3.19/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

BOTTOM LINE

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

PROS

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

CONS

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my footsteps. I can hear again!

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I take advantage of it to shut out all the extraneous noise and just focus on the party at the table.

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was born hard of hearing. ReSound is my fourth pair of hearing aids. I chose them over Phonak, which I had previously lost, because of the MFi capability with the iPhone phones. It tightly integrates the hearing aids directly to the phone. The other thing I was able to do with them that I wasn’t able to do with Phonak is go directly to the phone and not have to have a streamer. Previously with Phonak, I’ve had to have a streamer to do anything I wanted to do with my phone related to my hearing aids. I can just go through ReSound's app and I don't have to touch anything on the hearing aids.

It has a cool feature on the app where I’m able to do speech quality, too. When I tap that, I can pick up every sound of every word someone is saying. With the Phonak before, if I would use the button for a couple of weeks, then they would just start to jam. These hearing aids, on the other hand, don’t that. ReSound had the Bluetooth capability before, but how it is with them now is a lot more mainstream and easier to use. There’s a lot more customize-ability. I purchased the LiNX 3D 9 hearing aids, and the sound quality is amazing. I can hear things more clearly. It's a high-end hearing aids, but there's not much of a difference between it and others. The guy said it comes with four channels and some minor things, but it’s not worth the extra cost.

Nevertheless, they last me over eight years. There is definitely a lifetime investment in those. ReSound is not about making money. They are truly about making high quality products and getting your money’s worth out of it. There are things that they can improve on, though. Today, my hearing battery would beep. These hearing aids connect to my phone, so why cannot they send a push notification when the hearing aid battery is low? I don’t need to hear a beep. Overall, ReSound is the front lead of audiology. They know how to make hearing aids, and I'm very satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hearing loss is one of those that comes on gradually. You never know how much it is and it was worse than I really knew. I realized I couldn’t always hear people at meetings and I knew I had a loss of a certain range. But ReSound really improved my quality of life 100%. I have a pair that go behind my ears. It was the audiologist I was seeing at that time who recommended ReSound and before that, my late husband had had one of ReSound's earliest pairs of hearing aids. It was supposed to reduce background noise so you could hear better. He was legally deaf and yet he still ran my sound system because I was the pastor of the church and he did an extremely good job. So I was always impressed with ReSound's product. I knew that it had good quality and had been recommended by several audiologists that I trusted.

He got them around 2006 and they were about $6,000 a piece. That was one of the things that kept me from going for hearing aids for a while. I didn't have $12,000. But by the time I got there and found out that two of mine were only $5,000, I was thrilled. That’s still a huge amount of money but when it comes to your hearing, or anything about your health, if you're willing to invest, it will pay off in the long run. And these really have. I understand a lot of people can't or won't be able to pay that much but I think they're well worth it.

When I first started with them, my audiologist said the app for adjusting the hearing aids was not available for my Android phone but since then, it became available and I put it on regularly. So I've been blessed to do multiple things, one of which is to adjust when there's a really loud noise. If I go into some place where there's loud music playing, I can make that go away but still hear and talk to somebody. It's so exciting. I love that feature.

It was a challenge when my audiologist apparently left the practice and they switched over. The new people did not do as well. In fact, I've changed audiology companies since then and I was also very grateful to be able to get online and ask who handles ReSound in this area. It would be the same thing if I moved some place. Because of the mess-up and the switch-over, my two-year checkup didn’t get done. But the hearing aids are operating fine and I'm very grateful for the wonderful product. I recommend them regularly.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I just had Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center in Clinton do a recheck on my ReSound hearing aids that I purchased in Cambridge Minnesota in 2015 after I realized I was losing my hearing. The specialist in 2015 did a wonderful job explaining my hearing loss and offering several options in selecting a hearing aids. After reviewing my options we picked ReSound Hearing Aids. I have been very happy with them and they made a big improvement in my life.

I had great service by Kat ** at Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center in Clinton Iowa today. She tested my hearing and explained at each level how much my hearing had gone down. She then adjusted my hearing aid levels. She also pulled up my original hearing test on the computer and should me my orginal hearing aid levels and she then put up what my current hearing levels are. They work great and I would recommend ReSound hearing aids and Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center. Kat ** was great in testing, adjusting and explaining what had happened to my hearing and setting up a recheck for my ReSound hearing aids. My life has changed for the better since I have started using ReSound hearing aids.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My hearing loss was only 30% on the right side and on the left side, I’m deaf. I did a lot of research online and I found ReSound Hearing Aids to be the best one in technology. I like the way how it works if you need to set it up. You can do it online with the professional. And of course, I like the Bluetooth. I purchased the 7 LiNX 3D. However, I’m a little frustrated because it seems like when I’m outside and if I put my phone in my pocket, the hearing aids stop in the middle. The Bluetooth, the music, or the podcast stops. But usually, when I’m inside at home, it works better.

Also, the thing that I needed to call my professional about is that I use a lot of All-Around and the Speech clarity. I put in Listen and then I come back to All-Around, Speech clarity. For about 10 seconds, it is amazing. It’s working fine and the words are clear. But after about 10 or 15 seconds, it gets stuffy and hard to hear. When I'm also in the car, sometimes, I can’t hear other's voice but I can hear more of the tires' and engine's noises. Other than that, the hearing aids are great. On the first day that I've used the hearing aids, I was almost crying because I could hear the paper. When you change the paper in the book, there is a sound. I wasn’t hearing that before and now, I’m able to. There are a lot of small sounds that I’m actually able to hear now. I would tell a friend that ReSound Hearing Aids is a great company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've had a gradual hearing loss for years and I'm 72 years old now. I worked about 26 years in heavy industry around gas carbons so it was a natural hearing loss. I lived in Little Rock, Arkansas at the time and I had an annual hearing test after I retired about four years ago. The clinic there recommended the ReSound hearing aids and I got that one.

The customer service was great. They had a no-interest financing program so I was able to pay them out then. Even though that I did then, and I still think they're outrageously expensive but it is what it is. They've been very helpful as well. I had some difficulty with one of the hearing aids a short time after I bought them and it basically just quit working all together. They fooled around with it some at their lab, but then they ended up sending it in to the factory where they replaced it or rebuilt it and sent it back. There's actually a clinic here in Norman, Oklahoma where we live now. I had the little wire that goes from the speaker to the hearing part that goes in the ear and the clinic replaced that little wire for me at $95. Aside from that, the hearing aids work well and it improved my quality of life.

I hear well and I can function without hearing aids but I really have trouble with background noises and if I'm in a big room with a lot of people, I miss an awful lot of that sort of thing. The aids are helpful in group settings. I usually put them on if I'm going anywhere or in the evenings. When my wife and I watch TV, I always wear them. We bought the ZVOX of SoundBars to go with the TV. It has an auto audio function that accentuates the narrative and takes all the background noise out and that's when the hearing aids help me quite a lot. My wife is a bit hard of hearing as well, and she has ReSounds too. Without that, we have the closed captioning and we have to read lots on there across the room.

My hearing aids are tied to my iPhone as well, so I can manipulate the volumes and then kinda improve the settings depending on where I am with that and that's very useful. I've been perfectly satisfied with ReSound. It's a good product and I have no complaints at all. I seriously wish the market in general was a little more affordable but I wouldn't have any reason to go anywhere else. They've done well by me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

The reps are very responsive and gave me a list of audiologists who are knowledgeable of ReSound that would take care of my needs because the audiologist I had here left the ear service and you couldn’t find anybody in the area. The young lady I had was terrific and better than what I previously had. Any time you write ReSound, send them an email, or have contact with them, they respond accordingly. I have to drive 40 miles to see the audiologist but it doesn't bother me. I only see her once a year, or as needed. I’ve been using the hearing aids for four years and they're very easy to maintain.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I bought the iPhone so I could use it with the ReSound hearing aids. There's no problem with the app. It's the fact that it keeps dropping off. It started two weeks ago. They disconnect, then I have to then forget the device and go in and reconnect. But the hearing aids do a great job.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I am very pleased with my Resound LiNX aids. This is my 2nd year & l just get tickled (in between jumping out of my skin!) bc of now hearing so much in my world! I love the paired phone- lost my aid a few weeks ago & went back to the restaurant, then searched the car again, then back to the store, turned my purse inside out bc this is a $2000 each investment! Finally remembered that they are paired with my Android. Sure enough, my phone said it was in the car. No way! I finally said "OK", got my flashlight and got under the back seat. Voíla! Way in the back, it had fallen into the seat belt well & under the seat. (I had gotten mine in bright red so l could see them) l love the fact that l can manage the volume & equalizer & more from my phone bc manipulating the tiny switches drove me nuts.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

At first I was very impressed with these hearing aids. But part of what makes them work is the App for adjusting the hearing aid to different situations. But the App does not work. There is no connection. I feel I have spent a lot of money and had my hopes raised for nothing. Also there is no way to complain to ReSound. Only a phone number in Denmark. No email. Nothing. A very unsatisfactory company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Resound's APP Only works with Apple products. Every time Apple upgrades their operating system I have problems with the Resound app. I have an iPhone SE. Apple's last upgrade caused all kinds of connectivity problems with the Resound app. It takes forever for my hearing aids to connect to the app. Most of the time I have problems with the app and using the phone to make & receive calls. I've contacted technical support two times and had to leave a message for a call back BUT NO ONE EVER CALLS BACK... I will NEVER buy resound again....

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information