2. Elder Care
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Starkey is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded by Bill Austin in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. Led today by President Brandon Sawalich, Starkey is the only American-owned provider of hearing technologies. The company has more than 5,000 employees, operates 26+ facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide.

Starkey Video
Starkey Gallery (6)
Starkey Hearing Aids Call Now Toll Free (888) 267-1753 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

BOTTOM LINE

Starkey Hearing Technologies develops hearing aids under three brand names. Starkey manufactures 10 different styles of hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss.

PROS

• State-of-the-art technology
  • Thrive Hearing Control app
  • Styles for all levels of hearing loss

CONS

• Not always covered by insurance

Starkey hearing aids

How do Starkey Hearing aids work?

Start by visiting your local audiologist or hearing professional to find out if you’re a candidate for Starkey hearing aids. Your health care professional can help you pick the best style of hearing aid for your lifestyle and level of hearing loss.

Some of the most popular models of Starkey hearing aids include:

Receiver-in-canal
  • Multiple technologies available
In-the-ear
  • Easy adjustments
  • For mild/severe hearing loss

What features come with Starkey hearing aids?

Some of Starkey’s hearing aids come equipped with state-of-the-art technology that allows you to stream music and phone calls. These hearing aids also let you use the Thrive Hearing Control app to control hearing aid settings from your smartphone. This controls three main settings:

• Hearing Performance controls sound quality and clarity with speech enhancement features and noise control. It allows you to create presets for regular settings.
  • Healthable Technology keeps track of your steps, daily activities and social engagement. It comes equipped with a fall-detection feature and heart rate monitoring.
  • Information Assistance lets you ask the Thrive Assistant questions to troubleshoot issues. You can request remote adjustments to your hearing aids without needing to schedule an office visit, and the app can even transcribe conversations to your smartphone.

Starkey hearing aids require a four-month adjustment period. This process of reacclimating to certain noises can be strenuous on the brain, especially if your hearing has been declining for a while. Your Starkey hearing aids could require several adjustments, so the company recommends staying in contact with your hearing professional during this period.

How much do Starkey hearing aids cost?

The cost of Starkey hearing aids varies based on the model and features. Most hearing professionals offer hearing aid payment plans, so ask your local audiologist about payment options. You could qualify for free hearing aids or a discount through:

• Your union
  • Your employer
  • Veterans Affairs benefits
  • Your insurance provider/HMO
  • A local charity

You could be eligible for partial or full coverage through Medicare or Medicaid. While most Medicare plans don’t cover hearing aids, you might receive benefits if you’re Medicare Advantage plan member. Medicaid often covers hearing aids for adults and typically gives full funding for children’s hearing aids.

Are Starkey Hearing aids worth it?

Starkey hearing aids are customizable and come in a variety of options. With the ability to easily adjust your hearing aids through the Thrive Hearing Control app, they’re a great option for all levels of hearing loss. The company also creates a variety of styles to help fit every person's preference for appearance and comfort. If you struggle with hearing loss, Starkey hearing aids could be the right choice for you.

Starkey Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This hearing aid performs better than my last one. It has better sound quality and better amplification. I find I'm able to pick up sounds that I have not been able to hear in the past. It is also able to be adjusted to the exact volume of sound coming out of my ears so the amplification is 100% accurate to my needs. This quality makes it an excellent hearing aid and is not something I have had in the past.

Hi D.C.,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave us this wonderful and thoughtful review!

Starkey

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Starkey in the canal hearing aid has been my choice for over twenty years. I have a significant identical loss from an illness at birth. I am able to hear very well and haven't had any problems with product quality or ease of use. The company has a very good warranty on their product and service well. I will return for my next set!

Hi Judith,

It is wonderful to hear about your loyalty to Starkey hearing aids! Thank you!

Starkey

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I'm very pleased with my Starkey hearing aids. My audiologist sequenced the full programming during three visits over a span of 5 weeks. I experienced no feelings of discomfort or negative sensation. I am surprised at the light weight of the units. I don't feel them at all; neither the speaker in the ear or the microphone unit behind the ear. A completely positive and productive experience all around.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you for the excellent review, David!

Original review: June 19, 2020

I’ve had Starkey hearing aids for about 7 or 8 years and they’re great. I upgraded to the Livio aids about three years ago, which was a worthwhile change. I tend not to use all of the various adjustments that are available, limiting them to a regular setting, a setting I call “restaurant” which is for noisy environments, and a setting I call “car” to deal with feedback when I’m in the enclosed space of my car (it is set to go on automatically when I’m moving faster than 10 mph, so I don’t have to adjust anything when I’m in my car). I have not noticed any problems with my hearing aids, but I’ll see my hearing provider next week for a hearing checkup and may upgrade if the hearing provider thinks the newer aids may be even better than my current Starkey Livio.

When I purchased my current hearing aids, I experimented with the AI model, but decided they weren’t useful for me because I do a fair amount of exercise and perspire enough that the perspiration always kills the batteries. Accordingly, I would not get any accurate reading of my exercise level since the batteries would die just shortly into my exercise sessions. If I were to pick my biggest complaint about the hearing aids (which may be true of all hearing aids), it’s that I can’t use them while I exercise because the perspiration gets to the batteries and they stop functioning. I, therefore, unfortunately, don’t use them in my group exercise classes (all, of course, on hold during the Covid-19 lockdowns).

I would like to use my hearing aids to better hear the TV I have in my home exercise room, but the perspiration always causes the batteries to stop working in the middle of a workout. I don’t know if rechargeable hearing aids will be better or worse for exercise. My main concern is that the perspiration will destroy the hearing aids. Anyway, I think Starkey makes a terrific hearing aid, but would prefer one that wasn’t quickly affected by perspiration.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for sharing your Starkey hearing aid experience with us! We appreciate your valuable feedback to help us make improvements to our products and service.

Starkey

Original review: April 1, 2020

I have been using Starkey Halo 2 2400 for past one and half year, my pair has been replaced twice by the company due to technical fault as it was under warranty, no complaints about the quality of sound it offers. Again only few months back, as Mr ** from patiala has also discussed his review that receiver part broke. Same case happened with my device it detached where one part of receiver was inserted into the other, but the seller Simran Hearing Ludhiana said that company has charged Rs 3830 for repairing the product as it doesn’t cover under warranty though I told him it's not broken, it has detached from its own part. In the end I had to pay 3800 to get my unit repaired When starkey co knows that unit was not broken it was detached by itself why it charged for the service. I just want the explanation by the company, I also have bill of repair with me.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I've was born partly deaf so used aid moist of my life, The Starkey aids do the job OK, but the warranty means nothing, if you have to return them for any reason expect big repair bills. The CIC (Completely In Canal) Aids have a stork to pull them out of your ear, this does not wear very well, without them is difficult to get the Aid out. If you try it can damage the casing of the aid and this leads to an expensive repair bill as the case is not covered by warranty, I never had this issue with other Aids companies like Widex or Phonak so assume it a Starkey issue, I think it is because they are just made cheaper although they charge £4,000 a pair which is not cheap at all.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I like the versatility. Has ability to change for restaurant and auditorium. Level of sound is also helpful in adjusting sound volumes. The hearing aid also adjusts to listening on the phone as well.

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Starkey hearing aids! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the technology.

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Good hearing aids for the price. Mine are the basic ones & they do the job. The batteries only last about 6 days before changing. Sound quality is good however background noise often overpowers voice.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for sharing your Starkey hearing aid experience with us!

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Easy to care for. I have the rechargeable devices. The right ear device has "red" on it to ensure the correct ear. I clean daily with tissue. The recharging box is compact and can take with me if I travel. They fit well and I am very pleased with them.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for sharing your Starkey hearing aid experience with us!

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Got its digital profound deaf hearing aids. Sounds quality is great. Needs service almost annually due to humidity and sweat despite using dryer and uv device daily. Digital hearing aid turns out to be more sensitive to humidity than analog hearing aid (every 3 years to service).

Hi Rafael,

We appreciate you sharing your Starkey hearing aid feedback with us, thank you!

Starkey Hearing Aids Company Information

1967
    6700 Washington Avenue S.
    Eden Prairie