Starkey Hearing Aids

Compare Hearing Aids

Research top Hearing Aids recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I lost my hearing in an accident and was issued hearing aids from Advanced Hearing Center in Atlanta Ga. I have never been satisfied with the quality of the Starkey Z Series and it's accompanying "Surf Link" Unit. But my complaint is about the SurfLink Unit and should be taken as a WARNING to those people comparing hearing aids. Most insurance companies WILL NOT supply insurance to cover the extraordinary cost of any hearing devices so be aware of your future needs when buying these products!

The Surf Link Unit is poorly designed and poorly engineered and will go out of warranty within one year of purchase. This is my second Unit replacement and is now out of warranty and will cost me $700.00 to replace - due to Manufacturing Issues. These "one-year" warranties should always be a RED FLAG to us, as this is a sign of "planned obsolescence". The Starkey Company is not at all interested in helping people with issues related to its technology, manufacturing, or replacement of defective parts. Its sole interest is in money... and making LOTS OF IT.

I am deeply disappointed in the results I have gotten from these hearing aids, and I regret to say these companies are all the same. Each new device (or "upgrade") is technology based on obsolescence and will get more complex over time costing people in need of these devices thousands of dollars. Remember... no insurance will cover them, so you are out of pocket when the warranty runs out and the device MUST be replaced. Sure, you can spend and extra $250.00 EVERY YEAR to continue your warranty, but do you see where this is going? Starkey should be ashamed to be in business if they have no intention whatsoever of standing behind their product.

Employees were thorough in their explanations and knowledgeable on the topic matter. Addressed me attentively and were very polite. In addition, they gave me 100% of their attention and answered any questions I had thoroughly and with plenty of patience. Their attire was appropriate for their job and the establishment was very well-maintained and thorough in what it carried. Atmosphere was welcoming and very clean. This product is a very valuable item to me as it helps me through everyday life and makes doing, usually, difficult tasks very simple and possible to achieve. Quality of the product is the best I've ever used since needing it. I have also never had any issues or complications in using this product.

Excellent to deal with. They were courteous and knowledgeable. I felt like they had my best interests at heart. I was totally comfortable with the service. The product is excellent. It really brings a clarity to the sounds around me and is comfortable to wear. It is discreet and hardly noticeable. The value is incredibly good. For what it does it is inexpensive without being cheap. There is great technology and craftsmanship involved and is a high-quality product. The quality is excellent. It is well crafted and works fantastically. It is almost like it is my natural hearing. I can't speak highly enough about it.

I needed information about which product would be best for me and they were very fast to respond. I was very happy with the speed and detail of the response. It made me very happy that they were so fast. I am very happy with my hearing aide. It works great and is very easy to change the battery in. It is very comfortable and fits nicely. The price was very reasonable as well. I feel like I received a good deal and would look forward to doing business with them again. I feel like the pricing was extremely fair. I feel that the quality of what I received was exactly as described and well worth the price I paid. I have had no issues with it so far. I have only had to change the battery once and it was not that difficult to do. I feel like the battery life is better than some products I have had before.

I had to contact customer support to find some compatible devices that work with this one; they were 100% helpful and went out of their way to help me any way they could. This is one of the better devices on the market today. It far outperforms the competition and is made of quality material. I can't complain at all about the performance of this device. For what it's worth, I paid maybe HALF of what I could have! Not only is this one of the better devices, but the price point is probably one of the best. This is made of a high-quality material. I've dropped them a bunch of times and they have survived without a problem at all. A few scratches and dents, but still functioning 100%.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey Hearing Aids?

The people I talked to were very helpful and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The lady made sure I had everything I needed. The hearing aid helped me hear things I forgot I wasn't even hearing. It was amazing experience.and I would highly recommend it to anyone that ask. It was a very valuable product that I could afford without giving my left arm, foot and ear. I could still get some food afterward. I went to get a burrito and fries. It has been very good for me. It has not broke. It has changed my life and what I expect from hearing aids. It makes me happy and full of joy.

The staff at the location I went to was very attentive and really seemed to care about helping get the device needed. They asked what we were needing along with info from the audiologist, and then explained their offerings and helped find the device best for our needs, not their bank account. The device we got, the Orion 2, works perfectly. Don't have an embarrassing device outside, and yet the functionality is not compromised. It is such a "set and forget" device that it is amazing. I do wish the cost had been less, but that is just due to budget. It is not the highest end device, but the functionality and design make up for a lot. The quality seems superb. It isn't a premier device, more of the low to mid range, and yet it performs like a top of the line device as far as I can tell. Still pricey, but good for getting the best on a budget.

When I first bought the device the people there were very helpful. It was easy to set up and start using. The user manual was helpful and the people where I bought it was very informative. I received my money's worth in the device. The value for its performance and quality is top notch. After years it is still running smoothly. Amazing quality. It still feels like brand new after years of use. I haven't had any trouble of a malfunction or break of the device. It is recommended for sure.

They were helpful with finding the device that was right for me. I didn't have to worry about a sales pitch or a commission based sale because I saw genuine concern about my well being from the salesperson. It is the best investment in my health I have ever made. I can hear now and it eliminates background noise so I can hear conversations in crowded environments and virtually anywhere I need to have a conversation. It has returned the quality of life to me in ways I never imagined from a small device. I can hear clearly and not have to nod and pretend to hear. It actually helps me in so many ways. It is great quality and seems to be very sturdy. I don't have to worry about it breaking. And the sound is crystal clear, even when I am in a restaurant or subway.

It is just the right size. It does not cause me any discomfort. It is easy to clean or to keep clean. It helps me to hear very well. It is at a reasonable price. It makes sounds very loud and loud enough for you to hear perfectly. It is a great thing to have. As for the customer service, I get all the assistance I need and more. They are very kind towards me. They always take the time to help me with everything.

The hearing aid helped me hear better and everyone I know that uses it is very fond of it. Additionally it was beneficial and not too costly. It was good. Quality was nice. However it didn't last too long. I might purchase it again. I might not. Overall I was satisfied. Customer service was very nice. The people were pleasant. It was nice talking to them. They explained to me everything the hearing aid did. They were friendly. The value was reasonable. For the value I wouldn't think twice to purchase again. Cheaper than other alternatives. I'm fond of the pricing. I think the perceived value is high. Overall I'm very happy. I would recommend.

I got this product for my father and after buying many different ones he had told me that this hearing aid was the best and the sound quality was excellent. I believe after buying many different kinds of hearing aids that this one is up there in quality, probably one of the best ones that have ever been made. I have never had an issue with this product. Therefore I have not had an experience with someone in the customer service department. Maybe the product is so good no one needs service. I would have to say that this cost a lot of money. But I have been buying lots of different brands of hearing aids. So I am happy I found a quality product regardless of the cost.

It did what it was meant for and my parents are happy with it. (They are the ones that I bought it for.) It is a pretty good quality based on the price. The price was pretty good too and I am actually very happy with it. I did not have any trouble contacting a staff, when my parents needed help with their hearing aid, and the staff was very friendly. They tried their best to satisfy me. It does have a lot of value because it helped people like my parents that have difficulty hearing hear better and I consider it an investment.

I am pleased with the performance of my hearing aid because it reduces background noise and amplifies the conversation that I am interested in hearing. I have no more embarrassing moments where I don't hear what someone is saying and I no longer have to ask anyone to repeat themselves. My hearing aid device is small enough to fit into my ear of course, but it is small enough to be out of sight so nobody knows that it's there, but I know it is because I can hear everyone now. It doesn't feel like it's in my ear because it fits so comfortably.

I think they offer excellent customer service because their employees show actual concern about my hearing and well being and they give great instructions and troubleshooting advice if there are any problems like when I installed the batteries backwards. I am so happy with the price I paid because of the value I got for my money. IT WAS WORTH EVERY CENT AND MORE BECAUSE I AM FINALLY ABLE TO HEAR AGAIN AND I REALLY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE SO much sooner than I did.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Founded in 1967, Starkey Hearing Technologies believes every person has the right to hear the world around them, which is why they make a donation to the Starkey Hearing Foundation with every purchase made. To date, they have helped donate over 1 million hearing aids globally. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an American-owned company that partners with customers, manufacturers and facilities around the world to bring innovation that allows people to hear better.

• Innovation: Starkey Hearing Technologies is at the forefront of advanced technology and innovation, including being the first company to introduce nanotechnology to hearing aids.
  • American-made: They are the only American-owned and operated provider of hearing technology.
  • Customized: Starkey Hearing Technologies hearing aids are customized not only to your ear shape but to your lifestyle, with options ranging from wireless to waterproof to nearly invisible.
  • Evidence-based design: Starkey Hearing Technologies only makes changes and advances to their technology when they have evidence that it will actually improve the quality of hearing. While they focus on innovation, they do not subscribe to a “technology for technology’s sake” type of business model.
  • Patient-focused: In addition to giving individual customers what they need in the moment, Starkey Hearing Technologies also listens to what their patients want from their hearing aids in the future. They have responded to patient demands with improved sound quality, simpler controls and more discreet hearing aids.
  • Best for People with progressive hearing loss,, aging listeners and those with active lifestyles.

Compare Hearing Aids

Starkey Hearing Aids Company Profile

Starkey Hearing Aids
1967
6700 Washington Avenue S.
Eden Prairie