2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

BOTTOM LINE

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

PROS

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

CONS

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my footsteps. I can hear again!

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I take advantage of it to shut out all the extraneous noise and just focus on the party at the table.

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 23, 2020

I have just read dozens of reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids and feel so sad that some people have had negative experiences. I have been wearing hearing aids for ten years and am now on my third set. The last two pairs I purchased from Costco. I have been wearing the Resound Cala 8 for three years and can only say good things about my experience with the hearing aids and Costco.

In my opinion the top end hearing aids are pretty similar - it is the competence of the audiologist that makes the big difference. All three of the Audiologists at the Orlando Costco are excellent, but I can't say enough about Frank who has been so patient and caring over the past three years. The aids worked well from the start and Frank paired them with my iPhone and TV streamer. The wire detached from the receiver a couple of times but this was easily fixed while I waited (no appointment necessary). When I felt my hearing was getting worse Frank retested my hearing and upgraded to power receivers and when finally my hearing got really bad he took a custom mold of my ears and replaced the domes.

I now have 30% hearing in each ear and am having Cochlear Implant surgery in one ear on July 8. Three years ago I paid $2,600 for the two aids and most of the upgraded were covered under the warranty or the charge was nominal - $160 for the two custom molds. For value for money and customer service I can't understand why anyone would go anywhere other than Costco.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I’m a cochlear implant recipient. Since I have a cochlear implant on the left I wear a hearing aid on the right. ReSound was recommended because it was compatible with my iPhone and it could pair with my cochlear. So I made the decision on going for ReSound. I had to search online to find out the location where the company was at for some maintenance or any questions. Their customer service contact and follow-through with their customers could be stronger.

The hearing aid I have is the ReSound LiNX 3D and everything, basically, is good with it, other than I’m still having a hard time having it paired to my phone. I had an appointment to have regular check-up and the only problem is with the COVID-19. We’re all restricted at home. So, right now I sometimes uninstall the app off my phone, then I gotta install it again, then I have to pair it again in order to get some control off my phone for my both cochlear and my ReSound. And I never had that problem before with my ReSound. Right now, I have an upgrade on my cochlear that may be the whole problem. They work and then they don’t work. They pair, but they don’t. So right now it’s just sort of a frustrating situation. Other than that I’m happy with the hearing aid.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I’m in my mid-to-late 60s and most of my life, my hobby has been shooting guns. I started at an age when wearing hearing protection was not considered manly so my hearing loss was pretty severe. Mostly high-frequency, but it was getting down to the point that it was mid-frequency. I'm pretty much constantly saying, “Huh? What did you say?” The thing that pushed me over the edge to go and see someone about it was a comment that my grandson made to my daughter. He and I have been doing a lot of bike riding this past summer, and he said to my daughter, “Poppy needs to get a hearing aid because when I stop and call to him, he doesn’t hear me.”

I did a whole bunch of online research and chose ReSound for its combination of technology and features. Probably one of the other things that contributed to my hearing loss over the years is me being I’m an avid music listener and my musical tastes are stuck on 70s and 80s rock. I wanted something that was gonna be able to stream music because I don’t like wearing conventional headphones. I don’t like the feeling of them pressing against the side of my head all day long. I also wanted something rechargeable so I wasn’t gonna be constantly changing batteries. The ReSound LiNXes were one of the very few things I found that could check off all the boxes.

When I visited the audiologist that fitted me with the hearing aids, I had some questions about the Bluetooth functionality. He got ReSound on the phone and those people seemed to be very helpful. I also did a couple of email exchanges with them when I found that for not quite being up-to-date reasons, my cellphone would not support the streaming functionality. I was lucky enough to be able to get in on a beta program with Samsung and I was able to stream to the hearing aids. So, I’m a happy camper.

Having gone through the process of getting hearing aids, I think it's important for anyone to know is who they’re dealing with face-to-face. I’ve heard horror stories from some people that it took weeks and weeks to get used to the hearing aids or not wanting to even put them in because there was too much feedback. However, I haven’t experienced any of that. Paul, the person that I saw in Norwood, was absolutely tremendous. He spent a lot of time with me and the hearing tests that he administered were extremely comprehensive. The combination of his time and attention and the ability to tailor the response of the ReSound hearing aids made them imminently usable from the very beginning. I’ve been enormously pleased with them from day one. I’m also very happy with ReSound.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was born hard of hearing. ReSound is my fourth pair of hearing aids. I chose them over Phonak, which I had previously lost, because of the MFi capability with the iPhone phones. It tightly integrates the hearing aids directly to the phone. The other thing I was able to do with them that I wasn’t able to do with Phonak is go directly to the phone and not have to have a streamer. Previously with Phonak, I’ve had to have a streamer to do anything I wanted to do with my phone related to my hearing aids. I can just go through ReSound's app and I don't have to touch anything on the hearing aids.

It has a cool feature on the app where I’m able to do speech quality, too. When I tap that, I can pick up every sound of every word someone is saying. With the Phonak before, if I would use the button for a couple of weeks, then they would just start to jam. These hearing aids, on the other hand, don’t that. ReSound had the Bluetooth capability before, but how it is with them now is a lot more mainstream and easier to use. There’s a lot more customize-ability. I purchased the LiNX 3D 9 hearing aids, and the sound quality is amazing. I can hear things more clearly. It's a high-end hearing aids, but there's not much of a difference between it and others. The guy said it comes with four channels and some minor things, but it’s not worth the extra cost.

Nevertheless, they last me over eight years. There is definitely a lifetime investment in those. ReSound is not about making money. They are truly about making high quality products and getting your money’s worth out of it. There are things that they can improve on, though. Today, my hearing battery would beep. These hearing aids connect to my phone, so why cannot they send a push notification when the hearing aid battery is low? I don’t need to hear a beep. Overall, ReSound is the front lead of audiology. They know how to make hearing aids, and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hearing loss is one of those that comes on gradually. You never know how much it is and it was worse than I really knew. I realized I couldn’t always hear people at meetings and I knew I had a loss of a certain range. But ReSound really improved my quality of life 100%. I have a pair that go behind my ears. It was the audiologist I was seeing at that time who recommended ReSound and before that, my late husband had had one of ReSound's earliest pairs of hearing aids. It was supposed to reduce background noise so you could hear better. He was legally deaf and yet he still ran my sound system because I was the pastor of the church and he did an extremely good job. So I was always impressed with ReSound's product. I knew that it had good quality and had been recommended by several audiologists that I trusted.

He got them around 2006 and they were about $6,000 a piece. That was one of the things that kept me from going for hearing aids for a while. I didn't have $12,000. But by the time I got there and found out that two of mine were only $5,000, I was thrilled. That’s still a huge amount of money but when it comes to your hearing, or anything about your health, if you're willing to invest, it will pay off in the long run. And these really have. I understand a lot of people can't or won't be able to pay that much but I think they're well worth it.

When I first started with them, my audiologist said the app for adjusting the hearing aids was not available for my Android phone but since then, it became available and I put it on regularly. So I've been blessed to do multiple things, one of which is to adjust when there's a really loud noise. If I go into some place where there's loud music playing, I can make that go away but still hear and talk to somebody. It's so exciting. I love that feature.

It was a challenge when my audiologist apparently left the practice and they switched over. The new people did not do as well. In fact, I've changed audiology companies since then and I was also very grateful to be able to get online and ask who handles ReSound in this area. It would be the same thing if I moved some place. Because of the mess-up and the switch-over, my two-year checkup didn’t get done. But the hearing aids are operating fine and I'm very grateful for the wonderful product. I recommend them regularly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: April 14, 2020

My husband had ReSound for three years. But two months after we started, it has been horrible. We've been back and forth to Glastonbury USA Hear many times and we have nothing very happy with it at all. It's been not a good experience for $6,0000. My husband always had that high buzzing. All of a sudden, for $150 more, they've given him something thicker in his ear. They call it a mole and has helped a little bit.

I've called the company to find out if there are any extended warranties that we can get. The three years are up and to go and have them look at it for $40 a visit is ridiculous. Also, three-quarters of the time, they don't know what they're doing. They have to make sure that whoever's selling their product knows what to do with it. We were with very novice people. They're nice though. As soon as we come home, the hearing aid disconnects from my husband's phone or the buzzing are so loud I can hardly stand it. This has happened multiple times. He has to take the hearing aids and go back there.

Also, when I called the company, I got switched to Charlie and then I had Irving. Nobody wanted to take any responsibility. I have called several times and they always say they'll get back to me but nobody has ever gotten back to me. It's been a runaround with the company as well. I've tried to report and find out if there is another center that works with ReSound that I don't have to go to the Glastonbury place. But I had not gotten any concrete thing. So, if and when my husband needs hearing aids, I would definitely avoid the company that he has.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I got an email saying that there were two or three other Resound people in my area. I called around to different people that I knew they had hearing aids and they referred me to the one I ended up going to. None of them would touch it without a minimum of $300 because the 4,900 that I paid to begin with was to carry me however long it was supposed to be, and they didn’t do anything. They gave me a handful of hoods, the little rubber thing that goes over the end of the hearing aid and goes directly under the ear, and they were the wrong size. I spent most of my time at the Urgent Care for them to pick it out because it was in so far I couldn’t get it out. They gave me the little tiny ones.

Then when I kept calling either Southern NT or Northern NT, they said that they don’t have an audiologist for 11 months. I finally went to somebody else at that 11 months’ time. The audiology place said that they could help me. They could send the hearing aids back to ReSound and set it up for me because obviously there was something wrong with it. Three weeks later I got the hearing aids back and it was so screwed up. You have two different ones to say different colors. Blue on the left side, and red on the right. They had it intermixed. I couldn’t hear diddly-squat.

I kept calling the audiology place and they said that they didn’t have an audiologist at that time. Then I called they said that they were in the middle of training. For the longest time, they wouldn’t tell me they didn’t have an audiologist there until I finally went in and asked about it. The people looked at each other dumbfounded and just stared at me and didn’t say anything. I asked them again and they said that she was in training. The only reason that I sent it off was that whoever the owner of the place was, called me. In the end, the place that I went must have contacted that person and told him that they have somebody here that was not taking their blank looks. That was the only thing I could think of. It was definitely interesting and I wasn’t too far from finding an attorney and sue the hell out of them and get it over with. But I don’t wanna do that. That doesn’t fix anything.

I had to hire a different audiologist to even let me see it. They had to redo the hearing test and readjust my hearing. The lady asked if I messed it up and I said that was how I got it back. It was not right and I could tell by looking at it. She said that the aids were really messed up badly. They fixed it and $400 later, I walked out of their office. They were awesome. All of that should’ve been included in the original audiologist that I went to that didn’t have one month after I got my hearing aids. The hearing aids were also compatible with the iPhone. I don’t put the phone up to my ear when I'm talking. I have it on audio speaker and it would keep flipping back and forth from speaker to iPhone.

ReSound Hearing sucked. They did what they thought was right, but it wasn’t right when I sent it off as it came back intermixed. I'm pretty sure it was them who also sent me a survey to fill out online. I did that and they felt as though they could send me some new batteries. I don’t even use a battery. I have a battery charger.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I am on my 6th set of these hearing aids. In general, I'm happy with the sound and hearing aspect. My problem is with the rechargeable battery function. I have had the charger replaced 4 times, and the hearing aids replaced or sent back numerous times. I purchased these at Costco, and am under a 6 month "free" trial (have already paid for them). Due to the multiple problems and required visits to Costco to take care of them, manufacturer has extended the trial to 8 months. I don't know why ReSound advertises 30 hours of charge - more than one full day, they say, when most I get is about 10 hours. Also, phone app disconnects during the day - and I have to reconnect. Not too smooth!

One solution, recommended by Costco is to switch to the replaceable battery version. I have been told by Costco that ReSound said they are working on the problem and had issues with both the charger and the batteries. If that isn't fixed by the end of my trial, I will switch to the replaceable battery. Disappointed in ReSound for the false advertising on the charge period.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have been profoundly hard-of-hearing since birth. I've worn analog super powerful behind the ear hearing aids for most of my life. They were old and most places won't repair or replace them anymore. I went to a local audiologist and they recommended the ReSound GN hearing aid and sold me on the fact that it was highly customizable and can connect to the iPhone. All that is great. It works well with my phone when the app is working.

However, my primary complaint is that it sound horrible in day-to-day, real life operations. I can't listen to music with it as it sound like a wall of garbage noise. Nothing else sounds right. I went in to the audiologist 6 times to get it adjusted. It just sounds horrible! Either the hearing-aid cannot be adjusted correctly or the audiologist will not adjust it close to what my old analog hearing aids would sound like.

I ended up wearing my old analog hearing-aid for my day-to-day activities. I only wear the ReSound hearing aid when I know I am going to be on the phone, or when I have to wear mouse-ear hearing protection. In summary: Pro - it connects to the iPhone via an app. It has feedback canceling. Con - The app is buggy. It sounds awful compared to an analog hearing aid in normal activities, thus I don't wear it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Period recommended ReSound. I'm a part-time musician and they said it's probably the best for musicians. The cost was pretty reasonable compared to others. It's been good so far. I hear better. Especially in restaurants, it's been a lot better to hear the waiters and waitresses.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information