Call toll free
2.70/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

143 ReSound Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

This is my first set of hearing aids. Three months now and working flawlessly. The iPhone app is amazing! I can clean up the sound or I can focus on conversations. Worked wonders in a restaurant with echoing noise. I wear these 14 hours a day. Took a little accommodating at first, now I don't notice them. I've noticed other users appear to be having quality issues, but this is not (yet?) my experience. I'm over 60 y.o. and the phone app is not a challenge to use. Battery life is about 5 days. My quality of life has increased and I regret not looking into a hearing aid sooner.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was having trouble making my previous hearing aids work with my phone. I did some research to find out which one would work with my iPhone and ReSound seemed to be one who was the best. There wasn't any that paired right up with the iPhone as smooth and seamlessly as ReSound did. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aids from them and there's an app that goes on my phone that lets me control the volume and have some specialized programs that I can link right directly to the hearing aids.

I bought the hearing aids in Lake Havasu. When I got to Idaho, I was having some problems, so I found the local people that work on them. They did the job and they fixed them. The hearing aids allowed me to be able to do business and talk on the phone, where before I had trouble hearing and understanding what people were saying. But because of the way the ReSound is set up, it goes not through the speaker on the phone, but directly into my hearing aids, so I hear much better. I've told several people about ReSound.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've had ReSound hearing aids for several years now. They're behind the ear and I also use the iPhone app with the phone clip. The app does the job but it could be more robust. If I have my Bluetooth turned on, anything that comes into my phone that makes a normal noise like a text message or email, the hearing aids cut out. I hear the tone and then they come back on and there's no way to silence that without actually turning it off on my phone itself. So, I'd have to turn off all notifications all the time on my phone in order to not hear that.

I like ReSound's hearing aids, the phone clip, and the app. But it's the whole gotta pay a couple hundred dollars every time you go in to get any adjustment made, and if the doctor doesn't get them right, they're gonna charge you again to come back. Though it seems it's the industry standard. The hearing aid is a really expensive product and really expensive to maintain.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I got these for my son as they were recommended. I completely regret it. He couldn’t hear well with them from day one. He was told to wear them for two weeks to get used to them. The only time he heard well was when he was streaming media through them, but normal conversation was too low to hear without the use of the microphone. These have been broken since we got them. We are now trying to get them replaced for the second time. This is extremely hard since I am a single mom and miss work each time this happens. My son has been unaided unable to hear this entire school year due to all the squealing and issues he has had. These are junk and I regret ever switching from Phonak. Even if these do get replaced, this company can’t replace my time, money lost, or my son’s 8th grade year!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

After numerous trips to have my ReSound hearing aids looked at, replaced I am at the end. Very expensive pieces of junk. They have given me new ones only to have the new ones do what the old ones did. I continually get a static noise in my left hearing aid. It’s a pain to have to go in every three weeks. If I could give these a fraction of a star I would. Buyer Beware. Save your money and get something better. Resound is crappy distorted sound.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have 40% to 50% hearing loss in both ears. My doctor referred me to Resound and got me hearing aids from them. I'm currently using the model that goes inside and around the back of my ear and they've been working fine. Additionally, I've been using the iPhone app for my Bluetooth. I like the app for as long as it's not messed with.

At times, iPhone does a upgrade and then I have to download something. One time, that messed up my hearing aids but then my doctor was able to hook them up again. Also, they're pretty expensive and it cost me $3,000 for both. On top of that, I've ended up having to fix them once. I didn't have insurance for them so I had to pay $280 out of pocket to get them fixed. Nevertheless, I can hear better now and I don't have to turn the TV up so much. My wife loves my hearing aids because she said I used to yell a lot and now I don't.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

My ReSound hearing aids have gone through batteries like I wouldn't believe. In less than a month, I went over 20 batteries and that was all I got done. It was driving me nuts. I thought maybe they would be able to change them to rechargeable batteries, so I called their people. The interesting thing was that the lady I talked to didn't seem to know very much about hearing aids. She didn't know whether they could or couldn't be converted, or if they did or didn't have a rechargeable battery hearing aid. They need to get someone who knows about their hearing aids. Other than that, they're good aids. I've had hearing aids since 1981 and these ones are probably the best hearing aids I've ever had.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I've got total hearing loss in the right ear and more than significant loss in the left. ReSound was the one that the audiologist said was the best. It was quite expensive back when I got it, but I am so thankful to be able to hear again. My aids are fixed in my ear and it's got a little microphone that goes into the canal, and it works well.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I purchased a ReSound hearing aid a couple years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. It's been back and back for tune-ups and cleaning and repair and it still just quite about every other time I try to use it. I put it in my ear, it quits. I take it out and I can hear it squealing, put it back in my ear and it quits. I've had it back numerous times and it is always returned to me the same as when I took it in.

I am retired now and it may be only gets used a couple hours a week and is worthless for even that small amount of time. I'm not trying to use it with any cell phone of any kind, or with any electronic devices. I just want to be able to hear normal conversation. And if the acoustics are not perfect, as in a crowded room, forget it, it is worthless. My recommendation is to find another brand.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I originally purchased my ReSound hearing aids on the premise to link with my android phone. My previous review in 2016 chronicles the poor performing phone clip. In May of 2017 I purchased an iPhone 7 which ReSound claimed would link directly to my hearing aids. From day one I have a persistent problem of the sound not connecting on phone calls, also with streaming sound from apps, with delays from 10-45 seconds. The caller can hear me but I cannot hear the caller.

Apple is working on this problem and acknowledges that there are hundreds of ReSound hearing aid users that are having the same problem. I have installed new update software versions but nothing works. ReSound just says, “Sorry this is a phone problem not our problem.” My audiologist just told me I should consider buying new hearing aids as my 3 1/2 yr old hearing aids were the first models to have connectivity with iPhones and would probably never work right. Right, $4,700 in 2016 + $7,500 in 2018 = $11,000. I think not.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I bought the ReSound hearing aids in February of 2017. At first, they seemed like a godsend. After a couple of months, I had to start going back to have them turned up. Afterwards it didn’t even seem like they had been turned up. I went back in within a few months of purchase numerous times. The audiologist finally changed the wiring to one that she said was more powerful but the problem with not hearing clearly still existed. The audiologist also changed the tips several times. Still the issue existed so she finally molded my ear and made me a pair of new earpieces which I was charged $100 for.

Now I continue to still have issues with the Bluetooth not staying connected, it not picking up phone calls, it turning up or down on its own, and when connecting to the TV it continually kicks out or only one hearing aid will work, and the list just goes on. I gave $5500 for the hearing aids and $400 for the TV connector. I have had these hearing aids for about 18 months and continue to have problems with them. Right now I have one of the hearing aids going out constantly and not working at all along with all the other problems listed.

My previous hearing aids costed $3000 and lasted for five years before I had any issues what so ever. At the cost of the ReSound hearing aids, I expected to get at the very least the same amount of trouble-free wear as my previous hearing aids. ReSound is Definitely not a quality hearing aid and not worth the high price. I will never buy another product from them again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I purchased my first hearing aids which the dealer recommended should be Resound. From the first month I had them there was nothing but problems with them. The mic had to be replaced constantly. I would say every 6 weeks one side or the other would go down. I also would like to say that my Audiologist was not a very good one or helpful. He also tried to recommend that I buy the new improved Resound Aids. I went to another Audiologist, got a pair of Phonak hearing aids and never looked back. She explained everything thoroughly that the other fellow couldn't be bothered!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I've had moderate hearing loss on both ears but with my ReSound LiNX 3D, I can hear again. And I love the app, too! The only thing I've had problems with is the technology; ReSound is, maybe, a little ahead of the iPhone. It went on demo mode and I couldn't get it off. Then, all of a sudden, it went on by itself a day later. I was at ReSound's office yesterday and there were three people that have gone through the same thing. But Christie was marvelous! She took time. She knew what she was doing. She has been doing it long enough that you know when she gets done, it is gonna be correct. I'm just concerned that I still have not received the batteries that they were supposed to send me about four weeks ago.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I purchased me ReSound hearing aids from my audiologist in November 2017. She carries several brands and allowed me to try them for 2 weeks at a time. I chose the ReSound because they worked the best of the three I tried. These replaced my Starkey that lasted 7 years. Well let me tell you. Every month, I had speakers replaced, sent in for replacement once and still have issues with the speakers. I am going again tomorrow for another speaker replacement in the left ear. These are not a good investment at all as this is costing me time and money.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and it was bad. The guy who got me the insurance told me to go to Resound and I got a behind-the-ear hearing aid from them. I use it all the time except for when I'm in bed and in the morning hours. Everything has been great. I can hear and since having it, my life has been better. People should get themselves a hearing aid from ReSound.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have had the ReSound LiNX 3D hearing aids for about 7 months. After 5 months I sent one in as the front microphone was not working. Now, 2 months later the other device has been sent off. I am being told a week later that it will next week before I get it back. My audiologist has been great but for $7,000 this product should have far better quality. I have sent an email to the manufacturer requesting a conversation, and I am quite positive that they will be able to hear me quite clearly when we speak.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased my ReSound hearing aids in July 2016. Right off the bat every time I’d work outside and sweat my hearing aids would first signal low battery then go dead. New batteries did not help. I’d have to leave them out overnight for them to dry out and then they would work until I’d sweet again. I’m an outdoor person so I do work up a sweat. The audiologist would say ReSound is having an issue with these but won’t admit it. Finally a year ReSound supposedly fix the problem and I got a new set never mind I had them set in 6 times already. The new set works better but I still have to send them in on an average of every 6 weeks.

I just got them back again Friday and within 30 hours the left one quit because of sweat just like the old ones. Here it is 4 days later and they have quit 3 times. Back to the audiologist again to have one set in. I’m hoping they are still under warranty. I will NEVER buy another ReSound product and I do everything I can to discourage anyone from buying them. They do not honor the products. I can’t afford close to 6,000.00 every 2 year. I’ve had other issues with them cutting in and out on phone calls and listening to internet audio sounds. Buyer beware!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Purchased in June 2017. By March 2018, one hearing aid had been "rebuilt" twice and replaced once. It still has the same problem, after 1-2 weeks it periodically lowers the volume to where I cannot hear it under normal conditions/background noise. Turning it off and then back on will sometimes correct the problem, most times it will not. My audiologist has witnessed the problem while the hearing aid was connected to her computer for checking the programming. Now ReSound says it will not repair or replace the hearing aid! I'm stuck with one new ReSound hearing aid and one old (2004) ReSound hearing aid.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My ReSound hearing aids were purchased in early 2018 (still under warranty). Both have been returned to the factory for replacement twice. In addition, they have gone to the local repairs shop for times 2 for each instrument. Each time, they've been unavailable for use 7-15 days. Very unsatisfactory. I now carry my old hearing aids with me when I travel -- just in case.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've used Starkey hearing aids (issued by the VA) for 19 years. This year the VA issued me ReSound with a 3D App for my iPhone. First - you don't need to own an iPhone to use these hearing aids. If you have an iPhone it provides a graphic interface that makes it easier to use and it links to the iPhone for music and phone calls, apps, etc. (don't know about Androids). The audiologist also pre-programmed my hearing aids so I can do single, double or triple taps on the hearing aids to change the settings. I've only had these hearing aids for 24 hours, and so far I'm impressed with the capabilities and the ability to tailor for my hearing and environment. I plan to update this in a week or so.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Resound has decided not to continue to support the iPhone 5S I have and trying to force patients to upgrade to the new iPhone 10. Well I just received these and going to take them back for exchange with VA. They had issues when I first received and when Apple upgraded they went to crap. Audiologist are in the dark regarding APP fees Apple has and the decision Resound made to make them inop in bluetooth. Bad decision, don't issue troops something and not support it in the following months.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Resound Hearing is the first set of hearing aids I've ever had. When I'm using my phone and I've got it on the phone symbol, every once in a while, the bell starts to go off and it destabilizes the phone. Then I get silenced between the right ear and the left ear. I took the hearing aids in to the VA technician up in Reno and he couldn't find what was going on. It seemed to work fine but we were only dealing in very close proximity with each other. Then I found out that you can't leave the phone program on all around and expect it to jump over to the phone symbol that's ringing around my pocket and be clear. The problem may be in the programming of the phone and not on the hearing aids themselves.

Other than that, Resound did a wonderful job making the hearing aids, though the batteries only last three and a half days. My hearing has been wonderful since having it and they're absolutely comfortable. I wear them from 6:30 in the morning until I go to bed at night. Also, the audiologist did a wonderful job on the fitting as well and I already recommended Resound Hearing to several people.

Original review: June 13, 2018

An audiologist who ran all the tests said I needed hearing aids. The one from Resound Hearing work and I’m delighted with them. I wasn't really aware that I had a significant hearing loss, but the moment I put these hearing aids on in the morning, I'm suddenly aware of the sounds that I wasn't hearing until that moment. Also, the Bluetooth is a fun toy and I can control it through my phone, which is very useful. The hearing aids that I have prior to these weren't comfortable, so I intended not to wear them. But with the Resound Hearing aids, I put them on in the morning and take them off before I go to bed and I'm not even aware of them in between. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My hearing loss is severe in one ear. The Resound Hearing Aid I have is behind the ear with a tube going into my ear. The only feature that was new to me was the control on my iPhone, which I really like a lot. I'll either switch to speech clarity if everybody's in front of me or I switch to the restaurant all around if I'm in the middle of the group, and I control the volume. I'll also increase the speech clarity when I'm watching TV in the evening. My hearing is definitely better with Resound Hearing. If I hadn't been introduced to them years ago when I started wearing hearing aids, I would think the cost was very high but actually, I was delighted with how reasonable the cost was. I also don’t notice that it’s there and the battery seems to last a little longer than my last hearing aid too. I recommended ReSound to someone and went with them as well.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’ve had substantial partial hearing loss and tinnitus in my right ear that was very bad. I started with another provider. We looked at several different hearing aids and what I really like about the ReSound Hearing Aids was the control that I could have with the app on my phone. The app is extremely useful. I can control the volume for my right and/or left ears equally. Also, I can adjust the tinnitus for six different types of sound. It generates the white noise options for my tinnitus which provides relief.

This came through TruHearing and the price was substantially discounted. I got $2,300 invested in ReSound Hearing Aids from my insurance benefit and if I didn't have that, they would’ve been about $5,400. I believe that the markup on the hearing aids is unbelievable and I’m really disappointed with that because these are very useful items. They’ve introduced me to a lot of things that I have not heard. And at $5,000, that’s not an affordable appliance. There's a lot of technology that goes into it but when it comes right down to it, it’s a microprocessor and the technology just keeps evolving, getting better and easier and they’re not worth what they cost. But the ease of use and maintenance of ReSound Hearing Aids is simple and I’m getting great battery life out of them. It’s one of the top of the line hearing aids out there and it’s working for me. They have done a very good job on this. I’m very pleased and I would recommend to anybody.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have been loyal to ReSound. Let’s keep it simple. I have the iPhone 10. They knew it was coming out. Nightmare. The hearing aids are worthless to me. They tell me to reset everything. Which I did. Pain in the **. One week later the same. Nightmare. I spent $8000 or more for Bluetooth. Nightmare. iPhone 10 has been out a long time. I should not suffer. Hearing loss is bad enough. Never again ReSound!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I am getting, I think my third or fourth set of ReSound Hearing Aids. It seems like every time I get them replaced they work for about four to six weeks and then poof. The company has extended my warranty but I have no idea how many times they will keep doing this. First the right one goes. This last time was the left one. Now it’s back to the right one being distorted. Wish I could have gotten a refund for what we paid for these. I do need them but what a hassle of getting them replaced or sending them in every time.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have ReSound Hearing Aids CL862-DRW bilateral. I purchased them because of the compatibility with the iPhone but I am beginning to think it was a mistake. I am experiencing a intermittent snapping noise in one or both ears. The hearing aids have been sent for repair twice and now the snapping noise is happening again. No one has offered a cause for this strange problem but my thought is that it is related to the iPhone. Has anyone had this strange experience?

Original review: April 2, 2018

Despite many complaints I’ve read here, I love my 2-month-old Over-The-Ear aids. I travel a lot and I need reliable, simple, good sound quality. So far great. The audiologist is 1 mile from my house. Great service. Paid $125 for earmolds that DON’T stain. Unlike 2 sets of Siemens I have had. I stream music, FM radio, movies, and phone calls, without a dongle. Batteries (13s) last 4 days to a week and these puppies are on Bluetooth (iPhone app) 9-14 hours a day. Just the phone call capability is worth it. Siemens aids required me to pull aid from left ear (when I NOTICED a call in) to hear without feedback. As a result over 5 years I dropped two aids. One went down a storm drain and another was stepped on. No more. And FIND MY HEARING AID? This is part of the app and for sure will come in handy at some point.

After my first “tuneup” at audiologist to punch up treble a bit - something you need to do after ears have adjusted to hearing so well, the 3D effect really is outstanding. Oh, and audiologist sent a year’s supply of batteries. I have 1 repair and 1 loss for each aid package deal at way reduced rate. Also tips on battery management. When you hear battery getting low beeps signal, unseal a new battery and let it initiate for two hours or so before installing you’ll get another day or more out of it. Also I set my aids (batteries removed) or at least off with door open on my computer hard drive to keep that nasty moisture at bay. Another advantage the self-adjusting is great for is that you can wear your aids with large over-the-head earphones from computer with NO feedback. I”ll see how these aids hold up (or don’t) but for now these change my life.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I'm learning that if you have an Android smartphone, are technically savvy and considering ReSound hearing aids, just keep walking. ReSounds are clearly made for old people who don't use smartphones or technology. First of all, many of the features and app screens shown in the owner's manual don't actually exist on the Android application. They're working on that, they say.

If you were thinking about being able to use your hearing aids while using most of your smartphone audio functions like text to speech, Google Maps driving directions, etc., forget it. You'll have to buy the Phoneclip+ which isn't really a problem. The problem is that the software in the phone clip disconnects from the hearing aids after every audio transmission and when it reconnects, it first must play a "bong-bong" tone that cuts off the first 3-4 seconds of your map directions. I returned the Phoneclip+. No the bong-bong tone is not able to be turned off.

The coup de-grace was when I upgraded my aging Galaxy Note 5 to a Galaxy S8 yesterday, March 15, 2018. The S8 has been on the market for ONE YEAR. But ReSound hearing aid management app is not compatible with it. Says so right on their website. They're working on it. How nice. What a dog of a product. If grandma is 85, doesn't own one of those pesky smartphones and has no plans to own one, the ReSound GN is for her.

ReSound Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1943, ReSound is an international hearing aid company headquartered in Ballerup, Denmark. ReSound is one of the largest suppliers of hearing aids in the world with distributors in more than 80 countries and more than 4,100 employees worldwide.

• Heritage: The company was one of the world’s first makers of hearing aids and has an impressive pedigree. ReSound was responsible for many industry firsts, like the innovation of Wide Dynamic Range Compression, Digital Feedback Suppression and 2.4 GHz wireless technology. Because they continually innovate, their products tend to feature the latest in cutting edge technology.

• Worldwide locations: ReSound distributors are located around the world, including throughout the United States, Europe and Asia, with locations in South America, Central America and Africa.

• Smart Hearing technology: ReSound is on the forefront of technological innovation. Most of their hearing aids are compatible with mobile apps that allow you to adjust settings on your hearing aids from your phone or Apple Watch. You can even stream music or make phone calls directly to the hearing aid from an iPod, iPad or iPod touch.

• Options for people with profound loss: Many hearing aid brands do not make products that work for people with profound hearing loss, but ReSound ENZO² is the most powerful Made for iPhone® hearing aid on the market. It is ideal for those with severe to profound hearing loss.

• ReSound Up Smart for kids: ReSound hearing aids come in styles for all ages. ReSound Up Smart behind-the-ear aids for babies and children feature a unique surround sound technology to deliver clear sound and optimize language acquisition. ReSound Up Smart also offers other features specifically for young users, such as a battery lock and LED battery life indicator.

• Best for: youth, aging listeners, people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and those with profound hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information