2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

BOTTOM LINE

ReSound’s three hearing aid models cover a wide range of hearing loss levels. Direct purchase through ReSound instead of through dealers would be better, but additional technology accessories make ReSound a good buy.

PROS

• Affordable options available
  • Helpful microphone technology
  • Mild to profound hearing loss covered

CONS

• Sold through dealers, not directly through ReSound

Top ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

I just received my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids from the Veterans Administration. I could not stop giggling while walking to the car. I could hear the wind, the birds, my footsteps. I can hear again!

I decided to get a Quattro 9. Since then, everything has been great. Controlling them with the app on the iPhone is just unbelievable. If we go to a concert or a restaurant, I take advantage of it to shut out all the extraneous noise and just focus on the party at the table.

ReSound hearing aid models

ReSound hearing aids can help with a wide range of hearing levels, from mild to profound. Certain ReSound hearing aid parts are designed specifically for those with the most trouble hearing. For example, the ReSound Enzo 3D is made especially for people with severe to profound hearing loss. There are three ReSound hearing aid models: the Linx Quattro, the Linx 3D and the Enzo 3D.

ModelTypeHearing lossBattery
ReSound Linx QuattroReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundRechargeable
ReSound Linx 3DReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Mild to profoundSize 13
RICBehind-the-ear (BTE)Severe to profoundSize 13
  • ReSound Linx Quattro: This receiver-in-ear model works for people with all levels of hearing loss. The rechargeable batteries in the RIE 61 version make it convenient to use. iPhones and Android devices can stream to the devices from most audio sources. There is also a push button for volume and program control and a water-resistant coating.
  • ReSound Linx 3D: The Linx 3D comes with Surround Sound and Spatial Sense technology. You can take calls from your iPhone while the Phone Clip+ lets you take calls from an Android device. The Smart 3D app from ReSound can track hearing challenges by location so you can fine-tune your hearing aid with an audiologist at a later time.
  • ReSound Enzo 3D: This practically invisible hearing aid is made specifically for those with severe to profound hearing loss. The Enzo 3D comes with 4 customizable programs and 17 channels with technology emphasizing clear, crisp sound.

ReSound hearing aid prices

There isn’t a single full ReSound hearing aid price list because ReSound hearing aids are only sold through dealers, not directly. For this reason, prices may vary. Factors that affected ReSound hearing aids cost included location, model and degree of technology. The ReSound Linx 3D price is potentially the highest cost, and the ReSound Enzo 3D price is potentially the lowest.

We researched and found a range of pricing for ReSound hearing aids.

ModelPrice per hearing aid
ReSound Enzo 3D$1,149–$2,200
ReSound Linx 3D$1,499–$4,200
ReSound Linx Quattro$2,500–$3,900

How to buy ReSound hearing aids

You can buy ReSound hearing aids from several ReSound hearing aid dealers. First, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or ENT doctor. You can contact a ReSound professional to receive a list of local hearing aid test providers. ReSound also helps you decide between ReSound hearing aids and which hearing aid dealers works best for you.

ReSound hearing aid accessories and technology

ReSound has several additional technologies and accessories available for those who purchase their hearing aids.

• ReSound Micro Mic: This microphone lets you hear people up to 80 feet away.
  • ReSound Multi Mic: This piece of technology lets you hear multiple people around you. All you have to do is place the Multi Mic on a table or other flat surface to better hear people at a meeting, dinner party or game night.
  • ReSound Phone Clip+: The ReSound phone clip lets you stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound TV Streamer 2: Just like it sounds, the TV Streamer 2 lets you stream audio from your TV to your hearing aid.
  • ReSound Remote Control2: You can control audio levels with this handheld remote.
  • ReSound app: Control the volume of your hearing aid right from the ReSound hearing aid app. It also helps locate lost hearing aids. Available for Apple and Android.

Does ConsumerAffairs recommend ReSound hearing aids?

We recommend ReSound for their affordable hearing aid options, additional technology accessories and range of hearing covered. We love that each option from ReSound can accommodate profound hearing loss. The additional microphones let ReSound hearing aid wearers be prepared no matter what social situation they may find themselves. For these reasons, we can say with confidence that ReSound is an excellent choice.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: July 30, 2020

I went with a hearing aid outfit four or five years ago that was bought out by Tri-County Hearing. Tri-County Hearing then introduced me to ReSound. I'm less than satisfied with Tri-County Hearing but I am very satisfied with my ReSound Hearing Aids. I just wish that I had a more forthcoming, stable audiologist with who to deal with. I'm seeing there seems to be a correlation between many of the local hearing aid providers having car dealer-itis. Many very deceptive and less than honest claims are being made which I don't agree with. Tri-County makes the statement that someone properly fitted with hearing aids can have hearing superior to someone with normal hearing without aids, and that is absolutely patently ridiculous. Hearing aids absolutely cannot restore normal hearing. They can restore bad hearing to the point where you can function satisfactorily.

If I can find somebody that I can really trust for straight answers, I wouldn't care what kinda hearing aid they sold me as long as it worked. The only problem I have with these ReSound aids now is that my hearing has gotten so bad that I have to require so much amplification that I'm right on the cusp of having continual feedback problems. I don't want to go to fitting the little fitting things that go into my ear. I wanna stay with the disposable tulips.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: June 23, 2020

I have just read dozens of reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids and feel so sad that some people have had negative experiences. I have been wearing hearing aids for ten years and am now on my third set. The last two pairs I purchased from Costco. I have been wearing the Resound Cala 8 for three years and can only say good things about my experience with the hearing aids and Costco.

In my opinion the top end hearing aids are pretty similar - it is the competence of the audiologist that makes the big difference. All three of the Audiologists at the Orlando Costco are excellent, but I can't say enough about Frank who has been so patient and caring over the past three years. The aids worked well from the start and Frank paired them with my iPhone and TV streamer. The wire detached from the receiver a couple of times but this was easily fixed while I waited (no appointment necessary). When I felt my hearing was getting worse Frank retested my hearing and upgraded to power receivers and when finally my hearing got really bad he took a custom mold of my ears and replaced the domes.

I now have 30% hearing in each ear and am having Cochlear Implant surgery in one ear on July 8. Three years ago I paid $2,600 for the two aids and most of the upgraded were covered under the warranty or the charge was nominal - $160 for the two custom molds. For value for money and customer service I can't understand why anyone would go anywhere other than Costco.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I’m a cochlear implant recipient. Since I have a cochlear implant on the left I wear a hearing aid on the right. ReSound was recommended because it was compatible with my iPhone and it could pair with my cochlear. So I made the decision on going for ReSound. I had to search online to find out the location where the company was at for some maintenance or any questions. Their customer service contact and follow-through with their customers could be stronger.

The hearing aid I have is the ReSound LiNX 3D and everything, basically, is good with it, other than I’m still having a hard time having it paired to my phone. I had an appointment to have regular check-up and the only problem is with the COVID-19. We’re all restricted at home. So, right now I sometimes uninstall the app off my phone, then I gotta install it again, then I have to pair it again in order to get some control off my phone for my both cochlear and my ReSound. And I never had that problem before with my ReSound. Right now, I have an upgrade on my cochlear that may be the whole problem. They work and then they don’t work. They pair, but they don’t. So right now it’s just sort of a frustrating situation. Other than that I’m happy with the hearing aid.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I’m in my mid-to-late 60s and most of my life, my hobby has been shooting guns. I started at an age when wearing hearing protection was not considered manly so my hearing loss was pretty severe. Mostly high-frequency, but it was getting down to the point that it was mid-frequency. I'm pretty much constantly saying, “Huh? What did you say?” The thing that pushed me over the edge to go and see someone about it was a comment that my grandson made to my daughter. He and I have been doing a lot of bike riding this past summer, and he said to my daughter, “Poppy needs to get a hearing aid because when I stop and call to him, he doesn’t hear me.”

I did a whole bunch of online research and chose ReSound for its combination of technology and features. Probably one of the other things that contributed to my hearing loss over the years is me being I’m an avid music listener and my musical tastes are stuck on 70s and 80s rock. I wanted something that was gonna be able to stream music because I don’t like wearing conventional headphones. I don’t like the feeling of them pressing against the side of my head all day long. I also wanted something rechargeable so I wasn’t gonna be constantly changing batteries. The ReSound LiNXes were one of the very few things I found that could check off all the boxes.

When I visited the audiologist that fitted me with the hearing aids, I had some questions about the Bluetooth functionality. He got ReSound on the phone and those people seemed to be very helpful. I also did a couple of email exchanges with them when I found that for not quite being up-to-date reasons, my cellphone would not support the streaming functionality. I was lucky enough to be able to get in on a beta program with Samsung and I was able to stream to the hearing aids. So, I’m a happy camper.

Having gone through the process of getting hearing aids, I think it's important for anyone to know is who they’re dealing with face-to-face. I’ve heard horror stories from some people that it took weeks and weeks to get used to the hearing aids or not wanting to even put them in because there was too much feedback. However, I haven’t experienced any of that. Paul, the person that I saw in Norwood, was absolutely tremendous. He spent a lot of time with me and the hearing tests that he administered were extremely comprehensive. The combination of his time and attention and the ability to tailor the response of the ReSound hearing aids made them imminently usable from the very beginning. I’ve been enormously pleased with them from day one. I’m also very happy with ReSound.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I am very pleased with my Resound LiNX aids. This is my 2nd year & l just get tickled (in between jumping out of my skin!) bc of now hearing so much in my world! I love the paired phone- lost my aid a few weeks ago & went back to the restaurant, then searched the car again, then back to the store, turned my purse inside out bc this is a $2000 each investment! Finally remembered that they are paired with my Android. Sure enough, my phone said it was in the car. No way! I finally said "OK", got my flashlight and got under the back seat. Voíla! Way in the back, it had fallen into the seat belt well & under the seat. (I had gotten mine in bright red so l could see them) l love the fact that l can manage the volume & equalizer & more from my phone bc manipulating the tiny switches drove me nuts.

Original review: July 25, 2020

A friend of mine has a connection with a saleslady for ReSound. I have the left one and it's over the ear or in the ear. It's made my life easier and I like it. I have my own music one and I have my own everyday one, and I keep changing it. I love the fact that through my phone I can just answer it and hear it without touching. I'll pick up the phone as long as I have the phone close by or close to microphone part.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I got my ReSound Quattro hearing aids 6 and 1/2 mo ago. At 10 weeks, had to have first repair for loose speaker wire in Rt h.a., 3 months later, the speaker wire on the Left one had to be replaced. Four weeks after that, the right one had to be replaced again! Eight DAYS later the charger would only charge up to 70%, and lasted only 10 hours, over the next 3 days, it charged less each time. I could take them out, and put them back in, and it would go up one more indicator light, and stop charging. IE, I had to babysit it and restart the charging for 3 cycles. Then it got to where it would only charge up to 6 hours worth of use, until I could not get but 3 hours use of them before they died.

The Audiologist rebooted them. (little pinhole on bottom of charger) It didn't help. Had to send them away. 2 weeks. When they returned, I was told they essentially "replaced everything they could replace on them". When I got them home, the first time I went to use them after charging all night? Only 3 out of 5 indicator lights. When I called the audiologist, he said "I don't think they even checked the charger." WHAT? Sent in for a problem with charging, hello? But hasn't happened since, but (only been 4 weeks) and right on "schedule", the right speaker wire went out today.

I have an Android Galaxy phone, but it's the 8, the app is not fully compatible for anything before the 10. However, it can download firmware updates with no problem, and I can use it to switch between 3 environment modes: "noise filter on" (cuts background noise and wind rush), "hear everyone" (conference room type settings or nature where you want to hear bird calls as well as the bear that may be stalking you), and "voice focus", when you want to hear sound from a single specific source, like a one on one conversation in a noisy space.

I had a pair of NU Ear hearing aids one of which worked for about 14 years with no trouble, the right one died a couple of years sooner but couldn't find anyone to work on it after my audiologist retired. The right one still works, just can't find anyone to adjust it, and my hearing loss is progressive and congenital so the earlier setting doesn't cut it for the mod-to-severe loss now. It was a cookie bite pattern for a loooong time, but now both ears are bad enough that they are easier to aid. Cookie bite is sorta rare, and limited on how well it can be assisted. Since it is rare, it is my understanding that there is little incentive for h.a. makers to invest in r&d of an aid crafted specifically for cookie bite pattern hearing loss. The Nu Ear were full in the canal, with disposable batteries, and I did not wear them full time all of those years.

The Re-Sounds are behind the ear style. I have seen many reviews now that report speaker wire problems were constant, and the warranty is only a year for mine. After that, you are gonna pay 300-400 MINIMUM for repairs by the manufacturer, and you get one replacement over the lifetime of each unit. This brand was the only kind my Dr. offered. I wish I had been able to try other brands, but I have chronic fatigue, and shopping for a different doc on top of trying several h.a.'s was not really an option.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Frustrating! They don’t stay connected. They cut out during important conversations. They can only be connected to one device. Other equipment interferes with connectivity. I wish I didn’t spend $5000.00 for something that doesn’t work.

Original review: April 14, 2020

My husband had ReSound for three years. But two months after we started, it has been horrible. We've been back and forth to Glastonbury USA Hear many times and we have nothing very happy with it at all. It's been not a good experience for $6,0000. My husband always had that high buzzing. All of a sudden, for $150 more, they've given him something thicker in his ear. They call it a mole and has helped a little bit.

I've called the company to find out if there are any extended warranties that we can get. The three years are up and to go and have them look at it for $40 a visit is ridiculous. Also, three-quarters of the time, they don't know what they're doing. They have to make sure that whoever's selling their product knows what to do with it. We were with very novice people. They're nice though. As soon as we come home, the hearing aid disconnects from my husband's phone or the buzzing are so loud I can hardly stand it. This has happened multiple times. He has to take the hearing aids and go back there.

Also, when I called the company, I got switched to Charlie and then I had Irving. Nobody wanted to take any responsibility. I have called several times and they always say they'll get back to me but nobody has ever gotten back to me. It's been a runaround with the company as well. I've tried to report and find out if there is another center that works with ReSound that I don't have to go to the Glastonbury place. But I had not gotten any concrete thing. So, if and when my husband needs hearing aids, I would definitely avoid the company that he has.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I got an email saying that there were two or three other Resound people in my area. I called around to different people that I knew they had hearing aids and they referred me to the one I ended up going to. None of them would touch it without a minimum of $300 because the 4,900 that I paid to begin with was to carry me however long it was supposed to be, and they didn’t do anything. They gave me a handful of hoods, the little rubber thing that goes over the end of the hearing aid and goes directly under the ear, and they were the wrong size. I spent most of my time at the Urgent Care for them to pick it out because it was in so far I couldn’t get it out. They gave me the little tiny ones.

Then when I kept calling either Southern NT or Northern NT, they said that they don’t have an audiologist for 11 months. I finally went to somebody else at that 11 months’ time. The audiology place said that they could help me. They could send the hearing aids back to ReSound and set it up for me because obviously there was something wrong with it. Three weeks later I got the hearing aids back and it was so screwed up. You have two different ones to say different colors. Blue on the left side, and red on the right. They had it intermixed. I couldn’t hear diddly-squat.

I kept calling the audiology place and they said that they didn’t have an audiologist at that time. Then I called they said that they were in the middle of training. For the longest time, they wouldn’t tell me they didn’t have an audiologist there until I finally went in and asked about it. The people looked at each other dumbfounded and just stared at me and didn’t say anything. I asked them again and they said that she was in training. The only reason that I sent it off was that whoever the owner of the place was, called me. In the end, the place that I went must have contacted that person and told him that they have somebody here that was not taking their blank looks. That was the only thing I could think of. It was definitely interesting and I wasn’t too far from finding an attorney and sue the hell out of them and get it over with. But I don’t wanna do that. That doesn’t fix anything.

I had to hire a different audiologist to even let me see it. They had to redo the hearing test and readjust my hearing. The lady asked if I messed it up and I said that was how I got it back. It was not right and I could tell by looking at it. She said that the aids were really messed up badly. They fixed it and $400 later, I walked out of their office. They were awesome. All of that should’ve been included in the original audiologist that I went to that didn’t have one month after I got my hearing aids. The hearing aids were also compatible with the iPhone. I don’t put the phone up to my ear when I'm talking. I have it on audio speaker and it would keep flipping back and forth from speaker to iPhone.

ReSound Hearing sucked. They did what they thought was right, but it wasn’t right when I sent it off as it came back intermixed. I'm pretty sure it was them who also sent me a survey to fill out online. I did that and they felt as though they could send me some new batteries. I don’t even use a battery. I have a battery charger.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information