Call toll free
3.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

BOTTOM LINE

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

PROS

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

CONS

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

03/19/2019

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my footsteps. I can hear again!

04/13/2019

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I take advantage of it to shut out all the extraneous noise and just focus on the party at the table.

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

169 ReSound Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 27, 2019

I just had Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center in Clinton do a recheck on my ReSound hearing aids that I purchased in Cambridge Minnesota in 2015 after I realized I was losing my hearing. The specialist in 2015 did a wonderful job explaining my hearing loss and offering several options in selecting a hearing aids. After reviewing my options we picked ReSound Hearing Aids. I have been very happy with them and they made a big improvement in my life.

I had great service by Kat ** at Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center in Clinton Iowa today. She tested my hearing and explained at each level how much my hearing had gone down. She then adjusted my hearing aid levels. She also pulled up my original hearing test on the computer and should me my orginal hearing aid levels and she then put up what my current hearing levels are. They work great and I would recommend ReSound hearing aids and Concept by Iowa Hearing Aid Center. Kat ** was great in testing, adjusting and explaining what had happened to my hearing and setting up a recheck for my ReSound hearing aids. My life has changed for the better since I have started using ReSound hearing aids.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My hearing loss was only 30% on the right side and on the left side, I’m deaf. I did a lot of research online and I found ReSound Hearing Aids to be the best one in technology. I like the way how it works if you need to set it up. You can do it online with the professional. And of course, I like the Bluetooth. I purchased the 7 LiNX 3D. However, I’m a little frustrated because it seems like when I’m outside and if I put my phone in my pocket, the hearing aids stop in the middle. The Bluetooth, the music, or the podcast stops. But usually, when I’m inside at home, it works better.

Also, the thing that I needed to call my professional about is that I use a lot of All-Around and the Speech clarity. I put in Listen and then I come back to All-Around, Speech clarity. For about 10 seconds, it is amazing. It’s working fine and the words are clear. But after about 10 or 15 seconds, it gets stuffy and hard to hear. When I'm also in the car, sometimes, I can’t hear other's voice but I can hear more of the tires' and engine's noises. Other than that, the hearing aids are great. On the first day that I've used the hearing aids, I was almost crying because I could hear the paper. When you change the paper in the book, there is a sound. I wasn’t hearing that before and now, I’m able to. There are a lot of small sounds that I’m actually able to hear now. I would tell a friend that ReSound Hearing Aids is a great company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've had a gradual hearing loss for years and I'm 72 years old now. I worked about 26 years in heavy industry around gas carbons so it was a natural hearing loss. I lived in Little Rock, Arkansas at the time and I had an annual hearing test after I retired about four years ago. The clinic there recommended the ReSound hearing aids and I got that one.

The customer service was great. They had a no-interest financing program so I was able to pay them out then. Even though that I did then, and I still think they're outrageously expensive but it is what it is. They've been very helpful as well. I had some difficulty with one of the hearing aids a short time after I bought them and it basically just quit working all together. They fooled around with it some at their lab, but then they ended up sending it in to the factory where they replaced it or rebuilt it and sent it back. There's actually a clinic here in Norman, Oklahoma where we live now. I had the little wire that goes from the speaker to the hearing part that goes in the ear and the clinic replaced that little wire for me at $95. Aside from that, the hearing aids work well and it improved my quality of life.

I hear well and I can function without hearing aids but I really have trouble with background noises and if I'm in a big room with a lot of people, I miss an awful lot of that sort of thing. The aids are helpful in group settings. I usually put them on if I'm going anywhere or in the evenings. When my wife and I watch TV, I always wear them. We bought the ZVOX of SoundBars to go with the TV. It has an auto audio function that accentuates the narrative and takes all the background noise out and that's when the hearing aids help me quite a lot. My wife is a bit hard of hearing as well, and she has ReSounds too. Without that, we have the closed captioning and we have to read lots on there across the room.

My hearing aids are tied to my iPhone as well, so I can manipulate the volumes and then kinda improve the settings depending on where I am with that and that's very useful. I've been perfectly satisfied with ReSound. It's a good product and I have no complaints at all. I seriously wish the market in general was a little more affordable but I wouldn't have any reason to go anywhere else. They've done well by me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I could get by with a lot of, “What? Whats?” without hearing aids, but I certainly needed one as I had to have things loud and I was missing out on some conversations and things. I have a set of hearing aids that I got from an insurance company, but they were not working really well for me. They were not comfortable and the sound quality was not very good, so I ended up not wearing them.

I went into an eyeglass store and a guy was there. He had a ReSound hearing aids and he told me a couple of things about it that had me very interested. He said that it is connected to his iPhone. He can adjust the volume and change the treble and the base. He can also change to different kinds of settings on his iPhone, which seems pretty cool. He also said that there are speakers in the part that goes in the ear, as opposed to some hearing aids that create a sound in the hearing aid itself and transmit it to a tube. That seemed to make a lot more sense to me in terms of being like almost an earbud, where it has the speaker right in your ear.

I ended up getting the ReSound and they were actually as I thought. They are very comfortable and I have no trouble wearing them. The two things that I like the most are the design of it with the speaker and the telephone connection capability to adjust it. It’s pretty cool. The quality of the sound is much better, so they are working out really well. I get what I pay for and it’s certainly worth it. The other ones were rather inexpensive, but they didn’t work so well. I’m really happy I have it and it has improved the quality of my life. I’m very satisfied, overall, with everything. People around me are much happier. I don’t have the TV so loud and I don’t say “what” so much.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was having trouble making my previous hearing aids work with my phone. I did some research to find out which one would work with my iPhone and ReSound seemed to be one who was the best. There wasn't any that paired right up with the iPhone as smooth and seamlessly as ReSound did. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aids from them and there's an app that goes on my phone that lets me control the volume and have some specialized programs that I can link right directly to the hearing aids.

I bought the hearing aids in Lake Havasu. When I got to Idaho, I was having some problems, so I found the local people that work on them. They did the job and they fixed them. The hearing aids allowed me to be able to do business and talk on the phone, where before I had trouble hearing and understanding what people were saying. But because of the way the ReSound is set up, it goes not through the speaker on the phone, but directly into my hearing aids, so I hear much better. I've told several people about ReSound.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 24, 2019

I loved my Resound Linx2 hearing aids because of their advanced features such as iPhone compatibility but I probably won't buy another ReSound product. In three years of ownership they have been returned twice for factory service and had parts replaced twice by my audi. Now, the aids are two months past warranty and my right hearing aid needs to be sent in for repair at a cost of $363. I wrote to the company but received no response. Very disappointing.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have had three sets of Resound hearing aids and now with the Linx. Aids are good quality and cost about $2500 a pair through Costco. Resound has a nice bluetooth rechargeable accessory microphone for multiple uses including clipping on to the collar of your companion in a noisy restaurant. Unfortunately, Resound makes the $15 battery in these microphones NOT REPLACEABLE by glueing on the cover. They will ONLY sell you a new $250 unit with the $15 battery fails. It IS possible to change out the battery, but only by destroying the case of the microphone. Resound must be needing profits badly!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I can’t hear the TV when they place music. I contacted ReSound and got hearing aids for both ears. I did research. And I went to Costco, and ReSound was cheaper than anybody else. The sales representatives were great too. They're very thorough. I'm really impressed with the size of the hearing aids. They're very small. Most of the time, it works well. It depends on what setting you put it on. It’s like sometimes if I have it on speech clarity and we’re eating dinner, and someone's putting the pots and pans away, it’s really loud. But I told the guy from ReSound about it, and he toned it down. And it’s still a little loud, but I don’t have another appointment with him for a couple of months. So, I’ll tell him about it. I’m pleased with my ReSound. It helps me hear what I’m missing on the TV.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had significant hearing loss on both ears and Costco recommended ReSound to me. My hearing improved since using them but there was a program update and it has made life far more difficult for me. If I have my hearing aids in and I look at the ReSound application, in many cases, I find that this application is not turned on and I have to hit the button to turn it on. I’m not happy with the fact that it turns off. I don’t like what they did in making what worked well into something that I’m not sure when it’s working and when it’s not.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have been a hearing aid user since 1994...25 years and I have NEVER had as much trouble with hearing aids as I have these!!! I have molds rather than the domes because of the severe hearing loss I have as a result of Meniere's Disease. The left mold has been sent back 5 times due to loose speaker wires and speaker problems, now I am having to make another round trip of 180 miles to my audiologist because now the speaker wire in the right one is coming out!!!! Not to mention if the least little bit of sweat gets in the aid it won't work or has a TERRIBLE static noise! I am completely fed up with RESOUND!!!! They have to be sent off to be repaired. They are then gone for 2 1/2 weeks. I have to work and if I can't hear I can't work!!! NO MORE RESOUND FOR ME!!!! Miss my Oticon's!!!!

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information