Starkey Hearing Aids
2.66/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a good hearing aid?

Starkey Hearing Aids

Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded in 1967, the company is recognized for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. The company develops, manufactures and distributes hearing aids via three distinct brands – Audibel, NuEar and its original brand, Starkey. As the only American-owned and American-operated provider of hearing technologies, Starkey Hearing Technologies is proud to support veterans and active military service personnel with the best in American innovation, including a suite of revolutionary hearing technologies and other resources. Starkey Hearing Technologies currently employs more than 5,000 people, operates 24 facilities and conducts business in more than 100 markets worldwide.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

38 Starkey Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have been wearing hearing aids for almost 20 years. For the last three, I've been wearing a pair of Z series standard BTEs and I love them. They have been the best HAs I've ever worn for comfort, sound quality and performance. I'm so pleased that I'll be getting another pair when I'm eligible next month. I have moderately severe hearing loss and tinnitus. I have no problem hearing now wherever I go, no matter what the listening environment is. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a pair of Starkey 1600s in October of 2016! It’s now October of 2018 and guess what, one doesn’t work. When the salesperson told me she couldn’t fix it, I needed to send it in for $265! Not bad after spending almost $4K for the pair and they basically lasted 2 years.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Heard a lot about this hearing aid and company representative visited. It's my feeling that their aim is to sell the machine only. Major drawback: 1. They never tell you that it's highly sensitive to ear wax. It has a very small hole and that fills up with wax and it stop working. They take it granted that at the age of 80 years there is no wax at all. 2. The battery hardly works for 3-4 days. Company rep informed 15 days. Current situation is that you need to change the battery every third day, else it's again dead. 3. Company must tell these things clearly but their aim is to sell the machine irrespective of it's useful or not. At the age of 80 years, this is not the right product and one must see its pros and cons from users and not rely upon the company representative whose aim is to sell only. In my case its just waste of money.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am legally deaf in the high frequencies. In 7/2017, after being informed that my insurance would cover a new set of hearing aids, I asked if the technology had improved since I got my first aids 3 or so years ago. I was told yes. I replaced my over the ear Starkey aids with the "in the canal" aids. First problem: Ears get plugged up due to vacuum created when car door shuts. They made adjustments, but I still occasionally have that problem in the car, or not in the car. Second Problem: Setting #2 is for Crowds. I can't hear a person 3 feet away from me in a crowded, loud room. So I told my husband I have to avoid crowds.

Third Problem: I noticed I could not hear the beep of a carbon monoxide alarm in our micro mini RV. I informed the audiologist about this today and he told me to bring in an alarm to test and adjust! Can't he create the sound in the office and make adjustments? Fourth Problem: I still remove the hearing aids when talking on the phone and I avoid speaking on my mobile phone. I get by using the landline and using the speakerphone. When on the phone or anywhere I still tell people I am hearing impaired and to slow down and speak up. So much for improved hearing! The only plus is I can hear the TV better. Anyone with high frequency hearing loss beware of the hype about how good the hearing aids will be. I have lots of hearing aid batteries and am a scuba diver. Once my diving days are over I plan to get cochlear implants.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I first started wearing hearing aids 6 years ago at 47. I started with Phonak absolutely no complaints. I upgraded to Starkey Z series, nice great phone options as far as having a built in mic on the hearing aid, downside was the power consumption, it needed a car battery to keep it operational. I now use the Halo 2. It's ok at best, the streaming from the phone is nice, to use the phone One must use the mic on phone while the caller is streamed to your ear. The Halo does not like heat, on hot summer days it will go into suppression making hearing impossible.

Starkey boasts over what they call mfi or made for iPhone, what is offered isn’t really all that different than what other mfg offer. It’s an app that connects your hearing aids to your phone and controls settings, volume etc. for it being an mfi instrument it really doesn’t do much, it does even less with the Apple Watch. Starkey isn’t terribly bad, but I don’t see them as the best, shop around investigate and ask questions. The best is only a perception like Ford or Chevy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey Hearing Technologies?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

L-Z SERIES i30 RIC12d-15578784 & 15578801: I am so upset with this company. The Surflink #** that we paid $899.00 did not even work. I packaged it up and sent it back to David ** @ Starkey, AKA American Hearing Benefits with a note requesting a refund. Much to my surprise another Surflink arrived. WE DON'T WANT IT BECAUSE HIS HEARING AIDS DON'T WORK. He has only wore these for a total of 2 weeks combined since MAY 6, 2015. Looking at my invoice. It states Mfr Warranty Expires 5/13/18. Why have you never honored this. I just got off the phone @ 1-88-66-940 where a woman answered the phone. She stated you can only have a cash refund within the 1st 30 days, the other date is for repair. So Why didn't I get a refund for the Surflink that was sent back within the first 30 days?

Hi Carl,

Thank you for making us aware that you were having difficulties. We're extremely sorry to hear about your experience and we will use your feedback to improve our products and services.

We would love to help make things right. Please contact us for at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased my first hearing aids one year ago. Starkey was recommended by my audiologist for my type of lifestyle. Though they were definitely expensive, they have been absolutely wonderful. Rechargeable so I don’t need to mess with batteries, easy to clean and best hearing experience with no feedback. And... no one can even see them! Worth it in so many ways!

Hi Becky,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying your devices.

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: June 24, 2018

I bought the Halo iQ aids for 3600 bucks. After picking them up and paying the audiologist informed me that 500 bucks would be kept if I returned the aids for “professional services”. Not very professional to steal money from your “patients”. Anyway, these aids do not work much at all. The volume is a joke, the app is the same and I will definitely be returning them. Maybe just go to Miracle-Ear where most comments are favorable!

Hi Robert,

Thank you for providing your feedback and for making us aware that you were having difficulties with your devices. We're extremely sorry to hear about your experience and we will use your feedback to improve our products as this is an unusual experience.

If you give us the chance, please contact us for at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com We would like to discuss the matter further with you and see how we can make things right.

- Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased Starkey hearing aids for my mother aged 84 years through HearFones. Since day 1 my mother was not able to hear, after repeated requests the hearing aid was taken for repairs but no change. My mother is a widow with limited means and paid Rs 18000/- with great difficulty. We feel cheated and would want a refund.

Hi Shagufta,

Thank you for making us aware that you were having difficulties with your devices. We're extremely sorry to hear about your experience and we will use your feedback to improve our products.

Please contact us for at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com so that we can address all of your concerns.

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have worn hearing aids for about 20 years and never had any problems. My last pair were Phonak and are wonderful. Still after 7 years I decided to upgrade to new tech. My mistake. I paid $7000.00 for Starkey Hearing Aids that have not worked from day one. Accuquest Hearing said that they will make them work. I have been back to them every week for a year and 1/2 and they still don't work. I have finally given up, it’s too late to return them, so I will keep them as a backup, and buy a new pair of Phonak aids. Don't waste your money on Starkey aids. They’re terrible.

Hi Robert,

- Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: March 1, 2018

I'm an experienced acoustician, so my comments will be "techie". Becoming a senior citizen and then some, the need finally arose in 2015 for hearing aids, chiefly because my understanding rapid repartee in conferences and meetings became harder than ever. The Starkey RIC seemed to do the job with two disappointments:

1- The round black rubber 5mm diameter ear canal leafs were very irritating to my ear canal openings. These openings are flat-ovals and NOT round like the silicone leafs. Closing my jaw narrows the openings further to only be only one mm (left) or two mm (right). At best, these leafs rested with force within that flat oval (right) or across that flat oval (left) entering only via pain. This led to requiring a day or two of rest between wearings. More recently the 5mm leafs were replaced with softer gray clear 3mm silicone leafs that can be worn more often. The left leaf can penetrate the oval with little pain, but often comes out to rest across the oval opening. This remains to be a problem.

2- I queried at the outset whether ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) was yet implemented in these hearing aids, as I know scientifically this is feasible, and will be in hearing aids soon in this 21st Century. That is, for we Elders, along with the loss of high-frequency acuity with age (presbycusis) there is also a reduction in dynamic range (recruitment) where quiet sounds are inaudible while very loud sounds are painful and harmful (i.e. a loss of dynamic range).

Consequently, low frequency sound presented to our ear will be painful and distorting in many social and work environments (loud cocktail parties, bars, concerts and sporting events) often where speech sound amplification is wanted and applied, with the result that speech perception is achieved only when accompanied with painful loud mid-frequency piercing sounds; totally uninvited. The solution is to introduce canceling low-frequency sound to eliminate its nuisance presence, while allowing or amplifying the critical speech sounds in the higher frequency ranges where most of the speech discrimination occurs. An R&D program yet to be executed; but I patiently wait for it to mature.

Hi Angelo,

Thank you for making us aware of your experience with our product. We try to maintain our devices to the highest standards and we will use your feedback to improve our products.

Please contact us for any further questions or comments at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com We look forward to addressing your concerns.

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I paid £3100 for two hearing aids. I had to change my phone to IPhone so I could use the Bluetooth facility. I was also supplied with a Sure surf box for tv. However it doesn’t work with my hearing aids! Only solution offered has been to change the hearing aids to ones compatible with the Sure surf box but to lose the use of Bluetooth with the phone! Did you not bloody know in the first place that it wouldn’t work with my hearing aids? You took my money for something that is of no use to me. The hearing aids are not all they are cracked up to be and your customer service is crap. To cap it all you ask deaf people (Your customers) to phone you despite being deaf. Are you having a laugh?

Hi David,

We would love to make things right, please email us at information@starkey.com. We look forward to addressing your concerns and ensuring that you are a satisfied customer.

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My husband bought these in Aug 2014. We decided he pay a higher price ($5,490.00) for what we thought would be quality hearing aids. They worked great for 6 months. After that it was nothing but trouble. Starkey rebuilt/replaced them at least 5 times because they were still under warranty. However they never worked properly after all repairs and replacement. Thus we are going to look at other hearing aids tomorrow (1-4-18). Stay away from these hearing aids. They are not worth the price and aggravation.

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for making us aware that you were having difficulties with your devices. We're very sorry to hear about your experience.

We would love to make this right. Please contact us for at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com.

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I got my first Starkey hearing Aids 4 years ago from the VA (3 series |110 mini BTE). They were great. I was so happy with them. At two years one side stopped working. The VA had it repaired. Still had problems with using the cell phone and the TV was better but not perfect. At 4 years I noticed the I had to turn them up a lot and the cell phone and TV were getting worse, so I went back to the VA with the issues thinking that they would reprogram them for me or hoping that they might give me the ones that link to the cell phone. They confirmed that my hearing had changed some, didn't like hearing that. And they said that they were giving me new ones (MUSE RIC) and the Surflink for the cell phone and TV. I was at that time happy the hear that. Well when I got them I was even happier yet as they were even better than my old ones which worked great.

The surflink is fantastic, I hear the cell phone perfectly plus I don't need to hold it to my eye and just leave it in my pocket. I don't feel them in my ears and they aren't seen, no one notices that I have them unless I point it out. I have accidentally worn them into the shower (not for long) and I have been in the rain with many times and NO problem at all. I don't understand the reviews as to water problems. As to the reviews that they didn't work right I am sure their problem is the place that they had them programmed and NOT the hearing aid, they should try going to a different place to get them adjusted. I was always worried about losing my old ones so only used them when I had to, they could be knocked off and the VA told me that they would only replace lost ones once. The new RIC ones I wear all the time as if it is knocked off of my ear it will hang from the part that is in my ear canal.

It takes a little time to get use to hearing sounds that you haven't been hearing correctly for years, but once you do it is great. But to be able to understand people and women and cell phones and the TV is just great. I also wonder if some people aren't keeping theirs clean and free of wax as in the case of one review that said that they didn't work. Anyone that even has a small hearing loss should get a pair of these, I wish that I had gotten mine many years earlier. I really love my hearing aids. I didn't know that I could get these and glasses and medical care from the VA until someone had told me about it. I'm a Vietnam veteran that has been suffering from the effects of being sent to Vietnam.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I've been hard of hearing since I was 6 years old. I'm now 52 so I know more than most. I've been sold top of range hearing aids suppose to be moist resistance so they say. What a joke. Not even resistant to humidity. I would steer away from buying any products from Starkey. I've have nothing but constant repairs after repairs. I'm a professional truck driver and Starkey doesn't know how vital it is or how I rely and depend on these hearing aids. Paid up to 6 thousand that came with dryer and surf link. So pathetic. Waste of money on these useless hearing aids.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

When I was diagnosed needing hearing aids in 2014, I visited several audiologists and picked one that I liked. She recommended Starkey. So I put out almost $7k for the top of line RIC aids and the Surfline unit. These hearing aids have never worked properly. They don't really improve my hearing in conversations but I get all kinds of click clack noises. I had my hearing rechecked and the hearing aids were deemed correct. The biggest issue is the part that goes in my ear. For some reason it is a BLACK plastic and I think I am allergic to it. After wearing the hearing aids for several hours my ear canals become itchy, red, and scaly. The little wire tail pops out of my ear and won't stay put. This is a very poor design and I see that Starkey has changed this part, but I was told I would have to buy a whole new pair of hearing aids to get the new little earbud. So, the hearing aids just got thrown in a drawer and I don't wear them. Wasted money, wasted effort, wasted time!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

My son has worn hearing aids since age 3 so I am quite knowledgeable in the area of what to expect, features, etc. When recently diagnosed with a medical induced hearing loss, I first researched a provider that was a board certified audiologist and that offered the top known and well recognized brands. You also want to select a provider that is well versed in the brands offered so that they are very familiar with how to properly adjust your new hearing aids for your particular hearing loss.

For over 30 years I have been very familiar and pleased for my son with ReSound and Phonak hearing aids. I read some research on Starkey and the Halo 2 (top of the line) seemed to offer the same features as the latest Phonak. Against my better judgment and experience, I let the audiologist guide me toward Starkey. It was the brand that she knew best and apparently the one recommended to most clients. She indicated she has some familiarity with Phonak.

I purchased the Halo 2 three one-half months ago and have been back and forth so many times it is frustrating. One of the primary advertising points of the Halo 2 is that they are designed for iPhone for streaming of music, phone, etc. directly into the hearing aids. Phonak offers same features. However, when I stream my phone calls directly into my hearing aids, I have a constant clicking in both aids. The hearing aids were shipped back to the factory once, and returned that nothing was wrong. I borrowed a pair of loaners during that time and had no issues during the loan period.

I am now being told that the clicking is due to the type of technology that iPhone uses for streaming and that there is nothing that can be done to avoid the clicking and that all hearing aids will do the same unless you use a separate streaming device. I purchased a new iPhone solely based on the streaming advertised feature. The sound in my hearing aids is clear but I still have difficulty understanding individuals even in quiet environments. Since it appears I am stuck with the hearing aids at a cost of $6000 I will have to keep them but I would definitely not recommend them.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I have a friend who let me try her Starkey Halos and I loved how they worked. I thus bought the new Halo 2 hearing aids and from day 1 I hated them as they were worse than no hearing aids as background noise was horrible. I could not hear the people I was with any better. About 10 times I went in and they reprogrammed them. Still total JUNK - they are refunding my money and I will try Audicus which has a 45 day return policy and they are a lot less money and smaller.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Granted, they are new to me... but that is one of the reasons I'm so pleased. The devices are so comfortable I hardly knew they were in my ears from the first moment. There is a "getting to know you" period when they're new, and that is what I'm doing now. You lose your hearing over a period of years, not noticing until your family starts saying, "Mom, you need to get your ears tested," but when you get hearing aids, it's a sudden change and can be a little disconcerting. I can hear my cat chewing his kibble from across the room! The hearing practice I went to was American Hearing Care in St. Augustine, FL. They couldn't have been better. The hearing test was thorough and everything was discussed afterwards. I chose the second to highest level model and it was around $5,000, but had everything I needed. The devices are tiny, and invisible and come with a 2-year warranty which includes damage and loss. I highly recommend these hearing aids.

Original review: June 12, 2017

THE WORST HEARING AIDS EVER! 2 1/2 years ago, I purchased very expensive Starkey Hearing Aids with all the bells and whistles. Recently, I had them replaced under warranty. Both, the original set and the replacements are equally bad. Whenever my audiologist tries to adjust the volume, the sound becomes sharp and harsh, and the hearing aid gives off a sound from at least 6 inches away from the ear. So, he adjusts the volume down with the result that I cannot hear people a few feet away! And forget giving someone a hug without triggering a squealing sound! Previous to these hearing aids, I used Phonak hearing aids. The sound is close to normal hearing and without all the noise on the side. If you need hearing aids, make sure you use them on a free trial basis, before plunking down $6,000.00 or more. Your hearing aid must be sound adjustable, not just for the volume! Good luck!

Original review: May 30, 2017

My mother in law purchased a set of Starkey hearing aids from Hearing Life in Viera Florida model # 17-14-100363 for approximately 4 thousand dollars (not covered by insurance) in 2015. They have never worked correctly. She had hearing test done twice and they assured her they were the right pair for her hearing. They sent back the left one when she first got them because they said something was wrong with it. To this day she can't hear anything while wearing them. She changes the batteries every day and we yell and repeat ourselves for everything we say. You can imagine how frustrating this gets to be.

I called the company customer service directly and all they could say was they only sell the units and directed me to a different hearing office to get her hearing checked again. The office where she purchased the first pair recommended buying a new pair (upgrade-another 5 thousand dollars). Basically she wasted 4 thousand dollars on 2 pieces of plastic junk that she puts Hattie's in every day. I think this is a big scam to steal money from senior citizens who need REAL hearing aids. There should be some kind of class action suit against this company to make them accountable.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have worn hearing aids for 20+ years and these are the worst hearing aids that I have ever used. I was enticed by what seemed to be a lower cost at first, but I can definitely see that the whole "you get what you pay for" phrase really comes into play with these. It started off by them telling me these were the highest technology, after doing more research I find out that Starkey is actually pretty low technology, even in their "high" stuff.

Noise is where I have the most trouble, but that isn't even it all. I can barely hear my husband as he's sitting right across the kitchen table from me in quiet. When I was tested, they told me my speech understanding was 96% in quiet and 80% in noise, I might get about 50% understanding with these things in. Conversation is better with my old hearing aids than with these. I went back to ask for a refund because after 10+ adjustments they still were not working and they told me nothing could be done about it. TERRIBLE!!!

Original review: April 18, 2017

The phone mode never worked for more than 1 word. Even when they put over 8 magnets on my phone. The auto volume was slow to turn down, if at all, to loud noise. When it did the noise would be back to normal but the aids would stay at low volume. The only way to get the volume back is to shut the aids off and restart. They have stopped working so many times that I have lost count. The last time after factory fixing they still did not work. Now 9 months later, they distort if more than 1 person talks at same time.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I have ITC hearing aids from Starkey that continue getting holes in them. Four different times. 2 times in the left side and two times on the right side. New ones were made each time and they last about two months. The holes are in the plastic casing. Paid over 5000 dollars out of pocket!!! Asked Local shop where I purchased them if they could just take a picture of the hole so I wouldn't be waiting for the new ones to be made and was told no they need to use the inside components of the old one to make new shell. This leads me to believe they have it inside circuitry probably that is heating up causing a plastic to wear and get hole. Soon my one year warranty will be done and I will be out of my money. I believe this company is aware of the problem and have not made attempts to fix it!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I lost my hearing in an accident and was issued hearing aids from Advanced Hearing Center in Atlanta Ga. I have never been satisfied with the quality of the Starkey Z Series and it's accompanying "Surf Link" Unit. But my complaint is about the SurfLink Unit and should be taken as a WARNING to those people comparing hearing aids. Most insurance companies WILL NOT supply insurance to cover the extraordinary cost of any hearing devices so be aware of your future needs when buying these products!

The Surf Link Unit is poorly designed and poorly engineered and will go out of warranty within one year of purchase. This is my second Unit replacement and is now out of warranty and will cost me $700.00 to replace - due to Manufacturing Issues. These "one-year" warranties should always be a RED FLAG to us, as this is a sign of "planned obsolescence". The Starkey Company is not at all interested in helping people with issues related to its technology, manufacturing, or replacement of defective parts. Its sole interest is in money... and making LOTS OF IT.

I am deeply disappointed in the results I have gotten from these hearing aids, and I regret to say these companies are all the same. Each new device (or "upgrade") is technology based on obsolescence and will get more complex over time costing people in need of these devices thousands of dollars. Remember... no insurance will cover them, so you are out of pocket when the warranty runs out and the device MUST be replaced. Sure, you can spend and extra $250.00 EVERY YEAR to continue your warranty, but do you see where this is going? Starkey should be ashamed to be in business if they have no intention whatsoever of standing behind their product.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Employees were thorough in their explanations and knowledgeable on the topic matter. Addressed me attentively and were very polite. In addition, they gave me 100% of their attention and answered any questions I had thoroughly and with plenty of patience. Their attire was appropriate for their job and the establishment was very well-maintained and thorough in what it carried. Atmosphere was welcoming and very clean. This product is a very valuable item to me as it helps me through everyday life and makes doing, usually, difficult tasks very simple and possible to achieve. Quality of the product is the best I've ever used since needing it. I have also never had any issues or complications in using this product.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Excellent to deal with. They were courteous and knowledgeable. I felt like they had my best interests at heart. I was totally comfortable with the service. The product is excellent. It really brings a clarity to the sounds around me and is comfortable to wear. It is discreet and hardly noticeable. The value is incredibly good. For what it does it is inexpensive without being cheap. There is great technology and craftsmanship involved and is a high-quality product. The quality is excellent. It is well crafted and works fantastically. It is almost like it is my natural hearing. I can't speak highly enough about it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I needed information about which product would be best for me and they were very fast to respond. I was very happy with the speed and detail of the response. It made me very happy that they were so fast. I am very happy with my hearing aide. It works great and is very easy to change the battery in. It is very comfortable and fits nicely. The price was very reasonable as well. I feel like I received a good deal and would look forward to doing business with them again. I feel like the pricing was extremely fair. I feel that the quality of what I received was exactly as described and well worth the price I paid. I have had no issues with it so far. I have only had to change the battery once and it was not that difficult to do. I feel like the battery life is better than some products I have had before.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I had to contact customer support to find some compatible devices that work with this one; they were 100% helpful and went out of their way to help me any way they could. This is one of the better devices on the market today. It far outperforms the competition and is made of quality material. I can't complain at all about the performance of this device. For what it's worth, I paid maybe HALF of what I could have! Not only is this one of the better devices, but the price point is probably one of the best. This is made of a high-quality material. I've dropped them a bunch of times and they have survived without a problem at all. A few scratches and dents, but still functioning 100%.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

The people I talked to were very helpful and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The lady made sure I had everything I needed. The hearing aid helped me hear things I forgot I wasn't even hearing. It was amazing experience.and I would highly recommend it to anyone that ask. It was a very valuable product that I could afford without giving my left arm, foot and ear. I could still get some food afterward. I went to get a burrito and fries. It has been very good for me. It has not broke. It has changed my life and what I expect from hearing aids. It makes me happy and full of joy.

Starkey Hearing Technologies expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1967, Starkey Hearing Technologies is an American-owned company that partners with customers, manufacturers and facilities around the world to provide innovative hearing solutions for consumers. Starkey believes every person has the right to hear the world around them, which is why they make a donation to the Starkey Hearing Foundation with every purchase made. To date, they have helped donate over 1 million hearing aids globally.

• Innovation: Starkey Hearing Technologies is at the forefront of advanced technology and innovation, including being the first company to introduce nanotechnology to hearing aids. They offer in-the-canal, in-the-ear, behind-the-ear aids and more.

• American-made: Starkey is the only American-owned and operated hearing aid innovator and manufacturer. Its products are available from hearing professionals around the United States and in several other countries around the world.

• Customized: Starkey Hearing Technologies hearing aids are customized not only to your ear shape but to your lifestyle, with options ranging from wireless to waterproof to nearly invisible.

• Evidence-based design: Starkey Hearing Technologies only makes changes and advances to their technology when they have evidence that it will actually improve the quality of hearing. While they focus on innovation, they do not subscribe to a “technology for technology’s sake” business model.

• Patient-focused: In addition to giving individual customers what they need in the moment, Starkey Hearing Technologies also listens to what their patients want from their hearing aids in the future. They respond to patient demands with improved sound quality, simpler controls and more discreet hearing aids.

• Best for: people with acquired or progressive hearing loss, aging listeners and those with active lifestyles.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
    Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Starkey Hearing Aids Company Information

1967
    6700 Washington Avenue S.
    Eden Prairie