Call toll free
3.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

BOTTOM LINE

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

PROS

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

CONS

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

03/19/2019

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my footsteps. I can hear again!

04/13/2019

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I take advantage of it to shut out all the extraneous noise and just focus on the party at the table.

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was born hard of hearing. ReSound is my fourth pair of hearing aids. I chose them over Phonak, which I had previously lost, because of the MFi capability with the iPhone phones. It tightly integrates the hearing aids directly to the phone. The other thing I was able to do with them that I wasn’t able to do with Phonak is go directly to the phone and not have to have a streamer. Previously with Phonak, I’ve had to have a streamer to do anything I wanted to do with my phone related to my hearing aids. I can just go through ReSound's app and I don't have to touch anything on the hearing aids.

It has a cool feature on the app where I’m able to do speech quality, too. When I tap that, I can pick up every sound of every word someone is saying. With the Phonak before, if I would use the button for a couple of weeks, then they would just start to jam. These hearing aids, on the other hand, don’t that. ReSound had the Bluetooth capability before, but how it is with them now is a lot more mainstream and easier to use. There’s a lot more customize-ability. I purchased the LiNX 3D 9 hearing aids, and the sound quality is amazing. I can hear things more clearly. It's a high-end hearing aids, but there's not much of a difference between it and others. The guy said it comes with four channels and some minor things, but it’s not worth the extra cost.

Nevertheless, they last me over eight years. There is definitely a lifetime investment in those. ReSound is not about making money. They are truly about making high quality products and getting your money’s worth out of it. There are things that they can improve on, though. Today, my hearing battery would beep. These hearing aids connect to my phone, so why cannot they send a push notification when the hearing aid battery is low? I don’t need to hear a beep. Overall, ReSound is the front lead of audiology. They know how to make hearing aids, and I'm very satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hearing loss is one of those that comes on gradually. You never know how much it is and it was worse than I really knew. I realized I couldn’t always hear people at meetings and I knew I had a loss of a certain range. But ReSound really improved my quality of life 100%. I have a pair that go behind my ears. It was the audiologist I was seeing at that time who recommended ReSound and before that, my late husband had had one of ReSound's earliest pairs of hearing aids. It was supposed to reduce background noise so you could hear better. He was legally deaf and yet he still ran my sound system because I was the pastor of the church and he did an extremely good job. So I was always impressed with ReSound's product. I knew that it had good quality and had been recommended by several audiologists that I trusted.

He got them around 2006 and they were about $6,000 a piece. That was one of the things that kept me from going for hearing aids for a while. I didn't have $12,000. But by the time I got there and found out that two of mine were only $5,000, I was thrilled. That’s still a huge amount of money but when it comes to your hearing, or anything about your health, if you're willing to invest, it will pay off in the long run. And these really have. I understand a lot of people can't or won't be able to pay that much but I think they're well worth it.

When I first started with them, my audiologist said the app for adjusting the hearing aids was not available for my Android phone but since then, it became available and I put it on regularly. So I've been blessed to do multiple things, one of which is to adjust when there's a really loud noise. If I go into some place where there's loud music playing, I can make that go away but still hear and talk to somebody. It's so exciting. I love that feature.

It was a challenge when my audiologist apparently left the practice and they switched over. The new people did not do as well. In fact, I've changed audiology companies since then and I was also very grateful to be able to get online and ask who handles ReSound in this area. It would be the same thing if I moved some place. Because of the mess-up and the switch-over, my two-year checkup didn’t get done. But the hearing aids are operating fine and I'm very grateful for the wonderful product. I recommend them regularly.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My hearing loss was only 30% on the right side and on the left side, I’m deaf. I did a lot of research online and I found ReSound Hearing Aids to be the best one in technology. I like the way how it works if you need to set it up. You can do it online with the professional. And of course, I like the Bluetooth. I purchased the 7 LiNX 3D. However, I’m a little frustrated because it seems like when I’m outside and if I put my phone in my pocket, the hearing aids stop in the middle. The Bluetooth, the music, or the podcast stops. But usually, when I’m inside at home, it works better.

Also, the thing that I needed to call my professional about is that I use a lot of All-Around and the Speech clarity. I put in Listen and then I come back to All-Around, Speech clarity. For about 10 seconds, it is amazing. It’s working fine and the words are clear. But after about 10 or 15 seconds, it gets stuffy and hard to hear. When I'm also in the car, sometimes, I can’t hear other's voice but I can hear more of the tires' and engine's noises. Other than that, the hearing aids are great. On the first day that I've used the hearing aids, I was almost crying because I could hear the paper. When you change the paper in the book, there is a sound. I wasn’t hearing that before and now, I’m able to. There are a lot of small sounds that I’m actually able to hear now. I would tell a friend that ReSound Hearing Aids is a great company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've had a gradual hearing loss for years and I'm 72 years old now. I worked about 26 years in heavy industry around gas carbons so it was a natural hearing loss. I lived in Little Rock, Arkansas at the time and I had an annual hearing test after I retired about four years ago. The clinic there recommended the ReSound hearing aids and I got that one.

The customer service was great. They had a no-interest financing program so I was able to pay them out then. Even though that I did then, and I still think they're outrageously expensive but it is what it is. They've been very helpful as well. I had some difficulty with one of the hearing aids a short time after I bought them and it basically just quit working all together. They fooled around with it some at their lab, but then they ended up sending it in to the factory where they replaced it or rebuilt it and sent it back. There's actually a clinic here in Norman, Oklahoma where we live now. I had the little wire that goes from the speaker to the hearing part that goes in the ear and the clinic replaced that little wire for me at $95. Aside from that, the hearing aids work well and it improved my quality of life.

I hear well and I can function without hearing aids but I really have trouble with background noises and if I'm in a big room with a lot of people, I miss an awful lot of that sort of thing. The aids are helpful in group settings. I usually put them on if I'm going anywhere or in the evenings. When my wife and I watch TV, I always wear them. We bought the ZVOX of SoundBars to go with the TV. It has an auto audio function that accentuates the narrative and takes all the background noise out and that's when the hearing aids help me quite a lot. My wife is a bit hard of hearing as well, and she has ReSounds too. Without that, we have the closed captioning and we have to read lots on there across the room.

My hearing aids are tied to my iPhone as well, so I can manipulate the volumes and then kinda improve the settings depending on where I am with that and that's very useful. I've been perfectly satisfied with ReSound. It's a good product and I have no complaints at all. I seriously wish the market in general was a little more affordable but I wouldn't have any reason to go anywhere else. They've done well by me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I could get by with a lot of, “What? Whats?” without hearing aids, but I certainly needed one as I had to have things loud and I was missing out on some conversations and things. I have a set of hearing aids that I got from an insurance company, but they were not working really well for me. They were not comfortable and the sound quality was not very good, so I ended up not wearing them.

I went into an eyeglass store and a guy was there. He had a ReSound hearing aids and he told me a couple of things about it that had me very interested. He said that it is connected to his iPhone. He can adjust the volume and change the treble and the base. He can also change to different kinds of settings on his iPhone, which seems pretty cool. He also said that there are speakers in the part that goes in the ear, as opposed to some hearing aids that create a sound in the hearing aid itself and transmit it to a tube. That seemed to make a lot more sense to me in terms of being like almost an earbud, where it has the speaker right in your ear.

I ended up getting the ReSound and they were actually as I thought. They are very comfortable and I have no trouble wearing them. The two things that I like the most are the design of it with the speaker and the telephone connection capability to adjust it. It’s pretty cool. The quality of the sound is much better, so they are working out really well. I get what I pay for and it’s certainly worth it. The other ones were rather inexpensive, but they didn’t work so well. I’m really happy I have it and it has improved the quality of my life. I’m very satisfied, overall, with everything. People around me are much happier. I don’t have the TV so loud and I don’t say “what” so much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

My hearing loss is pretty bad. I’ve already had about three sets of hearing aids already, and the last set was not working right. Resound is the only Bluetooth that I’ve tried. The quality is good. Since using it, I got no excuses that I can’t hear my wife anymore. I’ll recommend Resound. It didn’t cost me anything. I went through the VA.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My ReSound Linx Quatro hearing aids are disconnecting from my iPhone XR four or five times a day since IOS 13 came out (actually since the maintenance upgrade the week before). Only get rationalizing from ReSound and my audiologist. When you have fluctuating hearing due to bilateral Mieneres, this is very inconvenient and makes my $4k hearing aids virtually worthless! ReSound says it will be "a few weeks" before the firmware update comes out. Why so, when the IOS 13 beta was available in late 2018? I am not impressed at all so far with ReSound who should have been much, much better prepared for the IOS update and has no excuse whatsoever for doing as such.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Stay away from Resound. The tech support is absolutely horrible. I should have listened to my hearing aid provider and purchased a different brand. I've wasted hours with their tech support and got nothing but a run-around. Seriously, the worst tech support of anything I've ever experienced. I'm not that thrilled with the HAs themselves. For example, they asked me for the SN which is supposed to be under a clear window on the device, but the plastic is so clouded that I had to get the number from the original packaging. I don't expect that from a multi-thousand dollar product.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I have 60 in one ear and 80 in the other ear and worn hearing aids for a long time. The VA recommended the ReSound hearing aid and paid for it. It helps my hearing, but I found that the Android app has issues and needs some work to be done with it. At least twice a week, I have to re-pair the hearing aids to the app. It would work fine for a few days, then when I put them in in the morning and turn everything on, the phone does not find them. So I gotta go through the problem of re-pairing them. I was told by ReSound that they have not checked out their app with the phone that I have and that basically I should have an iPhone. No way I would buy an overpriced Apple phone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My experience with this hearing aid is that the sound keeps cutting in and out. I checked online with possible reasons, none of which apply. These are new. My expectations were high as the cost was high. Sometimes the application connects and other times it will not connect. At times one will connect. The other will not connect. This is a yo-yo hearing aid so far.

Albert