with only 2 small rooms and out-dated equipment. The people were very nice & showed me how to use the aids. However, the man did tell me it was his best model. Bottom line is that Elizabeth didn't listen to me, and can't be trusted. I will be returning the aids during my 45-day trial. I've already ordered another pair with another provider who really took the time to listen to me & my needs. The pair is a mid-range level for $2800.

Hear.com response

Hi Matt! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. Our goal at hear.com is to help find the perfect solution that meets needs, which most definitely includes your budget. Elizabeth is one of our top consultants, and very unlike her to ignore your budget needs especially if you communicated it with her directly. Although it didn't work out with our company, we are happy to hear that you were able to find a solution.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

After contacting Hear.com they helped me select the local company (Moran hearing aid center). Mr. Moran tested my hearing and he recommended allegry free molds for my ears. They turned out to be to heavy and kept falling. They shipped a different hearing device that was smaller and in the ear. These hearing aids work great. Hear.com stayed in touch all throughout the evaluation. I am very satisfied with both companies and I am enjoying my new hearing aids.

Hear.com response

Hi William. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with hear.com. Glad to hear you had a great experience with our partner provider, we take pride in our selection of hand-picked local providers. Also, we are happy to hear that your hearing aid expert stayed in contact with you. If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy hearing! - hear.com team

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Boy before I got the hearing aid, I always asking peoples what you say, now I hear extremely well now thanks to Hear.com. When I went there I was nervous. They are so polite and courteous They take a ear impression, wait a week or two and wow I can hear again.

Hear.com response

Hi Anthony. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with hear.com. We are happy to hear that you can here so well. Goal accomplished! We know that getting hearing aids can be nerve-wracking which is why we try to make the process as easy as possible for you. We wish you happy hearing! - hear.com team

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I have needed to use hearing aids for 12 years now. I have used both local audiologists as well as online services. In an industry plagued with slimy con artists, these are absolutely the worst, both Margaret **'s office and the parent company Hear.com. I responded to an ad for free hearing test and trial of hearing aids (which is free only if you end up buying the product).

I was interested in the Bluetooth feature. When using the trial aids, I noticed that the Bluetooth feature kept cutting out. The hearing component was comparable to the $1500 pair that I had purchased online (this pair cost thousands). After some trial and error and many trips back to the audiologist, it was discovered that the software was corrupted. If I purchased a pair, the problem would be corrected. I did and it wasn't. They blamed the iPhone, but apple did an in depth troubleshooting of my phone and concluded definitively that the phone was not to blame. I tried another pair and same problem. I could get the Bluetooth working, only to have it quit an hour or so later.

Another issue was rechargeable battery life. I was told that it was 18 hours. Rarely would I get even 12 hours. I was told, Haha, some of our users only get 4 hours of battery life. I asked to return the aids for a refund. I was told that as long as they could get them working in the office, I could not return them even if they would quit an hour later. About the battery life, just carry the charger with you everywhere you go and when they die, just put them in the charger for 45 minutes. I finally told them that I no longer wished to keep them and was sent a copy of the contract with, Haha, your return period has expired. Dozens of phone calls to the corporate office and I have yet to get a return call. On hold to customer support for over an hour before being cut off. I feel as though I have be lied to and cheated. Do not use this company unless you want the same.

Hear.com response

Hi Bruce. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. My name is Lesly and I've been assigned to your case. I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I'll do everything I can to make sure we get this resolved for you. As you can see from our many positive reviews, we are known to deliver a high quality of service. We have a 92% success rate, so I am confident we can find a solution. I'll be reaching out to you soon to find a solution to this quickly. - Lesly

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I expressed an interest in hearing aids to two different companies online after I could no longer hear a large amount of what my wife and other people with higher frequency voices said and I couldn't hear at all in crowded rooms. The two companies had what appeared to be similar products but Hear.com was substantially lower priced. Hear.com explained what type of products are available on the market and who the three main manufacturers of hearing aids are. They asked me detailed questions as to the nature of my hearing difficulties and asked what my objectives were in improving my hearing. They send me for a full hearing evaluation by an audiologist and after they reviewed the results with me they then suggested models they thought were the most appropriate for me.

They then referred me to Hearing Rehabilitation, a local company that sells and services many brands of hearing aids. They, and many other companies, give special discounted prices for most or all of those brands. Hear.com kept in close contact with me calling me after each stage of the process and making sure everything was going well and that I was happy with everyone involved. They were great! I decided on a Widex (manufacturer) EF23TT model that includes bluetooth. My telephone and music system now play in my ears and I can hear all phone calls very clearly, one of my bigger complaints before getting the hearing aids.

My friends and family love the fact that I am no longer asking them to repeat everything and I participate in activities more often since I can hear everyone. My hearing is not perfect but it has improved so much that I'm enjoying meeting with friends and going out to dinner and for drinks and other social events. My tinnitus is almost nonexistent while wearing my hearing aids and they are so comfortable I forget that I'm wearing them. I should have started wearing hearing aids several years ago but I love having them now. Thank you Hear.com and Hearing Rehabilitation for helping me so much! My hearing aids have rechargeable batteries that hold a charge for about 16 hours, I would highly suggest them and my hearing aids are so small that it's very hard for people to tell I'm wearing them. They're great.

Sincerely,

Loren

Hear.com response

Hi Loren, thank you for taking the time to share your story. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with hear.com. There's nothing better than being able to enjoy all the sounds life has to offer. It's also great to hear that your tinnitus has been improved by wearing hearing aids, many people suffer from ringing in their ears and don't know that hearing aids will help. We hope you continue to enjoy your new hearing aids. Happy hearing! -hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased hearing aids because I was missing out on a lot of things in conversation. I called on the phone and they told me where I could purchase the hearing aids which I did and I went in for a hearing test and then had everything explained to me and bought the hearing aids. I like that they are Bluetooth enabled so I can listen to music or answer the phone with them on.

Hear.com response

Hi Jerry. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your hearing aids. Happy hearing and happy holidays! - hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Hear.com sent me to an audiologist for exam. I was shocked first by my loss and shocked even more (but pleasantly) by my new hearing aids. Amazing transformation! I didn't know we had so many birds or that my hardwood floors creaked so much! Thank you!!!

Hear.com response

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear you were pleasantly shocked! It's incredible how we don't notice what we're missing out on. Now it's time to enjoy the holidays! Happy hearing - hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have been deprived of ability to hear everything for so many years and reached a point where I need to have something to enhance my hearing capability or life would be so much difficult for a senior citizen like me. I just wish that hearing aids are more affordable so that other senior citizens who solely rely on Social Security can enjoy a better life.

Hear.com response

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share. We are happy the hearing aids were able to enhance your hearing capabilities. We acknowledge that hearing aids are an investment. We try our best to provide affordable solutions. We also work with insurance companies and financing to make it even more affordable. We wish you a happy holiday season! - hear.com team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Everyone will lose their hearing, it’s inevitable! I have noticed that I’m not hearing everything I used to so I went for a Hearing Test for Hear.com. They set me up w/ a great specialist who enlightened me to the world of Hearing Aids, as well as the customers waiting to see him, too. After taking the test, he said I’m Not quite ready for hearing aids, but to keep my eyes open about the advancement in the industry. So much has happened recently to improve hearing aids that you almost don’t notice anyone wearing them. My time will come, as will yours. Thanks again Hear.com for opening my eyes to better hearing.

Hear.com response

Hi Keith! Thank you for sharing your experience with our company. So happy we were able to open your eyes to a world of better hearing. Soon it might be your ears! If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy hearing - hear.com team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I already had hearing aids but they were 7 years old and I couldn’t hear with them anymore. I first looked online for the ones you just order for about $300. Talk to someone that had a pair and he said that they just magnified the sound. So I tried Hear.com. Had the hearing test and they recommended a pair based on my test results. These things are amazing. I haven’t heard things this clear in 25 years. You have so many different adjustments you can with your phone that cover so many different environments that you may be in. These adjustments are amusing. I would recommend these aids for anybody that is tired of not hearing when in a restaurant, watching tv, sporting events and many more. You get a 45 day free trial to make up your mind. They are worth the money and they will help you with the financing.

Hear.com response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to share your story. It truly is amazing what a pair of medical-grade hearing aids can do for one's life. The technology also has gotten much better, explains the clarity! Great to hear about your positive experience with our company and the devices. Happy hearing! - hear.com team

Hear.com Company Information