toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I noticed that my financial adviser was wearing hearing aids. I asked and he told me a little bit about it. I went from there and talked to my audiologist. I was able to try out the ReSound hearing aid. It fits comfortably and I hardly know that it’s there so it worked fine. I got the ReSound LiNX that works with the iPhone. I use the app on my phone, especially in certain instances like in a restaurant or when we go to a symphony, and I’m able to adjust the hearing aid to get a better sound quality. I also have a convertible, and if I’m getting wind noise, I can easily turn it off. The app helped me to have a little bit more control over my hearing aid. ReSound has improved my life. I can now hear my grandchildren when they’re talking to me. I missed some of that before. My wife doesn’t have to repeat stuff quite as often as well. I would highly recommend ReSound.

I purchased a pair of LiNX2 aids in 5/14. Purchase price of over $3200. I returned the right aid within a month because reception quality was poor. Unfortunately I kept the left and have had nothing but problems and frustrations since. Sound quality varies wildly. Microphone suddenly stops and starts. Cannot tell you how many times I've been to audiologist. Now a few months after warranty ran out I am being told I will need new microphone for a cost of $400. My partner got Miracle Aid (2) for 800 dollars less and has had no problems. GN Resound is crap. Being on a fixed income I now have to save money to get Miracle Aid. Do not buy ReSound for any reason.

When my two year old out of warranty hearing aid failed, I took it to my audiologist for repair. I was informed that in order to have the device repaired by its manufacturer (ReSound) I would be required to purchase a 6 month or 12 month warranty. I was happy to pay for the cost of the repair, but did not want to purchase a warranty. I was told that I had to pay for the warranty or the manufacturer would not accept my hearing aid for repair. I verbally confirmed this with ReSound via telephone and was told that it was an industry policy. If this is so, it is a very unattractive method of diverting consumer funds from the legitimate cost of repair to the highly lucrative net profit from product warranties. I am not displease with the product but highly disturbed by this devious and unprofessional practice.

I have Resound Hearing aids and purchased the BTB-2 Bluetooth phone clip to use with my Galaxy 5 android cell phone. This Bluetooth voice transmitter is of poor quality. My customers constantly claim they can not understand me because of static or poor sound quality. Secondly the clip that holds the Bluetooth to your shirt has broken twice. First time under warranty and now it's out of warranty. The clip can not be repaired requiring complete replacement of the Bluetooth at $250. If you are active, don't waste your time with the Phone Clip, it is a waste of money. Put your $ in an iPhone as these hearing aids work directly through an iPhone eliminating the need for a separate Bluetooth.

Resolution In Progress

Kelly,
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to resolve the issues with your right hearing aid, but will need to work together with your hearing care provider to do so. Could you please let me know where you purchased your hearing aids so we can get this resolved?

Michelle

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I'm getting the impression that ReSound is only capable of making usable hearing aids for the left ear. Got my hearing aids in September, immediately had problems with the right aid in staying connected with the left aid, and with streaming. Sent it back, took a month. Just got it back on Monday 11/7, was told they replaced the entire aid. After 3 days of use, now the right aid is completely dead. Changed batteries, cleaned the dome, replaced dome and wax filter. Nothing. It doesn't even give a signal when I turn it on. What is the problem with hearing aids for the right ear? Now I could send it back again and wait another month, but instead I will be looking for a full refund and buying hearing aids from a different manufacturer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Resolution In Progress

ReSound Hearing Aids

Hi Derek, I am sorry that you are unhappy with your hearing aids. I would like to receive some additional information from you, if possible. Could you let me know when the best time to call you is?

ReSound US Consumer Help

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I bought my ReSound LiNX2 9 half-shells in September. It's November. The right hearing aid is awful, even after working with the audiologist. It cuts out when I'm streaming a lot, and yesterday, it randomly started dropping the volume to barely noticeable levels. In my opinion, for $5,000 for the pair, ReSound can afford to put a little more effort into creating a consistent product. Never again.

Love my ReSound hearing aids. Only complaint is although the phone device works great, the clip that attaches to your clothing or string/rope that's included with the device is absolutely a joke and ReSound is very aware of the manufacturing defected design. The phone device cost $300.00 and the clip breaks way too easy and no repair is offered. The only option is you have to rebuy the whole device. If anyone does the slightest research just reading reviews you'll be able to find that this is a major complaint. The audiologist company I purchased my ReSound hearing aids from admits very poor design. ReSound NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM.

When I began to admit that I am maybe hard of hearing, I got online and I was looking for something that’s a little more technologically advanced. I found ReSound and liked the technology associated with it so I emailed them and asked for a vendor. They sent me to McDonald’s Hearing Aid but I ended up at the one over on Douglas Boulevard. I had a terrible time with McDonald’s submitting the claim to my insurance company. I had to get crazy with them to get them to even return my calls about it. I received the product on July 22nd and I just got payment this week. I even emailed ReSound and let them know because they referred me to them. But it’s been resolved.

I had a hearing test and I ended up buying the LiNX. It’s the most advanced but not top of the line. I didn’t want all the bells and whistles. I looked at another provider, which my doctor initially referred me to, but I did not like both the product and the office. The staff was hokey and Resound's product wasn't listed so I didn't go to them.

My favorite is the ability to control the hearing aids on the phone because there are some locations that I really have to adjust to hear optimum-ly. So if I’m not hearing somebody, I can just pick up my phone and adjust whatever I need to hear them properly. It's discreet. I like the Bluetooth aspect with the call back or hands-free feature. I like the geo-mapping, but I don’t use it as frequently as I could. But I do like the fact that it adjusts automatically. However, when I reset my phone, I have to reset all my geo-mapping. I’m happy with ReSound and I'd recommend it. I didn’t realize that my ability to function socially was as impacted as it was. So I’m happy now that I can wear these and be very comfortable. I can interact socially, and so that’s a plus for me.

Hello Mr. Hoffheimer,

Thank you for your feedback! We do have a number you can call for technical assistance. The number is 888-735-4327, option #1. There is a team available to assist you with your Bluetooth functionality.

Best regards,

Consumer Support

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I previously had another brand and my hearing aid specialist told me that ReSound came out with a Bluetooth version, and that's what motivated me because I like the Bluetooth feature. I talk on the phone and it streams right to my hearing aids. I watch television this way, too. I don't have to turn the volume up so loud that all my neighbors get upset. You have to buy the app and the device. It's a very good feature being able to talk on the phone. It really made a difference.

My other hearing aid is also high tech but doesn't have this feature. For a long time, I was wearing those because it seemed like the sound was better. But I think I had a defective hearing aid and ReSound had to send them back. They fixed them and now they're better, but for a long time they weren't very good. What I would like is to be able to get technical assistance without having to make an appointment with the right hearing aid specialist to do it. There's no number I could call if I have questions, and that is really bad.

My ReSound LiNX2 has made my life better. I like the Apple compatibility in that it has bluetooth that connects with the iPhone. With the app, I'm able to use my cellphone via bluetooth and get 100% instead of 50% as I put the phone to my ear. However, they need to get Apple to make it a quicker shortcut to go back and forth from your car.

I love these ReSound Hearing Aids and I enjoy being able to control them with my iPhone. It's made it easier for me to converse with other people and that's just absolutely great. I use them all the time, everyday. They were provided to me by the VA on their recommendation.

My parents thought they would save a little money and purchased this brand of hearing aid. Ever since my mom has owned them, the sides continue to fall off or they quit working. Hearing Dr.'s office refuses to use the warranty to replace these lemons. Makes me wonder if there really IS a warranty. All they continue to do is try to snap them back together or glue it or such. My parent drive 100 miles round trip at least once a month to have something done to them. So frustrating for them. So much for a savings. Would NEVER recommend this brand to anyone. My own hearing aids are Starkey. Have never had a bit of trouble after 3 years.

VA provided me with ReSound LinX2 hearing aid and I had to purchase an iPhone because the app for the hearing aid is optimized for iPhone. The app has affected my hearing aid usage in a good way. I can stream everything into my hearing aid from my phone. It’s very good when I'm driving because I put my phone on the console and I can talk. It interrupts whenever I'm streaming, and the phone call comes right into my hearing aid. That's the best thing and it's more like wearing Bluetooth earbuds.

I can also tweak the settings with my phone, so if I'm in a restaurant, I set it for that kind of atmosphere. I can put that as a favorite, and the next time I walk in a restaurant, it automatically goes to that setting. And if I save this location of the restaurant, whenever I go back to that location, it goes back to that setting. Even when I drive by a restaurant and I hear ding-ding I know my hearing aid has changed setting. There are several chimes in there that let me know what's going on with them, like low battery time and anytime the settings change.

My hearing loss is not bad, but they fitted me with hearing aid because of tinnitus and the model of hearing aid I got has the tinnitus management feature, so I can stream white noise into my hearing aid anytime. I also have the Relief app from ReSound; it's for tinnitus. It has other things and different sounds that I can stream in. There's one that's called Green Woods. I can also have sounds like ocean waves, birds chirping, water bubbling, brook, and some very subtle tones like musical chords playing, around me all the time. It is very good and helpful and it gives me relief especially when I'm working alone and it's quit and no sound.

I wanted hearing aids that I could adjust. At that time, ReSound was among those user-friendly ones that I could adjust. I used them when we go out, especially to dinner. Although, I'm quite disappointed because if I'm with someone or we're out with another couple and the woman has a fairly high voice, I can't hear her. And with these ReSound hearing aids, there's no way of cutting out the background noise. But it's a good product and it's improved my hearing. However, it's just an amplifier and I was hoping for more than that.

I bought the ReSound LiNX, the best one that the store I went to had available. The person I talked to who was a very informed engineer working for ReSound, explained anything that I was interested in about the hearing aids that I was considering. He was very helpful and answered all kinds of questions about them. My favorite feature of the product is the Bluetooth streaming and the remote control feature that I can have on my iPhone. I can put iTunes on there and when I go to church and I'm listening to music, I put it on Music setting. I'm happy to wear them because it's like having Bluetooth headphones and whenever I want to turn the music on, I just put it on.

When I go to a restaurant, I put it in the Restaurant settings and it traps out a lot of the outside noise around so that I'm mostly focusing on the person who's speaking. I had hearing aids before and had to carry a remote control in my pocket. I didn’t like them and didn’t wear them that much. With ReSound, it's totally convenient having them be able to control by the iPhone. Also, I put the hearing aids in every morning first thing, and I noticed that they help me a lot because I can hear good.

The VA provided the ReSound Hearing Aid for me. It connects to my iPhone and the app has definitely helped my usage. I like the fact that I can connect it with my TV as well. It’s made me be able to hear a lot of things that I didn’t know I was missing.

I was in California visiting with a friend that I grew up with. She had worn hearing aids for probably 40 years. She had gotten a new pair, and her husband had gotten his very first ones. I knew I needed hearing aids as well and I liked everything that they said about ReSound, especially what her husband said since it was his first experience. I did not realize how badly I needed them till I got them. Imagine you hear this all the time and then when I take them out at night, I'd think, “Oh, my gosh, this is the way I was. How in the world did I function?” It had made that much of a difference in my life. I wish I had gotten them 10 years ago.

I like being able to control my hearing aid so much with my iPhone. I use that especially when I am in a crowd and I can get the noise to settle down. One of my most favorite things about it is the treble and bass control because I had used it both while I’m listening to music, especially at a concert and you can get a very shrill sound from violins, and I can control that. It’s also good for people who talk that have a real shrill voice. I happen to listen to a pastor every now and then, and I could control what I’m hearing with the treble. I’ve recommended them many times telling people where they can get them and I’ve been very open about it.

My hearing loss is at 85% and I've been wearing aids for 20 years. I have to sleep with one of my ReSound hearing aids on because I'm home by myself. Then, I've got the app on my iPhone that connects the hearing aids to my ears. When I answer my phone, it goes through my iPhone then into my hearing aids and that is absolutely wonderful. The battery of the hearing aids I've had before would last almost two weeks. But the batteries of the ReSound hearing aids don't last long. The rep who put them in my ear said if I get a week out of them I'm doing good. Other than that, I would recommend it as long as they had an iPhone.

My ReSound Hearing Aids have made things easier. I don’t have to worry about carrying headphones with me. Also, they were the only ones that worked with an iPhone. I’m on a borderline whether I need it or not and I sometimes don’t remember to put them in, but by using the app I realized I should use the hearing aids more often. There were some confusing things at first as far as pairing would go and even the audiologist was confused by some of those, but we worked our way through all it so right now it’s in line with my expectations.

I wanted hearing aids that were behind the ear instead of inside the ear since it's more comfortable. I got the ones from ReSound that connect to Apple products. I can hook it into my TV so I can listen through my stereo, which I really like. It helps me hear it better.

I went with ReSound because of the technology. It has more capabilities with the LiNX model than with any other brand that makes hearing aids. I like the ability to use my LiNX2 with the iPhone. The ReSound app on my phone has been very helpful. If I use a telephone receiver, I get some feedback. But with the wireless technology, it's like Bluetooth. I really don't need to use the receiver so I don't get any feedback. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the product that they offer and the support. I called them a few times, and I was able to get a response right away, so I've been very happy with them.

I like the Bluetooth of my ReSound hearing aids. I hook it up to my iPhone but I don’t know that the app has much of an impact on it other than I can change programs depending on the context. I haven’t noticed a great deal of difference in the different programs, but my wife likes me again because of the hearing aids.

A friend told me about ReSound Hearing Aids and my overall experience with them has been very good.

I’m 67 years old and I've been using hearing aids for generations. I was a customer of one of ReSound's competitors and then a friend of mine that was working with Apple told me that ReSound was planning to announce something that will work along with the iPhone, and as a technology guy, I found it very attractive and decided to give it a chance. I took the first generation for an experiment, and I was partially happy with it. I had a few difficulties especially with regard to the quality of connectivity and life of the batteries. When they came out with the LiNX2, I decided to try and switch to it.

I use the iPhone app, and it's much easier to control the hearing aid with it especially in noisy places like restaurants. With the LiNX2, the quality of the direct broadcasting from the phone to the hearing aids is much better than it was in the previous generation. Generally, the quality of hearing is much better than it was with the previous hearing aids that I had. However, I have one major complaint which is when I am either sweating or when it gets a little dirty, it stops functioning and I have to take it out to let it dry for hours and to clean them very thoroughly to be able to use it again. That’s a real issue regarding its reliability. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

I had used an audiologist in my former hometown of St. Charles, Illinois to monitor my hearing over the past 15 years. It was from that that I learned about Resound. I then got from them the type of hearing aid that’s placed behind the ear. I do use the Bluetooth connected to my cellphone and it’s working fine and I like the ability to toggle between restaurant or normal environment because it does help eliminate background noise when I change it to a restaurant setting. I like the ability to manage the volume through the app on my cellphone. The hearing aid is doing the way I expected it was and it's made it easier to hear everything that goes on in meetings and much easier to watch TV. Before, my wife and I were struggling and I was having trouble in a dialogue particularly when there is music in the background.

My 98 year old aunt who lives in another state needed hearing aids. She was raving about ReSound and since I knew I was having hearing problems I asked her daughter who was helping her out, what brand she had and I asked a lot of questions then they told me that they can be adjusted with an iPhone. So I went to the Georgia Hearing Institute and mentioned Resound. I definitely wanted something that could be dealt with on my iPhone.

It's been a very good experience with Resound. They're very helpful, calm and nice people who answer all my questions. They make a good product. It's excellent because I have what they call an all-around section on the app and then I have one that I had them set up for me when I'm in a restaurant which cuts out the background noise and lets me focus on the people around me that I'm talking to. And I can get some more favorites when I get to using them more. The app tells me when my batteries need replacing and I can also adjust the volume on the app. I don't have to worry about pressing buttons on my ears which would be very inconvenient. Another thing that's very good about my Resound hearing aids is that when my cellphone rings, it rings in my ears. And then when I talk on my cellphone, it's like automatically on speaker so I'm not trying to hold the cellphone to my ear.

My ReSound hearing aids are very comfortable and they have increased my quality of life. I can use the telephone and the sound comes right through my hearing aids. Also, I use the iPhone app and through it I can tell whether it’s connected or not. It also shows me the battery usage and the volume. When I have problems, I don’t know if it’s my hearing or the hearing aids so I look at the volume to see, and go back and forth with it.

I have profound hearing loss, and three years ago, I purchased ReSound hearing aids. If I’m alone in a quiet environment, I hear well. I still don’t hear when in church, but it may be a product of my personal hearing loss. I have the TV component, the little device that I hook up to the sound system on my television. In fact, my best experience was the first time I heard the television in 15 years. I had tears in my eyes. I like that I can use my hearing aids with my iPad and iPhone. The only thing is that they need to make improvements in terms of background noise. I also have the mini microphone and use it in restaurants, but it still is not enough. I need better background subtraction in noisy environments.

Another flaw is if I’m hooked up to my iPad and my telephone rings, I have to totally disconnect from my iPad to get to my phone. By the time I do that, I’ve lost the call. Also, the hearing aids don’t instantly connect to the iPhone every time. A lot of times, I have to take my hearing aids off, open and close the battery container and then reconnect, but it has nothing to do with fresh batteries. It periodically happens. Probably, there’s a bug in the system. Other than that, they’re marvelous.

I’ve been wearing hearing aids for nearly 30 years now and ReSound for the last 20. I’ve researched different brands of hearing aids every time I had purchased new hearing aids and have had three models of ReSound hearing aids and their sound quality is far superior to any other make. I’ve got the LiNX2 now and a TV Streamer as well. I’m also using the Smart app with the iPhone. The app has definitely helped me because I can watch or listen to TV now without earphones. However, I’m having a problem with the inconsistent battery life of the LiNX2, especially with the right hearing aid.

The reason I’ve got the LiNX2 is because they came out with an upgrade - $195 per hearing aid to upgrade to the new version of the LiNX. It has a longer life than the original ones, but the battery life is not consistent from day-to-day or from battery to battery. I use Pro Line batteries and the battery life went from three days to up to about six days. I’ll be sending them back to ReSound for some repairs next week.

ReSound Hearing Aids share the same wireless technology with the Nucleus Cochlear Implant which I have. I got the ReSound ENZO hearing aid and using the Phone Clip is my favorite. Using the Smart App increased my hearing aid usage. Because I'm able to connect the device to my iPhone, I'm able to take calls and stream music. I've also linked the hearing aid and my Cochlear implant via the Phone Clip to my iPad so that increased my usage as well. Having the hearing aid made things easier. I don’t have to carry an accessory with me if I have a long phone call and if I have my phone in my purse or in another room in the house, I can hear it ring through the hearing aid. It’s a cool feature.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Profile