Call toll free
3.18/5
Based on 128 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

129 ReSound Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and it's bad. The guy who got me the insurance told me to go to Resound and I got a behind-the-ear hearing aid from them. I use it all the time except for when I'm in bed and in the morning hours. Everything has been great. I can hear and since having it, my life has been better. People should get themselves a hearing aid from ReSound.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have had the ReSound LiNX 3D hearing aids for about 7 months. After 5 months I sent one in as the front microphone was not working. Now, 2 months later the other device has been sent off. I am being told a week later that it will next week before I get it back. My audiologist has been great but for $7,000 this product should have far better quality. I have sent an email to the manufacturer requesting a conversation, and I am quite positive that they will be able to hear me quite clearly when we speak.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased my ReSound hearing aids in July 2016. Right off the bat every time I’d work outside and sweat my hearing aids would first signal low battery then go dead. New batteries did not help. I’d have to leave them out overnight for them to dry out and then they would work until I’d sweet again. I’m an outdoor person so I do work up a sweat. The audiologist would say ReSound is having an issue with these but won’t admit it. Finally a year ReSound supposedly fix the problem and I got a new set never mind I had them set in 6 times already. The new set works better but I still have to send them in on an average of every 6 weeks.

I just got them back again Friday and within 30 hours the left one quit because of sweat just like the old ones. Here it is 4 days later and they have quit 3 times. Back to the audiologist again to have one set in. I’m hoping they are still under warranty. I will NEVER buy another ReSound product and I do everything I can to discourage anyone from buying them. They do not honor the products. I can’t afford close to 6,000.00 every 2 year. I’ve had other issues with them cutting in and out on phone calls and listening to internet audio sounds. Buyer beware!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Purchased in June 2017. By March 2018, one hearing aid had been "rebuilt" twice and replaced once. It still has the same problem, after 1-2 weeks it periodically lowers the volume to where I cannot hear it under normal conditions/background noise. Turning it off and then back on will sometimes correct the problem, most times it will not. My audiologist has witnessed the problem while the hearing aid was connected to her computer for checking the programming. Now ReSound says it will not repair or replace the hearing aid! I'm stuck with one new ReSound hearing aid and one old (2004) ReSound hearing aid.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My ReSound hearing aids were purchased in early 2018 (still under warranty). Both have been returned to the factory for replacement twice. In addition, they have gone to the local repairs shop for times 2 for each instrument. Each time, they've been unavailable for use 7-15 days. Very unsatisfactory. I now carry my old hearing aids with me when I travel -- just in case.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've used Starkey hearing aids (issued by the VA) for 19 years. This year the VA issued me ReSound with a 3D App for my iPhone. First - you don't need to own an iPhone to use these hearing aids. If you have an iPhone it provides a graphic interface that makes it easier to use and it links to the iPhone for music and phone calls, apps, etc. (don't know about Androids). The audiologist also pre-programmed my hearing aids so I can do single, double or triple taps on the hearing aids to change the settings. I've only had these hearing aids for 24 hours, and so far I'm impressed with the capabilities and the ability to tailor for my hearing and environment. I plan to update this in a week or so.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Resound has decided not to continue to support the iPhone 5S I have and trying to force patients to upgrade to the new iPhone 10. Well I just received these and going to take them back for exchange with VA. They had issues when I first received and when Apple upgraded they went to crap. Audiologist are in the dark regarding APP fees Apple has and the decision Resound made to make them inop in bluetooth. Bad decision, don't issue troops something and not support it in the following months.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Resound Hearing is the first set of hearing aids I've ever had. When I'm using my phone and I've got it on the phone symbol, every once in a while, the bell starts to go off and it destabilizes the phone. Then I get silenced between the right ear and the left ear. I took the hearing aids in to the VA technician up in Reno and he couldn't find what was going on. It seemed to work fine but we were only dealing in very close proximity with each other. Then I found out that you can't leave the phone program on all around and expect it to jump over to the phone symbol that's ringing around my pocket and be clear. The problem may be in the programming of the phone and not on the hearing aids themselves.

Other than that, Resound did a wonderful job making the hearing aids, though the batteries only last three and a half days. My hearing has been wonderful since having it and they're absolutely comfortable. I wear them from 6:30 in the morning until I go to bed at night. Also, the audiologist did a wonderful job on the fitting as well and I already recommended Resound Hearing to several people.

Original review: June 13, 2018

An audiologist who ran all the tests said I needed hearing aids. The one from Resound Hearing work and I’m delighted with them. I wasn't really aware that I had a significant hearing loss, but the moment I put these hearing aids on in the morning, I'm suddenly aware of the sounds that I wasn't hearing until that moment. Also, the Bluetooth is a fun toy and I can control it through my phone, which is very useful. The hearing aids that I have prior to these weren't comfortable, so I intended not to wear them. But with the Resound Hearing aids, I put them on in the morning and take them off before I go to bed and I'm not even aware of them in between. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My hearing loss is severe in one ear. The Resound Hearing Aid I have is behind the ear with a tube going into my ear. The only feature that was new to me was the control on my iPhone, which I really like a lot. I'll either switch to speech clarity if everybody's in front of me or I switch to the restaurant all around if I'm in the middle of the group, and I control the volume. I'll also increase the speech clarity when I'm watching TV in the evening. My hearing is definitely better with Resound Hearing. If I hadn't been introduced to them years ago when I started wearing hearing aids, I would think the cost was very high but actually, I was delighted with how reasonable the cost was. I also don’t notice that it’s there and the battery seems to last a little longer than my last hearing aid too. I recommended ReSound to someone and went with them as well.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’ve had substantial partial hearing loss and tinnitus in my right ear that was very bad. I started with another provider. We looked at several different hearing aids and what I really like about the ReSound Hearing Aids was the control that I could have with the app on my phone. The app is extremely useful. I can control the volume for my right and/or left ears equally. Also, I can adjust the tinnitus for six different types of sound. It generates the white noise options for my tinnitus which provides relief.

This came through TruHearing and the price was substantially discounted. I got $2,300 invested in ReSound Hearing Aids from my insurance benefit and if I didn't have that, they would’ve been about $5,400. I believe that the markup on the hearing aids is unbelievable and I’m really disappointed with that because these are very useful items. They’ve introduced me to a lot of things that I have not heard. And at $5,000, that’s not an affordable appliance. There's a lot of technology that goes into it but when it comes right down to it, it’s a microprocessor and the technology just keeps evolving, getting better and easier and they’re not worth what they cost. But the ease of use and maintenance of ReSound Hearing Aids is simple and I’m getting great battery life out of them. It’s one of the top of the line hearing aids out there and it’s working for me. They have done a very good job on this. I’m very pleased and I would recommend to anybody.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have been loyal to ReSound. Let’s keep it simple. I have the iPhone 10. They knew it was coming out. Nightmare. The hearing aids are worthless to me. They tell me to reset everything. Which I did. Pain in the **. One week later the same. Nightmare. I spent $8000 or more for Bluetooth. Nightmare. iPhone 10 has been out a long time. I should not suffer. Hearing loss is bad enough. Never again ReSound!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I am getting, I think my third or fourth set of ReSound Hearing Aids. It seems like every time I get them replaced they work for about four to six weeks and then poof. The company has extended my warranty but I have no idea how many times they will keep doing this. First the right one goes. This last time was the left one. Now it’s back to the right one being distorted. Wish I could have gotten a refund for what we paid for these. I do need them but what a hassle of getting them replaced or sending them in every time.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have ReSound Hearing Aids CL862-DRW bilateral. I purchased them because of the compatibility with the iPhone but I am beginning to think it was a mistake. I am experiencing a intermittent snapping noise in one or both ears. The hearing aids have been sent for repair twice and now the snapping noise is happening again. No one has offered a cause for this strange problem but my thought is that it is related to the iPhone. Has anyone had this strange experience?

Original review: April 2, 2018

Despite many complaints I’ve read here, I love my 2-month-old Over-The-Ear aids. I travel a lot and I need reliable, simple, good sound quality. So far great. The audiologist is 1 mile from my house. Great service. Paid $125 for earmolds that DON’T stain. Unlike 2 sets of Siemens I have had. I stream music, FM radio, movies, and phone calls, without a dongle. Batteries (13s) last 4 days to a week and these puppies are on Bluetooth (iPhone app) 9-14 hours a day. Just the phone call capability is worth it. Siemens aids required me to pull aid from left ear (when I NOTICED a call in) to hear without feedback. As a result over 5 years I dropped two aids. One went down a storm drain and another was stepped on. No more. And FIND MY HEARING AID? This is part of the app and for sure will come in handy at some point.

After my first “tuneup” at audiologist to punch up treble a bit - something you need to do after ears have adjusted to hearing so well, the 3D effect really is outstanding. Oh, and audiologist sent a year’s supply of batteries. I have 1 repair and 1 loss for each aid package deal at way reduced rate. Also tips on battery management. When you hear battery getting low beeps signal, unseal a new battery and let it initiate for two hours or so before installing you’ll get another day or more out of it. Also I set my aids (batteries removed) or at least off with door open on my computer hard drive to keep that nasty moisture at bay. Another advantage the self-adjusting is great for is that you can wear your aids with large over-the-head earphones from computer with NO feedback. I”ll see how these aids hold up (or don’t) but for now these change my life.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I'm learning that if you have an Android smartphone, are technically savvy and considering ReSound hearing aids, just keep walking. ReSounds are clearly made for old people who don't use smartphones or technology. First of all, many of the features and app screens shown in the owner's manual don't actually exist on the Android application. They're working on that, they say.

If you were thinking about being able to use your hearing aids while using most of your smartphone audio functions like text to speech, Google Maps driving directions, etc., forget it. You'll have to buy the Phoneclip+ which isn't really a problem. The problem is that the software in the phone clip disconnects from the hearing aids after every audio transmission and when it reconnects, it first must play a "bong-bong" tone that cuts off the first 3-4 seconds of your map directions. I returned the Phoneclip+. No the bong-bong tone is not able to be turned off.

The coup de-grace was when I upgraded my aging Galaxy Note 5 to a Galaxy S8 yesterday, March 15, 2018. The S8 has been on the market for ONE YEAR. But ReSound hearing aid management app is not compatible with it. Says so right on their website. They're working on it. How nice. What a dog of a product. If grandma is 85, doesn't own one of those pesky smartphones and has no plans to own one, the ReSound GN is for her.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I am disappointed with My ReSound Hearing aids, I have had them for Two and a half years, and something seems to be going on all the time. They have been repaired quite a few times, mainly the receivers, and replaced once. The company did extend the warranty because of the issues. But I don’t feel I should have to be getting them fixed all the time and I don’t feel I hear as well as I should.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I Have a pair of ReSound Hearing Aids that are not compatible with my Samsung S8 phone. I have no way to contact the company to find out when their app will support my phone. These things are worthless without the app. JUNK!!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I am on my third set of ReSound aids, provided by the VA. The government must have gotten a great deal on these little buggers because they're completely useless. OK in a room where I am the only person, put another person in there and I cannot hear anything intelligible over their talking.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I've had my hearing aids about a year and a half one or the other has been in repair almost the whole time, they even replaced them. I don't think I am abusive on them. The hearing aids just seem to be faulty or very fragile. Now they are off warranty and it cost $400 to fix one. I just get it back and the other one quits working, I can't afford it. Just my review of the quality I guess. I have contacted the manufacturers and am waiting on a response.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I’ll be 69 in February and my left ear started going a little bit. It’s been frustrating trying to connect with a ReSound professional. I called one and they said they were not ReSound. I filled out an online questionnaire and I was referred to one in Brunswick, Georgia, which is the nearest town where I live. They said they could get me the hearing aids, but that they were not ReSound authorized dealers. I thought that was unusual getting that referral from ReSound itself. I would prefer dealing with an authorized dealer. So I called ReSound's 888 number and they referred me to a firm in Savannah, which is so farther away. They said that they had ReSound hearing aids.

I’ve got a friend who did a lot of homework and he ended up getting LiNX2, and he’s very happy with it. I scheduled an appointment for today, but I canceled it. I was trying to get a sense of how much the LiNX2 would cost if that’s what I needed, but the hearing professional didn’t give me any information. He said it could be anywhere from less than 1,000 to over 5,000. That wasn’t exactly the information I was hoping to get. And he tried to scare me by saying that if I’m losing hearing in one ear, I may have something a lot more serious wrong with me. I still want a ReSound hearing aids and I still want to connect with somebody. It’s just a matter of finding a hearing professional who wanted to deal with providing a better information than the gentleman in Savannah did.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

As a lifelong hearing aid wearer, I have tried many brands: Widex, Starkey, Phonak, Oticon, Siemens, and Unitron. Newest brand tried: ReSound. The ReSound ENZO2 absolutely have been a nightmare. I have now figured out these hearing aids have played a major and negative impact on me overall since getting the ReSound ENZO2. The Multi Mics are nice only if there is no other ambient noise in the room and must be on all-around mode to get full reception. I have never experienced such impacts with any prior hearing aid brands. I have had a bilateral sensorineural moderate-severe to profound loss since birth.

Pros: More features, ReSound's App compatible with iPhone. Cons: poor speech recognition/discrimination pickup, garbled sounds, mutes and drops speech and sounds, lots of ambient noise interference that blocks and distorts the speakers' speech and voice while they are speaking (orally) to you. Certain music pitches and frequencies especially in older buildings, school bells, cafeteria, daycares, preschool, P.E., Music, Art, babies/toddlers babbling/cooing/cries all HURT my ears terribly. Some of the sound are like GUNSHOTS.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Read several reviews regarding poor or intermittent performance of ReSound hearing aids. I used to have problems with spotty performance, static, cut out etc. After several returns for service they still did not function properly. About two years ago, my audiologist said I should always use Rayovac batteries in Resounds (I use 312 size in my aids). I thought, "Sure sure. I bet he gets some sort of endorsement fee." So I continued to use whatever name brand (Energizer, Duracell etc) was on sale. No luck. Problems continued. I finally asked why Rayovac? The answer I got was technical. They have more heat dispersing holes than other brands. I switched and no problems since. It's hard to believe but true. I still buy when on sale but I buy Rayovac. It might not work for you but what does it cost to try it for a few cycles? Cheaper than new aids and you can always go back to other brands.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have very poor hearing in high frequency sounds and have in the ear hearing aids. I have been wearing the ReSound Hearing Aids for nine months. Previously I used Starkey. The Resound works great when I use my iPhone, or sit in a relatively quiet place with a person. However, in more challenging environments, no matter how much I fuss with the settings, I get frustrated and cannot hear. I am in my early fifties, and people in their 80's with hearing aids out hear me. Large, cavernous rooms with mumbly speakers don't work.

Cars with loud engine noise, or where I am in the back and cannot see lips... also bad. Most frustrating, when I walk I like to listen to podcasts or music and stream it through my hearing aids. However, the sound bounces from the left to the right side, sometimes going out entirely. I have gone into my audiologist twice about this and she can't figure it out. The music is downloaded onto my phone, but I just have to hold my phone in the middle of my chest to hear in both ears. Strangely, I can stream music into my hearing aids in my car, with my phone on the seat next to me. Go figure!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Resound LiNX2 Hearing Aids: I received a set of Resound Hearing Aids about 18 months ago and they have been a problem from day one. The right one stopped working the very next day. They have been sent in for repairs more than 6 times and still do not work properly. Now that they are out of warranty all repairs are my responsibility. All I can do is purchase another set from a different company.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My son had done a lot of research on the hearing aids and picked ReSound over the others. It's a quality and flexible product with some interesting extras from the standpoint of the little box that takes my Bluetooth and retransmits it. The hearing aid was very well done and very professionally handled. I'm now getting high frequencies that I was not getting before, which helps in my complete hearing experience. I've already recommended it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

ReSound gave me a price I couldn’t turn down and I got the LiNX which got a good sound and music. We’ve been trying to find someone that can program the hearing aid correctly since ReSound’s didn’t help me out. They messed up the way they got the programming and I was sitting there when they did it and I kept complaining. They didn’t give any support once I got the pair of hearing aids. I went through 10 sets of hearing aids in less than eight months.

When I went on vacation in West Virginia, I looked for hearing centers that could help me with the programming. I’ve called one and asked me to come Monday and it cost me $35 to see a hearing doctor. It was a dual microphone and the left side was turned off. The doctor turned on the left side and I heard much better. I still got to go down to the second office of ReSound and talk to them and see if they got somebody who can program. It’s been going on for a year and a half now. The entire experience is not as good as it could be but I’ve worn several types hearing aids and these are the best for music and for anybody who loves music.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My audiologist thought ReSound Hearing was best for me and she said that the quality is better and the price was definitely cheaper than the ones I had before it. I got the ReSound LS961-DRW and it made my quality of life a lot better. My favorite feature is the Bluetooth. I also got their iPhone app which has helped in different situations because I can do settings like all around, party, wind or restaurant. But there are issues when I get in large groups. No matter what setting I had it on, I don’t understand what the people are saying because I’m still getting so much background noise. Also, I'm in Freeman, North Carolina and I had to get to Asheville to get some wax tips and guards. Then I had a warranty issue and they took care of it, and I had a very pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend ReSound.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I've had ReSound Hearing Aids for a year and a half and I've had a very good experience with it. I can use Bluetooth with the hearing aid and it goes to my iPhone, on my GPS. It is high quality and I would recommend it.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I got the ReSound LiNX2 61 Mini through the VA so the cost was very good. I can stream the Mini mic and TV very easily. However, I'm having an issue with it right now because it has a dome which has disappeared and I don't know what to do about it. The hearing aids improved my life to some degree. I still miss things that I shouldn’t be missing since I bought it. But I'm getting used to doing things better.

ReSound Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1943, ReSound is an international hearing aid company headquartered in Ballerup, Denmark. ReSound is one of the largest suppliers of hearing aids in the world with distributors in more than 80 countries and more than 4,100 employees worldwide.

• Heritage: The company was one of the world’s first makers of hearing aids and has an impressive pedigree. ReSound was responsible for many industry firsts, like the innovation of Wide Dynamic Range Compression, Digital Feedback Suppression and 2.4 GHz wireless technology. Because they continually innovate, their products tend to feature the latest in cutting edge technology.

• Worldwide locations: ReSound distributors are located around the world, including throughout the United States, Europe and Asia, with locations in South America, Central America and Africa.

• Smart Hearing technology: ReSound is on the forefront of technological innovation. Most of their hearing aids are compatible with mobile apps that allow you to adjust settings on your hearing aids from your phone or Apple Watch. You can even stream music or make phone calls directly to the hearing aid from an iPod, iPad or iPod touch.

• Options for people with profound loss: Many hearing aid brands do not make products that work for people with profound hearing loss, but ReSound ENZO² is the most powerful Made for iPhone® hearing aid on the market. It is ideal for those with severe to profound hearing loss.

• ReSound Up Smart for kids: ReSound hearing aids come in styles for all ages. ReSound Up Smart behind-the-ear aids for babies and children feature a unique surround sound technology to deliver clear sound and optimize language acquisition. ReSound Up Smart also offers other features specifically for young users, such as a battery lock and LED battery life indicator.

• Best for: youth, aging listeners, people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and those with profound hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information

8001 E. Bloomington Freeway
Bloomington
MN
1-888-735-4327
www.resound.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business