2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

3.2/5 (209 ratings)

About ReSound Hearing Aids

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

Pros

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

Cons

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Bottom Line

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my foo...

Verified

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I tak...

ReSound hearing aids

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Bluetooth to my iPhone. Easy to adjust volume. When sharing my phone to listen to family, must remember to disconnect my hearing aids. Have owned my resound hearing aids for 6’years. Must use 312 size batteries. I purchase by box, 8 quantity. This amount lasts me a month. Batteries are easy to insert and remove. For best sound, should clean wax trap daily. Plastic pull helps with removal of hearing aides. Batteries signal when they are getting low on charge. I have two hearing aides, one in each ear. I can check the strength of the batteries in each on my smartphone. Each hearing aid is color coded for right (red) and left (blue).

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I got these at Costco Hearing Center. I don't like that online user support is lacking when I need help when the technician isn't unavailable. The technician was knowledgeable but not always available. I was told it takes a little getting used to, but I've had these for over 2 years and can't say it works all that well for me. I still have a hard time hearing people who are soft spoken or who are more than 3-5 feet away. It's the bluetooth connected ones and is synced with my phone, but adjusting it to the environment you're in is not easy. The fit isn't good, they always feel like they're going to fall out, so I'm always having to push it farther into the ear. I got them because they aren't as visible as some of the older ones, at this point I really need to be able to hear speech. I don't think I'll get these again nor recommend them.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I went with a hearing aid outfit four or five years ago that was bought out by Tri-County Hearing. Tri-County Hearing then introduced me to ReSound. I'm less than satisfied with Tri-County Hearing but I am very satisfied with my ReSound Hearing Aids. I just wish that I had a more forthcoming, stable audiologist with who to deal with. I'm seeing there seems to be a correlation between many of the local hearing aid providers having car dealer-itis. Many very deceptive and less than honest claims are being made which I don't agree with. Tri-County makes the statement that someone properly fitted with hearing aids can have hearing superior to someone with normal hearing without aids, and that is absolutely patently ridiculous. Hearing aids absolutely cannot restore normal hearing. They can restore bad hearing to the point where you can function satisfactorily.

If I can find somebody that I can really trust for straight answers, I wouldn't care what kinda hearing aid they sold me as long as it worked. The only problem I have with these ReSound aids now is that my hearing has gotten so bad that I have to require so much amplification that I'm right on the cusp of having continual feedback problems. I don't want to go to fitting the little fitting things that go into my ear. I wanna stay with the disposable tulips.

Original review: July 25, 2020

A friend of mine has a connection with a saleslady for ReSound. I have the left one and it's over the ear or in the ear. It's made my life easier and I like it. I have my own music one and I have my own everyday one, and I keep changing it. I love the fact that through my phone I can just answer it and hear it without touching. I'll pick up the phone as long as I have the phone close by or close to microphone part.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I have just read dozens of reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids and feel so sad that some people have had negative experiences. I have been wearing hearing aids for ten years and am now on my third set. The last two pairs I purchased from Costco. I have been wearing the Resound Cala 8 for three years and can only say good things about my experience with the hearing aids and Costco.

In my opinion the top end hearing aids are pretty similar - it is the competence of the audiologist that makes the big difference. All three of the Audiologists at the Orlando Costco are excellent, but I can't say enough about Frank who has been so patient and caring over the past three years. The aids worked well from the start and Frank paired them with my iPhone and TV streamer. The wire detached from the receiver a couple of times but this was easily fixed while I waited (no appointment necessary). When I felt my hearing was getting worse Frank retested my hearing and upgraded to power receivers and when finally my hearing got really bad he took a custom mold of my ears and replaced the domes.

I now have 30% hearing in each ear and am having Cochlear Implant surgery in one ear on July 8. Three years ago I paid $2,600 for the two aids and most of the upgraded were covered under the warranty or the charge was nominal - $160 for the two custom molds. For value for money and customer service I can't understand why anyone would go anywhere other than Costco.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I have the hearing aids that wrap around your ear and can adjust the sound volume on them. They work very well and are very easy to maintain. The brand is Resound LiNX Quattro which isn't real expensive so an average person can afford them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

They are easy to adjust the sound to cut out any background noise. When updates on my iPhone are done Resound the automatically updates so I don’t have to worry. I like that they are a closed unit so I don’t have to worry about wearing them around the pool, not going under water of course.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Good purchase on the part of the Veterans Administration. I can hear thing life leaves blowing on the grass or falling off the tree. They also help somewhat with my tinnitus.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I have analog hearing aids for long until my hearing worn out. I got Resound digital. The sound is not that great. Sound like microphone sound. I think they should give more option not to discount the old analog hearing aid.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I am glad I took all the advice of my hearing aid fitter person and got the app and linked/synced the app on my iPhone with my Verizon service...and I have the TV thingie so my neighbors don't have to listen to my TV show choices. These are the best hearing aids I've ever owned.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information