Call toll free
3.23/5
Based on 120 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

121 ReSound Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

An audiologist who ran all the tests said I needed hearing aids. The one from Resound Hearing work and I’m delighted with them. I wasn't really aware that I had a significant hearing loss, but the moment I put these hearing aids on in the morning, I'm suddenly aware of the sounds that I wasn't hearing until that moment. Also, the Bluetooth is a fun toy and I can control it through my phone, which is very useful. The hearing aids that I have prior to these weren't comfortable, so I intended not to wear them. But with the Resound Hearing aids, I put them on in the morning and take them off before I go to bed and I'm not even aware of them in between. I would recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My hearing loss is severe in one ear. The Resound Hearing Aid I have is behind the ear with a tube going into my ear. The only feature that was new to me was the control on my iPhone, which I really like a lot. I'll either switch to speech clarity if everybody's in front of me or I switch to the restaurant all around if I'm in the middle of the group, and I control the volume. I'll also increase the speech clarity when I'm watching TV in the evening. My hearing is definitely better with Resound Hearing. If I hadn't been introduced to them years ago when I started wearing hearing aids, I would think the cost was very high but actually, I was delighted with how reasonable the cost was. I also don’t notice that it’s there and the battery seems to last a little longer than my last hearing aid too. I recommended ReSound to someone and went with them as well.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’ve had substantial partial hearing loss and tinnitus in my right ear that was very bad. I started with another provider. We looked at several different hearing aids and what I really like about the ReSound Hearing Aids was the control that I could have with the app on my phone. The app is extremely useful. I can control the volume for my right and/or left ears equally. Also, I can adjust the tinnitus for six different types of sound. It generates the white noise options for my tinnitus which provides relief.

This came through TruHearing and the price was substantially discounted. I got $2,300 invested in ReSound Hearing Aids from my insurance benefit and if I didn't have that, they would’ve been about $5,400. I believe that the markup on the hearing aids is unbelievable and I’m really disappointed with that because these are very useful items. They’ve introduced me to a lot of things that I have not heard. And at $5,000, that’s not an affordable appliance. There's a lot of technology that goes into it but when it comes right down to it, it’s a microprocessor and the technology just keeps evolving, getting better and easier and they’re not worth what they cost. But the ease of use and maintenance of ReSound Hearing Aids is simple and I’m getting great battery life out of them. It’s one of the top of the line hearing aids out there and it’s working for me. They have done a very good job on this. I’m very pleased and I would recommend to anybody.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have been loyal to ReSound. Let’s keep it simple. I have the iPhone 10. They knew it was coming out. Nightmare. The hearing aids are worthless to me. They tell me to reset everything. Which I did. Pain in the **. One week later the same. Nightmare. I spent $8000 or more for Bluetooth. Nightmare. iPhone 10 has been out a long time. I should not suffer. Hearing loss is bad enough. Never again ReSound!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I am getting, I think my third or fourth set of ReSound Hearing Aids. It seems like every time I get them replaced they work for about four to six weeks and then poof. The company has extended my warranty but I have no idea how many times they will keep doing this. First the right one goes. This last time was the left one. Now it’s back to the right one being distorted. Wish I could have gotten a refund for what we paid for these. I do need them but what a hassle of getting them replaced or sending them in every time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have ReSound Hearing Aids CL862-DRW bilateral. I purchased them because of the compatibility with the iPhone but I am beginning to think it was a mistake. I am experiencing a intermittent snapping noise in one or both ears. The hearing aids have been sent for repair twice and now the snapping noise is happening again. No one has offered a cause for this strange problem but my thought is that it is related to the iPhone. Has anyone had this strange experience?

Original review: April 2, 2018

Despite many complaints I’ve read here, I love my 2-month-old Over-The-Ear aids. I travel a lot and I need reliable, simple, good sound quality. So far great. The audiologist is 1 mile from my house. Great service. Paid $125 for earmolds that DON’T stain. Unlike 2 sets of Siemens I have had. I stream music, FM radio, movies, and phone calls, without a dongle. Batteries (13s) last 4 days to a week and these puppies are on Bluetooth (iPhone app) 9-14 hours a day. Just the phone call capability is worth it. Siemens aids required me to pull aid from left ear (when I NOTICED a call in) to hear without feedback. As a result over 5 years I dropped two aids. One went down a storm drain and another was stepped on. No more. And FIND MY HEARING AID? This is part of the app and for sure will come in handy at some point.

After my first “tuneup” at audiologist to punch up treble a bit - something you need to do after ears have adjusted to hearing so well, the 3D effect really is outstanding. Oh, and audiologist sent a year’s supply of batteries. I have 1 repair and 1 loss for each aid package deal at way reduced rate. Also tips on battery management. When you hear battery getting low beeps signal, unseal a new battery and let it initiate for two hours or so before installing you’ll get another day or more out of it. Also I set my aids (batteries removed) or at least off with door open on my computer hard drive to keep that nasty moisture at bay. Another advantage the self-adjusting is great for is that you can wear your aids with large over-the-head earphones from computer with NO feedback. I”ll see how these aids hold up (or don’t) but for now these change my life.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I'm learning that if you have an Android smartphone, are technically savvy and considering ReSound hearing aids, just keep walking. ReSounds are clearly made for old people who don't use smartphones or technology. First of all, many of the features and app screens shown in the owner's manual don't actually exist on the Android application. They're working on that, they say.

If you were thinking about being able to use your hearing aids while using most of your smartphone audio functions like text to speech, Google Maps driving directions, etc., forget it. You'll have to buy the Phoneclip+ which isn't really a problem. The problem is that the software in the phone clip disconnects from the hearing aids after every audio transmission and when it reconnects, it first must play a "bong-bong" tone that cuts off the first 3-4 seconds of your map directions. I returned the Phoneclip+. No the bong-bong tone is not able to be turned off.

The coup de-grace was when I upgraded my aging Galaxy Note 5 to a Galaxy S8 yesterday, March 15, 2018. The S8 has been on the market for ONE YEAR. But ReSound hearing aid management app is not compatible with it. Says so right on their website. They're working on it. How nice. What a dog of a product. If grandma is 85, doesn't own one of those pesky smartphones and has no plans to own one, the ReSound GN is for her.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I am disappointed with My ReSound Hearing aids, I have had them for Two and a half years, and something seems to be going on all the time. They have been repaired quite a few times, mainly the receivers, and replaced once. The company did extend the warranty because of the issues. But I don’t feel I should have to be getting them fixed all the time and I don’t feel I hear as well as I should.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I Have a pair of ReSound Hearing Aids that are not compatible with my Samsung S8 phone. I have no way to contact the company to find out when their app will support my phone. These things are worthless without the app. JUNK!!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I am on my third set of ReSound aids, provided by the VA. The government must have gotten a great deal on these little buggers because they're completely useless. OK in a room where I am the only person, put another person in there and I cannot hear anything intelligible over their talking.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I've had my hearing aids about a year and a half one or the other has been in repair almost the whole time, they even replaced them. I don't think I am abusive on them. The hearing aids just seem to be faulty or very fragile. Now they are off warranty and it cost $400 to fix one. I just get it back and the other one quits working, I can't afford it. Just my review of the quality I guess. I have contacted the manufacturers and am waiting on a response.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I’ll be 69 in February and my left ear started going a little bit. It’s been frustrating trying to connect with a ReSound professional. I called one and they said they were not ReSound. I filled out an online questionnaire and I was referred to one in Brunswick, Georgia, which is the nearest town where I live. They said they could get me the hearing aids, but that they were not ReSound authorized dealers. I thought that was unusual getting that referral from ReSound itself. I would prefer dealing with an authorized dealer. So I called ReSound's 888 number and they referred me to a firm in Savannah, which is so farther away. They said that they had ReSound hearing aids.

I’ve got a friend who did a lot of homework and he ended up getting LiNX2, and he’s very happy with it. I scheduled an appointment for today, but I canceled it. I was trying to get a sense of how much the LiNX2 would cost if that’s what I needed, but the hearing professional didn’t give me any information. He said it could be anywhere from less than 1,000 to over 5,000. That wasn’t exactly the information I was hoping to get. And he tried to scare me by saying that if I’m losing hearing in one ear, I may have something a lot more serious wrong with me. I still want a ReSound hearing aids and I still want to connect with somebody. It’s just a matter of finding a hearing professional who wanted to deal with providing a better information than the gentleman in Savannah did.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

As a lifelong hearing aid wearer, I have tried many brands: Widex, Starkey, Phonak, Oticon, Siemens, and Unitron. Newest brand tried: ReSound. The ReSound ENZO2 absolutely have been a nightmare. I have now figured out these hearing aids have played a major and negative impact on me overall since getting the ReSound ENZO2. The Multi Mics are nice only if there is no other ambient noise in the room and must be on all-around mode to get full reception. I have never experienced such impacts with any prior hearing aid brands. I have had a bilateral sensorineural moderate-severe to profound loss since birth.

Pros: More features, ReSound's App compatible with iPhone. Cons: poor speech recognition/discrimination pickup, garbled sounds, mutes and drops speech and sounds, lots of ambient noise interference that blocks and distorts the speakers' speech and voice while they are speaking (orally) to you. Certain music pitches and frequencies especially in older buildings, school bells, cafeteria, daycares, preschool, P.E., Music, Art, babies/toddlers babbling/cooing/cries all HURT my ears terribly. Some of the sound are like GUNSHOTS.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Read several reviews regarding poor or intermittent performance of ReSound hearing aids. I used to have problems with spotty performance, static, cut out etc. After several returns for service they still did not function properly. About two years ago, my audiologist said I should always use Rayovac batteries in Resounds (I use 312 size in my aids). I thought, "Sure sure. I bet he gets some sort of endorsement fee." So I continued to use whatever name brand (Energizer, Duracell etc) was on sale. No luck. Problems continued. I finally asked why Rayovac? The answer I got was technical. They have more heat dispersing holes than other brands. I switched and no problems since. It's hard to believe but true. I still buy when on sale but I buy Rayovac. It might not work for you but what does it cost to try it for a few cycles? Cheaper than new aids and you can always go back to other brands.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have very poor hearing in high frequency sounds and have in the ear hearing aids. I have been wearing the ReSound Hearing Aids for nine months. Previously I used Starkey. The Resound works great when I use my iPhone, or sit in a relatively quiet place with a person. However, in more challenging environments, no matter how much I fuss with the settings, I get frustrated and cannot hear. I am in my early fifties, and people in their 80's with hearing aids out hear me. Large, cavernous rooms with mumbly speakers don't work.

Cars with loud engine noise, or where I am in the back and cannot see lips... also bad. Most frustrating, when I walk I like to listen to podcasts or music and stream it through my hearing aids. However, the sound bounces from the left to the right side, sometimes going out entirely. I have gone into my audiologist twice about this and she can't figure it out. The music is downloaded onto my phone, but I just have to hold my phone in the middle of my chest to hear in both ears. Strangely, I can stream music into my hearing aids in my car, with my phone on the seat next to me. Go figure!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Resound LiNX2 Hearing Aids: I received a set of Resound Hearing Aids about 18 months ago and they have been a problem from day one. The right one stopped working the very next day. They have been sent in for repairs more than 6 times and still do not work properly. Now that they are out of warranty all repairs are my responsibility. All I can do is purchase another set from a different company.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My son had done a lot of research on the hearing aids and picked ReSound over the others. It's a quality and flexible product with some interesting extras from the standpoint of the little box that takes my Bluetooth and retransmits it. The hearing aid was very well done and very professionally handled. I'm now getting high frequencies that I was not getting before, which helps in my complete hearing experience. I've already recommended it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

ReSound gave me a price I couldn’t turn down and I got the LiNX which got a good sound and music. We’ve been trying to find someone that can program the hearing aid correctly since ReSound’s didn’t help me out. They messed up the way they got the programming and I was sitting there when they did it and I kept complaining. They didn’t give any support once I got the pair of hearing aids. I went through 10 sets of hearing aids in less than eight months.

When I went on vacation in West Virginia, I looked for hearing centers that could help me with the programming. I’ve called one and asked me to come Monday and it cost me $35 to see a hearing doctor. It was a dual microphone and the left side was turned off. The doctor turned on the left side and I heard much better. I still got to go down to the second office of ReSound and talk to them and see if they got somebody who can program. It’s been going on for a year and a half now. The entire experience is not as good as it could be but I’ve worn several types hearing aids and these are the best for music and for anybody who loves music.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My audiologist thought ReSound Hearing was best for me and she said that the quality is better and the price was definitely cheaper than the ones I had before it. I got the ReSound LS961-DRW and it made my quality of life a lot better. My favorite feature is the Bluetooth. I also got their iPhone app which has helped in different situations because I can do settings like all around, party, wind or restaurant. But there are issues when I get in large groups. No matter what setting I had it on, I don’t understand what the people are saying because I’m still getting so much background noise. Also, I'm in Freeman, North Carolina and I had to get to Asheville to get some wax tips and guards. Then I had a warranty issue and they took care of it, and I had a very pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend ReSound.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I've had ReSound Hearing Aids for a year and a half and I've had a very good experience with it. I can use Bluetooth with the hearing aid and it goes to my iPhone, on my GPS. It is high quality and I would recommend it.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I got the ReSound LiNX2 61 Mini through the VA so the cost was very good. I can stream the Mini mic and TV very easily. However, I'm having an issue with it right now because it has a dome which has disappeared and I don't know what to do about it. The hearing aids improved my life to some degree. I still miss things that I shouldn’t be missing since I bought it. But I'm getting used to doing things better.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I received these Linx 3D hearing aids about six weeks ago. The volume is supposed to go up and down according to my environment (restaurant, gym). It routinely goes up and down with no reason - I can be watching TV and the volume goes up for a few seconds, then down, etc. Has anyone heard of this? My hearing aid guy is trying to work on this and wants me to be satisfied but so far no solution. I like the fit and style. Any knowledge of this problem would be super helpful. Otherwise, it is a good hearing aid.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I have been using hearing aids for over 20 years. I was satisfied with Siemens and Phonak and only switched to ReSound LS9ITE DW MP for the anticipated increase in versatility and iPhone control. Unfortunately, I find that the volume setting is erratic. It will suddenly jump to very low or very high volume for no apparent reason. The company technical representative was worthless and my audiologist tried and failed on several occasions to adjust the aids both with and without discussing it with the ReSound technicians.

I cannot prove it scientifically, but it is my distinct impression that the clarity of my hearing and my ability to understand words even at high volumes is much worse than it was with the Phonak instruments I just replaced. I virtually never understand what is being said to me the first time it is said. I constantly have to ask people to repeat what they are saying.

Then, while the Phonak instruments worked well with the Icom necklace for both telephone and TV, the ReSound aids do not work with the provided necklace. I'm told that it is incompatible with the iPhone so I no longer use the PhoneClip and must instead hold the phone to my mouth to speak. I can hear the conversation well through the hearing aids, but must hold the phone for the caller to hear me. Phonak worked through the necklace even with the phone in my pocket. It is also a pain to have to grab my phone every time I want to adjust the hearing aids, but the button and volume control in the hearing aids are difficult to use correctly. The program button has a delay build in so it must be held for several seconds to work.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I have over-the-ear hearing aids from ReSound. I don't like them because I can't hear well with them. I use my iPhone to adjust them but it doesn't help that much. I also tried to have them adjusted but it still didn't help. The fact that I can't hear well hampers conversation in groups. I cannot enter into conversations as I normally would. Though I'm not completely satisfied, my experience overall has been very good.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I went with ReSound Hearing Aids because they were recommended. I got the model that went over the ear. I have the app on the phone and they showed me how to do it. I do the adjustments on my phone. It is also very easy to use the other app to change the control. I don’t wear them much but my wife thinks that I can hear her better when I have them on. The Bluetooth doesn’t work well with my car though or I can’t figure it out. I normally answer the phone when I’m driving and it gets all screwed up. If I have the hearing aids on, I end up losing the call. But besides that, I’d recommend it and I have been recommending it to other people.

Original review: June 16, 2017

ReSound was recommended by an audiologist in Big Bear Lake. I’ve had Siemens before and two pairs of Phonak. All those required me to have something hanging around my neck but ReSound doesn’t and I appreciate that. I had to move in October last year when my wife developed a brain tumor so I had to continue down here in the Covina area with a doctor of audiology. I asked for ReSound in-the-ear versions and they were the best available. I have an iPhone and I have the hearing aid app on it. I also got the remote control because I don’t like to fiddle with the phone if I’m hearing a symphony or attending a concert and I’m listening to the TV through that connection accessory that transmits to my hearing aids from the television.

ReSound is much better than Phonak or Siemens except for the left hearing aid which I sometimes wish I could send back. I had one and it hurt my ear. It was too tight. The reps probably put too much force and then the hearing aid entered the ear canal. We sent that one back and they made another impression and we got another one. The second printing was a little on the light side and almost fell out. It was done by the same audiologist, and I’m tempted to ask this audiologist to make another impression and order another left hearing aid because it seems to have some quality difference in the sound in my left ear. I’m still having a little trouble with the left hearing aid and we’re working on it, but it's improved.

I’m an oncologist and cancer specialist so I need to hear, especially during an operation, so the hearing aids have definitely benefited my quality of life. I get new hearing aids about every two years for the heck of it and I’ll probably get another pair of ReSound. I’m fortunate enough to be able to buy two pairs at a time if I need it. Most hearing aid companies offer a discount and I was pleased to get one. But I have trouble when I call hearing aid companies. I’d like to be able to talk to somebody about my hearing aids and get some input from them. But it seems like I have to go to an audiologist and I can’t go to the company itself. Overall hearing aids will never be perfect but I always recommend ReSound. It’s the best of all the hearing aids I've had so far.

Original review: June 10, 2017

My friend and I were talking about the fact that we couldn’t hear anymore and he had gotten hearing aids from ReSound and loved them. He said nothing but great things about ReSound so I thought if he likes them, I probably would like them too. When I got home, I looked ReSound up online and looked in the area on the web that's close. I had three choices, picked one of them, set up an appointment and went in. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aids that you control with your iPhone. I use my iPhone app daily and it's been fine. I love the hearing aids. As a matter of fact, I forget I got them in and I almost got in the shower a couple of times with them. The higher octave of hearing is what I was impaired with. And with these hearing aids, I don’t say, “Huh?” quite like I used to. It's nice to hear things that I've forgotten and that I didn’t hear anymore.

The person at Hearing Healthcare in Myrtle Beach was fantastic. She did a great job. She‘s really pleasant, thorough and explained everything. As a matter of fact, I sent my neighbor there and got a set of ReSound hearing aids as well. The cost of them is always going to take your breath away but they do exactly what I wanted them to do and what they said they would do so that’s worth it in the long run.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I rented a pair of hearing aids from other brands before but Resound Hearing Aids work better. I got the LiNX2 which came in the mail from Kentucky and I took them to the hearing consultant here. The cost was outstanding because I got them through free source, not retail. But they set up the app on my phone which helped a lot. I had it set up to my favorites so when I do different things, it changes. I also have a pair of wireless headphones that I use at home when I’m in bed. Overall I like my Resound Hearing Aids a lot. My life is a lot better now and my wife likes that I can hear her.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I love my ReSound hearing aids. I've been using Bluetooth headphones to listen to my TV and computer audio. However, I was getting annoying feedback on my hearing aids. My provider suggested that I try the ReSound TV Streamer 2. I tried it with my TV and the sound was horrible so I gave up and moved on to my computer. The sound was fine but I could no longer get on the Internet thru WiFi. I discovered in both cases, since I have practically WiFi of everything that the Streamer interfered with the WiFi signals. In order to use the Streamer with my computer, I had to turn off WiFi and connect the computer with an Ethernet cable to my router to get both to work.

I can not turn off the WiFi from the router as I have backup hard drives collecting data from my computers and more than one person is using WiFi. Also, we have our smartphones and Kindle devices connected to WiFi. There must be some way to change the channel that the Streamer uses but I have not had any luck finding out how.

ReSound Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1943, ReSound is an international hearing aid company headquartered in Ballerup, Denmark. ReSound is one of the largest suppliers of hearing aids in the world with distributors in more than 80 countries and more than 4,100 employees worldwide.

• Heritage: The company was one of the world’s first makers of hearing aids and has an impressive pedigree. ReSound was responsible for many industry firsts, like the innovation of Wide Dynamic Range Compression, Digital Feedback Suppression and 2.4 GHz wireless technology. Because they continually innovate, their products tend to feature the latest in cutting edge technology.

• Worldwide locations: ReSound distributors are located around the world, including throughout the United States, Europe and Asia, with locations in South America, Central America and Africa.

• Smart Hearing technology: ReSound is on the forefront of technological innovation. Most of their hearing aids are compatible with mobile apps that allow you to adjust settings on your hearing aids from your phone or Apple Watch. You can even stream music or make phone calls directly to the hearing aid from an iPod, iPad or iPod touch.

• Options for people with profound loss: Many hearing aid brands do not make products that work for people with profound hearing loss, but ReSound ENZO² is the most powerful Made for iPhone® hearing aid on the market. It is ideal for those with severe to profound hearing loss.

• ReSound Up Smart for kids: ReSound hearing aids come in styles for all ages. ReSound Up Smart behind-the-ear aids for babies and children feature a unique surround sound technology to deliver clear sound and optimize language acquisition. ReSound Up Smart also offers other features specifically for young users, such as a battery lock and LED battery life indicator.

• Best for: youth, aging listeners, people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and those with profound hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information