2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

BOTTOM LINE

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

PROS

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

CONS

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my footsteps. I can hear again!

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I take advantage of it to shut out all the extraneous noise and just focus on the party at the table.

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I’m in my mid-to-late 60s and most of my life, my hobby has been shooting guns. I started at an age when wearing hearing protection was not considered manly so my hearing loss was pretty severe. Mostly high-frequency, but it was getting down to the point that it was mid-frequency. I'm pretty much constantly saying, “Huh? What did you say?” The thing that pushed me over the edge to go and see someone about it was a comment that my grandson made to my daughter. He and I have been doing a lot of bike riding this past summer, and he said to my daughter, “Poppy needs to get a hearing aid because when I stop and call to him, he doesn’t hear me.”

I did a whole bunch of online research and chose ReSound for its combination of technology and features. Probably one of the other things that contributed to my hearing loss over the years is me being I’m an avid music listener and my musical tastes are stuck on 70s and 80s rock. I wanted something that was gonna be able to stream music because I don’t like wearing conventional headphones. I don’t like the feeling of them pressing against the side of my head all day long. I also wanted something rechargeable so I wasn’t gonna be constantly changing batteries. The ReSound LiNXes were one of the very few things I found that could check off all the boxes.

When I visited the audiologist that fitted me with the hearing aids, I had some questions about the Bluetooth functionality. He got ReSound on the phone and those people seemed to be very helpful. I also did a couple of email exchanges with them when I found that for not quite being up-to-date reasons, my cellphone would not support the streaming functionality. I was lucky enough to be able to get in on a beta program with Samsung and I was able to stream to the hearing aids. So, I’m a happy camper.

Having gone through the process of getting hearing aids, I think it's important for anyone to know is who they’re dealing with face-to-face. I’ve heard horror stories from some people that it took weeks and weeks to get used to the hearing aids or not wanting to even put them in because there was too much feedback. However, I haven’t experienced any of that. Paul, the person that I saw in Norwood, was absolutely tremendous. He spent a lot of time with me and the hearing tests that he administered were extremely comprehensive. The combination of his time and attention and the ability to tailor the response of the ReSound hearing aids made them imminently usable from the very beginning. I’ve been enormously pleased with them from day one. I’m also very happy with ReSound.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was born hard of hearing. ReSound is my fourth pair of hearing aids. I chose them over Phonak, which I had previously lost, because of the MFi capability with the iPhone phones. It tightly integrates the hearing aids directly to the phone. The other thing I was able to do with them that I wasn’t able to do with Phonak is go directly to the phone and not have to have a streamer. Previously with Phonak, I’ve had to have a streamer to do anything I wanted to do with my phone related to my hearing aids. I can just go through ReSound's app and I don't have to touch anything on the hearing aids.

It has a cool feature on the app where I’m able to do speech quality, too. When I tap that, I can pick up every sound of every word someone is saying. With the Phonak before, if I would use the button for a couple of weeks, then they would just start to jam. These hearing aids, on the other hand, don’t that. ReSound had the Bluetooth capability before, but how it is with them now is a lot more mainstream and easier to use. There’s a lot more customize-ability. I purchased the LiNX 3D 9 hearing aids, and the sound quality is amazing. I can hear things more clearly. It's a high-end hearing aids, but there's not much of a difference between it and others. The guy said it comes with four channels and some minor things, but it’s not worth the extra cost.

Nevertheless, they last me over eight years. There is definitely a lifetime investment in those. ReSound is not about making money. They are truly about making high quality products and getting your money’s worth out of it. There are things that they can improve on, though. Today, my hearing battery would beep. These hearing aids connect to my phone, so why cannot they send a push notification when the hearing aid battery is low? I don’t need to hear a beep. Overall, ReSound is the front lead of audiology. They know how to make hearing aids, and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hearing loss is one of those that comes on gradually. You never know how much it is and it was worse than I really knew. I realized I couldn’t always hear people at meetings and I knew I had a loss of a certain range. But ReSound really improved my quality of life 100%. I have a pair that go behind my ears. It was the audiologist I was seeing at that time who recommended ReSound and before that, my late husband had had one of ReSound's earliest pairs of hearing aids. It was supposed to reduce background noise so you could hear better. He was legally deaf and yet he still ran my sound system because I was the pastor of the church and he did an extremely good job. So I was always impressed with ReSound's product. I knew that it had good quality and had been recommended by several audiologists that I trusted.

He got them around 2006 and they were about $6,000 a piece. That was one of the things that kept me from going for hearing aids for a while. I didn't have $12,000. But by the time I got there and found out that two of mine were only $5,000, I was thrilled. That’s still a huge amount of money but when it comes to your hearing, or anything about your health, if you're willing to invest, it will pay off in the long run. And these really have. I understand a lot of people can't or won't be able to pay that much but I think they're well worth it.

When I first started with them, my audiologist said the app for adjusting the hearing aids was not available for my Android phone but since then, it became available and I put it on regularly. So I've been blessed to do multiple things, one of which is to adjust when there's a really loud noise. If I go into some place where there's loud music playing, I can make that go away but still hear and talk to somebody. It's so exciting. I love that feature.

It was a challenge when my audiologist apparently left the practice and they switched over. The new people did not do as well. In fact, I've changed audiology companies since then and I was also very grateful to be able to get online and ask who handles ReSound in this area. It would be the same thing if I moved some place. Because of the mess-up and the switch-over, my two-year checkup didn’t get done. But the hearing aids are operating fine and I'm very grateful for the wonderful product. I recommend them regularly.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I just had Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center in Clinton do a recheck on my ReSound hearing aids that I purchased in Cambridge Minnesota in 2015 after I realized I was losing my hearing. The specialist in 2015 did a wonderful job explaining my hearing loss and offering several options in selecting a hearing aids. After reviewing my options we picked ReSound Hearing Aids. I have been very happy with them and they made a big improvement in my life.

I had great service by Kat ** at Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center in Clinton Iowa today. She tested my hearing and explained at each level how much my hearing had gone down. She then adjusted my hearing aid levels. She also pulled up my original hearing test on the computer and should me my orginal hearing aid levels and she then put up what my current hearing levels are. They work great and I would recommend ReSound hearing aids and Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center. Kat ** was great in testing, adjusting and explaining what had happened to my hearing and setting up a recheck for my ReSound hearing aids. My life has changed for the better since I have started using ReSound hearing aids.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My hearing loss was only 30% on the right side and on the left side, I’m deaf. I did a lot of research online and I found ReSound Hearing Aids to be the best one in technology. I like the way how it works if you need to set it up. You can do it online with the professional. And of course, I like the Bluetooth. I purchased the 7 LiNX 3D. However, I’m a little frustrated because it seems like when I’m outside and if I put my phone in my pocket, the hearing aids stop in the middle. The Bluetooth, the music, or the podcast stops. But usually, when I’m inside at home, it works better.

Also, the thing that I needed to call my professional about is that I use a lot of All-Around and the Speech clarity. I put in Listen and then I come back to All-Around, Speech clarity. For about 10 seconds, it is amazing. It’s working fine and the words are clear. But after about 10 or 15 seconds, it gets stuffy and hard to hear. When I'm also in the car, sometimes, I can’t hear other's voice but I can hear more of the tires' and engine's noises. Other than that, the hearing aids are great. On the first day that I've used the hearing aids, I was almost crying because I could hear the paper. When you change the paper in the book, there is a sound. I wasn’t hearing that before and now, I’m able to. There are a lot of small sounds that I’m actually able to hear now. I would tell a friend that ReSound Hearing Aids is a great company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 22, 2020

I am on my 6th set of these hearing aids. In general, I'm happy with the sound and hearing aspect. My problem is with the rechargeable battery function. I have had the charger replaced 4 times, and the hearing aids replaced or sent back numerous times. I purchased these at Costco, and am under a 6 month "free" trial (have already paid for them). Due to the multiple problems and required visits to Costco to take care of them, manufacturer has extended the trial to 8 months. I don't know why ReSound advertises 30 hours of charge - more than one full day, they say, when most I get is about 10 hours. Also, phone app disconnects during the day - and I have to reconnect. Not too smooth!

One solution, recommended by Costco is to switch to the replaceable battery version. I have been told by Costco that ReSound said they are working on the problem and had issues with both the charger and the batteries. If that isn't fixed by the end of my trial, I will switch to the replaceable battery. Disappointed in ReSound for the false advertising on the charge period.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have been profoundly hard-of-hearing since birth. I've worn analog super powerful behind the ear hearing aids for most of my life. They were old and most places won't repair or replace them anymore. I went to a local audiologist and they recommended the ReSound GN hearing aid and sold me on the fact that it was highly customizable and can connect to the iPhone. All that is great. It works well with my phone when the app is working.

However, my primary complaint is that it sound horrible in day-to-day, real life operations. I can't listen to music with it as it sound like a wall of garbage noise. Nothing else sounds right. I went in to the audiologist 6 times to get it adjusted. It just sounds horrible! Either the hearing-aid cannot be adjusted correctly or the audiologist will not adjust it close to what my old analog hearing aids would sound like.

I ended up wearing my old analog hearing-aid for my day-to-day activities. I only wear the ReSound hearing aid when I know I am going to be on the phone, or when I have to wear mouse-ear hearing protection. In summary: Pro - it connects to the iPhone via an app. It has feedback canceling. Con - The app is buggy. It sounds awful compared to an analog hearing aid in normal activities, thus I don't wear it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Period recommended ReSound. I'm a part-time musician and they said it's probably the best for musicians. The cost was pretty reasonable compared to others. It's been good so far. I hear better. Especially in restaurants, it's been a lot better to hear the waiters and waitresses.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I had quite a significant hearing loss. I got my ReSound hearing aid through the U.S. Army. I paid for them and it was less than $1,000 and in the store, it would’ve been three-something. I have had them for about five years and never worn them because when I picked them up, my introduction was hurried and brief and I was never comfortable using them. And so, when my hearing has continued to get worse and now that I live in a retirement community, everybody has hearing aids. And so I asked for the name of a local person and I went and she was off the chart. She has helped me facilitate using them. I've been back three times. And I could not afford paying the rent that I pay where I lived. I could not afford the $500 fee, so I just paid her by the visit.

I’m very happy with the hearing aids. They aren’t perfect, but I'm glad I have them. I just wish I had some that didn’t have the piece that goes behind the ear because I wear glasses and they clicked. And the cord, the thing that attaches behind the ear and in the ear, some days, it really gets to hurting me. It’s pressing on my ears and it’s uncomfortable. And the longer one, she said it’s $75. But I can’t spend that on it. So, I wish I had some that didn’t have to be connected from behind the ear to in the ear.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I'm new to hearing aids. Received them 11/2019. 3 months and 2 days later I discover that there is supposed to be a wax filter tip/wax guard on the tip that goes down the ear canal. REALLY!! Disappointed at this point. I'm constantly battling wax. The aids were not complete. How was this missed upon inspection and testing of the aids? I'm not happy with this product.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information

8001 E. Bloomington Freeway
    Bloomington
    MN
    1-888-735-4327
    www.resound.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.